[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 29

File: aa.jpg (113KB, 1000x1344px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
113KB, 1000x1344px
Previous Thread: >>50973342
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-2016/
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8hwdwf
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ix0730
(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/looking-back-the-onyx-path-2016-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do you create your own locations?
>>
>>50993090
>Do you create your own locations?
Sometimes, but I usually don't like to because all the good places to put cities have already been taken by actual cities. When it doesn't make sense the obvious answer is the God-Machine did it.
>>
>>50993090
>>Question

As in the City itself? No. But the locations inside the City are fair game. Sometimes there just isn't a cool enough nightclub, a restaurant themed the way you want OR even worse, there's an awesome building but it was knocked down in 1973 to make way for concrete highrise flats.
>>
>>50993090
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNM89sE-22c
>>
>>50993090
Yes. I've got a sort of generic DC/LA/NYC/Tokyo/London/Vancouver generic metropolis that I keep trying to use, though online games have a tendency to fall apart, so it's not like there's ever really been any development or anything. I have ideas for how it looks and functions, but not much more than that. One day I may sit down and flesh it out, but for the most part it's just a city name and generic backdrop.

Not being able to adequately get a map of it is what made me try to use Gotham for my werewolf game, actually. I wanted that sort of "like Manhattan" style setting, and I find that the DC handles the existence of its fictional cities pretty well (plus I'd been watching Gotham) so I decided to fuck with that. I also want to flesh out a CofD Gotham. Some of the weird bullshit is pretty fitting for CofD.

>>50993185
I just never worry about geographic location when it comes to fictional cities. I go by the Springfield method. Though I did have a player get pissed off at me when they realized what I was doing. They acted like suddenly they couldn't know the gun control laws or things like that... even though they didn't know real world gun control laws to begin with.

Ashcroft had a front line WWI hospital *and* a speakeasy in back to back stories.
>>
>>50993090

CofD needs to rip off city generation from Dresden.
>>
>>50993090
And remember kids:
>IGNORE ASPEL

It's hard, but well worth the rewards.
>>
>>50993090
Ok, let's ask a stupid question.

Last time I've played anything from WoD was '99. It was Masquerade. Recently I've got a sort of reunion with my old group and we all went nostalgic about playign it again.
Was there some new book published or some major overhaul, or we will be fine playing Masquarade? I'm kind of out of the loop.
>>
>>50993255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn00UnQpVg8
>>
>>50993340
Welcome back, Mr Anderson, We.... missed you.

Not too long ago, there was a 20th anniversary edition printed. It had some suggestions on new rules, as well as a comprehensive reprint of a lot of material from a lot of old books. Unlike Mage 20th, which is a total heap of bitter disappointment, Vampire 20th might be worth chasing if you have the coin.

Otherwise, there's nothing stopping you from running the same edition you ran back then. There is no White Wolf Police that will bust you for running 2nd Edition.
>>
>>50993185

Doesn't everyone's chronicle take place in "Springfield?"
>>
>>50993578
>not running a game on GOD'S OWN SOIL

gee, well, I guess, you could play a TTRPG that's no fun if you really wanted....
>>
>>50993407
I was more interested in learning if they've fixed all the issues the book had. I no longer even own my original copy, which is the main reason for asking - otherwise I would just clean it from the dust and play.

Guess I will give the anniversary edition a look, then organise a book for playing. Thanks.

It's Braun
>>
>>50993659
V20 cleans up some mechanics, and it's a huge metaplot-agnostic omnibus book that updates VtM to the modern nights, ignoring Gehenna as a 'something that may still happen' and that's about it. It has pretty much everything you could want from both Camarilla and Sabbat, all clans, most bloodlines, most Discipline powers and Merits and Flaws. There have been further expansions in other books for V20 as well. There will also be a 5th Edition release by the new IP owners, Paradox Interactive, who own White Wolf as a licenser. This is planned for 2015.

They did release a new World of Darkness game back in 2004. It's entirely different lines, though using mostly the same supernatural bases, though they're different. If you want I can give a rundown in a basic way of each of what are called the New World of Darkness lines.
>>
>>50993710
>2015

I CAN'T TYPE. I meant 2018.
>>
>>50993340
Your World of Darkness ended in 2004, and then that WoD was given a second edition in, I wanna say, 2012. In the meantime your WoD was rebooted with a 20th Anniversary special edition compilation. Also the company fell apart like three times, merged with EVE Online's developers, then got fucked from it, the MMO never happened, a publishing company was formed to keep WoD alive, and then the White Wolf brand was bought by Paradox.

So basically
>Was there some new book published or some major overhaul
Yes, a fucking ton.
I would suggest """buying""" Vampire: The Requiem second edition and Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and seeing which you like more. V20 will be more familiar, but a lot of people prefer the changes that VtR made.
>>
>>50993659
>I was more interested in learning if they've fixed all the issues the book had.
Like I said, Requiem fixes a lot of Masquerade's problems. It's much better, especially if you're not tied to the metaplot and setting, and prefer the more immediate concerns of being a bloated corpse trying to pretend you're not a gross undead parasite.
>>
>>50993733

Stop saying that Requiem made changes. It's a completely different game with zero connection in terms of universe, and acting like it "made changes from Masquerade" treats it like a sequel or new edition rather than its own game.

And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade except for maybe Dark Ages.
>>
>>50993710
>>50993733
>>50993767
>Tfw White Wolf out of commission
Thanks to you all, anons. Will show up after closer examination of the books.
Once again, thanks a bunch
>>
>>50993989
>And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade except for maybe Dark Ages.

Mm, I prefer V20 myself over Requiem 2e, so I would say to take a look at both and see which takes hold of your interest more tightly.
>>
>>50994016

A decent chunk of the later WW writers went on to keep making the same games for Onyx Path. Dansky is still on Wraith two decades later.
>>
Insect blood even a remote possibility?

Would obviously be disgusting but, it IS blood you know.

Just wondering. Not like there's enough oxygen in the atmosphere to be able to drain even a few milliliters.
>>
>>50993330
It'd be a great addition to a book like Dark Eras, but with cities for each major splat instead of time periods.
>>
>>50994097
Would be hard to get a sufficient quantity for even a single blood point, though if the symbolism is more important than the chemical makeup it might still work in theory if you did get enough.
>>
>>50993989
While I agree with you and see where you're coming from, that's still really just quibbling and semantics. I mean, you'd say that Tomb Raider 2013 or those Gauntlet clones "made changes" to Tomb Raider, even though it's a completely different thing.

>>50994016
It's honestly more complicated than that.
White Wolf still basically exists, but under a different name, while the White Wolf name is now owned by ̶u̶s̶u̶r̶p̶e̶r̶s̶ dedicated LARP fans.

>>50994097
>>50994173
Munching on a buttload of insects would probably count as animal vitae. So you'd need to eat a lot. But that's not exactly unfeasible.
>>
>>50994197
>Munching on a buttload of insects would probably count as animal vitae. So you'd need to eat a lot. But that's not exactly unfeasible.

You are now imagining a creepy as fuck bloodline themed around that shit.
>>
>>50994097
>>50994173

A small bird is like half a blood point, so an insect would be like an eighth of a point at best I'd say. In symbolism terms an insect might be worth even less since they're so far down on the consciousness scale.
>>
File: nope_girl.gif (2MB, 460x306px) Image search: [Google]
nope_girl.gif
2MB, 460x306px
>>50994260
>YFW Melissidae have some kind of bug that needs flesh, and they do this to feed them in addition to their own flesh and vitae.
>>
File: Dark Souls III Retro Cover.png (2MB, 1290x867px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls III Retro Cover.png
2MB, 1290x867px
Anons, help me flesh out and finalize my Promethean character. I don't even have a name.

It's an Unfleshed (or possibly Extempore). They were originally a character in a video game, probably an indie game, that the creator started obsessing over. The Divine Fire worked it's magic, and the character came to life. I've can't hammer out my ideas on what the game was like or what the character was intended to be like. I'm getting writers block.

Originally I was thinking she'd be a sort of Princess Zelda/Peach sort of character, and now that she's real, she wants to be like Link instead, but that seems a bit too cliche and silly, and I've been leaning more to a Dark Souls kind of game. I put a few Merit dots into getting an Azothic Object of a shield, and took the Sword and Weapon style and I'm going to be sort of like Goofy from Kingdom Hearts as far as actual combat goes.

I'm starting with Unconquered calcified.

I want to make something like pic related that's my character's ramble.

I feel like I've got everything I need to play her... except a name or personality or Pilgrimage. I really hope I can figure this shit out before the game. I'm just having trouble 'finding' my own concept and could use a little help.
>>
There's been a lot of talk over the last year about how bullshit Acanthus are.
However can anyone attest to how that goes down in play?

Personally so far I've only seen the abuse of Exceptional Luck, such the player eventually saw it as cheating and tried to stop using it.
>>
>>50993989
>And Requiem 2e is definitely flat-out better than any version of Masquerade

Cool opinion bro
>>
>>50994265
LIVES!!! Lives for the Master!!! That's why I fed the flies to the spider, so I could eat the spider!!! Please, a kitten, something I can train, something I can teach?!!
>>
File: Mulan That's Just WRONG.gif (120KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
Mulan That's Just WRONG.gif
120KB, 500x302px
>>50994772
No, Renfield. You'll just eat it.
>>
File: Princess Zelda.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Princess Zelda.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50994623
I kind of want to come up with a new Bestowment for her. Not sure what would fit. My original idea was some kind of digitized equipment, similar to In My Pocket, but that seems a bit much. Shifting into a "digital" Twilight also doesn't seem reasonable. I may just go with Titan's Strength or Heart of Clay. I'm not sure if Heart of Steel or Soul is in the Software really fit with my Creation. Revivification might, to simulate a 1UP

Here's my character sheet so far. This doesn't include Unconquered being Calcified. I can't think of which Roles I want to go through, or at least not which ones I want to start on. Most of Ferrum and some of Stannum and lots of Bronze all seem interesting. I also like Companion and Leader from Aurum, and they'd go well with the Galateid, who's going to be a Follower at some point.

If I had a better grasp of who my character is at the moment it would be so easier, but the fog of writer's block has me in its grip. I have a character concept I like, I just can't get it out.
>>
>>50994623
The game could be called "Nevermore". It's rather like Dark Souls, except with heavy influences by Edgar Allen Poe; pits, pendulums, ravens, a level where you have to solve a puzzle before you get walled in (and as an extra fuck you to the player, there's no way to exit and you don't die immediately, forcing you to reload).

The Promethean's name is Lenore. I'm seeing her based on Poe's "Dark Women", the women that appear in stories like “Morella”, “Berenice”, “Ligeia” and “The Fall of the House of Usher”. Black curly hair, wild eyes, high pale forehead, blue prominent veins, thin pale hands, emaciated frame. She is strong, silent and intense, and even when her true nature isn't apparent she has an unsettling stare with ice blue eyes. Now that she lives, she fears death. The most important part of her pilgrimage, to her, is to create another, so some part of her can survive.

Does that help?
>>
>>50994097
In 2e? No.
>Animal blood is a challenging meal that provides only limited sustenance for the youngest of Kindred. Size 0 animals provide no nourishment
>>
>>50994989
It doesn't mention if you eat numerous Size 0 animals though. If someone ate a whole hive's worth of bees I'd allow at least 1 vitae.
>>
>>50994932
Why Poe references? I mean, I went with video games instead of the Hatsune Miku expy from Beast that gave me the idea because I know video games better than music. I'm not really a Poe person.

