[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 437
Thread images: 73

File: impwepgeneral.jpg (276KB, 1271x1500px) Image search: [Google]
impwepgeneral.jpg
276KB, 1271x1500px
Glorious Imperial Steel Folded 1000 Times Will Cut Through Anything, Filthy Xenos Go Home edition

>Neighborly Thread
>>51707683

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDu04O22mJ8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Please stop using Rubrics as book marks)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
I might be having a moment, but I'm not seeing the White Scars supplement in the MEGAs.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also, Fulgrim's coming back. Who excite here?
>>
>>51714017
It's called "Kauyon," or "Angels of Death."
>>
File: IMG_3484.jpg (81KB, 566x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3484.jpg
81KB, 566x608px
>any of these but Furious Charge on a Winged DP of Khorne with Axe of Blind Fury
HNNNG
>>
>>51713971
>Still not Sailor Celestine, Sailor Greyfax Jupiter, Sailor Veilwaker Pluto Yet

GOD DAMMIT DRAWFAGS!
>>
https://mega.nz/#!0VMEUDwY!sHAG1fL-7LjOSFSnCqN8IMnMcU2990lRvX5czVBZE6c

https://mega.nz/#!RBlDHBwJ!dzZZqU_71Cd_xDQZBF84nlFLrD1Qsyp6gZ0JqZPQxk8
>>
Best way to make your own minis? Don't want to buy from (((Them))).
>>
>>51714205
I thought there were online only supplements for WS and RG separate from those books.
>>
>>51714259
then don't play this game.
>>
>>51714259
Greenstuff. But with the amount of medical bills from your blood pressure shooting through the stratosphere while sculpting, you're better off buying GW.
>>
>>51714278
I'd be willing to buy a bunch of models, but not the entire chapter I want.
>>
>>51714230

It's only vaguely related but I really wish Warlord Traits would offer more ranged rules. So few lists for them actually give stuff for warlords who shoot rather than stab.
>>
Idea for helping deal with MCs or otherwise units that are too durable:

AP2/AP1 weapons deal D3 wounds when a 6 is rolled to wound. This does not affect wounds caused by Rending.

Thoughts?
>>
File: tedcruzgiphy.gif (8MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tedcruzgiphy.gif
8MB, 800x800px
>>51714259
3dpd
3d printed
>>
File: Well then.jpg (50KB, 159x578px) Image search: [Google]
Well then.jpg
50KB, 159x578px
>>51714299
>but not the entire chapter I want.
>>
>>51714333
3d printing always has those horrible lines though and isn't really passable in the examples I've seen.
>>
Lexicanum or the Warhammer Wiki for basic lore?
>>
>>51714341

Probably not accurate but maybe he means the old 'counts as' rules back from before Space Marines had Chapter Tactics tacked on to unit profiles.

Like how you could legit run Calgar, just as an Imperial Fist. Thereby making him not shit by merit of Imperial Fists are the only cool original Space Marines.
>>
>>51714268
I think someone just broke WS and RG off from Kauyon and uploaded it.
>>
>>51714357
maybe you should get gud
>>
>>51714259
Just buy off eBay.
>>
File: UM_Astartes_Ultra.png (7MB, 2472x3636px) Image search: [Google]
UM_Astartes_Ultra.png
7MB, 2472x3636px
>>51714341
>>51714363
No, he was accurate, OCD is a bitch
>>
>>51714320

The problem is not MCs, it's a very specific handful of MC's spread across exactly 2 Codexs.
Rather than introducing yet another bandaid that just happens to fuck over 'Nids, just errata the problematic units.
> Wraithknight goes up +100pts
> Riptide goes up +30pts, remove Ion overcharge but keep the Nova one
> Stormsurge cannot Stomp when braced, D-Missiles get the Ordnance rule.
>>
>>51714320

Honestly moving everything to W/T and bringing in Multiple Wounds would likely be a good move for 40k.

Here is your tank. It is T7 with a 3+ save and 5 wounds. Here is your meltagun. It is Str 8 AP 1 with Multiple Wounds (D3). At 6 inches or less it becomes multiple wounds d6.
>>
>>51714360
Lexicanum for bare-bones 99% factual stuff, WH40kwiki for 50% copy/paste 50% fanon stuff.
>>
>>51714374
>Used models
>Ever
>>
>>51714320
Torsion cannon
>>
>>51714400
Radical, I need things to peruse in between classes
>>
>>51714387
If you bought every single one of those models fully assembled and had everything single one of them delivered to where you live tomorrow and had a full and free supply of brushes, paint, primer, and basing material it would still take the rest of your life to fully paint that chapter.
You mad bastard
>>
File: Biel Tan spurdo.png (46KB, 796x892px) Image search: [Google]
Biel Tan spurdo.png
46KB, 796x892px
Reminder to remove Ynnari on sight.
>>
>>51714420
just remember in either case you're better off looking at the source and reading the information there

both sites have a weird habit of omitting or changing information
>>
File: SmugRaven2.png (26KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
SmugRaven2.png
26KB, 510x546px
>>51714423
>Implying I do anything else in my spare time aside from shitpost.
Thank you for believing in me.
>>
>>51714433
But dem hips tho
>>
>>51714441
Oh I'm aware, but for some reason I had it backwards for a while and was reading from the wiki, then saw people recommending Lexicanum accompanied with seeing misinformation on the wiki, but I wanted to be sure
>>
>>51714465
How often do you think the Visarch hits that?
>>
>>51714488
Why do you think he cuts people to pieces so quickly? Needs to get back to dat ass.
>>
File: REMOVE YNNARI!.jpg (413KB, 900x616px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE YNNARI!.jpg
413KB, 900x616px
>>51714465
REMOVE!!!
>>
>>51714465
I'd join her warhost, if you know what I mean.

>>51714488
Never, he's too busy white knighting her, literally
>>
I was rolling on the Chapter creation tables to get some ideas, when I stumbled upon the Bestial companion result. Basically saying the chapter used animals like how the space wolves used wolves.

Is that even feasible to do on the tabletop? I can't think of many Imperial Beast or Cavalry models outside of allying space wolves, and then you're stuck with those handfuls of space wolves in your army.
>>
>>51714459
Why do some Space Marines have those circle things in their head?
>>
File: Kantor.jpg (95KB, 800x655px) Image search: [Google]
Kantor.jpg
95KB, 800x655px
Quick question, is it good to place Pedro Kantor on a unit such as the Honor Guard or Assault Terminators squad other than the Sternguard Veterans?
>>
>>51714488

Only when he earns it.
>>
>>51714423
Some guy recreated the entire battle of waterloo right down to the correct number of soldiers by himself. That was painting something like 200,000 soldiers by himself, and it only took 20 years. I'm certain anon could finish a chapter within a decade.

The entire Ultramarines Legion might be a different story though.
>>
>>51714533
Service studs, they denote years of service.
>>
>>51714533
Implants. Helps neophytes become actual Space Marines.
>>
File: I cast haste.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
I cast haste.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>51714512
Count-as bikes for cavalry. Really it's kind of dumb since Space marines are heavy as fuck and their power armor won't let them spread their hips that wide
>>
>>51714533
Sometimes a shoota hits but it rarely wounds
>>
>>51714566
My goal for this year is to build and paint my whole chapter.

I've got about 14% of the infantry for it, calling them my Iron Fists. Cause Iron Hands are competitive cheddar for tournament scene, while Imperial Fists are cool and fluffy.

Seriously, please let the new edition give Imperial Fist Chapter Tactics that don't just fuck up buildings. I would play them in a heartbeat if they didn't have only one good thing. Then again, they're effective in Skyhammer because you can be a massive troll with ObSec H Bolter Devs that can combat squad out to 4 teams of 3/2 and just lay down assloads of pinning fire while your jump marines clean house.

You know, if the meta wasn't so fucking loaded with MCs that can't be pinned.
>>
>>51714566
painting a full chaos space marine warband is what separates the men from the boys

>warbands typically have thousands of chaos cultists
>cultists exist in model form so ya gotta paint em

gg

space marines have serfs and such too of course but no model representation
>>
File: Yncarne.jpg (104KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Yncarne.jpg
104KB, 1200x675px
>>51714433
bby you ready to feed She who Thirsts mid game?
>>
Seriously though, short of an entire chapter when do you stop collecting and still maintain maximum variety?
>>
>>51714687
>soul blaze
is this the most over-estimated special rule in the game? It's so worthless and it never does anything
>>
>>51714687
>bby
Mcfucking kill yourself
>>
>>51714708
For marines? A full company is a good stopping point.
>>
>>51714708
You never stop collecting you just sorta go with the flow.
I've collected less than a company's worth of space marines but outside of a few modeling projects I have distantly planned I'm getting ready to move onto another army or delve into 30k for a change.
>>
>>51714713

Not everyone plays MEQs.
It's a big deal for IG players who have low toughnesss/bad saves.
>>
>>51714488
Enough to begin saving the Eldar race singlehandedly.
>>
Where to start with Eldar / Ynnari?

I'm leaning towards Wraith-everything, with some Aspect warriors. I've got some Banshees, ebaying some warp spiders, Fire Dragons look cool.

Was thinking of getting 2-3 Start Collecting Eldar kits, Wraithknight, 2 boxes of wraith guard, and then I'm lost.

What's good? Any goodness from the new faction?
>>
>>51714713
Pretty much. It's tedious to keep track of and rarely does anything.

