[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infinity General - Kazaks are Kings Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 36

File: dogwarrior2.jpg (113KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dogwarrior2.jpg
113KB, 640x640px
Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where too much vodka turns you into a werewolf.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
http://www.infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>No-longer-provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
https://catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
http://www.infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
https://mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
https://army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
http://inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
http://www.captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
http://n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
http://www.youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
http://pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
https://mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (different toilet, same shit)
http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
http://infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous thread

>>50941125
>>
Don't even play the game (Due to my friends being fags and no one in the area) but gotta love it.

To add to that anyone know of any good gamefinder things when it comes to tabletop gaming?
>>
The Kazak sectorial is going to leave all the other Ariadna sectorials so absurdly far behind, shit won't be funny. They can do what every other sectorial can do, and more. Hell, most of their units are just better versions of shit the other sectorials have. They better release an Ariadna rebalance with that fucking sectorial or there won't be a reason to play anything else.
>>
File: 141561519.png (78KB, 1021x746px) Image search: [Google]
141561519.png
78KB, 1021x746px
>>50997536

You really expect CB to help those other factions? CB better do it or else they literally fucked every ariadna player that isant kazaks
>>
>See infinity thread on /v/
>got shit posted

Is there something about this game that everyone hates about it?
>>
>>50997536
>>50997608

Stay salty, Amerikanski. And we really don't.

If anything, I'd say that USAriadna has one of the widest selections of things in the factions. You've got motorcycles, you've got loads of infiltration, you've got a more reliable Dog Warrior, you've got Captain America, you've got the faction's babby-TAG, you've got Van Zant and Tactical Jump shenanigans, you've got some of the solidest Garrison troops in the game, and you've got access to our Traktor Muls.

Kazaks have a solid toolkit, but we are basically the most distilled, generic Ariadna. We've got a good bit of Camo and Mimetism. We've got a Parachutist. We've got the Traktor Muls. We've got Pups. Other than the Autocannon and the Vet Kazak, there's very little you can find in the Kazaks that you can't find in other factions. And there's plenty in the other factions that you can't find in the Kazaks.
>>
>>50997698
Oh, and perhaps most importantly, we have zero access to MSV.
>>
>>50997111
Haqq will be Caliphate, it's been renamed to Rama Task Force.
>>
>>50997765
Damn. There goes anyone's ability to play Caliphate, Khanate, and Sultanate. Well, not really, but the name changes are vaguely annoying.

How long do you reckon it'll be until they start cranking out the fifth sectorials for factions? Not that I have even a remote clue what any of them outside of Varuna will be.
>>
>>50997698

I only use Desperados and even then they feel lacking.

All that special shit is cool and all but Kazaks let you spam.
>>
>>50997698
Most vanilla lists feature kazaks heavily. Because they are just that much better at their roles than the options.
>>
>>50997874
If you want to spam, play Caledonians.

If you want camo spam, play Merovingians.

If you want 6 armor in cover spam, play USAriadna.

If you want to spam a bunch of high WIP but otherwise useless Line Kazaks, sure, play Kazaks. I rarely use more than one Group, and the same can be said for the various Kazak players that I catch with. We are usually handily outnumbered by every other Ariadna sectorial in play. I think the most I've ever had on the table before was... maybe 15? And that was maximizing my Dog Points.
>>
>>50997698

Show me any good ITS list that doesnt feature line kazaks
>>
>>50997637
All the recent shitposters are from /v/
>>
>>50997943
They also have large areas where they simply don't have the options that other sectorials do.

>>50997983
That's as nonsensical as saying
>Show me any good vanilla Pan-O ITS list that doesn't feature fusiliers
>>
>>50997971

using the dogs is just for fun sometimes.

I agree but CB better fix some shit when they fully release the sectorial or else it will fuck over non kazak players in Ariadna
>>
>>50998010
>They also have large areas where they simply don't have the options that other sectorials do.
They are getting new units for these holes, it's been confirmed.
>>
>>50997943
Have you ever thought that maybe people just like Kazaks? There are even fags that run that shit like a Sectorial with none of the bonus, just because they dig the faction. The Autocannon Tankhunter is the first model I ever bought for Infinity before I even knew what I was doing because that shit looked cash. But you're looking for nerfs that don't need to be given. By the same token that most Vanilla lists feature Kazaks, they also feature non-Kazaks. When we are made official, no more MSV. No more bikes. No more minelayers. No more sappers. No more viral.

>>50998149
Sauce? Not doubting, I just don't see any need for us outside of maybe a Bike. We already have everything that Kazak players are expecting, it's just a matter of finagling AVAs and deciding on how the Link Teams work.
>>
>>50998149

in what areas exactly?
>>
Which team would you guys say is most aesthetically similar to the [40k] Imperial Guard?

E: No, RECAP, that's an image of the fireworks shown on the smartphone in the picture, not of the fireworks themselves...
>>
>>50998303

Ariadna

just do it
>>
>>50998308

1. Thank (You)!

1a. Oh hey: look what's back!
>>
>>50998303
Ariadna for rank and file dudes with little to no technology, Morats for dudes who either win or all die trying. Both are pretty cool but Morats are space monkeys so not exactly IG looks.
>>
>>50997822
Probably a while if ever outside of PanO. I'd say YJ, Ariadna, Haqq, CA and possibly Nomads will get 4, ALEPH will stick to 2 or 3, and Tohaa will do whatever dumb bullshit it is that Tohaa usually do.

>>50998303
Ariadna or Haqqislam. They've got a grittier and lower-tech aesthetic than the other factions, Ariadna more so than Haqq.

Also
>not using legacy captcha
>>
>>50998354

How big are the Morats? I could use some variant Ogryns...
>>
>>50998303
Depends on your flavor of IG. If you want Catachan, you run ASA. If you want Vet-heavy lists, you might actually try NCA. If you want Commissars backed up with 5 pt suicide bomber penal legions, try ISS. If you want to be pretty shitty with guns but hardy and absolutely unbreakable, you might try Morats.

Otherwise, Ariadna and maybe Haqq is probably your staple for playing regular flesh-and-blood people with shitty guns, shitty armor, and a refusal to give up. But Haqq also has the ability to be comically hard to keep dead due to the setting's best doctors thanks to Spice.

>>50998389
Sil 2, but you've got some big fat fuckers in heavy armor that go up to Sil 5.
>>
>>50997637
>>See infinity thread on /v/
wut?
>>
Why was China the only UNSC country to not send people to colonize Dawn?
>>
>>50999201

NO GOOKS

NO JAPS

NO CHINKS
>>
>>50999201

... UNSC? What is this halo?
>>
>>50999780
UN Security Council.
>>
>>50999780
The permanent members of the United Nations Security Council, ya retard.

>>50999201
If I had to guess, it'd be because when the nerds that became Corvus Belli were playing their RPG, they already had the idea of the Yu Jing with a semi-seditious JSA filled with super ninjas, super samurai, and robo bunraku beneath power-armored Terracotta Army. Likewise, they needed someone to act as the major rival for Pan-O.

And if China went the way of the rest of the nations behind Project Dawn, that wouldn't happen. So in order to keep Yu Jing possible, they slid the Chinese out of Dawn.
>>
>>50999850
>>50999822

No defense. I will commit sudoku...
>>
>>50999201

Maybe they weren't interested at the time?

If I remember correctly, in universe, the whole idea of going and colonizing new worlds was a bit of a last ditch effort of the failing western economies. They were basically spending a bunch of money to put together this mission expecting it to become something but then dawn disappeared and they had just spent all this money they couldn't get back.

My guess would be that China maybe contributed some money but wasn't that invested in the project. Seeing themselves as an "up and coming" economic power, they felt they had more to loose by investing heavily in this hail marry space project.

That would be my guess.
>>
On the tenth day of Christmas Corvus Belli gave to me:

10 Kazaks Squatting
9 Batroids leaping
8 exploits milking
7 Cutters Swimming
6 Foxholes laying
5 POINT JAMMING
4 Templar Swords
3 Kaeltar
2 Unit Buffs
and a control for my Kuang Shi

No one mentioned how I messed up yesterday.
>>
>>50999850
>>51000121

Honestly, most of the fluff, despite historical references, have more logic holes then swiss cheese (the actual kind) once you glean past the surface.

I mean, for instance, they describe Terra as being mostly empty cities despite having a population way above 8-9 billion.
>>
>>50997111
This info is a tad outdated. CB already said there will be just one sectorial for each army in the next book. Confirmed are Varuna for PanO, Post-humans for ALEPH, Ramah Task Force (Caliphate) for Haqq, the French for Ariadna, Shasvasti for Combined. I dunno if it was Invincibles or White Banner for YJ and what was the verdict on Tunguska – last time I heard they were talking about folding Tunguska and Black Hand into one, because they were too similar.
Also the proposed release date was end of 2017.
>>
>>51000745
Ramah TaskForce will be nice to have rules for. And I'm hoping the IA get their sectorial since it's long overdue.
Having a hard time deciding wether I should go for USAriadna inbetween Svalarheima PanO since they seem to have a release date set after the next century.
>>
>>50999201
Because it was a joint Roscosmos/ESA/NASA project, while China was busy buying the rest of asia.
>>
anyone knows how hard it would be to put the mk12 or the whole arm+mk12 from Eudoros on the Agama?
>>
>>51000745
most likely Invincible Army for YJ, no way Svalarheima and White banner aren't released in the same book. And we already know the next book has Varuna, not Sval.
>>
>>51000745
Huh, I thought the FRRM do-over was being pushed back to make room for Kazaks. I guess maybe it's the other way around.
>>
>>51001717
It's possible I am wrong, I'm not sure if Kazaks were not confirmed.
>>
File: HARM_SUIT.jpg (106KB, 903x991px) Image search: [Google]
HARM_SUIT.jpg
106KB, 903x991px
Does anyone know anything about the lore of the blackjacks? Im really curious.

My bet: the figure was delayed because TAK wil have their own blackjaks so Corvus is going to make a box like the tikbalan one but with 4 figure (2 normal 2 rabaged)

Yes they are going to remake caledonia this year, TAK for the book and then the frenchs.
>>
File: brainy feels.png (77KB, 372x300px) Image search: [Google]
brainy feels.png
77KB, 372x300px
>tfw too intelligent for Infinity
>>
>>51002183
>you HAVE to buy shit you don't care about to get the stuff you want
I hate this model. I want more blisters.
>>
File: DSC_0519.jpg (271KB, 1600x1010px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0519.jpg
271KB, 1600x1010px
>>51002640
Don't be silly now, it's obvious they couldn't possibly fit a S6 model inside a blister. Just suck it up and get both.
>LaughingSpaniards.mp3
>>
>>51002204
Must suck for (you)
>>
Curious ~which of the books is best for fluff ?
>>
Doctor Worm was very difficult to assemble. His tail was a pain, his little spikes were a pain, and his tiny little T-Rex arms were a pain. But he's done now and that's all that matters. I put his spikes on backwards because he's gonna be in my Morat list, and I think it makes him fit in more.
>>
>>51001717
>Kazaks getting delayed yet again
>Still remember being teased with it back in fucking 2014
>Instead USAriadna gets dropped before us
>Now the fucking Frenchies might get reworked before us

I am 50% vodka, 50% burning hate.

