[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 64

File: HHG Infurno edition 6.jpg (520KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
HHG Infurno edition 6.jpg
520KB, 1180x842px
Rolled 1 (1d20)

WOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLFWOLF edition
Every single TSon is S7 T7 AP2 invisible with 4++ 4+++ and reroll every single dice possible subedition.

Previous thread >>51604071

>INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
First for best primarch!
>>
File: 20170207_212339.jpg (762KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_212339.jpg
762KB, 1632x1224px
What are you working on tonight?
>>
File: Legio_Custodes_illustration.jpg (131KB, 738x621px) Image search: [Google]
Legio_Custodes_illustration.jpg
131KB, 738x621px
How do I make my Custodes Shield captain stand out from the other Custodes? Simply give him a cloak or a bare head?
>>
File: 1486209114633.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486209114633.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
>>51614934
>>
>>51614934
Reverse the colour scheme between his armour and his cloak.
>>
>>51614945
Event only isnt it? I won't be able to buy it.

>>51614957
So red armour and golden cloak?
>>
File: Page68.jpg (2MB, 2550x3556px) Image search: [Google]
Page68.jpg
2MB, 2550x3556px
>>51614934
Wait for FW to make a generic HQ model for them.

RESIN SISTERS WHEN
>>
>>51614934
More eagles, different crest color, different colors on the leather bits or the shoulder pad color.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (112KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
112KB, 772x817px
>>51615023
>sistersfags are in 30k now as well

kill me
>>
>>51614993
>Event only isnt it? I won't be able to buy it.
Event-only minis are one thing that practically everyone thinks can be justifiably bought from Chinaman.
>>
>>51615023
That sister has two topknots. They look like pigtails. What is blanche even doing.
>>
>>51614892
Was working on an apothecary, but then realized I don't have all the bits for it. And I've lost my paperclips, so no pinning shit either. At least I finally I ordered some shoulder pads that I can make my Indomitus squad.
>>
>>51614945
man
i need to go to more of these events
>>
File: Page77.jpg (1MB, 2550x3556px) Image search: [Google]
Page77.jpg
1MB, 2550x3556px
>>51615081
I just want my excruciatus and pursuer cadres. And power axes.
>>
>>51614993
Have hope, I found my Skorr on ebay, paid about 40 pounds for it, including delivery from the UK.

>>51615085
Indeed, being event-only justifies recasts.
>>
File: sos-rhino.jpg (3MB, 2271x1593px) Image search: [Google]
sos-rhino.jpg
3MB, 2271x1593px
>>51615023
Rhinos for Sisters when?
>>
Why are loyalist Legions so boring or dumb thematically/visually?
>>
>>51615132

I got my Skorr for $6 as an addon to my chinaman order.
>>
>>51615139
Never, FW gave them the dildofleshlight as a transport vehicle and that is what they will have to make do with.

>Women coming out of a phallic shaped vehicle
>FW : "This is fine."
>>
>>51615160

White Scars at least are a legion where their initial lore gimmick was so stupid it forced authors to actually give them character.

All the other loyalists not so much.
>>
So why are TSons, bananas and yiffs OP?

Everyone is complaining about powercreep.
>>
>>51615160
because spikes can go in more places than eagles
>>
>>51615226
Because nobody's played with or against them yet.
>>
File: 1486498518761.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1486498518761.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Just bought this one. I don't know the author, haven't read the book yet, but I thought I'd share.

Considering that's the guy's first 40k novel, if you liked it, buyt it, it'll be nice to him.

Good reading lads.
>>
File: 1486291641709.jpg (83KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1486291641709.jpg
83KB, 640x481px
How good will it be?
>>
>>51615361
If that gun is the heavy 420 cannon off the calladius, then pretty good.
>>
>>51615226
By everybody you mean one shitposter.

Magnus is absurd, shield captain is absurd. Terminators are a bit cheap. Other than that it's fine.
>>
How did the Thousand Sons become so popular?
>>
>>51615226
IF are fine.
>>
Will sisters get any other vehicles?
>>
>>51615361
>how the GK Dreadknight should look like
>>
>>51615427
Nerds just love Nerds: The Legion.
>>
>>51615427

They were always popular.

No one played them because Rubrics are unplayably overcosted in 40k and it is impossible to play a fluffy TSons army that can win.

So they all have other armies. Armies that don't get tabled turn 3 and can cause more than 273 pts of damage during the game.

But now TSons have legion tactics, so all the people with 40k TSon displays can make a 30k army and play games without know they lost when they accepted the game.
>>
>>51615361
I wanna like it, but the fact that it's based off of the Mk1 Terminator Armor bothers me to no end....

May end up getting one and with a little sanding, paint it up on legion colors
>>
>>51615427
>Space Nerds
>cool design
>compelling story and characters, especially when compared to other characters
>>
>>51615427
because when I was young I wanted to be a wizard, blue is my favourite colour, I had an emo phase when I was 11-13 because I was getting bullied so 'all is dust' fit well with me. My autism gave me a parralel to how when not around certain people I act like a robot and fail. and because they get the best of tzeentch without growing an eye on their dick
>>
>>51615226
>yiffs OP

Their rules are decent but not that powerful, Russ kills shit 1v1 and doesnt do much else.

1ksons are so modular because of their reliance on psychic powers that you can either go full on cheese which will leave you a bit outnumbered when compared to other legions or you could do a normal legion list with some psychic support.
>>
>>51615478
I'm talking about how they became popular in the first place, before Shitferno.

>>51615474
So it's like autists just love the Iron Warriors?
>>
Can I add let's say custode terminators to a SoS army without having a custode HQ?
>>
File: Wordfags_Zone_Mortalis.jpg (169KB, 671x662px) Image search: [Google]
Wordfags_Zone_Mortalis.jpg
169KB, 671x662px
Reposting this from the previous thread:
Word Bearer daemonfag here.
Until I get more units, I'll be running Zone Mortalis games so pic related interests me. In ZM FOC there's no primary detachment, only in AoD FOC, right? Meaning I could do without a second compulsory Chaplain or Centurion HQ and thus be free to use the Dark Brethren Rite which required a Diabolist.
Also, Mhara Gal how big a dick is one for using it in ZM?
>>
>>51615520
Personally I like Thousand Sons immensely because the main thing I respect is intellect and knowledge, and also firmly believe that willfull ignorance is the worst trait of humanity.
>>
>>51615520
>So it's like autists just love the Iron Warriors?
The real autists are Custodes, read MoM.
>>
>>51615534
aren't they separate armies though?
>>
>>51615445
Someday, FW said they plan on doing a redbook for Talons of the Emperor, so it's expected they'll get more units there.
>>
>>51615534
Think so.
>>
>>51615534
Yes. For some reason Sisters need a HQ per 3 units while Custodes have no such limitation. Would love to take a Sisters unit with my Custodes, but can't take them since Allies can only have 1 HQ and I'm not giving up my Captain.

>>51615569
No, they're one list.
>>
>>51615160
Mostly because they're the same as in 40k, so we're familiar with them. I really think that's it. There wouldn't be as much excitement if World Eaters were already in their red+brass scheme, for example.

It's a missed opportunity. Okay, they've stayed away from giving the Dark Angels all the robes and plasma they have in 40k - that's great. And they changed the SW's shade of gray. But the Blood Angels have the same decorations as they do in 40k. Why? They could've done something wild like make them a flyer-heavy legion specialized in fighting in the atmosphere of gas planets. Or at least removed all the tear motifs and made that an affectation they adopted after losing Sanguinius.