Personally, I'd change it so it dealt 3+d3 S 5 AP 3 ignores cover hits if they don't move next turn, and d3 if they do. Then it'd be good for flushing out cover camping units that lack really heavy armor.
>>
File: goodfeelings.jpg (22KB, 370x250px) Image search: [Google]
goodfeelings.jpg
22KB, 370x250px
>>51714762
>Saving the Eldar Race
>Feeds the biggest craftworld to Slaanesh.

RIP Biel-Tan
You were delicious.
>>
File: IMG_3487.jpg (161KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3487.jpg
161KB, 400x588px
>>51714671
>Iron Fists, an Imperial Fists sucessor chapter
>>
>>51714773
>What's good? Any goodness from the new faction?
Dark Eldar taxi service comes without having to take the mandatory troops choices, which is nice.
>>
>>51714708
Get about 5-10 of each Devastator.
Get 20-40 Assault Marines and magnetize their Jump Packs.
Get roughly 40-80 Tacticals.
Get 50-10 of each Tactical Special Weapon
Get 3 Power Armor Captains and magnetize.
Get 3 Terminator Captains and magnetize.
Get 3 Chaplains (Jump, Terminator, magnetize a torso so he can footslog or bike).
Get 3-6 Librarians (of whatever armor type)
3 Land Raiders. Magnetize guns. If you ever need more than three Land Raider's you're doing something wrong cause that's 750 fucking points what the fuck m8
3 Predators with Lascannons
6 Razorbacks because they become rhinos once you pop off the turret.
10 Drop Pods. Because either go full pods or don't. 1-3 pods are fine for delivering gravturions or dreads to the table.
15 bikes. Because bikes.

Maybe some of the flyer models too if you really like. 2 of the transports, 4 of the gunships. Because if you're gonna field them, use the formation so you get bang for buck.
>>
>>51714713
>>51714751
lelwut. it's literally just 1d3 bolter shots. not even that, the *possibility* of 1d3 bolter shots. maybe people have not been using it correctly in your games.

what makes it useless is the retarded fact that it doesn't stack, it should at least stack to a certain degree. it would actually be useful if you could max out like 5 soul blaze tokens on a unit, then it would be worth it at the price it costs now.
>>
>>51714822
That and actually being able to start the game deployed in the vehicle.
>>
>>51714795
The souls of Biel-Tan are with Ynnead, not Slaanesh.
>>
>>51714825
What about termies?
>>
>>51714825
5-10 tactical spec weapons.

And of course you're gonna want 9 Grav Cannon Centurions because fuck not running cheese in a world where Wraithknights and Riptides are 8/8 tournament slots.
>>
>>51713971

this should be on OP

>https://trackofwords.wordpress.com/2017/02/11/black-library-there-and-back-again-with-laurie-goulding/

>When Games Workshop had been making its sales figures public for that time to their investors and putting it out in the financial sector with its annual reports, it was quite obvious that the HUGELY profitable Black Library division had dropped down to almost nothing. It was because of the direction that we’d been given, and all of our authors were being asked to work on tie-in products for Studio stuff in order to basically provide marketing material for the games or for new miniatures.
>>
>>51714387
>tfw 8th reserve company would probably be able to take on entire 1st Company and Chapter Command

Grav was a mistake.
>>
>>51714581
I guess that could work, since I hasn't planned on any bikes yet anyway. Still feels a bit weird though.
>>
>>51714858
5-10 Hammernators
5 Clawbros
10 Shooty Terminators with magnetized H Flamer (for Space hulk) and Assault Cannon.

You really rarely ever field them. If anything you're throwing Hammernators into an LR Redeemer/Crusader with a Chaplain and hoping to fuck to crack open a Knight or some other retarded superheavy.

Terminators are OK, but they don't do a whole lot. Especially if you gimp their ride.
>>
>>51714795
>Slaanesh

Funny way of spelling Ynnead...
>>
>>51714773
>Where to start with Eldar / Ynnari?
>I'm leaning towards Wraith-everything, with some Aspect warriors. I've got some Banshees, ebaying some warp spiders, Fire Dragons look cool.
their wraith-host formation and then a standard CAD with an Archon delivery service
>>
>>51714536
Pedro himself can't deep strike so putting him in with termies would be an odd choice unless you are sticking them in a LR.

Even then If you want to assault then you would be better off putting him in an honour guard. That way you can get access to a chapter banner and can make a nice shiny deathstar.
>>
>>51714708
most people who stick with the hobby for years end up with thousands of points worth of shit they will never paint. that is why I am limiting myself to a single faction, I will only ever play chaos space marines (okay, with daemons and R&H allies too but nothing major. still the same "faction")

right now my goal is to have at least 2 of each unit in the chaos codex, I am maybe 40% there. After that I will check out some forgeworld stuff, and begin fluffing up my infantry. I want to loosely represent most of my warband in model form, and have a nice variety of lists, so I'm thinking around 200 tactical marines (already have ~100 from a combination of MSRP, FLGS used lots, and ebay) and 300 cultists to let me run horde sometimes.
>>
>>51714886
Fluffwise, grav weapons are pretty rare and hard to maintain. It's unlikely that the chapter has enough of them to go around for the full company. At best, a tech savvy chapter with good ad mech ties may have a dozen or so for their devastaors, and a dozen or so pistols. I could actually see them having more normal gravguns than the others, since they aren't as compact as pistols, but aren't as powerful as cannons.

What was really a mistake was this not being reflected in the rules at all. Ideally, Grav guns would be like helfrost. Rare upgrade for Dreadnoughts and HQs
>>
>>51714852
>>51714931
>Mystical warp entity that feeds on eldar souls
>Avatar has same stats as a keeper of secrets
>Model looks like a croneworld eldar demon prince of Slaanesh
Oh yeah, Ynnead is totally not Slaanesh. No way. Just like Khaine and Khorne are totally different!
>>
As cool as formations are, they completely fucked the meta.

The fact that you can just dump Riptides into a mix of Wraithknights is beyond stupid. And all without adhering to any real form of CAD or Allies rules. There needs to be a rule on a golden page at the front of the next rulebook where it specifically states:

"This is a game. It is meant to be fun. We don't always make good calls, but you can. If you're playing someone who isn't there for fun, claim victory. He who fights without honor has already lost."
>>
>>51714987

Good point.
>>
File: 99239999089_CitadelArdCase01.jpg (31KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99239999089_CitadelArdCase01.jpg
31KB, 600x620px
What are the best army cases for taking on a plane?

Transitioning to a phase in my life where I have to fly back and forth a couple times throughout the year and I have a group that plays warhammer in both locations so I'd like to be able to take my army with me

That citadel 'ard case seems pretty decent for the price especially considering I can get it for 20% off, but I don't know anything about how good their cases actually are or if there's a better cheaper alternative
>>
Text-rendered for easiest readability. Armored/biker Inquisition/Marine list. Any feedback?

http://pastebin.com/9qDTzA2e
>>
>>51714987
The book outright states that Yncarne/Ynnead is anathema to Chaos. It is poison for them. The Chaos Gods cannot even look at it since they cannot perceive it.

Ynnead is anti-Chaos since he is made of death energies and necromancy.
>>
>>51714983
We keep the grav weapons for our kataphrons
>>
>>51714708
For my Black Templars, I just kind of expand when I notice I have a severe lack of certain things. For example, I noticed the other day that I need more Rhinos and melee Crusaders, so those are probably my next investment, alongside maybe a Vindicator.

For my AdMech, I just picked up an Eradication Cohort the other week and wish I'd be able to get another one. 2 of those, a Knight, 3 Start Collecting boxes and 1 or 2 extra Skitarii sets will give pretty much everything you will ever need. Only unit you might want to expand onn are Kataphrons and maybe another Dragoon, though you're probably never going to need more than 6 of each Kataphron or more than 3 Dragoons/Ironstriders.
>>
File: warmachine is hardcore bruh.png (2MB, 1218x1637px) Image search: [Google]
warmachine is hardcore bruh.png
2MB, 1218x1637px
>>51715027
>not being WAAC
oh sweetie..
>>
>>51715052
Thats exactly what the chaos gods want you to think.
>>
>>51715027
The idea of formations is cool, and there are some really fluffy ones.

The problem is the formations that let you take X good units with buffs and no tax at all. It's literally just all upsides if you were spamming it anyway.
>>
>>51714708

Branch out to new armies. Make things that seem cool or fun to you. Try new things. If you have enough space marines , then look at other things, or just stop buying.
>>
>>51715100

>some really fluffy ones.

All of them are technically fluffy or things that are done in the lore.
>>
>>51715076
It's kind of weird that on the TT, the AdMech is more stingy in giving out Grav to their own Alphas than they seemingly are towards Space Marines.

One would think that there'd at least be a relic Grav weapon for Tech-Priests or Skitarii Alphas but not even that.
>>
>>51714320
Just modify the MCs that are overpowered, don't fuck over the nerfed ones.
>>
File: download_20170213_184542.jpg (156KB, 968x904px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170213_184542.jpg
156KB, 968x904px
New to 40K and Tau, don't have any Riptides.....yet. How's my list?
>>
>>51715160
needs more riptides
>>
>>51715051
What's the point of the Inquisitorial warband besides fluff? The acolytes and the Inquisitor are pointless since you could take those terimators by themselves as a Nemesis Deamonhammer Strikeforce without the extra points.
>>
Should finally be getting my army back off the guy who's been holding it hostage in the next few days, the threat of court and having someone else pick it up for me seems to have worked.
Over the moon tbhtbh
>>
>>51715092
That add gave me cancer.
>>
>>51714983
White Scars
Run Khan
Hvy Support: 3 Dev Squads in a Metal box
6 Grav Cannons w/ Amps: 150(Khan w/his bike)+210(devs)+210(grav)+105(rhinos)

675 points base, and you can Scout move 3 squads of devs in a box to the middle sections of the table and throw out 10 shots with re-rolling wounds pretty much anywhere on the board while the rest of your army runs around murdering everything.

