[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 82

File: Hyena shaman.jpg (105KB, 680x918px) Image search: [Google]
Hyena shaman.jpg
105KB, 680x918px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Druids! Edition
In honor of the honestly sweet druid options in the new Healer book, what are some fun druids you played as, encountered, or want to play as?

Please keep both animu fetishposting and "OverPoWered" shitposting to a minimum, otherwise you aren't being excellent

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:>>51107247
>>
Sphere's of Might kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1708940685/spheres-of-might-a-new-pathfinder-martial-system
>>
>>51114730

I liked the 3.5 Druid that let you put fast healing on your party in exchange for certain things.

Also the wildshape focus one where you could change into a limited number of creatures but could do it more often.
>>
Starting off this thread with some bonus positivity. Tell us about some cute little tick, habit or foible your character has that wasn't important enough to mention in his backstory.
>>
So for the Avowed playtest, why does it have that dumb 3.5 warlock thing of spell-like abilities with 24-hour duration, when PF has constant spell-like abilities as a thing already in the rules?
>>
>have players be part of a mercenary company
>1200 men
>divided into four 300 man battalions
>divided into six 50 man platoons
>divided into two 25 man patrols
>one of the 5 party members is a major
>two are lieutenants under him
>two are sergeants under one of the lieutenants
>the players are were happy and just gravitated towards their roles
>gotta now make 4 extra lieutenants and 10 extra sergeants for their battalion.

So right now I have the following:
>Doughbelly
Elderly Orc Scarred Witch Doctor Lieutenant, Level 4
>Groak
Werebat Skinwalker UC Rogue Lieutenant, level 4

The available races are:
>Human, Dwarf, Orc, half-Orc, Hobgoblin, Skinwalker, Tiefling (free variant), Ratfolk

For reference Hobgoblins/Goblins/Bugbears are all grouped with ratfolk as a rodent like monstrous lineage.

Anyone want to help make mercenaries? Just an idea/nick name/etc. would be fine!

The company is called The Crow Men.

Or even a major would be great!

These are the level brackets for the different ranks:
>Sergeants are typically level 3, while lieutenants are between 4-5, and majors between 5-7, and commanders between 6-8.
>>
>>51114851
She likes to carry cards, dice, and games with her, but so far she's played mostly solitaire.
>>
File: got_your_money_by_offo-d37n7b4.jpg (242KB, 1000x739px) Image search: [Google]
got_your_money_by_offo-d37n7b4.jpg
242KB, 1000x739px
>>51114851

I thought it was cute but really it was just kender shit which made me sad. So I made her have a thing for law enforcement.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 600x517px
I rolled it and it looks like I'm making a qt 3.14 waifu.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 4, 1, 4, 6, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4, 6, 4, 3, 4, 4, 1 = 77 (24d6)

>>51114926
Here to add some extra fun lets roll for their stats! That's always a fun time.
>>
>>51114851
He actually has a bit of a fetish for smaller races, gnomes and halflings and occasionally dwarves.
>>
>>51114983
>4, 1, 4, 1
Str: 9
>4, 6, 4, 4
Dex: 14
>1, 2, 2, 1
Con: 5
>4, 2, 6, 2
Int: 12
>3, 4, 6, 4
Wis: 13
>3, 4, 4, 1
Cha: 11

Should probably go a Con race.

Dwarf would fit. Perhaps a dwarf inquisitor sergeant?

LN Exarch maybe?
>>
File: sanji.gif (2MB, 425x230px) Image search: [Google]
sanji.gif
2MB, 425x230px
>>51114730
>tfw the party's Druid is a 6-foot-something, 20-STR Half-Drow girl literally raised by wolves

>the same Elf Wizard who introduced her to regular society also frequently targets her with Enlarge Person
>and we just hit Level 4, which means she can Wild Shape now

>when we first met at Level 1, my 4'10" Brawler beat her in a boxing match in one round due to being the only trained in unarmed combat
>he basically jumped to deal an uppercut
>18 STR to her 20

On an unrelated note.
>tfw not a day goes by that I'm not tempted to use a Devolutionist Druid as an antagonist

>>51114851
He's fought some seriously weird opponents in the pit-fighting circut, and remembers aspects of their fighting styles (Martial Flexibility fluff). I haven't mentioned all of them, and only his main rival has been named.

She fights kinda like pic related, and is about the least gimmicky opponent he's faced.
>>
>>51114851
because of his asshole wizard father, he avoids talking about family, and proactively avoids family gatherings
>this hasn't come up yet in game
>>
Which is less edgy.

>LE healer who causes others to rely on her in order to bring about their doom

>LG bloody healer who martyrs herself for others, giving everything she can
>>
I'm considering running a game where the idea from the onset is that there will be two groups of PCs, run separately, who are working against one another in courtly intrigue. Meaning that actually coming into direct combat is unlikely, at least not deadly combat, but the two parties can be petty towards one another in fantastic ways.
>>
>>51114794
I'm hoping they get some playtest or sample materials for this out soon, everything I've heard about it seems pretty exciting.
>>
File: Fennec-Fox-and-Friend-750x553.jpg (72KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
Fennec-Fox-and-Friend-750x553.jpg
72KB, 750x553px
So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything particularly fun and exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
File: 041216-221037239-big.jpg (82KB, 768x590px) Image search: [Google]
041216-221037239-big.jpg
82KB, 768x590px
>>51114730
I REALLY want to play a Goliath Druid because I fucking love Giants and it's probably the only way I'll be able to "play" as one. Also the archetype is just cool as hell in general.
>>
>>51115065
The LG healer sounds less edgy.

>>51114926
Is 3pp allowed?
>>
>>51115110

Easier to make mechanically too. Thanks anon.
>>
>>51114851

Onryou, when bored drums her fingers on her body. Usually to the beat of the last song she heard.
>>
>>51115110
>Is 3pp allowed?
Yes. DSP stuff generally allowed. Paizo as well.
>>
>>51115071
Same, I'm pretty hyped
>>
>>51115065
LE manipulator is more try-hard-ey, and kind of sounds like it's building up to a big ol' dick move.

LG martyr is kind of mildly cringey at worst, sounds more like a wanna-be anime heroine.
>>
>>51114851
Rubio Redgrave likes to play strategy games, but is too invested in the idea of playing "bravely" to be good at them. He's been banned from playing tafl or chess in most taverns, just so he doesn't get swindled any more.
>>
>>51114851
Not mine, but the Bloodrager one of my players had the last campaign started collecting all the keys they found and make necklaces and bracelets out of them ("We don't even have doors from where I come from!").
He almost had an hearth attack when the party was handed the keys of the city they saved at the end of the campaign.
>>
>>51115168
Well the LE devil who has healing in his profile rules over debility, dependence and frailty.

The LG would Vildeis who is all about that scarification and martyrdom
>>
File: ChaikaOhNo.gif (256KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaOhNo.gif
256KB, 500x480px
>>51108850
>mfw the healer handbook mercies are making me want to play a Paladin

fuck these are so cool, but I don't feel like I'm remotely clever enough to play a LG character without being shit or just being "LG on the sheet, but actually just NG". That and I hate how few skill points it has.

>>51115096
We fought some kytons and got weirded out by how much they enjoyed getting shot by arrows. Progress was made, stonework was patched, and nonlethal takedowns on enmaddened humans was done.

fuck swarms
>>
>>51115096
In one campaign I hit level four. In another we're on our way to storm Thistletop.
>>
So I have been examining Papa Asmo's sexism and want to bring up some points.

In his origin story in Prince of Darkness, he and his Brother Ihys simply congealed from the ether. The other thing existing besides them at this point were the Qlippoth, but in a sort of primitive form. One of the things people site for Asmo's sexism is referring to women as "the second gender". This is the point I want to examine.

Asmo has a direct hand, along with his brother, in creating the first mortals. This is a point we have a hard time disputing because other gods were there as well. Abadar and Sarenrae are named. Asmo being the first being was masculine in form, as was his brother. So to them, who created mortals, the female form is quite literally the second gender.

So yes, it is sexist, but it is under a different context to a degree.

As for the validity of the events in Prince of Darkness, namely the creation of mortals and the Brother's War we have a hard time disputing it. If none of it happened why then do none of the other gods who were supposedly there dispute Papa Asmo's version of events? That coupled with the fact there is physical evidence that Ihys existed in a shard of the dagger Papa Asmo used in The First Betrayal is around still and contains Ihys's last scream adds validity.