The Salamanders didn't have to be the fire legion. They could've had some other random obsession, and then late in the Heresy they declared themselves "reborn like the phoenix" and THEN became obsessed with flame weapons.

The Iron Hands should've had more legion-specific Mechanicum units than the Thousand Sons. At least their color scheme isn't quite the same as in 40k... though still pretty dull.

It makes sense for Imperial Fists to be ramrod-straight and boring, and they got all their cool shield units. And as the template for 40k chapters and the healthiest post-Heresy legion, it was best not to mess with Ultramarines too much. But the others could've been changed more.
>>
>>51615548

RoW are designed for the AoD force org. The other ones don't allow them unless the mission says you can take them. (This stuff is in the beginning of Red Book.)

If your running ZM games, you can use the AoD Force org and a RoW or the ZM force org for it's bonuses.

Dreadnoughts are generally awesome on ZM and you should make sure that you can kill one if it comes to play. The fact that the Mhara Gal can bypass most obstacles is awesome also.

Just make sure that you mention that you might bring things with AVs when you schedule a game, just as courtesy. It's nice when your playing someone to let them know you might bring a Dreadnought to a infantry fight. (Just so they know to bring something that can deal with it. You don't have to tell them it's a Mhara Gal. That would ruin the surprise!)
>>
>>51615548
I'm starting a word bearers army, could you tell me how did you choose what chapter to use and how does it show on your minis? Thanks!
>>
>>51615534
Speaking of allies, what level of ally are the Talons of the Emperor? Sworn Brothers with loyalists?
>>
>>51615830

I would presume they're "Agents of the Emperor". So Sworn Brothers with all Loyalists. Doesn't say re. Traitors, but I'd presume they'll get Agents of the Warmaster instead.
>>
Has anyone here checked to see if the Seminars are on Twitch yet?
>>
>>51615408
Dunno, if Ryan Kimmel says they're OP, I'm inclined to believe him. He's the rules guru as far as I'm concerned.

>>51615226
TSons have 2W Terminators that don't pay much for that wound and their other special stuff. They get enough dice to be guaranteed to get some of the psychic powers that are generally considered OP, like invisibility. And Magnus is really good against a wide variety of targets.

Custodes might be easy to shoot off the table. In isolation, Valdor sounds OP for the points, and giving everyone Deep Strike is insane, but not having an assault tank and being expensive might balance things out (except in ZM). This one's less obvious than TSons.

SW have an incredible primarch and their troops choice is a lot more versatile than any others. The jury is still out about how nasty they are without Russ.
>>
>>51615772
The tears are probably blood drops now, but when you're best legion it will make you weep.
>>
>>51615883
>Ryan Kimmel

Who?

I'd say thousand sons are damn good, but they can still be dealt with. SW are fine. I honestly expected more from them.
>>
>>51615851
Right, well that's excellent news!
>>
>>51615942
>Ryan Kimmel
Radio free istvaan, 30k podcast.
>>
>>51615081
You knew it was going to happen.
>>
>>51615226

Tsons termies are suspiciously cheap. Magnus is pretty ridiculous for a primarch which makes him about even with a real LoW.

Russ kills things in melee, wolves are pretty mediocre otherwise.
>>
>>51615791
>If your running ZM games, you can use the AoD Force org and a RoW or the ZM force org for it's bonuses.
I see. There was some mention of Rites in ZM so I thought that they can be normally applied to ZM FOC. To be frank, I've been occupied in the fluff sections mostly, and rules being all over the place didn't help much. Thank you for clearing that up.

>Mhara Gal
Yes, I guess you're right about mentioning fielding AV. I'm asking about it because of that rule, I wouldn't want it to break the game.

>>51615822
I'll go with the Black Comet if I'm able to freehand it, since it doesn't have transfers. Simply the rule of cool.
If I can't paint it on minis, I might invent my own for painting's sake. I haven't painted any minis yet as I decided upon Word Bearers only few hours ago, it was them or Thousand Sons, but then I saw all the daemons I have on sprues so it wasn't a hard choice to make.
Books 3 and 5 have some chapter iconography with scarce description if you're interested in more. Several chapters already bear some reminiscence to specific gods, such as Osseous Throne and Tri-fold Crown if you're into that, but they should still be undivided in allegiance.

>>51615883
>The jury is still out about how nasty they are without Russ.
Shouldn't be any nastier than the Black Reaving Sons of Horus.
>>
>>51616079
>Books 3 and 5
Books 2 and 5
>>
>>51616045
I'm almost glad Wolves are are meh. At least they won't get shit for being OP snowflakes.
>>
>>51616079
Just bring the Mhara Gal once and if it breaks the game, then you know and you won't bring it again.

Worst case you have one bad game and know better.
>>
>>51615520
>I'm talking about how they became popular in the first place, before Shitferno.

Because they have a better story than many other factions in this game.

>guys that have been loyally following the Emperor BEFORE the Greate Crusade
>got named by the Emperor himself
>start suffering flesh-change
>other Legions ask Emps to dismantle the Thousand Sons
>Emperor and Magnus start warp-chat way earlier their physical meeting
>Imperial Court discover Prospero and Magnus
>everything goes well and dandy; flesh-change is abated
>Prosperine knowledge and education methods are the best in the galaxy
>noone suffers from perils, even in the place with the most concentration of psykers/sq. mt. in space
>flesh-change comes back, Magnus has to make a deal with unknown forces
>goes off Crusading with his kids, conquer many planets without having to expend too many Imperial resources
>With his best bros Khan and Sanguinius, start the Librarius program
>jealousy strikes many in the Imperium; they demand psykery to be culled
>Nikaea happens; Marines cannot use their abilities to help against enemies
>basically neutering Thousand Sons, which don't have the manpower of other legions to battle like them
>Magnus and his crew go in seclusion, studying the warp
>Erebus, the dickiest person in the galaxy, sways Lorgar and Horus to Chaos
>Magnus tries to help his loved brother to stop going down such path
>His wise words are nothing to the sweet predicaments of Chaos
>Tries to warn the Emperor about Horus
>Destroys the webway and the golden throne projects
>Emps doesn't even listen to him and tells him he's fucked
>Emps sends Space Wolves to bring back Magnus
>Horus intercepts Russ and alters his orders. Wolfy-man doesn't even blink, having now a good excuse to purge the bookworms
>Magnus, stricken with guilt, sends many of his sons away and close all communications to and from Prospero, awaiting his fate
>>
>>51616142

If you don't take Russ you are literally SoH/WE tier, Competent but not frustrating to play against. Don't feel bad at all.
>>
>>51616142
You never know your luck, they might get buffed. The B&C tactics thread for the wolves is basically just people saying they wish they had better rules, and talking about putting pressure on forgeworld to buff them like they did the justaerin.
>>
>>51616079
I was thinking of the twisting rune as I hate ultramarines (also a friend plays them) so it makes sense. Then I realized that they where exterminated in Calth so it would be restrictive for their use later because I am a lore autist. I have ordered the transfers from FW but I still don't know what to do.
Being a heretic is hard
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 591x257px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 591x257px
>>51616209
This, the story of the thousand sons is basically a classical tragedy, and classical tragedies are some good shit.
>>
>>51616209
(cont)
>His generals don't think like him and bravely fight Space Wolves, Custodes and Sisters of Silence
>Raptora libs create a immense shield to protect Tizca against orbital fire
>One of them controls a fucking Warlord Titan with his mind
>They manage to hold the tide, until Tzeentch shows his hand and flesh-change comes back
>Civilians aren't spared of the Imperial wrath
>All is dus... lost, until Magnus finally joins in
>S: D novas everywhere
>Imperial Agents get fucked left and right
>Russ and Magnus duel
>After a hard battle, Magnus loses
>Finally he gives up and Tzeentch takes him and the rest of the legion away

They remained loyal to the bitter end of Tizca. They never wanted to betray the Imperium, and still the Imperium didn't care. Their struggle was for naught. Their hope was crushed. They're the underdogs of Horus Heresy.