Fuck it, spam bikes with grav, or my friend runs 'mafioso' style with 5 guys in Razorbacks with combi-gun+special. Roll up, jump out, shoot, jump back in.
>>
>>51714872
>At that point, right around the time that things seemed to be going completely off the rails, I didn’t know what I was going to be asked to produce next, and the authors were being stretched to the maximum possible capacity. Black Library then decided that it didn’t need separate sales teams and events team, and that it didn’t need to be separate from Publications in any way! The editorial team was merged with the games development and writing teams, all of whose desk editors were merged with our editorial team. Suddenly I was being asked to edit Codexes! Conversations went like this:

>“I have NEVER edited a game book before – why are you asking me to edit this stuff?”

>“Oh, it’s on your to-do list, because you’re not doing anything today and the deadline is Friday.”

>“Umm, who says I’m not doing anything today?”

>“On the schedule, according to the chart you don’t have any books on the go until the end of next week…”

>“Well I’m doing all the other stuff that needs doing, like speaking to my authors about what they’d like to write, looking for opportunities to do collections and anthologies-”

>“Well that doesn’t show up on the system so you’ll have to fill your time with more scheduled tasks instead.”

>“Wow.”

Hahaha...poor Laurie.
>>
>>51715160
it's fine
>>
File: whatamireading.jpg (29KB, 217x408px) Image search: [Google]
whatamireading.jpg
29KB, 217x408px
>>51715184
wow
>>
>>51715160
>new to 40k
>already has 1500 points
Pls tell me you've started painting them at least
>>
dumb question, but if you wanted to play Sisters of Battle - are you using Adeptus Sororitas, or Imperial Agents?
>>
>>51714320
What happens when the next codex comes out and the op MC become something else?
>>
>>51715170
>besides fluff?
That's the entirety of it. My goal was "Inquisition army", this is actually my third (and most Marine-heavy) list using Inq. Normally I just run the regular detachment with psykers/servitors, I'm opting to try out the Grey Knights squad this time around since the armor's beautiful.

I'm using Raptors tactics for a homebrew force permanently attached to an Inquisitor. Not totally fluff-matching (though Red Hunters do it), but it works.
>>
>>51714713
Definitely needs to be changed, maybe the turn its applied no random roll, it just burns with 1 ignores cover hit. Then you can have a 3 up roll to see if it continues, if it does its d3. Make it something to be worth remembering.
>>
>>51715222

Imperial Agents
Though morons cried on Fagbook to the social media team that they couldn't use the eCodex, so GW made that valid for play too.
>>
>>51715184
I want to ask how one company can be so retarded but I've worked long enough to see worse now.
>>
>>51714797
for the emperor
>>
>>51715221
Traded my buddy for a Tau Army, working on painting in my free time.
>>
>>51715129
True. But then again, there's probably so much stuff tucked away somewhere that they don't want anyone to know about, for whatever reason.
On the other hand, if they gave grav to skitarii, my GK mate would probably just stop playing against me. Between grav and my culexus assassin, it'd be awful for him.
>>
>>51715170
3x servo skulls.

that's literally it.

>>51715092
WAAC ruins the fun. If you bring cheese, and I bring cheese, what's the fucking point?

I could field an entire Baronial Court and tell you to eat shit if you think it's not fair that I can bring 5 super heavies in a 1500 point 'friendly' game. Just like you can throw down just as many Wraithknights which are BETTER for less points, and still have change to spare.

It's all perspective and frankly before super heavies and these bullshit MCs that belong in an Apoc book started showing up, the game was at least manageable when it came to cheese levels. We now exist in a world where having an invisible deathstar with 2++ rerollable saves is not uncommon or even hard to field.
>>
>>51715184
wow what a fascinating life he must lead, what an exciting interview.

i bet his wife doesnt sleep with other men when he watches
>>
>>51715307
>the game was at least manageable when it came to cheese levels
>implying
>>
>>51714797
Huh. That's... Actually damn near my army's colors. I have a red trim on the shoulders.

Well, fuck, that makes it even easier. Gold fists all around!
>>
>>51715050
Anything with a hard case and a solid set of latches should be fine, but I'd also strap it and lock it for security.

If you can get a full army into a carry-on-luggage-size case you'll save yourself a ton of hassle.
>>
>>51715333
1500 or 1850 list that was regularly unbeatable and/or placed high in tournaments before Riptides or any Super Heavy walkers became common. Deathstars that rely on invisibility don't count.

Go.
>>
>>51715307
Take note: That list has no servoskulls.
>>
>>51715397
Then you're doing it wrong. You take Psykers for more dice, and the other 2 mooks for extra wounds.

And then servo skulls everywhere.
>>
>>51715333
The fact that people were generally restricted to the force org chart among other things generally meant that even spam lists weren't quite as severe. Hell, even in 6e you've got a massive difference, since you could take 3 Riptides tops, they couldn't score, and you at least had the troop tax.

Cheese has gotten worse because spam has gotten easier.
>>
Still haven't decided who to play Backtrack edition

But seriously I can't decide at all between the pretty much everyone at this point except for Orks and Necrons as those are being played by my friends. Even the Tyrannies who I used to hate now seem appealing, we've gone the opposite way of what I wanted.
>>
>>51715380
thats the plan, the battle and crusade cases are too THICC for carry on from the looks of it, but the 'ard case seems to have a slimmer profile plus I'm not going to be having that much to carry around anyways (my main 1850 pt list with some additional stuff for small tweaks)

I'm trying to figure out the dimensions of the 'ard case and contacted GW for more info but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
>>
>>51715045
As a Slaaneshi cultist, I cackle in laughter. There was never hope for the Eldar, their god of the dead is the same god they've been running from.

>>51715052
The Avatars of Khaine and Ynnead have the Daemon special rule. They are Chaos.
The reason you have to feed some one to the wraithbone construct to awaken the avatar of Khaine is because summoning a greater demon requires sacrifice
>>
>>51715411
It's the Imperial Agents formation. Like I said already, I normally run regular Codex Inquisition in the general layout you mentioned (though I use servitors for supporting fire rather than 8 points for 2 wounds). I wanted to see how the GK Terminator squad played, since I'm picking a squad up anyway, without forgoing my regular commander.
>>
>>51715430
Go admech
>>
>>51715389
>>51715418
>what are demons
>what are grey knights
>what are eldar
>>
>>51715434
Seraphon in AoS also have the daemon special rule.

And guess what? They aren't made of Chaos/warp energy. They are creatures born of star-light breathed into life by the memories of the Slaan.
>>
>>51715463
>GKs got depowered from 5E when they weren't 'fuck daemons' they were 'fuck EVERYONE'

>Daemons cheese rely on a shit rule that needs to be fixed to not affect Jink saves (Shrouded)

>Eldar are shit aside from their cheese units, which made them actually require some form of tactical knowledge

You're not making any points as to why this isn't a problem from the editions and formations.
>>
>>51715516
>eldar were shit
>ever
>>
>>51714387

That's my ultimate dream, except with my custom chapter and every marine converted. It'll never happen but it's one of those "If I win the lotto" dreams.
>>
>>51715431
If you've got a local GW, they may have it in store. Worth ringing them up to check, I guess.
>>
>>51715462
What does Admech even do? Plus they seem to just be the new hot thing.
>>
anyone got any high quality art scans of Yvraine...its for science
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1850pts.jpg (239KB, 900x1115px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1850pts.jpg
239KB, 900x1115px
Any critiques of my Ravenwing list?
>>
File: yvraine mod.jpg (64KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
yvraine mod.jpg
64KB, 1024x614px
>>51715571
anon no
>>
>>51715489
I dunno about AoS lore, but if they have the daemon special rule, they're daemons.

Avatar of Khaine is a bloodthirster, Avatar of Ynnead is a keeper of secrets.
>>
>>51715557
They are pretty
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus - 1500pts.jpg (136KB, 900x731px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus - 1500pts.jpg
136KB, 900x731px
Going to a tournament next week to play 40k for the first time in a year, any chance of some feedback on the attached list?

