[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 80

File: Edgy.jpg (131KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.jpg
131KB, 464x664px
No Question, No Last Thread, No Edition.... Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: 1414719441678.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1414719441678.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
How do you guys balance what lands you put in three color decks? I'm having a rough time with a deck I'm building now.
>>
>>51160858
I put it on tappedout then I look at the pie wedges and mess with them until it is right.
Dont use shitty ETB tapped lands.
Having basics isn't a bad thing.
>>
File: template.png (51KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
51KB, 1596x630px
>>51160813
you lazy fuck

anyway, we had a good thing going last thread, keep posting 'em. here's the template, dont be lazy.
>>
Are there any fun mono black commanders that don't cost an arm and a leg to make?

I keep trying to find one, but all the shells are expensive as hell
>>
File: 1480847460582.jpg (65KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480847460582.jpg
65KB, 720x720px
Someone recommend me a black deck so I can use my vampiric tutor rather than having it sit in a box. I currently play and enchantment and storm deck, so I was thinking maybe doomsday zur, or maybe something silly like gonti.
>>
Am I too Spikey for EDH?

I don't think of myself as "that guy," but I don't think anyone does, really. I don't even really particularly think of myself as obsessed with victory, or going hardcore for wins constantly. I like a good challenge. I like building decks. I like seeing broken interactions go off. I'm a control player and really enjoy playing blue. I like solving the problems other players create.

I started playing magic in 2014 just before fate reforged. I cut my teeth on videos from TCC as I learned how to play the game in part from the friends I play commander with now.

Finding Standard boorish and too expensive I turned to modern. Finding myself lacking the amount of money to invest for much more than a Mono U Tron deck that I still love to play to death and lacking much of a playgroup in my current group of friends and hearing horror stories about the local cardshop, I turned to Commander.

This all started when I built my first commander deck, Daretti. Built is the wrong turn because all I really did was buy the precon, do some modifications over time and go. I built in Karn and Mycosynth lattice as a win condition.

And then my playgroup got batshit scared of it.

So I built Meren, more lovingly crafting and tuning the deck as something that would take on the whole table and make them team up against me. It's not even really done and I don't even play it at full strength most of the time.

And then my playgroup got batshit scared of it and it turned into me trying to play as hardcore as possible and winning before the game really started or dialing back and getting stomped.

So then, finally, I turned to you lovely folks of tg for advice for a new deck that I could build on the cheap. I eventually decided on Zur, the Enchanter.

cont.
>>
File: 1484201446163.jpg (282KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484201446163.jpg
282KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
Repostan before going to bed.

Good night, /edhg/, I'll always love you
>>
>>51161001
Why I didn't think this would be a problem sooner, I'm not sure. What possessed me to design a deck for a tutor on a stick commander, even on a tight budget, and think it was going to end in anything but pain?

After a rushed three day design that involved a lot of cross referencing, examining combos and ideas, and thinking I had a grip on how well my playgroup would respond (in game) to the deck and it's synergies . . .

It's possibly even more problematic than Meren.

I'm totally frustrated now. I don't know if EDH is even the right format for me to be playing considering I can't even apparently build what I think is a low power deck.

Am I too much of a spike?

Am I legacy player lacking the meaning to play it, and so turning to modern, lacking the means to play modern and so playing EDH?

I just don't know how to handle this anymore because just trying to play a janky deck doesn't really appeal to me. I don't want to start some crazy arms race in my group (partially because at least one person is both a sore loser and a sore winner SOMEHOW). I don't want to just abandon this group because they're the reason I play magic and they're my friends.

I love Magic. I like playing Magic. I think I love just about every part of the game from looking at card interactions, to playing them and setting them off, to deck design, and improving all those things. I love the opportunities EDH affords for deckbuilding. I think it creates interesting challenges and creates interesting play environments. I love the fact that some cards that could other be useless could be totally broken and visa versa.

I just don't know what I'm doing anymore with any of this.
>>
File: Endrek.png (802KB, 1596x624px) Image search: [Google]
Endrek.png
802KB, 1596x624px
>>51160945
>>
>>51161001
>daretti, one of the strongest artifact commanders there is
>meren, the "I don't care what youre doing, I'm going off and there's nothing you can do about it" commander
>ducking Zur, THE most broken commander there is

Try picking a theme and a budget and rolling with it. EDH isn't for you if you can't handle not playing the best cards possible every deck. It's supposed to be about doing silly shenanigans while drinking beer with friends.
>>
File: What I played 2.png (846KB, 1596x670px) Image search: [Google]
What I played 2.png
846KB, 1596x670px
>>51161015
>Repostan before going to bed.
Thats a good idea, I just realized its almost 2am
>>
>>51160993
For a budget start, get the 2014 black precon deck.

Then replace the commander as Chainer or Sheoldred. Build from there.
>>
>>51161026
>>51161001
Shockingly youre story is very similair to mine. When my group of mates picked up mtg I was the main guy who researched interesting combos and ways to control the game and I would always either get ignored and win the game or be ganged up on by the rest of the table.

My way around this aws to play a more pillow-fort style of control. Basically focus on stopping the group from attacking you and use political cards to incentivize attacks against other opponents.

Hope this helps, and if you can find an lgs and start playing there to sate your competitive side.
>>
>>51160941
basics enter the battlefield untapped and provide colored mana. people seem to forget this for some reason.
>>
File: IMG-20170111-WA0001.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170111-WA0001.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>51160995
Marrow-Gnawer rat tribal
>>
If I have this thing going where I'm depending on a land, should I have more than Restore?
>>
>>51161201
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>51161026
Nah you're fine. Neither Meren or Daretti are Tier 1 or even close.

Zur can be Tier 1 but if you're casting him at all you're probably not as tuned as you think you are.

There's quite a few T1 options out there and T2 decks are where I usually play with my metas. They're fun and powerful, can combo out of nowhere, but aren't the most optimal all the time.

I do have a T1 deck though that nobody expects. Shits on all the people who still think Tasigur or Jarad are good, and surprises that Zur player who insists that the only way to win is DD+Labman.
>>
>>51161209
The land? Nykthos, people got Strip Mines
>>
>>51161250
In general, you retard, if your entire game depends on one specific land to win build a new deck.

If you are playing a commander that cares about lands like Angry Omnath and such then I am sure you would want ways to recur your lands.

