[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amonkhet General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 45

File: 563456456.jpg (239KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
563456456.jpg
239KB, 1080x1350px
New Amonkhet General - Shitty Gideon Art Edition

Previous thread:
>>51831808

What are you most excited for? For me it's two things. Number one is that Gideon will be more in the spotlight. Love that guy. Number two is that we'll get a new cycle of gods. Can't wait to see them. Nicol Bolas appearing again is also pretty cool but that's more of an Hour of Devastation thing if we can go by booster pack artwork. Also mummies as zombies!

Look at that garbage artwork for Gideon. Do they even know what their own characters are supposed to look like? How old is he in the lore? 30? 60? I can't tell when looking at all his artworks.
>>
>>51850999
He's an ambiguously Mediterranean man of an ambiguous age, to appropriately cover as many demographics as possible.
>>
At least the Egyptians look like Egyptians rather than going for the WE WUZ KANGZ route.
>>
File: 56745.png (1MB, 725x874px) Image search: [Google]
56745.png
1MB, 725x874px
>>
>>51850999
FUCK
I only now realized why Gideon has new armor.
His old one got fucked up by the gearhulk and destroying the planar bridge and he can't just waltz over to Alara to get a new one.
>>
>>51850999
MOORED.COM
>hes Mediterranean therefor he must be an Arab rape baby
>>
>>51851225
Oh shit, you're right.

So, in other news, now that Gideon is a human bullet and Chandra went full spirit bomb, what other pop culture memes can we degrade the jacetice league down to? Besides the obvious superhero gimmick.
>>
File: images-5.jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images-5.jpg
9KB, 205x246px
What Commander triggers your autism, /tg/? Personally I can't stand pic related.
>>
Lynch Maro. Lynch the Gatewatch.
>>
>>51851342
Stay classy, /tg/
>>
>>51851049
>>51851074
lol, fucking hell.
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2 art in the leftmost mid iirc looks like some Bruce Willis meets Hugh Jackman shit.
His Gideon Jura (first planeswalker card) art looks bleak as fuck, like he's outta Game of Thrones. I never imagined him becoming the shlickbait he is now.
Seems like they de-aged him for that purpose increasingly toward RTR block.
With Magic Origins they had an excuse to show him even younger, and overshot his present day youthfulness in the BFZ and other promotional art. The Amonkhet art now looks like they're being a bit corrective.
They can't decide if they want him to be a dilf or He-Man or a student pro athlete on a cereal box so they went with all of the above.

First I thought he was the Superman to Jace's Batman but now I think he's both John Cena and Roman Reigns to Jace's I don't even know what.

>>51851074
>They give Gideon a kilt to allow him freeballing while they won't let Liliana have some fucking sandals.
I still mad.
>>
>>51851360

>>>/lgbt/ is that way
>>
File: XfgGS11.jpg (21KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
XfgGS11.jpg
21KB, 500x313px
>>51851405
>nigga doesn't know class
>>
>>51851496
>being this obsessed with an irrelevant form of etiquette on a Mongolian shadow puppetry website
>>
I hope the Crocodragon is good, thats all I need.
>>
>>51851894
This, I want an excuse to always be looking at that sexy art
>>
File: 1483242804778.png (360KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
1483242804778.png
360KB, 750x713px
>>51851049
>>51851074

They could've at least just given him mostly Greek traits because he's from NOTgreece after all, right? I think the main problem is that they're flip flopping on his age, that really affects how he looks; though to be fair they couldn't even pick one group of generic traits and keep them consistent so whatever.

>>51850999
I actually kind of like this artwork for him desu. My appreciation for the sideboob aside, I like it because his skin tone seems darker rather than looking like a white guy with a tan and I feel like he altogether looks more definitively Greek? His features seem more defined, and he looks older in the battle-worn kind of way which I think is appropriate to his character by this point. Partially because I don't know his official age I can't really decide whether I think he looks too old, though.
>>
lol at the artist fucking up his beard. Or does that constitute character development for WotC?
>>
>>51851315
I fucking hate mono X artifact decks. Hate playing against them hate what they stand for
>>
So are the Gatewatch just going to be in every set from now on or what?
>>
>>51852371
Yes.
>>
>>51852371
Yup. Gotta market that movie deal with Fox. They want well- known, identifiable characters so the movie can sell well.
>>
>>51851264

Jace is going to use some time manipulation to train.
>>
>>51852371
Well the new planeswalker duel decks are Gideon vs. Liliana, so there's gonna be some in-fighting. Hopefully Bolas smashes a new asshole into them in Hour of Devastation. The bad guy hasn't won since what, Scars of Mirrodin?
>>
>>51852764
You can say Nahiri won in SOI block, as she got what she wanted at the end.
>>
>>51852773
Nahiri is just a cunt. Emrakul was the villain.
>>
>>51852428
Jesus, is the film going to be based around an adventure of the Gatewatch?

That means Gideon will be the main character, played by Hugh Jackman or some shit, and he'll have a rocky relationship with Chandra until he makes out with her with his indestructibility aura up to chill her blazing cunt from exploding everyone.
It'll be X-Men 3 all over again.
>>
>>51852764
Heliod kills Elspeth in surprise villainous sort of fashion.
Magic Origins didn't really have a villain. Arguably everyone went through something difficult and unresolved to get their spark.

BFZ is where we start seeing the good guys win, and it's been going for 3 blocks now.
Hour of Devastation may provide the anal cave-in the Gatewatch has been needing.
>>
>>51852901
Also in Khans block the bad guy won depending on your perspective. I think the good guys won.
>>
>>51852849
Boy, so i have links for you

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2014/1/14/5306658/20th-century-fox-developing-magic-the-gathering-movie-series

I hope this one works (mobilefag) but it's the most clear and concise article about the movie info.

>Twentieth Century Fox reportedly finalized a deal to acquire the screen rights to the game from Hasbro with the intention of turning the property into a movie series.

>Fox writer and producer Simon Kinberg is attached to the project and will work with Hasbro executives to oversee the movie series' development. Kinberg has worked as producer and screenwriter on Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand and producer on Elysium.

>Wizards of the Coast president Greg Leeds and Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner will be involved in "production capacities," while Daniel Persitz will oversee to the project on behalf of Hasbro.

Also
http://nerdreactor.com/2016/07/25/sdcc-2016-talking-kaladesh-and-mtg-movies-with-mark-rosewater/

Interview with MaRo on the story of MtG from Origins forward.
>>
>>51851987
Hence ambiguously Mediterranean rather Greek.

He could be North African, he could be Turkish, he could be Greek, he could Spanish. His skin is tan, his facial features aren't entirely Caucasian so who knows what the fuck he is?
>>
>>51853006
>Kinberg has worked as producer and screenwriter on Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand and producer on Elysium
>producer and screenwriter on Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand, and
>Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: The Last Stand
>X-Men: The Last Stand
>X
>Men
>The Last Stand

Oh dear god I was kidding...

...maybe it won't be bad. Maybe. :(
>>
>>51851315
Not so much a commander as a type of deck. But I can't stand lazy "tribal" decks that are literally just a pile of cards from the same tribe with zero real synergy. There's a guy who made that awful thopter tribal everyone was memeing about when Hope of Ghirapur was spoiled. The deck is awful, even with the same generic artifact "synergy" in every deck with an artifact subtheme.
>>
>>51852901
Magic Origins was a Core Set that featured the five walkers with their planes and backgrounds, the whole set was built that way (Renowned, each archetype was connected to a plane, the artifact subtheme, spell mastery)
>>
>>51852764
>the new planeswalker duel decks are Gideon vs. Liliana
Wait what
So is pic related really gonna become a thing?
>>
>>51852818
Emrakul also got what she wanted. She possessed Tamiyo in order to trap herself because Innistrad wasn't ripe enough to be cleansed.
>>
>>51852939
As much as I like Sarkhan, ending was shit. I got over it quickly because cards were bonkers and fun.
>>
>>51854518
The fact that Innistrad's story just STOPPED after that part still pisses me off to no end.
>>
>>51854518

Wait is this fucking real? Emmy trapped herself on purpose?

That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>51850999
No, walkers always look different but somehow every BFS ally looked the same even when some were humans and some were kor.
>>
>>51854207
No. That anon was retarded and meant to say that the planeswalker starter decks are Liliana and Gideon, not the duel deck (which I'm not sure we know yet; are they even still making duel decks?).
>>
>>51855234
Nissa v Ob was so shit they may as well not be. If they continue the next two should be Amonkhet tribe vs Amonkhet Tribe then Kaladesh walker vs Kaladesh walker.
>>
>>51855234
>are they even still making duel decks
The answer to that question and any other question regarding spoilers or future content is to not give a fuck until it comes out.

