[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 57

File: mhhgga15.jpg (260KB, 630x685px) Image search: [Google]
mhhgga15.jpg
260KB, 630x685px
"He can't keep getting away with it!" edition.

Keep getting away with it sub-edition.

Indomitus? Not in my 30k. MkIV? Not on my RG. Slavs for the Emperor, Inferno FAQ will make /hhg/ great again, Saturnine when, terrible pun armies, and a pissed off Leviathan. This and more can be found at >>51637199

>INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
>>51651137

I miss Breadanon.
>>
First for the fast.
>>
How do you plan on dealing with someone playing Magnus, anons?

Hard mode: No banning
>>
File: IMG_0571.jpg (163KB, 1024x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0571.jpg
163KB, 1024x514px
>>51651176
Thread claimed by WS?
Not on my /hhg/
First for the 15th
>>
File: 6515151.jpg (413KB, 1330x734px) Image search: [Google]
6515151.jpg
413KB, 1330x734px
Indomitus? In my 30k? Its more likely than you think.
>>
Asked this in the last thread, got glazed over

How well does Calas Typhon stack up as an HQ? Want to put him with Grave Wardens in Creeping death, taking mid field objectives/protecting backline.
>>
Is a character using Iron Arm and Power/chainfist S10 or S11?
I know stats can only temporarily buffed to more than 10, but I believe only the ones lasting a phase do so.

>>51651179
Mhara Gal and Ruinstorm Princes in the Dark Brethren.
>>
>>51651231
I'm pretty sure it just stays at 10, as that's the "max" for most stats beyond W and A
>>
>>51651231
Stats max at 10.
>>
>>51651254
>>51651257
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>51651231

If something goes above S10, doesn't it become the almighty D?
>>
>>51651276
Not unless specified that it does so.
>>
>>51651203
That does it, Indomitus for my Blackshields.
>>
>>51651580
I wish you luck with your no-perks termis
>>
>>51651580
And I'll double down on the fluffiness - I will never try and wheedle my way into Tartaros or Cataphractii buffs for them. My Blackshields are the last, broken, dying elements of the IInd (or so they claim) and the sub-optimal quality is all part of the package.
>>
>>51651599
I was writing this >>51651606 as you typed your post. I probably deserve the punishment for fluffing them as IInd Legion.
>>
>>51651621
Your Dudes, in my HH?
I'll have you hanged for that, kiddo, that'll teach you to have for or be creative
>>
>>51651135
>https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Legion-MKIV-Recon-Squad

those are recon squads in power armor, not 4+ recon armor
>>
>>51651656
I even tried to make them Not Sues and suck so bad that THAT'S why they were purged. tl;dr version is that if the White Scars pushed too far ahead and didn't consolidate and were too much about "GO FAST SEE IT ALL", The Imperial Rangers were even worse for it. Primarch wanted to just completely fuck off and try and cross the intergalactic void to Andromeda because of the vaguest, most desperate hints there might be human colonies there. Promptly censured and Legion is liquidated basically for attempted dereliction of duty.
>>
>>51651672
as it stands, there are no models in recon armor. You could use Scouts for it, maybe try to convert them to look a bit more like full astartes
>>
Has battlescribe been updated for inferno yet?
>>
Help me settle a debate /tg/

FnP vs triggering Signs and Portents from Thousand Sons

Hypothesis: FnP Does not prevent the army-wide pinning

Evidence:
Signs and Portents
>If any unit within the Thousand Sons Detachment suffers a wound as a result of a Perils of the Warp test, the Detachment's controlling layer must immediately take a Pinning test for every unit in their force with the Legiones Astares (Thousand Sons) special rule.
>suffers a wound

Perils of the Warp
>Results 1-6 "The Psyker suffers 1 wound..."
>suffers 1 wound
>suffers a wound

Feel No Pain
>"When a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved wound..."
>suffers and unsaved wound
>suffers a wound

Conclusion: Feel No Pain does not prevent Signs and Portents trigger, and in fact triggers, before FnP can even be taken.
>>
>>51651908
Its supposed to trigger because of the perils test desu, thats the whole idea, them shitting themselves because warp r bad.

So yeh, it triggers whether its saved with FnP or not.
>>
>>51651908
>Hypothesis: FnP Does not prevent the army-wide pinning

I would agree because FnP is not a save, technically the model is wounded but FnP ignores it instead of saving it, so a 1 wound model may a suffer a number of wounds that he ignores as long as he passes the FnP rolls.

I could be wrong but thats how I understand it.
>>
>>51651908
FnP in general does nothing to counter "status effects" triggered by taking wounds, If it were an invul save you'd have room for debate.
>>
>>51651908
Don't think that's the crucial line of the FNP rules. The line
>...on a 5+, the unsaved wound is discounted - treat it as having been saved.
...suggests to me that if you succeed in a FNP roll, you act like the unsaved wound never happened in the first place, and thus Signs and Portents doesn't activate.
>>
>>51652006
>>51651982
>>51651958
>>51651908

In the new FAQ a wound prevented by FnP counts as a saved wound.
>>
>>51651908
I would agree, as from a mechanical standpoint S&P mentions "suffering a wound" not "an unsaved wound". S&P therefore, in my mind, would trigger regardless of wether or not the triggeree actually loses a wound or not.
From a more fluffy standpoint, FnP doesn't represent a person not being injured, but simply not giving a fuck and carrying on. So even if your commander doesn't give a fuck he just got warp backlash, you're still probably shitting yourself a little.
>>
>>51652012
Doesn't that read in the rulebook as well? I'm pretty sure "FnP'd wound counts as saved" has been a thing for a long time.
>>
>>51652012
>>51652050

Remove FnP from the equation entirely because it doesn't matter in this case. You have to suffer a wound before you can take a FnP roll, it doesn't matter if it counts as saved after a sucessful FnP roll. The wound exists first. Without it there would be no reason to take a FnP save
>>
>>51652103
So a model that has one wound left, suffers a wound, but successfully makes a FNP roll, dies? They suffered the wound before they took the FNP roll, by your logic.

The FNP rule says that if a FNP roll is successful, you treat the wound as not having happened. That applies to this TSons rule too.
>>
>>51652166
The wound happened, it was just saved. What anon is talking about is that rules tend to very specifically say "suffer an UNSAVED wound." As in the wound happened, but was saved.

For example, as I remember, Grounding Tests were done on a hit, not a wound. So just hitting the FMC was enough to drop it from the sky, even if you didn't do any damage (which meant even shining a Tau markerlight at Bloodthirster would cause it to come crashing to the ground.) I could be wrong, but I'm sure "suffer a wound" has been a thing in the past, where even saving it has not saved you from the effects.

I think it should be "unsaved wound", since that seems to be the way these things have been going lately.
>>
>>51652166
>They suffered the wound before they took the FNP roll, by your logic.
No because the wound is on the stack, to borrow from MTG. The unsaved wound triggers feel no pain, which is a chance to avoid it. However, the unsaved wound cause by perils triggers Signs and Portents first, before you resolve the feel no pain because in order to resolve some perils results the psyker must suffer a wound.
>>
File: Tsons legion tactics02.jpg (210KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tsons legion tactics02.jpg
210KB, 900x1200px
>>51652103
I see....

I assumed the wording was an unsaved wound. Ya, FnP is not relevant.

>>51652166
The idea is that wounds are checked before saves altogether.

Basically you have Hit >> Wound >> Saves.

And your checking if Wounds happened at all (in the wound section), instead of if they were saved or unsaved (In the saved section).

In programing terms,
If hits == true; goto wounds
If wounds == true; armyPinning(), goto saves
If saves == false; takeWound()
>>
Fluffwise, this is TS seeing someone get re-Flesh-Changed and getting spooked, yes? Or at least going OH SHIT when someone gets zapped by the Warp.

But if they pass FNP, then they resisted warp zapping/flesh change, so everybody stays calm.
>>
>>51652262
>hurr MTG rules say this
There's yer problem. It's a different game, with different rules. What happens in MTG has precisely fuck all to do with how 40k rules are applied.
>>
>>51652303
It was a metaphor for resolution order, the stack doesnt exist, but order still does
>>
doesn't the Phrase as a Result of Perils of the warp allow saves of any kind?

To me it sounds like all saves must be resolved first.
>>
>>51652327
Your metaphor a shit. The order being This Way in a certain game doesn't mean it's the same in a different game.
>>
>>51652006
This is the correct answer. You resolve each 'instance' completely before moving on, therefore FnP saves the wound.
>>
File: putting-gun-to-head.gif (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
putting-gun-to-head.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>>51651599
>no-perks termis
>have 14 of them in the works
>>
So, what's the general consensus (or, the general's consensus, hurr hurr) on the Wolves, Sons, and Custodes/Sisters?
Amazing? Underwhelming? Broken? Shit?
>>
>>51652637
Sisters are really well written, they're not shit, but they're not broken either. Just very well designed.
>>
>>51652637
Wolves are underwhelming. Not cause their rules are bad, but because their limitations seem lacklustre and uninspired. Russ is strong, amazing even, but not as OP as people cry he is.
TSons rules are nice and fluffy. Magnus is broken if you abuse his abilities. Pretty sure he'll be nerfed in tournament play.
Custodes are just boring.
Sisters seem interesting rules wise, but somehow feel a bit lacklustre as well, as in they needed build-in counter vs. TSons.
>>
>>51652637
All 3 have broken shit, but on average they have weaknesses built in. This means some games they'll go off and it will seem impossible, other times they're just a different flavour of marines.
>>
>>51652696
is there any way to fluff loyal thousand sons with custodes or is that just all kinds of power gamey bullshit?
>>
>>51652710
Tsons Praetor running 'Outcast Sons' plus allied detachment of custodes. Even with the fluffy if slightly bad Outcast Sons RoW some nifty combos are possible here.
>>
>>51652710
Pretty difficult. There weren't many of them, so when Magnus called his legion back to Prospero (I will never not find that name amusing) it would have been hard to miss any. I don't even think they spread out all that much.
Also, they started going all mutate-y soon after Prospero burned, so you'd need to fluff how they survive without the Rubric.

But hell, you can make anything work if you try hard enough. Mostly.
>>
>>51652788
>There weren't many of them
They retconned this mate. There 80,000/90,000 of them now. Shit change in my opinion but thats the fluff.
>>
>>51652696
>Wolves are underwhelming.

