[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 71

File: BigTroubleInLittleKingdomDeath.jpg (394KB, 798x1363px) Image search: [Google]
BigTroubleInLittleKingdomDeath.jpg
394KB, 798x1363px
Now A Major Motion Picture Edition

FAQ
>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.
>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore wont be getting any more stock while the update is in production. Should restock on Black Friday. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.
>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.
>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.
>WTF is this Ekoi shit?
Ekoi is an anon who got his OC made into the Anonymous Survivor promo and got a direct line to Poots. He namefagged for a bit then some faggot(s) decided to shitpost as "Ekoi". Real one is !JPiuy1x7.k ignore or report all others, with any luck they'll go away soon.

Previous thread >>51189806

>Threadly Question
Butcher, Tyrant, Manhunter, or Pariah?
>>
>tfw no manhunter pinup art
Sad times.
>>
2nd for EKOI BRONY TIME!
>>
>>51209726
Adam will likely show it off in an update once he has it. Those pinups will be coming.
>>
File: Gambler's Chest Models.jpg (282KB, 800x2579px) Image search: [Google]
Gambler's Chest Models.jpg
282KB, 800x2579px
Gambler's chest final miniature content.

46 miniatures. More than in the core set. For $100. If you didn't get a Gambler's Chest then you made a mistake.
>>
File: LOLkingdomdeath.jpg (227KB, 1500x916px) Image search: [Google]
LOLkingdomdeath.jpg
227KB, 1500x916px
here's some OC I just made
>>
>>51209661
Butcher.
He's the only one who shows any restaint. The rest simply do what they want to do. They want to be dicks, so they're dicks.
He's a literal screaming maniac who wants to kill everything, but stops at four survivors and trashing your settlement.
That makes him a pretty swell guy.
>>
Super survivors + a wanderer or Pathfinders of death?
>>
>>51209796
Dat Beast Hunter armor
>>
File: partswap.png (161KB, 357x276px) Image search: [Google]
partswap.png
161KB, 357x276px
>>51209796
I'm gonna customize that into being the thiccest character.
>>
>>51209661
>Butcher, Tyrant, Manhunter, or Pariah?
For what?
>>
>>51209949
>For what?
For hugs and fugs.
>>
>>51209957
Butcher for fug. He's a beast in the sack.
Pariah for hug. All those extra arms to hold you extra safe.
Manhunter for brotime. He looks like a heavy drinker.
Tyrant for headpats. Compared to him, every survivor is Young Survivor.
>>
>>51209949
Good answer, anon. gain +1 understanding.
>>
Best thiccc coming thru
>>
Starting the topic on angels and how the gods in kingdom death are angels
>>
Are crossovers and Promos KS exclusive?
>>
File: cute mosquito.jpg (105KB, 639x852px) Image search: [Google]
cute mosquito.jpg
105KB, 639x852px
Cutest monster
>>
>>51210151
Nothing is strictly KS exclusive this time around, but crossovers and promos may not make it to the webstore, being limited to KS and, say, gencon.
>>
>>51210151
Crossovers are going to be con exclusives according to Poots.

Promos will probably be easier to get, but may not see full release.
>>
>>51210167
How adorable. And she wants to suck your face, too. Literally.
>>
How likely is it that the Messengers prices will go down on eBay after the that wave hits? I want the Guts mini but I don't care about Link or the Gurren Lagan one and I don't even know who the other chick is.
>>
>>51210222
>prices will go down on eBay
lol

About as likely as Poots sending you a complimentary retail pledge.
>>
>>51210222
Chinaman recasts will likely remain at their current price. Extra product from people who only care about some minis (or none but got a Satan, or were just scalping anyway) will drive down the price of legit copies, but probably not to sub-KS value. And depending on how the rules get bundled they might be hard to find.
>>
>>51210259
Wait are you implying Poots won't do that?
>>51210270
I might be autistic or something, but I'm opposed to recasts. Every time I looked at the mini I'd just think "fake", and that kind of thing bugs me.
Thanks for the info, though.
>>
I'm thinking of doing a sample fight for my cousins. What monster should they fight? Other than tutorial lion because I hate it.

Antelope? Phoenix? A nemesis? Or expansion monster?
>>
>>51210357
Just do the prologue dude. Stop being a whiny faggot.
>>
>>51210357
You want a fight with enough moving pieces that it can be "learned" but not such brutality or complexity that they won't have a chance to 'get' it. Maybe Beast of Sorrow? It's sort of Lion on "Exaggerate the strategy" mode. Antelope 1 wouldn't be terrible. Slendy 1, Tyrant 1, or Lion Knight 2 could be a ton of fun.
>>
>>51210357
If they're fans of (or even just aware of) Slenderman and you have that expansion then I'd put money on it that they'd love it.
>>
>>51210357
Any nemesis would do imo.

When I introduced a friend of mine who wasn't really into boardgames to KDM it didn't really "click" for him until we got to fight the Tyrant for the first time.
>>
looking for a breast pump?
>>
>>51210222
you may see a small short term dip. depends how aggressive resellers
>>
>>51210769
Guess I'll see how much money I have when/if the pledge manager comes. I should probably be prioritizing expansions, but fuck me I really want that mini.
>>
Another poll because I like polls and am bored.

How large is your KD:M group, /kdg/?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12110792
>>
>>51211000
I have more than one group so I answered the weird way
>>
>>51210499
>>51210546
>>51210620
Yeah, leaning towards Slendy or Tyrant.

Which means I need to finish my Tyrant.
>>
Attached is the updated Honeycomb Weaver pervy fan campaign. Highlights:

* Testable now by subbing the Butcher in for the Weaver, but will eventually use both the 10 Year and 100 Year Honeycomb Weaver.

* Now with less "just don't do this" and more actual replacements for mechanics that didn't work.

* Includes some unique gear, resources, and settlement locations. Added a settlement event that can turn a survivor into a futa. It's not my particular cup of tea, but fits thematically with the Weaver, so figured, "why not?"

* Art and layout are still a travesty because I am a bad.

* Trigger warning, because what sort of anarchy would 4chan fall under if we didn't include those? : Hyper pregnancy, obesity, female to male vore, implied nonconsensual actions (cause pheromones), and futa.

Comments on ways to tighten up rules and actually make the expansion look like it wasn't drawn by a five year old using crayon would be appreciated.
>>
>>51209832
Super Survivors is basically a full on expansion at this point, and comes with far more content than the Pathfinders of Death.

Pathfinders of Deaths major draw in is the Age Replacement tables, and those will be scanned in rather quickly.
>>
I spent over $1666 on KS for this game and I literally have no friends

how do i make friends
>>
>>51211093
I find that walking up to random people and handcuffing yourself to them works wonders.
>>
File: Gold Smoke Knight.jpg (225KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Smoke Knight.jpg
225KB, 1200x1600px
I wonder how the storyline is going to change to incorporate the Gold Smoke Knight. Right now the game wraps up quite well when the flashlight obsessed ghost rises up, but apparently your settlement survives at least another 5 years afterwards.
>>
>>51211083

Honestly, the reason I didn't get pathfinders of death was that it felt less like expansion content for KDM (a game I own) and more a demo for Kingdom Death: Heroes (a game that might never exist).

Huh. NOW I am imagining Poots working with Paizo to make Kingdom Death: Heroes a thing. Paizo has to know that the Pathfinder bubble can't last forever, so them branching out into other RPGs would be good for them.

And using Paizo's publishing and distribution connections would save Poots a lot of money and work.
>>
File: Welcome to Silver City.jpg (344KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Silver City.jpg
344KB, 1680x945px
>>51211192
>poots
>ever giving up complete, tyrannical creative control of his baby
>>
Would it be blasphemy to convert the Messenger of Humanity to look more like Gatsu?
>>
>>51211192
Wasn't it going to be called Labyrinth? Or is that something else entirely?
>>
>>51211262
KD: Labyrinth is indeed what you're thinking of. It's also supposed to have PVC plastic minis and be mainstream facing. Like that would ever happen given Poots' predilections.

