[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: KICKSTARTER UP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 37

File: HAPPENING.png (667KB, 1307x933px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.png
667KB, 1307x933px
Last time on Song of Swords:
IT'S HAPPENING
KICKSTARTER NOW
Some of the best of SoS history

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wik

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time
>>
Can someone summarise what's missing from the homepage pdf that's in the mega?
>>
>>51752121

Is this the first time /tg/'s actually got something of this magnitude done?
>>
>>51752165
No, don't oversell ourselves. /tg/'s done great stuff back in the old days.
>>
>>51752165
I might be wrong, but wasn't kingdom death borned by some fatguys?
>>
>>51752214
>>51752188
>>51752165
I don't know about KD but wasn't there a game that can best be summed up as 'WALL-E the rpg' ?

Also this is the fastest I've seen these threads move in a long time.
>>
VeloCITY too, don't forget that gem
>>
Is there a game similar to it?

It sounds like it could be interesting but I have no idea.
>>
>>51752268
Well it was originally based on The Riddle of Steel
>>
So, I'm the guy that did the homebrew list of chinese weapons ages ago. I'm considering updating it to the latest version of the game, but has anyone even found any use of them?
>>
>>51752364
I almost had a three kingdoms game, but it fizzled out.

So someone has almost had some use for it.
>>
>>51752234
You're thinking of Engine Heart.
>>
File: Gookie vs Caecus.png (118KB, 1194x946px) Image search: [Google]
Gookie vs Caecus.png
118KB, 1194x946px
>>
>>51752121
Asked in last thread but no replies before it died.

How in the hell are you intending not to get screwed by the Game of Thrones legal team?
>>
>>51752591
For what?
>>
>>51752591
>Song of Ice and Fire
>Storm of Swords

These are the only ones I can think of and I don't see the problem. Then again I'm not a copyright lawyer.
>>
>>51752619
>>51752591
I think they got "A Song of Swords" confused with "A Storm of Swords".
>>
>>51752627
There's not even an 'A' in the name, it's just Song of Swords.
>>
>>51752493
Well, I guess that might be good enough, might even update the shitty drawings.
>>
does this still have cinematic combat?
>>
can someone post a sample combat for visualization?
>>
>>51752803
I heard Jimmy plans on doing a fecht today. Stick around, you'll see it.
>>
What happened with the old thread? I can't find it in the archive or catalog
>>
>>51753069
>>51616143
The last question was about gizka not having a pistol proficiency.
>>
>>51753069
This one?
>>51745614
>>
Hey >>51747274
Try Zells, I hear they have red hair.
>>
>>51752570
Aw fuck, the memories. How long ago was this?
>>
>>51752121
Post the roll20 next time. That shit is more important than other parts of the OP because it lets people actually learn the system, which can be hard to wrap your head around if you're new to it.

>There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
>The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.
>>
>>51753476
>Sat 01 March 2014
I'd say about three years ago.
>>
File: 1485596292717.png (14KB, 145x161px) Image search: [Google]
1485596292717.png
14KB, 145x161px
>>51753584
>3 years
It can't have been that long, I can't have been trapped here for that long can I?
>>
Does the 9th of march fall within the KS date?
>>
>>51753745
come on, seriously?
>>
>>51753710
Lucky me, I stopped hanging out here after the first 2,5 years.
>>
>>51753778
Sorry, but I am tired and for some reason asking was the first thing that came to mind rather than checking the KS page. Sue me.
>>
>>51753745
Yes. It started yesterday and the KS runs for 31 days.
>>
>>51753745
Is that when you get paid?
>>
>>51754039
Yeah
>>
>>51753710
https://twitter.com/SongofSwordsRPG/status/338524071065174017

They actually deleted the previous "Kickstarter soon" post from the same year, so here's the first tweet from their first dip into social media outside of panty enthusiasts forums.
>>
>>51754087
No their Facebook has been pretty active as well.

Hay Jimmy who's piloting the social media?
>>
Well fuck. Getting a prepaid cc is more of a hassle than I would've imagined.
>want Gamemaster+, costs 143€ when including shipping here
>go to gas station
>can only initialize a prepaid cc with 100 bucks
>have to register online and "upgrade" to be able to transfer the rest
Fucking hell.

>>51749880
>What happened to the maneuver cards?
I made them. And I'm a lazy faggit, so they have not really gone anywhere. The stuff in the MEGA should still be the latest of that.
>>
>>51752268
RuneQuest/Mythras has a few of the same ideas, especially in melee. Also some Polish games if you're Polish.
>>
So is Jessica the Australian or is just Jimmy LARPing?
>>
>>51754394
The Australian, and it wouldn't be LARPing anyway. It'd be roleplaying.
>>
http://sendvid.com/ryqqdpmf

For those of you who like Ace Combat and are watching Youjo Senki, I know there's at least one of you here.
Reminder it's WWI and not WW2
>>
>>51752121
Jimmy are you talking to any YouTubers or other influencers to help draw attention in the coming days?

Also not telling Galt was a joke right? Right?
>>
>>51752661
That isn't illegal. If it were going to be a problem it would've happened months ago.
>>
>>51752676
Hey, more weapons are never bad.
>>
What I like about this system is that allows for competative fighting outside of roleplay.
>>
So I remember this game getting playtested a bunch back in the day, but I never followed the threads very closely.

To those of you who have had hands-on experience with the system, could you detail what you feel the combat does correctly?
>>
>>51755042
It makes combat threatening. If you're using all the rules, even minor skirmishes are pretty scary. A fight will matter. There's also a lot of options in combat, which can make it a really tactical experience if you want to go down that path.

In the last thread is an example of a game I ran in Historical Poland, so you can see the tone of game it often produces.
>>
Is the grapple fix in the mega official?
>>
>>51755142
As far as I know, yes.
>>
At the risk of being too blatant a shill, it may be a good idea for someone to open a thread on RPG.net's main open game forum to discuss the game itself. I've posted announcements of the kickstarter, but those don't really help communicate what the game is itself.
>>
There's an hour and fifteen minutes until this project will have been up on Kisckstarter for a full day.

