[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 40

File: SR Dragonfall Horrors.png (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SR Dragonfall Horrors.png
162KB, 1920x1080px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51604651
>CFD:_Could_it_rise_again.trid
>Insect_Spirits:_How_to_spot_them.knwsft
>Shedim_Summoning_Ritual.ritual
>VITAS_4_0:_Could_it_happen.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (0% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Why live anymore, chummer? I think this is the end for me'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running death.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

End of the world edition
How do you think it will end?
Enslavement by all powerful AIs?
A new VITAS strand killing us all?
Bugs/Horrors finally taking over?
>>
Have a Chummer 5 question. Have a magical character with some ware installed, which drops the maximum magic down. Chummer, however, instead of reducing one from the current magic just says I'm overspending a special attribute point? What's the deal? Am I mathing wrong? I thought I had to pay for 4 points of magic, take the ware, and that'd drop me down to 3.
>>
>>51621275
Did you put the magic in first? Maybe just remove the magic point built up with the SA point and then install it. Keep it at like 2 or something and add to it when you've got all the ware installed.
>>
>>51620697
Probably massive Dragon shenanigan pileups, like dragon mutually assured destruction. And some asshole runner who pulled the worst trigger.
>>
>>51621275
Essence loss pushes your value and maximum down, and Chummer assumes that you want to preserve the rating you have, so it automatically spends a Heritage point to preserve that rating. There's a technical explanation for why we do it that way, but it's not very interesting.
>>
>>51620685
>Life Magic
>Naming
>Seventh Son
>Expanded, less-retarded Blood Magic
>All those negative qualities
DICK: ONLINE
>>
>>51621298
>>51621373
Thanks for the quick explanation. For Mystic Adepts, though, specifically, that last power point you'd have to buy (and then lose) isn't priced. Is that how mystic adepts work, then, and I've got 5 more karma than I thought? Or is that not depreciated since magic is depreciated for mystic adepts?
>>
>>51621418
Like I said, this is pretty ancient and not even a first draft, just notes. The guy stopped working when Loren started doing coke and refurbishing his bathroom. Hopefully it'll be as good. Those notes are great for games where you're the GM and scratching your head.

I'm thinking we'll get some sort of blood metamagic chain. People who start to use it more and more until they don't really need blood, just physical damage. And then move on to a less efficient method of stealing it from spirits, followed by some sort of background count modifier. Something like reducing it by their magic within a certain radius, positive or negative, as long as they're in their body.
>>
>>51620697
Honestly, I don't plan on being around when it ends, and don't think I will by my current estimations, so what do I care?
>>
File: 1485878999969.jpg (218KB, 1784x896px) Image search: [Google]
1485878999969.jpg
218KB, 1784x896px
>>51621440
Honestly, not sure. As a mysad, you START with one PP but you can lose it in character creation. I'd need to see it to be sure, but Chummer being Chummber, it's probably a bug. Sorry. Hassle Yekka when he turns up.
>>
>>51621449
>Doing coke and refurbishing his bathroom
Wait
What
>>
If shit really started going down, do you think all the magic fuckers would just bugger off to another plane?
>>
>>51621493
>implying shit hasn't been going down for most of the setting timeline

Also I'm like 90% sure that even a fucked earth is nicer than the metaplanes.
>>
>>51620685
>Ghostwalk
What in the everliving fuck is this supposed to do? Since the Astral gives zero fucks about gravity, does this allow an adept to pop into astral, fly up onto a roof or whatever and manifest back into meatspace?
>Acolyte
Really? Odd-jobbing mentor spirits?

God damned wizards have to ruin everything.
>>51621440
More accurately it's probably not costed since I forgot about it. I thought it was working though, I'll have a look at it first chance I get. Tonight's kingdom death night so it won't be for a while.
>>
>>51621468
Fuck you anon
Dubs--my character clan
>>
>>51621592
Got that backwards. So they're not getting smacked around by vastly faster and superior astral forms, rather. They're still vulnerable to dick based sorcery.
>>
>>51621472
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50989
>>
File: 1476025602852.gif (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476025602852.gif
28KB, 400x300px
>>51621440
>droping your essence as a mystic adept
I'm sure there is a reason but please give it a sanity check before finalising the character.
>>
>>51621558
Appreciated.
>>
>>51621558
>>51621440
Oh hang on, I get what you're talking about. Um. As far as RAW is concerned, you pay 5 karma per PP. i'd need to see a RAW clarification that Essence Loss affects that, since adepts just get PP = MAG ad it only gets weird for MysAds..
>>
>>51621680
Not him, and I don't know about mystic adepts, but for the regular ones, giving up a point of essence for that bioware thing that gives you extra initiative passes is a better bet than buying the equivalent power with power points.
>>
>>51620697
>That pic

jesus, what ending is this

Is this what happens when i let firewing go?
>>
>>51622078
Nope. This is what happens when you side with Vauclair
>>
>>51622151
what
How did killing all dragons caused an allout lovecraftian apocalypse?
>>
>>51620697
Mega corps are metahumanity's only refuge. Only they had the resources to shelter so many. But salvation comes at a price, the Corps saved your life, now your life is theirs...

Before the Horrors came the creation of kaers was rediscovered, or its secrets were given by an immortal elf or dragon. Metahumanity shuffled in to thier neon prisons, safe but no longer free, only Denver has a simblance of freedom, ruled by Ghostwalker.

But isolation doesnt work all that great, metahumanity used to be connected, it still is in a few ways, the Matrix is still used, to an extent. But to trade supplies someones gotta make that trip, somebody's gotta make that run. To travel by the light of day is suicide,

Stick to the shadows,
Watch your back,
Conserve ammo,
& try to stay sane
>>
>>51622183
The meta-metaplot is that the Dragons know that the Horrors are coming, and their machinations are in-part preparations against them. Without the Dragons on our side, Metahumanity fails to offer any meaningful defense against the horrors and we lose big time.
>>
>>51622233
>their
Mostly Mountainshadow. Lofwyr's just kind of a dick who will only do it if he absolutely has to.
>>
>>51622183
Dunklezahn dies before he can sacrifice himself to prevent the Horrors from breaching into our world early.
>>
>>51622196
During the scourge, the surface of the earth literally swarms wit hhorrors. Like, they opened the doors of a Kaer once slightly early, like two years before they were supposed to, and there was an immediate stampede.

The Equinox setting details the New Scourge. Earth went boom, and Humanity is spread across the stars.
>>
>>51622271
Harlequin's final joke. "Haha, now you're fucked! So long!"

I think Aina's 'death' was her way of forcing everyone in their little clique to work toward anti-horror measures.
>>
>>51622358
I find it hard to believe that every fucking inch of earth has a Horror. Not only that but it could be in a timeframe where we arent at Scourgeoclock just yet but is around the corner, while still having enough horrors to make everything shitty.
>>
>>51622568
When the doors were opened, most of the earth was just bare rock and soil. They ate it all.
>>
>>51622233

God that's dogshit

They're self interested assholes and trying to paint them in that light is just trying to make an excuse why metahumanity doesn't unite and murder them all
>>
Can anyone recommend any YouTube channels for Shadowrun? New to the game trying to get an overview of different kinds of tests
>>
>>51622627
It's giving them too much credit. Last scourge, they gave out the rituals to anyone willing to serve them like good little buttsluts. Then the Therans stopped them and started doing the same thing.
>>
File: Dealing With Dragons.png (2MB, 1196x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Dealing With Dragons.png
2MB, 1196x1006px
>>51620697
>End of the world edition
>How do you think it will end?

Magic will leave the world just as suddenly as it arrived, leaving a massive, gaping hole in civilization that was just learning to accommodate it. Global war with set the world ablaze as this sudden void in the hierarchy will reignite old rivalries. The Seventh World will be one of a radioactive wasteland with metahuman kind being blasted back to the medieval age
>>
>>51622681
They managed to artificially sustain the mana levels last time. Probably the same thing will happen. People tentatively stretch out, start building things that work on magic alone.. THEN someone will drop a nuke on the pillars and your post starts.
>>
>>51620697

My money is on Jesus actually returning and fucking shit up.

I'm not even christian, I just think it would be a hilarious twist.
>>
>>51622753
>Its a Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad triple team apocalypse
Aztechnology bet on the wrong metaphysical horse
>>
>>51622767
They'd have to dig up Vince McMahon and turn it into the world's most amazing wrestling match.
>>
>>51622782

>Vince McMahon

>Not Macho Man Randy Savage

Anon... Bro...
>>
>>51622829
Obviously Savage is helping the other three.
>>
Is there any short range 'teleportation' spell in 5th ed? Or something among those lines...
>>
>>51622867
No.

Closest you get is setting up two manatech portals into another plane, with the physical openings in separate places, but the astral plane openings side by side.
>>
>>51622867
>>51622884
It should be noted that said portals don't exist.
>>
File: ihor-pasternak-daro-sd.jpg (411KB, 1920x2925px) Image search: [Google]
ihor-pasternak-daro-sd.jpg
411KB, 1920x2925px
>>51622867
>'teleportation'

Specifically not a thing in Shadowrun. All attempts have failed horribly.
>>
>>51622904
It's possible they don't exist.
>>
File: 1464202676108.jpg (54KB, 530x461px) Image search: [Google]
1464202676108.jpg
54KB, 530x461px
>>51622906

>mfw a corporation finally figuring it out could be a plotline

And in the process, a facility is overrun with extra-planar horrors. Not capital h "Horrors", but some kind of monsters.
>>
>>51623285
I honestly forget which, but there's a few instances of Jethura being seen in the Sixth World outside of Oscura/Darke, and I know someone is researching Wraiths.
>>
Question about spirit posession:

Is the strength of the vessel determined by the vessel itself, or by the spirit possessing it? If I'm a voodoo mage, for example, can I make voodoo dolls, have them possessed by force 6 spirits, and then unleash them on my enemies?
>>
>>51623398

iirc Possession is just another form of summoning, so you can still only have one at a time.
>>
>>51623418
Ok, fair, but it doesn't answer my question.
>>
File: 1463453531408.gif (993KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1463453531408.gif
993KB, 500x341px
>>51620697
I kinda want to see God-Like AIs throw down with the Horrors. They're the biggest difference between this world and the fourth, and they have resonance shit not mana. So would the horrors even see them?
>>
>>51623398
Where applicable, spirits add their Force to the vessel, so yeah. A spirit CAN infest a voodoo doll, but chances are they're going to be drop kicked away. You're better off making a wickerman or investing in the mass animate spell.
>>
Is Eiger's head crest thing a normal variation for troll horns or it's it just something made for the game? After seeing it I kind of like the idea of trolls having different horn patterns depending on region/heritage and was wondering if that was a thing.
>>
File: Warlands_Box_cover_by_Dmitrys.jpg (254KB, 933x700px) Image search: [Google]
Warlands_Box_cover_by_Dmitrys.jpg
254KB, 933x700px
>>51622681
>>51622702
Not gonna lie, I'd totally be fragging fools for guzzoline.
>>
>>51623581
Troll horns come in all sorts of variations. Everything from curling ram horns to spiky bull horns to random bone fragments jutting from the scalp in no particular pattern.
>>
>>51623644
Are there trolls with sick ass racks of antlers?
>>
>>51623753
I've never seen it, but I also don't recall reading anything that said that couldn't be possible.
>>
>>51623753
Probably, why not? Might count as goring horns if they're big enough. Do it so you can say "my character attacks with their great rack!"
>>
File: 1486487090583.png (275KB, 700x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486487090583.png
275KB, 700x1024px
I was supposed to be an aquatic infiltrator, but I ended up with an effective 13 dice in grappling/kicking people in the face, but only 10 in Infiltration.

