[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1292: Shonen Jumper Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 514
Thread images: 67

File: Jumpchain CYOA.jpg (5KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA.jpg
5KB, 222x250px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>51246624
>>
File: excited happy yes nanalan mona.jpg (29KB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
excited happy yes nanalan mona.jpg
29KB, 446x324px
as a wise anon once put it: Any jump can be a shounen jump if you try hard enough
>>
>>51253502
Nanalan is my favorite anime.
>>
Jump #246: Ouran High School Host Club
>King of Wands: A dashing and magnetic personality, carrying authority naturally, and striking at the world with swiftness and grace.
>Age: 8
>Location: Ouran High School?
>Drawbacks: White Lily (+300)
Why do the girls keep stealing me. HALP.
>Accounting (1200)
Is it because they are terrible at balancing their books?!
>Cosplay (1000)
Is it my fancy outfits?!
>Impeccable Crossdresser (800)
Or is it because they LITERALLY CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE?
>Tellspotter (600)
Oh well, at least I've learned a few handy things from the girls since they're stealing me regularly. (Usually on Tuesdays. Why is it always Tuesdays?)
>Princely Bearing (400)
Maybe this is the other reason that they keep swiping me. ...wait, does this mean they think I'm a pretty, pretty princess?
>Little Devil (200)
At least that means I can get away with more!
>Instant Coffee (100)
I have to wake up in the morning somehow. Eh? No, an eight year old drinking coffee is perfectly normal...
>Instant Ramen (0)
The food of the gods. I blame a certain blond-haired loudmouth for getting me hooked on this stuff. I guarantee this thirty-year supply will be gone in much less than that.

Ten years of being in a romantic comedy. And being kidnapped by the girls' academy. I'm sure that initially it's pretty rare, but once I get older, it becomes much more frequent. Instead of once or twice a year, it's once every few weeks, or at least it seems that way.

I mean, honestly, the rest of my time? I'm just going to run around and have fun. I'm not going to get involved in the inevitable love triangles/trapezoids/whatever polygons they want to make, I'm just going to have a ball. Though I'm putting that cosplay wardrobe in the warehouse so that I can abuse certain perks and change my outfit whenever someone looks away.

Because it's fun.

Though the later in my stay, the more I start wondering if there are ulterior motives behind all these 'kidnapping' attempts...
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>51253502
And if that's true, it logically follows that any shounen jump can be another genre if you don't try hard enough!
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>51253646
Wouldn't you need some way of making others not try hard as well though?
>>
>>51253646
I'm afraid it doesn't logically follow.

(1) (Try Hard) => (Shonen Setting)
(2) ~(Try Hard) => ~(Shonen Setting)

Going from 1 to 2 is a logical fallacy called denying the antecedent. It doesn't logically follow.
>>
>>51253502
I look forward to your thrilling interpretation of Lovecraft: The Shonen-ing.
>>
>>51253771
That's easy, you just kill cthulhu with the awesome might of willpower and friendship and huge screams and then cthulhu goes "MA-MASAKA" while the screen grows gradually white as he witnesses the awesome might of shounen jumper in his last moments

I'm half-asleep sorry
>>
Jump #247: Predator
>The High Priestess, reversed: The forces of nature unleashed.
Did someone say xenos? 'Cause I thought I heard someone say PURGE IT WITH FIRE.
>Age: 30
>Location: New York City, 1995
It's not quite the jungle, but it's still early enough in the game that I can deal with the xenos' bullshit and stop them before they get very far, every time. I'm not going to trade off any of my power for scenarios though - I'll happily crush them on whatever terms I see fit.
>Identity: Survivor
You were expecting maybe a buddy cop movie? Nah, not this time around.
>Defy Analysis (600)
What's that you say? Anything I leave behind, from material to DNA, defies analysis? ALL OF MY YES.
>Master of the Hunt (200)
To hunt a hunter, you must know how the hunter thinks.
>Resized Yaut'ja Armor (100)
Paid the 100cp surcharge so I can get a handheld cloaking device. I could Disillusion myself, but honestly, playing by the locals' rules is half the fun.
>Ancient Weapon: Silicon Staff (0)
It's a melee weapon. It works. Right? It's not like I'm enhancing any of its esoteric powers, I'm just making sure that if I face off against a yaut'ja with it, it'll be able to hold its own instead of being sliced in half by one of their frisbees.

New York City, 1995. A number of Hunters should have had a hell of a time. And yet, that never actually ended up happening - it's as though they got startled away every time they started to go after a target. And then the NYPD found a number of bodies that were burnt to a crisp... distinctly inhuman bodies. While the bodies had strange alloys in what little armor they wore, there was no salvagable technology to be had. The US government covers it all up very effectively while forwarding the surviving material for research.
>>
>>51253860
Siberia, 1996. An alien ship crash-landed. Sadly, by the time anyone investigated, the ship had been destroyed and reduced to slag by means unknown - nothing was salvagable aside from, perhaps, the metals and a few things that could be called trophies. The bodies were even less intact than the ones in New York.

Los Angeles, 1997. A bunch of Columbians got shot in the face, which confuses the hell out of a detective who had just been in a gun battle with them about thirty minutes prior. A crispy yaut'ja was delivered to the Other Worlds Lifeforms Taskforce with intact armor (but stripped of weapons) with a half-melted knife embedded in its forehead, which confuses the hell out of Gary Busey and makes him even more paranoid.

A UFO is seen shortly afterward at low altitude over Los Angeles before it streaks into the stratosphere. Its occupants carry a warning: "If your species comes to Earth to hunt again, your species will be exterminated in totality. You are not hunters. You are insects."

Antarctica, 2004: A UFO is spotted via satellites that don't officially exist. It is, shortly thereafter, speared by what looks like a lightning bolt that stretches from the moon to Earth.

Yaut'ja homeworld, three days later: an asteroid flies into the planet at a double-digit percentage of the speed of light. Over the course of the next three months, in a series of attacks that should have been impossible to coordinate, nine out of every ten yaut'ja who were offworld were annihilated. The xenomorphs' extinction followed, including the eggs on an uninhabitable world that the Nostromo would find later.

Because seriously, fuck those guys, the horse they rode in on, and the fleas that infest it.
>>
File: greylantern.png (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
greylantern.png
49KB, 500x375px
>>51253007
Pretty much the the latter, but also jumper-me is so lazy it's almost a super power, so Git Gud / Training Montage perks don't do much for him.
>>
>>51252846
You sound like Achilles, from Grrl Power.
His only power is being indestructible.
http://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/1060
http://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/1303
http://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/1358

He gets thrown around a lot, but sometimes he can freak out the enemy by blocking attacks in ways no sane person would.
>>
>>51253886
The blocks swords with his eye guy? I want that power.
>>
>>51253923
You realize that in all actuality that sword should have slid under his eyelid and gotten stuck in a really unpleasant, if utterly non-harming-to-him-aside-from-the-squick way, right?

...fuck, now I want that power too.
>>
>>51253942
Unfortunately it was claimed by someone who has left us for real world issues, perhaps the escapism will reclaim the soul it has been denied he will return to us one day?
>>
>>51253923
>>51253942
If he had anything else, he'd be completely bullshit.
Apparently he's literally indestructible.
Here's part of his description on the characters page:
>Achilles can't be poisoned, suffocated, starved, irradiated, crushed, cut, pierced, burned, frozen or injured by any method yet discovered.
It may or may not have the downside of essentially freezing him in time, mentally and physically.
>Achilles doesn't know exactly how or when he got his powers (thought it would be patently obvious to anyone who was with him at the time).

Judging from his taste in music and clothes (his invincible hairstyle notwithstanding) Achilles seems to be stuck in the 80's to some degree. Whether this is a side effect of his powers and when he got them, or if he's just nostalgic and totally into glam rock is not known.

It's like he used that one perk-item combo involving SAO to make himself into an Immortal Object.

>>51253958
I miss somefaggit. He was cool. And he was trying so hard to keep up with the crazy fast world-building in Grrl Power too.
The world-building is the only thing fast about Grrl Power, fuck. It's been 3 days over 6 years.
>>
>>51253923
>>51253942
Pick up K&K and EX God Hand in Fate? Something would need to be 50 times stronger than Excalibur before it could even get past your auto nope.
>>
>>51254050
I don't believe you know how either of those work.
>>
File: el oh el.jpg (57KB, 480x495px) Image search: [Google]
el oh el.jpg
57KB, 480x495px
Jump #248: Rust
>The Empress: Initiative and practical actions that promote prosperity, comfort and luxury.
...how am I even supposed to pull that off in THIS jump?
>Location: The Plains, Hapis Island
>Identity: Naked
>Drawbacks: Civil War (0), Fresh Spawn (+300)
No warehouse access? No problem. I'll get right on the gaming, as soon as I achieve pants. --wait, shit, this means I have to pause on reconstructing Sajuuk. Argh! I always get sidetracked from that.
>Where Did It Go? (1200)
Raw materials can be replaced by the finished product without any intermediate steps in assembly? Well, that will certainly make it easier to get situated and make simple items when I wish, won't it?
>Tread Lightly (1100)
And carry a sharp stick. But no, walking around with complete silence is a very handy thing here.
>Dig In Your Heels (900)
Designing bases to repel attacks is the name of the game here.
>A Bad Dream (500, Naked)
Gotta get those extra lives, no matter how rare it is that I need them.
>Wall Hacks (0)
Complete awareness of all people within a two mile radius of me? This will compliment my other precog/clairvoyance perks perfectly...

So I'm on a beach full of rock-wielding naked cannibals. Isn't that nice?

Oh look I didn't take the drawback where if I use otherworldly powers I get the banhammer, this means I can happily walk away (at mach 25) and leave them behind me, very confused and hungry for the taste of delicious human flesh that they'll never get to enjoy from me.
>>
File: voldetrump.png (258KB, 564x362px) Image search: [Google]
voldetrump.png
258KB, 564x362px
>>51254125
So, a civil war has erupted on Hapis Island. One side looks like thugs with decent body armor, hoodies and bandanas, and seems based out of the mountains and the colder parts of the island, and the other side looks like they wouldn't be out of place in the Fallout wasteland with their improvised road sign armor and light apparel, covering the western desert and the southwestern part of the island. Meanwhile there are others in the southeastern part of the island that seem to just want to be left alone.

Well, there's only one thing to do: set up shop on the river that marks the line that the two factions' influence extends toward, build a massive trading camp, and profit off of everyone's suffering.

And man everything with clones, so that when they inevitably get shot in the face, the rest of them (of me?) is left to retaliate and render the offenders quite dead. Being able to detect everything within two miles means that raids are effectively impossible, because when large groups pop up, I can have my clones man the sniper rifles and rockets - when the stupidity starts, a number of well-placed bullets will deal with that problem quite handily. And I have QUITE the number of clone perks now. I could populate a small town without much concern, even if most of those clones are just peak-human and otherwise unpowered.

You may wonder of course why I've set up a trading outpost. Especially one with a courtyard, several separate stalls for purchases, and an overall appearance of a stone fortress. And well, that's very simple. The noncombatants have to be protected from the war, there's only one real solution to that.

I'm going to build a wall.

And I'm going to make the raiders pay for it.
>>
>>51254107
K&K reduces the power of any attack to 10% of it's normal power. EX God Hand nulls any attack lower than EX and weaken those that are EX or above.
This means that the armor (K&K) will reduce damage you take to 10% and that 10% will go through to hit your body (EX God Hand). Unless that 10% is enough to equal an EX rank attack it will be nullified by EX God hand.

If EX = 500 and A++ = 150 it will take 33.3333etc. times the power of Excalibur to get through K&K with enough power to hurt someone with EX God Hand.
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>51253715
Curses! How do people keep track of all these logical fallacies anyway, on a good day I can rattle off reducto ad absurdum and ad hominem off the top of my head?

>>51253710
Ironically, one of the Kamen Rider jumps is perfect for that.

>>51254125
>initiative and practical actions that promote prosperity, comfort and luxury on a cannibal island

Wean everyone off onto lamb? Humans are actually awful in nutritional value.

Incidentally, after updating my build in accordance to the servant supplement update I now find myself in possesion of an Anti-Self/Anti-Thaumaturgy EX NP since I can't afford EX-level Territory Creation AND Item Creation/HSDW anymore.

I think I'll have it be my magic circuits.

Question is, what could they even do at that rank?
>>
>>51254187
Considering I'm not restricted in what I can do, I can use certain powers to produce food. Like, actual food.

I figure a lot of people will be trading raw resources for steak dinner with mashed potatoes and broccoli, or even just ramen. Let alone the fun that I'll be having when people start buying spirits to drink (from Bastion).
>>
>>51254187
Because this logical fallacy was relatively easy to pick apart.

On the other hand, most of the times you sprout some hy^per-complicated combo you become an embodiement of Jumpchain's corrolary to Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced Jumper is indistinguishable from complete bullshit".
>>
Are there any perks other than the Alexandria Package that prevents others from affecting my insides?
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>51254228
...y'know, I have to wonder if Clarke ever read an actual story about magic before he came up with the 3rd law. It's always funny to me to think of it when I read something like the original Books of Magic miniseries. Or heck, even the Chronicles of Narnia.

>>51254215
Oranges, too. Scurvy's the real killer for a populace exposed to the elements.

I still have to wonder just what gets put in a drink to make it magnetise Shard fragments faster.
>>
>>51254296
None as comprehensively, afaik.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance has Ribbon Bearer, which gives you immunity to several status effects and a general resistance to all others, which might give you time to get out of dodge / apply a counter.

Van Helsing has He Who Fights Monsters, which prevents people from forcing transformations or conversions upon your body (and with training, also protects your mind).
>>
So besides Rewind from Madoka (Wraith Timeline) does anyone know any "save point" style perks or gear? Like if I screw up superbad and need to rewind time back to a certain spot?
>>
File: The Magnus.png (401KB, 389x948px) Image search: [Google]
The Magnus.png
401KB, 389x948px
>>51252180
>can you use Predestined Delivery Shaping to mail someone a bomb
Of course.

The trick is then getting it to explode just when it arrives. But I'm sure that can be done easily enough.
>>
Jump #249: Redline
>The Hanged Man: Pausing to reflect. Surrendering to an experience.
And man, if running the Redline isn't an experience, I don't know what is.
>Age: 22
>Identity: Mechanic (-100)
As if I'd trust anyone else to lay a hand on my car.
>Drawbacks: Sweet (+100), At The Speed Of Plot (+300)
If I were to use weapons, that would just be cheating. And come on... looking at everything, the more epic things are, the better the experience. I can't just reduce this to a mundane RACE. This is the Redline, baby.
>Helpful Radio Announcer (1200)
I can't wait until I get to Worm, tune the radio to a channel that should be static, and hear a nonexistent announcer tell me of the nonsense that is the local gang scene. But until then, it doesn't hurt to have an announcer to listen to for the local racing events!
>Driving (1100)
Driving here... it's on a different scale than it is in most places. Most places, you wouldn't be expected to maintain 300 miles per hour as a cruising speed.
>Basic Maintenance (Free, Mechanic)
Again, as if I'd trust the care of my car to anyone else. People are ruthless when it comes to racing around here.
>Wind Resistance (1000)
The perfect perk to help anyone who's gotta go fast. And boy, have I got to go fast.
>The Finder (900, Mechanic)
Always helps to be able to find that last elusive part I've been wanting to track down for who-knows-how-long.
>Engine-uity (600, Mechanic)
Ah, now here's the perk I've been looking for to unite the three cores of Sajuuk. But we'll discuss the wisdom of putting nitro gold into a starship later...
>Nitro Gold (400)
I'll have to go easy on these. Don't want to go crazy on the speed when I don't need to.
>Platinum Nitro Charge (100)
This, on the other hand... this gets saved for when it's needed. Sure, it replaces itself weekly, but if I just use it whenever I feel like it, what good will it do?
>Vehicle Import: Modified Highwayman (0)
It's a sturdy car, oh yes. Nothing can stop a Highwayman.
>>
>>51254615
>Wheels [Free]
Of COURSE it's got wheels. What proper car wouldn't?
>Hover-Jets [100/400]
Fortunately I get 400 points toward my sweet ride. And that's a necessity. Not to mention you never know when you might blow a tire and have to rely on the backups. Or perhaps the tires should be a backup? Should I just have interchangeable modes?
>TRZ-Airmaster [300/400]
Now this is the sort of engine that I can respect. Especially in a car like this. It feels almost like it was made for the Highwayman.
>Secondary Cockpit (Upgraded) [Free, Mechanic]
Never hurts to rework the interior of the Highwayman. Though I suspect it just means that if the going gets messy, I can grab a new set of controls from the dash or something, or that I can jettison half the interior safely and reduce it to just the front seat.
>Modular Vehicle [Free, Mechanic]
The Redline is always a messy race. You never know how much of the car you might lose. Best to be prepared for every eventuality.
>Grappling Cannon [400/400]
Well, it's not a weapon per se, at least as long as I don't use it that way.
>>
>>51254626
There's not a great deal of detail that I can really give for this jump, honestly. My companions and I ran around and didn't take most things too seriously, with of course the exception of the races because they were on a scale that we've never seen so far. And it helps that I had them on the sidelines rooting for me at every race.