Somehow Paizo made Papa Asmo a rather interesting deity both with his interaction with good deities, such as Iomedae, and his own history. It just feels like the sexism claim, whole correct, doesn't give context to the situation. While not excusable the situation is more nuanced than simply "he hates women". Heck, Papa Asmo has female commanders in Hell and sponsors one of the few Female ruled nations in the Inner Sea, and has an active hand in that nation's prosperity.
>>
Dragon DM! Dragon DM!

How many direct servants does the Queen have? What are their duties?
>>
>>51114945

Oh my gosh that girl is cute!
>>
Anyone got any muscle-girl tiefling images? Preferably with horns at least. Both horns and tail preferred.
>>
>>51114794
>SoM got funded
>Almost two second stretch goal
Noice!
>>
>game goes on hiatus for 2 months
>finally getting ready to meet again today
>"hey guys we're ending soon"
FUCKING
AHHH
FOREVER DM SYNDROME STRIKES ONCE MORE
>>
>>51114851
Seht, despite his interest in the night sky, has yet to realize that what he considers his guardian star is actually Castrovel, the green planet.
>>
>>51115452

Upward of twenty. They cook, clean , pick out outfits, and most daunting: try to organize her shit
>>
My halfling might be lewd and promiscuous but how do I show this without doing lewd and promiscuous things with the party
>>
File: magma_dragon_by_njoo-d3ef1ma.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
magma_dragon_by_njoo-d3ef1ma.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
>>51114730
Sadly I've not yet gotten the chance to play my archon blooded Aasimar Druid. They were fire/earth themed, having been raised in the Five King's Mountains by her human father, dwarven mother, and a Dwarven druid master (friend of the family) that affectionately calls her 'Torch' because she developed a habit of trying to find the most appropriately torch shaped object she could and cast Continual Flame on it when she was little.

General idea is she was raised to believe that fire is a perfectly natural, but dangerous, part of nature. It can be used to cleanse, to brighten, to warm, and to destroy. She went off adventuring as a part of her Druidic training to get some worldly knowledge and lend her hand where she could.

I would have played her as an honorable and youthful (in spirit) member of the party who occasionally imparts hard truths and wisdom with some antics from her ritual of 'torch making'.

She would also eventually take Form of the Exotic Dragon and turn into a Magma Dragon.
>>
>>51115648

They constantly make references to past lovers, and will look for new ones during downtime.
>>
>>51115648

Tell us more about this character!
>>
File: Valeriya.Deverin.jpg (87KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Valeriya.Deverin.jpg
87KB, 1280x1024px
>>51114851
She loves to sketch the people she meets and the places she goes. She takes time to draw in her journal every night. She's also a little paranoid so she writes her thoughts and feelings in the same journal in invisible ink that can only be revealed by the light of her invoked blade.
>>
>>51115648
Act like a shameless slut and then get mad when the party rightfully treats you like shit.
>>
>>51114851
Wherever he goes, he is compelled to carve dwarven runes into some stone that translate to "Mori was here".
>>
>>51115712
She's a fencer and a duellist, rather skilled, quite excitable. Doesn't back down from fights, lots of bravado and style, but is truthfully afraid of being alone despite her fearlessness.
>>
>>51115648
Innuendo and entendre
>>
>>51115648
Dirty limericks.
>>
File: Halfdan was here.jpg (65KB, 400x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Halfdan was here.jpg
65KB, 400x1259px
>>51115814
dammit Halfdan!
>>
>>51115879
Yeah shit like that and some writings in old Roman areas turning out to say stuff like "Remus fucked a girl here" or "Julius your mother is a whore" made me want to have this cheeky dwarf leave shit like that around to make people in the future annoyed.
>>
>>51115836

Oh that's easy, make her casually seductive and use plenty of innuendo/entendre, and when you get to a tavern she finds herself in the lap of a handsome man with enough confidence to flirt back.
>>
>>51115952
>>51115685
>>51115811
>>51115837
>>51115877

Thanks for the help, anons, especially >>51115952! This'll help a lot!
>>
>>51115648
Ask the GM to have some NPCs who are past lovers who are angry she ran out on them.

Basically the Casanova stereotype, but with genders reversed.
>>
>>51115879
I can see it now.

>"Halfdan, no! Nobody here can even read that, what's the point?"
>"You can read it, can't you? Besides, what if someone reads it in a thousand years?"
>"No one will even know about us in a thousand years!"
>"I'll bet you twenty thralls they will!"
>"How do you expect to pay that? We'll both be dead!"
>"Then make it forty!"
>>
>>51115778

>tfw we might have artists in the group that could do sketches or portraits.
>>
>>51116107
>>51115879
>>51115814
I honestly wouldn't mind if, at least once in my life, I were to go to some place and carve into it Drink More Ovaltine
>>
>>51115908
>don't listen to the inkeep when he says the whores on third are good, I caught something from two of them at least

>my friends all found a husband here and all I got was pregnant

>two socks, one shirt, remember to get soap

>Gaius has a biggest dick
>the smallest. learn to spell, dumbass

Yeah that shit was EVERYWHERE. Our ancestors were no better than we.
>>
>>51114730
I want to be a communist Urban Druid in DHB's revolution AP
>>
>>51116166
They were worse, even!
>>
>>51116147
>Ovaltine
That was my SHIT as a kid.

>>51116166
They really weren't. Humans haven't changed much in over two thousand years, and yet people act like we have.
>>
>>51116186
>not an an-prim

One job anon.
>>
>>51116186
>Druid
>Communist
Most ecosystems are essentially Free-Market, except without the heavy abstraction of economy
>>
File: 84381859.gif (947KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
84381859.gif
947KB, 222x200px
>>51116147
>>
>>51116234
>>51116244
Yeah, either of those would probably be a better ideal for Druids in general, but given the way the AP sounded it seemed like communist would fit better.
>>
What Golarion god is most likely to take a "the meek shall inherit the earth" approach?
>>
>>51116403

Erastil.
>>
>>51116403
>>51116413

Erastil and Shelyn!
>>
>>51116403
Possibly Sarenrae, but I'd also bet on Shelyn for that--Sarenrae tends to err on the side of vengeance and righteous fury when attempts at redemption fail, while Shelyn's characterization and that of her faith is that they never give up on love and compassion, the idea that everyone can be beautiful and kind.
>>
>>51114851
She has a diary in which she writes both scientific and alchemical observations as well as your basic feelsy stuff that diary tends to have. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which considering her way of speaking.
It'll also have letters to her father which will then be replaced with letters and postcards to whoever lives there instead once she lets go.
>>
>>51116413

I thought he was all about the "teach a man to fish" thing, what with giving primitive humans a bow and telling them not to let nature push them around.
>>
>>51116222
There's more-chocolatey ovaltine now too, that shit is delicious.

Your childhood isn't gone, anon. That shit's cheap too. And surprisingly nutritious.
>>
>>51116403
Erastil
Also that one Empyreal Lord of Cowards
>>
>>51116456
How exactly do you think the meek inherit said land?

Protip: It's not by getting eaten first.
>>
>>51116166

Humans back then were just like humans now.
>>
>>51116456
Erastil is about Families, Communities, and living off the land. He's the kind of guy who supports the simple farming/permaculture lifestyle, and living off of your own hard work rather than wasting your life as a big city socialite or a wandering murderhobo.

Basically, those people you read about in Mother Earth News and American Frontiersman Magazine, and who usually have a copy of A Sand County Almanac and Poor Richard's Almanac? Those are Erastileans
>>
File: solar-eclipse.jpg (11KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse.jpg
11KB, 750x498px
>>51116440
>everyone can be beautiful and kind

If only. It'd be one thing if there were only those who /failed/ to be so. But so long as there are those for whom it simply isn't possible. As long as there are those whose very natures bar them from beauty, bar them from kindness, the very effort is pointless.

If you can't save everyone, why save anyone? You get the same result in the end.
>>
File: Erastil.png (926KB, 687x856px) Image search: [Google]
Erastil.png
926KB, 687x856px
>>51116540

That's just quitter talk for being lazy.
>>
>>51116520

Also everyone on those Discovery channel Alaska shows!

Except Alaskan Bush People, that's Lamashtu.
>>
>>51116540
Go back to Numeria and play with your toys, Zyphus, grown folks are talking here.
>>
>>51116540
If you can't save everyone, at least save those you like.

