[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 395
Thread images: 38

File: 1485297237929[1].jpg (2MB, 2881x2152px) Image search: [Google]
1485297237929[1].jpg
2MB, 2881x2152px
Moonbases Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos

Previous kalpa: >>51428068
>>
Kamal are known to hibernate and there was already at least one time their remnants resurfaced in Tamriel after the invasion.

Could there be more? Just laying somewhere hidden, frozen? Waiting?
>>
>>51444767
Before Dawnguard was released I was hoping we would've seen the Volkihar clan controlled by a kamal. Too bad we got a snow elf.
>>
>>51444767
They're a stuff of legends among the Rimmen sewer cleaners. Or they're sleeping somewhere in the middle of Skyrim.
>>
>>51444767
The relevant quote:
>The khajiit granted them asylum in the hills and steppes of northwestern Elsweyr, where they dwelt in relative seclusion until remnants of the Dir-Kamal resurfaced in Cyrodiil, seizing the Throne from Attrebus' successors. The Rimmen (literally, the "Rim Men," as the khajiit called them) joined their brothers to try to rebuild the Empire. This effort was doomed to failure, but not before the khajiit attempted to reclaim their lands in a series of bloody border wars.
(PGE1 Elsweyr)
>>
>>51444829
I've been looking for the source on the pre-Skyrim lore on Skyrim vampires (something about vampires hiding under ice), I thought it was a PGE thing but I can't find it in there. The UESP article only talks about Volkihar now.
>>
So are Khajiit the kender of TESlore?
>>
>>51444867
Yeah, the Volkihar were the clan that hid under ice and dragged people under to feast on them. IIRC I remember reading something about being localized far north of Skyrim.
>>
>>51444852
Interestingly enough, this title is evocative of Skyrim, which has been referenced as "The Rim" on occasion.

>>51444867
That's from some book about a vampire hunter from Morrowind.
>>
>>51444867
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Immortal_Blood
Strangely enough the book appears in skyrim
>>
>>51444867
>something about vampires hiding under ice
These ARE the original Volkihar.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Immortal_Blood
>>
>>51444894
Oh, huh, I guess it was from Oblivion, not Morrowind.
>>
>>51444893
>Interestingly enough, this title is evocative of Skyrim, which has been referenced as "The Rim" on occasion.

I remember reading a theory that Akavir doesn't actually exist and all the info on it is just a misunderstanding of ancient texts about Tamriel.
>>
>>51444935
I can't find the Alessian era map of Tamriel that would support the notion, but the truth might be closer to this that we might think.
>>
>>51444935
>>51444966
The Imperial invasion of Akavir kind of disproves this theory.
>>
>>51444966

Yeah and Tamriel is flat, it's all a conspiracy.
>>
>>51444935
Well, if you believe the drug coffin writings, Akavir is the future.

Nerevarine might of just fucked off into the future, and in MK's case, Jubal might've been MK's Nerevarine who killed Ur, instead of 'a' Nerevarine.
>>
>>51445000
The theory says this invasion was a myth and he actually died in Black Marsh while pacifying a Naga rebellion.

But of course, this theory is as crackpot as it gets and was originlly posted on April 1st to boot.

http://www.fullrest.ru/universes/elderscrolls/akavir-that-does-not-exist-389
>>
>>51445000
Just because you go somewhere doesn't mean it's actually a place.

>>51445017
We actually have no idea what-

Wait, uh, Tamriel is flat. Tamriel is the continent, not the planet. Unless you count the mountains.

>>51445024
No, even going into C0DA at face value Jubal isn't THE Nerevarine. In C0DA, THE Nerevarine comes back from Akavir to fight the Numidium at Landfall, giving the Dunmer enough time to escape, but ultimately fails.
>>
File: dZmnWIr.jpg (487KB, 1315x695px) Image search: [Google]
dZmnWIr.jpg
487KB, 1315x695px
>>51445017
>>
File: 1378436709623.gif (1MB, 139x104px) Image search: [Google]
1378436709623.gif
1MB, 139x104px
>can travel to the fucking moon
>don't know if a certain continent exists
>>
File: image.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>51445200
Yup.
>>
>>51445182
What am I even looking at
jesus christ
>>
File: nirn spacetime.png (493KB, 1457x539px) Image search: [Google]
nirn spacetime.png
493KB, 1457x539px
>>51445182
>>
>>51445261
>meanwhile at CERN MK describes what variables are needed to accurately simulate Nirn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JYkMhQ9gf8
>>
>>51445261
>>51445182
>hey magnus can you come up with a plan to make reality
>he does this and fucks off

ruseman
>>
>>51445286
Omg did we die?
>>
>>51445304
well, if you take into consideration that spacetime goes on for ages the further south you sail, it could converge to a sort of 'edge of infinity' where nirn literally becomes where the spokes meet. then, if you consider the moebius strip posted, and fractalize it for the concurrent landmasses like lyg and akavir, you get this wobbly wheel structure that exists outside of time but each version adheres to time.
>>
>The Akaviri army was caught at Stonefalls between the Nords and a Dunmer legion led by Almalexia, but the outcome of the great battle hung in the balance—until a surprise intervention from a phalanx of Argonian shellbacks, led by a trio of reptilian battlemages.
>Argonian shellbacks
Playable turtle argonians when?
>>
>>51445421
Same day we get playable wizard lord kittens.
>>
File: Mito Kappa, 1836.jpg (90KB, 671x887px) Image search: [Google]
Mito Kappa, 1836.jpg
90KB, 671x887px
>>51445421
A kappa is fine too
>>
>>51445421
ESO argonians are turtles
>>
So what regions should the next game be in?
>>
>>51445833
Hammerfell
Elsweyr
>>
>>51445833
Mainland Morrowind + northern Black Marsh and Cyrodiil again that has been turned into a jungle again because Sheoro of Kvatch memes
>>
>>51445833
Black Marsh. Want more lizards.
>>
>>51445833
It doesn't really matter.

>>51445924
This will happen with Tamriel Rebuilt and Project: Cyrodiil before Bethesda tries anything similar and it will be better than what Bethesda would ever do.
>>
>tfw replaying Morrowind
I think what the later games are missing that Morrowind had isn't even necessarily the interesting lore, it's the quest-relevant NPCs being amusing and memorable.
>>
>>51446014
Nah, it's definitely the interesting lore. Though you have a point too. In a morrowind-esque Oblivion, that alchemist lady with the necrophilia fetish would have been incredibly relevant in the main quest.

Morrowind was unique.

Skyrim and Oblivion were just more european fantasy land.
>>
File: 1443647668840.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443647668840.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>51446014
Voice acting with such a small cast killed the characters in Oblivion and Skyrim. In Morrowind on the other hand, if you could tolerate reading, every character sounded unique (I wish there were more options for face and hair in the vanilla tho, but I can't complain).
>>
>>51446092
Yeah, Oblivion at least had some fun random people (Falanu Hlaalu, Glarthir, that Fighters Guild guy who did the shitty painting, etc) but none of them were used for the main quest. And Skyrim didn't even have good random NPCs unless you're counting the ones whose repetetive greeting phrases became minor memes.

I think that Cameron/Dagon and Alduin could easily have made for plots as unique and cool as Morrowind's, but they just weren't presented in ways that made them seem interesting.
>>
>>51445833
Elsewyr is the environment Bethesda would have the least trouble reproducing and as such the least chance of fucking up.

If they made valenwood, then the colossal moving trees on which cities are built would turn into an interpretation mistake or some shit and just become regular trees with huts near them somewhere.

Black Marsh would require the entire concept of the region(only argonians and other monstrosities survive the poisonous gas) to be retconned.

The only thing they can fuck up in Elsewyr is ignoring some variations of Khaijit.
>>
>>51446210
The main plot of Oblivion is actually really cool, but it's as you said, lacking slightly in presentation.

Dagon is probably the best villain in the series, all things considered, better than Ur even.
>>
>>51446210
Camoran got into some pretty trippy stuff if you read the books, but reading the books had zero relevance outside of that one quest where you had to get the code from them.

I think Dragonborn was a nice return to some of the trippier lore. Herma Mora's domain was well done.
>>
>>51446237
Or, they could do Hammerfell and use swordsinging as the new thu'um gimmick.
>>
>>51446139
>Old Elf, not so good speak.
>I'm a lovable rogue, a silver-tongued devil with a taste for the better things in life.