>>51002183
I really doubt that we'll get Blackjacks, to be honest. Not only do they really not fill a need that we have in our army, but they're also part of USAriadna's attempts to bastardize Rodina's tech in order to get a leg up. Unlike their more or less theft of the Traktor Mul, Blackjacks are semi-pure American innovation, and while they fit in beautifully in the USAriadna list as what's one step up from a Minuteman/Moblot, we already have something like that: the Vet Kazak.

The only thing in the USAriadna list that I could see us getting a Kazak equivalent that we don't already have is a bike. And even that's a pretty big maybe.
>>
>>51003432
I thought he was pretty easy to assemble. My issue is the constant fear of the spikes breaking off no matter how well I pin and set them.
>>
>>51003665
Cossacks were known for their cavalry

They will be riding antipodes and have guard lv1 or 2
>>
File: EOT-views.jpg (325KB, 1920x870px) Image search: [Google]
EOT-views.jpg
325KB, 1920x870px
>>51002183
Knowing CB, i doubt we will be seing blackjacks for some time, esp when there are othr models that require more urgent releases.
Im 90% sure it will look something like pic related, having chest mines in the profile almost confirms it.
>>
>>51004083
Which, given the general lack of horses, might mean a Motorized unit with decent AVA, instead of yet another bike unit.

If the MRRF gets bikes for some odd reason, I would expect them to look like the Recoilless Rifle carrying scooters of late WWII.
>>
I don't know what's the public consensus on this but I think making 2 models for each Blackjack, full power and battle ravaged, is an awful idea. It drives up the final price and production time (2018 kek), the 2 profiles aren't even so different to warrant another model imo, and it's not like they can transform at will and back again like the Su-Jian.

The situation doesn't touch me personally because I don't play Ariadna, and idk if actual Ariadna player like or loathe the thing, but I fear this could open up a worrisome trend for the future of the game with all sort of "alternate" modes (Tohaa would nearly double their model range though...)
>>
>>51004314

We Space Wolves now
>>
>>51004469
I feel it's pretty dumb to do a battle ravaged model as well. A marker suits it just fine.

Only Tohaa model I complained didn't have an inactive symbiont model was Gorgos since it shrunk the guy, but that's eventually coming out.

But CB does learn from their less than successful gimmicks, at least to some extent. So if people complain often enough or the money shows less Blackjacks bought it'll discourage them from doing it again at least for an official release.
>>
File: CBlizzard69-2.jpg (71KB, 501x966px) Image search: [Google]
CBlizzard69-2.jpg
71KB, 501x966px
>>51004606
BlackJacks have the potential of becoming another Maghariba Guard: something made with care & time enough to deliver something awesome.

Anyway, CB has a winning card there. They should make a GenCon excluisve pre-release or something. Muhrrikans will buy it twice.
>>
File: 56461651615646461.png (244KB, 986x810px) Image search: [Google]
56461651615646461.png
244KB, 986x810px
>>51005185

>Gencon exclusive
>>
File: EuroStyleVsUSAstyle.jpg (143KB, 642x800px) Image search: [Google]
EuroStyleVsUSAstyle.jpg
143KB, 642x800px
>>51005185
I mean... USARF is pure muhrrikan fan service. The real carisma is with the Kazaks.
>>
>>51005248

>Kazaks
>Charismatic

Ooooookay

Mellodians rule
>>
File: drow-with-spear.jpg (490KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
drow-with-spear.jpg
490KB, 1024x724px
>>51004314
I would love the Tohaa to ride some exalted beasts instead of bikes.
>>
>>51005344
The fewer Tohaa beasts the better. Never like to see them on the table. Suited up Tohaa are lovely, but beast squads are lameish in fantasy games and unacceptable in cyberpunk
>>
File: CBlizzard69.jpg (210KB, 501x900px) Image search: [Google]
CBlizzard69.jpg
210KB, 501x900px
>>51005544
And how should the Infinity Tohaa range expand?
More Silhouette 2 miniatures?
How are we even going to distinguish them?
How many troop profiles can the Tohaa stand without having those artichoke heads stepping over any other unit shoes?
>>
>>51006032

we need an infinity game dammit
>>
>>51006032
Same way every other faction works?
>>
File: IW1o1y0.jpg (172KB, 809x555px) Image search: [Google]
IW1o1y0.jpg
172KB, 809x555px
>>51006250
The problem with the Tohaa is that they do not behave like the rest of the factions.
They are a faction that plays as a sectorial, and they have the Tohaa Link Skill wich allows the player to form fireteams with figures from different units.

A Tohaa Fireteam can be composed by a Sakiel, a Makaul and a Gao-Tarsos.

when you play ganeric PanO you can field an Aquila Guard, a Bagh Mari and a Nisse. Those 3 step over each other shoes because they are Units with Visors.

Ok, but... when you play NCA you can only use Aquila Guard.
When you play ASA you can only use Bagh Maris.
And in the future when the Svalarheima sectorial comes out the Nisses will be the only option for them.

This creates the specific spot for those units.

The Tohaa do not behave like that. Thay can all be mixed together and they will work as a cohesive army. This means that when the player/customer is choosing between Tohaa A and Tohaa B is much more difficult to really have a reason on why choosing A instead of B.

Once you conclude that A is better than B. B will never have a chance of being deployed on the ground.
>>
>>51006204
Im still holding out for somone to make an infinity mod for XCOM.
>>
>>51006567
I would like to see a Neotokyo derivative myself
>>
Anybody has the felix moderator concpets?
>>
CC is confusing, particularly how the enemy AROs work. So, say my Daturazi is behind cover but 4 inches away from an Alguacile. I declare that I move into base to base with my first short order. What can the enemy do in response? Can they ARO even though they aren't facing my Daturazi? I'm just somewhat confused here.
>>
>>50997971
Merro doesn't really do camo spam.
They have one unit with camo, Chasseur. A fantastic skirmisher, to be sure, with some great profiles, but not exactly camo "spam". You can even run 4 minelayers, but at that point it's obvious what you are doing and not hard to predict which are mines and which aren't.

You could take Metros with limited camo, but those profiles are also inferior infiltration which is a straight up terrible rule. More often than that not you are just putting yourself at a disadvantage by taking that profile, both in overpaying points and in bad deployment. Metros aren't even terribly exciting if you do get the inferior infiltration roll to succeed. They aren't threatening too much with their BS10. Cheap, cheap, cheap rifle grunts is where it's at for them.

Generic Ariadna does a much better job of camo spam. Between Spetz, Chasseurs, Tankhunters, Scouts, Foxtrots, Hardcases, SAS, etc. you can put down way more effective camo than most things in the game. Every part of Ariadna can bring some decent camo troops, but only non-sectorial lets you put it all together.
>>
>>51004083
Kazakhs, not Cossacks. Cosmodome and Russia's space port, not crazy Slav ninjas.
>>
>>51006387
I don't buy it. Beasts themselves don't necessitate or allow for unique rules. Symbiomates, undercosted as they are, could just as easily be bots. Beasts could be too, or just infantry bezerkers, pupnikstyle. And this tangent was started off by comparing hypothetical larger beasts to bike-sized vehicles.

My problem is only and entirely that they are ugly models and inconsistent with the rest of the game.
>>
>>51005248
That pic is missing the Polish table, it's identical to the Euro one but has two or three 8-inches tall reinforced tactical lampposts.
>>
>>51006736
Since the enemy has no LOS on Dāturazi and he has Martial Arts lvl4 (and thus Stealth and Surprise attack - http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Surprise_Attack), it's a -6 MOD to the reaction of the Fusilier (either dodge or CC attack) plus any other modifiers the Dāturazi will have from selecting a Martial Arts level.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-03-15-30-46-1.png (170KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-03-15-30-46-1.png
170KB, 1440x1440px
>>51006794
I guess you and I have different ideas of which transliteration it is

They have no trace of turkish so I see them as Cossacks
>>
>>51006736
It depends on if the Alguacile can see you at all as you move into b2b. If he can see you he can declare any ARO that requires line of sight such as a BS attack, Suppressive Fire, etc.

If he can't see you, (let's say either you or he is in smoke the entire path to b2b), then the Stealth skill prevents him from getting an ARO.

UNTIL your second half of the order. They just don't get an ARO from the movement of the first half of the order. Once you declare your 2nd half of your order, if it is any non-movement short skill, like CC Attack, they get an ARO. At that point IF you are in b2b (which is the hypothetical we're going with) they are in Engaged state and can only ARO: CC Attack, Dodge, Reset, or other special skills that can be used in Engaged state.

>>51007677
This doesn't work. Daturazi don't have marker state which is needed for surprise attack.
>>
>>51003665
could you share more fluff of the unit? maybe a picture of the text?
>>
>>51008056
Good to know, thank you. Now what about if my Daturazi is, say, 12 inches rather than 4 away from him but he still has no line of site. Due to stealth, my opponent can't call an ARO towards him for he first full move order correct?
>>
>>51008457
Yeah. You can think of it this way. People can ARO against anything that they can see or hear. Seeing means regular LoF, and you can hear anything in ZoC (8 inches). Stealth means you move silently basically, so they can't react unless you do another action for your second short skill.
>>
>>51008515
Alright cool. Thank you.
>>
>>51008457
Yep. Also note Stealth works for both halves of the order as long as you only declare movements. Assuming you can stay out of line of fire you can walk right around someone and continue to move towards something more juicy. Combine that with Camo/Impersonation which will let you move through line of fire and it's possible to get pretty deep into enemy lines if you're careful enough.
>>
Had my first few games with aleph today. 200pts with myrm link with phoenix+machon Lt and a Thrasymedes led thoriketes one with support in form of an mk12 agama and 2 net rods. Got ass blasted in all games, but this is natural. New game, and infinity seems to be more deadly, then any game I ever played. What I did notice is the gap between factions and number of orders they have. I had 10 which got cut to 8 more often then not, while my opponent armies were runing 14-18 orders. Now this maybe faction specific, or maybe it changes for aleph when it plays 300pts. But it has to be a bit problematic in objective games. When you have 8orders and your opponent has 18, then even if you kill 10 dudes turn 1, they still have a good chance to swarm them before you. How do less numerous armies deal with order heavy armies in infinity? Is is just two snipers at 300pts, or is there something more? Are there any specific anti horde models? In one game, one of my enemies used a Bot that had a HMG. Does Aleph has access to those too, and if yes how does on fit them in to a 200pts army.
>>
>>51008778
I would also be interested in answers to this question.
>>
>>51008778
They are called Netrods, and they are basically auto-include on ALEPH lists.

