[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 35

Nieces and Dragons Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous Kalpa: >>51681933
>>
>>51691479

since 4th age the Technology and Magic Regress became worse

Dagon's Invasion had a bit of success, and the events that succeeded later caused by the events of morrowind worsened that.
>>
>>51692249
>since 4th age the Technology and Magic Regress became worse

Lore-wise this seems like a cool an interesting idea, doing the reverse of what many other fantasy settings do. But when it comes to the consequences for the game world this doesn't seem like the best idea. I don't think many would like everything eventually becoming primitive.
>>
>>51691479
>Armor resembles much more advanced plate armor in ESO while armor in the last few elder scrolls, Morrowind and Oblivion especially, look as if they've been inspired from earlier eras.

ESO has a shit armor design that exaggerates the aesthetic laid down by lederer, kirkbride, and adam. all the armors literally look the same in silhouette and offer no sense of character for the player. they are literally worse than TES III, TES IV, and TES V armors; whereas they had distinct armors you could recognize from a mile away ESO has the same construction of armor for every single set.

Its a fuckin travesty.
>>
>>51692330

andwhat the heck do you want?

warcraft memey and cartoony armory?Or witchers armor, which looks like something out of an old Heavy metal Comic?
>>
>>51692376
armor like every other elder scrolls title??
>>
>>51692324
We're just headed to a Dark Age is all. All we have to do now is wait for the Bretons to get their shit together and make a new empire based on cooking. This is the change Talos mentioned, and it is for the best.
>>
Is becoming a lich objectively evil?
>>
>>51692324
>Lore-wise this seems like a cool an interesting idea, doing the reverse of what many other fantasy settings do

Uh, the technologically advanced past is a common trope in Fantasy. I think most fantasy settings usually have some sort of technologically advanced civilization in their past, which for whatever reason isn't around anymore.
>>
>>51691479
No, in fact the Second Era was pretty much the greatest Dark Age in Tamrielic History barring perhaps the period following the War of Righteousness that we know almost nothing about.
To start, Versidue launched a forty year campaign to crush all the Imperial vassals to ensure they cannot revolt, which saved the Empire from falling apart but completely devastated the population of Tamriel, destroying its economy and making crime sky rocket. And then to make things worse, his incompetent successor Savirien basically reverses everything Versidue did to centralize imperial power, gets murdered, and then the Empire falls apart completely. Trade died, innovation died, scholarship died, all the imaginable perks that came with having a united Empire and connected people, died. The entire continent fell into a general air of distrust, suspicion, and intolerance of others, and was plagued by constant warfare to such an extent that people began calling Tamriel, the place where -and quote "life and death were different sides of the same coin tossed everyday," the Arena.

ESO of course just completely ignored all this in favor of creating a setting with all the depth of a tea cup
>>
>>51692539
>technologically advanced past is a common trope in Fantasy
Yes, but in those the current civilization is recovering and advancing, while in TES it is degrading continuously.
>>
>>51692744
>TES it is degrading continuously

Chrono Trigger
>>
>>51692899

the thing is that chrono trigger had a post apocalyptic future caused by the evil timelord

skyrim averted that with alduin
>>
Do people in these threads actually consider ESO canon?
>>
>>51692921
Alduin was going to restore the kalpa and eat Numidium. As a result of Alduin not doing his job, Numidium fucks everything up. If you take kirkbride as canon.

>>51692925
Yes.
>>
>>51692925
yes

orc blood magic is dope af

>their civilization will always be nomadic
>they will never have a settlement
>if they ever settled they'd industrialized and make blood-fueled animunculi

honestly one of the nicest pieces of ESO lore imo
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't Alduin just bring all his dragon friends to help him in the final battle in Sovngarde?
>>
>>51692989

Odahviing explained this to you.
>>
File: IMG_0631.jpg (27KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0631.jpg
27KB, 259x194px
How is ESO's plot? Sounds really retarded and the game looks generally bad but I've been wrong before.

What is the story? Is any of the lore good?
>>
>>51693074
It's about the same as Skyrim and Oblivion's plot.
>>
>>51693091
Flawed but generally good?
>>
>>51693111
the lil details of lore in ESO are great

the overarching story is kinda balls tho
>>
>>51693122
Explain
>>
>>51693137
they work in details like blood magic for orcs being that they have become extremely settled and centralized as a culture, being that malacath is all about that blood oath and the like.

then they have molag bal throwing you around with his bare hands
>>
Why do I have to go to High Rock to get good Mithril armor?
>>
>>51693159
Did they just make up a plot or was there a precedent for Molag Bal invading Tamriel?
>>
>>51693122

Vanilla is "bad", but then the lorefags on zenimax decided to her our lorefags and the story started to become better

same goes to morrrowind, oblivion and skyrim, but these 3 had good main quests

in fact, vanilla ESO is pretty forgettable sometimes, only when the DLC started to kick in, the story started to evolve

>>51693185
All daedra made a pact with Sotha Sil about their invasion cycles, Molag ball dickslaps you later saying that what he did is nothing compared to what will come next

in this case, he knew that Dagon was working already on his Invasion if He failed on do his.
>>
>>51693185
idk, sorry. i just follow whats posted here; i dont play ESO. probably just invalidated my opinion right there.
>>
>>51693230
Don't Dagon and Bal hate each other?
>>
>>51693272
>ambition
>dominance

i see how it can conflict
>>
Are you allowed to fuck your housecarl?
>>
>>51692376
>t. only played witcher 3
>>
>>51693429
MODS
O
D
S
>>
>>51692989
As >>51692999 explains. Moreover, there's already like 2-3 dragons that ambush you as you make your way to the portal if I recall correctly. Lastly, dragons would probably get rekt if Shor allowed the Dragonborn heroes out to meet with Alduin if he brought dragons with him.
>>
>>51694149

> there's already like 2-3 dragons that ambush you as you make your way to the portal if I recall correctly

This is incorrect,
They leave you alone if you don't attack them.
Odahviing explained this.
>>
File: IMG_0654.jpg (101KB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0654.jpg
101KB, 580x433px
Nord Warrior > All else

What is best in life? To crush the Argonians, to see the Dunmer driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the Breton.
>>
>>51694212
There are 4 dragons, 2 will attack you and the other 2 are sitting on the top of the portal.
>>
>>51694257
from an in game perspective being a mage is far better, from a player perspective being a mage is also much better because melee combat in TES games sucks ass
>>
>>51694608
Okay I'll be a Mage instead
>>
>>51694771
Me

>>51694296
What birth sign should I use for pure Breton Mage?
>>
>>51694951
>What birth sign should I use for pure Breton Mage?

Cancer
>>
>>51694951
>pure Breton Mage?
Bretronach a best
>>
>>51695304
That would be one for a Dunmer mage though
>>
If Bretons have the best cooking, which race has the worst cooking? Orcs? Bosmer?
>>
>>51695636
Bosmer
>>
>>51695636
Probably Bosmer, since it's all meat and meat by-products. They consume some really nasty stuff.
Though, they're supposedly really good at preparing meat. Too bad it's the only thing they're good at.

Khajiiti cooking might not be to your liking if you're not into sweet food.
>>
>>51695636
Argonians. Everything on Black Marsh must taste terrible
>>
>>51695636
Argonians because they probably eat everything raw and basically anything they can find
>>
>>51695711
I guess they can't even spice it that much.
>>
>>51695808
Spices will have to be imported.