I won some, I lost some, but I secured a place in the Redline five years after I arrived. And to be honest... being in that race, it was simply EPIC. I don't think it's something I could do forever, but racing here was exhilarating in a way that I rarely find.

Even though I lost and a guy with a ridiculous pompadour won after his car basically disintegrated on the way to the finish line, I had a great time. Apparently, that guy and the girl who was riding with him had some kind of whirlwind romance and got married. I didn't follow it too much, though I wished them well and gave them a nice wedding present. That is, I gifted them a completely restored version of that car, without any bombs attached to it this time, and a steamlight hanging from the rearview mirror. Because I am a giant cheater and I got a hell of a kick out of the look on their faces, because it was the last thing anybody expected.

Sadly, he didn't show up at the next Redline, apparently he was busy raising a couple of kids with the cute mechanic girl that he married. Which is just as well - I don't think I would have won if he'd shown up again. It was nice to leave the jump with that notch in my belt, even if there was an angry giant cyborg chasing me until the jump ended at that point.
>>
File: S1e19_bill_knows_lots_of_things.gif (416KB, 180x169px) Image search: [Google]
S1e19_bill_knows_lots_of_things.gif
416KB, 180x169px
How does one get to learn LOTS OF THINGS?
>>
>>51254505
I'm... pretty sure... there's a 1-up perk that rewinds time a half hour if you die, once per jump? But you don't remember that half hour, just that you will have died.
>>
File: gilgamesh.jpg (71KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh.jpg
71KB, 480x270px
Is there any perk that prevents you from become Gilgamesh so you don't underestimate your enemies?
>>
>>51254643
Overlord has Bard, which when taken with Level 100 allows you to know most things about the setting including some forbidden/forgotten information within five or so years.
>>
File: real american.jpg (41KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
real american.jpg
41KB, 400x500px
>>51254643
Train.

Say your prayers.

Eat your vitamins.

Be true to yourself.

Be true to your country.

Be a REAL AMERICAN.

https://youtu.be/8xDqL4op54U
>>
>>51254690
Yeah, in the new Fate jump. It's the 200cp Servant perk.
>>
>>51254690
Overkill is the best kill, anon. Just go all out against every enemy.
>>
>>51254505
Learn your Time Magics.
>>
>>51254701

You forgot 'Fuck your DJ friend's wife'.
>>
>>51254701
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM5WqJp7tUQ

Why are Republicans so anime?
>>
>>51254776
Dude, what people do in private on their own time is their own business. Hulkamania can run wild on whoever the hell it wants in the bedroom, he sure didn't have a problem with it until years later, when he could get some money out of it. The DJ was there ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING.

>>51254701
Addendum: destroy yellow journalism rags, be hailed as a hero twice over.
>>
>>51254505
There's save state from pokemon
If you get the hyper zecter in Kabuto you can run through time (though if the universe doesn't have regular-ish time travel you can only go a maximum of one hour)
5th magic from Fate/ could also help
>>
>>51254807
>There's save state from pokemon
No there isn't. Nice try, though.
>>
>>51254814
The fuck? When was that taken out?
>>
>>51254841
An Anon managed to gain the name Rapestate through abusing the perk. People got tired of his posting.
>>
>>51254841
When an asshole decided to post in great detail his plans to use it to rape various people without any consequences.
>>
>>51254841
Years ago.
>>
>>51254841
Somewhere around early 2014. Where have you BEEN?
>>
>>51254856
>>51254858
>One anon's posting ruins everything
Well, that's stupid but I won't disagree with it since I never bought the perk.
Is pokemon still a "first jump only" jump or was that changed too?

>>51254868
Last time I posted here Dragon Ball wasn't anywhere near completion.
>>
>>51254882
It's traditional to do the Pokemon jump first but some don't. There's around 730 jumps now. How many when you were posting?
>>
>>51254882
>Last time I posted here Dragon Ball wasn't anywhere near completion
Holy shit. Seriously? Uh, you've missed a lot, man. We've got over 700 jumps now. Oh, and yeah, Pokemon is still a "first jump only" jump.
>>
>>51254882
>Is pokemon still a "first jump only" jump or was that changed too?
It is still first jump only but lots of people just ignore that at this point.

>Last time I posted here Dragon Ball wasn't anywhere near completion.
Seriously? Wow. Good to see an oldfag come back.
>>
>>51254643
>Clairvoyance EX (Fate)
>Inference Engine (Worm)
>Clarivoyance (Railgun)
>Xeno-Anthropoligist (Hive Queen Quest)
>Cultural References (Archer)
>Pop culture relevance (Green Lantern)
>>
>>51254896
>>51254897
>>51254898
I dunno, no more than 200. The last thing I remember reading were people talking about the Index and Railgun jumps and how the timeline would work. I think it was agreed that they would be separate universes. Though looking at newer jumps, if they were made now Index would have a 0cp drawback to add in your first 6 months from railgun.
>>
So did the maybe-shitposter scare off Echogirl? She was in the middle of posting a build last thread
>>
>>51254797
>The DJ was there ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING.
was he scoring it?
>>
>>51254950
Doubt it. Echo probably just left for a bit. She'll be back later.
>>
Are there any perks that grant wisdom?
>>
>>51254989
The Gamer lets you level up and put all your points into WIS. Though after a few levels you might recognize that it's a bad idea.
>>
>>51254950
>>51254970
People getting into pointless arguments≠shitposters.
There was no real flaming happening.
>>
>>51255012
I don't really care either way, I was just answering the anon's question about Echo.
>>
>>51254996
For some reason, this reminds me of that one strip where a guy doesn't study for a test because he borrowed his brother's cloak of wisdom. The test starts, he puts it on, and...
>I should have studied for the test.
>>
>>51254989
Forgotten Realms and Neverwinter Nights both have them.
>>
>>51255063
>>51254996
Thanks.
>>
>>51254970
Actually, I was asleep.

>>51254950
I finished my LotR build, anon. You probably missed it because of the arguing.

Also, why does everyone think I'm a girl?
>>
>>51255339
Coz you're a bitch.
>>
File: d6a.jpg (37KB, 600x395px) Image search: [Google]
d6a.jpg
37KB, 600x395px
>>51255339
Because your Jumper is a girl. Maybe you write in a feminine way?

>>51255344
pic related
>>
>>51255339
Because everyone wants to waifu you, silly!
>>
>>51255339
Some jumpers automatically assume anyone they talk to is female if there isn't anything that identifies them as male. Probably because of a waifu overdose.
>>
>>51255381
Anyone can be female if you believe hard enough.
>>
>>51255381
We do have a lot of waifu jumpmakers don't we?
>>
What's Jumps grant you custom loyal without draining your CP (unlike Worm)?

So far, I only have:

>Batman: Dark Knight Trilogy
>Overlord (The Series)
>Death Note
>>
>>51255381
Red is the only girl here. And she got banned.
Valeria is a crocodile
>>
>>51255404
Don't be crazy, we only have Worm and Val and Red and...and...

You know you might be onto something here.
>>
>>51255361
>Maybe you write in a feminine way?
Yes, because my posts full of curse words are very feminine. Actually, considering my mother, that isn't very far fetched.

>Because your jumper is a girl
Probably, and there is a reason I go with a female jumper a lot. I remember watching a very early LP Video a long time ago, and I remember hearing a quote that pretty much changed the way I play games.

"If I'm going to be staring at someone's ass this whole game, it might as well be a woman's."

I fell the concept applies to imaginary games.
>>
>>51255462
You're such a tsundere.
>>
>>51255462
>Yes, because my posts full of curse words are very feminine
You're being sarcastic, but most of the women in my family curse like sailors, except for my Grandma and my baby nieces.
>>
Does the Eldritch Suit from Creepypasta allow you to go out in public and interact with people despite the Monster drawback?
>>
File: milktoast400b.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
milktoast400b.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>51253327

what are the most milquetoast jumps /tg/?

personally I think

Pokemon
Sims3
Youtube
Hollywood

any others?

also where is my generic harem jump?
>>
>>51255532

Probably not, Drawbacks tend override other effects whether they come from perks, items or skills.
>>
>>51255462
>"If I'm going to be staring at someone's ass this whole game, it might as well be a woman's."
That's the same thing my brother says when people ask why he plays females in video games.
I've never seen him do a tabletop roleplay game to find out if he would do the same there, however.
>>
>>51255462
>i'm so fucking straight guys
Sure you are, you little cutie.
>>
Is it possible to take the cadet origin in NuTrek without being sent on the suicide mission to Vulcan? I want to take it early chain but it seems like this would result in either my death or a court martial for skipping out on the mission.
>>
>>51255685
Just go rogue. It's what the cool kids do.
>>
>>51255685
Break a leg, as they say.
>>
>>51255685
Get yourself court martialed for some other offence precluding you from joining in the mission.
>>
>>51255685
My method: You start when Jimbo joins Star Fleet - three years before Vulcan gets hit by Nero.
Use those three years to hunt down Nero, get your ship to eat his ship, party hard and graduate Star Fleet with honors, leaving a trail of fond memories behind you.
Incidentally, this derails the plot hardcore so if you give a shit about Kirk you'll need to nudge events in a manner that hardens him up somehow.

Substitute method: Take Cadet. Be Awesome. Get assigned to the Enterprise as one of the bridge crew extras. Don't get killed.
>>
>>51255532
Yes, but it doesn't completely negate the drawback; you're allowed to use disguises and the like with the Monster drawback, like it says in the text, but they'll eventually be seen through no matter how good they are.
>>
>>51255795
Early chain, this is only an issue because I want to do this early chain. And because my favorite ship from the jump is the Enterprise making me to take cadet for the discount.

If I was doing this later on I'd just smack Nero' ship into a black hole using my dick but taking on his monstrous ship isn't an option for me at this stage of my chain.
>>
>>51255811
hey YJ how is it going?
are you still working on the Batman TAS jump?
>>
>>51255792
Would being caught binge drinking on the day of the launch get me disciplined or kicked out?
>>
>>51255848
It's been going pretty good. Celebrated my birthday a few days ago, had cake for breakfast today. Haven't had a lot of time to watch Batman: The Animated Series unfortunately, so I've been getting the really obvious stuff (super powers, items, and companions mostly) out of the way first and doing a little work on Fables/The Wolf Among Us.
>>
>>51255915
Happy cake for breakfast day!
Also glad to hear it's still happening. I think KOTOR is doing Superman TAS? Are you going to link the two in any way?
>>
>>51255942
The Superman jump is a random anon I think, not KOTOR.
>>
What is the lewdest Jump?
>>
>>51255942
I'd like to, but I'm not sure if we will since they both take place at around the same time, and there's not really an elegant solution to that. I liked the idea about the timelines being mashed together, though.
>>
>>51255975
>inb4 "Any jump if you try hard enough"
>>
>>51255975
Corruption of Champions, go to QQ.
>>
File: I had a dream once.jpg (47KB, 569x640px) Image search: [Google]
I had a dream once.jpg
47KB, 569x640px
What's your excuse for not abusing your musical perks and burst into song at any given chance?

Are people annoyed by the fact that exposition is done through singing?
>>
File: JC6.jpg (78KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
78KB, 1328x585px
>>51256016
Ugh, you sound just like my second fetich. We've been over this: When I sing too loudly and beautifully, sometimes the atmosphere catches on fire. It's REALLY not good for the climate, and also birds. Planes, too.

Also no. Technically not. But rapturous wonder isn't really an improvement.

>>51255685
If NuTrek taught me anything, it's that getting court marshalled apparently improves the top brass' opinion of you in the long run anyway as long as you're still alive and the bad guys aren't
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 500x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 500x520px
So, which jumps would allow me to be the most majestic of creatures... The mantaur?
>>
>>51256098
But a mantaur means missing out on the best part of a centaur.
>>
>>51256098
Geneforge maybe? Worm with biomancy powers.
>>
>>51256098
terrain of magical excellence, X-Men cinematic,
>>
File: Garlock Awakens.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Awakens.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>51256098
Franken Fran.

Yep. This is most definitely a job for Franken Fran.
>>
What is Light of Terra? Is it a perk, a Jump?
I can't find it.
>>
>>51256159
Spaceship and a set of gauntlet style jumps.
>>
>>51256159
40k Spaceship and a CYOA that's called a jump for some reason.
Ignore my salt, I'm just not a fan of it.
>>
File: centaurtaur.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
centaurtaur.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>51256098
centaurtaur is better.
>>
>>51256179
>>51256194
Thanks.
>>
File: LeftoverSpecial.png (475KB, 849x827px) Image search: [Google]
LeftoverSpecial.png
475KB, 849x827px
>>51256098
Eclipse Phase provides for all of your medical abomination needs. If you really wanted, you could even add a head.
>>
>>51255981
Didn't Batman fuck Lois Lane during a crossover or something?
>>
>>51256475
Awkward.

Was this right before another Batman vs Superman arc?
>>
>>51256481
Sort of. They didn't actually fight IIRC but they were both wary of each other. Clark being super jealous didn't help.
>>
>>51256487
That is...remarkably restrained compared to what I've come to expect. Especially after a certain Injustice storyline I've had the pleasure of being introduced to.
>>
>>51253994
Only three days has passed in stuff years of publishing?
>>
File: bruce_catches_lois.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bruce_catches_lois.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>51256475
>>51256498
He actually did. Which is hilarious.
>>
I'm calling it now--if FE Mobile is jumpable, I'm going to make the jump for it.
>>
File: CpETFBaXEAAU7qR.jpg (74KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CpETFBaXEAAU7qR.jpg
74KB, 1200x675px
>>51256602
Man I loved DC Animated Universe. Bruce Timm's work is so great.

Who's gonna waifu Harley Quinn?
>>
>>51257325
>FE Mobile
I don't know whether to say 'Oh, shiny', or 'What do you think they're smoking?'.

Oh, and you were going to do Tellius next, right?
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>51257342
don't stick your Dick in crazy, you're smarter than this Manyfist.
>>
File: welcome to Timm's magical realm.jpg (13KB, 650x392px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to Timm's magical realm.jpg
13KB, 650x392px
>>51257342
>Bruce Timm's work was so great.
FTFY.
>>
>>51257350
Yeah! Depending on what happens I might do FE Mobile first simply because it's more accessible, but finishing the Sailor Moon remake jump is my first priority.
>>
I remember there being a perk that lets you keep your memories from different timelines if someone else time travels and changes things, but i forgot which jump has it.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
phlox miasma of 10,000 indulgences
appearing as nothing more than an intangible phlox colored mist phlox miasma of 10,000 indulgences is the embodiment of banchô-Anon's passion for mind altering substances and hedonistic tendencies, indeed phlox miasma of 10,000 indulgences's form is not physical but rather a independently persistent intangible field that absorbs negative emotional energy and the light wavelengths necessary to create a phlox colored haze while emitting positive emotional energy and the effects but not substances of a great many drugs of its choosing In nearly limitless combinations, sensations and intensities, the main limit to the stability is that if a substance relies on a physical interaction to create a physical effect rather than a mind altering effect It fails due to the lack of any actual substances involved and that banchô-Anon must have experienced the substance, emotion or effect in question for it to replicate it.

Intimacies: pleasurable experiences, mind expansion, psychonautics, mental healing, imagination
>>
>>51257441
Was it Return to the Present from Code Lyoko?
>>
>>51257441
Maybe Monk of History from Discworld.
>>
File: Goddamn It Bruce.jpg (62KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamn It Bruce.jpg
62KB, 600x461px
>>51257380

Why would you remind me of that atrocity of a movie?
>>
>>51257380
They actually had a relationship. However she wanted to settle down and have a family, he was like "MUH PARENTS ARE DEAD! I AM THE NIGHT, I AM BATMAN!" so the relationship broke up. That's why he was alone in Batman Beyond has anyone claimed that jump yet? with just his dog. I wonder if Babs & Bruce did end up going steady (maybe with some Jumper-helped relationship advice) what their kids would be like? I'm imagining a Damian Wayne with Red Hair but less of a jerk.
>>
>>51257441
I do know that Udertale has something of that effect, and that Kingdom Hearts has a selective immunity to time manipulation stuff
>>
>>51257402
Yeah, but FE Mobile doesn't come out for two months.
>>
File: 1482033749446.jpg (16KB, 282x262px) Image search: [Google]
1482033749446.jpg
16KB, 282x262px
>>51257478

>wanting Bruce and Barbara to get together in any timeline.

Stop. That relationship was trash.
>>
>>51257504
hat's why I'm calling it now so no one else does
>>
File: tumblr_obdcheI0IU1so18vqo1_500.gif (1MB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obdcheI0IU1so18vqo1_500.gif
1MB, 480x260px
>>51257510
>>
>>51257471
That's the one, thanks.

>>51257476
>>51257483
Not the one i was thinking of, but helpful all the same. Thanks.
>>
>>51255339
Probably they forgot what you said back at >>51182455
>given a new, female, body
>>
>>51257574

>Manyfist is the Joker

That explains a lot.
>>
File: 1458915715374.png (551KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
1458915715374.png
551KB, 600x482px
>>51254643
I distinctly remember there being some ridiculous perk that makes you a master of not one scientific field but like dozens if not all of them.
>>
>>51255434
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines gets one with Ghoul
Harry Potter if you don't mind house elves
Rosario + Vampire has a good one.
>>
So I promised I'd run a gauntlet of my own jumps and post the results. Five jumps in and I can safely say I want to strangle my past self.

