[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 524
Thread images: 72

File: New General Image.jpg (478KB, 1000x1280px) Image search: [Google]
New General Image.jpg
478KB, 1000x1280px
Mega down edition

>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, PLEASE ASK FOR IT WE LOVE POINTING IT OUT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Beware the Aharlequinsi)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>51356377
Why is this thing half formed? It looks like an abortion.
>>
>>51356390
Well it is
>>
>>51356390
wow rude
not everyone has the luxury of being born fully formed, anon
check your natural-birth privilege
>>
So what are the Dark Eldar going to be renamed?

DAeldari? Mistakes? Just rolled into Aeldari?
>>
>>51356415
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Imperials
Codex: Aeldari
Codex: Chaos
Codex: Taucrontyri

Tyranids and Orks are being rolled into an appendix in the core rules as NPC armies intended for solo-play.
>>
>>51356390
Eldrad was preparing for the birth, when suddenly Dr Watch Captain Artemis performed a house call with his power-coathanger.
>>
>>51356435

I was starting to think this was a load of bullshit until I read this.

>Tyranids and Orks are being rolled into an appendix in the core rules as NPC armies intended for solo-play.

You heard it here first, folks.
>>
>>51356440

I thought it was a Dreadnought giving him a Plasma Cannon enema
>>
The epub mega is a goner. Sad.
>>
>>51356440
>artemis is the reason the ynnavatar is man-sized rather than knight/nagash-sized
God emperor bless his noble heart. If only he could have finished the job and GW instead put out a proper Avatar of Khaine model instead of sephiroth the particle effecthog.
>>
Does anybody know if you can combine IA books? I play renegades, and would like to use the Special Characters from The Seige of Vraks (IA:7), but I'd rather use the units from Warmachines of the Lost and the Damned (IA:13).
>>
>>51356473
Need more specifics.
>>
>>51356469
https://mega.nz/#F!CtRSVSDY!2u0FP6Ry4k-TCzJdZLc_Jw

archive of the epubs from september, download them while you can
>>
Did anyone ever see New Celestine die to anything that's not a LoW or anything with similar firepower so far?
Used her for the first time yesterday and she ended up ending the game at full wounds, despite eating half an army worth of shots non-stop.
>>
>>51356507
the emperor protect anon
>>
>>51356492

Thanks man!
>>
>>51356507
New Celestine is OP as fuck. Absurdly durable, fast, deadly in CC, decent shooting, AoE buffs, and competitively priced.
>>
File: scared.png (199KB, 200x238px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
199KB, 200x238px
>'Oh man it sure is a nice time to like Biel-Tan with all these Aspect Formations'
>'I wonder if we'll get plastic Aspects?'
>'Or even new Phoenix Lords?'
>Next campaign is called FRACTURE OF THE BIEL-TAN

What is with GW just shitting all over factions? First it was Cadia, now best craftworld is about to kerplode? How the fuck can I forge a narrative when you keep dictating it to me Geedubs?
>>
>>51356528
How does I7 work with H&R anyway? Never used Jump Pack units before, aren't I checks 1d6 and need to be lower than the value? Is it just an auto-pass for her?
>>
>>51356536
>Cadians still alive
>Biel-tan Eldar will still be alive
What exactly are you crying about? "Oh no, GW killed a bunch of nobodies in a terrible book that nobody really cares about."
>>
>>51356538
a 6 is always a fail for hit and run, so anything over I5 doesnt affect hit and run
>>
>>51356538
Try reading the rules for Characteristic tests.

They're similar to saving throws.
>>
>>51356483

There's an HQ demon prince in the Siege of Vraks book I'd like to take, but he isn't in the Warmachines book. Problem is the Warmachines book has access to elite troop choices I'd like.

Can I take both?
>>
>>51356507
>despite eating half an army worth of shots non-stop.
she ate them all because shes fucking fat
>>
>>51356545

>What exactly are you crying about?

You could've answered that question by reading the post, but it's far easier to be a fanny and contribute nothing to the thread.
>>
>>51356568
Presumably both say that they can be used in a CSM detachment.

Why don't you pull your head of your ass and actually give us some specifics?
>>
>>51356568
with a second detatchment, yes you can

if there is a rule somewhere which states both books are the same faction and can be used as such in the same detatchment, then also yes
>>
>>51356549
Ah, that was my second guess, thanks.

>>51356551
I did, just not thoroughly enough I suppose.
>>
>>51356574
The AM and Eldar factions will still be the same as they were before and there's still nothing stopping you from forging your own narrative. You're literally whining about nothing.
>>
>>51356528
That is not what is known as competitively priced anon. What you are describing are the problems with wraithknights and taunar. They are criminally underpriced. Or OP if you will.
>>
This Avatar is going to have... T 7? 8?

Just thinking how I'm going to have to kill it when all the faggots in my store buy it
>>
>>51356583

>Cadians without Cadia
>Biel-tanians without Biel-tan
>The same as before

Losing the worlds that defined is taking quite a fucking lot from the narrative potential. You're being a prick for no reason.
>>
>>51356583
>The AM and Eldar factions will still be the same as they were before
except you know, without their main factions.
>>
>>51356598
Cadians and Biel-Tan are not their main factions.

They just get a lot of attention, but it could literally be anyone else just as easily.
>>
>>51356598
then its time for new plastics for astra militarum and eldar!

everyone wins!
>>
>>51356612

I'm not buying a single Guardsmen for my new Astra force (now 5 tanks and counting) until this shit is all over
>>
>>51356612
But anon i want all my models to look exactly the same
>>
>>51356598
Cadians setting up copies of their home world all over the place has been part of the fluff for a while now.

>>51356594
Biel-tan might survive.

It also adds potential. Now Cadians can be hobos trying to get revenge.
>>
>>51356589
200 is pretty standard for a special character, and Celestine is OP.
>>
>>51356572
first time a fat joke on Saint Celestine makes me laugh. Well played

>>51356591
Difficult to say. He/she/xer looks pretty frail for a God. But its a God of Death, so it is normal for it to look like a skelly
>>
>>51356591
T5-6 I guess.
My fear is, that it can compete with that avatar of khaine statline, that would be bad
>>
>>51356589
she's lord of war material, for cheaper than most lord of wars and DOESNT take up a LoW slot
>>
>>51356618
wouldnt you like some updated imperial guardsmen?

imagine how good they would look now. think about how good genestealer neophytes look.

thats how good they will be.
>>
>>51356620

Now they can only be hobos trying to get revenge. If you happened to have your own ideas about how the defense of Cadia might've gone then tough shit apparently.

Surely, the whole appeal of an end times scenario is having your own narrative campaigns to decide, not just having mandated plot advancements?
>>
>>51356637

If it's cawl/celestine tier it's going to be way better than avatar of khaine
>>
>>51356610

Cadians are most definitely the main sub faction of IG.
>>
>>51356662
No i want all guard to have the same look but with an updated mold :^)
>>
>>51356575
>>51356578

Right, sorry anons it's 5am and I haven't slept yet. Let me give this one more go.

In the Siege of Vraks book, the Renegade and Heretics have access to a Demon Prince of Nurgle named Mamon as an HQ choice. Nowhere in his text does it say he has to be the army's warlord.

Now, in the Warmachines book, the Renegades and Heretics have access to a company commander equivalent, called an Arch Demagogue. One of the upgrades the AD can take turns him into a Bloody Handed Reaver. This not only unlocks a unit called Grenadiers (4+ save, hotshot lasguns), but it allows me to take them as troop choices.

In order to upgrade the AD to a BHR, he has to be the army's warlord.

I would like to keep them in the same detachment, because I don't want to have to pay troops tax on what I consider inferior (for the list build, at least) troop choices from the SoV book.

But all that is pretty much moot, because the main question is- if the same faction is represented in two different Imperial Armor books, am I allowed to mix and match their contents? Or do I have to reserve them into two separate detachments?

Hopefully that clears up any questions you had about specifics, cause I don't know how to get any more clear.
>>
With all the shit about formations i think they open up a huge sub category that some factions are already starting to use. It allows armies to not have to take HQs. Like the Skitarii and Harlequins dont have.
>>
Sounds fine
>>
>>51356697
Sounds good to me anon
>>
>>51356669
I'm okay with "better".
I don't care if it is low priced for what it offers.
As long it's not just a pure CC monster like the Avatar of Khaine.
>>
>>51356663
they sort of tried letting actual battles decide events with storm of chaos and that was an absolute disaster

GW have learned not to leave plot up to chance and that's probably a good thing
>>
>>51356572
Thicccccc
>>
>>51356662
If the Tempestus are anything to go by new Guardsmen are going to suck and be covered in shitty baroque trim and will lack the utilitarian look of the Cadian models.
>>
>>51356727
Avatar of Khaine gives good morale and melee buffs to nearby Eldar units, he's more than just an impressive beatstick.
>>
>>51356633
>He/she/xer looks pretty frail... ...it is normal for it to look like a skelly

Hey! Nagash is a skelly and does not look frail.

>then again pretty sure Nagash's femur is as big as this guy's body...
>>
I think all 3 of these new models look awesome in their own way. Too bad i dont collect 40k and aint spending that kinda dosh just to paint something.
>>
>>51356750
i quite like the scions look, the berets are kinda retarded though considering its supposed to protect you from harsh planets and shit
>>
>>51356766
then why did you come into this thread
>>
>>51356753
It would be normal for this Avatar to give huge morale boosts too. Maybe it should just be a support character?
>>
>>51356637
>>51356669
Remember, Celestine is "only T3" yet she's probably one of the most durable models in 40K
>>
>>51356769
maybe the command squad is posted on a desert world and it's so hot they need the berets so they don't overheat

imo scions look like baby space marines and nothing like guard
>>
>>51356769
A lot of people like them but I have loads of and am fond of the Kasrkin models, and I liked the Space SAS look of the old Stormtroopers. If the Tempestus were something else rather than a replacement for existing units it'd be fine. I just don't trust GW with IG based on what they've produced lately.
>>
>>51356637
why would that be bad?

it's the savior of eldar and the setting, the avatar of the god which will subdue the chaos gods
>>
File: Kirkmeme.jpg (21KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kirkmeme.jpg
21KB, 400x250px
>>51356377
I'm a big fan of eldar, I play them in tabletop and I use them extensively when I GM the 40K RPGs, but I have one question...

What does a god need with a mundane power sword?
>>
>>51356778
>Termies are so fragile
>Celestine is so durable
Explain for a relative noob please. She looks like an executioner or two/some Grav squads would just delete her
>>
>>51356791
>imo scions look like baby space marines and nothing like guard

Imo scions look like a nice middle ground between Space Marines and Guardsmen

And I want a new guardsmen sprue if nothing else to help resolve all those awfully placed model-lines
>>
>>51356803
>it's the savior of eldar and the setting
Why is such a thing a model on the tabletop? If only I had realised when the Baneblade came out in plastic just how bad things would get.
>>
>>51356814
she has eternal warrior and a crazy invuln save and she deflects wounds two her supporting wound-slaves who she can revive one per turn (aka healing 2 wounds)
>>
>>51356415
Ynneas Eladrith, you plebian. Vect will never die.
>>
>>51356811

Looks pretty fancy to me. What I want to know is why red dude has a dire blade.
>>
>>51356829
by that logic why is the avatar of khaine a model on the tabletop, why is the baneblade, why is the landraider, why even have space marines as models on the tabletop

how dare you play with models which have ties to the lore
>>
>>51356811
it's the avatar of a god. And Warhammer gods have always been very heavy on symbolism and aesthetics
>>
>>51356572

>this
>>
File: hxs8VZQ.jpg (535KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
hxs8VZQ.jpg
535KB, 1191x842px
Just bought some 40K minis for the first time in 15+ years.
Got some paints too, they looked at me funny when I asked for blood red, sunburst yellow and mithril silver.