There's $674 until fully funded. Can we do it?
>>
>>51752234
>>51752534
Yeah, that's the biggest contender I can think of, but it didn't kickstart, it went straight to PoD on Lulu. It also didn't spend ~five years in constant development. I think this actually is the biggest thing /tg/ has made in terms of publication size. In terms of the document itself, P:tA and D:tD are similar, but neither had the playtesting and refinement this has, and both used art sourced from the internet, and never had a physical version.

tl;dr: Yes.
>>
>>51754102
Jimmy is, why do you think he's not here?
>>
>>51755042
It's realistic and gritty, without just being "realistic and gritty" in the sense that you die easily or have a random "do you cry and if so how hard" table. You choose how much to commit and what maneuvers to commit with, and if you overcommit you could be fucked later when your dice pool is commensurately smaller, so you have to be careful. Wounds aren't hit points, which is a big plus.
>>
>>51755790
Do it, then link it. This kind of thing works better if the "someone" isn't a dev or marketer guy.
>>
>>51755879
It's nine in the morning m8. I normally don't get up until noon.
>>
>>51755790
>>51755952
I think the lads are already on it.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords
>>
>>51755982
Then why were you not here except for a few scattered posts last night?
>>
>>51756002
Thanks for the link, might be a good idea for us to discuss a bit there to boost the hype levels.
>>
>>51755952
Exactly. I'm actually some shmuck from /tg/, not a dev, but I've already posted the announcement thread >>51756002
. That means that in the eyes of the moderators, if I start a thread in the main discussion board then I'm spamming. Someone else needs to do it.
>>
>>51756090
Wouldn't it still be spamming, even if someone else does it?
>>
>>51755836
Yes, obviously. It's been almost fully funded in 24 hours time. It's gonna make it.

The question now is how many stretch goals we can realistically expect to hit.
>>
>>51756115
Not if you're actually discussing the game. I would hope.

To be safe, we may want to instead post in the Hype Machine thread with some testimonials. If one of the actual members wants to start a thread, then we can move there. If not, there will be more proof it's an actual game at least and not just some fuck's scam.

>implying
>>
>>51756117
I meant if we can do it in the 24 hour span.

As for stretch goals, I think funding will fall off fairly quickly, if only because the super nerds who hang around these threads have already donated. I want the $21k one, but the stuff before it I care less about, so unless we hit that mark (possible) I'm not bothered either way.
>>
>>51756163
Hype Machine is where the current thread is.
>>
>>51756172
Yeah, and if it gets discussed enough someone may start a thread on the main forum rather than just the advertisement thing.
>>
Yes! I got the $11,500 get!!
>>
>>51756324
Nice digits, for a nerd
>>
>>51755982
Can the game faciliate combat between multiple characters yet, and if not, will it ever?
>>
>>51756360
>>
File: 1482705421685.jpg (47KB, 447x309px) Image search: [Google]
1482705421685.jpg
47KB, 447x309px
>>51756021
Well I have many duties right now, I just meant I don't handle the facebook stuff. Don't worry, my presence will increase gradually over the coming days.

>people on the kickstarter comparing us to For Honor
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>51756369
Well the build you see in the kickstarter is a bit old, but ever since CotV's development began we've made huge leaps and bounds of progress towards getting combat to flow more naturally. The new initiative system is a powerful breath of fresh air and we have top men working on making the actual action-action-refresh of combat more compatible for multi-man fights.
>>
>>51752121
Backing. 2nd person for the hardcover book.
>>
>>51756400
Normies can say what they want, as long as they pay up.

Is Galt going to run a fecht for us when he gets back?
>>
>>51756527
Probably depends if he kills me first.
>>
>>51756400
>Honored to be a pledger of this undertaking.
>When I saw the title, my first thought was A Song of Ice and Fire, but when i saw the pictures, artwork and read about the project, I immediately thought - and still think - of the For Honor game by Ubisoft

Can't tell if joke or a second language.
>>
>>51756527
>Hello, friends, is long time. Tonight have special fecht for you. Great treat!

>It will be 45 year old Serbian man with sword vs unarmed, naked screaming Californian. I declare ten dice stab to Zone X.
>>
>>51756571
Nah, he means well. Not everyone is a hard core memer from the chans.
>>
>>51755790
Fuck yes. Let the indirect shilling begin.
>>
>>51756569
Why not both? John Galt livestreams the Opaque Gladiatorial Games where the developers fight for survival in the fecht to end all fechts. The royalty tier backers will recieve Old Church Slavonic-language manuscripts of all products, written on the flayed skins of the fallen.

What weapon do you choose Jimmy?
>>
>>51756848
>Choose SKS
>Oh wait I'm Californian rifle must start with gun lock on and in gun safe
>Wait didn't Dus have a bunch of track stuff on his wall in-
>Hit in chest with javelin before safe can be opened
>>
File: Silence_Pharaoh_speaks.jpg (678KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Silence_Pharaoh_speaks.jpg
678KB, 1920x1080px
>>51756848
>What weapon do you choose Jimmy?
There is only one choice!

>>51749004
For ten thousand years or however long development has taken I have slumbered!!! Who dares summon the shitposter prime!?

I look and I see the great day that had been promised has come, we are entering a whole new nation of The Song of Swords. You could even call it a promised land, but don't do that. I will call my many slaves and have them open the great door of the treasury, sadly it was pillaged long ago and I am now trapped in The British Museum. Still I'm sure if we keep the curator in there for a few hours he'll tell us his card details.

This is a great day, I can hardly contain my excitement that this game which depicts the world's most powerful weapon in its most accurate abet mightily reduced in power to allow others to compete form yet.

I am filled with much joy Man of the West and can only hope you take as many coin as you can to make the most mightily mighty publication there ever has been.
>>
>>51752121
Didn't /tg/ basically collectively build this RPG together?
Who decided which fa/tg/uy should start making dolla off everyone else's work?
>>
WEDNESDAY
>>
>>51757188
No, we didn't. It's a Cripple Girls situation, only the game's been tested here for fucking ages.
>>
>>51757188
I don't think it started that way. The company formed to make a game for fechts, we just helped test it along the way. desu given the costs of printing all this stuff I doubt they're going to make much of a profit.
>>
>>51757188
Nah, we just playtested it. Jimmy, Bones and the third guy who is CEO or something build the game.
>>
>>51757226
>and the third guy
Yeah, just that guy.

There's others too, unless they buggered off.
>>
File: Well_well.png (90KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Well_well.png
90KB, 533x300px
>>51757188
I see history is not a subject in which you are versed, allow me to help you for my mercy is infinite.

Many years ago the man of the Norwood crafted the Codex Autismima so that many could experience the Beating of the Blade and the Hooking of the Leg. This was revolution but it was not complete, like the mighty sun that has only risen by half across the horizon.

John of Galt, came among these people of /tg/ and opened their eyes to the power within the codex and others took up the bright torch of development. In these great threads many ideas have been freely exchanged and criticism given but it was The Ma of the West and his companions who turned this clay into great sculpture. They have made and taken what has been freely given out of love an duty.

You are like slave who tries to clam he built great pyramid but gives no mind to mind of architect, or organisational skills of whip-man or entrepreneurial skills of whip merchant or even their beloved Pharaoh who went to all the trouble of enslaving them in the first place., You would not want to be slave no? Then you must abandon the matters of the slave.
>>
>>51757285
Yeah, now that you say that, weren't there a bunch of other people along the way that provided one thing or another? Like Galt, for example.

Plus all the artists.

And coffeemancer the comic artist.

And all the homebrew guys.

