[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Swolebaxi Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 44

File: blink 182.png (936KB, 880x1560px) Image search: [Google]
blink 182.png
936KB, 880x1560px
>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on Monks
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

Seen any tabaxi barbarians yet? Maybe tabaxi paladins?
>>
>>50951878
Thank you anon. and to answer your question, no my friends aren't furries.
>>
>>50951808
It WAS awesome, but it definitely requires co-operative players. If my GM had needed to communicate what the rest of the party was seeing and then what I was seeing, it would have fallen flat while slowing the game to half speed. It relied on him describing just one version of reality and me acting on something else.

Lots of stuff like that requires your players to be on board. Mind control, illusions, pre-destined actions... anything that affects your players and not just their characters, what your players decide to do with their characters and the information that they get from you, requires that the players be helping you to pull it off. You just can't force that sort of stuff without risking confusion and resentment.
>>
This thread's better, I'm using this one.
>>
I think the OP of the other thread is that shitposter who routinely fucks up threads with lolsorandumb spam.
>>
>>50952053
> /pfg/ opening image
> better
>>
>>50952169
>big buff catman
>/pfg/
Excuse me, /pfg/ only likes anime catgirls and kitsune.
>>
>>50951840
>>50951871
Hmm, I'll look into Favored Soul Sorcerer. Thanks anon.
>>
>>50952169

I've never played anything before 5e and know nothing about pathfinder. If that's a pathfinder image, well, I don't really give a shit. Just looks like furshit to me.

Also fuck the tabaxi.
>>
File: 1480122170687.jpg (92KB, 699x1142px) Image search: [Google]
1480122170687.jpg
92KB, 699x1142px
So I like the whole "space fantasy" schtick.

I was thinking about how to balance blasters (generic ranged weapons dealing different damage types depending on who makes them) with melee weapons. I want them to be a big part of combat mechanically, but I don't want to totally devalue melee weapons because it might be unrealistic but a dude with a plasma sword cutting through robots or some badass fucker with a staff that releases ion shockwaves when it hits stuff is cool and I want that shit. Any ideas/resources from people who have space'd up 5e already?
>>
>>50952236
You could always do it the Dune way of having shields only trigger on things that are moving too fast so melee weapons can get past to actual armor.
>>
Anyone know where I can get the Tome of Beasts by Kobold Press? Most links I find are broken.
>>
>>50952291
So like, if most armors come with a DR value or secondary HP pool that affects blasters and guns, but not like swords and the like?
>>
>>50952040
This sounds like good horror roleplaying though, the GM is there to create divisions in perceptions between players and challenge their realities.
>>
>>50952323
You could do that or just do separate health pools. Make temporary health a decently large pool that regenerates with each short rest or something that blocks any sort of ranged weapon but not melee. Put lots of half and 3/4 cover.
>>
>>50952311
It's in the Mega under Third Party -> Kobold Press
>>
>>50952311
It should still be in the trove.
>>
>>50952343
I suppose that would make sense, smart cover makes a lot of ranged combat a suppression game unless you can punch through it, and a dude with the jump on you could get into slaughterhouse range without much issue given how turnbased works.
>>
>>50952233
The deal with favoured soul sorcerer is they get medium armour without multiclassing and can use quickened spell to get bonus action attacks with green flame blade and booming blade.

Still suffers slight survivability issues and has limited resources but they're definitely an option for a full caster that can do melee damage outputs.
>>
>>50952345
>>50952348
Nice, thanks fellas.
>>
>>50952366
There's also the thought that since most combat in "space fantasy" is generally ranged, armor would have evolved to block/mitigate whatever form of energy your blasters use.

Meanwhile, melee weapons use either plasma or some hyper-dense space metal and just cuts through the armor like butter, because it's not designed to handle someone fucking stabbing them, the idea being you'd have to be insane to charge into a barrage of blaster fire.
>>
File: 1356515887803.gif (469KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1356515887803.gif
469KB, 500x307px
>>50951878
>Furry OP

Guess I'll wait for the next general.
>>
How do the firearms from the DMG work?
>>
>>50952669
Like any other ranged weapons. Not sure what you mean, specifically.
>>
>>50952118
Are you still butthurt that everyone think your shitty critical failure houserule is retard?

Anyone with a bit of system mastery would agree.
>>
File: ryan's cokes.png (861KB, 568x622px) Image search: [Google]
ryan's cokes.png
861KB, 568x622px
I'm designing a dungeon, and I'm kind of new to it.

Any tips? I'm probably just gonna sketch it out on notebook paper, but is there a program you guys use to map those out manually? How should I run encounters with traps well?
>>
Here's a question my dudes:
Would you ever allow a dwarf druid who refuses to use wood in favor of being self-sufficient with leather, rocks, and animal shit? And would you let Shillelagh work on a non-wood staff?
>>
>>50952850
sure, that's fine.
>>
>>50952730
Can they make more than one attack in the same round as part of their attack routine?
How does burst fire work?
>>
>>50952868
Guns with the Loading property are the same as crossbows in the PHB. You can only make one attack with each action, bonus action, or reaction you use to attack with, so no Extra Attack. Reload lets you use Extra Attack, but you have to use an action or bonus action to reload when you empty the magazine.