And yet they endured. They managed to kick the Wolves' ass twice after HH.

That's why I love them.
>>
>>51615177
That sounds good but how many months did you wait to get it?
>>
>>51616233
Well, the Wolf Guard terminators are a bit shit. I calculated that if I used my terminator squad as Wolf Guard, I'd pay 150pts. extra for +1 str. on power weapons and a buffed charge. Maybe if they were 2 wounds and available as command squad, I'd actually consider it some more.

Destroyer Wolves are better than regular ones, even though they don't get jump packs and Grey Slayers I find to be nice, though the entry is a mess and in dire need of editing.
>>
>>51616200
True enough.

>>51616236
All the Ultramarine haters died on Calth so at least it suits you. You can always go with a broken chapter structure later in the Heresy, though I suppose most Word Bearers retained their organisation despite the scheming and rampant backstabbing in order to gain more power.
There's Graven Star, Flayed Hand, Serrated Sun and the Unspeaking icons on FW transfers, just in case.
>>
>>51615226
>bananas
You mean cuckstodes?
>>
Is the /hhg/ podcast still happening? If it is, for the love of all that is holy, make sure the hosts sound nice. I started listening to Radio Free Istvaan and dear God the one guy sounds like nails on a chalkboard. Like someone combined Sheldon cooper and the teenager from the Simpsons. Like his balls are in the process of dropping during the episode. Fuck.
>>
>>51616304
>They're the underdogs of Horus Heresy.
>*unsheathes psychic powers*
>*kills all of the custodes and space wuffs*
The raven guard, iron hands and salamanders are the underdogs of the horus heresy. Made irrelevant without fanfare in the opening stages of the fight, with basically nothing to show for it.
>>
What where the space wolves called before they found russ, and does anyone have the pic of their field police?
>>
>>51615263
>the file is damaged and could not be repaired
>>
>>51616384
Stop forcing such a bad meme
>>
>>51616384
Who are they cucking?
>>
>>51616330

less than 30 days generally, I'm on the west coast though.
>>
>>51616436
Primarchs
>>
>>51616293
Huh, never thought of it that way, and didn't know the definition fit so well. Thanks!
>>
So as I want to build a Whale-Stormbird, what weapons should I include? 40k version has 4 turreted Lascannon and 3 Twin Hbolters, but AFAIK the 30k one has an extra las and no bolters. How would I go about representing the Void Shields and the Orbital Strike?

Also somewhat worried about having it the right size, since the models I can find are 15" long, and that's about 4" short. I suppose I could put some engines on the tail and add a plume of exhaust, and tell my opponents they can shoot that too?

Also, what crazy stuff could I do with it? Going to have a gondola, upper deck and the fins will have the leading edge armoured and possibly loaded up with a couple missiles.
It's my Archmagos Genetor's personal ride, so I can go a bit mental. Was considering cutting an indent into the belly, having the skin stretched around all the mechanical bits and hatches leading from the gondola to the upper deck, and having the ribcage protrude from there to hold the gondola in place.
>>
>Horus costs more than Magnus
>Magnus can casually vaporize him with Smite

I know i'm beating a dead horse at this point, but i still can't believe that FW thought that this was a good idea.
>>
>>51614347
>new
They're a copy/paste.
>>
File: 20161011_182843.jpg (191KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_182843.jpg
191KB, 1600x900px
>>51616236
Also how did you paint yours, if any? I found the recipe for the way I want to do mine, sadly don't have Carroburg Crimson right now so I'll try experimenting tomorrow with what I have.
Red's like in pic related (battlebunnies) but without airbrush and I yet have to decide on whether I'll do the regular silver trim or go with bronze for a more "Mesopotamian" feel.
>>
>>51616534
Hopefully next edition nerfs psychics as a whole.
>>
>>51614892
Test scheme for TS with spare dudes
>>
>>51616534
>cuckstode king costs 270 points
>he can kill horus
>>
>>51616530
Stormbird can become D-Bird by buying unlimited range S:D Ordnance for 150pts.
>>
>>51616559

And he's still straight inferior to an Atrapos, especially if said atrapos has a household rank.
>>
>>51616616
Psychics as a whole don't need nerfing, a lot of powers are pretty well balanced. Hell, just remove invisibility and you've gone a long way to fixing things.
>>
>>51616651
Powers are crazy unbalanced. Biomancy, Divination, Technomancy and Summoning make others look like shit.
>>
>>51616633
Yeah, I noticed. Looks shiny, especially since this is 30k and I don't have to worry about it instantly deleting my 'Bird on a bad scatter, since at worst it's 7HP. Still nasty, but more unlikely than before.

How the hell do i represent that, though? Maybe mount a Warhound Turbolaser turret on the top? Give the whale Eye Beams?
>>
>>51616773

Put some sort of focus lens in the front of the head. a bit like the Space Battleship Yamato's wave motion cannon.
>>
>>51615772
I agree with most of your comment, but some things are difficult to change.
We've got Sanguinius crying, and his ship is called the Red Tear.
And even though Vulkan out-phoenixes Fulgrim with the whole "reborn from a volcano" thing, the Salamanders are from Nocturne, aka the fire lizards live on a burning coal.
It just is.
>>
>>51616410
Perhaps. But from those 3, I only really care about Raven Guard
>>
>>51616813
I had not heard of that, and I suspect it would look cool, but I have no idea how to make that at all, and the lower half of the head may or may not be taken up being the top part of the command bridge.
>>
>>51616850
Yeah, I know. But they could've made the Salamanders not be obsessed with Nocturne until their "rebirth". The Blood Angels aren't very Baaly.

I like that the SW have a totally different role during the Heresy compared to 40k, and the Dark Angels changed completely in character too (except they look dull in 30k). That's just two of the loyalists.