And that guy who always were on about those stupidly shaped bronze swords made by the egyptians or something.
>>
>>51757329
Homebrew's homebrew. No, I mean the guys who were actually part of the team.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04ddivNftQ

It's done, booiii!
>>
File: f28.jpg (49KB, 690x418px) Image search: [Google]
f28.jpg
49KB, 690x418px
>>51757350
>24 hours and 45 minutes
Fucking kek
>>
>>51757385
Tell us how much you love us and our money, Jimmy.
>>
>>51757456
I'm making a video to do that because it's easier.
>>
>>51757528
Ay Jimmy what the actual fuck does Visionary Noble do? Compared with the now-impossible VisNob+.
>>
Also weirdly we've got half as many backers as BotIT but we've spent twice as much as them.
>>
>>51757620
I've been waiting for this game a good 3 years. The money has accumulated along the way.
>>
>>51757322
Everyone else was able to answer a simple question concisely. Only you felt the need to be a big smug faggot about it.

You are not a 4chan celebrity, namefag plz go
>>
>>51757870
>You are not a 4chan celebrity
Why would anyone ever want to be that? It's a character and a joke.
>>
>>51757322
>or organisational skills of whip-man or entrepreneurial skills of whip merchant
My fucking sides.
>>
>>51757870
The entire Kopeshfag shtick is comical hyperbolic verbosity.
>>
>>51757870
Senpai Khopeshfag is a community character. He's not one dude.

Although I guess there's a little khopeshfag in all of us.
>>
Congrats, Jimmy. I always believed in you, even when I called you a miserable fucking failure.
>>
>>51756571
Presumably he just means "the goal is realistic combat".
>>
>>51757385
So now that you've got enough money, no more point in shilling for the rest of the month?
>>
File: SCYTHIANS.jpg (111KB, 770x528px) Image search: [Google]
SCYTHIANS.jpg
111KB, 770x528px
Let the Legend come back to life!
>>
>>51757584
You pick an art piece, but unlike +, the art gets no official fluff in the book, it's just an illustration.
>>
>>51755858

Engine Heart definitely kickstarted.
>>
>>51758432
Certainly not, we have stretch goals! If we can bring more people into the fold maybe we'll be able to illustrate the magic compendium. Get us some pictures of Zoph Escher and some Orredin shooting lasers at stuff.
>>
File: Doctor Doomguy.png (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Doomguy.png
64KB, 300x300px
>>51758480
>Get us some pictures of Zoph Escher

Wew lads, time to rev up the shilling.
>>
>>51758451
Aw, that's no fun.

Back down to reasonably priced PDF I go. Probably not a bad thing.
>>
>>51758480
>we have stretch goals!
Yeah but gay ones though.
>>
>>51758532
>Kickstarter suddenly de-funded

Come on man a least wait a few days.
>>
>>51758569
Oh I haven't pledged anything yet. I am a Conscientious Consumer.
>>51758564
Why bother stretching if it's not for gay?
>>
File: file.png (818KB, 678x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
818KB, 678x1100px
Stretch goal OFFICIAL ratings for your perusal.
>>
I hope the mystery stretch goal is an analysis circumference chart.
>>
>>51758613
I want that NPC deck and adventure.

And more art I guess.
>>
File: Stretch my Goals please Jimmy.png (777KB, 680x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Stretch my Goals please Jimmy.png
777KB, 680x1100px
>>51758613
Wow!

Shit taste!
>>
>>51752624

Ganesha games' Song of Blades and Heroes wargame rules perhaps?

I know that's what I have always thought of every single time I see a Song of Swords thread here.
>>
File: czeekybeekyivdamke.jpg (37KB, 358x526px) Image search: [Google]
czeekybeekyivdamke.jpg
37KB, 358x526px
>>51752121

Good niggas of /ssg/! Im not particularly in the know how of that system so i humbly ask you!

Is this system truly capable of simulating warfare (weapons) from stone age to age of information and maybe beyond? Can you really do stabby, stabby one session and then some shooty, shooty in another? In one encompassing system and be not GURPs crunch retarded? And its flexible and fun?
>>
>>51758781
Not sure about modern guns, but you can do shankings from "two cavemen with fists and maybe a pointy rock" all the way up to "six marines watch somebody fall off the curb sixteen times onto his own knife".
>>
>>51758781
Nope. It's pretty much stone age to end of the Nineteenth, and it's focused on stabby slashy beyond shooty. BUT there's Ballad of the Laser Whales, which does post-Nineteenth century shit and is focused on Shooty too.
>>
>>51758781
Yes it can! From ancient greece to pike warfare, to ww2 and vietnam to sci fi.
>>
>>51758781
Well right now it can't do it all perfectly, but there's a second game called Ballad of the Laser Whales which can handle everything after the Franco-Prussian War, like WWI and up.

Jimmy's been saying they intend to combine the two games into one hyper-functional mega-game that can run any tech level of campaign. We've already seen the beginning of it.
>>
Jimmy dropping the bants!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKgDgjHDtM

Get back to work and harass some influencers.
>>
>>51758863
>Will Wheaton will never call SoS sexist because of Gizka's fetishisation
>>
>Is this system truly capable of simulating warfare (weapons) from stone age to age of information and maybe beyond?
Yes, but it's not as good at going full operator later on. It still works, mind you, but the flow of combat, the interplay, all the HEMAfaggotry that the base game is intended to simulate, that just isn't there in ranged stuff. The rules are much more oriented towards late medieval firearms than normal ones. That's why they've got a spinoff game (which, assuming all goes well with SoS, may kickstart in a few years). Trying to do modern operator shenanigans in SoS is a lot better than trying to do it in something like D&D, but if you really want to fap to guns it's not quite as optimized for that. Sort of like if you want to do low-powered heroes and vigilantes in mutants and masterminds instead of justice league/guardians of the galaxy type shit, even though both playstyles are officially supported.

It's way WAY fucking better than GURPS at this, but that's not a very high standard. And of course, if you want to make some of the zany esoteric shit that GURPS supports out of the box, you'd need to homebrew and balance it yourself.
>>
>>51758726
>>51758613
The more NPCs the better, I want muh armies
>>
>>51758863
>Jimmy's voice never heard in the whole video
This is not what I turn to Hendel McCaughn for.
>>
>>51758923
Pfft. Only fags use the dedicated setting. Patricians steal it and claim it as their own.
>>
>>51758863
There's still time for the dev team to all get dysentery and shit their intestines out or something like that.
>>
>>51758959
I started GMing for SoS because I went through a month long quest to find the right system for my setting, after I got tired of D&D.

I just like pictures and stats to look at
>>
>>51758992
Yeah. Everything could go wrong still, but hey, time to celebrate at least as long as it lasts.
>>
File: yushman.jpg (66KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
yushman.jpg
66KB, 300x450px
>>51758852
>>51758816
>>51758822
>>51758809

>Laser Whales
I should be less retarded and know that from OP, but i thought Laser Whales was more of an addon than actually two separate games. Good to know.

