[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 59

File: hhg1.jpg (210KB, 812x542px) Image search: [Google]
hhg1.jpg
210KB, 812x542px
Adeptus Titanicus will save us edition

Anon's posting Inferno fluff pages sub-edition

That the dreams of Humanity are the darkest thing in all of creation is re-revealed, an anon shared his Warder-Custode with us and so, so much more in the last thread >>51701265 (Cross-thread)

>THE ONLY SCANS WE'LL EVER GET
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
Would it be ok to model my vets with sniper rifles, if I use the marksman skill? I really like the look of sniper rifle marines, but recon squads are a bit shit.
>>
>>51708171

Yeah, why not? it is a hobby where you build and convert YOUR miniatures. If you tell your opponent or model them in some way to make them stand out, go for it.
>>
>>51708075
But I would know. ;_;

>>51708094
Imperial Fists, but I haven't started any vehicles yet because I don't have an airbrush for vehicles and my personal life doesn't give me much time or resources to devote to the hobby. I just like the fluff and the modelling more than playing desu.
>>
So /hhg/, is it being That Guy to get fed up with kids entering 30k who don't actually understand the lore and just meme it up with Text to Speech shit?

If I hear another AWAKEN MY MASTERS joke when I field Custodes, or I AM FORTIFYING THIS POSITION when someone fields IF, I am likely to fucking flip
>>
>>51708171
Yuh bro, do it up. Long suppressors and tacticool scopes on bolters would also look cool and may help with any wargear confusion on your opponent's part.
>>
File: Whalemodel 02.jpg (24KB, 449x641px) Image search: [Google]
Whalemodel 02.jpg
24KB, 449x641px
OK, want to start working towards a larger Mechanicum army if I'm going to be including the Filiketos gunship in it (Going to be a few weeks until it gets here so I can start work, apparently).

Rate list?

4k Ordo Reductor - AoD FoC.

HQ:

- Magos Reductor with Machinator Array (150)
- Archmagos Archimandrite with Cyber-familliar, Abeyant, Machinator Array, Djinn-Skein and 4 Occularis, Chainfist, Photon Thruster (355) Warlord.

ELITE:

- Techpriest Enginseer Auixilia - 1 extra Enginseer, 4 Servo-arm servitors (105)

TROOPS:

- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 12 Secutarii Hoplites, Omnispex (164)

FAST ATTACK:

- Arvus Lighter with Twin-Linked Multilaser (90)
- Lightning Fighter with 4 Kraken Missiles, Servitor Control and Auguries (210)
HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Macrocarid Explorator with Explorator Web, Flare, Ceramite, Grav Imploder and sponson Irrads (345)
- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Imploders (240)
- Artillery tank squad - 3 Medusae, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, twin-linked bolter (480)

FORTIFICATION

- Skyshield Landing Pad (75)

LORD OF WAR:

- Suborbital Strike Wing - One Sokar-Pattern Stormbird, Orbital Strikes Upgrade - (Has to be the 40k Version, so 1 less lascannon and some extra heavy bolters) - 1000pts.
Allied Detatchment - Miltia and Cults

- Force Commander, Tainted Weapon (55)
- Provenances - Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh (70)

- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)

TOTAL: 3909 POINTS

OK, got 91 points spare, not sure where to put those. Any ideas?
This seem any good for that points level? Never gone up that high before.
>>
File: 1484879906921.jpg (231KB, 1001x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1484879906921.jpg
231KB, 1001x1147px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/13/prospero-will-burn/
>The seventh installment in our Horus Heresy series, Inferno will be available to order this weekend.
IT BEGINS!
>>
>>51708238
Can't stand TTS, much in agreement. But I'm plastic and Chinacast loving plebeian so I guess my opinion is invalidated.
>>
>>51708223
If you haven't started yet, you can make your own with the aid of translators or dictionaries, and surely some of us can help you here. I only know some basics of the language so my aid's limited, but I'll gladly help.
>>
>>51708238
Calm your autism
>>
>>51708240
Was thinking more full on long-las snipers, probably using Scion hot-shot lasguns.
>>
File: danceingmatoran.gif (91KB, 400x211px) Image search: [Google]
danceingmatoran.gif
91KB, 400x211px
>>51708250
Aw shit
>>
>>51708238
Nooooo. All extremes are bad, both overmemery and memedrought must be avoided and suppressed.
Like all the info of the Fallen, traitors that have no link to the First Legion
>>
>>51708276
On the one hand I wanna say it could lead to confusion but on the other hand if we were playing and you just pointed at your squad and said "hey these are sniper vets" there's really no way to misunderstand that.
>>
File: 1483568342140.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483568342140.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>51708250
YESS
>>
>>51708250
YES
>>
>>51708242
>Going to be a few weeks until it gets here so I can start work
Where the hell did you order it from? Hasn't it been a week already?
>>
>>51708283
Holy fuck, that gif is some massive deja vu

Bionicles were my shit back in the day
>>
>>51708171
Yes.
What bitz are you thinking of? The FW power-armour recon marines?

>>51708238
>who don't actually understand the lore
To what extent?
They haven't read all the HH novels or bought and devoured the several hundred pounds of black books and just got the red ones?
>>
>>51708339
Bionicles are the new "le 90's kid" thing of this decade.

Lewa a best.
>>
>>51708327
It's been three days. man, and over the weekend.
Actually not sure where it's coming from, but the shipping was free, so whatever, I have some Sicarians and Kastelans to paint in the meantime. Not sure why the shipping will take so long, but if it gets here in one piece I'm fine with it.

Gives me some time to get the rest of the bitz together too.
>>
>>51708362
Still remember the original Makuta kit, that was a great model
>>
File: sw-recon.png (2MB, 1319x685px) Image search: [Google]
sw-recon.png
2MB, 1319x685px
>>51708340
>What bitz are you thinking of?

MkIV and Scion hot-shot lasguns.
>>
Does anybody know what the little dot nubbins near the head of the Levithan dreadnought are?
>>
>>51708454
Phosphex projectors?
>>
>>51708454
could be its grenades, smoke launchers, phosphex dingles, or just aesthetic
>>
>>51708400
I usually talk about so much of the Visions stuff being awful, but I really like that.
>>
How are Whirlwinds for AA, specifically in a Ironwing list?
I think bringing a squadron of 3 (making them BS5) would do a pretty good job of fucking up any fliers the enemy brings
>>
File: combo.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
combo.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
How does HHG feel about this start to a conversion for a fire raptor the base kit is stormraven when you order from FW.
>>
>>51708400
>I ordered pepperoni on my pizza, not fucking pineapple
>>
>>51708605
>"Can you hear me now?"
>>
>>51708605
>not combining pepperoni and pineapple
>>
>>51708638
Truly, SW is the wrost legion
>>
File: Dorn.png (94KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn.png
94KB, 250x250px
>>51708638
Sweet fruit does not belong in savoury meals.
>>
>>51708638
You disgust me.
>>
My legion is better than your legion
>>
>>51708656
>implying
Yeah? Well my dad could beat up your dad.
>>
>>51708656
That is factually inaccurate.
>>
>>51708656
No.
>>
File: Picture1.png (38KB, 900x701px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.png
38KB, 900x701px
Doing Sons of Horus from 2 B@C boxes, what extra buys should I make? I like the idea of Land Raiders, to really reinforce the spear tip idea. I also have the fluff idea that the praetor will be a champion of the gods, a dark paladin who converted to chaos worship early in the warrior lodges.
>>
>>51708656
Nope. My legion is objectively better than yours.

I also have the objectively best dad.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
Too much gore?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>51708638
>>
>>51708638
Both are inferior pizza toppings. Garlic is where it's at.
>>
>>51708698
Well, SoH speartips were mostly deepstriking, but hey no reason not to base one around LRs.
>>
>>51708715
The right amount
>>
>>51708715
I dunno, but the chainsword is in the wrong hand for the blood on his chest to be facing that way, since it seems to be going down a sstraight diagonal line to the right, whereas his sword is in the left hand, and so if he cut someone open with it and the blood sprayed onto him, logically it would be going down a diagonal line to the right, right?
>>
>>51708698
Orbital assault works really well for them. Mass drop pods and teleporter assault
>>
>>51708698
What did you think of the PotL idea that was posted last thread?
Land raiders can't hold more than 10, so veteran tactical squads are better suited than regular tacticals, and they confer outflank.

You might want a Chaplain or Librarian, or even a Word Bearers allied detachment if you want to go the full Chaos route.

>>51708715
Nope. Well-placed too.

If I was ever to do WE, I'd be be worried about it looking too much like it was RAINING BLOOD or they were literally wading through it rather than simply splashing on them like yours looks.
>>
File: pure of heart v lich.jpg (2MB, 800x2835px) Image search: [Google]
pure of heart v lich.jpg
2MB, 800x2835px
Nobody spoon fed me last time so I'll ask one more time and then stop being a faggot about it. Pls help though.

>Want to start EC
>No idea where to start
>Probably going to buy BaC
>Read the "30k tactica and tips" pastbin but it was useless

What books from OP should I read, and in what order?
Pic not really related but maybe sort of
>>
>>51708754
He might have been revving it at an angle, an enemy might have tried to grab onto him while bleeding profusely, or some blood from the victim of the guy standing next to him might have hit him.

