[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/: Star Wars General - Young Farmboy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 94

Previous Thread: >>51287569

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: 1484794080858.png (74KB, 942x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484794080858.png
74KB, 942x500px
>>51284872
So the "Sabbacc Fortune" is going well.
>>
File: Needs Greebles.png (402KB, 1615x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Needs Greebles.png
402KB, 1615x1079px
>>51288434
I decided to give it the sensor dome off an Imperial corvette. It needs more work - a lot more work - but threw on some basic colours.
>>
File: Falcon Scale 1.png (393KB, 1921x789px) Image search: [Google]
Falcon Scale 1.png
393KB, 1921x789px
>>51288441
It's pretty big compared to the Falcon, but it needs to if you're going with dual snub fighter hangars.
>>
>>51288456
>>51288441
>>51288434
This ship was designed using the attached PDF. Print off one sheet per player, and have them circle an item. Mash the items together and generate a starship.
>>
Prequals wuz good and shiiet.
Gorge Lurcars dindu nuffing rong.
Muh 50ties and political allusions and shieeeet.
>>
>>51288434
Just checking in, it's spelled "Sabacc."

Otherwise... an original ship, in my /swg/? Naw.
>>
>>51288421
First for high impact OT3 slashfic
Rum, Sodomy and the lash, right?
>>
if we wanted to find an old consular-class for the rebellion, where would a good place to look be?
something like that cant be easy to find
>>
>>51289204
>if we wanted to find an old consular-class for the rebellion, where would a good place to look be?
>something like that cant be easy to find
There would probably be a few floating around the black market, but you'd need some very particular contacts to access that particular arcane segment of the business. And, since that would be a class highly desired by pirates, there'd likely be a bidding war. But you could almost certainly lay hands on one that way if you had to
Second option; there's likely more than a few in Imperial reserve stockpiles and boneyards. They're gonna have pretty good security and the ship is like to be halfway to a hulk, but theft is certainly an option
Third, little boats like the consular would have gone down in massive numbers in the Clone Wars, and a certain percentage of the wrecks are gonna be salvageable, though pirates and mercs and other rebels are gonna have picked the most obvious ones already. But there're gonna be a few repairable hulls out there if you know where to look
>>
>>51289248
on that note, what is the smallest possible crew you could use to activate it? the crew in the manual i think also includes personnel not strictly needed to fly it
>>
Has anyone else noticed that the Sith code only ever truly worked for Vader? he's the only person who was freed by The Force.
>>
have defence die ever really worked? they only work half the time, and only stop 0.3 wounds

the only thing they seem to do is be the only thing that can stop lightsabers, if only barely
>>
>>51289309
Fuck, like 4-6 guys could get it moving and into hyperspace, get it to where it's going but not be able to fight worth a shit

On an important side note, when FFG was coming up with crew numbers, at least for the small warships, I suppose they didn't quite get that such a ship would need three shifts of the listed crew numbers to operate properly, though a pirate or rebel boat could get by with one full shift and a couple guys to stand watch the other 16 hours of the day, but that would be extremely raggedy-assed in any situation aside from pirate-style raiding
>>
Why aren't there any replicant/synthetic androids in Star Wars? Is the concept just not really expanded upon? It seems like the technology would be there given the cybernetics we see with Luke's hand. Regular droids seem to possess or develop personalities all the time too, so they're already human-like without even looking it.

Asking because I have a player who wants to create either this or a heavily cybernetic human - Ghost in the Shell style.
>>
>>51289502
there dont seem to be replicants that advanced, although a infiltrator droid with synthflesh would make a half decent attempt, although it would look incredibly unsettling of you looked at it up close

bio-tech is not actually very advanced, preferring heavy handed plastics or metals, and obvious mechanical prosthethics, rather than manipulating cells
>>
>>51289502
>Why aren't there any replicant/synthetic androids in Star Wars?

Would you rather be dead or trapped in a negro body for the rest of your life?
>>
File: star_wars_droid_works_cover_717.jpg (72KB, 328x400px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_droid_works_cover_717.jpg
72KB, 328x400px
People who've run droid characters:
Have you ever BUILT your character?
>>
>>51289502
Guri, Xizor's bodyguard and personal fuck-bot.
>>
>>51289874
This, yeah. She was a Human Replica Droid. Legends canon only though, but if that's good enough for you, then there you go.
>>
File: SagaDroids.jpg (311KB, 1198x1376px) Image search: [Google]
SagaDroids.jpg
311KB, 1198x1376px
>>51289837
I haven't played a droid in a long time... a long time.
>>
File: 1484717052689.jpg (183KB, 735x912px) Image search: [Google]
1484717052689.jpg
183KB, 735x912px
>>
>>51290319
I fucking loved that book. I wish I still had it as a lore reference book for the FFG RPG.
>>
>>51289837
I can do the jawa voice from it to annoy the shit out of PC's
>>
>>51289837
>>51290319
I've only ran FFG Star Wars and droids feel like what is basically just another race and not, well, droids. I feel that WEG & Wizards did better in making droid characters feel more like a machine rather than just another random race. If only the Droid character rules in WEG were less nonexistant.
>>
>>51291322
It'd be a bit of a nightmare to make droids function on their own entirely separate system though.
>>
File: herbet-wan-ken-obi.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
herbet-wan-ken-obi.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>51288421

>Fresh Young Farmboy

Hey, want to play with my lightsaber?
>>
File: JH_REUP_Softcoverblarg.png (2MB, 1379x844px) Image search: [Google]
JH_REUP_Softcoverblarg.png
2MB, 1379x844px
General question: what's /tg/'s opinion on SWD6?

I came across REUP recently, and I was thinking of running a game, but I'm not too familiar with the system.
>>
>>51291461
I'd say it's probably second best. Better than d20, but can't really stand up against FFG.
>>
>>51291461
>General question: what's /tg/'s opinion on SWD6?
Pretty good. Even if you don't use d6, the splat books are a goldmine of lore and starships for use in the other game systems.
>>
File: Falcon Scale 2.png (477KB, 1715x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Falcon Scale 2.png
477KB, 1715x1085px
>>51288585
The guy spelled it with 2 "b"s in the original image. I figured it was a deliberate misspelling, like "Khrome"
>>
>>51291461
Its an old system that was good for the time.
I regularly plunder the modules and books (both D6 and D20) for a literal mountain of fun stuff
>>
>>51289309
In TPM, didn't it just have Qui gon, Obi, and the two pilots?
>>
>>51291461
Arguably better than FFG's system depending on what you want out of it. D6 is very easy to house-rule and has much better scaling than FFG, in fact it's got the better vehicle rules in general. It's more of a simulationist (insofar as star wars can be) system compared to the more narrative mechanics seen in FFG's, and is a lot more dangerous for PCs, especially if they're scrooges with character points.
>>51291680
As far as I remember, I'm pretty sure that R2 single-handedly flew a Venator in TCW too.
>>
>>51291720
>>51291680
Being able to fly something doesn't imply you only need the one guy for a long-term crew. Anakin landed half a ship too, with a little help from another guy, but there's a difference between flying and crewing.
>>
Ok so I have an idea for a list but I'm not sure how to best implement it. I want big ships with a lot of red dice complimenting each other.

For fun:
Starkiller Base Pilot
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner
Starkiller Base Pilot
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner
Lieutenant Dormitz
-FCS
-Hyperwave Comms Scanner

This can counter deploy against any list and chuck red dice like mad. Takes a bit to turn around though.

Major Stridan
-Experimental Interface
-FCS
-Fleet Officer
-Systems Officer
-Weapons Guidance
-Pattern Analyzer
Rear Admiral Chiraneau
-Expose
-Weapons Engineer
-Inspiring Recruit

This can compliment Chiraneau with each ship having 4 red dice, target locks, and focuses on each attack. Pattern analyzer combos with Inspiring recruit to do 1 red turns in the shuttle while still giving out actions. Green for RAC locks, action to coordinate RAC expose, EI to fleet officer. RAC moves and can bump without fear. Action could be to boost if I drop some upgrades.

Kylo Ren
-Expose
-EI
-Inspiring Recruit
-FCS
-Pattern Analyzer
RAC
-Expose
-Weapons Engineer

4 red dice and 5 red dice each turn with target locks/focus. Less synergy than the last one, but Kyle brings his ability to couple with RAC's crits, and a second exposing ship.

Thoughts? The space Cadillac is more maneuverable and powerful than the space cow. And I think the triple threat list would be fun. Get into range 3, chuck 12 dice, get a lock, 0 stop and lay on the trigger.
>>
>>51290319
>in a long time... a long time.
I think my cooking's awesome
>>
>>51288434
>>51288441
>>51288456
Sabbacc Fortune guy here. All that 3d look hella cool. The size is pretty accurate as it is considered a Medium Freighter and the same size category as the ubiquitous Action VI (Sil 5). Plus being able to launch 2 snubfighters takes space. Sure its cramped, dirty and cluttered space but it needs space none the less.
>>
File: [autistic shrieking].jpg (372KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
[autistic shrieking].jpg
372KB, 1680x1050px
Space Nazgul with some connection to Nihilus--viable Sith antagonist concept or no? If yes, what makes more sense fluff-wise? Sith fanboys who did enough homework to become shitty watered down knock-offs of the OG or fragments of Nihilus' spirit that splintered off and manifested some time after his burial?
>>
>>51292842
It's an interesting idea, and I think I'll use it myself. I'd rather they be Force Ghosts or something, tied to some Sith Lord's Holocron, or power, to tie into why the Nazgul themselves are terrifying, however. Plus fighting something that can strip the Force from you and kill you might be a bit much.
>>
>>51292884
Strip force abilities and thats it. No force abilities can be used while they are near so they are immune. Anti-force ghosts immune to lightsaber damage would be terrifying to any Jedi.
>>
>>51292842
How about a bit of both. Some cult springs up, starts imitating a sith lord and eventually finds an artifact of their power, probably a holocron. They decide to open it, only to for their minds to be overwhelmed and bent to the will of the sith lord, essentially becoming hosts to his force ghost.
>>
>>51292884
>I'd rather they be Force Ghosts or something, tied to some Sith Lord's Holocron, or power, to tie into why the Nazgul themselves are terrifying, however.

