[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 25

File: ss.jpg (282KB, 1201x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
282KB, 1201x1800px
Previous Thread: >>51103618
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-dawn-of-heresies/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-long-solo-vampire-the-requiem/
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8hwdwf
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ix0730
(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/midwinter-is-coming-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do your games feature alien life?
IGNORE ASPEL
>>
>>51134019
What do you think about the Clanbooks?
>>
>>51134540
The clanbooks are good, probably one of the best things in the 1e line, because they talk about clan structure, ideas for various types of vampires, the way the clans act and such, in addition to being fiction. Secrets of the Covenants is just fiction and mechanics; it talks about the covenants through a particular view point in various things (like the Carthian section is a 'zine), but it doesn't give you any expansion on the Covenants themselves really. Not like the 1e Covenant Books do.

It's fine if you like (difficult to read) fiction, and have already read the 1e Covenant books or are going to do all of your own stuff with them. But for a 'first timer' book, it doesn't add much to the Covenants at all IMO.
>>
>>51134239
>>51134239

Yes it was this guy.

I would basically like to know more about him. I got to chat a bit while fighting him, but I got nothing from it except that he's educated and kind of honorable (still refused to use a normal sword like me instead of a magic one). The battle was left unresolved and now he likes/hates me and I will meet him again for sure, so I would like as a player to have a general notion of who and what the fuck is my new rival. I've never dealt with demons and oriental creatures in WoD before today.
>>
>>51134823
They are the nobility of Wu Hua's Court in the Pit of Salt and Iron, a Hell within the Yin World. Each Corpse Tiger is educated in a specific art and sometimes, they take tormented souls to work under them for a specific project (rumors are that these souls are set free if the work finds the appreciation of both the Corpse Tiger and Wu Hua). They dislike Shinma (asian changelings) and Kuei-jin and believe themselves to be the only nobility the Middle Kingdom needs.
>>
>>51133045
>Going to make a CofD game in Argentina
>Help pls

First thing you gotta understand is there is a big difference between the province (zone of gran buenos aires), capital federal (buenos aires) and the interior (the rest of the country) which basically boils down politically capital federal matters, maybe province and nobody cares about the interior.

There was a big movement during the 1900s to move more and more people to the capital resulting in it becoming a huge parasitic blob.

Religion wise everyone pays lips service to the church because everyone takes the comunion because of gift and money but very very few people actually practice (this could be more in the interior)

Politically we had a period of many fascist goverment and the peronism. Peronism is the biggest predominant political party in the country and like an icecream shop it has 52 flavors. I have seen more blue collar houses with shrines to evita than jesus.

Nepotism moves the country. So vampire like i would say carthians or invictus dominate capital with maybe the lancea in the interior or none at all. Circle is non existant with the ordo dracul maybe hiding in capital universities or la plata (an university city)
>>
What is the general opinion on the fansplats like Genius, Princess and Leviathan?
>>
>>51135328

Leviathan?
>>
>>51135346
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/LeviathanTheTempest
>>
>>51135328
Princess is one of the more flesh out ones and generally pretty good. they're like Hunters++ and have a tendency to burn out because of the bleakness of the setting. Like jaded Superheros
>>
>>51135328
Genius sits in that weird spot as Not-Mage. Princess is okay, but not my tastes. I like Leviathan but it plays well with nothing and nobody, as well as being ripe for magical realms. Out of the lesser known fansplats I liked the Infected too, but Hurt Locker made a template that works just as well. Outsider is too on the nose about it's references. Dragon is just land Leviathan. Siren takes Leviathan, spits on it, and goes for gold. More people should look at Siren.
>>
>>51135050
Thank you.
>>
>>51134407
>Do your games feature alien life?
No, but I've always felt like it was unexplored territory.
>>
>>51135328
Genius is garbage, Leviathan is a huge mess, and Princess is pretty good for what it is.
>>
Doing a nMage game on roll20. Come sign up if you're interested. https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/66261/the-flower-city
>>
File: atom-002.jpg (41KB, 777x878px) Image search: [Google]
atom-002.jpg
41KB, 777x878px
>>51135328
I love Genius in thematics and fluff, but have never actually played it. Its really fun reading through the book, especially that first opening story about the man seeking immortality.

I'm playing in a non-CoD game right now and my super scientist draws heavily on inspiration from Genius [and the Sons of Ether].

Also Genius sort of terms the nWoD into Venture Brothers RPG for better or worse.
>>
Bumpo.
>>
File: wtf-people18_1.jpg (36KB, 570x410px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-people18_1.jpg
36KB, 570x410px
>Aspel: the Ingorance

Players get to experience the "literal horror" of being a bloated basement dweller that has no life during an internet outage. Literally.

Also, players never bother to read the sourcebook but still argue about it.
>>
Has Onyx Path made a single product that doesn't blow chunks?
>>
>>51138012
What do you have against chunks?
He's a great guy.
>>
>>51138012
The new vampire and werewolf corebooks were solid.. and then the writing just sort of plummeted after. I think most of Secret of the Covenants was spend formatting it and making those unreadable fonts.
>>
>>51138029
Rich Thomas sextape when?

>"There's one way you can keep your jobs," drawled Ericsson in his lilting norse accent, "and that's to show due deference to my blood-engorged junk... now prepare for full-assrape stiffnes..."
>>
>>51137984
>>Aspel: the Ingorance
>Players get to experience the "literal horror" of being a bloated basement dweller that has no life during an internet outage. Literally.
>Also, players never bother to read the sourcebook but still argue about it.

The scariest line to date.
>>
>>51137984
>>51138217
This is not ignoring Aspel.
>>
>>51138081
>Dracula's breeding

NOPE NOPE NOPE
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>
I don't wanna go to any of the towers

Can I stay in the abyss instead?
>>
>>51139290
Not... Really.
>>
>>51139350
But the towers all blow

I'm gonna make my own tower
>>
New player question. Is it 'better' to spread experience points between mundane and supernatural merits/skills or to focus on improving mundane or supernatural effects until you get to a decent baseline?
>>
>>51138278
I didn't see us replying to anything he posted. You need either reading glasses, reading comprehension classes, or a good psychiatrist and access to antipsychotic drugs for your delusions and hallucinations.
>>
>>51139805
I would say it's better to spread them. Helps to make a more fleshed out character.
>>
>>51139805
Stop powergaming, you silly bitch. Invest in skills and abilities that make sense for your character instead of obsessing over getting a fistful of dice for your Resilience rolls. This isn't X-Box Live, cunt.
>>
>>51138278
Are you a Mod? Can you track IP? I ask because YOU want us to ignore someone who can't be identified unless they say who they are, without discussing who they are or why we should ignore them, or communicating to anyone new to the thread about who Aspel is, what he's done to deserve being ignored or why that text is posted in OP in the first place.

So unless you're a fucking psychic, you really should shut the fuck up, bite the shit sandwich and tell us how good it tastes.
>>
>>51140535
>>51140223
>Whining about something is ignoring it
Am I in the Twilight Zone?
>>
>>51140736
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call... the Traditional Games Board.
>>
File: nightmare20000.jpg (41KB, 481x365px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare20000.jpg
41KB, 481x365px
>>51140786
>>
>>51140736
>Whining about whining

You need to take a serious look at your life.
>>
>>51141139
Accurate Representation of Apsel
>>
>>51141297
Yeah, Shatner doing his level best to IGNORE X
>>
what disciplines would the Chocula clan have?
>>
>>51141642
Choculation?
>>
File: 1435777171649.png (243KB, 550x578px) Image search: [Google]
1435777171649.png
243KB, 550x578px
>>51141224
>whining about whining about whining
>>
File: Spoiler_Image.png (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler_Image.png
2KB, 100x100px
>>51141896
>>whining about whining about whining
about whining
>>
>>51141224
Anon, when people are shitting up a thread because they don't like another poster and that poster hasn't even posted there's good reason to get annoyed.

