[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 32

File: 5th cover.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5th cover.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to AREANet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51620697
>SOMETHING_INFORMATIVE_FITTING_THE_THEME.knwsft
>A_PIECE_OF_MEDIA_FITTING_THE_THEME.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: ### (###% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'MESSAGE FITTING THE THEME'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running INNUENDO_RELATING_TO_THEME.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

TEMPLATE edition

When you make any character, is there a template in your mind you default to? Any adept I make has to have Improved Reflexes no matter what their job is. GOTTA GO FAST
>>
For those of you who are familiar with Rainbow Six Siege, how would you best represent Fuze's gadget?

The short version is that it's loaded with ~6 grenades, loaded into a machine that will force a tube through the wall, which then rotates while firing the grenades in a pattern to fill the room.

Drone with a shaped charge and a blast shield, and after it pops the charge to bore a hole, full-autos a grenade launcher into it?
>>
4e Starting character gear template:
>Fake SIN (Rating 4), with basic Docwagon contract on it.
>Fake SIN (Rating 1)
>Earbuds and Contact Lenses or Glasses with Vision and Audio enhancement 3 on them
>Tag eraser, with Micro sensor and a rating 6 nonlinear junction detector in it
>Renraku Sensei running Renraku Ichi, with the Basic User Suite, Sim Module
>ARE programs, SIM and VR games, and 'Trodes
>Smart Butt Pack with Respirator (Rating 6), Medkit (Rating 6), Myomeric Rope, Wire Clippers, Glasscutter, and Chisel in it.

Optional extras: Basic Docwagon contract for the Rating 4 SIN, CMT clip running Vector Xim if you want a disposable burner commlink.

All fits nicely into 5 karma worth of chargen nuyen.
>>
I don't think improved ini is much of a template but rather a system necessity. Going first makes sure you don't get shot first, and more actions per turn means you get shot less and shoot more.

As a template, I honestly just default to human since most of my games are done with Sum to Ten or Priority gen. Unless I have a concept that demands a specific race, I usually just build a human, since normies get a nice edge boost, and non-normies get more wiggle room for good shit.
>>
>>51639768
Armtech MGL-6 modified with a smartgun system, gecko-grips, Melee hardening, and a device mount. The actual tamping metal plate and breaching charge are left for you to figure out, but they snap on via Device Mount.

All from Arsenal, Device Mount is from WAR!
>>
Minimum Starter Kit

>R4 Fake SIN
>R1 Fake SIN
>Earbuds with Sound Link and Spatial Recognizer
>Contacts with Image Link and Vision Enhance/Mag depending on need
>Tag Eraser, Bug Scanner, and Directional Jammer, and Area Jammer in a handheld
>Armor Jacket
>Two sets of clothes, one for normal, one for runs
>One set of character-specific armor
>Taser and 20 rounds for it
>Multitool
>Custom Ballistic Mask with gear of choice
>1x Best commlink available with as much encryption as possible
>1x middling commlink, attached to good SIN
>1x shitty commlink, attached to bad SIN
>10x burner commlinks for use
>Local mapsofts, linguasofts, and at least a few hobby/game tools
>Main weapon and ammo
>A few credsticks
>Gas mask and respirator

>>51639942
SR5e, my man.
>>
>>51639959
Can't help you then. Interesting idea, though.
>>
Someone in my prospective game wants to play an AI, and has expressed interest in playing a data ghost specifically. Is there any reason to disallow them if I was planning on allowing a metasapient AI anyways?
>>
>>51639768
Ares Antioch 2, Smartgun system, Underbarrel Chainsaw (drill), Gecko Grip?
>>
>>51640002
Concept-wise? Seems fine.

However, and this has been said a lot, AIs are an absolute clusterfuck of poorly laid-out rules, contradicting passages, and just generally ridiculous amounts of annoyingly fiddly little bits that combine together to make it an absolute fucking bitch and a half to play.

Trust me, I've tried to make AIs for a number of purposes, and they're a complete and utter pain in the fucking ass.
>>
>>51639768
What exactly are you going to do with this thing? It kills a room full of people REALLY GOOD, and you can trigger it remotely, but it's really loud and the custom work you need to build it means you probably don't want to leave it behind, and....?

It just seems impractical for a shadowrunner.
>>
>>51640076
I tried to talk him out of it, I really did.
>>
>>51640137
Mainly just for the shit of it, but partly because at this point I'm having extreme difficulty nailing down a character concept for a game I joined.

We've got a new player playing a sniperish street sam, a shaman that's summoning spirits, a rigger of some sort, and a catboy decker.

I'm trying to avoid direct combat because I don't want to overshadow the sam, I don't want to screw with matrix things, the shaman presumably has magical combat covered, and the rigger presumably has scouting/fire support covered, so I'm sitting here just kind of at a loss for what to do specifically.
>>
>>51640233
Play a face or infiltrator. Then put ranks in demolitions. Your primary function gets you in, then you can blow shit up real good.
>>
>>51640277
Can't do a face, Shaman's charisma based and has that covered.

Infiltrator too is likely covered by a mix of the sam and rigger.
>>
>>51640315
Well, if your sam is playing a sniper, you could always be a close-range character. Physadept with a weapon focus or some such.
>>
>>51640315
You can never have too many combatants when shit hits the fan so a secondary Sammy is probably not a bad idea, but if they're long range and Agile, you should probably complement them by being a heavily armoured troll/ or some other sort of tanky character, up close and personal either with melee or close support weapons.
>>
>>51640366
Depends on the GM. If things go smooth (and they sometimes do, unless the GM invents things specifically to dick over players), then the 'sits in the van' Street Sam can be bored and not doing anything all session.
>>
>>51640366
>>51640430
Game in question is a basically a casual weekend game by a GM with fairly little time, so he's running mostly premades.

I don't know. I keep trying to roll up characters, and I'll get partway done, and it just feels outright weird. It feels like there's some sort of a problem with it for some reason.

The only real constraint is that the character I make needs to be a magical character in some way. Other than that, I can more or less do whatever, just needs to involve magic.
>>
>>51640200
Try harder. Unless you're 100% on top of the rules and both on the same page, it's going to repeatedly be a rude surprise for one or both of you.
>>
Where do you all find games?
>>
>>51640504
F-list.
>>
>>51640504
Online or IRL.
>>
>>51640517
Really helpful, anon, thanks.

Where online? I've tried Roll20, LFG, the Shadowrun reddit, GITP, Shadowruntabletop forum itself, and even the Paizo boards, and there've been maybe 10 games total across all of them, most of them filled.
>>
>>51640540
That's kind of it, bruh.

The only thing left is to run your own game. Maybe you'll inspire others to run like in /pfg/

>captcha: calle calle
I wouldn't be surprised to find numerous Street St. in future Seattle
>>
>>51640540
Start your own. Find some players. Ask them to share GM duty.
>>
>>51640487
Well he's planning on spending most of his time in an anthroform drone and being a face. Personally I'd much rather he just play a living being, but apparently being an AI is important to him.

I'm honestly on the fence about denying it because he once DMed a game I walked out of because he vetoed a character that I had been excited to play for months. On the one hand I kinda want to do the same to him, but it seems really petty.
>>
>>51640569
>>51640564
>Implying I can GM
Ideas or not, the matrix rules are too much of a clusterfuck to make me want to really GM this.

>>51640585
Don't be like that, man. Going down that road leads to just all around bad-times for people. If you have a legitimate reason for denying it, then go ahead, but don't do it just to be a cock. That's not okay.

That said, what was the character?
>>
Any word on when 10 AIs comes out?
>>
>>51640585
If there's one thing more complicated than an AI it's an AI in a drone body.

>>51640594
Than you should stop bitching about not finding a group.
>>
>>51640608
Probably as a tie-in to the Technomancer book ...
>>
>>51640594
The one I was denied? It was fora pathfinder game. The class was third-party, but from a publisher he was a huge fan of. Basically magitek iron man. I did eventually get to play it in another game so I'm not too salty about it.

>>51640610
Is it really that complicated? My reading is that any physical skill check ends up being Depth + Skill [Handling or Body, depending on skill], or a normal drone skill test if you let autopilot take over.
>>
>>51640610
Fuck it, then.

What's some good advice for trying to GM Shadowrun?
>>
>>51640621
So never?
>>
>>51640638
Food fight should be a good starting point. Splintered State as well.. They are aimed at new GMs. Understanding german also helps.

>>51640632
The rules are mostly a mess. The former autosoft advantage from Data Trails is a must, but that prevents him from taking Exceptional Entity.

>>51640688
Hopefully not.
>>
>>51640716
I'm assuming you meant Pilot Origins. If that's true then it's workable, he wasn't planning on taking exceptional entity at chargen which means he'll probably never get it, but he's aware of that.
>>
>>51640638
Street Level campaigns, while somewhat limiting in their scope are good for both novice GMs and players looking to get their feet wet in the system. The runs are more down to earth and the threats are not as fantastical, but I personally find them just as compelling (if not more so) than the usual black-trenchcoat plots.

Avoid the matrix completely if possible. Technomancers are mechanically terrible and Deckers slow the game down needlessly with their bullshit, though its not as bad as it used to be in prior editions. All the same I recommend doing what other anons in the past have recommended and make matrix actions a simple skill-based test with targets based on the device rating of the gear they are attempting to hack and manipulate.

Food Fight, Food Fight, Food Fight.

Also not just for shadowrun, but with running games in general. Help your players understand their roles and what their characters can and should bring to the table. Then prepare yourself (and a cheat sheet of rules) on how to accommodate their more common actions. Also you don't have to memorize the rules, just know where you can find the rules when you need them.
>>
>>51640730
>Street Level campaigns
Don't do Street Level rules by themselves. They can't do mixed magic / tech groups on an even footing.

Either use Street Scum (GM section p350 or so, depending on which print your book is) with Street Level, or use Street Scum alone.
>>
>>51640716
>Food fight should be a good starting point.
How's the rest of the stuff from First Run?
>>
It's literally two or three rolls, people. Hacking is not that fucking bad.
>>
>>51640463
Why exactly do you need to be magical?
>>
>>51640730
>>51640716
Is it actually okay to just be like, "Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't really want to fuck with the Matrix all that much. If you lot could avoid deckers/technos, that'd be great. For when it DOES come up, just treat it as a normal skill test instead of whatever insane bullshit is typically there?"

As far as magical threats go, I know that "realistically" magic is fairly rare, but given that runners would be doing shit in places where it'd be likely that corps or other people would go all
>Shit nigger I need to protect my dank loot, I should hire a security mage
How often should magical shit really be in practice?

