[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 30

File: WarforgedPimp.jpg (90KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
WarforgedPimp.jpg
90KB, 600x750px
No Youtube shills edition

>Latest News
New 5e book announced: Tales from the Yawning Portal
http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/tales-yawning-portal

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>>51104033
Old thread
>>
I am thinking about requiering an action or bonus action to hold concentration on spells would that just be retarded or more ballanced?
>>
First for kobold dragon hunting parties and 8 INT wizards
>>
Heads up folks, we are expecting UA to come out today, but nothing published as of yet. Maybe within the next hour or two, so hold on tight.
>>
>>51109886

It would nerf casters onto uselessness and ensure they just stopped using concentration spells. How do you not anticipate something like this?
>>
Tell me your character race, class, and concept. I'll tell you what magic item I'd give your character in my campaign.

>>51109827

An amulet that increases martial arts die by 1 step (1d4 to 1d6, 1d6 to 1d8, 1d8 to 1d10, 1d10 to 1d12) and allows the monk to cast Friends using her ki DC.

>>51109830
A golden chain that lets the character use an action to charm the target. The DC is 8+prof+Wis. If the creature fails the saving throw, it is charmed and restrained by spectral chains unless the character holding the chain allows the charmed creature to move. Duration is 10 minutes, usable Wis mod times per day.
>>
>>51109936
>Duration is 10 minutes, usable Wis mod times per day.
Add on concentration to duration, and damage lets the creature repeat the saving throw.
>>
>>51109912
A bludgeoning weapon with the finesse quality. Adds proficiency to damage, but always deals non-lethal damage. Once per day, the user can gain advantage on the next attack with the weapon if an ally is within 5 ft. of the target of the attack and the ally is not incapacitated.
>>
>>51109936
I'm a half-elf necromancer bard. I'm in it for the fame, but I'm also a coward, so as soon as I'm inside the dungeon and people can't see me I raise a few skeletons or zombies to be my meat wall or palanquin bearers.
It's my aspiration to one day be mayor, or maybe even exroy.
>>
>>51109088
>>51109822
Thread war when?
>>
>>51110041
>that thread: 10:32
>this thread: 11:26
why would someone even make this one
>>
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR CURRENT CAMPAIGN YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARDS
>>
>>51110052
Old one wasn't linked in previous dying thread.
>>
>>51110006
Modified hats of disguise that can also cover smell. For the zombies and skeletons.
>>
>>51110059
>idiots don't punch "5eg" into the catalog before clicking POST on their new thread
just sage this shit and maybe it'll still be around when we finish the other one
>>
>>51110087
The other thread is already full of cancer. Put it out of its misery
>>
>>51109936
A desert bandit that uses tavern brawler to fight with his shield and his fist. Used to be the leader of a band of about two-score until some guy stumbled upon their secret hideout. Has an imperfectly healed knife wound on the heart where the interloper's slave stabbed him before he escaped
>>
>>51109088
Go to the thread with all the cancer.
>>
>>51110081
Funny you should mention that, it's something my character is actually researching together with a Magic Item Shopkeeper and our cleric. Except our idea is basically just simple guard armour with an enchantment, because I want my skeletons to be decent henchmen.
>>
File: 1483840912369.png (90KB, 157x499px) Image search: [Google]
1483840912369.png
90KB, 157x499px
Trying to make a dust genasi for 5e because i love the idea of being born part elemental but the 4 basic ones seem too...strong leaning.
however these dour fucker look like they'd make great necromancers

so im thinking:
+2 CON (from genasi)
+1 INT (they are said to be smart but sarcastic)
breathless (they are said to not breathe, but maybe i should change it to be the same as air genasi?)
darkvision (just seems like it would make sense)
lastly im thinking about adding some thematic cantrip that uses CON as it's modifier,something either wind or earth related
maybe feather fall? or maybe something like an ability that kicks up dust providing cover and requires a fort save?
>>
>>51109936
Half-Elf Urchin Sorcerer (Silver Dragon Bloodline). Constantly boasts that his mom is a silver dragon (when no one's even sure dragons exist, as the last one seen in recorded history was 2,000 years ago). Dad's a nice enough elf, but a bit distant, and never really laid down any hard rules for his kid. Mother is not around, father won't talk about her no matter what.

The overall idea is that this is a punk kid who pulled harmless pranks as a child with his magic, but as an adult wants to make a name for himself, to prove to his father that he is someone to be proud of after a childhood of delinquency, and to maybe meet his mother, even if she isn't a dragon but is some human girl.
>>
>>51110356
lord if he was half dragon you'd be able to tell. characters with even 16th dragon blood have dragonic features. I can't imagine what a half dragon would look like.
>>
>>51110473
>I can't imagine what a half dragon would look like.
There are pictures, you know. Like, a ton of pictures. All over the place.
>>
>>51109930
>It would nerf casters onto uselessness
But arent casters much better than martial? Dont they need nerfs?
>>
>>51110648
5e is decently well balanced. A lot of the time martial will do more hp damage than casters, and control spells have gotten a fair deal weaker.
It's not 3.5, at least.
>>
File: crawlingClaw.jpg (85KB, 626x788px) Image search: [Google]
crawlingClaw.jpg
85KB, 626x788px
would crawling claws make good familiars?
owls seem OP but i want something more thematic but useful
it seems all they have going for them is blindsight and climbing
>>
>>51110825
Owls spit on every other familiar. Flyby is just that good.
Even so, Crawling Hand is still worse than Bat, which is flying with blindsight.
>>
>>51110922
if you were a dm what "buffs" would you allow to be applied to a crawling hand to make it competitive to the other familiars (excluding owl)
>>
>>51110993
I'd make enemies not pay much attention to the familiar. There's not really any reasonable buffs you can make to turn non-flying familiars competitive, short of giving them flyby as well.
>>
>>51109822
NEW UA FOLKS.
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/1_UA_Artificer_20170109.pdf
>>
>two threads at once

At least use
>>51109088
>>
>>51109936
A female human Old One Warlock. Used to be a male tiefling, but died and bargained with his patron to come back 'by any means'. He was put in someone else's body and became very ashamed of his new form, using the disguise self invocation to hide the news from his party.
this sounds magical realm-y when I put it to words...
>>
>>51111096
maybe increase move and climb to 30'
and double blindsight radius to 40' and add stealth?
that puts it on par with crab or spider
>>
>>51111433
Yes, it really does.
>>
File: Genasi_-_Dust.jpg (97KB, 1013x646px) Image search: [Google]
Genasi_-_Dust.jpg
97KB, 1013x646px
>>51110299
bump
>>
>>51111473
It was half my idea. When he was killed and I bargained, my DM offered to jumble my characteristics since my patron was chaos personified. I thought it would be fun to fuck with my party by keeping the secret, since they already didn't trust my CE ass. The new body gave my character new motivation to break my pact, which was my character's true motivation. I got a DBZ Shenron-style wish after killing the BBEG and became a force of order to oppose my old patron, so in the end it all worked out.
>>
>>51111653
Eh, as long as you weren't the one who decided to change the gender of the character the fault really falls on the GM for doing it without giving you a way out. There's not really any way to fix that issue without cringe.
>>
File: Marcille stare.png (526KB, 571x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Marcille stare.png
526KB, 571x1110px
>>51111687
...I was the one who offered to go all out with it, so I technically was.
>>
>>51111191
Fuck yeah. Let's hope this go at an artificer is better than the last attempt.
>>
>>51111580
I think fog cloud once a day (fog of dust), more as you level, or maybe feather fall as you said, would be great thematic spell choices.

That picture is totally shadar-kai though, the whips'n'chains shadowfell humanoids.
I would stat THEM as
+2 Dex, +1 Int,
Medium, human sizes
30ft speed
Darkvision
Weapon Proficiency: Whips, Nets
Armour proficiency: Leather
One free cast of Misty Step per long rest
+2 to death saving throws
>>
>>51109936
CG dragón born paladín of kord. In the monastery he was trained they workout instead of praying. He is a goodhearted fella, that appriciate strength in people and knows that there is more than phisical strength
>>
>>51112044
>+2 to death saving throws
Death throws are supposed to be a coin toss. Nobody else gets a bonus to them; not necromancers, not undying warlocks, no one.

I would suggest instead the Half-Orc thing, where if you get reduced to 0 hp you can instead be reduced to 1 hp.
>>
>>51112715
Cloak of Protection gives a bonus to death throws.
>>
>>51112775
Didn't know that, cool. But magic items are different from classes, and definitely different from races.
>>
>>51112715
Paladin's aura of protection gives a bonus to death saving throws.
>>
>>51112775
>>51112944

Not that guy, but you got a source on this?
>>
NEW UA OUT

>>
>>51113028
Sure do! DMG159

CLOAK OF PROTECTION
Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement)
You gain a +1 bonus to AC and saving throws while you wear this cloak.
>>
>>51112944
Okay, at this point I've kinda basically been proven wrong, so I'm gonna keep moving the goalposts.