Morrowind had some great dialogue but man, shit like the wiki style conversation system could really fuck things up
>>
What if Beth will just go back to the Morrowind-esque weirdness now that they've made a bunch of money off of Oblivion and Skyrim and firmly established TES as a mainstream franchise
What if TESVI will just be a Daggerfall/Redguard/Battlespire/Morrowind renaissance for the series
What if, boys
>>
>>51446281
It would be painful to me for them to reduce sword singing to "press z to dash forward real quick!"
>>
>>51446260
Mankar's metaphysics do come into play a little more when you get to Paradise, but understanding them is never really important to proceeding in the plot, sadly.

And in Skyrim you talk about kalpas with a dragon on top of a Tower, so it's not so bad.
>>
>>51446281
also works. One issue with Elsewyr is that I doubt they want to have a game where most of the NPCs are Khaijit(TOO WEIRD RIGHT), so I guess Hammerfell would be more welcoming.
>>
>>51446139
There's nothing inherently wrong with voice acting, as long as you adapt by having good character writing and voice actors. Though it's going to require a bit of a change in the way they approach characters.
See Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for a good example of how you can have voice acting and end up with memorable characters.

>>51446237
>The only thing they can fuck up in Elsewyr is ignoring some variations of Khaijit.
They're going to fuck up a whole lot more than that.
>>
>>51446323
My issue with voice acting is that it's incredibly expensive to do well for the type of games we're talking about. So far we've ended up with less dialog, of a lesser quality, with voice acting, because of that expense.
>>
>>51446299
I figured they would utilize a sort of 'construct your weapon' gimmick with swordsinging, like weapon customization in fallout 4, or even work in tandem with the weapon you're already using. Basically like an OP way to buff your weapon, and eventually, not even need a weapon.
>>
Only kind of lore related, but what house would a loyal imperial in the imperial legion join? Hlaalu seems like the obvious choice, but I like the idea of an imperial soldier joining Redoran as a gesture of good faith or something.
>>
Anyone seen any of this guy's videos? Basically him giving a rundown on how the last four games could've been improved, a lot of it focusing on the lore aspect.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9qQ3PJcmlrfRTor4KZZsPcmUS8-eJzRd

>>51446294
>firmly established TES as a mainstream franchise
There's your answer
>>
>>51446358
most of the time I just skip dialogue anyway because I read the subtitles way faster than the VA speaks, and I've yet to see a VA that can motivate me not to just skip it.
>>
>>51446374
Either of those two would be the only realistic answer. Assuming this is late 3E Vvardenfell.
>>
>>51446381
gonna be painful to watch with that smug guy in a suit talking on my face, but I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>51446381
Don't tell me it's Zaric
>it's him
Jesus, I like some of his shit but he's such an awkward pompous twat goddamnit
>>
Khajiit seem to have interesting views on thievery. It almost seems acceptable in their society, so long as you accomplish it in a skilled way on an impressive target.
>>
>>51446406
>>51446421
I found him a few days ago lol. His videos are quite interesting desu
>>
>>51446358
>less dialog, of a lesser quality, with voice acting
Holy fuck I tried a bit of Dawnguard for the first time in ages the other day and that dialogue with Serana when you first meet her
It's just horrendous, like legit fucking terrible
Beyond awful, absolutely dogshit
>>
>>51446421
Exactly my thoughts. He knows his shit but I can't stop fucking cringing.
>>
Are all argonians supposed to be hist puppets to some degree?
>>
>>51446668
yes
>>
>>51446668
If they were exposed to the hist at birth, they are. And culturally speaking, even one free of the subtle mind control might feel pressured to obey.
>>
>>51446299
Neat lore concepts almost always seem underwhelming when they appear in the games themselves
In all fairness to Beth, shit like using a sword to split an atom is hard to portray satisfyingly in a video game, but it is too bad that the best lore is inherently stuff that wouldn't work as a game mechanic because no engine could make it look as impressive as it should be
>>
>>51446776
thats why swordsinging would turn into a pseudo-prototype mechanic that goes beyond just using swords

>the pc is so good at sword singing that he is able to fly around
>you see those islands? you can fly to them!
>>
>>51446453
Kind of, though it's important to note that the most revered Khajiiti thief (revered to the point where he's a god) is known for having stolen from someone who is both in a position of power and non-Khajiit. Likewise the god of banditry is mainly worshipped for his application of cunning against non-Khajiit on behalf of the downtrodden Khajiit.

I'm saying this because some people seem to be of the idea that because Khajiit worship gods of thievery and banditry, they're okay with everyone stealing from everyone, which doesn't seem to be the case. These gods, who are in addition fairly obscure, represent the triumph of the cunning over the strong or powerful, as well as triumph over some menacing "other".
Even the Renrijra Krin, which I have some problems with as a source, named their manifesto after their principle of "justly" taking/stealing, which sort of implies that doing the opposite would be unjust.

It's also important to note that every race has some sort of clever-man tradition, which for the Khajiit seems to be tied to cunning, and likely to ideals such as religious secrecy. Obscuring the truth has a very special meaning for the Khajiit.
So you end up with idealised thieves that both represent some suppressed popular ideals, as well as something that ties into their cultural ideals.

But again, the thieves the Khajiit revere aren't common bandits that pray on common folk. It's like the gangster romanticism of the Great Depression, just mixed with religion
>>
>>51446801
Sailing boats in real time would be a cool addition for an Elder Scrolls game.
>>
>>51447218
we need more boats in general

I love old boats and ships and it's hard to explain
>>
>>51447218
The idea sounds alright, but the execution would undoubtedly be poor.
>>
File: Trafalgar-Auguste_Mayer.jpg (134KB, 1400x897px) Image search: [Google]
Trafalgar-Auguste_Mayer.jpg
134KB, 1400x897px
>>51447256

There's nothing wrong with that, anon. It's perfectly natural.
>>
>>51447280
You summed up Bethesda games in a sentence.
>>
>>51447218
There is a mod for that.
>>
Birdmen of the heartlands that precede any mer emigration to Tamriel and the Ayleid being bird-boos
What's the connection, tegesugu?
>>
>>51447562
I am aware. I just think that having it as a main part of the game could be interesting. Sailing from island to island, exploring the coastlines, etc.
>>
>>51447750
Ayy lmaos displaced birdmen and appropriated their culture.
>>
>>51446139
>In Morrowind on the other hand, if you could tolerate reading, every character sounded unique
Don't kid yourself, most of Morrowind's dialogue was just the same copy pasted spiel everyone else gives.
I also agree that having voiced dialogue is a massive crutch when it comes to developing thorough characters (especially for modders).
But Morrowind failed to take advantage of what are the clear perks of not having to record and pay for everything you fucking write.
>>
>>51447829
Have you not seen the noses on Imperials?
Clearly they were the proto-Imperials that after centuries of elf-rape lost their feathercoats and came to resemble mer more
>>
>>51447877
Morrowind's townsfolk were copy/pasted nobodies, but the main quest NPCs were all good and that matters more to the game as a whole, I think.
>>
>>51446139
>Solstheim
>>
>>51448001
A terrible place.
>>
>>51448001
HAVE YOU HEARD?
>>
Only tangentially related, I suppose, but

I had the idea that an immersive method to interacting NPCs would be to require certain phrases and parts of speech that have contextual meaning, ie greeting a priest with a temple saying, things like that

Then it struck me; imagine using a microphone and actually speaking to the NPC, and having them respond? In some sort of stock responses, sure, but I think it'd be wild.
>>
>>51448034
Someone made a mod where you can control Skyrim with your voice.
>>
>>51448048
dude fus lmao

reminds of of In Verbis Virtus
>>
So rather than get into the civil war, here's a topic close to it:

Was Raggvar or whatever justified in letting Ulfric leave solitude after slaying the High King?
>>
>>51449056
I mean he just saw/heard about Ulfric shouting the king to death. Would you stand in a dudes way knowing that they might be able to shout you to death, too?

Ragvar is just the scapegoat for the ineptitude of the palace guards. They were all probably drunk.
>>
>>51449114
But is Ragvar's interpretation of the law/ethics of the situation correct? He states at his execution that Ulfric killed the king in fair combat, and therefore there was no crime.
>>
>>51449151
Depends on if he really did challenge the high king and the high king voluntarily accepted without being forced, and if Skyrim still considers it acceptable to duel for the throne
>>
>>51449151
Probably, considering Nordic armies used to be able to shout. Shouting wasn't uncommon in old Skyrim, so maybe he is referencing some ancient Nord law about fair combat.
>>
>>51449151
Obviously it wasn't (((fair))) when one of them was trained in the voice and used it after he had basically already lost as a clutch

It's like I agreed to fight someone in a fist fight, got my shit kicked in and then pulled out a gun and shot the other guy
>>
>>51449056
A common soldier like Roggvir has zero right to deny Ulfric, a fucking Jarl, for any reason unless he was ordered by his superiors to stop Ulfric.
>>
>>51449268
More like you took a gun to a retirement home.
>>
>>51449056
he was fucked the moment he decided to go to work that day.