Good. Last thing we need is bunch of autists screeching "Yiff snowflakes are OP, fuck you furry fucks!"
>>
>>51652815
In A Thousand Sons they indicate there were about 10,000 when the Heresy began. Did this retcon happen in Inferno?
>>
File: DSC_0182.jpg (2MB, 2000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0182.jpg
2MB, 2000x1325px
here's my sicaran battle tank. For Mortarion!
>>
>>51652788
>Also, they started going all mutate-y soon after Prospero burned
Actually if you go with the old fluff Tzeentch protected them until they repeat to the Eye after Terra. The Rubric happens after the scouring, at least it used to. Who know these days with Magnus all sharded and other random shit.
>>
>>51652840
> Did this retcon happen in Inferno?
Yeah, I read all the leaked pages that were dumped. There 63,000ish TSons on Prospero now during the burning. Kind of ruins it for me but I aint a TSon player so cant complain too hard.

ATS was almost completely retconned by Inferno.
>>
>>51652006
>>51652012
>>51652050
Signs doesnt require an unsaved wound, just that the psyker suffered a wound due to perils. YOu can suffer a wound and sill save it. Otherwise the first sentence in FnP isn't needed
>>
>>51652637
Grey Slayers as troops is pretty solid. Getting to charge after firing bolters (even at -1" to charge distance) is pretty badass. Much better than the Blackshield Marauders' charge tactic.
>>
>>51652876

if that is true, its a shame given that ATS set the setting really nice.

T'Kar when?
>>
>>51652788
Those that went with Magnus to the planet of the sorcerors suffered the Flesh Change again. Nothing is said from those that were in the fleets, and there's a history about one ship coming back to see what happened. They weren't suffering from the Flesh Change.
>>
Is Contemptor Mortis with autocannons a decent threat? I'm not getting the Deredeo and I want something that can at least threaten flyers.
>>
>>51653064
Mortis with dual Keres or dual Lascannon.
>>
>>51652981
Not to forget that with shields you can make not-Breachers that work in CC quite well. You lose bolters, defensive grenades and hardened armour, but gain attacks, power fists, frost blades on the sergeant, ability to run and charge, etc.

Apart from my recon and assault squad, I just loaded on slayers, and I'm perfectly happy with it.
>>
>>51653046
You can make him as a Rapotra Praetor easily, just no individual special rules.
There's rules for Amon however, that are pretty neat.
>>
>>51652881
But if the FnP is succesfull, the psyker has no longer suffered a wound due to FnP. And I think it is safe to assume you roll FnP immidiatly after the model takes an unsaved wound.

Generally with rules questions like this, assume that everything should be legally resolved at the end of a phase/turn. If you rolled for pinning tests, but the psyker did not suffer a wound due to perils because it was saved with FnP, the pinning tests should not have been taken.
>>
>>51653056
Arvida was on that ship and he ended up with the change m8.
Not conclusive it happens to them all obv, but the only non-Prospero case we have right now.
>>
>>51652788
>>51653056

I'm starting to like this idea that it was the psychic might of Magnus which brought about the flesh changing, and that his exit into the Warp took the curse with him. Those who remained either became Blackshield pirates or eventually realized that they were no longer afflicted, and became Shattered Legion loyalists.
>>
>>51651179
My own magnus.

Also saving deny the witch dice as appropriate to stop either invis or nova.
>>
>>51653090
What do combat shields do again? They were always such crap back in the day that I just never paid 'em much attention.
>>
>>51653079

Mortis with dual lascannon always seemed like a dumb idea to me, since the point of a contemptor is to get shot at. I would rather go heavy support squad instead.
>>
>>51653123
People seem to forget that the TS found on Prospero by the WS in Scars, who went there to find answers as to what happend to his legion, still very much suffered a great deal from the flesh change.
>>
>>51653112
>But if the FnP is succesfull, the psyker has no longer suffered an unsaved wound due to FnP.

FTFY
>>
>>51653123
It's a nice idea, but kind of the whole set up for the Sons always being fucked over is that Tzeentch cursed them with change from inception, as part of his 200 Year Plan.

I don't think you need to fluff too hard to present Loyalist TSons, you just say they're from a non-Prospero contingent and that's that, all the battles we fight can happen when we say, you just say your guys don't have the flesh change (yet).
>>
>>51653138
Combat and Boarding shields both give 6++ vs. ranged and 5++ in close combat. Boarding shield gives Defensive Grenades and denies +1 Attack from two weapons.
>>
>>51653173

Well I'm part of the Blood Ravens fan club so I'd like some fucking clarity on the hypothesis that they are TS loyalists some time before I die.
>>
>>51653197
You'll likely never get more than what we have now, which is still hugely likely.
Just come up with your own shit.

Like, think of the Blood Drinkers. Some dude in their past made a deal with Kairos Fateweaver so that the chapter wouldn't fall to the Red Thirst, that secret is only known to the head of their Chaplaincy. To all other intents and purposes they are loyal space marines.

Just come up with a similar thing if you want to fluff out your guys continuing as loyalists without mutation in their fluff.
>>
>>51653197
There now officially 20,000 TSon minimum off of Prospero. There's your loyalists.
>>
>>51653112
>>51653165
Right, FnP would prevent it if it were an unsaved wound that was required. Signs tells us to immediately resolve th epinning test right when the psyker suffers a wound, and thus we resolve the pinning before we can resolve the FnP
>>
>>51653249
Plz stop Anon. Youre forcing this way too hard.
>>
>>51653249
If that was how the rules worked, you would also have to remove the model that took a wound before you got to roll for FnP.

First do all the saves, then after that any effects that may or may not trigger.
>>
>>51653249
>FnP would prevent it if it were an unsaved wound that was required.

Yes.

>Signs tells us to immediately resolve the pinning test right when the psyker suffers a wound, and thus we resolve the pinning before we can resolve the FnP.

Rulebook says "must take a Leadership test once the firing unit has finished its shooting attacks for that phase. This is called a Pinning test."

If you're still rolling dice, the shooting attacks are not done for that phase.
>>
>>51652851
Somebody mentioned some stuff in Inferno about Ahriman leading an army of ghosts in the Battle for Terra.

>>51652840
That's old numbers when the legions were still up to 20,000 strong. Actually the Death Guard was the smallest legion at the time as they only had 7,000 marines.

>>51652831
Wolves are not an issue, the players are. I get the book's a clusterfuck, but the inability of yiff players in interpreting the rules is astounding.

>>51652876
Only 1,292 of those defending Prospero escaped to Sortiarius, it's mentioned in "the Talon of Horus" and the book abides by the new canon legion numbers.

>>51653090
And Hand Flamers for 5pts are a steal.
>>
Pariah Flamers on blackshields. Worth it?

Thinking of taking the -1 BS chymeriae trait so I'll have flamers anyways.
>>
>>51653552
Tac Support with Pariah Flamers in a transport works like a charm, yes.
>>
Thinking about fielding TS contemptor talon with force glaive and PF, with an option to substitute graviton guns. Too expensive? Too bullshit? Too pointless compared to Leviathan in a drop pod?
>>
>>51653473
>, it's mentioned in "the Talon of Horus"
Retconned Anon.
>>
>>51653473
>Somebody mentioned some stuff in Inferno about Ahriman leading an army of ghosts in the Battle for Terra.
This is an Imperial theory, not a fact. Could be interesting if it was followed up on. Do you have that image by the way I forgot to save it.
>>
Hey guys. Master of the Legion and Praevian aside, is there any way to bring no-slot units in an AoD FOC?

>>51653241
Yeah, I might use them as my Loyalist TS contigent. Of course, if Traitor rules show up as fun, I'll play them as well
>>
>>51653473
>the inability of yiff players in interpreting the rules is astounding

Such as?
>>
>>51652846
Cute
>>
>>51653241
>There now officially 20,000 TSon minimum off of Prospero. There's your loyalists.
And they're confirmed Corvidae.
Hint hint nudge nudge.
>>
Which marine model has access to a Machinator Array? Red book has it listed in the wargear chapter, but no model has it as an option...
>>
>>51653868
That's mechanicum stuff.
>>
>>51651137
Did scananons post any fluff tidbits from Inferno.

I want that superior FW fluff
>>
>>51653940

There is only one Scananon, and he is dead
>>
>>51653334
>If that was how the rules worked, you would also have to remove the model that took a wound before you got to roll for FnP.
No, because you have to resolve the FnP trigger.

This game uses triggers, but doesn't define what a trigger is. This is what allows us to take saves and resist things, otherwise the roll order would have to be hit-save-wound instead for example.

>>51653342
>This is called a Pinning test
If any unit within the Thousand Sons Detachment suffers a wound as a result of a Perils of the Warp test, the Detachment's controlling player must immediately take a Pinning test for every unit in their force with the Legiones Astares (Thousand Sons) special rule.
>must immediately take a Pinning test
>immediately
>>
>>51653940
The order of battle for the Censure Host, the Wolves and the Sons are kicking about somewhere thanks to phoneposters.
The 3 preview pages Community put up are readable, they describe how the Censure Host was put together, what Prospero was like and confirm that Magnus unlocked the doors and cut the phones lines.
>>
File: 1407383228621.png (734KB, 1062x625px) Image search: [Google]
1407383228621.png
734KB, 1062x625px
My autism is holding me back from kitting out my sergeants.

I'm doing 20 man squads with attached apothecary and extra CCWs, and I figure I'll either go powerfist or power sword/melta bombs on the sergeants, along with artificer armor. Is this enough? I plan to also have combi-flamers on my apothecaries, so a figure a squad like that will be able to handle enough threats with a decent chance to succeed.
>>
>>51653721
"No women, no kids."
>>
How would a custodes army do?
>>
>>51653590
Unless you're planning on outflanking them with Amon, just take cortus contemptors. You're paying 675 points (720 with the gravs) for a unit that will probably only be useful within 12", which is just begging to be lascannoned in the face as it runs up the field, while a cortus talon with fist/chainfist costs 240pts less (195pts less with gravs), which could buy you a ML3 praetor with some toys or a veteran squad with ML1 and shred shells in a rhino, and the cortus are faster. If you want to take osirions, it's probably better to take kheres, giving you more options at range, and run them with either telekinesis or telepathy (telekinesis for mindbullets, with the chance of being a force dome generator or a jump pack dreadnought with levitation, telepathy for scream with the off chance of being invisible).
>>
>>51654023
Pure Custodes ? Against most Legion list build around a RoW supplementing their strengths ? Badly.
>>
>>51653981
>2014
Why am I only now learning about this pic?
If your dudes are DG, power scythes are good. Coupled with artificer of course
>>
>>51653983
I think SW players have been quite consistent and dedicated in following that rule, whether they want to or not.
>>
File: 1268352920281.jpg (115KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
1268352920281.jpg
115KB, 346x500px
Couple of questions for HHG

What are the most point efficient anti tank and anti flyer stuff in Legions? Trying to build my TS now and holy shit the points get eaten up fast if you do anything with psychic powers.