Are there any other <i>races</i> that give a bonus to death saves?
>>
Come on, move over to the other thread already

>>51113028
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/06/05/if-an-effect-gives-disadvantage-to-all-saving-throws-would-this-include-death-saves/

>>51113192
Eh, not that I can remember.
>>
>>51113265
Link to other thread?
>>
>>51113265

Thanks.
>>
>>51109916
yeah we know already it's the Artificer

>>
>>51113290

>>51109088
>>
>>51113265
Poor Jeremy, having to repeat himself 4 fucking times.
>>
Does anyone have a tool to make medium and higher strength magic items? I have a tool for weak but That's it

>http://www.lordbyng.net/inspiration/results.php
>>
>>51113321
Is it just me or does the Gunsmith options seem underwhelming? The ranged attack seems fine, considering they have only 1 attack, but Blast Wave (9th level), Piercing Round (14th) and Explosive Round (17th) look like they do way too little damage for the level they get the ability.
>>
>>51113796
Artificers look like they're supposed to be utility focused rather than damage focused. So it'd make sense if their damage output was more like a cleric than a fighter. It looks to fall somewhere between those two.
>>
>>51113796
>2d6+9d9+DEX
What does this damage look like?
>>
>>51114289
>9d9
Dammit
>>
So I'm planning a heist to try and steal the Wyrmskull Throne, the only catch being that my very nice DMs have told me it will be nearly impossible as all the storm giants near it will try and kill me (I know the throne exists and appears at the end of the adventure, and requires the rod, but that's all I know). I may be able to get a Robe of Stars to assist me, so since the rules for being ethereal are much murkier this edition I have a few questions:

>Can you attune to an item from another plane of existence? I suspect no, but the rules don't specifically disallow it though Etherealness indicates that you will be unable to do so as you ignore the item.

>If you take an item with you into the ethereal plane, would that constitute being more than 100ft away for the purposes of breaking attunement?

>Do the borders of the planes that are abutted to the ethereal plane count as the ethereal plane where they overlap?

>can a part of my body occupy solid space when I return? I know my full body can't but, for example, could just my hand phase through something?

>>51114314

Roughly 50pts of damage statistically speaking.
>>
>>51114394

Also, when the robe of stars says "...you reappear in the last space you occupied" does that mean you appear on the material plane from the last place you were on the ethereal (e.g. simply reappear as per the spell Etherealness), or where you were standing when you activated the ability?
>>
>>51113393
There is a tool for that;it's called your imagination.
>>
>>51113321
>>51111191
>>51113163

Wow, this was unexpected. And pretty cool, actually.
>>
>>51109894
it's dragon-hunting kobold party
>>
>>51109822
>Latest news
OP is retarded
>>
>>51115042
haha my bad seems like I was just pretending guys
>>
>>51114394
>>51114426

Aaand it takes you to the astral plane, not the etheral one. Trickier but can still make the heist work.
>>
So i hear a lot of rumbling in these threads that Mystic is coming.
is that a for sure thing that Mearls said on twitter or something?
or is it speculation and Artificer shat on it?
>>
Kobold gunslinger or alchemist now that I got an all clear from my DM?
>>
>>51109936
Snakelike green dragonborn sorceress who sort of blundered into an investigation alongside a paladin and cleric into the cult activity of the Yellow King, while researching the connection she has to an elder snake deity on the side. Acts aloof and uninterested, but genuinely cares about the wellbeing of the rest of the party. Normally uses Disguise/Alter Self to appear as a human.
>>
>>51115438
Gunsmith. Little dudes need to make big booms.
>>
>>51115565
True. Now I've got to ask the DM if I can change lightning and thunder to fire damage to show his dragon obsession.
>>
>>51112264
Amulet that changes breath weapon to Str to set DC, adds Str to damage, and sets breath weapon damage to xd10, where x = proficiency bonus
>>
>>51115522
Wand that lets Alter Self last for full duration on you without needing to concentrate
>>
File: original.jpg (46KB, 309x400px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
46KB, 309x400px
>>51109936
Albino Lizardfolk Druid, homebrew campaign serving their God of Predation, Hunting, and basic aminalshits. And yeah, full evil party.
>>
>>51115727
A piercing that lets you benefit from your scales in wildshape form and lets you use your own Con modifier in place of the wildshape's if yours is higher.
>>
>>51109936
Well let's try my new one.

Kobold Gunslinger who was raised by Dwarves. Follows most of their beliefs and hopes to be a dragon hunter.
>>
File: Dirgesinger.jpg (69KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dirgesinger.jpg
69KB, 400x375px
I'm building a dirge-singer bard and I was wondering whether it's worth it to take chill touch via magic initiate or just go straight vicious mockery. I was also wondering what spells to take for my first magical secret. I was thinking going with Animate Dead and Spirit Guardians.
>>
>>51115783
No idea what a gunslinger does. I don't pay attention to anything besides official releases and UA.

First thought is a ring that gives you the paladin's Divine Sense, except it only picks up dragons and lets you add your proficiency bonus to damage dealt to dragons.
>>
>>51115833
Sorry meant the gunsmith artificer. Gotta try not to mix those up.
>>
File: file.png (868KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
868KB, 850x500px
Starting a campaign that is a bit spelljammey and is a crack setting full of various setting insides and Spelljammers flying around (still dont know rules, but players will start low, so theres time) And one of the players made an Aetherborn from Kaladesh. What race would be good to base the stats and abilities on? He knows the creature is short lived and is ok with it.
>>
>>51115761
That's actually not bad at all, do like.

First game was yesterday, by the way. Anyone want to hear about the shenanigans?
>>
>>51115880
probably tiefling, if only because of the stat bonuses and free spells
>>
>>51109936
Halfling swashbuckler rogue who had to flee from his village after assassinating the father of the woman he loved (because he didn't approve the relationship and killed his own daughter), leaving their child behind with his own parents. Trying to find his calling and to make the world a better place for his child.
>>
>>51115342
It's coming for sure. Artificer was just something outta nowhere.
>>
>>51115953
>psionics
>sci-fi
half of this thread has been people calling others who say this retarded
why have you not learned
>>
>>51109822
They should have released the mystic, now we have to wait to mid Feb at the earliest for it. Fucking hell.
>>
>>51115921
Would ask for info on the woman he loved. It would be some memento from her that had a relationship to her skills or something she liked. It would be part of a matching set that allows two-way telepathic communication in addition to the first thing.

If the other half of the pair is shared with someone, you get some ability like the other person has and they get some ability like you have, probably the Lucky racial.
>>
>>51115986
It originates from Sci-Fi but no longer is tied to it in any way, especially since they added bits about radiation from the Cthulhu Dimension. What's hard to understand about that statement?
>>
>>
>>51116075
>>
File: 1482531393481.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1482531393481.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51116075
That's not even the most recent update pre-Artificer
>>
>>51116067
>It originates from Sci-Fi
That part.
>>
>>51109936
Noble Human Barbarian. His house and bloodline has the tendency to fly into horrific rages, despite the foppishness they exude.

He's out and about in the world to discover the source of his family's innate bloodlust, whether it's truly the result of the once-indigenous people of the country cursing his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather as he explored (read: took over) their lands, or something different entirely. He's perfectly fine with anything, as long as he's the one that gets to discover it.
>>
>>51116000
That sounds neat. Reminds me of the trinket I rolled for him, "a silver earring made from a real tear"
>>
how do you deal with characters deaths? let them reroll, resurrect, or some original approach linked to the particular world you built?
>>
File: pontiffposting.png (644KB, 1306x892px) Image search: [Google]
pontiffposting.png
644KB, 1306x892px
>>51115888
I do, especially your team composition. Being evil opens up quite a bunch of possibilities for character creation.
I know a guy that's gonna launch an all-evil campaign myself and I might participate, so I would like to know how it is.
>>
>>51116188
A pair of cufflinks that grant you temporary hit points equal to Con modifier plus level when you go into a rage. Any remaining THP when your rage ends go away.
>>
>>51116188
>>51116336
Also something like: When you take damage, you can use your reaction to start your rage.
>>
>>51109936
Hill dwarf monster hunter fighter, a witch hunter zealot.
>>
I want to multiclass my Way of the open hand Monk with a cleric. I'm at level 5, and have rough like enough XP for 6.

Our dwarf cleric hasn't shown up for a month, and I already have points in wisdom. First time player, so I'm not sure if this is a bad idea or not.
I also want some more offensive/def crowd control stuff, as right now I just go around trying to stun everything but don't hit as hard as our Paladin
>>
>>51116427
A weapon that grants you the Martial Adept feat, and when you reduce an aberration, fey, fiend, or undead to 0 hit points, you regain an expended superiority die.
>>
>>51116328
There is no one more evil than Sulyvahn
>>
>>51116292
Just kill them off and dont envite them anymore until the next campaign. In my games there is no room for losers
>>
>>51109936
A very posh elven barbarian. Outcast from his noble house after breaking a priceless vase, passed down in the family from the Dawn Age, he now travels the world, trying to learn anger management so he can return in triumph.
>>
I didn't expect it, but wizards has put out another completely awesome UA. I can bring the total up to 2 with the artificer.
>>
HELP NEEDED

How would you make a race based on Earthworm Jim? I want to be a giant Worm with a person face and I thought instead of a Super Space Suit he could just pilot corpses after eating the heads that slowly converts itself into the body the worm sees itself having. Or just crafted bodies made of plant matter, mud, and worm slime that Psionicly resonate to each worm who instinctively knows how to craft a body. If the sustain enough damage their body is destroyed and assuming they escape potentially, at 0 HP so only half actions. Then when back to at least 1 HP they can spend a week either crafting a new body out of mundane materials or converting a new body. If no materials/bodies are avaliable they can still do things like cast basic Cantrips and make Worm Based attacks like bites and tail whips, or be used as a decent Club/Flail/Whip by other PCs, and scouting in small worm form.
>>
>>51116512
That's pretty harsh desu.
>>
>>51116529
What the fuck?
>>
>>51116492
That's extremely good, if not a bit broken.
>>
>>51116515
A weapon that acts as a focus that allows him to cast his racial cantrip while raging if he's a high elf.

