[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 32

File: 40k gen tau players.jpg (203KB, 760x272px) Image search: [Google]
40k gen tau players.jpg
203KB, 760x272px
Slow Friday edition.

previous
>>51417133

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR, WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT SO PLEASE ASK FOR IT!
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit but it'll read 3s.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQs and errata
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>51426307
First for Cadia
>>
Arrrrooooooooooo
>>
File: nixon aroo.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
nixon aroo.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
>>51426329
>>
So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?

I know
>advancing the plot
has become a meme, but I really want to know the implications of the Eye of Terror expanding for the wider Imperium.
>>
File: Leman Russ.jpg (78KB, 675x396px) Image search: [Google]
Leman Russ.jpg
78KB, 675x396px
>>51426329
You called?
>>
>>51426329
crank that soulja boy
>>
>>51426349
>So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?
No because all of the other shit is advancing the story too.
>>
File: don't awoo.jpg (43KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
don't awoo.jpg
43KB, 600x742px
>>51426351
>>
>>51426349
No, since it means every faction gets some attention.
>>
>>51426364
That's a very good point actually, I'm just stewing on a bit of a cliffhanger because of how frankly apocalyptic this is for humanity.
>>
>>51426372
True.

>t. necron player who knows they're gonna get overlooked for meaningful plot development because shoehorning a meme character into the imperium's story counts as necron love
>>
>>51426396
I am a tyranid player

my sadness is infinite
>>
>>51426422
I mean, I'm sure you guys can steal plenty of biomass while everyone's looking the other way, right? Right?

No but seriously given how popular GSC has proven it would be dumb for geedubs not to throw you guys a bone.
>>
tfw more Eldar qt3.141s soon

are we entering a new age of 40k waifus?
>>
>>51426349
I just want new Chaos Space Marine or Slaanesh Daemons. I feel I'm not going to get that until after the Gathering Storm and that Traitor Legions was just released to tide us over.
>>
So how do we fix Boys, anons?

However, no point reductions and I has to be 2!
>>
>So is anyone salty that GW is gonna spend the next half-year going through all these "This is what X or Y faction was doing during the Fall of Cadia" rather than advancing the story?

The events of the first 4 End Times books. Nagash, Glottkin,, Khaine, Thanqoul happened at the same time. The story moved on and concluded at the final book, Archaon.

It seems like a GW writing trend.

>but I really want to know the implications of the Eye of Terror expanding for the wider Imperium.

Abaddon underlined. The Eye will take him to Terra or it will utterly destroy the galaxy. Either way, it doesn't matter. It's all going to end.
>>
>>51426467
Abaddon going to Terra doesn't mean the story's over. I mean, the Emperor could very much revive somehow and push back.
>>
>>51426460
Nothing other than change Mob rule.
The rules of the entire game needs to be changed to make melee viable outside of just T1 charges.
>>
>>51426460
T4 W2 FNP6+
Nobz T5 W3 FNP5+
Warboss T7 W6 FNP3+

Any orks in a unit above 50% strength have Eternal Warrior

That seems FAIR AND BALANCED
>>
So... I kinda just bought units I liked the look of and some cheap deals on eBay and ended up with an army I'm not sure how to play.
It's blood angels, I can run it as a CAD or Baal strike force, how shit is this?

Captain 150
Claw, combi-melta, veritas vitae, melta bomb, jump pack

Librarian 120
Terminator armour, level 2, storm bolter

5 tactical marines 80
Heavy flamer

5 tactical marines 80
Heavy flamer

5 tactical marines 90
Combi-plasma, melta
Razorback 90
Las-plas, ram

Command squad 190
Power fist, two meltas, two storm Shields

Tactical terminators 200

I'm going to roll twice on strategic for master of ambush.
>>
who will be in the:

Ork triumqvirate.
Tau triumvirate.
Tyranid triumvirate.
Necron triumvirate.
Chaos triumvirate.
Space Marine triumvirate
>>
>>51426460
Ork Clan Tactics / detachments

>it worked for CSM
>>
>>51426545
For Orks
>Orkimides
>Gazzy
>DA RED GOBBO
>>
So now that we know that the DEldar are fucking idiots who bred super nids do you think that the over taking of the dark city is going to be the nids story ark?
>>
>>51426545
>Orkimides
>Gazzy
>Old Zogwort
>>
>>51426436
Tyranids have been narratively irrelevant for a long time. the last time they had a significant effect on the setting was hive fleet leviathan.

I don't think GW even knows what to do with them story wise and they sure as hell don't give a shit about them as an army in the game.
>>
>>51426460
All choppa type weapons have Momentum (re-roll wounds on charge).
1/5 special weapons, including new burna and big choppa acess
3 point 'eavy armour
may upgrade to 'ard boys with 6+ fnp

Orks in general may charge out of vehicles at cruising speed with a dangerous terrain check (test negated by a upgrade)
>>
>>51426494
I like the old style of doing it. Leadership = unit size. Anything over 10 gives Fearless. Maybe it counts wounds instead of models, and instead of Fearless it gives Stubborn. 20 gives Fearless and 30 gives Feel No Pain +1?

>>51426519
>2 T4 wounds for 6 points
>FAIR AND BALANCED

Made me hmm.
>>
>>51426545
Abaddon, Lorgar and Perturabo.
>>
>>51426545
Tau triumvirate.
>Farsight
>Shadowsun
>OC (guessing Ethereal or Fireblade)

Necron triumvirate.
>Silent King
>Immotek
>OC (guessing Cryptek)

Chaos triumvirate.
>Abaddon
>Daemon Prince
>Sorcerer

Space Marine triumvirate
>Dante
>Calgar
>Azereal
>>
>>51426613
My money's on Abaddon achieving apotheosis as a result of the Crimson Path, so maybe he is the daemons.
>>
>>51426545

Based on the box design of a doomsday clock being made out of 4 x boxes... I'm sure w'ere only getting 4 of these
>>
>>51426545
>Space Marine triumvirate

Roboute Guliman, Lion El'Jonson, Leman Russ
>>
>>51426579
There's not much you really can do with Nids. They don't have character, personality, or story.
There's no relatable or justifiable endgoal, and no real struggle for them.
They just show up, kill everything or get killed, and that's that.
There's no background to this, and no real sense of victory or defeat when they do anything.
At absolute best, they're an excuse for other factions to get some development by fighting them, but that's every other faction at their worst.
>>
>>51426613
>Azereal
>not Lorgar
>>
>>51426545
>Tyranid triumvirate
Continuing the theme of female characters
>Dominatrix
>Norn Queen
And just for fun, everyone's favorite tyranidn who was cucked to death in 6E
>Old One Eye
>>
>>51426646
As fond as I am of them this anon has a point. They make Abaddon nuanced and sympathetic by comparison.
>>
>>51426597
Honestly replacing mob rule with stubborn would make boyz okay. Have the bosspole be a flat re-roll to failed ld checks and you're golden.
>>
>>51426657
>not swarmlord and death leaper
Its like you dont even follow the fluff :^)
>>
>>51426641
Which means Xenos Triumvirate
>Led by Farsight, as the Hero
>Supported by the Silent King, as the Support
>with Ghazghkull, taking up the rear, as the Heavy
>>
>>51426677
I personally think it is without fail going to be the swarmlord, deathleaper and one other random tyranid character.

The problem is these are all shit, tyranid players don't want them and just want either tyranids that have been depicted in epic or fluff but not 40k or new versions of Old One Eye, the Red Terror and the Doom of malan'tai.

Tyranid players ever getting anything they either want or need does seem basically impossible though.
>>
File: 99120103013_OrkBoyz10NEW01[1].jpg (66KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120103013_OrkBoyz10NEW01[1].jpg
66KB, 600x620px
>>51426494
Mob Rule
If a unit composed entirely of models with this special rule meets AT LEAST TWO of the following THREE criteria...
-It is locked in combat
-It has at least 10 wounds remaining between its models
-It includes at least one character
...Then it is Fearless
If the unit meets ONE of the criteria, it rerolls failed leadership tests.
If it meets NONE of the criteria, it receives no benefit from Mob Rule.
>>
File: 803986_sm-Renegade Artillery 2.jpg (37KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
803986_sm-Renegade Artillery 2.jpg
37KB, 600x450px
Reposting, still not sure if I should drop the third blob of zombies and the bike meltabombs for a second battery of wyverns

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105

2 Strike Battery: Wyverns: 110
3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons, Lascannon: 480
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Void Shield Generator 50

Allies: Death Guard Chaos Space Marines

Chaos Lord on bike: MoN, The Black Mace: 145

10 Cultists: MoN: 70

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Power Axe, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns, Meltabombs: 242
>>
File: I disagree.jpg (37KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
I disagree.jpg
37KB, 626x258px
>>51426641
That clock already existed before the boxes.
>>
The Tyranids have connection to the warp, right?
Why haven't they created a Chaos god?
Alternatively, why doesn't Tzeench or Khorne support the fuck out of them?
>>
>>51426674
>stubborn... ...the bosspole be a flat re-roll to failed ld checks.
58% chance to pass Ld 7, ~82% to pass Ld 7 with reroll

Looks good.
Personally I'd make only Nobs (characters and unit) and Warbosses Stubborn, and make it so if Orks fail they fall back to the nearest Ork unit of same unit type and then merge / rally when getting into coherency
>>
>>51426709
>tyranid players are hyper conservative because change has consistently fucked them and they want to go back to the good old days
>>
>>51426725
The Tyranids have zero connection to the warp
>>
File: tpyIifP.jpg (82KB, 536x609px) Image search: [Google]
tpyIifP.jpg
82KB, 536x609px
Daily reminder that Age of the Emperor isn't happening
>>
Would you guys say that the Eldar half of death masque for £60 is good value?

