[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 56

File: Armors of Death.jpg (7MB, 4692x7742px) Image search: [Google]
Armors of Death.jpg
7MB, 4692x7742px
Killing Time And Making It Into A Hat Edition

FAQ

>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.

>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere at the moment. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore won't be getting any more stock while the update is in production.
Should restock approximately on Black Friday, depending on production schedule. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.

If you want to keep up with the project, sign up for the newsletter mailing list:
http://kingdom-death.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=1f4d6d8b08474b282855b8143&id=bfa2397385

>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.

>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.

Previous thread >>51236094

>Threadly Question
Which new armor set are you most pumped for?
>>
Best current expansion combo for a single campaign?
>>
The Hand just came through and tried to destroy my entire storage. I said I ain't a bitch so I'm resisting, and as I set up these traits, I already want to change my mind. This looks hard as balls. How screwed am I?

Also when it says he destroys all resources in the storage, does that include whatever I got during the hunt? Since archiving resources is technically supposed to be done at the end of the settlement phase, I believe.
>>
>>51281767
The resource chapter in the rulebook clarifies that "settlement storage" is just the archived resources. Recently acquired resources are not entered into storage until step 9 in the settlement phase.

The Hand is the easiest nemesis in the core game -- if you play defensively. Just don't hit him, don't enable his lenses, and wait him out until Applause shows up. Shields are a godsend. Use Rawhide Headband to figure out what attack is coming next and who it is going to hit, to bury the most nasty attacks, and to make Applause happen one turn earlier. Have the target block with their shield, save your survival for Dodges, and just survive.

That said, the worst part about resisting, both for the Hand and the King's Man, is it means that the next time you have to fight them they will be at level 2 and not level 1 because you've already fought the level 1 version. Each time you fight a nemesis its level increases, so... that's bad.
>>
>>51281847
In that case I probably won't resist. Sucks to lose the pile of scrap I was saving but it's better than losing the much larger pile of antelope resources I was about to bring back.
>>
>>51281610
Most pumped: I love the look of the Screaming God armor. While like many new armors I'm wondering how you make that out of dead monsters rather than more refined materials (though SG is kind of endgame so maybe it takes iron?) it looks great. The Mountain Dungeon armors are also pretty good looking

I also like the Lion God armor, though the male and female versions are so different I suppose I should specify the female with its 'gas mask' and... is that a warlock collar?
>>
>>51281847
>That said, the worst part about resisting, both for the Hand and the King's Man, is it means that the next time you have to fight them they will be at level 2 and not level 1

This is true but personally I don't find it that problematic for The Hand. Even at level 3 you can probably wait him out with fairly green survivors, he really doesn't scale unless you're going for the Respect win, which there's virtually no point in doing since the added reward of getting the weakest SFA on a survivor if and only if they survive his shenanigans isn't a whole lot. Better to take your applause and get the SFA handed out like candy on L3.
>>
File: PicsArt_12-21-07.40.36.jpg (99KB, 639x863px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_12-21-07.40.36.jpg
99KB, 639x863px
>>51281767
Not as fucked as you might think
Also armor I'm waiting for
>>
>>51282204

... the level three hand has +3 Speed and +5 Damage. How do you survive that? That alone eats up block 2 and dodge.
>>
File: tmp_4006-14844238734651457908124.jpg (456KB, 639x2522px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4006-14844238734651457908124.jpg
456KB, 639x2522px
Best waifu coming through
>>
File: 1361223885435.jpg (93KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1361223885435.jpg
93KB, 777x1200px
>>51282762
How's it feel not having an expansion to go with, you homeless whore?

Don't worry, you won't be alone on the streets.
>>
>>51282803
It's okay, I dont mind it.
>>
>>51282762
I love the lips, but I have no idea if that detail can be translated into the model well.
>>
File: KRK.jpg (24KB, 265x358px) Image search: [Google]
KRK.jpg
24KB, 265x358px
Hey /kdg/, I started working on a homebrew monster in the vein of the Dung Beetle Knight and Flower Knight, but I ran into the issue of only having played the game solo over Tabletop Simulator, and therefore not being super familiar with balance and the game's rules, especially when it comes to homebrews. I wanted to pitch the idea to you all and see how you like it.

Steam Lich:
The steam lich is a great game hunter who feared death more than any other. In order to supplant death, he replaced his flesh with iron and powder, distilling his body into essential salts suspended in the hydraulic system that replaced his blood. But for each new augmentation, he lost a bit more humanity, until when he was finally finished and finally unfettered by death, there was no more hunter left beneath.

In terms of the monster itself, I wanted the fight to be focused around picking the right time to strike, and would mirror that with a boiler system, and at higher levels a temperature system. Its instinct, as well as some of its moves would give it steam counters which other attacks would use, giving them bonus damage or greater stats (something like damage is 2 + X, where X is the number of steam counters). However, if the survivors can hit the Lich hard enough before it uses the counters, the steam ruptures injuring the lich for more than the attack would do otherwise. I was also considering a sort of cap on the number of steam counters, with the lich getting knocked down if it exceeds them due to ruptured pipes.

The temperature system would be something that shows up at level 2 onward, and would be a change in the lich's moveset based on its current boiler temperature. Low temperature lich attacks include hydraulic water cutters, creating a heat sink to freeze survivors solid, and being slightly tougher, while high temperature attacks change the water cutter into a shorter range, wider area steam burst or scalding limbs to force survivors to drop their weapons.
>>
>>51283179
The model was already a resin release.
>>
>>51283016
You dirty whore.
>>
>>51283472
Most importantly, the Steam Lich would have a weird caveat to hunting it: Each hunt is the same lich. IT just keeps rebuilding its body until you fight a level 3 one, and get a story event to destroy its boiler phylactery. If you do, you get a valuable unique item or innovation, but lose the ability to hunt more Liches.

I was thinking the resources and settlement upgrades from the lich could be prosthetics, surgical stuff, and perhaps some kind of Alchemical Theatre, where they can use the salts of deceased monsters/survivors to upgrade and modify things.

Very heavily inspired by Karl Ruprecht Kronen, the Iron Lich's of Warmahordes, and me wanting another monster with clouds of stuff coming out of it, storm knight style.
>>
So it seems like unless you have a very specific fighter setup that a nemesis fight at level 2 or above you should just send four newbies as a sacrifice. Just way less of a hassle.
>>
>>51283739
This sounds really cool
>>
>first time fighting The Butcher
>no idea what to expect
>fight is going okayish but not looking good
>take slight hit and suddenly character with the two-handed axe goes berserk
>dodges all 4 flurry attacks The Butcher tries to make
>with stat boosts and frenzy boost lands 3 of his 4 hits and doesn't even need to roll to wound he's so juiced
>pull a HL that lets you decapitate him if it's the killing blow
>stand in the fountain of blood contemplating my power and take one of his axes for myself
RULES OF NATURE
>>
I just checked my timeline and realized that year sixteen is a fight with the Manhunter, Lion Knight, and a level 2 nemesis all at once. Jesus that's going to be an intense year.
>>
>>51285575
Make sure to have the appropriate theme music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMM61Y5CEU

Also good luck, that sounds like a hell of a year.
>>
>>51285575

> Lion Knight puts on his play
> survivors running around trying not to die.
> Manhunter shows up, looking to grab people
> Lion Knight narrows his eyes
> this motherfucker is INTERRUPTING and currently trying to abscond with his LEAD ACTRESS
> Manhunter v Lion Knight
>>
>>51285692
The Lion Knight's final act manuscript is called the Villain and the Heroes who Saved Him, and also that Annoying Fuck in the Hat
>>
>>51285692

> The Lion Knight, tired out from fighting the survivors before, stumbles and falls after eating bullets
> the Manhunter moves in to press the advantage
> A lone dude in the audience, draped in a cloak, stands up and calls out the Manhunter
> the cloth falls away
> Its The Hand, striking a pose
>>
>>51285692
>>51285792
I'm so down for Nemesis War 2k17.
>>
>>51285792

I actually also have the Hooded Knight that year. It could be the Twilight Knight.
>>
>>51285792
That sounds amazing. Someone pitch it to Poots so we can toss money at him and play it out in 2025.
>>
best way to use all current expansions in one campaign at once?
>>
>>51287337
No
>>
>>51285692
Did slendy vs manhunter with mock rules like how Adam probably had originally in mind, save a lvl 2 Manhunter snuffing a -4 wound lvl 2 slendy. Damage equals hit locations, str vs tough roughly is the system with insanity moving the monster by 1
>>
File: PicsArt_01-19-03.24.16.jpg (97KB, 639x889px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-19-03.24.16.jpg
97KB, 639x889px
The fuck?
>Game +, have Gorm gear and black >sword, cat set katars on a red savior >and a vespertine bow. Get to any of >the kingsman and it's just absolute >rape.
The fuck?
>>
>>51283739
Sounds awesome. Once you've put it together, post it in the chat. I could use a new nemesis to murder in my campaigns.