Burst Fire takes 10 pieces of ammunition and targets a 10 foot cube (four squares) with a Dex save instead of making attacks.
>>
>>50951897
>>50952169
>>50952234
>>50952641
Is being this butthurt and scared over a humanoid animal some kind of new meme? I haven't seen MUH FURRIES kick up like this in a long time.
>>
>>50953017
Holy shit, this is excellently helpful, thanks heaps brah!

The burst fire cube seems not a bad idea; the automatic pistol should have a burst fire mode though.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 284x339px
xth for critical failures are garbage and should never be in campaigns
>>
>>50953088
must've not been on /tg/ for awhile.
>>
>>50953165
Do I small salt? Show us on this doll where the dice touched you.
>>
>>50953175
Not for months, no.
>>
>>50953199
Lucky Halfling Diviner
>>
'sup cocksuckers
>>
>>50953165
That looks like a post a bitch would make

>>50953264
>you say that like that isn't what I want you to do

>>50951878
I've been kind of tempted to make a barbarian tabaxi. Have a league character that is a tabaxi rogue for "teleport behind you and unsheathes katana" style shenanigans, though as an assassin I quickly found the climbing speed to be more useful. I think a barb with a rogue dip could be really fun.
>>
Mystic is the best. They should release a book just for mystic.
>>
>>50953165
Explain, shitnozzle.

>>50953380
You're the only one here.
>>
File: 5e mystic design done.png (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
5e mystic design done.png
90KB, 600x600px
>>50953399
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/815056670107676672

It's coming, playtest-wise, anyway.
>>
File: Subaru thumbs up.png (379KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru thumbs up.png
379KB, 522x522px
>>50952833
Notebook paper's not a bad idea. If you have a whiteboard or something, you should draw it out again on that for your players to have fog of war or to only show what you want them to see/have seen.
There should be rules on how to run traps in the DMG. Rolling saves, making Perception checks, etc. For the more complex/unorthodox ones, planning and understanding is key. if you make a trap that spews a billion rats from holes in the walls if a wire is tripped, you better know how to run the players getting covered in a billion rats.
>>
>>50953425
>You're the only one here.
Yea I'll suck your cock. Wanna fight about it
>>
A while ago I posted about a homebrew campaign that will continue on from the events of the LMoP adventure.

To quickly sum it up, I want the first half to be spent dealing with "mundane" problems -- competing intrests, tensions between diverse groups, etc, with the second half being "grander" and more magical.

There is a brazier in LMoP that was the source of magic, but I'm trying to think of a good power source that comes with a good hook for the players.

Originally I was thinking there'd be something sealed away below Wave Echo Cave and their magical aura powered the cave, but Wave Echo Cave has lost its power so I'm not sure if that's apporpriate. I've been thinking either some powerful being/spirit was sealed away in a number of "braziers" and one happened to be in/got taken to Wave Echo Cave and something needs to be done with the rest, or there is a dark way (probably involving sacrifice and mass killings) to create one of these braziers that the BBEG wants to do and the players would try to stop?

Any suggestions, criticisms?
>>
>>50953487
On a LMoP run gone overboard I expanded the wizards tower by the necromancer into a full-blown dungeon. You could do something with that necro aura in the ravine in the redbrand hideout as well.
>>
>>50952833
I'm totally new at it so I'll be watching this. For now I used Inkarnate to design my first map because it looks pretty but it's probably not a very good tool for that scale of map.

The way I approached the one dungeon I've designed is from a RP/setting/story first perspective. What will make this memorable, why is it here, is there a "gimmick"? And then try and design around that if possible.

I'm interested in what people will say about traps, I find them a bit clunky. For more "run of the mill" traps you can sign post a bit to try and prod your characters to actively ask for a perception check. I.e. a long hallway that is otherwise featureless, or has a handful of enemies on the other side that refuse to engage in melee.

In my dungeon there is a twisting hallway where enemies are hiding within the walls, so I think it's fair to try a Perception check since it seems like such a good place for an ambush.

Don't know if you have any use from that.
>>
>>50953553
I forgot about that. In the first half I want to continually hint that there's some dark, powerful magic below the area that keeps seeping up into the surface.

There's a sorcerer in the woods that dies and becomes a wraith and causes blights to appear, I suppose it could have been the cause of the weird undead in Thundertree.

I just don't know what a good source for that is, or how to tie it to the magical brazier in Wave Echo Cave.

My players haven't gotten to the brazier yet so I can still reskin it, to just a pit or a mysterious area or another ravine, but I also don't want to end up regretting it if I decide the braziers lead to some cooler idea.
>>
what happened to the /tg/ homebrew megalink, or am i just dumb?
>>
File: 1362776267254.jpg (5KB, 85x90px) Image search: [Google]
1362776267254.jpg
5KB, 85x90px
Ok folks, I've got a mechanics question:

If a character is struck by 3 successful hits, and the first drops them to zero hit points (but doesn't cause instant death on its own) if the 2 remaining hits DO drop the "negative HP" to the threshold (the two hits combined do, not alone), does it cause instant death, or does it just cause two failed Death Saves?

