[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General XXX???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 65

File: HHG 2.png (787KB, 818x546px) Image search: [Google]
HHG 2.png
787KB, 818x546px
Rolled 18 (1d20)

Gotta Father 'em all Edition
Unstable Awoo~ levels subedition
Yet more Finnish autism discussion, Primarchs were statted (though not in the usual way) Black Dragons tried to be less 40k and failed. Anon was schooled on Scales and some scant rumours were posted, all this and more: >>51498498
>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
What are the best bot-friends for a Praevian?
>>
Three Days to Inferno.

The hype is real.
>>
>>51511798
the real question is will scanon deliver?
>>
File: Dornlender.jpg (142KB, 530x442px) Image search: [Google]
Dornlender.jpg
142KB, 530x442px
>>
>>51511821
Hell at this point I don't care about the fluff I just want my TS rules.
>>
>>51511837
Amazing
>>
>>51511821
>he doesn't know
Oh Anon, memorise your emotional state now, for you will never be this happy again, Scanon doesn't have access to Scanner anymore.
>>
>>51511744
Dubs bless this thread and its summary.
>>
>>51511845
>He tried to Retcon out the Decimation in 'Magnus the Red: Master of Prospero'
Really? How'd he try and phrase that?
>>
File: Magos_Reductor_Calleb_Decima.jpg (131KB, 850x996px) Image search: [Google]
Magos_Reductor_Calleb_Decima.jpg
131KB, 850x996px
Psychic automata when? Not brilliant for Reductor, but Mechanicum is nicely strong so I can afford to throw in a couple toys.

(Was the Zhao-Arkkad stuff actually going to get rules? Was never that hyped for Inferno so I haven't kept that much track.)
>>
>>51511878
Apparently thousand sons will get psi-bots.
>>
>>51511878
Tell me about the Zhao Arkkad. I only know about them what I read from the TS preview.
And I think I saw a green & orange Asian looking bot
>>
>>51511868

By having it never happen. There's a bit in there about how the IWs have had their Primarch for the last 4 years, and zero mention of any decimation.

There's a whole song and dance done about how the IWs first saw their Primarch on the steps of Dammenkos' palace, and how Peturabo breaks a Warp Sextant Magnus asked him to build with a 'Peturabo has a hidden cruel streak to him', but nothing on the Decimation or the fall of the Black Judges. Indeed, there's no mention that the IWs have even actually fought an actual war under Peturabo yet.

There's also a major bromance between Ahriman and Forrix.
>>
File: Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg
792KB, 873x876px
Reminder that in Gen 1 Pokemon Alpahrius' moveset would be Confuse Ray, Toxic, Leech Seed, and Fire Spin.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
File: Zhao-Arkkad.jpg (85KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Zhao-Arkkad.jpg
85KB, 582x600px
>>51511906
Aww, I was hoping we'd get to dabble a little in psychic stuff, just because I like having a psyker or two in my armies normally.
Maybe we'll get an option or two, that was all I wanted, maybe a ML1 psyker Magos Prime type or piece of wargear.

>>51511939

We really don't know much about it, they basically just grabbed a random Forge World to use AFAIK. So far all we know is they've got the Praetor Armoured Assault Launcher STC, have zany Cybernetica (pic related) and were "recently re-consecrated" although that refers to 40k, so maybe it'll get fucked up a bit. It's a one-sentence kind of place, so far.
>>
Any of my DG lads here have a painted Mortarion they care to share? All of the paint jobs I see online just seems so muddied, like the brass on top of grey on top of corrosion just blends together and hides all of the nice detail on the model.
>>
>>51511997
Is there a move set for coming up with a complex and terrifying plan designed to show how superior you are to a guy that hates you and get him to talk with you, and when you open your mouth the guy that hates you just fucking kills you dead?
>>
>>51511861

>loses access
>two weeks to release

tzeentch must have had something to do with this
>>
So whats my first purchase from FW /hhg/?

Assume no particular legion and enough troops to run 20man squads.

A leviathan? Scorpius? Vindicator? What will get me the most bang for my buck, whatt will I get the most use out of?
>>
>>51512116
rhinos.

or dreadnought drop pod
>>
>>51512116
Grav rapiers.
>>
>>51512116

Important stuff. Weapons sets, decals, shoulder pads, anything necessary to making the basic army.
>>
>>51511959
Guy that's been re-reading old BL books here, Graham's nerd boner for the IW is really extreme, I'm surprised he's not been called out on it all that much. He comes stupidly close to making them more poor widdle snowflakes than any portrayal of the Thousand Sons. In fact, thinking about it, I think he might actually have done that.

>There's also a major bromance between Ahriman and Forrix.
Christ. And yet poor Yesugei never got to meet his husbando again.
>>
>>51512148

There's foreshadowing when Ahriman sees an Evil Forrix leading an army against a fortress. Ooh, guess what he saw?
>>
>>51512097
In Gen 1?

Take the moveset I gave you, replace Firespin with Wrap, and make Dorn one of the Gen 1 Ghosts.
>>
>>51512148
Mcneil seems to love black templars and iron warriors, theres always a templar or iron warrior in his books.
>>
>>51512158
The best book McNeil ever wrote?
>>
>>51512239

Which McNeil is constantly going back to and referencing in everything Heresy he writes.
>>
>>51512239
Storm of Iron, the ...Of Mars trilogy or the Black Templar codex.
>>
>>51512277

Mcneil comes off as pretty salty when something he likes is changed. There was an interview somewhere where he admitted hating the new direction of the Necrons, and I bet he fucking hates the Templars being turned into a regular chapter of 1000. I would so so far as to say he fucking hates everything French has written about the IWs and is trying to retcon it whenever he can.
>>
>>51511141
>Hmmm well everyone else's book about Legionaries who aren't like their legions sold well so what should I do
>Hmmm a fist who has already written the codex Astartes, likes ship instead of siege war, and always doubts himself rather than zealousness
>Oh shit he sold like hotcakes, I bet I could convince Laurie a nohomo relationship would get us that LGBTQRSTUVWYXZ market share
>>
I have a Yen for the HH audio books. Dose any one have a good link to where i can download the books? like Legacies of Betrayal and or Deathfire forwards. (I lissom to them when I paint)
>>
>>51511778
Whatever you like and fits best with the army as they're mid tier
>>51511878
If TS don't get it in this book it'll be their next unit and get a model before their main units, so IW are even closer to TS
>>
>>51512373
>likes ship instead of siege war
In fairness, the HH black book (3?) describing the fists says they excel at space stuff, hell it almost made it seem like their siege skillz were a byproduct of being good at boarding actions rather than their focus. So it's not necessarily a new idea.
>>
>>51512277
Mars trilogy is pretty good and then kind of falls apart in the last one, Storm of Iron is still his best.
His writing is usually of a good quality, but to go with his good habits, he, (like all the authors) has serious ow points that have emerged over time
>his ego leeches into his work
>his reliance on napoleonic tactics for battles and his 'homages' to Gemmell-style characters that just end up awkward and faintly racist
>His characters are super special to suit the plot, and he ties everything and everyone together too much

Added to that, his Iron Warriors (in HH at least) are usually always the honourable hard-done-to types who aren't actually bad dudes, and his Emperor's Children are almost always refugees from Clive Barker novels with no tactical acumen whatsoever
>>
>>51512116
Inferno once you scan it for us
>>51512158
Forrix is the one who becomes 'The Warsmith' and once a daemon prince just gives Honshu the reigns
>>
>>51512447

Well, there needs to be something to show that the Fists aren't just yellow Iron Warriors (Or that the Warriors are not just gunmental Imperial Fists)
>>
>>51512454

What would you say the ow points of the other authors are?
>>
>>51512447
And mon frére, which book was written first?
>>51512454
>Gemmel style
Explain
>racist
Racism is not always bad, SEAs not turning you on makes you racist but is it really going to change how you treat them
>>
>>51512458
Nah, that's Barban Falk.
There's this super-cringe bit in Angel Exterminatus where Forrix is like "Yo Falk, what's up my dude?" and Falk is just like "That's not my name now. Call me...the Warsmith."

AE is also responsible for setting up Forrix, Kroeger and Honsou in the roles they have in Storm of Iron, 10,000 years later.
>>
>>51512482
Gav Thorpe is
>ass the plot demands it figures
Kyme is
>thought he bought a thesaurus when it was a dictionary
Whoever wrote ultramarines
>tyranids are awed by the speaking patterns and so wait to hear the full message
ADB
>pyramidal societies are bad
>>
>>51512535
wheres abnett in this?
>>
>>51512535

Abnett, Swallow, Wraight, Annandale, Sanders?
>>
>>51512505
Yeah Honsou's geneseed is from the guy Fabius raped for like two chapters right 'the honourable ...'
And I liked AE in how it showed these really were veterans of the long war
I didn't find 'I am the warsmith' that cringe as I saw it as possession by something
>>
>>51512482
Well to try and keep it simple, coz I could go into this like a motherfucker
>ADB
Extreme waifuism, daddy issues
>Abnett
Abrupt endings, everyone is a bit too human (some people really dig that, fair enough)
>Thorpe
Doesn't understand correct use of punctuation, poor characterisation
>Kyme
One-note grasp of use of metaphor and similies to a meme-tastic degree
>>
>>51512535
Adb is also
>the only way to emphasise and humanise these muscly men is to show how they treat women
>>51512564
>Anadale, Sanders
Literally who
>Swallow
Only read the BA book so can't comment on his style
>>
>>51512593

I'd like you to go into this like a motherfucker to be honest. I like seeing proper criticism of these books beyond the lore and the fluff.
>>
>>51512556
Abnett
>The universe is vast and plenty of really weird and often unlikely/contradictory stuff happens
>Really bad at writing Astartes and Dark Eldar
>>
>>51512535
>>51512593
Let's go for the mother load.

William King, Ian Watson.
>>
>>51512639
>William King
I've only ever read Gotrek and Felix by him, but he has an obsession with Skaven "Squirting the musk of fear"
>Ian Watson
Girlname Goulding has Hatred (Ian Watson)
>>
>>51512564
>Annandale's main issue is that he read too much Stephen King and thinks all books should be both structured like that (looooong set up full of characters talking and thinking and not getting what's going on) and have horror elements.
Heavy character work isn't bad, in fact it's great, but he can't seem to make it gripping, which is King's greatest strength.