In a week we'll all be shitting ourselves over Modern Masters 3 spoilers and posting wishlists and shit like that when the reality is:
- most of us aren't going to buy it
- it's literally all reprints
- it's going to mostly be shit reprints
- shills working for Wizards or just simply retarded players whom are solely to blame for why Masters products are such garbage are going to proclaim that they're going to buy it
>>
>>51852764

And the decks for Kaladesh were Nissa and Chandra, dude
>>
>>51852764
Because the KLD duel decks showed us that epic fight between nissa and chandra when chandra was hugging gideon then nissa walked in with a plate of cookies.
>>
>>51854826
Yeah, Nissa or Tammy (I forget which) started crying to Jace about Emmy mind-fucking them. >>51854760 also makes a solid point, I want to see Innistrad adapt to all those mutated eldrazi hybrid creatures. Unless they all dropped dead making the entire "reality warping" thing less impactful.
>>
>>51856064
>innistrad adapts to the eldrazi
>everything in nature is a now killing machine to rival the eldrazi
>this causes the ecosystem to rebalance
>humanity now realies zombies and spirits creating a new church
>completely new vampire families rise up to rival the necromantic church, worshipping the stone that holds sorin
Shit or not?
>>
>>51856064
>>51854826
Pretty much the plan to put Emmy in the moon was going south until Tammy got controlled and brought out that one scroll she shouldn't use which Emmy somehow changed to not destroy the Plane and just trap her into the moon.

Nissa was complaining about not being able to Nuke Emrakul because the Leylines were wack and Innistrad is just too horrifying that Nissa doesn't want to deal with it.
>>
>>51856312

Not shit
>>
File: Bruce Jura.jpg (54KB, 450x355px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Jura.jpg
54KB, 450x355px
>>51851074
>>
File: 1404622888451.jpg (103KB, 1114x630px) Image search: [Google]
1404622888451.jpg
103KB, 1114x630px
>>51856737
>>
>>51856767
Is that Yolandi Visser?
>>
>>51856388
I wan't nissa to try and talk to the plane, then get mindraped because of this being a artifical plane that bolas made
>>
>>51856840

Yes.
>>
>>51856840
no, it's Yolandi Fucking Visser
>>
Will there be full art lands in amonkhet?
>>
File: 1457221386152.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
1457221386152.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>51856963
No.
>>
>>51856963
Have you not read through this thread?
>>
>>51856983
>Amonkhet Basic Lands
>Finally, we announced full-art basic lands as part of some in-store promotions last week, but that's not the only place you'll find them—you can also get them in Amonkhet booster packs! Full-art basic lands will appear in approximately one out of every four boosters and will be available in other products as well.
>>
File: 1487661537306s.jpg (3KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1487661537306s.jpg
3KB, 125x116px
>>51857007
>check through the thread to make sure this guy wasn't and idiot
>no one posted the full art
Come on guys
>>
File: 1487661537306.jpg (514KB, 844x788px) Image search: [Google]
1487661537306.jpg
514KB, 844x788px
>>51857056
>suddenly a picture for ants
>>
>>51856983
>>51857011
>>51857082
so are these going to be in the fat packs like zendikar?
>>
>>51857118
25% of the lands will be full art
>>
>>51857168
people like full art lands
>gouge
:'(
>>
File: 1485122365140.png (136KB, 438x298px) Image search: [Google]
1485122365140.png
136KB, 438x298px
>>51856737
They look nothing alike though
>>
File: 1462848904628.jpg (70KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462848904628.jpg
70KB, 480x360px
>>51857206
BUY MORE BOOSTERS!!!!!!!
>>
>>51857238
BUT I DONT EVEN WANT THE CARDS IN THE SET SO I HAVE TO BUY THE LANDS FROM SOME CUNT ON EBAY OR FROM SOME OTHER CUNT
zendikar 2.0 for overpriced 2nd market bullshit once again
>>
>>51856871
>Nissa tries to hippie the plane's green mana
>Plane goes all Grixis lives matter bitch reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
I really hope bolas wins. Not only because I hate the avengers, but it's the last bit bad mtg has left other than phyrexia.
It will be pretty fucking lame if yet again a monstrous power is defeated by friendship. Also a big kick in the teeth to an iconic and OG villain.
>>
>>51850999
how are we supposed to take serious bolas if the gatewatch destroyed the eldrazi with friendship
>>
>>51851074
I still like the Willis Gideon and Travolta Sorin the most.
>>
File: Nissa did nothing Wrong.png (496KB, 1900x1550px) Image search: [Google]
Nissa did nothing Wrong.png
496KB, 1900x1550px
Jacetice League was a mistake.
2 sets a block was a mistake.
Blocks and Planes having individual, nearly completely separate stories were perfect, and 3 sets per block was perfect. First set established the setting, 2nd set was rising action, 3rd set was climax and conclusion.

Now we've got a band of Mary Sues and Gary Stus running around solving all the Multiverse's problems with nothing standing in their way. The individual planes' stories are left by the wayside as once-great old enemies are brought back just to be easily dealt with (Eldrazi, Tezzeret) and because of said Mary Sues and Gary Stus there's no need for Wizards to put effort into new characters to make them likable or relatable because Jace "Wizards' Lightning" and his band of friends can solve everything with a flick of the wrist.

The Eldrazi were supposed to be cosmic horrors well beyond the capability of any mortal to comprehend, much less defeat. Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin, three of the oldest and strongest Walkers ever, had to team up just to trap them temporarily on a plane because they couldn't (Sorin and Nahiri) or didn't want to (Ugin) destroy them outright.
But noo, Wizards just goes and turns Nissa from literally Elf Hitler (best version of Nissa) into a generic elementalist mage who deus-ex-machina bound non-planar entities to a physical form on a plane (even though it was originally expressly stated that the forms they had on the plane were mere representative avatars of their true forms and power, and if killed would just reform because their true bodies and consciousnesses resided purely in the Blind Eternities) and Chan-dere was able to burn them to ash because lol-rage powered by said deus-ex-machina-Nissa.

This isn't even beginning to mention the problems with Shadows over Innistrad or Kaladesh.

/rant
>>
>>51859047
>2 sets a block was a mistake.
>First set established the setting, 2nd set was rising action, 3rd set was climax and conclusion.

3 set blocks almost unilaterally had a dud set. RnD either held all their cool shit for the final set and had a really mediocre second set, or blew their load immediately and had really forgettable final sets.

In theory the 2 set system should work, but now they just have all the cool stuff in the first set and pretty mediocre stuff in the second one. Shadows worked but that was almost two different blocks.
>>
>>51855627
Depends on the reprints desu. If they have good ones then it will hopefully increase their presence on the secondary market - so I will buy singles inb4 path at rare and snapcaster at mythic, hiking the price up to 100 buckos.

That being said I always buy a box of a new set to draft with friends if the limited environment seems fun, shoot me.
>>
>>51855627
pic related reminder
If Wizards would just grow some balls and fucking reprint expensive cards at lower rarities and higher printing numbers (or ban them more often and faster) then more new players would be able to get into the formats. Not everyone is willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a deck, especially when most consider it a hobby they spend spare money on, not entire paychecks.

Tarm should've been a normal Rare every time it's been reprinted, but because collectors shitting themselves over its value hound at Wizards any time a possible reprint is hinted at, Wizards always pussies out.
>>
>>51859318
Sometimes when I drink too much and collapse from exhaustion, I have feverish dreams of wizards reprinting all the fetchlands at uncommon in MM17. Think of how much it would solve at once. I understand being willing to pay upwards of 10 bucks for a cool, impactful card that plays a key role in a deck's strategy - but not upwards of 20 for a bland fucking land that is essential to even make a deck function.
>>
>>51859399
KtK fetches are fin though only Zen needs a reprint
>>
>>51859608
"fine" is a relative term. Sure, compared to Zendikar fetches they are alright. But they still cost 10-20 dollars a piece afaik, which is a big barrier of entry for new players into modern and even """""frontier""""". I will remind you that these are not some sorts of busted chase cards that form archetypes around them but just basic pieces which are essential for any modern deck to be considered playable.

Of course, if given the choice, Zendikar fetches direly need a reprint over Khans ones, but in an ideal world both would be widely available.

