[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 73

Surprisingly Dickish Commanders Edition

Last Thread >>51266706

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread Topic:
>What is your favorite colour and why?
>>
First for big guy commanders
>>
I want to play the deck that will instantly mark me with total hatred from the entire table.
>>
File: aurelia.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
aurelia.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
Second for Boros needs some love too.
>>
File: feature142_g.png (361KB, 620x565px) Image search: [Google]
feature142_g.png
361KB, 620x565px
>>51282455
Forgot pic
>>
>>51282472
Tryhard Derevi stasis. They'll hate you and they won't even be able to do anything about it.
>>
>>51282433
How is she dickish if she just draws cards?
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51282433
>>51282479
Thread topic: Green, my first deck ever was a Green ramp intro deck, I love big creatures with massive mana costs and trample, and this big boy is my favourite Commander and has great Lore, his whole deck is evolution and tangle themed.
>>
File: 1474683931268.jpg (68KB, 532x485px) Image search: [Google]
1474683931268.jpg
68KB, 532x485px
>>51282455
>>
>>51282496
I'm not sure and I assume OP has a good explanation. I'm assuming it's a bit like Sygg where the commander looks fairly non-threatening but allows one to milk so much value out of regular game actions it ends up taking over a game with mediocre players not even realizing what's going on until it's too late.
>>
>>51282477
Sigarda's Aid is the most Boros-friendly card WotC has printed in a while
>>
been planning on remaking my first edh deck solknar the swamp king, any recommendations for fun tech?
>>
>playing some commander
>one guy on neku
>another on mono black
>dont even remember what the 4th guy was playing because they were irrelevant
>neku making everyone dicard their hands and time spirals all the graveyards back into the deck and still has a magus of the wheel on the board
>mono black guy has a liliana vess on the field and decide to taget that because she was on 6 loyalty and all these creatures that will soon be in the graveyard from the neku discard
>he shits himself in rage at me because I didn't swing for 8 damage at the neku player yelling at me how he was the bigger threat
>tell him that i don't want lili to ult because I knew there was going to be more mass discard
>he says "hurr time spiral theres no graveyard i can tutor up stuff to help" as the neku player is going off his chops making everyone discard their hand 3 times into Liliana's Caress
>he then says "oh look what's happening" like my 8 damage instead into the nekus 38 health lifepool was going to destroy a bunch of neku's enchants
>"i could have tutored up something" the mono black player tells me as everyone on the board dies before he had a turn to even do ANYTHING with a Liliana Vess let alone survive another turn after that to draw the tutored card off Liliana Vess

I love these stupid people
>>
Any anons have experience with stax type decks? I put this together but I'm not sure about how viable it is.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kamiunism-1/
>>
>>51282675
Only if you're playing some kind of voltron deck with a high density of auras and equipments. And those are bad even by Boros standards.
>>
>>51282433

In order:

Green: I'm a Timmy at heart. I love big creatures, stomping through with Commander damage, turning guys sideways. It's fun. There's are reason my mono-green Molimo deck is my most consistent.

Red: Goblins are my favorite of the major tribes and there's nothing like the feeling of burning someone to ashes. I like that it's fairlyb straightforward like Green, with some more chances for clever tricks or random amazing plays.

Blue: Sometimes Blue is too smart for me. I love all the answers it offers and the ability to have all of those answers at once, but I get paralyzed by possibility. Still, it's the color that most makes me feel like a Wizard.

Black: I get that Black wins whatever the cost, but I often just don't like how playing Black feels. It's too cruel, I suppose, too harsh in every action and response.

White: I know it's more than just Angels, weenies, and lifegain, but it's boring.
>>
>>51282433
Blue, I really enjoy countermagic and the mindgames of playing around other people's counterspells
>>
>>51282992
>SFM, Jitte + Swords + Batterskull, Stonehewer Giant, Sunforger
>bad
>>
>>51282433
Thread topic: black. Putting aside the edgy memes I always enjoyed villain characters and the "power for a price" paradigm. Bob's flavor text says it best. My very first deck was basically 20 doom blades and vampire nighthawk as my win con

Follow up color is blue following the line of thought that it's fun to be a dick.
>>
>>51283117
The cards you listed are good. A voltron deck with a high density of auras and equipments is bad. Like, how many fucking equipments do you need to put on the board to win a game? I rarely see a use for more than 2. Why are SFM and Stonehewer good? Because they get you those equipments.

What does Sigarda's Aid do? Let me cast those for free if I plop down Sigarda's Aid first, and if I have those equipments in my hand? That's really fucking underwhelming. How many equipments do you need to run in your deck to make Sigarda's Aid worth running? How many equipments will you play that benefit from that card over the course of a typical EDH game?

Sigarda's Aid is a card that -maybe- does something and that's just not good enough in EDH.
>>
>>51283194
>let me cast those for free
Equip those for free. In my defense, I'm drunk.
>>
>>51282992
Sunforger and Skullclamp are Boros essentials. If you run Jor Kadeen and Puresteel Paladin, piling on even more equipment is certainly not bad.
>>51283194
>>51283206
It also allows you to cast them with instant speed, at any time you could cast an instant.
>opponent's creature is attacking
>cast skullclamp for 1 and chump block to draw 2
I agree that being reliant on what cards you have in your hand is a weakness, but it's still pretty solid. Another fun equipment to flash into play is Worldslayer.
>>
>>51283194
11 equips has been enough for me, auras aren't reliable enough

You are also neglecting to mention they can be played/equipped at instant speed.

It's also ONE mana
>>
>>51283194
How is a 1 drop that allows you to assemble you all the equips and auras you need on your commander more easily bad? I'm voltron player, so I'm probably bias to it's effectiveness. But I cannot wrap my head around how it's a terrible card.
>>
>>51283241
>being reliant on what cards you have in your hand is a weakness
That's what recruiter of the guard and it's impossibly overpriced, older cousin are for.
>>
>>51283255
I'd argue that 11 is too much but if it works in your list, then good for you. I just can't ever find that much room for equipments in my Boros builds.
>>51283255
>It's also ONE mana
It's also not a card, on its own. It's a mulligan. It might lead to some "gotcha" moment where you blank someone's removal spell or blow them out in combat by equipping something at instant speed but I find that Boros can hardly afford to run cards like that. I'd rather run more threats or more interaction most of the time.
>>
File: 1459337364628.png (104KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459337364628.png
104KB, 450x300px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cellular-modular-interactivodular/

What do you think, boys? Arcbound subtheme tries to use both generals effectively.
>>
>>51282433
I want to make proxies of all the resserved list cards that have new(er) art in MTGO.
I know the ancient secrets of photoshop so I can make them myself, I just need to know if there's a site where decent resolution art can be found and if there is a non-chinaman company that may do it for me?
>>
>>51283283
What it does is good, but it costs you a card. Card advantage is the area where Boros is weakest. That's why I don't think Sigarda's Aid is all that good. But I can't fault people for running it, I run Reconnaissance as a 1-mana enchantment that doesn't do all that much just because I like having the last word on whatever happens in combat. It's definitely not a better card than Sigarda's Aid, it just suffers from exactly the same problem. Being effectively -1 cards for you in the game.
>>
>>51283316
anon, it turns those equipment/auras INTO interactive spells
>>
>>51283368
Godo & Sun Titan greatly appreciate it's synergy
>>
How are you supposed to run defensive countermagic?

If I have a commander-centric deck and my commander costs 4 CMC, am I just supposed to durdle until turn 5-7 when I can cast my commander and a counterspell?
>>
>>51282433
>What is your favorite color and why?

Black, literally all but 1 of my edh decks features black, 2 golgari, breya, and BUG. The other is Simic. As to why I like black I like having access to the most direct targeted kill cards.

>>51283427
4 cmc overall or as in they are 3/4 colors with cmc 4? Sounds like you need to sort out your lands and mana rocks, any good hand can get out a 5 cmc dual color on turn 2 with proper land and rocks
>>
>>51283427
Depends on the opponents and the board. I run a very interactive Ephara list and tapping out to cast her early in the game is scary as fuck. Sometimes you can afford to it, because you know you're not going to lose before you untap, but other times it's going to be better to wait until you can cast your commander and keep counterspell backup.

