[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 75

File: tumblr_nnui6lr3931rsagu3o1_1280.jpg (246KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnui6lr3931rsagu3o1_1280.jpg
246KB, 1280x723px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51294351 → → →
>>51291272 → → →
>Dessert_Wars_5.trid
>A_Guide_To_Tantric_Ear_Massage.sim
>Endless_sheets_of_bubblewrap.btl
>Nightcall.mp3

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 53 (15% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your ban from Dairy Queen will expire in 532 days'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Miracle Shooter.exe

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon
>>
File: tumblr_o2fxht7rnI1uk6apho1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2fxht7rnI1uk6apho1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x666px
New thread repost!

Chummer Build 5.190.0 is now available: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.190.0

This rollup-build is largely bug fixes again, but we have some new UI improvements that I'd like to go through. First off, we've now got a JSON Export option available for career mode characters, accessible through the Export option in the File menu. This allows exporting Chummer's 'print' data to third party services such as Roll20. For further details, please see this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5ok5qe/roll20_charactersheet_chummer_import.

We've also made it easier to report issues; if Chummer crashes, you'll see a 'Create New Issue' button. Clicking that link will open our issue tracker in your default browser, with some details pre-filled. As ever, if you have an issue or feature request the easiest way to get it noticed is to raise it as an issue on GitHub (http://issues.chummer.net), but you can also contact us via Slack (https://join.chummer.net) or here, of course. We do appreciate the submission of crash reports via the Crash Handler, but it is substantially easier for the team to collaborate and keep track of Github issues.

As a final note, I've received some complaints lately that quirks in Chummer's behaviour can cause corruption of characters, rendering them unusable. I've not seen this behaviour myself, but I can appreciate the frustration this could cause. If it happens to you, or anyone you're playing with, please contact me directly either here or via [email protected] and I will do the best I can to fix it in a timely manner.
>>
Whats the best way of removing multiple initiative passes?

I was thinking about lumping all their actions into a single round so combat doesnt take so long as multiple rounds of combat with only 1-2 characters actually do anything is tedious
>>
>>51331526
I wish there was more on India besides it got really fucked up by VITAS and a couple hundred people with four arms.
>>
>* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your ban from Dairy Queen will expire in 532 days'
What the everloving fuck did you do to get a Dairy Queen ban and why?
>>
>>51331526
Isn't here a new edition coming out for shadowrun? Lite version or something?

Anyone know anything about I?
>>
>>51331687
It involves the secret recipe for their chocolate syrup, a vampire I used to love, a datasteal that went wrong, a serious case of Astral Herpes, and a bunch of dead bodies and spent casings.
>>
>>51331738
You're probably thinking of Shadowrun: Anarchy, but it's not very good or even that very rule-lite actually.
>>
File: curious.png (530KB, 668x504px) Image search: [Google]
curious.png
530KB, 668x504px
>>51331808
>a serious case of Astral Herpes
>>
What's the stangest/craziest escape you've ever pulled?
>>
>>51332032
A.D.S or M.A.D.S, 4e augmentation book, check the diseases.
>>
File: 1446936549187.jpg (41KB, 325x266px) Image search: [Google]
1446936549187.jpg
41KB, 325x266px
>>51331567
You do G.O.D.'s work, yekka.
>>
>>51332032
It's like regular herpes, but on your soul instead of your dick.
>>
>>51331825
Thanks anon. That is it. Was hoping it had been straightened out.
>>
>>51332073
>>51332146
Oh lawd, it's actually a thing.
>>
>>51328548

If you're a van rigger, you can skimp on some physical attributes - STR and BOD primarily, AGI to a lesser extent. You won't be doing much in meatspace ideally, but shadowruns are rarely ideal. Pick a weapon of choice - e.g. Revolvers, Semiautomatic pistols, SMGs, Shotguns - and buy the weapon skill with the specialty. Try to get your dice pool to at least 8, and don't spread your skill points out across weapon skills. You should pick a firearm (Automatics are arguably the best choice for low dice pool combat characters because of suppressive fire, but pick what fits your character concept) instead of a melee skill, but buy a knife anyway because it's a great tool.

Again, decide between dronemaster rigger or jumper rigger. You can do both (if you're a jumping rigger, get a few cheap drones like flying eyes/flyspys anyway, just because having a surveillance net is dope). Buying both a rating 2 control rig and a RCC is doable, but that's a lot of your starting cash. Specializing here frees up a big chunk of nuyen that can be more drones or bigger drones.

When it comes to souping up your drones/cars (I'll say drones for brevity), Armor is kind of a god stat. Drones (unlike meatbags) don't take stun damage, so any physical damage less than the drone's armor minus AP does nothing. Stun damage also does nothing (natch), but drones take electricity damage as physical damage, and they can take matrix damage from electrical attacks, too. This is why the Steel Lynx is so dope out of the box: 12 armor means that that Fichetti's rounds are just gonna bounce off its hull. Drones are expensive, so protect that investment.
>>
>>51332071
Perma-GM but my players once escaped a stealthy heist job by blowing the supports on the west side of the building next door, causing it to fall into the building they were in. They hopped into the crumbling structure and acted like they worked there and were injured in the explosion. Both buildings were extensively damaged, eventually they both collapsed. It was stupid, but it worked.

They didn't need to do it, though. They set the whole thing up as a distraction just in case and then, after going undetected for the entire operation, they decided to use half of the planted charges now and half when they got out so as to get all of the security personnel away from their designated escape point and also not waste the 30 minutes of real time they wasted planting charges.
>>
Is there such a thing as zombies in shadowrun? Well, other than cyberzombies that is i guess.
>>
>>51332363
Yep, check Hard Targets
>>
>>51332363
Feral ghouls come close. They even spread an HMHVV strain that turns people into more ghouls, although not necessarily feral. Many places kill them on sight.
>>
File: btlc.jpg (60KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
btlc.jpg
60KB, 640x430px
>that feel when you realize you can run your favorite movie as a Shadowrun plot
>>
>>51332593
I beat you to that one YEARS ago now.
>>
File: picture19.png (519KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
picture19.png
519KB, 848x480px
>>51332625

Hahaha, how did it go?
>>
>>51332363
You mean Romero zombies or classica voodoo zombies?
Because if the latter, >>51332495, and if the former >>51332389.
>>
>>51332272
>rigger without a rig
It's so crazy it just might work. No wonder I've been having trouble finding the money for drones at chargen.
>>
>>51332678
Awesomely.
Most of the group got it right away, and those that didn't still had a lot of fun. They played the collective part of Jack Burton perfectly, only instead of constantly whining about their trucks they whined about their money, as it was increasingly looking likely like they wouldn't get paid at any point.
>>
>>51332751
Oh, and every once in awhile one of them would quote Jack Burton, beginning with
>"Son of a bitch must pay!"
Actually that line's become something of a recurring joke in my group when we play SR and get double-crossed at any point.
>>
>>51332751
>>51332808

Heh awesome.
Its the stages of Shadowrun acceptance. At first everything seems too dense and doesn't make sense. And then you eke out a niche of fluff knowledge on your way to understanding things as a whole. Eventually you realize that a lot of it is vague so you can fill in the gaps. Then you understand how much you can really do with the fluff when there aren't as many limits as it seems at first.

When you find the parallels that make everything make sense, its glimpsing enlightenment.

I've run Shadowrun twice, and played in it three times.
Both times I've run the game were terrible because I didn't understand the rules or the fluff. The first two characters I made were terrible because I didn't understand the setting at all.

I'm running Shadowrun for the third time for a group of players who have never done anything Shadowrun at all.
>>
>>51332593

> Kurt, seriously, you gotta be fucking kidding me with this character build. You blew all your starter cash on a Hellhound you can barely use. You dumped all your skill points into throwing weapons, and the only weapon you bought is a fucking Sandler. Are you planning on using that 7 edge to hit anything?
>>
>>51331567
Yekka, what job do you work? You put an endless amount of love and effort into this thread and chummer5. It makes me wonder where you get the time to do this all. I also want to thank you for being awesome and making these threads a better place.
>>
>>51333030
Sysadmin, more or less. It helps that I sleep like, four hours a day and get a kick out of being useful.
>>
>>51331567
I don't see an Export to JSON option anywhere.
>>
>>51333759
File, Export, Select JSON. Does that not work?
>>
>>51333809
I don't see anything like that at all in the file tab. Latest chummer, hit File, no Export option to be found.
>>
>>51333825
You need to be in career mode.
>>
>>51333834
Oh, okay.
>>
>>51333579
Yekka is truly our FastJack.
Better; he is our Captain Chaos.
>>
>>51331595
There's a fair amount in 3e's Shadows of Asia actually.
>>
>>51333867
That would imply an /srg/ hierarchy and admin powers. Yekka is a cool chummer.
>>
File: 1484254363448.gif (794KB, 486x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484254363448.gif
794KB, 486x600px
The Hacking rules of 5e are pretty complex. But are they fun enough to run a spin-off Deckers Only Shadowrun Campaign?
>>
File: 1410904736001.jpg (268KB, 1057x903px) Image search: [Google]
1410904736001.jpg
268KB, 1057x903px
>>51334124
Absolutely not. Not even fun enough with just one decker.
>>
>>51334124
For a deckers only game, I'd consider bringing more of the combat rules into the matrix - cover, environmental modifiers, etc.
>>
File: CkgVs-8UgAILKYH.jpg (175KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CkgVs-8UgAILKYH.jpg
175KB, 848x1200px
>>51333579
You're not useful. Tools are useful. You're a hero who made it possible for a fuckwit lazy-ass like me to get into Shadowrun enough to play and GM it.