This, however, is not the entire solution. I can imagine fetches' prices tanking causing a substantial influx of new players into modern, which would in turn increase demand for other staples and make them climb even further. To solve the problem wizards need to either:

>Systematically and regularly reprint staples. Getting rid of the core sets was the second biggest mistake they've ever made.

Or, alternatively

>Significantly increase the diversity and power level of new sets instead of whining "muh limited" - enough to encourage creation of new archetypes or phasing out of old staples or both.
>>
>>51859980
>10-20
The highest one is 14 bucks last time I checked and fetches are used in more than just modern + they have a high demand.
>>
>>51852849

I always figured Jason Mamoa would be Gideon in the movie.

>>51856064

Technically, every eldrazi spawn is just part of the Eldrazi titan, so the eldrazified creatures are just a part of Emrakul afterwards. They might make noises but they're not individual beings anymore. With Emrakul's mind in an inter-dimensional prison or whatever the fuck the moon is the spawn should die.

I also get that the Eldrazi went down pretty anticlimactically for how they were built up but honestly narratively speaking that kinda had to be the Gatewatch's win.

The Eldrazi were more or less just kaiju with pretensions of Cthulu tacked on. They were remembered for being big badass monsters at the end of Zendikar block, but they didn't really have any of the history or lore the other two big threats represented. They are big and scary and eat planets and it turns out the guy who came up with the plan that trapped them was likely perfectly capable of killing them millennia ago but had his own reasons not to.

One of the three major threats they'd built up needed to be the starter villain for the current narrative arc and it made sense to bin the kaiju people (including the writers) were much less invested in than Bolas or Phyrexia as the stepping stone and then quickly follow through on the "that got you together, but you just got lucky you survived" thing by having the next threat be Bolas delivering a devastating defeat to the new hero team.
>>
>>51860320
Sure, they are. I am not even talking about Legacy because fetches tanking would not reduce the barrier of entry in any meaningful way.
>>
>>51859047
>muh nissa
I just want elf titties.
>>
File: Better Nissa.jpg (272KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Better Nissa.jpg
272KB, 1024x1448px
>>51861800
You and me both, my fampai.
>>
>>51858728
>Travolta Sorin
No. Just no.
>>
Is he ever coming back?
>>
>>51862305
Hopefully. I would like to see him as a Bolas slave for a while, smashing face, hunting planeswalkers. Maybe get a redemption arc a few years down the line.
>>
>>51862322
I just want him running around in Amonkhet hunting Planeswalkers and trying to kill the Gods
>>
>>51862305

His time will come. They didn't set him up to be the most powerful neowalker that wasn't originally an oldwalker for nothing, I'm thinking.
>>
>>51859318
I have never actually heard collectors pipe up about how the value of their collections are in jeopardy. And were they to do so, I imagine they would be immediately crucified because there sure as fuck are more people angry at them then they exist in number.

>>51859980
I agree with you for the most part.

>>Significantly increase the diversity and power level of new sets instead of whining "muh limited" - enough to encourage creation of new archetypes or phasing out of old staples or both.
I don't think we can have fresh staples. I think we've actually reached "peak power" or at least as much power/value as we are willing to go. We can't let the power creep beyond Goyf (Grim Flayer comes fucking close though) nor can answers like Bolt or Path get any better - especially Bolt. We could arguably introduce Swords into Modern; it's not like any deck wants more than 4 of that effect. Printing better variants like Birds/Hierarch seems kinda useless and you can only hope that they don't print something better than Farseek/Rampant Growth.

I think where value can to be pushed is the mana costs of cards. You take all those fucking useless 5-7 cost non-creature spells and you drop them down to like 2-mana. Just print a reckless number of Pyromancer's Ascension-like cards to the point that Naturalize and Negate become solid sideboard cards again.
>>
>>51862373
Both he and Elspeth fill that role.
>>
>>51862514
Gold masked undead BW Elspeth when
>>
File: Elspeth in Nyx.jpg (197KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Elspeth in Nyx.jpg
197KB, 849x1200px
>>51862536
>undead BW Elspeth
Please no.
I want our lord and saviour back as the pure White she always was.
Do not let her be defiled by the tainted mana of the Underworld and Undeath.
>>
>>51862557
>tainted mana of the Underworld and Undeath.
Black isn't tainted! It's just powerful and misunderstood.
>>
File: Imma come and steal yo bitch.jpg (339KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Imma come and steal yo bitch.jpg
339KB, 1920x1120px
>>51862536
Not while DACK FAYDEN GREATEST THIEF IN THE MULTIVERSE IS THERE TO STEAL EREBOS' TREASURE.
>>
>>51862577
It's spelled erebor, master bilbo.
>>
Seht's Tiger reprint y/n?

http://magiccards.info/fut/en/31.html
>>
>>51862557
Elspeth is going to be Samurai Jack, she'll just keep walking the underworld until she finds her way out.

Just kidding, Wizards is going to fuck with her colors and personality because corruption sells like hotcakes and strength of character doesn't.
>>
>>51862253
I'd take Travolta Sorin over the weird looking Grim Nemesis Sorin.
>>
>>51862305
>>51862514
Real question is who wins? The Beast Caller or the Knight-Errant?
>>
>>51862622
I swear to god Metzen you should have killed yourself a decade ago.
>>
>>51862611
>reprint
You mean original print, since that was Future Sight, the set that was reprints of future cards.

But semantics aside, now would be the perfect time since Egypt, Set, they tend to only minorly change names sometimes, so Seht as a god name would make sense.
Only thing is that Set is the dog god in Egypt, and Seht's Tiger is White and a cat, so it'd make more sense as the White god's thing, but they might name the White god Seht even though it's probably the Cat god and the Dog god is likely the Black god.
>>
>>51862305
they turn the nigga into jason voorhees and just drop him i mean come on
>>
>>51862557
IIRC Athreos and Erebos are far less evil than Heliod. White isn't necessarily pure. Kaladesh did a similar thing with the Aetherborn and WU authority.
I wouldn't mind her going full Orzhov, making zombie soldier tokens, buffing a creature and giving it fear, etc.
Also I'd really like Sorin to go back to mono B.
>>51862622
>Samurai Jack
>new Elspeth card after 13 year gap
I don't want to wait that long.
And it looks like Jack is going to be working on some inner demons in the new season. Corruption doesn't have to completely overhaul the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSrv_n4tw7w
>>
>>51862680
>Garruk is Jason
>Ashiok is Freddy
>Garruk vs Ashiok Duel Deck when?
>>
>>51862631
I guess the jaw and facial structure sort of look like Travolta, but I'd still rather a non-meme actor play the part.

>>51862693
Given the whole Triumph of Ferocity "scandle", this seems unlikely.
>BREAKING NEWS: Big burly white man depicted raping innocent cis-gendered character!
>>
>>51862631
>>51862742
Which one is Travolta?
>>
File: sorin_lord_of_innistrad_emblem.jpg (147KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
sorin_lord_of_innistrad_emblem.jpg
147KB, 480x680px
>>51862765
I'm assuming this one.
>>
>>51851315
Leovold probably comes the closest, even though he's the one I play the most right now, just because of how easy to assemble and effective his lock is.
>>
>>51856064
I suspect that when we return to Innistrad there will still be a few Eldrazis around, or, at the very least, that Emrakul's presence in the moon will be the cause of mutations in the inhabitants and other strange eldritch phenomena.
>>
File: U in a Nutshell.png (35KB, 1514x230px) Image search: [Google]
U in a Nutshell.png
35KB, 1514x230px
>>51851315
Any UG or UGx commander. Fuck that noise.
They're all the same, and they're all boring to play, both as and against.
Just durdle all game until you combo infinite mana, then use said infinite mana for any other infinite combo (usually turns or draw) while using the typical U fill fodder to keep down threats to you through counters and bounce.

I deeply hate U to my very core though, so that factors in to my hate of UG and UGx decks.
>>
>>51862848
>I don't like this game. I'm going to change the rules until we are playing a game more to my liking
While I agree that the durdle can be annoying, blue's playstyle is a legitimate part of the game. Just because you don't like it doesn't change that fact.
>85% of Magic is playing creatures and trying to use them to punch your opponent to death
t. RG stompy casual
>>
File: 84007316.jpg (15KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
84007316.jpg
15KB, 320x220px
>>51862742
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) could be nice for Sorin for his well-measured snark.

