[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 32

File: images.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
Previous thread: >>51203790

>Pastebin:
>http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News:
>http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
http://theonyxpath.com/new-year-new-game-sale-2017/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
>http://theonyxpath.com/midwinter-is-coming-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
If, then how did your character die?

You are kindly requested to:
>Ignore Aspel
>>
What was the most outlandish character concept you've ever seen, be it WoD or CoD?
>>
>>51222904
First game I ever STed/played was VtR 1e. One of the players was your typical weeb with a dash of aspie. Good guy on the whole. But of course he came up with this over the top homebrew bloodline, where he was possessed by some kind of demon, allowing him Bleach-like hollow (was it called) powers. Inexperienced as I was I allowed it. After the second session I started to have regrets. I placced him in a position in which he could commit diablerie, an opportunity which he of course took advantage of. Which gave an excuse to send in the Sheriff to execute his character. He understood completely.

>that went better than expected.
>>
>>51223269
That doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>51223359
>shit-tier weeb shit in WoD
>not too bad
Yeah. No. You're wrong. But that's alright.
>>
>>51222904
Savage Genitalia.
>>
>>51223269
>He understood completely
Where is this unicorn player who understands his actions have consequences and owns them?
>>
>>51223389
I'm speaking in relative terms. It's not great either. I've just seen worse.
>>
File: salud.gif (464KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
salud.gif
464KB, 267x199px
>>51222849
The first honest WoD thread image in a while.
>>
>>51216657
You don't use Life/Mind to create your own harem of unearthly babes? What kind of Seer are you?
>>
>>51223435
Storytime that shit then. Gawd.

>>51223422
He's the right kind of aspie
>>
>>51223471
The character was a self exiled True Fae who fashioned himself after Biblical angels and acted as a wandering vigilante, wannabe Good Samaritan and a cleric of sorts. He had golden Hedgespun Armor and Token Gauntlets which could summon fire that he would shape into weapons via Control The Elements. His Mien resembled the kind of angel who really needs to say "fear not!" when they manifest to mortals: glowing aura, booming voice, covered in eyes and such. He was a major badass with a noble heart, but a short temper and zealot tendencies.

Played by me.
>>
>>51223422
There's only one out there. You have to fight for your turn to have them
>>
So, I've been thinking... How would you rule the stats of a barbed garotte?
>>
>>51222849

The Red Star is an alien spaceship carrying the alien progenitors of the Kindred parasite.

As they approached they were slowly taking control of their engineered servient species meant to be a precursor for the invasion, invading the local infrastructure.

More and more NPCs were becoming obsessed with creating massive overt vast city-sized armies of Ghouls and preaching an apocalypitc version of the regional religion, dominating and manipulating public figures into becoming insane proponents.

Basically - everyone the PCs ever knew became space insane.
>>
>>51225266

Sneak grapple from behind action (+2 dice) at least 8 diff required with at least 3 succesess required.

If successful, inflicts 3 points of lethal damage to a mortal and a wound that will kill the person via bleeding in 3 + stamina turns (major arteries)

If not enough success, either a fail or an extended resited action that inflicts a point of lethal damage each turn. If more than 3 points are inflicted, the mortal dies of bleeding in 3 + stamina rounds.
>>
Would intorducing a drop of blodd into each holy communion that the congretion drinks render a village full of ghouls or at least favourably predisposed towards the Kindred doing the spiking?
>>
>>51225776
Yeah but why would you want a bunch of catholic followers. Such a lame cult.
>>
File: 1484437256073.jpg (109KB, 1280x951px) Image search: [Google]
1484437256073.jpg
109KB, 1280x951px
>>51225795

two words:

Deus Vult
>>
whats the strangest thing ever to put your Toreador into a beauty trance?
>>
>>51225967
Aspel's trolling
>>
Do vampires dream? Talking about oWoD.
>>
>>51226038

yes, even in Torpor.

I know because prophetic Nightmares with foreshadowing and rubbing the Theme in are a staple.
>>
>>51225776
>kindred moves to a small religious town
>turns the local priest into a ghoul
>has him spike the communion wine with vitae
>priest slowly sways the populace into worshipping the kindred as a "dark god", aided by the vitae
>nonbelievers are burned at the stake
>kindred has turned a whole village into his personal kingdom, with parishioners literally lining up for the Kiss
>the most devout "ascend" (read: get embraced)
>they also get blood bound asap
>children start being indoctrinated since birth
>kindred rules all

Spookily possible.
>>
>>51226150
>Mage turns up
>????
>now it's his town
>>
>>51225967
A majestically ornate, and needlessly complicated, yet sublimely beautiful scheme concocted solely to put him in mortal peril.
>>
File: jackiechanconfused.gif (8KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
jackiechanconfused.gif
8KB, 300x190px
>>51225266
>barbed garotte
>>
Another question regarding oWoD Vampire: how did the different Clans/bloodlines recognize each other? What was to stop, for example, a Tzimisce who molded himself/herself to look just like an average vampire from passing off as a Brujah or a Gangrel, provided he played the part well?
>>
>>51226475
Nothing and/or Tremere Blood magic
>>
>>51226227
For gruesome throat-slicing in a concealable packaging.
>>
>>51226529
anon i don't think you understand the mechanics of a garrotte
>>
>>51226475

>>tfw it's a Sabbat spy.....again...

A decent way is social inquiry, a thing the elders do constantly and casually to everyone, especially Harpy like ones.

>>Oh so you are the childe of the Childe of Ludovicus?
>> Yup
>>Of the Astarinis Bloodline?
>>....yeah...
>>Ah, we have been acquainted. Hence were on good terms in Rome.
>> Sure had a great thing going in Rome....
>> Indeed...too bad they were an Irish bloodline
>>Oh shi- .jpg
>>SEIZE HIM!!

or because this is V:tM
>>Hello this is not blackmail, it's extortion - I like it better because there is an X
>>
viking vampires are cool
>>
>>51226699

prove it
>>
>>51226942

Well, their body temperature is very low and viking-types tend to dwell in northern/colder climates, so yeah, they're pretty cool.
>>
Hey /tg/

1. If a nuke is dropped onto a city, would earth meld let you survive? How deep are you melded into the earth? Is it enough to survive a nuke provided you aren't at the epicenter?
>>
>>51227065

even mortals can survive provided they aren't at the epicentre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Yamaguchi

you can't earth-meld lower than a few metres deep unless you are a plot device - if you are in an urban area its possible to survive but the ST is the ultimate arbiter of this

Bear in mind that aggravated damage (which a blast and hard radiation is) will make you violently resurface - and if the pressure wave wont tear you to shreds, the sunlight and infernos raging around you defo will finish the job
>>
>>51227173
Can I see a rule in oWoD that says hard radiation does aggravated? I'd imagine the heat from radiation would hurt vampires(like being microwaved), but not shit like cancer and such since they're undead.

Would the blast make me resurface instantly, or only after it has passed?

I have celerity 3 and the danger sense merit, so if a nuke comes, I think I'll have a good minute or so to find cover and earth meld somewhere safe, so that I surface during the day, I can still be in the dark.

I mean, a few meters deep is pretty fucking crazy. I'm assuming there won't be enough time to go for the bank vault meme, so maybe earth melding once I'm in the sewers... then the issue would be that it's called earth meld not concrete meld
>>
>>51227065
If you are anywhere in the fireball distance, you're evaporated. The fireball of a nuclear weapon is as hot as the sun.

Aside from that, if you're in the thermal radiation radius, you're taking fourth and third degree burns and likely getting pretty fucked.

If you're out of both of those radi, then you're just dealing with the shockwave and debris, so you' could hypothetically be fine.
>>
>>51227389

Earth Meld allows for very slow travel within the earth so you may be able to sink in deep enough.

Bear in mind that nukes can fuse together steel pipes several meters deep in the ground.

By radiation it's meant gamma rads - what the sun emits aside from photons (visible light)
This stuff can set concrete houses ablaze and permanently damage human retinas from kilometres away.
There really is no way of imaginig how unspeakably brutal it is to create runaway nuclear fission, especially with a Hydrogen bomb.