I just wanna talk about fucking wizards.
Like how they're the best
>>
>>51142834

I think you really need to check you magic privilege.
>>
>>51141642
The ability to transform blood into chocolate milk. This Discipline does lethal damage to Mortals and leaves serious questions at the morgue.
>>
>>51142935
Coroners and morgues in the WoD must have a dont ask, don't tell policy about all the weird shit right?
>>
>>51142330
I am actively encouraging this thing.
>>
>>51142913
I'll check your privilege.
With my magic.
I can do that, you know.
>>
>>51142935
Wouldn't that change a mortal into a jar of cacao
>>
>>51142947
>Coroners and morgues

In major cities, aren't all coroners supes or under their direct control?
>>
>>51142960
>I'll check your privilege.
>With my magic.

What Arcanum control privilege?

Fate? Prime? Mind?
>>
>>51143051
Depends.

Life would check your white privilege, thin privilege and able-bodied privilege, Matter would check your rich privilege, etc.

Prime 2 can check all privilege, like it can universal counterspell
>>
>>51142947
Have you ever seen The Prophecy series of films?

The poor Coroner in that keeps files on the bizarre angelic bodies that show up missing their eyes (and promptly disappear from the morgue) but anyone he tries to discuss the cases with thinks he's fucking crazy, so he keeps the files in his office and only discusses the cases with people who ask directly about such weirdness.

I recommend those films, by the by - they weren't SFX extravaganzas but they told a pretty epic story about fallen angels.
>>
>>51143025
no, just turn every vein on their body and their eyes brown and kill them from oxygen starvation.

Fucking brutal way to go, all jokes aside.
>>
>>51142834
>that poster hasn't even posted

Oh, so YOU'RE a Mod with the ability to track IP's now? Or did the Renticulan Alien Implant lodged in your nasal cavity grant you Remote Viewing Numina?

Face it, pal, no-one knows who Aspel is unless Aspel himself says "It is I, Aspel."
>>
>you're immortal
>but not really because your head explodes when your brain alien fucks another brain alien

Worst character option ever?
>>
>>51143232
Depends. Can the character live without a head, like Es Y'Golonac?
>>
Is Kek in the Temenos?
>>
>>51138075
The Pack and the Neolithic dark era were both great too.
>>
>>51144045
Every fucking Meme exists in the Temenos.
Every.
Fucking.
Meme.
>>
>>51144045
Yes. Just like lol, and lmao.
>>
>>51144054
Yeah. But the Viking and 70's dark eras sucked.
Seriously. The 70's ought to be the decade of the Idigam wars. But that's just brushed away.
>>
>>51144045
Kek is the evil deity that empowers Heroes, the direct opposite of the Dark Mother
>>
>>51144180
No. Kek is just the embodiment of slightly offensive and/or annoying jokes.
It doesn't have nearly enough minds focused on it to be considered a god.
Probably reaching up towards rank 4 now though.
>>
>>51144180
>evil deity that empowers Heroes

How could anything that punishes vile abusers be considered evil? Do you think preventing child abuse or domestic violence also falls under the ambit of dark forces?
>>
>>51144467
>He murdered someone therefore we should murder him, and this is morally justified
America pls
>>
If you are setting the game in the past what do youbdo about skills like computer or firearms
>>
>>51144475
So how would you dispense Justice?
>>
>>51144475
>America
>not Hamurabi
>not Romans
Anon, you are trying too hard
>>
>>51144503
Code-beaking and archery
>>
>>51144475
You can't really imprison Beasts and they are by definition recidivists, so yes, I don't thing murder is a bad solution.
>>
>>51144475
>implying any prison is capable of holding a Beast
>>
>>51144511
>>51144574
>>51144585
Psychic surgery.
>>
Is it possible to run a mage game thats as chill as Mushishi. Just chasing mysteries?
>>
>>51144683
no
>>
>>51144475
Oh okay, what rehabilitation and treatment is available for a literal monster that has an insatiable desire to traumatise individuals and ruin lives?

That's right, FUCKING NONE. Sack up and pull the trigger.

>"Everyone knows that Heroes get medals"
>--- Wreck It Ralph
>>
>>51144475
They're not human. Why give them human rights? Shall we liberate the toasters next?
>>
>>51144503
Sub "Firearms" for "Archery".

"Computers" would just get switched out for something useful specifically for your Chronicle. By way of comparison, Dark Ages included Knowledges such as Theology, Seneschal (the knowledge of how to admin a small fiefdom) and Hearth Wisdom (the everyday mysticism of the people - herbalism, knowledge of the stars and seasons, childbirth, etc.), while Victorian Vampire included Enigmas (functionally the same as it is in Werewolf: the Apocalypse).
>>
>>51144683
I think just vanilla Mortals might be better for that.
>>
Do you guys perhaps have some interesting circle of the crone npcs that you used in your games?
>>
>>51144824
I have a couple. A Gangrel vodouisant who led a gang-cult of ghouls and supported the old decrepit prince against the various upstarts, and a charismatic Daeva serial diablerist who built a cult around him, then killed and drained the elders.
>>
>>51138012
V20 and W20 were good.

Also, Hunters Hunted II is amazing. Like, "I can't believe those asswipes at Onyx Path managed to make something like this"-amazing.
>>
>>51144871
Gangrel seems interesting.

So far I only have one that was member of fascist/pagan organization before she was changed into vampire and kept those beliefs afterwards. Now she was forced as an aide upon the sherif
>>
>>51144747
If the toasters were sapient, yes.
>>
>>51144475
>America pls

pleb pls
>>
>>51144661
>Psychic surgery.

Bullets are cheaper and cost less tax money.
>>
>>51139542
This post has been Tremere approved.
>>
How do you raise backgrounds in VtM?
>>
>>51144176
Well, it is more important to mention Gay rights and Stonewall Inn than Idigam
>>
File: ripit.gif (960KB, 250x137px) Image search: [Google]
ripit.gif
960KB, 250x137px
>>51146775
With ingame EXP and you ST's permission? I dunno what to tell you kid.
>>
Nosferatu: are they blue or green?
>>
>>51143051
>>51143060
Jokes aside, "privilege" is the numerous advantages one has throughout their life that help them where others might not get help. You would be able to tell how advantaged someone has been with a Fate Knowing spell.

"Check your privilege" essentially means "be aware of the many ways that you've had advantages other people have not, and rethink what you're saying". This would probably be an altered version of the Mind 2 spell Emotional Urging, or the Mind 4 spell Terrorize. I'm honestly surprised there's no better Mind spells for putting thoughts in someone's head.
>>
>>51147104
I'm just checking. V20 says roleplaying it is enough.
>>
>>51146775
>How do you raise backgrounds in VtM?

Depends on the ST, some might not allow for increasing backgrounds at all, but I personally usually run with the player having to work hard and really put in effort at, you know, increasing it. Plus, usually spending some experience.

Gaining the background of Fame shouldn't be as easy as just starting a youtube channel, after all; you gotta do stuff, stuff that makes you stand out and be remembered, and then keep working hard to ensure people don't forget you the moment you look away.

And for stuff like Generation, you'd have to find some powerful and older vampire to suck all the blood from, and so on.

>>51147167
>Nosferatu: are they blue or green?

I'd actually describe them more as pale.
>>
>>51147167

Black, kind of by default. Decay and all that.
>>
>>51147381
Thank you for the answer. I mostly wondered about things like Status, Mentor, Resources and the like.
>>
>>51147216
Fuck on out of here please.
>>
>>51144511
>Killing more people is just
Restorative justice is literally better for all involved than retributive justice.

>>51144574
>>51144585
>>51144704
So Heroes are okay, even though they're violent dangerous vigilantes that often go out of their way to cause collateral (since they want the accolades for "saving" the day) and don't care about due process, but a Beast who literally does the same thing, except with the foresight to not harm anyone else, is bad?

