[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Flash, Bam, Alakazam!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 81

File: ohshi.png (206KB, 583x734px) Image search: [Google]
ohshi.png
206KB, 583x734px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Mad lore from the past
Guest appearances by the entire Opaque Industries staff
Elves
Hit KS goal within 24 hours, now pushing for Stretch Goal at 13,000

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wik

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time

AND THE LEGEND CONTINUES
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (14KB, 438x175px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
14KB, 438x175px
>>51771641
Nice timing guys. Couldn't do it five minutes earlier?
>>
Predictions on how far it will go?
>>
>>51771769
Viral here; good luck guys, this is awesome!
>>
>>51771769
I'd guess at least as far as the Adventure Module but not to Artwork for Magic Compendium.
>>
>>51771641
No roll20 in the op again.

>There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
>The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.
>>
>>51771227
I mean, the Orsimer in Elder Scrolls are quite alright, but I don't actually mind orcs lacking in the tattered realms since I use SoS to run my setting anyways and I find the SoS setting to be hella fresh
>>
Wait what? The additional Visionary Noble+ are gone already. Damn that was fast. Not that I wanted one, it's outside of my price range, but damn that is one popular backer tier it seems.
>>
>Reposting Bones official shill guide:

Now, some of you have been asking what you can do to help support the project even further.
While I'd hesitate to ask more after this stunning performance, I will say the best thing you can do right now is to spread the word via social media or other websites.

It looks like some of you are already on this, as these threads have popped up:
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/5ucnwi/song_of_swords_a_tabletop_rpg_to_reinvent_combat/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

Given people have already started, I’ll say that the best thing you can do to help is to jump in these threads you’ve already made and discuss the game. Keep them alive for as long as you can. Talk about lore, share stories of early campaigns, run fechts if able. These people know nothing of what’s been happening on /tg/ so now is a great time to share the best of it. Don’t worry about doing it all at once, we want to have ongoing conversations, to attract as many people as possible. Ideally we can keep them alive for at least a week with posts every day.

As many have already said this works a lot better when it comes from the community as opposed to the creators. That being said Jimmy, Claymore, and I will still be joining in as often as possible and posting daily.

My only additional ask (which is obvious to you), please follow all forum rules so we don’t get blacklisted. And be as welcoming to new people as possible. Try not to direct them off their respective forum as the idea is to grow a community base there. (unless you're sending them to the Kickstarter or Website).
>>
>Reposting stretch goal survey
Give us some feedback on stretch goals! We made the current ones after reviewing old surveys and reviewing our estimated budget and work capacity. We put a lot of thought into them but I’d love to hear more directly on what would get you guys excited:

http://freesuggestionbox.com/pub/uaflvev

You can leave suggestions there, as it’s more permanent and easier to review later than an archived thread.

Even though the Kickstarter is live these stretch goals can still change--so now’s the chance to officially tell us what you want.
>>
>>51771641
What was up with that creepy robot face at the end of Jimmy's celebration video anyway?
>>
>>51772646
Someone said he's a Burdinadin serial killer, but I can't find any mention of Jimmy talking about him.
>>
>>51772862
ah, it was on the website at some point.
>>
File: leopard-seal_608_990x742.jpg (95KB, 990x743px) Image search: [Google]
leopard-seal_608_990x742.jpg
95KB, 990x743px
>>51771785
Thanks robot feels man. I still remember hnnghing out of the early EH threads.
>>
File: 1483637958988.jpg (2MB, 1534x2247px) Image search: [Google]
1483637958988.jpg
2MB, 1534x2247px
So what's the future of Ballad?
>>
>>51773360
Soon™.
>>
Jimmy, will Ballad have Rifle Magic like in Youjo Senki?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Bhn6fvUik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1hIT71Elu8

Shooting at multiple targets at the same time, or powering up a bullet.
>>
>>51773725
The fuck is this?

Dragon Ball: WW2 edition?
>>
>>51773886
It's WW1
Some guy in our world dies, talks shit about god, got lets him be reborn as loli with magical prowess (though he is not the only magic user there ) in an alternative histories equivalent of WW1 (It's still Europe).
It's a fun watch. Not particularly good, and not particularly bad imo.
>>
>>51773360
Well obviously if our project is very successful and we manage to pull this puppy off, we'll be able to start looking towards the future, but that's too far ahead to address right now. For now we need to focus on winning this thing.
>>
>>51774679
Nice buzzwords pal.
You're funded, now fuck over here and start a fecht.
>>
>>51774722
Not yet, we're planning one though.
>>
>>51774786
Lu Bu vs Gizka?
>>
>>51774679

Triggered
>>
>>51774679
We elected Trump and I'm tired of winning now.
>>
>>51773951
God didn't plan him to be a super magic loli, God just made him a little orphan girl, but he got himself evaluated for magical aptitude, turned out to be solid, and volunteered in order to be officer track. God probably thought that was bullshit.
>>
>>51775333
If Trump is winning I don't wanna lose

He is
>>
>>51774880
There have been several promises. I think we will have a topical series of fechts very soon, but obviously that one is very near and special to my heart.
>>
>>51776384
Uh oh. Last time Jimmy thought something would happen soon it ended up taking 3 years to happen
>>
>>51776427
But it did happen.
>>
To whoever recommended the 2011 Threee Musketeers, thanks; it's pretty campy fun.
>>
>>51777296
Remember that time when Jill Redfield and Titus Pullo punched Englishmen for an hour?
/sos/ remembers.
>>
>>51771641
The guy on the Kickstarter comments presents an excellent idea about a video example.

Even just Jimmy's voice going over a "So Galiant declares a seven dice thrust and in response Goofus declares a five dice parry."-like script would add a great deal.
>>
>>51777847
Some kinda life-or-death example along the lines of this:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkVTDfxIUI
would hook me right the fuck in.
>>
Aww. I wanted a Visionary Noble PLUS+ but it was gone by the time I got off work. Guess I gotta settle for the non + version
>>
>>51777847
That reminds me. Why did they hire a voice actor when Jimmy already has a beautiful voice?
>>
File: 1442935966747.jpg (302KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1442935966747.jpg
302KB, 721x1024px
>>51773360
Nice piece of official ballad artwork there hombre but I'll raise you three members of glorious Chiron. Chironite Officer, Practitioner of The Way of Five and a Sternritter
>>
>>51778056
Yeah while I would have liked the + version it was about 100 Ausbucks out of my budget so I settled for the non + version. Honestly I'll just be happy to get a piece of work commissioned and put into the rulebook.

Any idea what you'll get them to draw?
>>
>>51779254
An Australian? Lynch him!
>>
>>51779254
Probably one of my older campaign characters.
>>
File: Sukesada-Large.jpg (430KB, 950x4452px) Image search: [Google]
Sukesada-Large.jpg
430KB, 950x4452px
bump
>>
>>51773951
It's only WWI because there wasn't another one before it. It's set in the interbellum period, except minus the archduke assassination.
>>
>>51779676
>not having them so your favorite anime character or sonic oc
>>
>>51780567
>kickstarter just launched
>soaring through stretch goals
>thread still ded
>>
File: moeblob.jpg (189KB, 1290x1554px) Image search: [Google]
moeblob.jpg
189KB, 1290x1554px
>>51780609
>>
>>51780619
We're all in fucking shock dude, I'm still having trouble believing it's actually happening.
>>
>>51780609
All I'm hearing is stat Kirito again.
>>
>>51780938
Do it then faggot.
>>
File: agri.jpg (11KB, 100x132px) Image search: [Google]
agri.jpg
11KB, 100x132px
If we hit 17,000 before this is all over I will drop my folder.
>>
>>51781110
THE PACT IS SEALED
>>
File: Dr Cong I'm CAS.jpg (2MB, 1938x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Cong I'm CAS.jpg
2MB, 1938x1600px
>>51781110
>at least one person is going to give Jimmy money solely to get a hold of his thousands of anime girls
>>
>>51781110
So when are you doing a fecht?
>>
>>51781167
Song of Swords desu
>>
File: 1416971615559.jpg (41KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1416971615559.jpg
41KB, 500x447px
>>51781341
Zell vs Hef fecht when.
>>
>>51782049
We already did that, years ago
Why would we ever use Hef again
>>
>>51781110
This is as good a reason as any to back this project.
>>
>>51782049
Hef evolved into elves, they're called Zells.
>>
File: 1486348610947.jpg (217KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1486348610947.jpg
217KB, 850x850px
>>51775386
You haven't been paying attention.
>>51773951
Less 'lets' and more 'forced'.

The tipping nip in question claimed God wasn't god, and then when questioned as to why everyone was faithless in the modern era said that the luxury and ease of living had destroyed faith as only those in dire straits would ever consider believing in God. The no atheists in foxholes thing.

