[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Infinity terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 50

File: Infinity.jpg (11KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
Infinity.jpg
11KB, 303x166px
Why is infinity such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game

I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.
>>
Because it would've worked better as a video game. It has too much stuff layered on top of each other that being a video game would've put lot of the bookeeping in the background
>>
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>50987289
Unengaging lore. Yeah, thats pretty much it, at least for me. It feels a bit like 40k, execpt with all the grandeur and spectacle ripped out, and replaced with Scifi anime
>>
>>50987289
>the game as some pretty models
It's all the same mecha shit that looks exactly the same everytime and the models are alwayspainted the same way: airbrush light points and hard edges, period. Fucking boring and uninspired, I just can't get how the fuck it became so popular.
>>
>>50987712

The lore is great if CB didn't focus on table top so much

As another guy says as a video Infinity would be godlike.

The RPG is currently getting fucked as well
>>
>>50988319

How fucked are we talking? I'm never gonna play the war game and I was hoping the RPG would crave my Infinity taste
>>
>>50987712

Infinity in the form of nu xcom would be amazing
>>
>>50987289
>Why is infinity such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game

Because it's not, and you're likely suffering from a bad case of cognitive bias due to loyalty to some other company.
>>
File: wulvers.jpg (286KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
wulvers.jpg
286KB, 900x506px
>>50987804
>It's all the same mecha shit that looks exactly the same everytime

Yeah bruh, those fucking mechs mang, fuck anime it's all the same.
>>
File: 1473746512531.png (384KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1473746512531.png
384KB, 526x526px
>>50988498
And What company would that be?
>>
File: morlocks.jpg (97KB, 936x532px) Image search: [Google]
morlocks.jpg
97KB, 936x532px
>>50988543
Fucking anime motherfuckers fucking everything up with their mechs, fucking japs amirite.
>>
>>50988498

Bro wait till the CB shills from the general see this

I love infinity but our community is terrible
>>
File: Naffatun.jpg (93KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Naffatun.jpg
93KB, 900x506px
>>50988598
Mechs, fuuckf mechs fa.hd fucking all looks thsame.
>>
File: posthumans 3.png (656KB, 1268x501px) Image search: [Google]
posthumans 3.png
656KB, 1268x501px
>>50988638
MECSH.
>>
If you think it's terrible OP, tell me why.

Personally I think it's the best skirmish wargame I've ever played.
>>
>>50988576
Who knows? Does it matter?

Company loyalists will get booty blasted over the smallest things. For an in depth study into this, look at /co/, or AoS general.
>>
>>50988686

Company loyalist get butt blasted if you don't use the correct models
>>
>>50988752
Yes, I'm... sure they do? That is indeed probably one of the things they are inclined to be assflustered over.
>>
Ariiadna best faction

Everyone else is shit t b h
>>
>>50987289

The models look like shit and the rules are far too complex.

When I say the models look like shit I don't mean technically, they're well sculpted but they're just so fucking generic and boring.
>>
File: bbbg minis.jpg (186KB, 1024x566px) Image search: [Google]
bbbg minis.jpg
186KB, 1024x566px
>>50988686
Yeah i don't have any loyalty to anyone
It's just all the infinity fags i've met always think you're someone who eats up anything GW shits out.

I don't play 40k anymore i mostly play bolt action and team yankee and i'm always willing to try new stuff.

I once tried demoing some games and the infinity players always tried sabotaging it becuase it wasn't infinity.

also i don't like the online compulsory armybuilder builder eing the only way to find out the stats for your models.
>>
>>50988686

Because all of our generals are circle jerks

Infinity is just were the best war game with the best company of lazy spics and best models

40k is just shitposting

I own armies for both games and I love both games.

Why can't we be awesome to eachother?
>>
File: 1354301625457.jpg (122KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1354301625457.jpg
122KB, 1024x576px
>>50987289
I really want to hear why OP (or anyone for that matter) thinks Infinity is really that bad? Because as it stands, OP's post can be used for every major miniature game right now
>Why is Warhammer such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game
>I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.
>Why is Warmahordes such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game
>I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.
>>
I love this shit, I've been shitposting the infinity general for months but nobody replies to my baits. From now on I will create this threads just to troll fapfinifags
>>
>>50988875

80s poster?
>>
>>50988875

Mention 40k in the Infinity General and watch the yous come in
>>
File: 4chan argument.png (174KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
4chan argument.png
174KB, 500x248px
>>50988809
Because this is 4chan
>>
what is also annoying is how the fanbase really likes that one faggot with the horrible accent
>>
>>50988975

We have to shitpost? No this is /tg/ we should clean our act up

We all enjoy the same hobby why does it matter if we use space marines,knights, or anime?

We're all the same and we're the reason table top games live if someone sees this shit they wouldn't even touch it if our communities are this bad.
>>
>>50988809
>Infinity is just were the best war game with the best company of lazy spics and best models

Well, that's wrong.

Dropuniverse stuff is the best.

But Infinity is pretty high tier in terms of rules and sculpts.
>>
File: yessssssss.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yessssssss.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>>50989010
>why does it matter if we use space marines,knights, or anime?

I love that any one of these three could be the Infinity reference of the bunch.
>>
File: crosby_2.jpg (51KB, 393x639px) Image search: [Google]
crosby_2.jpg
51KB, 393x639px
>>50988875

I'm glad i wasn't the only one except my first post there were legit critisims of the game

such as the game is acually very vacuous while the game looks complex on the surface it isn't really that difficult to get your head around.

in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

while assaulting carefully with a decent cc unit using smoke to dodge aors against bad cc units always failed.

the d20 while offering a wider roll band offer far too much randomness to be relied on while you waste order trying the same action multiple times which isn't fun.
>>
>>50988543
Looks like shit.

>>50988598
A couple of those look good, nothing to be proud of. The rest are shit.

>>50988638
Generic soldiers.

>>50988658
Yes, mecha shit.

Were you trying to prove something? Congratulations, you failed.
>>
>>50989128

>in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

So you don't actually play with objectives? Y'know, the things the game is balanced around?
>>
File: haaaaaaa.gif (183KB, 280x153px) Image search: [Google]
haaaaaaa.gif
183KB, 280x153px
>>50989149
>no real criticism, just vague generalizations and buzzwords
>also doesn't know what the word 'mecha' means

Cyborgs aren't mechs you dumbass. You might as well try to tell me that Darth Vader is a mecha because he has computerized shit all over his chest and lots of plating.

Naffatun are about as generic as Scions. They look like semi-realistic soldiers, but their sculpts easily get across a sense of their purpose, differentiate them from the even more basic soldiers in the faction, and are extremely well made.
>>
>>50989197
>objectives
Yes i do play those but still you ill castle up in one of your turns to set a good chain of aors to make getting objectives easier
>>
>>50989128
>in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

You realize it's impossible to win a game this way due to how scoring works, right?

Either you're playing the game wrong or you're making shit up. I'm going to assume the latter.
>>
>>50988611

Tell me about it. I play infinity, I like infinity, but the fanbase are the the biggest shills I've seen in miniatures gaming.
>>
>>50989149
>Generic soldiers.

This is the dumbest criticism I hear constantly about this game. They'll use it to describe ANYTHING that isn't a dude in power armour or a huge alien dude or whatever, while wanking off the same shit as gritty and realistic when another tabletop does it.

The sheer anger these people have at Infinity for looking spectacular actually addles their brains.
>>
>>50989250
killing your oppenents lt or specailists count as points if playing VADS

yes i haved played the game the game isn't as dynamic as you think.
>>
>>50989094

And 40k
>>
>>50988356
>>50988319
More info on why the RPG is fucked

I was planning on running a space western opera homebrew with it
>>
>>50989307

But you're not going to kill anything if you just turtle up, the opponent can avoid LoS and win that way.

Alternatively they use an AoE weapon, or get behind you, or do one of a dozen other things that can counter that.
>>
>>50989360
I've given it a go it's just the miniature game's core mechanics with some addtional bits without miniatures and you're just masturbating each other off
>>
>>50989307
Don't be an idiot. If you literally never move it is retardedly easy to avoid ARO and just win via objective.

Even if you manage to cover all conventional access points with ARO lines by some miracle of awful table composition, there are still hundreds of ways to circumvent that. Infinity is a game about having options, and if your opponent doesn't being any of those options, they're frankly just total dogshit at the game.

Or you're lying, which is far more likely.
>>
>>50989128

Stop playing against the potatoes anon. It's not nice to beat up retards.
>>
File: as gold.png (296KB, 749x718px) Image search: [Google]
as gold.png
296KB, 749x718px
>>50989452
>Infinity is a game about having options
I choose a better game
>>
>>50989496
It's good that you've gotten into Dropzone, anon, that game needs support.
>>
>>50989509
I didn't like dropzone either but at least the dropzone players are alright.