In other words, would the hits kill them outright, or would it give them a chance to make death saves still?
>>
>>50953669
http://pastebin.com/ahwNkwar
Is this what you're looking for? It was in the OP pastebin with resources and stuff.
>>
>>50953669
reetee
>>
>>50953685
I'm not 100% sure but if they're seperate attacks I think that just means 2 failed death saves.
>>
>>50953689

yup that's it thank you
>>
>>50953685
First drops them to zero, second would be an autocrit if it from within 5 feet so two death save failures, third would kill them.
>>
>>50953596
What I did in the one I previously mentioned was have the wizard dungeon tied to the land, through a Fisher King imbuing object that turned the whole campaign area into shit when the necromancer go possessed and got his hands on the object, corrupting the land.
The party split, one went to co-opt the orcs into a fighting force and dealt with the undead versions of creatures they killed early on (including the undead versions of a previous TPK and the dragon), the others defending Phandalin and eventually going through the dungeon to stop whatever was happening, with the two paths intersecting at various points.

If you are that worried about your idea, I advise digging up others campaigns/screencaps/stories, that is what I do when I feel a certain idea isn't strong enough. Are the braziers just taps to the power below the source of it? How many are you thinking of making? Are there individuals trying to protect them or use them for their own ends?
(The necromancer, the sorcerer you mentioned, Agatha, the dragon, the orcs, the bugbear king, the townmaster, black spider, the "miners" in phandalin are all possible chess pieces you could use for that to make things interesting).
>>
>>50953685
Insta kill is when one attacks (i.e. swing of a sword) damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum when you're already at 0.

As the other anon said, attacked a knocked out creature gives autocrits. A crit leads to two automatic failed death saves. Two attacks would be two autocrits totaling 4 failed death saves.

A monster with multiattack could kill a knocked out person in one round.
>>
>>50953685
If those attacks were within 5ft, it would give 4 failed death saves or instant death.

However, unless one single instance of damage (Say, one casting of magic missile or one attack of scorching ray or one attack from a barbarian who makes two attacks) brings them to 'massive damage' levels, their HP is still effectively 0. Imaginary negative HP is never something you'd need to track, ever, just something you'd need to calculate and if it's not enough to kill them you forget about it.
>>
File: Psionics.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Psionics.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50953431
Anybody care to count how many disciplines this shit has? I want muh mystic but i'm too much of a shit head to wait
>>
>>50953766
48 disciplines and 13 talents.
>>
>>50953741
Haven't really thought the details through but the idea of using things from the adventure they know about is interesting.

They haven't encountered the dragon yet so the dragon having a similar magical brazier in its horde is an interesting one.
>>
File: 1364012718541.png (33KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1364012718541.png
33KB, 255x216px
>>50953714
>>50953727
>>50953757
>>50953764

Thank you for the kind clarifications folks!

Things worked out in the end correctly then, but I wanted to make sure and the way the book words it is kind of weird...

I was DMing and someone got beat pretty bad when they were ganged up, and I knew they either died by death saves or by "instant death" but I wanted to let the player know for sure (and so we could be certain for the future).

The character still died due to failing the single death save I gave them, but it is good to know it would have been "4 failed death saves" anyway, I forgot about the insta-crit on downed characters!
>>
>>50953938
> ganging up PC.
Be prepare for retaliation. His next character will probably be nigh unkillable.
>>
>>50952749
I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>50953969
You might be right, although he did admit that it happened because of his own choices so I don't think he feels cheated or anything. He ran into a group of thugs to be the frontliner as a bard... knowing full well what might happen. Some unlucky hits later he was a pool of blood on the ground

He might end up going a for a bit "physically tougher" build next time, but I doubt he'll go off the deep end (hopefully)
>>
So I was thinking again about dealing with a slightly different system not using death saves, for, say, a game where characters are supposed to die not just because the DM decided to kill them. Maybe for a harsh 'roll stats in order' game where new characters are made sometimes.
It needs to be simple enough, it needs to encourage players not to keep fighting when they're critical, it needs to still allow healing to be effective but not allow healing to keep resetting how close somebody is to death. It's also to make it so the DM doesn't have to hold back killing someone because 'they're down, and it'd be a dick move to attack and give them 2 death saves now'.

>Death saves and any abilities that would be affected by the change are replaced. Players now have a secondary pool of health determined by the average of class hitdice alone. This pool of health is only restored on long rests, maybe at a reduced rate from other sources. If this reduces to 0, the character dies.
>We'll call the usual health 'spirit' and the new health 'body'.
>Damage that damages body gives disadvantage on concentration saves. If the damage to body is higher than double the character's level, they also roll on a large, various effects injury chart which may do nothing or may give them a problem until a long rest.

Heck, I think this might be even more simple than death saves. Characters aren't helpless when they're at/below 0, but they should strongly consider taking cover so they won't needlessly die.
>>
>>50954230
Just to clarify, I want there to be a legitimate reason characters die. Not just 'the DM decided the monster would attack the downed player', but instead 'they pushed themself too hard when they were already at their limit instead of running away and taking cover'.

That's what this is about. I'm not saying everybody should make it part of their game or something, that's just stupid.
>>
File: 99d49290-765d-11e4-_811395b (1).jpg (29KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
99d49290-765d-11e4-_811395b (1).jpg
29KB, 780x520px
>Houserule #27: Anon may not describe his character again and again until it's clear that he's describing Jack Reacher only he looks liek Richard Armitage instead.