If he's a wood elf, a mithral longsword that deals 1d10 damage regardless of whether it's held in one hand or two with the throwing property. It returns to the elf's hand immediately after it is thrown. The throw range is 60 feet with no long range increment.
>>
>>51116533
No room for pussies neather
>>
>>51116551
I'm thinking of most of these on the fly, but that one is similar to an item I have actually given to a player I DMed for. I didn't think it was broken and the character made it to level 14.
>>
>>51116556
High elf indeed, in our setting wood elves are savages. One is the perfect fit for "elven wizard", the other for "elven barbarian", but my party has the racial roles reversed.
>>
File: pontiff pose.jpg (838KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pontiff pose.jpg
838KB, 1920x1080px
>>51116504
Would he be a Treachery Paladin or an Eldritch Knight?
>>
>>51116578
Well, it's really good against large/medium numbers of creatures of that type.
>>
I'm in need of names for a mainly Tabaxi crewed pirate ship. A few threads ago got a few good ones, Yarrrnball, while not going to be the PC ship, will be fought against at some point in the campaign.

The culture of the land the ship originates in is Semi-Egyptian, semi-Meereenese/ Yunkai. It's captain is a huge, Lion looking Tabaxi.

I have so far; The Golden King. The Roaring Death. Saber. Swift Blade.
>>
>>51116595
The weapon would probably be one of the elven racial weapons, so you might not use it all the time. But when you decide you need to cleave with Green-Flame Blade, it will be pretty good.

>>51116629
The one I gave the Monster Hunter I DMed for returned an expended superiority die once per turn when it reduced any creature to 0 hit points or when it critically hit, and it critically hit on a 19 or 20. The one I posted here was meant to be situational since my own games are well above standard power.
>>
Artificers make pretty good intelligence based thieves.
>>
>>51116680
His cantrip is actually Prestidigitation, because he has a ring that lets him cast a bunch of spells at will with a morning recharge. Booming Blade seemed good enough for me, it's a bit more controlly, which works since the bard loves helping me scare mooks into fleeing.
>>
>>51116729
Well then enjoy flying into a frothing rage and making your enemy's drink taste like rancid milk.
>>
Hmmm. The Artificer's Thunder cannon doesn't have a weight, the satchels and shit feel fine without one but I guess I can just use a heavy crossbows weight.
>>
>>51116764
Does it matter? No one sane uses encumberance rules. I obsessively track my inventory, rations, even ammuntion for bows and javelins, but I give precisely zero fucks about how much anything weighs.
>>
wasn't a new UA supposed to be out yesterday?
>>
>>51116810
>not reading the thread
>>
>>51116810
Today is Monday, comrade. It arrived precisely when it meant to. It's the Artificer.
>>
>>51116810
A new us is out today. For some reason, it's listed below the paladin, instead of in the spot where new stuff is.
>>
>>51116784
See my group keeps track with the variant rule that heavily reduces the gear you can carry.

We prefer gritty realistic rules with it but that's just personal preference.
>>
>>51116784
When I joined the group I'm in now, GM sent me a Skype message the evening before reminding me to tally up the weight of my stuff since they did use encumbrance rules.

It's yet to be brought up. Our death cleric carries around several dozen skeletons in his Bag of Holding, but it has yet to burst.
>>
I'm thinking up a backstory of a recluse librarian turned wizard and I can't think of how he would learn his magic skills to begin with and be level 3 before he left his town to go adventuring. I was thinking of having him discover a spell book and start studying it or maybe a trader came by and he bought it with his life savings or something. Anyone else have any advice?
>>
>>51116870
Studied hard and the town library had Wizard duel tournament once a year. He won it a couple of times.
>>
>>51116870
>librarian
Easy peasy. Several summers ago, a wizard of no real prestige was passing through, and, needing a map of the area, went into the library to find one he could copy. As he sat in the candlelight, scribbling down the names of the various farmsteads and holdfasts, he clutched at his heart, and collapsed, dead. He's discovered in the morning, and carried out, everything at the desk stocked into the shelves.
Including his spellbook.
Last night, the crotchety library foreman demanded you stay for unpaid overtime, sorting the shelves in the eastern wing. While you do this, you notice a unmarked tome, thick with dust, laying on top of a shelf.
>>
>>51116115
How do you play D&D with such poor reading comprehension?
>>
>>51116947
...did you link to the right person? I posted that before I saw the artificer update one.
>>
>>51116115
I'll even add the difference in the document title since reading file names is hard.
>>
>>51116934
You're shit at this. You can't just learn to be a wizard from studying another wizard's spellbook, the spells would just be gibberish to you. And libraries don't have foremen, only your crappy coal mine does.
>>
>>51116934
That backstory is comfy as fuck.
>>
File: insertrifleinmouth.gif (1MB, 230x173px) Image search: [Google]
insertrifleinmouth.gif
1MB, 230x173px
>tfw you get to use Evasion in full plate for the first time and your party members try to rationalize why this shouldn't work and you really do need to take that 26 acid damage
>>
>>51116991
I've been posting 2 version, one that is just officially printed material and the other is everything.
>>
>>51109936
A Golden Dragon ancestry Half-Elf Draconic Sorcerer who wants to find out who in his family fucked a dragon and why.
>>
>>51117025
I'm the anon he responded to, the backstory doesn't seem too bad. Since the wizard wasn't too powerful, I'd imagine he'd still have notes on the basics of spellcasting and all that.
>>
>>51109936
Human Dragon Ancestry Sorcerer. She's short, very grumpy and poor with people beyond scaring them with magic, and has a fear of being touched by all but the people they trust the absolute most. Slow to gain the trust of, but will bend over backwards for people they do. Carries three daggers with them, one of which was a gift from a friend.

They're trying to track down where exactly their adopted parent and sister vanished to, what happened, and how to fix it.
>>
>>51109936
Reclusive human librarian turned wizard. Dedicates himself to creating the first compendium of monsters to arm the world with knowledge.
>>
>>51117025
>>51117070
No, you're right. This is suspending a fairly minor game rule to make a more interesting story. But fine, last month you discovered the tome, and realised that the arcane symbols inside meant it could only be a spellbook. You tucked it into your robes and carried on. Over the following days, you've read through all the seven or so books your library has on magic, and feel that your Arcana skill is now ready to take on the task of trying magic. You head into the forest after you punch out from your shift, the foreman glowering at you and planning layoffs, and settle down in a calm glen where you're sure that if you accidentally cause an explosion, at least nobody but you will be hurt. You've managed to cast a few cantrips and memorised a few of the more complex spells in the book when you hear the rustle of ringmail, and your future party appears on the path.

I don't know, I like backstories where you get cast into adventure despite not being quite ready for it yet.
>>
>>51117159
>punch out from your shift
>library foreman
Is this Eberron?
>>
>>51117068
Really though, if you want to make sure your bloodline becomes famous, fucking a dragon is a pretty good bet. Your kids will get some extra AC, which will help them survive to adulthood, and after a few generations your family will suddenly have a bunch of powerful sorcerers.
>>
File: tumblr_o1bpqdcbYj1rnfnbto1_1280.png (388KB, 803x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1bpqdcbYj1rnfnbto1_1280.png
388KB, 803x1000px
>>51109936
A Kobold Rouge Thief that runs a magic item curio shop in her home town. Kind and caring, her big heart often gets her swept up in others needs and that combined with her constant look out for items to stock her shop with makes for many impromptu adventure
>>
>>51116726
What exactly makes them good thieves? The speed potion?
>>
>>51109936
Human, Monk. Former conscripted soldier, went into a life of seclusion and spiritual contemplation after the war was over. Finally decided he'd had enough of living dirt poor up in the mountains, took up adventuring to make money.
>>
File: 1477669872072.png (828KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477669872072.png
828KB, 640x720px
>artificers can make their level 6 robot look however they like
>make it into a tank chassis
>ride it
>mount thundercannon
>bask in all the different abilities such as a 30ft radius explosive round you can fire every turn at level 17, mowing down shit in your artillery vehicle
>>
Is there any reason to get Int as a Gunsmith? Most of their spells are utility and Thunder Cannon uses Dex
>>
>>51117031
Screw those fuckers.
Full plate is literally a +1 AC, requires multiclassing if you're a rogue/monk, imposes problems on monks and means a rogue needs 15 strength which is kind of suboptimal compared to dexterity. Not to mention, all the other problems with wearing plate armour over studded leather with 20 dex.

You're a
>>
>>51117437
>>51117031
Accidentally sent early.

