[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1299: Ding Dong, Pizza's Here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 478
Thread images: 47

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51309171
>>
>>51306994
Bancho, any opinion?
>>
File: animaniacswherearetheynow.png (564KB, 1000x3107px) Image search: [Google]
animaniacswherearetheynow.png
564KB, 1000x3107px
Jumpers!

Just how do people deal with you leaving? Do you imagine they feel a sting when you're no longer in their lives? Are they worse off for knowing you?
>>
Jump # 178 Geneforge
Name: Raven
Background: Shaper (100)
Starting location: Sucia Island
Focus: Shaping

Perks:
*Quick Study (0)
*Leadership (150, Discount)
*Reshaping (600)
*Innate Genetic Understanding (300, Discount)

Equipment:
Robes of ambiguous Gender (0)
*Portable Gene forge Components

Drawbacks:
*At the beginning (+ 300)
*Abomination (+ 400*)

It’s good to be back to a more normal form, I hardly even mind washing up on a beach with sand getting in places I would rather not mention… ok I did mind that but well it’s good to be back to normal.

Melody my sister from IS seems quite disturbed by my current appearance. It’s going to take a while to adjust I suppose. She seemed even less happy when I started using those canisters and gaining a green tint. I did warn her about certain things but I guess seeing it first hand is a bit more jarring.

So finding myself on a deserted shaper colony with a bunch of crafted creatures was not fun. I didn’t mind the ones that weren’t trying to kill me so much as I felt bad for them. Created just to be used. I tried to help them when I could. Also there were the creatures that were not so friendly… I felt bad but my companions and I put an end to them.

One of the groups of serviles, the takers tried to kidnap me on behalf of their master to try and use me to work his geneforge to give him god like powers. I met with the man and decided he was up to no good. I offered to give everyone human forms so they could go and live as they wish. The offer stunned him a little but not being an apparent fan of humans (or shapers) he stood firm to his demands.

(to be continued)
>>
>>51317056
Time stops when you leave anon, they don't notice a thing.
>>
>>51317077
I told him no and he tried to kill me. Thankfully my other companions were able to keep Meledy back while I defeated him. However I left him alive. As I turned and walked away I told him I had no desire to see his people fallow in the same path as the people they hated. Gaining power and then either subjugating the Shapers or killing them would make them no better than their masters. Had he sought freedom and equality I would have helped him but He just wanted power, and were willing to harm innocents to get it, so they were on their own.

There was another shaper on the island who he had kidnapped, who managed to steal some gloves that were required to use the geneforge safely. They had managed to make some fake gloves and was still being sought by the takers so I helped them fake their death and leave the fake gloves on the fake corpse. A few weeks later we heard of the death of the leader of the takers and the destruction of the geneforge (with some modifications I had made to the gloves)

Also for some reason I kept being targeted by some over crafted dragon-like monster. The damn thing was tough.It was near mindless and but managed to get away when things turned against it. We finally had to kill it by luring it in to a trap.

I explore the island and claimed many of it’s secrets. I helped the other tribes making sure they would be prosperous after I left and then finally decided to return to civilization. I was captured by the shapers but I was mostly honest and was eventually cleared as I hadn’t done anything wrong really and was told not to tell anyone what I had found.
>>
Could the Demons of astlan maker chime in as to what perks someone needs to take to make portals like tom does? I love the jump but the truth is I dont have enough cp to get all I want with max drawbacks (which is fine) So Im not sure what I really need to do what I want. Im a pretty old jumper by now but I was planning on trying to do this one with mostly in jump powers.
>>
What would be the best setting to take Saitama to for a have a good fight?
>>
I'm debating when to take the Infinite Stratos jump.

On one hand the One in a Trillion perk is super useful especially starting out.

On the other I kind of feel like waiting and gain enough abilities and knowledge to make Tabane my bitch by upgrading my IS with Warframe, Dark Eldar, and other advance and exotic tech. The look on her face when she sees my creation effortlessly surpass her little toys will be so satisfying.

Plus waiting will let me gather the perks and abilities to turn the entire IS academy into my personal harem.
>>
>>51317192
SCP Foundation
682 is basically the opposite of him: it always survives any attack, or resurrects shortly.
>>
>>51317229
Able is also there. Any damage done to able instead hurts the person who attacks him.
>>
File: Bobby-News.jpg (176KB, 373x991px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby-News.jpg
176KB, 373x991px
>>51316525
>>
>>51317239
>bullying able
Geez anon hasn't he been through enough?
>>
>>51317270
I mean has he? You cant hurt the guy anyway.
>>
What's Merlin BBC like? Is it dangerous? Any good waifus?
>>
>>51317270
>>51317239
>Able
It's Abel. Able is "having sufficient power, skill, or resources to do something".
>>
>>51317193
I would suggest waiting since it seems like you have some plans you want to accomplish. There are probably easier early jumps that can help you get what you want to be before you do what you wish to do there.
>>
>>51317295
>Merlin BBC
Merlin isn't black, anon
>>
>>51317302
And this post is "not understanding what people are talking about".
>>
>>51317295
There's a bunch of wars and it's medieval times, so it's pretty dirty and rife with disease. But outside of the few major players, you're not going to hit anything more dangerous than the occasional monster in the woods.
>>
>>51317295
Well it has morgan lafey who is immenantly fuckable, especially if your royalty. It is dangerous, has magic and dragons and such with plots to destroy camelot all over the place.
>>
>>51317192
Saitama really would love just about any high end jump. Take Saitama to any version of Asgard he will probably be happy (for a while). DC is also a good place for him. Sadly the best place is probably Dragonball Z but that's an end jump.
>>
>>51317295
>Any good waifus?
Are you gay? If not then there's really only Morgana whose okay I guess. She turns pretty crazy later though you'll be able to stop that if you want.
>>
File: Merlin1133.jpg (704KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Merlin1133.jpg
704KB, 2048x1365px
>>51317324
I think you mean morgana?
>>
>>51317315
Yeah, SCP-076. Abel. With SCP-73 being Cain. Able was just how they thought it was spelled, apparently.
>>
>>51317353
Actually my autocorrect turns it to able.
>>
What jumps give goods boosts to intelligence and creativity since >>51317307 is right.
>>
>>51317363
That's because it thinks you're saying "able". Abel is the actual name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain_and_Abel
>>
File: Morgause_in_red_dress.jpg (392KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Morgause_in_red_dress.jpg
392KB, 1365x2048px
>>51317342
Morgause is okay, too.
>>
>>51317371
Doc and Marty.
>>
>>51317239
Nah, you're thinking of Cain, the one with the metal limbs and the anti-vegetation field, and the damage reflection.

Able is the dingleberry who resurrects in coffin inside a big volcanic glass cube.

No idea why you'd want to hurt him, tho. He's a genuinely decent guy. The only SCP who might be nicer than him is that one Mesopotamian healing god.
>>
>>51317353
076 is spelled Able.
>>
>>51317087
Unless you decide to stay or go home in a different jump, or you spark and don't even bother returning to that universe.
>>
I bought four pods. I plan on putting the TF2 Medic in one for his medical expertise and leaving one open for any waifu that appears, but I have no clue on what to do with the other two. What's good things?
>>
>>51317408
Still not how it should be spelled.

>>51317406
Isn't SCP Abel kind of a blood knight though?
>>
>>51317353
>>51317382
www.scp-wiki.net/scp-series#001
Just look at the name of it, dude. It's Able, not Abel.
Pretty sure they spelled it 'wrong' on purpose.
Able is one of their last OC Donut Steels.

>>51317449
He's some sort of sociopathic monster with superhuman physical abilities and can make swords and shit.
Basically a low-level Jumper on an EDGE trip.
Except he comes back every time he's killed.

I have to call bullshit on it personally. I don't know why they haven't simply encased the fucking cube in steel or concrete or whatever. Then they wouldn't have to worry about him or finding the keys to lock the damn thing.
>>
>>51317371
Rick and Morty: Genius
Futurama: Inventor
Girl Genius: Strong Spark
Great Detective: Bunch of things
Sherlock Holmes: Bunch of things
Worm: Bunch of things

Genius WoD when it's finished
>>
>>51317504
That's fair. Sorry if I acted like a dick, it just gets a little annoying to see people misspell that name all the time. It doesn't really matter that much, though.

That being said, if he's reincarnates in the box, why not just...get rid of the box? The Foundation has pocket dimensions and stuff to throw things into alternate universes if I remember right, why not just do that?
>>
>>51317565
They prefer nuking the area when he gets out.

They are not smart.
>>
>>51317606
See, it's weird, the Foundation goes from being fucking brilliant to fucking stupid and then back again on a dime. I swear that they'd solve a lot of their problems if they can just maintain that competence for long enough.
>>
>>51317638
Such is life when you're written by a bunch of volunteers on the internet with very little quality control.

Still technically better than Marvel though.
>>
>>51317638
Turns out that SCP-001 is actually the Idiot Ball. Staff take turns holding it.
>>
>>51317565
Because he's old and popular.
>>
>>51317565
In their own words:
>It's Secure, Contain, Protect, not Destroy, Destroy, Destroy
They only try to destroy stuff when it's a literally world-ending in scope.
The absolute worst Able could probably do is a few thousand murders before they catch him and put him away again.
So they keep him on lockdown, with a nuke over his head instead. Until they can figure out how the box works.

Then they'll likely do something like set his resurrect timer to ∞+1 day. Right now it randomly rezzes him between every 6 hours to 25 years.
>>
>>51317565
It comes up a lot that their motto is "Secure. Contain. Protect." even when it's against most peoples' better judgement. Pretty sure throwing him in such a universe or losing him would be contrary to that goal. Also >>51317606 .
>>
>>51317652
Only because it's difficult to tell the difference between shades of grimderp.
>>
>>51317565
> The Foundation has pocket dimensions and stuff
Ah, see, your problem here is you're thinking of SCP as a setting with coherent timelines and rationality. In fact, it only exists to house creepypastas. Any interactions between SCPs only exist to facilitate that, and no actual solutions can be found.

That's not really a dig against the setting, it's actually the goal of the site itself. They don't like it when SCPs have some kind of conclusion. They're just supposed to exist in perpetuity and give off creepypasta vibes.
>>
>>51317371
Incomplete list, 1/4/17: http://pastebin.com/6JA2DrYc

I'll get around to finishing this list completely, someday.
>>
>>51317659
>>51317663
That's a good point, I suppose. Though wait, if that's the case why are they so obsessed with killing 682? He's just as dangerous as Able/Abel, and yet they're always trying to kill him.

>>51317680
That's a good thing for SCP jumpers, then.
>>
>>51317736
I don't think they can reliably contain 682 if it decides it wants to leave.
>>
>>51317736
> That's a good thing for SCP jumpers, then.
Yeah, since there's something like twelve apocalypses all hanging around in the setting poised to end the world when you arrive, it's something of a comfort that none of them will actually come to pass unless you go trying to jumpstart them.

Also, more likely than not, nothing's going to happen to all those SCPs, so if you feel like looting some shit, the only time limit you've got is the decade you have to spend in the jump.

Just gotta dodge around all the memetic and instagib shit that's dotted around the setting, and you're basically golden.
>>
File: dinosaursoccer.jpg (116KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
dinosaursoccer.jpg
116KB, 1024x576px
>>51317077
Jump # 179 Sports (Dinosaur Soccer?!?)
Team Bonus: Experience
Sport: Dinosaur Soccer
Background: Skill (100)

Perks:
*The Mastery of a Champion (0) Fundamentals are important in dinosaur Soccer
*The King in his Territory (100, Discount)
*Fish in the Stream (150, Discount)
*Knowledge to achieve (200, Discount)
*The Growth of the Juggernaut (600)

Equipment:
*The power of Nekama-Friendship-Love (Trixie the Triceratops) (0)

Drawbacks:
*I Didn’t see anything (+200)

So… I was just an average high school kid who just joined our schools Dinosaur Soccer team. We ride dinosaurs as they play soccer with a huge ball and it was as awesome as it sounded. My Partner was Trixie the triceratops

Well Trixie and I worked heard, we were on a small underdog team, I managed to get a few of my companions to join. Snowflame joined for a short time but we decided that since they do drug test maybe that wasn’t a good idea.

We worked heard slowly improving and fighting our way until we defeated our cross town rival a much bigger schools team and made it to the national championship.

We made it to the championship where other team used T-rexes exclusively (it was their team name, and mascot) we managed to use the diversity of our teams dinosaurs to overwhelm their brute strength and became champions.

Eventually I went pro but Trixie was getting a little old, I had to give her a sip of the fountain of youth and change her name. It was nice that she could talk after that but it was difficult to adjust to her new intelligence and stronger will. Eventually we decided the life of a Professional Dinosaur Soccer player just wasn’t for us so I took my millions I made from playing, bought a ranch for Trixie and settled down with my wives.
>>
>>51317778
> Minesweeper, The Jump
>>
>>51317767
Doesn't it try to break out all the time, though?

>>51317778
Do we have anything for countering memetic stuff, by the way? I've been meaning to ask that for a while now.
>>
>>51317809
A couple perks are out there.
One is actually in SCP just in case you didn't already have one.
Another is in Generic Creepypasta and there's also one in the Gamer.
>>
>>51317809
SCP itself has a mental block that bars you from seeing/hearing cognitohazards.
Generic Creepypasta also has a perk that just makes you immune to them. It's one of the Drop In capstones, I believe.
>>
>>51317809
In the SCP jump itself, Alan Wake, and Creepypasta. Also, immunity to instant death effect for the "kill agents" in particular.
>>
>>51317809
Yes? That would be the impetus for killing the thing, they can't contain it like they can with others.
>>
>>51317822
>>51317828
>>51317831
Cool, thanks anons.