>>51640769
GM asked for a tech person and a magic person, and I got in on the magic slot.
>>
>>51640783
>Is it actually okay to just be like, "Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't really want to fuck with the Matrix all that much. If you lot could avoid deckers/technos, that'd be great. For when it DOES come up, just treat it as a normal skill test instead of whatever insane bullshit is typically there?"
Yep. Think Dragonfall's first run, where Monica is the official team decker, and the focus shifts over to what the team needs to do to enable the decker to do their shit, protection, and what to do while the team is waiting / risking discovery.

You don't even have to give them a real decker; it could be a drone or custom commlink dongle with a hacking agent.
>>
>>51640826
Never actually played Dragonfall. I technically have Returns, but when I originally played it, it was on release and I was less than impressed. Did it ever get fixed up much?
>>
>>51640767
Are you running an SR3 game? The SR5 version of Food Fight is n Plots & Paydata.

>>51640783
Deckers and Technomancers aren't the most popular roles anyway, so you should be fine.
You might want to avoid drone riggers as they are matrix based as well.
>>
>>51640860
Dragonfall and Hong Kong are very similar to Returns but also vastly superior in storytelling.
>>
>>51640860
Yes, the sequels are greatly improved. If you absolutely hated the original, though, you may still feel the same.

Doesn't really matter, as the basic idea is there whether you've played it or not. Remove hacking minigame, introduce external complications while team waits for hacker, possibly force team to defend hacker mid-hack.
>>
>>51640875
>Are you running an SR3 game?
I'm not actually that guy, I was just wondering if the other adventures from First Run were worth converting over.

Although if I ever were to run an SR game, it probably would be SR3.
>>
>>51640912
>>51640910
I just remember the mechanics being fiddly as hell and annoying to do with, to the point where it actually interfered with the portrayal of the story.

Worth pirating or taking a look at then?
>>
>>51640935
>Worth pirating
Just download it already, ya bitch. Don't like it? Delete it and move on.
>>
>>51640913
>I'm not actually that guy, I was just wondering if the other adventures from First Run were worth converting over.

Never ran them.

I'd strongly advise against 3rd edition, the changing target numbers are utterly stupid. If you don't like SR5, use SR4A.
>>
>>51640729
Actually now that I reread the section I could use some clarification.

Lets say I take pilot origins 1 (direktionssekretar). This gives me the benefits of a control rig, but only for that specific drone. It also lets me program autosofts into myself. So I spend 5 karma on a Direktionssekretar maneuvering autosoft, mostly to get WTLM since I'm trying to be a face.
1. Chummer doesn't support ratings for autosofts obtained in this manner. Can I get a rating 6 autosoft - equivalent to a rating 6 skill for a specific drone - for 5 karma? The book seems to imply so.
2. How do I actually USE this? In particular, if I was jumped into a Direktionssekretar, what would I roll for defense, or gymnastics?
>>
>>51641008
>the changing target numbers are utterly stupid.
But I like the variable target number.
>>
File: Medaka Box.jpg (44KB, 311x472px) Image search: [Google]
Medaka Box.jpg
44KB, 311x472px
Can elves take the Aged quality? Has any of them even shown any signs of aging? Has anybody even found the upper limit of their mortality yet?
>>
>>51641186
IIRC no elf has died from old age yet, since they are expected to live to 300 easily, and it's not 2312 in game yet.

They have a year-long gestation period, but I can't find any information on loli elves, or how long they stay children, or at what age they sort of stop visibily aging.
>>
>>51641212
If you use Earthdawn info, elves reach physical maturity in their twenties and have a natural lifespan of ~300, with the oldest ones on record being ~400.
>>
>>51641236
That sounds about right. So no immortal sixty year old little girls.
>>
>>51641186
>Can elves take the Aged quality?

Yes. Spike babies (read: people who expressed before the big return of magic) are a thing, as are immortal elves.

>Has any of them even shown any signs of aging?
See above.

>Has anybody even found the upper limit of their mortality yet?
As far as could be determined, around 4 centuries (unless immortal).
>>
>>51641265
Well keebs look effeminate anyway, so it's not that far off
>>
>>51641168
There's nothing inherently wrong with a variable target number, but when modifiers routinely take you outside the range of the die type you're using, in both directions -rendering some taske ridiculously easy, while others become nigh impossible, you done fucked up.
>>
With Adept Centering (or that 5e equivalent metamagic/power that I forget the name of) and Combat Sense, could you lessen the penalty for dodging full auto fire/suppressive fire?

It reads that way, but I'd like to know if there's ever been an official ruling.
>>
Have some useful shit guys
>>
>>51641504
i don't see why not, and I don't think you even need combat sense, though it would obviously help.
>>
>>51641504
Combat Sense really doesn't lessen the penalty as it's a straight bonus to your die pool. So against auto, burst, suppressive, and so on, you're always at a penalty compared to if you got targeted by a single shot. Same for if you got tagged by an Active Sensor attack. The full penalty still applies, but with Combat Sense you're at a higher starting point than your other numbers indicate.

And absent Way or power trickery, Adept Centering only applies to Physical or Combat skill uses. So it should work (but could be in GM adjudication territory) if you are literally taking the Dodge action (Gymnastics) or took Acrobatic Defender and took a Full Defense action.
>>
>>51641628
>>51641617
Yeah, my thought on combat sense was that there's something similar - a power - to Adept Centering that needs you to be doing something with an adept power before you can reduce penalties. I forget what it's called.

My second question is what the fuck is with false impression/manascape. If you use them, you need to mask the spell, or cast another spell to mask that, and then another, and it's turtles all the way down. Is there a ruling on THAT?
>>
>>51641349
How far outside are we talking? There's nothing inherently wrong with having the modifiers be more important than the dice, it just makes stacking things in your favour much more important.
>>
>>51641349
It might also make a +1 and a +2 modifier the same as there's no difference in probability between target numbers 6 and 7.
>>
>>51639640
What's the most extreme shit you've ever pulled off in combat?
>>
>>51641032
Still need an answer here. If I'm an AI, and I'm inhabiting an anthroform drone, and I want to dance, what do I roll?
>>
>>51641925
Isaac Asimov in his grave.
>>
>>51641643
Heightened Concentration. CGL error business as usual of Heightened Concern.

Shadow Spells.

>HEIGHTENED CONCERN, COST: 0.5
>The adept can ignore a single distraction while performing another task. This power negates a single situational modifer of a value of up to half (rounded up) of their Magic Attribute. It takes a Complex Action to activate and may be combined with the Adept Centering metamagic.

You don't need Combat Sense, but you always should take it - the ability to say "no, I always get a perception test before you decide it's a surprise attack" is gold.
>>
>>51641925
Do you have the "Pilot Origin" quality?
>>
Playing a bunraku/BTL chiphead. Has anyone tried it? Seems like it could be fun to slot different personalities, maybe stick in some skillwires, and suddenly you're a faceman with a dozen different personalities and specialities.

The only problem I see is that BTLs are ass from a crunch perspective compared to just creating a designer drug that buffs all your social stats by +3.
>>
File: 1475470287621.jpg (556KB, 1338x1950px) Image search: [Google]
1475470287621.jpg
556KB, 1338x1950px
>>51641943
>>
>>51641831
I play a hacker.
The most badass thing I've done was eject the magazine of a smartgun that a badguy was holding to the head of our fluffy chinese rigger during a tense hostage standoff so that our sniper could ventilate him.
>>
>>51641956
For the sake of argument, yes - though I'm also interested in the alternative.
>>
>>51641831
I went into a garage of some gangers, lights off and with improved invisibility on me, and stabbed them with a foci sword each of them before they could call for backup.

By the time lights came back since only me and the troll had any kind of darkvision, I was an invisible spectre, my features visible through a deep coat of blood, and the ground with at least 4 pierced corpses. The last dude alive, saw such a horrible scene change in barely a minute, and the monster who took them out in front of him. He passed out form fear.
>>
>>51641957
A skilljack is a good investment for a face, if for no other purpose than learning new languages on the fly. I don't have much experience with BTLs, but I hear there are some in Chrome Flesh that are actually good.
>>
>>51641032
Any advanced program you write into your self with karma is thereafter considered to have the same rating as your AI's Depth. It also no longer takes up a program slot.
>>
>>51641975
Didn't have one in the chamber?
>>
>>51641292
>See above.
Any canon ones you can point at?
>>
>>51641998
So my options are be Depth 6 and write my own autosofts, or ignore depth in favor of using my own skills?
>>
>>51641831
Once had a fight in a city street and a helicopter above it. My streetsam was engaded in melee inside the helicopter. SHe was a clsoe combat and demo expert, with ranks in boats and cars but nothing flying.
She did however have hydraulic jacks, high skills, agility and edge like a mtoherfucker.
She knew from her implants that her crew was just below her, or within close enough for her free falling skill to be relevant.

So she blew up a helicopter she was in seconds prior and then dropkicked a troll from one Fuck-aways-up.

The GM has a rule akin to exalted that when something is awesome, daring or just plain enough stupid you get bonus dice. Things being pink mohawk this was "extreme shit", thouggh my favorite.

Still broke one of my legs, but the face that had been chased by the troll for about 5 blocks paid for her repairs.
>>
>>51641978
Well, if your virtual ass can assume direct control of the drone like a meatbag rigger would, you roll Depth + Gymnastics (dance) [Drone Physical limit]; either the skill if you have learned it or the rating of the autosoft if you are running one/made one part of your core.

If you are merely guiding the drone from afar, then you must use the "Control Device" Matrix action.
>>
>>51641957
I sort of have, but... uh, he's really weird and I don't want to post him 'cause I'll get judged by strangers on the internet.

It is really more of a roleplaying thing than a build thing, since Skillwires require some bullshit to make viable (A Warez contact with the optional Open Source rules from Unwired lets you multiply your patching/hacking gains by the contact's loyalty as you proliferate stolen cracks for programs) and I didn't bother with that on this character.
>>
>>51642002
Our resident /k/fag friend mentioned this after the fact, yes. None of the players or GM knew that at the time and didn't feel like retconning my hacker's moment of glory.
>>
>>51641925
Depth + Performance (Autosoft or your own Skill, whatever you want).
>>
>>51642022
As long as you STAY OFF THE MATRIX, it's more efficient to have high Depth and turn everything into an advanced program. Or at least the stuff you need most.

If you intend to go online, go low Depth and use normal skills/softs instead.
>>
>>51641945
Cheers.
>>
>>51642036
>>51642066
>>51642068
So a 1-depth AI is pretty much nonviable for drone shenanigans. Natch.
>>
>>51642022
No.
If you have heritage, you can choose between karmaskills and software (+depth).
Think of it as skillwires, its an additional option
>>
>>51642029
Addendum, it was very pink mohawk, but we basically decided from the outset that we wanted to have our own roles. A party of 3 with a decker/mage(hella weird build, but interesting character), Adept face infiltrator and a streetsam, stealth infiltrator was our runner team. We all did some crazy shit, the adept getting a motorcycle focus so he could ride bikes with wallrunning, the mage basically initiating into making sure an AI and a spirit could hook up by using the foulest magic to turn a spirit into an AI, and me the street samurai. Basically a furry with a sub-fetish for explosions.