Prefered team yankee for that sor of game
>>
I like the rules personally. They are better than 40K's at least. One thing I like is that terrain really does matter, more so than in most games. Though I do recognize that there are some problems.
>>
>>50987289
cuz ur a fag lel
>>
For all the people saying Infinity is shit, can you point me towards a better sci-fi skirmish scale wargame?

Comparing it to things like Dropzone is silly, the basis for the game is so different they're almost incomparable.
>>
Okay here's a better question

Which table top communities better? Looking in mostly in 40k and infinitys generals.

By fucking god I know this is 4chan but you people act just like if not worse than a video game fanbase
>>
File: ehhhhh.jpg (84KB, 221x256px) Image search: [Google]
ehhhhh.jpg
84KB, 221x256px
>plays bolt action
>has the gall to lecture anyone about bad rules

I've watched Bolt Action games. Literally just move forward and get lucky or unlucky dice rolls. No tactical depth that I can discern. Which is a shame, because I'd like a WW game on a lower scale than Flames of War.
>>
>>50989592
Kill Team
>>
>>50989605

Battletech is a comfy general
>>
>>50989128
This shit is retarded.

The active phase of the game is insanely more powerful than the reactive phase. Smoke/MSV and Pitcher/Smart Missiles alone means you immediately lose to Nomads and ALEPH with HD+ if your primary strategy is any gun ARO castling strategy.
>>
>>50989630

>A GW game
>Good rules

Ahahahahahaha, fuck, you got me. Amazing.
>>
>>50989605
RL, I've only ever met shitheads in the Warhammer, Warmahordes, and M:tG communities. This may simply be because they're the largest, though, and therefore have the greatest chance of yielding total shit for brains asshats.

Every online community is toxic.
>>
>>50989630
You haffin a giggle, m8? Unless you're talking about HoR, Killteam is just as shitty as 40k except it costs less to not have fun. The fact you didn't say Necromunda goes to prove you are, in fact, a faggot.

>>50989605
One that isn't on 4chan. Faggot.
>>
This entire thread is just bait.

Seriously, Infinity is a fantastic game.
>>
File: nene2.jpg (11KB, 360x205px) Image search: [Google]
nene2.jpg
11KB, 360x205px
>>50989592
Gates of antares
>>
What if Infinity and table top games in general all suck and ruin the community on /tg/
>>
>>50989635

I've not played much Infinity, but this has been my experience. On paper ARO's seem like they might just lead to paralysis, but if you act decisively and position yourself carefully, you can mitigate the risk. Of course there's always the chance of a lucky crit, but it'd be too easy if things always went your way.
>>
>>50989673

Is that actually a thing? I backed the first kickstarter ages ago but it failed.

Also, it's skirmish scale? They initially pitched it as army scale, 40k style.
>>
>>50989673
Lying is a sin, anon.

Didn't you watch The Witch? If you lie, your whole family will die and an ambiguously supernatural goat will fuck you in the woods forever.
>>
File: zouave.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
zouave.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Oh look at this generic anime robot weebshit

oh wait, people who say that are just retarded, and the game has a lot of diversity of design and modeling.
>>
>>50989592
Malifaux
>>
>>50989713
But anon, that's just a generic soldier.

Which is okay when any other company does it, but not here.
>>
>>50989708

Thankfully that's my fetish.
>>
>>50989605
Most wargames players are pretty great in person. Being inviting is the only way to get people into the game. Assholes soon drive off players and the game dies off in an area. That asshole then shit posts on 4Chan.
>>
>>50989738

>a better sci-fi skirmish scale wargame?
>sci-fi
>Malifaux

Come on.
>>
>>50988845
Because this is a bait thread. Infinity playerbase isn't any different from those of other wargames.

>>50989128
If you're not bullshitting here then either you play against literal monkeys or the terrain density is fucked up. Scenic elements nigga, add some to the table.
>>
>>50989304
Outside of colors infinity minis suffer very heavily for having no real faction aesthetic. Nor are combat roles really apparent beyond snipers.
>>
>>50989781
It's more Victorian science fiction, but it certainly counts
>>
>>50989128
>castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents
And that's when you get Indirect fired or Guided to death as Hackers use various gimmicks to target lock you without LoS. Or it's when people use Smoke shut down firing lines in order to breach your lines, or use Smoke+MSV in order to force your ARO units to either die or dodge out of LoS in order to breach your line.

>assaulting carefully with a decent cc unit using smoke to dodge aors against bad cc units always failed
Yeah, turns out that knife-fights are fucking lethal. Who'd have thought? More often than not, you are much better off using cheap Martial Artists for suicidal stabbing sprees because you have a decent chance of killing more points than you are worth once you start knife-fighting.

A Teutonic will still more likely than not pulp the shit out of some random Grunt, but you are much better stacking modifiers if you want to play an assault-based army. A good example is a JSA Assault list focused around a Domaru link with Takeshi in charge. If you have an Oniwaban or better yet, Yojimbo laying down some smoke, you can approach without even needing to fire a shot, but otherwise you've got B5 Spitfire with an effective BS 15 helping to negate AROs and then once you get within 8 inches of a model, you can assault in with a full pack of Super Samurai, ending up making a B5 CC 24 (imposing a -3 penalty on your enemy), dealing Damage 18 AP+Explosive when you hit.
>>
>>50989592
Necromunda
>>
>>50989802

I've honestly never found this. The setting has an internally consistent asthetic but at the same time every faction is unique. They might not be unique purely from their silhouette, but the details of uniforms and armour for each faction are distinct if you know what to look for.
>>
>>50989615
You weren't paying attention to it.
you activate units by randomly taking dice out of a bag it keeps the game flowing unpredictively yet you're always thinking what activate next and on activation could change the whole plan of the turn.
the big thing about bolt action isn't really about killing your enermy but pinning them making them take pinning tests if and getting them to fails as the more pin tokens on them the harder to pass.

if a unit has more pins than their total models at full strength they flee the field.
>>
>>50989804
It's more of a steampunk-victorian-wild west-horror mix. Malifaux is many things but one thing it's not is sci-fi. Still a damn fine game though.
>>
>>50989802
You can tell the difference between all of the factions from the other side of the room if you aren't retarded.
>>
>>50989843
No, you need giant skulls to be unique. Or spikes and skulls. Or being 4 foot tall, 300 pound proportional fat soldiers in dresses with nazi hats.
>>
>>50989836

I love it, but good fucking god it hasn't aged well.
>>
>>50989804

It only counts when you completely ignore the context and intent of the original question. It's very clear what type of sci-fi is being referred to when we're talking about a game like Infinity.
>>
>>50989843
Yes but you need to look for it. Design and information conveyance shouldn't be an easter egg hunt.
>>
>>50989592
Mercs
Deadzone
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-07-04-12h50m02s40.png (892KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-07-04-12h50m02s40.png
892KB, 960x720px
Infinitycucks getting blown out
>>
>>50988800
>also i don't like the online compulsory armybuilder builder eing the only way to find out the stats for your models.

But that's not true. You can buy physical copies if you want or you can download them through the PDF. The army builder is nothing but a boon.
>>
>>50989859
Don't lie. Colors and TAGs are only thing you might make out across the room and I'm being fucking generous with that one
>>
>>50989804
>generic mecha shit
>>
>>50989979
not every unit is in the two books and i'm not even talking about things released after the books either
>>
>>50988658
these are okay for basic minis, but are the first posted in thread
>>
>>50989975

Now those both actually look interesting. Thanks!
>>
>>50989713
Everything about that picture is generic.

I literally cannot tell this is even from a sci-fi setting.
>>
>>50988800
Would you rather a game that instead doesn't have a free online army-builder with a build in rules compendium, share feature, and printing both your list and courtesy lists for your opponent?

Hell of a lot better than how 40k has switched to no longer even just having your rules in your Codex now that you've also got to go out and hunt the perfect PDF with the best detachment selections in order to play your army as well as it can be played. And since it's GW, God knows there's no easy and free online program from them that allows you get all of these resources at the same place.
>>
File: 421456154615451.jpg (171KB, 1894x928px) Image search: [Google]
421456154615451.jpg
171KB, 1894x928px
Table top was a mistake
>>
>>50989869
No you don't, stop being stupid. Minis just need clarity in capability and allegiance, without violating setting's theme
>>
>>50990087

That's because it's from Ariadna, a planet literally defined as being anachronistically lower tech than the rest of the setting.

So your reaction actually proves the design conveyed what they meant it to.
>>
>>50990044
Yeah, Deadzone is pretty great but I'd also potentially say just hold off and play Warpath: Firefight when it officially drops. Deadzone is great, but it has some quirks to the rules that I know a lot of people find a little hard to internalize, like moving in cubes and the way LoS works.

