[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 69

File: yahenni.jpg (23KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
yahenni.jpg
23KB, 223x311px
STANDING HERE I REALIZE edition

Old thread: >>51126482

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread topic: What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder, and what's your biggest weakness?
>>
Impactful cards in kaervek that don't cost a goriilion mana and arent artifact ramp? Trying to cut down on the curve
>>
>>51144851

Scab Clan Berserker, Chandra Torch of Defiance and Pain Magnification
>>
gA my nigga is you around? I got a rules question for ya':

Say Bound//Determined has cascade for whatever reason (Yidris, for example). If I cast Determined, the UG cost half, the cascade ability of the card will look for a card that costs 1 or less ou 5 or less because of Bound's 3BG cost? And why?
>>
>>51144811
>Greatest Strength
Pushing the limits of my decks to the utmost. Our playgroup tries to stop arms-racing by imposing restrictions on ourselves when we make new decks (Like creatures only, no creatures, heavy focus on cantrips, high CMC), whenever I come up with a new theme or idea, it's always stronger than people expect.

>Biggest weakness
Some might disagree on whether it's a weakness, but I'm very competetive. Related to that, my biggest weakness is probably how salty I can get when people push beyond the what I feel those self-imposed restrictions are (as there are no set resitrctions, overall it mainly boils down to "keep the game fun for everyone" or the dreaded "spirit of the format"). Like getting upset at a guy who always runs Tooth & Nail. I don't play Tooth & Nail, because how fucking boring it is. I've seen a tooth & nail resolve far more than 100 times by now, each one is just as boring.
I'd embrace the completely spike and competetive nature of EDH, but my playgroup dislikes that, so I keep it down and follow the rules.

Backseat piloting my own decks that I borrow out is also a weakness. When someone has a really fucking good play and could possibly win the game there, but don't know the decks interactions well enough to win, I can't resist the urge to point out. Although I feel I've gotten better at this after people told me it was annoying and to quit doing it.

Also, I get REALLY salty when someone ignores threat assessment and just plays to be lulrandom, to kingmake or keep grudges, but that's not a fucking weakness.
>>
File: MuhCMDRS.jpg (261KB, 1057x703px) Image search: [Google]
MuhCMDRS.jpg
261KB, 1057x703px
>>
>>51144892
I believe that since you cast the UG half, the CMC of the card on the stack is just UG. The other half doesn't actually exist while it's on the stack.
>>
>>51144920
>when someone ignores threat assessment
Objectively the worst thing you can do at a CMDR game. Getting salty at this is normal.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gonti-bling-bling/
I wanted to try build Gonti, how did i do?
>>
>>51144892
I ain't no gA, but if you cast a split card you ignore the other side of the card, so you'll cascade the UG side only looking for a covered mana cost 1 card.
>>
>>51144811
>strength.
Shit man I dunno, I'd say I tend to have a better grasp on the rules than the rest of my playgroup but I think it's mostly because I've been playing longer, funny though, I've gotten a lot better at explaining why things do or don't work within the rule set because of it. (I unfortunately couldn't convince this one guy how a creature could fight another creature if it was pacified despite the flavor fail.)

>weakness
I feel bad that since im the more experienced guy I tend to run more removal than most others (which is any at all in some cases). And while the sliver guy In my group can come out swinging I can't feel good just mercilessly killing his shit even knowing how out of hand it could get because then he just doesn't get to have fun. So sometimes I leave him be a little longer than I should.
annihilator really is a fucking dumb mechanic when you're ahead and the other person is having a bad game, like, it feels shitty to win that way too knowing they don't have enough permanents to delay the inevitable
>>
>>51144811
>What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder, and what's your biggest weakness?
My strength I think is thinking on corner cases and searching for the most secret tech possible. My playgroup always expects the common answers so when I hit them up with weird stuff they're always caught off guard.

I think my weakness is anxiety, if shit starts to hit the fan I misplay like a motherfucker.
>>
>>51144992
>>51144892
If you cascade into a split card where one of the splits has a lower cmc than the cascading spell, you may cast EITHER half. Including the half that costs more of that is the case.
>>
>>51145156
Oh I'm retarded and can't read.
If you get a cascade trigger off casting a split card, you get the cascade from the half you actually cast
>>
>>51145002
My playgroup actually just houseruled out annihilator. It's the only houserule.
Didn't want to ban due to their shuffle clause being so cool.
>>
>>51145164
And if a split card with fuse that has cascade is cast paying the fuse cost? What is the cost the cascade is gonna look for, the sum or any of the halves' costs?
>>
>>51145205
The sum. A fuse card cast with fuse has the mana cost of both halves summed, has both names and has the text from both halves.
>>
>>51144931
>Zedruu
definitely one of the funniest way to have Magic
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whose-spell-is-it-anyway/
>>
>>51144990
Shit, tappedout is out for mantainance, i really wanted feedback on this since i found all the cards. Gonti seems like loads of fun to me, never played it or seen it played though, does anyone have some experience with or against him?
>>
>>51144811
>Strength as deck builder
I think I'm actually really good at assessing my local meta and how to answer it. In any format, I've always been able to call the meta and spike it. Especially in Standard.
>Weakness
Lands. Never enough lands.
>Strength as a player
I take my time and pay attention to what I'm doing
>Weakness
Honestly, I want a fair/fun game of magic. If someone misses a trigger, I typically let them have it, or even tell them they missed it and then let them have it.
>>
>>51144931
>funnist
>>
>>51145205
It looks at each spell. So flesh and blood fused would cascade off of 6 and 2 for example.
>>
>>51144811
>What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder

Definitely in forming a good mana curve.It is what I pay the closest attention to while I'm building, making sure I have consistent, active plays on every turn of the game. It seems to pay off, because I'm usually the guy that curves out every game and rarely ever get color screwed.

>weakness?
I'm definitely the saltiest person at the table. That's not saying much because my group is pretty chill, but it does stick out.

I'm terrible at sandbagging/playing conservatively too and usually make myself the biggest threat early because I want to play fast and hit hard.
>>
>>51145180
Kek. That's even worse than banning the whole cards, like ignoring parts of a card?
Why do these things come up always in EDHG? Shit's retarded and I have never seen a good set of house rules.
>>
>>51145775
Annihilator is unfun.

My group has never house ruled anything like that. But after shit like that gets played once, and all the fun is taken out, we usually take that shit out on our own
>>
>>51145775
Yeah, I aknowledge how autistic it is.

We just got really tired of someone hitting fast mana or something like sneak attack into an early annihilator completely removing any chance one player had of participating in the game. The eldrazi would get removed before it got to finish the job pretty much always, so it just resulted in one guy having a really miserable time.

So we didn't want that to happen, and usually we'd just take such cards out of our decks, but we still wanted to be able to shuffle our decks into our libraries for free, so we hit this compromise.

It only counts for the eldrazi titans though, stuff like It That Betrays, Artisan of Kozilek and Eldrazi Conscription are fine, as you would be running them in part for the annihilator effect (And annihilator 2 isn't that bad).

We actually also have one more houserule, but it doesn't really affect gameplay.

First player to play a land starts.
It causes people to hurry up in between games, and usually means the first person who died last game gets to start.
Overall it speeds things up.
>>
Post your Doran lists!!!!!
>>
File: minds dilation.png (113KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
minds dilation.png
113KB, 223x311px
i fucking love this card
>>
>>51144811
>What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder, and what's your biggest weakness?
my decks get exponentially stronger over time but my first draft of a deck is usually beyond awful
>>
>>51145647
From oracle rulings:
>To cast a fused split spell, pay both of its mana costs. While the spell is on the stack, its converted mana cost is the total amount of mana in both costs.
Please do not give people incorrect information if you don't know the rules.
>>
>>51146014
I made a Rashmi deck, put it in there.

It was so fucking awesome I added it to my Oloro deck as a target to cheat out with Academy Rector.
>>
File: 1480527213025.jpg (60KB, 195x293px) Image search: [Google]
1480527213025.jpg
60KB, 195x293px
>biggest strength as a player
No matter what the mood is at the table, I always make sure everyone gets along and has a good time. Plenty of stories, jokes, and advice to share. I am probably the 2nd most in-demand person to play with at my LGS.

>biggest weakness
I cant stop ripping apart my decks and turning them into something new after I play them, even if they were more enjoyable or better before.
>>
>>51146128
i want to make a rashmi deck but everytime i try it ends up being way more money than im willing to put into it

plus i have like a billion decks that rely on blue or green and its getting boring
>>
How fun is tasigur as a commander?
Im thinking political reanimator goodstuff but what are some other things that work well?
>>
>>51145205
Ignore me.>>51145647
http://blogs.magicjudges.org/rules/cr708/
>>
>>51146227
it's not fun at all to play against
>>
What's a good commander for a chaos based deck?
>>
>>51146413
Why do you say that?
>>
>>51145885
This would be a valid argument, but each annihilator card is fuck expensive. You're paying for the effect after all, it's not like you have Awakening zone, which creates the tokens but instead of the normal kind, they have Annihilator 1 in addition.
>>
>>51144811

>Strenghts
Threat assesment, godlike luck

>Weaknesses
Waiting for that one card that makes an incredible combo instead of playing less flashy, more effective cards
>>
>>51146452
Melek. Have fun copying warp world
>>
>>51146452
Obviously Ruhan.
>>
>>51144811

>What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder?
Player: Nothing makes me salty really (except people thinking I'm salty). I love lands destruction/denial and combos so I'd be a hypocrite if I did get salty. I actually enjoy getting blown out by janky shit, my brother popped off "Howl of the horde + Decimate" and I was playing breya, lost everything but it was funny to see it work.