'You're a fucking stronk rogue who can dodge even in heavy armour due to their uncanny strength'.
>>
File: Mastiff.jpg (57KB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
Mastiff.jpg
57KB, 450x348px
Is buying a Mastiff even worth the 25 gold for the early levels? I think it will be handy but it seems like it will get one shot by a stray arrow. What is the use of these dogs?
>>
>>51117473
Finding shit.
>>
>>51117453
>>51117437
I'm actually a Monk
>>
>>51117473
belly rubs
>>
>>51117473
It can prone enemies regardless of their size.
It can prone an ancient black dragon if it rolls a 1 or 2 on the save.
>>
>>51117473
Any shot aimed at your dog is something not hitting and killing you
>>
File: Photo(959).gif (2MB, 636x265px) Image search: [Google]
Photo(959).gif
2MB, 636x265px
>>51117418
C'mon, we all know where this is going.
>>
>>51117499
Yeah, well, they can shut up then. If they're angry at a monk ever having useful abilities they can go off themself.
>>
>>51117434
The save DC for the special shots uses INT
>>
>>51110054
Party doing crazy mercenary shit in an ancient prison-turned-city, soon to be under siege by undead led by a rogue demigoddess.
>>
>>51117434
I think that's the intention. You're more of a shooter than an int guy, but you should definitely consider making int your second highest stat.
>>
What's the best minion class?
>>
>>51117473
If you're a small race it's nice to have a smart mount.

Otherwise it's nice for sniffing out shit. And being a doggo.
>>
>>51117581
Artificer.

If you want lots of minions, just ask your DM if you can buy hirelings. He'll either say 'no' because you're trying to fuck over combat or it's too fiddley, say 'yes' and have it so hirelings are real people with actual feelings or say 'yes' and you can have a fucking kingdom of hirelings all ready to sacrifice themself at your feet.
>>
>>51116669
The Emperor's Pride.
>>
>>51115608
Probably something worth writing in Playtest feedback. Allowing for two options between fire and thunder when the gun is first made and then opting for the lightning option later to be Lightning Ice or Acid perhaps?

Or tie it to the ammunition?
>>
>>51110054
A man from outer space is conquering all the (medieval) nations of the world with his mysterious robot army. This has really pissed off the Moon People for some reason, but they're not in any position to stop him.

Our Paladin legally married a particle accelerator.
>>
>>51117581
Druid for conjuring creatures
Revised ranger for constant companion
Necromancer if your DM is ok with it.
>>
>>51117499
>>51117453
>>51117437
>>51117031
Stop perpetuating the myth that you can't move in plate armour. It's actually easier than in mail or leather because it's mounted to a harness that distributes the weight evenly over your body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm11yAXeegg
>>
>>51117703
next you're gonna tell me you can mount a horse, swim, sleep in plate, or even wear it on a sunny day without melting
>>
File: 1441528666824.jpg (81KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1441528666824.jpg
81KB, 707x1131px
>>51109936
Human bard. His wife worked for the local nobleman as a maid, and he worked as a music tutor for the nobleman's sons. However, the nobleman's son refused to practice, and one session the bard struck him in fury. The bard could have lawfully been executed for this, but he managed to successfully plead his life. As conditions, the nobleman instead had him fired and publicly humiliated, and had his wife and infant daughter held as indentured servants for ransom.

Unemployable locally because of his humiliation and anxious to see his family again, he dusted off his sword and turned to the quick and dangerous life of adventuring in hopes of finding enough treasure to free them as quickly as possible.
>>
>>51117703
The deal is that an ordinary person could not completely evade an attack that nobody else could evade on time.
However, I feel that it's rightfully possible if you meet the strength requirement of 15, which completely negates the movement penalty. 15 strength is pretty damn strong in real life terms. I might be doubtful otherwise.
>>
Can I have a shield and a hand crossbow in the same hand?
>>
>>51117877
No.
>>
>>51117877
No
>>
>>51117877
A buckler but you lose the bonus
>>
>>51117518
This. A dog is cheaper than a healing potion, and potentially reusable if you can stabilize it.

The main difficulty with buying animals is that the DM can and probably will restrict their capabilities or willingness to help, otherwise animals become too good.
>>
File: 1474392173408.jpg (270KB, 724x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474392173408.jpg
270KB, 724x1000px
>>51110054
Spelljammer-inspired high level campaign. Given Hercules-inspired tasks by gods of the space campaign to help people and spread their fortune.

So far, fought Velociraptor-riding Wild Hunt on a planet wide Jurassic Park.Solved a murder mystery at a high level Auction involving a genie, Githyanki commander and a vampire. Currently trying to stop two separate armies of Slaad and Thri-Kreen from using a wild west frontier town as their battleground by staging a car race.
>>
>>51117925
>why use an action to feed your allies a healing potion reactively when you can proactively attach a dog to their chest
>>
>>51117917
This would break action economy because you could drop the hand crossbow and immediately gain benefits of a shield.

>>51117473
Action economy.

Buy a hundred mastiffs with your family fortunes.

>>51117877
You cannot hold something in the hand you're holding a shield with. The only way you might maybe get away with this is if you're holding a shield with a strap and you temporairly let go of the main hold to get a rather awkward attempt of holding an item, but you would not be able to use the item very effectively, so even in that case it's at best an out of combat thing.
>>
>>51117965
>not being a bear goliath barbarian with dog armour

Reminds me of rope armour for pathfinder or whatever shit that was the third edition.
>>
>>51117964
What sort of rules do you use for vehicles and ships?
>>
>>51117993
>every bit of shield art for 5E is of the forearm-strapped variety
>it takes an action to don and doff them, also backing up the notion that they are strapped
>but we can't use hands
>>
Going to finally play a different game of D&D this weekend at the local FLGS. A buddy of mine and I have decided to play as a dragonborn and a kobold for the 'kobold sorta worships a sort of dragon' shenanigans. He's thinking of playing the kobold Dragon sorcerer (probably something neutral or evil), and I'm not sure what exactly I should play. Any advice? I am perfectly willing to be suboptimal.
>>
Thoughts regarding Artificer.

1. Gunsmith seems an odd choice for one of the first subclasses, seems interesting and solid though.

2. Curious why they didn't start off with a Wand Adept, a subclass to specialize in wand and charge/recharge item usage. Would be interesting.

3. What about a subclasses focusing on the Mechanical Servant and expanding it. A construct focused subclass.

4. Would a race specific subclass, not unlike Bladesinger and Battlerager, for Warforged Artificers work in this edition?
>>
>>51118012
Are you trying to say you should be effectively able to use a strapped shield and sword on the same arm?
We've been over this, anon. 5e got rid of tha problem.

The artists aren't 100% sure of what they're doing and the action to don/doff them is honestly more for balance reasons to avoid weaponjuggling than anything.
>>
>>51118009
Spelljammer rules for the ships; http://www.spelljammer.org/rules/simpleSTS.html

We haven't really used ship combat, mostly just ground combat. Race is coming up next session so I'm going to have to find rules for that.
>>
>>51118075
I'm saying it's reasonable for someone who is sword and boarding to be able to interact with an object (drinking a potion, fucking around with a door, dragging an ally) by either using their shield hand, or, if the shield's bulk prevents that, transferring their weapon to the shield hand in order to have a free hand to manipulate stuff, then passing it back for free.
>>
Which class is the most fun?
>>
>>51117917
>>51117993
What if I got like a Berserk arm Crossbow made for my man and put it on my sword arm with Crossbow expert feat?
>>
>>51118057
2. Wands are too overly specific.

1. Guns are something that have been around but not very well implemented, and it's suitable for an 'engineer' type person. It's definitely a thing that was wanted, aside from Matt Mercer's attempt.

3. Maybe if they had a third class archetype. Though, the thing is a level 6 feature and archetypes are always level 1 to 3 features. If there was one of this archetype it'd likely be to make the construct deal 1d6 extra damage at various levels or such. Actually, it'd probably also toughen them up.. Yes, this could definitely be a thing, maybe a more 'engineer' focused one.

4. People would probably apply it to others anyway. Warforged is a bit of a controversial UA class, I think. Its main feature is just +1 AC and some say it lacks flavourful abilities to reflect the machine nature of them. Also, I seem to recall their stats kept them quite limited in class choice, but I can't quite remember. Didn't it have strength?
>>
>>51118124
There isn't an objective answer to that, anon. What do you find fun, mechanically, when you're roleplaying? If you can answer that, we can help you.
>>
>>51118115
Well, yes. That's what I meant by 'out of combat' stuff. You wouldn't do surgery or combat with that hand unless you're crazy, but if you're not under pressure you can easily leave it on your forearm while you do things.
If it's on your upper arm then it may as well effectively be part of your armour.

>>51118125
By RAW, no, because errata says you need a hand free to load it.
>>
>>51109822
>https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/artificer

<autism>
Holy shit, I want this meme "high fantasy" shit to end
</autism>
>>
>>51118181
But every D&D setting is high fantasy??
>>
>>51117792
Mount a horse, absolutely. Swim in it would be dumb, it's easy to drown in even if you technically can. Moving around in it might push water into your gorget and up into your helmet like a pump. Gasp in at the same time, your lungs get some water splashed in them, you cough, get more water into the helmet, and so on. Sleep in it wouldn't be comfortable, and it would get very warm on a sunny day.
But wear it into a fight without being practically unable to move? Of course! It's literally designed to do that!
>>51117825
Like I said before, it's actually easier to move in plate than in, say, leather or mail. Leather is boiled stiff, and pretty heavy to boot. I actually have worn a mail hauberk, it feels like you're walking on Jupiter, you feel super heavy and it absolutely slows you down.
But in the game, both are easier to move in than Plate, which is mounted on a harness for comfort, which comes with padding for safety, which is lighter than you'd imagine because steel is a lot sturdier than iron or cloth so you can get away with using a lot less of it, and which is lobstered and hinged to let you move with as little impairment as possible. Knights were fast, strong, and almost invulnerable, because plate was just that good.
>>
>>51118181
Being aware of and choosing to highlight your awareness of your autism doesn't make it more acceptable to post, anon.
>>
>>51118201
Particularly hard leather armour might come under 'medium' as a bit better than hide or at hide armour's level.