Sense merit (im my tales at least) wont tell you "beep beep beep m8 theres an ICBM coming to within 350 metres of you in 5 minutes head in the direction of North-Northfuckawayfromhere" but more likely a "You have an owerwhelming sense of impending doom, the screams of a million souls crying out in searing pain fills your dead heart and your mind screams in flame induced panic. You >must< run. Run. RUN!!!" (roll for Rötschrek)
NPC next to you: "You ok Senpai? You look like you just seen the ghost o Freddy Krueger hahahaha"
>>
>>51227389

did a look on this.

Earth Meld leaves you in a state between worlds - the physical and spiritual.

The death of so many living (if used in a city which is the biggest likelyhood) are very likely to create a massive stir in the Otherworld - it MAY be constituted as a Spiritual assault onto you - forcing you to IMMIDIATELY resurface.

the Nukes dropped on Hiro and Naga created the equivalent of an Apocaliptic storm of Fuck you proportions in the Underworld the last time around. baka desu

If the ST lets this slide, if the blastwave creates any sort of violent ruptures in the earth in your exact location (not that likey if you're so far away to avoid the insane heat made by the radiation) you get pulled out instantly too.
Bear in mind that a nuke will trigger infrastructure damage and any and all citywide gasworks will go up in a violent cascade that leaves any Pyro weeping
>>
File: 1484175999946.jpg (73KB, 748x561px) Image search: [Google]
1484175999946.jpg
73KB, 748x561px
The last character you played is facing off against a Tzimisce 7 gen Bishop.

How fucked are you?

hardMode:
>>It's an ambush
>>
File: lest.jpg (17KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
lest.jpg
17KB, 300x191px
>>51228943

I'll take a standard variety daytime torchjob for $1000 please

hardMode: ........fuck
>>
>>51228943
>Gangrel with all the dots in Fortitude
The plan is to set everything on fire and hope he loses it before I do. It worked before.
>>
>>51228943

>my 11th gen tremere apprentice

probably fucked considering she's trucking along with only 2 willpower points left and hasn't recovered from a bunch of aggravated damage she's taken recently, but if she can hide and force it to use auspex she has a bunch of flashbangs and a magic vampire killing pistol stolen from a hunter (that isn't loaded at the moment so is probably useless)

if she has enough prep time to recover from her damage and lower her generation she could probably fuck it up with dominate, but an ambush would be really close
>>
>>51228943

Standard mode, use demon bullshit to find and get into their lair while they're asleep and flash fry them before they know anything more about me than "exists, probably."

If ambushed, stop time, run like hell, and teleport across the country, then go back to step 1.
>>
File: reeee.jpg (49KB, 736x993px) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
49KB, 736x993px
>>51229087

>>magic vampire killing pistol

FUCKING TREMERE BULLSHIT
HOW SQUIRMING LARVA ARE YOU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51228943
But we're in the same side
>>
>>51228943
I'm a 8th gen city gangrel w/ 2 obfuscate, 2 fortitude, 3 celerity, and 2 protean, with 5 str/4 dex/3 stamina.

Since the Tzimisces discipline tends to be animalism/fortitude/vicissitude, I'm assuming he has that with MAYBE potence/celerity since he's an elder.

If he has vicissitude 6, which gives him acid blood, I'll lose just by virtue of killing him means I also die. Horrid form is also the biggest physical stat boost in the game(+3 all physical stats).

I'll assume he has lethal damage +1 in horrid form, +3 all physical stats, maybe acid blood, and let's say 4 fortitude.

So he let's say he's at 9/8/8 for physical stats in horrid form with 4 fortitude and he also has 2 potence and 2 celerity.

Since I have obfuscate, I'd probably get at least one sneak attack in before he noticed me. So I'd bloodbuff to 9 str and 6 dex and turn on protean claws pre-ambush, then attack him from the rear while burning blood for celerity

Pre-initiative rolls, I'd roll 9d10 with most likely 5 successes. +4 additional dice for damage and +2 due to a flanking attack

Then I'd roll 9+1+6 = 16 dice for damage with most likely 8 successes for aggravated damage.

He'd probably succeed in 2/4 fortitude rolls to soak, taking 6 levels of aggravated and putting him at -5 dice.

Or I'd just use willpower to hit more or bloodbuff both str/dex to 9 pre-fight

If he has acid blood, I'll die too after I murder him since it's a difficulty 9 to dodge his blood. I'd need 6 9s just to not take 18 levels of aggravated damage.

If he ambushes me, I lose 200% since I can't get bloodbuff or a pre-initative roll hit
>>
File: 1479658743496.png (245KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1479658743496.png
245KB, 501x445px
>>51229517
>>
>>51229520

awsome plan senpai. I this would probably rape the basterd.

too bad Tzim dont have Fortitude but Auspex

>>that look on your face when he turns around and grins

oh how I wish I could see it
>>
>>51229520
something tells me

>>51227389
>>51227065

you are the same person
>>
>>51229604
Yeah, I'd get fucked. Fuggin' auspex. Maybe I'd win if he has no fortitude, though. Aggravated damage vs non-aggravated.
>>51229705
It is. Saving up EXP for protean 3 and finding someone to teach it is a kill
>>
File: 1479327950752.jpg (63KB, 600x600px)
1479327950752.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>51229520

how to spot the PowerGamer
>>
>>51225967
Vicisitude'd perfect human, for a Toreador whose art was 'perfect physical body/beauty'.
>>
>>51229482

I bought it along with some other loot for a few hundred dollars off of an anarch Lasombra thief who got embraced so he could avoid security cameras.

To be honest this game is kind of crazy and a lot of you would call it retarded. My character was from the anarch Tremere (??????) chantry in LA that was raided and destroyed by experimental Pentex psychics, and now I am working with some other vampires, a ghoul, an ananasi, a werewolf and his group of anarchists, the leader of that squad of psychics that has now gone rogue, a rogue technocrat, a virtual adept, and a gargoyle I convinced to join us after he was left behind when the members of the Camarilla chantry made a pact with the technocracy (???)

We're looking to stop a plague Pentex has cooked up that is turning everyone in LA into mad max zombie rejects and maybe even the apocalypse, but I lost the magical macguffin central to everything after OD'ing on euthanatos blood in the sewers and all of my plans have been fucked up.

My sire and everyone else from the anarch chantry is stuck in a facility being forced to research something for a Tzimisce working for Pentex and are going to be killed if we don't rescue them fast enough, that is if they aren't already turned into chairs, been completely blood bonded, or possessed by banes.
>>
>>51228943
>Played 7th Gen Tremere Elder with max Auspex, Elder Powers (Psychic Assault, Mirror Reflex), Movement of the Mind and Lure of Flames

Yeah, I'm alright.
>>
Has anyone shared Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes?
>>
>>51229841

I for one would like to see this happen.

at a rave

with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

this on

half the place wont notice till 10 turns in whats happening
half the ravers that do flee in terror, the other stare in an abominable k-hole/acid tripped/mescalating trance at this terrifyingly vivid new hallucination
>>
>>51229917
Just the page with dick eggs so far.
>>
>>51229861
Git Gud ya Oompa Loompa poster
>>
File: 1479311926615.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1479311926615.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>>51229882

this has got to be the most convoluted/hillarious clusterfuck of a Chronicle I've ever heard.

The mastermind is doubtless a Spectre possesed Earthbound Arch-duke of Hell who got tricked into this by a Pooka orphan that is masqurading as a little kid in the local Hunter stronghold.

10/10 would love to watch

how many people in your troupe ?
>>
File: 1484266959260.png (574KB, 605x558px)
1484266959260.png
574KB, 605x558px
>>51229900

>>Literally how everyone sees the Tremere

also check'em
>>
>>51229882

Leeches already >are< Banes

where my Kinfolk @?
>>
>>51230059
I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean?
>>
>>51230021

Some Malkavan oracle said this had something to do with malfas, so either what you're saying or whatever the fuck grandmother is.