And so God said, "aight seems fair, you got yourself a deal" and created an entirely new universe on the verge of its first world war and reincarnated the tipping nip as a young girl in a country fighting a war on two fronts in an effort to make her(him) faithful via adversity. The God granted her(him) great talents in magic and continually turns the world against her in an effort to make them become one of faith while the nip is constantly trying to survive and fight against God who he calls "Being X" believing it to not be God at all.
>>
>>51780567

What gives these swords that distinctive wave pattern up along the blade?
>>
>>51779157
Oh shit son, that's actually TWO sternritters.
>>
>>51783102
When the fuck does God interact with her magical aptitude?

>created an entirely new universe
I'm pretty sure it was a preexisting universe. That's implied by the phrasing when he's first reincarnating the MC, and also in that scene where he's talking with other gods before the type 95 miracle.
>>
>>51772492
>>51772499

More of these the better:
http://freesuggestionbox.com/pub/uaflvev

So far popular stuff is Maneuver Cards, Bestiary related products and a a Gizka dakimakura. Weird to me that there's no King requests. Oh well. Guess we'll throw all of those out.

On another note: We're doing a lot of media outreach, but if you happen to be a reader of a blog or youtube channel it doesn't hurt for you to suggest that they check out our kickstarter/do a piece on us.

Nothing persuades bloggers and content creators like hearing from their audience.
>>
>>51783586
I believe it's different hardening. The blade is covered in clay during hardening to make it harder than the spine, or some such.
>>
>>51783705
God created her(his) new body. The overflowing magical talent is so they'll constantly be embroiled in strife. Ordinary people live ordinary lives. This is not the intended goal of Being X
>>
>>51783586
The wavy pattern (the hamon) is unique for every sword and is created during the hardening process. >>51783759 has it. As a note, "modern" katanuhs don't have one naturally. They're given to the blade via wire brushing or acid etching as the modern swords are all made of a singular kind of metal.
>>
>>51783824
>As a note, "modern" katanuhs don't have one naturally. They're given to the blade via wire brushing or acid etching as the modern swords are all made of a singular kind of metal.

There's still a few made the traditional way today in Japan; those will have a properly formed hamon.
>>
>>51783097
that's just a meme. totally.
>>
>>51785300
Memes are stronger than swords
>>
File: sugata-l.jpg (41KB, 137x2854px) Image search: [Google]
sugata-l.jpg
41KB, 137x2854px
>>51783586
Differential quenching. The edge of the blade is covered in a very thin layer of clay, and the spine is covered in a thicker layer. Once that is dry the sword is heated and quenched.

The thin clay on the edge accelerates the cooling rate thanks to the rougher surface texture, hardening the edge thoroughly. The thicker layer decreases cooling by its insulating properties, leaving that part unhardened. The visual differences between the hardened an unhardened parts are then brought out by careful polishing, or by a not so careful polishing and a bit of an acid etch for cheap stuff.

The exact shape of the boundary is controlled by changing the shape of the thicker clay covering.

As a bit of trivia, this differential quenching also puts a good bit of curvature into the blade. Hardened steel is less dense, and thus take sup more space, than unhardened steel. So the edge expands relative to the spine. The residual compressive stress that this puts into the edge should toughen the blade a decent amount, working on the same principles as hardened glass.

This doesn't stop you from making a straight sword of course, you simply forge that with a forward curve to compensate.

>>51783824
>are all made of a singular kind of metal.

Since the hamon isn't the result of a pre-existing inhomogeneity in the steel, like a laminate construction, but one we create with the differential quenching, it can and does appear in swords made form perfectly homogeneous steel. And as martensite and pearlite react differently to etching, etching can be used to bring out a real hamon, and not just to fake one. I can't recall seeing a hamon faked with acid etching to be honest, but I guess someone's tried it at some point.

Wire brushed hamon are mostly a thing on blades that simply will not respond to hardening, so either the really cheap walhangers, or iaito training swords that for legal reason are made of non-ferrous alloys.
>>
>>51785522
Is it bad that I think Katana's without their guards or wraps are sexy as fuck?
>>
File: oy-shobu-bg.jpg (156KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
oy-shobu-bg.jpg
156KB, 1024x1024px
>>51785552
No
>>
>>51785552
That's just called being a normal human being.
>>
>>51783719
Let us know if anyone actually shills for you. I want to see their videos and blog posts or whatever.
>>
Jimmy will you ever run the fecht about that Kamen Burdinadin?
>>
>>51785522
I've heard that a proper polish can cost as much as the blade itself. That conversation was in a showa context though. Do you know how that is with modern methods? Has that been a broadly true statement for a long time?
>>
>>51787311
http://www.campaignmastery.com/blog/basics-for-beginners-11/

Massive blog post about rules systems and campaign structures. He gives us a shout out about halfway in.
>>
>all this talk of Streamlining on the KS page
Remember gents to only trim the fat. If you get a little loose with the scalpel, you'll be damaging the game.
>>
>>51787646
Nice.
>>
So how far do you think this thing will go? Based on the funding drop-off so far, I'm thinking the adventure module will be funded, and probably illustrations for it, but the half-page chapter illustrations for the main book will only be funded if there's a significant push towards the end, and there's no way we're getting the mystery.
>>
>>51788513
i'm just hoping I'll be running my real life campaign in February 2018 when this game is finally out.
>>
>>51788600
>February 2018
>implying they can do this in one (1) year just because they said they could
If the estimate is off by less than 100% I'd be surprised.
>>
>>51788513
Daily averages to hit:

$25,000 Mystery - $367

$23,000 Magic art - $295

$21,000 Core Art - $224

$19,000 Adventure Art - $152

$17,000 Adventure - $81

$15,000 Armour & Weapon Deck - $9
>>
File: dailypledges.png (24KB, 940x270px) Image search: [Google]
dailypledges.png
24KB, 940x270px
>>51789005
Yep.
>>
>>51771641
>>51788513
SoS could be doing WAY better, I think. It's a gritty historical knife-edge tense RPG -- that's what a lot of people want.
>>
>>51789178
Yep. Jimmy and the boys are doing shit at marketing, the only reason this is "successful" is because the goals are so low.
>>
>>51789178
We just need to send the word out more. Print a few fliers and go to your local church tomorrow
>>
>>51789227
I think >>51789211 is closer to the truth -- Opaque need to reach out more to the normies. That one blog was something, at least, but normies are normies.
>>
So, sell me on Song of Swords. What's the point, why should I play it, that sort of thing.
>>
>>51789211
We've put out a lot of tendrils, it just takes a little while to get word back. We've got some fun stuff coming up though.
>>
File: Bizenkuniju.jpg (51KB, 300x1496px) Image search: [Google]
Bizenkuniju.jpg
51KB, 300x1496px
>>51787480
A proper polish today is the same as in the Showa period (having reached the current standard somewhere in the late 19th century or so, earlier than that even top end polishes were probably a bit simpler), and the cost of living in Japan hasn't decreased, so...

Polishing metal to a high standard is always relatively expensive, as it takes a lot of time and work. In this case by a very highly skilled craftsman no less. And a such low end blades may be worth less than a full polish, and their value won't increase by nearly the cost of a polish when treated to one.

A quick google brought up a western polisher who seems decent enough (well, I'm not spotting anything wrong, see pic, so he isn't abhorrently unqualified at least, beyond that I may not be the best judge), he wants 85USD per inch for a full polish. So most katana blades would fall in the 2100-2300USD range there.
>>
File: Palinka Effect.png (62KB, 1262x416px) Image search: [Google]
Palinka Effect.png
62KB, 1262x416px
>>51789288
Do you like gritty, realistic medieval combat where stabbing someone in the crotch is a legitimate way to end a fight quickly?

Do you look at the old AD&D polearm chart and think "That's not autistic enough for my needs"?

Do you like a gonzo fantasy setting with several flavors of crazy elves including pirates, Not-Basques, and, a republic of homicidal brown slavs, Not-Germans trying to fend off an evil forest, Not-Englishmen using longbows in defiance of their Slav conquerors, a Not-Persian Empire that never declined because it drowned the Not-Mongol invaders in bodies, and more?
>>
>>51789458
Would it be good to hack for Warhammer Fantasy (not AoS)?
>>
>>51789483
I've done that before, and it worked well. The Winds of Magic will need homebrewing but the Empire is dead simple since it's basically the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>51789288
People will say "the combat system", or "the historical realism", but that's only the half of it. SoS is the kind of game that will force you to roleplay life and death. When your characters launch a coup, you know they know failure means death. And you know they're doing it because it's their only choice (given their personalities and motivations). The levelling system really helps with this.

