[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 61

File: 635343887343281516.jpg (54KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
635343887343281516.jpg
54KB, 265x370px
Blinking Bullshit Edition

Last Thread >>51282433

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread Topic:
>Tell us a tale about your local gamestore. Are they nice? Are they dicks? Has anything interesting ever happened?
>>
>>51295489
first for Iona did nothing wrong
>>
File: Three Sisters.jpg (998KB, 2560x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Three Sisters.jpg
998KB, 2560x1392px
>>51295489
>Tell me about your Local Gamestore
Well there's two. One that I love and I go to as often as I can, but has events every night so they can't host our EDH getogethers

Store number 2 is much larger, has a lot more open tables and runs events only a few days a week, but they only really stock cards for standard, and treat us like a huge inconvenience for asking to look at any of their older binders.

We're probably just going to move our EDH games to someone's house given none of us really like it at the second store.
>>
Repostin my Daxos list from last thread for any suggestions people might have.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-steals-your-deck/
>>
Best Commander for a Mono Black Big Mana deck?
Kind of a Swamp matters theme with lots of artifacts.

Erebos or someone else? For the longest time I used Maga, Traitor to Mortals but he's kinda boring and his name sucks now.
>>
>>51295700
>Daxos of Meletis
Barf. Things are looking pretty good, but that commander makes me irrationally mad. Throw in as much ramp as you can, to cast your opponent's deck back at them.
>>
>>51295745
Erebos for sure, never hurts to have more card draw
>>
>>51295770
besides mana rocks, what cards does UW have that ramp?
>>
>>51295745
Maga's name is great. Don't tell me you're one of those trump fags who can't handle light hearted humor.

Anyways, the best big black is the one eyed.
>>
>>51295847
>Maga's name is great. Don't tell me you're one of those trump fags who can't handle light hearted humor.

Quite the opposite. We just have some real life MAGA dudes at our LGS and well let's just say they make stupiud comments but honestly I could care less but it was time to find a new commander anyways.
>>
>>51295847
And just to be clear, maga would be just as funny if it was a white card called maga, the plains last hope.
>>
>>51295921
Fair enough. I highly recommend the one eyed then. You use your mana to cast spells over and over again.

Or Toshiro, for mono black spell slinger, my personal favorite.
>>
File: sylvan bounty.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
sylvan bounty.png
132KB, 223x311px
So I have a friend who wants to get into Magic. The problem is, he's never played before, and I only have EDH decks set up. I was going to build two relatively straight forward decks so I could teach him the basics.

If I were to build a monogreen and a monoblack deck on an extreme budget, what sorts of things should I remember to include? I was going to go through my commons/uncommons and cherry pick a few obvious strategies. I a discard theme for the black one could be pretty powerful on a budget, and a stompy ramp theme for the green one could be also be good, but how do I balance them to the same power level?
>>
>>51295954
Yeah I have him on my radar but the price and especially the flavour of a "real" Chinese person kinda throw me off. Would love a functional reprint at 3BB but that's a pipedream I guess.

Probably going with Erebos. Foil one should look nice.
>>
>>51296245
Assuming you don't suck at deckbuilding, just shuffle up the edh decks and play them without edh rules.

No need to dumb it down further.
>>
>>51296245
>but how do I balance them to the same power level?
Play them against each other by yourself. Be sure not to pick a favourite and always choose the best option for every step.
Kinda autistic but it works for me. Made 5 monocolour decks for my friends and tested them the same way. Each one focuses on the colours advantages and showcases it's gameplay. Got them hooked and now I have a new playgroup.
Same could work for Commander but deckbuilding would be a little more complex.
>>
>>51296285

In my experience Erebos is pretty insane with all the mana doublers, etc

Make sure you have a fair amount of lifegain though, otherwise you can accidentally die to manlands and haste creatures coming out of nowhere despite all your removal and board wipes
>>
I have a friend who's sort of new-ish at EDH, and he said today that he wants to build a "competitive" EDH deck, preferably UG. I recommended a lot of cancer to him but his mind appears to be set on Leovold. I'd like to know what you think the odds of Leovold getting banned here. Turn 2 Leovold into turn 3 Windfall / Day's Undoing / Puzzle Box sounds like it would very quickly put him on the RC's shitlist.

If you think the card is somewhat safe from a ban, I'll help him build the most cancerous Leovold deck imaginable.
>>
>>51296365

Leovold is soooooo broken, and not just broken (other legal commanders are broken), but extremely unfun to play against

That said I doubt he'll be banned, because as I said, there are lots of broken commanders and cards that aren't banned

Retarded Sheldon has fucking cyc rift on his "watchlist" so I doubt this is even on his radar
>>
>>51296344
>Make sure you have a fair amount of lifegain though
That's a good advice. I love trading life for cards a little too much and has been my demise in the past. What would you recommend besides the obvious ones like Exsanguinate, Consuming Vapors, Blood Tithe etc?
Recurring lifegain would be the best I think.
>>
>>51296413
>Leovold is soooooo broken, and not just broken (other legal commanders are broken), but extremely unfun to play against
To be honest, I'd rather play against Leovold than something like Derevi.
>>
>>51296341
See, I get that the deck building is going to be a pain in the ass, but after introducing him to the mechanics, I was hoping to convince him to get a precon, then slowly upgrade it.

Which commanders do you think personify their respective colours? I was thinking Polukranos could be pretty fun with a ramp package and some cheap fatties, while Endrek Sahr could make a pretty fun, albeit generic, monoblack deck.

When you teach new players, are there any mechanics you emphasize?
>>
>>51296365
There's no way he isn't going to be banned.

While things have deserved to be banned for a long time, Leovold causes immense devastation, even on a budget. It's just a matter of time before he starts dominating metas, and Sheldon sees one in his playgroup, then he's going to be banned right away, along with Doubling Season.
>>
>>51296449

Why? What is fun about having no cards in hand? What is fun about finally having an opener with 1-2 mana removal that can stop his turn 3 wombo combo only to draw him a card with said removal, then have that removal countered, THEN discard your hand

there's still a bunch of nonland permanents derevi needs in play to really lock everybody down, much more room for interaction, although I agree Derevi is frustrating too
>>
>>51296518
At least you can interact profitably with what Leovold is doing. Remove him in response to a Windfall and if he doesn't win a counter war over this, the extra card he drew is irrelevant and you get to wheel your hand (negating the cost of spending a removal spell). And if he does resolve his wheel effect with Leovold in play, then you can concede. Game's over, better luck next time.

Derevi takes more work to lock the opponent but she's just so fucking hard to stop and frustrating to try to interact with.
>>
>>51296436
gray merchant
bloodchief ascension
sangromancer, venser's journal (can be kinda meh)
>>
>>51296582
i had a guy scoop in response to me swordsing his leovold when he windfalled

derevi is honestly the only commander i'd have banned completely. like, wotc just admit you made a mistake and tell people they can't play that shitty bird anymore

>card costs 2.5 mana
>casting removal costs around 2 mana
>combined, you spend 4.5 mana to kill derevi
>playing derevi from the command zone costs 4 mana (no card has to be spent)
>pretty much no matter what, you will have misplayed if you kill derevi

fucking kill yourself wotc
>>
>>51296634
>Act of Aggression / Ray of Command a Leovold in response to a wheel
HNNNNNNNG
>>
>>51296634
I understand the frustration, but why are you so salty? There are lots of ways to remove it, it's just unfortunate that they happen to be in Derevi's colours.
>>
File: 188.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
188.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>51296698
>letting him counter you back
>>
>>51296723
because i shouldn't have to fill my deck with stupid ass anti-derevi (of which there are like 5) cards just because wotc is manned by morons
>>
>>51296723
Have you read his post? He's not complaining that he can't remove Derevi, only that removing Derevi is generally a misplay because this fucker is coming back with an instant speed activated ability that isn't subjected to the commander tax whenever she wants.

I miss tucking, I really fucking do.
>>
>>51296747
I like Word of Seizing in theory but it's just way too slow for me in practice. I guess that will usually depend on your meta and what you play against.
>>
Maralen looks so good
>>
>>51296801
Can't people just tutor up removal if they're not complete retards? It strikes me as the same type of card as Rhystic Study, where it's only good if you're playing against idiots.
>>
File: 706.jpg (37KB, 526x572px) Image search: [Google]
706.jpg
37KB, 526x572px
>put prototype deck on tappedout
>get some comments
>seriously some of the worst advice ive ever seen
it's not even like they are suggesting things that might be ok
it's not even CLOSE
>>
>>51296885
Link?
>>
>>51296895
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-01-17-die-die-die/#c2928049
>>
>>51296634
Do Derevi players really put it into play as soon as they can for you to have to kill it?
>>
>>51296749
>of which there are like 5
Darksteel mutation, Ixidron, Eidolon of Rhetoric, Nevermore, Prison Term, Arcane Labratory, Arrest. The rest are more niche, along the lines of control magic, vedalken shackles, and authority of the council/things that make it enter tapped, but I do see your point.
>>
>>51296903
Holy shit I thought you were exaggerating. This is fucking baffling.
>>
>>51296877
I just tutor up 1 CMC removal every time someone casts her.