That's kind of why I'm trying to figure out how to tie them to Nihilus. When he was buried, he made contact with Korriban's dark side nexus. Surely that sort of thing would allow him to do spookier shit than just throwing unintelligible insults at wannabes like Darth Krayt. Plus, I love the concept of the guy and feel like KOTOR 2 kind of squandered his potential. Seems like there's so much more that could be done with him.
>>
What exactly is it that makes the Move power so powerful?
>>
>>51292984
You can throw AT-ATs at people. Quite easily.
>>
>>51292984
>What exactly is it that makes the Move power so powerful?
if you dump enough XP & force points into it you can use it to hurl YT-1300s at your enemies.

What more do you want?!
>>
>>51292930
Fair enough. I guess I was thinking the splinters or what have you would have the full gamut of Nihilus's powers and that's some high tier shit.

>>51292949
That's pretty cool, yeah.
>>
Quick question /swg/. I'm playing Imperial Assault on Tabletop Simulator and we want to use the non-core scenarios. Do any scans of the other rulebooks exist?
>>
>>51291680

As I recall it, the visual dictionary for the film specifies that that particular vessel was set up for discrete diplomatic operations, with the majority of shipboard functions covered by droids/automation. Fewer people on board means fewer sources for leaks.
>>
>>51292984

It starts off reasonable, but with sufficient investment of XP (in the skill and in Force Rating upgrades from talent trees) you can hurl awfully large things, very easily.

>>51292718

I've got her picture in my photo wagon.
>>
>>51289309
in strongholds of resistance there's a side-bar that says that a skeleton crew would be 1/4 or less than 1/2 of it's listed crew. however in the AoR core it lists each crew position on the ship. strangely it calls for 4 engineers to operate, which is strange when you consider that both the gozanti, GR-75, and VCX-100 are very similar in size and only need 1 engineer each for a full crew...

Guess Consular engines are more finicky than others.
>>
>>51293183
Ha ha keep it popping
>>
>>51291461
I still run it. In my opinion, it's the best system there is.
>>
>>51290068
To be fair, Shadows of the Empire is probably one of the likliest of Legends canon to be reofficialized. Black Sun is already canon, as well as Xizor's race and their connections to Black Sun. Plus the story has very little in the way of continuity issues with current canon. At this point it would be easy to just say "Shadows of the Empire is canon", but what will likely happen instead is it will get revisited somehow.
>>
>>51293328
REUP or the one of the original editions?
>>
>>51293357
>To be fair, Shadows of the Empire is probably one of the likliest of Legends canon to be reofficialized. Black Sun is already canon, as well as Xizor's race and their connections to Black Sun. Plus the story has very little in the way of continuity issues with current canon. At this point it would be easy to just say "Shadows of the Empire is canon", but what will likely happen instead is it will get revisited somehow.
Pablo and a lot of the storyboard hate SotE, mostly because of Dash being a cheap knockoff and Xizor being a rapey creep.
>>
>>51293416
In my opinion, REUP is WAY too wordy and unnecessarily detailed. I run a modified/simplified version of the WEG-published Second Edition, Revised & Expanded.

The most important part of WEG's D6 Star Wars RPG is that rules and rulings can be made up on the fly. There's a quote from the book that says as much:

"No set of rules can cover every situation. It's expected that you will make up new rules to suit the needs of your game." - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2R&E, pg. 69, WEG, 1996.

REUP defeats that idea by including each and every homerule that an entire community of players has come up with over two decades. That doesn't improve the game. Rather, it just slows it down.

Star Wars is cinematic. We don't see the heroes of the Rebellion worrying about food, or sleep, or recharging their droids - unless, of course, those things add to the story.
>>
I need images! Images of light freighters!
>>
>>51288421
Why wouldn't the Tusken Raiders attack these and take all the water
>>
File: swx33_preview[1].jpg (39KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
swx33_preview[1].jpg
39KB, 590x250px
So I brought this list to my LGS and it did well but me and this other player both agreed that the K-Wing needs TLT. Problem is we can't figure out what to change. Thoughts?

>Rey
VI
Finn
Kanan
TFA Title
>Miranda
EM
Conner Net
Ion Bombs
Cluster Mines
Sabine
Adv SLAM
>>
>>51293925
I would suppose the jawas have some defenses set up. Tusken raiders aren't exactly known for their siege weaponry.
>>
>>51294006
I'm pretty wary of Cluster mines after watching a Tie/sf fly through all three in one maneuver and suffer 1 damage before Sabine.
>>
File: a3366014855_10.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a3366014855_10.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
Alright, don't know where else to put this, sor I'll ask here.

I'm doing a heavily cyberpunk inspired campaign and I'm using EotE rules pretty much out of the box, the only thing really home brewed is the setting.

But I want net diving/hacking to be more of a thing, with Deck customization and everything. I know half the solution would be to make a rig with upgrades akin to cybernetics, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to integrate a more robust hacking system into the game?

Ifeed possible, how to boil a Netrunner game down to thirty seconds of decision making amd gear/programs choices that translates into a dice pool. I don't want to do a dungeon crawl for one person, just a way to put more flavor and choice into a computers check.

Tl;Dr how do I make hacking more cyberpunk and as interesting as combat?
>>
File: RCO012[1].jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012[1].jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>51293925
Because.
>>
>>51294196
Agreed. It's helped me once so far but that was due to my opponent flying into it and only having one hull, and it was actually Sabine who delivered the finishing blow. That's only 4 points though which would be enough for Autoblaster or Dorsal Turret.
>>
>>51294219
Have you checked out the expanded slicing rules in Special Modifications? Also perhaps treat decks as a crafted tool or mobile workshop from that book
>>
>>51294219
I believe Special Modifications has in depth Slicing rul... Anon above beat me to it. You could always run a cyberpunk campaign in Star Wars, Nar Shadaa and Coruscant are ripe for that kind of scum.
>>
>>51293230

She's probably love to honky-tonk.

>>51293464

They are in the unique position of being able to work in parts of the story into nucanon, while simultaneously improving on the flaws.

I doubt they would, however. It is easier just to leave it well alone.

>>51294219

As already pointed out, Special Modifications has good hacking rules. It also has rules for creating stuff like cybernetics, which could fit what you are looking for.

In short, get Special Modifications. It is the book that keeps on giving.
>>
>>51294287
How often is the extra pilot skill helping Rey out right now? Seems like aces are few and far between at top level play atm. But if your local meta is ace-heavy, then you'll want to keep VI.
>>
>>51292636
Looks solid. The UPS looks to be a useful heavy gunship type, not unlike the YV. Kylo w/ swarm leader, hux crew, and some x7 defenders seems mean.
>>
>>51294434
I haven't played many people in my local meta but the one's I have love Soontir.
>>
I'm surprised that there are no lightsaber techniques that incorporate cortosis shields or anything. Is there any particular reason for that? or has it really never occurred to them that having a big slab of laser-sword-proof metal between them and an angry Sith might not be a bad idea?
>>
>>51294006
I've run the same thing and it is awesome. Because Rey is so expensive you just have to choose between TLT, bombs, or homing missiles.
>>
>>51294485
Jedi are space samurai, samurai don't use shields.
>>
>>51294313
>>51294332
>>51294409
Thanks guys! I'll check out the book and see what it has to offer, which from what it sounds like is quite alot.
>>
File: 1427912364149.jpg (224KB, 938x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1427912364149.jpg
224KB, 938x1200px
Sup nerds.

Sabine is Obi-Wan's daughter (dude got around), hooks up with Luke, has Rey, is dumped on Jakku by Ben Solo.

Solved it for you.
>>
>>51294536
Fanfiction.org/10
Made me cringe.
>>
>>51294536
That is the worst blaster I've ever seen, and Rey is far too uninteresting to be related to Kenobi. Also Luke would never cheat on Mara.
>>
File: image.png (1023KB, 860x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1023KB, 860x621px
>>51294511
Wrong!

>>51294485
Big shields are really only for fighting in formations. Why they don't use a buckler or something is beyond me.
>>
>>51292842
Throw in some nightsister magic if you can
>>
File: 1414538474740.jpg (195KB, 679x595px) Image search: [Google]
1414538474740.jpg
195KB, 679x595px
>>51294536
>Two pasty white folks make an asian kid who looks nothing like them
I know this is space fantasy but come on, my mando'a
>>
>>51292984
You know how OP Vader is in the new comics? Imagine a game with one or more force attuned PCs
>>
>>51294587
Mara doesn't exist, Rey's not uninteresting, also awesome fucking blaster and mando armor.
>>
>>51294654
>no flaws at all
>interesting
Literally pick only one.
>>
>>51294587
I think the blaster looks ok.
>>
So, how could one run around as a force sensitive who is comparable to Corvo Attano/Emily Kaldwin in terms of ability? Could you use Move to grab unconscious enemies and pull them towards you to stash them out of sight?
>>
>>51294609
Now that I'm thinking about it, I figure it's not unlikely that sabine's father was a clone trooper
[/spoiler]maybe it was Fives[/spoiler]
>>
>>51294699
Corvo's biggest power is teleporting, and I'm not sure Jedi can do that.
>>
>>51294671
>Memeing this hard

She has flaws you just refuse to recognize them, so far she following the traditional hero's journey and most of the flak the movie gets isn't about her as it's about the reused tropes from the rest of the series. great bait though.
>>
>>51294719
but could you use Emily's Pull ability or Domino?
>>
>>51294719
but they got that Force power: enhance, so he could run and jump so fast that it seems like he's teleporting!
>>
File: 6578757_orig.jpg (44KB, 736x436px) Image search: [Google]
6578757_orig.jpg
44KB, 736x436px
>>51294501
Nice to see someone else running it too! I'll probably practice with a few different builds before settling on one before the next local tournament.
>>
>>51294752
Tell me her flaws, not that anon but I'd like to actually get other peoples' opinions on her.
>>
>>51294654
>>51294687
It's white, the barrels are too small and it's only got one stock. It's awful.
>>
>>51294654
Not the other guy, but that blaster is complete shit and doesn't fit the Star Wars aesthetic at all.
>>
>>51294719
Legends had a Force Teleport power. IIRC, it came up during the post-Vong era though so nobody gave a shit.
>>
>>51294918
It actually came about in the Hand of Thrawn Duology, but no main characters ever learned it above parlor trick levels till after the Vong.

