[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General MkXXI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 88

File: 1483655045288.jpg (671KB, 811x542px) Image search: [Google]
1483655045288.jpg
671KB, 811x542px
Artistic Pursuit Edition
Continuation of Previous Thread Sub-Edition

"Last thread we focused a lot on actual minis, games and lists. An anon had an interesting narrative battle report and the discord made a reappearance. It was rather nice, as can be seen here >>51230456"

XXIst thread, 'ere we go.

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
https://discord.gg/wYS2J6b
>>
File: IMG_20170116_141652591.jpg (614KB, 852x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170116_141652591.jpg
614KB, 852x1512px
Shameless first post for proxy Lightning Primaris and converted Palatine Blades. All BA iconography has been removed, with some difficulty, leaving suitably ornate armor and wings befitting the Third Legion. Still thinking about what helmets I want to give them.
>>
>XXIst thread
>No obvious legion to meme about
>>51243224
C+C etc etc

Effects
Destroyers become Troops choices and must be taken as the two compulsory troops choices
Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport
Any two units that charge the same unit within one player turn get +1 attack
Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take Phosphex Grenades for 15pts
Restrictions
May not take more than one consul other than Moritats
At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed
>>
>>51243361

Do any of those Palatines have the Aquila on their chests?

Because that always disappoints be about EC Armies, is forgetting the Palatine Aquila.
>>
File: Torgaddon.jpg (20KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
Torgaddon.jpg
20KB, 200x233px
>>51243361
>why are red butchers BS2?
>because they're wearing cataractii terminator armour
>>
>>51243410
Not yet, but I've also run out of aquila bits (for now). I've been enjoying putting aquilas and wings on my boys to give them extra oomph, even though they're mostly BaC generics.
>>
Reminder
>The /HHG/ Discord is starting a Podcast! >We're looking for speakers with wide interests and some measure of social ability that can hold a conversation without umming and ahing once a sentence.
>Do YOU think you can be a speaker, if so send us an audition! Is there something else you could offer to the glorious Emperor's podcast, editing, research, hot juicy topics? Let us know here in the Podcast_Development channel!
>Need your name given a chapter appropriate colour? Simply message @Haugesen with your preference!
1 week and 6 days until auditions close and we then try to make it actually happen
Would Saturday be good for most people, of course the actual time will be a compromise to have as many people as possible on.
>>
File: 1484284409855.jpg (40KB, 150x326px) Image search: [Google]
1484284409855.jpg
40KB, 150x326px
>tfw too tl;dr to get feedback

http://pastebin.com/hwAZXPiC
>>
Does anyone know the Castellax's base size? Thinking about converting some.
>>
File: 1484319817507.jpg (379KB, 720x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1484319817507.jpg
379KB, 720x1120px
>>51243488
Also obligatory reminder the title is a mistake, forgot to cut it out. Also psychic-pulses aren't represented as they should be since pastebin doesn't have italics among other things.
>>
Any players with Knights Errant experience? Been looking into them to add to post Isstvan IH/shattered legions army. If think about a Libby Knight/Rubio but powers could be unreliable, so leaning towards Garro.
>>
>>51243495
Dreadnought-size base.
>>
>>51243530
You could add three + on each side of psychic conversation, some BL novels did that too
>>
>>51243361
>All BA iconography has been removed
>Giant fucking angels wings
I like Sanguinary Guard barrel chests for Palatine Blades but the angel wings are too BA IMO
>>
>>51243396
Give me a couple of minutes for feedback, just got from work and having a meal.
>>
File: Emperor's_Children3.jpg (187KB, 1210x887px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's_Children3.jpg
187KB, 1210x887px
>>51243803
Different strokes for different folks. EC aesthetic is aquilas and wings, and I feel like they're appropriately flashy
>>
>>51243970
Make sure the wings are gold.
>>
>>51243970
Should have given them eagle head helmets and turn the whole dude into a golden eagle instead of just sporting one on their chest.
>>
File: I bring death.png (73KB, 511x417px) Image search: [Google]
I bring death.png
73KB, 511x417px
>>51243326
Alright you nignogs how do you arm your dreads? No meme answer with BA dreads being assault cannons to the max. It cheapens the megadakka.
>>
>>51244085
Pod, Flamestorm, Chainfist with flamer.
>>
>>51243762
OK, that will work fine. Thanks.
>>
>>51244006
That's the plan. I'll be doing the officer tonight to see how it comes out.
>>51244045
They're not glued yet, though I've been debating giving them beakie helmets for that kind of effect. I wanted to give the leader a Ravenwing Command Biker helmet (the one with the winged claws), but they don't fit with the jetpack.
>>
>>51244115
Sallies?
>>
>>51244085
Cortus with double meltagun chainfists, and a havoc launcher and extra armor.
>>
>>51244158
IF, hoping for BA allies with multiple simultaneous devastating deep strikes someday.
Boxnaughts are the coolest, but flame storms are the only reason to take them.
>>
>>51243396
>>
>Effects
>Destroyers become Troops choices and must be taken as the two compulsory troops choices
This is all well and good, but destroyers need to be fixed in the first place. Maybe rephrase it to: "Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices." (Thus making the rite viable for Zone Mortalis FOCs and keeping the text in line with FW wording.)
>Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport
Should add Spartans for squads of more than 10 models. inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
>Any two units that charge the same unit within one player turn get +1 attack
Rephrase it to: "When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they retain all the benefits of performing a successful assault." Or something similar, I'm starting to lack in the autism department.
>Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take Phosphex Grenades for 15pts
You mean Phosphex Bombs? They are also One-use each for 10pts, so I'd like a clarification on this.
>Restrictions
>May not take more than one consul other than Moritats
Moritats aren't the be-all-end-all of destroyers, maybe just remove the lone killer rule.
>At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
>Only one fast attack slot allowed
Nothing to add on the last two.

Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
Fun fact, the main ship of the Dreadwing was "Intolerant".
kek
>>
>>51244085
WYSIWYG.
3 Box naughts with TLLC and Fist, TLLC and Fist with Flamer, PC with First and Flamer, Contemptor Mortis Khrees
>>
>>51244085
Cortus-Contemptor w/dual Chainfists and dual Meltaguns.
>>
>>51244085
cortus contemptor with 1 chain fist 1 power fist, if i cant afford 2chainz, and 2 grav guns
>>
>>51244298
>>Effects
>This is all well and good, but destroyers need to be fixed in the first place. Maybe rephrase it to: "Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices." (Thus making the rite viable for Zone Mortalis FOCs and keeping the text in line with FW wording.)
True, but if you weren't planning on using destroyers anyway, why even consider the dreadwing?
Also, making sure about wording
>Should add Spartans for squads of more than 10 models. inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
Sure, but Spartans are still Spartans, I feel that the -wings should feel more operator than bringing a bunch of twenty man squads, other than those that are basically unaffiliated with the hexagrammaton and are meatshields.
>Rephrase it to: "When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they retain all the benefits of performing a successful assault." Or something similar, I'm starting to lack in the autism department.
No, this is intended as +1 attack on top of usual charging bonuses.
>You mean Phosphex Bombs? They are also One-use each for 10pts, so I'd like a clarification on this.
One use? Oh, they could use a price cut then, I didn't want to make Destroyers even worse.
>>Restrictions
>Moritats aren't the be-all-end-all of destroyers, maybe just remove the lone killer rule.
There's a lot in that lone killer rule,and your MotL will fulfill the mandatory HQ anyway.

>Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
Thank you.
>>
>>51244507
>Also, making sure about wording
*is a weakpoint of mine.
>>
>>51244507
I know we don't have much fluff to go on, but the impression I got from Angels Of Caliban was that dreadwing was more massive (and unusual) ordinance than destroyers, destroyers everywhere. Like, the area will probably be an irradiated wasteland afterwards, but that's a side effect not the main objective.
>>
>>51244572
Phospex rapiers become troops and phospex medusae lose the 0-1 restriction.
:^)
>>
File: Put up your fists.png (67KB, 511x417px) Image search: [Google]
Put up your fists.png
67KB, 511x417px
>>51244200
All dreads are equal so long as they aren't Hellbrutes.
>>
>>51244507
>True, but if you weren't planning on using destroyers anyway, why even consider the dreadwing?
The effect is the same as you intended, it's just a shorter read.
>Also, making sure about wording
Same here.
>Sure, but Spartans are still Spartans, I feel that the -wings should feel more operator than bringing a bunch of twenty man squads, other than those that are basically unaffiliated with the hexagrammaton and are meatshields.
That may be true, but the reasoning behind it is that you're provoking the enemy into attacking you with a combination of Phosphex and FotL, over phosphex dangerous terrain.
>No, this is intended as +1 attack on top of usual charging bonuses.
When two or more units charge the same unit, it counts as disordered charge so they get no bonus.
>One use? Oh, they could use a price cut then, I didn't want to make Destroyers even worse.
Destroyer Sergeants can take up to three anyway.
>>>Restrictions
>There's a lot in that lone killer rule,and your MotL will fulfill the mandatory HQ anyway.
The rite requires a MotL in any case, Lone Killer removed makes Moritats able to join other squads, such as those 20-man tacs.

>>Honestly, this doesn't satisfactorily reflect the rite, but it's a good start.
>Thank you.
You're welcome.