>>51708736
>>51708775
>guy asks for advice on making Landraiders work
>tells him about entirely different playstyles
>>
>>51708792
>>Want to start EC
>>No idea where to start
HQ and 2 troops
You want to get easy-peasy uninspired plastic? 2 Tactical squads and a chaplain.
Read the Legion Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.
>>
>>51708792
Get a wig, dye your hair purply-pink, maybe paint stars over your eyes or something, and wear some sparkly, wide ankled trousers.
>>
Where are the rules for Iron Fire row?
I want to build a list with IW hvy gunline shooty shootshoots allied with WE fast attack assault choppy chops.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 310x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 310x475px
>>51708715
I like the tartaros helmet, it reminds me of the helmet from Gladiator.
>>
>>51708906
Legion army list book under the generic RoWs.
>>
>>51708898

I already do that, what next? Hope it won't hurt that I have a $300/day cocaine habit.

>>51708857
>Read the Legion Astartes Age of Darkness Army List.

Thanks anon
>>
>>51708698
Take more than one LR otherwise its just a fire magnet. If you do this then its best if you added Dreadclaws to make the most of your rules and give you some maneurevability and take some heat off your raiders.
>>
>>51708792
I've not played that legion, but dammit man, there are vague ideas you can give us that would give us an idea of what you want to accomplish with that legion.
They were one that in-fluff prided themselves on being "masters", so anything can be fluffy, and they don't have RoW limitations like some other legions, but generally melee is their gimmick.

What kind of list you want senpai? Primarch or no Primarch? Many bodies or few bodies? Fast or not fast?
>>
>>51708928
>what next?
Get one of your breasts enlarged and the other removed if there's one there already, also, make sure it's not the Crusade Army List since that's the old version.
>>
>>51708918
Thanks. I have a feeling that the bonuses are IW only...
What artillery is recommended? Basilisks? Rapiers? Medusas?
>>
>>51708171
Keep in mind you pick the vet skill at the beginning of the game, so if you're up against a tank army you can pick machine hunter instead of marksman.

But you'll rarely swap skills (unless they change significantly next time the rules get rewritten) so go ahead. I think it'd be ideal to keep them looking like bolters and just extend the barrel, but whatever.

>>51708599
I'm having a hard time picturing where it's going.
>>
File: IMG_3486.jpg (127KB, 672x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3486.jpg
127KB, 672x957px
Hey /hhg/, here's my second model I've done, and he's miles better than my first.

Washing and drybrushing GW's texture paints makes them look amazing.
>>
>>51708959
>What artillery is recommended? Basilisks? Rapiers? Medusas?
Medusae are better, but Basalisks look cooler, Quad Mortars are good to the point of being OP, so one (and only one, lest you be That Guy) squad is recommended.
>>
>>51708954

GOTTA GO FAST is my main concern and I generally prefer the idea of playing without a Primarch 99% of the time. I want to run up to people from angles they're not expecting and perfectly stab them in the dick. Also finding a use for Kakophoni would be pretty cool.

>>51708956
>also, make sure it's not the Crusade Army List since that's the old version.

Noted, thanks
>>
>>51708995
>fast and all angles
Outriders are scouting bikes, and can therefore outflank.
>>
>>51708995
Those are the easiest things to make for the legion.

I'm not sure how to min-max bang for your buck in terms of models, but rules-wise you came to the right neighbourhood.
>>
>>51708792
>>51708928
>>51708995
Read Age of Darkness Legions for Legion special units and characters. And 1d4chan tactica for a brief insight, it will answer quite a few of the questions you have.
If you're interested in stories, look for Emperor's Children on lexicanum and go to the sources section.
>>
File: EC Phoenix Guard Termis.jpg (29KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
EC Phoenix Guard Termis.jpg
29KB, 500x425px
>>51709039
>>51709008
>>51709030

Okay, thanks anons. I will get on that. Outriders + infantry and stuff sounds like my kind of army (also Outriders have amazing models). I don't really care that much about minmaxing so after I figure out whether it's fluff rape to run them without Fulgrim I might get some of those phoenix terminator body guard guys since they look cool too.

Much appreciated, thanks again. I'll get reading on the stuff from OP now.
>>
>>51708242
Anyone? I guess I could take some Mutant Spawn just for silliness, or drop a couple Hoplites and upgrades and get an Ordinator or some other enginseers to repair the Stormbird from inside.

Thinking that the "Must Hover for a turn" on the Skyshield is easily worth having the Stormbird there for T1, since I think even a D-spam Reaver Titan will struggle to nuke down 2 Voids, 12 AV14 HP, all with a 4++.

Anyone actually used a Stormbird? Did it do anything particularly cool or terrible? Imagine you'd need to be careful with the nuke with Indirect Fire locked.
>>
>>51709134
>I don't really care that much about minmaxing
I was talking about using Calth as the absolute basis of your army, I mean.
Some legions do better with CQC troop squads than bolter marines, for which it ranges from slightly more expensive (SW) to frigging impossible (WE) to save much money building your army from Calth or Prospero.
EC is one of those, I think, but you can still get the most of out of the boxsets so long as you're happy to pay 20-40 points extra within your tactical squads and have your troops modelled as wielding bolters rather than "dynamic" poses charging into battle.
EC aren't fluffed as rage-fueled or indisciplined, so it's fine to have them wielding bolters even if you end up charging them into battle as a matter of course.
>>
>>51709134
You'll probably some metal boxes for them infantry squads.
>>
>>51708987
Cool thanks. Got one medusa and one thudd rapier
After a short read through I decided against Iron Fire and figured the best choice is to load up WE with nuncio-voxes and run them forwards to provide eyes for the artillery. Sworn brothers benefit from each others' nuncios.
Maybe a list of shattered legion featuring these two might be fun as well...
>>
File: Lorgar.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>51708967
See what happens when you have faith, Word Bearer?
>>
Any examples of a primaris-lightning painted in legion colors?

I need... inspiration.
>>
>>51708122
>tfw Ordo Sinister got their Imperators retconned away.
>allofmyrage.gif
>>
>>51708792
Generally speaking your goal as an EC player is to get the charge and win by sweeping units. And you want Phoenix Terminators because they look so cool. Put them in an assault vehicle (if they have a character attached then it has to be a Spartan or Kharbydis).

The Maru Skara rite of war is great, and really helps use the EC's relatively subtle advantages. Consider taking Fulgrim, too. Being able to choose his warlord trait is a big deal - you can build an army around that.

The risk with Maru Skara is that your outflankers could arrive on the wrong side. That's why a lot of people take fast units, but if they arrive on the right side (2/3 chance) then you've wasted points. Better to take shooty units (can't assault first turn so if you take close combat units, they should be durable ones like dreadnoughts or units in heavy transports).

Read the fluff sections of the first two black books and the novel Fulgrim. EC are the bad guys in a big chunk of The Path of Heaven (mostly about the White Scars though). There are novellas and short stories about EC too, but you'll have to search for them in the anthologies.
>>
>>51709238
>I was talking about using Calth as the absolute basis of your army, I mean.

Ah, I see. I will look into getting FW stuff or else using some shooty-looking BaC squads because as you noted EC are supposed to be able to do everything anyway.

>>51709341

Thanks anon, that's very helpful. I'm going to copy/paste and save this post for later. Right now I'm still reading though the PDF of the Age of Darkness army list thing.
>>
Can you bring shattered legions as an allied detachment?

Basically, do you need an HQ from a 2nd legion just to take regular goons with their LA rule or do you only need the HQ for legion specific units?
>>
>>51709276
I am just picturing it in my mind:
A calm IW captain standing his hands folded while a WE lieutenant impatiently paces behind him while artillery pounds enemy fortifications. As soon as the wall is breached a white'n'blue tide of bloodthirsty madmen surges forward to slaughter everyone inside.
>>
File: etts2.png (653KB, 658x501px) Image search: [Google]
etts2.png
653KB, 658x501px
>>51708238
>>
>>51708238
I've got a guy in my group who watches that shit but he's too busy quoting Archer, American Dad, and DBZ abriged to quote it.
>>
>>51709394
Two lines of the rules about shattered legions specifically say Primary Detachment, so looks like no go on allies, unless you ven find different wording.
>>
>>51708122
Phone scanon, could you post some custodes fluff whenever you are willing and have a chance?
>>
>>51708238
If I do get into Custodes I fully intend to get the bare chested slaughter priest, remove the Khorne images, and replace his head with a Custodes helmet and use him as a shield captain or better. The TACTICAL Custodes are perfect since I'm pretty sure they'll come with a full Custodes sprue along with the bolters and helmets
>>
>>51708122
We have the fluff pages now?
>>
>>51708638
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>51708715
Seems like the perfect amount.
>>
>>51708715
Looks good to me.
>>
>>51709339
Dont cry, warlord sinister is a god machine worthy of the ordo.
>>
>>51709386
There are two Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness books:
"Army List" - generic marines + FW book 6's new legion-specific rites of war
"Legions" - legion-specific rules and units through FW book 5

The 3rd Company Elite rite of war is good if you want to run lots of Kakophoni. Two squads with Rhinos are good even if they don't move, because Rhinos can block/redirect units that want to charge them. The rest of your list should be assault-oriented (though you may need a Sicaran Venator for anti-Spartan duty). Outriders were great when you could use multiple meltabombs. Not so much anymore, but I'm expecting FW to allow it again when 40k moves to the 8th ed (rumor is HH will keep 7th ed rules with FW-specific edits).