>let him out
>beheadded
>don't let him out
>while Ulfric awaits trial, he's assassinated by someone allied to Ulfric
>>
>>51449269
Not how structure works. Ulfric is the jarl of a different hold and has no authority to give orders to the gatekeeper of another hold. He has to give him the respect he deserves but isn't under obligation to take security orders from him without leave if his own jarl.
>>
>>51449747
But isn't Ulfric descended from Ysgramor or some shit?
>>
>>51449747
That wasn't a problem of orders, that was a problem of authority.
Doesn't matter where he is, a Jarl is a Jarl and a diplomat is a diplomat. You don't have to obey the one that isn't yours, but you for damn sure aren't gonna boss around the others.
>>
>>51449778
So are probably tens of thousands of other people, he lives ages ago. A third of the planet is descended from ghengis khan.
>>
>>51449778
Not that I know of, but it's been a few months since I've played Skyrim.
>>
>>51449785
>Not opening the gate = bossing around
>>
Why is the empire only just now executing ragvar anyways? Canonically this happens after Ulric was captured and then escaped in Helgen.

Could the execution have been done out of spite for the misfortunate turn of events?
>>
>>51449804
Why wouldn't he open the gate.
Did anyone tell him not to? No way, everyone told us they had no idea what was going on and everyone was confused.
But a Jarl just asked him to open the gate.
Did he have standing orders to not open the gate for Ulfric? Apparently not since he let Ulfric in.
So what is he gonna do, deny a fuckingJarl because "oh hey some shit is going down over there" or just do his job he's probably been doing all shift?
>>
The Rogvir situation seems like it was some serious 'muh honor' type deal that backfired for Rogvir even though he was within rights of Nord culture.

>>51449828
They probably kept him in jail to await his trial, and after that, we see the end result. So probably quite some time would've passed between Ulfric killing the king and Ulfric being captured.
>>
>>51449843
The argument he's innocent is a "muh honor" situation.
The fact his punishment is execution is scapegoating.
>>
>>51445173
>just because you can go somewhere doesn't mean it's a place
TES lore epitomized
>>
>>51446668
How are they puppets?
>>
>>51450032
They suck hist sap and the hist mind control them
>>
>>51450046

Explain Lifts-Her-Tail.
>>
>>51450213
>Lifts-Her-Tail
Fictional character
Some scalie fuck's waifu
>>
>>51450046
>the hist mind control them
The only time I heard about that ever happening was when that one tree went batshit.
>>
>>51446139
>>51446139
>if you could tolerate reading, every character sounded unique
Why would you lie so blatantly? Morrowind had like 20 characters with memorable dialogue, everyone else was copypasted, even many significant characters.
>>
>>51450384
First of all, I think you're misunderstanding his claim. He's saying you can imagine the dialogue in any voice you want, which can't be replicated when it's voiced.

Second of all,
>20 characters with memorable dialogue

Fucking n'wah.
>>
>>51450400
I don't think so...?

Anyway, I think the whole voice acting conversation is kind of dumb. In total, Skyrim has more written dialogue than Morrowind, even with voice acting. Modern Bethesda could definetely make a fully-voiced game with as much dialogue as Morrowind. the presence of voice acting isn't holding them back, the wirting is.
>>
>>51450468
When it's the same 3 voice actors repeating the same lines which are used across multiple races, it is holding them back.
>>
Is it possible to wake up the godhead? What is outside of it?
>>
>>51451787
don't take the concept of a godhead too literally.
>>
>>51451787
>What is outside of it?
The dream the godhead originated in, presumably
>>
>>51450494
Maybe they should hire people with a good vocal range like Phil LaMarr or Tara Strong.
>>
>>51451864
>The dream the godhead originated in
And outside of it?
>>
>>51451878
The devs' minds
>>
>>51451878
It doesn't really work like that (as I understand it anyway, I'm probably wrong though). The way I understood it is that the current dreamer became the dreamer and reshaped the dream to his liking (sorta). This world exists in that dream. If someone in this universe should ever become Amaranth they will take over as the dreamer to start a new dream, but it's not pocket dreams all the way down.
>>
>>51452004
Amaranth is mantling the dreamer I think, so yes, this
>>
>>51451787
>What is outside of it?
Godhead is the Absolute
There's nothing beyond it, it's the ground of existence, infinite and transcendent
>>
>>51452004
>>51452014
>>51452018
Any books and dialogues about this?
>>
>>51452057
I'm not sure the existence of godhead is really attested anywhere in any official capacity, but if you assume TES cosmology is largely based on vedic and hindu tradition you can assume the beyond Anu and Padomay (Vishnu and Shiva I guess), you can safely assume there's also Brahman beyond them
>>
>>51452154
One of the Black Books in the Dragonborn DLC mentions it
>>
File: 1485237138483.jpg (100KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1485237138483.jpg
100KB, 1024x687px
This may be a hackneyed topic but what I want to see from ESVI
>stats & birthsigns
>boat travel
>actual quest journal
>non-leveled creatures
>spears & throwing
>mysticism
>bigger cities & more npcs
>things improving for the dunmer
>a main quest that actually feels important (the gravity of becoming the Nerevarine vs killing Alduin with a couple fireballs)
>more books
>cool Khajiit lore

>>51452014
>>51452014
Isn't Anu the only one to achieve this, after the death of Nirn?
>>
>>51452510
According to non-canon sources, there were previous godheads and Anu is the most recent.
>>
>>51452537
is there perhaps a link to this source
>>
>>51452565
I don't have them handy, sorry. I recall them being discussed on the beth forums (I think it can be found on the imperial library). They only briefly touch on the fact that there were previous godheads, like a sentence or two.
>>
>>51452537
Yeah, Anu has been stated to come from someone else's dream, so someone must've achieved Amaranth before him. Although something in obscure out of game lore references an original dreamer if I remember right. I wonder where that guy came from.
>>
File: 800px-MW-concept-15.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
800px-MW-concept-15.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
Tell me about the dreughs. How intelligent are they? Do they still worship molag bal?
>>
From what I understood, Amarant "exits" the current Dream (Anu "hiding in the Sun") and hallucinates a new one because of total sensory deprivation.
>>
File: fiction_rule_of_thumb[1].png (17KB, 466x281px) Image search: [Google]
fiction_rule_of_thumb[1].png
17KB, 466x281px
>play through spectreverse
>come to the book pantheon of the mange ge
>think it's just some dumb shit the author made up
>nope, it's official kirkbride.

This mod, and the lore it was exploring seemed alright until I started reading the book. Now slogging through the made up words, pointless, humorless turns of phrases, etc, is killing my desire to care.
>>
File: Abyssal Cephaliarch.jpg (80KB, 1024x542px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssal Cephaliarch.jpg
80KB, 1024x542px
I had an idea about Hermaeus Mora becoming concerned with obtaining all the known knowledge of Tamriel by replicating himself as a concept (a sort of memetic infection). This is done by turning the average person into something like an illithid, transforming their brain into something that can hold and handle the concept of I AM AND ALL ARE ME and as well give it the appendages to perform the same transformation to others - while also consuming all the knowledge in their mind. Not a hive mind, per se, but the spread of Hermaeus Mora as an abstraction that absorbs your personality, memories, everything.
>>
>>51452968
Literally Sharmat.
>>
Alright.

Alessia, Reman Cyrodil and Tiber Septim get in a fight. Who comes out on top?

Hard Mode: Not Vivec.
>>
>>51453301
Which Tiber Septim? Wulfhart could probably beat Reman.
>>
File: tes lore.png (379KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
tes lore.png
379KB, 1078x729px
>>51453315
>>51453301
Why does Lorkhan/talos/Shor betray himself so many times, as the Underking and the (not underking) Zurin Arcturus? Is there an easy way to comprehend all the underking silliness?

1. Wulfharth L
2. Hjalti O
3. Ysmir R
4. Talos K
5. Arctus H
6. Septim A
N

Also who is N?
>>
>>51453542
Nedhelas
>>
>>51452510
I think stats should be like this.
>strength
Boosts melee damage. Low strength, low damage. Lets you draw stronger bows and throw shit harder.
>agility
None of that chance to hit (one thing I liked about Skyrim). Improves melee attack speed. Low agility means you hit as slowly as a horker. Also maybe stamina cost for power attacks or something.
>endurance
Affects your health, but cut out the BS of it not being retroactive. However make it really important in determining HP, level should be less of a factor.
>speed
Walkin and running speed.
>willpower
None of that chance to cast BS. Decrease magicka cost and increases magicka regen.
>intelligence
Magicka pool and magicka regen.
>luck
Affects everything.