Deckbuilder: Deccently good intuition and card knowledge in general.

>And what's your biggest weakness?
Player: I can mull things over a bit too much sometimes, have been know to spend 3 mins deciding if my combo can go off this turn with new decks.

Deckbuilder: Find it kinda hard to "scale down" decks. Always see what my budget allows and build the most degenerate combo-y shit I can. It's a curse, I want to have friends. Luckily my brother plays "20 counterspells, fuck you" and combos so we usually just end up laughing about it.
>>
>>51146014
I only think it's good in decks that want to cast a spell each turn, ie Rashmi or Vial Smasher. Throwing it in random decks has yielded unexciting results.

CommanderTheory ran the math on it and here's the quote:

"I doubt your opponents are going to skip casting spells on their turn because of this card, so let’s assume it hits on each of your opponents’ turns (and to make things simple, let’s also assume that they’re not casting spells on other players’ turns). They’re probably also running about 40 lands in their deck, so you’ll get .6x cards off this per cycle of turns, where x is how many opponents you have. In a 4-player game, that’s 1.8 nonland cards per turn cycle, although the number of useful cards you generate is probably even lower. For seven mana, I think you can do better."

Basically it's a 7-mana do-nothing but with a commander that benefits from a "first spell each turn" clause it's a great enabler.
>>
>>51146744

Vial Smasher/Thrasios seems like a deccent home for it.

Hell, just pinging for 7 off the cast is cool.
>>
>>51145943
That's not good either. You have people slamming lands on the field before anyone else even decides if they should mulligan
>>
>>51145647
>>51146079
This is because it's still one spell on the stack. If the fuse instead cast two spells instead of a single one with both effects, it would be a different case. But it isn't. To my knowledge it's not possible to cast two spells at the same time.
>>
>>51146467

It's banned in duel for a reason.

>It cost B, impossible to keep off the table
>Just pushes all other control decks out, he is the best control commander, hands down.
>Can just build all reactive spells and ruin the fun for everyone else.
>>
>>51146813
I've built Vial Smasher/Ishai and I'm testing it in there. Even if they kill it at the very least you'll get 7 damage off it and possibly more off whatever you get from it.

On a side note, I've been really digging Vial Smasher as a commander and I'm curious what people are putting together with her. My current plan is basically just Miracles. Like Entreat the Angels off a Miracle of X=5 has a CMC of 13. In one game I killed someone with an Unexpectedly Absent.

Super secret Vial Smasher tech: Tainted Strike. Cast your CMC >=10 spell and in response to the trigger give her infect. With Ishai and I can also randomly one-shot people.
>>
>>51144811

I'm good at deckbuilding and assessing card value. My friends often disagree with my card value assessments, but I'm somewhat vindicated by the fact that my decks tend to do very well in both EDH and draft formats. In fact, the last deck I built accidentally turned out to be way too strong for my group. It didn't have combos, expensive ez-mode staples, early stax or anything like that. It just had so much synergy that basically everything I did had a billion value-synergies to it. I ended up both controlling the board and killing everyone at the same time.

My weakness is my general impatience and overaggressiveness. I'm usually too lazy to pay attention every permanent on the board so my decisions end up being goofy a lot of time because of that. I tend to make a bit too many rash decisions also, I always prioritize a "an acceptable play now" over "really good play turn or two later"

tl;dr:
good decks piloted by a retard

on the bright side, I'm good at abusing the stack to my advantage
>>
>>51146984

Populaity/winrate suggests Kraum.
Thrasios is great; ramps or filters, lets you use mana you hold up.
Ishai, seems kinda fun actually, not tainting your deck with green so that's a plus.

the rest seem eh, Kydele seems good at first but she wants you to cast cheap cantrips and then any big stuff you cast won't ping anyway. The rest don't have any direct reason to play them with him, Maybe Ludevic? But he's kinda bad and way worse than Kraum.
>>
File: 1481245031587.jpg (81KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1481245031587.jpg
81KB, 500x334px
>wake up a few minutes ago, scroll through the last thread to see if anyone wanted any spicy deck help while I was asleep
>some anon literally asked if I had autism
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if I did, but no, not a medical diagnosis at least.
>>
File: RSqX8ePVNw[1].jpg (118KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
RSqX8ePVNw[1].jpg
118KB, 850x500px
How would you build a Kari Zev deck?
Red sac outlets? Pump spells?
>>
>>51147135
i probably wouldn't

if you want to build mono-red and use her, you could probably use grenzo and have a slightly easier time making the deck work
>>
>>51147150
>use grenzo
as the commander i mean
>>
File: soberasmyowngrandfather.jpg (180KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
soberasmyowngrandfather.jpg
180KB, 1280x544px
I got a beyond stupid story but its real

>playing yidris against gay greeks and atraxa
>have literally no chance of winning but decide to have some fun and cast cruel entertainment targeting the other players
>atraxa player takes control of greeks and decides his first course of action is to tap all the mana during the upkeep, no cards in hand
>draws into insurrection and says he'll cast it
>everybody tells him he can't since he tapped all his mana during upkeep and it empties between phases
>this guy proceeds to sit and think for 20 minutes about how he wants to control the turn with no options other just play insurrection
>says all I did was make the game complicated and tells me to take the spell back
>I ask him if he sure about it and he says yes
>reset back to before I cast cruel entertainment, target myself and greeks
>cast insurrection and kill atraxa player and greeks kills me on his next turn
>atraxa scoops and says gaining control of other player's turns is bullshit
>refuses to play if I play yidris because of that one card

>>51144811
>strength
Can build not so janky combos and go with the flow of any fluctuation of the board, including MLD

>weakness
I don't feel comfortable with any deck unless it has at minimum 28 creatures
>>
>>51147192
Kek.
I dont think you can just tap the mana for no reason tho. (Correct me if im wrong)
>>
>>51144811
Strengths:
>I can build a wide variety of decks at a mid-high powerlevel, even on a budget
>I've built combo, control, stax, aggro, tempo, and hybrid decks
>I know how to mana fix very effectively, and I can make a rampy deck like no one's business
>I always have balanced decks that draw cards well, have a nice curve, and are generally playable

Weakness
>Red. I do not understand how red works, and it's the colour I've built the least, though I am working on a pretty spicy Feldon deck.
>I can't wrap my head around removal. Obvious options are obvious, but I never know how to balance it with the rest of the deck.
>I LOVE big stupid bullshit. Every deck starts off with 20+ 5 mana cards, and I have to slowly whittle down the stack until I've cherry picked a reasonable selection
>>
File: commandersv2.png (5MB, 4066x1974px) Image search: [Google]
commandersv2.png
5MB, 4066x1974px
>>51144931
>>
>>51147319
>I dont think you can just tap the mana for no reason tho. (Correct me if im wrong)
Oh you absolutely can. Back in the day, there was this thing called "mana burn", where you would take 1 damage for each floating mana in your pool as you changed phases. You can tap down your mana the second after the untap phase, and you can even tap your mana to bluff people out during their turn, but you can't change tapping things down once the phase changes.
>>
>>51147319
You can.
>>
>>51147192

>Story

Is he fucking retarded?
>>
>>51147192
i probably would've said "yeah oops of course i tapped my mana in my main 1 but i forgot to draw so i drew my card after the fact" and then ignored you if you tried to argue
>>
>>51144811
I am very good at not dying and making comeback victories. I've had a friend say it's stressful to face me as the last player because he's never sure he can win.

My biggest weakness is I'm very stubborn and play bad politics because I try to brute force my way to a win.
>>
File: worldslayer.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
worldslayer.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>51144811
ok i have a plan for yahenni

>cast yahenni
>cast worldslayer
>equip worldslayer
>sacrifice something and slam someone
>literally fucking everything blows up except yahenni and worldslayer

but then

>main 2 starts
>no mana to unequip worldslayer, nor nothing to equip it to even if that was a possbility
>the next time yahenni swings, he will be kill
>>
>>51147412

>rest of the table ignores you because you broke the rules after blatantly fucking up.

The guy in story seems like he deserved it anyway to be honest, what a crybaby.
>>
>>51147343
My favorite thing to do with mana burn was kill myself as a last act of defiance.
>>
I'm good at making offbeat decks, I choose pretty oddball commanders and try my best to make them good. It takes a while and a lot of testing and tweaking but they usually work out well and I'm one of the better players in my playgroup.

