[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 57

File: Image (3).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Fuck your creatures edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

>Thread Topic
What's your best story from when you were new to magic?
>>
>>51681083
When I was a kid I once traded a Penumbra Wurm that I got from a precon for an Urborg Drake that I didn't even have a deck for because I liked the art better. Not that Penumbra Wurm was a good card anyway but that's easily the dumbest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>51681083
>What's your best story from when you were new to magic?
Sorry, OP. Nobody has "good" stories from when they were new to Magic.
>>
>>51681324
Tell any Funny stories you have then.
>>
File: chastise.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
chastise.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>51681083
I stole this from a K-Mart to get started: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/9th_Edition/Theme_decks#Army_of_Justice
My brother kept getting butthurt when I played Chastise on his shit. We also thought 40 cards were legal at the time. We wuz dumb.
>>
>>51681366

I once jerked off in a girls milkshake when I worked at Burger King.
>>
>>51681366
I guess >>51681377 also kind of counts as a funny story?
>>
>>51681377
>shoplifted an "army of justice" deck
I appreciate the irony of this.
>>
>>51681083
The people I played with convinced me that X meant any number, so they ran a deck with a bunch of fireballs.
You can see where it went from there.
>>
>>51681389
Damn, that chick was lucky. I usually have to pay extra for my jizz shakes.
>>
>>51681083
>be a fat loser kid
>new recruit to boy scouts
>only perspective friends play mtg
>scrounge up enough for a deck
>played grass/psychic in pokemon, insects/spellcasters in yugioh
>each intro deck in 8e is one colour so I go green, my main
>next campout, tell perspective friends I've got a deck
>dick bag kid overhears, challenges me to a game
>now's my time to shine by knocking out his pride using a precons
>he's playing vampire tribal
>trampling over his blockers is easy-peasy, but I can't block whatever he swings at me, since he flies, pretty blunt damage race.
>I functionally have 1 turn left, he has two, it's my turn's start, and I don't know how I could up my damage enough to win before he gets me.
>Draw, fake a sigh, swing out to do what I can.
>His turn, he chuckles, "You really didn't out any flyers in you deck? Haha" swings for game.
>I light up, tap 3.
>"WING SNARE!" In an unrivaledly homosexual, giddy tone. Top of my fucking ten year old lungs.
>even had a fucking lisp
>everyone breaks down laughing between my turning a game and my remarkably effeminate declaration.
>swing out and win next turn
>get called a wing snare, sometimes lisping it, for next 6 years
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51681083
I got back into Magic around Kamigawa and we were playing some casual kitchen table games. He was playing killspells.dec and I was playing samurai tribal. As with any shitty game we went to like turn 30 or so and had most of our lands out. I was infuriating him because of pic related. What we didn't know at the time because the equips we used didn't have reminder text was that you can only equip at sorcery speed. So our turns would consist of him playing half a dozen kill spells and me equipping my samurai in response with Oathkeeper. I still run this card in my Toshiro for the memories.
>>
>>51681083
okie
>first game of magic
>friends say i'll "learn as I go"
>be given coalgate treefolk tribal from lorwyn
>we do 6 man multiplayer
>everyone ignores me because I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing
>comes down to me and one guy who has 2 life left because someone shoved that unblockable kraken from time spiral up his ass
>but he has a huge fucking board
>and all I've got is some shitty treefolk dudes sitting around looking board
>read the cards in my hand very carefully
>"what does swampwalk do?"
>they tell me
>"So if I play this?"
>guy who loaned me the deck flips out like the crowd on a worldstar fight video
>everyone laughing and shit
>the remaining opponent looks concerned
>play urborg, and attack him with bog-strider ash
>gg no re mach
and that was the beginning of my descent into cardboard addiction.
>>
File: mtg_online__braids_by_udoncrew.jpg (111KB, 731x600px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_online__braids_by_udoncrew.jpg
111KB, 731x600px
Anyone want to help me cut 2 cards out for 2 more lands in my Braids deck?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/braids-conjurer-adept-u/
>>
>>51681682
>Wing Snare on his turn

Fucking cheater.
>>
File: Rashmi.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Rashmi.png
145KB, 223x311px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rashmi-eternal-loop-crafter/

I have a generic UG Rashmi deck, but without any combo / extra turn cards.

The deck is at 100 cards, but I'm not comfortable with the land count in the deck (needs more), AND I have a pile of cards that I maybe want to run.

The cards I've been considering are in the maybeboard, I don't want all of them, but a few of them like Rhystic Study should definitely go in, but I can't decide what to take out.
>>
Okay /edh/, I have numerous questions for you. Theoretical fun-stuff that'll probably get some discussions going.

1. Planeswalkers are now able to be your commander, carte blanche, and there are no pre-bans. Who do you build first? Who do you want to build? Who do you pray you don't see across the table from you?

2. Your playgroup wants to try something new- Legendary-Free commander. You may use any creature as your commander, but your deck may not contain a legendary anything. Who do you build first, who do you want to build, and who do you hope gets left out of the command zone?

I'd totally build a Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast deck first, and just hope no one brings a Ugin deck. As far as cards for legendariless commander, I'd totally want Soulfire Grand Master and all the cards in that cycle, Disciple of the Ring, and Skill Borrower.
>>
>>51681898
You really don't have enough artifacts to justify Voltaic Key.

Thoughtcast also seems pretty mediocre.

Also, you should get a Treachery, and Winding Canyons seems perfect for your deck.
>>
>>51681898
>>51682056
I'm also not a huge fan of Gigantoplasm.
>>
>>51681905
Huh. It is a sorcery, It might've been during my main 2, targeting his one big dude. Forgive me, it's been 14 years.
>>
>>51682056
Oh winding canyons is amazing and if i had a Tretchery I would run one but i don't. I'll definetly drop the Gigantoplasm since he's pretty mediocre, the voltaic key is so i can get extra mileage off of Strionic resonator or Crystal Shards which has been super useful
>>
File: 2nx51po.jpg (122KB, 664x444px) Image search: [Google]
2nx51po.jpg
122KB, 664x444px
I'm building Ulrich Werewolf tribal. Yes, I understand it's not gonna be great.

How do I make it suck less?
>>
>>51682400
By having Xenagod as your commander.
>>
>>51681083
Best I got is that I tapped to block for like a full year. Fucking scumbags kept letting me do it.
>>
>>51682400
>>51682414
Ruric Thar would work more, but assuming you want Ulrich specificly, maybe put Ruic Thar in and other effects that punish spells being played
>>
File: Tamanoa_CS.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tamanoa_CS.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>51682043
I would change my colorless deck's commander to Ugin so goddamn fast. Or maybe even Karn. Outside that, I'd probably also build Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. The rare colorless mirror matches might suck, but there's nothing stopping me from changing to one of my Eldrazi here, so whatever, I'd be all for seeing what happens.

For legendary-free, I'd probably try and build some dumb shit Tamanoa deck, just to see if I could make it work.
>>
>>51682414
Fuck's sake I just want Wolf tribal, and when I posted I knew this would be the first answer. C'mon Anon, you're better than that.

>>51682495
Smart idea. Price of Glory and Mana Barbs effects are probably good ideas. I'll see about Thar - trying to keep the deck Wolves and Werewolves. I'll probably add 5 "flex" slots because I don't want it to suck ass (my meta isn't bad enough for that tier of theme deck).
>>
File: syövä hirvitys.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
syövä hirvitys.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>51682043
>1. Planeswalkers are now able to be your commander, carte blanche, and there are no pre-bans. Who do you build first?

I quit the format forever because it immediately and irrevocably goes to shit.

>2. Your playgroup wants to try something new- Legendary-Free commander. You may use any creature as your commander, but your deck may not contain a legendary anything. Who do you build first

This adorable little fella.
>>
Best etb creatures in blue?
>>
>>51682043
>1. All planeswalkers can now be commanders
Start a new format called Elder Dragon Highlander that uses the old rules without planeswalkers.

>2. Soulfire Grand Master infinite combo.dec, make them feel regret for making this dumb suggestion
>>
>>51681083
>be me
>6 years old
>me and older bro save up allowances/bday/christmas money
>finally get to the ONE lgs that sells mtg back then
>ice age just came out
>pick up an ice age starter deck+a bunch of packs
>also some packs of the dark and a few others i dont remember
>i dont remember what bro buys
>mom drops us off at friends house
>make new deck
>me+bro+friend+his 2 bros stay up all night eating pizza and playing mtg

ice age is still my fav set i love the art and the atmosphere of the cards. polar kraken and scaled worm are my fav cards
>>
>>51682794
Palinchron
Great Whale
Peregrine Drake
Gilded Drake
Diluvian Primordial
Chancellor of the Spires
Venser, Shaper Savant
Sower of Temptation

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+@(+[U])&text=+[enter]+[battlefield]+[when]&type=+[%22Creature%22]&rating=+%3E[4.0]
>>
File: 1470681638980.jpg (61KB, 312x560px) Image search: [Google]
1470681638980.jpg
61KB, 312x560px
How does /edh/ deal with enchantments and artifacts in mono-black?
>>
>>51682928
>Enchantments
Spine of Ish Sah, Scour from Existence, Oblivion Stone, and Karn
>Artifacts
Gate to Phyrexia, Phyrexian Tribute, and the four listed above.
>>
>>51682928
Destroy target permanent like Argentum armor and etc:.
or maybe sac effects like smokestack?
>>
File: firefox_2017-02-11_18-08-51.png (1MB, 1013x533px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-02-11_18-08-51.png
1MB, 1013x533px
>>51681083
Me and my friend were playing randoms at DoTP 2012 on Steam on Two-Headed Giant. He was playing the monored burn deck and I was playing the simic deck.