The others don't have immediate call-outs I can think of off the top of my head, they're very workmanlike. Swallow is probably the most skilled out of them, Sanders the most boring, Wraight the most reliable. Abnett, as discussed, has a tendency to try and make everyone relatable without going into the depth of how other factors to them would make them react, which is a strength of ADB.
Like, people in Abnett react like how a general person would, instead of say, a demi-god or a corrupted by Actual Daemonic Evil guy would.
>>
>>51512593

ADB has always struck me as wanting to be the fan favourite. He really does seem to legitimately want to please the fans as much as possible. He spends ages on websites like Bolter and Chainsword listening to the fans there gripe and trying to explain himself. It's just that he can't keep his own issues out of his writing.
>>
>>51512577
Yeah, in another cringe moment (YMMV), the Honorable Soulaka's gene-seed capsule gets damaged by fire, and when Lucius tries to read the name all he can read is
"Hon...*squints*...Sou"
And Fabius is all like, that gene-seed will make an excellent Astartes with some significant future hint hint.
I agree it was good to see the IW chars be proper vets, it's just a shame the book ends with literally all the main characters of Storm set up. All Falk, Forrix and Kroeger have left for them to do in 10K years is get variously more Chaos-y, which they start doing at the end of the book.
>>
>>51512496
If you read his Sigmar novel, it was a love-letter to Gemmell. Which is all good.
Two chars in HH I would call out for this though, are Nagasena aka Captain Japan. He's every occidental trope in one character.
>honnolabu samulai
>carries around a mundane katana with a name and prays to it
>wears laquered samurai armour instead of literally anything else
>mediates by painting on silk with watercolours
>is also a shogun
>who considers going ronin
>has a japanese style house
McNeil actually calls all this out by saying Nagasena just has a deep interest in all this ancient stuff, but that makes him worse coz it turns him into this weird weeb guy despite him actually seeming to be of japanese ethnicity.

Then there's his ching chong me yellow man no speeke so good portrayal of Yesugei that was so bad Chris Wraight had to come up with a (fantastic) explanation for to avoid the White Scars having a serious taste problem.
>>
>>51512757
Oh good another episode of "Internet People Psychoanalyze Someone They've Never Met.">>51512757
>>
So.

What is the best thing to take against a Fellblade?

My friend just got his order in and is going to field it pretty much every game we play, I bet.
>>
>>51511744
Does anyone know what types of beepboops were in the First Heretic I want to ally in some fighting robos in my list at a future date
>>
>>51512917
>judge someone based on their public words, deeds, acts
>psychoanalyzing someone
What is up with /tg/, today? The idiots are out in force.
>>
>>51512912
Wait McNeil wrote the samurai guy? Fuck me, then again it's clearly a reference to Americans with 1/6000000th Norse blood in them going 'MUH ancestors, for Thor'
And wasn't Yesuegi suppoused to be the khans adoptive father so he should be yellow face?
>>51512955
I don't remember any
>>
>>51512912
> that was so bad Chris Wraight had to come up with a (fantastic) explanation for to avoid the White Scars having a serious taste problem.

wraight's explanation was sublime. i remember reading yesugei's original speech and facepalming.
>>
>>51512977

Originally, Yesuegi was your stereotypical 'Asian who can't into English White Scar Libararian.'

Wraight made him into one of the most interesting characters in the entire series, and even inserted a few sly references to how McNeil portrayed him.

>

‘I spoke,’ said Yesugei sadly, remembering. ‘Awkward. It was in Gothic, and so I did not do well. Some oppression settled on me from somewhere.
>>
>>51513021
SO what was the speech, I've only got Scars
>>
>>51513044

“I am White Scar, Stormseer of Jaghatai Khan,” he said, “and I speak with truth as my guide. This I swear on honour of my clan, may my brothers cut out my heart if I lie. I listen to words said by honourable men, but I not see as they see. They look with eyes blind to world around them. They understand with minds not willing to see truth of this galaxy.

“The warrior chosen by Stormseers is not evil, and nor is power he wields. He is weapon, like Land Raider and bolt gun. What fool casts aside weapon before battle? Like all weapons, it is dangerous without much training, and all here know danger of rogue psyker; Lord Mortarion tell us of it. But what is more danger, a trained warrior who understand his powers or a warrior with power who knows nothing of its use? Like all things, power must be yoked to its true purpose before it can be unleashed. The psyker must be moulded by men of great skill as a sword is crafted by forger of steel. He must be taught way of the Stormseer and must prove his worth many times before he may bear the skull staff of the warrior-seer.”

Yesugei lifted his staff and aimed it towards the green-robed Choirmaster of Astropaths and black-suited Master of Navigators, sweeping it across the width of the dais. The gesture was subtle, for it also included the Emperor.

“To damn psykers as one evil is to forget how Imperium depend on them. Without mind-singers each world is adrift and alone, without star-seekers there is no travel between them. Men who speak against Primarch Magnus speak with the blurred vision of ancients. They do not see consequences of what they seek. What they ask for will doom us all. My truth, I pledge on this oath-sworn staff. If any doubt me, I stand ready to cross blades with them.”
>>
>>51512955
Cataphract, I think.
The older HH books used the old Legio robots all the time because the FW models weren't planned out or released yet. If they had, all the beeps in TFH and ATS would be Castellax, guaranteed.
>>
>>51512955
Do you mean Carthage Cohort? Two crusader battle robots, a cataphract-class battle robot, and a conqueror battle robot. None of which we have rules for, unfortunately.
>>
>>51513032
>Some oppression settled on me from somewhere
Ouch.
>>
>>51513097

Crusader is Vorax, Conqueror is Domitar.
>>
>>51512939
Sicaran Venator or deep pod leviathan. Or knight with a D sword/Super heavy with D
>>
>>51512939
>What's the best thing to do about x
Two x
>>51512977
Yesugei was just some kid who Khan found when he was unifying who was also a psyker, he went on to be a general off Khan's and then a Marine. His adopted Father died which is why he set out to unify Chogoris in the first place.
>>
>>51513064
It's still a good speech, ching chong mannerisms aside.

If only Magnus didn't go full retard when he testified.
>>
>>51512618
To go back to this as we got sidetracked by lore a bit, the easiest ones to call out are mechanical faults.
Kyme doesn't need going into, everyone can see that he thinks writing goes no further than
"Subject verb simile adjective simile. It was a metaphor."
Thorpe only uses full stops/periods and commas. He sprinkles commas everywhere, in really unusual places. Did you get taught at school that the basic use of commas is to creates 'breaths' in dialogue? Like, where a person would take a micro-pause? I think that or similar stuck in his head, and as he writes he puts in commas where he himself stopped to think as he was writing, often in the middle of sentences.
So you get huuuuuuge run-on sentences stapled together by three commas all the time, and he breaks up dialogue and even narration into stilted clauses in the same way. Try and read some Thorpe out loud in your 'internal voice' cadence, don't act it. It's disjointed as fuck.

And not to harp on McNeil but I would love to find out what went on with the Severian plot in Outcast Dead. Severian goes "I'll go look outside" or something similar happens that means he leaves the scene, and then he's never heard about again! He just vanishes out of the book with no hook or mystery called out, everyone forgets about him bar (maaaybe) one line, and I'm not even sure about that. It was like the editor came in and just cut out the end of his arc.

I would be curious to know if there was one and it got cut deliberately to make the audio, or if it was a fuck up of huge scale and got missed, and the audio was a patch to that (and the Magnus thing).
Outcast Dead also at no point actually explains what the Crusader Host are or makes an attempt to rationalise the Magnus thing.
All three of those are critical logic errors in the structure of the novel as set up.
>>
What's the best way to get a Vox into a good spot? Scouts? I want to have a nice beacon for some Teleporting termies and a couple drop pods.
>>
>>51512593
I would also say abnet has a tendancy to make things a bit to fancy. At least in the heresy novels I have read so far.
Particularly Prospero burns had so much weird language and point of views I had trouble following it.
I.E. The constant use of choler and sanguine stuff springs to mind.
ADB just loves chaos a bit to much and has a very strange idea of what the emperor is supposed to be. As long as he doesn't write about abbadon or the emps I don't see him doing much wrong.

Also pretty much all the HH writers have a massive hardon for waifus. Book 9 about the void dragon was super anoying because of that.

I haven't really found anything wrong with william king so far. I loved The macharius novels,
>>
>>51512535
What about Anthony Reynolds?
>>
>>51513368
Damocles rhino for starters. Otherwise scouts are the only infiltrators
>>
>>51513403
>ADB just loves chaos a bit to much and has a very strange idea of what the emperor is supposed to be. As long as he doesn't write about abbadon or the emps I don't see him doing much wrong.

He's doing both.
>>
>>51513286
Kyme's narration often just straight-up doesn't make sense. Sometimes two characters will be fighting, I'll think one is one top, then the start of the next paragraph the other will be the one laying the smackdown with no reversal described. It's really confusing. He also doesn't describe scenes very well, like in a bolter firefight it's often not clear at all where the shooters & terrain are relative to each other. Oh, and someone needs to tell him you can't get from one system to another in a thunderhawk.

One other problem Thorpe has is he sometimes hurries too much. I remember in his byword for Path Of The Eldar he talked about how each eldar speeds along their path (the striking scorpion becomes an exarch after like two battles) but he didn't feel it would add much to the story to pad things out with extra battles for the scorpion. But he does this a lot, and it can lead to some silly-seeming coincidences. For example, in one book Corax enters a city and stumbles across the imperial-friendly rebels on the first night of his reconnaissance. It may not add much to have it take longer for Corax to find these dudes, but the story seems unrealistic as is.

I also have a tendency to comma-splice, and I apologise if I've done it in this post.
>>
>>51513477
>>51513403

He's giving Abaddon killing blow rights on Siggy Diggy.
>>
>>51513479

It's good. I'm really enjoying your thoughts.

Makes me cringe about my own writing though.
>>
>>51513479
Bashing out a forum post in two minutes is a whole lot different from spending months writing fiction, no-one needs to apologise for their punctuation or spelling here.
>>51513416
I had to look up what Reynolds had written to be honest, and make sure he wasn't Josh Reynolds. I can't think of anything mechanically bad. The last of his Word Bearers trilogy devolved into tedious bolter porn, I remember that. The rest seems to fit into the workmanlike category?
>>
>>51513286
>Severian
Can actually answer that one, the short story "Wolf Hunt" (in the Silent War anthology) kind of links things together.
>>
>>51513431

Fuck me. Duh. I forgot those awesome things existed. Do people put anything inside of it or just let it be? I'm playing NL if it matters.
>>
>>51513479
I think Thorpe can have good ideas but can't pull them off due to his honestly not great ability to chacterise.
The scene in the last DA book where they all have dinner and then two different coups break out was a fucking mess in terms of understandable and believable motivation. And he had multiple novels and shorts to establish it.

That's an example of something being mechanically sound but the craft level of the author can't meet the demands of the structure.
>>51513598
Yeah, but my interest is in how it wasn't in The Outcast Dead. Severian vanishes so bluntly it was like the editor went into the text and cut out the end of his arc with a rusty shovel.
I'm curious to ever find out if that was deliberate or McNeil messed up hugely (he just forgot and no-one caught it) or minorly (he was trying to set up mystery and did it really badly).
As I said earlier, you have to intuit what the Crusader Host were yourself, which is retarded, and he doesn't explain the huge lore-hole he created with Magnus' timing, everyone in the book treats it as perfectly logical, he doesn't put in any nods to the readers who will be WTF-ing at it.
I found it interesting that Wolf Hunt wraps up Severian and gives an explanation for Magnus. The cynic in me thinks at least the second of those was done to shut people up who were bitching (McNeil and BL were taking pelters for that from the fanbase until then).
>>
>>51513589
I actually liked the bolter porn.
>>
Reposted from other thread:

Should I start custodes or get another knight cerastus?