We have a lot of NPC helpers but they can be really stupid sometimes, the only other players are a ghoul taxi driver and the ananasi. The ananasi player is on his third character by now and his last one didn't last more than a few sessions because she killed the scientist NPC responsible for the psychic program and one of the few people that could make a vaccine/cure for the plague. The other is the regent for the Camarilla chantry, but she hang up on me after I went on an epic journey through the sewers to get to a place with cell-phone reception and when I got to the chantry she was fucking gone.

My character is planning on making a new ritual to contact Tremere himself but first I need to know if I can actually trace her lineage back to him. I have like 70% certainty but that isn't good enough, and now that the Malkavian primogen (who called the ravnos 'mud vampires') has left the NPC group and all of the books in the chantries have been taken away it'll be a little hard to fill in the gaps.

>>51230112

I was planning on blackmailing the leader of the sons of gaia (some pink haired bitch) with proof that she was fucking another werewolf but they all jobbed in a side session I didn't even attend where they all got stuck in a scooby doo tier web trap and then shot to death by a technomagic gun made out of junkyard garbage.

They used the virtual adept as bait to lure them into a mall and they nearly took her away after she ran into a fence and knocked herself unconscious.
>>
>>51230162

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to how Jews are meant to be universally unliked
>>
>>51228943
I just survived one of these last session and won with casual ease cause fire beats vampires with ease.
>>
File: 1484327891360.jpg (55KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
1484327891360.jpg
55KB, 708x708px
>>51230185

audible keking
>>
File: 1479021993779.jpg (138KB, 751x749px) Image search: [Google]
1479021993779.jpg
138KB, 751x749px
>>51230185

how to spot the stoner ST
>>
Would people be interested in a Werewolf the Forsaken quest? Kind of slice-of-lifey, following a newly changed Werewolf as they do Werewolfy shit.
>>
>>51230202

Great, now we have Aspel AND antisemites.

If this keeps us, the crazies at rpg.net will start looking better and better.
>>
What do you guys have for Ambient/Music for your WoDding?

Any Mage suggestions?
>>
>>51230295

whats an Aspel??

google broke
>>
File: 1480208306942.jpg (319KB, 850x899px) Image search: [Google]
1480208306942.jpg
319KB, 850x899px
>>51229882
This is just the right amount of silly to work.
>>
>>51230256

If you're not already in the group (hi if you are) then you'd be absolutely right, he admitted that he's stoned most of the time.
>>
>>51230327
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheOnyxPath/playlists
>>
>>51229882
>an ananasi
Hi Adam
>>
File: vampire the masquerade.png (47KB, 312x603px) Image search: [Google]
vampire the masquerade.png
47KB, 312x603px
>>51230467

I was going to post this myself but this is my character, a revision of a dnd character I once made that was an expy of a touhou character.

This game is retarded and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This Nosferatu player left early on because we weren't using voice chat.
>>
>>51230327
I found the Silent Hill and Parasite Eve soundtracks good for WoD ambiance.
>>
>>51230503
Lemme join in senpai, I'm here to help
>>
>>51230702

spiderman doesn't like randos, sorry

the game is crazy enough with three players as it is, though we sometimes have to cancel sessions because one of us has really shitty internet
>>
>>51230773
The GM is fine with new players, but considering we're probably like 80% through the campaign, now might be the bet time to have more people join.

It's new people in MY games that I don't get down with.
>>
File: 1483232440659.png (96KB, 314x484px) Image search: [Google]
1483232440659.png
96KB, 314x484px
>>51230801

That is if you actually ran games instead of canceling them after a few sessions.
>>
>>51230940
Shoot me
>>
>>51226475
Clan Flaws, mostly. The Outcasts sourcebook gave examples of Caitiff passing themselves off as Brujah, so unless there's a Tremere around, you can Masquerade amongst the Masqueraders.
>>
>>51226942
I refer you to the Dark Ages supplement, "Wolves of the Sea". Ancient Viking Gangrel, still terrorising the good christian folk centuries later.
>>
>>51230773
i have new internet thing, gonna see if gm wants to run some mini stuff so we can all be caught up.

>>51230702
drop info and maybe, its up to gm though and i think this particular campaign is too close to the end for new players.
>>
>>51231294
Yeah, I'm pretty new to tabletop as well but I'm down for voice or text.

You guys want discord, email, or?
>>
>>51229520
>acid blood

Oh yes, Masquerade's stupidest power. It can't be turned off, and Tzimisce with it then can't embrace or ghoul. So how the fuck did the bloodline ever continue?

Chew on that for a while.
>>
>>51229917
Please no

All copies must be burnt like we were in Nuremburg before the war.
>>
>>51231332
Not every Tzimisce learns it, I think. I'd imagine that most don't bother
>>
>>51231316
dicord i guess. ill let the gm know youve posted.
>>
>>51230059
>Jews were ever in Egypt

Potsherds or GTFO
>>
>>51231332
>So how the fuck did the bloodline ever continue?
By Tzimisce who avoid acid blood for that very reason?
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
File: wuI14G6.jpg (117KB, 1133x704px) Image search: [Google]
wuI14G6.jpg
117KB, 1133x704px
>>51231473
Hourai#9406
>>
>>51231546
So if Life spells aren't permanent then how do Thrysus make themselves hotter/younger? Do they just keep recasting the spells? And why is healing permanent?
>>
>>51231332
who takes acidic blood when you can transform into a flying bat monster?
>>
>>51231585
why not both?
>>
>>51231452

No, we must all read and have copies of Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes.

It's a object lesson of what never to do in an rpg game or supplement.

Beast is a crime against good roleplaying game design. Never Forget!
>>
>>51231571

I don't know how nWoD magic works but in revised healing normally just restores you to how your pattern should be, and you can get rid of all of the impurities and such to make you take an ideal form. You can look pretty young if you eat right.

Though if you had enough dots in Life you could permanently affect your Pattern and become immortal, I think, but recasting spells works.
>>
>>51231585
>all benefits of horrid form with str+2 aggravated damage

wew
>>
>>51230352
Aspel is a fat tranny bastard that trolls these /wodg/ threads, and hasn't been identified now for over 36 hours. Aspel can be spotted because he replies to multiple posts in a single post, argues the point long after it gets silly, argues exceptions to attempt to prove an entire rule is wrong, never does more than skims the books but can't acknowledge when he is wrong, champions extreme left ideology but refuses to acknowledge flaws in that ideology when taken to extremes, tells disabled and gay Anons that he knows about their lives better than they do and seeks to apologise and justify every behaviour by OPP, no matter how asinine. He even posts personal writing and asks us to critique it, then attacks anyone who doesn't praise it. He has a personal pastebin full of written pedophile pornography, extreme cervical insertions, bestiality and fantasies about killing his parents.

His triggers include:
* anyone pointing out that weight increases with Size and therefore the right build in Beast will allow a player to throw a skyscraper
* calling Mage 20th Anniversary hopelessly broken (he freely admits he doesn't even like the game, so that alone shows what a wanker he is)
* anyone suggesting that Pence or Trump have yet to destroy America
* anyone contradicting his version of history
* people suggesting he take a tripcode so they can ignore him.

This last one is important to understand Aspel; he considers being ignored a face worse than death. From his constant internet presence we can conclude that he has no life outside an internet connection and is a virtual shut-in.

People who know him AFK call him "Ed" and say he was once violently transphobic, until the day he decided he was trans, and then "there's no passion like a convert", as they say....
>>
>>51231612
>permanently become immortal

You can live an exceptionally healthy life to about the maximum human lifespan (~125 years) with standard Life Magic or any other Arcana.

Immortality officially either requires Imperial Practices or doing very bad things or sacrificing your humanity (e.g., turning into a spirit, ghost or goetia, stealing bodies and souls like the Tremere, etc.)
>>
File: 1470043857930.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1470043857930.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>51231612
>you can get rid of all of the impurities and such to make you take an ideal form
Got it, Life mages are Hitler.
>>
File: aspel cries some more.jpg (33KB, 1048x179px) Image search: [Google]
aspel cries some more.jpg
33KB, 1048x179px
>>51231645
He also created a Hunter Vigil that is nothing more than Cosplay girls that went hunting monsters because of some flimsy premise involving the founder's brother being a Slasher, and does piss-poor direct conversions of Masquerade bloodlines to Requiem.