>>50995018
I'd be impressed.
>>
>>50995222
>I'm not really a Poe person.
>>
>>50995018
Now I have a mental image of a neonate getting caught chewing a fucking mouthful of bees.
Before sheepishly shitting them out.
>>
>>50995018
>eat
Blush to not vomit it straight back up before the end of the scene
>>
>>50994772

Good reference!
>>
>>50995222
>Why Poe references?
Because it's classic gothic horror, because game designers take influences from a range of literary and film inspirations and because Poe wrote about a specific type of intense, raven haired woman.

But whatever, go with Princess Zeldastein if you have that much of a hard-on for mutilating SNES characters instead of something more high brow.
>>
>>50995435
Thanks man
Bram Stoker's Dracula confirmed for best version
>>
Apparently there are some links in SotC you can click to send emails to, and references to twitters that are real that OPP was doing stuff with?

Apparently there was supposed to be some pastebins gotten through these hints that have devotions from SoTC.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/vampire-the-requiem/1016390-secrets-of-the-covenants-hidden-devotions

First post.

Enjoy!
>>
>>50996196

I'll always take Bram Stoker's Dracula over all the talk of Brendan Fraser's abomination, The Mummy, a thread or three ago.
>>
>>50996378

When The Mummy (Fraser version) first came out, I remember reading an article by someone who was a member of the Temple of Set, that splinter occult group that broke away from the Church of Satan. They pointed out that, although the film was in some ways a generic action/adventure romp, it was actually one of the first Mummy films in decades that honestly, seriously, suggested that there was a real mystical power in the ancient ways of Egypt and their Hekau. Previous outings from Universal usually treated the Egyptian beliefs as "mumbo jumbo", with the re-animation of the Mummy being the sole glaring and inexplicable exception. Yet, in Fraser's version, we see Imhotep cast all manner of spells, the potency of ancient curses and Imhotep "hoisted on his own petard" when Evie reads a spell to strip him of his immortality.

So hate on Brendan Fraser for being prettier, or whatever, but don't forget the fact there's some real inspiration for Mummy campaigns therein.

Still.... my heart belongs to Karloff. I got a copy of the 1932 version on DVD for $5 at a market, and the scene where Imhotep awakens still chills me to my feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8UGlPvNcmI
>>
Sweet lord Jesus, I wish I'd picked up a few of these a decade ago, have you seen the resale values? They're going for 10 times what the original retail was....

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_sop=3&_nkw=white+wolf+dice+set&_frs=1
>>
>>50996171
So you'd prefer I mutilate something more highbrow? I'm not really mutilating anything, I'm trying to use a cultural reference as a point of commonality so that you understand what I'm talking about.

>>50996363
There were, but they got cut.

>>50996572
There are people who don't love the Brendan Frasier Mummy?
>>
is there any good owod trove link that fellow kindreds can share?
>>
>>50996629
If you check the link I posted, they're in the first post.

Alternately:
http://pastebin.com/u/ericateachesnyc
http://pastebin.com/u/knightchelsea

>>50996651
Did you ask for this on 7chan too?

https://mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ!8N5hQYpA
>>
>>50996787
No I don't browse 7chan? but should I ? Is it better for requests etc?
>>
>>50996629
>So you'd prefer I mutilate something more highbrow?

I'll go nice and slow for you.

Poe was a horror writer. He wrote "Scary Stories". His characters and themes nestle sweetly in WoD games like an evil hot dog in a bun of pure darkness. Nothing I suggested contradicted Poe or his themes in any way. In fact, it goes quite nicely with your "Dark Souls" concept, the world of darkness in general, as well as being a nod to a literary tradition.

Your barely fleshed-out idea about a SNES princess character turned into an inhuman monster is all about taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world, with inappropriate skills. Hence; "mutilating". The end result feels insipid, uninspired and generally on-par with Aspel's efforts to make Sailor Moon Hunter Vigils.

I'm done discussing this with you. When I throw a dog a bone, I'm not interested in how it tastes. If you want a shitty character with a concept that makes people laugh, go right ahead with Princess Peach, the Parkour Motorcycle Champion. No-one here will stop you; we just thought you deserved the chance to have some dignity. What fools we were.
>>
>>50996787
>If you check the link I posted, they're in the first post.
I know. I'm just saying that the secret hidden game isn't actually in Secrets. It was planned, but got cut, so the links weren't actually in the book. David mentioned it in the Discord, where he at first told someone that it wasn't a secret code, only to realize the page with the hints was cut out.
>>
File: 1458967570235.jpg (49KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1458967570235.jpg
49KB, 600x610px
>>50996821
Seven has, hands down, the most well-organised, tight-run .pdf share thread on the internet. It's patrolled day and night by a Mod who smokes pure meth and lives and dies by the rules. No off-topic posts, no trolling, no shitposting, no complaining, just .pdf upon .pdf. Aspel wouldn't last 20 seconds over there.

https://7chan.org/tg/res/113975.html
>>
So, would anyone possibly have any idea about reading material that would be useful for a hunter player?

The plot for our current campaign is moving fast, and I feel like I should try to figure some things out that would be useful for successful hunts.
>>
>>50997010
I'll go nice and slow for you, as well:

Making random references to Poe "because he was a horror writer" doesn't really mean anything. It doesn't add much to what I'm going for or play into my character idea at all. The idea for the character is specifically a video game character brought to life, Weird Science style. Going all in for Edgar Allen Poe references doesn't reinforce that at all, it just comes off as a bit pretentious.

>Your barely fleshed-out idea about a SNES princess character turned into an inhuman monster is all about taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world, with inappropriate skills. Hence; "mutilating". The end result feels insipid, uninspired and generally on-par with Aspel's efforts to make Sailor Moon Hunter Vigils.
a) Guess who, motherfucker
b) again, this character is not Princess Zelda, I was using a cultural touchstone to help you understand the concept. This isn't "mutilating" anything, and it's not "taking a brightly coloured children's character and hammering it into an inappropriate world". You're failing to understand the crux of what I'm saying, and instead hyper focusing on the shorthand I was using.

One potential idea for the character is that she was originally intended to be a non-playable side character, the princess that gets rescued and gives quests, as opposed to the player character. I used "Princess Zelda/Peach" as an example. That doesn't mean the tone of those games would be the tone of the game the Promethean comes from, though Hatsune Miku is already a "canon" character.

And arguing that throwing in a bunch of Edgar Allen Poe references is somehow better is just pretentious. It's the same thing, it's just for something you feel is more worthy. Actually, it's worse, because instead of something inspired by it, you want me to just make a bunch of references.

If you feel my skills are inappropriate, maybe you should explain why.
>>
>>50997075
>Aspel wouldn't last 20 seconds over there.
I was on 7chan for years. It has no real posts, either. It's slow as hell. I actually made several posts the last time someone brought it up.
We get it, you think I'm terrible. But have you thought that maybe you're not much better? You just don't have a name that can be put to you.
>>
>>50997500
>I like to Whine and complain about people not liking me
>>
I hate to interrupt the latest Aspel slap fight and meltdown, but there's a new Monday Meeting Notes, so let's talk about that instead of whatever's going in here: http://theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/

Onyx Path is five years old! Dawn of Heresies comes out Wednesday! You can buy The Sundered World on its own really soon!
>>
>>50997339

Have you checked-out the Hunter supplement The Horror Recognition Guide?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8fu427
>>
>>50997573

How come Changeling and Hunter 2e might get Kickstarters but the three major lines all got shafted?

The only way to now apparently guarantee timely supplements is with Kickstarter.
>>
>>50997623

Honestly? It's because they're running out of oWoD material to update for KS. They even say it as much, we've got a while before Hunter: the Reckoning 20 can even start being a thing.

Thar and Changeling the Lost 1e made mad bank for them, there's no way they were going to resist the call of making a KS for it.
>>
>>50997696

Changeling 1e made more money than Vampire, Werewolf or Mage 1e? If that was the case, why was it a limited line?

I also noticed that OPP made absolutely no mention of the Crossover Chronicles. I have a feeling it might turn into vaporware.
>>
>>50997733
It sold well in limited; it sold well enough that the planned '5 book limited line' turned into what, 9 or 10? I remember talking to some of the devs at an MES convention back when Lost was ramping up and they were talking about the extension of the line.
>>
>>50997733

It sure did! It was a limited line because everything post-Mage was supposed to be, but it ended up with the most books out of any of the limited lines because it made so many sales.

Having a KS for Changeling 2e is a no-brainer if there's room on the docket. Book's pretty much done so you can slap that on the project page, it has enough good word of mouth and nostalgia to move pledges, and it has a lot of stretch goal potential.
>>
>>50997469
>>50997500

Shut up, fuck off and Die, Eddie.

Did I tell you I buttfucked Eddie, aka "Aspel", once? True story. Gave the little tranny bastard Immodium so he wouldn't shit all over my dick. Afterwards I wiped myself on his thigh and dumped him by the side of the New Jersey Turnpike like a Bangbus whore.

Now we can safely ignore any more posts you may have about either 7chan or your pathetic character ideas (who, by the way, are unimaginative direct rips with "...only they are a splat" tacked onto the end).
>>
>>50997696
They could always keep porting their backcatalogue....
>>
Has anyone run The Sundered World yet?
>>
>>50998758
Doesn't that story reflect poorly on YOU?

What are your unimaginative character ideas?
>>
>Aspel: The Ignoring
>>
File: 1333429723862.jpg (33KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1333429723862.jpg
33KB, 450x319px
>>50998829
>IGNORE ASPEL
>>
>>50998758

Really contributing to the thread there.
>>
>>50993090

I once created a Sabbat haven and placed it beneath Luna Park. It made sense at the time - the slightly sinister carnival atmosphere, faded glory of the old rides and the idea that monsters could hide in the crowd, to them a massive buffet...

So I drew out a complete floor plan and buggered if I remember where the entrance was hidden in the Park. In any case, it came in handy when the Technocracy finally got sick of the character's bullshit and showed up to purge the complex with a HIT Mark. Cue a Potence-fuelled Burly Brawl, and knowing where someone ends up when they get punched through the wall of the Archbishop's Chambers became important.

I fudged the Paradox rules somewhat, and my players misinterpreted it to mean the Technocrats weapons wouldn't target *innocent civilians*, leading to Human Shields Everywhere.

Memories....
>>
>>50998829
>Doesn't that story reflect poorly on YOU?
STILL COUNTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
>>
File: 1370943073223.jpg (14KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1370943073223.jpg
14KB, 221x228px
>>50998844
>www.boners.com

I want to know why this image is from this website.
>>
>>50998795
I started a campaign where the players (hunters in the hunter caste serving under a blood wise) appeased some spirits just before the gauntlet fell and dealing with the immediate aftermath. After that we started the plotline of the first vampire (who were revenants that'd eventually gain a neglatu leader that'd uplift them) but the players all started losing interest because they don't like anything that isn't medieval fantasy.
Had they continued they'd learn the rites that uplifted the revenants to neglatu were the same rites that made the blood bather they had to kill to appease the spirits, spiraling into occult lore and attracting more than just their wise into the mystery. Pretty sad it died, I think they'd have liked it a whole lot more than the D&D game that followed it.
>>
>>50999032

I feel your pain. My old D&D and D&D only group got bored of some pretty dope historical settings.
>>
>>50999052

Speaking of The Sundered World, does anyone have the pdf of Tales of Dark Eras? Thanks.
>>
>Aspiration: Fuck Father Wolf
>>
>>50999254
While not quite on the same magnitude, I once did see a player with "Court the Ocean" as an Aspiration.
>>
>>50999254
>>50999379

>Aspiration: Live to see the day Imperial Mysteries 2e is released
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
First for qt Thyrsus
>>
File: most curious.jpg (77KB, 637x685px) Image search: [Google]
most curious.jpg
77KB, 637x685px
>>50998758
What's Immodium?
>>
>>50999254
>Aspiration: dump Aspel's body where no-one will ever find him
>>
>>51000079
https://www.imodium.com/
>Previously available only by prescription, Imodium A-D has been used for years to treat diarrhea.
>>
File: bram stoker's desk.jpg (17KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
bram stoker's desk.jpg
17KB, 450x360px
FIRST for BJ Zanzibar

http://bjz-backup.droppages.com/
>>
>>51000425
This is a fucking blast from the past
>>
>>50993090

No, population centers exist where they do for a reason, at least the ones that are old enough for Kindred to care about.
I make huge modifications though, like Montreal being the Undead Capitol of the New World and basically serving as the Las Vegas of Vampirism due to it's colder climate, longer winters and greater history of higher density human habitation...
Or alternately making Damascus the spiritual and cultural seat of Vampirism in the Old World rather than Rome since from a population standpoint Damascus was historically inhabited way earlier and has been way more stable than Rome itself.
>>
>>50993090
I'd love to play a game in a small town where you can actually deal with personal issues of becoming a vampire instead of having to do fetch quests for the local vampire overlords.
>>
Dare you to play this softly the next time one of your players is having a scene with loved ones. Bonus if you're playing Vampire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g
>>
>>51000833
>What is Gary By Night?

or

>What is Milwakee By Night?
>>
>>50993340
Requiem actually acknowledges that Rule 0 exists and encourages players to have fun instead of verbally fellate their feelings of mutual angst and faggotry. It is therefore automatically superior to everything which inspired it.
>>
>>51000852
I don't know.
>>
>>50996171
Ease off the throttle there edgelord.