The enemy team had an elven piper on their board and my partner wanted to kill it. I told him to hold off until they used it to put a big fattie to the battllefield, which they did a turn later.

He then immediately kills their piper, and I casted Aether Mutation on the fatty, which gave me 8 plant tokens. I then casted Mass Polymorph, and the picture posted is my boardstate afterwards.

Needless to say, that was very satisfying and the enemy team even complimented the move.
>>
File: Gate to Phyrexia.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gate to Phyrexia.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>51682928
>>
>>51682690
riku would be better. run blue clones and copy the flipped werewolves.
>>
>>51681682
I laffed, that was pretty good

>>51681701
For the longest time I had no idea artifacts equipped at sorcery speed either. Needless to day it was pretty embarrassing when I finally played someone who did know that.

>>51681706
When I first started playing there was one kid in the group of us whose dad had played for a long time. He got a bunch of old cards from his dad while we all had shitty precons from the current set and whatnot. One day the kid played a deck with Sol'kanar the Swamp King (probably specifically to fuck me over since I played black and white) and wrecked my ass all day long. I used to think that was so powerful lol.
>>
File: Image.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>51682982
I'd almost would rather run solvent to scour, but o-stone, karn, gate to phyrexia, smokestack, disk, ratchet bomb and powder keg are solid
>>
So I have found I love flavor decks and decks with lots of weaker cards with effects on them. I am currently making a blue/black rogue tribal under Sygg, River Cutthroat. The problem I am running into with this deck is how do I kill my enemies reliably and more easily than sloowly pinging them down with my swarm of unblockable 1/1s? I am still kinda new to magic so deck building is something I am learning.
>>
>>51683521
Buff effects in Blue/Black aren't great. Your options are basically Necropolis Regent, and a handful of others.

For finishers, you can always employ Rite of Replication and a million things to abuse it (sure, Gary isn't a rogue, but you're looking for reliability in a tribal deck, good luck with that)

Otherwise if you wanna be tricky, you could use those pingers to draw you towards real wincons (said wincons don't have to be strong, but can still be fun). I like the Spell Crumple/Spin into Myth/Hinder + Tunnel Vision combo. Very spicy.

Another that I've always wanted to try in those colors is Spy Kit + Donate (the creature the spy kit is attached to) + Eradicate. It's shitty but entertaning.

Another would be Grim Reminder + Hive Mind + any spell cast off hive mind + way to put that spell back in your library. It's absurdly jank and shitty, but one day I will deal my opponents 6 damage, and I will enjoy it! Bonus points if you can make infinite black mana, or at least absurd amounts of it - then you can just win outright!
>>
>>51681083
>be total newb amongst seasoned neckbeards
>lent shitty old goblin tribal for a multiplayer
>alpha neckbeard playing sneak attack eldrazi
>systematically destroys every other player with impunity
>manage to pull out a win with goblin sparksmith because no one had paid attention to me all game
>>
>>51683710
This gives me an idea.

I want to run a ton of stupid jank combos (spy kit combos being a major portion). Do I go Five-color and embrace the jank? I'm talking every combo needs at least 4-5 pieces, but a lot of them can share enablers (for example, almost every spy kit combo will involve either control elements or donating the kit'd creature).
>>
>>51681083
>What's your best story from when you were new at Magic?
Alright, I think I've got one
>started playing around M13, picked up on the game fairly quickly, this happened sometime between RTR and Gatecrash
>playing with a buddy of mine who had been playing for a while then
>I had a mill deck Shut up, I was still new, and it actually wasn't bad for a mill deck and he had an infect deck
>we actually swapped decks for the hell of it
>we get into the game, and I get some good shots in and bring him to 9 poison
>he's got the mill rolling hard though, and he decks me out the turn before I can get in for the kill
>suddenly a thought pops into my head
"Wait, so I can do stuff on my upkeep, right? And that all happens before I draw?"
>"Yep."
"Okay, tap Throne of Geth, sacrifice to itself. You're at 10 poison."
>he sits there for a little bit processing what just happened
>"Huh. Good game."
>we start laughing our asses off
>>
>>51683735
How did you win with a creature that only deals damage to you and a creature?
>>
>>51683793
Maybe he mixed up it up with goblin sharpshooter?
>>
>>51682136
There is no forgiveness in /edhg/, only Colgate.
>>
Hey you buncha fucking faggots how do you feel about ninjuttsu. I really wish there were more than ten cards with the ability because i think its dope as fuck to use. Think it will ever come back?
>>
>>51684001
I love it, it feels like it should have been U/B's keyword but with a name like that, it's not happening. If we ever go back to Kamigawa, I can see it returning, especially since it's one of the few (if only) keywords in the block people liked. As for getting back to Kamigawa, good luck on that.
>>
File: IMG_0859.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0859.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone else get some sick loot recently? Just got back from GP Pittsburgh.
>>
File: 1417844717168.jpg (256KB, 960x895px) Image search: [Google]
1417844717168.jpg
256KB, 960x895px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/everying-stays/

I'm trying to figure out what I should cut for Rite of Passage? Or is it not good enough considering how spare indestructibility is in my deck? I'd really love to use it, but between flavour and utility, I can't justify cutting whatever's place it'd be taking.
>>
>>51684001
It's allied XP counter this year, so there's a chance. Too bad it'll be mill related instead of 5-10 new ninjas and doing fun combat tricks + ETB
>>
>>51684230
Sorry im drunk, but what in the fuck does "its allied xp counter" mean?
>>
>>51684243
In 2015, we got enemy colored commanders that use XP counters. Last year was 4 colors, 2014 was mono-colored, etc.
>>
>>51684265
oh fuck so u/b commander hoping its ninja? Sorry bud but thatnks for explaining. I think lore and flavor wise ninjs fit u/b better than anything else, i'd fucking kill for some more ninjas.
>>
>>51684184
More like GP Australia
>>
File: IMG_5410.jpg (44KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5410.jpg
44KB, 500x257px
>>51683776
>mfw 1v1 magic will never be as fun as this ever again
>>
>>51682043
1. Tezzert the Seeker is up there, you can combo off pretty quickly with him.

2. Patron Wizard
>>
>>51684284
it's gonna be faeries
>>
>>51684395
I'd be okay with the fae desu
>>
>>51684230
>>51684265
ITT: people pulling stuff out of their ass. We will only know around September what it will be.
>>
>>51684420
Im not that dude, rather the drunkard speaking to them, but paying attention to patterns and making assumptions based off of those paterns =/= pulling shit out of your ass.

If the known knowledge holds any truth it will either be five colored or allied colored.
>>
>>51684001
Fantastic mechanic. Not too strong, but definitely has its strengths.

>>51684184
Got a foil Gamble and Expedition Cinder Glade for my Wort deck, and there's a Masterpiece Static Orb in the mail for my Slobad Meme of the Month deck.
>>
>>51684420
Don't they usually reveal the color theme somewhere in the summer?
But now that I'm thinking about it, aren't they going to have to repeat colors at some point? They've almost blown through everything possible.
>>
>>51684490
Patterns? From a company which, looking at the past five years, clearly is testing the waters* with random bullshit products every year?

I can see your argument happen, but with WoTCs flipflopping it really is just a crapshoot at this point.

* underprinting MM1, overprinting MM2, Commander's Arsenal being followed by Conspiracy, Anthology series, etc

>>51684521
>blown through everything

>Commander: whynot 5c edition
>Commander: Planar edition
>Commander: Tribal edition
>Commander: weheardyoulikedPartner
>Commander: Planeswalker Boogaloo

Nowhere has the focus be specifically on colours, let alone experience counters.
>>
>>51684490
>Five color
>Thinking they would ever do 5 five color decks with 2 alternate commanders per deck.

While ally colors is likely, assuming they will be experience counter based is an asspull.

Personally I hope they will just stop doing cycles so they can design what they want with fewer restrictions. Can you imagine actually getting 15 completely solid new legends this November?
Also if they don't break cycles this year it will be the next, or they start on repeats.
>>
>>51684844
Don't forget spoiling Kaladesh and Commander 2016 within like 2 weeks of each other
>>
>>51684395
I hope it's not zombies as there is loads of support for zombies, but it is currently the UB tribal of choice so I could see it happening.
>>
File: nevinyrral's disk.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
nevinyrral's disk.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>51682928
>>
File: Insidious.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Insidious.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>51684384
I play casual 60 card games with my EDH group between games, it's some of the most fun I have playing. It lets me relax and play more fun decks than when I play at events. I still bring shaman tribal to FNM though. People tend to have fun when I bust it out.

