[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No gurps general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 51

File: basic1_lg.jpg (54KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
basic1_lg.jpg
54KB, 500x662px
No gurps general?
>>
File: 1484081562640.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1484081562640.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51243645
No links in OP?
>>
The threads have been slowing down a lot. I recommend not having another general unless someone actively has a question/idea.

Everyone should probably take this chance to download the PDF for the next time we do have a thread, though.
>>
>>51243645
Im looking for a system to do Aliens or Deadspace type of Space Horror. Would gurps be a good system for that or is there a system that can pull off Sci-Fi horror that can transition into Action Sci-Fi Horror?
>>
>>51247693
I'm doing a post-apocalypse survival horror campaign (cliche, yeah, but we're having fun), how should I do ammo scavenging?

Should I roll for scrounging?
What if they're scrounging in a place that would not normally have ammunition?
What if they are scrounging in a gun store?
How should I determine how much ammunition they get and for what weapon if the roll is successful?

Or should I just improv where ammo is and how much there is, although that seems like it could be less fun than just letting them do a scrounging roll for it.

Is scrounging even the skill for that?
>>
>>51247693
By default, GURPS is significantly more lethal/down-to-earth than many other systems out there (especially generic systems that are easy to adapt to various settings), so yeah it's already ahead of the game on the horror front. Ultra-Tech, for it's occasional bits of wonkyness, does easily facilitate "everyday people (in space) defending themselves from horrible monsters" by including a lot of non-weapon tools that are still pretty useful for killing spacezombies. GURPS Horror is just straight-up a fun, solid read; even if you don't go with GURPS, I recommend you give it a read-through.

Still, I've got to plug Dread. As a system, it's obviously not got much in the way of mechanics, but it's preddy gubb at setting the tone and representing the escalating stakes inherent in horror; it doesn't use dice whose results are random but instead a jenga tower which becomes more unstable and rickety as the game continues and the tension rises.
>>
>>51247332
I agree with this. Let's lay low for a bit.

>>51247693
GURPS definitely does well at this type of thing, I've run a couple 'Alien-with-the-serials-filed-off' campaigns and they were great fun. Dead Space was definitely one source of inspiration.
You'll probably need Basic Set, Space, Ultra Tech, maybe High Tech if there's still "old tech" in circulation, and maybe Action 2 for some streamlined chases/combat/parkour rules and stuff. Spaceships line if you /really/ want stats for them, as opposed to just a place to have adventures in or get from point A to point B.

>>51247844
There are a few ways to handle this, but for the moment I recommend checking out GURPS: After the End which handles this type of stuff (all kinds of scavenging, finding bullets, looting old dangerous houses, world hazards, etc.) with great advice and specificity.
>>
>>51248000
>>51248088
Oh yes, and Horror for the alien/dead space campaign, definitely. Good read and very helpful.
>>
>>51247844
>Should I roll for scrounging?
Seems like a good start. Depending on the situation, I may call for an Observation roll instead of Scrounging, though. It's a bit nitpicky, but IIRC, Scrounging is about finding useful stuff people have overlooked/discarded/lost while Observation is about finding stuff people actively have tried to hide or camouflage; one is looking in piles of junk and under desks while the other is checking for hidden cubbyholes and shadowy corners.

>What if they're scrounging in a place that would not normally have ammunition?
Penalize the roll (they may get lucky and find a pistol and some ammo in a schoolteacher's desk), or have it automatically fail if there's no way to justify there ever being any ammo at that location.

>What if they are scrounging in a gun store?
Give the roll a bonus, or have it automatically succeed, or have a success give even more rounds than normal because if they find *any* ammo, chances are it's a huge cache of it.

>How should I determine how much ammunition they get and for what weapon if the roll is successful?
Assuming you want bullets to be something to be conserved? Number of rounds equal to margin of success is a good start, with both this ratio and the skill roll modified by environment as stated above. If you want your PCs to be able to bust out the ARs and spray-and-pray occasionally? Number of reloads equal to margin of success.

As for ammo type, are you using After the End's simplified ammo rules? Regardless, it comes down to how realistic/austere you want your setting to be. You *can* run it with random ammo types, and that'd be totally realistic and teach the PCs to not invest in only one gun, but finding a bunch of stuff you can't use isn't usually as fun as finding stuff you can. In either case, ammo types should somewhat dependent on the environment (e.g. whether rolling randomly or giving usable ammo, no shells or rifle rounds in that schoolteacher's desk),
>>
Gigantism gives +1 to move for having long legs. Does this mean that a positive size modifier should increase basic move? Would it be a linear increase, with +1 per SM? And if size modifier shouldn't increase basic move for everything, should it for larger humans?
>>
>>51249344
>Does this mean that a positive size modifier should increase basic move?
No. It depends on the creature.
>>
>>51249397
And the other part of my question about it mattering for humans? It matters for Gigantism (SM+1), but what if you had Gigantism (SM+2), or just had humanoids that were SM+2?
>>
>>51249660
Yeah, for giant humans it makes sense to further increase move. Maybe not even linearly, as linear measurement skyrockets with each increase of SM.
>>
>>51249344
>>51249660
>>51249735

Giantism isn't the effects of +1 SM, it's the effect of being an abnormally large member of your race. A Dwarf with Giantism is SM +0 and gets +1 Move for it's properonally longer legs.
>>
as long as we got a gurps thread again, does anyone have the most recent versions of the vehicles websupplements someone here made? I think I missed an update or two.
>>
>>51248088
>>51247332
How about we don't lay low? the last thread died shortly before the bump limit, it did pretty well. There's usually some decent discussion going on even if it's hours between posts. So, I see no reason to lay low.
>>
File: Humakti Duel.jpg (364KB, 738x931px) Image search: [Google]
Humakti Duel.jpg
364KB, 738x931px
>>51243645
Yeah, I've started coming to /gurpsgen/ lately and it's super comfy. Let's keep it around.

Can anyone walk me through the blunt trauma rules for flexible armor vs rigid armor?
>>
File: 29582158636_0f0b374a9b_b.jpg (535KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
29582158636_0f0b374a9b_b.jpg
535KB, 1024x764px
>>51253324
Blunt trauma rules are more or less, IIRC..

For every 10 points of damage your armor stops, you take 1 point of damage.

If it's Flexible, for every 5 points of damage your armor stops you take 1 point of damage instead.

Weirdly if any damage gets past you take no blunt trama damage. you take less damage if you get hit for 11 Crushing damage when wearing DR 10 armor then if you are hit for 10 Crushing damage when wearing DR 20 armor.
>>
Don't kill the thread guys, discord is for pussies.

How much would the game balance change if the combat is modified in the following way:

Everyone states his maneuver for the turn, and THEN they are resolved in the prescribed order. This is analogous to a simultaneous resolution mechanic (in computer RPGs, phase-based combat is used in some dungeon crawlers).

To be completely honest, I've been playing this way right from the start (for two years) and I am not sure if I am missing on some important consequences.

This was one of the measures I decided to take against the retarded "attack every second" combat model of GURPS. Together with the Last Gasp it amounts to the absolute best low-fantasy medieval combat I have seen in a tabletop.
>>
>>51250980

This is the most recent version of Vol. 1.

>>51254616
>Everyone states his maneuver for the turn, and THEN they are resolved in the prescribed order.

What order do people declare their actions in? What order do the characters act in? Those seem really important; if you have to declare what you are doing before your opponent does, they have a tactical advantage because they know what action you are taking. If they also get to act before you, it's even better for them.
>>
>>51254831
>What order do people declare their actions in?
At first I used the default GURPS turn order rules, but then I switched to randomizing each turn. Over time, it averages out.

>What order do the characters act in?
default GURPS turn order rules

>if you have to declare what you are doing before your opponent does, they have a tactical advantage because they know what action you are taking
If the opponent is GM(me)-controlled entities, there is no problem: I simply don't fuck with my players and decide for the actions beforehand. In our first sessions I even wrote everything down to show my players I don't use their choices for "my" advantage.

>If they also get to act before you, it's even better for them.
Again, default GURPS turn order rules
>>
>>51254616

>Everyone states his maneuver for the turn, and THEN they are resolved in the prescribed order.

Honestly now you've mentioned this I'm not sure why it isn't a default rule. It seems like it'd work way better, especially for harsher/more realistic combat.
>>
What if you want to make a very high tech (10) campaign but don't like laser weapons?
>>
>>51254831
>>51255007

There is a real problem with declare your actions then go systems in that if you declare after someone you can hose their declaration deliberately.

IE: One guy says he's going to shoot you in the face. You deiced to step fully behind a wall and reload this turn. His action is no longer viable.

Or even simpler, he says he's going to attack you so you move out of his reach and shoot him in the face.

>>51255056
It's default in World of Darkness, and it kind of sucks. Knowing what someone is going to do before they can act lets you hose them.
>>
>>
>>51255246
Say personal laser weapons are TL ^ like they always should have been, given the insurmountable thermodynamic challenges a handheld laser weapon would have.
>>
>>51255261
>There is a real problem with declare your actions then go systems

Yes, we realized that immediately. Easily fixed by either
1) trusting and adequate group or
2) everyone writing down his actions

We tried 2) and it can become very tedious, even if it is done online where chats can facilitate the process. We use it only if there is a conflict between PCs, which happens rarely.
>>
I am a young ogre looking to hire on to a caravan to the mysterious unknown! I don't have a lot of weapons training, as my halfling mother brought me up to be nice to people, but I figure I should learn some skills for self defense, just in case something unforeseen happens and I end up running off adventuring with some of these other weirdos, as unlikely as that is.

I realize my 19 ST lets me hurt people pretty bad, even without weapons, but I imagine my great ST lets me use some weapons in ways smaller people can't and I could use some advice in this area.

For example, can I use the ever popular Staff and wield it one-handed while retaining the +2 Parry? Add in a Shield and I would be an unassailable tower of defenses! Is that right?

Also, is it true I am -1 to hit "normies" and they are +1 to hit me due to my Size Modifier of 1?
>>
>>51255385
>can I use the ever popular Staff and wield it one-handed while retaining the +2 Parry?
No. It uses a different skill then, and thus loses the bonus.

>Also, is it true I am -1 to hit "normies" and they are +1 to hit me due to my Size Modifier of 1?
Size Modifier is relative in melee combat, so yes. You're at a penalty to hit equal to the difference in your size modifiers if you're larger, and your target is at a bonus to hit equal to the difference in your size modifiers if they're smaller.
>>
>>51255385
>For example, can I use the ever popular Staff and wield it one-handed while retaining the +2 Parry?

Citing GURPS Martial Arts, p.220: Unorthodox Attacks - One-Handed Two-Handers:
"As explained on p. B270, a strong enough fighter can wield a two-handed melee weapon – one with “†” or “‡” on its ST statistic – in one hand. When doing so, use the weapon’s two-handed statistics but apply a -1 to damage. The skill required to wield it may change:
Staff --> Broadsword"

Citing Kromm:
"FWIW, Martial Arts, p. 220 is relevant here. Basically, staffs used one-handed become light clubs. And yes, polearms used one-handed act like axes. You might get a point more damage and a yard or two of extra reach from the size, but you don't get all the special effects of the former weapon type."
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=107444
>>
>>51254616
>>51254831
>>51255007
>>51255261
>>51255367

If you declare in reverse sequence order then resolve in sequence order most of the problems with this go away.

If you want skill or experience to matter as much as speed use the best of basic speed, 1/2 Tactics, or 1/2 best combat skill to determine sequence (or just declaration sequence).

This is my favorite house rule and made things like Aim, Evaluate, and Wait as well as taking cover and making popup attacks more common in my groups. It's almost no extra bookkeeping (none for my group, I printed a bunch of maneuver cards for each player to throw down in reverse sequence order).
>>
>>51255491
>>51255521
Ack, sadness! It's probably for the best if I don't have a 14ish Parry I guess.
>>
>>51247332
>>51248088
Laying low is the fastest way to turn into a fringe thread and then just disappear from /tg/. I've been doing GURPS generals regardless of attendance and bumps, just to not end up in the void.

So fuck no, there is no laying low
>>
>>51255601
Your ogre might have SM+1, in that case I recommend an article in Pyramid #3/77 "Combat Writ Large" by Sean Punch.

Otherwise, ST19 is an absolutely outstanding score and provides some neat advantages. I recommend GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Denizens - Barbarians, there are some tips on how to utilize high ST, maybe your GM could incorporate some of the perks listed there.
>>
>>51255572

>If you declare in reverse sequence order then resolve in sequence order most of the problems with this go away.