More importantly, who are you trying to impress here? Don't put a square peg into a round asshole and all that...
>>
>>51000901
>IGNORE ASPEL IF HE SAMEFAGS
>>
>>51000858
> verbally fellate their feelings of mutual angst and faggotry

You actually get more of that in Requiem; it's called "a Beat" after where the fags used to go to anonymously suck dick.
>>
>>51000858
I mean angst can be pretty fun honestly.
>>
>>50997469
>Poe
>pretentious
nigger what.
>>
>>51001206
Just ignore the stupid fat Tranny bastard. Everything he says is trolling for a reaction.

>"hey guise, critique out this fansplat I wrote"
>"hmm, well, this isn't very clear here and here, you could do better with characterisation and I think this part directly contradicts...."
>"FUCK YOU, YOU DO BETTER, I'M UNDER PERSONAL ATTACK, X CARD, X CARD!!!"

He's a jealous, spiteful, vindictive little whiner that endlessly complains about living in the US of A instead of just sacking up and moving to Canada. He tells disabled people and gay people that they don't know what they're talking about, he knows their lives and struggles and what they want better than they do. If you think Princess Buttercup the Parkour-Powered Motorbike Rider is a shitty concept, wait until you see the literal "Cosplay Fangirls Turned Hunter For Some Reason" abortion he was touting a few months back. He insists he's disabled when he basically just refuses to leave his house and trolls the internet all day. He believes that Left Wing Extremists can do no wrong and then ignores anyone who points out socialist countries that turned into hellscapes. Above all, he refuses to use a tripcode, because then we could just ignore his bullshit. He's proud of that last part.

It is not for spurious reasons we keep posting
>IGNORE ASPEL

rather, it is to preserve this thread from devolving into another auto-saged mess of arguments over whether or not America can be considered "Great" based on principles taken from a fucking Sid Meier game.

He probably thinks Poe is pretentious because the last real book he read had lift-up flaps.

Actually, he's probably snide and jealous at that book because it has better flaps than him.
>>
So anyone ever play a Sleepwalker in MtA before? You just make a bog standard character without any template right?
>>
>>50998758
Dude there is low hanging fruit and fruit thats rotting under five layers of earth.
>>
>>51001206
Aspel is chimping out again, I'd say he is off his meds but he hasn't left his room in years.
>>
>>51001422
It's a 1-dot merit to be a Sleepwalker. Then you can buy other, Sleepwalker-only merits.

Also if your GM doesn't give you extra experiences to compensate for the lack of a full template, that's weird.
>>
>>51001206
Telling someone not to make video game references but instead make references to Poe because that's high art and somehow ~completely different~ is pretty pretentious. It's not meaningful or interesting, and he didn't say anything worthwhile, he just said to make Poe references, with a strong implication that it's because he feels Poe is more respectable than my video game references.

>>51001325
Poe isn't pretentious, you whiny shit, telling people to make Edgar Allen Poe references because you don't like their video game references is pretentious. Poe was a quiet lonely man who didn't think highly of himself. You're a whiny twat who does. You also can't stop flipping the fuck out whenever I say I don't like one of your stupid ideas, so you have to double down and go "no, your ideas are stupid" and shit up the thread while saying it's all my fault.

Quit shitting up the thread just because someone didn't like your idea. Every fucking time I try to be patient with you, but you just can't fucking handle "that's nice, but I don't really want to do that".

Fuck, why don't you tell me what your Promethean character is? Why don't you sell me on how your concept is more than just dumb references even though mine totally is. Why don't you explain to me why you have a problem with having Parkour and a specialty in Motorcycles? Why don't you tell me why you don't use a tripcode so that *I* can ignore you every time you start whining that your ideas are so useful? You've got this gross fucking obsession with me but you think you're the thread's savior or something.

>>51001454
Saying someone is pretentious isn't "chimping out", this is >>51001325
>>
File: 1332228071898.jpg (196KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
1332228071898.jpg
196KB, 500x658px
>>51001759
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
>IGNORE ASPEL AS HE PROJECTS AND MAKES WANKING NOISES
>>
File: tumblr_mh982jV6vM1r3y74po2_500.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh982jV6vM1r3y74po2_500.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
Now that we've safely established we can ignore Aspel chimping out, let's talk about White Wolf games.

Hey everyone, what was the first World of Darkness book you ever read?

For me it was the introductory kit for Vampire the Masquerade, downloaded and printed on school facilities, kept in a binder and lugged with me to sharehouse RPG sessions. The first intro kit - I could be wrong, but IIRC - ran off 1d6 because it was trying to be more universal. Not that it would have mattered, as I had the full set of poly's from years of AD&D. Disciplines were either "Basic" or "Advanced" versions, and a player prioritized three stats; Social, Mental or Physical, rolling against one of those three depending on situation. There were the seven Camarilla clans and vague references to "The Black Hand" as bad guy vampires, but they were very mysterious and it seemed RAW like they were all the same Clan.

Still, I ran a few sessions with what we had. I was hooked, never looked back.

That was.... 20 years ago.
>>
>>51001759
>Telling someone not to make video game references but instead make references to Poe because that's high art and somehow
Note that the anon did not say any of that in his first post. He was simply trying to be helpfull. He mentioned that the game he proposes is "rather like Darksouls".
>The game could be called "Nevermore". It's rather like Dark Souls, except with heavy influences by Edgar Allen Poe
I don't know why Poe would put you off. It's a classic horror writer and I remember it being cited many times as inspirational media for WoD/CofD books. I mean, it's your character. So, do what you want. But you have been a bit of a dick towards a person who (initially) just wanted to offer some help.
>>
>>51001912
Hell Poes style of gothic is similar to Bloodborne which is another great Fromsoft game.
>>
>>51001858
good advice. answering any question the loser ever posts just inspires defensiveness, trite answers, moving goalposts and unwanted thread bloat. IMH look how the paranoid imbecile acts like there's only three posters, total, and he/she/xie/they/it/derp is being forever persecuted by the other two

>>51001902
mine was a novel, actually. "wyrm wolf" - a ronin child of gaia takes on what, looking back, must have been a bone gnawer that's lost their shit and started eating people, in san fran. i got hooked because it was a werewolf who wasn't just a metaphor for an out of control mentally ill person like aspel
>>
>>51001912
>Note that the anon did not say any of that in his first post.
Aspel never reads a post before flying off the handle, not when there is shitposting to be done!
> But you have been a bit of a dick towards a person who (initially) just wanted to offer some help.
>a bit of a dick
>a bit
Call a spade a spade. Aspel is the cancer that is killing /wodg/.
>>51001902
I honestly can't remember. How silly is that?
>>
>>51001902
Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition.

First one I actually enjoyed reading?
Changeling the Lost, core.
>>
File: in case of vampires.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
in case of vampires.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>51001759
>This user has been ignored

And now, some music!!!
Back in the glory days of White Wolf merch, there was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVcPUUQZ2hQ&list=PLCB1A41B986767715
>>
>>51001858
Why do you never take your own advice?

>>51001912
Yes, and when I disagreed and added that I'm not even all that familiar with Poe, he got whiny and mad and threw out this shit
>But whatever, go with Princess Zeldastein if you have that much of a hard-on for mutilating SNES characters instead of something more high brow.
He explicitly stated that making Poe references would be better because it's high brow.

I also didn't say Poe puts me off. I'm not gnashing my teeth and some Anti-Poeist or something. It just seemed weird to talk about not having ideas for a video game character come to life, give some ideas of what I was thinking about, and then have someone tell me to do something completely different because their idea is more "high brow". This is very clearly the same person who keeps giving me advice, then throws a fit when I say "that doesn't sound like it's where I want to go with this".

The idea for the character is to focus on video game themes as a Promethean. "Leveling up", going against the programming, things like that. Just making a lot of Poe references seems weird. On top of that, it's also not really helpful, because ultimately that was advice for something I didn't really ask. It doesn't change any of the questions I was asking myself, it just paints them with an American Lit 101 coating.

>>51001970
>>51001946
I was a dick to someone flipped out when I asked why they offered the advice they did. You're the cancer killing /wodg/. You just don't want to admit it.
>>
>>51001993
You asked for ideas for the game.
Anon gave them: a game inspired by Poe
You went: but why?
They explained. Poe is more horror than Zelda. We play horror games here.
You chimped out.
>>
>>51001858
Let us celebrate that it will never be picked up as a freelance writer by OPP
>>
>>51001993
>Loser has been ignored
>>51002001
Don't try explaining it to the stupid fat Tranny Bastard, mate, he'll just get defensive and shitty at whatever reasonable attempt you make to explain things.
>>51001902
Mage the Ascension; fuck that game got my imagination fired.
>>
>>51002001
Your standards for "chimping out" seem pretty low.
I asked for ideas, anon gave an idea, I asked why he suggested that specific idea. He got mad and pissy that I didn't like his idea.
"Poe is more horror than Zelda" isn't even a good argument, because as I repeatedly explained, my character is not actually Princess Zelda to begin with.
>>51002029
Jesus Christ, you get this butthurt when someone doesn't want to use your idea and call other people defensive?
>>
>>51002039
>"Poe is more horror than Zelda" isn't even a good argument, because as I repeatedly explained, my character is not actually Princess Zelda to begin with
It's on the sheet, mate.
>>
>>51001902
Hunter: the Vigil.
>>
>>51002048
>Originally I was thinking she'd be a sort of Princess Zelda/Peach >>>sort of character<<<, and now that she's real
>again, this character is not Princess Zelda, I was using a cultural touchstone to help you understand the concept.
>One potential idea for the character is that she was originally intended to be a non-playable side character, the princess that gets rescued and gives quests, as opposed to the player character. I used "Princess Zelda/Peach" as an example.
The character could still even be the same concept, but in Poe World and nothing important changes, except now I'm making references to Ravens as well as leveling up. Normally I'd blame myself for lack of clarity here, but for fucks sake I've spelled it out more than enough.