I keep a Crucible of Worlds in Jhoira because suspending it behind MLD really rubs salt in the wound.
>>
>>51161343
A major influence of the creature choice is their devotion for an outpouring of Mana yes, this land is the fulcrum
>>
I wouldnt run more than one or two of that unless it can get you value off other stuff like eternal witness , grab any card not just lands. only other notable is splendid reclamation i guess.

basically just do regrowth effects instead
>>
>>51161380
for
>>51161201
>>
>>51161343
Damn Crucible is sweet
>>51161380
Imma bounce mnemonic wall for it a few times to take from other graves too
>>
>>51161435
Meant flicker for the raging autist
>>
>>51161435
Also have Fated Infatuation to get back too
>>
File: krond.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
krond.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Good wincons for EDH Enchantress? I already have a Voltron deck, don't really think I need two.
>>
File: mimeo.png (951KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
mimeo.png
951KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
>>51154203
The gradient between blue and orange
David Bowie
>>
>>51161696
Most enchantress decks tend to go Voltron by the end of it anyways.
If you want just enchantments, look at shit like Eldrazi Conscription and Celestial Mantle.
>>
>>51161696
Rip + helm of obedience can be a game ender I'd you have a way to abuse it (I play derevi). Based on pic related being your commander I don't know of many others, but I do know that solitary confinement is a great card in enchantress
>>
File: Peregrine+Drake+%5BUZ%5D.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Peregrine+Drake+%5BUZ%5D.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
This smug fucker
>>
File: WORT.png (678KB, 1596x768px) Image search: [Google]
WORT.png
678KB, 1596x768px
>>51160945
>>
File: template.png (720KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
720KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
>>51160858
>9 fetchlands
>9 basics
>3 duals
>3 shocklands
>3 checklands
>3 filterlands
>6-10 among Command Tower, the revelant tri-land, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Tectonic Edge, Ghost Quarter, Dust Bowl, Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth, Gaea's Cradle, Academy Ruins, Kher Keep or Flagstones.

If youd don't have duals run fastlands if combo/aggro/tempo or manlands if control/ramp/durdlefest.
>>
>>51161367
It's Tromokratis and friends but I still want green white splash
>>
File: 141.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>51161864
Yes, please do as this guy says
>>
>>51161864
I wouls play painlands over either fastlands or manlands. I also don't really like filters but that's just preference. I would also include city of brass and mana confluence instantly unless you're doing some shit like high tide.
>>
>>51160993
Just buy Mikaeus, Triskellion, Entomb, Reanimate, Buried Alive, Living Death, Wake the Dead, Victimize, Reassembling Skeleton, Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.
You can fill out the rest of the deck with literally all Swamps and still win from time to time.
>>
File: edcg.png (323KB, 800x321px) Image search: [Google]
edcg.png
323KB, 800x321px
>>
File: blob.jpg (385KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
blob.jpg
385KB, 1596x630px
>>51161757
>>
>>51161757
The only good one i've seen so far.
>>
>>51161696
So many options Anon.

>Heliod + Glare of Subdual
>Opalescence/Starfield beats
>Parallax Wave shenenigans
>Helm + Rest in Peace
>Words of Wilding
>Prison
>Voltron
>>
File: whati.png (1MB, 1596x618px) Image search: [Google]
whati.png
1MB, 1596x618px
>>51160945
For those who think Narset is too strong,

play Ruric Thar
>>
>>51162068
I once played Gisa in a table with two Ruric and a Narset.
Narset conceded immediately after having his armageddon shenanigans thoughtseized, and I ended up turtling under my exponentlially growing army of zombies as both gruuldroolers decked themselves.
>>
File: Blood ocean.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Blood ocean.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>51161864
Sounds right, you should probably avoid playing red also because its a weak color.
>>
>>51162171
To be fair, Ruric is mediocre against creature based strats. But what can I say? not gruul then die?
>>
File: 1484191583400.png (1MB, 1600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484191583400.png
1MB, 1600x630px
Anyone willing to help a brother out? Need to remove 18 cards from this list and I don't know what to cut. I would normally do it myself but I'm a bit burn out due to a few things and thus would like an outside opinion. Recommendations would also be nice, so long as they don't cost more than 30-40 dollars, on a bit of a budget. Please none of you say Vampiric Tutor. Anyway, decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monoblack-and-fabulous/
>>
>>51160945
Played mimeoplasm, excpected to copy/reanim huge Guys, ended being very sensitive to counterspells and gravehate, stopped and built leovold instead
>>
>>51161912
>What i got
That's true for literally every monoB deck though, you always end up playing all the mana doublers and sweet black ramp spells you can
>>
>>51162455
Cut:
Arch fiend
Bloodghast
Demon of dark schemes
Nether traitor
Beacon of unrest
Damnation

Add:
Sengir autocrat
Abhorrent overlord
Endrek sahr
Ghoulcaller gisa
Carrion
Delraich
Demon of deaths gate
Death cloud
Smokestack
Pox
Smallpox
Descent into madness

I think you need to focus more on tokens and grave pact effects.
>>
>>51162496
The way I play him is glassjaw one shot KO self mill.

Generally every game by turn 5 I have a 16/16 flying shroud mimeo or a 12/12 unblockable infect

The deck asks questions and demands quick answers from its opponents. Very fun to pilot and control, but due to its nature can be insanely fragile. I love it.
>>
>>51162544
Same but lot of UX/G/UG on my meta
>>
>>51161001
https://edhrec.com/commanders/ramirez-depietro

Make this commander. It's silly, fun, and should be cheap. Just fill it with anything vaguely nautical. Make your wincon commander damage or something artifact based to represent his "treasure trove" If you builf a spike deck out of this then there is no hope fore you.
>>
File: Shedred.png (707KB, 1596x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shedred.png
707KB, 1596x800px
>>51161912
>>51162499
Same, duder.
>>
Can someone explain slobad wincons other than the dragon that hoards artifacts?

How do these decks win?
>>
>>51162691
>Wurmcoil/Lodestone/Steel Hellkite made indestructible with Slobad+Jokulhaups/Obliterate/Decree/Boom/Bust
>Smokestack+Crucible
>Daretti+LMD
>Tange Wire+Winter Orb
>>
>>51162455
there's basically 2 ways to build yahenni in my opinion. there's token stax like this anon said (>>51162514) and then there's a more typical creature-hating-and-reanimating-goodstuffy build that i've already tested to be functional on xmage.

yahenni isn't really a token synergy commander either in my opinion. he only needs to sac maybe once a turn, if that, and you don't need to commit to a token theme just because of that. reanimator builds are very resilient to hate (even GY hate) and typically more fun.

token synergies are pretty weak in monoblack anyway. most of the token generators in mononlack are total shit and the actual synergies are either really, really bad (zulaport) or something staxy. even stax isn't even that good, i think smokestack and descent into madness are way too slow. i think the best case scenario casting something like Death Cloud while you have a ton of bullshit tokens on board, but that's a bit of a magical christmasland scenario. rest of the time, stax is just going to make people hate you in game and also irl. but to be fair, i haven't actually tested stax that much in monoblack so i could be talking out of my ass.

it's true grave pact requires stuff to sac, but usually just saccing your idle ETB creatures like gray merchants and rune-scarred demons is enough if there is really something worth removing.

continuing with my suggested cuts and adds for a reanimator build
>>
>>51162514
I hate to say this but, have you ever played with black? Because you're cuts are bad and you additions are worse. Thanks for trying to help but I'm not sure what you're going for here. Cut Nether Traitor and Bloodghast, both creatures that can recur themselves though out the entire game? Demon of Dark Schemes is another Massacre Wurm and Damnation? Really? I was sort of with you on stuff to add until Delraich. Delraichand Demon of Death's Gate are both sac outlets, which is OK, but it only works for casting them, also, they have no utility for anything except being beaters, which I can't stand. I don't like any of the Poxes, mostly because they're one time effects that are also, they're semectrical, which I can't stand. Descent into Madness...no. Just no.