Having Force of Will and random shit like Commandeer in your deck can help a lot as it lets you represent counter magic even when you tap out.
>>
>>51283486
>Sounds like you need to sort out your lands and mana rocks, any good hand can get out a 5 cmc dual color on turn 2 with proper land and rocks
I'm thinking of moving to Christmas Magicland too, how's the weather there this time of year?
>>
>>51283427
free/cheap counterspells are better at defending your own threat than stopping an opponent's. Swan song, force of will, and foil are great at protecting yourself
>>
>>51283513
Don't be a wise ass anon. Its not my fault people don't run decent rocks
>>
>>51283539
>any good hand can cast a 5-drop on turn 2
RE: Photos from my trip to Christmas Magicland
>>
>>51283427
Probably the best counterspell in EDH is Boots and Greaves.
As long as you can keep your commander on the board for the equip to resolve, that solves a fairly large number of problems.
>>
>>51283647
You're cute.
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
So I was looking through some old cards because I was cleaning and found some copies of pic related.

I want to build Marrow-Gnawer tribal rats, but after thinking about it; this card is actually pretty cash.

If you're paying anything with lots of sac effects, and Grave Pact effects, this card can generate tons of deathtouch value.

Post other obscure cards you didn't realize were good
>>
File: Garsh.jpg (17KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Garsh.jpg
17KB, 600x315px
>>51283655
>>
>>51283486
It's Grixis Marchesa, so I can't easily cheat the mana cost with artifact ramp. I already run all the signets and talismans.

>>51283647
I've tried that, but my playgroup is wising up and saves removal whenever they see hexproof equipment on the board.
>>
>>51283581
>I'll just be a faggot because I got proven wrong

Good now we can move on
>>
>>51283581
Maybe he only plays UG
>>
File: SolRing.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
SolRing.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>51283703
It looks bad at first but I've been playing with it a lot and I think it's a lot better than most people would think. Plus it's super cheap.
>>
>>51283756
Even in UGx, casting a 5-drop on turn 2 is a really fucking great hand, not just "any good hand".
>>
>>51283735
Well I guess the problem is to stop playing against blue players

>>51283782
Literally any colors can turn 2 drop 5 cmc commanders
>>
>>51283581
I dunno man I saw some guy go t1 land, crypt, sol ring.
>>
>>51283815
No one's arguing that they can't. We're mocking the concept that "any good hand" can. Because that's fucking Christmas Magicland.
>>51283830
And I've cast Maelstrom Wanderer on turn 2. That doesn't mean it's likely to happen or even a thing you should expect from "any good hand".
>>
What is the "stax" playstyle/deck? I keep hearing about it, but i dont have a group of people to play edh with so most of my knowledge is from wonky 2hg with my brother.
>>
>>51283871
You must think 5 lands and darksteel ingot + sol ring is a christmas hand with your dumbass logic
>>
>>51283909
That doesn't cast a 5-drop on turn 2 you absolute genius. Also, any hand with Crypt, Vault or Sol Ring along with 2+ lands is immediately a way-above-average hand.
>>
>>51283906
Stax is just a shorthand for resource denial strategies. They come in many different shapes and sizes ranging from hatebears like Gaddock Teeg, to permanent sacrifice/tap like smokestack(the card stax is named after) or tanglewire. MLD is a frequent theme of the archetype.
>>
>>51283930
Then enlighten me, master faggot, since you know so much aboit christmas that you might as well be sucking santa's cock
>>
>>51283906
Stax is any combination of not getting to attack/not getting to play spells/not getting to do anything.
White is very good at it, blue is pretty good, with most of the dedicated commanders being WU. The other colors can work in it, but WU is the big one.

If anyone runs Propaganda/Moat/Grand Arbiter Augustin IV, they are running a Stax deck.

>>51283962
This anon is also correct.
>>
>>51283971
Enlighten you about what exactly?
>>
>>51283356
Why not run Tezzeret agent of bolas?
>>
>>51283991
My dick
>>
>>51284038
I could enlighten that but the light in question is hidden very deep in my anal cavity, see if you can reach it so that we may, together, shed some light on your dick
>>
>>51283356
Arcbound Ravager
>>
>>51282884
Please, anyone, I just want my friends to hate me ;_;
>>
>>51283990
>>51283962
Awesome, thanks guys. It sounds like one of those decks thats super fun in theory until everyone hates you.
>>
>>51284070
Eww

I'm telling Mike Pence
>>
>>51283990
Black is also quite good at stax, the whole sacrifice part of stax strategies generally only happens in black.
>>
>>51284113
We talk about Daretti stax and Derevi stasis earlier as two prime examples of cancer decks. You could look into those to get some ideas.

Teferi stasis is also pretty fucking annoying.
>>
>>51284127
I've been fapping to pictures of Pence while shocking my balls with electricity, I'm ready for him.
>>
>>51284135
Fair enough. I don't tend to consider sacrifice as a direct part of Stax because it tends to be an entirely different archetype, though I suppose it makes perfect sense once you think about it.
>>
>>51284404
Well, smokestack is the stereotypical stax card, and that's based around sacrifixe. Not to mention Braids.
>>
>>51284125
If everyone's cool with it, stax is a great addition to your meta
>>
>>51284030
Because he sucks.

>>51284096
That's 40 dollarydoos
>>
>>51284482
This. Stax keeps metas in check, ensures people can't just play "ramp to 7-drops" all day. A meta without stax is incomplete, just like a meta without aggro+MLD.
>>
>>51282571
I was wamting to do that with the ug elf from kaladesh but wasnt sure if that would work.
>>
>>51284511
>agent of bolas sucks

How do you even know until you played it?
>>
>>51283368
Like it's not like boros has shit ton of 1 drops, it's not a dead draw and it still has it's use early and late game. To me, It's a good card.
>>
>>51282433
>Favorite color and why
Black. I like Drawing a bunch of cards, and I like the trade offs that black provides. Life becoming a new Resource to be used like mana is very fun to me.
It also lets me quickly shut down the board, with stuff like Drown In Sorrow, Languish, Damnation etc.
I'm actually building my first monoblack deck because I realized how much I liked it in Legacy and Alesha Reanimator, as well as supporting me in Saskia with card draw and bitterblossom.
>>
Hey, /edhg/, how much draw would you say is enough in a deck? Like, for example, in a black deck, would necropotence, phyrexian arena, sign in blood, and night's whisper be enough?
>>
>>51284999
Card draw is one of the most powerful mechanics in EDH. It's hard to strike the careful balance between not enough and too much, but I'd say that you're probably leaning towards the former, especially if you don't have tutors.
>>
>>51284999
The only way to answer that question is for you to playtest your deck because it depends on way too many factors.
>>
File: xenagosgodofrevels.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
xenagosgodofrevels.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
>>51282433
Favorite color: red. I'm all about fury and passion and hitting shit quickly and fire and motherfucking dragons. I can't be bothered to plan things when wumping somebody upside the head until they're dead usually works. This makes life in Commander tough at times, but Green is a great color to pair it with, as evidenced by my signature Commander, Based Xenagod.
>>
File: urborgtombofyawgmoth.png (110KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
urborgtombofyawgmoth.png
110KB, 223x310px
>>51282749
It's obvious, but Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Slap some decent Auras/Enchantments on Sol'Kanar, swing unimpeded, win game. There's probably something craftier you can do with him, considering the colors, but I'm a Timmy. I usually look for ways to smash heads with big creatures.
>>
>>51282433
Red.
-Makes my creatures have haste
-Pumps my creatures to deal more damage
-Has spells that deal direct damage to things
-Has a lot of spells that are similar to blue spells, only their effect and/or scope are "worse" (not inheritly a benefit, but it is interesting to see)
-Typically plays faster than other colors
-Works well with every other color (for what I like to play, anyway)
-Can play non-aggro in atypical ways
>>
>>51282433
>>What is your favorite colour and why?

really hard choice between blue and green. probably blue by a small margin
>>
>>51284999
I run 12 tutor effects and 6 draw effects (7 if you count Scroll Rack) in my Boros deck. The one I most heavily rely on is Skullclamp, obviously.
>>
File: Insidious.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Insidious.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>51284999
You're probably going to need more.
Also consider just tutors. Whether they be Diabolic, Demonic, Diabolic Revelation, or Liliana Vess. You need ways to get the cards you NEED into your hand as well as just drawing.
An overlooked card you should consider is Insidious Dreams. It's pretty cheap, and it's an instant so you can decide pretty safely when to fire it off, and hoo boy is it tasty.
>>
>>51285330
yea that was somewhat of a given, given how the first time i made it, all the deck was is a terrible pile of left over stuff, im up for any gimmick. only new idea i had was to run far more pay life spells and well of lost dreams
>>
>>51285510
Could you list the draw effects? I'm finding it hard to find good draw in Boros, I quickly end up scraping the bottom of the barrel with shit like Staff of Nin or Inheritance.
>>
File: Untitled.png (282KB, 444x311px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
282KB, 444x311px
In the situation of playing a midrange speed deck that doesn't need its combo to win which would be the better choice to run?
>>
File: Image (3).jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (3).jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Has anyone had experience playing Marchesa using fabricate creatures?
Is it any good?
>>
Deck idea, breya: robots driving vehicles.