Huh, this is interesting. The Star Wars X-Wing game uses that mechanic too, right?
>>
>>51255724
Don't know. Never played it.
>>
As an SM+1 ogre, do I have to modify everything by 2.25 weight and cost to fit me? Even weapons? This is getting more complicated than expected.
>>
>>51255724
One of the old DC Heroes games did this, and inanimate objects had to have their actions declared too, when appropriate.

So for example:
>The Bomb declares it explodes
>Batman declares he will grab the bomb and hurls it over the pier railing.

Then the actions are completed:
>Batman throws the bomb over the pier railing
>The bomb explodes
>>
>>51255724
>>51256084
I've seen it used several times over the years in different games, even think the original Vampire the Masquerade did it. Doesn't seem to have ever been too popular.
>>
>>51255693
Have the first book but not the second, will have to check it out. Thanks!
>>
>>51256069
Here's an excerpt from Dungeon Fantasy 1: Adventurers:

"Weapons for Giants
Multiply the weapon’s listed damage bonus by 1.5 and round down, but always add at least +1; e.g., sw-2 becomes sw-1, while sw+4 becomes sw+6
Also multiply ST and final weight and cost, after all modifiers, by 1.5
Armor for Giants
double the final cost and weight, after all modifiers"
>>
>>51256138
Well, it's more bookkeeping
>>
What are the best combat cards for GURPS?
>>
>>51255572
I think I'm going to try this rule out and see how I like it. I want to do some gritty heroic combat and this sounds like just the thing.
>>
>>51257457

Is it? It's no more bookkeeping than regular initiative order is -- you just go from low to high to low again.

>>51259519

Let us know how it goes, anon.
>>
>>51259617
It might be more complex because while everyone *declares* actions in a linear fashion, resolving them simultaneously might be a bit more complex.
>>
Any sign of Pyramid: Dungeon Fantasy Collected?
>>
>>51259765
Are they resolved simultaneously? It seems like the cards and the declaration order are just to preserve uncertainty about your opponent's actions.
>>
>>51259765

The person I was replying to was talking about declaring from lowest-to-highest, then resolving highest-to-lowest. Simultaneous resolution would be very difficult.
>>
>>51259884
My bad, I just woke up and jumped in to the thread without checking all preceding posts in the chain. I assumed it was simultaneous resolution because that's what VtM did -- characters declared what they would (try) to do on their turn with slower characters declaring first and faster characters declaring last with full knowledge of what they slower characters were trying for, but the rolls and resolutions were treated as near-simultaneous.

Unless I misunderstood VtM's initiative rules. I think I was still in middle school the last time someone ran that game in a group I was in.
>>
>>51243645
How many levels of Legal Immunity and Legal Enforcement Powers should a medieval landed lord have?
>>
>>51243645
What are the pros/cons of using gurps? My goal is for my players to have fun so that is paramount
>>
>>51262278
None, his rank and status covers that
>>
>>51262609

Pros:
Very simple at it's core, most rolls are "roll 3d6 and compare to target number", so it's very easy to guide new players into.
Extremely versatile, modular design.
Largely based on reality, with very few abstractions. Things behave as you expect them to. A handgun in GURPS is about as lethal as it is in real life, and a regular cop firing it is about as accurate in GURPS as real-world statistics indicate. It also penetrates a car door as well as it would in real life.

Con:
Requires above-average GM workload, GURPS has rules for EVERYTHING, and you don't want the realistic rules for parrying weapons unarmed if you're playing a kung-fu action game where bringing a fist to a knife-fight is the norm and not a death sentence, and the rules for extreme range sniper shooting are an unnecessary waste of time at best. It's up to the GM to design not only a campaign and encounters, but also decide on which rules fit the tone of his game best.
Then again, on the off-chance that low-gravity space combat does come up in play, you can easily look up and implement those rules mid-campaign without needing to change system.

Character building can be quite daunting and time-consuming for new players, the GM will probably want to be present throughout at least parts of the process or use templates, which adds even more work on the GM.
Building a character is piss-easy and fast once you get used to it though, you'll get an eye for how many points you need to allocate in what areas before you start.
>>
>>51262827
Rank? why should he have rank?
>>
File: Adventuring Party.jpg (261KB, 866x602px) Image search: [Google]
Adventuring Party.jpg
261KB, 866x602px
>>51253604
But flexible armor also has -2 DR vs crushing damage, yes?
>>
>>51264617
Depends on the armor. Mail has -2 DR vs. Crushing. Kevlar has +8 vs. pi/cut.
>>
Is there no bestiary?
>>
>>51264763
http://gurpswiki.wikidot.com/monsters
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=63730
http://www.tesarta.com/FFP/NatEnc.pdf
http://www.tesarta.com/FFP/bestiary.pdf
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/dungeonfantasymonsters1/
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/dungeonfantasymonsters2/
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/dungeonfantasymonsters3/
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/creaturesofthenight/

Google is your friend.
>>
File: wall.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
wall.png
7KB, 400x400px
Hew gurpsgen, are medieval walls hollow?
>>
>>51266069
Yes. Hard core walls are modern invention.
>>
>>51266069
>>51266138
Yeah, old walls held up mostly thanks to prayers.
God actually used to answer when there was less of us, we're too many now, too many contradictions, he gave up.
>>
>>51243645
What books would I need to run a game in the Wild West?
>>
>>51268420

Core and high tech

I think there's a high tech supplement called "adventure guns" or such that has western era guns
>>
>>51268420
This >>51268506 and there is also an actual Old West book for 3e you could look into. Still perfectly usable if you're running 4e.

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/oldwest/
>>
>>51262827
His Rank and Status is in addition to that. The established chief of a large precinct has Police Rank 6, Status 2, AND Legal Enforcement Powers. If Police Rank isn't enough to grant free Legal Enforcement Powers, why would Feudal Rank?

>>51262278
Depends on the setting and culture, obviously, but more than that it depends on the campaign and how in-depth it wants to go. The 15-point level of Legal Enforcement powers could be appropriate in some cases; within your lands, you can basically do whatever you want. The 15-point level of Legal Immunity literally has this as an example. Other campaigns may handle it with serf being anywhere from Second-Class Citizen to Subjugated, meaning that non-serfs can treat them as they wish without special advantages. Some campaigns may technically have nobility under the same rules as the peasantry (not counting sumptuary laws, of course), but the combination of the knight's social standing and intimidating features might make them *effectively* immune by simply consistently getting good enough reaction/influence results (which I think is what >>51262827 was working off of). Even within the same setting, all three approaches are viable.

Really, it's very difficult to pin down because the feudal hierarchy was based more on a network of obligations, duties, and familial ties; the relative wealth (and therefore military strength) of each knight in the form of land held; and the personal charisma/influence of each knight. It's a very loose structure that can be seen different ways though a variety of lenses. At the end of the day, it comes down to what the GM feels is best for the campaign -- I wouldn't want to waste time with reaction/influence rolls every time a noble character fucked over a peasant if I was running a dungeoncrawl game, so I'd just have the PC buy Legal Immunity III and be done with it, and vice-versa in a more realistic/austere campaign.
>>
>>51266069
Depends.

Brick walls were very common and tended to be two layers of brick and a layer of plaster.

Some places used timbered walls much like modern houses, again often protected with plaster.

Stone was sometimes thatched and sometimes uncovered.

Air space between an inner wall lath and plaster and an outer wall became common for insulation in the early modern period.

Some stone walls for large buildings and freestanding stone walls consisted of an inner wall and outer wall, with rubber or rammed earth fill between. These could resist quite a bit of damage.
>>
Hey gurps GMs, how do you reward your players for completing an encounter? I'm pretty new to GMing, but it seems like players are given way too much money than they know what to do with. Should I give them specialty gear, or just start them off with less money?
>>
File: 92AcOcU.jpg (2MB, 2912x4368px) Image search: [Google]
92AcOcU.jpg
2MB, 2912x4368px
>>51269475

Depends on the game and style you want.

In general the players should be rewarded when they complete a challenge with in game rewards like wealth and equipment, but you can also reward them with free Advantages like Reputation, Status, Rank and Allies.

For a session you might give TL 3 characters $200-800 in wealth or items, 1-5 Character Points and advantages.

You can give less on some sessions to save up for a really big thing you know they might like, like being Knighted (15 points of Status) or getting a really good sword ($3600 in wealth).

In general I try to give at least enough easily solid items or cash to let the players pay for ammo they use and their living expenses and at least 2 CP per session of free points to advance with.

If the PC's are getting elss resources then they use up for a few sessions it can make players tense. This can be a good thing in a post-apocalyptic game or other survival game, but otherwise isn't necessary a good thing.
>>
>>51266138
it would depend on the wall but outside of castles walls were usually solid for peasantry and the like, at least that's what I was taught.
>>
>>51269200
Rubber? What?
>>
>>51272708
he meant rubble, anon.
>>
>>51272871
>>51272708

>Rubber castle wall
>TL 1^

>DR 200. Attacks that fail to penetrate bounce back at a random target with an SL of 12.
>>
Could someone walk me through, give me guidelines or point me in the direction of such that talks about making a character who is a sword?
>>
>>51273121
Just go through the character creation process like you would for any other character.

What ST does my sword have? What can it lift all on its own?
>Nothing. It's a sword. ST 0.
What DX does my sword have? How nimble is it on its own?
>None. It's a sword. DX 0.
What IQ does my sword have? How smart or perceptive is it?
>Not at all It's a sword. IQ 0.
What HT does my sword have? How tough or resilient is it?
>Pretty good. It's a well-assembled chunk of metal. HT 12.

Now that the attributes are done (and you have spent -380 points). Do the same process for advantages, disadvantages, and skills.

If a trait seems to fit, read the description to make sure (No Depth Perception seems to fit but has "you have two eyes" right up front so it's no good). If a traits seems to fit but a broader one fits, use the broader one (Night Blindness and Blindness, take Blindness).
>>
>>51273254
Ok, easy enough.

What about "when people swing me I do sw+2 cut"?

Or "I give my weilder +1 DX"?
>>
>>51273299
>Or "I give my weilder +1 DX"?
Affliction with Aura and (maybe) Always On.
>>
So, let's say that I want to make an Affliction that, when used on a person, performs a permanent transformation on them, and incapacitates them while that transformation is taking place. How would you do this? The Increased Duration modifier increases the duration of all the parts of the affliction to Permanent, and I don't want to permanently incapacitate them.

Because GURPS: Biotech might as well be named GURPS: Fetish Fuel.
>>
>>51273299
>>51273323
Are you making a PC character who is an intelligent sword, or an NPC ally who could be some manner of construct?

I'll disagree with >>51273254 on the issue of base stats, a magical construct that's a sword might have a number of stats much higher than that, especially if it's capable of flying around under its own power, and even if it's immobile, an intelligent sword is an old fantasy trope.

If it's a PC, I'd go with Size Modifier -1, the Body of Metal Meta-Trait, No Manipulators, No Legs (Flight), Flight (with modifiers that let you hover in place), a melee-range Innate Attack, and so on and so forth. If you're making an NPC Ally, then you could go with the Construct meta-trait so that it has things like Slave Mentality.

If it has no mind whatsoever, I'd be wondering why you're making it into a character when it's just an object; buy its powers as a part of your character with the Device limitation instead.
>>
>>51273794

>Affliction: incapacitation (Physical stun or whatever)
>Linked to
>Affliction: transformation including all it's modifiers to attributes, extended duration: permanent, Delay: triggers once Incapacitation ends +0%

If both afflictions are HT based I'm pretty sure you can combine them into one single HT roll when they're Linked, so you won't get any odd scenarios where one effect is resisted and the other one isn't.
>>
>>51274294
That'll make you pay twice for attack modifiers, though? If you want, say, a Malediction Aura, that's an extra 15 points, and if you want a Persistent Area Affect (2 yards) Contact Agent, you're looking at 24 extra points, just to make the transformation power *less* effective.
>>
Warp [100]
Warp (Only during the day, -20%) [80]
20 points difference.
Affliction (Warp, +1000%) [110]
Affliction (Warp, +1000%; Only during the day, -20%) [108]
2 points difference.
Because basic of affliction is very small.
I don't like it. It makes limitations worthless.
Proposition: apply all modifiers for affliction effects (dis-/advantages, attributes, conditions, etc) first. Calculate cost. This is new basic cost of affliction, apply the rest of the modifiers to it.
This option is middle ground between multiplicative modifiers and default rules.
>>
>>51275033
Or you just apply the modifier to the Advantage so that you're giving them Warp (Only During the Day -20%), for a +800% modifier to the Affliction.
>>
>>51275033

Actually it's:
Affliction ({Warp [100]} +1000%) [110]
Affliction ({Warp [100]; Only during the day -20%} +800%) [90]

Because:
>This is worth +10% per point the advantage is worth
The advantage Warp is only worth 80 points since it has limitations attached to it.
>>
Need help. I want to build an acrobatic fighter but do not know how.

