[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 36

File: straightouttamemes.jpg (65KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
straightouttamemes.jpg
65KB, 846x846px
"THE MEMES, JACK!" Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

>Thread Question
Who's your favorite meme Commander and why?
>>
File: jonslap.gif (1015KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
jonslap.gif
1015KB, 200x150px
>>51707252

Holy shit what is this ass-mad mouth breathing retard going on about?

Different playgroups have different wants for the format and competition scales differently between them. Some groups may play like legacy singleton, and some may play like timmy Battlecruiser, and both are OK. What's ignorant is saying one is the """correct""" way to play edh and one is wrong.

Let the edh spikes play spikey and let the Johnnies and timmies play like they want likewise.
>>
>>51708015
Favorite meme commander is probably jin-gan augur man
>>
>>51708015
>Who's your favorite meme Commander and why?
Zedruu because when I pull her out, people are laughing.

But after I softlock them and combo out, they aren't laughing anymore.
>>
>>51708063
I like you and your taste. I put that hunchback in every deck that has blue
>>
>>51708063
Do you have a good list? I wanna see the memes!
>>
>>51708050
>Different playgroups have different wants for the format and competition scales differently between them.
your fun-hating tryhard decks forcibly raise the power level for everyone else (unless they kick you out, which they should)
you take all the variety out of the game to instead run stax, turn 3/4 combos and fill the rest of your deck with answers to everyone elses combos and stax
but in the end combos are combos and stax is stax so all you really do is run the same homogenized decks against each other for 3 turns until the winner is declared and then you try again
and you had to spend hundreds of dollars for your trouble
what's fun about that?
>>
>>51708015
Kaalia. She's easy to stop but i still like using her every once in a while cause she's my first commander that i spent money on.
>>
>>51708132
Hell yeah

>>51708137
It was my colorless eldrazi deck before (I tried all of them as generals except aeons torn) , I just kept running into the same fucking card draw issues every game, not even the kozis were enough.

So I made Jin gan the commander, and replaced 20 colorless lands with islands, and put in vedalken archmage.

The deck is fucking insane now, flashing in my 10 cmc commander between turn 4-5 completely fucks my opponents answers if he resolves and makes it around the table once (fat fucking chance). It plays like normal colorless eldrazi but I get to puke out SO MUCH more of my deck, it's insane.

For memes, I put eldrazi conscription on jingo late game
>>
>>51708147

Calm down man, I'm defending all levels of play.

Honestly, play however you want with the right playgroup, but please scale yourself down to a Timmy stompy deck if you're playing with randoms at your lgs and you can tell they're not playing combo.

If you're playing with obviously newer players, don't fucking play a tuned Combo deck to show off how big your dick is, pull out the meme decks and have fun.
>>
>>51708308
>play however you want with the right playgroup, but please scale yourself down to a Timmy stompy deck if you're playing with randoms at your lgs and you can tell they're not playing combo.
this i can agree with
im fine with people doing whatever they want with their private playgroup but i'd really prefer that public forums like lgs stay as places where creativity and jank can shine
but it seems to me like a lot of wankery around the game (especially in these threads) centers on these ridiculous, expensive, and homogeneous wins that attempt to destroy this, and its really just moving the format into the awful direction standard and modern went in
>>
>>51708050
>What's ignorant is saying there's one """correct""" way to play edh.

There is a correct way. It's been the philosophy since it's inception. The format is a social format and generally speaking legacy singleton supports that philosophy less easily than timmy battlecruiser.
>>
>>51708214
That sounds pretty fun honestly. Would you say that if I swapped 20 lands in this deck for islands and put in jin-jam, would it function?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/multi-track-ramping-with-brozilek

Because I never really get draw issues, but your way sounds like a lot of fun. Lastly, what are some good blue spells to run if I do swap?
>>
Is an izzet color deck as fun as it sounds?
>>
I threw together a Mono-Black Yahenni deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/13-02-17-Sbw-none/

Thoughts?
This is for Tiny Leaders
>>
File: bane_tom_hardy.jpg (7KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
bane_tom_hardy.jpg
7KB, 300x225px
>>51708764
But not for your opponents.
>>
>>51708410
That's just wrong. You can play just as socially with megacasul meta as with Doomsday or Hermit Druid meta.
Unless you're a woman, of course. They can't even talk and walk at the same time, let alone play and talk.
>>
>>51708539
I'd think so, make sure youhave a few rocks that tap for any color too (darksteel ingot, youknow) and 20 islands will be fine.

a few good blue spells would be:

Padeem, vedalken archmage, blue artificers that tap to add mana for artifacts only. Mystic remora , rhystic study.
>>
>>51708881
>You can play just as socially with megacasul meta as with Doomsday or Hermit Druid meta.
The barrier to entry for a doomsday meta is higher than a megacasul meta, so it is objectively less social.
>>
>>51708881
This gave me a chuckle
>>
>>51709023
Sure, but unless you're playing with autists, you'll probably get into some kind of agreement.
We usually split games in between vintage-tier combofags and everyone else. It works fairly well.
>>
>>51709235
>Sure, but unless you're playing with autists, you'll probably get into some kind of agreement.
you realize we're talking about mtg players don't you
>>
>>51708015
Angry Omnath featuring a haste enabler, primal surge, and 97 lands.
>>
>>51708971
I might just keep the cards I need for the jin-jan variation and swap them out whenever I see fit. Thanks for the help.
>>
File: i3E9XCK.jpg (103KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
i3E9XCK.jpg
103KB, 640x1136px
I just bought this at the walmart for MSRP.

Sit on it, or take the first offer over $60?
>>
Help me out, /edhg/.

I would like to build a deck that is:
- two-color
- with white
- not one of the popular, well known generals
- with an interesting Johnny general with an ability that can be built around in a specific way
- isn't just goodstuff.dec
>>
>>51709868
Don't sit on it. Either open and play, or sell now.
>>
>>51709901
For what reason?
>>
>>51709912
It isn't going up in value any time soon, and there are rumors about a new batch coming.