He says "literally" enough to turn it into a drinking game, then follows the word with hyperbolic statements.

He also posts to the Discord, using the name Aspel, where he cries about not getting the attention he wanted from us.
>>
>>51231821
Don't forget about when he asks for suggestions and then tells you to get fucked instead of quietly taking it under advisement.
>>
>>51226645
>implying Brujah know their bloodlines
Pretend to be something beneath notice. Pretend to be a malk, and when the malks jump you for not being in the Network tell them you're actually a Caitiff and hiding that. You might still get jumped, you might get believed and continue to hide the truly terrible fact you're a Tzimisce, and if they try to out you (as either Caitiff or Tzimisce) who'll believe them?
>>
>>51231889
Or you could sculpt yourself to look like a Nosferatu and pretend to be a fresh childe abandoned by their asshole sire.
>>
File: CnnZp_YUIAADOUk.jpg (51KB, 700x496px) Image search: [Google]
CnnZp_YUIAADOUk.jpg
51KB, 700x496px
Writing mage fiction about 3 mage women being affected by a Supernal Mystery in a idylic seaside town. The Mystery spans for a decade and follows the lives of these girls who are affected by it.

I plan to make 3 arcs with 5 years separating each.

It will be mostly drama but gets a bit dicey in the 2nd arc when the Seers get involved and the Obrimos girl is introduced.

The question is what would be a compelling supernal mystery that would fit the story. Maybe you guys can help me with this.

Primary characters:

10 year old Thyrsus. Shes been a mage for as long as she can remember. She has 2 rank 2 familiars who have been taking care of her since early childhood. Her parents came to the town in their teens when they eloped due to teen pregnancy. She likes exploring the wilderness and countryside and is aquainted with the local spirit court. Her nimbus makes things fertile so she has a large family and is the eldest of 5 siblings. Her mother will be giving birth a few times in the entirety of the story.

17 year old newly awakened Moros. She becomes tired of the country life of her town and wants to leave when she graduates against the wishes of her family. She deals with her domestic life and newly Awakened life.

16 year old Obrimos with prodigous talent. She is dedicated to the teachings of Arrow/Ladder. Headstrong and Stubborn. She specilizes in Wind/Air magics. She is introduced in the second arc when she wants to prove herself and face the Seers.

Its really only a rough draft feel free to add things you find interesting.
>>
>>51232583
That sounds painfully generic and boring. I have no idea why you would want to write a Mage melodrama.
>>
>>51232583
The cast better be all girls IRL if you're running something like this
>>
>>51232583
I can't even begin to imagine how horrifying raising a child with access to supernal magic would be like. That is just asking for "It's a Good Life"-like situation right there.
>>
Can Tzimisce use both Koldunic sorcery and Vicissitude? Not at the same time, just in general. Or does using one exclude the other?
>>
>>51233561
Koldunic Sorcery is a closely guarded secret of the Old Country, but outside of that restriction, there's no reason a character can' have both. Official write-ups for Count Dracula typically have both, anyway.
>>
>>51233612
old country =/= old clan. theres nothing stating you cant have both. you normally should have both.
>>
>>51232583
Local meth lab starts churning out more than meth

Go
>>
>>51232583
Every night at midnight, a ghostly ambulance of a type not seen for fifty years drives at breakneck speed through the streets to the little country hospital, only to disappear.

Why? What happened 50 years ago?
>>
>>51232583
an evil drug baron is enslaving children and overdosing them on dangerous marijuanas in service to Lord Satan. The addictive and dangerous marijuanas are 1000% more addictive and dangerous than normal. The big twist is that it is all a plot by local astrologers to bring a thousand years of darkness under the aegis of Azazel, Father of Lies and Bringer of Marijuanas. Only the sacrament of baptism will protect the players from the soul-corrupting influence of Marijuanas.
>>
>>51234047
It would not take 10 years to solve that mystery. It wouldn't take a half-decent Moros ten days to solve that.
>>
>>51234168
Add some powerful entities who have a vested interest in that secret staying secret, and it wouldn't.

A Rank 4+ Ghost with an Ancestor Cult, or a Guardian or two who are following an old policy to keep that information locked fucking down.
>>
>>51231610
So you could say that Matthew McFarland tries to teach us a lesson, in Beast-style
>>
>>51234243
If they wanted it to stay secret, couldn't they just destroy the ghost ambulance?
>>
>>51234273

Yes, Matt taught us the important lesson of never letting Matt develop a WW rpg without proper adult supervision.
>>
>>51228943
Playing Acanthus with Fate 4 and Time 4, so ambush isn't possible (he begins day from reading his future); in case it happened somehow, fucking Prince of Persia my way out of here. If I am surviving, hound him down with Fate, throwing hunters and rival vampires on him. Stopping him in Time until daylight might also work. I also have dots in Spirit and Matter, so maybe firebomb him from Shadow, I don't know.
>>
>>51232583
>10 year old girl
>her nimbus makes people pregnant
I'm liking where this is going so when does she get fucked by her familiars?
>>
>>51232583
Where is a small local ritual which allows young children to see lucid dreams. Most of them are just seeing a dream, but for some, it kicks them in the head real hard. Some of them sees real nightmares. Some of them come back... wrong, and commit suicide. Ritual won't work on adults, so they think all this is a child play and think those deaths were natural.
To add to a mystery, all those lucid dreams begin in the same - real - place. It's a small forest now far away from city. Players can find this place and understand it hides Supernal Verge of Spirit and Mind, and this lucid dream really sends children minds. But what happens next?
>>
So I like genius the transgression, what is everyones favorite Bardos idea that they have?
>>
File: [growing discomfort].jpg (45KB, 450x413px) Image search: [Google]
[growing discomfort].jpg
45KB, 450x413px
https://youtu.be/f4mb6gzu60U [Embed]

I-is this what it's like to be a Malkavian?
>>
>>51234694
But Anon, Bardos are the WORST part of Genius.
>>
>>51234717
Yeah that sounds about right.
>>
>>51234502
Nah nimbus just makes things more fertile.
>>
>>51232859
I like Mage as something more introspective rather than grand conspiracies. I don't run mage as a game about being awesome.
>>
>>51222849

Question here, is there a book for vampire containing generic NPC stats for you to use in your games ? A book where you could find stats for generic gangsters for example
>>
>>51226150
Well, it'll all come crashing down when he hits enough Blood Potency to be unable to drink from humans.
>>
>>51234762
Nah, Bardos are pretty cool. The worst part of Genius is its lack of distinctive, strong themes.
>>
>>51235037
And nor should you.
Mages are more than capable of that by themselves.
The theme is HUBRIS, not "being a badass motherfucker".
>>
So this user on the OP forums made stats for Santa Claus and Krampus of all things using the Horror template, and the stats are actually pretty interesting.
>>
About Mages - how you can maintain hubris as an important mechanical part of the game without fucking piece of shit which is Wisdom?
>>
>>51235345
Why didn't Wisdom work for you? If you give more details, we might have a better chance of offering a suitable alternative.
>>
>>51234168
Show me the part in his post where it says it needs to take 10 years to solve the mystery.

I'll just wait, because you'll be looking a while.
>>
>>51235364
To put it simply? It creates too many fucking arguments like "it was NOT hubristic to magically gag him so he don't talk shit" and "it was NOT hubristic to mind-rape him so he would stop beating his poor wife and kids" and so on. The words "Every mage and every circumstance is different from a Wisdom standpoint." just instantly create every my game with Wisdom into a fucking shitshow, and while I'm not above slapping my players back to their senses (metaphorically speaking), I do have to admit that sometimes they have a point.
>>
>>51235414
Wisdom isnt morality though.
>>
>>51235414
It sounds like your players are too afraid to lose Wisdom. I've seen a house rule that says the following: "when you lose a dot of Wisdom, you gain 2 Arcane Experiences. You may spend them on other supernatural traits, or assign one of your Obsession slots to 'Becoming Wiser'. After following this Obsession, you may spend the Arcane Experiences to buy back your Wisdom.
>>
I've been a D&D player my whole life, and I'm just now trying to get my group into WoD because it seemed like an interesting system.

