[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 53

File: 1472742836894.jpg (181KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
1472742836894.jpg
181KB, 1024x663px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51850577
>Johnny_Spinrad.personasoft
>Composure_Booster_offer.sim
>Walking_into_a_KE_office.btl
>Spirit_Taunter_S3E6.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 146 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Chummer, I saw what you did there. WHAT. THE. FUCK?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flirting_With_The_Sea_Dragon.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Giving no fucks edition

Did you ever do something SO BALLSY that everyone else just stood there in shock?
Something where everyone though "No one's that dumb" and you proved them wrong?
>>
>>51873015
>this is fine.jpg
>>
>>51873015
>Did you ever do something SO BALLSY that everyone else just stood there in shock?
>Something where everyone though "No one's that dumb" and you proved them wrong?
Never made my GM or fellow players feel that way, but I suspect that every shadowrunner worth their salt has made civilians feel that, if not whatever security forces they find themselves going up against as well. I certainly know that I have.
>>
File: 1421261224941.png (97KB, 277x315px) Image search: [Google]
1421261224941.png
97KB, 277x315px
Once saw a street samurai hit a man with a pie so hard that knocked him out cold.
>>
>>51873153
>Knight Errant Super Action Commando Squad
It needs to spell something as an acronym.
>>
>>51873015
I jumped off a boat we were on and punched through a sub in order to stop it from escaping. I'm glad someone threw me a life preserver on a rope before they left me behind.
>>
>>51873140
those are more supposed to be separate.
>>
File: RKO.jpg (33KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
RKO.jpg
33KB, 642x361px
>>51873161
I witnessed a Troll Physical Adept RKO a truck.
>>
What is the most overused big bad and their plans in shadowrun?
>>
>>51873314
Aztechnology and Blood Magic for world domination.
>>
File: kate-yu-i-come-in-peace.jpg (104KB, 587x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kate-yu-i-come-in-peace.jpg
104KB, 587x1000px
>>51873015

Our face once talked his way into a hospital claiming to be with the charity group "Cats for the Comatose"

The cat was our shapechanged mage.
>>
>>51873314
Dragons. Just about anything with them.
>>
File: n7oie0JmgD1s2zbk7.gif (999KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
n7oie0JmgD1s2zbk7.gif
999KB, 500x301px
We were once hired to kidnap a CFO's son who liked to fly a little single-engine plane from a private airstrip on the weekends, and after shit went south my sammy was able to make off with the target by sprinting onto the runway amidst fucktons of gunfire and grabbing onto the plane's door before he could fully take off in a last-ditch attempt to run away from us. Nothing quite like the look on an A-corp bigwig's face as he sits in the control-tower watching his son's plane pass by while a heavily-armed Ork clings onto the outside, hearing his son's panicked screech over the radio before it cuts dead as said Ork wrenches the door open and clambers inside.

Personally, I think every member of a shadowrunner group should have at least one 'hold my beer' moment per campaign.
>>
File: Average Shadowrun Face.jpg (35KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Average Shadowrun Face.jpg
35KB, 500x374px
>>51873411
Man, I wish my group still had a dedicated face that got us into places with his crazy bullshit lies. The best we've had since he was gone was the one alchemist who thought that disguising himself and the technomancer as 2 people already inside a two-story office building was a good plan for social infiltration that wouldn't fall apart in a matter of minutes.
>>
>>51873384
The apocalypse cult lost some power, so now Aztechnology is just regular world domination
>>
>>51873713
>The apocalypse cult lost some power
Sadly that's either not true at all or they've still got enough power to be a threat, because they're playing the long game now.
>>
So someone mentioned the cyberdickman last thread and I figured I'd run some numbers so we can get a definitive number.
Assuming this is Johnny Spinrad's pet project and he's willing to shell out as much nuyen as we need, here's what I came up with:

Biocompat (Cyber) + Adapsin + Gammaware = 0.324 ess multiplier = 0.3
Adapsin: 0.2 Ess 30,000Y
Gammaware Luminal Body Centaur: 0.9 Ess 400,000Y (80 capacity, 4 20 capacity cyberlegs for 160 capacity)
Gammaware bulk mod for Centaur body R6: +6 capacity, 15,000Y
4xGammaware bulk mod for leg R4: +4 capacity, 10,000Y (+16 capacity, 40,000Y)
2xGammaware obvious cyberarm: 0.3 Ess, 15 capacity, 75,000Y (0.6 Ess, 30 capacity, 150,000Y)
2xGammaware bulk mod for arms R4: +4 capacity, 10,000Y (+8 capacity, 20,000Y)
Gammaware Torso: 0.45 Ess, 10 capacity, 100,000Y
Gammaware bulk mod for torso R6: +6 capacity, 15,000Y
Gammaware Skull: 0.23 Ess, 4 capacity, 50,000Y
Gammaware bulk mod for skull R2: +2 capacity, 5,000Y
Total cost for Cyberlimbs: 2.38 Ess, 825,000Y
Total Capacity: 242
242x Gammaware genital replacements (Cyberware): 10,000 (2,420,000Y)
Essence remaining: 3.62 Ess
Essence cost of a gammaware reproductive replacement: 0.1 * 0.4 = 0.04
3.62/0.04 = 90.5 = 90 gammaware reproductive replacements
90xGammaware reproductive replacements(Bioware): 40,000Y (3,600,000Y)

Total Essence costs: 5.98 Ess
Total Nuyen costs: 6,845,000Y
Total Dongs: 332
Look on corpsec's face when you roll into their office with 332 erections: Priceless
>>
>>51873797
>Total Essence costs: 5.98 Ess
And to think that all Aztechnology did with the same essence loss is turn me into a highly effective killing machine.
>>
>>51873797
What's with the cyberlimbs? Can't you just put the cyberdicks directly onto your body?
>>
>>51873015
Just a few months ago.
This fucking MCT Johnson was being a tremendous cunt, basically constantly underpaying us for "not performing adequately" (meaning in this case the plan didn't go exactly as he said it would and it was automatically our fault), but otherwise gave us some nifty toys.
After wacking 50% off of our agreed upon price at the payment (usually we pay through third party because it's more reliable) I finally got fed up with him.

So I drew on the spot and shot him in the guts (the rest of the group freaked the fuck out), then demanded the rest of our pay unless he wanted to loose both of his kneecaps and also his family since we had long since known where they lived after working with him five times.
He revealed that he was constantly underpaying because he never actually HAD all that he promised every time, and some of the info he gave up implied that the runs we were doing for him were actually for his benefit and not the actual company (he was eliminating opposition to his promotions by sabotaging or killing his rivals) and he wasn't even doing it officially. We spared his family, but mines his commlink for paydata (which we sold to his rivals he was working against), and left him alive but reported him to his rivals at MCT who paid us for the trouble.

Our GM actually seemed PLEASED at my audacity, but truth be told all the hacking homework on him I'd kinda figured that out Mr Johnson isn't actually a pro and was basically an amateur trying to bluff his way through it.
Admittedly my reaction was somewhat over the top but I was SICK of his attitude.
>>
What are some good positive quality pickups for a ranged street sam?
>>
>>51873797
>>51873956
>>
>>51873975
Hawk Eye.
Bumping all range catagory penalties up by one is fantastic, and getting Improved Rangefider's in your guns on top of that is gold.
>>
>>51873955
Cyberlimbs allow more dildos to be installed because they will take up the limb's Capacity instead of eating Essence.
>>
>>51874079
Just remember it doesn't work if you have cybereyes.
>>
>>51874089
>cyberware installed into other cyberware doesn't cost essence
Well shit, now I need to redo some math.
>>
>>51873955
you can, but you can fit far more in using limb capacity, a cyber arm can hold 10 cyber dicks on capacity, whereas only 4 would fit in the equivalent essence cost.
>>
Okay. Question for you, /srg/.
Let's say I make a gunbunny who is crazy about boys. But she has very specific tastes- those tastes being she is an absolute sucker for true hero fight for justice types.

Will this trait ever come into play in shadowrun?
>>
>>51874204
depends on your GM
>>
>>51874204
Is she really crazy about boys if she actually only has one type she's crazy about?
That's no so much "crazy about" so much as it is "I have a very specific type I'm very attracted to."
>>
Hey /srg/, I'm currently looking for a run to put my players through. I usually write my own, but I have a shit-ton of work coming up and I don't think I'm going to have the time.
Could anyone recommend a nice module featuring a prototype steal against a AA / AAA corp? Playing 5th but anything that doesn't impact the metaplot too much and doesn't rely on out-dated tech works.
>>
>>51874204
Theoretically, somebody will notice, and probably try to take advantage of it somehow.

The how depends on who's doing the search. If you've made a bit too much pain for one corp, they might try an indoctrinated double-cross. A criminal syndicate might try to get one pain to direct some pain towards a competitor.

All kinds of ways it can come up and be interesting, and not just in those direct ways.

Find somebody with a soup kitchen, a mask, and plot hooks should come spilling out.
>>
>>51874259
She will still gossip like crazy about how various people should be with various boys, though.
>>
>>51874263
Please rise for the national anthem of /srg/
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
FOOD FIGHT
>>
Can someone clarify something for me?

How important are Physical Limits? Currently, I have a melee-built Street Samurai character, with four cybernetic limbs. My body is 5, Str 3 (7 for cyberlimbs) and Reactions 4, putting my physical limit at 6. Do the ratings of my cyberlimb count into the limit calculation?

I'm also using Spurs in both hands. Am I going to be useful at all with a build like this?
>>
Someone mentioned to watch smokin' aces to get an idea of a pink mohawk team some threads ago. They said you'd recognize it when you see it.