As far as swarms, templates are godsends for dealing with them and link trams. My personal record a three dead cheerleaders in one Order from the beautifully Boarding Shotgun.
>>
>>51008919
I used the maximum number I can, which is 2. that gave me 10 orders. Then my opponent was using some sort of a rule to lower the number of my orders turn 1, which was droped them to 8.
>>
>>51008778
Everyone bar Ariadna/Tohaa gets that bot. Order spam however is still a massive metagame thing. See that bot is hard countered by camo units so a better call is often suppressive fire.

You set it up over a choke point and use the rest of your orders not to kill the grunts but the three or four actually good units who might potentially break through suppression. Getting that right requires you to cover your killer's back and get the rangebands right at the chokepoint. Anything with an HMG/spitfire will be preferable, but Thrasymedes, if you can find him a 16" zone, will own chaff units all day long. Sadly, getting that perfect zone your opponent needs to pass through to score doesn't always happen.
>>
>>51008994
That's just the basic command token rules.
>>
>>51008778
>orders
Aleph is an elite army, so it'll be outnumbered often. Steel Phalanx makes up for it with order efficiency using multiple fireteams. Also spend those points effectively. At 200pts, I probably wouldn't have spent 78pts and 2.5swc on 2 characters (maybe one or the other). Don't worry though, it's far more easier to field them at the standard 300pt lists.

>dealing with hordes
Even though Aleph and SP are well equipped and skilled troopers, the game is super deadly. You need to use a fair bit more strategy, templates weapons, Suppression Fire, use your better tech (ODD, NWI, etc etc), stack those MODs against the opponent, etc etc.

>HMG Bot
Aleph/SP has the Zayin Rebot

>>51008994
If you're planning to go first, then plan your turn expecting 2 less orders. Nearly every player uses the Command Token for this. Also there are those 8pt Flash Pulse bots, Lamedh Rebots, and the 8pt Baggage bots, Probots.
>>
>>51008778
I don't like Machaon in that list. Phoenix is NWI, so if he's wounded but still fighting you're not going to heal with a 25% chance of killing him, are you? And Machaon is no better than a Myrmidon at shooting. Eclipse grenades aren't worth 40 points. Drakios is. Him /Scylla are shitty models but they pack paired synchronised heavy flamer bots you can suicidally roll into enemy clusters.
>>
>>51008056
Shit, I mixed it up. Stealth doesn't grant Surprise Attack but still limits the amount of AROs the opponent can do if a model moves into base contact with no LOS.
>>
>>51008778
Such gruntspam armies are easily dealt with if you have mobile template weapon troops. I completely annihilated an opponent's backline of Alguacile convention with a Sphinx that sat in hidden deployment turn one, then made a mad dash to his backline turn 2 with all six or seven orders I had left from his frontal assault.

That's the major disadvantage to having lots of cheap dudes - they're pretty shit individually and TO camo wrecks them especially hard. Try an infiltrating TO Posthuman in hidden deployment on your gruntspammer opponent's side of the table, then go rambo with it. Or toss down a Spitfire Garuda on his backline. Or just throw Achilles at the gruntspam problem, or handle those grunts from afar with Phoenix. Or shit, just go ham with Myrmdons and smoke. Infiltrate Naga minelayers to force him to waste orders discovering mines. Etc etc.

There's a myriad of various tactical ways how you can play around an orderspam list. Don't buy into the 40k idea of spamming automatically meaning better, because those type of lists are pretty vulnerable to things that typical more elite lists don't care about. You can't just rambo a JSA force with cheap power armor, for example, as those comparatively inexpensive two wound models really blunt the usual things that would smash a gruntspam list to a pulp. This game is all about tactics, and specifically, tactics that you are good at implementing.
>>
So I want to start a Haqqislam army

I was gonna get the start box and I wanted to add some Djanbazan Tactical Group and a Special Deterrance Group Azra'il

Could that work?
>>
How's this for a starting list?

OwBgjAPmCsIQygFwIYCdEEsB2BzABADIYDOiEAzAKTQAcVATCKJQISOUBsIIl9YMrYNRpD6ATmA1WYDtTGy+IetIAsctYp4sVYypNFiaylmCHQJvME2lTzUxVJPQ5zxWGnPzrq+6cvL4JQAAiFAA
>>
>>51009665
In vanilla Haqq Djanbazan are maximum 2 per list, but in almost every list. It'll work, but please don't field the Taureg as a sniper
>>
Completly new to the game so I have some basic questions. Is running a Maghariba in Haqqislam viable and how would I need to build the list to make it work?
>>
>>51008778
There are tactics you can use to combat swarm armies, you've gotten a lot of replies about that already. But at the end of the day your intuition is correct, usually more orders is better.

Check out the winning lists for the ITS Interplanetario which was Aleph:

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/45599-interplanetario-winning-list/?page=1

These lists are all about getting the most orders with the biggest badass.
>>
>>51009953
>Is running a Maghariba in Haqqislam viable
Yes.

>how would I need to build the list to make it work
Have enough Orders for it to move around, don't overspend on other killer models (Maggie will be your main killer after all, so you probably don't need an Al Fasid and two Azra'ils), get an Engineer with a Nasmat.
>>
>>51003251
The RPG, because it's going to be a dry descriptive type of fluff.
But both the rulebook and HSN3 are written "in-universe" and I think are about the same. Obviously the base book has more base info, while HSN3 focuses on sectorials (e.g. in HSN3 there is pretty much no lore for the Kazaks or the French, just USAriadna and Caledonia).
>>
File: VortexModeratorCatboy.png (560KB, 1271x1055px) Image search: [Google]
VortexModeratorCatboy.png
560KB, 1271x1055px
>>51006680
Yo.
Thanks for reminding me I wanted to print that mug.
>>
>>51000663

To be fair, that could be explained as Earth once being way more populous than 8-9 billion people.
>>
>>51009953
>Viable
Absolutely. Maggie is a pretty inexpensive TAG for what she brings (except the 360 visor option is pricey), and in a pretty inexpensive army. I run one frequently in both standard and Limited Insertion 300pts.

Make sure she's got a healthy order pool to play with, but also enough for her engineer to run out and patch shit up. Haqq only has 2 engineer options, Najjarun and KTS, so that should narrow things down. It's also a good idea to give your engineer a Nasmat.
>>
File: 2017-01-03 23.27.56.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-03 23.27.56.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51001428
i did, not dificult.
>>
Scan of fluff book?
>>
File: ABG_4016.jpg (56KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
ABG_4016.jpg
56KB, 450x300px
>>51005544
That really depends on your flavor of cyberpunk.
>>
>>51013396
board doesn't like urls, here they are in pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/raw/jH7GzPLv

These are old but 95% of the fluff hasn't changed except for updated translation. There are no full Paradiso and N3 scans around AFAIK.
>>
>>51014207
And yet the RPG guys seem a bit lost. Its not like this stuff changes fast...
>>
>>51015843
It seems to vary by faction (so, presumably, writer). The PanO and Haqq guys are onto it (PanO got both the first planets previewed, and Haqq got the first faction and third planet), but the Ariadna and Nomad writers are still getting told to revise shit.
>>
>>51016315
CA's not out yet, either.
>>
>>51016328
And Mercs, and Submondo.
>>
>>51009601
Aside for achiles, I can't find any of the models you listed in the army builder. Maybe my is not updated or something. As for achiles, am worried about his point costs. In w40k it is often the case that a unit that costs 1/3pts of an army will absorb shoting from a whole army and still live. Achiles seems to be tough with multiple wounds etc, but good turn of shoting could take him down, and then am without a Lt. I probably would have to drop phoenix and machon and fit more grunts. Aside for those other models you listed does the assault subsection have cheap order generators, besides the two net rods. I had a look at what my opponents dudes are like and for them 18pts is a camo dude, and for the cost of my combi rifle myrmidon they can buy mine layer camo infiltrators.
>>
>>51009271
He seems like the cheapest Lt option, that is also a specialist. Am not taking him for the healing. Plus I do not want to make phoenix my Lt people are already trying to kill him, and if they do I more or less lose a turn. Drakios seems to be in the 40pts range, but either am blind or my army builder is wrong, because I can't find a Lt option for him. there are just two versions of him one with a combi and one with red fury.
>>
>>51009214
Ok. People here generaly do not play more then 200pts. Ill try to ask around if someone may want to play 250pts or 225pts first. with 8 orders aleph seems to be rather clunky. Other factions seem to have units that ignore their buffs by virtue of visors and being snipers, at a lower cost or have a much better set of rules. I realy like the atalanta model, but I doubt I will ever field her as something else then an agama. Her point cost is crazy compering to something like a nyss sniper.
>>
>>51016475
Right, you're going Steel Phalanx. Phoenix, Veteran Myrmidon Officer is there, put him in a cheapo Myrmidon link and just watch him shit on everything from 16" with rockets while he safely sits in cover and has the ODD, giving most enemies a nice -9 modifier to Face to Face. No grunt survives that shit unless the player has a casino day's worth of lucky crits.

Really though, you want cheap? Thorakitai. You want slightly less cheap, more utility? Myrmidons. Take a three of chain rifle Myrmidons, add Phoenix, watch things die. Take a three of SMG/Chain rifle Thorakitai, take Nesaie Alke, watch things die while doing 360 backflips. On very basics, that's 149 points and 3.5 SWC for 8 orders that are both linked and will wreck shit.

Then you add Atalanta if you want that long range sniping through all the smoke Myrmidons can toss down. That's 188. Let's add Thrasymedes for some more rockets, why not. He gets a squad of three more Thorakitai cheerleaders. Toss in a Netrod too.