>Let's just say, one day I woke up and the uniform didn't fit anymore.
>>
>>50951878
Hey everybody. In the game I'm playing right now I'm running a wood elf rogue with observant and expretise in perception. My DM despises it and keeps trying to nerf it. Is he an ok character? He has a backstory - a good one too. He's not super powerful either. He's just a really, really, REALLY good scout.
>>
>>50954381
Sounds cool af
>>
File: daffywizard.jpg (23KB, 346x349px) Image search: [Google]
daffywizard.jpg
23KB, 346x349px
>>50951878
Would it be possible to build a level 20 Magic User with this kind of power in 5e?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

You can ignore the song and whatever, just focus on the magic parts.
>>
>>50954407
IIm pretty sure that video is literally based on level 20 wizards. Look at the enemies and spells hes casting.
>>
>>50954407
yeah dude level 20 wizards are basically already that powerful.
>>
>>50954381
The best way to explain those sorts of characters is 'insanely paranoid'.

There is no need to nerf it. If he cannot be surprised, fine. Other members of the party can potentially be surprsied if enemies are very careful (Say, they lie in wait and all jump out - their stealth checks will be against each party member's passive perception and while he might not be surprised, others might be).
If it's to do with traps? Have it so the DM doesn't just say 'yeah, there's a fucking trap there.' Have the DM say that something seems off about this or that. Make it generally useful so that it's not constantly misleading information, or, heck, the DM can use it as a joke instead of getting irritated. 'Your passive perception reveals there is a bunny 100 feet away from your party.'
Or 'You can hear the innkeeper on the loo outside.'

Say he comes across a pitfall trap in the dark. They'll only notice it within 60ft due to darkvision or whatever.
'You notice there's something off about the floor ahead.'
If they want to inspect it, they have to say how they inspect it. If they want to disarm it, they have to say how. You can't just roll thieves' tools on literally everything and disarm literally everything, maybe they'll have to think of a way over the pitfall trap because it's simply a false floor and there's no way across.

Maybe there are traps that don't rely on vision. They hide behind inconspicuous walls and only reveal after a lever is pulled.
>>
>>50954442
>>50954381
Or, heck, the DM can give up on trying to create creative traps and just get on with it and accept that one player has a unique ability to see all sorts of things.

However, they also shouldn't be able to see through illusions - those would use passive investigation, I believe. Which is higher, but unlikely to be quite as high.
>>
What's the most fun PHB class?
>>
>>50954496
Rogue.
>>
>>50954407
When you factor in magic items, sure.

>>50954496
Conjurer wizard or some sort of fun wizard thing like that for all the many options and ways to solve problems.
Or, barbarogue if you just like throwing enemies around and suplexing them and whatever.
>>
>>50954381
Are you going to get alert too? Whats the backstory?
>>
>>50951878
>tabaxi barbarian
Yeah, I've played with someone playing a female one of those, it was the DM's mom
>>
>>50954496
rog or bard
>>
>>50954393
Cheers mate.

>>50954455
I'm planning on taking expertise (investigation) when I hit level 6. I don't expect to use it much, but it makes sense for their backstory.

>>50954528
Basically, they're super paranoid like >>50954455 suggests. They're kinda like Rincewind from discworld - they're a genre savvy serial adventurer who desperately tries to avoid being caught up in dangerous situations. When the party all arrived in the same port town at the adventure start, my rogue tried to avoid all the other characters, especially the sorcerer. He recognised them as being a bunch of rag-tag snowflakes who would all get roped into doing something dangerous (but still wound up guarding a caravan with them). He's basically a hillbilly wood elf vagrant, who's only really good for running and hiding, who would be happiest if the world could save its own damn self for once.
>>
>>50953969
>Ganging up
>Enemies are honourable and shouldn't attack downed heroes
>Heroes wade through rivers of blood never giving a thought to an NPC

Wew nothing like the salt of a PC death
>>
>>50954562
Is she a cougar?
>>
File: 1397568135859.gif (632KB, 399x136px) Image search: [Google]
1397568135859.gif
632KB, 399x136px
>>50954230
>It's also to make it so the DM doesn't have to hold back killing someone because 'they're down, and it'd be a dick move to attack and give them 2 death saves now'

If the monster/enemy they're fighting would kill someone, they're getting attacked when down.

Wild beasts don't consider whether their food has feelings.
>>
File: 1409704094638.gif (2MB, 257x193px) Image search: [Google]
1409704094638.gif
2MB, 257x193px
>>50954381
There's a difference between passive and active perception. Sounds like you're confusing them.

A passive perception might enable you to spot something is wrong, or requires closer attention.

Active is when you actively are searching for something, treasure/traps/people.

>Rogue flippantly walks up and opens chest
>Poison gas explodes in his face
>B-but my perception
>>
>>50954654
So, if two enemies go in a row, one enemy takes that guy to 0 and the next enemy decides 'I'm a creature that kills stuff' and goes for them and hits two attacks (or one attack and the guy then fails their death save if they go before a healer has a chance to help. Either way, they have advantage to hit and the target can't use 'shield' or anything) they're just dead?

I guess players might want to think about lore, but it's very hit-or-miss when a DM might pull out 'this creature is one that kills downed players'. Not to mention, I'd rather have players die for a reason other than 'it's that kind of monster'.

It's much more heroic when a player dies fighting to their last breath than falling to the ground and being eaten by wolves because nobody would heal them that round.
>>
>>50954695
I thought passive perception was what people trying to sneak up on you rolled against? It just annoys my DM cuz I see his ambushes coming.
>>
>>50954738
it is
you're right
>>
>>50954738
Yes, stealth rolls are contrasted by passive perception.

But any suitably prepared ambush is going to give at least advantage on the ambushers stealth rolls.