>>51317833
Right, makes sense.
>>
Are there any perks which allow you to instinctively know if an action (say, reading a book) would benefit you?
>>
File: arwen_by_rheatheranger-d7qrota.jpg (135KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
arwen_by_rheatheranger-d7qrota.jpg
135KB, 1024x724px
Jumpers! What or who did you do in Lord of the Rings?
>>
File: King Excellent.jpg (209KB, 1280x1828px) Image search: [Google]
King Excellent.jpg
209KB, 1280x1828px
>>51318170
I gave the ring to Sauron and said "1v1 me bro".
Then I punched him repeatedly.
>>
>>51318170
Pretty much all the female elves.

Mind you, I was treating that jump as a vacation jump, so I used a few different perks, magic systems, and flat out power wanking to make them think everything I said was a good idea.

Totally screwed up society. Got laid very often.
>>
Is there a perk to make certain people of choice to be immune to any social, mental or manipulating perks?

I regret taking so many harem+vanity perks, as it's difficult for my Jumper to have a conversation with anyone and not letting it devolve into a fuckfest.
>>
>>51318170
I gave the Fellowship Rider drives. Lots of orcs got RIDER KICKED!
>>
>>51318313
Have you perhaps tried showing some fucking restraint you whore?
>>
File: vash thinking.png (112KB, 267x264px) Image search: [Google]
vash thinking.png
112KB, 267x264px
...Tempted to take Spiral Academy in the Dragonbloods for Educated in order to learn how to run a government in jumps where I want to help unfuck a setting run by corrupt assholes and how to help establish a working society in places with none, but The Heptagram is also tempting b/c magic

what do, guys?
>>
Reposting from last thread as I would consider it finished, unless someone has other questions or comments to put in.

Also
>>51313239
Yes, I'd say that replacing the REON with another digital lifeform may work, though strange effects may occur if exotic/unconventional beings are used.
>>
>>51318331
Buy both?
>>
>>51318360
...I can do that?
>>
>>51318416
As far as I know, not like you couldn't start with both skill sets in the RPG.
>>
File: High Level PCs.jpg (242KB, 751x913px) Image search: [Google]
High Level PCs.jpg
242KB, 751x913px
>>51318253
Wow. Did he really survive multiple punches?
>>
>>51318345
Do we have to take Combination Manufacturing in order to use it post-jump, or does it just give us some experience with it?
>>
>>51317911
The best I can come up with is Route A to Route B from Drakengard
>You gain the ability to have an unnatural sense for how choices can play out, knowing generally if a path will end good or bad for you, as well as a feel for the consequences that your actions may cause. While you'll find this applies to a great deal, there are some choices with no good options.

>>51318313
...just Toggle them off when you need to get something done, or put on the Locket from Girl Genius tuned to only turn those effects off.

>>51318331
Personally I went Heptogram because the general principles of governance (for human societies, at least) are fairly universal, so you can pick them up in West Wing or some other jump. But YMMV and all that.

>>51318345
Thanks for that reply. Not exactly sure how everything works but it seems very interesting.
>>
>>51318459
It's fucking Sauron dude, yeah, it was a tough fight actually.
>>
>>51318360
Aren't both of those things tied to a single perk? I mean, it's not unreasonable to just pay again for it, but people generally seem to assume you can't get perks more than once if it's unstated.
>>
>>51318459
The four Daves sounds like an entertaining adventuring party,
>>
>>51318489
Dunno, wait for the Jumpmaker I suppose?
>>
>>51318467
Hmm, I'd say that if you don't take it you can still use it, though any special infrastructure it may rely on (tools and the like) may not work post-jump and you will have to learn everything from scratch, and do all that without the intuition given by the perk, but still theoretically doable.
>>
>>51318331
Maybe get the Magical Index from Hero BBS or something similar, and read about the Heptagram's magic from there?
>>
>>51318478
Dude got fucked by a barely superhuman with a moderately magical sword.
>>
>>51318474
Oh, hey, myrm. I actually had a couple questions for you about a perk from Eclipse Phase?

How complex or specific can motivations be? Would "survival, without being too much of a dick" be valid? What about something like "go to the art history section of every library you encounter". If they require knowledge that you no longer have (because you took an amnesia drawback, for example, and your motivation was "continue the chain"), would you have knowledge without context or would you be more inclined to a certain course of action once you acquired it?

Can motivations stack or can you have more than one of the same? Going back a bit, if you couldn't have "survive without being a dick", could you have "-Not being a dick, -Not being a dick, +Survival" to fiddle with priorities?
>>
>>51318679
How tough a fight with Sauron would be depends on where LOTR is on your chain, really.
>>
>>51318679
He got wrecked by a dog in Silmarilian, but LoTR wasn't super-duper far into my chain.
>>
>>51318474
>Route A to Route B
That's pretty great, man. Though not sure if it'll stay in the update.
>>
>>51318313
She's Gotta Be A Lesbian from Dodgeball makes it so people you aren't interested in romantically or sexually will be fine having a platonic relationship with you instead.
>>
How is Paragon worth 800 CP in LoL? Just doesn't seem to stack up against the other 800s. Are humans drastically superhuman there or something?
>>
>>51318685
Motivations in EP are very short and usually fairly vague, with a fair amount of leeway for interpretation. For every person with the same motivation, they all go about it in a different way.

You can't have the same motivation more than once, and they don't stack. EP makes no distinction in how your motivations are prioritized, that's up to how the player plays the character, so I guess fanwank if you want one motivation to be stronger than another.

Motivations won't grant knowledge, so if you had +Continue The Chain as a motivation and then got amnesia'd, it would probably give you the same effect as +Survival - you don't know /what/ your goal is or how to do it, but you can't do it if you're dead.
So if you were in a jump with a victory condition (like 'you can only leave this jump by acquiring a McGuffin'), you wouldn't necessarily be somehow driven to seek out a McGuffin. You'd want to stay alive until you could work it out.

Something like +Research Art, +Altruism, +Survival are suitable motivations for your examples.
>>
>>51318882
Cool, thanks. That's very helpful.
>>
>>51318877
Everybody - except for the peasants - is drastically superhuman.
>>
>>51318834
Unfortunately, >>51318330 said it how it is.

I can't stop craving the hand holding, anon.
>>
File: 819f5920c31e7ee57947258f1b3bfb99.jpg (951KB, 1920x1060px) Image search: [Google]
819f5920c31e7ee57947258f1b3bfb99.jpg
951KB, 1920x1060px
>>51317789
Jump # 180 Katkyou Hitman Reborn
Starting Location: Simon Island
Background: Student (100)

Dying Will Flames:
*Sun
*Lightning
*Rain
*Forest
*Iron
*Mountain

Perks:
*Hit the Books (0)
*I can fix it (150, Discount)
*Hyper Intuition (100)
*Combat Reflexes (100)
*Connections (100)
*Additional Flames (300)
*Of Earth and Sky (300)

Equipment:
*Rebreather (50)

Drawback:
*Bounty (+200)

(I have no idea what’s going on and I tried watching the anime but couldn’t stick it out to point where anything of note happens)

So I wash up on another Island (seriously?) but this time it’s people with guns and weird fire trying to kill me instead of man-made monsters. Strangely enough I can use the weird fire too… cool, now I am just trying to find a boat. Also I am with my class, and a teacher who is trying their best to protect us.

So it turns out this is a mafia hideout, protected by an Illusion… which is great and all except it was near enough to japan to accidently crash in to. *Face Palm*

I am trying not to use out of context powers or use them subtly. Eventually I succeed in BSing the teacher and class in to hiding in what I thought was a safe place.

I was trying to find a boat but during that the gangsters revealed they had found my class and told me to come out of hiding. So going full Jumper BS mode I time stop save my class and teacher, summon some companions to help them get out safely.

I was a little pissed so I also summoned snowflame. Snowflame decided we are taking the island. It’s kind of funny because as he was kicking everyone’s ass they thought the white fire was some new kind of Dying will flame. Also they were frightened by the fist-fulls of Cocaine he was snorting. Which I can’t blame them for.

(To be continued)
>>
This is probably a silly question, but doesn't this kind of count as a /qst/ thread?

t. clueless anon
>>
>>51319008
Long story short Snowflame had fun, unfortunately they refused to leave the island and I refused to kill them. I was able to ransom the safe passage of myself, my friends and my class in exchange for stopping destroying their island and beating up all of their guys. They also offered me a place in their family but I am not really the criminal type.

Then they said I didn’t have to actually do anything just stay on the island and protect it. So I reluctantly agreed. I kind of felt bad for the wide spread devastation I may have caused and found out they had nowhere to go.

This led later to me fighting the main cast until it was revealed someone else was at fault for it. This led to the Vongola trying to barter with the Simon Familglia for my membership… It was awkward.
>>
>>51319012
no.
>>
>>51319012
Not at all.
>>
>>51319012
Nope.
>>
>>51319012
Nope. This is not a quest, this is a CYOA.

Ask that question in CYOA Gen and see how they react.
>>
>>51319016
>>51319023
>>51319035
>>51319039

My mistake. I'll lurk more before asking anything else. Thank you for the quick answers though!
>>
>>51318592
Sounds like a plan. But it's about common systems and afaik dragonblooded magic isn't common, but that's a nice suggestion I need to update my Hero BBS build anyway

>>51318474
West Wing does sound like a jump to go to...might as well.
>>
>>51319012
Not really. It's a CYOA thing that people sometimes post their builds on. No main author, no multiplayer and no thread driven stories.
>>
>>51319042
Thank you for being polite. I wish you well curious anon.
>>
>>51319012
A /qst/ thread is where one GM is managing a shared adventure for a bunch of players. The adventure actually happens 'in the thread'.

This is a thread for many solo GM-players, each running their own adventures, discussing their experiences/builds/new splatbooks without the adventure actually taking place on thread itself. The only thing all the players here share is that we're all using the same rules as its basis.
Much like GMs and players discussing their separate games in the pathfinder or exalted general threads.
>>
>>51319042
No worries, friend! You're welcome to lurk. The most this thread typically spawns is people writing up their time with a jump.

If you've got any further questions and want a quick answer you can always pop in the IRC.
>>
>>51319042
Huh. I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask that question out of genuine curiosity. Well, thanks for being polite, and I guess welcome to /jc/!
>>
Speaking of Hero BBS what's your magic system like in it? I'm still ironing the details for mine.
>>
File: hug! moth cute pink.jpg (84KB, 554x392px) Image search: [Google]
hug! moth cute pink.jpg
84KB, 554x392px
Jump 26: Generic Sugar Bowl

Origin: Local

Drawbacks
+600 CP Sugar Apocalypse
This is really not a problem. I've been fighting evil for quite a while now and traveling along. I'll manage and fix the Dream Stone with my friends at my side! Nothing can stop us! ...Hopefully.

Perks
>We Can Get Along (Free)
>Sharing Is Caring (100 CP)
>Sweetest Widdle Eyes (100 CP)
I'm a cute widdle fluffy mothy! :3
>Sing The Whole Day Through (200 CP)
>Let’s Put Our Hearts Together (400 CP)
Okay this is why I went to the sugar bowl because 1. It's corny as hell and I love corny shit 2. TERRAFORMING PERK YES

Companions
>Friends Forever (300 CP)

Items
>Sweet Berries (50 CP)
>Truth Gem (250 CP)
>Picture Book of Secrets (200 CP)
>>
>>51319152
Fart justu.
>>
>>51319042
Holy shit, an actually polite person!
Where do you hail from, that the sunlight does not scald your flesh?
Jokes aside, cyoas – and Jumpchain in particular – are basically the inverse of a quest.

Most cyoas are simply character builders, where you just purchase options for a loadout.
That's all Jumpchain is, actually. On the surface.
The real fun comes from imagining the adventures they go on. A few people take it further and do some actual writefagging, which is even more awesome.

Ultimately you have complete freedom in deciding what your character does, their personality, motivations, etc.
If you're just getting in to cyoas I'd advise you to check out some of the smaller cyoas made in the CYOA General thread. You could just pop in and ask some people to post a few.
>>
>>51319152
Totemist Quest-style magic. Humans can't cast magic directly on their own, instead they have to create talismans to do it for them. The strongest ones are made using bound spirits. Spirit-bound talismans also have the advantage that you can swap them in and out of different objects relatively easily, recreating your loadout on the fly. Spirits can be bound either forcefully, as is the case with non-sapient spirits and beast spirits obtained through ritual hunts, or through pacts and bargains, as is the case with sapient spirits. Over time, a sorcerer can refine their spirit allies and servants into more powerful beings, strengthening himself by strengthening them. A strong enough spirit can be used to work magic directly through them, without having to place them into a talisman.
>>
>>51319152
My magic system gets stronger the hammier you are when you use it. You don't NEED to say the name or use gestures, but it works even better if you do. The more passionate you are, the stronger your magic is. This can lead to some...interesting, situations if you're not careful. Something like making a dramatic exclamation can cause lightning to appear in the background to provide emphasis, while those with sufficient power can cause a volcano to appear behind them to do so. This serves no real combat purpose, it just looks cool. Also, sex between mages can cause a LOT of property damage.
>>
>>51319153

Aella
>Origin: Cute Critter (50 CP)
>Sweetest Widdle Eyes (Free)
>What I Had To Do (100 CP)
>Bell Collar (50 CP)
She was a cute moth...but a bloodthirsty one. Honestly, I think she liked pretending to be cute so people would overlook her. She was pretty helpful in wrecking people's shit.