Custodes are $32 a pop right now and I could get plenty in time for inferno.

I may never actually play more than one knight in my entire lifetime but fuck they're cool
>>
>>51513751
Hey, that's fine. I only called it tedious because I recall it going on for so long and stretching out plot resolution. But considering half the book was designed to be a protracted city-fight, what else are you gonna do, you know? It was written well enough.
>>
>>51513803
It was indeed.

>tfw Erebus was pretty cool in Reynolds books
>>
>>51513693
Small squad of seekers or vets maybe. Just remember no fire points at all
>>
>>51513703

I think McNeil's problem is that he writes too much. Vengeful Spirit had the same issue that it has to many plot lines, so they get thinned and weakened. I feel that the Severian Plot Line was supposed to be in Outcast Dead, but the Novel was too long so they cut it out.
>>
>>51513820
To give him credit (we're harping on the bad an awful lot), I think the 2nd of those books was genuinely really good. That whole bit where they go into the underwater hulk was superb, and his characterisation was great, not just of the main three, but the minor chars as well.

>That bit where one of the WB gets cut off
>His sarge wants to go back for him and is pissed as fuck they can't
>The missing guy turns up at the evac and his sarge is then pleased as fuck
>Turns out the WB has been genestealer'd and has to commit seppuku
>They all treat it seriously and with respect and mourn the loss of a dedicated comrade

Great scene for chaos fags.
>>
>>51513838

>no fire points

Yea. I wouldn't think anything fancy would go in there. Just some sort of deterrence. Sniper vets would be an interesting choice. I was also thinking maybe a small terror squad.
>>
>>51513899
>genestealered
Made a thrall?
>>
File: IMG_3297.jpg (185KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3297.jpg
185KB, 640x961px
>>51513899
Remeber our buddy, and his gruesome fate in Torment.
>>
>>51513918
Genestealer ovipositors are in their mouths. And act like a syringe.
>>
>>51513918
He got implanted. If I'm remembering right, Marduk treats it like a religious desecration. It's quite a bro-tastic little sequence that works to the Word Bearers themes and plays entirely off character.
>>
>>51513912
Basically a back field unit to score or counter enemy deep strikers would be good definitely
>>
>>51498966
>>51507298
>>51498966
>over many a quaint and curious tome
Oh gee so subtle
>>
>>51513899
It was his blood brother who wanted to go back, not his sarge, iirc.
>>
>>51513899
Man that word bearers trilogy was a rather enjoyable read. It has made me almost start a WB army several times, but sadly the funding just isn't there
>>
>>51513965
Burias was too good for this world.

It's easier when you're just doing shorts and stuff, but Reynolds goes about having his characters appear in the Heresy the right way.
>>
>>51514046

Weird, I started a WB army but never bothered to pick up the Word Bearers omnibus.

It's good, then?
>>
>>51514005
This is the guy who canonically made Corax's last recorded words "Nevermore".
>>51514089
It was probably the best chaos series until the NL books. All kinds of stuff in it too.
>>
>>51514089
It's what got me into 40k, and is still some of my favorite 40k fiction.
>>
>>51514106
>>51514136

I remember seeing it in my local Indigo or whatever bookstore for so long, and I went a couple weeks ago and it was gone.

Guess I'll order it off of BL or something.
>>
>>51514089
If you play WB, it should be the next thing you read after the Book of Lorgar. It shows that whilst WB might like to pray and worship a lot, they are cruel AF and don't fuck around when the bullets start flying
>>
File: IW boner.png (49KB, 299x348px) Image search: [Google]
IW boner.png
49KB, 299x348px
>>51512319
>I would so so far as to say he fucking hates everything French has written about the IWs and is trying to retcon it whenever he can.
>>51512454
>Added to that, his Iron Warriors (in HH at least) are usually always the honourable hard-done-to types who aren't actually bad dudes
WTF I love McNeil now?
>>
>>51514106
>canonically never more
I think they just pick a random shitpost and include it somewhere to get the quote community fill
>>
File: yellow scars.jpg (35KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
yellow scars.jpg
35KB, 600x501px
>>51513064
I can feel him squinting at me
>>
>>51512564
Abnett: pacing. He always runs out of pages and rushes the end.

Swallow's good-guy characters are pretty bland. Amit was the only Blood Angel in Fear to Tread that didn't have the same personality as all the others. He writes horror well, though.

I'm a big fan of Wraight.

>>51512912
>Then there's his [McNeill's] ching chong me yellow man no speeke so good portrayal of Yesugei

Oh man, that was painful.
>>
File: 1337837990485.jpg (17KB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1337837990485.jpg
17KB, 220x242px
>>51512116

>>51512142
this

Once you decide on a legion take your time with it, shit is expensive and should be given the care and consideration it deserves, as each legion will play very differently, so decide what the core character of your army is (loyalist/traitor and parent legion) and get the stuff that is the most basic but makes the biggest impact to the models.

example I got into RG, and while I wanted Mor Deythans and Corax and all the other fun stuff, I do not regret at all making the first buy purely a bunch of weapons and shoulderpads and a pair of transfer sheets. Play small games to get a feel for your legion and then acquire toys to suit how you play them.

you can make non HW power armor bodies go a long way by magnetizing weapons at the trigger hand wrist, use 1/16x1/16 cylinder magnets

http://imgur.com/a/Licsj
>>
>>51514273
>slanty eyes and big buck teeth

When Prince Phillip start working at FW?
>>
>>51513986

My thoughts exactly. If I switch to a terror assault, I could take a minimum terror squad to chill in the back with the rhino.

My original plan was to infiltrate a blob of 20 tacticals with a Vigilator with a melta SS and MM+CF Contemptor podding down just to explode in their face. Then the termies teleport in later with a 10man tac pod in reserve.
>>
>>51514288
I know the Black Pariah think tends to overshadow talk of Nemesis, but Swallow's set up of that book to be a police procedural that instantly 90 degrees into body horror was pretty ace.
>>
>>51514288

what's yfw you realize that james swallow was the writer for both modern Deus Ex games?
>>
File: anonlearnsofthemeltabombfaq.jpg (36KB, 625x466px) Image search: [Google]
anonlearnsofthemeltabombfaq.jpg
36KB, 625x466px
>>51514383
sorry
>>
>>51514383

The original is the only Deus Ex game I like.
>>
File: IMG_4747.jpg (110KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4747.jpg
110KB, 360x540px
>>51514383
>>
>>51514337
>in May 1999 British newspapers accused Philip of insulting deaf children at a pop concert in Wales by saying, "No wonder you are deaf listening to this row."
True or not, I can't stop laughing at what this guys says.

>Spend too much time in the World Eater gladiator pits, and your chainaxes will end up being free :^)
>>
File: IMG_4565.png (567KB, 567x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4565.png
567KB, 567x752px
>>51514383
A
>>
File: IMG_4277.jpg (90KB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4277.jpg
90KB, 500x888px
>>51514383
B
>>
>>51514351
Yah thinking about it, NL have a viable option using the Damocles like fists and IW. Something among those lines sobs like a great start there. Looking forward to seeing a list with it
>>
>>51514383
C
>>
File: IMG_3372.jpg (19KB, 151x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3372.jpg
19KB, 151x262px
>>51514383
D
>>
File: delete everything.jpg (221KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
delete everything.jpg
221KB, 600x911px
>>51514484
Pls stop. Your spaghetti is showing.
>>
>>51514383
E
>>
>>51514436
>>51514454
>>51514470
>>51514484
>>51514501

For the love of fuck can you stop this spam please? If you want to complain, do it on the Discord with all the rest of the shitposters.
>>
>>51514459

Working on it now, actually.

The one thing I'm hung up on it what RoW to use, and frankly, I might skip it.
>>
>>51514507
>>51514507
>shitposters
I'll have you know we're a mudstacking anarcho-commune
>>
>>51514611
Points for Monty Python reference
>>
File: DSCN2455.jpg (832KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN2455.jpg
832KB, 1944x2592px
No.51513221

Forgiveness for the shit quality. My camera is on the fritz.
>>
>>51514704
Well, he should be from Sek-amrak, not from scotland, namely the Auro (golden?) Plateau, and they bore the Solus stellax (lone star).
>>
>>51514786

Mcneil is retconning that. No Decimation, no Sek-Amrak.
>>
>>51514507
theres not even that much shitposting
its mostly just off topic discussion
>>
>>51514813
>No Decimation, no Sek-Amrak.
Idk, I'd let go of those things, but Forrix saying "I'm from Scotland and Olympia is nice" doesn't quite means "No IW is from Second-America and the (((Decimation))) didn't happen :^) "
>>
>>51512106
This was not a recent development...
>>
>>51514786
Forrix is a miserable cunt who is notable for being the best non-Primarch builder and organiser of the outposts of an empire and whose contributions get overlooked, him being Scottish is not really surprise.
>>
>>51514704
>his name is xxxx
>he's not from straya

McNeil you fucking hack
>>
File: Kyr motherfucking Vhalen.jpg (130KB, 641x693px) Image search: [Google]
Kyr motherfucking Vhalen.jpg
130KB, 641x693px
>>51514868
>the best non-Primarch builder and organiser of the outposts of an empire
Hmm, feels as if you were describing someone else.
Most IW Warsmiths fit the bill, you know.
>>
>>51514704
By the way, who is Moreno?
>>
>>51514913

French created Vhalen. I wonder if McNeil's going to have his traitors kill Vhalen at some point just to prove his IWs are better than French's.
>>
>>51514921

Civilian administrator. Vashti is a Mechanicum Trechpriest.
>>
>>51514913
That nigger is clearly also a Scot, he's got a Glasgow smile. Probably a big old firm fan, he likes the bants.
>>
>>51514922
>Pertuabo really wrote up the HH so he could fantasise about killing his sub ordinates
>>
>>51513118
Wait what?

How'd you figure? Silhouette or general appearance or something?
>>
>>51514974

It's specifically mentioned in their unit entries?
>>
>>51513589
In book 3 of the WB series, he also forget that his anti-warp plot device (a huge feature of book 3 and mentioned in 1) stopped teleporting, then had the WBs teleport down to the objective because they couldn't get there any other way.

He literally forgot the plot of his book.
>>
>>51515013
Iirc, he didn't forget, as the device was turned off and they needed to escape, but were ordered to finish their mission or die.
>>
>>51515005
oh ok
>>
>>51515045
When they port back down to fight the awakened necron lord, the device is at max output
>>
>>51515114
Really? I need to check. I thought it was because it got turned off so the rest of the Astartes Praeses could arrive?