I do miss the days of not constantly thinking "how would I improve this decks consistency" and "X card would be better" but I still enjoy it. It helps that I limit myself to pauper so the people newer to 60 card formats aren't getting steamrolled by my collection dating all the way back to when I started playing in Stronghold.
>>
>>51685112
>shaman tribal
tell me more.
>>
>>51683776
>wasn't bad for mill

The only good mill is infinite mill. Anything less isn't cutting it.
>>
>>51683710
Thanks for the input. I think my best bet is just to be as toxic as fucking possible and make them helpless to me slowly cutting them to death. In my meta everybody is always too busy at different times for real edh games anyway. It should be managable in 1v1s.
>>
File: Thornbite Staff.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Thornbite Staff.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51685162
This is the only card that matters for Shaman tribal.
>>
>>51685516
I built a Vela Ninjutsu/Unblockable deck. It's fun and all, and I really enjoyed drawing 5+ cards a turn. The real trick is to draw those cards AND not seem like a threat. I've been targeted for the draw before "he must be up to something!" at which point I'd just play a wipe or bounce that hurt me just as badly as everyone else. If you dismantle a piece of your value engine for all to see, they stop being suspicious.

Combat damage is harder. The numbers are evident and up front. I mostly won with the deck through being a sneaky little jew (Gary or Vela + Rite of Rep, grinding value out of ETB/LTB effects, or pulling off my favorite combo of Ornithopter + Memnite + Intruder Alarm + Tradewind Ride + Vela).

The trick is finding what works for you. Blue/Black aggro is hard - it's easy to see you coming, you don't have readily accessible fast anthems, and most of your answers are either counters or board wipes (which actively fucks your gameplan).

It's hard, man. Really hard.

But man, I loved that deck. I don't know how many times I've heard "that's horseshit!" when I won after pinging everyone for 1-2 damage for 8 turns, and drew half my library while nobody viewed me as a threat, then comboing or doing something absurd.

And yet, the most salt I ever experienced was a game where I Silent-Blade Oni'd every player at the table once, and just cast little spells (cultivate and path to exile kind of stuff). The salt was biblical.

So yeah. Learn what appeals to you, I guess. Just know that U/B has a hard time with certain things, and aggro / death by cuts is one of em.
>>
>>51685471
This. Mill changes a 21/40/42/80/63/120 point game to a 93/186/279 point game.
>>
>>51685516
Bitterblossom and Equilibrium should help. Yes, I know they don't "work" together, but Bitterblossom gives you presence after a board wipe, and as rogues are typically cheap to cast Equilibrium will work out in your favor. You can even try to use it to return your own creatures for ETB effect abuse but at that point you're better off going with a hybrid rogue/ninja getup and using Ninjutsu for that.

Anyway, I had a tentative rogue tribal with the above two cards. Worked fairly well, though most of your power is going to come from a few select Prowl spells.
>>
File: Gilt-Leaf Archdruid.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Gilt-Leaf Archdruid.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>51682043
2. Druid tribal with pic related
>>
>>51682530
I am eternally butthurt Tamanoa isn't legendary
>>
File: 1425003184837.jpg (62KB, 532x502px) Image search: [Google]
1425003184837.jpg
62KB, 532x502px
>tfw my favorite MTG youtuber does a pro-tranny video ft. the only tranny general and with an intro by a tranny

I guess I should've seen this coming, since he produces those vidoes with the ugly girls and the aforementioned tranny, but still. This is almost as bad as when my favorite band started writing songs about trannies.
>>
>>51685745
The Professor dun goofed. You'd think he'd know that doing a video that way would shift the focus away from the content and make it about the "personality" he hired for the terrible voice acting.
>>
>>51685745
Shut the fuck up about the proffs new video. It was fucking fine and on theme for him to find a freak to voice act the freak on the card. Grow up and get out of your safespace some more.
>>
>>51685816
Trying to make the mentally ill socially accepted is never okay, anon.
>>
>>51685849
i'm glad you enjoy being ostracized for your autism, you freaky masochist, but that doesn't mean the rest of us do
>>
>>51685849
The fucking thing will kill himself in a few years after the full weight of what hes done to his body hits home like every other tranny. Just let it live its fucked up pitiful life before he blows his brains out.
>>
>>51685816
>>51685849
>>51685891
>>51685906
And now it's happening here. Thanks, guy.
>>
>>51682794
Mulldrifter is good as well.
>>51683131
Kek. What a retard.
>>
>>51685614
Everybody knows everything I do is jank bullshit. I am public enemy no. 1. Athreos skeleton tribal with deathpits of rath, sac engines and grave pact plus the erebos flavored gravepact. My 1/1 skeletons derka derka the whole fucking place. Now they hate me.
>>
File: shite sleeves.jpg (7KB, 160x220px) Image search: [Google]
shite sleeves.jpg
7KB, 160x220px
>best story when you were new to magic

>my buds and I start playing at the same time
>all new
>buy return to ravnica starters, the 2 color 60 card ones.
>I get the rakdos one
>hard cut to 4am in the storage shed behind my parents house
>4 man magic tourney
>candlelit by old shitty candles from local thrift store
>in a storage shed with no ventilation
>with gregorian chanting blasting on stereo
>we were so new we thought elvish mystic tutored a forest and put it on the field every time he tapped

Good times, good times
>>
>>51686035
You sound like one quality human being, anon. I like you
>>
>>51685745
>he doesn't run Alesha
hahahaha faggot. thanks for helpin me find the vid.

seems neato.

>tfw Pogobat stopped making mtg videos
I've never seen his other content but his EDH videos were entertaining.
>>
>>51685745
you should message him and ask him to use a trigger warning next time faggot
>>
File: 8PHxu6N.jpg (169KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
8PHxu6N.jpg
169KB, 960x960px
Disregard Trannies, post that deck idea that you always wanted to build but have no idea how to get started on it

>Uncle Karl lifegain (without it being boring as shit)
>Adun lands matter deck with Gitrog, Borborygmos Enraged, and a million other fun things
>>
>>51686079
Thank you. I just like winning with stupid things. It makes the game so much better. I was actually dissapointed in my last tribal deck, as it was treefolk. It just feels like playing creatures then tapping them.
>>
>>51686329
That's unfortunately all treefolk really do - be fat and swing at appropriate times. Hardly an intricate tribe (although I'd argue most tribals are just lord buffs piled onto a big pile of swinging things).

It just feels like the only "tribes" that have any degree of interactivity are in fucking blue. I may be wrong, though.
>>
>>51685162
Mtggoldfish had it as one of their budget magic series. Basically Burning Tree Emmisary, Elvish Mystic, Flamekin Harbinger, Satyr Firedrinker, and Rage Forger as the big tribal enabler.

You also run 4 Atarka's Command and 4 Lightning bolts and I run 2 Fauna Shaman.

It's basically elves but sillier. I really like it.

The mtggoldfish deck was called All In Shaman, if you'd want to see it played.
>>
>>51686196
>hahahaha faggot.
Says the tranny-lover.
>>
>>51686351
Yeah, they feel pretty crappy. I just like the idea of angry trees doing horrifying plant stuff. I want more expanded tribes. Mostly because I want some more fucking skeletons.
>>
File: Richard Garfield.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Richard Garfield.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
>>51685745
>>51685788
>>51685816
>>51685849
>>51685891
>>51685906
Shut the fuck up.

Go to /pol/, this is EDH general.
>>
>>51686381
says the triggered child.

Please talk about your shit decks, or don't talk at all baby.
>>
>>51685745
Rudy did a video with a tranny in it?
>>
>>51686385
Saprolings, my dude. Give em buffs, feed em to each other. Hell, Fungus/Spore/Thallid tribal ain't half bad. Play Thelon and have a flavor fest.
>>
>>51685745
Rudy doesn't run with tran-oh

You should watch Rudy.
>>
>>51681083

perfect thread, I have a scion of ur dragon EDH deck to play with friends.

I basically have all the good money legendary dragons, all the shock lands, the allied color fetchlands, alot of ramp from artifact singets.

Can't win a single game, all my friends play with decks that win in like, turn 4.

What the fuck should I do? I only ever play EDH with these guys, is there a way to speed up scion?
>>
>>51686387
EDH is full of degeneracy. They're on topic.
>>
>>51686328
>Nicol Bolas
>Jarad, Colgate Lich Lord
>Karona or Tazri Ally tribal
>Leovold Elfball
>Mono-Old Frame Blind Seer
>A fun Zur deck
>any mono-white or Boros deck ever
I've got a lot of these, really.
>>
>>51686527
>speed up Scion

Not really, no. The best you can do is try to hide behind tax effects like Collective Restraint and play politics to survive. Be less aggressive, try to cheat out a blocker or two without making said blocker dangerous and hope they don't target you first.

Which is hard, by the way. People don't generally like seeing Scion at their table.
>>
>>51686328
I have this weird ramp up style of deckbuilding.

>built Omnath, turned it into Xenagos, now it's Mayael
>working on Krenko
>next is Wort
then the secret form is prosh.
>>
>>51686387
Go suck shit from a cows asshole. If you want to end discussion you discuss other things not try to comment on that which you find distasteful. Post your shitbrew dont go into tumblr mode.
>>
>>51686328
>Flankman & Moustache
>Domain Alt-Wincons
>Superbudget Vela
>Geist Voltron
>>
File: Bitterblossom.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bitterblossom.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
>>51686585
>Telling people to shut the fuck up on both sides of the argument because they're off topic is now "tumblr mode"

Compare your life to mine and then kill yourself.
>>
>>51686196
I really don't care one way or the other about this /pol/ vs /lgbt/ shit but Alesha was possibly one of the least playable and least fun EDH decks I've ever played. The reanimation effect is far too situational to work well.
>Alesha has to attack
>You have to pay mana
>The target needs power 2 or less
>You need to spend mana
If there were only 2 or 3 of these conditions, Alesha's effect would be great, but without that she's just a 3/2 body in the worst tricolor combination in the format.