Secondly, what does the SA or Militia do better that Legions don't?
>>
>>51653602
Doesn't need to be retconned because the book's smart enough to have a defined narrator. Khayon was just wrong.
>>
What do you think a good Sister-to-Custodes ratio would be in a Talons of the Emperor army?

Personally, I feel like it would be beneficial to take an almost entirely pure Sisters army with only one or two Custodes units since they're so expensive.
How well would a pure Sisters army do, though?
What about pure Custodes?

Also, is anyone else tempted to play a game of Custodes vs Chymerae Blackshields (+1S/T) marines in pariah armour to reenact the last fight of the Thunder Warriors?
>>
we need a new horus model the one we got is shit
>>
>>51654252
>what does the SA or Militia do better that Legions don't

Bodies. Lots and lots of squishy bodies.
>>
Thoughts on loadouts for RG tartaros terminators?

Current plan is to have 20 of them, either running as two 8-man squads in darkwings, or 2 regular squads and 1 command squad (hands are magnetized for comi-weapons/volkites/banner) in that setup I will have 2 dreadclaws available.

currently I have 7 leftover combi-weapons and plenty of power axes/mauls/hammers from making 40k librarians with a previous set of resin tartaros, but new ones are BoP plastics.

The only reason I'm seeking a discussion beyond "conventional wisdom" is because of the option to upgrade LCs to raven's talons. (MC and rending, for 10pts) and the furious charge effect.
>>
>>51654252
>what does the SA or Militia do better that Legions don't
Numbers. SA can take 20 for 100pts, whereas marines take 10 for 125 (or something, don't have the book on hand). You could take 60 men in 4+ armour for each full tactical squad, which will also have the advantage of being split into 3 units. They can also pump out 2 shots each at 30" if they don't move.
SAs are good at holding ground while their tanks, which they can afford due to cheap troops, do the real damage.

Militia is more gimmicky (like the AP3 heavy bolter thing), and I can't really say much about them. Personally, I think (ie, no proof) that traitor Militia using the Rending-in-assault provenience and one other assault provenience (+WS, maybe? Or +1 init so they can strike marines at the same time?) would be pretty nasty.
Their basic guys are super cheap, so you may even get enough to survive to reach assault. Again, they'd rely on russ tanks and such to really do damage.

Both suffer from a lack of diversity, though.

Marines have to choose between boys and toys, the regular humans can often take both.
>>
>>51654377
Squad with 3-4 sets of Ravens talons has always sounded cool. Regular termies do ok since master crafted and you'll be dishing out a lot wounds on the charge
>>
>>51654382
>Both suffer from a lack of diversity, though.

Militia has an insane amount of customization options via the provenances. You can have proto-marines with T4, 3+ armour and bolters riding Rhinos, Admech allied techno-guard, strong close combat hordes, etc.

Who cares about Russes when you got Malcadors and in case of the SA they got the Malcador Infernus, which is just a big fuck you to any army on foot. Militia also gets breacher shell medusas (S10 Armorbane Blast) and Gorgons as DT.

Militia's biggest problem is the lack of unit diversity and support from FW.
>>
>>51654514
Unit diversity is what I was referring to, I just didn't word it well.
You may be able to manipulate how you field your infantry, but you aren't exactly spoiled for support choices.

>lack of unit diversity and support from FW.
And how.
>>
>>51654572
>And how.

Well hey now, it's all about converting Your Dudes, right? Unless you're a marinefag, in which case you bitch about not getting a box of Catapharctii with CMLs, instead of just buying any one of the plethora of options available to you.

Also, don't you dare to be cheap on your conversions or the angry autists will scream at your poorfag ass.
>>
>>51654610
That's fair.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 366x550px
>>51651170
I am still here you know? I'm just busy with college.
>>
>>51654610
I will be cheap as I fucking want, now tell me where I can buy shakos so I can make Prospero Spire guards
>>
>>51654572
well militia is "your dudes" army so it's basically build a squad from any gw range and then select an appropriate provenance IMO.

>>51651711
You're not the second legion, I'M the second legion and I have the homebrew codex to prove it.
>>
>>51654643
Curious Constructs and Victoria Minis have some historical inspired stuff. There's always cheap ones you can get from, say, Perry Minis, though they might be to small for regular Cadians.
>>
File: image.png (433KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
433KB, 800x850px
Now that I think about it how long until Book 8? I need Muh bangles.
>mfw the waiting gets worse
>>
>>51654748
>solar auxilia power axe dudes with allied militia made from perry foot knights

DON'T MAKE ME DO IT ANON
>>
File: lord-of-lulz.jpg (207KB, 1024x332px) Image search: [Google]
lord-of-lulz.jpg
207KB, 1024x332px
>>51654772
>mfw it comes out by Christmas
>>
So odd request, does anyone have scans of the legion transfer sheets?
>>
File: image.png (124KB, 325x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124KB, 325x266px
>>51654809
That would make me so happy I might actually start playing the game. Shame my wallet wouldn't survive FW's blood libel, but hey they have families to feed.
>>
>>51654772
This Christmas or next February, despite Inferno's delay FW is quite regular in releasing at least 1 HH book at the beginning or end of a year and considering BA/DA already have rules they wont delay it like Inferno.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 430x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 430x384px
>>51654934
>next Febuary
Please no.
>considering BA/DA already have rules they wont delay it like Inferno.
Can't wait to see their full release.
>>
Anyone have comparison pics between plastic and resin tartaros torsos from a side view? I'm assembling my BoP set and the torso is very fat, compared to the Cataphractii torso. I'm wondering if the resin ones are the same.
>>
>>51655014

I don't have assembled plastics, but just looking at my resin ones next to the sprue I can say that they are the same. will take pics if I can get phone to cooperate.
>>
>>51654772
Oh, another bangle buddy. Thought I was the only one.
>>
Is there a legion that looks better in any mark than Blood Angels? They look fucking sexy in every style of armor. They're just fookin jooicy.
>>
>>51655078
that's one of their legion gifts, looking pimp regardless of circumstance,
>>
>>51655063
DAs and BAs for life, Anon.
>>
>>51655078
Indeed. And I'd say their legion specific upgrade pack is the best looking of all of them. FW did a great job making them elegantly detailed, rather than just slapping stuff on the model like GW does.
>>
>>51655078
World Eaters. It helps that their transformations are the most noticeable
>>
>>51655078
RG in mk VI, Ultras in Cataphracii, but other than that it's BA all day.
>>
>>51655078
Anyone got good pics of Blood Angels in MkV?
>>
>>51654831
Anyone at all? I sorta wanna just print out my own.
>>
Inferno PDF out yet?
>>
>>51655078
Night Lords look really good in mixed armour. MKIV chests and legs with MKV heads and shoulder pads (or maybe MKIII shoulders, I like the towering, extra-protection look about as much as the studs) is pretty great looking.

That being said, BAs would look great in that too.
>>
>>51655322

It's not going to happen anon.
>>
>>51655322
The rules are in the OP. It's all perfectly readable, too.
>>
>>51655373
But I want fluff, dog.
>>
>>51651203
It's been mentioned in there since the very first black book. Why do people keep acting as if only Tartaros and Cataphractii were around?
>>
File: fluff dog.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
fluff dog.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>51655385
>>
>>51655417

Wiggers don't read.
>>
>>51655385
There's one on ebay for $250 US if you're that desperate.
>>
File: 1284070596188.gif (2MB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
1284070596188.gif
2MB, 400x345px
>>51655424
>>
File: 6e40457e8f-1486700107728.jpg (12KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
6e40457e8f-1486700107728.jpg
12KB, 216x233px
>>51655473
>When you get beat up by a generic Custode HQ

I-iron within.
>>
>>51655538
That's what you get for turning on the Imperium, maggot.
>>
>>51655459
Feels > Reels.
>>
File: 1486654901511.jpg (123KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486654901511.jpg
123KB, 480x640px
Why do people keep calling this Saturnine pattern? The book that this pic comes from doesn't mention Saturnine at all, it specifically says that this design was a custom job made by Vulkan.
>>
File: Spiritual Liege Intensifies.jpg (14KB, 354x261px) Image search: [Google]
Spiritual Liege Intensifies.jpg
14KB, 354x261px
>>51655094
DA BA dee, DA BA die.
>>
>>51651599
Does Tartaros still not have a higher points cost to offset Sweeping Advance?
>>
>>51655656
nope, same as cataphractii doesn't for the extra invuln
>>
>>51655615
It is incredibly reminiscent of a very old and fairly obscure pattern of Terminator armor from the Rogue Trader days, which was known then as a Saturnine pattern Terminator armor (of which I don't have a screencap)

Until FW or GW puts out something concrete, it's only speculation.
>>
>>51655538
What is wrong with that Pert?
>>
>>51655761
He's trying to hold the bitterness in but it's destroying him.
>>
>>51655706
It gets Slow and Purposeful as an added tax though.

>>51655748
>It is incredibly reminiscent of a very old and fairly obscure pattern of Terminator armor from the Rogue Trader days
"Incredibly reminiscent" is putting it mildly.

>which was known then as a Saturnine pattern Terminator armor
First I've ever heard of this.
>>
>>51655538
Hype without.

Oh he got dat Mango Deredeo
It's Heresy baybee!
>>
>>51655748
>>
Taking bets for whats going up tonight
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 1024x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 1024x623px
>>51655795
So what happened already?
>>
File: perdornbo.png (284KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
perdornbo.png
284KB, 300x380px
A teleporter mishap fuses Dorn and Pert into Perdornbo. Who can stop his autistic super rampage?
>>
>>51655929
Those ridiculously top-heavy Custodes bolter dudes. What was it, the Sagittarum Guard or something?

It'll be something Custodes, at any rate. Maybe with a few more trainee-sculptor-tier Knight heads, if we're lucky.
>>
>>51655899
Again, it was pretty obscure even within RT. IIRC, there was only one actual text description of it, the model itself being referred to as Terminator A, B, or C for sale purposes (I forget which specifically). This >>51655918, courtesy of anon, was the original (and only) model for the Saturnine pattern.