I salute you, Yekka.
>>
Is Yekka the hero we need?
>>
>>51334059
Captain Chaos did not really exercise his sysadmin powers whatsoever, instead letting people just post whatever.
He only moved some subjects of discussion to areas of Shadowland where they applied.
>>
>>51334246
While here we are, one giant unsorted conglomeration after another.
>>
>>51334141
I was under the impression that Decking wasn't fun b/c everybody had to wait for that players' own super spesshul minigame. You're saying if everyone had the same mini-game, it would still be a pain in the ass for everyone?
>>
>>51332495
Is there precedence for a strain of HMHVV that has a 100% chance of any ghoul created turning feral no matter the infecteds mental faculties pre-infection? How mutable is HMHVV in general? I've been binging zombie movies/games lately and im sorta looking for a precedent for y'know "that" kind of zombie infection, if there isn't one, feel free to shoot me down.
>>
>>51334382
It'd work if everyone was doing the same hacking scene. It would be worse if everyone is doing their own hacking scene.
>>
>>51334394
HMHVV is literally a magic virus, and the writers repeatedly bring up the fact that "It's magic!" and if it doesn't make sense, they don't gotta explain shit.

If you want to create strain IIIz, no one can say it's not possible.
>>
>>51334240
>Is Yekka the hero we need?

I don't know, but if I ever run a game of shadowrun, I'm considering making an NPC homage. Might be named Yekka, or perhaps ChummerX. Probably a legendary decker; no-one's seen the hacker's face or even knows what pronoun applies to it. Attempts to trace the decker have led people on a wild goose chase all over the world. Some rumors include ChummerX being a whole organization, perhaps a sentient artificial intelligence, or even the set-up to an elaborate sting operation. After all, how could one metahuman be so productive and generous?

The hacker, or perhaps a group of hackers, probably does things like crack the copy-protection on cyberprograms (allowing them to be downloaded for free), make illegal ownership-changes with stunning rapidity as a service to fences, and sometimes help promising runners gain their footing in a data haven.
>>
>>51334663
Yekka, how does this make you feel? To know that anon would make you an NPC, and you'd be a super cool hackerman?
>>
File: file.png (78KB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
78KB, 343x255px
>>51334747
This entire thread is weird.
>>
File: 2Cnh6M3.png (21KB, 151x252px) Image search: [Google]
2Cnh6M3.png
21KB, 151x252px
>>51334783
>>
>>51331567
thanks bby u so best
>>
>>51331570
Keep in mind that taking multiple actions all together or in clumps can lead to only a few people talking actions, only this time it's because nobody else is still up to take actions.
>>
>>51334124
The decking rules are like putting a nail through your dick. Accruing marks, figuring out Hosts, GOD, and so forth are all just garbage, and the rules for cybercombat are the least tactical, least interactive rules in the game. It's mechanics without an environment, and gameplay where every roll is make or break with no real options for recovery.

It's the least shit that hacking has ever been, in any edition, but early editions - unlike the current one - could be semi-interesting as standalone decker systems. This one just plain isn't useful or good.

Simplify decking into a simple pass/fail system in normal games, and for dedicated VR games look to another system entirely.
>>
Man don't you hate it when the vory boss you saved from ambush decides to walk out of the safe house alone and get himself shot in the head
>>
>>51336127
Did I already get some kind of payment out of the saving?

If so, no I don't hate it but I do dislike it.

If not, yes. I hate. Hate like a thousand suns.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (82KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
82KB, 510x530px
>>51336127
>vory boss
>shot in the head

oops
>>
>>51336183
No payment. Not even hired. Just our face and him wanted info from one guy. Both had driven and just waltz into the place ignoring my plead that this is a set up. And you know who had too fight of 4 enemy runners with 24 armor and 16 dices to shot ares alpha?Me.
>>51336209
Funny thing he was the guy who made peace with the dutch and prohibited slave trading. And he is dead now.
>>
>>51334124
Okay, I have to know; whose face is flashing on 2016's visor?
>>
>>51336267
>peace
>prohibited slave trading

Sounds like a real charmer, which most Vory are anything but.

In all my experiences in Shadowrun, I always have terrible experiences with the Vory - either my GM's really hate them, or its just the type.
>>
Wait, so PCP is pretty much Kamikaze right? So if I want to be an IRL street sam I just need to get some prosthetic arms, glue a knife to one, and dose up on PCP.
>>
>>51336339
What are Vory?
>>
>>51336405
the russian mob
>>
I'm stuck guys, I threw in (I forget the name) the anthro child size tutor drone as a mcguffin on a run, it's got a section of memory thats heavily encrypted and currently inaccessible to the players. One of the players took one and now he won't leave it alone, and I can't for the life of me think of wtf it does. I've started thinking maybe I can work it out so the player gets the sensei quality after a run to unlock it, but can I get you all to throw me some ideas as to what this thing is and why horizon is making them by the truckload?
>>
File: viggo.png (1001KB, 1310x724px) Image search: [Google]
viggo.png
1001KB, 1310x724px
>>51336405

Vory v Zakone, the "Thieves in Law"

Russian mafia that grew out of the gulags from political dissidents and murders and shit - all the folk stalin and the bolsheviks sent up to freeze to death in Siberia. Later on, after the wall falls, you have tons of corrupt red army officers join in, and it becomes one a group of pretty violent and bloody folks.

There was a movie that came out not too long ago called "Eastern Promises" thats all about the Vory
>>
>>51336339
Well he was. Two leaders are left now. One of them is cool guy that we arw drinking budies with and wants to keep the peace.
The other was screwing the dutch and the vory by trading with people and we found out and liberated the girls after we were hired to protect the shipment(didnt it mas metahumans before). There is maybe bounty on our head from him
>>
>>51336465
It was a case of honest human error down the line. The encrypted stuff is all program upgrades that are supposed to be purchased and loaded to the drone later.

But instead, if you can decrypt those areas, you have not only a tutor for standard things, but several advanced subjects and some housekeeping stuff as well as a better pilot program (effectively).
>>
>>51336391
I hope you do this and kill someone, just so I can see what the media makes of it.
>>
>>51336469
Then in Vice (4e) it becomes more of a mix of crooked accountants and street level thugs.
>>
>>51336524
Ooh that's not bad, I can work with that, thank you!
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 3021x625px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 3021x625px
So I'm faffing about with an options rewrite, and one of the things I want to do is add cover art. As part of that, I need an image for books that don't have an image. Supports custom art and such. Technically not necessary, but shut up, I like making things pretty.

ANYWAY. I mocked up the one that's fifth from the left, but I'm not super happy with it. Doesn't help that I think it's a scan from the german corebook or something, but the major one is that it's more or less monochrome, and all the other books go from colour to greyscale when they're disabled.

Thoughts, opinions, contact details of an art nerd that'll do stuff for free?
>>
>>51337770
It is a neat idea but don't do that. Or make it optional.
>>
>>51337877
The plan is more or less to have it toggled on by default, but make it switch back to the checkbox style with an appropriate option. Mostly it's being used as a proof-of-concept for some other stuff in the backend.
>>
Hey Yekka:

Using the newest version of Chummer, I just got a crash when trying to add 'Sensor (Drone)' to a MCT Fly-Spy. I tried to send a report, but the crash handler also suffered an error while collecting information. Thought you ought to know.
>>
>write script for movie/TV show/TV movie based on one or more of your runs
>change names, corps involved and locations for the sake of discretion
>sell script through several proxies to Horizon
Is this a good and/or profitable idea?
>>
>>51338336
Why would they buy a script for a shadowrun when Horizon already actually records shadowrun teams live?
>>
>>51338380
Good point. You think I should be selling scripts to indie producers?
>>
So let's hypothetically say that coleman gets fired (ha, fat chance) and a successor is to be found
You have been allowed to chose the new CEO of CGL
who do you chose, and why?
>>
So I started playing Shadowrun a week ago with some dudes from a /tg/ gamefinder thread. We've had two sessions so far, set it Miami. Since I like getting creative with stuff, I decided to play a mage with the staple spells (Heal, Increased Reflexes, etc.) and whatever ones I could that seemed to be the most versatile.
One of those spells was Influence.
So, first session was mostly roleplaying our team meeting for the first time and getting a plan in the works for our first run. The goal is a data courier who's gone off the grid. We find he's been working for some gang in a relief centre as a cyberdoc, so we decide to go in and scope the place out.
Second session is about 3 hours of our face trying to fast-talk his way through his clever plan without being shot in the head. He tried to recruit a rival gang to lend assistance and spooked them a bit. Once we finally brought them over to our side (by which I mean we convinced them not to kill us on the condition that they get the doc once we get our paydata), we rolled up in our armoured van to snatch the guy.
These gangers were quite well armed, and had rocket launchers, which would've caused problems. After 3 or more hours of Shadowrun Face Adventures, this is where I come in:
>get the rigger to use a drone to scout me a path to a ganger from a third gang who has a rocket launcher without me being visible to their overwatch spirits in the sky
>memorise the route
>astrally project
>zip over to him in half a second
>hit him with a Force 5 Influence, 5 hits
>his directive: "Blow up some Black Foxes"