On a semi-related note, why weren't the Astartes Praeses in FoC?
>>
>>51514603
Often the armies I've seen make use of teleporting and deep striking with a damocles, can't easily use most RoWs, besides PotL maybe
>>
As a RG fan, I'm kind of sad that Thorpe attached himself to writing the Legion in 30k. Staying hopeful for the Corax book.
>>
>>51515147
Or the Divisio Telepathic Psi-Titans, or the varies Legios of Titans, or...

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what happened. When they get back down to the surface the Lord still has it in his chest compartment and it's still turned on. They have to fight through his Pariah guard to get it and lose a shit ton of Termies in the process.
>>
>>51515452
Telepathica*
>>
>>51514273
Racism aside, I dig these helmets from an aesthetic point of view.
>>
>>51515196

Yea, pride would be nice.

Here's where I am at the moment with 1680. I think this is a decent starting point. PotL would allow me to slip in an Apothecary or two, so I might do that.

Night Lords

>HQ
Vigilator
AA, Glaive, Retractor

Damocles Rhino

>Elite
Catapractii Terminators x5
Chainfist x5, Autocanon
Teleport

Tartaros Terminators x5
Pair Lightning Claws x4
Grenade Harness, Glaive
Teleport

Contemptor Dread
Multi Melta, Chainfist w/Melta

>Fast
Drop Pod
Drop Pod
Drop Pod

>Troops
Tactical Squad x20
CCW, AA+Glaive

Tactical Squad x10
CCW, AA+Glaive

Support Squad x5
Melta x5, AA+Glaive
>>
>>51514813
Bullshit. Not mentioning doesn't mean it didn't happen. You never hear the Salamanders talk about their journey into the center of the Earth, or Corax talk about Gate 42, or any of the Ultramarines mention the Osiran Psybirds. Characters are not obligated to namedrop events just to please your autism.
>>
>>51515147
>On a semi-related note, why weren't the Astartes Praeses in FoC?
They were. Remember that FoC is the end of the entire Eye of Terror campaign. Everything else happened already.
>>
File: Cassian Dracos' testimony.png (279KB, 355x372px) Image search: [Google]
Cassian Dracos' testimony.png
279KB, 355x372px
>>51515937
>You never hear the Salamanders talk about their journey into the center of the Earth
We do. But in another HH book, to be fair.
I agree with you that not mentioning something doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I do wish they namedropped events so that it pleases my autism.
>>
>>51516066
That's fair. I mean...I do too. Name dropping the historical stuff is cool.
>>
>>51515890
Hope those pods are claws firstly.

Also 5 chain fists it's over kill. Take 2 and regular fists. Combi melta might be more worth it. The combat weapons on support squad is also probably not with it as they should be shooting. If they're in combat, they're dead
>>
>losing another magnet to the horrid warp-space of the floor

REEEEEEE
>>
File: 1466083189466.jpg (51KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
1466083189466.jpg
51KB, 466x466px
What's good bond markings for Imperial Fists who served with White Scars and vice versa? I'm thinking Templar crosses for the Scars, but I've got no clue how for the Fists.
>>
>>51516281
Fists would have a citation in the Legionary's personnel file as well as some gifts and emblems they would keep in their quarters because Dorn wants uniformity.
>>
File: Insane WS posse.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Insane WS posse.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>51516281
>I've got no clue how for the Fists.
Because we've got nothing on the Scars as of yet, beyond the usual lightning.
So, what about the usual markings?
>>
File: Black templar HH.png (843KB, 730x648px) Image search: [Google]
Black templar HH.png
843KB, 730x648px
>>51516319
>Dorn wants uniformity.
Division is anathema, but if mere icons can divide you, then you're already broken inside.
>>
>>51516344
The white face is cool, but that's only for the suicide units. Could do some white for the 'face' of the helmets for a few, and maybe some thunderbolt images?

>>51516319
But what kind of emblems?
>>
>>51516281
Lightning bolts. The Fists are already big on them, crossed behind an eagle or clenched in a fist, though they're fluffed more as early GC or even pre-unity stuff. They'd probably be better vertical rather than horizontal to show them as WS-related.

Alternatively, you could draw horse motifs, give them runes (daubed on by a WS leader?), or barbarian-style pelts and fetishes. Though I already tend to allow that if the Fist is high-rank enough to be entitled to alter the uniform and happens to be from a tribal culture/planet.
>>
>>51516433
Inwit furs exhanged for Chogorian furs?
>>
>>51516459
What about falcons? WS love falconry, and Holy Roman Emperor Friedrick II popularized falconry in Europe.
>>
>>51516164

>Hope those pods are claws firstly.
Oh shit. That's right. I forgot they're not actually FA. Guess I have to go for a Terror Assault for this to work. That means dropping the support.

>Also 5 chain fists it's over kill. Take 2 and regular fists. Combi melta might be more worth it.
Makes sense.

>>51515196

Yea, pride would be nice.

Here's where I am with some quick changes to make a Terror Assault. It's not really what I had in mind, unfortunately because I was hoping to make use of some Pods combined with the scouting horde, and I don't have Volkite for the terror squads, which kinda sucks.

This should be 1815pts.

Night Lords - Terror Assault

>HQ
Praetor
Paragon Blade, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers.

Damocles Rhino

>Elite
Catapractii Terminators x5
Chainfist x2, PF x3, Combi-Melta x5
Teleport

Tartaros Terminators x5
Pair Lightning Claws x4
Grenade Harness, Glaive
Teleport

Contemptor Dread
Multi Melta, Chainfist w/Melta
Legion Drop Pod

>Troops
Terror Squad x10
Bolters, AA+ Glaive

Terror Squad x10
Bolters, AA+Glaive

Terror Squad x5
Bolters, AA+Glaive
(in rhino)
>>
>>51516696
Looking ok. Sadly dreads can only get dread drop pods so no go on regular if you were trying that.

Double claws on tartaros is expensive, claw+ volkite is actually better some found, plus overwatch capable.
>>
>>51516583
Nice, I can steal from a Torq mini for my Praetor.
>>
>>51516280
Ever thought about sweeping a piece of metal over your floor to magnetically find it ?
>>
>>51516841
>Looking ok. Sadly dreads can only get dread drop pods so no go on regular if you were trying that.

Fuck. I saw the words "Legion" and "Drop Pod" and my brain apparently skipped the middle. Fug. Anything that lets me take a Pod won't let me have boots on the ground, and things that let me take boots on the ground won't let me take pods. More exploring then.

The vision in going for is a bunch of batmans bursting from the shadows while pods rain from the sky followed by a second wave of terminators to stamp out all hope of retreat. It feels very NL, but I'm not sure how to turn it into a list, you know?

> Double claws on tartaros is expensive, claw+ volkite is actually better some found, plus overwatch capable.

I only have the one Volkite that came with BoP unfortunately, though my concern with Volkite on them is potentially removing too many models and dropping out of charge range.
>>
>>51517085
Problem is guessing which direction it rolled and if it's under a cabinet.
>>
>>51517104
If your sticking to only plastic then life writing a list like you described will be hard. It's doable with terror assault I bet you, but you'll want weapon packs for volkite and other support units.
>>
How many troops per points level?
>>
>>51516344
>FILTHY XENO PIGGU GO HOME
>>
>>51517150
Ideally, yea I'd like to stick to plastic because with shipping, I'm pushing $20 for a weapons pack, which is kinda pricey.
At this point, it's probably unavoidable.
>>
File: 1482696407311.jpg (371KB, 1920x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1482696407311.jpg
371KB, 1920x1047px
Saturday cannot arrive fast enough
>>
>>51517287
Wot chap is that?
>>
>>51517316
The Brotherhood Nikolaos fighting against the Yule Tide
>>
>>51517254
Ebay is your friend, anon, trust in Ebay-senpai.
>>
File: Dontforgetdippingsauce.png (683KB, 446x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Dontforgetdippingsauce.png
683KB, 446x1002px
GW announces that the next book will introduce every xenos race. They all have access to what they have in 40k, with slight tweaks.

Does the game shit itself as bad as 40k, or do the better rules help. Also does the community disappear overnight?
>>
>>51517254
ordering with people for free shipping if you have the ability really helps. It's not that hard to hit the free shipping minimum sometimes
>>
>>51517462
Yes and yes.
>>
>>51517287
>>51517362
Typical Astartes propaganda art. The 12th Pieten Blacks were instrumental in the campaign against the Yule Tide, taking appalling casualties and holding the line to act as the anvil for the Brotherhood of Nikolaos' hammer blow.

But because they were just PDF nobody remembers their bravery or sacrifices. Very sad.
>>
File: perturabo.jpg (203KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
perturabo.jpg
203KB, 535x464px
>>51517462
GARLIC BREAD!!??
>>
>>51517521
Thankfully a single company of the Galactic Partridges arrived in their Battlecruiser "Pear Tree" to save the day.
>>
>>51517534
Not for you, Perty, you barely fit on your armour as it is.

You fat fuck
>>
>>51517438

Been scouring and haven't had much luck. The best one I found was awhile ago that someone noted was a poor recast because of how shiny it was.

On a whim, I found a set for $10 after shipping, but it's definitely recast out of HK. I guess we'll see.

Also, how do the weapon packs work on termies? The hands don't look big enough.

>>51517468

Truth be told, it's really just me. Everyone else is 40k, but I don't feel like the new TL rules are a good representation of the Batmans. That's also part of the reason why I'd like to use as much plastic as possible. Nothing against FW personally. It's just that I'd like to sorta make it not feel totally out of place in 40k.

The other issue is that we can't order it through our shop, which means it's not supporting them. 260GBP is like $330 that could have been spent supporting a shop owner worth supporting.
>>
>>51517590
Eh, the TL rules are alright. You'd be handicapping yourself more using 30k rule set I feel at the points you would play against 40k likely. Also limiting to plastics will just make it worse sadly.
>>
>>51517590
I was thinking more about just buying piles of Volkite Chargers from bitz sellers. Not sure how expensive that would get, though or if they'd cut you a bulk deal if you contacted them.
>>
Fact: Iron Fathers are the most powerful Praetors in the galaxy.
>>
File: Tu'Shan_happy.jpg (56KB, 361x477px) Image search: [Google]
Tu'Shan_happy.jpg
56KB, 361x477px
>>51517725
>Doesn't have Eternal Warrior to go with his 2+/3++ T5 Move Through Cover Jetbike
Them cyberplebs. Go steal someone else's catchphrase or something.
>>
File: 20160203_194034[1].jpg (157KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160203_194034[1].jpg
157KB, 1600x900px
>>51517725
I heard you talking shit like I wouldnt hear.
>>
>>51517590
If you want to play 30k with nothing but plastics then do a drop pod heavy Terror Assault list with a bunch of infiltrating Terror Squads supported by drop podding Tactical Support squads or Veterans/Seekers.
>>
>>51517725
Fact: Word Bearers beat Daemons into submission, the force them to drive, pilot, and take command of guns on their vehicles.