I'd rather have Dexter Morgan running around than some crazy Batman wannabe.
>>
>>51145112
>fascist/pagan
I'm starting to think /tg/ just doesn't know what fascist means.
>>
>>51146965
>Let's set a game in a different time period but completely ignore that time period's cultural struggles in favour of focusing on the default chronicle type from the modern corebook
???
>>
File: vampirebackground.jpg (115KB, 900x473px) Image search: [Google]
vampirebackground.jpg
115KB, 900x473px
So, im running a Ht:V game set in 1979 Miami and I was wondering if anybody might have any interesting plot ideas about how that would go down.
The only books im using is second edition CoFD and HTV+Mortal remains+Hurt Locker. The campaign so far has mostly been a "Block by bloody block" type campaign where the feel is vaguely pulp fiction and we've been gunning down vampires in clubs like its nobodies business. Im trying to find some level of subtlety to include though, which feels difficult with the tone i've already set. The players currently own a club in coconut grove (one of the more popular party districts of Miami) if that helps any.
>>
>>51148351
Ech mate here where I live there were fascist movements during the period between world wars. A lot of them incorporated pagan imaginery into their stuff. Today radical right wingers in my country often use the same stuff and call on legacy of those movements
>>
>>51148332
You don't get it, anon. Dexter is the Hero. He wouldn't exist if the other serial killers didn't exist.
>>
File: 161.jpg (360KB, 846x1024px) Image search: [Google]
161.jpg
360KB, 846x1024px
>>51148351
No one knows what fascism means anyway. It probably means "something I don't like" now.
>>
File: vampireskull.jpg (12KB, 173x240px) Image search: [Google]
vampireskull.jpg
12KB, 173x240px
>>51148421
I know nobody cares, but I drank a ton of coffee so fuck it.
The cast of characters is as follows:
Sofia Rodiguez: Beat Detective , her parents were cuban immigrants, now dead. She is the de-facto organizer of the party and the bartender at the club nowadays. She is a mental primary with tons of points in investigation and various investigation merits

Jason Carr: A vietnam vet, dishonorably discharged when he began to rant about gooks that could not die. Has horrific ptsd from his experienced translating vietkong code in the middle of the jungle. Now owns a video store, runs the video camera security in the club. He is the getaway driver, with most of his exp sunk into his crafts , drive, and the stunt driver merit.

Donny "Duke" White: Donny is a massive 6'4 African-American DJ. His beats and bars hit almost as hard as his fists. Physical primary, what he doesnt have in strength and brawl he sunk into expression and empathy to increase his dj'ing skill. Interestingly enough took the "Aura reading" merit, which upon successes makes him a more effective DJ (Never thought of that interaction before)

George "Georgie" West: Used to be an old swamp coot, now helps Jason run security for the club. He has a permanent leg wrack tilt, due to being so damned old. Has not told anybody what happened to his leg. Honestly doesn't matter though because he is a crack shot with a rifle, and is a terror to the vampric populace with his strange knowledge of homemade explosives.
>>
Dio Brando is a Daeva right?
>>
>>51148454
Oh, right, THAT kind of pagan.
I thought you meant, like, they were fascist rulers, which is something that would be hard for the crone, since they're fringe freaks. But I could totally see someone like Varg Vikernes in the Circle.

>>51148501
Yes he would. Dexter doesn't need to kill only serial killers. He kills because it feeds his Dark Passenger. He literally has a Horror. He kills serial killers because his father taught him to have a Code. It's not even a moral compunction [mostly], it's self-discipline and dedication to Harry.
Also, Heroes aren't made by Beasts.
>>
>>51148795
>Hero
Heros aren't made at all. they just Appear. Just is fucking stupid and lazy. The only metaphysical mechanism is the story telling say these Heros appear which is bullshit and stupid.

So yeah Heros don't exist unless Beasts are around. That heavily implies that Heros are Made by Beasts in a narrative style.

Conclusion: Beasts make Heros by existing.

Otherwise they would be hunters
>>
>>51148795
Yeah should have made myself clearer. IMHO CoC would have appeal for this kind of people that are fringe of fringe groups
>>
>>51149248
>It's stupid and lazy that Heroes just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Strix just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Idagim just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that VII just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that True Fae just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Hobs just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Mysteries just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Vampires just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Demiurges just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Alchemists just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Beasts just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Werewolves just appear
>It's stupid and lazy that Mages just appear
Heroes exist if Beasts aren't around. That is literally a thing the book explicitly states.
Beasts, Werewolves, Mages, and (when made by a Demiurge) Prometheans all have no real metaphysical mechanism other than the story telling that these people were Devoured/Changed/Awakened/were Created.

>Otherwise they would be hunters
No, they wouldn't, because of their connection to the Primordial Dream, which exists regardless of any Beasts in the area. The Primordial Dream makes Heroes. It makes Beasts. They don't make each other.

>>51149347
No, you're good. I took "fascist" to mean "a fascist political party", and that seems unlikely due to the Crone rarely having that kind of political power, or even internal structure. I could see them being pro-fascist, though, and playing Second Estate to stereotypical occult Nazis.
>>
File: HunterLogo.png (94KB, 370x183px) Image search: [Google]
HunterLogo.png
94KB, 370x183px
>>51145056
>WoD has amazing stuff for hunters.
>Instead, they do that.

Why?
>>
A GUI for a Supernal Atlantean Spellbook - Mind 3 or 4?
>>
>>51149523
Vampires are sired
Werewolves are birth
Mages awaken
Prometheans are Frankensteined
Changelings are kidnapped and soul fucked
Hunters have the Hunters response. Human will to say NO Fuck You

There are Metaphysical reactions in the world that continues to make them. there goes your Fail greentext argument.

Also Crone can totally be fascist if they want to be. They just rarely have the power to do such. Fascism as a tool doesn't care about religion you tard.

>Dream
So Beast and Heros are the Same Awesome good to know. They can go fuck themselves in an eternal circle jerk. At Least the Hero is fighting an Alien Mind Probe Furry, which will put an end to it.
>>
>>51148351

I think you have a very narrow understanding of what fascism is.
>>
>>51148715
He shares the charisma, super speed, super strength and hypnosis, so I'd say yes. The Stands would probably be special ephemeral beings with an unique Manifestation similar to the Familiar one used by Mages.
>>
File: loliGun.png (133KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
loliGun.png
133KB, 313x382px
Heros are focused on the Beasts with their fuckery
Beasts are aimless with their fuckery

In the anthology

ExFriend - Trying to put an end to the suffering. A little Emo, but all she does is drag some guy across state. then gets herself killed. Which causes her kipnapie Beast to commit Suicide. Sweet.

Subway Cop - Storms the monster's lair. the only collateral damage is on the non human side. So all's good for humans. and Exactlly it's the supes that kill the beast. so Double points oh rescuing a promethaen turn human. triple points.

In the Adventure module

Another cop - gathers a posy to go attack the PCs. Just like some gangsters. and? It's dangerous, but again so can regular mortals in the know

Blogger - Provides Intel and gets smashed by the big bad. Literally all he's there for

Actually The Beast in the adventure was about to commit MASSIVE collateral damage for no reason. Bombing the a building full of people. so Double points.

Beasts more destructive than Heros Confirmed
>>
How would you use the Slender Man in your campaigns?
>>
>Beast discussion

Well, at least we've settled into some kind of equilibrium, even if I don't care for the game. It's not like things can get wo---

>Beast: The Primordial - Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes had just released

Goddamnit.
>>
>>51150668
I wouldn't
>>
>>51149971
>There are Metaphysical reactions in the world that continues to make them.
So, you mean, like Heroes?
Also, Mages Awaken, but there's no metaphysical reason why any particular person Awakens, just like there's no metaphysical reason why any one person becomes a Werewolf. Other, of course, besides the narrative.
Prometheans are created when someone becomes a Demiurge, and why someone becomes a Demiurge has no real metaphysical reason other than the narrative.
I never mentioned Changelings at all.

I'm sorry that you're so fucking incompetent, but don't blame anyone but yourself.