If it's just a chain shirt or something, though, you only have to deal with the weight up there. You don't have full body armour that limits your arm movement or your field of vision much.

You can have very heavy chain armour and very light chain armour. You can always stat it a bit differently, but.. Studded leather only provides a +2 AC bonus over wearing nothing at all, so we can probably say it's not an awfully heavy armour, it's probably designed in some way for the type that wants minimal levels of armour. It'd likely be a vest that doesn't even go over the shoulders, maybe some bracers or such.

Still, you could say that if you wanted super realism you'd have them wear a breastplate instead, but... I guess in this world there's some weird synergy with dexterity and non-metal stuff. I think people prefer to imagine that super fast people don't need metal armour.
>>
File: Arisha2.png (3KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
Arisha2.png
3KB, 70x70px
>>51117105
>>51109936
Oh, and here's an image that some gracious anon here in these threads made for me.
>>
>>51118181
Simply think of the character as brilliant scientists who abuse magic to make wonderful contraptions and it's suddenly about medium levels of fantasy.

>>51118197
5e is not high fantasy, though it can be. It's more around mid-fantasy unless your DM overdoes things.
>>
>>51118295
Yeah, it's just a sore subject for me because I'm a nerd for old suits of armour.
My table just fluffs that our armour looks light, medium or heavy depending on the category, but that the specific type is only important for the stats on it, with what it really looks like being up to imagination. So my bard wears a glamored "breastplate", and the party rogue has a magically muffled mail shirt with studded leather stats.
>>
>>51118350
The only problem is if your DM starts throwing rustmonsters at you.
>>
>>51109894
>>51115017
It's kobold dragon-hunting party
I've only been away for a week and you guys already fuck the meem up
thanks for using it anyway
>>
I'm a tiefling warlock with the Haunted One background. As part of the background, I get a "gothic trinket" of special importance. Anyone got some suggestions? My patron is the devil who possessed me as a child, and he's only been partially exorcised.
>>
>>51118444
A music box that screams CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING
>>
>>51118329
You don't appear to know what "high fantasy" means.
>>
>>51117638
I like that. That's a top-of-the-lister right there.
>>
>be artificer
>+6 to saving throws
that's like advantage stacked twice
nice capstone
>>
>>51115927
Definitely not next week, at least. It was confirmed that Ranger is up next for UA on the 16th, despite the attention with the rewrite. I was under the impression that they might skip it because of that.
But yeah, they've previously said that even when Mystic is near-final they want to do one more go at UA just to be sure. It'll be good to see how that's ended up.
>>
>>51118444
Pocket Watch?
Snuff box?
A decorative coin?
>>
>>51118532
>implying you will ever get to level 20
>Implying you will ever have six magic items attuned
>>
>>51118532
Still not as good as a 6 paladin/14 monk with 20 CHA that gets +11 to every saving throw.
>>
>>51118484
Is there any official definition to define it away from mid-fantasy?
I wouldn't call a world high fantasy unless people are doing anime-tier bullshit or the world has appropriately adapted to magic (People use magic on an everyday basis for things such as lightning the streets).

By default, 5e doesn't encourage this at all. Adventurers are unusual, so most people in the world won't have access to magic. Even then, it's very hard to make magic permanent, so it's hard to create magic items or set up permanent teleportation rings or any of that. You don't get any super fantastical abilities until later, either - it's very hard to gain outright immunity to a damage type until later on, for example.

I'd say D&D in the last decade before 5e was probably high fantasy in general, however.
>>
>>51118444
An ornate necklace decorated with your baby teeth, which were the only thing keeping you from being completely consumed by the devil as a child

maximum ed-G
>>
>>51118595
You are somehow conflating high- and low-magic (or tech) settings with fantasy in general. High fantasy is just "unrealistic"; not like the real time period your story is operating in. Literally the moment you add magic, you've become high fantasy.
>>
>>51118444
>I get a "gothic trinket" of special importance
>devil who possessed me as a child
https://www.google.com/search?q=creepy+vintage+doll&biw=875&bih=662&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWmtqft7bRAhVoqlQKHVNSBt0Q_AUIBigB
>>
>>51118617
A Song of Ice and Fire is high fantasy, and the most impressive show of magic so far is a really tall wall of ice. High Fantasy doesn't mean Magic Everywhere.
>>
If I can change my list of prepared spells after a long rest, how does anyone even keep track? I'd just say the (however many spells I'm able to prepare at that point) once I'm engaged in something, but only after the encounter has started. Makes no sense to do so right after the long rest
>>
>>51118656
Yeah that's what i said on the off chance you're arguing otherwise
>>
>>51118667
Are you saying you're gonna cheat and pull a fast one over on your DM, Anon?
>>
>>51118617
>if you add magic, it becomes high fantasy
Then why would low fantasy exists?

D&D usually takes place in mock-medieval worlds where peasants plough the lands, cities are built of stone, wood and brick and monsters are not often seen (else all the peasants would be dead). Magic is added, but rarely envelops the whole world so that the biggest capital city is made of a single type of brick manufactured en-masse by magic-enhanced machinery technology and each small village would likely have someone who could cast spells.

It sounds like this is just warring over opinions on how to define high/mid/low fantasy, however. The original poster's comment on artificers being high fantasy likely aligns with my opinion that high fantasy is where adventurers can make permanent magical things quite easily that aren't just teleportation rings. I.e. magical items. Thus, you'd expect a grand human city (not fairy city or something) to have things such as magical lighting in the streets with magic integrated into everyday life due to prevalence of magical items.
>>
>>51118727
That's what I'm saying, Anon. You are thinking "low magic" and "high magic" settings but saying "low fantasy" and "high fantasy". That's wrong. High fantasy = not like reality; low fantasy = like reality. Any amount of magic, high or low, makes it a high fantasy setting. A low fantasy setting is just dudes with swords bonking away on each other, no dragons or ancient robots or anything.
>>
>>51118481
>>51118599
>>51118643
It's Curse of Strahd, I'd be surprised if this is the cringiest edge brought to the table.
>>51118564
I like the snuff box. Inside it, I keep a rusted old key.

For the record, some examples from the Gothic Items list in the document is "A winter coat you stole from a dying soldier", "A black executioner's hood" and "A necklace belonging to a sibling who died the same day you were born".
>>
>>51118667
>how does anyone even keep track?
You write them down genius
>>
>>51118718
No, no. I'm just saying.

If I'm taking 1 level into Cleric and have 4 possible 1st levels to choose from, I can't possibly choose only 4 from the possible 15 at the start of the day when I don't know what's going to happen. It seems reasonable that once things are going I can lock in my available spells as long as I don't change them after the fact
>>
>>51118781

No.
>>
>>51118747
Then why don't you say 'mid fantasy doesn't exist, it's either fantasy or no fantasy'? Because it seems you're doing it in a very black-and-white way here.

Then again, looking up the definitions, it seems a popular definition by some guy as by wikipedia (Groan) is basically:
High fantasy - It takes place in a secondary world.
Low fantasy - it takes place in our world at some point in time.

At least by how wikipedia's defining it, D&D would be either low fantasy if your DM pretty much uses a medieval world with 5e magic and adventuring and all that or high fantasy if it's a completely different world, even if there's no magic.

You see, there's no point arguing all of this. I don't think there's any solid opinion, and you're arguing on a context where there is no 'mid' fantasy, whereas I'm talking about a spectrum where high fantasy is where you get crazy wuxia shenangians that keep getting posted and low fantasy is a rather grimdark 'magic is scarce, but around' approach.
>>
>>51118781
>I can't possibly choose only 4 from the possible 15 at the start of the day when I don't know what's going to happen
That's exactly what you have to do, Anon.

And it's easy. Cure Wounds, Bless, Command, and Guiding Bolt.
Remember that cantrips don't count against your memorization. You have all cantrips you know memorized/prepared, always.
>>
>>51118838
It's not fantasy vs. non-fantasy. Anything different from reality is fantasy, but it doesn't become high fantasy until it's unrealistically different.

Mid-fantasy would be a realistic fantasy setting with lindwurms (wingless dragons). Were dinosaurs running around in Europe at the time? Probably not. But we did have dinosaurs at some point so they're not really unrealistic.
>>
>>51118862

Inflict Wounds if you're going melee
>>
File: Preparing Cleric Spells.png (80KB, 477x98px) Image search: [Google]
Preparing Cleric Spells.png
80KB, 477x98px
>>51118781
Now, it really depends on how your DM interprets things: immediately after a long rest; or once, at some point after a long rest?
I think either makes sense, frankly: the meditation time is a downside in exchange for that flexibility. I might allow it at my table (but good luck having the leisure time to speak to your god by the time you know just what would help)

Long story short: ask your DM and know that most people will disagree.
>>
>>51118916
>doing necrotic damage in front of your party
YOU FOOL
>>
File: 187806-earthwormjim.jpg (21KB, 290x400px) Image search: [Google]
187806-earthwormjim.jpg
21KB, 290x400px
>>51116529
>Using bodies instead of armor

+2 DEX, +1 STR
Alignment: Puppet Worms tend to be mostly focused on surviving and dirt, therefore most worms are True Neutral
Size: Small in the wild, though those that inhabit armors swell to fit the armor they reside in over a period of time
Speed:Your base speed is 25 feet
Tremorsense: You are a creature of the ground. You can detect and pinpoint the origin of vibrations within 30ft, provided that the monster and the source of the vibrations are in contact with the same ground or substance. Tremorsense can't be used to detect flying or incorporeal creatures.