Approximately like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuAWchxPo8&t=315s
>>
>>51275836

A lot of Abyss Watcher's moveset is really just fancy, aggressive techniques, so Martial Arts will take you a long way. Committed Attack seems to be what he's using a lot of the time - his weapon is out of the way so he can't parry, his only defense is a penalized dodge.

Start with DX and Speed.
Speed 5 is human average, speed 7 is really good but still realistic human, so you'll probably want 8 or 9 or even more.
Speed 8 + Combat Reflexes + Acrobatics at or around 16, gives you a dodge score of 12, +2 for acrobatics dodge when you need it, +3 for a Retreat. So, really good.
Since you have Speed that high, buy up Basic Move to 11, so you can take two steps per turn, that alone will make your character feel really acrobatic, with the ability to step out of range to a safe distance, forcing your opponents to move & attack or worse just to keep up with you.

Pick a few Techniques (two or three is plenty) that feel thematic and appropriate.
Spinning (Attack) synergises well and is thematic, it's OK that you can't parry since your main defense is dodge.
Flying Lunge is another one, for the same reason.
Roll with Blow let's you double your knockback (which won't be a problem with all that DX and acrobatics to remain standing) but halve crushing damage when you inevitably DO get hit.

High DX and High Speed also means high HT, which is good. Read up on "Extra Effort in combat" and apply it liberally.

For weapons, you'll want something with range, it'll synergize well with move 11 and let you really dance around lesser foes' reach.
A two-handed sword isn't a bad idea here actually, nor is something like a longer sword & board (Even if you rarely intend to block, the shield's Defense Bonus applies to your Dodge as well).
A polearm or Spear is another good option. Maybe not as fancy as a sword, but you get even better range and access to some cool maneuvers.

Depending on weapon, consider Shield Rush or Slams with Long Weapons, move 11 gives you nice damage.
>>
>>51276863
If I was trying to model the Abyss Watcher specifically, I'd also give them a rank or two of the Fire Talent, a melee-ranged Innate Attack with some Gadget limitations and Alternate Skill (Swords), and some Alternate Attacks in the form of an AoE centered on the user and a line effect that projects outward from them, for the special attacks he uses in the second phase.

Incidentally, this is also likely to give you a good amount of damage much more cheaply than buying up Strength.
>>
Should players be allowed to take new self-imposed disadvantages or increase the severity of existing disadvantages after character creation and spend the points on skills and advantages?

Like if you let them buy off vows, honesty, cowardice and such whenever they had the points, would you let them swear new vows and spend the points on skills?
>>
>>51279010
Not in the way your example is presented because there's no logical link between swearing vows and being able to shoot a gun more accurately or solve harder chemistry problems (the exception being HxH-like settings where such self-imposed restrictions do explicitly have that ability due to in-universe metaphysics). In most any campaign, though, I'd allow certain limitations to help mitigate the cost of new social traits -- a title/office that grants 20 points of advantages but saddles the character with a 10-point Duty only costs the net 10 points.

If the upside and downside weren't part and parcel of the same package (e.g. the title described above, or a supernatural ceremony that gives the target some trait bundles a supernatural drawback or compulsion), then no deal. No swearing to not eat meat and then suddenly getting better at swinging a sword.
>>
>>51275168
>>51275187
For this particular case this is correct but that's not always the case.
For example, if you want touch-based affliction that teleports target away, you have to apply such modifier to affliction itself.
>>
File: retiarius gladiator.jpg (38KB, 680x480px) Image search: [Google]
retiarius gladiator.jpg
38KB, 680x480px
How would one handle plate armor worn solely on the left arm, as on a retiarius? Would you treat it like a shield? I have a character who wears armor on her left arm, and I want to have her do cool shit like actively block shots and whatnot.
>>
File: Maniria.jpg (503KB, 1013x802px) Image search: [Google]
Maniria.jpg
503KB, 1013x802px
Guys, I tried. I ran some combat, and it just isn't for me or my group.

I had visions of heroic duels à la Achilles and Hector, but when we tried it out it didn't feel much more tactical or involved than if we'd just been using attack, parry/block/dodge. It definitely took longer, which killed the momentum, and although we could use the various maneuvers to manipulate our odds to hit, it didn't seem like our decisions really made much difference in the outcome of the battle.

So, I'm not sure what to do. Might take the advice in How to be a GURPS GM and prune down the combat options significantly. Any advice or thoughts from more seasoned GMs?
>>
>>51284396
First part is covered by Low-Tech. The latter part is something I've wanted to do in GURPS for a long while, but I've never found a way to represent it that I liked. For the time being, I just have arm/hand armor make unarmed parries against weapons less risky and count weapon parries and unarmed parries on separate tracks, potentially giving characters more options before having to rely on Dodge.
>>
>>51284396
Lowtech covers the partial armor weight and price, and you can do unarmed parries, just remember to do it with your armored arm.

Also GURPS Martial Arts: Gladiator covers in dept the 'giving a face' to the enemy, btw it is covered on Traditional Martial Arts, the gladiator article just tells you how to do it with the martial arts rules.
>>
>>51284447
A couple of questions. Was it on a grid or theater of the mind? Was there any movement or terrain or was it an exercise in chopping and hacking? Was it PC vs PC, PC vs monster, something else? What were the relative skill levels involved (including defenses)?
>>
File: Dismounted Cataphract.jpg (275KB, 623x969px) Image search: [Google]
Dismounted Cataphract.jpg
275KB, 623x969px
>>51284677
We used a hex grid on flat terrain using the profiles from the Mook combat examples. Skill levels were even, one man in mail with a broadsword and his opponent in leather with shield and pick.
>>
>>51284447
>when we tried it out it didn't feel much more tactical or involved than if we'd just been using attack, parry/block/dodge.
You guys need to 'learn how to fight', get some real martial guides and try putting it into pratice, or even just 'play dirty', if you just explore the real options your combat will become less;
>attack, block, parry
and more
>Sidestep, left shoulder shieldpunch
>back step retreat dodge
>follow up step, right polegar cut, left knee shield punch
Really anon, the system lets you apply real technique bullshit, plus the 1s turns let you keep track of positions and react to subtle things
>>
>>51284447

Inexperienced players tend to be slow in GURPS because they get overwhelmed by options and get annoyed by the limitations to very small combat turns.

Keep in mind that quite often that your best option in a fight will be to take an Attack and hope to get past the foe's active defense, if you can overwhelm their armor and their active defense score isn't so high as to make it unlikely you will hit at all.

>Our choices don't matter.

Make them fight foes with dangerous attacks and solid defenses. When you are dealing with someone with an axe and a shield you really need to make the right choices if you don't want to die.
>>
>>51284597
The thing with using unarmed parries to simulate parrying with an armored arm is that it doesn't represent it exactly.

The thing with an unarmed parry is that on a successful parry, you avoid any damage and the enemy weapon doesn't strike your arm at all, think things like catching the enemy weapon arm or batting aside the weapon with your palm. However, when using an armored hand, you can use it to directly block the weapon, as you would with a shield. In that case, the enemy weapon hits your arm on a successful block and will damage your arm if it gets through DR, however blocking with your arm is easier.

What I tried to do once upon a time is that I let my players block with their arm, and basically I handled it like an unarmed parry but with a bonus of +3 against swinging attacks and +1 against thrusts, and with the stipulation that on success, they took damage normally on that arm and on failure normal unarmed parry failure rules applied. Worked well enough.

I didn't do that specifically for armored arms, though, the intention was to simulate blocking an attack where you don't care about the wellbeing of your arm, for example if someone is swinging at you with a staff and you can only get your arm up in time, sure, your arm might get broken but atleast your skull is not caved in.
>>
>>51284732
We were fighting with two fairly well-matched opponents, with parry scores of around 11 or so, and it lasted 11 rounds before someone landed a finishing blow.

>>51284726
This is what I envisioned when I read the combat rules, and it's what I hoped to achieve. The problem is that I doubt I'll be able to get my group to dedicate that much time to "learning" the system. I appreciate the advice, but I'm just not sure it's practical for us. I'll see if I can convince my buddy to give it another go.
>>
File: Hillfight.jpg (168KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
Hillfight.jpg
168KB, 500x406px
>>51284726
I should add that we did try to use the different options: extra effort to make multiple attacks, or deceptive attacks, or to feint and get an attack in, and more besides. I guess it felt that we were still just rolling dice like we would have been without those decisions -- maybe because we didn't link the maneuver choices with the results themselves?
>>
>>51284969
>get my group to dedicate that much time to "learning" the system
In my experience, that's not something you can do. They have to be interested in learning it by themselves.
>>
File: Dragonewts.jpg (313KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonewts.jpg
313KB, 500x631px
>>51285009
I can guarantee that won't happen. They're great guys, but devoting themselves to spending a fairly significant amount of time to learning how to effectively use the combat system is not high on their list of priorities.
>>
>>51284720
So, flat terrain with decent skill and a toe to toe balls out struggle took 11 seconds (of game time - pretty realistic IME)? IMO what was missing was a need to avoid damage without relying on defenses. If you rely on defenses without maneuvering you might as well be using D&D AC. Did you guys use feints or deceptive attacks or strike anywhere other than the torso? Did you (or the GM) describe the results of the turn narratively ("You twist to one side trying to avoid B's chop and almost do but his blade rakes against your ribs. If it weren't for your armor you'd be dead. As it is you're reeling with the pain.")? I find the narration works best when you interpret the die rolls after the fact (either an attack and defense + maybe damage, or a whole turn - the latter is harder when there's more than two fighters).

Imagine the Inigo/Wesley fight from The Princess Bride as if there was no useful terrain and they just stood there in front of each other. Maneuvering is also terribly important in GURPS. Partly because you can give your opponent penalties (if you can get him to step onto bad footing for example). Partly because you can limit his options (if he has a one handed weapon and you move to his off side he can't defend with his weapon).

There is depth there. You can either achieve it through narration and imagination or through environmental exploitation. If you do both you get epic battles.
>>
File: The GURPS.jpg (506KB, 1200x1976px) Image search: [Google]
The GURPS.jpg
506KB, 1200x1976px
rate my fresh oc /gurpsgen/
>>
>>51254831
>This is the most recent version of Vol. 1.

Thanks man!
>>
>>51288191
>rate my fresh oc /gurpsgen/
gather up the false books, the books of lies.
FATAL, 3.75, Exalted, WoDs old and new, and sundry other works by false prophets. gather them in a six-sided pile in a potter's field, and burn them. when they are mostly ash, extinguish the flames with urine. bottle stored urine is fine, but results are better if it's fresh.

mix the ash-mud slurry until it's good and black. save it, take it to your room, and that night draw a hexagram, leaving the south-east facing side incomplete.

The man will come, and in the morning you will know GURPS.
>>
>>51288718

Requesting an image of this written in old-timey font on papyrus
>>
Are there damage listings for spaceship weapons?
>>
>>51289334
They're in Ultra tech i think.
>>
>>51289438
thanks
>>
>>51284447
>>51284969
>>51285006
>>51285046
Would just like to say that I hate Golarion-posters. These pics always make it so interesting and make me want to play.

Time to fire up Dragon Pass I guess.
>>
>>51290130

>Golarion posters

Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure those are Glorantha? Isn't Golarion the boring cookie-cutter setting for Pathfinder?
>>
>>51290545
>boring cookie-cutter setting
Really? You must be pretty fucking easy to bore.
>>
>>51290565

Are we talking about Glorantha or Golarion?
>>
>>51290545
Oh shit, you're right. Sadly reveals I've had to do more Pathfinder that Glorantha. I am shamed.