Her one-shot combo is cute but far too narrow and situational to pull off.
>>
>>51686701
She has a ton of combos, not just a 1 shot.
also

>you need to pay mana and spend mana
are the same thing. So she does only have 3 of those conditions, and none of them are any difficult to pull off with some game sense
>>
>draw a girl in armor
>call her a trannie

What did Wizards mean this?

>>51686680
>wow you have opinions on thing
>you're just like an sjw
>>
>>51686723
Paying mana is such an important drawback that it warrants mention twice. Or rather, counts as two strikes against it. To make it worse, it's colored mana; yes it's colored hybrid mana, which is easier, but generic mana would be preferred.

I don't think the idea is as bad as he claims, but it does limit what you can do with her. I get the idea that most of the people playing EDH are looking to be broken in some fashion, though, and she certainly doesn't do that for anyone.
>>
>>51686680
>Compare your life to mine and then kill yourself.

-bender
>>
>>51686723
I meant to include one of the conditions was that the target was tapped and attacking too, which hinders the usefulness of recurring shit like Mother of Runes, since they'll most likely just be blocked and killed, unless you run some of those shitty cards that remove your own creatures from combat.
>>
>>51686761
She's certainly able to hold her own though. Needing to pay mana to reanimate something is rarely seen as a drawback for any other reanimator commander.

Chainer isn't seen as terrible because you need to PAY MANA to reanimate. If you're arguing that paying mana is the biggest achilles heel she's got, then it's a pretty easy one to get over.
>>
File: Throw Up.jpg (7KB, 145x160px) Image search: [Google]
Throw Up.jpg
7KB, 145x160px
>>51686811
You mean reconnaissance, the best damn card for Alesha for that exact purpose

>Run a card to give your creatures pseudo vigilance since you can untap them after combat damage
>A shitty card

this is edh, where jank becomes treasure.
>>
File: 1478106154245.png (322KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478106154245.png
322KB, 600x600px
>>51686701
>>51686761
>>51686811
>i don't know how to ramp
>i don't know how to go infinite
>i don't know how to protect my attacking creatures
>im retarded and dont know how to play BW
you don't gotta keep proving you're retarded friend, it's 4chan.

2 mana to reanimate a combo piece is so nice i wish i had that in more decks. Even with the penalty of attacking, I can either attack a defenseless opponent, or because I'm playing BLACK FUCKING WHITE I can just make an empty field.
>>
>>51686832
You can also bring back the creature attacking a DIFFERENT opponent.

So if you're worried about the creature getting blown up, send it flying at someone who doesn't have defenses
>>
>>51686832
Keep on playing bad commanders if that's how you get your rocks off man
>>
>>51686812
Being forced to attack is also bad, but at least she doesn't have to connect. First Strike is supposed to make it easier to swing, but with only 2 toughness and 3 power that's not much of a concern, particularly when First Strike is a much better defensive tool than an offensive one. Plus, the reanimated target is forced to attack as well which oftentimes isn't desirable and forces you to pick certain creatures in order to not get burned.

Her mana cost to reanimate is also very restrictive, not to mention she can only reanimate one thing per attack. Like I said, she's not bad but she's not that great. Your best bet using her is appearing to be an unimportant player at the table with one or two pocket "I win" combos if you're ignored long enough.
>>
>>51686856
again, don't gotta keep proving you're retarded. It's 4chan.

>>51686848
Also true. Honestly the route I was trying was making Alesha straight unblockable. I don't really care if whatever she reanimates dies, because I get the ETB trigger and I can just reanimate next turn anyway :^)
>>
>>51686832
>ramp in red/black/white

Cute. Real cute. Urborg isn't ramp, by the way.
>>
>>51686328
Dakkon Blackblade's got really cool art but I can't see him being anything but a slow and boring voltron.
>>
>>51686880
green player spotted.

just because g is the best at ramp doesn't mean it's the only color capable of it
>>
>>51686893
Scion player, for the record. Don't pretend the other colors' versions of "ramp" even come close to Green. You don't need to be Green to ramp, but anything outside of Green is going to be cumbersome, slow, and rely almost entirely on artifacts to get done.

In a singleton format, that's a lot of drawbacks.
>>
>>51686893
>hitting that Knight of the White Orchid reanimation 3 turns in a row
Bellisimo
>>
>>51686919
That's not what I'm saying, I'm just telling you don't pretend other colors can't ramp.

If you can't spare 2 B or W per turn, that's not a problem of game mechanic, that's a problem of deck. Even mono r decks with a few shitty artifacts can get to 6 mana t3-4. In a deck about reanimating weenies for ETB triggers, that is so easy to have spare.

although I feel like I'm arguing with someone else than the person I intended to start shit with so forgive my earlier hostilities. I'm an asshole.
>>
File: 1486584023105.jpg (8KB, 178x154px) Image search: [Google]
1486584023105.jpg
8KB, 178x154px
My group is infested with control decks and I'm playing the lone aggressive deck most of the time

How do I escape this hell of being targeted first every game
>>
>>51687146
Fuck their shit up. Bloodmoon and price of glory make control players shit blood.
>>
>>51687146
When the whole table targets one person, there's little recourse. If you show your deck is capable of weathering that storm it only makes you a bigger target next time. If you can't handle that much pressure, then you're just hated out.

Get a better group that doesn't alpha strike people, or play politics.
>>
>>51681377
>http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/9th_Edition/Theme_decks#Army_of_Justice
i totally read that link as "army of just ice" because of the line wrap. i would have liked it better
>>
>>51682043
1) Nahiri Harbinger for Boros Reanimator and Blightsteel

2) Dominus of Fealty for sac effects and control. Also one of my top 3 favorite cards ever.
>>
>>51686416
>>51686475
I don't know how he does it but he could make a videos about literally anything and they'd be fun as fuck
>>
>>51686880
Apparently mana rocks don't exist.
>>
>>51687810
He doesn't edit or script it, so each video is 10-20 minutes of him ranting. It feel genuine
>>
>>51687840
Apparently Green can't/doesn't use mana rocks.
Oh. Wait.

Besides, I already said they'd have to use artifacts to do it, and that's slow when it's your only option.
>>
>>51687891
That also means the video tends to be full of stuff that isn't helpful to anyone and usually repeats itself multiple times. Genuine? Maybe, but it limits the value of the video itself.
>>
>>51687894
What about Surveyor's Scope, Mana Flare, Land Tax, Gift of Estates, Knight of the White Orchid, Sad Robot, Druidic Satchel, Journeyer's Kite, Myriad Landscape, and Scrying Sheets + snow-covered manabase. There's more than just mana rocks.
>>
>>51686417
That is somewhere on my list, yes. I think I might try a few different commanders for them. Maybe that dragon yhst makes em? But first I need to hammer out a human only racism deck, with cards like the gallows that let you tap humans to kill opponent's creatures.
>>
>>51687900
>use of artifacts

Reading is hard. I know Commander is considered a casual format, but reading is still fundamental to playing it.

Also, Orchid is specific to White and already relies on you having less lands than your opponent to work. While that's not a hard qualification, it's still limiting. Same is true for Land Tax, though that's not even mana ramp at all -- it just make sure you get your land drops every turn.

Mana Flare is really the only one that could qualify, but that helps everyone. A decent political card, though. People are less likely to kill the person that's helping them cast spells earlier, but it ends up hurting later because your land count raises slower than theirs does.

Draw effects aren't ramp either, by the way, since I know you're going to mention that one next.
>>
>>51687953
>I'll ignore Scope and Satchel because they're artifacts
k
>>
>>51687966
>i'll ignore that he said "they have to use artifacts" because i posted artifacts as examples where he's wrong

k
>>
File: what the faku.png (142KB, 375x405px) Image search: [Google]
what the faku.png
142KB, 375x405px
>>51687146
My group usually avoids this if the aggressive deck has some form of interaction with the field. If it is just a hit face or die trying deck then we will at least throw some counters their way.
We give no pity to Purphoros, however.
>>
>>51687146
Possibility Storm
>>
Any other cards like Dictate of Erebos and Grave Pact in Grixis?
>>
>>51688215
Here, try this.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cards+like+grave+pact
>>
>>51688215
And that's about it.
>>
File: armorgetton.jpg (52KB, 500x805px) Image search: [Google]
armorgetton.jpg
52KB, 500x805px
>>51681083
>Best story when new

>Got a lot of mates who play EDH
>OH SHIT they bout to get all together and have a comp
>my main nigga sam even brought kit-kats for a prize
>you know your boy gotta take a shot at them kit-kat
>ah hell im new and that cunt Chris is playing the same commander (Norin, he a bitch but damn he was MY little bitch)
>fuck it ill just build a new one
>Norn, Grand bonermancer
>"Ae yo Anon you pretty new and this deck aint got any cards, feel free to proxy some it cool. Just draw some cards or some shit"
>My nigga Sam
>but i aint no bitch I only need one proxy
>my first opponent sets up as I scribble something
>the game plays out
>a wrath happens and only 1 4/4 angle is left on my side of the field
>i tap mana and slide a sleeved card over to my opponent
>he turns it over
>Amorgetton
>A proxy "card"
>It's poorly done, the paper isn't even torn evenly, its wrongly spelt the fucking mana cost isn't even right
>he loses his shit both in anger and laughter and people come over to see what the fuck is up and an argument starts over whether or not i can play it
>we end up playing beer pong with the winner deciding if it resolves
>i kick his ass in beer pong, kick his ass in the game and go on to lose every other match
>>
I went to Commander Night for the first time. I have actual agorophobia and panic attacks in crowds.