Why the fuck is everything so convoluted?
>>
>>51235521
I don't know what the Wisdom is. Neither do my players, and neither does the book.

>>51235528
They aren't afraid to lose Wisdom - they do too many hubristic shit for that. But they do tend to rationalize the things they do (like all humans), and that leads to arguments over every degeneration roll.
>>
>>51235374
>The Mystery spans for a decade
I assumed that to mean they would be investigating it for a decade while also living their lives.
>>
>>51235557
Because you've been a D&D player your whole life.
Welcome.
>>
>>51235575
there are just... so many new words to memorize...

and fuck, i'm the GM for everything because no one else in my group wants to, so i'm expected to know the rules, but even just in character creation i've had to say "ehh, let's just call that a 7" or "i don't know, let's skip that part of the character sheet" so many times. it's frustrating as all hell.
>>
>>51235559
"Wisdom is a mage’s ability to judge the value of when, where, why, and how to use magic. Mages commonly call this virtue sophia, but Awakened society debates constantly on what constitutes “right” usage of their magic. Wisdom represents the control a mage has over her magic. A character with low Wisdom runs the risk of her magic spiraling out of control. It sometimes becomes a rampant force, and Paradox follows quickly behind."

Huh. That does offer a lot of room for arguing.
>>
>>51235598
What game are you trying to run?
>>
>>51235608
party agreed on demons, so i went out and picked up a used copy of demon: the descent for all of us to share.
>>
>>51235598
It gets easier Anon, also later editions usually have better character creation assistance.

Also what >>51235608 said, what game are you running?
>>
>>51235559
Sounds like they're too caught up in trying to be in the right. Although the way I see it losing Wisdom doesn't really make you wrong (until you get really low), instead it's just a gauge of how much of an asshole you are.
>>
>>51235607
It does, because mages argue about it even in-universe.

>>51235625
Well, they are, and I don't feel like throwing away this group, so maybe you can help with an initial question: how the hell you can explore themes of hubris without Wisdom?
>>
>>51235644
>how the hell you can explore themes of hubris without Wisdom?
By showing total assholes who commit the most horrendous attrocities for Supernal power.
>>
>>51235644
>how the hell you can explore themes of hubris without Wisdom?
Parallels. Have bad guys or just some assholes do some of the same shit they do and if the players call them on it have the bad guys/assholes offer up justifications and rationalizations.
>>
>>51235620
I don't know shit about Demon. If you want my opinion you should start out with the three core games (Mage, Vampire, and Werewolf).
They're usually the easiest to get into and then once you get comfortable with the system you can move on to the weirder games. I'm just assuming that Demon is one of the weirder games.
>>
>>51235721
Demon can be played without any knowledge about anything else in CofD. IMHO it's easier to get into right of the bat then any of the core games because demons lack the convoluted society/history of Vampire/Mage/Werewolf
>>
Anybody got Veil of Night but better quality? The one that is shared is shite.
>>
>>51235620
So what is it you have problems with?
>>
>>51234339
>Yes, Matt taught us the important lesson of never letting Matt develop a WW rpg without proper adult supervision.

I though Phil goatboy buccatto taugh us the same lesson.
>>
So Fetch from changeling is functionally same as normal human being right? I wonder about potential of fetch becoming a Hunter after he killed changeling that was chasing him(i.e. the real guy)
>>
>>51236604
The Fetch can certainly act like a Hunter and develop a specialty for hunting changelings, but since they aren't truly human, they can't use Risking Willpower nor acquire Practical Experiences.
>>
>>51236604
Mostly, until the Changeling exits the Hedge, having escaped from Arcadia.

Then the Fetch instantly and fully realizes exactly what a horrifying mockery of an actual person it is, with a mere fragment of a stolen soul, and how this mad, broken person has clawed its way out of hell, and will likely want to murder you and take the life you've been living.

It also gets Magic.
>>
>>51235557
Get a copy of Diablerie: Mexico for V:tM. It's the closest this world has to a dungeon-crawl.
>>
>>51236653
Damn is that so? Haven't actually read too much about Changeling but I liked this concept.

Thought most fetches are completely unaware that they were made out of old tv set and leftover cheese and then all of the sudden some crazy troll is chasing them across the town.
>>
>>51236604
>So Fetch from changeling is functionally same as normal human being right?
No. They're made from magic and it's common for them to be crazy. Even if one was perfectly normal they still wouldn't be human.
>>
>>51236710
They normally are, and until the Changeling returns they can have a normal life, find a nice woman/man, have kids, get a mortgage, share your shitty opinions.

They can be in denial, but ultimately once that happens, their old life is gone. Now it's nothing but paranoia, and eternal fear of the horrific shit that waits in the shadows to kill you, and take your life.

In other words, an excellent "person" to join the Hunters, if they don't find out what you are.
>>
>Changelings become changelings when taken into Arcadia
>Arcadia is a Supernal Realm
>and therefore should be blocked by the Abyss
How does that work?
>>
>>51236755
Ok thanks mate. I can work with that
>>
>>51236769
>Arcadia is a Supernal Realm
Fae Arcadia and Mage Arcadia are different realms.
>>
>>51236847
Everything I read says it's never been answered. I guess I'll just choose to believe that Supernal Arcadia is in the Astral and Changeling Arcadia is in the same vein as the Underworld.
>>
>>51236998
>Everything I read says it's never been answered.
I remember reading that in 2e Supernal Arcadia is stated to be different from Fae Arcadia, but I didn't remember the source. Anyway, there is nothing Supernal about changelings, Hedge and Exiled.

>Supernal Arcadia is in the Astral
What? Astral is just the part of Fallen World. You can't put Supernal realm into the Fallen one, that shit isn't going to fly.
>>
>>51237152
This is exactly why crossover doesn't work in any world of darkness, old or new. You have to ultimately decide on which splat is "true"

Take note, Ericsson
>>
>>51235296
>Mage theme is HUBRIS, not "being a badass motherfucker"

Not that there's anything wrong with being a badass motherfucker.

My Obrimos didn't learn Forces 5 to sit around drinking tea and navel gazing
>>
>>51236592
>I though Phil goatboy buccatto taugh us the same lesson.

Sadly, Brucato is yet another lesson in fucking-up game development.

It appears OPP is a little slow to learn lessons. I beginning to think RIch belongs on the short bus.
>>
>>51235296
>The theme is HUBRIS, not "being a badass motherfucker".

Fuck you. I'm making a Mage based on Samuel L Jackson just to spite you, now. He's had enough of these motherfucking Exarchs on this motherfucking plane.... of existence.
>>
What is the vampire's void? Is it like the Abyss? Is it the Abyss?
>>
>>51237485
>This is exactly why crossover doesn't work in any world of darkness, old or new.
I don't even try. I play Mages, so Mages are "true" in my games. Atlantis existed in Pangea, and Cain is Supernal Truth of vampires, their divine protector and progenitor.
>>
>>51237541
>He's had enough of these motherfucking Exarchs on this motherfucking plane.... of existence

Well done.
>>
>>51237588
Who is Cain?
>>
>>51237627

Check out the Cainite Heresy from Hunter's Night Stalkers
>>
If you were allowed to choose any three VtM disciplines to have in real life, which ones would you choose?
>>
>>51237588
This
>>
>>51237793
Fortitude would be fun for jumping off buildings.

Obfuscate to do the creep (ahhhhhhhh)

Obtenebration because nothing travels faster than the speed of darkness. (source: second Neverending Story movie)
>>
Would 16 CHA still be a good start for Pally. CHA isnt their attack stat but just Spell DC. Would it be of to leave it at 14/+2 at charter creation?
>>
>>51237793
Dominate is a no brainer. I'll take Fortitude if anyone tries to take me by surprise. Then Thaumaturgy because dude wizards, though I also considered Presence, Protean and Obfuscate.
>>
>>51238154
>(stares at you blankly)
>>
>>51238154

Yes, that would be fine. Consider having your paladin take at least two dots in True Faith also
>>
>>51235131
I'm working on one right now, for Vampire: the Masquerade 20th.