>>51290565
Eh, I will agree I like Pathfinder's setting more than the rules and while I wouldn't call it "boring" (I like me some Hellknights) it isn't really that compelling either. Though I guess it does well for so "kitchen sink" a design.
>>
>>51290647
The big issue with PF's setting is that in order to maintain its kitchen-sink style, all those cool individual pieces amount to nothing in the long run because they can't step on each others' toes. It's a flat setting with no big-picture things despite all the neat individual aspects. For so many settings to coexist without losing individual detail, you either need to straight up publish them as different settings or link them via a metasetting like Infinite Worlds or Spelljammer.

How'd that screencap from Persona go? "I'm amazed you can add in so many different ingredients and have it come out tasting like nothing"?
>>
>>51292031
Yeah, it's a problem with any kind of "generic D&D everything included setting". Settings tend to get better the narrower they are.
>>
Can anyone mention some pyramid issues with alternative weapon techs? Is there a list somewhere?
>>
>>51293279
you see that first post below the OP click on it, there a link in there with everything, look through the pyramid section in the trove.
>>
File: img000003.png (35KB, 366x290px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.png
35KB, 366x290px
Does anyone have a pdf of GURPS Faerie lying around?

I've searched through the entire internet, including the pdf sharing thread, but no one has it.
>>
>>51293337
Its more like which issues has alternative weapon, not where to find pyramid issues.

I was hoping that there was some articles on different techs.
>>
When is the Dungeon Fantasy box supposed to hit? I have really been meaning to give this game a shot with a pretty standard fantasy setting.
>>
>>51293716
It was originally slated for May, but they pushed it back to August.
>>
>>51293360
Look in the '3rd Edition' folder here

https://mega.nz/#F!6ZQl3YIY!5wFqW_GFaFgFjWYgh_Hh7A!GIZiyY4D
>>
>>51293793
I just noticed that Pyramid 3/99, released today, can be found in that link, too.
>>
File: 1456006715978.gif (649KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456006715978.gif
649KB, 300x300px
>>51293793
Thanks a lot bru.
>>
>>51293813
Holy balls What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger looks AWESOME,* like that one blurb about vidya in GURPS but expanded to a whole article. GURPS Souls here I come!

*filthy mobilefag at the moment, so I'm going off of the sample right now.
>>
>>51295095
You're welcome, anon.
>>
>>51293813

>Necro-Psi
Interesting and pretty cool collection of powers for psi games, looks easy enough to convert over to another power origin too.

>What Doesn't Kill Me Make Me Stronger
Interesting concept, but only suitable for a very narrow range of games and has a lot of padding with the pre-calculated kill-points.

>Soul Reapers
Cool and totally useable in many different games.

>The Slaughterealm
Boring dungeon concept that doesn't even have enough detail to say it did a significant amount of work for you.

Overall, a pretty good issue, but not a must-read 3/5
>>
>>51295967
Ehh three-and-a-half pages isn't the worst padding I've seen in Pyramid. My only big issue with the article is that it brings that "benefit now or XP later" problem that I've hated in other systems to GURPS; I'd just as soon ditch the paragraph that talks about spending KP in-game.
>>
>>51293735
I guess that I can wait on that then. Hopefully SJG does more in the future.
>>
File: 1467024748131.jpg (581KB, 1236x940px) Image search: [Google]
1467024748131.jpg
581KB, 1236x940px
How would you stat as an advantage?
>>
>>51299808
You won't. Magazine size and HP/FP cost are negligible, so it's just generic burning attack with extra accuracy.
>>
Is Mars Attacks out, has anyone read it and does it contain anything useful for someone who is not planning to run a Mars Attacks game?
>>
>>51284447
Use The Last Gasp. Also, make opponents tougher.
>>
Could some good and generous anon please upload the v1.1 version of Powers - Enhanced Senses to the trove?
>>
File: Siege of Nochet.jpg (572KB, 854x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Siege of Nochet.jpg
572KB, 854x1078px
>>51302148
I looked at that before I started this endeavor. I don't think having even more stuff to track is the answer.
>>
>>51302637
Then make the encounters challenging. Why wold I use all those Committed attacks and grip changes and burn FP for Extra Effort if the difficulty is just whatever?

More challenging does not necessarily mean higher numbers, this also includes terrain design, etc.
>>
File: GURPS Shotguns.png (2MB, 2668x1536px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Shotguns.png
2MB, 2668x1536px
Since we're slowing down how about posting all the user documents you've gathered? Things like the vehicles book posted above or those awesome rules summary images.
>>
File: 1402271894420.png (2MB, 2011x2761px) Image search: [Google]
1402271894420.png
2MB, 2011x2761px
How easy it will be to incorporate new nekrokinesis into Dungeon Fantasy? Especially umbrakinesis, sounds pretty rad.

>>51306237
Sure.
>>
File: Dual Wield.png (2MB, 2500x3250px) Image search: [Google]
Dual Wield.png
2MB, 2500x3250px
>>
>>
>>51306675
Revised
>>
>>51308015
>OHWT technique
You need to replace that with the perk, dude.
>>
Want to start GURPS, I DM weekly in D&D 5e but I want to start DMing in GURPs, where should I start?
>>
>>51308593
It depends, what kind of game are you looking to run? You should read the "How to be a GURPS GM" guide in the mega. Maybe run something quick with GURPS Lite to get a hang of the rules. For a lot of things you really don't need anything beyond the basic set (GM book and players book).

If you want something out of the box you can look at one of the series. You have GURPS Dungeon Fantasy for D&D esque campaigns, After The End for post apocalyptic deals, and Monster Hunters for Hunter but with better mechanics and in a somewhat more gonzo setting.
>>
>>51308639
Medieval high/dark fantasy with one kingdom almost in steam age.
>>
>>51308639
>>51308646
Plus: There was a cataclysm in the world and one very powerful empire just become a huge desert.

Today they have technology to flying ships, there is a magocracy with floating towers, 2 human kingdons (one of them with japanese culture and samurais).

2 Dwarven kingdons bound by bloodline.
>>
>>51308646
>>51308669
Fantasy is a good read because it's very very light on mechanics; it's meant to act as a worldbuilding guide for GMs, not a further source of rules, so it's safe to include in first-timer's games. Low-Tech is similarly a safe addition as it's basically a big equipment catalog; the only complexity added is the custom armor system and the optional rule for making metal armor harder to pierce. Fantasy-Tech is a tiny offshoot that catalogs tech that never quite was; it's great if you want fantasy steamtech.

At the end of the day, though, everything you listed can be handled (albeit with a smidgen of handwavium) with the Basic Set. Make sure everyone has that stuff down before adding in the extra mechanical depth from books like Martial Arts.

However, if airships are going to be a big thing in the setting (rather than a background detail that explains how adventurers gets from location to location) or you have a player than wants to be an airship engineer, you *may* want to take a look at Spaceships as vol. 7 of that series covers "paranormal and divergent tech," which includes among many other things many varieties of airships ranging from realistic to somewhat plausible to flying galleys kept aloft by magical crystals/sails/oars. Again though, that's only if you need the airships to be detailed or customizable; no reason to use those rules if the airships are more setpieces.
>>
>>51309065
How people usually write settings in GURPS? They make a compilation of everything they want in one file? What people usually do?
>>
>>51309119
Depends entirely on the person and what the GM expects from the party. There's no "right" way to do it.

For me, if it's just personal notes that I share with the group in exposition, it's all in .txt files and usually one file per "idea" (nation, faction, fighting style, cool NPC/villain, etc.). I pretty them up in to two-column .docx files if I plan on handing them out; they're a little more consolidated (e.g. one file would cover a nation, important factions and NPCs within the nation, major fighting styles, etc.; or maybe one handout would cover every fighting style used), but it's still a series of files rather than one tome.

I've heard of some people using private wikis, though I never have and cannot comment on if it's effective or not.

Regardless, writing up a setting is writing up a setting. It really doesn't matter what system you're using.
>>
>>51309119
I generally stat up appropriate things for the setting (IE my setting has a wide variety of beastmen, so I take the stats for various animals and give them opposable thumbs and intelligence ect.), make some basic templates for characters so new players can get in more easily, and suggest a few options for character creation.

What I generally do is give people a set points value, some racial templates if the setting has Elves, Dwarves, and the like, and tell the players to build characters appropriate for the setting, helping them if they ask. Some people may take the time to list out exactly what is and what isn't allowed, but I don't find that necessary. On your side you will have to note which rules you are using if you aren't using a premade setup, but it isn't very much. It varies based on setting of course. IE I have a very specific magic system in my setting, so I took a lot of time to customize it with the various options rather than using the out of the box basic magic system. The rest is what you would do for a custom setting in any game.

Look at the How To Be a GURPS GM guide. It has general suggestions, including stuff for setting the tone of your game.
>>
>>51308415

Note that I included both options.
>>
>>51309681
It's confusing to include both when the perk completely replaces the technique, which was never used anyway. That's all.
>>
I don't care much for the default skill-magic system, mostly I don't like the D&D style "magic can do anything, so wizards are super!" style magic, I prefer more forced specialization. Doing so feels like I'm hurting myself more than anything, based how the system is laid out.

Assuming I'm stuck with the basic Magery system, is there any interesting insight you could give to inspire a mage character more than "I had a talent, I went to school, I'm a baby wizard now"?

(100/-50pts in Banestorm if it matters)
>>
>>51309833
You could take the One School limitation and have that inform your background. Fire College? Raised by fire elementals when your village was buried under ash from a nearby eruption. Knowledge College? Your father worked for the Corps of Engineers and taught you magic as a Necromancy College? You were born in a death cult for sacrifice but the leader saw Her Mark upon you and took you in as an apprentice, although that's more cleric than wizard.

Flavor for Banestorm as you see fit. Unless Banestorm doesn't allow non-talented non-schooled wizards.
>>
>>51309711

No, it isn't. Some GMs only use the core rulebooks. Besides which, I always include core options as a matter of principle.
>>
>>51309711
>>51309956

The technique really is an odd oversight, considering Basic Set has Ambidexterity.

You can even do "Ambidexterity (Accessibility: One skill only, -20 or -40%, I forgot)" in core to represent training with just one particular style of fighting.
>>
>>51309833
Thaumatology has a bunch of other modifiers for Magery that can significantly alter the flavor of your mage. Combining Ceremonial Magery (-40%) and Solitary Ceremonial (+10%) makes for a much more low-power mage that can only cast spells at a much slower rate. This combined with Limited Colleges can make a very flavorful mage. Limiting yourself to slow workings from the Weather, Protection and Warning, and Healing colleges would make you the iconic village hedgewizard. Knowledge, Illusion and Creation, and Protection and Warning colleges combine to make a sort of "mastermind" wizard.
>>
>>51309585
>>51309650
Thank you guys.
>>
File: mel-baptista-earthmagedwarf.jpg (212KB, 1100x842px) Image search: [Google]
mel-baptista-earthmagedwarf.jpg
212KB, 1100x842px
What modifers will define Innate Attack which even after miss or successful dodge/parry and power parry/block leaving behind 6 inch diameter stone pillars, tree trunk, ice spikes, steel H-beams, concrete patches, concrete slabs, rock fists, etc.?
Environmental, -10% -- floor-wall-ceiling near target for material to create obj
Overhead, +30% -- makes attack possible from floor-wall-ceiling
Persistent (duration *300), +140% -- to make obj exist for around a hour
Forgot something?
>>
>>51314281
Looks like you got everything, although Persistent without Area Effect isn't something valid by RAW as far as I know.
>>
>>51314281
I'd probably do that as two linked abilities, one for the attack and another to create the object that is left, typically an Innate Attack with the Wall enhancement, although Obscure works better for some things.
>>
QUICK, WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GAME OUT A SNIPER DUEL?

Rounds from Action is obvious, so I'm thinking of using the Chase rules as a base. Maybe just a regular contest before you can attempt a shot, but of what? Stealth? Observation? Climbing?
>>
What would the limitation be for "music required" Magery, you need to play an instrument of some kind to cast spells, -40% for Song, then another -20% for need instrument?
>>
>>51316163
Requires Instrument is -10%. See Power-Ups - Limitations.
>>
File: tpcDvBOSZXw.jpg (78KB, 626x800px) Image search: [Google]
tpcDvBOSZXw.jpg
78KB, 626x800px
>>51315912
Camouflage vs observation. You've got to find their hide.

Observation in general. Can you spot the glint of a scope from someone in the back of a dark room of a ruined building, watching you though a crack in the wall?

Spotting decoys and distractions from your target. A helmet or jacket held up on an old rack to draw fire and give away your position.