Deck idea yidris deck

How do i build these?
>>
>>51285590
This is my first time seeing Ghirapur Orrerry because I'm not keeping up with spoilers so this might be a hasty judgment but

what the fuck dude

It's not even close. Sylvan Library all the way. Ghirapur Orrery sounds pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>51285563
Mentor of the Meek
Puresteel Paladin
Solemn Simulacrum
Skullclamp
Sword of Fire & Ice
Nahiri, the Harbinger
and I guess Scroll Rack

I also run a batch of token generation and recursion to bring back these parts if some get milled/killed
>>
>>51285553
I find it surprising that there's so few Sol'Kanar decks out there to look at. I get that Grixis is stacked with great Commanders, but I'd expect TappedOut would have SOMETHING.
>>
>>51285614
There aren't that many that actually do anything, and in Marchesa you only get access to one of the colors that actually gets fabricate, so don't. It's not worth it, it's not in any of your colors except black (Which has the worst fabricate creatures), it's a low impact keyword, and Marchesa already gives them counters, making their ability much less useful.
>>
>>51285634
Thanks for the list. Mostly solid stuff. Though skullclamp is head and shoulders above the rest. Have you tried the new Chandra? She's a bit outside of my budget but she looks like a pretty decent pseudo-draw engine.
>>
>>51285614
This is just an educated guess, but all the best Fabricate tech seems to be in Selesnya, so I'd expect the ones you can play with Marchesa aren't all that good unless you have ways to sac the ones you can use repeatedly for an advantage.
>>
>>51285658
EDHrec has decks you can check out
>https://edhrec.com/commanders/solkanar-the-swamp-king
Also lists good cards, like Blanket of Night.
>>
>>51285684
I've mulled her over in my head. At the end of the day, I'd rather not exile cards from my library as a decent chunk of my deck is made to pull things outta the GY
>>
How do I make a Mishra deck that isn't just a netdeck?
>>
>>51285716
Sol'Kanar seems like an interesting deck to build. Maybe I will someday. I like janky builds. He seems like he'd be fun with Fists of the Demigod and Helm of the Ghastlord.
>>
>>51285750
mishra, possibility storm, 58 other cards including a lot of artifacts, 40 lands of your choosing. Wow!
>>
>>51285716
Cipher cards seem like another interestingly jank route with Sol'Kanar.
>>
>>51285716
yea this is just a hodgepodge of things, blanket of night though, didnt see that one thats pretty spicy
>>
>>51285563
>>51285634

Sinprodder, Bygone Bishop, and Outpost Siege are half-decent back up draw effects as well.
>>
>>51282433
Red is my favorite color, with goblins being my main fav strat. my first draft tourney i won with the help of goblin balloon brigade. winning with speed and power above strategy was the appeal, just put out everything and roll with the punches. Its fun finding cheap janky combos, and red usually ends up being part of it. Blue was fun to mix with it for brewing weird and fun combos, black for more fun and balls to the walls suicide RB. ive had fun with other colors and even five colors, but my heart beats for Red.
>>
File: 126430_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
126430_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
So I was considering making a hope of ghirapur deck. Do I just slam in every random equipment I own and fill in any blank spots using chump blockers and random staples, or does it have some spicy secret tech?
>>
>>51286092
As far as I can tell, you go with the former. Get the five Sword of X and Ys and swing for the fences/
>>
File: ghirapur orrery.png (2MB, 1000x734px) Image search: [Google]
ghirapur orrery.png
2MB, 1000x734px
>>51285590
Library because you are in fucking green and don't need Ghirapur Orrery because there are better dudes like Mina and Denn for land drops and way better card draw in that color.

I run Orrery in Monowhite because Monowhite card draw is fucking ass with bad diarrhea
>>
File: chronatog.jpg (26KB, 270x240px) Image search: [Google]
chronatog.jpg
26KB, 270x240px
>be the only interactive player in a group full of durdly high-synergy ramp decks
>the only interaction these guys run is used exclusively to protect their shit
>they're all racing to see who can durdle their way to the biggest board
>when one of them wins, the other two blame me for countering their entwined Tooth and Blade instead of the other guy's Genesis Wave for 9
Sometimes I just want to end it all.
>>
>>51286251
>Tooth and Blade
and Nail. I can't type properly when I'm this salty.
>>
>>51286251
start playing atraxa infect
>>
>>51286274
When I can't take it anymore, I just bring out Daretti stax. Then no one has anything, except me, and they get to fucking watch me durdle.
>>
Want to make Breya more sadistic.

Any ideas? I'm sick of playing tutor infinite.
>>
>>51286251
What does it mean to be interactive, exactly? I feel like the majority of my Commander decks are the things you hate and I want to learn what can generally make them not that.
>>
>>51286251
Play Nether Void
Proxy it if you have to.
Everyone gets countered the same amount.
>>
File: Image (16).jpg (75KB, 440x308px) Image search: [Google]
Image (16).jpg
75KB, 440x308px
>>51286331
>>
>>51286348
Are you just racing to the finish line or do you have plans to stop your opponents if they look like they'll get there faster than you? Because the former is what my playgroup does. And they don't fucking care what the guys next to them are doing.

If I dare drop something like an austere command destroying artifacts, player B who lost two mana rocks will whine that I hate fun even as player C next to him is playing an artifact combo deck and is representing a win on his upcoming turn.

They don't want to interact, they just want to show their big deck's big dick and see whose is biggest and blows its load earliest.
>>
>>51286481
I play removal and boardwipes in all my decks, because I feel like one HAS to if they really want to win, but other than that, I try to stick to my given deck's gameplan. For example, I have a pretty low-power Rafiq of the Many Voltron build (http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-super-soldier-program/) that focuses on stacking him up with as many Auras, Equipment and Exalted triggers as possible to kill my opponents in one decisive swing. But it also packs a suite of bounce spells and boardwipes of the Cataclysm variety in case things go south. Does it seem interactive enough to not be annoying in your opinion?
>>
>>51282433
R E D

I have accomplished more stupid bullshit using red than I have with any other color
>>
>>51285590
Library is always the correct choice. It's an absolutely incredible card.
>>
>>51282433
MTG n00b here

How actually good is shamble back it looks fucking amazing also if anyone could reccomend me some zombie/horror black cards for noobs i would be greatly appreciative
>>
>>51286679
>zombie/horror black cards for noobs
https://edhrec.com/tribes/zombies/
go wild
>>
>>51286679
>How actually good is shamble back it looks fucking amazing
It's not

>if anyone could reccomend me some zombie/horror black cards for noobs i would be greatly appreciative
Look at what the other anon posted
>>
>>51286679
Shamble Back looks like it gives a lot of value because a 2/2 and 2 life for B is a lot, but you won't be casting it in the first couple turns which is when those things would be relevant because there are no creatures in the graveyard at that point.

It's especially bad in EDH because a 2/2 zombie and 2 life might as well be nothing. Exiling a single creature from a graveyard can disrupt what your opponents are doing but it would have to be at instant speed to really accomplish anything.
>>
>>51286725
And why play that card in black when you have Shred Memory, Faerie Macabre, Cremate, etc.
>>
Anybody feel like giving advice on artifact shenanigans? It's my least played archetype so anything helps. I'm sure I'm missing some stuff like utility lands but this is what I could scrounge from the local playgroup. The maybeboard is what I've got on hand but I was too indecisive to put in.