Freaking cyberlimb adjustment rules.

I already have muscle toner, are there any good cheap ways to boost those rolls? 4e. I'm looking at Reflex Recorder and Catlike quality right now, but I wanna know if I missed any.
>>
>>51623753
>Are there trolls with sick ass racks
Yes.
>of antlers?
nah I think they're pretty much always more like rhino/ram horns, BUT you could probably make an argument for some trolls engaging in body modification to replace their horns with more antler-like stuff, or manipulating the growth of their horns in adolescence, kinda like how ancient civilizations would bind parts of their bodies to make then grow weird.
>>
>>51623436
OF course that leads to the terrifying possibility of Resonance Horrors as the world is devoured by cat gifs and blue waffles.
>>
>>51623857
Are you wearing a stealth suit? Also if you have cyberlimbs, why do you have muscle toners? (or more accurately the other way round). Do you think you could get a level of restricted gear and get a superthyroid gland for an additional point of agility which should stack with your toners regardless of what chummer says.
>>
File: Sombra.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Sombra.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51620361
To the sombra anon
Here is a sombra build I found, it's a regular AR decker, but it's fitting enough.
>>
>>51623444
There's a ritual for creating homonculi in the SR5 core book which is the closest thing to what anon describes, and there's a variant in Hard Targets for creating zombies.
>>
>>51623869
>cat gifs

Lord have mercy.
>>
>>51623436

THE SOURCE OF THE HORRORS IS THE ORGANICS

THE SOLUTION IS OBVIOUS_
>>
>>51623436
>AI
>Resonance
Nope.
Not even Deus could access the Resonance, only fool people into thinking he could. AI are simply too mundane to handle it for some unexplainable reason.

>>51623869
>Big D's sacrifice meant horrors couldn't breach the physical world
>So they cross over via the resonance world instead
Could work as a plotline.
>>
>>51624073
These are god like beings we're dealing with. Do you really think they'd stop at just one layer of deception? They just want you to think they can't use the resonance.
>>
>>51623920
Yes, I have R-Poly. It seemed like I good Idea? I didn't go Full Jensen, just the legs because I wanted 12 strength for kicking and the jumping jacks for more acrobatics.

I've already entered play, so availability shouldn't be an issue. Good idea on the Superthyroid gland.
>>
>>51624118
No, that was literally Deus' big weakness, that he couldn't actually touch the Resonance.
>>
>>51624073
>So they cross over via the resonance world instead

You know I can't find a way to easily link it, but I think this was actually kind of a thing that happened in Guilty Gear:

Technology started to manifest horrors and go crazy/murderous, so they moved over to using magic fulltime as a solution to all their problems. (It was only recently discovered before shit started going wrong)
>>
>>51624160
I was actually thinking of the plot to another game where everybody tried to use the internet to summon the yellow king.
>>
>>51623857
>>51623920
>>51624124

There's Ninjitsu and also the Street Ninja quality, if you qualify for it.
>>
File: 1305776594967.gif (259KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1305776594967.gif
259KB, 480x480px
Is it possible for physical objects to be put into the astral?
>>
>>51623585
That's quite a bit of the SR setting inbetween cities. Go, run it and don't get drunk on water.

>>51624073
It's more that D's [strikeout] diner [/strikeout] sacrifice put them more or less back on schedule.

So there might be a really minor one or two around right now. Just next to nobody that know them from some kinda strange-ass toxic or otherwise less than sane animal experiment.

But I'd bet some of them'd try.
>>
>>51624243
Dual natured objects kind of are both physical AND astral? But if you're asking if you can banish Joe from Accounting from this mortal plane for scratching up your Eurocar Westwind, then no.
>>
>>51624243
Only if the object is dual-natured like Foci or Oricalcum.
>>
>>51624274
>>51624243
Technically, they can. There's a spirit power called Astral Gateway. It makes everything around dual natured and even lets mundanes astrally project.

It can also open to metaplanes and thus get people stuck there.

The downside is that pretty much nothing that has that power is a spirit you'd ever want to be in two days of.

Also, captcha seems to want me to make an off-brand inkling runner with all the Calle I'm seeing.
>>
>>51624321
That doesn't sound like it'd be hard to do if you're willing to fudge the concept a little bit.

Capsule rounds loaded with colored paint as combat-viable paintballs, use squid iconography for your matrix stuff (And be good at matrix stuff), possibly load up on that AR-Paint from Attitude that you can program video or images into, be a jet-set-radio inkling graffiti artist vandal. Maybe even buy some lighter-than-air drones with the gas bags themed like cartoon squids?

Decker/Rigger with some combat skill, sounds workable.
>>
>>51624384
Many threads ago, I'm fairly sure somebody did some kind of inkling using SURGE III.

I forget if they were an infiltrator or just a straight up sammy that used chemicals to down people.
>>
>>51623285
It's mentioned in Lockdown that a corp scientist calling himself "Dr. Fantastic" or some similar stupid fake name says he figured it and supposedly gave a demonstration, then everything went to shit. What really happened? I'm hoping for The Prestige - no magic shenanigans or clever switcharoos with drone doppelgangers, just two guys.
>>
File: -5.jpg (791KB, 1920x1406px) Image search: [Google]
-5.jpg
791KB, 1920x1406px
>>51624522

I can dig it.
>>
File: 1425248851152.jpg (268KB, 1028x772px) Image search: [Google]
1425248851152.jpg
268KB, 1028x772px
Fluff goes out of its way to say that life is so dangerous that the average civ wears armored clothing to get their mail and kids keep hold-outs in their lunchboxes. I know runners' lives are chaotic and perilous enough to warrant that behavior but what does the average person fear? Despite the usual violent politics happening around the world and in designated shitholes like barrens, the usual person doesn't really expect that much action in their day to day life do they?

Also, I see a lot of characters who rely on drugs to enhance their combat potential. Wouldn't most other runners in the community shun these types of people? Working with a coked up street samurai who consumes more ketamine than food and water seems like a liability.
>>
>>51624673
>Fluff goes out of its way to say that life is so dangerous that the average civ wears armored clothing to get their mail and kids keep hold-outs in their lunchboxes.

Fucking what. Maybe in the fucking BARRENS. The biggest thing for civvie clothes is proof against acid rain.
>Also, I see a lot of characters who rely on drugs to enhance their combat potential. Wouldn't most other runners in the community shun these types of people? Working with a coked up street samurai who consumes more ketamine than food and water seems like a liability.

That would be the drug concoctions that are done in one book. Designer drugs as a stop gap for magic or augmentations.
>>
>>51624673
Actual addicts tend to have a slightly worse rep. But not everyone can afford the good stuff for keeping up with chrome.

It's when that addiction becomes a liability to the job that people tend to not work with you.
>>
>>51624673
Depends on the drug, and how deep in the hole you are.
Popping some cram in a pinch is nothing, Jazz is tougher but still manageable if you only do it occasionally, speedballing the serious combat drugs is a great way to wake up in a pool of someone elses blood with a bounty on your head.
>>
File: angry_koharu_by_sarinth-da6qg0a.png (369KB, 1024x766px) Image search: [Google]
angry_koharu_by_sarinth-da6qg0a.png
369KB, 1024x766px
>>51624673

There's a pretty thick line between huffing Jazz the few times when shit goes south and being a crazed Kamikaze addict.

Most runners can tell which side someone falls on.
>>
How infuriating would it be if one of your team members say they improved your gun, and when you look at the gun, it now has about 100 useless tacticool add ons?

The team member leaps out the window if you try to confront them about it.
>>
>>51625027
does any of it get in the way of firing it? IF not, just roll with it if it makes them happy.
>>
>>51625182
yes.
It is far, far too much tacticool shit to use properly.
>>
Is it really worth it to go full 8 Edge+Revels in Murder?
>>
>>51625750
7 edge is easier to hit, almost as effective, and much less costly.
>>
>>51625750
....So basically a serial killer...?

That sounds like a psychopath.
>>
>>51625858
Learn the qualities, anon.
>>
>>51625873
I'm aware of what it does, you get an Edge refund for landing a killing blow. Using it judiciously you can add 7 or eight to every attack roll, which makes it more likely you land the kill, which means you get the refund and can do it again.

Edge is a nebulous concept, though, so having a guy who's just... not magically, but preternaturally good at murder is disconcerting. Maybe less 'serial killer' and more 'movie slasher' is the phrasing I should have used.
>>
>>51625915
>Movie slashers
>Good at murder
Nah, that'd be more like the Great Dragon ability to force people to do rerolls/negate THEIR edge.
>>
>>51625915
More like John Wick, Leon, or Agent 47, etc, but with no requirement for professionalism.
>>
>>51625858
Well, he is a shadowrunner. They're not usually people with a strong sense of morals.
>>
>>51626017
OTOH, Street Samurai frequently do hold to a code of honour to maintain their sense of self, and there are more runners who avoid strictly wetwork jobs than not.