>"I did say that, because it was stolen," said Foroch. "But if you can get it back, I'll let you take a keg of it. They didn't take my regular ale. They took the Sun's Dusk ale."
>"I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of that one," I said.
>"Few have, for the brewing of it is a trying task. It takes years for all the meat and bugs to fall in. And--"
>"Bugs?" I asked.
>"You can't just go dumping them in, you know," Foroch said, "they have to fall naturally. Crosswings have a fierce bitterness when they die afraid. First, you must stretch seventeen strings of Alfiq-gut over each barrel. Then you must press fresh boar meat onto the strings, being careful not to let any fall before it has properly rotted. Then you must dust the meat with the finely chopped skins of the red-striped frog to make sure the crosswings are drunk and happy when they fall. You do this every month for three or more years, until you have enough meat and bugs to fill the barrel. And that's not even counting the enchantments. You have spells to attract the crosswings and mimics. And spells to keep out the flipbacks, tree-hoppers, and hoarvor young. There are spells to encourage the green mold and prevent the brown and white molds. Then you have to seal the barrel for nine or more years until the last of the green mold turns--"
>"It sounds very difficult," I said, preferring ignorance when it came to Green Pact brewing. "Do you know who took it?"
>>
Any mods that add spells to Morrowind other than that scripted spells retardation? And is it known if the Tribunal killed Nerevar at Red mountain?
>>51695378
>Have to summon ancestor ghost 4+ times if you want to restore your magicka
>>
>>51695304
t. Dunmer

Red mountain eruption Dark Elf genocide best day of my life
>>
>>51696021
It's never officially stated. It can be interpreted both ways. It depends on who you trust, Dagoth Ur or Vivec
>>
>>51696154

There are less biased sources.
Like Alandro Sul.
>>
>>51696215
Elaborate it's been ages since I've played Morrowind
>>
>>51695900
>First, you must stretch seventeen strings of Alfiq-gut over each barrel.
They eat little housecat Khajiit on the reg? Bosmer confirmed for worst neighbors.
>>
>>51696154
I believed they killed him for most of the main quest, but when I got to Vivec he was actually pretty chill. Wasn't the Numidium activated at the battle of Red Mountain? That would create a Dragon Break and make it even more convoluted wouldn't it?
>>
>>51696215
>not the nords
>>
>>51696225

He was Nerevars bestest buddy and is basically the reason Ashlanders didn't like the Tribunal.

> Story behind Alandro-Sul (09/19/06):
> There were nice plans for Sul that never made it in the game, like the "Thousand Ringlets of Alandro Sul," where his mind was blasted into his chainmail headpiece by either A) madness or B) Tribunal-Gun. Then the ashlanders got hold of it and Sul could possess their minds when they wore it, making them see what he did, or thought he did. And then, of course, this thing got scattered and spread among the tribes, so that eventually ashlander tribesmer would all be wearing earrings made out of the chainmail ringlets, each one hearing the profane whisper of Truth.

> That's where the name Sul-Matuul came from. Hardest of the hardcore.

>>51696275

Drunken barbarians aren't a reliable source for anything.
>>
>>51696021
Vivec admits to having killed Nerevar in the 36 Lessons (and the Trial of Vivec).
>>
File: IMG_0590.jpg (23KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0590.jpg
23KB, 626x626px
>tfw can't tell if Morrowind is legitimately a masterpiece or that it's slightly underwritten and the community fills in the gaps with their imagination

After all these years I still can't decide. I always feel like there are such powerful emotions behind Morrowind, especially the main quest where you feel this monumental sense of tragedy and nostalgia from the major players - at least that's what I remember. I can't tell if it was because I played it for the first time when I was in high school and was deeply impressionable.

I also got a really strong Muhammad vibe from the Nerevar and Morrowind in general. Nerevar/Muhammad do the impossible and unite the tribes together to conquer their historical oppressors. Or maybe Lawrence of Arabia. Also the Azura's symbol being a moon and star a la the Ottoman empire/Pakistan's flag that has become associated with Islam.
>>
>>51696322
So the cultural, racist supremacist Dagoth Ur who wants to start a literal apocalyptic race war is weirdly justified for feeling so scorned and betrayed by the Tribunal?
>>
File: file.png (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78KB, 640x480px
I'm glad to see UESRPG gives the players a lot of freedom when it comes to enchanting. It's a good compromise between the different ways it's been portrayed in the games.
It really is a shame that the ability to design items and spells have been removed from the games themselves.

>>51696257
Yes, the Bosmer are filthy cannibal savages.
Though it's not like the Khajiit won't be massive, barbed dicks in return, the cats just won't eat you.
>>
>>51695724
They don't even cook man. They like to eat their animals alive
>>
What's an interesting questline one could run in an Elder Scrolls themed TTRPG without being obnoxiously non-canon?
>>
>>51696676
Fuck canon, do your own thing. If your guys like TES they'll just be jazzed to be runnan around Tamriel.

That being said, try to avoid the typical shit that makes a bad campaign, self inserts, Mary Sues/Gary Stus, all that bullshit.

Try and start your party as prisoners and cap off the story with an enantiomorph you'll be golden.

Also, dive into the lore in a real way, pick up the shit Todd forgot. No ice vampires in Skyrim? Now your party has to root out a coven of ice vampires. Bosmer player runs into another bosmer? He's gonna fucking barbecue him. Players talk with a Daedra? Make sure they do it on his summoning day and bring the traditional offerings.

Don't aim too low, but don't aim too high either. Or whatever, you're doing this for your party you know what type of questlines they enjoy.
>>
Wait I thought Vivec and the Tribunal killed DAGOTH who was loyal and Nerevar and stole the power of the heart and at a later time, used their god powers to change the past so Dagoth killed Nerevar and they avenged him, basically changing the past to reframe themselves?

Because a LOT of sources point to both being true. For example Dagoth Ur speaking of your fight under the mountain in the past even though if the Tribunal were the bad guys that never would have happened, but we have concrete proof the tribunal were the traitors.

I'm convinced Nu Dagoth believes himself the bad guy because the tribunal fucked with the past, even though he was loyal in the actual timeline, which IMO only adds to his tragedy.

Anyone able to corroborate this or refute it?
>>
>>51696676
A decent Interregnum. The one in ESO is just a fever dream had by Molag Bal's prisoner between eternal dickings and torture.
You could run the original plot for ESO
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/eso-balac-thurm-main-quest
>tfw it could have been good
>>
>>51696438
The Dunmer incorporate a lot of early Jewish/Muslim things in their culture/belief structure with some ancestor worship and pain fetishism sprinkled in. Those vibes you're getting are intentional.
>>
>>51696896
I posted something regarding that here >>51696264. There's like 5 different versions of Nerevar's death:
>Killed by wounds inflicted in his fight against Dumac Dwarf King
>Killed by wounds inflicted in his fight against Dagoth Ur
>Poisoned by the Tribunal in a fake Azura invocation while he was trying to ask her about the tools
>Murdered by the Tribunal after he talked with Azura

I believe that there was a Dragon Break due to Numidium that made all of these true. I never read the source for that "Vivec rewrote reality so that he wasn't a murderer" thing
>>
Speaking of enchantments, Daggerfall had a system where binding a soul to an item (basically the precursor to soul gems) could apply mandatory benefits and drawbacks to an item.
So an item enchanted with the bound soul of a ghost would weigh less, but deteriorate in holy places and do less damage against the undead.
If you used the soul of a Deadra Seducer, the item would cause people to view you more favourably, but it would deteriorate in sunlight and holy places, frighten animals, and start draining your health if you didn't use it often enough.

It's just kind of a neat concept.

>>51696676
Depends on what kind of scope you're working with. Do you want the players to be Imperial agents, wandering adventurers, common folk trust into danger?

