[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 44

File: SoS.png (968KB, 995x559px) Image search: [Google]
SoS.png
968KB, 995x559px
Rolled 16 (1d20)

Council of Nikea Edition

Sister Lewdz Sub-Edition

The Council of Nikea was posted. Who wanted librarians, who didn't care, who was full "Fuck Magnus" and what was the Censure Host? It's all in the last thread >>51597942, but that's pretty much getting archived and everyone is asleep, so have this thread in the meantime

>INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
So what is so bad about the Custodes? 40kfag here, I was kinda interested in getting into the game cheaply with a mostly-plastic low-model-count army. Apparently they're top cheese, what gives?
>>
>>51604095
They're not, it's literally one anon raging/baiting about them.

They're excellent in close combat (really only with one specific combo on the shield-captain) and they have good shooting from their vehicles and jetbike, but they're absurdly expensive points-wise and every single loss will hurt you dearly. Oh, and they DON'T have an assault vehicle.

At the end of the day, Custodes are T5 2W terminators. You will die very hard if you fuck up, and you are very slow.
>>
>>51604095
I heard some say the Captain with rerollable 3++, EW and S10 fist is Primarch tier for about 65% of the cost or something.
>>
File: somon.png (935KB, 436x906px) Image search: [Google]
somon.png
935KB, 436x906px
>>51604046
The SoH were there to ensure the will of the Warmaster, the same way there were WBs with the Blood Angels at Signus.
I like to think the OG Luna Wolves were schooling the spess wolves on how to wolf properly, relying less on bullshit items and more on sheer deepstriking wolvery.
>>
SO has anyone read the Prospero fluff?

Is it still "Magnus got butthurt and hid the wolf fleet from his sons to punish them/himself." that lead to prospero burning?

Trying to write up MY DUDES fluff for some loyalist thousand sons that were like "Wow, fuck Magnus.", made their own Order and basically became space Marine Corsairs.

Or just general 'requesting fluff pages for inferno'

Thanks in advance.

I read the ones in the last thread. Got a decent start.
>>
File: Prospero.jpg (259KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Prospero.jpg
259KB, 768x1024px
>>51604211
>Trying to write up MY DUDES fluff for some loyalist thousand sons that were like "Wow, fuck Magnus.", made their own Order and basically became space Marine Corsairs.
You have two flavours there:

Either they go Ahriman's way, aka their own way after being disilutioned with how Magnus' red guilt fucked up things when he allowed the invading hordes to arrive unchecked on a relatively small population and become a Chaos/Blackshield renegade...

...or you could go the Orphans of Betrayal way as most of the Corvidae fellowship that Magnus had sent away because their precognition powers could ruin his plans of helping the Censure Host enact (((retribution))) on his legion.
>>
>>51604237
So Ahriman and a bunch of ghosts. Ok thats cool I suppose, but there were 18,000-28,000 TS off world when prospero burned.

I'm curious about them. Which could explain why ahriman had 10k dudes

>>51604298
>had sent away because their precognition powers could ruin his plans of helping the Censure Host enact (((retribution))) on his legion.
Thats exactly what I was looking for. To see if Magnus still did that or if it was redacted.

They're essentially going to be Orphans of Betrayal that saw the fleet appraoching from a distance and couldnt warn prospero because of magnus. SO they said fuck 'em and rounded up as many of the off-world TS to start their own shindig. But I dont want to use Blackshield rules because I want to paint and model them like Thousand Sons in the FW scheme with the tamiya clear red. Plus I love Khenetai Blade Cabals.

thanks
>>
>>51604237
So whose the guy?
>>
>>51604197
Luna Wolves a best, first wolves are best wolves.

Do you think the reason the space wolves never teleport deep strike (or only drop pod deep strike) was because the Luna Wolves show them how shit they were at actually reaching their target.

>To embarrassed to get good at teleportation, so well just be cheap and overly safe by using only drop pods for our terminators. Yeah, we can deep strike now. Because the VI is so good at being aggressive
>>Pacification of Luna is another great lore excerpt
>>
File: Luna Wolves name.png (749KB, 430x818px) Image search: [Google]
Luna Wolves name.png
749KB, 430x818px
>>51604393
First Wolves Best Wolves.
>>
>>51604436
Don't let PETA see this.
>>
>>51604436
Wolves are extinct, but for purpose bred attack creatures. Kharn's quote about why the space wolves should not call themselves wolves, because they are collared brought into question. Wolf is equal to hound. Kharn BTFO
>>
>ahrimans BoP model is mad sexy
>first psyker model that doesn't look like shit IMO
>hate psykers like Mortarion
>this is a strange feeling
>>
>>51604237
Hopefully this means that the Rubric happens during the HH, rather than centuries after it like what is claimed in the BL trilogy. Because as nice as that book is to read, the timeline of that story just does not add up.
>>
File: Luna_Wolf_Astartes.jpg (137KB, 749x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolf_Astartes.jpg
137KB, 749x1024px
>>51604071
>Rolled 16
>>51604197
>>51604393
>>51604436
>>51604498

This thread now belongs to the XVI

KILL FOR THE LIVING, KILL FOR THE DEAD!
>>
>>51604237
If they make it so only ahriman is real and everyone else is a bot I would be sad as a Tson player.
>>
>>51604557
Luckily it's just a theory you can ignore if you want.
>>
I have 10 volkites in the mail for a terror squad, though they won't be here until next month. Which armor makes for a better terror squad, MkIII or MKIV?
>>
>>51604157
Maybe, but a Primarch still has a lot to back him up when they're brought out.
With Custodes, you're lucky if you have more than 30 models at 3000 points.
>>
Has anyone used Tamiya Red or Tamiya Blue from the spraycan, for their TS or AL?

Not putting the liquid version in a airbrush, I mean the literal spraycan version.

Is it any good, and how did you do it? Silver or gold first, then washes, then spray? Or something else? Pics appreciated.
>>
>>51602585

Books 10-13 could easily be collected into 1 or two books dealing with small engagements and the advance of traitors, a collection of campaigns spread out throughout the galaxy and 9 and 15 should also be one book as the Martian civil war ends early in the Heresy and the planet gets blockaded for the rest of the Heresy.

In my opinion Siege of Terra should be books 13-16 with the final books being the Scouring which FW apparently wants to do so

17-18-Reconquista: Loyalists launch an all out campaign to retake traitor held worlds and destroy the homeworlds of the traitors, each legion gets its battle with a scenario. A campagin detailing the Iron Cage siege, another campaign for UM and successors bum-rushing the Night Lords, Caliban's Civil War, etc.

19-Novae Imperium: The state of the Imperium during M32, a detailing of the work of the Inquisition vs the AL and the traitors amongst the Imperium's worlds that seek to destroy it plus the first campaigns of Xenos aggression since the Great Crusade.

20-Legion Wars: The campaigns of the traitor legions in the Eye of Terror and their story of absolute betrayal and the recession of their slave economy, all narrated by Fabius Bile. It ends with the Black Legion crushing whatever remains of the Emperor's Children.
>>
>>51604498
So the name "War Hounds" ALSO means Wolves?
Even the WE are better wolves than the Space Wolves, SW BTFO'd.
>>51604556
This be the thread of the true moon.
>>
>>51604573
This. It is based on the assumption that spells that require large amounts of power always need a sacrifice in souls to work ... but if that were so then the Emperor has a lot of explanation to do for the psychic tricks he pulled off before he became a chair-bound vegtable.

>>51604530
Let's be real, Mortarion hating psykers made him more than a little bit of a hypocrit. If he had his way, then all navigators, astropaths, and even The Emperor had to be put down behind the shed, consequences be damned.
>>
>>51604604
>Not putting the liquid version in a airbrush, I mean the literal spraycan version.
what sorcery is this
>>
>>51604557
>only ahriman is real
WTF not even Magnus is real?
So the Horus Heresy is Perturabo's fanfiction about Ahriman's Bizarre Adventures in Solarite Gauntlet of the North Eye?
The plot thickens once more
>>
>>51604669
Mortarion wasn't a hypocrite, he was merely wrong about lots of stuff and needed conflict resolution classes.
>>
>>51604678
To be fair Magnus is just an aspect of Tzeentch once he accepted daemon hood.
>>
>>51604706
I don't want to remember Magnus' aspects and shards and whatnot.
"Call me Ianius"
It had to pick THAT precise name, among all others.
>>
>>51604737
I think picking that name was the point.
>>
File: 6f66638b9c40edfb09f72343247261f8.jpg (320KB, 800x1139px) Image search: [Google]
6f66638b9c40edfb09f72343247261f8.jpg
320KB, 800x1139px
>>51604669
>If he had his way, then all navigators, astropaths, and even The Emperor had to be put down behind the shed, consequences be damned.