First, let's get the essentials out of the way before I paste builds.

[Bodymod]
Build: Medium
Body Type: Athlete [500]
Stats:
Dex 3 [0]
Speed 3 [50]
Endurance 2 [400]
Sense 2 [300]
Appeal 1 [250]
Shape 1 [200]

Perks:
Flexibility 1
Metavore [100]

Because more than anything, I am going to need and treasure the ability to aim from a distance and running the hell away.

[Utulities]
Electricity [140]
Heat/AC [130]
Plumbing [120]
Forcewall [100]

[Structures]
Shelving
Housing [80]
Medbay [60]
Terminal [0] - I KNOW I'm going to lose track of something eventually.

Misc:
Food Supply [50]
Stasis Pod x2 [10]
>>
>>51257841
>Reminder that Jumper can say "you have my Hax" and really mean it.
>>
>>51257879
Jump 01: Heaven's Lost Property - Wait this doesn't look very fun
Origin: Drop-In - The alternative is ennui, being programmed for slavery, or being a high school student again.
Perks:
An Eerie Feeling - Gonna need this.
Favor of Heaven - If Synapse is less likely to want to smite me, that's an advantage I can't really give up. [900]
Mysterious Transfer Student - Please ignore the weird foreigner. Or be friendly to me. It would help my cripplingly low self-esteem. [800]
Listen To Me! - I need to hold someone's attention. My words are the only thing that will help me here. [600]
Falling Down - I won't make any of Tomoki's stupid mistakes, either. [300]

Items:
Student Uniform - Yay school. I dropped out of college for YET MORE FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL.

Companions:
Heart Bell - Nymph, Astraea [0] - This is where most of my help and grief is going to come from.

Drawbacks:
And now I need drawbacks.
Welcome To the New World Club!
A Flock of Seagulls [400] - I can hear Strike cursing my name from the beyond.
Maniacal Laughter [600] - This is pretty in-character, sadly. No special treatment for me. Here's hoping I don't end up in jail.

I want you to understand something. Me being here for my first jump is literally my own personal hell on both a mental and emotional level. Heaven's Lost Property is a trash ecchi that had a lot of untapped potential for an interesting plot and a very interesting side character who goes through enough emotional abuse and neglect to qualify for being an Elfen Lied protagonist.

I end up in Sorami and hit my face on the grass. My uniform covers my face a few seconds later. It's not long before Sugata and company find me and I'm quickly considered a figure of interest. My story of ‘fell out of the sky’ gets their attention pretty fast and I'm soon roped into the plot.
>>
>>51257905
Now, I ran the math. Because some idiot attached mandatory drawbacks to the WMD waifus in this jump, I couldn't recruit the world-destroying Ikaros or Chaos without taking on more pain than I could possibly survive without putting my life in the hands of luck. My terrible, godawful luck. So...both to satisfy my conscience, and to ensure my revival, I chose to recruit Nymph and Astraea.

For those of you unfamiliar with Astraea, imagine if a large breast size actually made you incredibly stupid and unable to forage for food on your own. Add enough melee combat ability to reliably slice through an army of similarly-armed mooks and you have Astraea.

The plot plays out pretty similarly, though things go off the rails when Nymph appears. Instead of her getting attached to Tomoki, I use my newfound perks and what empathy I entered with to bond with her instead. I do the same with Astraea. I didn't really have romantic things on the mind when I did this - I was concerned with helping them first, ensuring my survival second. It's selfish, but it's better than leaving them in Tomoki's harem orbit where he just sexualy harasses them or ignores them completely.

That's what I tell myself, anyways. I'm not going to lie. I'm a nervous wreck for most of this jump and I'm painfully aware that one wrong move during Angelroid fights involving Chaos or the Melan units would make me as dead as disco.

Also, speaking Japanese using only what my benefactor gave me to get by is harder than it looks. My accent made it painfully obvious I was American. I got teased a lot for it. Especially by Mikako. Fuck Mikako. I'm pretty sure she tried getting me arrested multiple times for the shit Tomoki was doing.
>>
>>51257921
I don't think I was prepared to actually emotionally bond with Nymph and Astraea. I don't want to call it ‘romantic’...it's more than we shared camaraderie after I contributed a lot to freeing Nymph and looking after Astraea after she resolved to follow her own path. We got on each other's nerves a lot, and damn if Astraea isn't dumber than a bag of drowned puppies, but...they grew on me. I wonder if they felt the same? Or if it was just because I was their first exposure to positive emotions?

I really wish I could give them better.

Sure enough, the endgame rolls around. Only through a very desperate effort do I keep Nymph from her canon death. But...I couldn't stop Astraea from trying to be a ‘big sister’ for Chaos one more time and the both of them dying together. I most certainly took it with a stoic look on my face and didn't get reduced to blubbering tears as the world around me fell apart, my Unique Data Signature being the only thing saving me. Nope. Not me.

Then everything snapped back to normal. Tomoki and Sugata still did what they were supposed to. Through no real effort of my own. But Astraea was back. I gave the idiot a hug. She promptly hugged me back and nearly snapped my spine like a popsicle stick. Angelroids are strong.

It was absolute hell and dealing with perversions and similar nonsense, but I survived ten years. But now I can just sit back, relax, and think about going h-

What do you mean I can't leave.

What do you mean 13 more?

13 more what?! WHAT?! ALL OF THEM?! 130 MORE YEARS OF THIS?!
>>
>>51257900
>Being inside a VR when you say it.
>>
>>51257921
>>51257932
>as dead as disco.
Disco is not dead! Disco is life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9n7GirhsI

Seriously though, this is a pretty fun idea.
>>
>>51257932
>>51258042
FUN FOR THE AUDIENCE MAYBE

Also I typed all of these last night so I have about four more jumps to drop here. Mind the typos.

Jump 2: Ed, Edd, n Eddy
Mode: Post-Script Season Mode
Perks:
Cartoon Physics
Just Like the Old Country [800]
Lots of Hurt, Hold the Onions [400] - A friendly reminder I suck at measuring strength.
RUN AWAY! [0]

Items:
Nope

I used to love this show as a kid. On a related note, I'm not a fan of this jump and the moron who structured it in the first place. I have cartoon super strength and the ability to run away really fast. I also get to relive puberty while looking like a sentient noodleman. Woo. I can feel the childhood.

Anyways, I quickly soar to the top of my classes because this is all crap I know already, but I have to restrain myself from swearing or obviously giving away the fact I'm mentally a lot older than I look. Hopefully Double-D's regular nerding keeps me from looking too out of place. At least I don't need to have nervous breakdowns about things being able to murder me.

I let the Angelroids stay in the inactivity place for now. They do not need to put up with this. I'll just say my new strength was part of whatever the next jump is. At least I have more to work with now, right?
>>
>>51258075
You made Ed Edd N Eddy?
>>
>>51258075
>>51258097
That I did. I also made this doozy.
Jump 03: Generic Parenting Jump - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Child's Gender: Male - No seriously are we doing this right now.
Child's Age: [Child] 10 - Oh god we are
Adopted - I...I can't deal with having a full kid of my own. I just can't.
Background: Caring - Still...maybe here, I can do something right?
Perks:
Gentle Hands
Because I Love You
A Slice of Home [900]
Rest Your Head [800]
I'm Just Disappointed [600]
You Be Good, Now [400]
You Made Them Cry! [100]

Items:
Multiverse's Best Dad
A Pink Apron
Music Box
Home Recipes [0]

Companions:
Uncles, Aunties, and Nannies - Nymph and Astraea

...damn it. Just...damn it! Wasn't this supposed to be a fun adventure?! You know, gain superpowers, get the girl, fight and win...? All I've done is run around like a chicken with my head cut off and...now I'm a parent. Right before I even got to the steps that are supposed to lead into it.

Still...the memories from this jump help and I'm going to need them. I'm not going to be the best parent in the world, but damn it, I need to try. I'll work a hard job, I'll make sure Nymph and Astraea help without doing something stupid, I'll do whatever it takes. Because if I can raise someone right, and give them the love and care they need? That's worth a million adventures.

I'll let them live their lives to its fullest without having to worry about the multiverse or following me. It's the least I can do.

Nothing really prepares you for being a parent. The stress, the worry, the years that follow...

But somehow, I don't regret it.
>>
>>51258117
Jump 04: Elfen Lied - I'm convinced this jumpchain thing was a horrible idea.
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Clear Mind - My god am I going to need this.
Thin Ice - And this. Synergizes nicely with Falling Down. [900]
Hollow Heart - ...I'd rather be on someone's good side. Even if that person is rotten deep down. [700]
Because It's You - Maybe it's my face? [400]

Items:
Cash
Maple House [100]
A Ticket to Nope [0]

No perk or item is worth taking a drawback in this world, much less forcing Nymph and Astraea to deal with even worse than they had already. I'm not ashamed to admit it - I'm terrified. Especially here. Knowing I could be killed off for any reason at all, only spared by how endearing I weak and look...though I wouldn't be scared of throwing a car at someone if it meant escaping. The Angelroids aren't as helpful here as I'd hope - vectors could probably slice them apart in melee. Or maybe I'm just scared of risking them, or them being hurt.

I don't get a moment's rest. I don't bother trying to interact with the main cast. I just find my own Maple House and hide. Hide in the Warehouse. Hide from the screams. Hide from the blood. Hide from the Diclonius War.

I'm not a hero, not a warrior, not anyone special. I can't change this, not with just words. Why am I here? Why did I agree to this? Make it stop. Make it stop.
>>
>>51258136
Jump 05: Boktai
Origin: Solar Child [900]
Perks:
TAIYOOOOOOH! - A sweeter sound has never entered my ears.
Put Your Back Into It - Not that I need it, but...hey, a strong spine is a strong spine.
Lighting the Way [800]
Quiet as the Dusk [700]
Surprise, Sunshine! [500]
The Sun Will Rise Tomorrow! [300] - You know what? I can do this.
Sol Trance [0]
Strange Wanderer Anon
Jump Del Sol
Lunar Blood [0]

Arsenal:
Lenses: Sol, Flame, Cloud [700AP]
Batteries: Single, Double [500AP]
Frames: Fighter, Dragoon, Spear [0AP]

Items:
Coffin
Scarf of Courage
Neat Goggles
Pile Driver [Temporary]
Vector Coffin [200i]
Solar Bamboo [0i]

Companions:
May the Sun Be With You!

Drawbacks:
What Does That Even Mean?! [100]
Frail and Foolish [300]
More Walking [400]
IT'S HOT! [500]

I'm a lot of things. I'm also not a lot of things. I'm not as strong as Django, not as brave, and I don't have the real capabilities of a ‘protagonist’. But now that I'm holding a Solar Gun and hope is burning in my heart, even as I stare down the undead when the sun fades in the distance, I finally feel like I have some real fangs of my own to bite with.

Nymph and Astraea are with me, providing support and not to mention the latter being a living melee death machine. I finally have memories of combat training and all that come with it, and I can throw dungeon obstacles around like party favors. I'll let Django worry about the big plot. For now? I'm going to find my way around San Miguel and protect those living here. It's a very small way to console myself after what I had to spend witnessing in Elfen Lied...but those small steps feel like huge leaps, to me.
>>
>>51257841
Dr McNinja
>>
>>51257879
>gauntlet
is it? so you're starting with 0CP?
>>
>>51258323
I'm referring to gauntlet in the sense of 'I am doing all of my own jumps in a row' instead of gauntlet as in 'I am starting with 0 points and not a chance in hell, but hey, at least I can't lose.'
>>
How good would a super learning perk that lets me gain skill and knowledge at extreme speed from a teacher?
>>
>>51258604
That is a misc meta power.
>>
>>51258349
Can someone with knowledge of One Punch Man help me out? How big of a boost is Serious Mode? And could your Mighty Skill be something like "bodybuilding" or "sprinting" to be super fast or strong?
>>
>>51258765
>And could your Mighty Skill be something like "bodybuilding" or "sprinting" to be super fast or strong?

That's how Saitama got pretty damn strong, so you can do that.
>>
>>51258765
>>And could your Mighty Skill be something like "bodybuilding" or "sprinting" to be super fast or strong?

yes, that is Superalloy Darkshine power
>>
Where would I get perks to program myself so to speak? I want to make some cliche combat protocols to trigger after one of my one-up perks kicks in.
>>
>>51258826
Normal programming combine with a robotic alt-form, maybe?

Powerful self-hypnosis to give yourself triggers?
>>
File: 1Kl5SBF.png (303KB, 540x767px) Image search: [Google]
1Kl5SBF.png
303KB, 540x767px
Jumper, tell me about the time you told someone shit just to mess with them.
>>
>>51258870
Me backing someone into a corner listing every single dickhead action they've done that they think no one else would know about but I did thanks to metaknowlege is a plus

they feel their sins crawling on their back...
>>
>>51258779
>>51258813
Ah. Wonder how strong it would make you?
>>
>>51258946
Saitama's level, presumably.
>>
>>51254961
>>51254776
The thing about Hulk's friend is that he was actually a literal cuck. He got off on his wife fucking other people, she did it regularly, and he actively invited Hulk to fuck his wife. He's pathetic and disgusting, but you can't accuse Hulk of fucking his friend over.
>>
>>51258969
Really? Is all the stuff about him having unlimited strength just a meme?
>>
I'm trying to come up with the most fitting punishments for the S9. Help me out here:

>Bonesaw
Give her to Franken Fran
>Gray Boy
Trap him in a never ending loop of accelerated time so he constantly decays and regrows forever
>Jack
Trap him in a doomsday shelter forever and give him immortality
>>
File: 1483156952871.png (413KB, 524x578px) Image search: [Google]
1483156952871.png
413KB, 524x578px
>>51258870
I used my charisma and memetic abilities to make people believe that all the conspiracy theories were true.

All of them. At the same time.
>>
>>51258946
Probably S class hero range, mind you quantifying that would be hard, but throwing buildings around may be a rough estimate for raw strength.
>>51258998
I really doubt that anon's interpretation, Saitama has done at least one thing that by description and speed shown in the anime surpassed the speed of light, namely jumping back from the moon to the earth in less time than it would take light to make the trip.
>>
>>51255030
He never learned the difference between wisdom and intelligence.
>>
>>51258969

That feels like a biiiiiit more than an overestimation, considering Saitama is far above everything in the setting. His actual power is basically "yes", winning out over everything that comes at him and being bored at the lack of challenge.
>>
>>51255542
My first thought was that it was cum and not milk. Dirty brain.
>>
>>51259011
I'd just put them down. They act like rabid animals, so treat them like it.
Don't become He Who Fights Monsters over a bunch of psychopaths who happened into superpowers.
>>
>>51256602
I doubt he actually fucked her just because they were flirting. Batman in TAS is basically asexual if your name isn't Talia or (eventually, offscreen) Barbara.
>>
>>51259011
The way to punish Bonesaw is to do it like canon. Get her sane enough she can feel guilt again.
>>
>>51257325
>Fire Emblem series being destroyed by a phonegame.
RIP, in the graveyard where all series executed by cashgrab phoneshit go.
>>
>>51259011
I honestly think you should kill Jack in a shitty, anticlimactic way, like popping his head with OOC powers, then bury him in a ditch. Except take care when you kill him, I'm pretty sure sure he's had Bonesaw put some deadman's switch style plagues in his body, or something.

He wants to terrorize people and be remembered, so something shitty and anticlimactic is good, I think.
>>
>>51259011
Burnscar: Spell that causes all fires within her range to be extinguished.
Crawler: Eternal Complete Sensory Deprivation.
Shatterbird: Flesh to Glass Spell.
Siberian: Turn him into a completely immobile, indestructible being.
Cherish: Make her feel the emotions of people in her area, but amplified.
Also, this >>51259177 .
>>
>>51254996
I don't agree with that. Wouldn't a high WIS stat still be a huge help with problem solving and knowing what the best course of action is?
>>
>>51259193
>Cherish: Make her feel the emotions of people in her area, but amplified.
That's literally what the S9 does to her in canon.
>>
File: 1457734900997.gif (178KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1457734900997.gif
178KB, 500x411px
>>51258150
Jump 06: Tales of Phantasia - I'm cautiously optimistic.
Era: The Past
Species: Human
Origin: Warrior [900] - As much as I wanted Drop-In, I really need the competence boost in fighting ability.
Perks:
Skits - I too enjoy meaningless banter.
Titles
Wasn't Born Yesterday - Who can sword? I can sword!
Odds and Ends
Aerodynamics [800]
Stronger Than I Look [700]
The Dream Will Never Die [500]
Tougher Than I Look [300]
True Skill [0] - Hey, hey Nymph! Watch this! DEMON FANG! DEMON FANG! DEMON FANG! Pretty cool, right? [...] Hey, come back!

Items:
Trademark Gear
Mysterious Pendant
Gald
Standard Weapon
Standard Armor
Excalibur [0, Item budget spent]

Companions:
The Gang's All Here!