So you got something like this - OwBgTAPgzCIRBGALAUgGxSisYQFYUBCLNHbBYA49MsCqk2+ohADnSmGzrCINNR1WXQvzCC2IsROEteGBN1gt+UQbjQoAAmH5J1YEY151KRY+TPVSJ5lq1A==

That's 14 orders and three link teams. That's some serious hurt packed in there. There's still 42 points and 0.5 SWC left for whatever you fancy to add - some other model, specialists in the existing groups etc. Point is, Steel Phalanx has shit ton of options for dude spam, and shit ton of options for countering dude spam.
>>
>>51017575
Cool. Will require buying some additional models. Am going to try it out next time I play for sure.
>>
>>50997470
So, i've still got about 200$ worth of Christmas money to spend, and im looking to start a new army. Any ideas?
>>
>>51017667
You can get the 300 point boxes of Onyx Contact Force and Tohaa for $75+S&H from Minimarket.
>>
>>51017667
That's enough to buy pretty much any army you can imagine and still have somewhere between $125 to $50 left over to either keep in your wallet or to pad out the list with alternatives to give yourself more variety than a single list.
>>
>>51017693
Really? I'll keep that in mind, to be honest. Not sure if I'll go with it, but that seems pretty cheap.
>>51017723
You see, thats my problem: I cant really decide on a faction, or any sort of fluffy theme. I just need some help making up my mind on what I want.
>>
>>51016629
If you want to use expensive characters, you'll have to find compromise with another part of your list. Finding a balance is part of the fun of list building. 200pts is not ideal, and it may be better to save points for the cheaper alternative (generic Agema, generic Myrmidon Officer, etc etc)...but it's doable.

Also playing 8 Orders on turn 1 isn't all that bad considering how order efficient and aggressive Steel Phalanx can be with at least 2 fireteams (I often make my plans with less because Netrods can fall off the board before the game even starts). IMO, it's a waste of a Command Token to reduce the order pool against armies running mulitple Fireteams, and, if I'm in the position to strip orders from my opponent, I often don't. I prefer to have those Command Token handy to reform Fireteams or set up Coordinated Orders.

>200pts
Also this is pretty irregular. 300pts is the standard in most places. 200pts offers very little option/variety and is very limiting especially for armies like Aleph/SP, MO, CA, etc etc.
>>
>>51018391
well a noob anyway. From what I see on local forums most people play ariadna and nomads here, with a few yu jing players in between. there is one Combined army player, 0 aleph players and 2-3 pan'o players. Haqq isn't very popular either, but it maybe a cultural thing, because to me some of the models look great.

Ah one more thing can aleph make a biker army, or a list that moves fast.
>>
>>51009854
I've been wondering about this. How good is the Tuareg sniper? How good is TO infiltrating snipers in general?
>>
Do the Sygmaa look any different from the regular Tohaa under their armour? They're purely social divisions, right?
>>
>>51019470
ALEPH has only one biker unit. However they have a few fast and impetuous models.

>>51019481
-6 TO camo, -3 Surprise shot, -3 Cover, often at +3 herself while enemy is at -3 due to range. One of the few ways to give that -12 maximum modifier in FtF. And Hidden Deployment means your opponent can unwittingly place his important guy right where you want him.
>>
>>51019507
They look pretty much the same. except with dyed bracts and more piercings because they're cool kids.
>>
>>51019507
Yes, I'd assume any biological changes are purely cosmetic, different fashion in biomods for a few decades and stuff like that, nothing far enough to make them a new species.
>>
>>51019470
Bikers not really, the only unit with a bike is Penthesilea, if you want those you better check with the Japanese or USAriadna. But when it comes to move fast ALEPH has great options, either the order efficiency of multiple enomotarchos links or in the form of all the various MOV 6-4 units like Achilles, Mk3, Sophie, Dakinis and Garudas.

Also Kinematika and Frenzy are rather common skills among the Greeks and they contribute to the faction's high mobility, albeit not always in the most "safe" way.
>>
Question, do the plasticard base tops (like the official ones from Customeeple) get fucked when you strip a mini? I guess the high density cardboard variety will get 100% ruined but I'm curious if anyone has some experience with the plasticard ones, they should be much more solid.
Asking because I'm a goddamn monkey at painting and most likely will end up wanting to repaint some models in a few months-years so I'd like to know if the base tops are reusable.

Of course I'm not talking acetone baths, I know that thing will melt anything plastic
>>
>>51019876
Probably. Just pin the minis carefully and you should be able to remove them in the future.
>>
>>51019876
Plasticard is quite similar in composition to the plastic used for many other companies' miniatures, if you use a stripping method that doesn't eat plastic miniatures, it should leave the bases alone as well.
>>
>>51020100
>>51019876
Methylated spirits should work well if you're using water-based acrylic paint.
>>
>>51019666
>>51019577
ok. Thanks, I will try to run a myrmidon and a thoriketei link and switch up support units.
>>
So my buddy bought a JSA starter and a vanilla Yu Jing Starter. If I were wanting to start building up a JSA force, what should I be getting next? I know I want Ninjas and Miyamoto Mushashi. Maybe a bike mounted unit? Currently I have a Morat, Ariadna, and Corregidor force. As a note I'm also still relatively new as my friends hardly play and no one near here plays, which is why I'm trying to boost my available forces. Give people more variety so I can hook them into the game.
>>
>>51020335
Okay adding onto this, same person. I plan on for sure getting Asuka Kisaragi. My only concern is, do I need to buy another $30 set just for her dismounted mini? Or is there some way I could rig it so she can be removed from the bike and put onto a base while dismounted? Probably something with magnets...
>>
>>51020116
>>51020100
>>51019908
Thx guys, I'll get some fancy bases for my next army then.

>>51020335
You have many good options to expand. Asuka + hacker aragoto, Domaru box, the support pack, remotes, Kitsune, Raiden HRL are all good and viable units. Just choose what you like and go for it.
>>
Keep putting off painting the last two models in my tohaa collection cause I'm worried of fucking them up.
>>
What's with all the infinity hate lately? These threads used to have minimal shitposting
>>
>>51020743
Some guy has just decided to dedicate all his time to discrediting the game.

Luckily he's really bad at it.
>>
>>51020784
Wonder what his deal is, probably infinity replaced whatever his game of choice was at his LGS and he's butthurt
>>
Okay

A Merovingian, a Kazak, and an American are patroling through Paradiso when they're captured by Shasvaasti. The Shasvaasti leader has a strange sense of honour, and says that he will grant them one last request before killing them. The Merovingian asks to fuck the leader's daughter, and he's allowed to boink her seven ways to sundown before he's taken out back and shot. The Kazak asks that the leader kick him in the ass. The chief is confused, but willing, and does so. The Kazak tumbles, comes to his feet, and pulls out a pistol. He shoots the leader and a half a dozen soldiers, then runs for his bag, pulls out a rifle and massacres the rest of the Shasvaasti. The American is shocked. "Why", he asks the Kazak, "did he not do that earlier?" The Kazak sneers and says "Kazaks are not aggressors."

...I'll see myself out.
>>
>>51021472
Truly the French are the only ones who know what is important in life.
>>
File: 1477754361466.jpg (29KB, 604x408px) Image search: [Google]
1477754361466.jpg
29KB, 604x408px
>>51021472
"Is defensive war, we of promise"
>>
>>51013755
Those make nice hungries what are they ?
>>
>>51005544
I like those dogos. They're basically robo dogos but vat grown. Bio punk and all.

Thats what i would love to see more of the Tohaa, more biopunk variation.
>>
>>51005248
What is this? Not enough wall. I need more Wall.

One a side note, does anyone know a way to cast Donald Trump, I want him for my HVT for USAiradna.
>>
File: Escila-Dossier-1-1024x724.jpg (173KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Escila-Dossier-1-1024x724.jpg
173KB, 1024x724px
>>51008778
My favourite strat to use against swarms and link teams is a good dosage of template weapons. Since infinity lets you place were the template goes it means you cut line of fire sometimes and your opponent won't gets an ARO.

I play Aleph myself, I usually spend my first turn never killing the enemy. It's all about the setup. I move my units into a good position with good suppressive fire via coordinated orders. Make sure to use hackers to the advantage too. They dont need line of sight. Oh and Scylla, she is mandatory in Steel Phalanx in my opponent. With Killer hacking device i can get behind the enemy and double heavy flamer them. RIP armies.
>>
>>51021896
GW sells khorne daemons already
>>
>>51021896

Hasslefree has Archbaron Drumpf but they've only got the pre-costume resin for sale as of yet so unless you've got a good hand for green-stuff suit sculpting...

Though I suppose there's the advantage that your opponents would have to declare theyre 'Retroengineering that nude, bulbous Donald Trump model', which could be a psychological warfare tactic in of itself.
>>
>>51021896
>One a side note, does anyone know a way to cast Donald Trump, I want him for my HVT for USAiradna.

There is another version of him as full on harkonnen too, including the anti-grav thingy.
>>
File: reaper totenkranz IG_1518_1.jpg (81KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
reaper totenkranz IG_1518_1.jpg
81KB, 398x500px
>>51021896
>>51022331
only other model I can think of atm
Just give him the hair and you're done.
>>
>>51022330
>>51022331

I wish i could green stuff, He's got too much of a fat neck to retrofit a body.
>>
>>51022402
>He's got too much of a fat neck to retrofit a body.
>>
>>51021896
>Not enough wall. I need more Wall.
Someone post the Wall of Zion or whatever the Ariadnan art was called.

"We will build a wall and we'll make the Antipodes pay for it!"
>>
>>51022552
Mount Zion-The Wall. That's also their capital city.
>>
>>51022552
I wish i could buy terrain now. Just set a giant wall up. Fuck winning.
>>
>>51022164
The opponent is always able to ARO dodge a template, if they can't see the shooter they take a -3.
>>
On the eleventh day of Christmas Corvus Belli gave to me:

11 dice rolls failing
10 Batroids Leaping
9 Chimeras dancing
8 exploits milking
7 Cutters Swimming
6 Foxholes laying
5 POINT JAMMING
4 Templar Swords
3 Kaeltar
2 Unit Buffs
>>
>>51021836
Too big, I think. Those are old school cavalry bases.
The models are Dravani Volkoda, from the cyberpunk skirmish game Rezolution.
http://store.aberrantgames.com/dravani.html
The game is not bad, though the book is a hot mess, and the minis vary widely in quality.
>>
So if my lieutenant goes unconscious and a unit with Chain of Command takes over, what happens when the Lt is healed? Two lieutenants? Or does my original just lose their Lt status?
>>
>>51022904
As Paradiso megafauna, however...
>>
>>51022913
>original just lose their Lt status
This.
>>
>>51022944
Thought so, it'd be a bit too powerful otherwise.
Somewhat related question to those who play Japanese Sectorial Army; what Lt do you recommend?
>>
>>51022995
Friend plays JSA. His lt is almost always that Keisotsu hiding prone on top of a building.
>>
>>51022995
The SWC tax is rough but I usually go for a Keisotsu LT. If you want to run the Domaru/Harakami link then it's usually ok to have one of the Domaru as LT but take a CoC Kempeitai.