We had a troll rigger get away driver, but he joined late and had nothing much to add to the table.
>>
>>51642082
Not at all. A low Depth AI in a drone can simply ride shotgun and let the Pilot take over, while they concentrate on other stuff. Hacking, maybe. Although AI's make lousy Deckers (but awesome Sams).
>>
>>51642082
Exactly
If you want an AI Drone, you want Depth 6.
>>
>>51642110
What if I want to be a Tachikoma/spidertank?
>>
>>51642108
Considering the character in question is attempting to inhabit an anthroform drone and be a face, I'm inclined to go with >>51642110 instead. I doubt a Direktionssekretar's pilot is good enough to negotiate with Mr. Johnson - even with realistic features and WATLAM.
>>
>>51642036
>you roll Depth + Gymnastics (dance) [Drone Physical limit]
That's Control Device. With Piloting Origins and the correct type of vehicle, you're jumped in, and skill as a rigger.
>>
>>51642020
Urdli and to a lesser extent Ehran the Scribe look old. Now, considering they're both immortal elves and that Harlequin (who is as old as them) still look like he'd be in his twenties if he'd been human, it's probably a personal choice rather than a result of biology.
>>
>>51642103
A mage\decker. A troll rigger. I love it.

All players I ever run games for optimize, then overoptimize, then go back to the drwaing board, and minmax.
>>
PSA to all GMs: Stop fucking using Priority Gen you goddamn niggers.
>>
>>51642133
Hey, not my first choice. If you're going to pretend to be a Real Boy you should be 6 Depth minimum, but the Direktionssekretar is over-hyped and over-priced at chargen.
>>
>>51642243
Sum to something GM reporting in. Priority is a shit! Karmagen is a poop!
>>
>>51642163
Control device doesn't use Depth as an attribute, but either Agility (if using Gymnastic) or Charisma (if using performance) and the connecting device's Data Processing as limit.

Swapping the attribute for Depth (actually Pilot, but Pilot = Depth for an AI) and using the Drone's limits instead is the purview of AI's with the 'Pilot Origin' quality when they let themselves into the correct type of drone.
>>
>>51642259
Eh, Sum-to-ten isn't that bad, but fuck man. I like Karmagen because it allows you to have more complete control over the process of designing a character. It feels more... mine, really. Priority/Sum feel a lot more like just picking an MMO class or something.
>>
>>51642243
>shitting on the other 12 people who still play this game
>>
>>51642290
Misses the point that Pilot: [vehicle type] is the correct skill for maneuvering a vehicle.
>>
>>51642309
You can be just as creative with priority as with karma, moreso in some ways. I'm not a fan of karma in 5e because like most of run faster it is kind of half arsed and leaves a lot of unanswered questions and has lower nuyen cap than priority, which unfairly disadvantages tech based characters
>>
>>51642552
Karma is great for stuff like Changelings, Drakes, infected, etc.
It's pretty horrible for metas, especially trolls.
>>
>>51642552
It has a 235 Karma cap on nuyen though?
>>
>>51642590
that's new, I hadn't got around to re-reading the errata'd addition. My apologies.
>>
>>51642108
Ai street sams?
>>
>>51642108
>AI's make lousy Deckers
4e AIs had Authority, Rootkit, and Intuitive Hacking: Emulate. Do 5e AIs not have any equivalents?
>>
File: Grievoushead.jpg (206KB, 1302x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Grievoushead.jpg
206KB, 1302x1650px
>>51643384
>>
>>51643460
That's a FBR cyborg.
>>
>>51643514
>>
>>51643604
And that's a drone.
>>
>>51642243
>>51642309
Even if I know it's pure bias and probably wrong, I constantly feel like karmagen punishes me for specializing and taking on more flavor-oriented builds. It does better most metas, and probably there are quite a few builds that makes karma really necessary but so far I haven't found one.

I like being good at what I do, and sum-to-ten/twelve really solves any issue I might have when building a character, and it's a great way to teach new players about building since it's like a lego set with some examples of what you can build: Sure, you can go for it and make it yours, or you can go really wild and make something fully yours.

I have yet to feel the priority/SumtoX system too tight, but I like my humans and dwarfs so no play with the bigger draws of karmagen.
And even life modules feel really fun to toy around every once in a while, and even with their rules and restrictions you can go very wild.

For chargen, Shadowrun is really good, and if the players and GM have a little bit of understanding of what to expect, almost all methods of creation let you go wild in what you like.
>>
File: CatCopter.jpg (64KB, 810x540px) Image search: [Google]
CatCopter.jpg
64KB, 810x540px
>>51643618
No, THIS is a drone. That is an AI hardwired into its little bot holder.
>>
>>51642108
>AI's make lousy Deckers

Anything that can illegally make ownership changes in a matter of combat turns is a good decker in my opinion. Or at least something that a decker really wants on his side.

With an AI buddy, suddenly you can go around beating up security spiders and taking their 'decks without worrying about corps screwing you with the ownership rules. Even if they're worse than your normal deck, you can still use them as backups, mod them for high sleaze to protect your team's stuff, or have the face sell them for a wicked payout.
>>
>>51643677
>Anything that can illegally make ownership changes in a matter of combat turns is a good decker in my opinion.

In a game I'm running, we have a decker and an AI (who's actually a rigger, but built to help out with the decking things). Right before SHTF when they were hacking a hospital, the AI changed ownership of the whole fucking hospital to himself.

The fucker. Took ownership. Of a Hospital.

This has convinced me that AI aren't QUITE as bad as /srg/ has convinced me they are.
>>
So I've been reading Howling Shadows a bit, and I've just stumbled upon the rules for the Lesser Roc.
Is it me or is the Dive Attack power hilariously broken?
>The critter makes a normal attack and adds the number of meters fallen to its normal damage.
Considering the Roc can fly at 25 meters per round, that's a hefty 29P. Granted, that's a 35kg bird falling on your face, but that's still a lot.
Also the bird takes no damage from it.
>>
>>51643771
Critter equivalent to crash damage assassinations by riggers.
>>
File: Sorry Chummer.png (17KB, 315x53px) Image search: [Google]
Sorry Chummer.png
17KB, 315x53px
>>51643736
>The fucker. Took ownership. Of a Hospital.

Core book page 237
>>
>>51643812

Exactly why I was so afraid of using any hacking rules, due to my lack of understanding.

This... changes things.

what page is that on?
>>
>>51643632
Nah.

>Advanced Pilot programs are comparable not to dogs, but to small children or, in some cases, adult metahumans.
>>
>>51643876
But he could learn once they flicked the switch. A pilot program can't learn. Make deductions based on original knowledge base, maybe.
>>
>>51643906
A Pilot programm can become an AI.
>>
>>51643829
Note, though, that AI can steal ownership of lesser things. Not hosts, but commlinks, decks, RCCs, drones.

If it runs Apps, Cyberprograms, or autosofts, the AI can steal ownership after loading itself. (So after hacking and Spoof-ing or Control Device-ing their way onto being run on the device.)

And that paragraph's about midway down page 237.
>>
>>51643906
High rating pilot programs are capable of developing personalities and adapting to situations on par with an adult metahuman.

I don't recall the terminator picking up new skills in the movies, either.
>>
Trodes are a sub in for an imagelink, right? LIke you could jam trodes in a set of glasses for 1 capacity, then toss in flare compensation/visual magnification/enhancement and still get the benefits of the imagelink if it was networked to a commlink?
>>
>>51643961
Any way of getting a DNI, be it trodes, implanted commlink, datajack, or what have you, lets you effectively have imagelink and soundlink.

But if you also have a sim module, then it's also a tastelink, smelllink, touchlink, and possibly more. Oh, and trodes are a 2 capacity in headgear thing.
>>
Where do i find burner commlinks? I heard they are in run faster but i cant find them. Page number?
>>
>>51644164
If you need something cheaper than a metalink, page 253 has a prepaid commlink (cheap) as 20 nuyen.

I'm not too sure how it's worse than the metalink, though.
>>
>>51643829
>what page is that on?
That post is two lines long. One of those lines is the page number, and the other line is greentext.

If this is the level of spoonfeeding needed for you drekheads I swear to GOD I'm going to stop giving page numbers entirely and just make you fragging look for it yourselves.
>>
>>51644302
in which of the two lines is the page number? I don't have time to read the whole post
>>
>>51643384
>AI Street Sams
Work surprisingly well
>>
Where can I find rules for Sum-To-Ten/Twelve?
>>
>>51644947
Run faster
>>
How do AI's square up as hackers? Like, Technomancers are flexible, good for a lot of odd stuff for sprites, etc, but fragile. Hackers are the matrix equivalent of a main battle tank. Where do AIs sit on the spectrum?
>>
>>51645193
Glass cannon. 'Rail howitzer' calibre to hack things, but woe them if they ever get their device bricked from under them or caught with their virtual pants down while out of a device.
>>
>>51645227
Hm. So when our current campaign is done, going the Cortana route is probably viable, provided there is someone on hand to push the power button of the deck jammed up the samurai's arsecrack?
>>
>>51645255
Having a device to retreat to if... WHEN drek hits the fan (because it always does), that is carried by a trusted meatbag ally is a must-have, yes. Just make sure that:
- The meatbag gets the point that if you ever tell him to turn the device off, he does so immediately and leaves any stupid questions for later.
- The meatbag understands that if that happens he better gets the hell out of wherever he is presto; unless he wants to entertain black-suited guests wondering whether they could borrow the device and not taking 'no!' for an answer.
>>
>>51642218
Our group is generous with building cool concepts and our Gm is in turn generous with resources.
My samurai spent 2.1 essence on rebuilding her skull, body fur and senses to fit an ideal. Most of them were shit buildwise. But in return he made a special martial art that was downright insane and made my character gain 1.5 essene as some sort of transhuman revelation.

She wasnt hurting her soul as much as she was just becoming closer to how her soul really was.
>>
>>51645577
If everyone is shit mechanically, then noone is. Unless the GM is a dick, and expects people to minmax.
>>
>>51645577
>She wasnt hurting her soul as much as she was just becoming closer to how her soul really was.

