[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 58

File: 582167451.jpg (249KB, 605x765px) Image search: [Google]
582167451.jpg
249KB, 605x765px
>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Vehk and Vehk

Previous kalpa: >>50942593
>>
File: herbalistsguidetoskyrim.png (1MB, 1288x912px) Image search: [Google]
herbalistsguidetoskyrim.png
1MB, 1288x912px
Do we have some good lore on alchemy and plants?
>>
>>51052981
I recall Daggerfall having a book on obscure plants and their cultural significance/alchemical use, a few guide books, and we can infer that plants harvested in diffent regions, even if they are apparently the same, can have their properties altered by climate based on things like Trauma Root having radically diffrent properties on Vvardenfell than Solsthime.

Aside from that, there's a few things in Nirnroot specifically and a theory on it's sudden abundance which names the ashfall from Red Mountain as a key component in the once hyper-rare plant becoming common.
>>
File: 1st of Rain's Hand.jpg (161KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1st of Rain's Hand.jpg
161KB, 1600x1200px
>>51052981
We have a huge missed opportunity in the case of Nirnroots. I find that the nuanced fluff of ES is just one giant missed opportunity. Thank god for obscure texts, forum posts and fanfiction.

>tfw alchemy will never be more than potion/poison manufacturing skill
>>
Ignoring

>Massive province full of people due to jungle environment and rice based economy

Is there anything Oblivion got wrong about Cyrodiil that isn't minor unreliable narrator type stuff?
>>
>>51053726
There's not much of a significant distinction between the rigid militant Colovians, the cosmopolitan Heartlanders, and the traditional mystic Nibenese. "Imperial" is a broad term for the post-Nedic race that inhabits Cyrodiil, not an ethnic identity. It's like saying all Dunmer are Telvanni mage-lords or all Bretons are Reachmen.

Also muh River-Guard.
>>
File: arkhaj.jpg (46KB, 388x649px) Image search: [Google]
arkhaj.jpg
46KB, 388x649px
>>51053467
Do you know the name of that Daggerfall books?
And where does the 'different properties based on climate' come from? It just seems to me like a difference in game mechanics and potion effects between Morrowind and Skyrim, unless it's actually mentioned in dialogue or a book.

>>51053706
>tfw alchemy will never be more than potion/poison manufacturing skill
What more could it be?
>>
>>51053974
Special Flora of Tamriel, by Hardin.

There's a revised version in Morrowind, and the original is in the Books, Books, Books mod for Skyrim also.
>>
>>51053993
>Dragon's Tongue is found in Skyrim, not in a swamp environment but among geysers
>Ironwood Nuts are absent
>Nightshade doesn't have 'fortify sneak' as a possible effect
Do Bethesda employees even read their own books?
>>
>>51054134
>implying they even care
Why bother with coding in lore-friendly Skyrim's breeds of lycantropes and vampires? Modern gamers will buy this shit anyway.

I AM SO FUCKING PISSED ABOUT WEREWOLVES INSTEAD OF WEREBEARS THOUGH. I mean, just different models, sounds, and animations. Same production costs. BUT NOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1349206161550.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1349206161550.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
>>51054313
>Volkihar were described as cool ass ice vampires dwelling under frozen lakes
>in Skyrim they're generic caslevania fuckers with Touhou EoSD plot thrown in
>>
>>51054313
They had a whole bunch of cool shit made up for the GameJam event in 2012, but they just didn't do anything with a lot of it.
>no spears
>no seasons
>no fast flowing water
>no swinging platforms
>no mudcrab god
>>
>>51054313
>they added Werebears
>there's one place where they spawn guaranteed and besides that they're a very rare encounter
>you can't become one
what a waste of resources to make them at all
>>
>>51054471
>no mudcrab god
Skar Jr.?
>>
>>51054471
I honestly feel that the game jam was made up of ideas more then fully fleshed out mechanics.

Seasons in particular was probably just one area that they gave four sets of decorations and swapped between them for the video.
>>
File: 1600px-OB-place-Cheydinhal.jpg (408KB, 1600x886px) Image search: [Google]
1600px-OB-place-Cheydinhal.jpg
408KB, 1600x886px
>>51053726
the distiction between Colovians and the Nibenese aren't well touched upon in Oblivion. Though, this seems to be true since "Imperials" were made to a race in Morrowind other than the Colovian Fur Helmet. The more traditional of the Nibenese could've retained more of the Akaviri culture they've integrated since the second era and Colovians could've been closer to the Nords though in the same sense as the Rus people are related to Scandinavians in a way.

Also, the architecture of Cheydinhal looks like it came straight out of High Rock despite the lore behind it stating it had some strong Dunmer/Nord influence to it.
>>
>>51054836
What do we know about emperor crabs besides the one we've seen in Ald'Ruhn?

Does ESO have any emperor crab skeletons? They're pretty good for housing. I can imagine them being pretty useful shelter in the swamps of Argonia or the deserts of Elsweyr.
>>
File: file.png (509KB, 555x905px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
509KB, 555x905px
>>51052981
The Daggerfall Companion has some stuff.
>>
got anything for me to doodle for a while /tgesg/?
>>
>>51055335
Mother Azura is scolding the children Tribunal, while Voryn Dagoth looks over the window, crying.
>>
>>51055335
ESO loremaster raping an ashlander.
>>
File: mspaintbittercoastshack.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mspaintbittercoastshack.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>51055335
A small shack. Can be in any environment.
>>
>>51055335
A Buoyant Armiger doing something sneaky and cool
>>
>>51053974
>What more could it be?
Esoteric.
>>
Why is it everyone constantly talks about the disapperance of the Dwemer like it's a mystery? I see comments/videos/posts constantly talking about 'the mystery of the dwemer' but we know pretty much what happened to them? Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>51056000
WE know, as in a bunch of neckbeards on a mongolian knitting forum.

In game, it is a mystery. Sven Meadface from Whiterun doesn't know what happened to the Dwemer.
>>
>>51055680
Outright transmutation via alchemical catalysts, changing metals and other materials, things like that. Creating materials that cannot otherwise be obtained. Soulgems, for instance, though i forget where they conventionally come from

Creating homonculi, golems, artificial creatures or beings

Dyes for gear

Material components to enhance or create spells, or for rituals
>>
File: 20170107_011756-1.jpg (581KB, 1879x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_011756-1.jpg
581KB, 1879x1152px
>>51055453
Skyrim shacks are comfy as fuck
>>
>>51056000
There's a difference between what's a mystery in the setting and what's a mystery to us.
Some in the setting know, like R'leyt-harhr, but most have no idea.
>>
>>51056137
>A sigil stone is a specimen of pre-Mythic quasi-crystalline morpholith that has been transformed into an extra-dimensional artifact through the arcane inscription of a daedric sigil. Though some common morpholiths like soul gems may be found in nature, the exotic morpholiths used to make sigil stones occur only in pocket voids of Oblivion, and cannot be prospected or harvested without daedric assistance.