On the traitor side, six legions changed a lot (EC, WE, DG, TS, SoH, WB - okay, maybe the WB not as much) and that's why we like them so much.
>>
File: IMG-20170207-WA0029.jpg (855KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170207-WA0029.jpg
855KB, 2560x1536px
>>51616610
I've been doing some tests but the one I found to like the most wast the left one, using khorne red as base colour, highligting a lot and then using devlan mud in the whole power armour
>>
>>51617013
A bit dark in the image but I like your Word Bearers.
>>
>>51617013
>>51616610
I'm using the phone so the picture is shit I hope you get the idea anyway
>>
>>51617059
Yes, it's 23:00 here sorry I couldn't get a better picture. Thanks anyways!
>>
File: 1484390738968.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1484390738968.gif
2MB, 350x197px
How do I build a SW list that most closely approximates my pic related?
>>
>>51617013

Looks pretty good, I've been taking Wazdakka Red and mixing it with black, but Khorne Red is that dark right away(assuming you put a wash on it)? Maybe I should give it a try.
>>
>>51617119

Take pet wolves on all of your HQs? Or play 40k Space Wolves and get wolf packs and wolf cavalry.
>>
File: Legionary Dredd.jpg (219KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Legionary Dredd.jpg
219KB, 768x1024px
>>51617119
Legionary Dredd will put you down. No Awoo beyond this point on pain of death.
>>
>>51617135
Yes, I found the ones painted for the betrayal at calth box a bit too bright but using khorne red and wash instead of mephiston red helps a lot!
>>
File: image.png (149KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149KB, 500x512px
>>51617119
That Doggo is so riled up.
>>51617178
Awoo?
>>
File: Imperial arf arf arf.jpg (264KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial arf arf arf.jpg
264KB, 1600x1068px
>>51617329
Absowootly.
>>
>>51616977
>not very Baaly
>aka I didn't read 'Fear to Tread' where it talks about how there was differences between the recruits but then they all shared in the blood drinking competitions
>>
>>51617371
>assault cannon secondary weapons
Is this space wolf knight or a blood angel knight?
>>
File: awoo playing flute.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
awoo playing flute.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>51617329
Awoo
>>
>>51617329
Legionary Dredd has been dispatched to you location. He should kill you within 48hrs. Have a pleasant demise.

>>51617371
You have been placed in a queue. Please be patient.

Thought for the day: Space wolves are scum
>>
>>51617178
>remove awwoooo
B A S E D
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 1024x719px
>>51617371
>>51617419
>>51617424
>mfw the Eternal Awoo can't be stopped
>>
>>51616209
>>jealousy strikes many in the Imperium; they demand psykery to be culled
>Jealousy
Anon, regulated & sanctioned psychic power is nice, like how the Guilliman was a non-vocal supporter.
And in fact more people either wanted the Librarius or didn't care too much about it, like Dorn...but then (fucking) Magnus went and RUINED IT FOR EVERYONE by wanting UNRESTRICTED SORCERY WITH (((FAMILIARS))).

Magnus caused the (already planned to be honest) banning of psykers, and then he destroyed Mankind's Hope by breaking the Imperial Webway, and then doomed his legion in half-hearted capitulation, and then FURTHER doomed them with his pact with Tzeentch.

All in all, Magnus was always his own enemy, and he isn't the protagonist in the tragedy, that's the Emperor

Magnus has always been the fool.
>>
>>51617448
The emperor is just another filthy psyker.

Remove psyker.
>>
File: Fenrisian wolfwolfwolves.png (272KB, 514x336px) Image search: [Google]
Fenrisian wolfwolfwolves.png
272KB, 514x336px
>>51617447
+++Thought for the day: Awoo~+++
>>
>>51615969

RFI is overrated as fuck. Half an hour into the podcast and there's been more fucking food talk than hobby talk
>>
>>51617371

Is there a wolfen in there?
>>
File: An Cap scoria.jpg (337KB, 645x657px) Image search: [Google]
An Cap scoria.jpg
337KB, 645x657px
>>51617488
>When you doom humanity to being in the thrall of unfathomably evil psychic intelligences from another dimension but it's ok because you don't have a psyker in charge
>>
I am considering getting into 30k. My question is, which Legion should I get into?
loyalists need not apply
ESPECIALLY NO AWOO[\spoiler]
>>
>>51617535
Emperor's Children
>>
>>51617535
>not being a loyalist
Name one thing traitors do better other than fucking everything up.
>>
>>51617535
Do you dare invoke the sacred dubs?
>>
>>51617535
+++MORE INFORMATION REQUIRED+++

What sort of stuff do you like? Heavy infantry, jump infantry, tanks, shooting, melee, what? Also, what's your favourite colour?
>>
>>51617535
>loyalists need not apply
>He's not going to do a warp cult
>>
>>51617535
Play Khorne Daemons
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>51617535
2 Blackshields
11 warp cults
>>
>>51617533
Dorn should be in charge. Guilliman would fuck it up with too many rules and Sangy is another filthy psyker. The emperor should get on his knees and ask dorn what he should do.

You should never take orders from a psyker.
>>
>>51617575
Satiate the hunger of the gods
>>
>>51617609
To bad Dorn was shit at his job.
>>
File: hhg wat autist r u.png (163KB, 2457x3441px) Image search: [Google]
hhg wat autist r u.png
163KB, 2457x3441px
>>51617535
>>
>>51617575
>double 75s
Emperor confirmed rightful ruler of humanity, and allowed to do basically whatever He wants until His great plan is completed.
>>
>>51617628
Please tell me how dorn fucked up. Other than wearing yellow
>>
File: Baal.png (896KB, 1024x466px) Image search: [Google]
Baal.png
896KB, 1024x466px
>>51616977
>The Blood Angels aren't very Baaly.
Considering Baal is the Lord of the Flies, if the Blood Angels were more like him they'd be Death Guard.
It's a missed oportunity we got Barbarus instead of Baal as a homeworld
>>
>>51617653
First off we got Iron Cage. Second off emps was disappointed with him losing the war. Third off his wall on Terra was so shit that Sangy(aka filthy psyker) had to hold off 8-9 traitor legions single-handedly for three days.

Good mustache though.
>>
>>51617628
>has one third of the legions, one quarter of the deities, the lack of a height advantage and the so called """"Warmaster"""" is opposing him
>wins
Whatever you say anon.
>>
File: lorgar.jpg (161KB, 640x409px) Image search: [Google]
lorgar.jpg
161KB, 640x409px
>>51617607

>17

Your fate is sealed, anon. The Dark Gods have chosen you!
>>
File: image.png (66KB, 523x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66KB, 523x346px
>>51617488
Heresy
>>51617495
Not to that level.
>>
>>51617681
Death Guard aren't Baaly, they just reap it.
>>
>>51617583
I would probably start out by playing Zone Mortalis or smaller point games and go from there. Current favourites are Night Lords, Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons, World Eaters and Alpha Legion.
>>
>>51617575
>>51617576
magical
>>
>>51617707
None of these are fuck ups compared to russ refusing to defend terra and leaving, or guilliman trying to make a new fucking empire. Dorn is the best there is. Sad but true.
>>
>>51617741
Russ and Guilliman are shit also, no doubt.
>>
>>51617496
Yeah, that always happens. The voicemail section has become Willow talk and disgusting (but funny) stories from people in the military or law enforcement. But they always get an hour of list-building in there, and I learn a lot during that time. It's the last section - skip ahead if you want.

If you don't like them, fair enough, I get it. Their specials are probably good times to chime in, like when they review red book changes. They're by far the best podcast at that.
>>
>>51615385

It looks like the smaller version, to me
>>
File: Donald Xana.png (2MB, 1040x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Donald Xana.png
2MB, 1040x1106px
>>51617653
Dorn tried to Malcador when it was obvious he wasn't sanctioned to Malcador on his own.
>>
>>51617741
To be fair to Russ, he was ordered to go away from Terra, and by the time he found out he had to go back even the gottagofast legion apparently needed a webway to get home in time.
>>
File: 1479241295232.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1479241295232.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>51617119
>>
Why do Space Awooos get so bullied?
>>
File: Kopinsky incident.png (366KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kopinsky incident.png
366KB, 1000x1000px
>>51617717
Kopinsky was a mistake.
>>51617719
Kek
>>
>>51617802
They never wash.
>>
>>51617496
One of these iTunes reviews agrees:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/radio-free-isstvan-podcast/id1096723739?mt=2
>>
>>51617784
fucking kek. Do what we say or we'll kill you is essentially the Imperium's bottom line. This improves Dorn in my opinion.