Word Bearers have pet Land Raiders.
>>
>>51517687

Maybe, idk. Most bits dwellers have them up one at a time for bid, which is frustrating.

>>51517680

We're not particularly competitive. Still, I feel that the NL rules are crippled by the poor CSM Codex. Army wide stealth is great, and -2 fear would be nice if it mattered. However, the ones you want to use it on are immune, and the ones that aren't are generally WS3 and/or are terrible in combat anyway. It's nice against Eldar, though.

That being said, they don't feel like NL. I can't be sneaky/infiltrate, don't get bonuses to combat (the Decurion rerolls charges at least), and we don't have any shock tactics like Pods. All that is more of a core problem, though.

>>51517768

Only Tacticals Squads, Vet Squads, and Terror Squads get pods in a Terror Assault, which is why I cut the Support squad from my second list.
>>
>>51517811

>Primarch is a nancy boy who gets beat up and bullied by all the others
>Think they make anyone, let alone daemons, submit to them

Bet they pray to them and say 'pretty please' until they possess their vehicles.
>>
>>51517744
>jetbike
>>
>>51517822
Email them, tell them you need a dozen and ask if they can set up a one click deal.

You lose nothing by trying.
>>
>>51517822
Then it's a matter of playing with lists for a while until you develop something to your liking. You're still capable of sneaky terror squads, who can outflank remember from infiltrate, poding vets and tacs, and teleporting termies.

Vets have the power to be very versatile in what they're made to do and there's always the poor man's plastic dreadclaw conversions if you need one.
>>
File: IMG_3388.png (222KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3388.png
222KB, 480x480px
>>51517870
Roboute, have you lost your temper?
>>
File: ultramarine screeching.jpg (13KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
ultramarine screeching.jpg
13KB, 310x163px
>>51517986
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Sad is the day when a single anon has opposing reaction folders for the sake of samefagging such as the above
>>
File: rekt.png (519KB, 691x723px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
519KB, 691x723px
>>51518011
Incorrect.
>>
File: IMG_3398.png (2MB, 1041x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3398.png
2MB, 1041x924px
>>51517997
Roboute, you have lost your temper.

>>51518011
I am not samefagging.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (43KB, 150x326px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
43KB, 150x326px
>>51518043
I-I've lost everything...

Except my towering intellect, physical perfection, my own star-spanning empire and my hegemonic control of my father's, my personal army of fanatically loyal super soldiers, and the undying love and devotion of the people of the Imperium.

HOW WILL I EVER RECOVER!?
>>
I'm participating in a narrative tournament coming up next month along with 5 other guys, loyalist vs traitor obviously, and I a list rating. The first round is 3k points, uses Extermination game rules and I'm playing against a Sons of Horus list, I've heard he prefers the Orbital Assault rite of war or just really really like drop pods. Primarchs and Lords of War aren't allowed this early into the narrative, so this is what I have. Running Imperial Fist, Age of Darkness with Pride of the Legion

>HQ
Preator
terminator armor, paragon blade, digital lasers, iron halo

>Elites
Contemptor-Mortis Dreads x3
All 3 have kheres assault guns.

>Troops
Veteran Tacts x2
Both have +5 vets, vexillas, heavy bolter and missles. Sergs with power fist and srtificer armor. Dedicated transport are rhinos with dozers and heavy bolters

Terminators
+4 termies with power and chain fists mixed in, the sergeant has a sol ppower gauntlet. They're in a fixed up spartan.

>Heavy Support
Predator Squadron
3 identical preds with lascannons, executioner plasma cannons, and machine spirit.

Deredeo Dread with aiolos missle launcher.

Fire Raptor Gunship

3k exactly. The dreads are to intercept and drop pods bearing down on me as well as any flyers. It helps that they are all ranged monsters. The vets are mid field control and a line that'd have to be crossed to reach my dreads, don't know if I should put them in reserves to use their Outflank. The Preator/termies and Spartan will engage up any deathstar or vehicle they come across, I'm still debating on their load out, I do love sigil storm shields. I'm adding the preds because I run these regularly without the lascannons and they've been reliable AF. I'm afraid the cannons will draw to much attention for them but I needed to fill out some points. And finally I just received the Fire Raptor, haven't played with one yet but I like what I see on paper at least. It's job is to target any fliers or add firepower to multiple units if necessary.
>>
File: WEDropPodsPtd1.JPG.jpg (477KB, 1600x1028px) Image search: [Google]
WEDropPodsPtd1.JPG.jpg
477KB, 1600x1028px
>>51517928

Yea, I'll try it out, though my expectations are pretty low. $2/each after shipping is FW price, and its dumb to go over that imho.

>>51517963

Yea. Vets are definitely solid. Funny enough, I was actually looking at combi weapons on ebay before you posted. Podding combi-vets would do the same thing as a support squad.

The real issue is the points sink of needing three Terror squads.

I actually have 2 drop pods I haven't assembled yet that I was thinking about converting into pic related. If they weren't forced to take possession in 40k, I think I would've done it.
>>
File: Eitholchin_Heavy_Support_Squad.jpg (73KB, 720x583px) Image search: [Google]
Eitholchin_Heavy_Support_Squad.jpg
73KB, 720x583px
I'm looking to get a second BaC for some more Tac Squads. However, since each one comes with 3 of each special weapon, I'd also have the bits for some support units. I know I'd like at least a 5-man Plasma Gun Support Squad. Would it be worthwhile to outfit other 5 man squads with Meltas, Missile Launchers, and/or the Heavy Bolters?
>>
>>51518152

>attempt to make menacing trademark World Eaters logo
>make a cute little Earth ball with pokedot eyeballs and wrap it in armor instead

wow so threatening
>>
>>51518165

Kit according to your Legion, not according to your tastes. What Legion are you?
>>
>>51518206
EC. Also, with a bit of work, I can probably modify the Heavy Bolters into AC's if that's a better option.
>>
>>51518206
>Kit according to your Legion, not according to your tastes.

This is bad and you should feel bad.

>>51518165
Support Squads and Heavy Support Squads are generally pretty expensive for what they do, but 5 or 10 plasma guns WILL kill shit (unless they all roll ones). Meltas probably aren't worth it unless you're Salamanders running Covenant of Fire for Master-Crafted.

Missile Launchers--meh.

Heavy Bolters--meh.

Autocannons are probably the most versatile of the HSS weapons.
>>
File: hqdefault(4).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(4).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>51518172

Thankfully, that's not mine. Mine will be covered in lightning REAL LIGHTNING[/SPOILER], though I do want to get some NL icons.

Actually, a Dreadclaw covered in charred corpses/skeletons might be pretty neat. Maybe impale them on the tertiary claws. Fuck, why do the official DCs have to cost so goddamn much?
>>
File: 1485306048850.png (973KB, 601x566px) Image search: [Google]
1485306048850.png
973KB, 601x566px
>>51518398

Note to self: caps lock breaks /Spoiker tags.
>>
>>51518257

>Support Squads and Heavy Support Squads are generally pretty expensive for what they do

Unfortunately, they're really the only means by which players who haven't bought their FW tanks can combat players who have at monetary affordable costs (with the other option being to simply run termies with chainfists into the other guy's face and hope everything turns out well).
>>
>>51518525
I just wanted a missile launcher squad and with a scorpius and 2 predators, I didn't have much room for any fancy ass FW tanks. Wouldn't mind some laser vindicators, but not a fan of the sicaran.
>>
>>51518152

This conversion is so ugly. There needs to be a way to shave the pod frame down so the top is more narrow. If I were a CSM player and didn't want to get an actual resin claw I'd just do without and have a shittier list, since I can't stand that conversion.
>>
>>51518604
This.

I'm amazed no 3rd party hasn't jumped on the opportunity to make a dreadclaw conversion. All they'd really need is some insert into the bottom with a hatch and some thrusters and cutters, and 5 legs that attach to the doors.
>>
>>51518604

That's another reason why I haven't put them together yet.

Alright.

Alright.

Fuck. I think I'm about to impulse buy a recast dreadclaw for $43 just to have it. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Someone help.
>>
>>51518525
>Unfortunately, they're really the only means by which players who haven't bought their FW tanks can combat players who have at monetary affordable costs
Is this entirely true, since the most "game-changing" stuff from FW ususally has flare shields (Spartans and above) or has an invuln save (beastly dreadnoughts)?
>>
>>51518639
Does any recaster sell just the resin bits without the pods?
>>
File: IMG_20170201_200550.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170201_200550.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
just "finished" my world eaters list for now, so uh...dubs pick my (next) legion?

preferably one that I can do with 40 mk3 marines and 10 tartaros. or 10 custodes.
>>
>>51518669
Iron Warriors or Death Guard. Convert the Tartoros to Death Shroud.
>>
>>51518669
Death Guard
>>
>>51518669
Space Wolves
>>
File: greetings traitor.jpg (47KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
greetings traitor.jpg
47KB, 601x500px
>>51518669
They're very nice.
My traitor side's head belongs to the bitter boys, but its heart belongs to the BLOOOOD GOOOD.

If you'd be interested, I think you could take an interesting slant on the VIIth legion, one whose subtleties are usually overlooked by those who see in them only a de-Romanised version of the Ultramarines.
>>
>>51518669
Blood Angels
>>
>>51518708
thanks man, my first 30k legion was actually a 2500 list of iron imperial fists
>>
File: $_1.JPG.jpg (26KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.JPG.jpg
26KB, 400x300px
>>51518661

No idea. This will be my first experience with a recaster, and frankly I'm a little terrified. Pic related.

>>51518669

Night Lords.

Two squads of 20 tacticals that get +1 hit/wound for out numbering will mulch just about anything.

That same bonus applies to the Tarts who can sweep and count as two models. Don't forget, they can take Teleporters!

Best of all, those custodes will make for excellent decoration, and the halbards can make some cool Chainglaives with a little creativity.
>>
>>51518669
Blood Angels.
>>
>>51518669
Blood Angels, or Salamanders
>>
>>51518669
Traitor Blood Angels.
>>
>>51513479
Meanwhile John French is clammy clammy clam clam clammy. Must have had a terribly weird childhood.
>>
File: wall building senpai.png (188KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
wall building senpai.png
188KB, 334x334px
>>51518753
Oh, it's you. I find it funny how people give you shit over them, when they don't look like Iron Warriors very much at a distance and even less up close. Perfectly acceptable within the fluff, visually interesting scheme IRL (well painted too).