Came across pic related. Seems visually decent and the actor's Dr. Who iirc so the theme is not too far out of his range right? But he might be a little too forced or not serious enough.

In any case we're not so likely to see Sorin and especially not Venser.

I personally wouldn't mind Natalie Portman for Nissa - she can bring delicate elegance to a character well enough.

Unknowns would definitely be nice though.
>>
>>51861975
that is one lewd belly button
>>
>>51862611
>Make UW flash even stronger
No thanks
>>
>>51859047
>First set established the setting, 2nd set was rising action, 3rd set was climax and conclusion.
There were several problems with this model though, the most obvious being design fatigue by the time the third set rolled around. This usually resulted in weird gimmicks that didn't play very well, such as Alara Reborn being nothing but multicolored cards, or were completely random, such as Saviors of Kamigawa's hand size matters theme.

Second was that the second set rarely felt like it was meaningful from a plot perspective. The best example of this I feel is Alara block, where the first set was the shards divided, the second was the shards starting to converge with each other and the conflicts that broke out because of it, and the third was the plane reformed. The problem with this was that the shards had already been fighting each other even before Conflux was released, so there was a huge diconnect between what the set tried to do and what players experienced.

Granted, the new model hasn't worked that well either so far, and at least in BfZ and SoI the story felt very rushed and randomly slapped together with a threat being both established and handled in the first set and then replaced by a new one in the second. Hopefully that was simply the result of hasty rewrites when the block model was changed, but it was pretty much the worst possible introduction we could have gotten.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170220-132518.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170220-132518.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>51862848
You are the cancer that will ultimately kill Magic.
>>
>>51862322
nemesis of the Gatewatch along with Obby
>>
>>51863490
Bolas is definetly setting up a League of Evil Planeswalkers to combat the Gatewatch. Likely candidates include Tezzeret, Ashiok, Vraska, and Garruk.
>>
>>51862848
Being this shit
>>
File: ob nixilis.jpg (475KB, 750x788px) Image search: [Google]
ob nixilis.jpg
475KB, 750x788px
>>51863754
>not including the best villain in the game who would serve as Bolas's right hand but who would also secretly plan to overthrow him to become the new BBEG of Magic

The fuck outta here man.
>>
>>51864023
>making obnoixius into starscream
Hasbro doesnt need 3 versions of fucking transformers.
>>
>>51864084
At least he has personality.
>>
>>51864084
If anything tezzeret should be starscream
>>
>>51864023
I forgot. Yes, Ob is also a likely member.
>>
>>51864023
>>51864145
Tezzeret is Starscream. Ob Nixilis is Soundwave, he actually gets stuff done sometimes.
>>
>>51863754
tibbles
>>
>>51852939
I think it kinda depends from clan to clan.
Ojutai brought a more true peace and zen to the jeskai, but at the cost of losing an ancient style of fighting
Atarka basically just gets fed and lets the Temur be.
Kologhan is clearly an asshole and constantly tries to murder whatever he feels like
Silumgar is a dick, but so is every person in sultai, so who cares.
Dromoka is dragon hitler and I hate Dromoka. Though, at least after the tree spirit holocaust, Dromoka did make Abzan life marginally better, thought they seemed the best off out of everyone.
>>
>>51856312
I'd prefer for innistrad to basically just become a horror shitshow where you are basically guaranteed to die if you go out anywhere, but there is a bastion city out in a purified forest where Sigarda protects the humans that remain.
>>
>>51863754
>Vraska

Vraska isn't really evil, I thought? Or at least, she isn't the sort of evil that wants to RULE THE MULTIVERSE. Just your common-or-garden, fuck-you-I-got-mine selfish evil?
>>
>>51864466
>Kologhan
>he
>>
>>51864516
whatever, they're dragons it's not like Wizards painted dicks on the male ones.
>>
>>51864466
The abzan were fine in the orignal timeline and were the losers of dtk. The temur followed by the jeskai were the next loosers. The mardu and sultai gained from the shift which makes sense, as black wants things to be more black. Silumgar and kologhan allowed their clans to trade humanity for the power of an elder dragon. The sultai gained the stability of an apex predator and lost those who tried to heal their allies, because they can just be zombies. The mardu dont need to protect each other when their dragon lord might just zap them or they might not even get hurt because the fucking lighting dragon of death might swoop in and obliterate their main target while they distract the foot soldiers.
>>
>>51864557
They don't paint dicks on any cards.
>>
>>51864596
olivia says otherwise, there are some ladies who wish they could ride a hog that big.
>>
>>51864497
The last time we heard about her is that sh'e 100% loyal to Jarad, so maybe she's not so bad?
>>
>>51864756
We dont fully know why she was trying to take over ravnica with the whole jace vs vraska thing. Perhaps she was trying to exploit their resources and turn the plane into a homebase to fight her local big bad or maybe turn it into a trap against an evil walker? B/g is a color where the ends justifying the means is a-ok so perhaps she just tried to strong arm a deal with jace that could have been persuaded out with non-threatening dialog, which would be the green in her. Green is all about autism.
>>
File: front.jpg (188KB, 776x1080px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
188KB, 776x1080px
>>51864596
Sure they don't.
>>
>>51864875
>Green is all about autism
White is about altruism. Green is about the natural order of things, which also means that it leans more towards collectivism than individualism, but it isn't an end goal in itself.
>>
>>51856312
Give me WRB vampire knights and you got a deal.
>>
>>51864603
Speaking of Olivia, she swiped Sorin's sword, didn't she? We going to get the Parasite Blade as an artifact someday?
>>
>>51864603
This meme was never funny
>>
>>51865196
Nah. Sorin'll take it back after her rips Olivia's head off and kills her brood.
>>
>>51864949
You might wanna read that again very slowly and very carefully.
>>
>>51864466

Ojutai is an orwellian tyrant and Atarka rubs how her clan is nothing but glorified waiters IN THEIR FACE.

All dragons deserve to die.
>>
>>51865264
oh yeah, they're all a buncha dicks, which is why im confused on why wizards kinda made them the victim. However, some of the dragons arent nearly as bad as the others. I'd rather be in clan Ojutai or Atarka than Clan Kologhan or Silumgar. Dromoka is still Hitler
>>
>>51865396
>>51864466
Never read the Tarkir stories. What's so bad about Dromoka?
>>
>>51865396
Blood related families are a thing of the past, under Dromoka, you and your family can and will be traded off like cattle among giant laser lizards and God help you if you manage to find a kin-tree and learn about your ancestors.
>>
>>51865490
Went and qouted the wrong guy but you catch my meaning
>>
>>51865490
Nothing. The Abzan actually got the best deal out of the five tribes.
>>
File: IMG_6254.jpg (190KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6254.jpg
190KB, 600x438px
>>51862742
I hate the controversy with over Trimumph of Ferocity, not just because of actively censoring content, but because Lilliana is fucking evil and they are fighting. If it was a guy on the rock suddenly no one would have said anything, but because it's Lilliana time to start throwing out apologies.
>>
>>51862305
I could see him going to Amonket to hunt Bolas for sport and incidentally Liliana. He'd be an antivillian in the sense that if they stay out of his way they might make it out of there alive.
>>
File: poor little cursed boy.jpg (159KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
poor little cursed boy.jpg
159KB, 600x439px
>>51865786
Can't have that. Now Garruk is stuck being Shandalar's strongest crazed hobo.
>>
>>51865672
>were immortal and the only tribe to have a real afterlife
>now they die like everyone else
Wrong, imagine if you found out heaven was real but it was nuked 200 years ago?
>>
>>51865786
read in MaRo's voice
Liliana is a mono-black character and black is not evil. Black is simply selfish, doesn't care about others and is amoral. Calling black evil is something white likes to do because black people destroy a perfect white society.
-MaRo #wotcstaff
>>
>>51866029
You mean in hitlers voice.
>>
Jeskai -> Ojutai
The monks and people gained a great teacher but that teacher is basically Hitler. The knowledge gained is probably about equal to that lost, but now you have Hitler leading your clan.
See it as you wish.

Sultai -> Silumgar
Things are mostly worse for the people of Silumgar's clan because Silumgar is the most egomanical hedonist there is.
Mostly worse.

Mardu -> Kolaghan
It's much the same except that Kolaghan and her dragons are leading raids instead of Zurgo.
Mostly better.