>>51617794
Some psyker may have altered my memory of the event, but I recall he couldn't deal with the hurry up and wait aspect. It was Magnus wasn't it?
>>
>>51617802
Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
>>
>>51617810
Hey, I just took a shower.
>>
File: 1483078956428.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1483078956428.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Less awoo, more space.
>>
>>51617802
These threads are full of traitor shits that can't handle the sheer loyalty of the Emperor's Executioners.
>>
>>51617873
Being a huge nerd is always a mistake.
>>
>>51617881

but the Luna Wolves were the ones who took the moon...
>>
>>51617802
40k Wolves.
>>51617881
Source?
>>
>>51617887
>Using psykers after emps banned psykers

Not sure about that.
>>
>>51616236
Eh, you could say that they're remnants of what managed to escape alongside Kor Phaeron. It's what I'm doing for my Twisted Rune into their 40k Khorne influenced WB warband.
>>
>>51617911
Literally conversing with an animal. Why do you waste your time?
>>
>>51617911
Wolves were sanctioned to use the power of Fenris.
>>
>>51617911
Literal Fenris powers are canon now.
>>
>>51617899
Not the moon, A moon.
There are plenty of moons, why would the SW be talking about The moon.
>go back and read it
I don't even know.
>>
>>51617923
>>51617927
>>51617940

Still warpshit. Get it out of here.
>>
>>51617535
Word Bearers. They quite literally cannot be loyalists.
>>
>>51617952
Morty, go home, you're drunk.
Also, you picked the side with more warp powers anyway you damn fool.
>>
Shame, i'd hoped for T'Kar as a special character. With the random ability to turn into a spawn.

TSons look nice though.
>>
Does anyone else love that they didn't even pretend that Kurze is Batman with his rules? He even has batarangs!
>>
>>51617950
Well, in the context they might be talking about a specific moon relevant to them and independent of our Moon.
>>
>>51617985
True, if they were talking about the Moon moon they'd call it Luna.
>>
>>51617964
I say this as fellow loyalist. While my primarch did have a hand in the psyker program coming into effect, we at least stopped when we were told to.
>>
>>51614846
Rules when?
>>
File: Lord Commander Dorn.png (127KB, 1295x596px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Commander Dorn.png
127KB, 1295x596px
>>51617609
>The emperor should get on his knees and ask dorn what he should do.
Reminder that the Emperor was busy keeping hell from spiling into realspace and creating the Eye of Terra, and Dorn was the Lord Commander only because Guilliman was (wrongly) busy elsewhere.
Roboute is nice, he's a stateman. An Imperium with both him and Dorn as co-rulers (below the Emperor of course) would have been awesome.
It was his reforms what also keeps the Imperium working(ish).
>>51617842
>This improves Dorn in my opinion.
Not saying I don't like him.
Dorn was based and he out-zealoted the dsignated zealot (Lorgar) in his belief on the Great Crusade.
I'm a loyalist Iron Warrior and I'd totally fortify with Lord Dorn, if he allowed it.

But he fucking sucks at diplomacy. Srsly, let Malcador handle diplomacy. Authoritarism is the rule of the Imperium, but the Inquisition is what holds it together.
>>
>>51617535
Drink from the Cups anon
>>
File: 1479625707908.jpg (148KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
1479625707908.jpg
148KB, 535x464px
Just got some missile launchers in the mail today, I can finally make my own Tyrant Seige termies. Thank you anvil industry.
>>
>>51617964
Everyone think magnus is tragic. Mortarion is tragedy. Kept under the boot of psyker scum on barburus. Then a new psyker the emperor replaces their boot. Horus losing his shit allows mortarion to finally begin to remove psyker from the premises. But no, there is another filthy fucking psyker in his legion, who worships literally the most repulsive god possible, and give him and his legion space aids. Mortarion's only mistake was not just dying in defiance. Because he broke like a bitch, he is now a daemon prince who got punk'd on by another fucking psyker Draigo.

The only thing Mortarion got right was Pickelhaubes and when he sold his soul to nurgle he asked for good rules in all editions rather than personal power.
>>
>>51618038
Should be getting a model around christmas, just 10 more months!
:(
>>
what was the reasoning behind the space wolves getting sent to Prospero? They weren't suited for a diplomatic mission or sieges and bombardment, so why were they written in as the attackers? Why not iron warriors or a future traitor legion? Just seems incoherent to write space wolves as an infantry centric offensive force that we somehow are led to beleive can destroy the greatest city in the Imperium. At least they should have incurred catastrophic losses, regardless whether Magnus didn't activate the full defence capabilities.
>>
>>51618063
>The only thing Mortarion got right was Pickelhaubes and when he sold his soul to nurgle he asked for good rules in all editions rather than personal power.
Hehehe
>>
>>51618074
Really?

It's because Horus figured that Yiffs would do a fuckton of damage to the Tsons (and further push Mags towards Chaos) while also keeping them on the other side of espaz, and then there was the hope that Mags and co. would royally put the fuck on the yiffs.
>>
>>51618040
If only Dorn wasn't yellow. What a fucking champ.

Guilliman has too much ambition. He should never have overall command.
>>
>>51618074
because both SW and TS were some of the hardest legions to sway to traitors. Horus (or the chaos gods) planned their mutual demise by sending one at the other.
>>
File: come get enriched.jpg (690KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
come get enriched.jpg
690KB, 1920x1080px
>>51618074
Maybe Horus wanted them to kill each other.
Srsly, if the Thousand Sons are gathered in a single city you don't make planetfall and attack the city.
You just fucking nuke it and Exterminatus the fucking world.
Wizards can't use magiks if the planet suddenly becomes an asteroid field.
>>
>>51618074
Because the wolves needed something to do during the heresy.
Egyption Nerds vs Viking Jocks is a cool line up.
Also because they were tailor built to kill other astartes.
>>
>>51618030
What legion?
>>
>>51618154
He's rather gold than yellow.

During the scouring he wore black.
>>
>>51618197
Blood Angels.
>>
>>51618154
Which is why I didn't propose him for overall command. And he was aware of this, having offered the seat of Imperator Regis to Sanguinius and stepped down as a High Lord of Terra.
At least he's aware he's the Imperial Architect, but not the Imperial Regent. That's for other kinds of people.
None of the Numbered Mistakes should be the overall commander, and not a singular person either.
It should be a council, like the Emperor's War Council, or the Council of Terra, or the High Lords of Terra.
>>
>>51618215
Yes but to collect him you need to paint your dudes yellow, or suffer the fate of the anon who made iron imperial fists.
>>
File: 20170207_210325.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170207_210325.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>51614892
This POS kit.

Hopefully they're redesigning the kit while it's out of stock otherwise this Fury of the Ancients list is going on the back burner
>>
>>51618260
You could reduce the yellow by bringing Templars and Custodians (as allies).
The Praetorian of Terra wields an armour made out of the same alloy than the Emperor's, and has an upscaled Custodes bolter. So they must be close, right?