I did see it, and now I really want to find a group to play shadowrun with locally. Too bad nobody here likes playing PnP.
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>51874122
My god. My GM made an arithmetic error when he wrote up my character. All this time that I thought I was playing a 0.02 essence streetsam, I was actually playing a 0.12 essence streetsam.
>>
>>51874307
>How important are Physical Limits?
as long as your limit is above or equal to (your highest dicepool)/3 you should be fine

>Do the ratings of my cyberlimb count into the limit calculation?
no, but IIRC the kraut rules have one that says that when using 4 cyberlimbs you can use their stats to calculate the limits

>>51874307
>Am I going to be useful at all with a build like this?
depends on the rest of your character. When in doubt print it to PDF and post it here
>>
>>51874307
Your Physical Limit is the maximum number of successes you can get on a test linked to a physical skill, such as Sneaking, Gymnastics, Running, or Unarmed Combat. Therefore, attacks with your Spurs will have a Limit of 5 (your limit is 5 by the way, 3x2+4+5=15 15/3=5). That's not amazing, but it will work as long as you are not throwing more than 15 dice in Unarmed Combat.

Another thing that uses the Pysical Limit is Knockdown: when you take damage greater than your Physical Limit, you are knocked on your ass. Gel Rounds reduce your Limit by 2 for the purposes of Knockdowns. So if someone fires at you with Gel Rounds, and you take 4 boxes of stun damage, you're on the ground.
>>
>>51874307
Why on earth are you shelling out for 4 subpar cyberlimbs?
The ratings of your cyberlimbs come into effect for the limit if you are using your cyberlimb. Though I am pretty sure it's just implied with the typical rules and not corrected anywhere.
With a cyberlimb you can buy and enhance it. Its possible to have a Str 1 human with a str 10 cyberarm.
Though he can basically only squeeze.
And unless you have a cybertorso on top of this crap you can't lift as your back will give out... etc etc.
>>
>>51874277

That's not really being crazy about boys, anon. That's shipping.
>>
>>51874340
Wait, nevermind. I think he mislabelled standard Pathogenic Defense 1 as a quality for some reason.
>>
>>51874277
That's mostly gossipy and nosey rather then boy-crazy.
>>
>>51874425
>>51874438
hmmm.
Well, gossipy while also having a lady boner for kamen rider might be close enough?
>>
>>51874204
Best case scenario: she ends up retiring to marry a 100% clean Knight Errant officer. But it's more likely she'll end up having a number of star-crossed love affairs that never end well.
>>
File: Character.png (112KB, 761x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Character.png
112KB, 761x1475px
>>51874351

Here you go
>>
>>51874463
>a number of star-crossed love affairs that never end well
Haha, yeah. Amazing.
Especially since she is a morally grey at best shadowrunner.
>>
>>51874474
put a point away from willpower, in those two you want uneven numbers
you should put a point into etiquette so you don't default
why put a point in hardware?
Instead of using medicine or first aid you should invest in a good medkit
swimming is almost never used, where do you play?
Your AGI is abysmal, what are you trying to do?
>>
>>51874089
>>51874188
Okay, so when I buy cyberware that gets installed into other cyberware, it has the be the same grade as the cyberware it's getting installed into, correct?
>>
>>51874474

Wait, if you have agility 7 cyberarms, 6 in unarmed and a speciality in cyberweapon, doesn't that mean you're rolling 15 dice? The sheet says 11.
>>
>>51874557
ignore that last comment
>>
>>51874563
it's going off the natural stat (which is 3) so 3+6+2=11

>>51874561
yes
>>
>>51874561
Yes. Although if you're going for an arm of god type cyber-arm, consider sparing enough space to get either a pair of Sensors or a Sensor array at rating 5.

If you have the skill and luck to make a good Active Sensor attack, that's a good start to any attack.
>>
>>51874563

I used Chummer, so it may not have calculated that properly.

>>51874557

I used spare points to get skills I want my character to know for flavour. We're playing in northern Europe. I thought one point in Swimming is better than drowning if something weird happens.

Isn't Agility 7 enough? That's what I'm using for melee attacks with my cyberarms, right? Why is uneven Willpower better?
>>
>>51874636
>Isn't Agility 7 enough?
see >>51874583, I didn't see them

>Why is uneven Willpower better?
because your stun track is 8+WIL/2 rounded down. WIL 3 and WIL 4 both give you 10 boxes

also, someone correct me if wrong, but isn't your movement dependent on your leg agility? As a melee fighter your most important thing is going first and going fast

Also, you should invest in a gun skill and get yourself one
because it can always be that you need to kill someone further away
>>
>>51874474

>Art
>Fashion
>Literature
>Street Drugs

Just take me now, Street Samurai-sempai.
>>
>>51874727

I would love to, but cybernetics ate my soul =(
>>
File: 1419.jpg (193KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1419.jpg
193KB, 700x700px
>>51873797
Fuck me, its like a cock koosh ball
>>
>>51874682
Movement is based on your agility, not on your leg agility. Apply Skimmers and Satyr Legs to go sanic speed.
>>
>>51874857
asking, cause his legs are AGI 3 both, his total averaged AGI is 4.6, so 4.
And in case it was leg AGI he could just crank that up
>>
Can Trolls get Agility 5 Strength 10 cyberarms at character creation? I'm pretty sure this pushes the availability up to 13, so you couldn't get it without restricted gear, but that seems like a pretty big oversight to me.
>>
>>51875197
Yeah, Trolls don't play well with cyberlimbs. Its a pain
>>
>>51875197
IF you go used/omegaware quality it drops the availability by 4, making it possible and allowing you to fit in some other availability altering mods.
>>
>>51875197
I was able to get an AGI 8 STR 14 armor 3 cyberarm on a cyclops.
>cyclops max STR 11
>used cyberlimb
>customized to 11 str
>enhanced to 14 str
>customized to 5 agi
>enhanced to 8 agi
You will barely squeak out under 12 availability, but your arm will perform terrible acts of destruction.

I wonder if you could put modular connector(wrist) on it, then slap on an extreme cyberweapon when you need to destroy things with 19P.
>>
File: Armor bonuses.png (229KB, 450x964px) Image search: [Google]
Armor bonuses.png
229KB, 450x964px
>The maximum bonus a character receive from these items is limited to their Strength attribute.

>The total Armor bonus needs to be compared to his Strength. Wombat is now at a +8 Armor bonus with a Strength of 5, so he suffers a –1 penalty to his Agility and Reaction while using both armor accessories.

So which is it? Does Wombat have only 5 armor bonus and is needlessly equipping shit he doesn't need? Or did the book mean to say he gets the full bonus but suffers on Agi/Rea?
>>
>>51875877
You get the bonus, but every 2 full points over your Str gives you a -1 Agi/Rea.

Basically, your value from shit like Armor Jackets? Doesn't matter. Helmets/Shields/SecureTech PPP? Don't let it go higher than Str+1.
>>
File: xia-taptara-catwoman-ronin-pat.jpg (155KB, 900x1044px) Image search: [Google]
xia-taptara-catwoman-ronin-pat.jpg
155KB, 900x1044px
>>51875877

Gets the full bonus, but suffers on AGI/REA.

If your AGI or REA is 0, I'm pretty sure you can't move.
>>
>>51875877
>>51875924
And given the penalty incurred, it can be said that the amounts over aren't bonuses any more.

They cost too much to be a bonus.
>>
>>51875924
>>51875943
>>51875947

That's what I figured, but that one line from above made it seem like your Strength was a limit on Armor bonus period.
>>
>>51875955
Shadowrun 5e is full of self-contradictions like this. The scaling penalty one makes more sense.
>>
>>51875977
Hell, this whole book is so poorly formatted. I'm almost 200 pages in, and I STILL feel like I don't know how to play the game. I feel like I can barely make a character.
>>
>>51876091
>I STILL feel like I don't know how to play the game
It takes, at minimum, months to get to that point. Assuming you have something resembling a life and responsibilities and you can't spend 6+ hours a day studying a fucking game manual.

Not gonna lie, I completely understand if you decide to drop SR5 in favor of a different cyberpunk game. This rules system is an abomination. The only reason I'm playing it is because my GM insisted on using it out of unwillingness to try anything else. I wouldn't touch it with an eleven-foot pole otherwise.

Unless your group is making you learn it, I recommend doing yourself a favor and just walking away. It becomes a time-sink that can easily consume your entire leisure time at the expense of other, better things. Just play a different cyberpunk game that is actually playable. I hear good things about Cyberpunk 2020. I know the OSR people mention lovingly-crafted cyberpunk systems too.
>>
>>51876240
But I LIKE Shadowrun's system. I just hate how hard it is to parse.
>>
>>51876385
Try the superbook, the cheat sheets, and the specialty sheets.

They really help.
>>
>>51873015
Well, one time I was playing a Troll Archer, and we needed to kill some guy who'd holed up in some craphole motel with cheap walls.

We had our infiltrator check where the guy was, make an ARO of it on my HUD, and figured out what the strength of the walls were. My troll steps out of the van, strings a bow as tall as him in broad daylight, aims at the building, and proceeds to put a pair of arrows clean through the entire thing, killing the man we'd been after and probably almost pulling him through the hole on the other side.

Our infiltrator, being a complete and utter moron, decided that he wasn't going to move at all while this was being planned out. The arrow actually went straight through the entire building, the target, and then proceeded to nail nearly nail our infiltrator to the wall of the alley.
>>
what are the 'don't take this shit unless you want to ruin the game/your character' negative qualities?
>>
File: 1457191477860.jpg (182KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457191477860.jpg
182KB, 800x600px
>>51876621
Pacifist
Uncouth
Gremlins
Cyberpsychosis

Honorable mentions include Berserker, In Debt, and some Codes of Honor.
>>
>>51876621
LEEEEEEROY JENKINS
Fucking meme quality

>>51876872
Uncouth just means that you're Bull. You really want to fuck something up? Take the Blacksmith mentor spirit, Vindictive, and Uncouth, and throw in Did You Just Call Me Dumb for good measure.