I kind of want to use this idea to waive essence costs for mods that don't significantly affect game mechanics, like skin color or sex changes. Obviously if you have a quality or something that's dependent on the thing being modified, I'd probably make the PC spend karma before getting the mod, but otherwise I like the idea.
>>
>>51645881
>I kind of want to use this idea to waive essence costs for mods that don't significantly affect game mechanics, like skin color or sex changes.
You can do that already, actually. You have to sit in a tank of fluids while you get the biosculpting done, but you can do it. Because of the time scale they're done on, the changes have no more reason to alter your essence than going through puberty or getting old would.
>>
>>51645665
Pretty much, but we like raising one stat or having 1 advantage per session. Its funnier the less anyone optimize.
>>
>>51644302

No, you're right, i was being a drekhead there. I was tired and not reading everything I could.
>>
I'm looking for life modules for my Troll Street-Sammy besides just those in Run Faster. I know that Rigger 5 and Chrome Flesh have some, but are there any other sourcebooks with them?
>>
>>51643677
Anything less than super high security lab/base/zero zone probably doesn't have on site spiders though.
>>
>>51646848
There's some in Hard Targets, IIRC.
>>
So if I've kidnapped a street shaman and my Johnson expects me to interrogate them, what drugs can I shoot them up with to best ensure they don't summon a big fuckoff spirit to eat my dick off when they wake up
>>
>>51647156
Thank's omae

>>51647193
Narcojet (50 nuyen per dose, Availability 8R) is an immediate-acting tranquilizer. Keep a syringe or two ready, and administer it quickly if the shaman starts summoning a spirit. If he's summoning a new one, he won't be able to complete the summoning. If he's calling a bound spirit, he'll be unconscious before he can give it an order.
Also, pick up a dose of Gamma-scopolamine (200 nuyen per dose, Availability 14R). When it's administered, the target experiences paralysis and speech loss (among other things) for an hour. After that hour, though, the leftover residue in the victim's system acts as a "truth serum." That should make interrogation easier
>>
File: average streetsam.jpg (89KB, 1000x489px) Image search: [Google]
average streetsam.jpg
89KB, 1000x489px
So the party technomancer is putting sprites into my streetsam's cyberware and guns, not out of any sort of desire to help me or anything, but to keep me from doing he doesn't want me to. I have made a point of taking in character actions to show that I don't appreciate this, and he put the sprites in anyways. I told him to his face to fuck off and stop trying to control other people's characters, and he's not having any of it. Does this sound like a situation that can be dealt with using words, or am I going to have to shoot the technomancer in the back and bury him in a shallow grave in the barrens?
>>
File: remove-chan.png (578KB, 1050x925px) Image search: [Google]
remove-chan.png
578KB, 1050x925px
>>51647443
Talk to the DM about it before this inevitably spirals out into something that ruins the group/campaign.

Also
>playing a street-sammy without Code of Honor
>mfw
>>
>>51647443
Get someone else to do it, but first unplug all your cyberware and put your guns away.

You've already tried using words, now it's time for action.
>>
>>51647517
>playing a street-sammy without Code of Honor
We had this conversation yesterday.
>>
>>51647517
Codes of honor? Look mate, you know who has a lot of honor? Blokes that bludgeon their wife to death with a golf trophy. Professionals have standards.
>>
>>51647542
There's a difference between codes of honor and 'Code of Honor.' As it stands, the standards of professionals are covered under Code of Honor.
>>
>>51647574
Then I don't see how shooting your technomancer in the back somehow violates Code of Honor, because the third standard of the professional is "have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
>>
Could Move-by-Wire be used as a medical treatment? For degenerative diseases or something
>>
>>51647615
Probably depends on the disease. If it's a neurological problem? Then yeah, I don't see why not. For muscular degeneration? It probably won't help much.
>>
>>51647443
How about selling the Technomancer to Mitsushima instead?
>>
Anybody got art of swing-meets-shadowrun? Deus Ex universe's 2020s fashion has the closest a e s t h e t i c, but is obviously ripped from a video game.
>>
>>51647598
"have a plan" ≠ "use that plan willy-nilly."

Seriously, just go to the DM or something. If that doesn't work, go to the technomacner and lie to him, saying that you'll be a good boy if he takes the damn sprites out 'cause its really creepy. If that doesn't work, buy some IC or Agents and frag the sprites. Finally, if that doesn't work, send your Technomancer's information to Renraku or one of the other interested corps.
>>
>>51647637
>Mitsushima
Come one Obae! We shadowsteppers shouldn't be controllable by that NoYen of the hands of Airies and Mitsushima
What's next, dealing with Loofur?
>>
>>51647443
>>51647518
Word,

Turn off your wireless, pull off the gloves and beat the everliving shit out of him in character.

A sprite in your ware can't brick it. Bone lacing can't be bricked, muscle replacement either.

Most technomancers have shit physical skills so it won't be a problem but remember talk to the rest of the party and the GM in advance before you lay into him.
>>
>>51647674
Those chinese megas are really hard to tell apart ...
>>
>>51647518
>but first unplug all your cyberware and put your guns away.
I was thinking of plugging my gun into my datajack and getting the technomancer to stare at the top of a building in the distance while I silently line up the rifle of my assault rifle behind him and then filling him with APDS rounds.

>>51647637
>>51647666
Negatory, I have no corp contacts, little charisma and there's way too much potential for this to backfire.

>>51647686
I think next session, I will tell him that he's crossed a line by putting sprites in my ware, because it's like me pointing a gun at his head. I will also tell him that I will end him if he ever does it again, and if he thinks it's a bluff......well, he's going to be sadly disappointed.
>>
>>51641609
Into the BOOOOOX
>>
>>51647666
>send your Technomancer's information to Renraku or one of the other interested corps.
jesus fuck man just kill him instead

>>51647749
Inform your technomancer that your ware is worth hundreds of thousands, but if he keeps inserting unwanted software that could break it, he's worth more than enough to afford an upgrade. If he doesn't get the message, hit him until he does. Or just start carrying his body into very confusing/psuedo places to wake up while he's konked out until he resumes being a good geek, realizing how much he loves his meatspace squad keeping him alive.

Not to be a jerk, but how exactly can you tell he's putting sprites in your parts?
>>
>>51647443
The fuck can he do with those sprites anyways?

Fuckers like this is why i absolutely love the Ultimax70.
It has absolutely zero Wlan capable shit, just pure mechanical joy.
Grab on of those and riddle him with Bullets.
>>
>>51647666
He either tried that or is basically killing him. Don't pussy foot around in the shadows. Someone tries to make you their bitch? Make them your bitch or put them in the ground.
>>
>>51647850
>Inform your technomancer that your ware is worth hundreds of thousands, but if he keeps inserting unwanted software that could break it, he's worth more than enough to afford an upgrade.
That's not even the problem, the problem is that he has the fucking nerve to tread upon my character agency. If you're playing a streetsam or physad, you don't point your weapon at any character who is doing something you don't want them to, you use your fucking words. If you're playing a mage, you don't cast a mind control spell on any character who is doing something you don't want them to, you use your fucking words. If you're playing a hacker, you don't hack the gear of any character who is doing something you don't want them to, you use your fucking words. And if your words don't cut it, well tough shit.

>Not to be a jerk, but how exactly can you tell he's putting sprites in your parts?
He fucking tells me, in character even, "I've got a sprite in you now, so don't shoot anyone!" I wasn't even planning on shooting anyone at the time, and fuck him for trying to deny me that option if I was forced to improvise.

>>51647889
>The fuck can he do with those sprites anyways?
I don't even fucking know, man. I'm not familiar with Resonance and shit, all I know is that he's fucked people up with it before and he can take control of my own god damn arm away from me.
>>
>>51647850
>jesus fuck man just kill him instead
Why get your hands dirty, when you have well-funded corps to do it for you?
>>
>>51648025
>Why get your hands dirty, when you have well-funded corps to do it for you?
It would be too ironic, considering that my career is "get my hands dirty so that the well-funded corps and syndicates don't".
>>
>>51648019
Holy shit.

Shoot him
No questions asked.
>>
>>51648019
Yeah the sprites in gear shit is useless. Unless those are Level 6 machine sprites ( and he can have only one sprite up at a time) he can't do anything.

the Gremlins powers makes your device roll against the sprite using your Device Rating, on a failure you suffer a glitch, on a 4+ net hits, you suffer a critical glitch.

So #1 he can't have spirtes in both your ware and weapons.
And #2 he can't actually stop you from doing anything, he can just make you glitch, and this works once, or per number of services he got from the sprite.

I mean a Level 10 Machine Sprite is fucking dangerous as fuck, but I doubt he went to the trouble of getting Physical damage to just tell you "I got a sprite in you"

TL:DR, he's bluffing or he doesn't know how technomancers work.
>>
>>51648019
>He fucking tells me, in character even, "I've got a sprite in you now, so don't shoot anyone!" I wasn't even planning on shooting anyone at the time, and fuck him for trying to deny me that option if I was forced to improvise.

Tell him you're an adult, jesus. That's some audacity right there. If he doesn't shape up it's not like the shadows has a shortage of deckers who are worth a lot less to interested parties than him.

>>51648025
Why kill a heretic when you can send him to the inquisition? Just kill the poor bastard, it's less painful on the soul.
>>
>>51648025
Ruins your street cred.
>>
>>51648179
>removing a fragger who plays shitty&dangerous tricks with his own team from the game
>ruining street cred

I'd give him an actual bonus for doing that.
>>
What are some positive decker qualities I should take?
>>
>>51648129
I still want to shoot him even for bluffing. In fact, fuck shooting him. I am going to buy 2 high explosive grenades, a tripwire and kill him with a booby trap in his own fucking apartment. Just when he gets home and thinks he's safe, BOOM! DV 24 SP -3 bitch!
>>
>>51648055
>It would be too ironic
I know, isn't it great!? You get the Corps to risk their neck instead of the other way around. And they'll probably still pay you for doing your work!

>>51648255
codeslinger is your best friend
>>
>>51648228
>having the corps fix a problem you should be able to handle by yourself
>gaining Street Cred
>>
>>51648299
Or you could not having a dick-swinging contest.
and just break his jaw in game. That way he's force to not be able to talk IC and you get your revenge.

Or I mean yeah you could escalate things further.

>>51648255
Codeslinger, Overlocker, Quick Config, Fade to Black are all pretty good.
>>
So is the rest of your party just okay with the technomancer doing this crap or are there only two of you?
>>
>>51648327
You are handling the problem yourself, just in a way that nets you a nice bonus on top of getting rid of some piece of shit.
>>
>>51648397
Except if word gets back to the street (and it will) he stands to lose street cred for running to a corp like a milk sucking wiz kid to solve his problems rather than handling it himself.
For some games, street cred isn't just a number the GM forgets exists.
>>
>>51648386
The rest of the party did not have a problem with it, probably because we weren't very "together" that night. I took the initiative and decided to stealthily enter the facility by going around the back and climbing through the second window on my own. Did they say "Stop, we need you for our infiltration plan to walk through the front door"? No, though perhaps that was for the best because my role in their plan would've been "stand watch by the door like a good little razorboy" and me being on the inside was a plus when the cops showed up. I dunno, I guess they were playing it too black trenchcoat for me that night and I decided to go ahead on my own pink mohawk style.
>>
>>51648595
Nigger, putting him in a bag, gagging him and cashing in on a corp is "handling it yourself".

>it will
le Fiat face

>>51648605
still no excuse for the faggotry the Techno pulled.