>>51244572
My idea of the Dreadwing is like stirring the hornet's nest so that you flush it all out. And what better way is there than to bring the biggest and the meanest guns available. You summed it up nicely, the wasteland is a side effect, although they are all a bunch of psychos, chosen for the wing exactly because of that trait. It really depends on the commander's wisdom. In an example, the Lion used them to bring Curze out - if it was up to Redloss, he'd have had simply bombed the whole region Curze was suspected to be hiding in to nothing.
>>
>>51244298
>inb4 someone yells >Spartans, 20-man Tacs are not maxed out Terminators.
Scoring Spartans, alright! :^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>51244619
Boxnaughts
>Can have cathedral shoulders
>Are adorable
>The hands are flat and therefore can be high-fived
>All the best character dreads are boxy
Eggnaughts
>Can't have cathedral shoulders
>Are stupid
>The hands are not flat and high-fiving results in being stabbed
>Name one Eggnaught character
>>
>>51244718
Oh yeah, no unit should be scoring in the dreadwing. My bad.
>>
File: Ancient_Rylanor_-_Istvaan_III.jpg (316KB, 550x778px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Rylanor_-_Istvaan_III.jpg
316KB, 550x778px
>>51244726
>>Name one Eggnaught character
>>
>>51244726
>>>Name one Eggnaught character
>Ancient Rylanor
>Honoured Telemechrus
That's two, you fool.
>>
>>51244744
FUCK.
>>51244732
Yes.
>>
>>51244732
>Units can't score
>Lose D3VP if the enemy isn't utterly and completly roflstomped
I get it, this is the all or nothing RoW.
I assume you need a Siege Breaker too
>>
>>51244761
Never forget.
>>
>>51244726
Lhorke, first commander of the War Hounds, reporting for duty Angronius
>>
>>51244760
>>51244772
>>51244777
GUYS JUST LET ME HAVE MY BOXES.
>>
>>51244764
The speciality of Dreadwing was total warfare where the voted-lieutenant bearing title Dreadbringer[2] used Destroyer Marine Squads supported by other types of squads to bring total anihilation of a foe on specific battlefield. The Dreadwing utilized mass armored assaults of Land Raiders, Spartan Assault Carriers, Mastodons and Fellglaives with advanced weaponry. They were also known to employ weapons of mass destruction such as Phosphex and Vortex Weapons.[2]
Somebody post that screencap of Bligh's promises for the DA at the last year's weekender.
>>
File: Annoyed Leviathan.png (1MB, 788x914px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Leviathan.png
1MB, 788x914px
>>51244726
Chill, anon. All dreads deserve love.
EXCEPT THEM FOOKIN CORTUS DREADS
>>51244744
Irs a nice pic, but how did he get there? And how come the buildings are still standing after the global firestorm?
>>
File: grav land raiders.png (189KB, 1286x1454px) Image search: [Google]
grav land raiders.png
189KB, 1286x1454px
>>51244810
I guess so.
But it sounds like a fookin apocalypse epic formation.
I mean, it goes from big to bigger and then huge.
>>
>>51244714
>When two or more units charge the same unit, it counts as disordered charge so they get no bonus
That's when one assaults two, not when two assault one.
>Effects
Legion Destroyer Squads become compulsory Troop choices.
Any model that can take a Rhino may take a Land Raider Proteus as a dedicated transport, any that exceeds the transport capacity to do so may take a Spartan Assault Tank.
When two or more units from this detachment assault the same unit in the assault phase, they get +1 attack.
Any character with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule can take a Phosphex Bomb for 10pts
>Restrictions
Other than Moritats and Siege Breakers, no consul can be taken
At least one Heavy Support slot must be taken by a unit with the Tank type
Only one fast attack slot allowed
No unit in the Dreadwing is Scoring
>>
>>51244804
Sorry for the posts, it's just I'm an intern for FW and the only way I thought to help market the contemptor would be to help advertise how much better the model is, sorry
>>
>>51244875
Oh, and probably no Allies or Fortifications too.
>>
>>51244085
Volkite culverin, assault cannon fist and havoc launcher
Two flamer fists
Not sure what to do with the future ones yet
>>
>>51244085
1 Contemptor with dual kheres
1 contemptor with chainfist and dread ccw it's a beautiful recast of the AL specific dread, the details are so crisp and pretty
1 leviathan with siege claw and drill, delivered in a drop pod

My Lunar Awooos will potentially have an autcannon+ccw dread and a dual lascannon one for.
>>
>>51244892
See if you can't get a job as proofreader, Emprah knows they need one.
>>
>>51244875
I just want my phosphex-loaded drop pod bombs.
>>
>>51244892
Why would you NEED to market that mini? They're THE 30k dread.
>>
Are we cycling through the legions again? Because the Dreadwing seem to claimed this one for the DA.
>>
File: IMG_20170115_222055.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_222055.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
HHG I need your help, what color should I make the lenses for my world eaters, Duncan does a green gem color on his YouTube guide but I see red pretty often. I'm at the hobby store right now...So should I just buy Khorne red for it?
>>
File: Perturabo Regimental Standard.png (87KB, 859x481px) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo Regimental Standard.png
87KB, 859x481px
>>51244994
Kek you're right.
Imperial Army, get fucked!
>>
>>51244175
Do the extra armor and havoc launcher pull their weight for you? I was planning on doing the same it's just a little pricey
>>
>>51245007
Green is the color of WE lenses. Do it or else ye face my wrath, KA.
>>
>>51245011
Can we do the Mechanicum or IA next? Looking to start one or both, but the IA appears to not have much going for it other than hordes of bodies.

Would Rending/Zealot, work OK? Seems that's the best way to murder marines with suboptimal troops.
>>
>>51245007
If you don't follow Duncan, you won't get nice fine tips on your brush
>>
>>51245011
You legions can have the first XL threads since marines are XL guys.
>>
>>51245072
I know almost nothing about IA, so I assume their troops could either hold their ground or charge forward while their artillery covers them...but who'd cover the artillery itself?

All I assume is that an Ordo Reductor army with some Vultarax and a Hammer of Olympia ally bringing two Spider-Lascanon Deredeos as their heavy support would be essentially unbeatable.
>>51245124
L-lewd
>>
>>51245147
]>L-lewd
For you
>>
With the destroyers. Why not to give them phosphex grenade launchers, and give option for more special weapons. Squad with theoretically is for chemical warfare ia armed with 2 bolt pistols.
>>
>>51245339
I'm loathe to add more phosphex to the game, honestly.
>>
>>51245339
Destroyers don't need anything other than a points drop, like breachers.
Also, ten AP3 3+ wounding small blasts that redeploy 2" in one squad? Really?
>>
You guys seem to want looots of phosphex, while simultaneously complaining about phosphex (rapiers).
>>
>>51245339

It feels like they are designed as an anti-infantry skirmish unit. They fall short because they are based off the original assault marines and have had no adjustments while assault marines had a 100pt price cut and are extremely inefficient currently.

The lack of options is also from them not being touched and, I believe, a lack of attention. (With the 5 legions still unreleased additional stuff being added for current legions. Hopefully they will be reworked with Prospero for the SW or more likely and hopefully with the DA release.

Until then, I doubt they will receive anything substantial, if at all.
>>
>>51244804
You can still have your boxes just remember that all dreads are cool.
>>
>>51245422
>>51245424
Oh nvm
>>
>>51244940
Why do you use a name faggot?
>>
>>51245435
Phosphex bombs are fine, Phosphex medusae are a downgrade, Phosphex rapiers are the most OP thing in 30k.
>>
>>51245535
Because he is Trap, like Alacran is alacran and Uni is UNi, curzefag that shits up threads is Curzefag, and the bear is AWG
>>
>>51243361

Why have you tainted those gloriously painted sons with that flying monstrosity?

If you're going to proxy a Lightning at least use the Nephilim.
>>
>>51245571
reddit
>>
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME I HAVE A NAME LOL ARENT I RANDUM
>>
>>51245677
Yes?
>>
>Another thread dying to namefaggotry and antinamefaggotry
This isn't happening.
Dreadwing up next, is it as Termiecentric as in 40k, because I remember someone saying it was vets too.
>>
>>51245677
This is why we can't have anything nice :(
Including IW legion-specific minis.

Namefags usually make a bad reputation for themselves, and it's quite easy to dislike them, but the ones we had weren't so bad.
Even if they were faggots, they were our faggots, born from this thread.
>>
>>51245738
WHY CAN'T DA HAVE REGULAR LEGION-SPECIFICS LIKE NORMAL LEGIONS?
>>
So, for the podcast do we all agree on saturday/ early sunday morning depending on timezones
>>
>>51245762
They're going to get the equivalent of Justaerian by filtering regular Termies through an OP RoW AND YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT.
>>
>>51245763
>d
And yeah post in that channel when you are free, so we can help decide on our roster
>>
>>51245570
How are Phosphex Medusae a downgrade? You net 3+ rerollable wounds, Phosphex dangerous terrain and repositioning. Are the Legion ones different for some reason?
>>
>>51245793
A RoW is the opposite concept of a legion-specific unit!
Justaerin get Multimeltas as their heavy weapon, why can't the Deathwing wield Plasma cannons as their heavy weapon?
>>
>>51245798
>How are Phosphex Medusae a downgrade? You net 3+ rerollable wounds
Wounds are rerollable only from Melee Poisoned weapons that are stronger than your toughness, not from ranged.
Meanwhile, S10 can Instant death marines and also treaten Spartans. Wouldn't you call that a "downgrade"?
>>
>>51245744

Go to bolter and chainsword if you want worthless '''''''''''''''''''personas''''''''''''''''''''.
>>
>>51245867
Too few memes.
Or however it is gramatically correct.
>>
>>51245798
>>51245798
>rerollable
Doesnt work with shooting

S10 to instant death, wound on a 2+, with option to go armor with barrage to bypass flaresheilds. Dangerous terrain is mediocre.
>>
To try to arrest things before they go too much further downhill with name-drama: your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to invent a new unit for your legion. BUT, it must be a vehicle, as most legions don't have a unique vehicle at the moment. (Those legions that do have a unique vehicle can of course still join in.)

To kick things off:
>the Death Guard "Locust" bomber
>a storm eagle variant without transport capacity like the darkwing, but it replaces the missile pods with a bomb bay
>bombs are: poison (3+), AP4, ignores cover, large blast
>any vegetative terrain hit by these bombs has its cover save worsened by 1 and becomes dangerous terrain (basically the creeping death effect)
>fluff is while the death guard are slowly walking across the planet crushing all resistance, these things fly ahead and destroy the enemy's agriculture (both killing the plants and making the soil unusable) so when the legion's footsoldiers arrive the enemy is starting to struggle for food
>>
>>51245849
Really? Damn. I see your point now, although if you really need to pick someone off with Barrage it might help.
>>
>>51245918
But anon, both are barrage weponz
>>
>>51245912
IW
The Extractor
Similar to a Hades breeching drill but bigger
designed by mole man himself
can carry 20
as many units as can fit
>>
>>51245912
Well, considering the Rhino Advancer is already a thing, how about:

>Land's Raider Phobos
Transport size: 12
Assault Transport
Machine Spirit
2x Twin linked Lascannons
1x Twin linked Heavy bolter
>>
>>51245912
RG

Whispercutter

FA

>AV10/10/10, HP2, Skimmer
>Deepstrike
>Open Topped
>Shrouded
>Scout
>Open Frame: May Carry Jump Infantry counting as 1 each for capacity
>Stealth Suite: Interceptor may only fire snap shots
>10 capacity
>DT for Mor Deythan or taken as a FA choice

I loved reading about them in the books
>>
>>51245912

EC Sonic "artillery"
>Vertical launch missile w/ remote guided descent.
>Detonates as a sonic pulse similar to an airburst.