Your wrong about rhystic though. That card is very strong even if everyone pays the one. Compare it to other taxing effects, it's the lowest CMC one there is and the choice given isn't real.
>>
>>51294961 #
Sundial of the infinite lets you keep the tokens.
Illusionist's bracers and rings of brighthearth can let you copy his ability.
>>
>>51296961
>Your wrong about rhystic though. That card is very strong even if everyone pays the one.
True enough. It's good even if everyone pays, it's only completely busted if no one pays.
>>
>>51294961
get wurmcoil engine and duplicant
and poop on your friends
make sure you tell them that "feldon isnt even that good LOL"
>>
>>51296903
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-01-17-die-die-die/#c2928049
Dear god, that's some retardation. I'm so happy no one comments on my shit.
>>
>>51296903
Holy fucking shit dude
>>
Any suggestions for my Rishkar deck? I think this guy is secretly insane
>>
File: Skeleton Ship.jpg (559KB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Ship.jpg
559KB, 745x1040px
I'm looking to make a skeleton tribal deck with pic related at the helm. Are there any good card combos that would let me infinitely untap Skeleton Ship to rain volleys of -1/-1 counters upon my calcium-deficient opponents? I don't have any experience with infinite untapping outside of Green.
>>
>>51296919
Are you high? Only dark steel mutation, ixidron, and control magic effects do anything against derevi.

You do realize you use his activated ability from the command zone (so no prison term), he doesn't need to be cast (so I don't know what the fuck your thinking with nevermore or arcane lab) and you want him on the field for his triggered ability, or you have something like crystal shard+winter orb set up for a lock (returning the bird to Cz instead of hand)
>>
>>51295628
What is the card?
>>
I don't know if this is flavor of the month bullshit, but I've grown to like Arjun some so I decided to build a deck around him. Tell me what you guys think of my build.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-good-boy-wheel-sphinx/
>>
>>51297164
i am so fucking spooked
>>
>>51297164
Easiest way is staff of domination with infinite mana, gained any number of ways.
>>
>>51297177
Voidstone Gargoyle, Pithing Needle

:^)
>>
>>51297164
>there's cheeky dolphin jumping out on the left and the skeltals are riding fucking sea turtles

that card just got a lot cooler in my book
>>
>>51297322
That's better anon.

But you can still cast derevi with the needle out.
>>
>>51296460
>Which commanders do you think personify their respective colours?

>White: Avacyn
>Blue: Arcanis or Teferi (both versions)
>Black: Erebos
>Red: Krenko or Jaya
>Green: Molimo or Omnath

That's just from memory.

>When you teach new players, are there any mechanics you emphasize?
Each colour's strenghts and weaknesses so they get a feel for it. Let them find out what they like.
There is always a Dragon Fire Fag and an Edgy Demon Summoner in my experience.
>>
>>51297367
>derevi player actually paying commander tax

lolnope, they'll just remove the needle
>>
>>51297367
Meddling Mage

:^P
>>
File: mike-tyson-boxers-photo-u18.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mike-tyson-boxers-photo-u18.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
>>51297322
>Pithing Needle
why would a pissing needle help?
>>
I want to run Derevi just so I can Skybind with Arbiter of the Ideal, should I rather use Roon? Maybe Rubinia because she's pretty
>>
>>51297387
>Edgy Demon Summoner
Oh, that was me. I still have a deck that's filled with edgy nonsense and titty mice.

You know what, I could build Arcanis, Erebos, and Grenzo, Havoc Raiser. I'll just use distinctly t2 cards, build them with a very easy curve, use only basic lands, and let them get a feel for what each deck is going to offer. After that, if he's still interested, I figure I can let him use some of my more straight forward decks.

Thanks anon, I appreciate it.
>>
>>51297164
Staff of Domination, as well as a few small creatures like Horseshoe Crab

Look a Kraj lists, those are the king of tap manipulation
>>
File: 1484360217824.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484360217824.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>want to build yidris
>all cards on EDHrec are pretty much wheels

I didn't want to build/play nekusar. Guess I gotta do this on my own
>>
>>51297471
it forces derevi players to pay commander tax
>>
>>51296877

>Rhystic study is only good against idiots

M8 if there was a 3 mana enchantment that said "your opponents spells cost 1 more to cast", it would be super strong, like the best tax effect ever
>>
File: wingmare.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
wingmare.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>51297868
>If there was a 3 mana enchantment that said "your opponents spells cost 1 more to cast", it would be super strong, like the best tax effect ever

Would you settle for a creature?
>>
>>51297916
That effects you too, and it's a lot more easily removed then a enchantment.
>>
>>51297916

Not sure what you're trying to say here
>>
>>51297105
>>51296984
>>51296952
I know. It's incredible. My play group is filled with people who poop on me, and then I see people like that.
>>
>>51297916

So if you run a creatures only deck, your vryn wingmare is ALMOST as good for you as Rhystic study is for every deck, no restrictions whatsoever

Cool
>>
>>51297916
>Effect hurts you too
>Doesn't work against creatures
>More vulnerable than rhystic.

I'm not sure if you understand what you are talking about.
>>
>>51297940
Don't worry about it, you're far too stupid to follow this conversation.
>>
>>51297124
lol forgot link http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rishkar-isnt-bad-i-swear/
>>
Does anyone have experience building Grenzo, Havoc Raiser? I have a Kiki-Jiki I'm not using, and I was also wondering if there are any shenanigans I can pull off.
>>
>>51297999
wasted trips

rhystic and wingmare are nowhere near comparable in power
>>
>>51297868
>M8 if there was a 3 mana enchantment that said "your opponents spells cost 1 more to cast", it would be super strong, like the best tax effect ever
It would be strictly better than Rhystic Study in theory. But in practice, against the type of retards that play EDH, it would end up being worse. Because the faggots that play EDH don't understand that it's generally correct to pay the 1. I've seen players refuse to pay 1 just to BLUFF a counterspell or removal. Like seriously, they repeatedly let the Rhystic player draw cards for free, and when I sac a Mindslicer later on, I see they were sitting on lands and sorceries.

That's what I meant when I said Rhystic Study is good against idiots.
>>
>>51297997
>creatures are more vulnerable than artifacts/enchantments

This shit needs to stop, you fucking idiots always go on how every nonblack/hexproof dies to doom blade and act like disenchant/naturalize aren't a thing. Fuck off
>>
>>51297773
That's because you're not using the advanced filters.
Say, if you wanted to play Yidris storm, search for decks that use Mind's Desire/Grapeshot/Whatever the fuck storm uses
>>
File: 1448382979878.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1448382979878.png
171KB, 346x297px
>>51298094

What do I look like, a poster on the Modern thread?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
So hey, /edhg/, why did this not see more play? And is it bad in EDH?
>>
>>51298094
Completely, objectively wrong.

Every deck prepares for creatures, and has multiple methods of dealing with creatures, not including combat. Creatures are the second most fragile type, followed closely by artifact creatures. Enchantment removal may be excellent, if you're running white or green. Otherwise? Enchantments tend to stick for a lot longer.
>>
>>51298094
no one is saying artifacts/enchantments are impervious to removal numbnuts, but when you are comparing the permanent types, creatures are far easier to remove than artifacts/enchantments
>>
File: 20170120_003524.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170120_003524.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I've been working towards the stupidest/most autistic deck for about half a year, and I finally hit enough lands to put it together.

When I started building this deck, I set myself two rules:

>1: ONLY foil cards
>2: No purchasing cards, everything needs to be obtained through trades

Probably wouldn't have taken so damn long, if I hadn't decided that this deck was going to be colorless.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kozilek-the-glaring-distortion/

Enjoy the shiny badness that is the pile of cards I managed to assemble.
>>
>>51297773
Double strikan, extra combatan, cascade cascade cascade cascade
>>
>>51298161
what did you trade for the foil karn?
>>
>>51298094
Do you not realize that red, black and blue have no way to destroy enchantments on the battlefield outside of sinking like 7 mana into colorless removal and lol chaos warp.

Every color can get rid of creatures though.