You're just an asshole otherwise.
>>
>>51116585
>Zyphus

But that's Ahriman's symbol!
>>
>>51116540
If nothing matters then why spend the effort to be a dick?
>>
File: Kierkegaard-bust.jpg (198KB, 2200x1217px) Image search: [Google]
Kierkegaard-bust.jpg
198KB, 2200x1217px
>>51116540
>If you can't save everyone, why save anyone?
One word: Existentialism

Actually, come to think of it, considering the Golarion-to-Earth timeline, Kierkegaard isn't too far off. Now I kinda wanna see Kierkegaard standing before Zyphus and BTFOing him thoroughly.
>>
>>51116605
Because that's something you can actually succeed at.

Saving things is impossible - destroying things is easy.
>>
>>51116540
>If you can't save everyone, why save anyone? You get the same result in the end.
Minimising suffering while maximising happiness in an ethical manner.

If you can save some people, who cares if you can't save everyone? You manage to save some people for the time being.
>>
>>51116440
>>51116435
Okay Shelyn works surprisingly well for the campaign.
>>
>>51116608
>if it's allowed
Is being that stupid hard?
>>
>>51116622
>yfw everyone on Abbadon has the same agenda besides Urgathoa
>they're all nihlist edgelords but she's a hedonistic NEET
>>
>>51116668
So she just crashes on Abbadon in order to take advantage of free room and board, to mooch pizzas off of the other gods there, and to occasionally play Catan?
>>
>>51116668
Ahrimanes doesn't want to destroy everything, he wants to taint everything.
>>
>>51116691
>Lord of all the div, Ahriman is the embodiment of pure destruction and seeks the utter obliteration of existence through his div servants. Ahriman is a demigod, and his unholy symbol is a black circle with a thin sliver of light overtaken by darkness.

From Bestiary 3.
>>
>>51116608
It would still fill the purpose of changing damage type of the weapon.

But that doesn't really matter because fencing / slashing grace are horse shit because of the "no off hand Anything".
>>
>>51116668

>Culdranth is a draconic embodiment of Urgathoa.
>>
File: 1476768577042.jpg (66KB, 720x584px) Image search: [Google]
1476768577042.jpg
66KB, 720x584px
>>51115096
The 5E game I play in had the player characters waking up tied to chairs with no saves to get a job offer from a morally dubious smuggler to a paladin, a tax inspector, a courtier and a fireball happy mage. We spent the 80% of the session asking why the person would be trustworthy, why they'd trust us if they thought we would only listen while tied up, and basically no progress was made for 4 hours of gameplay except to get given a suicidal quest by someone we wouldn't trust as far as we'd throw them.

The dungeon world game was a summary of what happened last time, and that was it. No actual game happened.

Two people out of five showed up to my shadowrun game and one person later said they're out. That leaves two actually ok players and two dead fish and I am likely to just ditch the campaign at this point.

My other shadowrun game I run went actually pretty well, where the party spent 60% of the session bathing, 15% travelling, 20% discussing terms with the Johnson, and 5% watching the place they just got info from and show evidence inside to the police be enveloped in a force 15 fire spirit.

I had a fun time GMing for a trap fox prince fae today.
>>
>>51116520
To be fair, a copy of The Almanac is a good yearly investment anyway.
>>
So on Golarion, do languages change? Like how there's old English, middle English, modern English?
>>
>>51117200
Osirian changes, but that's because they still wanted Ancient Osirian stuff to need people to translate it for them.

Otherwise, you are expecting too much effort from Paizo
>>
>>51117200
Kinda? I know of ancient Osirian and modern Osirian. But I think ancient Osirian is just hieroglyphics while modern is a written and spoken language.
>>
>>51117200

Too much effort for Paizo, otherwise Brevic Common would be different from Ustalav Common would be different from Taldan Common.
>>
>>51117371
>>51117259
The "best" part of the pfs stuff is piazo listing the world languages, including all the different kinds of "common" you can use as a GM.
>>
>>51116888

>4 hours of "why should we trust this?"

Autists + inexperienced DM confirmed.

DM should have had arcane tattoos on all the PCs that explode them to pieces if they didn't accept the job, if they wanted to railroad you guys into a fucking job.

You guys should have NOT spend so much damn time nitpicking. Just roll with it sometimes, fuck. It's a God damn game.

I swear, anon.
>>
>>51117371
Well Common could be like Lingua Franca...basically trade languages made up of common regional languages.
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (597KB, 1207x1572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
597KB, 1207x1572px
How can low CHA characters ever hope to compete with high CHA characters in the eternal struggle for booty?
>>
>>51117371
Wait isn't that already a thing. Common(Varisian), Comon(Tien), etc, etc?
>>51117424
Student of Philosophy.

Actual role-play.

Dominate Person
>>
>>51117200
No, because literal, physical gods periodically come down and enforce the static nature of language by stick to the same ones over the centuries.
>>
>>51117424
By high CHA not being someone's type
>>
>>51117443
>Student
Not smart enough, 10 CHA and INT.
>roleplay
Got this down, he's a selfless religious extremist that worships the youngest goddess around. Never break character, but being Iomedaean as Fuck doesn't exactly pull the honeys.
>Spoiler
That's not Justice
>>
>>51117447
Isn't there a rule against that?
>>
File: IMG_1186.jpg (73KB, 481x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1186.jpg
73KB, 481x640px
>>51117463
By definition it's everyone's type, isn't it? It's literally the How-Much-Do-They-Love-Me stat
>>
>>51117478
Conversion Inquisition.

Put some ranks in diplo, maybe where a skill item when you're out booty hunting. See if the DM will let "Nice colongue" fly as a masterwork item of Diplo when convincing the ladies.
>>
>>51116888
>game was just a summary of last time
Don't you hate it when it's stretched out filler like that? Or like "this fight has three phases that's three sessions".
>>
>>51117422
Common is specifically Taldane, and is supposedly a bastardization of Azlanti that Aroden came up with
>>
>>51117414
To be fair, the paladin was the one raising the most objections. I was mostly making sure the mage didn't start lighting up the room with us in it and get things moving.

The DM is mostly fun but doesn't know when to move things along.

Mind you, my normal group (mostly the smoother running shadowrun game/5E group) is very enjoyable to roleplay with so I don't mind it overly much. I do wish we could do more than one thing a session, though.
>>
>>51117502
No, it's the "how much can I intentionally influence" a person stat. It's means how much can you convince someone to like you or be scared of you.
>>
>>51117502
If they like brainy antisocial assholes.
If they like brickhead fighters with hearts of gold.
Etc.
>>
>>51117443
There are four languages in Golarion that are regarded as Common. Taldane in Avistan, Tien in Tian Xia, Polyglot in Garund, and Kelish in Casmaron. What they're saying is that Land of the Linnorm Kings Taldane should be almost a different language compared to River Kingdoms Taldane.
>>
>>51117424

That's some booty I'd pump my Diplo for!
>>
>>51117526
That could work. Too late to change Domains, but some items could enhance his game.
>>
>>51117549
>>51117548
I guess that's fair. If they like some passive quality, you aren't convincing them of something, but instead advertising something already present.
>>
>>51115152
I tried making initiators with the mass combat rules.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/mass-combat
>>
>>51117533
We hadn't played for a month, so a summary was useful. I just wish we could have played, too.
>>
>>51117623
>>
>>51117547

Oh okay. My bad.

That Paladin us too stuffy!
>>
>>51117580
Pretty sure the Calistrian pattern means she'll wind up pumping your booty, if you catch my drift
>>
>>51117645
The goblinoids haven't been updated for PoW:E.
>>
Anyone else dislike Student of Philosophy and other such traits? It feels like it makes Charisma even more of a dump stat.
>>
>>51117669
>>
>>51117673
Not really. I just feel like there should be ways for Charisma to poach int and wis stuff to make it fair, because most of those traits make sense. Like Charisma to appraise, sense motive, spellcraft traits are all things I can totally see.
>>
Has anyone scanned Qadira, Jewel of the East yet?
>>
>>51117683
Can anyone recommend a free program that converts pdfs to images?
>>
>>51117673
I'd much rather we had things that rewarded people for using Cha, and more Cha-based archetypes for things. It baffles me that there isn't a Cha-based Hunter or something, considering how Handle Animal is a Cha skill.
>>
>>51117662

I don't follow.
>>
>>51117743
I thought it was tiger print but I see how someone could see that and think "Tiger Wasp"
>>
>>51117733
Nothing that gets Wild Empathy can use Cha! Then Wild Empathy might be an actually useful class feature!
>>
>Less than a week left for RotJR

PANIC
A
N
I
CINAP
>>
>>51114926
Are you still here?
>>
>>51117849
Is there anyone you wish would a apply, that didn't?