If someone wants to kill people, they're much better of getting into law enforcement or corpsec high threat response - jobs where you'll be retained after each job, rather than possibly seen as a liability for run with no handover to make for payment.
>>
So, I want to go full "has science gone too far" with my chrome. Like, not even human anymore, full on tachikoma with it. I know there are liminal bodies, but is there any way of giving me a less humanoid figure using ware?
>>
>>51626044
You're still taking jobs from corporate assholes that are so distasteful, illegal and/or dangerous they can't send corporate forces to do it. At that point, trying to cling to some code of conduct is more or less deluding yourself that you're not the scum of the earth.
>>
>>51626075
Limnal body, cyberlimbs with extra bulk or case modding.
>>
>>51622627
It's kind of like America. Yeah, they are self interested assholes, but they ARE doing stuff that benefits you in the long run.

Shadowrun is big on grey mortality. At least people think it is. But there are some straight Black things out there, and the Horrors are fucking ebony abyss.
>>
>>51626092
Blanket titles like "scum of the earth" and uniform assumption of crapsack jobs with no redeeming features are the delusion, but feel free to tell me about your fictional ghandi-esque group of runners who never took a run and starved to death in smug moral superiority.
>>
>>51626092
Alternatively, jobs that they want plausible deniability on.

It's hard to feel bad breaking into a building so you can steal the designs for EVO's latest, hottest swimwear line so that Horizon can get them to market first and steal all the sales. Certainly not 'Oh god, I'm scum for doing this'
>>
File: skadi.png (771KB, 1176x2224px) Image search: [Google]
skadi.png
771KB, 1176x2224px
>>51625993
Hey, I made this exact character recently. Except she also has a splash of the major from GitS.

Actually, all of you, describe your most recent or favorite character by combining different characters from media.
>>
Why can I no longer take the Nosferatu quality as a human?
>>
File: 1328031401983.jpg (193KB, 656x927px) Image search: [Google]
1328031401983.jpg
193KB, 656x927px
Hey /tg/, I used to have a number of cheat sheets (various magical tradition spirit references sheets, NPC minion squads for Corp-sec, gangers, basic ranged combat and melee combat cheat sheets, etc.) for 4E/4A, but I've since lost both the files and my old GMing binder that was full of all my old campaign notes. I did a quick google search, and luckily all the related ones I needed were all in one convenient place.

Does anyone have anything like that saved? If not, check out Pavao .org's SR cheatsheets saved. Probably more helpful for IRL games, but Spirit References and a few other specifics are pretty useful for online too.
>>
>>51626308
The scum part probably comes when you trip an alarm and gun down an innocent security guard so Aztechnology could get a slight edge in the summer beachwear market.
>>
>>51626520
>using lethal ammo on random corpsec
If you wanna be dumb about it, that's on you.
>>
File: 1343122816660.jpg (19KB, 283x348px) Image search: [Google]
1343122816660.jpg
19KB, 283x348px
>>51626547
>not using APDS or Ex-Ex on any and all Azzies
see where i'm from omae the only good azzie is a dead azzie
>>
>>51626547
>Using non-lethal ammo
>Ever
I mean, yeah, sure. If you want to risk not taking the guy out and eating a bullet to the face for your troubles.
>>
>>51626475
Have you checked the OP pastebin?
>>
>>51626592
You should step off the reservation some time.

>>51626981
Either way, you're probably going to take more than one shot. SnS will slow them down and throw off their aim.
>>
Character Challenge guy here.

Is the guy building Badger around?
>>
>>51624073
Wasn't Deus capable of creating Otaku? I thought that required some amount of Resonance acess.
>>
>>51626547
Sorry guys, I've never really bought the idea that any corp see's it's security assets as anything other than disposable. They aren't gonna up their response to you just because you are killing off corporate lackies. Instead they are gonna be grateful they didn't have to cough up any combat pay, or give that guy his annual raise. And the mythical insurance payout for dying on the job? Pocketed by the company itself because those goons work 16 hour shifts and don't have the time or money to create a family of dependents, and still owe the corp money for their body armor and personal car they still haven't finished paying off.

Just shoot these people, they stopped living a long time ago anyway.
>>
is there a reason to go cyber eyes over glasses+contacts?
>>
>>51627454

I'm with this guy, to a point.

People dying means losing resources because nobody's doing their job.

Sure, losing a few goons here and there is probably factored into their 'expected profit and loss' by their accountants, and as long as there is a reasonable number of workplace fatalities, then they aren't going to do anything.

But if you are actively murdering a shitload of wageslaves in every run, and actively targeting the same corp, then they're going to up their game.

Plus, it's bad PR for them to basically say "I know that we were recently attacked and some loyal employees were shot down by horrible criminals, but we are going to do literally nothing to increase security."

Johnny Corpsec gets shot? Well, shit. Sucks, but no big deal.

Literally every employee in the entire building dies? Fuck, we gotta do SOMETHING.
>>
>>51627479

Cybereyes aren't as obvious, and you can stick a LOT more in high quality cybereyes than you can in glasses/contacts. Plus, Smartlink gives you +2 dice instead of +1 if you spend essence.

If you're ONLY looking for access to AR and maybe low-light vision or something like that, then just get the contacts/glasses, but if you're wanting eyes that can see in every range, increased vision capabilities, smartlink, and more, then go cybereyes.
>>
File: 1.jpg (57KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
57KB, 445x459px
>>51625027
>other team members
>touching my guns
THEY DIE
>>
>>51627481
Guy advocating killing here.

I admit that everything works best in moderation. You don't kill people needlessly, in fact I feel that if you have to draw your gun at all you have already fucked up. But don't go easy on anyone that resists you, these corpsec guys need to learn they simply don't get payed enough for that shit.
>>
>>51627507
I improve their gun with a security measure to explode if someone besides the owner tries to use it.

And then register me as the owner
>>
>>51626044
>OTOH, Street Samurai frequently do hold to a code of honour
>frequently
Run Faster makes it explicit that such streetsams are the minority.
>>
>>51627534

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, if you are on the floor and security is shooting at you, then feel free to shoot them.

But, don't start kicking doors down to find cowering wage slaves to shoot.

If some brave dumbass tries to jump on you and be a hero, then... yeah, he put himself out there. He don't get a free pass because he's unarmed, since he put himself in the line of fire. But beyond that: Yeah, feel free to kill. Just don't feel free to holocaust a building.
>>
>>51627495
How important is vision enchantment and thermal? Cybereyes Vision Enhancement is quite expensive compared to glasses.
Was thinking of having flare, smartlink, low light and vision magnification in my eyes, and thermal and vision enhancement 3 on some glasses
>>
>>51627554
>Run Faster makes it explicit that such streetsams are the minority.
No, Run Faster says that most follow some part of the path of the samurai, but don't follow it in full. Hardly surprising when most can't consider themselves samurai, but ronin.

Regardless of the details regarding the path of the samurai, fuck that, it's not what I was talking about.

>The street samurai is an artist of pain. [...] While he is ferocious and deadly, he tends to have a code—it may be a code comprehensible only to him, but it’s something.
>>
>>51627454
Guards cost money and time to train and equip, and a bullet in the back of the pan means the monetary investment put into them is wasted. Hiring, training and equipping replacement guards is a further expense, not helped by people being reluctant to take a job in the building where a group of corporate-hired terrorists just killed their predecessors. And even if they get away with not paying out widow's pension, it's still gonna cost a little extra to have the bloodstains cleaned out of the carpet.

You're right in that it's not enough of a monetary loss that Lofwyr himself will be spitting out his coffee at the news of a corpsec getting killed, but the manager of that particular building is going to be more ticked about one of his guards getting killed than if they just got sick-'n-shocked into a drooling heap on the floor, because that's an expenditure he's personally responsible for. You might be able to get away with giving one or two guards the pink-slip on life, and when HTR comes about then everything's fair-game, but going into a run with APDS as your plan-A means whoever's in charge of that building will be willing to dump a lot more NuYen into investigation and retaliation.

Besides, while Shadowrunners are by nature deniable assets, groups that go about their business with minimum carnage are more likely to be rehired for their professionalism.
>>
>>51627580

Depending on who you ask: Critical to just 'nice to have'.

Vision enhancements are straight buffs to your visual perception test, and if you already have low perception, it can be the difference between seeing a tripwire and losing a leg (again).

Thermal vision is a bit more on the 'meh' side, but when it's useful, its useful. If you're a part of a tacticool team, and they throw a smoke bomb, or cut the lights, you can use thermal vision to see in the blackness and know exactly where your enemies are. Thermal also has some other neat tricks, but that's the biggest one.
>>
>>51627655

You're not wrong, but you're not entirely right. a couple murders isn't going to get a dedicated team of detectives trying to find you. They'll probably put up wanted posters and a desire for these 'criminals' to be brought to justice, but if you're wearing masks (like you should) then they'll just have vague descriptions that won't amount to anything.

That building, however, probably will up security and do what they can to make any future runs for the next few months/years to be pains in the ass, but that's not going to cause EVERY building in the city to go to defcon 5. They just can't afford it.

Maybe they'll hire some extra guards for a few weeks, sure, but I feel like you're seriously overvaluing the life of a wageslave.
>>
>>51626981
It's funny because mechanically it's a smarter play to always use non-lethal and fill everyone's stun track, rather than lethal and risk the corpsec's armour splitting your damage between two tracks
>>
>>51627641
>No, Run Faster says that most follow some part of the path of the samurai, but don't follow it in full.
The exact words they use are that most streetsams "pay lip service to parts of the code". That's not even following the code incompletely, that's just pretending to follow the code.

Let's face it, the title of streetsam has nothing to do with honor and everything to do with how dangerous you are. The term "razorboy" is a bit like "cat"; every housecat, puma, ocelot and so on and so forth is a cat. Tigers are cats too, but you know what? Only a tiger is a tiger, and by the same logic only a streetsam is a streetsam.
>>
>>51627411
Yes. Badger is done, just looking for some way to upload him without having to use up tons of phone data. I'll probably get it done tonight when I can bring my laptop to the library.
>>
>>51627732

Sweet.

What did you decide to do for burrowing?
>>
>>51627724
The exact words I used were, "fuck that", and the exact quote that I used was;

>The street samurai is an artist of pain. [...] While he is ferocious and deadly, he tends to have a code—it may be a code comprehensible only to him, but it’s something.

I don't care what they're following. They're following something.
>>
>>51627748
Yeah, things like their drug addictions and their own desire to get paid.
>>
>>51627754
A coooooooooode, mother fucker.
>>
>>51627721

>Not using the rule where goons have only 1 track, and when it fills up, with a combination of Stun and Lethal, they either fall unconcious, or die, depending on which is higher/whichever was used last.