Temur -> Atarka
Atarka just wants to eat, so as long as the people bring her food, she doesn't really care. There was one part of the story when Surrak had a sled of food for Atarka but some sick dragon attacked the sled crew, who were able to kill the rogue dragon and then they ate it because they had no food other than the food for Atarka. When they got back to camp someone told Atarka that Surrak said it was okay to eat the dragon. Atarka was like "whatever, survival of the fittest".
No real change.

Abzan -> Dromoka
You had an afterlife and everyone from the afterlife helped the descendants. The Abzan were the strongest clan before. Dromoka was like 'EY CUT IT OUT'and then they did to stop the dragon sieges. Now they get Collected Company but are forced to play all creatures CMC 3 or less.
You lose Rhino but get CoCo and Dromoka's Command.
Worse off because you lose Siege Rhino. Dromoka is basically an overbearing religious parent.
>>
>>51865977
>have 'great and wise' ancestors
>constantly telling you to slam your people into brick dragon walls and die because muh traditions
More like imagine you found out your dead gramps kept telling your dad to stab you in the ass until your dad told them to fuck off.
>>
>>51866140
>>51866140
You can also look at the Khans from KTK to see how things went.

Narset Enlightened Master -> Transcendent
No longer a legendary creature for EDH but in general, an improvement.

Sidisi Brood Tyrant -> Undead Vizier
ded

Zurgo Helmsmasher -> Bellstriker
Okay, this one is worse for the Khan but the clan seems mostly improved.

Surrak Dragonclaw -> Huntcaller
No change

Anafenza Foremost -> Kin-Tree Spirit
ded
>>
File: dragon fucking shits.jpg (55KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
dragon fucking shits.jpg
55KB, 700x500px
>>51866162
Fuck up out of here, dragon lover.
>>
>>51866140
>Mardu
>mostly better
except that the dragons kill and destroy even their own for the lulz and the Mardu have degenerated into cannibals. They are definitly at the worse end
>>
>>51866198
>calling the Kolaghan improved
if you are a dragon, sure. What humanoid does not like to raid and kill out of fear for their dragonlord's wraith?
>>
>>51865264
Ojutai and his dragons still care about humans, though, even if it is the care of a farmer tending to his livestock. That is more than Atarka or Silumgar do for their subjects
>inb4 muh khanfall, muh records and muh Shu Yun
>>
>>51866162
They would have won if shitbag sarkhan didnt go back in time. The ghosts were right.
>>
>>51866253
Dont forget, all their healers are fucking dead, so if you get hurt you get eaten by your tribesmen.
>>
>>51866291
>#KillUgin
>#BolasDidNothingWrong
>>
>>51866235
>>51866253
I think the Mardu gets and lose something.
They degraded into barbarians but they lose the restraints of civilizations and become free. Basically they became warhammer speed freek orks.

Temur and Sultai got it the worst.
One become food monkeymen for the dragons, the other got mass zombified.
>>
>>51862611
As fun as that would be wizards is phasing out protection. So don't get your hopes up. Also future sight cards are probably to strong for current design.
>>
>>51866361
They completely lost their freedom, the mardu used to protect each other and fight as proud warriors. They have to retard rush forward and if they are lucky their dragon masters will kill their enemies instead of them. They have no purpose now and are lucky to even be allowed to live day to day. Hell their dragonspeaker just gets yelled at because kologhan thinks its funny to autisticly screech at him.
>>
>>51866459
>wizards is phasing out protection
That has already happened. What they got rid of was protection as an evergreen keyword and in particular protection from specific colors. You could still have one or two rates or mythics in a set with a weird protection such as protection from spells, or "you have protection from creatures".
>>
>>51866285

No they don't. The guide states that dragons in the Ojutai can murder people if they want and get away with it
>>
>>51865490

Being a genocidal, self-righteous cunt

>>51865672

>become a socially darwinistic fascist state
>"best deal"

Still shit
>>
>sarkhan reintroduces red magic to the greater ojutai clan against narsets wishes
>this begins a chain of events causing the draconic genocide of tarkir
>the jacetice league gets summoned by narset save the world
>arlinn kord style substory is tibalt has decided to hang out with the kolaghan tribe because its funny to him
>zurgo rips off his head as a twist of fate to parallel him killing narset in the original timeline
>Ugin does something relevant
Would you play this tarkir block?
>>
>>51866957
Draconic genocide? No, would Not play.
>>
File: yourbestnightmare.png (435KB, 531x372px) Image search: [Google]
yourbestnightmare.png
435KB, 531x372px
>>51862848
Hey aren't you the guy who complains about U in EDH threads?

Also what's your message to blue players everywhere?
t. Almost exclusive Blue Player
>>
>>51866957
Would only play if half of the Jacevengers would die and if we get a one mana tibalt Planeswalkercard, which is uberterrible.
>>
>>51866985
No the dragons start genociding all the mortals trying to finish what they started at the khanfall.
>>
>>51866861
yeah, but they do not get out of their way to murder people for the lulz like Kolaghan
>>
File: Image.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>51866607
Yeah I know. It is already gone, the best example of this is that 3/1 that can't be blocked by artifacts. In the fun past he would have had protection from artifacts. On the other hand though I am pretty sure pro artifacts stops crewing because it is a targeted ability of the artifact.
>>
>>51867460
Crewing doesn't target. Protection is partially there, what's gone is color hate (Protection from colors, Landwalk) which is actually fairly recent (after ORI, and regeneration is gone after SOI)
>>
>>51867048

Boring. I want Rebels of Tarkir, where we have dragons and humanoids on both sides and the Wedges are brought back. Also I'd like to a very conflicted Sarkhan on where he stands regarding the situation, because on one hand the dragons are good for Tarkir. But on the other the Dragonlords aren't that different from the Khans and Dragons are rebelling against them too.

I guess Narset could have joined the Gatewatch at this point so the rest of the Jacestice League doesn't get involved.
>>
>>51867543
You are right crewing doesn't target. I am just sad to see protection and landwalk go. They are really fun. Hopefully we will see some more stuff like prevent combat damage to this creature dealt by red sources. More of a piecemealing out of the four things protection does.
>>
>>51867757
That was kinda done In Origins (Gaia's Revenge), but I personally don't like color hate except for a specific case
>>
>>51867782
Gaea's Revenge is an older card thats probably why it had that. I like it usually cause it forces the color to play how it normally doesn't like or for you to have a deserve strategy. I mean even with my above example its not like red doesn't have ways of doing non combat damage. Now on a larger creature its more threatening but thats probably a rare/ bomb and even then its only useful against one color. Which I frankly find more of a problem then the fact that one color is weak to it.
>>
>>51866198
Sidisi doesn't seem to mind being dead all that much.
>>
>>51868051
tru but she doesn't like that silumgar is in charge
>>
>>51867782
Origins was the last hurrah of color protection which is why someone managed to convince the bosses to reprint Piledriver in modern
>>
>>51869121
rip hope for master of waves type dudes in amonkhet with devotion confirmed
>>
>>51862577
>Dacks literally going to steal elspeth
That plotlines never going to get followed up.
>>
>>51869544
the command zone game knights video Jimmy turned an elspeth into an artifact and then stole it.
>>
>>51867732
I want dragons that rebel against the dragonlords after becoming infused with the wedge colour ( red ojutai dragons, white kolaghan dragons)
>>
>>51869717
That is like the most useless reference ever. I mean it doesn't address anything they said. If anything at all it just convinces me to never watch/listen to the Command Zone, which I assume is a EDH podcast.

Christ, now I'm angry for no reason.

What kind of sorry fuck listens to an EDH podcast to actually get anything out of it. Yunno that one guy at the store who has 30 fucking EDH decks - that's the sort of guy who listens to EDH podcasts and they only do it because there's nobody else at the store stupid enough to circle jerk with over their excessively ridiculous EDH collection.
>>
>>51852764

>The bad guy hasn't won since what, Scars of Mirrodin?

Since Khans
>implying the dragons destroying cool khans structure were a good thing
>>
>>51870432
SOI you mean.
>implying Nahiri wasn't the villain
>>
>>51870578
Wait do people seriously unironically support Nahiri?
>>
>>51870752
Oh, my sweet summer child. You could barely tell who was seriously in support of the chalky bitch and who was just havin' a giggle during that whole block.
>>
>>51870785
Innistrad truly only has one hero and it's Sigarda.
>>
>>51870752
Because Sorin deserves it.
>>
>>51850999
I love Gideon but I wish he got a cool weapon instead of those gay whipclaws.
>>
>>51870752
Sorin is an angsty emo fuck, Nahiri is the new hotness
>>
>>51870239

Me too. I want dragons who see that the Khan's ways were good, or atleast get led down the same path. Dromoka Dragons who want to reconnect with their favorite humans who have passed on adds Black to them, Ojutai dragons who question the Great Teacher try to find their own individual paths adds red, Silumgar dragon who bemoans the fact they used to be hunters and wants to find that again adds green, Kolaghan dragons who see that by supporting and caring for one another makes the whole group stronger which adds white, a Atarka dragon finds a group of Shamans who still practice and learn that there is more to life than just eating and want to discover more which of course adds Blue.