Inb4 you start spouting bullshit about only 5 color decks being viable.
>>
>>51298136
>reveal something really spicy
>table turns on you and kills you
thats why, my friend
>>
>>51298142
>only green and white can deal with enchantments

You are fucking stupid
>>
File: 1471173476113.jpg (76KB, 365x536px) Image search: [Google]
1471173476113.jpg
76KB, 365x536px
>>51298161

>everything traded
>foil karn

jesus
>>
>>51298188
Fucking ages ago so I don't remember, I got it when the foil karn was at like $40.
>>
>>51298196
That's not what he said. Reading comprehension.
>>
>>51298094
>numerous board wipes in several colors
>creature removal rampant in most colors
>creatures also vulnerable to damage effects whereas artifacts/enchantments are not

Yeah, no. Not to mention, red, blue, and black can't do shit to destroy enchantments, and black and blue can't do shit to destroy artifacts.
>>
>>51297773

STORM
T
O
R
M

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-20-entropic-uprising-upgrade
>>
>>51298195
Is that really the only reason?
>>
File: $1,000,000.gif (1MB, 320x257px) Image search: [Google]
$1,000,000.gif
1MB, 320x257px
>>51298161
>Kozilek Wastes
>Foil Multiplier: 46.3x
>>
>>51298240
im sure there might be more, but to me its the most pressing one
>>
>>51298136
It's just too much life loss, especially when it's always worse than a Phyrexian Arena.
>>
File: 1483173404860.jpg (56KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1483173404860.jpg
56KB, 500x738px
>>51298218
You lack it, I know.

>>51298220
Ok dumbass you proved that I know more than you do, come back once you learn
>>
>>51298240

Any table with a little threat assessment will target you the moment you get something interesting, and with EDH being an eternal format you have better ways of getting cards, like Phyrexian Arena
>>
>>51298276
>shown to be wrong on multiple accounts
>'ha ha, I'm a genius!'

take your (You) and go
>>
File: Wastes184FullArt.jpg (59KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Wastes184FullArt.jpg
59KB, 223x311px
>>51298250
It's been the number one thing that has tempted me to just buy. Just getting 5-6 more foil 184 wastes so that I could build my deck, but I persevered and found cards like Unknown Shores, Shimmering Grotto, fucking Maze's End, Crucible of the Spirit Dragon and Grixis Panorama instead.
>>
File: well_played.png (101KB, 316x259px) Image search: [Google]
well_played.png
101KB, 316x259px
>>51298250
Seriously: it's 12$ a piece
>>
>>51295996
Nobody was shedding salty liberal tears conservafriendo.
>>
>>51298276
I'd like to get mad so we can have a good argument over this but your shitposting just isn't doing it for me, anon. Sorry. Let's try again later.
>>
>>51298088

>it would be strictly better

No, it would be worse

Think of it like this, if your opponents pay for every spell but 1, then its a brutal tax that cantrips, if they pay for everything but 3-4 spells, it's medium tax that refills your hand

If they never pay its the most broken draw effect ever

Rhystic study is very very strong, and it gets better the faster and more competitive your meta is, because more spells are cast per turn (or would be cast were it not for Rhystic study), it's nowhere near a bad card
>>
>>51298276
>Ok dumbass you proved that I know more than you do, come back once you learn
Aside from some fringe jank like Gate to Phyrexia or colorless-based removal like Nevinyrral's Disk or Scour from Existence, exactly what removal do those colors have for artifacts and enchantments?

Please enlighten me, you arrogant twatwaddle.
>>
>>51298320
>No, it would be worse
No, it would be better. In theory, against competent players. Because opponents already get to treat Rhystic Study like a flat 1-mana tax on their spells if they want to. But they also have the choice to ignore that tax if they really need all their mana on a given turn. That option makes the card weaker in theory.

It only ends up being better in practice because most players are fucking retards who let the Rhystic Study player draw way too fucking much. Where giving the opponent a choice would usually weaken the card, it ends up strengthening this one because opponents in EDH way too often make the wrong choice.
>>
>>51298320
It would be better because rhystic is a choice. There have been games that I have won off the 2-3 mana I didn't pay for rhystic so I could combo out that turn. If I was forced to pay I wouldn't have won.
>>
>>51298317
Once again I win an argument because of incoherent rage

>>51298348
I don't need to enlighten you. Contribute something of meaning to the thread now like I have
>>
>>51298348
He's a (You)farmer anon, just ignore it
>>
>>51298438
>I don't need to enlighten you. Contribute something of meaning to the thread now like I have
So basically you're a retarded troll just trying to fling shit.

Okay, got it.
>>
>>51298477
>you're a retarded
Contribute something worth discussing and I'll give you an answer
>>
>>51298422
>>51298396

The problem is you don't have perfect information

You could draw then into disruption for your combo if you take a turn off paying for Rhystic study, or if they already have disruption you gave them cards for no reason

Having a choice weakens a card but it's weaker relative to what?

There are many times when Rhystic study forces an opponent to NOT pay because they can't afford the tempo loss, but its very difficult for them to be sure when they need to get something down and when they need to keep you from drawing because they can't see your hand

Rhystic study is better than it would be if the card draw wasn't an option. The reason giving your opponents a choice usually makes a card a lot worse is that they know which effects is worse for them, but with Rhystic study they do not always know this. Also the two choices complement each other very well, if they don't pay, you draw more answers to their faster play. If they do pay, you need less answers to their slower play
>>
>>51298552
It's pretty simple mate. Giving an opponent options makes a card weaker. It only becomes stronger if your opponents consistently pick the worst option for them. And that's an issue with EDH players being bad, not with the core concept that giving opponents options lowers a card's power.
>>
>>51298276
>>51298438
>I know about the super secret enchantment removal in UBR but I'm not telling anyone!!!

What have you contributed, exactly?
>>
>>51298587
Did you even read his post?
>>
>one of my opponents is brioun stoutarm with warstorm surge and sneak attack in play
>but the table targets me anyway because my big black mana deck has... surprise! Big black mana.
>>
File: rekt.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>51298618
>riku + nekusar player gets a pass even though they can win in one turn
>KILL THE MAZIREK PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51298596
How is it not already obvious to you that he's just shitposting and baiting for (You)s?
>>51298605
Yes, and he's wrong. The possibility of an opponent making a mistake and picking the "worse" option does not balance out the fact you gave the opponent an option and should expect them to more often than not pick the one that's most advantageous to them.

A 2U enchantment that reads "All your opponents' spells cost 1 more to cast" would be better than Rhystic Study. A 2U enchantment that reads "Whenever an opponent casts a spell, draw a card" would be much better than Rhystic Study. Letting your opponents decide, on every trigger, which one they'd rather be playing against, makes it worse than either of those two options. It's not a fucking complicated concept anon.
>>
File: femme_fatale-a_H7ku1JL.png (212KB, 241x347px) Image search: [Google]
femme_fatale-a_H7ku1JL.png
212KB, 241x347px
Thoughts? I personally think he's a more janky and """fun""" version of Nekusar, but is still capable of some crazy shenanigans
>>
>>51298618
That Boros player's boardstate is useless without cards in hand anon, something a Black mage shouldn't ever have to worry about. That call could be justified.
>>
>>51298634
I was playing Gonti of all fucking things. But i'm 'a threat' when i have none of my bounce house cards on the board and four or so meh creatures. Just because my big black mana is online.

I mean, it's not like Brioun can shit out Emrakul the Promised End for R, dealing 39 damage to a given player assuming no blocks.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Another question, /edhg/:

Do you think the 1-mana draw spells (brainstorm, ponder, preordain, serum visions) have a place in EDH? Or do they have to little impact for the format?
>>
File: 1484064037086.jpg (6KB, 161x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484064037086.jpg
6KB, 161x250px
>>51298634
>kill the mazirek player

This hits too close to home. I don't even run grave pact/dick of erebos but its ok when melek has omniscience out
>>
>>51298694
it depends largely on how consistently you can reuse those cards
>>
>>51298618
I think everybody experiences this to some degree.
>get focused on with my Brion deck despite the burgeoning artifact deck's board presence
>"Hey, man, personally, I would have went for exiling the Wurmcoil Engine first."
>"But you could have flung something big at me."
>"Brion doesn't have haste."
>"Brion doesn't have haste?"
>"No."
>"Oh..."
This has happened more times than I'd care to remember. It's gotten to the point where sometimes I remind people that Brion doesn't have haste when I cast him.
>>
>>51298665
He's a bit odd but he works. Sadly don't know any secret tech for him
>>
Is it possible to Timmy so hard you become a Spike?
>>
File: maelstrom wanderer.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
maelstrom wanderer.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>51298734
Yes.
>>
>>51298711
>it depends largely on how consistently you can reuse those cards
Assuming no recursion.
>>
>>51298755
then no
>>
>>51298136
Dark confidant is cheaper and has the advantage of being a creature. Not to mention that arena is better at 3 mana
>>
>>51298552
The information you have doesn't need to be perfect, if you are going to combo out and they are tapped out, it doesn't matter what they draw (barring pact/force, which is rare, and you can have some knowledge of because graveyards and singleton format).
>>
>>51298694
They do have a place but the singleton nature of the format will often make tutors more valuable overall, especially given how we have vintage-level tutoring. I never feel bad about running a Brainstorm or Ponder in a deck but it feels more replaceable here than it does in other eternal formats.