People give Zahn shit for the Luuke cop-out? No, the worst thing Zahn ever added to the EU was fucking teleportation.
>>
File: 1484268696159.jpg (199KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1484268696159.jpg
199KB, 595x842px
>>51294587
>Luke would never cheat on Mara.
Mara Jade does not exist, per Pablo.

>>51294609
Sabine's mother would have the opportunity to meet Obi-Wan (Filoni made sure to make sure that was hinted at), and obviously would be the Asian half of the equation.

>>51294654
>also awesome fucking blaster and mando armor.
I have no strong feelings about the image one way or another.
>>
File: 1398095483503.png (215KB, 600x820px) Image search: [Google]
1398095483503.png
215KB, 600x820px
>>51294951
To me the obvious answer is Bo-Katan for Sabine's mother. Has met Obi-wan, is part of deathwatch and tied to house visla, and has the right ties to mando leadership
>>
>>51295044
Also, is best waifu
>>
Pretty sure Sabine's mom was explicitly in the trailers for S3 and wasn't anybody we'd seen before.
>>
>>51295098
Per Dave Filoni Sabine's mother was part of Death Watch and would "probably" have been present for Clone Wars S5E13. So not saying you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure Rebels will end with Obi-Wan revealing his parentage to Sabine and all of us going "FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Or Maul kills Obi-Wan and becomes him. That could be cool too.
>>
>>51294752
>speaks every language in the galaxy
>inb4 they only show her talking robot, wookie, basic, whatever language Teedo speaks in the beginning and any other language they have the opportunity for her to speak
>can fly anything despite only having experience in a virtual trainers
>inb4 virtual TIEs fly just like the Falcon
>hilariously adept with the force despite zero training
>inb4 kylo ren is just bad, please ignore the blaster bolt he holds stationary for several minutes
>>
>>51294786
Most of the Mary Sue shit is from her seeming infallibility in the movie, it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, at least in my view and while I agree she wasn't characterized as well as she could have been by the writing, she is not a masterful mechanic or pilot or Force-sensitive Proto-Jedi. She's less proficient than Han and Chewie especially at the mechanical shit, as he marks she has a lot to learn about both piloting and mechanics. The compressor bypass was a lucky pull at the stuff in the cockpit of the falcon, and she'd been in it before, Plutt was repairing it and she was helping him. As for her use of the force it's believeable, and her skill with a Saber is non-existent, though some part of her staff skill might be transferable, Kylo was severely injured and unfocused from killing Han, that's literally the only way she survived aside from the Force gifting her with the strength necessary. Now, I don't have all day, so I'll just end this by saying that many of her character flaws have yet to be presented in the films, but there is potential there, plenty of it. She's likely going to have struggles with the Jedi code, whatever shape it takes under luke and also troubles with controlling her anger, especially when it comes to Kylo, as she had an expression of rage on her face before the planet split. I liked her character, and see a lot of blank spaces to be filled in that could be both flaws or otherwise, It's up to Disney to do it right.
>>51294861
>>51294860
I was joking and being contrarian about the gun, although I have no problem with it, really do like the armor though.
>>
>>51295098
I'm pretty sure that she was a Deathwatch trooper than shot a missile in that episode where Maul took over Mandalore. Also Sabine is just a Mando, not related to any other named characters because not everyone needs to be a Solo or Kenobi or Skywalker to be special.
>>51295196
Rey's competence makes sense in context, but that context wasn't given by the film. A couple shots of her in a flight sim or helping Wazorrrk Flathon fix her old beat up Z-95 would've done wonders for making her look way less sueish.
>>
File: TIE striker box.png (93KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TIE striker box.png
93KB, 300x300px
Just picked this up and the wings are articulated.

SIENAR DOES IT AGAIN!
>>
>>51295196
>she doesn't have flaws but she has the potential for flaws later on and that makes it okay
>>
File: mifune.jpg (22KB, 267x349px) Image search: [Google]
mifune.jpg
22KB, 267x349px
>>51294609
>Asian
Wait, she's supposed to be Asian? I always figured she was mestizo or something. What the hell kind of Asian is she supposed to be? Japanese? Chinese? Korean? Vietnamese? Flip?
>>
>>51295327
Could be Manchu or Mongolian.
>>
>>51295327
Space. She's space asian.

Her VA's some shade of brown though.
>>
>>51295289
I have to say adaptive aerilons seem fun as hell to play with.
Also, I thought all the Rogue One ships were sold out everywhere, have they reappeared?
>>
>>51295396
There's a few out there. This was the only one on the shelf at my FLGS and I've seen a couple U-Wings at Barnes & Noble
>>
>>51295382
>Indian Bengali descent.
>>
>>51295327
She looks a bit like she's part thai?
>>
>>51295396
>>51295414
Striker seems to be coming back in stock. U-Wing is still fucked. Thanks FFG
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 866x1300px
>>51295470
Nah, the nose is all wrong.
>>
>>51295491
Also, Wave X have been on the boat since October. Seems a bit long.
>>
>>51295276
I agree completely, JJ should have added something in to make her abilities more apparent before just showing them.
>>51295295
Her character is not done or over with and until disney kills her, I won't consider it that way, but you cannot boil my argument down to that statement her character flaws as presented so far are, a marked lack of confidence in herself, (I guarantee her reluctance to be a hero will come up again), recklessness, and a disregard for the lives of others when her own is in danger, not necessarily a flaw but not a character aspect Jedi treasure. If these aren't enough for you, fuck off to a place where bitching about a character, with no real reason, actually has merit.
>>
>>51295525

Official street date on Wave X is 2/2
>>
>>51295591
>disregard for the lives of others when her own is in danger
Yeah, I remember the part where she ran away and left Finn to fight Ren alone, oh wait.

>lack of confidence in herself
>recklessness
She's reckless because she IS confident. She KNOWS she can control minds with the force, so she goes ahead and does it despite having no training. She KNOWS she can climb right up the side of the inside of starkiller base, so she just goes and does it. Her confidence is fine. Her only real problem is abandonment issues, and that's not really a character flaw.
>>
>>51295276
>Sabine is just a Mando, not related to any other named characters because not everyone needs to be a Solo or Kenobi or Skywalker or Clan Visla to be special.
>>
File: BladeRunner1982Blaster01.jpg (50KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
BladeRunner1982Blaster01.jpg
50KB, 450x300px
>>51294654
>>51294687
>sleek plastic firearms with rails
>Star Wars

Pick only one.

Slapchop a half dozen milsurp props together and you're in business.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 1436x809px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 1436x809px
>>51295721
Not always.
>>
>>51295660
That's a situation where there was no escape, other times in the movie she runs off because she is afraid and in danger, not caring or not considering what happens to anybody else. I said confidence in herself, not in her abilities, while inextricably linked there is a distinction between the two. I'd say climbing in star destroyers about 300000x her size would let her know she can climb with ease. Recklessness, for instance her flying the falcon with nothing but virtual tie or shuttle pilot training, resisting the First Order, not giving BB-8 to Unkar Plutt, altruistic or not, all can be chalked up to recklessness, which whether it comes from confidence or not, it IS a flaw, not a huge one, but still a flaw. Yeah abandonment issues play into it, she's no different than Anakin in that respect, albeit his come from abandoning rather than being abandoned.
>>
>>51295756
>implying TFA is cannon
>>
File: CBPRS_MNAR-4.jpg (907KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
CBPRS_MNAR-4.jpg
907KB, 2592x1456px
>>51295889
So you're only allowed to have WWII guns with tacky shit strapped on in star wars?
>>
>>51295889
it's canon* and yes TFA is canon.
>>
>>51295756
>brought to you by the minds behind the useless chrome trooper and DeathStar 3: Planet Death

Disney can have their goofy new Stormtrooper gear, the point stands. That shit ain't gritty like iconic Star Wars material.
>>
>>51295196
>Most of the Mary Sue shit is from her seeming infallibility in the movie
No it's mostly down to Jar Jar Abrams' shit-tier writing.
>>
>>51295327
>Wait, she's supposed to be Asian?
No, but people freak out when you don't address the fact that she CLEARLY HAS ASIAN PARENTS ERMAGEHRD.

