[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fvgt/ Friendly virtual gaming thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 46

File: 1480581542608.jpg (177KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480581542608.jpg
177KB, 850x800px
We haven't had one of these in a while.
Anyone has the PDF with resources for this thread?
How is BB3D going?
>>
>>51292942
I still don't understand what this thread is about?
>>
>>51293304
Its for people who plays online istead of in person
>>
>>51293373
To do...what?
>>
>>51293392
To talk about the specifics of online ttrpg you dunce.

What do you use for voice and music ? Roll20's voice chat is trash so I used an old laptop, installed ubuntu server and ts3 server on it. As a GM i also installed a sounboard client side to stream music and fx. It's really demanding in terms of preparation but it's really good if done well.
>>
>>51293431
So which video service is best for pairing with roll20?
>>
>>51293598
I don't care about cams, I don't use it for my games and just having game related stuff on the screen is enjoyable and immersive !
But just for the idea of video service i don't know what I would use honestly...
>>
I use roll20, the ease of map making using asset packs and the special effects of premium membership are fucking awesome to be creative with.
I actually figured out a good way to set up streams with it using dynamic lighting. The audience (I make this vids for people in my discord server who aren't playing but are interested in the campaign) can see everything every player is seeing on screen but on the player's screen they can only see their own character's line of sight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIP5gSU-ifg
>>
>>51293724
I'll look into it, I like to know how other players handle roll20 as it allows so many possibilities.
Any viable alternative to roll20 by the way ?
>>
File: 1327311252454.jpg (40KB, 604x499px) Image search: [Google]
1327311252454.jpg
40KB, 604x499px
>>51293724
>The audience (I make this vids for people in my discord server who aren't playing but are interested in the campaign) can see everything every player is seeing on screen but on the player's screen they can only see their own character's line of sight:
>>
File: 1360130949866.png (224KB, 354x471px) Image search: [Google]
1360130949866.png
224KB, 354x471px
Have you guys ever been cooncerned about RNG?

I will like to buy a hardware RNG but I don't think I could integrate it with roll20
>>
>>51294016
Roll20 is all I know as I've never really felt limited by it and friends have shat on any other online platforms I know of.

>>51294029
Is this meant to be facetious? It's interesting to me, I think it looks pretty cool in action :)
>>
Hey it lives. Whatever happened to Fading Embers, i was really enjoying that but i was offline for a weekend and when i came back it was gone.
>>
>>51294997
Bump of interest
>>
File: 1406387115704.png (88KB, 460x327px) Image search: [Google]
1406387115704.png
88KB, 460x327px
The dream is dead!
>>
>>51292942
>Its for people who plays online istead of in person
>To talk about the specifics of online ttrpg you dunce.
Hmmm - you might want to put that in your OP, then.....and you might want to review that first word in the thread title: FRIENDLY. Ya dunce. And maybe some online forum for this stuff would be nice???
>>
>>51299158
>>51299158
>And maybe some online forum for this stuff would be nice???
That is why I asked if anyboy has the PDF with resources, There is roll2 and BB3D to play online but there is also other stuff
>>
>>51292942
>saving pixel art as a jpg
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU NO WONDER THESE THREADS ARE SHIT
>>
Original OP here. Sorry guys, I've been crazy busy, and haven't had time to make a thread for this or Fading Embers. Give me a second and I'll have the PDF.
>>
File: FVGT Resources.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
FVGT Resources.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51302414
Here you guys go. And to clarify what this thread is about... Well, We try and be decent people and form a local community around helping other anons and helping them with resources to play games, make games, and create good stuff. Love and Krieg 2.0 started in this thread. Fading Embers did too.
>>
>>51302451
Alright, down to business. I recently got a hold of someone with a Tabletop Simulator account who's willing to send me a bunch of 3d models to me. I just need to re-label them all and their associated textures, and upload them to a MEGA. So basically Fading Embers will shortly have a near complete set of 3d models for use in BattleBox3d.

I've put the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RPG on hold for now. I'm evaluating the system I'm using for it and making sure it's actually what I want.

Also I binge read everything in Love and Krieg 2.0 the newest set of stories, done by MyNameIsMimikyu, are really worth a look if you haven't read them already.

Loving the Space Borrowers, feels like something out of an Asimov magazine. Good stuff.

Also someone is attempting to create an Angry Marines Codex. I kind of want to help him, since that's our thing.
>>
>>51302451
Nice, I'll use this next time

>>51302639
>Alright, down to business. I recently got a hold of someone with a Tabletop Simulator account who's willing to send me a bunch of 3d models to me. I just need to re-label them all and their associated textures, and upload them to a MEGA. So basically Fading Embers will shortly have a near complete set of 3d models for use in BattleBox3d.
Are TTS models even compatible with BB3D?
>>
>>51302669
BB3D dev said he was going to give .obj compatibility in the next update, but for now, Autodesk MeshMixer lets you convert from .obj to .dae as easily as saving a word doc as a pdf.
>>
>>51302451

>we have models

Well looks like it's time for me to go back to working on stat blocks again. I remember there was an issue with one of them and i needed to go back and redo it, but i can't remember which it was....
>>
>>51302738
I'll post the thread first thing tomorrow, I've got all four thread archive links.
>>
Also, in the interest of dredging up cool shit, this is what I'm using for one of the worlds in my FFG Star Wars Campaign:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Walmart_Apocalypse

Leave out Wal-Mart in the title, change some of the fluff so it resembles a post-apocalyptic Forge World, and add the right amount of Mad Max/Fist of the North Star, and this is what my players are going to face tomorrow.
>>
>>51302639

Are these models CC licensed or something, or are we waving the jolly roger here?
>>
>>51302917
They were all fan-made for the TTS Steam WorkShop.
>>
File: FadingEmbers_YonasAvatar.png (122KB, 291x320px) Image search: [Google]
FadingEmbers_YonasAvatar.png
122KB, 291x320px
>>51294997
>Whatever happened to Fading Embers
It seemed to me that the Holidays killed it for a while.
There were no threads posted in late December or early January.
I assumed that Calvin&Hobbes-anon who was regularly starting the threads was preoccupied.

I considered starting one, but my schedule has been insane and I can only answer so much as my system cannot manage online play at the moment.
I entirely missed the short lived Fading Embers thread on the 12th.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/51161141

I continue to support both this thread and Fading Embers, despite my limited time and knowledge.
>>
>>51302934

So licensing unclear. Gotcha.
>>
>>51302976
Sorry about that Art-anon. I'll post a new thread tomorrow, but really, I can't just do everything. I need people who can post the new threads for me, people who can compile info from the archives so I can format it for the wiki, and people who can help maintain these projects. These threads both fell apart because they depended on me too much.
>>
>>51303033
According to the EULA, It's the user, not the company that's responsible for copyright infringement of mods ans custom content.

Basically as long as TTS still has the models, and the fans are the ones providing the content, we're free to use it as we see fit, though if our game becomes too popular for using models with the likeness of famous IP, we'll probably get the same C&D treatment that GeeDubs did with that guy on Reddit who tried 3d printing his own models.

Or more likely they'll just have MEGA delete our folder full of 3d models.
>>
>>51302934
What games have fanmade minis on TTS?
>>
>>51303392
A ton.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=286160&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems&requiredtags%5B%5D=Custom+Models

Most board games. But as for wargames I've seen everything for Warhammer Fantasy, 40k, and 30k. Battletech, Infinity, Warmahordes... the list goes on. Plus Dark Souls.
>>
Last bump of the night. Keep this thread alive!
>>
>>51303145
>but really, I can't just do everything.
Truth.