Pacifist is fine, Cyberpsychosis is standard, In Debt is questionableish but acceptable assuming your player isn't a fuckbag.
>>
>>51873570
I love playing the face. I'll join your group
>>
>>51876872
1st tier pacifist and 1st tier gremlins ain't too bad. You're just playing Jacky Chan for one, or Old Joseph for the other.
>>
When using shotgun choke, how do the negatives from range modifiers fit in? Do you basically just ignore them and use the choke rules because you are just shooting a cone instead of aiming precisely?
>>
>>51876621
Allergy(Extreme,Wifi). Get anaphylactic shock anytime you're living in the 21st century. Have fun doing literally anything unless you are wrapped head-to-toe in Universal Mirror Material.
>>
I just ran a game with the players taking on a group of 25 enemies in total, because they had to go loud very early, with them facing about 8 at any given moment
Christ that was draining.
Everyone had fun, but I'm beat.
>>
>>51876994
You add range modifiers I would imagine.
>>
File: tumblr_oapr5cgu1Q1s66jgco1_1280.jpg (307KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oapr5cgu1Q1s66jgco1_1280.jpg
307KB, 1280x1280px
>>51873015
Anon a couple threads ago kicked down a helicopter and then spent a ton of edge to just barely not die.

Why do I feel like this shit is always the streetsams.
>>
>>51877488
Nobody else has the stupid dicepools to be retarded.
>>
File: 1482210840542.png (623KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
1482210840542.png
623KB, 1000x994px
>>51877542
>Because sammies (adept or otherwise)
We went over this 2 threads ago.
>>
>>51877488
Because the heavies are the ones most likely to have high attributes to do high flying, and save edge for this kind of stuff.
>>
>>51877342
How many did they end up killing before the enemy force fell back?
>>
Directional Jammer set into a Custom Ballistic Mask, so that you automatically disable the communications of people you're sneaking up on?
>>
>>51877564
Yeah but do they have a code?
>>
File: h2QDBzO.jpg (78KB, 674x691px) Image search: [Google]
h2QDBzO.jpg
78KB, 674x691px
>>51877564
>>51877737
I will Black IC every motherfucker here if we have to sit through this argument again.
>>
>>51877737
Did Molly Millions, OG streetsam, have a code?
>>
>>51877862
Your mother has a code tattooed over her ass, redeemable at walmart.
>>
>>51878143
Did she or did not, you snotnosed motherfucker?
>>
File: 1405867179673.png (949KB, 552x1496px) Image search: [Google]
1405867179673.png
949KB, 552x1496px
question: Does the gradual release chemical gland effectively make you high all the time? Do you still suffer downer penalties from the drug?

What about things like blue blood, where if you have too much you take damage?
>>
>>51878191
I think it was, "buy one, get one free."
>>
>>51878266
You know I think I saw your mother in a box recently. It said "free to a good home".
>>
>>51878291
That's a good one; I'll have to remember it, so I don't have to take the time to call your mother dumb, a bitch, and a whore when I pass your dumpster.

On topic, sixth world insults?
>>
File: srg makes the best builds.png (42KB, 833x598px) Image search: [Google]
srg makes the best builds.png
42KB, 833x598px
>>51873797
>>51873862
>>
File: 1415949755244.png (43KB, 296x369px) Image search: [Google]
1415949755244.png
43KB, 296x369px
Is there a reason Voidblack Armor Coating (CA 138) is 14F aside from writers not wanting it to become standard on every character? For fuck's sake its the same rating as the Yamaha Raiden, a military assault rifle that comes with a smartgun system, sound suppressor, and has a 60-round magazine that can be fired off in Full Auto. But no, my ultra-goth fabric is just as illegal as the HTR team's weapon of choice.
>>
>>51878640
Wonder how many dongs you could fit with prototype transhuman.
>>
>>51878862
Reproductive replacement (male) 0.1 essence, Prototype Transhuman, 1 free essence, so 10.
>>
>>51878640
>>51878895
It's missing one thing. Once you fill up on four limbs + torso + skull, you are a full body of 'cyberlimbs', and this prevents you from just throwing in more essence costing external genitalia.

>Cyberlimbs cannot hold any bioware, nor any cyber-implants that take up Essence rather than Capacity.
>>
>>51878796
There's no logic at all to the pricing or Availability system in SR5.
It's just one of the many, many stupid things about it out group houserules.
>>
>>51873015
I need help. I cant think of a title for the Roll20 Shadowrun campaign I'm Dming soon. I've, been stuck on Shadowrun: [Blank]

The plot is supposed to be revolve around a powerful AI that a lot of different groups are racing one another to capture for themselves. I thought about something like "Neo-Apex" like the AI is the new apex of intelligence, but it sounds too edgy. I've been trying to follow traditional subtitle rules of mashing two cool sounding words together, but it just turns out poorly.
>>
>>51879714
Shadowrun: Renaissance of the Mind
>>
>>51879714
Shadowrun 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>51879714
Shadowrun: Digital Demon
>>
>>51879280
Oh, I was reading that as an alternative, not an addition. Carry on.
>>
What's a sensor array and what book is it in?

I can't find it for some reason.
>>
>>51880488
>What's a sensor array?
It's a 'box' with a rating that can contain up to 8 individual sensors (each with the box' rating).

>What book is it in?
Core pg. 445
>>
>>51878796
A good rule of thumb is when you run across something that makes you question what the writers are smoking this week, roll a d6, pretend the result is a percentage and reduce cost/availability by both. And downgrade anything that doesn't specifically have "SPECIAL MILITARY GEAR" all over it, because there's piles of stuff that is way more dangerous and comes out as R.
>>
>>51878862
>Not building the SR4 toxic cyber cock-cannon samurai.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>51873015
>Did you ever do something SO BALLSY that everyone else just stood there in shock?
>Something where everyone though "No one's that dumb" and you proved them wrong?

My Face\Gunslinger once brought his cuban surfer ork gf to a billionaire poker game alongside a humanis politician. I then proceeded to make sure he had the worst time at the table, took enough of his money to ruin his night, pointed out my suit was more expensive then his, and that I had once dated a troll. It didn't help that I was smooth as fuck, despite being up-to-the-eyeballs on drugs, and my ork gf actually was the best looking in the room (her dress and jewelry was more then my suit)

He later had two of his bodyguards corner me in the bathroom, and beat me with brass knuckles until my stun and physical boxes were full - then dumped outside on the curb, all with a polite notice to never ever return.
>>
>>51880874
>be corpsec security
>slow night
>giant koosh cockball rolls through the front doors
>you try to flip over a table to use as cover when it starts ejaculating silenced gunfire, but a half dozen cocks pin you down with freeze foam
>can't reach your commlink to call for backup
>as it approaches, you realise ball-of-cocks man has likely been driven insane by that much over-stimulation, and has dark needs ...
>>
>>51880963
Sort of. I forget who built it, but it basically used a shitload of chemical glands, DMSO and cyber-penis implants to create a toxic spewer. Someone made a permanently pregnant bomber with chemical glands that munged up TNT to go with it.
>>
File: 1286179855474.jpg (70KB, 599x521px) Image search: [Google]
1286179855474.jpg
70KB, 599x521px
>>51881015
>permanently pregnant bomber with chemical glands that munged up TNT to go with it.

This shit, right here, is why you have Omega Dawn
>>
Chummers! Implanted cyberdeck and cyberdeck modules. Only one? Allow multiple and swapping? Allow multiple, but need to plug in via datajack?
>>
>>51881157
Allow everything that can be done to a non-implanted one. But every touch-up requires both a Harware and a Medicine roll; because modding things straight into someone's head tend to complicate things a bit.
>>
>>51873015

We once had to extract a target from a high-society gathering. Problem: target is heavily guarded. Twist: someone wants to kill them.

So when the first gunshots are fired, me, our brawler/firearms guy runs around the corner, straight at the guys guarding the door to the target's room. They pull their guns, at which point I say; "What the fuck are you doing?! You, get to the main ballroom, you make sure the fire exit on third floor is covered. I'll check up on the VIP. What are you looking at?! Move, you dumb fucks or I'll put a bullet through your skulls myself!"

It worked.
>>
What are your favorite house rules, chummers?
>>
>>51882019
Mechanics to allow the fluff surrounding cyberware bundles. A fairly simple Cybertechnology skill check removes the always-screaming RFID tags giving away your location. You can either do it yourself if you have the tools, or pay a street doc/mechanic.
>>
>>51882019
Essence lost to technological augmentation (cyber, nano, bio, geneware) naturally regenerates back up to your metatype maximum without the need to remove implants. The rate is 0.1 Essence per year, since the body takes time to adjust to it's new metaphysical pattern.

Only useful for campaigns spread out over decades, or chargen if you take the Age negative quality.
>>
>>51882311
You should also have to take older versions of cyberware. So either more essence taken up or worse quality.
>>
>>51882316
Indeed. Most ware is either used or omegaware, with attention made to when it was first released.