Give orcs their magic resist back. Buff Bosmer and Imperials too.
>>
File: Oblivion2010-01-0815-28-32-18.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion2010-01-0815-28-32-18.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>51446291
> shit like the wiki style conversation system could really fuck things up
This.

>___ is my name and what I do is none of your business
>"what is your trade?"
>I'm an assassin and I kill people for a living. I favor short blades and poisons...
>>
>>51453591
I have this problem where I take luck on everything because there's always that one time where I'm at 2 health in the middle of nowhere with no spells or potions and I just gotta rely on sheer luck to dodge the next 5 attacks and hit my next 5 or else it's over
Nothing gets my heart pumping like mechanically outplaying the enemy on pure /skill/ and having to take a breather from what just happened
>>
>>51453591
>None of that chance to hit
Only absolute plebs dislike Morrowind combat system.
>>
>>51453799
Dice-roll combat is a FEATURE
>>
>>51453816
Just like Unarmored not working unless you are wearing a piece of armour.

And pure mage being as viable as having a 6 shot BB gun that you can only reload when there's no one around.

or Atronach being the most balls to the wall broken Birthsign (admittedly in Skyrim it's pretty OP too)

>>51453799
It wasn't bad, but it just felt like a cheap way to make it necessary.

Oh and also let Obsidian write the story for TES6. Bethesda will fuck up the lore I bet.
>>
>>51453945
>Obsidian
No.
I feel like I know why you'd want them to and I would agree with you, but there is very little talent left there.
They should just force good writers to work for them, disregarding company allegiance.
>>
>>51453945
Nu-Obsidian is a meme. NV included.
>>
Sure is lore in here.
>>
>>51453945
>dice roll combat is so outdated like even for a 2003 game wtf guys
>anyway later guys. i gotta go update my pledge for obsidian's new turn-based isomeric party-RPG
>>
>>51454598
I blame /tesg/.
>>
>>51454672
>dice roll combat is so outdated like even for a 2003 game wtf guys
Didn't say that, I said it felt like a cheap way to make agility and maxing skills necessary.
>anyway later guys. i gotta go update my pledge for obsidian's new turn-based isomeric party-RPG
I said Obsidian was good writers, not necessarily good game makers.

Can't even quote someone properly, literally kill yourself.
>>
File: The_Art_of_Morrowind_1.jpg (128KB, 539x760px) Image search: [Google]
The_Art_of_Morrowind_1.jpg
128KB, 539x760px
>>
File: eef.png (278KB, 640x715px) Image search: [Google]
eef.png
278KB, 640x715px
>>51453542
>>
>>51453542
>1. Wulfharth L
>2. Hjalti O
>3. Ysmir R
>4. Talos K
>5. Arctus H
>6. Septim A
>N
What the fuck do those letters have to do with the names?
>>
>>51454436
NV was good though

>>51455677
this general is going down the drain
>>
>>51455762
You're not helping by engaging in squabbles over the quality of Obsidian games.
>>
>>51455762
>NV was good though
>this general is going down the drain
It really is
>>
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/magne-ge-pantheon

Discuss, explain.
>>
>>51455755
Nothing.
>>
>>51455755
Protonymics
Wulfharth(neonymic) Larry(protonymic)
Hjalti(n) Otto(p)
Ysmir Raoul
Talos Kelly
Arctus Hank
Septim Arnold
--- Norbert (subtle nod to Eddie Murphy, Beth are big fans)
>>
>>51453634
That sucks, yeah
>>
>>51455379
where can one find the entire book?
>>
>>51456921
>>
>>51444868
Yes. Once you realize this and realize the horrible things done by Argonians, you will realize the Dunmer did nothing wrong.
>>
>>51452004
>>51452014
It's commonly understood as a new dream altogether.

>>51452648
Yup.

>>51452908
It's real world occultism, dude, so blame the real world.

>>51453542
N is New Man AKA Jubal's kid AKA Amaranth.

>>51455755
Lorkhan, can't you read?

>>51456419
See above.
>>
>>51456419
>tfw i lost all my notes on the magne ge pantheon in the last great desktop purge
It's on my to-do list of topics I intend to research and loredump about.

In short it's a list of the greater Magne Ge spirits following a great and traumatic event known as the Breaking. The Breaking came about after the War of C and M and the following Y Blur.
They're deeply tied to Birthsigns in a way I can't fully formulate yet, and some of the spirits in some ways correspond to more known Aedric spirits.
Some of the Blend Signs have very obvious connections, like Caker King and Daubella.

The concept of synthesia and the admixture of everything (like colour and sound) which MK has touched upon in some other posts is pretty important for it all. I'd recommend reading his words about Meridia and Kyne.

It has a lot to do with real world occultism, astrology and colour theory (particularly CMYK), by the looks of it.
>>
A question about souls.
The way souls are presented in game makes it seem like they exist in distinct, homogeneous tiers.
But at the same time I think I recall material in game which implied that there was much more granularity in how powerful different creatures, or even individuals souls could be.
Which one is it?
>>
>>51457222
The latter.
>>
>>51456986
thanks!
>>
>>51453945
I never understood why morrowind fanboys felt the need to defend every aspect of the game.

You can like a game when it's great and also realize when if's shit. And you have to be pretty blind to not see when morrowind is shit.
>>
>>51457898
Because complaining about diceroll combat is like complaining you have to aim in call of duty.
If you don't like fundamental design aspects of a game that's fine, you do you, but that doesn't make it a flaw.
>>
>>51456986
>those guar and alit concepts
>>
>>51457944

>>51457944
It is a flaw, though. Diceroll combat doesn't fit with the Elder Scrolls style if gameplay. The reason dice rolls work in traditional rpgs if because the action takes place in your imagination. When you literally see your character hit something with a sword and the game tells you that you missed, it's bad game design.

Also, this is more subjective, but how is Morrowind's combat fun in any way? You just flail at an enemy repeatedly until you hit it.
>>
>>51458045
>Diceroll combat doesn't fit with the Elder Scrolls style if gameplay.
I don't have a reaction image for this, maybe someone else can help me out.
>>
>>51458045
What if the game is isometric? Then diceroll combat is okay?

>Also, this is more subjective, but how is Morrowind's combat fun in any way? You just flail at an enemy repeatedly until you hit it.
This describes every TES game.
>>
>>51458066
I'm sorry that you have no argument.
>>
>>51458086
The merit of your argument doesn't depend on his lack of one. You do not succeed by default.
>>
>>51458086
I don't need one.
Arena and daggerfall were also diceroll. And then so was morrowind.
Saying diceroll combat isn't elder scrolls gameplay is simply a lie.
>>
>>51457963
The shalk were kind of different too.
>>
lore
>>
>>51458074
>What if the game is isometric? Then diceroll combat is okay?
Isometric games leave more to the imagination, and you don't control your character as directly. It's easier to suspend your disbelief

>This describes every TES game
Oblivion and Skyrim have only slightly better combat, but that doesn't mean Morrowind's is somehow good.

>>51458109
Just because it had precedent doesn't mean it was good.
>>
>>51458230
>Just because it had precedent doesn't mean it was good.
Which leads me back to my earlier point "just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was bad".
>>
>>>/vg/tesg/
>>
Tell me about the Thalmor

Whats their end game?

Whats their motivations?

Are these reasons justified?

What they think of other mer?

How much power do they have?
>>
>>51458248
I've said why I think it's bad. Why do you think it's good?
>>
>>51458381
You haven't said why it's bad.
You've told us what diceroll combat is and then tried to use it as a claim why it's bad.
Well I'm here telling you that's why it's good.
>>
>>51458365
Retcon reality so that they never got stuck on Mundus as banana-men, but remained pure Ehlnofey master race god-spirits

Sounds pretty justified to me, others are of course equally justified in opposing it
>>
File: No you idiot the other Dominion.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
No you idiot the other Dominion.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>51458365
The Thalmor are the political officers of the Dominion. Think of them like the SS.
>>
>>51458469
More like a faction and organization within the Dominion, think of them like the CIA
>>
>>51458503
/the ruling political party.
>>
>>51453945
>And pure mage being as viable as having a 6 shot BB gun that you can only reload when there's no one around
Is this b8?
>>
>>51458412
Try reading through my previous posts, if it isn't too much work. And after you finish, tell me why Morrowind's combat is good.
>>
>>51458597
Whether it's good or bad is an opinion. Also, it doesn't matter. Also, these are threads about lore.
>>
Can the two of you just get a chatroom or something?
>>
>>51458445
>Retcon reality so that they never got stuck on Mundus as banana-men
How?
>>
>>51458615
So you don't think it's good and you don't care but you've still spent all this time arguing with me? Just admit it dude, you can't stand the idea that your favorite game might have flaws.