What level Nemesis is he? Early like Butcher? Late like the Hand?
>>
>>51288214
Learn how to post retard.
>>
>>51288214
Lurk more before posting.

This has been friendly advice from 4chan. Do not expect friendly advice to come in the future.
>>
>>51289116
I was actually torn between making him a quarry like DBK or the Flower Knight, and a nemesis. With the nemesis I could go all out with making him a danger, but I also like the idea of getting armors and weapons out of the ruined puppet-bodies of a robot lich.
Either way I was thinking Node 3-ish, roughly the same kind of time as the Phoenix or DBK. Midgame-ish, with potential for crazy endgame legendary fights later.

An idea I had for the legendary/story fight against the Steam Lich (in a similar vein to the Old Master DBK fight) would be facing the Lich's original construct body, with special legendary ability Maxwell Engine, which would let the Lich arbitrarily switch between Hot and Cold states regardless of steam pressure, making the attempts to find the perfect time to hit that much harder. This would end in getting your hands on the Lich's Phylactery, and giving you the option of either destroying it for a rad innovation or unique item but losing the ability to hunt Lich's in the future, or letting it live and continuing hunting lich's for parts.
>>
>>51285523
It's amusing because it fits.
>>
>>51288214

My group didn't find the kings man all that hard, we have 2 rawhide sets and 1 leather set, butchers cleaver, lion katars, scrap sword, and catgut bow. We just burned most of our survival dashing away from his sweep attacks, katars strip off the battle pressure cards before searching hit locations with cats eye circlet. The worst injuries we got was destroyed genitals and a bruised coccyx.

So far, the showdowns seem like the safest part of the game to me, we've only lost 2 survivors to monsters so far (both in the butcher fight), far more die in the hunt and settlement phases.
>>
>>51281610
>Kingdom death 1.5
>Kirkstarted 12 fucking millons

What the fuck happened here? The last time I checked people was still mad at the initial pack wasn't being delivered yet.

And now he funded a second project worth 12 millons? What the fuck happened in the last year and a half?

He finally delivered and was awesome or something?
>>
>>51290967
When was the last time you were paying attention?
The core game shipped two years ago, and all the expansions last year.

And yeah, it was pretty awsome.
>>
>>51290967
The undelivered pack thing was the Lantern Festival Expansion, which was hilariously overambitious and not planned out well enough to actually get out. It was supposed to a post-endgame expansion before the game was actually finished. Sucks, but considering he also super undercosted everything from the original kickstarter, it makes sense.

The new kickstarter on the other hand is better set up, has reasonable times and goals on getting everything done, has a METRIC FUCKTON of new awesome content and basically a bajillion hours of gameplay, and hell the base game, if you could get it, was already super good. Kickstarter finally gave people a chance to get their own copies.
>>
How do you use as much of the current expansions as possible in one campaign?
>>
>>51291090
You add them to the timeline and then get fucked over by all the settlement events.
>>
>>51290985
>When was the last time you were paying attention?

I thought it was one year and a half ago, but it could be 2, just before he delivered.
>>
File: ballin knight vs mandunker.jpg (137KB, 1000x867px) Image search: [Google]
ballin knight vs mandunker.jpg
137KB, 1000x867px
SURVIVORS AND SAVIORS WE HAVE A TREAT 'ESPECIAL FOR YOU TONIGHT.

THE KING OF THE COURT, THE WHISKERED SENSATION, THE LADIES LOVE HIM, THE BALLIN KNIGHT IS TAKING ON THE LOCAL CROWD FAVORITE, THE HUNTER FROM DOWN UNDER, THE RUDE CRUDE, GOAL TOTIN' DUDE, MAN-DUNKER!

KEEP YOUR EYES GLUED TO THE SCREEN BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO A MATCH OF LIGHTNING FAST REFLEXES, INTENSE INSTINCTS AND FEET SO FAST WHEN THEY CROSS YOU IT WILL SURELY DESTROY YOUR GENITALS!
>>
File: kdm.png (60KB, 1132x838px) Image search: [Google]
kdm.png
60KB, 1132x838px
Help me understand this madness
>>
>>51291779
Call poots.
>>
>>51291779
>Sounds awesome. Once you've put it together, post it in the chat. I could use a new nemesis to murder in my campaigns.
I ordered from the EU warehouse and it took them ages to get it there. Their inventory is the weirdest thing I've ever encountered... I'm quite sure that nothing is in any kind of warehouse, they just ship it to a distributor once you order it.
>>
>>51291779
Dingobucks be no cheap.
>>
>>51292045
>I'm quite sure that nothing is in any kind of warehouse, they just ship it to a distributor once you order it.
I actually came to the same conclusion. The EU Warehouse is maybe 30 minutes away from where I live, and I still had to pay 20 bucks for shipping.
AND it took a whole month for the stuff to arrive.
>>
>>51292225
Took even longer for me, package seemed to get lost or w/e. Had to contact the support a couple of times and they pretty openly stated that the package was on its way to the warehouse. In my opinion it's completely ridiculous to state inventory for different warehouses on the site despite actually not having any inventory there. But the package came in the end, so all's well.
>>
>>51291779
The bigger the box, the higher the charge. Better get used to it if you order shit online from different countries.
>>
>>51291779
That's odd. I wonder if it's a similar issue to the Euro warehouse where you needed to have 3 or more items in your basket before it would switch to flat-rate shipping.
That was also a bug I think.
>>
>>51291779
What else are you gonna do? Order from overseas?
>>
>>51291779
I haven't laughed that hard for a while
>>
>>51291779
What a ripoff
>>
>>51291739
>mandunker
I think I like slamhunter more.
>>
>>51291779
You live on Australia dude, forget table top game, just get a backpack, a knife and...go to the toilet. Sure nightmare creatures await you there.
>>
>>51293437
>not slamdunker
Fucking amateurs.
>>
>>51291739
But who wins
>>
Someone has an imgur album or a gallery page with lots of Kingdom Death art?

Particulary interested in the survivor Death scenes
>>
>>51293696
Is this a fetish thing?
>>
>>51291739
Needs the hand as referee
>>
So I've never played this game. How to you play without having to take constant fap breaks?
>>
File: PicsArt_01-19-01.35.27.jpg (107KB, 632x780px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-19-01.35.27.jpg
107KB, 632x780px
>>51291011
Sounds familar
>>
>>51293742

There isn't much sexiness in the game itself. If you are playing you are probably more worried about keeping shit from crashing and burning. It only takes a few mistakes to put yourself at a disadvantage, and from there the game WILL punish you.
>>
File: 1483608043054.jpg (223KB, 1263x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1483608043054.jpg
223KB, 1263x1606px
>>51293742
By having the Pin Ups not being game related at all.
>>
>>51293744
Nah abyssal woods seems possible, its not adding 20+ years. The witch and her disciples were already released in plastic too.
>>
>>51293742
The game is nowhere near as lewd as the optional pin ups suggest. It's tonally monster hunter in the world of berserk but you aren't guts, youre the band of hawk.
>>
>>51293867

This.

