[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/kdm/kdg/kdmg/ Kingdom Death General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 53

File: redwitchblade.jpg (67KB, 638x571px) Image search: [Google]
redwitchblade.jpg
67KB, 638x571px
Red Witches vs. Fade Edition

FAQ
>What is it?
Kingdom Death is a board game where you kill monsters to make cool new hats.
>Where can I buy it?
Nowhere. You just missed the kickstarter, and the webstore wont be getting any more stock while the update is in production. Should restock on Black Friday. If you want to play it, check eBay for the old version, or play over Tabletop Simulator.
>When does it deliver?
Core game will likely be this year, mid-late fall. Current Expansions will ship soon after, followed by Gamblers Chest and Promos next year, then Expansions shipping in two or three waves between then and 2020.
>Can I add to my pledge in the Pledge Manager?
Nobody knows. Anybody who claims otherwise is lying.
>WTF is this Ekoi shit?
Ekoi is an anon who got his OC made into the Anonymous Survivor promo and a direct line to Poots. He namefagged for a bit then some faggot and everybody else decided to be Ekoi too. Real one is !JPiuy1x7.k ignore or report all others.

>Threadly Question
What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?
>>
>>51175027
>What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?
For current nemeses, I haven't played expansions but in the core game I have a love and hate relationship with the King's Man. Fuck that guy so much. Go be a tin soldier somewhere else. Feels so good to finally beat that fucking shitstain asshole.

For new ones, I'm looking forward to the Red Witches the most. They've got real potential.
>>
How high should survival limits be around LY10? My current campaign has 4 and it feels really low when not using rawhide.
>>
>>51175117
Thats low, you should be innovating every year almost, prioritizing survival limit and survival actions, especially early.
>>
>>51175027

Solid OP, thanks.
>>
>>51175117
I feel comfortable at around 6 survival limit. More is always better but past 6 it gets hard to build up the survival-on-departure to use it.
>>
>>51175027
Best current nemesis... That's a tough one. I'd have to say it's your mother's disgusting, hairy, turd-smeared asshole every night when I wrangle her down and fuck her.
>>
>>51175138
>>51175169
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
Does anyone have the pictures of the gear cards that come with the expansions? Specifically the Lion God?
>>
>>51175224
This is who I am... Deal with it!!
>>
>>51175247
but ekoi-san, I thought you were in thick with poots? wouldn't you know where to get that easily?
>>
>>51175293
We had a falling out once I leaked the info that the pledge manager wouldn't allow adding funds. He hijacked my Twitter account, too.
>>
>>51175224
>>51175293
Don't respond to him. The fewer people who interact with him the more of an ass he looks like for spamming the thread.
>>
>>51175224
>>51175293

Stop feeding him.
>>
>>51175027
>What's the best current nemesis and what's the most promising new nemesis?

Current best... gonna have to pick a fight and go with Lion Knight. At 2+ that's a hilariously awesome battle. It's sad you get so few opportunities to go at it.

Upcoming, Red Witches... multi-monster-melee was one of those things we thought Poots didn't have the tech for, so it's either going to be really sour or really amazing, and fights thusfar haven't been really sour. Lion 1 is meh, everything else has its charm points.
>>
/kdm/ what do you think the Golden Entity would look like if there was a mini of it.
Seeing as the 'Goblin' has a mini.
>>
>>51175359
The Chosen are supposedly made in the image of the Golden Entity.
>>
>>51175315
>>51175320
fine, kill my fun. ^_^

on a more serious note, what is the one thing you look forward to most in the coming years?

for me its the pondslut. I'm sorry
>>
>>51175359
Explicitly, Golden Entity is bodiless, but the Chosen is supposedly reflective of its self-image so presumably it would be based on that? Probably a good deal more alien, like a six-winged seraph version of the Chosen.
>>
>>51175359
Golden dragon
>>
>tfw no KD ERP partner
>>
>>51175382
Well, for most of the campaign it was either Screaming God Pinup for inordinate stuff-to-desire ratio (it's just a pinup but SO HYPE) or the Gambler's Chest, but I'm going to have to go with Abyssal Woods.
>>
>>51175382

Probably receiving the core game this year. Reprint Kickstarter plebian, I only got into /tg/ after the first Kickstarter had funded. Frankly, given Poots' inexperience at the time of running a crowdfunding project with that level of funding, I think had I even known about it I would have been hesitant to back it. In for a Satan Lantern + the 4 crossovers this time round, and feeling a lot more comfortable that Poots won't fuck it up.
>>
>>51175414
I'd be up for lewds and romance but no monster fuckin'
>>
>>51175382
>on a more serious note, what is the one thing you look forward to most in the coming years?
I can't wait to see that Gambler's Chest in it's full glory. All those advanced rules, all those small but incremental improvements, and then a ten pound brick of plastic. Mm-mm good.
>>
>>51175430
I can't decide between the screaming god and dragon goblin. maybe I should just cave in and get both and drop the gold smoke knight, even though she's got a bow. The suspense of it all is killing me.
>>
>>51175027
Previous thread >>51158490

>>51175484
GC is pretty damn hype.
>>
File: 1428830820143.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1428830820143.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>mfw Ringtail Fox is at least 5 years away.
>mfw it will have more content than Yellowstone national park.
>mfw $400+ expansion.
>mfw Poots already confirmed it's basically a new Core and bigger than Woods.
>Woods has 20~ minis + a 135mm
>Core has 40~ minis + a 100mm
Ringtail Fox confirmed 100mm?
>>
>>51175484
so many small new things. philosophis and hybrid armors are my most exciting part.

Fucking imitation butcher dude. WE CAN PRETEND TO BE FUCKIGN BUTCHERS
>>
>>51175414
Tell me more anon, I might be interested. It will be better than having to reject purple whores on F-list.
>>
>>51175538
Hey, you never know what will happen. If we can't bump though I'd take Screaming Goddess and GSK -- Dragon Goblin pinup is the least likely to have its charm translate well to Plastic while we can already see a master for Screaming and GSK is in easier to translate stuff than an expression. Contrast the Villain role with the Villain role survivor.
>>
>>51175582
calling it now
ringtail fox is just a naruto reskin of the game for turbo weaboos
>>
>>51175582
Could be 135mm. Not likely to be a 50mm but then the Watcher was. Seems a bit early to speculate on that though. dat hype that KDM isn't done with KS2 though
>>
>>51175597
Don't really have anything setup yet, thought about making a KD character on f-list but doubted the level of interest it would get. Though I also play straight blues so I'm already playing on hard mode trying to find people
>>
File: WHEN.jpg (134KB, 700x594px) Image search: [Google]
WHEN.jpg
134KB, 700x594px
>>51175662
>Seems a bit early to speculate on that though.
Don't you dare try and curb my autistic hype for foxy settlement.
A 135 would be crazy though.