I want to start an army.
>>
>you can get locked in assault by consolidating into enemy unit

Y/N?
>>
>>51426762
Oh please
>>
>>51426762
>buffing melee in a shooting edition
Sure, why the warp not?
>>
>>51426740
Wrong, the Hivemind is in the Warp. It interacted with chaos Gods and the Golden Light of Terra.
>>
>>51426762
it was the case in 4e if i'm not mistaken
hated melee in 4e
>>
>>51426748
>t shill
>>
>>51426779
I thought Nids couldn't harness the warp thus why they aren't technically psykers?
>>
>>51426646
>>51426579
maybe they are setting us up for nid-elves, a whole army of kerrigans
>>
>>51426794
They harness the Warp via the Hivemind.
>>
>>51426725
Tyranids don't interact with the warp like normal sentient beings since they don't have "souls" or even individual consciousnesses. Instead the hive mind uses the warp for communication, which creates the so-called "Shadow in the Warp" that makes astropath communication impossible, makes psykers bleed from their eyes etc.
>>
>>51426794
The NIDS themselves aren't psykers but the hive mind does the psychic stuff for them.
>>
>>51426790
Bit dissapointed, actually. I wanted it to happen.
>>
>>51426804
id just quit fucking playing nids then might as well play GSCs
>>
>>51426725
They will be.
Slaanesh is getting canned and the Hive Mind will take the spot as the fourth Chaos God, letting Tyranids join the Grand Chaos Alliance
>>
>>51426779
That's not quite right. The hive mind isn't a discreet entity, it's the collective intelligence and consciousness of all tyranid organisms. Imagine that individual organisms are neurons in a brain and that they're linked together through the warp by synapse creatures.
>>
>>51426613
>Tau
>Not darkstrider as third choice
He's a combination of farsight and shadowsun, he'll reunite them.
>>
>>51426748

They also said to a guy last week who had been collecting and painting Biel Tan for 20 years that it was not going to be annihilated so...
>>
>>51426815
I like how there's people who still insist Slaanesh is not getting shitcanned as GW is introducing the deity whose sole function in the narrative is to at least subdue if not outright destroy Slaanesh.
>>
>>51426836
I was more thinking that one close combat Ethereal taking over Aun'Va's currently vacant seat.
>>
>>51426754
I mean, for £35 more you get a deathwatch squad, a dreadnought and a boardgame. Haggle them down. I would max out at £45-50.
>>
>>51426732
the old 3e mobbing up rules?

Yeah, that'd be neat. Honestly orks only need small changes and tweaks to be okay. Problem is all the fan writers decide to go full retard to compete with whatever flavour of the month is present at the time.
>>
>>51426852
It wasn't. It just split up into a bunch of smaller ships.
>>
>>51426460
Da Klanz

Goffs - All boys get +1 WS, W and T.
Waagh-band or Goff Kill Mob

Evil Sunz - All DT now free. You can disembark and charge even if you move more than 6".
Waagh-band or Jalopies! (Always get first turn and get free move at start of the game)

Bad Moons - All upgrades are free. 1 in 5 boys (or all nobs) can take Kustom Mega-Blasta.
Waagh-band or Nazdreg Boys ( All inf.units can DS and scstter with 1 dice. Shoot twice after DS)

Deathskulls - boys and nobs can change they shootas in following:
Pulse Rifle
Bolter of any type
Shuriken Catapult
Tesla Carbines
Access to all vehicle from other codex. It get fast type, open-topped and BS 2.
Waagh-band or Lucky Skull ( All orks get 6+ inv. and 6+ fnp. Failed rolls must be re-rolled)

Blood Axes - Kommandos get steals+shroud, can chardge after reserv. Access to all IG vehicle.
Waagh-band or tacticz mob ( +1 to your reserv roll and -2 enemy. You can enter in 12" from edge of table.)

Snakebites - all orks get 4+ FNP and move, run and charge +4"
Waagh-band or Green Tide.
>>
>>51426836
>Tau
>Not three Riptides
>>
>>51426833
It is an entity. Both mortal and divine characters have interacted with it. It displayed anger and hurt when warp creatures or mortals damaged it via warpy means.
>>
>>51426836
Honestly with how these Tri boxes have been going, I'm expecting OCs
>Imperium was 2/3 OC
>Coteaz could've been given a plastic model and replaced Greyfax, but we got hat.

>Eldar was 3/3 OC, with Ynnead's Avatar being the most would expect.
>>
File: Do_you_want_to_live_forever.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Do_you_want_to_live_forever.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>51426852
I don't understand this mentality.

>I've been collecting Cadians for xty years and now their planet is destroyed I'm being squatted
>I've been collecting Biel-Tan for xty years and now their craftworld is destroyed I'm being squatted

I don't think their homeworld getting destroyed stopped pic related from being fielded as an army.
>>
>>51426856
It's on ebay, it was originally 40 but it just went up to 65.

It's a shame element games doesn't have it in stock. I would have liked to have bought it there.

You know of anywhere else I can check? I don't really like buying Warhammer at full price, even if it's a god-tier deal like DM is.
>>
>>51426859
So you guys like the retcon about the Craftworlds being a lot of ships joined together rather than a single huge vessel?
>>
>>51426887

It wouldn't personally bother me but I can understand why it would bother some people.
>>
>>51426872
I said it's not a DISCREET entity. It is not separate from the tyranid organisms themselves, it's continuously generated by them, that's why it's called a hive mind. If you killed every physical tyranid there wouldn't be a non-physical hive mind being left over in the same way that you can kill the followers of a chaos god without causing any harm to the chaos god itself.
>>
>>51426903

Sure I like it, since it now means we know the Phalanx is probably bigger than anything those knife eared faggots built without bolting several things together.

>Look at my giant car! The biggest car in the world!
You've just bolted 10 normal cars together
>REEEEEEE It's the biggest car in the world!
>>
>>51426910
>It is not separate from the tyranid organisms themselves, it's continuously generated by them

But what about the Tyranids are are independent from the Hivemind like the Sawrmlord and genestealers?
>>
>>51426903
I kind of like the imagery of all the remaining Eldar ships coming together after the fall in random spots and just being all 'Well what now?' and sticking together for saftey. But I'm not an Eldar players so...
>>
>>51426924

Genestealers were designed as infiltration units to operate outside of the hive mind

the swarmlord is a recycled tyranid consciousness, its the original Hive tyrant mind and its neural configuration gets brought back from suspension whenever the nids are having trouble

all the other hive tyrants work in similar ways, they just haven't been doing it nearly as long as the swarmlord has so they don't have as much gravitas
>>
>>51426545
the tau triumvirate will just be 3 wings of 3 riptides each
>>
>>51426857
Sure, I'm always a fan to keep morale around, but let different armies handle it.

SM auto rally, Orks just retreat until they show up with even more friends, Tyranids are fearless in Synapse, etc.

>Problem is all the fan writers decide to go full retard to compete with whatever flavour of the month is present at the time.

Ya, because they "balance" against Scatbikes / Wraithknights because unless EVERYTHING is viable vs total cheese, their fandex is trash
>>
>>51426924
Genestealers use a combination of instinctive infiltration behavior and their own localized version of the hive mind, often called "brood telepathy".

The swarmlord is really dumb, it's literally a hive-mind meme.
>>
So when are we going to learn that the Tyranids were the old ones back up plan to kill the necrons? You know incase the krorks failed
>>
>>51426988
This sounds like an excuse for a slaan riding a carnifex
>>
>>51426988
If they were meant to kill Necrons theyd've been mechanovores.
>>
>>51426987
>The swarmlord is the hive minds equivalent of getting so mad in an argument that it just starts posting image macros
>>
>>51427020
No because the c'tan eat souls and tyranids have no souls to eat so to defeat the c'tan you just remove all the souls!
>>
>>51427036
>eat souls
They eat vital energy.