Just imagine the Storm Knight, in full PVC glory.
>>
>>51211080
>actually make the expansion look like it wasn't drawn by a five year old using crayon

Here's this: some anon posted it a couple of threads back. ya'll need photoshop or gimp tho. as far as rules go i'm shit at it so I can't really help you.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template+Pack+Updated+December+25.rar
>>
File: worry.gif (200KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
200KB, 500x264px
>New settlement putting down some lions
>A few severe injuries over the course of hunts and bad rolls on intimacy kill a few survivors, and put bad negatives on others
>Really only have six worthwhile survivors
>First fight with Butcher
>Knock him down two turns in a row
>Beat him the fuck down but spend just about all survival avoiding severe injuries
>Get the cleaver and some scraps
>Clinging Mists
>Either hunt again immediately, or new settlement
>New LY1 settlement please
>Roll max survivors
>Intimacy give 2 kids
>Best results on all principles, milestones, and events rolled that settlement phase

Something really, really bad is going to happen soon, isn't it?
>>
>>51211559
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template+Pack+Updated+December+25.rar

Cheers anon. This helps a lot.
>>
>>51211675

Start tempting fate.

I was in a similar situation, we named the new settlement "Forever Safe Town".

Because we're safe now, probably forever.
>>
How do you play tabletop sim while waiting for the production to finish?
Is there secret pdf's like for W40k?
>>
>>51212250
https://mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ
>>
I'm already getting DK, Gorm, DBK, FK and LK

What should I get, Sunstalker+Manhunter (or slenderman) or Super survivors + Pathfinders of Death?
>>
>>51212624
Super survivors + Pathfinders of Death I would say since you should get the promo stuff while you cam
>>
>>51212624
Drop Lion and Flower, and pick up all the Wanderers. Flower is mediocre at best without Abyssal Woods, and Lion, while a fun fight, doesn't actually do much for you outside the Hybrid Armors.
>>
File: Berserk_v20c04p075.jpg (268KB, 768x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v20c04p075.jpg
268KB, 768x1100px
Reposting from last thread because I saw this last night while reading Berserk again and fuck me if that didn't look familiar (at first glance).
>>
>>51211675
>Something really, really bad is going to happen soon, isn't it?
Anticipate Plague, Murder, and Skull Eater.
>>
>>51213747
So All Wanderers>Pathfinders?
>>
File: dragondrink.jpg (58KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
dragondrink.jpg
58KB, 413x395px
>>51211950
>>
File: best boy.jpg (60KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
60KB, 900x600px
Please Poots, re-release this gem. Whatever you want in return, I'll be your dipping sauce bitch
>>
>>51213889
Probably, but I meant that the final pledge should be DK, Gorm, DBK, Super Survivors, Wanderers, ad Pathfinders, if you can afford that.
>>
File: babby sun.jpg (99KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
babby sun.jpg
99KB, 900x600px
>>51214247
Not before re-releasing this gorm stand-in
>>
>>51214301
Alright then, if I can't afford that I'll drop Pathfinders

Thanks!
>>
>>51214331
uguu~
>>
>>51211080
No its a good improvement
>>
I had an idea last thread for a campaign that involved having only 1 weapon mastery so I took the time and kinda fleshed it out if people want to give some feedback. I was just looking to get my ideas down on paper and will format it to not be awful at some point.
>>
File: gurlgamer.jpg (277KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gurlgamer.jpg
277KB, 1500x1000px
girls play too!
>>
File: 1406599500226.jpg (248KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1406599500226.jpg
248KB, 1024x687px
>>51214652
>tummy on the table
>>
>>51214652
I want the girl on the rights tank top that shit looks rad

why did you post this?
>>
File: Fighter-art_1024x1024.jpg (158KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fighter-art_1024x1024.jpg
158KB, 900x600px
>>51214652
Oh, I'll play with them alright.
>>
>>51214652
The right one look like the kind of girl that wants to peg you
>>
>>51214652
Thin your makeups!
>>
>>51214667
>>51214652
>that's kinda hot!
>>
>>51214740
kek, she's got the makeup layers of a clown, but I appreciate the effort just to do a game night
>>
>>51214689
Just doing my part as a male ally to show women partaking in the same activities as men and doing just as well
>>
>>51214652
I need to get out more. I literally just jacked off onto my screen protector while thinking of these two in a hot three way on the table as we celebrate taking down the Butcher on our first try with no bone darts or bandages
>>
File: pulled open rectum.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pulled open rectum.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
I'm guessing it's intentional that the dragon king's chest cavity looks like an asshole being spread open?
>>
>>51214806
10 minutes?
>>
I'm kind of suprised I missed the second KS.

I would have thought he would send an update to the backers of the original KS as a courtesy or something, but I don't recall getting one.
>>
>>51214817
Needs a ring on the rib.
>>
>>51214652
Got my brothers GF hooked on KD thanks to Spidicules' vagina and general creepy monster anatomical "correctness", the gameplay is a huge draw too.
>>
>>51214817
It opens and closed during the fight, giving it assorted -1 Toughness tokens.

If it gets 5 he meltsdown and obliterates everything in front of him.
>>
>>51215108

It's also referred to as a sphincter.
>>
>>51214817
>>51215108
>>51215274

He literally turns himself inside out and hides in his own asshole in dragonform.
>>
If an AI card says to full move through the target, does that mean the target suffers collision?

Specifically talking about Manhunter's run and gun card.
>>
>>51215326
Yes
>>
>>51215341
alrighty thanks
>>
File: Armors of Death.jpg (7MB, 4692x7742px) Image search: [Google]
Armors of Death.jpg
7MB, 4692x7742px
I made another thing.

I've got to say, some of these armor sets are fucking hype as shit. Can't wait to build and paint models based on this concept art.
>>
So is the gorm armor not supposed to be mix and match with the other armors?

Seems like you can't do a gorm torso with non gorm legs with how the sprue is set up
>>
>everyone posting their custom campaigns
>mine wont even be playable for another 4 years probably
Sad.

This is the Lantern Hoard equivalent from the "People of the Tree" campaign I'm working on. It combines every single expansion into a single campaign. It is meant to have as little custom content as possible, outside of the rules themselves to help the sheer number of expansions mesh. Let the original contents shine through, just used a little differently.

The settlement is built around a Lonely Tree that wishes to taste the blood of every monster. So a major part of the campaign is that you don't get to select the monsters you hunt, its randomized. There are 5 points on the timeline where you add more monsters to a deck of cards, and each hunt phase you draw from that to determine what you hunt.

Many monsters have two cards in that deck. The first one you kill gets added to the Tree Food deck, used for the Monstrous Fruit Harvest, and the second time you get some unique bonus (usually a way to endeavor to get their Strange Resources).

Nemesis monsters never become Tree Food, and instead just give you some bonus when you kill them.

Innovation is meant to be super easy in this, because it's gonna be all 30ish expansions worth of innovations to burn through. Given that it doesn't work as normal though, I had to provide a unique bonus for Symposium.