>>51175613
More like some weird kitsune stuff.
>>
>last thread was practically unusable
jesus, what happened in the 3 days since I left the site? this general is falling apart
>>
>>51175872
Hype is over, we're in the smoldering period where we wait for news, confirmations, pledge manager and inevitable disappointment.
>>
i bought the wet nurse pinup for dem tiddies without the core game or any expansions. Does regular Wet Nurse come in the core? can't find the expansion
>>
>>51175929
Wet Nurse is not game content.
>>
>>51175929
The wet nurse will never be part of Monster, this is one thing Poots has said multiple times.

It's not a combative monster, it just sits about and feeds human babies while brainwashing them.
>>
>>51175872
It's not unexpected.

There's relatively few people who actually own the full game and xpacs, I would guess there's around a dozen of us maybe 2 at the tops. So a lot of people are just waiting and reading.

A lot of people who post here also mainly play on TTS. So there's not a ton of hobby discussion there in terms of painting and what not.

Last of all unless we're discussing fluff or game antics there's no new reveals or info so the info dump anons go back into hibernation.
>>
>>51175990
Ayla?
>>
>>51175990
yeah honestly I'm surprised these things are still going all the way to autosage, even with shitposting.
>>
>>51176018
Yup.

Messenger of the First Story in KDverse.

>>51176026
Same.
I'm doing my part to keep it active though. I get about 30+ you's per thread.
>>
>>51175990
Is there a reason Kingdom Death has art for straight up Ayla?
>>
>>51176018
technically "Messenger of the First Story" but all the messengers are homages, so yeah it's Ayla. There's also Guts, Kamina, and Rule63!Link
>>
>>51175990
Slowly working on both my own homebrew expansion as well as my own unrelated tabletop game, but not quick enough progress on either to really discuss much on it.

>>51176018
Yeah, that's her.

Give dactle.
>>
>>51176141
>homebrew expansion
What's the theme for it?
>>
>>51176076
Because Poots like Video Games and Chrono Trigger is OG?

>Art
Also a model my dude. And she looks pretty sweet.
Also for some reason when I use her as my character I do insanely well.

>>51176141
Nice, keep at it my dude.
>>
>>51175958
how is it not? it comes with gear...at least the pinup version does.

>>51175986
so basically i can use it as a sexy survivor if i want? and that's about it?
>>
>>51176245
Pretty much.

Add the breast pump to your game however you want to.
>>
>>
>>
>>51176158
"Gemini" was the main theme, the big bad hunt being called the Gemini Fiend, who split the wandering Foreigner into two people. The mechanics include the Aster Platinum resource, generally gained by trading rare and cursed gear for, which is then crafted into rare weapons. For cursed gear, the survivor rolls a d10, and the low result is gaining a disorder called Unfamiliar Loneliness (If you are not adjacent to another survivor at the start of your act, lose your Activation this turn. Cure if you have cursed gear)

(This includes kingsman armor parts, and it's just considered the survivor being healed while the cursed metal is pulled off.)

All early draft stuff, currently in the "jot shit in my notebook when I'm on break" phase.
>>
>>51176378
>star puratinum
>>
>>51176407
Less-than-subtle anime references is core to Kingdom Death lore design.
>>
>>51176304
>tfw real life lactation fetish

sounds good thanks
>>
>>51176554
>lactation
i really like sucking on tits, but I would be a bit grossed out desu
>>
anyone have that Poots quote regarding the Ringtail fox being nearly the size of the core game?
>>
File: 1481854220969.jpg (111KB, 639x452px) Image search: [Google]
1481854220969.jpg
111KB, 639x452px
I remember way back an anon was developing some monster rape homebrew.

Not too interested in that, but if I recall, that same anon posted some resources people could use to make their own homebrew.

Can anyone repost that stuff?
>>
>>51176658
>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!
>>
File: 1480417360724.jpg (276KB, 1240x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1480417360724.jpg
276KB, 1240x1754px
>>51176659
>Not too interested in that

Oh please, anon. Don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>51176648
Bruh if you aren't milking dem titties like a fucking cow teet you're doing it WRONG.

>>51176658
>@Ringtailfox Fans, I jokingly promised Anna that I wouldn't put up the Ringtail Fox Set, unless we hit $13M. Don't worry, I am super excited to create it. It just won't be part of this Kickstarter Campaign. It's scope got so big, It would end up being its own core game!
>>
>>51176702

thanks my dude
>>
File: squids get punished.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
squids get punished.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
>>51176659
>you will never have an otaku witch gf who rides your face everyday when you come home from a day of breadwinning
that hurts me a bit
>>
>>51176648
its the natural progression of that

>>51176724
true patrician detected
>>
>>51176659
>way back
I only posted it a couple of weeks ago anon.

Anyway here are the .psd files of the expansion itself :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/f2z50rbezocninj/Dead_End_-_psd.zip

And the templates I used for it :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s77iif8jtcjyvb4/Template+Pack+Updated+December+25.rar
>>
>>
File: 1481125306330.jpg (13KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
1481125306330.jpg
13KB, 236x324px
>>51176921
Thanks very much anon, and nice work :)
>>
File: 1434162236529.png (87KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434162236529.png
87KB, 250x250px
>>
File: Kingdom Death x Pathfinder.png (4MB, 2528x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Death x Pathfinder.png
4MB, 2528x1003px
So, this game caught my attention because of pic related.

Is there any grand lore archive I can read to figure out what the hell I'm looking at with this, ore do I basically just ask you guys to explain it to me? i know the basics (man woke in the darkness, lions, mixture of MonHun and Dark Souls gameplay, that sort of thing) but i'm looking for more details.
>>
>>51178316
No archive, but those are all Pathfinder dudes anyways
>>
>>51178371
Yes, I'm aware - I play a lot of pathfinder. the crossover caught my eye and now I'm interested in Kingdom Death.
>>
>>51178316
Running through the Kingdom Death store page and reading the blurbs for the minis can help, though there are old soldout minis no longer on the store. Don't know if there's a resource for the old blurbs (shame if there isn't). You can also read through the expansion books if you grab the pdfs.

It's better just to play the game (say, on Tabletop Simulator), though, and experience its background as a part of its emergent narrative.
>>
>>51178440
Alright, thanks for the advice. I hope someone makes a compiled lore wiki at some point or something.
>>
>>51178424
please return to /pfg/ before your kitsune/lewd posting infects us
>>
>>51178316
>Is there any grand lore archive
Not really but a few sites have portions up in (in my opinion) poor fashion.

The store used to be a good repository of lore but it got purged.