SOFE
>Origin: Drop-In (Free)
>What I Had To Do (Free)
I really hope she's not going to defy any scientific morals with this perk.

...She probably will, given that she's a Solar. Yet again, I end up perking myself into a potentially bad situation.
>Let’s Get Down To Business (100 CP)
I want to make her a good teacher, and this is a good place to start.
>We Can Get Along (100 CP)
She was actually the protag, as she was the first one out of all of us to investigate what was going on with the Sugar Apocalypse. SOFE helped fix the dream stone after examining it for a few days. It was surprisingly easy watching her build it.

Makoto
>Origin: Cute Critter (50 CP)
>Sweetest Widdle Eyes (Free)
>Who’s A Good Kitty? (100 CP)
>Sweet Berries (50 CP)
Was, predictably, a squirrel. Kept running around the place and getting into trouble, but she learned many things in this jump. She also matured up.

Queen Stellarina
>Origin: Local (Free)
>We Can Get Along (Free)
>Sorcery (200 CP)

Vash the Stampede
>We Can Get Along (Free)
>Sharing Is Caring (100 CP)
Vash LOVED the Sugar Bowl. Could not stop smiling and playing around with all the cute critters post dream stone fixing.

Lewyn
>We Can Get Along (Free)
>Sorcery (200 CP)
Like Vash, also loved it. Would frequently solve disputes among the locals and was instrumental in helping clear away the storms protecting the dream stone with Holsety.

Jeanne
>We Can Get Along (Free)
>I’ll Be Back! (100 CP)
I gave her this because I want to make her a determined hero and determination is all about persistance.
>>
Okay guys. I need song suggestions, I just had a Eureka moment on my CoCo Stand.

So CoCo Stands are based on hopes, dreams, and the will to obtain them, right? One of this Jumper's driving goals - one barely told to anybody - is that either during his adventure, or when this is all over, he wants to find "The Source". There's a place all of these multiverses and worlds and such originate from, or continue to rise from, and Jumper wants to find it. To study it, and to witness the fully-fledged birth of a universe.

Still working out the Stand power as a result, but right now I have it podged out to it involving the location and "unveiling" of secrets, mysteries, and that which is hidden. I just need a song name to solidify it.
>>
File: grail kun.png (331KB, 372x798px) Image search: [Google]
grail kun.png
331KB, 372x798px
>>51319243
"Grail-Kun! The Dreamstone is broken! What should I do?"

"I have the perfect solution! The STONE BREAKING REVENGE KNIFE!"

"B-But Grail-Kun! This is a setting where knifing people is especially bad!"

"Who cares about that. Get some revenge pronto and use the guy's blood in the ritual to fix the stone. This is the Apocalypse, you fool!"
>>
>>51319245
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsWklwCFOoI
>>
>>51319152
It mainly revolves around the four classical elements, fire/water/wind/earth, alongside light and darkness, ala a typical jRPG magic system. Notably however there are corrupted and purified variants of each of the classical elements wherein they are combined with one the other two, creating alternate effects.
There's also generic magical energy, and the whole system is more or less freeform, so you can prettymuch make whatever spells you want provided they utilize one of those seven territories.
>>
So it's that time again, I am looking for suggestions on Jumps to add to my list of jumps to take. I need 7. Here is a list of Jumps I have already taken http://pastebin.com/MR60FhSt
>>
>>51319305
Les Miserables.
>>
>>51319273
Bad Grail-Kun! Stabbing is not the solution to stabbing!
>>
>>51319305
Splatoon
Ciel Nosurge
>>
>>51319305
Infinite Stratos, since it was posted recently and is on my mind.
>>
>>51319305
Fire Emblem Awakening.
>>
>>51319305
Animorphs.
>>
Can you buy more than one Digital Ally in the Marvel Cinematic Universe jump?
>>
>>51319318
>>51319321
>>51319339
added to the list

>>51319338
sorry I already did that, had a super free choice and decided to do it.
>>
>>51319305
Indiana Jones.
>>
>>51319361
>added to the list
If you want to add something to the list, add Space Station 13 or System Shock, not a complaint to Grail-Kun!
>>
>>51319369
>>51319350
added to the list

>>51319373
woops... heh sorry, still added to the list and reserve spot.
>>
What happens if somebody with soulfire touches a denarian coin? Because I think I remember someone saying you can't have both hellfire and soulfire.
>>
>>51319539
Having a Denarian coin =/= having hellfire.
>>
>>51319562
Well, no. But I was worried the soulfire would get replaced by the drastically less useful hellfire. And I want to drag Lash through the multiverse with me. She's like, my favorite brain parasite.
>>
File: Image00218.png (21KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Image00218.png
21KB, 100x100px
I have......15 companions good lord. I'm not even that far into my chain.

I need to slow the fuck down
>>
>>51319539
>>51319589
Hellfire IS Soulfire as used by the fallen angels trapped inside each of the denarian coins. It's like a corrupted soulfire more suited for destruction and not a lot else, and is like that because the angels in question are not nice. If soulfire is a multitool with all the cool gadgets, hellfire is a hammer that menaces with spikes and is also on fire.
Possessing a coin allows them to let you borrow their hellfire for your own use, which they hope to use to lure you into letting them in, in exchange for more power. And this is tempting for most people, because even if hellfire is the hammer in that situation, it's still a very effective hammer.

Anyway, that's why you can't have hellfire and soulfire at the same time, because they're actually the same thing. Ergo, if you had hellfire, then it's because your soulfire is all corrupted to shit, and you can't exactly use it in its uncorrupted form anymore.
But if you had a coin, you could use them both, because the hellfire in that case is not really yours, it's the angel's.
>>
How would I go about giving Momonga a human form(preferably one that disables the emotion suppression, as well as looking like his old form), and letting him travel between the New World and the Earth he comes from?
>>
>>51319730
Huh. Good to know. Don't intend to carry the coin though. Fuck that noise. I just want to carry Lasciel's shadow in my noggin through my adventures across the multiverse. Maybe give her a physical form when it all ends.
>>
>>51319778
> and letting him travel between the New World and the Earth he comes from?
Honestly? Sorta depends on how thick you think the dimensional barriers are in his dimension, but his Earth would probably be considered part of the jump's dimensional cosmology, so if you have a way to breach dimensions and maybe do a search function, you can probably get there.

Maybe study dimensional travel in Hero BBS, since they're uniquely suited for that kind of thing.
Then use Dark Wisdom from the Overlord jump to convert it into a spell that Ainz can learn and teach it to him, or create some kind of permanent structure that acts as a portal and jam it in Nazarick, maybe with a key that Ainz can keep on him so his NPCs don't go using it without him.

That's a little fanwanky, since Ainz is totally cut off from Earth in the story proper, and there's really no way to know if you can reach it or not, but it's probably the best answer you're going to get.

Not really sure about the returning to human form, though.
>>
File: Twenty good men.png (1MB, 1344x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Twenty good men.png
1MB, 1344x1460px
>>51319625
Not until you have your twenty good companions.
>>
>>51319778
Why would you do that? He has no business in his old world. All that he cared was his guild. He was living in a Dystopia where people regularly die from overwork and education was cut to most people. Also, the world was even more polluted than our own and the corporations completely controlled the world.

Worst case scenario the NPCs convince him to take over the Earth so they can be with their masters. Considering that he can pull Death Knights out of his ass, it's a really bad idea to leave him alone with that.
>>
Does the rwby jump have any waifus?
>>
>>51319871
It's all waifus
>>
>>51319871
...dude, RWBY is pretty much Waifus: The Series.
>>
>>51319859
>really bad idea to leave him alone with that.
It's not any worse an idea than it is to leave him alone with the New World, really.
>>
>>51319859
If the Real World is that shit, then coming back and conquering it might not be such a bad idea. Combine it with that one scenario where we can reunite the guild, we'll take the Old World as well as the New!
>>
>>51319871
Yes, even some of the male characters have waifu qualities. Basically though it's a show about waifus, there is a big plot about things, but it's really about the waifus.
>>
>>51319910
>>51319916
The thing is that the NW can probably fight back much better, but doesn't stand a chance against someone that can mass produce walking city destroyers in a night.

It would probably end in a really bad bloodbath.

The NW as it is now is scared shitless to fight back even once. To our standards, killing thousands in a day is not really that bad.
>>
>>51319984
Aren't the Death Knights supposed to be deadly enough to destroy depopulate countries? And they're only mid-tier. Imagine what else Ainz might have.
>>
>>51319886
>>51319901
>>51319935
That's good to know.
>>
>>51319836
>Ramsay Snow and Aizen
>Ramsay Snow and Madara
Either it ends with infighting or it ends with the world getting destroyed or both. There won't be a throne to sit on by the end either way.
>>
>>51320015
They speak of countries but are usually big-ass city states more than anything.

Of course, if the Death Knight wanted they could destroy a country if they had a clear mental map and attack various cities in rapid succession. Specially because everyone they kill becomes a high-tier (for NW standards) zombie, and everyone killed by these zombies becomes a regular zombie, who can also create more zombies. If a Death Knight breaches your walls (which he can, by sheer strength), your city is more likely doomed by the zombies than the Death Knight doing the actual killing.

And yes, these are mid-tier summons, and one that isn't even focused on the offense. Demiurge's three minions summoned an army of thousands of demons (including some Realm of Heroes level ones) with a skill, that recharged each 24 hours.

There is also 10th tier spell that can do the same.
>>
Jump #250: The Princess Bride
>Three of Cups (Abundance): The conclusion of a matter in plenty and perfection.
>Age: 23
>Location: The Cliffs of Insanity
>Identity: 23
>Drawbacks: No Money In Revenge (+150!), Castaway (+100), Is This A Kissing Story? (+200), Why Won't My Arms Move? (+200)
So I'm always going to be strapped for cash. That's okay, though, it just means I'm going to have to be very careful about who I mooch off of. And careful how I plan my travel, because I'm going to plan to travel from one town to the next, if not from one campsite to the next. And as far as romance? It can solve everything except my limbs flopping around. It's going to be an interesting decade.
>Speed Reading (1450)
A most important perk. And now that I've got this, I'm going to go into the warehouse, activate Hyperbolic Time Chamber mode, and read ALL THE BOOKS because the library is massive. See you in an hour! (Which, since it's running at 7000x speed at this point, will be about nine months of subjective time.)
>Hello (Free, Mercenary)
Be polite.
>My Name Is Inigo Montoya (1350, Mercenary)
Be professional.
>You Killed My Father (1150, Mercenary)
Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
>Prepare To Die (850)
And don't let anything stand in your way.
>Death Cannot Stop True Love (250)
Not even death.
>Mysterious Mask (200)
While I don't intend to use this here, I will most certainly be saving it for later, as it will be helpful when I become a hero.
>Bookcase (100)
This, incidentally, is why I was taking so long in the warehouse. I consolidated the entirety of the library to this single bookcase that can hold an infinite number of books.
>Miracle Max's Medicines (0, Mercenary)
Mmm chocolate coated life energy which regenerates and purifies. I'll be giving this out in certain places like candy.
>>
>>51320218
When I was a child, this was my favorite movie for a large number of reasons. When I got older, it remained such, as well as being something of a guilty pleasure. And the main reason I ever followed the careers of Carey Elwes and Robin Wright, both of whom have made some really interesting movies over the years.

As is often the case, being there changes things immensely. The smell of ocean, the sound of gulls, the woosh of air as I fall from the cliffs of insanity because my arm just went completely limp and the crush of the sea on the rocks.

God damn it.

So, once I manage to drag myself up the cliffs... well, I've got five years until the main event. So I sat and I thought, what should a mercenary do to entertain themselves? And of course, it came to me: mercenary work. But since I've got an ailment, I have to fight by proxy. To all of those around me, it simply looks like I'm accident-prone and I do nothing to dispel the rumors - the neck brace is a necessary anachronism, but a crutch or a sling for my arm are acceptable things.

And so, I spent years building clockwork automata and selling their services to the kingdoms of Gilder and Florin, setting the stage for an inevitable war, ensuring that neither knew the truth of the other getting such automata, and gradually making them more and more advanced. By the time the Man in Black finally entered the stage, they would be indistinguishable from a normal man on the battlefield, though they would have to be cloaked or else look inhuman from anything but a distance. But what better way to fight a war? A one time cost to buy an automaton, as opposed to paying a wage for a soldier, and the machines would be more durable to boot.
>>
>>51320224
I met him, at one point, after he had a battle of wits. I told him and the princess that I'd sworn not to interfere - surely I was not there, and as I was not there, I had never seen them. I wished the both of them a long and prosperous life, both the princess of Florin and the lost prince of Gilder, but made myself scarce; they didn't have time to process my words before they saw the signs of a hunting band on the horizon, looking for the princess. Did you know that Great Man from Civ could just go 'bamf, you're next in line for the throne, and the Dread Pirate Roberts is in truth a Gilderian privateer'? I love that perk.

