[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Genera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 67

File: LNhHCQt.jpg (185KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
LNhHCQt.jpg
185KB, 1920x818px
Everyone's new wallpaper edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

Previous kalpa: >>51444716
>>
File: god.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
3KB, 192x192px
first for best king
>>
File: tumblr_o0e9p3kpNw1qc5dpuo1_500.png (565KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0e9p3kpNw1qc5dpuo1_500.png
565KB, 500x697px
People complain about Skyrim because muh vikings but I think they didn't take it far enough in that direction. Should have went full retard with Frazetta sword and sorcery mixed with Der Ring des Nibelungen romanticism.
>>
Are any Selectives Lorecast episodes worth a watch?
>>
File: 1349206161550.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1349206161550.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
Oh boy. Who else is ready for inevitable bad lore avalanche?

>Vvardenfell opened to n'wahs centuries before it's supposed to happen
>a Tribune is losing power centuries before it's supposed to happen, AGAIN
>main plot is literally Infernal City rehash
Are they doing it on purpose?
>>
File: wipsteelarmor08_6877589295_o.jpg (1MB, 3358x2170px) Image search: [Google]
wipsteelarmor08_6877589295_o.jpg
1MB, 3358x2170px
>>51538747
Well, I've heard both
>durr Nords in Skyrim are generic dumb Vikings brutes, they should have been more sophisticated
>durr Nords in Skyrim aren't the Nordic Conan-like brutes from Morrowind and are too civilized
I guess you can't please everyone.
>>
>>51538869
I'm numb to it at this point.
>>
>>51538869
>find ridiculous "lore"
>see source
>ESO
pottery
>>
>>51538790
Yeah. All.
>>
File: 600px-MW-npc-Emusette_Bracques.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Emusette_Bracques.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
>>51538155
>No waifus/husbandos
Then how am I supposed to talk about Emusette Bracques/Barnand Erelie?
>>
File: Language Map.png (33KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Language Map.png
33KB, 1204x650px
Progress slowed down a bit because I was busy.
I've added Reachspeak and the Breto-Nordic dialects that form a continuum between Bretic and Nordic dialects. Also did more work down in the Nibenay area.

>>51539014
Galbedir desu
>>
ESO is not canon anyway...
>>
File: b7b0e9a24a72da17f7ca7a08edcd8553.jpg (145KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
b7b0e9a24a72da17f7ca7a08edcd8553.jpg
145KB, 1920x818px
Thoughts on not-Nimidium?
>>
>>51539032
Let's not start this shit this early in the thread.
>>51539024
Good work, anon.
I like the Female Bosmer voice and how flirty they are, but my heart belongs to Female Bretons.
"Are you a thief, because you just stole my heart." is actually a metaphysical, sub-gradient reflection of convention, that by mantling on minor levels gives them more power as waifus.
>>
>>51539092
I am unfamiliar
>>
>>51538921
Why have the hardcore lore nerds stopped making fun of ESO and embraced it anyway?
>>
>>51539111
Just something from the trailer.
>>51539092
I don't see where people are getting this Numidium thing from, it just looks like a big Dwemeri robot that they'll probably add as an enemy or maybe a boss.
>>
File: anime convention.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
anime convention.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>51539109
>spoiler
Deepest lore.
>>
>>51539133
I think it's because of the scale and look of it. It seems a bit silly. I've always wondered anyway, why did the Dwarves create so many killer robots?
>>
File: ESO bait.png (23KB, 400x227px) Image search: [Google]
ESO bait.png
23KB, 400x227px
>>51539124
Zeni threw them a couple of bones in form of "muh Kirkbridian lore" references and they swallowed it. Pathetic, really.
>>
>>51539124
>muh mananaut
>muh chim
etc
>>
>>51538869
>Vvardenfell opened to n'wahs centuries before it's supposed to happen
To be fair, major house seats such as Balmora and Ald'ruhn, plus Vivec, the Ghostegate and other Temple facilities did already exist on Vv. It's not totally unreasonable that transit was less regulated in the past, and at some time during the next few hundred years the Temple became more strict about the status of the island as a holy reserve. It being opened to colonization prior to Morrowind (the game) is mostly in regards to the Empire, which means places like Caldera and Pelagiad. This does justify anything, but it is interesting.
>>
>>51539157
They used them instead of traditional soldiers. It only makes sense that around Red Mountain and a place full of turd wearing hillbillies that can shout down buildings and vomit mud into corpses to resurrect them, they might want some huge fucking robots.
>>
>>51539169
When is CHIM mentioned in ESO?
>>
>>51539220
The scroll of CHIM, pronounced like "chin" and not "Kim".
>>
>>51539169
>>51539158
If you seriously can't talk about something you don't like without resorting to "muh" then you don't actually know what you're talking about.
>>
>>51539236
Except that's why the lore community hated ESO in the first place.
>>
>>51539236
Just an item name? When it could easily mean "scroll of starlight" and not "scroll of metaphysical lore concepts"?
>>
>>51539278
Yep.
>>
>>51539157
>why
>create so many killer robots?
I don't understand the question.

Also, an interesting lore tidbit:
>The room blazed with sudden light. Bolts of purple energy crackled across the metal carapace of the Dwarven monster, and it halted, half-turning to meet this new threat. Master Arum had come! I was about to raise a cheer when the giant figure turned back to me, unharmed by the lightning bolt hurled by Master Arum, determined to destroy this first intruder. I shouted out "Steam! Steam!" as the giant raised his fist to crush me into the floor. There was a hiss and a gust of bitter cold and I looked up. The monster was now covered with a shell of ice, frozen in the very moment of dispatching me. Master Arum had understood. I leaned against the wall with relief.

>The ice cracked above me. The giant golden king stood before me, the shell of ice falling away, his head swiveling towards me in triumph. Was there no stopping this Dwarven monstrosity?! But then the light faded from his eyes, and his arms dropped to his sides. The magical frost had worked, cooling its steam-driven energy.
>>
File: crystal costanza.png (80KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
crystal costanza.png
80KB, 700x979px
>>51539278
Do you honestly think they added it to mean "starlight", and not to say "Look at this dank lore"?
>>
File: Dwemer_Sphere_Concept_Art.jpg (957KB, 2956x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Dwemer_Sphere_Concept_Art.jpg
957KB, 2956x3000px
>>51539370
Dwemer spheres are the best looking robots in this and all the the goddamn universes
>>
File: namira_by_ladysiryna-d8ctxvr.jpg (2MB, 2595x3882px) Image search: [Google]
namira_by_ladysiryna-d8ctxvr.jpg
2MB, 2595x3882px
Well, we're off to a good start.

Do the Dunmer have any real naval culture?
I know more or less the situation with most other races and cultures, but I can't think of anything related to the Dunmer and the ocean aside from the fact that I guess there's some Inner Sea trade going on. Been too long since I played Morrowind.
>>
>>51539957
Dunmer have insectoid ships made of chitin and shit according to Wolf Queen book.
>>
>>51539957
I imagine that the Inner Sea would see the most traffic, with ships going down south into Hlaalu and Dres territory with various wares and bringing back slaves. There'd probably be some rare ships sailing eastwards towards the Imperial islands on the way to Akavir, too, as well as regular ship traffic to Necrom, carrying the dead from all over Morrowind.
House Telvanni could be one with a bit more naval history considering their capital lies on an island.
>>
File: 600px-MW-npc-Tarhiel.jpg (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-MW-npc-Tarhiel.jpg
85KB, 600x600px
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Wizard

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>51540237
Are Bosmer the memers of Tamriel?
>>
First for honour your ancestors, honour the aedra
>>
>>51540400
Bosmer should be deleted from the games. Is there a single one who isn't a meme?
>>
>>51539957
>Early concept art shows House Hlaalu with gems in their foreheads. These gems were purportedly part of the glass in the construction of the Seyda Neen.

>The Seyda Neen was the flagship of a fleet that Hlaalu sent to sea at the behest of a Saint, "to see the face of Veloth". The mariners on this voyage would send back for the rest of their House when they had found whatever this "face" was.