Woods is a big expansion, but its doable. If anything, Silver City feels more outside of the games comfort zone, since it replaces the normal quarry system entirely.
>>
>>51293744
The difference is that while Abyssal Woods is larger than other expansions, it's both priced accordingly AND not more ambitious than other expansions. It does just about everything, but there's nothing it does that's truly unique.
>>
>>51293709
>>
>>51294603
>that Gorm
10/10
>>
>>51293799

Was the dick skirt topped by any other figure or its still the most...particular one?
>>
>>51294603
Fantastic.
>>
>>51294603
Why are the monsters playing sports ball?
>>
>>51294603
>>51296862
Nemesis Jam. Manhunter, Lion Knight walked into the settlement the same day The Hand cane to pay a visit. Serious stuff
>>
>>51294603
Can we get a court under their feet?
>>
Does anyone think there will be any love for expansion campaigns? core game adds the smoke knight, and node 5 monsters add time to the end of the game. does that mean the people of the stars and sun might see some overhaul, like people of the bloom is getting?
>>
>>51297423
Lion Knight already has a court.
>>
File: 1484184334169.jpg (679KB, 1188x668px) Image search: [Google]
1484184334169.jpg
679KB, 1188x668px
>>51294603
Awesome...could we just cover the phoenix in pom-poms and make him a cheerleader too?
>>
File: GOING SPEED 5 IN THE PAINT.jpg (357KB, 1452x886px) Image search: [Google]
GOING SPEED 5 IN THE PAINT.jpg
357KB, 1452x886px
>>51297423
>>
File: SLAMMIN IN THE EYE OF THE STORM.jpg (522KB, 1564x1310px) Image search: [Google]
SLAMMIN IN THE EYE OF THE STORM.jpg
522KB, 1564x1310px
>>51297968
LOOKS LIKE THE PHOENIX IS GOING TO REWIND THAT ONE FOR US SO LET'S WATCH IT HAPPEN AGAIN IN REAL TIME!
>>
File: SLAMMIN IN THE EYE OF THE STORM.jpg (520KB, 1564x1310px) Image search: [Google]
SLAMMIN IN THE EYE OF THE STORM.jpg
520KB, 1564x1310px
>>51298189
Missed erasing a bit of leftover from an image.
>>
>>51298189
Now we're talkin!
>>
>>51298189
>>51298212
!ETIMANYD EHT SEOG MOOB DNA
>>
>>51298212

I'm happy that I caused this to happen.
>>
>>51298212
inb4 chaos dunk
>>
I have a conundrum. My King's Curse survivor just had his head convert over, but the disorder he drew from the event was Vain, which means he can't wear armor on the head. Does her... Just... tear his own head off?
>>
>>51299245
I would say the specific rule of Cursed overrides the general disorder rule of can't wear headgear.

Also fluffwise since the helmet IS his head now, he's totally hyped about how it looks.
>>
>>51298212
Glorious
>>
>>51298212
I thought of this immediately and have no regrets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o
>>
>>51299778
That song is fucking with me so damn much...it's perfect.
>>
>>51299778
>>51298212
COME ON AND SLAM AND WALK UP TO THE JAM
>>
>>51293478

They don't have giant willies though
>>
File: DAMN.jpg (54KB, 744x419px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN.jpg
54KB, 744x419px
>>51298212

> mfw I realize that the Hand will Ghost Step to be next to the shooter when the ball is thrown and then where the ball lands, always being right next to the action and seeing EVERYTHING.

He's like the perfect ref
>>
File: Gorm.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Gorm.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: Spidicules.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Spidicules.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>51302202
>>51302417
Why can't this fuck takes decent pictures, holy shit how hard is it to hold your camera straight and from above.
>>
>>51302417
So, if i'm reading this right, if you fight the spider-ball, and win, you will have to fight him again in 4 years, if you don't want to loose one of the survivors from that fight, every time?
>>
Damn. Fighting the Flower Knight for the first time ever.

He's A delicate little flower
>>
>>51300484
Anon, Spidicules is a lady.
>>
>>51302721
And Ezra, my Archer, just got Fencing.
>>
>>51302645
I can scan the expansions on a flat bed scanner if there's any interest. The files I end up with are way too big to upload though.
>>
>>51303753
Requesting lonely tree
>>
Are there any "homebrews" for KD:M where you play the various monsters/gods/demons/et cetera and have to hunt and hide from various survivor settlements/lantern hoards, with the goal being to wipe out them out before they grow too strong and kill your phallic ass dead?
>>
>>51302659
First fight with Spidicules is done willingly. If you are victorious you then add 'taken' to the timeline.

Assuming you go to fight him before 'taken' comes up year wise, you fight him again, and if victorious you roll on the table. Anything above a 1-2 will remove the taken event.

If you go fight the spidicules willingly again then it will add taken and snatch a person.

Rinse and repeat. So long as you don't roll shit on the rescue it's a one on, one off thing.
>>
>>51304132
I love the Spidicules fight. Shame the turban is locked behind a lack 3.
>>
>>51299245
This is one of the few situations where Rule of Death actually applies. It goes with the worse option, which is leaving you vulnerable to the curse.
>>
>>51299245
Cursed means you can never remove it, if it were the other way around and you got Vain first, then you technically avoid the curse that way while you have the disorder
>>
>>51297440
Extremely doubtful.
>>
>>51307253
>if it were the other way around and you got Vain first, then you technically avoid the curse that way while you have the disorder
Hey, now I can justify sending characters with Narcissistic/Vestiphobia against the Kingsman. Gives an option other than Saviors for getting the kill shot without marking someone for a horrible death, and the Regal gear is pretty OK from an objective perspective.
>>
Would it be easy to homebrew gay pregnancy? Like men getting pregnant from other men?
>>
>>51307641
Well, yeah, just remove the stipulation that Intimacy must elect a male and a female.

But also don't do that.
>>
>>51307672
OK thanks. Also do you think it would be easy to homebrew it so survivors could fart like the Frogdog? Sorry if that's weird.
>>
>>51307625
As stated earlier in the thread, the Regal gear is not equipment you wear, it's part of your body.

You can't avoid it by Narcissistic or Vestiphobia.
>>
>>51307672
Please do not respond to fake Ekoi's shitposts. Just report him for ban evasion and hide his posts.
>>
>>51307707
I'm sure they do, it's just not significant enough to make a difference.

However, since it's a significant thing when survivors eat anything, they might not metabolize normally. So they might not ever.
>>
>>51307758
I just want a settlement of pregnant men that fart all day. You know?
>>
>>51303753
>too big

How big exactly? And anyways you can just scale them down, they don't have to be in 8k.
>>
>>51307641
>>51307707
>>51307770
another thing i am wondering is what do you think the farts smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them
>>
>>51308201
Frogdog's farts or the pregnant male survivor's farts? I bet they both smell like heaven, but still very different from one another.
>>
>>51308383
But you just responded to me! What's wrong with talking about Frogdog farts?
>>
>>51307307
I'm hoping campaigns of death might address this somehow. I'm not super hopeful, but i am
>>
>>51308383
He's responding to himself.
>>
>>51307733
Fluff wise, sure, rules wise it literally gives you a peice of Cursed gear, the same that in the offical FAQ Savious are immune to the Curse because the armour also has the Other keyword that Saviours cant equip.

Adam is usually literal with rules, i.e, a one armed guy still using Paired weapons
>>
>>51308597

He actually had to correct himself later. The regal armor doesn't actually have the other keyword. Saviors can get it.
>>
Would it be possible for someone to either lay out or point me to some good introductions to miniature assembly and painting? I have a shit ton of minis I've never painted so I have plenty to practice on.
>>
>>51308723
Literally just google it. Holy fuck
>>
>>51308711
Ah fair enough! Didnt double check it myself. But i supose the original ruling stands, or the same idea behind it (like the Twilight Sword would get destroyed also)
>>
>>51308723
If you want to assemble Kingdom Death minis... It's really hard to recommend vibrant lantern, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Painting is another story. IME, practice and the occassional tutorial make perfect. Get some cheap minis, either moderately detailed metals you can strip and redo until you feel you've got it 'right' or dirt cheap Reaper Bones that you can just put away painted once you've 'finished' them, giving you a visual record of your successes, failures, and progression. When you're just starting out you can pretty much paint by numbers but your results will look MUCH better (especially once you start to work on detailed figures) once you get shading and highlighting down so I'd start practicing that pretty quick.