>>51458693
It's okay, I'm done.
>>
>>51458709
Destroy Talos and destroy Mundus.
>>
>>51458748
I'm not the person you've been talking to.
>>
>>51453542
>Neravarine
>>
>>51458860
N(o)
>>
>>51458860
NO
>>
File: DF-ending-Numidium.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DF-ending-Numidium.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>>51458907
>>
>>51453542
>3. Ysmir R
>4. Talos K
>5. Arctus H

>Ysmir
>talOs
>arctUs

>(You)
>>
>>51458751
Explain
>>
>>51459042
>To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

>To achieve this goal, we must:

>1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

>2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

>3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.
>>
>>51457944
The flaw is having both dice roll and aim based combat.

I'm fine with dice rolls in pokemon. I'm not fine with dice rolls in call of duty.
>>
>>51459086
So...

There is something that I dont understand, humans are Lorkhan's children, right? That's why killing them ends the cycle?

BUT, aren't humana descendants of ehlnofeys just like elves?

And what Talos has to do with this?

Also, sauce?
>>
>>51459184
It's more of a poetic term than actual lineage. Yes, both cultures are descended from the same spirits.

Talos took the place of Shezarr (Lorkhan), who has been missing since Convention. Lorkhan being the Doom Drum.

It's from a dev post.
>>
>>51459184
Not that anon and by no means an expert but as I understand it the beliefs and thoughts of mortals shape reality the same as reality shapes them
So it's the worship and belief in Talos and by that proxy in Lorkhan that reinforces the constraints of the physical realm

You unmake the believers > you unmake the God > you unmake the physical world > you return to the place where there's just pure spirit and everybody is a godly et'Ada

Or something like that
>>
>>51459184
Their plan won't work and it's all propaganda to explain away why they're allowed to be cocknozzles to everyone else. If they knew the Khajiit's real purpose, they'd write up fancy nonsense plans to eradicate them too.
>>
>>51459222
>Talos took the place of Shezarr (Lorkhan)
How? Just because he is human/limited?

>It's from a dev post.
So not canon (yet)

>>51459228
I got it, but the world always ends and everyone dies, thus beggining the next kalpa, how is it different?

>>51459278
>Khajiit's real purpose
What?
>>
>>51459334
>the world always ends and everyone dies, thus beggining the next kalpa, how is it different?
Supposedly that's only within the cycle where the whole Aka-whatever dragon has been broken, where time has a beginning (Auri-el), a body (Akatosh) and an end (Alduin)
It the world before Mundus time didn't flow linearly, there would be no end
>>
>>51459334
Talos took the place of Lorkhan through a very complicated series of memetic rituals. That's like, half of the Walking Ways.

>So not canon (yet)
Well, it doesn't really matter. We're here talking about it right now, aren't we?

>but the world always ends and everyone dies
No, this would have nothing to do with the kalpa cycle. It would be a total destruction superseding the cycle of kalpas.
>>
>>51456986
Higher resolution:
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-45-14996
>>
>>51459405
thanks as well
>>
>>51459334
The Khajiit are the emergency backup tower.
>>
Since learning more about TES lore I now look for references to metaphysical concepts in every dumb little thing in the games and I can't tell if this is enhancing my gaming experience or not
>>
>>51459587
That's just amazing.
>>
>>51459587
please explain
>>
>>51446210
>>51446251
I think what may have happened was more a cultural shortfall of the mid 2000's than anything else. Look at superhero movies, they were all tryhard when it came to separating the bombastic nature of comics in exchange for more realistic portrayals. Like the x-men not being in colorful costumes, but black leather tacticool. I think that may bled into TES dev team, if only just a tiny bit, either from marketing boys, or a fear that it really is what people prefer. But again, as my boy in the winterhold library says on the matter of these discussions:
>It's mostly lies levied with rumor and conjecture
So take from this what you will, I think the timing is interesting.
>>
>>51447327
To be, most games now seem to have this problem.
>>
>>51450046
>calling argonians back to black marsh one time to address the oblivion crisis
>the same as all or most argonians being under their control all the time
LIES LEVIED WITH RUMOR AND CONJECTURE
>>
>Khajiit are notorious skooma fiends
>Argonian culture and lives revolve entirely around getting fucked up on Hist sap
Wtf beth?
>>
>>51459874
Get back to your pen.
>>
Does Talos exist beyond the kalpas?
>>
>>51459950
He would exist in the next one, if there was going to be a next one, according to Nordic belief.
>>
>>51458365
>Tell me about the Thalmor
Altmer-first group whose leaders want to cleanse reality of mankind, but their rank and file just want revenge for Tiber butt-fucking the Isles with numidium.
>Whats their end game?
A world without mankind, and a return to their spirit-divinity, I believe, but again, that's their cabal at the top.
>Whats their motivations?
See above
>Are these reasons justified?
I think for the average member yes, Tiber "War Crimes" Septim was a dick. Otherwise no.
>What they think of other mer?
>Dunmer a shit, but at least they aren't man.
>Bosmer a shit, but at least they make good bows and aren't man
>Khajiit a shit but at least they make good desserts and aren't man
>Orsimer a shit
>How much power do they have?
In sheer numbers? Not a ton, Altmer don't reproduce very well, so they'll be recovering from the Great War for a while longer.
In general, probably close or equal to the empire circa skyrim.
>>
>>51459874
And it doesn't even seem like mind control to me, just asking, "Yo, come back please, shit's gonna go down soon," since so many Argonians decided to just stay where they were.
>>
>>51459950
And Vivec, does he exist beyond the kalpa?
>>
>>51459950
I think in every kalpa Lorkhan is the "missing divine" and people worship various stand-ins (Shezarr, Shor, Ysmir, Talos, etc. in this current kalpa) for Lorkhan

Not sure if Talos specifically appears in all of them
>>
>>51460064
We don't know. It's possible.

>>51460066
If you go by Shor, son of Shor, it seems to be implying that someone will become the Shor of this kalpa, who will be the Shor of the next kalpa that gives way to another Shor, and so on.
>>
>>51459587

Read The words of clanmother ahnissi.

>And Fadomai said, "The Khajiit must be the best climbers, for if Masser and Secunda fail, they must climb Khenarthi's breath to set the moons back in their courses."
>>
>>51460305

Meant for:>>51459683
>>
This kalpa will never end

Thank you, Dohvakiin
>>
>>51460341
What did the Dohvakin do?
>>
>>51458558
Pure mage as in:
>No weapon skills as major or minor (can use a weapon as backup though)
>No armour
>Use magic as primary means of attack

Go, show a playthrough from level 1 with no mods of someone doing that and tell us how fun it'll be early on.
>>
>>51460238

We know. All of ALMSIVI can enter the dreamsleeve, and that' how the Hist and Redguard survived the last kalpa.
>>
>>51460005
>Orsimer a shit, but at least they make good meat shields
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>51460422
I did it. Was pretty easy. Vanilla skyrim has the impact perk, which makes any encounter trivial. You're also still allowed to sneak, so there's no risk anyways.
>>
So if Talos is from the previous kalpa does that mean that Nords were also transplanted from the previous kalpa, just like the Redguards, Hist and Dreughs?
>>
>>51460464
I meant in Morrowind, you fucking tard. Why else do you think it was with all the other stuff that was Morrowind exclusive and was a reply to someone saying Dice-Roll combat (which isn't in Skyrim)?
>>
>>51460493
Oh, sorry, I assumed you meant skyrim and didn't bother checking the the replies to verify that.

Because if you think pure magic isn't viable in vanillia unmodded and therefore unpatched morrowind, you are retarded.
>>
>>51460397
He cured Alduin from his Bulimia
>>
>>51460533
The antagonist of skyrim wasn't actually alduin though. It was an imposter necromancer dragon.
>>
>>51460512
>Because if you think pure magic isn't viable in vanillia unmodded
then show us the playthrough you fucking ass.
>therefore unpatched morrowind, you are retarded.
Right so you got to abuse an engine bug to make it viable. Nice.