Rules-lite systems aren't good for good stories. Crunchy shit like this is.
>>
>>51789358
It's good to see you still around dispensing blade wisdom, KM. Especially at a time like this.
>>
>>51789688
I wouldn't say that they're bad for good stories, but this is certainly fantastic for certain kinds of stories. I try to plan my games as interactive Bernard Cornwell novels, and that works.
>>
>>51789319
Maybe you should have done some of this before launching the kickstarter?
>>
File: sprmnpnch.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
sprmnpnch.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>51789861
You would be surprised at how not seriously people take you when you contact them about an upcoming kickstarter.
>>
>>51790069
Sorry that was me.
>>
>>51790212
Jimmy Jimmy, let's talk about the future! Monsters, what are the sorts of beasties we're going to be encountering that are smaller than like shadow of the colossus things? Like man-sized or a bit larger. Stuff we can fight with conventional rules. I know we've got undead and werewolves and grues, anything else?
>>
>>51790239
There's some scary shit in the Schwarzvald that kills people. That's a ready supply. Also vampires.
>>
File: 1476286510322.jpg (320KB, 1010x989px) Image search: [Google]
1476286510322.jpg
320KB, 1010x989px
>>51790239
Well, we do have some stuff incoming on that note, some of which is sort of secret and I don't want to spoil it, because it was intended for a big fecht. So you'll see that soon.

But on a more general note there are of course all sorts of monsters and beasts of more manageable size for an adventurer to tackle. You've covered a few already, the undead, grues, various lycanthropes. There are more however.

A common threat characters in Tattered Realms might face are the Joinlings. Produced by Pyromancy eons ago, the Joinlings are combinations of man and beast, fused together by magical disaster or cruel experimentation. Some survived the transformation and escaped into the wild, where the fertile ones bred, creating small packs or tribes of man-animal hybrids.

Joinlings are generally primitive, and not all of them can speak. They fear humans (rightly so, in most cases) and often react violently to incursions into their territory. It is not uncommon for groups of them to raid isolated human settlements, either, for tools, goods, or materials.

The Genosian Church has essentially put a Fatwah on the entire species, and while the Dessians are not explicitly opposed to their existence, Sorcerer-Lords, particularly Pyromancers, are very interested in collecting them for vivisection and experimentation. The pyromantic mysteries contained within their flesh could be worth a thousand tons of magestone.

They themselves range from harmless hunter-gatherers to barely-sentient bestial predators--sort of like humans.
>>
>>51790764
There's probably some fucked up shit in the Dwarven/goblin underground and the iron Glades too. And you can't forget about local animals like jackalopes, or the greatest and most terrible monster of all: a motherfucking grizzly bear.
>>
>>51790914
>that last line
It's clever until you think about it a bit. Jimmy, you edgelord, did you just discount all sedentary and agrarian humans?
>>
>>51790956
I had a better joke but I was running out of space, cut me some slack here.
>>
>>51790914
Song of Swords confirmed for furry waifus. In two years when the kickstarter money runs out, we can expect to see a patreon for a vn starring a sorcerer who captures, researches, and produces monstergirls.
>>
>>51790995
Like a fantasy Free Cities? I'm down for that.
>>
File: Jannisaries_Artwork.jpg (178KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Jannisaries_Artwork.jpg
178KB, 1275x1650px
>>51790995
>He does not desire to exterminate furfags for the glory of the Sun
He even called it a Fatwa. We ISIS now. START THE NASHEEDS
>>
>>51790995
>monstergirls
The very height of degeneracy. Oh I've spent a lot of time on 4chan, but not that much.
>>
>>51790914
Wasn't the exact point of not having orcs is to not have guilt free kiling?
>>
http://www.songofswords.net/blog
>>
>>51791255
>Blacksteel Butcher Caught

He can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>51787311
http://swordandscoundrel.blogspot.com/2017/02/song-of-swords-kickstarter.html
This is the blog of one of the Band of Bastards devs.
>>
>>51791250
They seem like they're innocent though, they're just like regular people except they're furries so it's okay to kill them.
>>
File: Eskarne.jpg (2MB, 3000x4624px) Image search: [Google]
Eskarne.jpg
2MB, 3000x4624px
>>51790914
>Animals that can talk
Finally, the humans do something right.
>>
>>51790914
>the Joinlings are combinations of man and beast, fused together by magical disaster or cruel experimentation
oh god it's literally Hef

I thought you didn't want to have purely evil enemies you don't feel bad about killing
>>
>>51791411
>Hef
Were produced by rape monsters, not magic.

Also, literally nothing about that indicated they were evil enemies you shouldn't feel bad about killing.
>>
>>51791411
>>51791250
These aren't monsters that go around raping and killing people, they're the tragic victims of magical experimentation who are pushed out of society because of their changed natures. The most desperate of them might become bandits or raiders, but these are not Warhammer Beastmen or Broo we're talking about here. Much les Hef. Just a weird potential thing for the players to encounter.
>>
>>51791255
>bullethead
Burdinadin have minie balls?
>>
>>51791583
They have machine guns Anon. They've figured out the minie ball by now.
>>
>>51791644
You lie to me. Tell me more.
>>
>>51791658
“Early experiments showed a suppressive effect on enemy personnel merely by activating the device, as the high and sustained
rate of fire is a strong psychological challenge to the advancing enemy to commit to an assault. We have found that a sweeping
field of fire is superior to a penetrating ‘deep’ firing pattern, as it causes the full front ranks to hesitate, thus slowing the overall
alacrity of the unit and allowing for longer sustained fire. At an estimated 200 rounds per minute with a range of nearly 500
yards thanks to the longer barrels and heavier platform, we speculate that two firing teams could repel a force of a thousand men
with relative ease, and given terrain and proper defensive position, possibly as many as four or five times that number.
Considerations include a lack of mobility and an inability to fire and advance, making the weapons most useful in a defensive
capacity or as fire support for advancing troops. Additional research is required, pending another opportunity for field testing.”
Boye Lagetsu, Head of Glade Itsu Artillery Design Bureau
>>
>>51791658
At some point in the rulebook there's a passage where they're describing this test on firepower, and it takes a second but eventually you realize they're describing a machinegun.
>>
>>51791583
Glade Lagu in particular does, albeit not as well thought out as the napoleanic invention. Theirs are simply aerodynamically shaped, they don't have the expanding recess on the back.

Most Burdinadin officers wear crests on their helmets to identify themselves. Arzalluz prefers to go incognito--there is nothing to actually distinguish him from any regular laborer in a ZZB Type 88 environment suit. He claims this helps him track suspects more easily.
>>
File: Arzalluz.jpg (748KB, 2825x3359px) Image search: [Google]
Arzalluz.jpg
748KB, 2825x3359px
>>51792101
Except for the electrified baton and huge-ass shield, right?
>>
>>51792203
The shield is riot-gear, obviously he doesn't carry that puppy around on duty. The baton is rather discrete. Once that comes out though, there's no mistaking him for anything else.
>>
>>51791255
This is the guy who kills people and then frames someone else for the murders so he looks like a hero, right?
>>
File: pardo.jpg (184KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
pardo.jpg
184KB, 800x801px
>>51792311
How could you get that impression? He's simply a proud and noble detective doing his job, not some glory-hound serial killer.
>>
>>51792226
Anything special about that spear slung over his back?
>>
>>51792352
Nothing special, he acquires a Half-Pike with a hook on it after he leaves Glade Lagu. (Fact-finding trip for his new book)
>>
File: 1487461215879.jpg (414KB, 1600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1487461215879.jpg
414KB, 1600x1170px
>>51792956
Fecht when?
>>
File: Nasty Skulker.jpg (223KB, 803x840px) Image search: [Google]
Nasty Skulker.jpg
223KB, 803x840px
Why no goblin love?
>>
>>51793089
We will be having one in the next few days.
The key is formatting it so that the most people can enjoy it.
>>
>>51791038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0p7RMwviUY
GENOSUS AKBAR
>>
>>51792956
What sorta facts?
>>51793239
>The key is formatting it
Jimmy
>>
>>51793239
>The key is formatting it so that the most people can enjoy it.
You mean just doing a normal fecht then.
>>
>>51793239
What are you formatting?

Or are you trying to find a venue where normal non-channers can enjoy it? Because I can't think of one that doesn't require registration.

Either just run a normal fecht for us autists or do a video of one that explains the system so that normies can learn the game.
>>
>>51791494
But these are the ugly dumb brutes (Orcs) you didn't want. Why not just give us Orcs? Why are these fuckers still around if every Genosian kills them on sight?

>they're the tragic victims of magical experimentation

MUH FURSECUTION
>>
File: 1338023841963.gif (479KB, 440x250px) Image search: [Google]
1338023841963.gif
479KB, 440x250px
>>51793772
Shhhhh, no man, this is a cunning plot to get all those Furrybux. Yeah. Coming next week we're doing a magical pony update. Sarah Gizka will have bright fucking purple hair and a cutie mark.

It's all part of the plan. You fools thought this was thinly veiled Nationalist Propaganda, you didn't expect that the FUR AGENDA had infiltrated your ranks!
>>
Jimmy's being a faggot. Let's have a fecht. Pick two warrior types from history, /tg/.
>>
>>51793809
Jaguar Warrior and Picts.
>>
>>51793809
Lu Bu

Alexander The Great
>>
>>51793809
Jaguar Warrior and a Pict does indeed sound bloody fun. Make it so.
>>
>>51793808
Seriously? He would gloat about how there's no "big dumb brute race that exists to be killed" and he adds furries because he wants shekels? At least Orcs are more iconic to fantasy.