Even if it went up in value in the future, it would be years before it would be worth it to have it laying around.
>>
>>51709868
You have a ticking timebomb, my man. Dump it before it explodes. $60 is decent, but try to jew for $65 or even 70
>>
>>51709928
>>51709927
Honestly I wouldn't mind it sitting in a closet for a few years. Ideally I'd like to sell it. But, if I can't get any bites on it, I figure I got a good commander for waaay under value.
>>
>>51709966
>Honestly I wouldn't mind it sitting in a closet for a few years
The value of your currency would most likely go down in value because of inflation faster than the deck's value would increase on the secondary market, making it a bad long-term investment. Add to that the cost of storage, even if it's negligible.
>>
>>51709987
>one commander precon
>cost of storage
>literally have a 3bedroom house with just my wife and myself and 2 dogs
>>
>>51709996
You would be waiting several years to sell an item just to make a few dollars extra profit. Which isn't even guaranteed. None of the previous precons from C13 onwards have gained significant value over the years.
>>
>>51709996
Also, have some children.
>>
>>51709882
Lavinia flicker detain
Run etb tap or control effects with it
>>
>>51708015
>Who's your favorite meme Commander and why?
Mishra, because he's janky as fuck and my deck has no wincon
>>
File: bloodgift.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bloodgift.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
I wish demon tribal worked without all the typical tribal support
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
rate my deck? - http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/updated-xenagos-deck-d/
>>
>>51709882
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-10-16-tap-that-ass/
An anon posted this a few weeks ago when I asked about a Selvala deck. Really been wanting to make it with the addition of paradox engine
>>
>>51710325
>31 lands
>Only Sol Ring with CMC3< Ramp
>>
>>51710350
I was about to point out that the deck wins through Hurricane but it didn't had Glacial Chasm but then I remember that Selvala's ability also nets you life. Funny deck, you could also make everyone deck out too I think.
>>
>>51710399
so more mana sources?
>>
>>51710350
This is fucking dumb.
I love it.

Needs ranger of eos and avacyn's pilgrim
>>
>>51710441
You should at least have more green mana, as much of your early-game ramp either has G or GG
>>
File: iceberg edh.jpg (2MB, 1580x2238px) Image search: [Google]
iceberg edh.jpg
2MB, 1580x2238px
Where do you place, /EDH ?
>>
>>51710797
where does oviya pashiri fit on the list
>>
>>51709348
Yeah and I know I'm grasping straws, but maybe some normal people play it as well. Right? R-right?
>>
>>51710797
Sigarda
Grenzo
Sharruum
Jarad
Kruphix
Noyan Dar (It's more like Celestial Collnade turbo)

So where do I place?
>>
>>51710797
I've got a monoU Burn list with Reveka in mind I want to build someday so tier VIII?
>>
>>51710797
I'm on Kruphix so I'm a fucking beluga whale or whatever animal that is
>>
>>51710797
I'm tier 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8.
What does this mean?
>>
>>51710983
>>51711016
>>51711132

Average your scores
>>
>>51710797
have wort but been wanting to make noyan-dar when i get some flying manlands.

where would zada cantrip grinder be placed on this?
>>
>>51710797
Where do Riku and AVR Gisela place?
>>
File: 121434_200w.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
121434_200w.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
Anyone have a Queen Marchesa deck? All the lists I've seen seem to heavily lean into full on pillow fort but she seems she would be more fun/useful as super political.

Any spicy tech?
>>
>>51711321
Tier III

>>51710947
>>51711311
Tier IV
>>
>>51710797
Only one of my commanders is there, so I'm transcendent
>>
>>51710797
Where's Melek and Xenagos?
>>
>>51710797
I have combo/pillowfort Zedruu, am I ascendant enough?
>>
>>51708015
Hey Rule question:

If I cast a spell that gives all creatures -X/-X, then cast a creature myself. Is the new creature affected by the effect?
>>
>>51711620
No, it is not.
>>
>>51711620
>affected by the effect?
effected by the affect?
Er did I English that right the first time?
>>
>>51710797
>Kruphix, literally U/G goodstuff the commander
>tier VII
it's garbage
>>
>>51710797
>Only one of my decks is on the list

Guess I am a normal EDH player?
>>
>>51711635
Affect is the verb, effect is the noun
>>
>>51711620
Not unless you flashed it in.
>>
>>51710797
Tier III and Tier IV, which also accurately describe me in real life.
>>
File: landslandslands.jpg (446KB, 1872x445px) Image search: [Google]
landslandslands.jpg
446KB, 1872x445px
Rank these in order in which you'd cut them from your 3-color deck.

Obviously the City and the Confluence are the best ones, but what about the rest?
>>
I recently grabbed a copy of planechase anthology, what's the best way to build/use the included decks?
>>
>>51712100
Build Vela ninjas and/or Wanderer shenanigans.

Play with the single planar deck and have fun.
>>
>>51712088
Forbidden Orchard / Aether Hub (honestly can't decide which is worse)
Reflecting Pool
Exotic Orchard
Mana Confluence / City of Brass (If I'm running damage prevention effects, Mana Confluence goes first. If I'm running damage doublers, City of Brass does. But I probably wouldn't cut either of these.)
>>
>>51712120
yea, those are the obvious decks, only problem is I only started playing in M15 so I'm pretty ass at deckbuilding
>>
>>51712088
Unless you have energy support, cut Aetherhub

Exotic orchard is play style dependent. I almost always play in 4+ people games, so orchard almost always taps for any color.

Forbidden Orchard is great if you are doing group hug, or political games

Never used reflecting pool, doesn't seem that useful to me honestly.
>>
>>51708881
>You can play just as casually with...

Some groups can some can't. The emphasis on commander is the journey and not the end. When you have a spike-focused group that vision can more easily be blurred. I didn't say it was impossible just less likely.
>>
>>51712187
You might as well leave the decks as they are and have dank multiplayer games with you and our friends each piloting one of them. With the Planes.

It's not EDH, but it's very fun.
>>
>>51712088
forbidden orchard
aether hub
reflecting pool
exotic orchard
mana confluence
city of brass
>>
>>51712241
We did that but it didn't feel well balanced, the Aura and devour decks were leaps and bounds ahead of the other two.

Plus when it's just with my friends we all just play janky bullshit that plays off each other.
>>
Going to proxy a deck so I can introduce 3 of my friends to commander. I already have an Starks dragon tribal, an Alesha thats built as tokens and hatebears and a yasova borrow your stuff.

What commander is board oriented, not too complex, and fun? No budget cause ill be proxying.
>>
>>51712411
Starks should say atarka
>>
File: 1484132084475.jpg (36KB, 424x422px) Image search: [Google]
1484132084475.jpg
36KB, 424x422px
>>51710797
Mine isn't on there. And fuck your little school project, Anon.
>>
>>51712088
Trash tier unless you built around them:
Forbidden Orchard, Aether Hub

Decent tier but unreliable:
Exotic Orchard, Reflecting Pool

Great tier:
Mana Confluence, City of Ass
>>
>>51710350
Made this deck. Can confirm it is a lot of silly fun to parley 10 times in one turn. Consider adding an Aetherflux for an additional wincon.
>>
>>51712411
I hope you realize that Yasova is going to suck, especially against dragons
>>
>>51712596
>>51712141
>>Forbidden Orchard is bad

I've literally never had Forbidden Orchard come back and bite me in the ass. It's either been neutral by giving the tokens to some player who can't use them and they die in the crossfire, or helpful because I can give them to someone who uses them to attack a mutual opponent. Would definitely run over Exotic Orchard, which might not even tap for your colors.
>>
>>51710797
where does skeleton ship fit on this list
>>
>>51712576
guess that means your a edh hipster or ultra casul
>>
>>51712194
Well, short journey is a journey as well. Not everyone likes high power decks which end the games fast, but I do, I find it enjoyable to see all the possible ways to win, but obviously winning with the same way every game gets boring and the most important thing is resiliency anyway.
Still, I don't get the attitude that commander somehow must be a slog and attitude towards the format and deckbuilding needs to come from same mold for everyone.
Some people like to see which of their similar decks manages to win first through disruption, I like to play stax and strategies like that.
I dislike dumb combatting and beefsteaks and I solely built my Mogis that was somewhat watered down Hanna I have, but with hand destruction along with the wipes and creature hate.
>>
>>51712672
Its the only one with an infinite combo in it just to bring it up to closer to the level of the others. I'm going to change it to surrak once i get a kiki jiki, or maybe maelstrom wanderer.