It's not hypocritical to take psykers and enslave them to a practical purpose. With no escape or autonomy. No life beyond the serving the vital role they are needed for. No chance for them to fuck things up. Magnus had autonomy look what he did with it. If the emperor had he actually got the webway thing going he would have served his purpose and should have been put down like a thunder warrior on the day of terran unification. As should all the other psychic primarchs Kurze, Lorgar, Sanguinius, Magnus and Khan (was he a psyker? best to be safe)

Remove Psyker
>>
>>51604832
>Not dreaming of a future where even a human child would be able to defend itself against filthy xenos using mind bullets

Magnus had the right idea, but he fucked up on the part where he thought he was able to tame the gods of chaos all by himself.
>>
Saturnine Terminator Armor when?
>>
>>51604604
I've used the Light Metallic Blue in a can for my AL. It turned out quite well, if you like shiny and metallic.
A pro is that it's so hard you can just scrape off other paint with your nails/a toothpick if you mess up (add a bit of saliva/water for effect).
A con is that it might come on a bit thick if you're not careful, and when you're spraying built models it's hard to get paint in every crack. I had to go over each model maybe 3-4 times to make sure I got coverage.
>>
>>51604737
whats wrong with that name? All daemon princes are slaves.

>>51604945
Sorcery is krodil in knowledge form. There is no escaping its corruption.

>>51604961
Just as you finish your army.
>>
>>51604945
>>Not dreaming of a future where even a human child would be able to defend itself against filthy xenos using mind bullets
Go wear Eldar poop as a necklace, witchlover.
The Human psychic race didn't become true after 10000 years of unguided evolution and the webway would have meant the day of the rake for those inbred navigator mutants.

Sanctioned psykers are like abhumans, they can be useful even if they're not pure, but asking for a psychic race would be a mistake
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
>>51604677
I saw little spraycan versions I'm my local hobby shop. They're the clear red, clear blue, clear purple, plain clear versions. I'm just trying to work out if they're any good. I know they won't be as thin and smooth as an airbrush.

I'm kind of tempted to try the clear purple for an emperors children test model.
>>
>>51604977
>Sorcery is krodil in knowledge form.

Only because daemons. Imagine you had a daemon-free living space where you could teach everybody how to avoid that, or even how to BTFO daemons just like GK can.

Or are you generally against proper education for the whole population ?
>>
>>51604977
>whats wrong with that name?
Ianius is totally the Janus stated to be the first Grand Master of the Grey Knights.
Will Khyron at least be Sevatar?
Inb4 that's ridiculous, it's even dumber that a Magnus shard remained in the Imperial Dungeon and became the GK Chapter master
>>
>>51605026
>if only there was some race of post-humans that had already achieved this and were living in a functional society, protected from the dangers of chaos
>oh wait we purged them

Why is the Imperium so fucking retarded?
>>
>>51605026
Draigo the best GK serves Slaanesh. There is no defeating daemons.

Remove Psyker

>>51605040
Grey knights have always been shit, they deserve it.
>>
>>51605026
>Only because daemons
>Radiation is only bad because of the tumours
Daemons are a big deal, anon, and learning pyschic powers within the webway is akin to having a shooting range inside a submarine.

There's a reason why the Dark Eldar don't use psychic powers; the Webway is the place in-between places, the walls that seperate it from the warp are thinner that realspace's.
>>
>>51605079
It's all Erebus' fault.
The Emperor should have told all his sons that they can't bring any friends with them to space war.
>>
>>51605096
More like nuclear energy is only bad because of the radiation.

Fix that and you're good.

Is it complex and tough to figure out? Yes. Could you teach someone to build a radiation shield/whatever without them needing to know everything about nuclear physics? Yes.
>>
>>51605099
The emperor refused to vet any of his sons. Yet another filthy psyker mistake.
>>
>>51605122
Yeah, can't wait for Magnus' unrestricted nuclear items.
Nuclear-powered laptops! I just hope none of them ever ever leaks plutonium on your desk ;^)

I like my sanctioned psykers like my nucleoelectric plants: fucking away from me...yet still meeting their quotas under maximum supervision.
>>
>>51605130
Agreed. Russ and his kin were in dire need of a vet.
>>
>>51604298
>Officially 62,292 TSons on Prospero
>"Total known strength of 80,000/90,000"
Does this kind of ruin the TSons and Prospero for anyone else? Makes me sad tbqh.

Yeah its autismo but who cares. I mean I knew this was going to happen but it just feels wrong.
>>
>>51605096
It's closer to swimming and water. If you don't teach somebody how to swim, then most likely he will drown. Should you then ban all water and swimming, or teach how to swim ?
>>
>>51605040
I guess Magnus was always the most reluctant traitor, and tried to stay loyal to the end when despair and the heat of the moment made him fuck up and throw in with Tzeentch.
Plus of all the people in the galaxy who could pull the shattered self trick to preserve their original being in some form it'd be him.

You could do something really interesting with that, but you'd have to have some fantastic writing not to have it come off as cheap hackneyed crap, which I can't see GW managing. Though even if they did a particularly shoddy job it'd still be leagues less asspully than Trayzin and his fucking pokéballs.
>>
>>51605187
Wonder if I made a mistake. Look up vetting.

>To vet was originally a horse-racing term, referring to the requirement that a horse be checked for health and soundness by a veterinarian before being allowed to race. Thus, it has taken the general meaning "to check".

huh
>>
>>51605210
You're comparing a pool to the sea
You do realize that swimming in the open sea is a bad idea, right? Especially is you do it near Australia.
That's the warp, and the sea wasps are the kind version of the psychneum.
>>
>>51605225
I was just memeing, anon. T
I mean I didn't quite know what you were saying, but I'm sleepy and kinda bummed I can't be an IW librarian, since Perturabo was against their use.

I guess it's other consulships, then.
Chaplain, Champion, Herald, Delegatus, MoS, Soegebreaker, Vigilator, Moritat and Warsmithing sound like viable career choices
>>
>>51605188
It's worse then that as the Wolves now rock up with 73,200 marines according to this >>51599078 so they're not even out numbered anymore. So the Sons now get shrekt by an equal force on their own homeworld and die almost completely. Gratz TS fans.
>>
>>51605247
The Australian ocean is pretty safe. I swim in it. They have shark nets and shit. Gun range in a submarine was the best description. One mistake equals death.

>>51605315
Its seems appropriate for you to be bitter brother.
>>
File: After the Sons have gone to bed.gif (290KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
After the Sons have gone to bed.gif
290KB, 245x220px
>>51605341
>>
>>51605247
A study showed that most animal-caused poisoning in Australia is done by bees though. And those don't live in the sea or even near an ocean.
>>
File: sdgsggg.png (156KB, 695x228px) Image search: [Google]
sdgsggg.png
156KB, 695x228px
Custodes vehicles have been disappointing. I would have much preferred just Grav-Rhino and Grav-Raider upgrade kits to these
>>
>>51605512
I've seen a lot of people who are scared of the ocean on the internet. Totally bizarre. I mean you can die in the ocean, but you can die on the road to.
>>
>>51605533
Yeah, or just larger, grav-enabled variants of those tanks. These just look like filthy Eldar vehicles.
>>
File: CustodesGrav-Rhino.jpg (111KB, 1000x613px) Image search: [Google]
CustodesGrav-Rhino.jpg
111KB, 1000x613px
>>51605552
If they made it look like this people could just convert their own. FW wants your money.
>>
File: DSCF4593_zps82f0ecb1.jpg (66KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4593_zps82f0ecb1.jpg
66KB, 640x383px
>>51605575
Like so
>>
>>51605540
People fear what they don't understand.
>>
>>51605575
Not like angry fans who prefer the idea of grav-rhinos aren't going to convert their own vehicles with matching dimensions anyway right ...
>>
File: assaultrhino.jpg (165KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
assaultrhino.jpg
165KB, 640x426px
>>51605635
Actually yes. Because many of the most angriest have OCD such that they want it to look like the official vehicle.

I think custodes are shit so I don't really care about them. The vehicles are boring though.

GW/FW needs to make this.
>>
>>51605540
>I've seen a lot of people who are scared of the ocean
Those are just black people, anon.