Warpath is the same companies equivalent for 40k essentially, with two different forms. The full on Warpath is basically 2000 pt and up, more along the lines of Apocalypse. They even recommend using unit trays for moving models because you're gonna be throwing down a fuckton. Warpath: Firefight has the exact same bones, but it built for smaller scales, along the lines of Kill Team up to 1500 pt games.
>>
>>50990107
Like Infinity? Sounds about right.
>>
>>50990087
That just proves that Infinity armies do have distinct aesthetics then, since that it a model from the low-tech faction that has been left outside of the technological innovations of the past hundred or two years, still using roughly modern-day equipment. They are also one of the two factions that still use regular rifles, and you can actually see this in the different design for the Basic Rifle sculpt for each faction.
>>
>>50989802
Except this is false.

Infinity models mostly have realistic human proportions because that's how the game is. But factions definitely have their own aesthetics.

If you can't tell a Knight Templar unit apart from a Hassassin Lasiq or whatever you're feigning stupidity.
>>
>>50989713
Haha, you posted a WWII mini and did as if it was from Infinity, good joke.
>>
>>50989859
Eh, you can tell very little from across a room, even of other armies. You can only tell most 40K armies apart from that distance via the larger models like thanks.

You should however be able to tell what faction an Infinity army is at a glance.
>>
>>50990019
On the download section of the official site there's the up to date PDF with all the factions' unit profiles and army lists. Why anyone would decide to use this instead of the army builder is honestly beyond me, but the option is there.
>>
>>50989905
It's not an easter egg hunt. You can tell just by looking.

Many Infinity models have the same basic silhouettes because they're all human and humans have the same basic silhouettes (that said, there are tons of things recognizable enough that their silhouettes alone tell you what they are, like Mobile Brigada). But it's easy to tell what faction they're from.
>>
>>50990194

This.

People claiming you can't see the difference are full of shit.
>>
>>50988975
This
>>
>>50990202
>haha, Infinity is bad because all the models look like generic anime mechas!
>haha, Infinity is bad because a model looks like a somewhat modern soldier!

Man, being too dull to keep track of your own arguments must be such a detriment.
>>
>>50990194
What unifies knight templar to the blue beret guys or the croc men or the neoterran bolts?

Tell me by artistic merit what knight house is better suited to which job.

Basically explain why unit identification should not require explanation to new players.
>>
>>50990359
One can have multiple arguments at the same time. All of them valid in this case.
>>
>>50990369
what joins the red faced gorila men with the green guys and the hood guys with the meat robots.
i'm waiting infinity guys

the army i play
>>
>>50990369
Which color space marine shoots best?
>>
File: croc men.jpg (106KB, 1244x700px) Image search: [Google]
croc men.jpg
106KB, 1244x700px
>>50990369
>blue beret guys

Fusiliers.

There are actually design similarities between the basic template power armour and normal armour for PanO units.

Croc Men, Fusiliers, and Bolts actually all wear the same basic model of conventional armour. Bolt helmets are aesthetically similar to the power armour helmets that knights use.

>Tell me by artistic merit what knight house is better suited to which job.

I don't play PanO, so I don't know how all of them work. I can tell just by looking at them that the Knights of Santiago are supreme frontal assault shitkickers, however and that the Father Knight is an all round powerful combatant with optical abilities. I can also look at any knight and, based on their tabards and visors, I know they probably have the Religious rule and are likely to have some level of V.
>>
>>50990404
>>50990369
Vanilla factions are comprised of various sectorials and so many units that it's not hard at all to find very different models, and that is particularly true for the Combined Army that is literally a coalition of wildly different alien races.
Why don't you try to apply this process to models within a sectorial and see how it goes?
>>
>>50990570
blue
>>
>>50987289
>the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.
How is that so?

>>50990369
Despite the fact that the recent models have lost a bit of personality compared to the earlier ones IMO, if you can't look at a starter pack and notice the common elements (like panoceania love for helmets with multiple eyes and antenaes, overcoats, and tubular pauldrons, or the fact that all the japs have katanas and puffy pants) you need to buy yourself some new eyes.
>>
>>50990581
>optical

Fuck you autocorrect that's nothing like obvious.
>>
>>50990629
Most starter sets just spam out single type of unit with two models different.

You can't claim uniformity by spamming the same thing
>>
>>50990179
But you cannot tell it apart from a low-tech soldier from any other setting.

40k has ass-backwards societies that regressed into earlier tech too, they still are distinctly part of 40k.
>>
>>50990732

...No? Even in ones where this is close to true, it'll be three line infantry (usually with different weapons loadouts), plus three distinctly different units.
>>
>>50990732
The fuck does this even mean? Yes, the Starter Set for factions includes 3 of their Line Infantry and 3 of that faction's unique units.
>>
>>50990746
You kinda can. No military has ever worn that getup.

You can tell that Guardsmen are 40K because you know 40K like the back of your hand. To anyone else they just look like generic soldier guys.
>>
>>50990884
Read if you do not understand
>>
>>50990928

The point is that the statement was factually wrong.
>>
>>50990928
>starter set is 6 units
>spam out single type of unit with two different models means 3 duplicates
>while the starter is 3x1 unique unit + 1x3 grunts with different models
I think he was just surprised at the other poster's lack of intelligence.
>>
>>50990629
To be fair there are some exceptions, like the ASA starter where the Montesa stands out sharply from the Regulars. Generally though sectorials are very stylistically homogenous, and if there are units that looks out of the place it's due to fluff reasons (onyx) or it's because they're auxiliaries from other factions or sectorials (ALEPH units in ASA/NCA/ISS, knights outside of MO...)
>>
>>50991019
Basically. A sectorial starter allows you to, out of the box, usually play a 125 point army that features a single 3-man Core Fireteam. It is, in ever sense of the imagination, a starter box. You can play it in a small game while still getting a feel of some of the special tricks in that army's playbook.

In the case of the old ASA starter, you get a Montessa to play around with Mechanized deployment and HI, a Sikh Commando to play around with Combat Jump, and a Bagh Mari to play around with MSV and a fairly durable MI with Mimetism and a lot of Terrain abilities. Along with this, you get their generic line infantry to learn how to use Link Teams.

In the case of the JSA starter, you get an Oniwaban to play around with TO, smoke, and monofil CCW, a Domaru to play around with Berserk and Assault, Kinematica, Martial Arts and thus Stealth, and a Kempeitai to play around with CoC and Number 2. Along with this, you get their generic line infantry to learn how to use Link Teams.

>>50991236
Eh, I wouldn't say that the Montesa stands out that sharply. Looking at the box, you see a bunch of Rambos, and then the MI and HI all look suitably like jungle fighters. It's part of why I dislike the new starter is just the paint scheme on the box which way over-emphasizes the blue rather than the very unified greens of the old one.
>>
Hi guise.
Infinity fag here.
Jest wanterd to pop in and say this is the most fun I've had with Infinity threads lately.
>>
Somehow I feel dumb for thinking there would be an engaging argument in this thread about the faults of Infinity.
>>
>>50987289
Eh... it's just inaccesible. Give us army lists with descriptions of units, fluff and rules... not just a list of numbers.
>>
>>50989149
>Generic soldiers.
>40k fanboy who plays space marines against other space marines.
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>50992053
You realize that's what the books are filled with? You realize that's what the store is filled with? You realize that's what everything outside of the Army Builder is filled with?

It's almost as if we'd heard the witticisms and bantz of Col. Voronin for years before his model or statline even existed. Like we someone know about the Blue Wolves of the White Banner Army without their model or statline even existing.
>>
>>50992002
It always devolves into petty arguments about preferences and opinions. Which is true about most of tabletops played, tbqh
>>
>>50991910
Same here.
>>
File: F00033-HabitatTower-back.jpg (71KB, 798x600px) Image search: [Google]
F00033-HabitatTower-back.jpg
71KB, 798x600px
So.... it looks like Infinity has become the new Warmachine in terms of pissing off 40k fans because its successfull.

'cause I remember threads just like this one years ago all about how awful Warmachine was.
>>
>>50992308
Someone's gotta do it since Mk III literally collapsed Warmahordes overnight. Those threads now are just sad to look at.
>>
>>50989651
Mordheim and Epic have good rules. Go uncuck yourself.
>>
>>50992369

Man, I love that idiots keep voluntarily declaring themselves not worth listening to.
>>
>>50987289
No one responded to the bait in the generals so you've made a thread for it? You forgot your scene kids pic.
>>
>>50992308
Funny how things work. 40cucks always causing shit, ey.
>>
>>50992183
Absolutely fine if you have the time to read every piece of fiction they've ever written, but it makes it difficult for new people to get into... It's a bit like telling new 40k players that they have to read 5 Black Library books before they can buy a 40k starter set.
>>
>>50989605
I guess medium sized communities are likely the best. Ones that are not big enough to be overrun by spergs, but not so small that everyone has to endure the odd sperg, because there's not that many people to play with besides him.
Infinity is a growing community, slowly gathering momentum around the world. But it's probably still smaller than X-Wing.
>>
File: ariadna.png (204KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
ariadna.png
204KB, 500x523px
>>50990087
That's how Ariadna rolls. They're the faction for people who hate weeb shit.
>>
>>50992442

Except, y'know, the Infinity starter sets. Which have fluff primers and story driven mini-campaigns for learning the system.
>>
>>50992369
>Mordheim and Epic have good rules
And they're dead and buried and their corpses paraded, while 40k is going on. I'd actually love it if 40 got the Epic40k treatment, at this point "but it's not real 40k!!!" looks like a positive.
>>
>>50992485
Dont forget the furries and werewolves. Its literally /k/ the faction: IN SPACE.
>>
>>50992558
And available in the best Kazak, American, Scottish and French flavor.
I like how every of those nations is one of FREEDOM, in one way or another.
>>
>>50992486

I looked at them and wasn't impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no GW fanboy, but if I want to get into Infinity I'd have to buy a starter. Do I wan't that faction? No idea. Don't know anything about any of them except that they're almost all sci-fi humans striking funny poses.
>>
the combined starter box is over 50 dollary doos for six five minis
>>
>>50992619

...So read the fluff primers on the official website? Infinity fluff is just as accessible as 40k fluff, it not more so.
>>
Because it really wants to be a tournament system, so it streamlined and normalized anything that gave the rules personality. So instead of complex as fuck yet with flair, you have homogenized factions that are complex as fuck without being fun.