Anyway I now have some orc boys and a truck.
I am thinking of going bad moon colours for everything but any fast attack stuff (that will be red).

I am not decided yet, does anyone have something like pic related for orcs?
>>
>>51356803
Because power creep. It'd be really nice if they don't release new units that simply invalidate older ones.

Plus the Avatar of Ynnead is actually a LOT smaller than the Avatar of Khaine model-wise, so it'd seem a bit bizarre to have the floaty twink be more durable than the molten iron possessed statue.
>>
>>51356814
2 respawning T3 2W bodyguards, 4++ invulns for everyone, she has eternal warrior and she has a 93% chance to respawn after she dies, which also respawns 1 bodyguard

if you can kill her twice over 2 turns you need at the very minimum 26 S6 ap2 wounds on average
>>
>>51356856
no
>>
For a newbie, shit tier, fluffy list what's the best way to get a Techmarine into a skitarii list as warlord. CAD or the armored task force formation?
>>
File: Back To Tumblr.png (308KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back To Tumblr.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>51356734

This meme needs to die.
>>
File: floaty twink.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
floaty twink.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>51356857
>floaty twink be more durable than the molten iron possessed statue

not pictured here: the shockingly easy to destroy gorkanaut
>>
>>51356861
New Celestine is a DISTRACTION CARNIFEX

She is hardy that's it. She wins fight by attrition not because she has proper Melee or Shooting
>>
>>51356811
I assume it'll be an artifact on par with the Wailing Doom the Khaine Avatar carries.
>>
>>51356814
She has 2+/4++ 5W Eternal Warrior
As well as two sidegirls sporting 3+/4++ 2W

Special rule forces her to pass Wounds to her girls and bring one back each game turn.

Combined with if you do manage to kill her. She's coming back with 5W so you'll have to do it again and she's IC so she'll never be on her own

>two/some Grav squads would just delete her

Assuming she's not attached to a squad it will take 18 Grav shots at BS4 to kill her Twins and then ANOTHER 18 BS4 Grav shots to kill her the first time.

And if you fail she beings back one Twin and you're 9 Grav shots away from killing the Twin
>>
>>51356874
unbound
>>
File: lol98.jpg (85KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
lol98.jpg
85KB, 651x641px
Hey /40kg/ I have an interesting rules question for you.

So the Necrons have a special formation called a Retribution Phalanx.
The rules for it read as follows.

"If the unit of Necrons warriors or scarabs from a retribution phalanx is wiped out, it can return to the battlefield at the start of your next turn. This unit must be set up within 3" of the necron overlord from this formation."
It doesn't specify a particular size of these units.

Now Spyders have a rule which allows them to construct new scarab bases, and add them to a unit already on the table. This even allows them to increase the unit beyond its starting size.

So my question is, what happens when a unit that has had its size increased in that way, is wiped out and returns to the table using this special rule?

For example, if I start play with 3 scarabs in the unit, buff it to 5 with spyders, then the unit is wiped out, how many scarabs are in the unit when it returns?
What if I start with 3 scarabs, buff it to 5, then lose 1 to enemy fire, then buff the unit to 6 scarabs, then the unit is wiped out. Do I get 3 scarabs? 6? 7?
>>
>>51356856
i dont. but if you go to the mega in op theres a section with old codexes, and the ork codexes have great art
>>
>>51356857
last I checked the avatar of khaine was finecast and nobody used him

seems to me like it wouldn't be so bad if he was removed from the codex all together
>>
>>51356906
thanks! Will download it
>>
>>51356906
>mega in the OP
A-anon ive got some bad news for you
>>
So after i got some tips about DE las thread im thinking about a colour scheme any good ones, btw i dont like the normal black scheme
>>
>>51356886
>not because she has proper Melee or Shooting

6 S5 ap3 and up to another 6 s3 ap3 attacks on the charge at ws7 and 5, I7 and I4 respectively is really nice for a distraction carnifex who is also your warlord, plus zealot

plus she's mobile and has a flamer, sure the flamer wont do much but you dont really care about being out positioned with her, so you can fairly easily get in positions to maximise the flamer
>>
Okay, ork player here moving into grey knights, my best friend is still salt about them from 6e, how do I convince him they aren't OP cheese anymore and also what models should I look into getting?
>>
>>51356916
lexicannum list of kabals
>>
>>51356880
Well yeah, this is an example of the problem. 2/3 of the heroes in the last Gathering Storm were disgustingly hard to kill, and one even made vehicles around him hard to kill. Thanks to that power creep, there's literally zero reason to take the Celestine in the still valid Sisters codex over this one unless you're playing at super low points.
>>
>>51356886
>5 Attacks at I7 S5 AP3 Armorbane
>not proper melee
y u lie?
>>
>>51356917
Don't forget her Once Per Game S8 AP3 big pieplate. I think she's BS5-BS7 so it will hit on mark.
>>
>>51356919
2 dread knights a grandmaster and a couple strike squads.
>>
>>51356933
oh noooooooooooooooooo

it's almost like they want you to buy things

how horrible
>>
>>51356915
this one has them and didnt get (((shut down)))
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>>
File: vomit.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>51356945
>stale pdfs

epub master race
>>
>>51356943
That doesn't make it okay to just keep dialling up the power of new things to sell models. They could try by making good looking models rather than needing a power incentive.
>>
>>51356942
Any particular upgrades/builds I could look towards, honestly I have no idea how to play GK and don't even know basic shit like whether I should ferry my strike squads in a rhino or if that isn't efficient.

I heard their librarians were really good??? Is this a meme or what.
>>
>>51356904
>>
>>51356887
Wailing Doom is fuckhueg relic made of burning stone(petrified wraithbone?), and this looks ordinary as fug. Complete with a power field generator.
Not so godlike at all.
GW is retarded as usual. With Death Masque I should've guessed that something big is coming.
>>
>>51356919
>how do I convince him they aren't OP cheese
You don't, if your friend can't realize that on his own he's bad.

Box of Terminators
Librarian

That's a Nemesis Strike Force.
Grand Master / Bro-Captain doesn't have a model so you can build a Terminator into one, but then you're a Terminator short.

Nemesis Dreadknights are the only good thing in our codex with Librarians and Terminators being alright.
>>
>>51356943
Yes, they want you to buy extremely expensive, very limited things while making your old things you've already paid for become useless.

Why are you trying to defend a business practice that actively hurts the consumer?
>>
>>51356958

Okay...
any particular reasoning why?
>>
>>51356669
Can the Avatar of Khaine even defeat Celestine on the tabletop?
>>
>>51356972
Nope. He's pretty strong on the charge but can't manage the constant torrent of damage necessary to put down Celestine.
>>
>>51356966
Thanks heaps, so use the dreadknights as an anchor while I DS the Termies and Librarian or Termies with a grand master in?
Is the meme build on 1d4chan with the potential 5 daemonology powers worth it on the libby?

Pleb ass question, what should I put on the dreadknights?
>>
>>51356697
It sounds like Deathkorps Siege Regiment and Assault Brigade. Two different lists with two different options. I think you'd have to take an allied detachment and deal with a single troop unit tax for that named character.
>>
>>51356941
the pie blast has the orbital rule, if it doesnt score a direct hit it will always scatter the full 2d6"
>>
>>51356732
They did a world wide event last year for AoS. But it wasn't for anything concrete, besides who owns three new cities in one of the realms.
>>
So are GSC bad not that they cant charge from cult ambush?
>>
>>51357000
No, they still have loads of other gimmicks. All the nerf means is that other races can actually react to them now.
>>
So what codex is cruddance writing next? I'm saying probably GSC next ed
>>
>>51356987
5 power lib isn't terrible
Nemesis Dreadknights should have the Personal Teleporter and a melee weapon (to give him Force) at a minimum.
Guns are imo (Heavy Incinerator and Psycannon)

I think HI for the Ignore Cover and with your 30" shunt + torrent you are hitting that Template the exact way you want it
>>
>>51356941
Orbital rule means full 2d6 scatter.
>>
File: rand ho 710.jpg (359KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
rand ho 710.jpg
359KB, 900x1440px
Anyone else care to weigh in on
>>51356904
>>
>>51356994
Fuck you're right. Forgot that.
>>
>>51357031
Three, go with the less powerful option especially when it comes to returning units.
>>
>>51356945
but I'm not updating it anymore
>>
>>51357049

Is there any particular reason why you say that?
I can't find anything solid in the rules.
And wouldn't the least powerful option just be 1 base?
>>
>>51356967
post your painted avatar or khaine
>>
>>51356972

Avatar would also lose to Cawl 1-1, not enough attacks to hurt him
>T6
>5++ and rerollable 5+ FNP
>regenerates d3 wounds every turn
>>
>>51357063
Post your official GW team shirt
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2500pts (2).jpg (448KB, 900x2271px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2500pts (2).jpg
448KB, 900x2271px
fight me /tg/
>>
>>51357062
because the unit size is determined by your roster, not by what's added to it during the game
>>
File: Grey Knights - 1220pts.jpg (106KB, 900x554px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - 1220pts.jpg
106KB, 900x554px
>>51357028
Should I look to get three dreadknights or two or something?

I was thinking of running something like this, obviously filling in the points a bit to get to 1250.

Have I made any glaring errors?
>>
>>51357062
Three is the default for the size yes? If you can't really show it is the way you hope it is you may come into contention so the simplest way to resolve it is to just bring the unit back stock. That's the way I do things personally especially if I'm not playing my friends. If it wasn't covered in the FAQ I'd be surprised but I'm not a Necron player.
>>
>>51357000
They can't first turn charge. That's it.
>>
>>51357078

>because the unit size is determined by your roster, not by what's added to it during the game
Is that an actual rule though?
I mean, can you show me anywhere in the rulebook that covers something like this?
The only other instance of bases joining a unit I can think of would be independent characters and stuff.
But they're not doing it in a permanent way, like the scarab base is.
>>
I keep wanting to buy the tyranid codex but im afriad it will get updated the day after i buy it
>>
>>51357101
> Tyranids
> Update
AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS DOOD
>>
>>51357090

>Three is the default for the size yes?
Yeah it can be anywhere from 3-9 bases normally.

>If you can't really show it is the way you hope it is you may come into contention so the simplest way to resolve it is to just bring the unit back stock.
The real problem is that there seems to be a total void of how to cover this in the rules.

>That's the way I do things personally especially if I'm not playing my friends. If it wasn't covered in the FAQ I'd be surprised but I'm not a Necron player.
Unfortunately, the Necrons do not have an FAQ.
Which sucks, because they have several things in the codex that could use it.
>>
>>51357076
Time to whip out a ton of boys and gretchin. Let the diepocalypse happen. 'Ere we go!
>>
>>51357101
Wait until the next one, with the way things are going there's no reason to invest in any army or its rules until we see how GW fucks things up this time.
>>
>>51357088
Looks good

I like the 1 Hammer for every 5 Terminators rule of thumb.