Souls are chaos shit.
>>
Are GSC the best recent codex?

>unique and fun to play
>easy to learn, but has some depth to it
>makes good use of all phases
>>
>>51427069
>vital energy
sounds like souls to me
>>
>>51427036
You'd also have to extinguish every star as that's the C'tans original food source.
>>
>>51426903
Yep, makes the period after the fall much more interesting. Also makes a clear paralel with the comorragh.
>>
File: 20160510_124203.jpg (921KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160510_124203.jpg
921KB, 4128x2322px
>>51426887
Fluff reasons Cadians are not being squatted:
>Cadian kit is the golden standard across the galaxy for guard
much like the Tabitha they can sweep up dudes as they go. there is no shortage of reinforcements.
>Cadia is the no. 1 tithing planet, there are most likely just as many men OFF it as ON it at any given time (until recently)
all the Imperium has to do is cycle all Cadian units out of active duty and resettle them, they will likely overpopulate wherever they end up.
>Creed lives
as long as this man lives you can't be 100% sure of Jack Shit re: Cadia losing anything.

non-fluff reasons Cadia is not being squatted:
>most popular Guard army type
the reasons for this vary, but it's mostly because they're the cheapest, too.
>only plastic Guard army type
see above.
>all the battleforces, start collecting kits, et cetera are Cadian
probably because they're the only plastic et cetera et cetera.
>box art for every vehicle is Cadian 8th pre-m38 camo
this means any backlog products would look mighty out of place if they were cycled out.

it ain't happenin'. it's bad business, and it's bad writing. and while GW has done both of those they've never done both of them at the same time.
>>
>>51426713
The problem with that its it would make players want to hide their Nob, rather than let them get stuck in. If you solve that then this method has potential.
>>
>>51426903
Yeah, it's cool.

And I'm an Eldar player. I figure they just wraithbone'd the ships together to build it. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>51426988
>So when are we going to learn that the Tyranids were the old ones back up plan to kill the necrons

You mean the C'tan's revenge plan vs the Necrons?

>They came to us as gods and we, like fools, took them at their word. Mephet'ran the Deceiver, Aza'gorod the Nightbringer, Iash'uddra the Endless Swarm; I curse their names, and the names of all their malevolent brethren. - Szarekh, the Silent King

Notice he calls out both Deciever and Nightbringer, C'tans we know. Both why is Iash included? We know nothing of him.

Answer: Foreshadowing

Iash is the Endless Swarm.
Iash IS the Hive Mind.

It's why Szarekh has been waking up the Necrons.
Szarekh may know (subconsciously) that the Tyranids are C'tam wrought.
>>
>>51427080
I'm sure the old ones have a plan for that too
>>
>>51427135
I'm pretty sure your theory is just as shitty as "the lost primarchs was a woman and Sigmar"
>>
>>51426523
Combi-plasma should be with a plasma. Mixing specials like that makes it more challenging to effectively pick targets.
>>
File: 2016MemeOfTheYear.png (1KB, 1272x175px) Image search: [Google]
2016MemeOfTheYear.png
1KB, 1272x175px
>>51426545
Zhadsnark , Wazdakka, Killboy.
Kult ov Speed for fastest Triumvirate.
>>
>>51427164
I can't believe how much that looked like a Tau Sept marking.
>>
Which major order do I paint my sisters of battle as, 40kG?
>>
>>51427171
Bloody Rose
>>
>>51427171
Ardent shroud.
>>
File: 1474061317838.png (402KB, 871x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474061317838.png
402KB, 871x960px
>>51426613
>>51426836
Darkstrider and Farsight have relatively new models. Even Shadowsun's model is from 4th and doesn't need updating IMO.

As >>51426877 said, we'll be getting all OCs I reckon. MAYBE Anghkor Prok and/or Shas'o Kais, but I doubt it. We'll get:

>Aun'va's replacement with bodyguards
>New commander with experimental battlesuit
>Tau fighting on foot

Screencap this.
>>
>>51426877
>>Eldar was 3/3 OC
Chick with the cat is 100% Lady Malys.
>>
>>51427190
>Riptide with EW and H&R
>Riptide with IWND and +1T
>Riptide with every turn Hailstorm and gets to pick Tank/Monsterhunter or Skyfire
>Formation: Getting all three means that all of them get those rules
>Each costs 200pts
>>
>>51427145
Which is an entirely plausible plotline for a BL author to come up with.
>>
>>51426545
Fixit, Malakari, Da Red Gobbo.
>>
>>51427212
Yeah, isn't she meant to use a fan in battle? Did GW make her model and then go "Fuck it, let's make this one an OC so Craftworlders will want her too"
>>
File: T'eq Sept Markings.png (2KB, 1272x175px) Image search: [Google]
T'eq Sept Markings.png
2KB, 1272x175px
>>51427167
What, like this?
>>
>>51427190
>Farsight have relatively new models. Even Shadowsun's model is from 4th and doesn't need updating IMO

>This finely detailed resin kit contains 14 components with which to make Commander Farsight.

>This is a finely detailed resin cast kit, and contains fifteen resin components, fifteen plastic components, four long flying stems, three small flying bases and a sprue of four 25mm round bases, all of which make Commander Shadowsun as well as 2 shield drones and a command-link drone.

>This finely detailed resin kit contains 4 components with which to make Darkstrider

Resin, resin, resin
>>
>>51427225
Well at least that would buff Riptides to playable tier.

They are Tau's TEQ after all.
>>
>>51427212
>>51427244
Watch the fucking video again. She isn't Malys.

Besides Malys' is Chegoragh's bae, not Ynnead.
>>
>>51427225
>Riptide with IWND and +1T
You mean regains 3 Wounds at the start of each Player Turn
>>
>>51426674
this
>>
>>51427256
Yeah finecast sucks, but it's passable. They NEED to make a model for the new Aun leader though, if nothing else.

>>51427275
The point is that GW initially intended for her to be Malys, but then slapped a new name on her for the triumvirate.
>>
>>51427315
Resin is total ass. I don't think any resin model is ever passable.
>>
>>51426754
>>51426901
Oh, you can't even buy it from the store anymore.

Anyone know where I can actually get Death Masque nowadays? Might just buy it full then sell the space marines.
>>
>>51427275
Bringing Ynnead forth was Czegorach's plan, wasn't it? I'll wait for the book, but I'm pretty sure that's Malys, she just assumed another name.
>>
>>51427325
>Watch the fucking video again. She isn't Malys.

they've told us exactly who she is.
>>
File: 1424550394125.jpg (41KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1424550394125.jpg
41KB, 500x363px
>mfw when we get a rend (save deductions) mechanic in 8th

I can't wait.

I've been waiting since 3rd edition, where save minus were removed to get them back.

Finally, an autocannon will no longer be as un/effective against Space Marines as shotgun pellets or a tau air-caste pilot punching one with his bare fists
>>
>>51427315
>new Aun leader
>Implying that won't be Farsight
>Implying Farsight won't break the Ethereals chains and become the God-Emperor of Taukind
>>
File: Queen of Blades.jpg (20KB, 360x350px) Image search: [Google]
Queen of Blades.jpg
20KB, 360x350px
>>51426646
So....what you're saying is we need a definitive "face" for the tyranids that writers can latch onto and make stories for so the Tyranids aren't just an endless horde of monsters. We need a Queen of Blades expy?
>>
>>51427256
I actually prefer resin
i fucking despise working with metal
>>
>>51427382

Because Marines need more nerfs, no thanks.
>>
Tau will get a Kroot Mercenary in the Triumvirate, or some other Allied Species that will buff Kroot, Vespids, Gue'vesa, and other non-tau.

He will also come with a Kroot hound, cuz apparently there is a pet thing going on.
>Birds on Celestine
>Gay ass 'implying' cat on the DrewKarey unit
>>
>>51427363
Wait, what video are you talking about? In the reveal video there is fuckall about her identity other than her name, and it's a nod to WHFB more than anything.
>>
>>51426788
>hated melee in 4e
That was the last time playing Chaos was FUN.
You could strike T1 due to Infiltration rules and keep chaining combats all the way through opponents army if they deployed everything in a bulk.
>>
>>51427435
Demiurg! There's always something to mine out there in the void of space.
>>
>>51427419
But, it's not what you prefer (not trying to be a dick with that comment) it's the direction GW is/was taking for Finecast kits

GW canned most of their finecast only stuff and has been recently doing a push tor Plastic Kits for all Characters.