>But an unnatural storm destroyed the fleet, the jetsam and flotsam coming back to the shore. The Hlaalu used this to construct the Lighthouse, so that any of their countrymer that may have survived the storm could find their way back. House nobles embedded their flagship's glass in their foreheads, because Morrowind.
>>
>>51538875
Skaal gear looked more sophisticated than anything in Skyrim.
>>
>>51539196
Being an n'wah in mainland Morrowind alone was practically unfounded prior to the Empire (unless you were a slave).
Prior to the opening of Vvardenfell, the only place outlanders were allowed on the island was the foreign quarter of Vivec.
>>
>>51540400
>>51540237
Just look at this smug grin.
>>51540444
Bosmer magnetism isn't a reason to get rid of them
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1000x721px
>>51539981
>"Potema stood at the harbor and watched the boat from Pyandonea arrive. Against the gray, breaking waves where she had seen so many vessels of Tamrielic manufacture, it looked less than exotic. Insectoid, certainly, with its membranous sails and rugged chitin hull, but she had seen similar if not identical seacraft in Morrowind"

>>51540233
That seems reasonable.
The ports of Skyrim, Solitude in particular, are probably some of the most important foreign ports. Morrowind lies sort of isolated, so if you're sailing abroad you either need to go south along Tamriel's eastern coast or west along the northern coast.

If you go south, there's little of immediate value once you go south of Tear. There's Thorn, but that's just over the border. Then it's a while before you reach Archon, and I don't even know if that place has a port, much less anything of value to trade. Lilmoth definitely has a port, but it's not like the city is terribly rich. Black Marsh does have some agricultural exports, but I can't see the area being very lucrative for trade.
Really, once you get south of Tear the next proper port city is Senchal, though you can go up the Niben afterwards.

But if you go west, you hit one port after another through Skyrim and into High Rock before you get to the Iliac Bay. Seems like it would be the more common route unless you're really into Black Marsh or need to get to the Niben.

I won't even pretend that these routes are exact, they're just an illustration.
>>
>>51539092
>generic dwemer killbot.

>Anything like Numidium

Are you baiting?
>>
>>51540637
The Argonia route would probably be used by the East Empire Company, I can't imagine Argonians welcoming any Dunmer ships. the only Dunmer making routes there would probably be Dres slavers raiding coastal villages.
>>
>>51540671
>the only Dunmer making routes there would probably be Dres slavers raiding coastal villages
I'd imagine that along the coastal regions the Dres would probably just buy they're slaves from the local Archeins.
Most actual raids are probably done in the northern marshes.
>>
>>51540735
You're right but I could imagine them going on longer trips and collecting as many Argonians as possible before heading back. Hell, they could sail all the way to Elsweyr to kidnap Khajiiti - after all, there are a lot of them on Vvardenfell, they had to come from somewhere.
>>
File: Shipping_map.png (2MB, 1247x922px) Image search: [Google]
Shipping_map.png
2MB, 1247x922px
>>51540637
Here's an East Empire Company map from Skyrim.
>>
>>51540671
I think that'd depend on the degree of Cyrodiilic control in the port in question. Lilmoth has for example been a kingdom with Cyrod rules at some point, and I I imagine that they'd keep the ports open and orderly.
But as of Skyrim, with an independent Argonia under An-Xileel leadership, I can't imagine them taking too kindly to Dunmeri visitors.
>>
>>51540513
The difference here is that we're specifically invited by Vivec himself, and to some extent this is meant to be after the Vestige meridia'd Molag Bal, so they've got a reputation.
Vivec losing his power isn't necessarily lore unfriendly either. People seem to forget that they have to regularly recharge their powers at the heart. Dagoth Ur has been stated to not be awake, but there's some unknown circumstance that is stopping him from going to Red Mountain.
And the Clockwork City is involved in some way.
>>
>>51540844
Oh, right, I'm talking third era. There would be no Dres slavers to harrass the coastal villages by the time of Skyrim, anyway.
>>
>>51540776
I think most khajiit would be bought as well. After all it is said "in the port of Senchal, one may purchase anything one desires."
>>51540824
This map kind of supports this I think, note the purple route that starts in Tear, continues to make its stops along ports in Blackmarsh, and then goes on to Senchal (Seemingly stopping in Alinor interestingly enough).

On a side note, something else I find rather interesting about this map is there appears to be a port around the area where Vivec used to be.
>>
>>51539092
Guns confirmed lore friendly.
>>
>>51540824
Now I realized, is one of the "stops" in Vivec? Why? I though the place had blown up
>>
>>51540824
Yellow Line:
>Northpoint - Farrun - Solitude - Windhelm - Necrom (and back again)

>Purple Line:
>Tear - Archen - Soulrest - Senchal - Alinor - (Lillandril?) (and back again)

>Green Line:
>Stros M'Kai - Anvil - Rihad - Woodhearth - Southpoint - Dusk - Alinor - Lillandril - Stros M'Kai

>Blue Line:
>Daggerfall - Wayrest - (Sentinel?) - Hegathe - Taneth - Rihad - Anvil - Woodhearth - Southpoint - Senchal - Leyawiin - Soulrest - Lilmoth - Archon - Tear - Blacklight - Solitude - Northpoint - Daggerfall

>Red Line:
>https://youtu.be/Y4y8ph3cH54
>Windhelm - Vivec - Necrom - Lilmoth - Soulrest - Woodhearth - Dusk - Alinor - (Lillandril?) - Stros M'Kai - Hegathe - (Daggerfall?) - Farrun - Windhelm

>Barely Discernible Line:
>Stros M'Kai - Firsthold - Woodhearth

I'm surprised by how busy a port city Woodhearth seems to be.
>>
>>51540967
>>51541089
I think I read somewhere that Vivec was supposedly being rebuilt by the time of Skyrim
>>
>>51541161
>Barely Discernible Line:
Also makes a stop at Dusk it appears
>>
>>51541180
You might be thinking of Mournhold, but it's very well possible Vivec has or is being rebuilt as well, if not outright mentioned.
>>
>>51541180
Some of the cities are, but I don't think Vivec is mentioned as being that. That being said, there could probably be a stop or a village there, it's a good location.
>>
>>51539124
I blame Trainwiz
>>
File: skeleton fest.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton fest.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>51541382
You're welcome.
>>
>>51539124
Personally, I just consider it an AU. I've seen speculation about that being the case anyway because of the weird Molag Bal shit, but it works for me. The game is fun and the story lines I've played have been entertaining. I can forgive them goofing up on lore, because it ultimately doesn't matter.
>>
that trailer was such a goddamn clichefest
I don't think there was even a single frame that I haven't seen in other movies
>>
>>51542429
what
>>
>>51542452
the morrowind DLC trailer for ESO
>>
So, if my friends and I are trying out UESRPG 3e, what do we do for enemies? NPC's are pretty easy to fudge, but how do you test things like "combat against monsters" without the rules for them?
>>
File: bladesbalconeyroughcolor.jpg (3MB, 3840x4320px) Image search: [Google]
bladesbalconeyroughcolor.jpg
3MB, 3840x4320px
How are you fine folks tonight?
Hope you have a nice weekend.
What sort of feelings does pic related evoke? What's you guys' favorite concept art pieces?

Rest in peace, Adam. 5 years gone next Thursday.
>>
>>51542667
Oh shit, I remember the day when the news came out. I love that man's concept art, it paints Skyrim in a majestic, even mystic way.
>>
>>51542667
>How are you fine folks doing tonight?
Pretty good. Setting up a game w/ IRL friends and aced a Chemistry test.
>Hope you have a nice weekend.
You too.
>What sort of feeling does pic related evoke?
That /tesg/'s facination with making the games look like the concept art is fucking retarded. Look at that landscape! Sure, it's pwetty, but it would've been a God-damn nightmare to actually get anywhere. Vision has to meet practicality halfway.
>>
>>51542744
>Sure, it's pwetty, but it would've been a God-damn nightmare to actually get anywhere.
Surprise, that's what mountains work like.
Anyway, if levitation existed in-game, it would've made it easier.
>>
File: korvan.jpg (220KB, 1546x1600px) Image search: [Google]
korvan.jpg
220KB, 1546x1600px
>>51542667
>What sort of feelings does pic related evoke?
mysterious lost land
>What's you guys' favorite
That's a very hard choice but pic has always fascinated me.
>>
>>51542508
where?
>>
What type of graffiti do you think they have in Orsinium?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1329x529px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1329x529px
Are they flames around Baar Dau because of it slowly starting to fall again or is it because Vivec stopped it mid fall and the flames are from the original descent? I hope it's the latter because it makes it look far more impressive and scary.
>>
>>51542667
>What sort of feelings does pic related evoke?
A land where Nords line their shields with wasabi.
>>
File: Just Nordic things.jpg (1MB, 3746x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Just Nordic things.jpg
1MB, 3746x1127px
>>51542667
I'm okay. Tired as fuck, though that's entirely my own fault.