Personally I'd drop the Bro-Capt and either take another Terminator unit or a Squad of Interceptors with Incinerators.
>>
>>51357074
I will but I don't have them right now, they're at the dry cleaners because it's my day off

like, sure, avatar of khaine was a cool old model, but guess what, so was doomrider, and he's gone, and so have tons of things, models get replaced, rules change, rules shift

You don't see space marines complaining about grav-guns being so good that they had to go out and buy grav guns

You don't see dark eldars mad that wyches were horribly gimped

You don't see orks complaining about challenges even though it ruined the only thing they had going for them

Rules change, metas change, armies shift in power, grey knights were at one point one of the best armies in the game, now they're middle of the pack, in another edition maybe scatterlaser jetbikes won't be good, who knows. The best way to play the game is the way you want to play. Tournament players will buy and flip entire armies as the rules change because they want to win. For casual play the best bet is to buy your guys and paint them to a standard which makes you happy (and ideally you enjoy painting).

Your whole argument is shifted around "you shouldn't invalidate the avatar of khaine" well I've got news for you, Wraithknights and Riptides have already replaced the avatar. He's a tiny model on a 40mm and I haven't seen one painted in person since 3rd edition, and I doubt you even own one.
>>
>>51357116
But im running out of things to paint anon and i have no one to play with so thats my only connection to this hobby,
>>
>>51357124
you can paint tyranid models without owning the codex
>>
>>51357119
>You don't see dark eldars mad that wyches were horribly gimped
I've seen it quite a bit in the last few threads actually
>You don't see orks complaining about challenges even though it ruined the only thing they had going for them
i dont get this
>>
>>51357119
Hold up

You're actually a GW employee?

And you're actually insisting that my old models are invalid and I should buy new ones?

Oh good lord, here I was thinking the "Hi GW" meme was only a meme. Hey anon, while you're here, I wanna know if you're the one guy who asks about Chinaman's details every now and then in these threads.
>>
>>51357129
Well that anon also told me not to buy any new models until this all blows over
>>
>>51357119
>You don't see space marines complaining about grav-guns being so good that they had to go out and buy grav guns
Actually I see people trying to fix gravguns every other thread, along with wailing and gnashing of teeth due to the plasma and melta becoming obsolete.

Power creep is just shitty design dude
>>
>>51357136
why do you think the mega got shit down?

it's full of GW employees, especially from /aosg/
>>
File: Grey Knights - 1250pts.jpg (119KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - 1250pts.jpg
119KB, 900x619px
>>51357117
So more like this?

God fielding this few models is gonna feel strange after my green tide
>>
>>51357144
In the sense of gameplay which I assumed you were talking about as you were asking about a codex. If you're just interested in models it doesn't matter.
>>
>>51357119
I would buy your shit more often if it was easier.

Every single fucking time I bought something from you. It has to be resend, arrives badly damage, takes months to arrive.

For how much you charge for shipping I expect a proper package not simple cardboard box.

I'm still waiting for shit from bloody October.
>>
>>51357160
Nah im interested in the game also. guess i just misinterpreted whatcha meant
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 2490pts.jpg (260KB, 900x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 2490pts.jpg
260KB, 900x1063px
>>51357076
Gladly.
>>
Why new books are all about duels between Characters? There is no war just X character appear in middle of some unimportant battle to fight against Y character. I wish Fall of Cadia was written by FW.
>>
File: 1482066680301.jpg (383KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1482066680301.jpg
383KB, 497x750px
>>51357088
Hear me out anon, drop the brother-Captain and throw in a interceptor squad with a justicar with a teleport homer, turn one use the 30cm jump, Then deep strike your entire army inside the enemy.
>>
File: 1395767630188.jpg (31KB, 347x329px) Image search: [Google]
1395767630188.jpg
31KB, 347x329px
>>51357179
>>
>>51357189
Dont listen to this furry
>>
>>51357187
I wish the FW writers would just take over all fluff. They're not afraid to actually have winners and losers in their stories.
>>
Is guard the most expensive army 2 buy?
>>
>>51357096
I think what anons are trying to say is that there is no rules to explain exactly what happens in this situation.
They are proposing respawning the unit as you have it on your army list, rather than as its been modified during the game. They are attempting to guess the intent of the rule. They may be wrong, but they're likely right.
>>
>>51357198
Maybe just hire like a dedicated proof reader or something. Words and indeed entire sentences are sometimes just missing and it comes off as heavily rushed.
>>
>>51357119
>You don't see space marines complaining about grav-guns being so good that they had to go out and buy grav guns
>You don't see dark eldars mad that wyches were horribly gimped
>You don't see orks complaining about challenges even though it ruined the only thing they had going for them
But you do see people bitching about all of those.

>>51357135
The idea is that Challenges let people kill the Power Klaw Nob before he can swing, which is only true if the other guy is bringing a character around capable of killing the Nob before he can swing. .
>>
>>51357136
I have Z's and CCoN's, I'm not part of the management or anything, so no I've never asked /tg/ for chinaman contacts

>>51357135
Orks strength in 5th edition was you could stick a PK in a blob of 30 guys and reliable use that PK to hit vehicles and infantry squads, the boys would do their best but the nob could fairly reliably remove 3 or 4 space marines. With the challenge rules in close combat a character can call out your nob and kill him before he strikes, unless you think the other boyz will wipe the squad in which case your cowardly nob hides and doesn't make any attacks.

>>51357144
You can reasonably expect to require some amount of troop-tax no matter the rules change so gaunts are pretty safe to pickup if you're absolutely worried that rules changes will render some models useless
You also don't have to believe everything /tg/ says, like we're pretty black and white, something is either useless trash or overpowered, the opinions in /tg/ are almost always extremely exaggerated, I still play with carnifexes even though they're "bad" I like how they look.

>>51357152
And yet MTG has power creep, xwing has power creep, warmahordes has power creep, infinity has power creep, I don't think celestine should be 200 points, but I haven't had a chance to play against her and I don't think I'll get that chance for awhile.

I just don't get why your whole argument is centered around the Avatar of Khaine and how it's bad to have new rules for a new avatar which possibly meet or exceed it. Like land raiders used to be fearsome tanks and now what are they?

>>51357161
You should buy in store :) seriously though GW stores are ruthless to their lads on the ground and buying at a store ensures they keep paying the poor guys

>>51357154
I have never mentioned the mega to anyone I know, I don't even talk about /tg/ or browse /tg/ at work, I don't want anyone to even think I might know about a trove of pirated ebooks related to what we sell
>>
>>51357198
And they do better pictures.
>>
>>51357076
Are you sure you can take Creed?
>>
Anyone got any ideas for customizing/converting the normal Cadian guard figures?
>>
>>51357124
Anon where are you ?
>>
>>51357136
>And you're actually insisting that my old models are invalid and I should buy new ones?
First they came for the Force Swords...
>>
Has anyone thought of preventing Celestine from respawning by using negative Ld modifiers? She's fearless, but that doesn't mean she's immune to reductions to her Ld.
>>
>>51357202
SoB

You can't go full GW for cheap. At least Guard can just cut the tip of the flamers/grenade launchers and glue melta/plasma tips and call it a day.

SoB are fuck. Either pay a lot for metal models and even more for their special weapons. Or just go third party.
>>
>>51357159
Switch the Strike Knights to Interceptors (Fast Attack)

Otherwise ya. Looks good. A Librarian each goes with a Terminator unit.

I'd check with the SM new powers to see what you'd want to roll on.
>>
>>51357204

Alright, so there's no answer in the rules?
I looked through the rulebook again, and I couldn't find anything either.
As for the intent, I don't really think that they even considered this rules interaction when making it.
Or else they probably would have been more clear.
There's like 4 different ways I can see to interpret this rule,
some are more cheesy than other, but that's not a whole lot to go by.

>tfw necrons still don't even have an faq
>>
>>51357189
Like >>51357159
???
>>
>>51357231
The FAQ said no modifiers for dead models.
>>
>>51357222
the Lousiville area in the U.S
>>
>>51357238
Looks good anon, but if you cut back enough points you could take a 3 dreadknight and use to formation that gives shred. and with psilencers and forces this cleans up most FnP armies.
>>
>>51356846

Yes, but the Wailing Doom isn't a power sword. The Nightbringer's scythe isn't a warscythe, this is odd and a little lazy. Like they've copied the CAD sword from other kits.
>>
>>51357210
Well the list im currently running with nids has 150 gaunts in it.
>>
>>51357209
I've seen wych posters wishing they were better, but then ultimately I've seen that anon use a wych-cult list anyways because wyches are cool, I don't see any like "WOW GW FUCK YOU, MY WYCHES ARE DUST COLLECTORS"

All the marine posts I see are bragging about using grav shots to kill something or people debating how to fix grav, haven't seen any complaints about buying new guys to make grav-gunners

Most ork posters are list posters or the ol' i2 melee race meme, and ork players rarely complain past "man the ork codex isn't that great, wish we got an update"

>>51357229
don't remind me, like, why a stave, where did the force axe go, at least I still have my metal guy with his force sword

You guys are also forgetting that GW's stance on the game is super lax, like, what's stopping you from using a force-sword or a force-axe? You have those rules, it's in the codex chaos space marines (for now, please don't take them away ahhh) but I digress, maybe your local meta is super cut-throat WAAC WYSIWYG.

I've found that when people meet up for a game it's less about trying to WAAC and more about "oh wow I'm using 4-5 hours of my life to play with toy soldiers, lets have fun" (I'm factoring in transportation and setup/cleanup time into this)
>>
>>51357210
Put a store in my country then. Fucking twats.

You are asking for piracy and third parties.

"Piracy is a problem of service"

It is easier, cheaper and faster to buy from a recaster or other companies than buying from you.

For bloody £13 shipping I'd expect decent package or at least a tracking number when fucks charge £5 for world wide shipping and have those things.

And yes I'll continue to bitch about till my stuff arrives.

Also stop blocking people in Facebook for asking question
>>
>>51357210
Can you stop taking up so much space with your roleplaying?
>>
>>51357191
It would be an interesting fight, assuming there were some obstructions to hide behind. Those Sorcerers are tough, but they aren't "tank hundreds of conscripts for turns" tough.
>>
So, what's the best way to make use of Malefic Daemonology as a non-Daemon? Perils on any doubles are pretty rough, to say the least.
>>
File: heknowseveryruleexceptthisone.png (120KB, 664x430px) Image search: [Google]
heknowseveryruleexceptthisone.png
120KB, 664x430px
>>51357236
think about your opponent's face when you go to plop down another 7 scarabs because "the unit was increased in size"
>>
>>51357210
Anon, this isn't even about the Avatar. That was simply the example I used. This is about power creep and the fact that it's an incredibly negative influence on a game, and stems from designers who are some mix of too lazy or too incompetent to design something with a heretofore unused role, and instead just overwrite some other existing unit. Not a single game you mentioned is made better for having power creep in it.

I'm lying in bed phoneposting so I'm not going to write you an essay about all the ways power creep cheapens a game and alienates a player base, but there are plenty of videos and posts about the Internet on this if you wanna go have a read.

And also, this'll be the last (You) you get from me, you unironic GW shill.
>>
File: Grey Knights - 1250pts copy.jpg (120KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
Grey Knights - 1250pts copy.jpg
120KB, 900x619px
>>51357235
Thanks for all the help, this is feeling like a pretty solid list right now.
> No double ML3 libs
Feelsbadman

Do you know where I could get a document with a compilation of all the new psychic powers and shit?
>>51357255
I might just use that to add on another DK at 1500pts without having to modify my army much
Might give that one poor lib ML3 like a real psyker
>>
>>51357236
There's a necron faq on the warhammer community site anon, uploaded a couple of days ago. For whatever reason GW hasn't actually put it on their main site yet.