2 EC crew
Artillery T7 W3
S6 AP5 Heavy * :: 3" Blast, Barrage, Guided Descent, Ignores Cover

Guided Descent: Scatters as if direct fired even if fired indirectly. * is number of remaining crew.
>>
>>51246094
>it must be a vehicle

Fuck

I fucked up
>>
>>51245912
IF
Land Raider Heracles.

Points 200
BS 4 AV 11 11 10 AP4

Vehicle (Heavy, Tank, Transport, Open-Topped)
Wargear:
Searchlight
Smoke launcher
Special Rules
Stable Platform: The Land Raider Heracles always counts as being stationary for the purposes of models fire out of it.
Transport Capacity: 10 models

The Land Raider Heracles may take any of the following
Hunter-killer missile ......................................+5 points per model
Dozer blade.......................................................+5 points per model
Auxiliary Drive..............................................+10 points per model
Extra Armour...................................................+5 points per model
Armoured Ceramite.....................................+20 points per model
The Land Raider Heracles may take one of the following pintle-mounted weapons:
Twin-linked bolter..............................................................+5 points
Combi-weapon....................................................................+5 points
Heavy bolter.......................................................................+10 points
Heavy flamer......................................................................+10 points
Multi-melta........................................................................+15 points
Havoc launcher.................................................................+15 points

Heavy Support, but can be taken as a LR in armoured breakthrough.
>>
>>51245912
IF
13-12-12
rhino chasis that deploys walls
any units in base contact that didnt move may reroll failed misses
walls are 1/2" by 5"
>>
>>51245912
Will the Mechanicum get an Assault Transport?
Will they get a troops choice that has use for such a transport in the first place?
It's like Reverse-Mad Max
>>
>>51246169
Isn't the Macrocarid an assault vehicle already?
It is for all intents and purposes a Mechanicum Landraider.
>>
File: PN061_Trazyin.jpg (337KB, 1229x1719px) Image search: [Google]
PN061_Trazyin.jpg
337KB, 1229x1719px
What has happened to poor Vulkan?
>>
File: vulkan.png (55KB, 394x582px) Image search: [Google]
vulkan.png
55KB, 394x582px
>>51246199
FUCK YOU AND YOUR DUBS!!!
>>
>>51246199
hey duncan don't worry I'm thinning my paints
>>
File: gw art fail.png (2MB, 1280x1476px) Image search: [Google]
gw art fail.png
2MB, 1280x1476px
>>51246199
Also, he's far too small to be Vulkan, but that's shitty 40k art for you.
>>51246187
>Isn't the Macrocarid an assault vehicle already?
You would think that.
>>
>>51246199
>Deviant art
>>
>>51246199
WE
>>
>>51246228
To bad it's official art from Fall of Cadia :(. Why the hell GW add tones of shitty arts into codexes and campaign books?
>>
>>51246260
Because they love adding art to their books, the problem is all the really good artists left for greener pastures.
>>
>>51246260
Well I'd say "because it's cheap", and you don't have to commit to an in-house artist, you just comission a piece of art with extra author rights.
I mean, stuff like this >>51246228 looks good to me...but suffers from crunch and fluff failues.

Like C.S. Gotto's novels
>>
>>51246126
Still a neat concept, unlike >>51246166 open-topped Rhino for 200pts.
>>
>>51246166
>AV 11 11 10 AP4
AV 14 14 14 HP4
>>
File: 1482040236873.jpg (590KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482040236873.jpg
590KB, 1920x1080px
>>51246293
>>51246315
Because of this i prefer FW books. They put some miniatures of their own on the table, take a picture, edit it in photoshop, and we have epic image that is correct with their selling product.
Like this one from siege of vraks.
>>
Should Grav Charriots be a thing?

>>51246354
>They put some miniatures of their own on the table, take a picture, edit it in photoshop, and we have epic image that is correct with their selling product.
Damn right.
Even regular page-filler photos look great
>>
>>51246354
>Imperial Fortress in the background
A man can dream
>>
File: Corpsegrinders.png (341KB, 355x949px) Image search: [Google]
Corpsegrinders.png
341KB, 355x949px
>>51246442
>An artillery battery in the foreground
An IW can get fuzzy feelings.
Once more unto the breach!

If only 30k meatbags were like true Krieger men!
>>
From which worlds would the Traitor legions recruit if they were discovered back in then like they are in their 40k-state?

>Iron Warriors
Krieg

>Death Guard
Catachan, maybe shared with the
>Dark Angels
>>
>>51246566
>DG recruiting anywhere other than Barbarus
>>
>>51246199

>vulcans upper torso essentially intact

yeah he'll be back
>>
File: 1471307824863.jpg (63KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1471307824863.jpg
63KB, 540x429px
>>51246293

>Karl Kablinski wont do any more work for GW

Fuck me, end of an era.
>>
>>51246643
Catachan will prove worthy!
>>
File: 1479016789084.jpg (50KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1479016789084.jpg
50KB, 600x620px
SO as far as I can tell Iron fire ROW gives the bonus to any friendly artillery targeted near iron warriors troops. Based on the wording this seems it would include any reductor artillery.
>>
File: Riding the Ironfire.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Riding the Ironfire.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51246790
Why do I feel FW will hold onto the "RoW effects do not seep into each other's detachment" argument, even if the wording doesn't really specify whose template it is.

Either way, bring nuncio voxes and you can snipe people with artillery from 18" away. What do you even want bolters for?
>>
>>51243970
Nice MK7's.
>>
>>51243411

His smile and optimism: gone.
>>
>>51246989
That's old GW artwork for ya. Not a lot was defined regarding the Heresy until recently, and even that is largely FW
>>
>>51246989

At some point I just accepted that in certain cases Mk5 and Mk7 can look extremely similar
>>
>>51247072
something something "they're both garbage"
>>
>>51243970
Why do they all look like Mike Pence?
>>
File: heavytanksheresy.jpg (218KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
heavytanksheresy.jpg
218KB, 1024x666px
>>51246166

The Hercules is a Heavy Tank though, with a SP Gun version called the Vulcan.
>>
>>51243970
I expected prettier faces!
>>
>>51247099
>thinking any armour mark is garbage
you're garbage
>>
File: JetbikeChariot00.png (616KB, 410x691px) Image search: [Google]
JetbikeChariot00.png
616KB, 410x691px
>>51246376
Yes they should.
>>
File: 1482782183434.jpg (17KB, 538x653px) Image search: [Google]
1482782183434.jpg
17KB, 538x653px
>>51247307
They can't be. Mike loves shocking gays and the EC are well gay.
>>
File: Mike Kuwabara Pence.jpg (64KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Kuwabara Pence.jpg
64KB, 1200x675px
>>51247464
And what should their rule be?
I don't know how chariots are used, either in 40k or IRL. As in, won't their roles overlap with Attack bikes and Skyslayers?
>>51247478
You're assuming ECs don't like getting shocked, that's your mistake
>>
File: Noise_Marine_update.png (553KB, 745x902px) Image search: [Google]
Noise_Marine_update.png
553KB, 745x902px
>>51247386
I think that was during the Heresy when everything was getting ugly.
>>51247519
>You're assuming ECs don't like getting shocked, that's your mistake
Dear Emperor no.
>I don't know how chariots are used, either in 40k or IRL
I found this http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/chariots.htm
>>
File: Galaspar excerpt.png (188KB, 434x866px) Image search: [Google]
Galaspar excerpt.png
188KB, 434x866px
Do we have incidents of Initial D driving in 30k, besides Mortarion's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kO-mvXm7oU
>>
>>51247573
Sometimes it's easy to forget the extents the Emperors sons went to wage war. Plunging the whole ship into the planets fortified structures just to deploy troops to the ground is hilarious.
>>
>>51247448
The MK5 is pretty shit.
>>
>>51247829

So is Mk II but at least Mk V has character.
>>
File: Mortarion and walls.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion and walls.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>51247818
>I charge with my ship
>Mortarion, it's a space shi-
>WHAT PART OF ASSAULT BARQUE DON'T YOU GET?!
>>
>>51247842
Fair enough.
>>
File: j5F4TdE.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
j5F4TdE.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
Sorry friends, I was in the middle of writing that battle report and I had to take off in a hurry!

So where did we leave off?
>One of the many opening battles of the Shadow Crusade (without Angron, that is).
>First move to the Word Bearers.
>Casualties are taken from the Ultramarines.
>Lots of casualties.
>Tactical squad says let's grab an objecti- oh there's Guilliman
>F i s t e d
>...First blood to the Thirteenth Legion

>Guilliman stepped down with a brutal crunch, the struggling Word Bearer's head flattening like a crushed watermelon. The furious gene-sire of the Thirteenth Legion looked up, his bodyguards raising their shields in unison, as the Spartan Assault Tank's hatch lowered with the hiss of hydraulics.

>"Brother," he heard, "How far you've come."

>Monstrous creatures, more beast than man, charged down the assault ramp towards the shieldwall of Ultramarines. They too wore the armour of the Word Bearers, a deeper, darker crimson that radiated power and despair. Burning Colchisian sigils, aching to read, glimmered at contrast with talons, claws, and horns.

>"Gal Vorbak," Lorgar roared, the psychic force behind his words physically pushing the Ultramarines back, "Charge!"
>>
File: 1463978534591.jpg (43KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1463978534591.jpg
43KB, 960x719px
>mfw I got drunk and converted my old plastic land speeders to have mk4 torsos, Mk3 heads and Mk 7 legs + arms.

>and double multi meltas
>>
>>51247915

Those Ultras really need to be finished. The half-done paint job triggers me.
>>
>>51247448
>>51247842

You don't get it - MKV is made from literal garbage and scrap armour. It's also by far the shittiest kit FW are selling too, the studs are all varying sizes from piece to piece.

MKII is classy and for cool people with nice hair.
>>
>>51247944
I was going to ask you how the hell did you do that while drunk, but I've heard stories about successful surgeons operating while high so it should't surprise me.
>>
>>51248090

I write most of my essays while High. I strangely find it easier to write, and I get higher marks as well. All three of my A+ came from being high as balls while writing.
>>
>>51248090
There are different kinds of high.
>>
File: HKZLh3E.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HKZLh3E.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
>>51247915

> The Spartan fired as the Gal Vorbak launched themselves at the shieldwall of Invictarii, bolt pistols and lascannons singing. The chaplain at the fore went down, holed by the achingly bright beam of energy, collapsing even as bolts clattered against scarred boarding shields. The Gal Vorbak swung, screaming their rage and hate, smashing daemon claws against unyielding plasteel. One Suzerain went down, spurting blood from a rent chestpiece.