I think the only new resin kit they did was the SOB Character for IA.
>>
>>51427418
Please no
>>
>>51427478
I know, i'm glad they're moving to plastic
way easier and sturdier than Resin
and less of a pain in the ass than metal
>>
>>51427479
Where's that monkeys paw that GW has that's just lying around. I bet it has a few more wishes on it....
>>
Are the Blood Angels and Dark Angels Armored Assault boxes alright to get if I'm playing Black Templars? I need more marines and Rhinos and those seem to be the cheapest option.
>>
>>51427511
>Where's that monkeys paw that GW has that's just lying around. I bet it has a few more wishes on it....
Not unless it a 12000 fingered mutant ape.
>>
>>51427478
Wrong

SoB didn't get anything new in IA

They got a limited edition model, that sold faster than their marine limited edition model. Confusing the fuck out of GW.

Hell Celestine is an Imperial HQ that happens to have the SoB factions. She doesn't even have AoF and the Bonus she gives are rather crap with SoB

Basically SoB luck out but nothing good was given intentionally.
>>
>>51427420
Oh yes they do.
>>
>>51427418
>We need a Queen of Blades expy?
We already have Swarmlord. He's basically Kerrigan (male).
>>
>>51427515
>a 12000 fingered
l-lewd
>>
>>51427540
>male

I found the problem with Swarmlord
>>
>>51426836
>Forgetting Aun'shi, the only cool Ethereal
>>
>>51427514
Get the DA one. It's regular tacs, upgrade set, and rhino. Sell the upgrade set.
>>
>>51427583
Here is your Hive Tyrant (Female)
>>
>>51427111
Isn't there some fluff that said there are at least 1,000 planets called "New Cadia" that were colonized by left-behind guardsmen or something?
>>
>>51427642
If a regiment from their world captures a planet, they can colonise it. Cadians have done this a lot.
>>
>>51427592
The only dead ethereal more like
>>
>>51426457
Imperial waifus are ten times better. Eldar are shit, shit!
>>
>>51427674
That's Aun'va.
>>
Does anyone have a full copy of the Kill Team rules from the boxed game? The mega copy is incomplete.
>>
Do yuou guys think this kind of fluff is possible in 40k?
>small backwater forgeworld, the expedition sent during the age of strife never answered mars and its deemed lost like many others
>rediscovered in the late imperium, lets say M.37 or something like that
>still a small forgeworld with few colonies in its system and the subsector around
>spawned a weird borderline heretic branch of the mechanicus cult, nothing chaotic, just quite weird, like factory workers being considered the first step in the priesthood and the place being run by both the tech priests and normal citizens in a rip off of the roman republic
>the planet and its colonies behave like good imperial citizens, but they secretly created a secret organization that follows a personal agenda to aquire artifacts, stc's and intel to get an edge over mars and eventually kick in a secession
>generals, rogue traders and other high ranking officers are part of this, and every regiment or legion they field has groups of operatives hiding among the ranks of the normal soldiers, ready to act

does this stuff work? or its a bit too of a lore rape? Im planning this stuff for a narrative campaign to give some flavour to the rp and kill team games.
>>
>>51427710
>Not subservient to mars
>heretic branch
The martians are a'comin! The martians are a'comin!
>>
>>51427710
>backwater forgeworld

No such thing. Forgeworlds are too important.

> like factory workers being considered the first step in the priesthood

This happens in the Ad Mech sometimes.

>secretly created a secret organization that follows a personal agenda to aquire artifacts, stc's and intel to get an edge over mars and eventually kick in a secession

If this gets found out, they will be destroyed. Besides that, why?

Why would a tiny, recently found Forgeworld want to attack Mars? How, even?

Even with the best technology in the Galaxy, they wouldn't be able to take out the Ad Mech AND the Imperium, which they will have to because they just destroyed all/most of Mars.

>generals, rogue traders and other high ranking officers

They woudnn't have this, they've only been around for 3000 years, no way would they be trusted enough for this.

Overall, they'd be destroyed by Mars by Friday and replaced by Monday.
>>
>>51426646
>>51427418
As much as I hate to say it, zerg are much more interesting than nids. Nids are cooler overall but lack any depth in regards to story. I think the nids absolutely need a character that can interact with other races like Kerrigan or Duran. And if it turned out that the nids were doing the same thing the zerg were doing? Oh man that would be the biggest fuck you to chaos this game has ever seen
>>
>>51427658
>Lord General, the Administratum has confirmed that this planet is not registered in the Imperial Sovereign Worlds Archives.
>Well, that or they lost the record. Or the planet drifted out of place, you know how it is.
>The point is, we've received settlement clearance! Our own world! What should we name it?
>Thank you, Adjutant. I think...New-
>I took the liberty of checking, sir. There are one thousand, one hundred and thirty-four planets bearing that name.
>...You have a better idea, Adjutant?
>No, sir. Just...felt it bore pointing out.
>So you've no objections, then.
>...New Cadia number one thousand one hundred and thirty five it is, sir. I shall inform the Administratum immediately.
>>
Christ Chinaman's annoying. Anybody have experience with them? I'm trying to place an order on WU but none of their information is in the site.

Am I missing something, and/or what happens if I place an order but don't pay
>>
>>51427792
That actually happened in one story. I think it was Casts a Hungry Shadow, or maybe the Genestealer Cults book that continued it.
>>
>>51427771
got it! thank you.

I will look for other reasons for the three guard players and two admech players to fight each other other than "one of them is a heretic"
>>
>>51426903
Yeah, I like it. It makes far more sense for a Craftworld to be made out of a myriad of existing ships rather than them building something so massive from scratch with the birth of Slaanesh breathing down on their necks.
>>
>>51427845
If you need to justify imperial players fighting each other you don't need to delve too deep. Say one or two of them was targeted by a corrupt inquisitor and labeled heretics, the claims were false but the other blindly followed orders and attacked them
>>
>>51427771
>Even with the best technology in the Galaxy, they wouldn't be able to take out the Ad Mech AND the Imperium, which they will have to because they just destroyed all/most of Mars.

oh didnt read this part, they dont want to attack mars, just to get enough powerful so the imperium and the mechanicum wont dare waste too many resources to take it back, but as you said forgeworlds are way to important so it defeats the idea completely
>>
File: Glory.jpg (120KB, 485x762px) Image search: [Google]
Glory.jpg
120KB, 485x762px
>>51427792
Just as Big E intended
>>
>>51427892
that works perfectly, easy and justifies all the secret ops for the kill team stuff, thanks anon.
>>
>>51427780
Well Kerrigan had a definite goal she was looking to achieve, and the Overmind before that also had one before her. Tyranids begin and end with "consume everything". There's very little that can be done with that, and an actual character for Tyranids who has a separate goal that also advances that could go do so much for them.

Zerg have/had cerebrates, let Nids have something similar.
>>
>>51427892
>blindly followed orders and attacked them

Ah the Leman Russ approach
>>
>>51427845
I usually say "Battlefield training" aboard a fuckhueg ship or on planet. Admech and Imperial officers survey the battlefield and tally loses and what not. Kinda like how actual wargames are done when units train. Just a thought.
>>
>>51427896
>imperium and the mechanicum wont dare waste too many resources to take it back

I feel like you don't understand these factions. These are people who fought a 20 year war for an ammo storage dump that was used up in the fighting.

If that Forgeworld had STCs that the Ad Mech didn't have, there'd be hundreds of thousands of Arch-magi heading for them, with billions of soldiers. They wouldn't just let it go. They would send everything if they had to.
>>
>>51427461
I don't play chaos
>>
File: IMG_1683.png (1MB, 700x1179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1683.png
1MB, 700x1179px
>>51427922
Well Cerebrates each had their own brood. Maybe it could be done with each Hive fleet or tendril. Each fleet has its own personality, but no clear body to pin point the mind. Some form of control bug in order to interact with other species.

Something along the lines of the Arborac from Twilight Imperium
>>
>>51427952
On a related note, the admech is sending the biggest force of Skitarii ever for an STC that is almost certainly corrupted. Because it's on a daemon world.
And they still do everything they can just to get it. Mars doesn't do halfassed.
>>
>>51427922
Up until we knew the truth of the overmind we thought the zerg were nothing more than consume everything. When Kerrigan took over it only changed from consume to destroy everything. But the plot twist with the overmind made everything way more interesting I think
>>
>>51426307
So why the fuck does a Thunderhawk cost 800 points? It does not seem worth it, not even close, especially compared to a warhound who is much better at the same price or a Stormeagle which costs far less
>>
>>51426307
Any news on this Ynnari shit?