Also we already have Alteration for transmutation. But yes, I agree, Alchemy is pretty bastardized compared to its RL counterpart.
>>
File: YYUldmD.jpg (92KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
YYUldmD.jpg
92KB, 500x438px
>>51056156
Comfy.
>>
>>51054413
Everything about Dawnguards vampire story was insipid. They should have just focused on rediscovering the last remnants of the Snow Elves.
>>
>>51056226
>badass group of vampire hunters get no focus
>focus instead on shitty waifu with cavernous vagina from molag bals spiky daedick
>>
>>51056226
>They should have just focused on rediscovering the last remnants of the Snow Elves.
They would royally fuck up this too.
>>
>>51056000
They simply don't know.
>>
File: 20170107_020345.jpg (197KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_020345.jpg
197KB, 2048x1152px
>>51055398
i kinda want to draw tiny tribunal just cause
>>
>>51056226
>no magic ice vampires
>no mention of other clans
>no explination for why no-one, including the Thalmor who built a fort that serves as an elven gulag right off the coast of the island Castle Volkreeeee is on, has ever noticed the GIANT FUCKING CASTLE in the Sea of Ghosts
>Special Super Vampire Armor is just the shitty robes you get off mages with a slight reskin and a bit of protection that is compleatly useless by the time you get to the Dawnguard content unless you just ignore everything and sprint straight into the Rift, probably dying several dozen times in the process
>There is a portal to the Soul Cairn just sitting there because the plot requires it. Don't worry about things like opening gates to the normal Oblivion realms, let alone a fucked up demi-plane of entropy, is almost impossible. Clearly the MILF Vamp just wanted it harder than all the other people who try to open gateways.
>New Werewolf content is just a skill line menu which requires grinding forever to advance on
>THE LAST LIVING FALMER ARE BARELY A FUCKING FOOTNOTE WHAT THE FUCK

If I didn't need it to get mods to work right, I honestly wouldn't have wasted the money on Dawnguard.
>>
Tell me about the Bretons.

If crossbreeding has the child the same race as the mother but with some of the father's traits, how can they be considered half elven?

How much do Bretons tolerate orcs? They keep attacking Orsinium but a lore book mentioned a Breton lord kept an orc named Tunner as part of his household and there was no problem with another Breton learning from the orc.

How did the conflict with Redguards and Bretons begin? What about Bretons and Nords?

Was Talos a Breton?

Have there ever been Breton Emperors or Empresses?

Why are Reachmen considered Bretons by some people but aren't by High Rock Bretons?
>>
>>51057001
>If crossbreeding has the child the same race as the mother but with some of the father's traits, how can they be considered half elven?
IIRC, it was a huge multi-generational eugenics project propagated by the Dirinni (I spelled that wrong) and the result was a gene pool saturated with so much vestigial elven influence that it sort of fucked up the natural order in terms of crossbreeding

>How much do Bretons tolerate orcs?
Depends on who you're talking to, but mostly they tolerate them as much as they have to. Not nearly as aggressive as the Dunmer or Nords in terms of their dislike for other races.

>How did the conflict with Redguards and Bretons begin? What about Bretons and Nords?
When the Redguards showed up in the Warrior Wave when Yokunda sunk, the RIP AND TEAR'd their way across Midwestern Tamirel, beating their way through, among other things, Ayylamos, Nedics, Bretons, and Orcs. Nords raped and pillaged their way to Atmora and back several times according to Frontier, Conquest, and the Reachmen, who are racially Bretons, have not had a very good time dealing with the aformentioned raping and or pillaging.

>Was Talos a Breton?
Yes but also no. Manteling is complicated.

>ave there ever been Breton Emperors or Empresses?
The Longhouse Emperors were Reachmen, who, racially if not quite culturally, are Bretons. They were not very nice people.

>Why are Reachmen considered Bretons by some people but aren't by High Rock Bretons?
Reachmen have a drastically different culture than most non-tribal Bretons.

Anything I got wrong, someone please correct me.
>>
>>51057001
>If crossbreeding has the child the same race as the mother but with some of the father's traits, how can they be considered half elven?
Generations of crossbreeding.
Obviously, Orcs are considered subhuman barbarians, but their strengths, for example in metallurgy, are still recongized.
>Was Talos a Breton?
Yes and no.
>How did the conflict with Redguards and Bretons begin?
Ra'Gada invasion.
>What about Bretons and Nords?
First Empire of the Nords' subjugation of High Rock.
>Have there ever been Breton Emperors or Empresses?
>The secondary reason for the lethargy of High Rock had to do with the depth of relations between the province and the Septim Empire. For the first time since the beginning of the Dynasty, an Emperor ruled Tamriel who was neither Breton nor had spent any of his childhood in High Rock. The difference between Cephorus II and his cousin Uriel IV who preceded him was appalling to the people of High Rock. Even mad Emperors like Pelagius III revered the Bretons over all other races, and cousins and younger siblings of the Emperors have ruled in High Rock since the foundation of the Empire. Cephorus was a Nord, with Skyrim and Morrowind sympathies.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Fall_of_the_Usurper
>Why are Reachmen considered Bretons by some people but aren't by High Rock Bretons?
They are mongrels even by Breton standards.
>>
>>51057205
>Longhouse Emperors
More of this ESO nonsense.
>>
>>51052921
Is that a Falmer?
>>
>>51056156
Did you just draw that? I like it.
>>
File: bretonarmor.jpg (75KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bretonarmor.jpg
75KB, 607x1080px
>>51056137
I like how you think. Some of those ideas step on the toes of other magic schools (Enchanting, Alteration, Conjuration) but it would definitely be cool if Alchemy would do more than just craft potions.
>>
File: ancientnordictower.jpg (177KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower.jpg
177KB, 1024x512px
>>51057247
Do you actually want more ESO fluff or do you mean that in a condescending way, 'ESO again with the bullshit'?
>>
File: ancientnordictower2.jpg (368KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower2.jpg
368KB, 1024x780px
>>51057476
I never took a good look at that thing on the left. What do you think it is /tgesg/?
>>
File: ancientnordictower3.jpg (141KB, 828x887px) Image search: [Google]
ancientnordictower3.jpg
141KB, 828x887px
mandatory
>tfw Adam died
before anyone else does it
>>
>>51057476
The latter.

>>51057497
Looks like it's the same type of thing as the one in the center on the left side of the bridge. The vertical slit looks like it could be an arrowslit, but the things themselves are way too narrow for this.
Maybe just some astronomy-related structure, with sunlight passing through the hole pointing to a certain location.
>>
>>51057311
Saint Veloth. Possibly.
>>
>>51057001
your first question pretty much answered your last one. Reachmen are Reachmen because they are of Breton decent mixed with some other races siuch as Norda for example ,thus not exactly Bretons. Bretons are still considered half-elf because their ancestors had elven fathers bred with human mothers but due to how genetics works in TES, the child would take from their mothers first before their father for their traits. Plus, Reachmen never even consider themselves Bretons in the first place
They tolerate Orcs as much as anybody would and it varies from whom to whom. They're not a collective so, that one guy who got an Orc to live in his houshold and those who fuck up Orsinium a bazillion times have different levels of tolerance

The Ra'Gada invasion happened after the Redguards at the time fucked up Yokuda sideways by literally splitting an atom with a sword and the navies who first set afoot in Tamriel were the warriors who wanted to "make way" for the royal families to settle in after. The fighting between the native Bretons ensued long until the latter managed to finally kick their shit in. The Redguards value strong opponents so, they had their respect from then on. As for the Nords, it's the usual politics and the wars with the Reachmen if you consider them Bretons as well. Otherwise, they get along well

Talos being a Breton is pretty complicated. You could say he was before the Mantling happened but then again, it's compicated.

Bretons have been, in fact, a large part of the Septim Dynasty as many Emperors have been Breton. Pelagius III was one of those Breton emperors apparently.
>>
>>51052981
http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Special_Flora_of_Tamriel
>>
>>51057859
Speaking of Morrowind, how vital is efficient levelling (I.e. level up endurance first, get 10 levels of major or minor and 20 level of misc each level) to it? Is it something that is just entirely unnecessary or does it make the game that much easier?
>>
>>51057993
You'll be very powerful by the end of the game no matter what your build is, for the most part.
>>
>>51056196
>>51057384
Thanks. I'm not sure there's a problem with an overlap - and even then, if there is an overlap at all. Presumably the representation of these concepts through Alchemy would be more scientifically based, as opposed to magical. Given, everything in TES is magical to some degree, but isn't there room for comparatively mundane versions of these things?