That pic, and most others like it, is associated with some disappointment.
Aside from the fact that the in-game result is pretty bad, the worst thing is that I think there's an important element lost in the translation from concept to representation.
Sky Haven Temple is a rather unique place, perhaps in all of Tamriel, as a temple built in an Akaviri style. Can't imagine there's many buildings like it still around.
You're supposed to get there, and the place will be totally unlike every barrow and fort you've been through. It's supposed to be new, fresh and alien, just as it would be for anyone in Tamriel. And then the actual representation just kind of doesn't manage to deliver that out-of-place-ness I'm convinced the temple was intended to have.

Also I'm loving how "vertical" Adam's take on Skyrim's geography is. Steep mountains and the feeling that you're constantly being dwarfed by your surroundings. It's just great.

I'm terrible at picking favourites, but here's a fun one.
>>
>>51543034
>help a demi-god regain his lost powers
you what m8? Is this real? How the hell did vivec lose his powers?
>>
>>51542934
>>51542508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5xst39v8wE
>>
>>51543160
>demi
Triggered
>>
>>51543160
All the Tribunal had to regularly recharge their powers
>>
>>51539092
Looks like a cinematic for world of warcraft
>>
>>51544132
Constantly defending ESO - actual evidence of shill activity. Say it ain't so.
>>
Is Red Mountain active after its 3E eruption?
>>
>>51539124
Being alone in the desert will make a man thirsty.
Lorefags gotta occupy themselves somehow.
>>
>>51544438
And it's not like people are gonna put ESO lore in front of any new lore that comes with a new game. It's just filler.

But, you know, no fun allowed; lore is serious business.
>>
>>51544410
>pointing out why someone is wrong is being a shill
>>
>>51544410
That was lore since Morrowind, did you just not pay attention?
>>
File: wipwentnuts_6877590595_o.jpg (3MB, 5820x6024px) Image search: [Google]
wipwentnuts_6877590595_o.jpg
3MB, 5820x6024px
>>51542875
Oh I didn't mean you could choose only one. Here's the original sized version of that for you buddy.

>>51543115
The storyboards are great! Shame there wasn't much to the levitating stuff in game as in the concepts, is there any mention of that in the lore? I'm drawing a blank here.
I gotta agree about the mountains, the image makes you feel very humble.
>>
>>51543115
Where can I find more of this?
>>
what happens if/when ES6's lore is terrible, do you go "ES6 is not canon" like ESO or do you accept it for what garbage it is?
>>
File: mcastlesketch.jpg (4MB, 7098x3538px) Image search: [Google]
mcastlesketch.jpg
4MB, 7098x3538px
M (Markarth?) castle
>>
https://twitter.com/TamrielRebuilt/status/827620921468936196
>>
>>51545390
10 more years of posting about Morrowind in tgesg between TES6 and 7

It's gonna be great, it will be fantastic
>>
>>51545390
I'm basing my own vision of Tamriel on Arena-Morrowind lore with bits and pieces from the latter game anyway
>>
>>51545538
Is that a dragon skull with tusks he's wearing? O-oh no
>>
>>51545390
There will those who will hate it no matter what.
>>
>>51545390
If ES6 is shit I'm just going to say fuck the games and formulate my own personal continuity.
>>
>>51545890
one with morrowing
>>
>>51545390
I will place Bethesda into the same mental category as Bioware and ignore everything they produce ever again.
True Tamriel will always exist in my heart.
>>
>>51544593
No he's probably just lost from /v/ and as such do not play video games.
>>
>>51544436
Probably.
>>
>>51538875
I think both are complaining about the same thing. They at once made them too advanced technologically and in terms of civilization, but also stripped a lot of their unique culture away and made them more generic.
>>
File: not sure about this.jpg (4MB, 6788x4179px) Image search: [Google]
not sure about this.jpg
4MB, 6788x4179px
What bothers me greatly is judging from the filenames there's a whole bunch of concept art Bethesda hasn't released/found.
>>
>>51544410
He straight works for bethesda fucker
>>
File: mp02_6877538561_o.jpg (908KB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
mp02_6877538561_o.jpg
908KB, 3600x2400px
>>51546647
>>
File: z55_6877603325_o.jpg (994KB, 2073x2798px) Image search: [Google]
z55_6877603325_o.jpg
994KB, 2073x2798px
>>51546742
Now that I notice more of the same designs, there's been some proper thought put into this area. Never made it in the final product.
>>
>>51540468
Literaly skyrm concept art
>>51546628
pretty much, now i dont hate all of skyrim, but most the good stuff, especialy visually in skyrim came from the original art direction of the Adamcowitz or what he was called guy, which sadly was never fully realized.

Generaly i would have liked them to go more frazetta and i would also have liked them to be less about Scandinavian Vikings since realy they were maybe 10% of the Germanic people of that time and far from the most important ones, they simply existed in this state for longer than the others, since the others actually built empires of their own, much like the Nord in TES.

>>51543160
No Ghostfence in the picture and no Dagoth Ur for another 200 years, its probably some daedric fuckery interfering with Vivec beeing able to make the Pilgrimage to the Heart, or it might just be Vivec making up excuses to interact with the protagonist.

For all its faults ESO has pulled stuff like that before (Come help Kurog build Orsinium and make a modern Orc society, nevermind that , heres Orc game of thrones with False Flag attacks, religious terrorism and unconventional political messages)

>>51543034
I think they figured that if Baar Dau was just slowed down in time it would still have a trail, i honestly dont know if i like that depiction, in morrowind you could actually go inside it and that makes very little sense when its burning.

>>51539158
>ESOs lore is shit change it
>They change the lore to be more in line what lorebeards want
>They didnt mean it

>>51542667
Consoles did this, as simple as that.
>>
>>51546742
>>51546806
I think this is supposed to be the dungeon from the first quest, as well as that tower in front of it
>>
>>51546923
>Literaly skyrm concept art
He was likely referring to the content of the post and not the image, which has nothing to do with the Skaal.

>>51546934
I don't think it is.
>>
>>51546934
Bleak Falls? I mean it could be but I highly doubt it, it seems to have been something much larger and of greater importance, but then ended up being scrapped at a later point.
There's a whole bunch of similar designs,the scope was enormous and the design quite different from Bleak Falls Barrow.

Looking at the dates, those particular images have been scanned a couple days after Adam's death, so there's no telling at exactly which point of development they are for.
My guess would be very early on, as the digital version in >>51546742 is from 2007.
>>
>>51547157
the skaal gear mostly looked more sphoisticated because in Morrowind everything other than the Imperials did look way more late medieval, which makes sense given that technology in TES actually decreases over time.

Skyrims Skaal armor also looks nothing like the original morrowind design and has taken a step down in quality.

Tho i gotta say i never liked the Skaal armors from Morrowind, i always thought they looked out of place with the nakd berserkers and the fryse hags running around.
>>
>>51546647
>concept art depicts dragons
>game features wyverns
Wew
>>
>>51545390
Accept garbage and enjoy the games for what they are - fun open-world RPGs

The reason I dislike ESO isn't even because of lore, it's becauss I don't find it fun as a game
>>
Elder Scrolls 6 Hammerfell will be a survival game in the Alik'r

Coming in early access alpha to Steam in 2020
>>
Moody.
>>
>>51548197
but will it have crafting
>>
>>51548332
Of course! Fallout 4 is Minecraft, TES VI is gonna be Rust!
>>
>>51543259
Well, the Morag Tong have gotten pretty darn sloppy since the last year of the first era.
>>
>>51548197
I honestly wouldn't mind.
I can think of worse options.
>>
>>51539124
Because it actually implements some of the weird lore that isn't just rehashes like the main series does.
>>
>>51549174
I said it like it was a joke but looking at Conan Exiles I kinda thought I'd like to see a survival game with rpg elements in a TES setting too
>>
File: image.jpg (406KB, 2560x1594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406KB, 2560x1594px
>>51542516
Right now we are working on updating the inhabitants book.

Your best bet is to look at the 2e inhabitants book and just do a bit of prep beforehand or have some PDF bookmarks to the 3e armoury. Most of the actual stats and talents function pretty similarly so it's mostly just the odd talent or trait that's been reworked that needs a once over, and equipment references no longer being valid. Additionally, spells are a bit different and the stat lines are *slightly* changed but are easy enough to fix on the fly.