If they're Imperial agents, they could hunt down escaped Tharnites in Black Marsh. Enjoy hunting a dangerous cabal of cultist wizards in a hellish jungle.
If they'e adventurers, they could be wanderers during a chaotic time, like the Interregnum or the Simulacrum.
If they're commoners, they could be citizens of Dragonstar wrongly accused of working for "the other side", and now have to clear their name, or maybe just get revenge.
>>
>>51694608
>, from a player perspective being a mage is also much better because melee combat in TES games sucks ass

Stealth archer
>>
>>51696992
Aaaaahhhh

Numidium would totally have just been activated huh. I can't believe that went over my head. That makes sense, thanks anon.

I don't remember the source of the Vivec thing but I'm sure it out there. It may have been more CHIM related than heart related in the same way Talos changed Cyrodiil
>>
File: 1485142412901.jpg (11KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1485142412901.jpg
11KB, 240x255px
chris metzen was a better writer than michael kirkbride
>>
>>51697642

>The bait is strong on this /v/one
>>
>>51697089
I think people got that from the Trial of Vivec
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

>Vehk the mortal did murder the Hortator. Vehk the God did not, and remains as written.
>>
>>51696563
>adding negative effects to allow for more enchanting power

wish this was a thing in oblivion, morrowind and skyrim, for spell making too
>>
File: 1461429910952.jpg (74KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1461429910952.jpg
74KB, 500x563px
>>51692925
I have not played it but from what I have read there are some unique ideas, and lots of uninspired garbage or purely nonsensical ideas going on. Like Dunmer and Argonians teaming up and releasing all Argonian slaves? There's no real justification for that. Lots of ESO's ideas are contrary to the logic of the world, as established by the previous 5 games.

>>51692511
If you consider murder and desecration of the dead evil, then yes
>>
Mandatory weekly question relating to the vidya, here. S-should I really try and raise my misc skills in Morrowind? I know about bonuses, but realistically would someone really try and do that or is to metagamey?
>>
>>51696154
>It depends on who you trust, Dagoth Ur or Vivec
They both say the Tribunal killed Nerevar.
>>
>>51699316
If you want to level correctly you're supposed to set the skills you're going to use as miscs, get the appropiate bonuses and then raise one of the fodder major skills to get the three x5 multipliers. Since I didn't do this, what I do to get the multipliers is raise my misc skills that are related to the attributes I want and then rest. This is suboptimal because to get the multipliers you start needing more and more misc skill level ups and you end up behind in levels; not weak, but behind. I'm level 16 and I could level up to 23 just by resting consecutively, so make of that what you will
>>
File: 141184638.jpg (710KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
141184638.jpg
710KB, 1920x960px
What's the best province for alchemy?

I would guess Summerset Isles, or Black Marsh for exotic ingredients. Hammerfell would probably be the worst herbally
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>51701175
wrong pic
>>
>>51701192
>indeed i found these flowers difficult to locate at all
>in hjaalmarch
>where they grow like fucking weeds
Sometimes I wonder how much gameply/story segregation is caused by the PC essentially being a self-sufficient murderhobo.
>>
>>51701296
>hero of the game is a grave robber and a mass murderer currently wearing armor and clothes he literally stripped off the corpses of people he killed earlier
>>
>>51701192
>>51701296
Maybe he's a pussy that's afraid of swamps full of giant spiders?
>>51698578
>I have not played it but from what I have read there are some unique ideas, and lots of uninspired garbage or purely nonsensical ideas going on. Like Dunmer and Argonians teaming up and releasing all Argonian slaves? There's no real justification for that. Lots of ESO's ideas are contrary to the logic of the world, as established by the previous 5 games.
"These two races are REALLY cool, I wish they weren't mortal fucking enemies! Oh wait I CAN DO THAT!" --The mind of a deranged lorewriter.

I mean I've wished Dunmer and the beast races got along, because they're all rather cool, but TES thrives on people being at least moderately dickish to each other.
>>
>>51701446
>but TES thrives on people being at least moderately dickish to each other.

They still are. There are some instances of dunmers being dicks to argonians and nords. One quest had me trying to stop argonians ploting to kill a dunmer woman and she would freak out if i aproached her while playing argonian (and some other quests have similar things) so there's more racial tension in dialogue with pc's then in skyrim. But then you can also play as any alliance so a lizard can join a tribe of redguards in Alik'r desert.
>>
>warring racial factions
Why do mmos still try perpetuate this shitty WoW meme
>>
>>51702272
"because copying the big guy will surely make me the next big guy"

this is what MMO developers actually think

never mind that the entire genre is in decline
>>
>>51697071
well why don't you just put the game on autopilot if you don't want to play it so badly?
>>
>>51695636
Imperials are renowned for not using spice and boiling their food, according to Red Kitchen Reader.
Other than that, Bosmer as most have said. Also considering that Orcs eat horses raw like animals, they probably aren't much better.
>>
ok so if the Thalmor can make Lorkhan's corpse just fuck off then why do they have personnel out in the mucky shitfields of Skyrim hunting down his worshippers
>>
>>51704336
They didn't do it, they just claimed to.
>>
>>51705033
Speaking of Thalmor claims, can anyone give me a rundown on what happened to the moons? I know the general situation, but not the details.
>>
>>51705033
TIDF pls go and stay go

>>51705069
Thalmor used ancient magic to make the moons fuck off, it was part eugenics project and part subjugating the Khajiit
>>
>>51705094
Now that you mention it, is there any lore on the khajiit born during the void nights?
>>
>>51705149
No, stillbirth is a bit much even for an M-rated game.
>>
>>51705155
but Tiber forcing Barenziah to have an abortion is A-OK
>>
>>51705213
Thats what she gets for being a slut.
All dunmer are sluts
>>
>>51705213
Seriously though, how can such horrible anti-Imperial propaganda exist without repercussions?
>>
>>51707458
There would have been. The man who wrote "The Real Barenziah" was to be executed in Daggerfall. However it was all a ruse, he escaped High Rock and fled to Morrowind with Barenziah.
>>
>>51696438
Actually, Morrowind's plot is based (some would say it's more like pure rip-off) on Nausicaa (manga, not the anime) and Dune. Dune was directly based on Muhammad though.
>>
>>51696992
Source for Vivec rewroting reality are the Sermons themselves which according to MK are factual account of how things went in this timeline atleast when Vivec was the Ruling King. Of course this isn't confirmed as canon and Sermons might be just religious propaganda.
>>
>>51707458
>>51707510
So it WAS the truth?
>>
>>51696438
>>51707678
A lot of things draw pretty heavily on the Nausicaa Manga, I got huge flashes Dark Souls when I finally read it. Goddamn that Manga was dark but good.
>>
>>51708138
It doesn't matter if it was true or not, anything that pictures the Empire or the emperors as anything but 100% saintly is supposed to be caught by the Imperial censors.
>>
>>51708162
Yeah, it's one of best comics ever made and it's influence on Japanese media has been so great that it gave birth to whole genre of apocalyptic science fantasy that has been invoked by so many JRPGs that it's become cliche of it's own. In the west it's sadly quite unknown and everyone associates Nausicaa with the anime that is arguably weakest film of Miyazaki.