>"Brother! Face me!" Lorgar challenged, wading through the embattled legionaries. Guilliman readied his gauntlet, pushing through his own struggling bodyguard to meet his traitorous kin, his presence spurring them to feats of courage and honour. Three Gal Vorbak fell to the rise and fall of power axes, daemon flesh coming away in bloody sheets.

>There were no other words when they met, only the discharge and discordant hum of opposing power fields as their weapons met. Their sons made space around them as they ripped into each other, tearing fistfuls of armour with every landed hit. Lorgar crashed Illuminarum into Guilliman's knee, crumpled his shoulder pauldron, and obliterated the sculpted designs on the primarch's chest. Lorgar, though, was not without wounds. He spat blood down the front of his armor, and his left arm's protection was completely shattered, tatters of ceramite remaining. Yet, the sire of the Word Bearers smiled. It was 3 wounds made, to two.
>>
File: 1469914622256.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1469914622256.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>>51248090

Since I didn't use plastic glue, it was just a matter of using my snippers as a lever to pop off the arms and torso.

On a semi related note: can I even fire both multi meltas on a land speeder if it goes 12"?
>>
>>51248114
Awwww, I wish I was like that.
I merely freeze like a deer and barely pass. I'm possibly the worst student ever.
>>51248192
Of course. It's a legal option isn't it?
>>
File: 1458958317414.jpg (21KB, 379x272px) Image search: [Google]
1458958317414.jpg
21KB, 379x272px
>>51248207

Lets just say I'm not familiar with fast skimmers in any way.
>>
>>51247842
>Best armor mark
>garbage
MkII is the best. All others ar ebut pale imitations of it's greatness.
>>
>>51248187
>>51247915
Waaaaait a second, where's the shield wall you're talking about?
And why are those Ultras so lacking in golden!
Are you sure they weren't ALs, anon?
>>51248249
It's ok, I just ctr+Fd the main book. Says fast vehicles can shoot up to two weapons at full cruising speed.
>>
File: muh glory.png (532KB, 383x591px) Image search: [Google]
muh glory.png
532KB, 383x591px
>>51248273
>And why am I missing my own pic?
>>
>>51248023
>You don't get it - MKV is made from literal garbage and scrap armour.

Yet people like orks.

>It's also by far the shittiest kit FW are selling too, the studs are all varying sizes from piece to piece.

Stop buying recasts. I have tons of Mk V and the stud consistency is fine. Even moreso after they updated the kit less than a year or so ago.
>>
>>51248362
It's all about stud consistency anon, nice even strokes and stud consistency.
>>
Mk I = Ford Model T
Mk II = Porsche 911
Mk III = Porsche 911 with a bulldozer blade
Mk IV = Porsche Cayman S
Mk V = Vintage VW Beetle with a V12 engine swap
Mk VI = Tesla Roadster
Mk VII = Nissan Skyline
Mk VIII = Nissan GTR
>>
File: J8eHS1A.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
J8eHS1A.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>51248187

>Brother Asthor was ordering for another salvo of laser fire when his scanners picked up a large heat signature.

>"Contact," one of his crew reported, "It's coming in fa-"

>The Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter came screaming from the heavens, engines shaking the dust from nearby rubble as it maneuvered down the avenue. The Word Bearers saw it far too late, Ancient Contemptor Khalafax unable to track it as he moved into cover.The Kraken missile streaked forward on a bed of fire, surging forward on a final bit of thrust before ripping into the Spartan.

>A colossal explosion threw the nearby combatants to their feet, fire and shrapnel washing over the Gal Vorbak and the Invictarus Suzerains. One of the daemon-creatures went up in flames, concussive force throwing it into a pile of rubble and end its miserable existence. Two of the Invictarus fell, armor shredded by the blast and thrown to the ground to die in short order.

>Meanwhile, the Ultramarine main forces pushed up, punishing fire from the Deredeo all but preventing an advance.

>"Where are the Ashen Circle? Where are the Throne-Damned reserves?"
>>
File: 5f0.gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
5f0.gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>51248362
>>51248023

>I put Mk4 torsos and helmets on plastic space marine bikers and called it "non-production Mk V"
>>
Black shield related questions. Fielding option 1 chymeraie creates a solid well rounded set of traits for your infantry. For an all comers list, how do you determine the amount of anti-vehicle, anti-air and anti-infantry needed?

My list currently consists of Marauders, a reaver lord with cataphracti armour, power axe and volkite charger, a terminator mastery level 2 librarian and two leviathan siege dreads, both with siege claws, one with the cyclonic melta lance and the other with a leviathan storm auto cannon.

This seems most vulnerable to fliers and outside of a deredo I'm unsure what would be effective flier hate.
>>
>>51248469
>not calling it Mk IV, then having people ask you why the kneepads are round, then you knee them in the balls and say "That's why."
>>
>>51248521

That might actually be easier

Having a nearly entire army of white scars in ramshackled, shanghai'd mk4 isn't all that unreasonable.
>>
>>51248362
I've never bought recasts you fuck. Have you even looked at the kit? The leg posing is wonky, the studs are wildly different sizes and don't line up evenly. Yeah, resin marines are always a little wonky, but place the MKV ones next to any of the others and it is easy to tell that they're is a hackjob.

>>51248416
It's a shame, because I DO like the MKV design, the kit is just poor.

>>51248469
This is fine.

>>51248521
This is also fine.
>>
>>51248579
>Have you even looked at the kit?

I play Carcharodons, faggot.
>>
>>51248579
>>51248023

The original Mk V actually has consistent small studs. For some reason the upgrade version with the hands removed to match the modern gun bits has large studs on certain heads and legs, and regular studs on the rest.
>>
>>51248586
Right, so you're colour-blind. Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>51248023
>It's also by far the shittiest kit FW are selling too

No FW infantry kit will ever be as shitty as their DE vehicles or Thunderhawk or other similar crap vehicle kits.

I fucking DEFY you to build a Thunderhawk or a first generation Spartan that had detached tracks that didn't even line up properly.
>>
>>51248621

You're the one who needs to get his eyes checked. The studs are fine. Far from "the worst kit FW sells". Or could it be you're actually so retarded that you don't realize having studs everywhere is the whole fucking purpose of the Mk V design?
>>
>>51248621
>literally the same color as Terran Raven Guard, Space Wolves, and Dusk Raiders minus the red

Hurf durf hurr color blind lol
>>
I am waiting for the space wolves rules to drop before I decide on a legion. The problem is that I'm getting antsy and would love to start collecting. Do we have any hints on what the wolves will do yet? Do you guys think it will be worth the wait? Or should I just pick from what's available and go nuts?
>>
>>51248697
Fuck the crunch anon, you know what the bitches will be about basically. Wolves and power axes. Go from there.
>>
File: u3dXtOx.jpg (302KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
u3dXtOx.jpg
302KB, 1920x1080px
>>51248446

>Lorgar parried furiously, Illuminarum's haft sparking as his brother's crackling disruption field scraped across it. His arms ached with the force of swinging for so long. No. His entire body ached, and how long had it been? Maybe twenty seconds?

>With the Spartan a burning wreck behind him, Lorgar knew he couldn't run from this fight. Nor could he be saved, like his brother had saved him from Corax. Lorgar broke another deadlock with Guilliman, preparing for another swing at the Avenging Son, when more disaster struck.

>Three vengeful lances connected, ever so briefly, the Word Bearers entrenched positions. The Heavy Flamer troops immediately vanished into dust, their cries unheard across the vox. Ancient Khalafax was nearly thrown from his feet, his shell barely able to withstand further damage, but he lived.

>Lorgar turned back to the battle in front of him, the ordnance blast ignored for the time being. He knew, in his heart, that he could take one more hit, and then he'd be down for the count. Guilliman had managed to land two more glancing fists on him, and his body was at the breaking point. As the power fields came together again, Lorgar's eyes flicked to the side. He watched the Dark Martyr Kor Sardis obliterate two with his crackling power fist, bestial helm snarling in a daemonic leer. The Suzerains were barely a force now, closing in around themselves with their shields.

>It would all be over soon.

>It would have to be. Or else Lorgar would die.
>>
File: 1480997941473.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
1480997941473.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>51248748
>Only 2 eagles

Compensating for something Guilli-boy?.
>>
>>51247987
This. The Super overdone airbrushing also triggers me.
>>
File: garbage.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>51248642
I'm working on a Glaive on the side. Not quite the same, but I can see where you're coming from.

I honestly forgot the Thunderhawk exists as a kit because I've never seen anyone buy it and it never appealed to me.

>>51248619
You're right, which makes it even worse. Still doesn't excuse front right though.

>>51248657
>shit poses
>dupe legs
>uneven studs

Just about the only good thing here are the jump packs and weapons.

>>51248684
At least one of those was a mistake.
>>
>>51248813
This post triggers me, because that is probably intentional - it is easier to subtract light than it is to add it. The extreme highlighting can be dulled down, but if he wanted to brighten it up he would have to redo the whole model from the ground up.

It can also help models pop more on the table, if he applied some gold trims and weathering the strong highlighting wouldn't be as noticeable.

Still doesn't excuse them being unfinished.
>>
>>51248521
>Not conspicously wearing an MkV studded crotchguard
It's like you were born yesterday
>>
>>51248748
>Guilliman, what are you pointing at?
>I'm right in front of you
>ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!
Was he called the Avenging Son before the heresy?
>>51248785
Says the Primarch that is covered in birds and likes to squeeze his hand hard from time to time.
>>
>>51249025

Mk V wearers confirmed for weak-groined whoresons. Any mark that even has a crotchplate at all is pleb tier. Exposed crotchless suits all the way.
>>
>>51248823
>>shit poses
>>dupe legs

But Anonymous, all basic marine kits have those, FW and GW. It's always been the case that you get 3 shit legs and 2 good ones per 5. In every single kit.
>>
>>51249217
Yes, but the MKV assault marines in that photo have fewer options than the plain marines for some reason.
>>
>>51249273
>for some reason

It's so you have to spend more money on FW weapons. Come on, you should know this by now. Same as the Terminators.
>>
>>51249301
I was talking about the leg poses.
>>
File: Force dick mishap.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
Force dick mishap.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>51249207
>Exposed crotchless suits all the way.
Kek
>>
File: 1471858928256.jpg (35KB, 592x519px) Image search: [Google]
1471858928256.jpg
35KB, 592x519px
so whats the forge world email for asking questions? I want to ask if they're ever gonna do a painting guide on their recent paintjobs, they look amazing.
>>
>>51249108
>not covering yourself in birds
>not making doves suddenly appear every time the enemy is near
>>
>>51249326

It's because they took the running legs from the ground squad but were too lazy to sculpt extra air legs.
>>
>>51249359
I already asked them, they didn't know but would get back to me if their painters became available to answer questions. IIRC it is [email protected] but you should check on their website.
>>
>>51248748
robute with a helmet, sweet
>>
File: lHnMKVW.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lHnMKVW.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>>51248748

"It's over, Guilliman," Lorgar said, his voice down to a whisper.