Romantic I'm not worrying about. Going the Sunstalker route and just forcing Barbaric on people probably. Depends on how much the Gamblers Chest actually changes those.
>>
File: 1483681633286.png (806KB, 639x664px) Image search: [Google]
1483681633286.png
806KB, 639x664px
COME FORTH, 「WHITE LION」
>>
>>51211093
Check if there are gaming groups near you and start mingling with those while you wait.
>>
>>51211093
just play solo.

hang up a advertisement in your local bakery.)
>>
>>51211318
No you're mixing up Kingdom Death: Labyrinth with Kingdom Death: Quest. The latter will be more mainstream with PVC minis and will actually be designed for retail, the former will include monsters like the Wet Nurse, Forge God, The Mothers etc as it would seem to take place in the holy lands.
>>
File: eddy.png (40KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
eddy.png
40KB, 126x126px
>>51211154
>destroying one of the extremely limited 54mm resin pinups to use the lower half for base decoration
>>
File: Gold Smoke Knight complete.jpg (224KB, 926x1310px) Image search: [Google]
Gold Smoke Knight complete.jpg
224KB, 926x1310px
>>51217197
This is Sascha Buczek's work.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPQkVxLt1a9EDgAYJZqgS0BSPx83TdTKXuby3NGfTsOfSReKsaYgLzKQZse26WwSw?key=b0FQUDVHcVpjRzR6Vzl5Zy1vU1d2YmhlbVM3NHVn

They got an incomplete model in a grab bag (Adam does these sometimes), so they used it for base decoration.
They didn't actually destroy a complete Encore model.
I think I've got the same body in a grab bag somewhere.
>>
>>51217250
That's looks real nice. I really need to learn to paint. Good thing I got mechs vs minions to practice on and later massive darkness.
>>
>>51215667
Looks solid and sounds like a cool challenge. Symposium as the unlock for that double innovation seems kind of early, though. Something a consequence or two down might make sense. Maybe like sacrifice or something?

I used those linked photoshop docs to update the Settlement locations and stuff for People of the Hive. They're mechanically identical, so I won't post a new version of the rules, but here's a preview:
>>
>>51217250
I wish someone explained to me the color choices these kind of artists make.

Those schemes are no color wheel at all.
>>
>>51214652
>starting survivors models
>starting gear
>vs Watcher
>terrain placement doesn't even make sense
This is more fake than that one image of a girl using printer directly via keyboard.
>>
>>51217822
Also, ink pens on the table.
You can't even really assume they just plopped the watcher down during the first story, because there's terrain.

...And who lovingly cradles the phoenix, anyway?
>>
>>51217369
What do you mean "no colour wheel"?
On the contrary, when you know colour theory, you open up a lot more options!
Go on >>>/ic/ and pick up a few books on color theory and off you go (personally I'm in the middle of James Gurney's and it is awesome)
>>
>>51217369
>I wish someone explained to me the color choices these kind of artists make.

Gold, smoke (grey), and a bit of fire fore the Gold Smoke Knight.
>>
>>51217897
>...And who lovingly cradles the phoenix, anyway?
People with anal vore fetish, that's who.
>>
File: kings_hand_1.jpg (180KB, 1500x920px) Image search: [Google]
kings_hand_1.jpg
180KB, 1500x920px
>>51217909
Case in point.

Explain what kind of colorscheme is this. This is not analogous, not complementary, not triadic, not tetradic, no nothing.
>>
>>51218006
No, but it does form an upside down pentagram, which is in keeping with KD's satanic angle.
>>
>>51217822
It's especially disappointing, as there are lots of female gamers out there, attractive ones, too.

But it's as if the ones who want to be photographed playing the game are after something else entirely...?

>>51217975
To the pictures credit, the one on the right looks like someone who could be into anal vore.
>>
Since I only very recently heard about this game, and missed out on all the kickstarters, when they officially release the core game will they also release the expansions and pinups that I missed from missing the kickstarters?
As the expansions and pinups posted in these threads look cool, will they ever be on sale in the future for those who missed the kickstarter like me?
>>
File: Capture.png (26KB, 1903x593px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26KB, 1903x593px
>>51218299
As I looked at their store and some of the stuff that people got from the kickstarter aren't listed in the store, and aren't listed in sold out section as well
>>
>>51218299
I saw that some of the expansions haven't sold out yet
When they sell out will they ever be released again? Or do I have to buy them before they sell out permanently?
>>
>>51218006
If art were science then it wouldn't be art
>>
>>51218006
>Explain what kind of colorscheme is this.

It's a "whatever the fuck the painter thought would look good" scheme.
>>
>>51218299
The production runs will be large enough for the game and expansions to see retail after fulfilment to the backers.
There were no exclusives in the kickstarter, but the cross-over miniatures will likely only be available at conventions and events.
Everything else should see a store release at some point.

I recommend signing up for the newsletter, that way you'll be kept in the loop when stuff goes up on the store.

>>51218321
There were tiers with all the existing expansions included as well, so reprints for everything have been ordered.
What's left after supplying the backers will go to the store.

The assumption is also that Adam should make enough money off this kickstarter to order reprints as needed this time.
>>
>>51218006
It's following some rules, but then it goes to far, in my opinion.
But the technical skill used is so excellent that you don't dare question it. Except you should.

The main colour(s) is yellow to red. Around a neutral grey.
Then you get your bits of complemenary colours (purple against the dominant yellow; green against the red).
I'm not sure where you see blue. I assume you mean the grey?
And of course all that is mirrored in the base and in the background (grey and yellows).

I think the red/green was the step too far. And that purple doesn't really work for me either, but I can't explain why.

I personally don't like it, even if I'm in awe at the technical skill, but I definitely see the logic behind it.
>>
>>51218544
Thanks for info, I'll sign up to the newsletter
I'm relieved that reprints for everything will happen, I'll have to have a lot of cash ready for when the expansions are released after the core game comes out as I missed out on the kickstarter where the core game and expansions were cheap
I fucking hate how I heard about this game the day after the second kickstarter ended, if I found out about this game one day earlier I could have got the game at a reasonable price, now I have to spend heaps on the game because of bad luck
>>
>>51218765
Please don't think that you'll need all expansions right away, it's a very big game on its own, especially with the core being expanded in this version.
While I can't be sure, it is likely that things will see a more steady supply this time, as the first KS nearly broke Adam's bank, but this one should not.

Some expansions will help add a little variety to the early game, but you'll have spent quite a huge amount of time playing before things start getting too samey.
>>
>>51218812
Will the core game go on special on the offical release? That would be great for people like me who missed out on the kickstarter

Thanks for telling me I don't need to buy all the expansions, I'll just be selective and only buy the ones I really want.
When the expansions are released on the store for the first time, will they go on special? That would be great for those who missed out on the kickstarter like me so I don't have to spend ridiculous amounts of money
>>
>>51218869
I imagine the core game may see a pre-order for a lower price before the full release, though it'll probably be more expensive than it was during the kickstarter.

Not sure if Adam will do the same for the expansions, but Adam does always give substantial discounts on Black Friday, which will be on November 24th in 2017.
During Black Friday 2016 the expansions still in stock were 50% off, so I expect something similar this year.
>>
>>51218869
Are you the same guy on /v/ I talked to before the Thread got deleted by some assmad mod?
>>
>>51218943
That sounds algoods
Do you reckon I should buy the game on pre-order or wait for the black Friday sale? Would it be cheaper on pre-order or black friday?
>>
>>51219001
Not a clue.
There's probably not going to be much difference between the two for the Core game, for the expansions Black Friday should offer the best discounts.
>>
>>51218946
Yeah, have I been talking to you in two threads simuntaneously? Kek
>>
File: kings_hand_4.jpg (80KB, 690x920px) Image search: [Google]
kings_hand_4.jpg
80KB, 690x920px
>>51218632
>I'm not sure where you see blue. I assume you mean the grey?
The cape.

After your analysis I think it could fall into a loose tetradic scheme, except for the out-of-nowhere blue.
>>
>>51219054
Would a good idea be for me to buy the core game on preorder, then save for a few months then buy an expansion or two in the black friday sales?
>>
>>51219099
>preorder
No such thing.
>>
>>51218946
I've been posting in two threads tonight as I'm finding out as much about the game that want to know as possible
Thanks to you and other anons I've found out a lot about this game
>>
I'm at a stage now with my main group that I can start a solo campaign without any major spoilers.

My main campaign is just the core box, but I want to start adding in expansions to my new one. I live all the knights so those three are the main ones I want to add, and I also really want to build the hybrid sets from the lion knight expansion. The downside to that is that you really need to focus on the core game quarries for the resources.