Seriously, America, we need to force black people to learn how to swim. Just do it like Japan and make it part of Phys Ed.
>>
>>51605669
Where do the crew sit? How does the driver see where he's going?
>>
>>51605669
Where does the driver sit?
>>
>>51605699
>>51605702
The same place the 10 marines who can't fit in it sit. I don't care I want assualt rhinos
>>
>>51605726

Just forge the narrative!
>>
>>51604298
Woah, a full 18-28,000 TSons were offworld when Prospero happened??
>>
>>51605739
Well the only place to fit him is at the back somewhere. Like those Dday landing boats.
>>
>>51605761
Or it's fully driven by Powa of the Machine Spirit.
>>
File: 1472327006943.png (427KB, 469x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472327006943.png
427KB, 469x720px
>>51605760
Their whole fleet was sent away by Magnus right, or has that changed?
>>
>>51604604
I have, but on a car model in the distant past. Works great, just shade and highlight before the clear red/blue and be pretty extreme with the highlights.
>>
>>51605001
>The Human psychic race didn't become true after 10000 years of unguided evolution
Psychic abilities appear to be genetic, so the Imperium's practice of scooping up all the psykers (see Master of Mankind) will go a long way in preventing humanity from evolving into a psychic species. Unnatural selection against it, basically.
>>
>>51605760

Yes. According to what I've heard, one of those forces was fighting alongside the Ultramarines, and when they got the orders, the Ultramarines murdered them in their own encampments.
>>
>>51605871
It's been noted for a while (sometimes even in the "opening crawl" of 40k) that the psyker population is increasing dramatically. So the amount of random mutations is increasing disproportionately to the amount that could be coming in from genetic passage alone.
>>
>>51605888
Blood for the emperor, after all. Suffer not the traitor, the mutant, the sorcerer.
>>
>>51605929

That was before Calth, by the way.

Another Tsons force were engaged alongside the Fists. When the orders came through, the Fists bugged out and left the Tsons to die.
>>
>>51605888
>According to what I've heard
Where because that means that the Emperor ordered there destruction again instead of BL's tale?
>>
>>51605942
yep

I find it funny most people don't realize all the prospero shit happened well before the heresy broke out. Is it still set before Istvaan in the FW books?
>>
>>51605942
That's pretty retarded is the source infreno?
>>
>>51605955

Yes. It ends just as the news of Isstvan III arrives.

>>51605946

Warmaster's orders are broadcast galaxy wide, and the Emperor is too busy in the Webway to notice.
>>
>>51605977
>Warmaster's orders are broadcast galaxy wide
So why does Magnus help out Horus? lol
>>
>>51605998
because magnus is fuckin' dumb
he's always been fuckin' dumb

>shit horus is a traitor better warn the boss
>oh no he ain't hearing any of it
>fuck I fucked up the webway
>shit shit shit better let the wolves kill us all to make up for it
>ACTUALLY NEVERMIND WE TRAITORS NOW TOO LOL
>>
>>51605998
I think it was said that by the time he found out, it was too late.

Seriously though. As a TSfag, I really fucking can't stand Magnus or the Prospero business.

Every layer they add is just like progressing a jenga tower where more holes appear and the structure gets more and more flimsy.
>>
>>51606036
Was looking for a serious answer but sure thing brah. If they're going to change the fluff I'd expect them to atleast have it make sense.
>>
File: 1.jpg (86KB, 586x869px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86KB, 586x869px
Is there other pre-Great crusade color schemes than this Thousand son?
>>
what's a good allied detachment of custodes with 10 models? 1 x shield captain with sword and shield, 3 x 3 guardian spear custodians?
>>
>>51606053
That's the thing, him going to horus has never made much sense. Ever.

Magnus cuts off the nose to spite the face because the emperor thinks sorcery can't be trusted and that buttfrustrates him.
>>
>>51606049
> I really fucking can't stand Magnus or the Prospero business.
I cant stand it ANYMORE. It used to makes sense when I got into the hobby...

>>51606077
>going to horus has never made much sense.
Yes it did. In Ye Olden Days the Emperor odered Magnus and his legion destroyed. No Magnus knowing about it and letting it happen. No Horus bullshit. Just the Wolves surprising the Sons and forcing them to turn to Horus for protection.
>>
>>51605946
No, it would've been the Warmaster's orders. The Emperor was already hiding away and letting Horus run things
>>
>>51606104
>No, it would've been the Warmaster's orders.
If everyone dicked the TSons over on Horus's orders, and they know later on he's the Traitor just like Magnus said, then this is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>51606096
>No Magnus knowing about it and letting it happen.
the council of nikaea (3e) was literally that
or, in older (2e) fluff he repeatedly told magnus to not use magic, and when contacted on earth told magnus he'd gone too far and had to be destroyed

there was no surprise, magnus knew full fucking well what he was doing, and that's why all the fluff about this shit has magnus trying to use the psychic warning as a justification for his secret sorcerous practices

Unless you're talking about pre-2e, adeptus titanicus fluff. But you probably aren't, since the actual events of that version of the war were radically different.

>>51606126
How original you want to go? Their reason for joining horus twenty years ago was because they wanted to preserve their profane knowledge.
>>
>>51606168
>there was no surprise, magnus knew full fucking well what he was doing
Theres a difference between knowingly going against the Emperors orders for a reason he believes is justified, vs letting the TSons get destroyed by moving the defenses away, clouding the future and generally fucking everything up.
>>
>>51606058
yes world eaters
>>
Any spoilers on what actually happened at Nikaea yet? I saw the "positions taken" shot last thread lol'd at the majority of the anti-psyker side being traitors, but what did the Emperor actually decree?
>>
Are there any pictures of alternate Thousand Son schemes? Or was everyone basically the same
>>
>>51605188
why is it even a problem ?
>>
I have 140 points left to spend on a IH company of bitter iron list
currently have an immortal deathstar, glaive, 2 rhino tacs, a deredeo and 2 vindicators
what do I take?
>>
>>51606275
Not that Anon but previously there were only around 10,000 TSons. It changes the dynamic quite heavily IMO.
>>
>>51606266
go read thousand sons(I think, might be prospero burns)
>>
>>51606272

See
>>51606058
>>
>>51606289
changing the legions to 100,000-200,000+ was a mistake, but now that they're on that boat it's inevitable everyone's going to be affected
>>
File: 1.jpg (28KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 300x438px
>>51606216
What's the original warhounds scheme? Dark blue?
This is apparently dusk raiders scheme.
>>
File: pred-vs-emps.jpg (587KB, 1401x818px) Image search: [Google]
pred-vs-emps.jpg
587KB, 1401x818px
>>51606294
Thought that was a space wolf ha. I guess it's the TS who are Predators fans.

Cobra Commander Confirmed too.
>>
>>51606313
They also went from by far the smallest legion (others were perhaps smaller at differnet times but the TS were the smallest over the whole GC) to just normal sized.
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 1023x552px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 1023x552px
>>51606327
Well M is 1000 in roman numerals.
>>
>>51606058
This drawing can't possibly be correct. Where is the rampant flesh change :^)
>>
>>51606379
Flesh change before great crusade? How heretical.holopic
>>
File: Untitled.png (190KB, 578x400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
190KB, 578x400px
>>51606350
you're not special any more~~~

Though technically speaking they're going BACK to being normal sized. The small legion stuff was a 3rd edition addition.
>>
File: warhounds.jpg (88KB, 1024x562px) Image search: [Google]
warhounds.jpg
88KB, 1024x562px
>>51606316

They're literally just reverse WE. Probably all of the legions had different pre-Primarch schemes, we just don't know them all yet. Raven Guard were grey with black metal instead of black and white. Word Bearers were different too.
>>
>>51606378

Why are the death guard white and red in that picture? Aren't they supposed to be white and green? Or is that the Dusk Raiders scheme?
>>
>>51606327

Maybe that legionnaire was a fully blooded warrior with his dick
>>
>>51606438
>you're not special any more~~~
Not sure if talking shit but it just feels odd to me to remove character from a legion and there most important event.
>>
>>51606293
Yeah, but the Thousand Sons/Prospero Burns version is absolutely bigfuck retarded on multiple levels.
>>
>>51606438

hey guys what if

what if

thousand sons are overcosted in 40k to represent that they are a tiny chapter-sized legion
>>
>>51606544
brilliant

hey I had another great idea

what if

what if we gave them slow and purposeful to represent how they were slow to react to the invasion of prospero
>>
>>51606544
>>51606559

You guys are giving GW too much credit. Thousand Sons are just the way they are because of the results GW rolled on the rules-design-table
>>
File: 20170206_232930.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_232930.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
What is everyone working on tonight?
This is a Grey Slayers Huscarl for a new squad.
If SW's love breaking the enemies lines in close combat so much, it would make sense those furthest forward on the line have to replace their armor the quickest. And who in a pack is the quickest to the fight than the Huscarl himself?
This model is in MkVI Corvus armor, with a field expedient repaired left shoulder using a MkIII pad.
I've had a thing with modeling Terran marines recently, and this one is no different. Being one such marine, he has many decorations not seen on other marines, such as the aquila on the torso, the ornate right shoulder pad marking him as honoured, and the (not yet GS'ed) fur cloak.
>>
>>51606600
You just don't understand the deep metaphors GW is using. That's okay, they made these rules for those of higher intelligence (that is to say, Thousand Sons players) to decipher.
>>
File: Huscarlrightsideup.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
Huscarlrightsideup.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
>>51606621
Phone posting has failed me once again.
>>
>>51606639
Nice BA
>>
>>51606065

1 shield captain, 5 shield guards, 4 spears with special weapons, all have teleporters
>>
>>51606058
War Hounds
Dusk Raiders
Pale Nomads
Imperial Heralds (i think)

Why the fuck did they bump all the legion numbers by an extra zero? It just seems a bit absurd and kinda fucks with the 1ksons name
I always thought the backbone of the imperium was the common man and the scalpel, or is that heretical 40k thinking?
>>
>>51606847
>an extra zero?
>an
anyways they did it because black library wanted to write about thousands of millions of space marines getting killed and the legion numbers couldn't support that
>>
>>51604961
When people stop making unfounded claims about that armour being the Saturnine pattern.
>>
>>51606621
Courage and Honour cousin of the Rout.