I'd recommend Sons of Horus then, and if you feel like giving them a different take too, that would be nice.
Most SOH schemes I have seen trend towards being too muted or drab in the green, or overly darkened by the black. If I were doing them, I'd try and get a metallic bottle green in that "candy" style people like so much on the Thousand Sons.
>>
>>51518669
Join the clan, KA
Loyalist IW.
>>
>>51518669
Ultramarines
>>
>>51518866
Oh god what have I done.
>>
>>51513064
The broken English speaking pattern came across more like a bad Tonto-Lone Ranger 50's style TV Indian "How Kimo Sabe" than a "no tickee, no shirtee" 70's chink. Just my opinion.
>>
File: Page84.jpg (2MB, 2595x3624px) Image search: [Google]
Page84.jpg
2MB, 2595x3624px
>>51518884

Nothing. There's a lack of Ultra armies here. Which is a shame, as shitposting aside, they're a solid and interesting legion and well worth collecting.

And there's plenty of customization you could do, from a 4th Chapter 'Auroran' armoured force to a 22nd Chapter 'Nemesis' Destroyer force.
>>
File: Page85.jpg (1MB, 2595x3624px) Image search: [Google]
Page85.jpg
1MB, 2595x3624px
>>51518925
>>
File: For_The_Emperor.jpg (117KB, 412x802px) Image search: [Google]
For_The_Emperor.jpg
117KB, 412x802px
>>51518925
>>51518992
As a side note, is there an iconograpghy list like these for the Emperor's Children? Has it been introduced in any of the books yet, if at all?
>>
File: Page152.jpg (2MB, 2618x3556px) Image search: [Google]
Page152.jpg
2MB, 2618x3556px
>>51519104

Nope. Nor has there been one for the WEs. The Death Guard and Sons of Horus got one in Conquest, but we'll have to wait for the next book with the ECs in it before we get something new for them.
>>
>>51519141
Why do SoH always look like they are rolling their eyes?
>>
>>51519141
Well shit. I've been trying to think of shoulder iconography to use besides numerals, the #3, and the very few winged symbols I can modify into EC icons.
>>
>>51518146
Any help? First time I'll be playing in a tourny and I want to win.
>>
Should I get a Spartan, Sicaran or Knight as my first big toy for my Deathguard? Currently the army is just variant marines, bikes and rhinos.
>>
>>51519401

Spartan would be a great centrepiece, and useful for carrying Termies or Morty.
>>
>>51519171
You try being surround by inferior plebs.

ugh...
>>
File: IMG_1810.jpg (66KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1810.jpg
66KB, 600x596px
Well got my jetbikes. Are the normal fast attack or the heavy support bikes better? I feel like 3 plasma cannons on a fast relentless platform is pretty sweet but I haven't played them yet
>>
>>51519401
Boyz before toyz.
Spartan is both a boyz-delivery system and a decent toy in its own right, so go for it.

What kind of knight were you considering, a plastic one?

And not aimed at you, but how would anyone who uses Sicarans (and Venators) rate them vis a vis their main competitors for points and the HS slot?

I'm wondering if I should aim for a Lord of War before I've fit one of those into my lists.
>>
>>51519410
>>51519436
Sounds like its gonna be a Spartan!

Knight would have been plastic yeah, I actually have no idea whether that kit is 30k compatible. :S
>>
I just realized in never put my knife+pistol on the MKIV NL I did up, and now I'm putting together a MKIII to test. Where the shit do these Chainswords go? The back of the belt?
>>
What do you guys think of those leather pteruges and parchment tabards that come in the MkIV/40k tactical squad boxes respectively?

The 40k tabards never really clicked with me because I've never thought they looked as if they fit properly onto the model and I never felt it worth it to try.
However, I do like the idea of leather pteruges, so what are your experiences with either of these pieces?
>>
File: world eater health crisis.jpg (226KB, 592x552px) Image search: [Google]
world eater health crisis.jpg
226KB, 592x552px
>>51519742
Yup, right upon the buttocks.

I love, LOVE... moist chainswords!

They feel so GLORIOUS on my sweet ass!
>>
>>51519780

I kek'd

So, I am either using my MkIIIs as vets or Terror squads. How should I doll them up? I figured they have a lot of empty space on the armor for shit.
>>
File: filename-thread.gif (998KB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
filename-thread.gif
998KB, 245x187px
>>51519780
>>
>>51515405
I liked Weregeld. Granted, Thorpe's bad when writing in novel detail, but he did a good job in rounding about both the Ravens' and Dark Angels' story arcs.
>>
>>51519808
Skulls, and if you're creative with green stuff, strips of flayed flesh.

There's about three things you can do with GS to make flayings, depending on your skill level:

>faces: Depending how distorted you want them, this one requires the most skill
>"patchwork quilt": If your GS' thin layers look blocky and disjointed, you can remedy that by using a knife and/or manipulator to make it look like they've been sewn together, and vary the skin tones along with raw, bloody seams to complete the look
>lastly you can go for just single pieces of flesh off of one victim. Tattoos that happened to exist on the victim would be a fluffy reason for the NL taking a shine to them.
And you can always make up for any lack of smoothness on your GS by saying that the skin is dried out or leathery, painting it less "freshly" to make that look true.

Personally, I don't mind the barebones look on the Night Lords. I think they look quite "vivid" enough with just the lightning bolt storm effects on the armour, with the 2spooky helmet variants being perhaps the most beneficial of all the legions IMO.
>>
>>51519959

I have zero skill with GS. We share a mutual hatred apparently.

I like the barebones look, too. I was just wondering how to differentiate the Terror Squads. Batman heads maybe. I do love the ridiculous old upgrade set.

Pic related is pretty sweet. I do like the skull paint on the MkIII a little more than the MKVI, though I just like the MkIII helm period.
>>
>>51518856
>they don't look like Iron Warriors
pffpbhfpht
>visually interesting scheme IRL
ehehehheehe
>(well painted too)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: opinion man.jpg (100KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
opinion man.jpg
100KB, 300x300px
>>51520022
That is very nice.
That model was decent in itself but ripe for conversions. Always glad to see one I'd not seen before pop up.

>>51520036
>>they don't look like Iron Warriors
They literally don't. The metal is too drab and there isn't enough black-and-yellow mix to confuse it with Iron Warriors at anything but from a distance, which isn't even possible with the vehicles.

>>visually interesting scheme IRL
I said interesting, not "appealing", which is subjective.

>>(well painted too)
How many Golden Demons have you won, eh?
What's your objective criticism of the scheme and its implementation besides "stop liking what I don't like"?
>>
>>51520085

The only thing I dislike is the eagle on the torso. I'd go full Talos and cut it up or fail miserably at turning it into a Death Bat, I mean NL symbol.
>>
>>51520085
His Iron Fists used to be bronze but we nagged him enough to paint them yellow. His problem is being incredibly lazy when it comes to painting.
>>
>>51520272
I see.

The pic that was posted has sufficient amounts of yellow for my tastes desu.
>>
>>51520282
You're viewing them from a distance but they're at least yellow now. Lazy fuck picked Imperial Fists but used a scheme from before Dorn was made just because he could speed paint them with boltgun metal and nuln oil.
>>
>>51520085
They're literally a couple of black stripes away from being an IW color scheme.

Have you ever seen his models up close? The yellow is barely opaque, it's not within the lines in many places and the metal is nothing but a basecoat and a wash, which looks awful on flat surfaces.
The "objective" baseline of painting should at least be Duncan's tutorial on GW's Youtube page. If you can't follow something as simple as that, you're a lazy cunt and your minis will look like shit.
>>
>>51520085
Ah yes, the "You have to be a 5-star chef to know someone took a dump on your plate" arguement.
>>
>>51520466
Strawman.

Going by your parameters, you're no different than someone who goes to a sushi restaurant and complains about the food being undercooked.
>>
File: soulblaze it every day.jpg (176KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
soulblaze it every day.jpg
176KB, 601x500px
Inverting this perennial autism-magnet, has there ever been anyone who painted "Iron Warriors" with a sufficiently different colour scheme to be viewed askance?
>>
>>51520496
It'd be more similiar to going to a sushi restaurant and your food is a still living fish with unboiled rice poured over it.
>>
Anyone in the mood to give me some power rankings as to the effectiveness of the various non-SM specific super-heavy? shit like the crassus, macharius etc
>>
File: Reavers.jpg (188KB, 682x756px) Image search: [Google]
Reavers.jpg
188KB, 682x756px
SoH Reaver guy here.
I'll be magnetising backpacks and eventually jump packs so I can deploy them in as many ways as possible, but I'll leave the equipment they get so I'm trying for a flexible but obviously assault role.
Most of them will get chainaxes and Volkite chargers and the rest power or special weapons, in regard to which: Should I keep the power and special weapons on as few models as possible, or should I spread them out as much as I can? I can see both the pros and cons of going either way, but I'm not experienced with the gameplay yet.
>>
File: skullbane 1.png (902KB, 578x630px) Image search: [Google]
skullbane 1.png
902KB, 578x630px
Comments/criticism of my World Eater list?

Rite of War: The Crimson Path

HQ
Praetor, PF, Meteor Hammer, Digi Lasers, Iron Halo 175

Master of Signals, Artificer Armour, Meltabombs 110

TROOPS
20-man assault squad, 3 power axes, chainaxes, artificer armour, meltabombs on the sarge 350

10-man tactical squad, swap bolters for chainaxes (free), artificer armour, meltabombs on sarge 140
Rhino with dozer blade, extra TL bolter 45

10-man tactical support squad, 10 volkite calivers, artificer armour 235

5-man Recon squad, 4 sniper rifles, recon armour, chameleoline, nuncio vox 155

ELITES
9-man veteran squad, Vexilla, 4 power weapons (1 axe, 3 swords) chainaxes, Power fist & artificer armour 223
Rhino with dozer blade, extra TL bolter 45

1 Contemptor-cortus dread, Kheres ass cannon 155

HEAVY SUPPORT
Deredeo, Anvillus ACs, Missile Launcher 220

Praetor rides with the veterans in the rhino, MoS sits with support marines boosting them to BS 5, recon squad infiltrates and hopes to survive until the big assault squad can deepstrike into the enemy deployment zone. I know I lack ranged anti-tank, but I own all the models for this list (and I'm not exactly a tournament player).

Pic related, it's my Praetor, which is why he has a Meteor Hammer even though it has sup-par rules.
>>
>>51520642
Actually, to settle this once and for all, it's more like you go to a fancy restaurant and order well-done steak, but then flip your shit because outside the window you can see a guy getting sushi from the sushi restaurant.
>>
>>51520671
>implying his paintjobs are even close to sushi

He's eating from the garbage bin.
>>
>>51520683
I don't like the blatant kitbash of 40k Berzerkers, but his WE paintjob is well done.
>>
>>51520702
>well done

Fuck off Angron, he hasn't even painted all his minis. Just sprayed them white and washed them before struggling to paint blue. He's still below tabletop standard.
>>
>>51520712
all the metallics and other weapons are done, as are the eyes etc
stop being autistic hobby police flim-famalam
>>
This fucker took 2 hours to build between shaving/smoothing lines and letting glue dry.

