[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 100

File: Sneks.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sneks.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Another Low Effort Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Soon we can grow up and lose these links
>>
>>51174910
Some of the Kamigawa legends are super rad
>>
File: en_0ZWDRrxtpY.png.jpg (36KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_0ZWDRrxtpY.png.jpg
36KB, 265x370px
snak
>>
File: 5JS7nHf.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5JS7nHf.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>51175625
hissssssssssssssssssss
>>
>>51175570
My buddy plays tribal snakes with a voltorn subthem and it is tons of funs.

He uses the UG snake commander from the precon but I cant remember his name right now.
>>
>>51175809
Kaseto.
>>
Any cool tech for Toshiro Umezawa?
Just stack good instants and sweepers? Anything cool, or fun you'd think would fit well?
>>
>>51174910
Rate? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/justice-is-blind-1/
>>
>>51176000
would play against/2
>>
Easiest and or cheapest Simic commander to build?
>>
>>51175822
Thats the one.

It is deceptively good for our tier two decks.
(Our group ranks all decks 1-3 base on power level)

It has all the snake legends like OP, Sakiko, Sachi and Sosuke.

We randomize our decks sometimes and it was really fun to pilot.

It has great card draw and with all the tribal support and some good equipments Kaseto gets commander damage pretty easily on at least one person.
>>
>>51176101
Edric, spymaster of trest.
Can be done for literally under $20
Just use any cheap evasion dudes and a few wincons
>>
Could Samurai or Ninjas make for a decent tribal?
>>
>>51175877
>Anything cool, or fun you'd think would fit well?

Kothophed, Soul Hoarder gives good value when you are casting multiple kill spells.

Withering Boon for that sweet face your opponent makes when you counter his commander (twice).

Sphinx-Bone Wand can probably get big but is weaker in multiplayer, still extra removal.
>>
>>51176154
Thanks. I really like those colors. I just hate that blue "staples" are so god awful expensive.
>>
File: Wretched Confluence_C15.jpg (55KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wretched Confluence_C15.jpg
55KB, 312x445px
>>51175877
Maybe all the Black cantripping instants?

I think some people have tried to build him with Storm.
>>
>>51176190
Decently casual sure.

In a budget build-off at my shop someone made mono-u ninjas with Higure, the Still Wind.

The shitty part about ninjitsu is you have to keep bouncing him back to your hand.

Luckily that isnt hard with blue.
>>
File: Bitter Ordeal_FUT.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Bitter Ordeal_FUT.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>51175877
?
>>
>>51174910
You realize we link the old threads so we can navigate the catalogue, right? Just fucking do it, or don't make new threads.
>>
>>51176265
But I don't care and it triggers autists like you
>>
>>51176000
I can't check, but is that Ruhan?! I think I gave you that name.
>>
>>51176305
You mean one of two people who make good threads? Fine, enjoy looking for the pasta in the archives when it autosages at some stupid hour, you negligent Fuck.
>>
Repostin from last thread cuz I need some feedback on this Yidris upgrade I was planning. What do you guys think?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-cascade-apprentince/
>>
File: Drain Power.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Drain Power.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
Post secret tech
>>
File: IMG_1991.jpg (50KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1991.jpg
50KB, 480x480px
>>51176308
Yeah, I'm the same anon. thanks again for the name.
>>
For my second deck I want to make Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme.

Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
Does mono red have enough protection for voltron?

My deck right now Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath that I got to start commander with but I am a bit tired of how its been playing lately.
>>
>>51176405
The fuck is the wording of the last sentence?
>>
>>51176428
>Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme.
It could work in a casual enviroment where Walker Ob is viable probably.

Have you considered running a deck with more than one color though?

They tend to have more dimension.
>>
>>51176413
I'm just hype someone cared about my silly names. I wish you much luck anon.
>>
>>51176444
Nvm, got it.
>>
File: IMG_3279.jpg (33KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3279.jpg
33KB, 300x225px
>blue cards used in this deck
>cyclonic rift
>>
>>51176444
you cant tap fewer than all opponents land

which is why the card is shit. If your opponent has any tapped lands it doesnt work.
>>
>>51176471
You can tap something that is already tapped. It just means you can't choose to only tap some of their lands.
>>
>>51176428
>Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
Any mono color deck is doable at that budget.

Go to edhrec and check him out I bet you can get a ton of good equipments and dragons and fit them into your deck.

Then it will just be a matter of testing it out and seeing what works.
>>
>>51176444
The oracle text is this:

Target player activates a mana ability of each land he or she controls. Then put all mana from that player's mana pool into yours.
>>
>>51176470
Cyclonic rift goes in every blue deck except thief
>>
>>51176428
>Rorix Bladewing with a Dragon Voltron theme
Don't do that to yourself. Trust me, it's not great.

Make Zirilan instead.
>>
Does anyone have an Ertai list? The esper one, he looks kinda fun
>>
>>51176696
Cyclonic rift is gay
>>
>>51176428
>Is that doable on a ~$200 budget?
This took me 10 minutes with edhrec and tapped out, have fun kiddo.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/drago-tron/
>>
>>51176849
Well, don't play it.

It's stupid not to, though.
>>
>>51177136
>put into your graveyard from your library
>from your library
>>
>>51177155
i saw now that i read it wrong
>>
>"Hey anon, your ghave deck is so cheap, I bet a monkey could win with it."
>he's playing counterspell talarand
>offer to switch decks for a match and play against each other
>he starts talking a big game about how skillful his combos are and how devastating his complicated game plan is
>first game, he gets off to a good start with some early ramp
>tries to play t4 Kalonian Hydra
>counter spell
>immediately tries to cast ghave next turn
>let it stick
>turn after he pops every single counter off ghave for all his mana
>I play fucking storm tide leviathan
>he laughs, scoops, and says he got off to a bad start
>game 2 I control magic his juniper order ranger and talarand my way to victory
>game 3 he spends 7 turns fucking around with combo parts, before calling my deck shit and giving up
>we swap back
>kill him t4 with ninth bridge patrol after comboing ghave with hardened scales and ashnods
Oh man, highlight of my life right there.
>>
>>51177220
>kill him t4 with ninth bridge patrol after comboing ghave with hardened scales and ashnods
How? Just hyperspeed commander damage?
>>
>>51177270
>Ashnods
>Ghave
T4 means he sacced a mana dork to get the ball rolling. Then 9th gets 2 counters, remove a counter to make a sap. Sac sap to Ashnods, repeat. He probably did it on the opponent's turn.

The fact that he let a T4 naked Ghave stick means he's bad.
>>
File: IMG_1843.jpg (46KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1843.jpg
46KB, 223x310px
>>51176405

Found her in my FLGS 50¢ and she is stupid good in my MonoB Stax. A nice alternative sac outlet to Viscera Seer and Ashnod's Altar.
>>
>>51177270
Simple, actually.

>t1 hardened scales
>t2, sol ring, harrow, ninth bridge patrol
>t3 Ghave
>t4 ashnod's, tap one land, pop a counter off ghave, sac it to ashnods, which adds 2 counters to ninth bridge and 2 mana, use 1 floating to pop another counter off ninth bridge, sac it to ashnods for 2 mana and 2 counters, pop a counter off ninth bridge, sacrifice it to ashnods for 2 mana and 2 counters, etc
>swing with 10,000/ 10,000 Ninth Bridge Patrol into an empty board with 10,000 1/1 tokens back, using the floating infinite mana to pull half of them off ninth bridge to buff the board
Admittedly, the mana ramp was all luck, and so was top decking good things, but it was still half knowing that all those moving parts will combo off together when I saw them in my hand.
>>
>>51177518
Ghave is fucking ridiculous and it's great
>>
>>51177535
Honestly, it's both the best deck I've ever built and I have so much fun using it, but people fucking hate playing against it, because it always feels like I win with some sort of fluke bullshit.