>More details.
Well, as far as we know scrappy, primitive people inhabit a stone plain of faces. This plain is part of a larger area of unknown proportions called the Holy Lands. The Holy Lands also encompasses several other regions or what have you. Particularly the Abyssal Woods which is one of the few places where relatively normal trees actually grow.
Another is the lands of the Great Game Hunters. Who are humans that have elevated themselves above the people of the Plains and have built an actual city. Though it is said their city is truly ruled over by a monstrous unseen royalty. Their great machines are powered by those fallen from favour of the great houses "enslaved in human gears" or some such.

There's various minor gods and entities that rule their domains or roam the lands. The most powerful of which is the Goblin who is the singular most powerful Name in KD (Name magic and sagas are super powerful in Kingdom Death) but there's tons of minor figures.

Ask away I guess.
>>
>>51178424
>>51178316
Vibrant Lantern has some lore but it's not comprehensive. There used to be an archive but it's dead and burried now cause it was using a lot of links fromt he OG kickstarter. The lore is found on the store (there's history blurbs about each product listing), in the story events of the game book, creature/world info on the settlement event cards, and game cards (AI, HL, FA, etc) give insight into their respective creature/survivor/settlement behaviors and shit. The histories and shit are supposed to be slowly unraveled and put together by the players as they play and are introduced to concepts, creatures, events as well as the extra product releases.
>>
>>51178489
>>51178509
Thanks guys, that gives me some good starting points.
>>
>>51178489
So is the Abyssal Woods where we go to to hunt Spidicules and Flower Knight?
>>
>>51176085
How did I not see this?!
>>
Getting started on TTS. I would like to ask a couple questions about the game, I don't mind a couple low impact spoilers.

1. What are the materials for a counterweight axe?

2. How do I begin making metal armor?

3. Is basic leather and rawhide more forgiving than metal?

4. Are we supposed to be able to add in Gorm and keep White Lion, but NOT include Spidicules and keep Screaming Antelope?

Thanks for any help!
>>
>>51178489
What makes a Twilight Sword different from a metal sword?
>>
File: handy.jpg (201KB, 639x996px) Image search: [Google]
handy.jpg
201KB, 639x996px
>>51178649
Yes.

>>51178842
Twilight Swords are all artifacts that are left from the destruction of the TK library. Various relics from the TK library make people crazy, which is probably why they abandon your settlements.
In order to control the items properly the TK needs a Archivist sidekick to manage his dreams and stuff. Since most of them were killed when the library got burnt there's a bunch of crazy ass knights rolling around.
>>
>>51178807
Common sense is the answer to all of your questions

youre welcome
>>
File: IMG_1005.jpg (52KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1005.jpg
52KB, 600x791px
>>51178469
Speak not of the furred devil, lest he appear to take his due
>>
>>51179064
Normal Twilight Knights aren't necessarily out of control. The sword/hood instills within them inscrutable motives, making them wander off to face whatever nightmares await. Relic knights are the one who have lost control, and deserters are the ones who weren't man enough to be knights in the first place.
>>
>>51175247
Fuck you asswipe.
>>
>>51175313
Good. Piece of shit like you has no lace designing rules.
>>
>>51179190
>>51179172
>not reading the OP
You're being rused.
>>
>>51178316
isnt pathfinder just a d&D ?
how come these 4 characters are a thing? i thought you made your own characters.
>>
>>51179350
Standardized play. Kind of like how D&D had Dragonlance or Grayhawk with named characters
>>
>>51179350
Well, Pathfinder started out as a DnD 3.5 ripoff that gradually evolved into something completely different.

These four characters (in order, Seoni the Sorceress, Kyra the Cleric, Valeros the Fighter, and Merisiel the rogue) are "iconic" characters for their Pathfinder classes, and are going to be part of a crossover with KD. Yeah, you make your own characters for KD, but you'll have the option of utilizing these four as part of an expansion pack, including age awakenings for their specific classes which is actually a really neat idea.
>>
>>51179350

Those 4 characters are the iconic folks who are the 'face' of the classes. In the same way that Ezra and team are the iconic survivors of KD and kind of stand in for all survivors, the 4 characters in the PF box are the iconic members of their class within the game.
>>
>>51179350
Merchandising.

Come, take a look! We put the game's name on everything.
Pathfinder the t-shirt. Pathfinder the coloring book. Pathfinder the lunch box. Pathfinder the breakfast cereal. Pathfinder the rod of wonder! *bzzzow* Kids love this one.
>>
>>51175538

See I put in $60 for pin ups, but the real question is.

If we can't increase our pledges, what expansion do I buy for $45?
>>
>>51179064

I had actually been thinking about a library type knight idea before I found out that the TK had a huge library of their own. "Record Keeper Knight" or some such, lots of ink/spear themed attacks and abilities.
>>
>>51175101

Fucking King's Man, jesus.

He really gave me that Dark Souls vibe however, walking around indomitably swatting survivors across the map with his halberd.
>>
>>51179560
Just say he/she/they came from a large settlement that heavily favoured pictographs and ink. Like the black knights.

Make them specialize in hunting slenderman or so.
>>
>>51179440
Isnt one of them trans or some shit
Or is that 5E?
>>
>>51179661
Seoni the Sorceress is unclassified i believe, assumed to be Bi.

Valeros is a womanizer who constantly gets shot down in the tie-in stories and comics.

Kyra and Merisiel, however, are in a loving lesbian relationship, apparently.
>>
>tfw level 2 and 3 quarries are actually worth hunting
>tfw nemisis encounters actually have good rewards
>tfw cooking is actually viable
>tfw completely reworked hunting table
>tfw Gold Smoke Knight
>tfw Survival of the Fittest and Collective Toil are actually viable

1 . 5 W H E N
W
H
E
N
>>
>>51179828
>tfw nemisis encounters actually have good rewards
>tfw cooking is actually viable
>tfw Collective Toil is actually viable
I have not read anything that seems to change this from 1.4, care to explain a bit more?
>>
>>51179967
I'm just making assumptions famalam
>>
>>51179967
>>51179828
Nemesis encounters aren't supposed to be rewarding.

Collective Toil is, under normal circumstances, a bonus endeavor or two, assuming you can keep your population above 10. It's competitor, Accept Darkness, makes you immune to brain death through severe brain damage.
You have a choice between the two, but it's no contest.
Collective toil makes a few tables easier, but it's nothing compared to the ability to survive a screaming butcher.

But yeah, improved cooking sounds hella nice.
>>
>>51180036
>Accept Darkness makes you immune to brain death through severe brain damage
Wrong, it actually opens up a new way to die.
It will happen a lot less, but you can still die on Brain Traumas even with AtD.
But CT will give you Bone Witch I think, so it is really not a good option.