My best advice for now is to just consider the kind of foes your party is facing and adjust accordingly from the 2e book, until we get the inhabitants book out for third
>>
File: Screenshot_20161227-134651.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161227-134651.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51539032
Something something CHIM dragon break, though... Right?
>>
>>51546033
What happened to Bioware was a tragedy. I hope Bethesda never reaches that point.
>>
>>51546711
That was the joke amigo
>>
>>51549759
Bioware was never actually good though
>>
>>51550094
Early Bioware games were good m8. Even Mass Effect and Dragon Age had good starts. Their games have never had amazing lore but they were fun and had some solid character-based and political plots.
>>
File: 6877495781_d5f12cc626_o.jpg (825KB, 2354x2601px) Image search: [Google]
6877495781_d5f12cc626_o.jpg
825KB, 2354x2601px
>>51547471
>>concept art depicts dragons
>>
>>51549379
Gotcha, thanks so much. Really liking the looks of all these mechanics (Lucky Numbers are great), can't wait to see how they fit together.
>>
What traits would be most present in a Thalmor warrior who's actually pretty good as a martial and as a mage? A well balanced gish, if you would.
>>
>>51546923
>They change the lore to be more in line what lorebeards want
That's not what they did. They just slapped some dank lore bro on what they had without any hint of subtlety and called it a day.
And lorebeards ate it up because surprise surprise, all they care about is pretentious 2deep4u shit.

Also friendly reminder that Trainboy's soul belongs to Zenimax now and he's not allowed to publicly criticize their products anymore.
>>
>>51550633
Why do you sound like you just came from /v/?
>>
>>51550735
Takes one to know one.
I have no idea what /v/ denizens sound like, personally.
>>
>>51550633
You can always tell someone hasn't actually played ESO and just parrots what they heard on /vg/.
>>
Lore wise, can you be soulless and still alive?

What's the result? Sunless sea style "oh, I feel vaguely empty, shit happens" or full blown complete unconsciousness/coma?
>>
File: tribal amber stuff.jpg (245KB, 2560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
tribal amber stuff.jpg
245KB, 2560x2048px
>>51549038
>sloppy
The Morag Tong were legal assassins. Not too much call to be sneaky when you can just walk up to someone, stab them in the face, then flash your card at the cops and get away with it.
>>
>>51550801
>can you be soulless and still alive?

There's a lot of variations on that. You can remove a soul from someone's body and weird shit happens but they're still connected (and in the case of soul shriven, they decay rapidly), bodies without souls entirely seem to be more or less empty shells, in the few times they occur.
>>
>>51539196
>>51540513
>>51540936
It's all on Coldharbour anyway so who cares?
>>
>>51547262
Too bad Skyrim didn't have such grand outdoor locations as in these concepts, almost every location was essentially just a door to the dungeon.
>>
>>51550857
Cheers. Second question: I remember reading the whole 'dagoth ur is dreaming of being alive and views the dreamsleeve on its side" shitpost/copypasta a while back. Got a copy?
>>
>>51550859
But /tg/ getting the lore wrong anyway. Vvardenfell being holy unsettled ground was a thing implemented by Tiber Septim that banned imperial colonization, it had always had settlements, just house ones.
>>
File: dagoth ur explained.png (93KB, 1395x335px) Image search: [Google]
dagoth ur explained.png
93KB, 1395x335px
>>51550882
>>
>>51538875
If they stuck with the depiction of the Nords in the PGE, they would've been neat, but would've also forego'd any real plot to the game of Skyrim considering Nords used to have a military with legions who knew bits of the voice.
>>
>>51550754
But "Trainboy" is a mutation of "Dreamboy" which is from a /v/ pasta.

I know because, sadly, these threads used to be on /v/ 5+ years ago.
>>
>>51550886
I think the main thing that bothers people is Vivec losing his power because he gets a mysterious illness. How the fuck does a god get ill?
>>
>>51550804
i recall some bs about the morag tong being illegal in the 2nd era and the voice we hear in the trailer being vehk, rather than mephala.

but considering he is an anticipation of mephala who gives a hoot
>>
File: Shrine_of_Peryite_Oblivion.png (1016KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shrine_of_Peryite_Oblivion.png
1016KB, 600x1000px
>>51550923
>How the fuck does a god get ill?
>>
File: 0euHjwp.png (540KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
0euHjwp.png
540KB, 1024x724px
>>51550923
Because he isnt a god. You did play Morrowind right?
>>
>>51550919
That pasta has been posted in these threads for years.
>>
>>51550923
We really don't know the details yet, so it's hard to say if it's bad or not.
>>
>>51550897
Also cheers. Third and final question: Was the Dreamsleeve actually biological internet in the first era?
>>
>>51550930
The Tong are illegal outside of Morrowind. Remember, after they Tong'd the Potenate, everyone realized how powerful they were and took efforts to purge them (which is what lead the DB to originally take power instead). They're still operating in Morrowind because that's how the Great Houses work.
>>
>>51550945
It's still /v/. "Lorebeards" is also a r/teslore term, fun fact.
>>
>>51550942
He was CHIMmed though.
>>
>>51550940
Would probably need someone stronger than Peryite the pathetic to fuck with any part of the Tribunal.

>>51550965
And the faction that Tonged the Potentate was the Mother faction right? The one that eventually became the DB?

>>51550942
Now that is a fun shoop. Also those chinese bird fishermen are awesome even if they are inefficient and dying out as an art-form.
>>
>>51550964
Yes, and not just in the first. It was probably mostly used in the second.
>>
>>51550775
I played it years ago and found it okay but not especially interesting

Has it improved?
>>
>>51550964
>biological
No, more like dream internet. Memospores are messages sent through the dreamsleeve that are then received by the wizard. They're not actual spores, it's like worldplay or whatever. Memo + spore.
>>
>>51550997
I don't remember the reason for the usage of the term spore, of if there even was one. Am I forgetting something?
>>
File: 1471737001068.jpg (155KB, 1224x817px) Image search: [Google]
1471737001068.jpg
155KB, 1224x817px
>>51550965
Ah, right.

I've always subscribed to the theory that Mephala caused the split due to the Morag Tong's reliance on politics and thus created the DB as a more chaotic form of expression.

>>51550980
CHIM =/= god; Neo doesn't shape the matrix otherwise we wouldn't of had sequels.
>>
File: tumblr_o5302lZF4I1tmhypto1_1280.png (1MB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5302lZF4I1tmhypto1_1280.png
1MB, 1280x901px
>>51550968
Which makes sense in context, as r/teslore are prime ESO apologists.
>>
File: vivec gets boned.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vivec gets boned.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>51550981
>Would probably need someone stronger than Peryite the pathetic to fuck with any part of the Tribunal.

Maybe to actually attack them, but to give Vivec a divine cold or block his powers doesn't seem beyond Peryite. Weak or not he is still a prince, and disease is still his sphere.
>>
>>51550997
Read worldplay as wordplay and the only thing I could think of was a biological internet that was one giant shitpost pun.
>>
>>51551006
Mushrooms havin sex make spores that float up into the air to be received by the earth somewhere else. The lexicon is based upon the founder's understanding of the memospore, and so its a memo that is like a spore, that lands elsewhere.
>>
>>51551020
And you posted an image from tumblr, so it's a wash.
>>
File: world war d.png (949KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
world war d.png
949KB, 1600x900px
>>51551006
I thought it was because it's sent out, floats around and then takes seed in something. In this case, it's a message that's sent out, floats in the dreamsleeve, and arrives at the recipient mage.
>>
>>51551030
So you send messages by having sex?
>>
>>51551062
stop shitposting
>>
>>51551047
>>51551030
Justifiable.

On the Dreamsleeve:
>Stolen from a neat word Ken made up for Battlespire. The dreamsleeve is a conduit for sending special transmissions. Used by weirdo magicians and Imperial clerks, mainly. Kinda like myspace...only to reach it one must have at least part of their brain constantly meditating, because one aspect of the conduit is that it is able to carry images of concepts not yet "real".
>>
>>51551062
Sounds like Mephala's WWW.
>>
>>51551115
Does this mean doggystyle is like TOR?
>>
>>51551009
Tiber retconned Cyrodiil into a non-jungle and Vivec retconned his own life; sounds pretty godlike
>>
File: fj694l9ratU.jpg (69KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
fj694l9ratU.jpg
69KB, 403x604px
>>51551154
Irrigating a field doesn't make you a god.
>>
>>51551166
Doing it with your voice might.
>>
>>51550923
From what I get, the worst thing is that it contradicts the original Morrowind narrative. Previously, Tribunes losing power was a huge unprecedented thin which only happened because of DU awakening. But in ESO, Tribunes lose power left and right because of plot convenience reasons. Of course you can always make up some kind of justification, doesn't make this kind of bad writing any better.