The player base is annoying because it's made up of "hurr durr we play a more obscure game that isn't GeeDubs or Privateer Press", weeaboos, and the WORST rules lawyers I've ever seen in gaming.

It's fine if your goal is not to have fun. If you want a game to play with friends and enjoy, best look elsewhere. I played it for three years, regret all of them.
>>
>>50992619
One: http://infinitythegame.com/game.php
Two: https://store.corvusbelli.com/
Every set in the catalog has a bit of fluff below.

Also a comic is in the works, as is an RPG. Ask in the thread for previews of the latter. The RPG is actually delayed because CB is persistent about the lore being correct (which makes it doubly annoying that they release so little of it).
>>
>>50992661

...I find the game fun. What's wrong with you?
>>
>>50992601
Dont forget the last remaining Coca-Cola factory too!

>>50992681
Probably Polish.
>>
>>50992328
What exactly happened? I downloaded some rules to read through them (I'm currently trying to asses differences between various systems: I already know 40k, Infinity and skimmed No Limits). I don't know if those are the bad ones.
>>
>>50992442
>starter sets
>simply reading the fluff entries in the most recent book

How the fuck is this any different from reading the fluff out of a 40k Codex? If anything, you're better off because you really just need the core rulebook rather than needing individual army codices.

>>50992619
Oh, so you're just actually retarded. It doesn't take anything more than simply looking at the fluff blurb for each of the factions on the website or just using your atrophied brain for a moment.

>Kazaks
Look, it's STALKER but with Werewolves.

>Military Orders
Look, it's Christian Knights in power armor.

>Japanese Sectorial Army
Look, it's Samurai and Ninjas and Yankii Bikers and Robotic Bunraku.

Also, as literally everyone will tell, just pick the faction that you like the look of or the general theme. MO and Shas might be the two weaker Sectorials in the game, but the top US player is a Shas main. It ain't your army, it's you.
>>
>>50992661
>Funā„¢

It's almost as if people have different opinions, amirite? Hell, the player base at our FLGS is
>Two former 40k players
>One former Warmahordes player
>Two former Flames of War players
>Two people that played and play a shitton of other wargames
>Two people for whom Infinity is their first

Of that, only one of them is a rules lawyer, but he also just cheats. And he did the exact same shit when he played Guard, as well. No-one really gives a shit about the muh obscure Spanish gamu. And only one would be described as a weeb.
>>
>>50992660
Meanwhile, 40k fluff or Battletech fluff can be summed up in a paragraph.

Infinity -is- inacessible. I know several people who've looked ant it, thought it looked cool, then left it on the shelf because the main rulebook was just... rules and numbers.
>>
There are THREE objective reasons that explain what is wrong with this game:

1. It's stupid
2. It sucks
3. I don't like it

infinifags BTFO how will anime ever recover???
>>
>>50992855
Can you not read, or something? I have to hope this is bait, or else you might actually be retarded.
>>
>>50992661
>Things that never happened, the post
>>
>>50992855

The difference you are drawing is utterly fucking arbitrary and makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>50992442
>It's a bit like telling new 40k players that they have to read 5 Black Library books before they can buy a 40k starter set.

No, it's exactly like reading fluff in a codex. Exactly the way people learn 40K fluff.

You probably just THINK 40K fluff is more accessible because you've known a lot of it since you were ten, like many tabletop gamers, and there are lots of other people to tell you the stuff you don't know via word of mouth.
>>
>>50992661
>I played it for three years, regret all of them.

Why the fuck would you continue to play a game you didn't enjoy for three years? Are you insane? Do you just hate yourself and enjoy wasting money?
>>
>>50992855
But the primers on the website are a paragraph long
>>
File: 129615996004.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
129615996004.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>50992442
>>50992619
>>50992855
>uhhh, well, sure, there's a lot of fluff in the rulebooks, but how can anyone read a whole book?
>uhhh, well, sure, they have primers that tell you what each faction is and stuff, but like, what does that even mean, y'know?
>uhhh, well, sure they sum up the fluff in a paragraph but I don't think they can, and there's no fluff at all in the rulebooks
>>
>>50992855
>Meanwhile, 40k fluff or Battletech fluff can be summed up in a paragraph.

Anything can be summed up in a single short paragraph.

Good luck trying to sum of every faction in 40K in that short paragraph in a manner that makes them all sound distinct and appealing to play. There's a fucking reason codices and such exist.
>>
>>50992855

'In the near future humanity has expanded across multiple worlds and fragmented into several factions locked in a cold war while also dealing with an alien invasion'.

Infinity fluff in an extremely short paragraph. Tell me why it's inaccessible again?
>>
>>50992921
It's the same kind of retards that enjoy a show for several years but when the final episode is shit they say "hurr I regret all the fun I had all these years because the last 30 minutes invalidate all of it".
>>
>>50992855
>Infinity doesn't have enough fluff and it's not easy to find despite being in the exact places 40K puts its fluff
>Infinity fluff is bad because there's too much and it can't be summed up in a single paragraph

Nigga which is it?

You need to step back a second and find your own argument.
>>
>>50992921
Same reason why people endured 40k for years
>>
>>50992661
Well done you've just said what i was having trouble articulating.

not everyone who dislikes infinity is some 40k fag butthurt over that there are people not playing 40k.

and they do have the worst rules lawyers i know i made someone rage quit a beginner game for doing that.
but i don't do that for any other game just infinity made me do it
>>50992979
fucking hell the logic with infinityfags
>>
>>50992954
Go read the back of the army book. Then put it back on the shelf and download the PDF.
>>
>>50993037
>Infinity is a bad game because the people that play it are all a bunch of miserible shitlord rules lawyers
>I know, I was one
>But the game made me do it, I swear
>I would never be an asshole playing any other game

Fucking hell, the logic with anti-Infinityfags.
>>
>>50993111
Checked, but I have no idea what are you trying to argue or which side you are taking. The hard copy rulebooks contain fluff and modeling advice, while the PDF download is just the rules of the game, much akin to the scans of 40k books that are often passed around the 40k megas which only contain the relevant information for playing the game.

Since... 3rd, I think? And continuing with N3HS, the Infinity book that you purchase is a two-book set where one book is pure fluff and modeling advice while the other is simply the rules of the game. It's really no different than the way that GW does it now. That way, you don't have to lug around a gigantic book that's filled with fluff and modeling tips when all you need is a reference document.
>>
>>50992955
No man you gotta do it like this:

"...In the anime brightness of the sorta middle distance future, there is only war. Cold war mostly, but sometimes hot war. With aliens! Spreading out from Earth in the wake of a catastrophic period of global war and the economic collapse preceding it, humanity is just as divided by creed and ideology as ever, the worlds of mankind split between a host of rapacious, greedy superpowers that ever watch each other's bounties with covetous eyes. In a world rife with clandestine warfare and corporate black-ops, the powers that be are kept in check solely through the hand of ALEPH, the AI that mediates between nations and oversees the passage of information throughout the Human Sphere, and the looming shadow of the Combined Army - a coalition of alien aggressors bent on humanity's utter subjugation. Enemies lie in wait on all sides, among the ranks of man, machine, and alien, and allies can be found in the most unexpected of places. Despite all the technological marvels it has achieved, the future of mankind is uncertain as ever, dictated from the shadows by powers that the layman can barely conceive of, let along fight."

There we go. It doesn't tell you about all the factions, but neither does the 40K blurb, that just tells you about mankind.
>>
File: kogure.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
kogure.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>average infinity players
>>
>>50993111
Yeah?

You can get that kind of information in the same sorts of places in Infinity.

You were complaining that Infinity can't sum up everything about its setting in one paragraph, now you're conceding that if you want to know all that stuff you have to go to specific army books in 40K?

Again, step back and reevaluate your whole argument. You're tripping up over yourself constantly.
>>
>>50993266
This is honestly preferable to a bunch of fat greasy shitlords.