1. Nymph
Background: Mage
Species: Elf
Mana Flow
Excited!
Elemental, My Dear
Intensify!
Light and Darkness

2. Astraea
Background: Warrior
Wasn't Born Yesterday
Odds and Ends
True Skill
Tougher Than I Look
Aerodynamics

3. Fitzgerald Acumen [OC]
Background: Cleric
Species: Half-Elf
First Aid!
Warmth
Healing Hands
What Was Can Be Again
Temporal Oddities

Drawbacks:
Errand Jumper [100]

This build took a while to finish. Anyways, meet our party healer, Fitzgerald!
>"The only reason I even exist is because you fuckups needed a healer."
As you can see, he has the bedside manner of a true professional.
>"Fuck you."
So now that I'm actually getting the hang of adventuring and the nightmares have MOSTLY stopped (sometimes), I figure this is another time we can let the main characters worry about things while I get some practice with my new sword abilities, and improve our overall teamwork. I'm still not the combat monster Astraea is, but I'm getting there. All that sneaking around in Boktai is helping me pick up this ‘tactical’ stuff a bit better.
>>
>>51259209

I think he's referring to WIS helping you realize that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a smart idea (especially when Wisdom as a stat only provides Mana, where other stats provide more tangible benefits for different skills), thus causing you to diversify more.
>>
>>51259264
Oh, yeah, I can agree with that. I misunderstood and thought they meant that putting points into Wisdom, in general, was something they shouldn't have done.

>Wisdom as a stat only provides Mana, where other stats provide more tangible benefits for different skills
He hasn't put a whole lot of points into Wisdom yet, but, since we've seen that putting enough points into Intelligence causes him to spontaneously gain psychic powers, I could totally buy that enough points in Wisdom gives you Journey to the West/Xianxia enlightenment style powers.
>>
>51247350
>What does the Potential perk actually do? It says your potential is far beyond your form, your potential for what? Is it a magic booster? Does it make your demon form more stronk?
Both magic and your overall form. There are delineated power levels for demons, you start as Greater, then there is Arch, and several levels of Prince before you reach Concordenax, demon god.
A greater demon jumped up two levels would be at mid prince potential, of which there are estimated to be only 13.
A greater could give a good accounting but ultimately lose against a Knight Rampart (Greater Paladin). With potential you would either win or send them flying long enough to saunter off (Assuming they don't have an instant perma-kill demon dagger...hint...they probably do). With Potential and Quite Brilliant you would be one of the three scariest people in the Abyss, able to just smite a Knight Rampant and certainly not falling for any dagger tricks.
If taken by a non demon, assume baseline boost to just over captain America, plus the magic strength of 10 average practitioners.
It is pretty vague so I'll put a clarification in the next update.
>>
>>51259344
>>51247350
there we go, linked
>>
>>51259011
Well, Grey Boy's dead, so just keep Bonesaw from cloning the Slaughterhouse 9000 and you don't have to worry about him.

For Jack, I always figured it would be funny to give him a nice public trial and execution. Jack's a Joker expy, he wants to demonstrate the meaninglessness of human civilization and our attempts to impose order on an uncaring cosmos.. Having the rule of law be what kills him could be worth the public exposure he'd get.

Bonesaw it should be playing on the "good girl" thing she so desperately clings to. Maybe trap her in an illusion where her parents are alive again and incredibly disapproving of her, together with some changes to her neural structure so it's impossible for her to get past the shame.

Something similar would work well for Manton. Have his daughter confront him over the monster he's become, and how him doing it all in her name disgusts her. Then make him relive being eaten by the Siberian, over and over again.

Shatterbird wants a sense of power and authority. Doing what happened to her in canon, where she wound up Regent's powerless mind-slave, is pretty much the perfect punishment already. Just make it even more effective with Jumper tech.

Crawler needs stimulation. Sensory deprivation, as has been suggested already, would be a nice way to fuck with him.

Mannequin thinks that attempts to make the world better are pointless, that it will all come crashing down on you eventually and so its better to tear down people before they try. So deconstruct that world view, take his technology and use it to make the world better, and make him watch.

Burnscar's shtick is that the more she uses her powers, the more sociopathic she gets, so she uses her powers a lot in order to keep from having to confront the awful things she's done. Remove her powers, make her have to deal with the guilt.

And Hachetface is...boring, just kill him. There's nothing to really do with him.
>>
>>51259176
If anything is going to destroy the Fire Emblem franchise, it'll be the shitty story and the gross shit in it, not cashgrab stuff.

Besides, Fire Emblem Warriors is definably going to sell massive bucks.
>>
What's the name of the jump that has the hero forum? It's base on a manga.
>>
>>51259443
Yusha Gojo Kumiai Koryugata Keijiban, or "Hero Union BBS" in English. It's under the Japanese name in the drive, though, so go to the N-Z folder.
>>
>>51259443
Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban
>>
>>51259427
Making tons of money on phoneshit is what kills a series. No reason to make a real game when lazy trash makes you gacha cash.
>>
>>51259411
>And Hachetface is...boring, just kill him. There's nothing to really do with him.
Apparently, he liked using his power nullification field to scare the shit out of capes. You know, taking the thing they most relied on away from them and all that.

Maybe use out of jump powers, which probably wouldn't be affected by his "no powers" aura since it's almost certainly shard-based, to smack him around a bit?
>>
>>51259315

Yeah, that's a fair assessment.
>>
File: 3af.gif (271KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
3af.gif
271KB, 210x131px
Can anyone give me some jumps that give you a wish once your chain is over?
I'm trying to compile a list for reasons.
>>
>>51259535
>>Google Drive
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing
See above.
>>
>>51259535
one of the fate jumps Does that,there is also a scenario for That in gravity Falls.
>>
>>51259176
Just like how Fate died to its phone game cashgrab.
>>
>>51259605
Don't see any plans for a VN anon. Just more phone games.
>>
>>51259605
It... Didn't, though. With everything that's been happening over the past few months, it's more popular than ever. Especially now, with Extella and three Heaven's Feel movies...
>>
>>51259535
MAdoka:Wraith Arc does that
>>
>>51259636
Yeah it just has like four animes coming out, multiple ongoing novel series, and a brand new musou game.
>>51259642
I know. Making a point that series don't get killed by their cash grabs.
>>
>>51259642
>Heaven's Feel
Nothing of value.
>>
>>51259605
God, I wish. Then maybe you Fatefags would shut up about it for once. But no, instead we have it shitting up thread after thread. Val, I'm sure you had good intentions, but you've made this place unbearable. And I think you agree, given how annoying the constant questions towards you are. Let this be a lesson in unintended consequences.
>>
>>51259669
>Animes
Retreading of Stay/night
>Novels
Valueless.
>New game
The only game is the Extellia, which is just more Extra with some Stay/Night pandering.
>>
>>51259699
So what the fuck do you think a series needs to have to be considered not dead if multiple series over multiple forms of media don't qualify? By your logic I don't think any franchises are alive.
>>
>>51259722
Actual new shit.
>>
>>51259734
You mean like the game they just released, or the novels.
>>
What's the most expensive thing you've bought, jumpers?
>>
File: 1470587332871.jpg (17KB, 209x272px) Image search: [Google]
1470587332871.jpg
17KB, 209x272px
>>51259262
Jump 07: Captain N - Okay seriously. We went from Elfen Lied, to Boktai, to Tales of Phantasia, and now this. What the fuck is with this order of events?!
Origin: Gamemaster [900] - I'm SICK of being second fiddle, damn it! If I'm gonna be trapped in a Saturday Morning nightmare, it may as well be as the main fucking character!
Perks:
High Score! - I am no longer trash at video games. Woo!
Playing With Power - I am also Mario, apparently. [800]
Continue? - Juuuuust in case, though I feel like if I actually need this, I'm already fucked. [600]
Playing with Super Power - MY WASTED YOUTH IS NO LONGER WASTED. [300]

Items:
Can't Beat the Classics
Pocket Full of Quarters [200] - I no longer care about how this chain ends. My physical needs have been met.
The Zapper [0] - Nice! I wonder if I can use this together with the Solar Gun?
Power Pad [0] - Yes, please.

Drawbacks:
Not So Keene
Gameboy's Best Friend [200] - Oh, fuck me.
Disco Isn't Dead Yet [300] - Stayin' alive, stayin' alive!

Alright, so after last time, with the addition of Fitzgerald, I think it's safe to call us seasoned adventurers now.
>"My existence is a lie designed to compliment some jackass' life."
As you can see, he's enjoying himself greatly.
>"I hate you."

Anyways, I have to deal with Gameboy constantly possessing my stuff and using my gear without permission plus an urge to do the Commander Shepard in public. Embarassing, but still nowhere near as bad as it was before. I still have nightmares and wake up screaming. The locals keep treating it like a gag in a cartoon, though. Fuck them.

But yeah, I manage to hold up pretty well and I'm even fighting on the frontlines consistently. Things are finally looking up and it's all uphill from here!

Next stop: Disgaea.
>>
>>51254187
>logical fallacies anyway, on a good day I can rattle off reducto ad absurdum and ad hominem off the top of my head
Again, I'm sorry, but those are informal fallacies. Informal fallacies may (or may not) have a valid logical form, and aren't really logical fallacies (debatable). I was able to identify your logical fallacy because it was a true formal fallacy (the form of the argument was logically invalid), and there are a lot fewer easily recognized formal fallacies. And pretty much all of them are covered in a class on predicate logic.

Just check out the difference in the number of fallacies listed under each of the categories here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
There's like, four times as many.

Sorry for waiting nine hours to respond, but I just woke up.
>>
>>51259777
>Novels
Videogame novels are some of the worst trash in existence. They have no value as literature.

The only real game they're putting out is Extellia, and that's stay/night and Extra pandering.
>>
>>51259669
Ah, very well. Glad to know!~

>>51259670
>>51259699
You'll find that value is very, very much subjective for all things.

As for Heavens Feel, you... Might want to read it. There is a reason why it's the route that only happens AFTER the first two.

>>51259691
>you've made this place unbearable
I don't think you are accusing the right person. Try throwing a stone at the mirror, maybe?

>Let this be a lesson in unintended consequences
it's interesting - every time someone here says words "learn a lesson", nothing good happens. Hm. I wonder.

>>51259734
Your definition of "new" would probably be original enough to not qualify as Fate anymore, defeating the point.

>>51259791
>Spoiler
Oh dear.

>>51259795
Wait, so if you consider visual novels to be trash... Why do you even care about Fate?
>>
>>51259411
Actually, I've been meaning to ask: how did Bonesaw's clones even have parahuman powers? Just because they have the tumor doesn't mean they'd auto get a connection to the same Shard, does it?
>>
>>51259795
Well good thing they aren't videogame novels. They are books, that you read.
>>
>>51259811
>Wait, so if you consider visual novels to be trash...
He's talking about actual books, Annette.
>>
>>51259824
That's what I'm talking about. Actual books about a videogame series.
>>
>>51259791
>Next stop: Disgaea.

Bodacious Babes
>>
>>51259811
>As for Heavens Feel, you... Might want to read it.
Everyone knows what happens in it.

>Sakura is a stupid slut.
>Gets raped by everything
>Is full of cock worms that make her fuck people for mana
>Flips her shit after getting raped again.
>Turns into a villain and corrupts a bunch of servants.
>Shirou's hero complex kicks in and he saves the irredeemable whore.
>Illya rescues his ass from his hero complex and he ends up in some non-human vessel.
>>
>>51259838
Dude Fate barely qualified as a videogame series.
It's a visual NOVEL. Hell the universe it's set in got started as a series of novels and short stories.
>>
>>51259813
In addition to Blasto's tech, Bonesaw also stole the work of a Tinker named Cranial who worked with mind-machine interfaces. She used that to imprint artificial personality profiles of the original onto the clones. The personalities were close enough that, together with the identical DNA, the shards recognized them as the original enough to give them the powers. The clones' connection to the shards wasn't as strong, though, so their powers were weaker. Though that's implied to be as much because there were dozens of each one as it is inherent flaws in the process. The exception was Grey Boy, whose shard already carried a complete copy of his mind uploaded into it, as a necessity of his time-warping powers (it has to be able to run his mind off-site from his brain, or reversing time on his brain would erase his memories), and as such the Grey Boy clone that Bonesaw made was indistinguishable from the original, with complete access to his memories, personality, and full powers.
>>
>>51259827
Hm? I never actually heard about those, other than Zero and Apocrypha.

>>51259863
Ah, to be unspoiled about the good things.
>>
>>51259902
There's nothing good in Heaven's Feel. Stop defending worst girl on worst route because you feel bad for her.
>>
>>51259605
If dying causes an IP to grow its fanbase and successively release cash generating media across several mediums, then my fucking projects need to die already.
>>
>>51259933
Eh? But anon, the best girl is obviously Taiga.
>>
>>51259811
Fuck off. Fate is the worst franchise we've ever had a jump made for. Which is kind of ironic, because the jump is actually pretty interesting, but people ignore all the novel and fun things it offers to ask incessant annoying questions about "How long would it take the First Magic to let me make a hobbit" or "Can my Servant be Emperor Norton" or other inane things. And it never stops. They suck the life out of this thread, bogging it down in endless powerwank. And hey, I don't blame Val. She clearly just wanted to make a fun jump. But like I said, unintended consequences.
>>
>>51259960
Notice how I didn't say who you liked best, just that you were defending Sakura and Heaven's Feel because you feel bad for her.
>>
>>51259949
Making money =/= being a good thing. Lots of series make money but are garbage.
>>
>>51259987
Don't worry. It'll die down in a week or so when everybody gets it out of their systems, or some other popular franchise gets a jump with a lot of options.
>>
File: stop liking what I don't like.gif (253KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
stop liking what I don't like.gif
253KB, 500x281px
>>51259987
>I don't like it so no one else is allowed to!
>stop talking about things I don't want to talk about!
>>
>>51259999
>>51259949
>grow its fanbase and successively release cash generating media
>grow fanbase and generate cash
>AND
>>
>>51259987
Aaaaaaaand you are no longer interesting. Pity.

>>51259989
Good catch. That said, Heaven's Feel doesn't actually revolve around Sakura. Weird, right?
>>
>>51259778
In CP? That would be things, plural; 1000 each on Cheat Mode in Minecraft and on Saber in the original Fate jump.
>>
>>51259999
Who cares if something's good as long sd people enjoy it? You sound like one of the stereotypical hipsters who complain about only their obscure Indie music being good and everyone else having terrible taste.
>>
>>51260014
hahahahahaha
no
>>
>>51259987
Oh fuck off. 90% of the questions about literally any jump are along those lines.
>>
>>51259989
Why does everyone hate her, anyway?

You'd be pretty shitty if you were constantly getting raped by worms and having to fuck people you hate to keep them from eating you alive.
>>
File: 1478824735202.gif (621KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478824735202.gif
621KB, 287x400px
>>51259791
Jump 08: Disgaea - Hour of Darkness - Oh hey I loved this ser-WAIT. HOW MUCH OF GAMEPLAY IS ACTUALLY REAL HERE?!
Species: Demon
Perks:
Level One
What a Ripoff!
Hiding your Power Level
Hidden Depths [900]
Silent Protagonist [700]
I Will Be The Main Character! [400]
Professional Peanut Gallery
Theme Song
Moe
Reincarnation [100]

Features: Weapon Master - Sword, Armor Knight

Items:
Hero's Scarf
Trademark Outfit [300i]
Starting Weapon
Useless Time-Wasting RPGs
Sweet Jacket
A Pair of Pistols [200i]
Mana Bazooka [0i]
A Crapton of Anime [0]

Companions:

Loyal Battle Monkeys
[Same Background and Species across the board]
Background: Drop-In
Species: Demon
1. Astraea - Features: Weapon Master
2. Nymph - Features: Magic
3. Fitzgerald - Features: Boring Magic

So Disgaea is an interesting inverse of the normal jump logic. Normally, when you don't want to die or get roped into things, you avoid the plot like it's carrying the unholy lovechild of the Black Plague and every pox put together, after taking notes from Nurgle. However, in the case of Disgaea, the SAFEST place to be is in close proximity to the plot.

So that's why I'm working for Laharl now. He and Etna are every bit of the slave drivers canon shows them to be. I'm in a lot of fights, but the fact we work our way up in terms of levels and opponents means I don't have to worry as much as I would otherwise. Silent Protagonist helps me having to dodge explaining where I came from and we just blend in with the other mooks.

I've seen some shit, man.
>>
>>51259535
Tower of God if you get to the top.
Every Fate jump if you win.
Gravity Falls has a time wish
New Madoka this one is a bad idea
>>
Are there any jumps that have 'you always know what power you have' perks? I tend to fanwank YJ's Toggle as a list in the back of my head, but that comes much later in my chain.

I'm heading towards an amnesia drawback, and knowing I have powers would be nice.
>>
>>51260136
Nobody likes wormsluts, no matter how shitty their lives were.
>>
>>51260204

>He didn't mack on Bodacious Babes when off the clock

Why do I spend time trying to remind you if won't listen

Still great story Heavan
>>
>>51260240
Drawbacks trump perks. I.e. if a perk would counteract a drawback, the drawback wins and the perk is nullified.
>>
>>51260048
Some people like garbage. See Call of Duty, reality TV, etc.

>>51260109
>Who cares if something's good
People who like good media?
>>
>>51260204
>we just blend in with the other mooks
Isn't that a very bad thing when it comes to active employment? As in, mooks dying like the mooks they are?

Good writeup so far!
>>
>>51260136
Because she's a rape magnet, full of gross worms, is a big slut, and corrupts/kills a bunch of servants even if it was caused by her flipping out from rape trauma. She doesn't have many redeeming qualities, pity only goes so far.