Solarite gauntlets for everyone!
But more for the Custodes since they can wield them better :^)
>>
>>51618265
I wish GW would just release a dread pod kit. Boxnought can't even fit through the doors of regular pods and there's no way to fit a contemptor in there.
>>
>>51618260
Was your father killed by the colour yellow or something?
>>
>>51618229
Yeah good points
>>
>>51617873
Fuck Magnus, he literally killed humanity when he fucked up the webway project.
>>
>>51618265
>Fury of the Ancients
Why would you take the only RoW that makes your army actively worse?
>>
>>51618265
FW is redesigning the Dreadpod kit. But they have said it could take up to a year.
>>
>>51618352
I wonder how many knight heads we'll get in the meantime.
>>
>>51618315
He escaped yellow's wrath and still lives.
Yellow painted marines looks like shit and takes heaps of effort, with thin coats etc.
So massive effort to look bad. Or minimal effort to look disgusting.

Fuck Yellow.
>>
I haven't been here in forever
What the fuck is going on
>>
>>51618459
Magnus did everything wrong.
>>
>>51618459
Russ did everything right.
>>
>>51618459
Magnus has a bigger D than Russ.
>>
>>51618459
The Emperor is confirmed as kind of cunt.
>>
>>51618459
The Emperor's favourites > numbered mistakes.
>>
>>51618459
Your husbando a shit.
>>
>>51618459

Wolves Nerds and discussions on who made for the better statesman..

On that subject
Prime Minister: Sanguinus
Commander of the Imperial Armed Forces: Dorn
Traitor to be shot behind the chemical shed: Guilliman
>>
Should I give apothecaries swords or axes?
>>
>>51618548
Guilliman would be Chancellor.
>>
File: 1477182522547.jpg (47KB, 532x532px) Image search: [Google]
1477182522547.jpg
47KB, 532x532px
>>51618524
Which one?
>>
>>51618617
The one with the disgusting hair that smells like rotten blood and flesh.
>>
>>51618459
If you mean Inferno, then the Custodes are slow and deadly in melee but that's about it really, Wolves are Meh apparently and TS are still debated because Psykers are complicated.

New characters are all hilariously bullshit, though. Russ beats almost anyone in a melee because his armour makes enemies in base contact take -1 to hit R1 then -2 R2+, Magnus throws out 18" radius S:D 2d6 ignores cover and LoS novas with impunity and literally cannot be hit ever when invisible. Also a 275pt Custodes tribune has -1 to hit him in assault and a 3++ rerollable invuln always, and can statistically beat anyone but Scoria.

Scoria wins the fight against Russ and the Tribune mathhammer wise, but it's so damn close that it's a coin flip on the table and will never end before the game does.

Phew, that's the basics.
>>
File: TS-test.jpg (292KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
TS-test.jpg
292KB, 900x800px
>>51614892
>>51616620
Just applied the first pass of tamiya clear red.

I may try testing painting silver glyphs in between layers of the tamiya paint on spare bits to see what happens...
>>
>>51618617
Are you a polygo... polygma...
Are you a slut?
>>
>>51618550
Unless you're a World Eater (to unlock Chain Axes) you've only got the option to give Apothecaries a Power Sword, no other power weapon.
>>
>>51618655
Excuse you, his hair is beautiful and he smells delicious.

>>51618704
No and yes
>>
>>51618729
So it seems. Well, that made the choice easier.
>>
>>51618700
interesting
>>
>>51618766
>No and yes
I hate this fucking answer. It's either yes or no.
Or "in special circumstances", which is still a yes.
>>
File: 1486441697099.png (749KB, 430x818px) Image search: [Google]
1486441697099.png
749KB, 430x818px
>>51618028
>By Dawn

>Not taking the moon in an hour with a well placed and crippling deep strike

Do the Luna Wolves have to show them how to take a moon? No wonder Prospero went so bad
>>
>>51618864
You have to be careful when you attack, because moons are only there at night.
>>
>>51618815
No to poly, yes to slut
>>
>>51615969
I'm listening to this now, thanks bro
>>
File: lies-on-internet.jpg (35KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
lies-on-internet.jpg
35KB, 453x576px
>>51618864
>Not taking the moon in an hour
>"Within six hours"
>>
File: 99550108159_SecutariiPeltasts01.jpg (59KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99550108159_SecutariiPeltasts01.jpg
59KB, 600x620px
So the new Titan Guard stuff has my dick hard for thinking about a Mechanicum mechanized infantry list again, and after playing around with the points and doing some mathhammer on the Peltasts this is what I'm looking at for a 2000 point start:

Matrix of Ruin (Ordo Reductor, obviously)

HQ:
Magos Reductor 125
Secutarii Axiarch 60

Troops
2x3 Thallax, Plasma 290
2x20 Peltasts, Hammershot, Omnispex, Triaros 870
1x18 Hoplites, Omnispex, Triaros 361

Heavy Support
Krios 125
Krios Venator 150

The Reductor is a tax to unlock Matrix of Ruin and Reductor rules, which gives all the tanks scoring in enemy deployment and everyone gets better MTC in most terrain types that people use. Thallax tax isn't a big deal because Secutarii can't be compulsory anyway, and Djinn-Sight is honestly pretty damn useful for fucking with infiltrator armies.

The Axiarch gives the three main infantry units PE(Infantry), which dramatically increases their lethality when combined with Hazard Protocols. Hazard Protocols is basically the BS5 Doctrina Imperative except you get to use it every turn plus BS2 snap shots, but -1WS.

I wasn't sure what gun option I liked the most; against marines Hammershot maths out to about 39% more unsaved wounds for 25% more cost and 6" of extra range to boot; against T3 4+ duders Flechette does quite a bit better, so in the unlikely event that no one plays space marines in Horus Heresy you do have the option to drop Hammershot and save a whopping 120 points.

Radium Carbines might be competitive as well but I wasn't sure if I mathed it right. They sure as fuck cost less money to buy.

Hoplites in general are straight gangster compared to the experimental 40k rules. I'm split on whether I like giving them an omnispex more or giving the Axiarch matching weapons; modeling I'd like him to match because it makes it way easier but -1 to cover for hulled-down tanks is pretty juicy.

At 2500 I can make the Magos actually contribute, round everyone out and add Vultarax.
>>
>>51615160
They're not Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion
>>
>>51618265
We do need a kit, especially for Leviathans... but the Fury of the Ancients drawback is so bad that I wouldn't touch that RoW.

>>51618376
Yellow's not bad at all - I'd say white is the color that looks worst if you don't put a lot of effort into it.

The shortcut way to paint yellow is Casandora Yellow (shade) over a white undercoat. Or be more conventional and paint yellow over Iyanden Darksun, shade with Hasselhoff Earthshade, and highlight with white. But you can skip a step and be okay.
>>
Can someone post the picture of a smug Perturabo. I need it.
>>
File: Boop-Beep.jpg (68KB, 195x960px) Image search: [Google]
Boop-Beep.jpg
68KB, 195x960px
>>51619275
>>
>>51619275
No you don't. You need a bullet to the back of the head.
>>
>>51619297
I must say smug primarchs are nice. I remember seeing mortarion too. anyone care to post them all?
>>
>>51619443
I think there's one for Dorn and Lorgar as well.
>>
>>51619443
All I have at the moment, sorry
>>
File: 1486507489013.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1486507489013.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51616419
Ah shit sorry to hear that, it works fine for me. I'm going to bed now but I'll make sure to double check. I'll post it again in another thread.