Considering what they did to update the 'eggnaught' from RT to modern standards, it's not exactly far fetched that the image you posted is the modern rendition of the Saturnine.
>>
>>51655918
I've only ever seen that labeled as mki prototype terminator armour, or banner armour by fans (the full model as a large banner bit that attaches to the back).

Then there's mkii, aka cobra pattern by fans, which from the front looks like iron man 2 suit that held up the pillar at the end.
>>
>>51653958
>must immediately take a Pinning test

Well, when a model with FnP suffers a wound it also has to IMMEDIATLY make a FnP roll
>>
>>51655967
>Perdornbo
>Primarch of the Imperial Warriors
>So paranoid he never sleeps, he never lies and loads his basilisks with tactical vortex nukes
>The Pain Glove is mandatory and always set to max level, 1 in 10 marines are expected to die in it.
>Legion motto: DANGER CLOSE! DANGER CLOSE!
>>
>>51655975
Yeah, I remembered the model. I suspected that they might've been planning on making it the Saturnine, but the way that the black books described Saturnine (basically another standard issue TDA pattern) is kind of at odds with the proto-Centurion Devastator role that the Termies have in that art.

Then again, FW did retcon the Tartaros' flexibility and lighter weight from a fluff point with no tabletop impact to being enough to warrant Sweeping Advances in only a few years, so I wouldn't be surprised if they reworked Saturnine in a similar way.
>>
>>51655929
If its anything TSons related ill be getting it
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 553x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 553x579px
>>51655967
What have you done? You created a monster! Wait. I have an idea on now this could work https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qOpa2j8HiE4
>>
File: tp_tuvix.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tp_tuvix.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>51655967
>>
>>51655993
I think the Mk 1/2/3 names are a fan invention. GW's always been pretty adamant, that Terminator armour never had a linear development process that a Mark system would imply, but that it's actually a blanket term for different armours that were produced in parallel to fill the same role.
>>
>>51655993
>>51655975
Official label is just Variant 1, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>51655975
I think the only description I've ever seen of Pauldrons McPad has been as "MkI".

I think the name "Saturnine" didn't come until FW books. And since Indomitus is the regular TDA, cataphractii is the classic HH TDA, Tartaros is the FW OC donut steel TDA, the only real variant without a name is the Huge McShoulders. There's also the very old grill face terminator, though I think it's just a variant of the Indomitus.
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
>>51655078
Given how his geneseed can turn a rad infectedn scabbed overn malnourished manlet into a 7 foot tall angelic aryan demi god of war, I wonder what Terrans and others thought of their Primarch before being reuinited with him?
>>
>>51654252
>What are the most point efficient anti tank and anti flyer stuff in Legions? Trying to build my TS now and holy shit the points get eaten up fast if you do anything with psychic powers.
Gee anon. I don't trust maths done by others the same I don't trust witches.
Still, give Lightnings a look.
>>
>>51656025
FnP has no wording like "immediately". Both rules occur at the same time but only one, Signs and Portents, has timing with the use of the actual word "immediately". So both rules occur at once, you determine order, Sings has priority.
>>
>>51656297
Are people really this retarded? Or is it just memeing?
>>
>>51656272
well, it's not necessarily the most points effcient but the sicaran venator gets honorable mention for being able to save your army from super-heavies.

Deredeo with anvillus is excellent for killing fliers and light to medium armor, the arachnus variant is also excellent for tank hunting, due to the exo-shock rule, and both are much easier to hide in cover than large vehicles.

if you don't mind stuff being in reserves, leviathans or chainfist terminator squads in dreadclaws, or lightnings.
>>
>>51656304
Ok, memeing aside, shitposting aside, fedora logic tipping whatevers aside. Disreagrd the whole FnP vs Signs discussion.

You have two rules that trigger at the exact same time:
One says that it must happen immediately.The other has no stipulation about timing.

You can only resolve one at a time, which do you resolve first?
>>
>>51656304
Have you read the rulebook? The word "immediately" is used in very specific cases. It's not there as a flavor text.
>>
>>51656353
>You have two rules that trigger at the exact same time:
They really dont. I used to think the FAQ were dumbed down for kids but people are actually this dumb.

>>51656354
You finish resolving wound first. This includes FnP. Stop trying to force your retarded reading of the rules. If someone honestly attempted to force this I would just pack up and leave. I dont even play TS lol.
>>
File: Iron_Fists_Assault_Marine.jpg (163KB, 494x813px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Fists_Assault_Marine.jpg
163KB, 494x813px
>>51655967
Salute your Primarch, Iron Fists.
Salute he who fortified the Olwinttia cluster and made the Dark Judges pay for their arrogance.
Salute your fort-sire and general of the 4-7th legion. Salute him, Astartes!
>>
>>51656385
>>You have two rules that trigger at the exact same time:
>They really dont. I used to think the FAQ were dumbed down for kids but people are actually this dumb.
Ok youre going to have to elaborate on why they dont trigger at the same time. because
>You finish resolving wound first
is not a rule
>>
>>51656431
This has come up before and was FAQed, go check it out. The reason its not stated is because they thought no-one who would try and game the system this hard would actually get to play games with other people, so it wouldnt come up see?
>>
>>51656419
This is actually pretty dope, alternate reality,

Dorn and Perturabo form...

Doturabo
>>
Guys, there is a way around Russ' OP armour. The rule is :
>In addition, enemy models in base contact with Leman Russ at their Initiative step of the fight sub phase suffer a -1 penalty To Hit in assault, increasing to a -2 penalty if they have been in base contact for more than one turn of close combat

Notice how it says their 'Initiative' step, and nothing about the Initiative the model strikes at. So if you bring weapons with Unwieldy or Reaping Blow, you don't suffer the To Hit penalty !

>Rules lawyering night goooo
>>
>>51655967
Let's keep going with these fusions. I wanna cut the primarchs down to 9. Who would fuse with whom? Other than Dorn and Pertuabo, of course.
>>
>>51656465
I see the hellfrost and wargear faq entry about FnP, where is the one that equates to "Feel No Pains retroactive wound discounting prevents all triggered effects from suffering a wound regardless of if were saved beforehand"
Also that wasnt sarcasm, I'm actually asking. Also GW rules team and FW arent the same.
>>
File: what the fuck am i printing.jpg (62KB, 486x653px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i printing.jpg
62KB, 486x653px
>>51656481
It would be pretty interesting if the Emperor decided to halve the number of Primarchs and just combined pairs of the existing primarchs.

>Pertudorno
>Lorgiman Aureliboute
>Felgrus Manim
>Sangronius
>Horkan
>Maghatai the Red Khan
>Konrad Korax
>Lionman Russon
>Mortarius Omorton
>>
>>51656515
Unwieldy stuff makes the user fight at a certain initiative step, and Russ' armour makes them take a penalty at that initiative step.

It's a bit of a reach to rules lawyer that much.
>>
File: 1461809557602.jpg (399KB, 737x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461809557602.jpg
399KB, 737x1000px
>>51656515
"thwir initiative step of the fight" is the In at which they strike. Is they're unwieldy, they're still striking at I1, whereupon they're affected by the chilling effect.
>>51656481
I really thought I wrote "Dornturabo", Lord of the Iron Walls.
>>51656532
I want too.
Perhaps Curzarion/ Deathmaster Mortus?
>>
>>51656515
also if you dogpile him (kek) with models the ones outside base contact will not be affected. this can be gamed somewhat by using vehicles or other methods of forcing a narrow contact corridor. guys in the front are fucked but everyone else behind just keeps on swinging.
>>
Has anyone scanned the Thousand Sons lore sections yet?
>>
>>51656576

Every time you ask, it's going to be another week until a shitty phone scan.
>>
>>51656550
Please tell me you dont actually play the game? You just pretend and model right?
>>
>>51654252
>Anti-tank
Magus with a strength D nova

>flyers
Invisibility
>>
>>51656586
Then I'll expect it by Christmas.
>>
>>51655972
I fucking hope so. I want them bolterstodes so bad.
>>
>>51656597
I'm seriously asking where in the FAQ that tells us FnP negates all "suffered wound" effects, IE not the one for wargear.

because if it exists, the point is moot.
>>
File: 2144.jpg (31KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
2144.jpg
31KB, 333x500px
>>51656554
eh, curze and corax are already too similar, being flip sides of the same coin, so a combo of the two wouldn't really be any different from just curze. Corax did have a thing for building lasting political institutions, having many debates with gulliman on the topic, so perhaps:

>[Curse/Lorgar] (both had limited prescience, lorgar handled his better until he went batshit)
>Robvus Corillman
>>
File: 1474907563743.jpg (163KB, 547x511px) Image search: [Google]
1474907563743.jpg
163KB, 547x511px
>>51656554
Lorboute Guirelian
Sangrorus
Curzarion
Lionman El'Russon
Felgrus Manim
Jaghatai Vulkhan
Mangrus
Corpharius Omegax

Sigiskharn
Corswatar
Koreonid Thielaon
>>
>>51656649
>Q: Does a wound negated by Feel No Pain count as saved or unsaved for the purposes of wargear that has an effect if a unit suffers an unsaved wound?
>A: It counts as saved, unless specifically stated otherwise.
>>
>>51656532
Conrad + Corax : They're basically the same, one is just full suicidal emo and the other not yet.

Mortarion + Vulkan : Literally unkillable now, doesn't even need to respawn anymore.

Sanguinius + Fulgrim : Beautifull enough to give Slaanesh him/herself a run for his/her money

Leman Russ + Angron : all the rage

Ferrus + Lorgar : Machines are good at repetative things, Lorgar keeps on preaching the same things ... it makes sense alright.

Khan + Magnus : the ultimate has-no-friends primarch

Guillimanm + Horus : because they both really wanted their own Imperium to rule, even if one of them doesn't admit it

Lion + Alpharius : ultimate secrecy
>>
>>51656550
Helfrost also says "unsaved wounds."
>>
>>51656677
>for the purposes of wargear that has an effect if a unit suffers an unsaved wound?
>for the purposes of wargear
>unsaved vs not suffered
You're killing me, I said not the wargear one. Thats only wargear and unsaved vs saved. We dont care about that, we care if the discounted of the wound caused by FnP stops all "suffered a wound" effects I want it to be worded like

>Q: Does a wound negated by Feel No Pain count as saved, unsaved, and/or suffered for the purposes of a rule that has an effect if a unit suffers an unsaved wound?
>A: It counts as saved, unless specifically stated otherwise, and prevents all effects that require a model to have suffered a wound.
That would solve this debate instantly. That is how you make an all inclusive FAQ
>>
>>51656725
Well shame on GW and FW for not hiring lawyers to make sure their rules are watertight.