Up for any recommendations, have at me!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rock-em-sock-em-toss-em-robots/
>>
>>51286732
Yeah, I'm just explaining it in terms a new player will be more likely to understand. Someone new to the game might not immediately understand how Faerie Macabre is better than Shamble Back.
>>
What's all the good extra land stuff for gitrog? I already have azusa, exploration, and oracle of mul daya. I know of courser but I have better life gain in deck already
>>
>>51286773
>better life gain
quote me on this life gain is garbage don't plan around it or try to get it unless you're playing Karlov or something.
>>
File: burgeoning.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
burgeoning.png
134KB, 223x311px
>>51286773
Exploration's bastard brother
>>
>>51286758
Mirrorworks is an auto include in many of my groups artifact decks, cogwork assembler for fast tokens to be sac'd by bosh, wouldn't hurt to run skysovereign flagship either
>>
>>51282472
Krenko
>>
>>51286758
nice list, just some suggestions
Mycosynth Lattice (this would cause negative synergy with All is Dust though)/Liqui-metal coating so your gobbo welder can always sac something (including your opponent's permanents) this also makes enchantments suddenly very vulnerable to all sorts of Red removal
In that same vein I don't really see much removal in your deck. Vandalblast/fiery confluence are amazing tools for red to stop opposing player's artifact/mana dork ramp

Obliterate is another thing to consider
>>
>>51282472
from casual players:
Nekusar, Kaalia, Narsett

from competitive players:
Jeleva, Zur, Teferi(PW)
>>
>>51286808
I know not to build around it, its not gitrog's thing but I have better alternates to gaining life than what courser provides

>>51286813
I've thought of it but my concern is emptying my hand from it. The "may" is part of it though so I could work with it
>>
>>51286931
abundance, sylvan library, mirri's guile, seedtime, splendid reclamation

check them out
>>
>>51286887
What does a competitive Teferi PW deck do that's so bad? Is it just really good monoblue lockdown?
>>
File: vince.jpg (25KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
25KB, 720x480px
>>51286956
>seedtime
>>
>>51282433
>Favorite color

According to the compositions of my decks, it's a tie between Red and Blue. However, I like Red the most out of all the colors I splash and if I'm going to build a mono-colored deck it's going to be Black.
>>
>>51286982
Very fast and efficient lockdown, that very quickly and efficiently combos out under their own lock. or, they just combo out before the lock if they get a good hand.
>>
>>51286858
>>51286870
Thanks for suggestions!
This was the result of a bit of migratory trading last Friday, so I kind of blanket searched for artifact goodstuff and dumped it into a deck.
The removal is definitely a weak point, I'll have to search some out or end up ordering it.

That being said, is there anything that stands out as being not worth running? I just slotted in the Hellkite in place of the Darksteel Juggernaut but I'm notoriously bad at cutting things.
Meteorite catches my eye at first glance but I like the flavor of Bosh throwing it at someone so I kept it in for the first draft.
>>
>>51287203
Whilke flavorful, Meteorite might be a little too slow. Also you generally want to keep you mana rocks on the board.

If you have extra dosh to drop/know a guy that can trade you one, Metalworker is a godsend to Bosh
>>
>>51286994
>>51286956
>seedtime
That card is just crazy enough to work. Order placed!
>>
>>51287258
It's also crazy enough to not work at all but you know, sometimes you just have to go for style points.
>>
>>51287239
Yeah, that's about the conclusion I was coming to. Meteorite probably out for something in the maybeboard.

If I'm lucky enough to find a metalworker in the area I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on it haha.
>>
>>51287285
With the amount of Simic cunts in my playgroup, that's a risk I'm willing to take.
>>
File: boil.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
boil.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51287308
Yeah I get you. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice a deck slot to say "fuck you UG faggots".
>>
>>51287308
I have a few cards in my GW deck that are there just so I can use them once and get called a n00b.
Seed time and mana tithe are the ones I want to use the most.
>>
>>51287340
No one ever has to know that you lost the game with mana tithe still in your hand, having never found an opportunity to counter anything with it. But they will sure as fuck remember the time you got them with it.
>>
>>51287362
>>51287340
In my Boros aggro deck, I frequently switch the "counter" magic I use between Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Fork, Mana Tithe and Lapse of Certainty. I only ever have 3 of those in my deck at any given time, but by switching so much, I've convinced my playgroup I have all of them in at all times. It's fucking hilarious to watch the Simic cunts fidget and wonder if they should cast their commander into my untapped mountain.
>>
>>51284404
well you're wrong.
>>
File: What I played 2.png (846KB, 1596x670px) Image search: [Google]
What I played 2.png
846KB, 1596x670px
>>51282472
The most obvious answer is Memnarch.

Nothing says hatefuck me like a Mono Blue Artifact Commander that steals your shit.

Include tutors, rings + monolith combo, Draw X spells, bunch of mana doublers, artifact goodstuff and protection.
>>
>>51282540
I fucked up by building my only non blue deck as monogreen elf tribal.

It either shits elves and chews bubblegum or gets wrecked and bends over.

Y A W N
A
W
N
>>
I need a commander with a very unorthodox build around effect. Hit me up with what you got
>>
>>51287760
Vhati il-Dal heading a golgari pillowfort, bonus points for Doomsday combos.
>>
File: 1482221483940.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482221483940.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>take deck apart to put together old deck for friend who hadn't seen it
>sleeve old deck
>short three sleeves
>mfw
>>
>>51287760
Depala

Crew cars with Dwaf's (and gremlins for the meme) and run people over.
I do it and feel great while playing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aRVPo-sAUc
>>
File: atraxa what I played.png (618KB, 454x633px) Image search: [Google]
atraxa what I played.png
618KB, 454x633px
>>51282472
Pic Related or
>>
File: tumblr_o4xf8bUGaQ1r2g7mto1_540.png (104KB, 540x441px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4xf8bUGaQ1r2g7mto1_540.png
104KB, 540x441px
>playing breya vs my friends
>game where i could tutor the infinite
>have another card in my hand i want to interact with
>blow all my tutors setting it up
>find out my combo doesn't work how i want and get blown up
fuck this commander. i like having access to all 4 colors, and I enjoy her. Why do I have to fucking goldfish my infinite combos to win.
>>
>>51287966
>energy
I'm not sure why I never even considered this. God damn I'm going to have to build around Marvel now.
>>
>>51287984
>all 4 colors
>all 4

And are you talking about breya or atraxa?
>>
>>51287998
Dude its fantastic, with stuff like Aether Heart, Aetherwind basker and the like i'm surprised more people are not doing it, also for somereason most (if not all the energy cards) are low in price so nows the time to go for it!
Also it's a lot less shitty than say infect and more fun
>>
File: mc1_chisei1.jpg (88KB, 240x181px) Image search: [Google]
mc1_chisei1.jpg
88KB, 240x181px
>>51287760
Culm. Upkeep chisea
>>
>>51288013
all 4 of her colors. That's implied well enough for me not to have to specify.

>say Breya
>don't imply stupid Praetor cunt at all
>"do you mean Breya or Atraxa?"
but it doesn't seem your reading comprehension is that good anyway.
>>
File: 200w.gif (425KB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
200w.gif
425KB, 200x155px
>>51287323
>obsessed hatred for 'UGx'
>derogative slur to vent frustation

Oh. It's you again.
>>
File: ..jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>51288029
Holy hell, kitty got claws. Yeah its 2am, I read right over that first line. My bad.

And relax man, we're all friends here. Also, whatever happened to you can't be as bad as the time I thought I was making infinite mana off of summoning station and ashnods alter. That was very depressing. (The fuck is a pincher token anyways)
>>
>>51287984
I'm starting to think that Breya is not the ideal commander for how I want this deck to work.

I like artifacts, and I want to destroy them to dominate other player's fields. Slow everyone to a grinding halt while I laugh and combo off. I don't want to be the one who necessarily wins the game. I want to be the one that everyone has to stop.

>>51288098
I just did that actually. That's what combo I wasted the whole game on.

Sorry mate I'm crabby as well. For... obvious reasons.
>>
>>51287323
Ug is pretty bad, but at least they got very slightly neutered with the whole proph ban

>>51282477
I really hope we get a non combat boros legend soon
>>
>>51288114
also i know when you read that you're gonna be on the other side of the monitor laughing your ass off.

I feel retarded.
>>
I am so sick and goddamn tired of spending hundreds of dollars on cards every month. Teach me how to into proxies, I don't care if it's the chinaman, just point me in the right direction. I don't know which one to buy on aliexpress or I'd have already tried that.
>>
File: IMG_1642.gif (58KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1642.gif
58KB, 500x278px
>>51288125

>non-combat Boros

Bwahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (etc, etc)
>>
>>51282496
she wants you to cast two spells each turn. what spells do you cast on other people's turns? counterspells of course!
>>
>>51288114
Hey no worries. I made the same mistake in my old karnifacts hyper-budget deck. Boy it was a let-down. (Who thought colorless non-eldrazi creatures was smart?)

Long story short, that deck is dead and gone, completely recycled into my new slobad deck. Holy fuck I love running shit like thopter assembly, and making platinum angel /emperion indestructible. (And smokestack! And winter orb! And kuldotha forgemaster! And darksteel forge!)
>>
>>51288169
I'm considering converting her into Daretti because I FUCKING LOVE RED.

I like having esper in there. Sharuum loop + panharmonicon + Daretti = fun shenanigans.