One tip, the biggest thing that I had to be told in order to get right: if you want to do realistic eyes, start with black. Paint the whole eye black, then apply the white on top of that, the color for the iris on that, and finally black for the pupil on that. You have a basic eye. If you're crazy you can mess with reflections and veins when you have that down. Also, have your figures look to one side so you can do the pupils in the corner of the eye, it's REALLY easy to fuck up 'looking forward' so the model looks cross-eyed or wall-eyed or just plain derpy.

Don't bother with NMM or OSL until you're confident in your fundamentals. NMM is just about the hardest technique that exists and will look worse than just using metallic paints until you MASTER it (and possibly even then, depending on whether you prefer 'looks perfect at one angle' or 'looks good at all angles') while OSL, while somewhat easier and really germane to KDM minis (what with all the Lanterns), is also really easy to fuck up, potentially fucks your whole mini if you do it wrong, and isn't strictly necessary. It looks REALLY great when done well, though...
>>
>>51308723
http://handcannononline.com/blog/2013/06/11/a-beginners-guide-to-beginning-some-assembly-required-part-1-cleaning/
http://handcannononline.com/blog/2013/06/19/a-beginners-guide-to-beginning-some-assembly-required-part-2-pinning-and-gap-filling/

Here's a relatively in depth look at in depth assembly including pinning and greenstuff. Normally plastic/resin models don't require pinning since the glue will adhere to it much better and can bond pieces directly together, but knowing how to fill gaps with greenstuff can be highly useful. As a note where he says to use a spit slick finger to smooth the green stuff you can also often use a moist sorta-stiff brush you don't mind ruining. It can help you get into hard to reach places better.
>>
I've never tried to make anything in TTS, but does anyone know how easy/hard it would be to make a homebrew encounter? I'm working on one right now, writing up a google doc of all its cards and such, but I'm wondering how hard it will be to actually translate this into something everyone can try out without having to make the cards themselves.
>>
>>51309627
After you've made the cards, importing it is very easy.
http://berserk-games.com/tutorials/tabletop-simulator-tutorial-series-part-5-custom-content/
>>
>>51309627
Been working on my own TTS mod, its fairly easy once you have all the card images you need
>>
>>51309676
>>51309683
How would I go about making the cards? I assume just download a picture of a card, blank it out, and write in my own shit? Is there an unofficial homebrew template of some sort anyone can show me?

Also what are you working on anon? I think this game has such amazing homebrew potential, I love seeing what other people are doing.

I'll post the google doc im writing out when I'm done so people can critique it before I get into making cards, but currently I'm making a hybrid quarry/nemesis encounter called the sculptor. He stands in the center of the board and never moves or does a lot of actions, but periodically summons 4 statue knights on the board that all play out his AI cards at the same time. While they're on the board, the sculptor becomes more or less immune (50 toughness, and there's a special event if you manage to hurt him which is basically only possible with a 10).

The level 1 and 2 versions I want to be quarries, as the scultptor in the middle is actually just a statue he's left behind, but the level 3 version would be a nemesis who shows up at your settlement pissed off that you've been destroying all his statues and the fight would be quite different, namely he would actually be moving around this time and the statue limit would be gone so you could have a bunch of statues running around fucking up your shit. Working in a few special events too; if you're standing in a spot that a statue is created, you go through some shit but might become the statue if you're cool enough.
>>
>>51309789
The guy who made the monster rape homebrew made his templates available.
If he drops in he'll probably post them again, or just look through the old threads.
>>
>>51309789
Sounds pretty cool
>>
>>51309979
They are not my templates desu, credits go to some rebbitor. But here they are :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template+Pack+Updated+December+25.rar
>>
>Get email that order of Percival delivered
>It is raining cats and dogs
>Go outside, mailman just fucking left a cardboard box in the fucking rain.
>Open it up
>Shipping box and black cray paper took the hit, white box and contents totally untouched

I'm just glad I hadn't ordered any M:tG cards from anywhere lately. US Post, you're not on the Quarry List this time, but you are on notice.
>>
Has anyone scanned all the equipment cards yet? I own the main game, but am away from home for a few weeks.
>>
>>51311240
>christmas order shipped day 3
>usps receives it day fucking 14 from partner
>stuck at international origin airport for pver a week now
The fuck are you doing usps.
>>
>>51311240
Yah USPS is fucking sufferable. Delivering shut half assed, or, to the completely wrong address.
>>
File: i wanna die.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna die.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>Settlement has like 14 or something innovations
>Don't have Inner Lantern or Clan of Death yet
>Been trying to get those since forever
>Innovation deck has 5 cards in it
>Kingsman broke the symposium many years ago and haven't gotten that back either
>Innovate
>Drums and Momento Mori
>>
is the wet nurse sfw?
>>
>>51313915
An the off chance that your not trolling: Is your work okay gratuitous amounts of naked breasts and body horror.
>>
>>51313915
yes
>>
File: 1464127156643.jpg (58KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1464127156643.jpg
58KB, 500x364px
What was the reason that backers got pissy about the game being on TTS, despite poots saying he didn't have an issue with it?
>>
>>51314663
Wild guess: Butthurt that "their" game is being "pirated" and taking typical false offense "on behalf of Poots". Or just butthurt that TTS+Mod wasn't included in their twinpleb pledges.
>>
File: Dragon King 1.jpg (2MB, 960x9664px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon King 1.jpg
2MB, 960x9664px
any anon have scans of any expansion with a better quality than the facebook ones?
>>
Ruling question:

A newborn survivor gains weapon proficiency from Bloodline. Can they gain additional weapon proficiency by inflicting wounds like anyone else before they have "unlocked" it at their first age milestone?
>>
>>51315673
I'm going with no. You're only allowed one.
>>
>>51315720
I don't mean proficiency in multiple weapons, I mean additional levels in proficiency.
>>
>>51315673
RAW everyone who survives a hunt gains weapon proficiency if able, so passing down any proficiency will allow a survivor to start training from age 1.

As backup to this statement, see Spiral Petal innovation or whatever it's caled, which allows everyone in the settlement to select Sword as their proficiency regardless of age.
>>
>>51315673
Yes. They can even switch proficiencies when they depart, just like any other survivor with a proficiency. (This wipes their progress, of course.)
>>
>>51315246
>>51314663
The issue was mostly one of timing. I received my copy roughly in the first week of people getting their game, and uploaded it about another week later (took a while to scan, and even longer to get all the images together). By the time it was on TTS, most AMERICAN backers had gotten their copy, but the rest of the world hadn't yet.

They were getting upset that people who payed 10 bucks spur of the moment were getting to play the game before the people who spent hundreds of dollars, years in advance. They were getting pretty upset, so Poots asked me to take my game off the steam workshop and I did. I kept it available through these threads, continued to update it a bit, and then Nogoth (or whatever his name is) came and made the mod into what it is today.

Since then there haven't really been many complains, because many people seem to recognize that for a niche game like this, TTS is good publicity for it.

I expect the same thing will happen this time around, so I'm just gonna upload the save file here, and hold off on putting it on the steam workshop until it at least gets to Europe.
>>
Do the same principles of passing on fighting arts apply to secret fighting arts? 1.5 sculpture, dragon inheritance, etc?
>>
File: PicsArt_08-28-02.53.05.jpg (19KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_08-28-02.53.05.jpg
19KB, 236x177px
>>51307755
This guy again.
>>
So... This exists, let it be known:

https://sketchfab.com/search?q=kingdomdeath

Thanks to the guys over at /fvgt/ for finding it.
>>51292942
>>
>>51317532
Speaking of TTS, can i shameless plug my mod?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846137513

Cards are less memory munching and laggy then the other scripted mod hopfully.

I also dug out the Poots quote about TTS recently, its from October 2015 bear in mind, havent been able to find anything else. "I have requested for it to be taken down. I was originally planning on turning a blind eye to it. But if it bothers everyone, (which is fair) then it must be dealt with."