Allowed me to have a geriatric mage with Distinctive Style (Classic Cyberware), without completely hosing his MAG attribute. Everyone laughed at the Full Metal Arcanist until he punched them out with an obsolete cyberarm. Good times.
>>
>>51882019
Oh my there's a lot of them in the campaign I'm in currently, my fav might be:

"The Fear power is resisted on a per-turn basis, where the net hits of the caster determine the threshold the victim must beat to successfully end the power. A subject affected by Fear may still attempt to defend from incoming attacks, but cannot make any outgoing attacks and must run away from the caster in as much of a straight line as possible."
>>
Are there rules anywhere for designing spells or making spell formulae for ones you already know? Arcana even offers the option to specialise in Spell Design, but I can't find rules for it anywhere.
>>
>>51882868
seems there isn't one in 5e
tough luck, chummer
>>
>>51882930
>gives the ability to specialise in a use of a skill
>doesn't make that use of the skill exist
What the fuck CGL?
>>
>>51882987
What did you expect of CGL aka "Critter-mon 2076", "Drakes in Priority? Fuck you" and "Editing? What's that?"
>>
>>51883015
Only started playing in the last month or two. I haven't yet learned to hate them properly.
>>
>>51883035
>I haven't yet learned to hate them properly.
search for "CGL embezzlement Coleman"
It'll help you hate them

Also, did you buy the books or take them from the OP pastebin?
>>
File: snowy with a chance of pol.gif (15KB, 600x187px) Image search: [Google]
snowy with a chance of pol.gif
15KB, 600x187px
>direct descendant of Adolf Hitler
>open Neonazi
>black mage
How do I build this character, and how do I play this character in a manner that I can get away with while still being very silly?
>>
>>51883048
Pastebin. Not invested in the game enough yet to want to drop money on it.
>>
>>51883071
the character should be
>capable for the party, so that they want his skill
and
>humorously over the top with his antics
>>
>>51883089
thank god
With CGL you can assume that almost none of the money actually reaches the freelancers
>>
>>51883091
That's part of the problem though, I only know the following about building a capable mage:
>Magic 6
>Willpower and Drain Stat need to be high
>magic skills should be high
>>
>>51883123
that's mostly what you need for one
further customization depends on whether you want to focus on slinging spells, summoning spirits or both

Also, of course, whether or not this is viable depends on the rest of the party and how you take neonazi priorities
We talked about this a few threads back: Is that character racist based on race, metatype or both?
And based on this it then depends on the rest of the group. Your character will be different depending on whether the rest of the group consists of no people, some people or only people you are racist against
>>
>>51883175
>We talked about this a few threads back: Is that character racist based on race, metatype or both?
That's another thing that's got me stumped: Do I be a modern Neonazi, and embrace the bigotries of the year 2076? Or do I be a classic Neonazi, who discriminates against the degenerates of Adolf's day on the sly now that no one is paying attention to them?
>>
>>51883223
that's what we talked about
depending on their views they might e.g. only care about race, but not metatype. In that case they only care whether you are white or not. They would be in conflict with groups like humanis, cause they can't imagine working with niggers and potentially hurting white people.

Based on that it depends. A neonazi might not have a problem with a group that consists of a white troll, a white dwarf and a white ork. But he might with a group of black, asian or latino humans.
So it mostly depends on the group and your interpretation of nazism in the sixth world
>>
>>51883266
Hell, a particularly occult Nazi might prefer elves to humans for whatever reason.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170212-182212~2.png (183KB, 1080x1112px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170212-182212~2.png
183KB, 1080x1112px
>>51883071
Had some discussion about this last week, maybe challenge Anon is still around.
>>
>>51883320
where's that from?
>>
>>51883266
That's the problem though; I went into that conversation fairly undecided and left it the same way. I feel as though I need to discuss the matter with actual Neonazis before I can make up my mind on the matter.
>>
File: lazor.gif (828KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
lazor.gif
828KB, 500x207px
What's your favourite 'ware, anon?

Mine has to be the welding laser hand/eyes. You can get into anything as long as you have power and you can SHOOT FUCKING LASERS FROM YOUR EYES
>>
>>51877675
Quite a few, about 18, but they were assaulting the home turf of these guys and they had decent professional rating, so instead of simply turning tail and running they fell back and barracaded themselves on the second floor of the building to wait for reinforcements.
Instead of getting out of there ASAP however the PCs engaged the dug in mooks with liberal grenade use so they got taken out before reinforcements arrived.
>>
>>51879280
Technically his eyes are still flesh and blood.
>45 biodongs per eye
>>
File: gfT2MA2.png (45KB, 633x410px) Image search: [Google]
gfT2MA2.png
45KB, 633x410px
Good news everyone...

I fucking hate CGL.
>>
File: 1463768929740.gif (924KB, 376x272px) Image search: [Google]
1463768929740.gif
924KB, 376x272px
>>51883846
>>
>>51883846
>They're all dying of dumpshock?
Gee, I didn't know Clockwork had a Twitter account.
>>
File: 1486426232723.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486426232723.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>51883346
>>51696748
>>
>>51883846
No TM book?
>>
>>51883846
Man this company sucks.
>>
>>51883376
>I feel as though I need to discuss the matter with actual Neonazis before I can make up my mind on the matter.
I usually don't say this, if I can. And doing so leaves a bad taste, but
maybe ask pol?
>>
File: mein kampfy couch.jpg (288KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
mein kampfy couch.jpg
288KB, 1024x690px
>>51884339
I suspect that all there is to find on /pol/ is 13 year olds pretending to be racist for shock value and shit-tier jackbooted skinheads. I need to speak with a Neonazi who could actually have an intellectual conversation about Mein Kampf.
>>
>>51883320
Here is the Anon who had the original idea, to be honest i'm kinda flustered about the fact that this is still around.
>>
Which of the trog metas is good for bring a rigger?

And how do i into making an edgelord gunslinger?
>>
File: 20_FUCKING_ROUNDS.png (351KB, 703x330px) Image search: [Google]
20_FUCKING_ROUNDS.png
351KB, 703x330px
So i'm running a 5e campaign and i'm finding some of the gear options to be a bit lacking. Has anyone ever bothered to mass convert gear from 4e to 5e, or did I just figure out what i'm wasting my time on this weekend?
>>
>>51873498
I like the story, I love the gif.
>>
>>51881157
Same rules as with the normal Deck.
You'll simply have a little access hatch in your skull where you can slot in the module.
>>
File: Use Your Head.gif (3MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
Use Your Head.gif
3MB, 360x202px
>>51874292
>anon wants a module about stealing a prototype from a megacorp
>you say Food Fight

Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
File: YUc76SS - Imgur.png (98KB, 565x705px) Image search: [Google]
YUc76SS - Imgur.png
98KB, 565x705px
>>51884242
>>51883968
>>51883881
>>51883846
Apparently it was a misunderstanding.
>>
>>51884613
What the actual fuck ?
>>
>>51884486
For guns there isn't much of a point, because most of them are pretty similar. For vehicles? Well let's just say that there are some god damned battle tanks in WAR! and the fact that I don't know how to convert them into 5e vehicles makes me sad.
>>
>>51880866
>roll d6
>pretend it's a percentage
>not d10

reeeee
>>
>>51884634
From my experience (I had a GM who's a freelancer.) internal communication is so fucking bad that sometimes one editor will say something like "We're not doing that" just to be immediately overturned by another or changing is mind.

Unsurprising really.
>>
File: Grappling Hook.png (69KB, 1090x788px) Image search: [Google]
Grappling Hook.png
69KB, 1090x788px
>>51883445
Grapple hands. I am incredibly disappointed that the Capacity rules don't allow grapple hands and the magnetic system in the same arm without sacrificing Customization.
>>
>>51884613
>tranny is to dense to get a joke and instantly derps around on twatter instead of using its brain.

ffs, do you really have to copy every bad stereotype?
>>
File: 1373020122004.jpg (246KB, 1024x621px) Image search: [Google]
1373020122004.jpg
246KB, 1024x621px
>>51884738
Why would you even want to put both into the same arm?

Being able to hang somewhere with your magnetic system while you line up your next shot from the grapple fist is a lot better.

But yeah, grapple fists are fucking amazing.
Our team had to infiltrate a Yakuza compound last session, to steal some fucking expensive Kois. One of the rules was "no dead people", so we had to be a bit more sneaky.
Worked really well until we had to take out two guards to get the keycards from them because none in the group bothered to take a fucking crowbar with them.
So, guard 1 got knocked-out pretty well, but the other one was still standing and i botched it up to hit him with narcojet.
No shock gloves, no stun batons and my Crusader wasn't silenced.

>internal panic intensifies
>goes over charsheet
>X doesn't work
>y doesn't work
>i SUCK at unarmed combat
>fuckfuckfuck
>waitasecondthiscouldwork
>grapple fist does 7 Stun -2 AP as a ranged attack
>okayletstryit
>spend Edge preemptively to break limit and get a bigger pool)
>roll like 7 successes
>guard doesn't even notice me yet because I'm wearing a chameleon suit
>he gets punched out by the invisible flying fistof the north star aka tinman

Everything went better than expected, we didn't even have to put a gun to the head of the daughters of this very influential yakuza mob boss
>>
>>51884745
>Joke
>Bad company communication.

It's very easy to panic when you receive a mail from your boss saying "We're putting the project on ice" or "no funding" or someshit.
Trust me, even professional managers fuck up shit like that all the time. Like when they "fire" an entire department by using the wrong word.
>>
File: Grapple Hand.jpg (396KB, 795x600px) Image search: [Google]
Grapple Hand.jpg
396KB, 795x600px
>>51884857
Because I love the image of casually leaning against a van and then it drives away, unspooling the cable from your arm. Then it goes taut, your cyberskates come out, and you glide away with style.

But yeah, there's a lot of fun with long-distance punches. Very glad the GM allowed me to buy extra compressed gas canisters and reload the arm, because that waiting period is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>51884957
>Cyberskates

A TRULY PATRICIAN TASTE YOU HAVE GOOD SIR.

>Very glad the GM allowed me to buy extra compressed gas canisters and reload the arm

I just want smoke dispensers like the drones have :/
Oh well, Radar Sensors and maybe a laser microphone will have to do.
Its really sad that the Spidermangland is only bioware, I'd put that into one of my arms in an instant.
>>
>>51885021
>Its really sad that the Spidermangland is only bioware, I'd put that into one of my arms in an instant.
They specifically say you can't swing from it though.
>>
File: Leclerc Smoke.webm (767KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Leclerc Smoke.webm
767KB, 640x480px
>>51885021
>I just want smoke dispensers like the drones have :/

Steamers are a mere 1 capacity.
>>
>>51885083
Yeah, but i doubt the GM would let them act as smoke grenades.
Maybe i should really go for a grenade launcher in one of my legs :/

>>51885051
rappeling and shooting people with it is fine though.
>>
Do Hawkeye, Improved range modifier, and image magnification all stack?
>>
>>51885326
The first two stack with each other, but neither stack with the third.
>>
>>51885370
Wrong. Improved Sense: Image Magnification makes them stack.
>>
>>51885523
Would you care to point me to the book where you found that, because I'm very interested in the prospect of playing a longarms adept who can shoot people from half a kilometer away and still be taking no range penalties.
>>
>>51885618
It's in core, man. Adept Powers.
>>
>>51885643
>>51885618
Also, take Perfect Time. It means you have two free actions per pass, which means you can free action activate image mag, and then take a called shot.
>>
>>51885643
Yeah, I'm looking at it right now and there's nothing about letting image magnification stack with other stuff. It lets you get image magnification as an adept power, but it doesn't change what it can stack with.
>>
>>51884486
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17241.0
>>
>>51885698
ATTACKER USING
IMAGE MAGNIFICATION
Making faraway targets look closer (and bigger) makes
it easier to use the old “aim small, miss small” man-
tra your sniper school instructor whispered in your ear.
Image Magnification reduces Range modifiers when
used properly. In order to use an image magnification
system the attacker needs to use the Take Aim action
to gain the benefit of the system. This includes both
accessories, such as scopes, as well as cybereye en-
hancements.