Continued...
>>
File: shadowrun scoobydoo.jpg (577KB, 1804x1436px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun scoobydoo.jpg
577KB, 1804x1436px
>>51338401
Jordan Weisman
>>
File: i_fucking_love_magic.png (30KB, 287x390px) Image search: [Google]
i_fucking_love_magic.png
30KB, 287x390px
>>51338404

Cont...
Three minutes of typing later, the GM sends us this message:
"Far away, a ganger with a long matte black rocket launcher slung over his shoulder leans over the side of a brand-new stolen Horizon milspec ship. In his drug-addled mind, a small string of mana winds itself around his weary synapses and sets of a chain reaction leading to the formation of an idea: blow up some Black Foxes.
He discusses this with the ship's captain who agrees, and they change course for Black Fox borders. Naturally at the sighting of what is blatantly a Fuckpig ship, the Black Fox coast guard raises the alarm and opens machine fire on the approaching ship. A rocket with "FuCKPigg FUKKyeAH" scrawled on it wipes the coast guard's life short and sprays them into the morning sky along a shockwave, raining fire and falling debris down below
The Black Fox is called into action, the Fuckpigs have made a major act of aggression for no apparent reason as they so often do. The Fuckpigs on their milspec ship suddenly realise they're being attacked, and radio back to HQ requesting aid with holding back against the Black Fox attack."

I managed to spark a large scale gang war with one spell, just to use as a decoy.

I fucking love magic.
>>
>>51338401

Folks responsible for german editions
>>
>>51338404
>>51338454
>I managed to spark a large scale gang war with one spell, just to use as a decoy.
Welcome to the shadows, omae.
>>
>>51338404
>>astrally project
>>zip over to him in half a second
>>hit him with a Force 5 Influence, 5 hits
This only works if they're dual natured / astrally perceiving at the time, or you can materialise like a spirit.
>>
>>51338404
>/tg/ gamefinder thread
How long ago did you get recruited?
>>
>>51338537
Yeah, I thought that, but my GM said mana spells can be cast while projecting and let it happen, and I hadn't played before, so I rolled with it.
>>
>>51338621
About a month. I posted saying that I'd take literally any system just to break the curse of forever GM, and the GM contacted me on Discord.
>>
File: 5168378-800x597.jpg (200KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
5168378-800x597.jpg
200KB, 597x800px
Since the illegal ownership transfer rules are a flaming pile of drek that make theft next to impossible, what are some good houserules you guys have found?

>inb4 it's easy just use this incredibly resource-intensive and unreliable method of rules-lawyering
>inb4 just don't steal anything lol
I'm not looking for people to tell me how to play. I'm looking for houserules to make theft work in shadowrun 5e.
>>
>>51338670
Well in the group I was in my character had good contact with a Russian smuggler group who were more then happy too take our hot goods, we got paid only a fraction of what they were worth but we got rid of shit quick and easy. Cheeki breeki.
>>
>>51338670
Protip #1: Stealing things becomes way easier when you can get them into a faraday cage before the owner notices the items are missing.
Protip #2: Your fence probably has a faraday cage for the specific purpose of hiding stolen shit from its real owner until ownership has been transferred.
Protip #3: You know who never notices when someone takes their stuff? Dead people.
Protip #4: Don't forget to fry the RFID tags.
>>
>>51338670
Have your Face fence whatever you steal to your fixer/black market contact/... presto, buy untraceable goods with the money!

Less money; but one major pile less hassle as well, omae!
>>
>>51338631
>mana spells can be cast while projecting a
They can, but they stay on the astral plane
>>
>>51338748
>Protip #2: Your fence probably has a faraday cage for the specific purpose of hiding stolen shit from its real owner until ownership has been transferred.
This is not how transferring ownership works. You need a matrix connection. #3 is recommended, unless the ownership is corporate.

>Protip #4: Don't forget to fry the RFID tags.
If you want to be more convinced, get a blueprint first, and keep your tag eraser plugged into a charger while you go. One pass with a tag eraser often isn't enough to fry anything, and they only hold enough charge for one pass.
>>
>>51338748
Protip #3 is very Sound advice.

Our Group accidentally more-or-less killed half a dozen gangers we wanted to milk for Infos.
One of the dead ones had a car, he didn't seem to mind me taking it.
>>
>>51338924
>This is not how transferring ownership works. You need a matrix connection.
You need a Hardware toolkit, some time and a very good dicepool for Hardware+Logic. There's no rule saying you can't make that extended check while inside a Faraday cage.
>>
>>51339092
1. read the German version
2. check the errata
>>
>>51339121
I'm looking at the errata right now and it says nothing about the illegal ownership transfer rules.
>>
>>51339144
errata pdf or errata forums?
>>
>>51339178
Pdf, and I'm not getting anything from a quick forum search either.
>>
>>51338396
>>51338380
>>51338336
Just so you know, recording your runs as they happen (from as many angles as possible) and then publishing a fully-edited version complete with identity masking is the default form of shadowrunning in LA. It's present but exceptional everywhere else, but in LA it's literally the default option.
>>
>>51339194
I'm not going to go digging, but if someone who reads German feels like trotting out the specific sentences, they can.
>>
>>51339357
>German errata
>Mattering to the English version
>>
>>51339378
>not playing with the latest approved Version

Shadowstepper pls
>>
>>51339378
Yes. Glad to see you're on board with the direction SR5 is heading.
>>
>>51338778
>>51338720
>pass it off to the fence

This is a fine idea. What do you guys think of a runner paying a fence contact for just the cleaning? Like if he looted a big fancy-pants piece of gear, and then asked the fence to get all the tags removed, have the ownership safely transferred, and then hand it back to him?

Does 5% on the base price sound reasonable for that kind of service?
>>
>>51339874
They could fence the item, then buy it back without an availability test, but a longer delivery period.
>>
>>51339753

Yo, Obae, wot's shwazzlin'? I be a new hotshot shadowstepper like you see on the trods. Can't wait to take the fight to the guy! Fuck Airies Microtech and Mitsubishi Computer Technologies in particular!
>>
Woohoo. GMing my shadowrun game in a hour or two! WOOHOO
>>
>>51339874
I'd discuss that with your GM. If it's a single piece of gear, see if you can't go the "I owe you a favor, buddy!" way that the GM can turn into a plot hook. GM's tend to love that kind of things.
>>
>>51339964
what edition?
what runners?
what campaign?
good luck
>>
>>51339874
I think it would have to be closer to 20-30% of the base price. For the fence to clean an item and return it you, he is accruing the same risk without the huge payout. Maybe use the rules for negotiating a higher cut when fencing, but in reverse. Each hit you get on the test REDUCES the fee for cleaning the Cyberdeck you pulled out of the Spider's head by 5%.

>>51339981
And as this chummer said, you could also owe the guy a Favor, using the Run Faster expanded Contact rules.
>>
>>51339990
4th

Russian ex-vory, elf razorgal, Former elf murder machine with no memories, Former spider, who is hackerman, Punch adept the punching.

Random runs until I can think of a meta-plot of some type maybe.
>>
>>51339260
I knew that, though it slipped my mind at the moment. The fact of the matter is that I had a run, didn't record it and then after the fact thought "hey, that would've made a great TV movie or something".

Also, on that subject, let's face it: the LA runs probably aren't the most interesting in the world. Sure, the runners are showboating and Mr.Johnson is setting things up to be flashy, but that's all sizzle, no steak. The runners are going to be playing nice and non-lethal, and they'll generally try to keep away from the more morally questionable stuff because they have a public image to maintain. At the same time Mr.Johnson isn't going to let the runners near anything that he and/or his employer truly want to keep under wraps, and some of his runs will exist purely to create media exposure.