Obviously some decks will want a lot of those cantrips, like Jori En from the last thread. So, you know, the commander you play is relevant when asking this question.
>>
>>51298694
>>51298755
Absolutely worth it. Edh is a format with the best Mana rocks and 40+ life, but deckbuilding restrictions that decrease consistency.

This means that exchanging mana for increased card selection early in the game is almost always worth it.
>>
>>51298657

It's not a mistake if they can't know which is better
>>
>>51298857
Let's do a quick test. I'm going to create a card here.

U, Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1, or sacrifices three lands.

Is it better or worse than good old Force Spike?
>>
>>51298665

psychosis crawler + alhammarret's archive + wheels
>>
>>51298857
ANY COMPETENT PLAYER SHOULD GENERALLY BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHICH OPTION IS LIKELY TO BE BEST FOR HIM EVEN WITH INCOMPLETE INFORMATION. OCCASIONALLY PICKING THE WRONG ONE DUE TO LACK OF INFORMATION CAN HAPPEN BUT, ON AVERAGE, GETTING TO CHOOSE WORKS OUT IN THEIR FAVOR. JESUS FUCKIGN CHRIST ANON.
>>
>>51298734
It's called playing zoo.
>>
>>51298918
Don't forget

Alhammarret's Archive nr 2: Transmute Artifact
Alhammarret's Archive nr 3: Reshape
Alhammarret's Archive nr 4: Whir of Invention
Alhammarret's Archive nr 5: Thought Reflection
>>
>>51298917
Worse generally.
>>
>>51298804

Okay that's one situation, but there are others, if they aren't tapped out, but you know they have an instant speed plays that advance their gameplan, you may have to decide to go for something without the mana to pay for Rhystic, otherwise you could get blown out by not using your mana while they get to advance their gameplan and put you in basically the same situation next turn

I've changed my mind though, I think I agree with the other guy i was arguing with, Rhystic study would be better overall if there was no choice, not tax, but I do think there are a lot of common situations where the choice does benefit the controller of Rhystic study
>>
>>51298965
Why?
>>
>>51298977

No choice, just tax**

>>51298937

I think Rhystic study is a special case, the choice is much harder than most choices given to you by opponents spells, you are more likely to choose wrong than any other choice effect

Also, I want to go back to the original topic, somebody claimed that Rhystic study is BAD, it's a bad card he said. In my opinion even if your opponents choose correctly every single spell, Rhystic study should still win you the game if it comes out early and isn't dealt with for multiple turns

I'll agree i was wrong though, it would be better as a straight tax
>>
File: 1483645059428.jpg (80KB, 344x580px) Image search: [Google]
1483645059428.jpg
80KB, 344x580px
>nervously waiting to see how well that anon did with the Zur Reanimator deck I made him
I bet it's going to be a trainwreck.
>>
>>51299014
Not him, but worse because it allows your opponent an out even when tapped out. Better situationally with mindslaver type effects.
>>
>>51299059
>>51299014
Oh, and this is a completely different from things like vexing devil in modern where both options are incredible value.

A card that read "an opponent chooses between losing all but one life or exiling all but one card in their library" would not be bad. Choice cards aren't inherently bad, they just need to be efficiently costed and have two generally good choices.
>>
>>51299057
You made a Zur deck for him? I'm sorry anon but he isn't coming back. He's probably lying dead in a back alley behind his LGS with his boipussi ravaged by a horde of angry neckbeards.
>>
>>51298665
I've been working on a brew myself. Niv Mizzit, psychosis crawler, and chasm skulker are insane as you might imagine. Mind moil and Tefferi's puzzle box let you cycle through your deck more. I personally like wheel effects that don't discard your hand like winds of change, molten psyche, and time reversal. Alhammeret's archive and thought reflection make you draw hard, but then there's the threat of drawing yourself to death so lab man is a good alt wincon.
>>
>>51299133
>horde of angry neckbeards
are they cute?
>>
>>51299133
That wouldn't surprise me. I've been testing out the list, and his gameplan is pretty much reanimate Magister Sphinx as soon as he attacks with Zur. If that fails? Elesh Norn or Iona are pretty good backups. If somehow he can't reanimate either, I'm sure he's going to clog the board into an unplayable mess.

Take a peak at the list, I built it in like 2 or 3 hours a couple of days ago:
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-01-17-zur-reanimator/
>>
>>51299170
They're fat and sweaty and they're screaming something about the spirit of EDH.
>>
File: reflector mage.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
reflector mage.png
127KB, 223x311px
>playing my low-budget super-durdly Ephara list
>win by bouncing and flickering this guy all game long
There's just something so satisfying about winning EDH games with Standard 3-drops.
>>
File: 122.jpg (81KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
81KB, 336x469px
>>51298960

nr6
>>
Silas Renn is pretty based.
>~Turn 4-5
>Untap with Silas Renn and a bunch of mana
>Mono-R player just assembled Strip Mine Crucible last turn and hit me, Mine is in GY
>I used my Tormod's Crypt to hit the GB Reanimator guy a few turns ago
>Play Necrogen Spellbomb
>Sac, target MonoR
>He smiles and pitches a land since he has Crucible
>Hit him with Silas, target Necrogen
>Play Scrap Trawler
>Sac Spellbomb targeting him again
>Trigger, get back Crypt
>He glances at his GY nervously
>Pitches another card
>Play Crypt and hit him with it
>His hope and lands, gone
Spellbombs are pretty GOAT with him.
>>
>>51299302
That thing is so bad in EDH.
>>
>>51298161
I jizzed a little. Can you post a pic with your cards more spaced out so we can oogle over them?
>>
File: Animar Foiled.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Animar Foiled.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>51299503
I've gone to bed now, but I can post some other shinies if you want.
>>
>>51299526
My penis has ascended this reality, thank you
>>
>>51299300
Standard banned 3 drops.
>>
File: Niv Mizzet Foiled.jpg (2MB, 3840x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Niv Mizzet Foiled.jpg
2MB, 3840x2560px
>>51299503
>>51299526
And more shinies.

Added Whir of Invention, Disallow and masterwork Scroll Rack to this deck since the picture.

Also masterwork Solemn Simulacrum in the Animar deck.
>>
>>51299556
Oh, and a FBB Volcanic Island, I should really take a new picture without any hideous white borders.
>>
>>51299526
>>51299556
>>51299589
Damn dude, you're packing heat! How many years did it take?
>>
File: chandler.jpg (46KB, 420x388px) Image search: [Google]
chandler.jpg
46KB, 420x388px
>>51299547
This is still hilarious to me.
>>
>>51299589
>not liking to have your secret tech and ace cards in white border
>>
>>51299618
I have just the most disgusting, white-turned-yellow-bordered Armageddon ever seen, it's so heavily played it probably wouldn't be accepted in a tournament.

I play it instead of my FtV:Annihilation Armageddon just for the tilt value.
>>
>>51299618
Having 99 black border cards and 1 white border really ticks me off. I don't usually mind white borders too much otherwise.

Also, my Super Secret Tech is grey bordered, scrub.

>>51299613
Took me about 3 years to foil them, had the Niv Mizzet deck for 6 years now, same with Animar. Animar is still missing one foil improvement, a judge promo Gaea's Cradle. I refuse to buy it for $600, but everyone I know knows I need it, so they're on the lookout for someone willing to trade it.