My biggest weakness is that I think too much about tweaking though, if I lose to a card randomly I go through all the ways I can change my deck to beat it. Sometimes it works in my favor, other times I end up tweaking a deck so much that it barely resembles its original iteration and I just take it apart.
>>
>>51147497
>>>rest of the table ignores you because you broke the rules after blatantly fucking up.

if something like that happens in your group then damn son i feel bad for you

>"uhh exchuse me looks like you tapped your creature to the left instead of right, that's a game lossh"
>>
>>51147374
I wish it was a fake story but no this guy is real. He only occasionally plays with us because he likes playing only precon commander decks because they are fair and balanced, but he will also intentionally or not durdle for most games to make a plan and he gets ultra butthurt if anyone swings at him for any reason and even wrathed when no creatures were out because he didn't want discard

>>51147412
The guy misses triggers alot and doesn't read most of his cards before he plays them. He complains if someone else is ahead of everyone else but proceed to do things that only help that particular player out
>>
>>51147052
From the way you say it, it's more like Good decks built and piloted by a Savant autist.
>>
>>51146452
see >>51146552

I top decked a Scarmbleverse with Melek on the field, after those two resolved (I somehow got Melek back) I top decked Warp World

Played off a triple copied Mana Geyser...in a 4 player game.

It took us ~20 minutes to sort out each scramble verse so when I hit them with 2 warp worlds everyone scooped.
>>
>>51147494
Soul of New Phyrexia maybe? Or just use indestructible equipment ala darksteel plate
>>
>>51147494
Blow up worldslayer in response, or bounce it, with your floating mana before you murder everyone with worldslayer.
>>
>>51147565
Scrambleverse looks like hell but Warp World is some next level shit.
I would have scooped at double Scrambleverse if there was a ton of shit to resolve.
>>
>>51147590
yeah uhh let me just cast capsize in monoblack LOL
>>
File: 1484075864057.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484075864057.png
345KB, 640x480px
>>51147647
F-fuck you anon. Your plan was silly and I don't want to help anyways.
>>
>>51147590
Sac Worldslayer to Infernal Tribute with the trigger on the stack.
>>
File: 1480004471817.png (827KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480004471817.png
827KB, 641x640px
>>51147647
there are a lot of cards that can sac and recur artifacts in black. syndicate trafficer and fortuous find just came out in kaladesh
you don't have to be a big meanie
>>
>>51147769
thats crazy

since when did black start interacting with artifacts??? does maro know??

and dont post that shitty 2 mana enchantment that kills artifacts on upkeep kys
>>
>>51147824
Since Daretti 2.0
>>
>>51147913
but he's a rakdough
>>
>>51147921
Yeah but Rakdos rarely dealt with artifacts as well before, it's a slow shift on colorpie. Just like Polymorph effects in red.
>>
>>51147522

He seems like the type that would call me out for fucking up, from the story, so he gets the same respect.
>>
>>51147522
There's a big difference between something arbitrary like which direction you tap permanents which has no official rule, and tapping all you mana sources and trying to use that mana in another phase without Omnath or Kruphix
>>
File: 1482879572154.jpg (62KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1482879572154.jpg
62KB, 500x706px
>>51144851
Use gatherer you lazy fuck.
>>51144811
I do overkill strategies but i tend to be a glass cannon. I know how to fix my glass cannon aspect but i get too lazy to fix it. One good thing is that I have to be completely stopped because if i lose one piece, i still have more pieces to win
>>
File: 1476899715328.png (348KB, 605x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476899715328.png
348KB, 605x464px
>>51144811
Strengths/weakness?

Not really experienced as a deckbuilder, I've only done two. First one was a clunky train wreck, and the second one is decent enough albeit with alot of input from my one friend. I do think I have a good eye for certain card combos or finding obscure cards and putting them to food use.

As a player, I generally suck at shuffling cards, and I'm not exactly good at the reading people's intentions but I can read the field. I might be super salty but maybe it's because my playgroup involves a broken AF Narset deck, a Xur the Enchanter that fucks with everyone, aND a guy with a Derevi deck that loves grinding shit to a halt with Meekstone and Winter orb. I know you can't win all the time but it'd be nice to actually win once.

Aside from that, what cards from Aether revolt are people liking so far? I'm really interested in using that red mythic exile sorcery in Angry Omnath. Good for offensive and defensive play
>>
>>51144811

Since I am the "most blue" player and probably the most autistic (maybe those go hand in hand) I have good threat assessment with well tuned decks even with similar budgets.

>What's your biggest weakness?

Backseat gaming, some of the players in my group make silly mistakes, miss triggers and play too passively (with the wrong kind of decks). This leads to me giving suggestions like "Hey its turn 2 and you are the only one with a creature, why not swing" and then taking three damage for suggesting it.

I know this is a terrible habit
>>
Help me out with my Rosheen Meaderer deck guys. Am I missing anything?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rosheen-requires-fireballs-and-hydras/
>>
>>51148338

>Playing Zendikar standard with friend
>He's playing landfall aggro, I'm on Jeskai Land combo
>pumps a guy once, another pump, another one, another one
>"Dude you've played this deck before are you sure you wanna do that?"
>just looks annoyed and swings
>Valourous stance his guy
>He loses and leaves in a huff

Am I autistic, or is he just a bad sport?
>>
>>51148523
Especially in that scenario he is a bad sport.

Sure you could have been joking that you had the response but still he probably couldve played safer.
>>
>>51148517
Rings of Brighthearth and Bassalt Monolith to put infinite mana into an X spell (or your Helix Pinnacle)

Overall it looks fun for a casual environment.
>>
>>51147342
Do you have a list for sharuum?
>>
>>51148725
I'm actually typing one up now, I may post it in the next thread once its done.

A heads up, it has the potential to be good, but it isn't a fully optimized deck. I literally have no cards in it that don't interact with artifacts, and I avoided putting in a lot of common combos. Still, it isn't bad and if you can get an engine going you basically take over the game while quoting Archenemy flavor text which is a plus.
>>
>>51148517
That one fireball with buyback, maybe Wort to duplicate fireballs.
>>
>>51148517
I like >>51148814 idea to include wort.

I think there may be some other X spells that summon tokens as well as XX colorless creatures (and maybe some other XG/R) that dies and make little creatures as well. That would make something like ashnod's altar great for pumping up the next X spell.

Chord of Calling if you don't have it.

Also a better landbase.
>>
>>51148883
Gelatinous Genesis and Wurmcalling are great in Sasaya, he may get some use out of it in his deck. Also maybe Polukranos as removal?
>>
>>51148568

All my other friends play creature decks mainly, they were used to just slamming creatures into each other. They'd get salty playing vs me because I like spells and do shit like focus me in multiplayer. There would be an audiable groan whenever I said "Second, might have a response".

Shitty environment.
>>
>>51148926
I started my friends into magic, and it has been great, but some of them just refuse to use removal properly.
It took me months to convince anyone to even put removal in.
They would play with no boardwipes, spot removal or counterspells.
Now I am trying to teach them they need more than just creature spot removal.
I am proud that they all now have at least two board wipes and 3 kill/counterspells.
>>
File: Commanders 1-11-17.png (1MB, 1360x910px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders 1-11-17.png
1MB, 1360x910px
Strengths:
>Budget building, and making lists for other people.
>Being able to pilot other decks easily enough.
>Having a variety of options to play.
>Threat assessment at a table.

Weaknesses:
>Tilt very easily.
>5/6 of my current decks have Black in them.
>Can no longer count the amount of times I've scooped to Rest In Peace.
>>One of which was my own.
>>
>>51148804
That sounds great, i want to put together what would essentialy be a goldberg machine with breya at the helm but most people online seem to be building her just as combo.dec which while it's powerful i just don't want to win on turn 5.
>>
File: 1479761611020.jpg (63KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479761611020.jpg
63KB, 600x400px
>>51148998
>one of which was my own
Story?
>>
File: Jeleva.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Jeleva.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Playing a Jeleva list that's heavily focused on Jeleva herself, so I'm overloaded on haste outlets

What are some other creatures that get really good with haste? So far I just have Wrexial on that front.
>>
>>51148971

One of my friends ended up building a legacy dredge that can turn 1 kill.
He also built a "look at my budget" mill deck with glimpse and mind funerals, only creatures are hedron crawlers.

I'm so proud of him. He still gets salty when I counter his shit though.
>>
>>51149134
off the top of my head

Lord of the Void
Silent-Blade Oni (you can even do a ninjutsu with jeleva)
balefire dragon
hellkite tyrant
scourge of the throne
>>
I've got a rules question.

As far as I understand, if you tape merieke ri berit to steal a creature, and then untap her in response to the steal trigger, you can have an untapped merieke ri berit and a creature (or steal as many creatures as you can untap merieke for), but when she's untapped again after all the creatures come under your control, all of them will be destroyed right? Not just the last one that came under your control?