Stealth to crawl away from somewhere you've taken a shot from or been spotted in.

The goal is to locate the target, aim at them, then get a shot off before they move or shoot you back. Climbing and other Movement skills can let you get into places they might not expect to take a shot from.
>>
>>51316227
Thanks.
>>
File: protection.png (305KB, 372x480px) Image search: [Google]
protection.png
305KB, 372x480px
>>
MOAR fan files!
>>
Anons above got me thinking. If you are not all using the Last Gasp, how do you deal with the lack of lulls/flurries? Is that just not an issue for you and your players?
>>
>>51319690
Didn't expect anybody to save this. I feel happy now.
Just for your information, I have this and all my other stuff on my blog: www.enragedeggplant.blogspot.com
Shameless shilling.
>>
>>51320327
I don't find it to be an issue. Last Gasp solves a problem I don't have.
>>
I like psionic powers
>>
>>51320659
I'm not the anon you were replying to, but I check your blog just about every day. I didn't know that you were the same guy who contributed those files here on GURPS General. I thoroughly enjoy your blog. One minor quibble, though. On your conversions of D&D monsters, I think you're making them too strong when you do the KYOS variants. +X using KYOS is much stronger than +X using the normal rules. That's why the KYOS versions cost so much more than the normal ones, too. But that aside, you're producing some great content.
>>
File: IMG_0548.jpg (1MB, 2479x3229px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0548.jpg
1MB, 2479x3229px
How's the GURPS Cyberpunk stack up against Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020? Which one should my group adopt? Theyre counting on me
>>
>>51322776
I like the Cyberpunk 2020 setting more than Cyberworld. However the mechanics for GURPS are leaps and bounds better than Cyberpunk 2020. Ideally you would just use the CP2020 setting in GURPS.
>>
>>51322776

CP2020: Do you like random rolls and characters that are either invincible or last seconds before being replaced?

Shadowrun: Every edition brings with it a new set of rules, but every one of them has some serious flaw.

GURPS cyberpunk: Do you want to build your own world? Well, you can.
>>
>>51322776
>>51334150
I haven't looked at Shadowrun for at least 2 editions, but one of the flaws I remember was what I call "Voltron bullets". Ten bullets (or whatever number) fired in a burst were dramatically more effective at penetrating armor and causing injury than those same bullets fired singly. If armor could catch its breath in between shots, it would be okay, but bursts could overwhelm it. GURPS resolves penetration and damage for each bullet, which tracks better with reality.
>>
I'm the anon from this post >>51324445. Apologies for mistyping one of the referenced post numbers. Was supposed to be >>51324150. Continuing on the flaws with Shadowrun, it had extensive rules for cybernetic replacement limbs and organs, but no rules for called shots, or damaging/destroying limbs. Again, my experience was from a couple of editions ago, so I can't say for sure if this situation still exists. And again, GURPS has these issues covered.
>>
File: FrankFrazetta_SpaceAttack.jpg (390KB, 1300x1202px) Image search: [Google]
FrankFrazetta_SpaceAttack.jpg
390KB, 1300x1202px
Can someone please post the links? I'm looking for the 4e PDFs.
>>
>>51325787
See
>>51245822
It's not a image
>>
>>51312002
I like the Ceremonial/Solitary Ceremonial modifier, a very interesting adjustment. Spells requiring 10x casting is ok, but you always crit fail on a 17-18 is kinda rough, no?
>>
>>51322652
Thanks, I appreciate that a lot!
When assigning ST and HP values for KYOS versions I use the formulas based on weight, just like the KYOS article suggests, and sometimes they are identical to non-KYOS values.
>>
>GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is all about killing and taking

Is it really so one-sided?
>>
>>51326656
Yes.
>>
>>51326663
I think I regret the kickstarter.
>>
>>51326902
You can pilfer it for rules, but I seriously doubt we'll get too much new stuff. I just want an anon to give us the new slam rules. Yeah, that's about what the DF kickstarter is worth to me, revised slam rules.
>>
>>51326902
It doesn't require too much to change it. Just tell your group that they can get social advantages/disadvantages. I personally just use it for the racial templates and let the players loose.
>>
>>51326656
>>51326902
Dude, they never called it anything but that.
It's all about looting dungeons and killing dragons.
>>
>>51326656
>>51326902

That's the reason I didn't jump on the kickstarter. If it was the Tech books or something I would've scrounged the money for it somehow.
>>
Hey /gurpsgen/.

Me and my group have been playing GURPS for like 3 months now, weekly. Now our GM discovered the Martial Arts book so he wants to run a 1 or 2 session martial arts tournament game to get familiar with it.

I could use some help building and playing the character. Requirements are 300/-50 points, must fight without weapons, no armor (or clothes of any kind, pants only), only humans (no exotic advantages).

The point budget is quite large so I'm not sure what to do with it all (our regular campaign is 100/-25), does anyone have any advice on building an effective unarmed fighter?

More importantly, we're going to be fighting one-on-one against characters with similar point totals and probably against each other, so I could also use some advice on how to actually play a character like that because I wanna try to win.

If there's a guide online somewhere to using Martial Arts in play, that would be even better. First session is next week, so I have to get familiar with the book by then.
>>
>>51327480

You've got too many points I'd say. That amount is fine if you're making a well-rounded character with secondary and tertiary skills, advantages, and a place in the world, but for a one trick pony it's probably a bit excessive.

Just go Karate or Judo at DX+70.

Not sure what else you need when you're limited to non-exotic advantages and can't even have armor.
>>
>>51327683

Oh, Trained By a Master of course.

And as for how to use it:
1. Walk up to someone and parry everything he throws at you. Good thing he can't have weapons or exotic advantages, or you might actually be in trouble!
2. Rapid Strike him 20 times with an effective skill of 20. If you're afraid he'll parry or dodge some of your attacks, make them Deceptive down to skill 14. Since he's not wearing armor you don't need to worry about damage, the 1d damage you get is enough.
3. repeat step 2 as necessary.
>>
>>51327809
>>51327683
Well, that's what I figured at first, but what if he also has Karate at DX+70? And what if he has Aggressive Parry?
>>
>>51247332
We just need people with more hot opinions and bitching about the system.
...Rules are gay. GURPS is gay. Your gay.
>>
File: Tw3_journal_howler.png (440KB, 654x727px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_journal_howler.png
440KB, 654x727px
So what sort of advantages should a big "Solo" monster have in order to not be totally stomped by run of the mill soldiers? I'm running a fantasy TL 3-4ish game, and I am having some trouble getting a monster that is not too weak or unkillable
>>
>>51328383
I agree, his gay.
>>
>GURPS
More like HURRDURRPS, amirite guys?
>>
I need a well, which rules do i use for figuring out price? just the rules for digging? maybe mining from lowtech? We are on Mid TL3
>>
>>51329339
Figure out how deep your well needs to be, then calculate the man hours it would take for a single person to dig that deep with whatever well-digging technologies there are at TL3. I feel that it's a Status-1 job, so that's what you would base the cost off of (their monthly pay). Then you'd need to figure out how long it would take for a mason to turn it from a hole in the ground with water into a proper well, and figure the cost from his monthly pay. Also, look up how wells are made because I have no clue.
>>
>>51328399
Peripheral/360 vision. Taking on many foes alone is suicide because you can't defend against attacks from the rear, and those two advantages mitigate/remove that issue and improve survivability vs groups immensely.

AoE/Extra Attacks. Being able to threaten multiple party members at once is very useful.

DR/Injury Tolerance. A group of run-of-the-mill soldiers kill big beasties by either nickel-and-dimeing it to death or by critfishing. DR reduces incoming damage and Injury Tolerance keeps cut/imp weapons (e.g. polearms and spears) from being overly lethal post-DR (or if they ignore/reduce DR like some results on the critical hit table produce).

Basic Speed/Enhanced Move/Chameleon/Silent. There are only so many dudes that can get into melee with your monster, but *everyone* can take potshots at it from a relatively safe distance away, and the best defense against bows, crossbows, and early guns (aside form innate DR and Injury Tolerance; those are also quite effective here) is simply not getting shot at. Ambush and hit-and-run tactics are popular in the animal kingdom for a very good reason, and bestial monsters would employ them against humans to terrifying effect. Being able to flit in and out of combat and hide with ease would make for a very difficult fight.
>>
I got a question about Feints as a newbie GM.

The FAQ recommends not telling the players about the Feint until the turn where it becomes effective, my question is where exactly during the turn should I roll the Feint?

So suppose NPC Alice and Player Bob are fighting, and it goes something like this:

>Alice's Turn 1
1. Alice attacks Bob and misses (this is actually a Feint, but I'm not telling yet).
>Bob's Turn 1
2. Bob attacks Alice and Alice defends.
>Alice's Turn 2
3. Alice declares an attack
4. Alice rolls to hit, succeeds
5. Bob declares a defense
6. Bob rolls defense

At which point should I go "Aha! The previous attack was a Feint, roll to see if you saw through it"? Is it Between 2 and 3, 3 and 4, 4 and 5 or 5 and 6? Or phrased another way, should the player know that a Feint succeeded or failed before choosing a defense?
>>
File: USA3k.jpg (187KB, 736x1182px) Image search: [Google]
USA3k.jpg
187KB, 736x1182px
Hey /grupsgen/, I'm creating a setting where it's the far far future and humanity has been thrown back to TL 0/1. I want there to be a sort of magic system where nanobots left behind from when humanity was TL 12 can basically do anything, but the knowledge of them has been so degraded that nobody can control them. People vaguely have an idea of the broken english needed to control them, but they're finicky and nobody can control them 100% reliably.

So I'm wondering what magic or other system might be the best for the idea I have in mind. Any ideas?
>>
>>51330401
Martial Arts has an option where you declare the Feint, but don't roll until immediately before the attack that would benefit from the Feint.
>Alice's Turn 1
1. Alice declares a Feint. Nothing is rolled.
>Bob's Turn 1
2. Bob decides that he's going to risk it and attack Alice, who defends.
>Alice's Turn 2
3. Alice rolls her Feint against Bob, and Alice wins.
4. Alice rolls to hit, succeeds, Bob fails to defend, roll damage.
>>
>>51325859
What the fuck is this sorcery
>>
File: An Ancient Evil.jpg (61KB, 1283x533px) Image search: [Google]
An Ancient Evil.jpg
61KB, 1283x533px
>>51331200
>not pic related

Time to pick up your game, anon.
>>
>>51326656
DF can be as deep or shallow as your group wants, just like D&D, or any other RPG.
>>
File: Lunar Heartlands.jpg (449KB, 1013x802px) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Heartlands.jpg
449KB, 1013x802px
I'm going to try to convince my buddy to give GURPS another shot, so here's more combat questions:

Does a retreat have to take place directly into the back hex or could it be to the sides? Could you "retreat" forward if your attacker is behind you?

How can I make combat more newbie friendly? I thought I'd shave down the options a bit. (All-Out Attack, Committed Attack, Feint, Telegraphic Attack are kinda special case, so they might could be left out of consideration for most fights.) Maybe print out some maneuver cards for the players to use.
>>
File: Witness Me.jpg (298KB, 900x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Witness Me.jpg
298KB, 900x1274px
>>51331200
>>51331466
>>51331566
>>51332699
>those dubs tho
>>
>>51332699
Retreat only cares that you step away from the attacker; if he's attacking your right flank, your retreat is going to be to your character's left.

However, Martial Arts does expand on this. IIRC, for a -1 to Active Defenses (net +2 to Dodge/fencing Parry, or net +0 to other defenses), you can "retreat" to a hex that maintains distance. This can be useful if you don't need the full +3 to Dodge and you don't want to give ground. For a -2 (net +1/-1), you "retreat" *forward*, slipping past your opponent's weapon. This can be critical if they've got a longer weapon (a spear you your sword) or you have no weapon at all. A karate parry that slips past the opponent's blade and transitions to a devastating counterattack feels awesome IMO, and it's worth noting that weapons without C listed as a Reach suffer immense penalties in close combat and shields not only don't provide DB, they penalize other actions too!