Hardmode:Not someone who made multiple characters.
>>
>>51117854
>>
File: 1453697131554.jpg (398KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
1453697131554.jpg
398KB, 700x990px
>>51117849
And still no beautiful busty mute bard
>>
>>51117869
>>
>>51117890
>>
>>51117906
>>
>>51117867

How am I supposed to know the local celebrities?
>>
>>51117930
From the character discussion thread in the waiting room.
>>
>>51117928
Most of these are written for use in a Forgotten Realms campaign.
>>
File: jp-.png (720KB, 1213x874px) Image search: [Google]
jp-.png
720KB, 1213x874px
What would a human Geliche look like?
>Easily tanned
>Dirty blonde hair
>Bright eyes
>>
>>51117867
I still wish it were Lilin instead of Seht
>>
>>51117943
>>
>>51117945
>ganguro
I expected better.
>>
>>51117966
Last one that meets the restrictions of >>51114926.

The rest are elves and half-elves.
>>
>>51117961
Second
>>
>>51117967
Meh. I'm still not entirely sure where to go with it if it were ever to go anywhere.
>>
>>51117945
Fantastic
>>
>>51117867

Nightmare Mode: you wish a current applicant would make a new character
>>
>>51114730
My first, only, and current character is a human druid. I roleplay him like an ecologist, that often tries to do experiments and take notes at less than opportune times.
>>
>>51117876

Make it, anon! Don't let your memes be dreams!
>>
>>51117867
i'm kind of sad the Chuuni rat player didn't make a real app
>>
File: Ask Becky (The Overfiend).png (460KB, 900x893px) Image search: [Google]
Ask Becky (The Overfiend).png
460KB, 900x893px
>>51117945
>>
>>51118189
I recognize that chicken hair
>>
>>51118170
Yeah, that was a fun character.
>>
>>51118189
I like her better as chikun.
>>
>>51117945

Wouldn't Geliche look like that one anime girl? You know, the one with the massive tits and blonde hair that's BUILT FOR SEX, but totally pure and innocent?
>>
>>51118170
>>51118237
The player's in Hell's Vengeance, and seems to have been hit by a metric ton of [LIFE], since they didn't show up for the first two sessions, so I don't blame them for not applying.
>>
>>51118189
Yeah.. It's why I was severely on the fence on the design at all; too many parallels to Becky. Geliche's canonical design is easier to work with aesthetically since her traits are meant to drive an otherworldly air about her. But for just being human.. ech.

>>51118255
Yeah, I know. I hate it too.
>>
File: 1389465804725.jpg (16KB, 378x434px) Image search: [Google]
1389465804725.jpg
16KB, 378x434px
>>51117945
>>51118189
Who's this semen demon?
>>
File: 1460279037138.png (800KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
1460279037138.png
800KB, 1400x875px
>tfw no country or region in Golarion where I could build an Aztec jaguar warrior who sacrifices hearts to keep the sun rising
>>
>>51118280
I heard, hope it works out for 'em
>>
>>51118255
Who?
>>
>>51118307
Well, there's no fluff for the western continents besides "and also there's a couple struggling colonies", so...

Does anybody have fluff to steal from Maztica?
>>
>>51118319

Some girl that begins with a G, I used to have a picture of her but replaced it with a smug anime girl.

She's from some anime series featuring sexy girls doing surprisingly unsexy, albeit realistic, things.
>>
>>51118307
There's probably something in the Mwangi expanse you could use, or maybe over in Arcadia which is basically just the Americas.
>>
>>51118297
Becky
>>
File: aztec daily life.jpg (72KB, 588x449px) Image search: [Google]
aztec daily life.jpg
72KB, 588x449px
>>51118326
>http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Maztica
>>
>>51118354
Still better as mega ultra chicken.
>>
>>51118337
Galko, you're thinking of Galko.
>>
File: 1479344422728.jpg (237KB, 1279x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1479344422728.jpg
237KB, 1279x1179px
>>51118319
>>51118337
>>
File: 1439782941934.png (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439782941934.png
102KB, 600x400px
>>51118398
>>51118392

That's the one!
>>
>>51117876

Wouldn't Sona be more useful for the Dragons campaign?
>>
File: [=9ju.png (483KB, 948x888px) Image search: [Google]
[=9ju.png
483KB, 948x888px
>>51118398
Because I'm not original or funny
>>
>>51118463

Well, you're wrong on at least one account there, I'd say.
>>
File: 1470348756763.jpg (32KB, 506x521px) Image search: [Google]
1470348756763.jpg
32KB, 506x521px
>>51117876

>beautiful busty mute bard
>Not a beautiful busty mute Paladin that lost her voice to an assassin's knife
>>
>>51118450

There's a lot of factors to consider when going for Dragon.
>>
>>51118503

I'm sure a woman built like Sona would be right at home in the Demesne, in both personality and appearance!
>>
Can my eidolon take the Bleed evolution and apply it to their Greatsword attacks?

An eidolon gains the ability to inflict bleeding wounds. Select one type of attack. Attacks of that type deal 1d6 points of bleed damage. This evolution can be selected more than once. Each time an eidolon selects this evolution, it applies to a different attack. The bleed effect doesn't stack.
>>
>>51117945
Yes!
>>
>>51114730
>new Healer book
Ooo, link to it please?
>>
>>51114879
For bonus types and stacking mods maybe? Ask Forrest.
>>
>>51118640
there's a dump in the last thread
>>
File: Fem Monk.png (394KB, 433x653px) Image search: [Google]
Fem Monk.png
394KB, 433x653px
What up, y'all? New Spheres of Might preview is up with the Armiger class and the Athletics/Sniping sphere. Sadly we're not showing off boxing yet, which is my babby, but soon...
>>
>>51118695
>What up, y'all? New Spheres of Might preview is up
LINK! NOW DAMN YOU!
>>
>>51118658
Ah, thank you!
>>
I'm new to PF and playing a paladin and I just hit 4th level but I'm not sure how preparing spells works. Do I prepare the same number of spells per day equal to the number of spell slots I have available ie since I have 19 CHA I can prepare 1 spell and cast 1 spell?
>>
>>51118280
happens to the best of us
>>
File: Experience the wonder.jpg (91KB, 392x696px) Image search: [Google]
Experience the wonder.jpg
91KB, 392x696px
>>51118707
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/edit#

Huh, forgot that instead of my trip this time.
>>
>>51118695

I can rest at ease knowing that you're the one handling all things punchy.

My greedy hope is that I'll be able to spend Tension/EX meter or whatever to make an attack as an immediate action, with knockback on hit, and 3 frames of invincibility.
>>
File: Dempsey.gif (810KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
Dempsey.gif
810KB, 500x373px
>>51118761
We have two punch spheres, and right now I'm working on boxing (the counter style) before open hand, but I want to make sure that when you play these, you don't feel bad about not using a weapon while fighting.
>>
What's the best way to romance a cute Wizard?
>>
>>51118830
Be another Tier 1 class, like Arcanist. Wizard qts won't take you seriously unless you break the campaign in at least 7 diffetent ways.
>>
>>51118830

The same way you romance any kind of cutie:

FIGHTING EVIL.
>>
>>51118741
>reshuffle shit on the fly classes

I wish people would stop fucking doing this.

Also practitioner sounds fucking dumb. Even worse than initiator.
>>
>non animu girl OPs
what is this some kind of cultural revolution?
>>
>>51118877
Don't question it
>>
>>51118877

Deal with it
>>
File: GGXrdLeo2k.png (576KB, 782x583px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdLeo2k.png
576KB, 782x583px
>>51118799
But will there be a sphere that makes mixing weapons and unarmed attacks worthwhile?
>>
>>51118830
Help them with their research. Make sure they eat and drink, and go outside at least once per day even if the sun hurts their eyes, and tuck them in with a big blanket when they fall asleep at their desk.
>>
>>51118877
>>51118889

I honestly miss the anime girl OPs. Helps give the place some personality. When there's nothing stupid and obnoxious going on, I feel like people are pretending to be normies.
>>
>>51118920

That doesn't sound like a lover, that sounds like a servant.