Though one should not give Nausicaa all the credit for this because Moebius (who was good friend of Miyazaki) invented aesthetics it uses.
>>
>>51707678
What's the Nausicaa link in Morrowind? I sadly haven''t gotten around to much Morrowind.(I am a giant Hellsing-sized casul, and need my toggle sneak.)
>>
>>51708336
>and need my toggle sneak
>Playing Morrowind without the code patch
>>
>>51708336
Since someone else on the internet summarized it better than I ever could:
>People living in a hostile enviroment.
>Said hostile enviroment is inhabited by mostly insectoid creatures and giant fungi.
>People have to wear protective suits, with goggles I might add, to survive in this hostile land.
>Within these people, there is a small minority that rejects living in cities and instead become one with nature.
>A long gone ancient civilization with superior knowledge in technology and science.
>Giant monstrosities created by the said ancient civilization, whose power is compared with Gods.
>A prophecy involving a messiah figure.

Also, there's literal Valley of the Wind in the game as a tribute.
>>
>>51708403
Does the code patch need Tribunal installed from the beginning? I don't want to deal with the DB till I'm higher up and adding even mroe mods to delay them seems counterintuitive.

>>51708452
So, mostly aestetic but I do see your point, and when you mention it the final attack on the heart basically is the equivalent of Nausicaa siccing her radioactive "Son" on the central supercomputer. "Fuck your poison shortcuts, we'll do this our own way!"
>>
>>51708481
>and adding even mroe mods to delay them seems counterintuitive.
You shouldn't play Bethesda games if you're not comfortable with modding
>>
>>51708138
Officially, it's propaganda and banned, but dialogue between Barenziah and Plentius show that it is the truth, commissioned by the Lady herself iirc
>>
>>51708481
Oh, you're that guy...
>>
>>51708481
You can just uncheck Tribunal.esm from the launcher (or ini file if you want to feel more h4xor) you know? It isn't needed to run the game or code patch. Code patch just needs those exe patches that come with Tribunal and Bloodmoon.
>>
>>51696531
Yep. Viviec is a dick, on this there can be no dispute.
>>
>>51708212
>anything that pictures the Empire or the emperors as anything but 100% saintly is supposed to be caught by the Imperial censors.

Umm what? It's been few years since I read those books on imperial history, but from what I remember they seemed to be pretty accurate and definitely didn't portray emperors as pure or saintly. You known there's not even damnatio memoriae on Pelagius despite him being arguable was worst and most decadent emperor Tamriel has ever seen.

Not arguing that Imperial history isn't sanitized and glorified though, but what you're saying seems like gross exaggeration.
>>
>>51707767
Vivec a liar and a shit.
A SHIT!
>>
>>51699978
Just mod it and get x5 every levelup. Much less gamey and annoying.
>>
>>51703865
>Imperials are renowned for not using spice and boiling their food

SWEET CHRIST IMPERIALS ARE YANKEES!
>>
>>51708684
Vivec truly wants his race to to make the Endeavor and ascend to higher existence. Dagoth just wants to be the new godhead and sublime everyone into himself.
>>
>>51708757
He's still a bigger asshole than Cartman.
>>
>>51695808
>>51695900
Or mineral spices like salts.

And wait, how are they allowed to eat green molds?
>>
>>51708721
I'll try the Madd leveler mod
>>
>>51708825
>how are they allowed to eat green molds
It grows on the meat, so I guess it's kind of a loophole.
>>
>>51708825
Maybe Yiffer doesn't count mold or fungi as plant life? Are Bosmer allowed to eat mushrooms?
>>
>>51708825
Technically fungi aren't plants, and it would probably be bad to let a tree rot in their view anyway.
>>
>>
>>51708742
I thought that was already obvious from the way they're portrayed in Morrowind.
>>
>>
File: TomorrowindToday213-91-1.png (4MB, 1762x2400px) Image search: [Google]
TomorrowindToday213-91-1.png
4MB, 1762x2400px
>>
>>51711147
guar cavalry makes no sense, its a slow, clumsy animal and you'd be better of walking into battle on foot, than fighting off of that creature
>>
>>51708742
>YANKEES
That's not how you spell British.
>>
File: 02.jpg (239KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
239KB, 800x584px
>>51712501
I'm sure Cavalry Guar are much hardier and faster than the farm animal types. I wouldn't take a show pony to war, but pic related would do fine.
>>
>>51713345
Is that a Friesian?
>>
File: Vivec.jpg (213KB, 2327x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Vivec.jpg
213KB, 2327x1132px
Well at least Vivec looks good.
>>
>>51713885
They don't have a "Can't make buildings out of poetry" excuse this time, since it was done before.
>>
File: 1478792169932.jpg (877KB, 1280x927px) Image search: [Google]
1478792169932.jpg
877KB, 1280x927px
So I read "A Khajiit C0DA" today, and it was alright.
I was kind of familiar with the guy's theories beforehand, so I knew what I was getting myself into. Luckily it incorporated some of his more fun theories and left out some of his more retarded stuff.

Probably going to read the side stories at some point.
>>
>>51708742
Not using spice and bioling food?

The amount of fucking seasoning and spices in american food is enough to give anyone not born in india indigestion.
>>
>>51714052
What's the gist, catman?
>>
>>51714529
Maybe he means specifically northeast types during the poor immkigrant waves where there were tons of Irish whose answer to "How do I cook this" always came down to "YE BOIL ET!"
>>
File: 1475482052038.jpg (922KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1475482052038.jpg
922KB, 2048x1365px
>>51714643
It's the fall of the Imperial City. The final cataclysmic struggle as the the Thalmor desperately try to erase Man and return to the Ur-Self, the forces of Men try to cling onto the world. All the while the Numidium looms closer, screaming world denial.

A disillusioned Catdude and his brethren try to stop the Thalmor, but all is still lost to Walk-Brass. His siblings die, but Catdude survives despite magic shenanigans and end up being rescued by Vivec and stuffed into the cargo hold of a voidship with the other survivors of the city.

From there on it follows Catdude, who doesn't age due to shenanigans, and the new Khajiiti society on the moons. Catdude is haunted by his past, and lives as a wanderer, but has particular ties to a Clan Mother. He saves a kid from bugs, gets a bro4lyfe elephantcat, gets lectured on religion by a new Clan Mother, and eventually meets Vivec again. He's not enthusiastic about Jubal or his project.

It's mostly episodic at this point, but it all comes together with a religious interpretation of the Khajiit's purpose in the Dream and a return to the Starry Heart.

It's around 60 pages. Decently written, but if you're into it just for the theories as opposed to the thing as a story then just read the author's r/teslore stuff. Some of it is dumb, but the stuff that ended up in the story is mostly just fun.
I'm not a huge fan of his theories, so I enjoyed it more as a story than theoretical work.
>>
>>51707678
>Morrowind's plot is based (some would say it's more like pure rip-off) on Nausicaa (manga, not the anime)
I honestly don't see it.
>>
>>51714020
Where?
>>
>>51708328
>Nausicaa film weak

Shit if that movie was bad, how good is the comic?

And where do I find it?
>>
>>51715449
The ending is similar. Very similar really. Incredible tempting ancient power offers an easy solution to life's problems but asks an incredible price.

>>51715639
Before? It's been shown in Morrowind.

>>51715675
Plenty of sites have it online for free, it's really REALLY good.
>>
>>51715675
>Shit if that movie was bad, how good is the comic?
Nausicaa had two releases in the US, the first one is the mid eighties and had a bunch of deleted scenes and flubbed translations, he might mean that one.
But the manga is also better than the original movie.
>>
>>51714020
does anyone have a lik to that original set of questions and answers because I have a nagging feeling that the "buildings made of poetry" line wasn't actually in the question asked and was a misinterpretation by ZOS
>>
>>51715390
I personally thought it was pretty good, especially with the music to give me feels. Though I had not done much theory-reading beforehand, and am still a little sad that humans won't make it.
>>
>>51715811
I had been exposed to the stuff that essentially makes up the clan mother's view and the ending beforehand, so I kind of saw it coming once I realised it was the same author.
But yeah, it was fun. Have you read the additional stories?
>>
>>51715753
It was a deliberate misunderstanding, they didn't want to make brilliantly colored glass structures and had a cop out.