I am not advocating for functionally identical game mechanics or anything like that; ideally the overlap would be in concept only, though some similarities, or even mundane methods to duplicate magical results, could be quite interesting in the correct context.

All the same, I recognize that the draw of TES is its mystery, and the magic therein; I would suggest, of course, that these Alchemic means still be somewhat obscure and arcane in their representation to the player.
>>
>>51057001
It depends, generally they do not tolerate them, though cities on the coast will be more cosmopolitan. The case with Tanner was also abnormal, seeing as the Lord HAD to learn Orcish fighting.

Orsimeri-Breton relations were not very good at that time. They seemed to be good-ish for a while following the Warp in the West, especially in regards to Wayrest.
>>
File: tumblr_obt58gNKfM1qjo609o9_1280.jpg (498KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obt58gNKfM1qjo609o9_1280.jpg
498KB, 1280x853px
>>51057587
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Veloth.
>>
>>51059287
That's some dedication there.

Just need that Almalexia to hold a bowl with little triangles of cheese, now.
>>
>>51059287
what is it with russians and morrowind?
>>
File: tumblr_nwkxzfAR1K1tipvuzo1_1280.jpg (507KB, 1000x711px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwkxzfAR1K1tipvuzo1_1280.jpg
507KB, 1000x711px
>>51059337
Russian TES fans are the best.
I wish there was more overlap between the English-speaking community and the Russian community.
I want to know what they talk about, and if they've developed a different view of lore than we have.

>>51059435
Slavs seem to excel at cosplay and LARPs.
>>
>>51059467
There's a big French lore community too. They have their own website that has a ton of the more obscure texts compiled that you can't easily find anywhere else.
>>
File: tumblr_m2v799Jtzh1qgb1o5o1_1280.jpg (289KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2v799Jtzh1qgb1o5o1_1280.jpg
289KB, 1024x512px
>>51057517
Just found out he died only last night while searching for TES art.

This pic is so comfy to me for some reason.
>>
>>51057497
>>51057572
I think it's a candle slit. Like a lamppost.
Unidirectional because temple structures are weird like that.
>>
>>51059848
>Unidirectional because temple structures are weird like that.
Maybe for signaling to other such towers in chain?
>>
>>51057993
It's more important if you plan to play a mage, doubly so an Altmer, because if you aren't careful you can wind up very squishy and then you're one reflected spell away from instant death. Otherwise, you can usually just potion your way through anything that isn't getting one-shotted by somebody with an orcish warhammer.

Personally I just use GCD instead. It makes attributes improve organically as you level your skills, in addition to removing stat caps, although leveling speed tapers off sharply at high skill levels, especially for minor and misc skills, so you'll find you need to fill the bar two or three times to actually level a misc skill into the 60-70+ range.
>>
>>51059997
I was thinking more like it's a tomb, so it's meant to guide you inside, not outside and away, but yours sounds more interesting.
>>
>>51059997
Kind of small to be a signal fire. Unless it's signaling like a close village like "the deed is done".
>>
>>51059702
Yeah, they have a site that's like TIL.
I'm sure there's some Asian lore communities as well, but I don't know anything about them. I just know there's the English community, the Russians, and the French (overlaps with the English-speaking community).
>>
I just realized the setting I've been designing for the last month or so is basically Morrowind, stretched and shifted a bit.
>>
File: TEF Core (1).pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TEF Core (1).pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51059435
You see, Morrowind has a lot of parallels with Russia.

Natives dislike all people that bear marks of other cultures, even if they were born that country.
Most of their country is barely fit for people to live there. Not that it stops them.
Other countries think that natives are angry and dangerous.
Everyone blames the Empire for their shitty lives.
Church has a LOT of political power.
Successful people mostly are thieves and murderers, especially in those ruling houses.

And, of course, general aesthetics. One moment you are in the middle of a glorious city full of scholars and magic, another moment you are in a shithole hamlet, surrounded by alcoholics and junkies.
Also, somewhat unrelated fact. Recently, there was a release of a russian Fate conversion for Morrowind. And it's just DRIPPING with essence of russian TES community. It's... quite a read.
>>
>tfw there's a whole world of deep lore insight, headcanons and memes out of reach for anglophones
>>
>>51060495
Now you understand how people of Nirn feel about dwemer.
>>
>>51060538
"Ah, yes, an expedition was sent to uncover eras old vintage dwemer memes... dwememes, if you will... still haven't heard from them."
>>
>>51059037
But the guy who learned orcish armor fighting wasn't the orc's master, it was the guys cousin who had the orc employed. And the Lord didn't even know he had an orc in his service until after the duel was announced.
>>
>>51056822
dawww
>>
>>51060495
I wonder if they've come to the same general conclusions as us on most things or if there's some prominent fan theory out there in Russian that makes them think about the lore completely differently.
>>
>>51061815
I bet they have tons of sload fanfics that are community canon.
>>
File: consider vivec.png (823KB, 639x577px) Image search: [Google]
consider vivec.png
823KB, 639x577px
>>51061815
Trouble is, some languages actually miss out on lore significance because Tamrielic language is effectively english.

>when you view the wheel on its side, it becomes I
this idea, for example, only works in english because a sideways wheel represents a line, or the english letter I, which is also an english word representing the self.
>>
>>51060050
I wanted an unmodded playthrough.

I mainly wanted an Orc Battlemage (I mentioned making this character before in tgesg I think) with the Atronach.

My idea was to rush to Balmora to make spells as fast as possible. Pick Conjuration as major skill for the Ancestor Ghost, and then use a spear bought from Arrile to grind Spear on the Ghost, re-summon the Ghost to get 10 Conjuration levels and then pick Endurance+Intelligence until I max out Endurance. Once it's maxed out, (and probably Conjuration will be maxed out too by then) I'll grind Strength with Axe and Agility with Shortblade. And I can always grind Willpower by making a 1 magicka Destruction/Mysticism Spell and spamming it.

Not sure how to grind Block and Heavy Armour though, or Armorer.

Also how useful is Destruction for damage? I heard Mysticism is just as good by using Absorb Health and you can also do stuff like teleport and whatnot with Mysticism.
>>
>>51062699
>Block and Heavy Armour though, or Armorer.
Stand in shallow water. Find fishy. Check back every two minutes or so.
>>
>>51062456
Well even in non English languages a single hatch mark is a good way to communicate one, which is singularity which can be easily understood as oneness = self, I.

It can work in non-English.
>>
>>51062456
Is Tamrielic canonically English or is it its own language and the games are just presented to us in earth languages for obvious reasons?
>>
I can't find a solid source on this, but how do half-Bosmer work? Are they still restricted by the Green Pact?
>>
>>51063092
Yes, the latter.
>>
>>51063154
If they chose to be. If they don't, they would likely be ostracized.
>>
>>51063092
Nothing new here, but there's a guy on TIL who has done a ton of conlanging on Tamrielic languages. It's pretty neat, if you're into that sorta thing. Hrafnir's languages.
>>
So if the green pact is what keeps bosmer in one shape, does that mean the weirder-looking bosmer with antlers and shit are the ones who have broken/begun neglecting the pact?
>>
>>51063739
The Green Pact isn't what gives the Bosmer their shape.
>>
>>51063981
Though it is how they show their reverence for it.
>>
>>51063739
No, if you look at Morrowind concept art you'll see a note that male Bosmer are like fae without glamour to pretty them up.
It's just how they are.
>>
>4E 202
>Not wanting to be double-teamed by Azura and Meridia
>>
>>51064056
>>51063739
>Fae
The Fey was a female of some kind in Daggerfall, but that's all I know of.