And so far we have no confirmation that the basic Cooking Event actually got better in any way.
>>
>>51180036
I would be fine with nemesis encounters having shitty rewards if the consequences were more harsh to the settlement. The way they are now they're basically -4 population events and if you're using protect the young that's practically nothing a lot of the time.
>>
>>51180036
>>51180083

Also, the main nemesis monster I have a problem with is The Hand. Fighting him the hard way gives you way less rewards for fighting him the extremely easy way. It makes no sense. Swordmans Promise is also by far the shittiest fighting art in the game.
>>
>>51180162
*secret fighting art
>>
>>51180162
I've actually found Swordsman's Promise pretty damn clutch in the later lantern years. Getting a sword master butchered because they lost all their survival during Overwhelming Darkness does not feel good at all.
>>
>>51180407
I would recommend to Gather some Herbs right after Overwhelming Darkness anyway.
And thanks to the new Song of the Brave the Darkness should not be as much of a problem as it used to be anyway.
>>
>>51179072
KDG is pretty great as far as 4chan communities go, I had hoped for more.
>>
>>51180549
Ask non-retarded questions next-time and I'll be happy to answer my dude
>>
>>51180625
Nah, I found the answers without having to drag them out of you. Resume your faggotry.
>>
Okay, so there's no Poots-confirmed yet on whether orders will be modifiable in the pledge manager, but is there at least info or decent speculation?

It seems unlikely to me that he'd even be able to avoid it, given that there were entire expansions that were all WORK IN PROGRESS.

That is why I didn't up the pledge as content came out anyway. I got the base game and enough for Flower Knight and Dung Beetle Knight, since I wanted the game and I'd buy those two just for the cool model alone. But I was put off going hard because of the sheer amount of unconfirmed content in the new stuff and then just forgot I'd underbid myself.

If they do allow extra expansions, what would you recommend from a gameplay perspective? I'll be getting Black Knight anyway because all the knights are cool and this way I get all four heavy armour boys. But are there any others that substantially improve the game or replayability?
>>
>>51181272

Speculation is all up in the air. It was likely planned with the initial kickstarter, but Poots wasn't expecting 12 million dollars of interest in the game. So it might just be financially unfeasible at this point.

>But are there any others that substantially improve the game or replayability?

>Dragon King
>Sunstalker
>Abyssal Woods (Ideally +Flower Knight and Spidicules). This one looks to have been massively undervalued by Poots
>Inverted Mountain campaign
>First hero-ish
>Gambler Box
>>
>>51176945
Who's that on the left?
>>
>>51181350
Rime, a 4chin OC poots turned into a pinup
>>
File: cute mosquito.jpg (105KB, 639x852px) Image search: [Google]
cute mosquito.jpg
105KB, 639x852px
>>
>>51181706
I hate to be the first person to bring it up but that tongue was made for sounding
>>
>>51181706
Why did we not get a Mosquito Pin Up, anyway?
It looks like it was made for it.
>>
>>51181759
Do any of the quarry monsters have pinups?
>>
File: 1480979477525.png (525KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480979477525.png
525KB, 996x600px
>>51181818
There is Ramette.
Also I was sure there were more but can´t find them.
>>
File: PokemonSunAndMONSTER.png (85KB, 340x429px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonSunAndMONSTER.png
85KB, 340x429px
>>51180083
I've been using a luck-spam technique to get through a lot of the nemesis encounters (the butcher is, of course, largely immune, dammit)
and as a result, the nemesis fights can be quite rewarding.
Their critical locations offer a lot of character improvement rewards (if you survive, of course)

The victory tables mostly suck (though the butcher's is pretty good. If you don't rely on criticals.)

Also King's step is awesome.
>>
>>51181818
Dung Beetle Knight and Ball pinups too
>>
>Fight the Hand
>Luck into his +20 respect location in turn 3
>My oldest survivor takes his 'respect' directly to the head.
>Lantern crit to survive - Sticks it.
>What's my reward????

>Salty Hand kicks a lantern scrap into the eye of my katar specialist, leaving him blind, and one point away from Katar mastery.
>Thanks for the lantern scrap, your excellency.
>>
>>51181818
from the originals there's mostly armour set pinups, like the Phoenix Dancer and Spider Silk Assassin.
>>
>>51175596

That's the model I'm most looking forward to. My current settlement has a butchers cleaver, so I was thinking of making my own with the lion armour cloak and lantern armour.

I did also think about trying to homebrew a "People of the Butcher" campaign, but I noticed that the campaigns of death comes with an ancient butcher model so I think that will be one of the campaigns in that expansion.
>>
>>51181920
If you count the Dung Beetle dancers, then you might as well count the phoenix dancer.
>>
>review billing of my pledge
>7% mark-up on fees and adjusted exchange rate
>before shipping, VAT and customs even are accounted for
Thanks, Merkel.
>>
>>51181944
the Dancers are armour pinups though.
Image related is the DBK itself.
>>
>>51175596
It's always fun to end up with pseudo butchers/forsakers, my current campaign is being carried by a survivor that managed to get Peerless and Bitter Death early on from lion hunts.
He's wielding a steel sword and steel shield which works very well with red fist, though I'm doing everything I can to make sure he doesn't have the settlements highest insanity or hunt XP.
>>
>>51181992

>VAT and customs

The majority of the last kickstarter shipped from an EU warehouse so don't worry about that.

Unless you live in the UK like me
>>
>>51182005
Ah, sure enough.
Goodness. Does that mean that DBK has 8 related figures, scattered through 5 different packages?

DBK/Dungball
DBK pinup
Dungball pinup
Dungbeetle Dancer m/f
DBK Armor m/f

This is what it must be like to be Poats' favorite expansion.
>>
>>51182162
The interaction of EU legislative and the local legislative is massive clusterfuck full of unclear classification, so the point it boils down to chance whether you need to pay or not.
Hell, I don't even know how much it will be, because there's a real possibility the law will change again before the first fulfillment ships.
>>
>>51181326

Everyone's been saying Dragon King so I guess he's the top pick all around for an endgame-type monster. But in the last thread people seemed really against Abyssal Woods, and said it was bad value. Or did I read that wrong?