I'd to squeeze in 5 Phoenix Guard in a Dreadclaw or Land Raider or a few of their models as a command squad with a Tartaros praetor.

If you like Leviathans, they really need a dreadnough drop pod. Other dreads are more viable on foot.
>>
File: image.jpg (320KB, 736x1063px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320KB, 736x1063px
>>51709339
Some rape machines are too good for this earth.
>>
File: wordbearer.jpg (99KB, 599x879px) Image search: [Google]
wordbearer.jpg
99KB, 599x879px
Using a variant of the Forgeworld Word Bearers recipe, with Vallejo Transparent Red.
>>
>>51709899
*too big for this table

I'm sure someone would be interested in buying a man-sized lump of resin for the price of a small car though.

>>51709923
Sexy colour. Looks kind of "dusty" though, was that intended?
>>
>>51709923
the transfer looks too clean compared to the rest of the model.
>>
Has anyone here built Breachers from BoP plastic MkIII with regular breacher shields from eBay or recasts or whatever?

I'm dryfitting the bits and the arms and shields aren't aligning well at all, not sure which of the pieces I should repose to make it work.
>>
>>51709931
>Looks kind of "dusty" though, was that intended?

Yes I drybrushed it with silver to make it look beat up. Unfortunately my drybrush has a tendency to splatter fine particles of paint everywhere which makes things look dusty. I need to stop using it.

>>51709952
>the transfer looks too clean compared to the rest of the model.

Yeah I don't really like how the transfer turned out. I should weather it as well. This guy is the first of his squad to receive a transfer, hopefully the rest will be better.
>>
>>51708715
I can still see paint, not enough
>>
>>51709923
Shoulder is messy
Drill tthe barrel rather than painting it
Put the transfer on before you weather the model.
>>
File: 1470541550533.gif (3MB, 5408x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1470541550533.gif
3MB, 5408x1668px
>>51708652
>sometimes you need acid to balance out a dish
>pineapple+poultry+watercress+chestnut
>foie gras+ apple+ shallot
>prosciutto + mango+ curry powder
>>
>>51710013
People say to use sponge material like you'd get from clampacks to do it instead. I don't think drybrushes are meant for that, at least on infantry-sized models.
I can't remember if FW/GW provide them nowadays, but I did definitely get some from Warlord games' metal figures.
>>
>>51710063
Don't forget adding a ring of pineapple to a gammon steak.
>>
>>51709879
Its not even that, I like all the fluff about the Ordo Sinister too so I'm not that upset. Especially the story about sending one to conquer a rebellious world back without firing a shot.

I just wanted a more explicit hint of them having some other titans than just 20-25 warlords. Like the little blurbs about how they might have some super secret methods of getting or building their own titans independent of the ad mech. Or how the Psi Titan fluff mentions how they might have even more hidden prototypes etc.

Guess this means I'll have to wait until Adeptus Titanicus comes out and hopefully becomes successful. So GW can add lots of super special snowflake units like the Ordo Sinister back in.
>>
>>51709923
Well that definitely looks better than mine. Looks great, anon!

>>51708967
Maybe I should have gone for a darker red?

Oh well, I like it just the same.
>>
>>51710254
>Adeptus Titanicus

I'm disgusted by how the Adeptus Titanicus Reaver Diagram they revealed makes Titans canonically small to match the 28mm Titans.

25 meters for a Reaver? They're only slightly taller than Mobile Suits and Battlemechs.
>>
>>51710304
Scale is always wonky in game mode. I don't worry about it honestly and it should be practical to play you know what I mean?
>>
File: 1470286406452.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
1470286406452.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>51708599
still looks like shit, body is far too wide
>>
>>51710304
Didn't someone post the rules for AT a few threads back? Did someone save them?
>>
File: 11651651516.jpg (676KB, 1000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
11651651516.jpg
676KB, 1000x1348px
>>
File: 15151541654.jpg (813KB, 1000x692px) Image search: [Google]
15151541654.jpg
813KB, 1000x692px
>>
>>51710275
Your mini looks good, just needs a bit more definition (a highlight, mostly). A darker red would look more WB-like, imo, but you don’t have to do it. Depends how many you’ve already painted.
>>
File: AdeptusMech-2.jpg (1MB, 1000x1348px) Image search: [Google]
AdeptusMech-2.jpg
1MB, 1000x1348px
Hype levels: Imperator!
>>
>>51710371
>>51710387
Thank you anon.
>>
File: 1486401726627.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1486401726627.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>
File: 1486401823835.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1486401823835.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>
>>51710403
The meme is IMMENSUS.
>>
>>51710442
Immensus is too little for my hype.
>>
File: 20170213_215703.jpg (558KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_215703.jpg
558KB, 1306x980px
Some progress on the flamer marines. Should be finished tomorrow.
>>
>>51708594
I think a Deredeo is better than 3 AA whirlwinds. Maybe.
>>
>>51709386
>>51709341
The Phoenician (War Without End), the Reflection Crack'd, Angel Exterminatus, Vengeful Spirit, the Chirurgeon are some of the books Fulgrim appears in.
>>
>>51708792
>>Read the "30k tactica and tips" pastbin but it was useless
What, how?
Feedback plox.
>>
>>51709923
Perfect armour color.
>>
So how does this look?
HQ
Constantin Valdor
275 pts

Elite
Aquilion Terminator Squad
225 pts

Troops
Custodian Guard Squad
Melta Bombs, Arae Shrikes
172 pts
Custodian Guard Squad
172 pts
Custodian Guard Squad
172 pts
Sentinal Guard Squad
Magisterium Vexhilia, Melta Bombs, Arae Shrikes
187 pts
Sentinal Guard Squad
Magisterium Vexhillia, Melta Bombs,
187 pts

Fast Attack
Agmatus Jetbike Squad
225 pts
Agmatus Jetbike Squad
225 pts
Pallas Grav Attack Squad x3
Extra Armour x3
270 pts

Heavy Support
Caladius Grav Tank
Extra Armour
200 pts
Caladius Grav Tank
Extra Armour
200 pts

Total: 3000 pts

Valdor goes with one of the custodian squads
>>
>>51710389
I've only done two dudes, and am almost done with my third, but I'm gonna keep them like this.
>>
>>51708715
Fine by me but goddamn anon, control you washes.
>>
>>51709339
I'm afraid of the Sinistramanus as it is, anon.
Besides, the only reason the 12 Apostl- ehrr, Imperators aren't here because their rules weren't ready just yet.

Remember when we were making the Order of Extraordinary Characters and their endgame has them a Grav Imperator with a Navigator (for Warp running) as a DT?

Now I'm very afraid our meme witchery has manifested.
>>
Is there any real point in taking a praetor instead of a delegatus for a WS Chogorian Brotherhood? Jetbike gives you 2+, it's cheaper, you can still take a power glaive if you really want to assault. You don't get cyber hawk, but that only works for infantry units and the only infantry in the list I'm working on are seekers, which have preferred enemy anyway.
>>
>>51711320
The Praetor still has +1W and WS (and attack?), as well as access to non-Two handed Specialist weapon Paragon Blade and Digital weapons.
But the Delegatus is good enough, and his mastercrafted weapon makes him pretty much pay for himself.
>>
>>51711320
he more killy, iron halo is no available to little delegatus
>>
>>51711385
Good point on iron halo, other melee weapons I'm not too concerned with since mine will mostly be a shooty army. Which also makes me ask, why is it so hard to build a shooty HQ? So many available melee weapons, so few worthwhile guns.
>>
Anyone use any of the Magos Prime types other than Archimandrite? I can see why you'd have an Ordinator in Reductor or a Lachrimallius if you have three or four Thrall units, but even then it's not the best of ideas as far as I can tell. The Myrmidax and Malagra look especially useless, you kind of want them buffing.
>>
>>51711411
It's representative of the marines. The only non-support shooty HQs are Vigilators and Forge Lords. Not a single shooty Master of the Legion, sadly.
>>
>>51711420
The myrmidax is for joining a myrmidon squad, and the Malagra is for melee, but that was in HH3. Now Archagi Dominus and Reductors are stealing the spotlight he shared with the Lacrymallus.
>>51711411
Why won't you give me a (You), anon
>>
>>51711318
>grav imperator
Mein gott.
>>
>>51711480
fuk u gweilo
>>
>>51711528
:^)
>>
>>51711411
>why is it so hard to build a shooty HQ?
because FW is retarded. its fucking annoying. i want to run a mortariat or a vigilator with my RG and they are both useless point-sinks
>>
>making 2k lunar yiff army with as many claws as I feel like building
>Leviathan can get a kharybdis as a dedicated transport
How useful is a Leviathan in orbital assault ROW? How should he be kitted out for such a purpose? Remarkably little of what I have built is AP2, that seems like my biggest weakness so far.
>>
>>51711480
Annoying thing re. Myrmidax is that he only suits Secutors, who are now entirely useless.
AM Reductor does the same job as the Malagra with S10 Chainfist and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Personally I use Archimandrite with every damn toy I can get him, Photon Thruster and Chainfist with my Myrmidon Destructors, and he does well tanking the inevitable charge and occasionally punching Praetors around the head.
>>
>>51711577
I'll give you the moritat, but the vigilator? He gives one unit in your army Scout and Stealth, that can be pretty useful.
>>
File: Gold_Saint_and_Athena.png (5MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_Saint_and_Athena.png
5MB, 1920x1080px
>>51711318
Cant fucking wait to see the wargear options and fluff for Titanicus so I can finally make a Legion based on Saint Seiya. Athena as an artillery or psyker Imperator/Warlord and her 12 golden Reavers/Warhounds, Knights of the Zodiac shall be a thing!.
>>
>>51711646
The Leviathan is fine.