Because it sounds like Incubi and Blasterborn in Wave Serpents and I'm not sure I want to deal with that.
>>
>>51428006
Neither do I. Anymore.
>>
>>51428008
Just make each Hive Mind "unique"

>Even if they were once the same Hive Mind, they would diverge once out of Synapse from one another
>Oh Hive Fleet Nom nom nom splintered into three fleets
>All three would start with the same Hive Mind, but
>Splinter Fleet Nom * * went to fight Orks
>Splinter Fleet * nom * went to fight the Imperium
>Splinter Fleet * * nom went to fight Tau

They'd begin to diverge as their new experiences they dealt with isn't the same as their fellow splinter fleets.
>>
File: we know that feel brother.png (30KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
we know that feel brother.png
30KB, 500x461px
>>51428072
I feel you
I don't play orks anymore (started in 5e)
>>
>>51428064
It's a pre-Knight LoW. They're all overcosted. Look at Baneblades, Stompas, Tau Mantas and Tyranid GC
>>
>>51426642
>Roboute Guilliman as a Dreadnought
>>
>>51428088
>each Hive Mind "unique"

>each
>>
>>51426713
I don't think the presence of a squad leader would motivate orks that much, maybe replace the "character" point with
-There is another Ork unit with at least 10 wounds in 6"
>>
>>51428088
There are litterally super nids in commorragh we need special hive fleets we just need all the nids to breed to create the stongest hive fleet
>>
File: IMAG2515.jpg (2MB, 4000x2240px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2515.jpg
2MB, 4000x2240px
Did i do good?
>>
>>51428132
Entire statement is a suggestion to make them unique. They're is currently only one.

Which is boring. Entire discussion point.
>>
>>51426762
>Units actually keep their momentum after a melee and don't stand around to get shot to bits in the enemy's turn
YES
>>
>>51428151
>Nids are cooler overall but lack any depth in regards to story.
>we don't need to give them depth we just need stronker Tyranids
>>
>>51428156

Good luck, mate. You'll need it.
>>
>>51428140
>A nob making sure his boyz don't grot out like a bunch of gitz won't keep them in line.

How about just adding it as an additional option. It boosts footslogging.
>>
>>51428182
i dont know. I dont mind the lack of depth the literal nature of them being something here to just devour the galaxy gives me enough of a reason to like them.
>>
File: Assuming_control.png (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Assuming_control.png
266KB, 400x400px
>>51427780
>>51427922
I think the nids would benefit from something similar to Harbinger.

I mean, the hivemind has already ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL of everything near ar synapse creature, but maybe it could ASSUME EXTRA CONTROL to hand out extra powers'n'shit
>>
>>51426861
>2 wound t5 boyz
>snakebites running faster than daemonettes
>free battlewagons
You call this balance?
>>
>Ultramarines are good soldiers because orks think the colour blue is lucky
>Imperial Fists are good at siege warfare because yellow of the colour of DAKKA
>Blood Angles are fast and ferocious because da red wunz go fasta
Fug :DD
>>
File: Untitled.png (156KB, 773x923px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
156KB, 773x923px
Hows this for 1.5k?
Should I swap out the Soul Grinder for another Skull Cannon?
>>
>>51428259
>they are really fired up
>He is really mad xDDDDDDddddD
Kill us now
>>
>>51428190
Why?
>>
>>51427922
The concept of Cerebrates doesn't make sense for tyranids because the Hive Mind and the Overmind are totally different things.

The Hive Mind is a distributed intelligence that is the product of billions of tyranids constantly communicating telepathically via the warp. The Overmind is not just an distinct individual consciousness that controls the Zerg, but also a physical being. They're the complete opposites of each other.

Cerebrates are basically just theater level sub-overmind commanders. It would be totally nonsensical to apply that concept to tyranids.

That doesn't mean that individual hive fleets can't exhibit distinctly different behavior or be adapted to their specific operational environment or even have a certain "character" to them, it's just pertinent to remember that they're not people and don't have and aren't governed by human like consciousnesses, whereas the Zerg explicitly are.
>>
>>51428238
Go look at wraithknights and riptides and their point cost and go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51428273
Death watch a extra expensive space marines but aren't any tougher for it.

Complete glass cannons.
>>
>>51428293
2W T5 boyz are stronger than Wraithknights.
>>
I'm either going to meet a marine equivalent army or Dark Eldar tomorrow, and I managed to whip up this list with the models I have available
I haven't built the other Leman Russ demolisher but from the options available in that kit the Executioner looks the coolest
>>
>>51428293
>Let's balance everything around the outliers
Let me guess you think TL was a shit book because it didn't break the meta.
>>
>>51428293
If we're houseruling balance, you need to assume that you will also tone the fuck down wraithknights and riptides.
This is why random anons on the internet should not do balance. Power creep is never a good idea.
>>
>>51428224
I like that. They become a vessel, only works on multi wound creatures or synapse creatures. Roll a D3 each turn. That's how many units are affected. It can be boosted by objectives completed.

The question is, do we make a table of certain abilities gained or just a flat boost towards their stats?

Could even do a biomass mechanic. Certain amounts of biomass collected can cause mutations in game? Though that kind of goes against collecting it for the actual hive, but I'm sure if the foe was powerful enough, that could slide. Plus, they would just get churned down for their biomass at the end of the fighting while absorbing their memories and abilities. Tyranids definitely deserve a new reboot. Something to make them exciting.
>>
>>51428156
Hell yeah nice choice. Death watch have great models just done skimp on giving the personality.
>>
>>51426861
>bad moons flag
>deathskulls colors

that better be to mock the fact they looted their flag.
>>
>>51428342
Start of your turn you get one Synapse Point equal to the sum of all Synapse Model's Wound

Spend Synapse Points to give units in Synapse special rules. Each special rule has three prices for Small/Medium/Monster models.
>>
>>51428293
Oh, I understand now, you're just a waacfag.

Wraithknights and Riptides are fucking shitty balance, yes, but 'fixing' Orks by making them just as fucking busted is not how you balance shit.
>>
>>51428387
>Start of your turn you get Synapse Points*** equal to the sum of all Synapse Model's Wound
>>
>>51428387
Id be down for this rule if most of the synapse creatures didnt die to a couple stiff breezes
>>
>>51426903
I know I am going to get shit for this, but they basically store the quarians thing from mass effect. Driven off by an enemy they created (obviously this part came first in 40k not mass effect) and forced to live in a giant floatilla (mass effect). But since 40k was basically made by stealing the best parts of sci fi everywhere, I am ok with this.
>>
>>51428238
Honestly? Everything but the Goffs and Snakebites are okay.

Goffs is just retarded because for ten points you could buy a unit three times as hard to kill as a Space Marine.
>>
>>51426861
For Goffs you made boyz better than nobz for a fraction of the cost
>>
>>51428477
>better than nobz for a fraction of the cost
using nobz as the standard for balance is almost as retarded as warp spiders
>>
>>51428461
>evil sunz and bad moons
>500+ free points of shit
>Ok
deathskulls isn't bad.
>>
>>51428421
Tyrgon Prime - 6W so 6 SP
Tyranid Warriors - 3W/m so 3SP/m
Zoanthropes - 2W/m so 2SP/m

I'd also throw in the Tyranid models within 3-6" (WIP) of Synaptic Creatures can LOS infantry Synapse as if they were Independent Characters (2+) and LOS Monsterous Creature Synapse as if they were Characters (4+)
>>
>tg complains every single day that orks suck
>some anon suggests making one change to an elite melee unit that will make them slightly tougher
>everyone spergs out and says it would be op
>implying t5 2w nobz would be the difference that let's orks compete in tourneys
>implying orks would win even with t10 str 10 w5 nobz
>>
>>51428514
>500+ free points of shit
Space Marines and Ad Mech get 500+ points of free shit. Yes, you're not supposed to balance around retarded shit, but those codexes were twice as good to begin with, and those formations are actually only top-tier rather than busted cheese.

500 points of free Ork shit would probably only make Orks on par with Necrons.
>>
>>51428342
Tyranids already have to content with huge amounts of (largely detrimental) special rules. They need to take as much of that kind of shit as possible and throw it in the fucking trash.

The overarching theme of the Tyranids as a faction is the ability to adapt to any situation and I think the 3rd edition codex did the best job of capturing the spirit of that with it's mutation rules. You could create all kinds of crazy bugs of different sizes and variable utility and it happened during list building, not in-game so it wasn't more rules heaped on to you.

So bring that shit back and double down on it by making the majority of units ridiculously customizable. This is how tyranids are described in the fluff, it should be how they are as an actual army.

Throw instinctive behavior in the trash can, I'd rather have my units just outright break and flee towards the closest synapse creature than have to check one of three different tables every time they're out of synapse range.

