[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Undead Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 37

File: druidmancer.jpg (63KB, 564x916px) Image search: [Google]
druidmancer.jpg
63KB, 564x916px
>Latest News
New 5e book announced: Tales from the Yawning Portal
http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tales-yawning-portal

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

Old Thread: >>51109822

what are your favorite necromancer PC (or NPC) concepts /5eg/?
>>
so what is the opinion on the artificer UA?
>>
File: gnomeartificer.jpg (657KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
gnomeartificer.jpg
657KB, 1200x960px
>>51120978
ACTUAL latest news
New UA class: Artificer
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/artificer
>>
>>51120990
I still want a viable bladepact warlock.
>>
>>51120882
They can be situational, but in the situations that call for it you'll want to stack them. Say, put several tanglefoots in a row or block off an entire area with smoke.
So, some people would rather conserve their resources until that time and use them all at once.

The tanglefoot bag sounds particularly dangerous to have more than one use a minute of.

But, I think there's probably a matter of opinion here, because some people like to conserve resources (and would have less fun, probably, as a matter of fact because they wouldn't use it as often) and some people would use it either way, they just want more flexibility by being able to conserve it and spam it.
>>
>>51120999
What is the best Mechanical Servant? Half-dragon Allosaur?
>>
>>51120978
How does druid work with necromancy?
>>
>>51121029
multiclass fighter my man, best 5 levels you'll ever spend
>>
>>51120955
Awkward guy can summon a magical gun like a bladelock and the bullets it shoots can curve around corners.
>>
File: RA3_Soviet_Poster_NoLogo_150dpi.jpg (93KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
RA3_Soviet_Poster_NoLogo_150dpi.jpg
93KB, 400x255px
>>51121041
Always bear.
>>
>>51121046
Better off just going as fighter tho.
>>
>>51120955

warlock, fluff eldritch blast as a magic gun
>>
>>51121041
Half-dragon Giant Eagle. Can fly, and is smart enough to use your magic infusions.
>>
>>51121093
Wouldn't the artificer work better?
>>
Are there any rules for breaking through walls, specifically magic ones like Wind Wall and Fire Wall, or is it a GM discretion type thing?
>>
Is it worth going a kobold alchemist? Or would I be better off just going goblin or hobgoblin?
>>
>>51121119
Walk? They're not physical you know.
>>
>>51121119
i think the space they take up is treated as difficult terrain? but a dispel magic seems like your best bet
>>
>>51121119
It's called "Dispel Magic," anon.
>>
>>51121046

Why go up to 5? You'll get the extra attack as a bladepact anyway.
>>
>>51121110
well the artificer's gun is more of a physical thing while hol horse's stand is more of a magical thing. i don't think hol horse can really "lose" his stand (although out of all the jojo characters, he would be the one to do so) while a careless artificer could definitely lose his gun.

but if you're looking more to implement his personality rather than mechanically adapt him i figure you could go either way and it still work.
>>
>>51121191
I mean you could have him take 3 levels in warlock and pact weapon it.
>>
>>51121185
Because realistically, you want to get to Fighter 4 for the ASI anyway, and why wait until 9th level and spend an invocation choice to get your 2nd attack?
>>
So what do you think the ideal timing on multiclassing from a life domain cleric in alchemist artificer? I'm pretty sure that 5 levels of alchemist are fine to 15 cleric, it's WHEN that's the thing. Starting with 5 in cleric.
>>
>>51121227
well hol horse's gun is one handed while an artificer's gun is two handed. also hol horse can attack multiple times in a row, more like firing multiple eldritch blast beams in a turn, compared to an artificer who can only fire one shot per turn (barring multiclassing fighter and getting action surge)
>>
>>51121165
>>51121176
I'm considering Wind Wall. The damage is decent, but if monsters can easily get through it then I would rather take something else.
>>
Arcane archer?
>>
>>51121311
Not "bad" per se, just mechanically underwhelming compared to Battlemaster and it's variants.
>>
>>51121191
>>51121227
>>51121291
>hol horse
>int
>not cha
Warlock it is.
>>
>>51120978
DUDE ARTIFICERS LMAO
>>
>>51120978
I like bard necromancers that raise skeletons with flutes and debuff enemies with curses
>>
>>51121044
Druids IMO want to preserve life and death equally. I think that a druid would be OK with necromancy assuming the target is both willing to help the druid and the summon is spiritualy able.
>>
Haven't been in the loop with all the UA and Homebrew shit.

What is the best Swordmage class right now?

No multiclassing either please.
>>
First character ever, cleric with healing specialization. Due to poor planning my spell save DC is only 13 so everything I spell at people misses, and my HP is so low I get one or 2 shot (and focused by smart enemies) by most things. The DM said to make what I want to play and not worry about min maxing, but I feel mad impotent.
I usually do pretty well out of combat, butif like to be able to hurt stuff as well, our ranger is putting out huge damage and with his magic now is hitting with seven rolls, the fighter and sorcerous go pretty ham, but I'm sitting around either hiding and waiting to heal, or making death saving throws all the time.
Just about to hit 5, any suggestions what to take?
>>
>>51121388
bladesinger (SCAG) or eldritch knight (PHB)
>>
>>51121403
>eldritch knight
A shit.
>>
>>51121388
bladesinger is probably your best bet. eldritch knight second best. bladelock sucks but it's an option.
>>
>>51121420

U WOT?
>>
>>51121388
8 CHA Favored Soul Sorcerer
8 INT Abjuration Wizard.
>>
>>51121450
A SHIIIIIIIIIT!!!
>>
>>51121388
Mountain Dwarf Forge Domain Theurge Wizard.
>>
>>51121480

You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>51121401
Don't use spells that require saves for one. Don't interpret "play what you want" to mean I wanna be a dex/int cleric. "Play what you want" means "I'm not going to make fun of you for playing Bladelock or Wot4E Monk."
>>
>>51121524

y-you too
>>
>>51121119
You can walk through both of those.
>>
>>51121032

That should be fair. They're like 1st or 2nd level spells. Let them stack them if they need too. Chances are you're not going to need 4 tanglefoots or to block off an entire area with smoke.

There's probably a sweet spot here, where you could get x minutes of down time to prepare a device. Not necessarily a short rest, short rest just feels the easiest to use. Maybe let them prepare bonus uses of their favorite devices up to their Int mod too. I think the concept is solid and something I've wanted to see for a long time; it just needs some retuning.
>>
>>51121420
I'll back you up. EKs a shit.
>>51121450 is probably the same guy who's always in here insisting they're great for something other than a tank.
>lol i can cast fireball and haste!!! ON A FIGHTER!!! XD
Yeah, right.
>>
Could you sneak attack twice with two throwing weapons in the same turn?
Would Treachery Pally 15/Rogue 5 be any good?
>>
>>51121590
>Snek attak
>once per turn
Nope.
>>
>>51121577
Aside from action surge, you are better off just taking a sorc and doing some swordy shit with that.
>>
>>51121590
No. You get one sneak attack per turn (the time you have to act all to yourself).
You can, however, get more than one sneak attack per ROUND (the time it takes initiative to go all the way around).

This requires you to get an attack through your reaction somehow, either by an enemy triggering an opportunity attack, or a Battlemaster Fighter using Commander's Strike on you.
>>
>>51121108
Giant eagle is CR1. It doesn't pass half-dragon optional "no CR recalculation" requirement.
>>
>>51121628
Or ready action + haste
>>
>>51121544
I'm not Dex int, it's just my highest modifier was 3 so that was Wis 2 STR, 0 Dex and cha, 2 int 1 con.
If I could redo anything I would take back being an elf.
All my cantrips like holy fire are saves
I love our group and the DM, but once this premade campaign we are on is up, I think this char is going in the waste bin in favor of something more fun. Wonder if someone else will be willing to take up the healer roll.
>>
>>51121634
>half-dragon optional "no CR recalculation" requirement
Gesundheit.