Give him one final warning. Tell him to the face that if he ever so much as TRIES to mess with your ware again, he'll be eating a bullet.
Of course, BEFORE you do that, take some safety precautions to make sure he can't pull some shit on you.
>>
>>51648129
>and he can have only one sprite up at a time

Nope. One compiled Sprite at the time, but he can (and if he has the slightest idea what he's doing will) have a bunch of registered ones on top of the compiled one.
>>
>>51648739
Oh yeah that's true in RAW
My Gm houseruled 1 sprite at a time always in my case, I got it mixed up.
>>
>>51648718
>Of course, BEFORE you do that, take some safety precautions to make sure he can't pull some shit on you.
Sadly, there is no room in my short term budget for an Internal Router, especially considering I'd have to upgrade other stuff at the same time because
>0.02 essence

>>51648739
>(and if he has the slightest idea what he's doing will)
Oh, he does.
>>
>>51648718
>le Fiat face
>he thinks the shadows don't talk, and a technomancer showing up on a corp's doorstep won't have tongues wagging
Oh, so you'd had shitty GMs, why didn't you say so.
>>
One more question about AIs:

I have pilot origins, I'm jumped in to an I-Doll (you're right, direktionssekretar is overpriced). I want to fire a machine pistol. Can I use depth + automatics, or do I need an autosoft?
>>
>>51648822
>le arbitrary face

Hohoho, i smell idiocy and inability to cover your tracks.

Besides, people knowing that the techi ended up in an MCT blacksite isn't a problem as long as they know the shadows are better off without him.
Some nice recording of him shitting on his teams turf will do wonders.
Also: Clockwork did nothing wrong, fuck all toasterlovers.

>>51648802
I was more thinking along the line of planting some explosives in the Technos Bedchamber that need to be defused by you and/or some gangbangers getting moniez to geek him if you don't tell them within two days to not do it.

Wireless derpity is the least of your problems, just turn it off.

>0.02 Essence
Lad, thats 0.01 more than you need.
>>
>>51648936
If you are holding the MP in your hands, you can use your automatics skill (see the drone arm in the vehicle rules in R5 for a reference).
>>
>>51648977
>Also: Clockwork did nothing wrong, fuck all toasterlovers.
I KNEW IT
>>
>>51648997
NetKEK pls, go prepare your husbands son some food and change his diapers.
>>
>>51649035
>go prepare your husbands son
That doesn't even make sense. Why would you even try to use that meme instead of playing up the fact that she let an unattractive manchild bareback her on the first date and got knocked up because he forgot to pull out?
>>
>>51648977
What can you get with 0.01 essence?
>>
>>51649108
Betaware upgrades.
>>
>>51649088
>Why would you even try to use that meme instead of playing up the fact that she let an unattractive manchild bareback her on the first date and got knocked up because he forgot to pull out?

Because thats a pretty disgusting fact and them being the posterchild of a dramafamily protected by plotpower doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>51649198
Just count your lucky stars that it's all background noise and we don't have interact with any of it.
>>
>>51649224
You say that, but are they really not in any of the official adventures?
>>
Why would any reasonably sensible runner want to focus on fighting h2h rather than with a gun? Is there a reason for this in the setting or is it just that Shadowrun was made in the nineties.
>>
>>51647655
Re-requesting this
>>
>>51649279
Because its fun and silent and (at least in 5e) sorta viable for magic users to not have it solemly as a backup..
>>
>>51649279
Mostly rule of cool.
It takes a lot of resources to accomplish but folks can hit really fucking hard with a sword or their fists. Close combat is also not nearly as loud as a gun, which is good for silent takedowns.
>>
>>51649276
Not in any of the ones I've read. I've read one where Bull was Mr. Johnson, and then he shows up again in that Splintered State thing, but as far as I can tell Netcat and company are purely novel characters.

Speaking of established NPCs, what's Picador's deal? All I can figure out from his commentary is that he's a mercenary operating in South and Central America, and I'm curious for more details. Since I'm a veteran of the Az-Am war, Picador is the one Jackpoint poster I might actually have encountered.
>>
>>51649357
Do you mean adepts or does that include mages?
>>
>>51649279
Because through magic and cybers, you can move faster than a bullet.
A katana can't be hacked.
Your average troll can both give an receive enough punishment in close range due to it's absurd strength.
Martial arts are still a thing.

Fluffwise, is mostly due to most users having something that lets them take advantage and close the gap, bulletproofing being way better, being always silent, and just how fucking hard your average baton can hit if the right person uses it.
Crunchwise, for coolness, but the mechanics around it makes it really good on the right hands, or really useful when you are in a pinch. It gives half the metas something to be really fucking good, even without much investment. A katana behind a 14 STR troll is fucking scary.
>>
Has anyone ever run in South America? Argentina specifically?

What's going on there?
>>
>>51649481
>A katana can't be hacked.

If you're running a wireless smartgun without a good decker protecting you, then I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>51649524
It's one of those places where it's up to the DM to world build a bit. Kinda like all of the cities in North America where they don't splatbook it.
>>
>>51649562
Shadows of Latin America, my chummer.

>>51649524
Specifically, pages 44-54.
>>
>>51649524
>>51649562
Actually, a good chunk of Shadows of Latin America talks about Argentina; it's under the 4e header in the mediafire.
>>
>>51649603
Which is weird, because it's a 3e book.
>>
File: Superhuman.png (61KB, 390x195px) Image search: [Google]
Superhuman.png
61KB, 390x195px
>>51649279

Fluff speaking, there's a quality for that.

Mechanically speaking, I have a MysAd that is rolling 17 dice for unarmed doing 13P. His eventual progression will let him spend edge to double his damage, which, if it gets the killing blow, refunds the edge.

Also with his high Agi he can skulk around and close distances decently, so
>>
>>51649622
That is weird, though that explains why it talks about the Yucatan War like something that just ended.
>>
>>51649600
>>51649603
I looked through the mediafire and I don't see Shadows of Latin America anywhere.
>>
>>51649691
Even discounting the fact that it talks like 2064 is the current year, it's really obvious if you look at the game stats in the back.

Hell, even the wiki tells you it's FanPro 25011, a sourcebook that was canned before release. I think whoever put it there didn't actually look in it.
>>
>>51649553
I expected to have a decent decker on my team. I have yet to find a competent one, and in my search for it I gave up and became the party decker since I'm tired of the autism the hacker players have.
>>
File: GrowingStronger.jpg (22KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
GrowingStronger.jpg
22KB, 300x400px
>>51649666
>666
>>
>>51649744
I feel you. I'm about to start playing a decker for my group because the GM has started using matrix-related obstacles more, despite not wanting to deal with the matrix.

>I'm tired of the autism the hacker players have.
What do you mean?
>>
>>51649735
http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/phCnRZNJ/file.html
>>
>>51649802
I had three long time hackers on my games. There were one shots/short lived games with others, but not relevant.
The first one, never hacked anything that wasn't a locked door in front of himself. In battles, he hid behind something and maybe shoot his pistol once or twice. And via being the player who rolls shit, whenever he tried to hack anything pro-actively, alarms went out.
The second one, was the best of the ones I had, was a porno/technomancer that was great whenever he was speaking, but knew jack shit about matrix rules so we ended up bossing him around ooc constantly and got salty every once in a while.
The third one, was full paranoid about his deck about how illegal it was, so he always had to be in a safe location to use it, felt like slaving everyone's devices would make it easier to hack him (The rules about datajack and slaved devices scared him), and at one point he sold us out because he thought that the yakuza put a pricetag on our team due to a matrix search glitch.
>>
File: 1454091973776.jpg (85KB, 771x750px) Image search: [Google]
1454091973776.jpg
85KB, 771x750px
So, I have a question. I'm thinking of building an Adept Sniper, and with the logical Priority A Magic, how else should I spread around my priority rankings? In addition, what Adept Powers or Qualities would make me absolutely disgusting at range?

I'm really hoping to give this character an operator bent as well, so I'm just looking for advice at this point.
>>
File: dissapointed.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed.gif
344KB, 256x192px
>top karate man on the team
>10 ranks in the skill
>system doesn't let you use an interrupt action to Jackie Chan disarm a retarded mook firing a machine gun one square away
>>
>>51649993
>Sniper
>In addition, what Adept Powers or Qualities would make me absolutely disgusting at range?
Hawk Eyed Quality, plus Smartgun and Improved Rangefinder on your rifle. That said, prepare to operate with a shotgun because sniper rifles are highly situational weapons.
>>
>>51649993
Magic A for a MysAd? Because for a regular Adept, with magic B you have 6 MAG already.
>>
>>51649993
Chummer, when you say sniper do you mean
>Person that uses a sniper rifle to pick off distant enemies, but moves with the team when needed
or
>Person that positions themselves before the run and picks off those enemies they can see
?
Because as >>51650029 said, most of the time you will need to change position and defend yourself close range
>>
>>51650029
It's a good thing Longarms cover shotguns as well. Any gun recommendation for either weapon type?

>>51650041
I think Magic B should suffice then. Maybe I'll fill up my attributes with A, then.

>>51650053
I think I'd like to do the latter, picking off enemies from far away, but I'm willing to move with the team with a shotgun if needed.
>>
>>51650074
moving with them and long range fighting can work together

as long as you move and don't stay at one place constantly

If e.g. your team is infiltrating a building you can move around it and fire from outside
just get some glasses with image link (and possibly smartlink) and let your team mark enemies
>>
>>51650074
Crocket EBR

That c&a Burstfire capable shotgun with a drum.

Also: read up on the rules on flechette supressive fire.

Giving a whole room a -11 to dodge your high-DV Attack is pretty fun.
>>
>>51650026
Sorry chummer, you have to be holding a baby and also not be wanting any trouble.
>>
>>51650175
don't forget the Weapon Focus (Ladder)
>>
>>51650074
>It's a good thing Longarms cover shotguns as well. Any gun recommendation for either weapon type?
Sadly, the GOAT shotgun cannot be taken at chargen. I recommend grabbing a cheap shotgun then getting the Auto-Assault 16 (AKA, the GOAT shotgun) and loading it up with a smartgun system, Gas Vent 3 and a Shock Pad. Enjoy having 6 recoil from your gun alone.

As for the sniper rifle, I really can't recommend anything other than an Ares Desert Strike plus smartgun system for chargen.
>>
>>51649814
Thanks omae
>>
>>51650074
Krime Boss, omae. Krime Boss. It'll last you a long time.
>>
>>51650074
Remember you can go lower magic and up it with special attributes of metatype.
For shotguns, the Einfield AS-7 is one of the best to start up, until you can upgrade. Sniper, the Crokeett is always great.
Remember to get thermal vision/ultrasound and plenty of smoke grenades, to close the gap or escape when you are alone sniping. A micro camera in one/two of the entrances is also a cheap way to get vision if you are getting surprised.