The only way out is through, exposure therapy, so I gave it a shot. It went terribly and I had to leave freaked out practically pulling my hair out 15 minutes in.

But in the time I was there the only topic of conversation was the dollar value of each particular card and deck. So I'm not totally sure I'm missing out. I don't want to work up to that kind of garbage.
>>
>>51688644
You probably should stay inside for the rest of your life. Sounds like those fags arent worth the anxiety.
>>
>>51688745
>You probably should stay inside for the rest of your life.

That truly would be death. I can't just give up and spiral into neuroses forever. And I'm lucky enough to have friends and family to come around and some solid playgroups.

I'm just really sad because if there was anything I would want to work up to, it's tabletop gaming outside my own house.
>>
>>51688760
Start small and go to friends' houses. One or two other people at most. Work up to larger groups, then start going to more public locations.

Jumping right in to "Commander Night," which I assume took place at a gaming shop, wasn't the right call for the reasons you listed.
>>
>>51688644
You're right that exposure therapy is the way to go, but you have to start smaller.

Don't try to justify your never going there again by demonizing them and making them out to be cunts.

What generals do you play?
>>
>>51688644
>>51688745
I actually do not see why people these people are fags. 15 minutes seems like a perfectly reasonable amount of time to talk about card prices. Hell, Rudy can go on a solo rant that long and people actually subscribe to that kind of thing. If it's friends talking about why conspiracy mythics exploded in price or what cards are going to hold value after rotation this seems normal.

Or is talking about the value in of cards in a TCG taboo? Have I been the faggot all along?
>>
>>51689204
15 minutes is a relatively long time to be comparing deck prices. Dick-measuring contests are no fun for anyone involved.
>>
>>51685568

Goes great with Gisa, no doubt.
>>
>>51689259
Are you the hermit-anon? Because I don't get that vibe from what was said. He said cards and decks, but I didn't catch that it was just a dick measuring contest. I thought it was more along the lines of "soul sisters is a pretty cheap deck to get into modern" or "you think they are going to reprint doubling season again?"
>>
>>51689346
No offense m8 but the way he described it the first thing that came to my mind was dick meauring contests too though I can't really imagine how they played out since I've never experienced one before
>>
>>51689346
>price of each individual card and deck

Sounds like a dick-measuring contest to me, especially if it's a 15 minute affair.
>>
>>51689367
>>51689378
I suppose we are doomed to never know, as hermit anon has yet to respond.

This level of social interaction may already have him in the fetal position and crying.
>>
>>51687810
This.

I don't buy or sell Magic, I don't play Pokemon, I'm not in banking or investing business, but I can't stop watching him.
>>
>>51687146
It's not as bad as it was, but I'm still a pretty popular odd-man-out in my group; I'm just not as socially "in" as everyone else. After a while, I just had to build around getting my board wiped <and only MY BOARD mind you> So, here are some good cards I've found:
>Mana Maze
your blue spells won't get countered
>Lifeline
not as good of an idea if your opponents depend on creatures, too, but may be useful
>Arcbound Reclaimer
if you've got ravager, too, you can eat and reclaim in response to a wipe, elsewise, keeps your most valuable pieces in, in exchange for your next draw
>Scrap Trawler
Makes blowing your shit up forty percent less effective

Additionally, it's easy to forget regeneration is actually really good, and if you can expect to be hated, packing cards to counteract counterspells like pyroblast in red, autumn's veil in green, imp's mischief in black, or any cheap, fitting, situational counterspell like gainsay or spellpierce in blue is a good idea.

Obviously a lot more cards exist, but what I listed is what first comes to mind.
>>
>>51686919
I remember Armageddoning a filthy UG player after his Boundless realms and nothing but ramping for the first 4 or 5 turns.
He scooped, just like other game derevi player scooped to Wave of Vitriol, because he had no basics in the deck.
I have another friend who has replaced all of the basics with shitty nonbasics such as the threshold saclands, all that can be played in Abzan and he gets completely obliterated by Back To Basics and T1 Strip Mine to his tapland because he consistently keeps 1 land hands.
>>
>>51689631
>Mana Maze
>your blue spells won't get countered
God, I love that card. It fucks with the entire table, and my 3-color deck is mostly fine with it. It hoses counterspells, and basically everything else. Also goes great with >>51688120
>>
>>51689688
This is why you always play with some amount of basic lands. Never go full non-basic.
>>
>>51689703
Running >10 basics is my EDH secret tech.
>>
How do people tolerate planeswalkers in EDH at all? Or chain veil? The only color that has a consistent answer to them is red and surprise, burn sucks for everything else in EDH.
>>
>>51690267
You don't have creatures in your meta?
>>
>>51690286
What help are creatures when you're under a stasis lock?
>>
>>51690301
Well then why don't you just remove the stasis. If your not in red it becomes easier.
>>
>>51690353
Because I'm tapped out and have to rely on topdecks for not only lands but also removal, like everybody else?
>>
>>51690301
>>51690387
This looks like a serious case of git-gud-itis.
>>
File: BasicLandSet25_lg.jpg (168KB, 600x823px) Image search: [Google]
BasicLandSet25_lg.jpg
168KB, 600x823px
Which one of each color, /edhg/?
>>
>>51690267
>"that guy has a planeswalker out, let's focus it down before he gets value out of it"
>"okay"
>planeswalker dies
>problem solved

>>51690301
That's a problem with stax decks, not with planeswalkers
>>
>>51686328
I've always wanted to build Hazezon Tamar but it's so goddamn expensive...
>>
>>51690474
How many answer do you expect to haven hand by turn 3 or 4? You're even worse than the "dies to doom blade" folks. A regular deck will feature like 2 cards that hit planeswalkers.
>>
>>51690524
By bringing C R E A T U R E S
>>
>>51689703
These guys go out of their way to not include basics, which is stupid. However, Ruination every game could teach them.
Ruination is my secret tech.
>>
>>51690524
Do you not play creatures?
I mean, it's OK if you don't, we are just going to laugh at you.
>>
>>51690540
>>51690540
>>51690540
And CREATURES are absolutely useless when you're cockblocked a vigilance flying deathtouch nwo blahblah 4/4 at 4th turn, which alone is okay, but features infinitely ascending free permanent removal behind her ass
>>
>>51690593
Specify that you're talking about superfriends then, autismo. Nothing wrong with a single planeswalker.
>>
>>51690648
>>51690648
It's the same shit with every planeswalker centric deck. Teferi, nissa, derevi, whatever.
>>
>>51690473
> plains
The middle one

> island
The cereal bowl

> swamp
Far left

> mountain
Second from the right

> forest
Second from the left or the middle one, hard to choose.
>>
Anyone here run one of the eldrazi titans as a commander? How do they perform?

The reason I'm asking is I want to make one because I love the eldrazi flavor, but I'm not sure if it's going to fit well into my casual playgroup (mostly precons)
>>
>>51690686
That cereal bowl made me so mad. You get used to weird and abstract land artwork, but that thing crossed the line. For new decks I now always order 4th edition basic lands.
>>
>>51690732
>>51690732
They're powerful enough to warrant a couple removal slots reserved for them from me. Kozilek the counterer is easily the scariest imo, followed by his older twin.
>>
>>51690473
midright plains
bowl islands, fuck the haters
mid right swamp
ring moutain
mid left forest
>>
>>51690473
W1
U5
B1
R3
G5

From left to right.
Though honestly unhinged lands and guay lands are the best. No foil guay lands yet though, and unhinged plains and islands aren't that good.

Life is pain. Foil guay pls
>>
>>51689631
Man I fucking love Scrap Trawler in my artifact deck.

Had a situation where my opponents kept on destroying all artifacts, but because of Scrap Trawler, Myr Retriever and Trading Post shenanigans I pretty much instantly recovered.

After they cleared all artifacts 4 times in 5-6 turns they eventually ran out and I won.
>>
File: 1419484565382.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
1419484565382.png
319KB, 315x448px
>at the LGS on standard night
>tons of asians
>at the LGS on modern night
>prolly 50% asians
>Yugioh night shared with Commander night
>asians and blacks over on one side
>Commander 100% white people
Are Asians too inherently tryhard for a casual format?
>>
>>51691035
No, Yugioh just attracts a lot of autists.
>>
>>51690739
I only picked it because it was so blatantly shitty kek
>>
>>51690732
I run Newlamog and it's a lot of fun, but I can't ever compete with any serious decks.
>>
>>51691035
nah, EDH is just targeted towards beta white cucks

also this>>51691077
>>
File: 251_Plains1_rsx4u51r9s.jpg (129KB, 620x752px) Image search: [Google]
251_Plains1_rsx4u51r9s.jpg
129KB, 620x752px
>>51689703
It's surprisingly easy when you play monocolor

>>51690267
A guy in our group has been playing for years was playing krenko, had tremors out, and lost to a planeswalker. When I asked him about it, he said he had no idea tremors could hit planeswalkers.