The smell of perfume washes out way easier than the smell of hot wings and feces.
>>
File: a53.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
a53.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>Infinity fag think only two wargames exist
>>
>>50993323
Meanwhile, most manufacturers will give it to you when you buy the rulebook, not expect you to scratch about on the internet to find it.

Some of the miniatures are nice, if not a tad dynamic. The rules look solid, if not (I'm told) easily abusable/power gamable (though maybe that's just the local players).

I was just found it a massive turn-off that I could fork out for the rules and just have each faction's list as a list of numbers, without even a line or two of explanation.

So I put it back on the shelf.

Even Warmachine told you what a unit was before trying to sell it to you.
>>
>>50993481
What are you talking about? The fluff for the whole setting and individual models are provided in the exact same places. You don't have to pay for it. You are acting as if other games have the fluff of everything printed on the back of the box, which is false.
>>
>>50993481
>Meanwhile, most manufacturers will give it to you when you buy the rulebook, not expect you to scratch about on the internet to find it.

Wow, you fucking dumb.

The summaries for the setting and for each faction are in the rulebook. As are unit descriptions. More in depth stuff is elsewhere. JUST LIKE IN 40K.

I can't even comprehend your level of wilful ignorance.
>>
>>50993468

Except for all the others people have mentioned?
>>
>>50993592
Actually, not like in 40K.

You don't get unit summaries in 40K's rulebook. Those are in the codices.
>>
>>50993598
Don't feed him.
>>
File: 1298000246419.jpg (29KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
1298000246419.jpg
29KB, 276x276px
>>50993481
Ok, so you are either blind, illiterate, or simply another shitposter. Glad that's settled. A book of rules and unit lists are sold together with a book of fluff and modeling advice. Literally exactly the same as how 40k handles it now.

Also, did you just use dynamic as a criticism of Infinity's models? What the fucking fuck.

Also, name my any wargame that doesn't have rules that are ripe for abuse and power gaming. I'll wait. Warmachine had Mark I Cryx, pre-Gargantuan Mark II Khador. 40k even just in the past few years as seen Cronair, Heldrake spam, Riptide spam, Wraithknight cheese, and more. A power gamer will always find something to cheese in literally every wargame. And with Infinity, the swing of a D20 actually hurts power-gamers because of the fact tactics are far more reliable than a dice roll.

Just holy shit, this fucking retarded.
>>
>>50993615
>You don't get unit summaries in 40K's rulebook. Those are in the codices

And these are actually being phased out. They are morel like two sentences now, while before they were about 5 to 8 paragraphs
>>
>>50993481
You're aware you get all the fluff and the units description in the rulebook, right?

And you're complaining that your units' rules and fluff are available for free on the net on top on being in the book? Same with the game rules?
>>
File: far too brainy for my own good.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
far too brainy for my own good.png
208KB, 807x935px
>tfw too intelligent for infinity
>>
File: IMG_1525.jpg (42KB, 345x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1525.jpg
42KB, 345x433px
>mfw 40gay is destroyed on a whim because geedubs said so

40kunts must really be scared about 'age of the emperor'
>>
>>50993481
>and just have each faction's list as a list of numbers, without even a line or two of explanation.

These words are clearly English but I can't make any sense of them. Do you not see HI/TAG/SK or MOV or BTS? Do you need a force org chart cause those arent a thing? Or do you want to know how super special these particular dudes are amongst all the other different super special awesome dudes? Cause they are super awesome but that is not relevant to playing the game and thus is wasted page space.
>>
This thread has been really enlightening.

It seems to have been made with the intent of convincing people not to play Infinity, but the impression I'm left with after sitting around for a while is in fact that everyone criticizing Infinity either cannot read or is a liar.

It's starting to sound like the perfect game at this point.
>>
File: covus belli.jpg (90KB, 769x768px) Image search: [Google]
covus belli.jpg
90KB, 769x768px
KEEP ON GUZZLING THAT SPANISH SEMAN
>>
>>50993928
It's pretty cheap, too. Give it a look.
>>
>>50993959

I'd say relatively cheap, rather than pretty cheap. Individual models are still decently expensive, but you don't need many of them to have a decent force, and the starter boxes are perfectly fun to play in and of themselves.
>>
>>50993928

To me it kinda reads like Infinity playes start crying if you criticise their favorite game.... Certainly a lot of these posts are people exploding for no real reason.

Infinity never caught on in this country, so it makes little difference to me. Can't really buy the stuff without having to pay import taxes.
>>
File: 1482094199174.png (56KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1482094199174.png
56KB, 512x384px
>>50993959
NO IT'S FUCKING NOT

6 minis can cost up Ā£30 to Ā£40
Saga is cheaper
bolt action is cheaper
fucking hell 40k is getting cheaper to start
i bet team yankee is cheaper to start with its 5 tanks and 2 helicopters starter boxes
>>
>>50994001
Dude, I'm reading, and every single argument put forward for why this game is bad has been crushed.

Sometimes in an embarrassing way that makes it clear the aggressive party has no clue what they're talking about and is making shit up. I can only conclude from this that the people hating on this game are pathetic whiners, whereas the people playing it are logical folks who can form real arguments.

You guys are literally making your foes look like the master race of tabletop in comparison to your lying asses.
>>
>>50994021
You realize that an Infinity box is generally about 150 points of models (in a game that only runs up to 300 points), and the vast majority of boxes have minis you're always going to use?

In terms of cost to percent of your army being built it's a great deal.
>>
>>50994021
I just googled a starter pack, which seems to come with six minis.

>Ā£25.49

So you can start this game at 25 quid.

More fucking lies.
>>
>>50994098
what about the combined army starter?
>>
>>50994021
40k is getting cheaper because it's on its way out. When the space marines are renamed the astro mariners(tm) after the fall of cadia you can bet they will reach sigmarine level prices.
>>
File: F00033-Housing-Module-MKII-1.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
F00033-Housing-Module-MKII-1.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>>50994021
Right now, Tohaa 300 pts box. 18 miniatures, Standard Tournament scale. Competitive. 100 bucks or even less.

Tell me how many boxes of 40k do I have to purchase to even dream of getting in an official tournament.
>>
>>50994124
That is a full sized (300 point) army, which contains everything you will ever need to play. In contrast to regular sets which are half that point value.
>>
>>50994124
Ā£31.

Interestingly disparate pricing, but if >>50994094
is correct, that is more than an entire army. It's more than half the points you'll ever need, for thirty pounds.

I'd need to spend hundreds to get that out of any other game. Lies, lies, lies, why do you insist on poisoning your own argument with deceit?
>>
>>50994162
no it's not i played combine that box is only good for getting the rifle morats and monkey lady that can take petras and tetras
>>
>>50994211
How about this one?
>>
>>50992855
Infinity has it's main fluff in a separate book you get when you buy the rulebook. The rulebook is for rules the core book- yeah, that's how important fluff is to CB, they call their fluff book the Core Book. The Core Book is entirely faction descriptions, unit descriptions, cool art, timelines and all that jazz.

>>50994021
Yeah but for play value Ā£25/Ā£30 gets you either an Infinity starter with 6 minis, most of which are good, with a few exceptions. Alternatively a box of Bolt Action plastic minis costs Ā£25/Ā£30 for 25-30 minis.

Both spends will give you a solid core to start playing either game. Yes you get more minis with Bolt Action, but as a starting investment for either game you're looking at the same price.
>>
>>50994211
You never use a sogarat? Has the meta changed or something?
>>
>>50994211
Nigga if a 150 game is medium size, and the box contains 300pts as >>50994160
states, then you've got more than half the required models for the max sized army out of it. Don't sound so fucking victimized because you wanted more shit.

Christ, do you know how much my Dark Eldar cost me? Over a thousand pounds. And it's not even 3000pts, the rational limit of a 40K army size. Do you know how much my Iron Hands cost? I can't fucking remember, but it's way more than my Deldar.

Christ almighty if you consider this expensive you are insane.
>>
File: SON Iam disapoint.jpg (61KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
SON Iam disapoint.jpg
61KB, 600x400px
>>50994277
but bolt action is a good game
>>
>>50994319
Yeah, this is DEFINITELY a lie.
>>
You can collect the fluff of each unit from the website.

PanO Black Friars
>"Veritas vos Liberabit" (The truth shall make you free). Motto of the Special Security Detachment of the Order of Preachers.