Again, thank you, I really do appreciate it, but what I envision the deck to be and what you recommend don't mesh.
>>
>>51162844
Hey I understand, I'm looking at it like my endrek deck, no offense taken, hope you got something out of my suggestions at least!
>>
>>51162883
A few things, thanks for trying at any rate.
>>
>>51162455
>>51162822

take out:
>zulaport cutthroat
this creature is just utter trash outside of infinite combo.
>Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
doesn't really do anything in your deck
>Bloodsoaked Champion
kinda goofy. i don't think he's worth it

>Fireshrieker
>Dauthi Embrace
>Lashwrithe
>Nightmare Lash
>Sword of Vengeance
>Trailblazer's Boots
i don't think these things are worth it. your strength in monoblack lies in your ability to kill literally everything on board and reanimate your shit for pennies. why bother giving your guy unblockable, trample or double strike when you can just smash the entire board to smitheroons with a necromantic selection and then smack some kid for 30 damage from all the dead creatures?

>Mutilate
it will smash your yahenni even whe's indestructible. replace with crux of fate.

>No Mercy
no one will be attacking you if you're playing your deck right and killing everything relevant. either replace with a board wipe or draw (to thin your deck)

>Phyrexian Reclamation
too low value. replace with strands of night.

here's my deck that you can look at for ideas, but i should say that it's not optimized for maximum power. it runs a bunch of "fun but not that great" cards like grave betrayal, black market, blood artist and coffin queen because i have nowhere else to put them and because this is supposed to be a "have fun" kind of deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-01-17-rules-of-nature/
>>
>>51162951
>>51162455
oh, noticed a couple more cards i don't really like with yahenni

>overseer of the damned
costs a billion mana and has a lackluster effect. he's fun but i don't know if he's worth it.

>sheoldred
kinda slow. she just never works out for me, gets removed before my upkeep

>Ogre Slumlord
kind of high mana cost for his purpose. your rats won't do much. i'd cut this for a good etb creature
>>
>>51162822
>>51162951
>>51163022
Thank you for your help! Took alot of your suggestions and made a few cuts. Only 11 more cards.to go! Also, part of the reason I didn't have more reanimation stuff in the deck is because Reanimator has died a cold, harsh death in my playgroup. Even though EVERYONE plays black in my playgroup, they all mainboard, as a rule, Bojuka Bog, Tormod's Crypt, and Relic of Progenitus. It fucking sucks. That being said, even if I can't run the fun stuff, I don't really need to worry about anyone's graveyard except my own, which is fine.
>>
File: tresserhornlord_final2.png (3MB, 1601x1481px) Image search: [Google]
tresserhornlord_final2.png
3MB, 1601x1481px
Asked my friend to draw a new picture for my Lord of Tresserhorn deck. Looks pretty good for something he does in his freetime
>>
>>51163237
his pose is a bit weird but that's pretty good
>>
File: da boy.png (179KB, 240x344px) Image search: [Google]
da boy.png
179KB, 240x344px
>>51163237
Looks good, but familar.
>>
File: feature61l.jpg (152KB, 620x482px) Image search: [Google]
feature61l.jpg
152KB, 620x482px
>>51163253
Supposed to look like this:

But i like the nekusar look.
>>
>>51163271
Hey there isn't anything wrong with it, I like it over the original art.
>>
>>51163237
looks alright but i think it should look more decrepified and less plastic, kinda like the original
>>
File: 911.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
911.png
182KB, 442x341px
Self-respecting playgroups ban each general that originated in a Commander supplement.
>>
So I want to build a "heavy play" tribal deck

Which commander would for fit this the best
>>
>>51163612
Only the ones from 2013.
>>
>>51160813
OP you're a lazy fuck and you should refrain from making new threads.
>>
>>51163709
You play a Giant TribaKidding, don't do it. Scion of the Ur-Dragon Dragon Tribal enables big plays by one shotting people with a Dragon Tyrant as well as having a healthy toolbox to play with.

Bow of Nylea is tech in that deck.
>>
>>51161001
>>51161026
This is from the EDH reddit
>>
File: 1484198034374.png (901KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484198034374.png
901KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
Ayyy time to repost my favorite artifact goblin
>>
>gray merchant etb drains 45 life on turn 7
>cauldron of souls, do it again

well ok
>>
>>51163808
When I said "heavy play" tribal, I meant I want to buy every card in the deck damaged or heavily played
>>
>>51163985
You should get in touch with the HP+++ Platinum Angel Anon.
>>
File: runescarred.jpg (855KB, 1536x2560px) Image search: [Google]
runescarred.jpg
855KB, 1536x2560px
>>51163985
wanna buy my rune scarred demon? 15 bucks
>>
File: 8liW1A7bZFll.jpg (32KB, 594x325px) Image search: [Google]
8liW1A7bZFll.jpg
32KB, 594x325px
>>51164113
How does this even happen? I get a crease or two, or even some chipped edges, but this is just horrific.
>>
>>51164235
He probably did it on purpose so it looks "scarred".
>>
File: Koth.jpg (849KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
Koth.jpg
849KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
>>51163985
Crease your cards down the center for easier riffle shuffling.
>>
you think they will ever reprint doubling season?
>>
>>51164235
>>51164242
i got it by ordering a "played" card on from a friendly german powerseller on magic card market. i sent him a message and he begrudgingly refunded me half the card's value and still argued that it was "played" condition in his opinion
>>
>>51164302
Yup, right after it gets banned, as it should have been almost a year ago.
>>
>>51164113
I'll give you 3
I actually kinda like the look
>>
File: xenagos.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
xenagos.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>
>>51160945
>>
>>51164303
You could have forced a full refund honestly, the website has a guide to what's considered damaged, this definitely is.
>>
>>51164456
i probably should have, but i just wanted to be done with the sale at the time so i accepted the half refund
>>
what are some good basic lands (as in card art) to go into a
trostani deck?
>>
>>51164455
>that fucking file name
Solid advice I wish I listened to. It's bad when the cockshaped mushrooms are the most PG thing in the search.
>>
I wana build a vampire tribal Old olivia deck what are some must have vamps (full deck suggestions welcome to)
>>
>>51164632
The absolute must haves:
-Bloodline keeper
-Stromkirk captain
-Kalitas, traitor of ghet.
-Captivating vampire (for his sole lord effect, his activated ability is just the cherry on top)
-Bloodlord of vaasgoth
-Vampire Nocturnus
-Nirkana revenant
-Malakir Bloodwitch (some people will tell you this card is bad, its not. It can make you gain a ton of life, which you will need if you run cards like necropotence)
-Butcher of Malakir
-Blood artist (things are always dying in edh, why not ping somebody and gain some life while it happens)
>>
>>51164632
Now for some non-creature recommendations:

-Torpor orb: most vampires dont have ETB's so why not hose decks that do.
-Bloodchief ascension: your opponents can even activate this card for you without knowing it, but you will be the one reaping its benefits. It can draw lots of hate, so be careful.
-Necropotence: One of the best cards in the format. Just run this card.
-blade of the bloodchief: not a fan of equipments in general, but this one is cheap and ir has some crazy synergy.
-chandra's ignition: this one may come as a surprise, but vampires can get pretty huge with +1/+1 counters. A big vampire detonated at the right moment can swing the game in your favor.
-basilisk collar: just amazing with Olivia or with any flying creature
>>
>>51164740
>>51164897
Not that I really care, but why couldnt this be one post?
>>
>>51164909
I aesthetically dislike biblical-sized posts.
>>
>>51164632
Run tainted strike, vampires get big quickly. Also, you can use it on opponent's creatures when they're attacking other opponents for instant speed blowouts.
>>
File: 1482912127205.jpg (34KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1482912127205.jpg
34KB, 467x350px
>mfw I have a fear of ashnod's altar getting banned so I haven't bought any as a result
>>
>>51164990
The problem is that instead of explaining what you're doing, you just randomly listed vampires. Giant posts are fine if they're well formatted, and I would know, but lists are usually really monolithic.
>>
>>51165102
Ashnods wont get banned because it's an essential piece to like half the generals that exist.

Doubling season is 10x more banworth.
>>
>>51162667
Is she fun?
I want to make phyrexian flavored decks and she is my favorite.
>>
>>51165105
I didnt randomly listed vampires. He asked for some staple vampires and I gave him some, with an explanation on the ones who are not so staple-ish, so to speak.
>>
>>51165223
Yes, but that's all information you can find on EDHrec, and you didn't explain any of the theory behind what you're doing. Teach a man to fish and all that. You didn't even list anything THAT spicy, just format staples and generic cards.
>>
>>51161879
>One friend playing Riku burn
>Other friend playing Progenitus Maze's End
>Activates Maze to win
>Burn player triple casts Price of Progress and kills him in response

Price is the best counterspell.
>>
>>51163612
>Banning our monogreen lord and savior Titania

I've been playing her as stax and goddamn it's fun. You don't know true joy until you land a Living Plane with a Cursed Totem.
>>
>>51165278
First the problem was that it could've been a single post. Then the problem is that the list is random. After that, the problem is that I didnt provide the theory behind what im doing.

It looks like you're arguing for the fuck of it.

Anyway, its a vampire tribal deck, you dont need an astrophysicist to figure it out. Get some strong vampires, a little bit of artifact ramp, some synergy, and go to town.
>>
File: skeptical-woman.jpg (426KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeptical-woman.jpg
426KB, 1440x900px
>>51165426
No, you completely missed the point.

If you're going to make a long post, format things well and it's not so bad. If you're going to help someone build a deck, explain the reason behind what you're doing so they can fill in the gaps with alternatives, depending on their library. If you're not going to do either, don't be a pretentious fuck about it.

Finally, if someone's giving you criticism, and you feel like you really need to act like a bitch, at least read their post carefully. Like I said in my original post, instead of explaining what you're doing, you just randomly listed vampires, and if you explained the theory behind what you were doing, you can THEN mention specific things that fill mechanical niches.

Otherwise? You're just a charlatan that knows a few cards.
>>
>>51164632
Don't forget tribal cards like coat of arms and door of destinies.
>>
File: newzuri.png (2MB, 1596x650px) Image search: [Google]
newzuri.png
2MB, 1596x650px
>>51160945
>>
>>51165660
Not sure what the Eric Andre show has to do with edh
>>
>>51165660
I think Sage of Hours needs to be bigger.

Most of the time when I play Ezuri it's 90% Sage of Hours, 10% actually fun +1/+1 synergy.
>>
>>51165679

I expected a lot of snakes and me asking inappropiate things to other players
>>
File: SHREKKERS.jpg (328KB, 1596x618px) Image search: [Google]
SHREKKERS.jpg
328KB, 1596x618px
>>
>>51165660
my nigga you know what you need on the what you got a kalonian hydra my friend
>>
>>51165723

It's on the way if the guy I bought it from in magiccardmarket actually sends the fucking thing
>>
>>51165716
I see
>>
File: 1484196964066.png (613KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484196964066.png
613KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
>>51165555
Sorry if i sounded pretentious. What I mean to say is that you dont need an overarching theory to brew a tribal deck. You could have one, and the deck could certainly be better or more flavorful, but if you just made "vampire tribal feat. generic goodstuff" the deck is going to work decently. With that in mind, I listed some vampires who I think are obvious must haves, and who in my opinion dont require an explanation (you dont need someone to tell you why a Bloodline keeper is good in a vampire tribal, right?). I also provided an explanation where i deemed one was necessary.
>>
>>51164322
>>51165172
Guess who go btfo by a superfriends deck.
>>
>>51165834
Jesus christ just shut the fuck up, both of you. The guy asking for help hasnt even replied back yet you two keep on arguing. This is some next level autistic shit.
>>
>>51165834
>overarching theory
>tribal deck

Outside of like combo tribes like elves and goblins, most tribal decks are "slam good creatures in that tribe, slam tribal effects, slam EDH staples, and there you go." Like vampires just kinda suck (no pun intended), there's nothing really "cute" to do with them compared to elves or goblins which can combo or have cool synergy occasionally.
>>
File: rekt.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
1MB, 1596x630px
i luv u mazzy
>>
File: WhatIGot_Sydri.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIGot_Sydri.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
>>51166007
I know tribal decks dont need much theory. Its exactly what I said in my post.

Yeah, vampires are not as good as other tribes. Ocassionally tho, things go your way and you have 3-4 10/10 giant flying vampires and you're smacking everyone around and you sleep like a baby afterwards.
>>
File: doran.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
doran.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Just threw this together, anyone care to offer their opinion/ critique of it?

I want to keep the treefolk subtheme, but some of the weaker ones could be replaced.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/doran-the-big-butt-1/
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1594x636px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1594x636px
>>51160945
>>
File: daxos.png (1MB, 1596x649px) Image search: [Google]
daxos.png
1MB, 1596x649px
>>
>>51166285
>>shit tier
Daxos
>>The thing you wanted tier
Teysa, Orzhov scion
>>
>>51166321

I expected my enchantments to matter.

I was wrong.
>>
What are the best tribals for EDH?
>>
>>51166376
RHINO
>>
>>51166362
>>Stax
Brago , Derevi , Karador , Augustin
If you want something between competitive and fun , go with teysa orzhov scion .
I personally play Eggs Sharuum (google it ) but its a combo deck
>>
>>51166217
What's that card in the upper-right of "What I got"?
>>
>>51166285
Yeah I dont doubt that at all. Ghost dad should have been the face of the b/w deck, but without an experience counter gimmick I understand it being Daxos.
>>
>>51166362
Elf
>>
>>51166413
Meant to reply to >>51166376
>>
File: 230.jpg (64KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
230.jpg
64KB, 336x469px
>>51166404
>>
>>51166173
>>51166007
To be fair, explaining a "vampire tribal" as a beatdown deck is misleading. You could run a madness/discard matters theme, you could run a grave pact style token sacrifice theme, you could even run a thematic lifelink damage sort of thing.