My alesha deck has a stax package that I'm leaving out for now and is meant to be the competitive one
>>
>>51712411
Something with do with tokens maybe? Like krenko or elfzuri?
>>
>>51710797
Where is hidetsugu?
>>
>>51712770
>give it to anthems.dec such as Marath
>that 1/1 is actually a 4/4 flying deathtouch that taps for mana
>give it to ETBs.dec such as Newzuri or Purphoros
>they're now one step closer to going off
>give it to gravepact.dec, such as Meren
>free sac fodder is free value
>give it to spellslinging.dec, such as Mizzix
>he now has a chump blocker to stall for time ever so slightly until he goes off
>give it to anyone else when you have a voltron.dec in the pod, such as Rafiq
>he has to deal with chump blockers every turn so he's probably gonna focus you to get rid of that shit

It might be a meta thing, but that thing is useless where I play
>>
>>51710797

>only one of my commanders on the list
>Daretti
>tier 1

Where do Sen Triplets, Marrow-Gnawer, Ikra Shidiqi and Sidar Kondo place?
>>
>>51710797
Atraxa has me at tier one, but I don't know if hope of ghirapur, reyhan+thrasios, and/or bruna, fading would affect it.
>>
In light of the news that Amonkhet will bring full art foil Amonkhet basic lands as promo rewards for events (at least, possibly even has full art lands in the actual set), what's everyone's favourite basic lands?
>>
I want a commander that casts a fuck ton of 1~2 drop cantrips, be it for Storm or anything else. Don't care if its instants, sorceries, artifacts, creatures, I just want a fuck ton of cantrips. What's her name, /tg/?

Not Ink-Treader because my playgroup sucks like that.
>>
>>51710797
Pretty stupid. Names on the sides aren't creative, just simple insults. Mouth breathing retard is used twice. Might as well use the tier list that one guy from tappedout made cause there's no guideline on how they're ranked. Also, you're missing a lot of commanders
>>
File: 110835_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
110835_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
>>51713276
say no more senpai
>>
>>51713276
Noyan dar, talrand or zada
>>
File: gyZXE8e.jpg (13KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
gyZXE8e.jpg
13KB, 480x471px
>as my deck gets optimized, all the fun cards have to get cut
Every time.

I'm sure nobody will notice if I bring a 105-card deck, will they?
>>
>>51713276
Selvala's nice ass fits your description. >>51710350 she also has a fancy hat
If you want blue, there's mizzix and melek
>>
>>51713353
Simple. Have one deck that is rarely optimized cause it's your fun deck
>>
>>51713276
Mizzix is fun because your cantrips end up becoming 7 drops that you cast for 1 Blue or Red, but she will get removed at every opportunity.

>>51713313
This seems pretty neat, though.
>>
>>51710797
>Kokusho is actually on the list
Huh.

I definitely fall around tier 4 apparently, I also have a Kozilek deck. Where does Hanna go on that?
>>
>>51710797
What does a Chisei deck even want to do? Crack open Dark Depths faster?
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
>>51710797
Where do I fit?
>>
>>51710797
>Melek, Bruna, Darien

Am I tier 1 or 2?
>>
>>51713584
in merin
>>
Does something like Vampire Hexmage drop commander damage?

Because there's 3 Atraxa players at our LGS and we have to either hold all of our spot removal for them or we all just lose eventually to flying commander bullshit.
>>
>>51713276
Witch-Maw :^)
>>
>>51713755
If your playgroup has problems dealing with a 4/4 flyer, the commander damage is not the issue here.
>>
>>51713755
No. Commander damage is not counters. Even then, she only targets a permanent. A player is not a permanent.
>>
>>51713932
Its 4/4 when she drops. Then its 8/8 after moving counters onto her and with Hardened Scales/Doubling Season effects.
>>51713937
Right, but by the time everyone else is nice and situated on the board, Atraxa is fucking huge and unblockable giving herself a metric fuck ton of counters.
>>
>>51712794
Elder god tier, congratulations.
>>
>>51710797
Where does Halfdane fit?
>>
File: 1323848992339.jpg (165KB, 375x550px) Image search: [Google]
1323848992339.jpg
165KB, 375x550px
>planned to buy some stuff for a couple of decks with my tax return and save the rest
>car needs tons of brake work so bye-bye tax return
>>
>>51713276
Rashmi.
>>
>>51710797
Godo bro for life, nigga

Where's Slobad tho
>>
>>51710797
ENORMOUS FUCKING SHITPOST
>>
>>51714196
Tbqh famalamadingdong, if you're getting a tax return you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>51714013
Well there's thief of blood and aether snap if you have access to black
>>
>playing Mayael
>set off infinite mana combo with Umbral Mantle
>infinitely tap and untap Mayael to play every creature with power 5+ from my deck.
>give them all haste
>use Temur Sabretooth to infinitely loop Genesis Hydra to play every creature I missed
>mfw the guy didn't scoop until I said, "Flying"

what a trooper. need more ways to set off that combo other than Umbral Mantle or budget Naya artifact tutors. The infinite mana combo makes the deck so much more useful.

i use my enlightened in Breya and I don't want to move it.
>>
I'm building my first token deck. How many token producers is enough?
>>
>>51714411
commander?
>>
>>51708050
I swear that guy you replied to must be the guy who was complining about Serra.
Tried his hardest to say it should be banned but when people shruged and said "nah, thats retarded" he must of got mad and wrote that little speel.
>getting mad over the imencity of EDH
Crazy combos, unfathonable strats and secret tech shinanigans.
Ive seen powerful stax deck completely shut down by a hope of griphor voltron.
Ive seen brutal $800+ control decks shot away by budget golbin agro but then lose to the guy playing b r a i d s. The free shit one.
IVE SEEN SKELETON SHIP BEAT NARSET.
And thats fucking cool, there will never be a dominate deck in my play group because of the constant flux of decks trying to counter each other and then breaking out fun decks when we get sick.
If a stx deck happens to be particually hard to handle you can bet your ass it wont happen twice.
Although we do have the power of: we fucking proxy so much, we have a few legit decks each but oh man once you stop giving a fuck it's awesome
>>
>>51714356
Should I make all my money under the table?
>>
>>51712806
And like I said some people can go into a doomsday meta with that mindset, others see that meta and think it another competitive format to go into primarily focused on the end result (winning) rather than the journey. High powered metas tempt people that way because the variety of ways to win is limited, decks are more linear, so the focus on the novelty of boardstates or different zany interactions is lost. This is even further diminished by some LGS metas that do tournaments (even worse with prize support) and reinforce the mindset of winning, not playing.