No, it's got to be outside of LA where all the runs that would make for some real entertainment happen. It's like watching a soap opera or "reality" show compared to reading the journal or diary of a person who lead a very interesting life.
>>
>>51338433
>Velma as a troll

I love it.
>>
>>51336391
No.
PCP deadens pain station and reaction to shock, it doesn't ACTUALLY make you stronger or faster or anything.
>>
File: Bird Surge.jpg (154KB, 480x668px) Image search: [Google]
Bird Surge.jpg
154KB, 480x668px
>>51337770
Maybe colour the logo the same bright red as the MISSING text? That way it's visible when it's toggled.
>>
Hoi chummers. Had an idea after flipping through some of the cosmetic augmentations earlier, wanted to get some input on a build idea.

Most faces rely on CHA to get what they want, but the fact is a good LOG skill can be put to use in negotiations as well. The build started out as a decker that would hack the Johnson's commlink before the meet and pull up all their relevant info, then walk into the negotiations acting like they already know everything about the deal. It was... honestly not very great, and no different from any other decker.

So I looked to expand on the idea. I found in the books several mods that would let the user change skin and hair color. I found limbs that could grow or shrink in size. I found that you could even make your bust change size on the fly with a mod. That's how I ended up where I am now.

I want to make a character that can change every detail about themselves, modifying their look for an optimal social bonus during every meet. I want them to walk into a bathroom looking like an every-man suit and come out as some high-fashion model, or a punk teenager, or whatever else really. They could still deck to a degree, and simply use the target's online profile (or porn search history) to create an ideal form for the interaction.

I guess the real question I have is if this would require a GM with loose interpretation of the rules to allow, or if there is some quality or chrome I'm missing to allow this.
>>
File: 1469488352946.jpg (114KB, 851x645px) Image search: [Google]
1469488352946.jpg
114KB, 851x645px
>>51339937

Are we posting /srg/ memes?
>>
>>51341320
is that cancersticks-anon?
>>
File: Older Code.gif (746KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Older Code.gif
746KB, 260x146px
>>51341320
>>
>>51341315

Well, there are adept powers for that. Can't recall any chrome that would tick all the boxes, though.

The saddest thing about the "chameleon" character, though, is the fact that it's a huge resource sink that can be easily negated by a mage if he knows who is he looking for/ remembers how an aura of someone looked like.

Unless you are impersonating the mage, which gets even more fun when you have no idea about how magic works.
>>
File: Shadowrun_logo.jpg (317KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_logo.jpg
317KB, 1200x800px
>>51341385

Yup.
>>
>>51341422
Oh yeah, magic is a thing.
I should probably check into that.
>>
File: Croki.png (483KB, 903x615px) Image search: [Google]
Croki.png
483KB, 903x615px
>>51341315
You'll either need the Fashion spell or an internal compartment with changes of clothes to pull it off. I'd get First Impression for sure as a quality, and the False Face cyberware in addition to Breasts 2.0 and the skin/hair cosmetic mods (I don't know what changes limb size on the fly, it it a cyberlimb mod?).
>>
>>51341320
I like this one.
>>
>>51341461
Cutting Aces has the Incubus spells, which are exactly what you're looking for
>>
File: Shadowrun plothook.jpg (17KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun plothook.jpg
17KB, 360x480px
>>51341458

Also, found this in a filename thread. It amused me.

>>51341461

Unfortunately, unless you can get around mages/ get them on your side by social engineering, all you can do about astral perceivers is a metamagic that requires an initiation. Or maybe it was two metamagics, one for hiding your aura and another for making it resemble someone's else's? You also need astral sight to pull that off.
>>
>>51341470
Yeah, it's a limb mod I noticed in CF I think. Looks more like it's meant to allow you to simply step over fences / reach into second story buildings from the outside, but I don't see why it shouldn't allow for more minor changes. Real question is if I can get it in synthetic limbs, or if they would have to be obvious.

Worst comes to worst, I could just keep a bunch of spares in the van and swap out before the meet / have a teammate deliver them to me in the restroom.
>>
>>51341491
Will check that out then, thanks for cutting down my search time.
>>
>>51340060
> Russian ex-vory

Cheeki breeki intensifies.
>>
File: GRL Ugly Heart.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GRL Ugly Heart.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>>51341542
There is electrochromatic clothing; a change of colours and swapping out a couple of accent pieces can do a lot for an outfit. I don't know if there are smartfabrics that can stiffen or become more malleable, but it seems like something that would be around.
>>
>>51341667
Considering there are belts, bracelets, and shoes that can be knives at a moment's notice I wouldn't see why not.
>>
Just hope the J doesn't notice you hacked their link.
>>
>>51341712

> Implying the J can ever catch a hotfire packer like me
>>
File: Dress.jpg (439KB, 2134x2127px) Image search: [Google]
Dress.jpg
439KB, 2134x2127px
>>51341777
You are going keeb, right? You'll need the automatic CHA bonus to keep your attributes at a good level.
>>
>>51341841
I don't know. Humans get that edge nad less negative attention, and the build would be more about knowing the target and getting bonuses than having a nice personality. It's a toss up really.
>>
>>51341315
For this concept, I'd suggest looking at the Profiler quality from Data Trails if you haven't seen it already.
>>
>>51341939
This looks perfect. Combined with first impression I'd be getting all the free die.

The only drawback is a negative for being unprepared, but that's basically against the character's whole design.
>>
File: Horace Bulldog.jpg (152KB, 650x715px) Image search: [Google]
Horace Bulldog.jpg
152KB, 650x715px
>>51341938
Your GM should give a circumstantial bonus to your checks, but you're still going to need something to build up from. Elf is low enough priority that you can still get some edge straight off the chart while still having Resources A and lots of skills (which you'll need to dip into social skills as well as all the decker ones).
>>
>>51342014
>elf
>low enough priority that you can still get some edge
You need C minimum to have any edge as an Elf.
>>
>>51342175
Resources A, Magic E, everything else C
>>
>>51342221
>Magic E
Did you not read the conversation about how he needs magic or something?
>>
File: Lineup.jpg (2MB, 8858x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Lineup.jpg
2MB, 8858x3508px
>>51342243
I thought he was still planning on going with the cyberware. If he's trying to pull off a decker with the Incubus spells/Fashion/etc., that's a different and much more complicated kettle of fish. I don't know if I've ever seen a full mage/decker come together properly before.
>>
>>51342304
I wouldn't call this a "full" version of either. It's a face augmented with tech and magic. The only decking they need is a hack-on-the-fly test specializing in commlinks, and the only magic they want is for the singular purpose of modifying interactions.
>>
>>51342304
That's a small troll lady...
>>
>>51342477
maybe she's a fomori?
>>
>get ambushed by a group of thugs that said they were hired to kill me
>knock them out and cuff them
>sirens in the distance
>gunfire from the trolls must have made someone call the heat
>fuck, look over the bodies for information
>they have their weapons, decent amount of novacoke, a dinged up commlink, and a choclate bar
>sirens grow louder, shit, don't have time to grab everything
>panic from the pressure, grab only the choclate bar and run off to our team's safehouse

I'm still mad at how stupid I am.
>>
File: Chameleon.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Chameleon.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51341422
>>51341315

aside from contacts and the car im pretty sure this was rules legal sum to 10 adept chameleon/b&e, that could be adapted or maybe give you some ideas.
>>
>>51342743
Real chocolate? Chummer, that's something you don't pass up! Any info on that comlink can always be hacked from the local LS precint's databases.
>>
>>51342743
Now they'll send more goons after you, with more chocolate. Stay on guard and soon you'll be rolling in brown gold.
>>
>>51342789
Unless they're Azzie hired/sponsored/other goons. Those guys are likely to have 90% (or more) dark chocolate.

It shows you why the original glyph was "Sour Water."
>>
File: CHOCOLAAAATE!!!.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CHOCOLAAAATE!!!.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>51343020
If they bring dark chocolate, that's even better. Not only is dark chocolate better-tasting, but I can cut it with milk to make the supply last when I start selling it on the streets to chocoholics in need of their fix.
>>
>>51343150
Hope you have some Artisan. Or that it's in the right form to easily cut. Or that it's got cinnamon.

But now I know what I'm putting on my next runner's list of unnecessary extras.
>>
>>51343291
>Active Hardwires Artisan (Chocolatier)
>>
>>51342743
You made the right choice, chummer. All of that other drek can be traced or will get you arrested. Chocolate is a goddamn luxury.
>>
>>51342001
>a negative for being unprepared
It's a -1 to social limit when not prepared, but there are a million things that boost your social limit.

As for your "free" dice, keep in mind modifiers in the core book. Remember street cred (+1 free with every 10 karma earned), and the +2 for blackmail material should be pretty easy if you're hacking a person's commlink after nailing 6-8 hits on a matrix search for that person. Though honestly I could see a GM adding a bigger bonus depending on how good the blackmail is.