It is said that the Dominicans are known as the Hounds of the Lord because of a play on words with their Latin name ("Domini canis"). However, the real reason for this name is due to the ferocity with which they have developed their work as watchdogs of the Church, first during the Inquisition and now as a special security detachment. The Black Friars, a name derived as much from their clothing as from their grim reputation, they are the twilight guardians of PanOceania. Their designated mission is to provide security against any possible infiltration by undercover agents or enemy powers like the Shasvastii alien threat. As servants of God and PanOceania, Dominicans are the thin black line that separates Good from the Evil, peace from chaos. This responsibility and the constant threat of the enemies of their Religion and their nation is what defines them and keeps them centered on their mission. Conscious of their task and mission, the Black Friars do not waver in their commitment to keeping PanOceania safe with the utmost ferocity, as is befitting of the Hounds of the Lord.
>>
>>50993928
It really isn't but feel free to be disappointed
>>
>>50988658
MEEASCHES

AM RIGHT THEY ARE LOOK LIKE THEM
>>
>>50987384
It's called Valkyria Chronicles
>>
>>50994319
Bolt Action models are ugly as sin and the game is extremely basic.
>>
>>50994392
But that's a good game

>>50994410
Muh pretty models
>>
Niggah, it took five fucking seconds to find lore of the units in the official website (wich is ugly as fuck).

TASKMASTERS
>Our home, the place weā€™re sworn to protect, is Bakunin. Now think for a second what that must mean. You have VaudeVille, right? Packed with weirdos with exotic implants doing designer drugs, Pupniks who lost their ownerā€”little rascals can be quite dangerous when agitatedā€”, Chimeras high on heck-knows-whatā€¦ Sounds like a darned pain to police, doesnā€™t it? Shoot, thatā€™s the easy part. The real nightmare is this place right here, Praxis. This is where you have the Black Laboratories and the real weirdos. This place exists for cutting-edge experiments, for scientific anarchy. ā€˜Fringe technologyā€™ means youā€™re delving into uncharted territory, and sometimes it goes wrong and stops working. Other times, it goes haywire and becomes an almighty problem. When that happens, the Moderator Corps is not going to cut it, so they send us in to find the weirdness and beat the devil out of it until it stops acting up. Itā€™s never easy, but thatā€™s why weā€™re the Special Weapons and Suppressive Tactics team, weā€™re elite. When youā€™re up against freaking mad science, you have to make your own rules and improvise. And if every once in a while that means taking a bunch of Morlocks and throwing them into the fray to buy us a few minutes and some room to maneuver, so be it. Itā€™s not going to keep me up at night, and if you folks object to that, well thatā€™s your problem. As I said, we make the rules here. Tell us whatā€™s the issue and weā€™ll take care of it, but donā€™t tell us how to do it, ā€˜cause thatā€™s our job. And believe me; weā€™re darned good at it.
Sergeant 1st Class Brad Corrigan, SWAST-4. Rogue ontodroids-related incident in the Celestial Choir of the Cosmic Power module. Praxis. Bakunin.
>>
Can you ally in this game?

Because i like the looks Ariadna foot troops. But i want a Pan O mech...

Also are the Ariadna starter box a solid start or full of garbage units ill hardly ever field?
>>
>>50994424
>Muh pretty models

They're what I'm paying for.

If they're genuinely poor in terms of quality and artistry like Bolt Action's, there's no way the game is worth it. And the game is terrible anyway.
>>
>>50994468
no because it's a tourney only no fun unless yoyu're a power gamer style game not a lets have a bit of fun playing custom scenarios
>>
>>50994468
Certainly sectorials (specialized forces drawn from one part of a particular faction) can sometimes have cross faction units.

IIRC one of the Ariadna sectorials can have an Anaconda (merc mech)?
>>
>>50994504

Except I'm a casual player with no interests in tournaments and I love Infinity, so...?
>>
>>50994468
Some sectorials (sub-faction armies) have units from other factions (usually Mercenaries, the Nomad sectorial Corregidor, or ALEPH) in them.

I'm not sure if there's an 'O-12 list' that lets you field units from all sorts of factions, but you could probably whip one up for friendly games.
>>
>>50994425
>mad science police

That's fucking excellent.
>>
>>50994538
don't lie
>>
>>50994504
>not being able to ally means it's a powergamer game
>TauDar and autistic Ad Mech + Space Marine Drop Pods aren't powergamery
>People delude themselves this hard
>>
>>50994468
>Can you ally in this game?

Kinda but with very few and limited units. A subfaction of the space doctor muslims get a few mercenaries from the Nomads. The two hyper powers get a few helpers from the AI in their sub factions too. Then there are plain old mercs that anyone can get.

But what you describe is not possible in a tournament setting. In a casual game? I would say go for it if your opponent is cool with it. You know, handle it like a reasonable adult?
>>
>>50994553
As we've established, the only liars in here are the people trying to defame this game.

Aleph look cool. Tell me how they work.
>>
This is bait right?

Im ok with any wargame apart from this shit
>>
>>50994588
you put models on the table then break game with your myrmidons and your spartan man
>>
File: I'm out.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
I'm out.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>50994319
>>50994347

I play both and enjoy both. They're at opposite ends of the spectrum with regards to rules. Bolt Action is simple rules wise, but has a nice variety of tactics thanks to order dice and pins. Infinity is complex and in-depth rules-wise, and this carries over in gameplay and tactics.

Strangely though, despite Infinity's complexity and having to be translated from Spanish, there's far fewer ambiguities and weird circumstances in Infinity than there are in Bolt Action.

>>50994468
Line Kazaks are a decent solid line troop.
3rd Greys are fucking fierce and lots of good toolbox loadouts.
Vet Kazaks are the original super-slav. Less toolbox profiles but still a great tanky, door-kicking unit, like the 3rd Greys
Chasseurs are some of the best Infiltrators in the game.

But this thread's full of fucking trolls, so peace out.
>>
>>50994468

Was a little disapoint when i saw Ariadna did not have a clumsy walker mech
>>
>>50994588
Straight from the general senpai

http://www.mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

ALEPH is strong Greek hero dudes/Ghost in the Shell people.
>>
>>50994588
>Aleph look cool. Tell me how they work.

They tend to be the elite army - fewer models with better equipment. Thematically they have two branches - Greek units named after stuff from the Iliad (designed to be more relatable to humans) and Vedic units based on Hindu mythology.

It's been a while since I played so maybe someone else will have a better breakdown on individual units.
>>
>>50994640

They've had one mentioned in the fluff, but no sign of a model yet.
>>
>>50994640
They havent gotten models for their XBAWKS HEUG proto HI yet. It seriously needs to be chunkier than the Taskmaster>>50994425
>>
>>50994761
because they ran out of 80s anime to rip off
>>
>>50994813
Then its time to move onto the 90s and 00s to rip off.
>>
>>50994645
>>50994677
>Vedic units based on Hindu mythology.

These are the GitS types yeah? They seem more interesting. They feel like they can do a load of stealthy cyber shenanigan type stuff.

>>50994813
Man, every post you make makes me want to play this game even more. If someone as stupid as you doesn't like it, it must be good.

Also, start using some fucking punctuation, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>50994856
get fucked, I just all of you infinity fags
>>
File: HAfgsfgh.jpg (35KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
HAfgsfgh.jpg
35KB, 720x540px
>>50994893
Excellent riposte, anon.

We used to archive this kind of butthurt on old /tg/.
>>
>>50992053
Can you read?
>>
>>50994856
>These are the GitS types yeah?
More so than the Steel Phalanx sectorial, yea. But the Vedic sectorial hasn't been made yet. You can just use vanilla ALEPH until the rules and units for Vedic come about in the murky future.

Disclaimer, one thing to know is that Corvus belli is very Spanish and takes siestas. Solid company and will replace any missing or fucked up parts free of charge but damn do they take their time putting out new stuff.

The good news is Infinity is VERY proxy friendly. You dont have a model or it doesn't exist? No problem! Just have the units' stat block on hand and get a proxy. Everything has a standardized size. This is useful so your size 2 infantry models can take up all sorts of different physical space but their actual in game silhouette is the Size 2. You can have someone on a huge pillar, or crouching, or just be a base, they all take up the same space for game play line of sight.
>>
>>50995054
>The good news is Infinity is VERY proxy friendly.

That's good, because I've got a ton of Human Interface models that fit this setting, mostly for use in TTRPG games, and Aleph colours might look pretty sweet on them.
>>
>>50994893
Are you that stupid fucking Slavic aosposter?
>>
>>50995131
>Human Interface

Huh, neat. I say go for it but do plan on actually buying the CB minis, but just starting out you should be fine. Do you have anyone at a LGS that plays infinity?
>>
Furies in lore
>>
>>50989448
Modiphus has been using that RPG system for everything under the sun for a while now, from conan to star trek. Your comment implies that they somehow designed it around the infinity engine, made a dozen games under the system and then decided to use it for infinity. The fucking fuck? That's like saying an upcoming Warhammer 40k RPG is just the miniature game's core mechanics when they are completely unrelated systems.