I use these two pages as they have all the options on one easy-to-reference sheet. I think they're from Mook's site?
>>
File: Hit Locations.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Hit Locations.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51332881
And here's numbah 2. Posture doesn't come up too often, but it's useful if someone's tossing out sweeps or judo throws.
>>
File: White Shirt Day.jpg (524KB, 1013x802px) Image search: [Google]
White Shirt Day.jpg
524KB, 1013x802px
>>51332881
>>51332938
Thanks, my man.
>>
Girl Genius GURPS when
>>
>>51334311
Never. That lazy fuck is never going to get around to finishing it. Your best bet is just copping things from high tech, ultra tech, and steampunk.
>>
>>51334413
>That lazy fuck
>oh yeah, so lazy, been writing a comic since fucking 2003, why don't they get a real job, like pandering to fa/tg/uys
>>
>>51324679
You've got the right of it, Friend. The only way to lose a limb in Shadowrun is if you burn Edge to survive a mortal wound, then it's up to the GM to pick how you get fucked up and totally arbitrary.

>>51324445
That was 3rd edition. 4th edition fixed this by making armor pointless because of how Stick and Shock ammo could easily wipe out anyone with a burst, up to and including shit like Great Dragons and major spirits.

5th edition works hard to fix this by just being terrible.
>>
>>51328399
Terror is a good one. Looking at it in a pure gamist sense, PCs will usually have better Will/Fright than the average NPC, so they should be able to handle it with little issue.

DR that works on everything except Silver/Fire/*Something Specific*
There's also a thing in DF: Monsters 1 (iirc) called Damage Divisor, which halves/thirds/quarters damage taken. Obviously, you can add the "except against Silver/Fire/Whatever" limitation again.

Regeneration (fast) which can only be slowed by one particular substance.
>>
Help me out /tg/

A player of mine wants the ability to place a healing station, or as he calls it "A healing well" in an area. Once there it will continue to heal anyone in it's radius at a slow pace. We're using GURPS: Powers for magic, but I don't really know how best to do this.
>>
>>51335729
Another quick question if anyone can answer it, that I have. If a person has both ablative DR, and regular DR. Does the regular resistance have to be penetrated before the ablative DR is removed, or the other way around?
>>
>>51336343

If either of them has the Force Field modifier, it gets hit first. If neither or both have Force Field, then you get to decide. Ablative DR might represent sacrificial ceramics on the outside of armour that chips off when hit, or it could represent the ability of a character to take damage without being impaired (like D&D's hit points).
>>
>>51335729

Are you adverse to house-ruling it? I find doing healing as a 'damage type' for innate attacks works better than the default healing advantage for stuff like that.

If you want to do it strictly RAW, the best route is probably an affliction granting regeneration with area effect and persistent.
>>
>>51335729

This would be an Affliction with levels of Area Effect and Persistent, with the effect of the affliction being Regeneration at either the Fast or Very Fast level. You use your Affliction on an area and anything within 2 yards (or 4 yards, or whatever) gets Regeneration for 10 seconds (increase the time with Extended Duration).

It's going to be VERY expensive. In the ballpark of 50-100 points depending on whether the Regeneration is Fast or Very Fast. This is balanced though; being able to just give people HP back is very very powerful in GURPS.
>>
>>51334445
Lazy as in he said that he would work on the GURPS book, but hasn't gotten around to it. Maybe he is less lazy in that he just has a short attention span.
>>
>>51341860
Honestly, all it's needed for is the setting lore the comic has yet to (or won't) cover. The Spark is just Gadgeteer/Quick Gadgeteer (possibly limited in scope), increased IQ and/or levels of an appropriate Talent, and Charisma with Temporary Disadvantage (Callous, Megalomania, etc.) applied. Powers: The Weird introduces "weird science styles" which are awesome and make the base invention rules a *lot* more open-ended (most sparks would have at least one of the Automata, Ontogenetics, and Para-Energy styles; Agatha has shown to have the the first and last style, and other styles certainly exist, such as the "mad sociology" practiced by one of the castle's inhabitants or the cooking-focused "style" used by one of the traveling circus members).

>>51340557
I think you would need both Extended Duration and Reduced Duration; apply Extended Duration to the persistent area and apply Reduced Duration to the affliction. Otherwise, people could step in to the healing area, step back out immediately, and keep the regeneration for a bit since Affliction lasts a number of minutes equal to the target's margin of failure/margin of success.
>>
You can add disadvantages straight onto your Patron advantage, reducing the cost or even making it a potential disad, yes?

Like if I have a 10 point Patron that gives 10 points of Enemies and 5 points of Duty, it would total to a -5pt disadvantage, yes?

Is there a way to do that in the GURPS Character Assistant?
>>
Rate my NPCs, /gurpsgen/.
>>
>>51345700
Did you buy up Speed?

Is plate in your culture's TL?

Can I play in Glorantha too?
>>
>>51346769
I did! I gave Branduan an extra point to make him a cut above the run of the mill thanes. He's the main antagonist of this initial part of the campaign.

It's bronze plate, available per Low Tech (p.108) at TL1, which is what most of Glorantha oscillates around. In any event, bronze is the standard metal used in Glorantha -- iron is an alchemical invention of the dwarves made originally to kill elves and trolls.

You can! And you should!
I'm planning to make available all my work on GURPS Glorantha on a blog somewhere, including NPCs, cults, and adventures.
>>
>>51345543
I think you'd have to make it 3 separate traits. Why do you want to combine them?
>>
Where do i find rules for a grey goo?
>>
>>51347036
>>51345700
This is some good stuff. I have always wanted to try Glorantha, but could never dislodge myself from playing GURPS.
>>
>>51347036
>I'm planning to make available all my work on GURPS Glorantha on a blog somewhere, including NPCs, cults, and adventures.
Tell us more!

>>51348017
I would imagine GURPS works well for Glorantha, though not sure about how you'd do the magic.
>>
>>51347928
What, like the apocalyptic nanomachine swarm gone mad? Easiest way is to just treat is as an ever-increasing AOE that deals 3d corr damage per turn. Ultra-Tech has more tame versions you can actually use.
>>
File: Two Against Many.jpg (493KB, 738x931px) Image search: [Google]
Two Against Many.jpg
493KB, 738x931px
>>51348017
Thanks, anon! Next step is magic and cults, which I will try to get finished by the end of the week.

>>51348268
>Tell us more!
Okay! There's not much to it, actually, since the physics of Glorantha line up well with a "real" world; GURPS fits right in. Magic is a modification, or an overlay, brought into the world through ritual and worship.

The spells in GURPS: Magic should work fine for the cult spells in Glorantha; it's just a matter of slicing them up into appropriate chunks and allocating them properly. I've already started on the main air god Orlanth, but it's got some more work to go.
>>
>>51348885
Man, gonna have to see if I have Glorantha books anywhere.

You have a site/blog for all your stuff?
>>
>>51347091
As three separate traits it counts as 10pt Advantage and -15pts Disadvantages. If combined, they are a -5pt Disadvantage, so it's more "efficient" in the players favor.

Also, as they are linked together (your Enemy and Duty come explicity with the Patron. If you lost patronage, the other two would be void.), it is arguably one trait.

The Patron advantage implies this but doesn't set a clear example.
>>
File: Queen Gagix Two-Barb.jpg (400KB, 738x931px) Image search: [Google]
Queen Gagix Two-Barb.jpg
400KB, 738x931px
>>51349958
There's not much on it right now except some old, old stuff, but here's a link; I'll post anything I put together here before it goes on the blog. If/when I actually run the game I might write up session reports, too.
https://thesixthaction.wordpress.com/

If you really want to get started in Glorantha, my recommendation is to pick up the King of Dragon Pass game. Playing that is the best way to get a visceral feel for the world while also learning a bunch of lore. Failing that, Heroquest Glorantha is a good start, which is pretty much system neutral, and talks about Gloranthan characters, cultures, and principles. Sometime this year the Glorantha Sourcebook will be released, which is designed to be a completely system-neutral introduction to Glorantha for newbies.

If you're really chomping at the bit for some Glorantha goodness, read this story, which pretty much exemplifies what Glorantha is about.
http://www.glorantha.com/docs/morden-defends-the-camp/
And you can always fall back on Beowulf, the Icelandic Sagas, Conan, or the Illiad for some real-world inspiration.
>>
>>51350024
As I see it, it's still supposed to be separate traits, and disadvantages counts towards limit as usual.
The only benefit is that GM may charge 10 points less if you decided to buy off those disadvantages and lose patronage.
>>
>>51350248
I have Dragon Pass, which I don't play near enough. Funny you mention Conan, as Hyborean Age may be one of my favorite settings.
>>
GURPSgen I'm going to be joining the Navy in a couple of months looking to work on a Submarine as a Fire Control Technician. GURPS seems like it would be a good system to have a one answer system to whatever I want to run with limited space available. I know that I can just bring a kindle but what I mean by limited space is that it looks like it can be run

>without a battle map

And almost all the book handling is during character gen and GM stuff. Is this a bad plan or should I look for a different system?

I also have books for
>Fifth Edition D&D
>Pathfinder
>Fantasy Craft

I'd naturally use the PDF/Ebook versions of stuff
>>
>>51351619
You are looking at the right system. GURPS can be done easily with theater of the mind. The basic set has tactical combat as an option, but standard combat is done entirely without a map. The game is generally front loaded, but after character creation and the like you won't have to whip the rulebook out too often and can enjoy just rolling 3d6 for everything.
>>
>>51351692
Alright I'll start reading up on the rules more, watching youtube videos, doing combat sims, etc and I might post some characters later on once I'm more familiar so I can ask for feedback. On a side note.

>tfw group members are going to come to the next session because they're literally trapped in a giant metal tube with you for weeks at a time surrounded by several tons of water pressure on all sides in the middle of the ocean.
>>
A PC's Ally rolled badly on a Fright Check in tonight's game, and ended up gaining a -10-point Delusion (The Elder Gods Are Watching Him).

Now, if it were a PC I'd just reduce the point total and move on, but Allies are supposed to stay at a constant fraction of the PC's points. Which of these options seems best?

1) The ally gains 10 points to put him at the proper total.

2) The ally gets 1 bonus point per session until he catches back up.

3) The ally is permanently 10 points lower than expected.

4) The ally doesn't gain the Delusion after all.
>>
>>51353662
>The ally is permanently 10 points lower than expected.
Seems right to me, unless he gained that delusion away from the party i don't see why shouldn't he just get a 'lower value'.
>>
File: tumblr_ngfv0omYnb1qj5qvfo1_540.jpg (168KB, 539x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngfv0omYnb1qj5qvfo1_540.jpg
168KB, 539x810px
>>51353662
>>51355357

Unless the fright check happens where the PC could have absoloutly no power over it then the ally can be reasonably damaged in game. The price of calling on one's help is that they can be damaged.

That said, you are right, the point total of an ally is supposed to be fixed as a fraction of the PC total, even if the PC total changes.

I'd give the ally 10 points of a mix of Mythos lore, Increased Will to keep from falling for that again and maybe a SOP perk to try to keep from falling into the same situation again, but also note to the player that this is Strike One on the ally leaving the PC. The strike can be bought off by doing something nice for an ally or going on a quest for them.
>>
>>51356061
Or the strike can be bought off by leaving the NPC at permanently -10 points.
>>
>>51351818
I don't know how useful it would be with 4th gen, but there was also a very good For Dummies that I bought when I was thinking about running GURPS.
>>
>>51332699
FUCKING LUNARS GET OUT REEEE
>>
>>51326902

The whole point is that GURPS already lets you build intricate, nuanced settings and complex stories, characters and powers. What it lacks is the ability to just crack open a book and play. DF is all about accessibility so we can grow the player base and get people into the rules without them drinking from the firehose and spending five months on GM preparation.

DF intro box set is absolutely essential for the future of GURPS. Go on the SJGames site. It's very clear to me that they're giving GURPS a very solid push with real company investment. If it works, then you'll see a GURPS wave in gaming. The flip side is if a year or two of solid effort doesn't produce much benefit, they'll reevaluate whether or not to keep GURPS as an active property at all.
>>
Does someone know the name of those medieval knifes that totally aren't swords, made to bypass laws about only nobles having the right to carry a sword?
>>
>>51360304

I only know of the Australian one, it's a bit later than medieval times though. It's called a "Knoif", I'm unsure about spelling.
>>
>Read dungeon fantasy clerics
>Has two articles about gods of sun and fire.