Again, for the fourth time, people in a high powered meta CAN go into games with the intended mindset meant for EDH. I would assert however that they are statistically less likely to do so due to the aforementioned reasons.
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (108KB, 900x492px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
108KB, 900x492px
>>51708015
This frog, because I wanted to play Golgari, while ironically be a meme.
>>
>>51714429
Vela, the Night-Clad. I know she's not a traditional token commander. I have a bunch of token producers sitting in front of me, and I'm like 40 cards over where I need to be. How many producers do I need and how many of the other effects?
>>
>>51714518
No, but you should be taking exceptions and/or not taking exceptions so that you gave the government exactly the account you owe and you don't get a return. If you're getting a return that means you paid too much in taxes, so you need to do some adjustments.
>>
>>51710797
I do have an Atraxa, OG Avacyn and Kruphix.

Do I rank as all of those 3 or just tier 6?
>>
>>51714701
I thought exceptions can only be done by businesses, organizations, and/or adding a dependent
>>
>>51711327
I have a Queen Marchesa deck that revolves around Boros Reckoner type effects. Its my favorite deck by far, though that's partly because of the hipster factor. It's neat to be the monarch and have people not attack you because they're literally going to punch themselves in the face if they do. It almost always combos out though, so if you're adverse to that, my deck won't be your cup of tea.
>>
>>51714816
I don't know about reductions, but you can definitely pay any additional amount of your cheques INTO taxes to beef up your return.
>>
>>51714645
>Vela, the Night-Clad
so your deck is about tokens leaving the battlefield? Just get as many as you can that are repeatable, fill the rest of your slots with the rest of the cheap ones.
>>
File: Sekki.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sekki.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-power-of-perfection/

Looking for advice on what can't properly pull weight in this. I'm looking to make it full-on flicker with ridiculous amounts of ETB value, and cuts have to be made. Also considering going up in land count, but I have a lot of mana pieces already, so I'm not sure if it's needed.

Just don't touch Sekki, nobody ever sees it coming.
>>
>>51714998
I'm running into an issue with not having enough spots for ramp and card draw and stuff like that. What about taking advantage of the intimidate that vela gives and swinging with the tokens? I'm going to need anthem effects. I'm asking where the balance lies.
>>
>>51714645
>Not going Ninja tribal with Vela

Ninja is you serious?
>>
>>51715043
It's intuitive and depends on the speed of your playgroup, of your deck, on your colors, etc. If I had to throw numbers out

24 token generators or so with as many as humanly possible being repeatable. Especially since you don't get access to parallel lives, second harvest, doubling season, etc.
>>
>>51715114
maybe more actually i think i fucked up that rapid math.

No more than 40.
>>
>>51715060
>building a deck that everyone and their mother has made
I want to do something a little more original. One of the things that I like about EDH is that with 100 cards, not every deck is going to be the same. However, the same commanders will have very similar decks. So I try to make my decks that are actually a little different than the norm.
>>
>>51713276
Shu Yun
>>
>>51715134
>>51715114

With about 60 nonland cards, you're thinking about 1/3 or 2/3 of the deck being producers?
>>
>>51713276
You could go artifact eggs with Glissa and just recur everything with boardwipes.
>>
>>51714411
How many tokens does each produce? Do you want steady production, or explosive production? How many token doublers do you use? How many mass pumps?
>>
>>51715376
Well, I'm in U/B so no doublers. My questions are the questions that you just asked. What's better? Nobody really plays tokens in my meta and I've never built it myself. I don't know the ratios for any of it. With Vela the Night-Clad being my commander, I don't really know whether steady production or explosive production is going to be the right answer.
>>
>>51714816
Being single and living on your own is an exception too
>>
>>51710797
Where do you put Yasova in?
>>
>>51715704
the garbage
>>
File: savageventmaw.png (131KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
savageventmaw.png
131KB, 223x311px
>>51710325
Sylvan Primordial has long been banned in the format. Might I recommend Savage Ventmaw for infinite combats with Aggravated Assault?
>>
File: eftMJvm.png (2MB, 1920x1028px) Image search: [Google]
eftMJvm.png
2MB, 1920x1028px
>tfw MaRo has anwered every question youve submitted on his blog, half of them shitposts
>>
>tfw you dont a playset of barals including a foil
Im ready to die
>>
>>51716085
I was trying to think of a good mono blue commander to build. Thanks for reminding me of that glorious bastard
>>
>>51716179
Nothing beats 3 mana cryptic and 4 mana bribery, and he dies it in monoblue.
>>
I need good options and spicy tech for dragon tribal in Naya colors
>>
>>51716232
Plus, baral's expertise is amazing. 5 mana bounce 3 artifacts/creatures AND cast any 4 cmc card for free? I thought it was a joke when I first read it.
>>
>>51716491
Insidious Will is also like Cryptic Command lite
>>
>>51710797
>Noyan Dar and Reveka in Ascended Tier

Aw yiss
>>
File: Norin_the_Wary.jpg (33KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
Norin_the_Wary.jpg
33KB, 300x216px
give me some "for fun" commanders that will disrupt a game in uncalculated ways. was looking at norin; winning with a general who runs from the board at literally everything is the exact kind of thing that sparks my autism
>>
>>51716643
Kambal will disrupt the game every 20 or so seconds by reminding people that to play the toll.

Blind Seer is pretty much making protection something to worry about.