- Claw vs multi-wound targets.
- Drill vs armour.
- Storm cannon against Monstrous Creatures and Sv3+
- Cyclonic melta against knights and vehicles; even ceramic won't save them
- Bombard against Sv2+ and... it's kind of ehh against vehicles unless you are Dark Angels with Tank Hunter.

Always equip one CC and one gun. Just pick according to what you expect to face or where you think you have a weakness.

Personally I do drill + melta lance to fuck up as much armour as possible.
>>
>>51711719

So this is an Ordo Sinister Clone but without the grimdark?
>>
>>51711694
>He gives one unit in your army Scout and Stealth, that can be pretty useful.
its not worth the points. hes 85 points before upgrades. both of the 'shooty' consuls are bad. all of the other consuls can actually justify their points costs.
>libby
psykers are always good, can be broken if you use them right.
>chaplain
zealot and fear are both great, huge in deathstars
>master of signal
cognis sigum is great with shooty units and the bombardment is nice, also a vox.
>medicae
obviously great, mandatory in most deathstars
>siegebreaker
great, phosphex is awesome and tank hunter for a heavy weapon squad is massive
>forgelord
can get a 3+ invuln in cataphractii, can fix shit, can take graviton guns, etc. useful as fuck and can be nasty beatsticks
>praevan
great for robots
>delegatus
probably the most cost effective HQ choice
>herald
useful for buffing whole hordes of dudes

and then you have the shitty stupid ones FW fucked up with.
>champion
complete trash, worse beatstick than a forgelord
>vigilator
garbage, all the firepower of a 20 point seeker. scout and a stealth arent worth the points.
>mortariat
even worse than garbage, totally unplayable.

no idea what FW is smoking but after the dumpsterfire that is inferno i have no idea what to expect rules wise anymore.
>>
>>51711870

Vigilator are certainly useful with a jet pack in a big ball of assault marines, since giving them better cover and letting them ignore dangerous terrain tests is a double whammy
>>
>>51711864
>So this is an Ordo Sinister Clone

Beyond the 12-13 Titan numbers I dont see how its a clone, inspired by it is what I think it is. Its gonna be a small (?) legion with golden titans, each named and configured after the golden saints, guarding a bigger titan in the backline, thats all I have thought of right now.
>>
>>51711870
>phosphex is awesome
It is. Is there a way to attach an Augury Array to Legion Rapiers?
>>
>>51711957

Make them the antithesis of Sinister. Instead of being grimdark murder-machines fueled by psyker agony, make them paragons that inspire all who stand before them, idols that glow with the light of illumination and encourage the Marines and Imperial Army troops that fight in their shadow.
>>
>>51711870
>getting your dark furies 12" closer at the start of the battle, and a 4+ cover save in the open with recon company, isn't worth the points
Whatevs.
>>
>>51711968
forgelord
>>51711893
it should give shrouded, if he gave shrouded hed be worth the points.
>>
>>51710403
Anyone else bothered by how short it is? It's around 80ft tall and that's smaller than most office buildings,
>>
>>51712012
they can infiltrate anyway. hes only good with recon company for the 4+ cover.
>>
>>51708961
>you can pick machine hunter instead of marksman

What good are bolters against tanks, even with +1 to AP?
>>
>>51711986
Legio Retsinis?
>>
>>51711182
you really should put those customs in transports, even if it means dropping a squad or two. You only need enough custodes units to run your grav tanks (2)
>>
>>51712085

Retsina is a form of Greek White Wine that has been made for over 2000 years. The name is oddly apt
>>
>>51712085
The Ordo Dexter

>>51712021
Shame, that's another 100pts down the drain.
>>
Recently played against a BA list and he had assault cannons on everything from rhinos to under-slung dread claws. I play IF and he told me the Fist had the same access as BAs but after reading their rules of says only termies can take them.

Was there an update or something I missed?
>>
>>51712122
no he was mistaken
>>
>>51712122

You met the Ass-Can spam. I pity you.
>>
>>51711320
Not if you’re sticking him on a jetbike. Praetors are geared for close combat and that means Outrider bikes.
>>
>>51710605
Nice work anon, we've got similar schemes - how are you dirtying up the Ushabti?
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (445KB, 1288x885px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
445KB, 1288x885px
I'm putting together a pile of bits to buy to make the basic frame of the Whalebird.
Anyone know a good source of plasticard/plastic girders and deckplate and such? And possibly a way to get a command bridge that doesn't look idiotic, something like pic related's bridge.

Need armour panels, deck plating, railings and structural girders, and maybe some cogs and steampunk bits if there are any.
>>
>>51712298
Are you in the right thread?
>>
>>51712328
He is, this is a project that's been posted about here a couple of times.
>>
>>51712298

Gale-Force-Nine Plasticard is what you want. They have specific deckplate sheets.
>>
>>51712298
You know what would be cool? A robotic spine.

And an Angler fishes' rod.
>>
File: image.jpg (156KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 800x425px
Is there any decent advice for constructing a Custodes list yet?

I like the big Dreads, but I'm aware how tiny the model count for Custodes is by default and that taking a bunch of Dreads would only exacerbate that problem.
>>
>>51712463
>Is there any decent advice for constructing a Custodes list yet?
yeah, take anything you want because the whole list is OP
>>
>>51712135
So only the Bangles can use them on everything with a heavy flamer?

>>51712136
It was annoying as fuck but I kept to cover and ended up almost wiping the board after turn 4.
>>
>>51712122
No.
The book that gave the IF the assault cannon gave it to them as an option for terminators, and it gave the (at the time without rules) BA the same option with the same limitation.
But then book 6 (?) came out and all of a sudden the wording was changed so that any heavy flamer could be swapped, leading to absurd scenarios like dreadnoughts having two assault cannons within their fists.
>>
>>51712503
You won against the Asspam?

>>51712463
Not this guy, but the Talons .pdf says nothing about fielding them in Legion detachments, if possible at all. Does anyone here know the answer to this?
I'd like to field a unit of perhaps 3, maybe even a Knight-Errant with a small force of Astartes, having them as fighting the war in the shadows.
>>
>>51712537
Yeah had to deal with two contemptors with dual assualt cannons on their ccw's and 4 rhinos with them as a pinnel weapon. It wasn't a close game anyways, my command squad soaked up about 2 rounds of fire from the rhinos and my boxnoughts wrecked the contemptors.
>>
>>51712298
Model train stores and websites. Sorry, don't know beyond that, but I've seen plastic I-beams and HSS members (steel rectangular tubes) in a local model train store, along with bridges in several different scales. Study the scales before you go.
>>
>>51712606
>my boxnoughts wrecked the contemptors
Love when this happens.

Excellent work fellow fortifier.
>>
>>51712581
>Does anyone here know the answer to this?
Do you expect to take a Magos in a legion detachment too?
>>
>>51712720
No, but wasn't there some deal about them being Agents of the Emperor?
>>
>>51712753
Yes, but there was also some deal about them being taken in an allied detachment too.
>>
File: Libra's temple.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Libra's temple.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>51711719
>Knights of the Zodiac shall be a thing!.
What happens at Chamber Borealis stays at Chamber Borealis ;^)
>>
>>51712753
That's the white scars.

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue
>>
>>51712810
BOREALUM
>>
File: Red Right Hand of Justice.png (262KB, 371x281px) Image search: [Google]
Red Right Hand of Justice.png
262KB, 371x281px
>>51712110
>Dextramanus Lux-Iudicium
Well you're onto something, anon.
The Shining Red Right Hand of the Emperor's Justice has been a thing since 2012
>>
>>51712380
Nice, those will be helpful.

>>51712670

There's one near me, I didn't think of that. May wait for the model to get here before I visit, then I can eyeball it somewhat. 28mm is a vague scale, and even more so at the extreme ends of the size spectrum for it.

>>51712403

Robotic spine may happen, if I can find suitable parts to make it look cybernetic enough, and it fits with the whole "Void Projection" thing too. Thinking a similar kind of thing to 'Nid carapace, but with cybernetics, wires running from the metal plates into skin pores like large versions of the ones in Marines, all that jazz. Will probably need a lot of greenstuff and bodging.

Angler rod probably won't since the model isn't quite the right shape, and the Orbital Strike will be a big communications array, possibly built into the spine.

Speaking of that, I need some crewmen and servitors. Was thinking Genestealer Neophyte mining suits with Kataphron heads and servo-arms, but maybe some Solar Aux for the voidsmen? Those suits are sexy.
>>
>>51712581
If it weren't for the glorious saves my command squad made the ass cannons would have turned on more squishy targets. Luckly enough 3/4th of the rhinos were gone turn 2. Mortis boxnought stripped both contemptors of hull points from from way down field and my two other dreads finished them off on the charge.

My tacts were hitting harder than his were, my delegates & command squad were butchering his ass marines.