ESO has a problem of having zero creativity in general and rehashing plots from different points in Tamriel history instead of bringing something new to the table.
>>
>>51551166
>I breathe now in royalty and reshape this land which is mine
Sounds like he did a bit more than irrigate
>>
>>51551189
>ESO has a problem of having zero creativity in general and rehashing plots from different points in Tamriel history instead of bringing something new to the table.

So then you haven't actually played it.
>>
>>51551180
Irrigating a field is still irrigating a field; you arent the ocean.

>>51551196
erosion
>>
>>51551189
>But in ESO, Tribunes lose power left and right because of plot convenience reasons.

What? This is the only time the Tribunal is seen losing any sort of power. And it's evidently shown to be kept a big secret.
>>
>>51551202
As an example, the whole Trinimac/Malacath stuff is straight up from PGE3.

>>51551217
Didn't Almalexia lose power because of "reasons" too?
>>
>>51551203
You're looking at the result instead of the act. Transforming an entire province is, yeah, something that would happen in time over the course of centuries. Forcing it overnight with Chim'd up thoom isn't that.
>>
>>51551240
Yes it is, just sped up.
>>
>>51551231
>Didn't Almalexia lose power because of "reasons" too?

No. She even appears during her particular quest and goes god on a bunch of people.
>>
>>51551255
Which is what makes it a god level act.
>>
>>51551266
You can go fast in car this doesn't make you god.

God = influence on the world and physics of the world itself forever

CHIM = influence on the physics of the world for a time
>>
>>51551285
What?

I mean, wait, what? Ignoring that, you're making up this distinction. Talos is a god. This isn't up for debate. The Empire knows he's a god. The Thalmor know he's a god.
>>
>>51551231
>As an example, the whole Trinimac/Malacath stuff is straight up from PGE3.

Aren't the Trinimac people the bad guys in ESO? Also I don't seem to remember the PGE3 going into detail, just saying that they were re-establishing Trinimac worship and rebuilding Orsinium. And that ESO seems to establish a point that the orcs actually try to rebuild Orsinium a huge amount of times, not just twice.
>>
>>51551310
Orsinium is an unattainable concept. Fitting for Malacath's people really.
>>
>>51551265
How did she manage to get kicked from her own fucking temple then.
>>
>>51551309
>Talos is a god
Is he?
>>
>>51551309
talos is several people who shezzar; changing cyrodiil from jungle to forest isnt a godly act since it is bound to time and isnt forever; in another time its always a jungle, in this it isnt.

changing who or what you are via CHIM isnt godly because it isnt absolute, your convolute timelines with a netchimans son and a timeline of forever a chim. both are finite.

becoming a god is impossible unless you amanrath; CHIM is just seeing the code and diverting shit/travelling around possibilities until you find something you like to suit you and the dream, the I and I = I.
>>
>>51551360
Because being a god and being all-powerful in TES are two different things. It took two Tribunes to fight Dagon back even when he wasn't on his own plane.
>>
>>51550151
Mass Effect had promise, but Dragon Age was bad all around. The on lot reason anyone lapped up their shit is because there was absolutely nothing else to play
>>
>>51551379
It wasn't any Prince this time though, just some worshippers.
>>
>>51551361
Yes. First of all, the equivalent of doing something fast isn't "riding in a car." It has nothing to do with movement.

Changing the topography of a country over centuries due to erosion doesn't make you a god. Changing the topography of a country over the course of months by impossibly organizing everyone to do so doesn't make you a god. Snapping your fingers and having it happen in an instant makes you a god.

Driving in a car doesn't make you a god. Building a car doesn't make you a god. Snapping your fingers and flying at 100mph makes you a god (to the extent of this example).
>>
>>51551419
Backed directly by Boethiah.
>>
>>51550379
Thanks! Lucky numbers were one of my pet projects in the development because I really like the thematics of literal lucky numbers informing crits.

If you've got any comments or criticism on 3e, don't be afraid to pop into the discord and be heard!
>>
>>51551427
thats not me. stop cherry picking to shitpost.

>>51551378
>>
>>51551378
CHIM isn't what makes Talos a god. Being worshiped by people is what makes Talos a god, mainly (then there's the mantling stuff, which isn't relevant). CHIM is what makes him powerful and gives him the resources to act as a god.

I think we have different definitions of god. Reman is a god. The daedra are gods.
>>
>>51551447
>stop cherry picking to shitpost.
What, again? How could I have any idea which posts are yours or not?
>>
>>51551427
>Snapping your fingers and flying at 100mph makes you a god

no it doesnt because you are still bound to a concept of needing to get to A to B due to the concept of a car. if you were a god you'd just get to the destination.

>>51551453
>The daedra are gods.

they are ideas, like the aedra, except they are bound to convolution.

the only god is the godhead; everything else is inert or bound to the rules of reality incapable of escaping them.
>>
>>51551378
>becoming a god is impossible unless you amanrath
None of the divines or daedric princes are gods, then.
>>
File: the_charge_by_lelek1980-d5cyd73.jpg (274KB, 1280x603px) Image search: [Google]
the_charge_by_lelek1980-d5cyd73.jpg
274KB, 1280x603px
>>51551496
duh

aedra are just inert laws of reality that cant do shit unless there is a strong enough mortal pull eg martin

daedric princes still maintain some power over the laws of mundus but can only convolute it and not create anything original.

they are both ideas that shape the world, like laws of physics. you dont call gravity god, do you?
>>
>>51551482
You've totally lost me. You're inventing terms here. If Talos wanted to, he could just teleport wherever. Theoretically.

The Godhead is only a god as much as our own universe is a god. To be a god in TES all you need are people to worship you. It doesn't make you powerful, which is a different story. It just so happens that most beings regarded as gods also happen to be powerful.
>>
>>51551532
You know that "god" is a made up, applied term, right? It's like powerlevel ranking. It's just shit people on Nirn say about things they like.

People worship Y'ffre, and Earthbone. Gravity is an Earthbone.
>>
File: Dres hunter.jpg (220KB, 850x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Dres hunter.jpg
220KB, 850x1056px
>>51545619
My n'wah.
>>
>>51551536
talos is a shezzar, an avatar of lorkhan aka special snowflake padomay god who can do whatever he wants.

the tribunal, to get back to the original argument, arent gods; just a bunch of nerds who tripped on the heart of lorkhan.
>>
>gods aren't gods
is this another one of those "my apocrypha" ideas that teslore keeps trying to use??
>>
>>51551557
this changes nothing and only futher reiterates my point
>>
>>51551622
no this is more like "lets define things without MK convoluted lexicon" instead of backwoods medieval milkdrinkers who need to make everything mystical
>>
>>51551598
So Lorkhan is a god but the other Aedra and Daedra aren't? I think the term you're looking for here is "omnipotent" or "omnipresent" or something, which, yeah, would only describe the Godhead. But there are also tons of gods in TES. Dozens of them. Some don't have any powers at all. Some do. As long as someone is worshiped, they are a god, which is different than actually being powerful.
>>
>>51551655
You are so stupid, man.
>>
>>51551658
Lorkhan is the "god" of creation and bypasses a lot of laws of reality due to his involvement with the creation of Nirn.

Aedra gave up their power; Daedra kept most of theirs, you know this. Lorkhan is just a special snowflake because his power is residual; he didnt expend too much and the rest of him was torn to pieces, leaving him a dormant pos that influences everything.
>>
>>51551658
Omnipotent.
Omniscient.
Sovereign.
>>
>>51551658
>As long as someone is worshiped, they are a god

No they arent. They are just some idol for a bunch of morons. Like the Tribunal.
>>
File: baladas.png (337KB, 522x574px) Image search: [Google]
baladas.png
337KB, 522x574px
What is a God?
>>
>>51551761
The Godhead

The rest are just dreams
>>
>>51551711
So, Lorkhan is a god because he was involved with the creation of Nirn but Akatosh, Magnus, the rest somehow aren't? There's no real difference between, say, Lorkhan, Dibella and Namira besides station. You know that they're all the same type of thing, right?