>>51001902
I joined a Mage: The Awakening game where the ST ignored paths, everyone else was a teenage anime girl, and there was an NPC anime girl with 5 dots in all the Adamantine Hands and she was the Heirarch's daughter and Touhoufag was in that game and his little anime girl was played like an annoying robot who demanded to come along to every situation, regardless of whether someone would bring a little anime girl along or not.
Still, got me interested in the system for reals.
>>
>>51002092
>The character could still even be the same concept, but in Poe World and nothing important changes, except now I'm making references to Ravens as well as leveling up
And the problem with that is? That you didn't come up with the idea yourself? This often seems to be the case with you, you simply cannot accept an suggestion, unless you've come up with it first. Hell, make Shelley references and level-up references. Or stoker references. Anything. I don't care. But just doing level-up shit is... ill fitted to the themes of a CofD game. WHERE LEVELING UP ISN'T EVEN A THING
>>
File: Ila's Ramble.png (492KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Ila's Ramble.png
492KB, 816x1056px
>>51002106
You simply cannot accept that I don't like your suggestions. I take suggestions, just not yours.
>But just doing level-up shit is... ill fitted to the themes of a CofD game. WHERE LEVELING UP ISN'T EVEN A THING
This is why I don't take your suggestions. Because they miss the point entirely. You're right, leveling up isn't even a thing. But the character is from a video game where leveling up *is* a thing. She views the world in video game terminology, much the same way that Ila views the world in programming terminology. That's the entire point. The character's outlook is coloured by the circumstances of their creation. They view the Pilgrimage through the narrative and mechanical structures of video games. They know that they're on a journey of self-discovery, and that to succeed they'll need to grow stronger.

Throwing a few references to Usher and Amontillado doesn't add to that. In fact, it makes the metaphor less pure, and more clunky. More to the point, my original problem was that I'm trying to figure out what the character would have been originally intended for. Though I'll admit as far as that goes, I could have been clearer. The original idea was for her to be an NPC questgiver/damsel in distress type, who now that she's real feels "no, now I'll be the hero and rescue princesses", but I feel like an NPC isn't suitably worth it for someone to obsess over. Her role in whatever original story could have been expanded on, though, and the developer focused on her more and more. Much like Ila, she'd be aware of her other versions, but she wouldn't necessarily be the same as then. Both this character--who I've been calling "Zelda" not as a character name but a concept name--and Ila want to explore reality that isn't limited by their programming.

I'm not sure whether Zelda wants to live up to her creator's expectations but in the real world, or if she rejects them.

But stuff like this >>50994932 doesn't fit remotely with what I'm trying to do.
>>
>>51002208
Guy. I am not the original anon. You're right, you've been completely unclear as to what you wanted. Stop blaming others for that.
>>
>>51002292
I was unclear about one thing, and that doesn't change that "fuck you" isn't an appropriate response to "I don't really feel like that works with what I'm going for".
>>
>>51002303
It sort of is though. Someone puts in work, some unknown person is kind enough to do so. You go: 'meh'. Not even a thanks anyway. That's called being a spoiled little bitch.
>>
I let my players get a cat in my hunter game. Tell me what horrible secrets it might have since they found it in a hall of mirrors possessed by an elder demon
>>
>>51002323
>'hey this cat was possessed by a demon, lets take it home'
>'good idea!'

Your players deserve death
>>
>>51002021
"it" would have to actually have writing skill worth a good goddamn. "It" wrote a Hunter Vigil that amounted to Sailor Moon Cosplay Girls ASSEMBLE, with broken, shitty writing that hopped and leaped around like a broken frog. When "it" was informed this didn't read clearly, "it" got haughty and said the blame lay with the reader.

I really don't see anyone at OPP putting up with a freelancer who goes full Pearl Harbour when the redlines come back. Any honest attempt at critique is met with hostility - goodbye career. Aspel will never be published by anyone, not even the assholes who did FATAL would put up with such blatant chimpanzee antics.
>>
>>51002092
No-one fucking cares. Go take your hormones, you stupid whore.
>Levelling up
Aspel obviously decided to multiclass as a 3rd Level Faggot/Troll

Do you not understand that you're arguing with MULTIPLE PEOPLE, you stupid, miserable, paranoid, mucilaginous little mouthbreather? Kill yourself and free up precious oxygen and water for people who will actually do something worthwhile with their lives instead of clocking up 64,000 hours shitposting on internet forums.

>>51002055
Out of all the Wod Vs. Chrod comparisons, I have to say the Hunter games are the most similar. What say you?
>>
>>51001902
I started out with this internet page with the Masquerade clan descriptions and a few tid bits of lore. Drooled over it for years. I played Bloodlines. And then I finally found a few people willing to play. We started with Requiem, because I thought: I'm not going to study all that metaplot, I do enough studying at school. First session was two of my players trying to climb through the bathroom window of the third's haven. I loved it. Good times. Silly times.
>>
File: 1331898560812.jpg (110KB, 350x377px) Image search: [Google]
1331898560812.jpg
110KB, 350x377px
>>51002208
So basically pic related.

I'm so glad that now we've established you have the emotional skills of a toddler and the communication skills of an Indian call centre employee, we can safely go back to ignoring your imbecilic brainfarts.

Moving right along, let's talk about Onyx Path. What a year, hey?
>>
>>51002432
I disagree. Vigil is more like playing Hunters Hunted than Reckoning. Personally, I think Requiem is pretty close to Masquerade even if there are some differences.
>>
>>51002319
This. Sorry, Asshole. I mean, Aspel. However did I get those two confused? Oh yeah, it's your defining feature....
>>
>>51002319
>>51002393
>>51002465
>>51002475
If everyone were obligated to take any advice given to them, everyone on 4chan would have killed themselves by now.

>>51002432
>pay attention to me, abloobloo!
>>
>>51002323
The cat has 665 souls crammed into it. If another person dies around it, it will transform into an Earthbound.
>>
>>51002480
YOU ASKED FOR ADVICE, YOU EGOTISTICAL FUCK
>>
File: fat bastard on internet.gif (2MB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
fat bastard on internet.gif
2MB, 200x112px
>>51002480
>>pay attention to me, abloobloo!

Aspel in a fucking nutshell. You heard it here first folks, straight from the horse's fetid and decaying mouth.

>>51002323
Shapeshifter?
>>
>>51002480
>If everyone were obligated to take any advice given to them

Perhaps you should stop asking?
Go away?
Try and reconnect with your parents?
Become an activist for the causes you believe in and do shit about it AFK instead of shitposting on 4chan and being the exact kind of person you complain about?

Oh, but that would interrupt your narrative as the eternal victim and five-fold special snowflake, right? How many mental illnesses have you self-diagnosed yourself with this week?
>>
I hope everyone is learning exactly what happens if you bother replying to Aspel.
>>
>>51002480
How the fuck do you have PMS when you don't have functional ovaries? You need to adjust your fucking hormone injections, pal.
>>
>>51002496
Yes, and that advice didn't fit what I was going for. I said as much. Now you fucks are circlejerking that I'm so terrible for not taking your shitty advice. Meanwhile you all whine "IGNORE X" and can't even take your *own* shitty advice.
>>
Thesis: creating a character based on animoo is always a bad idea in a CofD game.
>>
>>50994126
In the dark ages Dresden was irelevant. Try it a bit later with August the strong Grand Duke of Saxony and King of Poland.
>>
>>51002712
Have you ever looked at the sample characters?
>>
>>51002730
>rhetorical question
Yes. Why?
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (35KB, 1048x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
35KB, 1048x179px
>kekd
>>
>>51002323

The cat itself? Perfectly fine, maybe even a real sweetheart. Just don't let it be an outside cat, because while there's nothing malicious about it, it will draw feral cats unto itself to function as a hive mind of cats, controlled by the hall of mirrors cat's sole will. It'll leave by itself in the morning and come back with ten or twenty cats behind it, their eyes now ruby red. Let the cats out again and it's ten or twenty more, still all functioning as extensions to the host cat's body.

Still not entirely a bad thing! Inside cats and outside cats who are tightly owned by people are immune, and the only thing that the Cat Collective seems to want to do is typical cat things, just on a greater scale. Exactly how to break the cat collective and what happens after isn't obvious, but it might just be something liveable!

No, the real problem is that the cat's a huge weirdness beacon for sorcerers and more occultic minded bloodsuckers. They're going to want to see what makes your cat tick, and they don't mind killing your cell to do it.
>>
>>51002786
They're pretty anime.
>>
>>51002323
You know that thing cat's do the first time they see their reflection in the mirror? You know, try and fight themselves? Yeah, this one hasn't stopped doing that. It doesn't always get antagonized by its mirror image. Just sometimes. And when it does, there seems to be something off about the reflection. It's a slightly different cat. Just the wrong hue of orange. A different pattern of patches. The tip of the tail broken. Just a little off.
>>
>>51002934
Not really? Definitely very rarely based on an actual anime or manga.
>>
>>51002794

And that's why you're not supposed to say anything when you're workshopping something. It leads to shit like the previous thousand posts. Take what you can, leave what you don't think you need, and don't try to make a row out of it.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they just don't workshop their stuff on the OPP Forums anyways. It's far more stable than a 4chan thread, it'll make sure your ideas and drafts are around for a while, and there's more moderation, for better or for worse.
>>
>>51002971

I think you'll find that if you apply the Takahashi Scale of Anime on any given CofD sample character, you'll find that they rate at least a "Go" out of a potential "Jū".
>>
>>51002978
Well I can imagine coming here, if you want to hear it as it is. OPP forums can have some "safe space" tendencies, you know: sparing feelings and such. But obviously it is not interested in that.
>>
>>51003031
>"Go" out of a potential "Jū"
That makes no sense. What do karate hard and soft style attacks have to do with this?
>>
>>51002971
Bob the Builder is a Mage.
So is Tom Cruise.
I think Wood Ingram's dumb references are my spirit animal.

>>51002978
>>51003042
I'm an idiot, so I always forget people get pissed off if you tell them you appreciate their advice but don't want to take it. This is faster than the OPP threads, which don't throw a shitfit if you don't listen to them, but also don't have anything to say at all besides "neat".
I *have* actually gotten worthwhile ideas from here, it's just that most of the posts are "do what I tell you, you fat bastard tranny".
The people who's advice I listen to tend not to "chimp out" as the new term seems to be.

>>51003072
五 out of 十
5 out of 10
>>
>>51002323
The cat is horribly obsessed with mirrors. She hisses and spits the first time she sees any mirror. Only the first time, though.

Occasionally, the cat brings a bloody shard of silvered glass and sets it at the foot of the bed of one of the party members. The cat usually has been injured in the process, as if struck by blows, but left unbloody.
>>
>>51002323
There's actually a good plot hook for this in Inferno, but I can't remember the specifics. It was something like the cat could never stay dead, and you got willpower back if you hurt or killed it.
>>
>>51003118
>五 out of 十
Cheers, mate. But what I wanted to know is: what is this scale? Goes my google-algorithm turns up nothing but karate stuff and duck duck go only mentions a Rumiko Takahashi, manga artist. Now I'm guessing it has something to do with the latter. But I'd appreciate you helping me out here. Where can I read about this Scale of the Anime.

Fuck, Aspel. You like to do "joke" write-ups right? Get your weeaboo on and writefor us a Mysterie of the Order, that allows the Dragons to get a 十 / 十 on that scale of yours. Could be good OC. See it as practice.
>>
>>51003192
It's not my scale, I think Anon was making a joke.
I'm not sure how (or why) to make a Mystery of the Dragon based around rating things in Japanese numerals.
>>
File: pure joy.jpg (120KB, 720x666px) Image search: [Google]
pure joy.jpg
120KB, 720x666px
>>51001989
This is pretty fucking good
>>
>>51003213
>why
Shits and giggles first of all. But also: you need to practice. Try and write it up for others to understand, not for yourself.

>It's not my scale.
Make it yours.