Gambler's box seems alright and I want some of the things in it, but it's also 1/3 of the base game and I wouldn't use most of the things in it.
>>
>>51182423
Last thread was made of trolls and shitposting. Pay it no mind.
>>
>>51180079
Yeah, its mainly Bone Witch fuckery that no-one picks CT or Romantic often
>>
>>51176921
wait are you the anon that did the dead end home brew? would love to see you do some more stuff in a similar vain anon
>>
>>51181992

2.75% markup here, your bank a shit,
>>
>>51182993
0% here, suck it suckers.
>>
1.95% "markup" on the exchange rate, no other fees. :)
>>
>>51182760
It´s just such a crippling event, and it has a chance to come back again and again.
Compared to the other options the benefits of Collective Toil and Romantic just do not outweight the shitty Bone Witch.
In fact I don´t even remember/know what Romantic even does.
>>
>>51183187
>In fact I don´t even remember/know what Romantic even does.
You get to innovate twice.
Of course by the time you've picked it, you've already got most key innovations unless it took you forever to nab symposium.
Romantic is a LOT more tempting with up to 15 extra lantern years of campaign and with the possibility of a fist full of expansions adding innovations and diluting the deck.
>>
>>51182760
>TFW Bone Witch gives her horrible accuracy penalty out... but you have Rubedo and successfully turn it inside-out to get hyper-accurate survivors.
>>
Anybody know if anyone's working on a Naruto homebrew? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>51183425
>You get to innovate twice.
That is pretty eh. You still have to pay the ressources and what is more important the Endeavour.
I´d rather get a flat Strength Bonus and a chance of getting Red Fist again.

>>51183441
That must have been really lucky to not spend all your endeavours on the Witch.
>>
>>51183558
>That must have been really lucky to not spend all your endeavours on the Witch.
Or folks died on the hunt and you have Graves.
Either that or you take 1+ of the nerfed survivors as a carry to rubedo them after another hunt.
>>
>>51183483
Just play the Sunstalker expansion, it's basically the same thing.
>>
>Kingdom Death
>Not Kingdom Thickness

I realise I may be years behind with that joke but seriously, dem females b thiccer than a bowl of oatmeal.
>>
Anyone else going to play the Young Survivor as a trap?
>>
>>51180466
How are you choosing to gather herbs? I thought it was random?
>>
>>51184255
Sorry, what do you mean?
>>
I wonder if games workshop would do a warhammer 4000 crossover... hmm...
>>
>>51184368
Forgot my trip oops>>51184368
>>
>>51184255
I am pretty sure you can put the Herb Gathering Event on any Hunt Space you want.
And it gives +1 Survival out the door with maybe added Survival in the actual Event.
>>
>>51184368
Anything from the 40k universe would look very off in the more well-proportioned style used by Kingdom Death...
Except maybe Eldar Aspect warriors...
>>
>>51184389
Eh, I'm not really seeing it, outside of some Chaos Daemons. Like, if you had to pick one 40K model to use in KD, which would it be? And if your first choice is Chaos Daemons, what would you choose from any other faction?
>>
>>51184430
We'll you're entitled to your opinion jerk. I think it would be wicked cool
>>
>>51184439
Shut up then!!!
>>
>>51184489
Forgot trip code again shit
Anyway warhammer would be cool as hell!
>>
>>51184427
Only with a sickle, otherwise its random IIRC.
>>
With Bone Witch, the insane survivors have to innovate? Or if they innovate, it has to be at the BW?
>>
>>51184489
What's your problem? Come on, which 40K models would you want to see in KD? I will remind you that you're the one who brought this up.
>>
>>51184563
Space marines are the coolest by far!
>>
>>51184563
Space marines are the coolest by far!>>51184589 crap forgot trip code again anyway I mean the blue space marines with the white symbol
>>
>>51184530
>Only with a sickle
Well duh, you need a sickle for the Herb Gathering Event in the first place.
>otherwise its random
I don´t think it can be random at all except the roll on the Event.
>>
>>51184607
How do you keep forgetting your trip? Are you removing it to post anonymously somewhere else?

Nevermind. So, would you put Ultramarines (pretty sure those are the ones you're talking about) in the KD world? Would you just let them have their power armor and bolters? If it were me, I'd probably strip them of bolters, meltas, plasma guns, etc. and reduce the power armor to just regular, non-powered armor. Probably keeping a similar design though, maybe even go for a beakie head. No jump packs, obviously. And they sure as fuck would not look like Stormcast Eternals.
>>
>>51184688
I'm on a phone right now and it erases it whenever I post just out space marines in the game who gives a shit it wold be awesome
>>
>>51184430
>Anything from the 40k universe would look very off in the more well-proportioned style used by Kingdom Death...
Models != character art, anon. The actual art doesn't use heroic stylings.
And to wit, I wouldn't use Space Marines, unless it was as some kind of foe, their aesthetic doesn't work at all.
Now daemons? Orks, especially as their creature type isn't common in the game.
>>
>>51184772
Stop making fun of my idea!!!
>>
>>51184716
Aesthetically it doesn't seem like a good fit. But, to each their own.
>>
>>51184772
>Now daemons? Orks, especially as their creature type isn't common in the game.
Also the proportions of those wouldn't really matter, as they are their own thing. I could see those work.
Initially I was mostly going to Space Marines and Guard, which just wouldn't look right, but I can see demons and orks work.
>>
>>51182179
You forgot Perfect DBK in the Super Survivors promo.
>>
>>51184804
Shut up space marines are cool
>>
>>51184823
>Space Marines and Guard
Their style wouldn't work, I think, and they don't add anything besides visual recognition in a game that doesn't need SPACE MARINES on the cover to survive.
I'd much rather see something used that adds to the game's roundedness than a bad cash grab.
I think orks work best simply via visual style and mentality (bipedal hyper bulky pack mentality foes).
>>
File: IMG_1042.jpg (80KB, 344x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1042.jpg
80KB, 344x319px
>>51184439
>>51184430
>>
You are not funny.
>>
>>51184898
exactly, that was my point.
>>
>>51184716
>who gives a shit it wold be awesome
You're speaking like you're twelve.

>>51184786
I don't think anyone's making fun of you. We're just pointing out how the art style of WH40K doesn't really match the art style of KD, and talking about how we would fix that problem, either by changing the style of the characters, as I suggested, or by just choosing characters that already fit well in the KD style as >>51184772 suggests.

>>51184859
Again, like you're twelve. Can you seriously not understand the nuances of what we're saying? Hell, I was even pointing out ways the Space Marine look could be changed to better fit the KD style.

>>51184909
Ah, good point. Forgot about the Tyranids. Just like Games Workshop!
>>
>>51184944
Your just trying to take credit for my idea...
>>
>>51184944
Not ALL nids, anon!
>fucking GSC
>>
File: sister_of_battle_by_kill_stereo.jpg (167KB, 560x1126px) Image search: [Google]
sister_of_battle_by_kill_stereo.jpg
167KB, 560x1126px
>>51184944
ANYWAY, if I had to pick a 40K faction, it would probably be the SOB. Again, tone down the armor, get rid of the guns/flamethrowers/etc. Actually, I think this piece of art pretty much shows what I'd probably do with them. Maybe add a bit more color though.