Meanwhile my landraider squadron ran over most of his heavy armor, my lascannon heavy weapon squad managed to bust a spartan turn 1 and my seekers minced the termites that were foot slogging after than next turn.

The dude is known for making cheesy as fuck list, first dude to run iron fire at my local store and kept to it until yesterday. I guess he thought the assault cannon spam was something to be broken.
>>
>>51712042
they cannot if you are operating according to the spirit of the rules given by the writing staff multiple times.

yes, according to 7th ed jump is a subtype, before that they were not and the rules were written then. the intent is clear and has been stated.
>>
>>51713333
>they cannot if you are operating according to the spirit of the rules given by the writing staff multiple times.
source?
>yes, according to 7th ed jump is a subtype, before that they were not and the rules were written then. the intent is clear and has been stated.
theyve had years to FAQ it
>>
File: part2.jpg (185KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
part2.jpg
185KB, 1024x768px
>>51708961
>>51710324
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/280127-help-finding-adequate-storm-eagle-missile-racks/?hl=%2Bstorm+%2Beagle#entry3461317

It looks decent enough to me.
>>
>>51713085
It's always nice to hear about some faggot getting what was coming.
>>
>>51710007
Working on it at this moment, but no shields right now. Which arms did you use? I'm using the aiming arms which look very similar to the arms that come in the breacher kit, specifically the one on the right in the midground. Is the fit that bad that a little greenstuff and careful shoulder pad positioning can't fix it? Pics?
>>
>>51710007
>>51713756
Where'd you get your shields?
>>
>>51713085
>my lascannon heavy weapon squad managed to bust a spartan turn 1
He had no flare shield, or did you roll half a dozen sixes?
>>
What happened to the anon posting the fluff from Inferno? Feeling blue balled from promises of SW fluff.
>>
File: adepts titanicus.jpg (247KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
adepts titanicus.jpg
247KB, 1024x704px
>>51712033
>Anyone else bothered by how short it is? It's around 80ft tall and that's smaller than most office buildings,

I've been nerd-raging about this all week.
>>
>>51713756
I've tried with all four types and none of them fit at all on their own.
Filing down the area where the shoulders meet the body to change the angle is probably the easiest solution, but it's gonna be fiddly.

>>51713898
Ebay from some Russian, almost guaranteed to be recasts but the quality is good enough to be able to greenstuff and sand down the imperfections.
>>
>>51713983
Thanks.
>>
>>51713901
Could have been a side shot, due to deployment.
>>
>>51713901
I got his side armor
>>
>>51713085
How do you normally deal with riding the ironfire? Shit always floors me.
>>
File: 1336350042466.jpg (179KB, 589x564px) Image search: [Google]
1336350042466.jpg
179KB, 589x564px
>>51710013
ok then, by the same token your entire force loses furious charge as the furious assault rule doesn't exist and we have only the designers telling us what it was supposed to be.

Face it, the books have numerous innaccuracies that are not all minor, and until an official FAQ is release dall we have to go on to fix the issues are what multiple people have gotten consistently out of the actual writers at events and not the email team.
>>
>>51714002
>>51714018
Ah, that's still good.
>>
File: 1408469229557.png (169KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1408469229557.png
169KB, 330x327px
>>51714039
was meant for >>51713380
not sure how it got linked to the other post.
>>
>>51713920
>right guys, we need a tagline that'll draw in our target audience of 12 year old boys
>how about EPIC BATTLES BETWEEN GIGANTIC ROBOTS
>jervis, you are a genius
>>
>>51711097
It is. Converting from 40k I had a litter of whirlwinds and they did exactly what you'd think for their point value. Ended up dropping them for raipers.
>>
>>51708594
How are you running ironwing? I didn't get to much feedback last thread. Heavy armor with lite infantry or medium infantry/armor?
>>
>>51714074
that attracts everyone, not just 12 year old boys
>>
Does The Horus Heresy have its own Kill Team equivalent?
I'm all for recreating battles and duking it out legion style, but fuck 3,000 point games.
>>
>>51714147
yeah
>>
>>51712482

>Take anything you want because the whole list is OP

Pfft, maybe on an individual model level, but I can't see myself winning much with poor list building given the tiny ass units. Any concentration of firepower will chew through 6 2+ saves.
>>
>>51714147
Yes, its in the Vengence in the Void campaign. Its more similar to HoR than Kill Team as you buy miniatures individually to make your team plus a leader.
>>
>>51714179
Could you elaborate?
>>
File: 20170213_011320.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170213_011320.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Painted me a navigator, for all those times I want my marines to babysit a conscript who occasionally melts people.
>>
>>51714039
no. the rule very clearly says that they can infiltrate. its been through like 3 different books written like that and theyve had an entire edition to FAQ it and havent. its clear they intended for them to be able to infiltrate.

if somebody refuses to play RAW then ill just proxy them for alpha legion since alpha legions rules are basically just better all around anyway. :^)
>>
Do you use Consuls? Do they do good stuff?
I'm going to convert one of each but I want to know how useful they are in case I ever want to use one
>>
>>51714037
This is something I do when I know he's at the shop, otherwise it's shite.

IF RoW called hammerfell strike force, let's you deep strike any infantry units for 15 points a squad. Against anything else your dudes will just get the shit shot out of them, even with the shroud and blind they receive upon getting on the board.

Dropping half your army along the back lines and wrecking artillery seems to be the sole reason to take the rite of war.
>>
>>51714359
They do well if they syngergize with your army or you need a cheap lord of war. Some pay for themselves.
>>
>>51713920
The old Epic Warlords were a little underscale, and worked out to 65-70’ high. By “a little underscale” I mean that they probably should’ve been a third bigger, which puts them around 100’. So 80’ for the Reaver is entirely reasonable. Assume 12-14 feet per floor in a typical building.
>>
>>51714814
That's still smaller than the washington monument.
>>
What are the stats for the Laser destroyer array? The book only has the laser destroyer (which goes on the Spartan).
>>
>>51714201
It's basically the Tactical Strike 40k rules with HH-specific missions and campaign stuff.
>>
>>51715415
Next time the Washington Monument conquers a world, you can tell the Mechanicum they need something bigger.
>>
>>51715421
Str 10 ap 1 ordanence 1 off the top of my head, don't quote me.
>>
>>51715495
It's just that for that machines advertised as skyscraper sized world burners, they aren't particularly skyscraper sized.
>>
>>51715421
AP1 and and either 36" or 48", which ever the reg isn't
>>
File: Capture.jpg (32KB, 693x196px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
32KB, 693x196px
>>51715421
Kind of underwhelming.
>>
>>51715421
48'' Str 9 AP 1 ordance 1 twin-linked

That FW didn't add that stat-line to the new armylist book when people already complained about its absense in the old book is hilarious. Incompetent much huh
>>
File: prospero_tourism02.jpg (54KB, 577x640px) Image search: [Google]
prospero_tourism02.jpg
54KB, 577x640px
>Inferno confirmed released this week
>costs a whopping 80 pounds
>when it has tons of editing errors and tourism in Prospero

You sure get your money's worth, kek
>>
>>51708698
I've played Sons of Horus a lot, I'd say Maloghurst is basically a must take. Beyond that do whatever you please. I'm a fan of Sacrificial Offering personally, but I have guard models I can use as the militia so it's less burdensome. Skip Pride of the Legion - Mal gives you Vets as troops (which you want anyway) and Justaerin are generally better than Legion Terminators. You can't go wrong with The Long March.
>>
>>51715835
hue
>>
>>51715835

Where does it say that it's 80 Pounds?

Also is it going on full sale this weekend, or just pre-orders? This is very, very important. I need to know if I will be able to get my hands on it before the Month is up.
>>
So I thought up until this point buying a classic car was a great idea
>It's a 1967 Bel Air sedan
>Rad lines, comfy af
>Crate 350 swap planned, so its cheap (lol), but light (lmao) car so it gets decent (double lol) mileage
>Nobody would want to steal it, the paint looks like shit

SIX MONTHS, $25,000 LATER ($10,000 over budget)

>STILL SKANKY INTERIOR
>STILL SHITTY MILEAGE (15)
>STILL SHITTY PAINT
>SMELLS LIKE EXHAUST ALL THE TIME
>HAS RANDOM WOBBLES WHEN DRIVING
>MIRRORS DON'T LAST 10 MILES WITHOUT FALLING OUT OF LINE
>COSTS MORE THAN A 2012 CAMARO 2SS
>IT WAS IN CAR PURGATORY FOR SIX MONTH FOR A JOB THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIX WEEKS
>STILL NOT DONE, NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER $4,000 TO MAKE IT FUCKING WORTH THE MONEY IT IS NOW.

So /hhg/, what would you do with $25,000?
>>
>>51715921
pay a few months' rent
>>
>>51715561
Fair enough. I guess they count if you use the original definition of skyscrapers (going back to the late 1800s) but not anymore. In game terms that's a good thing because it means cover still matters. It's also a little more physically plausible.

>>51715847
Doesn't Pride of the Legion let you take your legion-specific terminators as troops too?
>>
>>51715921
Invest $20,000 worth of stocks in GW and use the rest to buy 3xLeviathans+Drop Pods and all the Black Books and save the rest to have a complete titan legion once Titanicus drops.
>>
>>51715835
>good luck getting FW to answer any of your questions

I still don't know how to treat Daemon allies with my WB, because I don't have Kor Phaeron nor the Dark Brethren RoW.
>>
>>51715956
>Doesn't Pride of the Legion let you take your legion-specific terminators as troops too?