Improved range finder (accessory): Laser range
finders are standard equipment on smartlinks, but if
you have the scratch you can make its range calculation
functions even better. It combines three technologies—
microwave, laser, and radar—to give you an extreme-
ly accurate calculation of range. The effect of this is to
reduce range modifiers by 1. This only can be used in
weapons that have a smartlink; it can be positioned in
any slot besides the one that has the smartlink. This bo-
nus cannot be combined with any bonuses from image
magnification on the weapon.
>ON THE WEAPON
Nigger it's YOUR EYES, not the weapon.
>>
>>51885772
>>51885370
Shouldn't Hawkeye not work with smartlink, and therefore not work with improved range finder?
>>
>>51885772
Yeah, but the last I asked whether or not I would be a powergaming faggot who openly flouted RAI if I argued that image magnification in a pair of cybereyes stacked with Improved Rangefinder, the answer was a resounding yes.
>>
File: nice.gif (1019KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
1019KB, 450x360px
>>51885718
Fantastic.
>>
>>51885867
>Sniper
>Powergaming
Sniping is objectively the worst way to contribute in this game.
>>
>>51885864
Smartlink works so long as it's in a pair of glasses or implanted directly into your meat eyes, it's when you have cybereyes that the quality doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>51885894
That's not going to stop anyone from putting the same combo onto a gun that contributes effectively.
>>
>>51885992
Sure, but context matters. Some guy doing that with a sniper isn't anywhere near as retarded as some cunt trying to pull it with a Raiden.
>>
>>51886054
You have to be consistent with your rulings. You can't say it works when you're using a sniper rifle and then turn around and say it doesn't work when you're using an assault rifle or shotgun.
>>
>>51886093
You can though? If it's a problem in one situation, but not a problem in another, then you follow what means the most fun and least problems for people.
>>
>>51886121
Do you want to look like you're playing favorites or are just a wishy-washy GM? Because that's the impression you can give players if you're not consistent.
>>
>>51886154
If your players aren't capable of understanding "Doing [Thing] in this context? Problem. Doing it in a different context? No problem." then your players are bad.
>>
>>51886177
And if a GM isn't capable of understanding that context-based rulings might be perceived as favoritism or the GM not knowing what he's doing, then he's a bad GM.
>>
File: 2.gif (992KB, 499x375px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
992KB, 499x375px
>Wear simrig and record sensory/emotive data during runs against gangs
>Have a professional with loose morals edit the raw data until it's ready for simchips/BTLs in exchange for a cut of the profit
>Sell simsense recordings of the streetsam blasting away gangers to corporate desk-jockeys looking to live vicariously for a few minutes
Is this a viable way to make a little bit of cash on the side?
>>
>>51886227
Maybe your players should stop being entitled faggots?
>>
>>51886227
Not the other guy, but do you and your players secretly despise each other and fervently look for reasons to justify this hatred? Because otherwise I can't really see how people would get as mad as you posit over a gear/trait combo.
>>
>>51886276
>>51886301
I'm not even a GM, I just see no reason that rules should apply differently to one gun than to any other gun.
>>
>>51883089
Clever girl.
>>
>>51886265
Make sure there's nothing in those recordings that identifies you, your employer or your runner team, and you're making easy money.
>>
File: 1422832187271.gif (3MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1422832187271.gif
3MB, 256x192px
>>51886349
Doesn't sound too hard, any slip-ups could be edited out in post.

Time to make some movies.
>>
>>51886325
Alright, lets make this clear.

By combining [Thing1] with [Thing2], while having [Quality], a sniper rifle will become better at it's niche, but still doesn't do anywhere near as well as other guns.

By combining [Thing1] with [Thing2], while having [Quality], an assault rifle will become even better at every application, including performing all of the snipers roles, potentially to the point where it unbalances the game.

Personally? I don't think it matters at all. It's not really a huge deal in the first place, because seriously, how many actual engagements ever happen in Shadowrun at anything past even 100 meters? To have this be relevant at all, you'd need to be combining all three things while doing something like a normal pistol. Because if you're doing it with anything like a rifle, regardless of kind? Then it's entirely irrelevant until you're in the hundreds of meters, which is a range that just doesn't occur in Shadowrun, given that it's a game basically about urban room-to-room fighting and intrigue type things, not an open-field shooter.
>>
>>51886433
>hundreds of meters, which is a range that just doesn't occur in Shadowrun, given that it's a game basically about urban room-to-room fighting and intrigue type things, not an open-field shooter.
>he's never had to attack a Burmese military airfield that has fallen into the hands of a drug cartel in the dead of night
>>
>>51886491
And in that one particular circumstance that might come up a total of 2-3 times in an entire campaign, with the total effect being canceling up to -6 worth of penalties IF you're at maximum range, sure, it'd be relevant.

Barely, and in a way that hardly matters at all.
>>
Where are you guys working that you're taking more than one or two range penalties?
>>
>>51886567
>might come up a total of 2-3 times in an entire campaign
I don't think you understand what sort of man my GM is.
>>
>>51886491
Not the most common game of SR, you must admit. And that's usually more of a mercenary outfit type job then a runner team job anyway, unless it wasn't that well-guarded and your team is highly military in nature.
>>
>a setting where every gun supposedly uses caseless rounds
>none of the assault rifles except one holds 60 rounds
>even the kalashnikov model

So, these "caseless" rounds; do they have things that look like big brass casings on them?
>>
>>51887868
Well, not all shadowrun guns use caseless. You'll still find a mix of cased and caseless chambered weapons. As for the size problem, we can only assume that caseless rounds in the shadowrun setting were made about the same size as a cased round, probably as part of the development process to actually make them, y'know, good.
>>
>>51887793
>Not the most common game of SR, you must admit.
Given that we were rescuing a wageslave that had been on a hijacker airplane, I'm inclined to disagree.
>unless it wasn't that well-guarded
8 men and a mage in the barracks, 4 men patrolling the grounds on foot, 1 sniper in the tower, 3 men guarding the hostages in Hangar #3, 1 nasty troll chopping people up for the organlegging market in Hangar #4, 3 jeeps with 3 men each (driver, passenger and a gunner for the mounted AK-97 with APDS) patrolling the perimeter, 1 earth spirit and 1 plant spirit. Is that well-guarded?
>and your team is highly military in nature.
Well, you might have gotten me there.
>>
>>51887868
If you don't have to worry about concealing your guns, check out the extended magazines in Hard Targets.
>>
Can the ultrasound sensor headware be installed into your cyberears?
>>
>>51873015
So me and my group want to tru Shadowrun.
Which edition should we use? The last one?
>>
In 5e what are the most dysfunctional negative qualities?
Qualities that make a character difficult to play without fucking ove the character or the team in certain situations, like a rigger with uncouth at a fancy ball as part of the run.
>>
>>51885864
Depends on what you believe "electronic vision enhancements and/or cyber- or bioware augmentations or replacements" to mean.

>>51885918
I'm inclined to think it includes any upgrade for an imaging device, listed under the fucking heading of 'vision enhancements'.

>pair of glasses
The glasses are fine.
>implanted directly into your meat eyes
Sounds like cyber or bioware augmentations ...
>>
>>51888155
Either 4E or 5E. 5E is a bit less of a mess than 4E but they're both pretty bad, and 5E is especially lazy about explaining shit from 4E that players are just assumed to know. Be prepared for looking up a lot of shit and dealing with some self-contrary rulebooks.
>>
>>51888190
>They're both pretty bad
welp
Why not 3e or earlier then?
>>
>>51888039
>Given that we were rescuing a wageslave that had been on a hijacker airplane, I'm inclined to disagree.
You know exactly what I meant and don't pretend you don't. You're an adult and above that silliness.
>that well-guarded?
Pretty well-guarded, but no more then your average secured corp facility.
An actual airfield would take a LOT longer to secure and thus need a lot more men just to lock the area down...or wait, was this one of those small airfields that's mostly just dirt and a tower?
>Well, you might have gotten me there.
Yeah, I figured as much.
Must runner teams have one guy or two with military training but they don't operate like an actual military, more like a heist crew where their criminal background is more emphasized then their military one.
>>
>>51888242
3e and earlier is entering dinosaur territory. Wireless isn't really a thing and it's generally pretty outdated and clunky. 4e/5e is great once you slog through the endless sea of bullshit, but 3e and earlier is just so damn aged at this point.
>>
>>51888242
Because it's rules are messy and it's hacking rules are every worse.
There has never even been one edition of SR that my group hasn't had to houserule the fuck out of to play.
>>
>>51888159
Addiction (Severe): Rape
TLE-x
Superhuman Psychosis
Cyberpsychosis
>>
>>51888344
>Superhuman Psychosis/Cyberpsychosis
>Problematic
Que?
>>
File: LaughingObama.jpg (131KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingObama.jpg
131KB, 1024x732px
>>51888344
>Addiction (Severe): Rape
>>
>>51888383
You meant MECHANICALLY then?
Because usually a character who grossly overreacts with violence in any social situation or who actively devalues the life of everyone else and is incapable of understanding why it's wrong to just murder whenever you have a whim is hugely problematic in most games.

