[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Politics Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 94

File: I AM the senate.png (1MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
I AM the senate.png
1MB, 1919x816px
Previous Thread: >>51596398

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg (106KB, 832x496px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_dropship_transport.jpg
106KB, 832x496px
What was the point of that Commander app game bringing a lot of EU stuff back if all that is never going to show up again?
>>
File: 250[1].jpg (7KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250[1].jpg
7KB, 250x188px
>>51615909
Why post an image of the Senate building if I am the Senate?

Also, second for diplomats belonging in Star Wars.
>>
Mandos no longer just have the best armor they now have the best fighters. They can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>51616007
That's what they've always been. Le ebin fighters who are better and cooler than everyone else. They can even almost hold their own against jedi!!1!
>>
>>51616007
The Rebels should always have the best fighters IMO.
>>
File: Darth_Vader_vs._Boba_Fett.jpg (2MB, 1442x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Vader_vs._Boba_Fett.jpg
2MB, 1442x2200px
This was so stupid.
>>
>>51616094
To be fair Boba was fighting a losing retreat the entire battle. Jut kept alive long enough for Vader to realize he'd be an asset.
>>
File: 1484503749667.jpg (298KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484503749667.jpg
298KB, 960x640px
>>51616094
I don't know what was worse. That or how Jaina had to go to Boba to learn how to defeat her brother who is the second strongest force user in the galaxy.
>>
File: x-wing.jpg (676KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
x-wing.jpg
676KB, 1600x1200px
>>51616007
>the best fighters
>Not being back-to-back Death Star champions
>>
>>51616007
It'd honestly be better if it didn't spin.

Even though it's a good trick
>>
>>51616154
Worst part is how it turned her into a combat noob just so the Mandos could look better. You know, the fucking Veteran from the Vong war.
>>
>>51616033
And all that based on a schmuck who got killed by someone accidentally setting off his jetpack. Because that's how the EU rolled, may it rest in piss.
>>
>>51616505
You know, death by terrible bad luck doesn't speak much of his actual skill. Before that, he was actually doing pretty well and was the first non-Force user to give a Jedi trouble. Wasn't he also going to tag Luke before he got Solo luck'd?

I dislike Boba wank as much as the next guy, but the people going to the opposite extreme are just as annoying.
>>
Why didnt Palpatine give all imperial military a genetic enchancementd with a personal killswitch which allows him to make any potential defector die from a heart attack? Hell why didnt he install that in vader?

That is why the Legion despite having inferior yech is so effective. Few if any defectors. Or the Geth and the auxilaries of the reapers.
>>
>>51616707
Because that cost a fucking shit ton of money when you can just shoot lasers at someone and kill them in a few moments.
>>
>>51615909
>Not palpatine edition
>>
File: IMG_0759.jpg (120KB, 1060x655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0759.jpg
120KB, 1060x655px
>>51615909
Where my Bibbles at?
>>
File: 1416270679359.gif (623KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1416270679359.gif
623KB, 245x200px
>>51616707
>why didn't evil roman emperor expy in an analog universe who is set up to be defeated by the power of love narratively do the same thing as an evil AI borg collective
>>
>>51616857
Executed for treason like the traitor he is
>>
File: 1485481092929.png (6MB, 2362x3260px) Image search: [Google]
1485481092929.png
6MB, 2362x3260px
>>51616007
>body rotates around stabilized cockpit

Fucking posers.
>>
>>51616898
Not per canon or legends :^)
>>
>>51616453
Well to be fair the Vong war was more like an advanced course in BDSM then combat experiance.
>>
>>51617024
>has goatee
>not traitor
Pick one
>>
>>51617020
Why is the cockpit aligned the wrong way in so many pictures?
It should sit so that the rest of the ship is below the pilot's feet.
>>
>>51617072
The rest of the ship rotates around the pilot because it makes sense to do that in a zero G environment for some reason.
>>
Is anyone who has their No Disinigrations book willing to take a couple of pictures for me? Mainly the Gear tables and the Adv/Threat tables for investigations?
>>
File: 1485763064282.jpg (180KB, 1129x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485763064282.jpg
180KB, 1129x1600px
>>51616007
What the fuck is Rebels doing with the Rebellion starfighters anyway? AWings are their primary craft, some fat fish-fuck prototyped the BWing with a mini-DS laser for some reason, and still no XWings.
>>
>>51616154
>>51616453
I mean MAYBE picking up a few dirty tricks and the saber resistant armor could have been explained. "He knows your father's dirty tricks, he know's Luke's force techniques, he knows Kyle's dirty tricks, he knows Corran's dirty tricks he knows Lando's tricks too. We need SOME people he doesn't know" but that would only be a short side trip not an entire fucking plot where she's treated like a damn child.

And they also forgot another good source of dirty tricks that she'd already met. The Wraiths.
>>
>>51617199
They allegedly wanted to give A-wings and B-wings some love because they didn't get as much exposure as Xs and Ys.
>>
>>51617199
>AWings are their primary craft
They're just R-22's at this point, if I remember correctly. Or however they're named in nucanon, in any case. They aren't mean to be the Endor models.
>>
File: B-wing.jpg (32KB, 888x613px) Image search: [Google]
B-wing.jpg
32KB, 888x613px
>>51617092
I don't know where that meme came from. The B-Wing is seen laying on its side in the Home One hangar, where it makes sense that the cockpit should be able to face up in that position.
If there was no gyroscopic element, the B-Wing would be similar to the Falcon in that it has a cockpit on the far side, with the rest of the ship extending mostly "horizontally" in one direction.
But since the gyroscope does exist in canon, its only purpose can be to align the ship downwards so that is easier to control for the pilot. The only difference being that it goes down instead of to one side.
>>51617199
They are A-Wing prototypes based on early concept art by Ralph McQuarrie, if I am not mistaken. I guess the series is set before the Rebellion acquired X-Wings. They were a cutting-edge craft at the Battle of Yavin. I thought the Blade-Wing prototype was pretty cool on the show, but still gimmicky enough that we don't have to ask ourselves: Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?
>>
>>51617092
Their is so much wrong with the B-Wing. The center of mass apears to be the cockpit, because the rest of the spacecraft rotates around it, but then the engines arn't in line with the center of mass, so the ship should be doing donuts in space, you could fix that with engine gimble but then your cockpit is something like 45 degrees off the line of flight.

Yeah I know, physics of spaceflight in Star Wars, but the B-Wing is the single worst offender.
>>
>>51617199
X-wings weren't around until 1 BBY after the prototypes were extracted in the Battle of Fresia, but they might do something differently in the nucanon.
>>
>>51617092
I like the idea of keeping pilots oriented, experienced pilots would adjust to zero-g but locking in landmarks might have some value to kids who weren't bullseying womprats in beggars canyon.

Or I'm just justifying a goofy gimmick because of muh nostalgia. Something other than flappy wings was cool.
>>
>>51617267
>Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?
Have we seen B-wings in action in nucanon so far? For all we know could all be supposed to be that way now.
>>
>>51617302
Oriented against what?
Not gravity.
Not the rest of their ship.
They don't appear oriented against any large stellar body or vessel.
>>
>>51617302
>I like the idea of keeping pilots oriented
But aligned to what? The surface of the nearest planet? Space is three-dimensional and the cockpit can only spin on one axis. Having it spin in addition to the craft with which you're doing twists and turns anyway is only gonna confuse you more.
>>51617314
The ones in the OT still have the original armament. I don't know if we ever actually saw them shoot something, but they have a bunch of guns that look very different from the superlaser.
>>
File: MandaloreUltimate_uvg.jpg (250KB, 843x1231px) Image search: [Google]
MandaloreUltimate_uvg.jpg
250KB, 843x1231px
>>51617233
Luke was already more than capable of beating Jacen. Luke should have been the one to teach Jaina how to beat Jacen not a shitty neo-mando. As far as I am concerned the only mando good enough to teach Jaina died 4000 years ago.
>>
>>51617267
I guess they had component beams on the clone dropship, but it seems like a waste not to tie that technology back into some intrigue around the Deathstar weapon.
>>
File: 1432762199314.jpg (645KB, 900x589px) Image search: [Google]
1432762199314.jpg
645KB, 900x589px
>>51617199
I like to think the Rebellion hasn't developed/stolen plans for the A-Wing's miniaturized conc missile launchers, ECM, or sanic fast thrusters by this point, and only manages those refits after their post-Yavin surge in popular support. I've got nothing for the B-Wing.

Not even machine waifus are safe from Filoni's wild machinations ;_;
>>
>>51617314
They tell us why in the Rebels episode. The superlaser breaks the hyperdrive.
>>
>>51617352
It's a shit excuse, desu. Just use them as parasite fighters.
>>
>>51617374
Rebellion doesn't have a lot of capitals. They need their fighters to have ftl travel.
>>51617199
Also remember that the rebellion isn't as homogenous as the Imperial Navy. The rebellions are comprised of many different cells and the different cells have varied tactics, tech and vehicles.
>>
>>51617333
>>51617341
One of the more recent short stories had a squadron of Bs 'locking their orientation' with an Imp-II in order to simplify their attack run in the face of its massive cloud of jamming equipment, or something along those lines.

When they're attacking a ship the size of a city that is actively throwing off their automated guidance systems, it sort of makes sense?
>>
x-wings mini core set vs the force awakens core set
which one is better for a new player
>>
>>51617430
>Rebellion doesn't have a lot of capitals.
So that means they can afford to not use a small fighter that can straight OHK an ISD?
>>
>>51617347
>clone dropship
What do you mean?
>>51617351
I like the idea of the Spearheads being equivalent to TIE/ln fighters in terms of armament. They only turned into the amazing beast that is the A-Wing a few years later.
>>51617374
The Alliance's strategy features tons of hyperspace hit and run attacks performed by independent fighter crafts. A fighter with no hyperdrive would be absolutely useless to them.
>>51617445
I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Do they align to the destroyer's surface so that they never actually see it?
>>
>>51617452
Saga Edition core rulebook
>>
File: fuck your star destroyers.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck your star destroyers.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>51617473
>I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Do they align to the destroyer's surface so that they never actually see it?

If it's anything like the Rogue Squadron vidya, it probably just means that they align their cockpits' orientation such that they always saw the Star Destroyer right side up. The rest of the B-wing body rotated, but the cockpit pod never rotated relative to the ISD.
>>
>>51617279
>Yeah I know, physics of spaceflight in Star Wars, but the B-Wing is the single worst offender.

Realisically speaking, the B-Wing cockpit would spin on it's own due to center of mass. I forget where the silly "whole ship rotates around cockpit" comes from, but I kind of always figured that the ship's thrusters and engines are designed to move the ship around that point (the cockpit), becaude fucking aliens and their wacky alien shit that makes the ship hard to handle.