Plus Sabine being Rey's mom makes Rey Asian, which explains why she's good at everything. (Look at me, I'm JJ Abrams!)
>>
>>51295985
He wasn't the only writer Lawrence Kasdan has to take some of the blame. and disney being afraid to tread new ground and putting pressure on them might have had something to do with it, but I loved the movie no more or less than any of the others, it's simply part of the series to me now.
>>
File: bo katan.jpg (214KB, 1280x1978px) Image search: [Google]
bo katan.jpg
214KB, 1280x1978px
>>51295063
damn right she is
>>
>>51296001
>No, but people freak out when you don't address the fact that she CLEARLY HAS ASIAN PARENTS ERMAGEHRD.
She does? I don't watch Rebels and didn't watch all of TCW, so I'm behind on any critical plot developments that may have happened. The last thing I remember actually watching is the reveal that Maul's brother was Goldust.

>Plus Sabine being Rey's mom makes Rey Asian, which explains why she's good at everything. (Look at me, I'm JJ Abrams!)
This part I don't get. Did the most recent Trek film portray Sulu as an invincible master-of-all superhero or something?
>>
>>51296140
Asians are good at everything is a very old meme, my friend. Were you not raised in the states, perhaps?
>>
>>51296140
No people are just Salty J.J. Abrams got to make a star wars film and they didn't. also the old Asian meme.
>>
>>51296140
>She does?
Nobody knows. Her parentage is a mystery, except we know her mother was part of Death Watch.

>This part I don't get. Did the most recent Trek film portray Sulu as an invincible master-of-all superhero or something?
No, that was the Trump tax. But also yes they did sort of portray Sulu as hyper-competent.
>>
>>51296001
>No

If I think you're saying what you're saying, you're wrong, art people associated with Lucasfilm have actually said Sabine (and Dr. Aphra if you're curious) are supposed to look asian.

If you're talking about how star wars being in space means phenotypes are weird, than sure but even then you can apply ideas to aliens - Hera's dad is kind of yellow and her mom was green, but Hera is still more green than yellow. If Sabine's supposed to look asian then at least one of her parents is probably space asian for sake of continuity.
>>
>>51296178
I get the Asians being good at shit, not the connection to Abrams. Asians being good at everything, though, is news to me. I've only ever seen the stereotype applied to STEM, classical music, esports, copyright infringement, and cheating at business.
>>
File: zeille_by_bayanghitam-d850llz.jpg (199KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
zeille_by_bayanghitam-d850llz.jpg
199KB, 600x849px
>>51296258
>art people associated with Lucasfilm have actually said
Link it up, Froman.

>If Sabine's supposed to look asian then at least one of her parents is probably space asian for sake of continuity.
Not how genetics works necessarily, but sure, we can generally allow this.
>>
File: tumblr_mh695v4jww1rjgvl7o1_400.jpg (26KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh695v4jww1rjgvl7o1_400.jpg
26KB, 255x204px
>>51296299
>STEM, classical music, esports, copyright infringement, and cheating at business.

Yeah, like he said, everything.
>>
File: Rook_Kast.png (339KB, 432x510px) Image search: [Google]
Rook_Kast.png
339KB, 432x510px
I seem to recall there was speculation that Rook Kast, one of the Deathwatch members that backed Maul during the civil war, Is Sabine's mother. They certainly have more physical similarity than Sabine and Bo-Katan do.
>>
>>51296501
Bo-Katan is probably just fanwank. Rook Kast would be a really interesting choice.
>>
File: 1398065977645.png (1MB, 1911x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1398065977645.png
1MB, 1911x1071px
>>51296501
Hmmm
>>
>>51295327
Pablo said she was meant to be Asian
>>
>>51296881
Yeah. Personally I'd call her Cambodian or Tibetan.
>>
File: C1-hJAFXEAA3_Jk.png (339KB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
C1-hJAFXEAA3_Jk.png
339KB, 634x360px
>>51296881

This art from that new mobile game sure makes her look asian
>>
>>51296908
>Cambodian
>Mando'Rouge
Holyshit
>>
>>51296944
Delicious
>>
>>51296944
Aphra could pass for South American. Her artwork in the new comic reminds me of this broad:
>>
File: triocarlos.jpg (35KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
triocarlos.jpg
35KB, 500x367px
>>51296964
>Khmando Rouge
>>
>>51297018

Yeah, Aphra's more debatable, but that's probably because she's in comics. In some shots she looks very asian, in others she could be any kind of slightly brown race, or even one of the many flavors of the europes.
>>
>>51296964
>Sabine's family are complicit in the mass genocide of tens of thousands of their countrymen

While it would make for a pretty interesting story, I just don't think Disney will sell it.
>>
>>51297178
>What is Clan Wren of House Visla
>>
so as someone who has never played a star-wars tabletop is there some form of tinker/mad scientist type archetype in one of the table games?
>>
>>51297178
Disney doesn't call the shots, Lucasfilm does.
>>
>>51297302
Absolutely. Grab the Edge of the Empire core book from the pastebin as well as Special Modifications - Technician Careers.
>>
File: Alderaanexplosion.jpg (2MB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
Alderaanexplosion.jpg
2MB, 1920x818px
>>51297178
>Disney won't sell genocide
Tell that to the Alderaanians. And the Hosnianites. Hosnians? Hosnianians? Hosnianers?
>>
File: Kast.png (1MB, 1920x916px) Image search: [Google]
Kast.png
1MB, 1920x916px
>>51296501
>>51296529
>>51296601
Took a screenshot from the mid season trailer. The Woman is holding Kast's helmet. Note the stylised wing-horn things to the sides. Seems pretty clear cut.
>>
>>51297436
also the genosians
>>
>>51297436
>>51297455
And the Lasats (kindof)
>>
>>51297436
blowing up planets from afar doesnt have that same personal genocide feel as chopping people with a machete because bullets were getting expensive
>>
>>51297510
This. I'd wager that they'll maintain that most of the violence on Mandalore was limited to Maul loyalists and Bo-Katan loyalists duke-ing it out, with the New-Madalorians and civilian populace generally keeping their heads down or getting the fuck outta dodge.

I'm sure they want to show Kast and Saxon have a chequered past, but i doubt we'll get Sabine confronting her mom about the systematic slaughter of Sundari's populace. If there are killing fields on Mandalore, we aren't going to see them. Much more likely they'll have a big fight about artistic expression, freedom of speech, so on so forth.
>>
>>51297632
Have you read some of the new canon novels? They can get very graphic so I'm not sure why genocide being violet is off the table. Again Lucasfilm is calling the shots with the content not Disney; they're just a distributor.
>>
>>51297671
>Lucasfilm is calling the shots with the content not Disney
That's like saying Disney Nature calls the shots on Born in China, not Disney. Lucasfilm IS Disney now.
>>
>>51297671
Rebels is distributed via Disney XD, a kid's channel. Overt discussion about that sort of thing won't make it past the sensors.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a discussion about Sabine's people having done some pretty awful things, but that's more likely to come up in novels than on the show.
>>
>>51297724
>Lucasfilm IS Disney now.
No, they're a distributor of the movies and other content. Occasionally they'll come down but Lucasfilm does mostly its own thing in regard to Star Wars otherwise the storygroup would be a useless tool.

>>51297762
>Overt discussion about that sort of thing won't make it past the sensors
Have you watched some of the episodes? We've had rotting corpses displayed, characters tortured, beheaded and bisected why is it abnormal that Mandlore talks about its history? I mean we learned that Geonosis was genocided by canisters of lethal insecticides.
>>
>>51297444
Now the only question left is when did Obi-Wan smash Kast?
>>
>>51297762
no reason they couldn't talk about it like they did the Lasat and geonosians getting wiped out.
>>
>>51297832
Probably never. He never had a chance to return to Madalore after his confrontation with Maul.

Rex though... he was there for the siege...
>>
File: anderson.jpg (76KB, 736x394px) Image search: [Google]
anderson.jpg
76KB, 736x394px
Looking for some opinions on the Jedi Academy Trilogy because I found them in my basement
I've heard mixed things about them and would like some opinions
What I've heard is that is has a pretty simple prose, the story is pretty star wars cliche in that it has a superweapon and shit, but positives in that it introduces a lot of EU concepts and characters for later
I've read the Thrawn Trilogy but I'm wondering if I should read these too
>>
>>51297965
Read the X-Wing books if you can get at them. They're much better.
>>
>>51298055
Noted, I've heard those are pretty good.
Any opinion on the Black Fleet Crisis?
I've heard it has a lot of ship to ship battles and is more military sci-fi than space opera which is something I've always liked in Star Wars but I only found the last 2 of 3 in my basement, wondering if the trilogy is also worth finding the first
>>
>>51298092
Black Fleet Crisis is weird, the Badguys are pbasically WW2 Japan combined with every bad thing arabs and jews have accused each other of. So they come off kinda edgy, almost comedically so.

The Luke subplot is AWFUL and really just an excuse to keep him out of Leia and Ackbar's Warplot and Lando, Lobot, and the Droids' Ghost ship B-plot.

Personally I liked them, but do yourself a favor and DON'T look up the new ships they gave the New Republic, they're fucking hideous looking.
>>
>>51298172
MC-90s? I personally like them the more than than the MC-80s and MC-40s.
>>
>>51298172
>DON'T look up the new ships they gave the New Republic, they're fucking hideous looking.
Now I'm curious, what are they?
>>
>>51298055
I keep hearing people say good things about the X-Wing series. Is it actually worth it?
>>
>>51297965
Honestly i loved them but they are kinda schlocky and stupid at times.