Just some shit I've been painting this year, fully expecting to get wrecked with it at a tournment
>>
>>51715634
>AoS
>lore
>>
File: egad.jpg (134KB, 1009x689px) Image search: [Google]
egad.jpg
134KB, 1009x689px
>Visarch: badass character model with a semi-interesting character that could go somewhere with some development
>Is literally just a bodyguard with less dialogue than Boba-Fett
oh gee wizz
>>
File: C33KpJjW8AEDCej.jpg (201KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C33KpJjW8AEDCej.jpg
201KB, 900x1200px
>>51715571
Nope. But here's some fanart.
>>
>>51715693
damn I likee
>>
File: Yncarne awakens.png (3MB, 1229x853px) Image search: [Google]
Yncarne awakens.png
3MB, 1229x853px
>>51715571
Here is her awakening Yncarne while the Ball-Tan warlocks burst into celebratory breakdancing
>>
>>51715657
I'd go Wulfen Murderpack instead of single wolf unit, and take the rest of your yiffs in the start collecting box formation.
>>
File: 20170213_202723.jpg (4MB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_202723.jpg
4MB, 2121x3771px
Hey /tg/ what's this about? I figured maybe some Harlequin masque of the twisted path abduction shenanigans?
>>
File: 1458428529917.png (42KB, 621x547px) Image search: [Google]
1458428529917.png
42KB, 621x547px
>>51715769
>celebratory breakdancing
>>
>>51715809
alpha legion
>>
>>51715692
>his entire reason for existing is he waifu'd whatever the fuck her name is so hard he stalked her all the way to commoragh
>>
File: ACKBAR.jpg (113KB, 998x752px) Image search: [Google]
ACKBAR.jpg
113KB, 998x752px
>>51714504
Remove Eldar
>>
>>51715806
What would you drop to fit the other wulfen in and keep to 1500, the big rowbutts?
>>
>>51714536

Kantor is a bit weird. He's really a ranged character who can fall-back on his melee if he has to but he doesn't really excel at either role.

If you want somebody to accompany those squads I would just build a Captain.

If you want Kantor I would use him in a Sternguard squad and use his fist to ward off assaults.
>>
>>51715863
For real or for memes? Why would it be on a playing card, and why a serpent instead of a hydra then?
>>
>>51714687

Why 7 inch?
>>
>>51715922
Nurgle likes the number 7
>>
>>51715271

"When it hits 88" an hour you're gonna' see some serious shit"
>>
>>51715933

Yeah but I thought it was a Slaanesh demon is disguise.
>>
File: Red Tide - 1850pts.png (696KB, 900x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Red Tide - 1850pts.png
696KB, 900x1534px
memes
>>
>>51716052
Why.
>>
>>51715933
>Nurgle has Isha goddess of rejuvination.
>Ynnead god of death and rebirth whose number is 7.
>Nurgles number is 7 and is all about that death game.

Ynnead confirmed Nurgle's and Isha's love child.
>>
>>51715389
Fish of fury.
What do I win?
>>
>>51716074
I wanted an answer to Barkstar and came up with the Red Star
>>
>>51715181
That's not an ad. That was in the rulebook.
>>
>>51716093
That entire 1850 list costs around £1000
>>
>>51716052
You aren't allowed to take conscripts outside an infantry platoon.
>>
>>51715880

If he shoots then once the round has gone through her head it's going to vaporize the other guys balls.
>>
>>51716108

Luckily it's total dog shit so nobody will ever have to worry about that.
>>
>>51716131
delete this
>>
File: 1485110002690.jpg (75KB, 631x753px) Image search: [Google]
1485110002690.jpg
75KB, 631x753px
So how do you make Wyches playable with Ynnari? I've been seeing people say that they have a formation that makes them actually worth a shit.
>>
>>51716184
Use them to proc Soulburst on allies when they get wiped off the board.

I really want to know if I'm allowed to use Trueborn in my pure DE Ynarri list...
>>
>>51716140
No praice is to high!
>>
>>51714773
I'm actually avoiding most Craftworlders. Going heavy Harlequin and Dark Eldar. Bringing the Triumvirate and maybe some Banshees or Striking Scorpions in a Raider.
>>
>>51715160
Should switch the strike team in the devilfish to breachers im assuming theyre going to get pretty close and personal with something, at the very least give them carbines
>>
>>51716253

Fuck dat, I gotta pump out more soldiers for the Emperor. I need those. Those are important equipment. If you vape them you're destroying the God Emperor's property, and that's heresy. Are you a heretic anon?
>>
>>51716098
Then no wonder they are insufferable pricks.
>>
hey guys, what if Ynnead is actually just a rebranded Malal?
>>
>>51716225
If you can take the Kabalite Raiding party, which can upgrade to Trueborn, I don't see why not
>>
>>51716362
They took it out of the most recent edition of the game, but the damage was done.
>>
I bought the Space Wolf starter pack to have an ally force to my AdMech. Question -

Should I upgrade my grey hunters with a pack leader to give him a combi-plasma and frost sword? So far it is a ten man unit, two plasma, all CC weapons, in a drop pod.

He would make the unit more killy, but I am worried about throwing too many points into the same basket.
>>
>>51716392
See, that's what I was thinking. But the Ynnari detachment specifies Kabalite Warriors as a troop choice. Where as the Kabalite Raiding Party only says Kabalite Warriors(Which does allow Trueborn by FAQ). And then the weird part is you can take the Kabalite Raiding Party in the Ynnari detachment.
>>
Anyone have that picture of Pooh eating the word of Lorgar?
>>
>>51716184
Wyches with Yvraine in a Raider I'm sure can be decent. Sanctic gices 3++ in combat, Hammerhand for +2 Str, Yvraine tanks most ranged shots, saccing a few line grunts for wounds. That's all I could think of.
>>
>>51716562
>>
>>51716558
It's not quite clear. I imagine that the raiding party composed of Trueborn is legal due to the faq, but since they're not listed in the forces, they might only be able to be taken in that detachment.

>>51716569
Interesting theory, but that's dependent on you getting lucky with rolling. Worth a shot though.

>>51716576
Thanks, senpai
>>
>>51716487
>plasma
>cc

never

never ever

Unless you're running into armies that have dedicated counter-charge units in the backfield, those CC weapons will do nothing. Waste of points.

Even then they'll probably just dump flamer templates on you and make you roll saves till you die.

Basically no, just go 2x plas and blast something, then harass whatever else is around and force them to do something about you.
>>
>>51715531
Our Codex used to be very old and overcosted for what you got. It was fuck hard to do anything but get a tie for quite a while.
>>
File: 1483994283322.png (604KB, 684x692px) Image search: [Google]
1483994283322.png
604KB, 684x692px
>>51716562
>>
>>51716610
And my question is: Does that ruling for Kabalite Warriors being interchangeable in the Raiding Party set precedent for them to be interchangeable in any other formation that says "Kabalite Warriors"?
>>
>>51716576
this tickles my tumbly
>>
>>51716225
Trueborn are technically an upgrade to Kabalites changing their unit type so you can. Same goes for blood brides
>>
>>51716640
I think what >>51716677 said is the case. If they're just an upgrade, then Trueborn and Blood Brides should be able to be taken without any problems.
>>
Eldar have gone to shit time to pick a new army. Rolling.

SM 1
Ork 2
Tau 3
Newcron 4
Skitarii 5
IG 6
Chaos 7
Tyranids 8
Sisters 9
Give up and play sigmar 0
>>
>>51716677
But it changes them from Troops to Elites and they are not listed under the Elites entry. This is the crux of the argument.
>>
>>51716708
The problem that makes me question it at all is that they're upgrades that switch the battlefield role to Elites.

>>51716723
Kek.
>>
>>51716723
kek
>>
>>51716723
Fuck.
>>
>>51716723
Re-rolling
>>
>>51716576
more liek word poo
- R. Guilliman
>>
>>51716741
I'm basing it on the fact that the formation is legal in the Ynnari faction, which tells you to reference the DEldar Codex. If it's in their rules, it should be fine.
>>
>>51716778
lu mayo
>>
>>51714387
No thunderhawks.
>>
File: 2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2009_01_10_Fyrbrand.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>post yfw Guilliman shoves his throbbing hard cock into the ecclisiarchy, destroying it with his searing hot cum
>>
Is "The Beast Arises" series any good?
>>
>>51716872
some cool ideas
lots of bad ones
execution is all over the place
>>
>>51716893
Not the original guy, but what BL books would you recommend for literary snobs?
>>
File: How many multimeltas_ - 1850pts.jpg (396KB, 900x1536px) Image search: [Google]
How many multimeltas_ - 1850pts.jpg
396KB, 900x1536px
How's my list, guys?
>>
>>51716052
I know a massive faggot who plays a list similar to this but with a commisar for each squad and a bit of artillery. Being completely ignorant of the fact that he cant take conscripts without paying tax with the infantry platoon
>>
File: ha.png (18KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
18KB, 100x100px
>>51716822
>mfw this is how GW shuts up the "we want plastic sisters" people for good
>>
>>51716902
none of them

But I tend to recommend the Enforcer books. They're fun, and about space cops.
>>
>>51716940
I meant literary snob while still appreciating the grimderp of 40K. Surely, something's not total shit?
>>
File: 1482234659755.png (38KB, 318x472px) Image search: [Google]
1482234659755.png
38KB, 318x472px
>>51716937

>implying Sisters don't already distrust space Marines and wouldn't rebel against the super space Marine destroying their church
>>
File: u wut.jpg (49KB, 525x473px) Image search: [Google]
u wut.jpg
49KB, 525x473px
>>51716902
>bl books
>for literary snobs
>>
>>51714394
The stormsurge already cannot stomp when braced. Furthermore, I'm fairly certain Gargantuan Creatures ignore snap shots from Ordnance.
>>
>>51714403
The vast majority of my current forces were bought used, and like adopted children I will show them love and tenderness. Like adopted children, they will respond with gratitude, displayed in crude outbursts of animalistic violence.
>>
>>51716723
Ill roll this. Though Im swapping Ork for Eldar and Newron for GK
>>
>>51716968
>BL
>not total shit
>>
>>51716723
rollan
>>
Does the Wolfkin formation have any use outside of a wolfstar? I like the idea of allying in a dozen or so wolves with it.
>>
>>51717059
Have fun with your paper weights!
>>
>>51716723
Reroll though, fuck sisters.
>>
>>51717003
In all actuality, if Girlyman ends up trying to take out the Ecclesiarchy then it will probably end up with a civil war or at least a schism.