There's also the Blue commander that gives everything horsemanship.
>>
>my meta is spot removal and nothing but creatures

How do I make these cunts pay the price?
>>
>>51716886
wincon-less stax
>>
>>51716886
I just blow up the field.
>>
What's a good suicide black commander?
>>
>>51716886
torpors orb and board wipe. Also if you can get protection on cards like a magus of the tabernacle or tabernacle of pendrel vale that also works.
>>
>>51717050
Erebos?
>>
>>51717050
suicide for you or your commander? kokusho if the latter
>>
>>51717434
suicide for you
>>
>>51717458
Malaren?
>>
>>51714356
>medical expenses
>school
>not getting refunds on these
Clearly YOU are doing it wrong.p
>>
>>51717475
Hmm, I do have a Maralen floating around.
>>
Eight and a Half Tails?
>>
>>51716450
Dragon Arch, depending on what you have in the deck, is a decent option.
>>
>>51711327
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/

This is my deck. I love it. It is pillowforty Mardu Control. My friends think it is oppressive. It is not Mardu Goodstuff/Toolbox. I don't know if this will help but you can always check it out. It's my favorite deck and welcome to the Marchesa Club.
>>
>>51713276
Shu Yun Cantrip Voltron
Throw in Monastery Mentor, Young Pyromancer, Tarland the Sky Summoner, Jori En, Zada Hedron Grinfer, and Mirrorwing Dragon. You've now got a deck that is just Cantrip Value Town
>>
>>51717488
Or you could put all that money you save by paying fewer taxes into savings. Then you have access to it when you need it and it'll correct interest.
>>
>>51718473
Wait, I misunderstood your post
>>
Can you use the oversized card as your commander?
>>
>>51718529
yes but most people dont because why would you
>>
>>51718529
With the tuck rule change, you'd be ok for most scenarios.
Off the top of my head, the only cards it would affect are stuff that interact with hands, if your commander is in your hand. It's not impossible to work around though.
>>
File: SHIT.png (574KB, 538x750px) Image search: [Google]
SHIT.png
574KB, 538x750px
r8 h8 masturb8 my mazirek
barring anything nuts im pretty happy with the list unless someone knows a good meme
>>
>>51718669
amazing
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zorak-and-the-original-way-outs/
im only drunk
>>
>>51718669
>>51718682
its just so... generic golgari. there isnt anything that say spicy tech or anything. 7/10, will get the job done i guess
>>
>>51718608
Well, I'm thinking of cracking my Atraxa box and just selling the single and keeping the rest of the cards. I'm having hard time finding anyone who is even interested in it (sealed)
>>
>>51718721
>Mazirek
>generic golgari
Someone has never had a Meren in their playgroup.
>>
>>51718750
i actually play meren albeit rarely
>>
>>51718264
Dump jori en, put in fevered visions. you can get prowess, double strike, card draw and repeatable damage
>>
are there any black cards that hit your opponent(s) for a creature's P/T?
>>
>>51718840
Kiku, Night's flower nad Kiku's Shadow come to mind.
>>
>>51718840
Rite of Consumption, or its worse cousin Final Strike
>>
>>51718840
Xathrid demon
>>
>>51715028
please respond
>>
>>51718758
Lel.
>>51718682
>>51718669
Shriekmaw, dude.
>>
File: Fuck your commander.png (298KB, 446x311px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your commander.png
298KB, 446x311px
These two cards are fucking amazing.

I play them every chance I can get.

There are so many decks that abuse the shit out of their commanders and killing them is pretty much pointless, like say Derevi.

I've shut down so many decks that rely on their commander by turning it into a fucking tree. Most recent examples are me dropping a Song of the Dryads on a Purphoros. Guy pretty much did nothing the rest of the game because nobody let him remove it.
Another scenario was a combo focused Gitrog deck that basically completely folded in on itself when he couldn't access his commander anymore.
Also a game where I landed it on a Derevi and nobody let him resolve bounce spells to remove it.
It just deals so spectacularely with many problem cards in the format.
Also the synergy with Vesuva and Thespian's Stage is fucking hillarious.

>>51718840
Plenty, but which ones are you looking for, the ones that deal damage equal to your opponents creatures power, or your own creatures power?
>>
File: Phthisis.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Phthisis.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51718865
Or Essence Harvest, which doesn't require you to sacrifice a creature.

Then you have everyones favorite card to pronounce, Phthisis
>>
>>51715978
Which one is your face?
>>
>>51718935
One time i pulled that off on a jace unraveler of secrets that was about to ultimate. He got so fucking mad when the judge in our playgroup explained how it worked. I didnt even get ult it but it was simply a matter of principle for me to flash out his jace and he can only use it for colorless.
>>
>>51718969
>f-thy-sis
>fuh-thuh-is-is
>fuh-thee-sis
What the fuck
>>
>>51719027
After thinking about the rules when not stoned my thespians jace should have died as a state based action too lmao
>>
>>51718669
>no Rishkar to ramp into oblivion
>>
>>51719097
It's pronounced Tie-sis, the Ph is silent. Yeah, I know.
>>
>>51719109
>Rishkar
holy shit anon yes
>>
>>51719132
If you need more card draw, look into Armorcraft Judge and Rishkar's Expertise as well. Green strategies revolving around creature buffing instead of outright huge creatures got some really good shit this block, grab it up while you can.
>>
>>51715043
Bident of Thassa and Coastal Piracy seem p good for drawing and synergize well with pooping out tokens. Military Intelligence less so but still p good. If you end up with a lot of artifacts then Thopter Spy Network doubles as a token maker and card draw
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
So, who's your favorite non-mainstream artifact commander?

I wanna build an artifact deck, but I'd rather not use sharuum/arcum/daretti.

Are there any good artifact generals with black?
>>
>>51719545
slobad
>>
>>51715028
>>51718881
PLS
>>
>>51719545
you also should have included breya in the mainstream artifact commanders, also oviya pashiri is interesting.
>>
>>51719545
Maybe Geth is decent?
>>
>>51719545
Glissa, the Traitor,
Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer,
Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
Muzzio, Visionary Architect,
Memnarch,
Karn, SIlver Golem
>>
>>51719545
If you want mono-black it's either Geth or there might be some synergies with King Macar and his token production.
>>
>>51719545
Mishra with nether void, blood funnel, and possibility storm.
>>
>>51719605
I forgot Hanna, Ship's Navigator.
>>
>>51718775
Why dump Jori En? Seems like it could only add value when pumping Shu Yun. It's going to take 2 spells at least to get him to Lethal. So you are going to be refilling your hand in deck that wants to dump its hand a lot.
>>51719111
>Tie-sis
What? Are you for real? that also cut out the h in th. I'm torn on whether to call it Tie-sis or stick with
>Fith-tha-sis
>>51719545
Try Glissa the Traitor. She's Golgarri artifacts. That's gotta be interesting at least.
>>
>>51719545
Sydri?
>>
>>51719677
phthisis
ˈ(f)θʌJsJs,ˈtʌJsJs

ˈtʌJsJs ~ Tie-sis
>>
>>51719707
Those J's are supposed to be I's, for some reason they turned into J when copy pasted, weird.