Inhabitor: You can develop a bond with an object that can contain things by living within it for a week. After spending 7 days sleeping within a container, set of clothes, armor, ect the object is under your control as though it was animated under the Animate Object spell. You can only animate one container object at a time (sets of clothes or armor count as a single object for this ability). The object is permanently under your control in this fashion until you bond with another object.

Whip of the Worm: You can use your long tendrils to attack your enemies. As a special attack action you can whip a creature with your tendril, dealing 1d6 slashing damage. This attack has a range of 10ft, and uses Dexterity as it's attacking stat. You are proficient.

GROOVY: At 3rd level you can cast the Jump spell on yourself once per short rest. At 5th level you can cast Enlarge/reduce on yourself once per long rest.

Languages: You speak Common, but only in short, often repeated words and phrases.

This was actually a lot more fun to make then I thought. Miss that game a bit...
>>
>>51118941
>Dear God,
>Thank you for all your wonderful magical gifts, first off. You are the best. I love how you do that thing specific to your domain. Everyone really needs that. I promise to spread your word and do your will.
>Please bless mommy and daddy and my party members and also everyone else.
>As for my spells today, please give me... well, nevermind, I'll figure that out in the heat of the moment when a goblin drops outta nowhere and tries to shank me in the gut.
>In your most beneficent name,
>Amen
>>
>>51118444
>a small mirror that shows a much older version of the viewer (or maybe shows your patron when you're looking at it)
>porcelain doll’s head that always seems to be
looking at you
>a cameo with the profile’s face scratched away
>>
File: Cloak of Wisdom.png (288KB, 811x572px) Image search: [Google]
Cloak of Wisdom.png
288KB, 811x572px
>>51118976
>>
>>51118916
If I'm a monk attacking unarmed, why wouldn't I also add the dice from my martial arts feature when doing this?
Is there anything that says specifically that I can't?
>>
Alright how the fuck does it make sense for them to get thieve's tools+ 2 others instead of tinkerer's tools and others?

Is Wizards high?
>>
>>51119086
Because you're not punching someone, you're just zapping spoopy necromantic energy out of your hands at a guy. If it was meant to do melee damage on top of it, non-Monks would be adding their 1+STR also.
>>
File: Pack mule.jpg (536KB, 1486x1245px) Image search: [Google]
Pack mule.jpg
536KB, 1486x1245px
With the Artificer released, does anyone else feel how front-loaded, even above the other classes, it seems to be? I know 5e as a whole keeps a good number of its feature right at the first few levels, but holy smokes can you do a lot with one or two levels.
>>
>>51119120

Artificers, I mean.
>>
>>51119120
>be an alchemist
>somehow capable of tinkering
??????????
>>
>>51119120
thieves tools are useful in dungeons, and you get other tools proficiencies too
>>
>>51110054
Because I ran Curse of Strahd last year, our current DM has set our secondary group's campaign in the aftermath of Strahd's death. Different factions are vying for Barovia, and we're the unlucky adventurer's stuck in the middle. The paladin is easily led to temptation and keeps falling victim for the dick DM's cursed magic items, I'm the thief who stabbed a recently reanimated Sergei Von Zarovich in the ankle and almost died because of it, and the monk is the only one who's holding her shit together and hasn't done anything inherently chaotic. Because I can't avoid metagaming, the DM gave me a journal written by an NPC who followed the last group of adventurers, (the ones I DM'd for), explaining my familiarity with the mechanics and politics of Ravenloft.
>>
>>51119131
It's front-loaded the same way Cleric has to be. You being an Alchemist or a Gunsmith is an intrinsic part of the character. There's nothing else to your combat capabilities as an Artificer besides EITHER shooting guns OR throwing potions.

>well I used to fight with this rapier / crossbow but then I figured out how to make a gun / alchemist's fire so here I am
The archetypes are vastly different and create the entire playstyle, they do not just slightly modify it like other class archetypes.
>>
>>51119146
You need to be able to maintenance your alembics, anon.
>>
>>51119124
As most melee fighters won't be doing much dmg unarmed, this seems really awesome.
It's kind of like Monk's quivering palm, only you can actually use it in a campaign that hasn't been going on for over a year
>>
>>51119120
An alchemist might not be good at tinkering. Their construct might actually be a fleshy construct as the result of alchemy.

They're adventurers, so naturally they'd have thieves' tools if they have to use tools a lot.
It also encourages players to have at least one generally useful tool proficiency instead of some crazy players taking masonry, baking and glassblowing.
Thieves' tools are almost a non-option really, and we don't need non-options.
>>
>>51119210
>Their construct might actually be a fleshy construct as the result of alchemy.
I thought it was clockwork
>>
>>51119210
It doesn't say shit about clockwork or metal, only "mechanical". But humans are also mechanical.
>>
>>51119131
It's about as front-loaded as any other class, especially casters.

1st level - two ritual spells, and a big gun (not that useful for any extra attack classes so only useful for rogues) or three cantrip-style abilities that don't scale with character level.
2nd level - expertise in three tools (which is strong but you can get more use out of the expertise from rogue 1) and a single magic item, which is great but limited in scope.
3rd level - limited spellcasting abilities, and a non-Attack action attack with a bit more damage or another cantrip-esque ability.

Honestly this seems already well-tuned for multiclassing, more so than the previous mystic takes were.
>>
>>51119246
meant for >>51119231
>>
>>51119210
Hey, I took mason's tool proficiency and it came in handy when I tried to chisel a key out of a cobblestone to break into a dwarf's house.
>>
I want to be Alchemist using sword and board... Like a stylish bomber SnS in Monster Hunter.

But no shield proficiency make me sad..
>>
File: 1483748392931.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483748392931.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51119146
>>51119156
>>51119210

Oh my God. What the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>51118781
>>51118862
>>51118916
Bless, Command, and Cure Wounds really are the three spells you're almost always guaranteed to take. The last slot is pretty flexible, but I think Guiding Bolt or Inflict Wounds are the most likely spells to fill it.

See, spellcaster flexibility is useful because if you're clever, you'll pay attention and do your research. You'll see if you can garner any hints into information about where you're going. See if there's hints about the type of disappearances or the nature of the environment you're headed into. Are you delving into a crypt? Are there rumours of demons or aberrations? You should prepare Protection from Good and Evil. Think you're gonna head into a tight area with a single bottleneck, and need to protect the vanguard? Shield of Faith will protect your frontliner so long as you maintain concentration, meaning your trapfinder or face-checker can proceed more safely.

Casters use their brains, and prepare. Clerics are highly flexible. Some spells are really good, like Bless, and you'll take them every time because they do so much for you and your party. Some spells are situational, and you'll just flip a coin sometimes. Sometimes you'll get lucky, and sometimes you'll hear the right rumour and prepare correctly, save the day, and be the smartest person in the room.
>>
>>51110648
I'd say the majority of the caster benefit over martials in 5e is out of combat.

Things like knock, prestidigitation etc open up a lot of avenues, but aren't as helpful in a fight.
>>
>>51119355
>What the fuck am I reading.
the truth
>>
>>51119317
You're not sword-and-boarding if you are throwing potions all day. You're just boarding.

And if that's the case, nothing is stopping you from using a shield. What does violating proficiency do?
>disadvantage on Strength and Dexterity checks
Take off your shield before you jump that pit or lift that gate.
>disadvantage on Strength and Dex attack rolls
Throwing a potion isn't an attack and doesn't use your Dex or any roll on your party, so what the fuck ever.
>can't cast spells
You can cast your magic through infused items and all of your shit is utility to begin with.
>disadvantage on Strength and Dex saves
This is the only real penalty here. Balance this against your desire to get hit 10% less.
>>
>>51119263
>well-tuned for multiclassing
Is it wrong that I hate the fact that this is even a consideration? I feel like multiclassing is rarely thematic to a character's journey, and encourages the whole "build" mentality. I know that it was probably included so that they could get the 3.PF crowd (which if Roll 20's stats are any indication, they did), and I'm beyond grateful that it's an optional rule so that I don't have to let players use it if I don't want to include it (which I don't). I just hate the fact that multiclassing decreases the amount a class can be designed asymmetrically from others. I haven't designed a full class as homebrew yet (in fact I'm of the opinion that one doesn't need to 95% or more of the time), just archetypes, and I never consider whether someone would "dip" for my level 3 features since I don't allow it, and balance the archetype against other ones for the same class instead of thinking how it would interact with a hundred different class features. It's really liberating to not have to consider multiclassing when designing.
>>
>>51119397

Oh, yeah. Totally. You know what? Thieve's tools really are useful for dungeon reasons. Fighters should get thieve's tools because it's useful for dungeons. Shit, let's give barbarians and wizards thieve's tools too. Let's give fucking clerics and druids some God damn. Thieve's tools because it's useful in a dungeon. Terrible argument.