>Everyone walking in and out of the Maw with no trouble

>Nanny Droid machine gun

>The Suncrusher as a whole.
I still had fun and fucking love Daala.
>>
>>51298216
X Wing is gold dude. A mix of top gun MASH and star wars with a strong cast of pilots from both authors. Well mostly strong. Corran sucks.
>>
>>51297965
They have some good, some bad.
Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher are infamously terrible.
The Maw Cluster was a nice idea and Daala works well as a villain.
The shit in the temple with Exar Kun was also pretty stupid, but rather small time compared to the stupidity of the Sun Crusher.
>>
>>51298260
>Corran sucks
Is it going to ruin running Corran in x-wing for me?
>>
>>51297965
Jedi Academy Trilogy has some great ideas and KJA was one of the first writers to really start stitching together the Expanded Universe as a thing. Its a breeze to read and the action sequences are great (Tactical Babysitter Winter, the Battle of Mon Calamari, the round robin chases to and from the Maw, Toddler Solo Twins Adventures, etc), but by the end the Sun Crusher ends up being more overpowered bullshit than it should have been, Kyp Durron's character arc wraps up too neatly for the bad shit that he does, Exar Kun gets defeated by the power of friendship, and Wedge x Qwi Xux falls completely flat as a relationship.

>>51298055
Read the X-Wing novels. And comics. Pretty much anything starring Rogue Squadron is gold.

>>51298208
Don't believe their lies, the K-Wing is a magical kind of ugly RIP Tuke & Skids
>>
>>51298203
>>51298308
I don't mean the K-Wing or the Mc90. I mean the New Class Modernization Program ships
>>
>>51298300
Idk. Unless being a mary sue is a mechanic in that game.
>>
>>51297872
>Rex is assumed dead after order 66
>without his inhibitor chip, he's open to the full Mandolorian experience
>runs afoul of Maul's old crowd while the Empire goes about restoring order to Mandolore
>Kast fights him in hand to hand
>Rex is potentially the finest clone there is and after an epic struggle he emerges victorious
>Mando Women like a strong man

Sounds pretty plausible, honestly.
>>
So im gonna be running Beyond the Rim for my group and we are all pretty new to FFG. One of the things im kinda hung up on are Space battles. I've read the book but im not sure i get it completely yet. If you guys have some tips let a brotha know.
>>
>>51298172
>>51298237
>>51298281
Thank you all for the quick replies, I'll probably start reading them when I have an empty plate, series opinion aside
Means a lot
>>
File: Nebula-class(Star Wars).jpg (66KB, 688x368px) Image search: [Google]
Nebula-class(Star Wars).jpg
66KB, 688x368px
>>51298359
HAHAHAHAHA oh you have no fucking Idea

t. bitter Imperial player

>>51298326
You mean like pic-related? The Endurance and Nebula class Destroyers?
>>
>>51298408
Those... Those were not the original designs back when the book was written, they're retconned designs to replace complete and utter trash.
>>
>>51292756
Cool beans, glad it's looking good. I should have greebles, textures, and landing gear done tonight.
>>
>>51298408
Pic related was a complete retcon redesign of the original, which was atrociously terrible
>>
>>51298408
That ship looks pretty damn cool.
>>
File: Dsdctd.jpg (14KB, 600x182px)
Dsdctd.jpg
14KB, 600x182px
>>51298408
Wooow, those designs were awful.
>>
>>51298497
What the fuck.
>>
Got started on KOTOR now. Is there some general character build stuff i should know before I completely fuck myself over? I heard something about stopping leveling your base class to get the appropriate amount of jedi levels, about when do I do that? Also, a certain repair skill level is needed to get full use of HK-47, how much do I need?
>>
>>51298359
I mean, he can shoot twice in one turn if he sacrifices his next turn's shooting.
If that's mary sue, idk...
>>
>>51298497
It's just like my korean puppet shows!
>>
File: Dragonsnake_ship.jpg (111KB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonsnake_ship.jpg
111KB, 256x288px
>>51298497
Looks like an anorexic Venator that hit all the branches on the way down the ugly tree.
>>
>>51298359
>being a mary sue
But Corran's sole defining trait is his utter mediocrity.
>Bror Jace, Luke, Wedge, and Tycho are better pilots
>Luke is the better Jedi
>Kyle has better facial hair
>Nearly breaks his back trying to use a lightsaber on Thyferra
>Never correctly identifies traitors
>Gets ion'd on one of his first combat missions
>The only Rogue to get downed by a SAM in Isard's Revenge
>Got captured by Isard
Whistler is more competent than him for crying out loud.
>>
>>51298567
Why would the Invasion comics bring back the ugly versions?
>>
>>51298577
Idk man i just always felt like he was flat and mary sueish. Like the fact that he is in a elite fighter squadron and a jedi. Actually not even just a Jedi he was descended from some super speshul correlian jedi type wasnt he? Maybe im just sick of fucking Correllians.
>>
>>51298632
Elite fighter pilot and Jedi isn't really an uncommon combination.
>>
File: Mofference.jpg (478KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
Mofference.jpg
478KB, 1120x736px
>>51298092
Oh and anon, regardless of your thoughts on the quality, you're honorbound to read the Jedi Prince series. Otherwise, DARK GREETINGS and MOFFERENCES will pass you by.
>>
>>51298632
>super speshul correlian jedi type
There wasn't much special about them aside from not being as anti-fun as the PT OJO. They were cool with having waifus. That's about the only notable thing. And Corran's lineage just means that he sucks ass at telekinesis in exchange for being able to absorb energy or something, IIRC. So give and take. Special snowflake, but not sue-tier.
>>
>>51298577
>But Corran's sole defining trait is his utter mediocrity.
Corran's defining traits are 1. Corellian 2. Excellent but not outstanding pilot. 3. Jedi.

He's sort of like a Rogue Squadron pierogi. Like "all of these things can be in Rogue Squadron and here I am!"

He's pretty boring. (and it's true Kyle has the superior mane)
>>
File: jediprince.png (95KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
jediprince.png
95KB, 257x368px
>>51298673
>>
File: 34632x1.jpg (69KB, 700x241px) Image search: [Google]
34632x1.jpg
69KB, 700x241px
>>51295756
Almost a FG42 made lame
>>
>>51298359
No kyp durron is a mary sue not Corran Horn dumbass.
>>
File: Stateroom.png (333KB, 1922x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Stateroom.png
333KB, 1922x1084px
>>51292756
Surprisingly, the ship is pretty roomy in the central section thanks to the maximum width requirements. You've even got a sort of bridge or stateroom area at the front.
>>
>>51299254
You're right Corran Horn is a Snowflake Kyp is the real Mary Sue.
>>
>>51298382
what did rex think of luke, since a popular joke is that the bearded guy in rotj is him
>a skywalker?
>who is a really good pilot?
>and calls himself a jedi now?
>and was born in the outer rim
he could have plausibly brushed it off as a coincidence until rotj
>>
>>51299500
>a popular joke is that the bearded guy in rotj is him
Isn't the bearded guy a white dude?
>>
>>51299516
the guy actually has a legends name, nik sant I think, but after rex was introduced in rebels a running joke is that he was so hardcore he lived to fight on endor
>>
>>51299500
He probably thinks he's a bit weird. All the othe Jedi he's worked alongside were self sure and capable leaders. By comparison, Luke doesn't really know what "being a Jedi" means by RotJ, so he's just sort of making it up as he goes along. But the Skywalker name perhaps doesn't hold the same respect from him as it once did, assuming he's aware of who Darth Vader really is.
>>
>>51299570
not sure if rex knows, ahsoka had suspicions, but never got the chance to tell anyone after they were confirmed
>>
>>51299516
>>51299532

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CT-7567#Behind_the_scenes
>>
File: 1321560162117.jpg (9KB, 162x186px)
1321560162117.jpg
9KB, 162x186px
>>51298237
>Loving Daala
I mean, I get she has nice tits, but man, if there is a definition of crazy imperial, it would have her portrait as ilustration.
And competition in this field is quite fierce.
>>
>>51299570
>But the Skywalker name perhaps doesn't hold the same respect from him as it once did, assuming he's aware of who Darth Vader really is.
I'd wager that Rex would respect Luke a hell of a lot if they ever met and swapped stories right before Endor. The OT's time frame was longer than the Clone Wars. Luke by that point had more wartime experience than Clone-era Anakin, all while working with shittier supply lines, fewer reinforcements, and a foe far larger and more powerful than the CIS. If anything, that lack of formal Jedi training just underlines how badass the farm boy is to have gotten that far. Plus, unlike Anakin, Luke had to work his way up the ranks. He wasn't handed a high-ranking officer pay grade right on the spot.
>>
>>51299783
>luke and rex are total bros
>rex fights alongside another skywalker
I can get behind this
>>
>>51299772
Idk man that undying tenacity and pure white hot rage against the rebels is kinda endearing when paired with how fucking harsh and unlucky her defeats are.

>Daala warping into the Maw Installation during the Rebel attack from the grave in her battered Star Destroyer.
>>
File: IMG_1350.jpg (861KB, 3695x1410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1350.jpg
861KB, 3695x1410px
>>51299783
>high-ranking officer pay grade right on the spot.