Bad players will think they're just unlucky, and let ghave actually hit the field. Good players know that the second ghave comes out, bad things are going to happen. Really good players will let ghave hit the field, chump block him, and blow up my token producers/sac outlets.
>>
File: cards.jpg (438KB, 2013x894px) Image search: [Google]
cards.jpg
438KB, 2013x894px
Anything good come in the mail today, /edhg/?
>>
>>51177620
>it always feels like I win with some sort of fluke bullshit
That's pretty much Ghave in a nutshell. He combos with everything and it feels like a fluke, but I've let people play my Ghave deck and they've said "what the fuck did I just draw into," he's just a disgusting combo enabler
>>
>>51177657
>Madblind Mountain
For what purpose?
>>
>>51177688
Use Scroll Rack to get a new hand and shuffle away the crap one
>>
>>51177677
The thing about ghave is, the deck can win without him in a number of ways, and the combos he sets up are just the generate cherry on top. He's also in disgusting removal colours, +1/+1 golgari decks are already very strong, and he has access to all that kick ass GW token tech.

Personally, I think he should be banned, but I'm not complaining until he is.
>>
File: 1414716628760.jpg (42KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
1414716628760.jpg
42KB, 640x390px
How much artifact/enchantment removal do you figure your decks ought to have?
>>
>>51177657
I work in a card shop, so yeah, lots of shit came in the mail today. Nothing for me though.
>>
File: 235982502385.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
235982502385.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>Playing at my FLGS
>Playing Kamahl, Fist of Krosa against Jank, Unsleeved Atraxa Superfriends, another Atraxa, Jenara, and Kynaios.
>Superfriends player is going on and on and how he's going to go off once he plays Doubling Season.
>Jenara player counters Doubling Season.
>He pouts a bit and keeps on playing cheap planeswalkers.
>He says we're fucked once he starts ulting behind his Fog Bank.
>Jenara plays Elesh Norn which kills any of the Superfriends player's defenses.
>Jenara beats his walkers to death.
>He keeps on about how if Doubling Season wasn't countered, he'd have won.
>While he's still being obnoxious about how fucked we'd be, I ask how many lands he has.
>He looks puzzled and says 5.
>"So, I'm going to pay five green and animate your lands."
>He looks confused and then remembers Elesh Norn.
>Mfw
>Mfw blowing up Elesh Norn and then hitting the rest of the table for 200+ damage to win.
God, it was so satisfying. Fuck Superfriends.
>>
>>51177826
How much do you run?

I personally always have "some", but it's dependent on many factors. Every deck has at least 2 or 3, but I generally build decks prioritizing proper land ramp, card draw, and fancy creatures. It would be fair to say that removal, particularly noncreature removal, is a weakness in my arsenal, and outside of just throwing down a board wipe, I don't include very much.
>>
>>51177826
I run allay in my superfriends_tokens.xls deck and a strong hope that I don't need it in Cromat-Voltron. Both are usually over kill or I never need it.

>>51177890
>Fuck Superfriends.
I don't blame you. I don't actually have a win con in my. I just make a million counters on things then see if I can break the highscores before someone kills me.
>>
>>51177945
>How much do you run?
Too much, I think. I just dislike the thought of not having an answer to something, and I've noticed that artifacts and enchantments, if not enough people have packed removal for them, can be a real pain in the ass. The problem, of course, is when packing 6 enchantment/artifact removal spells means you don't draw whatever it is you actually need.
>>
>>51177657
>cards wont get here till Saturday
>Counterbalance, Leyline of Sanctity, Oblivion Stone, Treachery, and Path to Exile for Hanna Super Friends
>Pact of Negation, Sheoldred, Whispering One and Vendilion Clique for Lazav
>Strip Mine for Jhoira
>Boseiju, Who Shelters All for Memnarch

I recently traded/sold a bunch of GW and BW staples I was saving to fuel my currently built decks.

Kind of wish I made my Newzuri deck better but it may be a good idea to have a calmer deck just in case.
>>
>>51177890
>Unsleeved Atraxa Superfriends

how barbaric
>>
>>51178017
That's funny, I know exactly what you mean. What kind of decks do you run?

I guess my philosophy is to wait until late game to nuke things with the occasional piece of spot removal. As a deck builder, I tend to make things that are very weak on the first few turns, but get progressively stronger as I'm allowed to build up a board. Because of this, I always pack as much draw/ramp as I can in hopes of winning through tempo, and my removal is really only to stop someone's tempo for a turn.

Unfortunately, that means I eat a lot of early hits as I'm building up my board, unless I have extreme magical christmasland, and I'd rather people play artifacts/enchantments because I think I can out-race most people, as long as they arent outright locking me down or killing me. If things get late game, I generally win because that means my opponents have wasted their removal in an attempt to out-pace me, but they still haven't taken me out of the game for whatever reason.
>>
File: my decks jan 2017.png (2MB, 1918x918px) Image search: [Google]
my decks jan 2017.png
2MB, 1918x918px
>>51178194
>What kind of decks do you run?
Here. Brion, Atarka, Gitrog, and Edric sound a lot like how you describe your own decks, in that they liked to build up dangerous boardstates. I'm more proactive than you are with artifacts/enchantment removal, though: if somebody has, say, a Blind Obedience that's annoying my Atarka deck, I want to have the means to remove it at hand ASAP.

I'm screwing around with Edric right now, which currently has:
>Reclamation Sage
>Trygon Predator
>Nullmage Advocate
>Fade into Antiquity
>Unravel the Aether
I just cut Nature's Claim, but I'm still not sure if 5 pieces is too many for a deck that maybe just ought to be focusing on counterspells.
>>
File: blue is for chumps.jpg (1MB, 2360x684px) Image search: [Google]
blue is for chumps.jpg
1MB, 2360x684px
Time for a late night POST 'EM BOYS

Working on Arcanis for blue
>>
File: edhgroup.png (3MB, 1500x2394px) Image search: [Google]
edhgroup.png
3MB, 1500x2394px
>>
>>51178540
oops wrong one, oh well.
>>
>>51177657
I'm picking up OG Ulamog, Heartless Hidetsugu and Bloodflow Connoisseur at my LGS when I play with my buddies after work tomorrow.
>>
File: Boros Signet.jpg (662KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Boros Signet.jpg
662KB, 3200x2400px
A few days ago an anon made a joke about all Boros commanders being so "Turn sideways" that they were interchangeable. I liked the idea and already had an Anax and Cymede deck, so I thought why not.

The plan is to have every Boros commander and randomly select one at the beginning of the game. Going for a token/voltron theme will work with it I think, but if anyone has some suggestions to help, let me know.
>>
>>51178808
Tokens in general seem much better than voltron for Boros, even if you wind up with Akari or whatever. I admire your idea, to be honest, but all I can say is that I really hope that running a card as mediocre as Razia won't just wind up screwing you over.
>>
File: My decks.jpg (756KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
My decks.jpg
756KB, 2000x1000px
>>51178471
10 million years in ms paint.
>>
>>51179009
She's actually the only Boros commander I don't have, so I don't even have her in. I'll try to make a decklist when I iron it out.