And what if, instead of untapping, you blink her in response to the steal trigger. Will untapping after the blink still kill the stolen creature then? Or is that creature just under your control permanently now?
>>
>>51149134

The titans?
Grave, Frost and inferno in your case. Grave is the best of the 3 if you don't want too many.
>>
>>51149134
Avatar of Slaughter and Avatar of Woe
>>
>>51149186

Yeah, I believe the triggers stack like
>Take control
>Lose control = destroyed
>Take control
>Lose control = destroyed
>Take control
>ect

then they resolved normally.

With blinking it, yeah the creature dies, "when merieke ri berit leaves play".
>>
>>51148998
>5/6 of my decks have black
Get on my level, 4/7 of my decks are straight up esper, and all but one contain blue and black.
>>
>>51149134
>Jeleva focused on her
>"What are some other creatures"
You need inst/sorc token produces instead. Promise of Power, Molten Birth, Lab Rats, Rise from the Tides, Army of the Damned and the likes.
>>
>>51144851
Do you run Eidolon?
>>
>>51149288
But I mean untapping merieke in response to the steal ability every time, but letting the destroy trigger resolve. Wouldn't the stack look like this after you're done with the untapping shenanigans:
>take control of target creature
Etc

And I'm talking about blinking her in response to the steal. So she returns before the creature comes under your control. My question is if untapping her or blinking her again will then desteoy that creature, since it's a "different" Merieke after the blink.
>>
>>51149060
Okay, so storytime.

>Be me.
>Playing Avacyn against a mostly dead table, only player left is Breya (it's my deck, so I know how it plays.)
>Breya has lethal on the table, but no flying blockers.
>Topdecking, Avacyn is too much mana at this point.
>Breya passes, praying to Emrakul for a spicy topdeck.
>Draw and windmill slam Descend Upon the Sinful.
>Quickly check to make sure I have Delirium, and I do. (It's not the main focus of the deck, just flavourful)
>Breya player sighs and Chaos Warps my Needle Spires.
>Shuffle in Needle Spires, reveal top card to be Rest in Peace.
>Realize I no longer have Delirium as it resolves.
>Descend resolves, don't get the angel token.
>Breya player does the math and realizes he was dead to the token.
>Pass, EOT he flashes in Breya.
>Scoop.

Rest in Peace is now my most hated card in Magic now.
>>
>>51149698

Yeah, they die, then the "take control" trigger resolves and does nothing.
>>
>>51149186
>First Part
If Merieke Ri Berit is ever untapped after you steal creatures, then the destroy triggered abilities of each creature you stole with Merieke will trigger.

>Second Part
If you blink Merieke in response to its activated ability, then you will not gain control of the target creature because you do not control the "version" of Merieke that is tied to the ability.
>>
>>51144811
A good understanding of the rules that can lead to some ridiculous interactions. I am a Johnny through and through
>and what's your biggest weakness?
Getting salty about being attacked with a miniscule board state. Though I usually deserve it because I have a propensity to pull off major bullshit wins out of nowhere
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>51146014
Fuck that card
>>
>>51149920
People have told me before that it is possible to take control of multiple creatures with her by untapping and tapping cleverly in response to her own triggers. Is that imppssible then?
>>
File: yasova.jpg (504KB, 938x768px) Image search: [Google]
yasova.jpg
504KB, 938x768px
Anyone ever run Yasova? How was she? Thinking of building her as my first non precon commander since I have a bunch of clone cards laying around I wanna use.
>>
>>51150105
That is possible. You just have to keep untapping her in response to the activated abilities. However, after the gain-control abilities all resolve, if Merieke is untapped or leaves the battlefield, all of the creatures you stole will be destroyed.
>>
>>51150159
>if Merieke is untapped
It should be "if Merieke becomes untapped."
>>
>>51148998
>return her
>not it
Want this card
>>
>>51150125
I have a foil that looks so good, but I haven't tried to build it yet
>>
File: Tidal Control_AL.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tidal Control_AL.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
My brother has this habit of playing really powerful decks all the time, regardless of the experience and power level of his opponents (including LITERAL first game players). I can usually go toe to toe with these decks, but I think it's a bit bad manners to pull out something like tuned ghave vs a new kalamne player

>be shooting the shit with my brother and ask if he wants to see something funny
>"sure"
>I pull out the "ocean" deck, a themed edh deck built around anything ocean related, with thassa as commander. Pretty average "sea monsters" deck with some obvious duds thrown in like ancient crab and leviathan
>i tell him "this is for you whenever you decide to play a deck wayyyy too strong and obliterate the table"
>he laughs and laughs, and asks to play a match against it
>Thassa vs OG sigarda.
>I happen to have a pretty silly opening hand, and keep it
>against all odds, the thassa deck begins pulling insane tempo plays and putting sigarda about two turns behind.
>thassa becomes a creature due to dud sea creatures filling up devotion
>procede to counter sigarda TWICE and beat face with Thassa unblockable damage,
> I got to 20 commander before he was able to wrath and eventually build his way back up and beat me

You should have seen the look on his face when a shitty "ocean" tribal deck got within snuffing range of his precious "tuned " sigarda. I swear, He is much more humble now.
>>
>>51150589
Blue creatures is the way to go
>>
File: avacyn.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
avacyn.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
Does anyone have any tips for building big Avacyn? Or for mono white in general (aside from "don't build mono white")
>>
So I got a question for you edhg, what are some good cuts/inclusions to an out of the box yidris deck?

Before you answer, here's some pretext.

My group has decided to do a sort of commander league where the 5 of use each pick one of the precons of that years release and each week we play a game with them and after can cut one card and add one card (picks going in reverse order of win). The catch is you can't add a card in any of the other player's decks. We all picked before deck lists were out so i got lucky getting lanturn, but my deck has not clear game plan.

First game was last week, where I cut the manefest rise of dark realms for seasons past. Atraxa picked up sire of stagnation (villan tribal). Artifacts picked up mox opal. Homos picked up the BFZ mana doubler thing. And the last deck had the gall to grab aura shards (we started this as a more fun thing rather than start being cut throat. I'd be less salty if every deck didnt have 10+ targets out of the box).

So far im just looking at good stuff for next pick. Malstrom wanderer, phantasmal image, or tarrastodon. Any tech i should look at that synergizes well with the chaos deck?
>>
>>51150960
Land tax, tithe, weathered wayfarer, mana tithe for shits and giggles, sky ruin, path and swords, wrath, sun titan most of the time.
Also maybe martyr's bond, since it's fun.

The rest is optional.
>>
File: received_10206381595618621.jpg (156KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10206381595618621.jpg
156KB, 1152x2048px
You guys get any neat stuff lately? I got pic related yesterday finally after wanting a foil Avacyn for about as long as I've been playing
>>
Is Talrand cheap to build?

Is buying the Mizzix precon a good way to start it or is it cheaper just to build it from scratch?
>>
File: 98746.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
98746.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>51151613
nice, I've been wanting to get Avacyn since I got into EDH but I somehow never got to buying her til now.

Anyway, I stocked up on Ttors recently. Vampiric, Demonic and Curel Tutor go in my Breya deck while diabolic Intent will go into my Atraxa deck which I'm thinking of turning into Ghave.
>>
>>51151613
What made you choose this Avacyn over the FTV one?
>>
>>51152078
Not him, but the older wording is objectively cooler
>>
>>51152078
>buying From the Vault: Pringles
>ever
Why?
>>
Got a From the Vault: Lore for $30.

What is the best value i can get from it ? Should i hold onto it and let it rack up un price, or should i scrap it and use the cards for EDH?
>>
>>51152197
I bought angels for 35 and lore for 25. Pretty good deals, since I neede an avacyn and dark depths anyway.
>>
>>51152387
I don't think this one will rise in price much. The only 2 valuable cards are the Jitte and dark depths. I scrapped mine and spread them out across some edh decks and made a legacy marit lage deck.
>>
File: 1476816802363.jpg (112KB, 965x711px) Image search: [Google]
1476816802363.jpg
112KB, 965x711px
>>51152387
Unbox it and build a Memnarch stax deck
>>
File: 224225.jpg (811KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
224225.jpg
811KB, 1400x1050px
>>51151613
As I'm pimping my deck, I finally got these a few weeks ago at my LGS. They just sat there in a binder for at least two years. Sadly i'll never be able to get them signed.
>>
>>51152387
Meh I don't think it will go up that much in proce unless you wanna sit on it for years, if you wanna use those cards than go for it 30 bucks for that set is great even for playing
>>51152461
I mean they're good theoretically I just don't trust them not to curve, they're worse tahn regualr foils
>>
>>51147494
Have other cheap indestructible artifacts around to sacrifice on future turns.
>>
>>51152531
My FTV:angels cards are all perfectly straight. Double sleeved them when I got them and put a few encyclopediae on them, and after a day of that I put them in a fat pack box that would have already been considered full, so they don't have room to curl.

The ones in my decks have no curling whatsoever either.
>>
>>51152518
Hot damn.
>>
>>51144811

>Strengths
I've finally gotten most of my decks on curve, so I'm rarely mana screwed anymore. And my decks have answers to combat my meta, so I'm rarely completely without options.