Clearly it doesnt bother 'everyone' and i've met a bunch of people through TTS who, becasue they played it, backed the real version.
Angry vocal minority idiots complaining will always be bad.
>>
>>51315344
How do you get the Husk of Destiny?
Also going by the icons on the cards, the only things that get added to the game when not playing PotStars are the armor set, Mastery and Lava Pool/Obsidian Tower? That is pretty dumb.
>>
>>51315673
You know Bloodline is a bit confusing on this part, because you technically only get the Weapon Proficiency levels from one parent, and not the Weapon Class like you would get from Family (?).
So you would get levels on the [ ] weapon class, basically. I am sure this is not how it was intended, though.
>>
>>51319558
Husk is from the intro event for the Dragon King in a regular campaign.

You add the Mastery, regular Fighting Arts, Disorders, the Lava Pool, Obsidian Tower, Arena, and it says to add Bloodline and Empire to the game box too, but so as to not clog up the game you might want to replace Family and Clan of Death with those two instead
>>
>>51319646
Arena, Bloodline, and Empire are all 'People of the Stars' exclusive. You add them to the box, but only add them to campaigns conditionally.
>>
>>51319876
The beginning of the expansion books just says to add them to the game box, the People of the Stars campaign is what says to take out the old ones. Doesn't happen with People of the Sun because its new campaign specifics are all Hands of the Sun consequences.

Probably should leave out Bloodline and Empire though anyway because they mostly don't work.

The game is sort of bad about this, it tells you to put the Flower Addiction disorder into the Disorders but if you dont add the Flower Knight then it has no interactions
>>
File: you're making me nervous.jpg (398KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
you're making me nervous.jpg
398KB, 900x1200px
>>51320021
Add them to the game box =/= add them to the innovation deck.

Add them to the game box= Physically put the cards in the box.

Add them to the innovation deck= be able to get them in a campaign.

In any case, they're all 'Dragon Speech' consequences, which means even if you were adding them to the innovation deck, you'd need Dragon Speech to get them, and the only way to get Dragon Speech is from the Tyrant in the PotStars campaign.

Also, flower addiction works in non-FK campaigns just fine. If you pull the flower addiction disorder in a campaign without the Flower Knight, then your survivor just can't depart. It's like having another Fear of the Dark in the deck.
>>
>>51320123
Actual quote is "Add the new innovations to the innovation cards in the game box (not your settlement's Innovation Deck" The Innovation Deck being "A Settlement's Innovation Deck is a persistent deck that grows as the settlement innovates" because the game expects you to only play one campaign at a time and just put your current innovation draw deck into the box when you're done for the play session.

You also get told to put Strange Resources into the game box too, same when you get told to Archive something (like Fighting arts say "Record and Archive")

None of them are Dragon Speech consequences.

Fair point about the Flower Addiction being another Fear of the Dark, though!
>>
>>51319646
It just confuses me that everything but the Mastery, Laval Pool, Obsidian Tower and the other Secret Fighting Art that is not Frozen Star has the purple DK logo, and the rest the Red Tyrant Logo.
It does look that it sorta implies that all the ones marked with the Red Tyrant logo are supposed to be People of the Stars exclusive.
I think that does not work out with Acrobatics, though, since you can get that from the normal Dragon King fight, too?
>>
>>51320215
>>51320215
Actual case should be that for example you add *all* the Sunstalker ones to the box in the same way as instructed, but you don't actually get the Filleting Table unless youre not doing a People of the Sun campaign
>>
>>51320234
Yeah, you get Acrobatics for rolling a 10 on the Meltdown event during the middle of the Dragon King fight
>>
>>51320215
Okay, so I had to crack open my box to check this out, and it looks like I was wrong. There's nothing specifically tying bloodline, empire, and arena to the PotStars campaign exclusively. That being said, it doesn't make sense to me to add them to a non-PotStars campaign. Contextually, it would make sense that anything with the red text/Dragon Traits on it (Scars, Pristine, etc) would be PotStars exclusive, but I don't see anything wrong with adding the regular fighting arts and disorders to the main decks for variety.
>>
Can you add all expansion cards (innovations, fighting arts) to the core campaign for variety?

Which cards shouldn't you add?
>>
>>51321599
Certain innovations are really specific to a campaign, or have requirements that hook into things that won't exist in a normal campaign.
But I think a majority of them should in theory work fine if added.
>>
>>51319213
Guck you dumb faggot. Faggot Ekoi is cancer, and you are probably him. Back in the barrel you fat fuck.
>>
>>51321599
Don't add Bloodline, Sun Language, or their consequences.

Other than that, you're good. Some things will be more punishing like Flower Addiction being a spare Fear of the Dark if you can't hunt Flower Knight, and others less punishing like Megalophobia when only Phoenix qualifies, but that's OK.

A lot of SFAs will have no means of obtaining them without their expansion monster but again, that's ok.
>>
>>51322818
>>51322818
Don't add dragon language either, but it's EXACTLY the same as normal language mechanically so it would never get added to the deck (since its not a concequence of anything) and wouldn't add wrong shit to the deck so it's less crucial than remembering to leave out the Sun survival action replacements and dragon family replacements, as they'd get legitimately screwy alongside normal innovations.
>>
>>51321599
>further diluting the possibility of getting the innovations that actually matter
Sure, it's your funeral.
>>
Some current expansion lineups

>Abyssal Woods before it was cool
Flower Knight, Spidicules, DBK. Lonely Tree if you feel like it.

>Megalophilia
Gorm ("replacing" generic lion), Spidicules, Dragon, Sunstalker, and Lion God (Probably never going to fight it but why not get its events?)

>Knights
DBK, FK, and LK

>Green Knight
DBK, FK, LK, Gorm, Manhunter, Spidicules

>Nemesis Rumble
Slenderman, Manhunter, Lion Knight. BONUS PAIN: Do this to People of the Sun.

>Just a hint of Flavor
Lonely Tree, White Box Content (Percival & Fade, maybe the upgrade stickers for White Speaker and Allison, maybe Strange Spot from Pinups if you feel like it), maybe Lion God if you feel like it.
>>
Anyone want to call time of death on /kdg?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>51322385
Real Ekoi is Beastman AIDs in that perspective
>>
>>51322385
Wow man you're unstable. That wasn't even me lol
Can't take somebody disagreeing with you, huh? Poor baby
>>
>>51324405
Is that from that skeletor video from like 10 years ago? holy shit that takes me back
>>
File: 5a9.gif (477KB, 438x325px) Image search: [Google]
5a9.gif
477KB, 438x325px
>>51319357
Didn't Poots also say something about making an official DLC for TTS? I'd be more than happy to throw $60 for a legit version. (assuming it was top quality, which it probably would be)
>>
>>51324589
yeah it is, i was just thinking the same thing
>>
>>51325088
if he does, that faggot better do it soon. only use for me would be to learn the game before it ships
>>
>>51325088
TTS isnt the best platform for it, i think. Theres a lot of cards and not sure there's a good enough quality he would want that's also stable. I think, or hope, i've managed a good enough compromise of quality vs memory use in mine, but the 32bit client limits TTS a bit
>>
File: essence of KD.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
essence of KD.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Found this game while fapping on a fap forum. Obviously this image is shooped, but am I in the right place? This game has tits and monsters?
>>
>>51326818
Well, yes, but there's more. Let me put it like this - if KD:M were a hentai, it would be made by ShindoL.
>>
>>51326818
Monsters : Plenty.
Tits : plenty on the pinups, the survivor miniatures for the game look more sensible.
>>
File: Honeycomb Weaver.png (164KB, 626x729px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycomb Weaver.png
164KB, 626x729px
>>51326818
The game has tits and monsters, yes. However, the tits are usually *on* the monsters.

There are some naked female figures, but not many. Generally the sexualized female figures are 'pinups' and are clothed (albeit not modestly).
>>
>>51326818
Was it worth getting banned?
(To answer your question if it's serious, yes)
>>
>>51326818
Cateye circlet, this survivor's legit.
Someone give her a dick skirt
>>
>>51326818
Now I want to see a KD mod for Dead or Alive
>>
File: wanderer mai.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wanderer mai.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>51326818
I appreciate the tits.
Mai would actually make a good wanderer promo with tooth and nail secret fighting art.
She looks like one of the People of the Sun.
>>
>>51326818
Game has monsters.