>>51184971
what
>>
>>51184971
You're*
>>
>>51184979
>fucking GSC
The jeanstealers? What about them?
>>
>>51185031
Genestealer Cult got an entire army of it's own, and it rocketed up to top tier almost immediately.
It's a good example of an army that someone really liked, compared to the turd that was Thousand Sons release.
>>
File: donald rage.gif (2MB, 150x113px) Image search: [Google]
donald rage.gif
2MB, 150x113px
>christmas order cancelled due to being lost in shipment
>cant get xmas special pinup anymore
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
>>51185310
Gotta wait another year to get a chance at it.
>>
>>51185354
Not fucking fair.

Maybe if I wish hard enough the box will someday arrive at my door.
>>
>>51179501

> Pathfinder, the rod of wonder

Shoot, you got me. I chuckled.
>>
Why doesn't anybody pay attention to my posts... I had some cool ideas and you guys just cropped on them...
>>
>>51182423

People were trolling, Dragon King is excellent though he's not an endgame monster in a normal campaign. He's node 3 normally, endgame monsters are node 5.

As for Abyssal woods, let me put it this way.

At MSRP, Dragon King is $150 and Poots is saying AW will be $200. Dragon King comes with 1 hunt, and a special nemesis you fight in its campaign. AW comes with:

>Death Chicken, Node 3 and node 5 fights
>Flower Witch Boss/nemesis
>Witch Disciples nemesis
>Spiral Knight monster/nemesis
>Luna encounter monster
>Flower creature encounter monsters

What kind of encounter they are depends on if you're playing normally or doing the AW. It's a fucking insane amount of content, it's almost a whole new core in and of itself.
>>
>>51185659
What?
>>
>>51184543
Each insane, returning survivor must spend an endeavor at the Bone Witch.
>>
File: image.png (780KB, 796x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
780KB, 796x597px
Kingdom death strawberry
>>
>>51185928
He's le shitposting accidentally on purpose, winky face ecks dee
Just ignore it for Pete's sake unless I'm feeding a response to the old samefag routine, it's impossible to know for sure.
>>
>>51185928
I have to change my trip code all the time because people filter my codes out!!!
>>
>>51186082
Then don't act like someone people want to block.

>>51186046
Oh yeah, strawberries could work. Just do what Shadows of the Damned did and say they're made of ground-up tongues.
>>
>>51186149
Shut up!!! My posts are good and my ideas are good
>>
File: 18+.png (19KB, 394x335px) Image search: [Google]
18+.png
19KB, 394x335px
>>51186163
>>
>>51185422
Contact Poots. He tends to be cool about that.
>>
>>51186149
Read the OP, it's just people trying too hard to be funny by impersonating someone else.
>>
>>51186354
Whoops. I am a faggot, apologies. Well, it's just one more argument against trips.
>>
>>51185666
I'm pretty confident retail will be 250-300, its way too much stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 280x280px
If a survivor dies of brain damage, I feel something like this should happen. A new horror birthed of madness
>>
>>51186419
Srupid idea
>>
>>51186412

That's my estimate as well, probably $250. I was really shocked when I saw what he had the MSRP at for that much stuff.
>>
>>51186046
Where's it's dick?
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 604x604px
good Slavic themed armor/clothing set when? Need a bear monster
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 480x480px
>>51186477
Here, completed Slav armor set. Add +1 to all squat locations
>>
>>51186419
IMO could work in the right showdown. Normally dying from brain trauma is "Go screaming into the dark" but it's easy to envision a showdown where random brain trauma is replaced with "The survivor sees too much and their unprotected mind is torn apart by the horrors of reality. They are dead. Replace them on the showdown board with a Terrorspawn minion" or something like that.
>>
>>51186305
The thing is support already refunded me and I asked if I could reorder it, as there were still some of those available when they removed them from the store. But they said I can only reorder what is in the store currently. Makes no sense to me.
>>
>>51181759
>Why did we not get a Mosquito Pin Up, anyway?
But we did.

Have you forgotten her already? So cruel, anon. I know she may not have a face, but that's cruel.
(Pinups are based off armor sets, not quarries.)
>>
>>51186477
That would be pretty boss, clearly from something that provides more fur/cloth material than tough hide. Seeing as Poots is busily pillaging every world culture for his armor set (Mongolian frogdogs! Arabian silk!) I wouldn't be surprised if he got around to Slavic/Nordic, if not from unpreviewed KS2 stuff than from later. Ringtail is supposedly bigger even than abyssal woods so perhaps one of its armor sets would fit the bill? Not the one we were previewed obviously but I think those were the People of the Fox survivors, Fox Armor could be quite different.
>>
>>51186698
>(Pinups are based off armor sets, not quarries.)
Most of the time. At least nemesis monsters got pure "pinup nemesis". And Pinup Faceless is more a pinup of an encounter monster than of an armor set.
>>
File: 1478807882072.jpg (236KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478807882072.jpg
236KB, 724x1024px
>>51186698
>Pinups are based off armor sets, not quarries.
How do you explain Ramette (>>51181901) then?
Or DBK Girl (>>51182005) ?
Or (technically) Wet Nurse?
You could argue that Dragon Sacrifice is also something alike.
>>
>>51186698
That's simply not true, DBK has a pin-up so does the Nightmare Ram, the Honeycomb Weaver (technically) and the Dragon Goblin.
>>
>>51186750
That should have said "most" to be fair. Because most of the originals are, as for KS2, there we got the first true monster pinups.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1205x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1205x1024px
I've got less than 2 days bros? Should I finalize my pledge or let it pass. 1666 is a fuckton of money (at least 1.5 months rent). But it's the original Sarah's pledge...

What should I do? I'm leaning on not getting it.

Or is there a resale value for this? Would someone buy my pledge? Even at close to base price?
>>
File: image.jpg (443KB, 2362x1727px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
443KB, 2362x1727px
>>51186875
Oops, lol, Sarah's pledge...
>>
Do you guys really not care about my posts...?
>>
File: image.png (712KB, 922x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
712KB, 922x589px
Could an /mlp/ reference work? Something like this would be good
>>
>>51186784
Weaver pinup seems more like a victorious survivor (hence the stabbed dead weaver cock/tongue/beehive and raiding the honey stash). Ram seems like two versions of armor since both have survivor gear elements. But Dragon Goblin and DBK are pinup quarry monsters, no doubt. And we've even got a pinup sitting on a terrain piece with Dung Ball.
>>
>>51186875

Sure there's resale value, you could probably mark them up a little bit. If you're selling them below MSRP, people are liable to still gobble them up but there's going to be a lot more on the market with this KS. Be financially responsible anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (206KB, 648x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206KB, 648x612px
>>51186727
Wait, there is Mongolian frogdog armor? What are you referring to?
>>
>>51186875
You'll regret missing it entirely. Satan is an INSANE deal. It's not just under market, it's badly under KS value. Even if you just scalp it For Shame you'll be better off with.
>>
>>51187031
I'll spoonfeed. Pretend to be grateful.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1756651
>>
>>51186875
Just to let you know, the MSRP value of a Satan pledge is around $4,300.