If he wants to Romance a cute wizard, he must do it the proper way; steal her spellbook and write an "Enthrall Anon" spell with a verbal component!
>>
>>51118947
Yes, because it's inconceivable that people would come here and not be turbo autists.
>>
File: image.png (429KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
429KB, 804x1044px
>>51115266
Is it just me or does the nature priest seem like a better version of the Druid. It trades out venom immunity for a better version of planar ally.
>>
File: Kamina Hero.jpg (52KB, 630x345px) Image search: [Google]
Kamina Hero.jpg
52KB, 630x345px
>>51118875
I like the idea myself, but this is the only class I know that has this idea, at least to my knowledge.

Also I'm not in love with it, I'd probably suggest technician.

>>51118911
We'll probably try to pin that more on classes rather than specific spheres. Right now the dual wielding sphere seems like it could work with that.
>>
>>51118947
Just because you aren't normal doesn't mean other people can't be
>>
Guys post gifs of what YOU think would look great as maneuvers for whatever discipline you want.
>>
>>51118920

>Go outside at least once per day

https://youtu.be/oeh0NybtAnI
>>
File: shadow of the colossus.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shadow of the colossus.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>51118741
>Scale Enemy
We Shadow of the Colossus now!
>>
>>51118865
>>51118861
>cleric of Iomedae

So I've got it in the bag, then

>>51118920
This sounds too cute. What if the qt Wizard dominates my person with cuteness?
>>
Is there a sphere for drunken fighting? Even PoW has failed to scratch my itch in that regard.
>>
>>51118986
Pretty sparse, but the sniping sphere is at a fairly nice start. However, it's going to need to combine with some easy way to recover martial focus, as the deadly-shot/vital-strike combination is pretty normal damagewise.
>>
>>51118986
Brawler and Arcanist.

Also, what's the deal with martial focus? It just makes me think of psionic focus since it seems to be recovered and expended in identical ways. That's also a bad name since Martial Focus is already a thing, it's a feat.
>>
>>51119068
That was already a thing, anon. Vexing Dodger.
>>
>>51119081

Then break their concentration by picking them up and holding them tight in your arms.
>>
File: 1446586973748.jpg (994KB, 1200x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1446586973748.jpg
994KB, 1200x1734px
>>51119160
>>
File: Peace.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Peace.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>51119092
Not particularly, although that's more an open hand thing we could work with, giving a drunken feat to be used with the open handed sphere, or just drunk boxing.

>>51119098
We're right now discussing how best to do recoveries for that, I'm expecting we'll have some fun ways to recover it.

>>51119110
I meant the ones we were doing, not at all.

Martial Focus was our way of allowing us to give some more kick to things. It being a feat doesn't really matter to me, since it's a meh feat to me.
>>
>>51119012

I don't got gifs, but Lady Maria is exactly what I envision for Elemental Flux, same with Dragonslayer Ornstein.

Warp Spiders are basically using Veiled Moon, and others would make that discipline look ethereal and haunting.
>>
>>51119140
Yeah, but now I can do it without being a trashy Rogue archetype
>>
>>51118968
But won't she be furious at having her spellbook stolen?
>>
>>51119191
Well spoilers Joll, we dont know what you're doing.

Have you bitchslapped people hard enough to disavow them of their notions of a backer only playtest?

Im just not a fan at all of classes which dont HAVE things, just the ability to pick whatever they want of what should be permanent decisions.

Or martial focus. It might win me over. The name's still crud though. I'm getting sick of the word martial by this point. Combat Focus maybe. I dunno.
>>
>>51118830
It's simple anon, you've just got to beguile 'er.
>>
>>51119140
It's nice to see support that isn't locked to having take Rogue levels though.
>>
>>51118830
Mage Hand. The reason my DM hates me and my wizard is banned from several taverns.
>>
>>51119234

You'll just give it back to her, along with a gentle nudge and head rub!
>>
File: Brawler girl.jpg (121KB, 752x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Brawler girl.jpg
121KB, 752x1061px
>>51119279
That is why I'm here (among other reasons PARTICIPATE IN MY PLAYTESTS), to help give you info on that.

The playtest is not going to be entirely backer only; they're going to get it first but after a (presumably short) period of time, it's going to go full public.

And I can understand that, I don't like divine casters, they just don't jive for me.

And we're still at the point where renaming stuff isn't a far flung goal, I brought up the naming issue to the think tank. We already changed the name from SoC to SoM, so name changes aren't really something that we're afraid to do at this point.
>>
File: 1483769426392.jpg (157KB, 747x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483769426392.jpg
157KB, 747x1000px
>>51118999

If anyone is here, they're not normies. Stop pretending. Embrace who you truly are.
>>
File: 1453180906405.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1453180906405.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>>51119424
>If anyone is here, they're not normies.

Is dis nigga serious?
>>
>>51119424

That elf needs exercise.
>>
File: Y'Shaarj.gif (521KB, 350x432px) Image search: [Google]
Y'Shaarj.gif
521KB, 350x432px
>>51119424
But then I'd have to homebrew up the Old Gods and play a Cleric of Y'Shaarj.
>>
>>51119424
Nigga, I ain't a normie. I probably count as a furry. But this ain't the fucking place for it, y'dig?
>>
>Hi I am interested in playing this character. I like his dark backstory and feel like I could do this character justice in terms of character development/rollplay. Send me a message if you'd like and we can discuss it. My times of day for availability would be around 11pm. Also, I didnt get a chance to read alot of the other characters, but I dont mind playing any of them. Thanks!

oh god
>>
>>51119516
Doesn't Strange Aeons have some Deity profiles for a few different Old Ones and Outer Gods?
>>
>>51119565
wuz dis?
>>
>>51119584
Someone replied to a RotJR character app asking to play as that character.
>>
>>51119584

Someone posted in an application for Rise of the Runelords.

Gigglesticks wants to play Gartok.
>>
>>51119449
Well, while it's no absolute he's not that far off. Most people on here are at least dysfunctional.
>>
>>51119584
Someone said he wants to play another person's character. Bad enough on its own, but he wants to play it because he thinks it's edgy.
>>
>>51119596
>>51119594
>>51119565

So he thought all those characters being posted were premades to choose from?

That's... wonderfully ignorant and Naive.
>>
>>51119629
It's not that big a deal.
>>
>>51119594
That, is hilarious. A tiny bit sad, but mostly hilarious.
>>
>>51114851
He likes to loom over people he's talking down to because he was teased for being the shortest in the clan.
>>
>>51119645

This young child is a precious gem that must be protected.
>>
>>51119660

All gems must be cut and polished to bring out their inner light.
>>
Tell me a moment of terror you've had while playing. A moment of horror when you realize there was a very real chance your character wasn't coming out of the next five minutes alive and moments where you felt like an actual hero.

My last one was when me and my party were in a town that was under the control of a werewolf king. We ended up saving the mayor's daughter who was supposed to be killed for sport by the werewolves. In response the werewolves that were still alive (we had killed one) decided to kill the entire village. We didn't know the entire situation at the time, but we realized we had doomed the entire village (the hunt was a 'if you make it to morning you get to back to the village, no one makes it to morning'). We had come into conflict with the werewolves twice already and they knew my character on sight.

We could have easily left from there. Two of our party members wanted to go back to base (we were part of a rebel group) and me and one other wanted to save the village. We convinced them to go back.

I volunteered to distract them. The plan I formulated was the only one I could think of that might kill the werewolves. I stripped out of my armor because I was faster without it. I was an oracle who had Energy Body so I could glow like a torch. Ended up running into the village as the werewolves arrived and antagonized them. They gave chase and I ran into the inn. The rest of the party barred the doors of window with me and the werewolves inside, and then we caught the inn on fire, they tossed as much oil onto the fire as they could find to speed it up.

I managed to survive barely because I knew there was a root cellar that I went into as I was running. One of the werewolves went in after me. I barely managed to kill the werewolf in the cellar as the building burned itself down.

I managed to survive but contracted lycanthropy.
>>
>>51119660
I doubt he/she knew they were other player's character's.
>>
>>51119689
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>51119565
Which character?

>>51119596
>Gartok
Who dis?
>>
>>51119699
Half-elf half-Shoanti orphan who killed his father for not being sad enough that his mom died.
>>
>>51115648
>Let them hit on randos semi-seriously
>Have several of their contacts be in red light districts
>Occasional subtly dirty jokes about obscure sex acts
>Mention her clothes are cut lower and tighter than they need to be
>>
File: 1483981904860.png (525KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1483981904860.png
525KB, 1754x1240px
Its a bit late in the thread,

But howdy doody folks!

Everyone doing alright?

Got any questions or suggestions for dragon game? Need help fleshing out your backstory? Want dragon images?