Are there Fae in TES?
>>
>>51064550
No, not really. There's Ehlnofey.
>>
>>51064550
Bosmer are pretty damn fey
>>
>>51064550
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:The_Faerie
>>
>>51064600
Forgot to add that the point of posting this book is not the classifications in it, but rather the listing of these races
>>
>>51064550
The Fey is not actually in Daggerfall.
>>
I know this might be the wrong crowd to ask this, but like how Oblivion got stuff wrong, what did Morrowind get wrong lore-wise?
>>
>>51064563
>>51064599
>>51064600
>>51064691
>>51064703
Thank you all kindly.

Here's another question: What exactly are the practices and purpose of the Imperial Cult? As in, how does worship of the 9 Divines (Under proper Imperial Cult sanctioning) occur? Is it bargaining with the divine? All about self improvement? Pay the gods so nothing fucks up? Or what?
>>
File: Bosmer concept.jpg (211KB, 708x798px) Image search: [Google]
Bosmer concept.jpg
211KB, 708x798px
>>51064746
>>51063739
I was lazy then, but found the concept art mentioned
>>
>>51064733
Interesting question I don't quite know the answer to.
I'd look for inconsistencies between Morrowind and PGE1.

Most of the things that had been established in Arena were succeeded by Daggerfall, and most of the inconsistencies between Daggerfall and Morrowind that I can think of are actually sort of resolved in Redguard.

Off the top of my head, Red Mountain is called Dagoth Ur in Arena (and possibly Daggerfall?), and I think the volcano itself is called Vvardenfell in Redguard. There's possibly also some inconsistencies between the pre-Morrowind dev roleplays and the actual game, especially on topics like lifespan.
>>
>>51064733
Nothing, really. Morrowind was the first mainline game to really establish the setting.

>>51064746
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/shezarr-and-divines
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/reflections-cult-worship-empire
>>
>>51064746
Read 'For my Gods and Emperor.'
>>
>>51064914
Strictly speaking, if you want to point out a cutoff line between old and new TES lore, that should be Redguard.
>>
>>51065088
Yes, definitely. Morrowind is just the first numbered title to utilize it. For the most part, the same people who made (the lore of) Redguard/wrote the PGE1 would go on to make Morrowind.
>>
File: tumblr_nkt5idK10X1t3fruoo3_1280.jpg (551KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkt5idK10X1t3fruoo3_1280.jpg
551KB, 1280x1024px
>>51055007
>the distiction between Colovians and the Nibenese aren't well touched upon in Oblivion
Or at all.

Morrowind may have only had the Colovian Fur Hat, but concept art showed they had plans for Colovian/Nibenese armor.
>>
File: 1391173535217.jpg (147KB, 868x920px) Image search: [Google]
1391173535217.jpg
147KB, 868x920px
>>51060248
Well, that's not very useful, is it? Not all of us can be expert hack.. ehm, cyrillic-fluent overlords.
>>
File: 45960-2-1425694918.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
45960-2-1425694918.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
If they made a TES:Cyrodiil, would it take place in Oblivion?
>>
>>51065223
TESO takes place in Coldharbor, so I don't see why not.
>>
Has anyone run campaigns in UESRPG 3rd?

I was thinking of trying to drag my normie friends into it since they all love Skyrim, and I'd be interested to hear stories/advice.

Was thinking of setting it a few years after Skyrim in Black Marsh/Elsweyr/Valenwood, with the Empire falling and getting assfucked.
>>
>>51064787
>all women gorgeous
>all men have lost their power of glamour
Kind of glad they ended up looking the same, a fantasy race inexplicably having hot women and monstrous men that look nothing like them is a really played out trope
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 196x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 196x258px
>>51066249
What about a race with inexplicably hot men and monstrous women that look nothing like them?
>>
>>51065223
What game is that image from?
>>
>>51067393
Oblivion with the "Most is Endless Jungle" mod.
>>
>>51067434
i find that mod a bit disappointing at best. It felt like the guy just put in more of the vanilla trees, shrubs and a few coconut palms in it to while it still feels like Vanilla Oblivion. If he wanted to make it look more like a jungle he could've made model replacements for structures and ruins or looking at the FarCry games for examples of that. Though this should only extend to the Heartlands and Nibenay rather than farther to Colovia or at least parts of it since some places like Bruma and Chorrol are close to Skyrim
>>
>>51066570
Much less played out but would still need an explanation
If you can easily tell that the real reason is because a dev wanted to make a race of weird ugly people but didn't have the guts to make his preferred gender unfappable, the concept has not been implemented well
>>
>>51065245
Speak freely, friend.
>>
So did the Nerevarine really served his purpose as the prophesies foretold? he also supposed to bring promise and prosperity back to the dunmer people in Morrowind, driving out all the invaders... only to have the island explode and them getting fucked sideways by two wars. Was he really just a pawn of Azura to exact revenge against the Tribunal and their worshippers? Does Dagoth Ur have anythjng to do with her plans?
>>
>>51070131
Perhaps the prophecy is talking about a far longer time period than people would initially assume?
>>
>>51070131
Under Tribunal, Dunmer grew soft, essentially becoming like their dumb Altmer brethren. The Red Year was needed to Make Morrowind Great Again.
Don't forget, overcoming shit like this is the cornerstone of the original, Velothian Dunmer culture.
>>
>>51062699
Destruction spells are cheaper, since Absorb is pretty much the most expensive way of doing damage there is. Unless you're injured you should be using conventional spells to save magicka. Long-duration low magnitude frost spells are effective and efficient against most living targets. Fire damage is the cheapest, but loads of things resist fire in Morrowind. Tons of things resist poison too, and it's an expensive effect, so don't bother with it.
>>
>>51071625
?
>>
File: Oblivion Orrery.jpg (306KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion Orrery.jpg
306KB, 1024x768px
>>51071663
Wrong board, sorry.
>>
File: vvardenfell eso.jpg (2MB, 2304x2560px) Image search: [Google]
vvardenfell eso.jpg
2MB, 2304x2560px
>>51065137
Most of that showed up though.
>>
>>51071865
Have they finally added vvardenfell?
>>
File: expected.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
expected.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>51071865
>Seyda Need is a carbon copy of Morrowind one, down to every single building
>>
File: tes lore.png (379KB, 1078x729px) Image search: [Google]
tes lore.png
379KB, 1078x729px
>>51071887
Q2 probably (since it'd be Morrowind's 15th birthday)
>>
>>51071865

What is going on in that map?
Especially those lines around Kogoruhn and that...thing slightly east of Balmora.
>>
>>51071908
It's a dev map, things are unfinished.
>>
>>51071904
If they add an accurate, and good vvardenfell zone, that may just break me. I've been gaming free for months now, but damn that would be tempting.
>>
File: funny followers2.jpg (549KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
funny followers2.jpg
549KB, 1600x900px
>>51071926
Well
https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4wv5a1/datamined_vvardenfell_info_new_quest_info/
Here's what we know so far. That map shows that things are apparently gonna be pretty accurate
>>
>>51071947
This... seems pretty good.
>>
File: ignore.jpg (117KB, 499x396px) Image search: [Google]
ignore.jpg
117KB, 499x396px
>>51071865
These fuckers just couldn't resist it, could they.
Literally worse than Hjalti.
>>
>>51072093
It's not actually that bad. Anything post-vanilla tends to be good lore. Heck, I've actually enjoyed a lot of ESO more than I did parts of Skyrim.
>>
>>51071947
fucking reddit, upvoting comments past the information.