I usually just give up on trying to use my LT order in JSA.
>>
>>51022995
Asuka or Shinobu are my favorites
>>
>>51022774
They can't dodge if the template is an aro.
>>
>>51023186
Yeah, on the active turn you can not make any AROs at all. Sorry if that wasn't clear. In reactive turn you can always ARO dodge a template.

In the active turn if the opponent gets a template on multiple models you have no way to react.
>>
>>51023110
Looking at Asuka, she seems a bit lackluster. How should she be used? The motorcycle is nice but it also has a lot of negatives. Wish her BS was a bit higher but at least she's cheap I guess. Love the mini though, she looks badass.
>>
>>51022164
Tried the thoriketei heavy list without machon. I noticed one thing, without him I have no specialists to claim objectives. also those yu jing and pan'o snipers are crazy, people take 3 of them and they ignore all my buffs and massacer myrmidons and thoriketes alike. I manged to get off one shot from phoenix only to find out that a nyss in cover is unhitable.
>>
>>51023476
She's cheap, WIP14 for the Initiative Roll off, and doesn't cost swc. Asuka is an alpha striker and perfect against fireteams or camo/ODD troopers because she's the only Aragoto with a DTW. She's also got Assault Pistol which is fantastic for short ranged drive-bys. With the LT order she won't draw too much from the main pool. CoC is cheap in JSA, so you don't have to worry much about LoL.

In JSA, I always play a aggressive Lt, because CoC is cheap.
>>
>>51020970
Nah, I can almost guarantee you that he's just one of the dedicated AoS shitposters that's finally stopped since those braindead monkeys stopped taking his bait.

Shitposting is not something done out of revenge, it is done out of boredom.

t. Unreformed shitposter
>>
>>51023072
>Domaru as LT but take a CoC Kempeitai
1000 times this.
>>
Anyone have any thoughts on Masterclass Vol 2? Is it better than the first one?

I have a nice-ish airbrush setup that I would like to put to good use for something other than priming. Thinking of grabbing the book before stock on that bonus mini runs out.
>>
>>51023773
Thorakite can be FOs for a point, which is well spent since they can use the flash pulse to ARO. Despite that things sound weird. Possibly your terrain is fucked.

For a start, Nisse are AVA 2, mimetism is -3, cover is -3, range is -3, so they should never be outright unhittable - although you should be careful of rangebands. If you can get inside 16-32" - and if there's no way to do that terrain is fucked - then you get +3 range instead and hit on 10s. Given that snipers have B1 AROs, you should be able to stand by a corner, gain cover and stand a fair chance. If there are literally three in one spot, then that spot should 100% not be able to cover all the board and you should avoid it.

What you should definitely not be doing is standing multiple models in the open - even if you're banking on AROs, most of a link should be behind cover so that anyone looking to hit them all is taking nanopulsers to the teeth. Against hordes, suppressive fire. Against elites, hide then rush.
>>
>>51024302
There are some full step-by-step tutorials in the book that are quite nice, but a lot of the book is full of cool models and armies that cry out to be given the same treatment, but don't get it...
>>
>>51023318
Yeah sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Even still in an active turn, a -3 to dodge and no cover is still very strong.
>>
>>51021896
The hilariously out of print Ral Partha Shadowrun models have a great corporate dragon whose human form would work swimmingly. Otherwise, I'd look at Pulp and Modern Urban wargames. Mob bosses and businessmen from lines like that ought to have enough swagger and bravado to feel like the God-Emperor. I think Wargames Foundry has a whole series of stuff like that called Street Violence; ought to be one or two in there that would work.

The real issue is that the Brits would have a much harder time getting the Bantz Master in Chief.
>>
>>51022331
Oh man that's perfect, i'm surprised they even bothered with the dick though, if it were at scale it would be too small for the human eye to see anyway
>>
>>51024598
>The real issue is that the Brits would have a much harder time getting the Bantz Master in Chief.

His posture shouldn't be an issue, but damn that face...
>>
>>51024341
The more I think about this the more I think someone is fucking with you anon. Three snipers is 4.5 SWC which can't be taken at 200 pts. Phoenix is BS13 and negative mods max out at 12 so he literally never encounters unhittable things.
>>
>>51023773
>>51024341
>>51024694
These Anons seems to make a point.

Oh and next time you encounter a nisse. Don't aim the rocket launcher at the unit. Aim around the unit. since your not aiming at the Nisse the ODD does not count.

And What Snipers are they using?
>>
File: 1478732404657.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1478732404657.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>51024686
Cry some more, please. The tears, they sustain me.
>>
>>51024598
Actually, on this topic, where are the British people in Ariadna? Every since unit they have is Scottish. I understand that it's a lot easier for parody / steroetypical purposes, but it just seems odd that apparently everyone from the British chunk of Dawn are Scots.
>>
>>51025653
Caledonia is a mix of a Scottish minority with an English, Welsh, Irish, Canadian and German minority that ended up adopting the majority's customs over a few generations of isolation
>>
>>51026080
Why would it ever be a Scottish majority to begin with, though? I mean, it works to be able to spam highlanders and claymores and kilts, but it doesn't really make any sense at all that the United Kingdom's presence on Dawn would be a majority of a minority.
>>
>>51024598
Wargames Foundry is 25mm rather than Infinitys ~30mm truescale.
So depending on what mini you get this will look pretty weird.
>>51021896
On a more serious not you could try looking at HF. They got at least one king pin looking figure. He's built and not fat though. But if you add the hair he should kinda work I guess.
Malifaux has some minis that have a gut hanging out, but not in a full suit, just pants and suspenders.
>>
>>51026268
Because they were originally from a scottish security firm that hired from those countries, but mainly from Scotland
>>
>>51026268
>>51026368
To elaborate, the UK science personnel may have been mostly English, but the majority of the overall (including construction and others) were Scots

Same as the majority of the Russian security personnel were kazak and the American were Rangers
>>
>>51026416
As, so PMCs and military liasons outnumbered all other staff for the project?
>>
>>51026468
Yeah, Ariadna was a colony ship being sent to a potentially hostile planet, meaning the main concerns would be security and infrastructure. There were definitely doctors and scientists and such, but for every one of them there must have been dozens if not hundreds of support personnel, plus regular civilian colonists
>>
>>51026506
Yeah, I just would have assumed that those civilian colonists and more trained specialists would have outweighed the Scottish security company as far as the UK contingent was concerned. There's not much of a real disconnect between Americans being Americans, Ruskies being Ruskies, or Frenchies being Frenchies, but the UK group went full-on Braveheart larping.
>>
>>51022164
>this is supposed to be a greek princess.
What other proof do we need that aleph is evil? He's ruining all the waifus.
>>
>>51023773
Visors kill people. Kazak player, and regular Camo + Mimetism is a decent part of most of my units survivability, typically giving -6 in Cover, with Suppression allowing you to get up to tasty -9. But a single MSV I sniper just laughs all the way to the bank while popping off.

However, snipers do have a weakness in the fact that they are typically fairly immobile, particularly when people deploy them in sniper's nests which -- depending on how your board is set up -- might be inescapable without Climbing checks. Regardless, I generally take care of snipers with the same two ways that I take care of anything. Either just go full Rambo with either a Vet or Spetsnaz with an HMG from cover and hope for the best, or in the case of a Linked sniper that's getting B2, flank that bad bitch and hose her down with Shotguns or Chain Rifles.

Alexei the Dog Warrior has eaten plenty a sniper by flanking around a sniper's nest, jumping 10 inches up behind them, and then usually sacrificing himself as he lays down two chain rifles and dares them to shoot him back rather than dodge.

I'm just glad that there's no Marksmanship L2, MSV TO snipers. Or just MSV TO snipers. Or Marksmanship L2 in general outside of our Spetsnaz and that kinda shitty Auto-Medkit guy in Haqq. That in tandem with even a shitty Visor would just be absolutely hellish to play against.
>>
>>51027162
Scylla is best girl hands down.

Aleph isn't evil. We just want everyone to have a nice day regardless of how we do it.
>>
>>51027895
In order to prove it, give the Kazaks Jan Žižka. Czechs are Slavs and the Kazaks seem vaguely pan-Slavic, and I am curious to see what sort of vozová hradba-style innovation he'd throw down for dealing with the alien menace and the Alien menace.
>>
>>51027895
>>51027996
Alternatively, if he must be Russian, Suvorov will do.
>>
>>51022164
Damn ALEPH got dem hot bitches. Still, EI for life you filthy scum. 10/10 would purge and purge and purge again.
>>
>>51028020
>Suvorov
Oh God yes, just do it. Give him WIP 15, Inspiring Leadership, Advanced Command and Strategos L3, because Sun Tze is a fucking pussy compared to Suvorov.
>>
Why does having Impetuous stop a unit from using partial cover? I mean I kind of understand due to balance but like what are they doing? Do they just like jump up and down constantly so the enemy can shoot them? Are they dancing on top of the partial cover? I don't get it, man. I can't think of any real reason.
>>
>>51028238
Cover in Infinity is pretty similar to how it works in console games. You can't just stand behind something and except it to soaks bullets like it works in 40k. You have to duck in and actually use it. What impetuous units do is just stand up tall without ducking and covering.
>>
>>51028113
I loudly and obnoxiously blare Grom Pobedy every time I dumpster our cheating Haqq player. It's gotten to the point that a couple of the other guys even sing along terribly with it.

>>51028238
They're basically salivating at the chance of ripping and tearing, refusing to squat down behind terrain or press up against a barrier. They're looking at their prey, taunting and heckling them rather than taking safety behind obstacles. All of my Impetuous units are literally Space Werewolfs or Space Wolfs, and most others are shit like Shaolin Monks who are probably dancing on top of the partial cover, MO Knights who are so thirsty to Deus Vult that they just can't hold themselves back, and Daturaz, who... well

>The Dāturazi school of war was predicated upon mind/comlog integration, a mental discipline and holistic martial art designed to extract every benefit from a comlog, from sensory enhancement to computer-like response times. This approach to combat was unheard of in Morat culture, which had never before applied meditation techniques to warfare. The Dāturazi originated as a caste of followers of the Morat god of war, Cotoya. However, given the detached attitude Morats show toward religion in general, the Order became fundamentally a means for up-and-coming soldiers to gain influence in the military. What young Morats did enthusiastically embrace were the Order’s teachings on manic hand-to-hand combat, or ‘Dirty War’. The Dāturazi extol the virtues of close, personal, single combat, of tearing the life out of one’s enemy with bare hands. The ordination ceremonies that initiates undergo right before their baptism of fire are so gruesome that even the Morats prefer not to go into detail.
>>
File: zokva commission WIP.png (237KB, 789x910px) Image search: [Google]
zokva commission WIP.png
237KB, 789x910px
>>51027895
>We just want everyone to have a nice day regardless of how we do it.
Except people who prefer to stay off grid and girls with actual personality and fluffy tails
>>
>>51027895
The EI just wants to have a nice day. Why can't you let true best girl have a nice day?
>>
>>51024833
2-3 nisses in case of pan'o. some sort of invisible "sniper" dudes with rocket launchers that happen to ignore my buffs, and the nomad player some sort of invisible sniper with an msv visor just like the yu jing player.