>Well right now it can't do it all perfectly
I will do, looks solid as it is and seems to flow faster and is more clean that GURPs. I don't like heavy crunch games and i was waiting for something like this for some while now.

>Jimmy's been saying they intend to combine the two games
Prise that musky motherfucker then!!! Godspeed!

>six marines watch somebody fall off the curb sixteen times onto his own knife
Genuine kek there brother.

Thanks guys!!!
>>
>>51758863
You didn't do it until my shiny illustrated and laid out hard copy arrives at my doorstep.
>>
>>51758891
Oh man. That'd be great. Think of the visibility.
>>
>>51758891
I think I'd pop a stiffy if he did.
>>
File: file.png (127KB, 843x829px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
127KB, 843x829px
>>51758863
>got the money so all the work is done
>>
>>51758781
Well, like others said. SoS on its own only brushes on the shooty shooty parts. But they also mentioned Ballad which does that very well imo. So we got SoS for Medival/Renaissance and Ballad for WW2 and beyond.
As for SciFi stuff, Ballad probably works fine. Someone did a Star Wars game with it and said it works wonderfully.

>>51759033
>I should be less retarded and know that from OP, but i thought Laser Whales was more of an addon than actually two separate games. Good to know.
Yeah, it is a bit of both. While SoS was in editing hell, Jimmy started working on Ballad since he had nothing else to do. And ended up improving/changing some core mechanics. Mostly combat, since ranged combat was not very good for a gun heavy game. At least that is how I remember it being said. I joined the threads some time after CotV.
>>
>>51752165
Yeah.
I consider funding Monster Crabs as the most memorable thing imo
>>
>>51759033
>I don't like heavy crunch games
Heavy crunch is definitely how I would describe this game.
>>51759094
Is this what I think it is because if it is that's exactly what I expected, and so should've you.
>>
>>51752165
It isn't the first time /tg/ has memed a project to completion, but I'd say this is probably the largest project in terms of scope that can basically trace its success directly to /tg/.
>>
>>51759033
>I don't like heavy crunch games
The game is a bit heavy though. It's not a giant confusing clusterfuck like GURPS, but there's a fair amount of basic rules involved in combat. It still plays fast, but it's not like Magical Burst or something. Although the battles are faster than MB.
>>
>>51759272
>>51759227
I feel like SoS is a snappy core with a fair bit of bookkeeping that leaves it just fast enough.
>>
>>51759272
It's heavier than a lot of indie stuff but it's still functionally lighter than stuff like GURPS, D&D, Shadowrun, or other stuff that people think of as normal weight just because they have a more traditional design paradigm.
>>
File: armo.jpg (64KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
armo.jpg
64KB, 300x450px
>>51759227
>>51759272

Oh i don't mind some crunch.

If you want a consistent semi-realistic system where you pick up a weapon no matter the age you are in, you will need some base line and some cruch. I don't want Fate, i just don't want to spend 2 hours doing 10 minute 4 people fights like in GURPs.
>>
>>51759337
Once your players know the system, things tighten up very, very quickly. It helps that combats are naturally short because of how easy it is to kill/die, as well.
>>
File: knazy.jpg (71KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
knazy.jpg
71KB, 300x450px
>>51759382

>how easy it is to kill/die

How does it for lack of better word 'simulate' armour? Im not saying knights are immune to everything but they are pretty though nut to crack and its the opposite of easy to kill.

>>51759148
i will check them both, do solo mock fights and try different things and if me and then my players like it i might be on board with it all the way who knows
>>
>>51756400
Yo Jimmy, speaking of that post how do you feel about people directing others to these threads or would you guys prefer to distance yourselves from us and 4chan? Jimmy, are we your mistress?
>>
>>51759434
Well the gap between nakedness and full-plate is 7 armour points and that's a fair bit of damage.
>>
>>51759434
Most weapons can't penetrate armor of any hard variety, but you can attack the joints in armor and other openings to negate it entirely with a bit of a penalty. It's fairly realistic, if you just try to power through armor you're in for a rough time.
>>
>>51759434
Armor reduces the damage you take, but theres like a dozen broad hit areas broken up into like three sub areas each and armor is tracked seperately for each hit area. So wearing something to cover the gaps in your armor is encouraged, and targeting the gaps is as well.
>>
>>51759337
Yeah, a fight like that will run you fifteen or twenty minutes once you know the system. It's a very quick thing to actually run, just a bit slower to learn.

>>51759434
Armor subtracts directly from how hurt you get, and to get a feel for how that works you'd have to look at the wound tables, but armor can completely nullify a wound that will kill a naked man. Still possible to kill somebody through armor with like a bec de corbin or something, but you've got to be strong and most of the time you're better off aiming for any unarmored parts or just thrashing the shit out of them and wearing them out until you can get in to kill them through the visor or something.
>>
File: scale.jpg (63KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
scale.jpg
63KB, 300x450px
>>51759520
>>51759499
>>51759487
>>51759457

That's a lot of (You)s to give back, but completly deserved.
Thanks.
>>
Why is Jimmy's voice so sexy?
>>
Wasn't there a guy called presidente in voska?
>>
>>51759831
He sounds like a chainsmoking middle grader (still backed tho)
>>
File: 1461541814078-2.jpg (118KB, 512x853px) Image search: [Google]
1461541814078-2.jpg
118KB, 512x853px
Post Orredin?
>>
>>51760584
This sickens and interests me.
>>
File: 1485998549479.jpg (489KB, 800x877px) Image search: [Google]
1485998549479.jpg
489KB, 800x877px
>>51760651
>>
>>51760691
That's a dude.

I can tell because I have been training.
>>
>>51760698
Would that be a problem, anon?
>>
>>51760719
Every time I consider megafaggotry I feel the judgement of a thousand ancient Jews weighing upon me.
>>
Did someone post about red-head Din before? I'd assume contextually that the Ohanedin have a lot of reds, because they're supposed to be pre-Roman Iberians. Those guys were pretty Celty right?
>>
>>51760787
>Those guys were pretty Celty right?
...Eh
>>
>>51760787
They were gauls. Hence "port du gal" and "galicia".
>>
File: 1486595728914.jpg (126KB, 450x678px) Image search: [Google]
1486595728914.jpg
126KB, 450x678px
>>51760787
Redheaded elves are pretty great.
>>
File: 20160504135312_1.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160504135312_1.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
>>51760787
I did ask about it a few threads ago. So far the only canon red head is that notfrench chick. So far all of the din we've seen have been blonde and I assume that Burdinadins have generally darker hair or white because brown elves.
>>
>>51760831
Red heads in general are pretty great.
>>
>>51760651
Pretty much my reaction.