>>51690473
>Mid-right plains
>Far-right Island
>Mid-Left Swamp
> >Mountains
>Far-Right Forest
>Calcium Wastes
Not a given option, but I actually run original zendikar Jung Park plains, but battle's is a respectable second place
>>
>>51690473
>middle
>bucket island obviously
>first from the right
>second from the left
>second from the right

all other opinions are wrong
>>
>>51690267
protip: to defeat planeswalkers all you have to do is turn your creatures sideways
>>
>>51691300
Good luck with all the creature hate in the game.
>>
>>51690732
I run butcher, It's pretty strong. A turn 2 hasted kozilek will make people shit fucking bricks.
Probably, from best to worst, the order is like this:
Butcher
Distortion
Newlamog/oldlamog (can't decide if the extra permanent removal is better than annihilator)
Newrakul (really awkward commander, doesn't get you as much value on cast as the others, which is really big since they are removal magnets, the discount hardly matters, and the mindslaver is only for one player).
>>
How do you fight Derevi in monored? Is it even possible?
>>
File: pithing-needle-58645-medium.jpg (71KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
pithing-needle-58645-medium.jpg
71KB, 243x348px
>>51691672
>>
>>51691708
Yeah thats only one card, and it's in removal colors for Derevi, and I have fuck all for tutors for it.
>>
>>51691283
>tfw had a foil bucket island
>tfw a friend stole it
i'm angry
>>
File: 1485778355262.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1485778355262.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>51691746
Full art lands can be foil?
>>
>>51691728
The answer is always blood moon and ruination.
>>
>>51691791
He's prepared for it, plays a lot of basics.
>>
>>51691728
Phyrexian Revoker.
>>
File: obliterate.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
obliterate.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51691672
>>51691728
You're in red, so you're virtually never going to have tutors for anything.

But have you seriously considered the nuclear option?
>>
>>51691836
Alright but still no tutor and he can remove it even easier.
>>51691855
>But have you seriously considered the nuclear option?
He's got land tax m8
>>
>>51691785
Yeh. I got quite a few from drafting BFZ
>>
>>51691785
>>51691746
>not owning +200 foil full art basics
>>
>>51691972
>not wasting $200 on shiny cardboard
>>
>>51691855
Seriously though, why doesn't red ever get tutors. Literally every other color has them nowadays. Would a "2R: Search for a sorcery spell, reveal it, put it into your hand" be too broken?
>>
>>51691995
sorry bruh, they are between $5-10 each, not $1, and they're only going UP
>>
>>51692045
If you find a buyer by that time you mean
>>
>>51692015
We've got Sarkhan's Triumph, at least, and Hoarding Dragon, but I agree.
>>
>>51692052
Not him, but there's always a market for foil full-art basics.
>>
>>51692045
Kinda funny, but I traded away 30 foil original zendikar full arts at like $20-25 each about 1 month before WotC announced they would be printing full arts again, so I don't really think it's going to be hard to get rid of them.

They are also currently being used in 15 various decks.
>>
File: 1478301171798.png (524KB, 830x760px) Image search: [Google]
1478301171798.png
524KB, 830x760px
>>51691879
>He's got land tax m8
Land Tax triggers when his lands < your lands, and 0 ! > 0. Nuke 'im.
>>
Can you play commander properly with a bunch of cheap ass "comes into play tapped lands" in dual colors?

If not, how good could a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben deck be?
>>
>>51692229
In a 4 player game? Somebody's bound to put a land into play.
>>
>>51692229
>tfw you have Land Tax in play and Forbid in your hand

The value is overwhelming
>>
>>51692237
Two-color decks are fine with budget ETB tapped duals, desu.
>>
>>51692229
Gofast is love.
Knifebunny is fine too.
>>
>>51692237
Pretty much, yeah. Upgrading to painlands or Glacial Fortress type stuff can be a cheap upgrade that can be helpful sometimes but just playing with a few "enters tapped, gain 1 life" can work just as well.
>>
Since there's no Ask A Judge up right now, I suppose I'll have to ask here.

So I'm attacking with 2 sun titans (made an extra through copy effect of kiki jiki or something). Can I get my terramorphic expanse in the graveyard back, sac it and bring it back again?

I'm really not sure about it, I think you have to choose a target for the trigger the moment it goes on the stack so that the second one would fizzle since its original target is gone (it's a new instance of terramorphic that's in the graveyard by then). It's murky territory though, and I want to be certain of how this works.
>>
>>51692356
>Can I get my terramorphic expanse in the graveyard back, sac it and bring it back again?
You can not.

You have to choose both targets at the same time, when the abilities are being put on the stack. If you choose the Terramorphic Expanse for both Sun Titans, after one resolves and you sac the Expanse, it is a new object in the graveyard, and the second ability is countered with no targets.
>>
>>51692399
Ok, thanks, that's what I figured, but a few friends were uncertain enough about it for me to want to double-check.
>>
>>51692237
If it's a small number of lands, it's fine, and in two colours, it won't be too many. Once you get into 3+, accepting any slot being a taped land will often result in two more, like, if I'm running temple of Enlightenment in Bant, I'm obviously also gonna run temple of Mystery and Temple of Plenty, and now, boom, I've got 3 taplands.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (69KB, 543x693px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
69KB, 543x693px
>not unpopular shop on TCGPlayer suddenly lists dozens of >$3 cards for under seventy cents
>have to go through checkout six times in order for it to actually complete because they kept getting sold so fast
I wonder what the fuck happened there. Missed out on a bunch of fifty cent Mystical Tutors too.
>>
File: 234.jpg (45KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
45KB, 336x469px
>>51690473

Middle

middle or bucket

2nd from the right

2nd from the right again

2nd from the left

alternatively, pic related
>>
>>51690473
Left
None
Nah
Middle
Fuck that

Zendikar lands are trash.
>>
>>51691672
Switch to monoblack or splash black to run contamination
>>
>>51691672
Shattering spree, shattering pulse, vandalblast, chaos warp, burn that can target players.
>>
>>51692945
>Shattering spree, shattering pulse, vandalblast
Those hit artifacts not the enchantments he stacks up on
>chaos warp
fantastic card... if you ever draw it
>burn that can target players
Yay for the massive card disadvantage trying to force through a 40 life total with lifelinkers
>>
>>51691672
If you are playing against derevi, you have to go maximum hate.

If he complains, point out that his commander choice gives you no choice, either you play that way, or you just let him win without any resistance.

>>51692779
Red has Blood Moon, Ruination, Price of Progress etc, it can play the hate game too.

Price of Glory wrecks him for trying to play a lockdown / control game.
Manabarb effects punish him for untapping lands repeatedly.

Then you got shit like Mana Web and Tectonic Instability and War's Toll that punish him even harder.

Price of Progress can easily deal up towards 30-40 damage if you have a fork or reiterate for it.
>>
>>51692984
Oh right, and Curse of Marit Lage should wreck pretty hard, if you don't want to play effects like boil.
>>
>>51692971
Well if you aren't drawing cards there probably isn't much you can do against most decks unfortunately.

The answer to what one of the weakest monocolors in the game can do to one of the strongest noncombo commanders in the game is little.
>>
>>51692507
>I'm obviously also gonna run temple of Mystery and Temple of Plenty, and now, boom, I've got 3 taplands.
But... why? If you're in Bant, and your deck is primarily U and G with a splash of W for support, why would you include exactly the same support for U and G as you would W? That's just stupid. It's like playing limited, drafting 20 W and 4 R cards in your deck, and then splitting the basic lands 8 Plains 8 Mountain.
>>
>>51692984
>>51693108
These are some amazing tips and a lot of cards I completely forgot about, thanks. Curse of Marit Lage and Manabarbs look really good in particular. I don't believe Mana Web will work too well since it still doesn't hose counterspell players per se.
>>
>>51693361
Your commander will always contain all three colors, your commander will always be available to cast from the start, and you will almost always want to cast your commander (unless you run generic goodstuff). Colorfixing is important.
>>
>>51693490
But that's assuming you're not running anything BUT Temples.

Look at it this way. Your deck has very few White cards, so you'll need less support for white, or at least more versatile support for it. So throwing in the GW and UW temples is smart. But if the rest of your mana base is already islands and forests, your ability to cast your commander isn't very likely at all to be compromised as long as you have enough mana, so including the UG temple as well would be extraneous: it would be less effective than a basic Island or Forest, assuming you want to tap lands the turn you play them.
>>
What is the best solo color and why is it green?
>>
>>51693607
Blue because it can do anything
>counters and draw obviously
>powerful fliers
>mana vortex for ld
>propaganda/collective restraint to shoo away haters
>bounce any permanent it wants
>superb interactions with artifacts
>ramp and stax with Teferi the Mind Sculptor
>>
>>51693546
I think the philosophy is greater flexibility - you're both arguing similar points, but one ascribes to "Mana matches proportions of that color in the deck" while the other likes "I always want this color so I'm gonna have plenty of it". The two ideas aren't very different, but the thought behind them is.