>>51024341
my problem right now is that the objective markers are in LoS of the snipers. they aren't killing me in my deployment zone, the terrein isn't build like that. We have a lot of cover and buildings, but with 2-3 snipers one can cover both the tables my store has for infinity. Also my problem is that while they have those 2-3 very good snipers they also have 1-2 specialists and like 8-10 dudes giving orders.

>>51027643
Aren't kazaks ariadna? I though one couldn't mix models from two different factions in a single army.
>>
File: intruder-color3.jpg (106KB, 700x783px) Image search: [Google]
intruder-color3.jpg
106KB, 700x783px
>>51029587
2-3 Nisses is a costly investment. I assume the TO Camo Missile Launcher guys is a Swiss Guard and that's a 70pts model, it's supposed to be a pain in the ass. He does not have MSV though, so regular Smoke and TO Camo will even the odds. The Nomad guy is an Intruder, it's the only Nomad MSV2 unit (but there are some MSV1s).
Anyway, they are all countered by Eclipse smoke and/or White Noise as well as your own MSV.

All in all sounds like you're very new. You'll learn how to deal with those guys in time.
>>
>>51022331
This is kinda petty
>>
File: 1479211489410.png (316KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
1479211489410.png
316KB, 843x843px
>>51029995
It's politics, pettiness is the name of the game. If it doesn't devolve into schoolyard name calling on both sides then you're not politicking nearly hard enough.

Which is why we should talk about Infinity politics instead. Like the Yu Jing inferiority complex, or Ariadna's disgusting barbarism.
>>
>>51029353
Sauce?
>>
>>51005248

>More terrain requires you to think less

Wat?
>>
File: America_European_Infinity_Board.jpg (930KB, 1199x911px) Image search: [Google]
America_European_Infinity_Board.jpg
930KB, 1199x911px
>>51029587
>Aren't kazaks ariadna?
Yes, and I'm not sure what you are asking. I was simply saying that if they even get Marksmanship L2 to a model with a Visor would be absolutely hellish to the point of nofunallowed.jpg.

Again, dealing with snipers is relatively simply but it varies depending on what you are playing and what kind of sniper it is. If it has MSV, you have access to Eclipse grenades to block its LoS as well as hackers that can White Noise the poor fucker. If it doesn't have MSV, get into a good range band and prey upon it with a good range band, cover, and a whole lot of B. Relatively few entrenched snipers will be part of a Link team, so you can usually count on the shoot-out being against B1.

Whether it has MSV or not, you can also try the more ballsy technique with is simply rushing the bastard down and preying upon their positioning. This is based on typically having a speedy unit with some form of heightened maneuverability, be it Climbing+ or Super Jump. If you can bumrush a sniper and get up in their face, they will more often than not fall like a bitch. And if this blood-thirsty savage isn't a retarded Dog-Warrior with chain rifles, you also get their vantage point.

>>51030820
Eurofags boosting their tactical precision from having everything except for breathing triggering AROs. The meme goes both ways. Have the Amerikanski rebuttal. Is second best thing they made, outside of Coca-Cola.
>>
>>51030820
Image is a joke anon
>>
>>51030904
>>51005248
Seeing this shit always makes me wonder how European players can play CC armies and not just blow their brains out after a match or two. Even with a dense table, CC is painful to play, but with anything resembling those Euro tables, I just don't see how anyone could play MO or Domaru JSA or any other low-smoke CC army without losing their minds.
>>
>>51030997
>Seeing this shit always makes me wonder how European players can
Because those jokes don't represent reality. They are jokes.
>>
>>51030997
It's a big meme and both strawmen play on shit tables. The correct answer is somewhere in between with decent firelanes for snipers but enough cover to move up the board and hide your dudes.

Also MO is not a CC army. They're more of a shooty army that can sometimes engage in CC.
>>
>>51030309
Grorious Nipponese women don't need huge tits and giant asses to look good, baka. Fuck those Chinese bitches though. Chinese disgusting piggu confirmed. JSA is superior, Yu Jing civiru waru now. The land of the rising sun will rise again.
>>
>>51026986
Keep it in mind that a large part of the initial civilian population might have also died in the constant antipod raids, while the PMC guys managed to survive in a larger percentage, slowly outnumbering the regular colonists.
>>
File: JLGayLussac.jpg (2MB, 1876x2335px) Image search: [Google]
JLGayLussac.jpg
2MB, 1876x2335px
>>51031231
>mfw this shit turns out to be the reason the Ariadna section of the RPG keeps getting delayed
>>
File: 1387551913297.png (1MB, 1488x2104px) Image search: [Google]
1387551913297.png
1MB, 1488x2104px
>>51031224
Get fucked japanese dog, Yu Jing's ceaseless generosity is the only reason you are still alive. I hope you realize that you and your pathetic whining mouth are the reason your kind is used as cannon fodder. We do not treat any others within our empire this way, because Koreans and Viets do not scream like monkeys about their delusions of superiority.
>>
>>51014207
>http://pastebin.com/raw/jH7GzPLv

This is pretty bare bones. Nothing on USAradnia or the Kazaks at all?
>>
>>51031496
I will gut you like the disgusting piggu you are, Chinese scum.
>>
>>51031624
>implying Rodina would ever share secrets with foreigners
>implying Amerikanski have any culture of note outside of blue jeans, Coca-Cola, and apple pie

I mean, we aren't even confirming or denying that Veteran Kazaks have NWI because of Soviet-style secret military augmentation or that we are intentionally exposing pregnant women to the antipode's retrovirus in order to propogate more Dog Warriors.

I mean, I personally am just fine with Vets being that fucking stubborn and hardened that they get NWI, but they are the only unit with it that isn't known to have been given extensive augmentations and the like. From all of the ALEPH units with it, to the historical duplicates, to Odalisques.

>>51031496
>>51031725
Stay off Dawn, and we've no problem with you, slants. But you can ship in more of General Tze's chicken. The antipodes love it.
>>
>>51031996
Don't worry, no one, literally no one, wants to visit your shithole of a planet. The only reason anyone does is for your resources.
>>
>>51032854
>literally no-one wants to come to Dawn
>but both you slants and those Pan-O chimps were flinging yourselves at it
>the two great powers, all of their tech and hired mercs couldn't deal with some squating slavs, drunk Scots, jingoistic Amerkanski, and French children
>only stop when Daddy O-12 tells you to stop acting like children

I thought you were supposed to be the smart ones? At least Pan-O never pretended we deserved independence.
>>
>>51033038
Can't you inbred fools even read? The only reason anyone wants anything to do with your shithole is because of its resources. That's literally it.
>>
>>51033060
Yes, our resources. Stop the autistic screeching, keep off our planet, and keep wishing your daddy will get you T2 bullets for Confuciusmas.
>>
>>51033084
And you enjoy fucking your cousins and dogs, furry inbred scum. You are just as bad as the Chinese.

Nah but Ariadna is cool. Was my first faction. Not the greatest starting point but it sure was fun.
>>
>>51031725
Sure, why not. Piss on your master's shoes and ruin everything for the rest of the dogs, it's how your ridiculous race got into its current position.
>>
>>51033164
The friend and I that started playing Infinity at my college FLGS back in Second Edition? I picked Ariadna, and he picked Shasvastii. Now that was a hilarious bad decision for starting. And I still just sort of nod my head when people bring up hacking. Hell, most of my current store does. Other than a USAriadna player that also runs Corregidor and a Haqqislam player, pretty much no-one uses it at all. We've got a Merovingian/Steel Phalanx main, a Morat player, a pair of USAriadna mains, and my Kazak purist self. Half the time, you could probably look at our tables and think it was just a Weird War 2 game.
>>
Has anyone considered running an Infinity campaign based on what's been released so far? I've been trying to get people interested in it with no luck, because everyone I know only cares about 3.5 and Dark Heresy and everything else is 'too hard'.
>>
>>51027643
Dude... Have you met a rui shi ?
>>
>>51024598
>The hilariously out of print Ral Partha Shadowrun
ORLY?
http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=15
>>
>>51034718
Never in my life, actually. We only have one player at the FLGS that plays Yu Jing and he plays janky JSA as a secondary list to his Tohaa. I think he might have played them once last year. Did forget about giving Marksmanship to remotes and remotes having MSV. As you can see by >>51033288 our FLGS skews far away from remotes and hackers, so it's something I luckily have never had to deal with.

>>51034783
Yeah, and note the lack of the Corporate Dragon human form.
>>
>>51030904
>>51029682

But I was told to remove machon the model with eklips granedes in my list. Am confused to be honest.Because either am going to get killed by those snipers for not having eklipse, or I will have eklipse but then am runing on 8-10 orders, and my opponents will just be more order efficient. White Noise is a hacker program right? I don't have enough points to run a hacker at 200pts.

I also rechecked the army list in the army builder and not a single unit has climbing+ or super jump
>>
>>51021472
good job
>>
File: Evo-Chart.png (431KB, 872x617px) Image search: [Google]
Evo-Chart.png
431KB, 872x617px
>>51033288
>And I still just sort of nod my head when people bring up hacking.
I take you people have not seen Supportware in action yet.
Have fun next time you encounter a Marksmanship Bulleteer.
>>
>>51035179
Eh, I just play for fun at the store and have little to no inclination to go to tourneys, and in our meta, my ASA list is only thing that could actually bring that, unless our Caledonian player ever swaps back to MO. You'd be four times as likely to see a Marksmanship L2 Traktor Mul from a Wardriver than you are seeing legitimate hackers on any of our tables.

Even our Steel Phalanx player ignores 'em. I'd say easily somewhere between 70-80% of the hackers that are ever fielded in the store at the Haqq player. And he's just all sorts of shit, even when he cheats.
>>
>>51034833
The Corporate Dragon box is one of very few models in that line that is not in production, which is not what was originally asserted.
>>
>>51034983
Having to play at 200pts hamstrings you pretty severely as Aleph, I'll be honest. Infinity is balanced for 300pt games. Your link team should help with order efficiency though.