>>51260050
>Heaven's Feel doesn't actually revolve around Sakura.
You live in an alternate reality.
>>
>>51260275
The drawback doesn't say I loose my powers. Hell, it flat out says I can accidentally use them, and then relearn them.

So I want a perk that tells me what I have. Even If I have to roll for which powers show up first, I still want one.
>>
>>51260275
Not always. Quicksilver said the drawback that makes you unable to speak in PMD is countered by the perk in Pokemon.
>>
>>51260338
My houserule is that as long as the cp spent on the perk(s) outweighs the drawback by at least four, it's all good. Won't stop a fiat 'you lose your powers', but that's usually good enough.
>>
>>51260338
It's a wording thing.
The drawback in PMD just says you don't get pokespeak for free.
If you've already got it then the drawback doesn't take it away.
Although I bet you'd have a hard time speaking with an unfamiliar face.
>>
>>51260371
>as long as the cp spent on the perk(s) outweighs the drawback by at least four
By four what? A factor of four? Four times? Just four?
>>
>>51260374
And "you lose your memories of your powers" does not mean "you lose your powers". It's pretty much the same thing.

>>51260331
My suggestion? Make a list, then give it to your companions, assuming they're keeping their memories.
Alternatively any "character sheet" kind of perk should work.
I know The Gamer has one and there's a few more scattered around.
>>
>>51260415
A factor of four, yes. A 200 cp drawback that makes everyone dislike you can be nullified by 800 cp worth of charisma perks, leaving you at a 'normal' level of charisma.
>>
here is my build for the DC occult jump.
>>http://pastebin.com/zYhU0aaB
>>
>>51260441
So after about 20-30 jumps the majority of drawbacks are pretty much free CP for you?
That doesn't sound very balanced.
>>
>>51260275
Which would mean in this case that any perk that prevented the amnesia would fail. If however one of his perks gave him a HUD, for example, he'd still see the HUD even if he had no idea why it was there.

>>51260240
Anon, while I don't recommend amnesia drawbacks, if you end up risking "new you" keeping the drawback then you might want to check out the Tactical Info perk from the Star Wars KOTOR jump.
>>
>>51260456
that's why the majority of the more valuable drawbacks scale with the jumper. and a number of weaker Drawbacks are enforced by fiat and create inconveniences that would affect anyone.
>>
>>51260456
Depends on the drawbacks, honestly. Most 100 and 200 cp drawbacks are things that were easy to work around in the first place, so I don't usually feel bad about powering my way past them.

Like, 100 cp for a missing limb, and i'm just going to go use my amazing science powers to build a cybernetic arm or something.

300 and up I usually don't even try.

>>51260482
>>51260427
>Star Wars KOTOR
>The Gamer
Thank you.
>>
Man, the Negima Drawbacks are so boring. To get the max you have to take the two 300s, which makes you powerless and gives you amnesia. So it's literally just some random schmuck living a normal life for 10 years before the Benefactor shows up, tells them they're actually a dimensional traveller, shoves a bunch of memories and powers in them, then moves them to the next jump.
>>
>>51260488
Bancho, that shouldn't be why, because jumps are meant to be balanced according to the standard rules (in a direct fight a drawback always trump perks), not somebody's custom "oh my perks can trump drawbacks if they're X enough" rule.
>>
>>51260542
what?! No, of course Drawbacks From perks,I think I might've misinterpreted part of the conversation.
>>
File: 1482384718871.png (339KB, 811x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482384718871.png
339KB, 811x720px
>>51260204
Jump 09: Rurouni Kenshin - Oh thank god
Origin: Wanderer
Perks:
Distant Sky
A Wandering Fool [900]
The Will To Live [700]
Man Slayer [400]
Identifying Scar
Warrior's Spirit
Heart of the Sword x3 [100]
Shinsoku [0]

Items:
A Good Blade
Meiji-Era Clothes
Traveler's Bag

Drawbacks:
Oro? [200]
"I Know You, Jumper! [300]

So I'm in Meiji Japan and culturally, I could not be more out of place. But I also couldn't be much happier. I FINALLY get a fucking break after ten years of dealing with ridonkulously powerful demons while working for what I think was the biggest brat in the multiverse. I spent about ten minutes kissing the ground once I realized where I was. Zero fucks given.

I can deal with the low-tier shonen fare here pretty easily by now, so I'm not worried about the drawbacks or my atrocious luck returning. I know this has some neat companion hooks but I don't feel like dealing with other people's problems right about now, and all of us need some well-deserved rest.

Speaking of rest, how are you holding up, Fitzgerald?
>"Tea is my only solace in this journey and is the true key to power."
That's super. I'm just gonna play video games in the Warehouse and occasionally sword-fight. I can't help but think all of these power-ups are doing very little to actually improve my life so far, though...

>>51260534
Almost like an anime!
>>
speaking of which it appears to be missing from the drive.
>>
>>51260449
>http://pastebin.com/zYhU0aaB
>don't normally dream so this isn't so bad
Everybody dreams, every night. You just don't remember your dreams because they don't get encoded to long-term memory, because your brain isn't functioning like it does when you're awake. So your recall only lasts about five minutes. Guess what happens if you wake up in the middle of a (really bad) dream? You remember it.
>>
>>51257477
Ok as much as I like bruce Tim's work and Batman Beyond, the whole story of Bruce sucked big old nasty narly donkey dick.

He like literially deserves to be alone, and ruins anything human with the character.
>>
>>51260717
Actually, I remember the period of darkness In which my perception of time distorts heavily between going to bed and waking up, So I really don't dream.
>>
>>51260534
This kind of shit is exactly why I run on a house rule of unspent CP carrying over but being unable to gain CP from drawbacks.
>>
>>51257477
Is this a canon thing?
>>
>>51260649
Mahou Sensei Negima.
>>
>>51260740
No thats normal, thats you not remembering the dream.
>>
>>51260731
I thought BB Bruce was fine. Some of the comics dealing with the inbetween of TAS and BB sucked, but not the end result.
>>
>>51260717

For me it's just going to sleep blackness and then waking up
>>
>>51260760
shit, I meant to quote >>51256115

X-men movies is missing.
>>
>>51260766
really?! Cool, I'm more normal thought and My Subconscious isn't torn up to shreds by a lifetime of heavy antipsychotics. but yeah, I usually take dream drawbacks since I'm usually good at operating When tired and stressed anyway. plus, My Jumper knows that he is usually Lord of dreams and can take a Decade or two of nightmares , knowing he'll be able to dish them out later.
>>
>>51260776
You mean a bitter old man with no family and basically incapable of talking to Terry about the whole DNA thing which he simply had to answer he didn't know?

BB was great, and Bruce was great in it, but the whole outcome for Bruce is terrible and sucked.
>>
Can you use the Dark Side and have emotions and all that without going full "WAKE ME UP INSIDE" emo pain and suffering?
>>
>>51260826
To be fair, fuck Batman.
>>
>>51260812
Its a bit weird you don't remember anything except maybe thats a side effect of your medicine, but yeah if you don't remember your dreams you only "see" blackness.
>>
>>51260835
Only in the extended universe
>>
>>51260826
Oh, you don't mean from a writing perspective, you mean for him as a person. Yeah, he ended up in a bad way.

At least he wasn't mindraped by an alien for 40 years and incapable of doing anything as his body was puppeted around like Superman.

>>51260869
TAS Batman is nothing but a good guy. The only skeevy things he did was flirt with Lois (Who wasn't with Clark anyway) and fuck Barbara (which is just skeevy because of the age and power dynamic.)
>>
File: 1128825-alf.jpg (36KB, 356x540px) Image search: [Google]
1128825-alf.jpg
36KB, 356x540px
>>51260731
Personally, I always imagine his moral decline must have really kicked into gear after Alfred died.

Forget the revolving door of Robins or Barbara. Alfred was really the last family Bruce had left, the last thing keeping him from being lost in his own darkness.
>>
So, in Dark Souls, if I took the Grounded Drawback and were to fall, could I save myself br wrapping Enkidu's chain around an object an pull myself up?
>>
>>51260907
>(which is just skeevy because of the age and power dynamic.)
He unironically said in in the jumpchain thread.
>>
>>51260835
I thought that was what Grey Jedi did.

I don't know much about the expanded universe though, so I'm probably wrong.
>>
>>51260951
It's a little skeevy, doesn't mean it's morally wrong. Just like my 4000 year old loli dragon and demon waifus aren't morally wrong, just questionable.
>>
>>51259147
Lois spent the night at his hotel and they got breakfast together. It's heavily implied.
>>
>>51260976
My ten year old Third Circle Demon waifus are Unquestionables. Sorry, just had to make that pun.
>>
>>51260926
This. Alfred's always been a sort of tether, keeping him from exhausting himself physically and mentally, acting as someone he can completely trust, and just in general being almost a father figure to Bruce. Hell, didn't he even say in the Injustice comics (different universe, I know) that he considered Alfred as something like a father? His death would remove all that, leaving Bruce a lot more vulnerable.
>>
File: 1474975137186.gif (1MB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474975137186.gif
1MB, 540x250px
>>51260615
Jump 10: Metroid - Vacation time's over, I guess.
Orgin: NO DATA FOUND
Perks:
Find My Way
Justice Will Previal
Pick Up the Pieces [900]
Noise in the Void [800]
This One Is Mine [600]
To Touch the Stars [300]
The Light of Aether [0]

Power Armor:
Life Support
Internal HUD
Suit Up
Armor Systems: Power Insulation System, Varia [1400sp], Ego Guardian Protocol [1300sp], Energy Transfer Module [1100sp], Light [800sp]
Weapon Systems: Arm Cannon, Power Beam, Charge Beam [700sp], Missiles [600sp], Light Beam [400sp], Dark Beam [200sp], Annhiliation Beam [100sp]
Visor Systems: Scan Visor
Movement Systems: Thruster System, Grapple Beam [0sp]

Items:
Spaceship
Recharge Station
Masked Identification Signal

Drawbacks:
Bottles? - Get that shit OUTTA here!

I was tempted to take Another but I feel like I don't need background PTSD on top of my already-existing one. Though I'm suited up for war, we spend more time exploring the outskirts of Federation territory than anything, with me marveling at (while being terrified of) space. It took a few minutes for it to sink in that we were in orbit over an earth-like planet that definitely looked like it dwarfed the little blue planet back home.

I never meet Samus, much as I want to. Things she visits have this funny habit of exploding. Constantly.
>>
>>51261014
I wonder how many people have loli demons.
>>
>>51260835
It depends. There are examples in the EU. But those are pretty substantial minority. The Dark Side is essentially powered by emo and you basically have three options: become increasingly more emo until you hit CRAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN levels, slowly transform into the Dark Lord of Edge and wow people with your nihilistic intelligence and wicked sense of humor, or go full hog and transform into a Saturday morning cartoon villain on the level of Snidley Whiplash.

You almost certainly could with the right perks, of course. But the Dark Side by its very nature is edgy and emo.
>>
File: amazon1474878639354.jpg (416KB, 630x890px) Image search: [Google]
amazon1474878639354.jpg
416KB, 630x890px
>>51261081
As someone who straight ticket votes Curvy Amazon, I am diametrically opposed to lolis.
>>
What are the best jumps to start WW3 in?
>>
>>51261149
Even if they're just daughterus?
>>
>>51261155
Any setting after WW2, but before WW3.
>>
>>51261155
Hellsing, Youtube, East vs West, Generic Video Game Designer, and Ring of Red.
>>
>>51260835
Yes, the Dark Side is about passion and emotion. Its just that it responds best to hateful emotions, and thus it creates a feedback loop for the power hungry and edgy. The wise can dip into it without that problem.
>>
File: amazon1478383803627.jpg (839KB, 800x1129px) Image search: [Google]
amazon1478383803627.jpg
839KB, 800x1129px
>>51261162
Yes. My daughterus will also be members of the Curvy Amazon Master Race.
>>
>>51261184
>that feeling when my own jump is recommended to me
>>
>>51261155
YouTube. It'll be great for your ratings if you run around doing war footage and commentary. With a decent build you should be able to film what you want without much risk.
>>
>>51261019
Jump 11: Kamen Rider Kabuto - This is...different.
Perks:
Grandmother Once Said...
Supreme Chef [900]
The Jumper Who Rules Everything [700]
The Path of Heaven [400] - Because sometimes, you need to take the wheel.

Items:
Here I Am [500]
Lord of the Speed [0]

Drawbacks:
If Jumper Is Stronger...[600]
Who Wrote This Show?! [700]
This Tastes Terrible! [800]

Tendou you smug prick I HATE YOU SO MUCH WHY DO YOU NEED MY SPACESHIP STOP GIVE IT BACK I FUCKING HATE YOOOOOOOOOU

Ahem. So I can go really fast now. I dunno how else to explain it, but we have to deal with sudden Worm attacks and drama, followed up by a cook-off with Tendou. He wins, of course. Fuck Tendou. I can see the theme of ‘really schizophrenic bullshit’ is still prevalant in everything I have to deal with. I'm also trying very hard not to think about the fact it's been 100 years since this nonstop bullshit started.

Clock Up plus all the sword shit I've stacked gives me a pretty hilariously unfair advantage against anything that isn't a Worm. Except Tendou. Fuck Tendou.

I don't think I can emphasize that enough. FUCK. TENDOU. SOUJI.

I've almost managed to survive my own jumps.
>>
>>51261197
Isn't the Dark Side literally cancer?
>>
>>51261155
Gundam SEED or Universal Century. The One Year War and the Bloody Valentine War are WW3 already, more or less. Just amp them up a bit.
>>
>>51261254
No? Not sure where you're getting that from.
>>
>>51261265

Probably from Palpatine looking like thousand year old mummified scrotum.
>>
File: Lolizon.jpg (356KB, 1010x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Lolizon.jpg
356KB, 1010x1400px
>>51261149
Pleb.
>>
>>51260530
Fuck Navigating the drive on my phone. Can someone please post KOTOR for me?
>>
>>51261285
That's mostly from Palpatine being a thousand year old level 20 space wizard.
>>
File: unlimited-power.gif (6MB, 471x200px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited-power.gif
6MB, 471x200px
>>51261106
>or go full hog and transform into a Saturday morning cartoon villain on the level of Snidley Whiplash
Which is clearly the best route, regardless. I mean, it's what Palatine went for, and look how powerful he was.
>>
>>51261015
Honestly if you look at things in that light, the whole thing makes a pretty good arc, albeit one that's not really brought up by the series.

Batman is Batman. Years go by. Alfred dies eventually, probably of old age, leaving Batman all alone.
Batman does the slow spiral, until his body finally starts to give out and forces himself to retire.
Having already killed most of his personal relationships with other superheros on account of being fucking Batman, he has no family or friends. Just a sad old man living alone, without any way to protect people as he wants to do, growing increasingly bitter.
Years go by. He meets this punk kid who's dad died. Shit happens and so he decides to teach him how to be Batman.
Bruce acts as a sortof replacement father to Terry, but he's kindof shit at it on account of all the years he spent alone drowning in his own bitterness. But still, he somehow manages to teach Terry to be a better person who saves people.

One day, Batman will die of old age, as well. But Terry still has his mom and his little brother. He's ultimately ahead of the game.
New generation and all that good stuff.
Though hopefully when that happens he'll find someone else to do his gadgets.

It's really more about Terry's story than Bruce.
>>
>>51261316
Too bad there's nowhere to obtain amazonian lolis in the chain. An endangered race.
>>
>>51261346

Him looking like a big old tumor with arms and legs does seem like a likely reason for someone to believe the Dark Side causes cancer though.
>>
>>51261265
Pretty sure that's Disney and Lucas' official stance when asked why "bringing balance to the Force" involved completely destroying one side of it. It's not natural, it's a corruption of the Force.
>>
>>51261106
I bet if you had some way to toggle your emotions, you could channel Dark Side powers through happiness or something.

Might make you seem like a psycho, tho.
Just laughing maniacally while casting lightning.
>>
>>51261379
>Completely destroying one side of it
But they totally failed at doing that. The Dark Side is still there just as much as before if not more. If anything the light is what got fucked.
>>
>>51261378
Yeah, but the Dark Side doesn't make you into a cancer lump. Look at Darth Talon.
>>
>>51261199

This pic always annoys me because it looks like her head is too tiny for the body
>>
>>51261418

I'm not saying it does though, just saying why that anon might have thought that while coming up with various ways to describe the emperor looking like a bloated zombie grandmother.
>>
>>51261416
Regardless, that's the canonical intention of the prophecy.
>>
>>51261397
Channeling the Force through happiness is the Light side.
>>
File: IMG_8672.jpg (65KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8672.jpg
65KB, 540x540px
>>51259897
Not him, but really, Bonesaw used a Tinkers memory tech to actually help do the process? Interesting, because Bonesaw's members of the Nine while with lower power, seemed to have the advantage of having different directions of wgere their powers went, at least with Mannequin, with her also mixing together other ones to create some scary amalgamations like the King+Hatchet Face. A jumper could potentially pull off their own "Jumper 10,000" by using even better personality recording tech, like the one in Biomega, Or even Sidonia No Kishi, and cloning perhaps a tinker or two and mix them all up and see what happens.
>>
>>51261377
Is there a tera jump?
>>
>>51261379
>Lucas
Is an idiot who isn't worth paying attention to. He barely knew what was going on in the EU.