Unless your GM plays it like a fucking FPS I suppose, in which case god speed him on his way to hell.
>>
>>51888344
>Addiction (Severe): Rape
... giving or receiving?
Can be taken twice?
>>
>>51888344
The best combo for making a nuisance of yourself has always been uncouth, antipathy, cyberpsychosis and 'did you just call me dumb'
You get no social skill dice and if you glitch on a social test at all you snap and kill people.
>>
>>51888442
Porque no los dos?
>>
>>51888430
You do realize that not having a problem with killing isn't the same as just murdering everyone for the shit of it, right?

Someone with Superhuman Psychosis is, like, shit. If you've read The Expanse, it's Amos. They don't really care if someone dies, but they're aware that generally speaking, it's advantageous to hit people with a taser or just knock them out.
>>
>>51888442
Either? Both?
It'd be pretty problematic either way.
>>51888450
So you're one of the players or have a GM or group where Disadvantages don't exist unless they force you to do something mechanically then?
That's too bad.
>>
>>51888509
No, i usually don't let players take qualities that aren't going to be an issue at least semi-regularly. that's just the worst negative quality combo that came to mind.
>>
>>51888260
>You know exactly what I meant and don't pretend you don't. You're an adult and above that silliness.
Can you really say that there is such a thing as an "ordinary" run, though? Unless your GM is uncreative as fuck (and even then he can just run the official modules) then you're going to encounter a variety of scenarios and do some very odd jobs before your shadowrunning career is over.

>or wait, was this one of those small airfields that's mostly just dirt and a tower?
The runway was paved, but yeah, this was a 4-hangar airfield we're talking about here and I don't think each hangar could fit more than 1 or maybe two planes.

>Must runner teams have one guy or two with military training but they don't operate like an actual military, more like a heist crew where their criminal background is more emphasized then their military one.
Ah, but 3 of us did operate like a military that night, as much as a Bogota veteran and an ex-Knight Errant officer can while relying on a dirty fucking hippy mysad for magical support.
>>
>>51888509
>complaining about crunch taking huge precedence over fluff by necessity
>in shadowrun
>>
>>51888477
That's true, but from a roleplaying aspect that kind of person would be pretty unstable, especially given the part where they feel driven to throw themselves into severe combat situations just to see if they win.

And I have read the Expanse and Amos most notably does NOT fit Superhuman Psychosis psychologically speaking. Amos has a pretty apparent Axis-I personality disorder; it's not as severe as someone with a higher-end personality disorder, and he can't distinguish right from wrong and has difficulty feeling empathy, but he also is capable of recognizing it and adjusting for it without the need for medication or medical treatment, in addition to genuinely finding certain things (usually involving kids) offensive.
Superhuman Psychosis would be an Axis-II Personality Disorder, in that not only is he incapable of empathizimg he actively sees no reason to do so and doesn't care about doing it either, and other people are "less" then people to him or her without needing any justification or reason for it beyond they aren't the person with the disorder.
>>
>>51888533
>Can you really say that there is such a thing as an "ordinary" run, though?
Actually you can given most examples in the actual game books are more like urban crimes of various sort.
Mind you you are totally correct in that Shadowruns have a ridiculous variety of things they can involve, it's just most basic runs are commissioned urban crimes or some sort, that's all,
>>
Is dual wielding viable?
>>
>>51888945
Anon, it's not even functional, let alone viable.
>>
>>51888945
only if you pull your dice pool up to the high double digit, since you split your dice pool
It's mostly only useful when surprising mooks since you can hit two people at once and because they don't get a defense test you don't have to worry about them dodging

but like >>51888969 said it's usually shite and only useful for certain builds in certain situations
>>
>>51889005
No, anon.

You cannot shoot the same man twice.

You cannot dual-wield with melee.

You cannot dual-wield weapons above SA firing mode.

You split your dicepool to shoot multiple people, except you could already do that with the Multiple Attacks action.

It's literally a non-functional mechanic that does exactly and precisely nothing.
>>
Hey, all

I just got the Shadowrun 5e core rulebook. Amazon had to send me three copies and they were all fucked up. Anyone else have the same problem? Spine isn't attached properly and the pages come out the bottom.
>>
>>51889059
>Buying the books
FUCK OMAE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
don't give CGL money, just get the PDFs from the pastebin
>>
>>51889081
What? Why? I thought the RPG sounded like fun so I picked up the book...

Am I missing something...?
>>
>>51889059
>Buying the fucking books
Anon, no.

They're in the Pastebin link in the OP. Use the Mega link. They're free, easy to grab, virus free, and it means you aren't fucking giving CGL more money for them to embezzle.
>>
>>51889042
>You cannot dual-wield weapons above SA firing mode.
Don't know who told you that, but they're wrong.

>FIRE FULL-AUTO WEAPON (COMPLEX ACTION)
>If a character has one weapon in each hand, he may fire once with each weapon by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action

>FIRE LONG BURST OR SEMI-AUTO BURST (COMPLEX ACTION)
>A character may attack multiple targets within Short or Medium range by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action

>FIRE MOUNTED OR VEHICLE WEAPON (COMPLEX ACTION)
>Nada

>THROW WEAPON (SIMPLE ACTION)
>Multiple readied throwing weapons can be thrown at a target within Short or Medium range by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action

>FIRE SEMI-AUTO, SINGLE-SHOT, BURST FIRE OR FULL-AUTO (SIMPLE ACTION)
>If a character has one weapon in each hand, he may fire once with each weapon by adding a Multiple Attacks Free Action
>>
>>51889123
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11965.0
>>
>>51889114
Is it not good to support CGL if you like the game? What do you mean they "embezzle"?
>>
>>51889136
Quote the guy who thinks only SA firing mode can do dual wielding.
>>
>>51889100
CGL embezzlement Coleman
google it
Short Version: The CEO embezzled about a million dollars to pay for his house and IIRC drugs. He didn't get punished, CGL lost a lot of licenses, lots of freelancers didn't get paid at all and left. Which is why in late 4e the quality took a halo jump right into the Marianas trench
>>
>>51889137
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/embezzle
>>
>>51889167
>>51889137
which is the reason we tell the people to just use the PDFs in the OP pastebin, since you can be pretty sure that none of your money will actually reach the guys who write this
>>
>>51889177
I know what embezzlement is...

>>51889167
>>51889189
God damn that's frustrating. Feelsbadman.
>>
>>51889189
>>51889167
This was like seven years ago tho
>>
>>51889137
Here's the basic breakdown.

>CGL gets the Shadowrun license
>Their CEO hires a bunch of illegals to put an expansion on their house, uses corporate funds
>Effectively steals just short of a million dollars
>CGL tries to just sweep it under the rug and go "Yeah we're totally fine, ignore the fact that half our freelancers quit because we didn't pay them, and how fucked up our books are now"
>They shit out 5e with a total lack of quality control, zero editing, ignore playtest feedback, try to appeal to the all-but-nonexistant grognard playerbase who hasn't played since 1e
>Wireless Bonuses, Limits, fucked up initiative system, removal of Skinlink, inconsistent pricing and stats, drastically reduces amount of customization, the priority system
>Terrible fluff in recent books, shitty author fanwank characters still alive, generally massive issues all over

>>51889260
Too bad that it's still fucking the game up because all the good freelancers left, and now we're left with a situation where even within a single chapter of the book you might have 6-7 different writers doing bits of it, and none of them are talking to the others, so you end up with this horrible abomination of a clusterfuck of poor editing and balance issues.
>>
>>51889234
>I know what embezzlement is...
Had to make sure.
>>
>>51889260
sure
but nothing changed
Coleman is still CEO
Bull and Hardy are still his right hand mooks
The editing is still shite
and all the good freelancers are still gone

It turned shit 7 years ago, yes
but the problem is that it's basically the same now
>>
>>51889234
You talk like a faggot.
>>
>>51889294
Alright, so, as the guy that just bought the books and wanted to get into the game... what do?

I thought 5e would be a good place to start since it's the newest edition. Is there a consensus one of the previous versions are better? Should I just play 5e?
>>
>>51889234
Embezzlement is road to hell for men and companies alike.
Pilfering is the clever man's crime.
>>
>>51889372
I, and I think most of the thread but I could be mistaken, think that 5e is okay mechanically. It does certainly have problems, but I don't think that 4e is much better.
This has been a hotly contested issue on /srg/ in the past, though.
>>
>>51889372
5e is the best edition that you're going to find out of what's available, but do not buy the books.
>>
File: molly_millions.jpg (89KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
molly_millions.jpg
89KB, 500x643px
>>51873969
Handled like a professional, anon.
>>
>>51889372
5e is playable, the problem lies mostly in the editing meaning you can have three different rules in three different places that are totally different, or you might have stuff that simply isn't there cause they forgot it, or were over the word count, or just didn't like it (I'm looking at the critter costs)

For fluff you should mostly refer to 4e for somewhat actual setting information (Sixth World Almanac is basically the entire timeline up to 2075 and small texts on all the different countries). Also when it's about in depth place information you should check the books from 3e and earlier (Shadows of ...).

Also you need a FUCKTON of houserules to keep it in place

But it's playable
>>
>>51889405
>>51889422
Ok phew. Thanks. I don't want to start an edition-war, but I do want a place to start off of.