Many pictures of the Exodar and other shiny as fuck WoW buildings were posted in reply to mock them
>>
>>51705094
how can I know the moons actually vanished and it wasn't some massive Illusion spell cast on the planet or something?
>>
File: 02.png (787KB, 1280x678px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
787KB, 1280x678px
>>51701296
>hey don't wander in the marsh at night, spooky shit happens
>hey the marsh is strange don't go there man
>go there
>there's spiders and chauruses
>>
>>51712779
England, New England, whatever.
>>
>>51716737
Invisibility on a PERSON is an incredibly taxing spell. Invisibility on the split-corpse of a God would probably require every mage throughout history to complete.
>>
>>51716793
Charruses are like a 3.5 spoop, spiders at low levels are a little scary but thank GOD they don't have a version that levels with the player.

I do NOT want to deal with swarms of Spider Deathlords.
>>
>>51716737
if it was just an illusion the Khajiit wouldn't have given a shit
>>
>You'll never genocide the entire mer race and use their blood to resurrect Lorkhan to team up with Talos and fuck over the other Divines for being little bitches
How do you cope with this feeling lads
>>
>>51716846
well, considering the Thalmor are pretty good wizards in general, if anyone could do it, it would be them.
>>
>>51716793

You never found the ghost in the swamp did you?
>>
http://markydaysaid.tumblr.com/post/157216567101/wip-of-some-elder-scrolls-related-stuff-ive#notes

Whelp, someone reminded him of canon goddammit.
>>
>>51714529
Regional Dialect. To Yuropoors, Yankee, or Yank means American. To Americans, particularly Southerners, it means Northerners/Northeasters.
>>
>>51708328
>Nausicaa with the anime that is arguably weakest film of Miyazaki
You mean Kiki's Delivery Service.
>>
>>51716890
Is this the guy who made the cuck shit? If so, I'm not surprised.
>>
>>51716961
He made a lot of shit, but yeah a good chunk is cuck shit.
>>
>>51692249
Then how do you explain the love letter and pelenial?

>hurr we regressed so far we have cyborgs and time machines durr
>>
>>51692921
See, that may have had the opposite result, instead of a relatively quick, clean end by Alduin leading into the next Kalpa the world may be doomed to entropy and rot.

>>51692937
Or in Kirkbride's fanfic Numidium going berserk.

>>51694212
You DEFINITELY get attacked by some if you're not careful.

>>51694257
What armor is that?
>>
>>51708452
But morrowind is based off pokemon because there's pokemon tributes in the game.
>>
>>51717241
>What armor is that?
Nordic Mail with iron arm guards and gauntlets
>>
>>51717241
>What armor is that?
Looks like Nordic Ringmail maybe?
>>
>>51717241
Alduin in TESV was just throwing a tantrum and wanted to be in charge of something again
TLDB was sent by Akatosh to tell him to man the fuck up and get ready for his actual janitorial duties in an indeterminable period of time
>>
>>51716012
I haven't - I only read that one because it was linked once. I am not that deeplore.
>>
>>51717332
Fanfic has nothing to do with TES lore so why read them if they add literally nothing and instead convolute what is already established?
>>
What race would make the best shitposters?
>>
>>51717992
Altmer are factually the biggest shitposters.
>>
>>51717992
A lot of Dunmer sound Australian as of Skyrim.

And we all know nobody could take first and second place shitposter from Clavicus Vile and Sheogorath.
>>
>>51718076
>still believing the bs moot spouted

He claimed to be a poofter for years anon. He was nothing but a glorified shitposter that stabbed us all in the back. Fuck you for triggering me you cunt.
>>
File: Bretic Twitter.jpg (47KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
Bretic Twitter.jpg
47KB, 640x451px
>>51717992
Highland Bretons. If they're anything like Scotland, Bretic Twitter would be a sight. Also, you can meet a Breton Chav in Morrowind.

Other than that, Dunmer would be Australia and Japan rolled into one. Altmer would just be Japan posting about how Humans are awful in broken Tamrielic.
>>
>>51718237
>surrender monkeys shitposting

I wish. That would give them some leniency for being the worst race.
>>
>>51718249
Surrender to who? The Empire?

Besides, the real worst race is whichever one is your favorite.
>>
>>51718323
Bretons are based on English/French culture.
French are surrender monkeys.
Medieval aesthetics are generic as fuck. Which race has the generic medieval aesthetics? The Breton.
>>
>>51718374
Loosely based on.

Not the actual French.

What xraceposters get on here every week, day in and day out saying Bretons need to be removed from the games, that anyone who likes them needs to stick to D&D, and that castles are too generic? Your favorite race is the worst.
>>
File: 1470720255507.jpg (128KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
1470720255507.jpg
128KB, 1100x619px
>>51717992
The Khajiit literally form their entire culture around being as duplicitous and clever as possible. Everyone else adopted the shitposting, but they were born of it. Molded by it.

>>51718374
For most of their history France did pretty good in wars. And there have been plenty of anons compiling together all the info about the Bretons and High Rock that are cool. By your argument, Nords are generic as fuck because vikings are medieval, despite all the other lore that surrounds them.
>>
>>51718455
My fave race is Breton. Check and mate friendo.
>>
File: SAM_3213.jpg (117KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3213.jpg
117KB, 1600x1200px
>>51716801
One has a type of clam chowder named after them.

The other invented musy peas
>>
>>51712779
Read foreign accounts of British cooking from the 16, 17th, 18th and 19th century; they say that grilling/roasting is king and that they overspiced and oversweetened everything whenever possible.
>>
>>51718536
>Everyone else adopted the shitposting, but they were born of it. Molded by it
I thought that was the orcs
>>
>>51718455
Actually I just don't like them for a history of being a bunch of dickbags. Like I know everyone in Tamriel is a dickbag, but something about Breton dickbaggery pisses me off like crazy.
>>
>>51718560
Clam Chowder is based on British recipes though.
>>
>>51718560
>clam
In the sixteenth century in Cornwall and Devon, the vocabulary in vogue was "chowder" and "chowter" (a version of "jowder"), which meant fish-seller. Other usage which attests to its use in England in the middle of 18th century is in a novel by Tobias Smollett in which one of the characters states, "My head sings and simmers like a pot of chowder".[6] Cookbooks of the period included recipes for "Chowder, a Sea Dish". In 1830 an English baked dish made with salmon and potato was called a chowder.[10]
>>
>>51718536
Every culture had fluctuating history. Did you know any classic frenchies? No you didn't. All we have to go on are modern french and they're all scum. Gutless, incapable scum. And do you even know what the word viking means? It means pirate. It's not a race it's an occupation.
Nords are dull and generic because they're danes. Simple. But the danes weren't gutless wrecks like the french.
>>
>>51718536
I could definitely see amazing banter between Dunmer and Khajiit. One calling another outdated Saltrice pickers, and being returned with being Azura's red headed step child.
>>51718574
Makes sense if that's when they rose to power. Trade does a lot when you get a lot of spices that you might not have ever seen before.
>>
>>51718574
And yet it all still tastes like shit.

>Don't bother cleaning out the kidneys before putting them in pie
>literally plucked grass outside their house to add flavor to meat sitting in boiling pots all day.
>Upper class foods focused more on color and presentation than actual flavor.