Unarmed in Skyrim can be fucking OP as shit too if you Fortify Resto loop to boost enchanting. Using only iron daggers and running around with only a pair of shoes on is OP if you Fortify Resto loop to amp up smithing and enchanting to make a retardedly strong pair of boots.

Bet you think glitches to get Mewtwo early on in Pokemon means Pokemon is super eZ.
>>
>>51460555
>It was an imposter necromancer dragon.
gonna need some source to go along with those digits.
>>
>>51460555
I like to think he was just a premature aspect of Alduin, just like that time Orkey summoned him to eat Nords' age.
>>
File: Best_Wizard.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Best_Wizard.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
I think my favorite part about morrowind threads- i mean lore threads is when some autist comes in complaining about the game not being skyrim.
>>
File: 1335290661245.jpg (299KB, 922x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1335290661245.jpg
299KB, 922x1000px
>>51460555
Ahh, yes.
>>
>>51460595
I prefer to think of him as an avatar that is nowhere near as powerful as the real thing. Elder Scrolls is a setting where godly beings (Especially the Daedric princess) walk the earth for great purposes or just shits and giggles, so beings like Alduin using an avatar is pretty logical.

God knows what he deals with while using his real body.
>>
>>51460689
Works too.
>>
>>51460493
>he doesn't go to Balmora mages guild to become the greatest NEET alchemist in all of Tamriel
>he doesn't simply buy magical power after becoming the master of the Royal Art
>he doesn't level skills by utilizing ultra cheap, one point spells
>he doesn't level everything in his path while chugging down his own Monster brand potions
Do you think Divayth Fyr became the self-cloning, mushroom dwelling, daedric-clad badass by running around like a chump and fireballing scribs and mudcrabs? Stay pleb.
>>
>>51460607
here's your (You) Morrowind wanker.
>>
>>51460430
What? Could you cite that? We also have no idea if that's how the Hist (or even what the Hist are) or Ra'gada survived the last kalpa. We don't know that "moving at strange angles" has anything to do with the Dreamsleeve.

>>51460468
Talos is from this kalpa, but, yes, you've stumbled onto something. If the wave from Yokuda was the Ra'gada coming into this kalpa, then what might have been the Return from Atmora?
>>
>>51460728
>he doesn't go to Balmora mages guild to become the greatest NEET alchemist in all of Tamriel
one of the first things I did as a Battlemage (Heavy Armour+Magic+Swordplay) actually
>he doesn't simply buy magical power after becoming the master of the Royal Art
You could literally do the same thing as a pure warrior and you'll not only get more HP because you leveled Heavy/Medium armour or Spear, but your damage won't be limited by magicka either.
>he doesn't level skills by utilizing ultra cheap, one point spells
that doesn't level your Endurance up, enjoy having tons of Magicka and Willpower while dying to an angry Skeever
>he doesn't level everything in his path while chugging down his own Monster brand potions
You don't need to be a mage to do this, a warrior with a Fortify Strength potion can do the same shit only he doesn't even need magicka.
>>
>>51460317
>>51460305
Oh, I see.
>>
What are some cultural quirks (such as Americans clapping or Indians/Pakistanis holding hands) that each race would have?
>>
>>51460580
pic

Anyways, alchemy values aren't engine bugs. Nor are enchantments generally. Nor are the numerous ways to get incredibly powerful magical gear through magic abuse of the morrowind economy. etc, etc.

>>51460581
>>51460595
It's a pet theory I have: We don't see alduin eating any worlds, and the nature of draconic language makes me think there's the possibility that shirking your duties as defined by your name would be impossible.

Additionally, Alduin in lore is a fucking power house, well beyond what we saw in game.

So a necromancer dragon (which dawnguard showed us is possible), seeking power adopts the name to sow more fear in mortal's hearts.

It likely isn't true, but it's possible.
>>
>>51460797
>he doesn't enchant 100% chameleon after becoming an alchemical god of all skills to avoid any sort of damage at all.
>>
>>51460865
Khajiit tend to live in large family-tribe groups, and communally raise children.

>>51460874
Doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>51460874
>presents something as a fact
>asked for proof
>"oh its just a theory i have that isn't true"
Fucking really?
>>
>>51460874
Nice pic there, really shows how good your argument is.

Well you mentioned unpatched so it's pretty fucking disingenuous when you only mention after it's an alchemy value, when the patches are almost entirely bugfixing.

Not to mention that you can do the same shit as a warrior (Fortify Strength) so I fail to see how that's a pure mage thing.

Besides, most first time players aren't there for autistic minmaxing and just want to run around slinging fireballs, swinging axes, or loosing arrows at the local kwama and n'wahs. And it's pretty ruinous to the game's experience to make something retardedly OP as soon as possible.
>>
File: NETS[1].jpg (431KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
NETS[1].jpg
431KB, 1600x1064px
>>51460952
>original requirements:
>No weapon skills as major or minor (can use a weapon as backup though)
>No armour
>Use magic as primary means of attack

Now:
>can't use alchemy, that isn't magic
>morrowind must be patched to an arbitrary level
>Techniques used must be limited to basic things a first time player would do

Nigga, you've moved the goalposts so far back nothing is viable, because a first time player would die to rats after swinging and missing 50 times with an unoptimized character build and 0 stamina.
>>
>>51460512
Pure magic is only viable in Morrowind if you bs your way to high spell absorption so you can smack around a summoned ancestor ghost to recharge instead of having to rest every 5 minutes
The atronach birthsign is almost a requirement
>>
>>51460865
>Nords
Consider unsheathing any blade in front of a maiden is an aggressive act alluding to rape. Nord men won't tolerate such behavior even from their own brothers, if there is a maiden whom they fancy.
>Orcs
Orcs don't have pets. They have companion animals and they swear it's totally different than having pets. They especially love piglets, in private of course. A coming of age habit for Orc children is to denounce their peers who display affection to animals.
>Bretons
Won't get up their bed if they hear owls hooting. They believe it to be the call of a harpy luring them to their death. Of course the sensible Breton know harpies don't come close to cities. They still won't say no to an additional 5 minute nap.
>Colovians
They salute once when they see each other, once when they are leaving each others' sight. Even if they just ran into each other on the street and they won't talk. Especially rural folk are infamous for doing this. On top of this, they take niceties WAY too seriously.
>Nibenese
Will eat eggs with anything. They fucking love eggs. Of any kind; bird, serpent, fish, beasts, doesn't matter. Incidentally, they also have the widest selection of Cure Common Disease potions.

I love doing this.
>>
Post waifu
>>
File: StrawMan2[1].jpg (91KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan2[1].jpg
91KB, 600x450px
>>51461036
Actually I didn't say that was the fucking requirement you mong, I just said, "Besides it's not what most people would do anyway". That isn't saying it's a requirement.

I didn't say you can't use alchemy, or that it has to be patched you fucking tard. I said if you're going to use engine glitches literally anything can be OP (naked hand to hand in Morrowind can be "viable" if you use engine glitches). Also Alchemy and Enchanting are literally two of the buggiest skills in Morrowind.

Nigga you've strawmanned so much no one can possibly argue with you and be right because you'll change an offhand remark into their firm stance on something.
>>
>>51461195
Oh, I assumed those were requirements, because the alternative is admitting you were incorrect that pure magic isn't viable, something I suspect a prodigious internet argumenteer such as yourself will never do.
>>
>>51460746

Not right now, but I will.
>>
>>51461217
I assumed you meant no glitches or exploits when you first said pure mage is viable. Oh wait now that I assumed something you said was another way you have to admit you're wrong?

Only autists like us could ever waste enough time on an octogenarian paper roll thread on a Mongolian cave painting reddit in a Vietnamese poker channel.
>>
>>51461188
Azura
>>
>people say /tesg/ is nothing but shitposting and /tgesg/ is way better
>come to /tgesg/
>it's nothing but shitposting
I don't know why I expected different on 4chan.
>>
>>51461449
Which faction in TES would shitpost the most if they had 4chan?
>>
How does waste from Cyrodiil City gather in the swamps of Argonia if all Nibenean rivers flow away from Argonia?
>>
>>51461460
Probably the nords after ulfric wins.
>>
File: racist shitlord.jpg (660KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
racist shitlord.jpg
660KB, 1920x1080px
>>51461494
>>
>>51460746
>We don't know that "moving at strange angles" has anything to do with the Dreamsleeve
I'm pretty sure the story goes that Ruptga teaches them how to "travel" to the Far Shores where they "wait between Worldskins"
Far Shores being their afterlife, their interpretation of the Dreamsleeve
Sounds to me like what they did wasn't so much physically surviving the transition between kalpas, but rather they learned to retain their identity in the Dreamsleeve where normally everybody would get purged of their memories and shit
>>
>>51461449
We've had some of the tesg shitposters come here since they've been putting us in their op.
Asking to remove us just showed tesg isn't worth existing.
>>
>>51461449
That's because /tesg/ is here now.
Previous thread was fucking great.
>>
>>51461570
>>51461573
/tesg/ has had this thread in the OP literally for months.
>>
>>51461494
>Nords
Stormcloaks you mean. Many Nords are Empire loyalists.
>>
File: Fate_of_the_Skaal.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fate_of_the_Skaal.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>51461449
/tesg/ just sent me:
Dragons are asexual, right?
Immortal, no genitals, no nests/eggs anywhere. They cannot reproduce, have no sexual differentiation, and there are a finite number of them flying around creation?