When I play Song of Swords with new people I"ll have to say "No, you can't play [Furry Race]"?

Maybe instead of selling out to insert a race that makes no sense to exist, he could do a better job at marketing the game.
>>
I don't think we ever stated those macahutil obsidian-club-sword things in SoS. Did anyone do that? Riddle of Steel had stats for them.
>>
>>51793861
Well first, I didn't gloat about anything. Stop making this adversarial.
Second, they're not furries man, they're like weird pyromancy-warped mongrel-men. A case-in-point of what Pyromancy can do if it is abused. They point is that they aren't a dark horde of rapists gathering on the border of the world of men as orcs are usually depicted.

I mean I guess if you'd like to look at it that way, pig-Joinlings would be kind of like ye porcine orcs. Porcs if you will. You can run with that if you want.

>le marketing
Will you calm down? We're doing great. I don't know how some of you guys manage to spin everything we accomplish into some sort of disaster. I thought it was going to take WEEKS for us to hit our goal and we did it in one day. And we launched on a WEDNESDAY. This is a Christmas miracle in February.
>>
>>51793989
Why are Joinlings still alive if all the Genosians want them dead, and the Church has been around for at least a thousand years? Presumably pre-Genosian religions weren't more kind to them.
>>
>>51793905
1H Sword:
*Macahuitl: 1H/S| 6(+1c) | 8(-1p) | 7(+0b) | Bleed 1, Draw 1 | 6/4 | .5 | 6cp

2H Sword:
*Tbutje Pacho: 2H/M| 7(+2c) | 9(-2p) |8 (+0b) | Bleed 1, Draw 1 | 7/5 | .5 | 1sp

I made this with input from Jimmy I think. This was 2014-2015
>>
>>51794015
Probably the same way Lykov Family survived the communist purges.

Go innawoods to hide.
>>
>>51794015
Pyromancy hasn't been wiped out. More can always be made, I assume?
>>
>>51794015
Most of them are, but it's still a wild continent. There are deep woods and places to hide all over the place, to say nothing of The Hollow. Most people would also rather pretend they aren't real and throw rocks at the ones they see than arm up and go hunt them down in the forest.

But perhaps more importantly, they keep "happening." Pyromancy is a living thing, and all it takes is one prodigious kid losing control of their powers to accidentally meld a bunch of guards with their horses, creating a new band of freaks.
>>
>>51794015
You must consider that much of the wilderness remains unconquered in this time period, there's still vast areas of unworkable/unprofitable land for the pathetic and the persecuted to scrap out a poor living.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (426KB, 1140x1140px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
426KB, 1140x1140px
>>51793989
Oh hey, look what I found under "reee"
>>
File: Jaguar v Pict.png (2MB, 1590x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar v Pict.png
2MB, 1590x1314px
Men who dress as animals vs animals who dress as men. Who will emerge triumphant?
>>
>>
File: WTF.jpg (37KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
37KB, 800x600px
>>51794085
>and all it takes is one prodigious kid losing control of their powers to accidentally meld a bunch of guards with their horses, creating a new band of freaks.

I love how fucking horrifying this setting is sometimes.
>>
>>51794188
PICT
R
I
D
E

WORLD
I
D
E
>>
>>51793989
>I don't know how some of you guys manage to spin everything we accomplish into some sort of disaster

I'm not saying that dude is in any way RIGHT, mind, but do keep in mind you're on a board largely populated by chronically sullen neckbeards.
>>
File: Pict 1.png (251KB, 3076x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Pict 1.png
251KB, 3076x1168px
These guys are virtually unarmored, so this is going to be bloody and fast.
>>
>>51794085
>accidentally meld a bunch of guards with their horses, creating a new band of freaks.
Why do I get the feeling this isn't anything as aesthetically pleasing as centaurs?
>>
>>51794548
It That Rides as One
>>
File: Pict 2.png (489KB, 3076x1774px) Image search: [Google]
Pict 2.png
489KB, 3076x1774px
Here's our Pict!

He's in the Gritty Low-Powered level, built on 18 PCP. He's got a CP of 12.
>>
>>51794666
...that is probably not the image to show to new players who are worried about the game being too complicated for them
>>
File: Jaguar 2.png (383KB, 3200x1652px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar 2.png
383KB, 3200x1652px
>>51794961
That is not my concern! Soon, thanks to the Kickstarter, we will have an actual character sheet.

Our fighters are ready!

Who wants to control whom?
>>
>>51794983
We control the animal and you control the guy wearing an animal?
>>
>>51795033
Doesn't have to be me, we could have anyone control these guys.
>>
>>51795160
Think It's easier to have the thread control only one guy, goes faster when you don't have to wait for anyone.

Of course, if someone wants to, then by all means.
>>
>>51793989
>I don't know how some of you guys manage to spin everything we accomplish into some sort of disaster.
It's a kind of strange mood which can pick up in generals. Everything is twisted into something bad. You actually see it a lot more on Reddit, but it's in some of our threads too. It was caused by disaffection with the sooned kickstarter, I'd guess.

The worst example I've found is the Dodger threads on /wsg/ no bully
>>
File: pppmeJcJT1t79fgm_500.jpg (89KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
pppmeJcJT1t79fgm_500.jpg
89KB, 500x347px
Let's do it then!

You guys control the Pict, I'll control the Jaguar. Are you all ready?

I'm assuming you know what you're doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irfzs57h5OY

Combat is starting at Very Long, since the Pict's spear is the longest weapon.

Jaguar will not be throwing Red
>>
>>51795314
Pict will not throw BLUE because he's not a coward. UNLIKE YOU
>>
File: allineedtoknowismurder.png (436KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
allineedtoknowismurder.png
436KB, 800x425px
>>51795314
>I'm assuming you know what you're doing.
>>
>>51791295
>They've been at this for nearly as long as we have
Didn't BoB start like half a year after SoS?
>>
File: Yel.png (2KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Yel.png
2KB, 500x500px
The Jaguar will throw YEL!
>>
>>51795409
"BoB" did, but before they were called that, they were called Song of Steel. When Song of Swords came along they changed their name to Band of Bastards. Now they changed it again, to Sword & Scoundrel. They came from the TROS forums so they've been at this a while.
>>
>>51795418
REEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>51795328
Does this mean we go red?
>>
>>51795500
>>51795490
Puce?
>>
>>51795515
Beige?
>>
RED vs YELLOW

Round 1, Action 1 of 2
Picture the Pict has initiative!
>>
>>51793989
>would be kind of like ye porcine orcs. Porcs if you will
If I was on my other computer, there would be a broquest druid attached to this post.

Anyway those are the orcs now. This is canon by word of me; now it's up to you, Jimmy, to tell us about this particular tribe of joinlings.

>I thought it was going to take WEEKS for us to hit our goal
If you've exceeded your low expectations, the natural course of actions is to raise your expectations and strive for a higher goal. So you got twelve grand in 24 hours. Since then, you've got only three grand. Why are you settling for this? Song of Swords would have an order of magnitude more backers if you actually reached some significant portion of your potential audience on sites other than 4chan. Sure, it's tempting to celebrate the successes you've already had, but you're not getting a second chance at a kickstarter, so you need to make this one count for as much as it can, not bask in the relatively meager success that you've got so far.
>>
>>51795551
>>51795551
Throw our spear at him.
>>
>>51795564
I get it, I get it. We're already branching out. We thought we would get more visibility through certain venues than we actually did, that just means we have to pick up the slack now.

What I'm saying is, there's no reason for us to fall upon each other. We will all work harder and more effectively if we remain cool and keep morale high. Just stay positive and people will be less likely to seek distraction elsewhere.
>>
File: Weapon Throw.png (240KB, 1370x801px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon Throw.png
240KB, 1370x801px
>>51795588
You sure you want to do a Weapon Throw? You've got 12 dice in your CP, and 11 left after paying the 1d activation cost. How many are you going to use?
>>
>>51795670
Yeah, that sounds good. I'd say 6 dice, so Pictogram has 5 left for OH SHIT DON'T DIE full evasion if the plushy doesn't bite it. What say you, throwsuggestor?
>>
>>51795872
Sounds good.
>>
>>51795657
>We thought we would get more visibility through certain venues than we actually did
Is it something you can get into details about?
Having some sort of direction in promoting the game would probably help things.
>>
File: 1470350487419.png (690KB, 850x464px) Image search: [Google]
1470350487419.png
690KB, 850x464px
>>51795872
>full evasion after throwing red
>full evasion after attacking in the previous action
>>
>>51795917
Yeah man I just stab dicks I dunno how this shit works.
>>
>>51795948
>I just stab dicks
An honorable profession.
>>
>>51772492
>all those one-post users shilling
>especially the therpgsite thread
Guys can you be a little less fucking transparent? If you make a new account for this, bum around their forms a bit and post in other threads that are at least mildly interesting to you, try to get into the double digits.
>>
File: spear.png (21KB, 1294x122px) Image search: [Google]
spear.png
21KB, 1294x122px
A 6d weapon throw it is!

The Jaguar will defend with a 8d block.