I also know that Surrak is going to punch out Atarka and eat her.
>>
File: vraska.jpg (23KB, 200x345px) Image search: [Google]
vraska.jpg
23KB, 200x345px
>>51864875

She wasn't trying to take over Ravnica, she was trying to destroy the government in the city, which by extension would include the guildpact.

And that's because they imprisoned her and kindly beat her (and a lot of Golgari) up quite a bit. She's not exactly what you'd call evil, and with that past I can't see her helping Bolas.

It doesn't matter though, since she'll be back in Atlazan, not Amonkhet
>>
>>51850999
Hey has a beard now, not just the fugly chops, eh?
>>
>>51862305
I expect him to be the villain of Atlazan block.
>>
>>51870829
This guy knows whats up
>>
>>51871955
But Garruk did nothing wrong.
>>
>>51872061
Look man, you can't just go lumbering around the multiverse chopping peoples heads of and not expect to be called a villain.
>>
>>51872110
Isn't one of the members of Gatewatch just a bitch who bargains with demons so she retain her youth and power? How is she not the villain?
>>
>>51870752
I don't support Nahiri, I simply point out that Sorin is responsible for transforming her into a colossal asshole, by being a colossal asshole towards her.
>>
>>51872194
Because she teamed up with the heroes. That automatically makes her a "good guy," because fuck you, this is a superhero story.
>>
>>51872194
She's a woman.
>>
>>51870829

I dunno, Sigarda was practically the damsel in distress the entire block. Thalia did all the fucking work.
>>
>>51872194

She IS a villain, but is trying, badly, to convince Gideon that she is not and Jace wants her where he can keep an eye on her. She's going to stab the gatewatch in the back the moment a better deal comes along and Gideon and Nissa seem well aware of that while Chandra and Jace trust her a little after she saved their lives on Innistrad.
>>
>>51872234
Ugin is responsible for transforming them into colossal assholes by not telling them how to destroy the eldrazi titans.
Sorin spent centuries casually casting Damnation on Kozilek and watching it respawn of course they would think "eldrazi in your house" means you don't have a home anymore and are entitled to some dramatic vengeance.

Don't listen to dragons.
>>
>>51872238
Isn't she also the reason Garruk has a murder boner for planeswalkers now?
>>
>>51872286
So she's going to be a villain again by Hour of Devastation?
>>
>>51872458

It's fairly likely she will betray the Gatewatch when it's clear Bolas is going to push their shit in after they've helped her get rid of demon #3.

She'll feel a pang about it, probably, but after her talk with Tezz she'll be wanting to remind herself she can throw them away whenever it suits her (her reaction to Chandra's near-death in the explosion does drive home she doesn't actually CARE about any of them except maybe Jace a bit, but tries to feign otherwise) and Lil is the type of person to either NOPE out or cut a deal when the gatewatch goes up against something that they are completely fucked against. She only fought Emrakul because she was under the mistaken impression she could take it with the Chain Veil.
>>
>>51871383
Fuck that, I want wedges and dragon genocide.

REMOVE LIZARD
>>
I really hope Bolas's new Planeswalker card doesn't get pushed back to the 2nd Amonkhet set.

My Grixis Control deck can't wait for him.
>>
File: SorinMarkov_01.jpg (707KB, 1250x2000px) Image search: [Google]
SorinMarkov_01.jpg
707KB, 1250x2000px
>>51862768
Still wish Wizards did something with this digital art they commissioned in 2015.

Being Sorinfag is suffering.
>>
Will all the lands be full art or just some?
>>
>>51864497
>>51863754

Vraska isn't evil. She's a morally dubious vigilante. Her mantra is "give people the death they deserve". She travels the multiverse murdering the evil and the corrupt. She sure as hell wouldn't work with Bolas.

Her encounter with Jace was very much out of character though. At least her original character. They didn't really go into her motives but I assume she wanted to take over Ravnica to reform it.
>>
>>51873211
1 in 4 lands will be full art. The ones that they've shown are the only full art in the set. HoD might have its own but they haven't confirmed or denied anything.
>>
>>51873368

That sucks to hear: I love going for full variation in my full art lands.
>>
>>51873368
It would be sick if the HoD lands had the suns in all the arts aligned with the bolas horns like his floating egg-thingy and it was just the same art from the Amonkhet fullarts but all the cityscapes were crumbling.
>>
>>51874485
if there isn't a cycle of ten plagues I'll cry
>>
>>51864908
That's a tail you moran.
>>
>>51874834
>Moran
wat
>>
File: morans.jpg (40KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
morans.jpg
40KB, 480x468px
>>51874893

Wow, either amazing bait or you must be pretty new to the internet.
>>
>>51872530
I doubt she'd cut a deal. It seemed pretty clear last time she met Bolas that she's not interested in taking any kind of deal that enslaves her to someone. The only reason she tolerates the gatewatch is because they're ostensibly equals, and she can NOPE out anytime she wants.
>>
File: He2VX43.jpg (67KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
He2VX43.jpg
67KB, 1200x900px
THE CROCODILE IS BLACK

I REPEAT

THE CROCODILE IS BLACK
>>
File: 6a4j4ja.jpg (81KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
6a4j4ja.jpg
81KB, 1200x900px
>>51875387

the others
>>
File: K8MWuQo.jpg (78KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
K8MWuQo.jpg
78KB, 1200x900px
>>51875405
>>
File: OribK7Z.jpg (76KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
OribK7Z.jpg
76KB, 1200x900px
>>51875431
>>
File: NNd2Tra.jpg (85KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
NNd2Tra.jpg
85KB, 1200x900px
>>51875452

and snek
>>
>>51875476

>Things Sorin must do when he tears down that wall
>Kill Nahiri
>Sue Bolas for plagiarizing the sweet logo he made up for his daughteru
>>
>>51875387
Neat, I thought for sure that Sobek was Jund. Guess he's Grixis or Mono-B?
>>
>>51853440

Sherlock Holmes was fine.

Even the Last stand was "ok". It just had the problem every super-hero Fox produced movie has in that the executives want EVERYBODY to be in the fucking movie.

Say what you will about Marvel and the Marvel movies, but they do know how to spread out their movies and save their big team-ups. Remember Amazing spider man 2 and the 6 villians it had, or spider man 3 with its 4 villians?
>>
>>51875387
I guarantee Crocodile Rock there is Red and Lady Anubis is the Black one.
>>
>>51875959
Yeah it makes a lot of sense that the red god is surrounded by zombies, I agree
>>
>>51875972
Crocodiles are traditionally Green or Black, Bolas is associated with 3-color magic, red zombies make sense in Jund colors. Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>51876026
Are you out of breath from doing so many mental gymnastics?
>>
>>51876035
Just wait and see. Jund Crocodile, Grixis Jackal, Esper Lioness, Bant Ibis, Naya Snek
>>
>>51875387
It's gonna be Jund, so
confirmed
>>
>>51876078
>Esper Lioness, Bant Ibis
You fucking what
>>
>>51876109
Ibis god is flying above a fertile river valley, Lioness god is standing in front of a citadel of mummies.
>>
>>51875972
The cat also has mummies.
And no those aren't normal guards, Snek's are normal guards, those are mummies.
>>
File: 1454204194682.gif (1011KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1454204194682.gif
1011KB, 500x281px
>>51875387
Croco looks badass.
>>
File: Amonkhet_Wallpaper.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet_Wallpaper.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
>>51875387
I like how in this one croco god is walking through the city like a normal guy in his way pay some bills.
>>
>>51872300
Only because when he attacked her she chose to curse him with the chain veil instead of just murdering him there.
I mean, don't get me wrong, she's a bitch, but Garruk started that one.
>>
>>51877821
I spy with my little eye, Aven, Ainok, KANGZ, and some sort of humanoid sheep person?
>>
>>51875387
Source?
Unless there isn't one, and the real set-up is more like this:
White: Cat
Blue: Ibis
Black: Dog
Red: Crocodile
Green: Snake