Atalanta might be a worthwhile investment for bringing down Nisses, she's far better than most snipers on the active turn thanks to effectively having BS17. Just use her to fuck up all the Nisses and then send in your boys afterwards.

You could also flank them with an Ekdromos. Those things are very mobile with both aerial deployment and super jump.
>>
>>51034983
There's a Myrmidon officer Lt. with eclipse that comes for 30/0.5, 8 points cheaper than Machaon.
As for White Noise don't worry, SP has no way of taking a Hacking Device Plus so you don't have access to it.
>>
>>51035383
how about something like this 2 FO thorekites with Thrasymedes as leader. a Myrmidon officer and Fenix with two myrmidons to form another link, two net rods and scyla with a deva bot and a maestro hacking device.

only now I have 0 msv in the list. Other version would be to take an mk12 agama instead of scylla. But then I have no hackers, and a 5 pts left over with nothing to take.
>>
>>51035484
In your situation the best play is to switch things up game by game. If dudes you play against know it's all ODD all the time, they will throw MSV spam and hard counter you. So field something that doesn't care about MSV and laugh at their wasted points.

Replace Thrasy with Alke, remove Phoenix altogether and take an Ekdromos to get in behind and/or cybermask-mode Sylla, or, hell, use Ajax in the link instead. By demonstrating the range of your options you prevent them from tailoring too hard against your A-game.
>>
>>51035846
That is probably the best efficient way to do it. The problem is I do not have those models, and till march I won't be able to get money to buy more.
Am more or less limited to the stuff I have and what I can proxy. I have the starter set, a myrmidon box, a machon, phoenix and atalanta. I probably could play phoenix as Teucer and I did play atalanta as a normal agama. And as my shop has no dire foes, people are ok with using eudaros as thrasymedes. But something like an ajax or scylla would be hard to proxy. People here are generaly cool with using "hero" dudes as normal dudes or same looking other hero dudes, but trying to run a combi thorekites as Achiles would not be accepted.

I hope that in the future there will be some cheaper hackers added to aleph. Like 50% of all missions require hacking of some sort, and all factions save for ariadna seem to have a cheap ton of those.
>>
>>51036204
Remember you've got Thamyris. He's only about 5 points more expensive than the other factions' cheap hackers and comes with pretty good stats, some useful weapons, his own pitchers and NWI.
>>
>>51036297
Well I guess I will have to sell more stuff, If I get lucky I should have enough to buy the scyla box, if not then I'll buy the support pack to get the net rods.

thanks to everyone for the help. You guys are very helpful, specialy compering to what one gets from other table top games when asking for help.
>>
File: ISS.png (288KB, 759x527px) Image search: [Google]
ISS.png
288KB, 759x527px
Having played some small games with the Red Veil starter I'm thinking to expand to 300 pts for the first time, thoughts on this list? I'm trying to make something good to play and optimized by purchase (all models I can buy with the minimal amount of proxying and wasted models from boxes, I hate wasting and I'm on a tight budget).
Before I go out and get all the other models I ask you, does it look ok or am I missing some obvious things? I was considering maybe dropping the 2 Dakini for a KHD Ninja but I feel it's going too low on orders (Ninja starts in HD), and the 2 little fuckers are speedy buffable mimetic specialists.

yes I like ALEPH, why do you ask?

>>51036204
>I hope that in the future there will be some cheaper hackers added to aleph
Well ALEPH sure doesn't lack cheap competent hackers, but unfortunately you happen to play the sectorial that hasn't access to them so...
>>
>>51036540
>am I missing some obvious things?
I'd shift the groups around but nothing obvious jumps out. Yaoxie are awesome but they can be bought later. Maybe a ninja hacker, but I assume you've got the Red Veil?

Oh no, wait, grab a Warcor. They're awesome points fillers.
>>
>>51036540
Well ALEPH sure doesn't lack cheap competent hackers, but unfortunately you happen to play the sectorial that hasn't access to them so..
English is not my first language, does it mean that assult subsection will never get cheap stuff or that they will, but I just have to wait ? Because am ok with waiting, no hackers would be much tougher with so many missions requiring one.
>>
>>51036876
I think that anon is referring to the ridiculously underpriced Posthumans, and SP is never getting them. Aside from that your sectorial actually has access to the cheapest Aleph hackers like the Ekdromoi and Thamyris.
>>
>>51031496
I really hope koreans get some units. And I hope they're all G:Remote presence troopers controlled by starcraft players
>>
>>51036967
Ah ok. thank you for clearing that up
>>
>>51036876
It was kind of a joke, between Posthumans, Devas, Dasyu and Nagas (and the expensive Asura HD+) ALEPH has all the hacking it ever needs, it's just that the Steel Phalanx doesn't have access to those.
Anyway I'd follow >>51036967 advice, Ekdromos hacker seems like your best option: nice stats, combat jump, super jump, specialist. The only drawbacks are frenzy and very short range.
Thamirys I don't know...he's cheap and has a pitcher but in combat he can hardly defend himself, and in your list I'd rather have the Assault HD than the normal HD..

>>51036620
Yep Yaoxie are definitely on the wishlist but I decided to go for the Yaokong at first. I got the tacbow Ninja and I guess it's the only ninja I'll ever need for ISS, I'll probably end up swapping her in and out depending on the mission. The warcor is a unit I don't particularly like, maybe I'll just proxy him if the need arises.

Also anyone has experience with Sun Tze in ISS? I like the model, he's very useful and tanky but I'm not sure he's worth his 60+ points.
>>
>>51037587
Thamyris is actually a pretty effective doorkicker with that assault pistol. The lack of a combi just means your ineffectual AROs aren't quite as long ranged. Nanopulsers are always nice to have around too.
I agree that an assault hacker seems more useful in that anon's list though.
>>
>>51037587
Tsun Tsun is expensive, but he's a very good lieutenant and ludicrously tough. I usually just stick him somewhere really annoying and make flash pulse AROs all day. He's only died once so far out of half a dozen games, and I'm pretty sure my opponent was just trying to prove a point that time. Even then it took 5 orders of pure shooting with a very angry HMG Aquila Guard to bring him down.
>>
What should I do to drop the 3 excess points? I'm sure this list isn't optimized but it looks like it'd be fun for casual play
>>
>>51038330
Fuck me I'm stupid
EwBgzAPmIhGgUmARgJwIOxgCwIIRhIjAIBsqJeJoyZqI+toDpAHLnkzGa5VyxnSciLdvnShWmZITwSQUjDPFFFygAKagA===
>>
>>51038330
>>51038335
Wow I'm fucking up hard. It's supposed to be 200 points.
>>
>Gun called Spitfire
>Uses normal ammo
>Doesn't actually spit fire
Corvus Belli...
>>
>>51038425
>>51038335
>>51038330
While it would drop you down a WIP at the start of the round, you could just drop from Asuka to a regular Aragator Lt. It might not be ideal, but I'm assuming that the triple ninjas is important to you. And a Keisotsu + CoC Kempeitai is a really solid core.
>>
>>51029995
it's a caricature
>>
>>51038546
Yeah I planned to hide the Ninjas around the field so I can take anything that may move near them facing away. I might be able to get away with dropping one of them though. Asuka is there mainly for some hopefully early kills and then if I need to, I can hide her behind a full cover spot, facing a path to effectively block it off with her Flamethrower. I'm not sure how well just her and one biker would do though, it'd suck to lose them early on and basicallybe screwed having to only rely on my Ninjas getting a good spot to surprise CC, and my link team fending off whatever my enemy might have while trying to hold an objective. Though I suppose those are the risks of going JSA.
>>
>>51038536
>gun called Feuerbach
>isn't a german philosopher
>doesn't actually demolish christian theology
Literally unplayable
>>
>>51038863
>weapon called red fury
>works all the time
>doesn't make life a living hell for 1 week every month

What were they thinking?
>>
Talking of weapon names, how 'Heavy' do you imagine the Infinity Heavy Machine Guns to be?
Are the SAWs of the future super-lightweight .50 cals? Or is HMG a silly name for them?
>>
>>51039245
Aradnan HMG is 7,62.
>>
>>51039042
>unit called Sputnik
>isn't even a soviet satellite
>doesn't actually trigger a superpower so much that it starts the Space Race
Spaniards in charge of historical accuracy
>>
>>51039042
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51039245
>Nogunz country
>in charge of knowing what a heavy machine gun is
Yeh, they think LMGs are "heavy", because, clearly a light machine gun would be small. You have to look no further than the infantry models to see this is what is at work.
>>
>>51039245
So they are more LMG/GMPGs then?

>>51039403
The old HMGs were ludicrous in size, but the newer ones seem much more feasible.
>>
>>51039462
Most HMG models are just carrying LMGs. An HMG would be a vehicle or emplacement exclusive weapon. It really, really is a case of "a light machine gun is smaller than a submachinegun, becuz it light!" Thinking.
>>
>>51037587
Saladin costs 37 points for basically just Strategos level 3, nanopuler, repeater. The only problem in ISS is finding something as annoying as a Fiday to use that reserve on. At least vanilla can drop a TAG or Shinobu
>>
>>51039245
The original Spanish just translates to Machine gun. I assume whoever added the 'Heavy' was just either playing too much Metal Slug or noticing how huge the sculpted MGs were.

Either way the designation is just an abstraction for mid-long range high burst support weapon. The exact details of how you fulfill that varies wildly.
>>
>>51039712
It's also possible, in an in-universe sense, that the designations of weaponry have changed over the years.
>>
>>51039403
It's actually a language thing

In the Spanish rules it is called "Ametralladora" which literally translates to "Machine Gun"
The "heavy" part was added in translation, since there is overlap between terms (any weapon capable of automatic fire is technically a machine gun, whereas Ametralladora only refers to those of a heavier class than an assault rifle)

To a Spaniard, a "light machine gun" would probably sound more like a "subfusil" or SMG to you anglophones
>>
>>51023110
Shinobu does force you to deploy in token state rather than Hidden Deployment unless you want to start in LoL.
>>
File: usariadna-army-pack-4-1.jpg (615KB, 1610x1080px) Image search: [Google]
usariadna-army-pack-4-1.jpg
615KB, 1610x1080px
How solid is the Army box for USA?

Also dose this game rely more on how you play, what you take or how well you roll?

Because i like the murrican fan service circle jerk of the rangers. but would love to throw in some more motercycles and beefy werewolves if i can.

Not a fan of the wolves in the army box but love the one in OP pic.
>>
>>51043262
It's all good usable units, but probably when you listbuild you will find yourself dropping one or two models (Minuteman/Marauder are a bit samey) for other stuff - and you're likely to have a large list (over 10 units).