If they are an Elite choice then yes.
>>
>>51715921
Buy a 5-10 year old Miata, supercharge it, new suspension, etc.

Or hire someone to paint my ridiculous Epic-scale backlog before the new titans come out.
>>
>>51715905
Warhammer community site from GW. And ofc it's pre-orders first, they never go straight to release.
>>
dubs says what legion I buy/model/paint after I sell the Fossil Destroyer

can't be yiffs
>>
>>51716001

The point is whether I can get it before the month is over. If so, then good things will happen. If not, well then I'm sorry.
>>
>>51715921
>So /hhg/, what would you do with $25,000?
bet it on le pen winning
>>
>>51716006
Secutarii.

Or White Scars, we need more zoom-zoom.
>>
>>51716006
World Eaters
>>
>>51716022
FUCK the first one.
WS is it
>>
>>51716020
That's not a bet, that's just sound investment.
>>
>>51716022
>>51716053
If I had any money left I would go buy lotto tickets
>>
>>51716073
buying a jetbike spam WS list will probably cost you $25k so it works out nicely
>>
>>51715921
Buy an army. I dunno which, just a roughly 4K point army with enough toys to play around with ZM/2,500/3,000, since that's the most common game sizes where I'm at.

I guess that'll eat about 2,000 dollars tops, so I guess pay rent? Savings? Extra money is sort of a foreign concept after general needs and plastic/resin cocaine
>>
>>51716015
Well copies will probably be send out somewhere next week, and after that it depends on the quality of the deliverycompany(s) inbetween on how long it takes. So could arrive this month, but when unlucky could be a few months before your copy drops on your doormat.
>>
>>51716121
Nah fuck that, I went the whole "Hurr durr I should buy GM products for a GM car, it'll all fit together!' with the car.
NOPE.
So it's gonna be Chinacast. Got a spartan for like $65 shipped and everything was perfect.
So more like $16,000

>>51716145
I already have like 400 yiffs. no pic, no trip. But hi-AWG
>>
>>51716172

Unlucky is unlucky for everyone. If this book can get here before the end of February, then the issues for scans will be over.
>>
>>51716177
>So it's gonna be Chinacast.
good.
>>
>>51715921
>thinks 15mpg on a crate 350 in city driving is shitty

guess how i know that you don't know fuck all about cars
>>
>>51716349
It's actually pretty okay, but it was professionally tuned, and I had a 700r4 for it, but the damn thing was ruined and I didn't know it when I bought it.
So I wasted $1,900 to settle for a th350.
>>
>>51715956
Yeah but you can use Vets w/ Mal to fill your compulsory slots, and SoH Vets are *good*. That frees you up to take a better RoW.
>>
>>51716349
It also isn't in city.
In city is about 10 mpg.
15 is me cruising at 65 for a full tank.

I wasn't bitching at the car, it's rad for what it is,but that it wasn't what I set it out to be for what I set it out to cost.
>>
kind of like Inferno
>>
Do these threads not like to rate list anymore?
>>
>>51716177
just get whatever it is professionally assembled/painted
>>
>>51716506
You have to find one where the bandwagoning went in a positive direction. If being helpful is the 'cool thing to do' that thread you'll be fine.
>>
File: pewter within.jpg (229KB, 539x676px) Image search: [Google]
pewter within.jpg
229KB, 539x676px
Got all the glue off him, but it looks like younger me ravaged this poor guy's lower torso. I was hoping to turn him into a DG Siege Breaker or something. Any ideas for something I could use to cover up that mutilated midriff? Pouches and grenades, maybe.
>>
>>51716670
Snip the abdominal plate from a MkIII torso and put it on him?
>>
>>51716670
the segmented armour from the ork nobz kit is a good fit for that, honestly
>>
>>51716670
The tassles that come with the MkIV tactical kit would go a long way to help with it.
>>
>>51715953
Bro where do you live if that's a couple months rent (couple being 2-3)
>>
>>51716707
>>51716670
This. Some kind of segmented dangly bit, like the tyrant loinflags but more subtle
>>
>>51713085
> runs cheesy lists
> first to use iron fire
> Only stopped to use Ass can spam
Let me guess. None of his models are painted. Or if they are, they look like ass
>>
>>51716177
Use the rest to buy a genuine Warlord Titan
>>
Has anybody played against Thousand Sons yet? I found them to be pretty underwhelming aside from the Sekhmet. Most psychic powers are pretty bad. I haven't tried against Magnus so maybe he changes things but my friend took a ML3 Praetor with the Raptora Arcana and it was really bad.
>>
>>51717095
Without a more detailed description about what units he had and on which psychic disciplines he rolled, it's hard to tell if your opponent is just bad or if it's something else.

Raptora on Praetor does seem like a sub-par choice, because compusory troops need to pick the same cult and the raptora buff is a waste on them.
>>
>>51717095
I've played a game with them and got some good results. Took a Pavoni ML3 praetor, some Sekhmets, and a squad of ML1 Corvidae sniper vets with Ahriman with them.
>>
>>51716177
>Nah fuck that, I went the whole "Hurr durr I should buy GM products for a GM car, it'll all fit together!' with the car.

That makes no sense, because unlike miniatures, automobile aftermarket parts have better fit and finish if you buy them either OEM or authentic JDM/USDM. If you buy knockoff Chinese parts, they can work but their fit and finish is so bad it often costs more money to reshape and sand it down and fix the finish than it does to just buy the authentic part.

eBay carbon fiber spoilers are a good example. You could get a $300 one from eBay but it'll fit like shit. The Japanese ones cost a whopping $2,000 but they fit perfectly.
>>
>>51717156

How useful are the snipers? I'm on the fence about getting sniper scouts, since it seems they would only be really useful backup up a group thats coming from reserve or in low point count games.
>>
>>51717149
His list was something like:

Court of the Crimson King
ML3 Praetor - Raptora (rolled 2,3, and 5)
20 Tac Marines <- this is where the Praetor went
7 Sekhmet - Raptora (Levitation/Molten Beam)
7 Sekhmet - Raptora (Levitation/Molten Beam)
2x 10 Vets w/ Combi-Weapons & Marksmen
Sicaran Venator
Javelin

We didn't have the red book so we rolled our missions out of the BRB and got relic and the lengthwise deployment.

I took:

Maloghurst - The Long March
3x 10 Vets with Combi-Meltas
2x Contemptor-Mortis with Kheres Assault Cannons
Contemptor with Power Fist and Multi-Melta
3x Laser Destroyer Rapiers

I mostly deployed on one side to dodge the Sicaran and force him to deploy his Sekhmet and Outflank units close enough to the board edges so that I could get him with Melta weapons once my Vets came on the board.

Honestly it probably was more play style than anything, he could've just walked the relic off the board after deep striking the Sekhmet but he wanted to ball hard on my Contemptors (I lined them up for Molten Beam so that he'd be tempted to go for kills instead of points).
>>
>>51717231
The sniper/marksman vets were pretty useful with rerolling to hit and wound. I assume the special scouts would be good as well if not slightly better due to the ignores cover also melta and/or plasma infiltrating
>>
>>51717263
Sounds like bad tactics lol. Molten beam is best against infantry, because i't's still just a single meltagun hit on a vehicle ... which does nothing unless you roll explodes.

Also did he really roll on Telekinesis with his Praetor ? That's ... horrible. It's considered one of the worst psychic disciples to roll on for a reason, only 1 or 2 good powers in there. Compare that to Biomancy where really only Haemorrage sucks for example.
>>
>>51717263

>essentially fielded 40 tacs

I feel like this is a wasted opportunity for that formation. The whole point of the formation is to shit termies and characters all over your enemy, tactical objectives be damned. Can't exactly do that with just two Sekhmet. Might as well have just used PotL.
>>
Do transports bought for Command Squad count towards the 1 HQ per 1,000pts. rule? Rulebook says that Dedicated Transports adopt the role of the unit they were bought for, so a Rhino for a tactical squad would be considered Troops and a Rhino for a veteran squad would be considered Elite. So a command squads Rhino or a land raider would be HQ and it is a unit on its own.

So does a praetor with a command squad and a dedicated transport count as 3 HQ units and would be enough for up to 3,000pts.?
>>
>>51717379

I think he wanted the dice buff that comes from rolling for powers from the same arcana.
>>
>>51717429
That doesn't make useless psychic powers any more usefull though.

But it's good to see TS are not a 'win games even when braindead' army.
>>
>>51708916
What legion would Maximus be in?
>>
>>51717353

Only 1 or 2 plasma/melta max. Can't exactly turn the tide of a battle, can it?
>>
>>51717424
no and command squads wouldnt count ether
>>
>>51717508
The rule says "HQ unit".
>>
>>51717508

Command squads don't count if you deploy them as an HQ retinue, I think. (I mean who the fuck would field a command squad by itself?)
>>
>>51717424

Who the fuck doesn't know this basic ass shit?
>>
>>51717424
Sometimes a unit entry will include a transport option, allowing a vehicle to be
selected together with the unit. These Dedicated Transports do not use up a
slot on the force organisation chart, but count as having the same role as the
unit they were bought for all other rules purposes.