Roll both of these, /tg/!

6d at TN 7
8d at TN 7
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 10, 8, 3, 1 = 27 (6d10)

>>51796048
SHAAAAAAAAAAAANK
>>
and I think it's safe to assume the Weapon Throw is aimed at the Groin.
>>
Rolled 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 8 = 46 (6d10)

>>51796048
Can you actually do TN-based successes on /tg/'s dice-roller?
>>
>>51796066
But of course!
>>
>>51796070
You have to manually count the dice, mister rolls-better-and-later.
>>
Rolled 3, 8, 4, 10, 3, 2, 2, 5 = 37 (8d10)

>>51796048
>>
>>51796059
>>51796086
2 successes on the attack
2 successes on the defense
It's a Block, so Jaguar takes initiative from Pict on 0 Bonus Successes!

Round 1, Action 2 of 2

Technically the Pict is unarmed now and swaps to using his Wrestling proficiency. He'll have to Quickdraw his knife if he wants to use it this Action.

With indignation burning in his eyes, the Jaguar pays 2 dice for range (Very Long - Long - Medium) and declares a 2-die Swing at the Pict's Upper Head with the Reverse Blade of his weapon!
>>
>>51795978
>http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
>Bobby B on therpgsite
Could anyone be a more transparent shill than this fag?
>>
>>51795978
If we're on the subject of low-effort shilling

>claymore goes around and posts
>doesn't have a SoS avatar
>doesn't have a signature with links
It's like he's never used a forum before.
>>
File: 1433221274253.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1433221274253.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>51796187
>tfw I have an account on that site
>tfw afraid to associate myself with my own game because the shilling is too obvious
I always feel bad when I see 1-post accounts.
>>
>>51796127
Pictography had a buckler, yeah? Block with that?
>>
>>51796187
>http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
A quick glance around their forums and I saw a sticked kickstarter thread.
>>
>>51796311
Very well.

A 2d at TN 7 Swing vs a
A 5d at TN 7 block!

Roll them!
>>
Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d10)

>>51796329
>>
>>51796285
You
You stupid cunt
It's not "obvious shilling" it's an "official announcement".
Look, does anyone in this thread shit on you for shilling your game? No, because your enthusiasm is authentic and because you're one of us. Go interact with the people there and promote the goddamn game, you nincompoop. Look at poor Claymore trying his best. He is like a fish climbing a tree, but by god he's got his pitons and his crampons and some good yards of rope and he's making an honest effort on it. Meanwhile here you are, the hype guy, the guy who's actually good at this, and you're going "Well I don't want to shill, look at me, I'd be imposing if I went and told them about this game, after all I've only been working on it for five years". No, you overly humble idiot of idiots, go and tell them about the game you've made, because it's the best fucking game in the world at what it does, and what it does is something a bunch of people want. And they want to hear it from you, because you're the best person in the world to tell them about it.
>>
File: ks.jpg (212KB, 1331x769px) Image search: [Google]
ks.jpg
212KB, 1331x769px
SO CLOSE
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 6, 9, 4 = 23 (5d10)

>>51796329
NOT DIE ROLL
>>
File: 1405251026089.png (355KB, 744x727px) Image search: [Google]
1405251026089.png
355KB, 744x727px
>>51796352
I was joking m8, Jesus. I'm just projecting a bit because that's how I feel when I post elsewhere. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to belittle anyone's efforts.

I'm on Reddit right now, so I'm very nervous, that is all.
>>
Brigade upvote this shit for exposure:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/
>>
>>51796353
I wonder if the adventure and Magic Compendium are going to be available in physical form.

>tfw you could put this project over the line to the next stretch goal because you haven't pledged yet
>>
File: Pict.jpg (69KB, 407x560px) Image search: [Google]
Pict.jpg
69KB, 407x560px
>>51796347
>>51796366
The block wins with 1 BS! The Pict regains initiative.

Now it is Round 2, Action 1.
Both fighters' CPs refresh back to their full value of 12 dice.
The reach closes to Medium. Staying at Very Long would be stupid, but is probably what happens RAW.

The Pict has initiative, but he is still unarmed! What will he do?!
>>
>>51796432
How about if we try and dive for the Jaguar's legs to get him on the ground? Are we too far away for that to be feasible?
>>
>>51796455
>>51796432
Quickdraw the dagger?
>>
>>51796455
It's certainly feasible. Any other ideas?
>>
>>51796393
I know you're nervous, that's why I'm telling you to man the fuck up and put your mouth where your money is already.

I also dislike posting on forums with identities. It is a weakness to be overcome.
>>
>>51796407
Do it, then as soon as Jimmy sees it, cancel your donation.
>>
File: Grapples.png (378KB, 1400x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Grapples.png
378KB, 1400x1704px
>>51796455
>>
>>51796521
Shoot Takedown looks like the thing, but is it a risk we're willing to take?
>>
File: alpha legion sows chaos.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
alpha legion sows chaos.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>51796393
>I'm on Reddit right now
So answer some questions.
>>
>>51796397
>it's rated 20
>between something rated 207 and something rated 119
I have no idea how reddit's rating system works, but good job I guess.
>>
>>51796599
>spending 3d for range to attack at ATN 8 vs a DTN 6 parry
Good luck m8
>>
>>51796583
>>51796624
Quickdraw and stab.
>>
File: Quickdraw.png (144KB, 1321x536px) Image search: [Google]
Quickdraw.png
144KB, 1321x536px
It seems you want to draw the knife and stab.

Your Khyber knife is Short-ranged but it has Draw, so Quickdrawing it happens automatically.
Quickdraw itself costs 1 die, leaving the Pict with 11 in his pool.
If he wants to attack, he'll have to pay another 1d for range.

How many dice will you put into your stab, /tg/? And where are you stabbing?

Remember to look at
>>51794983
>>51794666
for what areas are least armored!
>>
>>51796588
wtf happened here
>>
File: Capture.jpg (71KB, 1118x457px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
71KB, 1118x457px
>>51796353

BEAT THE BLADE
>>
>>51796716
I'm thinking a total of seven dice into the offense again, leaving five for blocking again.

>And where are you stabbing?
They say there are no stupid questions. This question is an excellent counterargument. There will be a dickless teddy bear by the time this fight ends.
>>
>>51796716
thrust, neck, six dice to the attack and one for range = seven spent altogether
>>
>>51796777
SEVENS CONFIRMED

GALT WILLS IT
>>
File: MIGHTY NEED.jpg (98KB, 540x550px) Image search: [Google]
MIGHTY NEED.jpg
98KB, 540x550px
>>51796769
>>
>>51796720
A streaker snuck onto the field dressed as a ref, then quickly undressed. Some players took advantage of the distraction to start a melee, chaos ensued.
>>
>>51796769
HOOK THE LEG
>>
>>51796840
PIKE THE GROIN
>>
>>51796846
*PICT THE GROIN
>>
>>51796777
>>51796780
So it is!

The Jaguar will Parry with 7 dice.

6 AT TN 7
7 AT TN 6

ROLL
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 3, 8, 1, 5 = 20 (6d10)

>>51796880
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 10, 7, 10, 10, 1 = 47 (7d10)

>>51796880
>>
File: fresh picked.png (138KB, 463x412px) Image search: [Google]
fresh picked.png
138KB, 463x412px
>>51796888
>>
>>51796888
I think he parried.
>>
>>51796900
I DEMAND A RECOUNT
>>
>>51796916
It's 5 vs. 1, Mr. Gore.
>>
File: guess.jpg (25KB, 640x319px) Image search: [Google]
guess.jpg
25KB, 640x319px
>>51796885
>>51796888
888 > 777 confirmed

1 success on the attack, 5 successes on the defense
The Parry only needed 1 BS and it got 4. Using Stepping Parry, the Jaguar could now change range up to two steps - however, since the Pict unwisely threw his spear away, there's no real reason to!

Now the great cat takes the offensive!

Round 2, Action 2
The Jaguar strikes with a Swing at the Pict's lower knife arm with the Reverse Blade using his remaining 5 dice.

>>51796928
Sheesh grandpa get with the times it's Ms. Stein now
>>
>>51796720
Someone, pretending to be a ref, stopped play. The other refs had a word with him and he fucked off. Then one of the players realized that play hadn't been officially stopped, and tried to use the confusion to his advantage, which the other team presumably thought was bullshit, and a fight broke out.
>>
>>51796939
The sensible option would be to block.

But wasn't there some "shank them before their shanking shanks you" move that cost the opponent's AGI to activate? That'd leave 1 dice for a all-or-nothing dickectomy.
>>
>>51796998
There is indeed a Steal Initiative. It costs the opponent's PER to activate, not their AGI. It's 4 dice either way.
You could Steal Initiative, stab with your knife, hit, deal 6 damage and have all of it soaked by his 6 combined TOU+AV balls of steel, and then get your brains splattered on the dirt below. That sounds like a fine idea, doesn't it?
>>
>>51796285
>I always feel bad when I see 1-post accounts.
How about when that account is called "sirclaymore"?
>>
>>51797020
Whoops, I was looking at Teddy's STR instead of the Pictography's.