Also, what?
>>
>>51121643
>i ready an action, the trigger being my turn ending
u lil shit
>>
>>51121652
> Challenge: To avoid recalculating the creature’s challenge rating, apply the template only to a creature that meets the optional prerequisite in the Table: Breath Weapons below. Otherwise, recalculate the rating after you apply the template.
>>
>>51121634

What kind of dragon is going around fucking eagles, anyway?
>>
>>51121700
The kind that used to be a Wizard. True Polymorph into a dragon and have sex with everything is their fetish.
>>
>>51121388
Paladin
>>
>a level 20 artificer with a maxed out proficient saving throw stat with 6 items attuned to them will have a +17 to that saving throw

stand within 30 feet of your level 20 paladin buddy for a minimum saving throw of 23
>>
File: 1483717378661.png (144KB, 407x374px) Image search: [Google]
1483717378661.png
144KB, 407x374px
>>51121044
Necromancy disrupts the natural cycle and is abominable. Druids would detest necromancy in all forms.
>>
>>51121388
This nigga >>51121742 knows what's up. This >>51121513 is also acceptable. All Anons pointing at intentional gish archetypes are wrong.
>>
>>51121748
>not having your Paladin True Polymorphed into a bear which you then constructed your mechanical servant into power armor for and riding him
>>
>>51121759
> said the class that has reincarnate and true resurrection

Druids are hypocrite
>>
>>51121649
Dc 13 before level 5 is perfectly normal.
>>
>>5112175
>>51121044
Druids seek to achieve balance. If there's too much life going on that's just as bad as too much death. Sometimes you gotta cull.

Necromancy isn't inherently evil. It's specific uses of negative energy (not negative energy [necrotic damage]) itself that are evil. No one gives a shit if you cast Spare the Dying or shoot necrotic damage at an invasive plant species that's outcompeting all the other shit in the forest and destroying the food supply of the critters. It's when you go around RAISING THE DEAD that you're doing bad and a Druid is gonna crawl up your ass.
>>
>>51121799
Neither of those rely on literal life-destroying Negative Energy, so you can go ahead and shuffle back to the boneyard, corpsefucker.
>>
>>51121760
>Swordmage
>Heavy armor
That's a spellsword. Totally different.
>>
>>51120999
do you add dex mod to damage when you fire the thunder cannon?
>>
>>51121843
Yes. It's a range weapon.
>>
>>51121401
>>51121544
You get people who say 'I'm not going to tell my player he can't play monk just because he rolled badly' in >Rolling for stats games, but it's for this very reason a DM should recommend that players don't put, say, 14 in int when they don't need int when they have better places for it. Just an 'are you sure?'

>>51121649
'Play what you want' should mean not really having specific roles. As long as you're not stepping too much on anyone's toes, it's kinda bad to think 'there has to be a healer role / tank role / attacker role'.
I'll admit it it's kind of important to have someone who can heal at least 1 point of HP if you're not willing to buy potions, but honestly in a serious campaign it death saves should be houseruled out and so the ridiculous chain of healing those who're down to 0 up to 1 HP wouldn't work. .. I guess that's my opinion on that though.
>>
>>51121873
>honestly in a serious campaign it death saves should be houseruled out
What would you do instead?
>>
>>51121934
The whole extra health pool thing. People won't be knocked out when they reach 0, so they're not in some limbo state of being on a cushion and they can fight until their very deaths in whatever heroic fashion if they really must.
Of course, you don't want that extra health pool dropping, so some people might flee behind a rock or play dead or whatever while their allies fight on.

Either way, it stops the ridiculous displays I've seen before where half the characters are down and it's an endless cycle of them healing each other and going down and healing each other and going down, RPG style except you don't need a revival item, you just need the DM not to fuck your corpses up and a single point of health.
>>
Do bards make decent necromancers?
>>
>>51121801
Thx for a bit of perspective.
It's just that I have hit exactly one thing in this entire campaign with my holy fire and it was the very start...
>Walk into an ambush
>Everyone hurt enough to need a long rest... We do it just outside the goblin cave
>Set watch I'm second, an alert goblin comes out, DM asks if I choose to wake anyone
>Lol nah, I holy fire, DM looks incredulous
>Tells me I just hit it by one, roll damage, one shot it
It's like when this party wants to hit something but doesn't need to we all wiff, but when the chips are down we get the exact rolls we need, and illmater help anyone foolish enough to try to run.
>>
>>51121993
16 WIS would have DC13. That the maximum you can get by normal non-retard (ie. Stat rolling) play.

Are you sure your DM didn't fudge the goblin roll?
>>
>>51121992
Only if you teach your skeletons how to play instruments and then form a band known as Necro-dance-y.
>>
File: AAAHAHAHA.jpg (14KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
AAAHAHAHA.jpg
14KB, 261x199px
>>51121824
>so you can go ahead and shuffle back to the boneyard, corpsefucker.

goodbye sides
>>
>>51121992
Yes. Steal aura of vitality from paladin. It's the only spell that can heal undead.
>>
>>51122065
Can't song of rest affect undead too?
>>
>>51122029
This was before I leveled up so my DC was actually 12 then, how agile are goblins? I'm actually curious if he's rolling true... A critter took 3 rounds of 2 attacks at his gf caster and she came out clean, but dude runs up on me and drops me in a round with my armor and shield... Could all be luck but I never understood the DM rolling behind the scenes
>>
>>51122079
Goblins has +2 DEX saving throw.
So 55% chance to dodge your stuff.

I don't know how many time you cast thr spell but does that seem off to you? You might have that DM who play favorite.
>>
>>51122065
Antilife Shell is a good one to grab too.
>>
>>51122079
>not having 16 wisdom from the start even without a +2 to wisdom
>DM rolls everything behind the screens

Unless you picked something like non-wood-elf... What.
>>
>>51120999
They should released the mystic instead and stop blue balling us.
>>
>>51122198
Fuck mystic, this is better.

It's like christmas.
>>
What would make for the most fun conjuration build? Not including druids.

I'm looking more towards arcane conjurer.
Conjuration wizard and chain pact warlock seem interesting.

Any way to combine the two for max fun?
>>
File: Eboshi.png (219KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
Eboshi.png
219KB, 500x458px
So I got back from the 20th anniversary screening of Princess Mononoke. and I want to make a character based off/inspiredcomplete rip-off by lady eboshi.

im thinking of making her basically a minor noble or a former prostitute with political ambitions with dreams of industelization, a penchant for firearms,a hateboner for the local druids and a love for her downtrodden subjects.

any suggestions on how to go about this with out her being a exact copy.? I was thinking of making her a fighter I'm not even sure if I want her to be LG,LN or even LE.

also are there any rules for firearms that I should know about? its been a bit since iv played and I sort of want to get back in.
>>
File: Ilmater.png (800KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ilmater.png
800KB, 1024x1024px
>>51121993
>healing cleric of lllmater
muh nigga

Dont be afraid to walk up to whatever you're fighting and triumphantly take the dodge action. Every missed swing at you is one more swing you wont have to heal later, and heavy armor+shield doesnt rely on whatever your stats are. With your high AC and disadv on all attacks against you you'll be fine without loads of HP. If you really want to be dealing damage too, just make sure to take spirit guardians once you hit five, so then you can deal damage to everything by just standing there. Spiritual weapon is also great and doesn't require concentration, you could have both up if you want dealing loads of radiant damage without having to worry about being knocked out.