>Weaknesses
Sometimes I play too impulsively and don't plan for the long term. I also don't always understand my opponents' choices when it comes to threat assessment, which could just be me having bad threat assessment.
>>
File: disciple-of-the-vault-cropped.jpg (132KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
disciple-of-the-vault-cropped.jpg
132KB, 464x664px
>>51147824
*cough*
>>
Are dragons fun?
>>
>>51152748
delet this
>>
>>51152936

**Ban this
>>
>>51153022
Again?
>>
>>51153030

That was the joke, yeah.
>>
File: 1478882884314.jpg (37KB, 543x403px) Image search: [Google]
1478882884314.jpg
37KB, 543x403px
QUICK
I NEED A JUND COMMANDER THAT WORKS WITH A COUNTERS STRATEGY PLS HELP FAST
>>
>>51153464
FUCK

THAT'S ALL OF THEM
>>
File: 1484141094174.png (199KB, 262x266px) Image search: [Google]
1484141094174.png
199KB, 262x266px
>>51153515
FUCK
>>
>>51153464
Kresh, the Blood Braided
>>
>>51153464
Kresh get many counter, get much big man
>>
>>51151613
I'm still frothing at the bit trying to find a french version of descend upon the sinful.

Being an American can be suffering at times.
>>
>>51153843
Why are you looking for a French version?
>>
>>51150960
staxy effects to keep everyone as slow as you
>>
>>51153898
Not that anon, but there's a typo that says "" decent upon the fishermen"
>>
File: binder.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
binder.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
POST YOUR FAVORITE (NON MAGIC) COLOR AND ARTIST/BAND, AND HAVE SOMEONE RECOMMEND A DECK TO YOU

GRAY AND PERTURBATOR
>>
File: pervert.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
pervert.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>51151613
My boy is foiled now
>>
>>51146452
see
>>51145314
>>
File: IMG_2288.jpg (44KB, 757x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2288.jpg
44KB, 757x501px
>>51154203
Blue and system of a down
>>
File: down on the luck.png (14KB, 328x300px) Image search: [Google]
down on the luck.png
14KB, 328x300px
>>51150125
You have to run Yasova as an unstable combination of Voltron, Sac Outlets, and Control.
To use her you have to make her big enough to be relevant, have ways to protect her long enough to get running, and then ways to get value out of what you steal.

If you're planning on clone why not use Riku?
>>
>>51153464
None of them.
>>
>>51144811
>Thread topic: What's your biggest strength as a player/deckbuilder, and what's your biggest weakness?

Strength, Player:
-I don't get salty about losing or about things happening in game, even if they fuck me over. I see no need to be upset.
-Want to chat about things? I'm cool with it. Want to just focus on the game? That's cool too.
-Usually always having fun, even when losing (sometimes seeing how I lose is more entertaining than how I win).

Strength, Deckbuilder:
-I can build on a budget (budget for me is less than $100)
-Offer feedback to other people regarding card recommendations (budget or not, if that's what they're looking for)
-Can build a competent deck out of a dumb idea, as long as I find the dumb idea to be entertaining.

Weakness, Player:
-My desire for big, flashy plays can easily be noticed (and stopped) by other players.
-I don't play control or combo very well since I like to play fast (which compounds with the first point. I tend to overextend).

Weakness, Deckbuilder:
-A run a lot of cards that give me consistent results, to the point to where my decks can easily be disrupted because they are reliant on only one or two strategies.
-My decks; ability to respond to threats is typically only reactive, instead of proactive.
-Not willing to spend the cash on arguably better cards, and I don't own a lot of cards anymore.

>>51154203
ALRIGHT, BRO. I CAN'T PICK A SINGLE FAVORITE SO HERE ARE SOME COMBOS:

CERULEAN BLUE, COHEED & CAMBRIA
RED, METALLICA
NEON GREEN, IRON MAIDEN
NEON PINK, I THE MIGHTY
INDIGO, UNLEASH THE ARCHERS
>>
>>51149784
I don't even play graveyard decks and I also hate RIP. It's one of the most awfully designed cards in history.
>1W: Delete a zone from the game.
yeah that sounds balanced...
>>
>>51154385
Kaerverk the Merciless or Ezuri, Claw of Progress.
>>
File: maxresdefault_3.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_3.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>51152078
Dark blue and Blind Guardian
>>
Any advice for Rakdos Dragon Tribal with Kolaghan at the helm?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kolaghan-most-dashing/
>>
>>51154910
Fuck me, that was supposed to be for
>>51154203
>>
File: 6.png (110KB, 461x296px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
110KB, 461x296px
>>51154203
>he doesn't sort his binder by color
>>
>>51154912

Skithiryx!!
>>
>>51154824
The graveyard is a second hand at this point.
>>
>>51154910
Sun Quan, Lord of Wu or Aurelia, the Warleader
>>
>>51154912
(>>51154950)

Oh and Hellkite Tyrant, everyone runs some artifacts in EDH. Even if you just grab two rocks, that's worth.

Heartless summoning?
Semblance Anvil?
Metalic mimic from Aether revolt?
>>
>>51154203
Green and The Smiths.

>>51154203
Nin, the Pain Artist
>>51154385
Dragonlord Silumgar
>>51154814
Ulasht, the Hate Seed
>>
>>51154912

triple post, derp.

A lot of that does need to be cut for card draw though, black has a lot of pay life draws and red has a lot of wheels effects you'll wanna look into.

You need more coloured ramp too preferably, You have a ton of colourless production artifacts but not much RB.
>>
File: sufjan comfy.jpg (168KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
sufjan comfy.jpg
168KB, 500x482px
>>51154203
Maroon and Sufjan Stevens.

>>51154203
Glissa, the Traitor.
>>51154385
Circu, Dimir Lobotamist, or Lazav
>>51154814
Alesha toolbox or Basandra control.
>>51154910
Megeta the Lion.
>>
File: 52.gif (379KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
52.gif
379KB, 360x202px
>>51154203
Blue and Animal Collective
I recommend you play Titania
>>51154385
Alesha with dark confidant and magus of the moon
>>51154814
Zo-zu LD
>>51154910
Meng Huo tokens
>>51155141
Anafenza(abzan) hatebears
>>
>>51154203
Fugg

I guess blue and either Nick Cave or High on Fire
>>
>>51154203
Dark Green and Poets of the Fall.
>>
>>51153464

My brother ran a Kresh the Blood Braided deck I think would be up your alley. It could kill pretty quick but was also kind of vulnerable to disruption.
>>
>>51154203
Black
Vampire Weekend
>>
>>51154203
Green and THE GEROGERIGEGEGE
>>
File: January 6, 2017 115326 AM MST~2.jpg (692KB, 1930x1356px) Image search: [Google]
January 6, 2017 115326 AM MST~2.jpg
692KB, 1930x1356px
>>51154203
Purple and contemporary hip hop. I've been on a 21 Savage and Danny Brown kick lately.
>>
>>51155337
>The Gerogerigegege

Nice. Did you hear their new record? One of the best psychedelic garage rock type tracks I've ever heard on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGNTx6SrrE
>>
>>51155394
I did actually really enjoy it! I almost paid a dumb amount of money for a physical copy.
But what commander fits them?
>>
>>51147522
Phases are phases scrub, if you are such a rules hawk that nobody will let you go back you deserve it. Hold yourself to the same standard you hold others. We have a level 2 judge and 2 ras in our playgroup and when they fuck up they dont blubber to the playgroup.
>>
>>51154203
Blue and ABBA
>>
>>51155425

Not Green, but I could kind of see Heartless Hidetsugu in a "no fun" kind of way.
>>
>>51150095
How the fuck is that not U costed.
>>
File: hrite__1_.jpg (45KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
hrite__1_.jpg
45KB, 550x300px
>>51155460
I keep putting off building him too.
This must be a sign.
>>
>>51154203
blue and electric six.
>>
>>51154203
Yellow and Alestorm
>>
>>51154203
Green and Breaking Benjamin
>>
>>51145775
We have a decent house rule: if you leave the game, all permanents you own but do not control remain in play until they leave the battlefield.

That way steal decks don't lose their whole investment when the original owner loses. Though it does enable some kingmaking bullshit
>>
>>51147494
> Not enough mana to unequip

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51147494
You can't unequip equipment, it must be attached to another creature
>>
>>51155369
>braids, cabal minion

umm anon?
>>
>>51156240
it's for 1v1 commander
>>
>>51155961
Thats a pretty fucking bad house rule
>>
>>51156265

but it's banned? you're breaking the law anon, please be careful!
>>
>>51156301
duel commander has a different list and I'm pretty sure braids is legal(not the guy who posted the decks)
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
Can I get some feedback on this deck? When Baral got spoiled, I thought he'd be a great counterspell tribal commander. I need some advice in general, but I think I really need some help with the creatures. I don't know if I have enough good win conditions either. The main ones I could figure to put in were a late game Rise from the Tides, turning new Kozilek sideways, or self-mill with Lab Man.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-01-17-the-fun-police/
>>
>>51156323
oh fuck, i didn't realize there were separate rules for duel commander, my friend keeps winning with his oloro deck, but now i can crush his dreams and hopes

thanks anon
>>
>>51156348
Is this supposed to be "competitive" or more casual?
>>
>>51156371
I thought it'd be more on the competitive side since that many counters isn't exactly "fun" for a group of people
>>
>>51154203
Blue and Metallica
>>
>>51147079
I'll take any advice. I'm specifically thinking about card draw, which way to ramp mana, and just tightening up the synergy.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-12-16-mazirek-kraul-death-priest/
>>
>>51156400
ok then. First of, you're kind of shortchanging yourself going Baral over Azami. Counterspell decks generally have the problem of not actually having enough answers to lock up the game and assemble their combo. Azami provides the hard card draw if you include a lot of wizards(which often come with control abilities). Baral offers no such crutch. You have to rely both on your counterspells to stop your opponents, your card draw spells to keep you from falling behind(it's impractical to counter literally everything), and have space for wincons that don't get easily disrupted.