Other than that, Star Wars has never been big on realistic spaceships. EVER. TIE fighters, and indeed TIEs of any variant, are also laughably unrealistic when you get down to it. X-Wings as well, thanks to wings for wings sake. A-Wings in theory work ok. But capital ships? Fuck the Empire even uses giant death triangles!

When I want gritty sci-fi with a firm base in actual science and realistic space ships (minus the space magic efficiency engine), I turn to Expanse. When I want a western space opera with fucking virgin wizards and WW2 dogfights and spaceships designed off rule of cool, I go Star Wars. And it's ok to love both at the same time!
>>
>>51617333
>>51617341
Completely arbitrary points in space when they jump into system/battle, if need be. I've already conceded it's probably nostalgia, and it doesn't help that Wrath of Khan was on TV last night, but establishing an artificial horizon might have some value to sub-fighter jocks running comparatively more complex weapon systems.

Still, this is acknowledging that Star Wars seriously can't into zero-g space flight.
>>
>>51617452
People generally agree that the TFA damage deck is better, but I'd say the most important factor is what ships do you want?
>>
>>51617473
>The Alliance's strategy features tons of hyperspace hit and run attacks performed by independent fighter crafts. A fighter with no hyperdrive would be absolutely useless to them.
If they can latch one onto the Phantom and jump around then there's literally no excuse.
>>
>>51617374
Between Scarif and Endor the Rebel fleet seems to have served mostly as a "Fleet in being". It was out their somewhere and so the Empire had to search for it and a defend ageanst it's potential targets. As per Mon Mothma's lines in Jedi "In A Vain Effort To Engage Us"

That leaves most of the actual raids to be carried out by Starfignters operating like we saw them do in the strike on Eadu in Rogue One.

TLDR they need hyperdrives because the Rebels already got their fleet destroyed once.
>>
File: BadKitty-LaPR.jpg (56KB, 640x248px) Image search: [Google]
BadKitty-LaPR.jpg
56KB, 640x248px
>>51617473
>What do you mean?
>>
>>51617264
R-22 was a stupid retcon and didn't happen, just a legend.
Endor A-wings are the same as in Rebels but with less armour, smaller guns and more powerful engines.
>>
>>51617459
It can't one shot an ISD, it can one shot a Arquitens Light Cruiser, in Seson Three we see a torpedo run from the Ghost do the same thing.
>>
>>51617473
>I like the idea of the Spearheads being equivalent to TIE/ln fighters in terms of armament. They only turned into the amazing beast that is the A-Wing a few years later.
I think nowadays it's the opposite, R-22's being multipurpose fighters and A-Wings being the ships getting the TIE treatment.
>>
>>51617473
Didn't the ball turrets on the Clone Dropships have a similar component-beams-intersect-into-big-fuckoff-sustained-laserbeam, as opposed to plasma bolts or explosives like everything else. It was kind of cheeky nod and wink there, but bringing it back could have been a plot hook. Seems like a waste.
>>
>>51617590
This. The rebellion has used light freighters a shit ton they could easily strap a bunch of these b wings to yt-1300s. Or even better mount the superweapon on a larger frame ship
>>
>>51617267
>Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?
Because also in Rebels you can see a pair of torpedoes split the same class of cruiser in half and torpedoes don't usually damage the fighter that fired them.
>>
>>51617452
Yes.

Original Core has Biggs, R2, and some great Tie pilots.

New Core has Poe Dameron, BB-Gr8, new TIE/FOs, and a better damage deck. Go for the one you like best, and later get the other one.
>>
>>51617692
And if they need all the YT's they have to drop supplies to troops?
>>
>>51617532
That is just stupid. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
>>51617590
>If they can latch one onto the Phantom and jump around then there's literally no excuse.
One.
>>51617617
Oh, you mean LAATs or gunships? I've never heared them being called dropships before, sorry.
>>51617629
I believe the Rebels A-Wings have fixed guns and no rocket launchers while the one in ROTJ have rotating guns and rocket launchers.
>>51617668
Huh, that's weird. I always saw A-Wings and TIE Interceptors as direct rivals.
>>51617672
I understand what you mean. But aren't all lasers in Star Wars actually plasma weapons (more powerful blasters)? I heared that once, as an explanation why all the projectiles move so slowly and you can't reflect them with just a mirror.
>>
>>51617629
I mostly say R-22 to differentiate them from the Endor version.
>>
>>51617777
>That is just stupid. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
Welcome to Star Wars. It also wasn't designed by humans, so who the fuck knows what weird requirements the original designers had in either Legends or canon?
>>
>>51617748

An army is never at 100% utilization. There will always be a few loose assets that can be used for operations that suddenly arrive. A weapon that can make a fighter carve up a frigate or light cruiser like butter will take precedence over easily rectified logistical issues.
>>
>>51617694
Yeah, I figure when the thing went into mass production, the engineers were like "detrimental super laser... kay... Or we load 18 fucking torpedoes on it!"
>>
>>51617777
>Huh, that's weird. I always saw A-Wings and TIE Interceptors as direct rivals
They still are, but more on the speed department than anything else.

By TIE treatment I meant the "let's strip all these heavy extra features off this thing, gotta go fast!" philosophy.
>>
>>51617248

Which is fair, because "in canon" they have very little coverage now.

>>51617473
>>51617668

Well, technically the initial production run of the RZ-1 (because games and shit wanted to feature the A-Wing but previous lore was that it was only developed around Endor, thus the R-22 nonsense) was made to compete with the TIE/LN contract, but it involved too much long range, armor, life support, shields, etc. Rebellion bought up the models KDS produced after.

But after 15+ years of tech advancement, the Empire has begun rolling out a new generation of craft in the Interceptors and Advanced models and the production line As don't cut it. Thus the Endor era models of A-Wings are born, hotrodded models with the weapons, armor and shields stepped down, some of them even without hyperdrives, to give them more power to engines.
>>
>>51617804
Considering how much of Star Wars is directly based off WW2, which was won (and lost) because of logisitics... Yeah no. Logisitics are key to fighting a war. Super awesome prototypes aren't likely to see a fight unless the fight is happening right outside. Meanwhile being able to mass produce a thousand of fighter and keep them operational is more valuable in the long run.
>>
>>51617590
Yes, and instead of using one person they use three (pilot, gunner for the laser and shuttle pilot), they have to dock under fire (that killer some A-wings in Rebels), and in case the shuttle us damaged both ships are lost. All of that for a job that a pair of torpedoes would do. Brilliant.
>>
Frankly I always found the idea of the B-wing superlaser dumb. Was it that hard to just have the ship going full Macross on the Imperial cruisers? It's like they thought audience wouldn't believe the ship was powerful unless it had some shiny gimmick to it.
>>
>>51617853
So they're supposed to be something akin to XwingTMG's Chaardan refit, that makes some kind of sense.

They still don't mount an astromech so far as I can tell, which seemed like a key component to hyperspace capable fighter craft. Did I miss something there, or just another overlooked detail?
>>
>>51617956

I feel like there's still some "prototypes are cool" aspect in Star Wars (there definitely was in the EU) so they felt the B need to have a gimmick which could be phased out of mass production.

Quarrie states it carries torps, and the Ghost has fired torps multiple times (including to drop an Arquitens), so the Rebels team has torpedo assets modeled, has the sound effects and all that other production bullshit. I dunno, maybe the writers just hate ordinance.
>>
>>51617956
That's partly why I loved it originally, they went and put a bunch of huge gunpods on the thing. Give the girl some anime-tier dakka action.

Not that Rebels has ever impressed in that regard. The Ghost's cannons just do not sound good at all.
>>
>>51617888
>Super awesome prototypes aren't likely to see a fight unless the fight is happening right outside.
>posted as two super awesome prototypes were ferried halfway across the world so they could be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
>>
>>51618005
Astromechs are helpful, but not essential. Nav computers can do the job, too. Quoting the Wook:

>An astromech droid's primary purpose on a smaller ship such as a starfighter was as a backup or replacement for a nav computer; however, due to the limitations of each unit's astrogation buffer, an astromech could only hold a set number of hyperspace coordinates. The droid also provided in-flight maintenance and repair, and performed a number of routine functions so the pilot could focus on flying the ship

The droid provides additional utility. Presumably, A-wings don't use them because they aren't supposed to be hit in the first place, rarely need to travel on extremely long journeys, and need to shed as much mass as possible to make going fast easier.
>>
>>51616771

Sons of the Patriots. Except under one man.
>>
>>51618104
Because Sons/Guns of the Patriots doesn't really work.

SW doesn't have NANOMACHINES SON handwaving.
>>
>>51617267
>I don't know where that meme came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNQRSKwERpw

Legends B-Wings were supposed to be really tricky to learn how to fly at their full potential, thanks to the Verpine being crazy motherfuckers.

Imagine its like playing Tempest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMto2HJJSSA&t=94s

While still having 3D control of the ship like you would in X-Wing or Rogue Squadron.
>>
>>51618096
LOL, there is a difference between a "prototype" bomb and a prototype aircraft/vehicle.

Look at all the retarded German WW2 prototypes and were did it get them.
>>
File: 1480283851770.png (305KB, 548x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480283851770.png
305KB, 548x470px
>>51617777
>But aren't all lasers in Star Wars actually plasma weapons (more powerful blasters)? I heared that once, as an explanation why all the projectiles move so slowly and you can't reflect them with just a mirror.

Which is why those three weapons (DS canon/Dropship turret/B-wing prototype) firing in a unique fashion interested me. The little ball turret is meant as a callback to the deathstar (because pottery), slapping it on a Rebel ship for no reason was a waste.
>>
>>51618087
Both TCW and Rebels are also very weird when it comes to starship laser firepower.
>>
>>51616864

You didnt notice Caesar's legion? A primitive bunch of tribals who prefers death before betrayal. The Emperor failed to ensure a 100% loyalty rate in the military through something like a suicide system
>>
>>51618216
It's just another type of weapon. Composite beams were used on super common LAAT/i, clearly they aren't nefarious top secret superweapons.
>>
>>51618171

Kamino scientists son. They can implant stormtroopers in training with a cheap mass produced biochip that augments them. Look at Order 66
>>
>>51618289
This. What made the Death Star special was not the composite laser, but the Khyber crystals it used.
>>
File: Handmaidenpromo.jpg (28KB, 274x440px) Image search: [Google]
Handmaidenpromo.jpg
28KB, 274x440px
tl;dr KOTOR 2 was a mistake.

>started playing KOTOR 2, because it gets referenced here constantly, and my F&D group have all played it too.
>Make a female Exile, because iirc she's supposed to be the canon character.
>notice the obvious force sensitive companion character "The Last Handmaiden" get intrigued by the lore in her weird warrior priestess tradition and look forward to adding her to the crew.
>finish Nar Shada get the Droopy Dog imitating Sith edgelady. Watch as the already boring not-Han Solo companion gets early oughts edge'd into a tedious sith soldier. The zabrak would be interesting if he wasn't so low energy. Kreia is arrogant and obnoxious. HK is okay but over hyped. Mira is okay, but my influence is so low the only thing she will talk about is whether or not I've advanced the clumsy love interest sideplot with not Han Solo The only companion I enjoy is the not R2-D2, but the game does everything it can to stop me from keeping him in the group.
>wonder when the Handmaiden is supposed to join do some googling.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcbuNcyJqEg
>player gender specific companions, and the female only "Disciple" looks even more boring than not-Han Solo.