>Disney
They declared Legends non-canon. They thus have no authority as to what's canon in Legends material. Their own material is a different setting, more or less.
>>
>>51259460
>>51259467
Thanks.

Speaking of which how would you define ordinary technology? If I wanted my world to be late 19th early 20th century do you think that would be allowed?
>>
>>51261493
That brings up a questions, though.
If you were a complete sociopath who couldn't empathize with other people at all and lighting motherfuckers up with electricity made you really happy would that be considered using the Light Side of the Force?
>>
>>51261520
I think that sounds fine. Deiselpunk fantasy is a fun genre.
>>
>>51261493
The Light side doesn't involve emotions.
>>
>>51261513
Nope, never got finished.
>>
>>51261378
Hey Bee, would you mind answering this? >>51260938
>>
File: 1479079697231.jpg (49KB, 342x265px) Image search: [Google]
1479079697231.jpg
49KB, 342x265px
>>51261232
Jump 12: Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3 - Part 3?! Why am I doing these out of order?! AAAAAAGH!
Perks:
For Their Smile
Caustic Co-Operative
Genius Gamer [900]
A Bright Crystal [800]
Game Clear [600]
Nothing I Cannot Cut [400]
Game On! [100]
Heart Surgeon [100]

Items:
GashatO! x1
Jumper x Rider Heisei Generations - Combine Gamer Driver with Zecter.[0]
Game Boy
Got Game? [200i]
Game Maker IX [0i] [400]

Drawbacks:
MVP [200]
Out of Gear [300]
No-Thank You [500]

Gashats:
Shooting Gamer
Samurai Gamer

My video game abilities can now translate to combat ability. Well, moreso than they could before. Not going to lie - being able to literally punch out someone's cancer is a really good feeling. Even if my emotions are out of whack for most of the jump. Almost makes me feel like an actual hero.

Actually...being able to successfully help people in general with my perks feels a lot more satisfying than just beating up bad guys all day. Previously, I just felt ineffectual and desperate to survive, but now I feel more confident. Worldly. If that makes any kind of sense? Needing to work hard for things here gives it a kind of satisfaction.

Anyways, according to the boss lady, I only have to do two more and then I'm off the hook. Then I can finally go home.

...that's what's gonna happen, right?
>>
File: 1473445708007.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473445708007.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51261149
>Not best women
>>
>>51261524
Dark Side. That's pretty much Sheev right there.
>>
>>51261550
Is there a WIP somewhere?
>>
>>51261519
I always preferred the philosophy (I forget which one it was. The Potentium, maybe) that there wasn't really a Dark Side or Light Side of the Force, just energy and the person using it. It's like Dresden Files magic: You twist it towards murder and it'll make you more murderhappy. You meditate on it as a monk for a thousand years and it makes you more monk like. It's just a reflection of the wielder.
>>
>>51261538
Yes it does. The prequel Jedi are just fucking idiots.
>>
>>51261594
Didn't most of those guys fall to the Dark Side though?
>>
>>51261584
Don't remember.
>>
>>51261567

I'm gonna have to say no, given you're still using an ability of yours to give yourself lift.
>>
>>51261594
I think that's part of the Unifying Force theory. That it's something that's a part of all of us that connects us, but is defined only by what we feel and believe. So it's the individual that makes something 'light side' or 'dark side', not an innate dichotomy of the force itself.
>>
>>51261685
Alright, what if instead of pulling myself up, I extended the chain until I touched ground?
>>
>>51261377
Just need to find a good magic system to make a custom lolifying spell. Then every Amazon you meet can be a Lolizon.
>>
>>51261747
It's no fun to MAKE people into what you want. It's the same as why custom companions are boring.
>>
>>51261316
So long as the Amazonian Lolis grow into Curvy Amazons, I'll allow it.

>>51261377
Life truly is suffering.

>>51261513
Unfortunately no.
>>
Is a trillion years too long to spend in a jump? What do I need to fight off stars and planets ending in said timeframe?
>>
>>51261795
THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER
>>
>>51261739

How do you mean? Like lowing yourself?
>>
>>51261818
OH NO!!!
>>
>>51261747
>eternal lolis
No
>>
Jumpers, what are some dickish but not necessarily evil things you've done that significantly changed a setting compared to what it was in canon?
>>
>>51261826
Yeah.
>>
>>51261795
C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R
>>
File: Wtf Woman.png (217KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wtf Woman.png
217KB, 480x480px
>>51261758
I don't know, anon. There's a certain satisfaction in making someone like Wonder Woman, or Dragon Crown's Amazon go "Why does everything seem so big? Why don't my clothes fit?" etc.
>>
>>51261818
Well, have you figured out how to reverse entropy yet?
>>
>>51261594
I do too, although I think the Potentium got it wrong. I prefer a combination of theories.

The Force isn't inherently good or evil. In its pure form, untouched by life, it has no intentions or will of its own. It's like a perfectly still lake which only moves when it's disrupted. Force sensitives are capable of disrupting the Force. This is an unnatural act and as they disrupt the Force with their thoughts and emotions it corrupts the energy towards their intentions. The Force as used by Jedi and Sith alike is inherently corrupt, twisted away from the serenity of its original state of perfect harmony. In this way it is impossible to channel the pure Force at all; the Jedi are no better than the Sith in this respect, their corruption is simply less destructive. The "light" and "dark" sides originate from within a person, not within the Force itself. The thoughts, intentions, and emotions of the user are what twist the Force towards an end and this corruption of the Force's still nature is reflected back onto them. For very powerful emotions this can result in a feedback loop if one isn't careful, resulting in what the Jedi refer to as "falling to the dark side." But the Jedi are just as corrupt as the Sith, only in a different way. They play with something that they don't understand. Their corruption is merely far more subtle.

It is impossible to avoid corruption by using the Force because twisting the Force itself to your will is a corrupt act. As noted, the act of using the Force at all corrupts you depending upon how you use it, strengthening traits based on what you used to disrupt it. It's a mirror which reflects whatever thoughts and emotions you poured into it back into you.
>>
File: 1475694626256.jpg (32KB, 599x537px) Image search: [Google]
1475694626256.jpg
32KB, 599x537px
>>51261574
Jump 13: Kamen Rider Neo Heisei Part 2.5: Gaim - ...fuck me.
Origin: Beat Rider
Perks:
Bust a Move - I can already dance better than most people in this show.
Dancing To Your Own Beat - Please ignore my barely-contained death threats.

...man, now I know how Fitzgerald feels.
>"If you know, why do you keep making fun of me?"
We make a good double act. Anyways, back to perks.

Through the Grapevine [900]
Don't Say No [700]
Just Live More [500]
Ranbu Escalation [200]

Items:
Sengoku Driver - Combined with Gamer/Zecter Driver. [100]
Fruit Basket - Strawberry, Orange
Tales of Triumph - Orange [0i]
Responsibility [0]

Companions:
Just An Observer

I hate all of you. So. Much. I'm only fighting on your side because I have no real solution for what will happen next. I'm so jaded I don't even care about the idea of claiming the Forbidden Fruit for myself. I'm just so. Done. At least I've got a snazzy driver and really unfair super speed to deal with the bullshit that comes my way.

My companions are just enjoying some time off before things go to hell, and then all of us need to get involved. It's a lot easier than I thought it'd be, just making sure Kouta does what he's supposed to, and I put up a really good fight when the Overlords showed up.

Though I can't help but feel like I forgot someth
>"Helloooooo, Jumper! I hear you're on a multiversal quest! Why don't I come along for the ride?"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>51261907
Taken over Taylor's body and turned her into a Third Circle Demon (Worm.)
Broke the Statute of Secrecy (Harry Potter.)
Took that one girls Sidereal Exaltation, reincarnated, then took her Infernal.
Ruined people's lives by releasing all their secrets (A lot of places.)
>>
>>51261980
The episode where they get turned into kids is hilarious.
>>
>>51261915

Using it that way to direct your fall is probably fine, just no stopping once you start and keep in mind you won't be going back up the same way.
>>
>>51261980
Wonderloli is a good pickup desu.
>>
>>51262049
She's all about Bruce though, dess.
>>
>>51262036
Alright, thanks.
>>
File: Edd & May.gif (494KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Edd & May.gif
494KB, 500x375px
>>51261907

In the Ed Edd n Eddy jump when the events of pic related occurred, I stopped Rolf from ending it and made sure he got hit by cupids as well. I wanted to see how everything with the new couples played out.

Needless to say, there was a surge of teen pregnancies in Peach Creek that I am now responsible for. I regret nothing.
>>
>>51262070
Not a problem if you join the Justice League early. Diana could easily instead develop a crush on you.
>>
>>51261204
is it a good feeling?
>>
File: IMG_0330.jpg (193KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.jpg
193KB, 850x1202px
>>51261199
Your daughter would probably be looking like Sakura Oogami.
>>
>>51262088
It'd be for the best. Bruce has commitment issues.
>>
>>51261990
Maybe? I mean, several genius perks & learning perks, the ability to ignore at least 1 law of physics, and millions of years of study might be enough, but that's just me assuming things. And assumptions are dangerous.
>>
>>51261204
>tfw that never happens
>>
>>51262096
Yes, indeed it is.
>>
File: 1472726186777.gif (1MB, 540x226px) Image search: [Google]
1472726186777.gif
1MB, 540x226px
>>51261795
> What do I need to fight off stars and planets ending in said timeframe?
The very simplest answer is that you need a spaceship that is capable of reaching and subsequently functioning indefinitely beyond the reach of the galaxy's gravitational pull. You basically have to be completely self sufficient. Like, COMPLETELY.
Ideally, you'd have some sort of "infinite <x>" fiat-backed item that you can then convert into needed products using, like, matter converters or other things. You need to be able to create your own food in limitless quantities using nothing but your own powers and what's in your warehouse.
You'll also have to be able to make repairs over the eons to your ship under nothing but your own power.

But, like, assuming you have enough fiat-backed bullshit to manage that, it technically doesn't require anything much more amazing. There's no super trick to it. It's just a literal trillion year patch job staving off death in the wake of a long dead universe.
In fact, if you've got infinite resources, you could probably use all that free time to build some hugeass fucking dyson sphere or something. Fill it with your own creations to keep you company, maybe.
It'd probably be pretty boring.

Also, I think you need some way to stay actually stationary or otherwise autocorrect your momentum in the black, as opposed to moving as the galaxies and stars currently do. Otherwise you'll eventually speed up enough to reach heat death.
Might be wrong, though.
>>
>>51262120
I though you were referencing The Last Question, by Asimov.
Nevermind.
>>
>>51262108
>goodgood.bison
>>
>>51260749
How do you find that working out, relatively?
>>
>>51262177
I was. That's a different guy who answered you.
>>
>>51262151
Spaceship it is, then.

>>51262177
I may have misinterpreted your response as being a misquote. My bad.
>>
>>51262108
Bulk is okay, but face is borked, and proportions are off. So, close to what I'm thinking but far off enough that you get a ribbon not a medal.
>>
Could I use Real Eater on Dramatic Foil so that it works with friendly rivals instead of hated rivals?
>>
>>51262111
Nah famalam Bruce just has issues.
>>
>>51261795
>>51261818
>>51261990
That's a good question actually, how do we circumvent the Heat Death of the universe?

I can't end my chain without having acquire the power to prevent/survive the end of existence.

Maybe First Magic and some sort of infinite power source, like the one from Supreme Commander?
>>
>>51262028
>Taken over Taylor's body and turned her into a Third Circle Demon (Worm.)
Huh, interesting... Why though?
>>
File: 1441866395677.jpg (88KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1441866395677.jpg
88KB, 768x768px
>>51262026
Jump 14: Madoka Magica: Wraith Timeline - What, am I just going along Urobuchi's popular works, now?! THROW IN FUCKING SAYA NO UTA FOR ALL I CARE. I AM DONE. I AM FUCKING -DONE-.
Perks:
Exact Words
Keep It Cool
Magical Magpie [900]
More Powerful Than Hope...[700]
Hidden Power [100]
Nothing Special [0]

Magic:
Soul Gem
Weapon - Katana because I am weeb trash.
Dimensional Inventory - Warehouse version [800m]
Rewind [500m]
Stop Time [100m]
Enhanced Dexterity [0m]

Items:
School Papers
Strange Apartment
Stolen from the Yakuza

Yeah I get that I'm basically a Homura without a crippling need for acceptance and the happiness of a single person, but I don't care. The ability to stop time adds to the pile of unfair abilities I have when I just don't feel like fighting something mano-a-mano. Which is a lot. I think I've seen more combat in this chain than most soldiers see in a fucking lifetime, especially after this one. I meet the cast a few times. Nice girls.

But that's it. This is the last one. I am DONE. I am going home and I am taking all of my new stuff with me. Fuck this. Fuck jumping. Fuck adventures. Fuck. All. Of. It.

Toss me jumps to roll. Also, I hope someone is having fun with this? Jumping all of my stuff in the order I made it was...interesting, putting it lightly. And very difficult early on.
>>
>>51262265
「No.」
「Real Eater won't work if you use it like that.」
>>
>>51261322
Here you go, KOTOR Anon posted it recently: >>51204112
>>
>>51262293
Another big issue is whether heat death is what you'll have to worry about, and not the big crunch or big rip.
>>
>>51262297
Because I took the drawback and felt kind of akward about taking over someone's body when they aren't just me in a different world.
>>
>>51261980
You know if i was going to do the whole loli OC "actually 300 years old", "adult transformation". "I'M NOT A PEDO I SWEAR!" It would be a this.
>>
>>51262304
Exalted - Infernals, Kerbal Space Program, and GUNNM.
>>
>>51262304
Megaman Classic
JoJo
Generic Children's Television

I'm having lots of fun.

>>51262337
Oh, okay. What's with the Stands?
>>
>>51262304
>>51262349
Also, yes, these are quite amusing.
>>
>>51262304
Drakengard, Nechronica.
>>
>>51262293
With enough machines made using The Laws are Mine from Van Helsing, you could keep a universe running forever, by just having them spew out matter and energy.
Eventually the average temperature of the universe would rise (and there'd be a lot more stuff, like everywhere), so you'd need to also make machines that destroy matter and energy.

There's no way this plan can go wrong.
>>
>>51262201
It makes jumps a lot more enjoyable, at least for me. I'll save up CP if I want to buy more in another jump, giving up perks in some jumps so that I can spend that CP in others. It makes it more enjoyable to me because it means that I'm not constantly taking drawbacks for the sake of getting more points. I can focus on planning out with what I actually do in the jump without having to do mental gymnastics around the drawbacks to get all that cool shit. I can still take drawbacks, of course, but I don't get any CP from them. So it becomes a game of giving up things I don't want or need as much for things that I'll definitely want later on. I find it more interesting, anyway.

I also run a rule where I have no companion limit and can import them all into a setting for free but they get no CP and no perks beyond what's absolutely necessary to survive. They're reincarnated as random people within that world with no rhyme or reason and we don't all conveniently start in the same place or even know where the others are. And if they die in the jump they don't just pop back up. They're dead until the next jump.
>>
>>51262340
Right. Better be prepared for all eventualities.
>>
>>51262304
Persona.)
>>
>>51262304
>>
>>51261795
>>51262151
Heat death is on the order of quadrillion or quintillions of years away. It's not something you have to deal with in a measly trillion years. Hell, even when most of the universe is dead, there will be Black Holes and Brown Dwarves releasing radiation. Technically it's possible to have life near a dwarf star. Rare cosmic events will also cause the temporary existence of isolated, more normal solar systems with the normal order of planets.
>>
>>51262293
> That's a good question actually, how do we circumvent the Heat Death of the universe?
Circumvent like, "dodge around", or circumvent like, "actually stop"?
Because if all you want to do is survive, then see: >>51262151

I mean, technically speaking, just because everything else is dying out, that doesn't mean you can't SAVE people. If you go with the dyson sphere idea and make it big enough, you could drag people off of other planets and shit and have them live with you.
Hell, if your travel ability is fast enough, you could even just wait until their planets are dying and then pop in to save them. It'd probably make selling the whole "come live with me in the darkness beyond existence!" thing a lot easier.

But if you're actually trying to PREVENT it?
The only person I know of personally who specifically mentions trying to stop that kind of shit would be Kyubey, from Madoka Magica. If he is to be believed, he has some method of injecting more energy into the universe so that it won't die off. And Kyubey isn't known to lie... he just... doesn't always tell the whole truth.
So, like... I dunno. Probably buddy up to him, maybe look into alternative energy sources.
Or don't. Y'know.
Whatever works for you.
>>
File: Kyubey.jpg (61KB, 813x668px) Image search: [Google]
Kyubey.jpg
61KB, 813x668px
>>51262293
What you want is the drop-in tree from the new Modoka Wraith Arc jump.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>51262349
>>51262368
>>51262382
>>51262411
>>51262425
1. Undertale
2. Exalted - Infernals
3. Kerbal Space Program
4. GUNNM
5. Megaman Classic
6. Jojo
7. Generic Children's Television
8. Drakengard

Included a suggestion from the IRC. The rest are stored.
>>
>>51262454
Incubators need to go and stay go.
>>
>>51262304
Custom Robo and Supcom.
>>
File: GreatestAlly.png (51KB, 1288x274px) Image search: [Google]
GreatestAlly.png
51KB, 1288x274px
>>51262488
>>
>>51262479
To Undertale with you, good sir! Now go and make friends with the cast!
>>
>>51262368
>What's with the Stands?
Anon was referencing Medaka Box, where Real Eater is from. The character Kumagawa always spoke like that to represent his insincerity.
>>
>>51262518
Oh, okay. Thanks anon.
>>
>>51262265
Frankly comes off as effectively removing the cost of the power, so probably not.
>>
>>51261994
>In its pure form, untouched by life

Uh, isn't that kinda like saying "gravity, in its pure form, untouched by mass"?