It's a longshot, but if your GM rules NPCs' prejudices to work as per the negative quality (subject gets -2, other party gets +2 per rank of prejudice), then you might be able to abuse that. Look like an elf for the dwarf supremacist to throw him off his game so hard that he gets -6 while you get +6. Dress like a wageslave for the anarchist, and so on. Though you might also get shot that way, it depends on how your GM does it.
>>
>>51338247
Fixed in the latest commit.
>>
Tell me about your foci /srg/
>>
>>51344205
>Tell me about your foci /srg/

extreme cyberweapon, 5 bladed cyberschlongs on my left hand
>>
>>51343902
Thanks omae. Sensors work now, but I got a similar crash when adding drone armor. I'm thinking drones might just be fragged in the current build.
>>
>>51344205

Anal beads
>>
File: 1484374995112.jpg (87KB, 564x833px) Image search: [Google]
1484374995112.jpg
87KB, 564x833px
>>51344205

My last character had a Qi focus earring.
Just a simple silver ring, granting Improved Attribute: Agility.
She was the party's close combat and infiltration specialist.
>>
>>51345415
Didn't happen.
>>
>>51344205
Once had a Power Focus which was an assault rifle bullet that actually hit him but didn't kill him.
He wore it around a chain around his neck.
>>
>>51336316
People that died. There's also Prince's symbol and Bowie's iconic lightning bolt.
>>
File: 57515723_p0.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
57515723_p0.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
>>51345699

You do know there's a decent-sized Shadowrun community on F-list, right?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>51345754
Plus think of the advantage of hiding a Foci somewhere that (probably) most people won't be looking.
>>
>>51345754
I know there's people who WAIT to play SR on F-List, for certain.
Not the same thing as actually playing.
>>
>>51346131
Can confirm. It's nothing but wheel-spinning. Even now I get myself irritated at how worked up I was, to the point that I actually created ERP sessions in my friggin' head.
>>
Alright what the frag does dragon hide bioware even means. "You have -2 on your thermal perception". What? -2 when sneaking against thermal or do they have -2 to spot me?
>>
>>51346489
>The user gains +2 Body for resisting Fire damage, but also has a –2 penalty on Perception Tests involving heat detection.

What do you think "heat detection" means when you can more easily ignore fire?
>>
>>51346489
Neither
You have a -2 for perception when trying to figure out how hot something is.
>>
>>51346566
Wait this make sense. Thanks a bunch
>>
>>51341487
I kinda want a M202 Flash in Shadowrun. 4 small rockets in a lightweight package sounds like the perfect launcher for a runner.
>>
>>51345754
From what I've seen, the F-List community is almost entirely people that WANT to play games, with like two or three GMs that have their preferred group and only recruit if someone drops out, which is pretty much how every online group ever works.
>>
>>51346440, >>51346749
Knew it.
Jacking off is not the same thing as GMing.
>>
>>51347107
It can be if you have a GMPC!
>>
>>51346654
Next time get your quote right.
>>
>>51340735
It essentially does, by removing all the safeguards your body has to avoid hurting itself.
>>
>>51347329
It wasnt about the quote but that perception by touch have never ever come up. Even there is penalty to specific type of touch perceptionk? Truly an alien concept.
>>
>>51333579
You're the hero our Gotham deserves.
>>
>>51347598
So you failed to understand the Perception skill first, didn't read the whole bioware section, then fucked up the quote? Here's (you)r medal.
>>
How'd your last run go, chummers?
>>
File: gro_characters.png (1MB, 1385x954px) Image search: [Google]
gro_characters.png
1MB, 1385x954px
>>51331526
Are there any "setting house-rules," you add to your Shadowrun, /srg/? Any things you add to the setting or retcon in or out of the established world in the rulebooks?
>>
>>51348986
I personally remove JackPoint
>>
File: 58425277_p0.jpg (229KB, 500x772px) Image search: [Google]
58425277_p0.jpg
229KB, 500x772px
>>51349025

Do you reinstate Shadowlands, do you use another equivalent, or do you exclude alltogether?
>>
>>51348836
My entire team died.
>>
>>51349086
I wanted to say removed alltogether, but after thinking about it I decided that neither of them exist

however 4chan still does

Times have changed
Our faggotry has not
>>
File: BestGirl.png (2MB, 2016x1772px) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.png
2MB, 2016x1772px
BEST. GIRL.
>>
>>51349191
LITERAL. TRASH.
>>
File: 886394e3e34e79ea1f115a5c94e29aec.jpg (515KB, 900x1275px) Image search: [Google]
886394e3e34e79ea1f115a5c94e29aec.jpg
515KB, 900x1275px
>>51349138

Did you make it out?
>>
>>51349405
Yep, just me. Infiltrator fucked up and everybody got facefucked by an HTR team, my mage/face disguised himself as one and got the fuck out.
>>
>>51349567
Mages have an answer to everything. I try to hate them, but I can't.
>>
Question:

Can I take a minidrone (a Horizon CU^3 Pro, for the sake of argument), mount it with a drone arm (with a built-in locksmith toolkit) and a rating 6 Locksmith autosoft, and use that to open doors? Drone Rigger has too few skills to do it herself, but this might be a decent alternative - assuming everything actually fits in a tiny-ass drone.
>>
File: 3af1489ebb51060326dbdd3a01f9c936.jpg (692KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3af1489ebb51060326dbdd3a01f9c936.jpg
692KB, 1060x1500px
>>51349645
>Mages have an answer to everything.

Except super-high background counts.
Or outer space.
>>
>>51349794
I'd say one drone arm is not enough
Put two arms there and I'd allow it
>>
>>51349191
Just because she has no standards of hygiene doesn't mean she'd fuck you.
>>
>>51349870
Don't have the nuyen for it now, but it's an option for later. As a plus, I can also install a miniwelder in the other arm so I can cut through shit when I need to.
>>
>>51349567
Give us the details if you can.
>>
>>51349850
>high background count
Gun
>>
>>51350026
Even so, it'd be a pretty hollow victory. Sweat is one thing, but it's simply gross to be near someone who doesn't take care of her hygiene, to say nothing of exchanging bodily fluids or, grod forbid, screwing that person.
>>
>>51350026
Y-yeah it does!
>>
>>51350246
>it's simply gross to be near someone who doesn't take care of her hygiene

You get used to it. Plus, she's a shaman, she can just cast spells on herself so I don't notice!
>>
File: 1423968306818.jpg (991KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1423968306818.jpg
991KB, 1920x1080px
>>51348836
We extracted Echo from the NSA headquarters under washington.
Survived a direct encounter with Delta Force
Blew up a major part of the DC subway system to escape, sparking a cold war between the UCAS and megacorps.

This was like a 3-4 session run with two previous runs of 3-4 sessions tied into it.
>>
>>51348986
We have Elemental Strike: Light as an option in 5e, but that's just because I had it in 4e and wanted it to carry over since we're all playing the same characters after a time skip.
>>
>>51348836
Last full session? The group saved a bunch of kids from robot santa.
Last time we tried to play? They got a call from their fixer, who told them a Johnson called and specified that he wanted them("The team that saved the kids from robot santa"), but warned that the guy sounded a little weird, so while they maybe shouldn't bring a BIG gun, they should definitely bring A gun to the meet, which is in a penthouse.
And then the Mystic Adept's player fell asleep so we ended there, and last week didn't get a session because the Infiltrator's player lost power.

I'm the GM.
>>
>"Hey Yekka, I finished my character for your new game!"
>Spent 250,000¥ on a car
>Took Restricted Gear in order to get a thunderstruck
>Took Trust Fund and National SIN, lives with his rich parents
>Also took Daredevil and 6 Edge
>Incompetent: Cracking, no cyberdeck
>Has points in pretty much every skill
>Highest dicepool is 7, in unarmed combat

Sometimes, I weep.
>>
>>51350488
Not that i'd fix much but as i recall the quality itself specifically states that you cant take "incompetent" for an action you're not likely to ever take/use. Or was that one of the decker specific ones?
>>
>>51350138
Johnson wanted us to get some dirt on a high-ranking exec. We tracked down a guy who had some, but it turned out he had been kidnapped by said exec's goons who were interrogating him for it in a warehouse.

Infiltrator went in and took them all out, but, as the GM revealed later, he had failed several perception tests to notice the guards calling for backup.

Just as we finished interrogating the guy (in the same warehouse; that was our real mistake), an HTR team jumped in and kicked everybody's asses. With some really lucky die rolls and being in the right place at the right time, I magically disguised myself as one of the original guards and bullshit my way out. It helped that I was a Shinto weeb so I had good charisma.

I went to where the guy had the dirt and gave it to the Johnson. I am now 30,000 nuyen richer.
>>
>>51350574
Did they not burn edge to live?
>>
>>51350569
Yeah, that featured as part of the argument that arose. When I suggested he instead take Incompetent: Computer, he complained that Computer is useful and it goes against his vision of the character.