Who made them?
Was it Akatosh?
Why are they so evil, then?
How did Herma-Mora get a handful of them in his Japanese Hentai Realm?
If Solstheim has its own dragons, does that mean dragons could've also begun terrorizing the rest of Tamriel when Alduin woke up?

Actually, since we see Alduin reviving dragons, does that imply that all living dragons in Skyrim+Dragonborn were revived by him personally?
Did he fly to Solstheim to wake a few up?
Were the dragon bones around Miraak's Temple all victims of Miraak and thus unable to be resurrected?
Did he kill them before he was banished to Tentacle Land? Then why weren't they all scavenged or buried by the time you get there?
Did he kill them after Alduin revived them? How did he managed to do that from Hermaphrodite Mora's realm? Did he have his cultists do it then he astral project in to steal the souls like he does to you?
How the fuck does he even do that?

Btw, if the Skaals are a branch of Nords from Miraak's time, what're the odds that their All-Maker is either Akatosh or Alduin?
When they say, "everything returns to the all-maker" are they talking about how Alduin is supposed to eat the world and everyone's soul?
>>
>>51461573
Im sorry, it's my fault. I lurk this general for the neat lore of the TES universe and some anon asked alot of lore questions so I linked him here. I just wanted his questions to be answered.
>>
>>51461586
Yes, and like literally anything in life, it wasn't used to full force immediately, it took time to ramp up properly.
We can still get worse, but we're definitely not getting better.
>>
>>51461629
>trying this hard to justify your boogeyman
>>
>>51461586
Tgesg likes to pretend like tesg is a wholly other group and people who actually actively play and take an interest in TES don't frequent both
It's an elitism thing, it's just what we do here
Same reason why people like to imagine their favorite board is somehow better than others when it's literally the same retarded shit on every board
>>
>>51461538
Think about this in a literal sense. You're standing on Yokuda, looking towards Tamriel. Keeping in mind the name of the Yokudan afterlife, what would Tamriel be from that perspective?

They actually made a physical voyage, in boats, from Yokuda to Tamriel.

>>51461590
Yes. There are female dragons called Jills.
>>
So now the shitpostere are here, bets on how long it takes for a post in tesg to "mysteriously" complain about safespaces and feelings?
I'd give it an hour, maybe they're still drinking their coffee
>>
>>51461645
There is a perceivable difference between skyrimscum neophytes and old ES fans.
>>
>>51461675
Why are you replying
We already know which he is and why he's defending shitposting
>>
>literally no one shitposting
>some one randomly complains about shitposting
>people reply to it
Stop.
>>
>>51461668
>Yokuda
I thought Yokuda was a literal place in the current kalpa though and there are even reports that parts of it still remain even after the Yokudans accidentally nuked it
>>
>>51461697
>YOUR ARGUMENT IS GAY
>YEAH WELL YOUR RETARDED BECAUSE YOUR ARGUMENT IS SHIT
>literally no one shitposting
>>
File: Language Map.png (31KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Language Map.png
31KB, 1204x650px
Here's a bit of an update on my language map. I started work on he Nibenean dialects. Don't know how to treat south Nibenay around Leyawiin yet and what the next parts (Rimmen, hammerfell) will look like.
>>
>>51461683
Hurrr
>>
>>51461707
It is, well, what's left of it, like you mention.

Ruptga is the one who told the spirits to
>follow the stars to the Far Shores

So that's what the Ra'gada did when Yokuda sank.
>>
>>51461743
You need a key.
>>
>>51461743
By the way, I've been thinking about making a zoomed-in insert of the Imperial Isles but that could be hell.
All those huge areas with no dialects will at one point get worked on, too.

>>51461773
That's going to be added at the end
>>
>>51461449
Go into the archive and read last thread.

Also, I point your attention to the fact that most of the shitposting in the thread is pointless discussions where a few retards keep replying to each others endlessly. It's literally the fault of a few autists who think it matters if someone else on the internet has a different opinion on certain game mechanics or whatever.

Another thing is that /tgesg/ is that content is usually multiplicative. We had good discussions las thread, which means that I posted a lot about lore. I'm sure the same is true for many others. This thread we've been dominated by morons who just care about their own little spats, so I've hardly posted at all. I'm sure the same is true for many others. I'm not going to spend my time writing tons about metaphysics if the thread is a shithole that I hardly bother reading.
The general tone of a thread can vastly swing the quality of contribution one way or another.

/tesg/ is somewhat to blame, but it mostly lies with individuals. I've never used /tesg/, so I don't know if it's as bad as people say or whatever. But it's always the responsibility of individuals.These people don't care about lore, about thread quality or about common decency, they care about what others thinks about their favourite/least favourite 2003 roleplaying game. It's pathetic.
>>
>>51461816
Stop.
>>
File: Reachmen.jpg (593KB, 1013x512px) Image search: [Google]
Reachmen.jpg
593KB, 1013x512px
>>51461743
I suppose Craglorn should be a clusterfuck, with all the Orc, Breton/Reachman, Nord, Redguard and Colovians mixed in the same region.
>>
>>51461816
You spent actual time writing this on an Ethiopian clay-shaping board. Surely there are better things you could've been doing like posting fan art and fan theories.
>>
>>51461931
I have no experience with ESO apart from reading a bit on UESP Wiki. I presume Craglorn is just the name for the Hammerfell part of the Reach.

I'm thinking about making it mostly speaking Reach speak in this map. This is the majority language map and I'll do maps for individual languages at one point.
>>
>>51461931
>Craglorn
That's an ESO thing.
>>
>>51461743
There's been a number of nedic tribes living in Black Marsh and around. Leyawiin probably has some Kothri influence.
>>
>>51450247
It's a historical account. She just drank man sap and thus became man's servant instead.
>>
>>51445833
I'd be up for the entire Iliac Bay region, that way you get to explore some of Hammerfell, some of High Rock, Stros M'kai and maybe Wrothgar.

I actually posted my ideal plotline for the next game in a previous thread, wherein the Empire/Dominion conflict takes the same role as the civil war in Skyrim (though obviously with more detail and overall plot), and the main quest line revolves around the rise of a rapidly a developing Falmer empire.

The player character would begin as a prisoner of the Dominion, caught up in a conflict at sea and taken as a suspected Imperial spy.

Interrogation is about to begin at a Dominion outpost in Stros M'kai when Falmer swarm out of the nearby Dwemer ruins.

In the chaos, the PC escapes with the aid of a blind vampiress with a holster built to contain three elder scrolls strapped to her back. Along the way they pick up an Altmer prison guard and an Imperial prisoner, both of whom try to sway the PC over to their side of the conflict.