If you're hellbent on playing Baral that's fine but keep this in mind.
>>
>>51145224

Wrong
>>
>>51155221
>>51155141
Even though I like the color blue, I really Don't like blue the magic color.
>>51154894
>>51155222
Alesha and kaerverk look cool though, thanks for the recommendations.
>>
>>51147535
>doesn't read most of his cards before he plays them
no mercy
>>
>>51156452
Don't forget that a single Boseiju or Vexing Shusher can ruin your entire match in the turn it is dropped
>>
>>51149162
So an average legacy (likely manaless) dredge deck? Flame kin zealot isn't exactly top secret tech anon
>>
I am going to build ARCANIS and hopefully draw lots of cards

Is LabMan the primary win condition?
>>
>>51156452
So what wincons would you recommend for both commanders? And do you know of a good Azami list that I could look at to see whether or not I'd switch to using her?
>>
>>51154203
Blackand Meshuggah
>>
>>51156595
In my Azami deck I use: Lab Man, Infinite Turns of Archaeomancer + riptide lab, and Psychosis Crawler
>>
>>51156532

Most people use lab man or psychosis crawler, but those are just the simplest ways to win, if you're gonna draw your whole library, you can do whatever you want to win, you can find an infinite mana combo and then capsize every permanent, you can set up some sort of stasis loop that decks your opponents, you can just draw a million counterspells and bounce spells and win by beating down win small creatures while your opponents can't resolve a single spell, you can play a wurmcoil engine then clone it 5 times
>>
>>51156361
Duel Commander is also a very different game and not supported by wotc.
Don't think it'll just work.
>>
>>51156595

My favorite wincon in Azami is docent of perfection, you have a big turn with high tide where you make a bunch of wizards, and preferably clone docent of perfection, then finish that turn with a time warp, untap with a bunch of 5/3 flying wizards, on top of your Azami being 5/5 flying, etc
>>
>>51156348
is new kozilek a good commander? i like the idea of hitting a nigga twice
>>
>>51156295
How is it bad? I'm pretty indifferent to it because flip side is if a person gets a bunch of shit stolen then others can target them so that the thief loses all the stolen stuff. Either way someone can abuse the system.
>>
>>51156669
I honestly have no idea because I have never used a colorless commander. But if I had to guess, I'd say old Kozilek is better since he's got Annihilator 4, which is a pretty good way to lock out an opponent in a turn or two.
>>
File: Image.png (119KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
119KB, 223x311px
Cloned this guy the other day and then bounced him off himself made two 999/999 with flying
>>
>>51156348
Play remand, rewind, hightide, isochron scepter, dramatic reversal, more mana rocks, peregrine drake, mnemonic wall, ghostly flicker gilded drake and panharmonichon. Kozilek is a shit version of counterbalance and will make you feel bad more often than good. Also you can run counterbalance and smugly sit behind your top and counterbalance, but if you do that youll need every fetchland and the luck of a devil.
>>
>>51156682

I think steal effects are balanced around the fact that a player losing the game takes their shit with them. This house rule makes steal effects OP
>>
I read this article after getting "Breed Lethality"
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-20-breed-lethality-upgrade
Any anons here know what I can do to improve this deck? should i do what the article says?
>>
>>51156744
Bouncing him does nothing. Where does the first counter come from?
>>
>>51156744
>999/999
not big enough

>>51156800
i think he doesn't mean 'bounce' he is just referring to the counter loop
>>
>>51156800
Almost every card in my deck uses 1/1 counters in some way, I constantly find new two or three card combos that are OP as fuck

I could have made 999 1/1 flying trample creature tokens if I wanted but I won the game
>>
>>51156682
So it doesnt do anything positive, its simply trying to stack power into an achetype that is fine and you're jusr making yourselves worse magic players. Youre just being cucked because somebody wants to win but doesnt want to face the inherent negatives to said playstyle. Also homeword path is a card.
>>
I made a Derevi deck, played 2 games, lost two games because I got mana screwed (essentially I did nothing for 2 hours), and I already want a new commander.

I wanna do fun shit, be interactive, be actually able to win
>>
>>51156864
Build derevi correctly then. You basically failed at an extremely easy commander.
>>
>>51156873
I just kept bad hands and then Thalia, Guardian of Thraben put me so far behind I couldn't catch up.
>>
>>51156470
What part is wrong?
>>
>>51156908
If you know what you did wrong its ok, I used to keep dogshit hands and have just come to the point where I would rather have a game than try to follow a magic honor system nobody else is following. If you get pooped on next game post your deck list and we'll help you deck tech.
>>
File: 1326429488395.jpg (17KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
1326429488395.jpg
17KB, 313x286px
>massive Hokori spike

The fuck is happening
>>
>>51156971
Fags attempting a buy out. All the mtg finance folks have neen saying commander is where the money is moving to but they failed to say that edh is a bigger community that is less willing to pay.
>>
>>51154203
Red and マクロスMACROSS 82-99
>>
>>51154203
Crimson and Iron Maiden, the Protomen are also pretty up there.
>>
>>51157008
People will pay, to a certain point. I'm the guy in my group most willing to pay for good singles. Is there even any game-related reason for the Hokori buyout or is it just (((speculation)))
>>
>>51157137
The latter. If its an obvious synergy with a new card its reasonable, like master transmuter and breya, but this is an old card that doesnt interact with the current set and the c16 price changes already happened. To be blunt the fags doing the buyouts just hope nobody will notice and just pay.
>>
>>51144811
one of my biggest strengths is unique deck building. ive made weird decks that i want to make commander versions of. that and seeking secret tech.

weaknesses is buying and trading a bunch of cheap janky cards instead of staples i should be getting to make my decks better, for i am trashman. probably also leaving many piles of cards for a commander never to be made, working on that one.
>>
>>51156760
>>51156850
It's biased to allow someone who wants to play a steal deck to do so. Nobody actually plays steal decks in our meta anyways (closest thing is my buddy's retired mimeoplasm.

Like I said the rules as is in make the logical move for the other players to kill each other/who ever had the best/most shit stolen. The house rule prevents this by making the best move be to kill the thief. This makes the thief de facto archenemy while also rewarding the risk of being targeted.
>>
>>51157201
I did want one for Alesha but I'll wait on it and see if the price settles down
>>
>>51154203
Black and Burzum
>>51155337
Wort, the Raidmother
Gaping. YATAATATATATAATATATAAA
>>
>>51150125
Honestly you'll not be using her 1U/RU/R ability as much as you think you will. She's really hurt by not having white (anthems) or black (+1/+1 counters).

However, that isn't to say she can't be fun- I'd just suggest running 40-50% Green and using red and blue more as support colors. There's some merit in using the "5 power or more" themed cards from Alara and the various Temur mechanics, she's way more fun if you build her for middling power levels and some kind of thematics than building her for power.
>>
>>51154203
>Purple
>Black Sabbath
>>
>>51153464
Reyhan/Tana
Reyhan/Vial Smasher
Kresh
>>
>>51156420
Tasigur, the golden fang.
>>
>>51157550
Dio or Ozzy, it could make a difference?
>>
The worst part about buyouts is that the cards that get bought out never recover unless they're in print.

Hokori will suffer the same fate as mishra's bauble
>>
>>51157596
Dio
>>
>>51157550
Purple

Mahavishnu Orchestra
>>
>>51157137
It's speculation. People randomly will bank on some cards getting popular and buy them out in droves.
Kamigawa can be a good set to do this on though, since it wasn't opened very much. So people who speculate on Kamigawa might one day buyout somebody like Toshiro Umezawa.

I think it's stupid as fuck to force prices to rise on non-reserved list cards, but that's why people do it.
>>
File: IMG_6848.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6848.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
Thinking about taking apart my Zada Hedron Grinder for a Rashmi, Eternities Crafter deck.

Any recommendations?
>>
>>51157599
the magic community should dox the people who buy out cards and then literally show up at their door and letch them
>>
>>51144811
>Strength as a deckbuilder
I'd like to say it's the ability to turn a less than stellar, super-budget card pool into a number of fun-to-play, fun-to-play-against decks. I'm half Timmy and half Johnny, so it's less about winning and more about playing the game.