I have another deck that is also around the same price class as Animar / Niv Mizzet, but I haven't taken any pictures of it, I should get around to doing that.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-control-26-01-14-1/
>>
File: 1481503021811.png (223KB, 335x506px) Image search: [Google]
1481503021811.png
223KB, 335x506px
>>51296903
wha

what
>>
>>51296903
have you considered running Attrition for the deck? It's like 7 bucks at TCGplayer
>>
>>51296245
>Buy the duel decks for cheap.
>Teach m8 how to play.
>Strip for parts.
>>
>>51297164
this card is so fucking rad
>>
>>51300101
Which ones are the most balanced against eachother?
>>
>Tell us a tale about your local gamestore. Are they nice? Are they dicks? Has anything interesting ever happened?
My local store is nice, I guess. It's very small and the aesthetic can be best described as "basement", which it is, because it's a converted home.
I don't go there, since I can play EDH with my friends for free, and cards are cheaper online. It seems to be doing pretty well for itself, as it's almost always full on game nights. (though admittedly not a difficult task)
>>
>>51299526
I had a guy pull this off on me, I survived because of Darkness and Purphoros being his third to last creature revealed.
>>
File: 1464987463186.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464987463186.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>51299980
well done anon
>>
>>51300366
>Darkness
Nobody ever expects it. I play it just for the "Are you shitting me" value of dropping a fog in a Rakdos deck.
>>
>>51299687
Shiiiiit that Oloro deck makes me moister than an oyster
>>
>>51300366
Stalking Vengeance or Rage Thrower would still kill you a dozen times over in my list, fortunately.

Alternatively I could cast Ulamog or Kozilek by sacrificing it with a draw trigger on stack, drawing it over and over until you died to purphoros damage.
>>
>>51300272
Elspeth vs Tezzeret, Sorin vs Tibalt, Izzet vs Golgari,
Worst are Knights vs Dragons, Elspeth vs Kiora and Nissa vs Ob Nixilis.
>>
Anyone wanna help me with this? I've played a lot of red-based stax and MLD decks but not really a ton of U and B based ones. I think I need to find room for some of the lower curve black tutors but I'm not sure what to cut, probably some of my creature bombs.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/silas-renn-staxcontrol/
>>
>>51300367
w-what?
>>
>>51300412
If you liked that, check out my old Oloro list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dubstep-control-with-dj-oloro-copy-2/

I had to essentially remake the entire deck because my playgroup got too salty about it. They still get PTSD every time I ask if I can add Humility back in.

I regret selling my Tabernacle... Especially when it spiked $500 a month later
>>
>>51296515
Shut up already with thw Doubling Season, Desolator. Nobody cares about you and only views you get is either out of pity or just to see what kind of laughable shit you've come up now.
>>
>>51300472
You forgot the worst and least balanced ever - Zendikar vs Eldrazi.

Also, Speed vs Cunning best duel deck ever
>>
File: thopter baby.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
thopter baby.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
So I want to build Hope of Ghirapur control.

What are some good durdly colorless cards.
>>
>>51300620
During my prerelease prize pack draft we were talking shit about desolator the entire time.

He is the saddest magic player on youtube. And he pretty much guaranteed browses 4chan
>>
>>51300615
attrition is awful in that deck
>>
File: Nim Deathmantle.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Nim Deathmantle.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>51300700
Because fuck that one guy in particular, no noncreature spells for you.
>>
File: speed v cunning.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
speed v cunning.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>51300640

a flgs owner friend sold me an entire case of speed vs. cunning decks for $20 once because he had just bought the store from the previous owner and he was way overstocked on them. I still have one in its packaging sitting on the shelf above me.
>>
File: Anti-Pope.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Pope.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Planning on building a Cabal Patriarch deck themed around the Cabal, anyone got any ideas? Obviously Patriarchs Bidding, Chainer, and Cabal Ritual are included. Any ideas? General black goodstuff is okay, but zombies are overused so I want to keep those to a minimum.
>>
>>51300802

clerics, duh
>>
>>51300776

my name is little bongo
i sing a little song-o
i sing it all day long-o
my name is little bongo
>>
>>51300776
>>51300640
Was Speed vs Cunning particularly bad or what?
>>
>>51300700
You're going to have a super hard time.

Almost no counter spells, kill spells, or tutors, and what you have is usually only playable turn 4 or later, or is playable early and sucks ass.
>>
>>51300822

at the time it just wasn't worth anything.

the two decks actually play really well.

my brother and I took the decks and rebuilt them each into competitive decks using playsets from the case.

it was VERY fun.
>>
>>51298719
Seriously, what is wrong with people? I get the same shit when I play my Brion and people keep focusing me down, when there's Animar and god knows what degenerates also playing.
They always also say the same excuse "I know what your decks are capable of" and it just reeks of mad salt caused by Memnarch
>>
>>51300704
Well, to be fair, I don't think there's much positive things to say about him. He's bad at Magic and constantly talks out of his ass.
I subscribed him at one point, but got fed up with the constant tinfoil hat, whining and every second word being overpowered so I just made like a tree and got out of there.
Hopefully no one listens to his 'advice'
>>
>>51300709
but he's running reanimation cards and Phyrexian Reclamation AND has zero removal bar those stupidly high CMC creatures that are there for his commander

it's criminal how little removal this mono Black deck is running.
>>
>>51300943
But most of the creatures aren't cast, so Attrition wouldn't be that helpful anyway.
Reanimation would be much more helpful, since with a pitching commander, there's never enough of that.
Besides, imagine. Corpse Dancing Fleshbag Marauder 3 times in a single turn with Panharmonicon out.
>>
Can anyone evaluate my Oloro lifegain deck? It feels a little lackluster but I don't know what to do to improve it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/s-i-t-t-i-n-g-w-a-i-t-i-n-g-w-i-s-h-i-n-g/
>>
>>51296903
As opposed to all that terrible advice everyone else is giving you.

Fittingly, Volrath's Stronghold is very good in a Volrath deck. Helps you get back that Draco. Mortuary Mire kinda does the same, but only once, but is a budget option.
Soul of Innistrad is great. The +6/+6 is kinda meh, but having an activated ability from the yard is great, and it's cheap.
Metalwork Colossus is 11 mana.
Hall of the Bandit Lord, best haste enabler.
Strands of Night is one of the better reanimator enchantments.
Basalt Monolith for turn 3-4 commander.
Haunted Cloak and Chariot of Victory are great equipments for a hasty kill.
Crypt of Agadeem is a bit slow, but if your games tend to last longer than turn 8-9 then you could consider it.
Infernal Darkness for enemy colorscrew

>>51300943
And so you are suggesting a card that requires him to SACRIFICE a creature to destroy another?
In a deck that doesn't play any creature but his commander, or reanimate big stuff from his graveyard?
>>
Am I a bad person for playing Jokulhaups?
>>
>>51296903
eh I can kind of understand. the first dude having a hard on for phyrexian obliterator and trying to convince you to throw it in the deck when it has no real synergy and is expensive as hell is weird, but the other guy obviously just misread the card.
>>
>>51301008
and what happens when someone casts merciless eviction on all his reanimated fatties?
>>
>>51301022
No, if you're playing enchantments or Faith's reward or fun stuff. Yes, if you play memefriends or cast it just "for teh lulz" although it's the only reason anyone does anything.
>>
What kind of archetypes are good for a Big Black Deck besides reanimator?
>>
>>51300867
>>51298719
Maybe it's because I've watched too many Magic versus videos on YouTube with players helping their opponents make the best decisions given the information available, but I like being upfront about what I'm capable of, and I like my opponents to do the same. My opponents could waste their time going back through the last couple turns trying to figure out how much danger they're in if they let me untap with Grenzo, or they could just ask me "Do you know what's on the bottom of your library?" -Yes, I scried 3 cards to the bottom. "Can you go off with what you have?" -I have many cards in my deck that could let me go off this turn, yes.

It's not giving them any new information, it's just speeding up the decision process and letting the game progress at a fast pace without people constantly pausing to make sure they haven't missed anything. Like if I ask my opponent what free counterspells he runs in his deck, I expect him to answer truthfully instead of forcing me to find his list on tappedout because I know he has it there but I don't want to force people to watch me look it up on my phone.
>>
>>51301066
He casts his commander again and continues to beat face?
>>
>>51301008
why is sacrifice a problem in monoblack, especially since you've established it's also a reanimation deck?
>>
>>51301066
Same thing that happens to every deck that plays creatures.
>>
>>51295745
Wow lefties are really this delusional. Confirmation bias sucks broseph
>>
>>51301104
unless, you know, you sacrifice them to attrition in response
>>
File: EDH Decks.png (352KB, 792x702px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.png
352KB, 792x702px
Just finished refitting Atraxa from Jenara. Anyone see any glaring issues or slots I can swap for sideboard stuff (aside from moonlace. Moonlace is VERY important to the decks functioning.)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/guw-counterssuperfriends/