Mostly because Black God being Dog makes most sense since Amonkhet is based on Egypt, and dogs (especially the dog god Set) were associated with death and the underworld
>>
>>51877889
Looks like humans with costumes to me.
>>
File: IMG_6983.jpg (1MB, 848x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6983.jpg
1MB, 848x2500px
Bant, Esper, Grixis, Jund, Naya?
>>
>>51878427
You got Esper and Bant backwards, but otherwise yeah.
>>
>>51878445
Cat is White/Bant, Ibis is Blue/Esper
>>
>>51878445
>The big flying bird in Bant and not Esper
>The archer cat is in Esper and not Bant
I almost want to hear your bad logic for this.
>>
>>51878462
I disagree, Cat has mummies in the background of her art, so there has to be some black there unless we're getting mono-white mummies.
>>
>>51878482
All of Amonkhet is probably gonna have a zombie subtheme, so I don't think them being in the background of a giant creature is enough to justify the thought that that creature will have to do with zombies.
Maybe they're just there as replacements to the real life ancient Egypt's slaves - zombies used to construct pyramids instead. (since Wizards would probably get blasted about using actual slavery)
>>
>>51878462

Cat should be Naya because those are the three colors cats are most in. Crocodile should be Jund because Black and Green are the two Crocodile colors, and there's that Croco-Dragon artwork we've seen that make it Jund.

I don't give a shit what colors the others are.
>>
>>51878569
I'm mostly thinking about the Ancient Egyptian set theme base when considering colors, not the other planes in Magic.
Ancient Egypt worshiped cats and thought of them as divine beings, a very White path of thought.

>>51878482
"Could a zombie ever be white?

It’s possible in the right circumstances, in a world where it flavorfully makes sense. Admittedly, it’s not most worlds." - brom one of MaRo's Blogatog questions
>>
>>51878427

Maybe Enemy colors? Cat is Boros, Bird is Izzet, Croc is Golgari, Jackel is Orzhov, and Snake is Simic?
>>
>>51878594

That still doesn't rule out Naya.
>>
>>51878482
It's looking more and more like shards to me.
>Ibix
Bant, of course MaRo's favorite would be a hooknose
>Cat
Esper
Cats are traditionally white and I really doubt mummies would be white since Liliana seems to like them.
>Croc
Grixis, his staff is Bola's head with a massive emphasis on the Gem of Becoming.
>Jackal
Jund, the shard of carrion feeders
>Snek
Naya, because yes.

Then again, their eyes are colored.
>Cat are white
>Jackal are blue
>Ibix are black
>Crock are red
>Snek are green
So we may be getting toyed with.
>>
>>51878480
>Bird based on Thoth, Scribe/Lawgiver deity concerned with Astrology, Magic, and Botany
>>
>>51878482
>unless we're getting mono-white mummies.
Even if this is the case, undead not having black is very strange. We've already seen Lili having mummies being subservient to her. Although I suppose SOI had mono blue skaabs.
I'm open to EsperCat and BantBird.
>>
>>51878696
>Astrology and Magic
Sounds like magic and magic science to me. Botany making it green is a bit of a stretch.

More importantly the cat is an archer. Archer's in MTG are primarily White and Green. Cat's are mostly white and Green.

Finally, we're dealing with Wizards here. You can tell which color they focus on literally by the color of their clothes.
Cat has pure white clothes, so White is the focus color. Unless they go full retard like the clans, that means the cat is Bant while the very blue tinted bird is going to be Esper.
>>
>>51878646
I agree that it's shards, though just by the colors in the artwork I think you've got Croc and Jackal backwards.
>>
>>51878767
Kruphix sets a precedent for a god of Knowledge being U/G.
>>
Maybe they are shards but the Color Focus is shifted? Like, instead of Naya being Green it's White, Bant is Blue, Esper is Black, Grixis is Red, and Jund is Green?
>>
>>51878804
Kruphix was knowledge and insight.

Astrology is "Magic Science" which is different to Wizards.
Astrology is looking and studying shit. Kruphix and his followers didn't study, they had insight on how the world worked, and Kruphix had the most because he knew all.

>>51878813
So Wizards going full retard like they did with the clans?
>>
>>51878607
We get some good Simic Snakes and I'll be pretty happy. My EDH deck needs them.
>>
>>51878850

How exactly did they fuck up the Tarkir Clans?
>>
>>51867003
This card is proof that MaRo is a hack.
>>
>>51867757
Banding needs a revival. It was appropriate counterplay for Trample.
>>
>>51878896
Tarkir clans were Wedge colors but off-center. Instead of the Mutual enemy color being the primary color, it was one of the two allied colors.

For example, Red/White/Black was centered in Red, not White.
>>
>>51878896
The focus color for the wedges were supposed to be the enemy color, to have the enemy color controlling it's opposites.
The white focused shard is Bant, with its two allies.
The white focused wedge should of been Mardu, not Abzan.
The weird "focus on one of the enemy colors" was decided in part so they could make ally colored broods out of them.
So the end result was that instead of getting "What order does White make out of the passion of red and the ambition of black." We got "Red and Black do their usual shit and drag white along for the ride."
>>
File: Derevi a best.jpg (139KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
Derevi a best.jpg
139KB, 620x453px
Somebody say Bant Bird?
>>
>>51878945
This.
Mardu should have been glory chasers high as fuck on "Witness me Temujin!" vives. Not cannibal orks barely kept in check by leader worship.
Temur are not that far from what would be right: Shamanistic people seeking knowledge and reason in the chaos of nature. If anything they missed an emphasis on teaching their findings and that's it.
Abzan should have been way more necromantic and imperialistic. More Cyrus II's Persia with zombie and spirit "Immortal" soldiers. Less traveling market with guards for show.
Jeskai should have been much more religiously dogmatic and devout, like actual monks. You don't learn martial arts because you love learning, you learn martial arts because perfecting your body is the first step to perfecting your mind and spirit and that requires extreme passion to sustain extreme pain.
Sultai should have been Rajputs. Martial strenght exalted by pride and barely contained by patriarchal wisdom.

But meh, KTK will be a decade old before we have another chance at wedges because MaRo doesn't like them.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51852070
W-what about colorless artifacts friend?
Surely they aren't as bad. I R-run Prototype portal and other jank, p-please don't hate me.

>>51851315
Meren players, not decks. Every Meren player I've met makes a big deal out of the fact they play Meren, and how they "feel bad" when they bring her out. Then I'm usually the only guy to pack geavehate and they get upset I've disrupted their waifu.

Nothing against Meren, good commander, but her players usually suck.
>>
>>51874834
It's actually a loincloth.

>>51877821
Does that ship in the distance remind anyone else of Treasure Cruise?
>>
>>51878427
>wIZArds litterally puts the god's art in WUBRG order
>you dumb asses still argue over their color alignment
you noobs
>>
>>51872694
Not as long as Sarkhan lives. And since humanoids are literally lesser lifeforms than dragons, it is only right that they rule them. We see on other planes what happens when humanoids are allowed to run rampant
>>
>>51878265
you are so wrong. Set was associated with deserts, storms and chaos. That sounds more Red than Black. Also, what deal would a crocodile have at red? Sobek was more of a Nile-entity, so he fits green better. And Apophis was literally the entity who would devour the sun, so Black goes for the serpent
>>
>>51878265
The Croco is surrounded by undead, if you look closely. Looks like this shows that it will be at least black influenced
>>
>>51875764
True, Sherlock Holmes was very fine.

I even liked X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins (whoever did that, was about the same time) for that matter.
X-Men 3 was just much less focused, a bit of a mess and I worry that even ripping off good parts like the Wolverine+Phoenix climax will be part of a paint-by-numbers package.
>>
>>51872530
Will she? I thought she was grooming the gatewatchers so they would help her deal with the demons she is assassinating
>>
>>51876078
Maybe they're artifact creatures Bolas created to "rule' Amonkhet.
>>
>>51880906
This

White: Cat (Waring lots of white, tons of precedence for cat people in white for MTG)
Blue: Bird (Evokes Thoth like fuck)
Black: Crocodile (Crocs are too watery to be red, whereas Viashino are more lizard people in vibe. Also zombies in art pretty much settles it.)
Red: Dog
Green: Snake

>>51878427
Shards could indeed be what to expect. Though I think mono color would be just fine too.