As for alchemists, it could have easily been fluffed as them fine tuning their own instruments or something. Would have made more sense than thieve's tools.
>>
>>51119131
It's a bit distinct from other classes by virtue of how incompatible most of its abilities are with other power-amplifying features, like Extra Attack. Dipping wouldn't really get you a lot that you wouldn't also get by dipping into other classes, and those would also play much better with your primary tier-jumping features.
>>
>>51110054
Currently running a dragonborn fighter (not sure for how much longer) in a world where necromancy is outlawed and demons are slipping out from hell. We were going to handle the issue but my homeland decided to wage war on the people I'm trying to help. The real issue I'm currently having is do I have my character leave to go serve his homeland or just be extremely aloof and grumpy for the rest of the war?
>>
>>51119508
The original four classes all filled a niche

>Fighting man
Barb, Fighter, Ranger, Paladin

>Cleric
Cleric, Druid

>Arcane Caster
Sorcerer, Wizard, Bard, Warlock

>Thieve
Rogue, ARTIFICER

There is a reason artificer damage scales just like sneak attack
>>
>>51119532
DRACO-ROMA CALLS
DO YOUR DUTY, CITIZEN
>>
>>51119508
They don't get tool proficiencies because they're busy studying non-tool things.

Artificers are all about using fucking tools. Again, as I said earlier, if you had three tool proficiencies then for an adventurer thieves' tools is a non-option. Oh, guess what... You're an adventurer!

If you're really that mad about it you can ask your DM to swap thieves' tools out for something much less useful. All having thieves' tools proficiency is doing is encouraging you to be more useful and relevant.
I bet your DM would even let you, as a rogue, ditch expertise in exchange for more skill proficiencies if you really wanted, but it's not a core option because it's kind of a non-option.
>>
>>51119497
> want class bloat instead of multiclass
Go back to /pfg/. We don't want to remember ability of 30 different classes.
>>
>>51119508
More or less what >>51119546 said. The Artificer was definitively Indiana Jones re-imagined for Eberron setting, and everything all that ever-present magic would imply.
The ability to get through traps and doors and chests is a big deal for an Artificer.

Now, what you SHOULD be asking questions about is why they use Medium armor and why they used to also have a lot of weapon proficiency. That stuff's more "just because".
>>
>>51119615
>definitively
I meant to say practically, I'm tired and should probably take a break from all these glowing rectangles for a while.
>>
File: crystalgun.jpg (146KB, 1196x930px) Image search: [Google]
crystalgun.jpg
146KB, 1196x930px
>Psychic Artificer
>your potions are made out of ectoplasm and crystal dust
>your gun is a psionically-powered crystal cannon
>your mechanical servant is a crystal creature held together with ectoplasm and your psionic resonance
>>
>>51119591
When did I say I wanted class bloat?
>>
>>51119615
Considering gunsmith is dexterity-focused, medium armour may be to balance the two out so that you don't absolutely need high dexterity, just 14. Gunsmith still benefits from 20 dex, though, by using studded leather instead of half-plate.

I think it's reasonable. They're not supposed to be fast-moving like a monk or rogue, so they can afford wearing heavier armour and training in it, and it's be kind of stupid not to if they have the time. I just suppose the more castery guys who can't wear medium armour don't have the time for training.
>>
>Piercing Round
>On a failed saving throw, the target takes 4d6 lightning damage. This damage increases to 4d6 when you reach 19th level in this class.

Oops?
>>
>>51119707
I know they don't get stealth in-class, but I just got the image of the sneaky gunsmith. Then they fire the THUNDER CANNON.
>>
>>51119120
One of the special features Artificers had in their original inception for Eberron back in 3.5 days was the ability to disable magical traps much like thieves could. This is a holdover from that realm of thinking. And a good one, frankly.
>>
Can booming blade stack with shockin grasp?
>>
>>51119826
No.
>>
>>51119722
Yeah, that's a typo for sure.
>>
>>51119840

Well shit. I need shillelagh for my arcana cleric then.
>>
>>51119952

Unless there's any dexterity weapons Clerics can use.
>>
>>51119975
If you're an elf you can use shortswords

>>51119952
Nature cleric
>>
>>51119707

I feel that like Arcane Archer they don't really do enough on their own. They don't really bring damage or control into a fight and a lot of their stuff is really situational. their spell list is pretty shallow too.

It's a good start though. I'm optimistic about it.
>>
The artificer subclass for wizards was better
>>
>>51119722
It's an inside joke about how it doesn't matter because no one will be playing at 19th level.
they updated the pdf on the site to 6d6 at 19
>>
>>51109936

A human Ranger that hails from a land of self-worth and perseverance, but hails from a family totally dependent on magical heirlooms.

Split from his lazy family to make his own way into the wilds to become a pathfinder and hunter. Ultimate calling is to become a chef of rare game, and carries food critique of places he's been and things he's eaten in scroll cases around with him.

Currently travels with a much older half-elf bard who is writing an opera, unknowing that the opera is in fact some kind of dread bard magic.
>>
>>51120074
I feel they're a nice 'introduction to casters' sort of thing.
Their main method of damage is from a select few abilities and their spellcasting is more of a utility extra. Unlike a full caster, they don't need to use their spells to be effective.
I'd expect them to promote 'fun' characters and the utilities given by magical items and their spells should prove useful sometimes.

So... I'd say it's fine. An alchemist can spam their abilities, whereas an arcane archer can't.
I absolutely adore that they've taken to using at-will abilities instead of per shortrest/longrest.
>>
>>51120226

A lot of their things can only be used "once per minute" which is obnoxiously arbitrary. I wish they had a number of uses of them per short rest or something. The alchemist is better along than the gunsmit though, for sure. The gun smith needs more work imo.

Also, I just don't want the spells to feel needlessly tacked on.
>>
>>51120285
>throw a smoke cloud
>throw another smoke cloud
>throw non-stop smoke clouds
>>
>>51118914
>>51118838
>>51118747
>>51118727
>>51118694
>>51118656
>>51118617
>>51118595
>>51118484
>>51118329
>>51118197
>>51118181
Literally none of you know what high fantasy means.

Okay, so high and low magic simply means how common magic is in the setting. The Lord of the Rings s low magic. ASOIAF is low magic. Eberron is high magic.

High and low fantasy are more a question of genre and tone than world-building. High fantasy means a battle between good and evil. Saturday morning cartoon stuff. Heroes who are pure of heart and villains who are wholly evil. Black and white. Arthurian. Mythic. The Lord of the Rings is a great example.
Low fantasy is more realistic, but not in it's world building or it's magic, but merely in it's depiction of humanity. Low fantasy has flawed heroes and sympathetic villains. It's heroes are often not actually heroes at all but merely adventurers seeking their own fortune. A lot of what is commonly referred to as
Sword and Sorcery is low fantasy, for example Conan The Barbarian and Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser. ASOIAF is low fantasy.
>>
Guys, hear me out, what if you made food with Goodberries? Would the amount of the healing stack?
Just imagine baking a giant tart with delicious goodberries.
>>
New campaign soon. How balanced would you say artificer is?
>>
>>51119547
That was my plan, especially considering I was a military officer
>>
>>51120454
Just make and sell Goodberry pie in a war zone. Make a killing.
>>
>>51120285
I'd justify it by 'You can't keep too much of it prepared, so you only keep a certain amount prepared but you can get it sorted again in a matter of thirty seconds'. Rather, they can't have too much going on in their pouch or it'll explode or before they throw it they have to pour two components into one volatile mixture, and they can only keep so many of those safely. .. Maybe there's some weight.. Issue..? Okay, it's a bit hard to justify it by real-world terms, but I'm sure there's a way to justify it.
I still much prefer it over short rests, because all too often short rests turns into 'Okay, I'll cast this spell, but I want you all to agree to stop and have a short rest after because I'm a warlock' or just unnecessary faffing about with rests, especially when a DM gives few chances for usch rests. You can use them almost as often as you like, throw them at strangers in the street, you just can't throw one every single turn unless it's acid or alchemist's fire.

Thinking about it though, it would be nice to have somebody who goes by !!science!! instead of magic. You can probably refluff the spells for that.

Thunderstick gunsmith is as good as a fighter. They mostly just shoot endlessly, but they do get other features of interest.

Without spells, how could they make magical items, though? I guess it's a matter of !!science!! sometimes, but..
>>
>>51120074
They're kinda like rogues right now. Hovering in that area.
>>
>>51120099
I was guesing 5d6, so that's good to know.
>>
>>51120454

My character is a Ranger chef who just got Goodberry, this has been on my mind for some time. Food's only good for healing around 24 hours though, right?
>>
>>51120471
It's decent.
>>
>>51119707
I was speaking more to the armor/weapon stuff in 3.5; I see the mechanical purposes for 5e and I think it makes sense as far as striking that balance goes, but the way it plays into the pure concept stuff, mechanical considerations aside, is a smidge odd.
Much less so than in 3.5, though.
>>
>>51120435
I think you just have your own opinion of it, like the other guy does. Nobody's going to agree on any particular meaning, because somebody will say 'well, you can have sympathetic villains in high fantasy, too' because they define it differently.

I'd personally say that high fantasy tends more towards good and evil on a more arbitrary basis like that. 5e is actually more in the middle therefore compared to earlier editions as the alignments do very little - paladins can't use 'detect evil' to see who's evil and who's not. Alignment isn't really a thing, it's more about the characters now.
But what was being said above was literally 'high fantasy means more magic' versus 'high fantasy means having magic at all as opposed to maybe slight differences to real life or supernatural phenomena'. So I don't see why you're disagreeing with both sides up there.