As a new player, if someone says "just throw in good creatures in that tribe with some staples" you wind up with a 5.42 CMC abomination filled with complicated devotion and a nonsensical strategy. Just because someone wants a tribal doesn't mean they don't want a good deck, and no amount of door of destinies/obelisk of urd is going to fix that.
>>
File: 248.jpg (57KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
248.jpg
57KB, 336x469px
>>51166402

How's pic related? Seeing >>51166436 makes me want to try stax with him, bouncing him to cast expensive things and so on
>>
File: 1483200322441.jpg (18KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483200322441.jpg
18KB, 225x225px
>>51166436
That's some habenero spicy nonsense, particularly with Hellrider, Beastmaster Ascension and Five Alarm Fire.
>>
>>51166477
Do you have a given budget ?
>>
>>51166509

I'm looking at what cards are usually played with him and it's probably outside of my budget anyways
>>
File: sharuum.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
sharuum.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
>>
File: commandersv2.png (5MB, 4066x1974px) Image search: [Google]
commandersv2.png
5MB, 4066x1974px
>>51166622
Post em as well.

Oh, and for the anon in the last thread:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/04-01-17-the-factory/
>>
>>51166376
Clam.
>>
File: really.jpg (52KB, 464x276px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
52KB, 464x276px
Just for your information:

>Atraxa is now $25 dollars
>$4 more expensive than demonic tutor
>$8 more expensive than Sensei's Divining Top
>$15 more expensive than Grave Pact
>$5 more expensive than Nu Kalitias
>between $19 and $21 dollars less than Doubling Season
>>
>>51163612
Derevi is mai waifu and I just want to beat with her, other generals are more powerful beaters so it is fair right?
>>
>>51161063
>EDH isn't for you if you can't handle not playing the best cards possible every deck
Spot the baby who goes mad because his decks lose to a good deck
Learn to play
>>
>>51166376
Goblin or Elephant
>>
>>51164235
Might be water damage, some of mine look like that after pulling them apart. Will take pics when I get home
>>
>>51166792
Atraxa is shit, breya is much better
>>
>>51166555
Well you see gaddock is quite intricate but can be built in a budget way as every other commander can . I started with a 40 $ sharuum deck and added 20$ and got it to a level where i could win in casual table. After some time , my deck is now approx at 350$+ . But you can pull-off any deck type and simply add cards you need to buy that mage huge upgrades.
>>
>>51166918
Yes, $3.45 worth of "better".
>>
>>51166792
Give it a year and the deck will be easy to find for msrp. Every year the chase deck loses its value. Hell, the chase decks from 2013 are available today for barely above the original msrp.
>>
>>51166949
>Impliying breya can't just kill atraxa with her ability
>Impliying breya can't just win on turn 3
You just got memed
>>
>>51166976
To be fair, Meren topped out at $10, and right now atraxa spiked to $30 this past week.

>>51167003
>opinions
Market dictates value, scrub.
>>
File: IMG_4213.jpg (92KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4213.jpg
92KB, 500x453px
>>51166708
Thanks senpai!
>>
>>51166918
An incredibly true statement, but its not going to stop people wanting to satisfy their school girl giggling Superfriends Boners.

4 Atraxa decks in my LGS meta. All Superfriends. No variation. Never before have I meta'd against my LGS so hard by putting in Hex Parasite/Thief of Blood/Vampire Hexmage/Volation Reins/Dragonlord Silumgar in any deck that can run them.
>>
>>51167038
Just like tarmogoyf is 150$ and only sees play on jund and junk, or serum vision was like ten dollars while brainstorm was 1. Or maybe like bitterblossom is 20 bucks and sees 0 play? Mtg market is just speculation
>>
File: 646.jpg (1MB, 2564x1456px) Image search: [Google]
646.jpg
1MB, 2564x1456px
>>51166708
would you like to share that Karrthus list?
>>
>>51166057
Mazirek is the most fun I had with a sac commander.

Unfortunately, after a single game with my group, they realized 'going off' means destroying everyone else's board, which means they need to spot remove him every single time I play him.

That, and infinite combo with Puppetteer and Primordial is not fun to play against.
>>
>>51167083
>mfw I only got breya and yidris because I didn't think they would become meme decks

I was half correct, but my breya doesn't go infinite because I don't want to lose my group. I took yidris from wheels and made it timmy as fuck
>>
>>51167093
working on it. I'm actually in the middle of uploading my entire collection to tappedout, it may take a day to get that list up.
>>
>>51167090
Jace the Butthole sculptor only sees play in like 3 decks and only a 2 of in most of those AND is banned in the most popular eternal format.

Yet is still $50. At least Goyf sees play in a lot of decks in eternal.
>>
I have a ton of expensive black reanimator pieces and no commander to use them in.

Is there a Reanimator Commander that isn't ludicrously expensive that also does not require a ridiculously expensive deck to form it around?
>>
>>51167227
Alesha?
>>
>>51167227
what kind of cards

you can probably build kokusho with them, he's deceptively cheap to build
>>
>>51167265
Oh shit, son. I always thought Alesha was cmc 2 or less, not power 2 or less

This changes EVERYTHING
>>51167343
Entomb, Exhume, Reanimate, Animate Dead, Buried Alive... basically most reanimate cards that aren't above CMC 3
>>
>>51167090
I call bullshit . Goyf is a powerhouse and is not 150$ its mostly 100 euro which is around 107$ at this point . Goyf sees play in jund in modern and in Shardless BUG 4-c Delver and a lot of other tier 2 decks but a card that is an auto-include 4x in 3 tier one decks is something that is quite powerful . I would agree if Goyf was 70$ but the extra buck is for the low amount of physical copies out there .
>>
>>51167227
You've got plenty of options, just depends on what you want to build specifically and what colors you want to be in.
Starting at the lowest overall cost, difficulty to assemble, and (in some cases) power, I'd suggest Gonti- abuse his ETB by using him as sacrifice-and-reanimate fuel as much as you can. If you don't want to go mono, Grenzo makes for a decent reanimator (though you probably don't have the artifact parts on hand)... Most Golgari generals work outside of Varolz.

In three-color, Sidisi is a decent choice, so is Alesha, and if you've got the right cards/desire to play her, Queen Marchesa can work well as a reanimator. Marchesa, the Black Rose is such a good reanimator that you won't actually need too much extra reanimation, hence my suggestion for her Mardu version.

Alesha's also a decent choice.
>>
>>51163612
Do you mean the one on the front of the box? Sure. I can see that. You lose zedruu and Mimeoplasm but all others "losses" are acceptable.

Do you mean every new legendary creature that came out of the box? No. Not cool. Some of the secondary commanders are pretty neat and aren't inherently degenerate. In fact a lot of them are effect exist anyway but are now just more streamlined.