Anyway, I think the bird among these makes me think that those Masks aren't so. The narrow slender shape for its head doesn't allow for a human-like head to be masked for it.
These are effectively animal-headed people.
>>
>>51881060
You do realize the croc god isn't even wearing a mask?
>>
>>51875387
>>51876089
>>51875700

No, it's going to be Red but with the twist that Red also gets zombies.

Under your logic, the cat dog is also Black
>>
>>51881426
source? Red doesn't strike me as the colour for zombies and skeletons that surround you
>>
>>51881763

The spoiled crocodile dragon
>>
>>51872812
Being an Avafag is worse, daddy.
>>
>>51856871
When she tried to channel Innistrad's mana it almost killed her for having the nerve to try. Nissa is gonna have to learn that you can't hug every plane and expect it to hug back.
>>
>>51883136
I don't think it ever killed her, she pretty much didn't really give it a actual try, but she did mess around with those zombie eating plants.
>>
>>51883208
She most definitely tried, and Innistrad smacked her shit in. Did you not read that story?
>>
>>51880896
You are overthinking it. WotC aren't trying to make a faithful adaption of Egyptian mythology but only meet people's expectations, and most people only know them as "those gods with animal heads" and most certainly don't know what they were gods of.
>>
>>51883243
I probably forgot that part. All I remember is the Bloodbriar flavor text and saying that Channel Fireball won't work.

>>51883275
You know I wonder how it is from a scale of Kamigawa to Theros, given how those were extremes.
>>
>>51883290
Theros isn't an extreme though. It's how they handle real world mythology now.
>>
>>51883335
To be honest I could've sworn many people disliked theros because it was too bare.
>>
>>51882867
Could be Kolaghan-colored
>>
>>51883350
That's a relatively niche group of players, though it's also a very visible group because they are largely the same group of people who discuss Magic on the internet and read a whole lot of Wikipedia articles on ancient cultures and religions.

Most Magic players won't ever even visit the mothership though, and those are largely the same people who got confused by and hated Kamigawa but loved Theros.
>>
>>51883409
Well then again it could be just mechanics, given how Theros wanted to be a Enchantment block but wasn't.
>>
>>51871796
If you kill the president you are taking over, even if you dont plan on doing anything afterwards.
>>
So let's pretend Wizards decides to revisit Kamigawa. Given that the current Magic storyline is some 10,000 years or so after the events of the original Kamigawa, what pop-culture direction do you think they'll take the set rather than the very well done Shito mythology? Are we gonna get "Naruto/Bleach" the plane, or maybe they'll go for a more Sengoku style direction focusing on the different Kamigawa clans vying for power? Or option three we never go back so the Jacestice League never sets foot on Kamigawa?
>>
>>51883656
kamigawa was so unpopular its only shot at being a set is an invasion block.
>>
>>51883656
From the last story on there Kamigawa is still Shinto. Doesn't mean we're ever going back.
>>
>>51883448
The whole enchantment thing was certainly a marketing error and because of it there was some backlash against the block. The problem was that WotC had underestimated how much people wanted an enchantments matters block, because in their minds Urza's block had already done that, incidentally, naming the enchantment block after the multiverse's greatest artificer was also a gigantic marketing blunder, and because of it they also underestimated how the public would react when they found out that enchantments were a bigger deal than normal on Theros.

The block was never actually intended to be an enchantments matter block, but a Greek mythology block in much the same way that Innistrad had been the horror block and kamigawa had been the Japanese block, and the enchantment subtheme grew out of that.
>>
>>51883656
Ninjustu in the first set, bushido again, Totem Armor or Bestow for guardian spirits. not-sengoku clans wit "devotion to clan x".

It's not hard to make it work, you just need to convince wizards it was the sets crappy powerful (which isn't entirely fair to say since it followed MIRRODIN but still) and parasitic mechanics and not the setting like they think it is. I'd be willing to be one or two of the developers just despises the setting and blames the sets failure on that.
>>
>>51883785
>I'd be willing to be one or two of the developers
And I'd bet against you and become a little bit richer. WotC has a market research team who's job literally is to find out what people like and dislike about each of their sets.
>>
>>51883875

Combine most people not getting the Shinto setting and the set being super low powered especially in comparison to Mirrodin and you'll see why Kamigawa didn't sell well. A more "pop-culture" Japanese set could easily do well even set in Kamigawa.
>>
>>51883924
>A more "pop-culture" Japanese set could easily do well
Yes.

>even set in Kamigawa
There's many problems with this. The first being that there's very little demand for a return to Kamigawa and the few people who want to return also liked it because it was so authentic. Second, there' a lot of people who didn't like the setting and still remember it, and many of those people wouldn't buy packs based on the name alone. Third, WotC doesn't like to change the characteristics of their planes too much. Kamigawa is, and probably always will be, the plane full of weird shinto spirits, which is exactly the part of the setting that turned people off it.
>>
>>51851074
Jorah Gideon is my favorite. Gatecrash ones (Champion of Justice and key art) both look great too.

Amonkhet looks like an evil vizier. It's absurd.
>>
>>51883785
>>51883875
>>51883924
So for reference lemme think of all the things wrong with Kamigawa:
>Legendary theme wasn't expressed too much
>Splice was extremely parasitic with the most parasitic card ever evermind
>Soulshift wasn't much
>Not really a fault because EDH wasn't a thing but few legendary creatures were unable to be good commanders. (Requiring to cast from your hand or having to let it die for it's effect)
>Low power block compared to insane Mirrordin
>Some Kami were legendary, some not, which causes confusion.
>Soulshift was locked to Spirits and isn't really that notable.
>mechanics that want you to not play spells (sweep, wisdom) not to mention sweep being only in a few cards.

However it honestly is not too bad of a set. It really can mesh with other sets (Sweep would be nice in Zendikar, soulshift in innistrad).
>>
>>51884110
you forgot all the cards that were so good in an attempt to stay relvant after mirrodin that they needed to be banned in modern.
>>
>>51872286
Lili is not going to backstab the gatewatch. She should and it would make for potentially interesting directions; but too many special snowflakes relate to her and the idea of turning their self-insert into a 'villain' would trigger them to the point of rioting. Look at the Nahiri blowback and how Wizards is reluctant to openly call her a villain (not saying they don't, just saying that you really have to press the issue to get them to admit it)
>>
>>51883656

Myojin can travel within planes, right? Night's reach brought Toshi Umezawa to Dominaria.

Since Hidetsugu fused with the red one iirc have him invade a plane with a horde of red oni abominations. I'd vote for Theros.
>>
>>51884069
>which is exactly the part of the setting that turned people off it.

Those people are wrong and dumb.
>>
>>51884390
Wrong, thats actually a black mechanic and its aether manipulation. Baron sengir was able to make the aether barrier of his plane so dense planeswalkers were unable to penetrate at their strongest. The sundering increased the density between worlds and that is why planar portals ceased to work until rashmi happened. The miyojin of nights reach was able to use this power to slip between worlds as a sort of unnatural planeswalker.
>>
>>51884390

I think the Myojin of Night's Reach could only travel to different planes because the planar membrane was so fucked up from the Kami War.
>>
>>51883656

All ninjas and samurais and zero spirits

This is why I applaud Creative for NEVER going to return to Kamigawa, if Magic's sex-starved cishet boy fanbase is so retarded
>>
>>51884790
Probably not zero spirits, but that element would definitely need to be downplayed.

Ninjas not being in all three sets was probably the biggest mistake from a marketing standpoint that entire block. Ninjas was pretty much *the* thing people expected when they heard that there was going to be Japan block. And then they only appeared in the middle set.

Yeah, sure. Ninjas aren't really a big thing in the source material, but still. It seems rather obvious in hindsight at least.

Then again. Kamigawa had the same problem as Kaladesh, where the mythology that would have been portrayed actually is a living tactics religion for many people. Doing a pop culture rendition of Shintoism would probably have offended people for real, so they were as faithful to the source material as possible and it confused people who weren't familiar with it. In Kaladesh they went the opposite route and decided to include no references to the mythology which instead disappointed a bunch of people who wanted Magic's take of Hinduism.
>>
>>51884790
>This is why I applaud Creative for NEVER going to return to Kamigawa, if Magic's sex-starved cishet boy fanbase is so retarded

I'm not sure what that last bit has to do with Kamigawa.
>>
>>51850999
No but seriously, is Gideon 30 and weathered as fuck, or Jackie Chan status and actually in his 60s but still physically a powerhouse?
>>
>>51886377
Iirc, Gideon is supposed to be about 27.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.