Will it be a PvP zone?
>>
>>51072130
Thankfully no, it looks to be like Orsinium, another bigass story zone.
>>
>>51072144
Okay, safely dropped then. PvP in vvardenfell would have brought me back.
>>
>>51072108
>Anything post-vanilla
So paid content
>>
>>51072158
You can duel anyone anywhere
>>
File: teleleports behind u.jpg (824KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
teleleports behind u.jpg
824KB, 1920x1080px
>>51072158
PvP is dumb.

>>51072161
More or less, but zones with ESO tend to be full expansion packs.
>>
>>51072187
I don't want consensual PvP. I want to roam around messing with people who don't want no trouble. Archeage was great before it was ruined.
>>
>>51072210
Go play EVE then.
>>
>>51072221
Like I said, I'm clean. Just the thought of messing stupid Questers up in vvardenfell could have dragged me back in.
>>
>>51072200
Dungeon packs are ESO's future
>>
File: fucking otherkin.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fucking otherkin.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>51072244
It seems like we'll get one a year, but we get a bunch of other expansion-tier stuff as well, so I'm fine with things.
>>
>>51072144
>ESO has better waifus but no mods

Man /tesg/ must be driven insane.
>>
Will we see Dagoth Ur again or is gone for good?
>>
>>51072401
Probably as a raid boss.
>>
>>51072447
No Red Mountain in ESO's version. It's Telvanni centric, with Sotha Sil as a preview at the end most likely.
>>
>>51072108
>I've actually enjoyed a lot of ESO more than I did parts of Skyrim
That's not saying much.
>>
>>51072615
True, but I've actually been enjoying ESO a lot in general. Bosses are fun, sneaking and murdering citizens is fun. It's got a charm to it these days.
>>
>>51072658
I thought Bethesda hired you, not Zenimax
>>
>>51072658
How much do they pay you for this shilling, Dreamboy?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160313_033402.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160313_033402.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>51072686
>>51072711
Stop that. The different games have their different strengths. ESO is fun, more or less, and has actually introduced some interesting concepts. Don't be like /tesg/.
>>
>>51072726
Honestly tried it last month after seeing /tesog/ ending up better and more stable, it was quite comfy. Lesbians everywhere though.
>>
>>51072686
Trainwiz got hired?

I'm happy for you, but can't help feeling that this marks a drastic decrease in quality for his mods, of he ever releases any again.
>>
File: baladas.png (337KB, 522x574px) Image search: [Google]
baladas.png
337KB, 522x574px
>>51072726
>comes into a LORE thread with in-game screens and sings praises to a videogame gameplay
>while being employed by a company affliated with this game
>expects not to be called out for shilling
Fuck off.
>>
>>51072726
Don't get me wrong, I was one of those who brought /tesog/ back to life back in the day, and I was leader of its PC guilds, but the amount of jewing in the game kept me from playing it anymore...
>>
Had to install morrowind again. So far I'm including morrowind overhaul and necessities of morrowind. What else to have max immersion? Something nice and non fur/degenerate.
>>
>>51072815
Tamriel rebuilt
>>
>>51072806
That's the thing, there is actually lore. They acknowledge the mananauts more than the main series. We even got lore for animated armors, something I've been wanting for a while.
>>
>>51072806
He's right, stop being an asshole and don't turn this into /tesg/.
>>
>>51072828
Yeah but it also gave lore for canon dwemer making waifu robots, which just opens up a whole can of worms.
>>
>>51072825
I'm afraid of that one. I've tried it many years ago and am wanting to keep my hype pure. Is it compatible with the overhaul? Also should I first install TR or overhaul?
>>
What are you working on trainwiz?
>>
>>51072828
>We even got lore for animated armors, something I've been wanting for a while.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chimarvamidium
>>
>>51072828
>birdkikefags get thrown a bone
>10/10 LORE FUN GAMEPLAY BUY THIS GAME NOW
Really now.
>>51072851
I'm not the one who brought vidiyaposting here in the first place. Perhaps it's exactly what should stay in, you know, a videogame board.
>>
>>51072882
>dwemer mechs, dwemer posing as mechs, the same as actual animated armor
Did you ever read that story? I'm talking animated armors, not golems and atronachs.
>>
>>51072887
>Perhaps it's exactly what should stay in, you know, a videogame board.

You first, if you act like an asshole you should stay in the asshole quarantine boards.
>>
>>51072898
I don't know what you meant with "animated armors", sorry, as I said, I haven't played that thing in a while
>>
>>51072887
It is unreasonable to expect no Vidya posting in a thread about the Canon lore of a series of Vidya. You're being unreasonable.
>>
File: leave me and my cocks in peace.png (27KB, 530x573px) Image search: [Google]
leave me and my cocks in peace.png
27KB, 530x573px
>>51072880
Adding voices to dwemer spectres, fixing a few bugs with WoL and Blackreach Railroad, and trying to come up with a reason why all seven dwemer spectre bosses apparently know each other.

>>51072887
Jesus christ man, it's fun and has some good contributions to the lore. Stop acting like a cunt.
>>
>>51072948
What are you doing for Bethesda though? Or is that under a NDA?
>>
>>51072887
But he's not vidya posting, just the images are the game.
>>
>>51072968
I doubt he'd risk his position telling us. We know they're not doing TES for a while though.
>>
File: 1430678458472.jpg (25KB, 250x205px) Image search: [Google]
1430678458472.jpg
25KB, 250x205px
>>51072923
It's one thing when there's occasional vidiyaposting when it is actually related to a topic in question, and another when the thread becomes /tesg/-lite.
>>51072985
...and "ESO is totally good guise" in every other post.
>>
>>51073026
It becomes /tesg/-lite when you bitch and moan and start drama like this.
>>
>>51073026
the only gameplay points were about combat, which were brought from an anon not trainwiz.
I get you weren't able to get a successful bait in tesg, but if you feel the need to shit up tg too, you seriously need to rethink life.
>>
>>51073026
I've seen him post about teso only in response to comments about it or questions. Fuck off.
>>
>>51072948
>why seven dwarves know each other
Seriously
You're seriously missing the joke there?
>>
>>51073120
Hah. I second this. And a snow white boss fight.
>>
>>51073120
I got that, but I meant WHY they're together. The most I'm going with is they were all part of some council on Skyrim (since it includes Mzark and a few other tonal architects). I have each of them have a puzzle box that leads to some forgotten observatory, the question is now figuring out what the fuck is all going on there.
>>
>>51073159
Can they all be tonal architects, or people who would sit on a dwemer council? Maybe they make this observatory and then are told to stop for reasons that are built up to be mysterious, but then it just turns out it was because the dwemer on vvardenfell built it and they didn't want to waste resources.
>>
>>51073159
>>51073120
The council of seven was formed to secure, protect and study a Falmer princess during the first era as a part of a deal to ensure the safety of the falmer citizens. could throw in hunted by a nordic witch or something . She was used to develop the idea of turning feeding fungi to render the Falmer blind. Her remains are in a glass casket
>>
>>51072161
Good to know they're on par with the rest of the series in that aspect.
I always thought it was pretty fucking depressing how the only way they seem to be able to sneak in cool lore shit and expand on it is trough DLCs completely disconnected from the main game as to not offend the casuals.
>>
Tell me about the Imperials.