Omae, are you just ASKING for your games to take forever?
>>
File: rimmerWHAT.gif (2MB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
rimmerWHAT.gif
2MB, 250x200px
>>51627714
That's about the corporate response I was going for, actually. A couple of murders is gonna mean wanted posters, aye, but blitzing half their night-shift security is going to get a more fierce and inconvenient response.
>>
>>51627746
Running, with a speciality in Digging. It's a movement skill, it's strength based, it's good enough for me.

Oh, and I meant last threat that he has 6 dice in the perception skill, and a high INT besides. Nobody's sneaking up on One-Eye
>>
>>51627655
If your jobs are so small that the loss of a security guard is even notable compared to the primary objective you just nicked then you need some new contacts mate.

Corps don't give a shit about life, they give a shit about their profits, and their profits are stupendously massive in comparison to the costs of maintaining their security forces.

Regardless of what you do to the guards, or if they ever even realize you were there, the take home message for corpsec is going to be that security wasn't tight enough and it needs to be improved because the runners got what they wanted.
>>
>>51627762
"I get paid" is a code too, you know.
>>
>>51627771

Ehhh, even then, as long as they don't just start shooting up innocent wageslaves, I don't think there's going to be much to follow up, unless EVERY run is murdering half the nightshift.
>>
>>51627790
"I get paid" is a statement.

"I get paid when the job is done" is a code.
>>
>>51627782

Ohhh, I misread that as "He has a 6 dice pool in perception".

That's pretty sweet, man. I really can't wait to see how he turns out.
>>
File: 1479284818139.jpg (111KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1479284818139.jpg
111KB, 497x750px
Reminder that Howling Shadows has a nice section on why corps choose static defenses, drones, critters, and/or metahuman guards. It talks about the canon attitudes for the destruction of each, so you don't have to talk out your ass.
>>
>>51627790

Sorry, but >>51627802 is right.

A 'code' is a set of personal rules. "No women, no children' is a code. it's a very loose code and it probably won't come up very often, but it's a code.
>>
>>51627802
Poh-tay-toh poh-tah-toh, it's just standard runner professionalism anyways.
>>
>>51627833
Nah bro. You're talking shit.
>>
>>51627784
>>51627795
Yeah, those are fair enough points. I guess I'm used to playing on the Black Trenchcoat end of things where the GM gives me a smug look any time I consider using physical damage instead of stun.
>>
>>51627534
Honestly, gel rounds are pretty close to normal ammo results (-1/3 damage on average), and being knocked down (for which they're up 1 and 2/3 damage on average) can be just about as good as taken out.

Especially if you have a flash-bang or the like to follow it up. Great argument for something like the Ares Alpha if you want to do it all on your own, or just something with a big damage code and you can probably take anyone that's not packing a pain editor out in a shot.

Being able to burst fire is optional, but fun. Especially if you can get the drop on 'em. They can't drop prone in that case.
>>
>>51627832
>"No women, no children' is a code. it's a very loose code and it probably won't come up very often, but it's a code.
Quite the contrary actually, it'll come up every time the corpsec or police happens to have a vagina among them.

>>51627847
Look, I'm really sorry that you bought into this code of honor thing so deeply, but this is a dystopia we're talking about here. All the nice things are just there to keep the wageslaves blind to how shitty everything around them is, so why should people with actual codes be the rule and not the exception?
>>
>>51627945
Street Samurai are the exception. In a land of razorboys, thugs, palookas, cheap muscle and go-gangers for hire, a guy who actually has a code and earns the title Samurai is rare as hen's teeth.
>>
>>51627854

Hey man, don't think I'm trying to shit on you here. There's nothing wrong with trying to be cautious to make sure you don't wake up with a black bag over your head because you didn't cover your tracks.

But, I've always played in game where there was more emphasis on the Distopia. Human lives aren't really that big of a deal, but they still have to pretend like they are.

Someone gets shot? Up security to make sure that everyone else feels like their best interest is in mind (When in reality, that upped security was payed for by the 401K of the dead employee).

If a bunch of people get shot, then the media (owned by that corp) starts making a big deal about making people think large efforts are being taken to capture these criminals, when in reality, they probably have no evidence to follow because your team isn't a bunch of fucking idiots.

if a whole lot of people get shot, and keep getting shot on a regular basis, THEN extreme measures will start being taken, where HTR teams are being stationed in the area, new security procedures that will contact these HTR teams, maybe even the corps issuing RFID bullets that will implant trackers into whoever they shoot, so you can be tracked down.

That's just how my games go, your GM might be playing where even the slightest error in SOP for the business sends the manager off the deep end, and scrounges for even the smallest piece of DNA evidence, and tracks you down with personally hired mages, and uses the corp spider to hack the street cameras to follow your car all across town, and see exactly where you end up parking and where you live and personally hiring his own runner team to gun you down, because you cost his company a 3% loss for that day.

and if that's the case... Honestly, I could have fun with that kind of a black trenchcoat/mirror shade game. Mine just tend to lean more towards pink trenchcoat, or black mohawk.
>>
>>51627975
Except as I said earlier, streetsam isn't a title awarded on the basis of honor, it's awarded on the basis of how deadly you are.
>>
>>51628002

I think that's what the other anon is disagreeing with you about. "Being a blender on legs" isn't enough to be called a Street Sam, just a Razor boy. Being a razor boy with a code of honor is the distinction between being another member of the masses of blenders, and a 'street sam'.
>>
>>51628021
>"Being a blender on legs" isn't enough to be called a Street Sam, just a Razor boy.
But it is enough. Just look at the 4e definition of a street sam:
>Street samurai are physically enhanced combat monsters. With implanted cyberware, bioware, and combat skills, they strive to be the quickest, meanest, and strongest killing machines on the streets. Many of them cybernetically boost their reflexes to increase their action and reaction speeds, or boost their strength so that they can inflict more damage. Many are also lethal with firearms, and almost all have a smartlink system installed for increased precision in shooting. Some fight for honor, some because they get paid for it, and others because they are insane enough to go up against anything. Street samurai is a catch-all term—some characters may identify themselves as bodyguards, mercenaries, assassins, or some similar label, but in general a character based around physical skills and non-magical augmentation can be called a street samurai—even if some of them don’t like the implication.
>>
>>51628041
>4e definition of a street sam
Here's the 5e definition.

>Street Samurai: Some artists work in watercolors, some in oils. The street samurai is an artist of pain. In any given situation, he knows ffteen ways to hurt an opponent, and an additional eight ways to hurt an opponent real bad. He can take signifcant amounts of damage and stay standing, leveling devastating damage on her opponents. He typically is augmented with signifcant amounts of cyberware and bioware to make him exceptionally tough and dangerous in physical and armed combat. While he is ferocious and deadly, he tends to have a code—it may be a code comprehensible only to him, but it’s something.
>>
>>51628060
>he tends to have a code—it may be a code comprehensible only to him, but it’s something.
Just saying, but this could mean something like "I'll only kill on the fourth attack because 4 is the number of death"

That's a code. There's a reason they're not saying you have to take Code of Honor to be a street sam
>>
>>51628060
And if you look at the backstory of the sample streetsam, you'll see that it was his augments that made him a streetsam, not his devotion to bushido:
>He’s where he began: out on the streets and alleys. Growing up looking for an edge, he found a job, and then he found another. And he made every nuyen stretch. Then, piece by piece, he put in new implants until he reached his goal: street samurai. Not just any razor guy, but something more. Not some wise guy, or augmented thug or merc. He earned his honor by his work and learned from generations of noble warriors of old, giving him a soul, the spirit of bushido. Now he runs shadows with his team.
>>
Is there a minimum I should have on some limits? My decker is currently at 4 physical, 4 social, 9 mental. Should that be fine?
>>
>>51628105

find some way to boost your physical limit to 5, but beyond that, you should be good if you're not being asked to face.

>>51628096
>Not just any razor guy, but something more. Not some wise guy, or augmented thug or merc. He earned his honor by his work and learned from generations of noble warriors of old, giving him a soul, the spirit of bushido.

Nigger seriously read what you're posting. It was more than the augs that made him a street sam, the augs just helped him get there.
>>
>>51628143
No, how about you read it again.
>Then, piece by piece, he put in new implants until he reached his goal: street samurai. Not just any razor guy, but something more. Not some wise guy, or augmented thug or merc.
>>
People who know punch adepts; is this a solid power array?

>Astral Perception
>Elemental strike (acid) [those two are staying for fluff reasons, I know they're decent]
>Flexibility 1
>Improved Sense (Direction Sense) [like to keep those two for fluff, but if I need that .5pp for something I'll live]
>Critical Strike (Unarmed)
>Improved Ability 2 (Unarmed)
>Improved Reflexes 2
>>
>>51627874
Thats another thing I've been meaning to bring up. Having non-lethal ammunition seems to be giving runners rattle-snake syndrome. They think there is no longer consequences for the action of "going loud" so sneaking around or social engineering past a couple of guards suddenly becomes "lets get the drop on them". The truth is rattle-snakes think they are cornered in an open field, and decide they need to fight rather than just slink away. This is why even though rattle-snakes are unarguably dangerous they happen to get killed a lot by kids with sticks or adults with cowboy boots.

That's what is really ridiculous and dangerous about some peoples thinking in here. The fact that drawing your gun seems like a preferable alternative to anything else is something we need to address. Using stun ammo isn't any less "soft" than just killing someone, your objectives should not include the preservation of life for its own sake.
>>
>>51628160
You want an extra bit of reflexes and some combat sense. If you can't swing for the reflexes, go for the combat sense. And get killing hands.
>>
>>51628021
Moly Millions was the original sammy and she didn't have a code of honor.
>>
File: 1429453338903[1].jpg (125KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1429453338903[1].jpg
125KB, 600x604px
>>51628082
>>51628096
Clearly "honour" was the wrong word to place near "code" to start off with, because you took that and went full bore into, "muh street samurai is not path of samurai bushido".

I've repeatedly tried to shake you from that direction, so at this point, I'm going to try pictures and words.