When will Wizards stop printing things that fuck with the commander experience so hard? They've shown they can make cool cards for commander that have nothing to do with fucking with the command zone. C11 did it. The Secondary/tertiary commanders all seem fine. What's the dealio rogelio?
>>
File: Guess My Favorite Colour.png (919KB, 1200x706px) Image search: [Google]
Guess My Favorite Colour.png
919KB, 1200x706px
>>51166708
>Post em

I think next paycheck I will drop a hundred or two on a boros skeleton for the groupslug deck I want to make.
>>
Should I sell my Atraxa? I never intend to actually play her since 4c is stupid and gay, and the rest of the deck is already gutted.
>>
I'm totally unsure what to do next as far as deckbuilding goes and the brews I'm working on at the moment are going nowhere. I have an absolute shitload of possible commanders, four concurrent brews, and no idea what to actually build. Right now, I've got the following ideas in my head:
Varolz's 30-Minute Workout (Pretty standard Varolz build, except it also runs Vhati Il-dal and some -X/-X stuff.
Ruric Thar Goodstuff-ed With Creatures (pretty standard Ruric Thar build with a small amount of land-matters theming.
Yasova's Legendary Party: A legendary deck, in that it'll run as many legendary creatures as I can pack into it. Short list includes Ulrich, Tana, Jhoira, Jori En, Rashmi, and Edric, though I'd really love to get a couple of the real Temur powerhouses (Maelstrom, Animar) even if Yasova is the commander. Might also end up absorbing my potential Ruric and Rashmi lists and becoming some kind of amalgam of those.
>>
>>51168180
Yeah. I don't think she's going to stay this expensive forever.
>>
>>51168180
Eh, give it a month or two. If it hits $50, sell it right away.
>>
Anyone got secret tech for Jaya Ballard. This is the deck i'm planning on building so far. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jaya-ballards-eternal-flame/

Also what's the best way to go about getting an alter done?
>>
File: IMG_2310.jpg (148KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.jpg
148KB, 464x664px
Is this card really good or am I just stupid?
>>
>>51168427
why not just run skullclamp?
also anyone got a sub 50 meme decklist?
any color, I just want a cheap meem deck to piss my friends off with
>>
>>51168443
Because i'm building a non blue voltron deck ( zurgo) so I don't have a bunch of creatures to sac nor to do have access to blue for card draw.
>>
>>51167083
Don't forget aether snap and garruk, apex predator.
>>
>>51168427
Better than Rouge's Gloves
>>
>>51168636
Fucking Rogue's Gloves I mean
>>
File: 1481221421001.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481221421001.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>>51167131
started literally only playing him when i have boots to protect him
>their face when i have grave pact and DICKtate of erebos out
>>
>>51161139
This is literally my long term monetary dream right here.
>>
File: edhtemplate.png (805KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
edhtemplate.png
805KB, 1596x630px
o we're reposting these?

i'm going to try and make ones for my other commandeers too
>>
>>51166105
>& Knuckles
I don't understand
>>
File: jori.png (987KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
jori.png
987KB, 1596x630px
>>
File: zorgoholmsmoshor.png (732KB, 1596x932px) Image search: [Google]
zorgoholmsmoshor.png
732KB, 1596x932px
>>
File: free wins.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
free wins.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>
>>51169156
>I thought Jori En was a glum child in a swimming pool but instead it was a happy senior fisherman
>>51169223
My Zurgo deck is currently "glass cannon" status itself, do you have a list for yours? Once Zurgo gets removed it's just over.
>>
File: WatIplay Lazav.png (1012KB, 1596x634px) Image search: [Google]
WatIplay Lazav.png
1012KB, 1596x634px
Why is Lazav the best Dimir Commander?

I played Phenax for two years, starting as my first commander, and he was just janky mill combos.

Maybe it is that Lazav fits better in my meta and can play more reactively in a fun way.

Anyone have any good tech for it? I can't decide on what to do at the high end of my curve.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lazav-clone-shark/
>>
>>51169256

I thought I wouldn't go deep, but then
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Cousteau
>>
>>51169290
Ah, fuck. I figured I should have recognized the guy.
It still doesn't explain much. What's "going deep" here?
>>
>>51169303

activating jori's ability in every player's turn, drawing a pretty sizable chunk of my library and storming off
>>
>>51169256

Not him, but I'm in theorycrafting status for my own, and I've decided to add in some counter spells. Imp's Mischief, Not of this World,and Rebuff the Wicked can save Zurgo if available.
>>
File: gitgud.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
1MB, 1596x630px
YES I AM UPSET
>>
>>51169232
To explain, I wanted to make a strong artifact deck but then I just kept just stumbling into combos that I hadn't realized I had put into the deck.
>>
>>51168345
I built her as a tiny leader for however long that was a thing.

Collective Defiance seems good.

I'd put more rituals in, especially mana geyser. With all the copy effects you could get close enough to infinite to win with an X spell.

Flashback & Madness cards seem great.
>>
File: Azami.png (2MB, 1596x628px) Image search: [Google]
Azami.png
2MB, 1596x628px
I just wanted to make a control deck with a lot of counterspells and a bit of a wizard tribal theme, then it became a high tide deck.
>>
>>51169417
He's a tried a true spike commander, so people are probably going to feel threatened by you.
>>
File: 1404034944736.gif (909KB, 400x361px) Image search: [Google]
1404034944736.gif
909KB, 400x361px
>>51169469
Thanks. That wasn't completely obvious at all, you just saved me an hour of thinking.
>>
File: tails.png (1MB, 1596x711px) Image search: [Google]
tails.png
1MB, 1596x711px
like 80% of the times I win is clearing the table with worldslayer + twilight shepherd
>>
>>51169488
>I just wanted to make a control deck with a lot of Counterspells
Then play Talarand Control + Anthems

If you really want wizard you can use the proteus staff and polymorph to cheat them out but you would be better off with heavy hitters and board changers.
>>
File: 1493i235.jpg (150KB, 1000x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1493i235.jpg
150KB, 1000x1195px
>>51169538
>splendid reclamation + ob nixxy the land lad
>>
>>51165173
She's got ups and downs. She costs a lot and gets targeted fast. If you play stax, she does pretty well, since she is just value and you have a million mana to keep her out. Plus, she does kill people with combat damage rather expeditiously.
>>
I want to make an alternative wincon/stax deck, but can't decide whether to make WU or WUG.
G gives me access to Biovisionary, which would be really easy to hit with Rite of Replication, but going WU would have more focus.
Thoughts?
So far I'm just piling up on Soul Prison, Propaganda effects, Possessed Portal, and so on.
>>
>>51164113
Now he's really scarred.
Because you ran the card through your fucking washing machine.
>>
>>51169769
Green also gives you helix pinnacle and epic struggle.
>>
File: 1484253790056528014119.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1484253790056528014119.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>51166886
Shitsucks
>>
>>51169737
Do you usually cast her asap or once you get a pretty good boardstate going?
>>
File: pepe1.jpg (25KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
pepe1.jpg
25KB, 306x306px
>tap boompile
>it doesnt do anything

this game sucks
>>
>>51170284
>summoning trap
>literally all lands
>>
I want to get into commander, but I don't know if I should get one of the newest decks, or brew one for myself, with a budget limited to what the precon deck would cost.