>These Dedicated Transports do not use up a
slot on the force organisation chart

>THESE DEDICATED TRANSPORTS DO NOT USE UP A SLOT ON THE FORCE ORGANISATION CHART

>THESE DEDICATED TRANSPORTS DO NOT USE UP A SLOT ON THE FORCE ORGANISATION CHART

>>
File: read nigga read.png (48KB, 1231x274px) Image search: [Google]
read nigga read.png
48KB, 1231x274px
>>51717424
>Rulebook says
rulebook says a few things
>>
>>51717424
>So does a praetor with a command squad and a dedicated transport count as 3 HQ units and would be enough for up to 3,000pts.?
I can smell the wolf from the other side of my monitor.
Not only do Dedicated Transports "do not use up a slot on the force organisation chart", but neither do Command Squads themselves since they "take up a single Force Organisation chart with that Praetor", so no, your Praetor and three dudes inside a Rhino don't quite count as the three HQ needed to lead an army of 3999pts.

However, the Inferno bit says you must include "HQ units" rather than to fill a FOC HQ slot, so enjoy your typo.
>>
why are yiff fags freaking out about having to take 3 HQ choices when the most cost effective unit in their whole list is the yiff priest? is it some dumb B&C meme or something
>>
>>51717579
>>51717580
The rule doesn't say anything about needing to fill a HQ slot, just "HQ unit".

>>51717582
Ever thought that I might be worried about taking too many HQs? Lets say I'm playing a 5,000pts. game. That's 5 HQ units I need. So I'll take a praetor, command squad, transport and, say, two priests and two centurions. That's 5 HQ slots used right there. But if it's "unit," I've just cheated and taken 2 HQ too many.
>>
>>51717424
>>51717580

Reading comprehension is too hard. I yearn for the day where Forgeworld releases the equivalent of Amazon's Alexa in a servo skull, and its only purpose is to tell you the rules and how to play the game.
>>
>>51717478
World Eaters

He was a highly decorated Praetor all throughout the early years of the Crusade. He was personally decorated for heroism and grand conquests by the Emperor Himself. He was accounted as a noble, commanding leader of men, respected throughout the Legions.
Then they found Angron.
>>
It's cool that Inferno is like a hundred bucks and also riddled with typos and errors that even a week of open public testing would fix.
>>
>>51717668

You clearly do not know how the game works at all.
>>
>>51717668
Anything bigger than 3kpts is Apocalypse anon, you throw the rules out the window and play what you want and can afford in game points.
>>
>>51717718

Do Brits not care about spellchecking?
>>
>>51717740
They don't care about their teeth, why should they care about spelling?
>>
File: Dream army.jpg (1014KB, 1273x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Dream army.jpg
1014KB, 1273x1728px
Consul List of conversion planning because I like thinking about it and have an obsessive personality
Librarian - it's Thousand Sons, they're all psykers already
Master of Signals - Mk II
Champion - Mk IV
Forge Lord - MK III
Primus Medicae - I don't know, indomitus armor?
Siege Breaker - Mk III
Legion Chaplain - Mk II
Legion Vigilator - why on earth would I give him scout armor? Mk IV
Mortitat - Mk IV
Praevian - Mk III
Delegatus - Mk IV
Herald - I don't want to make a standard
>>
>>51717668
>Lets say I'm playing a 5,000pts. game
Isn't that sort of past the limit where the Force Organization charts with a z :^) begin to lose sense?
I guess it would indeed limit your army to below 4k pts, while some of the smaller legiones astartes, namely the TS, would be able to bring more people than you.
I'm not sure, isn't there an Apocalypse FOC that can be used ion that situation?
>>
>>51717733
>"A points total of around 1,750-3,500 points per player is an ideal game size for use with the Battles in the Age of Darkness rules"
-LAAODAL, pg. 8
>>
>>51717781
>isn't there an Apocalypse FOC that can be used ion that situation?

Apocalypse is unbound, you bring whatever the fuck you want and abide only to any formation you may take.
>>
>>51717781

You're acting like its hard to reach 5k points with a single crusade army org list. Three land raider squadrons is like 1500 points. Most batreps I've seen around this point total has both sides fielding two super heavies.
>>
>>51717668
If it would really be HQ unit then it would almost be impossible to field a legal SW list. Because when an IC joins a unit, he "counts as part of that unit for all rules intends and purposes"

Meaning your army would become illigal the instant your Praetor or whatever is deployed inside any unit but a command squad.

For this reason I think we should assume that FW meant that you have to fill one HQ slot for every 1000 points.

>>51717718
I was actually considering to buy Inferno rather than wait for pics of the whole thing, because I'd really like to read the TS fluff. But there is no way I'm paying 80 pounds for a book riddled with so many errors. Some of which might, but probably are never going to be fixed/explained after 2-5 years.
>>
>>51717846
I got 6,5000pts. and they all fit into the FOC.
>>
>>51717859
With that logic your army become illegal the moment you got less than 2 compulsory Troop choices and 1 compulsory HQ choice. So just target those units and win by default.
>>
>>51717859
>But there is no way I'm paying 80 pounds for a book riddled with so many errors. Some of which might, but probably are never going to be fixed/explained after 2-5 years.

I'm really really upset about this, because I was planning on doing a bulk purchase of all 7 available HH books + red book + some units to go with free shipping. I can accept a few typos, as is standard with most GW publications these days.

But it can't be that bad, can it???
>>
File: FW's quality redaction.png (676KB, 827x621px) Image search: [Google]
FW's quality redaction.png
676KB, 827x621px
>>51717908
It's not THAT bad, but it is indeed quite annoying.
You know what, yeah, it is bad.
>>
>>51717899

Are you really comparing force organization rules to live gameplay rules?
>>
>>51717908
its that bad
>>
>>51717775
>tfw chinaman doesnt have the FW ironclads
>>
File: sa_derprules.png (321KB, 414x526px) Image search: [Google]
sa_derprules.png
321KB, 414x526px
>>51717921
>Just one example of one of the many derps of Imperialis armylist
>>
>>51717922
I'm not the one who decided that an army loses an HQ unit when it joins a squad.
>>
>>51718003

If you literally interpret it that way, it would be impossible to attach a retinue to your HQ unit at the start of the game because then it would cease to be an HQ unit. That was the point of the argument. Interpret the spirit of the law instead of strictly the letter of the law.

If you have this much difficulty with reading comprehension, you're better off sticking to video games.
>>
>>51718033
0/10 for reading comprehension.
>>
File: Conqueror_by_joazzz2.jpg (465KB, 689x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Conqueror_by_joazzz2.jpg
465KB, 689x1022px
>>51717647
>yiff priest
Kek, I'm using that name now. But only for those hypocrite witchminds, "Speaker of the Dead" is a title I've always liked, and Chaplains are to me the ideal of the Space Marine.

I'm reading the SW rules.
So they get a shitton of PE, even a fucking legion-exclusive WT table...and their detrimental rule is "Must Sweep Advance"?
No, FW, that's not a real disadvantage! Poor DA.

>>51717712
>He was a highly decorated Praetor all throughout the early years of the Crusade. He was personally decorated for heroism and grand conquests by the Emperor Himself. He was accounted as a noble, commanding leader of men, respected throughout the Legions.
>Then they found Angron.
Sometimes I forget the Horus Heresy is a tragedy.
For everyone involved in it, really.
>>
>>51718176
>"Must Sweep Advance"?

You should read the BA rules. FW really likes giving all kinds of random things that 'drawback' for some reason, even though nobody has found a reason you would not want to sweeping advance.
>>
>>51717846
>Three land raider squadrons is like 1500 points
Eh, three Leviathan squadrons is 3000pts which is more than several armies even before taking Troops into account, but that you can do it doesn't quite mean you should.
>>
File: venerable intensifies.gif (831KB, 295x400px) Image search: [Google]
venerable intensifies.gif
831KB, 295x400px
Damolces command rhino+Deepstriking Sekhmet Terminators dropping molten beam and shit on everyone
Yes or no
>>
File: magnus comes from the warp.jpg (150KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
magnus comes from the warp.jpg
150KB, 674x960px
>>51718245
Well I can't really stop you, anon, now can I?
Stepping out of the warp wielding the aetherflames does sound awesome, won't deny that.
>>
>>51718176
>>51718225
>"Must Sweep Advance"
You actually have no choice, you automatically attempt to sweep.

Someone needs to tell FW this.
>>
>>51718263
Well the question isn't "is it fun" so much as it is "aren't I cheese enough already?"
>>
>>51718245
Don't forget levitation to deepstrike them outside augery range and levitate in past interceptor timing.
>>
>>51718176
>>51718225
>>51718299
Actually let me clarify, the BRB doesn't give you a choice about sweeps. It's just a standard step you take.

The ONLY possible way that could be a drawback is in some of the raid missions where destroyed units respawn.
>>
>>51718176

Why didn't they just pull those off?