Fuck this game and its terrible design choices.

I already know they didn't finish the game's ending, and I bet derpware would have been able to cobble more of it together if they hadn't wasted budget on gender specific bullshit.
>>
>>51618289
Not in the LAAT's case clearly, but the uoscapscaled BWing version is at least surprising enough to be uncommon, and the DeathStar's planet killer was unprecedented.

Just a wasted opportunity, that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>51618409
>and the DeathStar's planet killer was unprecedented.
See >>51618380
>>
>>51617199
X-wings will not make an appearance until the time is right, as the most iconic craft of the entire series, it is only right to introduce them with the greatest of fanfare, and only after all the other ships have had their share of glory
>>
File: Z95headhunter_negvv.jpg (445KB, 1904x776px) Image search: [Google]
Z95headhunter_negvv.jpg
445KB, 1904x776px
>>51618426
Which is also a perfect opportunity to show more Headhunters.

Its a Win/Win

Oh god, I just want to see more Legends starfighters showcased in NuCanon.
>>
>>51618495
Do you think they will look like their Legends counterparts, or like the ones from TCW?
>>
File: Clone_Z-95_starfighter_SWE.png (121KB, 489x296px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_Z-95_starfighter_SWE.png
121KB, 489x296px
>>51618495
2 engine headhunter > 4 engine
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267KB, 864x485px) Image search: [Google]
mk 1 z95.jpg
267KB, 864x485px
>>51618522
>That abomination
Disgusting. Not a single bit of muscle car goodness in that ugly bird. Mk 1 Headhunters in Jolly Rogers colors when?
>>
>>51618383
>doesn't like a game
>ergo the game itself was a mistake
Nah son
>>
>>51618495
>bandit squadron appears
>killed totally except for one man, bandit 5
>bandit squadron appears again with totally different members, except for the survivor, who is now bandit 4
>this happens every episode they appear in
>X-wings finally appear
>one of the X-wing squads is bandit squadron
>a familiar voice says "bandit leader checking in"
>>
>>51618522
The clonewars Z sucks, the V-19 torrent was a better pub ship hands down.
>>
File: 1441603842946.jpg (81KB, 526x960px) Image search: [Google]
1441603842946.jpg
81KB, 526x960px
>>51618383
Spot on, anon. Except for Bao Dur, he was best autist.

If you like, there are mods that let get handmaiden for female Exile, but yeah, KOTOR 2 had so, so many problems that are never addressed. That said, I can't think of many other stories that even tried to tell a "Jedi" story, rather than a "Chosen Hero" story, and that's really what keeps me coming back to KOTOR 2 again and again.
>>
>>51618425
Which was fine before the BWing showed the weapon scaling in a fashion startling to the imperials who watch it BTFO their blockade.

Unintended or not, that scene evokes escalation that could have been explored, rather than just ripping off the simple deathstar callback the ball turret was originally meant to be.
>>
>>51615909
So, I'm the ruler of some backwater in the outer rim. The empire appears, and tells me to annex. I do. What happens afterwards?
>>
>>51618837
>Mass industrialization, particularly for military hardware
>Garrisons popping up
>You will eventually get shafted to a lower government position
>Riots
>>
>>51618837
the empire are like 80s drug dealers, they hook you with tastes of progress and security

next thing you know, half your population was drafted, the other half are working in factories, and whoevers left are being beaten for jaywalking. and you cant get out, since you now have garrisons and star destroyers everywhere

just say no
>>
>>51617599
>In A Vain Effort To Engage Us
That raises a question why Empire did not attack worlds that were supplying the fleet.
You could probably do maintenance for fighters and other small ship on shit tier worlds but getting parts for capital ships would probably need big industrial complex specializing in such parts.
And such factories should be quite rare.
>>
>>51618366
They're kinda dead, though.
>>
File: sienar fleet systems.gif (501KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
sienar fleet systems.gif
501KB, 400x277px
>>51618942
>the other half are working in factories
On the bright side, there's the possibility of those factories being Sienar-owned.
>>
>>51618948
their entire supply line is so cleverly hidden that that they can hide an MC80 in it, and no one will be able to trace the components
>>
>>51618665
Right now I am just salty because I feel like I have to restart a game I am 20 hours into.

This game has such brilliant little bits in it, like the home owner showing up to yell at you for ransacking his apartment, and the way they deliver lightside and darkside alignment then change the Exile's backstory depending on your character's attitudes is pretty cool too.

Oh well, if I ever come back to it I'll take your advice and give Bao Dur more of a chance.
>>
>>51618383
>Kreia is obnoxious
If you pick random dialog choices and don't actually use your brain, I can get how she comes off like that. It's actually really simple to just hear her out and makes her like you a lot and make decisions that she loves by just using your brain and not picking a single side and sticking with every option without thinking.

>derpware
It's not made by bioware genius.
>>
>>51618948
Because they had no proof, besides Mon Cal, I guess, and they figured they were too far out to be worth bothering.
>>
>>51618576

God those are gorgeous.
>>
>>51616857
>Adviser to young, naive queen
>Has creepy goatee
>Discourages increased security on Naboo
>Says have to surrender to Trade Federation
>Begs queen to contact him
Yeah, no way Bibble wasn't in on it.
>>
>>51619061
THIS IS GRAND MOFF TARKIN FROM ERIADU, AND THIS IS MY DEATH STAR!
>>
>>51618837
Okay, so you know what about this. Will there be a difference if Human or alien. What if they are near humans?
>>
>>51619072
Why do all the guns in star wars look like SMG's. Like the e-11, for example.
>>
>>51619128
Because WW2 milsurp is sexy as fuck.
>>
>>51617343
>Only Mando good enough to teach Jaina
>Couldn't beat a Republic crippled by the Great Sith War
>pick one

Seriously, at least Mandalore the Indomitable rode all the way to the Deep Core while the Republic was fairly healthy.
>>
>>51619128
The standard issue Republic rifle for much of the Clone Wars was the DC-15A, a proper big shooty piece. The Rebels on Endor used an A280, another proper sized gun.
>>
>>51619128
>MG-34
>smg
Are you stupid or just blind?
>>
>>51618366
The biochip really wasn't a means to augment them - at least not to any definitely superhuman levels. The only things we know for a fact it does is provide a mental override for the execution of Order 66; the Kaminoans claim it's what is used to make the clones more docile and beholden to their superiors, but there's nothing that really indicates that that's the case. And there's nothing about it that we're told makes them stronger, faster, smarter, etc.
>>
>>51618096
prototype weapon (i.e. a bomb in this case), is not the same as a prototype tank/fighter about to be mass produced. Take the Maus or SU-100Y as an example. Meanwhile the Sturer Emil are an example of what NOT to do with a pair of prototypes...
>>
File: dicker-max-snow.jpg (73KB, 650x404px) Image search: [Google]
dicker-max-snow.jpg
73KB, 650x404px
>>51619474
The two Dicker Max were massively effective.
>>
File: Mandalore-kotor-handbook.jpg (64KB, 519x549px) Image search: [Google]
Mandalore-kotor-handbook.jpg
64KB, 519x549px
>>51619196
The only reason why Mando the Ulti didn't win was because Revan joined the fight and killed him in personal combat and of course the war crime super weapon that is the mass shadow generator that wiped them out on Malachor V.
>>
>>51619555
And they were lost. At which point production stopped at 2. The reason you don't send your only prototypes out into the field, is because you lose them.

The SU-100Y was also massively effective. And it wasn't lost, largely because it didn't even leave the city it was built in. Instead the idea behind it was improved upon, and led to other more successful assault guns. Both Sturer Emil (Dicker Max) were lost without notice, dissappeared off equipment records, and the entire project scrapped.
>>
>>51619709
Things get lost in war, it's nothing to cry over. The question is whether they are effective.
>>
>>51619128
Well for the E-11 particularly I have a headcanon that I think explains it pretty well.

> Clone Wars start, DC-15A primary arm of Clone infantry units
> Long range, accurate, powerful but hard to control on full auto frpm the shoulder and way too big to be effective at CQC
> A few months into the war it comes to Command's attention that a lot of frontline units are begging, borrowing buying or stealing as many DC-15S carbines as they can.
> Turns out less than a quarter of infantry engagements happen at ranges further than 150 metres, especially in the cirtical urban centres where the 15S loses very little in terms of performance compared to the A, but is much handier, has a higher cyclic rate which is more controlable on giggle-switch and leaves more room and weight for troops to carry extra equipment, ammo or grenades.
> DC-15S basically becomes standard issue arm of the GAR by end of Clone Wars, with As being used more like SAWs or DMRs
> Time comes to adopt new service rifle for newly formed Empire
> Designers look at Clone Wars and decide they want a short, handy, high RoF weapon that's good for CQC more than a long range heavy hitter.
> Make DC-15S frame even shorter, lighten the frame more, send to testing.
> Empire likes it, but are concerned that it doesn't have the necessary stopping power for a mainline weapon, demand it hit with the same force as other blaster rifles on the market, rather than a carbine weapon.
> Result is powerful and small, but utterly uncontrollable on full-auto.
> "Well that's fine, we'll just remove the full auto capability."
> E-11 gets rushed into service to feed expanding Imperial military.
> Has persistent issues with wandering zero and heat dissipation due the stress of firing such a powerful bolt from such a small and light weapon.

Basically like if the US had adopted a sawn-off M14 post WW2.
>>
>>51618837
The Imperials appoint a planetary governor, who is likely some random functionary with dubious qualifications for the role. The planetary governor immediately starts supplanting your authority and de facto installs himself as your superior. There is undoubtedly an bureaucratic shuffle as the governor brings in his own people, eliminates aspects of the government that he doesn't care for, and consolidates his base of operations in the (new) capital. You're going to have to deal with the Imperial military setting up garrisons, conducting patrols/operations, and generally acting with impunity because they are completely removed from your chain of command and report to the governor. In general, you'll be left to oversee the dryer aspects of domestic administration and anything else the Imperials aren't interested in directly controlling.

If you're very lucky (and a human), you might just be given the role of planetary governor yourself. But otherwise, get used to being second-in-command at best.