It is our place as the faithful of Illmater to bear the burdens and suffering of others. Do this no matter the cost. Also young one, remember this: every blow is a blow dealt to Illmater. Never give up on your quest to better this brutal world.
>>
>>51122135
I rolled stats and picked non wood elf.
Very first character
Based it off a premade sheet but it was dorf and I wanted to play an elf
Yes I'm a retard, yes I'd redo it all if I could. One or 2 more sessions and we will all either re roll or some of us will and then I shall min max the life out of me...
Also is there ever a time when create or destroy water comes up? I had this shit for a while thinking one day it will be great
>>
>>51122198
Look m8 I want a new mystic too, but come the fuck off it already. They're not "blueballing" us, they're on an alphabetic schedule of the PHB classes which was briefly interrupted by fucking New Years and Mearls decided to give us this instead of the Ranger UA; probably because they're flip flopping back and forth between it being for the PHB ranger, the Revised Ranger, or both. Learn some patience, and maybe basic English sentence structure while you're at it.
>>
>>51122216

Honestly, I'd rather have the Mystic and the Artificer. Game could use a few more classes, but only a few. Couple more Int classes, another Cha martial and another Wis martial and I'd be happy.
>>
>>51122260
Only if your are a Druid or Wizard with Shape Water cantrip. Then it's fun as hell. Breaking wall and locks. Instant cover. Fake blood. Creating lens.
>>
>>51122252
You might wanna check out the Gunsmith Artificer from the lastest UA.
>>
So a few days ago me and my friends got together and played our first session.

It was mostly just character building. I blatantly stole and idea for a character around here:

A small race barbarian (in this case dwarf) that goes into rage everytime someone makes a comment about his size.

The thing is, I told my DM about this without really thinking it through, and now I'm not really sure on how to roleplay him properly.

I'm thinking about putting in the backstory that he's got a head injury in a battle, messed him up bad and got clanless because of it.

Got any ideas or recommendations? This is my first game ever.

Also, the rest of the party is an wood elf ranger, an wood elf druid, a dwarven cleric, a halfling sorcerer, and a drow warlock.

I don't think the rest of the group doesn't really grasp the hatred between elves and drows, should I do something about it? Or do I trust the DM will take care of it?
>>
>>51122260
>>51122303
10 gallon of water is 83lb. Just throwing it out there.
>>
>>51122327
PC group is exception to the norm. They might be a dwarf loving elf. They might even have dwarf fetish.
>>
DMing Adventurers League. One player is a regular for my AL groups, he's 13 years old and acts like it. Another is one of my brothers, who stopped playing after the party suffered a TPK at the hands of goblins last time they tried Treasure of the Broken Hoard. The final player is my other brother, whose never touched anything but Pathfinder. Both of my brothers smoke pot and like to try and fuck anything with tits, both in game and in real life.

How worried should I be about my mental health? I have to DM as my area has no one else willing to DM AL and the shop needs a regular AL DM.
>>
>>51122252
Good taste.
>any suggestions on how to go about this with out her being a exact copy.?
Just by virtue of her being an adventurer in a different setting she'd be different enough, I think. Especially if she's a Fighter. Sure, you'd be able to recognize that she's mostly Lady Eboshi at her core, but nobody else would unless you told them.

>also are there any rules for firearms that I should know about?
Yes, in the DMG, plus the Gunsmith archetype for the Artificer class featured in the most recent UA.

>
I think LN. The 'good' of her fighting so hard for her people is certainly balanced out by her means, but there's no real cruelty that would constitute 'evil'.
>>
>>51122252
Firearms are in the DMG.

Also I would peg Lady Eboshi as a good example ofChaotic Neutral done right. Her motivations aren't plainly Good or Evil, and despite being an authority figure and having some friends in high places in the Imperial court, she herself is anything but a paragon of Lawfulness.
>>
>>51122253
Thx for the build ideas
>Have tried to give every single sentient creature a chance to surrender.
>My party was about to string me up by my ears when I let some bullied slave goblins go in exchange for info until the DM gave us their XP anyway
>Now everyone trying their hand at diplomacy
Entire party expected me to diplomacy with dragon cultists...
They worship a dragon bro... I'm not entirely sure about the lore here or how illmater feels about the rest of the Pantheon but dragons esp this type are suffering incarnate...
Cultists catches a mace to the dome mid sentence
>>
>artificer gunsmith

So you're saying if this were to become RAW I can play a gnome that rides a mechanical dinosaur into battle while shooting at enemies with pistols?

This seems amazing but also ridiculous.
>>
>>51121577
A EKs:

Has great AOE: scag cantrips , burning hands, shatter (bitch i have a lvl 9 wizard and still use burning hands).
Does 5d8+strx2+int at lvl 7 with greenflame blade and a longsword, or 4d6+3d8+strx2+int same but a great sword.
Can use booming blade on AoE to fuck your shit up.
Haste -> 4 attacks, yeah bitch. 4 attacks at lvl 14
hold person, with disvantage save (hi crits attacks).
->Counter spell
->Absorb elements
->shield
->feats -feats -feats (sentinel, GWM, PAM, ASI)
->weapon bond , have a weapon always /doesnt need warcaster if you dont wanna.

Fuck the EK makes the bladesinger and the paladin his bitch mate.
>>
>>51122327
>A small race barbarian (in this case dwarf) that goes into rage everytime someone makes a comment about his size.
>The thing is, I told my DM about this without really thinking it through, and now I'm not really sure on how to roleplay him properly.
Split your shitposting time between here and /fit/
>>
>>51122450
Shooting at enemies with a hand mortar, actually.
>>
>>51122305
>>51122381
>>51122386
seems like I decided to get back in/create her at the right time. thanks for the advice so far guys.

>>51122386

but doesn't she seek "rule the world" and/or build an empire of sorts? seems like that would be a more lawful thing to me. and the way she goes about it isn't exactly "good" I always thought she was a bit more on the LN or LE side. willing to do anything to protect her people and expand her emipre even if that means some unsavory things.
>>
>>51122468
To be honest I haven't finished reading it.
I just got to the part about the mechanical friend and was like "holy shit, mechanical dinosaur."
>>
>>51122427
Yea, Ive never been a fan of either kill on sight characters or pacifist characters, your response to the cultists was a good one imo. Illmaters main beef aint with dragons, but stopping evil is generally a good thing.

Also good to hear that the rest of your party is starting to take a step back from murderhobo life.
>>
>>51122452
>5d8+strx2+int at lvl 7 with greenflame blade and a longsword
Not to the same enemy though. You can cast a cantrip and make one attack as a bonus action at level 7, but that would net you 2d8 (sword) + 1d8 (GFB) + STRmodx2 on the enemy you attack at most. The second would only take 2d8+INTmod damage.
>Can use booming blade on AoE to fuck your shit up.
You...what? You meant Attack of Opportunity instead of Area of Effect, right? Because that's only possible if you take War Caster
>>
My players aren't the most interested in dungeon crawls and crunch, so I was thinking about running a game based in the snowy north that focuses on a mountain settlement, exploring and navigating frigid terrain, and diving into small dungeons and ancient locals here and there. Does this sound like a good idea?
>>
>>51121403
Ek is a mainly defensive caster. Shield, absorb elements, counterspell etc. Trade some 1v1 damage for survival and aoe.
>>
>>51122621
Sounds like my kind of game, especially if theres a few slice of life type elements in there.
>>
>>51122621
I'd likely do a hex exploration type game instead, focusing less on specific details like food and pretty much allowing free travel most of the time, but rather letting them uncover plots and deal with it themselves than have them handed to them.

>>51122452
It's basically just fighter except you can pick up GFB/BB alongside rapier+shield and shield / absorb elements for more tankiness and less need for almost-mandatory feats like GWM.
Also, at later levels, you can do support stuff like hold person, though it uses intellect.

Compared to bladesinger, bladesinger is honestly a stupid wizard archetype that's pretty much 'wizard, but slightly faster and more AC'. Wizard is fucking brilliant, so bladesinger wins, and bladesinger has pretty decent AC.
>>
anyone think that 2d6 for the gunsmith is strong? I mean, it's basically a flying great sword.
>>
>>51122459

Yeah well I honestlt did it for a few laughs, I'm thinking on a soldier with a headwound background, said wound messed up his head and now he thinks he's a human, hence he been am clanless barbarian outcast.

Is it plausible? Playable? I'm kind of dry on bonds and ideals, but I think about either CG or CN
>>
>>51122569
Seeing everyone evolve has been a blast, everyone being on the same page in our love of bad puns and dad lvl jokes tho... That's the real gift.
>>
>>51122597
i fucked up the booming blade sentence (i meaned AoO). But yeah i implied warcaster because:
Bladesinger arent gonna take it (like booming blade)
Paladin has not booming blade.
Figther has extra feat ,and practically need warcaster for warmagic.