If you're going to be this literal when it comes to rules and won't accept examples of similiar rulings as to what the RAI can be, you're in the wrong hobby. Go defend criminals in court or something.
>>
>>51656554
>>51656656

These names are stupid enough to actually be canon.

>Gorillian
>>
>>51656649
"... on a 5+ the Wound is discounted -- treat it as having been saved."

Anyone who would seriously argue this is an ass not worth playing. I wouldn't even do my fallback of rolling for it, I don't care of it was a tournament. I'd pack up and leave.
>>
>>51656725
>>A: It counts as saved, unless specifically stated otherwise, and prevents all effects that require a model to have suffered an unsaved wound.

FTFY
>>
How the hell does cult arcana work, what units have it?
>>
>>51656748
>Go defend criminals in court or something.
Sometimes I do wonder about that.

>>51656762
>>A: It counts as saved, unless specifically stated otherwise, and prevents all effects that require a model to have suffered an unsaved wound.
Back to the saved vs suffered loop. Really the wording on the Signs and Portents rule is the source of the problem. Had they just said "unsaved wound" instead of wounds(plural for some reason too, thats pretty weird) it would have been avoided.
>>
>>51656725
You need psychiatric help.
>>
>>51656563
I'd say Curze and Sanguinus. Bat wings, blood, terror! It'd be metal as fuck.

Mort and Ferrus.
Lion and Magnus.
Russ and Horus.
Lorgar and Vulkan.
Khan and Angron.
Corvus and Alpharius.
Girlyman and Fulgrim.
>>
>>51656779
All LA:TS have it. It's their legion rules. Like how IF have BS5 bolters.
>>
File: ruski-kvaliti.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ruski-kvaliti.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51656811
>Had they just said "unsaved wound" instead of wounds(plural for some reason too, thats pretty weird) it would have been avoided.

Of course my fix hinges on this being the case as well. The fact that GW has been so adamant about it being "unsaved wound" any change from that makes you think that 1) it's an oversight or B) a deliberate deviation. Though in the case of deviations, one would expect the rule to make it clear it's a deviation. Then again, Forge World quality control.
>>
>>51656779
This:>>51656825
The pages on the OP pdf are out of order. The cult arcana is a continuation of their legion rules, not a new entry like the WB dark channeling. That tripped me up too until I noticed the page thing.
>>
>>51656846
>Forge World
>Quality Control

These things do not coëxcist
>>
Is it okay to use plastic Basilisks in 30k?
>>
>>51656825
>>51656874
I see, thanks
>>
>>51656885
sure, long as there aren't filthy pleb humens running it.
>>
File: Forgeworld quality.jpg (222KB, 1051x1247px) Image search: [Google]
Forgeworld quality.jpg
222KB, 1051x1247px
>>51656878
This

I sent them an email a week ago about a replacement part and still no reply
>>
>>51656846
This is true, their wording of rule sin general is very deliberate without being inclusive. It's painful.

Side note: I love how you said 1) then B) instead of 2), I don't know if it was intentional but I do this to people all the time to mess with them.
>>
>>51656885
I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Though there are people who probably object it on the basis it isn't made entirely out of FW resin.
>>
>>51656885
>Is it okay to use 40K models in games of Warhammer 30K, The Horus Heresy?

No. Go be a poorfag somewhere else. Kys t b h fampai
>>
>>51656910
Keep mailing. I hear from a lot of people that FW are really bad at replying to emails though. A veteran FW resin addict I know always calls them first, and only sends a mail if they ask for it. But I guess that could not be an option depending on your timezone.
>>
File: 1265395837724.gif (213KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1265395837724.gif
213KB, 512x384px
>>51656930
>and there's this guy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
>>51656885
>>51656924
>>51656930
Let the galaxy BURN.
>>
>>51656885
That's what they used before FW decided that they have to make money off of you.

I have two chimera hulls that I'm converting into a pair of medusas with 3rd party guns. I just like the rugged look of a stock Chimera.
>>
>>51656955
>Poorfag babby faggot is butthurt his mummy doesn't give him enough money to buy the actual models to play the actual game.

Fuck off, don't you have some food stamps to beg for? Get a real job and play the game the way it's meant to, you fucking social parasite.
>>
File: 1468786729894.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
1468786729894.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
>>51656989
>you forgot yfw
>>
>>51656989
remember kids, don't take the bait

>>51656967
this

Also, you could just get a basilisk gun setup and slap it onto a Rhino (for marines) or Russ (for auxilia).
>>
>>51656705
You know what I liked your combinations better

Lionpharius El'Johmegon: Ultimate secrecy, Primarch of the Dark Legion

Fulgrinius: Paragon Hawkboy and Phoenician Regis, Primarch of the Emperor's Angels, later the Blood's Children.

Dornturabo: Siegemaster of Terra, Primarch of the Iron Fists. Earlier cognomen: the Imperial Corpsegrinders.

Magathai Kanus: The Crimson Hawk, Primarch of the Thousand Scars. BIKER WIZARDS!

Felgar Maurelian: The Golden Hand (aaaay goldfinger), Primarch of the Storm Heralds.

Lengron Russkyr: The Lord of the Red Snow, afflicted with the Wolf's Nails, Primarch of the Voracio Luporum.

Roborous: Warmaster of the 500 Worlds, Primarch of the Wolfborn, later the Sons of Macragge.

Volkarion: The Death Drake, Primarch of the Fire Guard.

Corvus Curze (I'm at a loss here): The Haunting Raven, Primarch of the Night Clad.
>>
File: me reading HH books.jpg (190KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
me reading HH books.jpg
190KB, 436x600px
Fuuuuuuuck.

Damn you, Inferno! Now I'm going to have an even harder time choosing a 30k army!

Do I make some Blackshields for the modelling opportunities and flexibility?
Do I run Death Guard using a small amount of FW Plague Marine kits to make them a late-Heresy, mid-transformation force?
Or Wolves! Customizeable basic troops choice and aggressive play style!
Alpha Legion is also on the table since they just look so damn fun to play.
Or what about a Sons of Horus army lead by Abaddon, with most models having one or more black panels so they can be proto-Black Legion??
Or Custodes! I could fit a full 3000pt army in one small case for easy transport!
But who could discount the doughty Imperial Fists? Emprah had son who was a wall. Wall called Dorn. Also bolters.
But then again, I could also buy up a bunch of Vostroyans and use them as Imperial Army troopers as a Blanche homage.
And don't get me started on Mechanicum.
Oh, and Sisters of Silence! Beautiful models that match the art almost perfectly, another good choice!
And then there are the DAngely-BAngelies.
Or I could run Emperor's Children and finally get to use up those MKVII chests I've been avoiding using.

This is killing me. I love them all so much.
Do I focus on the models I like the most? The play style? The ability to use them in 30k and 40k?
>>
>>51657149
But of course :^)
>>
File: rhino.png (625KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rhino.png
625KB, 2000x1200px
>>51657149
Yes.
>>
>>51657149
I liked that image a lot more before I knew it was from Jack and Jill.
>>
Does the thousand sons "sun/star" symbol have a name beyond sun/star?
>>
>>51657066
>Lionpharius El'Johmegon
El'megon flows better, IMO.

>Corvus Curze
Cornrad Curzax?
>>
>>51657149
Alright, ok enough memeing.
>Blackshields
What's your plan for them? The DG and AL are recorded to have Big Guise, so you could make some Chymeriae there, but about the
>Alpha Legion
You only like the theoretical concept of them, which does look fun. Maybe get (or try) to know them a bit more
For
>SoH
and
>DG
you want transitional models, so you could get dark pickelhaube minis and choose at the midst of painting which legion you want them to be from
>Custodes
Easy to transport, the complete opposite of the
>Imperial Army (Vostroyans)
meaning you're merely hyped on Custards and like Blanche's art. Same for Sisterdes.
And I won't get you started on Mechanicum or EC.

That's my (lack of) advise. And all marine armies can be used in 30k and in 40k.
>>
>>51657268
Agreed.
>>
>>51657237
I think it's called the eye of magnus
>>
>>51657237
Some scans went up on Battle Bunnies in the last day or so, which referred to it as a "solar glyph". See here: http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/inferno-overview-thousand-sons.html
>>
>>51657334
>solar glyph
perfect, thanks
>>
>>51657271
Thank you for the detailed response.
If I do Blackshields I'll probably run them as Outlanders with a mercenary/pirate theme. I know the deathlocks are kind of shit, but it would be fun to try and model a few anyway. The range of weapon options would allow me to really go all out making each marine, or at least squad, unique. And the idea of marines with lasguns is just hilarious.
They'd be marines who got disillusioned after the war tore down all they've lived to build, so now they're through with lofty ideals and look after themselves.
Hulk smash! marines also sound fun, though.

Good point about Alphas and Children and such. When it comes down to it I just like the others more.

As for Sisters, I'd run them with few, if any, Custodes. I like the Sisters' vibe and look, but in model form I can't say the Custodes live up to their art. Also, I play SoBs in 40k, so SoS have a great familiar-but-different mystique.
But maybe that is just the hype.

I'm still undecided, but that certainly helped. Thanks again!
>>
File: thousand sons review robots.jpg (197KB, 1005x641px) Image search: [Google]
thousand sons review robots.jpg
197KB, 1005x641px
>>51657334
>http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/inferno-overview-thousand-sons.html
They're beautiful.
>>
>>51657453
Also, yes, I love the aesthetic of a transitional-stage chaos force. I've seen SoH w/ mixed green and black and love the way they look and already like their mid-to-close-range play style.
Then there are the Death Guard. I've always liked their regimental, yet battle-worn look. The idea of sneaking more overly Nurgle-ish iconography and bits in and around their regular stuff just sounds just great. "What have we done?" and all that. Also, their static, or at least slow-paced tactics would work fine for me as well.
Contradictory, I know.
>>
>>51657491
Those just make we want to even more use the SoH torsos with the "eye" on the front for Rubric Marines. The whole eyes in the middle theme.
>>
>>51657491
Shit, are they all upgrade kits? I'm gonna be annoyed if I have to buy marines again buy seperate arm bits just so I can do blade squads.
>>
>>51657643
I think it's a whole new models.
>>
>>51654772
Agreed. Mostly cause i need me my Dark Mechanicum though.
>>
>>51657643
The Sekhmet and Kenetai are, but I think the Castellax-Achea are a completely separate kit to the regular Castellax. Pretty much every part of them has Thousand Sons-specific details.
>>
>>51651203
You can also use GW rhinos if you wish
>>51651711
>imperial rangers
>this fag
How long has it been man a year?
>>
>>51657747
>You can also use GW rhinos if you wish

And Dreads, bikes, speeders, land raiders, super-heavies, etc.
>>
File: notPlague marine.jpg (49KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
notPlague marine.jpg
49KB, 396x500px
>>51657523
So, Typhon, can you guide us through the warp storm?
Heh...yeah...
[The Death Guard become Nurgle's Plague Marines]

>[Mortarion and Typhon]
What have we done?
Are we now doomed?
The Death Guard is something
Entirely new
And it wasn't quite me
And it wasn't quite you
I think I heard someone
Entirely new

>[Typhon]
Oh...um
Well I just can't stop thinking

>[Mortarion]
So...um
Did you say it was witchery?