Outside of that, it can be a crapshoot. Imperial presence might yield technological advancement, increased commerce, and greater overall security. But at the same time, it might cause the growth of local insurgencies, burden the populace with new taxation, and result in the destruction of native cultures and economies.
>>
>>51616857
https://youtu.be/oDAA2Ih4XAs
>>
>>51618942
>just say no
I hope you have decent planetary shields and surface to orbit weapons, and don't need to import anything from off world
>>
>>51620278
This is the greatest thing.
>>
>>51620061
That's nice, but I am alien, I'm near human and could pass as one, but I'm still afraid, as I heard what happened to the wookies. Will this happen to me?
>>
File: xh7SGtu.gif (7MB, 720x396px) Image search: [Google]
xh7SGtu.gif
7MB, 720x396px
>>51620278
>>
File: u2rSYo2.jpg (718KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
u2rSYo2.jpg
718KB, 1920x1040px
In the FFG rpg, what exactly adds black (setback) dice for social checks? As a GM I want to be sure to be adding them properly for the people who took talents that mitigate them.
>>
File: asd62.jpg (342KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
asd62.jpg
342KB, 1920x1200px
>>51620434
Yeah, you're fucked. Grovel all you'd like, but it probably won't help.
>>
File: Die Wanna Wanga.jpg (29KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
Die Wanna Wanga.jpg
29KB, 400x601px
>>51620434
The Empire can't enslave your women folk if you've already sold them off.
>>
>>51620483

Poor hygiene, offensive or poorly maintained clothing, dealing with an unfamiliar segment of society.
>>
>>51620484
Yes, but we have a common ancestor which are the humans, and have a multicultural society which contains numerous xeno species. I could pass off as a Human.
>>
>>51620504
Bugger off wormhead, I'm no pervert.
>>
File: thrawn.jpg (37KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.jpg
37KB, 360x500px
>>51620756
>Common ancestor
Well, I hope the Thrawn's feeling charitable that d--
>multicultural
That's a parkin' for a Tarkin.
>>
>>51620801
What?! We have cooperated and lived peacefuly with xenos, including humans. There are also a sizable minority of hybrids (no, they aren't sterile. Thankfull due to our medical technology)/
>>
>>51620822
They are our friends. We also contain massive reserves of minerals, and accept refugees.
>>
>>51619846
my guess was that they deliberately chose an smg style weapon because most fights happen indoors, and unlike SMG bullets even pistol sized blaster bolts can penetrate armor, so they decided to make it standard
>>
>>51620282
its actually possible to turn down the empire if you arent deemed worth the trouble of blasting, bespin managed to maintain independance up until vader got involved
>>
>>51620822
We have a Constitutional Monarchy, and a military.
>>
>>51620434
The Empire has its faults for sure, but general stupidity isn't one of them. You're not going to be able to convince them you're a human when you're not if they subject you to anything more intensive than a cursory glance - and they will, if you're being considered for a leadership position.

You'll be stripped of any meaningful authority after the takeover is complete, and you'll be fortunate enough to even have a role in government during the Imperial regime, much less one of any real significance. If the local population is particularly intractable or the environment especially hazardous, they might keep you on in an advisory capacity. You'll need to be the epitome of a good servant though, because they'll have zero qualms about replacing you with a bootlicker.

The best thing you can do to retain some measure of powet is begin setting up secret and/or informal avenues of subversion. Don't outright foment rebellion, simply create special apparatuses that the Empire can't easily take from you, through which you can still exert some kind of influence. Being really wealthy or having command over a strategic industry is a good start.
>>
File: KhZC9hw.jpg (172KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
KhZC9hw.jpg
172KB, 1280x536px
Currency in Star Wars

This post is not canon. It's designed to fit into canon.

Imperial (formerly Republic) Credits.

Credits are fiat currency, backed only by the enormous wealth and stability of the core galactic economy. They come in chips (like poker chips, but rectangular) embedded with digital safeguards. Some of the higher denominations light up to show the Imperial symbol. Modern credits are nearly impossible to fake, and will detect false credits if placed edge-to-edge with one.

In a civilized system, computerized banking is normal. Further out, you have to carry stacks of chips with you.

Gold Kublars

Minted during the heyday of the Ardring Dominion, Gold Kublars are still used as the primary currency on many worlds. The Ardring are now extinct, but their fabled treasure-hordes live on in the memory of a thousand smugglers and vagabonds. Kublars are little wedges of gold, designed to fit into the vent-slits of Ardring legs. True Kublars are engraved on the nanoscopic level with Ardring battle-hymns and ancestor lists. False Kublars, of which there are many, are made of base metals.

Kyber Crystals
One of the more valuable gemstones. Basically, space diamonds, but with many practical uses. Few people know about their force sensitive ways, but local folklore might associate them with sorcery or mind-reading. Kyber crystals are cloudy and unremarkable, so if you don't know what you're looking for, you might mistake them for worthless quartz. Force-sensitive species instantly know false crystals from true ones. A piece of kyber the size of your fist could buy a starship on some worlds.
>>
>>51621067
Thank you. I didn't have a choice really, all our forces were in another star system helping patrol it for pirates. They showed up with three fucking praetors! THREE! Also,
>>51620822
Is this okay?
>>
>>51620949

So what is the difference in appearance or whatever if you pass as human? And what is your military like, starfighter dudes and honor guards or big ships too?
>>
>>51621130
>Is this okay?

I really doubt it, but it might come down to the planetary governor's particular attitude towards the matter. More likely than not, though, the Imperials are going to take a dim view of your enthusiasm for miscegenation. It's just going to make them all the more suspicious of your bona fide humans, as opposed to a more positive outlook on your integrated non-humans.
>>
>>51621128
Escoparian Platinum Credit Sheets

Are only about 2% platinum. Worthless anywhere but Escoparia, and next to worthless there as well. They can be rolled or folded. Their only interesting property is one of self assembly. Two sheets joined end to end become one larger sheet. Merchants used to carry rolls of them and cut off strips, like baking foil. Since the collapse of the Escoparian economy, money-changers the sheets as bags or pouches.

Ghoul Stones

Used on several hundred backwater worlds, ghoul stones are tiny grey rocks carved to resemble alien skulls. Or are they tiny skulls from some long-extinct race with stone skeletons? Hard to say. The Jedi tried to suppress their use. Some say there are whole breeding colonies on some forgotten world that are "mint" new Ghoul Stones.

Druggats

Druggats are a technocurrency. Each druggat is, effectively, a long sequence of numbers, supposedly representing a part of the blueprints of a vast superweapon from prehistory. If the weapon were ever assembled it could be used to extort the galaxy, and this gives the currency value. Few people know about this. Druggats contain crypto-checks and can't be faked. They are not accepted outside of the core worlds.
>>
>>51621128
in RPG, a kyber crystal small enough to fit in a lightsaber is 6000 credits, but can go as high as 10,000

in ANH, 10,000 credits can almost buy you your own spaceship

space diamonds is right, my next character should have a suit embedded with kyber crystals from head to toe
>>
>>51621231
Since we are in the outer rim, mostly starfighters, old republic gear, and we also found a Victory class for our navy which we repaired!
>>
Sort of relevant question but which would be more comfy- Imperial governor or equivalent within the system, leader or power player of a planet or sector (canon, legends, or reasonable OC), or your own merry space band?
>>
>>51621261

Wanna buy some deathsticks?

t. Sleazebango Sienar
>>
File: Blood-Diamond.jpg (68KB, 647x431px) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Diamond.jpg
68KB, 647x431px
>>51621128
>>51621244
This just gave me an idea for an EotE adventure hook.

Blood Kyber
>>
>>51621351
Read Shatterpoint, if you haven't.
>>
>>51621351
>CRIMINALS OF TATOOINE! THIS MANS PANTS ALONE CAN FEED YOU FOR AN ETERNITY!
>>
File: 1485924049594.png (315KB, 575x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485924049594.png
315KB, 575x500px
So if a PC uses bind on a stormtrooper and makes them helpless, and then they kill him while he is bound, should I give them conflict? I mean, the enemy is technically helpless and can't really do anything to defend himself.
>>
File: YtSUCsL.jpg (4MB, 2882x1936px) Image search: [Google]
YtSUCsL.jpg
4MB, 2882x1936px
>>51621239
Massage Tokens

It is said that the massages of the Jubalitorian Order on Telobar are the most delightful, spiritual experience a sentient being can enjoy. Each token represents a fraction of a second, and a vast hoard is required for a massage of any length. The Tyrant of Firenze paid his armies in these tokens, and they happily conquered six star systems for him.

Droids, apparently, also covet these tokens, for the droids that emerge from the blue marble halls of Telobar are /extremely/ relaxed.

Weirdcoins

Unremarkable brass coins save that, by some unknown trick, they only have one side. You can mark them and draw on them to prove it. They are nearly impossible to bend, but if you do, everything in a thirty meter radius is sucked messily into hyperspace. According to legend they were minted from the wreckage of an ancient ship lost in hyperspace. Superstitions captains keep a weirdcoin or two in their pockets to ensure safe hyperspace jumps.
>>
>>51621458
If they were in a larger firefight and had to quickly dispatch them, no, if the trooper was alone, yes.
>>
>>51621458
I think context should matter there. If its a close quarters fight where the Stormie is coming at them with intent to kill, then no.

If the PC just bushwhacks the guy and ends up killing him by accident, yes.
>>
Did that anon post pics of No Disintegrations?
>>
>>51621458
there is an element of context here

if the stormtrooper was clearly an asshole, and there is a clear need to keep him out, no way to quietly transport him only give a little conflict, since it is unpleasant but necessary

but if the poor guy is a conscript having a really bad day, and the party is planning on giving him an undignified executioner style blaster to the brain for the crime of being imperial, thats a lot of conflict, especially if there is even a small chance of an alternative
>>
>>51621244
Again, this is not canon, but I guess I was pretty close.

>>51621393
I laughed hard enough to scare my cat.

>>51621462

Transference Monks (1/2)

Very few people pay attention to the tall, red-robed creatures that trundle through their cities, speaking to no one, stopping nowhere, and eating nothing. They are scrupulously law-abiding, but they carry no documents. They walk like elongated humanoids, and they clearly have arms, but their robes and wrappings cover everything except a tiny metal eye-plate.

Transference monks are one of the wonders of the galaxy. They are very rare. They appear in cities and ports, linger for years, and then disappear.

If you know their language, you can make yourself a metal plaque with strange jagged lines on it. Present the plaque to a Transference Monk, speak a few words of their language (it sounds like trying to unclog your ear with an electric drill, but quieter), and then hand them money.

The Monk with accept the money and vanish.

At any point, if you ever meet another Transference Monk, you can present your plate again, speak some other words, and ask for any amount of money back. The Monk will wander off and, within a few hours, find you and give you your money back. And it is your money - you can check the fingerprints, if you want to.

Nobody knows how they do this.

If you read their mind with the Force, you'll find there isn't one. If you try and disrobe one, they'll break your arm casually, from the shoulder to the fingertips, like squeezing a tube of toothpaste.

Shoot one, and they die, then burst into bright white flames that leave only ash behind. Capture one and after a few hours they immolate as well, this time explosively.