>The primarch of the Ultramarines growled, shaking his head. The last two Suzerains were close by his side, shields barely functional, power axes shimmering, armor torn and bloody.

>The Gal Vorbak circled them like sharks, licking teeth and flexing claws. Their hunger had been sated, but there was always room to feed.

>"Look around you," Guilliman stepped forward, "Look at your sons."

>There were Word Bearer bodies everywhere, punctured by bolter fire or cut down by power axes. Smoke still rose from the left flank, and the untouched Ultramarines force was barreling towards them at full speed. The Lightning Fighter made another pass, banking and causing the sound of rolling thunder as it came by for another pass.

>"Ancient Khalafax, if you please?" Lorgar smiled.

>"Your Word be done." The Contemptor grunted. The Ancient braced his legs, revving his one remaining assault cannon. He fired a six round burst, the bullets whizzing over the heads of a squad of Word Bearers and through the window of a building before striking home in the Lightning's body. The strike fighter bled smoke, then fire, and shivered as it lost control. The engines screaming in protest all the way down, before it carved a furrow into the street, twisted metal coupling with fire into flaming wreckage.

>"Guilliman," he whispered.

>The two Suzerains next to Guilliman died at Lorgar's nod, one brave soul's artificer armor coming apart in a torrent of claws, his body borne to the ground so the sons could feast. The other took rending talons on his boarding shield, only to have it ripped into worthless chunks. The legionary raised his axe, expressionless behind cold eye lenses, before Kor Sardis tore a hole in his chest wider than a Terminator's fist.

>Guilliman watched the last of his elite die in front of him, the remaining Gal Vorbak barely restraining themselves.

>"Lorgar," Guilliman replied, "Here it ends."
>>
File: Pi46CPf.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pi46CPf.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
>>51249691

>Lorgar dragged himself to his feet, his armor a shattered wreck, Illuminarum hanging limp in his fingers. Scraps of ceramite, blackened and twisted, clattered onto the bloodstained street, settling amongst the bodies of the slain. He had done it. He and his sons had ended Guilliman's pathetic legacy. The primarch stirred on the ground, pumping blood from twin hearts of a demigod.

>"Sire," Kor Sardis snarled, "We must leave. The Thirteenth are crossing the square. We cannot afford to-"

>The building opposite them came apart in a burst of dust-smoke, Fulmentarus Terminators firing bolters in furious, calculated rage. Three of the Gal Vorbak disappeared in a hail of shells, flesh and ceramite splintering in equal measure before the rest took Lorgar into cover.

>Yet they were not out of trouble just yet. Enraged by the loss of the primarch, and possessing remarkable headstrong stupidity, a Land Raider burst through a gap between the buildings and idled, heavy bolter chugging. The Gal Vorbak ignored it, charging at the foolish driver and shoving a melta bomb into the belly of the tank. The Ultramarines armor went up in flames, blocking the route to the objective.

>It was beginning to get crowded. Everywhere the Word Bearers looked, Ultramarines were advancing, taking shots where they could. Another Gal Vorbak dropped as his head blew apart into wet shards, and then they were running.

>"Sire!"

>Lorgar turned, Illuminarum falling to his side as he looked at death itself. Ten legionaries aimed their bolters at his wounded form, the fury of the legion made incarnate. He let himself have a little smile. He had come this far, after all. More than far enough.

>And then, he felt his gums itch.
>>
>>51249691

Less homolust please
>>
File: Rv8v0ct.jpg (435KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rv8v0ct.jpg
435KB, 1920x1080px
>>51249937

>Though late to the battle, the Ashen Circle never failed to disappoint in landing. They came like angels of death, hovering on pilalrs of flame before settling down on the scorched earth. Their axe rakes were already howling, chewing air by the time they launched themselves at the firing squad, overwatch shots harmlessly sparking off of their ancient and revered warplate. Hand flamers bathed the building in cleansing fire, two of the Ultramarines cooking in their suits. T he axe rakes found even more, blue ceramite chewed and spat out by the unholy wrath of Lorgar's chosen assault warriors. The Ultramarines fell back, and even as the Ashen Circle cut them down, Lorgar knew he could not win this one. He watched the Ultramarines recover Guilliman's shivering body, and smiled with bloodstained teeth.

>There would be a reckoning, perhaps not today, and perhaps not tomorrow. But he would have revenge for his sons, and finally become who he was made to be.

>After all; Lorgar was the bearer of a new age.

>Thus concludes the first battle of the Shadow Crusade, conducted at 2.5k points. I am no great general, but I had a lot of fun this game with killing Guilliman. Thanks for sticking this out guys.
>>
>>51250057
It was very fun to read ! Thanks, anon !

>>51249998
Be serious, anon.
>>
>>51244726
Huron Fal, motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1480636682101.jpg (94KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1480636682101.jpg
94KB, 700x700px
>>51248446
>Phoenix Guard Terminators in the background
>Ultramarines
For all that is decent in the world, at least make sure they get a good paintjob. The Third will always appreciate good artwork, even if it's in the wrong colors.
>>
Any anons got some picks of a Siege breaker conversion? Going to need to make one and need some ideas. IW players, with generic war smith model, need not apply.
>>
>>51249011
(YOU) trigger me faggot.
Fite me irl
>>
>>51240811
>What is the fifteenth son universe?
My bullshit name for the changed heresy era universe where Russ and Magnus talk it out.
>Magnus warns the Emperor
>Russ and his legion help the TS recover after the ass beating
>Both legions grow closer, and start to learn from each other

I would probably only write in the 40th millennium, refering to the history casually in conversation.
>>
File: Handsome Magnus.png (87KB, 948x843px) Image search: [Google]
Handsome Magnus.png
87KB, 948x843px
>>51250057
Great story anon, I had alot of fun reading it!
>>
File: IMG_3313.png (387KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3313.png
387KB, 1000x1000px
>>51251508
Magnus looks nothing like the primarch of the XVII, anon.
>>
File: dakka dakka.gif (312KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
dakka dakka.gif
312KB, 500x281px
>>51250057
>>51249691
>>"Your Word be done."
I like this.
Man, I deemed bolters weak with their mere 1/6 chance of killing a MEQ, but wow you described their effects in a very concise way.
Well done!
>>
>>51244718
30k's troop transports don't score.
>>
>>51251751
I thought it was Dedicated transports of Implacable Advance and other non-troops scoring units don't score themselves, but maybe I simply forgot the rule.
Even though I posted it here a long while ago.
>>
I'm trying to decide between IW and AL. Can anyone provide some pro-cons to help me out?
>>
>>51251991
Yes.
Number one:
What do you see in each?
>>
>>51252077
IW - I can relate to Perturabo, I'm a fan of the stoic nature of the IWs, siege warfare is interesting
AL- Two primarchs are cool (but neither are relatable), I like the unpredictability of the legion, stealth warfare and espionage fascinate me, fan of the paint scheme
>>
File: Alpha superheavies.png (549KB, 1070x326px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha superheavies.png
549KB, 1070x326px
>>51252189
Paint a few models of both, also make lists for both.
Don't be afraid to propose "non-conventional" units for IW, like Seekers, or heavy weapon squads for AL.
Then you'll have a bit more of an idea.
But in all honestly if you can relate to Perturabo then you're an IW, I feel pretty much the same too
>>
>>51251991

IW for easy paintjob, resulting in likely a better looking army, and a better army ruleswise too.

AL for a better, harder paintjob, a probably shittier looking army with the possibility of a better looking army than IW, and rules that let you use any units you want.
>>
File: goKUxMx.jpg (39KB, 480x743px) Image search: [Google]
goKUxMx.jpg
39KB, 480x743px
>>51252231

IW are the MMO healers' army?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (95KB, 499x545px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
95KB, 499x545px
>>51252263
>>
File: bitterness.jpg (18KB, 292x300px) Image search: [Google]
bitterness.jpg
18KB, 292x300px
>>51252263
>A thankless job
Of course they are...
>>
File: BLPROCESSED-Leman Russ MP3.jpg (119KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
BLPROCESSED-Leman Russ MP3.jpg
119KB, 650x822px
Anyone got the new Russ book in MP3?
>>
so /hhg/ on the topic of picking your army, why did you pick your legion?

I picked the sons of Horus because when I first played 40k I played BL, and from there I did a lot of reading about the horus heresy and the sons of horus and became slowly enamored with their behavior and style of play alongside the noble savage style culture that wasn't icky space wolves with the top knots and the apocalyptic-gang influences.

Just interested to hear your reasons.
>>
>>51252298

I originally picked alpha legion because I liked their tricksy gameplay and great color scheme.

I started white scars (my second legion) after reading Scars and Path of Heaven, both made me fall in love with their culture.

Not because they're Mongolian/Chinese but because they're the most human space marines I think I've ever read about.

They enjoy things, laugh, and are very fallible which is a nice change of pace from normal marines who are either stern warrior monks or batshit chaos lunatics.
>>
File: 1325213014701.gif (488KB, 225x203px) Image search: [Google]
1325213014701.gif
488KB, 225x203px
>>51252298
Thousand Sons mostly because I'm a poorfag, but very fucking weak to peer pressure. Someone specifically called me out to play 30k and I just spaghettied and said that I would play either White Scars or Thousand Sons to buy time.

White Scars just got released then and I didn't have the dosh at the time to buy bikes so I went TS.

It's fucking pathetic I know.
>>
>>51252298
Played Salamanders in 40k, but reading Nick Kyme's writing is like pulling teeth with spiked pliers, so I didn't start 30k for a long time, then Chris Wraight made the Scars actually compelling and endearing, so I started Scars.

Then I read Praetorian of Dorn and it appealed to my hatred of the Alpha Legion, so I decided to make some Fists.