Street samurai use codes to keep their morals strong and stop them from flipping their shit - because when a normal person flips their shit, you get a fight, but when street samurai flip their shit, you fill the local morgue.
>>
>>51628188
She was the original razor-girl. Jesus man.
>>
>>51628199
No, she was also described as a street samurai. Shit, it's even on her wikipedia page.
>She is referred to as a "razorgirl" or "street samurai" throughout his stories
>>
>>51628188
>>51628199
>>51628210
Molly Millions does not exist in the sixth world.
>>
>>51628143
any suggestions on what to change/buy to boost it to 5?
>>
>>51628210
I stand corrected. Regardless the "street samurai" moniker has since been meant to refer to people who follow some kind of code. Its not exactly synonymous with razorgirl. You could be both though, if you were a razored up sam.
>>
File: stats.png (8KB, 274x209px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
8KB, 274x209px
>>51628221
forgot pic
>>
>>51628216
Look, if we're going to steal from gibson, we should steal things right.
>>51628228
I always took razorgirl to mean "person with molly style knife hands" and street sammy to be "cyber chump who kills people dead."
>>
>>51628189
>Street samurai use codes to keep their morals strong and stop them from flipping their shit - because when a normal person flips their shit, you get a fight, but when street samurai flip their shit, you fill the local morgue.
It's got nothing to do with morality, actually. The reason that codes of honor are more common among streetsams than other stripes of shadowrunners because the other stripes of shadowrunners don't have to worry about cyberpsychosis. If a streetsam has a code of honor, there's a good chance it's just because he was worried about staying human despite his low Essence. Other streetsams have something else that lets them wake up every morning and say "nope, still human", or simply don't have any doubts about their humanity to begin with.
>>
>>51628283
>It's got nothing to do with morality, actually.
http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-morals.html
>>
>>51628248
I (and apparently at least one other guy) took street samurai to mean 'heavily augmented person who clings to some kind of code for moral direction, because their own humanity is in the rearview mirror', while a razorboy is 'augmented fighter, probably melee, without any code'
>>
>>51628296
Yeah, see, that's stupid. Why call someone a razorgirl if they don't have hand razors?
>>
>>51628216
Molly Millions was the first streetsam in fiction, and Shadowrun ripped off Gibson's works so heavily they're like 2 steps below Earthdawn in canonicalness.
>>
>>51628291
You're missing the point. The issue of cyberpsychosis is part of what defines the streetsam, codes of honor just happen to be one of several means of protecting oneself from cyberpsychosis.
>>
>>51628330
It's five editions removed from just ripping off Gibson and Tolkien (or whatever), and trying to adhere to Gibson in the face of later updates and revisions just dilutes what little cohesiveness CGL has drawn together, hand over fist.
>>
>>51628375
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Samurai
>They often adopt codes of honor, from simply not killing bystanders to more complex codes like bushido, as a way of holding on to the humanity that they are gradually exchanging for cyberware or bioware.

>[...] despite all the hype that “cyberpsychosis” gets in the press, the actual number of such incidents has been remarkably low. Sure, sociopathic tendencies can result from the sense of empowerment and invincibility that comes with extensive augmentations, just as heavy mods can spur an increased sense of alienation and detachment from everyday reality and metahumanity. The doctors and modshops know what to look for now, though, and mandatory counselling and drug treatments are now par for the course with certain levels of enhancement.
> Snopes
>>
>>51628189
>Clearly "honour" was the wrong word to place near "code" to start off with, because you took that and went full bore into, "muh street samurai is not path of samurai bushido".
Did you even READ what I said in >>51628082
>>
>>51628456
>There's a reason they're not saying you have to take Code of Honor to be a street sam
>Clearly "honour" was the wrong word to place near "code" to start off with
I don't know, anon, did you?
>>
>>51626312
My MysAdept went from a joke (urban ninja concept) to some sort of unholy cross between Leon S Kennedy and Harry Dresden, more or less.

Also, would like to see the character you're talking about. 8 edge sounds fun.
>>
Cutting Aces gave info on Turkey and Constantinople/Istanbul which started me wondering. How are the Balkan states doing? Still wild lands and mercenary heaven with only one or two city states left?
>>
>>51628428
>They often adopt codes of honor, from simply not killing bystanders to more complex codes like bushido, as a way of holding on to the humanity that they are gradually exchanging for cyberware or bioware.
>trusting the wiki
Besides, all that proves is that codes of honor is one of the defense mechanisms against cyberpsychosis, there are still others.

>[...] despite all the hype that “cyberpsychosis” gets in the press, the actual number of such incidents has been remarkably low. Sure, sociopathic tendencies can result from the sense of empowerment and invincibility that comes with extensive augmentations, just as heavy mods can spur an increased sense of alienation and detachment from everyday reality and metahumanity. The doctors and modshops know what to look for now, though, and mandatory counselling and drug treatments are now par for the course with certain levels of enhancement.
> Snopes
That doesn't mean that the average streetsam never worries about whether or not he's going cyberpsychotic. In fact, it may be the case that such incidents are rare because the average streetsam does worry and does something to prevent it before it ever becomes a problem.

Again, I must emphasize that there are many ways to protect against cyberpsychosis; in that way it's no different than any other mental illness. Some guys deal with it by working on their cars or their gardens, some guys deal with it by being religious, some guys deal with it by getting involved with the community and some guys deal with it by getting high.
>>
>>51623869
>Resonance Horrors
That could be a good explanation on what the Dissonance is.
>>
How many Initiative Dice should your average Street Sam or Adept have?
>>
>>51628766
How many can you get and still have everything else you want? I've managed to get by with only 2, but oh man, am I still hungry for more.
>>
>>51628766
Average would be 2d6 with an option for more.

A PC street sam or adept could have 3d6 or more depending on how they're going to want to thwap people.
>>
>>51628782
>>51628787
Followup question: is 7 edge enough that I can always spend 1 edge to get 5d6 per initiative pass, or do you think that won't be enough per run?
>>
>>51628824
I'd say that you should generally have better things to do with 7 Edge than jump up your initiative dice.
>>
>>51628824
Combat typically lasts only 1 or 2 initiative passes, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>51628841
I wanna try making a character without magic or a heavy focus on 'ware. Just talent, skill, and a lot of luck.
>>
>>51628861
Just be sure to have Revels In Murder or something else that gets you your edge back in combat.
>>
>>51628914
There are other ways, besides revels in murder to restore edge in combat?
>>
>>51628938
Well, you can already get a point of edge back at the GM's discretion by doing really cool/selfless things, and there's a quality that lets you get 2 points back when this happens. However, that's at your GM's discretion, so Revels In Murder is the only surefire way to get edge back.
>>
>>51628938
Unless a recent book added in one, no. Closest is Daredevil or something like that, that increases the edge regenerated for doing daredevil acts, so you could potentially get some back in combat that way.
>>
>>51628914
What book is Revels in Murder in again?
>>
>>51628986
Run Faster I think. Pretty much every trait that isn't geared toward a specific is going to be from either the core rulebook or Run Faster.
>>
>>51628986
Chrome Flesh, page 56.
>>
Can the Sinner negative quality be taken for nations such as The Knights of Malta where it's highly unlikely that you will ever visit them?
>>
>>51629051
I think the point of the quality is that if you piss someone off enough that they actually bothered to try hunting you down, there's a database out there somewhere with all your biometrics on it.
>>
>>51628314
Why call them a street samurai if they aren't samurai? Why call everything clips? Naming conventions, especially ones thst have been around a generation, make little sense.
>>
>>51628552
The Awakening failed to SURGE the Slavs into humans, so they will kill each other until the sun burns out.
>>
>>51629159
>implying anything would ever stop the Slavs from killing each other until the sun burns out except for the threat of the kebab
>>
>>51629185
>implying that would stop them either
Half the reason the Ottoman Empire took so much of europe is because it took forever for people to realize they'd have to team up to fight them. Had everyone gone all in on the minor crusades called back when the ottoman empire hadn't even taken over the Byzantines yet, they would have been smeared into a paste.
>>
>>51629051
I hope your GM punches you out and steals your loaded dice.
>>
>>51629051
It can be, but unless there is a meaningful chance of it actually being negative, you shouldn't get the Karma.
>>
>>51629051
>Knights Hospitaller
I feel like that'd make for a good plot hook. Given they've probably expanded into a magical brotherhood and humanitarian society that could cause all kinds of issues since the return of magic.
>>
Has anyone ever read The Golden Bough by James George Frazer? It covers a ton of philosophy of magic and religion, and it's helped me interpret the magic fluff a lot better. For instance, astral projection can be seen as dreaming. as Frazer describes it, "the animal inside the animal, the man inside the man, is the soul", and in addition "the soul of a sleeper is supposed to wander away from his body and actually visit the places, to see the persons, and to perform the acts of which he dreams."

Suppose this is true. This makes me think of two things: 1) a character who "never dreams" is either really forgetful or astrally blind, and thus cannot see in his dreams. 2) a narcoleptic mage who often astrally projects at bad times because he keeps falling asleep, and thus dreaming.

Thoughts?
>>
File: skynet-thumb.jpg (601KB, 1229x1002px) Image search: [Google]
skynet-thumb.jpg
601KB, 1229x1002px
>>51624044

Heh, yeah, I suppose you could go full Skynet
>>
>>51626547
>>51627454

I disagree, man. I come from the school of thought where you leave as few bodies behind as possible. Why raise your profile like that? You start killing people you don't have to, it becomes a matter of face for the corp or syndicate or whatever to put your head on a stake.
>>
>>51629255
Best thing was the two Bulgarian kings fighting each other while paying the ottomans to not conquer them.
At least the western part of europe got its shit together and stopped them at Vienna.
Man wonder what slav shadowruner would look like
>>
>>51629908
>At least the western part of europe got its shit together and stopped them at Vienna.
Western europe is included under the "spent too much time fighting themselves" category desu. Some asshole nails a bit of paper to a door and then next thing you know all the european states are having civil wars.
>>
>>51630008
Hahahha
Totaly forgot about the 95 theses
Europe have the best history ever
>>
>>51627431
No, he wasn't able to do that at all.
>>
>>51627454
The corp itself might not care, but who said anything about individuals in the corp doing some "overtime" to finish you off? Omega Dawn says hi, omae.
>>
>>51628231
Late response, but I'd swap willpower down by 1. you don't lose any to your stun track, but hopefully that +1 to body would give you 5 in physical limit
>>
>>51630320
Omega Dawn are scrubs. Scrubs, I tell you. If they had any idea what they were getting into, they'd know that all they do is attack the symptoms and not the disease.
>>
>>51630371
The disease is Shadowrunners.
Every last one must die.
>>
File: a4129507298_10.jpg (307KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a4129507298_10.jpg
307KB, 1200x1200px
What's the best way to nail the neonwave feel to a campaign?
>>
>>51630385
Shadowrunners are the symptoms. The disease is the necessity and willingness of the corps to hire deniable assets for their secret wars of sabotage against each other. You could kill all 60 Jackpoint posters, smash their commlinks and you'd have done nothing to stop the shadowrunning community from carrying on with business as usual. The Omega Dawn doesn't realize this, and never will because they are incapable of being anything other than emotional and reactionary. That's why they're scrubs.
>>
>>51630462
Nope. The shadows can and will be purged.
>>
>>51630475
Anon please, you're being stupid. Every corporation, criminal syndicate and government has a vested interest in keeping the shadows going. If Omega Dawn somehow had a serious shot at killing every single runner and fixer, they'd find that heaven and earth would move to cockblock them.
>>
While I'm waiting for the other Anon to post badger (take your time dude, no rush), I wanna do something/someone else.