Scholars speculate that they are natural Hyperspace users, or possibly relics of some long-dead civilization, but nobody really knows.
>>
>>51621239
I really like the idea of Druggats
>>
File: 1279154289627.jpg (2MB, 2264x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1279154289627.jpg
2MB, 2264x1476px
>>51621578

Transference Monks (2/2)

If you die, your coins stay with the Monks. If you present the body (at least 80% of it, including wherever the thinking bits go), and the carved metal plate, you can - perhaps - collect the coins the dead man deposited.

Learning of the existence of the Transference Monks is valuable. Learning how to use them has made many smugglers rich. It's a secret worth killing for.

Learning the location of Rexalos Vidlar's tomb and his metal plate is worth invading a system for. Rexalos' vast wealth was never found. His palace was completely empty, his coffers contained nothing but traps and droid-assassins. He was so wealthy that even a thousand thieves splitting his wealth a thousand ways would have been too rich to disguise. It must have gone /somewhere/, right?
>>
>>51621654
>>51621578
I dig this because its some Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu weirdness.
>>
File: 1464332699084.jpg (242KB, 1094x820px) Image search: [Google]
1464332699084.jpg
242KB, 1094x820px
>>51621598
Thanks.
>>51621654

Fantos

Minted on Fantos, these coins are worth about a tenth of a credit on some worlds, but if you find the right money changer, they can be worth up to two credits each.

This is because Grondo the Hutt is buying up all the Fantos he can get his fat little hands on. He plans to flood Fantos' markets with the coins, cause utter economic havoc, and purchase the world outright. He's very patient and very old. 99% of all Fantos that leave the planet make have made their way to him.

They're small, laquer-coated flat rings, like donuts mashed into a resin. Rodians use them as sex toys. Don't ask how.

Banking House of Roil Kane Credits

Unremarkable fiat currency, save that they self-accrue interest. Moneychangers hate them because they never, ever break into even amounts. Moneychangers also love them because they can make a small fortune through rounding errors and extra fees.

Oracle Markers

A currency that is now virtually worthless. Six centuries ago, the coins were backed by access to the Oracle of Zis, who could accurately answer any question about the future, up to twenty-six hours in advance. Obviously people made a killing on the stock market and disappeared into paradoxes, but the currency flourished. Then the Oracle choked on a bruinmelon and died. The markers are very nice to look at, and you might be able to trick a yokel into thinking they're worth something on another world.
>>
>>51621712
Star Wars is a setting with lots of room for weirdness.

>>51621800

Anyway, that's all the currencies I have for now. Hopefully someone finds them useful.
>>
>>51621261
>retrofitted Imperial tech of unknown origin, probably stolen.

Yeah, your new masters are gonna scuttle that. And they'll most likely disband your existing security forces, or absorb elements of it into the Imperial military stationed there. They don't need to have an amateur militia stepping on their toes or supplying insurrectionists.

Quite literally the first thing the Empire will do during the restructuring is create an absolute monopoly on organized force.

Start hiding arms now.
>>
File: Trandoshan_NEGAS.png (1MB, 1115x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Trandoshan_NEGAS.png
1MB, 1115x1518px
>>51615909
So I'm working on a new D6 character and I've come across something I don't know that answer to. Do Trandoshans have last names?
>>
File: blood-sisters-15_8a5f6941.jpg (858KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blood-sisters-15_8a5f6941.jpg
858KB, 1280x720px
>>51622206
>D6
>>
>>51622206
>Trandoshan
Sometimes. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gha_Nachkt
>>
>>51622027
That would be after taking total control of the media/news reports, so they can issue their propaganda.
>>
>>51622306
HA HA TIME FOR COMPNOR!
>>
>>51616505
This. Fuck Boba Fett. Guy got fucked up by a blind dude.
>>
>>51616647
None of that is in a movie. It's a bullshit.
>>
>>51622463
What do you mean it wasn't in a movie? What part of that wasn't in a movie?
>>
>>51622463
The lightside isn't in the movies so I guess that's bullshit to? Same as Ventress and cool Grievous and a bunch of other things dumbass autist.
>>
>>51622569

They never specifically mention 'light', but they do talk about the good and the bad sides of the force.
>>
>>51622569
>>51622549
>>51622463
>>51622446
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the Star Wars thread!
>>
So here's an old post from 2015, but its heartwarming as hell about Stackpole and Rogue Squadron.

Didn't realize The Krytos Trap knocked Steven King off the top of the Bestseller list.

http://www.michaelastackpole.com/?p=3567
>>
>>51622589
I'll concede to that.

How do I make the party's patron more likeable/memorable? They're not often face to face with him, should I just have him holovid in every so often to check in/have him instruct the party to keep him updated?
>>
File: tumblr_mmrn77oZfF1s5nxpvo4_1280.jpg (342KB, 800x925px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmrn77oZfF1s5nxpvo4_1280.jpg
342KB, 800x925px
>>51622625
Need a little more info. What hooks does he have in the party? Why is he their patron?
>>
File: 1486440796067.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1486440796067.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
What would cause a Yub Yub to fall to the darkside?
>>
>>51618288
Palpy had that in the Clones, and in Canon, no Stormtrooper ever defected. At least while he was alive.
He had loyalty pretty well-ingrained. He didn't count on the magical power of love to beat the Dark Side that was corrupting lil' babby Anakin.
>>
>>51622752
My party is all recruited from /swg/ so here's to hoping they're not browsing right now.

He no longer has any *explicit* hooks in the party. They've worked off the debt on their ship, but he's implied that they still may or may not owe him some sort of allegiance for being so good to them. He does, in fact, have plenty of job opportunities for them. He's an eccentric kind of fellow with a strong (if open to interpretation) sense of justice. They're currently doing a job for a bigger crime lord on his behalf in order to build up his rep.

>>51622874
The tantalizing lure of Leia's animal crackers.
>>
>>51618948
Also, by that time in Jedi, Palpy KNEW where they were. It's mentioned they know about "Rebel fleet massing near Sullust."
He's just keeping up appearances that he's hunting them down, all the while feeding them the information that will lure them into his "brilliant" trap that gets spoiled by fucking teddy bears.
>>
>>51622874
You can't fall to a level you are already at.
>>
>>51622895
>My party is all recruited from /swg/ so here's to hoping they're not browsing right now.

Fat chance, but let's go with it.

So he's basically their boss, but he doesn't pay them. He just finds opportunities and gets a cut. That means he's not really their boss. He's a team member. The bank. The brains of the operation. The guy who sets up the heists.

So let him give them a few easy victories. Cheap little events that aren't cakewalks but that don't have any serious cost. Throw a party. Serve food. Have the patron bring a dish cooked specially for one of the weird alien party members. He really tried his best to make Yeggis. >>51605675

But for this relationship to work, he has to get something, and the PCs have to get something, and both of them can't easily get it anywhere else.

Give him a few quirks too. He keeps rare flowers. He dotes on his pet Rancor (named Mindy). He is genuinely concerned if anyone is injured, and asks after their wounds as they heal. He sends them postcards if he travels offworld.
>>
File: casting35final1500.jpg (494KB, 1500x561px) Image search: [Google]
casting35final1500.jpg
494KB, 1500x561px
>>51622874
The same things that would tempt any vicious, predatory, unsympathetic barbarian.

Just 'cause they're cute doesn't mean they aren't mini murderhobo/Conans.
>>
>>51622569
But they do in TFA
>>
File: darksouls2.jpg (302KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2.jpg
302KB, 1280x720px
How does one properly relay to a party of Jedi that the world they're visiting is dying? Not a big, violent, flashy death like a BDZ, but a slow decay? And what is a good way to give players the feeling that the world and its people want to move on in peace, but are kept from doing so by the Dark Side?
>>
>>51623015
If anyone is Force-sensitive, just have them get a creeping feeling of dread that death is all around and approaching at all times and they have to investigate why they feel that way.
If not, have them find some ancient tablets with messages like "I fucking told them global warming was real!"
>>
File: 1269833326124.jpg (101KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
1269833326124.jpg
101KB, 394x500px
>>51623015
Most of the buildings are empty shells. There are grand avenues that no one uses. People perform strange rituals by the light of the stars and the sickly grey moon. They monitor the graves of the dead closely, listening for scratching and whispers. They treat outsiders with suspicion or total apathy. Children stare into the sun until they are half blind, as a pastime. Brawls become violent to the point of obscenity over trivial things. A man casually bludgeons another to death in an alley.

Rebellion or Imperial propaganda is half-heated. You can see where the graffiti artist gave up.

http://dungeonofsigns.blogspot.ca/2017/01/in-city-at-night.html
>>
>>51622224
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
File: sith lord cocona.webm (3MB, 322x240px) Image search: [Google]
sith lord cocona.webm
3MB, 322x240px
>>51623015
Make sure that nothing that happens on that world feels passionate. The locals know the planet is dying, whether they consciously realize it or not, and as a result they feel they have no real stake at what goes on on the planet. Around space ports and other foreign areas, you meet people with goals and aspirations, but anywhere else, no matter what the players do, there's no real sense of change or accomplishment.
>>
File: 1460238956965.jpg (587KB, 1850x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1460238956965.jpg
587KB, 1850x1041px
>>51623217
Or the passions are petty, vindictive, and pointless. A mother breaks her child's fingers for speaking out of turn. Someone drops a stone on the PCs, just to see what happens, and watches the result with disinterest. Arguments sometimes turn violent or just boil away.

Depressants are everywhere. Bars are quiet and sorrowful. Brothels are closed, but for a few hundred credits, you can buy a slave from one of their relatives and do whatever you want with them.
>>
>>51623263
That's pretty heavy, man.
>>
>>51623090
>>51623217
>>51623263
I-I kind of want to run a session on a planet like that, now. What would be some good NPCs for that?

I'm thinking a Rebel commander who is built up for a few sessions before they visit the planet as a Gurren Lagann type filled with hot-blooded determination, but who became quite and merciless after being stationed on the planet. Then, the Imperial governor of the planet is this apathetic bureaucrat who spends most of his day quietly watching observing the local witch hunts he was meant to root out. Perhaps a cult that worships the Dark Side indirectly, as well?
>>
>>51623375
Well, I mean, it depends on the tone of your game. Space Opera needs to have the dark bits so the PCs can make them better.
>>
>>51622976
This is fantastic advice, thank you so much anon.

>Yeggis
I was praying that would be left in that thread, buried for all eternity.
>>
File: Duke of Blood.jpg (102KB, 830x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Duke of Blood.jpg
102KB, 830x1000px
>>51623405
No problem.

And learn to embrace the Yeggis. At least humanoids can eat it. Compared to "Ammonia Delight with Extra Flakes" or "Graungchy-Pops", it's a pleasant delight.
>>
>>51623447
Nothing like a good Graungchy-Pop to stave off the hunger on those cold Glorptooine nights.
>>
File: 1481054203530.jpg (9KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
1481054203530.jpg
9KB, 261x195px
>>51623404
Death, yet the Force. A Jedi needs to learn that sometimes, death is preferable to life. Especially if life means perpetual agony, perfectly aware of your rot yet unable to change.
>>
File: nuclear_power_49.jpg (26KB, 680x546px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear_power_49.jpg
26KB, 680x546px
>>51623467
It also staves of haunch-rot, insects, anything with a boiling point over thirty degrees Celsius...