Are there any things to look out for as a newbie? Unbalanced supplements, or poorly-designed mechanics?
>>
>>51889448
What are the best books to read up on? 6th world almanac, anything else?
>>
>>51873969
Yeah man, that was pretty good. Sometimes the question isn't what you think it is. Sometimes quick and unrelenting force is the answer anyway.
>>
>>51884576
Uh.. Replace the macguffin from the girl in the freezer and say MCT wants the prototype Soypatty mixture. Its 1% more like real meat and will pay dividends in the synthfood war.
>>
>>51889467
Do not allow players to play Pixies. Overpowered bullshit snowflake garbage.
Do not allow people to play AIs. Poorly made, horribly underpowered, clusterfuck of rules, entirely worthless.
Do not allow people to use the Horizon Noizquito. Infinitely stacking penalties at a negligible cost at far too high of a range.
Do not use the default Priority system. Use Sum to Ten, from Run Faster. Preferably, use Sum to Twelve, for the sake of your players.
Ignore the Matrix. It's a giant clusterfuck of pointless bullshit, and it's severely overcomplicated. Until you know the system, just NPC your decker and do things at GM convenience.
Just don't touch vehicle combat/chase scenes.
If you don't want your game to be 100% adepts/magicians all-day every-day, then adjust the prices of all 'ware down by about 25%, and allow players to take up to Betaware at chargen.
Sit down with your players. Talk to them. Ask them who their character is. No, not what they DO, who they ARE. Where did they grow up? Why did they become runners? What are their goals and motivations?
Learn to pay attention to your players, and remember that you can always deny an idea if it sounds like it won't fit.
>>
>>51889590
Ok this is great information. Thanks so much man.
>>
>>51889492
mostly dependent on what exactly you want to know about
I'd say:
>Vice(4e): Underworld in focus
>Corporate Guide(4e)/Corporate Download(3e): Information on the corps
>Shadows of ...(3e): Information about ... area, Europe, Asia, some countries, etc.
>Attitude(4e): Information about various scenes (music, video, entertainment), Information about shadowrunners and their motivations, how to be a good runner and fashion, accessories and tools.
>Conspiracy theories(4e): guess..
>Running Wild(4e): Actual stats for critters, since the 5e writers didn't want runners to be able to buy critters, at all
>Para(-botany/-geology/-zoology)(4e): Books on magical plants, minerals and animals each
>Spy games(4e): Spy tools, methods and plot hooks
>Corporate Enclaves(4e): Info on various locations, including LA, Neo-Tokyo and various other cities

This is of course not an exhaustive list, but ones I know that explain some stuff
>>
I've done the math again, /srg/. To get everything I want installed, swapped out for something better or upgraded all at betaware grade so they can fit in my essence, I need 820,401 nuyen and access to a betaware clinic. So, hypothetical situation, let's say the 4 other members of the team are unaware of the million nuyen bounty on blood mages and toxic shamans. Were I to convince them that there's a 250k nuyen bounty on them, capture one live, cash in the million nuyen bounty on my own and give each other member only 50k, how fucking pissed do you think they would be at me once they realized my deception?
>>
>>51889590
>No, not what they DO, who they ARE. Where did they grow up? Why did they become runners? What are their goals and motivations?
I'll add there's a good quiz like this in Runner's Companion in 4e at least. There's probably a version in 5e too, but they're nothing crunchy.
>>
>>51889686
>There's probably a version in 5e too, but they're nothing crunchy.
Yeah, it's in Run Faster.
>>
>>51889428
I probably should have told the group what I was doing before I did it.
>>51889523
It pays to let Mr Johnson know that he hires you to ruin or ocxasionally end the lives of people exactly like him if he doesn't already understand that. All you really need is payment and a reason.
As long as he understands that and doesn't GIVE you a reason, everything can remain cool and the business relationship can continue peacefully.

It's okay if they think they're better then you as long as they also understand that you can ruin their lives at any time at all.
>>
>>51889680
Pretty damn pissed omae.
>>
>>51889719
Exactly how pissed are we talking here? Will I be to sit down and play with them just fine next session?
>>
>>51889737
Depends on the players desu.
I would probably not be able to keep myself from getting mad at you OOC, but if you're all die-hard black trenchcoat SR players they might appreciate the audacity of your plan.

Are they the kind of people who would sell out a technomancer team mate for the bounty at first chance?
>>
>>51889737
most likely they will be VERY antagonistic to you
and I hope you don't depend on them for transportation
>>
File: Bad at Math Bird.jpg (24KB, 457x322px) Image search: [Google]
Bad at Math Bird.jpg
24KB, 457x322px
>>51889737
At this point just take prime-runner jobs mate. They pay in the six digits, you'll get to your 800k soon enough.

Also if you think people are going to go tackle a blood mage or toxic shaman withouth researching how much their worth or the risks, you cray nigga.
>>
>>51889779
>>51889784
>>51889801
I see. Perhaps getting them in on some kind of casino robbery would make for a better get-rich-quick plan.
>>
>>51889680
I'm pretty sure that Dunkelzahn's Will is public record at this point, I also think the bounty dropped after they were getting too many false IDs
>>
>>51889590
Why Sum-To-Twelve? I know some metas and archetypes really need the love, but wouldn't you just give mages too much power with that?
>>
>>51889933
It's less dropped, and more turned into a most wanted list. While in theory, yes, you still can walk in with a random blood or toxic and get money, if they're not on the list, you should expect a lot of red tape and work at the minimum.

Well, possibly less if you have a friend on the board or otherwise in a good position.
>>
>>51890375
What would you prefer, telling your players to not be cuntrags, or literally never seeing any race other than Metatype E Human?
>>
>>51890411
I agree on the meta, just asking honestly since I have my sights on finishing a group of newbies and kinda-newbies soon, and I've been debating on what chargen to use.
I was thinking among the lines of "Sum to ten but then you increase your meta +1 for free" precisely because I want them to have some extra edge or make Orks and Dwarfs more easy to fit.
>>
>>51889835
Protip: Get into the National Archives and find the identity of a man called "David Gavilan" then sell it off to the megacorps. They'll know who he is and how valuable it is. We're talking six to seven digits here.
>>
Someone, anyone, I need help figuring out the fluff for SR

Last session, my gm and another player (both huge elf fetishists) started discussing all the timeline events, organizations and legendary figures linked to elves exclusively.

Made me realize how the writhes gave more attention to elves than any other metatypes.

Now, I had noticed for a while that our campaign was slipping more and more into the elven magical realm and I really need like I should try to pull it back into a more neutral ground. only problem is I can't find any source material that depicts stuff that rivals what the elves have.

So please, help me out, I really need material to convince my GM shadowrun has more to offer than an elf-centered campaign
>>
>>51890496
Basically, Sum to twelve is just the easiest way to do it. Generally speaking, it's not going to make characters more specialized in their main thing, since you'd already do that to the max anyway, so it ends up giving a little more wiggle-room for edge, resources, or shit like that. It's nice to not be forced to take In Debt to have a functional character at chargen, you know?
>>
>>51890715
I'll probably end up taking your suggestion then on that...

If you don't mind the stupid questions, you feel this "house rules" for chummer would do? Or am I not seeing something stupid/broken/stupidly broken?
>>
>>51890865
Huh?
>>
>>51889467
Obligatory plug for all the cheat sheets/Hayek sheets and the superbook in the pastebin. The info you need with none of the drek.
>>
>>51890627
If you like to listen, pick up the Neo-Anarchist podcast. It has episodes sorted by year and topic starting in 1999.
>>
File: chargen house rules.png (41KB, 895x614px) Image search: [Google]
chargen house rules.png
41KB, 895x614px
>>51890894
>>51890865
I fucked up the post, sorry.
>>
>>51891012
Oh. Free contacts is actually a default rule, chummer does it weird. Enable all of the free contact/knowledge stuff. Put it at x3 on knowledges.
Knucks, initiation, treat metatype attribute minimum as 1, allow mysads to buy power points, and the negative quality bits.

Also, use the Nightly.
>>
>>51886598
How else are we going to snipe with our burst-firing Savalette Guardians?
>>
>>51891050
Those options are there for changing the ratios, you don't have to tick them to get free contacts/knowledge unless you're doing Karma build, which is less clear on the subject.
>>
File: bone of my sword.png (251KB, 651x483px) Image search: [Google]
bone of my sword.png
251KB, 651x483px
>>51873293
How the fuck does that even work
>>
File: 1486851958678.png (6MB, 1716x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1486851958678.png
6MB, 1716x2400px
>>51891050
>>51891223
The free contact points thing is for the multiplier. Couldn't think of a better way to implement it with the way the options work at the moment. After the stealth errata, it was confirmed that point buy gets free knowledge points and such.
>>
>>51873015
>>51873411
>>51873570
One of my players has Seattle's Knight Errant management convinced he's some kind of company man/secret agent named Agent Bopadopulis.
>>
>>51882019
A return of that 4e rule about 15 karma to learn a metamagic as long as you *are* an Initiate. Tweaked so that you can do it for any school you've initiated into in 5e.
>>
>>51882316
I forget which book, but there's one novel where a character is mourning the crash, talking about how much advanced work into genetech and bioware was lost along with cyberware. Which makes a bit of sense, just that every bit of bioware then would all be deltaware due to no type 0. I imagine there are a few very old men running around with a few million nuyen of special organs in their bodies, waiting to die.
>>
>>51883953
>Not just using the obvious jew stereotypes, the dwarves.
>>
>>51884667
Can't have a potential complete reduction now, can you? I guess you could say (d10-4)/10, but just using a d6 is easier.
>>
>>51891550
but in shadowrun its the elves

>coming out of nowhere to steal land they claim is rightfully their from those that have been inhabiting it for thousands of years
>not so secretly colluding to control the world
>highly overrepresented in virtually all forms of media
>speak an ancient and worthless tongue that they claim is an important part of their culture
>>
>>51884738
Now how am I to play chinese electric batman?
>>
>>51886265
Part of running in LA is all about negotiating a proper broadcast delay - people love that stuff. You could easily edit, then sell the semi raw recordings to NewsNet or any Horizon media property.
>>
How do you do an ally spirit in Chummer? I can't get a proper template going for one in terms of powers. No sense link or anything. I've just been using the notes section to record the stats.
>>
>>51889326
It is so fucking gratifying to see people who have the same desire to REEE at this that I do.
>>
>>51889294
You forgot the bit where Frank Trollman broke into CGL's office to masturbate all over the owner's faces when the news broke, probably staring at a copy of his matrix rules.
>>
>>51891715
What?
>>
>>51889801
Hell, Johnny Spinrad gave up 550k for 5 days of piss easy bodyguard work and a low end kidnapping job in Bloody Business. And it's Spinrad, so there were wingsuits involved which you really should do for free.
>>
>>51890403
>Learn sacrificing
>Get minor cosmetic surgery
>Group turns you in, gets reward
>Group breaks you out
>Get minor cosmetic surgery
>Group turns you in, gets reward
>>
>>51891265
I'd guess smashing blow, some bioware for DV, penetrating strike and maybe the sacrifice throw martial arts maneuver.
>>
>>51891726
One of the 3e freelancers who had a shitfit when they didn't use his matrix rules. He didn't quite break into CGL's offices, but he was, uh, very happy when all of this came to light judging by his posts.
>>
>>51891764
chummer, I'm pretty sure that
>if they can just offer a cold million per mage then their defenses are pretty good
and
>they are going to recognize you after the first time based on your signature
>>
>>51891788
To be fair, EotM is still the best set of Matrix rules that exist for Shadowrun.
>>
>>51892008
True.
>>
>>51892008
>EotM
?
>>
>>51892037
Ends of the Matrix by Frank Trollman, a overhaul for the 4e matrix rules, with brain hacking
>>
>>51890589
>Protip: Get into the National Archives and find the identity of a man called "David Gavilan"
That's Damian Knight, right? I don't think I could pursue that without it being metagaming.
>>
>>51892037
Ends of the Matrix. It's a rewrite of the Matrix rules that makes most hacking actions into the equivalent of spellcasting.