>I'm not sure how
I dunno, start with the question: how could the Mysteries have been discovered in Japan?
>>
>>50993090

Wait, does no one else use places like California City in 'alternate' timelines where they actually became significant rather than sad?
>>
>>51003424
>ywn play Demon: The Descent set in Atlantropa
>>
>>51003042

Eh, "as it is" crit has its place, but it's not the only kind of effective crit. It can be full of content or just as empty as others.

>>51003118

>If you tell them you appreciate their advice but don't want to take it

Then don't do that anymore. Put up a damn sticky note on your monitor if you have to. Don't even thank them if you must feel compelled to respond further than that every time you so.

That, and get out of your really bad habit of trying to contextualize and explain away your work when the people whose advice you do listen to show up. Just note down the advice that works, brush over the ones that you feel don't work, and move on. You're not entitled to their opinion just as they're not entitled to hear your opinion of their opinion.
>>
>>51003339

As the official creator of the Takashi Scale of Anime, I hereby grant express written permission for its worldwide use and use in all free galactic territories, to be used in all different contexts.

Please wait warmly for my SRD.
>>
>>51002815
>the Cat Collective seems to want to do is typical cat things, just on a greater scale.
>30 cats all wanna sit on your computer keyboard at the most inopportune time.

I know that's indoor cats but was the first thing I thought of. Aside from that I may use this idea
>>
>>50996378
>not taking the Leslie Nielsen approach
>>
Does this count as a Masquerade violation?

https://streamable.com/o6664
>>
are there any pirate bloodlines out there?
>>
>>51004593
I think you had a real life encouter with an /x/phile
>>
>>51004603
Yes, the Rotgrafen.
>>
>>51004603
There's the Rotgrafen from Bloodlines: the Chosen. They were originally vikings and have some devotions related to navigation.
>>
>>51004593
Didn't make it past "his mate was Hecate, mother of angels".
>>
Don't bully Aspel in the Discord guys. It won't work.
>>
>>51004770
>Aspel gets bullied in the Discord
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>51004693
>>51004691
They don't seem to be swashbuckling rum fanatics. What a shame.
>>
What's the worst you've ever breached the secrecy of your prefered supernatural?

In the last M:tAw session I left 50 people dead of suffocation at an intersection in the middle of North Philadelphia. Plus one cop who shot himself in the head with his service pistol.
>>
>>51002815

>20 cats all circled up around the 1 food dish simultaneously making "I'm hungry" meows in an eerie harmony
>if you listen too closely, it begins to soud like a distant song in a forigen tounge.
>>
File: ClassyNoodles.jpg (112KB, 1200x1151px) Image search: [Google]
ClassyNoodles.jpg
112KB, 1200x1151px
Chirst people take the Hint

IGNORE X

and keep it sticky to the top. And fuck you X if you want to stay on thread at least do everyone the common decency to NOT call yourself out when you DON'T want public hate. That's classic attention Whoring Behavior and people are getting sick of it
>>
>>51005586
Aspie made the thread, so he removed the warning from the pasta.
>>
GURPS
>>
>>51005586
I don't call myself out, you do. You even call people who aren't me out as me. I do what every other poster does, I'm just more identifiable.
>>51005599
No I didn't. I stopped making the threads months ago.
>>51005612
NO.
Actually, has anyone played the GURPS versions of Masquerade/Apocalypse/Ascension? How do they compare? With a different team or writers, how is the tone, and how do the mechanics differ other than 3d6 roll under versus d10 dicepools?

Are the Clans still defined little packages, or are they more customizable?
>>
>>51005693
>I'm just more identifiable.
Don't do this. Or if you insist. Take a trip. That way people who keep engaging you in aggressive conversation can filter your comments out. So that the rest of us don't need to see the generals being shat up on a daily basis. Show a little community spirit. Take one for the team.

If not and you continue down this road, you'll just gather more detractors and you will never be taken serious.
>>
I was going over the horror creation rules in the Chronicles of Darkness core book and I stumbled upon this line

>For really large, unusual Horrors like a sentient, hateful house, consider breaking its Size (and therefore Health) into discrete chunks rather than giving the Horror a single 75-box Health track.

Would it be inappropriate to make a giant boss monster whose limbs the PCs have to target to bring it down so they can attack its vulnerable head?
>>
>>51006727
Seems to be entirely within the realm of possibilities. Make a nice hydra out of it.
>>
>>51006774
Is there a good way to do it and still pretend I am playing a horror game?
>>
>>51006727
>Gimmick boss
>>51006893
Yeah. I mean, there are a ton of places some giant monster could be fought in the WoD. The Hedge, the Shadow, the Underworld, the Astral. Don't worry about "is this particular scene horror", just focus on how it fits in a larger narrative. Though I would suggest not killing it all at once. Like, have a big monster inside of the house or whatever and as they go through the rooms they confront the pieces of it.
>>
>>51006893
Why not. I'm not sure what specific kind of setting you're playing in. More details may help. But a large range of possibilities exists: from Cthulhu, to a murderous Haunted castle, to an actual Hydra that (perhaps) escaped Arcadia.
>>
PIRATE BLOODLINE fuck yeah

Daeva: Celerity, Majesty, Resilience, Vigor

Flaw: [Pirate vampires] serve only their cruel mistress, and she is greedy. If a [pirate vampire] feeds, she needs to make an offering to the sea in order to gain sustenance herself. To feed [the pirate vampire] must first sacrifice at least 2 points of the victim’s blood, preferably shedding it into the ocean or another large body of salt water. Alternatively, without making an offering, she can roll her Humanity while feeding. With a success she feeds and gains sustenance as any vampire would. Otherwise, blood becomes mud and salt water in her throat, making her retch up more of her precious Vitae.

Gift: When submerged in seawater, a [pirate vampire] can spend 1 Vitae to naturally regenerate 1 Bashing damage per subsequent turn of full submersion. The wounds stay visible as if a point of Willpower had been spent to retain his scars over the course of the day. Lethal and Aggravated damage cannot be healed or downgraded using [the bloodline’s] Gift.

Merit - Scarifications 1, 3 or 5
Prerequisites: [Bloodline] member, Celerity 1 or Vigor 1, Resilience 3
Effect: When you purchase this merit, choose an active effect of either Celerity or Vigor. This power forms the basis for the symbols you ink or carve into your flesh. The scars have to be created using something representing either storm velocities or the waves’ might. If you have the 1 dot version of Scarifications, you can benefit from the active effect chosen once per Scene free of charge, twice with the 3 dot version and thrice if you have 5 dots of Scarifications.

This merit can be bought multiple times, but only once for each of Celerity and Vigor’s active effects.
Drawback: To purchase a dot of Scarifications you need to spend 1 point of Willpower.
>>
File: Hope.jpg (223KB, 1560x669px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.jpg
223KB, 1560x669px
>>50993090
I'm currently running a Cofd/CoC campaign in a self created location of a collection of towns in Washington called Crosswood County. Mainly inspired by Twin Peaks, Deadly Premonition, True Detective, Alan Wake, and a few other things. It's sort of my attempt to make a Lovecraft County of sorts. I think it's going pretty well and it's become a favorite in our group. This would the second campaign run in the town but is the latest in a campaign that has been running for five years now and has been broken into about eight parts. I've thought about compiling my notes into a comprehensive source book with plot hooks, locations, and whatnot but I don't know how many people would be interested. Notably it is a super comfy, quaint setting in small towns of pleasant people where the shadows are a bit darker. My friend even spliced together a little fan art of one of the towns, Hope.
>>
>>51007071
Neat.
>>
>>51005693
>I don't call myself out, you do. You even call people who aren't me out as me. I do what every other poster does, I'm just more identifiable.

>>50997469
>a) Guess who, motherfucker

THIS IS EXACTLY THE SHIT ANON WAS TALKING ABOUT. You want to be known. You're continual Confirmation in face of continued hostility is staggering dumb. Anon has continually pointed this out, but you continually jump into the obvious pitfall. Lots of nicer Anons have pointed this out, but you've alienated them by not actually taking the advice to heart. So you're left with active annoyance and aggression

At this point you're just being an attention whore
>>
>>51007068
I don't really feel like the Bloodline Bane is good. It should involve Humanity in some way [more than just "roll Humanity to see if you fuck up"], and it should inform how you go about playing the character, not just be a feeding restriction.

I'd suggest capping their dicepools (possibly just for resisting Frenzy, interacting with mortals, whatever) at [Humanity] on land, *or* treating their Humanity as being two lower for the purposes of Banes etc on land. Call it the Dutchman's Curse.

Also, is that gift that they spend 1 vitae and heal Bashing as long as they stay in the water? Seems a bit... lame. The 'drawback' that they gain scars also feels unnecessary.

I'm iffy on the Merit, too. It's not bad as a Merit or Discipline, it's just... doesn't pop, either. Spending a point of Willpower when you take the Merit isn't much of a drawback, either, since you'll get the scars in the boat or a tattoo parlor.

Since you're going for more of a rapacious sea dog type pirate, I'd suggest Protean or Nightmare instead of Resilience. But then again, Daeva pirates seem like a weird choice to begin with.

Also, another suggestion? Make them a Covenant instead, and give them a Mystery Cult style merit.

>>51007152
Did you miss the part where "guess who" referred to how the anon was calling me out?
>>
>>51007068
>Resilience 3
why resilence 3 when the other only require the first dot? The drawback on the merit is weird. Did you mean Dot of willpower? otherwise spending a point isn't really that bad.

Scarification is cool, and like a neat vitea savings

Also I think the flaw needs a little work. There is a bloodline that requires the vampire to be submerged in water to feed. Maybe borrow from that. I like the flaw thematically, but the requirement is a bit rough.
>>
>>51007311
>Did you miss the part where "guess who" referred to how the anon was calling me out?

>>51007152
>You're continual Confirmation in face of continued hostility is staggering dumb
>>
>>51007311
>I don't really feel like the Bloodline Bane is good.
After posting I already started changing it around:

"To feed [the pirate vampire] must first sacrifice at least 2 points of the victim’s blood, preferably shedding it into the ocean or another large body of salt water. Otherwise, blood becomes mud and salt water in her throat, making her retch. Alternatively, without making an offering, she can roll her Humanity while feeding. With each success 1 point of blood, just consumed, gains her 1 Vitae. Any excess points of blood will turn to sand and tears in her stomach, making her vomit out 2 points of Vitae."

>on land
I am working on Dutch background lore. Dutchman's Curse is a good suggestion for a name, at least as a placeholder. Cheers for that.

I've though about restricting actions on land (my course of thinking brought me to consider capping Anchor WP replenishment), but then I thought that it'd not be something that'd come up in a [pirate vampire's] night to night unlife. Presumably they spend 90% of it on a ship.

>Seems a bit... lame.
I thought it'd be quite practical ffor when you find yourself battered in a deckside fight. Take a refreshing dive and you're good to go.

>The 'drawback'
Is not a drawback so much. It's an explication of a formal consequence or of another prerequisite, it plays on the idea that spending WP in the context of healing wounds usually involves retaining their scars.

>the Merit... doesn't pop, either.
YMMV

>isn't much of a drawback, either
See above.

>Daeva pirates seem like a weird choice to begin with.
Nah, they're perfect. They are the most naturally combat capable clan and they have Majesty to inspire loyalty in their crews. Not to mention the fact that the Daeva curse'll make for an interesting relation to the crew anyhow.

>Make them a Covenant instead,
I've recently redone the Carnival bloodline as a Covenant. So yeah, I've considered this. But I'd like to make this a bloodline.
>>
>>51006893
Man don't stress about if an encounter is 'dark and stormy' enough for a horror game. Occasional goofiness is good otherwise games turn into a downward spiral of hopelessness and misery. Light hearted moments must exist for dark moments to have any impact in a chronicle/campaign.
>>
>>51007363
>>51007068

Mara
VTR: Circle of the Crone (book) , p.180-183

The Mara can only gain substenance from a vessel when they and/or their victim is submerged head to toe in liquid. In fact, the blood drained in a "dry feeding" is mystically transformed to water in the vampire's throat, and is vomited back up immediately. Since there is no way to prevent this transformation, members of the bloodline must be very careful to avoid hunger frenzy when they are not in a body of water.
>>
>>51007544
Keep them a bloodline mate. Covenants works, when they start off as an ideology. And Pirate vampires is more of a theme than a manifesto against the man.