>I need people who can post the new threads for me
I can do this

>people who can compile info from the archives so I can format it for the wiki
I might be able to do this

>and people who can help maintain these projects
I can maybe help organize a bit.

I can definitely ... bump.
>>
File: fucking wizards.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fucking wizards.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>51292942
This might as well be a good thread to ask. What are some good alternatives to Roll20? I'm currently running a tokenless system so many of the nifty features that Roll20 offers in that regard isn't all that useful to me or my players, and the features we do use we find somewhat lacking in the quality of life department.

Being able to make extensive macros is a huge plus, as the system we're using has a large amount of math involved and we like to streamline things by condensing it all into singular button presses.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>51306089
>This might as well be a good thread to ask. What are some good alternatives to Roll20?
Seconding this question.
>>
>>51306964
>>51306089
Hold on, I had a couple of options somewhere. Give me a bit.
>>
I've taken to running games on Telegram. It's easy to get a small Risus game going with the availability of dicebots and the ability to store character sheets via messaging yourself.
>>
>>51303389

Always keep a backup of models for takedown resistance
>>
>>51306089
>>51306964
Alright, I'm back. You could try Slack, which works like Discord, but with apps instead of bots.

Or this: http://alternativeto.net/software/roll20/
>>
File: 1445025566746.png (5KB, 154x157px) Image search: [Google]
1445025566746.png
5KB, 154x157px
>>51303455
Awesome but how hard will it be to get those models in bb3d?
>>
>>51308005
Not too hard. I already had my buddy dump a bunch of models for Fading Embers for me. It's a simple matter of converting .obj to .dae, matching up the textures to their models, labeling them, and making sure they're in the standard 512px format.

Sounds like a lot, but I'm majoring in Game Design, so really it's not much more than about an hour's worth of work.
>>
>>51308060
We will need to create a mega folder or something similar to share those files.
>>
>>51308112
Already on it.
>>
So would anybody else be interested in pulling together a living campaign?

I don't have a particular setting in mind, or genre, or system in particular (could be a few different systems at once, really, but that would take just a bit more work).
But I've always been grabbed by the idea of a big shared experience like this and it seems like just the thing to do through /fvgt/.
>>
>>51309663
Which platform are you planning on running this through?
>>
>>51309751
Presumably GMs would collaborate and keep in contact through Discord and Google Groups for persistent documents, with perhaps a OneNote doc collating things (but you could mostly replace that with any wiki-type site or an Obsidian Portal page).
>>
>>51309751
>Google Groups
Sorry, meant a 'Google Drive group'. Not sure if Google Groups are even a thing any more.
>>
>>51309823
Slack would work better. You can create multiple channels that act as threads, Mark them as invite only for Groups and GM discussion. It also has Dice bots and other stuff for character sheets, and you're able to share documents and images. We'd all use the same address, and once you archive threads anyone can view them.

Think Discord, except with more plugins and more text oriented than voice oriented.
>>
>>51309751
I also had the thought that once it gets started we would have a small digest/zine type PDF covering what each group is up to as well as maybe throwing the focus to a part of the setting each month or however often it would get put together.

But that's me getting a bit ahead of myself.
>>
>>51309925
Not a bad idea at all.
>>
>>51310000
It's also easier for people to create new channels, and it works through mobile. It would require careful organization though, because it is, in essence, a Discord, so you'd need to have a plan in mind before you really get people on the server, to prevent drama.
>>
>>51309663
>So would anybody else be interested in pulling together a living campaign?
I definitely like this idea.
>>
Fading Embers Thread is live.

>>51312161
>>
>>51312172
Groovy
>>
Alright, so assuming we do this Living Campaign thing, here's a few system suggestions(assuming it's going to be text-based)

Cypher system(Yeah, I know, weird design and all that) but it's a generic universe system where the GM never rolls, and it's always a 1d20 roll, meaning that it's streamlined for player and GM management on a Text-based system.

Strike! 1d6 system, no more, no less, and universal. Rulebook is organizes wonky, but underneath that the system is relatively innoffensive.
>>
>>51306089
IRC, write a bot.
If voice use teamspeak.
>>
>>51315387
>write a bot.

Why not use one of the dicebots that already exist?
>>
>>51315441
You could if you find one you like. I'm a programmer for hire so I just think about writing one myself. Though I've only written one IRC dice bot. It was for The One Ring.
>>
Will you guys be interested in playing PDF related on bb3d?
>>
>>51314216
Never read up on Cypher system, but I'm always looking for a chance to learn a new system.

>and it's always a 1d20 roll, meaning that it's streamlined for player and GM management on a Text-based system.
It's going to ultimately be down to each GM to be in charge of where their game is played; the goal's not necessarily to have it all played the same way and in the same place (but if everybody wants that, then why not).
We just have to make sure every GM's on the same page and that each group has a log of what's going on so every group and their actions properly propagate through the setting.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 193x261px
>>51316115
I'm more excited to play this in BB3D.
>>
Is rolld20 any good for searching for groups? I'm asking because it is difficult to find a group where I live.

>>51292942
Okay so are the creatures in the image the other players (in real life)? they don't look so friendly.
>>
>>51318146
Roll20 is what you make of it. Closest thing it's to is your average dating service. Some people are on there because they don't have any other options... but most are because they're so socially awkward that they've turned to online services in hopes of the internet helping to solve their problems. Be patient, be considerate, follow good Player/DM etiquette, and scrutinize every profile, and you'll eventually find the right group.

Also it's probably going to be a 5e game. Just saying.
>>
>>51302639
Ever thought of just using PTU and everyone just play a pokemon?
>>
>>51318260
PTU sort of... really fails at what it was trying to do. Could work though.

Personally if you want the best method to simulate Pokemon on the tabletop, I'd go for a Skirmish Game using a "Your Guys" focused system, and each player chooses one from their team to use in combat, with a Roleplaying system for Trainers outside of combat.
>>
File: Yuu.png (227KB, 464x516px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu.png
227KB, 464x516px
>>51318260
>>51318427
If I was going to play a tabletop Pokemon game I'd probably use OVA. If you were wanting to play trainers with full rotating rosters of pokemon it'd be a bit goofy, but assuming it's more like the anime where it's pretty good. It even has good example character for that.
>>
>>51318569
>but assuming it's more like the anime where it's pretty good
>where it's pretty good
>where
That word shouldn't be there and I'm more tired than I thought.
>>
I'm amazed this still exists and has 70 posts

does anybody have scans of the kingdom death: monster cards? I don't want to have to beg the tg roll20 group for their resources yet
>>
>>51318881
It's a good thread. No, unfortunately. Wish we could help.

Interestingly enough I found These though: https://sketchfab.com/search?q=kingdomdeath

In case you wanted fully 3D viewable models of KD girls.
>>
>>51318881
Alright, so I may have found an option for you.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=286160&searchtext=kingdom+Death&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

Find me a mod with the right content and I can get you the textures for the cards, basically giving you images of them.