Head and torso look great.
>>
>>51606507
That was their early scheme, which got retconned into the Dusk Raiders colours in Flight of the Eisenstein (and FW then retconned the white and red into grey and red, i.e. >>51606316).
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 1023x545px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 1023x545px
Some o
SoH and Edgelords
>>
File: 1.jpg (95KB, 1023x547px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95KB, 1023x547px
Emperors children and world eaters
>>
>>51606982
Where are these shots from? The old Epic Space Marine game from Rogue Trader?
>>
>>51606982

Looks like World Eaters also got retconned with their old scheme going to their pre-primarch legion
>>
>>51605592
As if people won't just make hover rhinos regardless.
>>
>>51605533

they're designed so you can kitbash them using deodorant bottles
>>
File: sos-rhino.jpg (3MB, 2271x1593px) Image search: [Google]
sos-rhino.jpg
3MB, 2271x1593px
Remember when Rhino was suppose to be the universal carrier of the Imperium, not just Marines only? What happened?
>>
>>51607109

It is pretty universal, but most IG regiments prefer Chimeras. Sisters of Silence and Custodes have their own things because they get special stuff from being the Emperor's personal forces. No idea why AdMech lists don't have Rhinos.
>>
>>51607017
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/02/gw-solves-a-28-year-legion-mystery.html
>>
>>51607109
Capitalism happend. STC lore has been meaningless for years now, because it makes it just a little bit more difficult to release new models without having to worry about wether it fits in the setting or not.

FW uses its rules to promote only the sales of the models they themself produce, just like GW. It's one of the reaons Flare Shields are a thing.
>>
>>51607140
>most IG regiments prefer Chimeras

No, they only have to use the pleb Chimeras because the Rhino because the Imperium is no longer capable to mass-produce them in numbers sufficient for the Imperial Guard.

> Sisters of Silence and Custodes have their own things because they get special stuff from being the Emperor's personal forces

Which used to be upgrades, specialised and pimped-out versions of STC vehicles, but are now special snowflake vehicles because FW doesn't benefit as much from Rhino/Land Raider upgrade kits as much as from selling their own stuff.

>No idea why AdMech lists don't have Rhinos
Because then it might have been possible people would have repainted Rhinos they already owned, or even traded or bought some second hand. Just imagine what a horror scenario that is for the profits !
>>
>>51607140
>"It is pretty universal"
>only Marines and 1 provenance of Army has access to it

>>51607183
They do make Deimos Rhinos, don't they?
>>
>>51607183

STCs are still in the lore but it's obvious there's a lot of rare custom production models that aren't considered techheresy, or are produced by non-AdMech sources and don't have schematics on loan from the AdMech either.

Common stuff like lasguns and rhinos are STC based, but the old joke that everything has to have an STC, even toasters and refrigerators, doesn't seem lore accurate. Just look at all the custom weapons in 40k Imperial army lists for starters.
>>
>>51604498
This being the guy who literally wears a collar of khorne right?
>>
>>51607152
Ah, cool. Thought so.

Man, I'm really not a fan of that new pre-Magnus TS scheme, it's tacky as hell. That helmet variant is cool though.

>>51607109
I think they're moving away from it because they want other Imperial forces to have their own identities, aesthetics, and playing styles, instead of just being measured in terms of how similar or different they are to Marines.
>>
>>51607247
when he said it he didn't but kekislovika
>>
>>51607227

>Just imagine what a horror scenario that is for the profits!

right now they aren't making much profit off of AdMech transports at all, isn't their only transport their land raider equivalent right now?
>>
>>51607263
Yeah, imagine if they all were "Imperial" instead of their own factions independent of it. Imagine if the there was this unified theme of "Da Imperium" across all the Imperial factions and then they diverged from it in their own ways.

Because with "they have to be different" logic FW needs to remove Outriders and Javelins from Marines, those are clearly Custodes vehicles. Marines can't have them. They need boxy, less shitty looking Army tonks. And Army needs shitty tonks. I think Spartans and Proteuses need a Marine version to be made, the current ones are not enough like Rhinos and Phobos Land Raiders.

We need factional uniformity, people!
>>
Being able to harness on 3+ is actually a big deal. When harnessing at 4+ you throw three dice for WC1 because that gives you 1/2^3 chance of failure, or 87.5% to succeed.

However, with 3+ with only two dice you have 1/3^2 chance of failure or 89% chance of success, so you can use two dice for your WC1 buffs just fine.

This is actually super important. For one, that means that getting perils when buffing is that much harder, and you get 50% more dice to throw buffs around.

Also, could someone do the math on how many more wounds Veterans do with bolters with rerolls on To Hit and To Wound.
>>
>>51607324
>We need factional uniformity, people!
Because the Imperium isn't a faction, but each of its individual armies are :^)
>>
>>51607430
Yes, that's what I said. Thank you.
>>
>>51607324
I can't tell if you're for or against the idea of giving each faction its own aesthetic.
>>
>>51604961
Apparently aquilon terminators are supposed to resemble these guys more than the old art that depicts them as ritzy cats.
>>
File: Adeptus_Custodes_Land_Raider.jpg (126KB, 1015x768px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptus_Custodes_Land_Raider.jpg
126KB, 1015x768px
>>51607531
I want a uniform "Imperial" aesthetics to run across the board with each faction having their divergences from this aesthetic. Like how all legions use the same basic models with their Romanesque things and box tanks, but add their own flare and units to it.

Sure, give Custodes their own things, but don't fucking shit on all the old stuff because you want to make more money. Being a shit bag just makes it that much easier for people to justify screwing you over with recasters and converting from other kits.
>>
>>51606266
>>51606293
>>51606522
Nikaea was the fulcrum of a lot of shit going on for some time. Thousand Sons spying on Wolves, vice versa, some primarchs hating the witch, some primarchs and Imperial bodies trying to further their own agendas, etc. Add to that daemons fucking it up, I believe it was the Changeling.
To sum it up, everyone present was wrong but the small conclave of librarians from "third" legions - a White Scar, an Ultramarine and one other - who proposed a strictly controlled librarius, but none would have it that way. The contra side because muh witches, Magnus because he was far too deep down the hole. The Thousand Sons had hoarded far too much dark lore that was best left unknown. Add to that Malcador's promise to Mortarion made in Daemonology.
On the side, it was Perturabo who built the damn arena so he got out of it further embittered even if he didn't care about psykers.
In any case, the Emperor had unambiguously decreed that any who break faith with him will be visited by a wrath such as was never seen before. And Magnus did just that, so the whole Censure Host is one of the kindest things the Emperor did. By his own words at Nikaea, he had casus belli for Magnus' annihilation.

So yeah, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, the BL simply couldn't pull it off decently so the reader's left to read between the lines, which many warhammer fans are incapable of.
>>
>>51607372
It's 9.9999 wounds on rapid fire without re-rolls to hit, without Marksmen.
>>
>>51606887
When it stops looking like Saturnine pattern armour.

If it isn't Saturnine pattern, what is it?
>>
>>51607818
The NL Librarian at Nikea was Fel Zharost, interestingly enough.

The implication of BL is that Magnus was gonna get a slap on the wrist and the 'third way' that Yesugei proposed was likely...and then the daemon attacked Hawser and Bjorn, making it clear to Imperial command that the 'Thousand Sons' were using sorcery. That gave them actual proof (which of course wasn't actual, thanks Tzeentch!), and it was no longer a theoretical debate at that point.