The Vampiress, meanwhile, implores the PC to go with her, as she saw the events that are now in motion and seeks to set you on a path to halt them.
>>
>>51453542
>Nepos the Nose
>>
>>51445201
Sloading Screen
>>
>>51461720
To be fair, the one guy who thought magic wasn't viable in morrowind was retarded.
>>
>>51462616
I'm so disappointed in you, Anon.
>>
"You'll be so much easier to rob when you're dead!"
>>
File: MMM31-Guard.jpg (604KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MMM31-Guard.jpg
604KB, 1600x1000px
>>51462770
"This is the part where you fall down and bleed to death"
>>
>This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus
>>
>>51462910
Nothing happens if you don't report it.
Mods aren't omniscient.
>>
>>51462946
I don't remember seeing /vg/ posts purged from these general, ever.
>>
>>51462946
>thinking mods care about the self-determined rules of a general thread
>>
>>51462967
And I doubt many, if any, reported them.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>51462859
"You dare fight a Dunmer?!"
>>
So since argonians can become super gigantic lizard marines with the Hist, can orcs and dunmer be empowered similarly by the Daedra?
>>
>>51463056
>since argonians can become super gigantic lizard marines with the Hist
What.
>>
>>51463069
Probably some ESO shit again.
>>
File: eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-7[1].jpg (181KB, 1024x535px) Image search: [Google]
eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-7[1].jpg
181KB, 1024x535px
>>51463114
isn't this how they beat the daedra back too?
>>
>>51463142
Ah, called it.
>>
>>51460422
Aren't you supposed to use blunt weapons as a mage? I don't think the devs intended for you do use only spells.
>>
Do things like mental retardation, autism, aspergers, and ADHD exist in Tamriel?
>>
>>51463170
Default "Mage" class has Short Blade as a minor skill.
No actual mention of this in the lore though:

>I am a mage. My study is the destruction and alteration of the visible and invisible world. I study magic for its pure intellectual challenge and rewards, but I am paid in gold for the practical applications of my knowledge. I defend myself with spells of the College of Destruction, and leap, swim, and levitate with the spells of the College of Alteration. I sell spells, and I am a spellmaker who creates spells to your specifications. I can also teach you in my skills, for a fee.
>>
>>51463212
Sure.
>>
>Post a /vg/ thread in /tg/
>Get mad when people argue about video games
You have to go back
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>51463213
"I sell magic and magic accessories"
>>
>>51463212
Yes, they even formed a political group called House Telvanni.
>>
>>51463281
Oh that reminds me.

What would be closest race and skills that Hank Hill would have if he were in TES?
>>
>>51461460
Dunmer and Nords are the most likely candidates for the /pol/ breed of shitposter (racist Altmer stick to a dead serious Stormfront-style forum)
Khajiit and Bretons are the ones who would pretend to be retarded for replies
Argonians contribute the most to discussions and do the least shitposting and trolling
>>
>>51463381
What about Orcs, Imperials, Redguards, and Bosmer?
>>
File: telvanni.jpg (102KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
telvanni.jpg
102KB, 512x640px
Man, this auto-coloring tool that gets posted around /a/ and /co/ kinda suits MK's art pretty damn nicely.
>>
>>51463401
Orcs get baited easily
>>
Important question: when Kirkbride fucks his fiancee, does he make her paint herself blue and gold and lecture him about metaphysics?
>>
>>51463213
Mages in Oblivion and Skyrim all come equipped with low quality daggers too
My guess would be that they carry around daggers for practical purposes (cutting up ingredients and things like that) but will use them for defense if they have to
>>
>>51463469
>implying Lady N doesn't do this by her own volition and initiative
She probably takes notes on his lectures too while they're fucking then posts about it on reddit
>>
>>51463516
Didn't they meet when she was like 12 and she was his biggest fan on the bethsoft forums? Kind of weird m8.
>>
>>51463516
>>51463469

Reminds me of the Anon who had that wet dream about being MK and fucking the concept of time and woke up to find he was fucking his gf.
>>
>>51463575
Sounds like Saturday.
>>
>>51463575
I didn't know it was possible to sleep fuck someone
Was the gf awake or was she sleeping too when this happened?
>>
>>51463575
>tfw the spirit of MK possessed your body and raped your gf who was also an avatar of Akatosh
>>
>>51463609
I mean, is it super common to sleep through fucking? Youd think she woke up shortly after it started.
>>
>>51463639
Well anon was asleep and dreaming about MK. Maybe the gf was also asleep and dreaming about MK.
>>
>>51463572
14, but yeah. She just moved to 'murrica and barely spoke English. To be fair as far as I know they didn't actually start fucking until she was legal, but there is still a massive age difference between the two.
>>
>>51463514
Makes sense.
Then again we have traditional wizard staves in Mages Guild too.
>>
>>51463662
>Become such a lore buff that you risk you and your loved ones being possessed and raped by Vivec often simultaneously.

MK has gone too far.
>>
Is there an equivalent to propane and propane accessories in Tamriel?
>>
>>51463717
How do we stop him?
>>
>>51463667
I don't blame her, my teenage self was a huge Morrowind fanboy and would've been thrilled to have gotten MK's attention if MK was into guys
>>
>>51463721
Soul gems and soul trap scrolls.
>>
>>51463729
Rape him first.
>>
>>51463721
Pyroil Tar.
>>
>>51463737
Is he not into guys as well?
>>
>>51463765
I'm on it, I'll post results later
>>
>>51463575
That was me. And even after we woke up it was some of the most intense sex we ever had.
>>
>MK possessing and fucking people heralds the end of a kalpa.

Amaranth confirmed.
>>
>>51463810
You're just MK's dreamself now anon, you're not even real
>>
>>51463781
I don't think he is, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was
>>
>>51463882
>MK dreams of California.

Well it's almost like Morrowind's ash lands.
>>
>>51463788
Lady N, please stop posting here.
>>
>>51464141
I wonder if her or MK or any bethesda employees besides Trainwiz post here
>>
>>51464171
There was a tale of old where MK allegedly called tgesg "hidden masters" or something.
>>
>>51464171
She actually came here once not that long ago.
>>
>>51463757
Butane's a bastard gas to Hank, so what's the equivalent of that?
>>
>>51464171
MK definitely doesn't. That nigga knows absolutely nothing about 4chan beyond what you can hear from the media and such. I remember that one time when he wanted to troll, and went to /b/, only to have his thread 404 in minutes.
>>
>>51464171
All Toddposting on /v/ is actually Todd posting
>>
File: 1446467076626.jpg (157KB, 1060x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1446467076626.jpg
157KB, 1060x1300px
>>51464373
Shut up you fucking nerd
>>
>>51464356
>I remember that one time when he wanted to troll, and went to /b/, only to have his thread 404 in minutes.
Are there screenshots of this? I'd really like to see what he thinks trolling looks like.
>>
>>51464447
Don't think so. It was seriously blink and it's gone tier, and there were very few people who got to see it.
>>
>>51464263
What happened?
>>
>>51464792
Nothing particularly interesting.
If I remember correctly, there was some sperging about how canon her fanfiction is(!), somewhere around the time of this post
http://ladynerevar.tumblr.com/post/129521536430/a-note-about-the-lore-content-of-this-blog

It's been more than a year already? Holy shit time flies.
>>
>>51464929
She writes fanfics? I knew she did fanart but never knew she was a fanfic writer.
>>
>>51464962
I was referring to her lore writeups and headcanons.
>>
>>51464985
Oh, I thought you meant that weird part of deviantart where people ship Nerevar and Voryn.
>>
>>51465096
Who the fuck doesn't ship Nerevar and Voryn.

Also, here:
>>38158772
>>42628882
>>
File: 1459741035999.jpg (2MB, 1379x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1459741035999.jpg
2MB, 1379x1012px
>>51465096
>>
>>51465185
Gay deviantfartists and tumblrinas will ship anything
>>
>>51465185
Nerevar(ine) and Vivec is more feasible
Nerevar(ine) and Voryn is healthier but doomed by circumstances
>>
>>51465204
Jesus Christ that face. How horrifying.
>>
>>51465263
You don't have to be a land showwhale to appreciate merly friendship with spear sparring undertones.
>>
>>51465298
>Nerevar(ine) and Vivec is more feasible

Well but you know, Vivec is feasible with literally anything. There is not a thing in the TES universe or beyond that Vivec wouldn't.
>>
>>51465298
Vivec is a literal 4DPD whore.
Voryn is a faithful and pure yandere husbando.
>>
>>51465263
>Gay deviantfartists and tumblrinas
Nice denial nigger. You do realize /co/, /tv/, /vp/, /a/ and /vg/ exist, right? You think anons don't like shipping Ash Ketchup with whatever anime girl there is now?

typical day in /vg/ is like the following:
>fucking reddit, tumblr, deviantart man
>yeah they are faggots, right?
>totally! they ship sans with flowey! sans obviously belongs to chara!

So stop calling people names and enjoy imagining sotha sil fucking his own living city while divayth fyr watches them.
>>
>>51465374
Not that I particularly disagree, but you really need to fuck off back to /vg/.
>>
>>51465307
I thought it was canon that literally everyone wanted to fuck Nerevar.
>>
>>51465435
It is, but what we don't know is whether Nerevar wanted to fuck everyone.
>>
>>51465469
Could he be a dense harem protagonist?
>>
>>51465469
To be honest I don't think so. He loved his goddess, he probably loved his wife, but even in MK's semi-fanfiction What My Beloved he is either oblivious to or just straight up ignores Vivec's not very subtle attempts to fuck.
Thread posts: 395
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.