>[Typhon]
And you hadn't before?

>[Mortarion]
Of course not
When would I have ever?

>[Typhon]
I'm so sorry

>[Mortarion]
No, no, don't be

>[Typhon]
And now you're his (Nurgle's) forever!

>[Mortarion]
What about you?

>[Typhon]
What about me?

>[Mortarion]
Well you're his too
We're his together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgCMkL1gbc
>>
Can I use a Knight Errant to fill the 1 required HQ per 1,000pts. of an SW army?
>>
>>51657066
>Lord of the red snow
>wolf nails
Kek
>>
>>51657066
>>51656705
These are fun, but I still like the idea of Sanguinius with Curze. A bat-winged Night Haunter, or a sadistic, murderous, yet still beautiful Sanguinius sound great.
>>
>>51657890
Who was trying to claim Sanguinius? Khorne?
In a dream he saw himself as the Angel of Blood, with skeletal wings.
>>
>>51657919
No idea. Makes sense, of course, but he could have fit rather well with Slaanesh too.
>>
>>51657919
Fear to Tread would say Khorne, with a light dose of Slannesh
>>
>>51657684
Just really annoyed that every other legion gets legit terminator kits while I have to double buy and throw away torsos.
>>
File: vlad.jpg (92KB, 700x863px) Image search: [Google]
vlad.jpg
92KB, 700x863px
>>51657890
>bat and blood theme

Wonder what their primarch would be like...
>>
>>51657974
>doesn't buy extra legs and other bits and double his models

Squeeze dem pennies.
>>
>>51657982
>>51657890
Astorath the Grim already looks like a Night Lord, so it's pretty fitting.
I'm actually converting him to use as my NL Praetor.
>>
>>51658002
Fuck it, I'm running them in Tartaros so I can use the 40k ones.
>>
File: IMG_20170210_002244.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_002244.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
What are you nerds working on this weekend. I'm assembly lining silver details on a bunch of ugly berserkers
>>
>>51658027
At this rate, nothing. the weather is just too shit for me to prime
>>
File: NightLords.png (1MB, 1159x637px) Image search: [Google]
NightLords.png
1MB, 1159x637px
>>51658027
I should be finishing my Night Lords. They're just about ready for painting, but I've been procrastinating something fierce.
I've got to convert four or five more power weapons for my assault squads (which is a pain since they're the metal chaos raptors).
>>
>>51658027
Nothing because I can't convince myself to buy BaC.
>>
>>51658128

So why are you posting here?

Are you a Resinfag?
>>
>>51658133
Because it's the only 30k thing I can do. My last game was 4 months ago, and I know what ever legion forces I buy won't see more than 24 hours of table time in the next year.
>>
>>51658200
That's why I lean towards traitor forces. It makes it easier to use them as Chaos Marines, doubly so with the new Traitor Legions book. That way you can still get games in even with opponents who refuse to play against 30k armies.
>>
>>51658214
Honestly, that's only word bearers though
>>
>>51658219
Irons Warriors, Alpha Legion, Sons of Horus's Lunar Legion, Emperor's Children, and World Eaters all work pretty well. World Eaters look great with their original colours almost completely covered by speckles of blood, for example.
>>
>>51656603
>Invisibility
I want this meme to die.

Magnus will and should not be rolling on the Telepathy table since besides invisibility, he has no powers that he himself would benefit in there. He's much better off fishing for biomancy and pyromancy powers for D blast. Telepathy is reserved for the lv3 praetor or lv 2 librarian and those can actually be isolated and be killed.

Also people forget that each unit can cast each of their powers once so you have to watch out for invisibility and counter that likely just once, or if the TS player makes it uncounterable, it's likely getting a peril and at that point the entire army shits itself to the ground.
>>
>>51652846
>jagged edges

Recast. Nice paintjerb though.
>>
>>51657066
Make it Wolf Claws in his head.

Might also call him something like Anubis. Roborus sounds like a dumb robot.

Is Felgar religiously admech?
>>
>>51655258
Out of pure interest, how'd you do that?
You could always draw your own, they aren't hard to do. I did some icons to be cut out of brass, but I'm still waiting for them.
>>
>Ammitara Occult Intercession Cabal

>Mind Killer
>Warp Charge: 2
>This is a blessing that targets the Psyker unit. While it is in effect, the unit may re-roll all its failed To Hit and To Wound rolls, and all of its shooting attacks gain the Ignore Cover special rule.

Initial I liked the sound of this unit and its unique power, until I realised that because this isnt a part of the cult powers it only harnesses on 4+. 5 dicing it to 'guarantee' it not only costs too many WC, but it is bound to roll perils eventually. This is something the TSons really want to avoid.

Because of this I'm wondering if this entire unit will now be worthless when viewing the force as a larger whole, as why add such a risky unit that you have to invest so much into? Thoughts people?
>>
>>51658395
>Roborous
It was either that or Horoute, which sounds too close to Horatio. Guilliman's and Horus' names don't quite mix together, especially their last names.
>Is Felgar religiously admech?
His sin was to stay too long in recently compliant planets helping restore and establish their industrial capabilities, only below Forgeworld tier, spreading the Creed of the Omnissiah.
>Might also call him something like Anubis
IDK, Russ has no wolf name, and is more related to the Kievan Russ than to actual wolves.
It's his legion the ones who are at fault

Maybe Anubite lord Kharn the Axehanded is more to your liking?
>>
>>51658478
I really don't think the risk outweighs the rewards. Sure they are the best snipers in the game. But sniper are terrible.

The best use I've thought of is deploying a MoS in your deployment, infiltrating them around him within coherency, then on your turn joining them, popping mind killer, and using d3 twinlinked, ignores cover, orbital bombardments with shred. Even then you could just get a typhon.

They are surprising good in melee against chumps. They have MASSIVE discounts considering their stock wargear and price, compare to recons with the same kit. You could make a case for using them as denial units/objective harassers with plasmaguns. Theres better, but if you really like the units thematics or fluff...
>>
>>51658518
>I really don't think the risk outweighs the rewards.
Yeah, I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing. I also just checked and they cant grab the 'stops perils' thing that costs 10 points which might have saved them.

>They have MASSIVE discounts considering their stock wargear and price
Thats what I first noticed, its just that everything doesnt come together well when building the list.
>>
>>51655014
They look about the same in pics, but resin Tartaros seem to suffer from skipping leg day the way FW MKIV do.

>>51656554
>>>Lionman Russon
No, the fusion of the two would just create a perfectly normal guy.
I'm mix Lion with one of the other autists for AUTISMUS MAXIMUS.
Or with Luther.

>>51656568
This. I want to see the BL do his confrontation against Horus with the Wolfkin kepping getting in between the two to save Russ from harm and thus preventing his chillmour from affecting Horus, with him swinging Worldbreaker at Russ over their heads while shredding them with the Talon.
>>
>>51656819
>Lion and Magnus.
My two favorite Primarchs and Legions? I love you, anon!

>Lion El'Magnuson
>Primarch of the Thousand Angels (called 'Dark Sons' by the types of Russ, Curze and Mortarion)
>Superb tactical planning allied with psychic mastery
>Even Eldrad Ulthran is jealous
>Not even Tzeentch can go 'just as planned' as these guys
>Luther was never sent away, because more sympathetic Librarians could understand him and his motives and deal with it better (the best psychologists in the galaxy are from Tizca!)
>Space Wolves double dislike them
>That bizarre teleporter thing DA found in normal timeline now has friends to talk to
>>
>>51656586
Are you doing a Half-Life 3 on us?

Gaaabe!
>>
THoughts on a second legion to ally with RG? Currently stuck between salamanders and ultras.

Sallies are sworn brothers, and have tanks to match RG lack thereof.

Ultras I'm drawn to the roman aesthetic and the fulmentarus terminators.

Last option would be to do a loyalist IW force, tyrant seige terminators are somewhat attractive, and they might mesh well with the mechanicum I have if I choose to run them solo.
>>
>>51656819
We should probably start a new thread for Primarch fusion fun times so we don't shit up this general.
>>
File: Amon.png (869KB, 941x730px) Image search: [Google]
Amon.png
869KB, 941x730px
Ben Kingsley?
>>
What a letdown.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-EU/Mazarall-The-Butcher-Daemon-Prince

Why the fuck do all Khorne daemons have backne?
>>
File: Amon.jpg (22KB, 340x300px) Image search: [Google]
Amon.jpg
22KB, 340x300px
>>51658639
Ben Kingsley.
>>
>>51658731
Heavy roid abuse
>>
>>51656910
They literally response to me next day, every time...
And they say it's a loose troll breaking stuff...
But hey, got another deimos predator, and five more grave Wardens from them, so can't complainr
>>
>>51656989
Isn't sad that I sort of agree?
Do people WANT to be that guy with either all 40k models, or all chinacast, who then drive away in their shit run down cars, while the rest of us with jobs play with all FW and drive off in nice cars?
Sometimes I almost feel guilty I'm successful around some of these bums who choose to play this ridiculously expensive hobby while poor
>>
Alright, so I've got about 275 points left in my list and I'm trying to figure out what I could bring that'd pack a decent punch when dealing with AV. I'm running a Sacrificial Offering list and I've narrowed things down to a pair of Cortus dreads, a Land Raider, or another Deredeo. My list is as follows:

Word Bearers, 3000 Points

HQ: Erebus – 195 Points
Chaplain, Jump Pack, Burning Lore – 135 Points

Elites: Contemptor-Mortis, Kheres Cannons – 180 Points
Contemptor-Mortis, Kheres Cannons – 180 Points
10X Cataphractii Terminators, 10X Power Axes, 8X Combibolters, 2X Plasma Blasters – 355 Points