Are there any other expansions I could add in to try an maximise the new content I'm using? I have everything except for Dragon King (coming in the reprint wave), slender man (felt a bit too forced meme-my), and the tree because it's just a tree.
>>
>>51219143
So I should just wait to buy the core game when black Friday sales happen?
>>
>>51219055
No my last post is some hours ago in this Thread.
I was arguing with a retard who kept shouting RAPE RAPE RAPE and then could not come up with some kind of proof for his claims.
>>
>>51219143
Why wouldn't Adam do a pre-order period much like he did the first time?
He could go straight to retail pricing, sure, but I don't think a pre-order is unlikely.

>>51219099
That's what I would do, but it depends on how Adam does things.
>>
>>51219143
There was a pre-order discount for the first Core game.
This is how I got mine, I think actually even sooner than some bakcers.
>>
>>51219270
I was not the guy in the /v/ thread accusing kingdom death of being rapey, I was just asking about costs of the game, release date of game, etc
That guy was obviously projecting what he wished the game was like, Kek
>>
>>51214890
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts/1727733

Last update of the original KS.
>>
>>51215531
Gorm legs and torso armor are a single gear card, so the models aren't made to mix and match with the other kits.
>>
>>51219393
>I was just asking about costs of the game, release date of game, etc
Yeah then I was the one who talked to you, too.
But the guy who responded to you in this General was someone else, so we did not post to each other across two threads.
>>
>>51218006
Only an autist would ask such a question
>>
>>51219553
>hurr durrrf muh autismsh memurrf

Fuck off retard, it's a legit art question.Go back to your stupid 40k shit.
>>
>>51219578
There goes the autistic screeching!
It's painting models, Mr. Autismo. Why do you autists have to make everything so complicated? Just do what looks good and shut the fuck up
>>
>>51219616
Show your models.
>>
>>51219627
You first, you dumb autist. Honestly, how can you not see what I mean? Your question was literally this
>i-i-i found a c-cool model b-but how does it w-work with my color w-wheel? if it d-doesn't work with my c-color wheel it d-doesn't make s-sense!
You know most painters don't have to google "color wheel" before they paint something, right?
>>
>>51219653
I have posted my models a lot of times in the wip thread, you probably don't even paint.

My question is a legit question to try to understand the way the artists think when they decide colors. I know color theory is only a guideline, not a law. Now kindly fuck off troll.
>>
File: rag-tag-cat-driving-car.jpg (28KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
rag-tag-cat-driving-car.jpg
28KB, 580x435px
>>51219653
why are you being such a spaz?
>>
>>51219676
>I have posted my models a lot of times in the wip thread
Anonymously, yes. Why not post them here, then?
>you probably don't even paint
Oh shit, you got me! I play miniature games and browse /tg/ but I've never painted a model. You sure called me out! pwned xDDD
>My question is a legit question to try to understand the way the artists think when they decide colors. I know color theory is only a guideline, not a law. Now kindly fuck off troll.
The first thing autists need to learn is not everybody is autistic, and you need to keep this in mind at all times. Not everybody needs their whole world to conform to some circle you found on google images. Most people just pick up a brush and paint what looks good in their head, or they take inspiration from some stuff they saw on here. I'm serious. I'm not "trolling", you dumb fuck, but if it makes you feel like you're normal by just ignoring somebody every time they call you out for your autism, go ahead.
>>
>>51219714
>Anonymously, yes. Why not post them here, then?
Because I asked first, and secondly YOU are the one who talks like he knows everything. Show me your mastery at model painting, bro. Surely you can paint at the level of golden demon winners to shit on color theory so much. No. No you don't. You are just another one of those "wash and drybrush" gamers who don't care a single fuck about display models and the art aspect of modelism in general.

I'll stop responding now unless you stop typing like a dick.
>>
>>51219765
And I'm going to stop responding until you show you actually do know what the fuck you're talking about instead of cherry picking shit you found on google and pretending to be smart, you pretentious autist fuck.

I bet no one in this thread or any other you've ever been in gives a single flying fuck about 'color wheels'.
>>
>>51219765
>YOU are the one who talks like he knows everything.
Uh, no? I'm just telling you you don't need a color wheel to paint models. Autist.
>You are just another one of those "wash and drybrush" gamers who don't care a single fuck about display models and the art aspect of modelism in general.
Another comment just pulled out of your ass in an autistic rant. Tell me, please, just humour me and I'll fuck off; are you actually autistic? I'm usually really good at picking them out.
>>
>>51219788
Worse, he's probably a liberal arts major who is trying to justify his shitty life decisions by showing how his degree makes him more artistic and creative than everyone else! By following strict guidelines and never deviating.
>>
>>51219788
Takes one to know one
>>
>>51219806
Holy fuck I think you're actually spot on. Anyway I'm going out to breakfast now, I'll leave schooling this faggot to you. Cheers dude
>>
>>51219812
I don't think he can be schooled any more. The absolute lack of replies to his retarded, autistic question aside from someone calling him out on being the faggot he is is point made enough.
>>
>>51219821
>>51219812
Shouldn't you be in school?
>>
>>51219812
Thanks for the update on your life man it must be really awesome being you. I wish I was friends with a huge cunt who when asked why someone strayed from fundamentals with the goal of improving immediately calls them autistic and tries to hurt their feelings.

>>51219821
there's no replies to anything real. In the last 75 posts there have been maybe 10 actual contributions that weren't new player questions, people being rude or talking about gurl gamerz and when the American workday finishes the asshat who's been pretending to be Ekoi will show up and start shitting it up again.
>>
>>51214247
Probably the old butcher mentioned in the expansion pack for custom campaign.
>>
File: cx4xc234xc234.jpg (27KB, 560x588px) Image search: [Google]
cx4xc234xc234.jpg
27KB, 560x588px
>>51209661
Can someone link me the tabletop sim file to play it?

I looked for it but nothing...
>>
>>51220350
Would help me out as well, just now downloading TTS.
>>
>>51220350
>>51220402
Neither of you deserve to be spoonfed
>>
>>51220350
>>51220402
Literally just type kingdom death into the steam workshop search bar, or "Kingdom Death Monster tabletop simulator" into google you ignorant persons.
>>
>>51220412
>>51220426
The problem maybe is that you need the Steam version to get it from the workshops.
>>
>>51220454
Not my problem that you bought an inferior version of the game.
Stop demanding to be spoonfed.
>>
I've heard the miniatures for this game can hold weapons and put on different armours, any truth to this?
>>
>>51220426
Okay honest question here:
What is the go-to version, since there are multiple?
>>
File: 1483002174285.jpg (55KB, 612x513px) Image search: [Google]
1483002174285.jpg
55KB, 612x513px
>>51220502
Implying that i bought it.
>>
>>51220520
There are modular armour kits that come with the base game, yes. You can put them together wearing different parts from the various sets.
>>
>>51220597
Neat.
I'll see about nabbing it some time soon then.
>>
>>51220315
Nah. That's a Forsaker, literally a Young Butcher.
>>
Someone has the link to the file to play it on tabletop? i cant get it from the workshop.
>>
>>51220626
They're not action figures. They're just like a Space Marine kit in that you can put different parts together.
>>
>>51220789
That's fine, as long as they're fun to make.
>>
File: guess someone has to feed you.jpg (61KB, 1536x1075px) Image search: [Google]
guess someone has to feed you.jpg
61KB, 1536x1075px
>>51220770
Fucking hell, do you want us to build you a time machine, get you a winning lottery ticket, allow you to go back in time to back the kickstarter, then jump forward to fulfillment? Should I also make your pledge for you because clicking buttons is HARD?
And THEN, because you need maximum spoonfeeding, open the boxes for you, assemble your goddamn models, fondle your balls while reading the rulebook out loud, pay some hookers to pretend to be your friends, and guide you step-by-fucking-step through the entire campaign, using dice that roll only lanterns?
By the way, a lantern in reference to a roll is a 10.
10 is the highest number you can roll on a d10.
Any other spoonfeeding you need before I grab my wrench and get started on that fucking time machine? Fuck it, nevermind, I'm just going to get started.
If you have any other needs, I'll just pop back in time and deal with them once the machine is finished.
>>
>>51220874
>>
>>51210876
Prioritize current expansions rather than ones you'll have to wait three years to get.
>>
>>51220874
You got it, now work on my time machine.
>>
Current expansions are good bets. Dragon King, Sunstalker, Gorm, DBK, FK, in that order.
>>
File: Bakas.jpg (176KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bakas.jpg
176KB, 429x600px
>>51220993
>Sunstalker before Gorm
>Sunstalker before DBK
>>
>>51220993
Sunstalker order typo. Should come after FK.
>>
File: 080.jpg (28KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
28KB, 550x633px
>>51220770
>>
No elves in KD. I will slaughter any elf I find sitting up land of faces
>>
Lion knight, Manhunter or Slenderman?
>>
>>51221072
I'm actually intrigued by the elf injection into Kingdom Death. I really like elves (play that race in all my games) and I'm hoping for more characters or even elf expansions
>>
>>51221146
I don't own those, but, hear Manhunter, LK, and Slender man in that order based on fight and what they offer. All nemesis, so, I would suggest only after you secure others from first list.
>>
>>51221146
Manhunter is fun as fuck.
>>
>>51221072
>>51221166
Calm down, it's just two promos. They are just semi-canon, if at all.
>>
Is it viable to insert manhunter and lion knight in the same campaign?
>>
>>51221313
I heard lion knight is a sillier nemesis- especially when compared to man hunter...so, if you need cheering up in your campaign?
>>
>>51221262
SIR?
>>
>>51221262
Two? The Pathfinder Rogue and... ?
>>
>>51221262
Are you an ELF?
>>
>>51221540
And Anon Tittymonster
>>
I really wanna magnetize the armor sets but the only magnets I can find readily available in the needed sizes are N45 instead of the N52 which is recommended.
Is that a big difference or would I be good to go with these?
>>
>>51221751
You need that extra grab bc magnets are so small. Keep searching.
>>
>>51220905
>>51220993
I just don't want to miss out on the Guts mini... It's tough.
>>
>>51221262
Promos and pin-ups are completely non-cannon.