Wait, Clones were paid? There was a scene where they were buying stuff at a bar, but I figured that they were using drink chits or Republic expense tabs.
>>
>>51299898
I think he was talking about Anakin.
>>
File: jAkgBKK.jpg (794KB, 3264x1531px) Image search: [Google]
jAkgBKK.jpg
794KB, 3264x1531px
>>51299926
I know, but why would the Clones resent officer pay if they weren't paid themselves? It wouldn't be a comparable experience.
>>
Just got my second ever X-wing win that wasn't against someone greener at the game than I am flying this list:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!197:96,-1,163,204:-1:15:;204:18,-1,93,148:41:-1:;66:140,141:-1:26:&sn=hard%20to%20fly
It's got bits I've picked up from you guys over several threads, predictably the part that was all my ideas (Blount) accomplished basically nothing. He got the missile off once on a falcon and caused a loose stabilizer but the thing had Kanan anyway so all I accomplished was denying stress-free sloops and I didn't live long enough to benefit from that. The guys I played with recommended I switch it out for a stressing TLT Y-wing which is probably a good idea and probably what I'll do next time though I also had an idea for a suicide A-wing with Rage and Proton Rockets.
Lando on Norra basically accomplished nothing, I think I got one useful evade off of it in all three games.
>>
>>51299972
Same reason Squad Sergeants get more respect than 2LTs IRL.
>>
>>51299992
Depends on the sergeant, T B H F A M
>>
File: Rookies.jpg (92KB, 680x836px) Image search: [Google]
Rookies.jpg
92KB, 680x836px
>>51299992
Using 2LTs is an unfair comparison. I've met spiders that go out of their way to sneer at 2LTs.
>>
>>51296096
hmmm,.. hot, green eyed, short haired, red head....yep that pretty much ticks all my boxes.
>>
>>51300066
Superb fucking taste anon.
>>
File: 1263422748296.png (3KB, 203x210px)
1263422748296.png
3KB, 203x210px
>>51299854
Nah, she was completely crazy and incompetent. I know authors tried to constantly prove otherwise, but look how most of her actions were driven by random emtions.
That she bacame leader of the Republic was one of the biggest ass-pulls of the old EU.

>"Hey people, remember that genocidal Imperial Admiral, that used super-weapons, bacteriological warfare, random violent attacks against defenseless worlds, who wanted to ram Coruscant with the Imperial Star Destroyer to kill billions of beings, and then disappeared Force-knows-where? Let's make her our president!"
>"Yay".
It was fuckin ridiculous.
>>
>>51299984
Wouldn't Blount be considerable more effective with deadeye instead of crackshot?

Also, I say Yea to suicide A-wings. Not because I think it would be more effective, but because crazy ideas always deserve at least one try.
>>
>>51300114
Probably, yeah, crackshot I think I just put in there basically at random since last I played I got really shit on by high agi stuff and wanted to guarantee at least one damage from the missile and then one from shooting since I figured that was all he would live for, deadeye would be better for the one missile but then I'd be high and dry for the second round of shooting. Someone recommended snap shot as another option but I doubt I fly well enough to leverage that, though I also thought I wouldnt fly well enough to get use out of Norra and Nien and those performed really well except the times when they imploded instantly.
>>
>>51300033
Never seen a sergeant more fucked than a 2lt. Never.
>>
>>51300111
Oh dont get me wrong the crazy incompetence is what i love about her. I dont know why but i just cant help but like her. Her being Chief of State or whatever is fucking stupid though no argument there.
>>
>>51300474
Well yeah, she worked as crazy, loose laser cannon, wrecking shit for everybody, because of her more or less imagined victim complex, aka vengence.
>>
>>51300295
I have, but only once, and that LT was prior enlisted, but it still technically counts
>>
>>51300111
>>51300578
I mean, she was fairly competent in Darksaber, it's just that her luck was absurdly bad
>>
>>51300657
So absurdly bad.
>>
>>51300578
Most Imperial leaders need to be completely unhinged, realistically. Otherwise the Rebellion/New Republic would be completely fucked. The Empire outnumbers, outproduces and outresearches the rebellion, so if the majority of military leaders act like Trawn, Palleon or Tagge, then the Rebellion is fucked. So instead we get Daala, Tarkin, Konstantine and a hundred more just like them, bumblefucking their way out of a supremely advantageous position.
>>
>>51294609
>come on, my mando'a
It's mando'ad you illiterate auretii
>>
>>51292756
Sabbacc Fortune guy, did you have a preference for engines? I'm thinking of 3 semi-embedded turbines, like this pic.
>>
>>51300787
>>51294609

Or you could say "ner vod".
>>
>>51300856
I know but I'm an autist and felt the need to correct the word that he used.

t. Mandofag
>>
>>51300855
Thanks for posting Best Light Freighter.
>>
File: notevenmad.jpg (263KB, 700x1069px) Image search: [Google]
notevenmad.jpg
263KB, 700x1069px
>>51300295
>>51300624
I got to attend a wonderful parade formation on Saturday morning because our barracks sergeant decided to go AWOL to Mexico.

Let me tell you how excited I was about that.
>>
>>51300879
That's so retarded I'm almost impressed
>>
>>51300879
>our barracks sergeant decided to go AWOL to Mexico
wow. I'm just... Impressed is a good word for it.
>>
>>51300879
Kinda wanna know more
>>
So is Thrawn the highest ranking non human in the Empire?

Is the Empire racist in the sense that they believe humans to be the supreme racial lifeform?
>>
>>51301219
yes and yes
>>
>>51300879
I remember hearing about a butterbar who went UA after discovering that he'd impregnated the seventeen year old girl he'd been cheating on his wife with.
That must have been a fun safety stand-down
>>
>>51301219
New Canon?

No idea. There don't seem to be a lot of ranks above "Grand Admiral", so he's probably the highest ranking non-human.

I'm not sure what the official line is, but it seems the Empire finds humans are predictable (and therefore, aliens are "unpredictable" and inferior). There's also a sense of disgust, like finding a centipede in your sock. The centipede didn't do anything to you, but you still smashed it, right?
>>
>>51301279
I dunno man, I always let the little dudes go. Can't blame them for being born a bit creepy.
>>
>>51301219
Human supremacy is one of the core tenets of the Emperor's New Order, but was enforced differently depending on the Moff. Near Humans like Thrawn had it a lot better than the weirder races, which were usually treated as second-class citizens or outright enslaved like the Wookiees.

Shitty treatment and occasional enslavement is more common in the Empire than GAS THE HUTTS SPACE WAR NOW
>>
>>51301279
In that scenario, I screamed like a bitch at the centipede, ran away, and promptly scoured any part of me that made contact with it or anything it touched, before collapsing into a violent panic attack. With spiders it's even worse. Makes the Krakna or whatever the fuck they are in the rebels episode hard to watch
>>
>>51301312
Are you sure you aren't a woman?
>>
File: nodumbzone.jpg (837KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
nodumbzone.jpg
837KB, 3264x2448px
>>51300923
>>51300944
>>51301157
>>51301259
This was a special kind of fuck up.

Because it wasn't like he went to Cancun.

He went to Ciudad Juarez. To bang his Norteno Wifey or some shit. In a fucking flop house. Which is where the Federales found him. Surrounded by weed.

Dude was just done with the military, I guess.
>>
File: oO6nTYG.jpg (215KB, 1320x1587px) Image search: [Google]
oO6nTYG.jpg
215KB, 1320x1587px
>>51301291
Good plan... but your soft heart will hinder your chances of promotion.
>>51301312
Now imagine it speaks Basic, is the size of a car, and is hitting on your sister.

That's why the Empire is xenophobic.
>>
>>51301329
what the fuck? How much time did he have left on his enlistment?
>>
>>51301328
My penis says Y chromosome, my brain says "fuck if I know". Some days I feel like a manly man, others I wish I was cute and more androgynous so I could wear cute feminine clothing.

Not trans or anything, but I am a big ball of ???
>>
>>51301351
>How much time did he have left on his enlistment?
I can't recall precisely but it was like 9 months.
>>
>>51301345
I've never seen any sentient Race though that disgusted me the same way, except MAYBE the zombie Geonosians. Biologically, I find them fascinating, same as anthropologically
>>
>>51301377
Probably would've gone better if he pulled a Private Pyle
>>
>>51301219
In new canon, it's Mas Amedda, hands-down. He's Palpatine's grand vizier and heads the Imperial Ruling Council. He's basically the absolute top of the Empire's bureaucracy, answerable only to Palpatine himself (although that probably wouldn't matter if Vader offered him a can of Diet Choke).
>>
>>51301580
So kinda like that Jewish guy Hitler publicly renounced as being Jewish and was hereby an aryan?
>>
File: Greebling Commences.png (862KB, 1927x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Greebling Commences.png
862KB, 1927x1085px
>>51288434
>>51288441
>>51288456
>>51288466
>>51292756

Time to add all those wonderful, tedious details.
>>
>>51301614
Remembered who I was thinking of, Ernst Moritz Hess, though his privileges didn't last
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>51301580
>Mas Amedda

And now it's time for a game we like to call "Names George Lucas can Use but Your Players Can't"

I'll start. Kit Fisto.
>>
where do i post about star wars destiny
>>
>>51301834
Biggs Darklighter
>>
>>51301834
You're just gonna read names off Wookieepedia, aren't you?
>>
File: Aks_Moe_CT.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Aks_Moe_CT.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>>51301876
Here, if you promise to use capital letters and punctuation as needed.
>>
>>51301893
Smalls Lightextinguisher
>>
>>51301834
Role Fizzlebeef
>>
File: b3512b8fd34db743701249d9ea62a036.jpg (274KB, 1502x992px) Image search: [Google]
b3512b8fd34db743701249d9ea62a036.jpg
274KB, 1502x992px
>>51301906
Well, no, I was hoping people would pick the most egregious ones. Names any honest GM would veto instantly.
>>
>>51301960
Damn near fell for it.

Shoulda put my faith in Blast Hardcheese
>>
>>51301921
as needed i can do. i prefer the aesthetic of the all-lowercase shit family, do not hate.

i traded for two Lukes and finally put together a deck out of an eLuke/Ackbar on Hoth shell, but i still suck at the game and i'm not even 100% sure i'm playing the rules correctly. i'm super hesitant to netdeck because i think it'll fuck up my ability to parse cards and card power on their own, but i'm kinda lost, here.

from my perspective - novice ccg player - Ackbar gives Luke, who is already fucking amazing, access to red upgrades and red events like Field Medic and Leadership shenanigans, and if his ability ever fires well that's just dandy i guess

so the goal is to use All In and make Luke swing as hard as humanly fucking possible, right? i built a deck tonight out of the eLuke/Ackbar + Hoth framework but i don't know if i should just post it here or find a place to link to, whatever

also people should just talk shop about Destiny because it's pretty fucking fun
>>
>>51295178
>>speaks every language in the galaxy
How is this different from Luke?
>>hilariously adept with the force despite zero training
Luke picked up deflecting the ball droid's zaps pretty fucking quick
>>
File: LwczbUg.jpg (230KB, 1500x1388px) Image search: [Google]
LwczbUg.jpg
230KB, 1500x1388px
>>51301985
> do not hate

Don't tell me what to do, you mouthbreathing fuck.