Although it doesn't actually answer your question
>>
>>51357256
Clearly, what we are seeing is the shard of Ynnead possessing some hapless mortal. So what he was holding at the time is its weapon now.

Is it Vect though?
>>
>>51357295
>grey knights can get ML3 psykers
>zoanthropes aren't even considered psykers
>>
>>51357279

I think they'd feel just about the same regardless of whether the unit started as 3 and was buffed to 7, or started as 7 to begin with.
I mean, with this rule, you can also just have 20 base warrior squads that you just run ip to the enemy and and throw away in head-first attacks, only to have 20 more spawn in next turn.
It's a pretty cheesy rule no matter how you play it.
I was just wondering if anyone could point to a way to a concrete way to resolve this rule that's actually in a rulebook.

But I guess this is just gonna be another Orikan situation, where a poorly written rule inspires debate no matter how it's played.
>>
>>51357315
Anon, I think it's time to accept that Vect isn't coming back
>>
>>51357272
I mean I could, and I would if people stopped asking me questions, but even you here are asking me questions, so the posts continue, feel free to not read my posts.

I'm not forcing (you) to read them.

>>51357267
I don't have any control of where we open stores, nor do I have the desire to open my own distributor in your country. What country are you even in? There's no local stores that sell plastic models whatsoever? I'm also not with customer support nor do I have access to the facebook page, so I'm terribly sorry that someone is blocking you and that you've had postage issues. It's possibly an issue with your country's postal system or whatever courier service we're using in your country. There's so many factors where things could go wrong. All I know is that mostly we use fedex and mostly there aren't shipping problems. It sounds like you have it rough though.

>>51357288
And yet for all the alienation and how terrible the game is sales went up last year, not just profit, actual model sales, you guys also said AoS would be dead in a month, that it was a huge blunder and well here we are.
>>
>>51357308
Anyone else think GW is a bunch of separated offices with no interaction with each other. Till the final day and then they try to glue together what ever fuck they made in their own.

It is like the only way I can explain their schizophrenia as a company
>>
File: Most Important Rule.png (138KB, 619x429px) Image search: [Google]
Most Important Rule.png
138KB, 619x429px
>>51357320
there's a rule for that
>>
>>51357334
Yeah and I think the AoS guys were the head office and suddenly all the other offices went quiet and were assumed dead, therefore they started working their """magic""" into 40k
>>
>>51357330
There where people selling GW stuff here locally. Till you fucks started pressing the local stores to sell random shit in bulk. Actively screwing over stores.

It is only GW that we have shipping problems. The issue is on your incompetente side.
>>
>>51357350
what country are you in?
>>
>>51357264
The words 'whining' and wishing' are interchangeable on /tg/.
The player spending time posting his wishes all over /tg/ is effectively whining about how bad they are.
The player whining about how bad they are is doing so because they wish they were better.

>man the ork codex isn't that great, wish we got an update
What a understatement

>GW's stance on the game is super lax, like, what's stopping you from using a force-sword or a force-axe?
The fact that when two people agree to play a game there is an unspoken rule that they are expected not to cheat?

>super cut-throat WAAC WYSIWYG
You're right, who gives a shit about WYSIWYG?
WAAC fags, that's who!
I mean, it's in the same bucket of unnecessary bullshit like 'painting your models', so what if none of them are painted? It only gets in the way of throwing dice at each other!
>>
>>51357356
Senegal
>>
>>51357243
But the model doesn't get removed from the battlefield until it passes or fails its Ld test.
>>
>>51357318
>SM troops are PM0 (they aren't Psykers)
>SM librarians are PM1, and can buy PM2

>GK troops are PM1
>GK librarians are PM2 and can buy PM3

Seems pretty straight forward progression and that the Psychic Chapter can have better Psykers than vanilla marines

Also
>trying to shoehorn a Tyranid QQ on something that has nothing to do with Tyranids.

Geez you're almost as bad as Chaosplayers
>>
>>51357356
Chile.

We can fucking track a single blueberries clamshell anywhere in the world. You failing to track a box is shameful.
>>
>>51357339

That's not terribly helpful.
>>
>>51357339
>become rules lawyer to the max
>nitpick words and definitions and disagree about everything whenever it could be to your advantage
>50% your bogus interpretation goes through
>when they protest say "that's in the rules"
>>
>>51357385
Rules lawyer's House of Law:
S1 E1:
> Oh hey cheif justice, my man here didn't commit murder because he comitted two murders and two wrongs make a right!
> I don't see that here rules lawyer tim
> Lets roll off then senpai 1-3 you win 4-6 I win
> 4
> Thanks Rules Lawyer, now I can sacrifice to my Mayan Gods again!
> Oh Greg don't you be committing single homicide *winks*
>>
>>51357357
And yet if you want to proxy the avatar of khaine as an avatar of ynnead because "oh wow the power creep" nobody can stop you, or as we've seen in batreps "haha these meltaguns from BoC are grav-guns"

your strawman is appalling though

Why do you play 40k anon? Why are you still here? If everything is so bad, if the models are so expensive, the new sculpts are so bad, the rules are written by dimwits and all my opponents are taudar WAAC cheese-lords bringing three riptides, a wraithknight and webspinners against my poor orks -- why are you still here?

You know that when new rules come out there's no hidden devices which ignite and then burn your old books right? If your friends all feel like you then by all means use the old stuff.
>>
Jesus space marine scouts are ugly. What's the best way to fix this? Or should i just learn to love my ugly-ass neophytes?
>>
>>51357381
and yet it's incredibly helpful mid game because you can keep playing without having to hold an entire debate mid match

>>51357385
>>51357401
makes me chuckle
>>
File: mfw18.gif (1MB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
mfw18.gif
1MB, 300x223px
>>51357401
>>
>>51357415
>what's the best way to fix this?
paint them very well
>>
>>51357408
The problem is with GW.
It constantly wants to sell miniatures and make monies and making a good game out of it - second, or even third, forth and so on.
Old stuff wasn't perfectly balanced either, like those Iron Warriors basilisks.
People are here because they like the game and setting, but the terrible power rules are a constant source of annoyance.
>>
>>51357431
Not sure that'll fix their square features and shit anon.
>>
>>51357415
Third party miniatures

Give anvil industries a look
>>
>>51357418

>and yet it's incredibly helpful mid game because you can keep playing without having to hold an entire debate mid match
I understand what it's used for, but it doesn't really do anything to answer the question.

The only line of thinking I can come up with is:
>bases that are removed as casualties obviously still count as being in the unit
>so if the unit has 9 bases when it is completely destroyed, it's a 9 base unit, regardless of however many it started with.

Like, there's nothing in the rules which allows models removed as casualties to stop counting as being part of the unit, so...

This feels like grasping at straws, but there's nothing else to even grasp on to, so idk.
>>
>>51357446
>>
>>51357408
>If everything is so bad, if the models are so expensive, the new sculpts are so bad, the rules are written by dimwits and all my opponents are taudar WAAC cheese-lords bringing three riptides, a wraithknight and webspinners against my poor orks
New straw-man right back at you my dude, do you have any kind of proof I said that?

I buy GW models because I like the models, I paint them because that's what the hobby is supposed to be about and then I share that with other people.

People that don't give a shit should just buy third party or play table top sim, it's much cheaper and less work. People that just proxy models or bring unpainted, half-built shit are just insulting when they expect to get games without a word of apology from people who put the effort in.
>>
>>51357477
>they expect to get games without a word of apology from people who put the effort in.
Yes, you're right, the hobbyfags should have to apologize to people who bring in unpainted armies.
>>
>>51357448
Will do. Thanks
>>51357475
Aren't those space marine heads?
>>
Out of all the new teams that have come out in the last few years-

Skitarii
Adeptus Mechanicus
Cult
Harlequins

And so on- The newer shit. Which ones are playable as main armies. I didn't get much chance to look at all of it but Harlequins totally look like they can't be.

Anyhow?
>>
>>51357477
>People that don't give a shit should just buy third party or play table top sim, it's much cheaper and less work. People that just proxy models or bring unpainted, half-built shit are just insulting when they expect to get games without a word of apology from people who put the effort in.

Yeah, and believe you me, my guys are WYSIWYG, I even put melta bombs on my guys who get melta bombs

>I buy GW models because I like the models, I paint them because that's what the hobby is supposed to be about and then I share that with other people.

Yeah that seems reasonable, hopefully you're playing against people who feel the same way, that's where you get fights which are like striking scorpion batreps.

Two armies with models that people want to paint and aren't trying to game the system have pretty even clean fights, and maelstrom of war does a lot to make the objectives dynamic, incentivizing you to adapt your strategy turn by turn

Like have you been tabled because you didn't upgrade your marine special weapons to grav? Have you fielded sub-optimal lists? Have you had fun playing?

My answers to these questions are: No. Yes. Yes. But I haven't gone to tournaments in a very long time.
>>
>>51357522
All you mentioned but Harlies
>>
>>51357522
Forgot about militarum tempestus
And they work ok as an army of you run formations.
>>
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

Link doesent work anymore
>>
>>51357573
yes that's what op says

>>51356377
>Mega down edition
>>
So I want to run a Shadowseer in my Dark Eldar army, but I don't really understand how it works just adding in 1 unit.

Does it need to be in a formation? It seems like this isn't possible which saddens me. Heroes path seems like the closest thing..
>>
The art makes Ynnead avatar look like a proxy from ergo proxy.
>>
/our/ girl back at it again with the SoB cosplay, and boy does she ever look great. Manages to bridge looking sexy with looking badass. Here's her newest YouTube video: https://youtu.be/oZseHpxPI0E
>>
>>51356377
Leave it to GW to make a God of the Dead the most effeminate and ineffectual looking model possible.

That's supposed to be an avatar and it looks like a harlequin with some sort of palsy
>>
What if Ynnead will make eldar turn chaos? He/she/it looks very slaaneshi.
>>
File: even in death I still suffer.png (1MB, 1044x663px) Image search: [Google]
even in death I still suffer.png
1MB, 1044x663px
>>51357645
>>
>>51357684
The thick war paint provides extra thermal protection
>>
>>51357661
>Gods look like their main food source
>Khornate is slightly orkish
>Slaanesh eats Eldar all day for Millenia
>A new Eldar god looks similar to another Eldar god

No shit they'd look similar.
Ynnead is taking Eldar souls, not becoming Slaaneshi.
>>
Does anyone have a copy of Klaw of Mork in a text format? The over-dramatic narration and background noise in the audio version spoils it for me.
>>
>>51357609
Technically you can play Unbound, but you give up any Detachment bonuses if you do, and a lot of people frown on it. Otherwise, yes, you'll need to take a Formation. Heroes Path or the Cast of Players is the easiest way to ally one into a DE or CWE army.
>>
So, who's worse, Cawl in an army that can benefit from his Canticles and shit or Celestine in a SoB army assuming SoB were even nearly as good as AdMech?
>>
>>51357780
Which i cheaper i was thinking Hereos path since if you slightly kit out each of them they can carry their weight and also not cost an arm and leg in points
>>
>>51357798
I think Celestine in a SOB force is the main place where she is acceptable. They don't have many great formations to make use of, and aren't really a melee army outside of Celestine and Repentia.

She'll be nice to have, but it won't be quite as crazy Cawl in an army built to abuse him
>>
File: 1479353930128.jpg (64KB, 960x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479353930128.jpg
64KB, 960x935px
>>51356836
>Vect pulled the strings so well he ascended into godhood and free himself from Slaneesh grasp
Petty Mon' kieghs bow to eldar supremacy
>>
>>51356904

I know there's a whole chain of replies here already, but it's unambiguously 3.