Since Shattered Legions are a thing, I decided to throw some Blood Angels into the mix and play the three legions that did their goddamn job and stood on Terra at the end.
>>
File: Mercy.gif (802KB, 342x248px) Image search: [Google]
Mercy.gif
802KB, 342x248px
>>51252420
No, anon.
Reroll your dice and pick something you like.
Re-read the previous sentence, I didn't tell you to pick a legion.
Pick something you like as a concept in the first place. What do you even like?
>>
I think I'm going to go IW, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>51252298

My 40k army determined my legion.
>>
>>51252478
Shooting and being weird.
>>
File: Marius_Vairosean.png (859KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Marius_Vairosean.png
859KB, 1024x1024px
>>51252515
Emperor's Children Third Company, Kakophoni
:^)
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 202x144px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 202x144px
>>51251991
>>51252509
You could always do what I do - fill your IW with AL infiltrators that don't know about each other [\spoiler]
>>
>>51246989
>Nice MK7's.
>one dude has knee pads
>everyone else has MkVI greaves

I love it when people being autistic about armour still get it wrong.
>>
>>51252298
I picked word bearers because word bearers are cool. No other reason than that.
>>
>>51244744
Is he really? The original book (Galaxy in Flames, I think) describes him as a Venerable Dreadnought so I assumed he as a box. One of the fancy boxes.
>>
>>51252298
I picked Death Guard because I walk a lot and enjoy alcohol. I also have asthma, which made me think of Mortarion and his breathing.
>>
File: most.png (391KB, 532x380px) Image search: [Google]
most.png
391KB, 532x380px
>>51246354
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stari_Most
Never forget kek
>>
File: Legiones Astartes HH Colors - 2.jpg (1MB, 2652x3693px) Image search: [Google]
Legiones Astartes HH Colors - 2.jpg
1MB, 2652x3693px
>>51244810
>The speciality of Dreadwing was total warfare where the voted-lieutenant bearing title Dreadbringer[2] used Destroyer Marine Squads supported by other types of squads to bring total anihilation of a foe on specific battlefield.

So normal marines don't try to totally annihilate a foe on a specific battlefield?

I swear, it's like some legions being described as relentless and remorseless. What, the others are?

>>51245007
It's green, mostly because they're green in M41 when their armor is red. They repainted their armor but didn't replace the lenses.
>>
File: Forgebreaker.jpg (129KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
Forgebreaker.jpg
129KB, 800x680px
Perturabo's enhancements to Forgebreaker makes it look Art Deco, I definitely like the aesthetics of it.
>>
>>51252696
Fuck you at had managed to forget it at last now I gotta start all over again :U
>>
File: Ultramarines terminators.jpg (95KB, 727x375px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines terminators.jpg
95KB, 727x375px
>>51247345
I wouldn't be shocked if they were saving the Hercules and Vulcan for later. Though I have no idea how they'd squeeze them in... Predator-Sicaran-Spartan-Fellblade covers light, medium, heavy, and superheavy sizes.

Also hazard stripes used to be everywhere!
>>
>>51252713
>So normal marines don't try to totally annihilate a foe on a specific battlefield?
It's more the case of all military objectives other than annihilation of the foe are out of the window. It strikes me as little different from the Ironwing though.
I'll refine the rite further now that I've awoken.
To answer your question, no, not all marines wage wars of destruction or extermination all the time. The Dreadwing is called upon for that purpose, though to see what exactly makes it different from any other campaign of the kind, we'll have to wait and see, but I liked the way they were depicted in AoC.

>>51252756
Old Iron has a weird but cool taste, I especially like the meanders on his armour.

>>51252816
I'm hoping for Spartan Hermetika siege command tank, so far there's one mention of it in Damocles Rhino's flavour text.
>>
File: gdJr1Vk.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
gdJr1Vk.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Got some apothecaries that will remain unpainted for an age before the Bangel book is released.
>>
File: Attack_of_Bodt.png (2MB, 1752x554px) Image search: [Google]
Attack_of_Bodt.png
2MB, 1752x554px
>>51247573
>>51247818
I know we all like it, but redirecting a moon to crash into its planet millions of years before it otherwise would have is absurd. It'd take massive amounts of energy... someone calculated that to do it to earth's moon would take 400 billion 25-megaton warheads.

Someone else calculated that it would take 1.25 million similar nukes to kill everyone on earth in an instant (i.e. blanket coverage of inhabited areas). Actually, 100 might be enough to create a nuclear winter and temporarily ruin the ozone layer enough to doom most of us. We can ignore that - Bodt wasn't really civilized to begin with and the World Eaters could just import food. The first number is more important - it means that Autek Mor could have destroyed 320,000 worlds (well, their populations) with the energy it took to move that moon.

Okay, it might be smaller than our moon, but not by much if it's got enough mass to be spherical.
>>
File: EC Dread.jpg (69KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
EC Dread.jpg
69KB, 639x960px
>>51252648
Venerable Dread is just a veterancy title, not necessarily a specific 'model' of Dreadnaught. Any Dread can be a Venerable Dread if they survive long enough.
>>
File: To be continued - Bodt.png (2MB, 1758x1060px) Image search: [Google]
To be continued - Bodt.png
2MB, 1758x1060px
>>51252992
Uhuh that's right, but do we even know how big Bodt exactly was? Our moon is HUGE, even more when compared to the host planet.
Isn't it like 1/4 of the Earth's diameter? A little more and it'd be a binary system rather than planet-moon.

Reminder that even a 100 km-diameter projectile would fuck up the Earth, big league.
>>
>>51253036

Well, Bodt was turned into a ball of seething Magma, much like very, very early Earth circa the Hadean Epoch.
>>
>>51252816
Spartan is a transport, though. You must be thinking of the Malcador. And yes, with battle cannon and 3 lascannons, the Hercules doesn't really offer anything the Malcador doesn't. So either they pull a Dorido and slap the name on a totally new design, drop the Malcador to Army and give Marines the Hercules, have the two compete for the same slot with slight differences, or just never do anything with it.
>>
>>51253075
Magma? Does the Moon have magma in its mantle? I thought it was pretty much made up from ash, cinders and other oxides: already burnt matter.
>>
>>51253036
>even a 100 km-diameter projectile would fuck up the Earth

Depends on the speed of the projectile. Kinetic energy is a bitch.
>>
File: Page115.jpg (2MB, 2652x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Page115.jpg
2MB, 2652x3648px
>>51253113

The Planet Bodt is a habitable planet like earth. So it has a molten core. And the moon hitting it vaporized the entire crust. So the Planet became a ball of molten rock.

Surely you read the fucking book, right?
>>
>>51253107
I'm just thinking of the chassis. There isn't a Spartan-based battle tank, but there is a tank destroyer and self-propelled gun (Cerberus and Typhon). Hmm, I guess that means we'll get a Spartan with a turret on top.

>>51253113
From space.com's article on the moon:
>Most of the interior of the moon is made up of the lithosphere, which is about 620 miles (1,000 km) thick. As this region melted early in the lunar life, it supplied the magma necessary to create lava plains on the surface. However, over time, the magma cooled and solidified, thus ending volcanism on the moon.

So yes, iron core surrounded by solidified magma, topped with a layer of cheese.
>>
>>51252992

We don't really know how big of a moon it was and using nukes as an indicator of thrust isn't all that accurate.

Considering that orbital bombardment can make entire continents become molten lava, the Imperium was never really hurting for raw energy.

"All it takes" to deorbit a moon is to slow its tangential velocity enough that the attraction from the planet brings it straight down. If it's one thing the Imperium has, it's big fucking engines.
>>
>>51252992
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Assault_on_the_Tempest_Galleries
I'm especially fond of the future Salamanders' first noted deployment.
No one was even sure the place that was their mission objective even existed as it was told of only in legends. When they finally arrived there, hundreds of kilometres beneath the ground, they found machines from since the Dark Age harvesting the energy of Terra's core, led by an artificial intelligence. There they fought for weeks, spending so much resources that they started using the machines or their parts as improvised weapons. In the final assault a diamond-armoured kraken came at them out of a magma lake.
Less than a thousand marines survived out of the initial 26,000.
As a side note, they brought with them secrets of metallurgy only the Emperor and the legion kept.
>>
>>51253154
Oh for a second I mixed the names, I thought you were talking about the moon itself.
>>
>>51253156
>I'm just thinking of the chassis.

Then should be bring up Rhinos and Whirlwinds in relation to the Predator? On the axis of light-medium-heavy-super-heavy tanks, it's Predator-Sicaran-Malcador-Fellblade. They all fill the basic tank profile on different levels with specialist tanks branching off from all of them. Spartan belongs with the Land Raider, which also got their own specialist variants.
>>
>>51252992
Autek Mor tactical moon bombardment.
>>
File: Cassian Dracos' testimony.png (279KB, 355x372px) Image search: [Google]
Cassian Dracos' testimony.png
279KB, 355x372px
>>51253181
>IN DARKNESS AND FIRE TESTED
>>
File: 1479654436151.jpg (783KB, 1050x848px) Image search: [Google]
1479654436151.jpg
783KB, 1050x848px
>>51253113
....First off, the Moon is fairly solid iirc, only the surface is dusty (surface being relative in geologic terms, this could be hundreds to thousands of meters).
Second, Bodt being turned into a ball of magma has to do with dropping its moon on it. A relatively small object can cause an impact powerful enough to wipe out the majority of life on a planet. Dropping a moon on a planet (even a small one) is enough force to cause catastrophic tectonic damage, and from the resulting ruptures would erupt delicious magma
>>
>>51253036
I looked it up. Ceres (the largest asteroid) is pretty spherical, while Vesta (2nd largest) is not. They're tiny compared to the moon.

Vesta is actually small enough that crashing it into a planet would only take about as many nukes as it'd take to achieve blanket coverage of inhabited areas of modern-day earth. Ceres would take 4 times as much. Bodt's moon looks very spherical, so it's at least as big as Ceres.