Of course the whole thing is still fucking retarded when you have the Astropaths and the Navis Nobilite sitting there listening to psykers getting outlawed in the legions and being "I'm okay jack, they still need me!" and no-one gives a shit. Oh and the Rune Priests somehow getting away with saying they don't use psychic powers they use earth-magic, in a secular society no less.
>>
>>51607899

Well, the Khan for one would have utterly ignored the edict. It's likely that the Emperor might have moved to sanction the Scars as well if the Heresy's outbreak was delayed any longe.r
>>
>>51607899
>Russ and Emperor think Magnus literally sent his equerry to attack the Space Wolves
>don't even mention it to Magnus
That was utterly retarded. Prospero Burns was such an awful novel.

>>51607818
I'm all for having to read behind the lines, but that doesn't excuse BL's shitty writing.
>>
>>51607975
They think his equerry came to deprogram his spy, got caught, resisted Bjorn's attempts to seize him and fled before he could cover his tracks.
Considering they acknowledge that the Imperial institutions spy on each other and do shady shit all the time, I think the idea is that they aren't bothered by the spying secret agent shenanigans all that much, it's that "Amon" was straight up using hell magic while doing it. The Custodes seem outraged that sorcery was used in the same area as the Emperor, not that Imperial troops are squabbling with each other.

But yeah, it was still somewhat clumsy, even if all the naming themes were nice.
>>
>>51607874
I think it's around 14 unsaved with both rerolls. It's also pretty reliable thanks to them.

Pretty good for 45pts.

Seems that the way to do TSons is to get Prescience on everything and then just make everyone twinlinked.

>spend 50pts to give all terminators plasma
>have someone Prescience them
>use Levitation to jump in front of people then shoot them to death
>>
>>51607917

Mostly because no one seems to actually give a fuck about the Scars in the first place.

#Book9...orlater....
>>
File: Magnus-The-Red.jpg (111KB, 1016x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus-The-Red.jpg
111KB, 1016x1000px
Is this model fine as a proxy for HH or does it specify the base he needs to be on? Presumably he looked pretty much the same being a constantly changing psyker.
>>
>>51608404

The FW magnus model is pretty much done already and has been said to be being released at warhammerfest so you might as well wait.
>>
File: Angelus-5-320x320.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Angelus-5-320x320.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
>>51608404
>>
File: File_006.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
File_006.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
what helmet is this? Custom?
>>
>>51604095
They are decent overall, I'd say. Not particularily amazing, but on an idividual basis they are very beefy.
That said, there were some weird design decisions made for them. For example, the Guardian Spear is mostly meh and really needs a little boost to be interesting and the Adrastus Bolt Caliver has a weird statline for something that is supposed to be mobile fire support.
Not to mention the whole Misericordia thing being still a mystery (though I hope it's an AP3 melee weapon as rumored).
>>
>>51608497
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NZ/Asterion-Moloc-and-Ivanus-Enkomi-of-the-Minotaurs
>>
>>51605888
That just makes falling for the Calth gambit even stupider.
>Unthinkable! The Word Bearers cannot be attacking us! Astartes fighting astartes is impossible!
>Except that one time we did it, that doesn't count.
>>
>>51608580
I did wonder if that was the helmet, but it seemed upscaled. It looks fucking amazing.
>>
>>51608560
So what's the verdict on the Paragon spear? Is it a two hander or can I use it along with a Praesidium shield? Working on my shield Captain's wargear at the moment...
>>
>>51608597
completely agree. They also shouldn't take all the mystery out of each legion. Let people make lost companies etc.
>>
>>51606982
You have been spamming these pics every thread since Saturday. We get it. You got old pics. Congrats.
>>
Okay, I'm considering Custodes. What do I need to take to make them not just a bunch of cool toys that achieve very little before getting shot off the board?

Especially since I love the Dreads, which is even more point sink before actually buying a gun platform
>>
>>51608007
> BEAR not BJORN
> GENIUS TIER plot twist dawg
Literally kill yourself. Prospero Burns was one of the worst in the fucking series. Abnett is a total hack
>>
>>51605596
This explains Council of Nikaea
>>
>>51605888
>>51605942

I hope these aren't true. I already dislike both Wolves, now to despise Ultras and Fists... I'll remain liking only TS and DA, at most.
>>
>>51608642
Literally eat my cunt, fuckboy.
>>
>>51608404
its to big to be used as 30K magnus
>>
>>51608688
Don't you have wolves to enact your sick urges, you dog fucking freak?
Seriously, Space Yiffs are the absolute worst. Even worse than IWfags and thanks to skub-ferno, you scum are streaming into hhg from 40k.
Christ look at that 'huscarl' up above. It's all fucking GW. Not even Era marks. Next thing will be "my THUNDER YIFF cav count as jetbikes right"?
We need to build a wall!
>>
File: Leman Russ irl.jpg (111KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Leman Russ irl.jpg
111KB, 640x960px
>>51608763
>he thinks I'm a yiff
Ruder than telling me kys t b h
>>
>>51608606
RAW you can combine it, yeah, as the Praesidium only explicitly excludes the charge bonus of the Guardian Spear.
RAI though - who the fuck knows? The entire book is so shoddily written, your guess is as good as mine.
That said, as nice as the Paragon Spear is, I'll be taking a Solarite Gauntlet instead.
>>
>>51608763

Yeah but that's AWG and he's fucking faggot no matter what he does.
>>
>>51608876
He is just the first to jump over. There will be more.
>>
What happens if Magnus gets get in his formation - does he gets rerolling 1s on Invu and Fear every time he deepstrikes?
>>
>>51608910
>get

Meant Gate. That power from Santict that allows him to deep-strike around.
>>
>>51608910

No, because it's not a real deepstrike.
>>
>>51604961
It's Custodes Heavy Dreadnought pattern now.
>>
>>51608597
The purging of the missing legions and the Thousand Sons also makes the shock of the Heresy that much less severe. The first couple HH books (aka the good ones), all make a big deal about the idea of brother fighting brother. Apparently, astartes had been slaughter astartes for years before Horus went renegade.
>>
>>51609094
>It's Custodes Light Knight pattern now.
FTFY.
>>
>>51605540
>>51605690
Because you don't need to actively fight against drowning in dry land, and there are no enemies that can attack you unseen in a 3d medium.
Except maybe eagles and bees. But you can only fight a shark if you see it coming, unlike those lolurded Medusae with phosphex stings.

I say this as a coast-born. Many don't understand that the beach is not for swimming. It's for walking in the water; you cannot fight currents, like the one that tries to pull you away from the beach into open sea.

And open sea isn't for swimming either. It's for floating.
>>
>>51608007
At the end of the day, the whole Amon/Changeling fiasco just puts another event that led directly the Heresy that could have been easily prevented if the Emperor hadn't been such a negligent retard.
>>
>>51604071
Making my own Mk2 breachers. Which pattern of bolter should I use?
>>
>>51609136
Not only that, the earliest books also make it clear how completely shocked and stunned that there could be any rebellions. The guy on Davin and then the guy on Istvaan III that rebel, everyone can barely believe people would turn on the Imperium, I think there's even a line about how Horus would not stand for the one world to rebel being one he secured.
Oh, are uprisings. The Ultramarines seem to have no idea what localised resistance groups are in one of their books. Seriously?

And now we find out the entire history of the Imperium features rebellions, seccessions, uprisings, etc all on conquered Imperial worlds. Every legion has some bit in their fluff about putting down some rebel governor or newly compliant world
Oh, and we now have the WE, the NL and the SW having 'be ready to teamkill at a moment's notice' written into their fluff.
>>
>>51605919
Yes, but they're still a rarity. >>51605871 is right, routinarily culling psykers is a form of unnatural evolution.

>I'M LOVING IT
>>
>>51605096
Except the regular eldar use the webway too. And they have loads of psykers.
>>
>>51609275
But they live in materium. Craftworld Eldars only use webway to travel. Dark Eldar live within it.
>>
Sekhmets are pretty amazing distraction unit. Fact that they are like Hammer/Shield termies but twice as durable, with ID on hammers and without actual shield aside, you can buy them plasma/melta dirt cheap.

Spend 50pts for seven plasma/three melta, deepstrike them in enemy lines and use Levitation to jump around vaporizing everything with mass plasma shoots and Maelstrom pie-plates, forcing enemy to deal with your 2+/3++ 2w models.

If you want to be extra cheeky, use Levitation to plop your termies in path of enemy units and pop Force, forcing them to choose between fucking off or trying to fight your termies after wading through BS2 rapidfire plasma overwatch.
>>
What's the judgement of the Thousand Sons playing style?
Generalist with various psychic support, or the reverse?
Amon looks particularly well-suited for joining the Ammitara along with the Reserves dickery he hands out.