Also put your eyes on your Queen.
>>
>>51119682
>takes off armor
>runs into building full of werewolves he knew would be burned down
Your character fucking deserved to die. You were a retard.
>>
>>51119720

There are like, a dozen things a Halfling girl can say if she wants to flirt with a guy related to height alone.
>>
With which deity should mother of pearl be associated?
>>
>>51119741
>Got any questions or suggestions for dragon game? Need help fleshing out your backstory? Want dragon images?

Eagle, your image game is hardcore but I just can't feel any sort of consistent theme or tone for this game.

How are you going to make the campaign "work" when all we know is the queen's a NEET and there's something about her sending people out for generic reasons?
>>
>>51115528
Just gives you more time to babysit the 7-man memesquad
>>
>>51119577
I mean, sure, I guess. Wonder if I could still summon up phantoms made of solidified Hatred, Anger, Fear, Doubt, Despair, Violence, or Pride.
>>
>>51119770

Shelyn.

Joke answer: Calistria.
>>
>>51119770
Sivanah.
>>
File: Screenshot_2013-12-25-13-03-12.png (507KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2013-12-25-13-03-12.png
507KB, 1024x600px
>>51119751
indeed.
>>
>>51119751
Definitely, there could easily be something about a scar on her forehead coming from a beltbuckle.
>>
>>51119822

Oh, I'm sure she'd say she's used to things slapping her face.
>>
>>51119741
so is Caldranth good aligned or evil aligned? In general, not when dealing with her children who haven't been eating enough.

Do you want people coming in with character quests, or just ready for the Caldranth ride?

Is there a giant vore monster in the depths of the water of the Demesne?

Do you plan to lewd your players on the side? If so, what's your taste?
>>
>>51119789
Fucking memesquads.
>>
Is there a feat that lets Mithral Current work with Ranged Attacks, for like a "Fastest Draw in the West" type character?
>>
>>51119837

Something something waist-deep water, something something holding her breath?
>>
>>51119872
nobody likes vore. if you want filled bellies, do it the right way; knock those girls up.
>>
>>51119910

She's one of the greatest duelists in the land, her footwork's helped her get the party out of all sorts of trouble! Still, I'm sure she loves getting thrust into tight spots, letting her work at squirming out of them only to dive right back in.
>>
>>51119925
>thinking I wanted human vore
>not that I wanted to be swallowed down a massive wyrm body
>my body stretched out through it's gut, pressed on all sides
>it's digestive acids melting off my clothes and driving my skin wild
>Pressed and almost suffocated by the walls around me
>Finally, mercifully, passed while still alive and given a second chance
>>
>>51119986
>Disposal

You are the worst kind of scum.
>>
File: Boo.jpg (99KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.jpg
99KB, 500x281px
>>51119986
>>
>>51119910
You're up for making sure I get second breakfast right?
>>
>>51119986
>I want to spend hours in an intestine, breathing shit.
>>
>>51119786

Here's the deal. The Queen wants to be more active in the world around her when she's spent the last millenium simply not caring.

Why? Is something wrong? Is the world gonna blow up? Is she having the "Mid Life Crisis"? She's being very tight lipped about it. But her word is Law, and if she is using it to a degree yet unseen it must be important.

For honor and glory of your living ancestor, or for fear of what might happen if her new found wants and needs aren't fulfilled you volunteer into her service.

>>51119872

Culdranth is a solid Greater Non-detection.

I want both, Anything that makes my job easier is great.

No, and no.

Depends.
>>
>>51120006
It's not disposal unless you're metabolized.

>>51120022
That ShindoL legend of zelda doujin did weird things to me man.
>>
File: jpi.png (471KB, 1109x762px) Image search: [Google]
jpi.png
471KB, 1109x762px
>>51118289
Got bored and a smidge of downtime. Let's try again with a possible human!Geliche
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (63KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
63KB, 500x282px
>>51120079

Needs to be sexier.
>>
>>51120079

i'm a fan of dark skinned and blonde Geliche.
>>
>>51118741
>athletics sphere
I'm not seeing enough shit to make it worth investing in, yet. Aside from the penalty that foes take if you climb them, there's almost nothing in there worth serious consideration over a flight speed. It isn't enough that we can wall-run and jump better, there needs to be incentives for doing so. Giving us a dodge bonus for movement , increasing weapon damage due to elevation or speed, FF Dragoon-like jumping attacks, climbing foes with weapon attacks, etc.

Give me a reason to play a star athlete rather than simply enabling it.
>>
>>51120079
>Red sexeyes
Dorian, you're doing funny things to me.
>>
How do I make a not-evil Plaguemancer type caster without his backstory being incredibly stupid and edgy.
>>
>>51120128
>flight speed

Unless you're a Strix, "doing anything in three dimensions at low-level" is seriously considerable.
>>
File: Darkest_Dungeon_Artwork_9.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest_Dungeon_Artwork_9.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>>51120144
You've got to understand a thing to fight it, know a disease to cure it, and when the call goes out for people willing to deal out death and violence...
You already know them all too well. You'll go back to curing the symptoms once the cause is dealt with.
>>
File: Elf mage 3.jpg (386KB, 1280x1778px) Image search: [Google]
Elf mage 3.jpg
386KB, 1280x1778px
>>51120128
What I can say here is that this is merely our preview content, and comments like this are going to help us polish it. I'll pass this along, see what everyone things, and hopefully we can help make it even better.

Really the only issue that might come up is clashing with some possible class features for other things, which is something I'm looking to include there.
>>
>>51120097
>>51120122
>>51120142

This is more akin to what she probably should look like; Her father's pre-Mourning/mutated color scheme and facial structure while having her mother's build and figure. Though her hair really should be a more muddied blonde as opposed to a brighter auburn, I think.
>>
File: 1446612839146.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1446612839146.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>51120031

I've always wondered; when Culdranth takes a lover, do they live with her or simply visit her as often as she desires? How does a lover know when Culdranth wants him, is there some sort of telepathic link or an emissary or something?

What's her favorite position?
>>
>>51120097

>Ruby eyes
>Muscular arms
>Generous chest
>Bared midriff leading to wide hips

I don't know, I'm pretty down with this.
>>
Wizard 10/Eldritch Knight 10, yes/no?
>>
>>51120200

Culdranth's Paramours are on call 24/7, however they are free to live about the Demesne as they see fit. They are however expected to drop everything and come when called.

They have a choice of where they have lodgings, her house or their own residence. Though typically they choose hers. (comfy pillows.)

She lets them know when they need to perform their duties either by message by one of her household staff, and a telepathic message if they're taking too long.

She takes a passive role in relations, but an active role in the flow of things. She's forcefully passive. A power bottom.
>>
>>51120200
She probably just uses Dragon Tinder and has one night stands that turn into "well, I guess I can stick around for dinner, though it might be a little awkward seeing your sons"

What would that be named? Breather?
>>
>>51120328
No, that would defeat the purpose of both classes
>>
>>51120328
No because that's not legal.
>>
>>51120328
You would never qualify to be an Eldritch Knight without any prior levels in classes with proficiency in all martial weapons
>>
>>51120381
You can VMC Battle Oracle for the Skill at Arms mystery. But then you're giving up half of your feats, which isn't such a good idea on a wizard.
>>
>>51120381
Wizard VMC Battle Oracle can do it.
>>
>>51120340
>What would that be named? Breather?

"Lair"
>>
File: 1444647004806.png (139KB, 308x765px) Image search: [Google]
1444647004806.png
139KB, 308x765px
>>51120329

How many Paramours does Culdranth have at a time? Is it possible to be a team composed entirely of Culdranth's lovers who work together, fight together, travel together, and satisfy their mistress together?
>>
>>51120576
Layr
>>
>When someone ignores a clause on a feat to try and cheat
baka
>>
>>51120600

anywhere between one and twenty six.
>>
>>51120643
What feat?
>>
>>51120755
Boon Companion.

It does literally nothing for a level 3 Beastmaster because they already have an effective druid level of 3, nigga tried to use it to get a level 7 companion.
>>
File: AnimalLover.png (168KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
AnimalLover.png
168KB, 960x800px
>>51120800
Yeah, that's not how that works.