I could see Girlyman, the Ultrasmurfs, and a few other chapters going "renegade" since they think the Imperium is unfit to save humanity.
>>
>>51716902
What are the most entertaining of books? I feel like the books are hilariously fun to read. I dont want a DEEP experience. Just want fun action stories with some terror and fear thrown in between. I just love the horror and surprise of the astra millitarum people by the space marines whether loyal or chaos
>>
How did you guys choose which army to play? Im trying to choose via fluff and models but they are all so good its tough to choose.
>>
>>51717096
That's hilarious.

Answer is fight fire with fire. Bring speakers and start blasting shit like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7MWuJ7zLA
>>
>>51717146
Well, if you're really equal on fluff and models, then what do you want more gameplay wise?
>>
>>51717152
How did you find this video? Is he actually singing in German?
>>
File: Imperial Guard - 1850pts.jpg (319KB, 900x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard - 1850pts.jpg
319KB, 900x1417px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51717003
>implying the sisters wouldn't recognize the obvious superiority of the Codex Astartes to their deviant credos and venerate Roboute Guilliman as Marneus Calgar's champion
>>
>>51717116

Yeah, considering how faithful the average person is in the Imperium and how the big Mechanicus guy basically worships the ground St Celestine floats over after FoC trying to remove the Ecclessiarchy would likely result in another Age of Apostasy when the Imperium really couldn't survive it.
>>
>>51717168
I enjoy having to put effort in, that said Im fucked on specifics since I like everything from long ranged defence to quick mobile assault. Its hard to choose when you like it all.
>>
>>51717199
I feel like you aren't making use of that BS 4 on the tanks.

Also, fun trick--take a Hereticus Inquisitor with a Psyocculum and stick him in the blob. BS 10 against psykers and their deathstars.

Bring psychic henchmen and roll until you get Misfortune so you can Rend.
>>
>>51716902
>>51716968

None of them, moron. Seriously, just pick up any BL novel. The good ones might start out interesting but halfway through you won't even be able to pick it back up it's so bad.

If you want good novels look elsewhere. I recommend the Night Angel trilogy, although it's more noblebright fantasy.
>>
>>51717197
I originally saw it on /f/. It's kind of a running joke there.

And as far as I know it's actually German.
>>
>>51717116
>>51717207

Guilliman wouldn't remove the Ecclessiarchy for a very practical reason - the amount of money it generates from tithes is more than enough to justify its existence. He would rather have all that money go towards the corruption of the Ecclessiarchy, which inevitably goes on to fund the defense capabilities of star systems and the force projection capabilities of human auxiliaries and paramilitaries under its control out of natural self interest, than towards almighty Legions.

If anything, he would take advantage of the system and pose a philosophical challenge to the system. The current belief system centers around the concentration of all beliefs in the God Emperor, but Guilliman would inject a new brand of a 'religion of reason' whereby the Imperial cult should be centered not on focusing the will of the God Emperor into policy, but on focusing the intention of the God Emperor for all His faithful subjects - essentially the equivalent of a Baptist hijack of the system.
>>
File: I2 Orks.jpg (450KB, 800x1179px) Image search: [Google]
I2 Orks.jpg
450KB, 800x1179px
>Eldar get yet another buff
>Orks get noithing
>melee race

Why?

Why is life is so unfair?
>>
Is pic related a good deal for 500$?
>>
>>51716908
Never tell a Sororitas to get back in the Kitchen, because she'll turn your microwave into a deadly weapon and nuke your car.
>>
>>51717209
Chaos Marines are pretty Mid-tier right now, so they should prove a sporting fight for most armies. They also have access to a lot of different strategies with various legions and allies.
>>
>>51717240
Which tanks would you recommend to best take advantage of the BS 4?

How should I equip the Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor other than the Psyocculum?

Could Wyrdvane Psykers and a Psyker Primaris replace the psychic henchmen you mentioned? Would it even be worth it?

Regardless, thanks for the advice!
>>
>>51716723
Rell
>>
>>51717315
at least we arent called
>aeldari
>>
>>51717348

If they were new on sprue or unpainted, yes. If they're painted, no.
>>
>>51717348
Really need advice on this because Im seriously considering it.
>>
>>51717315
You think that's unfair? The winning list of the last tournament was a formation of fenrisian wolves that form one huge unit of 75 models, get an invuln save from an HQ, and get Parker support to make unit-wide buffs insanely efficient.

It's everything Green Tide should have been, and could have been if Kustom Force fields worked on friendly units in range instead of any models, and if ork psykers could pick from the core book.
>>
File: 1452273736037.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1452273736037.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>51717003
>mfw this is how GW will squat SoB
>>
>>51717411
What is the stigma on painted?
>>
>>51717411

Depends on anon's priorities. If he doesn't have time to paint and needs something to play with, and if they're fully painted and in decent quality shape, then might as well.
>>
>>51717199
I personally run 2 vanquishers and an executioner (as separate unit) and run those three together as a quasi-squadron. Then I bring an Eradicator and a Battle tank to round it out. This way I have two tanks that can deploy on the other side of the table without losing too much accuracy. This is not a recommendation to change, just my take on the fist.
>>51717240
Your forgetting the REAL bonus: Roll two take lowest damage table!
Lascannon Penetration 1/6 chance to asplode ->1/36 chance to asplode
Meltagun: 1/3 chance to asplode -> 1/9 chance to asplode!

Suddenly your tanks don't get auto one-shotted by melta drop pods...as often.
>>
>>51717448
If you're planing on repainting them, stripping takes a lot of time, and some models need multiple dunks. It's just an overall hassle.
>>
>>51717411
I completely agree, the pre-painted problem is one I've been running into while trying to get my hands on some Kasrkin models.
>>
>>51717467
Hassel is not as much a big deal considering the savings in my opinion, I can upload the pictures.
>>
File: 1454377022785-1.png (268KB, 332x313px) Image search: [Google]
1454377022785-1.png
268KB, 332x313px
>>51717315
>Aeldari
>not invalidating everything
>>
>>51717119
I absolutely loved the Night Lords trilogy. First Claw's banter and the constant in-fighting between the Night Lords is top tier.
>>
File: IG(1).jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IG(1).jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>>
>>51717480
I'd like to see a good example, most of the stuff you find on Ebay are PRO PAINTED tiers of horrible and I'd much rather just buy new on the sprue and model it myself.
>>
>>51717515
What is this, a guard for ants?
>>
>>51717480
>>51717467

Really depends on how you strip. If you're going for the final solution of paint stripping and using stuff from the auto store, that shit will come up very quickly and not take much time at all. But there are people like me who live in places where using that stuff isn't possible or convenient, and are stuck with simple green - which will take a lot longer.
>>
File: IG(2).jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IG(2).jpg
18KB, 300x225px
Wait time is annoying
>>
>>51717531

101st Aggrax Ants, forward!
>>
File: IG(3).jpg (2KB, 64x48px) Image search: [Google]
IG(3).jpg
2KB, 64x48px
>>
File: IG(4).jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IG(4).jpg
20KB, 300x225px
Oh jeez these images don't transfer well
>>
>>51717510

Agreed. I'm about to start the final book now. All the characters are great.
>>
>>51717515
>>51717535
>>51717554
>>51717566

If you're middle class and this is basically the only army you'll be playing for the next 18 months, go for it.
>>
File: 1386948484320.png (67KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1386948484320.png
67KB, 247x248px
Is every single Aeldari player an actual faggot? Why would anyone straight want to play such a sissy faction?

>inb4 muh WAAC
Tau/Dark Angels do it better.
>>
File: IG(5).jpg (23KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IG(5).jpg
23KB, 300x225px
>>51717581
I'm probably going IG with GK and INQ allies.
>>
File: Ynnari - 2000pts.jpg (253KB, 900x1869px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 2000pts.jpg
253KB, 900x1869px
Thoughts? Thought I'd try going for a Harlequin majority list with some blasterborn, and some additional soulburst fodder.
>>
If you're satisfied with the paintjob on the painted ones then go for it.
>>
>>51717476
If they're metal, just get them anyway. Stripping metal is a cakewalk.

Soak them in acetone for a few days.

Stripping plastic or resin is a bitch though.
>>
File: Alleged Killa Kans.jpg (91KB, 780x843px) Image search: [Google]
Alleged Killa Kans.jpg
91KB, 780x843px
>>51717527

>most of the stuff you find on Ebay are PRO PAINTED tiers of horrible

These were apparently listed as "pro painted" on Ebay.
>>
File: IG(6).jpg (19KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IG(6).jpg
19KB, 300x225px
>>51717599
Pretty sure they are plastic, look like the newer models.
>>
>>51717607
>boar roller skates
>>
>>51717607
Those boars are better painted than 99% of the garbage you find on Ebay so it's not wrong
>>
>>51717607
Holy gork are those soda cans?
>>
I'm trying to replicate the burning runes inside the Scarab Occult Termies weapons but dont know how to do it. Any ideas?

Its not in Ducans Rubric marines video unfortunately.
>>
>>51717632
White scar, then wash with the blue wash used for power swords, repaint black of bolster after.
>>
>>51717615
Those definitely are.