Troops: 10X Assault Marines, 2X Power Swords, 1X Lightning Claw, Artificer Armour, Melta Bomb, Dark Channeling – 250 Points
10X Assault Marines, 2X Power Swords, 1X Lightning Claw, Artificer Armour, Melta Bomb, Dark Channeling – 250 Points
Legion Support Squad, 10X Flamers, Rhino – 210 Points

Heavy Support: Deredeo Dreadnought, Arachnus Lascannons, Aiolos Missile Launcher – 270 Points
Whirlwind Scorpius – 115 Points
Land Raider Phobos – 225 Points

Fortification: Castellum Stronghold, 2X Twin-linked Lascannons, Comms Relay – 335 Points

Allies: Cults – 480 Points
Provenances: Tainted Flesh, Alchem-jackers – 70 Points
HQ: Force Commander – 50 Points

Troops: 50X Inducted Levies – 100 Points
50X Inducted Levies – 100 Points

Heavy Support: Leman Russ Demolisher – 160 Points
>>
File: Pepelon_Skorr.png (682KB, 500x621px) Image search: [Google]
Pepelon_Skorr.png
682KB, 500x621px
>>51658993
>>
>>51659102
Well, I forgot to remove that Raider and there are a few things I could alter to gain the extra points for the cortus pair if that's the best option.
>>
>>51658993
Im a student with an army of a few bits of resin from fw and the rest is plastic that existed at the time ofnthe heresy.
I dont have a car, get the bus and have all my hh books on pdf.
Hate me /hhg/
>>
>>51659102
I should also note that I intended to remove the Russ.
>>
>>51659105
Frog post me all you want but it's true.
Isn't it embarrassing to be the guy driving up to the FLGS in your beater car, carrying your models around in literally the box's the chinacast guy send the parts in?
>>
>>51659123
I don't hate you. Why waste the time or effort? What's the point?
I guess a comparison would be someone of my income trying to join the nicest golf club in the city. I could probably scrap together the cash to pay the fees (if a membership was even available) but do I want to roll in there with my sensible car, in my casual clothes with my mid tier clubs, and be constantly looked down on by the Super rich? Not really... I guess that's just me
>>
>>51659133
not him, but no, because I judge people and their worth based on who they are as a person, not how much money they have or the car they drive
don't be a piece of shit anon
>>
>>51659153
Wait are you literally on your high horse because you got a decent car and all the plebs at your lgs dont?
>>
>>51659133
Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

>>51659153
>What's the point?
The point's having fun with like-minded people. I'd still scrap whichever cool new toy by FW you brought with my BaC suicide meltagun squad in a 40k drop pod (gosh!). Hopefully that wouldn't ruin your day.
>>
>>51657066
Volkarion
>Hardest to kill Primarch, and when he does die he comes back
> toughest primarch mixed with strongest primarch
> literally surrounded by flames, rads, ash, and cancer

too OP 4 me
>>
File: Amon Kingsley.png (986KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Amon Kingsley.png
986KB, 720x960px
>>51658639
>>51658754
Ben Kingsley
>>
>>51659153
Because value. Why would I spend extra cash on fw mk3 when the plastic stuff is cheaper and arguably better? Why use deimos pattern vehicles when mars pattern is both fluffy and cheaper?
Forgeworld is fucking expensive in a hobby that is already expensive. If I dont feel like the extra investment is worth it why would I bother when there are alternatives?

I only buy forgeworld when I know its going to be an awesome model, like my leviathan or spartan.

The only people that look down on me are elitist grognards who apperantly think that because they can throw money at things it makes them better because they "have way more investment".
>>
Following up on the TS list-building from yesterday. 1.5k force for pickup games.

Thousand Sons, 1500/1500 points, Pride of the Legion

HQ
Vigilator (Warlord), 115
- Corvidae, Divination ML1
- AA

Librarian, 150
- Raptora, Divination or Telekinesis ML2
- Cataphractii, force axe

TROOPS
Vets + Rhino 10x, 285
- Asphyx Shells, Plasma Guns 2x, AA, Melta Bomb

Vets + Rhino 10x, 285
- Asphyx Shells, Plasma Guns 2x, AA, Melta Bomb

Sekhmet 5x, 300
- Raptora, Levitation + Molten Beam ML2
- Combi-Plasma or Melta 5x, Chainfists 2x

Tactical Support Squad 7x, 235
- Corvidae
- Plasma Guns 7x

HEAVY SUPPORT
LDA Vindicator, 130
- LD Array

The Vigilator goes with the TSS and they Scout into a nice terrain position.

The Sekhmet throw two dice at Levitation to quickly move about. Librarian goes with them. The Vets outflank, and the Vindi is there for AV14.

Flyers are definitely a problem though.
>>
ITT: insecure nerds try to justify why muh hobby is better than your hobby
>>
>>51659268
Lol nice.
>>
>>51659325
And how exactly are you unlocking Pride of the Legion ?
>>
>>51659401
eh fuck me, I kept making adjustments and eventually removed the delegatus. Nevermind then.
>>
>>51659325
>Flyers are definitely a problem though.
Maybe take that Get's Hot! spell instead of the Molten Beam. It's two dice for a malediction that gives you a Haywire hit in 24" range around your termies. With movement and Telekinesis you could try to snipe flier 40" away, if you want to focus on that.

Besides, shooty squad with Prescience can always hope to do something through sheer volume of fire.
>>
>>51659325
You need a Master of the Legion to run PotL. I'd suggest a delegatus at that points level.
It does mean you'll have to get a rhino for the TSS though.
As for anti-air, consider missile launchers with flakk on the vets? They're good all rounders, and with sniper tactics the plasma guns are a bit wasted on vets.
I'd also suggest taking psychic maelstrom on the sekhmet if you're running combi-meltas already, as then they have the chance of being a surprise vindicator.
>>
>>51655615
>By Vulkan
Haha! Come on FW give me that nice legion specific heavy weapon armor.
>>
File: 1486228095191.jpg (51KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
1486228095191.jpg
51KB, 466x466px
Does buying an Iron Halo on a character with Cataphractii armor do anything?
>>
>>51654272
>fluffing mk1 as pariah armor and thunder warrior as chymerae marines
Somehow it all make sense
>>
>>51659606
I believe it gives him +12% swag.
>>
>>51659606
It gives them a +1 to stabbing someone in the eye, even Emps isn't immune to it
>>
>>51659308
>hey guys I got my mk4 army here
>yeah I did start with the regular tac squad but look their kneepads aren't round, and look my rhinos have proper vents to them so it's not mars, and yeah you can tell it's mk4 not 7 because of how thin the cover is
If you're not going to put the effort in then don't be surprised when people turn you away
Also
>implying plastic is a better casting material than resin for infantry
WEW LAD
>>
>>51657974
FW might sell the unit at a slight discount to represent that. They're good people sometimes.
>>
Could someone calculate the chance to manifest WC2/3 power while harnessing on 3+?

Preferably 3/4/5 for WC2 and 4/5/6 for WC3. Just winging it it seems that WCx2 dice is the way to go.
>>
>>51659767
When did I mention mk4 or mk7?

Plastic is easier to work with, more versatile and the kits come with more poses and a wider variety of components at the trade off of less crisp detail.

Only the groggiest of grognard would turn away someone bevause they use prospero marines instead of resin.
>>
>>51659916
IM not going to spurn you for using prospero marines but I will judge you
Sans gasmask how is plastic easier to use and more posable than resin
My mk4 point was the lack of effort you seem to be putting in
>>
>>51659966
>>IM not going to spurn you for using prospero marines but I will judge you
Oh wow.
And I will judge you back. Do you even have a painted army?
>>
>>51659966
Ah, yes, because its more effort to click order from forgeworld than it is to do the same from GW.
>>
>>51659991
Yes and a short story of my commander
>>51660000
>Dubs+dubs=quads
Noice
>more effort
If you're just going to half ass the conversion then yes there's more effort
>>
>>51660029
>conversion
What conversion? Nobody mentioned converting anything.
>>
>>51660029
Show pics the.
inb4 don't have any
Your posts heavily suggest you do. Either that or you're a troll.

Also ordering a 10-man resin squad for at least double the price is stupid. Of course if I have to get assault or breacher squads then I'll get them from FW, but plastic Tacs suit me just fine. Also it doesn't help that a 20-man Assault squad is literally a third of average monthly paycheck in my country.
>>
File: IMG_4131.png (868KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4131.png
868KB, 640x1136px
>>51660071
The first of many
>>
>>51660071
>a third of average monthly paycheck in my country.
WTF

>>51659606
Literally nothing.
>>
>>51660170
You do realise that people from other than the UK and the US play the game, right?
>>
>>51660231
Yes, but if you're paying that much of your paycheck you shouldn't bother. "Plastic crack" is supposed to be ironic!
>>
>>51660170

Sounds like Eastern Europe/Russia to me.
>>
>>51660240
I won't be getting Stormbirds any time soon, but plastics are enough to have some fun until the conditions are improved.
>>51660242
EE
>>
File: Ahriman_lastwords.jpg (61KB, 545x478px) Image search: [Google]
Ahriman_lastwords.jpg
61KB, 545x478px
Which Legion was the most altruistic towards it's citizens and other humans?
>>
>>51660472
Salamanders and Blood Angels
>>
>>51660514
To be fair, you'd have to be a Night Lord level sadist to bully the people of Baal.
>>
>>51660472
> Smurfs
> Word Bearers before going full retard
> Salamanders
> Blood Angels
> Maybe White Scars? Altho they were more often killing aliens than interacting with people
> Thousand Sons
> Raven Guard
>>
Wait, do people unironically have a problem with plastic MKIIIs/MKIVs over resin?

I'm not trying to get cancer from all that resin dust tbhfam, I work on my models in my bedroom.
>>
>>51660683
People who want to continue to have to pay twice the usual puffed-up GW prices ARE cancer, anon.
>>
>>51660710
Is there even that big of a difference in detail? I have resin MkIIs and plastic MkIIIs so I have no comparison.
>>
>>51660683
The plastics look so much better
> they didn't skip leg day like FW
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 377x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 377x390px
>>51660764
Not power armour related, but I know that a lot of people don't like the plastic termie knees. Both cataphractii tand tartaros

On tartaros by FW the knee pad juts out like pic related. But on plastic you can't have that, so legs look really stationary.
>>
>>51660683
Literally only thing wrong with mk 3s is that the legs and backpack are 2 pieces each.

It means a bolter marine is like 11 or 12 pieces which is fucking annoying when making heaps.
>>
>>51660859
That's why they make them in 2 parts. The BaC praetor's knee still looks awful, I have to do something about it.

