[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a Jedi and a Sith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: Darth_Marr.png (1MB, 791x989px) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Marr.png
1MB, 791x989px
So /TG/ what makes a Jedi and for that matter a Sith? Is it Their teachings? Their codes? Their Adherence to a Simplistic philosophical Morality? Which side of the force they use?

I ask Simply because they have been a few Jedi and Sith alike, to receive training, to have been taught their respective codes, adhere to their Simplistic Morality, and use the force. But don't simply care for their respective Order
>>
>What is wookipedia
>>
>>51404988
>Using a site that can be easily change tk whatever you like
>>
>>51404945
They're organizations anon, it's not that deep.
If you're trained by a Jedi/Sith and follow their rules, you're a Jedi/Sith.

Those guys you mentioned that don't like the Orders are just force-users. You can call them Grey Jedi if you want, but prepare for nerd rage.
>>
>/TG/

>>>/wookiepedia/
>>>/out/
>>
>>51404945
Jedi:
>I'm an anal retentive, hypocritical, fun hating asshole, who's behavior alternates between a Lawful Stupid, busy body, Paladin and a mix of a Shaolin and a Buddhist Monk depending on what's convenient. We act like Lightsabers are an incredibly hard weapon to train with to keep them out of he hands of the Plebs, even though it's basically just like swinging around a fucking flash light.

Sith:
>I wanna be an asshole, but not just any random asshole. No, I wanna be the most Assholey of Asshole's there ever was. That Why is Why I'm taking an apprenticeship from the Master of Jackassary. My philosophy is so Douchey, that only one other Sith can exist because if there were more, we'd just spend all our time fucking each other over.

Everyone Else
>You guys are fucking faggots, you know that right?
>>
>>51405528
This pleases me.

Sexually.
>>
>>51404999
>listening to the retarded ramblings of a website dedicated to Mongolian oral traditions over a bunch of Star Wars autists with meticulous sourcing

Go read Wookiepedia you faggot.
>>
>>51405528
Sounds about right
>>
>>51405933
He left out the inevitable physical deformities for going Sith, ranging from looking like you have a kidney disorder, looking like you're an extra in cheap horror movie, a bunch of cybernetics, and shitty tribal tattoos.
>>
>>51406042
You also left out the lightside corruption. How jedi of you
>>
>>51405528
That's why you go mandalorian. Sweet armour and one day you'll be hard emough to kill jedi with your bare hands.
>>
>>51406066
>lightside corruption.
Wat. I've never heard of this.
>>
>>51404945
Two different philosophies.
>There is no emotion, There is Peace
>There is no ignorance, There is Knowledge
>There is no passion, There is Serenity
>There is no chaos, There is Harmony
>There is no death, There is the Force

>Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
>Through Passion I gain Strength
>Through Strength I gain Power
>Through Power I gain Victory
>Through Victory my chains are broken
>The Force shall set me free.

The Jedi code emphasizes seeking peace,balance and accepting nature. The Force is something to use for the betterment of others. The Sith code emphasizes the Force is a tool to be used for self-empowerment.

But when you boil it down they're both dudes in robes with glowing swords that use magic to kill people.
>>
>>51406119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE
>>
>>51406107
>That's why you go mandalorian. Sweet armour and one day you'll be hard enough to kill jedi with your wampa hands.
ftfy
>>
>>51404945

Because Jedi lie. And they manipulate. And every act of charity or kindness they do, you can drag it out squirming into the light and see it for what it is. The galaxy doesn't need Jedi arrogance or Jedi hypocrisy anymore.
At least the Sith are honest about what they're killing for. The Jedi are pacifists... except in times of war. They're teachers... except when it comes to telling their students the truth. And when they save you, it's only so you can suffer more.
>>
File: EvenFilesKnowAboutDarthPlagueis.jpg (39KB, 485x487px) Image search: [Google]
EvenFilesKnowAboutDarthPlagueis.jpg
39KB, 485x487px
>>51406456
Sith mind tricks, I can see.

The Jedi /do/ manipulate. This is because they were trained to know the grander scheme of things, this does not make them better than anybody mind you. The Jedi need to be humble. But whereas a Jedi won't interfere on a baker's methods, the baker should not interfere when the Jedi controls or manipulates the people around him for the betterment of the planet.

The Jedi Order distances itself from gains and riches, and lives in sobriety. They have left behind emotions, and useless worldly notions, replaced with cold reasoning.

The Jedi are robots. Calculated world improving robots.
>>
>>51404945
>what makes a Jedi

Good guy with magic powers and a lightsaber.

>a Sith?

Bad guy with magic powers and a red lightsaber.
>>
>>51405367
This.
Here's some EU/Legends lore:

>Jedi are stagnant
>Breed emotionally-stunted dogmatic yes-men
>Huge surprise when one falls to the dark side
>It keeps happening due to the Jedi order always falling into the same stagnation
>Played a huge part in creating the Sith order
>Luke Skywalker's praxeum was probably the best thing to have happened to the Jedi

>Sith are self-destructive
>Constantly killing each other to prove supremacy
>Since the dark side is "unlimited power" and absolute power corrupts absolutely, the Sith constantly act like retarded violent pissbabies.
>Bane's rule of two saved the Sith order from eating itself

Every other force-using organisation is superior.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.