Welcom to /fvgt/, where we get shit done.
>>
>>51319407
>Welcom to /fvgt/, where we get shit done.
Aw yeah.
>>
Does anyone have a big pack of scifi icons/characters for roll20 maps?
>>
>>51302736
In fact I have a test build that has obj compatibility that I am going to put up tonight!

bb3d dev
>>
File: 441d31926d9a05875866bd420d0178d3.jpg (89KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
441d31926d9a05875866bd420d0178d3.jpg
89KB, 1080x1440px
Now that Soundcloud is gone from roll20, how can I play my own music on there? Like mp3s.
>>
>>51322201
>Does anyone have a big pack of scifi icons/characters for roll20 maps?
In the unsorted companion Archive PDF there are a few troves of roll20 icons and maps.
>>51213497
>>
>>51322746
Thanks.
>>
>>51318146
>Is rolld20 any good for searching for groups?
Fuck no, the native roll20 community is to /tg/ what Gaia is to /a/ or reddit is to /v/
Try the gamefinder thread here on /tg/ to find people

>Okay so are the creatures in the image the other players (in real life)?
No idea, that pic wasn't made for this thread.
>>
>>51323166
>the native roll20 community is to /tg/ what Gaia is to /a/ or reddit is to /v/
Not that anon and I think I know what you're driving at, but that's all just clicks and whistles to me.
>>
>>51323854
>roll20 has bad players, m'kay?
>>
>>51322245
Awesome, thanks again for everything.
>>
>>51322340

Natively, within-application?

You can't. 2017 is the year roll20 dies. Without music, and with the number of GMs and games overall dwindling, there's no way it can survive another year.
>>
>>51329050
Sure. I'll put that next to the prophesy that both MTG and 5e will die in 2017.
>>
>>51329454

Nah, MTG will limp on for a good while longer: It has enough traction that it can keep moving forward(pack purchases and players are still way up from 2010, but they are way down from their peak).

And 5e is rolling along rather successfully with the adventure-centric publishing plan.
>>
>>51329488
Right. I was grouping statements of similar credibility.
>>
Fading Embers thread is dead. Again.
>>
>>51329050
>Natively, within-application?
How about any other ways?
>>
>>51330343
Usually something like a Hangouts, Slack, or Discord Music Player/bot works.
>>
>>51322340
>>51330343
Maybe try a Rabb.it stream. Never used it myself, but it covers Soundcloud and then some.
>>
>>51309663
>>51312073
>>51314216
So far we have two suggested candidates for the system: Strike! and the Cypher System.
Any other suggestions for system? Here's a relatively comprehensive list of what I've got on hand (didn't generate sub-directories): http://pastebin.com/BJDsYA69
Personally I've been wanting to try Fantasy Craft and True20 for a good while, but those are also d20 OGL-derived and I know that's a little polarizing.

Any preferences for settings?
I've had an itch for some Sword-and-Planet science fantasy (which Cypher System, Strike!, and True20 all handle quite well).
>>
>>51293705
What else do you use? Just chat?
>>
>>51331990
I originally posted Cypher. I now withdraw my suggestion. The recent Numenera thread makes a hefty case argument against the system.
>>
I'm going to try to get the textures done by tomorrow and re-post Fading Embers thread... so Get Hype!
>>
Bump(in the night)
>>
>>51333666
I'm interested in seeing these textures of yours, Satan.
>>
>>51331990
Any more with opinions on this?
>>
File: Virtual-Bump.gif (19KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual-Bump.gif
19KB, 800x600px
>>
How are those TTS assets going?
>>
>>51340453
I may just have to upload the models only and have some kind anons help with the textures. It seems that the textures provided may not be the universal mapping. Of course, I could just be doing it wrong.
>>
>>51338483
I want to see it happen, but we need something to really push it forward. Perhaps try and get two campaigns to start with on a Slack channel, and expand from there.
>>
>>51341407
Yeah, starting small would be realistic and would help make sure we can get our ducks in a row.
>>
>>51341882
Alright. How about a Mad Max game using core Savage Worlds and this: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/peg-freebies/VehicleToolkitUpdated.pdf

I can't run it, nor do I have the time to play, but I'll spitball suggestions.
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (33KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.jpg
33KB, 638x425px
>Join a group on Roll20
>Find a way to get out of city using some deception
>That's retarded anon, we just want to kill stuff instead
>Spend the rest of the game quiet because it's a combination of stfu new guy and 4+ people trying to talk at the same time
I let the DM know that I won't be coming back next week, as I assumed we were going to avoid being murder hobos.
>>
>>51338483
I'd like to see Strike get played more often myself!
>>
>>51344188

>4+ people talking at the same time

>talking

>voice

Found your problem.
>>
>>51344810
From what I can see it's a pretty good system, but it needs some reorganization of the rulebook. A lot of people say it's a harder system than it is because the book is so poorly formatted.
>>
>>51345516

It's not just that the book is poorly formatted, it's that unlike D&D 4e, every combat archetype is LASER-FOCUSED and doesn't allow for the kinds of backside-covering quirks that you got in 4e thanks to the large amount of powers.
>>
>>51345516
I've also seen people suggest replacing its non-combat mechanics with other games'.
Or maybe it'd be more accurate to say "replace other games' combat with Strike!," which could also help a bit to cover the issues >>51345886
pointed out as many skill systems have combat applications to sort of fill in the margins.
>>
>>51347404
So... we cobbled together a new system out of two old ones just to run a new campaign with? Sounds like /fvgt/ alright.
>>
>>51342028
>>51347461
Whether or not we use Savage Worlds or a bastard child of Strike!, a Mad Max-like setting could be fun. I'm thinking give it a dash of "Princess of Mars" for a slightly otherworldly, soft scifi bent.

Something to consider, though: what would the other half of Strike be?
>>
>>51347680
Have you considered Valor RPG?
>>
>>51347710
I have not--tell me more.
>>
>>51347680
I like this. Toss in some Borderlands-esque stuff for fun. Savage Worlds Sci-Fi system would work well, but Strike also has Sci-Fi supplements.
>>
>>51347811
Well, much like Strike, it sells itself as a fast-playing game with grid-based tactical combat. Unlike Strike, there are no classes and you build your characters and their powers entirely from scratch. It's like the "superhero" version of DnD 4e. Character creation is definitely more involved than Strike, but less than full-on superhero systems like Mutants and Masterminds. I'd place it somewhere around the level of Savage Worlds.
>>
>>51347951
I'm bad at explaining things, so I probably forgot to say something relevant. I'll keep thinking about it. Also if you want to take a look at it, I know for a fact that it's in "da archive", just search for "Valor" in the PDF.

>>51338556
>>
>>51348051
Here's kind of a big deal - Valor doesn't keep the at-will/encounter format of powers. Instead you have stamina points/spell points that you spend to use your powers, or techniques as the game calls them. The higher level/stronger a technique is, the more stamina points it costs to use, but you can attach flaws to the power to make it cheaper to use. Also there are no freebies, if you run out of SP you need to recharge. There's no "normal attack", so don't give your attacks a limited number of uses unless you're absolutely confident the fight will end before you run out. You CAN reduce an attack's stamina cost to 0, though.

What the game does keep though are attributes. There are five stats, 4 can be used offensively and the 5th is purely defensive. They all have different out-of-combat uses, give you different passive bonuses, and have different advantages when used for attacks or other techniques (Strength is shit for ranged attacks, but is king for moving enemies around).

There's also practically NO rules for money or itemization - if you need it, you got it, barring a few optional rules.