I = [aJ]
>>
>>51719545
Glissa eggs. I recommend the capsules, Improvise cards like Herald of Anguish and some of the new artifact creatures like Scrap Trawler and Treasure Keeper. Marionette Master pings whenever you throw artifacts in the grave and can be buffed up to turn those pings into massive chunks of life, and Revolt/Morbid triggers like Tragic Slip and Aid from the Cowl.
>>
>>51719677
jori en is going to draw you a card if you cast two spells and dies to creature removal. fevered visions is drawing cards all game until its removed while shocking every opponent every turn, evading boardwipes, and giving you the option to doublestrike. Itll also trigger your jeskai ascendancy if its already out and it can repeatedly deal with walkers over a creature wall.
>>
>>51719765
>>51719677
Glissa does sound pretty interesting.
Would it play with a beat down or combo wincon's?
I'm new, I've only ever played with friend's decks.
>>
>>51719936
Glissa promotes either using your graveyard to assemble combo pieces more safely, using your recursion to gain massive value from readily available control artifacts and locking down the board(your stax lock can be fetched back!), or recurring massive artifact creatures and powerful equipments. I had a friend who recurred infect equipment a lot alongside removal artifacts and pump spells like Vines of Vastwood, was scary as fuck.
>>
>>51718840
Phthisis is a 30 life loss spell to your friends Worldspine Wurm.
>>
>>51719545
I had a Nin deck that was artifact essentric. Took it apart because I didn't want two decks feeling "samey" with their wincons. Currently thinking about Silas Renn + Reyhan for Sultai Modular Artifacts/Eggs.
>>
>>51719771
I think Jori En is better in this deck. It rewards you for doing what you would want to do any way with out potentially giving the opponents answers. Also Fevered visions is going to annoy your opponents and force them to blow it up or focus on you. Jori En can also be used to chump block and is pretty easy to recur. The double strike/prowess trigger and constant draw are nice but I feel like fevered visions is better in a lot of other builds/decks. But not this one.
>>
i just built my first real commander deck a little while ago. however, i've held off on playing because i'm afraid people will not be happy with the deck and it wont fit with the more friendly aim of commander games
it's a generic big black deck with korlash as the commander, will my fears come true or am i just psyching myself out?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>51716643
why does nobody mention one of my favorite mono black commanders? this little bastard is so god damn fun to play. you just fill the deck with kill cards and call it a day.
>>
File: Ill be right back.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ill be right back.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51710797
Litterally just made a Norin deck. Its not even all troll. I have reached ascendance boys!
>>
>>51720199
Post your deck list. That way i or somebody else can give an opinion if it's fair or not.
To answer your question, if it completely hoses down the other decks and people aren't having fun, then take it down a notch. But if people respond to the meta shift and power up their decks, then i guess it's fine.
>>
>>51720308
a list would be pointless, it's almost just big dumb black creatures with a bunch of draw sources, i'm just worried because it has next to no interaction with other players outside of a few discard engines
>>
>>51715028
get rid of pig for crater hoof
doubling season
>>
>>51718264
Whoa there. No Docent of Perfection? No Soulblade Djinn?
>>
>>51718969
I remember suspending this at one point and a dumbshit dude cast Lord of Extinction the turn before it was gonna resolve
>>
>>51717050
Does it have to be mono black? Grixis Marchesa loves to pay life to do do things.
>>
>>51720478
oh yeah. I don't run Shu Yun. My buddy does. Thanks for the creatures
>>
>>51720723
>Supend Phthisis against Oloro
>Dumb ass plays Serra Avatar turn before it pops out

That's the day I learned Serra Avatar is a god damn trap.
>>
File: 1487056843340-256172751.jpg (720KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1487056843340-256172751.jpg
720KB, 2048x1152px
Im looking at completing my Red and White Soldier deck which is sitting at 74-75 cards with another 12 or so being shipped to my door. I have had a soft spot for Angels and Soldiers ever since starting a few years back and I really want to make that show. Also since I started playing around the time of Gatecrash I wanted to include my love Aurelia in here, as well as some other soldiers from the block. Any imput you guys have would be fucking mint as Im not that great with building a deck.

Commander/s--
Aurelia, the Warleader
Tajic, Blade of the Legion
Anax and Cymede (only here because I 'could' use it)

Lands
13 Planes / 6 Mountains
Needle Spires
Ghost Quater
Vivid Medow
Windbrisk Hights
Homeward Path
Wind-Scarred Crag

Creatures
Odric, Lunarch Marshal
Odric, Master Tactician
Firemane Avenger
Preeminet Captain
Porcelain Legionnaire
Skyspear Cavalry
Dawnbringer Charioteers
Heliod (Praise the sun)
Archetype of Courage
Boros Battleshaper
Paragon of New Dawns
Palace Guard
Court Street Denizen
Mentor of the Meek
Goldmedow Harrier
Soul Warden
Knight of the White Orchid
Selfless Squire

Sorcery / Instants
Spectral Procession
Raise the Alarm
Conqueror's Pledge
Nomads Assembly
Devout Invocation
Increasing Devotion
Mob Rule
Blasphemous Act
Riot Control
Brave the Elements
Dazzling Reflection (razzle dazzle)
Awe Strike
Devouring Light
Entrapment Maneuver
Grasp of Fate
Swords to Plowshares

Artifacts
Soul Ring (obvious)
Lightning Greaves
Veteran's Armements
Sword of the Animist (I like land, but other than that, its mostly useless)

Enchantments--
Intangible Virtue
Dictate of Heliod
Assemble the Legion
Pentarch Ward
Marshal's Anthem (yeah this is my only form of return so far, how sad)
Ghostly Prison
Holy Mantle

Ordered
Iroas and Perphoros (dealing damage for tokens! Oh and menace and feild proection for when I attack)
Captain of the Watch
Hero of Bladehold
Skullclamp
Sunforger
Swiftfoot Boots
Sword of Vengence
Deploy to the Front
Blade of Selves
Forbidding Watchtower
>>
>>51720803
Please delete this post and put the deck on tappedout.
>>
>>51718935
Those cards along with Darksteel Mutation are very strong, but they're also considered anti-fun, especially against decks without white/green that practically have to give up or durdle to death when their commander is gone.
>>
>>51720781
Kek, I remember once Oloro player panicking after he fell under 20 or so life and he tried to cast and copy Beacon of Immortality and I responded with False Cure
>>
>>51720851
>give up
>instead of playing Wasteland, Strip Mine, Tectonic Edge, Ghost Quarter, Dust Bowl, Vesuva, Thespian Stage
>>
>>51718935
What's the synergy?
>>
>>51720891
Vesuva / Thespian's Stage can copy the enchanted permanent, but since it doesn't have the enchantment, it stops being a land.

So

>opponent plays Darksteel Forge
>you play Song of the Dryads on Darksteel Forge
>tap Thespian's Stage to copy the Forge
>you now have a Darksteel Forge with 2, T: become a copy of target land
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
133KB, 223x311px
>HAhaha I play nothing but vehicles and pacifism spells and wipe the board every two turns. Oh, we're playing for two hours already and nobody is close to winning? Hahaha that's funny! I'm having fun.
>>
>>51719545
I have a blast using hope of ghirapur

>>51720338
If you're putting stuff into combat at any point before it being an unanswerably deadly force, it's interaction.