So, I'll say the rules again: Give me a challenge to create a character, preferrably a character concept that you wouldn't normally allow into your game, and give me a reason why.

Don't be a douche and be painfully specific. Burnout aspected alchemist shapeshifter with a tragic backstory isn't a challenge, it's just obnoxious.

I'll try to write up a character concept in response, and hopefully it will be interesting enough for you to be willing to let that character concept into your game.
>>
>>51630562
The only stupid person I see here is shadowrunner scum.
>>
What's a average number of sneaking dice for an infiltrator?

Similarly, how many do I need to have in shooting to not get geeked the second the shit hits the fan.
>>
>>51630574

What about Retard Fred, the corpsec's son who runs the mail room, but can't say 3 words in a row coherantly.
>>
>>51630574
Drop the roleplay faggotry, dumbass.
>>
>>51630613
He was a good man.

>>51630616
The other guy started it by whining about Omega Dawn rightfully smiting murderhobos.
>>
>>51630628
I am the other guy, you fucking faggot. I've been speaking about the setting objectively the whole time, sorry if you were too retarded to see it.
>>
How useful is wired reflexes as a decker? Is there anything else the cash would be better spent on? Already have Cybereyes and a cerebral booster 2
>>
>>51630604

>Dice for an infiltrator

The rule of thumb on this board is 12/10/8. 12 dice for your primary skill, 10 for your secondary, 8 for your tertiary, and anything beyond that is just 'meh'.

>Dice in shooting

Strictly speaking, it doesn't matter how many dice you have in shooting. If the other guy has more initiative than you, and you have shitty dodge dice and even worse armor, you'll get geeked the second shit hits the fan.

If you want to contribute to combat and feel like you're actually doing something, Shoot for 10-12 dice, as I said above in the rules of thumb. Depending on what your agility is (Since sneaking uses agi too) you could easily have more than 12, further still if you're going cyber and have smartlink and things like that. When it really comes to brass tacks, stick to 12+/10/8-
>>
>>51627454
Your average corpsec guard is a nine-to-five jobber who just wants to bank a paycheck and go home to his family at the end of the day. They are wholly unprepared to deal with a competent shadowrunning team who are on the ball, using lethal force on them or some wannabe hero wageslave is just cruel.

Sure, if your going against HTR teams, mercenaries, gangers, or even shit like hitmen. Don't pull any punches because its life or death at that point, but otherwise it's just unprofessional to leave a body count where somebody might care.
>>
>>51630763
Somebody is always going to care unless it's a friendless, SINless fuck with no family, and how often to get to shoot those blokes as part of a run? What you should really concern yourself with is whether or not there's going to be any consequences.
>>
>>51630800
That's what I meant chummer. Don't go racking up a serious body count in situations where it can be avoided and make to sure cover your tracks if you have to.
>>
>>51630943
Here's the thing: the chances of someone with enough power to actually get to you also caring about Joe Corpsec is pretty low. Honestly, you have more to worry about when killing cops than you do when killing corpsec. And besides, you're a shadowrunner. You're always covering your tracks.
>>
>>51631052
The matter everyone's shitfighting about is whether corps are:
a) soulless, monolithic death-mongers who write off the funeral expenses on the same document as the soykaf expenses and have an infinite supply of desperate or brainwashed citizens who won't care much whether or not their family members die and who see a friend dying as a free promotion;
b) more insidious villains who project an image of being there for the community and for the workers to create corp loyalty without any snags, and who care about face and public reputation enough to eliminate shadowrunners who kill their employees (after all, no one wants to publicly work for or do business with a corp that does nothing about its employees being murdered on the job).
It's kind of a matter of pink mohawk (example A, in which corporations are Saturday-morning cartoon level greedy, wicked and incompetent, and provide no moral conflicts or hang-ups in the way of the pixie rigger steering a hovercraft rigged with a hundred Seven-7 canisters into a corp building) and black trenchcoat (example B, in which the corporation will at least put five hours of work on the spider and a Johnson with shadowrunner contacts to find out your name and appearance so they can paste wanted posters up everywhere and make life hard for you while saving face).
It's a matter of how you're portraying the corps - as the main opposition, the stance you take towards them really impacts the game. There are a lot of roleplaying hooks that become impossible with monolithic mustache-twirling corps, but also a lot of shenanigans that become impossible if the GM remembers that the corp is still composed of people.
>>
>>51627454
Lethal ammo means if you miss and hit a civvie the cops are actually going to give a shit
>>
>>51630657
Get a car, backup SINS, a cyberarm with high custom agi for shooting, programs and agents, a couple of backup commlinks.

WR are useful if you wanna hack in AR, otherwise don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1353697406008.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1353697406008.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>51631794
There is no mechanic for this in Shadowrun.
And if the GM wants to fiat some Drama, he can and will do it regardless of the Actions taken by the players.

I'm one of the guys defending (not yet in this thread though) that gunning down a few Joe Donuts has no consequences.

Every single Runner i have played so far, however, has been using Stick-n-shock or Gel as the Standard loadout so far and i can't even remember the last time i fired an FMJ round.

Thing is, SnS and Gel are fucking awesome and way better for taking out normal Opposition, including Drones, than standard Ammo.
I'd start switching mags to APDS when Spirits or HTR Corpsec arrives, because then its mechanically sound.
>>
>>51631851
>agents
Can I run more than one?
>>
>>51630657
Very, you don't want to suck so much in meatspace that you can never deploy full defense.
So, getting 2 INI passes (almost) guaranteed is a must.
WR 1 Alpha + 3 Levels Reaction enhancers (used) is an excellent Combo that is cheap as fuck and enables you to be a wheelman on Occasion.
>>
>>51631222
You're looking at this as if the corporations were merely capitalists and not also feudal lords in their own right.

>Lord Ares provides you protection, safety, shelter and gainful employment; in return you provide your loyalty and vassalage.
>You are Lord Ares's subject, and as such he will look after you.
>When a band of shadowreivers falls upon your town's county fair, steal the prize bull and slay Sir Joe Corpsec in the process, you do not question Lord Ares when he only reinforces the local garrison and does not have the shadowreivers hunted down and executed.
>First, you do not question Lord Ares because it is not your place.
>Second, you do not question Lord Ares because you are his subject, he must certainly have your best interests in mind in whatever he does, or at least the best interests of his entire domain. Yes, if Lord Ares does not wish to expend the manpower needed to bring these cattlethieves to justice, it is because he is worried that his domain would be left vulnerable to an attack elsewhere.
>Third, you do not question Lord Ares because you know of the great retribution he exacted upon that one band of shadowreivers that slew a whole town of men, raped the women and took the children as slaves. Lord Ares is certainly not afraid of the shadowreivers; if he does not act against them, then it is because he is more concerned about the looming threat of another neighboring Lord.
>>
>>51630661
Does that include knowledge skills?
>>
>>51632303
I typically go broad instead of deep with knowledge skills. Active skills can substitute for knowledge skills when applicable. So, I like picking flavorful knowledge skills. For example, a Razor Boy ex-ganger would have a variety of street knowledge skills, but maybe he also knows a lot about pre-crash middle age combat as a hobby.
>>
How do sunlight allergies work for Vampires and such? Can I stave off the effect with heavy clothing and sunglasses, or is that not good enough?
>>
>>51632773
IIRC there is special sunblock clothing fit them, though I neither know the name not book it's in
>>
So, I've noticed something interesting about the Life Modules system. The rules let you buy Resonance/Magic ratings at any point throughout character creation, and this can be abused with the rules in Chrome Flesh.
You can use some of the backgrounds like Bag of Organs and Test Subject to get augmented, then get a Resonance/Magic Rating afterwards, letting you lose essence without dropping your Resonance/Magic score.
>>
Is it worth getting exceptional attribute at character creation?
>>
>>51633422
Only for specific builds. I've found two specific builds that it's really good for: mages (especially human mages) to get Magic 7, and characters who need 2 physical or mental attributes at their "maximum."
Besides that, its value starts to get a little questionable.
>>
>>51633504
so not worth it on a decker for logic?
>>
>>51633515
Depends a lot on how many points you have left over. I haven't played Deckers that much, So it might work for them, but I'd imagine that things like Aptitude and Codeslinger would be more effective.
>>
>>51629746
>Characters who don't dream are astrally blind

Interesting idea. People with less Essence slowlu losing their dreams. For a burnout with a mentor spirit, who may speak with them in dreams, it creates a nice foreboding.
>>
>>51627431
He didn't make them, he promised he could give back their fading powers via Dissonance to get them to serve them.
>>
>>51633599
Aptitude is way worse than Exceptional Attribute. +1 to LOG adds a die to a bunch skills, and Aptitude is +1 die to a single skill. Codeslinger for your Mark placing skill is great though.
>>
>>51633515
You could just get the bioware for logic
>>
File: 1353697390002.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1353697390002.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>51633515
You are paying 25 Karma (raising another Attribute from 4->5) + another 14 Karma (exceptional Attribute). 39 Karma equals 78k Nuyen equals two levels of Cerebral booster and 15000 Nuyen to freely spend.
No, exceptional Attribute is basically never worth the cost. Magic for an Adept (so you get an additional Powerpoint from it, provided you have enough Special attribute points to begin with) migh be a case where on could argue about one of those Advantages being usefull, but usually they are way to many ressources spend for way to little gain, that could be acquired elswhere for less.
>>
How do I live/run/do anything with a criminal SIN?
>>
>>51633134
Yeah, that's not how that works, anon.
>>
>>51634626
Get a fake ID and don't broadacst your criminal SIN?
>>
>>51634640
But but but that's against the law!
>>
File: 1403995951001.png (1021KB, 1364x1548px) Image search: [Google]
1403995951001.png
1021KB, 1364x1548px
Hey Yekka, the "markup" thing to change the price of Cyberware doesn't work with the Cybereyes basic system
>>
>>51634638
Why?
>>
>>51634685
>>
>>51634730
"Look at me and my le epik exploits that's blatantly false, because Essence loss cuts off from the bottom of your magic, which means that when you go to buy Magic 4, but you've already got 2 essence worth of magic, you're buying up from Magic -1, so you're paying for Magic 6"
>>
>>51632161
No
>>
File: Consider the Following.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the Following.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>51634758
Except that's how it worked in previous editions. When you had a Latent Awakening, any of the 'ware you got earlier in life didn't affect your Magic Attribute when you Awakened (only your Magic maximum).
This is basically what's being represented in the Life Module: you have Cyberware or Bioware from a very young age (potentially even from birth with Bag of Organs), and then your Latent Awakening comes in afterwards.
>>
Is taking Adept Spell/Mystic Adept for Analyze Device and the few dodge spells worth it?
>>
>>51634971
Doesn't matter, retard. If you want your 'ware to not eat your magic, take Prototype Transhuman.
>>
>>51634758
>>51634990
Learn to
>Greentext
Then realise you're using a table rule, and not my chummer.
>>
Can someone please re-upload the new Run Faster PDF? I need to check something and I can't find the download anywhere.
>>
File: Badger.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Badger.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Behold, Badger!