>Not to the same enemy though. You can cast a cantrip and make one attack as a bonus action at level 7, but that would net you 2d8 (sword) + 1d8 (GFB) + STRmodx2 on the enemy you attack at most. The second would only take 2d8+INTmod damage.

Yeah, i was talking about total dmg. Enemies in D&D5 rarely come alone so trust me at lvl 7 your are much better using war magic with GFB that with another cantrip.
And if there is only one enemy (and thats rare)
1 he is gonna attack a friend -> you get one attack as a reaction
2 he is gonna attack you -> you are a tank specialist.
>>
>>51122704
By that logic rogue's level 1 is a bit strong because they can fire a hand crossbow for 2d6 damage if they get sneak attack.
Rogue also gets expertise and all that.
>>
>>51122704
It's the same damage a ranged rogue is putting out at 1st level.
>>
File: IMG_2372.png (351KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2372.png
351KB, 750x1334px
Guys im trying to make a dnd 5 PC vs 5 npc campaign where i give my players control over monsters, are these teams balanced
>>
Had 2 new players join my usual 1-on-1 Campaign with my friend.
His girlfriend and his brother.

His girlfriend is playing a Dragonborn Rogue. I told her, she gets to pick what colour her scales are and that determines what kind of element she shoots out for her Dragon Breath.

Her response? I want Rainbow Scales!

>Look at PHB Dragonborn entry
>Count number of types listed for dragonborn
>It is an even number
Solution!
So we're gonna have her roll d10 everytime she casts her breath weapon and that determines the damage type of her breath weapon and what her damage resistance will be until the next time she casts her breath weapon.

What do you guys think of my Chromatic Dragonborn? I mean..it is kinda on the fly solution, but she was overjoyed.
>>
>>51122452
> Fuck the EK makes the bladesinger and the paladin his bitch mate.
This sentence is fault. Bladesinger has more spell slot and would win in counterspell war.
And when you have 4 attacks at level 14, Bladesinger can already cast Animate Object at 7th spell slots for 14 attacks from tiny constructs + 2 attacks from himself.
>>
File: Impressed.png (32KB, 217x278px) Image search: [Google]
Impressed.png
32KB, 217x278px
>>51122782
Most DMs would have just told her she can only pick 1 color
>>
File: 1476660260426.png (218KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
1476660260426.png
218KB, 800x590px
>>51122782
That seems perfectly reasonable and the important part is that everyone is enjoying themselves. I don't see how anyone but a bitter neckbeard would have a problem with it.

Good job.
>>
>>51122782
Enjoy slowing the game down by introducing more rolls. But desu, only one roll per long rest isn't that bad. I guess it's a good solution.
>>
>>51122798
>>51122452
Bladesinger could just make 5 simulacrums of himself at that level. 10 attack per round.
>>
>>51122749
>>51122752
oh fair point. Didn't think of it that way. Thanks for that.
>>
>>51122782
Sounds like a fun way about it.
The idea of rainbow scales makes me think that they'd be reminiscent more of a Central American dragon, where they're also a bit birdlike and are very colorful.
>>
>>51122782

Very neat, approve of your DMing.
>>
>>51120978
i read in a previous thread that a gm's necro would clad himself and his minions in black robes and just hide amidst them
enemies who fail their investigate check have to guess which one they're hitting
when shit hits the fan he just cast darkness and relys on his bat to see where his enemies are

i really wanna rip off this idea
call my horde the black council or something.
>>
>>51122825
>>51122807
>>51122830
>>51122885
>>51122905

Thanks! I'm pretty new to this stuff, so i just go with my gut on this shit haha. Admittedly I have alot of fun with homebrew stuff.

I am actually thinking about, since she is a rogue, of giving her an ability, later on, for her scales to change colour based on the environment so she gets a bonus to stealth when standing perfectly still.

Though I am worried I am going to end up building expectations that I will accommodate anything and my players will develop a spoiled attitude.
>>
>>51122899
>ecro would clad himself and his minions in bacl robes and just hide amidst them
>"should we target the shambling robe guys or the chanting one?"
I'd make the wizard to roll for performance or stealth or something like that to pretend to be one of the zombies.
>>
File: 4297615-prismaticdragon.jpg (49KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
4297615-prismaticdragon.jpg
49KB, 400x330px
>>51122782
plot twist
she's a prismatic dragon
>>
>>51122931
> player could just Fireball you
> player could just pretidigitation on your black robe once they find the right one
> or jar of oil
> or bag of flour

Darkness is legit though.
>>
>>51122691
>Compared to bladesinger, bladesinger is honestly a stupid wizard archetype that's pretty much 'wizard, but slightly faster and more AC'. Wizard is fucking brilliant, so bladesinger wins, and bladesinger has pretty decent AC.
>that's pretty much 'wizard
>wizard
Thats the problem of the bladesinger: He cant do melee well, he need the ASI to melee ,and he has much better options instead of that "i hit with my sword". Because until lvl 14 he is weeeeak in melee.
So instead of a bladesinger you are much better using a necromancer or a diviner, or abjurer. Because despire being a bladesinger you role would be casting spells and if you enter in combat you end dead or without spells (but muh 25 AC... Mate not everything needs to hit).

Now if you say for example "favored soul" i would say totally yes, thats the shit.
>>
>>51122327
depends on the setting really
if its an OG thing they may not have theat stigma
on the other hand you could always just bring it up if its like Forgotten Realms or Ebberon or some shit
>>
>>51122378
your DM your the boss
keep em in line, have the girls reject them or saddle them with a wife and maybe weed doesn't exist in this setting
>>
>>51122947
couldnt you order your skeletons to mimic your hand movements? at least that way they wont know till you cast and then they'd just have to scramble around
>>
File: 1481414473103.jpg (126KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481414473103.jpg
126KB, 1000x800px
>>51122963
true but most enemies you fight wont have access to most of those things
i think he would be more likely to be the target of a turn undead spell and everyone but him runs off
the idea of a bunch of black robe clad figures huddle together to hide their master among them and using dark magic seems like a cool ass concept
>>
>>51122856
he can make 1, it last 12 houts and its cost 1500.

Still you demostrated my point, what the bladesinger does best is wizard stuff, not gish stuff.
And and diviner is the best at wizard stuff.
>>51122798
>This sentence is fault. Bladesinger has more spell slot and would win in counterspell war.
I mean in the gish departement not pvp, its obvius the bladesinger can kill the EK.

>And when you have 4 attacks at level 14, Bladesinger can already cast Animate Object at 7th spell slots for 14 attacks from tiny constructs + 2 attacks from himself.

Thats 97 dmg (without taking into acount that the tiny construct attack at +8) and for 2/day only.
Also a necromancer can do it much better than you.

With a hold person and gwm (i have advantage so cancel the -5) i can do 4d6+15 x 4 (bonus action attack cos crit). Thats 116, and i can do the trick 3 times per day.
Or i can make 6 attacks 3+1 haste +bonus + reaction(sentinel) -> 78 dmg but at +11 attack bonus.
And i havent taken into acount magic weapons.
>>
>>51122931
Bats can't see through magical darkness.
>>
>>51122964
Favoured Soul is a bit into 'yeah, you get AC' much like bladesinger's territory, but the fact that sorcerer's metamagic actually allows melee means it's not as bad.

Bladesinger isn't bad, but it's bad design. The ability is great, but even with ASIs you don't have a lot of point to entering melee combat.
>>
File: themark_by_algido-d9foset.jpg (152KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
themark_by_algido-d9foset.jpg
152KB, 1024x576px
>>51123177
no they cant
but how do they see through regular darkness? Echolocation.
>>
>>51122939
The lack of reliability seems (to me) to balance the wide range of abilities.

For the camo, I'd say just refluff the Skulker feat that lets you hide when only partially obscured(?).