Think about it this way: If the unit was reduced to one model, then wiped out the next turn, would you return 1 model to the board?

No?

Then why on earth would increasing size work different?
>>
>>51356909
Nobody uses him because the Eldar codex is a mess. Half of it is meh, half of it is the most OP fucking bollocks to ever see the table in GW's entire history.

The Avatar is in the meh area. People like it, but they have no incentive to actually use it, especially when they have access to all the ridiculously good shit the Eldar have in their codex. It's completely blown out of the water by all the mad shit GW releases these days, like Wraithknights and Riptides and Celestine and the like.

Half GW's problems with pushing models would be solved by spending longer than fifteen minutes when balancing their codices.
>>
How many mantas are acceptable in a 5k point game?
>>
>>51356435
>space marines separate from imperium
>>
>>51357902
Two since you cant have three.
>>
>>51356440
I'm guessing that the shard that flew off into space when the ritual seemed to fail was the heart of the Ynnead, and during the Fracture of Biel-Tan someone is going to literally stab that shit into Slaanesh, causing it to tear away the souls that compose its 'body' and form Ynnead around the heart.
>>
>>51357902

You'll be wasting all that transport capacity, but your funeral.
>>
>>51357902
You can only field 2. Since they are 2000 points each if I recall correctly.

If you spend the money for two. Field the two you crazy bastard
>>
>>51357914
>yfw codex space marines is still bigger than codex imperium
>>
File: Guard.jpg (109KB, 845x945px) Image search: [Google]
Guard.jpg
109KB, 845x945px
>>51357945
>>
>>51357684
wheres a good place to look to find model gore?
>>
>>51357889
You give them way too much credit by saying they even try to balance them.
>>
>>51357952
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/THIN_YOUR_PAINTS

Go on ebay, search for pro painted models.
>>
>>51357609
you can either play an unbound army, in which case you lose all your command benefits, but can take anything you want, or you include a detachment/formation that includes a shadowseer.
Your options specifically are:
masque detachment
cegorrach's revenge - neither of these two are good
path of heroes
cast of players - neither of these two allow you to attach the shadowseer to your dark eldar units.
>>
>>51357960
i looked for pro painted tau armies and couldnt find anything
>>
File: bible2.gif (2MB, 370x205px) Image search: [Google]
bible2.gif
2MB, 370x205px
>>51357861
>While we believe Vect was a prophet, we don't believe he was the son of Ynneas
>>
File: Renegades.png (222KB, 783x169px) Image search: [Google]
Renegades.png
222KB, 783x169px
>>51356473
>>51356568
>>51356697

Under the current 40k rules it doesn't seem to matter what list you take your units from, only what faction they have and what the rules of your formation are. A CAD requires you to have all units from the same faction (or no faction).

The renegades and heretics lists from both IA5 and IA13 explicitly have the same faction, so you can mix and match units from them as you see fit. Mamon Incarnate is a HQ choice for the IA5 chaos renegades so you should be able to take him in the same detachment as any of the IA13 renegade units.
>>
>>51357889
Thats not entirely true. The only "meh" units in the book are prolly storm guardians and maybe shining spears. Most of the eldar codex is good.
its just that the things that are mindboggalingly broken overshadow the things that are simply "good"
The avatar is a lords of war, and competes with the criminally undercosted wraithknight. The avatar itself is pretty damn good for what you pay for.
>>
>>51357645
>/our/ girl
you can keep her
>>
>>51357609
If you're not in a rush, I would wait and see what this new Gathering Storm 2 book has. If it's anything like the imperial one, it may have a detachment that pets you pick and choose from all 3 Eldar factions, likely for the easy cost of 2 HQs and 4 Troops.
>>
File: PRO PAINTED.jpg (311KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
PRO PAINTED.jpg
311KB, 1600x1195px
>>51357976
>I'll just airbrush some different oranges all over it and dab it with a sponge!
>>
>>51357729
>To represent the Armoured Ceramite vehicle upgrade, don't thin your paints
>>
>>51357611
Holy fuck you're right.
>>
>>51358001
I was making a joke dammit anon
>>
>>51358001
all airbrushed models are never good, even when they are half good
>>
>>51357952
https://youtu.be/m3p_VuPIS2c
>>
File: LOOK MA I CAN FLY.jpg (301KB, 1080x1133px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK MA I CAN FLY.jpg
301KB, 1080x1133px
>>51358029
True.

Found this on there.
>>
>>51357995
Even Storm guardians aren't that bad. What other troop choice lets you get 2 Meltaguns in an 8 man squad? 72 points base and 92 total. They're great as far as assault or special weapon troops go.

The only thing Shining Spears are lacking is Hit and Run. If they had that so they could break off and charge again, they'd easily be on par with some of the other aspects.
>>
File: PRO PAINTED SHADOWSEER.jpg (351KB, 1091x1551px) Image search: [Google]
PRO PAINTED SHADOWSEER.jpg
351KB, 1091x1551px
>>51358045
>>
>>51358085
>>51358045
>>51358001

I don't want to look but I can't look away post more
>>
>>51357995
When your options are OP or good, the good look mehh
>>
>>51357990

Ah, perfect! Do you have a source on that picture? A page number, or which book it's from? I was looking through my Warmachines book and couldn't fine any relevant info.
>>
>>51358085
>Shit, lads, anyone seen me arm?

>>51358103
Okay.
>>
File: Missing Arm.jpg (174KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Missing Arm.jpg
174KB, 1600x1200px
>>51358114
FORGOT THE PICTURE
>>
>>51358063
exactly. The eldar codex, baring the 3 or so hilariously broken units, is nearly perfectly balanced *internally*
All the unit choices are useful. Its a pity the wraithknightguardspiderbikes ruin everything
>>
File: Apothacary.jpg (139KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Apothacary.jpg
139KB, 1600x1066px
>>51358132
Hey what paint scheme you want?

>Just gimme the Heresy-Era World Eater, f a m.

Say no more!
>>
>>51358150
>heresy-ear
>that mark
>>
>>51358137
Yeah. I feel like if you brought the jetbike weapons down to 1 in 3, upped the cost of the Wraithknighta by 100 points, made the Wraithguard have the old D rule (or at least only treat rolls of 6 to wound as a 2-5 D hit if fluff consistency is that important), and make it so the Warp Spider jump occurs after shooting rather than before so they're hard to pin down but not immortal.

I feel like a lot of the strongest codexes tend to be pretty nice as far as internal balance goes.
>>
>>51358174
World Eater armour was only white during the Heresy. I know it's not actually that.
>>
File: Dirty Tau.jpg (138KB, 1024x826px) Image search: [Google]
Dirty Tau.jpg
138KB, 1024x826px
>>51358150
Dirty Tau
>>
>>51358199
thats actually good. the pin up girl is good too
>>
File: I don't fucking even.jpg (264KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I don't fucking even.jpg
264KB, 1440x1080px
>>51358199
>>
File: 1450849358582.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450849358582.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>51358219
>the pin up girl is good too
>>
>>51358174
Mk.VII armour entered service as Horus reached Terra. Replace his own shot to hell armour with that of a dead loyalist, or snatch a prototype from Mars as they passed by.
>>
File: All is (covered in) Dust.jpg (218KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
All is (covered in) Dust.jpg
218KB, 1600x1200px
>>51358222
I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, looks like he just grabbed a handful of Chaos bits and hoped for the best.
>>
>>51358229
>gets triggered by nose art
>>
File: Ork Sniper.jpg (338KB, 1600x973px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Sniper.jpg
338KB, 1600x973px
>>51358250
Not even Orks deserve this.
>>
File: Sid got into 40k.jpg (125KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Sid got into 40k.jpg
125KB, 972x1296px
>>51358270
>>
>>51358250
That's the Captain of the 3rd Company of the Blood Ravens. With many gifts liberated and purified during his campaign against the forces of Chaos
>>
>>51358250
Why do people do shit like this?
>>
File: Greater Daemon of Fist.jpg (238KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Greater Daemon of Fist.jpg
238KB, 1200x1600px
>>51358294
>Glue a Maulerfiend hand onto it, it'll look great!
>>
>>51358331

That's a Helbrute hand
>>
Coming back to 40k after a long absence.

How exactly does one Chaos Space Marines at the moment? I've glazed over the big book and the codex, but I've no context or meta to make a judgement from
>>
>>51356377
So who the fuck is that supposed to be? I miss a few threads and shit gets crazy.
>>
>>51358331

>>51358346
That then.

>>51358354
Traitor Legions, mate.
>>
>>51358331
I mean, that's not too bad, at least compared to the other ones here. The problem is they didn't add any other armor to make it look coherent, but at least they actually stayed within the lines.
>>
>>51358357
eldar tried to awaken yyned and fucked up

so now they have an aborted avatar of yyned
>>
>>51358357
>>
>>51358357
Avatar of Ynead, new Eldar model similar to the avatar of Khaine. Gonna be a 3 pack with an armored eldar dude and a lady in a dress with a cat.
>>
File: Hahahah Oh Wow.jpg (137KB, 1596x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hahahah Oh Wow.jpg
137KB, 1596x1600px
>>51358361
Yeah guys, I'm not beating this thing.
>>
File: Oh shit I was wrong.jpg (46KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit I was wrong.jpg
46KB, 1280x854px
>>51358391
>>
>>51358387
Since when is Luna a goddamn Eldar?
>>
>>51358414
>Don't go out drinking with a Tech-Priest
>>
Someone help. I am lost at how to make my adeptus arbites police force into a functional Army. Please give arbites list.
>>
>>51357179
Jordan?
>>
>>51358361
Could you elaborate please?
>>
>>51358446
>If they have Riot Shields + Mace. They're Crusaders
>Otherwise Inquisition Henchmen Band / Acolytes
>>
>>51358455
The book, supplement, Traitor Legions.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)#Traitor_Legions

Gives each traitor legion it's own rules and bonuses.
>>
>>51358354
Aspiring Champion weapon upgrades (other than Combi-weapons or Meltabombs) aren't worth it.

Larger than minimum sized units aren't worth it, unless you're building a deathstar.

Get Traitor Legions. Pick your favorite.

Outside of the cult legions, Marks aren't really worth it.

If it can take a Rhino, it takes a Rhino.

Sorcerers with a Spell Familiar are great.
>>
>>51356877

You need to die.
>>
>>51358001
At least they did edge highlights on the suit itself. The weapons really need them too though.
>>
File: 1470703223738.jpg (176KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470703223738.jpg
176KB, 1200x900px
I met a guy who bought 10 warhammer quests just so he can WAAC with deamons.

I thought he was joking until he brought out a ton of blue horrors and brimstone horrors. He spend nearly £1000 on those models.
>>
>>51358475
t-thanks
>>
>>51358491
And you and your store are going to decline all games with him from now on, right?
>>
>>51356415
All we know is they do have a new name and it isn't "Dark Aeldari".
>>
>>51358491
It's hilarious because there's cheaper boxes of them out next week.
>>
>>51356507

Cans she fight a Walker?
>>
>>51358491
>people actually play with the Split rule
Fuck that noise. There's no way in hell I'm picking up 220 new Horror models just to keep running the same list that I've been running for years.
>>
>>51358491
I kinda hope 8th Ed. fucks him over.
>>
>>51358491
>>51358513
To be fair, if he shows he's just mostly retarded instead of being a total retard, he'll sell the parts of the boxes he doesn't want to recoup his losses. Depending on how much he gouges the prices of the models he could make a lot of his money back.
>>
File: y4nxuM8.jpg (86KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
y4nxuM8.jpg
86KB, 535x535px
>>51358222
none can defeat the abnaught of nurgle
>>
>>51358491
Before WoM they were pretty cheap. Got about 10 Brimestones for 10 bucks. But the moment they got rules the price triples.