Just so you know, there's a nude version as well.
>>
>>51760876
Link?
>>
>thread is lively
>get funded in a day
>thread quickly goes back to normal
Should we be shilling or something?
>>
>>51760990
We should smoke a cigarette and say how great it was
>>
>>51760990
Further shilling would probably have to take place on other sites; I think /tg/ has reached its shill saturation already.
>>
>>51760990
Yes, but I can only do that on Reddit (and I'd not like to waste Opaque's one Kickstarter thread allowance on /r/rpg). I'd have to make a new account to do so on RPG.Net, which would be obvious as shit.
>>
>>51761021
Jimmy should break out his whisky stores and share with us.
>>
>>51761027
Should I preach in front of churches?
>>
>>51761027
What other sites?

>>51761033
If not /r/rpg, where should it be? Or do you mean that we need to find out Jimmy's plan for strategic timing?
>>
>>51761060
I just mean I'd wait for Jimmy to post on /r/rpg before we shill in-thread.
>>51761048
Of course.

Maybe nail some posters up on the door, where the whole Congregation can easily read them.

In English, of course. We do want them to read this. Don't we Jimmy?
>>
>>51761080
Shilling works better when it's not the dev who does it.
>>
>>51761084
Well yeah but I think they'll notice if there's an upsurge in suddenly-SoS comments in unrelated threads.
>>
>>51761080
There's no need to be frantic, let's let things move at their proper pace. We should be very happy that we have succeeded this greatly this quickly, but our fight is far from over. The harder we succeed from this point on, the more momentum we will have to take advantage of.
>>
>>51761183
What's the battle plan Jimbo?

Would you prefer us to hold off making threads on other sites?
>>
>>51761236
Well, what I mean by "proper pace" is that if you're a regular on a board you think could benefit from hearing about the game, make a thread there. What we don't want to do is conspicuously start making accounts at sites none of us have ever been before and disrupting their etiquette by spamming threads about this game none of them have ever heard of. I'd rather the game become known organically.

If you have a content creator you like who you think would be interested in the game, you could send him a link to our kickstarter. We'd certainly be glad to talk to anyone you send our way, we've potentially already got interviews set up with a few people, and more is always better.

In general I just suggest that you be courteous to the people you tell about the game. 4chan is the Scythian wasteland of the internet, our ways seem barbaric to many.
>>
>>51761294
I have a credible account on reddit but don't use /r/rpg, so I could post something but don't know there ways well. Apparently we're limited to one thread, which means you should decide what the timing should be. I suppose the biggest influence might be towards the end, though.
>>
Speaking of reddit

>>51761294
Hey Jimmy, how come y'all made a new reddit and linked it from the new stuff, and apparently dropped the /r/OpaqueIndustries which isn't exactly lively but at least has people.
>>
>>51760990
>>51761027
>>51761033
>>51761048
>>51761080
>>51761084

Just to keep you guys informed: We'll post up info on the best ways to help out when it comes to spreading the word later tonight.

You blew this out of the water by getting it backed in just over 24 hours, really can't thank you enough (so instead we'll focus on getting the product complete).
>>
>>51761366
Ey you fuck you we want our 12k of thanking.
>>
>>51761366
>>51761294
You guys are planning on making a thread on r/rpg though right?
>>
>>51761084
But don't just take our word on how Song of Swords will restore sight to the blind, allow the lame to walk, and will make the world one again; all the following people can independantly attest to it's miraculous properties.

Bobby Carthage
Freddy Syracuse
Bernie Babylon
Billy Corinth
Huey Pergamon
Joey Ravenna
Andy Pella
Ricky Alexandria
Danny Tyre
Hendel McCaughn
Eddie Aleria
Washington Irving
Gerry Sinope
Sammy Memphis
Johnny Tarraco
Mikey Cyrene
Irving Washington
Teddy Camulodunum
Toby Brundisium
Jingo Rumble
Larry Pisae
Stevie Athens

and many, many more.
>>
>>51761466
You could do an AMA!

They like that, I think.
>>
>>51761466
Yeah, I think we're about ready for that.
>>
>>51761552
Thread title: "Song of Swords FINALLY launched their Kickstarter"
>>
>>51761601
Comments: "What's a Song of Swords? Is that the new GoT system?"
>>
>>51761617
"Yes look at how pretty John Snow is redesigned as a short-haired brown woman now card details if you please."
>>
>>51761661
Better idea let's NOT do nothing shady with sock puppets so when someone screencaps this conversation we don't look like idiots.
>>
>>51761661
The most important thing is to upvote the thread within ten minutes of its creation. I'm...not sold on alt-accounts. That's both possible to guess at and actually against Reddit's rules (just saying "I pay this game and I like it" isn't). But, most of all, we should never, ever discuss things like this on an open forum. Ha.

Me and Cruxador and a few others have accounts, at least.
>>
>>51761661
Shady tactics have too much chance to cause backlash, especially since 4chan is known for that kind of thing. Reddit mods can see IPs used anyway.
>>
>>51753710
You're here forever.
>>
>>51761688
And I'd like to imagine we have enough faith in our beloved system that we wound stoop to that level.
>>
>>51761699
Admins might be able to, but I don't think mods can.

In any case I think we've all got proxies, at least. Putlocker ain't gonna open on its own.
>>51753710
Let me put it this way: shitposting in these threads is one of my fondest childhood memories.
>>
>>51761617
The trick is, then we all get in first and celebrate and upvote. Whoever has an account, which is hopefully enough people. Then when people ask those questions, we answer them. And if anyone's just "ur gay lol" then downvote.
>>
File: 1485860010001.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485860010001.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>51761661
This is like literally what I told you to definitely not do.
>>
>>51761690
>Me and Cruxador
Are you that guy who follows me around and goes "Hey, why are you everywhere?" to me on every part of the internet?
>>
>>51761766
Senpai we can still see all the replies calling you a mongoose.
>>51761772
Yes.
>>
>>51755042
The combat system from Riddle of Steel is fantastic at having dice probabilities that are easy to estimate, compare, and get a feel for. People love it so much they've gone and made three separate successor games to Riddle. Because you have to think one or two actions ahead, you fret over each die you allocate to the two Actions in a Round. Each die added or taken away from a roll is a meaningful choice with real consequence. I think one of the best compliments you can give a game is it compels you to make tough, meaningful choices. SoS combat is a game of risk management, so you've got the 'tightness in your chest' feeling you get from Blood Bowl and X-COM (and XCOM), games like that, where you do your best planning and approach and let the dice fall where they may.
>>
>>51761366
Hey Skullface we know Jimmy but we don't know you. Five simple questions.