If she'd asked for ALL resistances and breath weapons, that would be too much. You're not giving her any real advantage over a regular dragonborn, imo.

Normal (Black) Dragonborn
>good thing I have acid resistance!

Your PC
>Shit, acid. I'll use my 1 breath weapon and hope the 10% chance gives me acid resistance.

Off topic, breath weapon needs to scale with level.
>>
>>51123138
12 hour is casting time anon. Duration is Permanent until Dispel.
>>
File: 4 (2).png (10KB, 92x112px) Image search: [Google]
4 (2).png
10KB, 92x112px
What kind of battle music would you use if the party you are DMing runs into a Medusa?

mind you, there are 5 level 4's
>>
File: 1451035545669.jpg (84KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1451035545669.jpg
84KB, 800x585px
anyone mind if i just post some necro stuff?
also give me ideas for my necromancer wizard
i want to run a dust genasi or should i cave and just be a high elf?
>>
>>51123138
6.5*14 + 2*(1d8+4(Dex)+5(Int)) = 91+27 = 118 damage though? Although you could sacrified 1 ASI for another 1d8+5 if you dual-wield.
>>
>>51123312
Rock and Roll
>>
>51123138
Yeah they still cost a lot and a normal wizard can do a simulacrum of the party figther. You know why people doesnt use that spell for combat? money.
>>
>>51123138
> 5* Diviner simulacrum
> 10 use of Portent per day
Don't...
>>
>>51122964

What is the deal with Favored soul? I hear people say its really good. What are the good meta magic combos with it? What divine domain do people usually take?
>>
File: 1483171092491.jpg (659KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483171092491.jpg
659KB, 1920x1080px
>>51123444
the dmpc from a game im in was a favored soul
just seems like a weak paladin
also checked
>>
>>51123444
8 CHA.
Get Heavy armor and great sword via feat.

Attack > Extra Attack > Haste action attack > Quicken Green-flame or Booming blade.
>>
>>51123444
Life is great for Spiritual Weapon if you didn't dump CHA.
>>
>>51123363
My bad
but if we take the +8 to hit it would be:
91*0'85+27+9,5(second attack)=113

Still as a wizard you can do much better things that an horde of tiny construcs that are gonna die in a few rounds.
For example an horde of esqueleton archers.
>>
>>51123544
Horde of simulacrum that have extra attack and +INT to attack.
>>
Those who think psionics doesn't belong in D&D are fucking literal pieces of shit.
>>
>>51123407
fuck thats scary...
>>
>>51123599
>>51123407
New villian for DM? New villian for DM!!
>>
>>51123590
Why even make the distinction between normal magic and brain magic? Wizards use their brains for magic right?
>>
>>51123590
>Those who think psionics doesn't belong in D&D are fucking literal pieces of shit.
They're autists just ignore them alot of thema re the guys that gave feedback to remove the order of the immortal.
>>
>>51123588
see >>51123407
Bladesinger does wizard stuff and is the worst at wizard stuff.
We are talking about gishes mate.
Also i havent money and time to waste in shit i cannot repair.
>>
>>51123639
Can't you use finger of death on simulacrum to turn it into permanent zombie? I mean.. finger of death over rule sruff like Wild Shape and Polymorph.
>>
File: 1473479782254.jpg (189KB, 541x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473479782254.jpg
189KB, 541x700px
>>51123590
i dont hate it, it just seems redundant and out of place
wizards are lifting shit with their minds and psionics come along like
"no thiiiis is how you lift shit with your mind"
>>
>>51123622
>>51123588

>The villain is a diviner with an horde of simulacrum in his castle.
>The entire horde cast Clairvoyance when the villain enters in battle.

They make all the players fail every roll. And the villains always autocrit.
>>
>>51123639
Bladesinger is fine though. I understand that some people think it doesn't really fill gish role, but the same goes for EK.

Valor Bard is one true gish.
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 385x415px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 385x415px
i asked this in the other thread but
how would you make a crawling claw familiar a competitive choice to the others?
>>
>>51123660
Now you have a zombie made of snow.

Its not better to use directly finger of death? All zombies have the same stats.

>>51123711
i concede
>>
>>51123754
It's a snow zombie that look exactly like you. There has to be a use for that.
>>
>>51123725
As it walks around it constantly says "I'll swallow your soul"
>>
File: crawlingClaw.jpg (85KB, 626x788px) Image search: [Google]
crawlingClaw.jpg
85KB, 626x788px
>>51123773
what in mores code?
im thinking we up the movement to 30'
double blindsight and add stealth
is that fair?
>>
>>51123626
>>51123664
Wizards construct arcane formulae and minutiae which they resolve onto reality. Their spells are byproducts of their research and knowledge.

Psions bypass all of that and expel power into reality at the speed of mind. Theirs is the literal power of the mind of their imagination.

>>51123633
Yeah, too right, man.
>>
>>51120990

Would have preferred more Rogue Archetypes. Also that Gun artificer seems a bit OP.
>>
>>51123791
>>51123725

Give it the ability to act as a Mage Hand once or twice per long rest.
>>
>>51123626
>>51123664
If you can't make and understand the distinction between the two, you are literally fucking retarded. How are you even breathing?
>>
>>51123791
No they just say it out loud.
>>
>>51123806
Breathing doesn't require intelligent thought. People that are literally retarded do it all the time.
>>
>>51123831
Damn, this point is too good, man.
>>
>>51123795
That doesn't make it any less redundant.

Sorcerer is kind of redundant as it is now, for example. It's very much a charisma wizard that didn't study for powers and just got them out of nowhere so they have more limited spells but a few extra cool things they can do.

Yet, it doesn't really introduce anything much. Even a paladin and a cleric vary quite a fair bit between them.
>>
>>51123999
Barbarian is just a fighter who gets angry, the class is redundant.
>>
>>51124020
>implying
No, fighter and barbarian have very different features. Sure, they're both pretty plain and boring and maybe come down to hitting things a lot, but it's not as similar as sorcerer is to wizard.
>>
>>51124020
You know it's funny, I used to think that barbarians were pretty redundant, but then I got distracted by a bunch of other shit that was even more redundant like psionics.
>>
>>51124033

I think slapping together the barbarian and the fighter would result in a pretty interesting class. Probably wouldn't even need to shed any features to balance it.
>>
>>51123999
Do you not get the distinction?

What's the point of any class then?

>>51124033
You can't say that and then say the psion and wizard are redundant.
>>
>>51124045
>>51123999
You are literally brain damaged. Your opinions are colored by your distaste of psionics.
>>
>>51123999

Clerics are an interesting case because there's actually a lot of variation between individual clerics depending on their faith.
>>
>>51124063
You need to chill man, it's not like there's some heated argument going on here. You can't just throw out "retard" and "brain damaged" any old time or else they lose impact and make you sound like a tool.
>>
>>51124050
Honestly, I think it'd be better to instead make barbarian a bit different. Introduce something interesting, much like battlemaster has manoeuvres, warlock has invocations, casters with different spell lists and all that.
They have rage, but rage is very much a 'press this button to get resistance and some passive stuff for a bit'. Fighter can be the boring class that can be turned more interesting, barbarian is a bit boring without multiclass...
Despite what the others are saying though, it's still different from a fighter. It has hardly any features in common at all, mostly just 'extra attack'.

>>51124054
Psionic and wizard are different classes, because of the way psi points and disciplines work.
However, if you literally say what was said earlier with 'wizards power spells through knowledge, psionics do the same shit but with their mind!' then that's basically saying 'it's the same class with different fluff'.
>>
>>51123999
>>51124045
You're not explaining how. What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>51124105
It's how you differentiate the expression of those powers. Just relying on mechanics is fucking useless, but those are good starts.