Bretons are Atmoran-Mer hybrids, Nords are Atmoran descendants, and Redguards are from Yokuda. Did the Imperials descend from Atmorans like the Nords? Are their physical differences due to the differences in Cyrodiil from Skyrim?

Do the Imperials actually form Roman Legion-esque phalanxes?

Do other races serve specialized roles in the Legion? Orcs as smiths, Altmer as battlemages, etc.

I've heard Imperials crossbreed with other races very often, is this true?

What's the main difference between Colovians and Nibenese?

A Nord's ancestors are smiling at them. Can Imperials say the same?
>>
Wasn't Vvardenfell pretty much sealed off at the time of ESO, except for a few temple holdings and ashlanders?
>>
>>51075738
Exactly. Although Balmora was there, though most likely not nearly as large as in the time of TES3.
>>
>>51074103
As I remember the Imperials were Nord descendants who lived in Cyrodiil and were turned slaves.

Yes.

While not strict, the Empire does use natural born talent for filling roles as you mentioned.

"Often" might be a strong word. But of course it would happen when a race of diplomats live in the center of the continent.

I don't know too much about the cultural differences. Nibenese had Elvin inspired architecture?

>implying Nords matter

Hopefully you can find more about them in the Imperial Library or another Anon can help.
>>
File: 1424806491846.png (39KB, 559x542px) Image search: [Google]
1424806491846.png
39KB, 559x542px
>>51074103
>Bretons are Atmoran-Mer hybrids, Nords are Atmoran descendants, and Redguards are from Yokuda. Did the Imperials descend from Atmorans like the Nords? Are their physical differences due to the differences in Cyrodiil from Skyrim?
The Out of Atmora theory "has been widely discredited" according to Hasphat Antabolis. So, Imperials are most likely descendants of those Men who didn't leave to Atmora (Nedes)
Colovians have some Nordic blood in them though.
>Do the Imperials actually form Roman Legion-esque phalanxes?
Judging by their equipment, yes. I can't remember any explicit mentions of formations used by the Legion.
>Do other races serve specialized roles in the Legion? Orcs as smiths, Altmer as battlemages, etc.
Most likely not, but they probably tend to gravitate to positions most suited for their race in general.
>I've heard Imperials crossbreed with other races very often, is this true?
Heartlanders - sure. Imperial colonists - sure. Hardcore Nibenese/Colovians - probably not.
>What's the main difference between Colovians and Nibenese?
This is a fucking broad topic. A lot of cultural differences.
>A Nord's ancestors are smiling at them. Can Imperials say the same?
Joke's on you, Nords don't have souls.
>>
>>51074103
For essential Colovia/Nibenay lore, take a look at this:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil

People at Province:Cyrodiil have written a lot of nice lore on this matter too.
>>
So I'm playing ESO, and I'm fighting Twilight Maidens and Dark Seducers as well as other daedra that serve Molag Bal. I must be thinking wrong, because I'm sure Twilight Maidens serve Azura, Dark Seducers serve Sheogortath etc. How come they're serving Molag Bal or is it a case of where lesser daedra can go and serve whomever they want?
>>
>>51076398
There was a precedent of a certain Winged Twilight being Molag Bal's "daughter" in Morrowind.
Sadly, that one got on Bal's bad side.
>>
>>51076398
Seducers have a long, proud history of switching sides at the slightest provocation. Iirc they've also served Nocturnal and Dagon in the past.
>>
>>51076398
I heard that the entirety of ESO takes place in Coldharbour which is the explanation for why certain things are "wrong" or why nothing in it will ever affect the main series. So that might explain it.

Or alternatively, because the game designers got lazy.
>>
>>51076511
As much as I loathe ESO, this particular thing is not wrong.
>>
>>51076447
Interestingly, in Daggerfall Azura is an ally of Molag Bal.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>51076589
How did that partnership come about? They seem like complete polar opposites, or was this when the ES Lore wasn't fully fleshed our?
>>
File: stupid sexy sheogorath.jpg (34KB, 484x712px) Image search: [Google]
stupid sexy sheogorath.jpg
34KB, 484x712px
>>51076662
No fucking idea. Maybe Azura just likes Molad Bal because he destroyed Vivec's godpussy.
Oblivion politics are fucking complex. For example, Molag Bal is Mephala's Ally, but Mephala is Molag Bal's Enemy.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Oblivion
>>
So I've finished the main story of ESO. What does Meirida imply to the vestige that other Daedric Princes are watching the Vestige. Do the Daedra watch Tamriel like a reality show in their Oblivion planes or something? Also, Has there been any indication to what is going to happen in the future regarding story content. I haven't played any of the DLCs yet, so my answer may be in there.
>>
>>51076662
Absolutely the latter.

>>51076745
Yes, they do. There's supposedly going to be some big daedric war in the future.
>>
Give me some Quagmire inspirations, /tgesg/. From what I understand, it could rock Hellraiser stylistics, right?
Let me post some old concept art in the meanwhile.
>>
>>51076859
>>
>>51076886
>>
>>51076906
>>
>>51076859
Google "Wayne Barlowe"
>>
File: Quagmire_3_by_Tamriel_Rebuilt.jpg (69KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
Quagmire_3_by_Tamriel_Rebuilt.jpg
69KB, 600x718px
>>51076920
>>
>>51076924
Much appreciated!
>>
>>51076851
>Yes, they do. There's supposedly going to be some big daedric war in the future.
How do Daedra go to war? They can't die and I'm not sure if their realms can be destroyed? I just wonder what the end game of a daedra war can be. As it seems Meirida only managed to weaken Molag Bal in ESO
>>
>>51077088
There's territory, prestige, lunar currency and followers both mortal and daedric at stake.

>Your lore of those disparate beings that you lump together as "daedra" is based on nothing -- lies and half-truths told by traitors, rebels, miscontents and weaklings who have had the misfortune to become involved with mortals.
>Do you think you know anything of the politics, factions, feuds, vendettas, wars of Oblivion? Do you think Oblivion such a simple place, that the tale of the loyalties of a great people such as the Mazken could be encompassed in a brief tale?
>>
>>51077088
Read up on what happened in Battlespire.
>>
>>51056137
+Bombs n' shit.
>>
>>51077088
I believe a Daedric Prince and his/her/its realm are tied together and are ultimately one and the same so the Princes have a pseudo-cold war with no one else actually "entering" anyone else's house, lest they combine in some way (IE, if Mephala merges her realm with that of Nocturnal, thus "entering" it, Mephala becomes more like Nocturnal and Nocturnal more like Mephala) Given this, I imagine Daedric politics are a based on territory in The Void and bizarre games of keep away and the threat of tag.