That probably helps a lot more than that whole lot of nothing I initially said.
>>
File: OVA screencap.png (91KB, 471x573px) Image search: [Google]
OVA screencap.png
91KB, 471x573px
>>51347951
>>51348051
>>51349094
I've just started poking through the PDF, and between that and your description it actually reminds me quite a bit of OVA (which should also be in da archive). Valor's more detail-oriented and with less broad abstractions, but it still strikes a very similar ethos (like taking so much of the tone from anime, manga, and videogames) and plays with a lot of the same ideas for how to build and communicate what a character does and how they do it.
>>
>>51349490
Interesting, I'll check OVA as well. Thanks for the tip, I love trying out new systems.
>>
File: Grabbing_Dice.png (111KB, 285x296px) Image search: [Google]
Grabbing_Dice.png
111KB, 285x296px
Bump
>>
>>51347934
Yeah: a lot of it is industrial and showing a big range of rust and wear, but some of it is misplaced tech that sticks out a little. Like, some stuff almost looks almost anachronistic.
>>
>>51352185
Oh, we're doing setting stuff now? Alright. I like the idea of having multiple crazy tech pieces from various alien and human cultures. Bio-gun from one corner of the universe, Eradicator from the star system next door, etc.

There is no way off the planet. You're stuck in either a Tri-gun desert-scape, the Northern Highlands, or whatever environment the story calls for.
>>
File: neil-maccormack-1.jpg (782KB, 1753x739px) Image search: [Google]
neil-maccormack-1.jpg
782KB, 1753x739px
>>51352625
I'm glad we're so much on the same page here.
>>
>>51352849
If it's all gear and tech focused though, I'm tempted to suggest we run it using Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader, minus the Psyker stuff.(or with it for funstuffs)

I found a nice homemade Vehicle creation and combat supplement online for it too.
>>
One last bump. Thread generally needs one more about 2-3 hours from now if you want to see it through the night. I'm heading to bed though, so it's on you guys.
>>
banpu.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>
>>51345130

different anon, what is wrong with voice?
>>
>>51322245
Is there any way I can upload custom images on the face of a die, the same way you can make new tokens in the scale tool? It would be nice to be able to have dice to play Armada or X-wing, or other custom dice games.
>>
>>51354652
>>51356393
>>51357666
>>
>>51357692
My guess is that 1) most voice options are terrible. Maybe Discord or Teamspeak, but Skype and Roll20 are right out.

Also text is more low-key, and it let's people read through and keep up with the game.
>>
>>51360097

Text slows everything to a crawl though. At least in my experience.
>>
>>51360097
Some people use a hybrid of text + voice chat, which mostly involves the game's IC going on in text chat and the GM clarifying things and players asking questions in the voice chat. It speeds up the game a bit while still letting you have chatlogs that are easy to archive and to keep up with.
>>
>>51352849
>>51352625
We should go mostly Desert and Frozen wastelands. The thing that drives these kind of settings is scarcity of resources.
>>
File: r u selous.jpg (228KB, 859x920px) Image search: [Google]
r u selous.jpg
228KB, 859x920px
How do you make your own map icons for roll20.net?
>>
>>51362234
What's a map icon?
>>
>>51362234
http://www.rptools.net/toolbox/token-tool/
>>
>>51362517
Oh, tokens? Yeah, token tool. It's simple and effective. I recommend it too.
>>
>>51362517
I'm compiling more resources for online games and general rpg stuff for the PDF. Adding this to the List.
>>
File: huLiunV.jpg (426KB, 675x1024px) Image search: [Google]
huLiunV.jpg
426KB, 675x1024px
>>51360365
A smattering of different types of wilderness would work well, but definitely a lot of flatter types of wasteland.
And then there will be a few relatively larger settlements, here and there, mostly on the periphery, that have their own role or token industry. Like Mad Max. Barter Town's for bartering, the Bullet Farm makes bullets, that sort of thing.

I'm also toying with the idea of there being a 'city' that's just a MegaCity style apartment block, a citadel in itself, big enough (and with barely enough advanced tech) to let it limp along self-sustained in the broken bones of some megalopolis thanks to its occupants cannibalizing scavenged tech to keep it all running.
>>
>>51365962
So... do we start a new thread for this setting, or continue here?
>>
File: 16 - 1.png (1MB, 769x1021px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.png
1MB, 769x1021px
>>51362517
>>51362645
THanks!
>>
>>51366117
I say keep it here for now, and make a thread about it once this thread goes. Hopefully we'll have more of a lock on setting (or at least what system we're using).

So far I think Savage Worlds might be the way to go, all things considered, but I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>51366117
>>51367099
(plus it's good for keeping this thread bumped)
>>
>>51367121
Alright. Yeah, I say Savage Worlds. It is to GURPS what 5e is to 3.5.

There are so many ways the above statement will trigger massive autistic rage and aneurysms.
>>
>>51367099
Savage Worlds would be a good system. I'd suggest taking a look at Mini Six as well, though it's a little more barebones than SW.
>>
>>51367910
This could work. Possible Open D6 as well, however, we're kind of pushing it with all these systems. Savage Worlds is probably going to be it.
>>
File: Mole.png (1MB, 900x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Mole.png
1MB, 900x1081px
>>51365962
What would the Races Be? Cause I really like the idea of Mole People.
>>
File: 1485119313437.jpg (541KB, 2445x864px) Image search: [Google]
1485119313437.jpg
541KB, 2445x864px
>>51371040
Mole people would be a good fit for sure. Imagine a community of them living in big bunkers like the Maginot Line had. Maybe being isolated, maybe charging a toll for use of a well-guarded road in the no-man's-land.

Were you thinking a fully different race, or no-longer-quite-human mutants?
>>
>>51371407
Still trying to decide. I like the pic I uploaded, but Eerie mutant mole men would be great. maybe give it the Lovecraftian Devolution twist for fun.
>>
>>51371407

I don't think they'd charge for the road, unless maybe they maintained it. Too much going aboveground.
Charging for staying the night in their safe underground waystation instead of the monster-haunted wilds above, though? That I can see. With rumors that the creepy mole people's friendly, helpful demeanor might be a facade, and that maybe sometimes people disappear not on the roads, but down in the waystations themselves. But how would you know, right?
>>
>>51371610
They should have to deal with mutated horrors in the underground. It'll be a lot like Metro 2033.
>>
I dig mole people.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>51375332
>>51375332
>Bamp.
>>
Alright, so far we have a Mad Max like setting in space, featuring a group of survivors in a wasteland planet with various bits of tech lying around.

Current races so far are Humans and Molemen. Probably want a race of aliens in it as well.

Suggested system so far is Savage Worlds with Sci-Fi supplement and Vehicle Toolkit supplement.

I'm thinking that the planet was turned into the nuclear wasteland that it is after two fleets of warring ships crashed into the planet, filled with nuclear power sources and weapons, causing the massive fallout, giving us our stranded survivors, and all the tech lying around.

Tri-gun meets Mad Max meets Borderlands meets Fist of the North Star.
>>
>>51378818
Shit that's awesome, what sort of martial arts do the molemen have?
>>
>>51380932
>what sort of martial arts do the molemen have
This is an amazing question and it makes me glad I decided to start this.
Assuming they're more mole than man, there would probably be some sort of Judo-like martial art that's more defensive and reactive. They'd take a low stance, or even go on all fours, and throw, flip, or tackle their opponent using their lower center of gravity.