Boros is my favorite guild, and it kills me that making a functional EDH deck is so hard.

As for voltron it's really more equipment, as any commander I use will be best suited up.
>>
>>51179051
Yeah equipment/voltron and tokens seems like your best bet for the boros commanders, though Depala is definitely an outlier as she is the least turn sideways boros commander.
>>
>>51179102
Meant to say one of the least not the least.
>>
>>51179102
Shiiiiiit, I totally forgot Depala. And Muranda. They're so tribal I might just say fuck it even though I have them. I might pick up new Avacyn just to fill her in though.
>>
>>51179127
>Muranda
who?

just in case you want it here is a list of all the boros commanders (sans double sided)

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+[W]+[R]+![G]+![B]+![U]&type=+[%22Legendary%22]+[%22Creature%22]
>>
Looking for a green creature that returns creatures to hand.
>>
>>51179249
from where?
>>
>>51178808
Mass Land Destruction/Crucible of Worlds.dec

Do it. Make them fear The Legion.
>>
>>51179249
Temur sabertooth
>>
>>51179268
battlefield.

I'm looking for a way to return Genesis Hydra in Gruul because I can make infinite mana.

Gatherer is failing me though.
>>
>>51179277
>>51179284
thank you.
>>
>>51179284
Would cloudstone curio be optional?
>>
>>51179232
Munda, my bad
>>
How do I convince my group to run gy hate?
>>
>>51179284
EtB:
Ambush Krotiq

On Upkeep:
Roaring Primadox
Stampeding Serow
Stampeding Wildebeests

Paying mana:
Temur Sabertooth

These are the mono-green offerings, will update with gruul and red soon.
>>
>>51179342
Build something degenerate?
>>
>>51179284
Gruul
EtB:
Horned Kavu
Shivan Wurm
Sparkcaster

Mono-red
Upkeep:
Oni of Wild Places

In colorless you have cloudstone curio as well.
>>
File: 1483634781586.jpg (32KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
1483634781586.jpg
32KB, 640x484px
I'm a jank master. I build cheap, nifty, suboptimal decks, and there's nothing I like better than beating someone with a more expensive deck. My budget is usually between $100 and $200, though I do have much cheaper decks.

That being said, I want to build something around $500. Boros multi-commander anon gave me the idea to build a fancy Boros deck because the colour combo is bad enough to justify the expenditure.

What are some things I should include? I've never really built an expensive deck before. Do I just spend everything on fancy lands then call it a day?
>>
File: I'M DOING IT.jpg (6MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
I'M DOING IT.jpg
6MB, 4128x2322px
You mother fuckers made me do it

I'm building slobad
>>
>>51179524
>what is print screen?
>>
>>51179524
Sh-should I too? I have all those cards, and I am building a red deck...
>>
>>51179513
Land tax, scroll rack, linvalla 1.0,SFM+ all the swords &Jitte, and crucible of worlds should get you started

Recruiter of the guard, imperial recruiter, and ravages of war are more ideas
>>
File: 4real.png (98KB, 440x310px) Image search: [Google]
4real.png
98KB, 440x310px
>>51179524
>Condition: Damaged
>>
>>51179568
>he doesn't buy Chinaman
>>
>>51179513
mana crypt, mana vault, ancient tomb, wasteland, all that garbage
Who's the commander gonna be?
>>
>>51178391
>>51178194
I like to put as much versatility as I can in. I love shit like mortify, putrefy, maelstrom pulse, Anguished unmaking, beast within, etc. I've noticed artifacts and enchantments can be the most broken cards in edh so I always throw in lots of answers.

Also general post, I bought yidris but I'm not sure exactly what to do with him. I've already put in just about everything with cascade or delve but I'm not sure what else to include. I figure stuff that return cards to my hand like e witt and restock are good. Also some voltron stuff for evasion
>>
File: jhoiraoftheghitu.full.jpg (98KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
jhoiraoftheghitu.full.jpg
98KB, 240x345px
Is Jhoira fun to build?
>>
>>51179342
Run a highly optimized Gitrog or Meren Deck.
>>
File: slobad.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
slobad.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Ignore the non-foil slobad, its coming in the mail. This is my work so far!

>>51179536
You think I'm smart enough to print screen?

>>51179541
Let's take this journey together

>>51179568
The best way to enjoy magic:the gathering. I love worn cards.
I want to give these beat to fuck old artifacts indestructible w/ slobad, and I have wanted to build him for far too long

>>51179586
Sorry man I don't use fake cards, it's not an elitist thing either, I dont mind when people tell me their using chinamen AS proxies and wondering if it's cool. As soon as people try to pass them for the real shit is when it's embarrassing.

I would rather pay a fraction of the cost for a VERY used card than pay close to nothing for a flat out counterfeit. That's just me though.
>>
>>51179562
So I should go Voltron? That could work, I actually have things like Jitte, Puresteel Paladin and Brass Squire that I'm not using. It just seems weird to put ALL the swords in a deck, particularly when I can use them in other decks effortlessly. Land Tax and Scroll Rack are neat though.

>imperial recuriter
Jesus. I'd rather splash black for demonic tutor than pay that much. What an expensive card.

>>51179620
Ah, ya I didn't even think of that. I have doubling cube and gilded lotus as well that I can throw in there just for shits and giggles.

I was thinking New Avacyn as the commander? I happen to have one. If I'm building voltron, an indestructible flying board wipe seems pretty expensive, unless the equipment pops off if it flips, then I have no idea whatsoever.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 750x923px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 750x923px
>Be playing Jhoira with lots of MLD effects
>Cast Bend or Break
>Everyone but me throws all of their lands into one pile and nothing in the other
>Everyone chooses an opponent
>"Yeah dude, you can keep your lands"
>I have to sacrifice half of my lands
>For the next couple of turns get ganged up on and killed off immediately

I think I'm gonna need some time to rehabilitate from this one
>>
>>51179639
She's fun as fuck, just know that people are going to try and kill you very fast
>>
>>51179513
Multi-commander anon here, if I had to pick a single Boros commander I'd say in experience Gisela, Jor Kadeen, or Tajic are your best bets. Gisela is ramps into double damage, Jor Kadeen can work with a mono-red artifact shell, and Tajic is just boardwipes voltron.
>>
>>51179753
Don't play land destruction. Just don't. Makes the whole game unfun. I'm talking to you fuckers building slobad stax too
>>
>>51179639
She's my first deck. I run her as pseudo-shapeshifter tribal so her power level is tide to the poer of the table. Plus a couple fatties to clone and close out games. Lots of wipes.
>>
>>51179753
Literally why I stopped running Bend or Break in Norin. Every time
>>
>>51179753
Same thing happened to me.

I've got a foil sitting in my binder rotting since then.

It never heals
>>
File: 1402258181082.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1402258181082.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>51179753
>playing land destruction in a battlecruiser format
You deserve what happened to you.
>>
>>51179772

>makes the whole game unfun

Are you forgetting the edh enlightenment pyramid?