Unfuck the garbage psychic powers, either give them access to normal powers of come up with separate control/augmentation and attack/defense power tables so my psykers being useful at all isn't totally out of my control.

Also CC monstrous creatures should be able to CC. WS3 is not okay.
>>
>>51428535
No, he said T5 2W Boyz.

The ones you can get mobs of 30 of for pretty cheap.
>>
>>51428156
> Vanguard Vets
> Ever
You did a bad. Double down on librarians and vets unless you're specifically trying to go for Your Dudes, at which point you don't need /tg/ to tell you how it works.
>>
>>51428541
To tack onto what I was saying - 500+ points of free Ork shit is not even the problem, even if you could maybe WAACfag with them (though none of those look like they're buffing warbikers anyway).

The problem with Goffs and Snakebites as proposed is that they're more like 1500+ points of free shit.
>>
>>51428569
I'm inclined to say even that wouldn't make them win, they'd still die to every gun in the game with an ap value
>>
So I want to try out the new Castellans detachment, and a friend of mine wants to try fluffy world eaters. How does this look for 2000 points? Chapter Tactics would be Imperial Fists.

+ Castellans of the Imperium 2000/2000 +

HQ: 300

Saint Celestine: 200
Inquisitor Coteaz: 100

Elites: 420

Dreadnought: 145
- Drop Pod
- Heavy Flamer + Multi-Melta

Eversor Assassin: 135
Culexus Assassin: 140

Troops: 660

10 Tactical Marines: 195
- Meltagun
- Combi-Melta
- Drop Pod

10 Tactical Marines: 195
- Meltagun
- Combi-Melta
- Drop Pod

5 Battle Sisters: 135
- Flamer
- Heavy Flamer
- Immolator w/ Mult-Melta

5 Battle Sisters: 135
- Flamer
- Heavy Flamer
- Immolator w/ Mult-Melta

Fast Attack: 395

10 Rough Riders: 135
- Power Mace
- 1 Meltagun

8 Seraphim: 140
- 2x 2 Hand Flamers

Stormtalon Gunship: 115
- Skyhammer Missiles

Heavy Support: 260

Devastator Squad: 150
- 4 Lascannons

Devastator Squad: 110
- 4 Heavy Bolters
>>
>>51428287
Well in the meantime, we have a race that's been figuratively written into a corner. You can't do much with Tyranids outside of just swarm the galaxy, but people who play them want them to come up more often with greater relevance. Either retcon the whole gestalt consciousness of the Hivemind like some anon said and replace it with a ME style Harbinger which DOES has a personality behind it, or they could make new Tyranid creatures with enough individual intelligence to communicate to the other races and open banter with them.

As much as I like Tyranids ( I play Behemoth colors) There really isn't much to say about them in the narrative other than, "it's a bug swarm, we've been here before"
>>
>>51428095
A Magnus chaos player just won a major ITC tournament and crushed it. His list is one of the big contenders to win the LVO. So maybe you don't like how chaos plays now, but it is certainly not a weak army anymore.
>>
>>51428238
Why not? Codex still will be BAD, but orks can start play - no only be npc-race.
>>51428477
Now i think nobs too must get +1ws and T. Goffs are coolest orks ever.
>>
>>51428535
Just critiqueing the idea lad. That said I don't really like the "make better" approach to balance. I'd rather see gw make armies feel like they the fluff. Like with orks, I'd like to shit like shooting at units locked in combat, or having a roll that let's their flyers kamikaze when they get shot down. Make orks the crazy retards they're supposed to be.
>>
>>51428567
Also you'd think there's be some feel no pain and eternal warrior in a codex for an army full of giant monsters that are canonically fearless, don't feel pain and fight to the death without any sense of self preservation.

You'd also expect them to be invulnerable or at least resistant to poison, since they're canonically invulnerable to poison too.
>>
>>51428639
i think you got the wrong guy.
I was empathizing with him dropping chaos because i played orks
I know how it feels to ply trash
>>
>>51428541
>>51428572
Rather than just give them free shit right off the bat why not give them good rules.

Then, if you must, you can add some decurion that makes all your troop choices free and extra bodies or something so you can waagh with as many bodies as you like.
>>
File: genecults.png (38KB, 713x528px) Image search: [Google]
genecults.png
38KB, 713x528px
>>51428342
It would be great to see some synergy with Genestealer Cults, like possibly being able to benefit from cult ambush if they ally with gc since the cultists hide spore sacks and breed tyranids for the day of the attack. Also semi-human characters are more like to derive from cultists than the hive itself. If tyranids had deep strike and cult ambush options and new characters that could be hybrids of space marines, Tau, Orks, Eldar or Daemons then they could be exciting.
>>
>>51428639
Let me guess Magnus and 3 daemon princes with some Blue horrors as WC batteries?

Fuck the rules writers are incompetent.
>>
>>51428596
Paying for AP versus Orks is actually just a complete waste of points. If you're firing plasma at boyz your unit is not doing something useful.

150 points of T5 2W Boyz take 360 lasgun hits to kill, which is twice as many as a Riptide. They're twice as tough as Wraithguard per unit versus most weapons, and enough plasma to wipe a 150 point unit of boyz would take remove two and a half Wraithknights.

There's aggressive balance, eand then there's retarded.
>>
>
You'd also expect them to be invulnerable or at least resistant to poison, since they're canonically invulnerable to poison too.

Hellfire Ammo is Poisoned 2+

>Hellfire Rounds have devastating results on organic matter, as the rounds were developed to combat the Tyranids. The core and tip are replaced with a vial of mutagenic acid with thousands of needles that fire into the target upon the shattering of the vial, pumping the acid into the foe.

>Designed to kill Tyranids
>Wants rules to make them immune to the very rounds designed to kill them

While we're at it all Daemons should be immune to poison since they're not real and Daemons of Nurgle are gain Wounds caused by poisoned weapons
>>
>>51428624
Except, you know, that they're not a bug swarm. They're an intelligent entity that is able to intentionally design spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel, they aren't limited to being written as an unintelligent swarm of locusts.

That just happens to be how they're written by bad writers.
>>
>>51428731
Don't forget Necrons being completely immune to the rule, because there's no organics to poison!
>>
>>51428273
They aren't super top of the meta, but they aren't so bad they are bottom tier either. Just a middle of the ground balanced army, and probably better as an ally to a larger main army.

Despite that I am starting to paint my DW minatures this year after I finish up my current tau project. These are mostly models for display though. I got a 5 man kill team, a psyker, and a corvus blackstar.

I would seriously look into getting a corvus or two they won't let you down with their firepower.
>>
>>51428731
why the fuck did they take hellfire rounds off of the space marine captain? It's made anything other than the storm bolter worthless
plasma and grav are too fucking expensive to take normally
>>
>>51428674
They should have rules that are actually good, but the only real reason to patch them instead is that you can publish stupid special rules in a supplement and you can't rewrite the codex.
>>
>>51428745
Good catch my friend!
>>
>>51428190
>>51428758
To expand slightly, Deathwatch are an entire army built around the Sternguard unit in Space Marines, and few people take Sternguard as it is.

Since you can have them as Troops, they work really well as an Allied Detachment, and with the existence of frag cannons in drop pods they work amazingly at dismantling enemy death stars, but they die like any other space marine after they've dropped, while costing 8 points more per model.
>>
>>51428710
Magnus and I think 6 deamon princes with wings and a some other stuff. I don't play the game anymore so unless its an army I collect I usually don't pay much attention. The meta will just be changed in a few months anyways with new releases.
>>
>>51428741
Yeah, I know....shame the writers don't. It would go a long way in making the Nids more intimidating if they were showing that intelligence in more stories and not" The Tau managed to out-adapt a race defined by adaptability!"
>>
>>51428802
I hear their bikers are crazy good though.
>>
>>51428714
yea yea, hard to kill boys.
>>
>>51428624
The dumbest thing is that the tyranids have basically been banging their collective head into a wall. They haven't progressed their cause at all since behemoth.

Being an inter-galactic super intelligence you'd think they'd stop, consolidate their forces on the outer fringes of the galaxy, use the knowledge they've gained from past invasions to tailor a force specifically for the imperium and then systematically consume sectors taking pauses to fortify in preparation for counterattack.

They're written dumb when according to their own fluff they shouldn't be dumb.
>>
>>51428833
Not really, since the only upgrade you can take on them is a power sword. They have the coolest helmet in the Imperium in that kit, but you don't take bikers for bolters, no matter how cool the ammo.

Bolters just fundamentally don't win games anymore, if they ever did. Which, as an Imperial Fists player, makes me sad.
>>
Orks don't need to be op with crap rules like free points.
Just fix the points and make reasonable klan rules.