And then maybe mangle them with their big ol' diggin' claws.
>>
>>
more setting-relevant bump pics
>>
>>51382662
Savage Worlds does come with a Martial Arts Expansion, though I'm unsure how balanced it is to the Sci-fi expansion. I know the Super Powers is not compatible with other supplements, simply for sheer power scale.
>>
>>51385397
I've heard there's a good martial arts Arcane Background covered in Deadlands if someone wants more of a Kenshiro bent. Between that and the edges in Modern Martial Arts there should be a fair amount of support.
>>
>>51387721
Alright. I can start fabricating Races and Templates then. Did we decide whether Mole Men were beastmen or mutants?
>>
>>51388898
I vote beastmen. They're different enough from humans that it won't easily fall prey to the "just humans but short/pointy-eared/whatever" trap.
>>
>>51390467
Alright, and I vote that we make them similar enough to dwarves that we avoid the Furry trap as well. Best of both worlds and all that.
>>
>>51390497
>molemen
>also dwarves
Well now it's starting to remind me of Armed and Dangerous, and anything that reminds me of Armed and Dangerous clearly has to be a masterpiece.
>>
Page 10 bump.
>>
>>51390467
>I vote beastmen.
Seconding this.
>>
>>51394041
Alright, expect Molemen stats in a couple of hours or two, as well as some recommended Edges for Mole style Martial Arts.

Ok, so far we've kept mysticism and magic out of this. I kind of want to keep it that way, if no one else has any arguments.

Also we need more races. Probably around three more, some of which should be aliens, another should be Mutants.
>>
File: gullaldr-nidfolr-final-1.jpg (281KB, 1920x1268px) Image search: [Google]
gullaldr-nidfolr-final-1.jpg
281KB, 1920x1268px
>>51394217
>Ok, so far we've kept mysticism and magic out of this. I kind of want to keep it that way, if no one else has any arguments.
Yeah, I think that's for the best. I enjoy a bit of arcane edge to science fantasy and Phantasy Star IV is my jam, but this setting's shaping up to be busy enough as it is. Wouldn't want to go full Rifts with it.

There's a fan Savage Gamma Worlds which has mutations, but those are pretty gonzo. Still, we could pilfer the hook: "1d4 mutations, roll on this list", and in our case each mutation has an upside and downside.
And to populate the list we could basically just skim racial features. Like, one mutation could be the Strength bonus and Charisma deficit from the core-rules Half Orc. Call it "Big and Ugly". That sort of thing.
>>
>>51395044
Mole Men Stats:

[+1] Burrow (10”): A burrowing creature may tunnel on its action,and may erupt from the ground at any point within its burrowing Pace the same round if desired. It cannot be attacked while beneath the earth unless the attacker has some special means of detecting it and penetrating the intervening dirt. Burrowing creatures strike by erupting from beneath their opponents and taking them by surprise. When this occurs, the Burrowing creature makes an opposed Stealth roll versus the target’s Notice. If the creature wins, it gains +2 to attack and damage that round, or +4 if it gets a raise. If the victim wins and was on Hold, he may try to interrupt the burrower’s attack as usual.
[+1] Low Light Vision: Dwarven eyes are accustomed to the dark of the underearth. They ignore attack penalties for Dim and Dark lighting.
[+1] Natural Claws: Mole Men have large claws that do Str+d6 damage.
[+1] Smell Sense: +2 to Notice checks when using sense of smell
[-1] Light Sensitive: Mole Men have poor eyesight in bright light. They suffer a –2 penalty to any Trait roll made
to shoot or Notice something more than 5” (10yards) distance while in broad daylight or other bright lighting, unless they use sunglasses or darkened goggles. Losing their eye-wear is generally a 50% chance when wounded, or no chance if using Goggles or similar.q
[-1] Slow: Mole Men have a Pace of 5”.

Working on Martial Arts now.
>>
>>51395354
>>51395044
Man, I'm silly. I'd completely forgotten about the race creation rules.
In that case mutants could be two rolls on a table of net +1 trait packages (if we were going to handle it with random mutations at all).
>>
>>51396641
Sounds good.
>>
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>51402288
>>51404042
I could post about something but i don't even know what is going on this thread anymore.
>>
>>51404773
Well, we're primarily an online traditional games resource group. Main goal is to make it easy to play games using the various free resources found online.

We're also a thread where you can pitch new ideas and concepts, and in general try and make /tg/ get Shit done. Love and Krieg 2.0 was a result of the very first thread.

Right now we're working on a Mad Max in Space setting: >>51378818 in order to run a Living Campaign, where multiple groups collaborate together, possibly running in the same setting, or the same multiverse.
>>
>>51404911
I know all of that, I'm just kind of lost on the setting you're trying to make
>>
>>51404995
Hmm... closest equivalent would be Borderlands, except we're giving it a more gritty feel rather than comedic.

Just think Mad Max with Alien Tech and some Fist of the North Star Martial Arts thrown in.
>>
>>51396641
You know what this setting needs? Plague Doctors.
>>
>>51405249
Plague doctor variants would meld nicely with the post-apoc feel of >>51405051
>>
>>51405051
I know and I can imagine the concept
I'm not big on lore, I rather homebrew mechanics
>>
>>51411629
Now that I've got time I'm going to try and bash out a loose history and come up with some general geography, start thinking about where things would be on a map.

I'm going to at least temporarily call the planet 'Babylon': It's the desert-scrubbed ruins of some great thing, only the foundations are left; once it acted like a gateway to something greater (back when there would have been space travel) and one interpretation of Babylon had it mean "gate of god"; and with all the setting elements melded together it plays off of another name for Babylon meaning "confusion" (which is also where we got the word 'babble' from).
>>
>>51411629
Well, all of Savage Worlds is in Da Archive. We need some martial arts styles and a random table for mutants. Savage Worlds is dead simple to learn as well. Think GURPS done with the ease of 5e, and homebrew made even simpler.
>>
>>51413899
Now that sounds interesting
>>
>>51413899
I made a few mutations to add into whatever else gets made, but I've never played SW before so I'm not sure they're any good.

Big and Ugly
>[+2] start d6 in Strength
>[-1] -2 charisma

Venemous Quills
>[+2] Victims that suffer a Shaken result from natural weapons must make a Vigor roll or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds.
>[-1] -2 to resist Cold weather effects.

A Bit Extra
>[+2] Extra Arm: One extra non-movement action, incurs no multi-action penalty.
>[-1] Extra Leg: Pace 5, because it's so damn awkward

Talons
>[+1] Natural weapons that do Str+d6 damage

Thick Skinned
>[+1] +2 to resist negative environmental effects

Bird-like
>[+3] Begin with a d8 in Agility (may raise it to d12+2 via normal advancement; Expert and Master edges can raise it to d12+4)
>[-2] -1 Toughness
>>
>>51415694
Looks good.
>>
>>51408344
>>51405249
Ok, I've figured out how to implement these guys: Medical Worship Cult that believes it's their sworn duty to purge the mutants, cut out the tumors, and expel the people of the effects of the radiation.
>>
File: 150px-Rod_of_Asclepius2.svg.png (17KB, 150x480px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Rod_of_Asclepius2.svg.png
17KB, 150x480px
>>51417957
I like it.
They'd use the Rod of Asclepius as their sign and engrave on their weapons and stamp it on their 'medical tools'.
And to complicate things, they'd actually be fairly good doctors and be an important source of medical supplies so as much of a pain in the ass they might be to a party they might have occasion to deal with them.