Finished the Clans, started on the Bloodlines. After that will come Ghouls, then Others, then Mortals, then Animals.

And then maybe Caine, with honest-to-God stats, not simply "you lose"...sorta'
>>
>>51237793

Obeah
Temporis
Chimestry

Go big or go home, I always say.
>>
>>51238154
At low levels, a Paladin is more important as a frontline fighter than a spellcaster, so make sure your Strength or Dexterity are set first, followed by Constitution. Charisma is 3rd but you can boost it later with Ability Score Increases.

Hey, just 'cause you're in the wrong thread doesn't mean you can't get good advice.
>>
File: 1379439987009.jpg (223KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1379439987009.jpg
223KB, 900x1391px
I want to build a combat optimal character in 2e. What are some key attributes and merits I should focus on?
>>
>>51225776
Look up the Cainite Heresy from DA.
>>
>>51238353
What sort of character? A mortal, a vampire, a werewolf?
>>
>>51238408
We're prob gonna play Changeling or Werewolf. Changeling isn't out yet so I'm not sure if I'll get much help there but I'm thinking a knightly Fairest would be neat.
>>
>>51237744
Because we really needed to bring oWoD into nWoD.
>>
>>51225776
I'm not sure it'll work that well. It's been tried, and the result was fire and the sword for most of the vampires involved. See >>51238398 for more info.
>>
>>51238252
Ech he should just put all dots in Prime/Life or if he is a vampire grab Septemi bloodline and vampire fencing
>>
>>51238429
They are completely different things. The only thing they share is a name and a propensity for getting vampires killed.
>>
Be virgin have sex. Cast Time spell to go back a scene. Not have sex. Will you still remember the experience?
>>
>>51238425
You should consider picking the Soldier Kith. The Might Of The Terrible Brute Contract is a must. And invest some dots in Hedgespun Armor and a Token sword, of course. Here is the Blessing for the Soldier Kith in case you are curious:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K8R3qXyDyoT3dOR1VFcjVOOFk/view
>>
>>51238578
Wew, that looks crazy strong!
>>
>>51238429
Well, I liked Cain, so I brought him along. But he is even more myth than in VtM in my game, so why not?
>>
File: 1484579999554.jpg (1MB, 2352x970px) Image search: [Google]
1484579999554.jpg
1MB, 2352x970px
>>51238050
Alright, which one of you did this?
>>
I thought of a bardos, This one is incredibly stable due to it being born from every generations children realisation that life isn't all fun and games and the belief that santa claus and stuff doesn't exist.
>>
>>51237793
Domination, Vicissitude, Temporis.
>>
>>51235233
How, exactly? That's the point of embracing and blood-binding people.
>>
>>51238999
Blood bond work both ways. Each time Elder drinks from child, he risks blood bonding himself to him. And in small town, there is just no way he'll have enough children embraced to avoid that. And then down it goes...
>>
Quick question. In Geist from what I see your character was on the brink of death or died but was ressurected at that moment. What about people that died and got buried? Is it possible for such people to get up?
>>
>>51239091
The Bargain with the Geist would bring you back from the brink of death before you were buried.
>>
>>51237793

Vicissitude
Dominate
Presence

And go full purple man 2.0
>>
>>51238908
It was me. I did it. It's all part of my master plan to ruin The World of Darkness, of course.
>>
>>51238540

Yes
>>
>>51236779
One thing to remember about Fetches is that they are as liable to be normal until their mirror returns, as they are to be bat-shit crazy because the Fae just get things wrong sometimes.
>>
>>51239376

Joke's on you it was already ruined
>>
>>51235233
That's when the Dark God must enter his Torpor and must be safeguarded by his faithful flock until he rises again. Just make sure to incorporate it into the religion ahead of time.
>>
>>51239436
I said it was only *part* of my plan. I did everything else too.

You think vampires and werewolves are scary? They're monsters. I'M THE DEVIL.
>>
>>51239499
>Designer: the Agenda.
>>
>>51239436
If OPP was worth a damn, they'd make an April Fool's book this year.

Social Justice: The Warrioring. Antagonists can be an evil cabal of "Alt-Righters". Make fun of both sides kind of like Dracula at the keynote a while back.

They won't though.
>>
>>51237793
Dominate, Presence, Obtenebration

Now guess my favorite clan
>>
I am making a group of Proximi (Acanthus/Mind) based on the Assassins group from Assassin's Creed.

What would a good bloodline curse be? I am thinking about Omen Sensitivity controlled by the GM and going into pattern recognition overdrive when they overtax their abilities. Most of their abilities would not be overt and would be explainable by superlative luck and training.
>>
>>51239549
But that's what their games are now. It's no longer a joke thing.
>>
>>51239584
I know. :(
>>
>>51238908
I bet the Nosferatu did this!
>>
>>51239621
I wonder if I should start back to work on my 'vampire heartbreaker' that I have worked on, on and off, and actually try to put it together for an 'alpha' reading for people...
>>
>>51238908
What.
They are mixing nWoD and oWoD stuff.
Whoever did that is a hack.
>>
>>51239570
Lasombra antitribu?
>>
>>51238908
I'm amused you think anyone in this thread doesn't take that shit seriously.
>>
>>51239736
They aren't. But they're shoving all this transgender/othergender/whatever sidebars into every book now. I don't give a shit that you're whatever, it shouldn't have to eat up space in a book; that's a GROUP thing and people shouldn't have to be told that 'this is okay,' because ultimately it's not going to change anyone's mind on that topic ANYWAY. Especially in the condescending method they use.
>>
>>51239477
Yeah, and when you rise you find out that small religious town becomes a large atheist city, and your grand-grand children became elder themselves and out to perform Amaranth on you... provided nobody did it on you in the sleep.
>>
Does anyone in this thread actually LIKE the games?
>>
>>51239837
I do. The problem is finding the right people to play with.
>>
>>51239806
I could understand the sidebar in D&D. For one, the gender arguments are firmly grounded in the lore (fluid gods, elfs bucking gender roles, etc.), but also, D&D is more designed for pick-up and random games with their promotion of the Adventurer's League. So a friendly, thematic reminder added there isn't that big of a deal.

World of Darkness is only played by a niche group of players who likely have their own playgroup (and thus should be comfortable discussing the issue on their own without guidance from a book). Honestly, if the people you're playing with can't have a mature discussion like adults without some heavy-handed guidance from one of those sidebars, your group is bound to have more problems than what those authors think.

So in reality, these sidebars are only a soapbox for the author to broadcast their personal views, because they are either A.) unnecesary additions for a group that can handle it, or B.) useless additions for a group that won't handle it.

That said: If I ever hear an author using the fucking excuse "we don't have space to include <x thematic element>" for a book again, they can fuck right off.
>>
File: Agent_Smith.jpg (39KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
Agent_Smith.jpg
39KB, 625x417px
Would Smith be a good example of cofd demons?
>>
>>51239901
Yes. Only without a God-Machine.
>>
>>51239837
The old school fags usually do. The new rabble doesn't, they just argue about their current super special homebrews while ranting about pronouns or screaming about oWoD being shit.
>>
>>51239837
I do like settings. Systems are piece of shit.
>>
>>51239901
Nope, he's an Angel. There is a thread for homebrewed ephemeral beings on the OP forums, which includes an Angel based on him:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/993181-twilight-menagerie?p=1025437#post1025437
>>
>>51239837
I do. I play quite often, both OWoD and NWoD, but I've been playing with this same group regularly since 2004, so we know each others' ins and outs; most of us met in LARP but we kinda rotate through groups of TT as well.