Toss a Wurmcoil in there, fish out something to sacrifice it with. Who even needs Ashnod/Nim/Breya
>>
File: Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer_C16.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Slobad, Goblin Tinkerer_C16.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>51288130
>>51288114
>>51288169

>I'm starting to think that Breya is not the ideal commander for how I want this deck to work.

>I like artifacts, and I want to destroy them to dominate other player's fields. Slow everyone to a grinding halt while I laugh and combo off. I don't want to be the one who necessarily wins the game. I want to be the one that everyone has to stop.

Haveeeee you met slobad?
Honestly, he sounds like exactly what you're looking for... scarily so
>>
>>51286813

Magic newfaggot here. Does that stack? For example you play two of those in your first two turns then your opponent plays a land, can you put two land cards from your hand onto the battlefield if you have two?
>>
>>51288193

this
>>51288192

don't want to sacrifice the colors. I run him in her and he's super rad when he hits the board.
>>
>>51288089
DESU Senpai UGx pisses me off too. For me it's that there is so much goddamn ramp, yet my meta won't let me run MLD.
>>
File: slobad.png (148KB, 941x1699px) Image search: [Google]
slobad.png
148KB, 941x1699px
>>51288192
>>51288193

Honestly just go slobad or darreti. Regardless who you choose, run the other in the 99. I chose slobad, and no joke this is the most fun ive had with artifacts, period.

Making nevvys disc indestructible literally made all my opponents grind to a stop. Then I dropped the mld.

>>51288212
Sacrifice the colors! Look at my slobad stats! (pic related)
I barely even use red.

>>51288200
In commander /edh you can only have one copy of each card (excluding non-basic lands). But if for whatever reason you did have two burgeonings, and an opponent dropped a land, yes you would get two triggers to drop two lands of your own.
>>
File: rat.jpg (43KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
rat.jpg
43KB, 360x500px
How do you guys feel about Ink-eyes? She any good as a commander for a graveyard shenanigans deck?
>>
>>51288254
***excluding basic lands

Sorry, again its late. You can run as many basics as you want in commander. Just remember your deck needs to be 100 cards
>>
>>51288254
Sorry I forgot I was in the Commander thread. That's pretty nuts.
>>
File: Chainer, Dementia Master_TO.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Chainer, Dementia Master_TO.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51288262
Out of the way rat skank.
Real reanimator commando coming though.

And she's ok, the main issue with her is you can't ninjitsu from command zone
>>
>>51288270
It seems incredible, but chances are you'll blow your hand vomiting lands and not have anything to do with the mana due to having no hand anymore.

If your commander was this guy, though. ..
>>
>>51288254
I play Slobad as a stax heavy MLD deck in paper, but online I've been testing Silas Renn Stax, being UB gives me access to a ton of tutors, as well as stax enchantments like Nether Void and The Abyss. Guardian Beast as also crazy good. An Artificer's Intuition package is amazing since I can use Silad to cast the stuff I pitch or just recast spellbombs and stuff
>>
>>51288311
Seems cool. You should partner up with one of the izzets and run darretti and slobad in the 99,plus all that sweet, sweet mld red delivers.

Or just keep it simple with silas and hisshit eating grin
>>
>>51282477
Imperial recruiter and recruiter of the gaurd, thank me later
>>
File: you will see the light.jpg (48KB, 620x243px) Image search: [Google]
you will see the light.jpg
48KB, 620x243px
>>51282433

White. The first deck i played (7th edition tutorial deck) had white in it and it had everything you could've asked for.
Removal, recursion, lifegain.

In commander it has access to probably the best and all-around removal, amazing creatures, buffs, protection, and good recursion.

And I always loved heroic and righteous flavour.
>>
How do I convince that land destruction is perfectly fine in edh. I play a two color deck with all basics, and I cast ruination and half of the table scooped and started bitching, except for the mono black guy who started laughing. Basically how do I stop people from complaining about "muh mana base" when they run 3-4 color commanders and run a very low basic land count
>inb4playinteractivecards
>>
>>51288567
Remind them it is a perfectly fair and viable strategy, similar to stax.

If they want a more secure manabase, let them play a mono color
>>
File: 1324603121001.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1324603121001.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>51288567
>black guy starts laughing

Atleast his character sounds to fit the colour philosphy well.

>inb4playinteractivecards

Why ask the question when you already know the answer?
>>
>>51288567
>>51288593

Land destruction is never ok
It's just not fun to play against and is a a great way to bring dishonour to your family
>>
File: ptsd.jpg (13KB, 354x360px) Image search: [Google]
ptsd.jpg
13KB, 354x360px
>>51288596
>implying I'm building my decks for my opponents to have fun

>implying I dont actively try to make the game as unfun as possible through grindy and oppresive tactics to break my opponents wills and force them to concede
>>
>>51288567
I, personally, dislike MLD, but I find cards like ruination and wave of vitriol perfectly acceptable.
Screw rich people with their duals, cradles, tabernacles and workshops.
>>
>>51282433

Black: Favorite color. I'm pretty competitive even when playing for fun, i guess that the Spike nature of black suits me. I like it the most for the BBEG feel that gives me, must be for how many times i watched Young Frankenstein as a kid.

Green: Close second to Black. I started as a Timmy so i love big dumb creatures and i love aggro. If i play monoG i try to ramp or cheat in big creatures as fast as possible but in the end i tend to play Golgari more often then not due to mixing my favorite colors.

Blue and White: I'm pretty neutral to these colors when they come alone but mixed with G or B or GB they become a lot more appealing to me. I love BW, UG, BUG and my main deck atm is Atraxa.

Red: It's my third favorite color but only when alone or in Boros. Sadly it's really hard to design a good deck with aggro or burn in Commander so Red slides in last place for this format.
>>
File: 1473205966268.jpg (62KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
1473205966268.jpg
62KB, 606x496px
>>51288623
It's thats your aim fine and if you want to rapidly develop a reputation as an arse than that is also fine.
But if its a casual game then don't do it man, it's not worth it.
for the love of god don't bring it to frendily game
In truth I'd like to belive that all players just want to have fun playing commander with gimmic meme cards and insane combo's but hey-ho
>>
>>51288593
They aren't turboautists like me and they think battle cruiser magic is the only way to play
>>51288595
I feel like I'm teaching them that all magic isn't fair magic
>>51288596
It only hits non basics and ou'd mostly there until i get a copy of back to basics
>>51288639
One of the guys tutored for tron so I mean
>>
>>51288657
It's mostly there* fuck shitposting from a phone
>>
>>51288596
But anon, how do I punish people ramping to 20 lands turn 6 and other horseshit if I can't run MLD or stack, the two "unfun" archetypes.

I am serious, I run grixis marchesa and I want to run jokalhups and stuff so bad to punish ramp. My meta won't let me so what else can I do.
>>
>>51288678
Back to basics
There's some enchantment that turns all lands into swamps or some shit like that
>>
File: realhumanbean.gif (82KB, 321x314px) Image search: [Google]
realhumanbean.gif
82KB, 321x314px
>>51288678
Sorry I'm not sure how to do that (I started playing when kaladesh dropped) but I know from expereience that having the only way to play the damned game ripped from me and having to scrounge for anything, is not fun

Alternatively you could just ramp faster or use one of the many, many new cards to do something mad without just going 'fuck you, you can't play the game'
>>
File: fuked rite off m8.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuked rite off m8.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51282472
i enjoy this bastard, he makes people seethe around me when i don't do anything and people decide to play spells and kill themselves.
>>
>>51288700
Anon, I can't run stax or MLD.

Also back to basics doesn't really help against land ramp. It's more likely to benefit the guy casting explosive veggies and stuff than hurt him.

Contamination is the name of the black enchantment you were thinking of btw.
>>
File: ohfuck.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
ohfuck.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
>>51288654
Man its a game! The people I play with come to enjoy all manners of decks and playstyles. I'd rather have opponents that try to fuck me than have opponents who build decks "fun for the whole table". playing against stax, or mld, or whatever is as fun as playing against any other kind of deck, because what makes edh fun as a format is the insane variety between decks and their interactions with each other in a multiplayer game.

And all games are casual, and friendly. There shouldn't be a disconnect in edh between "casual" and "friendly" games, as that implies some games are non-casual or unfriendly. You might need to reconsider what makes edh fun for you, and you'll realize what youre missing out on.