Would he die?
>>
File: Bunny ears.png (148KB, 309x367px) Image search: [Google]
Bunny ears.png
148KB, 309x367px
>>51718304
Even if you didn't do that, Sekhmets are cheesy already.
Srsly, they get two wounds but literal-cyborg termies Gorgons don't?
>>51718318
Not to mention they can shoot twice. One in the psychic phase and another time in the actual shooting phase, with their asphyx ammo.
Imagine if they also had that silly TS 40k Bunny-ear rocket launcher!
The IW would swap their iron for salt.
>>
File: bane_eater_by_joazzz2.jpg (379KB, 858x596px) Image search: [Google]
bane_eater_by_joazzz2.jpg
379KB, 858x596px
>>51718402
IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL
>>
>>51718410
The also get combi-weapons. So long as you aren't facing cheesy admech lists that have army wide regula rinterceptor you will always be able to DS, levitate, shoot lasers, and plasma to murderize things.
>>
>>51718430

You're a big primarch.
>>
File: Barrabas Dantioch.jpg (42KB, 306x459px) Image search: [Google]
Barrabas Dantioch.jpg
42KB, 306x459px
>>51718454
For (You)
>>
>>51718483

Was rebelling against the Emperor part of your plan?
>>
Is there any reason to take a Herald over a Delegatus or Praetor as your MotL? I love the idea of the unit (mostly because I love the idea of modelling a dude carrying a fuckhueg banner), but I'm trying to justify it in my list, since I keep falling back to trying to make a beatstick praetor who I honestly don't like the idea of running.
Beatstick praetor just... doesn't sound fun to me
>>
>>51718410
>>51718451

I don't think 2W is cheesy. I do think +5 combi weapon upgrade is cheesy. I also don't give a fuck, because now I get to do what I always wanted to do as a kid - spam termies and laugh hysterically as I watch termies mow everyone down.
>>
File: Maloghurst_Remembrancer_Sketch.png (2MB, 1136x857px) Image search: [Google]
Maloghurst_Remembrancer_Sketch.png
2MB, 1136x857px
>>51718501
Of courshe.
Magos Pavel refused the Warmaster's offer in favour of Malcador's. We had to find out what he told (You).
>>
>>51718550
I never said it was cheesy, just beware of admech armies that are cheesy.
>>
>>51718176
To be fair, their real disadvantage is the limitations on compulsory units. I can imagine SW being a bitch to play in smaller games what with needing a non-consul Centurion before you can even take a Delegatus. The same goes for the SC's.

Also there's the lesser drawback that if you put any of your ICs in with the Grey Slayers the benefits of their special rule shuts down.
>>
>>51718546
What Legion do you play?

DA Herald is pretty much worthless for example.
>>
>>51718599

Admech is always terrifying in HH.
>>
File: murder.png (316KB, 380x383px) Image search: [Google]
murder.png
316KB, 380x383px
>>51718649
Ah, well thanks for using my Legion as the example
>>
>>51718623
Indeed.
>>51718665
fucking kek
>>
>>51718402
Angron's butchers nails removed and replaced parts of his brain and spinal cord. And as it turns out you really need all that in order to live. Removing his butchers nails would have been like removing half his brain and spinal cord and expecting him not to be a vegtable or die
>>
>>51718699
He is a primarch though, fuck that shit. I expect a demi god to be able to heal those kinds of wounds.

Fulgrim took a spike round to the BRAIN and survived. Fuckers.
>>
>>51718749
Wasn't Fulgrim possessed, though?
>>
>>51718749
Fulgrim didn't do that, the spike-bullet somehow deflected off his skull. Everybody gets really upset about it because if he hadn't just happend to turn his head a little, it would have gone through and he would have died.

And looking at Ferrus as an example, the brain does seem to be one of the things even Primarchs need in order to stay alive. Except Vulkan ofcourse. Stupid Kyme fanwank retconn ...
>>
File: Nikona Sharrowkin.jpg (165KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
Nikona Sharrowkin.jpg
165KB, 900x950px
>>51718749
Angron is constantly dying, anon.
In fact, I don't know why his gladiator brothers survived as long as they did, considering they have no healing factor whatsoever.
It's a bit inconsisten, though.
Angron has had his face split open in the past and it healed (he's never bothered with a helmet)...but he wears replacement iron teeth, presumably because his body is busy healing the nails. IDK.
>>51718806
Nykona is such a fucking wanky sue.
>>
>>51718776
Not at the time, the plot of that particular novel was the not Fulgrim fuck boy was actually Fulgrim, the fuck boy, the whole time. Having overpowered the demon a long time ago.

>>51718806
Ferrus was decapitated, not lobotomized.

Angrons nails are a stupid mcguffin to ensure his fall to chaos. I find it hard to believe that the Emperor would be entirely incapable of finding a way to heal Angron.

The premise of the nails hijacking the brain and forcing Angron into rage mode is straight forward enough of a plot device.

Explaining away the plethora of technologies available to the Emperor as being incapable of being able to remove the nails is unreasonable.

At the very least, these advanced dark age of technology nails need some kind of foot note as to what they actually do to make the mcguffin acceptable.
>>
>>51718871
>Nykona is such a fucking wanky sue.
yeah, but he was also super enjoyable
>>
>>51718886

>Angrons nails are a stupid mcguffin to ensure his fall to chaos. I find it hard to believe that the Emperor would be entirely incapable of finding a way to heal Angron.

To be quite frank, Big E should have [REDACTED] Angron's ass. Angron was just a mad dog, and everyone knew it. He had no place in the future that Big E was building. Angron would have never been content prowling the great beyond.
>>
>>51718871
Lets not forget the time he was partially crushed by a Warhound Titan.

It's whatever though, I don't have a problem with Angron dying ect ect, but for it to be tragic or have merit the plot device should at least have the justice done to it to really make the character the Red Angel.
>>
>>51718910
The Emperor approached the Primarchs as well as the Legions as if they where tools for the war. He didn't really attempt to parent them, gave them the tools they requested and then expected them to conquer the galaxy. I imagine without the influence of external culture forced upon them by the warp gods dispersing them across the galaxy. They would have turned out to be miniature Emperors in their own right, with their own specializations being something they developed from the time of their inception rather than as a byproduct of mortal tampering.
>>
Three Pallas or or a jetstode unit with corvae pulsers?

255 vs 250

One gets jink+machine spirit+Av12FS, the other gets 3d3 lascannon shots and 9 S6 ap3 shots on three 2W T6 2+ jetbikes with power lances.

The Bikes hit harder, but the speeders always shoot at full BS and are a bit tougher.
>>
>>51718909
>he was also super enjoyable

Maybe if you have shit taste.
>>
TEN THOUSAND POIIIIINTSSS

>Praetor
>terminator armor, paragon blade, digital lasers, iron halo, MB-185

>Command Squad
>1 extra chosen, tartaros terminator Armour, 3x power fists, 1x chainfist-175

>Caster of Runes
>Rune Armor-135
>Caster of Runes
>Rune Armor-135
>Caster of Runes
>Rune Armor-135
>Caster of Runes
>Rune Armor-135
>Caster of Runes
>Rune Armor-135

>Varagyr Wold Guard Terminators
>270
>270
>270
>270
>270

>Legion Dreadnought Talon
>3x, MM- 390
>Legion Dreadnought Talon
>2x, MM- 260

>Apothecarion Detatchment
>3x-135
>3x-135
>3x-135
>AA-45

>Grey Slayers
>20x, Shields, 4x PF, Huscarl w/ MB, FW, Vexilla -355
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers
>Grey Slayers

>Legion Tactical Support Squad
>Plasmaguns-175
>Plasmaguns-175
>Plasmaguns-175
>Plasmaguns-175
>Plasmaguns-175
>Flamers-100
>Flamers-100
>Flamers-100
>Flamers-100
>Flamers-100

1/2
>>
So...Who has the best First Captain in all the Legions?
>>
>>51719068
2/2
>Legion Heavy Support Squad
>Flamers-135
>Flamers-135
>Flamers-135
>Flamers-135
>Flamers-135

>Legion Predator Strike Squadron
>3x, Lascannons- 345
>3x, Heavy Bolters-285
>3x, Heavy Flamers-285

This is just fucking because I felt like making some bullshit space wolves list.
I know it sucks.
I know it won't get anything done.
I just want to see it on the field.
>>
>>51719072

Imperial Fists, obviously.
>>
File: 1486670333773.jpg (101KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486670333773.jpg
101KB, 466x350px
>>51719072
Can we count Tovarishch Valdor?
>>
>>51718588

Well congratulations, you've got yourself a rebellion. Now what's the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>51718910
>Angron was just a mad dog,

And thats what he wanted, a mad dog with an exppiration date to butcher whole systems in his name. Angron may have been stunted but his legion was effective as entire systems surrendered or were butchered.

The war hounds were made for slaughtering planets, Angron simply perfected what the Emperor made the legion for.
>>
File: 1485051590612.png (297KB, 695x578px) Image search: [Google]
1485051590612.png
297KB, 695x578px
>>51719248
Overthrowing his Tyranny. With no shurvivorsh!
Also, new thread

>>51719298

>>51719298

>>51719298
>>
>>51712230
agrax then chaos blakc and some brown with sponge
>>
>>51718665
It's also my Legion, and a Herald was the sort of Consul I wanted most.

Imagine my disappointment when it arrived and its banner gave my dudes almost nothing and he couldn't have two-handed weapons to boot.
>>
>>51719068
Why no AEther-rune armor on your Praetor? Don't you want +1 wound?
>>
>>51710423
>>51710434

Any more?
>>
>>51719471
Is it thinned down? Looks like a really balanced coat, not pooled up at all
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.