If you sell even half of it at MSRP then you more than pay for the other half. If you sell all of it, you get a retailer tier return on investment.
>>
File: image.png (283KB, 550x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
283KB, 550x411px
>>51186953
>>
>>51187112
But isn't the time to deliver over the course of 5 years or something like that? I may not be alive that long.

Anyway thanks for the input.
>>
>>51187097
Not him, but is there any site like a wiki for Kingdom Death? Because it is kind of annoying to sift through all the Kickstarter updates to find things.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 403x403px
>>51187185
>>
>>51187185
Vibrant Lantern, but it's poorly curated
There used to be Inside the Wall, which was a little better about collecting lore and shit, but its hosting service died.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Kingdom Death, where just being a fan turns you into a mad, mystery-delving archivist trying to scrape together the shape of a horrible truth from scattered and hard to find fragments with conspiracy and misinformation all around you.
>>
>>51186953
Monster design is not bad, but no ponies. Monsters based on twisted kids' character motifs would be cool though
>>
>>51186953
bug horse would probably work quite well with minimal modifications

then again parasite queen is already a thing
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1026x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1026x758px
>>51187185
>>51187273
They are in Gatts' hell world in all but name. The final final boss will be not-Gurifisu
>>
>>51187353
>not-Gurifisu
You mean Satan right? Cause the 1.0 boss is an empty cloak with lanterns and the 1.5 boss is Executioner Smough's skinny brother.
>>
>>51187353

Does that make the great game hunter city not-Falconia?
>>
>>51187268
Huh, what's that? I can't hear you over your faggotry.
>>
>>51187031
Frogdog Armour
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 519x533px
>>51187405
>gettin' riled over being trashed by an ape picture
>>
I just thought space marines would be a cool crossover... is that so bad...?
>>
>>51179501
Spaceballs is a great movie
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 550x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 550x615px
>>51187405
>>
File: Reaction 52.jpg (16KB, 335x251px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 52.jpg
16KB, 335x251px
>>51186953
>mulp
>in any way shape or form
>ever
>>
>>51187478
Shitpost harder.

>>51187535
Oh, hello Mister President. I see you're still mad that Hillary lost.
>>
When can we expect some kind of news or a update so this stupid shitposting can stop?
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 700x525px
>>51187565
>>
>>51185310
>>51185422

I'm still waiting for my mine to come in. Hearing that other lose theirs is making me edgy
>>
>>51187565
Anon stop getting back up. The trashing your getting is bad enough. You rolled a 1 on the beast rape table, just get back to discussing KD so the other anon will stop brutalizing you with monkey middle finger pictures
>>
Why aren't slings a thing? Rocks everywhere, just need hide. I'm going to make believe bone darts are actually slings
>>
>>51187447
How is that made from frogdog parts? Looks cool but way too advanced for cavemen
>>
What if it turned out all the faces were dead space marines??? That would be cool!!!
>>
>>51187785
That's a problem I have with some of the newer designs, they are too sophisticated for the settlements present in the game. They would make great regionally different clothing for the hunter city
>>
>>51187785
I don't know, and those are just 2 sets from the 3, the third is Pond scum armour, that the pinup is based on.
>>
>>51187744
The darts are probably launched with an atlatl.

>>51187785
You only start the game as cavemen, and as it so happens Frogdog has 4 different armour sets that can be made at different points in the game. Those two are the late game armours, we don't yet have proper art for the early game stuff but we know Pond Scum is based on it.
>>
>>51187744
They had slings in the pretested game. You flipped the cloth armor to its back to do so. No idea why they changed that in the final version.
>>
>>51187852
Most of the new armour sets make both a late game and an early game armour now, and for most of them only the late game version has been shown in any way.
>>
>>51187883
That's a very nice ass. Too bad about the tattoos
>>
>>51187883
You can't get banned for that anon. There are no nipples. Therefore it is wholesome 4chan material
>>
Only 4 Fades remaining if anyone hasn't copped yet.
>>
>>51187883
that but is just to big
>>
>>51187883
>Jesus this thread is bad. Whelp time to take a vacation
It's mostly just the one faggot trying to make good on his promise to "ruin this community" he made a couple of threads ago. Just disregard him, like everyone else is, and the thread is mostly nominal.
>>
>>51188113
Yeah, this crowd is kind of in day-after-a-party mode since he kickstarter just ended, but you have all been really great.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 400x463px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 400x463px
>>51187883
>>51188125
To each their own. I would gladly hotdog those cheeks as I slap them red. Here is more to your liking
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 288x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 288x224px
what about Moai themed monsters and settlements?
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 483x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 483x347px
>>51188125
Sure, anon
>>
>>51187883
More, source, and is there penetration?
>>
>>51187883
What are the odds that woman is a virgin? Dated guys, made out, but wants to wait for her husband to unleash that body and experience all those firsts?
>>
>>51187447
Kingdom of Monguls?
>>
>>51188370
Zero, not the world we live in, for better and for worse.
>>
File: Reaction 26.jpg (18KB, 325x251px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 26.jpg
18KB, 325x251px
>>51188370
Anon, I hate to say this to you, but your perfect chinese cartoon 2D waifu will never be 3D. People in 3D has emotions, wants, and personalities that are not controlled by the ones who view them. I'm sorry I was the one who had to break it to you...
>>
>>51181706
Really hope she gets a pinup of that art.
Insect girls are the best.
>>
>>51188224
What am I looking at?
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 800x1128px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 800x1128px
so is this thing pretty much confirmed in the abyssal woods?
>>
>>51188537
Yep
>>
>>51188537
That exact art wasn't reused, but it was confirmed. Lotus is an encounter monster.
>>
>>51187883
Pretty low even if that was her intention and world view. Society pressures sex on women, she would have the privilege of opportunity with just about any guy she wanted, everyone feels urges, guys are horney and make up reasons and lie, alcohol exists, and rape exists. So no that woman, if she gets married, will not be a virgin in white
>>
>>51188370
>>51188630
I'm thinking this is a response to this?
>>
>>51188576
Good, there are too many humanoid creatures, need more exotic shapes
>>
>>51188675
B-but this will not fit my head canon that all monsters were humans once!!!
>>
So how do we think encounter monsters will work?