Wikipedia says the plague doctor outfit was created by Charles de Lorme. Call them 'Lormites'?
>>
>>51418189
Sounds good. Alright, time to speed this up: five major ruling factions, Five minor ones

Major:
1. Raiders: the wild, adrenaline fueled car crashing War Boys. Many different factions and clans, but are ruled by a couple of major leaders.

2. Hard Justice Group: The ones with the most efficient tech and the power to wield it. Are theoretically nice guys, but they're pretty strict, maybe even fanatically so.

Minor
1. Mole Men
2. Plague Doctors
>>
Fanatical theocratic eco-terrorist alchemists?
The Planeteers meets the Manson family: saving Mother Earth with psychotropics, machetes, and unbridled hatred!
>>
>>51419285
Flower child berserkers, I like it.

How's this for lore:
These big sickly-sweet blossoms grow all around their turf--and if you make a yerba-style tea out of it you'll get pleasurably high for a good five hours. A fantastic painkiller.
The rub is, it's pretty habit-forming and long-term use is basically guaranteed to give you schizophrenia. Those crazies add it to nearly everything they eat and thinks it brings them closer to nature; "Drink the tea, and the trees tell you secrets!"
A lot of them even chew the leaves outright like some people in South America do with coca, big cheekfuls of the stuff.

Most people think they just rot the brain if you're fool enough to get addicted. But, the plague-mask wearing Lormites happen to know the truth about those blossoms: they're actually a holoparasite and eating the plant deposits parasitic pods in the lining of your digestive tract that continually release mind and mood altering chemicals until they mature more and detach, or you die. It's better for the plant if you die.
And when one of these hippy barbarians die, they toss them into the bushes and in six months they're one with the planet--with all these wonderful flowers growing out of their bones.

Now we just need a name for them.
"Flower Folk"?
>>
>>
>>51419827
>>51419827
Blood Lilies. Sounds silly right? Then they fuck your Shit up and you remember that the Lily is the flower most commonly associated with death.
>>
>>51419827
>>51420996
The petals themselves are normally more of a purple-blue color, but it turns a meaty red when dried, cooked, or chewed.
>>
>>51419827
>>51420996
"Lily Eaters" then! Which is great, because it's like a grim, violence-tinged version of the Lotus Eaters from The Odyssey. Some of the crew ate the delicious lotus berries offered by the islanders, and then were zonked off their ass and didn't care about going home again. Herodotus even said they made wine from it, like the Lilly Eaters make tea.
>>
Alright. Martial Artists. How do we fit them in. Does everyone just have their own cultural dialect of martial practice they can choose to learn, or are we going full North Star and creating a Kung Fu Behemoth that rules over a large faction?
>>
Any news on the BB3D model fileshare front? Dude said he was going to set up a repository of models he ripped or something like two threads back.
>>
>>51422072
I've got it set up, and models are ready, but... well, textures have become an issue. I can't seem to get them to work. I'm thinking of just posting the models and a texture dump and leaving you guys to it.
>>
midnight bump before going to bed
>>
>>51422788
>I can't seem to get them to work.
In what way?
Is it a mapping issue?
>>
File: Giant Space Hippies.jpg (96KB, 321x479px) Image search: [Google]
Giant Space Hippies.jpg
96KB, 321x479px
The-thread-is-on-page-8-and-I-am-going-to-bed-bump
>>
>>51425800
Yeah. They won't show up in BB3D.
>>
>>51422788
>>51427703
You could mail bb3d devs
But I don't think that is a big issue, I bet most people would had done like if they were real minis and paint their own textures on them.
>>
File: 1480530629701.gif (3MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480530629701.gif
3MB, 480x480px
>>
What would be good systems / websites to facilitate a play by post game?
>>
>>51430540
Slack is probably the best. It does dice-rolling, it's free, it's available on mobile, and it's extendable through a ton of apps. You can also archive threads and create new ones to facilitate more organized play It's basically Discord, but without the need to mess around with bots.
>>
>>51427936
I'll try it out.
>>
Here's about what I imagine our setting to be, with more wasteland and less overgrown cities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doteMqP6eSc
>>
>>51431940
Posting more stuff, because there's plenty out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDHDlkH_Q4o&t=42s
>>
>>51432043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvHLU7MXM4
>>
>>51432080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chmeN71-UZw
>>
>>51432156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwTHTls0MU
>>
Ein last
>>
>>51421451
I think if we're going to have it be something we really explore, there'd be a smattering of out of the way dojos hidden for people to seek out, and a small number of ronin-type masters wandering around and occasionally settling in some place and teaching a few people.

Alternatively we could sort of just have martial arts be a thing, which some player characters and notable NPCs know with no *real* justifications.
>>
>>51434655
>>51421451
In the context of the faction list, the first option would basically just be "Martial Artists" as a minor faction.
>>
page 10 bump.
>>
>>51434679
>>51434655
That sounds good. Maybe some of the marauders and settlements have Martial masters, but there's no major faction set up that exists solely because their 10 foot tall leader rules over them with an iron fist.
>>
File: IMG_8213.jpg (534KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8213.jpg
534KB, 1600x1066px
>>51434655
Even the killer hippies have martial arts.
I can dig it.
>>
>>51441230
Oh man, they'd totally try to capture skilled or strong people and turn them into Lily Eaters.
>>
>>51441230
Is that Slavoj Zizek?
>>
>>51443879
Not him, but I'd like to think so.
>>
File: 1485603989072.jpg (2MB, 1920x4086px) Image search: [Google]
1485603989072.jpg
2MB, 1920x4086px
So anyone have any requests for what alien race(s) would be on Babylon?

I like the idea that molemen would be to the point where nobody's sure if they're aliens, entirely new, or if they were humans at some point.
>>
>>51444938
>Clearly the biggest enemy of the martial artist is the symbolic castration *sniff* and I will like us to recall on the wave of Bruce Lee imitators that we had on the 70's, the death of Bruce Lee was a symbolic castration for kung fu cine and all those Bruce imitators were dildos
>>
File: Yes YES YESSSSS.jpg (88KB, 912x317px) Image search: [Google]
Yes YES YESSSSS.jpg
88KB, 912x317px
>>51445520
>all those Bruce imitators were dildos
>>
Muy first bump from a phone
>>
>>51443879
>>51444938
>Is that Slavoj Zizek?
Sorry, no.
Also, who?
>>
>>51450362
a communist pop philosopher
>>
File: 1358043505495.jpg (53KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1358043505495.jpg
53KB, 460x276px
>>51450362
>the question should not be who is Slavoj but who is the slav boy *tugs shirt* and the slav boy is just a manifestation of the big other *sniff*
>>
>>51322340
https://www.dubtrack.fm/

Consider this?

Not actually sure if it plays MP3s, honestly.
>>
What kind of religions exist in our setting? I think one of the major factions should be priests, clerics, and crusaders in this setting, united under one ideal. Imagine our Crusader "Praise the Sun!" Bro, except in badass desert garb, and dispensing justice with rifle, fist, and sword.
>>
>>51450408
>>51450526
The man is Chaotic Evil made manifest
>Prague Spring of '68
>"I was sitting in a restaurant that stayed open despite the crisis, eating strawberry cakes and watching Russian tanks run into demonstrators. It was perfect."
>>
>>51452967
Ok, so the question is why isn't he a major player in our setting already?
>>
>>51453359
Plain and simple - he's lazy as fuck. He was teaching a philosophy class in... I think Bucharest - it's customary that each student does a polemic on some trending topic and grade of the polemic contributed to the overall grade of the class. Standard college stuff.