Jokulhaups, obliterate, smokestack, what else do I need
>>
>>51175877
Imp's Mischief
>>
>>51179838
Ask your playgroup to allow you to play Worldfire

Only then will you reach enlightenment
>>
If I build Sidisi should I go Ad Nauseam Tendrils?
>>
File: Colossal-Whale.jpg (52KB, 298x431px) Image search: [Google]
Colossal-Whale.jpg
52KB, 298x431px
This card, guys.
>is a whale
>massive impact
>can be protected with countermagic
>kills an opponent fast
>super powerful multi- removal spell
>you can earn someone's favor by not attacking them
>turns games around by itself
>is a whale
Why aren't you playing the best new control staple?
It even islandwalks, so it synergizes with my home slizzle storm tide levizzle
>>
>>51179857
Why would you even bother asking a group that obviously doesn't like land destruction to allow the guy to play Worldfire of all spells?
>>
>>51179838
But for real

The best fun is having fifty or so copies of Warp World on the stack
>>
>>51179869
>new
it ain't new at all

It is bretty good, though. I had a promo like that one but I traded it to a friend who made a Thassa sea monsters deck.
>>
>>51177688
top, scroll rack, mirri's guile, sylvan library, all those creatures that care about the top of your deck. those artifacts that care about the top of your deck, those enchantments that let you see the top of your deck, combos and stuff.
>>
>>51179869
But anon I do run it in Jhoira. Him and Stormtide win games.
>>
>>51179869
>7 mana
>doesn't do anything when it hits
>5/5
>no evasion but memewalk
lmaoing @ shitters in this thread
>>
>>51178808
>>51179009
I play Iroas Tokens, its a great time.

The colors offer plenty of support.
>>
>>51179939
>implying memewalk isnt good when High Tide is the best card in the format.
>>
>>51179939
It's incremental value you impatient shithead. Phyrexian arena doesn't do anything turn one either, doesn't make it bad.
Go back to your freebase cocaine and purphoros deck you value addict
>>
>>51179639
My Jhoira deck is pretty devastating in my playgroup- big creatures, huge spells and pretty quick.

That said izzet is my favorite color combo and I wasnt a big fan or Melek or either Niv, even tried Nin for a bit.

Jhoira just feels the best to me.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jhoira-of-the-giants/
>>
>>51180030
Nah I play prossh, purphorus is in it tho
>>51180024
comparing a shit card to a legacy staple, I will take autism for 20.
>>
File: 1419824027191.png (209KB, 471x333px) Image search: [Google]
1419824027191.png
209KB, 471x333px
>Tfw you don't know what to build.
I want a commander who's not overly-complicated, but not beater/"turn things sideways to win" simple. What do? I want fun commanders. Please help.
>>
>>51180125

slobad

Or

Endrek sahr
>>
>>51180066
>not understanding jokes.
That's an actual symptom of autism, bruh.
>>
>>51180145
>Slobad
I've been burned on edhg meme commander of the month before. Bosh and Skeleton Ship are proof of that.

>Endrek Sahr
The Stax guy? I don't know if I'm a bad enough dude to handle stax.
>>
>>51180049
thanks for the inspiration anon, will try building jhoira
>>
>>51180125
Try building one of the izzet commanders as storm, if not, try cascading hard with Yidris or Lazav/Sakashima Copy-all-of-your-shit tribal
>>
>>51180177
Slobad is legit good tho.
>>
File: feldon.jpg (94KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
feldon.jpg
94KB, 700x500px
How do I make a Feldon deck without having to rely on Wurmcoil Engine? I hate that card.
>>
>>51180245
Just use other ETB/LTB stuff?
>>
>>51176380
bump
>>
>>51180245
Does sundial of the infinite work with Feldon's ability actually?
>>
>>51180245
he's outrageously simply to build

>artifact ramp to give you many mana powers
>big fucking fatties, focus on ETBs and tangible effects like Annihilator, don't forget about combustible gearhulk
>looter effects to put those fatties into your grave
>swifties and lightning greavsies to keep your feldon alive for longer than maybe half a turn
>sneak attack if you can afford it
>>
>>51180376
yeah, i forgot to mention that here >>51180378

conjurer's closet also works
>>
File: oh yeah.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>51180125
You know what to do
>>
File: W44656560.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
W44656560.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>51179586
>too poor for hobbies
>>
>>51180410
God that alter is disgusting
>>
File: decks.jpg (981KB, 1296x3352px) Image search: [Google]
decks.jpg
981KB, 1296x3352px
>>51178471
Here you go.
>>
>>51180416
desu if you pay more than 5 euros for a card you are probably a complete dope with money
>>
>>51180410
But Anon. I said I don't want to play beats. Unless I'm missing some spicy tech with Omnath, he looks like regular beats to me.
>>
>>51180125
kokusho recur is about as simple as non-beats can get. in fact, it's so simple that you will probably get bored of it
>>
Hey guys I have derevi enchantress and melek proteus storm. What would be a good third deck to round out my collection so I don't get bored with these two? I hate battlecruiser magic, but I don't have a "creature deck"
>>
File: Madgis.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Madgis.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>51180587
How do you feel about Rakdos?
>>
File: latest.jpg (119KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
119KB, 1152x864px
>>51179772
>>51179812
>>
>>51180638
I feel like mogis is super do-nothing, but i also feel like i need to use my vampiric tutor somehow
>>
Tell me, /edh/. Should I upgrade my Yidris precon or build Nekusar?
>>
>>51180820
There are other Rakdos commanders depending on what you wanna do desu, Rakdos, lord of riots or Grenzo are probably the strongest. I like Kaervek personally but he is too pricey and a removal magnet
>>51180833
Nekusar kinda builds himself, but if you don't have many other decks you might appreciate the options
>>
>>51180820
I dont find my mogis as do nothing, with a bunch of punishment effects he keeps the board clear.

Enchantments make him fairly easy to turn creature in which case you have an indestructible 7/5.

My biggest weakness when piloting him are decks that specializing in making many small tokens.

Still in multiplayer he has been great and works well burning down the whole table.
>>
Hard control Lazav y/n?
>>
>>51180833

Hidden answer C: build vial smasher + kraum
>>
>>51180956
You could do it but Dralnu or something would be better in the colors.

Lazav works better as a pseudo-voltron with reliant reanimator effects.
>>
File: Current Commander Decks.jpg (484KB, 1586x1299px) Image search: [Google]
Current Commander Decks.jpg
484KB, 1586x1299px
>>51178471
List of current commander decks.
If you want a more in-depth description, just ask. I know nobody will.
>>
File: 1404342877930.jpg (16KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1404342877930.jpg
16KB, 413x395px
>>51180433
I can resell my piece of paper when i'm done. Yours will just be trash.
>>
>>51180991
You would think that after the mikaeus one you'd get more comments on your decks
>>
>>51181039
It's because I don't put effort into writing long-ass and witty descriptions to all of them. People only bother to upvote or comment on those.
>>
>>51180924
but I just want to spin the wheel ;_;
that and play a grixis commander
>>
>>51181072
Fair enough. Try to sell me on the rashmi and mogis decks. Mogis looks like targetonhead.dek and rashmi I assume is just simic value
>>
>>51180991

Question:

How many boardwipes you running in slobad?

How many mld cards?
>>
>>51181095
Rashmi is pretty much just simic value. People so often try to make UG with a twist nowadays, just wanted a deck that was completely unapologetic towards its colors.

As for Mogis, yeah. That's his biggest issue by far.

It's not until people are at 10-15 HP that they start freaking out and focusing you with everything. Which is why I run a whole shitload of X damage boardwipes that also damage players.
It keeps the board clear while also enabling me to finish that last 10-15 hp stretch where I become the focus.

Sometimes I also just hide behind a Glacial Chasm + Crucible of Worlds and other recursion effects. Ensnaring Bridge is also in there.