>>51150249
>Another cop - gathers a posy to go attack the PCs. Just like some gangsters. and? It's dangerous, but again so can regular mortals in the know
You mean "sends uninformed mortals to their death as a distraction".

>Actually The Beast in the adventure was about to commit MASSIVE collateral damage for no reason. Bombing the a building full of people. so Double points.
Yes, but the players weren't, and the players were the ones that get attacked, not Esmee.
>>
>>51150812
Did it? Anyone got a link?
>>
>>51151049

It came out a half-hour ago and it's not a KS stretch goal, no one has a link.
>>
So, when do you suppose we will get more info on Deviant?
>>
>>51151801
inb4 quietly canceled.
>>
>>51151801
Dave was in a car accident, probably not for a while
>>
>>51151872

I think it'll arrive, but it might have been announced far too early.
>>
Tell me: do you think it's possible to run a Dark Souls game with CoD rules?
>>
>>51149675
What are its flaws, aside from not being what people wanted (and baffling illustrations)?
>>
>>51152490
This comes up now and again and the answer is always 'probably' assuming you focus more on the themes and exploration more than the mechanics and videogamey logic. Theres a partial conversion on the onyx path forums somewhere too.
>>
>>51143051
>>51143060
Just go into the astral realm and beat the shit out of the concept of privilege till the meme is dead.
>>
Lets say I want to run a game of Mage for some friends but have no experience with the storyteller system. What version do I start with?
>>
>>51155423
I'd advise Awakening 2e.
Read through the core book (Chronicles of Darkness) first, if only so you can get a good handle on the base mechanics before you start worrying about Magic and so forth.

Also Magic can be a bit of a hastle to get your players to deal with, so either write out yourself, or print off the Magic cheat-sheet from the back of the book.

Back in 1e, I wrote out all the damn tables, purviews, and the nature of the practices in this booklet, and kept referring back to it for Improvised Spellcasting. It's really helpful. It also helped that I was a gigantic asshole and took Extemporaneous Affinity.
>>
>A Horror canonically sunk the Titanic

I can't believe CofD is oWoD now.
>>
Can you use Yantras when summoning a supernal entity?
>>
>>51156226
Who?
>>
>>51156362
No, it's not a spell.

However you can incorporate items, actions and so forth sympathetic to the Path in order decreases successes required.
>>
>>51148552

The actions of the PCs have angered an old powerful force in the city. They are not aware of this, but the powers that be have come to fear them and set aside (at first sight) their fight to put pressure on them.
They will do whatever is in their power to send proxies to strike at their weakest assets, trying to take them out one by one.
The proxies, even if caught and interrogated don't truly know the full extent of the conspiracy against the PCs but they do know that someone on their team is a traitor.

Keep taking the PCs on solo quests where you talk with them alone (about nothing, but they cant say shit to the other players, pass them notes that say shit like -you look at X, look at this note again, look at me, grin, and pass me the note again)

Make them paranoid as fuck.

Then, when they finally start to piece together the puzzle they realize this whole shit is much bigger than even this city and there is a power behind the throne even bigger than the factions united to kill them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>You can change reality to suit your whims. So can they. You want to fly. They don't believe you can.

>This conflict in belief between you and everyone else is called Paradox, and the consensus (the unconscious beliefs of the rest of mankind) metes out punishment through Paradox.

Was R. Kelly an Awakened?
>>
>>51148332
>So Heroes are okay
I never said that. Only that Beasts do deserve to die and for very logical reasons.
>>
File: thisishowkurtdidit-pepe.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
thisishowkurtdidit-pepe.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>>51156933
Im just shocked a single person responded at all.
>>
>>51151935
>Dave was in a car accident

I thought Dave was eaten by crocodiles while on safari?
>>
>>51157963
He got a nasty bite from his illegal pet Komodo Dragon.
>>
>Rules for Insatiables, ancient creatures born of the Primordial Dream intent on hunting down Beasts to fill a hunger without end, featuring six examples ready to use in any chronicle.
Oh, hey, how's this?

Anyone wanna share Conquering Heroes?
>>
File: Not this shit again.jpg (58KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Not this shit again.jpg
58KB, 640x360px
>>51158097

It's bad. It's unbelievably bad.

I ain't got a shared version because someone I know was sharing tidbits and didn't know how to crack the name and data off a copy, but Insatiables are basically beastbeasts. They're exactly the same as beasts, only they come from The Progenitor instead of The Dark Mother and they're spooky elder cousins and they have Moments instead of Horrors and they can mind control beasts and take over their Lairs and their entire lexicon is Beast terms given new names because they're Original the Character without any self-awareness.

For god's sakes there's one that's a fake gamer girl archetype that tricks MRAs into swatting beasts to get more views on her YouTube channel. Somehow. And another who's a superhacker named Null Spyder who turned into an Insatiable when she trolled someone on a cosplay forum until they killed themselves. And another that was probably a rejected Freak Legion writeup that leaks eggs out of his dick and if you eat the dick eggs your dick starts leaking dick eggs. And another that sunk the fucking Titanic for fun.

Book bad. Do not buy book. Steal book and laugh if you must.
>>
>>51158331
Que incoming Beast Apologist Defense Force in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>51158331
>Steal book and laugh if you must.
That's what we're trying to do here, anon.
>>
>>51158460
Hell, I like Beast and not even I feel like defending it.
>>
>>51158331
>and didn't know how to crack the name and data off a copy
There isn't any.

>For god's sakes there's one that's a fake gamer girl archetype that tricks MRAs into swatting beasts to get more views on her YouTube channel.
That's awesome. Reminds me of the Daeva that catfishes people with her ghoul's images.

Also >>51158518
>>
>>51158331
>For god's sakes there's one that's a fake gamer girl archetype that tricks MRAs into swatting beasts to get more views on her YouTube channel. Somehow. And another who's a superhacker named Null Spyder who turned into an Insatiable when she trolled someone on a cosplay forum until they killed themselves. And another that was probably a rejected Freak Legion writeup that leaks eggs out of his dick and if you eat the dick eggs your dick starts leaking dick eggs. And another that sunk the fucking Titanic for fun.

Aside from dick eggscretor most of those sound like Beasts really.
>>
>>51158460
>>51158544
Sometimes I wounder if they just let their 13 year old cousins write beast as their summer job...
>>
Did the oWOD have anything comparable to, and remotely as bad as, Beast for CofD?
>>
>>51158724
Just everything
>>
>>51158753
10/10 well memed
>>
>>51158724

WOD: Gypsies.
>>
>>51158800
Gypsies really do ruin everything
>>
>>51158724
Freak Legion, Gypsies, Kindred of the East, Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom, Clanbook: Baali, Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand...
Shit, that's mostly just Masquerade.
>>
File: TheBlindMan.png (2MB, 1245x1713px) Image search: [Google]
TheBlindMan.png
2MB, 1245x1713px
>>51158610
They come out his navel and ass, too.
>>
>>51159106
I don't remember KotE being that bad, or even Dirty Secrets, really. Freak Legion, Gypsies, and Clanbook: Baali I'll give you though. Can't comment on Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom.
>>
>>51159312
It's not so much that Beast is bad as it's boring.

WoD has Mummy the Resurrection and Changeling the Dreaming,
>>
>>51159263
>Typically covers his eyes
>At least 50
It really triggers me when the art direction is this off.
Also I know this is a body horror monster, but fuck I feel sick.

>>51159312
In KotE there's a baby boiler. Boiling babies. For your dharma.
Dirty Secrets is where that image came from.
I'll admit I don't know Ebony Kingdom, but it's kind of racist, and I hear they went a different direction with it in V20 Dark Ages.
>>
File: Glass Bat.jpg (703KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
Glass Bat.jpg
703KB, 576x864px
There's this old VtM book, a Sabbat one I believe, that I've been trying to find but I just can't seem to remember what it was. It had a section in it that detailed a wide variety of different weapons with accompanying stats. It included everything from meat hooks to baseball bats with nails driven through them and chainsaws. I specifically remember the book having a special maneuver of some kind involving a chainsaw with the written rules stating 'If you do this to an enemy you automatically lose a dot of Humanity'.