Other two are here if you want to look at them also.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-07-15-voltron-cromat/
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pile-o-black-cards/
>>
File: storm-eyes.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
storm-eyes.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>51301104
>>
>>51301122
To destroy creatures that were going to be destroyed anyway. If it were spawning pit or something you'd have a point.
>>
>>51301161
no anon, it saves them from exile, since they are the fuel you will be cycling into/out of the graveyard and hand in order to beef up the commander
>>
>>51301084
I usually play mind games and persuade my opponents to ignore me if I can. I usually win easily too and that helps too. The guys are just too dumb to learn from their mistakes, or more importantly, they can't figure out what of my permanents is a threat.
Someone tried to Disenchant my Aura of Silence when I had Necropotence out for god's sake. That guy wasn't even playing anything that AoS was hindering, aside from maybe few mana rocks.
>>
>>51296903
Thanks, anon, I needed a good laugh.
>>
>>51301178
If that were the case, why the fuck would the creatures be on the field instead of somewhere relevant?
>>
>>51301151
Cromat looks pretty fun, ive never played voltron before though.
>>
>>51301198
are you retarded?

the deck clearly has reanimation cards and targets

you are also failing to provide an argument for why this monoblack deck has zero interaction with opponent's creatures

put in Living Death if nothing else, holy shit
>>
>>51301160
I thought of that shit line when I wrote that post and almost changed it but didn't bother to.
That line is just so bad that I can't even enjoy the first movie anymore and I love cheeses. That's just soul-crushingly bad.
>>
>>51301181
If your opponents are bad and you usually win easily, wouldn't you want to either find a new group, or help them improve in order to have more interesting games? What kind of satisfaction do you get out of what you're doing?
>>
>>51301224
Well, it's not my deck. I feel like monoblack needs removal, but Attrition isn't that great in a monoblack deck that isn't creature spam. I would rather use Footbag Marinade or Merciless Executioner.
You're giving way too much credit to Attrition, it's no Aura Shards.
>>
>>51301281
Honestly ashnod's and a couple kill spells would be fine. I'm just shocked at both the complete absence of removal and no quick and easy way to make the dudes you do put out on the field dodge exile/steal effects when the deck's color has plenty of tools that facilitate both.
>>
>>51301280
I already have 4 groups, which include 2 LGS's. I have been coaching the people whenever they started, but some people won't just learn, but thankfully not everyone is as thick.
I have too much faith on these people, but at least some people have been interested in learning so not everything has gone to waste.
My enjoyment comes from others learning and me learning as well. I wish I would be a judge, but I am forgetful and all I need is a L2 to arrange the test for me and the practice judging.
Still, I don't think that being a judge changes anything.
>>
>>51301181
>I usually play mind games and persuade my opponents to ignore me if I can
I hate people like that so much. They always think they're being master rusemans and the worst of them will complain whenever you interact with their shit.

I've seen one of those faggots complain that everyone else played poorly and that's why he lost.
>>
>>51301317
Maybe it's a meta thing, but no one plays Merciless Eviction around here, at least from what I've seen. Normal wraths are common though, along with artifact/chant MD, and sometimes lands as well. Exile is pretty rare outside from RiP and Leyline of the Void and spot removal.
Living Death is a brilliant card and wraths should be included.
Just that Attrition hasn't done any work for me in ages, and whenever it would've, it'd only act as a bad sac outlet.
>>
So, I've been wanting to build a monoblack deck, but I can't choose, and I'd like to hear your experiences with these commanders and archetypes. The options I'm considering are:
1: Horobi "target fucking everything"
2: Erebos black goodstuff
3: Endrek "sacrifice fucking everything"
4: Gonti "steal your shit tribal"
5: Phage "woops, you lost"

Do any of you have experience with these decks? How are they?
>>
>>51301423
my recommendation goes to 4, or 5

erebos can be powerful but repetitive/boring, Gonti seems like he will give you the most replay value and I just like the idea of working around a black card's drawback
>>
>>51301401
Well, it's gonna end up sounding like that in the internet anyway.
I can reason with people pretty well and I'm decent at convincing and I usually can shift their attention elsewhere.
I'm pretty honest guy though and I only do it if I play with people that aren't new or if the others are being jackasses.
You can believe what you want and I won't bother explaining this any further, since it's impossible to not sound like a total autist or a gloating faggot.
I just know what I'm doing and I can do my thing without tipping fedoras.
>>
>>51301488
My biggest worry with phage is that she's just gonna be really bad. I'd have to run a lot of tutors for torpor orb and command beacon, graveyard to hand recursion, equipments to actually allow her to swing and hit an opponent. Not to mention shitloads of protection for when I actually cast her.

That'd be a pretty big part of the deck already, I just don't know what I should do in the meantime to not lose.
>>
>>51301423
Phage is way too fragile to work properly.
Most monoblack decks are pretty samey, so Erebos and Gonti at least would be pretty similar. Horobi is cool, but seems too fragile as well to be uses effectively, aside from creatureless deck. Endrek however is pretty good and can recommend. His mana cost is pretty hefty, though.
>>
>>51301526
sundial of the infinite, fampai
>>
>>51299302
>> Boros Reckoner with Pariah and Archangel Avacyn on the field.
>> Cast this and copy with reiterate
>> mfw I have no other artifacts in my deck with 50+ cards still left
>>
>>51301571
I don't think one extra card that gives me the ability to alt cast would "solve" the strategy. I'm more worried about taking turns to set up, and then when I finally cast her she just gets countered.
>>
File: IMG_1346.png (250KB, 748x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1346.png
250KB, 748x710px
Hey /EDHg/ I'm looking to put together a toshiro umezawa deck but I need a way to deal with artifacts and enchantments other than disk. Any ideas or advice? I know there's that one 4 drop exile everything from m15
>>
>>51297240

Not a card, just a playmat by Noah Bradley.

Also, to contribute, some spicy tech: Deadeye Navigator + Peregrine Drake for infinite mana.
>>
>>51301719
unstable obelisk, spine of ish sha, oblivion stone, gate to phyrexia, all is dust, null rod
>>
>>51301719
Why would you put this picture with your post?
>>
>>51298250
>>51298313
Maybe I'm just all about the good eats instead or something, but I always preferred the Ulamog Wastes instead. At $4 a pop, sounds kinda sweet compared to the thought that eventually, I'm going to need to foil out my Snow-Covered Islands.
>>
File: vraska.png (237KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
vraska.png
237KB, 500x625px
Do you put foreign cards in your decks?

Do you have them all in the same language?
>>
>>51301857
>Do you put foreign cards in your decks?
Yes

>Do you have them all in the same language?
No
>>
>>51301857
>What decks
Whatever decks use them
>Same decks
Why would I do that?

I try and find japanese singles of Kamigawa cards and that's really it. Other than that I don't care about the language for 'pimp' purposes.
>>
>>51300822
It's worth like $12 at most. The MSRP is $25.
Elspeth vs Tezzere's EV was $80 on release and it still shelf-warmed for a couple months.
Duel Decks have a pretty limited market so unless they're great people act like they suck harder than any other mediocre product put forth.
>>
>>51300867
Maybe your playgroup hates you and wants to play with you as little as possible but you don't get the hint.
>>
Furnace of Rath y/n?

i have no defence the downside is probably too large but still
>>
>>51302018
Dictate of the Twin Gods then to ensure you at least get the best outta it initially
>>
>>51302018
Nice context, what kind of deck are you playing?

I see it in red splashed groupslug deck alongside the dictate and gratuitous violence or whatever. There are a few other damage doublers.
>>
not to be an edgelord but I really love monoblack. there are so many super powerful and fun generals. i want to build like six black edh decks
>>
>>51301857
>Do you put foreign cards in your decks?
yes
>Do you have them all in the same language?
no
>>
File: lilbuddy.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
lilbuddy.png
136KB, 223x311px
I'm looking for some critique. I never played voltron before, so I have no idea what balance of creatures/rocks/utilities to equipment I should have.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sad-machine/
>>
>>51302173
Who's really pulling the strings?
>>
File: 132[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
132[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>51302269
>>
File: 1425352255781.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425352255781.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>Played at FLGS as usual this week
>Had some okay games but... just bored...
>Blah blah we all set up, someone eventually combos out with money cards

Maaaan I didn't think it could ever get this way but the format has been feeling really stagnant lately. I get more enjoyment out of building decks than I do playing.
>>
File: Image (17).jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (17).jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>51302405
You know what to do.
>>
>>51302405
I have been having this problem for a while, and as a result I want to sell off a shit ton of my cards and get out of MtG.

Games just have not been interesting to me anymore lately.
>>
>>51301752
Cool, I'll look into these
>>51301838
I'm using my phone and needed some sort of picture to stand out from the crowd.
>>
>>51302469

Yeah, I'm considering selling out too.