Aren't you trying to get responses here? Advice? Conversation?

Wouldn't posting grammatically correct sentences be a sensible idea? You could trick people into thinking your post was worth reading, instead of instantly removing all doubt and all interest.
>>
>>51302024
either a post has merit or it doesn't; i don't think capitalizing would significantly alter the expectation of replies, but then i also didn't expect to reply to a reply about capitalization

either you like Destiny and you should post about it (even give advice!) or you don't and you can continue not posting about it, namaste
>>
File: 913680d313ab9e6ba9b917db4cbf4bd6.jpg (355KB, 1648x1101px) Image search: [Google]
913680d313ab9e6ba9b917db4cbf4bd6.jpg
355KB, 1648x1101px
>>51302048
Come back to the internet when you're eighteen, anon. You're not ready for this yet.
>>
Stop being baited by e.e. cummings and post Sith Lords.
>>
File: 1481014306730.jpg (104KB, 810x987px) Image search: [Google]
1481014306730.jpg
104KB, 810x987px
>>51302170
>Stop being baited by e.e. cummings

Aww shit, were we being buffaloed?
>>
>>51295178
I always figured that when she accidentally goes into Kylo's mind she saw not only his fears, but also his memories of training with Luke, giving her a crash course in the use of the Force
>>
>>51302143
Imagine all the wasted space in a star destroyer. There must be just millions of empty rooms all over that fucker, it'd be creepy as hell.
>>
>>51302270
>empty
Those rooms would probably be filled with important shit like food, water, toilet paper, cigarras, hard drives full of porn, and illicit moonshining equipment.
>>
>>51302270
Every room has a purpose.
>>
>>51302021
Luke can't understand several languages, including wookie or whatever the guy at the cantina was speaking. Also he has a reason to understand droid beep, because he had to communicate with his repair driod. Rey never owned any droids and likely never worked with any functioning ones, so there is no valid reason for her to be able to understand it.

>mind tricks and resisting mind reading by a trained force user despite having no training at all are on the same level as sensing where to block while under expert instruction
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>51302292
>>51302368
No doubt, but even with that, there would still be millions of empty rooms. Either that, or they have enough food, water, and supplies to last at least a million years.

I know this is stupid, since I'm likely putting more thought into it then whoever drew that, but I work in architecture (admittedly not in military or naval design), that thing probably has somewhere between 13-25 million rooms at least. Water is the only military thing I can think of that would take up lots of room (seriously you'd be surprised at how little room supplies take up) and don't see a water reserve. seriously, even by the wildest attempts at filling those rooms up, I can't imagine there are less then 3 million empty rooms at once.

Once again, I don't make ships for a living, I wouldn't even call myself an architect, but that thing is fucking insane
>>
Why talk about Luke being a mary sue and make really awkward stretched arguments when Anakin "I'll try spinning" Skywalker is right there as a much better argument?
>>
>>51302489
Because Anakin was conceived by Midi-chlorians. Also he had lots of indirect training with the force while pod racing. He had to rely on sensing things before he could really see them. That's why no other Human could pod race.
>>
File: 5Sq1Hzm.jpg (314KB, 850x850px)
5Sq1Hzm.jpg
314KB, 850x850px
>>51300855
I had a 3D-printed model of one of those painted a while back.
>>
>>51302489
Yeah, but Anakin's character is "the chosen one who falls to darkness" so of course he should be born naturally talented, only to turn to evil due to his flaws.

And boy, did we ever get flaws.
>>
File: jedi4.jpg (1MB, 3200x2300px) Image search: [Google]
jedi4.jpg
1MB, 3200x2300px
Neat
>>
>>51302489
while luke does learn really quickly, we can chalk this up to being the (other) chosen one
>good at shooting
well, he does own a blaster in the trunk of his speeder, and his farm is attacked semi-regularly by sand people, so it makes sense he can shoot, he shoots better than we would expect, but its not unjustified
>good at piloting
he shoots womp rats from his airspeeder, obi-wan comments that he has become quite a pilot, and he complains to han that he could pilot his own ship rather than pay him 10k, and while he does down a pair of TIEs, both as a gunner and as a pilot, the story does point out that he is a good pilot
>good at sabering
he gets his ass handed to him by vader
>>
>>51298497
It looks fine. It's just badly drawn.
>>
>>51302519
And Rey is an "awakening", there's probably some obnoxious deus ex machina force wank backing her too.
>>
>>51302644
Man, what a fucking weird design. How does the gunner get in and out? How does the driver's head fit in there when he closes the hatch? What good is that center gun which can only hit people in the ankles?
>>
>>51302644
>that thing
>classified as a tank
I thought we were supposed to be in Space World War II, writers, not Space World War I.
>>
>>51302489
tbqh famh anakin was such a fuckup that no one in the world would think he is a mary sue
>>
>>51302747
Through the main hatch I assume.
>>
>>51302775
its a "cargo tank" so i guess a turret would have made it too heavy
>>
File: bmpt_2.jpg (145KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
bmpt_2.jpg
145KB, 800x441px
>>51302644
Wouldn't a turret arrangement like pic related make more sense?
>>
>>51302831
So instead of one medium turret in the middle they gave it two smaller turrets on the sides? Doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>51302644
>designing a tank to be in a city
Now I understand why it's completely retarded, it was made by someone who doesn't understand where tanks are supposed to go.
>>
>>51302904
what would a hypothethical city sweeping tank look like?
>>
>>51302440
I don't ever remember Luke going "Huh? What'd he say?" to anyone, and that is the only sure, no doubt, 100%, not a chance of mistake way to show that.

Seemed like there were some droids in the settlement on Jakku to me, but it has been a while since I watched TFA.

>Are you fucking kidding me?
I could ask you the same question. Obi helped, a tiny bit, but it was fundamentally Luke doing it. Rey resisting the mind reading is egregious, but the mind trick, on a subject indoctrinated from birth to follow orders, is not. So yes, I think they're on the same level.
>>
File: 1471668935090.jpg (242KB, 968x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1471668935090.jpg
242KB, 968x1089px
>>51302851
>two smaller turrets on the sides
Two smaller turrets that are also somehow meant to perform antiaircraft duties in a pinch if the diagram is any indication. And why is it filling the niches of both armored combat and hauling cargo? The mileage on that thing must be horrendous compared to a regular truck, and no sensible cargo hauler should be anywhere near enemy anti-vehicle weaponry anyway.
>>
>>51302727
They didn't say there was. Everything I said was plainly stated for the viewer in phantom menace. I'd be happy to take almost any of the asspull headcanon like >>51302218 IF they had mentioned it at all.
>>
File: urbanmech.jpg (46KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
urbanmech.jpg
46KB, 300x361px
>>51302914
>>
>>51302914
The whole concept of a city-sweeping tank is retarded, but if we're going full star wars, then a hover tank with droideka shields.
>>
>>51302914
I think the CIS tank would probably be alright for it, loads of independently aimed weapons to cover multiple places people could pop out from, hovers to clear rubble and obstacles, and rockets to blow up fortified positions.
>>
>>51303000
trips for tanks bro

they really should have brought that thing back
>>
>>51303000
>can't lock the hatches from the inside so anyone can open one up and throw grenades inside
Yeah, what a great design.
>>
>>51303011
The comics did, actually. The empire uses them sometimes.
>>
>>51303028
Is it that they can't be locked or is it that the droids were too stupid to ever lock them?
>>
>>51303044
Hard to say, but if a tank isn't retard-proof then it'd a bad tank.
>>
File: BMPT-72-6.jpg (858KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
BMPT-72-6.jpg
858KB, 1350x900px
>>51302914
Something like this, probably.
>>
>>51302442
The number of rooms would be VASTLY reduced by bulkheads, sealed compartments and internal armor (this is the big killer compared to civilian homes and their very thin walls), the absurd space taken up by massive banks of shields generators, gun-related equipment, and vast quantities of Tibanna Gas for the guns, plus enormous amounts of water and spare parts (like, enough to replace every single engine, reactor and life support bit 2-4 times)
>>
>>51303090
>half the deathstar is machinery
>the other half is spare machinery
>>
>>51301834
Arse Digglehorn
>>
File: T77 SPAAG_zpsm3lkwu3p.jpg (199KB, 854x791px) Image search: [Google]
T77 SPAAG_zpsm3lkwu3p.jpg
199KB, 854x791px
>>51303079
Or this, maybe.