>>51609533
If you use Tartaros, they are 4++ max without spells.
One interesting take on the Axis of Dissolution is Magnus with maxed out Tartaros squads.
>>
>>51609565
>Generalist with various psychic support, or the reverse?
Having played around with possible lists for a bit, my feeling is generalists with bonuses. If you go to town with all the exciting upgrades you end up with so few bodies on the table that I don't think a specialist list works. On the other hand if you write a normal legion list, with rerolls of 1s with shooting or a 6++, and maybe a bit of psychic support, I think they should work quite well.
>>
>>51609565
It seems that you just play standard game with shit-ton of buffs
>4++

You can get +1 invu from Telekinetic Cult and Cataphractii for 3++, but you can't overwatch/run/sweeping advance. I actually forgot about overwatch part, so that part won't work, but rest of it still applies.
>>
>>51609624
>>51609627
Yeah that sounds pretty good to me. I've always liked the way the Ultramarines are represented in the rules, but somehow dislike Guilliman even though he seems a cool guy.
I think I'm gonna go with the Sons, the synchronicity between units is cool, also a sort of AL's Mutable Tactics is on the table via Cults. But the main thing is that they don't get locked into either Deep Strikes, Dedicated Transports, Infiltrate and such, and don't get locked out of Deep Striking either.
Now just to get that sweet red.

>If you go to town with all the exciting upgrades
Some other legions seem to be better suited for that, such as SoHoruswing.
As I said above, the AoD looks cool even if somewhat overly defensive for my taste.
>>
>>51609806
Issue with AoD is that you need to max units out, which is an issue if you don't want to max them out.

Besides, getting Pride of the Legion for Veterans then upgrading them with Prescience/Bolter ammo looks nice. Although it would sad if you bought Shred ammo and then rolled Precognition. Heavy Weapon team with free rerolls are cool as well, and that Automata give you pretty cheap variety if you want to go that way.

Maybe have one fully upgraded squad of Sekhmets(around 460 i think) running around soaking fire and that's about it. Blade Cabal seem too risky, although snipers could work in certain games.
>>
>>51607228
>only marines
>only the single largest group played in the Horus Heresy tabletop
>Only the eighteen legions
>only
>>
File: Wolf-of-Ash-and-Fire.jpg (132KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf-of-Ash-and-Fire.jpg
132KB, 600x842px
>>51604556
>>51604645
This thread needs more moon
>>
>>51609865
>>Issue with AoD is that you need to max units out, which is an issue if you don't want to max them out.
Yes I do want to do that, especially with Tactical Squads. I don't plan on getting either Assault or Breacher marines until, or if at all they get plastic models, mostly because I'd prefer to get cooler stuff like Javelins and flyers (have to choose due to lack of funds, Chinaman is not an option because I'd like to support FW).

Pride with ML1 Asphyx Vets sounds WAAC, but I guess you could go with the optimal choice. Not my cup of tea though.

Khenetai can take LR Phobos so that's something, also 5 WS6 S4 AP3 ID attacks per model sounds scary.
Ammitara is my favourite unit so far so I'll be taking them no matter what, I just hope the models are on par.
Sekhmet are crazy with Levitation.
>>
>>51609976
Fucking, WHY did they need to be calle dthe luna wolves? couldent they think of ANY other animal? its so dumb, and it annoys me to an irrational level.
>>
>>51609976
LUPERCAL LUPERCAL
>>
>>51609957
>marine legions on the tabletop got Rhinos, ergo it's universal through the setting

Mechanicum doesn't use it, Talons don't use it, vast majority of the Army doesn't use it.
>>
>>51610000
Hey, they got two legions with "Angels" in the name. And two legions with "Iron" in the name. And two legions with "Guard" in the name. And two legions with names associated with offspring.
>>
>>51610000
Blame Graham Davey.
>>
>>51610014
>Mechanicum doesn't use it
>what is Macrocarid Explorator
>>
>>51609996
>Khenetai can take LR Phobos so that's something, also 5 WS6 S4 AP3 ID attacks per model sounds scary.
Especially if you luck out with Biomancy roll. But that's the thing with them - if you get good power and they manage to close in, they will delete enemy. Otherwise they are really forgettable as they just lack the mobility on their own. With Land Rider they are at 500pts already, and i don't see them doing enough to justify the cost.

However, they are really good at shredding other melee monsters, especially with right powers, so that's something you could look forward to.
>>
File: MacrocaridExploritor.jpg (112KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
MacrocaridExploritor.jpg
112KB, 920x950px
>>51610060
Not a Rhino?
>>
File: Know-no-Fear.jpg (159KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
Know-no-Fear.jpg
159KB, 650x822px
Is Know no Fear worth the time reading? I've been trying to read all the novels, in order, and so far I only regret Battle for the Abyss. I hate the Ultras, so if this book is just heroic Ultra-wank I may skip it. However, if it is vital to the plot and it has plenty of them getting BTFO by Word Bearers then maybe I can give it a shot.
>>
>>51610192
Definitely worth the read.
>>
>>51610056
Angles are a word strongly assocated with the marines in genral (angles of death, his angles etc) andguard is farily genric. the iron thing is dumb, but the wolf thing is extra dumb, becuae it was added semi-recently
>>
>>51609996
>Pride with ML1 Asphyx Vets sounds WAAC
That's kind of silly. They only let Veterans and Terminators buy Brotherhood of Psykers, and they only let the Veterans and the Terminators (and the IC's) buy the Asphyx Shells.
>>
>>51610309
Huh?
>>
>>51610215
>Doesn't realize that the Luna Wolves have been around since at least the index astartes
>>
>>51610337
The book isn't even out yet for general purchase, it's silly to start labeling new options as WAAC.
>>
>>51610215
Dude. That's from index astartes. That's why this >>51610058 anon was right to blame Graham Davey.
>>
>>51606847
They didn't go far enough.

Even 100,000 marines isn't that many dudes when we're talking world-striding and galaxy-spanning conflict. If the legions were supposed to have as much influence on battles as they did, 1,000,000 would have made more sense, with 40k chapters getting bumped to 10,000.

Otherwise we should basically just be talking about the Imperial Army.
>>
>>51610374
>>51610352
I thought it was invened for the BL stuff? fuck me

maybe i just hate wolves
>>
Official™ Legion Name Rankings

>GOD TIER
World Eaters
Word Bearers

>GOOD TIER
Emperor's Children
Death Guard
Night Lords
Alpha Legion

>OKAY TIER
Salamanders
Iron Warriors
Thousand Sons
White Scars

>MEDIOCRE TIER
Raven Guard
Imperial Fists
Iron Hands
Dark Angels
Blood Angels
Sons of Horus

>MISSING TIER
II Legion
XI Legion

>SHIT TIER
Ultramarines

>"SPACE" TIER
Space Wolves
>>
>>51610475
Luna Wolves were mentioned in 2nd edition Chaos codex.
>>
>>51610502

I'd take issue with you thinking White Scars is just an okay tier name but then I realised you're just a massive traitor fag with no taste.
>>
>>51610502
use the real name for SW ya git!
>>
>>51610502
>God teir
>WB
i see what you did there
>>
>>51610502
> war hounds to world eaters
> god tier
> ...
>>
Official™ Opinions Rankings

>OPINION TIER
>>51610502
>>
>>51610549
War Hounds is a good name, but Wold Eater's is still elite.

>>51610521
But Anon I'm a loyalist
It's not my fault the Traitor's almost all had better names.
>>
>find youtube channel talking about lore
>mite be comfy
>listen to top video
>less than 4 mins in they make a basic fluff error that anyone who can actually read wouldn't

What is it with this community in a) having pisspoor reading comprehension and b) being arrogant enough to not bother making sure they aren't talking shite?