Major selling points:
* Synergy between mechanics means you don't get someone that only understands hacking or spellcasting, it's just you say you want to do the thing, you do the thing, results happen.
* Brainhacking is cyberpunk as fuck.
* Technomancers are every bit as terrifying as they SHOULD be, given how the fluff treats them.
* The hacker can contribute to combat using his main skillset without resorting to the terrible carrot-and-stick that is wireless bonuses.
* The hacker cannot easily cause pizza-run shenanigans. so everything keeps moving along quickly.
>>
File: CB11.jpg (114KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
CB11.jpg
114KB, 786x1017px
>>51892128
This sounds fucking amazing. Is it compatible with 5e's Matrix rules in any way, shape or form?
>>
>>51892128
Wait, but this is 4e, wasn't it? Wireless bonuses weren't a thing.
>>
I'll admit I've never gotten his brain hacking ideas. Magic in Shadowrun is less a secondary force bolted on to physics and more a fundamental part of the universe that's occasionally suppressed, so that's probably why I get all glitched up over it. I get that he's referring to using tchnology to create phantom brainwaves, so the toaster hacks you to want more bread, but still.

>>51892172
You'd have to do some fucking around. Ask on the Gaming Den, Trollman might have updated it. He seems like the type to fork development for himself as a huge fuck you.
>>
Prison Magic Tradition Anon from many threads ago here (Bod + Will is drain, but half of all drain is physical). I made a human MysAd, and I'm wondering if the Attribute Boost powers should be used, or if going for channeling spirits (metamagic) is a reasonable solution for low physical stats. Should I run with both?
>>
>>51892249
chummer, there is already a receiver that can read your brain waves from about 20cm away
and that's now, in 2017
in 2077 you can imagine that shit to be even stronger
>>
>>51892292
Oh, yeah, in some university labs they can get a rough idea of what you're thinking or feeling. But I meant more in the way that essence is there - without a 'direct connection' that secondary force is going to be rejected. That's life, I guess.
>>
File: 6-176.jpg (108KB, 990x658px) Image search: [Google]
6-176.jpg
108KB, 990x658px
>>51892172
It takes a bit of massaging to make it work as a replacement for 5th's mechanics, but it's mostly just a matter of deciding whether or not to remove wireless bonuses, or just give them out to everything, and tweaking a couple of the skills.
>>51892177
Sure, but 4e's hacking was just 'Hey, do you have money? Cool, you can be a hacker if you want.' It didn't really do a lot to encourage you being a hacker as your primary function. The guy that wrote 5th's rules (Hardy, I think) insisted that you could use a carrot-and-stick approach to encourage everyone to participate in the Matrix environment despite the fact that there is no real mechanical benefit to do so.
>>51892249
Brain hacking is largely a perfect information problem; if you can build a sensor sensitive enough to read a given brain's EM emissions and know enough about how the brain works to understand what those signals mean, you can then use your own signals to modify what those signals are doing.
>>
>>51892358
Hey Yekka, I've got an idea for you to consider, but I know it should low on your priority list. All the prices, availabilities and legalities are based on the assumption that you're in Seattle, so maybe one day you'll have an option that lets you pick the area that the campaign is focused on and adjusts, costs, availability and legality accordingly? With Seattle being the default of course.
>>
>>51892459
There are mechanics for different prices and such?
>>
>>51892480
I haven't seen anything about different prices or availabilities, other than being informed they apparently exist. But I know for sure legality is different in the Sioux Nation than it is in Seattle, and as crazy as it seems there are people out there who give a really big shit about how legal their gear is.
>>
>>51891314
Good, that makes sense otherwise it undervalues logic, which is already the most dump-able stat outside of a few archetypes.
>>
>>51881015
You are on a mission to assassinate a wealthy man who has very peculiar tastes and is currently on vacation at fetish club. What augments do the patrons have?
>>
>>51892571
At that point, it's probably safer to go with the pregnant suicide bomber and get her hired as a waitress.
>>
>>51892267
Any thoughts? Sorry to spam.
>>
>>51892591
Your false-flagging is weak. At least try.
2/10.
>>
>>51892591
Body+Willpower is really only a thing for adept powers, rather than actual magic. If you've convinced your GM to go with it, cool - learn some spells for increased physical attributes.
>>
File: average streetsam.jpg (89KB, 1000x489px) Image search: [Google]
average streetsam.jpg
89KB, 1000x489px
>>51892571
>You are on a mission to assassinate a wealthy man who has very peculiar tastes and is currently on vacation at fetish club.
As a streetsam and a shadowrunner, I know I have to keep the bodycount professionally low. But as a Catholic, I know that I must treat this place as the Lord did Sodom and Gomorrah.
>>
What do I need to just use a drone? I want a fly for general scouting, but I don't want to go inside it or anything like that. Is a trode, the drone, and an autosoft enough to use one?
>>
Blind character gets glasses with trodes - can they use the DNI aspect to 'see', provided they have an imagelink?
>>
>>51892961
A commlink is all you need. If you want it to do things without you controlling it remotely using that commlink, you want an autosoft for each of those things.

So at least a maneuvering one, and a clearsight one.

>>51892993
If they have Blind and not some kind of Reduced Sense, then no. They can have an agent or other program read stuff to them, but not see.
>>
>>51893073
Detection spells would work - clairvoyance, point the spell through a vidscreen for AR, that sort of thing. Only a little different from Astral Perception.
>>
File: Hardware Burnout.jpg (332KB, 1280x828px) Image search: [Google]
Hardware Burnout.jpg
332KB, 1280x828px
>>51892358
OK, I've taken a look at it, and i can definitely see what you mean. What would you suggest as a replacement for Datasearch?
>>
>>51893073
DNI is not explicitly sight.
>>
>>51888613
What are these Axis disorders? Is there a good place for a layman to read up on them? Sound like it would be useful for handling cyberpsychosis and explaining it other than 'kills a bunch'.
>>
>>51893512
Generally I just roll it into the Computer skill.
>>51893678
Blind quality is a neurological defect that cannot process visual stimuli at all.
>>
>>51893678
DNI is a method of transmitting data. If that data is sight, it won't work on someone who is blind because of a "nerve issue, leaving them incapable of processing any visual stimuli, regardless of the source".
>>
>>51889294
>initiative system
>priority
>bad things

Go back to sleep, 4rry.
>>
>>51893793
The priority system is inflexible and poorly designe, and if you're going to use it, at least use STT.

The initiative system is less shit, but it's still shit.
>>
>>51889492
The Neo-Anarchist podcast is good and flavourful; Opti is a grognard who (unlike the current situation with licensing) doesn't give a shit about officially cutting ties with Earthdawn, so he ties everything together holistically.
>>
>>51893793
>>51893817
What changed in the initiative system between 4 and 5?
>>
>>51893836
SR 4 was just you get straight passes extra.

SR 5 you take your initiative, and as long as you still have a positive value after the end-of-turn -10 subtraction, you've got another turn.
>>
>>51890411
>his group is such hardcore powergamers they need specific incentives not to be entirely bland and identical

Whew
>>
>>51893883
Its kind of a requirement if /srg/'s character criticisms are any indication.
>>
>>51893883
Go build me a competent Troll in Priority.
I'll wait.
>>
>>51893929
I've never seen even /srg/ give a flat no to being a basic metahuman of any stripe (sometimes saying it's suboptimal, and that doing things with trolls is hard, but not impossible) that isn't some SURGE or metavariant.

If anything, srg likes elves more than humans as the default race for any role.
>>
>>51893954
What's your definition of competent?
>>
>>51893954
No. You can go find some just by googling 'troll 5e priority' including a punchmage.

But on point there's tons of non-human priority builds, and many more non-human sum-to-10. Saying you need to go sum-to-12 or everyone is going to play minimum special attribute humans is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>51893954
AEDBC. Troll. Face.
>>
File: Alamais on the Hunt, 2074.jpg (441KB, 1550x675px) Image search: [Google]
Alamais on the Hunt, 2074.jpg
441KB, 1550x675px
Has anyone tried mashing together the good things about 5e (limits) and 4e (compatible with EotM, more gear customizability, good writing, and editing that wont give you a stroke) like some people do with Traveller?
>>
>>51894361
Yes, my group.
We haven't bothered writing it down though.
>>
>>51893883
Well, no the point is they can trust the players with greater options, because they won't abuse them (if told not to). You should try some reading/comprehension. The issue is that under priority trolls are overly taxed, making it hard, if not impossible to do certain things with.
>>
Newt red?
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.