And we have a group of straight, gay, and bi individuals. This is the reason I feel like the stupid sidebars are unnecessary, as >>51239899 says, regarding the playgroup.
>>
>>51239967
7/10, made me reply
>>
File: 1478715170986.jpg (403KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478715170986.jpg
403KB, 768x768px
>>51240004
>Thinking it was trolling or incorrect
>>
>>51237533
His refusal to do anything about Holden and Morke's management of Exalted 3E also reflects kinda poorly on OPP as a whole.
>>
>>51239837
Let me sum up my feelings for White Wolf IP's with a song....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5CeZD0PjE

....because when the 20th Anniversary stuff isn't overpriced, overhyped and crammed full of Lief Jones art, it jumps the shark completely with Phil "Satyros" Brucatto riding the fucking motorcycle.
>>
>>51239091

No. Only way that can happen is with a very specific kind of Mehket embrace, or very powerful Mage magic. There are other means, too, but those are the ones that'll probably keep most of the psyche intact.

Of course, this is only if we're taking about formal burials, which take place days after death. Someone murdered and quickly thrown in a shallow grave would still get a chance at the Bargain. Cue dramatic shot of a hand shooting out of the ground.
>>
>>51240155
You still mad about Mage, bro?
>>
>>51239549

I'd rather have small sidebars and asides than yet another inherently unfunny attempt to make fun of internet culture. Beast is bad enough about it.
>>
>>51239720
why would you make a heartbreaker?
>>
>>51239899
Fucking this. It's either preaching to a choir, or ignored completely by people insulted to their core, but either way it's a waste of fucking space.

Take M20 for example. Not only could they not fit in simple, easy to understand rules on Magic - in a GAME about MAGES - but they have page upon page of wordy, smarmy rants about whatever had Brucatto menstruating in rage that week, as well as a sidebar explaining that there wasn't any *room* for rules on Sorcerers. The book is SEVEN HUNDRED PAGES. If they'd cut back on shitty artwork, hell if they'd just hired an editor with enough spine to redline Brucatto, it would have fit just fine. But no, Rich Thomas doesn't give a fuck as long as they keep making pens, t-shirts, mouse pads "...and we're looking into dice".

Fuck Onyx Path. I hope Ericsson sweeps the leg. I'm off to eBay to buy more books from a decade ago, and youse cunts can git farked.
>>
>>51240221
Because I dabble in RPG writing, and I had some ideas about an alternate vampire game. So I guess less 'heartbreaker' and more 'alternate'. Like 13th Age is to D&D, for example.
>>
>>51239901
In the films he was based on the Gnostic concept of Archons, so really, he's closer to an Angel but dangerously close to falling.
>>
>>51240253
I'd skim an alpha doc, sure
>>
>>51240182
Bro, I will be still swearing about Mage 20th and it's genital mutilation when Ericsson drops "One World of Darkness" on the world and gives EVERYONE a new reason to hate
>>
>>51239837

White Wolf fans are the biggest drama hounds in the whole gaming scene. They'll get on their soapbox to make proclamations about anything at all, no matter what the venue or what political stripe they may have.

That's not to say that all of them are wrong or that all criticism is unfounded, that simply leads to another kind of drama that White Wolf fans love. It's just that strong criticism is always going to be more common among White Wolf fans on the internet than praise is, and that's just how it's going to be since White Wolf games hit a specific niche that few other games do, even now.
>>
>>51240235
lmao Mage 20 was a rewrite of the setting to make it more sjw with literally, LITERALLY copy pasted rules sections and BETTER-SAME-WORSE alternatives to the old plot points.
>>
>>51240302
>White Wolf fans are the biggest drama hounds in the whole gaming scene.

Gentle reminder that Warhammer 40K's treatment of Space Marines under Matt Ward invited death threats, Aspel.
>>
>>51240253

Have you checked out Undying? It's a Vampire heartbreaker that tried to be a modern take on the tone of 1e VtM and it's not bad at all.
>>
>>51240302
>It's just that strong criticism is always going to be more common among White Wolf fans on the internet than praise is

Not hard when the company makes the must funded tabletop game kickstarter then delivers a piece of shit 2,5 years late that needs two erretas and an art overhaul while failing to deliver half the promised features all at once.

Only fucking praise you can give is that they tried.
>>
>>51230503
Sorry, I have no friends to roleplay with and zero experience with tabletop/pen-and-paper/traditional RPGs, so I'm wondering, what website is the one you're using in that screenshot to roleplay online?
>>
>>51240302
Excuse me, I love White Wolf.

I hate Onyx Path.

Know the difference.
>>
>>51240338
I have; it's not as detailed/crunchy as I would like, and I don't 'get' the playbook system. Like, I know it's just 'here's the stuff for vampire types' but it's still one of those weird things that I just find weird. Their humanity rules are cool, and how they tie to blood pool is neat.
>>
>>51240309
>literally, LITERALLY copy pasted rules sections

That could almost be acceptable if they didn't omit things, contradict things, confuse things or put things in the wrong place. Brucatto can't write rules for shit. The rules on vehicles are fucking atrocious, and unless your character takes a dot in "Technology" they literally can't operate a TV remote.

One reviewer contacted Phillip "Shatyros" and enquired as to why he didn't change Occult to make it functional. RAW, Occult is the only Knowledge in the game that can tell you erroneous information on a successful roll.

>5 successes? uhhhhh, yeah, vampires can't cross running water, sure

The stupid shit-eating cunt replied that he couldn't change it because that's the way it appeared in previous editions. This is despite the fact that as >>51240309 pointed out, the setting, faction names, rules sets and metaplot all experienced extensive re-writes on Brucatto's whims.
>>
>>51240387
Looks like a chat log from roll20.
>>
>>51239814
Christ, vampires are assholes.
>>
>>51240326

I'm not Aspel. If I was, that response would be three hundred words longer than it needed to be along with responding to every other post along with an inexplicable detour to a Buzzfeed article or something. Search your heart, you know it to be true. I don't even think they've posted in this thread at all (that's not an excuse to do so, Aspel).

Man, death threats are nothing compared to someone shitting on a White Wolf writer's desk in response to the Exalted 1e to 2e transition, or the legal kerfluffle involving the Camarilla. If anyone takes the cake from White Wolf fans being the biggest drama people, it's probably D&D fans in the virtue of D&D being, well, D&D.
>>
>>51240167
>Only way that can happen is with a very specific kind of Mehket embrace,
Untrue actually. All vampires can do it, but the Mekhet don't like that knowledge to spread. 2e change
>>
>>51240397
So... I kickstarted W20, but never actually read the book nor played OWOD to compare it to.

Did they fuck up W20 as well?
>>
>>51240496
>>
>>51240440
>I'm not Aspel. ... Search your heart, you know it to be true. I don't even think they've posted in this thread at all (that's not an excuse to do so, Aspel).

I figured, I was just attempting to smoke him out. For the record, no-one has seen Aspel now in over 2 days. Either bad weather in the US has severed his Internet (hooray!) or he's crawled out of his parent's basement to seek actually having a life and human contact (sucks for his neighbourhood, great for us! Hooray!)

>Man, death threats are nothing compared to someone shitting on a White Wolf writer's desk in response to the Exalted 1e to 2e transition, or the legal kerfluffle involving the Camarilla.

Oh please, please, please give us storytime. Did someone literally shit on the writer's desk? What was the legal trouble?
>>
>>51240569
Or he is dead.
>>
>>51240496
As far as I know, reviews of Vampire 20 and Werewolf 20 have been largely positive. About the only drawback seems to be that they've crammed so much into one book that it becomes impractical.
>>
>>51240603
>or he is dead

It's a little late for Christmas wishes.
Still....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs
>>
>>51240429
And that's even before you understand that your religion is now fractured into dozens of tiny little bits, most of which consider each other heretics!
>>
>>51240388

There is no difference, down to them both having the same creative director before the CCP soft shutdown and Paradox purchase. Like or not, these are pretty much the same sort of White Wolf problems people have been talking about since WoD's birth, though obviously the slower book output is a major change.

I do expect that we're going to see major differences between White Wolf AB and Onyx Path as companies when things really get going, though. I also predict that OPP will either write the VtM 5e book itself or WW will heavily tap the OPP freelancing pool once they've exhausted BNS's writing team.
>>
>>51240647
What is the likelihood of Paradox jettisoning OPP and going full freelance?
>>
>>51240647
>down to them both having the same creative director before the CCP soft shutdown and Paradox purchase

That was only near the end of White Wolf though, before that only a few single sore points existed like Holden for Exalted.