>in the time it took me to write this he pronounced Omegon as Omegaron
>200,000 views

O, mega Ron, deliver me from the propagation of stupidity by the stupid to the stupid, Alpharius be thy name, amen
>>
So, why no Custodes drop pods?
>>
>>51610502
> SPACE tier
Top Kek my man
>>
>>51610502
>okay tier
>furries at the joke tier
a thousand thanks, my man
>>
>>51610644
Arch Warhammer?
>>
>>51610699
Because fluffy wise when are they ever deployed in numbers to where a drop assault is feasible.
Two or three drop pods would get blown out the sky, they are too risky for such a rare resource.
>>
>>51610699
they can buy DS as upgrades or just field valdor
>>
>>51610699
Why would an army dedicated to the protection of a Palace use drop pods? They don't have them because it's not fluffy
>>
>>51610753

Can dreads deep strike?
>>
>>51610820
Yes. I think everything on their list can deep strike.
>>
>>51610475
It's OK anon, unfortunately the space wolves have given wolves a bad name in general. But not all wolves are over the top and pants on head retarded, you just have to find the good ones, like the Luna Wolves

>Forge World did a really good job with the Luna Wolves' lore in HH1, the "wolves" name was actually earned, not just taken like some other legion
>>
>>51610192
its less ultrawank/btfo more loyalist desperate struggle
>>
File: no.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>51610820
No
>>
>>51610867
>not just taken like some other legion
I'll be among the first to throw shit at Russ and his legion, but they actually resented or laughed at the "Space Wolves" moniker.
>>
>>51610923
True, which is a good thing for the most part. But those space Salamanders though
>>
>>51610908

Valdor can grand them deep strike for free, assuming you took Valdor instead of custom face break man.
>>
>>51608629
I got them from
>>51607152
Reading that article got me thinking about pre-GC colour schemes.
>>
>>51610699
They can probably just teleport everything to wherever they want to be
>>
File: Untitled 2.png (116KB, 1030x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.png
116KB, 1030x1041px
>Russ rules represent him on his heigh of power. To give you a comparison - Angron is meant to be very weak thanks to the butcher nails at the time of Betrayal, while Horus' rules represent him at the outbreak of the heresy, so he isn't fully powered up with chaos juice yet. As the heresy continues, we will get more Primarch rules and probably more models down the line.
Did someone say power creep?
>>
>>51604961
Never.
>>
>>51611184
Oh boy, can't WAIT for Sanguinius
>>
>>51611270
Zero wounds ny the end of the Heresy.
>>
>>51611270
>can reduce his Wound stat by one to give himself S: D in the that combat phase
>>
>>51611297
kek
>>
>>51611184

It seems absurd but while I would like a Khan model, I appreciate that with just the existing white scars rules they play very uniquely and that theyre an excuse to use the other half of the legion roster that I never did with my first legion.

Thus, I don't feel angsty that their release can has been kicked down the schedule by so much
>>
>>51611297
He's going to the most maneuverable and hard hitting primarch, just watch. And five points cheaper than Horus.
>>
Is there a way to have more than 3 ICs within an AoD foc?
>>
>>51611510
He needs to watch out for chokepoint.
>>
>>51611590
Sure. LoW ICs, Allied Detachment, AL the Rewards of Treason Priest of Fenris.
>>
first attempt at building an army with LE LOUPS
RoW: Pale Hunters

LoW
Leman Russ
Wolf Kin
475 pts

HQ
Geigor Fell Hand
x2 Fenrisian Wolf
155 pts

Priest of Fenris
Mastery Level , x2 Fenrisian Wolf
145 pts

Priest of Fenris
Mastery Level 2, x2 Fenrisian Wolf
145 pts

Elite
Apothecary x3
Artificer Armour
165 pts

Contemptor Talon
x2 CCW, x2 Graviton Cannon, Havoc Launcher
205 pts

Contemptor Talon
x2 CCW, x2 Graviton Cannon, Havoc Launcher
205 pts

Troops

Grey Slayers x20
x20 Bolters, x20 Chainswords, Melta Bombs, Power Fist
260 pts

Grey Slayers x20
260 pts

Grey Slayers x20
260 pts

Heavy Support
Predator Squad, x3
225 pts

2,500 pts

HQ's and their dogs each join the three Slayer squads, Leman, his dogs, the tanks and the dreadnoughts come in from the table edge when I need them
>>
>>51611184
So how is FW gonna do various states of the Heresy without just ending with people cherry picking their favorites aka. most powerful units and characters?
>>
>>51610502

Thousand Sons is the best legion name. Only AL and EC deserve a spot in good tier.
>>
>>51611615

If you have a friendly casual scene then it should be fun but otherwise it's a bit on the vulnerable side.
>>
>>51611682
pretty much what i'm going for, local area plays for fun, only real rule is a flat ban on flyers
>>
>>51611613
Sorry, I should've have specified I'm looking for a method to add more Thousand Sons ICs.
>>
>>51610502

I appreciate white scars because it's entirely literal:

They all wear white and their common marking on all legionnaires is a facial scar. Calling a legionnaire a white scar is a very literal statement, unlike a space wolf or dark angel
>>
>>51611615
Its just meat for the meatgrinder, make points for a couple of storm eagles or something because otherwise you are fucked or not doing shit for 2-3 turns.
>>
Anyone have a link to the Death and Defiance anthology? Rooted around the mega libraries for it to no avail. I want to see Fulgrim suffering.
>>
Right, how does this nonsense look? 2000 (well, 1999) point thousand sons, no ROW.

Centurion (raptora) - 112
>ML1 (telepathy)
>AA, refractor field, force axe, bolter.

Centurion (raptora) - 112
>ML1 (divination)
>AA, refractor field, force axe, bolter.

15x Breachers (raptora) - 295
>Sarge with lightning claw, meltabombs.

15x Breachers (raptora) - 295
>Sarge with lightning claw, meltabombs.

2x Apothecary - 110 (raptora)
>AA.

Mortis dreadnought - 145
>TL autocannons, 2x HK missile.

8x Seekers (corvidae) - 215
Rhino - 35

Laser vindicator - 130

Leviathan dreadnought - 280
>Leviathan storm cannon, 2x TL heavy flamer, claw.

2x Castellax-achea battle automata.

Basic idea is the breacher blobs (each containing a centurion and an apothecary) trundle toward midfield objectives, each escorted by a "big daddy" (leviathan or castellax) who try to deal with anything particularly scary that approaches. Everything else just stands around and shoots. Psychic disciplines have basically been picked for psychic shriek & prescience.
>>
>>51611633
Siege of Terra Sanguinius when?
>>
File: 9a9.png (124KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
9a9.png
124KB, 510x546px
>>51611711
What are you talking about?
Ultra Marines is the perfect description for the No.1 Legion
>>
>>51611743
>Fulgrim suffering
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.
Here:
epub
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/wwavlg76/file.html
mobi
http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/H7jceEMd/file.html

>>51611710
Yeah I thought so faggot, no you can't, but should you ever play against me I'd allow you to double the HQ chart but I'd take 4 Mhara Gal in the Dark Brethren list.
>>
>>51611743
Everything in Death and Defiance was reprinted in War Without End.
>>
>>51611804
Awesome thank you.
I agree, which is why I'm so curious to read it.
>>
>>51611854
Anytime.
Not reading other stories in the book would be a waste. Just saying.
>>
>>51611184
I'll be so happy when Angron isn't the shittiest primarch

But I'm not sure if I'll be happy enough to take him over Kharn
>>
So I assume that if a TS psyker casts a santic power that he would still peril on a double?
>>
>>51611974
Yes. Only Magnus has the seatbelt
>>
>>51611974
Are thousand sons grey knights now?
>>
>>51611995
That's what I thought. So not really worth taking unless going against Word Bearers or you really want to cast Vortex of Doom.
>>
>>51612000
With Janus being Magnus/2 and them spamming force weapons and psykers, pretty much?
>>
>>51612039
>going against Word Bearers
>Thousand Sons
Don't do it.
>>
>>51611926
Just getting into HH so I have a long-ass backlog. But Imperfect was surprisingly satisfying, thank you again.
>>
What's the limit on the "toys" I should bring to a veteran squad?

I think I'm overdoing it on my TS vet squad. I'm buying powers, asphyx bolts, power weapons, vexila, heavy bolters and it's getting very expensive.
>>
>>51612085
No problem at all. You're doing the Emperor's Children, I assume?
>>
>>51612140
Working my way through characters I find interesting. Done with Loken (barring another revival), working on Ferrus and Angron.
>>
>>51612102
Well, heavy bolters don't benefit from the asphx bolts, so that's a potential saving right there.
>>
>>51612102
either make em shooty, or make em choppy, because otherwise it's a very expensive unit with a 3+ save and 10 wounds max. the only things i ever consider a "must have" is artificer armour on the Sargeant and a Vexila
>>
TS or WB?
What gets to decide?
I like wizards, I like demons
>>
>>51612102
Don't put a heavy bolter on them unless they are going to be holding objectives.
>>
>>51612102
>ammo for Shred
>ML1 for Prescience
>Vexila
>armor for sarge

Power weapons are not terrible thanks to prescience(or even precog), but there is no point in getting them if you don't want to melee. Also, Heavy Bolter doesn't get the Shred from ammo.
>>51612233
TS are mostly just about buffing themselves so do more rather than throwing spells around. Unless you get Magnus.
>>
>>51612233
>double dubs
I guess you get to decide.
>>
>>51612183
But isn't getting charged an inevitability though? lack of power weapons seem like a waste.
>>
>>51612286
A hidden power axe or two will help keep any enemies honest, but I wouldn't go beyond that myself.
>>
>>51612286
Getting blow to bits without ever getting to use your fancy weapons is also a possibility.

You are better off spending 10pts so they can't peril.
>>
>>51612286
You're trying to be average at many things when you should be good at one thing.