Everything in the entire Dream is just on a sliding scale from Anu to, I don't know, rocks and dirt. Everything classifying it further is made up. Fabricated. The term Aedra is made up. The term Daedra is made up (oh, and, by the way, Deadra CAN create things). People gave names to some things and prioritize them over other things. The term "god" is synonymous with "worshiped" and that's all.
>>
>>51551780
Baladas asked for a definition.
>>
>>51551794
Akatosh spent his power and became time, a law of reality. Same with the rest sans Magnus, who fucked off when he figured out what was up.

Daedra can only create based off what is already there. Never said they can't create, just what they create is reliant on the laws already established.

People in TES universe are retarded and they worship the ides of nature, not gods.

>>51551795
The Godhead.
>>
File: VivecC0DA.png (4MB, 1440x2028px) Image search: [Google]
VivecC0DA.png
4MB, 1440x2028px
>>51551761

A miserable little pile of secrets.
>>
File: fyr.jpg (81KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
fyr.jpg
81KB, 400x380px
>>51551853
>The only God is the Godhead because the Godhead is the only God
Okay.
>>
Can you dinguses get it that "god" has multiple definitions
Someone who is worshiped by someone else as a god is literally a god to them
God can also be understood as a being that's incomprehensibly powerful from the perspective of a "mundane" being regardless of whether they're worshiped or not, like in our actual reality not all gods were worshiped
Then there's also the metaphysical concept of god, the absolute, the one, the source of everything, the ground of existence, Brahman, universe, whatever you want to call it that would be the Godhead in TES
You're literally arguing what the correct definition of the term in-universe is when all three supposedly exist in it

Stop
>>
File: nerevar_by_lelek1980-d57kf41.jpg (292KB, 600x909px) Image search: [Google]
nerevar_by_lelek1980-d57kf41.jpg
292KB, 600x909px
>>51551877
The Godhead dreams reality and thus all the subsequent ideas, kalpas, etc, and by being the origin of all, is the only god, sans the next dude who achieves Amaranth.
>>
>>51551853
You're making up an arbitrary definition for a term, or taking one from real life, and applying it to a fictional setting. That doesn't work, it doesn't make sense, it doesn't apply.

So you define godhood by...sentience? Because Lorkhan didn't totally sunder himself, or in the same manner as the rest, he's a god and Akatosh isn't? Well, guess what, the Godhead isn't sentient and Akatosh intervenes just as much as Lorkhan does.

The idea that the Deadra can't create or have a limit on what they can create is total bullshit.
>>
>>51551903
The issue is that this guy thinks only the latter definition applies when, like you said, all exist.

>>51551914
In regards to a term to have arbitrarily decided, yes.
>>
>>51551914
Spot the christian
>>
>>51551917
No. The only god is the godhead. When everthing else is a dream that doesn't realize its properties, then its not a god. It's all just subjective drivel to whatever idea views it, and with that the idea converges into a subjective form that suits the idea, in this case people, that view it. They arent concrete absolutes, they are just churning masses of a concept that inhabit a hollow idea whose motive is only advanced in self-belief, that is an idea of the godhead believing in an idea of the godhead. The only source is the godhead, and thus, the godhead is the only thing in true control of all.

>The idea that the Deadra can't create or have a limit on what they can create is total bullshit.

Then why don't they create another universe?

>>51551972
Spot the samefag; inb4 photoshop
>>
>>51551655
I am confounded trying to determine why you indulge in TES at all with an attitude like that
>>
>>51551990
Are you legitimately autistic? Just asking.
>>
>>51552006
some people don't like flowerspeak
>>
>>51551990
Well sure, the only god is the Godhead if your definition of what a god is means only "the Godhead." That just so happens to not be the case when everyone else is talking about it.

>Then why don't they create another universe?
Uh, because that's what makes them the fucking Daedra in the first place? If you've been paying attention, you'll know that there is no different between the Aedra and Daedra, it's a term made up by Mer, like a political party. If the Aedra can create the Mundus, then, hmmm, the Daedra could too. They chose not to.
>>
>>51552023
I'm sorry the ideology of your game/franchise has been broken down and you're unable to defend it. *tips gondolier hat*
>>
>>51552023
No he's just got a lot of conviction.

And probably autism too.
>>
>>51552051
>there is no different between the Aedra and Daedra

Except the Aedra have no power at all save for what earthbones they already represent and the Daedra use whatever power they have left to churn out belief tendies from mortals.
>>
>>51551972
This. Christianfag just can't wrap their head around the concept that a god doesn't have to include omni-anything on it's profile.
>>
>>51552053
You're seriously starting to sound like someone trying to rationalize or impose his real world religious beliefs onto a video game. Why are you even here?

>>51552058
Definitely autism.
>>
>>51551154
Honestly...I would have loved some mixture of Cyrodil's grasslands and that whole jungle idea. Just imagining the land being this lush realm that the jungle is trying to reclaim sounds fun.
>>
>>51552075
What are you even talking about? Someone with an amputated leg is still a human, just like the et'Ada who became the Earthbones and Gift Limbs are still Ada. Aedra are Ada. Daedra are Ada. They're all the same thing.
>>
>>51551655
I don't see how calling entities like Akatosh and Mara "gods" has anything to do with convoluted MK speech. People call them gods because the games pretty explicitly define them as gods.
>>
>>51551990
>When everthing else is a dream that doesn't realize its properties
What difference does it make to anyone then what a god is? The term is completely meaningless
Whether beings in the Godhead's dream are truly in control or not doesn't matter at all when they're self-aware being with an experience of reality
You're looking into this from the outside in and failing to realize that every being in the TES universe is inside it and their perspective is determined by that it defines what a "god" is in the universe
>>
>>51552089
I'm not imposing anything, just taking the logical step from the aedra who can't do anything, the daedra who are limited, and the cheese-team who acts like they can do anything to its source. The only real god is the godhead and the rest are things that just churn the waves of the dream. Why are you suddenly so defensive?
>>
>>51552112
It's also funny because he's with full force using terms MK made up or inserted into TES. It's also funny because practically every metaphysical concept in TES is derived from the real world, so complaining about them is complaining about actual real world religions.
>>
>>51552118
It doesn't matter if the Aedra can't do anything. It doesn't matter is the Daedra are limited. It doesn't matter if the Tribunal stole their power illegitimately.

If you try to tell people it does, then, yes, you are imposing your own arbitrary definition that doesn't mesh with 1. what we know about the metaphysics of the series and 2. what the people in the series actually believe.
>>
File: 1459128648032.jpg (119KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459128648032.jpg
119KB, 768x512px
>>51552116
Taking a peasants stance only means you can irrigate; no wonder why people get so stuck on CHIM.

>>51552112
>citing ingame sources as a definite answer

no

>>51552108
I'm not even going to answer this if you don't understand the concept that Aedra are entirely expended of most of their power from the creation of Mundus and that the Daedra are entrapped within the gaps of the spokes.

>>51552153
It matters if it causes this much of an unroar. The Aedra and Daedra were never gods, the only god is the Godhead, the rest is ouroboros conjecture of a dream reassuring itself its real.
>>
>>51551021
Doesn't he share it with Namira because he's a parasitic little twat?
>>51551154
>>51552093
At least the south was pretty jungly and the west was "Tropicalish" scrub. But yeah the temperate zone started too far south.
>>
>>
>>51552176
Every last point you have only applies if you go with the arbitrary definition of what a god is that you've made up.

This is exactly as fruitless, and I mean exactly, this isn't a metaphor or anything, as going into a church or a mosque or anything and saying "YOUR GOD ISN'T REALLY A GOD BECAUSE BY THE DEFINITION OF MY BELIEFS IT ISN'T."
>>
I basically just stopped reading this once he started arguing the godhead is the only god.
>>
>>51552231
I'm trapped here, kill me.
>>
>>51552176
>citing ingame sources as a definite answer
I mean, the NPCs can be wrong about how something in their world works but they can't really be wrong about the definition of a term since we're borrowing their words when we talk about their universe
>>
File: 1485105703756.jpg (71KB, 458x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485105703756.jpg
71KB, 458x720px
>>51552221
Empirically prove me wrong, then.

protip: you cant
>>
>>51552176
>>citing ingame sources as a definite answer
>no
?????????????????????????????
>>
>>51552288
And you can't either.
>>
>>51552221
He's basically been saying that the Abrahamic god is the only possible god in existence in all of his posts. No one else's definition of god is correct and they should have all figured it out by now.