I meant the about the guy looking for Karskin models.

As long as the person didn't paint super thick (sadly most seem to do that) you can just prime over and repaint.
>>
>>51717632

It's Ulthuan Grey.
>>
File: CastrolSuperClean.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CastrolSuperClean.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>51717599
Plastic isn't bad with Blech-White Tire Cleaner. That works really well. Wanna see how pic related works on plastic, works on metal really well.
>>
>>51717586
>Is every single Aeldari player an actual faggot?
yes. thats why they play aeldari
>>
>>51717669
All the ones I've seen are either missing parts or painted with thick layers of paint (obviously they didn't listen to Saint Duncan.)

Might have to just bite the bullet, buy a squad, and deal with stripping the paint. The problem past that is that I need to find four plasma Kasrkin and another separate Sarge which are seemingly hard to find.
>>
>>51717694
>aeldari
Topkek that faggot name gets me every time.
>>
File: 20170213_193524.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_193524.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
wow, pls r8, no h8, no b8
>>
>>51717694
>>51717750
>Astra Militarum

The Eldar aren't the only ones subjected to a retarded name change. Can't wait until Orks become Orruks too.
>>
>>51714566

>The entire Ultramarines Legion might be a different story though.

Buy Ultramarine blue spray can.
Spray paint 1000 cheap marines from eBay.
Dip all of them in wood varnish or whatever.
Paint edges with chapter colors.

There, you have an entire chapter done in like a month.
>>
File: drew carey.jpg (68KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
drew carey.jpg
68KB, 1500x1000px
>>51717750
>>
>>51717778
>Astra Militarum
>as bad as Aeldari
This is what Aeldari queers actually believe.
>>
>>51717593
>No CWE

Good man, looks doable
>>
>>51717770
flash photography/10
>>
>>51717770
>la maldición de la momia
Taco taco taco taco, taco taco?
>>
>>51717778
>Orruks
>literally just orks but spelled even more retardedly
aeldari is like eldar but even more gay
>>
>>51717741
Acetone will eat through thick layers (again, metal models only). I had to do it with some SoB ebay rescues. I left them soak for about a week.
>>
>>51717252
Yeah, it's German. Bavarian dialect, to be precise.

Us Bavarians are best Germans, by far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOSrHRB4Cck this is some 80+ year old guy from my city and the lyrics translate to "We drive to Bruck (a city) and go smash some nigger women" and even the black guys living here love this guy.
>>
>>51716723
I'll roll, I've got enough admech for now
>>
File: 1486689120004.gif (176KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1486689120004.gif
176KB, 312x322px
>>51716079
Lewd
>>
>>51717593
Similar to what I want to run, anon.
>>
Special weapon squad, heavy flamer, two flamers, kick out a vendetta, yes or no?
>>
>>51717948
Same set up, kick them out with Demo charges for maximum allahu ackbar
>>
>>51715268
Honestly, that's nothing.

I have to constantly explain to my boss that I cannot simply "just learn a new system" for our inventory, because our inventory system is A. Nonexistent in practice, because what is in the warehouse is HUGELY off on what we have in the system, and B. Tied into JDE, which if you've ever had to work with you know is an absolute finnicky bitch. It also doesn't like to work alongside other programs, so you pretty much cannot mix two of them together. This causes all sorts of internal headaches where I'm literally asked to create items that don't exist, or to track down an item that does exist but he classified incorrectly, or collect payment on invoices that he didn't actually file correctly (and therefore don't exist as far as accounting is concerned).

I have to also explain:
>That if we have to change one machine into two separate parts for parts shipments, we cannot simply keep the old machine on the inventory books because, "We're getting a new one soon," as that's fraud and pretty illegal.
>I cannot enter an order without a written or electronically signed contract for that particular equipment deal, as we otherwise have no legal protections if shit goes south on that deal. No, him sending an email saying (and I quote) "Yeah, that's cool with me," is not a legally binding document, even if you did tell him "he didn't need a signature."
>Aluminum doesn't rust. I passed eighth grade chemistry, and I can tell you those rusted parts aren't made of aluminum, but the cheap, low-quality Chinesium you keep putting out from your factory in China. Aluminum corrosion isn't brown, either, so stop trying to tell me it is.
>You cannot sell somebody something we don't actually have. I don't care if the crate from China is on its way, we don't even have a fucking BoL that tells us whether the machine is actually on that shipment, so I'm not going to sell it to a customer because it might not even be real.

I have no clue how we make money.
>>
>>51716778
Welcome to the hive mind
>>
File: IMG_1322.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Just painted up my first skitariii units. How'd I do?
>>
>>51716723
Just out of curiosity.
>>
>>51718006
Thin your paints.
>>
File: IMG_3491.jpg (55KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3491.jpg
55KB, 600x620px
>>51718020
Wait, why wouldn't you take the Spiritual Liege in his Artificer amor rather than Termi armor?
>>
>>51718006
Good, but like anon said thin down with water first.
>>
>>51718006
Looks pretty great anon.

Ignore fags like >>51718020
>>
>>51718041
It still looks good but the paint could be thinner.
>>
File: 1480283851770.png (305KB, 548x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480283851770.png
305KB, 548x470px
Real talk, how big of a buff is the Ynnaed update to Craftworld Eldar?
>>
>>51716723

ditto
>>
>>51718006
not bad, but your paints are far too thin. thicken the paint by adding superglue
>>
>>51718020
>[
>>51718040
>>51718040
>>51718041
I tried to water them down but i'm always too scared to use too much water.
>>
Is there a fluff reason why Heavy Flamers aren't available for normal Marine squads?

I'd imagine supplying a Skyhammer Annihilation force with a shitload of Heavy Flamers and deep striking it in a flanking position to an Ork or Tyranid advance would be absolutely devastating.
Hell, just putting up some Heavy Flamer Devastators as the front row against hordes of enemies like that would probably be pretty fucking effective.

Heavy Flamers don't appear too huge to be handled by a normal Marine with Heavy Weapons training, when they can be carried on one arm on a Terminator armor.
>>
>>51718079
I was memeing
>>
>>51717931
oh awesome that's always reassuring to hear
>>
>>51718037
Whoops, didn't mean to link.
>>
>>51718065
If you kill a unit of Scatbikes or they kill one of yours, and another Scatbikes squad is close enough, they get free shooting.

It's going to be a big boost in how much damage they put out each turn. It lets them snowball kills into more shots and recover from unit deaths more effectively.
>>
>>51718088
I think it's a 'codex astartes does not support this' thing.
>>
Two lists /tg/ - please let me know which you think is a more well rounded list.

Ulthwe Strike Force
>3x Black Guardian Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers (90)
>3x Black Guardian Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers (90)
>10x Black Guardians - Starcannon (130)
>3x Black Guardian War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers (195)

Reborn Warhost
>Farseer - Skyrunner (115)
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster (55), Venom w/Dual Splinter Cannons (65) ((120))
>5x Kabalite Warriors - Blaster (55), Venom w/Dual Splinter Cannons (65) ((120))

Reborn Warhost
>Autarch - Skyrunner, Fusion Gun (95)
>Archon - Webway Portal, Shadowfield, Blaster (150)
>5x Wraithguard - D-Scythes (210)
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield (295)

OR

Eldar CAD
>Farseer - Skyrunner
>Autarch - Skyrunner, Fusion Gun (95)
>3x Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>3x Windriders - 3x Scatter Lasers
>5x Wraithguard - D-Scythes
>Crimson Hunter - Exarch
>Wraithknight - Glaive & Shield

Dark Eldar CAD
>Archon - Webway Portal, Shadowfield, Blaster (150)
>5x Scourges - 4x Haywire Blasters
>3x Reavers - Cluster Caltrops, Blaster

Basically the first list aims to take advantage of Soulburst on two clutch units and uses lots of precise deep striking units to create pressure but lacks ObSec. The second list still plays with the same tools but plays a traditional 'go fast ObSec' with a few punchy units to help keep objectives clean.
>>
>>51718088

Because Space marines get a lot more toys than other factions, they shouldn't be greedy.
>>
>>51718111

>If you kill a unit of Scatbikes or they kill one of yours, and another Scatbikes squad is close enough, they get free shooting.
>they made scatbikes even better

why
>>
File: IMG_20170213_230728.jpg (222KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_230728.jpg
222KB, 960x1280px
>>51718041

Different anon, but while it does look good, it's thicc in spots.

>>51718006

It does look good, but it's a little sloppy in parts, and the paint on the coat is a little thick. I've circled things to watch.
>>
>>51718150
It's partly a matter of wanting to give the entire army a unified special rule, and Jetbikes not losing anything unlike others that need to give up battle focus.

Someone on the design team also enjoys elf cock
>>
>>51718150
They also get a power that lets them trigger it in the psychic phase, so they double tap a wraithknight and use it to trigger windriders before they turboboost away.
>>
>>51718159
thanks anon i appreciate the advice. I got really shaky hands so Its hard for me to get some of the details without getting paint everywhere.
>>
I am taking a list to my local just to try out the new Eldar rules. I'm looking to pair up units in groups of two or three and I am looking for advice. How should I pair up the units in my list? Everything will be on foot and close enough to hopefully trigger Strength from Death. Thoughts?