>This is an unnatural act
>is inherently corrupt

Huh? Intelligent life being able to interact with a fundamental aspect of the universe it evolved in is unnatural and corrupt... how?
>>
>>51262541
But you'd still have to match their power initially, train to keep up with them, and fight them. It's just that now, you don't want them dead.
>>
>>51262558
Not really, some theories of the force have it as an innate aspect of the universe, not a product of parasites.
>>
>>51262504
As someone who knows the terms of the deal, yeah I'd totes become a magical girl.
I mean someone has to deal with the witches/wraiths and if it's not Anon who will it be?
Hurt me more Urobuchi. I want it.
>>
>>51262345
>Season
Excellent taste.

>>51262607
You DO know where witches come from, right?
>>
>>51262624
He knows, he wants the pain, look at the spoiler.
>>
>>51262624
I do know, I even have a neat little mnemonic device.
Witches come from bitches who can't take their stiches.
>>
>>51262558
All life is connected to the Force but not all life has the ability to affect it.

Basically the theory is that Force sensitives are doing something which was never intended. They're changing the Force by channeling it with their thoughts and emotions. The simple act of channeling the Force corrupts it because it becomes tainted with their intentions, destroying its impartial stillness.
>>
>>51262582
But that's what I meant. Gravity's an innate aspect of the universe, but it only has consequence in the presence of mass.

>>51262668
>never intended
So the theory is that someone created a universal force with the express intent of it never being used?
>>
>>51262570
Yes, so you're replacing a risk intrinsic to the power with mild inconvenience.
>>
>>51262390
I mean, what just stops you from going to sitcom or Generic Sugar Bowl, not buying anything, then going to DC Occult or Infernals or Fate/ and buying everything?
>>
>>51261994
That also neatly explains some Jedi philosophy. It's not about avoiding corruption, it's about being corrupted in a way that doesn't hit as hard by going for balance and harmony.
>>
>>51262725
Not the OP, but the idea of living for ten years in a world where laugh tracks are an inherent aspect of the universe stops me going to Sitcom, because I like my sanity, and I happily spent 950 CP in Generic Sugar Bowl (hmm, I'd probably only spend 800 there if I could save my points between jumps).
>>
>>51262783
Not him, but you're missing the point. Or being deliberately obtuse.
What's stopping you from taking whatever easy/safe jump to stockpile CP for one of the really high power ones?
>>
>>51262816
Wanting to have fun presumably.
>>
>>51262717
No, the theory is that the Force came about as a natural part of the universe and that Force sensitives are feeding their thoughts and emotions into it and distorting its nature in the process. All Force use is corrupt because it's not what the original Force is, it's the Force being twisted towards the ends of the user.

>>51262769
Exactly. The Jedi don't fully understand what they're doing, of course, but their Order has evolved in a way which causes the least destructive corruption by focusing on balance and the channeling of the Force through pure willpower and emotional detachment.
>>
>>51262725
What stops me from exploiting my own house rule?
Not being a horrible munchkin.
>>
>>51262863
No, that's not allowed in Jumpchain. Get your dick out and start wanking.
>>
>>51262863
But what's your definition of exploiting?
>>
Would shadow clones only have your Naruto abilities or would they have your magical and physical powers from other jumps, too?
>>
>>51262939
Whatever makes for a less interesting narrative.
>>
File: 1475675762515.png (88KB, 1200x350px) Image search: [Google]
1475675762515.png
88KB, 1200x350px
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>51262304
Jump 15: Undertale - Guess that was wishful thinking.
Origin: Fallen Human [800]
Perks:
Summon Annoying Dog
Determination
ACT [700]
MERCY [500]
SAVE The World [200]

Items:
Heart Locket [0]

Falling down seems like a consistent theme in this journey. It also has become clear that the ‘go home’ and ‘stay’ buttons may as well be clown noses for all the use they have. I can't escape this decade-long purgatory. I don't know if I'm cursed or did something to deserve this, but the one who's sending me along sure as hell isn't talking.

That smug asshole Sagara is equally evasive about answers and help, especially as I land facefirst in the Underground. Not even a few minutes later:
“Hi, I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower! Golly, you must sure be confheywaitcomeback!”
A few time stops later and I end up bumping into Toriel.

From there, imagine if you played Undertale normally but stopped and found a place to hide in Snowdin. I'd rather let Frisk deal with what's to come. They do a really good job, so I'm not bothered by this. Papyrus and Sans are a lot of fun to hang out with, even if Sans is noticeably uncomfortable around me whenever his brother isn't present. Probably sees my LOVE rating.

I should probably camp with Naptsablook when Frisk shows up.

1. Nechronica
2. Exalted - Infernals
3. Kerbal Space Program
4. GUNNM
5. Megaman Classic
6. Jojo
7. Generic Children's Television
8. Drakengard
>>
Reminder to destroy Bosnia, Kosovo, and Albania post-spark.
>>
>>51262839
>No, the theory is that the Force came about as a natural part of the universe
Does that means it's like other fundamental forces such as gravity, electricity, the weak and strong nuclear forces, etc?

>All Force use is corrupt because it's not what the original Force is, it's the Force being twisted towards the ends of the user.
Because if the answer to the above is yes, then does that mean using electricity via magnetism and copper wires is a corrupt act? Or is it only if I do so via a biological mechanism, like an electric eel?
>>
>>51263046
How would that help anyone? Also you can do it pre-spark quite easily.
>>
>>51263047
I don't know. Does the Warp qualify as a fundamental force?
>>
>>51261575
Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Never see anyone talk about this.
>>
>>51260534
Yes, jumpmakers who put powerless drawbacks in their jumps suffer from creative sterility. Who knew?
>>
>>51262454
>new Modoka Wraith Arc jump
Cool! Do you know where I can find it?
>>
>>51263086
>Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Never see anyone talk about this.
Well, we don't have a jump of it. That may be why.
>>
>>51262972
Fanwank something?
Personally i go with Naruto abilities and Bodymod Body only, if only for the sake of balance.
They're already powerful enough, especially if you focus on having high chakra reserves (who doesn't, they're cheap?).
>>
>>51263047
Do you channel electricity with the power of hatred only for electromagnetism to reflect that hatred back into you?
>>
>>51262293
I don't know, but when you figure it out, make sure to flaunt it to the Worm Entities.
>>
>>51263133
Apologies, I mean i don't see it anywhere even /a/
>>
>>51263181
I don't know what Worm Entities are. Are you trying to trick me or..?
>>
>>51262725
For my own alt-chain, the rules are designed to prevent exploitation.
Unless I write enough about a jump, I have to roll for the next jump. So If I visit a boring world, it's harder to write about, and harder to ensure the next place I visit has what I want to buy.
There's also a 1000 CP savings cap. Any unspent CP over that is lost.
Most importantly, jumps too far below the current power level of the jumper do not grant CP.
>>
>>51263303
They're from worm and are searching for exactly what you are. If you have it, they will try and kill you and take it.
>>
>>51263181
That's still bad fanon. They care about the universe running out of space for more Cycles because of their exponential growth, not heat death.
>>
>>51260296
>She doesn't have many redeeming qualities
A demure girl whose entire life for the past decade or so has been one of torture and rape. She should be emotionally broken, by psychology the onset of black hat Stockholm Syndrome should be kicking in at this point, but she has somehow got enough willpower to bury herself in apathy during the acts of torture and rape, and hold on to the hope that she will be saved. Sakura, a victim of circumstances beyond her control, has enough willpower to do this day in and day out in spite of the constant emotional and physical pressures she i under. She has been proven wrong before, Fate/Zero's Berserker Master failed her in the end, and thus shouldn't really trust that anyone can save her but she holds on to hope. She is optimistic in a way most people can't empathize with and I guess you being unsympathetic is the kind of thing I'd expect from the average person.
After all it's her fault right?
>Because /she's/ a rape magnet
Like she gets a choice, it's called rape for a reason. Also I revile the emphasis that you place on her being the one in the wrong here like she has a choice as a victim that has a bomb strapped to her soul.
>full of gross worms
She didn't put them there and can't stop the hundreds of years old magus who did.
>is a big slut
A person on a high end aphrodisiac is also highly promiscuous to the point of 'slutty' actions. It's like this was engineered to create an end point...
>and corrupts/kills a bunch of servants even if it was caused by her flipping out from rape trauma.
Sort of the the endpoint of all of Zouken's decade of psychological conditioning that she managed to fight off multiple times.
>She doesn't have many redeeming qualities
She has willpower in spades, she has an outstanding love and affection for those she cares for, she's achingly optimistic in her hopes.
>pity only goes so far.
I don't think you quite grasp what you are saying, which is why I'm pointing all this out.
>>
>>51263303
nope that's pretty much the Endgame for them that and figuring out how to contain a infinite amount of mass. but like>>51263344
said they don't want to share
>>
>>51263062
It removes kebab. Everything is improved without kebab.
>>
>>51263084
Pretty much.

>>51263180
No, but I could if I had evolved to do so, or with sufficient genetic engineering abilities.

Basically, my problem with the theory is that it uses subjective terms like "unnatural" and "corrupt" to describe interactions with what it also claims is an objective universal mechanism, conflating the interaction itself with how intelligent life subjectively perceives the possible consequences of the interaction.

... I think I phrased that properly?
>>
File: trigun jump nika.png (420KB, 696x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trigun jump nika.png
420KB, 696x1200px
Jump 23: Trigun

>Origin: Independant Plant (600 CP)

Perks:
>Love and Peace! (Free)
>Hard Puncher (100 CP)
>Shoot to Maim (100 CP)
>Until I find ‘Him’ (200 CP)
>Technical Pacifism (200 CP)
>The Lowdown (200 CP)

Companions:
>Vash The Stampede (400 CP)
Holy shit, it's Vash. It's him. Join my team. Now.

Items
>.45 Colt (Free.) Don’t really need it because I have a better gun but it’s mandatory so eh. Gonna have to write about how I got Knives's gun somehow this because my jumper isn't the type of person to magpie weapons from people.

>Donuts (Free)
BUT THIS. This is AWESOME. Vash probably eats them all before I can but I don’t really care, if he’s happy I’m happy.

Drawbacks:

>Gung Ho Guns Part II (+300)
I hated Legato anyway, but I was going to try to get rid of him through a nonviolent method. Usually via Summon Annoying Dog or using my singing to stop his mind control and give him a massive headache. In fact, I solved a lot of problems in Trigun with singing. Guess those singing perks paid off. Although Katsumi flipped out and killed him for the deeds he did because she didn't want him to hurt anyone else. She always did struggle with anger issues, but Legato made her especially upset because she saw what he was putting me, her mother, through. It was not a happy time for any of us. Vash was especially upset with her.

>Tapestry of Scars (+200)
July Incident really, really screwed up my body thanks to the collateral damage (This happened in the backstory). Vash had to help me out. Ended up travelling around with him because I had nowhere else to do. Shortly before merging with my Trigun self I lost an arm in an unrelated accident, so I got a prosthetic arm post-merging.

>Never Could Have Been Worse (+400, although CP limit makes it +300)
Honestly, I think that jumper me needs the character development. They've been quietly trying to avoid massive screw-ups so this'll help them deal with the fuckups.

Some more writing stuff is incoming
>>
>>51263043

Hey, in Madoka Wraith, if you drop in, does it mean you never contracted with Kyubey and just get it all directly from Jump-chan?

If you take the weasel drawback does it change your backstory? Like, were you always a magical catweasel, or did contracting turn you into one somehow?

Is the OC Homura a yan?
>>
Is there any perk that allows you to attack a being through its avatars?
>>
Jump # 172 Who framed Roger Rabbit
Background: Drop-In Toon (300)
Staring location: Toon Town

Perks:
*He’s a Toon (0)
*Make em’ Laugh (100)
*I’m not bad I’m just drawn that way (150, Discount)

Items:
*Jumpchain the animated series (0)
*Business (150, Discounted)

Comanions
*Companion Import (300)

Companions:
Akitsu, Arcueid, Tamamo, Dove
Background: Drop In Toon
Perks:
He’s a toon
Im not bad Im just drawn that way
Make Em’ Laugh
Equipment
*Minibar

Alice, Bianca, Rosa, Raine
Background: Drop In Toon
Perks:
*He’s a Toon
*Disney Dexterity
*I’m not bad I’m drawn that way
Equipment:
*Quality Art Supplies

There is something about seeing new companions on their first jump out of their home world that makes it all brand new again. Seeing their wonder at a new world, their nervousness when as they adapt to new situations, and sharing in the joy of their new successes. It was good to be able to free Bianca, Rosa and Raine from that world, even if it had gotten better also they had grown close to Alice so I didn’t have the heart to separate them.

I tried to save Marvin Acme. He seemed like a good guy and I didn’t want him to die. I actually succeeded in chasing off the Judge. I didn’t know those damn Weasels were about. When I returned the weasels had already ran and Acme was dying. I managed to save his life with a quick spell but before I could do anything else I heard someone coming and had to hide.

(to be continued)
>>
>>51263404
Presumably.

Fanwank it.

If you want them to be.
>>
>>51263352
They started the cycle in the first place to figure out how to reverse entropy.
>>
>>51263416
The judge was very insistent that Roger was the suspect. I also noticed there were a few less Weasels about with him. Likely they helped with the final testing of the Dip. As Eddie and Roger rabbit were on the run from the remaining I wound up guarding Acme. I let my wives keep an eye on them. The Judge made his move on Acme… it is a damn good thing I have supernatural senses, he was disguised as a Nurse… and convincing *shudder*. We had a quick fight and damn toon reality warping is terrifying. I was not expecting that level of BS. I let him get away. I knew where he was running.

His goons had managed to capture Eddie and Roger. He had to make them disappear if he was going to salvage his plans. He couldn’t resist gloating to Eddie and even showing his true face… which was what I had been waiting for.

Then everything went wrong for the Judge… it was like Invisible person with magic and Jedi powers was just tripping them, pushing them in to things and dropping stuff on them. Eddie got free when his bonds turned out to not be tied anymore. The Judge went for dip with Eddies help, Jessica rushed in to save them only to find things pretty well resolved and revealed that she had been blackmailed and had Acme’s will which thankfully wasn’t needed.

Once Acme recovered he decided as much as he loved toon town he had things he wanted to do and he wanted to make sure that the toons were taken care of. He gave Toon town to the toons and retired. Eddie actually wound up becoming friends with Roger rabbit and forgave toons for the actions of one toon psychopath. With that he seemed to get his humor back.
>>
>>51263353
Her history isn't a redeeming feature of her as a person. As I said, pity only goes so far.

I didn't say any of it was her fault, but again, you are basing your like and your perceived value of her as a human being ENTIRELY around pity. You like her because she was abused. Not for who she is, but what happened to her. Because in the end, there isn't much to her as a human being.
>>
Is there anything that has the same universally destructive capability of the fourth magic? Balefire is out because I don't want to retroactively destroy anything, but besides that I have no ideas.
>>
>>51263431

Thanks for the answers.

Nice job on the jump btw. It's pretty rad when jumps offer fleshed-out OC companions like that. I took all four of yours.

...Though now I'm stuck for ten years as a catweasel who's constantly being shipped with people, and I have to handle my bow and arrows using prehensile ears. This is gonna be an interesting jump.
>>
>>51263377
Subjectivists should be gassed.
>>
>>51263554
I hear Pact has some pretty great demons for that. Sadly lacks a jump yet.
>>
>>51263580
That's subjective.
>>
>>51263443
>Her history isn't a redeeming feature of her as a person.
Please read my post again. Her background is only to help frame here good feature which I explicitly listed.
>She has willpower in spades, she has an outstanding love and affection for those she cares for, she's achingly optimistic in her hopes.
>>
>>51263416
What a repulsive furry.
>>
>>51263554
The Ragna Blade and Giga Slave from Slayers.

They're Black Magic spells that summon the Lord of Nightmares, who is basically Azathoth from Lovecraft, and completely obliterates everything they touch to absolute nothingness. The Giga Slave itself is a universe destroying spell if used correctly, although it can be scaled down to basically any area. And losing control over it for even a moment, or else the Lord of Nightmares becoming curious about somebody tugging on her eyelash, could potentially result in the Lord of Nightmares possessing your body and destroying reality.
>>
>>51263595
What good features? "She doesn't love Zouken." and "She likes Shirou." aren't reflections of her character at all. You think her feelings about a few people are enough to make a person?
>>
>>51263043
>>51262304
>Madoka Magica: Wraith Timeline

hey Heavens what's the latest version? The one on the drive is 0.1
love you btw
>>
>>51263647
She has utterly incredible willpower and will go through basically infinite pain to keep those she loves from harm aren't character traits?
>>
File: vash is cool.png (6MB, 2032x2422px) Image search: [Google]
vash is cool.png
6MB, 2032x2422px
>>51263398
I may have made this into a Trigun musical because I solved most of my problems in the Trigun jump with singing. People wanted to attack us? Sing at them. Legato mind controlling people? Sing at them and give him a massive headache at the same time. Vash’s Angel Arm nearly firing in Augusta? Sing at him. Die horribly and painfully doing that. Come back thanks to a 1up.