Boring option it is, I guess.
>>
5d Parry vs 5d Swing

5 at 7 against 5 at 7

Say who you're rolling for and go!
>>
Rolled 10, 5, 1, 4, 2 = 22 (5d10)

>>51797118
>>
Rolled 8, 7, 5, 7, 5 = 32 (5d10)

>>51797118
Fuzzball
>>
>>51797135
>1 success
>>51797145
>3 successes
IT'S A HIT
>>
>>51797145
That's what happens when you wear fucking plaid, >>51797135
>>
File: LA.png (12KB, 481x131px) Image search: [Google]
LA.png
12KB, 481x131px
>>51797135
>>51797145
The hit lands, with 2 BS!

Calculating damage:
6 Strength + 1c Reverse blade + 2 BS = 9
Damage is c, cutting type

Calculating defense:
4 Toughness + 0 AV = 4

It's a level 5!
Roll 1d10 for location!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>51797201
>>
>>51797201
BUT WAIT

If you roll Hand or Forearm, he's safe, because his Buckler will add 8 AV, raising his total defense to 12, higher than the 9 damage.

Jaguar probably feels pretty stupid right now for aiming at an area where his opponent has armor.
>>
>>51797217
That sure would be a problem if the roll wasn't an 8.
>>
File: 5.png (210KB, 2602x612px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
210KB, 2602x612px
>Level 5 Cutting Elbow
>Autodrop
>[Infection Risk +3]
>Limb Severed!
>Arm severed at the elbow, massive blood loss, limb irrecoverable, infection is a serious risk.

The Pict drops his knife!
The Pict drops his whole arm from the elbow down!

The Pict has no dice in his Combat Pool, so the 5 Stun translates into an OVERSHOCK test at 5 RS. His AGI is only 4, so he cannot possibly pass. He fails and falls prone!

The Pict has a Grit score of 2, and he suffers 20 Pain. 20 Pain - 2 Grit = 18 dice lost from his Combat Pool. This exceeds his max CP, and so he is defeated! He lies on the ground screaming in pain.

20 Bleed means the Pict must start making 4 RS Health checks at the end of every Round for bloodloss. Eventually he'll bleed to unconsciousness and then death. This is a moot point so far as combat goes, as the Pict is already defeated.

Being a virtuous man, the Jaguar cannot simply let his enemy bleed to death in a foreign field. Removing his waist wrap, the Jaguar applies a tourniquet to the Pictish warrior's limb to stem the blood flow. He then fractures both of the Pict's shins, and carries him off to be sacrificed upon the pyramids.

The Jaguar is victorious!
>>
http://www.clickhole.com/clickventure/fight-glory-rome-2096?utm_campaign=default&utm_medium=ShareTools&utm_source=twitter#1
>>
>>51797370
Blast from the past right there.
>>
File: mfw murderrape.jpg (16KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
mfw murderrape.jpg
16KB, 291x173px
>>51797326
>Being a virtuous man, the Jaguar cannot simply let his enemy bleed to death in a foreign field. Removing his waist wrap, the Jaguar applies a tourniquet to the Pictish warrior's limb to stem the blood flow. He then fractures both of the Pict's shins, and carries him off to be sacrificed upon the pyramids.
>>
>>51797326
Wonderful!

So, experienced dickstabbers. What was done right, what was done wrong, what could have been done better?
>>
>>51797384
How about we don't throw our fucking spear away the first chance we get
>>
>>51797384
This guy has it right >>51797397
Giving up the reach advantage on so frivolous a move was idiotic to the extreme.
>>
>tfw Jimmy's plebbit responses are fire-hardened after years of being asked the same fucking questions 5000 times here

These cucks have no chance against the power of 4chan.
>>
File: Cuckold.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckold.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>51797416
Show me.
>>
>>51797443
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/5uvnqi/song_of_swords_a_successor_to_the_riddle_of_steel/
>>
>>51797469
>The Orredin are also pretty straightforward. They're magical elves who live in a flying city at 5,000 feet over the Shattered Sea. They have powerful magic, can mind control people, shoot heat-rays out of their eyes, and all sorts of other crazy nonsense.

Jimmy himself handwaves his own creations crazy nonsense? I love it
>>
>>51797384
Should've put all 12 dice into a stab at the groin in the first round
Even with a target number 6 parry we probably would've hit
and if we didn't then we'd spend all our dice and could full evade in Round 2
>>
>>51797522
Is throwing red and going all-in the best strategy in SoS like it was in TRoS?
>>
>>51797609
Depends how badly you want sepsis.
>>
>Complete absence of John Galt in other mediums
Is JG being cut out of the picture? Are you guys fucking Galt out of his rightful place? I don't know the politics behind this but it's conspicuous...
>>
>>51797652
Galt is in Mexico. Await him.
>>
>>51797609
In 1v1 duels its strong. Often a good idea. I wouldnt call it the absolute best like it used to be, but it should be a popular option and is certainly something that can be built for.
>>
>>51797652
You can't explain John Galt to some normie on plebbit or one of those left-leaning parasites on RPG.net
>>
>>51797652
This is entirely by design. The guy is a hermit. He has a family and a life, but his silent rebellion against his monotonous existence is to instigate plots like this without anyone around him knowing.

We launched while he was away to spare him the tension of wondering if the campaign would succeed (he was even more pessimistic than I was, you know he thought it was just me and the other Opaque guys brigading this thread and we had no fans) but I expect he'll be very pleased that everything has gone so well without his needing to intervene.

He also fucking HATES Plebbit and all ID sites. It's a peeve of his. He's pretty deep into anonymity as a concept and was against us ever releasing to a wider audience. In his eyes, the ideal SoS would be an army of ghosts, invisible but omnipresent, playing an immortal game.

The man, the myth, the legend, and long may he remain.
>>
>>51797711
Is there anyone involved in SoS' development who isn't a raging weirdo?
>>
>>51797843
>Californians
>>
>>51797843
Bones seems pretty normal. Claymore is almost as much so.

>>51797867
While Jimmy and Galt are weird within the normal bounds for a Californian, they're still atypical even here.
>>
>>51797843
Let me think.
...No. Normal people do not do this.
>>
A thing was posted.
http://unpossiblejourneys.com/q-and-a-song-swords-kickstarter/
>>
>>51797843
To answer that question, it is sufficient to answer the following question.
Is there anyone on /tg/ who isn't a raging weirdo?
No.
>>
File: 1487125649553.jpg (246KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1487125649553.jpg
246KB, 900x1125px
>>51796397
How the fuck do I navigate this thread, who the fuck is replying to who? Who designed this fucking shit layout?

Also who is this fancy lady and what does she do?
>>
>>51797988
Uh it's pretty clear matey, it's just a quote pyramid. You can get the same thing here in the Settings menu.
>>
File: All In.png (57KB, 1382x442px) Image search: [Google]
All In.png
57KB, 1382x442px
I wonder if what Jimmy's saying here is actually true.
>>
>>51798019
I mean the "we have top men working on it" part. We haven't had a discussion on the merits and drawbacks of all-ins in years, literally. I wonder what Opaque is doing behind the curtains.
>>
>>51797966
Yeah, but the devs seem to operate on a whole different level of weird.
>>
>>51798019
Pretty weak response. He should be giving examples of how they have accomplished this. Not just saying "we've got top men" and trump memes.
>>
>>51797888
Being called "The Original Community" gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.
>>
>>51798087
He, uh, did?
All-in is perfectly valid in a fecht where you know the other guy's CP and stats. It gets a lot worse when you actually care about your character and don't have full information.
>>
>>51797888
>The Framework:

>As far as tabletop games go, Pathfinder and Dungeons & Dragons were of course big inspirations. Riddle of Steel was also a great look at what a more complex combat framework could look like, but felt a bit clunky. And GURPS was a great take on a modular system that could fit anything.
This is a joke, right? SoS is like Riddle of Steel 2.0. D&D doesn't factor into it, GURPS? Where does GURPS appear? The game is almost exactly like Riddle of Steel. The fecht above proves it.
>>
SMASH THE TEETH
>CUT THE EYES
MEN OF RAHOO
>RULE THE SKIES
>>
>>51798139
Legalities.
Also the dev team's actual play experience leading up to their time with TROS
>>
>>51798087
I must be behind on my Trump memery. I think it's a better answer than he's given here just because he admits there's a problem to be solved.
>>
File: fuck me.jpg (147KB, 844x503px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
147KB, 844x503px
Jesus dude.
>>
>>51798139
Clearly they were trying to achieve maximum buzzword density.
>>
>>51798167
It's good to see Jimmy write this kind of stuff out again. To feel that pain in the soul that reminds you that you have one.
>>
>>51798005
I guess I just prefer the free flowing amalgamation of conversations that most forums have. Maybe it's just that I've gotten used to it and I like the way that most forums give each post it's own little box instead of reddits single black line to separate conversations.
>>
>>51798167
Why can't people I dislike just stop being human?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO8Ft0VJXeg
>>
>>51798215
Believe me m8 I know what you mean. Reddit's format is byzantine. There has to be a better way to do this, but for some reason this is what became popular. Maybe you just get used to it over time? I'm not sure I ever will.