I guess that's not too far off.
>>
>>51252992
>Uses enough force to destroy 320k worlds on one
>Sanguinius destroyed a planet with like 5 ships in Fear to Tread

10th legion truly is the worst
>>
>>51253242
Nice, I tried to find whether he participated in that campaign.
>>
>>51253250
Yeah I mean the 100km projectile kills Earth through nuclear winter, right?
>>51253268
Not sure about this statement, thought.
Nice Ceres comparison.
>>
File: Cassian Dracos.gif (863KB, 1240x1740px) Image search: [Google]
Cassian Dracos.gif
863KB, 1240x1740px
>>51253282
You won't "find" it as such, but I tell you this:
He was the first legion master all the way until a few year before meeting Vulkan.
The First and only one.
>>
>>51253296
I know that.
There's also Amadeus DuCaine of the Xth. While it isn't stated, Ferrus was found early on, either third or fourth, so it may imply DuCaine had been there right from the start. And he was never interred, but he died above Isstvan V.
>>
File: Salamanders_Pyroclast.jpg (994KB, 868x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Salamanders_Pyroclast.jpg
994KB, 868x1330px
>>51253333
Nice Quads-linked threes
Yeah, but wasn't Vulkan one of the later findings?
Cassian says it
>I was tested in ONCE MORE in fire and in darkness...
I think it confirms it.
>>
>>51253363
>>I was tested in ONCE MORE in fire and in darkness...
Yeah, that pretty much confirms it in an allegorical way of the Salamanders.
Vulkan came to his legion when the Crusade was in full swing, so it could be. I'm almost certain he was in the second half of the primarchs found.
>>
>>51253268
>>51253286
Yeah, my numbers were off. Ceres still takes 4,000 times more nukes to crash than to just nuke Bodt's surface, vs. 320,000x more if we're talking about earth's moon.
>>
File: mhhgga7.jpg (374KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
mhhgga7.jpg
374KB, 1024x740px
>"An ‘extremely credible source’ has contacted my battle barge and told me that Inferno's release date is false."
>>
>>51253792
?
>>
>>51253792
The hacker known as 4chan strikes again. When will the gorvernment stop his sinful hand?
>>
File: 1483907217472.jpg (63KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1483907217472.jpg
63KB, 500x454px
>>51253792
The joke is on you, there is no release date ! MHWUAHAHAHAHAAA
>>
File: 1271976395503.jpg (80KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1271976395503.jpg
80KB, 407x405px
So my friends are all smashing together huge heresy armies of 3k and 4k points, with plans to make them bigger, whilst I abstained and stuck to 30k. Pressure is growing on me from the gaming group to get involved, and I guess it makes sense for me to do Alpha Legion as they're my 40k army too. Problem is, I'm not feeling the excitement.

HH seems to have too little variation, and the armies too little fluidity at first glance. But still, I won't know unless I try, so I'm thinking a 2K list.

Are there any major Do's and Don't with Alphas? With HH in general?
>>
>>51252756
>bonding studs on rear thighplate

HAHAHA FUCKIN SCRUB ASS PERTURABO LEARN TO SMITH
>>
>>51254029
Yeah, even Perty's 'upgrades' to Forgebreaker just make it unwieldy where it wasn't before.

Worst smith 30k
>>
File: foot-up-ass.jpg (47KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
foot-up-ass.jpg
47KB, 512x384px
>>51254029
>puts studs on leg for your pleasure
>gets shit on for it

No wonder he's bitter.
>>
File: Alpha Legion painting 1.png (4MB, 1098x5092px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Legion painting 1.png
4MB, 1098x5092px
>>51253916
You should feel free to start over. Go Mechanicum for something different.

But it might be too expensive for a game you're not excited about. So try to get excited! Read the FW book scans. Read some of the Black Library novels. Listen to the Radio Free Isstvan podcast episodes that review listeners' Alpha Legion lists.

Alphas are among the most fluid. They can use Infiltrate and Outflank to get away with not taking transports. Dynat (special character) boosts armies with a lot of drop pods (note: regular drop pods are only available with certain rites of war). Just don't take Headhunters.
>>
>>51253296
Sometimes I wish the Emperor had some other Primarch level gene-programs/cybernetic enhancements going on that could turn these really important figures into Primarch level warriors too.

Like whatever the fuck Bellarius Cawl is or an enhanced but unstable and custom-space marine.
>>
>>51254087

Perturabo is like Red but minus all the likability.
>>
>>51254288
If Pert is Red, is his legion Eric?
>>
>>51254333

No, he has a legion of Bobs.
>>
>>51254346
That's just mean.
>>
File: cultist.png (418KB, 381x643px) Image search: [Google]
cultist.png
418KB, 381x643px
>>51254147

OMG thank you for that painting guide. I guess the other thing I was thinking was a Militia Force. You're right. If I aren't feeling Alphas I shouldn't be lured away by the calth/prospero boxes

My list was something like:

PROVENANCES
Abhuman Helots (+1T / -1I) + 35 Points
Tainted Flesh (FNP 6+ / Fear / Rending) + 35 Points

HQ
(Lord Calder Fayne)
Force Commander + Power Fist + Plasma Pistol (MC)
Iron Halo + Planetary Overlord + Cyber Familiar
Digital Lasers + 135 Points

(Eska Rygorian)
Alpha Psyker + 60 Points

ELITE
4 Carapace Ogryns + Power Weapons + 260 Points
(2 x Power Axes)
(2 x Power Maul)

TROOP
Inducted Levy Squad + 20 Cultists
Autoguns + Discipline Collars + 60 Points

Extra CC Weapon + Discipline Collars + 50 Points

Extra CC Weapon + Discipline Collars + 50 Points

FAST ATTACK
5 x Sentinels
1 x Heavy Flamer + 4 x Multi Melta + 190 Points

5 x Sentinels
5 x Missile Launcher + 175 Points

1 X Lightning + Ground Tracking Augeries + Battle Servitor
2 x Sunfury 2 x Kraken + 2 x Missile Launcher = 225 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
2 X Vanquisher Leman Russ with Lascannon 330 Points

1 x Demolisher Leman Russ with Lascannon 170 Points

3 x Quad Multi-Laser Rapiers 105 Points

The idea being a cannon fodder army with 120 Hoodlums clogging things up and hugging objectives, whilst the scout sentinels hunt vehicles, the ogryns act as a HQ bodyguard, the Multi-lasers over-saturate terminator-targets, the vanquishers hunt from range, and my thunderbolt clears the skies. All the while we enjoy T4 + FNP6 + digging trenches for the Iron Warriors
>>
>>51254424
2k list sorry
>>
File: 1476048410593.png (295KB, 814x710px) Image search: [Google]
1476048410593.png
295KB, 814x710px
>>51254424
Is that 300 gorillion Cultists?
Uuuuuugh my free axes are itching!
>>
>>51254470

yep, 4 cultist squads with autoguns, and the other 40 are going to be the vampire count ghouls. I think the backstory's going to be these people came from a world where the Imperial Fists used a lot of rad weaponry to subjugate the place. Wonder if I should drop something for spawn though. Would love to fight World Eaters just for the hilarity of the genocide.
>>
File: 1476048851422.png (226KB, 814x710px) Image search: [Google]
1476048851422.png
226KB, 814x710px
>>51254482
>>
>>51254504

blood... and death.

No seriously, how screwed am I? Is 30k a lot more hardball, or a bit more casual than 40k?
>>
>>51254572
In general 30k is more casual, but in certain aspects it is a lot more rock-paper-sissors than 40k. Things like a spartan with all the bells and whistles have a very low number of things that can stop them.
On the positive side it also means that there is a counter at least, unlike certain armylists in 40k. Except for Cybernetica mechanicum. Fuck Cybernetica.
>>
Any idea where to get a ton of chainaxes, apart from forge world?
>>
>>51254424
your average HH army will have a difficult time dealing with all those bodies

Though, honestly, I'd swap the psyker for five medical orderlies. 5+ fnp instead of 6+ is a big deal.
>>
Remember to never use major characters in a narrative driven game where you write it up afterwards, it's gross

Make your own characters up
>>
>>51254860
>Primarchs are forbidden in 30k, or at least you cannot narrate a battle report whenever you use them
?
>>
Should predators get back their transport capacity? Maybe limit the vehicle to just autocannon and give some units the ability to use them as DTs? Would it help to make them a little more useful?
>>
>>51254860
>entire galaxy at war
>nu-uh these named characters only fought in these specific examples from FW and BL and nowhere else ever
>>
>>51251272
Link please?
>>
Dark Angels Rite of War: The Dreadwing Protocol

Effects:
- We have come, we are death: A detachment using this Rite of War must take Legion Destroyer Squads as their
compulsory Troops choices, and may take Legion Destroyer Squads as additional Troops choices.
In addition, Phosphex Shells* may be taken on models equipped with a grenade launcher, twin-linked grenade launchers or
missile launchers as an additional ammunition type for +10 points per model.
- World kill: Any unit taken as part of this detachment, unless a Legion Destroyer Squad or equipped with Artificer, Hardened, or Terminator (any kind) Armour
must take a Land Raider Phobos or Proteus dedicated transport if it numbers 10 models or less, or a Spartan Assault Tank if it numbers 20 models or less.
Any Legion Vindicator equipped with Demolisher Cannon may upgrade to use exclusively Vortex Shells** for +X points.
Restrictions:
- The glass turns, the grains fall: No unit in this detachment may score mission objectives other than First Blood,
Slay the Warlord, Attrition and Linebreaker objective(1). Legion Moritat Consuls taken as part of this detachment have the Lone Killer special rule removed.
- Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory HQ choice in addition to that
usually required by their Force Organisation chart, and this second compulsory choice must be either a Legion Siege Breaker Consul or a Legion Moritat Consul.
- Detachments using this Rite of War must take an additional compulsory Troops choice in addition to that
usually required by their Force Organisation chart.

Wargear: Range Str AP Special
Phosphex Shells (grenade) 18" 5 2 Assault 1, Blast (3"), Poisoned (3+), Crawling Fire, Lingering Death
Phosphex Shells (missile) 36" 5 2 Assault 1, Blast (3"), Poisoned (3+), Crawling Fire, Lingering Death
Vortex Shells somebody fill this up along with the points cost

Notes:
(1) I'm not sure if Victory Points are awarded for units killed by default.
>>
>>51255259
P.S. Phosphex Bombs for 10pts/model should be added to all characters.
I'm not too sure on the Phosphex Shell ranges, maybe make them 12/24" respectively, although note that no unit in this detachment has any bonus when going through difficult or dangerous terrain.
>>
>>51255259
I REALLY hope there's something similar to this.
>>
>>51255402
I'm glad you like it, I got through the relevant chapters of AoC to make it. The rite is missing Glaives with Warp cannons and orbital phosphex carpet bombing, along with phosphex drop pods, but I don't know where to start with that and I felt the rite's already quite heavy as it is.
>>
>>51252713
>So normal marines don't try to totally annihilate a foe on a specific battlefield?
No? Legions like the Ultras, Salamanders, Fists, Alphas, etc. are noted for allowing surrender. Their goal is to bring humanity back into the fold, not strap rad weaponry on their crotches and dick-wave their way into an entirely irradiated planet while tea bagging the leaders.