>>51181112
>MLD
Obliterate, Jokulhaups

>Boardwipes
The above, Nevinyrral's Disk, Oblivion Stone, All is Dust and Blasphemous Act

I used to run way more MLD, but disliked how they would be dead in my hand a lot of the time, so I cut down on land destruction and focused more on Mycosynth Lattice.

Mycosynth Lattice + Pulverize, Scrap Mastery and Vandalblast is my usual "MLD" win condition.
Often by activating a Ring of Three Wishes or a Planar Portal multiple times, fetching Mycosynth + Pulverize or Vandalblast (depending on available mana)
>>
>>51180245
my friend has one that is a dedicated land destruction deck it's pretty good at punishing people.
>>
>>51181170
I've also managed to kill 4-5 players using Triskaidekaphobia due to that panic number.
>>
>>51181170
As for boardwipes in Mogis:

Blasphemous Act
Chain Reaction
Toxic Deluge
Rolling Earthquake
Molten Disaster
Damnation
Starstorm
Nevinyrral's Disk

Spreading Plague and Tainted Aether are also amazing at keeping the board clear, and thus helps keep me alive.
>>
>>51180638
I play him with a lot of tax and drain enchantments and mld and board wipes. very few creatures
>>
>>51180992
yeah, but you probably won't resell it, so you'll have spent more than 5 euros on a card and gotten nothing for it besides a piece of paper
>>
>>51181226
All Is Dust is a godlike board wipe for just about any deck since it hoses literally everything except artifacts. although it will kill your mogis as well (but who gives a shit)
>>
File: 1471714830248.jpg (72KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
1471714830248.jpg
72KB, 800x516px
>>51175803
Best wallpaper
>>
File: scumbag marauder.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
scumbag marauder.png
130KB, 223x311px
that's a nice early commander drop you have there

it'd be a shame if something happened to it
>>
File: warp world.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
warp world.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
Is this Prossh secret tech?
>>
>>51182069
It's more like secret tech for any token deck that had red in it.
>>
I need to cut THERE more cards gentlemen and I have no idea what to put on the chopping block. If I strain my brain anymore, I think I'll get an aneurysm. Please, can one of you kind anons help me? I would ask my friends/Facebook group but their bad. They told me to cut Reassembling Skeleton and add Phyrexian Obliterator...

Decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monoblack-and-fabulous/
>>
>>51182130
obliterator is a big boy card that you sound unready for anyway if you can't appreciate it
>>
>>51182141
No. Every deck I had it in, it's just removal or counter bait. That's it. And while that's fine on its own, I'd rather not pay BBBB for it.
>>
>>51182214
>It eats a counterspell/removal
>one less to hit your combo
>if it lands you're gucci
Where's the downside
>>
>>51182235
OK, fine. Any suggestions on what FOUR cards I need to cut?
>>
Is Geralf's Masterpiece decent in Sidisi?
>>
>>51182303
Shadows of the past seems meh, you could probably live with one less draw spell, Xiahou seems meh too 4 mana for one death trigger and a card to hand
>>
>>51182384
But anon, Xiahou can grab ANY black card. That's good. The other suggestions are ok.
>>
>>51177657
Still trying to trade for most of the shit I need. Prerelease is coming up, so I'm hopeful.
>>
>>51182424
I think you have too many of thoise (when a creature dies put +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature w/ blade of the bloodchief and both enchantments so I'd cut one of those too. If you need one more Slum reaper is a bit overcosted but not bad or imps mischief which is just like a faux counter
>>
>>51182130
Cut Boompile, Sangromancer, Ophiomancer and Deserted Temple. Replace Mystifying maze with Maze of Ith
>>
>>51182320
I would think so, even though I don't run either of those cards. Give it a shot.
>>
>>51176769
I have a Merieke deck that plays him in the 99, he's tons of fun. Sometimes I use him as alternative commander as well.

I'd advise grave pact and friends, lots of steal cards, tokens, untappers and those weird merfolk that care about counterspells. Probably Baral too.
>>
>>51182490
I can cut Sadistic Glee, for sure. I would cut Slum Reaper for Barter in Blood but I can recur Reaper easier. Having a faux counter in monoblack that no one expects has saved my assets too many times to cut.

>>51182493
Boompile can go, it's not a sure boardwipe. Sangromancer and Ophiomancer are both fine for what this deck needs/does and Deserted Temple is to untap those lands that make more than one mana. Don't have the money for Maze right now.

Ok, that's it! Thanks for help peeps! And only 3 cards I need to buy, how delightful! Then again, it's not like I wouldn't, being the Black faggot I am.
>>
Playing in a proxies allowed league, who's a good seller for Chinaman cards so I can actually have a good manabase
>>
>>51183375
Villa Zheng is one to search for
>>
>build bruna voltron
>tutor for the same 4 cards every game
>>
>>51183698
>tutor
Play self mill lottery then. Seems to be a lot more fun.
>>
>>51179869
I want it in my devotion deck
>>
>>51180429
Total manface
>>
File: 46.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
Who's the most fun "build around me" commander with a low CMC? Is it this rad dude?

I want to cast my commander early and often.
>>
File: Norin.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Norin.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>51184737
>>
File: nissa.png (2MB, 1596x854px) Image search: [Google]
nissa.png
2MB, 1596x854px
More of these!
>>
>>51184737
sram
>>
File: c4rd4r7_sRiXFurkpR.jpg (176KB, 850x473px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_sRiXFurkpR.jpg
176KB, 850x473px
How good is maschalagnia mama, will she draw me more hate than Derevi?
>>
>>51184849
>will x draw me more hate than Derevi?

generally no

i think derevi is probably the most hated commander in all of edh. maybe leovold comes close but at least you can hatefuck him hard enough that he needs to stay in the command zone but with derevi nope cant do that haha nope haha not good ol derevi fuck you wotc you fucking FUCKS
>>
>>51184906
Cutest bird
>>
>>51184906
Jhoira also draw a lot of hate.
>>
>>51182069
No it's Krenko secret tech. That and Thieves Auction.
>>
>>51183396
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>51184906
Would Roon be any better?
>>
>>51185625
i don't know the level of degeneracy roon is capable of but you can definitely build him just to be "ETB value king" unlike derevi who will always be a shitty everpresent meme stax bird no matter what you do
>>
>>51185685
I give her my favorite sword to strike and untap my island like a fag
>>
>>51185700
While with Roon he can hit then blink, too powerful I think
>>
>>51175877
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/toshiros-command/
>>
File: 1483923084297.jpg (109KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483923084297.jpg
109KB, 720x960px
Let's talk about colour, not commanders. How do I build Jund? I already have a Mardu aristocrat style deck, and the Jund I'm building is slowly becoming similar.
>>
>>51185863
Spike Jester goes in every BR
>>
>>51185863
Jund is either big shit like dragons and craterhoof, or little resilient ass fuck humans
>>
>>51184737
Skullbriar
>>
>>51185625