Can't beat the Chans.
>>
>>51798167
>Jimmy "Gas the Mongols Race War Now" breaks character and explains how the Marju are actually the good guys
He has to stop getting away with it.
>>
>>51798230
I could see how you could get used to it. Now that I've looked at it for a while and I can see the appeal in having threads of conversation laid out plainly in front of you but I don't know, it just seems like you miss out on the fun of scrolling through the random posts. I couldn't tell you how many great conversations and laughs I would have missed out on if I followed just a single line of conversation.

Best feel when Jimmy-chan replies to a post that has nothing to do with him.

By the way Jimmy I know that someone has asked but I don't remember seeing a response, how much of the core game book will be dedicated to lore compared to the games mechanics? While I love your sporadic info dumps I can't expect you to forever to be on call for when I need to know about the scarcity of mushrooms and which ones that goblins tend to favour in The Hollow.
>>
>>51797988
It's indentation-pased, like Python. Each person is replying to the person above them who is one step less indented. Make sure to click the upvote (upward arrow) at the thread title, by the way.

>>51798005
It's not really that intelligible if you're not already used to it.
>>
>>51798311
It's up in the air, but rest assured we are totally dedicated to giving you guys access to as much lore as you want and need. This is what I do for fun, don't you worry about the Jimmy element for a second.
>>
>>51798568
Yeah so I want six hundred pages on Dace. You gonna make that happen?
>>
>>51798615
I would totally be down for there to be nation splats full of lore, NPCs, and adventure hooks like what 7th Sea did.
>>
File: lateralmovement.png (387KB, 902x690px) Image search: [Google]
lateralmovement.png
387KB, 902x690px
The salt.
>>
>>51798615
He's already given us at least that much.
>>
>>51798662
>Jimmy is shit at games
Literally perfect. The final touch.
>>
>>51798634
Anything is possible, it's all about how this thing goes. And man, is it going good. This one Foray to plebbit has made us hundreds of dollars. We're closer than ever before to that sweet, sweet 17k that will allow me to craft my magnum opus.
>>
File: 148.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
148.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>51798662
Fucking wrecked. What do those guys even do together? They've been hanging out since high school. What's the dynamic?

How do Claymore and Bones fit in with Galt? are they lewd?
>>
>>51798753
maybe this should be a daily venture to different forums?
>>
>>51798753
Update your fucking Kickstarter. You've passed two stretch goals.
>>
>>51798753
Hundreds isn't much, on the scale that you should be working on. I'm afraid you're going to have to keep on going to leddit, and other places as well.
>>
File: stretchgoals..jpg (59KB, 600x470px) Image search: [Google]
stretchgoals..jpg
59KB, 600x470px
>>51798861
>Update your fucking Kickstarter. You've passed two stretch goals.
They did?
>>
>>51798929
I think he means that they should post an actual update. In the Updates tab, you know?
>>
I swear I read it somewhere but I may have imagined it. Once this is all funded and so on, KS over. Is SoS going to be put up on lets say, DriveThru for purchase?
>>
>>51799015
All of the printing and shipping and PDFs are being handled by DriveThru, so yes.
>>
>>51798986
They should do a backer-only update that addresses that and also includes Bones' survey link.
>>
>>51798769
Another good place would be RPG.net. Probably would need to be coordinated with the mods, but a Q&A thread would be easy to do.
>>
>>51799124
RPG.net has a thread in their "hype machine" subforum.
>>
File: j.png (82KB, 1256x516px) Image search: [Google]
j.png
82KB, 1256x516px
>>
>>51799167
Nobody reads those. Other devs seem to have Q&A in the general section, which gets a lot more traffic. Especially if it's the actual developers and not some guy identifying himself as a beta tester or whatever.
>>
>>51799177
Frogposters BTFO
>>
>>51799177
That right there is gold.
>>
>>51799236
but is it Reddit Gold?
>>
>>51799177
To be fair, in SoS there are also eldritch visions and insanity to worry about.
>>
>>51799246
How does reddit gold even work? If Jimmy got some, would it be effective advertising?
>>
>>51799255
That's why he said "your chief risk" and not "your risk".
>>
The Space Battles thread is surprisingly alive.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/

People with credible accounts, or Jimmy himself, should get in there and tell stories.
>>
>>51798757
Claymore actually saved Galt's life the first time we hung out. He's the only person in our gang who can drink slivovitz without instantly ceasing to be human, so he and Dus ended up drinking the entire bottle. That shit is like gasoline, I don't know how they did it. To this day I can't even think of the stuff without wanting to throw up. If Zach hadn't still been awake our venerable Serb might have met his end on the floor of a shitty rental flat in Sunnyvale.

Suffice to say we were all fast friends after that, but it was that the next morning that we decided to make a game.
>>
>>51799332
Your lives are fucking ridiculous, please tell us more.
>>
>>51799332
See, Jimmy, this is the kind of shit you need to post in public forums to help promote your game. Not just here where everyone already loves your lunacy.
>>
File: leopard-seal (2).jpg (178KB, 1000x402px) Image search: [Google]
leopard-seal (2).jpg
178KB, 1000x402px
>>51799351
>your lives are fucking ridiculous
I might've believed that two or three years ago. Now I'm starting to think that my life has been terribly sheltered. The madness has only just begun brother, and we're standing on the edge of a storm of lunacy that has only begun to blow.
>>
File: r.png (98KB, 1269x584px) Image search: [Google]
r.png
98KB, 1269x584px
Stealing Initiative is not a winning game in SoS. From my own math I've found your best odds for stealing and landing a hit are usually when you devote 3 fewer than as many dice as you can to buffing your Steal Initiative score. So leave yourself with at most 5 dice rolled on the actual attack, pay all activation costs, and spend all the rest on buffing your initiative roll.

A rule of thumb I've found is 8/8/7/6/5. If you take two identical initiative rolls, they have equal chances of winning (i.e. no ties, you win). If you add just one die to your roll, your chances of winning go up 8%. Most of that comes out of the other roll's chance to win, and a little comes from the chances of tying. If you add another die, you go up another 8%. Another die gives about 7%, then 6%, then 5%. This lets you gauge how ridiculously low your chances of successfully stealing are if you are at a dice deficit - there will be nearly a 60% difference between their chances of winning and yours. I can demonstrate this if anyone wants to see it.

This means stealing initiative is far from certain. Compare this to how BoB handles initiative, where going red and all-in is virtual suicide because of how easy it is to steal initiative from you if you do that. Stealing in BoB uses dice from your pool at a 1:1 ratio instead of SoS's 3:1. That is, in SoS, you spend 3 dice from your CP to add 1 die to your initiative roll. In BoB, you spend 1 die and add 1 die. There's more to it but this means someone with 14 or so CP is near-certain to steal against an all-in if they want to.
>>
>>51799255
Are there insanity / corruption rules for SoS? I actually really liked Dark Heresy's system for that.
>>
>>51799399
The PER dependent activation cost can be fucking brutal to try and overcome as well. Which is also a strange rule, since once you pay the dice youre committed, but you apparently cant know the cost until you try?
>>
What is a fighting volkodov, and who are the dacians? I'm new.
>>
>>51799432
Hew boy.
Dacians are a mongrel breed of escaped slaves that have formed a modern republic out of the mines they escaped from. Theyre insane nationalists and an incredibly dangerous people for how small their base is.
Volkodovs are elite Dacians that go out into the steppe, kill the people they find there, then build forts to defend the Dacian settlers coming up behind them.
>>
>>51799431
Yeah, it relies on you knowing your opponent's PER stat. It flies in the face of blind fechts.
>>
>>51799392
What evidence have you seen of such depths of lunacy that you now refer to?
>>
>>51799432
Dacians are rats in the guise of men who live in the blasted out remains of what was once an immense mining venture by the Orredin high elves. They're disgusting brown-skinned parasites who flock like animals to nationalistic notions of destiny and unity yet their nation is a physical wasteland of salt flats and a spiritual wasteland of bad fashion.
>>
>>51799432
They have so much iron that their currency is made of iron.
>>
>>51799491
>bad fashion
Don't let Racoco hear that.
>>
>>51798753
>This one Foray to plebbit has made us hundreds of dollars.
Does kickstarter tell you what pages people were linked in from?
>>
>>51799511
Okay then, you tell me, right, you tell me, how can a people be so knuckle-dragging, so low-browed, so large-nosed, so utterly retarded as to think it's not only acceptable but desirable to wear a jacket but not use the sleeves?
>>
>>51799432
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Dace
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Volkodav
http://www.songofswords.net/single-post/2017/02/13/Teachings-of-Sarah-Gizka
>>
>>51799431
>>51799472
I think the best solution is for a Steal Initiative attempt to be
>declare number of dice to spend in total
>subtract opponent's PER from that number
>roll the rest
>>
>>51799332
So are you going to get Galt to run a fecht or two?