In truth, I didn't show again on the stage until a year later. Buttercup and Westley were wed and were living happily in obscurity. Inigo Montoya met the man who killed his father, returned the favor, and was living life on the high seas. Fezzig had even found a very large woman and was intending to raise a very large family, both in number and size. The prince's earlier manipulations, and the fact that Gilder had a privateer preying on their sea traffic, made war inevitable though. Prince Humperdinck's death, alleged to be poison delivered by some assassin, made war immediate.

And so, the day came that the armies clashed. And... it was a curious sight. Bystanders flocked and watched as the armies cursed each other in autotune voices, the automatons' gears shining in the sunlight. Bronze and cheap iron swords clashed; wooden arrows flew and embedded in armor. Tirelessly, the automata fought for days, and it became less of a battle and more of a morbid curiosity as it stretched into weeks, the weapons that the automata wielded becoming blunt, running out of arrows and reusing ones that hadn't broken, while everything they used was simply not enough to put them out of commission.

After all, I wanted to make sure everyone got their money's worth.
>>
>>51320229
As things progressed... the king of Florin, without an heir or remaining family thanks to Count Rugen's machinations and murders, proclaimed Buttercup's brief marriage to have placed her next in the line of succession and she was now crown princess. Westley was found by a messenger of Guilder, and told that he was indeed their prince. And just like that, the war was brought to a screeching halt; Inigo- I'm sorry, the Dread Pirate Roberts had earned enough in that year to live in comfort, if not purchase his own island, and much the same for his crew, and became the Retired Pirate Roberts. And both the heirs apparent came to me, where I was sitting on a lounge chair on a hill overlooking the seemingly endless, bloodless conflict.

They looked at me. Looked at the battlefield, where the automata had been reduced to makeshift weaponry, had subsequently BROKEN said makeshift weaponry, and now the battle had been reduced to a game of chess - quite literally a game of chess, with the two sides' generals directing them on a life size chessboard... (How they got that, I had no idea, but it was hilarious to watch. The people were selling admission to watch this whole thing now, and Miracle Max had a souvenir stand going.)

They looked back at me. "We want a refund," said Buttercup and Westley simultaneously.
>>
>>51319778
On The Wings Of A Prayer from Supernatural jump lets you go to any location you are familiar with _or destinations that another person gives you_. So if Ainz told you about a place on his Earth, you could go there. And even take him with you.

As for changing him into a human form... Keys Of Providence from Tsukihime would do it, but might also make him entirely a vanilla mortal human. Got a spare Wish or Miracle laying around?

>>51319859
I could see Ainz wanting to bring at least Touch Me's player to the New World? But unlike Ainz, presumably Touch Me wouldn't get transformed into his Paladin avatar if you brought him across (unless you could figure out and activate whatever mechanism that did it for Ainz and the last lot of Earthlings, or if it was activated anyway).
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (46KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
46KB, 347x346px
>>51320238
Heh. Nice!

Also, gold star for TF Sniper reference.
>>
File: cute ulbert demi.jpg (123KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
cute ulbert demi.jpg
123KB, 600x450px
>>51320341
>I could see Ainz wanting to bring at least Touch Me's player to the New World? But unlike Ainz, presumably Touch Me wouldn't get transformed into his Paladin avatar if you brought him across (unless you could figure out and activate whatever mechanism that did it for Ainz and the last lot of Earthlings, or if it was activated anyway).

Why would he? He wanted to see his friends, but he didn't wanted to force them, and Touch Me was one of the earliest quiters. Touch Me was one of the few people in the guild that actually had a happy life outside of the game.

Ainz looked up to him, but he wasn't his closest friend. On the other hand, Peroroncino or Ulbert would probably jump as soon as they offered to come, and they seemed to be much closer to Ainz.
>>
>>51320341
>Got a spare Wish or Miracle laying around?
I'm more looking for something that'll let him switch forms at will without using Wishes or Miracles every time.
>>
Hey, Could everyone tell me a bit more about their warrior G from super robot wars original jumperations:the moon dwellers? He is a third circle demon now and I'm having trouble Thinking up a motivation for him.
>>
Was there a jump that gave you a Rival that follows you post-jump and accumulates perks?
>>
>>51320696
what
>>
What jumps would allow one to become something like a treant? Because I'm imagining Treebeard in sweatpants and a t-shirt, and that now needs to happen.
>>
>>51321010
yeah I kind of unintentionally merged with him and now I'm using principle of hierarchy from exalted:infernals to split him off from me.
>>51321039
TOME has something for that.
>>
>>51321039
PMD has Trevenant, which also makes you a ghost.

You could try Sudowoodo instead, if you want to be a fake tree.
>>
>>51321039
One of the last Marvel jumps let you be a Groot.
>>
>>51321039
Demons of astlan demons can look like anything generic xianxia has a route to be any fey creature.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 1328x585px
>>51321135
>be a Groot

Wha? Did I miss a MCU update or something?

>>51317056
Eh, depends on the setting. Sometimes, like most slice of life settings, people don't even notice. Sometimes, like in Exalted, we make arrangements to stay in touch.

And in the case of Generic Spaghetti Western, I couldn't resist the classic "rides into the sunset while the town waves goodbye" maneuver. Pity I got the jump's time-space coordinates wrong and ended up riding my horse into the sun before I realised I was a day early.

(I got bored waiting to disappear from reality and dozed off. Drive responsibly, kids)

I had to come back on fire and get the sheriff to convince everyone it was a rehearsal.

It was super embarrassing.

>>51319871
About that-I got an answer to the affirmative ages ago, but just to check-out of all the waifus is it true Yang is objectively the least shit?
>>
>>51321314
>Wha? Did I miss a MCU update or something?
I think Earth's Mightiest Heroes is the one that lets you be a Groot.
>>
alright I don't understand this but I want to
I'm reading the pokemon trainer one. I made my choices. Now do I just write it myself, is that the idea?
>>
Have you ever taken someone away from a setting and occupied their life? I mean, I know that's basically what you can do via backgrounds, but I'm talking about taking the life of an actual mayor character.
>>
>>51321541
You make your choices according to how much cp you have, then you write up or just imagine your adventure.
>>
>>51320457
Get magical polymorph somewhere, take Dark Wisdom in Overlord and translate it into the local magic system, teach Ainz.
Problem solved.
>>
Anything that would let you survive a whole multiverse being blinked out of existence?
>>
>>51322207
Danger sense, interdimensional teleportation, and the Tower of Fate (DC Occult).
>>
>>51322207
Kingdom Hearts has a 600 CP perk that makes you impossible to be erased if someone important enough remembers you. So slap that shit on yourself and at least one companion and the only way to kill you is to /kill/ you.
>>
>>51316975
So has the pizza guy just been standing outside all night?
>>
>>51322344
Yeah. Probably ate the pizza while he was waiting, too.
>>
Do learning rate perks count as experience multipliers in jumps like Disega and Hero bbs?
>>
Are there any good sources of water breathing other than becoming a fish person? Where can a good one be found?
>>
>>51322460
Yes. That's what "experience" usually is, anyway, and Hero BBS particular doesn't actually have it.
>>
>>51322460
Usually according to the last time this question came up.
>>
>>51322484
>>51322480

Thanks famms, now what is the best learning perks in jump that isn't from worm?
>>
>>51322510
Prolly Practical Guide to Evil. There are several.
>>
I'm trying to drive my jumper insane from guilt and despair. What jumps and/or drawbacks do people recommend?
>>
>>51322469
In Elder Scrolls Morroblivion there's a perk, and also a learnable spell for water breathing. Other than that plenty of jumps have a "no need to breathe" type perk
>>
>>51322510
Not technically a perk but if you go to naruto and get shadowclones your learning goes up for each clone.
>>
>>51322469
In Legend of Spyro if you take water as your element.
>>
>>51320888
nichiju deer god
yugioh i think has one
>>
>>51322469
Most magic systems have a water breathing spell.
There's also perks that remove the need to breathe completely, like Unstarveable in Generic Creepypasta.

>>51322510
Tutorial from Sword Art Online is pretty good. And cheap.
>You become a single repetition learner. Further, this enhances the teaching ability of all of your instructors.
>>
>>51322520
>>51322544

Thanks again mangs
>>
>>51322542
>>51322547
>>51322576
Thanks for the help!
>>
There's a perk in Infinite Stratos that prevents atrophy from bodily disuse, but are there any perks that do the opposite (i.e. mitigate general wear and tear from an average jumper lifestyle)?
>>
>>51322576
SAO also has 'like riding a bike' so skill don't ever degrade
>>
>>51322610
Do you mean regeneration?
>>
>>51322627
Uh, maybe? I'm more thinking of things that don't usually regenerate, such as worn cartilage.
>>
>>51322647
Cartilage and the like would likely be covered by most forms of regeneration.
>>
>>51322647
Regeneration perks would still probably cover that. You never hear Wolverine complain about sore joints despite being over 100 years old.
>>
Don't mean to inspire another round of shitposting, but something got said a few threads ago that I feel the urge to ask about.

Puzzle and dragons have a plot?
>>
>>51322610
>>51322647
I'm pretty sure high tier regeneration covers that. But if not, Immortality from Hero BBS prevents your body from degrading at all.
>>
>>51322647
I'm pretty sure that this is covered by every regeneration perk ever. Just go to infamous, it has one as a 100 CP perk.
>>
>>51322662
Old man Logan disproves this, albeit not right away.
>>
>>51322647
Regeneration takes care of everything, even things that normally don't heal naturally like your teeth or cartilage.
The better perks regenerate you from as little as a drop of blood, but even weak regeneration takes care of general wear and tear.
>>
>>51322685
Part of the shtick of Old Man Logan is that his powers are fading. When he was younger his regeneration rebuilt damn near everything on the fly.

Also, I can't remember, but how far into the future is OML supposed to be? Does it ever say?
>>
>>51322697
I'm pretty sure Hawkeye was in the original oml comic, so probably less that 100.
>>
>>51322697
That's Beta level Healing Factor though, isn't it?
Most jumpers go straight for Omega HF, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Even Alpha HF regens limbs in a few seconds, so a bit of wear should be healed before it's even noticable.
>>
File: important happy pearl.png (26KB, 168x110px) Image search: [Google]
important happy pearl.png
26KB, 168x110px
>>51320238
That was a sweet write-up to read
>>
What are some jumps with sci fi prisons? I'm looking to be the badass convict.
>>
>>51322761
Riddick should be what you are looking for
>>
Can someone post the latest IS jump?
>>
>>51322810
>>
>>51322817
Thanks famalam
>>
Do we know the progress on the Clustertruck gauntlet? It was looking hype.
>>
>>51323126
All it needs left are drawbacks, rewards, and the credits page.

Unfortunately, it's gonna take awhile to get those to my artist as I am currently projectile-vomiting solid chunks of mucus out of my face-holes.
>>
Are there any perks like Unified Focus that unify physical and magical strength? It seems decent enough, but I'd rather not be reduced to less than bodymod levels of physicality if I get caught in an anti-magic field.
>>
>>51323248
Toggle is your friend.
>>
>>51323248
>'d rather not be reduced to less than bodymod levels of physicality if I get caught in an anti-magic field.
Drain No from Young Justice.
>>
>>51322207
>House of Mystery
>Dimension Lord while inside the Dimension (as long as they're not attacking the dimension)
>Some Digimons in Cyber Sleuth
>Twerk with the Flask Plan/X-Genes hard enough
>Light hawk wings could let you do it
>Strong enough epic magic/super science to remove yourself from causality and space-time
>>
>>51322647
Immortal from Young Justice protects from chronic ailments.
>>
>>51323248
Anti-Magic fields don't weaken your magic powers, they just stop magic from functioning within.
Or in RPG-speak they're not a debuff, so your magic doesn't actually get any weaker within. You just can't use it.

For everything else there's >>51323258
>>
Would the Adams Family movies/ setting make a good jump?
>>
>>51323256
>>51323258
>>51323299
Okay, thanks anons.

>>51323299
Alright, well "Dispel Magic" would be more accurate, probably.
>>
Are there any perks that prevent you from being cloned? I'm jumping Teen Titans soon and I'd rather avoid the mirror match Trigon makes.
>>
>>51323274
Could House of Mystery be imported into Dimension Lord?
>>
>>51319625
That desert planet must have made you more thirsty than you had realized.
>>
>>51323342
One in Xena/Hercules and another in Young Justice.
>>
>>51323126
>caring about Gauntlets
>implying

Trash.
>>
>>51323360
>not caring about content
Look who's talking.
>>
>>51323376
Gauntlets are trash, right there with end-jumps.

Either make a regular jump or don't make it at all.
>>
>>51323333
It's merely semantics at this point, but all "Dispel Magic" spells I know of simply dispel spells, not the magic inherent to yourself. So they wouldn't affect Unified Focus.
>>
File: 1485014936098.jpg (254KB, 1840x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1485014936098.jpg
254KB, 1840x1034px
@JusticeAnon

Your waifu got backstory today!