>>50989360
It's fucked because the RPG company's writers want to overwrite the official lore and keep being told to rewrite in order to accomodate it, causing infiNite delays. Think a licensed 40k RPG and the writers constantly sending GW weird shit like how advanced the Ork Space Marines are as they have been gifted a seed by the emperor who watches over his new children dearly for approval.
>>
>>50995384
Whoops.
>an upcoming Warhammer 40k RPG *based on he D20 system is just the miniature game's core mechanics when they are completely unrelated systems
>>
>Have to pay for the core book to find out if I like the fluff or not
New to the game and trying to get into it, but already this is a huge turn off.
>>
File: 1469867596223.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1469867596223.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
Holy shit, this thread is pure comedy gold.
>>
>>50995410
That's false though. Just go to the website and read the blurbs.
>>
>>50995410

Protip: The scans of the books are what you are looking for. Not much actual fluff changes between editions.
>>
I tried it twice at the prompting of a buddy, and the rules have some nice bits of synergy and the aro's are cool. But the order system ruins it.

Half a dozen low-cost loser figs hanging at the back generating orders while a couple figs do everything. I think it would work better if every model just had its own action, rather than contributing to a pool then standing around while another fig acts three or four times.
>>
>>50995965
>Half a dozen low-cost loser figs hanging at the back generating orders while a couple figs do everything. I think it would work better if every model just had its own action, rather than contributing to a pool then standing around while another fig acts three or four times.
I like the game, but I agree that this is shit and encourages way too much cheese.
>>
File: reallyyyyy.gif (567KB, 300x191px) Image search: [Google]
reallyyyyy.gif
567KB, 300x191px
>>50995965
>the order system ruins it.
>I think it would work better if every model just had its own action.

Yes, I also think that it would be much better with D6, everybody acting just once per pahse, shooting phase, move phase, guts phase... and replace all the models with Space Marines, tyranids, Eldar... that kind of stuff.

Because everything is plain better if just sticks to the system I've been playing since childhood and all alternatives just lead to conclifts and trauma docs.
>>
>>50995998

Anyone tried to play with a house rules "One action per figure"? My buddy refused to try it. Said it would "change the dynamics of the game" too much.
>>
>>50996059
>change the dynamics of the game
That's kinda the point, no?

>>50996041
Such a change makes it more like xcom than 40k, you strawman loving dummy.
>>
>>50996041

Not what I said, and I don't play 40k. (Though I did play some Mordheim back in the day)

I think Infinity would be a great game without the order system. I think it's the games only real flaw in the ruleset.
>>
>>50995410
>the more I saw lies, the more real they become

>>50995455
Truly.

>>50994856
>These are the GitS types yeah?
Yeah, definitely check out the Post-Humans. They are actually the only ALEPH unit that was born as a human, but they have long since passed that in order to become a freaky hive-mind of puppets all controlled by a central hivemind. You basically switch sentience from chassis to chassis each turn, becoming a doctor to patch up one of your injured vat-grown allies, a hacker to cripple an enemy TAG, and then a beefy fucker with a rocket launcher to take it out.

Also, the Marut is a terrifying TAG that can also be your Lt while giving you a massive buff in the form of Strategos.

>>50994640
Actually, they do, it just doesn't have a model yet. The Blackjack. It's a fuckheug super-HI that degrades as it takes damage. Comes stocked with Chestmines though. Because fuck yeah. Chestmines. And it's only 36 points.

Unlike glorious Kazak master race, it is hackable, though. And I was hoping that it would get something like the old way that Transmutation worked, but no dice. So it is fairly fragile, just two wounds and 5/4 armor depending on damage. But, it's also cheap as shit and you can field 3. As a Kazak player, I would always prefer to have a Vet, but USAriadna can definitely make them work. Probably the army I enjoy playing against the most because it just feels so far removed from the rest of the game. Them and the Merovingians.
>>
>>50994134

Space marines had the gothic name for a while

"Adpetus Astartes"
>>
>>50995965
That's literally the entire purpose of the system. You can choose to move forward as a full unit, or you can choose to Rambo with one jackass in a blaze of glory. Guess what. If they are spamming a bunch of cheerleaders, you kill the cheerleaders.

>Infiltrators
>Templates and Guided munitions
>AD

Had a dude try this against me with Haqqislam. A single Scout with a BSG killed five models in three shots. And afterwards, his really ferocious assault lost steam because of the fact that they had lost the orders that allowed it to really tear ahead. Same player tried it against ASA and had an Akali do the same shit to him.

>>50996059
Again, that goes more or less completely against the spirit of the game. And then you would end up with an absolutely miserable experience and make Assault even more punished. I would probably never run a Dog Warrior if I was basically just guaranteed that the poor bastard was going to get caught out in the open every time that he was played because I wasn't able to dump three or four orders into him.
>>
>>50996277

I hate to be the "realism" guy, but I find the order system too ludicrous.

But, your mileage clearly varies.
>>
>>50996176
>Post-humans
So it always bugsme that the fluff on those stats that they worked for alephwhen they were fleshy humans, but there are no models, and basically no lore of fleshy humans working for Aleph.
>>
>>50995336
I'll definitely buy the models that I like. The posthumans, asuras, nagas, and dasyus all look cool, as do the robutts. I might use Human Interface stuff if a few other things turn out to be autoinclude tier.

>Do you have anyone at a LGS that plays infinity?

There's at least five or six people. I know a guy who likes the idea of the game. He's operator as fuck so he'll probably pick the guys that look like modern military with werewolves. I think together we could bully some of our regular comrades into picking it up. Shit's easy if you know what someone likes.
>>
File: Loup-Garou2.jpg (118KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Loup-Garou2.jpg
118KB, 900x506px
>>50996386
Well, the game is basically entirely built upon two things. The order system and AROs. Messing with either of these is basically something you can't do or else you completely fuck up the internal balance of the game. This isn't something like "What if we take out Overwatch from 40k again," so much as it would be "What if we just completely remove Reserves, and any model that isn't on the board during Deployment doesn't exist."

Also, it's a game about black ops skirmishes in the near-future where William Wallace can get in a fist-fight with a Giant Robot while a Space Werewolf fights against a literal catgirl and a bunch of masochistic Gnostic battle-nuns. Infinity isn't mean to convey realism, it's mean to convey action movies. Which allowing you choose between pushing forward with an organized and synchronized band of brothers, tip-toeing ahead with a bunch of different dudes, or just Ramboing forward with a pack of hive-mind space dogs.

>>50996461
I'm not sure I understand. Also, that's sort of the entire purpose is that ALEPH doesn't have any flesh-and-blood humans on the board, only vat-grown Lhosts and, well, POST-humans.

>>50996504
>modern military with werewolves
Technically, he's got 2-3 factions to pick from, even with that. You've got USAriadna who are operators operating operationally and whose Devil Dogs are marine werewolves. You've got the Kazaks who are STALKER but with werewolves and space attack dogs. You've got the French who are masters at varied deployment and happen to have one of the best units in the game for putting down werewolves. Why they'd need that, I don't know.
>>
>>50996592
Post-humans guy here.
The fluff for post-humans explicitly says that becoming POST- human is a reward for good service to ALEPH by regular humans.
So normal humans must be doing work for ALEPH, ALEPH does employ regular humans.
But nothing else is said about it.
All we know about humans working for Aleph is what happens after they earn that reward.

It's a gap. And that bugs me a little.
>>
>>50996772
You could be the best janitor-bot service guy or professional shitposter and ALEPH decides"know what, I like the cut of your jib, wanna /ss/ live forever and not be stuck in the waiting line for cubes without bodies nor having to deal with the culture shock of it all....and sometimes have to go around and do commando shit with super bodies I make?"

You say hell the fuck yes, digitize me cap'n.
>>
>>50996772
It's just my headcanon, but I assume that they are ALEPH's human operatives and spies among other factions as well as O12 officials. After all, those people would already be living multiple lives between who they really are and how they are pretending to be as ALEPH sends them out to various places, planets, and factions.
>>
>>50996866
But we don't know that.
We don't know who these people were or what they were doing, or how they are recruited, or how common pro-Aleph humans are.
I'm not saying there aren't answers that would make sense, just that they never bothered to give any answer.
And that is a problem, though I will freely admit a small one.

I'm not hating on Infinity here, despite this being a bait thread. Just commenting on one of the problems with the setting that sticks in my teeth.
>>
>>50996934
They will, hopefully, have some cheapo grunts that are just regular dudes shooting guns for ALEPH. But, yah, you're right.
>>
>>50996934
>>50996772
I dunno, I honestly kind of like where exactly Post-Humans are recruited from being left up in the air. ALEPH as Skynet the faction can definitely get away with somethings being mysterious and unknown. As far as pro-ALEPH humans, that's technically everyone that has no major issue with O12.

>>50996965
Plz no. Hopefully, they never have anything even remotely like this.
>>
>>50996504
Man I am jealous, looks like you have a handle of the situation, good on ya and have a blast.