I know whenever I bring this up people try to talk me out of it, but... well... to spare you the long blog post, the main reason I got into MtG is no longer present so I am just collecting/playing out of habit and I think I'd be totally cool if I could get a good percentage of my roughly $4000 collection to put towards some meaningful long-term stuff.

The only question is what method to sell-out. Just the whole thing on Craigslist, cash only?
>>
>>51302482
Also, it isn't cost efficient, but it IS an instant, so you may consider Scour from Existence.
>>
>>51302405
>>51302469

Sounds like you have shit playgroups or even worse are playing at an LGS that offers prizes for playing commander.

We get some drinks and sit around a table at a buddies how and will get 5+ 3-4 player games in and always have a great time.

Before I was going to an LGS that had a EDH night but it was competitive as shit and plagued with crazy decks.

I was able to take apart my competitive sharuum (that had previously been a pretty good oloro deck) and make 4 decks using a bunch of the cards I had and they were still too good when my current playgroup was starting.
>>
>>51302455
I prefer other options
>>
File: Toshiro Umezawa.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Toshiro Umezawa.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>51302173
I'm building Toshiro EDH right now. Just the amount of bonkers stuff I can do is amazing. Tutors for days, boardwipes, effecient removal, big dumb threats.
It's just the tops.
>>
>>51302552

Well, I didn't intend to blog but:

I got into MtG two years ago when I moved to a new job in a new state and was really struggling emotionally and joining my company playgroup was a great bonding experience that got me through some tough times. Now the office playgroup has not played in 9+ months. Many were laid off, others are just never interested in staying past 5. I've been going to some of the FLGS lately. The people are nice and we have a fair bit of fun. But it just isn't the same to me and I don't need it to fill the hole it previously did.

I have a special premium binder of cards I won't part with, largely for favorite-art reasons (big Guay, Neilsen, and Ejsing fan).
>>
>>51295745
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/primer-competitive-erebos-god-of-mana/

shilling
>>
>>51302405
You have reached the natural progression of every casual edh group. Solitaire jank combo, where everyone assembles increasingly stupid tiers of cards in complete isolation from each other.

Don't feel like this is your fault either, is the banlist and the stupid people making it cultivating a very particular attitude.

Convince your group to try the French banlist. I know it's for duels, but it's infinitely better.
>>
File: mtg.jpg (772KB, 1500x1941px) Image search: [Google]
mtg.jpg
772KB, 1500x1941px
>>51302632
I feel for you, brother. My time for moving across the world is getting close, and I worry over not getting the same feeling playing without the friends I've made.
>>
>>51301719
>deal with artifacts
creature Karn. turn them into creatures then kill them
>>
>>51303456
How autistic do you have to be to make one of these? Just wondering.
>>
>>51303719
>>51303456

At least autistic enough to think rafiq Voltron van be unfair.

Sheldon is that you?
>>
File: 1399572785572.jpg (47KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1399572785572.jpg
47KB, 500x403px
>>51295489
>Tell us a tale of your LGS
I've got a whopping two in a fifty mile radius of me. The first one is foremost a gaming/tournament center, but they stock a good amount of your typical Magic fare. They host Smash Bros and frequent draft events among other card and tabletop shenanigans.

Second one is a comics and games store. Probably the more popular option for larger events, prereleases, D&D, and FNM. Most of their prices are reasonable or MSRP, though I'm hard pressed to not order from Amazon anything MTG-related that's over $20. For fuck's sake, they're still trying to sell the Planechase Anthology for MSRP.

Both are generally good and have gotten my patronage equally. Nothing really terrible has happened at either. They're okay.

Kinda wish their singles offerings were more robust, but oh well.
>>
When kruphix is your commander is it better to ration your mana and use it on regular cmc spells or do you more often save up and blow your load on an (X) spell?
>>
Jarad is my favorite commander by far. All the stupid as hell combos you can set up with him if your enemy is unprepared are hilarious and make for quick wins. And even if you can't win early getting Lord of Extinction out late game means you can kill everyone in one sacrifice.

The Phyrexian Devourer combo is by far one of the silliest ones to do, if your opponents are tapped out when you start it they are 100% fucked
>>
>>51298694
they're auto includes if you can run them reasonably. they thin your deck and they provide card quality for almost nothing. i'd say they're even better in edh since you don't have to keep up with someone else's tempo, you can just pop them in between your bigger spell casts
>>
>>51298746
i'm in the process of rebuilding my xenagos into maelstrom wanderer. i don't really see how he's that degenerate, although i'm just building gruul timmy smash with maybe 3 blue cards sprinkled throughout. at least maelstrom is honest about smashing you instead of hiding behind some esper control bullshit and comboing out when no one is paying attention to you.

i know he's going to be too strong for my group. even xenagos was pushing it. but i'm kind of doing this to see how good i can make a deck if i really spike out. it'll be a fun experiment to see if i can 1v3 my casual group with him
>>
I am having trouble finding an interesting Commander to build a deck around. Can anyone recommend me one that makes for an interesting, unique, or otherwise fun to play deck concept that also wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to build around (comparatively at least)? I've already done graveyard shenanigans with Jarad and clone/stealing/milling with Lazav
>>
File: 44.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Any secret tech (that isn't Horobi)?
>>
>>51304232

Gary
>>
>>51304247
Not particularly secret, but I'll take it.
>>
>>51297773
Why does everyone build him as wheels.dec? it has never made any sense to me. Any time I see Yidris I bust out my Nekusar and steal their game from them.
>TFW you kill two people in one turn cause Ydris ClycloRifted the Oring that was covering your megrim the end step before his Wheel of Fate ressolves

Also I repeatedly hear them say "Idk why I put that many Wheels in here."

What is the purpose?
>>
Is it worth playing Memnarch with stax or am I better off dedicating myself to strong ramp and mana doublers, tutors and combos?

It seems the most effective way to run him might just be to steal an artifact for each island I could tap.

At what point do I consider Snow-Covered Islands and an Extraplanar Lens?
>>
File: 1460085990346.png (69KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1460085990346.png
69KB, 900x900px
>>51295489
Store I go to play MTG is nice. I mostly go there because one of the dudes I was buddies with in community college works there and I go there mostly just to visit more than anything now since the shop is so far from home and I don't work in the area anymore. Small shop, players are usually pretty chill but there is a sort of air in the store that they would much rather see their regulars than offer time to newer people. Except the owner, that dude is rad even though he comes off as a bit intimidating at first but that's just because he's also a business man. He opened up a older shop with some dudes and fucked off when he saw it turning into a sinking ship because his business partners were bad at business, bought another dude's store and moved it to a more convenient spot.

They've been robbed once but the robbers only stole yugioh cards and another time someone shot up one of their storefront windows with a bb gun and ran. They haven't sold Yugioh since the robbery.

Going to a closer shop now to play Pathfinder with a coworker and that shop is really nice but I haven't spent enough time there to really get to know anyone. I had a few people ask us if they could join us for future Pathfinder sessions though so I'm assuming it's a chill place. Haven't played Magic there yet.
>>
>>51304253

Just saying

>drop Gary
>kill Gary
>recur Gary

You pay 4 life each time without needing a sac outlet while gaining at least 5 in return.

Otherwise, run Evincar and Night of Souls betrayal to make creatures easier to nuke. Throw in a Midnight Banshee. Sangromancer and Blood Artist effects also help.
>>
File: nirkana-revenant-cropped.jpg (117KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
nirkana-revenant-cropped.jpg
117KB, 464x664px
When will the price go down?
>>
File: 1480711660110.gif (2MB, 230x175px) Image search: [Google]
1480711660110.gif
2MB, 230x175px
>>51304301
>go down

They're going to make it a mythic in MM3
>>
>>51298094
I'm just going to say I've had 100's of my creatures been annihilated by a Wrath of God directed mostly at the token spam dude but rarely do I lose enchantments to wipes directed at others.

Only enchantment wipes I can think of are Fracturing Gust, Bane of Progress, and Merciless Eviction. These are locked in selesnya colors. My nekusar's only hope of getting rid f tough enchanments are chaos warp/scour from existence or politics.

I would take ghostly prison over seedborn muse anyday. This isn't the dies to removal meme. It's just a fact that in commander that the board gets wiped of creatures 2-6 times a game but enchantments usually live to see the end of a game.
>>
>>51304301
who cares, 6 mana acceleration is pretty shit
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>51304342
>>
>>51301181
>this fucking guy
Sincerely, fuck you anon. I have the opposite mentality. I do everything very straight up, I preform my moves deliberately, and I gladly accept defeat when I'm bested. I can't count how many times I've lost to faggots like you because of poor threat assessment by a group.