Roon will attract considerably less hate from people that aren't familiar with your deck
>>
>>51186212
I'm tempted to use more enchantments with Roon
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1594x636px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1594x636px
>>51184826
Reposting
>>
File: decks.png (458KB, 663x392px) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
458KB, 663x392px
>>51178471
>>
Built a mimeoplasm deck a while ago for not a lot of money. Dug it back out this morning because I'm thinking of playing again. Looking to upgrade it some, too. Already planning on adding shocks and fetches. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mimeoplasm-bullshit/
>>
>>51186676
Also I found a scavenging ooze in one of my boxes, put it in the sideboard because I didn't know what to swap for it
>>
>>51184906
What about Tasigur?
>>
File: Puma's Idol.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Puma's Idol.png
270KB, 375x523px
Can some one post that awesome sexy chandra alter
>>
File: TOfolder.png (819KB, 1275x665px) Image search: [Google]
TOfolder.png
819KB, 1275x665px
>>51178471
>POST 'EM BOYS
>>
>>51184826
Where's that middle image from?
>>
>>51187135
Just googled for earth elemental or something like that.
>>
>>51186847
You know I don't like green, so I'm just gonna go with Phenax and stick with devotion
>>
>>51176652
Couldn't you just tap your lands in response? Sure, you'd lose your mana, but you'd prevent them from gaining it.
>>
File: 1484333648257780140665.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1484333648257780140665.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Which one?
>>
File: Pentagram of the Ages_IA.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pentagram of the Ages_IA.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>51176405
Being able to tell an opponents blightsteel to fuck off is a lot of fun.
>>
Anyone have tips for my homebrew Queen Marchesa deck if its mardu enchantment?
>>
>>51187547
forgot link fuck me http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marchesas-enchantment-pillowfort/
>>
>>51184826
>>
>>51187470
Ob definitely has more of a board presence. He'll draw more hate, but being able to make tutoring hurt someone easily puts them in range of easy deaths.
>>
>>51181193
I was thinking that that would be a cool way to do things, although it might be a bit off-flavor to do with Feldon at the helm. Do you have any more details you remember? I'd imagine Keldon Firebombers would be pretty dope.
>>
>>51187589
That last image is Akira, right? What's in the middle?
>>
>>51187470
Obnoxious, duh. Exalted isn't good unless you can stack it with double strike, which is hard to do in monoblack.

I'd rather just run Sidisi, Chainer or Loli Lili if I had to run MonoBlack. In lower powered metas, I'd rather take Horobi
>>
>>51187751
It's a SOL (satellite orbital laser) from akira
>>
>>51187416
It's a 2 mana "make everyone tap out"

It's great
>>
File: 1473765885811.gif (342KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
1473765885811.gif
342KB, 666x386px
Hey guys big odd question here.

Does anyone think that you have to have certain personality traits to play some decks effectively and win? I'm considering building Leovic but I'll be honest, I'm adequate playing politics but my face is easy to read and I'm not good at reading other people. Nevermind Leovic's inherent weakness to alot of removal and aggro
>>
File: 1493i235.jpg (150KB, 1000x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1493i235.jpg
150KB, 1000x1195px
>>51182051
>mfw i play this with mazirek out
>>
File: gitgud.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>
>>51188166

Kek
>>
>>51188166
I find it really funny your playgroup hit it even with jank like Pillar of Light, they really hated the gitgud monster eh?
>>
File: Breeding Pit.jpg (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Breeding Pit.jpg
34KB, 300x300px
Is this too much of a pet card?
>>
>>51188239
That is impressively garbage, why do you even like it?
>>
>>51188277
Because Anon, I got a BONER
>>
>>51188236
only takes one EPIC EXSANGUINATE
>>
File: EDH boyz.png (2MB, 1064x1060px) Image search: [Google]
EDH boyz.png
2MB, 1064x1060px
everyone post ya crew
>>
>>51187416
No because it takes all the mana from their pool as a "then" effect. You can't tap all your lands and not have any mana in your pool as this is on the stack.
>>
>>51188239
oh, absolutely.
>>
>>51188239
Divine vs Demonic art is far better. Also idk, seems like a good sac fodder generator.
>>
>>51178540
all your friends look like hipster faggots
>>
>>51188446
Is Crovax's bounce ability that good? he just seems like babby Norn but at 1 mana difference I'd rather have Norn
>>
File: 1362675009071.jpg (10KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
1362675009071.jpg
10KB, 216x250px
>tfw we will never get a Gix commander card
>>
>>51188951
Well, he's got better flavor and aesthetics, so there's that.
>>
>>51188100
I like to think that I'm pretty good at politics, so I'll let you in on some stuff.

Politics is not about lying. It's not even necessarily about deception or bluffing. It's all about suggestion. When you're suggesting shit to people, be honest about what you can and can't do, or don't say anything. Saying things that are true is easy, so you just have to know what to say to get people to do what you want.

Example: for when you have an answer to an individual annoyance/threat
>Hold up removal (you should be doing this anyway)
>Opponent has a Nasty Fucker with haste, trample, double strike, and unblockable, and he's been eyeing you
>Say, "I have removal for that Nasty Fucker if you swing at me."
>Opponent can now a) swing at you and eat removal, b) swing at someone else, or c) swing at nobody
Don't bluff. If you bluff, you're going to get hit with lots of Nasty Fuckers because people will always assume you're bluffing afterwards. Nobody wants to be tricked twice. Not only will you get hit when you don't have removal, you'll waste removal on the Nasty Fucker in cases where you weren't bluffing. It helps if you have a reputation for being a good, honest person away from the table, too.

Example: for when you might not have an answer to a mutual annoyance/threat
>Somebody has a Blind Obedience out
>You're playing a creature deck.
>At least one other player is playing a deck that wants creatures entering the battlefield untapped.
>Say, "That thing is a pain in the ass."
If it's a pain in the ass for anyone else, it's their problem too, and reminding them of that right before they decide what to do means they might just spend their turn blowing up that enchantment instead of prioritizing their own board over mutually beneficial actions (i.e., shit that helps you.) This can work even when you already have enchantment/whatever removal in your hand if it's a big enough mutual problem, and that means you can save your own removal for when you desperately need it.
>>
File: EDH Decks.png (514KB, 772x808px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.png
514KB, 772x808px
>>
>>51180391
>conjurer's closet also works
>exiling a token so you can keep it
no it doesn't.
>>
>>51189742
oh oopsie i forgot he makes a copy instead of just reanimating the creature

makes sense really, should have thought back to the lore
>>
>>51188774
>Divine vs Demonic art is far better
>Implying whatever the fuck that green shit is can top based Anson

I want Modern babies to leave
>>
>>51189497
>>Say, "That thing is a pain in the ass."
This is good advice.

>sliver player about to go off
>the entire table groans and talks about needing more boardwipes
>I'm sitting next to the sliver player so I'm the only one aware of his jank board state
>point to mana echoes and say "it's this thing that's causing the problem y'know"
>simic player goes "derp, krosan grip before your sliver hits the board"
>I don't have to worry about the sliver player as much anymore, and I don't have to worry as much about getting my shit removed
It's so much value for so little effort and you don't have to act like a scheming bastard to succeed at it.

Announcing that you have responses is not foolproof though. If a spellslinging Izzet player without any blockers claims that he has removal and people heed his advice, he'll just spend his mana at end of turn for value and act innocent until he can go off. Sometimes you have to force a player to spend his resources on you so that others can attack him freely.
>>
>>51184906
Voidstone Gargoyle/Pithing Needle friendo
>>
File: Ob niggilis.jpg (626KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Ob niggilis.jpg
626KB, 1920x1120px
Is EDHG going to pre-release tonight?

Anything you're hoping to open for a deck?