>Was going to use them as a Tzeentchy Nurglings
>>
>>51358521
S5 + 2d6 via Armourbane for 12 on average.

And worse comes to worse she Hit and Runs out 5/6 of the time.
>>
>>51358521
No, but she can H&R out of any fight she doesn't want to be in with a 5/6 chance every round, and moves twice as fast as any Walker.
A Dread, on the charge, will struggle to kill even the Geminae, let alone put a wound or two on Celestine.
>>
Do the old Chaos Dreadnoughts have a lower or smaller profile than the new Helbrutes?
>>
>>51356507
She bounces off things with 7+ Toughness or 2+ saves. That said, most of those things can kill her either since the only real way to do that is give her the D.
>>
Whats the longest game of 40k you lads and laddets have ever had
>>
>>51358569
Maybe slightly. It's not a significant difference though.
>>
File: jokaeroarmy.jpg (80KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
jokaeroarmy.jpg
80KB, 720x540px
>>51358550
>have a cool conversion idea to add massive flavor to an army or perform a great feat of counts-as
>the model you are using/converting gets rules
It's the fucking worst pham. Pic related, it's what the Adeptus Mechanicus army I never owned would have looked like ruleswise before Skitarii and CultMech had to come out and spoil my plan to proxy them with Tech-Priests
>>
Anyone have a link to the Traitor Legion rules?
>>
>>51358574
>can
can't
>>
>>51358575
2000pts game of Orks vs Nids horde mode.

Took 10 hours over two days.
>>
>>51358575
One year long exactly.
>>
>>51358598
OP
>>
>>51358615
A-anon i have some bad news
>>
>>51358574

What about characters like Ghazghkull, Dante, Gabriel Seth, Farsight, Darnath Lysander, Bjorn or Logan Grimnar?
>>
>>51358615
The op is literally the "Mega Down" edition
>>
>>51358574
Yeah she LITERALLY bounces off them since she has H&R. She can just sod off and let your armys ap2 shooting solve the problem.
>>
>>51358575
About a month, but we only actually played the game over the weekends, so if we played every day it'd have been over in about a week.
It was a 40000 points game with over 10 players.
>>
>>51358575
i played a 2k game from like 6pm to 3/4 am when i visited a friend last year. we both didn't play much and we didn't know the war convocation list. as i recall he beat my by a few points.

no wait, i remember i played apoc once back in 5th. we started at 10 but didn't finish till midnight. i'm never playing apoc again
>>
>>51358631
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>51358624
>>51358631
Then wait and then get it off the OP later. He's had a month to grab it.
>>
>>51358647
It's down.
>>
>>51358657
Like the whole site or just can't decrypt or some shit?
>>
>>51358657
see
>>51356492
>>
File: raptorsscouts3.jpg (473KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
raptorsscouts3.jpg
473KB, 3264x2448px
>>51357475
They look soo much better if you either give them a Helmet or give them ACTUAL space marine heads.

Fucking scout heads look like they all have down syndrome.
>>
>>51358656
Sorry I didn't get curious about the Traitor Legion rules until now anon.

Don't get a bee in your bonnet
>>
>>51358676
He's looking for Traitor Legions senpai. You know the book that's only a couple months old.
>>
What is the Imperium's equivalent of Catholic priests exorcising demons like in the Exorcist?

Would it be the Inquisition?
>>
>>51358625
>Lysander
He can't even realistically phase her from what my attempts managed to do, since she can just keep running and, if push comes to shove, kite long enough to revive 2 Geminae if Lysander manages to kill both.

Lysander also gets shit on hard by Cawl, which is pretty sad, considering his cost and what he's meant to do.
>>
Anyone ever played strip Warhammer, one peice of clothing per unit lost.
>>
>>51358681
Silly Raptors Anon, those aren't Space Marine helmets.

>>51358691
Ordo Malleus Inquisitors.
>>
File: 50blades.jpg (16KB, 236x296px) Image search: [Google]
50blades.jpg
16KB, 236x296px
>>51358691
The Ordo Malleus literally exorcise daemons, so.
>>
>>51358690
my bad, didnt bother to follow the reply chain

he could always just buy it desu
>>
>>51358647
Apparently some asshat decided to report it and got it taken down for copyright
>>
>>51358701
I play orks, I'll just show up naked.
>>
>>51358701
>play 1000 points
>field a Cohort Cybernetica
>wear my fedora
Checkmate, Tyranid horde girl.
>>
>>51358625
Nope. They can't hope to kill her fast enough. Celestine didn't have to get stick in attrition battle with smashfucker equivalents. She just lets you club the twins, hit and runs away and then regenerates them. To kill her you need to put out an overwhelming number of AP2 wounds and D is the only real good way to do that. Maybe certain very expensive CC specialist units as well if they manage to charge her.
>>
File: 1476372128365.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476372128365.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>51358701
>play MSU Gladius
>remove all clothing
>start stripping off skin and muscle
I have no regrets about my life decisions
>>
>>51358701
>And here's my Tau Manta!
>>
>>51358698

What is Lysander meant to do?

I always thought he was meant to hammer things like Walkers, Vehicles and Monstrous Creatures given that's what he does in the lore.
>>
Can you imagine the odour and the visuals if a group of 40k nerds got naked together, I am in no way fantasizing about this as we speak.
>>
>>51358724
Counts as three units for the purposes of no. of dead ones, so add a jacket and something else to be safe.
>>
>>51358762
The way I see it he's meant to punch most all things facing him into the ground that's not a dedicated melee unit with good invuln saves.
>>
File: fedoras.jpg (171KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
fedoras.jpg
171KB, 1100x1100px
>>51358769
>not wearing three fedoras
>>
File: 847169841228430465.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
847169841228430465.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>51358769
>jacket
>something else
Swords count as clothing, right?
>>
>>51358764
I don't know about you guys but I'm the only smelly nerd in our group of players.
>>
>>51358764
Yeah I can. We sometimes rent out a cabin and drink, play warhammer, swim, sauna and talk shit.

But then again we arent group of total spergs.
>>
>>51358691
The Inquisition would be the place to look. There's also the Exorcists chapter of Space Marines
>>
>>51358790

Why don't you use some of your banked good boy points to have your mum scrub down your ass for you?
>>
>>51358769
Run the Battle Conclave from IA.
3-10 units + priest and no clause saying it counts as more than one unit.
>>
So, wherein lies the issue with just making a new mega, other than waiting until "the dust has settled"? I'm sure plenty of people, including myself, have all epubs downloaded.

Is making a new one 'dangerous' from a legal standpoint or is the worst that could happen another takedown of the mega?
>>
>>51358801
I'm usually too busy wishing to die when I'm home.
>>
>>51358701
>Arrange a game with resident Ork girl
>She starts unpacking hordes of Boyz
>maybe she didn't get the memo
>maybe she's a slut
>'Anon, this is a Green Tide'
>>
>>51358789
Hats and swords are accessories not clothing. Now take off the pants.
>>
>>51358701
>All these people trying to find ways to have to take off less clothes
MSU orks boyz, here we come!
>>
>>51358793
Do you also play the cracker game faggot? Last one to finish on the cracker had to eat it
>>
>>51358703
>>51358707
>>51358799
Inquisition is cool, but the Grey Knights have too many models that make me cringe.

The Exorcists chapter seems pretty interesting, I'll look into that. Thanks, friends.
>>
>>51358831
So if you table it then she wont put on clothes for a week?
>>
>>51358831
>Unpack your Riptide Wing + Allied Detachment of Wraithknights
>Wipe the tide
>Greentide counts as 11 units
>;)
>>
Plastic Inquisition when?
>>
File: 1475997131278.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475997131278.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>51358821

Sorry dude
>>
>>51358840
But they are already off.

>implying 'Nids would even win that fight
>>
>>51358855
Damn we forgot about that. Probably need to do it next time!

We had two girls and one gay dude. I'm willing to bet that that gay dude would lose the game on purpose.
>>
>>51358895
>girls
>playing Warhammer
nice meme
>>
>>51358895
Depends? He might be gay but still can be an asshole.
>>
>>51358930
Nids players exist Anon.
>>
>>51358933
I know i am one
>>
File: jchd.jpg (56KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
jchd.jpg
56KB, 600x587px
>>51356948
>epub
I'd rather not have to have a bunch of additional bullshit to read a codex if I can just download a PDF and open it from its folder.
>>
>>51356492
>downloading 65 gb
Oh boy. Well I got the space.
>>
>>51358933
I used to play IG but I can't look them in the eye after the name change, and I fell in love with mechanicus.
>>
Is there a specific codex or FAQ that states that grey knights can use the psyker abilities from angels of death?

everyone i ask says they can but I can't find anything
>>
>>51359002
Rules as Written, only faction: space marine librarians can use them, iirc.
But RAI clearlly applies to librarians and their equivalents of any of the "marine" factions
>>
>>51358951
PDF is how you get a virus or tracker
>>
>>51359020
EPUB is how you get epubs. I don't know which is worse.
>>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C22NPx_WQAATrcw.jpg:large
>>
>>51359019
it wasnt a question of RAW vs RAI it was a question of RAW in one book over RAW elsewhere

either way i found it on the psyker cards
>>
File: 1280366692164.png (400KB, 977x436px) Image search: [Google]
1280366692164.png
400KB, 977x436px
>>51359077

Member when everyone thought GW was trying to force daemon models on every imperial player with the new summoning rules? Good times.
>>
>>51357210
>And yet MTG has power creep, xwing has power creep, warmahordes has power creep, infinity has power creep
that doesn't mean it's okay, though
>>
>>51358788
Never has a 4chan photo made me REEEEE before. Well played
>>
guys I have two fantasy armies and two 40k armies and stopped playing in 6th edition. I wanna get back into playing but there is one thing stopping me: formations. They are probably the worst thing I have ever seen in 40k. Half your army is chosen before you even begin to build a list alternatively you get a bunch of bonuses for taking units YOU WOULD HAVE TAKEN ANYWAY. The example im looking at for this is that my friend showed me an eldar formation of units that are basic as fuck (3 different aspects of any kind)
get plus 1 bs or ws and re roll leadership. Or just taking 3 troops is a "formation"

are we just stupid? Is it a tactic to get people buying multiple models at once or what?
>>
I know forge world characters can be, but do any forge world units/vehicles work in formations? Or am i going to have to go unbound in my hunger for fluff?
>>
>>51359121
Formations were a good idea implimented poorly.

It makes sense to have units designed to work together have bonuses. But what we have are power creeping model grubbing powerhouses and blatantly terrible ones.