>>51720851
Claws of Gix, yo. I run it even if a remarkable portion decks at my lgs run newmrakul.
>>
If i run paradox engine in one of my decks ill become combo hitler, do I cross that line?
>>
>>51718935
I would love to run Imprisoned, but it just doesn't fit in my WUR enchantment-based deck's removal suite.

I already play Detention Sphere, Darksteel Mutation, Spectral Grasp, Grasp of Fate and my secret tech Temporal Isolation. Even though Imprisoned deals with lands, PWs and commanders. :(
>>
>>51721665
Why not? I would run it over any of those that only hit creatures.
>>
>>51721665
Yeah, I'd play it over Spectral Grasp or Temporal Isolation, which don't stop activated or static abilities.
>>
>>51721706
>>51721682
Spectral Grasp is a great pillowfort card and Isolation is my only instant-speed removal against voltron or big beaters.

I just love those two cards too much. But I guess Isolation is too situational and it has to go eventually.
>>
>>51719765
Not him, but how the fuck do you play eggs without white or even red?
>>
File: 35.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
When will Sheldon finally kill this meme?
>>
>>51710797
>not a single Boros Commander
shit list/10
>>
>>51710797
this list is awful.

Several extremely normal and generic commanders like Avacyn, is tier 4 while niche stuff like Zirlian of the Claw is tier 3.

People playing eldrazi titan commanders is far less common than for example chainer Grand Arbiter, Jhoira or Jarad.

Fucking Kruphix is like a tier 1 or tier 2 commander.

Tier 8 should have cards like Skeleton Ship, Lord of Tresserhorn, Gwendlyn Di Corci, Starke of Rath, Diaochan, Xiahou etc.

Not shit like Norin, Noyan Dar and fucking Progenitus. Why are these tier 8 over Mishra for example?
>>
File: hushwing_gryff[1].jpg (28KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
hushwing_gryff[1].jpg
28KB, 255x361px
Casual here, don't know if it's too late to post but I have a few questions:

What is a good hatebear like commander? My friends run degenerate combo and land destruction decks (Breya, Prossh and Reaper King) and I'm tired of being the first to die all the time. I want to become 100% immune to those decks. I want to build a white or white and black deck with cards like Damping Matrix, Suppression Field and Hushwing Gryff and Nevermore and cards like that. I've thought about Obzedat or Athreos because I like the cards and they're hard to get rid of. Another option is that Theros Orzhov enchantment commander. Opinions?

And a short question, if I have a card that says "whenever a creature dies this turn, return it to the field under your control", and then my friends commander dies but he returns it to the command zone, can I get the commander or not?

And another question, how does blocking with multiple creatures work? If I attack with a 100/100 and my opponent blocks with three 2/2's, does my 100/100 deal 100 damage to each, like it fights each creature individually and receive 6 damage total or can I redistribute the damage as I please?

Thanks in advance!!!!
>>
>>51722063
Gaddock Teeg, green instead of black, though.

Fucks over everyone.

>>51722063
>"whenever a creature dies this turn, return it to the field under your control"
Nope, it never died in the first place. He replaced the death trigger with putting it in his command zone.

Same reason your commander doesn't trigger death triggers like Skullclamp and Gravepact if you put him in your command zone instead of the graveyard.

>distributing multiple blocker damage
The attacking creature distributes exactly however he wants, but only a total of 100.
He can deal 100 damage to one creature and nothing to the two others if he wishes, or distribute it evenly. If you have trample, you have to deal lethal damage to a creature to trample the remainder. This works even if they are indestructible.

So if a 10/10 indestructible and a 5/5 blocks a 100/100 trampler, you deal 10 to the indestructible, 5 to the 5/5 and trample the rest over.

This is also why trample + deathtouch works great together.
>>
>>51722063
You assign lethal damage to blocker 1, then to blocker 2, etc. In your scenario it will be 33 to 1, 33 to the 2nd and 34 to the third one.
>>
>>51722171
You contradict yourself, the creatures he blocked with are 2/2s, with your explanation, it would be 2 damage to blocker 1, 2 damage to blocker 2, and 96 damage to blocker 3.
>>
>>51709868
How many did you buy?
If it's just one this question is just laughable
>>
>>51722196
Two is the minimum he has to assign to the 2/2 before he can assign damage to the next blocker, and 100 is the maximum.
>>
>>51720912
Is this true? It doesn't seem right...
>>
>>51721819
As soon as you stop complaining about it in every thread
>>
>>51722224
It's true. All of it.
>>
>>51722243
Damn, that's really spicy.
>>
Should I stick to Selesnya tribal humans or piece the deck apart to make Gaddock Teeg?

My meta is super combo centered and always has been. I wanted to step away from the infinites I was using to win and go with something more creature based but it's just way to slow for this meta. Gaddock would just hate on combos and hopefully promote some alternate win conditions for the game.

Maybe I just need a new play group...
>>
>>51722913

Go for Teeg.
>>
>>51709868
just sell it if you need the dosh or open and play it. i 100% guarantee wizards is going to do a reprint in the next 3 months and its value will plummet. personally i sold all 5 of mine when they hit 90
>>
>>51722913
if you are trying to change your meta teeg will definitely do it, just be prepared for everyone to hate you
>>
>>51722951
>>51722996
I've really been leaning towards Teeg too but I've just been kicking myself in the ass over it because I already got all the cards for Sigarda.

My playgroup already hates me from back when I played Gitrog, which is half the reason I switched because I'd get focused down for having a frog as my commander.

Anyway here's a quick Teeg brew I did awhile back. Any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-02-17-gaddock-teeg-edh/
>>
>>51715148
>I saw it mentioned on edh general before so it must be the most popular way to make the deck.