A lot of monsters.

Like, counting the additions from the second kickstarter... I've lost track.

If you just look at game content, tits are kind of lacking All gameplay minis are (VERY technically) modest with two known exceptions (For those of you playing at home, the Illuminated Lady that's now part of the Screaming God Xpac and the Lonely Lady since she is fully sculpted if you leave the pastie chain off). Pinups are fairly risque but again nothing 100% bare for the audience. Some of the art in the rulebooks doesn't shy away from bare tits (or dicks for that matter) but the odds of said tits/dicks being drowned in blood/set on fire/eaten by monster are high. There are some oddities like the Scribe, Wet Nurse ladies (also the Wet Nurse herself. She's got like 20 tits.) and 'Distracted' but overall there's a whole lot of racy content available but very little if any porn-y content. which I actually appreciate since I feel it keeps things more 'in theme' and having clothes on the pinups gives a lot more design elements to play with and a lot less cringing while painting.
>>
>>51317914
Bumping my question. Really want to put Red Fist on a sculpture.
>>
>>51327570
To my knowledge: No

Secret Fighting Arts are only counted as fighting arts when its disadvantageous (Such as forced to "forget a fighting art")
>>
File: 1e0.png (268KB, 400x324px) Image search: [Google]
1e0.png
268KB, 400x324px
>>51302202
>.pdf
You can upload PDFs to 4chan now? What else has gook moot done?
>>
>>51328969
It's been a /tg/ thing for ages because we bitched about not being able to share books and shit.

IIRC /tg/ has one of the highest upload caps due to this.
>>
>>51328969
PDFs on /tg/ predates the Hiroshimoot takeover. AFAIK it's only a /tg/ and I think /lit/ thing though.
>>
File: 89a.gif (2MB, 589x589px) Image search: [Google]
89a.gif
2MB, 589x589px
>>51328999
impressive
>>
File: elisabeth-nagurnaya-necromancer.jpg (714KB, 1920x2891px) Image search: [Google]
elisabeth-nagurnaya-necromancer.jpg
714KB, 1920x2891px
Steam Lich anon here, I ran into a problem while I was working on getting out the Hunt Table.

Does anyone have blank templates for Trait cards? The template bundle above doesn't seem to have them in the AI card template.

Also, how does this sound for an instinct?

>Instinct: Pressurize
Put 3 steam counters on the Lich's Eternal Boiler trait card. Adjacent survivors suffer bash.

3's a lot for the steam counters, since they translate directly into damage or move speed depending on the ai card, but it also means that the instinct has a pretty high chance of putting him over his limit, which I'm thinking of capping at 7. Once that happens, he either gets knocked down, or ends his turn.
>>
>>51331574
I would think something like Instinct: Pressurize. Perform Gather Steam. Adjacent survivors suffer Bash and knockback 6. Gather Steam: Adds 1 Steam, but since it's an action definition it could be modified by the likes of persistent injuries (say "Lost Pressure Valve: Gather steam is now "Gain 2 steam and the monster is knocked down") and be performed as a standard action/reaction.

That seems in line with, say, Dragon King's Irradiate while borrowing tech from the likes of Phoenix Materialize or Tyrant Resonate.
>>
>>51331685
I like that a lot. Hopefully I'll have at least a rough Showdown sheet to post later tonight.
>>
>>51326818
what is this shit? It looks like a DeviantArt 3d page, did someone make that there intentionally?
>>
>>51331789
almost positive it came from the DOA thread on /e/. Some verrry devoted people there are working on perfecting the tits to each of their barbie dolls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVjUowJfF4E

Thread song
>>
File: confused.jpg (52KB, 599x509px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
52KB, 599x509px
>>51331936
>>
>>
>>51303834
I like this one
>>
When is the videogame coming out?
>>
>>51335047
2048 by EABlizzardUbisoftActivison
>>
>not a single word from Poots since the KS ended
I was not here for the first one, but it was it that dead silent then too?
>>
>>51336906
Yep. Expect 2 months or more of total radio silence between updates, because he doesn't know how to do PR.
>>
>>51336906
He will probably show up when he's done with car boyz.
>>
File: thanks.png (950KB, 2472x1881px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
950KB, 2472x1881px
>>51337426
>>51336955
why wouldnt he even come out to talk shit with the people who threw fistfulls of hundreds at him?

i'd feel so much gratitude, id find it hard not to say anything at all to them.
>>
>>51312812
I like the second girl, do you have by any chance the origin image?
>>
Hey, would someone mind posting the Dead End and Fated Lovers homebrews? I forgot to save them and the archive doesn't have them any more.
>>
>>51338080
Here's the unedited image from Update 36.
>>
>>51338128
Man, Survivors can get pretty fucking crazy under certain circumstances.
Kinda frightening.
>>
>>51338128
Thanks, do you have the other two girls too?
>>
File: Steam Lich Rough1.png (607KB, 3267x2505px) Image search: [Google]
Steam Lich Rough1.png
607KB, 3267x2505px
Alright, Steam Lich rough sheet 1 is at least presentable. I'm still working on getting some kind of art and creating cards for it though. Also thinking about making the knight slightly slower.

Stoke the Soul gives him a steam token, which can be used by other moves for increased damage/speed. Quintessence is a rare reagent for Salt Alchemy, letting it take the place of any of the other three primary reagents, Salt, Sulfur, and Mercury. Still tooling around with that though.

That said, any feedback from people who actually understand this game's balance is greatly appreciated, because I sure as hell don't.
>>
File: morte_de_manu_by_artdoge-d9omvz6.jpg (347KB, 1000x1591px) Image search: [Google]
morte_de_manu_by_artdoge-d9omvz6.jpg
347KB, 1000x1591px
>>51338248
I just realized I forgot the AI deck numbers, but whatever I still need to figure out how that actually works so its fine.
>>
>>51338206
Sure, here's the first (Anon Survivor)
>>
>>51338206
And here's number 2 (pinup Pond Scum armour)
>>
>>51338318
>>51338331
Thanks again good sir, I wish your civilization to last
>>
File: e6a9badba08a10e4d2984b434c4b2e4a.jpg (731KB, 1440x4320px) Image search: [Google]
e6a9badba08a10e4d2984b434c4b2e4a.jpg
731KB, 1440x4320px
For the day when we finally get this rad motherfucker as a proper expansion, what do you think its fight is gonna be like?

Personally I'm betting on cloudtop fights, some kind of lightning rod mechanic, and based on the flavor text on the website, at least one instance of a survivor getting a destroyed jaw from shock.
>>
>>51338248

Allow me to pointlessly extrapolate from what we have so far.

Is the monster a 2x2 (per Blind Spot graphic) or 3x3 (Per setup map)?

No speed/damage for level 2? Ah, but I think this is meant to be a later node Quarry, and those don't always need flat +stats with some of the nasty traits they gain. Plus, Tough 15? I imagine this thing is intended to be something of an endurance test, where survivors aren't going to be wounding at a good rate and are thus going to have to soak more AI cards, Fail reactions, and Traps than they might really like to.
>>
>>51339533
The smoke is actually marijuana and your survivors get relaxed and hungry all the time.
>>
>>51339533
According to other lore and legend a) Storm Knight is how a Survivor transcends to Hero status b) Storm Knight (at least one) can be found in a high-up castle where an ancient sunstalker has been chained to provide Stormy some light. That's Mountain Man level weird and epic.

I see Storm Knight as being the next Inverted Mountain or Abyssal Woods: the spine of a big alternate campaign.
>>
>>51339533
>>51339533
hopefully dark souls-y lightning spells and frogdog farts
>>
>>51339606
Ah, I need to fix that with the graphics. Steam Lich should be a 2x2, along the same lines as the Flower Knight. Ideally I'm thinking that it fits in at about node 3 or so, putting it at about the level of a weaker DBK or Phoenix.

In terms of the level 2 speed/damage, I'm really wary about giving it high base stats because of the Steam mechanic. Since the steam counters basically act as modular +1 damage or +1 speed tokens, depending on what AI card it ends up attacking with. I'm also trying to balance out the high toughness by having the steam counter cap and steam counter blowout effects, which cause the Steam Lich to end its turn if it gets more than a certain number of counters at once (to let off valve pressure) or to get significantly more injured if it is attacked for enough damage while it's full of steam.