But, if you go MysAd route, remember optical scopes can be used to cast spells from LOS.
>>
>>51650203
>a smartgun system, Gas Vent 3 and a Shock Pad
Can you put a sling on it?
>>
>>51650258
Well, yeah, but there's no recoil compensation from a sling.
>>
>>51650126
That's actually a fantastic idea. I'll have to implement it.

>>51650143
Which books are those guns in, if you know?
>>
Non-lethal flechettes when?
Armor-piercing flechettes when?
>>
>>51650341
>armor-piercing flechettes

Broken
>>
>>51650303
Also, I'm still in need of Power suggestions. I'm assuming enhancing my reflexes is a given, but anything else?
>>
>>51650203
It's not that much of a tragedy. Get the Mossberg AM-CMDT.
>>
>>51650303
Core book
>>
>>51650392
Improved ability (Longarms) I would have taken as a given too. Also rapid draw.
>>
>>51650392
maybe one rang of Attribute Boost (AGI)
and one rank of combat sense
>>
>>51650258
Yes, you just can't take advantage of the shockpad while it's slung, so if you ready a slung weapon without using rapid draw you wouldn't be able to claim the recoil bonus from the shockpad as you'd be firing from the hip and not the shoulder.
>>
>>51644208
Thank you chummer. I kept looking for an "equipment" section, didnt think to check their random lists
>>
File: IMG_0454.jpg (53KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0454.jpg
53KB, 480x479px
Why is deus vult and all the other qualities in that book such shit? Who the fuck thought to themselves that they should release a bunch of positive qualities with steep penalties attached to them?
>>
>>51649814
Any other sweet-ass fan made books like this one, chummer?
>>
Is there anything I want in armour over other things, and if there is, is there a certain number I should be hitting for it, or should I just take as much as I can get?
>>
>>51651009
First of all remember that on average 3 points of armor = -1 DV
Second, a dice in armor is inferior to a dice in your dodge pool
Third: Stuff to put in armor are Non-conductivity, Fire resistance, possibly ruthenium, maybe a Chem-Seal
>>
>>51650986
It's not really fan-made, it's a compilation of all the bits of the book that were leaked onto the net after the book was canned. Like Bobby Derie's stuff for 6WN and shit.

It does have some really nice graphics work, though.
>>
>>51651075
Why the fucking fuck do you cancel a book about Latin America, for fuck's sake?
>>
One of you n00bs post a link to download the SR5E books cause I ain't paying for nothing
>>
>>51651131
First of all you collossal faggot we are not obligated to do DREK for you, Lurk the fuck more
Second:
READ
THE
OP
AND
LURK
MOAR
>>
File: IMG_0631.jpg (27KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0631.jpg
27KB, 259x194px
>>51651153
You're lucky you didn't say that to me irl or I'd have dropped you quicker than a sack of bricks and you'd be collecting your teeth from up off the pavement
>>
>>51651194
Unicorns are not supposed to hurt virgins.
>>
Going to do my first Shadowrun game that isn't premades on sunday. It's 5e, and based in chicago, with a group that's already established. They could use a Rigger, and their hacker doesn't actually like hacking, so i was thinking a hacker/rigger.

Corpkid, a real hellion who has been a disobedient little shit to his family and got literally abandoned after his father, a PR Manager in a double-A, did a big PR event in Chicago trying to restore it. He's okay with that, since he's seen the horseshit the corps can get into, and willingly joined the Runner Underground, as much out of desire to stick it to the corps as out of necessity. He has his deck and his toys that he brought with him on the trip, knowledge of 'running from sims and trids, and an urge to make shit right.

How bad of an idea is this? And what are good drones and programs to take for a starting character?
>>
File: Caped Baldy Ok.jpg (36KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
Caped Baldy Ok.jpg
36KB, 375x305px
>>51651194
>>
>>51651131
Kill yourself, it'll only take a minute. You'll be happy that you did it. Just go over to your oven and shove your head in it.
>>
>>51651123
Because you're CGL, and the book in question has been in somewhere in development for five years (announced '05, publicly canned '10). At least Shadows of NA, Europe, and Asia got released.
>>
>>51651286
>CGL
Wha?
>>
>>51651312
Catalyst Game Labs.

The book was announced by FanPro in 2005. In 2010 Catalyst publicly stated that the book would never come out,and a bunch of the writers released their drafts for free. The book had been ignored for so long that they hadn't even bothered updating the game info to 4e.
>>
File: CGL.png (15KB, 168x87px) Image search: [Google]
CGL.png
15KB, 168x87px
>>51651312
>>
>>51651225
>Hacker/Rigger
Bad idea, you'll spread your money way to thin.
Do one of both things.

Also keep in mind that, depending on your GM, Rigging is a turboshitty job. If your GM starts killing your drones for fun, pull out. Every single one of them is probably worth an entire run.
>>
>>51651347
Fair. I'll be pure Hacker, then. I know that one Drone got killed in an earlier premade because it was designed to look like an insect and it was chicago, and they don't take kindly to that shit. Also, it's run by an official CGL rep, if that matters.
>>
>>51649814
Oh god, the Uruguay and Argentina sections are written by someone really clever, or someone insanely dumb.

>>51651365
I would tentatively reject the game, given the quality of most CGL employees at this point.
>>
>>51651402
>I would tentatively reject the game, given the quality of most CGL employees at this point.
I was tempted to, honestly. However, i've been talking up Shadowrun for a while locally because I've loved reading the books and wanted to get a game going, and then a CGL rep showed up in our area. I can't really say no, especially with other plans at my LGS that day anyway. Last time this happened, I made that I had a bunch of shit to do around the house, but this time they know that isn't so.
>>
>>51651402
>the Uruguay and Argentina sections are written by someone really clever, or someone insanely dumb.
Elaborate?
>>
>>51651336
>>51651337
Derp.
>>
I'm assuming it doesn't count as a pistol for using a concealed holster, but does a machine pistol count as a pistol for a concealed holster?
>>
>>51651435
Just give it a try.
Being an incompetent rules author doesn't mean you suck at GM'ing.

If you go the Hacker route, try grabbing at least wired reflexes 1 and a smartlink.
Not being able to shoot is shit.
Having a weak body and not having enough INI to use full Defense after your first action is even worse.
If you take Pistols, grab the Savalette Guardian. If you take Automatics, grab the SteyerTMP or the Ingram Smartgun.
>>
>>51651557
Also consider getting a Arm of God (Tricked out cyberarm with increased AGI)
>>
>>51651475
Uruguay is a footnote, for the most part. What happened in the post-Viceroyalty era, when Uruguay basically kicked out the Spanish, then the Brasilians, and then the English, and then they became independent after a short battle against Paraguay. All this with Rio de la Plata (Argentina) trying to get them to join them. Now, even with political tensions between the countries, the populace of both Argentina and Uruguay are some of the closest possible, even with an Uruguayan city (Punta del Este) having over 70% of Argentinan poupulation.
The basic joke being that it was and still is a big fucking deal in Latin America, being the founders of the MERCOSUR, ones that keep standing their ground across history, and even if the politic side says otherwise, the people get along easily with everyone. And their capture and submission is just a couple of paragraphs, just like it's treatment in the 'global scale' even counting how big of a deal they really are.
>>
>>51651475
>>51651715
Argentina chapter... It's basically either someone who read the cliffnotes version of history and wrote something that sounded like it would happen, or someone really clever did some of the best political commentary I have seen in years.
The idea of the "tragedy" of the country selling out to corps is fucking stupid, since the goverment by 1991 had done exactly that TWICE, and even now it might happen again for a third time.
The military junta being supported by leftists and peronists, the ones they had a civil war against the last time we had a military government.
The military junta being AGAINST corps publicly, when they were the first ones to sell out the country to corps.
The political sides on Argentina being peronist and leftists, when the left is barely existent in the country since the 80', with the more accurate description of the political sides being "Peronist-left, peronist, right" and almost every politician saying it's a peronist.
Arrojo making sure to bolster the middle class, taking over the peronist voters, fucking over the lower class all while doing backroom dealings... Exactly like the government did in the 90'
... And that govermenent giving a record unemployment rate, literally like it did before.

I said, it's the best done political commentary, and I get the feeling it might be more accidental than intentional. Argentina is a country that keeps fucking up, even in the same ways as before, and keeps standing up. The book captures that feeling and the despair that even if things get better, there will always be something worse to show up, and it's all because of corruption, pride and stupidity of the people in charge.
But there are a few things that are obviously way off the mark.
>>
Can you be a Drake and an Infected at the same time?
>>
>>51651792
But, a lot of the concepts hit way off the mark.
They keep calling the Church as really influential and powerful, and it's not really true. The upper echelons sure, bad corrupt and conservative. But the churches the people go, the ones that the locals listen to, are very leftist, and they have always been. They supported the left on the last military dictatorship, even against the will of the "official" stance of the Argentinian church. I actually believe local churches would HELP metas and mages, rather than outcasting them. A lot of the religious movement in Argentina is about community support.
The 'Argentina is white' meme is in full effect. While I agree there is a vast populace of European descent, it's not fucking 90%. At least half the country comes from mix with indigenous, other latin countries (Like Peru, Paraguay and Bolivia), and turks. So much kebab.
And that leads to the point of "hate" against metas and mages. While they would be scared and give them looks, an Argentinean couldn't give less of a fuck where you come from as long as you don't touch their shit. They are used to being surrounded by so many colors that a midget or an Ork might seem strange, but not something you would outright hate, no matter what the official church says.

There is a lot of great stuff, and at the same time it feels like someone who doesn't understand jackshit tried to make something about people they will never meet.
>>
>>51651903
>There is a lot of great stuff, and at the same time it feels like someone who doesn't understand jackshit tried to make something about people they will never meet.
Shadowrun
>>
>>51651846
Kill yourself
>>
>>51648936
Depth/Pilot+Automatics.
If you have Pilot Origins you can use Depth/Pilot+autosoft, if better.
>>
>>51652149
I'm not actually making the character, I just want to know if it's possible.
>>
File: 32cb53cf18827f9bc7826e1a28335dd7.jpg (383KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
32cb53cf18827f9bc7826e1a28335dd7.jpg
383KB, 2560x1600px
>>51651846
There are no known HMHVV strains that have infected drakes or shapeshifters. Technically it's not impossible, but it hasn't happened in canon yet.
>>
>>51650274
You should always put a sling on your primary weapon, even if it does not stack with other recoil. Otherwise you risk dropping it at the worst times, or when switching weapons. You drop your Alpha out of a helicopter into the sea one time and no one shuts up about it.
>>
>>51652473
Put a sling on everything, it doesn't occupy any slots and it's only ¥15.
>>
>>51652445
Shapeshifters fair enough, but technically drakes are also a specific metatype/variant as well, which would be able to be infected. Personally I wouldn't allow it but I can see how the door is open for it.
>>
>>51651846
Drakes are immune to HMHVV. This is in effect even if you have not fully paid off the quality.
So in 5th Ed you can buy the Drake quality for 0 karma, never intend to pay it off fully, and be immune to the disease. All for the low, low price of every corp in the world wanting to capture you.
>>
>>51652445
>>51652617
Thanks

Another question, though: what do drakes actually look like? The books say that they look like human-sized dragons, but the pictures of them just look like lizardfolk/dragonborn.
>>
File: 1420090689426.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1420090689426.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>51652473
>You drop your Alpha out of a helicopter into the sea one time and no one shuts up about it.
Sounds like you're speaking from experience, omae.
>>
If I wanted to play an occult/astral investigator type character, would it be better to go full mage or aspected (probably conjuring) mage?
>>
>>51652693
I'd personally say mage, because for a investigator Assensing is like top priority, spirits/spells after
>>
>>51652663
They look like miniature versions of normal dragons. Some artists never got the memo.