>>51660902
It's because of the rear armour overlapping plates, they couldn't have done it in one piece. It's good though, a little green stuff and the pose easily changes. MkIV are still squatting, it doesn't look bad by itself, but for CCW+BP something more dynamic is more suitable.
The one thing in favour of plastics is a regular cast, at least from what I've seen from the pics. There were some slightly bumpy fingers on a resin termie power fist, I haven't seen it in person so I can't say if it's FW or a recast.
>>
File: 1483568342140.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483568342140.png
277KB, 396x396px
Bought my second Prospero box today.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (43KB, 150x326px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
43KB, 150x326px
>>51661207
Have yet to finish my two boxes of Calth
>>
>>51661207
where'd you go? Goblin gaming looks cheapest thus far.
>>
File: Knights of Blood 1.5k.png (178KB, 676x3305px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Blood 1.5k.png
178KB, 676x3305px
Just recently trying to get back into wargaming now that I have a steady job and time on my hands after a couple years of not playing.

I had bought the first two heresy books right as they came out and having seen the Black Shield rules it really inspired me so I whipped up a 1500 points list for pick-up games tournaments. Primarily for cross-play with 40k. Haven't bought any models or paints yet because I am about to deploy but I am planning on getting into it hardcore when I comeback.
>>
>>51661307
My FLGS.

>>51661269
I got two Calth as well, I think I got a problem. I'm playing IW and DG thought, both are pretty infantry heavy.
>>
>>51661392
Two Calth
One Prospero
Daemons battleforce
Bloodthirster
>>
>>51660664
>word bearers
>word 'kill all the heretics' bearers
>>51660683
Mk3 plastic yes, mk4 plastic no
>>
>>51661473
Heretics are enemies.
Civilians are non-heretics who happen to be in the vicinity of heretics.
>>
>>51660764
Resin mk3 has a deeper gap between plates, mk4 bumps don't look so unnatural, also slightly different scale
>>
Oh boy lads, just bought 20 Custodes, 2 grav-carriers, and a tank. Combined with the 5 from BoP my body is reeeaaaaaddddddyyyyy

On a slightly different note, what do you think of this list? I don't want to be too waacfag at a 2,000 point game, so this seems like a good compromise-

HQ (245)
Custodes Tribune
>Paragon Spear, Cyber-Familiar

Elites (645)
Aquilon Terminators
>4 Terminators, Adrathic Destructors

Hetaeron Guard
>Paragon Blades, Praesidium Shields

Troops (900)
Custodian Guard Squad
>5 Custodes, Adrasite Spears, Coronus Grav-Carrier

Custodian Guard Squad
>5 Custodes, Adrasite Spears, Coronus Grav-Carrier

Heavy Support (210)
Caladius Grav-Tank
>Heavy Blaze Cannon
>>
>>51661539
I'd say you have to be terrified of shooty armies, as you only have 19 models in a 2000 point game. I wonder what vindicators, plasma squads, or any ranged list will do to your very slow, assault heavy list.
>>
>>51661574
Well, I wouldn't call it slow. he has a couple deep strikers, 2 troops in fast skimmer transports and another fast skimmer heavy support.

I'd still be scared of taking model losses, every single one is gonna hurt like a bitch. But, slow this list is not.
>>
>>51661539
>21 models

You are good.
>>
>>51661574
Well, I can pick the infiltrators warlord trait to get very up close and personal turn one, but yes that's what I'm afraid of. My hope is that the vehicles will wreak havoc and pull some heavier (lascannons, autocannons, etc.) while the regular guys move in and beat everything to a pulp.

Terminators especially will do a number on heavy vehicles, hopefully I can use terrain and combat locking well enough to avoid the dreaded vindicator. Ideally I charge my turn, resolve killing everything on my opponents, and then use my next turn to start the process over.
>>
>>51661539
I cant wait to see what Adrathic Destructors and Adrasite Spears look like.
>>
>>51661539

Pretty much >>51661574

I know Reductor is shooty as hell, but in all probability two Krios Venators could down or cripple one of those tanks a turn, then if there was a squad inside it will be mulched by artillery. You're waiting until I get two or three shooting phases at you till you can do any real damage, and if someone thought of stretching a tac squad out along the front it'd blunt the punch a lot.

Also, I see no reserve mods in there, which might be important given the deepstrike.

It will certainly hit like a truck in melee, but I'm worried they're almost too good. They'll chop through most things, break them and sweep them in one turn nicely. I would have to see them in action some, but you're going to need a decent chunk of luck to hit anything S10 and AV13+ before it does quite some damage, given your limited shooting. Do the terms have Solarites? Because I don't see much that could damage AV14, although I don't know all the weapon profiles.
>>
>>51661674
Termies comes with Solarites by default.
>>
>>51661574
>>51661674
>>51661597
Maybe I should add some Arae-Shrikes? At least from my opponenent's perspective, a 2/3 chance of scattering 3d6 when troops are infiltrating right into his lines is a really bad idea, and if things go by the numbers than either it misses or kills some of his guys.

Might be worth the consideration
>>
>>51661726
Ah, OK. Missed that. I think it will be one of those lists that lives or dies on skill and luck, honestly. I have a bias against "Deathwing" or GK Paladin lists like that, since I rather seem to take them apart, and my friend plays Vraksian Nurgle Renegades, so I've seen well what numbers can do.

>>51661737

It scatters 3D6 pick the two highest, so it won't deviate that much further on average. I would say you badly need them, though, just to try to avoid one lucky Reductor Vindicator nailing a squad and making 2.5x his points back.
>>
>>51661737
It's all right. How are you going to deal with flyers? My 2000 point list has a fire raptor and a storm bird with 10 terminators.
>>
>>51660472
Ultramarines.
They were the only ones to make sure people had nice places to live and a good quality of life.
>>
>>51661799
>fliers

Oh fug

Well, on further inspection the banana splits don't really have any AA, so I don't know what to do. It's a pity the Jetbikes aren't out- I wouldn't get any (don't like fast biker playstyle), but damn are their guns cool. Heavy d3 S9 AP2, meaning a potential 9 shots at 36" range. Ah, but if only the Sagittarum could take those
>>
>>51660664
>>51661860
>ultramarines
>nuked a whole planet of people that were living perfectly fine

Okay.
>>
>>51661899
You mean they blew up a city on direct command of the Emperor and after they evacuated it.
>>
>>51652696
>Custodes are just boring.
I agree, but I think they're cool looking.

Which is the same reason I have 18 Reaver jet bikes.
>>
>>51661888
Fortifications, I guess. There are some with automated fire so you don't have the embarrassment of your elite melee powerhouses standing around firing a quadgun. Vengeance weapon battery with quad icarus lascannon is 75 points, firestorm redoubt is 200 points, or 230 if you want it to be BS3.
>>
>>51661888
An idea someone had before was taking an Allied detachment of Mechanicum, a barebones Magos and barebones Ad Sec then take as many Vulturax as you need.

3 Haywire shots each as 4 S5 AP5 blasts on a FMC, so you're hitting with the Haywire on 2s, it will cut into your points of course...and your budget.
>>
>>51661924
>"""evacuated""" the city
>chased people into the desert, told them to fend for themselves, killed any who understandably tried to resist
Yup, those Ultras sure are altruistic on top of being the best at everything and also the most loyal ;^)
>>
>>51662004
Not the Ultramarine's fault Lorgar fucked up so bad.
>>
Did any more ordo sinister fluff get uploaded?
>>
>>51661955
going to be the best way to fix custards anti-air/heavy armor problem
>>
>>51661955
>just take an allied detachment to spam as many of this great unit as you can
We 40k now.
>>
>>51662086
They're not that great, but they fill a slot that the Custodes really can't fill themselves. They're 175 each, so on top of the tax units, it's going to eat into your custard budget.
>>
>>51662011
>it's someone else's fault we killed innocent people!
Ultrafag pls
>>
>>51662127
It literally is.
First it's Lorgar's fault for betraying the Emperor's trust.
Secondly it's the Emperor's fault for deciding that Lorgar needed to be punished so.

The Ultramarines bare no blame for merely being loyal sons.
>>
File: spurdo ancap.png (5KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo ancap.png
5KB, 435x269px
>>51662156
>The Ultramarines bare no blame for merely being loyal sons.

But I'll fucking start Horus Heresy 2: Electric Shade of Blue by blowing you to bits and blame it on you if you don't accept my unilateral usurpation of the Imperial government.

~t. Rawbutt Girlyman
>>
>>51662019
No, but it'll probably show up on Battle Bunnies before anywhere else so just check there. All the fluff being posted here is from there - it doesn't look like any anons here were able to go to the Weekender.
>>
>>51662156
A truly altruistic legion like The Salamanders would have evacuated people on their own ships, given them supplies, and, here's the key, NOT killed a ton of them in the process.

Ultras are like robots: you input an order and they follow it exactly. No emotion, just autism.
>>
>>51662453
>Sadness Class:
>IMMENSUS
>>
>>51662453
>angry wolf easyjet anon didn't get there
Dammit, I was looking forward to hearing about that. Ah well, serves him right for thinking easyjet could actually get him to a destination.
>>
>>51662453
There is one in the discord that went.
>>
>>51662480
Is IMMENSUS a new meme?
>>
>>51662496
It was Ryanair.
>>
File: 00011.png (70KB, 1560x1233px) Image search: [Google]
00011.png
70KB, 1560x1233px
>>51662497
>discord
>anon
>>
>>51662521
Meme all you want, he provided some good shit.
>>
>>51662359
Guilliman was willing to risk another civil war because he knew the Lion would have eventually become the Regent through the power of his legion and no one would have been able to oppose him. Even if they heard about Lion's death or disappearance, it wasn't confirmed. So Guilliman fucked it all up rather than becoming overshadowed by the best of the primarchs.
>>
>>51662539
Well, I'm just mad jelly of your secret club now.
>>
>>51662548
>Guilliman was willing to risk another civil war because he knew the Lion would have eventually become the Regent through the power of his legion and no one would have been able to oppose him.
What.

I'm pretty sure the Smurfs were the biggest legion left standing, that allying with Dorn would have guaranteed superiority to the DA, and that a civil war with Dorn (aka: Prospero 2) would have been all the opening a Chaos or semi-Chaos faction would need to destroy the Imperium.
>>
>>51662574
Not really secret. Link's in the OP.

Just go into news if you want to see what was posted.
>>
New thread when?
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.