Suggestions?
>>
>>51170826
Find a legendary you like, build a deck around it.

D O N E.

That's how I did it, with Old Teysa.
>>
>>51170826
With a limited budget, I'd start by getting the precon of your favorite color combination, then go and buy $20-40 worth of singles. However, don't limit yourself to the commanders inside the precon you bought, although most of them are pretty good.
>>
>>51170826
>budget limited to what the precon would cost
What is your collection like?

unless you have alot of stuff to work with i would just go with a precon, but don't just pick the newest one look at all the reasonably priced pre-cons and find a commander or colors that you like and don't be afraid to swap out cards for stuff you like more
>>
>>51170826
>>51170846
Alternatively you could try to find a archetype you like playing and try to narrow down commanders down from which support that possible archetype.
>>
>>51171053
You can also just ask what good commanders are for whatever archetype you like playing, we'll only call you retarded a minimum of 4 times.
>>
>>51171082
>brew deck
>post it here for help
>one response
>"lol shit deck"
>>
>>51170826
If you buy any precon from any year it isnt focussed on a single commander and will be shitty, you will end up spending another 30-50 just focusing it on one of the commanders they gave you.

However you could take $50 and make a good casual deck for any commander.

Keep in mind, more colors more money. Landbases add up quick.
>>
>>51171095
can't speak for everyone but i don't personally try to criticize deck/archetypes i'm not familiar with. helping you with your deck isn't necessarily that easy
>>
>>51171112
my brother in law has a brago deck
the deck with the exception of land tax is literally 20 dollars
he regularly smashes 200+ dollar decks
>>
>>51171082
>>51171095
>>51170826
>>51170972

I don't usually condone it but Reddit is much more forgiving to new players posting for new brew list advice than here.

Figure out a playstyle, budget and look at some online resources then post wherever looking for advice.
>>
>>51171095
I usually try to provide constructive feedback but I am not here that often and can really only help with the sort of decks I am familiar with.
>>
>>51171170
This is not wrong, I would also suggest edhrec if you figure out what commander you want as it will give a list of most common cards played in decks with that commander, you can also look at recent decks created with that commander.
>>
>>51171141
Cool story? Brago can be an easily oppressive commander.

I don't see how that is relevant to my post.

Unless you are saying the deck besides land tax doesnt need an expensive land base and I definitely agree.

It is mostly 3 and 4 color decks that need to make sure they invest in properly in color fixing.

Since the latest precon came out all I hear are these idiots complaining their deck isn't quick enough or not good enough but they have the out of the box land base.

200 dollars doesn't exactly make a great deck either though
>>
>>51170846
>>51170972
>>51170976
>>51171053
>>51171082
>>51171112

Thanks for replying. My collection isn't really big, I have been buying a booster or two per new set since Time Spiral, I have a bunch of decks from which I can get some things, but nothing extremely good.

If I were to make a deck with a commander I like, I'd go with brago, it is useful yet cheap, and I might have some etb things to put in it.

I'm open to other commander's suggestions, I have had bad luck with legendaries since I got into magic and I have only pulled 4 or 5, none too fit for commander. Maybe Fumiko could work.
>>
>>51171211
just sayin u rite
janking a 50 dollar deck together is better than a precon
>>
>>51169256
>>51169371
Mana Tithe and Lapse of Certainity are auto-include for any Mardu Control suite
>>
>>51171209
To add to the edhrec suggestion remember that they are just the most commonly used cards and that the advanced filter option really helps weed out this cutesy fun builds. (Especially for precons)
>>
File: GLhalp.jpg (42KB, 733x363px) Image search: [Google]
GLhalp.jpg
42KB, 733x363px
>>51171234
>janking a 50 dollar deck together is better than a precon
Not him but not only is it better in play and practice but it will feel more personal too.
>>
>>51166436
That's high-level spice.
>>
>>51171211
>Since the latest precon....
That's what i try to tell people new to the format. But no one listens to guy with 4 years experience. How do I convince people to stick to dual or mono if they aren't willing to spend $40 - $200 on a mana base. Also something just really rubs me the wrong way about this years batch of precons. I was honestly cooler with Walker-Commander than 4 color.
>>
>>51166863
You sound like the kind of guy who cries when he loses to budget despite playing the best cards
>>
>brew first real deck
>proud of it, pretty strong
>friend blows money and specifically makes a deck to counter your commander
ok
>>
>>51171602
Your friend is just an asshole. There's nothing wrong with putting silver bullets in a deck for common strategy's but build a deck just to counter a deck your friend made is pretty lame. It's different when you have a large meta but counter decking amoingst friends is uncool.
>>
I've finally decided to command with Tromokratis
>>51170299
>tfw will never waifu general
>>
>>51163612
lol how bad can you be to believe this
>>
>>51171907
How bad can your playgroup be
>>
File: 1484153335633.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484153335633.png
345KB, 640x480px
>>51171602
>Brew first real deck, put in some pretty good combo's and synergies
>Literally every game I play I instakill at least one opponent with a combo out of nowhere
>People tell me I should play a more noob-friendly deck, even though this is my first deck

Well.
>>
Planning on upgrading my Yidris precon. Any suggestions? Must-includes or stuff like that?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/
>>
>>51171927
What makes you say that? I'm well aware of what a $1500 Prossh deck can do, and that's ok
>>
Do you comment on anything on Tapped Out? On stuff that's posted here? On random things that catch your eye?
>>
>>51172085
I used to when I was still interested in deckbuilding but these days I don't bother.
>>
File: Paradox Engine_AER.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Paradox Engine_AER.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
Anyone else planning stupid bullshit with pic related when AER comes out? Seriously, this thing is insane.
>>
I found midnight guard in my collection but I'm leaving it and presence of gong out though I am keeping altar of the brood
>>
>>51172009
The original post makes me say that but you are a vital component of your playgroup
>>
>>51172126
It's pretty crazy. I know one of my playgroup will buy one straight up if he doesn't get one in a box he'll probably buy.

It'll make that overloaded Vandal Blast all the sweeter.
>>
Hey can anyone give me tips for my new deck I'm working on http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesas-enchantment-pillowfort/
>>
>>51172160
Are you one of those people who hate any kind of competitive deck or something? What's the problem with commander product generals?
>>
>>51172208
I wasn't trying to defend that post or be sarcastic, nor would I believe any self-respecting playgroup would ban any general, I dunno I've been drinking

Should I really keep a multicolor commander for a few good effects
>>
>>51172289
I feel like any question here is stupid because commander is about doing what you want
>>
File: 1484205927348.png (2MB, 1596x648px) Image search: [Google]
1484205927348.png
2MB, 1596x648px
>>
>>51168180

If Commander2016 gets a reprint, she'll tank.
Personally I would sell, but if they don't reprint she'll possibly go up a bit more.