I have a suspicion he's just trying to ruse me, we haven't actually done a character creation session or discussed what they'd like to see from the campaign.
>>
File: laughinganimegirlsriot.gif (5MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
laughinganimegirlsriot.gif
5MB, 480x270px
>>51350488
>>
Question about RCCs:

They function like commlinks, which means they can run programs equal to their device rating. They also provide noise reduction and can share autosofts between drones, the total of those two functions not exceeding their device rating.

Do these overlap?

As an example: I have a RCC with device rating 5. If I set it up for noise rating 2 and 3 autosofts for my drones, can I also run 5 programs?
>>
>>51350620
Considering his vision involves a 250,000 nuyen vehicle, and his highest dice pool is 7, in unarmed. I'd say he's got a bigger problem than being technologically incompetent. Is he expecting to burn edge every, single, driving related test he's supposed to make or?.. I dont even. Also, why the gauss rifle?
>>
>>51350488
Has this guy ever played SR before? How do you fuck up like this except on purpose?
>>
>>51350598
They did. So they're only "dead".
>>
>>51350721
Autosofts ARE programs, Chummer.
>>
>>51350488
This is why newbies should use pregens.
>>
>>51350892
Wow. That's incredibly shitty, considering the best you can get at chargen is 5 and you need minimum 2 autosofts for non-jumped drone combat (maneuvering and targeting), and clearsight and ewar are also pretty much mandatory. At least you can game the system a bit by running scrubber.
>>
>>51350943
To be fair, the official pregens also suck balls and break rules.
>>
>>51350729
Seems that trying to be a bored rich kid who's tried a bit of everything but never found anything he enjoys except running, and seems to have taken the Skill Ratings table as gospel when it says that 6 == Master, given how confused he seemed to be when I explained that I prefer to see a dicepool of 12-16 at your core competency.
>>51350779
>>51350943
He's been in a couple of my games before. Previous character was... okay, I guess. Insomniac razorgirl, kept spending edge to get 5d6 initiative and bait people into hitting her in melee to get riposte attacks. Day got ruined by a Wildcat with a Stoner MMG, from memory.
>>
>>51351041
>clearsight and ewar are also pretty much mandatory
You literally never need Clearsight and E.War on a drone. Sensor Arrays replace Perception with E.War, thus Clearsight is replaceable with E.War. (albeit, E.War is otherwise *useless* to a drone, but eh)
>>
>>51351041
Really, its not worth spending your RCC Rating on Noise reduction because its easy to get it from other places. Such as adding a noise reduction Module, a Datajack, Antenna, Fresnal Fabric (IIRC thats what its called).

>>51351079
I was always confused about the wording on Sensors when it came to choosing to use Perception or E. Warfare.
>>
>>51351079
Technically Ewar is also used if your drone is on autopilot and wants to counter someone trying to jam it, and the book does explicitly call out Pilot + clearsight for sensor perception, rather than pilot + ewar (though, bizarrely, if you RC a drone and want to use it's sensors, it's logic + ewar).
>>
Hey quick question for you fellas. I asked about combating Yama Kings before so I could keep my free clinic in Kowloon Walled City, I was wondering if yall had any answers.

Time is a factor a mind controlled pimp is killing all of my nurses with a shotgun.
>>
>>51351181
>the book does explicitly call out Pilot + clearsight for sensor perception, rather than pilot + ewar
The rest of it aside, this doesn't really matter at all. Clearsight == Perception skill in an autosoft package.

>When you use the sensor array for Perception Tests, you may use your Electronic Warfare skill in place of your Perception skill
>>
>>51351194
Kick a Great Dragon in the balls, then when it chases you lead it to the Yama Kings and try to keep out of the crossfire.

If you want a serious answer, you are screwed. Run away as fast as you can. Simply KNOWING THEY EXIST allows them to sense you.
>>
>>51351194

At this point you should cut your losses and book it, but if you won't I know a great mage duo (One's Shinto, the other is Wiccan) that specializes in these sorts of problems, and they're in the south China sea area. They charge premium prices, but their banishment work and astral combat are next to none. For a Yama King dealie, you'll probably need more than that. I have a chummer in Hong Kong, I'll see if he can hook you up with some recommendations.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. That pimp is in your building right now and shooting, right? Get the piece you have under your desk and put him down before he kills all your staff. Trained or semi-trained medical staff aren't super replacable.
>>
>>51351194
Is this seriously a thing happening or are you just making shit up because you don't have a game going at all?
>>
>>51351565
He's using my piece and I think I'm okay. The local Triads came by to kill me because I've been stiffing them and they got into a shoot out and there's only a couple Triad left.

Bad news is I think most of my employees are dead and they're not going to let me off with a beating this time. Good news is I think I can make it to my Ingram.

Good intentions really did pave the road to hell, but I ain't gonna let no goddamn ghosts, pimps, or gangers take my goddamn house.
>>
>>51351830
We'll yeah it's made up, it's a fucking game.
>>
File: Awfully Certain.jpg (95KB, 676x676px) Image search: [Google]
Awfully Certain.jpg
95KB, 676x676px
Hello friends.

I've just recently started getting in to the Shadowrun tabletop, and I'm trying to get a good grasp of the rules so I can convince my mates to play the damn game with me. I'll probably end up being the forever GM with them, but that's fine with me.
I just have one problem:
Whenever I read over the rules for rolling/creating characters my brain turns off and I go full retard.
The process seems very long and complicated and it just confuses me with all the obtuse text.
Is this stuff explained in, uh, layman anywhere?
>>
>>51352372
Shit. Forgot to mention it's 5th ed.
>>
>>51352372
don't think too hard
just make characters in chummer until you "get it"
>>
>>51352372
Depends on what you wanna make. Just fuck around with Chummer and you'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>51352407
>>51352441
Well, it wasn't so much for myself as it was so I can grasp it better to help *them* because I can already see the
>What the fuck am I doing?
happening at the table.

I'll take a look at Chummer, and keep it in mind, anyway.
>>
>>51352467
Then the best advice is to tell them to use chummer and consult with the GM as to what's going to be allowed at the table. The character creation rules are wonky as fuck, and it's better to learn through doing.
>>
Man I feel lousy because I have a group sometimes.
I know most folks on here are never gonna get a chance to play Shadowrun, and a lot of people on here would really enjoy any bit of RPing in their favorite setting at all I'm guessing.
It almost makes me wish quests were still allowed on /tg/ so I could make a "Runner Quest" or "Shadow Quest" just so could have SOMETHING related to SR to do that isn't just replaying Shadowrun Returns or Dragonfall or Hong Kong again.
Folks on here are too cool to just not get a chance to play dammit.
>>
File: 1444955891378.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1444955891378.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>51352467
You're gonna want to know how to make characters anyway so you both know what not to do (and can advise them better) and for other fun things, like having a contrasting runner team.

Also, remember the eternal rule for new characters.
>>
>>51352528
Tell me about it. For me, Chummer is Shadowrun. I've never been in a game that lasted for long. It's all introductory oneshots and slapping gangers around for a bit before that's all, folks.
>>
>>51352372
rolls are d6. hits on a roll are rolls of 5 or 6. skills are "attribute + sill level + modifiers" dice thrown. (example, my character has 4 AGI and 3 skill in pistols, with a 2 modifier for semi-automatics. I throw 9d6 and count any rolls of 5 or 6 as hits.) During creation, it's typical to count every 3 die as a "probable hit," with the whole 1 in 3 chance. Lastly, equpiment often limits how many hits you can get a turn, such as with a gun's accuracy rating.
>>
>>51352537
>Also, remember the eternal rule for new characters.
What? Run Food Fight with said new characters?
>>
>>51352578
Yes. Run Food Fight.
>>
>>51352589
Alright.

One more question before I run off to read a few more things.

In the MEGA I downloaded the whole 5e pack, are there any of the pdf's I should consider a MUST-READ other than the Core rulebook?
>>
>>51352559
Goddammit, if /Qst/ only didn't suck so much I'd just do it. I saw that there was a quest on /tg/ for SR waaaaay back when, but it just died because of lack of interest

It's just too niche to find people for it and nobody wants to GM it.
>>
>>51352372
Welcome to Shadowrun!

Now go fuck yourself!
>>
File: 53132183_p0_master1200.jpg (547KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53132183_p0_master1200.jpg
547KB, 849x1200px
>>51352691

There was also a weird Shadowrun quest that was running on early /qst/, where the players were a naga adept who was pretending to be a pet snake.

If you did run a quest, I might drop by. Maybe.
>>
File: Yerzed_Out_(Rating_4).jpg (125KB, 665x326px) Image search: [Google]
Yerzed_Out_(Rating_4).jpg
125KB, 665x326px
>>51351895

I don't think it's your house anymore, omae. Good luck with your suicidal last stand.
>>
>>51353304
That is really weird.
I was thinking one where you'd choose from a list of generic runner archetypes, each with it's own backstory and personality as the "main" character, but you'd also periodically switch to playing as the team members you get over time or whatever.
>>
How does Humanis feel about Magic? What are their thoughts on that horseshit?
>>
>>51346131
>>51346440
>>51347107

I'm the GM of Standoff, the longest-running F-list shadowrun game.