Farseer [Revenant, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade]

Windriders
10x Windrider Guardian
10x Eldar Jetbike [10x Scatter Laser]
Windrider Warlock [Revenant, Witchblade]

Windriders
10x Windrider Guardian
10x Eldar Jetbike [10x Shuriken Cannon]
Windrider Warlock [Revenant, Witchblade]

Aspect Host (Ballistic Skill)

Dark Reapers [9x Dark Reaper]
Dark Reaper Exarch [Tempest Launcher]

Fire Dragons [9x Fire Dragon]
Fire Dragon Exarch [Dragon's Breath Flamer]

Warp Spiders [9x Warp Spider]
Warp Spider Exarch [Powerblades, Twin-linked Death Spinner]

Aspect Host (Weapon Skill)

Dire Avengers [9x Dire Avenger]
Dire Avenger Exarch [Power Weapon and Shimmershield]

Howling Banshees [9x Howling Banshee]
Howling Banshee Exarch [Executioner and Shuriken Pistol]

Striking Scorpions [9x Striking Scorpion]
Striking Scorpion Exarch [Scorpion Chainsword and Scorpion's Claw]
>>
>>51718171

Could it possibly be this man, Phil "Eldar buff never enough" Kelly?
>>
>>51718088
>>51718149

Codex Astartes says arming your mooks with heavy flamers is retarded since its a danger close weapon and the Codex promotes ranged warfare first. Flamers are permitted as situational sidearms, but you never see a squad fully kitted out in just flamers because again its retarded.

Its permitted on terminators because they have the protection needed to withstand danger close combat situation, and its permitted on sternguard because generally speaking they are only going to pick up a heavy flamer when they think its the only tool for the job.

But for everyone else, bolters.
>>
>>51718171
Why couldn't they have made it so only characters with Power from Pain or Battle Focus gain Soulburst?

This is some fucked shit
>>
>>51718214
Because then Harlequins wouldn't get anything, and >>51718193 might actually lose a game
>>
>>51718214

Because sales targets or general rules incompettence
>>
>>51718214
Yes, it is. But to be fair, the counterpart to it can give you respawning grav-bikes and indestructible and reincarnating bullet sponges, so fuck that noise.
>>
>>51718229

>But to be fair, the counterpart to it can give you respawning grav-bikes and indestructible and reincarnating bullet sponges

Tell me more. So that I might enlighten myself for educational purposes, not so that I become a cheese waacfag.
>>
>>51718204
So basically it's Girlyman saying "Don't play with fire, children, it's dangerous!" when they carry around backpacks full of thousand degree hot plasma and weapons that shoot gas rays so hot that they can melt through fucking Land Raiders.
>>
>>51717382
Tanks that don't have blast guns. Executioner is okay because small blast benefits a little more from the 1" scatter reduction.

As for the Inquisitor, literally just the Psyocculum. That's all he does.

Wyrdvanes could do it but I think Inquis psykers are cheaper (10 pts per model, but you need to take two 4 point acolytes alongside them).
>>
>>51718214

They do lose ObSec which people will shit on as not a big loss but it is significant in its impact on why Scatbikes are as good as they are.
>>
File: IMG_20170213_231722.jpg (9KB, 170x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_231722.jpg
9KB, 170x216px
>>51718188

Any time. Gotta start somewhere, and it could be far worse. For shaky hands, try holding the mini with both hand and/or brace your hands while holding it. Get some blue wall tac and stick it on something small that you can hold, like an old paint pot, which is exactly what I do. Pic related. It helps get to weird places and you can brace easier.

Head over to WIP, too.
>>
>>51718240
Castellans, the Imperial equivilent to this where you take a whole mess of loyalist stuff. You can still get Marine bikes as troops, they can take grav Guns, and they respawn on a 5+ if they die. Also works for silly things like dedicated transports for troops
>>
Which loyalist Chapter would you say are the most similar to Iron Warriors? Not necessarily tactics-wise but more the bitter, spiteful demeanour of the IW.
>>
>>51718240
White Scars in the new Detachment. Troops respawn on 5+ so my opponent took bikes as troops and filled them up with grav and plasma and rammed then up my ass over and over again. I have scatbikes, shuribikes, spiders, reapers, and TWO wraithknights and I got fucking pummeled.

Granted, I won by points and hiding in a corner like a bitch, but yeah it was awful.
>>
>>51718088
>Is there a fluff reason why Heavy Flamers aren't available for normal Marine squads?
Because up until very recently, heavy flamers were too fucking heavy to be put on basic dudes. Terminators and dreadnoughts were the only things that can deal with it.

Storm bolters too, though that went out the window with third edition rather than... fifth?
>>
>>51718204

Problem Astartes?
>>
>>51718283
Imperial fists and Iron Warriors are two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>51718273
Did we ever get confirmation on weather it's allowed to directly take Bikes in the Troop slots as part of the 4 compulsory choices or if we still need 4 regular troop choices with the Bikes only filling that battlefield role once actually fielded?
>>
>>51718088
>Is there a fluff reason why Heavy Flamers aren't available for normal Marine squads?
They aren't Blood Angels.
>>
>>51718242

Plasma is only used at long to mid range. Presumably, an Astartes is trained to ditch the plasma in close quarters fighting or use it as an IED as a last resort.
>>
>>51718284

Wow. Sounds fun, I should try it.
>>
>>51718293
Yes, I hate the tiny fuel tanks the model has on her back.

The immolator is similarly problematic
>>
File: mmalevolent.jpg (29KB, 273x480px) Image search: [Google]
mmalevolent.jpg
29KB, 273x480px
>>51718283
Marines Malevolent.
>>
Anybody know if Celestine is worth using?
>>
>>51718332
Try what? Hiding in the corner like a bitch?
>>
>>51718293

Random poor angry whores and virgin street urchins on the verge of prostitution are easier to find and train than a Space Marine. Also, the only lines the Sisters held on Cadia were the ones they picked.
>>
>>51718345
This must be bait.
>>
>>51718351

Making other people hide in a corner like a bitch.
>>
>>51718284

Play Ynnari and laugh while you blow up his respawning bikes and then blow up another of his respawning units over and over.
>>
>>51714387
DAILY REMINDER THAT BECAUSE WHITE SCARS ARE NOW 100% CODEX COMPLIANT, THEY ONLY HAVE 5 BIKE SQUADS IN THEIR ENTIRE CHAPTER.
>>
>>51718380
I hadn't got that far yet.

I'm doing this>>51718191
this week to try out the new rules. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to pairing up the units to achieve killability and destructiveness at the same time.
>>
>>51718396

>DAILY REMINDER THAT BECAUSE WHITE SCARS ARE NOW 100% CODEX COMPLIANT, THEY ONLY HAVE 5 BIKE SQUADS IN THEIR ENTIRE CHAPTER.

Isn't there a provision in the codex which says the entire chapter can take bikes if the chapter master deems it so?
>>
>>51718415

Why are the bike squads so big? That's terrible.
>>
File: I haz a hat 2.jpg (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
I haz a hat 2.jpg
185KB, 600x600px
>>51718353

Well the Living Saint was more than enough to hold Cadia.
The cherry on the cake was Chaos being such a sore loser that they blew the planet up.
>>
>>51718444
I waiver somewhat on how big to run them. Sometimes I go 7/3 and 7/3 or 5/5 and 5/5. Think of it more as a placeholder for the two troops requirement. Either way, it will be forty bikes and two warlocks.
>>
Modeling question, does anyone know if the Farseer Skyrunner model will fit on a Reaver jet bike? If not, will a wind rider body fit?
>>
>>51718461

>buttmad Ecclesiarch writes this while omitting every trace of Wulfen and Space Wolves from the account of the battle
>>
>Skitarii Alpha in Skitarius novel dual-wields Arc Pistols
>can only take 1 ranged weapon and 1 optional melee weapon in TT

This is so annoying. Dual wielding Arc Pistols for 30 points on the Alpha would actually be pretty damn good, considerin you could then have 4 Haywire shots in a 5-man unit.

Not to mention that it'd generally be pretty ballsy looking.
>>
>>51718476

You don't run bikes in units bigger than 3?
>>
>>51718496
>You don't run bikes in units bigger than 3?
Yes, I do? Sometimes, I go all 10 or sometimes I break them up. This list already meets the 7 unit requirement so I don't have to break them up, but I probably will. I have a couple of days to think about it.
>>
>>51718485
I think a Windrider would fit, as the bikes use a similar chassis for the seat, even if the rider posture is different. I'm not sure if a Farseer would, though as long as his legs are back rather than forward I think it would work.
>>
>>51716723
rollin
>>
>>51713971
Am I bad person if I want to start Eldar, just for the Yvraine mini?
>>
>>51718517

No I'm saying you're making a bad choice - running bikes in units bigger than 3 is a bad decision. They become to large and too cumbersome to be effective. 3 man units have a tiny foot print, are easy to hide and put out a ton fire power for a small points investment. You run small units so you have more points to buy the stuff you want.

I mean honestly the reason you got your shit shoved in by re-spawning bikes is because you're making sub-optimal choices.
>>
>>51718547
Not really, though if you just want to use Eldar because of Yvraine you could simply ally in the Triumvirate to whatever you currently play unless that's Chaos, Orks or Necrons, I guess.
>>
>>51718583
Well, i've always thought about running a Eldar force, but I've always been a bit wary of cheese. Plus, it doesn't seem like she'd be able to run in other armies.
>>
>>51718564
While I respect that point of view, I have had some very real success with larger groups of bikes. I'll take it into consideration. Right now, I'm more concerned with how to pair up the units I'm taking in my fun and throwaway experimental list.
>>
>>51718607
Then just start Eldar, man. Ynnari are only really cheeae with the usual broken Eldar units like bikes and Wraithknights. If you don't use those and maybe even use some DE and Harlequins, you definitely don't have to fear being called a cheese filled WAACfag.
>>
>>51718490

GW seems to think squad leaders are the most overpowered models in the game, judging by the cost of their wargear. The variety is shit too.