>However, if you literally say what was said earlier with 'wizards power spells through knowledge, psionics do the same shit but with their mind!' then that's basically saying 'it's the same class with different fluff'.
Explain yourself.
>>
Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger could mechanically all be merged into the same class and not much would change in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>51124133

We shall call him...fighty guy!
>>
>>51124118
Psionics are shit, I know this a priori. Explanations are needless.
>>
>>51124127
Well, in this series of posts

>>51123590
>>51123626
>>51123795

It's pretty much said 'well, why are we differentiating psionics and wizardmagic?'
and it's answered 'well, it's different'

At which point we get this post -
>>51123999
Which is essentially 'That's good and all, but just because you gain your powers in different ways doesn't mean it makes a good class if it just achieves the same result'

And then it turned into an argument about comparing classes or something, I don't know.
>>
>>51124144
Then you're legitimately brain damaged and your opinions are worth shit. Even retards can haltingly explain the why of something. You're less than a retard.
>>
>>51124159
There you go again. If you say things like this when tensions are low it gives the impression that you're throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>51124154
The differences were explained. You are choosing not to see it.

Think of wizard arcane magic as learned and studied and psionics are an innate force.
>>
>>51124177
So sorcerers then.
>>
>>51124175
Good stuff autist, excellent. You deserve a clap for that.
I'm saying these things as truth: your opinions are still worth shit and you're still less than a retard. Whatever retarded shit your brain damaged state comes up with is your own delusion.
>>
>>51124184
Sorcerers are force of personality. You gotta try harder than that.
>>
>>51124184
That's force of personality. Retard harder.
>>
>>51124177
You're not even getting the point here.

It doesn't matter if he's powered by horseshit or by illuminati memes, what is being said is

'If they both achieve the same thing, it doesn't matter what the difference is'
or
'If they're powered differently, they at least need different mechanics and results of those mechanics'

Which is where the sorcerer-wizard comparison comes in, where the sorcerer really doesn't achieve anything much the wizard doesn't for the most part and honestly is mechanically rather similar and could be an archetype.

So the real question is 'does the psionic result in a different playstyle to the wizard?' which is currently, by the looks of it, probably a 'yes' with the way the mechanics work quite differently to most classes we currently have, even if some of the abilities can be replicated by a wizard.
>>
>>51124192
You are just precious.
>>
>>51124225
You are just a three-chinned, corpulent autist.
>>
>>51124214
Did you really just copy the post above you like I wouldn't have seen it? Then add retard to it? Man this just keeps getting better.
>>
>>51124223
You are getting the point you colossal freak of a shit statue. Do you even read before you post. Do you even stop and consider thinking before shitting in the keyboard and smashing your face into it repeatedly hoping to form a coherent post.
>>
>>51124240
Retard harder. No, seriously consider actually thinking for once.
>>
>>51124184
Sorcery still relies on physical manipulation to affect the weave and is fueled by force of will and strength of personality.

Psionics bypasses the weave, requiring no physical manipulation, and is a spontaneous manifestation of directed thought. It's fueled by legitimately otherworldly expansion of mental potential, allowing a Psion to think and perceive in ways that affect reality directly.
>>
>>51124249
Then what's the problem?
>>
>>51124264
>the weave

I don't remember seeing this mentioned anywhere in the PHB.
>>
>>51124262
So I think that if you say retard at least once more, it might start to have the intended effect.
>>
File: psychokinetic barrier.gif (2MB, 338x264px) Image search: [Google]
psychokinetic barrier.gif
2MB, 338x264px
>someone thinks intrinsic telekinesis and telepathy are the same thing as casting a spell
>superpowers of the mind comparable to ki
>studying and writing down runes that trigger specific effects
>the same thing to the point of redundancy
What? This is like saying Charles Xavier and Bruce Wayne are the same because they're both wealthy and smart.
>>
>>51124272
PHB pg 205.
>>
>>51124223
What is even the issue when the mechanics are different.

What is being debated also is how they derive their power, which you're clouding the issue and retardedly don't consider.
As the mechanics are actually different, the burden also falls to how they are differentiated in a fluff way.
>>
>>51124272
You must be fun at parties.
>>
>>51124264
>>51124282
These are good points.
>>
>>51124287

Huh, whaddaya know.
>>
>>51124264
>>51124282
You can't use actually well written points against retards. They'd just stick their fingers in their ears and screech autistically at the top of their lungs.

>>51124144
This is a good exanple of how brain damaged they are.
>>
>>51124324
We Forgotten Realms. Also, stop being a legit piece of shit. It's not cute.
>>
>>51124330
example*
>>
>>51124291
Well, maybe everybody's getting confused about who they're talking to because people were starting to compare barbarian and fighter together against sorcerer and wizard, which is a matter of similar fluff rather than similar mechanics.

I don't even know why you'd bother arguing about fluff when the fluff is clearly as different as barbarian and fighter are. I suppose it depends on how you view psychics though - it's possible that psychics in some works of fiction function pretty much like wizards do in 5e.
>>
>>51124330
You're the only one screeching here.
>>
>>51124345
You're the only getting confused bro, those points were heaped into the mix afterwards
>>
why isn't the DMG Aasimar in the github? It's different from the Protector Aasimar
>>
>>51124334
Yo, anon, I'm the one who pointed out the page it was on. You need to chill. You're not being excellent to your fellow fa/tg/uys right now.
>>
>>51124133
>>51124136

Fun facts about Fighty Guy;

He gets three saving throws! All the physical ones.
>>
>>51124361
Because Meganon has deemed them unworthy.

Or just hasn't gotten to it yet. He's doing what he does on his own time, and is more than these shitty threads deserve.
>>
>>51124345
You and the other pieces of shit who shit on psionics and would screech rather than explain are the only confused shitnuggets here.
>>
>>51124361
Aasimar (and Eladrin) weren't in the original data collection I originally based it all on. I'll put it on the list.
>>
>>51124394
You're actually too good for us. We literally don't deserve this.
>>
>>51124355
Nah, everyone else sees how much of a cunt you are.

>>51124366
Fuck off, they've been pieces of shit. You're acting like one now.
>>
>>51124366
Fuck the fat autistic fucks.
Lose some fucking weight, get some actual friends and go outside for once in your goddamn miserable lives. >>51124366
>>
>>51124406
Do you really think that guy is acting like more of a piece of shit than >>51124421?
>>
>>51124421
>>51124406
You're the ones sperging out over someone disliking psionics.
>>
>>51124421
are you alright my dude
>>
>>51124429
Hey, guess what. You're all shit. Explanations aren't needed.

What he is saying is true.
>>
>>51124433
>>51124438
See >>51124442
>>
>>51124356
Well, after all of this, I'm starting to see the point.

Wizard is a guy who uses their expansive brainpower to remember and reproduce effects.
Psionic is a guy who uses their expansive brainpower and psionic training training to reproduce effects.

But then, if you think about sorcerer and wizard, you could also say
Wizard is a guy who uses their expansive brainpower to remember and reproduce effects.
Sorcerer is a guy who uses their brainpower to inflict their force of will on things and reproduce effects.

.. Whatever. It doesn't matter how you can word it, you just have to answer these things:
'The average 5e player imagines a wizard. They then imagine a psionic.'
>Do they look different?
>Do they achieve different feats?
>Are their methods of training and attaining power different?
>Can you think of a character design for each class, and could each of those character designs fit the other class, too?

And I guess most people would think of a wizard guy as an academic in robes, whereas a psionic guy might be a sort of monk-like caster or a regular looking person in disguise or some guy with an inflated head.