Just ignore the retard
>>
This is some tusktonics tier shit.
>>
File: spode.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
spode.png
3KB, 192x192px
why does this keep happening
>>
Illithids in service to Hermaeus Mora that collect information for him and convert their victims into thrall y/n?
>>
Did Almalexia really love Nerevar? Or was it all a lie?
>>
>>51552617
I'm sure she did once
>>
File: Foul Murder.jpg (168KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
Foul Murder.jpg
168KB, 800x582px
>>51552617
According to MK, all three did love him. Didn't stop them for pic related.
>>
>>51552649
Almalexia looks like LN in this drawing
>>
>>51552649
This is the weirdest polyamorous relationship ever. I'd still ship Sotha Sil and Nerevar.
>>
Are Magnus and Auriel gods?
>>
>>51552700
I assume they all loved him in different ways and Sotha Sil loved him in a mentor to student way and not a "let's fuck" way

Or maybe they did all fuck, that's always a possibility
>>
>>51552700
You get it all wrong, Nerevar was a dense harem anime protagonist. Voryn and the Tribunes all wanted to fuck him but Nerevar blew them off without even knowing. Ever wondered why Alma didn't actually have children from him?
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/what-my-beloved-taught-me

>I Quit Being NEET And Found A Job As A Caravan Guard And Now Everybody Wants Me To Be Their Hortator?!
>>
>>51552810
>it was a yandere horror story disguised as a harem anime all along
>>
File: something happened.png (17KB, 658x112px) Image search: [Google]
something happened.png
17KB, 658x112px
what's the limit of what can be done with the Thu'um?
>>
>>51552810
Im going to be honest and say, I dont fully understand what I just read, but I trust your interpretation of it.
>>
>>51552905
Exactly.

Now that I think of it, even the archetypes match:
>Almalexia
Yandere princess
>Alandro Sul
Childhood friend
>Azura
Ara-ara~
>Dumac
Bro
>Sotha Sil
Quiet bookworm
>Voryn
Dwemerboo otaku
>Vivec
Trap
>>
>>51552941
It's simply an unrefined(maybe different?) form of tonal architecture, so look to the dwemers and see just how far they took it.
>>
File: 1470413081572.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1470413081572.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>51553076
>shout into the heart of lorkhan to tap into its powers
>>
>>51553076
psshhhh, please. It's a direct form of tonal architecture.
>>
>>51553099
This is probably what happened in one of the Battle of Red Mountain split-variants.
>>
>>51553132
The same way walking is a direct form of travelling. Doesn't mean there aren't much, much better ways of getting somewhere.
>>
>>51553173
Ah! but I can climb over rocks and walls and all sorts of things, I can climb down and up ravines and navigate steep banks. Walking places lets you understand the texture of the land in a rich and wonderful way. I can't do that with a car. Sometimes the journey is more important then the destination. ^_^
>>
File: spalplaspdll.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
spalplaspdll.png
3KB, 192x192px
>>51553235
>^_^
>>
>>51553235
annnnnnnnnnddd I think we just figured out what separated the Dwemer from the Greybeards.
>>
>>51553235
That's honestly a pretty good description of Tongues and Greybeards in general. But, don't forget that the other way gets you cars/planes/trains/ships/etc.
>>
>>51553377
You're right, but I guess that if I had to be like, locked into one thing, I'd chose the Voice because I've always favoured versatility over strength. It might be overextending the metaphor but I'd rather only be able to walk places then only be able to use motor transportation you know?
>>
>>51553497
There's really nothing stopping Tongues from diving into the nitty-gritty of Tonal Architecture, besides the age factor and the difficulty of the subject (basically quantum physics, except crazier). Will likely even make them hilariously more powerful than they already are.
>>
>>51553155
There was a dragonbreak at Red Mountain?
>>
>>51552810
>Ever wondered why Alma didn't actually have children from him?
You mean he never fucked his own wife? Not even once?
>>
>>51553956
It was there Numidium was first activated, after all.
>>
>>51550993
Its a lore thread, but yes it has, it added a crime system, pickpocketing, stealth takedowns, a bunch of new dungeons, and som eactual lore friendly zones like Orsinium it did away with MMO style levels and added a bunch of new content.
Its miles ahead of where it was on launch.

>>51550289
I dont know if this is any better, this reminds me of the Peryte sprite from Daggerfall. I guess its a very traditional european dragon.

>>51550930
They were illegal for a while because they murdered the Akaviri potentate, i think the point is that at the time they are on their way to legitimacy again.

In the third Era they are so popular that they can murder anyon anywhere if the murder was sanctioned without even having to deal with Stealth or anyhting like that. Morrowind is a bizarre place.
>>51550801
>>51550801
According to Skyrim you turn into a Zombie, according to ESO you turn into a Soul Shriven which is simmilar in a way but still retains its personality. Remember that in ESO tho the souls are stolen by a daedric prince while in Skyrim they are stollen by a shout so those things probably work differently.

>>51550873
Skuldafn was fairly large and outdoor, the problem is primarily that due to console limitations they couldnt go all the way, the dungeon where you get the Crown for Ulfric also has this sort of look.
>>51550980
CHIM is love, the reason Vekh didnt just CHIM away Dagoth Ur is because he knows struggle is why the MUNDEX ARENA exists.
Without struggle there is no way for anyone else to achieve the walking ways and ultimatley Amaranth to create the next world made from love not from betrayal.
>>51551154
Not the same, Gods in TES are something very specific, in a way CHIM is much more "powerfull", the thing is that due to its nature, those that achieved CHIM dont care enaugh to use it on Petty things.
>>51551189
>lets just make shit up because i assume nobody here played the game
you get to meet Alma, shes all powerfull.
>>
>>51551735
TES world=/=real world
>>
File: Echatere.jpg (187KB, 1050x845px) Image search: [Google]
Echatere.jpg
187KB, 1050x845px
>>51551310
>Trinimac People

The Trinimac worshippers arent shown as bad guys,
They just hapen to be Led by an Asshole that thinks change over time isnt good enaugh and the only way to make an Orsinium that is "Accepted" and open to the world is to force the change upon the more conservative Strongholds by founding a religious order of fanatics that kidnaps people and indoctrinates them, all the while making False Flag terror attacks on their own Followers to blame it on the Malacath Worshippers and on the Isolationist Stronghold orcs.

I tend to find that it had a refreshingly right wing slant.

The Trinimac priests themselves were shown as quite sympathetic if a bit naive about Malacath not beeing identical to Trinimac.
There were also several Orcs shown that were quite happy about Trinimac allowing them to live in a more elven way, by which i mean they got to Marry without having to kill their father and inheriting the stronghold first and not get passed around as a bargaining chip.

Imo its the strongest part of the game and the most lore apropriate. Besides the one where the Blackwood is shown as a steaming jungle.
>>
>>51538869
Hey it's best not to treat it as an Elder Scrolls game at all.
I mean fuck it they were lazy enough to use the book from the basement in Dragons Reach that describes the Ebony Blade as a lorebook randomly found somewhere in Morunhold millenia before it's supposed to be there.
>>
>>51554470
>Echatere
Fuck I love that design
>>
File: Morag Tong assassin.jpg (224KB, 675x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Morag Tong assassin.jpg
224KB, 675x1100px
>hurr durr morag tongs don't need stealth

Educate yourselves, n'wah scum.

>Swift and agile are the Morag Tong. Silent and unseen they move. Illusions they supply to misdirect their prey. Close and sure they strike with shortblade, or distant and secure they strike from afar with accurate missile fire. Light armor protects them from harm, and the acrobatic discipline finds for them the unseen and unlooked-for path.
>The Morag Tong is an assassins guild sanctioned by the Empire to provide three varieties of execution: public executions, private executions, and House Wars executions.