There are certain boxes every list should tick, which aren't too demanding, but after that skill is the main factor. Beware 'natural twenties' in the form of crits - they are no fun for a list of one wound models. Still, more dice is more crits.

Sadly, wolves and bikes in large numbers will step on each other's shoes. They're both slightly suicidal problem solvers. And nobody will care if you proxy a non-US wolf.
>>
>>51039579
Maybe it is the limited number of hmg I have seen, but the kazak ones and the tank hunter ones are huge to a point I wonder how they carry them,

How important to assault sub section lists are hackers. Not sure if it just my last game, but I more or less got owned by a trio of camo hackers from haqqislam. And it seems to me, although I may be wrong here, that they are very vunerable to hacking .
>>
>>51043221
That's true. That's fine by me, because she adds her regular order to the pool and also gets the extra Lt Order.

>>51043262
It's alright, but kinda lame for an army pack since it doesn't even hit 150pts.

>Also dose this game rely more on how you play, what you take or how well you roll?
It leans towards tactics and positioning, but really it's a bit of both. How you play affects want you need to roll, because your tactics can stack modifiers in your favor or/ against you.
>Example
Your Foxtrot in Cover does a Surprise Shot against a fusilier which imposes a -9MOD (Cover, Camo, Surprise) to the Fusilier's BS12 return fire requiring him to roll 3s to hit. Plus/Minus any MODs from their weapons' range bands.

>OP pic
Yeah that's the problem with the USARF line. They're all SUPER static and boring miniatures, but they're mostly all new models (don't need to wait for resculpts).
>>
>>51043477
>And nobody will care if you proxy a non-US wolf.
The only problem might be that a Devil Dog team is 1 werewolf and 1 dog, no more no less. If you proxy them with two werewolves it might cause problems telling which is which.
>>
>>51043821
Not much an issue if you're a superior Kazak player. Then just take an Antipode from the Assault pack and a Dog Warrior. It is hellishly wasteful if you don't intend to at least play Vanilla, though.

>>51043262
I dunno, I love my werewolves, but is something just fucking A+ about that armored one. Also, the differing ways that the various Ariadna factions that use Dogfaces handle their deployment is fantastic as well.
>>
when's the minute man box coming?
>>
Has anyone had experience with a "campaign" style of play here? As in, my friends and I wanted to do a sort of system in which you start with something like 50 points, then based on your performance, you are allowed to expand your force for the next game and so on. It'd be most likely a 3 player or 4 player free for all, but I'm skeptical on how that'll go. It's gonna be a very dense field but still, lots of AROs most likely. I'm just trying to figure out a fun way to do this, it seems a bit difficult to balance while still making it feel unique and fun. Any tips here? How should I go about translating in game points to list building points? I don't want to give the winner a huge advantage of course. I feel like even a 10 point increase over the other player is enough to give them an edge while still being fair to the other player. I don't know though.
>>
>>51045407
Have you looked at the campaign system from Campaign Paradiso?
>>
>>51045524
Is there somewhere I can read it for free? I see the campaign sheet under downloads but it seems Paradiso isn't there. I'm liking how this sheet looks though.
>>
>>51045638
Paradiso's never been scanned. I can deliver phone photos, but they'll be kind of shit. I could type it out, but it'll take ages.
>>
>>51045733
Nah it's cool, don't gotta do that. I'll check around, perhaps I can nab it for cheap somewhere. Thanks though.
>>
How do you guys base your figures? I see that a lot of them have really cool tech bases, but I am not sure how to make those or where to buy them. It also seems somewhat daunting to clip these guys off of their tabs, especially with some of the smaller contact points they have. Do you guys just pin everything?
>>
>>51045920
>or where to buy them.
MicroArt Studio or Antenociti.
Anvil Industries also has urban hexpattern pavement bases, but they are a bit rougher.
>>
>>51045961
Oh, neat. I thought that Micro art only did Warmahordes base sizes, not 25mm ones. I will have to see if anywhere nearby stocks those.
>>
>>51045920
Gravel and rubble, but I also play urban Kazaks. MicroArt's Battle Bases are straight up sexually arousing, but also not relatively free. I might end up using them for my ASA army when I decide I want to get fancy, but for now I just go with the good ole staple of gravel and rubble.
>>
>>51036540
If you are playing ISS and not running at least two SU-JIAN IMMEDIATE ACTION UNITS, then you are a confirmed ALEPHaboo. Real commie heroes maximize their robo-doggies because as any Ariadna player can tell you, dog points are the most important stat in army composition.
>>
$35 for Miyamoto double pack and Asuka + Aragoto box. I love Gamenerdz.
>>
>>51047983
Gamenerdz is love, Gamenerdz is life.

At the same time, $90 to buy a new faction is terrifyingly tempting.
>>
>>51046337
Crossposting.
>>
>>51039321
>Sputnik is used by Tunguska
>Nomads are always bringing the fire in the international Remote races
It checks out sir
>>
>>51045407
I was looking at this custom ruleset:
http://www.data-sphere.net/new-dawn-alternative-campaign-system/

Looks really cool for an emergent narrative campaign that can be adapted for any store meta and I absolutely dig the way it creates this murky alliance network of who is the enemy of your enemy, really gives you that proper black ops feel that Infinity is all about. I found the Paradiso scenarios to be too strict. The book is neat if you want to replay historical events, but it only feels right in a store where every faction is represented.
>>
For a beginner, is the usariadna army pack (the big box) a good place to start?
>>
>>51048670
Wow thanks man, I'll have to read through this
>>
>>51043262

>>51048702
>>
File: Iheardyoutalkshitm8.jpg (43KB, 175x220px) Image search: [Google]
Iheardyoutalkshitm8.jpg
43KB, 175x220px
>>51039579
Dude, you're in 27th century where everything are made lighter and more compact, with super aloy, fibromuscles, nanolamelar, advance robotechnology, AI and gauss tech are on the back of your hand.

And you rant about suspension of disbelieve? The fuck man?
>>
>>51049931
Not the guy that started this, but to play Devil's advocate to this argument, I raise the Ariadna HMG.
>>
Oh crap baskets ... I forgot the twelfth day of Christmas

Ok ....

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, Corvus Belli gave to me:

12 books soon coming
11 dice rolls failing
10 Batroids Leaping
9 Chimeras dancing
8 exploits milking
7 Cutters Swimming
6 Foxholes laying
5 POINT JAMMING
4 Templar Swords
3 Kaeltar
2 Unit Buffs

Between waiting for Human Sphere which was kind of supposed to come fall last year, waiting for Acheron Falls, and the Manga, I think soon can't come soon enough

See you next year.

I'd probably just combine the two songs I made this month together into something palatable. You all probably think I'm some kind of troll or something.
>>
>>51049931
>suspension of disbelieve
>Missing the point
It's about mislabeling things. If a guy's model was holding a switchblade but the stat block said "Templar Claymore", you'd scratch your head just as good.

Not to mention that the faction with the most lmg-like hmgs is ariadna. Which doesn't have all that ultra tech you're talking about.
>>
File: 1452387866161.jpg (2MB, 2592x3955px) Image search: [Google]
1452387866161.jpg
2MB, 2592x3955px
>>51050432
Eh, less deliberate mislabeling and more lost in translation as >>51039712 points out.

New Shang Ji when? Granted the Crane is in a dolled up variant, but the base armor has some pretty nice clean lines.
>>
>>51050691
hmm part of this gun look like my step moms dildo. Not sure if that is a good thing for a gun.
>>
>>51051869
Why do you know what that looks like?
>>
Looking to jump into my second army, was looking at Ariadna, though I'm wondering. How viable is a vanilla Ariadna list that doesn't use the old trash-looking models? As Ariadna seems to have quite a large number of them in their range.
>>
>>51052178
Define "trash-looking".
For me one of the most important aspects of the game is how my army looks. That's why I field mostly new models with some of the old ones that I like (volunteers, kazaks and SAS). The main concern here is the cheerleaders. If you are ok with line kazaks and volunteers then you are golden.
>>
>>51052266
everything before they switched to digitally sculpting I think look pretty terrible, minus a few exceptions. Can grunts take the place of line kazaks? (at least til CB finally ends up updating them)
>>
>>51051900
They share
>>
>>51052321
I think most sensible people should allow you to proxy Grunts as Line Kazaks. As long as you make clear what is what.
Just try avoiding situations where nothing on the table is the unit it's supposed to be.

I have a Haqqislam buddy that overproxies and thus I have difficulty telling Haqqislam units apart.
>>
>>51047747
Su-Jian is in another version of the list, but like the Yaoxie I'm planning on buying it later. And the Wu Ming too. And the other Imperial Agents. Goddamn there's too many good things to choose from.

I'm still a ALEPH weaboo though, Vedic can't come soon enough

>robo-doggies
I don't know, I always saw them as big kitties...
>>
>>51051900
>>51052635
there's no step mom
>>
>>51051900
Well when she was moving in, my dad wanted to save money, so the moving crew was me and my little brothers. One of the boxes had new tape on the top, but the buttom was only folded. So when we were carrying it the bottom gave way and her stuff fell out. there was a ton of sex stuff in it. gags, crops and dildos of different kind. And the biggest one was a ribbed purple one. looked like the gun.
>>
>>51052990
By the way in general how cool are people with cross faction stand ins/proxy? I hate how the aleph bots look like, but I love the nomad ones, and the kamels.
>>
>>51047747
>because as any Yu Jing player can tell you, dog points are the most important stat in food composition.
FTFY
>>
>>51053146
As long as they're the same size and carry similar weapons (no Tsyklon Sputnik as a Lamedh for example) you should have no problem, especially if you're one of the gifted individuals who actually paint their army. No one is gonna bug you for proxying the butt-ugly Probots anyway.
>>
>>51052321
You can take 2 grunts in vanilla list + Voronin replaces 2 order monkeys because of his Strategos L1. If 4 orders are enough for you, then it's OK, I guess.
>>
>>51053350
>No one is gonna bug you for proxying the butt-ugly Probots anyway.
I will. Any person who calls the glorious wheelchairs ugly is objectively subhuman filth and not worth a glance, let a lone playing with.
>>
>>51053372

No-one that's not a bellend anyway...
>>
File: p1030758-e1424603326487.jpg (42KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
p1030758-e1424603326487.jpg
42KB, 640x402px
>>51052178
>>51052321
>Vet Kazaks are trash models
>Autocannon Tankhunter is a trash model
>Scouts are trash models

Opinion discarded. Hell, the new Tankhunter looks shitty compared to all of the old sculpts except for maybe the Adhesive Launcher. Play Amerikanski if you are so superficial that you just want to play new CAD models.
>>
>>51050432
You see Ivan, when you shoot teseum bullet, LMG becomes HMG
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.