Or is he going to see you have Kickstarter money and threaten to castrate you on your wedding night if you don't pay up
>>
>>51799550
They don't want their arms to sweat, but its not quite warm enough to go without a covering altogether.
>>
>[Zach] has a wall in his house covered with masks.

Just because he likes them or? What wall is it? Does he need to be watched by countless eyeless miens in order to sleep peacefully?
>>
>>51799601
>implying Jimmy will ever have a wedding night
Catholics don't believe in gay marriage.
>>
File: Preempting.png (183KB, 868x775px) Image search: [Google]
Preempting.png
183KB, 868x775px
>>51799597
>declare 5d steal
>"lol he has 6 PER"
>die
Nah man, check this shit out. Speed ranges from 1 to 5 (or 6 at an extreme), Base TN is 6, Advantage means -1 TN. Base TN rises with wound levels (level 2 = base TN 7, level 3 = base TN 8, etc.) so injured guys have trouble stealing.
>>
Mentioned Song of Swords in this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145467.1800
Someone who posts occasionally on Bay12 could go respond to it.
>>
>>51798753
Bestiary. Do it.
>>
>>51799432
Dace is a country in the center-north of Vosca that is made up mostly of recently freed slaves of the Helian empire. The people were part of a breeding program to produce ideal slaves. The program was a failure, it instead produced a uniform race of brown-skinned black-haired green-eyed people. Gizka is one of them.

They formed a semi-functional republic centered in Taphonomy Bay. Their country is a mined-out polluted wasteland where re-routed rivers have created salt flats that encompass half the country, and almost nothing can grow anymore because of groundwater pollution and acidity. It's a total shithole, it's like Mordor.

Because the former house-slaves were literate, they formed a government based n enlightened principles, but because the rest of them are illiterate miners, the country has more or less devolved into Weimar Germany with warlords holding all positions of power with mercenary armies. The political "parties" are essentially just bands of armed thugs who fight each other in the streets with swords and cudgels. The hospitals have separate wings for different factions because the wounded would wake up and try to kill the other patients in their beds.

Because the only thing they're good at is mining, their economy is entirely built on exporting mineral wealth for food. They tried to circumvent this by invading MONGOLIA and successfully BTFO the Marju, eventually cordoning off part of the steppe to farm in.

The Volkodavs are former bandits and criminals who were formed into a cavalry unit specialized for fighting the Marju. They wear hounskull helmets and ride painted horses, and are the closest thing the country has to knights.

The whole thing is a hilarious and sick parody of Democracy with equal doses of 1984, Papers Please and Metal Gear Solid.
>>
These NPC cards are cool. Is there some way I can get a maneuver card for The Mizzick Backscratch?
>>
>>51799749
>not mentioning how everyone in Dace speaks like 1920s Americans
>>
File: the best part of waking up.jpg (42KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
the best part of waking up.jpg
42KB, 436x436px
>>51799802
>The Mizzick Backscratch
Oh man, I had forgotten.
>>
File: m7hw6.jpg (27KB, 584x329px) Image search: [Google]
m7hw6.jpg
27KB, 584x329px
>Jimmy Rome explains Kesh to the normies
Harvesting rice in Tattered Realms is like fighting a Dark Souls boss. I've been here so long I didn't even notice.
>>
>>51799898
The day arrives. From across the country, great crowds form around the Kesh Fields. They have come unbidden. There was no call to action, only an understanding of its necessity. A migration of knives and hatchets.

The fields writhe, tentacles whipping and snapping, breaking the air with a sound like thunder. The crowds look inwards. Fingers beat tattoos against the grips of messers and the wooden hafts of axes. Fathers tell their sons to stay back--but not too far. They must see what happens here today, so that they will be ready when it is their turn, someday.

There is no cowardly war-cry or fearsome posturing. The flood of brown flesh, silver steel, and wide white, furious eyes swarms in upon the field. The children trot behind, watching the price of bread being paid. Some will go home orphans.
It is Harvest Day.
>>
>>51799898
>didn't even notice
That's always Jimmy's plan. He includes these absurd fantastic elements, then rarely brings attention to them. How often are the eclipses mentioned? How many Kamen *havent* talked about the Scwarzvald? No one in Ballad talks about the eyes.

He likes to make it a kick to the teeth every time it comes up.
>>
>>51799594
well that sure set the hell out of the tone.
>>
>>51799952
"Oh right, I'm living on on fucking Catachan."
>>
>>51799961
It's the fucking Night Land, but everyone thinks the guys living in the giant fortresses are weirdos.
what are you so worried about, the demons only invade our plane once a month!
>>
File: big boss yeah.gif (995KB, 257x194px) Image search: [Google]
big boss yeah.gif
995KB, 257x194px
>>51799942
>>
>>51799681
>the last sentence before the step sequence is duplicated as step 7
Song of Editing.
>>
File: RadeSark(NPBEc).jpg (48KB, 471x845px) Image search: [Google]
RadeSark(NPBEc).jpg
48KB, 471x845px
>>51800007
So is Rade Sark like a reference to Dick Spencer's goofy haircut or what? Is he going to get punched in the face by a Dacian mid-conference?
>>
>>51800133
I think you're reaching. It's a generic fashy haircut on a white guy.
>>
File: richard_spencer.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
richard_spencer.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>>51800133
Yeah he wishes. You know he does that same thing Jared Taylor does where he pronounces "white" with the "hu-wite" sound? It's adorable, it's like white supremacy is an accent now.
No relation though, we modeled Sark after the bad guy in Schindler's List.
>>
File: bravery indeed.png (7KB, 813x86px) Image search: [Google]
bravery indeed.png
7KB, 813x86px
What? What's wrong with the art?
>>
>>51800274
>reddit
>taste
>>
>>51800246
>No relation though, we modeled Sark after the bad guy in Schindler's List.
>he just happens to also look like a Nazi
>and be hitler

>>51800274
>doesn't like this art, but likes Berserk
What a fucking weeb.
What the hell is a quickstarter?
>>
File: 47331587_p0.png (2MB, 864x990px) Image search: [Google]
47331587_p0.png
2MB, 864x990px
>>51794111
Aw fuck. I kinda owe you twice for this post so I'll pay it back a little.
Firstly, that character is Bizen Sayoko of the doujins Slut Girlby Isutoshi.
Second that art piece in partcular is by an artist I've been looking for for a while now as I'd had to make a new account and a lot of his works hit muh niche.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=15804

Debt paid.
>>
>>51800302
What the fuck man.
>>
>>51800298
>What the hell is a quickstarter?
I presume he means a quickstart.
>>
>>51800298
I assume it's rules to pick up and play quickly, or something like that. Like a set of premade characters or something maybe? Actually, a very short sub-adventure, like the karthacki marching powder story or something? That would be amazing.
>>
>>51800298
>the bad guy from Schilnder's list looks like a nazi
Damn, you've uncovered my cunning ploy.
>>
File: Sark.png (209KB, 1191x889px) Image search: [Google]
Sark.png
209KB, 1191x889px
WHICH ONE OF YOU
>>
>>51800394
>retarded MGTOW point
>Sark
>The guy who bends over backwards for his girlfriend
TOP KEK
>>
>>51800367
Jimmy, it's 3am in California. Go the fuck to sleep. Kikespammer and plebbit will still be there in the morning.
>>
>>51800432
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan yeah you right.
>>
Fuck sleep
Searing enigma
>Tue 06 Oct 2015 42934875
>Searing Enigma Tuesday (On a Tuesday for once!): In the Great Library of Algenburg, behind an iron door with three locks, there is a dark room with a great many shelves. On one of these dusty shelves there is a skull. Engraved with ancient runes, and alight with a dull green fire, the skull can speak, and has the mind of a man. Albeit a man with a perfect memory, and a deep thirst for information and minutia. The Skull is able to perfectly recollect any event it witnesses (even mimicking sounds, if necessary) and will gladly discuss past events with its rare visitors. Occasionally, it is taken out of the dark room by agents of unknown powers, and brought forth to witness events. It has seen the Gladiatorial Pits of Helion, and the Nukh of Laransk. It has seen the distant shores of Lost Izagone, and the deep bowels of The catacombs beneath Ruvia. It is also frequently the victim of terrible headaches that can only be alleviated through distraction, perhaps explaining its thirst for knowledge.

>If you got questions, save 'em for Friday. See you then.
>>
File: 34664167_p0.jpg (436KB, 1240x1753px) Image search: [Google]
34664167_p0.jpg
436KB, 1240x1753px
>>51800310
What?
>>
>>51800675
>>51800675
>>51800675
>>
>>51799167
>>51799124
For all it's many, many, MANY faults rpg.net treats developers very well at an institutional level you actually have to be somewhat careful when directly talking to one so it's the polar opposite of here.

If you reach out to the moderation team I'm sure they can tell you more and work out how to get your "Hi, I'm a real developer" badge.
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.