Meanwhile, have this one, I'm having a blast reading it. If you haven't, read the prequel, Baneblade, and the short story. Both are comfy as fuck, and this one is the same for now.
>>
>>51618930
>Lies

>Custodes are fair and balanced

>Especially the Shield Captain

Luna Wolves still better than "Space" Wolves though

>>51619018
You are not alone in having a hard dick for those models
>>
>>51619550

kek
god damnit cruzefag
you made me laugh and my brother who knows nothing about warhammer.
>>
>>51619550
This is nice.
>>51619560
This is nice too.
>>
File: 17177bef7.jpg (2MB, 1731x1125px) Image search: [Google]
17177bef7.jpg
2MB, 1731x1125px
>>51619443
Is it possible for Angron to be smug?
>>
What are the chances that the old primarchs will be updated in line with the new ones?

Fulgrim eats hot shit against russ and angron could get solo'd by fucking valdor
>>
File: when a psyker suffers perils.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
when a psyker suffers perils.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>51619443
>>
>>51619764
They have already confirmed this is happening.
>>
>>51619734
Sort of.
He smiles like this
D:<<<<<<<
>>
>>51619707
My pleasure anon. I got a pdf for Red Tithe here, thought I'd do my part.
>>
>>51619789
Where? At the weekender?
>>
>>51619626
>You are not alone in having a hard dick for those model
it's not just that, a big part of it is that Mechanicum finally have a unit that pairs perfectly to the Triaros. roll up, hop out, 20 dudes with high BS and guns that are actually good let loose with the dakka. if you're not worried about barrage you can even do silly shot like block LoS with the huge and long triaros model and then Blind Barrage over the top of it so they have to try to move around it to fight back
>>
>>51618700
How thin do you make the paint before applying it?
>>
>>51619868
You're making it harder. plz stahp
>>
>>51619794
>Angron had to have the nails make him constantly angry because his smile was way too kawaii for anyone to handle
This is my headcanon now
>>
Which is better for Assault-centric Blackshields:
Shotguns or Pariah Bolters?
Normal Armour or Pariah Armour?

How do you even model pariah armour and weapons?
>>
File: bail.jpg (20KB, 251x260px) Image search: [Google]
bail.jpg
20KB, 251x260px
>>51618617
>>
>>51619975
Pariah bolter I would just cut down a bolter to make it look slimmer.
For power armor maybe mix marks a bit to make it seem modified
>>
>>51619912
Thin like plasma with the red blood cells removed by a vampire.
>>
>>51619975
Depends on the blackshields, but normally I'd say pariah armor is mostly useless unless you use the outlander thing that gives you rerolls of 1 for shooting. Even then, pretty shit.
>>
>>51619912
Which? The tamiya red? 2 part tamiya, 1 part 91% isopropyl.

So the silver layer was a bust, looks horrible, but layering black(excuse the phone pic) looks great
>>
File: rsz_thicc_sons.jpg (65KB, 512x613px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_thicc_sons.jpg
65KB, 512x613px
>>51620158
If you can look past my incredibly thick paintjob and that I've posted these models before, I can offer some input on this, as I've been trying the same thing with my guys for a few weeks.

Recess shading with sepia or gloss earthshade before the first coat of the red dulled the red to a shade between the desired candy red and Word Bearers red. I found it better to do a light pass of fleshshade instead and use nuln after the red.

As I suck at painting and have no airbrush, I've ordered some tamiya translucent spray, with the idea to prime, spray retributor, then spray with that.
I want that to work both because brushing on the clear red is a little beyond me, and because the brush method on vehicles or even dreads will be a real pain.
>>
I'm still on base coating anons. I need to basecoat another 31 MkIII bodies.
>>
>>51620326
this is the hell you chose
>>
>>51620338
>Sadism Intensifies

AND I SO IT BEGINS.
>>
>>51620326

Do you really batch paint that many guys at once?

I keep it to 10 or less or else I go insane.
>>
File: woyc8nx.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
woyc8nx.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>51620338
>MASOCHISM INTENSIFIES
>>
>>51620352
Pah, filthy casuals. 31 is nothing, I batch paint in sets of 60.
>>
File: IMG_0573.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0573.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51620352
Yes
>>
>>51620070
Come back birb-kun
>>
>>51620326
>tfw too winter out to prime
All I want to do is paint lads
>>
>>51620476
Prime outside and dry inside? That's what I've been doing.
>>
>>51620476
>It's too winter
>It's too humid
>The fumes are making me dizzy
>Am I supposed to bleed from there?
Excuses excuses, anon you gotta prime
>>
>>51620505
Will the spray primer not freeze in the air and look dusty if I do that?
>>
>>51620428

RGbro left us long ago. All the good namefags did.

All we have left is AWG and Cuckstodes.
>>
>>51620526
test on some sprue
>>
>>51620526
>>51620526
Whats the temperature outside?
>>
>>51620552
I cri everytime
>>
>>51620552
Thunder Warrior fag is still here, I am he and he is I.

I actually went through the whole process of getting masters as well as molds priced for a complete Thunder Warrior kit lol.
>>
>>51615427

Great color scheme
THE best background story
Cool characters
Cool niche
Stands out from the other legions
>>
>>51620552
>Cuckstodes
They aren't the ones being cucked. It would be Cuckmarchs and Bullstodes.

Cuckstodes would have been if custodes sucked.
>>
>>51620580
Half agree on point two. Fuck magnus. My TS are loyal. LOYAL.

>>51615427
Inferno just made the fans vocal.
>>
>>51620594
We're reaching levels of shitposting that shouldn't be possible.
That don't even have the furry element I predicted, even.
>>
>>51620552
...I'm still here, aren't I?
>>
I already have a Gorgon heavy transport on the way and I want to use it as a centerpiece for my Imperialis Militia army as my way to begin Horus Heresy. Did I fuck up?
>>
File: 2017-02-07 20.41.30.png (313KB, 540x959px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-07 20.41.30.png
313KB, 540x959px
>>51620564
Looks like tomorrow is my window
>>
>>51620552
I filter all namefags instantly.

No mercy for false gods.
>>
>>51620644
Your less of a namefag and more of a Mascot at his point.
>>
>>51620642
I was expecting the block mechanic to be carried over from the guardian spear at least.

>>51620644
Didn't you leave for the 40k general awhile ago anyway?

Have you starting into the hobby yet?

>>51620659
Good for you Anon, investing and making the hobby something I could afford has been quite the hurdle, investing the time has been as well.

Terrified I'll never be able to find a game though haha.
>>
>>51620698

>Curzefag
>Ever building an army

Curzeflag is here for the fluff and memes. Though Angelus should me him/her/it/whatever happy.
>>
>>51620617
I agree on fuck Magnus, but I can't resist running Ahriman and his cabal in their Heresy colours.
I don't even think taking Ahriman is that good an idea for a list, but fuck it. Fluff and fun beats waac.
>>
File: 1484162300618.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484162300618.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>51620720
Just take Magnus, lose initiative, then get fucked as my talon of Leviathan Siege dreads pod into his asshole.
>>
>>51620764

>Field Custodes allies with anti drop pod shit
>????
>Ded dreads everywhere

There goes your $150 of chinkshit
>>
>>51618459
A very gay story between Sanguinius and Horus.
>>
>>51620786
It was supposed to be funny haha not funny rage inducing.