The problem is that GW dosen't care about balance and they don't care about orks (wich was clear after the updated waaagh ghaz was relased)
>>
What's your favorite unit to field? Doesn't even have to be good as long as you like it.
>>
>>51426460
>Evil Suns player for last 8 years
>mfw dat Klan trait
C-Can Biker Boyz be troops?
>>
>>51428850
I have to figure out how to convert these fuckers renegade..
>>
>>51428879
But in AoS - orks are OP. Funny.
>>
>>51428850
A Wyvern that hits three boyz with every single hit will on average, kill a little over 2 boyz, meaning that a dedicated anti-horde unit makes back its points only after shooting every turn for 5 turns.

If you really want to kill massed T5 W2 units what you are really looking for is Manticore spam.
>>
>>51428880
Deathmarks. Few units so effectively change how my opponent plays as them.
>>
File: 99590103061_OrkBossonBike01.jpg (30KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590103061_OrkBossonBike01.jpg
30KB, 600x620px
>>51428894
Yes.
>>
>>51428902
Just cover it in blood, chaos runes, chaos runes written in blood.
>>
>>51428906
Regular Orcs or the new AoS ORUUKIAI
>>
>>51428926
Oh, I know about him, but I don't like using him, because fuckers jump down my throat about FW, which literally fucking kills me, as I've got 39 Biker Boyz
>>
>>51428880
Definitely Devastators. It's like that old eldar comic: "What's my training?" "Everyone around you also has a lascannon."

Either that or Vindicators. The best distraction carnifex deletes multiple units with one shooting phase.
>>
>>51428940
Savage orcs.
90 shooting attack with rerolls of 1 or full rerolls and every 5 and 6 To Hit - generate new shoots.
>>
>>51428880
Ork Bikers and Warbuggies. I have a need for fast and dakka.
>>
>>51428894
> Caring about Troops
> In Formation Edition
The only time troops matter is if you're using Celestine or you're facing Deathwatch.
>>
>>51428948
Did you tell them you play orks?
>>
>>51428906
Those aren't ork, they are orruks anon :^)
>>
>>51428880
Exorcists. Tanks with a pipe organ shooting missles is everything I like about 40k in one model.
>>
>>51428976
>using formations
fortunately everyone I play with skips that garbage, I seriously wish they would just delete them from the game.
>>
>>51428984
Oh boy do they know it
>>51428976
Yeah, I know, but boy oh boy do I fucking hate basic ass boys. They're a tax now a days.
>>51428906
>Orruks
>OP
You fucking what dude? Define OP
>>
>>51429010
>8th Ed Drops
>All formations become Apoc Only
I would be so, so happy.
>>
>>51429011
>You fucking what dude? Define OP
Overpowered
>>
>>51428880
Maulerfiends.

Dreadnoughts.
>>
>>51429038
Yes anon, what makes them OP? My Skaven fist them real often.
>>
>>51429034
fucking please
they're so fucking obnoxious, and you only see mono-lists because of it
>>
>>51426714
Melta bombs pointless if you're taking them alongside an axe. Can only use one.
>>
>>51429034
Would detachments that aren't Formation-based still be there? Because if not, my Skitarii are fucked.
>>
>>51429064
It's degenerative game design. People will say you can't use them, and the response would be "Sure you can, in Apoc". Like, I remember how much fun 5th Ed was, I want to go back to that. The most I would ever, EVER want is Force Org modifications like Realspace Raiders, that give a benifit.
>>51429083
Force Orgs but modified would be good, I think.
>>
File: toxicrene-en.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
toxicrene-en.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I want to field a toxicrene because model, but I can't imagine a situation where it will do anything. Like at all.
>>
>>51429101
Remove all Formations and Detachments that aren't based around battlefield roles, that seems to be a pretty good compromise. Can you think of anything that would still be fucked?
>>
>>51428938
It's never that easy for someone who cares too much about the hobby aspect
>>
>>51429104
it will tie up my autocannon teams for a turn or two
>>
>>51429101
agreed
5th was the most fun, everything was balanced, 6th added some great changes, but assault got fucked HARD and that always bothered me.
>>
>>51429131
What do you mean, battlefield rolls?
>>
>>51429147
HQ, Troops, Elites, Fast Attack, Heavy Support, and Lord of War. You know, the battlefield roles, as defined in the BRB?
>>
>>51429157
Oh, okay. Yeah, that makes sense.
>>
>>51429054
Take BONEGRINZ WARCLAN.
Take Kunnin’ Rukk with 2*30 Arrowboys and 2*10 regular boys.
Take 3 maniak werdnobs.
and other shit as you like.

Cast 3 lore spell on Arrowboys, cast with double BONESPIRIT
and get devastating mob of shooting.
>>
>>51429104
Lots of attacks, good cover save if you can get something to stand in front of it.
>>
>>51429180
So do you actually play AoS or are you parroting the internet? I assfucked that list earlier this week, and can give you input if you'd like.
>>
>ppl ITT dislike formations
Let me guess, you play eldar/tau?
>>
>>51429104
It's a pretty good Monster Hunter. Just a little slow.
>>
>>51428880
Tyranid Warriors and Shrikes. I love the models.
>>
>>51428268
Thanks
>>
>>51429131
>>51429101
my favorite part about tabletop compared to say video games
we get to pick and choose what we want to do, we don't have to follow any book to the letter, and can mix and match rules that should exist. As long as it's in the name of fun with friends
>>
>>51428758
Should i just resell the vanguard vets?
>>
>>51429217
IG/SM
>>
>>51429229
>Fun with friends
>mfw local meta is tourney faggots and autismos who only play by the book
Like, that's cool anon, and I'm happy for you that you have a cool group. But, sometimes, people aren't exactly interested in not following it by the book
>>
>>51429217
Have played within the last month:
Sisters of Battle
Space Marines (Imperial Fists)
Deathwatch
Grey Knights
Inquisition
Necrons
Skitarii
Cult Mechanicus

Currently considering picking up Battlegroup: Hammerblow with my tax return. Anyone have any experience with it?

>>51429238
If you can find a buyer, sure.
>>
>>51429238
don't they're awesome models and fun as hell to use
>>
>>51429215
Yes, i play. But using my 40k orks. Kill with this list beastclaw with 2 Thundertusk.
>>
>>51429064
>Implaying Formation don't make mono list more common.
>Some armies requiere certain formations to even function.
>This is not mono list because it brings random shit to the game.

Anon stay pleb and go
>>
>>51429256
Winning is fun, and there's no value in winning if you don't play by the rules. Well, unless there's prize money on the line, in which case go for the money, higher moral ground be damned.
>>
>>51429217
I play Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, and Orks
>>51429273
I play Skaven, and Gautfyre Skorch, Stormfiend Spam, Acolyte Spam and Mortar spam meme on these guys real fucking hard.
>>
>>51429136
When you give no background you get shitty answers.

>How do I make Wyverns match my Renegades

You know, the book that is MASSIVELY open ended.

Are your renegades: ex-guardsmen, a planet that left the imperium, mutants that rose up, chaos guardsmen, if so which god do they follow?

Because each of those would have vastly different styles to personalize the Wyverns to their army.

But you didn't give any useful background. So go ahead and cover it in blood and runes. That will make it abundantly clear it's a Renegade Wyvern.
>>
>>51429263
I just started a necron army a month ago but i didnt like them so i bought me into deathwatch i wasnt shure which models i should buy in the first place
>>
>>51429280
That's what he was saying, is that formations create mono-lists.

You hit on an actual point in there, in that certain armies aren't playable without the formations that came out to put them on the right level.
>>
>>51429262
>>51429263
Im planing on buying a Imperial knight for backing up the vets is that a good idea?
>>
>>51429292
May be. I never play with skavens, so don;t know how hard they can be. May be you right.
>>
>>51429320
Imperial Knights are a safe / good buy
Can fit into any Imperium list.
>>
>>51429320
Imperial Knights are a Good Unit, but because they can be drag and dropped into literally any imperial list they're sorta looked down on as cheap.
>>
>>51429219
The thing is, if I am going to spend those kinds of points on a heavy support I could get an exocrine for 10 points more or a mawloc for 20 points less and both would be more effective.

The costing of the tyranid MCs is so off base compared to their effectiveness it's hard to justify taking anything other than the best ones.
>>
>>51429323
>I automatically get T1 because I deploy 1 thing on the table
>T1 Hero Phase 12 Stormfiends come out of the ground, deal 24d3 mortal wounds with no to hit or to wound roll
And that's how it do. My games take less than 30 minutes with them.
>>
>>51429300
Castellan formation is so odd. It is basically a CAD with more space.

With SoB it basically Celestine and Coteaz are 300 points locks and almost mandatory. Unless you are going for 1000 points or less and doing super cheap priest and random Inquisitor for HQ.