Does not this overlap?
>>
File: Illumination.jpg (2MB, 1829x2403px) Image search: [Google]
Illumination.jpg
2MB, 1829x2403px
>>51358826
>muh freedom
Wew. Sure is Orlanthi up in here.
>>
File: expertisedice.jpg (51KB, 742x282px) Image search: [Google]
expertisedice.jpg
51KB, 742x282px
>>51243645
Alright guys, I have a problem.
I fucking love GURPS. It's an awesome, awesome system. It was the first system that I ever played, and I love using it.
What I can't STAND though, is the fact that it only uses d6s. Yeah, I know it's petty. But I like having access to bigger dice. Has anyone looked into maybe having different types of damage deal different die sizes? I reaaaally want to use my d12 and d20 sometime
>>
>>51254616
Especially since you're not allowed to swear. Shit is lame as fuck
>>
>>51255572
>>51255724
>>51259519
>>51259617
>>51259765
I'll just say: This is a really fun way of doing things, provided that you have halfway decent players. If your players are shit, and don't py much attention, and take forever on their turns then it slows things down A LOT more then "regular" initiative.
>>
>>51361150

For me it's the exact opposite, ever since I got into GURPS I've been happy I could do away with funny-sided dice, regular 6-sided ones are so much better for gameplay, listing, conversion/calculations, eyeballing, etc. to the point where I'd even list it as one of the advantages of GURPS.

Damage dice is easy enough to convert if you insist. 1d+1 is 1d8, 1d+2 is 1d10, 1d+3 is 1d12, and as usual 1d+4 is 2d. You'll get a wider range but it's not too dramatic.
If you prefer the wacky D&D style with more crazy results with what's essentially a cointoss deciding whether "he hates your guts" or "he'd literally lick your boots if you asked him" you can convert open-ended tables like Reaction table and a few others from 3d to 1d20.

>Has anyone looked into maybe having different types of damage deal different die sizes?
This is a fairly interesting notion I'll grant you, but I just don't see it as reasonable. Whatever you may win in "fun" comes at a cost to simplicity.
Let's take an easy example. Impaling and Pi++ damage is 2x in torso flesh.
The first hurdle is, if you want to increase dice size, you have to roll INJURY, not damage as you normally do, which means you have to subtract DR from your roll BEFORE you roll, or you'll end up in a confusing mess where you multiply DR as well.
If it's 1d+1 Imp spear thrust VS 2 DR leather poncho, you just subtract the DR, end up with 1d-1 Imp, from which point you take the Impaling modifier into account and size up the dize and multiply the modifer to 1d12-2 Injury (0 or less means the armor stopped your attack flat). Subtract armor, adjust for wound, roll for damage. It feels a bit backwards and impractical compared to the usual way: roll damage, compare to armor, adjust for wound. Maybe that's just me though.
Another big hurdle I see is knockback as well as blunt trauma, things that are explicitly tied to damage as opposed to injury. An d8 or d10 crushing attack to the throat only inflicts d6 worth of knockback.
>>
>>51361150
I know there's an article about replacing the standard 3d6 with funky dice, but the replacements are six-sided dice with funky numbering (e.g. 1-1-4-4-5-6) that combine to skew roll results in one way or the other; if things are not going your character's way, replace one of your d6s with the variant that pushes results higher on average rather than fiddling with specific situational modifiers.

The issue with replacing a pool of d6s with fewer dice of higher range is that the system becomes a lot more swingy. A lot of the assumptions of GURPS hinge on an 11 being *way* more commonly rolled than a 14, for example. Low-tech warriors normally can get by with HT 12 because that seemingly small boost translates to a lot more survivability with 3d6. If swapping in a d20 instead, the amount of HT considered reliable enough to be a warrior that can actually handle fighting skyrockets to around 14-16.

>>51362389
What if injury type affected dice size alone? x0.5 is d4, x1 is d6, x1.5 is d8, and x2 is d10. A 2d+1 cutting attack becomes 2d8+1. This does make impaling attacks better penetrators, though Armor Revisited would negate this issue. It'd still need some serious tweaking, but it might be worth looking at if for no other reason than the expand the number of dice shapes used.
>>
>>51309119
I mostly just make shit up as it becomes relevant.
I haven't statted a monster or written a document in 2 years
>>
File: 1456884796835.jpg (51KB, 281x389px) Image search: [Google]
1456884796835.jpg
51KB, 281x389px
>>51309919
>Knowledge College
>>
>>51330576
That's mostly flavor. It actually sounds like the basic magic system is *exactly* what you need.

The main limitations are that magic MUST be verbal, and you'll want to limit the spell list that can actually be learned (or maybe not, you said they can do "basically anything")

As for the unpredictability, take a look at the "ultra high mana" rules in the basic set. IIRC, you basically just roll for critical spell failure anytime there's a spell failure.

Sounds like a pretty cool setting desu. Just make sure to keep your players in the dark about the magic source.
>>
>>51362641
>What if injury type affected dice size alone?
That was my first thought, but hit locations and injury tolerance screws it up.

For example it makes little sense that an impaling attack at 1d in Vanilla would do 1d10 damage to the torso but only 1d6 to the arm - it'd be easier to injure someone through their breastplate than their bracer.
And what about Vitals? Hits to locations that are normally the best protected blow through armor. Pi- is only d4 in the torso, but somehow gains above d12 (almost d20?) damage if you hit them in the heart, a pi- attack would BLOW through armor if you hit them in the vitals, but barely even make a dent if you hit a few inches to the side.

Another thing, a breastplate would somehow become more protective and more resilient when worn by a zombie as opposed to a human, because the zombie has injury tolerance (unliving) and therefore suffers smaller damage dice rolls.

You'd end up having to adjust DR and make special DR values against every type of damage for each location to make it fit, personally I think it's bookkeeping enough having to track 2 different DR values (like kevlar vest or mail has).

Also, still doesn't solve the issue with knockback and blunt trauma. Unless you roll your damage, say 12d, and then multiply by some factor to "downsize" it to an appropriate value on a d6, and then check how much knockback and blunt trauma you get.

As I said:
>Whatever you may win in "fun" comes at a cost to simplicity.
The more I think about it, the higher the cost seems to get, and the less worthwhile the idea seems.
>>
>>51362389
>>51362641
Yeah, I don't really care about using a D20 for combat, more about being able to use my different die sizes
>The first hurdle is, if you want to increase dice size, you have to roll INJURY, not damage as you normally do, which means you have to subtract DR from your roll BEFORE you roll, or you'll end up in a confusing mess where you multiply DR as well.
If it's 1d+1 Imp spear thrust VS 2 DR leather poncho, you just subtract the DR, end up with 1d-1 Imp, from which point you take the Impaling modifier into account and size up the dize and multiply the modifer to 1d12-2 Injury (0 or less means the armor stopped your attack flat). Subtract armor, adjust for wound, roll for damage. It feels a bit backwards and impractical compared to the usual way: roll damage, compare to armor, adjust for wound. Maybe that's just me though.
Could you explain what you mean by this?
>>
File: 245007-header.jpg (521KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
245007-header.jpg
521KB, 1000x500px
Is GURPS complicated as fuck? It seems like it would HAVE to be complicated as fuck in order to support the amount of shit it supposedly can.

I'm just trying to find something to support a Destiny game for my group- who happen to be incredibly adamant about their distaste with using any system that's too confusing or has too much shit to manage.

Personally, I don't mind complexity. My only real concern is finding a system that can equally support both firearm and melee combat, since I know some of them want to be squishing alien faces, and some of them standing back and taking cover. A way to incorporate at least some of the nonsensical space magic would also be cool.
>>
>>51363184
If your friends are illiterate faggots, the best solution is just to stat out their characters for them. Do all the technical calculations ahead of time, they'll never be the wiser.

It really is like a lego set. It can be complicated to get all the pieces you need together, but once you have it built there's nothing simpler.
>>
>>51363136
Not if you use armor as dice from Armor Revisited. 4 DR = 1d DR and 7 DR = 2d DR, and you subtract that dice of DR from incoming damage regardless of the dice type and roll the remaining damage. 1d DR removes one die; it wouldn't matter if it's a d4 or a d10.

And changing dice sizes for hit locations is no different that changing multipliers for hit locations.

Like I said, though, this doesn't make anything objectively better. You *might* be able to argue that it simplifies combat since you don't need to multiply injury, but that's a fringe benefit at best as most people that go HURRR MATHS don't play the system anyway. The only reason to use this idea would be to increase dice variety.

I will argue, however, that doing so isn't terrible or increase complexity by a significant amount. It's a wash that benefits people that specifically want more dice types.

It could be fun to see visually the deadliness of one weapon type over another, though. It's one thing to look at, say, a zombie and think "okay, my gun only has a x0.5 multiplier" and another to see your beautiful deadly handful of d10s swapped out for wimpy d4s while the swordsman's still rocking d8s.
>>
>>51363224
Cool, cool. I'll check this shit out. 4th edition is the way to go, yeah? Any supplements needed?
>>
>>51363159

Damage is not the same as injury.

Damage is a rough measure of force exerted upon an object.
Injury is a measure of badly your system fares from the damage.
Injury modifier therefore measures your resistance or weakness to different damage types.
A pistol shot for example is often survivable if it's lodged in your intestines, while a headshot is almost certainly lethal. Same damage, completely different injury modifier and injury.

A sword (cutting) doesn't do more damage than a club (crushing), you exert the same force by swinging a 3ft 2lbs stick as you do by swinging a 3ft 2lbs sword. the DAMAGE the same dice, normally you roll damage.
If you want a different damage type (cutting) to roll a higher dice than crushing, you have to move the roll and roll injury rather than damage.
>>
>>51362885
Good on you if it works for your group, I hate it when GMs do this.
>>
>>51363518
>dice as DR
>1d DR removes one die; it wouldn't matter if it's a d4 or a d10.
Oh so THAT'S what Armor Revisited does.

Yeah, that's a pretty neat solution, at least as long as you stick to full dice of DR.

Now what about Blunt Trauma and Knockback? Scale the dice down?

>"okay, my gun only has a x0.5 multiplier" and another to see your beautiful deadly handful of d10s swapped out for wimpy d4s while the swordsman's still rocking d8s.
For me it'd be the exact opposite. I'm stuck with a puny x0.5 while the swordsman does a deadly x1.5. It's a lot easier for me at least to visualize 1.5x as being three times as much as 0.5x than to visualize d8 compared to d4's, especially if different amount of dice are involved.
>>
>>51363533
You'll probably want to take a look at Ultra-Tech and Magic. Maybe Thaumatology.
>>
>>51363184
GURPS as a whole has a bunch of parts, but no part is complex alone. The issue is that people assume you need to use very single part in every campaign; no, the rules for asphyxiation and explosive decompression in the vacuum of space is not necessary to know for your fantasy game -- it's not even necessary to know for your sci-fi game if you're running something more lighthearted/cinematic (or at all really; it's a niche rules you can just pull up the one time you need it).

>>51363533
Yeah, go with 4e. Try GURPS: Action. It's a series of supplements that do a *lot* of the heavy lifting for both GMs and players wanting to run more fast-paced cinematic games. You don't have to go through and figure out what rules you want or what character options to allow, and players get to use templates (as close as GURPS gets to classes) that make character creation 1000 times easier and faster. Ultra-Tech can be used for weapons, but note it has an issue with armor and weapon disparity; if something seems too strong, it probably is and you are more than free to disallow or nerf it. As always, I recommend How to Be a GURPS GM.

On second though, Monster Hunters might be better than Action. They're both similar (series that present rules for GMs and templates for players) but MH is much more high-power and friendlier to melee fighters. However, MH is very solidly rooted in Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Supernatural-style fiction and will take some cleaning up to port to a sci-fi setting without demons and werewolves and shit. Thankfully, MH4: Applied Xenology does introduce aliums so you aren't starting from scratch.

Honestly, consider reading both. Action will probably have the better rules (abstract ranges, chase rules, and BAD are amazing for faster games and make my dick turn into diamond) but Monster Hunters has more powerful templates *and* covers a wider variety of character archetypes you're more likely to see in Destiny.
>>
>>51363732
Argh yeah I don't have an elegant solution for Blunt Trauma or Knockdown.

As for the latter half, you're right that it comes down to the individual if multipliers or dice type have more 'impact'. I personally find multipliers more impactful, but most of my group seems to be in the other camp.
>>
>>51362641
>>51363518
Holy shit, I really like this.
I've been wanting to convert our D&D campaign over to GURPS, and getting to try this "dice mulitplier" method in combat seems like it would be a shit ton of fun.