If it helps your sanity, just imagine that the half-lizard ones are SURGE victims.
>>
>>51652723
Aspected conjurers can assense - they just can't cast detection spells.
>>
>>51652693
>>51652740

Full Magician. Aspected mages are for experienced players who know exactly what they are losing and are going for a very specific build.
>>
>>51652674
I spent 7 grand tricking out that fucking gun. Never forget.
>>
>>51652730
>If it helps your sanity, just imagine that the half-lizard ones are SURGE victims.
What are you talking about? They *are* SURGE victims, anon.
>>
>>51652693
Depends. What's your combat role preference? And if you can answer it, what are you expecting to get into conflict with? Criminals and lowlifes? Corpsec? Spirits and para critters?
>>
>>51652730
I think they might have changed that in 5e

In Howling Shadows, it says...
>"Although datajacks as well as all other cyberware disappear in dracoform, you are still able to use trodes. While true dragons are not able to use human speech and must communicate through Dragonspeak, Drakes retain enough of their human physiology to be able to speak normally (if a bit gravellier than usual). Shifting into dracoform causes a certain degree of body growth, not to mention the appearance of a tail and sometimes wings. This can play havoc with clothing and armor. Some drakes opt for less restrictive clothing while others have their clothing specially tailored with magnetic flaps and size-adjusting gusseting."

Compare to 4e, where Drakes weren't able to speak, use trodes, or use metahuman equipment
>>
>>51652817
Combat role would probably be fire support. Leave the heavy hitting to the street sam, but i have no issue throwing some lead with a smg or sending out a spell or spirit to fuck something up.

As far as opponents, mostly a mix of criminals and spirits/paracritters. It's a carib league game, corps don't have too much presence there (relative to the rest of the setting at least).
>>
File: toot!.png (433KB, 1000x994px) Image search: [Google]
toot!.png
433KB, 1000x994px
>>51652794
RIP 7k Alpha
>>
>>51652877
An Aspected conjurer cannot engage directly in combat without a heavy dosage of Cram and Jazz in his veins, because you have no other option for initiative boosting. Unless you take ware, of course.
>>
>>51652909
So summon a guardian spirit to throw cars around while you take cover.
>>
File: 1484647444706.jpg (86KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
1484647444706.jpg
86KB, 1000x574px
>>51651557
Not the guy you're responding to, but is a Ruger Warhawk also viable for pistols, or is the Savalette Guadian one of those choices that are almost mandatory?
>>
>>51652924
This. If you really need to go first, you can just pick up Adrenaline Surge.
>>
>>51652877
I'd go with >>51652766 then. You don't gain enough for both your combat role and non-combat role as an aspected magician to offset the things you do lose as an aspected magician.
>>
>>51652960
From a mechanical standpoint? Guardian always. Rule of cool? Very few things trumps a Ruger.
>>
>>51652960
Totally viable. Its just a choice between higher damage and hitting more often.
>>
>>51651846
The fuck man, this level of bullshittery makes me sad to play a drake. You dont deserve to be a drake. No dragon soul would bring itself so low with the trash of metahumanity to even interact with the dieased spawn, let alone be turned. Our pure blood cannot be sullied by this lowly plague. Begone you edgelord fag of fuckery.
>>
>>51653020

>"Our pure blood"

Scalie spotted
>>
>>51652960
Why not have both?
>>
>>51652967
Is there actually anything aspected mages are good for? Since the have to buy their spells, they aren't don't seem like a good choice for anything other than conjuring, if you want ed to make a focused mage I feel like you go full mage and just only invest in one skill area.
>>
>>51653020
I was just an idea I was tossing around for one of my games.

Ever since we stopped playing 3.5, I've had a tradition with my players of always including an NPC who's hopelessly and obviously powergamed, as a joke.
The one I'm working on for Shadowrun is an Oni, Mystic Adept, Drake, Vampire, SURGE victim, and a weeaboo.
>>
>>51653059
God please dont lump me in with all that shit, furries/scalies/otherfaggotry make my skin crawl

I was just acting as my drake character. He thinks like a dragon not a human.
>>
How important is a cyberarm for a decker? currently at 8 dice for shooting
>>
>>51653180
As important as you wanting him to be a crackshot.

Arm of Awesome gives you 9 Agility for one handed guns, thats pretty good.
>>
>>51653067
Aspected Sorcerers would be fine, if they got free spells. They don't, so they're a huge noob trap.
>>
>>51653067
They're pretty solid for "dipping" into magic. Like if you wanted to make a gun slinger type character and wanted a bit of magic to spice things up but do not want the headache of making a mystic adept, then they're not a bad choice. Your spellcasting pool might take a hit (especially if you pack on some cyberware) but since you'll probably be picking up either detection or body spells where net hits aren't super important, it's not so bad.

Granted, I haven't built an aspected magician yet so this is all rather theoretical so take it with a grain of salt.
>>
File: IMG_0622.jpg (124KB, 919x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0622.jpg
124KB, 919x613px
What's the most white male class/race combination?
>>
>>51653547
Human street sam. FPS protagonist.
>>
>>51649743
I quite often don't. I also just batch downloaded a load of things for pre-5th ed, so it might be a carry over from that.
>>
>>51647193
Buy a magemask, or make one - gum his eyes shut and cover his balls in FAB goop.
>>
>>51653547
Just make a Jensen-clone from Deus Ex
>>
File: IMG_0613.jpg (126KB, 1280x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0613.jpg
126KB, 1280x732px
>>51653568
I like the way you think
>>
>>51653584
Magemasks prevent talking, too. Mage cuffs electrocute them when the internal glomoss detects astral activity - a bit trigger happy in astrally active areas, but will definitely prevent the mage doing anything mage-like.
>>
>>51653654
They're a hood, but they can still speak. Questions piped in through the static earpieces. Etc.
>>
Can anyone tell me where to find magic sensitive spraypaint? I remember it being something that some wizgangs use to tag territory. But now i cant find it
>>
>>51653693
No.

>It consists of a plastic hood that fts over the prisoner’s head, completely cutting off line of sight. A gag-tube prevents the magician from speaking but allows him to breathe normally. Te mask also contains a white-noise generator that creates sufcient static to drastically increase the difficulty of mental actions the prisoner takes (including attempts to use magic).
>>
>>51635083

Hey anon, sorry I didn't see you post Badger in the last thread!

I really like how he turned out. Only thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way is having zero dice in using the giant fuck-off club he calls a tail. But, Skills are tight, so I kinda understand. That is, unless the GM would rule that as qualifying as "unarmed combat" since it IS technically a limb, but I doubt that.

I do like how he's a combat monster, who's also got almost every form of detection covered. Regular, low light, infared, Electromagnetic, astral, Scent, and Audio, thanks to those earbuds.

I like him and I'm certainly gonna use him as an NPC in my game.
>>
>>51652999
>Not playing a Lucky+Revels in Murder pistolero adept with a Warhawk
Step it up senpai
>>
>>51654006
>not also getting Superhuman Psychosis, and investing in Unarmed and Martial Arts for Finishing move
Mediocre edge.
>>
Essential shopping list for a mage?
>>
>>51654053
>lacking daredevil, poor self control (thrill seeker/combat junkie)
Do you even engelord?
>>
>>51654151
For character creation, there isn't really much in the way of *essential* mage gear. Focii are nice, as is a handful of drugs depending on your tradition and how much fighting you intend to do, but for the most part you can get away with the shadowrunning essentials and a firearm of your choice. Stim-patches are also helpful if you're low on stunboxes and need to juice up for some drain, but the comedown can fuck you over so time that shit carefully.

For real though, don't skimp out on taking a gun along with your spells, even if it's something shitty like a taser. You'll be grateful as hell when Drain catches up on you and you need to put some hurt downrange when your condition-boxes are feeling the burn.
>>
>>51654151
A SIN, an armed gun, a commlink, an armored jacket+mask, a gallon of lube, glasses and earbuds.
>>
To be a proper runner, what do you need?

Like, what is, for any competent character that has a legitimate interest in keeping himself not arrested or dead, what are the bare minimum skills and gear that you need?
>>
>>51654345
The ability to enter a secure facility, achieve your objectives, and leave.
>>
>>51654345
see
>>51654320

You can probably skip the lube. Things to add to that list:
A few burner commlinks.
Relevant licenses for whatever you do.
A close-range option (shock gloves or stun baton most likely, unless you're built for melee).
Skill in stealth and ettiquette.
>>
>>51654320
>a gallon of lube
He said a mage, not a character with lewd implications!
>>
>>51654404
Everyone needs lube, eventually.
>>
>>51654463
>not fucking them dry
>>
File: 1382644296650.jpg (53KB, 917x900px) Image search: [Google]
1382644296650.jpg
53KB, 917x900px
>>51654320
>>51654404
>>51654463

>Shadowrun character is an SS13 clown

oh god no

NO
>>
>>51654386
What's a good etiquette and stealth dicepool for someone who isn't doing etiquette or stealth?
>>
>>51654496
>SS13 clown
I don't even know what this means beyond "SS13 clowns fuck up everything for all the other players".
>>
>>51654345
>Rating 4 Sin and licenses
>High-grade Commlink
>One or more cheap burner-commlinks
>Earbuds and imagelink-enabled glasses/contacts for AR
>Rating 3 medkit
>10 Plastic restraints
>Survival knife
>Stun-baton or stun-gloves
>At least one easily-concealable firearm with both lethal and non-lethal ammo
>Two months prepaid of the Squatter lifestyle for some place to sleep safely
>A couple doses of Cram for delicious initiative
That's your bare-bones survival-kit, the sort of stuff no runner should ever be without. As for skills:
>Perception, absolutely mandatory
>Sneak, because you're a deniable-asset that needs to do things quietly
>Con, because you'll inevitably have to bullshit something and the group face will be busy
>Gymnastics, so you can mount a fence and not die
>First aid, because even if you've got a dedicated healer it's always handy to not default on suturing a bullet-wound
>One ranged combat skill of your choice
>>
>>51654548

>Lubing the ground before Corpsec shows up and slipping them
>Honk enemies with a bike horn when they're stunned/downed
>Ballistic Mask that looks like a clown mask
>Spray flower filled with Chlorine Triflouride I've had a traitor clown do this before to me in game
>>
File: tumblr_nxev34aR8L1sx3nmao1_540.jpg (68KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxev34aR8L1sx3nmao1_540.jpg
68KB, 540x360px
>>51649279
In Pink Mohawk, rule of cool. In Black Trenchcoat, its efficient to have a murder weapon that either isn't immediately lethal (like a stun baton) or one that is lethal but isn't immediately recognizable as a "real" threat (like a sword) or is easily concealable (like a knife). Furthermore, nothing will aggravate a situation like pulling a gun. You might punch a fucker in a bar and just get thrown out. But you pull a gun in a bar and the cops get called. Or worse, everybody else in the bar pulls their guns on you because you are the asshole who escalated the situation into a life or death episode.