B Troll/Adept, C Attribute/Skill, E Money.

I'm not great at building adepts, so his stun track is lousy and I'm not sure a great way to increase it. On the other hand, he can take all kinds of physical damage, and he's pretty messy when he gets in close (I couldn't justify One-Eye McTrollclaws having vision mods or a gun, so that's a life goal for him. If he gets a bit of karma to avoid defaulting, he can start pitching grenades and knives hella far, if not super accurately).

And he's even useful in legwork, provided you need someone or something found or accessed indiscreetly. He's not going to surprise anyone, but he's damn hard to shake or blind, and he can come up through your floorboards to talk to you about using thermal smoke.
>>
>>51634990
It doesn't matter, except for the fact that it works according to both fluff and crunch.
And Prototype Transhuman only works for Bioware. If you want Cyberware, you need to take Test Subject or Child Factory Worker.
>>
>>51635024
Check the OP pastebin
>>
>>51634732
Let me rephrase that: What are some creative ways of working around the threat of a criminal SIN? Because if it's as simple as "lol just turn it off" then I'll add it to my severe seafood allergy for another 10 free karma.
>>
>>51635093
>severe seafood allergy
chummer, I'm all for having your negative qualities hinder you a bit, but isn't this a bit TOO severe?
>>
>>51635092
Yep, fuck me, Wakyambi really did get their Edge bumped down. Son of a bitch.
>>
>>51635116
He's just fishing for extra karma.
>>
>>51635116
I'm just trying to find the line between being debilitating and being too easily negated. I guess it's just dependant on the tone of your game and the GM.
>>
>>51635093
>I'll add it to my severe seafood allergy for another 10 free karma
20 karma/Common, mate. Eat some flavoured krill paste, die in 10 minutes or so, unless you can get it all out.

>>51635179
You. I like you.
>>
>>51635093
>>51635185
Here's the thing about criminal SINs:

Got a national/corp SIN and don't broadcast it? That's a fine, maybe issue a statement.

SINless? That's an escort out of the nice part of town, maybe a fine and issuing a statement.

Got a Criminal SIN but don't broadcast it? Well better not get caught omae, bercause that's a felony. Hope you enjoy 5 years in prison.
>>
>>51635093

I can't think of anything that isn't unnecessarily complicated and/or doesn't raise more suspicions than simply using a fake SIN and turning your crimSIN off in the first place.
>>
>>51635093
Criminal SINS are... Criminally undervalued for the real pain they give.

The way it works, anytime a police force checks your SIN and biometrics, you have a 50/50 chance of being put back in jail for using a fake SIN/not broadcasting you are a crook. Your data is on the 'most shared' system by corps, who is a criminal. Sure, they won't know why, but they'll know you are a crook and you need to be watched. Not to mention that if they find your metrics on any crime scene, you get a new bounty on your head since whoever you ran against only has to pay for the privilege to know your face so they can fuck you up.

So, either Criminal SIN is a 10 point annoyance that is manegeable, or you treat it like it is, a very fucking hard thing to deal with, the worst type of SIN you can get.
>>
File: Lone Star Community Policing.jpg (35KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lone Star Community Policing.jpg
35KB, 398x500px
>>51635255
>SINless? That's an escort out of the nice part of town, maybe a fine and issuing a statement.

>maybe a fine

>the cops aren't going to shake you down, take everything of value you have, and get in a little nightstick practise for good measure

Good joke. Tell another.
>>
>>51635315
You might get a beating, but the cops have no authority to take anything you have if it doesn't require a license. Even the 6th world has rules.

Changing the subject, which is better for an augmented infiltrator's weapon: easy breakdown or a chameleon coating? Note that the character is a thief, not an assassin - the gun is strictly plan B, and I even took a code of honor: "will not kill metahumans."
>>
>>51635381
If you don't have a SIN, your gear has no Ownership tied to anyone.

> which is better for an augmented infiltrator's weapon
Decide whether you're smuggling it incognito, or hiding it in plain sight.

A body armour bag with faraday pockets / universal mirror material will do wonders.
>>
>>51635381
Well, Chameleon coating means that your weapon is invisible, but still on your body and can still be found by microwave scanners
Easy breakdown makes it that its parts are visible but the gun on the whole isn't and while a MW scanner might see the parts it might not see the gun

Advantage of CC is that your weapon is immediately available

so it depends on
>what routes will you take
>what kind of gun
>>
>>51635423
oh and
>how often/fast do you need it
is it okay to take some turns putting it together or do you need it ASAP when SHTF
>>
How do you help mitigate Drain?
>>
>>51635423
>what routes will you take
Character's built to be able to either be basically invisible via chameleon suit and stealth, or disguise herself heavily via false face, chameleon skin, breast implants 2.0, retractable fangs (casemod to look like ork tusks), and telescopic legs to alter height a bit. So either work.

>what kind of gun
Ares Crusader.
>>
>>51635443
Getting your Drain attributes high
Drugs for increasing WIL+[attribute]
Having a bound spirit take some/all of the drain
>>
>>51635381
Not as much firepower, but I always liked the idea of a light pistol in a smuggling compartment. Or if you have the capacity you could pop your Crusader in a large smuggling compartment.
>>
>>51635560
I've actually got a large compartment in each leg. So I guess the breakdown isn't really needed, but the chameleon coating might be useful once I schmooze my way in and change into the chameleon suit.
>>
>>51635580
Then grab a Crusader and put some Stick-n-Shock in it.
Really effective (salvos are great) and you usually don't need to bother with reloading.
Some sort of silenced gun would be good though.
>>
>>51635093
Seafood includes krill, one of the three biggest sources of protein in the setting
>>
>>51635671
You can put a silencer on a crusader RAW. There's a reason it's my MP of choice.
>>
>>51634971
Latent awakening doesn't exist as quality in 5e, and even if it did, this is not what's happening here, your point is moot.
>>
>>51634990
Pretty fuckin' sure that anon isn't saying your maximum Magic isn't affected, rather your current Magic isn't
>>
File: 5b8w2mw7.gif (3MB, 460x317px) Image search: [Google]
5b8w2mw7.gif
3MB, 460x317px
>>51635784
Works about as long as you don't encounter a GM who never played any older edition (up until fifth, it was explicitely stated that you can't combine them) or has any knowledge about how those things work.
If you are lucky and/or can argue on the line of the Ingram Smartgun (switching between gasvent and silencer), good for you.
Thats not the usual case though.

Anyways, what are you using your compartments for, besides the Gun?
I'll be getting 2 additional large smuggling compartments in my Cyberlegs soon, to complement the one in my left arm and I'm to sure for what i should carry around in them. The one in the arm has a Crusader stashed away (welcome to the Club, haha), but most of my usual other gear is legal enough to carry it on my Body.
I thought about stashing a Drone in there, but I'll probably just get an additional Eyemount in my left Cyberhand and put an Eyeballdrone in there.
>>
I'm back and bored. Same rules as before:

>Give me a character concept or mechanic that you will absolutely never allow in your campaigns, and I'll try to make a character (either concept or actual character sheet) that would would willingly accept.

>Also, I'll ask now not to be painfully specific. Burnout aspected alchemist dryad weeb with a tragic backstory isn't a challenge, it's just obnoxious.

>Finally: Give me a reason why you won't allow it in your campaign. gives me something to work with.
>>
>>51635931

I got the idea of making a character with the Ex-Con quality. I had nice cyberlegs (except for the restricted bonuses), and, rather than just having boring cyberlimbs that were full of unused capacity, I filled those fuckers up with lots and lots of smuggling compartments (my GM said I could trade them in for other things later down the line. cost money, but eh.)

Sooooo. He's got guns, ammo, grenades, B&E gear, tape, cookies, various credsticks for bribes, and all kinds of other things that anyone could ever need. He was a lot of fun while he lasted. (Party crumbled due to schedules 2 games in)
>>
>>51634758
No. Increasing MAG is New Attribute Rating * 5, same as any other attribute. 5th Edition has no 'memory' of what your Magic was at any point, so if you burn down to 0 MAG but still have more than 0 MAG Max, you can buy back up to 1 for 5 Karma. Attributes can't go into negatives.
>>
>>51636011

I thought the rules were that if you hit 0 magic, for any reason, you were screwed and couldn't get your magic back. So, even if you had 4 magic points left as your maximum, but you only had 2 to begin with, if you lost 2 points of essence, you were burnt out.
>>
>>51635796
Further addendum to explain just why you're a retard. The whole point of latent awakening was you didn't strt with a magic stat and had to buy it in play, a thing that was already a hard ask so the trade off of not having to pay down the loss due to cyberware was a perk that made the quality have a point. Under the rules for the edition you're talking about however if the magic of a subject is ever reduced below 0, which any amount of ware would do since it's already at 0, they would be considered burned out and never be allowed to buy their magic stat up or have magic abilities again. Stop trying to game the sequence of events to get free Karma you dick.
>>
>>51635931
see
>>51636005

Got a large compartment in each leg and concealed pockets all over my chameleon suit. So I can stuff the pistol in one and a drone in the other for the social part of infiltration - then when I get inside I can swap to my chameleon suit, put my pistol in a concealed quick-draw holster, have my drone watch my back on autopilot, and use my smuggling compartments for other things - like holding whatever it is I'm stealing.