Learn to appreciate all kinds of decks !
>>
>>51288737
Infernal darkness also works
Also your play group sounds like what mine is turning into
"I don't like it ban it"
>>
File: windingconstrictor.png (191KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
windingconstrictor.png
191KB, 265x370px
Aether Revolt dropped quite a few good cards for Atraxa i must say
>>
File: scrounging bandar.png (185KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
scrounging bandar.png
185KB, 265x370px
>>51288759
>>
File: maulfistrevolutionary.png (190KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
maulfistrevolutionary.png
190KB, 265x370px
>>51288766
>>
>>51288708
How is grixis supposed to ramp as fast as anything green? Let alone decks built for ramp, like selvala or titania.

I could of course build some kind of monstrous turn 3 win deck like ad nauseum storm, hermit druid combo, or doomsday labman. But then you don't really get to play the game either.

So tell me ramp babby, is the only way to play the game your way and fuck me for wanting to counter your strategy?
>>
I'm brewing maelstrom wanderer because i'm a fucking sweaty nerd and I want a big sweaty timmy/spike deck, and I had a thought

even though I'm playing green, shouldn't I prioritize artifact ramp over land ramp? Seems like most lamp ramp cards come into play tapped, which is kind of a poopy deal since artifacts like Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus, Signets and the like can help cast each other. So my curve will look like this a lot of time:

>turn 1 sol ring
>turn 2 gruul keyrune
>turn 3 thran dynamo, hedron archive, gruul signet
>turn 4 maelstrom wanderer

going full retard with artifacts would also better work with cards like Devastation, which works nicely with Maelstrom since it clears the board for him before Maelstrom enters the battlefield

thoughts?
>>
>>51287760
Glissa the Traitor. Because who hasn't heard of Golgari Artifacts.
>>
>>51288748
I agree it is just a game, and since this is the internet i doubt I'll be able to change your mind.
That point i'd like to make is that land desctuction (especially on a level I think you're looking for) is awefull to play against. I was going to do the same when I first started playing as the idea of hamstringing my opponenet seembed unbeatable. But then I discovered that massive creatures where way more fun.

But to each his own, if you want to do that fine, go ahead, no one can stop you but I doubt it'll be fun to play or fun to play against and I'll bet you'll change to another deck soon.
>>51288778
>>
>>51288125
>>51288145
>Non-combat Boros

Man Boros is suffering. All it does is combat. If it weren't my starting color combo I would've dropped it for ever ago. Whatwould a non-combat boros even do? Its sad but i can't even imagine life in the legion with out attacking every turn.
>>
>>51288846
Only thought is artifact something
>>
>>51288846
Divine Intervention
:^)
>>
any recommendations or spicy shit for Gisa and Geralf zombie tribal?
>>
>>51288846
Creature ability and ownership manipulation, stax
>>
Thread Topic: Black has always been my favourite colour. Black's creatures and abilities draw me to it, and it was the first colour I fully learned how to play.

Red is probably second. Red is very much me as a person, and I like Red's ability to work well with it's ally colours.

Next is White, then Green, then Blue. I've hated playing Blue and hated playing against Blue since I started.
>>
>>51288868
I would say not to run them. Individually their cards are good but gisa and geralf are very low impact. I would go gisa or grimgrin if you wanted to stay ub for zombies.
>>
>>51288846

Redirecting and preventing damage comes to mind.
>>
>>51288708
"your tactic is invalid cuz it makes me have to play better"
lol ok crybaby
>>
File: Edric.jpg (177KB, 691x500px) Image search: [Google]
Edric.jpg
177KB, 691x500px
>>51282472
did you call me?
>>
File: Image (23).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (23).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>51289364

Worth playing in Uril Y/N?
>>
File: 2141582352905825.png (797KB, 959x720px) Image search: [Google]
2141582352905825.png
797KB, 959x720px
>>51282472
Depends on the kind of hate you're looking for.

>Benign Hatred getting targeted every so often.
Atraxa Superfriends.

>Constant Hatred.
Memnarch, or Yasova. Really any dech based around stealing shit.

>Blind Fury.
Narset. She just draws so much hate, at least in my playgroup.

>You will be hated for the rest of the day, even if you switch decks.
Land destruction with Numot or Hokkori.
Hatebears with Gaddock Teeg.
Mogis group slug.
>>
>>51287709

commandeer and bribery too
>>
File: 77.jpg (67KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
67KB, 336x469px
>>51282472
>>
>>51289430
>voltron deck
>wants to block

Say what now?
>>
>>51289430
not too familiar with uril but i believe it prefers to kill its opponents before they can reduce the uril player's life points to 0
>>
>>51285614
Repeatable sac is nice and all, but there are a lot of better creatures with undying/graft/persist for that purpose.

Grixis Marchesa deck building is surprisingly hard, you have to strike a balance between:
>sac outlets e.g. Ashnod's Altar, Goblin Bombardment, Viscera Seer
>repeatable sac creatures with effects e.g. Flayer of the Hatebound, Geralf's Messenger, Puppeteer Clique
>creatures with good ETB/LTB e.g. Solemn Simulacrum, Mulldrifter, Fleshbag Marauder
>repeatable counter placement e.g. Unspeakable Symbol, Feast on the Fallen, every creature with graft that exists
>sacrifice synergy e.g. Grave Pact, Grim Haruspex, Ogre Slumlord
>goodstuff that doesn't rely on your commander e.g. counterspells, ramp, card draw, removal

Too much of a category and the deck will suffer, not enough of a category and the deck will suffer.
>>
>>51288678
Explain to your friends that Jokulhaups and Obliterate are legit wincons in Grixis Marchesa, since you'll be the only one left with creatures on the board (assuming you actually cast it with Marchesa and +1/+1 counters out).

If you just want MLD because "I can't get ramp in my colors so no one else should" then you're just a durdly cunt that deserves to be shat on.
>>
>Don't worry guys, my Narset deck is really fun . I'm using planeswalkers. Go ahead and play your favorites, no need to bust out cut-throat decks.
>wow, I got my mana crypt and greaves, lucky.
>Now I get my trigger and, check out this tech guys. Time warp!
>It's not easy being this smart sometimes.
>>
>jump into a multiplayer game, comments are "anything goes"
>shit hands cant draw a land so can't do anything
>mizzum mortars the sidisi commander on the field (guy who made the room) and concede because there's a 14/14 on the other end of the board and I'd be pretty much dead next turn
>sidisi player gets shitty at me because i killed his commander before conceding
>tell him "anything goes" and he can't even refute that
>>
So I'm looking to build Tasigur but I haven't been able to put my finger on a build for him.

Any ideas? Really don't wanna play just goodstuff control.
>>
>>51288846
MLD
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (341KB, 3160x3160px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
341KB, 3160x3160px
>>51287323
>>51288238
>>51288311
>>51288346
>>51288567
>>51288593
>>51288623
>>51288639
>>51288678
>>51288708
>>51288778
ITT: faggots who don't realize ramp decks fold to any form of interaction besides 'muh mld senpai'
>>
>>51290166
>>Playing as Kemba vs Mayael, Xenagos, Braids and Narset
>>Mayael is getting his ramp on, Xena is getting mana screwed, braids playing junk, I'm shitting cats.
>>Narset player gets out Narset, that monk with "your spells have lifelink" and some random blocker. Attacks me as I'm tapped out trying to stop Mayael.
>> Use wingshards making him sac all three creatures including Narset.
>> "wow anon that's such a cheesy card"
>>Later in the game, Xena and Braids are dead, I'm surviving on cat tokens and Jazal, Mayael is overwhelming the board.
>> Narset player finally gets her out and slaps some protection on her. Attacks and targets me despite Mayael being tapped out apart from a Vorinclex.
>> "that's for killing me before"
>> areyoufuckingserious.jpg
>> proceed to get blown out by burn and multiple combats
>> Mayael then slaps him in the face for the win next turn.

Fuck Narset players
>>
>>51290526
Bad ramp decks do. Play against a UG ramp that plays tons of counterspells and big threats and it's just hard to punch through unless you can sneak in some MLD or cripple their mana production while they spend the early turns ramping.
>>
>>51288759
breya too, welcome to the new age of commander where all EDH cards are geared towards the precon commanders and all new legendaries are better in the 99
>>
>>51290526

But..but i wanna play vorinclex t3! You must not destroy my lands! So unfun.
>>
>>51290638
To be fair "+1/+1 counters" is a fairly ambiguous deck and not every card printed is for Atraxa. My friend plays Mazirek and he was hyped for the snake. And no, Mazirek and Atraxa are not the same build despite containing some similar themes.

Unless you pigeonhole yourself into some stupid theme, your commander should get some support every set. Like if you built tribal vampires then yeah, you're gonna be shit out of luck most of the time, but every set has new removal, counterspells, and sometimes just high synergy cards that are playable in your deck. My Melek deck has gotten love every set, from Aetherflux Reservoir in Kaladesh to Baral's Expertise and Disallow in Aether Revolt.
>>
is atraxa super friend degenerate? im thinking about building it
>>
>>51291043
It's boring af like every superfriends deck.