And of course sending mortals and lesser Daedra, who have their own stupidly complex politics because none of them can actually die, into the meat grinder to act as semi-willing pawns.
>>
>>51077467
Plus, there's empty space occupied by no one.
>>
File: deep lore.jpg (1MB, 2000x1381px) Image search: [Google]
deep lore.jpg
1MB, 2000x1381px
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>51077684
Ebony?
>>
>>51077715
you guys win with your first guess gg

>>164885909
>>
File: Telvanni_Wizard.jpg (221KB, 850x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Telvanni_Wizard.jpg
221KB, 850x1081px
>>51077738
I wasn't aware there was a competition.
>>
You are a sellsword. The victor of dozens of battles and a veteran of many campaigns. One night after passing out drunk on the floor of a tavern from too much ale, you are approached in your dreams by a being from beyond the realm of Mundus, a Daedric Prince. They offer you immortality and powers far beyond that of a normal man. In exchange, you will serve as their champion, leading their armies in wars both bloody and ceaseless and be called upon whenever your prince wishes it. Who is your master and why?
>>
>>51078185

Sanguine. Because I bet leading his armies is a ton of fun.
>>
Do we actually know the meaning behind the insults used in Morrowind? Fetcher and N'Wah specifically. They don't seem to be racial slurs, because they're used against other dunmer as well.
>>
>>51078429
Fetcher as in one who fetches, as in a slave. N'wah means, you guessed it, foreigner, slave, or both. B'vehk is simply "by Vehk." S'wit is something like "halfwit."
>>
>>51078429
Fetcher kinda seems like "fucker" and I remember seeing somewhere that n'wah is a slang for outlander
>>
>>51078519
>>51078552
Ah, alright then, many thanks muthseras.
>>
Were the Dunmer aware of the origins of the ALMSIVI tribunal? Did they know they were once the same species and that the changed appearances is because of them. How easy was it to convert most of the population as well? And finally what was it about the ALMSIVI that was appealing over the three daedra? Sorry for the thousands of questions as well.
>>
>>51078807
>Did they know they were once the same species and that the changed appearances is because of them.

>Do you carry any books that deal with the ancient time, like before the Tribunal came, when everyone looked different?
>Dorisa: If I didn't know you were an outlander... You must never speak of that.
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-3-booksellers

>Chimer -- literally "the People of the North," an archaic and poetic usage -- were the Elven tribes who followed the prophet Veloth out of the southwest of Tamriel to settle in the lands now known as Morrowind. Dunmer fable says that before their skin turned dark with the Curse, the Dark Elves were known as the Chimer.

>And finally what was it about the ALMSIVI that was appealing over the three daedra?
>The Temple regards the Daedra as powerful ancestor spirits, similar to the Tribunal, but weaker and more capricious. Before the Tribunal, the Daedra were worshipped as gods by the Dunmer, but were undeserving of this veneration, since they harmed their followers as often as they helped them. When they became gods, the Tribunal became the Protectors and High Ancestor Spirits of the Dunmer.
>>
>>51078807
That's basically a big part of the plot of Morrowind.

>changed appearances
There are multiple legends that claim to explain this.
>>
>>51072863
That actually sounds like good lore

Too bad I don't really like MMOs and most of my fun in TES games comes from autistic roleplaying which I'm not sure is possible in an MMO setting
>>
>>51079367
A lot of autists make RP guilds on it.
>>
Dreg, droog, or drew /tgesg/
>>
>>51080307
>droog
I am not your droog, buddy.
>>
>>51080307
Drew.
>>
>>51080307
I know the correct one is drew, bit i will never be able not to say droog
>>
>>51080307
For some reason when I first read it I decided the vowels were German and read it as "droig"
>>
>>51080307
Dre-oogh
>>
>>51080307
J-row-g
>>
>>51080307
Horrible monster
>>
>>51081477
No, those are mudcrabs. I avoid them whenever I see them.
>>
>>51081932

Their meat's not bad, though.

Have you heard news from the other provinces?
>>
>ywn relive the experience of playing Oblivion and knowing fuck all except that you were immersed in a beautiful-by-2006-standards medieval countryside full of potato people and having fun
Lore has taken my innocence
>>
>>51077715
>>51077738
I am confused
>>
>>51082712
If that's how you really feel about it why does it even matter?
>>
>>51082712

That's not the Lore's fault. It's that you've grown accustomed to the setting. If anything, knowing more stuff about the Lore will make you appreciate the world better and see some stuff that you would've missed otherwise (i.e. what Miraak might have been really trying to achieve in Dragonborn).
>>
>>51082712
Oblivion isn't canon
>>
>>51083599
Mankar Camoran was good
>>
>>51084586
then again he was literally the embodiment of the writer lore-rape in the game
>>
File: af1.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
af1.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>51083599
Silly boy.
Pic related
>>
File: 1483710514453.png (2MB, 1112x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1483710514453.png
2MB, 1112x1620px
Imagine living as the child of an outlander in Morrowind. All the other kids treat you as a normal person until their parents realize they're hanging out with an outlander child, and suddenly you're all alone and friendless. ;_;
>>
>>51082712
Fuck, you think that's suffering?

>ywn relive the experience of playing Morrowind for the first time, where your in game story of stranger in a stranger land completely syncs up with your actual sense of wonder at the overwhelming size, oppressive community, and crazy detail of the fantasy world, as that glorious soundtrack plays

Playing Morrowind for the first time was the most immersed I've ever been in a video game. I can't ever have that back for several reasons.

>The island is actually really small, and making jump "billion" amulets reveals it to be so.
>The mystery is gone and all the islands secrets lay transparent in memory.

Replays are still fun, but they'll never recapture that charm, and the series has been moving away from what made Morrowind great ever since oblivion. I doubt I'll ever explore an environment as fun or as alien as it again, despite their being plenty of locations in old lore that would work.
>>
>>51085672
Have you tried Tamriel Rebuilt? I haven't, but I am curious if it recaptures that feeling to some extent.
>>
>>51085685
It was pretty unstable last I played.
>>
>>51085672
Morrowind isn't canon
>>
>>51086230
None of the games are really canon, though.
>>
>>51086283
All of TES lore isn't canon.
>>
Is C0DA still a thing?
>>
>>51086437
Was it ever a thing?
>>
>>51080307
Druh and sometimes Droo
>>
Michael Kirkbride: Last and best hope for TES lore or the cancer killing TES?
>>
So, I'm making a character for my first legitimate play-through of Morrowind. A Dunmer Spellsword/Battlemage type.

Basically, talented but inexperienced in sword-fighting, Destruction/Alteration/Restoration, and also novice-level familiarity with Alchemy/Enchanting/Mysticism/Illusion.

Lore-wise, what sort of background would an outlander Dunmer with arcane and combat skill have? What province might they be from, what would their family background be, what occupation might they have had, and who could they have learned from?
I'm not asking you to create a character for me, but to maybe throw some lore my way to figure it out.
>>
>>51087751
Inconsequential bordering on cancer because he's practically a meme now.
>>
I wanted to translate "I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes" into dragon, but thuum.org doesn't translate it fully, namely "what", "pretend", "deaf-mutes".
Any idea if there's reasonable other options to use for those words?
>>
>>51087751
>>51087812
What's so bad about Kirkbride? His ideas about the lore are usually pretty interesting, and the bits that are dumb aren't annoying because they're not, y'know, actual canon.
>>
>>51087822
More has to do with people bringing him up everywhere all the time for no reason when he hasn't been affiliated with Bethesda for years. Like right now.
>>
>>51087778
Spellsword sellsword from Cheydinhal.
>>
>>51087852
He was affliated during the best parts though.
>>
>>51087822
The problem with kirbride is his lore is more big metaphysical stuff, the kind of shit that a player wouldn't encounter or would gloss over because the game would just use it as a macguffin for a quest.
Then there's the fact he's not really that much working with bethesda anymore, so people think that automatically means anything he says or said before or will say is 100% irrelevant and just rambles.
It's childish at best and consumerist at worst to think only a faceless company can dictate the lore and if they don't explicitly state lore than it's not true in any way, shape, or form.
Basically, anti-kirkbride posting is shitposting.
>>
>>51087778
Hmmm... maybe studies at Winterhold, in Skyrim? According to TES5, having Dunmer study there was a semi-common sight. Occupation, I'd say mercenary or something along the line. Gotta play to your strengths and sell talents rare among the locals at a high place.
>>
>>51087879
I like that. Any books/lore sources that go a bit more in-depth about the college during the Third Era?
>>
>>51082965
And what was he really trying to achieve in Dragonborn ?
>>
>>51088202
Dagoth Ur 2.0
Dragonborn is shitty shallow MW fanservice.
>>
>>51088202
Apparently he was trying to mantle the All-Maker.
>>
>>51088245
>>51088246
What the fuck ? How did I not saw that when I played it ? I saw the MW fan service but Miraak just looked like some basic bad guy to me
>>
>>51076398
Isn't it simply the case that some daedras are simply 'posterboys' for a certain daedric prince? Like, every daedric prince has some scamps and dremoras, but they're typically associated with Dagon.
>>
>>51088362
Pretty much. Lesser Daedra are just commonly "associated" with certain Princes.