Keep it simple Battle warriors and a passion for the sea. perfect fit for a Daeve. thats plenty to work with for a bloodline
>>
>>51007571
>>51007363
>flaw needs a little work
What do you mean with a "rough" requirement? I don't quite follow.

>The Mara
Fuck me, that sounds similar already. I did not know these existed.

>Why Resilience 3 and C/V 1
Because I needed something to represent the link between the retained scarification and the free/per scene active C/V effects. Adding more dot requirement for c/v would bloat an already quite costly prerequisite checklist.

An alternative could be R 2 and C or V 2
>>
>>51007544
>>51007571
>>51007729
I just feel like the Mara style flaw doesn't work well with 2e sensibilities. You've given them a very 1e Flaw.
And I suggested "The Dutchman's Curse" as a name specifically because my Bane suggestions were a reference to the Flying Dutchman legend, a ghost ship that could never make port.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Dutchman
Plus, you know, the Pirates of the Caribbean baddies.

>Presumably they spend 90% of it on a ship.
Well sure, but that's all the more reason that they would. Being on land is bad for them.

About the merit, like I said, it's a good merit, and I like it on it's own, it just doesn't feel very piratey. That said, make it require Vigor or Celerity at the dot cost.

>I've recently redone the Carnival bloodline as a Covenant
Tell me more. How'd you handle their freakshow bullshit? My first thought would be something like Coils. Actually, that'd be a neat way to handle it... an Ordo offshoot.

>>51007704
Pirate vampires may not be a manifesto against the man, but pirates for real? Most pirates were deserters from pressgangs, or rescued slaves, or people who just hated their shitty lives with royal navies and preferred the more democratic life of robbery.
>In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labour. In this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst is only a sour look or two at choking? No, a merry life and a short one shall be my motto.

Pirates were actually some of the first democratic governments in the new world. But then the Seers and Thearchs teamed up and shut that Nassau shit down, preventing a much earlier rise of the Free Council.
>>
>>51007729
>Scarification
Oh did you meen AND instead of OR? if it's an and, you can safely drop the requirement to 1 vigor 1 celerity 1 resilience1. That shows enough of an adaption to all the physical disciplines. to get across what you're going for.

>flaw
I mean it's feels like you're adding two mechainics together when you don't need to. Also the requirement of salt water means you'd only be able to play these guys on the coast. Which is cool and I totally get it. Salty dogs and all that. but there's no need to quite hem them in that much.

>Mara
They're a gangrle bloodline in 1ed. But that doesn't mean it's the only water focused bloodline.

>Gift
Look at Blood and Smoke page 108 Open wound. While under water they get free regen but suffer from open wounds bane.

Plays up the zombie pirate vibes
>>
Can fears unrelated to self-preservation cause a vampire to frenzy?

How does one flee from fear of dying alone?

>tfw you have a public speaking engagement at the claustrophobically small, yet agoraphobically exposed community clown college
>>
>>51007704
>>51007544

The difference between vampire pirate and regular pirates isn't enough to make a covenant. And would be better filled with Carthians on sea ships. Stick to the bloodline. as the Combat disciplines are what your really going after. Scarification the Gift of the line is an amplification of that idea
>>
>>51001464
If you buy any Sleepwalker-only merit, you're a Sleepwalker. You don't have to buy the Sleepwalker merit - that's for vanilla Sleepwalkers.
>>
>>51007924
>Look at Blood and Smoke page 108 Open wound. While under water they get free regen but suffer from open wounds bane.
This is actually pretty good. OP should also look at Blood of the Unwilling and use that as a base if he wants to go with the "feed the sea" route.

I kinda want to make some pirate vampires.
We should all make pirate vampires.
>>
>>51008053
If it has a requirement: Sleepwalker You need the Sleepwalker Merit
>>
>>51008089
Yeah. Correction for >>51008053: if you buy any *Supernatural* Merit, you're a Sleepwalker.
You don't need the Sleepwalker Merit to buy the ones with "Sleepwalker only", but you do need to be a Sleepwalker already.
The 1 dot Sleepwalker merit is just... "I don't want psychic powers, but I still want to be a Sleepwalker".
It's also something the ST should give you for free. Sort of like when you make friend in-game and you get Allies.
>>
Do half-templates count as sleep-walkers?
>>
>>51002323
>>51002955
>>51003160
The cat hunts down rogue reflections. Then it carries their corpses under your doorstep. Some remain on the mirror-side, which means you can't remove them when they start to stink.
>>
>>51008062
Thanks and Yes yes we should.
>>
>>51008148
I your character's reaction to something supernatural isn't "wow, Vegas magic is getting really advnaced these days", they're sleepwalker
>>
>>51008148
Anything with inherent supernatural aspects is a Sleepwalker.

This includes all "half-templates", anyone with supernatural Merits, and any Hunters with an Endowment that works off of magic that's a part of them (so not Relic or Advanced Armoury).
>>
>>51008089
Sleepwalker (•)
Prerequisite: Integrity
With this Merit, your character is considered a Sleepwalker. Effect: The character is immune to the Curse, causes no Dissonance, and follows the other guidelines for Sleepwalkers in this section.
>This Merit is not necessary for a character with any other Supernatural Merit involving an internal power, or any supernatural template.
>>
>>51008254
̶M̶e̶r̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶"̶S̶l̶e̶e̶p̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶"̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶l̶e̶e̶p̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶l̶e̶e̶p̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶.̶
W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶o̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶P̶s̶y̶c̶h̶o̶k̶i̶n̶e̶s̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶l̶e̶e̶p̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶t̶.̶

Actually, fuck all that I said:
>Sleepwalker Merits
>The following Merits are intended for characters with a hint of the supernatural about them. All confer Sleepwalker status on the character, but are not permitted for Awakened characters.
They have the prerequisite of being a Sleepwalker... but they make you a Sleepwalker just by having them. So you don't need to have Psychokinesis to be Deadpan or a Banner-Bearer. That's kind of bad editing. None of them actually require you to be a Sleepwalker, they MAKE you a Sleepwalker.
>>
>>51008254
The merits in the Sleepwalker section that have the Prerequisite: Sleepwalker requires the character to qualify as a sleepwalker before taking them.

It would be illogical to let the merit being bought be it's own self prerequisite
>>
>>50993090
Melville, Indiana.

A big-ish city that's "big enough to be a big city but small enough to not be the state capital" vaguely defined with a large stretches of forest in and out of the urban sprawl. Predominantly populated with kindred and Changeling.
>>
>>51008442
>it would be illogical to let the merit being bought be its own self prerequisite
Well... I agree with you, but... >>51008432 that's kind of how it is.
>>
Hello Tg i am running a Forsaken game and the player started as cubs (meaning only auspice and no tribe) one of them wants to join the Blood Talons.

Any good ideas for what "test" the blood talons could give this cubs to do? Is hunting a pure too much plot convenience/hard? In the sense of what are the chances of finding a lone pure werewolf who dont happen to have a pack that will murder the cub (who only has 1 gift).
>>
>>51004770
>Don't bully Aspel in the Discord guys. It won't work

What the hell is a Discord?
>>
>>51009020
IRC for the aughties.
>>
File: the notebook.png (283KB, 854x415px) Image search: [Google]
the notebook.png
283KB, 854x415px
>>51009076
Link to the channel? I need my collection to grow.
>>
>>51009146
What the hell is that from?
http://discord.me/cofd

Note: this is NOT a /wodg/ Discord, it's a http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Resources Discord.
>>
File: the tunnels.jpg (550KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
the tunnels.jpg
550KB, 600x450px
>>51009211
Expired link.

I think it's from True Detective.
>>
>>51009273
Huh. That's the one that says it's the quick link.
https://discord.gg/4gk2J
>>
>>51008811
It will vary between different Talons. Have you decided what do these Talons do?
- Militant crusaders might expect you to go against a Pure, but that's pretty hardcore, and will shape the chronicle.
- Duelists might ask you to stalk one of them. Not enough to win, but enough to impress.
- Talons who value dignity and composure will acknowledge your desire to join, and say they need to think about it. Then they arrange for you to fall into deep trouble (staged), to see how you react.
- If they want to see your dedication they take you on a dangerous hunt - as bait. They expect you to lure a deadly target to the killing grounds.
>>
>>51000425
>>51000495
I'm so glad I posted that backup.
>>
>>51001902
>VtM Quickstarts

I really like the quickstarts for their simplicity. I'd totes run a game using them.
>>
I had a thought for a chronicle:
Iconic movie slashers actually existed. Heroes find themselves back in time and decide to fix history. That involves saving little Jason, making sure Freddy Krueger is legally arrested and taking away momma Bates' maternity rights.
>>
>>51005693
I guess I'll be the one person to answer;
I want to try GURPS Masquerade real bad. I wrote some houserules for it to make it a little more true to the setting, and I do just generally like the mechanics of GURPS (Far better combat mechanics than either WoD, at least), but sadly everyone in my group vomits at the mere mention of GURPS.

It has some solid mechanics, and while chargen is of course a little more flexible, you still have different clans, clan disciplines, etc. It's just that it's much easier to get non-clan disciplines with it.
>>
>>51010615

I still wonder about the time line where GURPS WoD didn't get killed by White Wolf and it got to have the rest of the oWoD settings.
>>
>>51010782
I can see why they cancelled it. The core idea of WoD's system is almost the exact opposite of GURPS. GURPS is typically more in-depth and made to simulate realistic outcomes of things, where as WoD's system is a lot simpler and made to get things done very fast and very easily.
>>
>>51010921

That'd be a fair reason if that was actually why they cancelled it. Usenet records makes it pretty clear that a lot of it was creator control squabbles.
>>
What are the advantages and disadvantages of tier 1 and tier 3?
>>
>>51010057
Could be cool. Reminds me of Sliders or Quantum Leap
>>
>>51011101
Firepower verse flexibility. Powerful with a lot of over sight or freeballing with a lot of freedom to do as you wish
>>
>>51010970
I never knew that. Sounds shitty.
>>
>>51010782
>>51010921
>>51010970
>>51011254
Basically, what happened was that Steve Jackson decided he didn't really like the idea, and Mark Rein-dot-Hagen decided to go with something inspired by Shadowrun's system instead.
SJ saw Masquerade was *hot* and rushed it out, because they still had the license for it, even if they decided not to use it. They also had Apocalypse and Ascension, so they released those as well.

I have no idea how accurate this is.

>>51010057
This sounds like a great Conspiracy. But I'm not sure how exciting the actual chronicle would be. Save a kid from drowning, report some child abuse...
>>
>>51011331

Almost but not quite.

Rein•Hagen actually got the Shadowrun system designer to help make Storyteller, which is why it uses d10s while SR only uses d6es, the designer figured Storyteller needed some more granularity. VtM was licensed to SJG and GURPS as a kind of backup, since Ars Magica was doing all right in sales and if VtM never made it, well, they could still make some scratch with SJG's dime.

VtM ended up selling well. Really well. And SJG still had the rights for their own game. It was a no brainer to do a GURPS version, and Werewolf and Mage soon followed. People really liked them, with GURPS VtM winning an Origin Award for Best Gaming suppliment.