Here's how superfriends decks work:

1. You land a Doubling Season, start playing Planeswalkers and killing everyone
2. You never get Doubling Season or it gets removed/countered, and you just play boring Planeswalkers that everyone kills until you run out of gas and you did nothing but prolong the game an extra hour

2 happens more than 1.
>>
File: Vorinclex-Voice-of-Hunger.jpg (547KB, 477x500px) Image search: [Google]
Vorinclex-Voice-of-Hunger.jpg
547KB, 477x500px
>>51290644
Very unfun
>>
>>51291084

How many tutors do you run to grab Doubling Season?
>>
Where do people play Commander online the most nowadays? Cockatrice feels like a ghost town.
>>
>>51291191
xmage

good luck
>>
>>51282433
>Favorite color and why

Black: I don't really play it anymore but I love the mechanics even when they don't quite pan out or act too slowly. I love having everything at my disposal for resources, just seems so fun.

Green: Not for the Timmy but for the mana work and the sheer feeling of animosity for the other colors, it doesn't have the abilities of the other colors, but the means to disrupt them and kept going.

Red: Not much to say, I mix it a lot but mono red burns too quick for me, however I love mixing it with the other colors; also fire breathing is love.

Blue: I like the card advantage but I hate the people who play it, ironically the only color combo I play now is simic. Also fuck Jace

White: I hate it, it's boring and makes things boring when you mix them. Mix blue and white and all I can say is go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51291167
Your deck is kinda done without it so...

Pretty much every single one.

Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor are your premium ones, but then there's Enlightened Tutor, Idyllic Tutor, Diabolic Tutor, Sidisi, or even some jank like Brainspoil.
>>
>>51289643
Ha, how useful muh card draw is
>>
>>51291207
xmage is so shit though and everyone on it is a massive try hard autist who builds 3000 dollar decks
>>
File: 206.jpg (72KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
72KB, 336x469px
>>51282433

>surprisingly dickish

It's astonishing how often people forget he has flash
>>
Building Ghave for the very first time. I've already used edhrec, but are there any more cards or combos that I should be aware of or be including?
>>
I wanna play allies edh deck. which comander should I run?
>>
>>51291496
Golgari decklists tend to be quite similar to each other, so look at some of those and splash some white weenie support stuff like Mentor of the Meek
>>
>>51291541
Allies are a trap. They're a really bad tribe. Their effects range from basically useless to only good in multiples.

If you insist though, General Tazri is the ally commander.
>>
I'm thinking of building an allies deck, preferably with all colours. Do you guys have any card recommend as a commander?
>>
I'm thinking of building an allies deck, preferably with all colours. I also want my commander's name to start with T and end with azri.
>>
>>51288125
>non combat boros legend
Brion?
>>
File: thrasiostritonhero.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
thrasiostritonhero.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>51288297
>not even in English
>what is the meaning behind this
>>
>>51283287
In the context of Sigarda's Aid, a card that works best with Auras and Equipments, a card that fetches creatures really just doesn't come into play.
>>
>>51291496
How serious is your meta?

What's your budget?
>>
>>51289454
I actually kind of like Mogis Group Slug. It fucks everybody equally, which seems pretty reasonable in Commander. Annoyingly so, but reasonable.
>>
>>51292066
mid-competitive, it isnt rare to see things like ABUR duals, but most games dont end before turn 5.

About $200, already have ~$250 in on-colour staples and lands.
>>
>>51288567
if they want to play battlecruiser magic, play Gonti steal your shit tribal and take away all their battlecruisers.
>>
>>51292114
Once my girlfriend leaves for work at noon, I can post my ghave list. The manabase is wack, but you can easily combo off like 100 ways, all for like $160 bucks according to tappedout. It came in 3rd at a local commander tournament, and punked a $2000 mimeoplasm deck in a group, with a little help from magical christmasland.
>>
What do you guys think of this new nissa as a replacement for tireless tracker? It comes out later, but since it untaps a land its technically one less. If you are able to wait the one turn you get free draws for the rest of the game.
>>
File: 20161125_153847.jpg (174KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_153847.jpg
174KB, 720x714px
>>51292161
Sounds great, thanks in advance
>>
File: cena3.gif (4MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
cena3.gif
4MB, 200x150px
>>51292196
Are you lost? This is a Commander thread, not a Standard thread.
>>
>>51292196
If this post is actually meant for commander, then yes, Nissa is a great card. Whether or not you should cut tracker depends on the quality of the rest of your card draw package.
Also, i think its unfair to assume you'll be casting her with five lands in the mana rock format. Just be a way she raises your curve substansially over a tireless tracker.
>>
>>51292196
>implying you'll ever get to ult in commander without doubling season/proliferate
>>
File: tumblr_n5f85tD0Yy1sm4ngio1_400.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5f85tD0Yy1sm4ngio1_400.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>51292201
Here you go anon:
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/forage-through-the-fungus/

I'm sure you're familiar with Ghave, but in general, snag ghave, something that makes tokens/counters, a sac outlet, and crystaline crawler/ashnods/carnival of souls, then take people to pound town. I built my deck to focus on looping infinite ETBs/LTBs, so Altar's Brood and Extracator Demon are two things I'm testing out to great success.

If you have any questions let me know.
>>
File: man-stunned.jpg (328KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
man-stunned.jpg
328KB, 1000x708px
>>51292515
Oh, before I forget, this happened yesterday:

>things are going well, I have blood artist and carrion feeder in my opening hand
>play when I can, top deck hardened scales
>t4 comes around and I finally hit a green mana
>play hardened scales and carnival of souls
>next turn, I tap out to play ghave
>this one guy who hates losing and always plays bullshit control decks, Chuckles, starts swearing and scoops his deck in a huff
>we're all confused
>"Carnival of souls generated one mana when ghave entered. He's going to pop a counter off ghave with that mana, sac it to carrion feeder for 2 +1/+1 counters, then use the floating mana to take another counter off, and blood artist will simultaneously save him from carnival of souls, while killing us."
>that awesome feeling when I had no idea, and just smiled then went along with it
>>
What does /edh/ think of my Daxos list? Any spicy tech I could put in?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/daxos-steals-your-deck/
>>
>>51292196

Ulting her ha been very helpful for my Mina and Denn/Angry Omnath deck. Even better than Tireless because there is no way to remove a Planeswalker Emblem as of yet.
>>
>>51287362
So true. The blowout from a Mana Tithe is so good. It seems to pay off more than 50% of the time.
>>
File: Image[1].png (148KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
148KB, 223x311px
SO, this guy.

Recently tweaked out my precon, gave it the standard storm package and am pretty happy with it, but not so with how solitaire-like it seems.

I'm not fishing for T3 wins or anything and he's not super optimized as a result, but gameplan still boils down to cast a ton of spells and tendrils, death-beam or other storm shenangigans, just a bit slower then hyper-competitive versions.

My question is, what are some cards that will allow for interaction with the table in a few varied ways that won't completely fuck my storm/cascade wincon? Things like the enchantment that you can sac to counter a spell for example, as cascading into a counter is less than optimal, but a permanent that sticks and can be used later is much more palatable. Emphasis on cards that fit the bill and are actually good as I have a lot to work with in 4C. If you guys have any experience with building him this way or ideas on what to put in that would be much appreciated, I'm overwhelmed with the color combo as is.
>>
File: red mana symbol.png (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
red mana symbol.png
15KB, 250x250px
>playing R/W against friends
>the blue combo player casts Show and Tell into Omniscience
>everybody else gives up but they agree to let him play things out
>they pass the turn to me
>cast Word of Seizing on Omniscience
>shit my entire hand
>cast Wheel of Fate without paying its mana cost, refill hand
>shit entire hand again, manage to nab a Fervor and stick it so whatever I cast next will have haste
>cast Reforge the Soul and refill hand again
>shit entire hand a third time, swing out and win
fuck yeah
>>
File: aetherfluxreservoir.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
aetherfluxreservoir.png
129KB, 223x311px
>>51293055
>interaction
>deal 50 damage to a creature
>>
File: roode.png (191KB, 240x368px) Image search: [Google]
roode.png
191KB, 240x368px
>>51293121
>>
>>51293150
While that is an incredibly spicy card and is great, I'll usually use the 50 damage nuke to straight up kill a dude instead of remove a creature, it's more of a game winner.