The DM could be as vague as to say "you get a bad feeling about that copse of trees up ahead" or
"you're being watched, if you make any sudden movements or alert your party prepare to be attacked"

He doesn't have to say "you see 10 men, 3 dogs and a pit trap lying in wait"
>>
File: 1332207831413.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1332207831413.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>50954720
>It's much more heroic when a player dies fighting to their last breath

Sure, but some deaths are ignoble. Desperately clawing to life, as they clutch their intestines spilling from their gut. Questioning every decision that led them to this muddy field dying in the pursuit of empty gold.
>>
>>50953088
/tg/'s been getting a pretty heavy influx of shitposting lately. It's just ETBA's being ETBA's.
>>
>>50951878
>Seen any tabaxi barbarians yet? Maybe tabaxi paladins?
Been considering either a Barb or Monk Tabaxi. I like their stats.
>>
>>50954864
Eh, well. Maybe 'heroic' wasn't a good way to put it.

'Dramatic', maybe.

I really don't like the idea of 'You're down you can't do anything but roll death saves, start sucking the healer's dick if you want your character to survive' compared to still being able to act, but likely doing whatever they can to stay alive.

Only problem is if people treat it like free extra health, except they don't have a death save cushion and they just die. Though you can brlame that on the player, maybe a guy without any regular health would just be prone like an unconscious guy but still be conscious. Otherwise it's just the monk sprinting at high velocity out of there rather than clawing their way out to survive.
>>
So it finally happened. I was playing through a level 1-2 AL adventure (to help our DM get some rewards) and through a series of misadventures we almost got ourselves a TPK. Because someone had to be a wild magic sorcerer.

And they just had to wild magic surge.

And they just had to roll fireball killing everyone but me (though I was unconscious... barely).

And then they just had to do it again.
>>
>>50954654
A wild beast is the type of creature that's least likely to savage a downed character, as long as other threats are present. It's the smart monsters that understand "the guy with a shield who keeps shouting is going to revive the archer, unless I slit his throat first."
>>
>>50954864
Why do DMs think its a good idea to subvert heroism tropes

like nigga, why the fuck do you think I play DnD? Do you think its because I wanna be impressed by how much of a /lit/fag you are?
>>
File: img1.jpg (37KB, 527x273px) Image search: [Google]
img1.jpg
37KB, 527x273px
This is how I undying warlock with the noble background.
>>
>Party consisting of
>Zealot Barbarian
>Inquisitive Rogue
>Light Cleric
>Vengeance Paladin
>Theurgy Wizard

>RIP AND TEAR in the name of Pelor across the countryside
>Investigate the locals for heresy (the actual kind not the 40k kind)
>Challenging Hobgoblins to deathmatches over who's god is the real one
Man those religious people are right, Religion is WAY more fun as a group!
>>
>>50954931
You'll feel better after that first TPK anon.
>>
>>50955067
And zombies or ghouls just want to eat, so they'll drag off their victim to feast. Of course in the case of ghouls, their victim is often just paralyzed.
>>
Hey I'm doing Storm King's thunder. There's so much pointless shit in here it's crazy. How do i get more towards the main quest.
>>
Just finished reading volo's cover to cover.
Now i really want to run my bugbear assasin as a lazy fucker in it for gold, which already fits into what i had planned for him.
But since i may or may not be a foreverdm i want a campaign set between an orc/goblin war, climax is gnoll warband shows up. Players are tasked with raising a defence by getting various groups to team up tp fight goblins/orcs/gnolls and to set them against eachother via sabatoge.
>>
File: HEYSENPAI.jpg (126KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HEYSENPAI.jpg
126KB, 576x1024px
Was just glancing through the beasts in Storm King's, would a medium-sized crag cat with reduced hit die to make it more comparable to a CR 1/2 beast be broken as a UA BM pet?
>>
>>50955759
Make it more about giants. There's a lot of bullshit in chapter 3 especially.

Get them to the temple, make the various giant holds the focus.

The book does a poor job of enticing players to investigate or give a fuck about giants beyond they like to attack shit.
>>
File: 1455242974568.gif (2MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1455242974568.gif
2MB, 512x384px
>tfw you're relatively new to DM'ing
>tfw you listen to the advice of the most experienced player at the table in rule disputes
>tfw days later after doing research you realize he's wrong 90% of the time
>>
>>50956001
i feel like this happens alot
>group of new players gets together
>one has played 3.5 before
>pipes in on all the rule disputes using old 3.5 rules
>>
File: ffxv.jpg (754KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
754KB, 1280x661px
Playing through FFXV right now and I'm realizing how oddly well its setting would work in D&D, down to the prepared magic.

I imagine the biggest issue you'd run in with a modern-but-there's-still-some-magic setting is the more esoteric spells that give explicit work arounds of problems, right?
>>
>>50955862
>bugbear assassin in it for the gold

You and literally everybody else, apparently. Not that that should stop you, of course.
>>
>>50953165
I agree.
>>
>>50954407
How do I optimize my harem of elves in 5e?
>>
>>50956043
DnD needs a truncated spell list anyway.
>>
> Upcoming campaign in February
> Want to be mystic
> Doesn't want to rebuild half-way through when the new mystic UA come out

Can anyone tell Mearl to release Mystic UA first before the other class? ;_;
>>
>>50955010
2% brah. 2%.
>>
What do you guys think the UA:Rogue will bring? What criticisms are there that could warrant a new option or some changes?