>Clans serve by long-practice, but practice may change.
>Dremora have long served Dagon but not always so.
>>
>>51076859
I imagine the place as being very misty; there's all these clouds that move towards the center of the realm, where her citadel is

The clouds are dreams, and spawn out of portals near the edges of the realm

If you wanna see Vaermina, well, just follow the clouds

being inside one gives you the visions of that specific person's dream
>>
File: 1392610164102.png (327KB, 1490x2210px) Image search: [Google]
1392610164102.png
327KB, 1490x2210px
>>51088253
>>
>>51078185
>that imagine

Molag Bal
Boethiah
Azura
Clavicus Vile
Sheogorath
Nocturnal
Dagon
Malacath
Hircine
Namira
Sanguine
Hermaeus Mora
Vaermina
Mephala
Jyggalag
Peryite
???

Did I get anything wrong?
>>
>>51088436
Molag Bal
Boethiah
Azura
Clavicus Vile
Sheogorath
Nocturnal
Malacath
Dagon
Hircine
Namira
Sanguine
Hermaeus Mora
Vaermina
Meridia
Jyggalag
Peryite
Mephala

Fixed
>>
>>51088436
I think I'd reverse Dagon and Malacath, also Meridia as hooded chick bottom row first, and Vaermina or Namira as the bottommost (I remember a statue in a shrine looking like this but can't remember which), but then who would be the chick with the white eyes and bloody mouth, or the old lady for that matter
>>
>>51087871
To be fair, a lot of people used to think everything he said was automatically 100% canon even if he was just messing around or making fun of something when he said it because he wrote the cool parts of Morrowind which made him a god to the starstruck fans on the bethsoft forums. He also used to get away with being a complete asshole over minor disagreements about video games a lot because of that. The current "he's a hack and nothing he says matters anymore" mindset is a knee jerk reaction to the old "he's the lore community's beloved leader and can do no wrong" mindset.
>>
>>51078185
Sanguine or Hircine, they both seem rather chill guys, not too keen on fucking everyones shit up, jist because. Which means there is some actual downtime to enjoy your immortality
Most others just like to fuck up things, which meams you have to help do that all the time
Sheogorath would be fun, until you cross him the wrong way, then he is surely going to come up with some way of unending torture
>>
>>51078807
Probably, Divayth Fyr and perhaps other Telvanni wizards are older then the Tribunal
So they must have been Chimer before
But knowing Telvanni, they do t give a shit, as long as they can research their stuff
>>
>>51088879
>tfw enlightened radical centrist
>>
>>51087822
Nothing.

>>51087852
As you can see, he is 100 percent of the time brought up by people trying to incite something.

>>51087871
That's a slight but common misconception. Almost everything we know about the races aside from Khajiit and Saxhleel he had a part in. He co-wrote the Pocket Guide, remember.
>>
Speaking of Kirkbride, is M'aiq named after him?
>>
>>51088401
please stop posting this
>>
>>51088401
>extrapolation.png
>>
>>51089795
Probably.
>>
Miraak is the definition of a jobber

>"I'm the dragonborn!"
>get his ass kicked by a dragonpriest
>saved by Mora
>access to Mora's knowledge for thousand years
>do nothing for 3 eras
>get ass kicked again by a newbie dragonborn
>>
>>51089918
Why ?
>>
>>51087751
We need to look to other people for our lore, people who are actually working for Bethesda
>>
>>51090238
>people working for Beth
>caring about the lore
Ok
>>
>>51090255
Guy, nobody else can actually write lore, you realize? MK works for Telltale now and doesn't do anything. Lore written by anyone else is what we call "fanfiction".
>>
>>51090255
Stuff not done by the devs isn't lore you realize.
>>
>>51090232
To say that theory is stretching for answers is a severe understatement.
Literally all it is, is some guy making ridiculous claims based in an already incredibly vague mantra that in no way indicates anything he claims it does.
The theory doesn't actually connect anything, rather just tries to create the illusion of doing so. It goes on to basically use its own assumptions as reasoning for its assumptions.
>>
>>51090255
Where the fuck do you think all that lore came from?
>>
Don't respond to anti-mk shitposters please and thank you.
>>
>>51090360
He probably thinks MK wrote everything and doesn't even know who people like Kurt Kuhlmann or Douglas Goodall are.
>>
>>51090342
That was the impression I had but since I'm not a lore buff and all...
>>
>>51090255
This.
They stopped caring long ago.
>>51090360
People who wrote for Morrrowind are not the same people who wrote for later shit games.
>>
>>51090559
back to /v/ kid
>>
>>51090384
Great, you just named 3/6ths of the people who wrote the lore that's worth anything. With Michael being one of the most prolific of them.
>>
>>51090573
This is literally true though. A lot of people left after Morrowind and "coincidentally" that's when the bastardization of lore happened too.

If you really think the uniqueness and depth of the setting is not being degenerated in neo-TES you might want to check your vision.
>>
>tesg shitposters are overflowing into tg again
:/
>>
>>51090643
KK and TH are the only two who still work there AFAIK.
>>
>>51090652
The drama there has been insane lately
>>
File: 1443233133242.jpg (325KB, 682x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1443233133242.jpg
325KB, 682x5000px
obligatory shitpost
>>
>>51090652
it hurts
>>
>>51090682
Todd doesn't count, he was the one who wanted ES to be "bash enemies feel good" type thing in the first place.
>>
>>51090748
That's true, but he was still there. He did the legion questline in Morrowind.
>>
>>51090278
With how things are now I'd rather take fanfiction.
>>
>>51090342
What is Miraak's endgame then?
>>
File: gossipingaboutalmalexia.jpg (134KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gossipingaboutalmalexia.jpg
134KB, 400x400px
>>51090710
quality kek
>>
>people don't even remember Bruce Nesmith
>>
>>51090996
Not something we can say with any certainty
>>
File: y3b23BG.jpg (247KB, 1178x1118px) Image search: [Google]
y3b23BG.jpg
247KB, 1178x1118px
new kalpa

>>51091182
>>
>>51090903
This desu. I don't even care about Bethesda anymore per se. I'm happy as long as they keep the machine going. They keep TES alive, up and about. C0DA, apocrypha, monkeytruth, fanfiction, whatever you want to call it, that's what I live for. It's ten times better than anything Bethesda comes up with.
>>
>>51091206
I wouldn't have...
>>
>>51091206
kind of early, and we don't exactly have good posters right now
>>
>>51091370
Not to mention its sunday
>>
File: 1458762061486.png (554KB, 973x821px) Image search: [Google]
1458762061486.png
554KB, 973x821px
Ending! Words! ALMSIVI!
>>
File: wizard.png (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
2KB, 300x300px
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.