Shit went sideways
>>
>>51359159
If there is a formation for them, it will be in the same IA book the unit itself is found in. GW don't make formations for FW units.
>>
>>51359121
adapt or die anon and no one is forcing you to use formations, you can easily use CAD to min/max to your hearts delight
>>
>>51359159
You can do it if there's a formation in the IA book, or if Forgeworld explicitly says it can be taken in any formation that a unit could otherwise be taken in, like they did with a few of their variants on GW units.
>>
>>51359121
at least you pay a tax for certain stuff, OSC for tau is a VERY powerful anti cover and tank formation but its a minimum 190 points of tax of stealth suits to get it on the ghostkeel suit

you need to look at the zero tax ones to see where it went badly and kept going

notable examples:
Baronial court is 5-6 imperial knights, all knights get 3++ instead of 4++ if near another knight

riptide wing: 3 units of riptides with no tax, once a game all riptides that dont move can all do thier shooting phase twice, plus you reroll all failed nova charge rolls if near another riptide unit
>>
>>51359077
Yeah that reference card still doesn't tell you which models can generate from those schools, and is almost entirely useless
>>
>>51359227
all greyknights are psykers, the book says psykers can manifest said powers
>>
>>51357645
Literally who?
>>
>>51359223
>riptide wing: 3 units of riptides with no tax, once a game all riptides that dont move can all do thier shooting phase twice, plus you reroll all failed nova charge rolls if near another riptide unit

well there is a 0 percent chance ill ever try for a pickup game at any flgs haha. I guess we will just stick to our playgroup and see if we get bored. Thanks though guys
>>
>>51359227
>>51359240

I worded that like shit

All greyknights are psykers but most units cant manifest powers as they have them pre-learned

Librarians can manifest from the powers listed on the card
>>
>>51359252
EgoQueenAlexis

Our local Tyranid Slanneshi sex goddess...
>>
File: 1484356798915.jpg (53KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1484356798915.jpg
53KB, 312x312px
>>51358199
>Imperial Guard backpack on the turret
>>
>>51359252
A youtuber that keeps coming here and pushing her work on us
>>
>>51358446
I like using arbites as commissars in an IG list
>>
>>51359326

But they have no authority over guardsmen
>>
>>51359326
Maybe for a penal Legion theme Army it could work... And be really cool to see that all painted up
>>
>>51359301
>Not wanting to shoot altered copies of the Uplifting Primer that says that the Emperor followed the Ways of the Greater Good and joining the Tau is what He would have want.
>>
>>51359171
Ok then. New question. Anyone know which ia the fire raptor was in?
>>
>>51359369
>playing tau
>ever
its like you want to be devoured by nids
>>
>>51358790
>>51358821
Luke pls leave
>>
>>51359426
IA2 2nd edition.
>>
File: 1480223342691.jpg (111KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1480223342691.jpg
111KB, 900x675px
Are we about to enter 40k End Times /tg/? Do you think 40k is going to get Sigmarized or will the setting just get shaken up to prep us for 8th Ed?

On a side note, do you think codex supplements are going to eventually replace new codexes all together? Have they already?
>>
>>51359252
some mentally ill freak who lurks here and shits up threads
>>
alright /tg/ i fixed my Iron Warriors list, can i hold up with this?
Grand Company

Chaos Warband

Chaos Lord (1) - 135pts
1 Chaos Lord: Frag and krak grenades,Power weapon,Bolt pistol,Sigil of corruption,Fleshmetal Exoskeleton,Veterans of the Long War

Chaos Space Marines (10) - 165pts Veterans of the Long War
1 Aspiring Champion: Champion of Chaos,Power weapon,Bolt pistol,Boltgun
8 Chaos Space Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol
1 Chaos Space Marine: Meltagun,Bolt pistol

Chaos Cultists (30) - 130pts
1 Cultist Champion: Autopistol
29 Chaos Cultist: Autopistol

Chosen (5) - 185pts Veterans of the Long War
1 Chosen Champion: Champion of Chaos,Boltgun,Bolt pistol,Power weapon,Melta bombs
3 Chosen: Boltgun,Bolt pistol,Power weapon
1 Chosen: Plasma gun,Bolt pistol,Power weapon

Raptors (10) - 210pts Veterans of the Long War
1 Raptor Champion: Champion of Chaos,Power weapon,Bolt pistol
8 Raptor: CloseCombatWeapon,Bolt pistol
1 Raptor: CloseCombatWeapon,Plasma gun

Havocs (5) - 175pts Veterans of the Long War
1 Aspiring Champion: Champion of Chaos,Close combat weapon,Bolt pistol,Boltgun
4 Havoc: Missile launcher with flakk missiles,Bolt pistol

Cult of Destruction

Warpsmith (1) - 130pts
1 Warpsmith: Power axe,Bolt pistol,Nest of Mechaserpents,Veterans of the Long War

Obliterators (3) - 210pts Veterans of the Long War
3 Obliterator

3 Obliterator

3 Obliterator

Aegis Defense Line (1) - 50pts
1 Aegis Defense Line

1 Aegis Defense Line

Wall of Martyrs Vengeance Weapon Battery (1) - 85pts
1 Wall of Martyrs Vengeance Weapon Battery: Gun emplacement with Battle cannon

1 Aegis Defense Line
>>
File: titus.jpg (16KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
titus.jpg
16KB, 480x712px
>>51359369
>not having a pure copy of the Primer already at hand
>not seeing through the xeno lies
>considering joining naive aliens that neither care about mankind nor understand how to even go about providing for them
>ignoring that the Tau shot first
get out of my face, but give back my backpack first, you fucking blue fish-fetishist nerd.
>>
So I some chimeras, a CCS and some infantry man, and I want to convert them to Lost and the Damned, Khorne based. How should I do it? I have some green stuff, but nothing apart from that.
>>
>>51359559
lol you are a fat white guy posting on a Mongolian basket weaving forum site and you call others mentally ill.
>>
>>51359159
you could also always just use a CAD
>>
>>51359630
Paint it red, brass trim. Slap on skulls and spikes. Then slap on more skulls and spikes.
>>
>>51359630
>How should I do it?
By repenting and returning to the Emperor's light.

But on a serious note, you should probably look at getting a box of cultists or two (the CSM kind) and maybe a box of GSC. You said you've got greenstuff, so I'd say practice making Khorne symbols with it in place of banners and shit.
>>
>>51359680
EqoQueenAlexis pls go and stay go
>>
>>51359680

lol triggered
>>
>>51359680
>>you are a fat white guy
>assuming race and gender
>saying fat and not curvaceous
Sounds like someone needs to check their privilege.
>>
How does Celestine do against Magnus?
>>
>>51359752
Dies to the D and has trouble even scratching him.
That said, he is triple her points.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485108661510.jpg (34KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485108661510.jpg
34KB, 511x511px
>>51356572
>Butiful cosplayers
>>
>>51359716
>>51359719
>>51359716
Another question, can LatD even use the chimeras?
Also who should I use as my Company Commander/ Demagouge
>>
>>51359752
Not well, but as usual if she can get to combat before he Ds her to death she can hold him there indefinitely.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485196358243.jpg (46KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485196358243.jpg
46KB, 576x576px
>>51359812
>>
File: L-lewd.gif (176KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
L-lewd.gif
176KB, 312x322px
>>51359818
>before he Ds her to death
L-lewd
>>
>>51359814
Are you using Forge World shit or are you doing a "I'm playing IG I just would rather them be a bunch of LatD Khorne worshipers."?
>>
So as someone planning on getting Gangs of Commoragh next week I have to ask.

Considering the price vs individual boxes did they just remove every non-essential bit from the boxes or what?
>>
>>51359891
The latter. I just got a bunch of guard shit from friends who tried out 40k and didnt like it. Only the CCS is painted. I normally play my own khorne warband.
>>
>>51359680
i rest my case
>>
>>51359752
Not good?
Tho depends on the army comp of both

Magnus harnesses on a 2+ Celestine denies on a 5+

Magnus can fly and all Celestine has is her Twins' bolt pistols? As AA

Magnus knows quite a bit AP1-2 spells and two Ds

In short:
>If Magnus flies and shoots? Magnus
>If Magnus lands and fights in melee? Probably Celestine. As 6 attacks half hit, 5/6 wound, with 1/2 saving for 1.25 USW a turn on his end.
>>
>>51359870
Is she holding a lamp in her right hand
also I'm having trouble distinguishing where her jaw starts and her neck ends
It's like Steve Oedekerk made another Thumb movie based on Warhammer 40,000
>>
>>51359814
I did a Company commander with a banewolf head and fw autopistol arm. Head and arm swaps can do wonders for a model. Make sure you remember to file off any imperial iconography or otherwise hide it somehow.
>>
>>51359905
It's a money-saving bundle designed to shift stock. Not that Reavers weren't selling, but Hellions were probably collecting dust. The motive doesn't matter anyway, because even if you discount the Hellions entirely it's still an excellent deal.

Welcome to the new GW. They actually let you save money now.
>>
>>51359943
It only means they have very inflated prices if they can do that and still get a profit
>>
>>51359906
Then yeah, unless you want to make up your own fluff reasons for them using other shit (proxies or the goofie blue four-tread things, Tauroxes or whatever? never use them or pay attention to them myself) there's no reason you couldn't use Chimeras. If you're interested in fleshing it out fluff-wise just say something like they corrupted the machine spirits or yanked them out and stuffed a daemon in there.
>>
>>51359985
are machine spirits even real?
>>
>>51359936
>I did a Company commander with a banewolf head
just for you
>>
>>51359975
Considering flg stores get GW products at half the rrsp AND GW still makes a profit off of it, I'd say the mark up is massive usually.
>>
>>51360075

Yes, they're basic AI functions, interpreted as spirits.

>Titan advances and enemy units begin to fall into range
>Target AI (Machine spirit...) starts registering targets and requesting permission to fire
>The Machine spirit is exceptionally angry today the pilot exclaims in high spirits!
>>
>>51359936
>>51359985
Ok, thanks for this all. Now, last two questions: where can I get mutants for the rabble, and will people even want to play with me if I use LatD.
>>
>>51360075
No, 40k is fiction.
>>
>>51360109
interesting, i had always wondered what they were in context of the universe. Men of Iron rebellion when?
>>
>>51360075
Yeah. If I remember correctly, when shit went down in the totally-not-a-rip-off-of-the-Butlerian-Jihad, when mankind fought against advanced artificial intelligences they'd created (and the reason Emps has a ban on advanced AI), they learned that AI of a sufficient level is open to daemonic possession.

The work-around for this- to keep the benifits of having AI on your machines while avoiding the daemon shit- was to grow basically-brains/organic components and shove them into the machine you made it for. It sort of has a soul, so it isn't open to possession unless you actually ram a daemon in there, as Chaos Marines are want to do.
>>
File: sisterfisterlogo.png (33KB, 1600x484px) Image search: [Google]
sisterfisterlogo.png
33KB, 1600x484px
NEVER FORGET
>>
File: 1485061784404.png (591KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1485061784404.png
591KB, 900x850px
>>51360075
They're sentient AI constructs that infect everything the Mechanicus creates. The Tech-Priests interpret them as fragments of the Omnissiah inhabiting sacred machines. Generally the more advanced the machine, the more autonomous the machine spirit is, like Land Raiders can drive themselves but lasgun machine spirits don't do anything other than help the rifle operate efficiently.

Not to be confused with SAPIENT AI which causes Tech-Priests to have a breakdown because machines being able to set their own goals is a heresy (machines supposed to be serving Mankind, not doing their own thing) and AI tends to self-improve, which is unsanctioned innovation, which is double heresy.
>>
>>51360130
Already happened, and doesn't really work with simpler AI or things that are more of an assistance tool rather than a full on automated person.