Would anyone here be able to tell me what book that was?
>>
Now we have become Werewolf: the Forsaken
>>
>>51159466
>In KotE there's a baby boiler. Boiling babies. For your dharma.

Still doesn't really hold a candle to dick eggs, but there's only so many times you can be shocked by baby-related stuff I guess.

>and I hear they went a different direction with it in V20 Dark Ages.

Most likely. If they weren't before, African vampires are just straight up normal Kindred necrophysiologically speaking now.
>>
>>51159876

In the end, we were all Changeling: the Lost
>>
Used to play oWoD vampire, now going to start the new one, Requiem
I understand the basic structure, the five clans, and what I'm used to being shuffled into them.
What I can't find, is the Sabbat, or the clans that were associated with it. Are they named differently, or what?
>>
So new Beast book, what the hell is the Progenitor?
>>
>>51159924
Murdering babies just because is pretty fucking edgy, and "dickeggs" is an exaggeration. There's also dick-cockroaches in Baali.

>>51160026
There is no Sabbat. There's no Camarilla, either (well, anymore; it fell apart with Rome). Just five very broad Covenants:
Invictus are dictators, boardroom execs, and landed gentry
Lancae et Sanctum are evil catholics, scaring people back to Jaysus and watching over the flock
Carthian Movement are revolutionaries, anarchists, and democracy babies
Circle of the Crone are pagan new age types who worship their mother goddess
Ordo Dracul are mad scientists and transhumanist vampire alchemists
There's also the VII, who are hive mind spooky "who knows what" vampires that may have a connection to the evil demon owls that claim they created vampires and regret it.

You can also make up new Covenants, or alter how the local version of the above exist. There's no worldwide vampire conspiracy, and there are no faction locked clans. You can be a Daeva or Nosferatu in the Invictus, or the Circle, or the Movement.

If you want crazy diabolist vampires, you could use the Circle of the Crone, though others find the Lancae et Sanctum to be more Sabbaty. There's also the VII, though that's more of a spooky scary outsider thing, not so much for playing an "evil" game, like the Sabbat. Or you could use the Strix, who are essentially what a Vampire's Beast is without The Man.
A few Masquerade players have said the Covenants are more like the Paths turned into Sects, if that helps you.
>>
>>51160126
Share the book and we'll tell you.
>>
File: Temp.png (593KB, 817x800px) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
593KB, 817x800px
>>51160184
>"dickeggs" is an exaggeration.
>"A thick trail of what resemble fish eggs leaking from his navel, urethra, and anus"

Eggs from the dick, yo.
>>
>>51159998
No we must learn the Secrets of the Covenants
>>
>>51160184
>Lancae et Sanctum are evil catholics, scaring people back to Jaysus and watching over the flock
Except for when they're holy roller southern baptists. Also I think Islam in some parts of Turkey?

>Ordo Dracul are mad scientists and transhumanist vampire alchemists
And lion tamers.
>>
>>51160184
OK, but did the Tzimisce, Lasombra, and rest of the lovable gang get folded up into someone else?
And, separate question, which is your favorite of those Covenants?
>>
>>51160327
They pmuch only got folded into the Translation Guide.
>>
File: ordo dracul.png (10KB, 476x607px) Image search: [Google]
ordo dracul.png
10KB, 476x607px
>>51160327
>And, separate question, which is your favorite of those Covenants?

Ordo Dracul, baby.
>>
>>51148381
Sure, those are important, but the setting has already painted up that the era in question was focused on making war on the Idigam, a struggle which eventually killed the Forsaken hold on North America.

Instead we get Taxi Driver, but with Werewolves.
>>
>>51160327
Tzimisce are a core part of the Ordo Dracul. Imagine a group that's mixing the ideals of the Tremere and the Tzimisce, and you are there. They don't have any of the POWERS of the afore mentioned, but they do have the mindset. Which is the important part.
The Lasombra are put on a 1:1 basis into the Lancea et Sanctum. Vampire Christianity. But again, their powers aren't there.
>>
>>51160327
>And, separate question, which is your favorite of those Covenants?
Ordo Dracul has style, you honestly gotta give them that. They're always interesting.

But I'm boring, I like the Invictus and Lancea. The boardroom vampires, the rich old ancient vampire conspiracy, I just really enjoy it. And they go hand in hand with the Lancea, the two covenants are on really good terms in most cities.

The Circle and Carthians are really unstable, and they give the impression of self-destructing if they ever seize power, the Carthians because they're a bunch of political upstarts and rebels and as soon as they become the establishment, they're no longer united by a common enemy and disintigrate into squabbling. And a Circle run city with 'rule of the strong' in play just sounds like a horrible descent into murder and diablerie over less than a month, and then either another group seizes power or everyone is dead.
>>
>>51160370

Now I know you're using that as a criticism of the era and I totally get why, I feel that too, but man I totally would play a Taxi Driver inspired game of Werewolf.
>>
>>51160270
Except that it casually mentions urethra and you focus on "DICK EGGS!" while the book focuses on the navel. Like, so what?

>>51160315
Lion tamers?

>>51160327
It's not that things got folded into someone else, it's that none of it exists. It's just:
Daeva, Gangrel, Mekhet, Nosferatu, Ventrue.
Three of those have familiar names, but they're very different from what you know.

What Requiem primarily does is that they have "Bloodlines". These are more specific versions of a Clan, with specialized powers and abilities. In first edition there were a ton of them, and a lot where kind of silly, with weird useless Disciplines and sometimes they had drawbacks that made them unplayable (like the many clans who could never leave a certain area).

Here's one of them from 2e that has Obtenebration: http://theonyxpath.com/the-shadow-and-the-asp/
And the other two 2e Bloodlines that exist so far:
http://theonyxpath.com/lonely-together/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-jaws-of-the-beast/

Though there's also a 1e translation guide meant to let you play oWoD with nWoD rules (or vice versa), but again, that's 1e, and a lot of the mechanics are kind of garbage. Both because it's 1e and because they're literally just the oWoD powers exactly, which aren't that great when compared to 1e, and are shit next to 2e.
>>
>>51160396
>mixing the ideals of the Tremere and the Tzimisce, and you are there
My boner can't be described or contained at the thought of this.
>>
>>51160442
Exaggeration would imply it doesn't actually say that.
>>
>>51160442
>Lion tamers?
Joke from their covenant book about how wide of roles they need filled. They need actual scientists, occult academics, warriors, lion tamers, social butterflies, eastern yogi gurus, the works. Just because the Ordo is about transcending the vampiric state and a lot of them have a mad scientist alchemist vibe doesn't mean all their researchers are like that or even that all members are researchers. They have room for warriors and politicians too. And lion tamers. Seriously lion tamers get at least two mentions I think.
>>
>>51160422
Yeah. It's cool as hell in itself, but... It does take a huge dump on the source material.

There is even a side bar in the Bowery Dogs chapter about how, sure, this is the era of the Idigam, but that doesn't fit inside such a "personal" chronicle that the Bowery dogs are.

>>51160446
Basically, vampires are superhuman. Anyone trying to stop being a vampire is a weak coward. The goal is to become BETTER vampires, STRONGER vampires! Either remove the curses, or turn them into strengths!
And they do this via alchemy and evil science.

An ordo vampire who has focused on taming the Beast is, hands down, the strongest one-on-one fighter in 2e WoD right now.

The Ordo Dracul doesn't have any magical powers of their own, like the Lancea et Sanctum (evil miracles) or the Circle of the Crone (pagan blood magic), but they are consistently mentioned as being hoarders of weird magical lore.
They even get a cool power that allows them to steal supernatural powers from others, by carving out a chunk of the victim's body, binding the power to it, and incorporating it into their own body.
>>
Cut out a werewolf's heart and stitch it to your own, now you have Regeneration.