Honestly, you don't think of people with oversized craniums as being the wizardly sort. Or, at least I don't. They're more like tacticians at least.
>>
>>51124442
Learn to take a joke, jesus.
>>
>>51124451
>Wizard is a guy who uses their expansive brainpower to remember and reproduce effects.
>Psionic is a guy who uses their expansive brainpower and psionic training training to reproduce effects.
This is oversimplication at its finest.
>>
>>51120978
Crazy DnD story dudes
>one of our players' character is a demigod
>other player new character is severely underleveled to be adventuring with a demigod
>end up travelling to the beastlands to retrieve a legendary weapon which our character lost
>have to jump down a really deep hole
>demigod jumps down no problem
>wisdom saving throw for human DC 20 (24d6 fall damage for a low leveled human is pretty scary)
>nat20 YOLO suicide jump
>fall is broken by going through amathyst magical portal and pool of floating water then landing on demigod
>both end up finding the weapon
>turns out a dragon crab added it to its hoard
>underleveled player used as distraction to lure out gargantuan dragon crab while demigod steals the weapon
>TFW demigod persuasion too OP
>demigod tells human that dragon crabs like to talk about themselves
>dragon crab's hoard turns out to be on top of its shell as it rises out of the sand
>dragon crab is wondering why a human is in the beastlands
>demigod attempts to jump onto the shell to grab the weapon but the crab moves and he slips
>succeeds dex saving throw to not fall off ledge
>no longer stealthed
>dragon crab about to turn around
>human uses persuasion to get crab to talk about himself as a distraction
>rolls a 5 +7 for persuasion (dat proficiency though)
>dragon crab thinks it's some sort of trick, starts singing about himself to the naive human who foolishly entered his lair
>performance roll 11 +19 +bonus for being covered in treasure
>result, awe inspiring, human is both amazed and afraid
>>
>>51124442
Hello kettle? This is a pot. You're black.
>>
File: 2mTxc6B.jpg (5KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
2mTxc6B.jpg
5KB, 142x142px
Why do people get so assblasted about psionics
>>
File: don't tell me you're serious.png (197KB, 487x399px) Image search: [Google]
don't tell me you're serious.png
197KB, 487x399px
>>51124469
part 2

>dragon crab shows off his +9 proficiency with survival and nature checks using his shiny treasure covered shell to attract fish which just jump right into his mouth
>also shows off his shitty passive perception
>"you look like seafood"
>about to eat human
>human wearing necklace with god tier magic item inside
>dragon crab almost becomes a god by eating her
>interrupted by demigod grabbing magic weapon
>dragon crab drops human
>surpriseround.png
>attempt transformation into giant bird
>fail
>roll initiative
>demigod first
>attempt again using up all 3 legendary actions this time
>fail fail fail fail
>TFW wasted legendary actions and surprise round and first round
>TFW this weapon requires attunement
>proceed to get rekt by dragon crab
>TFW dragon crab can disarm, grapple, and parry attacks
>GG we're dead
>human thrown into bone cage for snack later
>climbs out while dragon crab exhausts demigod's HP and legendary resistances while wearing out his stamina until he can't put up a fight
>human climbs out and lands in green glowing algae and covers a barnacle with it to look like deity class magic item
>demigod about to be eaten
>TFW dragon crab almost became a deity twice
>running on 5HP and 5 points of exhaustion
>human distracts crab one last time with fake item
>runs away and drops it into a crack in the ground
>dragon crab falls for it
>escape time
>proficiency in nature checks reveals it to be fake
>dramatic escape using geiser
TFW this was the Disney movie Moana and not DnD
>>
>>51124458
You shits being literally worse than retards is concerning. I'm concerned for the safety of all of you. If I remove the safety labels you'll all die.
>>
>>51124478
Old habit from Pathfinder days.
>>
>>51124467
But it's not wrong.

That's why you read further down the post and instead consider what the average player's perception of such a character would be instead of thinking simply of 'how do they cast magic?' because, honestly, nobody is going to imagine exactly how the wizard and psionic are casting magic in-game.

What matters is player's perspectives of the designs of character that arise from the class.
>>
>>51124474
You're a shit.

>>51124478
Stop being autistic. It's one group of fat fucks trying to projectile shit other groups of fat fucks.
>>
>>51124499
English is not your first language, is it?
>>
>>51124491
Reading further won't work if all they want is to screech impotently.
>>
File: rZi4vVi.jpg (137KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
rZi4vVi.jpg
137KB, 900x900px
>>51124499
Honestly it sounds like one dude being an aggro cunt, my dog
>>
>>51124505
Your name is
really apt.
>>
Is there anything a barm or Monk can wear that adds AC? Like clothing that has +1 AC?
>>
>>51124520
I can confirm that it has been more than one person.

>>51124523
Throwing someone's own self-deprecating joke back at them really doesn't work.
>>
File: logged the fuck in.gif (946KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
logged the fuck in.gif
946KB, 500x272px
>>51124361
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/races.html#Aasimar%20(DMG)

Here you go.
>>
>>51124458
It's funny if you're severely autistic, so you must find it hilarious.
>>
>>51124520
You all need a cattleprod to the face.

>>51124535
Fight me in real life. Don't pay any attention to the other fuck.
>>
>>51124469
>demigod
>5e
and
>demigod along with weak player
and
>wis save to jump down
and
>thinks it's some sort of trick, so instead of talking about themself sings about themself
and
>+bonus for being covered in treasure
What is this, pathfinder with situational modifiers? You could give them advantage. +19 is just fucking stupid, who gets that?
and
>rolling ability checks against players
>>51124479
and
>+9 proficiency means instead of being really good at it and crafting fancy fish-catching nets fish just become dumber so they're easier to catch
and
>god tier item
and
>almost becomes god by eating her
and
>surprise round even though character was unhidden ages ago and the target was essentially in combat
and
>transformation
and
>legendary actions on a player
and
>3 legendary actions all at once instead of one/turn
and
>5 points of exhaustion from that

At what point was this supposed to sound like it was 5e?
>>
>>51124547
I really don't know which fuck is which.
>>
>>51124537
Real talk meganon, why are you so good to us? You see what these threads produce: literal autists, shit taste, and russian aggrocrag phoneposters. We don't deserve you.
>>
>>51124569
Stop being severely autistic then. When did 5eg stoop to the level of pfg?
Also fuck you, Russians are chill.
>>
>>51124569
>>51124562
You're all of those things.
>>
>>51124569
> literal autists, shit taste, and russian aggrocrag phoneposters.
Only you fucks shitting on psionics are these. Stop insulting yourselves.
>>
>>51124575
>Assblasted Siberian detected
>>
>>51124575
No, we aren't.
>>
>>51124587
Fuck off.

>>51124589
Stop pretending.
>>
So, uh, how's the UA artificer?
>>
>>51124581
That didn't help at all. It didn't even make sense.
>>
File: hvkkeL8.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hvkkeL8.gif
257KB, 500x500px
So Swords are really cool
>>
>>51124601
It's pretty good overall, playable, definitely support-focused. The mechanical servant at 6th feels a bit weird since you get it seemingly out of nowhere and it doesn't scale before or after, but like all UA stuff there are kinks that will be worked out.
>>
>>51124586
Anon I *like* psionics. I spent like 3 posts throughout this thread explaining the fluff difference between Psionics and magic, and then asked you to calm your tits, before putting on the name. You're so worked up you don't even realize who you're arguing with at this point.
>>
>>51124601
Riding into battle on a Robot-Eagle and raining death on everything is pretty sick
>>
>>51124603
You're not helping you assblasted autist.
>>
>>51124601
Mechanical servant a shit and really out of place, and a lot of people seem to agree on it. We need to get this out to Mearls.
>>
>>51124604
You're so right, in fact the only thing that isn't cool is psionics am I right guys?
>>
>>51124601
Literal fucking robot bear tanks.
At-will explosive rounds from your bear tank.
>>
>>51124609
See >>51124618
Stop acting fucking contrarian you shit.
>>
>>51124626
Yeah definitely, but we're literal shitcunts. Guess it can't be helped.
>>
>>51124632
Telling you to stop being an aggro shitposter isn't being contrarian, although I can see at this point it's wasted effort. You win.
>>
What if people that like Psionics can have them, and the people that don't do their thing with whatever they like?
>>
>>51122704
>>51122749
>>51122866

It's mostly thunder monger that I'm worried about. Extra damage on your attack without any resources consumed or special requisites feels a bit BS to me
>>
File: 1400554764869.jpg (256KB, 900x713px) Image search: [Google]
1400554764869.jpg
256KB, 900x713px
>>51124604