Do you think you could do a write up to explain how this would actually work? I think i'm not understanding the 'DR as Dice' aspect very well
>>
>>51364307
Basically, you take your standard flat DR value and convert it to dice at the rate of 4 = 1d and 7 = 2d. These dice of DR are *not* rolled because that would be way too swingy but instead are subtracted from the incoming damage directly. Roll whatever is left, multiply it as normal for the injury type and hit location, and take it off HP.

If damage and DR are equal, incoming damage is 1d-3 (min. 0). Modifiers are kept and will almost always exist for DR (8 DR = 2d+1 DR) and are subtracted as normal

Here are some examples
>6d pi vs 4d DR = 2d pi
>1d cr vs 2d DR = 0 damage
>2d cut vs 1d+2 DR = 1d-2 cut*
>2d cut vs 2d-1 DR = 1d-2 cut*
>1d+2 imp vs 2d-1 DR = 0 damage (If DR dice > damage dice, it's 0 regardless of modifiers; dice are more important than modifiers here and you should always convert large modifiers to dice)
*Note that in both cases, DR is 6; the results are the same whether you add a die and a negative modifier or simply tack a positive modifier on the end.

This system also makes armor a much better investment. If your DR is a touch more than the average damage of the incoming attack, you're fine. This isn't a big issue in most games, but it makes some ultra-tech weapons a lot less crazy; against a 15d laser (and ignoring its armor divisor for simplicity's sake), you need 53 DR to be considered laser-resistant and a whopping 90 DR to be laser-proof, but with these rules, you're laser proof at 16d DR, which translates to 56 DR normally.

With low-tech games where DR in the teens is unheard of, the rules get a tad clunky. Armor that only gives 1 DR is not only ugly to write out (1d-3), it's also useless and does nothing if your opponent is only rolling one die; you may want to keep DR 1 at the very least at the flat value.
>>
As always, late for the party, but let's try anyway.

Say you have Amish in your setting. Nominally, they should be TL 5, maybe 6. But the world around them definitely isn't. So technically, they should come with unfamiliarity penalty to skill checks...
... but then again, they aren't unfamiliar with modern world, they just denounce it.

How to solve this? Just apply to them skills of the "dominant" TL, or keep them on TL 5 or 6, but in the same time don't apply unfamiliarity penalty?
>>
This shit is incomprehensible but I am determined to make it work.

You can combine supplements, right? I can just take skills from one and just put 'em in another?
>>
>>51364893
Why not just use an inverse log value, where as you increase the DR it becomes more efficient?

I once worked out a system where damage was based off of joules, and as you approached 1000 joules the damage increased.
so
1damage=10 joules
5 damage= 100 joules
90 damage=1,000,000,000 joules
It took me a while, but I was pretty proud of figuring that out.

Anyway, I feel like just calculating a simple log variable would be much easier than fiddling around with dropping dice or multipliers
>>
>>51365341
Yup, you can choose any rules or advantages to include or ban from a game. Just make sure your players know which ones.
>>
>>51365186
They'd have Low TL and suffer unfamiliarity. While the Amish aren't unfamiliar with the modern world in the general sense (they know cars and phones and computers exist and probably have a basic understanding of what they're used for), they are in GURPS terms. They have never operated modern technology and as such would perform at a penalty if forced to.

>>51365341
Yep, that's the entire point of GURPS. Take the Basic Set and add to as needed. You also don't need to take everything from a supplement either. Use only what you need.
>>
>>51365341
Good advice - don't try to use ALL the rules. It's easier and better, not to mention intended, to pick what you only need.

Ideally, try first GURPS Lite. I know people who play for over a decade only Lite, since it has all they need and just from time to time use things from Basic set and specific lines.
>>
>hermaphromorph 5 pts

WORTH
>>
>>51365341
Generally, yes. In 4th edition, there are very few skills or other traits which aren't in the Basic Set anyway. Most of the ones in the books are just examples of what you can do with the tools from the Basic Set.

Obviously with a generic system which is made to handle many different play styles and genres, there will be some elements which don't fit well in every game and some skills and traits depend on others to make them work. Generally though GURPS is modular, so you can pick and choose what you want.

>>51365186
It depends on the specifics, but generally I'd call that kind of thing normal campaign TL, plus maybe a vow or something and just buy your skills at a lower TL.

>>51360304
I think the German term is Große Messer or Lange Messer, although I'm not sure if that whole thing about knives being more legal than swords is actually historical or just one of those memes.
>>
>>51365877
Well, that's the whole issue - is it even allowed to buy skills on different TLs, so for example you can have certain part of it "modern", while rest "low tech"? If so, then it solves me a lot of hussle.

Just a specific example - Amish don't use modern agriculture gear, BUT in the same time are trained in modern farming theory and apply as much as possible with their low-tech tools.
>>
>>51360304
That's Messer. Which literally means "knife".

And it had more to do with bypassing guild monopolies for making swords than anything else. For the similar reason machete was "invented" - it was cheaper to get a specific knife that would otherwise fall under weapon rather than tool than ordering a sword to cut foliage.
>>
>>51363591
>A pistol shot for example is often survivable if it's lodged in your intestines, while a headshot is almost certainly lethal

If you are playing with cinematic rules. Realistically, most firearm wounds to the head are survivable with prompt medical treatment.

Realistically a small bit of metal at high speed is a remarkably poor way to disrupt a living object. Making it go faster barely helps.

Guns are remarkably effective weapons because they are fast and operate at range, not because they do terrible injury. Realistically a 4" knife blade stab is far more likely to kill you then a gunshot.

Of course, it's jarring to people to see guns do less damage then a knife. This is partly because of the erroneous understanding of what kind of injury a knife does (being stabbed is a Very Bad Thing and no, a normal person can't survive being stabbed 6 times in the groin, thigh, abdomen and face).
>>
>>51366012
You are forgetting about caliber and few other factors. Some guns can blow your limbs off and that's not cinematic rules. A .50 bullet will tear you to shreds, which ironically cinematic rules downplay greatly.

Said that, I agree with you, since most used guns are handguns, where all what you said applies. Especially if they are relatively "low tech", so for example Wild West era revolver might not kill you even after taking all 5 shots from it.

But the bleeding from those wounds will kill you almost for sure.
>>
>>51366012
And adding to my previous post - it's funny how people consider a headshot akin to instand and guaranteed kill, but shot aimed for heart, which is literally impossible to treat unless you happen to shot someone in a in prepared chirurgical ward, is completely ignored.
>>
>>51366012
>>51366167
>>51366241
Is there any rule about gunshot wounds, or wounds in general rapturing important organs?
>>
>>51366408
That's what the injury multipliers are for; a knife to the gut (x2 injury) is more dangerous than a knife to the arm (discounting arteries, x1 injury) because the torso is jam-packed full of important organs that are kind of necessary to live. The Vitals hit location is this cranked up even more as it targets organs important for immediate survival like the lung and kidneys.
>>
So, my players are getting into carpentry, how do i deal with it? LT companion 3 rules doesn't have rules for figuring out work time and cost for things like chairs and doors
>>
>>51367815
As a rule of thumb? Treat simple projects as being 1/2 material cost and 1/2 labor cost, and assume that an average carpenter can perform $15 an hour of labor.

So building a $100 door would cost $50 for wood, sand, paint, ect and 3 hours and 20 minutes of labor.
>>
>>51367815
But there are prices for those things.

If you have price of any single object, you can calculate easily everything else. Assuming it's the same companion we are talking about, all you need is item final price. And I don't believe there was no price for chairs in GURPS anywhere.
>>
Any long time Gurps players give EABA a run? I Have a copy of it and have not played a campaign with it yet, looking for some experiences if any.
>>
I'm running a GURPS game on roll20. What are some handy macros and tips that will make combat smoother?
>>
>>51366408
High-Tech suggests that gunshots to the torso should have a 1/6 chance of hitting the vitals instead.
>>
>>51370095
A 'hit location' macro is damn useful. Pretty much just /roll 3d6 for Hit Location, then put in the numbers and hit locations.

Beyond that, go with things like whatever the roll to GM command is and perception rolls and common mods.
>>
What's the best way to figure out how much damage a falling horse would do?
>>
>>51373149
I'd think that's instant death even in fantasy land, 1400 pounds of animal is kind of deadly when falling on to you from a distance.
>>
>>51373149
See the Basic Set, pp. 430-431

>>51365931
>Well, that's the whole issue - is it even allowed to buy skills on different TLs, so for example you can have certain part of it "modern", while rest "low tech"?
Yes, you can buy any skill at a lower TL than your own.
>>
>>51373149
Thanks, just what I needed. Interesting that I calculate with HP instead of mass though. How would I figure out the HP of everyday objects, like rocks or houses?
>>
>>51374157
>How would I figure out the HP of everyday objects
Basic Set, p. 483

For some tables for common things, Basic Set, p. 557
>>
>>51374207
God damn you're helpful! Thanks so much, I'll have this game running smoothly that much sooner.
>>
File: 4a7b413281983.jpg (34KB, 780x722px) Image search: [Google]
4a7b413281983.jpg
34KB, 780x722px
>>51373920
Thanks a bunch! This solves the entire issue
>>
I like edged rapier.
>>
>>51376898
I like lamp. And long knife.
>>
Is there even a point in new GURPS edition?
If yes - what should be changed/added?
>>
How do i deal with vassals? do i threat them like allies?
>>
Small problem I just noticed with morphing.
So you can only morph into a creature that has an acceptably low template cost, yeah? So if you have 25 points, you can turn into say, a wolf, but not a saltwater crocodile. Makes sense, appropriate check on power.

I'm trying to stat out a character that's essentially beast boy. I'm using the Animalia site, which is a great resource. But take a look at the template costs, and tell me if you see a problem. I've taken off the negative cost for intelligence, and included the ST bonus as a way of showing the effective power of the template in play:
>Smilodon: 186 points (ST+10)
>Saltwater Crocodile: 174 points (ST+12)
>Polar Bear: 259(!) points (ST+15)
>Allosaurus: 193 points (ST+26)
>Giganotosaurus: 187 points (ST+43)
Do you see the problem here? Because large creatures can buy ST so cheaply, IT'S EASIER TO TURN INTO THE LARGEST PREDATORY DINOSAUR EVER DISCOVERED THAN IT IS TO TURN INTO A GODDAMN BEAR.

Did I completely miss something here? Pretty easy fix, just make it required that you buy all templates' stats relative to your character cost, but that seems like a pretty big RAW oversight
>>
>>51378185
GURPS 5e would (hopefully) have *much* better organization, some bits from Action included in the Basic Set to more easily facilitate simpler games, hopefully finally resolve the Staff/Spear/Polearm issue.

Really though, just a Rules Compendium for 4e that fixes the organization issues would be worth the dosh.
>>
>>51378405
Doesn't Morph also have the caveat of seeing, touching, or at least knowing about the thing you're turning into? That'd make dinos a bit tricky to justify in most games.

Also, SM is fucking inconvenient as hell. Can't exactly fit in a SM+6 monster into your typical encounter; unless every fight is in an open field, you probably won't be using that form too much. It's the same issue that makes mounted knights not a thing in most D&D games (unless you play a halfling knight on a wardog). There's also the fact that SM adds to attack rolls against you, so critical hit locations (like eyes) are no longer so hard to hit, and God help you if the enemy mooks are sporting automatic weapons that will shred you more quickly because more rounds are going to hit.
>>
>>51378431
I think you are correct, but it was a while since I've played or GMed GURPS, and at best of times I used the rules pretty loosely.
>>
>>51378334
That's one way to do it. It depends on how much detail you want to go in to. Allies+Dependents is pretty accurate; vassals are individuals that have sworn to serve you in return for some form of benefits or assistance. Another way is to fold it in to Rank; assume the feudal system is much more organized than it actually is and the titles carry explicit hierarchal authority complete with underlings. This way works better if the focus of the game is not on political stuff or the setting/campaign is not realism-focused; a player of landed knight that spends their time dungeoncrawling instead of administrating their holdings wouldn't necessarily want to handle a bunch of individual vassals, instead opting for something simpler like "I call upon two of my vassals to assist me with this quest" and the GM throws out two appropriate-strength NPC knights.
>>
>>51378405
GURPS animalia gives the polar bear Ham Fisted instead of No Fine Manipulators, which makes it's ST more expensive than it would otherwise be. It also pays for superior environmental adaptation and really good hearing.

>>51378334
Generally no; they are part of what you get for having Rank & Status in a feudal society. If they are notably more loyal and/or competent than average they could qualify as Contacts or Allies.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.