Zizek went "can't be arsed reading your inferior ideas and views - if you submit empty paper, I will give you A". And so they did, whole class. Faculty approved it because "It's Zizek, he surely meant something deep with this."
>>
>>51452967
>The man is Chaotic Evil made manifest
>>51453598
>Plain and simple - he's lazy as fuck
>>51453359
>Ok, so the question is why isn't he a major player in our setting already?
Can we fluff a CE lazy douchenozzle into a believable "Major Player"?
>>
>>51455640
>Can we fluff a CE lazy douchenozzle into a believable "Major Player"
Yes, but it's not his "fault", there's just a group of people who think he's REALLY DEEP and attribute things to him that he never did or said, and make it a basis for excusing their behavior. He didn't directly contribute to this, there's just a bunch of fedora tippers doing things "in his name".

Does that make sense?
>>
File: 1454153370971.png (18KB, 274x252px) Image search: [Google]
1454153370971.png
18KB, 274x252px
I feel so blueballed with you guys talking about a setting while I don't even have the experience to start desinging a game.
>>
>>51458737
Well friend, what is it you want to do? We're here to help.
>>
>>51458737

Then gain some experience.

The first part of the design process is clearly defining the problem you want solved.

So what experience DO you have, what is your problem with existing games, and what do you want to set as achievable goals?
>>
>>51455640
The leader of the MegaCity tower block faction (>>51365962) would sort of work for that. A bit Orwellian, enjoys the lofty power, but comfortable enough and not ambitious enough past that to personally be at the root of any big problems or malfeasance outside of his bubble--but there's a personality cult around him that he takes advantage of and tacitly encourages, which also happens to make up most of the scavenger teams exploring the dead city and occasionally dealing with wastelanders.
So, everybody thinks the city's one big crazy-ass cult.

Also: We need a name for the tower block. I considered Babel, but if we're calling the planet Babylon that's way too on the nose.

>>51458737
It's all about baby steps. Any time a question or blank space seems too intimidating, smash that shit down into fun-size pieces that are a lot easier to work out. Start with simple questions, let those inform other questions, and before you know it you have the backbone of what you want and have an understanding of why you want it to be that.
>>
>>51459308
I like the idea of a city named Stature.
>>
>>51458857
>>51459004
>>51459308
To design games I need experience playing other games, because I live so isolated I play online but wargamers always come up with excuses on why they don't want to play online.
>>
>>51460529

Have you considered solo play? It's a sizable niche in wargaming, with lots of folks playing against themselves (which helps you analyze your strategy and become a better player), and there's also a lot of wargames which support single player modes. Two Hour Wargames's releases are excellent have both solo and co-op play. PDF related.
>>
File: Babylon.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Babylon.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here's progress so far of what's in the google doc.

- I should add a Faction List section based on >>51418270, plus stuff about the Lormites.
- I need to add the actual text re: the Lily Eaters
- Taking suggestions for a location name for them
- Taking suggestions for where the Lormites would be based
- We still need a concept for an alien race
- We still need to flush out a mutation table (we have a start here: >>51415694)
>>
>>51460529

Sounds like you should design an attractive wargame designed for online play primarily.

So let's talk about that:

What draws people into wargames?
Who wants to play wargames, and why do they prefer the physical experience?
How do you get online gamers to prefer an online wargame to other types of games?
What kinds of things can keep the format shaking up, and encourage people to adopt your game and spread it by word of mouth?
>>
So do we have a Slack or Discord channel?
>>
>>51462098
That kills discussion. We've kept it to a minimum to prevent drama, but we'll probably need one once we have a setting ready and start forming a group.
>>
>>51460610
I tought about that but I never found a sytem on how to do it, its not fun when you know every move

>>51461791
>Sounds like you should design an attractive wargame designed for online play primarily.
I can get behind this

>What draws people into wargames?
Copetition, socialization, strategy, lore. Just like the MtG player types

>Who wants to play wargames, and why do they prefer the physical experience?
Nerds play them, based on what was mentioned above the minis is what ties them to go irl

>How do you get online gamers to prefer an online wargame to other types of games?
Its free! You don't have to drive a hour, play a hour and then drive another hour back gome: economize your time.

>What kinds of things can keep the format shaking up, and encourage people to adopt your game and spread it by word of mouth?
The first thing depends on the game, dunno about the second.
>>
>>51461413
If we're feeling particularly poetic/lazy, the land of the Lily Eaters could be called Meninx, the original name of the suspected location of Homer's lotus-eaters.
>>
File: How to Play THW.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
How to Play THW.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51462617
>I tought about that but I never found a sytem on how to do it, its not fun when you know every move

Again, check out Two Hour Wargames. Their stuff is made to be played against their AI rules.
>>
>>51461413
Lormites shoulkd be spread around. everyone needs a doctor. They have facilities all around, but they're probably based in some place dank, creepy, and gothic. Ftuff like the Ruins of Notre Dame and the Catacombs.
>>
>>51465002
That's a good idea. Maybe the HQ's carved into a mountain or cliff or the like? Dark, eerie, echoey, sometimes cramped, sometimes claustrophobic. Plus they could farm molds and fungi for medicines in chambers below the surface fed by corpses they dissected for study
>>
>>51463081
Okay, i will check that out and see what can i get out of it
>>
>>51465260
Do it.

Ok, so, is this a purely Human vs. Human(Sentient vs. Sentient) setting, or are we going to toss in a few Fallout Mutated abominations as natural hazards of the environment?
>>
>>51465379
Always remember Battlbox3d is a nice option for 3d tabeltop.
>>
>>51466497

Well, it will be, once you don't have to dig all over the net for 3d models to use with it before you can start doing anything.
>>
>>51466848
They're opening up a shop, and I do need to spend a day just downloading an uploading models.

Speaking of which, here's all the models for Fading Embers. I can't make a thread for it anytime soon, but if someone else could, that'd be appreciated:

https://mega.nz/#F!LgkTkBpA!ELiC1czK7uEpeTPCZnzslg
>>
>>51466848
>>51466913
Where is the anon who was ripping models from tts?
>>
>>51466933
That'd be me.
>>
>>51465406
I say sapients only, with mindless carnivorous mutants. You've always got to have a foe no one feels bad about killing, but is resilient nonetheless.
>>
>>51322245
>test build

Where would that be?
>>
>>51468404
Plus maybe the occasional rebuilt warbot, if a party's going up against Stature or that Militant Survival Group that we have to expound on
>>
File: Warbot.jpg (14KB, 650x249px) Image search: [Google]
Warbot.jpg
14KB, 650x249px
>>51469579
>Plus maybe the occasional rebuilt warbot,
Warbots are always cool
>>
>>51471594
Ok, Warbots are go. But do we also include the existence of Power Armour?
>>
>>51463081
What AI rules?
>>
>>51473246
I say power armor exists, but it's probably extremely rare and highly valued. I'm almost thinking that it's got the rarity of Shardplate in the Stormlight archives, where even having it makes you close to royalty.
>>
>>51474906

Huh.
Two Hour Wargames' Chain Reaction engine includes rules for how enemies appear from the fog of war, how they behave and react to your moves, and so forth.
However, the How to Play PDF, free on their website and posted right there, doesn't seem to have 'em all. "How the Enemy Moves" is listed in the table of contents, but it's not in there. There's only a partial set of rules concerning PEFs, and none of the tables and things. Weird, I guess somebody (namely Ed) fucked up.