>>51120454
Somewhere on sage advice it was said by someone that you can do this / they'd let you do this. I'm not sure it's RAW, but why not? A pie isn't an action to eat, anyway.

Get a level of life cleric.
>>
>>51120559
That's correct, but it doesn't mean you can't re-enchant those berries, you'd just need a good place to store them because berries can go bad.
>>
>>51120015
>If you're an elf you can use shortswords

Need human to start with War Caster. And more importantly, rp reasons
>>
>>51120599

I'm thinking of petitioning my DM to let me have Gentle Repose and Prestidigitation but only use it on food and drink. Might be fun.
>>
>>51120425

That's why I said "limited uses per short rest." You can alpha all your support smoke bombs out but don't expect to be super useful until you short rest if you waste all your resources immediately.

I like the idea of them being a support instead of a high damage class though (like fighter vs bard). Just think they need some tuning.

>>51120510

That's a cool justification. I just think it's lame that if Is moke cloud once in a fight i can't smoke cloud again in a fight. They seem to have poor synergy with Rogues too; I wish they'd make a pass to make it more multiclass friendly. I think a Rogue/Artificer would be cool: like duster from M3.
>>
>>51120607
Have fun with your dagger I guess
>>
>>51120591
Well, 5e is more 'sensible'. Wizards can wear armour if they get training, but many wizards choose not to take a level of fighter because they want to focus on honing their art of magic, and they can sit at the back lines.

An alchemist is likely more of an adventurous type like the 'indiana jones' analogy that might have taken up armour in the process, I guess. Anybody who doesn't at least have medium armour proficiency is either weird or doesn't need it enough. I guess.
>>
So, I'm wanting to make an Adventurer's Guild, but not call it that. Their main schtik will be raiding the ruins of a long deal civilization in horrible, monster infested lands. I've came up with a few names, but they don't really strike me very well.
>>
>>51110054

Place is taken over by undead chinese empire from another plane of existence. Party has partly fled, partly been used for experiments by them, and partly become concubines.
>>
So why would you bring a rogue anywhere when you can bring an artificer?
>>
So what do you think the ideal timing on multiclassing from a life domain cleric in alchemist artificer? I'm pretty sure that 5 levels of alchemist are fine to 15 cleric, it's WHEN that's the thing. Starting with 5 in cleric.
>>
>>51120622
But it encourages out of combat use. If it was per long rest, you'd hoard uses for important combat situations. Even per short rest, you'd save it for combat.

If it's per minute, you can use it even out of combat. Enemies around the corner? Smoke'em and run.

Yeah, they do seem a bit awkward with multiclassing, but it's better than being OP for multiclassing.
>>
>>51120596
>I think you just have your own opinion of it, like the other guy does.
No. Google it. Those terms have an origin. They have a specific definition. The one I gave. I didn't just make that up. I gave you the original and only definitions of those terms.
>>
>>51120661

>per long rest

Ideally you'd get enough per short rest to make use for all kinds of situations. My big problem with using itonce per minute is that it means I can only do a few things in combat before I'm a guy who throws fire for not a lot of damage and not much else.

>better than being OP

I think I'd rather see a draft that's OP but easy to tone down than see something meek but hard to prop up right.
>>
So I'm making a dragon-themed Barbarian archetype.

Really, most of what I'm thinking has been covered by frenzy (frightful presence/intimidating presence etc.) so I was wondering, what kind of abilities would be good *mechanically* that the other barb archetypes don't have that could still be dragon-y?

I don't want to lean on elemental damage as a crutch, but I guess it must feature somewhere.
>>
>>51118781
That is cheating
>>
>>51120679
>It has one specific definition.

I'm fairly sure there's multiple, at least from what I've read where they have to quote exactly whose definition it is, in that one definition was about whether it took place in the real world or not.

At least, this is what I got from googling it earlier.
>>
>>51120435
>High fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy, defined either by its setting in a fictional universe or by the epic stature of its characters, themes, and plot. The term "high fantasy" was coined by Lloyd Alexander in a 1971 essay, "High Fantasy and Heroic Romance".
>High fantasy is defined as fantasy set in an alternative, fictional ("secondary") world, rather than "the real", or "primary" world. The secondary world is usually internally consistent, but its rules differ from those of the primary world. By contrast, low fantasy is characterized by being set in the primary, or "real" world, or a rational and familiar fictional world, with the inclusion of magical elements.
So basically what the first guy said but magic doesn't automatically mean high fantasy.

Glad THE INTERNET, ORACLE OF ALL THINGS, could clear that up for us.
why do we even argue when this shit is easily googled
>>
>>51120723
Dragon claws that give an unarmed boost? Flight while raging?

I'd look at stuff that makes them more dragony while raging.
>>
I'm thinking about taking Wind Wall, but the spell description doesn't make it clear how effective it would be for splitting up monsters, boxing them in, or cutting off escape routes. The damage is pretty good, but I think I have better options if that's all I would be getting. Most of the monsters we've encountered so far were large size.
>>
>>51120757

Am considering flight while raging. Guess I don't want to mirror the Dragon-blooded sorceror too much though.
>>
i want to make one of those new artificer characters, and i want him to be a paranoid sniper with PTSD that #1,is always in a Ghillie suit #2, always got a plan to kill everyone he meets and #3, always tries to stay hidden and find vantage points and that yadda yadda

with the mechanical companion and the third point so did i have the great idea to have a robot spider backpack, that could use its spiderclimb to move him wherever he would want (mostly up steep hills, trees and walls) and lay out web for traps. however, i saw that it needs to be large, but at the same time it could look any way i would want it to, so maybe simply having a daddylong-leg spider curled up would work.

are there any weight limits for sizes and -in your opinion- would be this too much cheese to be allowed?
>>
>>51120718
Then they could have made it once every 18 seconds or something if they wanted you to be able to use it once every three rounds or so.

It's much easier to say 'well, it has clearly been a minute since the last time I used it' than to keep track of how many uses you have left and try and obtain short rests if you need it.

If you give too many uses per short rest, people will be able to spam it throughout combat and if you give too few uses people will be too conservative outside of combat. That's how I'd think it'd go, anyway.

I'm the sort of person that doesn't like using consumables if they really don't need to, so I prefer that I have essentially unlimited uses except with a sort of 'you can't use it while there's already a smoke cloud up already'.

The deal with giving out OP UAs is that you have to actually remind people to use the new UA if they change it, which almost never happens. Shadow sorcerer is still overpowered compared to the other sorcerers, especially for multiclassing, but it's there.
The class functions fine, it's just that it doesn't work well for multiclassing. Or maybe it does? Either way, it'll see use and if it needs more multiclassing potential they can change that later if they ever change things.
>>
>>51120756
>why do we even argue when this shit is easily googled
Because fa/tg/uys often misuse terms and dislike being corrected.
>>
>>51114227
well the gunsmith can make a giant eagle and ride around on it, shooting people from a 150 feet up with relatively infinite ammo and healing spells. with sharpshooter that's 500 feet.

honestly the double prof bonus on thieves tools, the healing spells, the d8 hit dice, and the (rideable) giant robot make it a touch too powerful. it can just do anything. giant boar, giant vulture, and giant spider all look solid for it. and an alchemist is just an extremely solid all arounder, especially for thievery
>>
>>51120817
True. What if it was just options for the totem barbarian?

Honestly I have a love for character's who emulate dragons so when you figure it out can you make sure you post it?
>>
>>51120827

It's much easier to count out ten rounds than to know charges per short rest

I just disagree

>spam it throughout combat

that might not happen anyways because a lot of them are really situational. They're the equivalent of low level spells, if someone wants to blow through 4 snare squares a turn then go for it.
>>
>>51116613
Yes
>>
So how would I go about putting Hol Horse into my game?
>>
>>51120881

Yeah don't worry, I will. Hopefully it won't be *too* torn to pieces. But at least if it is then I'll know which bits to work on for it.
>>
File: oraclez.jpg (62KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
oraclez.jpg
62KB, 700x990px
N E W T H R E A D
N E W T H R E A D
>>51120978

>>51120978

>>51120978
>>51120978
>>
>>51120646
Any time you need a pure skill check instead of a tool check. Sneaking, picking pockets, investigation, etc.
>>
>>51110054
an anachrostic fantasy americana, with gods who walk the earth and 1920s gangsters and magicish cars. the players are all wanted criminals on the lamb, brought together by a goblin crime family secretly run by cyric, tho they think he's just a god of murder. they're trying to overthrow the evil government, but really cyric is using them to gain enough power to kill mystra and set off the spell plague. so far they've kidnapped a divine infant sent from the gods (which he ate), beat up an old lady, stole an ambulance, blown up a train (twice), blown up a small town (twice) and gotten stoned out of their minds.
>>
>>51120955
Magic Revolver that doesn't need to roll to hit. Disappears like a pact weapon if he's unconscious or dead.
>>
>>51121131
So just another mage spamming magic missile?
>>
>>51120629

That's right, the Dagger will work

Thanks m8
>>
File: 1481650038033.jpg (38KB, 339x435px) Image search: [Google]
1481650038033.jpg
38KB, 339x435px
>>51109936
A low int high cha human fighter, a bimbo who kills and fucks anything that catches her fancy. Enough things caught her fancy that she was sealed away by ancient wizards to protect the realms. Now released by the rest of the (evil) party to kill the (now immortal) wizards
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.