I feel like all 3 options in the PHB are fine.
>>
>>50956276
Let's continue over there [EARLY NEW THREAD]
>>50956249
>>50956249
>>50956249
Seeing as there's two up (neither are mine), we're posting in both, splitting the discussion and clogging up the board isn't cool, let this one die early
>>
>>50953165
Critical failures are fine as long as the narrative that accompanies them is consistent with the rest of the game and the mood of the table when the die is rolled.

My personal grievance with them is when the GM interprets a nat1 as supreme incompetence. No, Straw GM, it's not incompetence, it's bad luck; my character's competence is written on my character sheet, and even the most skilled character would have failed that roll because it was a bad luck roll, so it should be narrated as bad luck. Pretty big clue that when I took Stealth proficiency, bought that Stealth related feat, played a stealthy race and got really excited about that magic item that boosts my stealth that I'm enjoying playing a ninja, not Buster Keaton.
>>
>>50956312
Why must you do this?

This is a perfectly fine thread.
>>
File: 54466300[1].jpg (104KB, 390x390px) Image search: [Google]
54466300[1].jpg
104KB, 390x390px
>>50956414
Verily.
>>
I really want to play a dwarf someday, since I've never had the opportunity. What's a good class for dwarves in 5e?
>>
>>50956414
>>50956635
Yeah, keep bumping with no content, boys
It's not that anything is wrong with one thread, it's that two are alive and bumping to the front page. Leave room for other discussion!
>>
>>50956685
monk
>>
Could an Unseen Servant carry its caster if they weighed less than 30 lbs? If so, how high could they lift them?
>>
>>50956691
PSIONS
>>50953766
DISCUSS
How close do you think the official mystic will come to this? There, content. Probably awful, useless content but its there.
>>
>>50956035
I played in a game with a DM new to the system who would do this. It felt like a bad homebrewed campaign.
>>
>>50958439

I'm excited to see it. The first two drafts were great, even if they were a little unbalanced.
>>
File: dc1c9c0d81a4bc8074a1f1fad62232f0.jpg (383KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
dc1c9c0d81a4bc8074a1f1fad62232f0.jpg
383KB, 1600x1280px
>tfw you will never get to play a tigerman tiger totem tigarian
>>
Is Medium Armor Master worth it?
>>
>>50962133
In some very specific cases, sort of. But generally not really. Maybe in a rolled-stat game where you have good dex and already have feats for other stuff.
>>
>>50953431
Sohei is the psychic warrior? Interesting. Super freaking interesting. Still sad they aren't including a psychic rogue or lurk.

For that matter, would a spell thief work in 5E?
>>
>>50964240
Spellthief is already a feature for high-level arcane tricksters. It could be as simple as scaling that down to fit a different magic subclass of it.
>>
Fellow DMs, what do you use to keep track of all your locations, NPCs, events, history etc. for making your own settings?
>>
>>50964611
Have you tried out OneNote?
>>
>>50954918
ETBA?
>>
>>50955279
nice
>>
File: 1455408633182.jpg (38KB, 445x668px) Image search: [Google]
1455408633182.jpg
38KB, 445x668px
Has anyone ever remade the 4e Warlord class into 5e? It really fits a role one of my PCs want to try and his character just died so he is rerolling. I could do it myself, but I would rather change an already made conversion than do it from scrap.
>>
>>50964611
One note is my go to for keeping order in my notes. There are many layers to segregate different type of layers into. Make a chapter for a town and a page for every building or maybe just a chapter for a whole arch in your story and a page for every area or dungeon. It depends on how grand you keep things, but its easy and flexible to use. I have everything but my hand drawn maps on my onenote these days.
>>
>>50964815

Battlemaster fighter - take the moves that support the team.
>>
>>50964887
I was thinking about a more direct conversion. Yes, Battlemaster has some things in common with the Warlord, but besides a few of the manuvers its a whole different beast.
>>
File: 1450441471083.png (29KB, 545x376px) Image search: [Google]
1450441471083.png
29KB, 545x376px
>>50964815
Gonna make my own, but to do that I will have to read into 4e some more. Will post the homebrew in a future thread if anyone cares.
>>
>>50954629
Nah, she's kinda fat.
>>
>>50954496
If the hysterical laughter of my players is any indication, it's Illusion Wizard. The easy humor in the class is only exacerbated by the fact that the guy playing it has a ridiculously quick wit.
>>
>>50964922
I played 4e, it's really not that different, and every homebrew i have seen of it is just battlemaster fighter except better in every way.
>>
Can bardic magic be studied? Or is being artistically gifted part of being a bard? Would a half orc bard that plays war drums work?
>>
>>50966204
They can be studied, yes. Thus the bardic "colleges."
>>
Is there a decent tier list anywhere?

My friend is starting a new campaign soon and I wanna avoid the broken bullshit (Moon Druid, Lore Bard).
>>
I'm going to be playing in a goofy campaign as a luchador who's themed like a wizard (his ring name is El Mago del Mùsculo). His "spells" are actually different strikes and wrestling. I want to name his signature moves after spells, but all I can think of so far is "Magic Missile Dropkick."
>>
>>50966971
and the "Acid Splash"
>>
>>50966968
>broken shit tier
Single level dips of certain UAs such as Shadow Sorcerer or Revised Ranger.
General system abuses your DM probably wouldn't allow (Nuclear druid / nuclear ghandi).
>Tier 1, Generally Great Tier
Cleric/Bard/Druid/Paladin/Wizard

>Tier 2, Generally Good, many of these tend to be good multiclass material too.
Warlock/Sorcerer/Barbarian/Rogue/Fighter

>Tier 3, Does a job but Generally Meh. Still fine to play.
PHB Ranger/Monk

>Tier 4, Will result in disappointment, Generally Bad
Certain things, such as low-stats monk, WOT4E monk, PHB beastmaster.