Surprise! It's tragic.
>>
>>51323392
So then why didn't you show us how to make one? Oh wait, it's because you'd rather piss and moan about people working for free and needing to cater to your whims alone.
>>
>>51323392
I disagree. I'm usually ambivalent towards Gauntlets, but after reading your discouraging comment, I am looking forward to the Gauntlet so that I can make a build for it and post it in thread.
>>
>>51323418
>loaf of bread
What is this? Lez Miserables?
>>
What are upper tier Keyblade wielders like? Because I'm going into Kingdom Hearts as a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. Am I going to get the everliving shit beaten out of me by Mickey Mouse wielding a giant key?
>>
File: 1485015648765.jpg (319KB, 1838x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1485015648765.jpg
319KB, 1838x1033px
>>51323418
Also lewds.
>>
>>51323418
That bread looks like a dick.
>>
>>51323392
It sounds like you've got some really great ideas, anon. I look forward to seeing the jumps you create.
>>
>>51323348
Better yet.
>Import your Inner World as Dimension Lord
>Insert the Tower of Fate in your Inner World
>Put the House of Mystery inside of the Tower of Fate
>Play videogames
>>
>>51323342
Just clone Trigon and your clone.

Then sit back an watch the mirror matches. Preferably with snacks, like some popcorn.
>>
>>51323456
You probably should expect to get smacked around by Mickey Mouse for a bit, yeah. Although he's got bigger things to worry about like Org XIII who are pretty damn strong, so unless you start being a bigger threat than them don't worry about him
>>
>>51323456
Upper tier wielders are pretty bullshit. Not cosmic level bullshit, but still nothing to trifle with.
So unless you've got some decent high-power jumps under your belt?
>Am I going to get the everliving shit beaten out of me by Mickey Mouse wielding a giant key?
Probably.
>>
>>51323456
Like mid-series Shounen? They can casually cut through skyscrapers and some of them can stop time or telekinetically throw thousands of Keyblade at people.
>>
>>51323617
>>51323641
What. That's not reflected in the jump at all, honestly. After reading that I thought they were just glorified swords with some neat abilities, that could also unlock stuff.
>>
>>51323356
Thanks.
>>
>>51323673
It's literally Final Fantasy with Disney Characters, man. I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>51323673
It has Final Fantasy characters in it, it's made by SE, and multiple abilities in the jumps deal with manipulating concepts. How did you not figure it out?
>>
>>51323673
Hah!

Look up the Sephiroth fight. Either of 'em.
>>
>>51323827
>Sephiroth fight
>not the Xenmas fight
He literally throws skyscrapers at them.
>>
File: 1485023044839.webm (781KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485023044839.webm
781KB, 800x500px
>>51323474
>>51323418
Speaking of which, Abyssal users have another boss level Grimm to summon.
>>
>>51323894
Canon keeps getting closer to TGWP. It's weird.
>>
>>51323918
It's not a Horseman of the Apocolypse. It's a Nuckelavee.

Please don't reference that shit fic.
>>
>>51323856
And fights them while using a giant mech dragon.
>>
>>51323918
>>51323931
Got to agree. Anything from SB is inherently shit.
>>
>>51323971
That's also a castle.
>>
>>51324000
Why?
>>
File: 1484948674053.png (272KB, 1100x699px) Image search: [Google]
1484948674053.png
272KB, 1100x699px
>>51323931
>>
>>51323918
>>51323931
What's TGWP? What's wrong with it?
>>
>>51324016
something something 4chan-sb /jc/ rivalry something must hate something something.
>>
>>51324030
The Games We Play. It's a Gamer/RWBY fic which reads like someone's bad Jumpchain story.
>>
>>51324055
Wasn't it a quest? Because then you have the full weight of SB's autism to blame for that too.
>>
>>51324039
All the Jumpchain communities are filled with manchildren. The inter community xenophobia is basically because they think the other sides have cooties.
>>
>>51324097
Nope, just plain old fanfiction
>>
>>51324102
No, it's because SB is full of power-wankers, shitty content, and unsolicited opinions on jump-making. Or so I heard.
>>
>>51324020
Oh fuck off.

>>51324030
A RWBY Fic that's as non-RWBY as possible while still semi-recognizable as the same setting. Also massive power-scale.

>>51324097
No, it was written by a single guy, who usually does much better work. Almost every RWBY story on SB is better.
>>
File: SR-npc-Sheogorath.jpg (201KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Sheogorath.jpg
201KB, 899x899px
In The Elder Scrolls, if we go with the Champion of Cyrodiil prophecy, could we retain the powers of Sheogorath? In the game when you are crowned as the new one isn't technically mantling, right?
>>
>>51324142
Eh. I didn't think it was much worse than his other fics. I just don't like his writing style. Too dry and bland for my taste.
>>
>>51324151
Maybe, maybe not. Mantling is a specific process in TES, though there's no guarantee that the power gained would function post-jump.
>>
>>51324151
i would say no since the questline in essence IS you starting the process of mantling(even if sheo never gets around to explaining that to the player)
So yeah might want to not do shivering isles
>>
>>51324117
Haha, right. That must be why all those jumpmakers are jumping ship from this shithole.
>>
>>51324142
>Almost every RWBY story on SB is better.
Well, that's one bold exaggeration.
>>
>>51324228
I remember it being a really weird case where the MC was actually Sheogorath all along and thus was mantling himself. Which doesn't makes much sense.
>>
Question: What would happen if you used Merging+Aspect Manifestation on a summon?
>>
>>51324288
You vanish whenever your summons would run out.
>>
>>51324288
Probably nothing out of the usual?
>>
>>51324288
It works as described in the perk descriptions. Why would it do anything else?
>>
>>51324288
I dunno, anon. What would happen if you learned something from or trained with your summon? I suppose it depends on the exact mechanics, but you're making it part of yourself, so you should retain whatever you acquired.
>>
>>51324277
thats... not really what happened? WHere did you hear that?

Admitingly it has been a few years but I am reasonably sure that this is wrong
>>
>>51324142
Firstly, there is no such thing as a good RWBY fanfic.

Although I could stand to be proven wrong if there's a good one you are aware of and can share.

Also Games We Play, I'd say it is more of a The Gamer fanfic than a RWBY, even though it is set in that setting. It is literally the only fanfic that uses The Gamer's Gamer mechanics in a good, semi-unique and interesting way.

Good story, lots of symbolism (which I like but others may not), but on the other hand it can be real slog to go through. I enjoyed reading it once, but faultered half-way through re-reading it.

And yes, massive power-scale. Lobbing nuclear lances, power-scale.
>>
>>51324389
>Good RWBY fanfics
Check out anything by Coeur Al'Aran. They do lots of them, good quality and update fast on them all.
>>
>>51324413
Thank You.
>>
>>51319778
The ultimate disguise from Unholy Heights could get him a human form.
>>
>>51324020
It's adorable how you keep trying to undermine that pic. Look, you lost over the holidays. You had to resort to banning people because they were speaking against you. Interestingly enough, you chose to do that when the other mods weren't around.

Regardless, you're a piece of shit, which isn't new, but you're a piece of shit who is of dwindling importance. You've played your hand too hard and too often and now people know what you're about.

Find a new hobby.
>>
>>51324468
Fire Emblem: Elibe has something similar.
>>
File: Best RWBY Girl.jpg (135KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Best RWBY Girl.jpg
135KB, 1024x576px
>>51319245
So you want to find Actual Akasha, not Typemoon Akasha? That's pretty cool dude.

>>51319871
Nora Is Best Girl.

>>51320376
Ehhh, Ainz looked up to Touch Me almost like a Sempai, and actively wants to be like Touch Me. He might not have been Ainz's closest friend, but he was his idol practically.

>>51323342
You could go to Hell with Robin, to avoid the mirror match.

>>51323418
>It's tragic
No. I never would have guessed that someone in RWBY had a tragic backstory. This is an unprecedented event.

No, but seriously, thanks for telling me. I'll check out the episode later.

>>51323474
BOOOOOOOOO!

>>51323894
Is dat a Horseman!? Is dat Death!?
MOAR DEATHS FOR MY COLLECTION!

>>51323918
God that fic. I kinda sorta liked it, despite the many flaws, but it REALLY suffered from its' "Update every single day" format.

>>51323931
>Not another Death for my collection
Sadness. Still cool though, since I did grab Abyssal.

>>51324030
It's a fanfic that started as "What if Jaune's semblance was The Gamer power?" and ended as "Kabbalah and Buddhism funtime hour". It was fucking weird.

>>51324142
The worst part is as I already commented, due to the "update every day format". He often didn't have much idea of what to write that day, so the entire chapter was spent navel gazing on past events. It happened ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>51321314
…You could probably be a not!Groot in the Marvel comics jump.
Just take that one drawback and the associated powers.
>>
>>51324496
No offense, anon, but you really seem like you're jumping at shadows here.
>>
>>51322690
Your teeth actually do heal, it's from calcium content in your saliva. Fixes up minor cracks and abrasions.
>>
>>51324496
>trying to undermine that pic.
Again anon, I'm not the shitposter. It seems like you're ascribing a lot more meaning to that pic than is really there.
>>
How much magnetite should I buy as an SMT demon?
>>
>>51324385
I read that as a speculation some time ago, based on a few things:

>The concept of Jyggalag as an all-seeing Daedric Prince representing order (the opposite that all the Daedra stand for) made very little sense. Or him being somehow defeated since he was supposedly all-seeing and all-kwowing and could bitch-slap all the other gods if he wanted.
>Jyggalag is missing on Skyrim, and the Champion of Cyrodiil become Sheogorath
>There was a book in the isles that talked about gods waking up as mortals
>>
>>51324781
>order (the opposite that all the Daedra stand for)
Lolwut? The Daedra do not represent pure chaos, that's silly.
>>
>>51317308
But Merlin is the spawn of an incubus which is the source of his power and why he can't get laid, his balls empty and he loses his magic juice.

He's probably got a pretty good dick from that heritage.
>>
File: 1445715459417.jpg (604KB, 935x685px) Image search: [Google]
1445715459417.jpg
604KB, 935x685px
>>51324564
>Ehhh, Ainz looked up to Touch Me almost like a Sempai, and actively wants to be like Touch Me. He might not have been Ainz's closest friend, but he was his idol practically.

Going to have to call that fanon. That people take a single line of Ainz remembering Touch Me saving him before he quit the game doesn't means that he adored the guy that much or he wants to be like him. Yes, he admired his leadership and was thankful of being saved and given a chance to play the game, but that idol thing isn't there.

He wants to be a good overlord so he doesn't disappoints the NPCs. He wants to be a good ruler so if his friends (all of them) ever come to the New World, they don't think bad of Ainz from murdering everyone.

Ainz doesn't specially remember Touch Me more than anyone else in the guild. Ainz only remembers him when Sebas is around, but he also remembers his other guildies when their NPCs are around.
>>
>>51324781
Jyggalag isnt really allknowing as such. Also he was around in lore before shivering isles.
in essence he represents logical deduction which is why he hates madness so much
>>
>>51324840
The Daedra represent change, Jyggalag was stagnation.
>>
>>51324920
No. Change is in Sheogorath and Dagon's camps. The Daedra represent all sorts of different things, and often very much hate one another's guts.
The problem is that Jyggalag was a cunt and was trying to conquer the other Daedra actively.
>>
>>51324877
>supernaturally great dick
>can't get laid because incuballs fuel your magic
Holy shit, why didn't he go on a rampage and just thrash everyone. Being that pent up would be horrible
>>
>>51324958
Now you understand why wizards have no sense of right and wrong
>>
>>51324955
C'mon, the whole Aedra create and maintain, and the Daedra can't create but can change is their whole basis.
>>
>>51324920
No, the Daedra are the spirits (gods) who decided not to participate in the creation of Mundus.

The Daedra themselves represent numerous things. The issue that the other Daedra had with Jyggalag, as has been mentioned, is that he was essentially a warlord trying to conquer Oblivion by exerting his influence beyond his borders. So they all gangraped him and cursed him to become Sheogorath.
>>
>>51325007
No. The whole basis is "The Aedra got tricked by Lorkan into making Mundus and got fucked by that decision, the Daedra didn't fall for his trick"
>>
File: wizards.jpg (137KB, 791x694px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.jpg
137KB, 791x694px
>>51324985
Actually, true Wizards don't get physically pent up. They have other releases.
>>
>>51325058
That's hillarious. ... I... I could see myself doing that, in the wizard's shoes.
>>
>>51324277
The Champion of Cyrodil becomes Sheogorath. He wasn't mantling himself because he wasn't Sheogorath before becoming Sheogorath, he only took the mantle up after you complete the Shimmering Isles DLC.
>>
Got a funny question for yall.

What are some good perks for convincingly throwing a fight while staying alive? Particularly against people much weaker than you?
>>
>>51325352
Birthday Candle Trick form Black Dynamite.
>>
>>51325352
Shapeshifting (especially OSMM), precognition, intelligence, etc.
>>
>>51325352
the roleplay perk from SOA should help immensely
>>
>>51324920
The fact that the majority of Daedra are Padomay-aligned doesn't mean that they HAVE to be. That's not the criteria that makes you a Daedra. Nor does it mean that those who ARE represent change as a concept, just that they're more chaotic instead of lawful. Look at Meridia for another very lawful Daedra.

The et'ada that represents change and chaos most directly is fucking Lorkhan, and guess what? He's an Aedra.
>>
>>51325352
Telepathy, illusions, etc. There are lots of ways.
>>
>>51325352
Hm. Do people need to know you survived the fight?

Because otherwise Play Dead from Nintendogs (and then He's Dead Right? from Star Wars: OT) would help.