Onyx Path currently is NOTHING BUT the dregs of White Wolf and a cadre of unpaid freelancers.
>>
>>51240668
Well if OPP continues on its current path, likely.

"Hey guys between lying about stuff in kickstarters, making fuck all and filling what we do write with shit do remember to buy another Camarilla T-shirt! And also kids, remember, we're not changing brand names and adding new mechanics into the Storyteller system to somehow evade a court case later, we're evolving! And no random freelancer, you wont get paid this time either, try again next book."
>>
>>51240747
Please god, let this happen.
>>
>>51240496
V20 and W20 are both great.

The only bad X20 book so far has been M20, and that's cause they tried to appeal to Mage 2e player.
>>
>>51240569

The legal trouble is documented to an extent: http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=2593

Led to the Camarilla being owned by WW until 2010.

As for the other story, I'm going by memory here so bear with me:

So in the early days of Exalted, my memory tells me that it was on the cusp of 2e, a bunch of White Wolf fans drove down to Stone Mountain and demanded to know what was happening with it. I want to say it was delay related but the story was told in a thread quite a while ago. Answer wasn't satisfactory for them, they find themselves alone in a writer's office, one of them shits on the desk, they run out before they could get caught.
>>
>>51240813
Are you talking about Ascension 2e, or Awakening 2e?
>>
>>51240822
M20 came out before Awakening's 2e by almost a year and there's several dozen rules referencing Ascension's 2e, so you tell me
>>
>>51240668
>>51240747

There's no chance. Ericsson's in real tight with OPP management, there's already confirmed 5e material that OPP is setting up for (whether or not this is the core, we'll see), and there's no point in jettisoning an entire client list, no matter how unfriendly the company's contracted payment plan is to its freelancers. And whether or not you're satisfied with their results, OPP had enough KS experience along with BNS to guide WW thorough that minefield for VtM 5e's inevitable Kickstarter projecr.

Remember, WW wants name recognition, being the "true successor" of the WoD brand is a more important narrative than pleasing people disgruntled with OPP. Call it the dregs all you'd like, but it's still enough name power to keep that narrative going. 5e's core will probably have a Mark Rein•Hagen forward with some material by Justin Achilli and maybe Andrew Greenburg/Bill Bridges/Sam Chupp, with most of the text by writers from BNS and OPP.
>>
>>51240270
Well, if I do decide to go there, I'll probably put up a thread about it.
>>
Has anyone catalogued the little word of god for genius the transgression? I read someone saying that anakrima exists but I wish to check
>>
Here's a question. If you were to redesign the Derangement system, what would you do?
>>
>>51243277
Focus on derangements that make sense as deranged coping mechanisms: PTSD, phobia's and addictions, maybe things like borderline and depression. Definitely not wacky things like schizophrenia or MPD.
>>
>>51241051
All I really want is a 5th edition DaveB OWoD mage.
>>
>>51243339
As an MtAs player, I concur. I don't dislike Awakening, it's probably my favority CofD splat and I know DaveB is extremely over qualified for the job.

M20 was so fucking garbage that it made me sick.
>>
>>51243403
He's the only person I'd trust at this point to make Paradigm not only flavorful but actually tied into the games rules.
>>
>>51243336
I like the cut of your jib. I would also add, consistent (and easy to apply) mechanical penalties for the appropriate type of derangement.

I do like the MET 'trait' system, where you can shake off giving in but you gain a 'trait', and when you get to three 'traits' you have to engage in the derangement's appropriate outcome though.
>>
>>51243433
Well I think he'd use Dark Ages Mage rules if push came to shove.

That said, there's rules hacks to make that actually work. I normally just give stunt die a la Exalted for fluffing in your paradigm and shit.
>>
>>51243486
Are casting Die pools in Dark Ages more than just your power stat in dice? I think that's the only OWoD Mage 'core' that I don't own...
>>
>>51243526
Well in DA Mage, you only have 4 "spheres" called Pillars. They're limited in scope but cover about 7 of the 9 spheres all together. The Pillars represent your version of magic and drastically limit what you can and can't do.

Your casting pool is your Foundation + Pillar rating. Foundation is your Arete but it's more mechanical. At 5 dots in your Foundation, you get a free super power, like Hermetics can spend 2 willpower per turn on +1 success option instead of the normal 1.

It's pretty fucking neat since being powerful doesn't outrank your specialization skill. You can have a Foundation of 1 but a Pillar at 5.
>>
>>51240235
>The book is SEVEN HUNDRED PAGES

I do not own the book, but for what do you need so many pages?
>>
>>51243622
To contain the writer's massive ego, I guess.
>>
>>51243622
Mage has a lot of lore actually.

That said, the Magic chapter is pretty well done compared to most of the previous editions, it just has fucking terrible casting rules. They're not really rules and more like guidelines and recommendations. Also they changed a lot of the mechanics that Revised fixed back to the 2e ones, so they're fucking terrible again.

Honestly, I just recommend Revised for anyone wanting to play Mage, the rules are more concrete.
>>
>>51240668
OPP cares about it's about its own system, so they get the writers. Can't spend a dime on owod, so they bring out the oldies to write the books for them. And thus v20, w20 were more or less ok, send offs. and m20 got the shaft because HI PHIL for ego money grab. New WW's Drac's problem now. nostalgia fans be so mad, cause they don't get the love and work OPP gives its own IPs

nWW and OPP are effectively two different writing companies. wishing either company to fail isn't going to do jackshit. Paradox would have to treat them both as different. OPP will keep pushing their stuff, and nWW will have to push OneWorld. nWW will have to stand on it's own just like OPP will have to stand on it's own.
>>
Is there any good Mage fiction?
>>
>>51243812
Dresden Files are as close as you're gonna get to a good one.
>>
>>51243812
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter
>>
>>51243841
Harry Potter and Mage are very different
>>
>>51243899
Nah its just a Hermetic School.
>>
>>51243899
That doesn't stop some people from trying to model the Potterverse with Mage rules:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hJfnVtas1wmVS5E0UIiDB3GzNiJrWNjqp_bjALMI_Vw/edit
>>
>>51243622
to tell you about his culinary likings, his opinion regarding pronouns and gender identity and whine about memes like turning vampires into armchairs
>>
>>51243812
Anything with John Constantine.
>>
File: kylehidethoughtful.gif (78KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
kylehidethoughtful.gif
78KB, 192x224px
So, the Giant trait. Does it give you +1 HP from being size 6, or does it give you the hp from being size 6 in ADDITION to the +1 HP they mention in the description.

>"...She’s Size 6, and gains +1 Health."
>>
>>51243812
The 2008 Spanish Ascension tv show "Paradigma"
>>
>>51243899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtO0cfgewY
Are you sure? Because this sure looks like a Mage LARP.
>>
>>51244063
You gain just the +1 health from being size 6.
>>
>>51244154
alright, thanks
>>
>>51244154
>>51244166
Just because this is correct doesn't mean you shouldn't argue with your ST about it.,
>>
>>51244068

Was it really an Ascension show? I saw the trailer for it but never got to see the whole thing.
>>
>>51244280
Yeah it was, I found it worth watching personally. I only found subtitles for about half of it so I shelled out some cash to get someone online to translate the rest.
>>
>>51244063
Size 5 is normal human, so what would size 6 be? Like nearly 7 feet or taller?
>>
>>51244563
>>
>>51244355

Well, damn, I'll have to check it out then.
>>
>>51240496
>So... I kickstarted W20, but never actually read the book nor played OWOD to compare it to.
>Did they fuck up W20 as well?

V20: Amazing.
W20: Pretty darn good.
M20: OHGODKILLITWITHFIRE
>>
>>51240818
No words. Should have sent a poet.
*wipes tear from eye*
>>
>>51243336
>wacky things like schizophrenia

Fuck you. I have schizophrenia, there's nothing "wacky" about it. It's a serious illness with a lifelong suicide risk of 5%, you ignorant cunt.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.