Other than that, the high Tough I feel fits the survivors hitting something that's made of metal and necrotized flesh. It just don't feel the hits.
>>
fake ekoi here, been reading a lot of berserk lately. would any of you guys care about a homebrew of maybe a griffith fight or anything like that? was thinking of doing one with the dead end templates
>>
>>51338248
Looks good. Node 2 I assume, from stats and board placement? It gives quite a few basic resources, but that's not a terrible idea for an antelope replacement if it doesn't have many Resource giving hit locations.

Blind spot indicator is a different size than the setup.

The only major issue is the survivor placement. Get rid of the top two squares of it. Most survivor placement setups are easy to explain in a single sentence without even really needing the diagram. "Exactly 6 spaces away." or "Anywhere on the south edge" the only one that doesn't follow that rule is the dung beetle knight, and even then it's not too hard to explain because it's just "Anywhere within 3 spaces of the middle of the south edge"

Yours on the other hand comes out to "Exactly six spaces away and south of the monster, or 5 spaces directly to the east or west of the monster if you are even with the bottom edge of its base." It's far easier to just get rid of those two spaces that are outliers, and make it "Six spaces away and south of the monster". Also doesn't mess with first turn targeting as much, which tends to be a fairly important thing in this game, and is left almost entirely up to the players for a reason.
>>
>>51339965
Nevermind I'm an idiot. That is clearly Node 3 not 2. Been too long since I actually sat down and played I guess.
>>
I'm confused about SA's restless inner thigh crit wound. Does the antelope basically take a wound everytime it moves or do you have to damage it first?
>>
>>51341064
The word "additional" is probably screwing you up. It doesn't actually belong there.

Once you crit the location, for the next round, the monster takes 1 wound every time it moves. This triggers on its turn from AI, or from hit location reactions. Once the monster has gone, and then the survivors have gone, discard the hit location.
>>
>>51340016
>>51339965
(You)
>>
>>51341359
Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks
>>
>>51341359
What counts as "Moving" actually?
Everytime it makes a "Move & Attack" action, even if that just makes them turn around on the spot or something like that?
>>
>>51341657
anytime the model actually moves spaces on the board I would say. (So turning around doesn't count)
>>
Do you resolve a wound reaction if the hit kills the monster?
>>
File: 1380675108881.jpg (111KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1380675108881.jpg
111KB, 1058x705px
>vespertine bow
>frenzy drink
>circlet to avoid traps
>>
>>51326632
I know that 32 bit can only handle 4 gb of RAM, but is that the only difference between it and 64 bit? I play KDM on TTS and I've never seen the RAM jump past 1 gb.
>>
>>51341384
lol hey man thanks for the backup

anybody know how often Poots adds new minis in the online store?
>>
How's this setup?
Base Game 1.5
Gambler's Chest
Flower Knight
Dung Beetle Knight
Gorm
Dragon King
>>
>>51343474
Frenzy is melee only I think.
>>
>>51344712
Not bad, you have enough so it doesn't become a game of Lion Farmer.
>>
>>51345047
The only thing Melee specific about Frenzy is ignoring slow. Can still do it for the +1 str.
>>
You know what'd be fun? Homebrewing Monster Hunter monsters for TTS, especially if we can rip the models.

I would love to fight a Golden Rajang in tts.
>>
>>51346494
That does sound fun, maybe rajang has hit locations that anger it and cause super saiyan.
>>
>>51346494
Well anon, as Ghandi once said, make the homebrew you want to see in the world. Get to work on it.
>>
Whatever happened to the Swamp Fox settlement?
>>
>>51349404
Ringtail Fox. And it has grown MASSIVE and wasn't even remotely ready to show in the kickstarter.

There is a good chance that it will end up being an alternate core game, making it bigger than even Inverted Mountain or Abyssal Woods.
>>
>>51349889
2021 KDM2 Kickstarter confirmed.
>>
>>51349969
good one, thanks for the constructive post

now that that's out of the way, anybody have any ideas for homebrews that they're too lazy to do? I have a lot of free time lately and I've been bored. I've made homebrews for other games before and want to try my hand at this one using the Dead End templates
let me know if you have any interesting ideas
>>
Why are survivors so fucking tiny? They have to be like 4 feet tall at most.

We know the Manhunter is huge, but he is only debatably human.

We know the core game nemesis monsters are huge, but they are wearing armor so they might not actually be that big.

We know the lions are FAR bigger than in real life, but those aren't real lions so maybe Kingdom Death lions are just really big.

We know the Pariah is huge, but he's lost a lot of his humanity.

We know that the White Speakers are huge, but they use shape changing magics, so maybe that isn't their normal size.

But come on, ALL OF THESE TOGETHER? It's clear that the survivors are just fucking midgets. What the hell scribe?
>>
>>51350000
CHECKED also idk it's probably like dark souls or world of warcraft where important characters are made bigger just to make them have a bigger presence if that makes sense
>>
>>51349999
Dead end guy didn't make those templates, Reddit did. He's just the way most of us learned someone had made templates at all.

To answer your question though, an anon on BGG made their own version of the Lantern Festival. You could check that out.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1707525/my-lantern-festival-idea
>>
>>51350059
yeah I heard of that, I'll check it out. I was more thinking of custom fights maybe based on crossovers with other shit like Dark Souls or something. I feel like it'd be really fun to make
also thanks for the info on the templates, wasn't aware of that
>>
>>51350000
Surprisingly ekoiposter decides to add to the discussion instead of shitposting.

I wouldn't say they are tiny, infact every survivor is born ripped and abnormally beautifully. It's more like the scribe is making marble statues that start 'pure' but over time get corrupted like the monsters. A lot of the monsters are a corrupted or bastardized version of something that was once good or neutral (Gold Smoke, Black Knight, Dung Beetle, maybe even Sparrow King). As you get corrupted throug out the game to live you generally get uglier, disorderly, and maybe in this case monsters/enemies just get bigger.
>>
File: 1477907328547.jpg (63KB, 720x768px) Image search: [Google]
1477907328547.jpg
63KB, 720x768px
>>51350126
interesting theory, do you also think dragons are angels?
>>
>>51350338
Please fuck off.
not even the same trip
>>
>>51350798
you must be new to these threads
>>
>>51350823

Don't get too ahead of yourself, tripfag
>>
>>51350823
>implying you're the only one pretending to be ekoi
>>
>>51351019
i'm not pretending to be ekoi. i don't think any of us are
>>
>>51350000
Actually the survivor's proportions show people who are at or near 6 feet tall, even the ladies are generally tall.
>>
File: pic2585892.png (2MB, 1175x660px) Image search: [Google]
pic2585892.png
2MB, 1175x660px
>>51351935
Yup, everything else in the setting is just sodding colossal.

Manhunter might just be a case of WoW raid boss proportions, he looks the same height as the survivors in the art.
>>
>>51350000
Dark Souls effect - we made boss monster bigger to make them more impressive, there's no other reason to this. Except in Kingdom Death everything is a boss monster.
>>
Anybody have a high res scan of the battle board?
>>
File: kd-board-actual.jpg (1MB, 1600x1163px) Image search: [Google]
kd-board-actual.jpg
1MB, 1600x1163px
>>51354810
Biggest version I have.
The real deal is a little more desaturated I think.
>>
>>51354895
Thanks
>>
>>51353625
There's gameplay. It's easier to get around and attack a 2x2 base than a 1x1.
>>
So how would you guys nerf the vespertine bow?
>>
>>51357225
Make it cumbersome like every other bow in the game and make it require a resource from at least a level 2 if not 3 Flower Knight.
>>
>>51357244
>>51357225
do we know if poots nerfed it in 1.5?
>>
>>51357260
>do we know if poots nerfed it in 1.5?
There will be no changes to any expansions in 1.5.

So no, we know for a fact that it will not be nerfed.
>>
>>51357278
There's a chance that the Flower Knight saw changes with the Abyssal Woods campaign.