Are you saying you think the super survivors are semi-cannon?
>>
File: 220px-TheTsarCannonJuly2004[1].jpg (16KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-TheTsarCannonJuly2004[1].jpg
16KB, 220x165px
>>51222088
>cannon
>>
>>51222088
>if at all
I wrote.
>>
File: IMG_20170115_180157_801.jpg (566KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170115_180157_801.jpg
566KB, 1564x1564px
Wip on Gorm
>>
>>51222134
Cool another trip code!!! Hows it goin? :D
>>
>>51222153
Just getting Gorm done so he is ready in time for future recording with Beasts of War.
>>
>>51222199
haha cool! you should put on a cutie mark like from MLP, thats what im going to do when my dad buys me this game
>>
>>51222199
Please do the thread a favor and do not respond to fake Ekoi's shitposts. He's a raging faggot who has sworn to "ruin this community" and has been shitposting for several days straight to do so. Just ignore him.
>>
>>51222235
I'm trying to compliment his paintjob!! be nice please!!
>>
>>51222235
Ah. Not been on in days since the end of the KS and family health issues. Hence the Gorm work today when I had a spare 2 hours.
>>
>>51222266
No problems man, shit happens. Hope your family gets better.

Gorm looks like a good start. Green is a good color for it, although it looks a bit pastel for my taste.
>>
>>51222199
Unf. Can't wait for it. Just curious: Can you guys not fit a 4th person for those BoW sessions?
>>
>>51222293
More than likely the lighting. Proper photo later. Classic green with purple shading gives a good necrotic look. All done using the Scale 75 unnatural flesh paint set.
>>
File: Brethren before wenches.jpg (164KB, 960x650px) Image search: [Google]
Brethren before wenches.jpg
164KB, 960x650px
>>51222346
>Scale 75
Mah nigga. I love that paint range, it's just so good.
>>
Anybody have any pics of the Messenger of Humanity painted like Guts? All the ones on google images are garbage
>>
File: IMG_20161231_012006_788.jpg (2MB, 5120x2878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161231_012006_788.jpg
2MB, 5120x2878px
>>51222318
Perhaps. It may be a squeeze and make some of the camera angles useless and someone would be sitting in the way. >>51222491
Not a Guts scheme but mine is this
>>
>>51222134
Not tabletop standard, never will be. You shouldn't come near these models unless you're a professional artist and modeller, really. Bad colour theory, your photography is terrible, you probably vote Democrat and you may have autism. Best to sell allvyour KDM stuff and move to a small hut in Cambodia.

Don't ever touch another miniature again.

t. Tabletop standards regulator
>>
>>51222546
Yeah that looks nothing like Guts, but still, thanks for sharing man, looks awesome. Best one I've seen yet.
I was thinking of remaking the Behelit base from the concept art out of greenstuff if/when I get the mini.
>>
>>51222546
Such a good mini ruined by a terrible attempt at OSL...

It's such a shame that so many people try to do OSL with Kingdom Death minis. I mean, sure, I get it, they've got lanterns. But unless you do OSL just right it just looks like shit.

All of the best painted KD:M minis I've seen do not have OSL or even fancy lighting schemes at all. All the ones I've seen with that look like crap in comparison.
>>
>>51218006
Late, but you're autistic and so am I right now.

The orange/gold and the green are the main colors.
Red isn't complimentary to that green, but using both colors adjacent to a color's compliment is another technique. I can't remember the name right now.
The artist has done this twice, using the red and purple and the blue and purple, choosing two colors where the purple overlaps.
>>
>>51222609
What is OSL?
>>
>>51222626
Probably that glow effect
>>
>>51222645
Yeah I was thinking it was (something) spectrum light or something like that?
>>
>>51222626
Object source lighting. It's a technique where the painter tries to represent the light given off by a light source on the mini onto the rest of the mini.

The main problem is that, like seen on >>51222546 it just ends up looking like the mini has pissed itself because the light is represented as a weak yellow and doesn't look even remotely accurate.
>>
>>51222657
OK thanks for explaining. I like the mini, personally the lantern reminds me of Fel energy from WoW.
>>
>>51222577
>I have no idea what tabletop standard means, so I'll just use it as a negative buzzword
>>
>>51222695
Not the guy you're responding to, but what the hell, I'll bite.

You clearly don't know what the term means if you think it applies to the shitty blobs of space marines people like you push around for fun.

If it couldn't stand on the display shelf of a skilled hobbyist (20 years minimum), it's not fit to be seen on even the basest and most poorly furnished table.

I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's just the way it is.
>>
>>51222885
agreed, i always spend at least a month painting my MLP minis
>>
>>51222615
So a double split-complementary scheme? That's interesting. I never thought about combining multiple basic schemes.
>>
Remember to filter and ignore any and all posts by the fucktard impersonating Ekoi, folks. He's got a grudge against kdmg and wants to ruin the community. His words, not mine.
>>
>>51223092
You can't filter me, idiot. I change my trip every time. Also I am the original Ekoi, I've been using this name for years on funnyjunk
>>
>>51223072
That's why you'll never paint your models to tabletop standard. By your own admission you lack the basic artistic competencies required to understand colour theory. You shouldn't handle kdm quality miniatures right now. Go and practice for 15 years at least.