Gouge out a Mage's eyes and stick them into your own head, now you can see the unseen.
>>
>>51160453
No, an exaggeration is when you blow something out of proportion.
It wouldn't be the first time magical stuff comes out of people's junks. That was a viable place for ectoplasm in 1e.

>>51160498
>The Ordo Dracul doesn't have any magical powers of their own
Except, you know, the Coils.

>>51160531
I don't think the first would work, since vampires are still undead and can't heal. I'd allow it, but only when you're Blushing.
I love the idea of an Ordo with a literal third eye, though.

Or as I said before, going full General Grievous, but with a bunch of wizard hands stitched to your body instead of lightsabers.
>>
>>51160583
>Except, you know, the Coils.
I guess he means nothing like sorcery, where the coils are like internally focused disciplines.
>>
>>51160583
>I don't think the first would work
I think anyone who's managed to claim a werewolf heart probably deserves it.
>>
>>51160583
>Except, you know, the Coils.

Oh, sure, sure. The mysteries are magical. But I was talking on the scale of say, Thaumaturgy.
It's really hard to curse someone with the Mysteries of the Wyrm.
>>
Hunting for werewolf or mage body parts seems like one of the worst ideas a vampire can make, and will almost certainly lead to a very short and pain requiem. Organized and powerful A-list supers do not take kindly to their kind being killed and dismembered, no less their comrade's flesh worn like clothing, by undead parasites, and have more than ample means to express their displeasure with extreme prejudice.

However, weaker lesser splats and miscellaneous psychics and thaumaturges are great sources of "donor material."
>>
>>51160599
>>51160675
I've just never really understood people calling them "not blood magic".
Scales especially are pretty blood magicy. It's just Internal Alchemy instead of, well, curses.

>>51160659
Maybe.

>>51160842
That's why it makes for a great villain, like General Grievous. He hunted Jedi and took their Lightsabers.
https://youtu.be/WIj7gIDFDe4
>>
>>51160873
>I've just never really understood people calling them "not blood magic".
>Scales especially are pretty blood magicy. It's just Internal Alchemy instead of, well, curses.

Yes, but it isn't flashy. It's not obviously magical.
>>
>>51156226
Eh, late oWoD avoided all that historical supernatural conspiracies bullshit
>>
File: shrime-watermark.jpg (103KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
shrime-watermark.jpg
103KB, 600x784px
>>51158331
>Slasher and Spirit Ripoffs
Shakes head. This is really disappointing. When we said they needed more work I'm pretty sure we didn't mean it needed more antagonizes. This is literally the make an Other to fight. Stupid bullshit crap. And The Titanic? Really? I thought the writers were moving away from supers taking over historical events. More Gonzo ahead boys
>>
>>51156226
WAIT WHAT!?
>>
>>51161159
What? That shit is the coolest.
>>
>>51161235
Nah, it always ground my gears, because it always fell back on cool historical figures to prop up boring ones
>>
>>51161264
I disagree. I have a huge hard on for alternate history so it really tickled me.
>>
>>51159263
>>51160270
Kill it. Kill it with *fire*.
>>
>>51161264
For every time its done Well or tastefully, there are about twenty Rasputins to fuck it all up into contrived BS
>>
>>51161296
Yolk Showers for ALL!!
>>
>>51161319
>>
I expected with Insatiables at least something "meh/alright" like Strix and Idigam but you can't even get that in Beast :(
>>
>>51159263
Oviposition is someone's fetish.
>>
>>51160184
>There's also dick-cockroaches in Baali.

Weren't they maggots? That, like, also ghoul the victim?
>>
>>51160583
>It wouldn't be the first time magical stuff comes out of people's junks

Yes, and nobody particularly liked those times either.
>>
Does the Beast Night Horror book at least remedy Heroes' utter mechanical impotence compared to Beasts?
>>
>>51161888
No, now it just gives them spooky magical masters to serve
>>
>>51158331
Out of a morbid curiosity, who were the writers on this dumpster fire? Still McFarland?
>>
>>51162158
Gaydos, Leblanc, Sanz, Butterworth, Albiero, Holt, and Ambrose, according to the DTRPG page.
>>
>>51162230
Holt and LeBlanc are artists, not authors.
They do shit art though, so I wouldn't mind seeing the last of them anyhow.
>>
>>51162420
All of them are, I was reading off the wrong block.

The authors are: Cantrell, Carroll, Dawkins, Fitzgerald, Judd, Kennedy, Lasanta, Lauzon, McFarland, and Zawadzki.
>>
Wait. Beast got a Night Horrors book? Why hasn't Demon gotten one?
>>
So. I've been thinking on making a Werewolf NPC pack with the theme of culling the weak.

Mainly Iron Master, but they have one or two each of Storm Lords and Bone Shadows.

They mostly hunt humans, but also spirits, and animals who are a drain on the local system. Making it stronger, healthier, if a bit more scared of the monsters.

What say you about this idea? Would you be willing to share borders with a pack like this in a game?
>>
>>51163310
They sounds like a bunch of faggots.

But then again, I've never played werewolf, so I don't really get how much brutal fucking murder goes on in a game.

Needless to say, I would probably NOT be happy about our shared border, and would likely be always keeping at least one eye on them to make sure they're not going to start shit.
>>
How do you kill an elder far more powerful than yourself?
How would you even raid a Tremere's chantry?
>>
>>51163782
You convince other vampires you need to kill the elder for the common good and you mob him or refuse to deal with him intil he's a pariah to everyone else.
For raiding a chantry, the Tremere are widely disliked by the average vampire, so it isn't difficult to get support against them. Finding traitors is also possible.
>>
>>51163879
I see. It's a Sabbat game and we've already wiped most of the Camarilla in the city excluding the Tremere. The Prince is long dead.

As for the elder, he's my sire. I'm planning to lure him into a false sense of security the next time we meet by giving him drugged blood in a flask(extracted from a human after he does hard drugs, not particular sure what would be useful). Then perhaps a simple ambush with my pack would be able to finish him off. But chances are even if he drinks spiked blood, is completely unprepared, and we get an ambush off, chances are that we won't win. He most likely has far too much potence, fortitude, protean, and celerity in addition to being a 7th gen.

I'm assuming even if I found a Tremere chantry and I rallied the entire Sabbat+BH against one, it would end up being a tough fight. Finding traitors might be tough, but seems entirely possible.

How would one kill 4th gens when even 7-8th gen elders with high disciplines seem nigh-impossible even with traps, strength in numbers, plans, information on where they sleep, ect
>>
>>51163031
Because nWoD/CofD can't have nice things anymore. At least not when McFarland or Hill are in charge.
>>
Anyone have a link to the new night horrors for beast? I want to experience the tire fire first hand
>>
How would yoi stat someone who wheres many "masks". Like theyll never outright say their opinion on something but deflect with cheery banter when really they are pretty arrogant and untrusting underneath. Even her closest "friends" know little about them.
>>
>>51163992
Well, if you're Sabbat, you could try to frame your sire as an infernalist and lead the hunt once the higher ups support the move. Diablerie is generally encouraged. It wouldn't be that hard if you're 8th gen and your pack supports you.
>>
>>51163992
>not particular sure what would be useful
Heroin or krokodile, anon.
>>
>>51134407
Who are the best NPCs in VTM?
>>
>>51164281

High Manipulation, decent Empathy (to read the mood), very good Subterfuge, excellent Composure, off the top of my head.
>>
>>51162549

>Zawadzki

That person does really good Demon stuff. Huh.
>>
>>51164744
I suspect they all wrote a chapter each. If this is written up like the earlier Night Horror stuff, there are lots of different chapters.