Yes, I play big stompy decks that build up board presence, but goddamnit at least be aware of format defining combos when I point them out, and don't counter my removal when I'm trying to disrupt them.
>>
>>51304361
Even for commander that's really slow
>>
>>51304375
It's not really slow for big black mana. Especially because you will have other mana doublers and coffers.

Playing this and being able to benefit from it in the same turn is the kind of thing big black mana would do, so it ain't bad.
>>
File: Ancient Runes_TE.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Runes_TE.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Reminder to piss off your local breya, slobad, or memnarch player today!
>>
>>51304605
Doesn't seem that bad, wouldn't be an issue for my Slobad deck. A Daretti deck on the other hand would have a big problem, since you can redirect that damage to him.
>>
File: Queen Marchesa_CN2.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Marchesa_CN2.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
So does anyone have a deck with pic related, or know someone who does? I'd love to hear what some cool cards might be the are good with her, and what deck archetypes she can lead. My first thought is for her to be a draw engine in either a staxy resource denial strategy, or in a mardu token deck.
>>
>>51297773
that's the precon effect. Lots of people get the precon, change like five cards, and keep track of that on tappedout.
>>
>>51303719
Enough to be late to the party, I guess.
>>
File: Antagonism_US.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Antagonism_US.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>51304632
Well I play against one every week, it's basically
1) removal,
2) enchantments that do damage like manabarbs, painful quandary, antagonism.
3)Lots of extort, life gain with soul sisters, and lifegain wincons.
4)pillowfort with a few walkers
>>
>>51304632
just build death and taxes, but with red too. dont forget your MLD
>>
>>51304714
>>51304632

Oh and polluted bonds is good.
>>
>>51304256
The precon utilizes the graveyard through flashback shite and whatnot,and I guess wheels fill all players yards and draw you cards or something? Not really sure. The precon deck does utilize graveyards though, so I can understand, although I wouldn't advocate it
>>
File: Worldspine Wurm_RTR.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Worldspine Wurm_RTR.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
Rules question:

Say I make the mimeoplasm (my commander), enter as worldspine wurm with w/e # of +1/+1 counters.

If my commander was to get destroyed, and I decide to send to graveyard,would I get the three tokens?

Would the second ability also trigger, allowing me to decide to replacement effect mimeoplasm back into command zone?

Thanks
>>
>>51304839
Wait nevermind. I couldn't even have mimeo enter as a copy of it cause it shuffles itself when self milled.

Ignore me, I'm retarded
>>
>>51304714
Like a group slug. I dig it. There's one thing i don't like about the pillowfort plan for marchesa: at some point, somebody will push through your defenses and take that monarchy away somehow, and all those ghostly prisons and shit don't help in getting it back. What are some good evasive guaranteed monarch retakers in mardu colors? so far I'm thinking nether traitor and dauthi embrace. archangel of tithes also seems like it helps on both offense and defense.
>>
Do I wanna run a cyclonic rift in a maelstrom wanderer deck given I might accidentally cascade into it? Or is it good enough to risk?
>>
I want to make an evil themed deck. What commander should I use
>>
>>51305037
Chainer
>>
>>51305017
>Do I wanna run a cyclonic rift

yes
>>
>>51303467
oooh spicy
>>
>>51305017
I don't understand what the problem is. It's not a counterspell. It won't be a "dead" cascade.
>>
>>51302533
What was the main reason for you to play MTG anon?
>>
>>51302533
Sometimes you can sell to your LGS, mine buys collections
>>
>>51305037
Lim-Dûl
Nicol Bolas
Kaervek
Tsabo Tavoc
Tymaret
>>
>>51304368
Well, you didn't read any further of the chain of posts it seems, but I assure you, that you're misunderstanding me. I don't do it with more experienced people. Among new players, I explain each card, what they do and what cards do I have that interact with them and what way and tell them straight up which permanent is the most trouble causing even it's among my stuff, if they need the help or ask it.
I'm upfront with less experienced players, but I'm good at making myself seem insignificant with the others that I assume know what each card does just by telling the card's name and they don't ask or look like they have any questions.
>>
>>51304256
I played against a Ydris deck with wheels in it once.

He took out every single wheel in the deck after that one game.

I used Grinning Totem to steal his Waste Not, then used my Goblin Welder to get it back, cast a Windfall and just comboed out with HIS deck, he did not enjoy that.
>>
File: 109.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
>>51305657

What color should I pair green with if I want to abuse this + isochron scepter and wipe the board constantly?
>>
>>51305705
>>51305657

oops, shouldn't have replied there
>>
>>51304984

Pretty much anything with shadow. Archangel of Tithes is pretty useful too
>>
>>51305705
Play bant, because naya is no good
>>
>>51305705
white i guess. you also got dauntless escorts etc. not to mention avacyn. Karametra is a strong commander for this archetype.
>>
>>51305959

Karametra looks good, yeah

>>51305842
If I had to play three colors I'd probably pick Naya anyways for the red MLD
>>
>>51305657
fucking love grinning totem. in my lazav deck it's basically bribery but as my hexproof commander.
full of "lol i use your stuff against y'all". last time geth, lord of the vault just took goblin welders and swords of feast and famine.
>>
>>51303456

Care to share you angel waifu's decklist?
>>
>>51298665
Assault Suit, say no more
>>
File: quicken.jpg (113KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
quicken.jpg
113KB, 358x500px
>>51298665
Hes amazing. You just have to get used to holding priority and knowing when your hand is about to go away. Anyways I think quicken is pretty strong in Arjun.
>>
>>51306323
Why quicken, as opposed to other cantrips? By the time it resolves you don't even know if you will have a sorcery in hand right?
>>
>>51306454
Not him but that seems to be the exact reason why, if he hits a sorcery he can fire it off right away where other cantrips wont do much
>>
/tg i need more wincons for my Gitrog deck, i only have one "real" wincon atm, Skirge familiar + Gitrog + Dakmor Salvage and Exsanguinate. But if this gets disrupted i can only rely on beatdown. I need one more wincon, help plz tg
>>
>>51306564
>But if this gets disrupted i can only rely on beatdown
Worm Harvest+Blood Artist+sac outlet?
>>
>>51306564
Crawler?
>>
>>51306564
Titania?
>>
I'm in the process of building Skullbriar, how's this list?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/skullbriar-duel-commander-1/
>>
>have used 6 commanders in the last 3 months
>play Kruphix LN
>everyone is aware of power level
>didn't win any of the 3 games
>but I warped the games so much I became a target
>best commander games in our play group by far last night

I really just need a wincon and some better ways to use the mana. Feels so good
>>
>>51303441
The next step is stax to counter the combo's.
>>
>>51304054

You're not seeing the degeneracy because you are only thinking about casting it the one time. Nobody only casts Maelstrom Wanderer once.
>>
>>51306823
Walking Ballista, dump N mana into it, hit someone, blast their face off.
>>
>>51306754
That is actually pretty nice.

>>51306759
Who??

>>51306765
Yup, if i could only get my hands on her. Seems like there are none in my area.
>>
>>51306564
Splendid reclamation + ob nixilis the fallen.
>>
>>51307054
That could work along Retreat to Hagra, Scrib Nibblers. It seems Gitrog is a good choice for landfall.dek
>>
Thoughts?

Feedback is appreciated.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-suspense-is-real-1/
>>
File: Image-135.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-135.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>51304853
Pic related will let your Wurm stay in the GY but it might throw a wrench in some of your other plans.
>>
>>51307134
I would go for some effects that prevents everyone else in the group to target you when you put several eldrazi in suspend. You also need a way to kill sideboarded processors plus protect your Jhoira
>>
>>51300724
Re-equipping all else would be a bitch, but I should check to see if I don't have one laying around, since it's a pretty good equipment in general.

>>51300835
I mean, I'm playing a tier 4 general, so I'm not expecting powerhouses, but I did include a warping wail so I have SOME countermagic until I find an extra Null Brooch. I feel like 1 board wipe and 3 pieces of spot removal isn't too bad for a deck which doesn't focus on it. And past inventor's fair, and excluding kudoltha forgemaster, I'm at a loss for tutors? Most damningly, I've never made voltron before, nor many equipment heavy decks at all, so I have little idea how to scale equipment. But I'm pretty sure I'll have a rough time transitioning from my foreseeably solid early game to my late game, where my only strategy would be "chuck a keyring of $words at my opponent and pray it hurts."
>>
>>51295835
I think we've reached critical mass of available mana rocks that all colours have got good ramp.
>>
>>51295835
White really only has plains ramp (land tax, tithe, weathered wayfarer), and blue's ramp only really consists of cost reduction for artifacts, instants and sorceries.
>>
>>51308008
>>51308008
Wow, this thread almost expired. New thread is up.
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.