Really, it's a wonder you can buy them on the open market. If you strap five to a thermal detonator you get a bomb known as the "Graunchy Surprise"

It's very surprising.
>>
>>51623385
NPCs for this setting are really, really easy, to be honest. It's not very complex.

Just take a positive attribute and tarnish it, or dilute it, or just add a ton of casual brutality and no reason to live but habit.
>>
File: 1473536482345.jpg (239KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
1473536482345.jpg
239KB, 1044x770px
>>51623467
>>51623512
Don't you bring that Graungchy-Pop rubbish here, there's a reason they're banned in twelve systems.
>>
File: squid ghost.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
squid ghost.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>51623506
I'm pretty sure the Light Side would want me to do anything to save my loved ones, even if it means drowning the galaxy in blood.
>>
>>51623564
Well, they're mandatory in twelve other systems.

Air-breathing elitist.

And they come in such delicious flavours, like Silicates, Melon-Olefin, Six, and "Turbolaser Blend - with Extra Ozone".
>>
>>51623564
The taboo only makes the flavour all the more explosive.
>>
File: grossly incandescent.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
grossly incandescent.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>>51623553
And to keep things from getting too depressing, it's probably alright to throw the party a bone and give them one or two proper, genuine bro-tier NPCs. After all, this is still Star Wars.
>>
Okay, so I may have painted myself into a corner with my RPGs here

I made up a bunch of mook Rebels that are basically terrorists to get in the way of the PCs, only thing is the PCs want to investigate them and maybe get them to join together.

What are some hooks I can use here? I was thinking our Diplomat could find out his family (also senators and went missing a few years ago) could be puppet-mastering the whole thing, but I need to do better than that
>>
File: 1448898823091.png (948KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1448898823091.png
948KB, 1024x724px
>>51623622

Or a proper Innocent or two, as convention requires. Some gem you can pluck from the mass of shit.
>>
>>51622876

Should have extended that to his officers.
>>
What do people think about "villain cutaway scenes?"

For example, before game starts, the GM says
>"A dark figure approaches a dais and kneels. You can see little of his face, but the flesh is dark and scarred, as if by acid. The air is cold."

>"You have failed me," the hologram says, as it flickers into life.

>"I understand."

>"Do you?" The hologram mocks. "These rebels are a cancer at the heart of my Empire. Cut them down. All of them."

>The hologram fades and the dark figure rises, revealing - to no one's shock - the Inquisitor the you fought last session. He strides from the room, practically glowing with anger.

Basically, giving the players access to thematic scenes their PCs could not possibly observe.
>>
Thinking about this list for my first tournament:

Whisper: advanced cloaking device, fire control system, tactician, veteran instincts

2x Delta Squadron Pilot: /x7

That's only 97 points. Any recommendations? I can buy anything I need.
>>
>>51623898
I know this answer is vague, but it depends on your group. If your players are more story driven, they'll eat it up, but if they are more gamist, they maybe be bored by it or use it as OOC knowledge
>>
>>51618495
>>51618522
>>51618576
based
>>
File: 1453628479833.png (594KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
1453628479833.png
594KB, 768x512px
Got any strange cults in your games or in obscure bits of canon, Force users or not? Ancient religions that don't involve "traditional" aspects from the movies?
>>
>>51624357

The visual guide to Rogue One has an entire page on the various cults running around Jedha.
>>
Why is all of the art of Selonians so fucking bad?
>>
>>51624357
I dunno about "ancient," but I had my players encounter a planet that deified Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan as Gonjinn and his son Wan, Protectors of Kalshuum. It was part of game set a few months after Thrawn's defeat, as the New Republic makes an effort to get in touch with planets that fell off the map.
>>
File: haa4elekpk9y.jpg (379KB, 2200x1319px) Image search: [Google]
haa4elekpk9y.jpg
379KB, 2200x1319px
>>51624443
Fair enough!
>>
>>51623898
I do this all the time, writing little vignettes for the group to read and consume throughout the week before the game. I use it to ratchet up tension by letting them know, OOC, what is happening in the game world around their characters.

I typically write about meetings between the most important antagonists (say, Vader, Tarkin, Palpatine) or the rivals chasing them directly (ISB agents, bounty hunters).
>>
>>51623898
Sounds fine to me, and it also assures me as a player that the GM has a plot.

That said for a Star Wars RPG I prefer sessions start in medias res. So before the hologram dress down I'd want the GM to handout some premade character sheets for a few soon to be very dead rebel red shirts that get killed by the bbg and his henchmen as a prologue to the campaign.
>>
File: cIdnjzA.gif (5MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
cIdnjzA.gif
5MB, 320x232px
>>51624452
You have SafeSearch on?

Wey hey!
>>
File: statue.gif (466KB, 245x188px) Image search: [Google]
statue.gif
466KB, 245x188px
>>51624459
Classic. Did they also have a statue?

>>51624488
Yeah, it's more of a "after the first few sessions" thing. A break between acts, if you will.
>>
>>51624509
>Classic. Did they also have a statue?
Statues *and* murals depicting their heroic deeds, both real and made up. Since the natives made the statues from their memories of the events, both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's statues look completely embarrassed.
>>
>>51623898
I'm not a fan, feels too much like trying to emulate film in a medium that very much is not film.
>>
>>51620483
Say you're a band of scruffy smugglers or mercs. If you're trying to diplomacy a fancy nobleman in his palace, that's gonna be at least 2 black dice. If you try to entertain him in the nerf-juice and caf stained lounge of your YT, 3 probably.
>>
>>51623898

I've had it done well by a GM once before but he left the players involved. Mostly via establishing a council of villains, giving each PC a personal stake with one of them and having the players play their personal villain during council meetings (With the GM in charge of the boss above them).
>>
File: peter-boehme-02-insectoids.jpg (374KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
peter-boehme-02-insectoids.jpg
374KB, 1600x900px
>>51624533
Oh, that is excellent. They don't understand human facial expressions or body language.

>"The sacred Gonjinn would eat nothing, not even our delicious brackla-water, and refused the charms of even our most amorous and willing sex-drones!"
>"Ah! He often did the thing you do now, with the face crunching together, like it is folded. It is a sign of great wisdom, but we cannot perform it, for our exoskeletons are inflexible."
>"Truly, they were gods."
>"Surely you must know of the fine Jedi tradition of 'Goin Off To Bee Sik' after witnessing a tribal war/copulation display?"
>>
>>51623646
Anyone?
>>
File: gj20n3bqpk9y.jpg (411KB, 2200x1310px) Image search: [Google]
gj20n3bqpk9y.jpg
411KB, 2200x1310px
>>51623646
>>51624641
Going to need to tell us slightly more, like who your PCs are and what they are doing, if you want.

Otherwise, uh, setting and tone discussions with your players are good. So is going with the ideas of the group and adapting quickly.
>>
>>51624669

Okay, the PC's have been recruited to the very earliest form of the Rebellion by Bail Organa. They've been given a corvette and sent to a world in the Colonies with a mandate to build up resources.

In the party:
>Pantoran Diplomat whose parents went missing, he wants to recruit as many people to combat the empire
>Bothan Gambler masquerading as our intel agent. He sold his daughter to Black Sun to pay off his Gambling Debts back in the day.
>Droid Gunslinger. Watched a lot of 'western' style holovids and wanted to emulate the heroic characters. The family he was servants for were arrested for sedition.
>Mon Cal Medic whose commando squad was found butchered on an iceberg and he's become increasingly irritant.

I introduced a group described as extremist rebels who were initially meant to just be thorns in their side but they're actually going to try to recruit them.
>>
File: 1486426676005.jpg (355KB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
1486426676005.jpg
355KB, 1920x834px
>>51624727
Well of course they're going to recruit them. It's their job!

One of the hardest resources to get is people willing to die for your cause.

So yeah, recruit them. Join them, and modify their goals. Use them for constructive purposes. Make it a rebellion, not a war. No need to complicate the situation with character backstories and all that.
>>
>>51623646
Pull a Saw Gerrera and have the basically-terrorist-Rebels be way too extreme in their methods. Have them ask the PCs for assistance doing something like procuring ordnance or stealing a freighter, or both.

Then, they pack the ordnance on the freighter and ram it into a kilometer-high cloudscraper.

Or, if they're smart, they figure that out ahead of time and try to stop it.
>>
>>51624727
They're extremists right?

The Players recruit them, but they don't stop being extremists. They blow missions, they go too far, they draw the wrong kind of flak. That, or they view the party as too soft and refuse to cooperate on all but the biggest missions.
>>
So I've come to the realization that I have no idea how space piracy in Star Wars works.

You enter hyperspace from nearby a planet, presumably close enough that PDF is still a deterrent. You travel through the safety of hyperspace until you reach your destination planet, also probably close enough that PDF is a deterrent. The only time you'd stop is to change directions on your jump; except for at those few junctions, where in the galaxy do pirates attack people?

Unless I'm totally wrong about hyperspace jumping.
>>
>>51624727
Let me get this straight, you really have:
>Blue Leia
>Furry asshole with a dark past
>Insane robot
>Fishman serial killer

And the EXTREMISTS are what you're worrying about?
>>
>>51624756
>>51624775

Players have already been told this group follows the teachings of Saw Guererra if that helps.

The question now becomes how they do it.

>>51624761
That actually sounds like a great idea.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (761KB, 925x1400px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
761KB, 925x1400px
>>51624820
Those times you change directions? You travel short distances in realspace for that. Those are the chokepoints where pirates lay in wait.
>>
>>51624839
How big would a hyperspace junction like that be?

Do Imperials only patrol the ones in the inner core?
>>
File: Vader.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Vader.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51624820
Planets with no PDF.

Hyperspace nodes in deep space.

Recharge times on long trips.

Interdictiors.

Cheap interdictiors.

>>51624830

Dude. Show, don't tell.

Your words mean nothing unless the PCs see what "extremist" means and why that's a bad idea. Putting a label on them doesn't do much, story-wise.
>>
>>51624830
I did the same thing with my group. Instead of stopping it, they used the devastation of space 9/11 as a distraction to infiltrate the COMPNOR Arcology on Coruscant.

Unfortunately, a double-agent in the extremist cell sold them out. The ISB planted false intel for the PCs to find, and that's how they accidentally caused the downfall of the Rebellion.
>>
>>51624826
>I personally dislike your campaign so I'm going to be unhelpful the post
>>
>>51624880
I already gave my advice, I just made a separate shitpost for the lulz.
>>
>>51624892
Okay, I just really like my players, they're some weird characters but they're a lot of fun, no memes at all, and know their shit when it comes to star wars.