So what happened? White Wolf was very hands on with the property: SJG could only fill their GURPS material with compilations of material from published WoD books, and only certain ones that White Wolf got to pick. Things got more intense over creative control until GURPS Mage, which culminated in a White Wolf exec and a Steve Jackson exec screaming at each other over the phone. There was no more GURPS WoD after that.
>>
>>51009590

I am using the denver sourcebook. So most talons are in mixed packs.

I have a biker gang talon from the lodge of 1000 teeths that fight pures on the roads near the rookies.

A all talon pack of military apocaliptic cult that have a compound who have cultist and hunt pure.

And a guy from the lodge of garm who wants to hunt pure elders because they kill his dad but the rest of his pack arent all on board with that.
>>
>>51010615

I really wanna find gurps mage i heard is prettt good
>>
>>51009590

Also i am running as standard as i can werewolf so tribes are not as important as pack. From what i got from the 2nd core is that tribes (except in those game when the dms make it a thing) arent really organized

The soon-to-be blood talon is a combat oriented rahu with only the first full moon gifts. But i dont know what could be a good challenge for him to join the tribe. Should be an solitary hunt?

The players arent a pack yet nor they havr a totem.

I am thinking maybe having the garm blood talon sending him to hunt a pure ivory claw cub who happens to be the son of an elder ivory claw. So as to lure the elder for the garmist to kill the elder.
>>
>>51012018
So Google?

http://docslide.us/documents/gurps-mage-the-ascensionpdf.html
>>
LOL Aspel got schooled
stupid fat tranny bastard

>>51012232
How does the magic system differ under GURPS?
>>
Oh hey, a World of Darkness thread? Sweet. I think that's one of Monte Cook's most underappreciated settings.
>>
>>51012897
>not sure if troll
Yeah I think that setting had like spirit nuke go off and then suddenly werewolves and vampires and sorcerers running around
>>
>>51012777
No I didn't?

>>51012897
>Monte Cook's World of Darkness
Did the doctor that dropped you ever get hit with a malpractice suit?
>>
Tell me about your Changeling the lost freeholds /wod-cofdg/
>>
>>51012976
>>51012976

Sounds like some Shadowrun shit
>>
>>51012976
>Yeah I think that setting had like spirit nuke go off

Close, the setting was post-apocalyptic, due to an alien race called The Inconnu showing up and basically acting out the "bad ending" from the first Hellboy movie.

>>51013007
Made you look, you narcissitic attention whore. Shut up and take your hormones, you stupid fat tranny bastard. Then go cry some more in the dumpster fire of the OPP forums. Maybe someone will care about your "Princess Peach only SHE'S A SPLAT" abortion over there. They might even want to help you make Donkey Kong the Tzimiscce Voivode or whatever else oxygen-starved insanity your two pederastic brain cells vomited up on the keyboard.
>>
>>51013238
fairs fair. I only really remember it because of my brother. But I did remember the Ranvos nuke, so I was probably confusing the two. I remember my brother pitching it as d20 mechanics with world of darkness, and then talking about the epicenter being in north America. The epicenter being the most fucked up and the outer rings being less and less fucked up. Also less supernaturals springing up. And then like the armed forces coming out and quarantining the area
>>
Can vampires cure mortal diseases w/o ghouling or embracing somebody?

I'm planning on doing a Mage/Vampire crossover for some friends (I know, I know).

My idea right now is that a young apprentice gets kidnapped and the party cabal is sent to find her and deal with the kidnappers.

They'll eventually figure out a high humanity elder Daeva's morality pet/touchstone has comedown with breast cancer and he's trying to cure her without 'tainting' her with the curse. However, everybody else in the awakened/kindred community seems to be trying to kill this girl.

Sound reasonable? Or should I try something else?
>>
>>51013376
MCWoD centered around an extradimensional invasion, which ended up happening in a major city and it looked like a nuke and was played off as a terrorist attack. The setting isn't terrible; vampires are corpses possessed by extradimensional beings, werewolves are people with spirits from this space; and demons are these things that possessed inanimate objects. And normal humans became OWoD Hunter-equivalents.
>>
>>51013424
Blood doesn't 'cure' diseases; it'll mitigate the effects if they spend the vitae to heal the damage the disease is causing, and they won't age, but it'll still be in the person.
>>
>>51013424
>Can vampires cure mortal diseases w/o ghouling or embracing somebody?

Not curing. but you can definitely putting it into static freeze by ghouling.

I mean as far as your plot. The Daeva coming to terms with mortality could very well be a interesting plot point. Breast Cancer is treatable. It's not pretty but it it. (breast loss, hair loss, energy loss)

So you can propose the question is tainted beauty or untainted life more important to this Daeve and his pet/touchstone? You've got a real story there fellow
>>
>>51013523
Hence the issue with vampire bites spreading communicable blood-borne illness. You know, like Aspel and his needles.
>>
File: masquerade.png (73KB, 742x1010px) Image search: [Google]
masquerade.png
73KB, 742x1010px
>>51013710
>IGNORE THE FAT TRANNY BASTARD
>>
>>51013157
It was basically WoD Shadowrun, but in d20, because Monte Cook at that time was basically shoving every fucking thing into the D20 system, whether it fit be damned.

>>51013238
>wah wah, I want my bottle
Aren't Inconnu a thing in the normal WoD setting, that aren't aliens?

>>51013424
It will cure them if the disease is something physical in some cases (ghouling someone who's injured is common, though a congenital disease probably wouldn't be fixable). I would say that cancer is something that could probably be cured by spending a bit of vitae (treat it like healing Aggravated: 5 vitae, and some time). But for it to be part of a larger story? I'd say it would take a much longer period than a day or two. And a lot more vitae. And it could have side effects, like the tumour becoming a monster and scampering off to assault people and grow.

Of course, a ghoul would be better off getting a breast removal and then healing it. But that's not as interesting a story.
>>
Daily reminder: Ignore X
>>
>>51013841
Let's just all ignore each other. The thread would be better
>>
>>51013961

It certainly can't be worse than the usual slapfights.
>>
>>51013601
>>51013749

That's a good point. I might use the conflict between what he wants and what she wants for the climax of the chronicle.

I was thinking for the purposes for the crossover that old man Daeva would be trying to strong-arm/bribe any mage he can find into curing his touchstone who is ignorant of the supernatural all together. I'm assuming that my mage PC's will be wise enough to not try and cure late term cancer on a sleeper (they've been exceptionally ethical in every game we've played).
>>
>>51013961
>Let's just all ignore each other.

I'd rather just ignore someone who regularly insists on getting the last word, no matter how incorrect or insane they sound, like a six year old with behavioural issues.

Aspel, in other words.

>>51014472

How is curing cancer unethical? The powers of a Mage exist for a reason, and the powers themselves are neutral. Surely curing cancer is doing something for the greater good?
>>
>reading the 1e mysterium order book
>motherfucker in the first story kidnaps a dude, kills a bunch of cannibals then straight up murders him when he cant keep his knowledge out of the hands of the free council fuckwits that have to ruin everything

Man mages really are dicks..
>>
>>51015116
Well yeah, what would you do if you have phenominal fucking cosmic power?
>>
>>51015181
Rob banks honestly..
>>
>>51015181
I'd destroy the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Catholic Church, one building at a time. Then I'd wipe the Australian Christian Lobby off the map.

Finally, I'd turn Cardinal Pell into a sentient bong, so he can spend the next 40 years clogged up with burnt gunk in a sharehouse in Woy Woy, pleading to a God he no longer believes in for a death that will never come.
>>
>>51015316
Because every other mage wouldnt go after you for using your powers in such a blatant, world changing manner.
>>
>>51015116

Khonsu is a great character. He appears in other supplements and the Mage fiction anthology. He's also a 2e signature character.

Besides, the baseball themed cabal were a bunch of assholes. That particular story is one continued in the anthology. They should not have fucked with Khnonsu.
>>
>>51015345
If Mages were that capable of "going after" each other they never would have survived to the Modern Nights with multiple factions, now would they?

Besides, it would be well worth it to nuke pedophile havens masquerading as mainstream religions. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, Anon.
>>
>>51015316

Anon, you have serious issues.

Also, as the other Anon mentioned, larged religious groups in the CofD like what you describe are no doubt protected by supernatural patrons, including other powerful mages. The Paternoster Ministry love to teach you the error of your ways.
>>
>>51015425

Consilia were developed precisely to prevent mages from "going after" one another.

Also, as an aside, note that "pedophile havens" exist well beyond religious institutions, including some liberal groups and interests. Don't forget matters like the multiple BBC cover-up and United Nations peacekeepers and staff.

Pedophiles have tragically been protected by the rich and powerful from across the political spectrum.
>>
>>51015099
Not the same anon. By 'ethical' I assume he meant magic that won't cause mind rape on people who witness it. Like someone dying of terminal cancer would suffer if their illness disappears instantly.

As for the 'greater good' the road to hubris always begins with trying to do the 'right thing'.

Ignoring paradox for a moment why shouldn't a Thrysus open a soup kitchen and stamp out hunger in an entire region? Or an Obrimos provide infinite clean energy for the world?

Other than collapsing the global economy you'll turn the general populace into pets not people.

Why stop curing cancer in random people? Let's go farther and end all public health problems. Idiot people keep living like crap it would be better if I just magically make them stop smoking, drinking, IV drug abuse. While we're at it people should really get more fiber in their diet and more cardiovascular exercise we should change human behavior to make sure they do that as well. In fact all of this would be easier if I could just ascend and change reality so people will have to live healthier less disease prone lives it's for the best. Wait why is everyone at the counsilia calling me a wannabe exarch?
>>
>>51015445
I suspect every single exorcist in the Vatican is either a Mage or a Werewolf. Before Pope Benedict there weren't very many of them, but there was still a Storm Lord Lodge that are made of official Catholic Exorcists.
>>
>>51015625
I want to become the Minor Exarch of Healthy Living.
>>
>>51015625
So in other words, Mages should never use their powers ever? No-one should try to make the world a better place in any way, because it discourages people's "free will" to be dicks to each other and makes someone a "wannabe exarch", so let's all sit around contemplating our navels?

What a shitty game. At least Ascension had decent themes instead of "fuck you Jack, I've got mine".
>>
>>51015707
Not him, but fuck no.
Only High-Wisdom Mages ever durdle around in their own affairs for fear of every upsetting someone else's complete and utter free will.
>>
>>51015707
>hubris intensifies
>>
File: 1445429938522.jpg (436KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1445429938522.jpg
436KB, 1920x1200px
Why is there no IRC for WoD?
>>
>>51015823
>>51016327
Cool. Now we've established that in a game about Mages, no-one is actually allowed to cast any Magic, I can safely skip over that entire gameline. Into the trash it goes.

>hubris intensifies
Nigga please, the whole point in having power is using it. Otherwise it's just pretty words on a character sheet.
>>
>>51016626
Well, it's not that nobody is allowed to cast any Magic, it's more that hubris is a theme of the game and pretending otherwise betrays the point.

It's kind of like how in Werewolf you are trying to not flip your shit all the time and kill people but, guess what, you're Werewolves and have anger issues, so you do that from time to time.
>>
>>51016626
>Now we've established that in a game about Mages, no-one is actually allowed to cast any Magic

herpa derpa bug, herpa derpa feature.

Ascension forever.
>>
>>51016655
>Well, it's not that nobody is allowed to cast any Magic, it's more that hubris is a theme of the game and pretending otherwise betrays the point.
Let me see if I've got this straight. You're saying that Hubris is a major part of the game, but no-one is allowed to do anything Hubristic? Wow, what stellar logic. That's like saying dying is a major theme of an Immortals campaign.

>kind of like how in Werewolf you are trying to not flip your shit all the time and kill people but, guess what, you're Werewolves and have anger issues, so you do that from time to time.

"time to time"?