I identify heavily with this character.
>>
>>51124649
But anon... why would anyone want psionics?
>>
File: 1382317167192.png (88KB, 305x230px) Image search: [Google]
1382317167192.png
88KB, 305x230px
fact

psionics is objectively better and cooler than magic and if you diagree you're a faggo
>>
>>51124656 psionics is fucking cool you cocksucker.
>>
>>51124650
It scales the same as sneak attack, which is expected to be dealt every round.
>>
>>51124656
See >>51124655
>>
>>51124655
No don't listen to him. Keep posting. I want this to go on as long as physically possible.
>>
>>51124669
See >>51124655
>>
>>51124655
No please stay, this is fun.
>>
>>51124669
>>51124679
No one cares what you want you three-chinned turbotard with no friends.
>>
>>51124685
And you give it to me anyway! You're a true friend.
>>
>>51124685
Do go on.
>>
File: 1425511891721.jpg (121KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1425511891721.jpg
121KB, 816x816px
fact

magic is objectively better and cooler than psionics and if you diagree you're a faggo
>>
>>51124693
>>51124699
You should at least feel like a smear of shit.
>>
So we've confirmed at this point that everyone in this thread defending psionics was just a shitposting Russian right? No one actually likes psionics here because they aren't retards?
>>
>>51124705
Are you alright? Your insults are getting shorter.
>>
>>51124711
Maybe it's just a bot at this point. His responses don't really make any sense.
>>
File: 1484039530815.jpg (269KB, 1080x1047px) Image search: [Google]
1484039530815.jpg
269KB, 1080x1047px
>>51124693
>>51124699
>>51124707
>>51124711
Pic related is you.
>>
>>51124707
I like psionics. Want to talk about it respectfully like civil adults?
>>
>>51124707
i like psionics but i'm shitposting to trigger our resident autist
>>
>>51124537
you can take my virginity megaanon. Please be gentle
>>
>>51124720
You've convinced me, psionics are pretty rad.
>>
>>51124722
You just proved you're the only autist. Don't stoop to his level.

People think you're retarded because you sound retarded when you're shitposting.
>>
>>51124735
aw dang, you sure showed me!
>>
>>51124735
Not him but I don't really care how retarded I have to act if I can goad more high quality posts from our new best bud.
>>
>>51124664
Yeah but Sneak attack at least requires some work. I'm okay with it being every round but at least build in a restriction of some form.
>>
File: 1484040054120.jpg (42KB, 506x667px) Image search: [Google]
1484040054120.jpg
42KB, 506x667px
Psionics shitters literally look like pic related.
>>
>>51124740
>>51124742
Aww, show me on the doll where the bad psion touched you.
>>
File: 1424622482004.jpg (11KB, 215x251px) Image search: [Google]
1424622482004.jpg
11KB, 215x251px
>>51124751
i just said i liked psionics tho
>>
Is there point to acting like this on 4chan of all places?
>>
>>51124763
one must indulge in madness from time to time in order to stay sane
>>
>>51124744
To restate what I meant: the math is similar to sneak attack for rogues, in that they are expected to get it every round to stay viable. And, just like sneak attack, it generally falls behind other damage-focused classes like fighter, barbarian, and paladin at higher levels, especially when feats are involved.
>>
>>51124761
Yeah, you do look like a retard.
>>
>>51124768
This advice seems questionable
>>
>>51124768
You are acting worse though. Can you not. I don't remember 5eg like this.
>>
Anything a Barb or Monk can wear to increase AC?like maybe magical garment that has +1 AC?
>>
>>51124744
Mandatory bonus action to reload is the "hoop" they're jumping through for the extra damage. It's about as trivial as it is for rogues to get sneak attack.
>>
File: 1313872014115.jpg (37KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1313872014115.jpg
37KB, 351x359px
>>51124770
i don't understand what you're trying to say anymore
>>
>>51124780
There are some magic items (Bracers of Defense, most notably). Barbarians can wear medium armor just fine as well.
>>
>>51124768
You acting like a literal piece of shit though.
>>
>>51124770
psionics are great
>>
>>51124768
>>51124782
>>51124786
Confirmed for sperging out in your mom's basement surrounded by shit and piss.
>>
>>51124783
I mean clothes they can wear that give AC bonus that doesn't count as armor do it wont change Unarmored defense
>>
>>51124780
Most magic items that increase AC would work on them. They just can't benefit from armor and unarmed defense (and a bunch of other shit when they're monks). Outside of magic shit not really
>>
>>51124801
Not in the rules as they are now. Talk with your DM if it's a problem.
>>
>>51124693
>>51124699
>>51124711
>>51124722
>>51124735
>>51124740
>>51124742
>>51124751
>>51124761
>>51124768
>>51124770
>>51124782
>>51124784
>>51124786
>>51124800
If only girls gave you as much attention as you're giving each other, then maybe you won't be sad lonely shits.
>>
>>51124801
If you mean mundane equipment, then there isn't anything that raises AC that doesn't fall under armor or shields. Outside of those and magic items only class features, feats, and spells would raise AC
>>
>>51124801
Cloak of protection gives you +1 to AC and saves. A cloak is a type of clothes.
>>
guis ;)
>>
>>51124823
Pretty pleased right now honestly. How're you doing?
>>
>>51124823
are you giving us attention because you want some dick?
>>
hey guyse ;)
>>
what are good spells that can be cast at close range that a Bladesinger can use?
>>
>>51124823
Fuck off you shitfucker.

>>51124844
I don't like psionics.

>>51124846
Nah, but your mom did.

But not your miniscule limp thing, they couldn't find it with a microscope even if they tried.
>>
Working on a bunch of new dinosaur creatures for my campaign because dinosaurs are cool.

Giganotosaurus, just use the T-Rex stat block for the most part, eh?
>>
>>51124862
I don't know how to say this politely, but your distaste for psionics is indicative of a certain level of mental deficiency. Am I right to assume you live with your mother?
>>
>>51124883
You're insulting yourself. Are you schizophrenic?
>>
what if you multiclassed psionic and wizard?
>>
>>51124892
It was the only way to convince my dm to let me play two characters at the same time.
>>
>>51124883
>>51124844
>>51124846
It's trying to be insulting, but asscheeks can't type they only spew shit.
>>
>>51124904
Admitting you need help is only the beginning.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>51124937
>>51124937
>>51124937
>>
>>51123292
Dragonborn breath weapon does scale with level.
>>
>>51121388
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/200237/the-Magus-Class
>>
>>51124846
I'm not a faggit like you are.
>>
>>51125010
Too shit.
>>
>>51125019
I like it! Enspell and Aegis are solid buffs with a good amount of damage similar to the Paladin.
>>
>>51122766
>pit fiend and Baphomet on the same team
dude why would you put the 2 best players in the format on the same team?
that is totally unbalanced
>>
>>51124781
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Still kinda curious why they worded it differently. Currently it needs to be a full action and it can't be part of a attack action.

Better wording imo would be:

Beginning at 3rd level, you learn to channel thunder energy into your Thunder Cannon. Once per turn, you can make a special attack with your Thunder Cannon that deals an extra 1d6 thunder damage on a hit.
The amount of extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class: 5th level (2d6), 7th level (3d6), 9th level (4d6), 11th level (5d6), 13th level (6d6), 15th level (7d6), 17th level (8d6), and 19th level (9d6).

This way you can still use extra attack via other means and not be fucked over because of the idiosyncratic wording.

Also, wouldn't it be more elegant to make the Thunder Cannon into a weapon option with loading? And then tie the special attacks into a bonus action to activate?

Thunder Cannon - N/A - 2D6 Piercing - 18 lb - Ammunition (range 150/500), loading, two handed
>>
Anyone think of a better beast to copy the stats of than plesiosaurus?

Low speed but very high hp for beasts of that CR with a +6 3d6+4 attack and 10 ft reach.

I wish they didn't limit us to just large size and just beasts.
>>
>>51125619
Hunter Shark. Blood Frenzy for free advantage.
>>
>>51125658
It has a speed of zero...
>>
>>51125712
Put it on a wheelbarrow.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.