>Weakness as a deckbuilder
Incorrectly judging colors, commanders, and mechanics in terms of power versus others. I default to "all things are equal", even when that's blatantly false. I still feel like it's possible to make Adriana good, for one example (even with my shitty, mostly-bulk card pool). I am capable of pairing mechanics well, but I rarely actually think >maybe I shouldn't use this mechanic so that I can use the better one.

Strength as a player:
Being a fucking rock. By that, I mean that it's generally quite difficult to tilt me barring truly horrible things like a player who built a non-precon deck not knowing what any of the cards he put in the deck actually does (and even then, I'm generally pretty lenient on newbs, but there's a point where shit like that isn't excusable). That and I actually pay attention to the game as much as possible... even if that's partially due to me not knowing all the staples and such. Still, "what's happening now" is a lot more tolerable when the only thing I use my phone for is life calculation.

>Weakness as a player
Misjudging when it's time to use removal and when a threat is and isn't tolerable. I'll usually get too excited about having removal and nuke the first thing I recognize as powerful, even when my judgement is wrong or when a much, much better target comes up literally a turn after. I used to be hideously bad about this (targeting a Blind Obedience over a Rhystic Study with removal when I wasn't too desperate for haste effects, in the early game), but I'm trying my best to improve. The next big hurdle is sitting on a card without popping it too early or broadcasting what I have by keeping mana obviously open.
>>
>>51157763
Yeah.
Don't build goodstuff. Well, actually, build goodstuff, but god, give it some interesting claim to fame that other decks don't have.

Run all the Manifest cards. Stack it with Eldrazi or Phyrexian cards for delicious flavor. Run extra-turn tribal and craft some eternities. Put all the fucking trains in it- just don't make it another boring goodstuff list.
>>
>>51157763
you basically want stuff with big CMCs but have ways of casting them at a lower cost, anything with delve for instance
>>
Well this card order is jumping all over the fucking continent it seems

>started in Kentucky
>jumps to Michigan 2 days later
>I live in fucking Massachusetts

The fuck are they doing
>>
File: Yes Yahenii split him wide open.png (1MB, 1600x630px) Image search: [Google]
Yes Yahenii split him wide open.png
1MB, 1600x630px
>>51144811
>>
>>51156864
I haven't even played my first game and I keep rebuilding my Derevi deck, going with blue devotion and sacred armory
>>
>>51157763
>Thinking about taking apart my Zada Hedron Grinder for a Rashmi, Eternities Crafter deck
>taking apart mono-R for UG
Does not compute
>>
>>51152518
How much did you pay?
>>
>>51157811

I'll keep that in mind. Extra turns sounds fun.

>>51157900

Makes sense.

>>51158018

I haven't had much luck with Zada, she never seems to click just right, and literally every other EDH deck I have has Red anyways.
>>
File: playedexpectedgot brion.png (1MB, 1600x646px) Image search: [Google]
playedexpectedgot brion.png
1MB, 1600x646px
>>51157973
Are we doing these now?
>>
>>51156682
That's why stealing someone's stuff is risky, has a high cost. That's something that makes it different as a strategy.

Poopy rule
>>
File: 1323264555297.jpg (156KB, 652x573px) Image search: [Google]
1323264555297.jpg
156KB, 652x573px
Hellkite Igniter or Hoard-Smelter Dragon? Igniter is a kickass finisher but requires a lot of mana to get online, while Hoard-Smelter is solid repeatable removal with a buff, but no haste to make use of it fast and the removal is somewhat pricey
>>
>>51158189
naw i was just doing it for the joke on yaheenis abilities
>>
>>51158266
I'd go with hoard-smelter because I tend to value utility more than a big beater, especially one with a conditional boost. I will however concede that hitting someone with a rocket-boosted dragon is pretty metal.
>>
>>51154203
Green and Babymetal.
>>
>>51155141
>Ulasht, the Hate Seed
This would likely run too similar to my Angry Omnath deck. Nice suggestion, though.
>>51155221
>Alesha toolbox or Basandra control
Alesha looks fun. I would go for Basandra if she prevented just my opponents from casting spells during combat.
>>51155222
>Zo-zu LD
Color me intrigued.

>>51155703
Lord of Tresserhorn
>>51155709
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
>>51155803
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
>>51156420
Zurgo Helmsmasher
>>51157550
Darien, King of Kjeldor
>>
>>51154203
Brown and S3RL
>>
>>51151613
I just ordered a foil Modern Masters Ewitt. Should I have spent the extra bucks for a fifth dawn foil instead?
>>
File: tom-waits.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
tom-waits.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>51155141

Tom Waits and Yellow.
>>
>>51155221
Sidar Kondo and Tana with lots of instant speed pump spells.
>>51155222
Oona, Queen of the Fae. Go full Spirit They're Gone on their asses.
>>51155337
Keranos MLD
>>51155444
Sigarda Enchantress

XTC and red.
>>
>>51154203

Crimson and Streetlight Manifesto.
>>
>>51156425
Oh man oh man, I hope you're around, Mazirek is one of my favorite decks.

You have a lot of things going on there, but if you specifically want help with card draw and ramp, this is the package I run:

Draw:
>Night's Whisper
>Phyrexian Arena
>Sign in Blood
>Read The Bones
>Deathreap Ritual
>Harmonize
>Ambition's Cost
>Skullclamp

Ramp:
>Harrow
>Primal Growth
>Far Wanderings
>Rampant Growth
>Sol Ring
>Sakura Tribe Elder
>Explosive Vegetation
>Worn Powerstone
>Thran Dynamo

Now, in terms of ways to improve your deck, your first priority should be your mana base. 31 lands is far far too few, you should ideally be around 36-40 to make sure things work correctly. Basic lands are fine when you're running green, and as you can see from my ramp package, your manabase will tend to sort itself out.

Next, you're running a lot of things with fancy devotion, and you have a TON of 4 drops, so your deck can get bogged down a lot, particularly with your lack of lands. You're also running a lot of things that need tokens to be good, but not a lot of things that produce tokens for you. Quite often, your deck gets a little hamfisted and your board stagnates without a real winning board state showing up. Your removal is also a little... lack luster. You have things that synergize with Mazirek, but that doesn`t necessarily mean you're going to do anything with the tokens Mazirek produces.

You have to decide whether you want a combo focus, or a value focus, and tune your deck to that. You have a lot of hit-or-miss low impact things like vines of vastwood, fog, Vow of Wildness, and you also have a bunch of things that are very conditional, like victimize with no way of reliably filling your yard with creatures, or dread return with too few things to sacrifice to really benefit from it. Pick one thing and do it really well.

Finally, Mazirek is really fragile. I mean really really fragile. Make sure you're getting your bang for your buck, or you'll never cast him.
>>
>>51158266
I run both in Pia and Kiran Nalaar

Igniter is one hell of a fucking target with Summoner's Egg
>>
>>51154203
Green and The Weird Lord Slough Feg.
>>
File: file.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
135KB, 223x311px
Alright folks, Let's talk about Gonti and why he's so fucking fun
>>
>>51158882
>Sidar Kondo and Tana with lots of instant speed pump spells.
Ooh, that's a cool idea. I was thinking myself of making Tana and Bruse, but I think Sidar might be more effective with the token strategy Tana seems to like.

You don't happen to have an example list of the kind of deck you're thinking of, do you?
>>
File: conjclos.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
conjclos.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>51158981
Conjurer's Closet. Great curve.
>>
>>51158923
Oh that's fucking sick. Shit, gonna have to get that card now.
>>
File: 1484017891236.gif (498KB, 342x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484017891236.gif
498KB, 342x360px
>playing against Uril 1v1
Well, that ruined my night.
>>
File: 6.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>Catastrophe
>Destroy all lands or all creatures. Creatures destroyed this way can't be regenerated.
>10/4/2004: You choose land or creatures when the spell resolves.
So, if I'm reading this right, can I cast Catastrophe and then wait to see if somebody counters it to decide whether or not I'm blowing up their lands?
>>
>>51158981
>4mana
>Great EtB
>Can pilot BigBlack
>Pick what you want
>Can cast it the rest of the game
Red and Blue wish they could have thefttech this fucking good.
>>
File: Endrek.png (802KB, 1596x624px) Image search: [Google]
Endrek.png
802KB, 1596x624px
>>51157973
>>
File: Templatewhati.png (51KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
Templatewhati.png
51KB, 1596x630px
>>51157973

Here's the template guys, go nuts
>>
Green and the Mountain Goats. Do your worst.
>>
>>51159262
Damn it, meant to reply to >>51154203
>>
>>51159256
I fucking suck at making these.
>>
>>51159287
Me too anon, me too...
>>
File: KRUPHIX.jpg (259KB, 1554x622px) Image search: [Google]
KRUPHIX.jpg
259KB, 1554x622px
>>
>>51159362
Is that a stock ticker?
I don't get it.
>>
>>51159376
Learning how to read those candlesticks is the difference between a stock broker and a chump
>>
File: ZA WARUDO.png (688KB, 1596x640px) Image search: [Google]
ZA WARUDO.png
688KB, 1596x640px
>>51157973
>>
>>51159407
HOLY SHIT IS THAT A FUCKING JOJO REFERENCE
>>
>>51159437
Kami's Bizarre Adventure : Stardust Crusaders
>>
>>51158981
Because bullshit awesome clutch plays, that's why. You can't replicate it with Jeleva. Vomiting two stories from two threads ago
>>51112482
>>51113225
>>
File: slobad.png (901KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
slobad.png
901KB, 1596x630px
>>51157973
My first game with this guy was completely fucking batshit and now I don't think I can ever go back to another Artificer
>>
>>51159407
How exactly does Kami work with those two cards?
>>
>>51150125
I used to run her as commander in my weird landfall/seismic assault deck, but replaced her with Surrak Dragonclaw when my meta changed to everybody using counterspells.