The entire point of the game is shredding something as a ball of rage and fur. The mechanics are entirely constructed around this premise. Efforts to run counter to that are utterly lampooned and abandoned wholescale. (anybody remember the Pacifist Flaw from Children of Gaia sourcebook, back in 2002?). The game is structured in such a way to encourage you to do this, for the sake of a thing we call "fun". Do you remember "fun", Anon? It's that thing we used to play TTRPG for before we disappeared up our own arses and started masturbating about "high concepts", "asking the BIG questions", "exploring themes to make us better people" and all the rest of that buzzword Gencon presentation bullshit.
>>
>>51016776
>Let me see if I've got this straight. You're saying that Hubris is a major part of the game, but no-one is allowed to do anything Hubristic? Wow, what stellar logic. That's like saying dying is a major theme of an Immortals campaign.

Lol no, that's the exact opposite of what I said. I said that you're supposed to be simultaneously discouraged from behaving in a hubristic fashion, yet behooved to do so anyway. Hubris drives you mad but if you're some kind of monk you're going to get your shit kicked in, so you've got to do this balancing act of getting shit done and not going overboard with it.

Glad we could clear that up.
>>
>>51015625
>Other than collapsing the global economy you'll turn the general populace into pets not people

Sleepers aren't pets???
>>
>>51015625
>shouldn't a Thrysus open a soup kitchen and stamp out hunger in an entire region? Or an Obrimos provide infinite clean energy for the world?

That would leave little time for the far more important tasks of finding and solving Mysteries and increasing a mage's Gnosis and power.
>>
>>51015680
>I suspect every single exorcist in the Vatican is either a Mage or a Werewolf. Before Pope Benedict there weren't very many of them, but there was still a Storm Lord Lodge that are made of official Catholic Exorcists.

Pope Benedict is obviously an Ochemata of the Father
>>
Best bargain on White Wolf products you ever got.

GO
>>
>>51017552
Free, from the mega. Someone had to say it.
>>
File: 1341422044904.jpg (117KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1341422044904.jpg
117KB, 467x700px
>>51017552
Vampire Masq. Revised, 5 euros. Postage to my country sucked a bit, but the low price more than made up for it. Best of all, it felt "used, but not abused".
>>
>I bet the Nosferatu did this!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2009-12-18/needles-found-in-black-magic-toddlers-heart/1183100
>>
>>51017568
You know, if you actually buy the books you like the look of, they might make more of them instead of going bankrupt?

Again?
>>
>>51016540
I'd be surprised if there isn't one. The question is where it is.
>>
>>51017891
>Black Magic
>Implying its not the filthy Tremere.
>>
>>51016776
>Let me see if I've got this straight.
You don't.

Mage is fundamentally about the quest for enlightenment. This journey involves the mage acquiring exceptional power over reality; however, this power is a distraction from the true goal of ascension. This is not to suggest that mages do not or should not use that power. Mages, by their very nature, find themselves under assault from a variety of supernatural threats while also frequently being the only one capable of preserving the community from such threats. The unfortunate thing is that, after centuries of wielding such awesome powers, mages tend to become full of themselves as they grow increasingly isolated from the sleeper community. The road to hell is long and paved with good intentions.

There's another major theme in the game worth mentioning: consensual reality and the Ascension War. The factions are fighting a mage war for literal control over reality. NO ONE IS GOING TO ACCOMPLISH THIS FEAT WITHOUT MAGIC. In order to shift consensus in the direction of your choice, you have to work amazing feats of will to bring the expectations of b/millions of sleepers in line with your paradigm. People aren't going to fall in line and believe in the Hermetic paradigm unless they see it fucking work and have it meaningfully affect their daily lives. That won't be accomplished with coincidental effects.

There's also the little thing that, whatever an ideal mage is supposed to be, the characters are by no means expected to conform. When a person awakens, they don't automatically know everything about magery and the importance of the central concepts laid out in the TTRPG book. They have personal motivations like improving their standard of living, getting laid, and the likes. They will not be thinking "woo boy, maybe casting this mind spell is an act of hubris that will bite me in the ass later."
>>
>>51018179
Pulls out a gun, Shots mage, Done

People don't have to believe in guns to make them work. No one believes in Magic because in reality, science just fucking works and it works for everyone. It works without a prerequisite. It's proven continuously and reliably to just work. It doesn't need the gunner to relive a mood. The gunner pulls a trigger. The stars don't align. the gunner pulls the trigger. the gunner doesn't need to understand the lead combustion mechanism. the gunner just pulls the trigger. Science doesn't need people to believe in it. It is unfeeling, balanced and fair to all. it just works. Applies fall from trees.

Consequential Reality is retarded. because if belief was truth. Trump would have build the wall around Mexico twice before election day. Hillary would be in a pillory. and Obama would shipped back to African without a birth certificate.

If belief was truth peeling a banana peel would trip people continuously, because that's how it is in cartoons. So No Magic will not bring back the days of sorcerer wizards.

Mankind is running the show and they choice science, not cartoons. The technomancers are ahead of the game, because they 'get it' Magic comes from mankind, not from some old outdated pacts that hold no meaning anymore, or from some type of cosmic willpower. Magic is possible but Mages have to cheat reality to get what they want
>>
>>51018179
(sotto voce)
um... they were talking about CoD Mage the Awakening...
>>
>>51018472
Your speech would have been a lot more impressive if your potato of a phone had autocorrect turned OFF.

And actually, things like the banana peel work in the world of darkness because enough people watched the silly cartoons and believed it would. The books are replete with examples of how "urban legends" end up creating loopholes in the Consensus.

You ask me? Mythbusters were working for the Technocrats.
>>
>>51016540
There's gotta be like fifty.
>>
>>51018472
>Consequential Reality is retarded. because if belief was truth. Trump would have build the wall around Mexico twice before election day. Hillary would be in a pillory. and Obama would shipped back to African without a birth certificate.

You mean... *if* we lived in the World of Darkness.

I think you're getting frustrated because you're confusing the reality of the game world with this reality. Of course consensus doesn't work that way here, but we don't have ancient vampires dreaming under the Gaza strip, werewolves shredding christmas shoppers in J C Pennings and wraiths skinriding Trump into saying something intelligent, now do we?
>>
>>51011331
It would take some finagling. I would have to introduce problems of not having a legal identity in the past, and maybe timeline trying maneuver itself back on its previous track, 11/22/63-style. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't know where to start.
>>
>>51012193
It sounds fine. My best advice - ask your player what he likes about Blood Talons. Incorporate that.
>>
>DM is running V20 but everyone is being assholes with it, encouraged to make the dumbest character we can imagine
>faggoty british True Brujah
>wait a second...
>is that...
>Yes it is.
>actually look up Temporis
>can't stop time

What the shit is this, I can't even do the gaming equivalent of shitposting properly, this is bullshit
>>
>>51018784
See, this is where you dun fucked up.

You need a *concept* that trolls, you can't rely on a Discipline.

I would go with a Nosferatu Beauty Queen named Aspel. She would be in total denial about everything, least of all her loathsome nature.
>>
Are there any greek/roman/whatever figures that revolve around guilt and remorse? I need a shadowname for my Mage and all I can think of is Cain and I dont know about using that particular name.

The story is the characters parents left him in charge of his little brother while they went out for a date night. He didnt want to be stuck at home bored out of his skull so after putting his brother to bed he snuck like all teenage shits do.

He comes home, its been broken into, his little brother is dead. His parents blame him and the guilt from knowing it was his fault causes him to awaken. He runs away from home and eventually finds his way into the awakened community.

I mean Cain really fucking works but doesnt it feel a bit overplayed?
>>
>>51019377
That doesn't really sound like something that would cause an Awakening to me?
What did he learn from it? How was that related to mysteries?

You don't just Awaken from feeling bad.
You have to earn it.
>>
>>51018767
>It sounds fine. My best advice - ask your player what he likes about Blood Talons. Incorporate that.

he said "hey, we went and hunted a vampire and we kill it. Werewolves are superior to vamps so they are the superior prey"
>>
>>51019462
Well theres a bit more to it but that was just a basic overview. Was trying to cut the word count down a bit. But I was under the impression that when mages pick shadow names they do it because of something emotional or meaningful to them and the feelings of guilt are what I figured would be important enough for him to base his shadow name on.
>>
File: dio.gif (117KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
dio.gif
117KB, 600x338px
>>51018784
>>
>>51019377
>Are there any greek/roman/whatever figures that revolve around guilt and remorse?

How much time do you have to talk about it?

Jason (of the Argonauts) ended up jilting Medea for a younger bride. Medea killed both his sons, his bride and father-in-law, leaving him a broken man.

Orestes was told by his mother to kill his father, and by Apollo to kill his mother, all over his sister being burnt alive to ensure the war with Troy would succeed. Defying Apollo meant madness, defying his mother meant being stalked for all time by the Furies. Double fucked. His mum and her lover killed his father in the bathtub anyway, so he and his sister put swords through their throats, and he was doomed to wander the land tormented for decades, until Athena formed the first jury to consider his case.

Orpheus journeyed into the underworld and played a song so sad it made the Gods there weep, all in order to bring his wife back. At the threshold of Gaia he turned back to look and lost her forever. Distraught, he offered no resistance as the Maenads shredded him. His severed head floated down the river to Lesbos, still singing a lament.

Ajax the Greater, the great Greek hero, committed suicide when he gave everything he had at the battle of Troy and the divinely forged armor of Hector was given to Odysseus, simply because the bastard had a silver tongue.

Ajax the Lesser got taken out by the Gods themselves for raping Cassandra in the temple of Athena. One account says he was thrown from his boat, impaled by a fire blast and then smashed onto rocks, which were later named after him.

Hercules actually did his great Tasks *because* he flipped out in a rage and murdered his entire family. He achieved greatness in penance.

Oedipus killed an old man, not knowing who he was, then travelled to a land and bedded the Queen there multiple times. Thought he was hot shit until he discovered he'd murdered his father and fucked his mum. He tore his own eyes out.
>>
>>51019377
>Are there any greek/roman/whatever figures that revolve around guilt and remorse?
Oedipus? Not sure you'd want that as a Shadow Name though.
>>
>>51019997
Depends on how hot his characters mother is honestly..
>>
>>51019265
>pls join my hate circlejerk, it makes me feel cool
I've actually always liked the "Cleopatra" concept. I wanted to make a Nosferatu who was so in denial that he didn't even believe he was a vampire. Some sexy prettyboy action hero who was Embraced when he rejected a Nosferatu fangirl and ended up hideous himself. He still acts like he's beautiful, and gets violently mad if you imply otherwise. His points are all in Vigor, and from his days of doing his own stunts he's already pretty strong. Part of him deep down knows that he's fucked and he really just doesn't want to believe it, even when he looks in the mirror and combs his rat's nest of hair.

Really more of a character the party would meet than a character you'd want to play, though.

>>51019377
Cain actually sounds terrible and doesn't fit at all. He actually *was* his brother's keeper, and he didn't kill his brother. Did Cain even feel guilty?
He doesn't have to pull his Shadowname from the thing that set him down the path of Awakening. In fact, it might be more useful to choose a Shadowname based on where you want to go. Shadownames aren't even permanent or anything. It's just a pseudonym that you use, and potentially draw power from. Do you really want your pseudonym to be "I was a fratricidal murderer"?
>>
>>51020022
>You're doing it again
Please stop doing this
>>
>>51020022
>Shadownames aren't even permanent or anything. It's just a pseudonym that you use, and potentially draw power from. Do you really want your pseudonym to be "I was a fratricidal murderer"?
Adding to this: Shadownames change the Mage.
As a wise old Mage once said: Don't pick Odin as your Shadow name if you're overly fond of both your eyes.
>>
new thread: >>51020131
>>
>>50994097
What about werewolf blood?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.