>>51636044
You can recover by spending karma unless you have 0 maximum magic. If you have 0 current, you're no longer magically active and can't do any magic stuff - but if you spend karma you get the ability back.
>>
>>51636044
>If your Magic is reduced to zero, you can no longer use any skill requiring the Magic attribute, even if your maximum Rating is still greater than zero (but you can still raise the attribute with Karma and then get back to the spellslinging). If your maximum rating falls to zero, you’ve burned out, losing all magical abilities, including astral perception and projection. You are mundane forever. Burned out magicians retain all magical skills and knowledge, but they lack the ability to use them. All Magical active skills except for Arcana become Knowledge skills.
>>
>>51636011
I am disappointed yekka.
you can't duck the mag loss due to essence loss by doing things out of sequence, you have to pay for something if you want it. you either apply the negative after all levels are purchased, or you hit 0 Magic and burnout. Remember anon's talking about doing this inside character creation, about buying the mage quality after they've acquired their cyberware and this sequence breaking character creation.
>>
File: dragondildos shadowrun.jpg (431KB, 1430x1362px) Image search: [Google]
dragondildos shadowrun.jpg
431KB, 1430x1362px
>>51636005
Eh, sounds fun.
I tried Building some sort of "Inspector Gadget" like guy.
So i have a grappling hand in one arm, a magnetic system and a smuggling compartment in the other and hydraulic Jacks (soon to be complemented by additional smuggling compartments) as well as skates in the legs.
I wanted to get that Renraku Scuttler "detachable Hand" drone, but /srg/ talked me out of it.
I'm still pondering about getting the Eyeballdrone im my Palm though.
Would be hidden as long as i wear gloves, highly usefull to spy around and thanks to the eyelight system, I'll have a flashlight with me, all the time.

What I'm really missing as a Cyberware is a smoke dispenser like the one for cars in Rigger5. There doesn't seem to be a valid alternativ. Steamers are so-so and a grenadelauncher in the leg seems kinda Overkill and to costly in capacity.
>>
Is it worth taking Go Big or Go Home if I plan to go more Hack on the Fly than Brute Force? It seems like it would work out better with Brute Force
>>
>>51636011
Yekka.

If you have, somehow, a -3 to your Agility.

And you have a 1 default agility, then you have 1.

If you have a 4, then you have a 1.

If you guy it up to 5? Then you have a 2.

It's the same for magic.
>>
>>51636273
Essence loss doesn't apply a penalty to your Magic attribute rank. It reduces your Magic.
>>
File: 1468907989702.jpg (40KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468907989702.jpg
40KB, 450x600px
>>51636393
>It doesn't give a penalty, it gives a penalty
>>
>>51636408
It's ok if you don't understand the difference, anon, but you'll never learn if you just passive aggressively green text and pretend you're right.
>>
>>51636273
Current Attribute values cannot go below zero.

Your AGI would not be 4 (1), it becomes 1. Increasing it to 2 would not cost you 5*5, it would cost you 2*5.
>>
>>51636531
Depends on the way in which Agility is reduced.

>Armor accessories, items listed with a “+” in front of their rating, add to the character’s Armor for the purpose of Damage Resistance tests. The maximum bonus a character receive from these items is limited to their Strength attribute. For every 2 full points by which the bonus exceeds the character’s Strength, the character suffers a –1 penalty to Agility and Reaction.

This can get you to Agility: X(1), where raising Agility one rank costs X+1*5 karma. (and if the penalty is still higher than your new Agility rank, will have no effect)

>Anything that reduces your Essence also reduces your Magic rating.

This can get you to Magic: 0, where raising Magic one rank costs 5 karma.
>>
>>51636607
(I know, bad math) Going back to sleep.
>>
>>51636144
Smoke dispenser: The Inspector Gadget solution: cheap hand holding a standard smoke grenade in a self-opening smuggling compartment.
>>
>>51636607
>Armor accessories, items listed with a “+” in front of their rating, add to the character’s Armor for the purpose of Damage Resistance tests. The maximum bonus a character receive from these items is limited to their Strength attribute. For every 2 full points by which the bonus exceeds the character’s Strength, the character suffers a –1 penalty to Agility and Reaction.

I know of an adept power called mind over matter. You can use it on your logic stat to substitute it over your agility when it comes to rolling skills and such.

So lets say you have agility 1 and you're wearing enough armor to get a malus, your agi couldn't go below 1 so it would remain unchanged, right. But if you're rolling logic instead for all your agi related skills, would the malus from armor be transferred to logic instead?
>>
>>51636189
>Is it worth taking Go Big or Go Home if I plan to go more Hack on the Fly than Brute Force?

Brute Force alerts people when it succeeds, giving enemies a chance to attempt to retaliate, or just jack out/reboot unless you have lockdown equipped.

But really, nothing says you can't have both. Use hack on the fly when you're trying to be stealthy, and use brute force when you want to link-lock enemies that are likely to jack out. Say if you want to hijack a helicopter and ram it into the ground, you might want brute force to keep the pilot from just rebooting the device.
>>
>>51634626
Get a pet; get it a SIN, not just a pet license. Become an anti-RF emissions nut. Wear RF blocking clothing everywhere.
>>
In prioritygen, does raising an atribute from, say, 1>2 cost less than 9>10?
>>
>>51637328
If you raise it via special points?
No.
If you use the karma you get?
Yes.
>>
>>51637216
>Say if you want to hijack a helicopter and ram it into the ground, you might want brute force to keep the pilot from just rebooting the device.
I probably need to read more into the programs and skills and such before I play to see what I can do in certain situations and what works well together, but why would a brute force attack stop them from rebooting?
>>
>>51637530
Instead of Brute Forcing you could just 3 Marks Hack on the Fly and Format Device. I takes an extended test of 1h with software to repair the device.

This will take out most deckers and riggers for an hour or so, It's essentially a 3 mark oneshot.
>>
>>51635796
>>51636059
You are trying to explain something's crunch when all I have to do is explain its fluff. Under the rules for Life Modules, I can get my 'ware before I buy Magic. We both know this, and that's why you're not arguing this point. All I'm trying to do is explain why, in setting, it's not unusual for someone to get 'ware early in life, then Awaken later, I.E. How literally every mage in the fucking setting gets their magic.

Besides, I AM buying up my Magic stat from 1 up, just like you said.

>>51636044
There is one obvious exception to that rule: Awakening in the first place. It's not that you had 2 to begin with, it's that you had 0 to begin with, and it was reduced to an effective -2 if you took 'ware. This is, of course, assuming that mundane individuals have a Magic rating of 0 instead of just lacking it all-together, but if not then that'd support my point even more.
If you magic was 0 (or below) and you Awaken, you automatically get a Magic of 1.
>>
>>51637530
Brute Force lets you do damage as you get marks.

So despite telling the subject that there's a hacker working digital tricks on them, it can be a good start to a Data Spike, especially if the firewall's not super-great.

Because it also takes time to repair matrix damage, and the thing can't be used (except mechanically) while it's still got matrix damage after being filled, it can be a way of stopping somebody for less time, but with less time taken.
>>
>>51635381
The SINless basically don't have rights. Cops can do whatever they want to civilians that don't have SINs. You know, even more so than with the second-class citizens who at least in theory have legal protections.

Whether a corrupt cop is willing to risk shaking down a team of well-connected elite mercenaries, that's another story. Trying things like that tends to negatively impact a cop's life expectancy. That credstick won't do much for you after the cyber-zombie puts a bullet in your skull, or that elite mage mind-controls you to strip naked and jump under a moving truck, or the elite hacker makes your commlink email your CP collection to your boss...

>>51637530
>why would a brute force attack stop them from rebooting?
Because you'd run the Lockdown cyber-program while brute forcing them. That "link-locks" the target, so they need to succeed in a Jack Out action (Hardware + Willpower vs your Logic+Attack) before logging off of the matrix. While some poor pilot is struggling against your badass hacker skills, you're free to crash his ride straight into a building. Or land it gently on the ground where your team can take it over.

>>51637598
>format device = oneshot
You do still need to either reboot the device yourself or get the user to reboot it.
>>
>>51637724
>or the elite hacker makes your commlink email your CP collection to your boss...

Kek

Am I on a list now?
>>
>>51638039
>Am I on a list now?
You're on the decker's shit-list if you think about confiscating his cyberdeck
>>
>>51638057
>You're on the decker's shit-list if you think about confiscating his cyberdeck
>implying he could do anything to me

What's he gonna do? Hack my shitty Meta Link?
>>
>>51638296
He'll sign you up for illegal underage gay troll porn, then make you 'accidentally' send an e-mail about it to your wife.
>>
>>51634972
Analyse device is kind of an all or nothinges spell since some devices like drone have a natural spell resistance of 6 which means you're gonna have to overcast it every times you want even a small chance of beating their treshold
>>
>>51638388
Analyze Device as a buff for combat though
>>
>>51638365
>his face when my wife is an underage troll trap
>>
>>51638491
How do you keep a steady internet connection out there in the Barrens? Urbia hook you up?
>>
>>51638562
>steady

I don't.
>>
>>51638399
Hope you're not casting it on a smartgun or else the treshold is still gonna be a bitch to deal with
>>
>>51638562
Satellite link as a commlink plugin?
>>
>>51638388
>you're gonna have to overcast it every times you want even a small chance of beating their treshold
You can also use reagents or edge, then stick it in a sustaining focus.

>>51638365
>What's he gonna do? Hack my shitty Meta Link?
Your shitty meta link full of sensitive conversation logs that spell out every embarassing or illegal detail of your life, because you're a caveman who doesn't have a single rank in any matrix-related knowledge skill. And that's also probably full of information like locations of all your underworld contacts, pictures you took during runs for memory purposes, plus incriminating gems like "yo Killerella, I need like 80 EX EX rounds so I can fuck up a research facility, gonna be ready for those HTR drones".

And that's not even counting the shit he might plant on your meta link.

Or if he's not very creative he can just lock your car's door and drive it into a wall while you're inside. Or crash someone else's car into you if you're driving a dodge scoot.
>>
Restricted Gear for Heavy Milspec

Worth it if you've got a military character?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.