Why even bother with CAD with SoB when Castellan makes you slightly better by basically using your standard list of ages.
>>
>>51429341
Sounds very cool.
Can you give me full army list? Wanna kick off uor woodman with bow-spam and 3 forests.
>>
>>51429366
It's literally just two CADs stapled together - but without Coteaz, you lose ObSec, which means it's actually sorta shit? And a CAD is better if you don't care to sink that many points into Troops, which I can't blame people for not wanting to do.
>>
>>51429338
Example: before WK were GC and just MC, Toxcrines were great at killing them. Since with whips they were I6 And on 6 means it would die.
>>
>>51428624
>Well in the meantime, we have a race that's been figuratively written into a corner. You can't do much with Tyranids outside of just swarm the galaxy

You're a retard
>>
>>51429320
Imp knight is always a good addition to any army.
>>
Why are tyranids players the biggest shit lords about fluff? I understand you being upset about game performance but there's so much butt hurt in regards to you not being the big bad guys your codex says you are. Why can't nid players accept the fact that they aren't relevant?
>>
>>51429370
>Clan Skyre 200 Points
>Gaut Fyre
>4 Stormfiend
>1 Warlock Engineer
>1 Grinder
>2 Warpfire Thrower Teams
>10 Acolyte Unit for Objective Camp
>5 for Objective Camp
Boom. Be careful in Objective based games. Also, don't actually buy the Acolyte blister, just take Clan Rats, and add Cadian hand grenades.
>>
>>51429473
*4 Stormfiend units of 3, whoops
>>
>>51429472
>Why can't nid players accept the fact that they aren't relevant?
this is about as honest a question as asking someone why they want to continue living
>>
>>51429338
It had lots of attacks with a decent strength + poison.

vs t4 or lower that's a reollable 2+ to wound allowing it to munch marines and terminators like nothing.
>>
>>51429473
>>51429516

Thanks!
>>
>>51429538
>I'm not the center of attention
>my only option is suicide
I knew a lot of girls play nids but I didn't think there was that many of them
>>
>>51429280
anon that's what i was saying
>>
>>51429104
In a tyrannocyte, it could do a bit of damage, come down turn two in some cover, poison blast something, attack next turn.

It would be good if you multi-assaulted an elite squad with it and something like gargoyles, the 2+ poison with instant death, plus smash for ap2 would chew through elite squads, especially since lash whips would make most things go last.
>>
>>51429683
Thats assuming it passes the ld test for instinctive behavior
>>
>>51429731
27.8% chance to fail Ld 8
50% after failing Ld to lose ability to shoot
13.9% to not shoot if outside Synapse

Not terrible odds. Especially when Flyrants exist
>>
>>51429731

Flyrants make your forward units more likely to be in synapse than your backfield units.

The problem though is that Tyrannocytes are massively overpriced pieces of garbage
>>
>>51429731
Run those gargoyles with a flyrant and skytyrant swarm it?

Just throwing ideas out, I like theory hammer for shit /mediocre units.
>>
>>51429858
>>51429855
>>51429824
I constantly forget that flyrants exist becuase i just run a barebones hive tyrant. I know i know its shit but i cant find the points to give it anything.
>>
Man, I feel sorry for the Nid guys. I was watching a game at the FLGS last night, and obviously Carnifex and friends were busy throwing Predators and Land Raiders about like tin cans, since it was a 4x4 board. After a while they invited me to join the next game, so I grabbed some SkitMech. I asked what was so bad about Nids and he just handed me the book.

Basically everything was"wait, they don't get/have XYZ?" Same with the Deldar codex, before I read it someone could have told me Wych were WS6 Rending 4++ and I wouldn't have questioned it at all. Still wouldn't, to be fair.

Honestly, that seems to be most of the problems with bad books. They don't have half the reasonable, normal combat options, let alone good specific ones. Carnifex are apparently WS3, Wyches are WS4 AP-, ect, ect.

On the upside, all the options they no longer have work well for converting my Admech Genetor troops.
>>
>>51429855
>I don't use tyrannocytes so I hadn'tread the dataslate in a while
>Mfw

75pts for that piece of shit... For that price, they could've at least let you charge out of it.
>>
File: Robin_Cruddace.jpg (30KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Cruddace.jpg
30KB, 500x495px
>>51429915
That woulda made nids to OP anon what are you thinking
>>
>>51429915
The worst thing is that they were actually okay before the FAQ. When you could point all 15 deathspitter shots wherever it kinda made up for BS2 for tearing through infantry squads, so they could make up the massive difference in cost they have with regular drop pods.

But no, they needed to give a fucking Monstrous Creature firing arcs. Fuck GW.
>>
>>51429929
OK, I laughed.

I feel like it should do something a bit more unique though, it would maybe have slightly more value if it could let things embark back in it for protection, or could swallow enemy squads but not damage them (a forced embark so that they can't charge next turn, but they can shoot at the tyrannocyte from inside).
>>
>>51429929
I curse his name to this day.
>>
>>51428438

You're a retard. The Quarian's entire back story was in itself ripped off from Battlestar Galactica, which came out in what, the 70's?
>>
>>51429955
To be fair it doesn't make a ton of sense otherwise. The meat pods just need a cost reduction for sure.
>>
>>51428741

Intelligence =\= sentience. The problem he's describing isn't that the Tyranids are dumb, but that they lack any direction beyond "eat everything". That limits their narrative potential because any plot they're involved in is going to ALWAYS end in either "they eat everything and move on" or "they die".
>>
>>51428639
People are really dissing Magnus. Probably because they play with actual dumshits who just throw Ds around and waste all their WC on nothing.

It's painful seeing dumbasses using Gaze instead of Doombolt to kill termies.

I'm just sad you can't field him with TS since they are terrible, but what can you do.
>>
>>51430094
But do they really need more than that? i mean sure it makes them predictable for writing about but at the same time it also makes them unique amongst the factions.
>>
Khorne Scions anon here agian. So I was thinking that I should glue some zombie heads to their belts and shit, add some Blood for the Blood God paint, maybe a torso or two for the champions and some Marks of Khorne and spikes to seal the deal. Should it work out fine?
>>
Do we have a crack of the Deathwatch Codex? I didn't see one in the rules.
>>
>>51430495
ily guys
>>51430495
you're all amazing
>>51430495
>>
>>51430151

If you want them to have the amount of exposure that other factions have, then yeah they do need more.

Look at how many different dynamics you can have in a Chaos vs X story, or Eldar vs X, then compare it to Tyranids vs anything. In a Chaos story you can have betrayals, face-turns/redemption arcs, personal vendetta's and revenge plots, falls from grace, Greek tradgedies etc.

And then Tyranids. There can never be character drama or development in a Tyranid story, because there are no characters. They can't ever be anything more than a faceless swarm of NPC's.

A d I mean if you like that then cool- I like 'nids. I'm just explaining to the anons from before why 'nids will never be allowed to have any real spotlight in the overall 40k universe.
>>
>>51428912
I'm guessing you've never actually seen a wyvern on the table,
2 dead boyz? come on.
>>
>>51428567
>They need to take as much of that kind of shit as possible and throw it in the fucking trash.
I should have mentioned that. They should remove anything that Cruddace added and start from a clean slate.

I like the idea of them getting abilities on the tabletop to represent them "adapting" in the field. The "ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL" was something that seemed like a nice add-on. Literally, the Hive Mind itself pushing beasts past their limits and abilities. D3 Synapse units gaining certain abilities depending on the turn number and objective points earned could be interesting. Just have to figure out what... like maybe extra Psyker Mastery levels for certain things (Zoans, Tyrants, Broodloords, Patriarchs), or FNP at a 4+, or their carapace can harden to improve their save by +1.

The addition of collecting Biomass for killing and losing units has a precedent in the Khorne Daemonkin codex. Slaughtercult can opt to just lose Cultists if they have to take a single Morale Check for more Blood Tithe points. It's not that much bookkeeping. Especially if you could sacrifice certain units like Gargoyles, Hormagants, and Ripper Swarms. Gants would be too much since you can just poop out more with Tervigons. Though I suppose it could be tamed by just lessening the effect of certain levels of Biomass tokens or requiring more Biomass tokens for certain abilities.

They could have done so much with the Tyranids, but they made them out to be dumb beasts outside of synapse and so lack luster, with heaps of rules you don't need. Just simplify it.
>>
>>51430811
The conversation occurred in an alternate universe where boyz are T5 W2.
>>
>>
>>51426887
No. The general lack of models did. You can't make an army from what they gave us and geedubs are anal about third party..
>>
>>51427111
But Catachans still exist anon.
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.