First off, having a crowd of people that want to play but refuse to GM is not a problem unique to F-List. The fact that we have a community split between those that prefer 4e and those that use 5e complicates things further.

Second, Running SR is a leisure activity for me, so unless someone puts together a patreon and starts paying me to run games, I have the one game I can handle, with the cast of players I'm familiar with.
I can't imagine someone running a ton of different games for multiple groups of people unless they had just a TON of free time to do it in.

Third, There's a GM currently who's running something called the IRG that is just a 'throw together a team of whoever's online and wants to play, then go!' if you want to check that out. They're running pretty frequently.
>>
>>51354217
I don't think they feel particularly strongly about the Awakened, actually.
Magic is too useful in their agenda to immediately discount it.
>>
In your opinion, what's the best way to do heavy response/Plan B for a team?
>>
>>51352688
No.
Also keep your players away from RunFaster except if you want to end up with a group consisting of super special furryvampire otherkin snowflakes.
You can hand them out a print-out of the normal qualities after they played a session or two and want to generate their own chars.

Don't allow infected
Don't listen to retards here or on the forums who suggest otherwise
>>
>>51354765
Infected are honestly a bad idea to make, and it isn't even the fluff. They're just so fucking pathetically weak and overpriced compared to normal characters that it's sad.
>>
>>51331526

>Previously on "Roll up an AI character and see what happens."
> Rolled an AI as my group began a new campaign. She basically was everyone waifu by being useful as fuck by hacking and rigging pretty much everything, and also by being really nice to everyone and making godly chocolate cakes.

Between last games, she bought her first body with the pay of the last run. (a japanese maid drone with some but not so obvious robotic features (mimic being pricey as fuck) . The party rigger had the honor to go buy dozens of young women clothes and underclothes, and many laughs were had about it.

last game, she was introduced to the party mage and street sam. That game was the funniest and the most epic one I had in ages of roleplaying. Without telling too much, It included highway multi-track drifting with a 18-wheels, cybered-up mercenaries, Renraku, technomancers, blowing up the rigger's car, loads of big guns and Karate. All in all everyone had fun.

But at the end, we had a discussion about my "new character" and how the party mage hated her, because she "wasn't bound to her body and could rig in stuff and go into the matrix easily and use drone skills instead of having to buy them" and how all of that sounded unfair. That plus the guy apparently couldn't sympathise with something not being metahuman, with it being something that "mimicked and mocked" being human without actually being alive.
The other party members took the character defense , assuring him that AI where very much sentient beings, and that my char was genuinely trying to fit in with metahumanity.

Finally , we parted ways, agreeing that we had an awesome time playing, but mage kinda seemed to still be bitter about it.

Street sam and rigger stated that their characters were already infatuated with the girl tho. Apparently , heavy machinegun wielding drones are kinda sexy in a weird way.

How do I seduce mage player tho?
>>
>>51354807
Somehow, I think you've gone wrong in making infected.
>>
>>51354977
A bullet through the head sounds like your best bet.
>>
>>51354807
>Vampires
>mechanically weak

Omae...
>>
What are some good (negative) qualities for a burnt out special operations agent? You know, the type of guy whos just seen so much shit at this point that theres basically nothin' left inside except the muscle memory, reflexes and training?
>>
File: 1484644682189.jpg (411KB, 1500x1073px) Image search: [Google]
1484644682189.jpg
411KB, 1500x1073px
>>51354977
>mage player
>being a dick about not being the turbospotlighthog he usually is

geeeez, why am i not surprised?

I have been playing a group where the available players switch on a session/run basis and the most intense and fun games had been those where we had no Magic or only an Adept.
>>
>>51355054
Backflash, (Dry) Addict, basically all qualities that impose negative modifiers in social situations.
>>
>>51355054
A slight refluffing of Uncouth might do the trick. -2 dice on social tests, improving social skills costs double, and you're considered unaware if you don't have at least 1 rank in a social skill. Play it as less 'flipping off Mr. Johnson' and more 'the standard response to a perceived threat is a knife to the throat and a "say that again" stare.'
>>
>>51355054

Addictions

Multiple

Also Compulsions
>>
File: bounty_hunting.jpg (41KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
bounty_hunting.jpg
41KB, 500x320px
Is "bounty hunter" an applicable role in shadowrun?

I don't know, I feel like I should be hunting down SNATCHERS and ghouls and weirdos for payouts. This whole heist format is weird to me.

Maybe what I actually want is a game where you track down and bring in shadow runners. Is that what I want?
>>
>>51355228

It seems to be supported - Bounty Hunter is a premade in 4th.

But I'm not even sure what kind of bounty hunting theyre referring too. Because you have the old west type, which is go hunt bandits and criminals for big payouts - and the modern type, which is go grab bail jumpers and wanted persons for reward money. But you also have the D&D idea, which is monster hunting for cash.

All of these are relevant jobs for Shadowrunners. I'm sure there are small time security and merc companies whose whole job is bounty hunting. But they can't be everywhere
>>
>>51355300
I imagine the character would have to take jobs from all three depending on what payouts he can get.
Who would you even go to to figure out bounties? Some kind of police contact, or a bounty website?
>>
>>51355300
Bounty hunter is a premade in 5th too. You can take it a few ways: a manhunter (dead or alive - dead leans toward assassin and alive leans toward 'extraction expert') or monster hunter (feral ghouls and dangerous paracritters often get bounties on them). Basically, build a street sam, but spread your skills and gear out toward hunting your target rather than being able to survive being hunted yourself.
>>
File: e02b0b2c5e8e8dbcb4d5c1e6cddecc14.jpg (117KB, 1224x779px) Image search: [Google]
e02b0b2c5e8e8dbcb4d5c1e6cddecc14.jpg
117KB, 1224x779px
>>51355315
>Some kind of police contact, or a bounty website?

Police always have a list of wanted persons, or persons of interest, with reward amounts for locating or bringing them in. In the real world, the reward amounts are usually in the thousands, from 2500$ up to 10,000$ and sometimes more.

Hunting down bail jumpers usually the Bounty Hunter gets a finders fee of 10% of the persons bail, so if the bail was like 500,000$ then its a fair amount of cash to be made. These people are usually called "Bail Enforcement Agents" or "Skiptracers" though (bounty hunter is an outdated term)
>>
>>51355228
That's do-able. A group of shadowrunners designed to rat out/catch/kill other shadowrunners, in order to not go to jail/make money/stay free/whatever.
>>
>>51355228

>Maybe what I actually want is a game where you track down and bring in shadow runners.

Shadowrunners are all kinds, and occasionally, they fuck up or start going beyond the scope of acceptable behavior. Most interests dont want to start openly gunning for Shadowrunners because then they wont be able to hire them when they want too.

But if your going after a group of Runners that everyone agrees is bad news, well then thats something you can do, and look good doing it. Funding that kinda hunt, and being a runner team to accept doing that, wont make you a lot of friends, but it wont make you completely pariah either, even if everyone might not agree with it
>>
File: tumblr_nrfy81XycH1rxd5pto1_1280.jpg (125KB, 421x1018px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrfy81XycH1rxd5pto1_1280.jpg
125KB, 421x1018px
So according to the official forums, there's another magical book coming out: Forbidden Arcana

>an advanced book of magic rules. It has new traditions rules, new ways of doing blood magic, some Mastery rules to provide advanced ways to specialize in magic, and more.
>>
File: hoodoo_01.jpg (220KB, 440x810px) Image search: [Google]
hoodoo_01.jpg
220KB, 440x810px
>>51337770
>an art nerd that'll do stuff for free?