Token Vela is not a token idea for the record.
>>
>>51723027
hate bears and reanimators
>>
>>51715043
Since you're playing Vela maybe sac outlets that draw or stuff that draw on death triggers (p sure there's something like that for UB). Mind posting what you have so far so we can take a look?
>>
>>51722103
So wait, if I have a 10/10 deathtouch trampler, and it gets blocked by a 5/5, 9 goes over?
>>
>Spend time and money to build your own EDH deck
>Spend hours play testing and theorycrafting it
>Table gets completely destroyed by an unmodified 2016 Pre-Cons

Like, how tuned are these things? It was a Saskia and the player managed to kill all three of us in one turn before any of us had the board state to stop him.
>>
>>51723193
It's almost completely random who wins in a EDH multiplayer match. EDH decks aren't consistent most of the time and most of the game is politics anyway.
>>
>>51723193
Not very much, but Saskia can wreck face very fast if you don't keep her in check. What were you and the other players in the table playing?
>>
If my opponent has no graveyard, and I target him using a Cranial Archive, does he still shuffle?
>>
>>51723193
not very tuned, but especiallly on saskia people have been sleeping on.
I'd say after Breya she's the strongest of the c16 commanders and she has some of the best partners with Tana and Ravos too.
>>
>>51723326
>9/20/2014: If the player’s graveyard is empty, the player will shuffle his or her library, then you’ll draw a card.
>>
>>51723365
I'm dumb, cheers
>>
>>51723125
Exactly.
>>
>>51722973
You sir are a dick and the reason magic is so fucked. Did you really need 5? One or two is acceptable, five is what hedonism bot would do.
>>
File: 1472196129932.gif (3MB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472196129932.gif
3MB, 368x270px
>>51723403
>when you and your friends have been playing for years but have all been fucking this up
>>
>>51723640
>I use this creature's ability
>I cast lightning bolt and kill it before you can do that
We played like this for a decade.
>>
>>51723503
5 isnt even bad, i basically made enough to build another deck out of the profits and the only reason i did it is because it was so clear the atraxa deck would sky rocket. i know people who have like 50+ of them and are making retarded money off of it. compared to that im small time
>>
>>51710797
Emrakul is my only deck, so I guess I'm a shut-in.
>>
>>51710797
>No Surrak Dragonclaw
>No Hope of Ghirapur
No idea where I place.

>>51716643
I suggest Ruric Thar, he waprs games around him more than he should.

>>51716886
Toshiro Umezawa, show them true death.

>>51719545
Hope of Ghirapiur, play silver bullet after silver bullet until you build a bigger gun.
>>
>>51717050
Phage the Untouchable.
>>
Is it worth it to pick up Invent Superiority from my walmart for MSRP for my first commander deck? I have a few good artifacts that I can upgrade it with: Blightsteel Colossus, Platinum Emperion, Mox Opal, Arcbound Ravager, Baleful Strix, Spellskite, Karn Silver Golem, the moth nexuses. I can also put in Ulamog
>>
>>51724086
Yes.
>>
>>51724090
Ok, thanks! I'll go pick it up today
>>
>>51724086
baleful strix is already in but yes
>>
>>51719545
Glissa, The Traitor let's you do golgari sacing stuff for value, but with artifacts. Black and green don't have a ton of traditional artifact support so it lets you get creative.
>>
>>51724198
Are any of the other precons worth purchasing?
>>
>>51724322
Atraxa is great particularly if you can get it for MSRP, all of the 2016 precons are pretty good so long as you get one that works with your playstyle, there are other precons form other years that are quite good as well but may be harder to find at a reasonable price.
>>
File: 1326428746022.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1326428746022.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>51722063
>casual
>land destruction

Jesus christ that doesn't sound right
>>
>>51721860
Boros is "Even if there is no God or Buddha there is Kamen Rider" tier.
>>
Is there any secret tech for a monored deck to fight monoblack gravepact tokens besides Purphoros? Or should I just accept that it's a race for who can get his broken shit online sooner?
>>
File: timmeesfurstdek.png (206KB, 990x540px) Image search: [Google]
timmeesfurstdek.png
206KB, 990x540px
How is this for a first deck? Not expecting it to be competitive, just want to gruul smash stuff.
>>
File: Help me out tg.png (657KB, 625x445px) Image search: [Google]
Help me out tg.png
657KB, 625x445px
Hey EDH General got a ruling question from a game I played the other day.
If Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre is in play and an opponent plays Ixidron, making Ulamog a 2/2 face down creature with no abilities, if Ulamog is put into the graveyard in this date does the player controlling Ulamog shuffle their library like it says on the card?
>>
>>51723760
Brothers in inability, my friend.
>>
>>51724877
It only lasts as a morph until it leaves the battlefield. It hits the gy as an ulamog
>>
>>51723776
This type of stuff always makes me want to do it too, but from personal experience I know that I'd juat fuck it up.

Where did you sell them by the way, ebay?
>>
>>51723776
I always become sad when I read stuff like this, an Atraxa precon cost $55 on release in my country, a display $120, and the shipping costs + import taxes basically shut down any chance of saving money online. So "investing" in magic is basically impossible. I pay 40% more than you guys as long as I buy any official products.
>>
>>51724771
Get a nice draw spell in there.

Nissa's Revelation is less than 50 cents, of course Shamanic Revelation is very good too.
>>
>>51714399
Sword of the Paruns,Staff of Domination
>>
What are some good combos I can run in a U/R deck? Besides Splinter Twin.
>>
>>51721999
This anon gets it.
>>
>>51725241
Turnabout + Reiterate + any X spell
Echo Mage + Dramatic Reversal with at least 1 mana rock in the field
Cackling Counterpart/Heat Shimmer + Dualcaster Mage
>>
Nicol Bolas art from Conflux or Duel Decks?
Please help
>>
>>51720803
So why arent you using Iroas as your commander? He is just the best value for Boros aggro EDH.

Having all creatures take no damage while having menace is a real beatdown, on top of that he is indestructable with the small downside of not being a creature when you don't have the devotion.

Aurelia may give another combat step, but this guy comes out faster and your creatures dont die when attacking.
>>
>>51725280
Turnabout+ Reiterate seems good, since it combos with cards that are good on their own, such as Capsize. Heat Shimmer + Mage seems like the kind of jank I'd play, wins games on the spot. Thanks.
>>
>>51725335
Conflux
>>
>>51723760
me too
how it resolves then?
>>
>>51726700
If a player has priority, they can put anything they want on the stack, or pass priority to go to the next phase.

So you get to activate the ability before anyone responds. If my opponent taps thermo alchemist the activated ability goes on the stack. If I then bolt the alchemist it will die, but the ability will already be on the stack, so unless I stifle it or something, I will take the 1 damage.

Remember though, a player can put as many things on the stack as they want if they have priority, but before anything can resolve you need to pass priority and give people a chance to respond.
>>
>>51724086

Breya is just degenerate combo

get thopter foundry, sword of the meek, thopter assembly, some tutors, skullclamp, ashnods altar, etc.

you win instantly
>>
>>51724453

Yeah it started as casual but now my friends are including armaggedons and shit in their decks
>>
>>51724086
the most important pieces you'll need are ashnod's altar, nim deathmantle, grand architect and pili-pala
>>
File: silly combos.png (790KB, 892x319px) Image search: [Google]
silly combos.png
790KB, 892x319px
I really want to build this but I am too poor.
>>
>>51727627
don't forget nim deathmantle.
>>
>>51711327
I built 99 card singleton Mardu tokens. It's a lot more fun than any pillowfort deck for sure but it's powerlevel is dependant on how many retards let me keep a Skullclamp around for a turn. Early Luminarch's Ascension also takes games.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.