It's how my jumper deals with almost all of life's problems.
>>
What are stunts in Exalted? Apparently they're one of the better ways to regain Essence?
>>
>>51325352
Probably some acting skills from the hollywood jump.
>>
>>51325495
doing things in an overthetop awesome manner
You get rewarded for "cool" RPing in essence
>>
File: Orabilis.jpg (153KB, 582x800px) Image search: [Google]
Orabilis.jpg
153KB, 582x800px
>>51325495
If you (as the player, not the Exalt themselves. Though I'd guess a Fae narrating all their actions would fit) describe your action in an evocative/awesome way, you get bonus dice on your roll, as well as a few motes back.

If the action succeeds, you get twice the stunt's rating in motes of essence back. Which would be 2motes, 4motes, or 6motes depending on how good it was.

Basically, do awesome stuff (and succeed), get essence.
>>
>>51325352
This >>51325471 desu. You seen MCU? You knows that dude's alive because you never know it's him.
>>
>>51325058
Plus if she's the kind of girl to leave you over money, she's not really the type you'd want to build a life with.
>>
>>51325549
>>51325583
So, from an in-character perspective, you would regain motes from being "stylish" in the DMC sense?
>>
Wait do we have an Infinite Stratos jump? The comment here >>51317193 suggest we do but I can't find it.
>>
>>51325669
ctrl+f is your friend bucko. >>51322817
>>
>>51325669
We got it yesterday.
>>
>>51325661
I cant actually remember what the in universe explanation is. Might want to ask Mardukth when he's around
>>
File: kMfAHTx.gif (7MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
kMfAHTx.gif
7MB, 400x225px
>>51325549
>>51325583
Are there any stipulations on what the action itself has to be? Like, could you just be over-the-top in daily living and gain Essence?
>>
>>51324151
How I always looked at it is while you can go there and "become" Sheogorath at the end of everything all you get are some cool items and one or two nice abilities. The actual process takes place after you get your spark or might actually be you getting your spark
>>
File: infinite regrets.png (101KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
infinite regrets.png
101KB, 650x350px
>tfw you want to make a jump but the thing you want to make a jump about doesn't have enough chapters to go on yet
Damn you Only Sense Online.
>>
>>51325661
Essentially. It doesn't have to be some flashy thing, though, it just has to be cool. Like, stunting a research roll by backflipping all over the library would be silly. But narrating how you use your understanding of the librarian's personality to figure out their sorting system and guide yourself to exactly the book you need would be stuntworthy. It's about panache and style, not just CUH-RAY-ZEE.

>>51325766
Well, you can only stunt actual rolls, and you're not going to be rolling for every little thing you do. If failure doesn't matter, there's no roll, so no stunt. So you're never going to stunt just walking down the street, no matter how cool you look doing it. Now, if you need to get to a place in a hurry, or if you're using your awesome walking abilities to impress someone, or something of that sort, then it would count.
>>
File: the_mad_sun_of_malfeas_by_kiyo.jpg (246KB, 670x1072px) Image search: [Google]
the_mad_sun_of_malfeas_by_kiyo.jpg
246KB, 670x1072px
>>51325661
Basically, yes.

Here's the three stunts used as examples of the three ratings:

>Anoria snaps her razor-fan open with a soft click across the guard's throat. She then watches over its bloody edge as he collapses in a gurgling heap at her feet.

>Anoria watches the two guards charging her from each side, intending to pin her between them. At the last moment, she crouches and flips back against the wall. In the instant she stands horizontal, her fans flash out, catching both men in the face. She then falls through the double arterial spray, landing catlike as her two attackers crash blindly into one another.

>The demon swings his burning fist at Anoria, and she leaps straight up in a somersault, balancing in a tentative handstand on his massive hand. Her feet connect with the chandelier above, tilting it to pour oil on top of the spirit's head. As she hoped, the glittering drops burst alight as they land on the creature's superheated flesh. The flames do not hurt him, but distract him long enough for her to release a hand and grab a fan from her belt. Still balanced on the monster's swinging arm, Anoria shoves her folded razor into the demon's mouth, twisting it up through his brain.

>>51325748
I'm not actually sure if there is an in-universe explanation at all...?

There's the "Pattern spiders like awesome things" bit, but I'm pretty sure that's a community joke. Also impossible, since Outside Fate stuff still gets stunts.

Also hi.

>>51325766
Not really, besides that's it actually has to be a roll. So yeah, like >>51325861 says, failure needs to matter. (Though you still stunt if it's impossible to fail, like when you're stunt a perfect defense)

Though to be a 2-dot rated stunt, it has to interact with the enviroment.

To be a three-dot stunt, it has to be pretty jaw-dropping.
>>
Are there any perks similar to realm of myth?
>>
>>51325991
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51150797/#51152119
>>
>>51325943
>There's the "Pattern spiders like awesome things" bit, but I'm pretty sure that's a community joke. Also impossible, since Outside Fate stuff still gets stunts.
My fanon is that it's the Shinma. They're completely passive non-things who exist only to define the rest of reality by how unlike them it is. So distinctive actions make you less like the perfectly generic entities that are the Shinma, and therefore their power of definition reinforces you. Is there anything to support this theory? Not really, maybe a few Raksha charms at best, but it's still a fun idea.
>>
>>51325861
>>51325943
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>51326021
>tfw that was one of the posts that got Red banned.
>>
>>51325991
Uh, Suplex a Train from FFVI? The Greek Mythology jump is going to have something like that, at least for the esoteric strength parts like "wrestling rivers".
>>
>>51326060
Shouldn't that ban be up by now? When do you think she'll be back? That MCU part 2 was looking pretty good. . .
>>
>>51326077
I don't want to wrestle rivers, I want to fuck the moon.
>>
>>51326086
Eh, it was looking okay. She's probably taking an extended break, though.
>>
>>51326093
Ah, it'll have something for that, too.
>>
>>51326021 is there a list of lists like this?

I know someone posted a speed compilation and I thought how useful it would be if those could be centralized somewhere
>>
>>51326093
Maybe convince someone to make a DMC jump. That way you can rape the Roppongi hills, which will then give birth to the Tokyo tower. Or have the moon give birth to a comet or something.
>>
>>51326133
Actually, Dante said he was doing it. I think he was serious, too.
>>
>>51326030
Hm. That does make some sense, yes.
>>
Ok here is the reformatted version of the alterworld (D Rus) jump. I still need to do a typo and edit it, hope you guys like it!
>>
File: IMG_3283.jpg (106KB, 873x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3283.jpg
106KB, 873x609px
have you ever done something very, very spiteful and petty in response to something?
>>
>>51326192
Wut. . . this was a thing? Hooray!

This is one of my favorite book series!
>>
>>51326217
I hope I did ok, I have been way behind on getting it out to the thread. Sorry about that.
>>
>>51326133
...DMwhat?
>>
>>51326086
We can always have someone else do those jumps.
>>
>>51326247
From context, I think he means Detroit Metal City, an absolutely hilarious manga about a guy who just wants to be a hipster singer-songwriter but through various mishaps winds up in the position of Lord Johannes Krauser II, the most hardcore motherfucker to ever front a death metal band. It's great. There's actually a live-action movie of it, if you can find it I recommend watching it, it's a really good adaptation and gets you through the first couple of volumes in abridged format, culminating in Krauser's rock-off against American rock star Jack Ill Dark and his BUFFALO OF HEAVY METAL.
>>
>>51326307
Yeah I bet you'd like that. Would give your hateboner a nice bit of extra stiffness to have succeeded again, huh?
>>
>>51326234
It is great to see someone making a jump of it!

But one issue to start is your description of Astral Mana Dispersal, it is wrong. The spell does not absorb mana from the user, it siphons away mana from the target at a rate that doubles every second (at a cost to the user which remains constant).

The absorption you might be thinking of is the fact that at with higher proficiency the user gets a portion of the mana siphoned from the target (making the spell self sustaining after a certain point).

Still reading
>>
>>51326370
Pardon? I'm just saying, we've had other people pick up claims before if there's been a long period of time gone. I'm not saying someone should do it right now, settle down.
>>
>>51326388
Not the asshole you're responding to, but that's just the thing. Red gave up BC and MCU2 for a few months and NOBODY picked them up. Whatsoever.
>>
>>51326192
>Limits are more like guidelines
This really seems more like it should be the 600 here.
>>
>>51326192
Oh, hey, Aion question if you don't mind. How much of the remains do you need to have for Miracle to work? Would a severed arm be sufficient?
>>
>>51326373
Oh you also reminded me that I needed to alter the wording, I have first 1 second then 5.

Let me fix that, this version is made to take mana from the user but it also would work on nonmana shields, does that sound ok? Or would you rather see it alterred somehow? I want to make it similar to the books while being applicable to jumpchain ad possible.
>>
>>51326416
Really? You think for all the hype people give 40k that BC would have had someone take a crack at it. What is it with people wanting something but not wanting to do anything about it?
>>
>>51326420
Its basically softcap with more work. I thought those generally went for around 400?

>>51326421
An arm would be fine.
>>
>>51326445
Because this thread is full of entitled assholes who think jumps just magically appear.
>>
>>51326431
The spell doesn't really need to be changed from canon (which can target anything not just shields, assuming it has magic power to siphon), having it work on non magic stuff wouldn't make much sense considering how it works.
>>
>>51326445
Well, people wanted Red to come back and do it. We know she's working on MCU part 2 (despite being banned by Timmy), so that did happen.
>>
>>51326453
It's just softcap, far as I'm aware they're usually 600, but that's not what I was referring to. I meant it's better then your 600cp perk in that origin.
>>
>>51326192
Do you get to keep powers from the game outside of it? Because if you can you may want to replace some of the Perma perks, some of them are things that they can do by default.
>>
>>51326453
>Softcap - Elona - 600 CP
>Folded One-Thousand Times - Obsidian Tower Trilogy - 600 CP
>>
>>51326489
Reported by Timmy, while he was most likely involved the one who banned her was a clueless mod not Shitpost kun.
>>
>>51326527
>clueless mod

You know. You say "clueless mod," but the bans have occurred in the past before the recent week-long ban.
>>
>>51326192
So, I'm gathering that dying here normally doesn't end your chain (going by the last two drawbacks)? Might be good to note that somewhere?

>Lolths Curse
Huh, so I was reading this, going all 'this sounds kinda evil', and then I got to this part:
>he enjoys torturing his faithful followers by keeping them alove as long as possible while being dismembered muscle by muscle.
So I guess I'm just going for it.

What's the gods deal here?
>>
>>51326522
Ok ok I was wrong, this one is still going to be 400. For instance in the books a person is stuck in a time warp for a long time (mc was gone a few days when the time inside is years to 1 day out iirc? Need to pull it up on my kindle again.) And he only went from normal human to punching with jackhammer strength.
So its not easy.

>>51326473
Let me redo it a bit,

>>51326504
Unless you take your avatar into the real world no, doing that it seemed like they only had the class skills when they got to the real world, again let me fact check just to be sure.
>>
>>51326573
Will note it, yeah the gods of light here got summoned by the gamers according to who gave the best buffs while the dark gods were summoned to help the permas and npcs (basically)
>>
How would an Infinite Stratos compare to one of the Asura Machina from Asura Cryin?
>>
>>51326596
Keep in mind that the game world becomes a real world (literally), if you are a perma you are your avatar and the game mechanics are semi fluid laws of physics (the re spawning should be restricted post jump though for obvious reasons).
>>
>>51326596
Then ifit's that bad, you need to make it a lot clearer, because it reads as just being soft cap right now.
>>
Right, so, more new information for RWBY: The Great War was Mistral and Mantle vs Vale and Vacuo, and the 'color nazis' were doing it because they believed that getting rid of color and emotion would prevent the Grimm attacks. They tried to force this on the other nations, with Mistral agreeing to have the settlements follow this while their capital didn't, and Vale and Vacuo ignoring it. Eventually, a fight started between Vale and Mistral over settlements, and the war began. While Mistral and Mantle tried to gang up on Vale, they tried to threaten Vacuo into at first staying out of the war and then later on helping them. Vacuo got pissed by this and joined Vale. The Grimm went on a rampage, and lot of towns were lost both to the war and the Grimm. Eventually, Mantle and Mistral launched a final assault on Vacuo to try and take their dust mines, only for the King of Vale to show up and curb stomp them. It seems he possessed the relic(s), which gave him his power, and it's also hinted that he's either Ozpin or Ozpin's predecessor.

Also, Ren's Semblance has been revealed, and it allows him to hide from the Grimm by getting rid of his colors and emotions. This thing >>51323894 destroyed Ren and Nora's village, and it's intelligent and sadistic enough to take trophies. The most recent episode ends with it attacking the two of them after they stumble upon its' home and trophies.
>>
>>51326683
>they believed that getting rid of color and emotion would prevent the Grimm attacks
Wow, what niggers.

>he's either Ozpin or Ozpin's predecessor.
FUCKING.
OZPIN
>>
>>51326683
Also, forgot to mention this, the other nations were all ready to bow to the King of Vale after that last battle, but he refused and instead formed an alliance between the four nations, giving up his throne and forming the Huntsman' Academies, putting his most trusted followers in charge. I believe he became the headmaster of the Vale one. So yeah, Ozpin or his predecessor.

>>51326729
King Ozpin was never an image I had before this new WOR.
>>
>>51326192
Not a fan of the format, mate.
>>
>>51326641
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Infinite_Stratos

>>51326784
Long live the coffee king.
>>
>>51326473
How does this look to you?