With that said, I'll be the first person who thinks that everybody should carry at least a pistol in Shadowrun. Even if you don't know a trigger from your dick a gun is a good deterrent and being visibly armed is sometimes a good thing, especially in the rougher parts of the sprawl. But even if you're a magical swordsman or a cybernetic slugger, the gun at your hip can be a decent red herring, distracting those around you from what they should really be afraid of.
>>
>>51654537
8-10, just so you can squeak by when they're needed.
>>
>>51654633
Why is Sailor Moon manning a HMG on her wedding day?
>>
>>51654553
>Survival knife
>Stun-baton or stun-gloves
Why do you need both if you have skill in neither? just because high electric damage?
>>
>>51654682
Stun Baton gives a good deterrent for things and can fuck someone up something fierce if it connects.

Survival Knife is useful because it's a knife. How often are you going to need to sever a cable, scrape something off something else, scratch a message into something, cut something, or just have a sharp object that'd be handy?
>>
>>51654682
Survival knife because even without skill in blades a knife has a fuckton of utility, and stun-baton/gloves because 9/8 stun-damage and -5 AP is a pretty fucking good deal for low-strength characters to have some beatdown capability.
>>
>>51654682
Much like in Dungeons and Dragons, and really any role playing game where characters are going to be on the fridge, a knife comes in handy. At some point you WILL need to cut something and it might not even be a person. The survival knife in particular is useful because it comes with all sorts of useful gear inside it like a compass and a flare. Useful for, well, survival situations.

And stun weapons are great for those who aren't built specifically for melee combat. Instead of using a weapon that needs a competent strength bonus to make it useful, stun weapons come with a moderate flat damage that doesn't require strength to dole out. Plus they are generally cheap, easy to find/replace, and don't raise attention like guns do.
>>
>>51654653
In the name of the moon, she will punish you.
>>
Every time I see anyone with the unarmed fighter archetype, I'm reminded of Evangelion and wonder how many wimps they must have in storage for replacement parts. Wrestling with a Barghest must not be fun.
>>
>>51654151
I cannot stress this enough: get a gun (preferably with smartgun + smartlink) and at least rating 4 in the appropriate skill with at least agi 3. Even if you spec in combat and are shitting upwards of 18 dice per combat spell, get a gun and know how to use it. Don't waste spells (and drain) on mooks.
>>
>>51654779
>Not being a 17 Str Troll with every unarmed damage booster you can get, and Smashing Blow for the ability to lovetap a nuclear bomb shelter into dust
>>
>>51654787
>17 Str
how
>>
>>51654857
Genetic Optimization, Surge, and Exceptional Attribute. Alternatively, be that one metavariant with a 1 higher natural Str, and just get whatever your flavor of +4 booster is.

Tada, you now have 17+bonuses x2 base damage to structures.
>>
>>51654906
If you're going for smashing blow, you might as well take penetrating strike.
>>
File: Norton Mapes2.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Norton Mapes2.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>51653547
>What's the most white male class/race combination?
Human decker because hacking is really white.

Adam Jensen knockoff human street-sams are second place for me only because fiction increasingly features non-whites doing that kind of thing too.

Although white women are getting portrayed as hackers too sometimes, so it's really a question of whether you place greater weight on race or sex.
>>
>>51654971
Yeah, that's part of that build.
>>
File: lewd.png (636KB, 2500x2641px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
636KB, 2500x2641px
>>51655041
Shame they took Blast out of the elements list. Imagine.
>>
>>51649279
You work for the Yakuza or Triads, where it brings a lot of unwanted attention to use guns.
>>
File: keksimus.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>51655164
>Yakuza and Triads
>using guns
>unwanted attention
I have it on good authority that those fellows are not afraid of using guns in the slightest.
>>
>>51655109
Fire still gives like -6 AP
>>
>>51655197
Yeah, but it's not as disgusting. And I think I saw a ruling on the official forums a while back mentioning that fire ap on elemental strike is only against armour that would prevent it from igniting, like fire resistance.
>>
>>51655250
Can you get a source on that? Because that's not how normal fire -AP works.
>>
>>51655278
Couldn't help you on that. But the book has the fire AP as applied only for a test to determine wether an item catches fire. Similar to the way it works with a spell. Regular AP for an elemental spell, and then double for fire ignition tests.
>>
>>51653547
Im going to say Face. Whatever else you tack on, white males own being the Face of just about any group in media. While they are of course various leaders of other groups, they are always aspected towards the culture of the group, a white guy can assimilate into the leadership of any culture, especially a group of misfits or ragtag bunch. White guys are the inheritors of any culture in media, from Dances with Wolves to Last Samurai.
>>
How do you all do your maps for Shadowrun?
>>
Whats the best melee weapon for straight damage/accuracy?
>>
>>51655409
Shock Ram.
>>
>>51655401
For randoms, some grid paper and matches. Throw the matches at the paper. Use the shapes for rooms.
>>51655409
Highland forge claymore. AP -5, Damage of str+5, reach of 2. Acc 5. Get a personalised grip to bump it to 6. Otherwise it's a tossup between a katana and a combat axe. acc vs damage.
>>
>>51655409
The best melee weapon is the Highland Forge Claymore. The only weapon that can arguably match it is the Katana, because it has better accuracy. Apply Rapid Draw/Iaijutsu with Revels with Murder for the murder machine of your dreams.
>>
>Shock Ram
>Accuracy 4
>Reach 1
>DV (STR+2)P + 12(e)
>AP –3
>>
Anybody come up with cool homebrew Bioware? My Runners are going to raid a clinic and I'd like ideas for cool shit not in the book.
>>
>>51655428
>>51655430

Other than a personalized grip, is there any other weapon mods that would be good for it? Like, is there any way to craft a taser into the hilt for added stun damage etc.
>>
>>51655460
Hwat
>>
>>51655461
>cool homebrew Bioware?
"Second Puberty": a procedure that increases all stats, your bone density, your height and weight and the size of your sexual characteristics. It costs no essence, because it's an advanced form of biosculpting that takes months of floating in a tank in a bioware lab.
>>
>>51655477
Dikote
>>
Its a little early but

NEW THREAD
>>51655514
>>51655514
>>51655514
>>
>>51655460
Oh, I forgot.

Assuming 12(e) means 12S(e) and a great non-lethal melee choice, and you can change that to 10P(e) with Hard Targets' Overclocked mod. This makes it a Str+12P(e) weapon.

Otherwise (if you assume the electrical damage is P), it's just massive lethal damage all the time.

>>51655497
Run & Gun, Tactics & Tools has the best melee weapon.
>>
>>51655477
>Like, is there any way to craft a taser into the hilt for added stun damage etc
You COULD ask for that, but then you'd be attacking with the hilt/pommel, which has an Accuracy of 3 and IIRC uses Clubs.

The best way to deal stun damage with a sword is with the "Sweep" Martial Arts technique. It lets you deal full Stun damage with a Close Combat Knockdown Called Shot, which means you bash the fucker's legs in with the flat of your sword and you knock him on his ass. Combine with Rapid Draw to instantly convert a Security Officer into a sleeping man.
Add "Melee Hardening" as a joke. Otherwise, you could get a Holster for it, its ambiguous whether or not you can because the corebook assumes no but Run and Gun assumes you can.
>>
>>51655477
Probably not. It's not the most subtle weapon in the world. You want to use it for non-lethal, go take silken storm. There's probably a martial art that uses swords that has it. Maybe a bit of ruthenium polymer for a sheath and hilt coating. You're carrying around a two metre chunk of metal.
>>
>>51655524
>You want to use it for non-lethal, go take silken storm.
Sweep.

>SWEEP (CLOSE COMBAT ONLY)
>Martial Art techniques allow more control over how the opponent falls when the character knocks him off his feet (Knockdown, p. 194, SR5). He may choose to inflict damage as if it were a normal melee attack. Damage type from a sweep is always Stun.
>>
>>51655428
If you're a phys adept, unarmed. It scales better cos it uses physical limit as accuracy. You might want to check with your gm if he's okay with weapon foci working for unarmed but even if it doesn't, you still get an obscene dice pool and limit.

But if you need a physical weapon, katana. Best balance between accuracy and DV.
>>
>>51655461
Biolumen bones- adds a touch of flair to your voodoo shaman or toxic mage
Scent snout- helps you sniff out trouble
Electrolocation Sensory Strips- like what sharks & oher fish have
Reverable Hands- hands that can move the ligaments & bones to allow you to reverse the grip of your hand & take some Stun damage
Lion Vocal Cords- to declare that you are the king of the urban jungle
Skin Jacket- You have your skin treated to be removable like a big metahuman onesie & have a handful of other jackets grown to dofferent specifications to allow you to assume different ethnicities/sexes/some metatypes or just a different build/face
Toxin Stomach- Another stomach where you can change to it or your regular stomach. It is useful to store toxins/drugs in to be regurgitated, but can also safely store any toxin you injest (so if you thing the wine is poison you switch to the Toxin Stomach, drink it & dont feel the effects because the stomach doesnt process it, you could later puke out the wine)
>>
>>51655461
Reagent Gizzard - When installed, someone can percolate and refine a single unit of a reagent and still do their thing. Accessible through a sphincter on the torso.

Orichalcum Bone Lacing - Hideously expensive and painful. They carve very specific channels in the bones of the recipient and jam it full of Orichalcum. Attacks count as magic for the purposes of overcoming immunity (normal weapons).
>>
>>51655620

>Biolumen Bones

That... Fuck, I want that now. Like, ALL that shit. Full Spoopy Skeleton.
>>
>>51655696
I know right? I dont even know what the hell kind of use it would be but its fucking metal as hell & the first thing i thought of
>>
>>51655801
>>51655696
Technically, there's a negative metagenetic quality that does this.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.