If your meta has lots of melee dudes rushing at you, then focus on shooting them down before they hit you. Have a purpose-built counter charger to smash them when they go for the bait.
>>
>>51612395
speaking of counterchargers, what are you guy's opinion on the khenetai Occult blades?

Worthless because no AP?
Great because attack numbers galore?
>>
>>51612461
Broken because they're all S7 T7 AP2 with invisibility :^).
>>
>>51612478
And 4+ FNP. And of course a 4++ from sanctuary and the raptora cult bonus.
>>
>>51612507
And they reroll every dice on the same table as them that they want to.
>>
>>51611615
You know you can't run and charge with GS squads if you have atttached characters right? They dont have the rule.
>>
>>51612461
They are really, really good at killing things in melee, especially with Biomancy buffs.

But they are still 3+ marines without mobility. So you need to get a Land Rider for them, and that's already 500pts you need to justify.
>>
>>51612576
They can just use a rhino.
>>
>>51612286
Here's what happens if you're both buying shooty and choppy upgrades:
Scenario 1
>you stay back and shoot, relatively unharmed
>your melee weapons were a waste of points

Scenario 2
>you stay back and shoot, you get shot to shit

Scenario 3
>you stay back and shoot, you get charged by a unit dedicated to melee that your power weapon of choice is weak against

Scenario 4
>you stay back and shoot, your opponent is mentally handicapped and charges you with a unit that your power weapon of choice is strong against
>congratulations, your melee weapons paid for themselves

Also note that scenario 2 and 3 are more likely to happen because the points you spent on becoming a jack-of-all-trades, your opponent spent on dedicated shooting or melee units.
>>
>>51612233
wizards and daemons = WB

>>51612576
Is there a way to buy Drop Pods as not-DTs?
>>
>>51612675
Yep, both the anvillus and kharybdis can be bought on their own. And the deathstorm, if you want to play the numbers for the drop pod assault rule.
>>
>>51612726
So, would it be advisable to put Khenetai inside them, instead of a Rhino? They come on turn 1 and can safely charge at something on turn 2
>>
>>51612801
Problem of scatter and reserve rolls aside(at least Divination can help with later), that's still a turn where they can be shoot off board. They are still only standard Marines(besides their sarge) and losing even three of them means -1A.

Having FnP or Iron Arm helps a ton there, though. Also, they are pretty terrible against vehicles, so you have to throw them at units.
>>
>>51612867
Infantry don't have to get out of an anvillus turn 1, do they? You can leave them in there, then (assuming it hasn't been shot down) in turn 2 put it into hover mode and have them disembark & assault.
>>
>>51612928
Yes, its a flyer with drop pod rules.
>>
>>51612253
>>51612675
I guess I can do Shattered Legions with Thousand Sons at some later point, I've already gotten a 1000+ Daemons force and I don't have the KSons upgrades (which are very iconic of them) at hand.
Has anyone tried Screamer Pink for a dark red base?
>>
>>51610502 (you)
>>
When you want more robutts but money is a thing (2500pts)

HQ (480pts)

Anacharis Scoria (315pts) [Xanathite Abeyant]

Magos Dominus (90pts) [Cyber-familiar, Laspistol]

Magos Dominus (75pts) [Laspistol]

Troops (1280pts)

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (360pts) [Enhanced Targeting Arrays]
Castellax class Battle-automata [2x Bolter, Maulter Bolt Cannon, Stock Chargers]
Castellax class Battle-automata [2x Bolter, Maulter Bolt Cannon, Stock Chargers]

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple (360pts) [Enhanced Targeting Arrays]

Thallax Cohort (280pts) [Ferrox, 6x Thallax]

Thallax Cohort (280pts) [Ferrox, 6x Thallax]

Fast Attack (175pts)

The Homonculex (175pts)

Heavy Support (565pts)

Krios Battle Tank Squadron (150pts) [Krios Venator Tank Destroyer]

Krios Battle Tank Squadron (150pts) [Krios Venator Tank Destroyer]

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple (265pts) [Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar Class Siege-automata]

Legion

Legio [Legio Cybernetica]

Thoughts? I considered getting rid of the spare Dominus to chuck some blades on the Thallax but wanted some insurance against losing control of my bloops.
>>
>>51610530
"People of Fenris", or "Fenris Folk", however you want to translate it, isn't much better.
>>
>>51613144
You mean Wolves of Fenris?
>>
>>51613161
You mean the Awoos of Dog Wolfborn?
>>
>>51613188
Have a (You) for that one, my good dude.
>>
File: 1486491521856.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1486491521856.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Should I keep the beakie helm?
These are going to be Siege of Terra bitter boys btw
>>
>>51613359
Also sorry I'm a filthy phone-poster.
>>
>>51612233
TS with WB allies made up of Zardu Layak and one Tactical squad with Dark Channeling. Model them with Rubric Marines and TS sorcerer kits. Then use Layak to summon Tzeentch daemons with all the dice generated by the TS units.
>>
>>51607152
Where are Iron Hands and Iron Warriors?
>>
Talons of Emperor fluff when?
>>
>>51613561
Once we get Saturnine Terminator Armor
>>
>>51613188
This is now canon
>>
>>51613161
Vlka is similar to the Germanic word for people and the Slavic word for wolf. Which culture do you think the Space Wolves are modeled after?
>>
>>51613824
>Which culture do you think the Space Wolves are modeled after?

Deviantart?
>>
>>51613851
*furaffinity
>>
As a Space Awooos player I feel very unwelcome here.
>>
>>51613907
Good?
>>
>>51613851
lol.

It's a little uncertain though. I mean, they're obviously Varangians (Vikings), but the "Rus" in "Russia" probably comes from a group of Vikings that settled in Russia, ruled over the local Slavs, and eventually adopted the Slavic language and most of their culture. And that's Russ's last name.

I looked up "Leman" and it apparently means "sweetheart". But it comes from lief+man, "beloved person", which makes more sense.
>>
File: laughing evil wolf.gif (814KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing evil wolf.gif
814KB, 300x225px
>>51613851
>>
File: awoo.jpg (42KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
awoo.jpg
42KB, 600x742px
>>51613907
hhg is a nest of bullied nerds

space awoos suck tho
>>
How do you guys feel about using the new Gerantius rules in 30k?

I've found that Quaestoris Knights aren't actually that good in a world filled with cheap, spammable S6/7 guns and changes to D.
>>
>>51614347
>knights aren't good enough
>>
What's the ally status of Talons? I just can't find any mention of this in the photos.
>>
>>51614361
No, don't get me wrong, they're powerful and downright Killy, but they suuuuuck at objectives and the easy spam of Melta/Plasma/Volkite/etc. can down the fuckers with relative ease.

I remember my first game with them against UM was looking really good, but then a heavy weapons squad downed a knight in one turn by taking the volkite guns against his side armor.

Are they stupidly good on the field? Yes. Are they that good at winning? No. too many enemy bodies and not enough map control to actually be effective
>>
File: TSBanners WD120.jpg (1MB, 700x957px) Image search: [Google]
TSBanners WD120.jpg
1MB, 700x957px
A gift from White Dwarf 120
>>
>>51614385
I would presume they're "Agents of the Emperor". So Sworn Brothers with all Loyalists. Doesn't say re. Traitors, but I'd presume they'll get Agents of the Warmaster instead.
>>
File: WB_Zone_Mortalis.jpg (169KB, 671x662px) Image search: [Google]
WB_Zone_Mortalis.jpg
169KB, 671x662px
Word Bearer daemonfag here.
Until I get more units, I'll be running Zone Mortalis games so pic related interests me. In ZM FOC there's no primary detachment, only in AoD FOC, right? Meaning I could do without a second compulsory Chaplain or Centurion HQ and thus be free to use the Dark Brethren Rite.
Also, Mhara Gal how big a dick is one for using it in ZM?
>>
>>51614424
>heavy weapons squads are good at antitank
>especially if you let them into the side arc
>more at 11
>>
So guys, servo-automata in tech priest squads for a mechanicum army, how should i equip them?

i was tempted with flamers, but are the heavy weapon better
>>
new bread when
>>
>>51614649
you should make one
>>
>>51614625
Servo arms and put them behind something important? I feel none of the gun options are a must. How is it that Militia can have plasma fusils, but Mechanicum nor Marines can't?
>>
>>51614808
>>
>>51614427
So it turns out predator is a thousand sons fan an not the other way around. Thanks for this
>>
>>51614505
I don't think so. Pretty sure the intention is that yiur primary detachment is which ever FOC you pick from the ones you're using.
>>
>>51611184
>Plan is to get everything done.
>implying there was a choice

>only 5 titans per side
>just a drop in the bucket
>>
>>51614347
>new
They're a copy/paste
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.