Gonna go early and get some games pf EDH in?
>>
>>51189244
Wizards prints new cards of old characters without one all the time in the annual commander sets, it's not impossible at all.
>>
>>51188142
>Playing it with Savra out too.
>>
File: THX.jpg (437KB, 1332x1300px) Image search: [Google]
THX.jpg
437KB, 1332x1300px
>>51190358
>dictate of erebos + grave pact
>>
>>51190108
>If a spellslinging Izzet player without any blockers claims that he has removal and people heed his advice, he'll just spend his mana at end of turn for value and act innocent until he can go off.
But that's just an example of somebody using the "announce responses" technique effectively, though: in your example, the Izzet player is following my advice in a way that works great for him. Practically speaking, though, you're right: if you're going to use these tactics, you're going to be better equipped to deal with other people using them.
>>
File: 71mg-aHJwjL._SL1250_~2.jpg (95KB, 679x513px) Image search: [Google]
71mg-aHJwjL._SL1250_~2.jpg
95KB, 679x513px
>tfw everyone flaked on EDH night
It's OK, not like I wanted to play these new decks with my friends or anything
>>
>>51190498
Yeah, he's using the technique effectively, I'm just saying that using it causes counterplays to emerge which could fuck you over even harder for trying to use the technique. It could also fuck over the player eating the removal if the other players don't want to attack the Izzet player for various reasons. Basically, it introduces another layer of mind games into your meta, which is neat.

Your advice is similar to telling a fighting game player to always do a shoryuken on wake up: it works until your opponents wise up and play around it, which causes you to play around them playing around it etc.
>>
>>51189244
>Gix, Praetor of Yawgmoth
>All creatures you control are artifacts in addition to their other types as long as Gix, Praetor of Yawgmoth is in play.
>Tap: Sacrifice a non-creature artifact. Search your library for a non-artifact creature and put it into play
>>
File: 1458792122969.png (646KB, 818x603px) Image search: [Google]
1458792122969.png
646KB, 818x603px
>>51190257
No midnight release for me, but will be hitting two up tomorrow.

Cards I'm hoping for;
>Exquisite Archangel, for my Mayael Angel's Grove deck
>Herald of Anguish, for my Ob Demons deck
>Aid from the Cowl, for Angry Omnath
>Mechanized Production, Gonti's Aether Heart and Spire of Industry, for Breya
>Consolate Crackdown, for fuck you Breya
>vehicles for my shitty Depala Dwarves & Cars deck
>any masterpiece
>>
>>51188239
Ophiomancer is almost strictly better for anything by like, a lot
>>
>>51190756
Yeah, that's not broken or anything.
>>
>>51190756
Well that's fucking disgusting. Please never create custom cards
>>
>>51190673
>tfw got THE BOYZ coming over in an hour
>>
File: 1414718858084.jpg (222KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
1414718858084.jpg
222KB, 1024x749px
>>51190705
>Basically, it introduces another layer of mind games into your meta, which is neat.
Well, if you're asking about politics, that layer was sort of already there. Yes, it is "mind games," but the important thing to realize is that politics are basically always a part of four-player melee EDH.

>Your advice is similar to telling a fighting game player to always do a shoryuken on wake up: it works until your opponents wise up and play around it, which causes you to play around them playing around it etc.
I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that, because in your earlier example it's still the best move possible for the Izzet player. You're telling me that the "announcing responses" technique is flawed because it's hard to play around, but that's exactly why it's good in the first place.

I understand what you're trying to get at with your fighting game analogy, but unfortunately it doesn't make any sense. First off, you're not doing the same thing every time: it's a very situational play, so it's more like "if they're trying to hit your middle, try ducking and poking them low," which, from my very limited fighting game experience, sounds reasonable enough. Secondly, unlike Street Fighter, EDH politics is a 4 player melee: a disincentive to attack me is almost as good as an incentive to attack someone else, and there's no parallel for that in 1v1 fighting games.
>>
>>51190756
>Sacrifice Sol RIng
>Acquire bombs

broken as fuck
>>
File: rekt.png (1MB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
1MB, 1596x630px
>>
>>51190893

Even if he cost ten you slap boots on him and grab darksteel saccing a rock and then its pretty much game lol
>>
File: 1463850857337.jpg (41KB, 315x348px) Image search: [Google]
1463850857337.jpg
41KB, 315x348px
>>51190893
>>51190864
>>51190798
>>51190927
>implying it's is broken

>>51190756
>opens you up to Vandalblast one-sided boardwipes
>has to tap in order to do his effect, how are you going to block?
>that P/T for that mana cost? Seriously?
>requires you to play non-artifact creatures AND non-creature artifacts in order to work at all (!!!)
Maybe if you gave him an ETB effect he'd be playable, to be desu
>>
File: 1458715682440.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1458715682440.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
>>51176405
can easily win games
>>
File: 1478106154245.png (322KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478106154245.png
322KB, 600x600px
>>51190873
>>51190673
>tfw edh night already happened and i dont have anyone to test this new tech against
ok
>>
>>51191051
>it got reprinted in Commander 16
sorry someone spoiled your tech, friend :^(
>>
>>51179018
You have a list for Jori En?
>>
>>51191042
>>requires you to play non-artifact creatures AND non-creature artifacts in order to work at all (!!!)
That's not that hard.
>>
File: 1478371924264.jpg (23KB, 285x398px) Image search: [Google]
1478371924264.jpg
23KB, 285x398px
>>51191095
it's okay I still have THIS in iroas
>>
>>51190673
>tfw friends are all moving on in life (advanced degrees, better careers, serious relationships) and I'm still here playing with my expensive colored cardboard
>>
>>51191295
Oh, that's nice stuff. I've always seen that fellow in the dollar rares box and wondered how I could break him. I like the cut of your jib
>>
File: 1472273896598.jpg (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472273896598.jpg
108KB, 500x500px
>>51191200
It's called "deck focus," Anon, don't you know anything about Magic the Gathered? You can play an artifact deck or you can play a creatures deck, but if you try to build both you're not going to do very well! I've won almost a dozen games, so you should probably listen to me.
>>
>Angus is literally the perfect commander for this stupid "you win the game" deck I'm brewing
>fucking $90
Shit.
>>
File: 1484280044159.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1484280044159.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>51191582
>tfw need doubling season
>>
>>51187743
things like that and other guys like ravenous baboons goblin gardener etc.
>>
File: Dex.png (2MB, 1323x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Dex.png
2MB, 1323x1055px
>>51188446
>>
File: best_waifu.jpg (119KB, 683x1170px) Image search: [Google]
best_waifu.jpg
119KB, 683x1170px
>>51189401
>implying best waifu doesn't have the best flavor and aesthetics
Get out.
>>
>>51192061
>raw flesh and cracked porcelain
>waifu
You disturb me, anon.
>>
File: Image (6).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (6).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>51191600
You really just need it if you're building superfriends since this works almost as well if you don't play planewalkers
>>
File: sx2nsub.jpg (117KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
sx2nsub.jpg
117KB, 571x800px
>>51192084
DELET
>>
>>51192084
Anything that gets drawn by Slugbox is automatically confirmed waifu status.
Even Ed.
Especially Ed.
>>
File: 1415282520272.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1415282520272.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>51192249
>weebshit
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (99KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
99KB, 944x712px
>>51192302
>>
File: 1414731670119.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1414731670119.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>51192353
>where do you think we are
I think I'm on the traditional games board in the EDH general thread.