Mini fights that break up the hunt phase? Adds to the real monster fight?
>>
>>51188717
>Mini fights that break up the hunt phase?
It has been directly confirmed (from the moment they were revealed, even) that this is how they work. Read the Oblivion Mosquito and Savage Bone Eater update blurbs.
>>
>>51188704
Why would you think that? It seems like most monsters are corruptions of living beings like animals and plants.
>>
>>51188576
>>51188537
I mean that piece is still probably going to be in the book somewhere seeing as the design in the Kickstarter is identical.

>>51188744
I always thought it was the Scribe/Golden Entity/whoever makes monsters being "lazy" and reusing design elements.
After all every single monster with no exceptions has at least some human feature on it.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
there was some pretty good KD discussion over on /mlp/, these two boards might cross over well in terms of fandom and ideas. I like this rainbow dash wanderer promo idea
>>
>>51188858
It never went that far, someone just suggested a paint skim for the regeneration suit pinup and a possible conversion to make the legs more horse-like.
>>
>>51188803
>I always thought it was the Scribe/Golden Entity/whoever makes monsters being "lazy" and reusing design elements.
>After all every single monster with no exceptions has at least some human feature on it.

Perhaps they don't, and it's only the madness of the survivors that makes them see twisted reflections of themselves in the monsters they hunt.

Or, given that Scribe and Chosen (golden entity's self-image) are pretty humanoid, while other very powerful entities like Dragon King and Sparrow King have human(oid) forms (and others like the Gambler and Sculptor seem to be in them all the time), it's possible that man and monster alike are made in the image the Great Entities hold for themselves.
>>
>>51187640
>>51187684
(You)
>>
>>51188803
Or I think narcissistic would probably be more accurate than lazy, at least if the descriptions of the golden entity are anything to go by.
>>
>>51188858
Fuck off
>>
>>51188858
Please stop falseflagging you absolute cunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (565KB, 2816x1880px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
565KB, 2816x1880px
>>51188675
>>51188744
I'd like to see monsters based off disgusting food
>>
Lion God > every other monster

this is not a debate
>>
Conspiracy theory: there is one anon pretending to be retarded, pretending to be Ekoi, asking for info posted on the KS, shitposting about elves, my little pony, and posting monkey middle finger pictures at himself
>>
>>51189063
I mean with the Silver City that might not be too far from the truth.
>>
>>51189066
He was probably also getting mad at himself for implying dragons are angels.
>>
>>51188994
A british KDM expansion? Disgusting food and people, it would fit right in
>>
>>51189085
Best design
Best sculpture
Best fight

There are better nemeses than him, but he is the best monster as of right now no questions asked.
>>
>>51189085

> nightmare ram
> silver city

What else is needed to do FULL DUNGEON CRAWL MODE in Kingdom Death?
>>
>>51189139
Kingdom Death: Labyrinth

Coming out 2035
>>
>>
>>51188994
>casu marzu golem

>paralying stink
>immune to most conventional weapons
>getting too close means being swarmed by billions of burrowing maggots
>no matter how many of them you kill, no matter how illegal making one is, no matter how ungodly fucking disgusting they are someone out there just keeps making them
>>
>>51189162

I mean from stuff that's actually coming out that we know of.
>>
>>51189115
There would be lots of new interactions with Dark Dentist settlement event.
>>
File: image.jpg (364KB, 1280x780px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 1280x780px
>>51189066
>>51189105
Sadly I think it's just the makeup of our regular contributers. Lurkers, now is as good a time as any to start to post
>>
>>51189162
I'd kill to have that made into a video game. Only question is if it should be based on Darkest Dungeon or Dark Souls.
>>
>>51189207
I mean just having those two should be enough for now, we'd just need an early game dungeon type fight to round it out.
>>
>>51189115
>>51189208
Hee hee
>>
>>51189213
I mean I'm almost certain the Ekoi impersonator is the same person that hates the Dragon = Angels theory, as he also flipped his lid in a similar manner upon it being mentioned.

>>51189217
Why not both?
>>
>>51189213
What is that picture? Witcher fan art? That would make a neat fight 'uncovering the dark secret behind the white speakers cult'
>>
>>51189238
I feel like Nightmare Ram will probably be node 2 at the latest. I just cant see it among the ranks of Dragon King and Sunstalker.
>>
>>51189217

Darkest Dungeon seems like the better fits. Dungeon has a focus on sending out teams, rotating cast, and even has a settlement to upgrade.

Dark Souls, despite having great style, is much more of a single player exploration game. A dark souls game with Kingdom Death vibes would be cool as shit, but Darkest Dungeon is better for team based play.
>>
>>51189279
Dude, GIS is a thing.

http://conceptartworld.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-concept-art/
>>
>>51186419
If survivor dies to brain damage it's basically the bad kind of mindbreak.
I think rules should have support for the good kind of mindbreak too.
>>
>>51189217
Poots is apparantly working on Kingdom Death: 2D, a retro video game of Kingdom Death. He even posted what looked like an idle cycle for the Flower Knight. If it wasn't meant to go on a four year hiatus when KS2 dropped, it likely did anyway when we broke 10mil
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 610x458px
>>51189066
I posted monkeys at that dipshit anon, so it's not all one poster. I think the elf and /mlp/ guy are the same super sperg
>>
>>51189276
>Why not both?
Because you can't, the two games have gameplay that just can't be combined. It would be like trying to combine, I dunno, a turn-based RPG with a hack-and-slash.

>>51189293
True, DD does sound a lot better.
>>
>>51189291
Neither do I, but I could see it being on par with Flower Knight.

>>51189279
It's Witcher concept art, plus we already know the White Speakers dark secret.
>>
>>51189343
I was thinking of it in the sense of Darkest Dungeon out of combat management and Dark Souls co-op combat.
>>
>>51189333
>KS2
Aw man, I've been looking forward to a sequel to KS for years! Kinda weird that the Kingdom Death guys are working on it though. Your finger slipped, I get it.

You know, I've been trying to avoid it, but I'm really going to have to go through the entire Kickstarter to learn what's going on, aren't I?
>>
>>51189345
An upside down dude who took a bunch of brains; and who looks like he hides out in the theater room to eat his lunch isn't the end of the secret
>>
>>51189417
KS2 is short for Kickstarter 2 in reference to this being the second Kingdom Death Kickstarter, in contrast to the first Kickstarter which is referred to as KS1.
>>
>>51189276
Stop being retarded.

Seriously.
>>
An MLP crossover would be sick
>>
>>51189345
Pariah is the last male speaker (Thank him for the fanservice the cult now provides) who killed a bunch of others and learned a secret story from their brains.

That doesn't explain the origin of their strange powers/that story. Though Mountain Man might.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>51189806
>>51189806
>>51189806
>>
>>51189105
Are people still mad about that idea?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.