Just because they don't have trouble with law doesn't mean they don't need to sneak their way to their targets - the writ marks have all rights to retaliate and kill the assassins.
>>
>>51554511
I fucking hate it. Looks like something that belongs in Monster Hunter.
Where are my shaggy centipedes?
>>
>>51552649
Love doesnt mean they didnt kill him, also the Triune is known to be full of themselves and liars.
Sure theyd tell themselves they loved him, but lets face it, Alma and Vekh are assholes and Seht doenst care.
>>51552700
Someone hasnt read "The Red Moment" aka surprisingly well written smut about the triune fucking on nerevars corpse.
>>51552810
>nerevar
>Not vekh

Bouyant Armigers are a literal Harem.
>>51554448
>>51551735
No to both.
Gods are real, beeing an atheist in TES is stupid unless you are a Dwemer, in that case enjoy not eisting.
But beeing worshipped doesnt make anyone a god, else the Hist would be gods and this would be bad for everyone.
I dont think there is any actual proof of Gods requiring to be worshipped in order to sustain themselves, the only god whoe ver died of anything was Shor and he died by having his body torn.

those gods that are worshipped the least are also the weakest ones, but i think thats exactly *hy they are worshipped less, not why they are weak.
Believing into something is mostly there for mantling. In TES many things are driven by egotism. Befitting for a world that exists inside the head of a single beeing.
>>
File: ignore.jpg (117KB, 499x396px) Image search: [Google]
ignore.jpg
117KB, 499x396px
>>51554477
Word.
>>
>>51539957
They most certainly do.
They trade with the Velthi folovers, Chimer that weren't changed who live on the islands towards Akavir.
>>
>>51554542
>I dont think there is any actual proof of Gods requiring to be worshipped in order to sustain themselves
Isn't it why the Thalmor go after Talos worship so hard?
>>
>>51554555
Wait, was it actually mentioned in that Cathnoquey text?
>>
>>51540599
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Wizard

Can't wait for Bosmer Space explorers.
KeK
>>
>>51552700
It definitely is.
>As the Hortator pondered the first lesson of ruling kings, Vivec wandered into the Mourning Hold and found that Ayem was with a pair of lovers. Seht had divided himself again. Vivec then leapt through into their likenesses to observe, but he gained no secrets that he did not already know. He left a few of his own behind to make the journey worthwhile.
>>
>>51554561
might have a point there.
No idea.
>>
>>51545390
They won't make it that way.

ESO is only this shit cause it's a generic MMO that wanted to draw in the WoW players.
>>
>>51554542
>Alma and Vekh are assholes and Seht doenst care
Were they always like that though or were they decent people at some point?
>>
>>51554617
it's also turning into a cashgrab, but enough game talk
>>
>>51552810
Kek...Someone needs to make a manga out of it.
>>
>>51552810
You know, I like how that link is written as if it's Morrowind dialogue, as if Nerevar is the PC.

Would anyone else be down for a game where you play as Nerevar?
>>
>>51554566
Read the one book about the invasion on Akavir.
It mentions the Emperor subduing the Chimer ruled island chains towards Akavir in preparation for the invasion.

>inb4 hurr Akavir is da future not an actual continent!

That's only someones headcanon which stuck.
Akavir is one of the fragments that rained down on Nirn just like Tamriel, Atmora, Yokuda and Phiandora (or whatever that Elven not!Atlantis is named).
The lore that describes Altmer belief and their first encounters with humans says it all.
They all shared comon ancestors and came from the same world.
That world was shattered and its fragments spread across Nirn.
Every inhabitant started to change and the various races were born.
It's even a major point for Bosmer who after arriving in Tamriel were unable to keep a stable form and thus entered the Green pact.
>>
>>51554804
I know, but I don't remember there being mentions of Dunmer trading with Chimeri-quey.
>>
>>51542955
Pompeii style.
>>
>>51554957
OOOOOOOOOOOH
>>
>>51552810
What on Nirn was that?
>>
>>51542955
squatter symbols
>>
I have a hard time deciding how much of the feeling of rot and disorder in Oblivion and Skyrim was intentional storytelling and how much was just a side effect of trying to give players more bandit/goblin/conjurer lairs to murderhobo their way through.

So many ruined imperial forts, some of them in even worse condition than some ancient nord and most ayyyyylied ruins. Was that shit on purpose or more a side effect of gameplay considerations?
>>
Did the original orsimer look any different from orcs, or have they always been green apes?
>>
>>51555640
I'm so glad someone else noticed this.
In oblivion I think it was a game play consideration, but in Skyrim I'm convinced its intentional.
The physical decay in the art design is reflected everywhere in the story and themes.
Nearly every single faction in the game is in a state of serious decay. Almost all the social institutions we encounter in the game are seriously compromised from the various holds all the way up to the Empire. To say nothing of Morrowind (which holds a special significance to most older players) being utterly changed (mostly for the worst) since their time their.
This thread of decline and decay is so consistently present throughout the whole game that I'm convinced bethesda was aiming for it - its the single most consistent element of the entire game.
>>
>>51551407
Can second this anon. Having recently tried to go through Dragon Age Origins again, I found myself bored to tears after a couple of hours. Even Pillars of Eternity has better narrative and combat mechanics, and that game could be very dull.
>>
>>51554555
I thought the Chimeri-quey were rather isolated.
There's no mention of Dunmer ever trading with them.

>>51554405
>lore friendly zones like Orsinium
Orsinium's entire existence in ESO is a retcon.
>>
new thread por favor
>>
File: 1458989360186.jpg (30KB, 222x199px) Image search: [Google]
1458989360186.jpg
30KB, 222x199px
>>51556254
>Orsinium's entire existence in ESO is a retcon.
Shhhhh, no retcons, it was always just a transcription error. ESO is the most lore-friendly game, look, it even has the mananaut hat!
>>
Why were the Blades retconned to be Akaviri faction remnants instead of originally Tiber's dwemer artifact hunters?
>>
>>51554804
>Akavir is the future

I hate that one so much, i dont know what MK was on when he came up with this shit but Reddit ate it all up.
The best part is that MK didnt even say it like that, Akavir is the future of akavir, as such it doesnt matter. The entire thing is just an excuse as to why Cyrus could go to Yokuda even tho was destroyed. And redditars went with it and decided that Akavir was the future of Tamriel.

Thats how it started, then it became even more autistic "Yokuda was the past kalpa" was the first one, because they misunderstood the Walkabout, thinking that the Ra Gada sailing to Tamriel equals the Walkabout (by the same logic atmora would be the past kalpa), then they decided that Yokuda was the past DREAM which is impossible in every single way imaginable.
The only fun bit from that came with people sperging about redguards not beeing human, which at least led to some funny reactions.

>>51554936
Cathnoquey and the other islands almost all come from some forum post of maybe MK maybe someone else, aperently Quey is exporting Wasabi like crazy and the nords are all over it.

Tho i think the Velothi are not on Quey but on the Anachronisle which is an even more nonsensical place.

>>51555669
They have been green ever since Trinimac got shat out, Dung Elves be Dung Elves.

>>51555640
Gameplay came first, then came the explantions. Basically everyhting goes to hell in TES, the past is always better the future is always worse, everyhting perpetually degrades untill Alduin comes to gobble it all up.

In oblivion it was blamed on the long peace in which the forts became pointless and in Skyrim its mostly the province beeing poor due to the Big War.

>>51555836
Try divinity original sin. The story isnt anyhting to write home about but boy the combat system is probably the best of its kinda.
The sequal looks to care more about story. Lets hope it doesnt suck
>>51556254
>Retcon
so was the Warp in the West and nobody complained about that beeing bad.
>>
>>51556439
The Warp in the West wasn't really a retcon so much as it was a sort of asspull way to make the sequels work despite Daggerfall having a bunch of different possible endings
>>
>>51556439
>They have been green ever since Trinimac got shat out, Dung Elves be Dung Elves.

So pre-shittening orsimer looked different? Do we have any idea how?
>>
>>51556784
They were just aldmer afaik
They were the most autistic aldmer who when faced with the transformed turd-god Malacath decided to double down on their shit instead of just fuck off like any reasonable being would have
>>
>>51556873
>being stalwart in your beliefs if autistic now
>proto-orsimer being the most autistic in a world where dwemer exist
>>
>>51554561
>>51554614
Look at it sideways. You have to get rid of everybody who remembers he's a god. If nobody remembers, and/or if everybody forgets, or denies, then it stops.
Getting rid of the active and actual worshipers is only something that has to be done on the way to forgetting, so just a happy coincidence, from their pov
>>
>>51556892
Look where it got both of them.
>>
Making new thread
>>
Move at strange angles:
>>51557981
>>51557981
>>51557981
>>
File: Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
>>51556439
>so was the Warp in the West and nobody complained about that beeing bad
Well beyond the fact that I have seen many people complain about the Warp being a cop-out, it is not a retcon.
It's more like an excuse to not retcon anything.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.