Where do YOU think we are?
>>
File: tamiyo.jpg (173KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
tamiyo.jpg
173KB, 752x1063px
>>51192392
The URL, Anon-kun.
>>
>>51192392
4chan you doublenigger
>>
File: image.png (17KB, 200x94px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 200x94px
>>51192392
>>
>>51192425
>>51192427
>>51192456
>4chan is a weeaboo website made for weebs like me and for no one else!!!
I sincerely hope you don't believe this. A large portion of this site doesn't even watch anime.
>>
>>51192456
>posting trumpler

i thought we were better than this lads
>>
File: 1478677549297.gif (3MB, 480x338px) Image search: [Google]
1478677549297.gif
3MB, 480x338px
>>51192470
>hating on our glorious God Emperor
I bet you voted for Hillary.
>>
>>51192464
The point stands that you are a newfag. Stop posting.
>>
File: 1418143597171.jpg (52KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1418143597171.jpg
52KB, 500x502px
>>51192497
>Stop posting.
Ooh, you got me now!

Seriously though, I can almost guarantee I've been here longer than you, weeblord.
>>
>>51192489
oh sorry i couldn't figure out how to vote (i'm black)
>>
>>51192464
shit, I'm sorry, you're right, I forgot. "Hirohito" is an Irish name, right?

Fuck, dude, you're not even getting upset at people posting anime reaction images or anything, you're literally just getting triggered by people on 4chan of all places posting mtg pictures from Pixiv. You know that there are Japanese MtG artists, right? Does that make posting land art by Jason CHAN a "weeb" thing to do, too? Are you actually retarded, or does pretending just come naturally?
>>
>>51192189
>resident blue spellslinger casts kicked rite of replication and gets 10 tokens
>resident elfball becomes an elfstar and goes supernova
>resident ghave player casts ashnod's altar and goes infinite thanks to you
>etc.
Yeah, great card you got there
>>
>>51192513
>claims to not be a newfag
>has zero understanding of the mongolian glass-blowing site he's shitposting on
>when corrected, he calls people weebs

kys yourself
>>
File: 1419886557016.gif (1MB, 301x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419886557016.gif
1MB, 301x250px
>>51192547
>upset
>he thinks I'm upset
I think you basement-dwellers are hilarious, anon. Why would I be upset?
>>
>>51192580
>symmetrical effects
>always bad
Come on, son.
>>
File: 1419800117326.gif (967KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1419800117326.gif
967KB, 245x180px
>>51192583
>>has zero understanding of the mongolian glass-blowing site he's shitposting on
This coming from the guy who thinks 4chan is a weebs-only site.

You do realize, things can change, despite their origins, right?
>>
>>51192588
sure smells like EDH in here.
>>
>>51192614
>This coming from the guy who thinks 4chan is a weebs-only site.
In what post did I say that, you insufferable cockgoblin?

Lurk moar or commit sudoku, preference for the latter
>>
File: 1426610909960.gif (1MB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1426610909960.gif
1MB, 255x255px
>>51192674
Then what, pray tell, do I have no understanding of, neckbeard?

That's right, you have no response because you're just a meme-spouting weeaboo who's bum is sore and red.
>>
File: 3ab.jpg (61KB, 680x507px) Image search: [Google]
3ab.jpg
61KB, 680x507px
>>
File: chandra surprised.png (100KB, 286x323px) Image search: [Google]
chandra surprised.png
100KB, 286x323px
>>51192708
>pray tell
You have to be 18 years or older to post on this site
>>
File: 1417038373824.gif (670KB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1417038373824.gif
670KB, 320x234px
>>51192731
Just the response I expected.
>>
anyone who gives a shit about board culture is a retard
>>
>>51192708
>doubling down on being such a newfag he needs his hand held through it all

This is an image board. You sperging out about an on-topic post is proof enough you know too little about chan-culture to be giving me this many (You)s.
>>
File: 1424207881983.jpg (60KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
1424207881983.jpg
60KB, 509x720px
>>51192816
>chan-culture
Oh my god I can't breathe
>>
File: 636.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
636.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>51192588
>is claiming social superiority
>on 4chan
>>
File: 1454810458739.jpg (422KB, 744x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1454810458739.jpg
422KB, 744x1079px
So we know that Japan likes MtG: there's a manga out that's about Magic in all but name, it's referenced in Watamote, there's a TON of art of it on Pixiv, etc. But do Japanese magic players play EDH?
>>
>>51192302
A thread died because of you.I hope you're happy.
>>
File: 1454810922328.jpg (225KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
1454810922328.jpg
225KB, 600x631px
>>51192880
For my part, all I have is anecdotal evidence, but I know a guy from Singapore who plays EDH. He goes to college in the States, though, so I'm not really sure what that says about the MtG community in Singapore, or what the MtG community in Singapore would have to do with the community in Japan.

Also, I'm getting the impression that Nissa is popular over there.
>>
>>51192901
well it's like i always say:

never provoke a retard. you never know what lengths they will go to fuck you over.
>>
>>51192880
Hareruya (one of Japan's biggest MtG shops) has a weekly EDH tournament night, so it must have some kind of following there.
>>
File: 59415162_p3_master1200.jpg (304KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
59415162_p3_master1200.jpg
304KB, 1200x400px
>>51192929
>provoke
Don't get mad, take it easy!!!
>>
>>51192880
>But do Japanese magic players play EDH?

yes, ask anyone in japan and they'll whip out their voltron deck
>>
File: Wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>51192470
> I thought we were better than this
>>
File: 1484205800469.jpg (247KB, 685x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484205800469.jpg
247KB, 685x800px
What lovely timing for a new thread. Let's pave over this one and pretend it never happened.
>>
This thread was a mistake
>>
File: fishfu.jpg (212KB, 1600x933px) Image search: [Google]
fishfu.jpg
212KB, 1600x933px
>casually played with maybe 2 dozen different commanders, playing them from a range of a handful of games to a couple years
>recently sold off most of my mtg collection
>only have one EDH deck and it's non-Primal Surge Ruric Thar
>feel like the biggest Timmy ever because THIS was the deck I kept together in the end and enjoyed the most
>feel bad
>considering making mono black zombies because the flavor + aesthetic is appealing
>only other considerations for new decks are a resper which I feel like I'll dump a ton of money into, lose a handful of games with and then have much regret
>other option is a "favorites deck" copying the idea from a buddy of mine, just 5 color deck with all of my favorite MTG cards with some necessary ramp to make sure I can play my fucking Timmy cards

Anyone currently piloting those decks and have input on if they're worth throwing money into?
>>
>>51174910
>Is EDHG going to pre-release tonight?

I'm working at a prerelease does that count
>>
>>51193254
>>51193394
Make a new one before the fag that made the last two makes one without a link or thread question.
>>
>>51193646
I've only been here for the two shitty threads I don't know what you assholes do
>>
File: 1482907311907.jpg (132KB, 401x550px) Image search: [Google]
1482907311907.jpg
132KB, 401x550px
Get out /pol/
>>
File: 1480446998344.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
1480446998344.png
319KB, 315x448px
>>51193670
>>
>>51193419
Make UB zombies or esper something. To fill the colours.
>>
>>51193782
Have no desire to play combo and there's maybe 4 U or UB zombies that I think are actually worth running.
>>
>>51194093
>>51194093
Ayyyy getcha new thread here
>>
>>51193753
Got one of these for relatively cheap for my Kami of the crescent moon deck a few days ago. After 2 games, my friends already fucking hate me.
>>
File: what I played-Sidisi.png (975KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
what I played-Sidisi.png
975KB, 1596x630px
>>51184826
I should add Cabal Coffers and Grave Pact into this
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 100

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.