>I swear, it's like some legions being described as relentless and remorseless
A legion like the Thousand Sons would prefer to keep it intact rather than keep banging their heads against the wall until it breaks like the DG, IW or SW would.
>>
18 days tha Inferno
>>
>>51255582
18 weeks till any images
18 months till proper scans
18 years till Book 8
>>
>>51255259
>A detachment using this Rite of War must take Legion Destroyer Squads as their compulsory Troops choices
I still don't think this makes sense. The way the wings work is the voted lieutenant takes over for the designated protocol, but most of the actual fighters are normal dark angel marines, just following orders along a different chain of command. It's not like they decide to initiate dreadwing protocol, hand out rad grenades to everyone, and irradiate all their line legionaries.
>>
Does anyone have a link to a copy of Angels Of Caliban?
>>
>>51256410
It's in Rho-Mu's library, (third pastebin down in the OP links,) if you have something capable of reading epubs.
>>
>>51244726
telemechrus
>>
>>51256410
It's a good book imo.
>>
>>51246658
he'll be black, you mean
>>
>>51255890
Ravenwing Protocol shows that normal marines may not necessarily make up the backbone of a wing. While rad grenades aren't the same as bikes, you usually want units trained in a certain mode of warfare.
>>
Why are terminator heavy weapons 1 per 5 like 40k marines instead of 1 per 3 like CSM terminators?
>>
btw what defines a cortus dreadnought? why is it inferior to a contemptor? can a cortus be any kind of dread? box or egg etc
>>
>>51256729

No, Cortus refers specifically to a Contemptor chassis built with cheaper and less stable internals, both for the shield and the pilot's sanity.
>>
>>51256722
Because CSM are retarded
>>
>>51256722
No, CSM heavy weapons are still 1 per 5, which makes me sad because I wanted to do a termistar and realized that like the loyalists, I must have no heavy weapon in a land raider. Unlike the loyalists, they get cooler land raiders with bigger transport capacity.
>>
My fellow Death Guard poison pushers, how do you paint bronze/gold on your dudes?
>>
>>51257096
Base it with Scale75 Decayed Metal, then drybrush with GW Balthasar Gold, then wash with GW Athonian Camoshade.
>>
Do you guys think this GK Apothecary arm would look good on a Tartaros Terminator body? I haven't bought BoP yet so I don't have any good reference.
>>
File: Narthecium.jpg (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Narthecium.jpg
60KB, 800x800px
>>51257199
Derp forgot pic
>>
>>51257113
Interesting that you use Athonian Camoshade, do you have a pic?
>>
>>51257199
Tartaros suits don't have the disk onto which the indomitus arms usually attach. But quite often it's not a problem. The tartaros shoulder pads should work just fine on Indomitus arms. Maybe get a GK right arm as well, so that the model would have similar style arms on both arms.
>>
>>51255102
Predators are gonna stay mediocre in favor of FW's own special snowflake tonks. That said, there is nothing inherently wrong with them, maybe just a points tweak would help. But no matter what they'll still be outdone by Sicarans and other heavy support options.

>>51256722
Because chaos terminators are also 1 heavy weapon per 5. Terminators should stay melee focussed and not be turned into yet another dakka dakka unit.

>>51256729
According to the fluff the cortus is made of inferior, make-do bits and materials compared to a Contemptor. That the rules don't really convey that inferiority is another matter entirely.
>>
File: testDGg.jpg (1019KB, 1904x971px) Image search: [Google]
testDGg.jpg
1019KB, 1904x971px
>>51257279
Here's a pic of a tester model painted in this way.
Makes the bronze look muddy and corroded.
>>
File: IW_Tyrant_Termi.jpg (180KB, 585x992px) Image search: [Google]
IW_Tyrant_Termi.jpg
180KB, 585x992px
>>51257321
>Terminators should stay melee focussed and not be turned into yet another dakka dakka unit.
You sure about that?
>>
>>51257343
You really want IW to lose the only thing that makes them stand out, and was already stolen by 2 other legions ?

Anyway, they still have powerfists. They still don't mind ending up in close combat at all
>>
>>51257321
>no matter what they'll still be outdone by Sicarans and other heavy support options

Especially once Sicarans get squadrons. It's just weird FW doesn't want to push their Deimos predators and all the various turret options harder. Making them DT options for some 5 man squads wouldn't hurt them. Alternatively they could give them some mobility options (like how Malcadors have in 30k) or something.

>Terminators should stay melee focussed and not be turned into yet another dakka dakka unit.

For a unit with Relentless, ability to carry heavy weapons and 2/3 of the variants not being able to sweep, not to forget all the legion variants heavy on dakka, I'd like to see them have at least an option for (more) Dakka. I doubt a 3rd heavy weapon is going to completely break their CC role.

Hell, maybe introduce some "heavy CCW" that can be taken instead of a heavy weapon? Like some heavy lascutter, siege drill, etc.
>>
>>51257403
>terminator squads getting 1 extra HW = terminator squad with 5-10 heavy weapons

Don't think so, Jimbo.
>>
>>51257418

woah, wtf, Sicaran Squadrons? why?

I'm still not sure what exactly is wrong with Predator Squadrons *shrugs*.

Can we maybe get some fucking decent fast attack options before we get more fucking Heavy Support?
>>
>>51257643
>why?

Well, why not? They already make Malcadors into squadrons. Seems awfully weird for the Sicaran to be individual tanks.

>more Heavy Support

But the Sicaran already is Heavy Support. All it would do is make it 1-3 per slot instead of 1. Hell, maybe throw Venators in there as well, so you can have mixed squads like with Land Raiders.
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 768x1024px
>>51257096
Honestly I just do Retributor Gold, then 50/50 of watered down AP soft tone, and strong tone ( gw equivalent is flesh shade, and agrax). Then I rehighlight with the gold, and splotch on some silver.
>>
Night Lords 3k Terror Assault

+Praetor (paragon blade, iron halo, jump pack, digital lasers, trophies of judgement) 190
+Chaplain (chainglaive, artificer armour, refractor field, jump pack) 125

+9 man Terror Squad (9 x volkite chargers, headsman with artificer armour, melta bombs and chainglaive) in a drop pod 290
+10 man Terror Squad (10 x volkite chargers, headsman with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) 275
+10 man Terror Squad (10 x volkite chargers, headsman with artificer armour, melta bombs, chainglaive) 275

+Apothecary (jump pack, chainglaive) 70
+3 x apothecaries (chainglaive, volkite charger) 225
+Rapier Laser Destroyer 55

+15 man Night Raptor squad (2 x chainglaive, 2 x power sword, 3 x power axe, huntsmaster with artificer armour, melta bombs and chainglaive) 445
+Lightning Fighter (battle servitor control, ground-tracking auguries, 6 x kraken missiles) 265
+Javelin Speeder (cyclone launcher, heavy bolter, 2 x hunter killer missiles) 65

+Malcador Tank Squadron (2 Malcadors each with battle cannon, demo cannon, lascannon sponsons, multimelta, armoured ceremite) 720

Each terror squad has an apothecary, raptors have the praetor, chaplain and apothecary.

Would it be worth dropping the apothecaries from the terror squads and the javelin Speeder and sticking another terror squad in there?
>>
>>51254424
List looks good on the whole, but just a couple things. You're going to want autopistols (well, Auxilia pistols, which are a bit worse) on the Levies honestly, you paid for Rending and you need to be using it as much as possible, especially since BS2.

Why the one Flamer sentinel, or am I missing something?

Lightning fighter I think is only allowed 3 hardpoints. Probably best to drop the Sunfuries and Launchers and just nabbing two pairs of Kraken missiles as weapons, you won't live long enough in that thing to fire at more than one target, and 4 Krakens are easily capable of killing a Flare-shielded Spartan, which you otherwise have pretty much no answer to. It's my favourite Fast Attack choice, just for it's "Fuck You in Particular" capabilities. Great Deathstar scalpel.

That's all I can see, not too familiar with the army.
>>
>>51255126
Its more "what happens if x character dies? "

>THEY DIE IN GAME THEY DIE FORVERRRR. MY IMAGINARY NATRATIVE MUST MAINTAIN LORE CONSISTENCY
>>
>>51257771
They didn't actually die, they were just too severely injured to carry on fighting? That's how I normally view stuff anyway, not every model removed as a casualty is 'dead' dead, just no longer able to fight in the battle.
>>
>>51257799
That would be the normal way to go about. However
>>
>>51257771
>>51257799
>>51257831
The Sus-an membrane is a thing, unless you're an Imperial Fist, which I maintain have started jizzing from the pain and have to be escorted to the Legion Armoured Lavatory Squadron
>>
>>51258163
Even Imperial Fists can stay alive for a long time, despite the lack of sus-an membrane. In one short story some Crimson Fists finally got back to a planet where some scouts got buried alive after a year or something, and they still found a few survivors. And that's just scouts
>>
>>51258183
>scouts were buried alive for a year
Them's some hardcore training methods.
>>
>>51258269
Riiiight training...

Yeah, we were totally coming back for you guys. Good job on your... training.
>>
>>51258183
>the scout harvet yield was low this year
>>
Actually, speaking of scouts, this is probably something obvious I've somehow missed but, fluff-wise, why aren't there scouts in 30k? What did the legions do with their marines-in-training during the great crusade? Just keep them in the firing ranges etc. until they were good enough? Say "ah, fuck it, we've got plenty of bolters & suits of power armour" and throw them into a tactical squad? What?
>>
>>51258183
I remember that story.
All the short stories about Crimson Fists written by ADB are pretty fucking rad, I'm especially fond of For the Fallen.
>>
>>51258339
Yeah, heresy marines went directly from training to the tactical squads.

The scout role is taken by the recon teams, but back then it was more of a specialist role.
>>
>>51258339
Closest thing you get to scouts are in one of the Imperium Secundus books set during the invasion of the Pharos, bunch of neophytes who aren't quite full space marines yet have to fight a guerrilla war against NL.
>>
>>51258339
Legions use the 40k Space Wolves rationale for recruits. Put the dumb newbs in power armor and let the experts scout.
>>
>>51258339
You do realize the Codex Astartes doesn't exist in 30k, right? That whole Scout-Devastator-AssMarine-Tactical progression was whipped out of Girlyman's boy pussy. Legion Tacticals are not veterans who've been drilled in all the aspects of Marine life.
>>
>>51258678
>You do realize the Codex Astartes doesn't exist in 30k, right?
Of course. I mean, that's why I asked the question, the codex astartes method wasn't in use so what did they do instead?

Others have answered though, so there we are.
>>
>>51258614
One of the few things that the SW do objectively better than the Codex.
Shame it makes almost no difference in game terms.
>>
>>51258339
Yeah. During the Heresy, Marines went through training for an unspecified amount of time before being inducted as base-line Tacticals. They get further training afterwards if they show proficiency in something, or their legion needs more men in a field.

Also, NEW BREAD
>>51258617
>>51258617
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.