The Men of Iron rebellion happened because humans essentially had an entire race of robot slaves to do literally everything for them. There also might have been some Chaos prodding in there, but generally as long as AI is smaller scale or at least not treated like total shit, the odds of a revolution are more slim.
>>
>>51360202
I want another one dammit
>>
>>51360117
Probably chaos spawn boxes/posessed marine boxes/shit from Warhammer Fantasy (oh, sorry, Age of Skubmar*). Stuff like flagellants from Empire mixed in with the mutated bits you get from possessed and spawn. I'd say if they're rabble, run them as conscripts, though conscripts are kinda' a step up from rabble since they get lasguns. Yeah, I know, "lol flashlights", but the Imperium does actually place importance on las weaponry. Abhumans and mutants aren't legally allowed to own las weapons, only stub weapons.
>>
>>51356791
>maybe the command squad is posted on a desert world and it's so hot they need the berets so they don't overheat
that's not how berets works, fedora anon.
>>
>>51360133

>so it isn't open to possession unless you actually ram a daemon in there, as Chaos Marines are want to do.

Not that Servitors turning on the Imperium due to malfunctions or treachery isn't a common occurrence.
>>
>>51360121
>No
>40k is fiction.

>Computer stops working for no reason I can tell
>Can't afford another one
>Don't know how it works and can't afford to take it to the shop
>Decide to just take it apart, give all the components a really good clean/dusting
>Put it back together and beg it to work as I nervously press the power button
>Machine Spirit, pleased with my devotion, activates my computer, thus allowing me to return to my shitposting on 4chins

AVE OMNISSIAH
>>
>>51360220
>I want another one dammit
[COUGH]tau[COUGH][COUGH]
>>
>>51359559
Is it a tranny? I'm at work so I can't delve too deep to find out for myself
>>
>>51359121
Funnily enough, when detachments and formations started coming out, people thought they would be useless due to how strong Objective Secured is. Even today, Eldar tend to go for CAD due to ObSec.

Like >>51359168 says, they're a good idea with poor implementation. Command Bonuses are a great place to put army-wide rules or rules for representing different kinds of forces. Formation benefits are a great place to put rules for the interaction between units. Unfortunately, very few formations actually do this. There have also been pretty severe issues in terms of what point level formations/detachments should be aiming for.
>>
>>51360273
will that be the Taus biggest downfall
>>
>>51360283
yes
>>
>>51360182
>>51360130
>>51360220

I want the gathering storm storyline to be interrupted by the unexpected return of the men of iron
>>
>>51360283
yes. hes also the faggot who whines about /pol/ every thread
>>
>>51359168
>Best Mechanicus formation is literally just 'One box of every model we sell'

GW letting greed overtake game design, what a shock.
>>
>>51360302
What a time to be alive. No hobby is safe from a tranny craving attention from lonely male nerds
>>
>>51359223
Optimized Stealth Cadre is OP as fuck. A high quantity of S5 shooting that auto-hits in the rear is NOT a tax.

Ionic Shieldwall would be a great example of a "work together" to get bonuses rule if it was just more restrictive. It's just too easy to keep Knights within 6" of each other.
>>
>>51360251
First I've heard of such a thing in the eight years I've been into 40k. Granted, I could have missed something, I'll admit that, but servitors only look like people. They have more in common with a TI calculator than a person. Malfunctions are a given with any machine, spirit or not, but most vehicals are probably more intelligent than a servitor, and would therefor be more prone to "treachery", but you don't really hear about Sentinels kicking a commissar to death in the name of the blood god too often.
>>
>>51360374
Just because you dont hear about it doesn't mean it doesnt happen anon
>>
File: DAoT Standard Issue Sidearm.webm (3MB, 1728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DAoT Standard Issue Sidearm.webm
3MB, 1728x1080px
>>51360341
It's implied the Men of Iron basically got corrupted by Chaos, so they'd just tip the balance even more in Chaos' favour.

Plus they'd overrun everything pretty much immediately in the current 40k setting since they're basically spehs muhreens that can be mass produced at the same speed the Imperium creates lasrifles.

Short of the Mechanicus finding a complete STC and the Imperium becoming fully Dark Age of Technology capable once again (thought I wouldn't put it past GW considering the massive power level shift between WH Fantasy and AoS) there's not much that would stop them.
>>
>>51360362
>Ionic Shieldwall now only works if models are in base to base contact.

Better?
>>
>>51360297
I think there are already stories about Drones being fucky, or maybe that was just fanwank that eventually mixed in with fluff over time in my memories. Tau are probably safe for the time being, given that mankind had already spread across the galaxy by time chaos took notice of their robo-mans and decided to stick their dicks in 'em.
>>
>>51360374
Mechanicum has 'feral servitors' that rove across Mars in packs, attacking Mechanicum menials and adepts to steal their implants for spare parts and consume their flesh to keep their biologicals working.

The Knights have a full-time job culling them to keep their numbers in check, so servitors going rogue must be a fairly regular occurence.
>>
>>51360374
>Sentinel kicking a commissar to death in the name of the blood god
Okay I'm going to start a Khornate army now
>>
>>51360223
I mean, there is a LatD codex in IA 11 if Im not mistaken. I hope I can find a torrent of it. And yeah, I might also get some AoS marauders for the bitz. Its gonna be fun to repaint my poor guardsman.
>>
>>51360397
I have no reason to believe it does happen. It's a big galaxy, so I'm sure chaos has fucked with servitors before, but I doubt it's just "happened", of the servitors own volition. Because they have no volition. If you stick them in a pot with water you'd be making vegetable stew.
>>
>>51359926
Magnus is going to have a 3++ rerolling 1's every turn except for top of turn 1 if the other guy goes first. He does significantly more damage per turn to her than she does to him, ignoring any extra damage he can force through with Transmogrify'd Gemini.
>>
>>51360448
There was one time the Tau took over an Imperial world an investigated a forest the locals said was haunted.

Shadowsun's Battle suit proceeded to go crazy and blast most of her team.
>>
>>51360432
Sure. Now they just need to make super heavy vehicles susceptible to a damage chart that might force them to choose between leaving an injured Knight behind or sticking together for the Shieldwall.
>>
>>51360467
Close Combat sentinels are the main thing that makes me want a Khorne force
>>
>>51360560
I was thinking of just proxying him as a daemon prince or terminator lord.
>>
>>51360404
where's that webm from?
>>
>>51360595
That's probably a better idea. I would say the Lord is a bit of a closer fit.
>>
>>51360458
Huh. Wasn't aware of that. Is that newer fluff or did I just never come across it? I'd been under the impression servitors were more or less a step up from servo-skulls and that's about it.
>>
>>51356549
I figured if you rolled 6 you roll another D6, like if BS/WS
>>
>>51360595
sentinels are markedly less durable than either of those, though
>>
File: cummies.png (227KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
cummies.png
227KB, 500x351px
>being mean to /our/ girl
>>
>>51360117
I'm running skaven plague monks with gas mask heads from another company, as well as tzaangors for two types of mutants. Chaos beastmen, skaven, lizardmen, chaos spawn guardsmen, kitbashing catachans and ork parts alongside greenstuff and chaos spawn bits; mutants are a varied lot and basically anything can be a mutant as long as you convert it properly.

As for 'will people want to play me', I've never had trouble getting a game, but my LGS is very FW friendly and I only really play with friends anyway, so...

>>51360094
Excellent meme anon, 10/10.
>>
>>51360597

Blame!

I think, it looks like blame! at least
>>
File: CheeseList.png (125KB, 829x779px) Image search: [Google]
CheeseList.png
125KB, 829x779px
Hello there /tg/

So, I'm quite new to 40k. I started collecting Grey Knights because I love the models and the lore, particularly the Terminator sets.

Problem I've found is that even deep striking my 1 wound terminators will struggle to get into combat, or by the time they do its a bit to late. Massed lasgun shots will get past my 2 +save if enough gets thrown at them and don't get me started on my friend's Tau.

So I've come up with this list, I'm able to roll Invisibility and Veil of Time 99% of the time.

I'm assuming this is ultimate cheese and I should think of something else. If so, suggestions would be welcome!
>>
>>51360776
>kaldor drago
>>
>>51360721
>cummies
FUCK OFF with your shitty copy pasta, NO ONE thinks that shit is funny other than you.
Every time you spam your own little forced meme all I can see is some fat, bearded fuck giggling at his own joke.

KYS
>>
>>51360721
he really is fucking disgusting. sad.
>>
>>51360789

Kaldor and the 4 Libs with 5 Terminators. Buff up then Gate into the enemy. Deep strike the Dreadknights next to them.
>>
Where can I find info on the old versions of the baneblade? My friend says he's got a baneblade kit that builds only the baneblade, but the current kit says it can build all the variants too.
>>
>>51360744
I was thinking some beastmen and maybe fantasy forsaken or marauders with spawns. But I want it to be mostly guardsmen, as its a regiment who have fallen to the blood rage of Khorne after they had to purge a population of a hive city. Something like that. Sucks that Im a shitty modeler but I`ll try to do my best. Also, I never actually went to my LGS, I moved recently. So I hope that people wont throw me the fuck out of there for playing a Forge World army (with no forgeworld models kek)
>>
File: Girl.png (41KB, 647x307px) Image search: [Google]
Girl.png
41KB, 647x307px
>>51360819
>>51360799
>he
>>
>>51360868
>>51360868
>>51360868
NEW
>>
>>51360844
then yell KHALDOR DRAIGO!!!!!!! really fucking loud as you wave a plastic sword around annoyingly close to your opponent's face
>>
>>51360458
Mars is all kinda of fucked up tho, so it may not be a regular occurrence anywhere else.
>>
>>51360550
>make super heavy vehicles susceptible to a damage chart

So long as GC get their own damage chart
>>
>>51360883

I feel like I'm missing out on a meme or something :(
>>
>>51360747
Thanks.
>>
>>51360904
2bh the old damage chart from old Apoc would be swell.

MCs and FMCs and GCs getting their own damage tables is an unrelated but needed mechanic.
>>
>>51360254
>Computer parts not plugged in properly
>Plug them back in
>Computer really dusty
>Cleaned out
>Starts working
>MUST BE AI
>>
>>51357645
I wouldn't consider myself gay, but I would fuck him
>>
File: thatsthejoke.png (76KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.png
76KB, 800x580px
>>51361192
>>
File: IMG_3760.jpg (54KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3760.jpg
54KB, 405x720px
Someone posted an unhelmeted Thousand Son on Bolter&Chainsword recently

I really love how it looks, but I'm also super autistic about fluff. How can I justify an unhelmeted thousand son in 40k?
>>
>>51361257
you were the guy in the whiteshirt at the start of the video, right?
>>
>>51361380
Sorcerers aren't dust.
>>
>>51361440

I know that much, but I was thinking of making an unhelmeted 'line' Marine.

I know the rubric Marine kits have lots of organic mutations, maybe I can work with that somehow?

Another idea I've had is an 'auxiliary' force of Thousand Sons tac marines who fight alongside the rubrics and more traditional units.. although not sure how fluffy that is.
>>
>>51357119

Yes you do,ork players are very in tune with the issues with their no math codex and vocal about it.

What kind of echo chamber do they have you in?
>>
>>51361380
>>51361665
Well, without helmet he'll be just a dust cload, or a starmist cload, coming out of the hole.
And overall, it's fluff violating. They're sealing their armours tight for a reason - this reason being to prevent disperal.
>>
I think I'm gonna start playing Imperial Guard since my friend is selling off his old models for cheap. So far I'm definitely gonna get:
2 command squads
2 infantry squads
2 heavy weapons squads
Valkyrie
Baneblade
Leman Russ Demolisher
Leman Russ from the old battleforce

But now I have a bit of a conundrum, I could also get another unopene Demolisher Russ which would please my autism, or another built Valkyrie for way cheap. What should I do?
Thread posts: 524
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.