Here, just have a Mega link with a bunch of their stuff.
https://mega.nz/#F!9R8G2aQb!g-dZXkyCmkrljzH60tZEhQ
>>
>>51475896
Propaganda depictions of the Chief Overseer show him in a glittering suit of power armour: rumours say it's the most pristine, complete set ever found.
In reality, he has no such thing and has his men constantly search the Run-Around in the desperate hope of finding a set in case he's ever expected to make an appearance in it.
>>
File: Class_MAX_VS.png (768KB, 636x1243px) Image search: [Google]
Class_MAX_VS.png
768KB, 636x1243px
>>51476032
He doesn't even really want it, but it became a popular picture on their intranet so he feels like he HAS to have one.

>>51475896
>>51473246
So, because they have to be pressurized and are generally very cumbersome anyway, space suits are a real big pain in the ass to move around in. It's heavy and resists your movements a lot.
I'm thinking recovered power armor would be an 'old' military-issue space suit with an small powered exoskeleton, and light anti-flak/anti-debris armor.

And then there might be usable alien power armor which is way more rare, or less rarely the junkers slapping big steel plates on the frame of a power loader.
>>
>>51476330
Yeah. We're talking about a setting where if someone has something like a single speed tank they're pretty high up on the food chain. Power Armor should be equated with having the power of at least two to four tanks.
>>
>>51476520
>Power Armor should be equated with having the power of at least two to four tanks.
Well, I don't know about that. Just because it's very hard to be killed when you're in it doesn't mean you can necessarily throw out a ton of death and destruction that a souped up technical truck can't. The military space suit would be more a show of power and resources and the armored loader would be more like a deployable pillbox. There's definitely a benefit to being able to lug around normally emplaced things, but they're still not so much better as to automatically trounce anything you throw at them.
An enemy in one of those would be a challenge for a party, but not insurmountable.

Except for an alien suit. Those should definitely be "ah, fuck" powerful and finding one would basically like digging up a fully-functional, futuristic main battle tank.
>>
>>51477378
I'll take a look. Alien Tech is probably going to be built out of features from the Super Powers supplement, while normal stuff is from the Sci-Fi supplement.
>>
>>51477378
>>51476520
>>51476330
>>51476032
>>51475896
>I say power armor exists, but it's probably extremely rare and highly valued.
Loving all of this.
>>
>>51450909
Ok, so I'm liking the idea of these guys running around in the lowest form of power armour (basically scrap-metal medieval armor with gadgets stuck on) and they've got an Adeptus Mechanus worship thing going on. "Tech is Life, and one day a giant ship shall come to save us all."
>>
>>51480053
Sometimes one will pay or convince Lormites to experimentally implant tech into them to make up for a disability, so there are a some gnarly cyborgs with cobbled-together limbs that usually do what they tell them to.
One of their religious leaders has a functional robot eye, while the other is virtually blind from glaucoma.

He sermonizes about it. "When the gods tested me, and began to take my sight, I knew the path ahead of me. I trusted their wisdom, and behold," he shouts, his red eye blazing in its anodized socket, "I reap their gifts!"
>>
>>51482112 suggested having everyone be soaking in nanomachines without really being aware of it to explain how people are still surviving. Opinions?
>>
>>51483023
I like the suggestion for Babylon to be in the same universe. If we could snag someone to run it to be part of the living campaign thing that'd be great.

I'd rather not bring in some Ex Machina like that though. The fun part about this setting is that survival is difficult, which can go multiple ways in terms of which system you use, whether it's hardcore GURPS apocalypse game, the more cinematic Savage Worlds, apocalypse world, Dark Heresy, or even FFG Star Wars.( I've been working out possible systems.
>>
>>51483183
>>51481471
Ooh!

"MACHINA VULT!!!"
>>
>>51483527
Ha, yes!
>>
Alright... Here's my idea for a major faction, don't know if it'll be viable though:

World War 2 Dogfight pilots. They've taken rockets from spaceships and built ramshackle aircraft. They're incredibly unsafe, but they get you airborne and provide a distinct combat advantage with aerial machine guns, turrets, bombs, etc. Used in raids against the vehicle raids.

The question is whether this is too powerful a tool to exist. I mean a plane cuts travel distance and cuts out a lot of hazards of traveling the wastes. they'd have to be just impractical enough for them to not dominate the other factions.

On the other hand, Post-Apocalyptic Top Gun in a Mad Max setting. Honestly at this point I think we're just seeing how much awesome we can fit cohesively in one setting.
>>
Bump. Incoming with a setting intro I'm writing up.
>>
>>51486741
Turns out I won't be able to do it until tomorrow. Sorry.
>>
We're a slow thread so when we hit bump limit(310 posts) we should be good to post a new thread when this one hits page 5. Someone else has got to do it though... remember to use the pdf:>>51302451 as the OP, and include a nice intro that gets people in here. That's the first thing people see of our thread, might as well give them a good impression, careful spelling, grammar, inclusive for all board users, etc.

If I sound a little anal about this it's because I believe we need at least one regular thread on here that has a good rep, so we might as well be it. It's sort of our mission statement.
>>
Are we autosaging?
>>
>>51494452
>Are we autosaging
Not yet, I don't think.
We should hold off until after 310 posts and when we drop past page 5.
Having multiple threads up is annoying, see the recent drawthreads.
When we do make a new OP, my suggestion would be phrase it something like:

Friendly Virtual Gaming Thread - /fvgt/
Welcome to the Friendly Virtual Gaming Thread. Here we aim to be the FLGS of /tg/, finding free resources to make it easy for /tg/ users to jump right into traditional gaming, and
forming a small community around that.
Its chiefly for people who play online instead of in person, to talk about the specifics of online ttrpg.
We also try to get various amounts of shit done, whether it's writing, homebrew, art, or whatever else deemed worthy of /tg/. Have a project? Come and pitch it to us. Don't have one? Come and shoot the shit with us anyway.

1. Check the PDF for the game
2. Post a request for a game, using the suggested resource, either here or in the Game Finder Thread
3. If there's a particular game you're looking for that we don't have a resource as of yet, let us know and we can work to expand our list.
4. Finally, hang around and chat. There's always some crazy project someone is Working on.

>Recent Projects
-BattleBox3D resources
-Various amounts of Art and Writing
-Fading Embers
-New Post-Apocalyptic Setting:
Last thread >>51292942 several were developing a setting, see next post for details and pdf

[And then, obviously, the second post would include a summary and the pdf here >>51461413 unless someone makes a more complete one. I would summarize the setting, but I'm on my phone and so scrolling up and down and compositing things is a colossal pain in the ass.]
>>
>>51495023
Don't forget the part where the new setting is part of a Living Campaign project, where we attempt to get a couple of GM's to collaborate on running multiple systems within the same multiverse.
>>
>>51495063
Yeah, sorry.
I knew I was missing important bits of the idea, but scanning the thread with my phone is a pain.
>>
>>51485682
...Danger Zone.
>>
309 bump.
>>
>>
>>51501004
You jerk
>>
>>51501678
The irony is that I think yours was the actual 310
>>
>>51501718
Technically mine was, including the OP. I use an app that counts the OP as the first post.
>>
Somebody get a new thread started tomorrow. first thing in the morning. I'll try if it's not already up. We usually have our best momentum in the mornings in Burgerland, then a steady stream throughout the day.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.