1: Your favorite fantasy series
2: Your favorite sword
3: How familiar are you with 17th century Polish Nationalism
4: Which Din produces the best girls
5: Have you ever played the game you're trying to sell
>>
>>51761475
Don't forget to add Mike Pence to the list.
>>
File: 1460345987130.jpg (44KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460345987130.jpg
44KB, 350x450px
>>51759094
>sui generis
>planetary annihilation
Ouch
>>
What made /tg/ latch onto SoS like it did? Years of constant, constant threads bore the fruit of a successful Kickstarter. What created this momentum?
>>
>>51762188
1. Druss
2. Falcata, though my first love was the yataghan... and I not so secretly yearn for the khopesh.
3. Well I do read these threads.
4. Burdinadin are my personal favorites. Something enticing about that sterile, cold, emotionless armor shell.
5. Yup.
>>
>>51762398
A friend of mine in secondary school backed that shit for £120.

It's still a sore point.
>>
>>51762422
A love of fecht sparked by John Galt
Jimmy's personality
The yearning for the truth behind medieval weapons and armor - a woefully understudied subject
The ascendancy of HEMA
Donald J. Trump
Folks interested enough in the game to put in effort without expectation of reward
>>
>>51762474

Who is John Galt?
>>
>>51762549
An ultranationalist Serbian house-flipping vampire.
>>
Is there a changelog somewhere for the differences between versions 1.9.9 and 1.2?
>>
>>51762422
>>51762474
Also it being one of the comfiest generals on tg, with a lot of spirited historical discussion and dick stabbings.
>>
>>51763070
I don't have one, but I can tell you the Boon & Bane table properly lists Haemophilia's cost as 8 in v1.2 instead of the erroneous 7 in v1.9.9.
>>
>>51762431
>Armor fetish
You belong here.
>>
>>51762431
>I do read these threads.
How come you so rarely post?
>>
>>51763209
He probably posts anonymously like all cool, straight, and intelligent people do.
>>
>>51763250
>cool, straight, and intelligent
>Opaque Industries
Is Jimmy just the black sheep?
>>
>>51752121

So I admit to only glancing sideways at Song of Swords all the time that I've seen threads up. Seeing the kickstarter was a 'Those absolute Madmen' moment. Best of luck to you guys.
>>
>>51763085
Also sepsis
>>
>>51757341
Homebrew isn't homebrew anymore if the dev team "takes it into consideration" then adopts it into the main game wholesale.
>>
>>51763509
Danke schoen. We will make RPGs great again.
>>
>thread is dead again
>kickstarter is stalled
Is this a result of the uninspiring stretch goals, or was it inevitable?
>>
>>51764973
It was the kick of all of the fans who have waited finally being granted release. Our collective exhalation (and NEET bux) was enough to carry the kickstarter to launch.

We need normie cash now to carry it farther.
>>
>>51764973
It stalled out last night in Eastern Burger Time too.
>>
>>51764973
Remain calm m8.
>>
>>51765008
We need to market to foreigners.
>>
>>51765024
Thread's a bit too calm for something we've been waiting on for four years, honestly.
>>
File: highimpactsexualviolence.jpg (65KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
highimpactsexualviolence.jpg
65KB, 400x489px
>jimjam mentioned a kickstarter
>assume it was just yet more soonposting
>leave 4chan for a bit
>come back
>the kickstarter not only fucking happened, but it's fully fucking funded

Is this the twilight zone?
>>
>>51765038
Sorry, I'm binging Schitt's Creek.
>>
Someone post the lore about that voscan king who killed the marju by baiting them into a winter invasion then starving them all to death by raiding his own peasants harder.
>>
File: elf.png (1MB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
elf.png
1MB, 900x1000px
Jimmy is asleep
Post elves
>>
File: that's your growing erection.jpg (156KB, 700x1076px) Image search: [Google]
that's your growing erection.jpg
156KB, 700x1076px
>>51765391
>>
File: valak.jpg (119KB, 1620x334px) Image search: [Google]
valak.jpg
119KB, 1620x334px
>>51765289
I'll bet you could've just made something up like that without knowing Jimmy had written it, because it sounds like the kind of story he'd write.
>>
File: Ruvian.jpg (85KB, 600x925px) Image search: [Google]
Ruvian.jpg
85KB, 600x925px
>>51765440
How have I not seen this before?
>>
>>51765440
this needs to go on the wiki
>>
>>51765440
Jesus CHRIST.
>>
And don't forget that Zoph'Escher is actively speeding of the heat death of the universe so he can water his crops, at a rate of a millennium per every several seconds.
>>
>>51765289
>>51765440
>>51765472
>>51765526

So basically Russians? Da?
>>
>>51752121

Hello guys and gals, this is Claymore speaking.

I just wanted to say how very excited I am to share this moment with all of you. No number of nordic protection runes and cans of Monster could have brought us here alone. Every one of you, this thread, has been the beating heart of our project since the beginning and now we're fighting to make the dream real.

Every character concept, every rule argument, every dick stabbed has brought us all to this point, has stoked the fire in our bellies and pushed us. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'll leave you with the same epic, corny proclamation I've been listening to ever since we hit 100%.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznVXzPuwL0

Truly, thank you all.
>>
>>51765640
>I'll leave you with the same epic, corny proclamation I've been listening to ever since we hit 100%.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxXfHxceMg4
FTFY
>>
File: true king face.jpg (38KB, 594x550px) Image search: [Google]
true king face.jpg
38KB, 594x550px
>>51765640
Go forth and prosper. Publish, and print.
Let a thousand thousand men stain their tables with blood shed in your name.
>>
>>51765640
lol gay
>>
>>51765038
We've been waiting so long we ran out of things to say about the Kickstarter before it actually happened.
>>
>>51765906
I have a ton of questions, I'm just in shock that we actually did it.
>>
>>51765038
We're in the afterglow.
>>
>>51765640
We've all together bought one more year of Soon posting.
Feb 2018. Make it happen. We'll be jeering all the way.

Holy shit it's happening is this what hype feels like? It's been so long.
>>
>>51766024
2017 has been a damn fine year.
>>
File: Aud7.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aud7.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
But wait! There's more!

Song of Swords isn't the only thing that's happening!

I'm currently in talks with Guy Windsor about creating an official Audatia mod for Tabletop Simulator. Expect to see it on the Steam workshop within a month!
>>
Alright everyone. Firstly, you are obviously amazing. 24 hours and you completely destroyed the goal. Graphs don’t know what to even do with themselves (pic related).

Now, some of you have been asking what you can do to help support the project even further.
While I'd hesitate to ask more after this stunning performance, I will say the best thing you can do right now is to spread the word via social media or other websites.

It looks like some of you are already on this, as these threads have popped up:
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?36131-Kickstarter-Song-of-Swords
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/song-of-swords-rpg-now-on-kickstarter.494800/
https://www.reddit.com/r/kickstarter/comments/5ucnwi/song_of_swords_a_tabletop_rpg_to_reinvent_combat/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

Given people have already started, I’ll say that the best thing you can do to help is to jump in these threads you’ve already made and discuss the game. Keep them alive for as long as you can. Talk about lore, share stories of early campaigns, run fechts if able. These people know nothing of what’s been happening on /tg/ so now is a great time to share the best of it. Don’t worry about doing it all at once, we want to have ongoing conversations, to attract as many people as possible. Ideally we can keep them alive for at least a week with posts every day.