Personally, I always felt that the lack of Cumbersome on the bow was a typo, compared to relative power levels, and believe that it should be played as such.
>>
Never played original. Backed Kickstarter Core.

What expansions should I be getting to ensure a varied playthrough with some good branching options? It seems like some are set for certain phases, but I don't know how to judge what is good.
>>
>>51357438
Look for a Node 1 monster (Gorm, Frogdog, or Honeycomb Weaver) and an alternate full-length campaign (Dragon King, Sunstalker, Gryphon, or Abyssal Woods + FK & Spider)
>>
Could somebody quickly sum up, for a newfan, what a nemesis fight is and how it differs from a normal fight?
Also, what is the hallway-looking board I've seen people use for Gorm?
>>
>>51357909
They're boss fights with high risk and low reward, intended as more of a gear check for a settlement than your usual hunt.

IMHO that's why it's such a shame that so many people cheese these fights by just sacrificing four survivors when they come up.

Are you referring to the Hunt Track? That's not gorm specific, you use that for all quarries.
>>
File: 1480963897774.jpg (164KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480963897774.jpg
164KB, 1024x1024px
>>51357987
Oh OK thanks! Very helpful. Take this image as payment.
>>
Wait so will the Messengers be released singularly at a later time? Also what do you guys think the rules are? Fighting arts?
>>
>>51357909
You don't have to stalk a nemesis through hell, high water, and groping weeds.

Fight wise, not much. Gameplay wise, they come to you instead of the other way around.
>>
>>51358069
My guess is that they are being changed to use the Wanderer system.

I think they will always be bundled together. It's far easier than selling individual minis, especially once the rules are finished and get bundled in with them.
>>
>>51358166
So do you think they will be available at retail at some point, then? I'm just hoping for a chance to score the Guts mini without the other 3.
>>
>>51358083
That's actually a really good point that I think a lot of people don't consider with Nemesis encounters- not only do you not have to through the (very deadly) hunt phase, but they often give a few other advantages like bonus survival on departure and the ability to take the first turn.

In the end, it's still 1 hunt xp and 1 prof level, and that shits important.
>>
>>51358069
I'm assuming they are "wanderers" like every other primo with rules this KS.
>>
>>51358205
>and the ability to take the first turn

You know, having played the game for over a year, I think there has been exactly one time that we didn't got first against a hunt.

Monsters don't seem to move on the hunt board very often for us. So we rarely get ambushed.
>>
Is the Pathfinder stuff included in things that include all promos/expansions? I ask because the other two specifically state they are not included, but the Pathfinder post didn't have that caveat.

Personally, I don't care about the models so much as I care about the extra cards for Nemesis monsters it mentioned.
>>
>>51358263
You always go second in a fight with a quarry, barring a rule that says otherwise.

If you get ambushed that means the monster gets to go twice before you do.
>>
>>51358263
>Monsters don't seem to move on the hunt board very often for us. So we rarely get ambushed.
Anon... quarries always get the first turn. Getting ambushed means they get the first AND second turn.
>>
>>51358263
Broheim, ambush means the monster takes TWO turns. Monsters always get first turn.
>>
>>51358263
>being this bad at the game
It's okay, I used to mistakenly think that getting a light or heavy injury soaks all the damage from that hit, like severe injuries do.

Thats how my group plays Hero Mode now. Game is easier, but is still lethal instead of being bullshit baby tier like the official Hero Mode rules.
>>
>>51358277
They are crossovers, and are not included. But it's okay bro, you still get Anonymous Survivor.
>>
>>51358379
My worst honest mistake was thinking you could rotate gear willy-nilly. I posted about how easy equipping gear was and was gently corrected.
>>
File: 1283743105142.png (69KB, 424x514px) Image search: [Google]
1283743105142.png
69KB, 424x514px
>>51358403
Gross, I know the DBZ crossovers were included, so I had my fingers crossed. Here's to hoping we can increase pledge amounts!
>>
File: Capture.png (124KB, 207x249px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
124KB, 207x249px
>>51358263
>having played the game for over a year
>>
>>51358438
The DBZ figures aren't crossovers. The Perfect Dung Beetle Knight is a Perfect Dung Beetle Knight, not Cell. Neither is Goku included in the kit.

They are homages and inspired by, but legally distinct, from the source material. Which is the difference. The crossovers are the actual characters, used with permission of the other company.

I don't know the details of the terms, but the general understanding is that if they were included in the collection pledges (Satan, Gamblers, etc) then the assorted owners would have to be paid some percentage of each sale.

And while it's easy to calculate how much $20 is of $777 (2.57%) that number changes if the Gambler's Lantern pledger adds on a, say, Dragon King. You would have to do a new calculation for each individual pledge.

With it as an add on, you figure out how much money Paizo gets for the Pathfinders, and they just add up however many pledges select that reward and send them their cash. It's simpler.
>>
>>51357987
If there was an actual reason to fight them then I would definitely fight them to the fullest.

But as it is, the best way to deal with a Lvl 2 and 3 butcher is to just spend all your resources beforehand (or all but 2 if you have pottery) and sacrifice survivors to it. Your strong survivors are just way too valuable to risk for the slim chance you'll get a cleaver you may not even want.

It's not a shame that people basically skip the fights by dumping no skill survivors into it. It's a shame that the fights have no value.
>>
>>51358817
ok have fun being a metagaming fuckhead, I'm sure your playgroup won't talk about you behind your back
>>
What everyones least favorite new pinup? Personally I'm not a huge fan of the storm Knight
>>
>>51358960
Agreed. Although I bought a resin version of her just to speak with my dollars that I want more Storm Knight content.
>>
>>51358960
Overall least favorite: Male Twilight Knight. Not only do I have negligable interest in the male pinups to begin with, but unlike the others it feels really out of place because he's missing the props that define a Twilight Knight: No sword, no hood. I guess he's got the string going (even exaggerated) but it still feels really off. And honestly, even if I look past not personally wanting the Male pinups, that's pretty unique to male TK -- every other pinup has at least some of the established attributes for the "character" they're supposed to reinterpret or the concept they represent. Otaku Disciple of the Witch still has her witchy living clothes. Classic female pinup TK gets away with the hood and sword as well as string. Honey Raider girl has a defeated weaver phallus/tongue/hive that pretty immediately connects her to the source material. The only pinup KD has put out that fails like the Male TK does is Wet Nurse, and Pinup Wet Nurse isn't even trying so I can't say it failed.
>>
Anybody know of a Griffith (Femto) figurine/model/mini that would be around the right scale of KD:M?
>>
>>51360137
A nude buff dude will be your starting point. You're going to need to sculpt the armor details, helm, and mostlikely cloak as well depending on the pose.

Otherwise, I don't know how tall Griffith is meant to be.

No small task.
>>
>>51361401
Yeah it looks like it'll take a while. I think it'd make for an awesome homebrew, though.
>>
Any of you non-us guys ordered something from the store that came via usps' ISAL service? How much time did it take to deliver?
>>
Probably a long shot, but if anyone's looking to sell a Messenger of Humanity mini, I'm looking to buy one. Painted or not.
>>
File: alien1-370x480[1].jpg (24KB, 370x480px) Image search: [Google]
alien1-370x480[1].jpg
24KB, 370x480px
Alright, so with the new Aye Li'maow nemesis reveal yesterday, what are you guys expecting from it? Is it worth the retail price tag?
>>
>>51363245
I've got one unassembled. I got the naked messenger set with just the models and never got around to putting everything together. Contact info?
>>
>>51363440
[email protected]
Send me a timestamped pic of it so I know it's you. Thanks.
>>
new thread, this one's at autosage/bump limit
>>51363479
>>
>>51363470
It'll be a bit, I'm in the process of moving so someone else is holding on to my collection.
>>
>>51363568
No problem. Send me an email whenever you're ready
>>
>>51363616
Were you interested in any of the other Messengers so I can get them all together?
>>
>>51363668
No, just the Humanity one, sorry. Should be able to do it through eBay, yeah? If you name it something weird and send me a link.
>>
>>51363691
>>51363668
Or a "best offer" listing and then you just accept mine
>>
>>51363487
>Ekoi thread
Nah
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.