While it's technically a SPAAG, six heavy machine guns are more than sufficient for commencing street sweeping operations.
>>
File: shitposting timetraveler.jpg (41KB, 293x293px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting timetraveler.jpg
41KB, 293x293px
>>51303079
Whys the inside of that barrel glowing bright blue?
>>
>>51303079
>>51303134
What you're missing is that no matter how fast you traverse or how many ERA plates you stick on your sides, you're an idiot if you drive your tank anywhere near where a trained monkey on an upper floor can blast through your roof with an RPG. There's a reason infantry are still very in style.
>>
>>51303134
I'd probably rate something like the Crusader AA higher in that regard, 2 rapid fire 20mm cannons meant that by the time they saw service they were basically exclusively used for suppressing Infantry and AT gun positions thanks to allied air superiority.
>>
>>51303171
tanks counter snipers and machine gun nests that so plague cityscapes, so having one to watch the infantry's back could be good

I was going to include a mission where the party babysits a tank in the middle of a street, >>51303000 this one looks like a good choice, if covered liberally with red racing stripes and starbirds
>>
>>51303090
>internal armor (this is the big killer compared to civilian homes and their very thin walls)

Shit, I never even thought of that. I feel stupid now. I imagine that's the real reason a star destroyer would be terrifying in battle.
>>
File: Dresden.jpg (222KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
Dresden.jpg
222KB, 1000x653px
>>51303193
>tanks counter snipers and machine gun nests that so plague cityscapes
So does planetary bombardment.
>>
>>51303291
from a certain point of view
>>
File: 1463798816373.jpg (119KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
1463798816373.jpg
119KB, 800x499px
>>51303169
Slavshit space magic.

It appears to be paint, though.

>>51303171
I'm well aware of the fact that a potential enemy could sneak up to the tank and put an RPG right into the unarmored sections. Especially if the tank is operating without infantry to support it.

However, only idiots and Russians send tanks into urban combat without infantry to screen them from anti-tank threats. In such a scenario the tank would act as a mobile base of fire for it's infantry screen. Much like how infantry and tanks form a mutually beneficial relationship in every other form of warfare, as they have for the last century. Obviously, a sneaky enemy could still put an RPG into the vehicle, but he'd probably get quickly killed by the infantry supporting the vehicle, and in any case, losses are an inevitable part of warfare.

However, I can give you the point about dedicated urban combat tanks being kinda stupid. An IFV or well-armored APC is far more practical, and allows for rapid infantry deployment as well.
>>
>>51303188
While that's also a good idea, I have a soft spot in my heart for the American practice of slapping increasing numbers of M2 machine guns on everything.
>>
File: infantry protection.png (415KB, 680x1252px) Image search: [Google]
infantry protection.png
415KB, 680x1252px
>>51303336
>only idiots and Russians
The Russians just have a different way of protecting their tanks with infantry.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 1008x644px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1008x644px
>>51303188
>Crusader AA
Bitch-tier, tbqh.
>>
>>51303291
That's not fair, what doesn't planetary bombardment solve?
>>
>>51303452

Ah yes, the ITT style of protection. Stormtroops can ride outside in the clamps and maybe shoot back - by which we mean take shots for the flying brick.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 316x195px
>>51303493
I wouldn't know. It's solved every problem so far.
>>
>>51303523
What... what do you do when the windage is off?

Just hope for the best and pray?
>>
>>51303552
Atomic weapons have a far larger tolerance for error.
>>
>>51303493
Low birth rates
>>
>>51303567
I wasn't worried about the target.
>>
>>51303552
>30 km firing range
>15 kt warhead
Wherever you were shooting at dies anyway and you get a nice warm breeze.
>>
>>51303580
It can still solve that, just eliminate demand.
>>
>>51303588
>you get a nice warm breeze.
That's what I'm worried about.
>>
>>51303588
Better question, what if the fuse malfunctions?
>>
>>51303581
A little bit of radiation never hurt anyone.

>>51303588
Just remember to bring sunglasses, and you should be fine.
>>
File: Sabaac.png (589KB, 1922x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Sabaac.png
589KB, 1922x1085px
>>51288434
>>51288441
>>51288456
>>51288466
>>51292756

Finally done the "Sabbacc Fortune". It's shit, but it was fun.
>>
>>51303916
It's hideous, i love it.
>>
File: Side View With Tube.png (1009KB, 1922x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Side View With Tube.png
1009KB, 1922x1084px
>>51303916
The side tube is as large as the Falcon's... from the films, not from the official blueprints. It would comfortably seat 3 across, with room for 2 or 3 more in the back.
>>
File: Textured Stateroom.png (600KB, 1922x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Textured Stateroom.png
600KB, 1922x1084px
>>51303938
The stateroom or main rooms at the centre is pretty substantial and provides a wonderful view. I wanted to give the windows a Star Wars feel without directly copying designs. The room could also be 2 decks high in theory but it would make more sense as a 2nd level.
>>
>>51303628
absolutely nothing
>>
File: Side View.png (578KB, 1922x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Side View.png
578KB, 1922x1085px
>>51303965
On the other side, it looks like someone welded a YT freighter to the original core of the ship at some point. Maybe this is where the hyperdrive goes? At the very least it would make the internal layout confusing as hell for boarders.

>>51303935
Thanks. If it was done by a competent drafter, I think it would fit into the universe fairly well. As-is, it's at least something to look at.
>>
File: From the Front.png (750KB, 1922x1086px) Image search: [Google]
From the Front.png
750KB, 1922x1086px
>>51303992
Then at the front, we have the twin ion cannons, the twin snubfighter hangars, and the massive heavy laser cannon. Originally I'd sketched in 2 turrets (top and bottom) on the YT disc, but the original poster hadn't specified more weapons so I removed them.

The hangars can each fit an X-wing or Headhunter... barely. If you had to park one in a hurry you'd better lock your S-foils in "Insurance Claim" position.
>>
File: shirley.jpg (19KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
shirley.jpg
19KB, 210x240px
I've been having a lot of equal parts fun & success with a Gunner U-Wing. Have I been riding the electric lettuce too long or does this sound like a juicy setup:

>U-Wing pilot of your choice
>FCS, Gunner, Captain Rex, title
>Starting at 32 pts and 5.9% APR for the first 6 months
>>
File: Rear View.png (421KB, 1922x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Rear View.png
421KB, 1922x1083px
>>51304017
The engines are fairly generic. They're based on the Blockade Runner's, with fins and everything.

The sensor dish was taken from a mothballed Imperial corvette... and, one would hope, modified extensively.
>>
>>51302644
Trying to rationalize the design of this thing, perhaps those kyber crystal storage containers are very dense and they need a tracked vehicle to keep from sinking into the ground. Maybe there is a turreted or casemate gun version of the tank that replaces the flatbed?
>>
>>51304030
And then the underside, between the two hangars. You can see the loading and unloading ramp here. The two snubfighter hangars rest directly on the ground when the ship lands, and have their own small cargo ramps.
>>
File: Docking Port.png (481KB, 1922x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Docking Port.png
481KB, 1922x1084px
>>51304053
And finally, the space docking port... or escape pod. Not sure. Anyway, it's all fancy and greebly.

Hooray.

If you want to build your own custom ship, check out the PDF here:
>>51288466

Post an image like
>>51288434

For the benefit of the thread.
>>
File: 11BA6Rr.jpg (778KB, 1168x1810px) Image search: [Google]
11BA6Rr.jpg
778KB, 1168x1810px
>>51304040
Rationalizing design in Star Wars is a fool's errand.

It was convenient for the prop-makers. It looked cool.
>>
>>51304146

It is based on an actual armored vehicle originally that was greebled.
>>
File: bRT3cZ9.jpg (715KB, 1616x1054px) Image search: [Google]
bRT3cZ9.jpg
715KB, 1616x1054px
>>51304226
Exactly. Cheaper than building a hover vehicle that can support 5 and act as the centrepiece of a battle.

Also, the original sandcrawler robots are kind of cute.
>>
>>51304097
That is really cool. Not that other guy, but thanks for doing this shit for that group. It's been fun to watch.
>>
File: christian-piccolo-repfighter01.jpg (167KB, 1000x918px) Image search: [Google]
christian-piccolo-repfighter01.jpg
167KB, 1000x918px
>>51304297
Thanks. Just trying to get some practice in before my group designs one on Saturday.
>>
My campaign started with my players waking up on a pirate ship after being captured. They proceeded to break free and capture all the pirates, and take the ship for themselves. The captain was traded in for a bounty, but they have a brig full of pirates, so they want to fly to Hutt Space to sell them off as slaves.

Anything interesting I can do with this? I've been playing a lot with the idea that their ship, despite being really nice, is giving them a lot of mistaken identity issues thanks to how infamous the pirate they stole it from was, so I might have them get in some trouble when a Hutt that the former captain pissed off catches wind that their ship has docked.
>>
>>51305071
Was it Hondo Ohnaka?
>>
>>51305108
Nah just some OC donut steel I made up for the campaign.
>>
>>51305125
You missed a golden opportunity there, m80
>>
>>51305229
None of my players have watched TCW or Rebels anyway so it'd be wasted on them I think.
>>
>>51305071
How well secured are the pirates? Like, would it be reasonable to expect they could break free? Your PCs did, after all.
>>
>>51305377
I've considered going down that path, it'd definitely be possible. Thing is, the pirates are pretty useless; they'll easily go down in a fight against the PCs, and they're all in separate rooms so they can't really collude with each other.
>>
>>51301834
Sleazebaggano
>>
>>51305270
Your players sound like they hate the fun of quality tv programming
>>
Didn't some guy have a star wars themed stream? The one where you could spam star wars gifs in the chat? Does anyone have a link/know where I can find one?
>>
>>51305517
One of them's started to watch Rebels since the campaign started. The other one had never seen any Star Wars movies before we started other than Rogue One, so the cartoons are a bit out of his interest still (finished watching all six of the films last night with him).
>>
>>51303916
>>51303938
>>51303965
>>51303992
>>51304017
>>51304030
>>51304053
>>51304097
Sabbacc Fortune guy here. That looks hella cool. I'm gonna show these to my EotE group. Our designed-by-committee medium freighter is all grown up and ready to take on whatever the Outer Rim throws at it
>>
New thread, get a move on
>>51305924
>>51305924
>>51305924
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.