As many have already said this works a lot better when it comes from the community as opposed to the creators. That being said Jimmy, Claymore, and I will still be joining in as often as possible and posting daily.

My only additional ask (which is obvious to you), please follow all forum rules so we don’t get blacklisted. And be as welcoming to new people as possible. Try not to direct them off their respective forum as the idea is to grow a community base there. (unless you're sending them to the Kickstarter or Website).

(con't)
>>
File: deusvult.jpg (27KB, 587x427px) Image search: [Google]
deusvult.jpg
27KB, 587x427px
>>51766132

Now to keep everyone in the loop:

What we’re also working on:

1) We’ve contacted blogs, and are going to continue contacting them throughout the Kickstarter Campaign.

2) We’re intending to make an official r/rpg/ thread, there’s just a small issue we need to clear up with the mods of that board first (there was a super old Song of Swords post made, and they have thread limits for Kickstarter things).

3)We’re putting together an audio intro of how the game works.

Opinion Polling:
Give us some feedback on stretch goals! We made the current ones after reviewing old surveys and reviewing our estimated budget and work capacity. We put a lot of thought into them but I’d love to hear more directly on what would get you guys excited:

http://freesuggestionbox.com/pub/uaflvev

You can leave suggestions there, as it’s more permanent and easier to review later than an archived thread.

Even though the Kickstarter is live these stretch goals can still change--so now’s the chance to officially tell us what you want.
>>
>>51766128
Neat

>>51766132
>>51766151
Schweet.
>>
>>51766151
Do you guys have plans for Ballad?
>>
>>51766151
>>51766132
Don't forget - once you have actually have a fucking up to date PDF - to shill at Lindybeige and Matt Easton. These boys have loud opinions and healthy audiences.
>>
Friendly remember that one piece of the setting lore is that Ireland is poised to team up with France and reenact the Deluge on Scotland/England
>>
>>51766151
>that success prediction
Whose math is that shit on?How does 90% funding at twelve hours wind up at 5% success chance?
>>
>>51766151
>>51766132

Less time consuming things you can also do to help out are going to our social media pages and website blog, and sharing and liking posts.

Every share, like or comment will help improve our web presence.

Thanks again, this is one hell of a ride.
>>
>>51766220
And Skallagrim and Thegn and Metatron and Knyght Errant
>>
>>51766132
>https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/
Hey, why did you guys drop the opaqueindustries subreddit with actual people on it?
>>
File: soonposting.png (12KB, 750x100px) Image search: [Google]
soonposting.png
12KB, 750x100px
Is the taste of bile and bitter lies finally washed out of your mouth with the sweet ambrosia of our tears, Jimmy? Now that they fall from joy and not sorrow?
>>
>>51766245
And Swordschool and Sword Carolina and Jake Norwood and Samantha Swords
>>
>>51766260
And Roland Warzecha and Milo Yiannopolous and LondonLongsword and Blood and Iron HEMA
>>
>>51766238
I think that's just how long it took the algorithm it uses to respond to the changes. Maybe it only checks every couple of hours?

Actually on second thought I don't know how they came up with that.
>>
>>51766238
Right? I'm guessing it happened to quickly for the site to accurately update and predict. (It was some third-party site, kicktracker). Gave me a chuckle.

>>51766246
So two reasons: Firstly because it was old and had outdated information on it. We wanted a fresh web presence outside of /tg/.

Secondly because we wanted to make this about Song of Swords, not Opaque Industries. Opaque will grow with time alongside related projects like >>51766217 but the key to a good social/web presence is consistent and clear messaging and URLs. Half our stuff was Opaque, the other Half was SoS. Had to pick one, and the game itself won out.

Not ideal, but I think it will pay off in the long term.
>>
>>51766335
Well I'm gonna keep on answering people's questions on the old reddit anyway.
>>
>>51766291
Let's have Talhoffer and Donald Trump and Fiore Dei Liberi weigh in while we're at it.
>>
Little quote which seems somehow Ballad-appropriate:

“I have been briefed. I and I can tell you, one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say, because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it, nuclear holocaust would be like no other.”
— D. Trump
>>
>>51766433
How about Sargon of Akkad? He seems pretty chill and loves history.
>>
>>51766541
He also does RPG stuff, so maybe.
>>
>>51766541
Or how about his little girl Enheduanna? She did good work with the Sumerians.
>>
>>51765108
Celebrate by giving us £500!
>>
>>51762188
Are you retarded?
>>
>>51763209
I think Jimmy at one point banned all other opaque dudes from posting.
>>
What's the picture on the magic compendium? Is it one we've seen before?

any chance of a higher res version?
>>
>>51767078
ditto about the cover art.
>>
Is there a bestiary of some sort somewhere, or am I going to have to make up stats for crocodiles and other exotic gribblies?
>>
>>51767653
Yea, you gotta.
>>
>>51767730
Sounds like something that would make a good stretch goal for the KS (related to the latest update). So would a setting book (wikis are a bit hard to reference offline).
>>
>>51760937
Not him, but I have some of his stuff downloaded. Here's the link to the artist.
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=110334
The hardest part was finding somone of his work in my unsorted folder. Fuck this.
>>
>>51760852
>>51760787
Pretty sure Zells (can) have red hair.
>>
>>51763911
I'm a bit sad about the lack of sepsis of late. We hardly even have fechts or duels anymore too.
>>
>>51762584
Dip.
>>
>>51762398
oi, the Guys from Baremettle are still working on Exanima. Sometimes. I think.
The last patch was january this year iirc.
And PA is ... it's okay. For most parts SupCom 1 is better though.

>>51764973
I still haven't pledged my 150 bucks, because prepaid CCs suck. I couldn't buy it with 150 bucks. Only with 100, and I just went to the bank to transfer another 50 buckos to the CC. Hopefully it will be on it today.
>>
>>51768468
>For most parts
For all parts
>The last patch was january this year iirc.
Actually it was just a little bit ago, but sui genesis is vaporware
>>
>>51765440
Ravensburgs are all vampires, right?
>>
>>51767765
>Sounds like something that would make a good stretch goal for the KS (related to the latest update). So would a setting book (wikis are a bit hard to reference offline).

No that's a terrible stretch goal. GM Chapter and Bestiary/NPC template chapters are mandatory in every RPG.
>>
>>51769337
They don't have much of a bestiary in the current beta, beyond what's in the mounts and beasts section, so unless they add a few chapters for the final release it won't have one.
>>
>>51769337
I've seen some really shitty and or non-existent bestiaries. LotFP's boils down to "eh fuck it, just find an old ad&d mm, here's a chart for statting animals based solely on weight and winging it". Anima if I remember correctly flat out doesn't have one. I recall the edition of shadowrun I tried had an absolutely tiny and unhelpful one consisting entirely of generic corporate/gangland response teams.