Professional art nerd here that'll do stuff for free. Shall i send you an email for contact or something?
>>
>>51356134
Well that went better than expected! Flick an email to [email protected], or you can join the slack channels through join.chummer.net. Basic spec is just a 280x350 background template for books that don't already have cover art, and a graphic checkbox that wasn't literally three seconds in MSPaint.
>>
File: dammitSRG.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
dammitSRG.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51350488
Just so you know, that image prompted me to try and make a SR version of batman. I just you should know the evil you've wrought.
>>
>>51356221
>[email protected]
This amuses me (not that anon)
>>
>>51355069
Why won't mages get that they should be doing utility and battlefield control and facilitating the rest of the party being cool?
>>
>>51356411
Because mage-players tend to be fucktwats that are obsessed with hogging all the screentime because >durr magic
>>
>>51356221
Alright. Will take a few hours since i'm still at work doing ads for 'adult entertainment'.
Will do later tonight and then send you an email.
>>
>>51356447

Its funny because this is actually the way mages act in the fluff too
>>
>>51356567
Might be, you could still expect a PLAYER to not act like a spoiled brat.
>>
File: file.png (126KB, 250x332px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
126KB, 250x332px
>>51356467
Champion, thanks!
>>51356398
Hell, this is the avatar I use on the shadowrun forums.
>>
File: Average Shadowrun Face.jpg (35KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Average Shadowrun Face.jpg
35KB, 500x374px
>>51341458
Is it too late to jump on the meme train?
>>
File: 1405371109987.jpg (11KB, 106x100px) Image search: [Google]
1405371109987.jpg
11KB, 106x100px
>>51356705
I like your sty le
>>
File: tumblr_ohel72aCpI1u7dqbso3_1280.png (554KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohel72aCpI1u7dqbso3_1280.png
554KB, 784x1100px
Incidentally, a bunch of people have been working with exporting Chummer data into other random apps lately, including the atrociously-named Andrummer. https://github.com/oddmage/andrummer

Challenge for the thread: come up with a better name for it, because that one's going to give me an aneurysm if I have to keep seeing it. I have no affiliation with it, aside from that I responded to the guy's emails about this and that.
>>
>>51356736
that guy's style works far better for assorted eldritch stuff that for anything supposedly human
>>
So, idk if anybody is interested in this (or can even read it), but we krauts got some new Errata (our fifth) for the CoreBook.
The attached PDF contains all changes over all printruns (So from 1st to 2nd etc to 3rd etc) but its obviously written in german.

I COULD translate it into english, but i don't really have the time atm. Might post it on the official boards if i still do it.
>>
Quick question, since i can't finde that rule.

How is vehicle and drone health determined ?
>>
>>51356775
Pretty sure it's 6 + 1/2 Body
>>
>>51356786

8*
>>
>>51356775
Physical Track : 12 + BOD for vehicles, 6 + (BOD/2) for drones.
Matrix Track: 8 + (Pilot/2)
>>
>>51356774
Most relevant update for some is probably that the new fading Values made it into printing, so there is a high chance the same will happen for the english versions.
>>
>>51356736
Chummdroid
>>
>>51356824
Sweet thanks
>>
>>51356736
commlink
>>
>>51356736
Soykaf, Kobun, Jander. I'd say Anthro, because it's on Android, but that might get confused for other things.
>>
>>51356946
This please.
>>
>>51356306
>batman
>hermetic mage
Why did you not make him an adept? Also
>Ballistics Mask and Catsuit
SWAT armor is probably more fitting desu.
>>
>>51356306
>>51357636
One of the players in my game is actually a Hermetic Mystic Adept stylized after Bat-Man.(Granted, he's using his own brand of Hermeticism so he can summon Guardian spirits, which I okay'd because his old character was the combat monster anyways)
And he does have Swat armor, even though that's technically only fitting for the Dark Knight trilogy Bat-Man, who desu is not a good Bat-Man(He's by far not the World's Greatest Detective, which is Bat-Man's main schtick, and he wears heavy armor at all times, which Bat-Man doesn't do)
>>
>>51350436
Isn't that in 5e via Shadow Spells?
>>
>>51352528
>It almost makes me wish quests were still allowed on /tg/ so I could make a "Runner Quest" or "Shadow Quest"

You could. Just do it on /qst/. There's no quests on /tg/, not no quests on 4chan. IIRC, someone from /srg/ either already ran or is still planning to run a SR quest.
>>
File: Recoilless Rifle 57mm.jpg (59KB, 900x419px) Image search: [Google]
Recoilless Rifle 57mm.jpg
59KB, 900x419px
>>51352688
Personally I like to include all the qualities from every book, especially Run Faster, even if I disallow things like metavariants, Infected and SURGE. The options in the core book are just too few, imo, and given that qualities tend to stay with the character their entire life (and they'll generally only have a couple positive and a couple negative ones) I want the players to have the option of finding just the right one.

Similarly, I'll tell new players that they can do whatever with the core book, but they can ask for gear from another book. Especially for stuff like cyberware and drones, there is way more variety to make something interesting if they can go find that stuff themselves (or tell me about a concept and I'll point out some feasible options), while still giving me the option of veto if I see they're doing some obvious online build.
>>
So, if the average hermetic mage believes that spirits are "intelligent but inferior beings predestined for servitude", what does one with a mentor spirit make of his own mentor spirit?
>>
>>51358148

I have no idea. As part of that, I disallow Hermetics to take Mentor Spirits, and I force Shamans to do so. It makes Shamans more expensive to play, but it also makes them easier to explain to people
>>
File: Home Office.jpg (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Home Office.jpg
573KB, 1920x1080px
>>51355054
>basically nothin' left inside except the muscle memory, reflexes and training?

There's a quality in Chrome Flesh which is about being so burned out on personasofts that you don't have much of a personality of your own. That might do it, along with flashbacks.
>>
>>51356105
Mentioned on the Hiddengrid podcast, alongside the orc/troll sourcebook.

Will Mastery be as shit as the Ways? Place your bets now!
>>
File: Shaman Mask.jpg (392KB, 1811x2616px) Image search: [Google]
Shaman Mask.jpg
392KB, 1811x2616px
>>51358211
My nigga. That's the way it used to be, back before Unified Magic Theory sucked the fun out of being a shaman and made everyone mages with different drain stats.
>>
>>51358338
To be fair, the different traditions summon different spirits too.
>>
File: Insect Shaman.jpg (1MB, 1317x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Insect Shaman.jpg
1MB, 1317x2000px
>>51358358
Bah. Everyone picks from the same roster of spirits, just arranged in different ways. It makes a difference in some practical situations about whether Air is your Manipulation or Illusion spirit based on it's power, but fluffwise it's pretty random what spirit is what category.

You don't have to chant your prayers and ask the spirit of Tacoma to help you remove Jap, and thank him for his service with an offering of fine tobacco. And if they take off in a boat, you don't have to dive into the deep waters of the harbour and make your case to the spirit there, who can turn the power of the bay against those puny mortals. Everyone just leashes some variety of elemental and carries them around like Pokemon.

It just lacks so much of the original zip and vigour, what actually made the distinct difference between being a shaman who Believed in the mystical and in following your mentor to a place of spiritual betterment, or a Hermetic who thought of magic as just another science to be mastered and would bow to no one.
>>
>>51358461
>about whether Air is your Manipulation or Illusion spirit based on it's power

Maybe someone can explain that to me. What is the point of summoning spirits under those labels? An Earth spirit under "Health" does...what exactly? It seems exactly the same spirit. I dont get it at all.
>>
File: Spirit.jpg (775KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit.jpg
775KB, 1280x960px
>>51358587
A spirit's type dictates what kind of actions it can do. If you have a Earth Spirit in your Health category, that means the spirit can sustain Health spells, aid you in studying Health spells or creating Health alchemical products, etc.

Just as importantly, it cannot do things outside that category. The Earth Spirit in the Health category cannot join in combat, because it is not your Combat spirit. You cannot spend a service to have it fight for you, or to use it's Binding power to stick someone to a wall, or similar. It's clarified in Street Grimoire (using a Buddhist air spirit as an example if you want to find the reference) because that misunderstanding is one reason why spirits are so overpowered at many tables. A spirit isn't a one stop shop, it can only do things within it's delineated area; You can't spend all your juice summoning one F12 spirit, getting a bunch of services, and using that one for everything forever.

It also means, thanks to CGL, that no spirit is a good Health spirit because none of them have the Heal power unless it's a Spirit of Man and you picked the Innate Spell (Heal) optional power, and none of them have any medical skills unless you give those skills to a Task spirit.
>>
>>51358903
>no spirit is a good Health spirit because none of them have the Heal power

This is specifically why I was confused. None of the spirits seem particularly special in the roles there slotted into, but every spirit can do combat things.
>>
File: Catalyst Game Labs.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Catalyst Game Labs.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>51358945
Because rules for punching things is easy, and making them flexible is hard.
>>
>Rung&Gun mentions that you really want a quickdraw sheath for Highland Forge Claymore
>gives no cost for it
>quickdraw holster only applies to pistol-sized weapons
Thanks, CGL.
>>
>>51355054
>>51358233
There's also the Impassive quality from Hard Targets.
>>
>>51358211
There's literally a canon story about a Mage with the Wolf mentor spirit having him help out on a test.

Mentor Spirits are, in fact, essentially weaker versions of the Passions. It makes sense that any Magical person could see them.

>>51358338
Piss off already, grognard.
>>
File: A4LP1iA.jpg (73KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A4LP1iA.jpg
73KB, 1080x1080px
Have a dorf.
>>
>>51359037
>>Rung&Gun mentions that you really want a quickdraw sheath for Highland Forge Claymore
>>gives no cost for it
>>quickdraw holster only applies to pistol-sized weapons
>Thanks, CGL.

If it makes you feel better you can take a martial art for quick drawing it.
>>
>>51360106
Not really, but then we got Gear Access in the same book so it's not a total loss.
>>
New thread
>>51361032
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.