This is generally agreed upon although some people will argue to change things (monk might increase a tier because they have a really good stunning ability, but honestly they're not very versatile)
>>
>>50954230
A number of systems do this, but one that I'm familiar with is Fantasycraft which was pretty much a 3.pf clone/parallel. Your character worked on vitality and wounds, with vitality representing your ability to fight and to deflect and shirk off minor blows while your wounds were real damage that was much harder to heal. Vitality would be what your hit dice go into while your maximum wounds is equal to your constitution score. This would arguably give your players more total health to play around with but it's designed for a more heroic style of play. Maybe consider using/adjusting that sort of system.
>>
>>50967017
He said decent. Also tiers aren't a thing anymore.

Tiers are only for powergaming retards stuck in Pathfinder fuckery.
>>
One thread at a time, you fucking pieces of repungant horrific smelling shits.
>>
>>50967125
Tiers are still a thing, there's just barely anything in the 'don't fucking play this' tier.

>>50967123
That sounds like it might be a bit too far from standard 5e, though. The suggestion for death saves -> extra HP pool is a bit different.

If anything, however, it may actually be less effective total HP as instead of endlessly reviving a player on 1 HP where even a 50 damage hit will only bring htem to 0 HP and they cannot do that.
>>
>>50966968
Moon Druid are only "broken" at level 2-4 and again at level 18-20 (but no one play at that level).
>>
>>50967144
The tiers don't mean what you think they mean in 5e, because all classes can't do everything.
>>
File: 1249092637994.jpg (98KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1249092637994.jpg
98KB, 800x533px
what are the penalties for shooting at a man-sized target, with a ballista (pic related), off the side of a moving ship, at 100 yards, in a rain storm?
>>
>>50967200
in 5e? Only Disadvantage.
>>
>>50967174
except Bard. Screw them.
>>
>>50967206
ideally, in 3.5 but I didn't want to start a general or a QTDNDTOT.
>>
>>50967017
Do you think monks would feel better if they had a d12 hit dice? Every time I think of a guy who works out every day and has a supernatural connection to mind and body having the same amount of hardiness as a dude who plays lutes in a tavern, prays a couple times a day or consorts with mind-altering demons/cthulus it just baffles me. Considering both the monk fighting style and lifestyle I don't think it would be too unreasonable to put them on the same level as the guy that gets angry a bunch. Thoughts?
>>
>>50967200
A hundred yards is hardly shit for a ballista.
The other factors combined with how trained the individual are would probably confer disadv, or if you're feeling a bit generous, add a bit of AC to the target, because AC is a mix of missing and blocking in 5e.
>>
>>50967200
+6 to-hit vs. target's AC (15 if it's an object made of wood). It's outside a ballista's normal range, so with disadvantage. In a rain storm means it's lightly obscured if you've got sunlight going, so that changes nothing. If it's at night it would be heavily obscured and many DMs wouldn't let you attempt the shot at all.
>>
File: tumblr_nu2ep7qHDW1tposbvo1_1280.jpg (104KB, 750x827px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu2ep7qHDW1tposbvo1_1280.jpg
104KB, 750x827px
Hey, anyone have the mega drive for all the 4e shit?
>>
File: 1456496062823.jpg (78KB, 564x643px) Image search: [Google]
1456496062823.jpg
78KB, 564x643px
>>50967240
>>50967228
>>50967206
>>50967200
asking as a DM about to have this as a potential occurrence where the party is the target....

the pirates are angry at the party for raiding their home while they were away.

neither side has a ranged caster.
>>
>>50967218
Maybe for a strength based monk. For a little dex monk, I'd keep them the same. A UA for unarmed archetypes for Fighter and Barbarian would be cool. I want the hard punches without all the ki stuff.

Not sure what class I'm using for this character, but probably Barbarian (for the advantage on strength checks and con to AC, and Monk (for faster strikes and better jumps). Taking Rogue for expertise on athletics for the grapple checks might be too power gamey.
>>
>>50967218
1d10 hit dice, definitely. 1d12 is a bit too much, even if it would make it balanced.

See, barbarians are about being big and having a lot of beef and letting all that beef get ground down with reckless regard.

Monks are less about beef and more about discipline, ignoring pain and building their body to be tough but effective. Likely slightly beyond a typical fighter or paladin, yet their typically lighter frame would mean they'd also fall down a bit, towards around a 1d10.

Even if you kept buffing monk's health, you merely eliminate a weakness. You don't change the fact that monk mostly has the one selling point, and that it isn't awfully versatile. Though, I guess you could say a pure barbarian isn't very versatile either, but at least barbarians have the freedom to pick up feats.
>>
>>50967217
If it's 3.5, you need to give us more infomation. What's the pirate feat
What's type of ballista is it and what's it range increment.