That means that we might get non-awful chapters, who are simply tainted by being Beast.
>>
>>51164281
High Composure, Manipulation, Subterfuge and Persuasion. Some dots in the Closed Book and Fast-Talking Merits, and the Master Of The Mask Merit if you can deal with its drawback. Also consider making Subterfuge one of your Asset Skills.
>>
>>51164814
What book has master of the mask?
>>
There is this Japanese artis called Nano whose imagen is androgyny. Publicly nobody knowa if Nano is a man or a woman and discussion and articles about Nano don't use gendered pronouns. Would it be possible to play a character like that? Eveb the player themselves do not know the gender of their PC?
>>
Does Mage Sight work for a blind Mage?
>>
>>51160675
>It's really hard to curse someone with the Mysteries of the Wyrm.
Nonsense. You just curse them with your fist going through the back of their head in a shower of gore.
>>
>>51163994
Neither are in charge.
McFarland is the line developer for both Beast and Demon.
>>
>>51164961

It'd be a bit difficult considering that PCs in the game are encouraged to be a group and work together in active situations, but it's probably possible if your ST is the kind to format their sessions like a TV show (i.e. all characters don't have to be in the same room at the same time and get their own highlight scenes).
>>
>>51164927
It's from the Hurt Locker spoiler, but didn't make it to the actual book. Let me write t here for you:

Master of the Mask •••
Effect: Some therapists say that the best worst skill ever to learn is the ability to put up a social mask to hide one's true self from others. It is incredibly useful in the professional realm and doubly so among liars, cheats, and thieves. Your character grew up in a shame-based dysfunctional family. Maybe one of your parents was an alcoholic or the adult child of an alcoholic who inherited behavior patterns and schemas from her parent. Choose two of the following four skills: Empathy, Intimidation, Persuasion, Subterfuge. Take a +2 bonus when you are not being genuine with your target and presenting a false face.

Drawback: The Dysfunction of your family continues to plague you to the current day. You believe that you have to be in complete control at all times, you play the chess game and see 20 moves deep, you seek to eliminate threats before they see you, and you constantly scheme to place yourself in a better position. When you fail a roll with any of the four skills listed above, gain the Guilty condition. Shame and guilt are related concepts but are not quite the same. Your character might not have actually done anything wrong but still feels like she needs to repent for something. She cannot resolve the condition until she has righted this imagined wrong.
>>
>>51165239
With is kinda surprising since I love Demon
>>
File: 1475631012613.jpg (393KB, 1500x1898px) Image search: [Google]
1475631012613.jpg
393KB, 1500x1898px
>>51165271
Oh goodie that fits my character concept to a tee.
>>
>>51162549
While I can't attest to his writing skills the content of Dawkins YouTube channel suggests he's a fairly decent writer
>>
>>51165694
Is Dawkins the Gentleman Gamer? I thought he only did oWoD writing.
>>
>>51160583
>as I said before, going full General Grievous, but with a bunch of wizard hands stitched to your body instead of lightsabers.

Whelp, I know what my next character is.
>>
>>51165900
He is, and apparently they got him to write some of conquering heroes
>>
File: Beast_the_Primordial.png (200KB, 680x244px) Image search: [Google]
Beast_the_Primordial.png
200KB, 680x244px
>The Blind Man’s blotted clothing is as result of a thick trail of what resemble fish eggs progressively leaking from his navel, urethra, and anus. Particularly around his navel area, a coagulated mass of pink and black eggs comes forth when the Blind Man strains his abdominal muscles. Horrifyingly, the Blind Man has from time to time passed these eggs off as salmon roe or sturgeon caviar, as they bear a sour, fishy odor. Those who consume his “produce” have their fertility dramatically increased, and gradually produce their own eggs in a similar fashion to the Blind Man, the only difference being that mortal-produced eggs possess a coat of thin white fur. This invariably drives the afflicted unfortunates insane, as they cannot stop the egg production, resulting in self-destructive harm. The Blind Man believes that by participating in the birthing, they increase the speed at which the Primogenitor will be reborn.

Beast, pls, no!
>>
>>51166814
>How do I convince my ST to let me play an NPC?
>>
>>51166781
Beast was a mistake.
>>
>>51166883
Even if you do like the material the book is an abortion of mangled inconsistent text. I feel like 'mistake' isn't strong enough.
>>
>>51166962
Is it too early to start on the second edition
>>
>>51166883
Beast being a disaster is an immense source of schaudenfreude for me, the Exalted fan.

I guess Open Dev is pretty useless when people aren't already 100% behind your product!
>>
>>51167026
The original draft, well it may have had some issues, was far better than a half rewritten book that contradicts it self.
>>
>>51166814
Just get a token computer or wifi card or other such magical items allowing you to do your thing in the field.
Also?
>Socialite
>Doesn't want to socialize with the group
Why?
>>
>>51167048
They promised to change the issues people had with Beast's original draft, only to half-ass it completely and satisfy no one.

Open Dev is a marketing tool to get people hype about a product: if the product starts out bad, you will in no way receive a ground-up rework.

(Beast's devs, by the way, promised a ground-up rework)
>>
>>51167026
>I guess Open Dev is pretty useless when people aren't already 100% behind your product!
It helps if the product doesn't suck either. I find ex3 better than this but it has some issues that keep me from really enjoying it, but it isn't Beast. Come back when I can play a Sidereal again and maybe my fanboy faggotry will overcome my present issues with the charm set. Or maybe the charms will get better written in later splats. DB are coming so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>51167100
I personally much preferred the original draft of sadists with desires they need to sate lest they go mad and lash out when they don't want to. Instead of this weird bizzaro gas lighting teaching angle thing they added in.
>>
Hey /CofD/, I need some help prepping for my Mage game today, and I need it FAST!

So last session, the party (all neophytes, more or less) stumbled on the body of a homeless guy who'd obvious died of supernatural causes.

What they don't know yet (but will probably discover in short order, 'cause they're Mages) is that some other dude has been taken over by a magical mannequin hand that replaced his own hand and is now commanding him to murder people and take their skin in preparation for an important ritual.

I need some stuff I can throw in to nuance the situation or at least expand on the effort they'll need to expend between finding this out and actually confronting the guy.

Complications, plot twists, antagonists, whatever—can you guys throw me some ideas to help get the old brain stormin'?
>>
>>51167128
You know what also helps? Having a pace of development and releases beyond '
>>
>>51167576
*beyond 'glacial'.
>>
Can we get Geist Second Edition or something? I will take whatever instead of this Beast garbage
>>
>>51167633
I wanted to love Geist so much. What a fucking mess.
>>
>>51167658
I think Geist as a concept may have limited potential and I have no idea where they can go with it but at least it does not make people go looking for brain bleach
>>
>>51167658
Geist never caught me. The concept was bland, and the execution was terrible.
>>
>>51167399

The man was taken over by the mechanical hand, but he's not entirely innocent, either.

The man is an Acolyte, and despite having to live under the radar of the Orders and Ministries, has become quite powerful. Unfortunately, he's become powerful by doing some terrible things, and that can be rough on the psyche.

So the Acolyte has a solution: compartmentalization. Create a self-state that's quite all right with ritualistic murder magic, put it in a mannequin hand to reduce potential fingerprints, and attach it when murder needs to be done. Then, upon removal, the man forgets the details, but gets magic. Simple!

Except there's one flaw: you have to want to take the hand off to return to normal, something the self-state doesn't want to do at all. There's also the matter of what happens after the hand goes off: a slightly amoral Mage who doesn't care for decorum or politics who, as far as he knows, was having things work perfectly until these lapdogs arrived. He's either too proud or too arrogant to admit he's failed, and the Mages have just put this Acolyte on the city's magical radar. What now?
>>
Geist did nothing wrong
>>
So how much power gap is their between a hunter cell and a mothman cryptid from demon?
>>
>>51167633

It's in first draft at the moment, so maybe it'll be this year? If they're actually going to have CofD 2es be Kickstarted from now on, the wait might be even longer since OPP spaces out their KS projects.
>>
>>51168077
>KS could draw out the publishing process.

Ugh. But I want Changeling the lost now ;-;
>>
>>51168183

The tradeoff would be that there would be a 99% complete draft of the project page, if Beast didn't spook them into not doing those anymore.
>>
>>51163992
>How would one kill 4th gens when even 7-8th gen elders with high disciplines seem nigh-impossible even with traps, strength in numbers, plans, information on where they sleep, ect

It depends on the 4th Gen in question... but in general, you amass a small army.