One day you'll be ready. If you're lucky.
>>
>>51223092
Also you aren't ignoring me when you talk about me lol
Anyway can anybody post the MLP homebrew with the pony survivors? Been looking for ages
>>
>>51223131
no post on sundays.
>>
Don't respond to the Ekoi-ganger's bait, folks. Let it burn itself out.
>>
>>51223171
You just responded to it lol
This is what I get off on--- people trying their best to ignore me while I post probably the most creative and best content in these shitty threads. God forbid somebody come along and spice things up a bit... Also what do you guys have against ponies? anyway get back on topic and stop derailing the thread, that's what's killing this community.
Can somebody post Dead End please? Was thinking of rewriting it so it's a futa pony instead of a dumb horse monster
>>
>>51223146
Someone shat on your badly painted models, buddy? It's ok, stop crying.
>>
>>51223270
nah he's right, fuckhead
let's see your shitty models BTW, I need a good laugh since my dad mysteriously died yesterday after buying me kingdom death
>>
>>51223270
>>the only thing he can do is project his failures onto other people

If your painting is as bad as your bait, you're in a bad place. I pity you.
>>
>>51222657
When you say "weak yellow", are you referring to low pigment saturation on the model, the lack of a particular warm tint, or something else?
>>
File: Filtered Ekoi.png (30KB, 601x592px) Image search: [Google]
Filtered Ekoi.png
30KB, 601x592px
>>51223131
>You can't filter me, idiot.
Is that so.

Shit, if you do it right and care enough it can even be set up to automatically unfilter the real Ekoi.
>>
>>51223402
you have to do it manually every time though, that's not filtering you newfag, just hiding posts lmao
>>
So, for the pre-1.5 content. How would you node everything out? How many monsters can you put in each node? Trying to plan out a node-based campaign that can potentially completely replace the nemesis monsters and basic ones, etc.
>>
>>51223358
The biggest problem is that the light effect is somehow both brighter and stronger than the light source. Which is retarded.

The light source should be bright as fuck. The light effect should be significantly attenuated and only have slight discoloration. The main effect is one of brightening the surface, not discoloring the surface. But most amateur attempts of actually end up *darkening* the surface due to the discoloration, that picture being no exception.
>>
I just wanted to say that I think that you anons posting your wip here is inspiring me to work on my stuff. I think that as long as you're happy with it you've done good work but there's always room for improvement. ^_^
>>
>>51223402
yup Anon, agreed, context sensitive filtering works fine, the tripcode is irrelevant.
>>
So here's my plan, I ordered the base game with the Gambler's Chest, and assuming the pledge manager allows adding funds, here's what I'm going to get:
-Flower Knight
-Gorm
-Dragon King
-Messengers of Humanity
Then, once the Messengers pack arrives, since I only care about Guts, I'll sell the other 3 on eBay, and with that money, I'll buy another expansion on retail, probably DBK or something.
Does that sound like an okay plan or no?
>>
File: 1434574306554.png (348KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
1434574306554.png
348KB, 586x586px
>>51223737
>assuming the pledge manager allows adding funds
>>
>>51223760
Thanks! That helps a lot.
Now, anybody who isn't autistic want to respond to my post with some info?
>>
>>51223732
I think the actual reason why he keeps changing his tripcode is because he's trying to figure out the real ekoi's trip.
>>
>>51223801
Are you retarded? That would take years of changing it and it still would never happen. Why do that when you could just use the Explorer?
>>
>>51223800

Read the OP. We don't know yet whether or not you will be able to add funds in the pledge manager. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.
>>
>>51223801
At which point the real Ekoi adopts a secure tripcode (two !'s) and posts it on his Twitter and nothing changes.
>>
>>51223828
Yes, I know that. That's why I said "assuming" it does. I'm just wondering that, if Poots decides to allow it, if adding what I mentioned is a solid decision or if there are better choices to be made.
>>
>No kickstarter update in over a week
He fucking ran with the money didnt he
>>
>>51223829
Yeah that too. I think he's just retarded and/or new
>>
>>51223865

Poots is busy playing pretty boys in cars, give him some time. Don't expect regular updates, because you won't get them.
>>
>>51223737
>>51223850
My two suggestions are:

Consider the Sunstalker over the Dragon King. It's a much better quarry, but a slightly less dynamic campaign.

and

Consider switching the Flower Knight for a nemesis expansion. The Flower Knight has a lot of design issues and the entirety of the love it gets is because it makes the game unilaterally easier and people are babies.
>>
>>51223915
Could you quickly summarize what's bad about the FK? In newbie-speak?
>>
>>51223965
Nice sword, skills to use it, and you need him for the Sparrow King along with the giant spidder.
>>
>>51223965

The main issue with the flower knight is in the balance of his difficulty vs the reward he gives you. He's not an incredible challenge once you figure out his strategy, but the gear you can make from him ranges from either nigh useless to must build incredible, all of this available from the level 1 FK. It overall means he makes the game easier if you include him, generally, and aren't dumb with how you spend his resources. Not necessarily a bad thing, but some people have problems with it.

This review covers it in s more in depth, spoilery way.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1693804/every-rose-has-its-thorn-comprehensive-review-flow
>>
Okay /kdg/, I want to see your mediocre, amateur paint jobs. Show me what you got!
>>
>>51223915
>Sunstalker over the Dragon King
That's the first time I've heard that one.
>>
File: #10 Theron Finished.jpg (2MB, 1952x2392px) Image search: [Google]
#10 Theron Finished.jpg
2MB, 1952x2392px
>>51225105
>tfw satanpleb
>tfw no KD:M minis yet
I guess I'll post a non KD:M mini.
>>
>>51225160
The Dragon King is a pretty mediocre quarry. It's cool, but nowhere near as good in a regular campaign as the Sunstalker.

It comes down to what your preference is -- a great quarry with a good campaign, or a good quarry with a great campaign.
>>
>>51225160

I think most people prefer the Dragon King because it's a very strong alternate campaign with its own unique nemesis as opposed to the Sunstalker campaign, which is still good, but on par with the base campaign. It also IMO has the better model, but that's really a personal taste thing.

If you go outside the alternate campaigns though, the cycloid armor set and other Sunstalker gear is bananas, whereas the Dragon Knight armor is pretty average, and the gear other than the nuclear stuff is pretty ho-hum.
>>
>>51224337
Would be hilarious if someone's settlement's population griws ridiculously low, grows some trollfaced survivors, and eventually, gets completely replaced by said flower people.
>>
>>51225261

I could see there being a hunt event like that in the Abyssal Woods. Your survivors find a settlement of people who all have the same, unsettling face, but they're perfectly normal otherwise. Gain +2 insanity.
>>
>>51215396
Got this in a higher resolution?
>>
>>51225773
No, unfortunately i don't have access to the original files just what Poots had posted in updates. Most of those images were actually scaled up just to get them all to approximately the same scale. The originals were all over the place in size, ranging from 500 pixels tall to 1200; I normalized it to 1000.
>>
I don't know anything about the rules or method of play for KDM. Can anyone give a jist of it? It kind of sounds like it's draw based, with a lot of automation, less DMing?

Literally just heard about it.
>>
>>51226118
Go watch the Beasts of War playthrough on youtube. Nothing's going to teach you better than watching it done.
>>
>>51225860
Shame - KDs artstyle has been a source of inspiration for a bunch of RPG stuff I've been doing, would have been nice to get some more material. Thanks though
>>
>>51225105
Patience is a virtue
>>
Me and my friends are running a people of the Lantern campaign with core only, before we start busting out all the expansions. What kind of armor sets do you guys, game play wise?
It's lantern year 8, we've got two full sets rawhide, another half set of rawhide, and half a set of white lion. We just hunted our first Phoenix.