Though I will give you Blue Leia. I can't believe I didn't catch that before
>>
>>51624727
Why would a gambler be allowed in the rebellion? Or an unshackled droid for that matter. I am sure some rebel cells would use those guys but not Bail Organa.
>>
>>51624977
The gambler has a knack for buying and selling information. He's also amazing at computers, and has rebel sympathies.

As for the droid? You could say the same of K2. And yet Mon AND Bail used him.
>>
File: Oh wait....gif (840KB, 250x173px) Image search: [Google]
Oh wait....gif
840KB, 250x173px
>>51624977
Yeah, I can't imagine how that would happen. Letting an gambler and potential traitor into the Rebellion, let alone in a critical capacity. It would be ridiculous.
>>
File: B3L93R4.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
B3L93R4.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>51624924
Don't let these jerks get to you. Those are some decent PCs.

Now, you just need to show them the mess they've started. Don't penalize them, but give them plenty of options. If they want to try and reach into the fire, let them.
>>
>>51625080
>K-OHN is saving up for a processor upgrade so that he can begin to understand the nature of spirituality.

That's some cool stuff, daddio.
>>
>>51625080
They're already investigating a pirate gang as an information network.

Unfortunately their only contact has tasked them with storming a prison to get prisoners back so he can set up a meeting, so they're not very gung-ho about that.
>>
>>51625117
I bet there's an asshole merchant who's convinced him that there really is such an upgrade, for an exorbitant price. K-OHN is making regular payments.
>>
File: force-push-o.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
force-push-o.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51625120
Oooh! You know who would be totally gung ho about storming a prison?

Fanatical rebel terrorists!

Do you know who has experience with demolitions, infiltration, sabotage, bribery, and threats?

Fanatical rebel terrorists!

No wonder the PCs are buddying up. They've outplayed you.
>>
>>51625151
Until the fanatical terrorists release ALL the prisoners, including mass-murderers, etc, starting a huge crime and murder wave
>>
>>51625192
Also good!

"Citizens, the Empire cannot protect you! Through their own incompetence, they have allowed MURDERERS and RAPISTS and FLANGE-RUSTLERS to roam our streets! Rise up, and reclaim your government!"

Or words to that effect.

Mass murderers can, potentially, be weaponized. Give 'em a gun and no intel, fill their brains with propaganda, and send them at their (now) hated foe.
>>
File: snidely_whiplash.jpg (48KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
snidely_whiplash.jpg
48KB, 420x315px
>>51625151
>>51625192
It'd be some advantage to the rebels having some hardcore, prison shanking mean dudes to help, but the side effect would also be a bit like the Americans when they released all the 'political prisoners' of Italy during WW2... who also just happened to be Mafioso (and other scurrilous types) and never really stopped doing what they do
>>
>>51625309
Well, yeah. Obiviously. And the Imperials will crack down even harder, and the gangs will do terrible things, and it will be a wonderful mess of a plot.

That's how you explain "these people are dangerous." That's the "tell" part.
>>
>>51624855
As big as the size of the plot. And the Imperials patrol the ones your PCs AREN'T at, unless they're wanted by the Empire.
>>
>>51625151
>they've outplayed you
>>
File: Get out there you.gif (3MB, 758x420px) Image search: [Google]
Get out there you.gif
3MB, 758x420px
>>51625372
Indeed.

Time to outplay them back.
>>
File: Them damn rebels.jpg (70KB, 622x415px) Image search: [Google]
Them damn rebels.jpg
70KB, 622x415px
>>51625337
If they can extract 'favours' from the crims before cutting them loose, 50-50 on them actually holding to that oath, it might be not as terrible
My guys have done prison breaks in the past and its always ended up like some kind of mad fucking riot with lots of criminals kicking in business doors, getting drunk and eventually killed off in a massive retaliation from the Empire sending in 1000's of stormtroopers.

If they get a bit more picky about their targets, hitting actual concentration camps where insurgents are held for processing by the Empire, that is generally a lot better result. But sometimes harder as the Empire kind of expects rebels to attack those kinds of places.
>>
>>51625399
Oh I've got quite a lot of things to outplay them with. They're all on the same (wrong) page. Just this extremist thing threw me for a loop.

Like, shit, I just had these guys as mooks to get in your way, and now I have to come up with backstories and shit for them.
>>
I need some stuff to get me in the mood for running some Star Wars, what's the pulpiest shit you can give me?
>>
File: jedi prince.jpg (412KB, 936x950px) Image search: [Google]
jedi prince.jpg
412KB, 936x950px
>>51626037
>>
>>51626086
>Glove of Darth Vader legitimately has a fantastic cover
>>
>>51626137
They all have great covers. Hell even the interiors are great. Aside from 3 and 4, they even have okay titles, to boot.
>>
File: Star's_End_Cover.jpg (355KB, 976x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Star's_End_Cover.jpg
355KB, 976x1600px
>>51626037
>>51626086
In addition to Jedi Prince, I can't recommend the Han Solo Adventures and Lando Calrissian Adventures enough.
>>
>>51621578
I really like all these ideas. There is one currency from the old canon that you didn't cover: Nova crystals.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nova_crystal
They are sort of like Latium from Star Trek: A raw material that can be found throughout the galaxy and finds use as currency because of its material value. It seems to have a lot of different technical applications. Nova crystals are explosive unless they're pressed in inert material. They made it into new canon with rebels because apparently Ezra mentioned them once.
>>51626086
>Queen of the Empire
Wouldn't that just be an empress?
>>
>>51626335

Lost City of the Jedi legitimately sounds like something that Pablo would want to recanonize
>>
>>51626374
At first I read that as "Lust City of the Jedi"

I would read that
>>
>>51626360
No, it's like the emperors bitch except he don't want that bitch up on his level, so he calls her queen.
>>
>>51626377

where's that anon who basically wrote force pushes as akin to sex

Lets get them to write it
>>
>>51626380
That's basically what it says in the Dark Book of Imperial Judgement.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Book_of_Imperial_Justice
>>
>>51626386
>that anon who basically wrote force pushes as akin to sex
what
>>
>>51626389
I didn't even know that shit existed, I was just making a joke. Holy fuck.
>>
>>51626401
It was a couple threads ago. Some anon wrote force pushing as these deeply sensual and emotional encounter for both people where you both end up on an adrenaline high afterwards
>>
Any of you got links to pdfs of Legends books?
>>
>>51621458
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Just to chime in during battle the tactic when used during large fights I'd say no, but the Jedi are not supposed to kill, if the stormtrooper could of just been KO'd during a small fight I'd say at least 4-6, if they are sneaking up trying to get past a lone stormtrooper on guard, thats 10+ conflict enemy or not. A jedi might even suggest that just knocking out the target is all thats required to another PC who will just blast the target instead.
>>
>>51626463
http://www.hungry-ewok.ru/sw/all_books.htm
>>
>>51623898
you should include one of my favorite villains to use in swRPG just a competent Imperial captain, not one of the brainless fanatics that get pushed through the ranks due to his fanatasism but a true hearted imperial someone who genuinely belives in the empire. Someone that has a grudge against the rebels.

a competent comander is a scary one
>>
anybody got any pics or scans of the gear section of no disintegrations yet?
>>
>>51626819
disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
>>51619846
>way too big to be effective at CQC

I wish I had that gif from the Genndy clone wars which proves this wrong.
>>
>>51626519

not that anon, but OH BABY

>>51626832

Can you point me to said pics as well my cock sucking friend?
>>
>>51626998
always check the pastebin, anon
>>
>>51626519
>they have the ryder windham CYOA books

mother of god yes
>>
>>51627044

Nice, and to top it off I found out I suck cock too.
>>
>>51626892
Genndy Wars made them quite a bit more compact looking than their film and TCW portrayals.
>>
Jury rigged auto fire
>>
>>51624062
Throw rebel captive on whisper, it'll punish your opponents for shooting at her and make them think twice
>>
File: Light-Repeater_negwt.jpg (65KB, 1024x460px) Image search: [Google]
Light-Repeater_negwt.jpg
65KB, 1024x460px
>>51627471
My favorite combo on a light repeater. Blaster rifles are overrated
>>
Dakka the Hutt:

Hutt Shell Armor (Soak 3, Defense 2, Encumbrance 5; Hard Points 0/4; Merr-Sonn Hands Free Weapon Mount, Superior, Vacuum Sealed).

Shoulder-mounted Light Repeating Blaster (Encumbrance 4; Hard Points 0/4; Armor-mounted, Stripped down attachment).

This doesn't give us a lot of encumbrance left to play with, as he'll likely only achieve Brawn 4 (and Agility 2) until he's leveled up (don't ask how he afforded the armor...). But we can give him a backpack! This gives him +4 encumbrance threshold. Let's imagine the backpack is part of his shoulder-monted Repeating Blaster loadout, containing ammo or something. Add then some load-bearing gear, for a further +3 encumbrance threshold. It can be a cool combat vest on top of his awesome armor.

Now for some more awesome!

Two Wrist-mounted (i.e, armor integrated) Heavy Blaster Pistols (Encumbrance 4; Hard Points 0/3; Paired, Wrist-mounted).

For close combat, we want to use his awesome Brawn score, but also stack something with his armor's high defense, and we don't care at all about his hands not being free, because he can use his guns anyhow. So we have (ofc fully kitted out with serrated edge and monofilament, and a magnetic weapon tether so he doesn't risk dropping it):

Czerka "Czerhander" VX Vibro-Greatsword (Melee; Damage +3; Crit 1; Encumbrance 4; Hard Points 0/3; Defensive 1, Pierce 4, Quick Draw, Vicious 3

We've now pushed over his encumbrance treshold by one, but he'll be a Heavy and have Burly, so that's not a problem. Here we have it, the galaxy's most pimped Hutt gunlugger. But he'll desperately need a slave who can tinker with his equipment. Err...and money to buy it all to begin with...the armor alone'll set him back 30 000 credits, and the rest of the stuff around 10 000, not counting the almost-necessary slave.
>>
>>51629459
Why'd you copypaste a post from the forums?
>>
>>51629466
To remind this thread what a quality post looks like since lately these threads have been shit.
>>
>>51629459
A utility belt gives +1 Encumbrance and is dirt cheap.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1012KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1012KB, 500x281px
Fun meme list or garbage?

TIE Advanced: Tempest Squadron Pilot (21)
Cluster Missiles (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Cluster Missiles (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Cluster Missiles (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
Cluster Missiles (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Accuracy Corrector (0)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --
>>
>>51629558
A good post generally starts a discussion instead of blurting out info and leaving it but I guess I can appreciate the effort.
>>
I'm working on a 4-humours themed characterisation for the Clone army. Basically all of the clones are given marginally different nutrient supplies as well as learning environments in order to create naturally occurring 4-man teams during their developmental phase. These traits manifest in random amounts and leadership/elitismis handled at a delegate level.