Sounds like Imperial cuisine to me.
>>
>>51718586
>>51718600

And it was only until it came to the colonies did it actually get good.
>>
File: d05EH.jpg (143KB, 599x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d05EH.jpg
143KB, 599x1000px
>>51718579
>a history of being a bunch of dickbags.
Could you elaborate? The only things I can think of are sacking Orsinium with Redguards, and the one spy who failed Vivec.
>>
>>51718662
Talos was a Breton and a pretty massive dickbag. Bretons are all backstabby cunts who squabble over hills.
>>
>>51718662
Tiber is a pretty big dickbag desu
>>
>>51718604
>Nords are dull and generic because they're danes.
They're not. You may not have caught this despite everyone saying it, but TES race =/= IRL race.
>>
>>51718693
Okay traditional vikings are the old british term for pirates. Danes were the first "vikings" to fully make ground on UK soil.

The Nords were inspired heavily by Vikings which didn't exist, only Danes did. Ergo, Nords are similar to danes.
>>
>>51718684
>>51718687
So you just don't like Talos?
>>
>>51718705
More along the lines of like romanticized vikings and barbarians. Like how Redguards are Middle East/Africa and not specifically Morocco. Or how Imperials are similar to HRE with a sort of Far East sweet and sour flavor for Nibenese.

Think of it like this, a lot of Scandinavian countries used to wash and clean themselves weekly. This does not mean Nords do.
>>
>>51718796
So they're an amalgamation of several real life cultures, fictionalized and using similar aesthetics to what we would recognize as viking culture? That doesn't seem generic at all really. Seems pretty creative imho
>>
>>51718684
To be fair the squabbling for hills is not entirely because they're violent human but the geography of Highrock itself, similar to how European cultures formed.

>The rugged highland strongholds and isolated valley settlements have encouraged the fierce independence of the various local Breton clans,
>>
>>51718848
Not even the guy you were originally trying to say that to, famalam. It's just stupid when people say Bretons = French, Nords =Norway, Altmer = Japan, and try and act like modern Norwegian political structures and culture apply to Nords.
>>
File: 1412209002593.jpg (69KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
1412209002593.jpg
69KB, 400x380px
>>51718604
>No you didn't. All we have to go on are modern french
No. TES is not based on modern groups, you might as well try and say Hammerfell is ISIS.
>they're all scum. Gutless, incapable scum.
Hello, /pol/. Did Pierre fuck your girlfriend, or do you project your innate self loathing and insecurity ethnically?
>>
File: Tel_Mora.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tel_Mora.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
How hard would it be for a peasant to learn magic, assuming they have the capability?
>>
>>51716846
They probably pulled some bullshit with the remaining towers being used as an array.
Like they have to make a yuuge Amestris alchemy circle and they needed the permission of Lorkhan, which they got through Talos because he thought it'd be a laugh.
>>
>>51717154
Loveletter/C0DA takes place outside Nirn and Numidium is wrecking time itself. Also, Pelinal probably comes from a different kalpa anyway.
>>
>>51719282
>>51717154
Other than the super vague "Armor of the Future-time/Beams of heat/talking post-decapitation" what exactly is there that says he's actually a fucking cyborg?
>>
>>51716891
To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is a Northeasterner.
To Northeasterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.
>>
>>51719240
Depends where you are, and the time period. Fro second and third era, it's as easy as joining the Mages Guild, Telvanni, or a witch coven.
>>51719264
Must have cost an arm and a leg.
>>
>>51719307
The guy who wrote it. It's also implied by his severed head still talking and the "moths" smothering the loudmouth in his camp.

If that's not enough for you, I can't really stop you from grumbling.
>>
>>51719307
MK says so and given that he actually invented whole character and wrote everything about him, his word count.

Also, Pelinal ain't cyborg, but a robot made of nanomachines called something like fractal swarmfoam.
>>
>>51718684
Talos is human. The Breton you're thinking of is Hjalti.
>>
>>51719408
>he still thinks there's a shred of truth to the "Talos from Atmora" meme
>>
>>51719596
Ysmir is from Atmora you dolt. Talos isn't "from" anywhere.
>>
How would I go about making a Jojo class in Morrowind? Stands and all?
>>
>>51720088
That's more for the other thread. I'd imagine Conjuration, Hand to Hand, and having high personality would be important.
>>
File: 1456129918281.gif (3MB, 599x485px) Image search: [Google]
1456129918281.gif
3MB, 599x485px
>>51720088
There is a lot going on in Jojo, you'd have to try and narrow it down.
>>
>>51720226
Jotaro in particular, or abilities similar to his. Limit is Stardust Crusaders.
>>
>>51720250
Oblivion might be better, because you can stop time.
>>
>Fighting this guy in ESO
>Suddenly everything stops, assassins and bodyguards freeze in place
>Even I freeze until I break stun
>Primate Artorius
>This fucker froze time

I'm not much of a lore buff, but isn't that sort of thing like really, really fucking hard to do?

Not my playthrough but an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6aYFFnJpac
>>
>>51719308
screencapped
>>
>>51719317
Would it be easy for a non-dunmer to join Telvanni?
>>
>>51720937
Yeah. Just be an egotistical cunt interested in himself and nothing else. Think of them as Ryan and Rapture from Bioshock. They don't care who you are or what you do as long as you don't fuck with them (unless they say so)
>>
>>51719388
>his word count
No it doesn't. He created the character FOR bethesda. They're bethesdas not MKs. They decide what and where the lore goes, not him.

And the fact his bullshit is based on canon, doesn't add legitimacy to it, especially when Beth don't follow anything else he has written.
>>
>>51721005
>especially when Beth don't follow anything else he has written
You for real now.
>>
>>51721063
When did they add any of his C0DA shit after "alduin failing and now we're stuck in an infinite kalpa" have they added to the lore? That's right none.
>>
>MK writing
>Kimmune and Pelinal were created in this time. Unfortunately their kalpa was erased by a bunch of female dragons called Jills after one too many romps
>>
>>51721074
And the stuff about Pelinal being a robot from the future is from before that, and implied by the text.
>>
>>51721086
Not their kalpa, their timeline. They were from the same kalpa.
>>
>>51721074
>and now we're stuck in an infinite kalpa
why are so many "lore"fags so completely inept at understanding what happens in the games
>>
>>51721105
C0DA doesn't happen in the games you cunt.
>>
File: ONQCAdb.png (219KB, 900x1700px) Image search: [Google]
ONQCAdb.png
219KB, 900x1700px
>>51721098
>>
>>51721123
no but Alduin getting the everloving shit kicked out of him by a champion of Akatosh for throwing a tantrum and not being around to be the divine janitor at the end of the universe does
>>
>>51721074
>infinite kalpa"
I'm pretty sure that's not what happened. Alduin's failing wasn't him failing to do his task. He failed that the moment he decided to rule over a pile of ash instead of just consuming the world.