Bestiaries are literally fucking gold you're dumping into a gm's lap. Full of inspiration and unique mechanics gleaned by the system mastery only the creators could have (ideally). Plot hooks, tone, flavor. To not have one, or to act like my examples is a shame.
>>
>>51760852
What game is this?
>>
>>51769430
>Anima if I remember correctly flat out doesn't have one.
Anima core's got Chapters 25-27 (common creatures like farmers and dogs, creation of creatures, and supernatural creatures respectively), as well as Those Who Walked Amongst Us Vol 1.
>>
>>51769438
Dragon's Dogma, an excellent game hampered only by devastating cuts which render it disjointed and superficial.
>>
>>51769473
Ah I'm thinking of something else then. Though i remember hearing what I'm assuming was TWWAU coming out much later than the system itself.

I'll be honest with you, I firmly believe that volume should be in the core book, and those creation rules should be separate. Nothing like slapping a new gm, or group in general with a bunch of customization rules without examples. I mean I'm sure there are power suggestions, but like any book ever gets those right, or that they're even remotely catch all for its player base.
>>
Hook the Blade, Beat the Leg
>>
>>51769501
You misunderstand. They don't have separate creation rules for regular and supernatural creatures, Chapter 26 is creation rules for all creatures, and Chapter 27 is a bunch of pre-created supernatural creatures. Dragons and elementals and shit.

The creation rules also need to be in core because a number of spells allow your spellcaster to create their own critter, which uses those rules.
>>
>>51769545
Ah, well my I stand corrected. Point still stands about lamentations and shadowrun though.
>>
>>51769531
Mock the Cretin.
>>
I've got a question, my dudes. Say a man is self taught up to level 5 with 2H swords, but his friend invites him to a soldier school, and he goes on from that point. How does the proficiency level work?
>>
>>51765440
Sartur must be pleased
>>
>>51769791
He would start from scratch with the proficiencies he learns in the soldier school. Even if he already knows 1H sword, if he's using the soldier school 1H sword he'll use that prof level even if it's lower. Crucially, however he would have an entirely new set of talents. You declare what proficiency you're using at the start of a round and use it until Refresh.
>>
>>51769831
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks
>>
>>51766553
Oh really? Cool, thanks anon, I'll look into that.
>>
>>51770190
He'd just tell you to keep all your stats average because that way you aren't too extreme.
>>
>>51768989
The same family name appears to run both Valak and Kubovic, but it might be a Hapsburg-Branch thing.
>>
Since when have we been allowed to post kickstarters here? This shit used to get you banned.
>>
>>51770324
It states that they came over from Kasel on the church's orders. Maybe that why the Genosians let them survive, they use them for wetwork and stuff.
>>
>>51770324
Maybe they were just the only ones who wanted to run these terrible eastern european shitholes, and one half of them ended up getting Vamped, and the other turned into cannibals.
>>
>>51770337
The SoS threads have been going on for years, it just happened to finally enter the kickstarter phase. Same thing that happened with Kingdom Death.
>>
>>51770337
Spamming kickstarters did. Posting relevant kickstarter links in existing threads didn't, and the SoS development threads have existed for a long time.
>>
On the way to the first stretch goal. Here's hoping it can be pushed to the adventure at least.
>>
So will this setting let me have a goblin waifu as a non goblin character?

This is important to my pledge jimjams
>>
>>51770527
>goblin
>as non goblin

I don't understand.
>>
>>51770545
He wants to play a non-goblin who has a goblin waifu, I think.
>>
>>51770527
Most of the setting would probably revile you as a degenerate, as you'd be fucking some gollum like creature that literally cannot stand the light of day, but it's your prerogative man.
>>
File: C4VX1-QWIAEnynL.jpg (49KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
C4VX1-QWIAEnynL.jpg
49KB, 640x497px
>>51770527
I can't imagine why not, but goblins are gross man.
>>
>>51770561
Bingo

>>51770660
Well that's part of why I'm asking, I have no idea what she-goblins look like in this setting.
>>
>>51770701
They can look like whatever you want, my man
>>
>>51770701
>>51770701
If you want to appeal to canon rather than making adjustments to taste:

"Goblins are physically slight, and have thin, downy hair on their heads. They can have alarmingly large eyes due to their environment, and can see in the dark with great precision. The average Goblin stands at 3'5", and weighs 50 lbs. Their eyes are large and lack whites and irises, being entirely pupillary. Their hair is usually white or pale yellow, but is sometimes red or a ruddy brown. Their skin tends to range from a fishbelly-white to a darker green tinge. Exposure to the sun darkens them as it tans Humans, turning them a darker green. It is rumored that if Goblins are well-fed and long-lived, some may begin to grow horns."

It should also be noted that goblins can fully recover from any wound that does not kill them, including regrowing lost limbs, so all your sick S&M fetishes are fair play.
>>
Where are the orcs though?
>>
>>51770831
>>>/out/
>>
>>51770697
THOSE HELMETS WEREN'T INVENTED BY THE THIRD CRUSADE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: elf_spear.jpg (833KB, 2999x4329px) Image search: [Google]
elf_spear.jpg
833KB, 2999x4329px
>>51770831
Everyone kept killing them so they evolved into white people.
>>
>>51755858
>Yeah, that's the biggest contender I can think of, but it didn't kickstart

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/viralgames/engine-heart-is-coming-to-a-store-near-you
>>
>>51767057
Why even?
>>
File: HUUHUU.png (401KB, 866x676px) Image search: [Google]
HUUHUU.png
401KB, 866x676px
>>
>>51771073
Because they couldn't handle the bants. Bones and Claymore probably got tired of being called names.
>>
>>51770831
More seriously, Jimmy wants his setting to be about realpolitik and the stories and sufferings of common people in the face of fantastic circumstances.
Orcs are essentially a designated enemy, a thing to be killed without remorse, and even though this can be subverted, even allowing that concept into his setting would be against the theme. He proceeded to add the Marju, but hey.

Goblins are reviled, sure, but theyre piteous wretches that pose no real threat to any of the other groups on a societal level. Theyre vermin. They lost the great game ages ago, and that theyre still alive is surprising and probably a great cosmic joke.
>>
>>51770966
I always assumed the O-Din just killed and ate them all. Closest they can ever get to bacon.
>>
>>51771227
The Marju are the good guys and you know it.

They ARE the humans setting up an empire despite fantastic superiority.
>>
>>51771073
It might have been because of that one dude who got fired for being useless.

But that might have been another thing.
>>
>>51771475
I think it was because some of them weren't chan-folk and they were getting trolled hard.
>>
>>51771641
>>51771641
>>51771641
>>
>succeeded in 24 hours
>reached stretch goal 1 within 48 hours
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.