Say you have a lot of blue and green, and very little white. One side argues therefore you only need flexibility towards white. The other says that you now need flexibility between all three - your one blue source may be tied to your white source, so now you're SOL if you need something complex like UUW because one of your blues I inaccessible when you need white. So, by diversifying your blue as well (ie sometimes your green can produce blue), you allow more blue every turn. You sacrifice speed for variability. Complex devotion causes problems in multicolor, and unless you're playing all multi-color lands to let you pick/choose what you need, issues can arise (even if rarely).
>>
File: War's Toll_DIS.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
War's Toll_DIS.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>51693473
Different anon but if they cast spells on their turn, they won't have lands available to cast on other turns besides through artifacts or untap shenanigans
>>
>>51690524
It's a multiplayer game, and there has to be only 1 answer in the whole table.
If nobody answers the lock, it's not that your deck is good, but that your friends were so sure that 'somebody else would deal with it' that nobody did.
>>
>>51693689
>untap shenanigans
That's the big issue, this is Derevi we're talking about.
>>
File: Hazezon.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Hazezon.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
How good is this guy? Is he basically just a fairer Prossh? Is he worth his fucking 40 dollar price tag? Does he draw a lot of hate? I've only ever seen him played once.
>>
>>51693885
He's probably that expensive because he's only ever been printed once, and probably not in large quantities.
>>
>>51692971
The burn is for hitting his planeswalker.
>>
>>51682043
Anon have you named the legendary free format yet? I want to propose that to my local playgroup.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 178x248px
So I just found this card, I think it would be awesome in my kurkesh artifact deck.
What sort of cards should I run with it?
Besides sol ring.
>>
>>51693885
>7cmc for a 2/4 that does nothing until the next turn
>board wipes aren't necessary, spot removal completely hoses him

He's a meme commander for special snowflakes m8
>>
>>51694190
>named

Yeah, I'm certain he is the first one to have ever thought of this format.

Jesus christ, just call it no-legendary commander.
>>
>>51693885
He seems pretty decent as a commander but like this anon said,>>51693915, his price tag is due to his scarcity.
>>
File: 1486420225192.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1486420225192.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>51694208
>meme do-nothing commander
This is edh you special snowflake. Not everything is tazri foodchain tier.
>>
>>51682400
birthing pod and quicksilver are good dont have to cast dudes on your turn
>>
>>51694214
>>51694190
you fags are literally talking about tiny heroes, which died because its a solved format
>>
>>51694208
>a 2/4 that does nothing until the next turn
yeah its not like red has a fuckton of ways to give creatures haste or anything
>>
>>51694303
If you meant Tiny LEADERS it's a very different thing, that would be just no legendaries allowed, any critter can be commander, everything else as usual. Doesn't look like it would devolve into Legacy-lite so quick like Tiny Leaders did.
>>
>>51694303
How fucking high are you?

Those two have absolutely nothing in common with each other.
>>
>>51694303
Tiny Leaders. Very different from what anon is describing. Closer to Pauper Commander really.
>>
>>51694321
>give him haste
>he's now a 7cmc 2/4 that can swing once and then doesn't do anything until the next turn

Are you serious bruh?
>>
File: IMG-20170207-WA0010.jpg (713KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170207-WA0010.jpg
713KB, 2592x1456px
I've just made Crusades, feat. Adriana.
Basically Tokens, Pumps, Enchatments that shit Tokens and taxes, Boardwipes that shit Tokens.
So far it's been fun. I just have to figure it out the timming to bash everyone without looking like a massive threat.
>>
>>51694303
Go and reread carefully. If you still think it's tiny leaders, oh boy
>>
>>51694328
>If you meant Tiny LEADERS it's a very different thing, that would be just no legendaries allowed, any critter can be commander, everything else as usual. Doesn't look like it would devolve into Legacy-lite so quick like Tiny Leaders did.
Is this a joke or something? If something as limited in choices as tiny leaders right down to deck contents managed to devolve into "legacy lite", a format where you can choose anything BUT a limited selection of legendary creatures as a commander is definitely going to go there.
>>
>>51694376
>him
>swinging
LMAO
just flicker him and have a gorillion sand warrior tokens. Have cards like purphoros or anthems. The fuck are you smoking? Why would a person swing with this guy? He's not voltron material
>>
>>51694383
I hope you're playing all the melee creatures for maximum melee memeing.
>>
>>51694376
or
>flicker him a few times
>give his tokens haste instead
>have sidar kondo on the field already or put him in
>instantly fucking win because you're not a retard who has literally no idea how to play magic
>>
File: biovisionary.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
biovisionary.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>51682043
>2. Your playgroup wants to try something new- Legendary-Free commander. You may use any creature as your commander, but your deck may not contain a legendary anything. Who do you build first, who do you want to build, and who do you hope gets left out of the command zone?
Sounds fun desu

>Here's some decks I'd brew:
Biovisionary clones
Shardless Agent hypergenesis cascade
Shaman of the Pack elves
Divinity of Pride voltron
Mercurial Chemister control
>>
>>51694434
And I'm trying to get a Blade of Selves. For ultimate Memes.
>>
>>51694557
i think you've reached maximum overmeme
>>
>>51694188
That still leaves Derevi around.
>>
File: 23.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>51694539
Secret Tech
>>
>>51694688
The flavor text is really jimmying my rustles.
>>
>>51694688
Does that dude work with the Meld Mechanic?
>>
>>51694423
>>51694498
Am I being trolled? The tokens still don't come out until your next turn, so this will happen every single game:
>finally get to 7 mana
>cast hazezon with a haste anthem out and a flicker ready
>oh boy oh boy next upkeep will be so awesome
>every single one of your opponents gets an opportunity to untap and prepare removal
>you do your cute flickering and attack someone with a mediocre amount of tokens
>whoever you attacked just throws removal on hazezon
>all your efforts did fuck all
>he now costs 9, durdle for a turn or two
>cast him again, anyone can untap and prepare removal again
rinse and repeat

Literally any other token producing legendary commander would do better than him. He's nothing but flavorbait and hipster cred.
>>
>>51694753
>what are extra turns
try harder scrub
>>
File: 4756354.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
4756354.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
Any Sliver players here? I was thinking of building one but I'm not sure if it's worth it cause I might just get hated off the table, how are your play groups with Slivers? Do you just get ganged on if you bring them on?
>>
>>51694753
Here's my experience of hazezon as someone who has him in the meta

>cast Hazezon
>sacrifice him to High Market
>next turn comes around, get tons of tokens
>no hazezon to remove
>gets tons of value off tokens

It's still too slow to be anywhere near competetive, but he isn't bad.

Also, a Hazezon deck will not have trouble reaching 7-9 mana, as its main win condition will be having a LOT of lands in play.
>>
File: 147472_905.jpg (213KB, 900x658px) Image search: [Google]
147472_905.jpg
213KB, 900x658px
>>51694887
I'm still super salty about the changes they made to their design.
>>
>>51694887
nobody plays slivers at my LGS anymore because they all get hated out.

They scale frighteningly fast, so the solution is just to keep them down and not let them get started.

Every sliver ever gets removed, because all slivers are as scary as the scariest sliver you have.

If you end a turn with 4 1/1 sliver tokens in play, they have to die, because the following turn they could turn into 5/5 shadow infect doublestrike creatures.
>>
>>51694947
So basically you are stuck between two extremes as you play the sliver deck:
People couldn't stop you, so you spiral out of control pretty much instantly and win, or the more common scenario: You do absolutely jack shit the entire game because everything you do gets hated.
>>
>>51694383
Hello fellow branon

>>51694414
Nigga did you read what you wrote? You said a limited array of options made Tiny Legacy-lite how the fuck the VAST myriad of options Commoner hey is that a good name for non-legendaries: the format? would give is gonna make it Legacy-lite? And no legendaries on top of that, a lot of the Legacy-lite stuff from Tiny was legendary.

>>51694539
>Biovisionary clones
>Divinity of Pride voltron
>Mercurial Chemister control
YOU. I like you, let's be friends.
>>
>>51694906
>>gets tons of value off tokens
If you voluntarily remove Hazezon yourself, he's basically a Secure the Wastes at sorcery speed with a minimum cost of 7 that requires combo pieces to work and doesn't let you chump block until your next turn.
That wouldn't even be considered tons of value in a craw wurm meta.
>>
>>51694962
That's why you play slivers with a twist.

...I don't know any, it just sounded like a cool thing to say.
>>
>>51694887
I was the only sliver player in my area until I stomped a pod multiple games even as Target #1. Now a friend got into the tribe and I traded him a bunch of my spares, so the hive grows.
>>51694962
They're pretty much correct though, Slivers get hated on really bad.

Best advice would be to gauge your meta and see if it would be fun to run the Hive in it. Mine is fairly mixed between casual and competitive so I built it and I've had no regrets. Also 5 color is pretty tough for perfect curving or whatever so expect some spotty games if you don't pull out a Gemhide or Manaweft.
>>
>>51695053
Why are tripfags so laughably bad at English?
>>
>>51694753
>what is instant spells,etc, in naya
Thanks for letting me know you don't know how to have fun playing commander or that you are just shit.
>>
File: spreadingplague.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
spreadingplague.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>51695073
One twist you could do is have Hivelord at the helm and run like 10 boardwipes. Also, Spreading Plague.
>>
>>51694887
I've always wanted to make a sliver hivelord voltron using auras.
>>
Would Derevi be balanced if his 4 mana ability included commander tax?
>>
>>51695204
Just give him flash. There, solved.
>>
>>51695204
Derevi was a mistake.
>>
>>51695204
She could have been balanced if the ability to go around casting was never made in the first place.
>>
>>51695204
>>51695212
>him
>his
Derevi is a girl
>>
>>51695185
>>51694947
>>51694887
If you do build Slivers, be sure to include Patriarch's Bidding for more resilience when people DO start hitting you with removal/wipes.
>>
>>51695212
Yeah but I'm working on sticking to the printed text as close as possible.
>>51695219
True, but there is still hope to fix it.
>>51695229
That's why I said what I said. If the commander tax rule was expanded from plain casting the commander to also playing his activated abilities, we could still stick to the written text without any ridiculous errata.
>>51695248
No, it's a piece of shit
>>
>>51695248
Did you just assume Derevi's gender?
>>
>>51694931
To be fair, they're a different species of slivers, and there's only so far you can go design-wize with "beaked snake worm with claw tentacle attached"
>>
>>51695278
I think the French got it right by just banning Derevi. There's no point in altering the entire rules of EDH to snuff the use of one commander. Banning it is just easier.
>>
>>51695278
Give her flash and uncounterable then. Starting cost 1WUG. Closest to the actual use people make.
>>
>>51695059
You're getting X tokens where X is your LANDS, since your entire strategy is based around this, you should not be having troubles having more lands in play than hazezon costs, so it generally means you don't have to tap out to cast him.