>Choleric
Prone to insubordination, off the battlefield. But in combat much more likely to lead the charge and engage in suicidal acts of heroism. (Basically whenever you see a clone charging into weapon fire or voluntarily taking on a lightsaber weilder)

>Melancholic
Prone to self-isolation and an inability to integrate with fellow clones. Self actualising. Disinclined to agree with the consensus. (Specialists, lone operators, defectors)

>Sanguine
Less effective in frontline roles but unparalleled when it comes to coordination and support roles. (Mostly pilots, medics etc.)

>Pleghmatic
Adaptive and generally good under pressure. Less prone to breaking the rules. (The standard trooper)

So, thoughts?
>>
>>51629558
>quality
>not WEG
But honestly it's pretty alright,
>>
Who else is enjoying the murder boat that is the bat-wing?
>>
>>51630515
What is a batwing?
>>
>>51630566
When your sack gets stuck to your leg because of sweat.
>>
>>51625128
Reminder: taking money from droids is like picking it up off the ground.

Property doesn't own anything.
>>
>>51629646
Both
>>
File: IMG_7411.png (534KB, 700x649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7411.png
534KB, 700x649px
>>51630566
>>
>>51626419
Yeah he was explaining the difference between. Throwing a rock and literally ripping the life from someone. It was hot.
>>
File: Twilightreb.jpg (87KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Twilightreb.jpg
87KB, 640x428px
So I previously asked /co/ this and I wanted to hear your thoughts

While I understand why the Alliance would later opt for other, superior ships, why hasn't the Alliance use TIE Fighters more in its early history? I mean, if a good portion (if not most) of your early Starfighter Corps are Imperial defectors, they should be more accustomed to the TIE Fighter than the R-22, Z-95, etc. Heck, when the Rebels hijack Imperial vessels (like the TIE carrier in the show, they should come with at least a partial complement of TIEs.
I remember Star Wars: Empire comic showed them once but it wasn't brought up since.
Speaking of, I could dig a miniature for X-Wing of these TIEs since Sabine's TIE gives Rebel TIE Fighters. Just give some generic pilot cards
>>
>>51631469
Because the rebels have fewer pilots so they're more concerned with making sure they survive to fight multiple battles.
>>
>>51631469
>why hasn't the Alliance use TIE Fighters more in its early history?
Because the Rebels didn't have capital ships that could carry fighters to their destination.
They needed their fighters to have their own hyperdrives so that they could fly into a system, make a quick strike, and get out all on their own because they were a small terrorist organization who couldn't invest in large-scale ships that could really take the Empire on toe-to-toe.
That and they didn't have the manpower to man TIE swarms like the Empire did.
>>
File: Twilight_Squadron_vs_TIEs.jpg (58KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_Squadron_vs_TIEs.jpg
58KB, 640x284px
Poster from >>51631469
Another pic
>>
>>51631469
Probably because they value the life of their pilots. The one advantage that the rebellion has over the empire is that their fighters are better and have hyperdrives/lifesupport so they can function without a carrier or stations. Even in the beginning rebels would probably lose ever engagement against the empire if they tried to pit their ties agaisnt the far numerically superior Imperial ties.
>>
>>51631469

It is a mixture of reasons.

First, doctrine. TIEs are inherently tied to their carrier or base, limiting their range. On the offensive, this requires you to risk a carrier vessel to deploy them into a fight and then extract them at the end.

The TIE also lacks flexibility in its mission roles. It lacks the hardpoints to carry additional weaponry, and the sensor suite (while ideally suited for engaging starfighters) doesn't lend itself to anything else. Even the most monopurpose Rebel fighter, the A-Wing, could be used for recon with its sensor suite, and also could carry missiles to threaten larger targets.

Early Rebellion cells would have also lacked the ability to reliably obtain spare parts. Other fighters, such as the R-22 and Z-95 could easily be obtained and provisioned, and would arose less suspicion on the move than a bunch of TIEs.
>>
>>51631469
>I mean, if a good portion (if not most) of your early Starfighter Corps are Imperial defectors, they should be more accustomed to the TIE Fighter than the R-22, Z-95, etc.
In the Ahsoka book she talks about how the empire still operates clone-war era materiel out in the rim, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trained for Z-95s as well as TIEs.
>>
>>51631678

I believe it's still canon that Incom uses the same control scheme for their single-seaters at least, so anybody who knows how to fly a T-16 knows how to fly a Z, knows how to fly an X, etc.
>>
What are some smaller Imperial cruisers/carriers? Somewhere in the range of maybe 50-100 crew, carrying max 6 fighters.
>>
>>51632302

Gozanti typically has rack space for 4, Arquitens has rack space for like 3. A Pocket Carrier CR90 might hold 6+ with the right mods, but that's not factory, obviously.
>>
>>51632302
A converted Blockade Runner? And if you're slick, you can mount two more fighters to some escape pod hatches, and call yourselves pirates.
>>
>>51632302
You can never go wrong with CR90s. In Legends, the Empire used them plenty and Zsinj's faction was known to use CR90s modified to act as pocket carriers. The hammerhead bit in front could be turned into a hangar, and the escape pods can be replaced with even more TIE Fighters.
>>
>>51632302

Something like the Adz-class destroyer fits the bill. Carries 6 TIEs, small crew (due to automation/slave rigging) of around 24 to 32, depending on need.
>>
File: wing_test1.jpg (458KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
wing_test1.jpg
458KB, 2560x1600px
>>51632302
No such thing really.
The gozanti can strap 4 or so on external mounts as sort of a bodge job, but that means no repairs or refuelling. Generally the Empire goes big n ugly when it comes to ships like that and any type of practical carrier with internal vehicles like starfighters is going to need a lot of crew to keep those working. I mean even a little 'escort' carrier in the Empire means shitting out dozens of fighters.
>>
>>51632536
How many TIEs does the escort carrier vomit at the enemy?
>>
>>51632558
Think its 72 assorted flavours of TIE's and a dozen or so ancillary vehicles
>>
Do ISB agents report to sector moffs or would they basically be able to do whatever they wanted given their broad mandate of loyalty and security?
>>
File: Emp Org.jpg (57KB, 781x436px) Image search: [Google]
Emp Org.jpg
57KB, 781x436px
>>51632723
ISB = Compnor
Moffs = their own command chain

Now while a plebby Agent isn't really going to be able to tell a Moff what to do, the Moff likewise won't be too obvious about shitting on the ISB agent too hard either, or he'll start crying to his superiors that the moff isn't towing the correct political line. A lot of them tend to be something of a political officer in some positions when embedded in other organisations and as a result, hated for it.
>>
>>51632891
Thanks, that's pretty much what I was thinking of doing with both the sector's Imperial Intelligence and ISB cadre. They're mutually aware of each other and have some unspoken moments where they compete.

Is that from the Imperial Sourcebook, by the way? Or is it from another book?
>>
On larger ships, in which the captain isn't necessarily piloting the ship, how do their stats carry over to the actual actions of the ship?
>>
>>51633275
Well, the engineers stats should be used for the engineering, the gunnery corps should be used for the gunnery, etc.
>>
>>51633313
I know that, I imagine you use the appropriate Starship Crew minion statblock for most tasks (eg., piloting, gunnery), but does having an actual commander not confer any sort of bonus?

Eg., one would imagine a ship commanded by Admiral Ackbar would do significantly better than a ship commanded by Jar-Jar Binks.
>>
>>51633363

Thats where I'd probably start doing mass combat checks, and yes leadership definitely helps in those cases
>>
File: Compnor.jpg (144KB, 988x805px) Image search: [Google]
Compnor.jpg
144KB, 988x805px
>>51633132
Yep the old D6 Imp Handbook- well worth getting for any campaign, I used it all through my D6 games, Saga and it still gets used in FFG.
Highly recommended as it just puts everything into perspective when players start poking the beast and how the beast responds
>>
For a stealthy jedi is shadow/niman/sage an alright combination?
>>
>>51633407
Mass combat doesn't seem right, I'm talking a single ship, perhaps a CR90 or something similar in size. Large enough to have a commander whose sole purpose is to command, but still not massive.

I guess there's the Field Commander ability, but it's kind of useless for what I have in mind because it requires the affected underlings to take strain, which minions can't really take anyways.
>>
>>51633680
I'm running a CR-90 campaign. One thing I learnt is don't simply have the 'I fire, you fire' mechanic.

Have obscure stuff come up. Maybe your dudes have knowledge of a squadrons attack patterns and can give blue dice to the gunners for calling them out?

Leadership checks would work in a similar manner. Opening Comms and making a huge speech might help or it might turn the crew against them.

One thing I also use is a 'Human Resources' system. Basically every different crew has an ABILITY and MORALE stat which shows how able to fight, and how ready to fight they are.
>>
>>51633832
Smart, I'll keep this stuff in mind.
>>
>>51633680

There's also a default action like Fire Discipline and other stuff.

Generally, with a single ship - I'd say that if a PC is commanding the gunnery teams specifically, basically use their Gunnery skill check as an aggregate for how well they can get the individual gunners to know what they're doing. Same with any other big check. The player rolling Piloting is not necessarily the only guy at the stick (though some SIL 5s can) he's directing a couple of pilots and navigators on the bridge to execute the maneuver. The engineer isn't the only one banging around the reactor room or whatever, but how much he knows what he's doing affects all the scrubs under him.

If your commander does not have gunnery, or there's no one specifically to use it, I'd say figure out your default minion stats and have them roll on the initiative slot of the PC (so the bridge officer yells at gunnery to fire, then they roll) and use skills like Leadership to offer conditional bonuses or be needed to keep the crew working normally, etc. Either as like an additional starship action or just some shit you made up because the situation calls for it. Feel free to "crib" from Mass Combat with like, number and quality affecting minions' pools even if you're not doing the whole shebang.
>>
>>51633949

I've got more thoughts, but we're on page 10.
>>
>>51633962
So make a new thread.
>>
>>51633418
Dude, just got to the part on Imperial Fleets and what not... confusing as hell, and I'm familiar with OrBats in general. Are we counting squadrons as subcaps or can they also count as TIE squadrons, too? I feel like a Superiority Force of 3 ISDs and 108 subcaps is HUMONGOUS overkill, especially for what amounts to a system security group.
>>
>>51634068
>>51634068
>>51634068
Fresh
>>
>>51630845
Why do Imperials in the new movies have such shit taste in shuttles? First Kylo Ren's, then Krennic's.
>>
>>51631469
>I mean, if a good portion (if not most) of your early Starfighter Corps are Imperial defectors
That's only in Disney canon, in Legends Wedge for example was never in the Empire.
>>
>>51624830

Another one will be one of the extremists recruiting slavers to help sponsor a coup in an empire controlled area and replacing him with a rebel sympathizer warlord who uses the power vaccuum to fund a drug empire with former imperial military personnel forced to work as slaves and the rebel cell getting funded in drug and slave money.

When asked he retorts that is what they do to failed rebels
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.