I would just use her to steal small utility creatures so I could dash them against someone else's blocker, for the most part.
>>
>>51159488
The idea is similar to GW Selvala Stax. You would be using permission spells to lock your opponents from using the free cards they get, and mana rocks to keep your momentum going, essentially making the Orbs a one-sided effect.
>>
File: Bobo.png (1005KB, 1596x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bobo.png
1005KB, 1596x626px
>>51157973
>>
File: Kamahl.png (917KB, 1596x635px) Image search: [Google]
Kamahl.png
917KB, 1596x635px
>>51157973
>>
>>51159182
>>>You choose land or creatures when the spell resolves.
>>
>>51156131
>>51156150
that's what i meant you fuck

there are situations when i could play carrion feeder after worldslaying and then equip the worldslayer to him, in other words unequipping it. but sadly no mana to equip it again
>>
Mind helping someone who hasn't magic in quite a few years?
I don't have many cards, mostly just stuff from my infect cards and randoms I pulled back from when I was playing with friends.
I've got the following commander-able cards:
Emrakul: Promised End
Vorinclex
Sheoldred, Wthe Whispering One
I have an atraxa deck on order, but it might not come in because of distributor fuckery.
Should I buy a different commander deck?
Which one of the three commanders could I make somewhat viable for less than $70 barring the staples from a commander set?
>>
>>51159393
What does that mean in the context of Kru-
Suddenly remembering what managing floating mana
Pretty clever anon
>>
>>51154203
Cyan and The Cure

>>51155141
Thrun, the Last Troll
>>
How exactly does Gitrog win? All the lists I've seen look like weird durdly combos that just draw cards and don't do much else. Is it just beats with your fat deathtouch commander?
>>
>>51154203
Bluish grey and The Pogues.
>>
>>51159756
It ramps hard. I imagine Avenger of Zendikar wins would be trivial, if I had a Craterhoof. As it is, though, I usually just sacrifice the Plant tokens to Jarad and win off of that: I recently put an Exsanguinate in mine but I haven't gotten to test it out yet.
>>
>>51159717
It's actually a great deal easier than you think. You can use steel energy from pokemon as a mana tracker. Just put a die on it.

The difficult part is not blowing your load immediately.

>>51159756
Titania + Scapeshit + shit that cheats out lands
Big Guys
>>
>>51154203
Teal and The Devin Townsend Project
>>
File: What I played 1.png (747KB, 1596x634px) Image search: [Google]
What I played 1.png
747KB, 1596x634px
>>
>>51159756
Gitrog is less about a direct win and more of figuring out how to win after crushing your opponent in draw value.
I'm running it in Sultai with LabMan back up
>>
>>51159760
Damia sage of Stone, and you have to run Psychatog
>>
File: WatIplay Lazav.png (1012KB, 1596x634px) Image search: [Google]
WatIplay Lazav.png
1012KB, 1596x634px
>>51159238
>>51159362
>>51159407
>>51159469
>>51159587
>>51159597
>>51159835
>>
>>51159714
you can make a monoblack deck with sheoldred for cheap. i don't think sheoldred is the best commander for monoblack reanimator though since she is quite telegraphed and slow, something like chainer is more explosive and generally better imo (with sheoldred in the 99)
>>
Is Kydele too popular? I want to build her + Vial Smasher, but recently I see her everywhere from youtube to forums. Will I be a boring asshole with her?
>>
>>51159819
Ezuri, Claw of Progress
>>
>>51159941
I wouldn't worry about that unless you are playing online or already have someone running that in your local meta.
>>
>>51159941
A player at my shop runs that combo and think his is both edgy and original for running them with a bunch wheels and draw cards.
>>
>>51158981
>played gonti tonight
>steal a rite of replication
>play panharmonicon a few turns later
>finally get enough mana to cast and kick rite
>decide not to, and just win off a sepulchral primordial with double ETBs, and then reanimate two things from each opponent, each with double ETBs of their own.

Goddamn this is a fun deck
>>
File: 1325655675220.png (3KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1325655675220.png
3KB, 299x276px
>>51159995
The best feeling is taking someones top.
>>
File: kami.jpg (117KB, 667x1176px) Image search: [Google]
kami.jpg
117KB, 667x1176px
>>51159407
Anyone got any more of these?
>>
>>51159965
Any good tech for him you can recommend?
>>
>>51160028
My personal favorite is taking countermagic. Nobody ever expects mono black to cast a cryptic command
>>
File: commander.jpg (291KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
commander.jpg
291KB, 1596x630px
I spent way too long on this
>>
Most fun Black only commander? It's the last color I don't have in any deck and I have some pretty decent stuff to make it including reanimator cards and zombie cards
>>
File: roon.jpg (244KB, 1308x2048px) Image search: [Google]
roon.jpg
244KB, 1308x2048px
>>51160036
>>
Is Gong Midnight Guard banned at your LGS? I'm wary of rakdos charm all the time
>>51160158
Nice
>>
File: What I played 2.png (846KB, 1596x670px) Image search: [Google]
What I played 2.png
846KB, 1596x670px
>>51160130
More effort than me
>>
File: cena.jpg (17KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
cena.jpg
17KB, 480x318px
>>51160158
If I laugh any harder, I'm gonna start crying.
>>
File: edhtemplate.png (805KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
edhtemplate.png
805KB, 1596x630px
0 effort. but every time I pull off a berserk/blazing shoal kill it feels like I just bomba'd a motherfucker
>>
>>51159941
Tried it myself. Realized a few things:
1) Wheel effects are generally annoying to play with unless you draw cards that sort of reserve cards. (Scroll Rack, JtMS)
2) Vial Smasher plays supporting role and is almost useless unless you generate infinite mana for a GSZ kill. Most of her triggers will be from casting a Wheel. Which is a shame because Vial Smasher is a 8/10 fun card in of herself.
3) I found it way too easy to find a combo piece to go infinite with Kydele, and it made me realize that the deck wins most of the time because of that. I had a Reanimator package thay eventually got scrapped, Eldrazis eventually got scrapped as well.
>>
>>51159915
Thanks. I'm still getting into it and a lot of pals have been playing non-stop for years. They have some cards I can draw from, I just don't wanna be the one at the table thatstops their competitive atmosphere.
One of em runs stax, another runs superfriends,, not sure on the others. Might just run an infect deck and play executioner.
>>
File: 1481503021811.png (223KB, 335x506px) Image search: [Google]
1481503021811.png
223KB, 335x506px
>>51158882
hahaha holy shit, i have a sigarda enchantress deck. that is fucking uncanny
>>
>>51154203
silver and I don't listen to any band in particular but we'll say either video game music or Robert W. Smith
>>
>>51158917
I'm around, awesome advice, thanks.
I started playing mazirek for value with sac, tokens, and counters (reyhan, mycoloth, etc) but it's becoming more combo. I found out just how fragile mazirek is so now I'm trying to make it combat based token wave combo backed by a sac engine rather than just sac engine to infinite combo. I'm going to keep woodfall primus and puppeteer clique in to break up bad board states and what not though.

I keep vines of vastwood, fog, and vow of wildness in as political elements because of my playgroup's style. Each time I've drawn them so far they haven't been dead draws. I feel like I need some more spot utility things like krosan grip and abrupt decay, thoughts? More boardwipes?

What's the best keywords to find token generating etbs or effects on creatures on gatherer? Some more cards like mycoloth are what is like. I added pawn of ulamog and from beyond with the intention of adding awakening zone. Would a different strategy for token generation be more effective?

How good are straight draw cards in edh? I'm getting back into magic and mostly watch and playtest legacy. Are cards like sign in blood worth it? I thought that a more synergistic route like grim haruspex and skull clamp would function better.

Is cryptolith rite any good? I think it is a bit too conditional. And also how good is higher cmc land ramp like explosive vegetation?
>>
>>51160765
>What's the best keywords to find token generating etbs or effects on creatures on gatherer?
>gatherer

Nigga, use magiccards.info. It's even on the OP. Keywords are easy to use to on its Advanced Search.
>>
>>51160813
>>51160813
>>51160813
>>
>>51160707
You mean brown you fucking mongrel
>>
>>51154203
Red and MGMT
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.