The rawhide set bonus is just so good, it makes me want to kit everyone out with it, but I assume the relative small amount of armor will start to catch up to us. The white lion indivdual pieces are cool, but the set bonus is meh, only because we don't have a katar specialist. ( Great weapon, bow, spear, and axe right now.))
>>
>>51226334
just wing it and don't be a metagaming faggot
>>
>>51226334

It's less that the armor becomes too weak than it is that the set bonus becomes less useful once you're kicking around 8-9 survival per hunt. But like >>51226398
said, just read the card and build what looks good.
>>
>>51226118
It's automated in such a way that it feels like there's an extra player who is the DM, and each turn they're having one of the players read aloud for them and roll their dice.
People who have never DM'd before will feel like they're proficient at it, and most people who have will be impressed at how they get to feel like they're the DM and play at the same time.
>>
What kind of tactics do you guys use when scrapping with the Phoenix? Do you focus on flushing the age tokens as often as possible, or do you play balls to the walls with it?
>>
>>51226742
What have you been trying so far?
>>
>>51226968
We have not really had to interact with it much. Our first phoenix, we hit that hunt event that let us stack the first seven cards of it's AI deck. Then we got a lucky early crit in the second round, knocked it down, then rolled real lucky and burned through him in one round. One survivor got plus 4 hunt xp out of it tho, and everyone has been too spooked to take a crack at another one again.
>>
>>51226742
I have a feeling that my tactics will change now that I can appreciate the beauty of Dash. But generally, always keep big bird surrounded on its cardinal points so you don't get blown away. It's a good fight for leveling up lowbies. Pop spiral age any way you can once everyone has two to three tokens (if you're aiming to level people up) and hope you get that deathblow.
>>
Rules question:
If you eat fresh acanthus, it says you fully heal one location, including armor. Does that include armor that is not from equipment?

For example, if you are wearing a rawhide headband, and you endeavor at the shrine before you leave, so you have 2 armor on your dome at the start of the showdown. You get whacked on the dome, loose all your armor, and then eat the acanthus, do you go to 1 armor or 2?
>>
>>51223457
>>51223457
>Node 1
White Lion, Gorm
>Node 2
Screaming Antelope, Spidicules
>Node 3
Phoenix, Sunstalker, Dragon King
>Node 4
Lion God, Dung Beetle Knight
>Node 5
None, since it's for post-Watcher quarries, which currently isn't possible.
>>
>>51227140
That makes sense, and dash really did help during the fight. Being able to juke the razer wind really takes the sting out of his basic attacks.
>>
>>51227178
Honestly, no clue. It's vague enough that it could be either way.

I added it to the rules FAQ / clarification file which was created dring the KS with Poots' blessing and attention to try and clean up the core rulebook. Seems like a meaningful question for there.
>>
>>51227234
You forgot the Flower Knight, which is expected to be Node 2.
>>
>>51227234
Hmm.
Node 1: WL and Gorn.
Node 2: Screaming Antelope.
Node 3: Sunstalker
Node 4: DBK
Nemesis Nodes: Manhunter, Lion Knight, The Hand.

Wonder how doable that is. Manhunter replaces Butcher, LK replaces King's Man.
>>
>>51227324
... Aand add Flower Knight to Node 2 if allowed alongside the Antelope.
>>
>>51227324
>>51227344
I strongly recommend against replacing core game quarries unless you are ready to seriously heavy amounts of houseruling to keep the copious amounts of core game recipes still craftable.
>>
>>51227382

Counterpoint, I recommend replacing core game quarries and going without the core game recipes that are dependent on their resources to make a different, and interesting, challenge. You can still make the core neutral armors and weapons for the most part, at least all the ones that would matter.
>>
>>51227433
If you're fine with 2/3rds of the items in the core set not being craftable then go on ahead. It'll be a fucking mess, though.
>>
>>51227458

For the most part, those 2/3 items get replaced with something comparable by the monster new monster. I feel like a lot of people overlook that when they complain about things like Spidicules replacing the antelope.
>>
>>51214817
Wow, never realized that. Looks like Poots got inspired by that gaping asshole meme. The exposed ribs have fingernails...
The neck now looks like a thick dick shaft now
>>
>>51227433
I'm balls-deep in a solo campaign where I've completely ignored the Phoenix. You're not really missing out on anything important. I'd argue the Antelope is something you should never replace without some sort of replacement at the Barber Surgeon. It's ridiculous how much that locale needs the Antelope.

I don't think you even need Phoenix mats at the Blacksmith. The weapon crafter, yes, but it's not like the God Finger is necessary compared to the Spear of Longinus and the Sky Harpoon.
>>
>>51227628
>neck now looks like a thick dick shaft
Ignoring the asshole part, it always looked like a giant dick.
>>
>>51227626
>I feel like a lot of people overlook that when they complain about things like Spidicules replacing the antelope.
The problem with Spidicules is that the gear it lets you build is unilaterally shit. The weapons it offers are worse than White Lion weapons, the armor is absurdly expensive and requires fighting a L3 Spidicules to complete and isn't nearly as good as what it replaces, and the various assorted items it offers are just shit.

There's a couple of exceptions which are worth building, but most of it just is not. And to get access to this junk you have to give up access to some of the more build critical items in the core game. Not a good trade at all.
>>
Wonder if Poots will ever make some sort of vampirism mechanic or maybe some way to make a survivor immortal (age-wise, not unkillable), would be cool for if you had a favorite survivor.
>>
>>51227680

The items are the barber surgeon are... Good. Really good. I'm not going to deny that. I don't think they are completely necessary for beating the game though, and especially with the change in 1.5, I sort of consider the barber surgeon to be just an extension of the antelope building location. Like Stone Circle +.

The only thing replacing all the core game monsters with equivalent node expansion node monsters does really is fuck up cooking, an innovation no one really gets since the returns are not worth the investment. Even then, it's not a hard, it's not hard to substitute resource X for comparable resource Y from the replacement monster.
>>
>>51227771
There are a couple of ways to do this already, the age ring, the ageless event possibility, some slenderman items.
>>
>>51227771
>if you had a favorite survivor
So you can mourn even harder when they finally kick the bucket?
Necromancer from Lion God expansion is kinda like that.
>>
>>51227734

I see what you're saying, but think for a minute. The weapons from the antelope aren't exactly great weapons either, barring perhaps Beast Knuckles. Meanwhile, Screaming visage is one of the best shields in the game, the amber edge is a solid weapon for your F&T Survior to use, and the amber Poleaxe has a really neat build with it involving Cycloid Armor.

No one is really clamoring to build Screaming Armor outside of a PotS game. I think Silk Armor is on par with it.
>>
>>51227808
Oh interesting, thanks for the info.
>>51227809
>So you can mourn even harder when they finally kick the bucket?
Yeah good point, but I have a feeling I'll get very attached to some survivors and I don't want them turning into old faggots on me.
>>
>>51226742
Try to arrange your survivors on each side of the Phoenix with each survivor being adjacent to it and in the middle spot for that side. Ways to generate insanity are solid. Keep in mind that, if you attack while you have age tokens, there's a good chance all of your wounds for that attack will be reset. Save survival primarily for Dash, at least until you've got Phoenix on farm status. As with most monsters, high luck is really useful against the Phoenix, so stacking it can be great. Never bring a complete newbie on a Phoenix hunt. Just don't.
>>
File: worry.gif (72KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
worry.gif
72KB, 450x600px
>>51227934
>I have a feeling I'll get very attached to some survivors
>>
Someone tell me if I am loosing my mind. I was overseas for awhile, and just cracked open my core game from the first kickstarter. We started playing, and got to making some monster grease. We wanted to crank out 4, but I could only find 3 in the box. Then I noticed most things came in sets of 3 instead of 4. Do I have a misprint, or do we really have to do some proxying?
>>
>>51228031
Your experience is correct. There are 3 copies of every item, except that Katars (usually) have 4 copies probably due to having Paired as a rule.