No, seriously: grab every kindred from near and far, recruit all the factions in your city (or cities, if you got 'em or can lure them in) and then hope for the best.

That's kinda the Sabbat's long-term goal (which they're failing miserably at): turn the vampires of the world into a disciplined fighting force that will at least give them a fighting chance against the Antedeluvians.
>>
>>51168453
>That's kinda the Sabbat's long-term goal
The Nosferatus goal as well regarding Absimiliard and his blood bound bastard childer.
>>
>>51167576
Also that. Seriously what the fuck happened there? I feel like plural games got announced, kickstarted, and finished first. Beast included I think? Or was Beast after?
>>
>>51168693
They scrapped the game and redid it about halfway through.

Beast should've done the same.
>>
>>51168708
I don't think there's really any way to fix Beast if you keep the same underlying assumptions.
>>
So, what are average hunter tactics against mages?
>>
>>51169113
"Gas leak. A real tragedy."
>>
Ech maybe if they did the thing like in old Wraith with one player being the beast and another one being hero chasing him? Now idea how that would work from mechanic standpoint and whatnot.

Another idea I have is changing hero/best dynamic. For example high integrity hero causing beasts mental condition to detoriate and go off the rails and high integrity beast would turn hero into raving lunatic. This probably isn't worth grain of salt thou
>>
>>51169130
And if mage actually care about it's place security?
>>
>>51169168
A prepared Mage is not going to be stopped by anything but another mage
>>
>>51169168
"The car just run over him. A real tragedy."
No one can really predict that a gas leak is happening while they're sleeping without some difficulty.
>>
>>51169205
Only works in countries that still use gas for heating and cooking though.

Also. If a Mage has access to a Ley node, they might EASILY power everything in their home via magic. No need for electricity or gas.
>>
>>51169245
"If."
>>
So does the Lasombra Antediluvian get mentioned in any other sourcebook, like Wraith maybe or Demon?
>>
>>51169245
>Only works in countries that still use gas for heating and cooking though.
Thank god there are none of those anymore.
>>
>>51169280
Yeah. It is really a given. They are common as fuck, and even if one doesn't have one, it's easy to re-direct.

>>51169321
I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me.
>>
>>51169245
We have gas at our place and I'm in safe suburbia burgerland.
>>
>>51169349
Seriously? I thought that shit was being phased out decades ago.
>>
>>51169377
Fracjking means gas is making a comeback
>>
>>51169377
You are extremely wrong.
>>
>>51169245

>they might EASILY power everything in their home via magic

Why would they do that when other wizards can see magic and a good many of the other wizards would want to murder the wizard on the basis of what faction they're in?

Everyone's got holes in their security, even wizards. A single cell in a city might not be able to take total advantage of the holes, but they do exist. After all, Mage are known for their serious hubris problems.
>>
>>51169424
Seriously? Where would this be?
I had always thought that gas heating and cooking and stuff stopped being a thing in like, the 70's
>>
>>51169484

What? No. Plenty of people, especially in the central United States, still use gas heating and cooking.
>>
>>51169484
>Almost all restaurants cook with gas
>Gas cooking disappeared in the 70s
Do you even logic?
>>
>>51169484
What country do you live in
Must be nice
>>
>>51169550
No, most restaurants I know of use induction plates nowadays. Or other kinds of electrical cooking
>>51169577
Norway
>>
>>51157888
Perhaps involve the Ascending Ones? I mean, my knowledge of Florida of the times comes from Scarface. I think a couple months ago, there was discussion on supernatural drugs, some being made with Vitae.
>>
>>51169666
That's a nice idea, even if it comes from Satan. Miami was a drug capital in the 70's and 80's.
>>
>>51169752
Hey, are you saying Satan wouldn't have a good handle on vice?
>>
If an Aswadim manages to destroy the Earth as an Imperial Rite and achieve Descension, does Earth stays destroyed after it?
>>
>>51170222
You'll probably get visited by a group of pissed off ochemata from the exarchs first.
>>
>>51170317
Not if it is your final Imperial Rite; you could destroy Earth and Descend right after that as ultimate "fuck you" to the Exarchs.
>>
>>51170373
And then the exarchs could reforge the planet from scratch exactly as they want it.
>>
>>51170413
Isn't Exalted Omen becomes the Supernal Truth, forever unchangeable?
>>
>>51164515
Thanks, I'll try that. I mean-- he's already a "traitor", so I could easily toss the BH on him as I'm in the trainee mode kinda. But the problem is that the bishop/his pack are vouching for him since he's their double agent. It'd end up being that particular city's Sabbat elders vs Black Hand. Also, if he's going to die, I want to diablerize him anyhow. I'm wondering what kind of preparation I should make beforehand? Besides drugging him, blinding him with obtenebration, having arms of the abyss readily set up, pre-blood buffing to 9 dex, getting an ambush off for extra dice, possibly putting something over the floor so he can't earth meld, ect. But I feel this is too obvious and won't work. I feel like after drugging him, I can also convince another pack who owes me their life to come and help out since it's a "party" anyhow. If we all get a free turn off, it'd be legit 8ish people blasting at this one drugged up dude's head.

PCs are one gangrel(me), a Lasombra, a Tzimisce(Possibly not on our side anymore), and a Malkavian(completely unreliable). We have a couple other players, but they aren't that consistent and the only PCs who've gotten a lot of EXP are the Lasombra and I(around 35) since the other 2 died a lot.
>>51164562
I'll look into those both.
>>51168453
Alright, so just zerg rush them since we can mass embrace anyhow. That sounds like an idea.

We also the "help" of two mages, but they aren't willing to ever leave their chantry.
>>
>>51159466
Those would the Devil Tigers. In their defense, their Splatbook changed them from Sabbat-Lite to The motherfucking punisher.
>>
>>51158591
If it's from DTRPG it's a fucking trivial matter.
>>
>>51164993

Yes. They might "see" it differently.
>>
>>51171992
Hey, you survived the car accident/ being fired/ deadly komodo attack.

S'up?
>>
I have had trouble tracking down which NWoD Mage book has a breakdown of what different Occult levels mean regarding various phenomenon (I think it had ghosts and spirits at the minimum) . There is a similar entry in the beginning of Inferno regarding Infernal Demons. Could anyone help me out with the title? Or any similar resources in other books?
>>
>>51171992
>>51172102
But its 2017 I thought memes were real now.
>>
>>51171937
Onyx Path doesn't even watermark their products anyway. Or at least no one's knocked on my door for Hurt Locker, and my ST didn't get on me because I shared Secrets of the Covenants.
>>
Would a Malleus Maleficarum provoke Paradox from a Mage, considering that the MM can do something supernatural?
>>
>>51172933
Since they describe it as calling down the powers of God, I'd probably actually say that they don't actually have an internal power, but are performing some rite which draws on God's (or whatever their stand-in is) power instead.

In which case no, they count as Sleepers with access to mystical powers.
Like a Sleeper wielding a Fetish they know how to use.
Except that Fetish has no physical form.
>>
>>51173010
Well the Thaumatechnology endowment Optic Thorn, which can reveal supernaturally-empowered Hunter, pings MM hunters, I'd consider them as sleepwalkers.
>>
>>51170962
>Alright, so just zerg rush them

Hit 'em hard, and hit 'em fast.

Make use of technological innovations that the 4th Gen might not be aware of, like cell phones, rocket launchers, flamethrowers if you can get 'em and molotov cocktails if you can't, that sort of stuff.

Even the ones who are aware of the technological innovations and weapons in the modern world rarely have an actual 'understanding* of it.

But yes, put as many bodies on the field as possible... just remember that large-scale bloodshed and the death of powerful kindred (or a lot of kindred, weak or strong alike, at the same time) can suddenly rouse more elders from slumber... elders who might eat the remnants of your little army as a midnight snack with no trouble.

So, blitz 'em.
>>
>>51173652
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.