[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting into 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Emperor_Upon_Throne.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Upon_Throne.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
Hello /tg!
I've been wanting to get into 40k for a while, and I've not really got any idea on where to start. A few mates directed me here, so I thought why not ask here?
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone of you fine chaps would be able to give me a rundown of the armies and how they play? I'm thinking of either starting off with dark/blood angels or space wolves, mostly because I find the designs pretty cool. Cheers!
>>
>>51809098

1d4chan isn't necessarily the best resource for 40k stuff, but the links to individual army pages have some useful tips and tricks. As for how each army plays, you may want to head over to the 40k general (>>51805158) - there's usually a fairly good spread of armies on there so people can speak from experience.
>>
>>51809098
Thanks to Dark Vengeance and Ebay, Dark Angels are probably the cheapest army to collect right now. Marines are also fun and fairly easy to play and paint, so if you like their fluff that's a great place to start.
>>
>>51809320
Oh, okay. Thanks man!
>>
>>51809098
>>51809320

Derp, forgot the 1d4chan link

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics
>>
>>51809098

The fact that you like the designs is the most important part. Most armies can flex a little bit how they play, fast or slow, armored or non, shooting or melee, but how the models look will be where you spend the most time and effort, and why we play this game with miniatures.

Dark Angels have a lot of green, black, bone, and robes. Their main appeal is bikes and plasma guns, or you can play all terminators but those aren't too good at the moment.

Blood Angels are average with no real strong specialties, however, they specialize in tank-melting close range melta weaponry and tons of bloodthirsty close combat attacks using basic weaponry. They have a lot of red, gold, and black in their schemes.

Space Wolves don't have any successor chapters, so if you play them, you are playing THE Space Wolves, or the lost 13th or something like that, meaning a lot of greys or blue greys, and a lot of viking beards, bare heads, wolves, wolf skins, wolf tail decorations, and viking runes. Their strength is quick and strong close combat with a lot of wolves, werewolves, and wolf riders with powerful weaponry. They have unique ice axes, ice claws, and ice ray guns.
>>
>>51809098
>I've been wanting to get into 40k
Don't. It's full of virgin nerds and the rest are Trump worshiping fascists.
>>
>>51810932

What about the ones who are both?
>>
>>51809098
>I've been wanting to get into 40k for a while
It's too late. 40k just got sigmar'd. Everything is going tits up from here on out.
>>
>>51810932
Don't forget the retired neckbeard who still has his favorite army in a box in the attic that is now unplayable. He's married, and much more moderate.
>>
>>51811116
I've been out of 40k for a while. Is that true? It seemed to strive from a distance.
>>
>>51811199
He's exaggerating.
>>
>>51809098
I can't look at that image anymore without chuckling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2nM1GEllg&list=PLyiDf91_bTEgnBN0jAvzNbqzrlMGID5WA&index=2
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.