You are not limited by the copies of a piece of equipment in the box, however (except for Unique items, of course). Just use an upside down starting stone / cloth / whatever else to signify the fourth monster grease.
>>
File: the fury.jpg (543KB, 987x1717px) Image search: [Google]
the fury.jpg
543KB, 987x1717px
big bosses coming thru
>>
>>51223457
One monster per node is recommended, though if you skip 1 node and have 2 in another it should work fine. Basically, don't have more than 5 monsters, and no more than 3 of them should be across nodes 1 and 2. That seems to be the most balanced approach.
>>
File: the sorrow.jpg (76KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
the sorrow.jpg
76KB, 736x951px
>>51228134
>>
>>51228134
Are you looking forward to his PVC version of the Storm Knight mini in the upcoming Kingdom Death: Labyrinth game?
>>
File: the fear.jpg (80KB, 529x719px) Image search: [Google]
the fear.jpg
80KB, 529x719px
>>51228157
>>
>>51228157
goddamn lion knight bitches make me mad. I would be down if they just wanted to trade and shit between battles, but you should be allowed to execute them if they kill one of your survivors after the showdown.
>>
File: the end.jpg (257KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the end.jpg
257KB, 1200x1600px
>>51228169
>>
File: the joy.jpg (423KB, 1502x2003px) Image search: [Google]
the joy.jpg
423KB, 1502x2003px
>>51228193
>>
>>51228193

Why is it... peeing....
>>
File: the pain.jpg (141KB, 700x573px) Image search: [Google]
the pain.jpg
141KB, 700x573px
>>51228204
>>
File: some other guy.jpg (429KB, 1067x713px) Image search: [Google]
some other guy.jpg
429KB, 1067x713px
>>51228258
>>
File: 1478671266519.png (773KB, 548x644px) Image search: [Google]
1478671266519.png
773KB, 548x644px
>>51228134
>>51228169
>>51228204
>>51228258
>>51228282
>bases that aren't stone faces
>>
>>51228140
And then you realize that the Green Knight Armor needs something from almost all of the original expensions!
>>
File: Gatts!.jpg (272KB, 1229x1088px) Image search: [Google]
Gatts!.jpg
272KB, 1229x1088px
>>51228134
>>51228157
>>51228169
>>51228193
>>51228204
>>51228258
>>51228282
They will all be put to rest from their battlefields soon
>>
File: professional job.jpg (117KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
professional job.jpg
117KB, 400x533px
Finished product
>>
>>51228451
I sell pro-paint, and pro-paint accessories.
>>
One build I like that gives you a super tanky dude:
Screaming armor set
Monster grease
The special Lantern from the Manhunter (or something else with an upwards-facing green affinity), a Beacon shield, and the Spear of Longinus. Tanky as fuck and killy. There's bandages in there but they may not be necessary. There's enough green affinities for the grease to go off.
>>
>>51228451

Honestly, what bothers me most about this is that the little men look entirely like they were done as an afterthought.
>>
File: Recently Updated3.jpg (3MB, 5120x5120px) Image search: [Google]
Recently Updated3.jpg
3MB, 5120x5120px
More WIP on Gorm. Just his hands to tidy up and details here and there.
>>
How do you all feel about the cat gut bow? I like playing as the archer, but the arrows take up so much space! This is just a core:basic game, so no quivers or vespertine.
>>
>>51228603
But, there are only two arrows in the core game? And one is made from phoenix parts and is late game?

I am thinking that you're misunderstanding how the rules for bows work.
>>
>>51228603
I'm pretty sure you can just keep firing. The arrows themselves are special arrows and not ones included with the bow that you use for your regular attacks.
>>
>>51228134
>the fury
>>51228157
>the furry
>>
>>51228180
They're probably significantly powerful. Monster level themselves. AND Considering the Lion Knight himself never fights in "serious mode" and even fakes his death, as it's all implied to be part of the show actually attempting to take the life of one of his (probably) precious retinue might be a VERY BAD IDEA grade idea.
>>
>>51228422
Which is still perfectly playable as stated.

>Node 1
Gorm
>Node 2
Spidicules
>Node 4
DBK
>Nemesis Node 1
Manhunter
>No Node
Lion Knight

That's all it requires. It fits perfectly into what was said.
>>
>>51229429
>still forgetting flower knight
I know it's forgettable but come on man...
>>
Here's the finalized version 1 of my honeycomb weaver inspired expansion. Updated all the visual bits, added some culled illustrations, and changed a few minor mechanical things. I'll move on to playing a test campaign now and regale you folks with the stories of how absolutely broken this variant ends up being. Should be fun.
>>
>>51229429
>Node 2
Spidicules, Flower Knight
>Node 3
Sunstalker, Dragon King, maybe even DBK
>Node 4
DBK if not at 3, Lion God
>Nemesis 1
Manhunter, though he doesn't replace butcher so...
>Nemesis 2, probably
Slenderman
>Who Knows
Lion Knight. If manhunter can get a node so can he. Nemesis 3?
>>
>>51230010
now you forgot node 1 idiot
>>
File: pheonix.jpg (276KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pheonix.jpg
276KB, 900x1200px
>>51225105
Just finished :/
>>
File: 20170115_220348.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170115_220348.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>51225105
Here's three of mine. The others look even worse.
>>
>>51230385
To be fair, everything is worse in Australia.
>>
>>51230010
>No Gorm
>Add in Sunstalker, Dragon King, and Slenderman
You've never seen the green knight armors recipes, have you?
>>
Is it possible to innovate 2x a settlement phase if you have the materials?
>>
>>51230468
No. The Lantern Hoard location describes how you innovate.
>>
>>51230476
Thanks. Missed it.
>>
>>51230445
No... I was trying to correct the node list to include "everything" (not altering node 1 because that's gorm and gorm) missing what the other anon's list was for because I'm fucking retarded.
>>
What tabletop system would you use to run a game in Kingdom Death? I was thinking of Dungeon Crawl Classics. Reign might be good as well for the whole settlement building.
>>
>>51230779
Modified Warhammer Fantasy, perhaps?
>>
>>51230866

Oh yeah, absolutely. That's a good one. I'd love to find a way to shoe-horn in Burning Wheel but it just doesn't make sense with the focus on personal drama and how long it takes to roll up a character.
>>
>>51223868
If Ekoi didn't take a faggalicous sjw fetish listed often in/d/ and /h/, slap it on a fuckin elf and had everyone praise it for its faggotry, I'd feel bad. But I don't, not in the least. I wonder how big his actual MLP collection is.
>>
File: Angry Sad.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Sad.png
7KB, 205x246px
>>51209796
>Friend introduces the game to me over table top
>Love it enough to buy the thing
>Missed the kickstarter by a fucking day
>>
File: PicsArt_12-22-10.18.31.jpg (49KB, 473x480px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_12-22-10.18.31.jpg
49KB, 473x480px
>>51225105
>>
>>51231196
Hahaha probably fuckin huge
I wonder how many loads he took from Poots just to get his stupid sonic OC shit in the game
>>
>>51231480

You sound jealous.
>>
>>51231196
>>51231551
Please do the thread a favor and do not respond to the fake Ekoi's shitposting.
>>
>>51231579

You're right, my bad. Sorry.
>>
>>51231579
Hahaha
>>51231551
I don't make OCs, personally I would rather Poots just carry on with his own vision instead of indulging shitty fan OCs
>>
>>51231642
Also that was the most spineless thing I've seen on this board so far holy shit dude, get a grip lmao
>>
File: FB_IMG_1479334617801.jpg (28KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479334617801.jpg
28KB, 500x471px
>>51231579
He could've gone mock Guy Fawkes-Ezio assassin or female mock up of, but no, he had to take a dump and go for the futa-tranny elf-bait gunk.
Not only the MLP collection but I doest wonder the collection of High Elf-Eldar he doth have. Does he play moon elves in every fucking game? Is he a fan of Transgendered Kiasyd? Anon, I say, for now
>>
>>51231232
I know these feels.
>>
>>51231692

This coming from someone literally pretending to be someone he has never met and will never meet on an anonymous Persian rug trading message board.
>>
>>51231232
How'd you miss it?
>>
>>51231785
Are you implying I'm pretending to be the faggot that made that elf OC?
>>
>>51228282
is that a Kingdom Death miniature? Pretty generic for them
>>
>>51231809
OC?
>>
>>51231832
Go be new somewhere else
>>
>>51228134
>>51228157
>>51228169
>>51228193
>>51228204
>>51228258

Based on your filenames, who would Big Boss be? and Ocelot?
>>
>>51231829
No rules, like the preachers, game hunters, and other city miniatures also way more generic
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.