Astral Mana Dispersal- 600(discount perma)
This spell absorbs the mana or power of the target barrier. The amount of mana or energy taken from the target doubles with every five seconds. While the initial cost is small, even miniscule, the cost steadily grows in cost doubling in price and power for every five seconds it is being cast. The effect of this spell is that it destroys magical barriers and shields, the more powerful the barrier the more mana and time it will take for you to bring it down as well as the more stress it will place upon the casters body.

It follows the books this way even more closely I feel.

>>51326802
Any suggestions as to what would work better? I am doing this on cellphone and thats the way it comes out on the pdf save function.
>>
>>51326192
>Life Hunter
This is a basic aspect of a class, are you charging 400 CP to be able to use the Necromancer class?

>Telepathic Message
While Don't need no map could be called a buff on the natural abilities of a perma this one is an in game ability everyone has.

>Divine Fire
Is only truly useful in setting and isn't something that should need to be bought, since permas can pretty much all do it.

>Golem Master
Why is this an origin? A crafting specialty seems more like a perk than an entire origin.
>>
>>51326836
>of the target barrier.
It can be used on things other than barriers, it can be used on anything with mana in it. I also do not remember the cost getting higher the longer it is cast, that would make the spell useless.
>>
>>51326835
I'd rather not read an entire wiki page, I'm just curious if an Asura Mechina would be on par, below or better than an IS.
>>
>>51326836
>These are different from the common beacon stones in that these can actually be used
outside of alterworld to create a beacon outside of the game.

You do realize that the game world and everything it it become real right? As in the normal stones would definitely work outside of the game world if you managed to bring them out?
>>
>>51326842
To be perfectly honest I forgot my original reason for making it a specific perk, I need to look at my notes.

Golem master is a background because other than taking it as a background the only way to get access to the skills is to basically sell yourself into slavery.

Trying to answer just also trying to find a phone charger and type edits too.

>>51326893
The spell worked by doubling the amount it drained until it drained all the targets power. The cost it took was taken from the target.
>>
>>51326192
No fortress/castle option?
>>
>>51326987
>The cost it took was taken from the target.
The cost comes from the user, the cost of the spell is seperate from it's effect of siphoning off mana from the target. The MC needed lots of supplemental mana to use the spell at first and even when he started to get mana from it he still needed external fuel sources until it becomes self sustaining.
>>
>>51326992
Its not 100% done yet. A castle option can still be added, was thinking of a 400 normal castle and a 600 megafortress (maybe 800)
>>
>>51326836
How about you fuck off and take your shit with you back to spacebattles?
>>
>>51327061
Oi, fuck off. This is an awesome setting and even if it needs work the jump could be pretty good.
>>
File: 863.jpg (256KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
863.jpg
256KB, 850x1133px
>>51327061
Wow, r00d.
>>
>>51327061
Sorry you feel like that.

>>51327036
Im trying to remember when he used it on things other than shields, which book was it?
>>
File: 1416127012055.png (23KB, 598x497px) Image search: [Google]
1416127012055.png
23KB, 598x497px
>>51323894
>At least one just slightly re-edited pallate swap of the same person
>Expressionless faces

I know its an amateur studio and these are just extras in 3 seconds but

Also
>Color Nazis
is a thing I expect more from Dragon Quest and happy slime times than this
>>
>>51327173
I think they were more focused on making the Grimm in the background.
>>
>>51327173
Where do you think the cultural thing about naming your kid something related to a color came from?
>>
>>51327127
>which book was it?
You know I'm not sure, I have several of the e books yet when I run a search on the name of the spell none of the times it is used seem to come up, not even when it is used on a barrier.

Found the description though and it says nothing about only being usable on barriers.

>Every five seconds, the spell absorbs target's mana. The amount of absorbed mana doubles with every tick. The first tick absorbs 1 mana pt., the second, 2, the third, 4, etc.
>>
Where can I find perks for destroying people's sanity? I know Soul Eater, Creepypasta, and Lovecraft have them, but what other jumps?
>>
>>51327173
I have never understood this level of caring about background characters who are on screen for less than 5 seconds. I don't understand it in games, I don't understand it in animation.
>>
>>51327222
Well I cant argue with trips but still that entire sequence described to be sounds more like a village issue in a Dragon Quest than a multi kingdom fuckfest.

At least its consistent with itself?
>>
>>51327295
SCP and Cthulhu Saves The World.

There's also a few D&D spells that can do it, as well as Exalted with derangement stuff.
>>
>>51327268
Astral Mana Dispersal- 600(discount perma)
This spell absorbs the mana or power of the target. The amount of mana or energy taken from the target doubles with every five seconds. While the initial cost is small, even miniscule, the cost steadily grows in cost doubling in price and power for every five seconds it is being cast. The effect of this spell is that it destroys magical barriers l, shields, constructs and other things made from magic, the more powerful the target the more mana and time it will take for you to bring it down as well as the more stress it will place upon the casters body.

Reworded it a bit to just be target oriented,. Does that sound better?

Any items or such you would like to see added?
>>
>>51327222
Wait, cultural what?
>>
>>51327297
Shit's weird when you put it in the foreground rather than masking it through distance perspective or other techniques, no?
>>
>>51327343
To be fair, it wasn't what started the war, it just caused a lot of tension. The war was started by a conflict over land that was safe from the Grimm which is...actually pretty realistic.

>>51327373
Thanks anon.
>>
Is there a Grimm jump?
>>
>>51327380
>While the initial cost is small, even miniscule, the cost steadily grows in cost doubling in price and power for every five seconds it is being cast.
Okay, not him, but this bit /really/ sound like it's doubling the cost the caster pays, not the target.

Might want to go with "drain" instead of cost to make it clearer?

At least, if I interpreted this conversation correctly without knowing anything about this setting. If not, feel free to ignore me.
>>
>>51327295
>>51327373
Dementation in VTMB too.
>>
>>51327433
No, I don't think there is.
>>
>>51327433
As in, the fairy tale collection?
Or the show?
>>
>>51327380
>While the initial cost is small, even miniscule, the cost steadily grows in cost doubling in price and power for every five seconds it is being cast.
The cost is 100 mana per second, it doesn't change. here is the full spell description.

>Congratulations! You've learned the out-of-class spell: Astral Mana Dispersal.
>Cast time: random
>Mana expenditure: 100 points per sec

>Every five seconds, the spell absorbs target's mana. The amount of absorbed mana doubles with every tick. The first tick absorbs 1 mana pt., the second, 2, the third, 4, etc.

>Warning! If you receive damage or run out of mana, the spell will be broken off. This is a High Circle spell: even your Concentration skill won't be able to help you.

>Warning! All High Circle spells have the highest aggro generation. Your chosen opponent will select you as a target.

>Any items or such you would like to see added?
Lots of stuff, adamant weapons would be a good start. The 400 CP perma item is the only weapon on offer and it's not particularly impressive. Only boosting Two stats.

A perk based on the MC's idiotic luck with finding cool shit would also be a good addition.
>>
>>51327490
The show with the wessen and the people called grim who can see them.
>>
>>51327481
Thanks.
>>
>>51327387
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Color_Naming_Rule
>>
>>51327500
Thanks for the suggestions I will add it to my add in notes
>>
>>51327490
>Grimm's fairytales jump
That actually sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>51327387
every char but ozpin and salem is named after a color in some way
>>
>>51327380
More items that are impressive, things you buy with CP should be better than random loot you find in the game. If you're paying CP it should be at least reasonably high end and not become obsolete (either scaling or being powerful enough for high level use from the start).
>>
>>51327573
KOTOR, how loyal is the Origin Spirit? Will it try to screw you over when you're weak?
>>
>>51327573
What happens with a Samurai Jack summon if you kill it yourself?
>>
>>51327686
>Will it try to screw you over when you're weak?
No. Why would it?
>>
>>51327708
Same thing that happens if you banish it normally.
>>
>>51327595
I'm pretty sure "Nora" isn't a color. Not even in Swedish.
>>
Jump # 182 Splatoon
Background: Drop In (0)
Race: Inkling (300)

Perks:
*Pop Idol (0)
*Stay Fresh (100, Discount)
*Soundproof (200, Discount)
*Heavenly Melody (300, Discount)
*Marksquidship (100)

Equipment:
*Splattershot (0)
*Splat Roller (0)

Wut? No really What? So I am a squid ink thing fighting Octopus things with ink guns and getting hurt by other colored Ink or water? Ok well done jump-chan I think you found the weirdest world yet. Anyways while I was till getting my bearings I was recruited by some old fish named captian cuttlefish to go do a bunch of stuff. Getting back electric catfish (which I assume migrated here from the world of pokemon) and fighting a UFO thing.

This place was weird but I actually found it’s history to be quite interesting apparently this was a post apocalyptic, post human world. Humans were barely a memory. So I started to work to revive some of their songs, even opened a human museum displaying artifacts of that forgotten age when man walked the earth.

I also tried to get artificial lands built so the Octopus people wouldn’t have to live underground in kettle things. This did not go as well as hoped turns out the Octopus people are quite industrious and the Inklings are… not. So the Octopus people started to prosper in the new lands more than the Inklings were and it was beginning to look like war was going to break out….

Well if G gundam had taught me anything it’s that watching giant robots beat the hell out of each other from a safe distance it’s really cool. So I suggested instead of war we would have giant robots to settle our disputes. At first they were… skeptical… to put it nicely but once I gave them a live example… they were entranced.

The costs of building the robots were immense but it was kind of offset with the creation of new jobs, new fields of research and a boom in technology. More importantly war was averted.
>>
>>51327571
>Limits are more like Guidelines
I haven't seen anything resembling a level or stat cap in Alterworld and the very concept of this perk goes against the spirit of the setting.

Every perma and several NPCs can bend the system over a table given enough motivation, ingenuity, ignorance, and/or just plain stubbornness.
>>
>>51327712
Because one of its "siblings" was Chaotic Dickish?
>>
>>51327741
Nora Valkyrie - Speculative: Nora is possibly named after the Nora Barlow columbine, a flower with a vibrant pink coloration. On RWBY merchandise, her emblem is often colored pink.
>>
>>51327736
Does Hypnotic Voice require you to sing? How does the Enchanted Weapon determine alignment? Is it based on your morality or the setting you're in (see Gilgamesh as Chaotic Good)? Does it account for mind control or various types of infection?
>>
>>51327770
That's a hell of a stretch and also obscure as fuck.
Doesn't count.
>>
>>51327754
Its a pretty big part of the later books, especially with the guy max locked in the time warp area. The metaphysics start to change a bit, he was stuck fighting a bear for decades, first he couldnt do anything and kept dieing but wvery punch he got a bit stronger without leveling up until he could easily kill the bear. Growing stronger without raising levels, max theorizes that this may be what will happen to the world in the future going buy things that are happening in the past.
>>
>>51327802
Nora is also "light" in Hebrew.
>>
>>51327802 alot of them are like that Yang being evocative of the sun.
OR "Pyrrha" is derived from the Greek adjective pyrrhos (πυρρός), which means "flame-colored".
>>
File: Rwby_naming_rules.png (683KB, 1010x1680px) Image search: [Google]
Rwby_naming_rules.png
683KB, 1010x1680px
Or I could just post the official rule by the creator
>>
What jumps have perks for quickly attracting minions? Like the one from the Redwall jump.
>>
>>51327922
Spice and Wolf.
>>
>>51324413
Agreed. Though he/she does fall into the common trap of using fucking Jaune for everything and making him a centerpoint of every story. If that isn't a problem for anyone, then yeah check him out.
>>
>>51327571
>The Prince of the House of Night
Should be a drawback, I know she becomes less awful but she is fucking scum for quite a while and this makes you a cog in the bitch's plans (which is ludicrously bad).

Five drow warriors once a week < the cause of a capstone drawback but without the backing that let the MC get the deal used limit it to what's described in said drawback.

>>51327813
A you might want to clarify that

B what about that is valuable as a perk when everyone already has uncapped growth and the potential to do what the perk describes.
>>
Drow Tales when
>>
>>51327940 damnit and here I thought I could enjoy something without vomitboy interfering
>>
>>51327985
Never. Go to QQ, lewdfag.
>>
>>51327932
Thanks.
>>
>>51327798
>Does Hypnotic Voice require you to sing?
Yes, but you don't have to be good at it. Adding a musical tone to your voice would also work.

>How does the Enchanted Weapon determine alignment?
Setting/Individual based. An evil aligned weapon would only inflict extra damage against someone who regularly commits actions and has a mindset that would be considered good or pure.

Don't know what it would do to Gilgamesh though since I don't know or care about Fate/Type-Moon. Overall just use your best judgment when trying to decide how it'd affect someone.
>>
>>51326192
>>51327813
So, a few questions I have...

>Divine Fire
Does this help with other jump's definitions of souls? Like, could I give an soulless guy a soul with this, and then have him show up in the Warp in 40k, or start generating essence from prayer in Exalted?

>GamePod°
Can I go inside the game, inside the game, inside the game? Inception style?

>Scalable Soul Stone
Does this have an in-setting use, aside from bartering to angels or demons?

>Broody Hen
What can I do with two baby wraith dragons? And also what are they, baby dragon ghosts?