Vash wasn’t entirely happy with seeing what Fourth Verse did to me (Put me through searing pain that made me cry) and made me swear not to use it since he didn’t want me getting hurt by the song. (We were dating during the jump from the get-go. What? He's a cheerful guy. He's just a big ball of sunshine. Who wouldn't like him?)

I told Vash everything, and reassured him that I was still the Nika he knew, just with weird powers. I told Millie, Meryl, and Wolfwood about my powers when they were all gathered around.

Here's what happened when I chopped off my fingers to prove a point.

http://pastebin.com/3eK45im4

Also Vash started acting all lovey-dovey when I gave him the Blank Ring from Captain Planet, going "Aww, Nika, I think we should wait before getting...married~!" I told him it was just an ordinary ring. But his Element became the Element of Peace. Which basically protected us even more from danger.

Helped save Wolfwood, took care of Legato, and then...had to deal with Knives.
>>
>>51263661
Because I'll probably be adding a minor update today involving Madoka.

Also I'm allergic to changing a jump to 1.0.
>But what about Kamen Rid-
Digger insisted.
>>
>>51263682
That she didn't give into Stockholm syndrome says nothing about her as a person.
>>
>>51263595
That's probably rapist anon from last thread. Or the guy that hates Tamamo.
>>
>>51262721
Except that's you wanting them dead, not the other way around. So you could fight someone and have them not take you seriously while you want to kill them.
>>
>>51263712
This has nothing to do with Stockholm Syndrome. This is "She literally keeps the devil inside her by sheer force of will so the person she loves won't be hurt."
Even at her worst Sakura is trying to keep Shirou safe and alive.
>>
>>51263762
But it does. Your claim of her willpower involves her not giving into it, as stated in your first post. I also acknowledged your point that she likes Shirou. The thing is, these don't make her much of a person. They're one trait and one lack amongst as sea of nothing. That's not enough to endear you to a person, is my entire point. She's not anything outside of it, except what's done to her and how she reacts to that, which is all negative. That's why people don't like her. She's a victim of a bunch of nasty shit, who does nasty shit, and you pity her for it because it's not her fault, but she doesn't end up being enough of a person for you to like her for herself.
>>
>>51262280
Yeah. That's more accurate.
>>
>>51263762
I suspect this other anon is attempting (and failing) to troll you by intentionally misunderstanding or ignoring your arguments. I may not like Sakura, but you've already explained your position well enough that I can see why you would.
>>
>>51263584
You don't want to go to Pact until you have a way to fight reality head-on and win.

It is not a nice place, and it's worth putting off until you're able to brute-force change things.
>>
>>51262488
Kyuubey is saving everyone's asses tho.
>>
>>51262454
Incubation of the Soul? Does it actually allow you to negate entropy somehow? Seems like there are better power sources than the emotions of adolescent girls.
>>
>>51263647
In addition to basically ignoring character traits you also ignore some other traits.

While Sakura is outwardly shy, soft-spoken and eager to please, she possesses a great inner strength. As noted by Shirou, she can also be openly stubborn at times. She has friends in school and most of the archery club have a positive outlook on her. She is a person who has continued to live in spite of her fragility

>>51263838
>>51263712 & >>51263762 Is a different person with a different argument for debate, Anon. I am >>51263595 nonetheless they also bring up decent points.
>That's why people don't like her.
I personally believer you may be projecting here.
>She's a victim of a bunch of nasty shit, who does nasty shit, and you pity her for it because it's not her fault, but she doesn't end up being enough of a person for you to like her for herself.
Her character traits are a nigh endless willpower in the face of overwhelming odds, an ability to feel love and hope in spite of the emotional abuses piled up upon her, and her ability to still maintain friends who have no knowledge of here troubles. She's an intrinsically decent person who is in a shitty life but besides that she's doing better than some social outcasts who have less to complain about and do worse than her.
>>
>>51263975
Except when he screws everything up (i.e. Rebellion, and also what would have happened if Madokami wasn't able to save herself from becoming a Witch)
>>
Hey, /jc/, I would like some clarification on the Forgotten Realms jump. Specifically:

Forlorn of Men +300CP: If there is more than one humanoid within 30' of you, you suffer from a panic attack.

What does this mean in DnD terms? Do I just suffer from a high-level fear effect? Or is it just 'you suffer from everything WebMD sayd a panic attack includes?'
>>
>>51263975
Kyuubey s saving everyone according to the words of Kyuubey who we all know is an utterly trustworthy source and would never twist words.
For all we know he's "fighting entropy" by using that energy to run space toasters.
>>
>>51263975
Or so it claims.
Not to mention that it's not actually saving anyone. It's theoretically saving life that may or may not exist in a future so far away we can't even comprehend the timescale, assuming it's telling the truth.
All the while tricking children into selling their souls and setting them up for a trauma conga line to harvest them for energy.
>>
>>51264060
Mild panic is something like a -2 to all rolls, average rolls are a 10-11 and with a +1-8 average to each roll. Fear effects don't 'stack' so to speak but when in one you move further down a latter of fear which makes worse and worse effects happen until about three additional fear effects just make you run from what you're scared of. This is all I can recall from a fight with a dragon at one point a decade ago when I played D&D on the reg.
>>
>>51263879
I just don't think Sakura has much of a character. The entire argument is about WHY people don't like her.

>>51264030
I mean, here I'm seeing you define her by her relationships with others. Her archery team likes her. Shirou likes her. You say she's shy and a pushover. That's not really an endearing set of traits either, it actively undermines her ability to be a person on her own.

>I personally believe you may be projecting
Then why do you think people don't like her? This line of conversation was sparked by someone asking that, and my response to it.

I don't see how feeling hope or having friends means you're a decent person, not of themselves. And again, the later is a method of defining her by other people.
>>
>>51263615
Well... I was a bit leery to post that pic. I didn't want to go with just Jessica Rabbit, I wasn't thrilled with it but didn't find anything else I really liked. Sorry you didn't like it.
>>
>>51263702
Could you answer >>51264024
>Does Incubation of the Soul actually allow you to negate entropy somehow?
>>
>>51263687
We were camping on the road. I decided to take Katsumi with me personally instead of having my companions wait in the Warehouse while I travelled. I figured that if she spent more time with Vash, she'd understand his point of view or at least like him enough to avoid killing people while he was around. She made no attempt to befriend him, however.

Vash tried to make small talk with her, but it was plain that he really wasn't into it. He always stayed away from her. Stuffy, awkward silence always seemed to fill meals.
I breathed to myself. "Okay...work." I muttered. I pulled Katsumi aside and pushed a football in her hands.

"Go play catch with Vash and talk to him. Be nice. Get to know him and try to see things his way." I said, in my sweetest tone. "He's going to be come with us after the ten years here are up, so please try to be his friend."

"I can't respect him." She replied. "He's a giant pushover."

"No, he's not. He's been through a lot. He's choosing to be nice, no matter what." It was a special football that I got from The Room. It would smooth things over between them enough for them to have a conversation.

Vash and Katsumi left off to go play catch while I did the dishes with the infinite water machine from Terraria. In the dimly setting sun, all seemed well. The two were getting along and talking.

I walked away from the camp to dispose of my trash. With a flick of my hand and a snap of my fingers, the trash lit up. I smiled as I pictured my Planeteer buddies from Captain Planet gasping at my burning trash. Not an environmentally safe disposal, but I didn't care. I liked the fire.

Something moved behind me. I yanked out the .45 Long Colt and pointed at the darkness. A finger snapped.

Green sparks flew from my gun.
>>
>>51264024
Thats actually the whole point of the series. Magic is the only system that makes more energy than is used in making it. As such theoretically speaking outside of a long term jumper project it's the most straight forward method of more energy given than is taken in we have. The Laws are Mine could do it, but the project to save the universe probably would be gigantic.
>>
>>51264164
>I mean, here I'm seeing you define her by her relationships with others. Her archery team likes her. Shirou likes her. You say she's shy and a pushover. That's not really an endearing set of traits either, it actively undermines her ability to be a person on her own.
Have you ever heard the old phrase "A man is not a an Island." human studies have proven that most humans are social creatures and that their interactions with others help define them. I have said that she is shy and soft spoken, but also strong of will and sometimes stubborn. She's a nice girl with a positive outlook and all of these things have been dismissed. I understand that you don't agree with my opinions but dismissing evidence because you don't believe it is evidence is somewhat of a lacking argument.
>Then why do you think people don't like her? This line of conversation was sparked by someone asking that, and my response to it.
I personally don't think that everyone does not like here or likes here or even feels neutral to here. I personally feel that projecting my own feelings on others is foolish when others have their own opinions. I can engage in social discourse with people who disagree with me but in the end two individuals can still end up having a difference of opinions.
>>
Hey Valeria are we able to take special versions of class skills like Tamamo's Sun Shower item creation as if they were that class skill.
>>
>>51264164
>You say she's shy and a pushover

Nigga, that's like. Your opinion, man.

Godammit, it's a fuckin' VN. Why is it so hard for some people to understand the standards for liking characters in those are so bottom-tier Nasu's prose is already relatively top-tier?
>>
>>51263398
Wait, somebody finished the Trigun jump? All I see is the old WIP.
>>
>>51264398
The perk doesn't say if it actually works like that.
There's nothing about creating energy in the whole jump AFAIK.
After all some anons seem to think everything Kyubey says is bullshit.
>>
I think x-men moves got deleted somehow.
>>
>>51264558
Is this some sort of a new trolling scheme where people claim random jumps are deleted?

Is want I want to say, but it really IS deleted. What the hell?
>>
I think Pokemon got deleted somehow. I can't find it under complete with images.
>>
>>51264701
Quicksilver's jumps
>>
>>51264701

It's in the Quicksilver Folder dood.
>>
>>51264679
On mobile now, so I can't check. But I had recently uploaded an update, so if I were to guess, then I'd say something happened with that.
>>
>>51264308
My arm remained normal. I fired off in the inky darkness. I figured it was Knives. Only he could set off the trigger in the gun. How the hell did he get all the way here?

"You're a plant, but you don't even have an Angel Arm? You're just as worthless as a human." He said. "I can't have you running around, corrupting our perfect Eden."

I took a deep breath. The ACT window came up.

ACT

>Sing
>Psychoanalyze
>Reason With
>Yell

>Psychoanalyze

“Anger is a secondary emotion in response to another emotion, usually one of hurt.” I said to Knives. “You screamed quite loud when Vash shot you. And you sure are an angry guy, I’ve noticed.” I said. "You can't handle pain, can you. That's why you're mad all the time."

"What. Was. That?" Knives said.

"Anger gives a self-soothing effect. If you had healthier means of dealing with the pain you've suffered, then maybe you wouldn't feel the need to create an Eden just for you and your brother. That's okay. It's true that every human has the capacity to be shitty. They're not inherently good or evil. They can choose to be one or the other. But, Humans learn from their mistakes. I'm sure if we guide them-"

"Shut up!" He snapped, his replacement gun shaking. His teeth gashed, and his grip on his weapon tight. Knives's other gloved fist clenched. "That's the exact damn thing you told me long ago through the communicator! And it was WRONG! You're WRONG! Humanity will never ever change! They always settle into patterns and go back to their old ways of hurting each other and the planet they live on!"

He shot the gun out of my hands, and then proceeded to riddle my body with bullets multiple times. I managed to live thanks to my healing factor and other factors.

Knives dashed over in a blink, his foot stamped on my throat and the .45 long colt pointed at my forehead.
>>
File: JC9.jpg (437KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
437KB, 2000x1340px
>>51263554
Apparently the Ar Nosurge version of the Orgel of Origins eventually has that same capacity; lost track of the Nosurge jump's development but apparently you can interpret the Tonelico jump's Orgels that way.

>>51262582
IIRC isn't it actually both? Like, midichlorians are a thing but the actual Force is something they help you tap into and detect?

>>51262293
>>51264398
>most straightforward

Whoa there, that's...a bit of an exaggeration when the process apparently releases eldritch horrors and broken hearts the way coal factories release smoke.

Getting Fair Eyes from the Exalted: Mortal Hero gauntlet to perform a Shinmaic Calibration once her Essence and Lore ratings are high enough, jerryrigging a few Reality Engines to create more energy/mass from a Protoshinmaic Vortex, setting off a World Seed or just rolling your sleeves up and doing some maintenance with the post-Spark version of Darksiders' Drop-In capstone are all much more straightforward.

>>51264556
Nah, it's legit.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Magic

Also, the end of Madoka kind of vindicates him. Sort of. Apparently a combination of Madoka's innate potential and some sort of reality glitch caused by Homura repeatedly reversing time to try and save her gave Madoka an enormous about of metaphysical potential energy

The reason why Madoka became a multiversal goddess was because her wish to destroy all witches across all timelines made an even BIGGER glitch, because that would also mean erasing her own potential Witch. So she escaped the bounds of reality, destroyed and recreated the world (and her most powerful Witch self) to no longer produce Witches, keep Kyuubey unaware of the potential for harvesting magical girls and eventually formed the new Law of Cycles which is where Heavens' jump takes place

Right after her wish, Kyuubey actually expressed emotion. By his own race's standards, he was terrified into insanity
>>
>>51264867
So I can either use the Incubator perk to give girls wishes and magical powers (pretty nice except for the equivalent exchange part) OR use them as a power source and harvest their grief seeds or whatever to combat entropy?
>>
File: 1415165116376.png (66KB, 500x833px) Image search: [Google]
1415165116376.png
66KB, 500x833px
>>51264556
>After all some anons seem to think everything Kyubey says is bullshit.
I mean. Maybe? But everything Kyubey says is true... from a certain point of view. He's like a Jedi who hates you. Or a jackass genie.
And after a certain point, the only thing we have to go on is what Kyubey tells us. Like, we don't know what the rest of the universe is like, because we're never taken there in the story. We don't know what Kyubey's race or their home planet is like, because the only person who tells us about them is Kyubey.
Maybe the rest of the universe is actually composed of magical rainbows born from the good dreams of boys and girls. Maybe Kyubey's race cries tears of purest crystal anytime you feel sad, and the bad ones we see in the show are the ones considered to have mental illness. You don't know.

But that would all be fanwank, and I think at some point you have to look at the information you've been given and do the best you can with that.
Kyubey doesn't seem to lie so much as he leaves shit out to be purposefully misleading. So that's what I think he's doing. "Yeah, he's probably telling the truth here, but he's also probably leaving a bunch of shit out and simplifying it because his goal is to make people make wishes and despair."

Or, you could just fanwank whatever you want to be true and write about it. I'm pretty sure there's a term for that practice.
>>
>>51265156
>grief seeds
I don't think there are grief seeds in the Wraith Arc. It happens in the new timeline right? With the Law of Cycle?
Madoka is too fucking big and confusing.
>>
>>51265255
Grief seeds are gone. Instead magical girls power themselves off weird red shit that gets left behind by dead wraiths.
>>
File: JC10.jpg (335KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
JC10.jpg
335KB, 1920x804px
>>51265156
Technically yes, although both aspects are part of the same process they set up. The cycle of magical girls fighting witches is their primary means of generating energy on Earth, although it seems likely they have more compact means to do that.

>>51265160
I figured whatever the rest of the universe's species are like, they probably have a) a female gender and b) a child (or at least larval) stage of growth if the magical girl system is apparently so prevalent.

This MIGHT be supported by one late scene in Rebellion Story, actually! When Homura unleashes her ultimate attack against Kyuubey, we see hundreds of the little white weasels desperately running/drifting in circles trying to escape the angry demon

So. Yeah. Whatever's out there, it apparently thinks white weasels are cute too, which evidently informs their aesthetic decisions. It's weasels all the way down
>>
>>51265301
And Kyuubey is still offering contracts? How is he gathering energy?
I know in Rebellion he has a new plan of taking over the Law of Cycles somehow but before that, what does he do?
>>
Question, the boosted Soldier capstone from SMT allows you to create demons/gods via focusing on one belief/philosophy, having lots of people actively praying or something like that for the ritual to work, and tons of magic as well, plus a human host , correct? So let's say I use that item from Indiana Jones that is the original teachings of the Buddha himself, and I use this to unite all of the Buddhists behind me like the item describes. I then teach someone with the best potential, and help him or her achieve enlightenment. Then, using the belief of every Buddhist in the world, the teachings of Buddhism, and tons of magic provided by myself, I perform the ritual on the student. Did I just create another Buddha?
>>
>>51265343
At the end of the anime we see him eating the little red cubes Homura got off the wraiths. She tosses a bunch at him and he eats them in rapid succession, but it's also touched upon that the cubes provide less energy than the grief seeds did.

So basically it seems to be the same deal as before, except nobody turns into witches and Kyubey isn't getting as much energy back.
Thread posts: 514
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.