She's gonna drop either way once the hype dies and we get closer to commander2017
>>
File: The gardeners.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
The gardeners.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
I picked up the Saskia the unuelding deck and ended up building it around making as many tokens as possible while buffing them up with the likes of Eldrazi monument and Drana.
>>
>>51172346
/general
>>
>>51172378
It's EMA all over again, this obviously their new strategy to sell secondary products, you have a few months to sell where it will probably go up
>>
>>51172175
Anyone playing Paradox Engine will win the same turn it comes out.
>>
>>51172126
why is this not fucking banned?
god i hate combo fags
>>
>>51172812
Because it hasn't even been released yet?
>>
>>51172812
It needs to be released first.

Then, when your meta is ashes, it has my permission to be banned.
>>
File: IMG_4251.jpg (92KB, 340x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4251.jpg
92KB, 340x484px
Anyone build 5c slivers and how was/is it? It looks cool but that mana base price would be up there.
>>
File: 87.jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
87.jpg
73KB, 312x445px
secret anti-omnath tech
>>
>>51173069
Avoiding Fetches, Shocks, and ABUR Duals (Cause I don't own any) I managed to make a rather cheap if mediocre manabase for my sliver deck.

I love it to death it's my most spikey deck simply because I'd wanted to build it for so long that when I was finally able to I started going all out ... minus the ridiculous landbase.
Can post a list if you like but I don't claim it's a perfect deck, far from it in fact.
>>
>>51173130
they'll just pay X
>>
File: jasmine boreal edh.jpg (321KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
jasmine boreal edh.jpg
321KB, 1596x630px
Vanilla EDH is where its at peepz
>>
>>51173159
nuh uh
>>
>>51172371
That actually seems rather accurate based on the fact that they were rulers and generals.
>>
>>51173166
if they have untapped lands and mana in the pool they will
>>
>>51173182
nyuh uh
>>
>>51172812

>People get this salty about people playing what they like

Wew lad.
>>
File: 8.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
8.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>51172812
>>
>>51173196
>t. combofag
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51173137
I would like to see a list if only for the mana base. Planning on building a Horde of Notions deck and am interested in seeing how a budget mana base would look.
>>
>>51173212

I bet you play more than 5 creatures don't you?
You sicken me.
>>
File: Drain Power.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Drain Power.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
>>51173130
How's this?
>>
>>51169650
I managed to kill my opponents with Gitrog by just using Skirge Familiar and Dakmor Salvage to fuel a lethal Exsanguinate.
>>
File: Mana Short.jpg (27KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Short.jpg
27KB, 226x311px
>>51173241
Or this
>>
>>51161139
>see this on road
>hit car
>car does full turn over in flaming wreck
>pull driver out
>driver asks "why did you do this?"
>reply "you have to sacrifice black lotus when you tap it"
>throw 3 lightning bolts at his face and walk away
>>
>>51173236
My original basis was 3 of each basic and 5 tri-taplands (I used the shards series but the khans series is another option). From there it basically turned into "as many any-color options as I can get" And whatever else I could pick up in the local playgroup through trades.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sliver-army-knife/
>>
File: Mana Short_7E.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Short_7E.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>51173130
Hell, let's just cut to the chase.
>>
>>51173397
see
>>51173264
>>51173241
>>
>>51173397
Also why post the shitty art.
>>
>>51173069
Without the expensive manabase, it's slow, but fun. I'm lucky my local meta (the two to four guys I play with) isn't a fast one to begin with. I am in the middle of updating this with more basics and less tap lands.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-skittering-horde/

Slivers will get you hated off some tables, though.
>>
>>51173241
Jesus gargleblasting batman, that's going straight into my sen triplets deck. How have I never seen this before.
>>
>>51173244
the deck is good and gitgud is a great commander, but dredge really wasn't my play style
i played the deck for about half a year and i literally never had gitrog + titania out at the same time during my upkeep
every single time one would get removed
>>
Do you guys think the legal Moxen are worth an include? I found a Chrome and an Opal in an old deckbox from my 60-card days and was considering finding space in Slobad
>>
>>51173526
Because it's a super weird card that's old, hasn't been reprinted in a long time, and hasn't seen play in anything real.
>>
>>51173526
Personally I like it in Mizzex since you can cast that and mana geyser to double up the value.
>>
>tfw cards aren't going to be here before the weekend
I am sad tonight.
>>
File: Jenara.jpg (481KB, 864x630px) Image search: [Google]
Jenara.jpg
481KB, 864x630px
How do people feel about Bant commanders?
>>
>>51173664
run it, call people faggots, and when they get upset at you tell them that they can't handle your bantz
>>
>>51173534
Gitrog for me is mostly speed-ramping by dredging/discarding to put out fatties quickly. Draw engine is great too with all that synergy of dredging in general.
>>
File: what I played-Sidisi.png (975KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
what I played-Sidisi.png
975KB, 1596x630px
>>
>>51173664
Either kill on sight, or fuck with relentlessly. If I'm playing kalemne I will usually hit them for 12-18 on turn 3.
>>
>>51174010
Forgot the initial post to reply on >>51160945
>>
>>51169538
And*
>>
Is Kruphix difficult to build?
>>
>>51173434
Are they that strong in edh? I figured creature based strats wouldnt be as powerful as more combo centric decks.
>>
>>51174010

pretty good
>>
>>51174779

You can always ramp into big fucking eldrazi, it's fun
>>
>>51172126
There's no way I can't put this in Breya.
>>
>>51174782
Not him but I've never had troubles keeping up with power level in my meta. A lot of their strength comes from their "support" so to speak and how smart you play them. Fastest win for me was T4 (Which I know isn't exactly impressive) and at that point I had access to every card in my deck and infinite damage production.
While it may not be as stable as GitGud Monstah or other higher-tier combo decks, it's a really fun combo shell to run with. They're fun and versatile and can be built either combo or aggro/damage based so that's at least why I enjoy them so much.
Plus it's fun sometimes to be the archenemy and watch your opponents sweat as your board state explodes. It's the only deck I have that does that to my friends so it holds a special place in my heart.
>>
>>51165426
>artifact ramp

Do you even Dark Ritual and Anowon?
>>
File: gwafa.png (843KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
gwafa.png
843KB, 1596x630px
>>51160945
This was a fun deck
>>
Some anon made a new thread a half hour ago and didn't link it

>>51174910
>>51174910

Thanks retard
>>
>>51175413
dont be a bully
>>
>>51166285
Speaking of Daxos, he's one of my 3 decks (the other two being Ezuri and Alesha). I picked him up for ten bucks from a guy quitting magic, and he's kind of fun to play- I've had some brutally oppressive rounds with friends where I lock down the board using the enchantments, but he's dull as an actual commander. What would a good BW enchantments matter replacement be?
>>
>>51170826
Find a guy you like, and brew away. Post here (and say that you made this post) and i'll come help
>>
>>51176056
I don't think there is one, Athreos is an enchantment i suppose.

You could add blue and go with Zur but he might be too strong for what you want
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.