>The Prince of the House of Night
How long do the Drow Warriors stick around? Like, is it just a combat summon or can I get minions? Also, how buff are they?

Also also, what do the Drow here do? Lolth is there apparently, and a princess? Are they typical D&D Drow, or something different?

Sorry for the many questions. Not really familiar with it, though it sounds interesting.
>>
>>51326192
When do you start the jump? The same time the MC creates his character? Before then?

What is the setting like, you give some background information on the real world and it's interactions with the game but not on the game itself which seems like the main setting.
>>
>>51323311
Hell yes.
>>
>>51328136
>And also what are they, baby dragon ghosts?
Rather badass holes into which you throw loot.
>>
>>51328185
How so? I can't really think of anything that's not already covered by Sitcom.
>>
>>51328210
sitcom is a generic, generics Still allow for specific settings. of course this is made complicated because it is arguably the same universe for most of them.

https://thetommywestphall.wordpress.com/the-master-list/
>>
>>51328299
I know. But the question wasn't if a jump could be made of it, rather it was if it would make a good jump. Not much you could really offer besides the chance to go there, which you already have.
>>
>>51328046
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>51328136
It gives them a soul which lets them have access to an afterlife as it exists in the setting, in this setting it exists as either a respawn or various planes of existance.

If you could get it into the game I suppose. That would be odd, I guess that would be like the avatar pods in avatar,

You could use it to summon one hell of a powerful creature if you were a necromancer otherwise you could free the souls, its mainly useful for bartering though in setting.

Wraith dragons in setting grow scales depending on what they eat growing up. They have physical bodies but can do psychic screams and such. In setting its used to hatch even fossilized eggs into living creatures.

They seem to be dark elves that lean towards dnd but not as bad. They are pretty badass, they can be used to accumulate minions. More military elves who worship the dark and hate the light elves.

>>51328179
About mid way through the books, this keeps people from just coding buffs into the game to boost themselves but before the worlds seperate. I was thinking of moving it to the day max comes into the game though.

Im not really sure about changing it though.
>>
>>51328366
You can't code buffs into the game, the devs tried and failed.
>>
>>51323311
Absolutely. I'd love Wednesday as a companion and tons of kooky weirdness perks.

Like reverse gardening, for keeping your garden a dead wasteland but still somehow quite pleasing to the eye.

Creepy graveyard warehouse add on for budding necromancer, optionally filled by you or with fictitious people who died from hilariously gruesome causes.

Gate as a Companion, for guarding your Warehouse door/portal.
>>
>>51328345
>I know. But the question wasn't if a jump could be made of it, rather it was if it would make a good jump. Not much you could really offer besides the chance to go there, which you already have.

okay my interpretation Was that it was being argued that since Adam's family is a sitcom. It was covered by generic sitcom. but yeah, you've got stuff like ridiculous Amounts of money for items, weird science,pet proactively carnivorous plants, durability Perks,the ability to move about Normally in a hobble dress And that's not counting the various Animated Series and movies and state shows.
>>
>>51328422
They tried and failed after a certain point in the books, that was actually a part where they were freaking out because they couldnt add or alter things anymore.
>>
>>51328299
I don't mean to argue about this, but the Westphall Hypothesis is based on some staggeringly poor assumptions.

>>51328210
I can.
>Gardening with man-eating plants.
>Options to be any of the unusual races like disembodied hands, hair-covered or frankenstienian monsters.
>Kooky/spooky perks.
>Witchcraft/potions.
>The Family vault (and all the tricks and traps).
>Uncle Fester style improbable backstories and explosives mastery.
Plus you could include stuff from the animated series.
>>
>>51328466
Right but even before then they couldn't really so it, the super charecters they made weren't more powerful than other players of similar level. Just had wierd power sets other players weren't used to dealing with.
>>
>>51328200
Uh. Okay?

>>51328366
Thank you for the answers.

>If you could get it into the game I suppose. That would be odd, I guess that would be like the avatar pods in avatar,
Hm, okay... Well, it looks like I'm going Perma anyway, so I'd probably have it on my person in-game if I buy it? Since I can't go back and all.

>Wraith dragons in setting grow scales depending on what they eat growing up. They have physical bodies but can do psychic screams and such.
Ah, okay. So these follow me around and can be tossed stuff to eat then... Any idea how big they get?

>In setting its used to hatch even fossilized eggs into living creatures.
That part's very nice too. Not yet seeing an immediate use-

No, wait, I do. The dragon eggs in ASoIaF. That could be... interesting.

>They seem to be dark elves that lean towards dnd but not as bad. They are pretty badass, they can be used to accumulate minions. More military elves who worship the dark and hate the light elves.
Cool. Definitely picking that perk up then. It'll keep working for dark elves/drow in other jumps, right?

Also, >>51327962 has me a bit concerned? What's the princess like (I'm assuming that's the bitch he's talking about)?
>>
>>51328607
The princess wants to revive her dead lover, that perk puts you at the top of the list of people she might want to sacrifice to the goddess mentioned in the + 600 drawback.
>>
>>51328607
>Uh. Okay?
They will snatch up your loot for food, they are greedy little bastards and don't care how valuable the things they eat are.
>>
Is it possible to modify the Armour of the Crusader from Elder Scrolls: Morroblivion into a different shape?
>>
>>51328596
They also made a bunch of mega castles with nonstandard gear and semi magic nukes. As well as the banking system for levels they made so you could take no level ups but get double your saved levels when you hit a certain point, all the dieing kids had that.

>>51328607
Yes you would,.

At their teens the dragons are the size of delivery trucks.

The princess is a bitch but the title of prince still allows you to boss around npc drow in the coty of night, max does this after the other prince shows up back from the dead thanks to lolth. He uses it to paint their armor pink iirc.
>>
>>51328607
Also>>51328699
They love eating valuables and the materials they eat when hatched and yound they grow as scales.
>>
>>51328667
Hm. Okay, interesting.

>>51328699
Note to self: do not let them into the storage rooms of the warehouse.

>>51328749
...But do throw them loads of useful materials.

>>51328714
>Yes you would,.
>At their teens the dragons are the size of delivery trucks.
Cool, thanks.

>The princess is a bitch but the title of prince still allows you to boss around npc drow in the coty of night, max does this after the other prince shows up back from the dead thanks to lolth. He uses it to paint their armor pink iirc.
Yup. I'm going to have fun with this.

What's the other prince like?
>>
>>51323311
There are a lot of great perk possibilities.

Every Child Should Have Dynamite!: Explosion Immunity

Mama's Home Cooking: Poison (and worse) Immunity

Deathly Pallor: People can tell there's something... not quite right with you.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc!": Because your Family is everything - bonds of loyalty are never broken.

"Qui nos opprimere velint, illos libentor devoramus!": The real latin version of the same phrase - your revenge is always sweet.

Addams' Constitution: Bleeding! Beaten! Broken! You will rise again, regardless! Because you are an Addams!

001 Cemetery Lane: For a creepy house.

Greed: You are now fabulously wealthy. May come with revolving bookcase leading to a secret vault.

The Garden: Whatever is growing in there, it's probably not healthy.. for trespassers.

Beware The Thing: You have an unusual manservant/pet/friend/family in the form of a disembodied hand, or other appropriately kooky.. thing.

Drawbacks:

How... Normal!: Banal things are abhorrent to you, including pastels, stories about knights slaying dragons, and flourishing gardens.

Munsters!: The Munster clan, enemy since time immemorial to every Addams, has set their sights on you. Either to recruit (which would make you an enemy of the Addams) or to kill.

"I only drink lemonade made from real lemons!": I'm so sorry. But.. you're normal! Maybe it would be better to put yourself out of the misery.
>>
>>51328790
Do not trust the bitch, ever. If she shows you an evil looking knife you destroy that thing!
>>
>>51328802
Damn it, I wanted a break from Jump Making. But noooooooo! You had to wave that in my face.

Seriously, someone else do this before before I have to.
>>
>>51327940
Jaune is the generic MC that RWBY could have had. Like all anime, he's easy to use to make any character.
>>
>>51328790
>Yup. I'm going to have fun with this.
Keep in mind that it would make her your wife and give her all the in game access to you that the system provides. Name your servants, if they aren't free thinking they might obey her as the drow will obey you.
>>
>>51328802
>"I only drink lemonade made from real lemons!": I'm so sorry. But.. you're normal! Maybe it would be better to put yourself out of the misery.

Is this supposed to be a trap?
>>
Jump #251: A Certain Magical Index
>The Hierophant, reversed: Inflexible and dogmatic thinking. A calcified old regime.
Boy, that describes so many things in this jump.
>Age: 28
>Location: London, UK
>Identity: Spy (-100)
>Index (300)
Memetic resistance, the ability to safely memorize hundreds of thousands of grimores, and a perfect memory (whcih I already have ten times over but why not). A fine way to cap off my other mental boost perks.
>Sorcerer (Free, Spy)
Not just a magician, but explicitly able to train new ones. Hm, perhaps I should found the local equivalent of Hogwarts... nah, this world's too messed up for that not to become the battleground for World War V.
>Esper: Telekinesis (0, Spy)
Frankly I can probably already do all of this with the other telekinesis perks I have, but it never hurts to have it spelled out explicitly.
>Cross of the Church of England (Free, Spy)
Shiny. I don't think I'll be using this much, though.

First things first: Academy City is absolutely nuts and I am not going there. Second, I'm going to abuse every method of teleportation and scrying that I have in order to find every grimore I can, so that I can read them. Which I can do by touching them. Of course, I'm sure many of them are warded against that, but it isn't as if I don't have ways around that through any other number of magical systems.

And after ten years of making a point of NOT getting involved in the insanity here, I have only one conclusion to come to: I learned absolutely nothing here that I couldn't apply elsewhere.

I already have telekinesis, both alpha-plus level power and fine control. I already have magical knowledge. Sure, I've learned enough from all these books to screw with the local laws of physics, but those are useless to me outside of here. An unexpectedly underwhelming decade, to be sure.

Ugh.

At least Index is useful to mentally catalog the books I've read.
>>
If I have Dimension Lord + Greatest Magician + Vestments + Tower of Fate (which holy fuck would take up all my points and make me have to fight the Spectre or Trigon, but I'm tempted), do you think I could lay permanent enchantments on people that would basically work like Shazam or Wonder Woman's powers and at a similar level and would work outside of the Dimension? I know theirs are actually powered by gods, but it should theoretically be replicable with enough raw magical power, shouldn't it?
>>
>>51323438
Just for this, anon.

Loyal Steed (250 CP): Well I didn’t think it was possible - not only is there a wild truck that has taken a liking to you, but astonishingly enough it’s driving around without a trucker at the cab. And during this Gauntlet, you’ll find this most loyal of trucks at least once per “level,” bulldozing it’s brethren out of the way until it inevitably succumbs to the environmental challenges, all to try and get you to the end.

After this Gauntlet, you will find this truck awaiting you - either in your Warehouse or on the first street you have access to. The Truck comes in a paint job of your choice and seems to still be sentient and alive despite being entirely mechanical.
>>
>>51328860
Well, obviously. Who actually trusts drow?

Does the evil-looking knife have any special super-sharpness magic or something, in addition to the sacrificing to Lolth bit? Because most knives aren't going to do much of anything to my jumper.

>>51328936
>it would make her your wife
Huh. Interesting.

How does that work with resurrecting the other prince? Does she have two husbands then?

>give her all the in game access to you that the system provides.
Which is...?

>spoiler
Noted. Does that also include non-drow servants?
>>
File: 76506069de469ee1bd8dfebc50e61f78.jpg (194KB, 1024x863px) Image search: [Google]
76506069de469ee1bd8dfebc50e61f78.jpg
194KB, 1024x863px
>>51328904
Doooo iiiiit!

But seriously, it seems like there would only be one origin/background, which seems a bit boring.
>>
>>51329078
You could make a drawback based on each of the Addams. I mean, they were a pretty diverse group.
>>
>>51328998
It sucks souls,technically still her husband but not in practice,
>>
>>51329094
origin*, not drawback. God damn it me.
>>
>>51328998
Anything killed with the knife is sacrificed to the knife goddess. Also if you use it some of their mind will flow into yours giving you some of their abilities but corroding your individuality.

She needs to sacrifice someone to get the original husband back, if you are the one sacrifices she will only have the one husband as you will be spending the rest of the jump being tortured in the goddess of sadism's private dimension.

If max is sacrificed she'll have three You, old husband, and Max (after he gets rescued).

>Which is...?
Not sure what all it involves but NPCs seem to obey their master's spouse, your NPCs (you will have some serving you unless you are a peasant) will likely obey her if you don't give them names (and by extension the self awareness to think for themselves).
>>
>>51328953
>but those are useless to me outside of here
Uh, what? How? Aren't you a Sorcerer?
>>
>>51329123
I mean pulling the high-end "rewrite reality" things like Crowley and his ilk can. Sure, the magic is useful to me, but...
>>
>>51329078
I'm tempted. My wife is sitting here throwing ideas at me like a mad woman.

I was thinking...
Normal Person (Drop In)
Criminal
Addams
?????

Honestly, everyone is just going to go Addams anyways, so maybe I'll just do one background with 4 perks for each tier.

Living bear skin rug, Summer camp drawback, Electricity immunity ala Fester, Uncle Knick Knack's closet. So many freaking ideas.
>>
>>51329162
Wasn't the daughter a mad scientist?
Thread posts: 478
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.