IG sergeants used to have access to 10-point Power weapons, 15-point power fists and 10-point plasma pistols. When people started modelling power axes/fists for their sergeants, GW put a stop to that and increased the costs (again).
>>
>>51718547
>Eldar
aeldari??
>>
I haven't played 40k in 4 years, and am coming back to it. I have about 100 models worth of boyz and nobz, a squad of grots, 5 stormboyz, 3 killa kanz, a Battlewagon, Mad Doc Grotsnik, and several trukks.

What do I do now?
>>
>>51718674
Yeah, some armies definitely need more variety and general possibilites to equip your Sergeant-equivalents. Most can maybe select from a handful of options, a majority being melee weapons you often don't want to use anyway. Except of course for Marines, those get to basically pick an extra Special Weapon of their choosing or literally any melee weapon in their arsenal.

Fuck, I just want to be able to choose from more than 3 mediocre melee weapons, 6 mostly redundant and overcosted relics and 4 guns, 3 of which are pistols and the last one the default gun, for my Alphas. The fuckers are meant to be able to be fielded as Warlords FFS, their best loadout shouldn't be just using their default weapon and a 5++ shield.
>>
>>51718751
Pretty much the same thing you used to do, orkz haven't changed much in how they play.
>>
>>51718751
Read up on how Orks are played these days, see how they fare then lie down and cry at Initiative 2.
>>
>>51718751

The Ork player we have either does greentide by using 20-ork units with a painboy or just spams Warbikers, also with a painboy.
The warbiker list is scary, maybe try that route.
>>
>>51717691
No no no, you use brake fluid
>>
New to collecting, but I want to make an IG army with two allies. One being the Dark Angels (Azreal for blob and Deathwatch deep strike) and the other being the inquisition.

I want this list to focus on defence then hitting the from behind when the finally get close.

Any advice on building the list? Completely new to IG so Im not too sure where to start.
>>
>>51718784
Jesus Fucking Christ
>>
>>51718635
The best reason for min squads is if you need the extra fire power to down something you have another squad ready to go, if 3 bike did the job then shots arent wasted and if you get hit by ap3 or ignores cover only 3 guys jinked instead of 10, its just more efficient.
>>
>>51718751
>What do I do now?

Lose
>>
>>51718854
Well...

...how do I start Necrons?
>>
>>51718811
wrong
>>
>>51718822
By the time you take two troops and a HQ from those other two armies, you don't have a lot of guard left, unless you play really high points.

As far as guard lists go, vets with special weapons in chimeras, platoon blobs with plenty of heavy weapons and leman russes. That's pretty much all you need.
>>
>>51718911
Probably playing with 2k points.
>>
>>51716723
rolling
>>
>>51718917
For your guard part, you probably want something along the lines of

-Company command in chimera with plasma
-2 units of vets in chimeras, one with meltas, the other with plasma
-Nice big blob platoon with at least 2 heavy weapons squads plus a few scattered in the infantry squads
-Emperors fist armoured formation, tank commander with a Russ plus 3 units of russes (just one Russ per unit is fine) and an engineer, it's a fucking good formation.

Not sure how many points that is but should be close enough for some allies.
>>
>>51717838

>no h8
>>
new bread when
>>
File: Commarrogh aint free.png (42KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
Commarrogh aint free.png
42KB, 853x543px
>>51714433
I wholeheartedly agree cousin
>>
>>51718895
Look up the necron decurion detachment then laugh as you make all your reanimation protocol saves
>>
File: 1486768280607.png (52KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486768280607.png
52KB, 540x675px
>>51714433
>>51719015
DON'T INSULT MY WAIFU
>>
>>51718964
How are basilisks, something about hard ordnance is a real turn on for me, but how do they perform in game vs Orruks and Necrontyr (names pending)
>>
>>51715859
You used that picture wrong, newfag
>>
>>51715880
> Implying Guardsman will live long enough to use them
>>
>>51719038
Hey as long as she and her merry band of cuc-err-customers keep buying our guns and staying out of our realm, knocking on doors she's fine by me
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>51716723
>>
>eldar get aeldari
>Dark eldar get mother fucking drukhari
Feels good
>>
>>51715027
The only problem I have with losing formations at this point is you have 2 or 3 armies that just dominate with no formations necessary, and the game becomes stale.
>>
>use free shipping on GW's site
>get a tracking number
does this happen often
>>
>>51719296
All the time?
>>
>>51719320
It specifically said I wasn't supposed to get tracking though.
>>
How would one strip the paint of a bane blade?
>>
>>51716723
Rolling
>>
>>51716723
roll
>>
>>51719341

Extremely painfully.
>>
>>51716723
Please not ork, I am tired of lose.
>>
>>51719076
Still good, unfortunately wyverns are so cheese it's hard to justify taking basilisks over them. It sucks because basilisks just look way cooler.

>>51719341
A small bucket and several bottles worth of brown Dettol. That stuff is the shit for removing paint, fucking reeks for days though and your tank will always smell faintly like it since it gets inside it, but it's not that bad once it dries.
>>
>>51719383
>>51719374
Should I just paint over it then?
>>
>>51719393
Fuck no strip it, it's a fucking baneblade man. You could probably soak some rags in Dettol and lay them over it to avoid immersing it, don't know how well it would work though.
>>
File: daemonbooty.jpg (98KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
daemonbooty.jpg
98KB, 576x1024px
Who got the booty?
Yncarne got the booty.
>>
rogal dorn = fav primarch and i love imperial fist fluff but fuck i just hate the yellow color scheme :(
>>
>>51719542
Wash it and make it look dirty. 10x better trust me. It tones down the brightness and making it gritty makes it so much cooler.
>>
>>51719542
You could just go Crimson Fist
>>
>>51717691
It works well
>>
Is there really NO WAY to make wyches work?
Like, in a raider jinking till it gets to its target and killing it. It can't even do that? Why are they so supposedly bad? What can they do well against?
>>
>>51719542
Why not a successor chapter?
>>
>>51719675

The problem is that they don't do any damage, they're T3 with a 6+ save, they only get a 4+ save in combat, and they're more expensive than Kabalites. If they had 2 attacks base or something maybe. Shred would be a nice buff if they also improved wych weapons.
>>
>>51714259
Recasters are cheaper (50- 75%), but do have quality issues. Also, recasters use resin, and resin is difficult shit to work with.
>>
>>51719675

You are literally better off just assaulting with Kabalite Warriors and can't shoo as well. They're fucking useless. The only time they could be useful would be if they could take 3 wych weapons and fit in a Raider with a Succubus but they can't even do that. Wych weapons suck now anyway.
>>
>>51714333
I have an Ultimaker 1 for exactly that reason - forget it, precision is WAY too low for 28mm models.
>>
>>51717586
>Tau/Dark Angels do it better.

Ha ha no.
>>
File: biel tan Dire Avenger inspo 1.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
biel tan Dire Avenger inspo 1.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
Are Direswords ever worth it on Dire Avengers?

>I6 A2 S3 AP2 on a model with Stubborn and Counterattack
>Entire unit also has shuriken weapons, can sometimes get AP2 (although not on overwatch if you take counterattack since you have to pick between the two)

I mean it seems like a decent all-purpose unit that can fight back against Termis and maybe even kill a few if you shoot them and then charge.

I'm thinking of buying one or two of that Wave Serpent + Dire Avengers package GW sells since it saves about $30CAD. Want to start Biel-Tan n' shit.Plan was for one to be Starcannon + Dire Sword Exarch, the other to be Scatter Laser + TL Avenger Shuriken Catapult Exarch. But I may be an idiot since S3 seems too shitty to do anything against Termis. Wat do?

pic somewhat related, but not mine, also Avengers should be blue but whatever
>>
>>51717607
Im pretty sure they are just trying to add to the joke, and did not actually expect people to buy them.
>>
Anyway to melt the bonding agent on used models or am I dreaming?
>>
i'm dry on editions, so I'm not gonna make the next thread
>>
>>51716723
fuck my life
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>51716723

Inspired by this but fuck that list

1 - eldar
2 - dark eldar
3 - corsairs
4 - spess murnhs
5 - chaos spess murhns
6 - grey knights
>>
>>51720428
welcome sibling Ynnari
>>
>>51720438
>Ynnari

NOPE.jpeg
>>
>>51713971
Here it goes guys
>>51720463
>>51720463
>>51720463
>>
>>51720428
>3/6 options are eldar
your list isn't really any better
>>
File: 1481700756375.jpg (83KB, 497x635px) Image search: [Google]
1481700756375.jpg
83KB, 497x635px
>meanwhile, in GW HQ
"our player base, and tournament statistics say that demons are OP, should we nerf them?"

"No, just give one to the Eldar instead"
>>
>>51720479

That's because I like Eldar and Space Marines, anon. Duh.

>Rolling to play a faction you don't even like
>>
File: 20170213_235011.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_235011.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
pls r8, no 8

finishing up last of my heavy weapons.
Thread posts: 437
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.