Modeling CCW, BP, and Bolter sorta feels cluttered.
>>
File: IMG_20170202_055826.jpg (33KB, 440x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_055826.jpg
33KB, 440x452px
>>51520734
Fuck me.
>>
>>51520712
>at least three colours
His army is tabletop standard as fuck.
>still having arguments about KA
Never change. He is neither a namefag nor a tripfag, yet makes half the thread about him.
>>
File: things i dislike.jpg (197KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
things i dislike.jpg
197KB, 1800x1578px
>>51520712
>below tabletop standard.
Absolutely delusional.

Try and make sure your head is above your anus, critic-anon.

>>51520745
>yet makes half the thread about him.
Apart from him posting his pictures, the lowering of the tone of these threads into muckslinging territory is entirely the responsibility of those who consistently start arguments about it.
>>
>>51520727
The weapons on his Red Butchers are not finished. His painting is subpar but we still love him.
>>51520745
We love him unlike AngryWhiteGuy who is a cancer that should be banned.
>>
File: wut-deal-wit.jpg (21KB, 660x503px) Image search: [Google]
wut-deal-wit.jpg
21KB, 660x503px
Why isn't there an option for combi-bolters on PA models?
Why are terminator and PA combi-weapons different?
>>
>>51520745
>>51520773
going to agree that KA is aight

awful painter, but aight
>>
File: sarum.png (253KB, 285x410px) Image search: [Google]
sarum.png
253KB, 285x410px
>>51520771
I agree. I can't wait until I actually paint and post my unit with various "prototype", "sub-pattern" and "Sarum" SoH armour variants mixed across models to trigger the Ironfire autism meltdown.
>>
File: night browser.jpg (104KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
night browser.jpg
104KB, 406x364px
>>51520820
Remind me what PA means again?
>>
>>51520843
It's not terminator, artificer nor scout armour.
>>
>>51520850
Ah yes, party-attired, for formal space marine dinner-date occasions.

It makes sense in my mind because in 30k twin-linked bolters are two regular bolters strapped together, which is too heavy and awkward for power-armoured marines to hold, whereas combi-weapons are like one-shot underslung grenade launchers of IRL guns. Later storm bolters probably have some sacrifice or redesign done to make them easier to wield, like recoil dampeners, or shorter, one-piece barrels, too. Possibly lowered caliber or velocity too, to maximise dakka at the expense of some of the accuracy of the TL-bolters.

A question I've wondered about is with regards to the 40k/IA stuff that you can technically bring into 30k, if the "storm bolter" option for those tanks changes into "twin-linked bolter" in 30k?
>>
>>51520892
>the 40k/IA stuff that you can technically bring into 30k
No such thing
>>
>>51520850
>If Baggins loses, we eats it whole.
>>
>>51520892
Don't think anything you can bring (especially with the revised version of that rule) can actually have a storm bolter - it's not normally an option for guard tanks

Actually, I know that rule got constrained for the muhreens, did that hit the admech too?
Seeing as they make random shit all the time and all.

>>51520898
You're an ass, but technically correct. Does that make you the Dorn of this discussion?
>>
>>51520892
But CSM get combi-bolters for PA dudes. 30k marines confirmed to be inferior in strength?

>combi-weapons are like one-shot underslung grenade launchers of IRL guns

But the terminator combi-bolter is just the regular combi-bolter with the other bolter replaced with a special weapon. Why can't they use the same combi-weapons as PA marines do and save on having to invent a whole new weapon?

>Later storm bolters probably have some sacrifice or redesign done to make them easier to wield, like recoil dampeners, or shorter, one-piece barrels, too. Possibly lowered caliber or velocity too, to maximise dakka at the expense of some of the accuracy of the TL-bolters.

In the old days storm bolter was just a nickname for the combi-bolter. And seeing that storm bolters are .75 caliber and tigrus is .60 caliber and phobos is .70 caliber, the lower caliber idea doesn't hold up.

>A question I've wondered about is with regards to the 40k/IA stuff that you can technically bring into 30k, if the "storm bolter" option for those tanks changes into "twin-linked bolter" in 30k?

Well, the CSM vehicle combi-bolter and SM vehicle storm bolter aren't that different, and the fact that underneath the cover the SM combi-bolter looks like a pair of Godwyns, it does seem to fit the bill. IG vehicle storm bolters are even more like two bolters, only connected to one another by the trigger.
>>
File: ONE GUESS.jpg (170KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
ONE GUESS.jpg
170KB, 600x849px
>>51520898
Page 10 of the newest book.

>>51520910
>What have I got in my pocket?

>>51520935
>You're an ass, but technically correct
I don't see how he is correct in any sense, he's just being a contrarian sperg, which makes him the Perturabo of this discussion.
>>
>>51520935
>it's not normally an option for guard tanks
The superheavies list them?

>>51520947
>But the terminator combi-bolter is just the regular combi-bolter with the other bolter replaced with a special weapon. Why can't they use the same combi-weapons as PA marines do and save on having to invent a whole new weapon?
Well, that's what it looks like on the models, and it would make sense for a termie to be able to lug two weapons' worth one-handed, but functionally in-game the termie combi-weapons run off the same "disposable" design principle as the others.

>And seeing that storm bolters are .75 caliber and tigrus is .60 caliber and phobos is .70 caliber, the lower caliber idea doesn't hold up.
It's a question of velocity, recoil, and rate of fire to match the abstraction of the unit stats. Not saying that it entirely makes sense for the rules to be different for such extremely similar weapons, but if we look at real life examples, modern standard issue "rifles" use .223 caliber, while "submachine guns" of the WW2 era used .45.

>Well, the CSM vehicle combi-bolter and SM vehicle storm bolter aren't that different, and the fact that underneath the cover the SM combi-bolter looks like a pair of Godwyns, it does seem to fit the bill. IG vehicle storm bolters are even more like two bolters, only connected to one another by the trigger.
Yes, I know it's one of those things like pauldrons and scale that isn't consistent, I was more wondering about the practicality of the rule in 30k, whether super-heavies "ported" to 30k continue to use the storm-bolter profile or just switch to twin-linked bolter all of a sudden.
>>
>>51520935
Admech rule for FW toys is less constrained IIRC, you can still take the Malcador Infernus from IA: Apoc but it uses the slightly weaker stats there, for instance, which makes no sense because we build the things and shouldn't have the poorly maintained versions, but whatever. Personally I just use it to load up a Baneblade sometimes.

>>51521009
Personally I'd think it remains a Storm Bolter, not like it's that unknown for a weapon to be tweaked a little and the difference is pretty much academic on something that big anyway.
>>
File: Using other imperial units.jpg (289KB, 1476x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Using other imperial units.jpg
289KB, 1476x1176px
>>51520955
Depends how you look at it - pic related was the old rule, which sounds like what anon meant by referring to "the 40k/IA stuff you can technically bring in 30k" and mentioning that some of it can take a storm bolter.

The new rule specifically lists the options - meaning it's not random IA stuff you can technically take.
And I don't think any on the list can take a storm bolter in any case - the casemate tanks only have heavy bolters, and the crassus/malcs/machariuses all use stubbers
>>
28 hours until we get everything xlkfjeflkehjfklehc ejhgfJGNe.gnleNEJ;eogj; 3POITU ;gjkgEN3IW OTJ'AGKNAM'KDG
>>
>>51521085
The Baneblade can have storm bolters, this I know, for the CODEX ASTARTES tells me so...
>>
File: wip001.jpg (131KB, 877x451px) Image search: [Google]
wip001.jpg
131KB, 877x451px
This will be a bitch to do.
>>
>>51521129
Yup.
Good luck.

I might have imagined that cutting up a Mk4 or CSM helmet might have been easier though?
>>
>>51521009
>it would make sense for a termie to be able to lug two weapons' worth one-handed

It doesn't make sense to make two weapons that are identical in function. Tigrus pattern has a combi-weapon for PA and terminator and they're the same. Why? Put a drum mag on the PA model and it'll work just as well for the terminator.

>It's a question of velocity, recoil, and rate of fire to match the abstraction of the unit stats.

Unless you can find mentions of .75 caliber bolters having shittier stats, it would stand to reason they're all pretty much equal.

>modern standard issue "rifles" use .223 caliber, while "submachine guns" of the WW2 era used .45.

Now you just have to show us how the smaller caliber bolts have a much bigger casing than the larger caliber ones.
>>
>>51520576
lotta people paint their IW so dark as to be pretty much indistinguishable from IH at a distance.
>>
>>51521166
>Unless you can find mentions of .75 caliber bolters having shittier stats, it would stand to reason they're all pretty much equal.
With trade-offs in other respects relative to smaller-caliber bolters that render them S4 AP5 in game terms. Recoil, dexterity, rate of fire, all that jazz. I was never talking about shittier stats, I was talking about fluff reasons for why the combi-bolter could be "two bolter mechanisms side by side" but still have slightly different stats to the storm bolter that operated on the same principle - having more accurate fire versus putting out larger quantities of fire, for example.

>Now you just have to show us how the smaller caliber bolts have a much bigger casing than the larger caliber ones.
I'm sorry but I don't understand. It's late here, but if you think I'm referring to how the models actually look, I most definitely am not using them as concrete examples of how you could design the ergonomics of the same gun(s) to produce different results.

>>51521199
I find that hard to fathom.
Especially since the IH are supposed to be actually black-armoured, not dark-steel.
>>
>>51521120
I'm searching, all I'm getting is:
Baneblade cannon
Autocannon
Demolisher Cannon
Heavy Bolters
Lascannon
Heavy Stubber

>>51521052
Yeah, reading the admech rule - which is actually just for the Ordo Reductor, everyone else just has to use "an appropriate apocalypse datasheet" or a unit from the army list.
"Appropriate" presumably means you can get your Malcador, but it'll be the shit one. I think.

As for the Ordo Reductor, they can basically have what they like, though there's interesting wording: "Imperial superheavy from [the FW ranges] which do not already have an era-specific counterpart listed in a Horus Heresy supplement"

Does that exclude Malcadors? Can they take the HH-era ones without the shitty engine?
Who knows.
>>
>>51518146
>The dreads are to intercept and drop pods bearing down on me
It's not as if shooting a drop pod prevents it from landing. No to mention Mortis dreads gain Skyfire along with interceptor, meaning they'll shoot those land troops at BS1, and not at all the next turn.

Not bad at all: deepstriking tacticals pose no treat to them.

Also, not only I think Solarite gauntlets are available only to ICs, but they make no sense on terminators: they're a thunder hammer that gives up Concussive to lose specialist weapon...but termies have only one weapon, so it doesn't matter much.

If their AP1 appeals to you, better buy an actual chainfist
>>
>>51521226
Storm bolters have a high rate of fire, which is why they're Assault 2 instead of Rapid Fire. .75 to have same range as a lighter bullet would require more speed and thus would generate more recoil.
>>
>>51521157
Filing while holding it is the most painful part.
Why the CSM?
>>
>>51521260
It appears to have the arrow-trim that CSM helmets often have.
And I'm no expert with the specific kit but the Raptors look somewhat like that IIRC.