I mean, there is a way to get double your level on an animal companion, but that's not it.
>>
>>51120895
how
>>
>>51120895
Really? How?
>>
>>51120180
That sounds pretty edgy
>>
>>51120185
Cheers, it was intended as constructive feedback. I'm just hoping that the finished product will, when combined with SoP, will finally bring some equity to the martial/caster divide.
>>
>>51118237
I liked it too, mostly because it was fun and cute, and there are probably too many apps with BIG TITS N DICKS but shit happens i guess
>>
File: Chaika On the floor and Sad.png (185KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika On the floor and Sad.png
185KB, 400x400px
>>51118237
>>51121129
>you will never bully the rat
>>
I'm thinking of playing a Monk for an upcoming campaign. Had a look at some weapons and noticed the sansetsukon. The fact that it deals 1d10, can work with flurry of blows, and even grants 1 AC seems like a great weapon to start with. Granted there's a few things to consider.

I'll have both hands full with the thing, meaning unless I drop it I won't be able to do actions such as Stunning or Elemental Fist. On top of that, eventually my unarmed strikes will do just as much damage and soon after exceed past. There is a way to fix this however, and that's with the Ascetic Style chain.

> Ascetic Style
> Choose one weapon from the monk fighter weapon group. While using this style and wielding the chosen weapon, you can apply the effects of feats that have Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite, as well as effects that augment an unarmed strike, as if attacks with the weapon were unarmed attacks.

So that covers any worries with Elemental Fist and whatnot. But there's still the damage issue, which is why I'd then take Ascetic Form.

> You can use the chosen melee weapon with any class ability that can be used with an unarmed strike, such as an unchained monk's style strike ability. In addition, you are treated as a monk with a level equal to your character level for the purpose of determining the number of times per day that you can use feats with uses per day that depend upon your monk level, such as the Stunning Fist or Perfect Strike feats.

So once I hit 12 the sansetsukon gets to follow my fist and advance to 2d6 damage as well, which is nice, but I can't help but feel like these feats aren't worth it.

Are they? Is there some benefit to Ascetic Style that I'm missing? (Besides, of course, being able to do silly shit like getting an Amulet of Mighty Fists and applying the bonus to the sansetsukon. I mean that's great, but only if I manage to scrape the gold for one, and with this DM I don't know how often gold's even going to come up...).
>>
>>51121147
You don't need an empty hand to Unarmed Strike. You can use any part of your body, including kicks and headbutts, to perform a Stunning Fist.

Even failing that, freeing one hand is a free action.
>>
>>51121147

ascetic style + shurikens are fucking boss m8
>>
File: Horse.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Horse.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>51120930
>>51120948
Sacred Huntmaster Inquisitor gets an animal companion. The chivalry inquisition gives you a mount, which counts as an animal companion for most effects; it just restricts you to having a horse. due to the RAW in how they stack, you literally have a mount that is your level x2.

Technically, if you take a 1 level dip into cleric to grab the animal domain, you can triple-dip for a x3 animal companion (with a small downgrade on the third progression)

you're stuck with a horse, but what a hell of a horse.
>>
File: Best idea.jpg (25KB, 394x350px) Image search: [Google]
Best idea.jpg
25KB, 394x350px
>>51121002
Personal belief here; if you use SoP and SoM, your campaign won't have any real issues with that aside from 'magic is magic so it can do silly stuff.'
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>51121129
>and there are probably too many apps with BIG TITS N DICKS but shit happens i guess

A quick looksee at the current applications says only five of the twelve female applications have large chests (Bellenka, Valeriya, Osanna, Onryou, Kanela) and of those only three have tits I'd say are "holy shit calm down" sized (Onryou, Bellenka, Kanela.)
>>
>>51121183

>you literally have a mount that is your level x2

no, you have two different animal companions
>>
File: THERE ARE NO HEROS LEFT IN MAN!.jpg (19KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
THERE ARE NO HEROS LEFT IN MAN!.jpg
19KB, 170x236px
>>51118170
>>51121141
>No Rinka
>No Gallius or Hikari
WHY CRUEL GOD!?
>>
>>51121168
I suppose that makes sense. Granted if I go Monk of the Four Winds I couldn't apply Elemental Fist to the sansetukon, and the weapon damage would eventually be worse than my unarmed strike, but I guess by the point I could just attack with the strikes while still holding the sansetsukon for that AC bonus.
>>
>>51121205
On the contrary, dear Anon. From the animal Companion rules:

>Class Level
>"The character's druid level. The druid's class levels stack with levels of any other classes that are entitled to an animal companion for the purpose of determining the companion's statistics."

You can't have two animal companions, because your companion levels stack.

Mind, there's no GM that would actually allow this, so the point is rather moot. I believe the idea got brought up to a Paizo dev at one point and they basically said "just give it an increase to a stat or two rather than allowing double progression" and while that works, it's a patch, rather than a change to the RAW
>>
>>51121238

Best way to build monk is sansetsukon + medusa's wrath and style strikes for unarmed attacks
>>
File: reaction765.png (74KB, 180x254px) Image search: [Google]
reaction765.png
74KB, 180x254px
>be career wizard
>decide for upcoming game to try something in the completely opposite direction
>GM lets me make a warforged brawler
>spec into anti-caster and CMB
>carve a jock-like hatred of all spellcasters into my backstory
>GM seemed fine with it at first but then he quickly realized
>I was able to easily take down 95% of his threats due to my ability to bully wizards
>team up with the druid to give naughty sorcerors and necromancers swirlies
>become increasingly aggressive towards wizards and begin outright suplexing them, breaking their spines and necks
>party of mostly spellcasters becomes increasingly worried
>party sorceror fireballs me
>nearly suplex him but stop myself at the last moment
>GM eventually realizes he cannot throw any spellcasters within 60 feet of me
>eventually get kicked out of the party for being too good at wizard bullying
>just re-roll a wizard cause fuck it

so how've GMs and parties crushed your dreams, /pfg/?
>>
Is it just me or was the Arcane Physician wizard kind of underwhelming?
>>
>>51121253
>stack with levels of any other classes
Not any other class features. You would have two different ones, since they come from different class features and not different classes
>>
>>51121253

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fn#v5748eaic9qqn
>>
>>51121255
Medusa's Wrath does seem pretty good, but I'm always tentative towards feats or spells with saves. Don't feel confident that what I'll attack will likely fail.
>>
>>51121290
in that case, the Cleric animal domain still stacks with both Sacred Huntmaster and the chivalry inquisition, since Inquisitor specifically advances cleric domain power progression.
>>
>>51121300

People act like Medusa's Wrath is shit, but dazing assault is a fucking thing
>>
File: need intensifies.gif (426KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
need intensifies.gif
426KB, 300x225px
>>51121278
>>spec into anti-caster and CMB
Color me interested, do you have a any tips and build advice for doing this? I am incredibly interested.
>>
>>51121193
It ain't about the size of the chest, but who they belong to.
>>
>>51121294
That would be relevant if we were trying to apply different animal companion type progressions, except we're. That deals with trying to get two different animals - we're just here for horses.
>>
>>51121301
Unless you multiclass, they still wouldn't stack since you are just getting another class feature that gives you an animal companion, not taking class levels that would give you an animal companion
>>
>>51121317
Grappling is your best bet, since unless they've got Freedom of Movement (either an expensive ring or a spell) a spellcaster of any type is pretty much doomed to failure for any major or iconic spells.
>>
>>51121278

???

There's nothing at all your DM could have done to challenge you? Seriously?
>>
File: 1447114859776.jpg (65KB, 468x577px) Image search: [Google]
1447114859776.jpg
65KB, 468x577px
>>51121325

Indeed, I was just having a little fun at seeing how true or false that "everyone's got huge tits" statement was!

Osanna's really growing on me, I hope she gets in so we can see her hope and optimism!
>>
>>51121316
Sure, only problem is a Monk can't get it until 15 (or 11 if they're Unchained).
>>
>>51121342
>not realizing that literally every spellcaster will have a spell that valuable at mid to high levels

laughingtetorimonk.png
>>
>>51121326

Either you get two animal companions, or you get one animal companion whose level is equal to your druid level.
>>
>>51121317
Brawler is broken as shit for CMB. Your brawler's cunning class skill lets you get literally any feat you qualify for temporarily, and the higher level you go, the more you can have on you at once. You can also swap this mid-combat. your signature move, brawler's flurry, lets you do multiple CMB maneuvers upon one or more hapless enemies within your range. Now that you can pick which CMBs to not get AOO upon, your next step is to spec into hamatula. Hamatula lets you FUCKING IMPALE SOMEONE ON YOUR FISTS when you punch them and get a free grapple. Combine this with pummeling style and pummeling charge and you now have a 60-foot long wizard-tripping heart-punching killer death robot that can trip a wizard prone, steal their component pouch, and impale them upon your fist for prime bullying. After you've suitably impaled them onto a grapple, you need only pin them to the ground and begin giving the most fearsome of noogies while your party rogue plays "connect the blood veins" with his knives.