I'd like to see some cards that wouldn't be bad to get off a cascade cast on a turn i don't necessarily win, as I never built him 100% T1 completely tuned, with an emphasis on cards that can interact with opponents field, hands, stack or deck for example.
>>
File: 1484075864057.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484075864057.png
345KB, 640x480px
>got drunk with my buddy before going to my flgs
>instead of buying anything important I purchased a single 3rd edition bayou and preordered a fat pack
>I also spent $30 on McDonalds and, inevitably, purchased more alcohol
Thanks Mark. Next time I'm writing down what I want to purchase.
>>
>>51293150
>>51293334
>tfw you get mindslavered and someone makes you storm out and bolt a 1/1 soldier token for 50 life
>>
>>51293495
See >>51293187
>>
File: 1363609872216.jpg (360KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1363609872216.jpg
360KB, 1162x850px
>>51293408
>Go to LGS
>Have a Bayou on sale for $145
>Only have $100 on me
>Ask if I can get a little discount if I pay most in cash
>Instead says I can have it for $100 since I've been a loyal customer for 18 years
>mfw
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>51293495
>Copy my Opponent's Mindslaver
>Use mine on him
>use his on someone else
>mfw
>>
File: green with envy.jpg (7KB, 158x155px) Image search: [Google]
green with envy.jpg
7KB, 158x155px
>>51293541
I would say I'm jealous, because I clearly am, but one time:

>buying $40 worth of things including gravepact and necropotence
>my store threw in a free chainer's edict, because I'm the only person who buys their extremely old boxed singles, and I never bitch about their condition or price
>>
>>51293541
>tfw LGS is shit
>tiny, cramped play area
>some game machines but they're all crammed together in a corner
>more focus on comics and wargames than magic
>if you can't find something in the binders / case, they probably don't have it
>fnm is modern (i don't play modern)
>staff are generally unfriendly to people who aren't a part of their super spike meta
>they try to encourage open commander night / start a duel commander league, but it's killed by a lack of attendance & a huge scheduling mishap.
>only one food place nearby, it's some foreign stuff that is edible/10
>parking is complete shite because it's in a tiny strip mall

>new LGS opens up at the actual mall
>play area is literally the size of the entire old store
>they ran three events at once, including aether revolt prerelease and pokemon
>they have a computer system for their inventory that is open to customers to search, and you can order things from the system and it'll show up at the register automatically
>they have arcade machines and a pinball machine and there's actually space to comfortably play them
>primary focus is on card games, especially magic
>commander night attracts several players
>fnm is standard (i actually play that)
>did i mention it's in the mall, so there's a much wider variety of food nearby, and the parking is way better?

screw being a loyal customer, this new place is awesome
>>
>>51293629
I was in the same boat kinda. A new shop opened literally in the same strip mall by the first shop's old business partner. The new shop has many more singles, events and space but I know the owner is a huge dick so I stay at the old shop.
>>
>>51293121
Never underestimate split second spells. I love bouncing Omniscience with Wipe Away when it was cheated with Rector so it's a useless huge spell on hand on turn 3.
>>
My friends want me to buy one of those prepackaged EDH decks so I can play with them, are those worth buying will I lose everytime? My friends are pretty competitive.
>>
>>51293743
Atraxa's is good but probably the most expensive. Breya's is decent. From older decks, I can recommend Mizzix and Meren. Most of the pre-con decks can go at it with most brew decks, but they perform better with a few upgrades.
>>
>>51293763
So should I get a preconstructed deck and upgrade it?
>>
File: 1483509257795.png (367KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
1483509257795.png
367KB, 600x330px
I want to build a monowhite ramp deck.

Why? Well, I have a full suite of ramp available, and I think Elesh Norn could be a fun commander. Now, I've never built monowhite before, but I'm prepared for the horrific card draw. What advice can you give me? If it's complete garbage water right off the hop, the other options are a monored ramp deck, and a Boros ramp deck.

I'm open to alternate commanders, but I really want to find a place for Elesh Norn, Umezawa's Jitte, and maybe Urabrask. I have almost a full suite of equipment/support things, but I know a good weenies deck would fill out some gaps in my collection.
>>
>>51293797
Probably yeah, it's a very good way to start Commander. A precon plus few singles.
>>
>>51293797
Yeah. They're generally a good place to start if you're not super experienced with edh.
>>
>>51293833
>>51293839
Thanks.
>>
>>51293629
If their focus was comics and wargames, you probably weren't considered a loyal customer in their eyes
>>
>>51293797
If youre brand new to the format, its a great place to start. Looking at precons is a good way to get a feel for how to build an edh deck.
>>
>>51293559
Wouldn't that give them control of the third player's turn?
>>
>>51282843
Your threat assessment is ass, amigo.
>>
File: WhoopsyDroppedIt.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
WhoopsyDroppedIt.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>51289952
This mix has done good for me thus far.
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-16-marchesa-the-black-rose-edh/

also post spicy secret strats.
>>
>>51294039
yes
>>
>>51294098
The monoB player could've tutored the so called answer before the turn of anon tho', unless Nekusar slapped all enchants between that turn and the 8 damage in which case yeah anon your threat assessment is ass.
>>
>>51291948
Those cards allow for you to consistently draw your equips via SFM.
>>
>>51293828
>filenamie isnt "Arin's Last Stand"
>>
>>51293828
Skullclamp, land tax + scroll rack, Oreskos explorer,Knight of white orchid, kor cartographer, Burnished Hart, Solemn Simulacrum, flickerwisp/whitemane lion/kor skyfisher/stormfront riders/dust elemental (also nice anti-Wrath tech)/Glimmerpoint Stag/Restoration Angel/Emancipation Angel/Cloudshift/Eerie Interlude/Ghostway/Otherworldly Journey/Skybind/Flickerform,sword of the animist, sword of fire and ice, infiltration lens, mask of memory, puresteel paladin
>>
>>51286580
>Low Power
>Any variation of Bant-colors.

Pick one.
>>
File: queer.png (2MB, 1130x740px) Image search: [Google]
queer.png
2MB, 1130x740px
My playgroup is bad at recommending things, so what does /tg/ think I should build next (or what old deck should I turn into something new).
>>
File: 1484856729796633849256.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1484856729796633849256.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
I have Zurgo Helmsmasher but it is a little damaged, should I use as commander?
>>
>>51294867
make another mono-colour deck
>>
>>51294844
If you say so. I just don't think my list is all that strong by comparison to what Bant can do.

>>51294867
None of them really stand out to me, but I'm a sucker for all-color decks, so go for the Overlord.
>>
>>51294908
100%
>>
>>51294936
>>51294867
I forgot to mention those are the decks I run now.
>>51294924
I've been eyeing mono red but have no experience there.
>>
File: feldon.jpg (94KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
feldon.jpg
94KB, 700x500px
What cards does Feldon need, aside from wheels?
>>
>>51294961
Reanimation targets and artifact synergy.
>>
>>51294961
Trading Post, Krark-Clan Ironworks and Quicksmith Genius for artifact synergy.
>>
>>51294908
Absolutely
>>
>>51294130
>taplands and lifegain taplands
>no painlands, scrylands, missing a couple of bouncelands and checklands
>no manarocks besides Sol Ring, no Ashnod's Altar, no Skullclamp
Man, give your manabase the upgrade it deserves, it won't even cost $10.

Don't you have problems with your commander being focused with spot removal without any hexproof/shroud equipment?

Also, how is Vicious Shadows working out for you?
>>
>>51295489
>>51295489
New thread is up.
>>
>>51294944
>>51295273
should I include Anax and Cymede and make like a combat tricks deck?
>>
>>51294867
Nath forced discard.
>>
>>51294961
Sundial of the infinite lets you keep the tokens.
Illusionist's bracers and rings of brighthearth can let you copy his ability.
>>
>>51283703
ogre slumlord + grave betrayal + dictate of erbus/butcher of malakir + virulent plague or other "tokens get -x/-x effect" = hello auto sac chain and all your creatures
>>
>>51286251
These sound like people i'd troll with my selesnya degenerate life gain deck
it has a combo that result in near infinite life and counters on ALL my creatures
one combo will result in 12.9 quintillion creatures after turn 16
>>
>>51286679
look for interesting interactions between cards, thats where the meat of the game is.
>for example: Boros Reckoner + indestructable + lifelink = infinite life gain
>Altar's reap + creatures with some form of recurrence
>yata yata yata
>>
>>51286679
also Mycosynth wellspring + trader's post
>>
>>51294961
Get those attack heavy creatures that cost low.
>Most of em are balanced with that you have to sacrifice them at the end of the turn.
>>
>>51293559
Why not just have them target themself?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.