>>51521259
I agree on this point. ?
>>
>>51520085
>>>they don't look like Iron Warriors
>They literally don't. The metal is too drab and there isn't enough black-and-yellow mix to confuse it with Iron Warriors at anything but from a distance, which isn't even possible with the vehicles.
>>>visually interesting scheme IRL
>I said interesting, not "appealing", which is subjective.
Based Uni.
>>
>>51520741
Fuck you, then :)
It looks nice.
I'm asleep, enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>51517822
>Have them up one at a time
So, while I can't explain everyone's reasons for doing so, the reason we only sell them in 'sets' of one charger & Plasma blaster is simplicity mostly. We try to keep it so that each item we sell is made from one parent box. So, since the tartaros 'box' only includes one of each we sell them as one of each which keeps the inventory simple and clippers from getting confused or messing it up. That said, we do at least allow you to buy multiple if we have it in stock.
>>
>>51521291
???
>>
Best way to kit out a Leviathan?

Im thinking Seige claw and Storm cannon.

Figure its a safe buy for my wolves with upcoming inferno, and fitts well into blackshields if I hate the SW rules.
Or if theyre as fucking furry as the 40k ones
>>
>>51520820
>>51520892
>>51520947
To me, over-and-under combi-bolters are a matter of ergonomics for power armour, while Terminator gauntlets can manage better the side-by-side's recoil, which is, I think, the first kind of combi developed since it's mechanically simpler.

Also, about the caliber, back in the day the didn't need big bolts because they weren't fighting marines but rather fleshy xenos and unarmoured non-compliant humans, and smaller bolts meant you could carry more.

It's the 5.56 mm issue all over again, the difference being suddenly the enemy was a heavily armoured post human as well
>>
>>51521228
Personally I would take the shitty Malcador Infernus for Reductor, it's plenty powerful anyway and a giant chem-flamer tank fits the Ordo Fuck-your-shit pretty much perfectly. Normally if it's a bit vague me and the group just tack on an extra 40 pts to the cost or something for the privilege.

Also I would like a giant flyer to convert something a bit like the Leviathan from that book series, but there's not much that fits the profile aside from the Grey Knight Thunderhawk, which would be a bit odd.

Thing is, "Era-specific Counterpart" is a tad vague. I guess it means we can't use that to steal all the Spess Muhreens tanks from IA13, despite the fact they get to steal our robots.
>>
How do you lads convert siege breakers? I'm not sure what bit would make them stand out against my other marines, and I need to make two of them.
>>
>>51521442
He needs to look 'ard. Maybe some equipment, like a command backpack or some eye gear.
>>
>>51521442
Generally I think the idea is to make them look heavy and clunky. A bit like techmarines or Iron Hands except not looking like they're cyborgs so much as overburdened with gear.
>>
>>51513870
He creates antagonists or side characters and then ends up spending more time on them then the main one - e.g. Honsou or House Devine
Also with vengeful spirit Goulding fucked up and should have split the story into 2 books
>>
>>51521398
But a small, high speed bullet should be better at penetrating armour than a big slow moving one. That's why 5.7mm is better against body armour than a 9mm, and many anti-tank rounds use slim rods.
>>
>>51521402
Eh, it's weird, and I think if you're doing it in an apocalypse game like you're meant to then you can just talk it out with the group like you say.

Have you considered the Marauder bomber/gunship? That's a valid admech option
>>
>>51514106
Nevermore was from the index astartes Raven guard - it also established the weregeld thing
>>
>>51521451
>>51521455
That's kind of what I was thinking, I just need to pick out the right bits I suppose. The problem is I'm doing my regular DG marines with plenty of extra gear like pouches, pistols, knives, etc.
>>
>>51514268
Fuckin millennials don't know about index astartes
>>
>>51521512
Rule of cool m8, and this is coming from an autistic /k/ommando.
>>
>>51521512
Yeah, but bolt rounds use futuristic analogues of HEAT, giving bigger warheads a counter-advantage, and if the differences between rounds aren't all that big in favour of one or the other, it all balances out at S4 AP5 Assault 2/Rapid Fire TL. More bullets means a greater chance to hit a weak spot.

>>51521542
Don't want to give too much of my own inspiration away, but one thing I'm doing to establish the techies/heavy-metal dudes in my armies is to give them Perty-style (or 40k Crimson Fist/Grey Knight style) over-arm ranged weaponry.

As a Siege guy (for the DG especially), you can try and get creative by putting scorch marks all over him, generally his legs and hands and forearms, with a nice pattern on his helmet's "face", from activating, running through, and facing down phosphex fires, chemical showers, and countless xeno horrors.
>>
>>51521520
Marauder bomber is a bit small, I kind of want a giant airship-whale of awesome. Sokar Stormbird would work, but I can't take that one. I'll have a look in the IA books later. Thinking Thunderhawk just because I can grab a Warhound turbolaser and mount it as a gondola section somewhere.

I suppose I could take the Leviathan FoC (fitting), run the Stormbird rules and ally in the Admech stuff. Good thing Mechanicum toys are expensive, so I can fit a lot of power in the small allied detachment.
>>
File: KIROV REPORTING.jpg (227KB, 1579x1095px) Image search: [Google]
KIROV REPORTING.jpg
227KB, 1579x1095px
>>51521638
What about a squat overlord airship? Some fucker out there must do an airship model in about the right scale.
>>
>>51521597
>Yeah, but bolt rounds use futuristic analogues of HEAT

So why do bolts with better AP exchange the explosive charge for a solid core and a bigger charge? It's almost like fast moving penetrator is still true even in the grimderp of the far future.

And bolts aren't like HEAT, they explode inside the target.
>>
>>51521309

Well, thanks.

Only 29 more to go!

However, I'm going to paint this one first to compare it to my MKIV test and see which I feel like using first.
>>
File: IMG_0533.jpg (53KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0533.jpg
53KB, 600x450px
>>51521654
Someone made pic related from a miniature Hindenburg, I believe.
>>
>>51521535
Yes.
I'll wait until you go and check the 'Written by' byline, if you want.
>>
>>51521654
Oh, the model isn't too much of a problem, I just want a suitable ruleset for it so if I spent a bunch of money on a giant model conversion it wouldn't be unplayable.

Superheavy flyers really only come in"flimsy and a bit useless" and"Massive cheese" varieties, which is a bit problematic.
>>
>>51521668
If you haven't built the rest yet, you're probably better off not glueing the bolter on until after you've painted the model. But of course you'd realise this anyway when you get to painting the one that's already built.
>>
>>51521691
There's nothing wrong with flying ubercheese, that's my manta. I mean mantra.
>>
>>51521546
Fuckin pretend oldfags don't know that index astartes was l i t e r a l l y half written by Graham McNeil, more like
>>
>>51521682
Hey, cool. I was wondering about how to do the gondola, was thinking plasticard, greenstuff and a Malcador Defender or Baneblade to break up for armour panels and such.

>>51521710
Hah. I suppose it's easier on people in 30k since everyone has a billion Mortis dreads and Deredos to snipe flyers for them. Mostly my idea is a pleasant pipe dream. It's surprisingly hard to find a suitable whale model to convert, too.
>>
>>51521691
Marauder Destroyer? It's got 3 TL autocannons, TL assault cannon and TL heavy bolter. Just mount them across the model on turrets. Some bombs underneath and maybe some missile batteries for all the HK missiles.
>>
File: stab blargpoosting.png (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
stab blargpoosting.png
53KB, 657x527px
>>51521656
>And bolts aren't like HEAT, they explode inside the target.
Aren't there dual-penetrator or whatever already in existence? And if the bolts don't penetrate before detonation, do you think they just plink off the armour harmlessly? No, they explode, and the armour that protects against such a bullet protects against shrapnel to the extent of it being harmless.

>So why do bolts with better AP exchange the explosive charge for a solid core and a bigger charge?
Specific designs of bolt round, for specific purposes.
If you could stop moving the goalposts for once, you would not be talking about the "superiority" of specific types of future sci-fi ammunition over another in those terms, because we are not talking about bolt rounds like kraken or stalker or whatever that change the dynamic of the bolter from "assault rifle" to sniper rifle or DMR or what have you. We're discussing the difference between the AR and the AK, not the .223 vs .308, effectively.
The differences between the two philosophies for fulfilling the same weapon role don't show up at the level of abstraction that the tabletop represents, whereas it might in an RPG like deathwatch. All S4 AP5 means is that it's an assault rifle for superhumans, whatever cartridge design it uses to fulfill that function doesn't have enough practical difference to distinguish it from any other bolter that's also S4 AP5.
>>
>>51521847
Bolts piece the armour on pure kinetic energy alone and detonate on delay inside the target. That's how they've been forever.

>Specific designs of bolt round, for specific purposes.

Yes, such as penetrating (power) armour.

The claim was that 30k era bolters weren't made for penetrating power armour and thus didn't need a larger caliber, but even in 40k lore they use fast, solid core bolts for enhanced armour penetration over regular bolts.
>>
>>51521691
>>Superheavy flyers really only come in"flimsy and a bit useless" and"Massive cheese" varieties, which is a bit problematic.
A pity. I want to center my army around a Stormbird, a Thunderhawk and Perturabo's Relentless Strategist rule coupled with Damocles Rhino and LR Proteus Explorator bringing them in on turn 1.
>>
>>51521700

Yea, I know. This is just my test model. The rest probably won't have any of the 3 weapons glued on until its done.
>>
>>51520935
That's false though. All IG vehicles can buy pintle Storm Bolters, iirc.
>>
>>51521910
Not get involved, but just to add some fluff:
Bolt rounds are mass-reactive, not time-delay. Many examples of how it works in fluff.
The og Alpha Legion penetrators were created specifically to increase the contact lethality of the weapon. Too many examples of standard bolts bouncing off, or marines needing to basically have their armour shattered apart by many rounds in the fluff to even comprehend.
There's even a section somewhere where people were confused as to how the AL boltguns were so murderous, and then they found out about their ammo.
>>
File: bolter-detonation.jpg (26KB, 542x72px) Image search: [Google]
bolter-detonation.jpg
26KB, 542x72px
>>51522182
>>
>>51522245
>comprehension

They detonate a second after entering the target due to the mass-reactive tip reacting to the mass of the target. They've been described as working that way and not as on a set or alterable time-delay for literally ever.
There's even examples of the bolts detonating short of their target because something else trips the mass charge, or going through their target if it's too small to activate.
>>
>>51522295
I said the bolts explode on a delay, as in not on impact. You said "nu-uh, they're mass-reactive" without defining what you meant by that, so I had to go and dig up an example of official text where it says "bolts totes don't explode on impact but after penetrating the target." I never, ever said anything about a time-delay fuse, that's all your making.
>>
>>51516281
Give the Fist captain or sarge a curved blade.
>>
New thread
>>51522605
>>51522605
>>51522605
>>
>>51511861
NOOOOOO
>>
>>51521199
Some paint their IH so metallic they look like IW.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.