While MK's work isn't accepted wholesale, they still take the bits that they find work.
>>
>>51721141
Which results in an unending kalpa, ergo INFINITE
>>
>>51721144
>>51721141
read >>51721139

It says quite clearly, "An unending kalpa has been created".
>>
MK says Alduin dies.
The game, written by people that actually matter say Arngeir and Paarthurnax theorize he may return in the future to fulfill his destiny as the World-Eater.
>>
>>51721157
>fan interpretation is 100% accurate

lol

>>51721145
no you retard
if they were going for an infinite kalpa they'd have you absorb Alduin at the end of Skyrim
the conscious fragment of him that got knocked out of time by the early Tongues at the end of the Dragon War finally got displaced from the physical body it was occupying that, before the Marukhati Selectives instigated the Middle Dawn, was enforcing the rule of the Dragon Priests on the populace of Merethic Era Skyrim and NOT eating the world
Alduin flying around and resurrecting dragons to serve him is just a continuation of that enforcement of authority

and then this >>51721183
the actual game saying you didn't do shit to the greater cosmic cycle
>>
>>51721005
Except that MK still has access to "lore bible" (almost mythical data archive that contains the "canon" games are based) and regularly meets with his friends at Bethesda (includes Todd too) to discuss lore. His lore is still taken seriously and he in case you didn't know, he was never fired, but rather quit on his own for personal reasons.
>>
>>51721157
And I'm supposed to take a .png file with bold text as the TES Bible because...?
>>
>>51721202
>he was never fired, but rather quit on his own so he could violate the NDA in his fanfic.
>>
>>51721195
So because he's friends with people that hire friends, and because he didn't quit, everything he writes is canon even though he has nothing to do with the games anymore and instead writes his own retarded vision as seen here >>51721139? Seems more like they just allow him to use their assets because he can't do any damage to the IP.

>>51721195
>fan interpretation is 100% accurate
MK is fan interpretation mate.
>>
>>51721206
I got that image from people defending MK in this general lol. They said it was his so I believed them. My fault then
>>
>>51721234
are you still tisming out about Pelinal being a robot? Have you not read the Song of Pelinal? let me refresh your memory

>[And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL [which is] "The Star-Made Knight" [and he] was arrayed in armor [from the future time].

does this sound like an organic being to you
>>
>>51720937
Lots of other people have said it better and more in-depth than me, but they aren't racist. Snooty, sure, but they care more about your magical talent. They'll even raise up slaves as wizards.
>>
>>51721251
I'd love pelinal to be a robot anon. That would mean the longer the games go on the higher chances we'll get that masterpiece that blends tech and fantasy
>>
>>51721264
And tbqh, I enjoy MKs writing and C0DA. I just don't delude myself into thinking it's got any say in the games.
>>
>>51721253
Many of them are racists though (by virtue of being Dunmer), but because their ideology is basically strawman libertarism that doesn't matter.
>>
>>51721282
Wouldn't Altmer that prescribe to the Aldmeri doctrine be the biggest racists?
>>
>>51721139
>become nu-men
>TalOS
>married to vivec
this is all pure, putrid shit, thank god cuckbrides insanity is held back by the rest
>>
>>51721318
It was really great until the paragraph about Jubal-Lun-Sul, then became unadulterated shit, imo.
>>
>>51721282
>dunmer
>theocratic guild-based plantation society
>libertarian
Their almost as authoritarian as you can get.
>>
>>51721264
Morrowind already did that and it was awesome. Sadly science fantasy (like many good things) in TES pretty much died after that. Still, it could have been even more glorious as MW was originally supposed to be more science fantasy before they chickened out that it's turning too weird and started making Imperials romans etc.
>>
>>51721340
>Still, it could have been even more glorious as MW was originally supposed to be more science fantasy before they chickened out that it's turning too weird and started making Imperials romans etc.
Honestly, I think a full-on sci-fan MW would have been worse, without a solid grounding a setting just becomes random bullshit.
>>
Is /tgesg/ the most meta general in history?

>threads are called kalpa
>every weekend we have the same threads, same arguments, same shitposting with at best a new coat of paint slapped on
How do we end the cycle?
>>
>>51721394
By achieving Amaranth and leaving the dream behind. A summation of threads, kalpas, and conflicts that has the same chances even as the number of kalpas approach infinity.
>>
>>51721394
By creating another setting based on Thelema, Vedic philosophy, under-regarded ancient civilizations, and Star Wars which so perfectly encapsulates what makes MW good that every lorebeard on abandons TES, the Hypercrisis, conspiracy theories, etc. and migrates to out setting.
So basically, when we write "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius."
>>
>>51721139
Everything in "The Last Kalpa" reads like bad fanfiction. The focus is on the Nerevarine OC Donut Steel gaining CHIM and breaking MarySuetron, marrying OC Donut Steel 2, and making super duper half human, half angel, half demon, half kitsune, half elf god-children that attain everything forever.
>>
>>51721352
>without a solid grounding a setting just becomes random bullshit.
Well, to be honest the setting used to be random bullshit before Redguard (which takes place in second era and is ironically most advanced TES setting that feels more like 1600s) and MW was first game that actually defined the setting while retconning tons of stuff, so it wouldn't have felt odd because there really wasn't any grounding in the first place. MW was the thing that built solid ground for Elder Scrolls lore and setting we take for granted these days.
>>
>>51721511
>MarySuetron
Numidium isn't a character. Look up Fred Saberhagen's Berserkers.
>>
>>51721394
Well we came close when we had a brief stint in trying to create our own TES-verse with all new lore and kalpas and MK-levels of bullshit.
>>
>>51721549
It still has Mary Sue Powers and goes on a nihilistic Megatron-esque bend. Hence MarySuetron.
>>
>>51721552
I've been visiting these generals for few years, but don't really remember anything like that unless you mean it in meta-sense. Was that in older times when people invented Scrollhammer and UESRPG?
>>
This talk of the Numidium made me think how cool it would be to have a show like MegasXLR (an older Cartoon Network cartoon about two dudes with a big robot) except the main protagonists are Divayth Fir and Yagrum Bagarn and they go around in their rebuilt Numidium.
>>
>>51721591
Nah it was a bit later than that. I don't remember the exact date, but it was essentially a homebrew verse that people were making up on the fly so others could use if they wanted something kinda like TES, only not.
>>
>>51721579
>Mary Sue Powers
Might as well call the Death Star or the One Ring Mary Sues then.
>>
>>51721596
>>51721591
Actually I think it was when this board had regular NaNoWriMo threads, so that could be why we did it.
>>
>>51721432
This is basically what C0DA is trying to teach to us and yet only few get it. Abandon the ship, it's the end, but there is new Amaranth and that Amaranth is YOU.

OpenMW, Tamriel Rebuilt and associated projects are a good start I guess.
>>
>>51721597
That's stupid, The Death Star doesn't talk to people(which Numidium does according to .png Bible), and it has a wide range of god powers that wipe out most of the world, unlike the Ring which made gave one hobbit radiation sickness, and one guy the ability to have a buttload of power but still die real easy.
>>
>>51721596
Is there some archive of this stuff? I'm genuinely interested even if that kinda sounds like it could be cringy as fuck.
>>
File: muh werewaifu.png (1MB, 1329x671px) Image search: [Google]
muh werewaifu.png
1MB, 1329x671px
>>51720874
I mean I don't think anything with time was something you could just do. You had to do a lot of prepwork ahead of time since you were basically doing a Dragonbreak. At least that's what I get from the lore.

Also Hildegard is cute
>>
>>51721624
The Numidium doesn't talk to people, it uses linguistic weapons. It has no personality.
>>
>>51721621
Maybe the LJ bullshit that happens after Jubal-Sun-Lin or whatever is just because Kirkbride was fucking tired of MW and wanted to move on.
>>
>>51721794
According to the bad fanfic>>51721139
it has enough of one to want to wage war with existence.
>>
>>51721332
I can't help but feel that some of that stuff is outlandish for the sake of being outlandish, its kinda retarded, CODA to TES is what age of sigmar is to warhammer
>>
>>51721837
Critical fault affecting the targeting program. Like when Pelinal went apeshit on the Khajiit, but at a much larger scale.
>>
>>51721879
>outlandish for the sake of being outlandish
What's wrong with that 2bh?
>>
>>51721903
Everything.
>>
>>51721938
Explain please
>>
>>51721951
>Suddenly robots
>Alduin killed for totes real guys
>Numidium killing all the races Kirkbride didn't like
>Nerevarine, Kirkbrides Original Character Do Not Steal shows up to save the day again
>Fantasy becomes Cyberpunk with more 'It's magic I don't gotta explain this shit' moments
>Kirkbride's two OCs fuck and have a god child
>God child is the strongest thing ever the end.