>>51121351
Basically. The other players who were all spellcasters hated the fact that my character was programmed to hate spellcasters and only helped them begrudgingly. The only person he really got along with was the party rogue who was too busy skulking in and out of flower pots to stop the others from cursing me 9 times without telling me because "they didn't like me". Didn't even get to roll a save for it either. It was some real horseshit. The GM, in the meanwhile couldn't mechanically do much against me due to my 25 AC, +16 to wizard bullying and incredibly girthy healthpool mixed with just a dash of 1/adamantine DR. Warforged are broke, man.
>>
>>51121411

Brawler is shit, grapple is shit, and pummeling style is shit. Stop misleading people.
>>
File: No fun.jpg (259KB, 874x916px) Image search: [Google]
No fun.jpg
259KB, 874x916px
>>51121431
>>
>>51121463
>You don't pick shitty options? Wow, what a fun hating minmaxer.
>Hey, why am I not doing anything?
>>
>>51121411
>>51121278
>Emergency
>Force
>Sphere

Also Flying, and Freedom of Movement really isn't that expensive to get. Plus creating any form of difficult terrain or other terrain alteration (such as pits) can also mess your guy up
>>
>>51121411
>charge 60 feet
>wizard is flying 100 feet up
>wizard readies to cast create pit when you charge
>you fall in a pit
>wizard laughs
>>
>>51121431
Hey man. It may not be the best damage-wise, sure, but the ability to zip-punch someone and immediately rip their armor to shred and steal all of their belongings with a few well-placed adamantine punches was totally worth it. True, anti-spellcaster was basically all I did, but it was fun swapping to dragging-style once i'd grappled people and just walking to the bottom of a lake to drown them. Can't cast spells if you can't breathe, fuckboy.

>>51121488
Our GM opted not to use the spheres of power rule since they weren't too familiar with it, and they were running carrion crown, a paizo pre-fabbed. None of the NPCS thought ahead to bring freedom of movement.

>>51121506
It's kind of funny you say that. The GM actually sicked a flying wizard on us, but our party shaman just cast fly on me and I wound up pile-driving the flying little shit into the ocean using knockout blow. It was a good day.
>>
>>51121506
Yep.
>>
>>51121506
>>51121488
>>51121411
It sounds more like your GM and other players were very bad at playing spellcasters rather than Brawler or Warforged being particularly powerful. Decent sure, but not great.
>>51121431
Pummeling Style's amazing for its Stamina Trick, otherwise known as "literally Pounce".
>>
>>51121529

>emergency force sphere
>spheres of power

lmao
>>
>>51121486
You say that like a grapple focused build can't be powerful in its own right, which is just ignorant.

Yes, there's counters to it, but it can still contribute, and most importantly can actually be fun. The Strawman just hurts your credibility.
>>
>>51121411

This was a wasted opportunity. There should have been a bounty placed on your head. All the 1st level wizards, arcanists, druids etc show up to get your warforged.

With a party of 7 wizards, someone's eventually gonna get color sprayed
>>
>>51121548
Fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why the character is good, don't use it.
>>
>>51121570
Well now you're just memeing.

Anybody got that screencap?
>>
>>51120672
>>51120672
A-are any of them g-girls?
>>
>>51120128
I just finished reading through the preview, and it looks like you're probably missing the bigger picture. The sniping sphere stuff is all based on attack actions, as is the armiger, so with the Athletics sphere you have a character who can run up an ogre, backflip off its club, fire a super Vital Strike attack at an opponent that knocks their weapon out of their hand, then fire a double-crossbow attack, then throw a set a bolas at the enemy to tangle them up, all off one standard action attack and a move with some AoOs. It actually looks like very clever design, and I'm looking forward to getting more of the spheres so I can playtest it some more.
>>
>>51121548

Brawler floaty feats are garbage. Mutagen is much better if you're actually trying to succeed on combat maneuvers. Fighter, rogue, barbarian, slayer, druid, and wizard are all much better at combat maneuvers. Grapple is a garbage combat maneuver. Dirty trick is much better.
>>
File: redirect.jpg (96KB, 543x799px) Image search: [Google]
redirect.jpg
96KB, 543x799px
>>51121549
dunno what to tell ya. It'd be a great idea and I nearly bit it when the GM sicked literally 5 rust monsters at me then 20 burning skeletons right after. In the end, my warforged just got fed up being yelled at by the other spellcasters in the party, impaled the sorceror on a bastard sword and just walked away from it all leaving only a cursed ring on the blade as a trap (which the other greedy fuck fell for). The sorceror survived but I imagine he wasn't happy about it. In the end, I had a bit of fun and at much higher levels I imagine it'd be kind of fun to play a robotic version of saitama. But oh well. I'm playing a psychic now. Hope that works out.
>>
>>51121529
>Our GM opted not to use the spheres of power rule since they weren't too familiar with it
Where thehell did I mention Spheres of Power? Emergency Force Sphere is a Paizo spell you mongoloid.

>Carrion Crown
No wonder, Paizo APs are shittily designed.

> The GM actually sicked a flying wizard on us, but our party shaman just cast fly on me
See, that is a good thing sinc without said ally on your own you would've been boned, so that was less the Brawler being super good and more your party was actually playing smartly.
>>
>>51121601
Grapple is the best combat maneuver, what are you even talking about? It's not fucking Sunder.
>>
>>51121580

He's got a point though, fun is such a baseline thing that using it as an argument is dumb.

If everything is fun, than you need to use other reasons for preferring one thing over another.
>>
>>51120672
... it's size-based isn't it.
How many characters of a given size category can fit inside her square.

Or box, as the case may be.
>>
>>51121630
the trick is that it's the ENTIRE baseline for the argument.

"Grappling can be fun"
"No it's a shitty option, therefore unfun!"
"Nuh-uh"
"Yeah-huh"

It's the worst sort of back and forth because it's dealing with subjective shit.
>>
>>51121635

If my memory serves, Culdranth is a revolving door of kinks and "large insertions/gangbang" is not on her current or near-future list.
>>
>>51121614
Sorry, I'm not super-super familiar with every spell from it yet. I've only been playing pathfinder for a little while now so I haven't memorized 100% of the spells available. I thought it was spheres of power cause of how they formatted their greentext, having recalled seeing spheres of power being like the dragon words from skyrim and such. My bad.
>>
>>51121661
is it still a gangbang if only through all their powers combined do the kobolds make her feel like there's something at the entrance?
>>
File: 71b.jpg (40KB, 535x800px) Image search: [Google]
71b.jpg
40KB, 535x800px
>>51121664
>dragon words from skyrim
>language of magic
>can't even make your own spells
>>
New thread:
>>51121729
>>51121729
>>51121729
>>
>>51121707

That still counts as a gangbang since it's a whole lotta kobolds trying to stick it in a very large hole. That would technically count as decal(?) penetration.

Of course there's always the humanoid form that could reasonably accommodate maybe two/three kobolds.

Honestly this makes me wonder just what the most unusual lover Culdranth has taken to bed before while in humanoid form. Half-giant? Centaur?
>>
Serious question: Just finished playing the "Wolf Among Us" and liked the concept of fairy tale creatures being among us in "real-life."
>Would Pathfinder be a good fit for this?
I know Pathfinder's distinct classes and abilities might warp things and delving into the realm of magic might be tricky... But is it possible?
>>
>>51121791

Sure it's possible. The rules are kinda geared towards high fantasy so it might be wonky as hell, but yeah, totally possible.
>>
>>51121589
There is no reason to add the backflip (the only Athletics ability) in there other than taxing yourself for the sake of style.
>>
>>51121734
hmmm, an animu OP that isn't complete shit?
I will tentatively allow this
>>
>>51121950
Uh, have you seen the pic?
>>
>>51121956
Yeah, its around 75% less fapbait shit than the other OPs he posts, and the starting question text doesn't make me want to kill myself.

All things considered, its a major improvement in quality from his usual shit. Its still shit, but at least its not egregious enough to make me make another "True Edition" like I had last time.
>>
>>51122019
Dueling generals is bad.
>>
>>51114879
Mostly because it worked perfectly well already. It's almost identical in practice, save that if it's dispelled you have to spend an action in combat to reapply. Sure, we could add rules text to make that happen anyway, but... easier to just go with what's there already.
Plus, Chameleon Clause.
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.