Also, having a secure the wastes as your commander would be pretty damn good. Just take a look at prossh, another similar commander, and one of the few if not the only nonblue commander that is tier 1.

Now he is nowhere close to as good as prossh, but even being comparable means he is pretty damn good. Like a case of Worn Powerstone vs Sol Ring.
>>
>>51695327
Altering the rules because of Derevi is pretty benign when the alteration only hits Derevi from all the printed commanders so far (hopefully forever)
>>51695337
Not that I'm against it but it's a lot easier to find mutual agreement with all Derevi players if you don't steer from the printed text much at all.
>>
File: renegade-doppelganger-cropped.jpg (126KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
renegade-doppelganger-cropped.jpg
126KB, 464x664px
HEY JUDGE

say i have something like pic related on the field and a creature enchanted with mechanized production. does the enchantment check before or after doppelganger triggers?
>>
>>51694887
>resolve Sliver Queen, make infinite sliver tokens and win
It's kind of like a Ghave or Ulasht or Mikaeus combo deck I guess.
>>
>>51694498
>Sidar Kondo instead of Kamahl, Balefire Liege, Beastmaster Ascension, Lovisa etc
>>
>>51695162
>waiting even longer to have enough mana to cast your commander and instants
Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure all the other players will refrain from playing anything on their turns out of respect while waiting for you to come online.

>>51695413
You're gonna need a christmasland hand to be able to ramp up to >7 and have combo pieces/protection available before other people are ready with responses or have disruption out.

There's really no point in playing Hazezon over Marath if you want Nayarampandtokens.dec other than flavor and/or being a special snowflake.
>>
File: 1724_full5.jpg (100KB, 620x455px) Image search: [Google]
1724_full5.jpg
100KB, 620x455px
>>51695493
The entire ability of Mechanized Production finished resolving, and only after that the Doppelganger trigger is put on the stack.

So, it checks before.
>>
>>51695493
Looks like the enchantment checks before doppelganger copies the token.
>>
I'm looking to start up a new edh deck, but I'm having a hard time deciding on a commander. Looking for a fun one that doesn't draw too much aggression from others
>>
>>51695660
what kinda colors?
>>
>>51695597
You're right, but that doesn't mean he is unplayable, not everyone wants to play the top tier commanders.
>>
>>51695597
Now i know you are pretending to be retarded cause i hope you actually aren't retarded. Just have mana doublers, ramp, dorks, artifacts, etc, in naya. It's not hard ramping when a player has access to green for fuck's sake. Instants shouldn't be expensive, like red elemental blast, swords to plowshares, beast within, etc. He is not prosh or tazri but he is not shit like emmara tandris. Your responses are just proving that you're shit. Naya doesn't even need a christmas hand to ramp fast and a proper deck will have a decent number of responses.
>>
>>51695679
I'm open to anything
>>
>>51695842
Jori En spells.dec
Noyan Dar lands
Ayli, Eternal Lifegain Clerics

pick one and build it
>>
>>51694321
his point still stands
>>
new bread when
>>
>>51695783
We were discussing land ramp which produces more tokens. Doublers, dorks and artifacts won't help you with that.
REB, StP and Beast Within won't protect your commander from most forms of removal. A single StP, Chaos Warp, Hero's Downfall etc. will hose your entire strategy.
Green can ramp fast, but by the time you ramp up to 8+, people will be prepared to handle your commander and/or tokens with ease.

Please follow the conversation before you post.
>>
>>51694321
I didn't realize haste allowed you to skip to your next upkeep so Hazezon could trigger. RTFC man
>>
>>51696027
>I didn't realize haste allowed you to skip to your next upkeep so Hazezon could trigger.
Your mistake for being a noob, then.
>>
>>51695911
When you decide to make it :^)
>>
>>51694208
You still get the tokens if you zap him before the upkeep trigger, it's when you let his trigger resolve and then zap him that you lose the tokens.
>>
>>51695958
Fucking idiot. Must i spell everything out until it drives into your fucking skull? Must i use a drill? The other mana ramp i mentioned is to have mana available for responses. Hazezon just needs to enter the battlefield for his ability to activate. That's why i mentioned flicker. Who cares if he dies? Just recast him through the shit ton of mana available through the sources i mentioned or through ashnod's altar by sacrificing tokens. Why the fuck are you under the assumption that everyone will kill you 100%? It's a multiplayer game. People are going to be killing each other off. Or give him flash, cast him in the turn before your turn. It's that easy.
Please take your head out of your ass before you post. You are just adding to the meme that /tg/ can't play magic
>>
>>51697133
>Who cares if he dies?
His sand warriors
>>
>>51697133
if he gets removed, so do his tokens. So unless you are keeping a metric fuck ton of protection spells sitting in your hand, he's gonna get spot removed eventually. And that means goodbye to your tokens.
>>
>>51697162
>>51697231
so you play sac outlets like Ashnod's Altar, so you can sac Hazezon before the trigger resolves. Or the tokens if you decide to keep him around.
>>
>>51697253
So a Hazezon deck revolves around either keeping a lot of counters or protection in your deck OR having ashnod's alter out to...ramp? into playing other things.

I get the second strategy, but it 100% relies on having ashnod's alter out and praying it doesnt get destroyed, either.

And if that's the method your deck is trying to get mana from, maybe you're just better off playing green ramping cards in the first place.
>>
>>51697133
>You are just adding to the meme that /tg/ can't play magic
I'm pretty sure trying to defend Hazezon as if he's a better commander than Marath does worse for /tg/'s reputation.
Everything you just mentioned aside from flicker works better with Marath, who comes online much sooner and is much harder to deal with.
>>
>>51697316
NIGGER I NEVER SAID HE'S BETTER THAN MARATH. I SAID THAT HE'S NOT SHIT TIER NOR IS HE TIER 1. I'M SAYING THAT HE'S PLAYABLE AND THAT CALLING HIM BARGAIN BIN SHIT IS RETARDED
YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE NIGGER
BY PROTECTION SPELLS IT'S NOT FOR HIM
IT'S FOR YOU THE PLAYER
SO THAT YOU CAN SURVIVE UNTIL YOUR TURN ARRIVES
>>
>>51697291
Not ashnod's altar, but ANY sac outlet.

Point is, having hazezon around is a liability.

Ashnod's is just great because it can turn into a shitload of mana with your creatures as well.

>>51697316
NOBODY is saying he is a better commander than Hazezon.

But just because he is worse than Marath, doesn't mean he is unplayable.
>>
>>51697544
If you're going to run a strategy that gives you tokens that allow you to sac them for shenanigans, why wouldn't you run a commander that actually synergizes with saccing?
>>
>>51697651
And Hazezon does not do exactly that? Making potentially twenty plus tokens on ETB is not synergizing with saccing?
>>
>>51695129
I heard you talking shit about AB. You and I are enemies now.
>>
>>51697316
No, he is not better than a general so busted it needed day 1 errata and is banned in duals. He IS still better than most Naya picks though, and the strategy I always see is to get rid of him before your next upkeep, possibly after using swords of vellis Vale.

He is a fine commander anon, if you disagree so much name 3 Naya commanders that are better. Bonus points if you don't say marath again.
>>
>>51697685
I'm saying all he really does is make your tokens. Sure, that's synergy with a sac deck, but, in my opinion, a commander that synergizes WITH the sac effects is better for this kind of deck and making your 99 all about making tokens and having sac outlets.
>>
>>51697750
His ability will still activate even if he isn't on the battlefield which is why it doesn't matters if he dies
>>
>>51697835
So you'd need to do something with his tokens at instant speed or they enter and immediately leave.

I mean, I can see some things with that, but having to use your entire deck at an instant speed seems pretty rough.
>>
>>51697894
Actually if you bounce, flicker, sac him while the token creating ability is on the stack they don't see him die.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-12-16-05-37.png (160KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-12-16-05-37.png
160KB, 720x1280px
>>51697894
No they stay there.they only leave when both are present on the field the moment and he leaves
>>
File: 1485287313141.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
1485287313141.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
>>51697726
>Defending tripfags
>>
>>51698015
>>51698015
>>51698015
>>
>>51698014
Does the ruling work like that? I assumed that its Hazie checking to see if he's still in play
>>51698078
Well, fuck. I guess its not as bad as I thought. Still kinda jank. But hell, if you can make it work, go for it.
>>
>>51698082
It's just the tripfag posting anonymously
>>
>>51697750
Mayael
Uril
Gahiji
>>
>>51694196
Lotus petal
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.