If this was written by anyone else, this story would have been ripped apart for being total shit.
>>
Will vivec return in the next installment of the franchise? Or has he become a new godhead and achieved the amaranth? Perhaps the next elder scrolls game will be in his dream then?
>>
You can notice the arrival of certain posters by a dramatic drop in thread quality.
>>
>>51722701
Yes, as example see >>51722701
>>
>>51721594
Living Here In Tel Fyr
Fighting villains from afar
You gotta find first gear in your giant dwemer car
You dig dwemer robots
I dig dwemer robots
We dig dwemer robots
Chicks dig dwemer robots
Nice.
>>
>>51722976
I forgot to add, there'd also be Dagoth ur sitting in the backseat.
>>
>>51722976
>>51723042
Given that in TES setting "many worlds" hypothesis is confirmed for real, I'm pretty sure there's a timeline with that.
>>
>>51722031
no, no, no...
>>
File: 1469197935353.jpg (380KB, 900x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1469197935353.jpg
380KB, 900x1436px
Are the Nords right to hate Dunmer?
>>
>>51723631
Well, the conflict with them is so ancient that no-one even has any idea who started the whole thing. I bet it was the Nords though given that they conquered Morrowind once and were very warlike.
>>
>>51721195
Do you NOT get a soul from him? And I thought the tyranny was just a hobby till it was time to end it.
>>
>>51721251
Yeah, that's pretty solid, but wasn't the bracketed stuff the best guess of a historian? An "in universe error" ig Beth decided not to get too weird?
>>
>>51723937
You do not get a soul. He's the only dragon who's soul you don't absorb minus the ones miraak nabs
>>51723984
It was either faded text or partial translations. Either way there's more evidence to Pelinal being nonhuman than there is to it.
>>
>>51723984
No, the text actually puts "[text lost]" into brackets if that's the case.
>>
>>51724035
>>51724259
Then what do they mean? Attempted translation? Blurry/smeared but still semi legible text?
>>
Was anyone else disappointed how the floating bits of Hermaeus Mora in Skyrim were purely tentacles and didn't have any of the pincer motif that set him apart from most other Lovecraftian things?
>>
File: Hermaeus_Mora.gif (99KB, 112x121px) Image search: [Google]
Hermaeus_Mora.gif
99KB, 112x121px
>>51724380
I hate how modern interpretations of Lovecraft just mean tentacles. The floating eyes reminded me of shoggoth but of course everyone has to add DUDE TENTACLES LMAO

I'm disappointment TES doesn't have more on the demons too, as Hermaeus Mora is said to be a "demon from Atmora," whatever that means. Is there any equivalent to something like a Balrog in TES lore?
>>
>>51724521
Demon is just a term that originally meant Daedra before that word was invented. You know back in old days Oblivion was more like hell and everything was black and white. It was later retconned to be just old Imperial way to say Daedra with an implication that they're bad spirits.
>>
>>51724313
It's a transscription, not a translation.
>>
>>51724521
I mean, only two of lovecraft's critters had anything like pincers. The Yithian cone-bodied hosts and the Mi-Go.

>>51724637
Then what makes the brackets different?
>>
>two threads go by pretty quickly (sometimes we last the whole weekend with one)
>third one limping on
shall we put it out of its misery?
>>
>>51721991
>If this was written by anyone else, this story would have been ripped apart for being total shit.

It IS total shit.
>>
>>51725214
I kinda agree despite being huge fan of MK stuff. Thing is that C0DA isn't really story at all. It feels and reads more like allegory of how MK feels that (especially that supersentai part) commercial success killed Elder Scrolls so canon is dead and rebirth should be done through free for all fanfics. Not that I don't agree with it's message, but it doesn't seem to have anything to offer beyond that.

Though it was supposed to be comic originally and I bet it would have been much more fun that way since there's quite many nice action scenes.
>>
>>51724380
The shrine in Kolbjorn Barrow had them.
>>
>>51725036
I've seen worse threads on saturdays, so meh
>>
>>51723797
Did Nedic people inhabit Morrowind before the Chimer settlement? I mean besides the Dwemer.
>>
>>51725540
And there was a book and altar dedicated to sharp pincers, and there were plenty of "Hollow" pincers as containers/founts of mana/stamina, but not on his actual floating aspects
>>
>>51719603
>The guy who did all the work was from Atmora
>The faggot general dickbag was a Breton
Really makes you think
>>
>>51725624
Yes, there was a human race once inhabiting Morrowind, but if I remember correctly there's not any sources detailing what kind people they were. Also, I'm not really sure how they died out.
>>
>>51725745
>Wulharth preceeded Tiber by over 2000 years
Veritably activates my almonds, my dude haha
>>
>>51721139
>All this terrible fanfiction
It hurt to read
>>
>Numidium is a Marry Sue
What the hell did I wake up to?
>>
>>51726275
Merry Sue. He's a very jolly world ending robot.
>>
>>51726275
He used the wrong word, but that whole "Numidium comes back to fuck shit up" is retarded beyond belief
>>
>>51726275
You came back to morons.
>>
>>51726275
>>51726435
>>51726458
>Using a word to describe Numidium OP plz nerf powers
>Can't focus on anything but the word used to describe it

And I thought 40kfags were dumb.
>>
>>51726812
If the majority of us are calling you a retard, it's because you're a retard.
You might as well go into a Planscape thread, call The Lady of Pain a Mary Sue, and when you get called a retard, sperg out and say "I was just trying to say she's too OP plz nerf".
>>
>>51726812
>>Can't focus on anything but the word used to describe it
But that's the opposite of my post, anon.
>>
File: Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI
>>
>>51727432
fuck off
>>
File: Ending! World! ALMSIVI!.png (635KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
Ending! World! ALMSIVI!.png
635KB, 973x821px
>>51727444
Ending! World! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>51727464
Dagoth Ur
>>
>>51727432
>>51727464
Chaika is garbage and so is Vivec
>>
>>51727520
This
>>
File: 1392610164102.png (327KB, 1490x2210px) Image search: [Google]
1392610164102.png
327KB, 1490x2210px
can't have a thread without this
>>
Ending words!

POOP CHIGGER
>>
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
>>
>>51727878

no its poop chigger
>>
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
>>
>>51729198
No they aren't.
>>
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI, you cunts.
>>
>>51726995
>If the majority of us are calling you a retard, it's because you're a retard.
Or maybe you are all retards. Equal possibility. I'm using it to describe how the Nerevarine is suddenly more powerful than a god machine that destroyed the world and beat back countless other heroes, yet it's Kirkbride's love child that manages to destroy it.

But no, all you care about is the naming of Numidium with the nickname 'MarySuetron'.

You. Are. All. Retards.

The ending of the words is DUMFUK
>>
The ending of the world is ALMSIVI
>>
>>51729263
poop chigger
>>
>>51729213

no its poop chigger
>>
>>51729250
Stay mad, niggerfaggot.
>>
>>51729250

No. It's poop chigger
>>
>>51729294
And what in the world is that?
>>
>>51729283
Stay dumb

The ending of the words is DUMSHIT
>>
The ending of the words is ESO ISN'T CANON
>>
>>51729365
Y
>>
The ending of the words is ESO is canon
>>
>>51729380
N
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.