Do you even OWN MODELS ANON.
>>
>>51620644
I love you
>>
>>51620795
speaking of gay:
http://outermode.com/warhammer-40k-queer-darkness-fetish-first-millennium
>>
>>51620838
Who is this?
>>
>>51620764
Ha. I have no intention to take Magnus, at least not until we have plenty of battle reports come back than don't show he's unfair as fuck.
But really, Ahriman is a much better character than Magnus, and I have a sad need to get all him and his bros converted up.

One thing the TS rules have done in removing the need for a Praevian is fuck how I was gonna run Ignis.
Sanakht - Blade Cult sarge
Ctesias - well he can just be a Librarian, I guess.
But Ignis? Another Librarian? There go all my HQ slots and now I have a load of ICs for my opponent to kill and wreck my Ld.
Maybe I can settle to make him a Termie Sgt, he does wear the armour. But then he'd be better as an ordinary Term and why take those when Pride gives you Scarab Occult as troops.
Fuck.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (18KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
18KB, 400x500px
Anyone with Inferno able to share some into on SW unit markings, colours, etc.

Was thinking of pic related as colour scheme. Black wolf head on the red pauldron, unit markings in white on the black pauldron. Unit citations on the red knee pad in black, personal merits on the black knee pad in white.

Speaking of knee pad markings, how do you deal with something like MkVI without knee pads? Just leave them out? Paint the top of the pad black/red and apply markings there?
>>
>>51620867
Anon who finds you amusing.
>>
>>51620873
Thats scary.

Having an established set of character names like that, I intend on fleshing the characters out as they achieve shit on the board.
>>
>>51620925
It's more common to have a black background with a red head, as the transfers are red. BUT, if you get the molded shoulder pads, you could easily do that.
Leave them out, or use the MkVI marines as Huscarls/ SGT's- where their armor and other adornings like standards or weapons will set them apart from other marines.
>>
>tfw everyone in your local meta assumes no one will bring melta because everyone will bring armored ceramite, so no one actually brings armored ceramite
>tfw you teach them not to get clever when your tactical support squad uses melta guns to blow up a Falchion
>>
>>51620764
>assuming that three leviathan will survive 2d6 18" S:D shots each before they can charge.
w e w l a d that is some confidence
>>
>>51620966
I wanted black to be like a "company" colour, so two black pads would look a bit dull.
>>
>>51621051
Could also leave the left shoulder pad grey like the armor. Wolves don't give two fucks about uniformity.
>>
File: spacemarine2.jpg (18KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine2.jpg
18KB, 400x500px
>>51621087
I suppose. Then there wouldn't be much red to give some colour. Just a kneepad. Guess I'll have to paint bolter and chainsword casings red.
>>
>>51621157
Glowing red eyes?
Or maybe green, give them that eerie hunter look.
>>
>>51619867
Not that anon, but they said at the weekender that each primarch release has represented thrm at that time. So, Angron was weakened by the nails and Horus isn't hopped up on Chaos Juice yet. Those were the examples they gave, and said that new versions from later in the heresy would be created. No real word on whether the older primarchs who shouldn't be less than Russ ("height of his strength" or not).
>>
File: DSC_0178.jpg (2MB, 2000x1325px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0178.jpg
2MB, 2000x1325px
>>51614892
almost finished up my first Tactical Sq. 5 more legionaries to go.
>>
Am I missing a rule or something? The only thing in Crusade Imperialis that can take a dedicated Gorgon transport is a unit that can only be 20 strong, but it holds a maximum of 40. Can it hold multiple units at the start of the game?
>>
>>51622192
Yes, super-heavy vehicles may carry more than a single unit.

You could even put 40 seperate centurions in it
>>
File: Gorgon.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
>>51622207
Okay cool, thanks.
>>
>>51622274
Remember that only 2 units can embark/disembark the Gorgon per turn.
>>
>>51622207
>Be Gorgon Driver
>Driving Legion High Command.
>40 Centurions and Consols
>A wild Warlord Titan appears.
>Warlord Titan used Las-Destroyer barrage
>It's super effective!
>Explodes
>No Survivors
>TFW enemy gets 41 Killpoints

>>51622321
Not if it explodes :^)
>>
>>51622321
The plan is to have a 20-strong Levy close combat unit followed up with a 20-strong Grenadier squad. Never played Horus heresy and I've been out of 40k since 5th so I'm not sure on the feasibility of that
>>
File: 1412070362907.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1412070362907.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>51622345
>41 Killpoints
>>
File: seen-sum-shit.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
seen-sum-shit.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>51622345
>Gorgon driver's face when
>>
>>51622367
Don't know if levies are worth it at 20 strong. Infantry squad is only 10pts. more with better stats and equipment.
>>
>>51622367

What Providences will the bossman have?
>>
>>51618040
>Dorn and Guilliman will not have any significant interaction in the fluff until the scouring
pain

they are the bestmarchs
>>
>>51622508
Thinking Survivors of the Dark Age and Feral Warriors, are there any that are an auto-take?
>>
>>51622783

no idea.

I mostly theorycraft Destroyer lists and shitpost.

Sometimes both at once. Don't know much about non-marine lists.
>>
>>51622345

It could be worse. It could be a Warlord-Sinistrum. The most Metal of all Titans.
>>
>>51622783
If you take SotDA, I'd put infantry squads in there. 4+ armour gives them at least some protection against bolters, 5+ on levies won't. Don't know if Feral Warriors is worth it if you're not gonna swamp the enemy in levies and in that case I think the cult provenances probably do a better job. Abhuman Helots for T4 or just Warrior Elite for better Ld. on non-Grenadiers might work better.

Don't forget that grenadiers get Rhinos. Why not give the Grenadiers Rhinos and put an Infantry squad into the Gorgon and some power armoured Ogryns with them? If you take Abhuman Helots, they'll be T6. Give them power axes and you got 4 (5 on a charge) WS4 S6 AP2 attacks on a T6 W3 3+ model.
>>
Anyone done the mathammer for Siggy vs a Shield Tribune?
>>
>>51623555
He obviously loses.

There isn't any math that needs to be done if a Shield Tribune solos most if not all of the primarchs.
>>
>>51623555

Siggy wounds tribune on 3's, tribune wounds him on 2's. Siggys save is worse.

???

Conclusion
>>
>>51619975
A guy at my local uses catachan arms and normal bare marine heads for his Pariah armour. Then he puts marine pauldrons or armour plates cut from plasticard on the shoulders.
>>
Terrible new bread:
>>51623763
>>51623763
>>51623763
>>
>>51623751
Oh and I forgot to add, he cuts up necron warriors, and uses their legs and forearms etc as cybernetics for one squad of iron hand blackshield.
>>
Fuck. Did I miss the fluff page dumps?
>>
File: Zim was right.png (5KB, 257x46px) Image search: [Google]
Zim was right.png
5KB, 257x46px
>>51619560
Nice to see a bit of crossover.
>>
>>51617628
Dorn(ald) Trump
>>
Apparently there isn't anything new for the old legions in new book? Any cool new missions?
I run IW and WE. Haven't decided yet should I paint my tartaros' as WE or IW...
>>
>>51621954
One of the better Death Guard I've seen on /tg/. I like your green.
>>
>>51622887
>Not an Imperator-Sinistrum
>>
>>51625952

FW needs to tell us about those 12 Imperators. If they're Psi-Titans, then they must be motherfucking monsters.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.