>>50996934
I honestly can't answer that. It may be in the fluff book or it may not, dunno. Maybe the manga and RPG will shed some light eventually.
>>
>>50992183
Than why does no one ever talk about it than? I've never even heard about Infinity's lore outside of broad instances?
>>
>>50997212
Because you are self-aware bait, friendo.
>>
File: 14709263324330.png (274KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
14709263324330.png
274KB, 450x450px
>>50987804
>Fucking boring and uninspired,
So just like most of Golden Demon winners.
>>
>>50997212
Because it's not easy to get scans, as opposed to 40k.
>>
>>50997245
>Le bait, friendo

>>50997568
And why is that? Honestly, you guys talk a whole lot about lore, but none of it really sells me anything. I cant give a name to it, but it feels like its just trying too hard to paint me a picture of a Sci-fi universe.
>>
>>50997723
>And why is that?
Small company, nobody cares to pirate. Same shit happens in /v/ with small releases, it takes forever to get a download and oftentimes it vanishes after a few days.
>>
Man, that's one dedicated baitposter, but you really gotta work on your grammar buddy. It's really easy to dismiss you as retarded without even needing to read the content of your posts.
>>
>>50997723
>>50997723
>and why is that
because the scans are not necessary to play the game the way they are in 40k.
It's the desire for rules that drives the scans, not the fluff. And the rules are free.
>>
>>50997894
Not to mention, you otherwise scan the books for the unit lists to build your army. But in addition to the rules being free, there's the ArmyBuilder that allows you to never even need to look in a book in order to build lists and see unit profiles. An ArmyBuilder that also has an integrated wiki that has all of the rules as well.
>>
>>50997761
>>50997894
Fair enough. But that does little to intrest somebody like me. Because to me, and I hate to say this, but the setting feels really uninspired. It simply has no flair, or soul to it. It just feels shallow, from my point of view.
>>
>>50998033
>I don't care enough to read the fluff, but I'm gonna say it's just shallow and uninspired
>Also, the Mona Lisa is overrated
>>
>>50998033
Bear in mind, 40K has been around since the 80s and has a mountain of star wars tier fiction to draw upon. Infinity came out around 2005 and is the process of expanding their universe and move it forward.
>>
>>50998033
>, but the setting feels really uninspired. It simply has no flair, or soul to it. It just feels shallow, from my point of view.
Just like 40k
>>
>>50998072
Nice hyperbole, but let me explain: The lore has never given me a REASON to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It is the job of the setting to spark intrest in me, not vice versa. If the background of a setting cannot grab the attention of your regular gamer, it has failed.

So yes, in my limited experience with the fluff, it is shallow and brainless, while lacking any underlying themes or intresting ideas.
>>
>>50998214
Okay, and Warmachine has never given me a reason to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It's just big robots, and one faction's Russia. 40k has never given me a reason to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It's just Catholic Nazis in space fighting elves. And Malifaux has never given me a reason to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It's just Victorian weird science gang-fights. And Dropzone Commander has never given me a reason to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It's just squid aliens fighting Halo marines. And Warhammer Fantasy never gave me a reason to be interested in the setting or the fluff. It's just historical factions with an injection of magic.

In my limited experience with the fluff, it is all shallow and brainless, while lacking any underlying themes or interesting ideas. I should know, I read a wiki page once.
>>
>>50998095
So? A game like Warmachine has had a similiar life span, but has a intresting background that grabs the attention of readers. Why can't the Human Sphere be as Intresting as Malifaux or Immoran?

>>50998110
Couldn't agree more. 40k and Infinity both feel like Spacemen fighting in space for arbitary reasons, with no real substance behind either conflict. They both feel so hard boiled and bland, but at least 40k has older lore to prop up the Card Board cutout that is its modern incarnation. Infinity, unfortunately, falls flat.
>>
>>50998384
I literally never knew the name of the Warmachine world until you posted it just now. And I played Farrow for 2 years.
>>
>>50998417
The interesting stuff about Warmachines world came 99% from the RPGs, the old RPG in particular.
The pure fluff worldbook from the old d&d based RPG is still worth checking out.
>>
>>50998289
>I should know, I read a wiki page once.
You see, that would work for ANY of the above games you listed. I could type in Warmachine Wiki, or 40k Wiki, and it would lead me to a wiki about the setting. But, instead, all Infinity does is bring me to a website full of rules that I couldn't care less about. Reading a wiki page about a faction should inspire me to like the faction, not pester me with rules for something I know nothing about.

And your also assuming that there was no participation on my end; I looked through the setting articles, the paragraphs on each faction, I bought and played through the Ice Storm single player scenarios, I even the read the pamphlet provided with the box. I tried. I honest to god, tried. But no matter what I read about, I couldn't feel any sort of attachment. Maybe it was the writing style, or the overall theme it tried to go for, but something just didn't click woth me. And its not just Infinity either; modern 40k, Drop Zone Commander, and most Spartan Games all come off as just as lifeless and boring.
>>
>>50998417
Wow? Im sorry, but thats a bit sad, considering that every single faction book includes a map of the Faction's holdings, and usually has the words "Immoran" plastered on it. Even I know the setting of Infinity is called the "Human Sphere".

>>50998505
This, this a hundred times. But, the recent RPG is still rather indepth, especially the Skorne book. Nice little peek into the Skorne culture after the exile if King Vinter.
>>
>>50998214
>implying regular gamers are not retarded
>>
>>50998591
I respect the new RPG books, the one on Five Fingers has a lot on Thamar that I fucking loved. I could write essays on the Theology and Metaphysics of that setting.

And basically none of that is in the wargame. The wargame would have you believe that Thamarites like Cryx.
They do not. Thamar hates Cryx. There are Thamarite pirates dedicated to just fucking with Cryx pirates.
>>
>>50997440
Pic unrelated.
>>
>>50988319

That is what I feel as well, the lore felt like it had potential, but there are so many things about the universe that seemingly went unexplained. Granted the book with the Tohaa was the last one I read and I also never read the Human Sphere, perhaps my questions would be answered there.

>>50989802

This was sort of true, not sure if it has changed. I think it's probably because the majority of Infinity armies are human and even the Tohaa and portions of the Combined Army are humanoids. Meanwhile other games have models that look different because they're different races and/or because they go out of their way to exaggerate unique things.

>>50992485

Source?
>>
>>50999602
>t. GW IDF
>>
File: 1412309024457.png (37KB, 768x586px) Image search: [Google]
1412309024457.png
37KB, 768x586px
>>51000000
woah.
>>
>>51000000

The hex confirms.
>>
>>51000043
I concur. Wonder what else is on.
>>50999999
>>
>>51000000

GW IDF is strong
>>
>>51000043

It really is. The technical skill is absolutely superb; you won't find anyone to argue that. Actual theming, though, and aesthetics beyond 'these colors match', are completely absent. It is, for lack of a better word, soulless.
>>
>>50998033
Just read the scan available in the Infinity general's OP and make an informed opinion like a mature human being? This way you'll have good reasons not to like it.

What do you want us to do, man? You're the master of your fate. Try it or don't try it, love it or hate it, it's your choice, but don't come here to say something along the lines of "I haven't read the fluff but I think it's shit". It makes you look like a tool.
>>
>>50987804
Because.... Furries!
>>
>>50990114
>anachronistically lower tech

How does generic soldiers convey that? There are many other ways to do that, in ways that would make them more 'fantastic'
>>
>>50994050
>Dude, I'm reading, and every single argument put forward for why this game is bad has been crushed.

dude, this is 4chan presenting a logical counter argument with examples for each point brought up IS being a butt-blasted crybaby if it's not your side of the argument.
>>
>>51001186
Out of interest, how do you define generic?

Because that model being discussed looks like no standard soldier deployed on Earth by an army, his gear and uniform are too slapshod. He looks more like a militiaman really, with those wrapped hands and rough plates looking as though he's had to improvise together elements of his gear.

Is any humanoid model without obviously fantastical elements generic?
>>
>>50998384
>Why can't the Human Sphere be as Intresting as Malifaux or Immoran?
Jesus fuck, I wouldn't wish WMH-tier fluff on my worst enemy. It's the poster child for "we had mechanics soooo we needed fluff I guess" boring tripe.
>>
>>51002448
To be honest dude, Warmahordes fluff is extremely well constructed. The sheer level of depth and care in it blows basically any other wargaming setting I can think of out of the water. It was designed as an RPG setting first and foremost, after all.

The Human Sphere is pretty great though, people are just whining for the sake of whining. My only complaint regarding it is that I'd like a bit more detail on certain locations, but we're getting that in the RPG book.
>>
>>51002487
I'll try to look into IK then, the wargaming-WMH side of fluff was pretty shit from what I've seen.
>>
>>51002518
The only issue I have with the game's fluff is certain aesthetic choices.

And Haley. Victoria fucking Haley, god fuck dammit. Why would you even make a character like that? She's like the I, CATO SICARIUS OF THE ULTRAMARINES of Warmahordes.
>>
>>50987289
Thats like your opinion man, I couldnĀ“t care less about Age of Sigmar or Warmahordes..no need to start bait threads.
>>
>>51003208
This thread was a good thing ultimately.

OP's arguments were so poor and self-defeating that he actually managed to convince someone to pick up Infinity. 100% Looney Tunes tier comedy gold.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.