ALL THE STUFF
>>
>>50967278
no idea yet, I'm still planning the encounter and its consequences
>>50967254
I was thinking a reasonably well drilled but otherwise generic pirate.

where would the appropriate data be for ballistas in 3.5e?
>>
File: smug anime 10.png (321KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime 10.png
321KB, 800x450px
>>50967298
>where would the appropriate data be for ballistas in 3.5e?
Maybe in the an appropriate thread for 3.5e questions?
>>
>>50966968
nuclear druid?
>>
>>50967304
didn't want to start one for just one question...

>>50967315
>out of context
I'd listen to that punk-rock band
>>
File: 5e power of god.png (48KB, 882x229px) Image search: [Google]
5e power of god.png
48KB, 882x229px
>>50967315
Twilight druid (from druid UA) with magic missile from an arcane cleric or wizard or sorcerer dip, dumping necrotic damage onto the casting.

Pic related for maximum overkill.
>>
File: HELP.png (659KB, 570x491px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.png
659KB, 570x491px
>Online roll20 group
>One of the players is great at rp and knows the rules damn well, always having creative ideas and being helpful to the party
>generally speaking a good player and person too
>BUT
>His voice is the most utterly grating nasally fucking faggot-ass nerd voice I have ever had the displeasure of having squirm into my ears
>He literally makes me cringe just by speaking normally
>seriously he sounds even worse than that Jew from Family Guy and that scientist guy from Simpsons PUT TOGETHER
Send help I shouldn't be judging people for these things but I can't stop
>>
>>50967320
maybe try /pfg/? their rule is closer to 3.5 than 5e.
>>
>>50967277
My main thought is that a monk's survivability is beyond constitution, which they naturally don't get much of because they need to throw wisdom into the mix. Even if you gave them the same hit dice as a barbarian they'd almost never have the same amount of actual health.

You are right though, the balance issue isn't just in their low health, they need more options for offence. I think 1d10 would be enough to satisfy my botherations, since rangers got that at least and they're much closer to rogues.
>>
>>50967347
I was hanging out with a PF GM for all of the yesterday...pushy insistent and certain that 5e could NOT POSSIBLY be any good and that 3.5 was garbage...

I might have been projecting when I decided here over there.

also, one player is a pathfinder player and I'll not have him aware of shit....
>>
File: pfg discovers 5e.png (229KB, 525x248px) Image search: [Google]
pfg discovers 5e.png
229KB, 525x248px
>>50967358
>>50967358
>pushy insistent and certain that 5e could NOT POSSIBLY be any good and that 3.5 was garbage
>>
>>50967200
Disadvantage. Dexmod+Profmod to hit if they're proficient, just dexmod otherwise. If target is behind cover, they get +2 for half cover or +5 for three-quarters-cover.

If the sea is particularly rough, they might have to make a concentration check to even be able to fire that round at all.

If there is more than one source of disadvantage, you might as well not even bother rolling.

For every player within 5ft of the target while the attack still has disadvantage from all that, give the attack a +1 to hit. On a hit, randomly determine out of all targets within 5ft which target is hit.
>>
>>50967361
stop that.
I do not want an edition war, I want to know or get advice on my damn question>>50967200

scream about this LATER
>>
>>50967352
The deal with 1d12 health is it's supposed to be sort of a barbarian unique thing, I suppose. The one class that's all about 'waagh more health'.
>>
File: mfw you don't read the book.jpg (290KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
mfw you don't read the book.jpg
290KB, 889x500px
>>50967374
You brought 3.5e questions to a 5e thread, not me.

Take people's advice and go ask in /pfg/ instead, where you'll get an answer more suited to that ruleset.
>>
>>50967216
Bards are cool. Why do you have to hate on bards?
>>
>>50967216
Our group is changing editions from 3.5 to 5e for an old campaign, so we're converting our characters. I've played a warlock, and one of my friends has played a bard. The first thing I hear from him is that he took Eldritch Blast. So, I took Vicious Mockery. I'm new to this edition, so I'll see just what he does with his Lore Bard and reserve judgement, but I've gotten the distinct impression they're the "do everything better than everyone" class.

>>50967358
>PF GM
>3.5 was garbage
Then what does he think Pathfinder is?
>>
>>50967358
The PF DM needs to make all the excuses to hate on a system that's actually good and why he's still playing a proven system that's shit with shit developers.
>>
>>50967374
The thing is... not everyone of us is 3.5e rule wizard. You could try your luck again when the thread is more active.
>>
>>50967401
>Then what does he think Pathfinder is?
she thinks its the be all and end all fantasy game system that needs no improvement...

>>50967409
I at least convinced her to LOOK at 5e.
>>
>>50967344
Is this based on another stupid ruling the devs made or did the person who wrote this not read the ability properly? All it allows you to do is roll the expended dice ONCE and add that to the damage total. The one thing I imagine you could exploit with the wording is say that since you're rolling spell damage multiple times you could roll both half's of your pool on separate missiles, and that would still likely result in a large amount of damage with the vulnerability combo there, but it wouldn't go anywhere near as nuclear as that.
>>
>>50967345
I have no advice, but I laughed at your story
>>
Looking at the characters my party wants to play in the next campaign, they have no healers. Would an extra party member non combatant doctor type be okay? Not sure I want a magic one, I don't want them to have too much utility but maybe someone with healer feat, or a nerfed pacifist monk that doesn't fight.

Or just increase health potions and chances to rest, but my party seems to like NPC party members, even if they are useless in combat.
>>
>>50967428
Magic missile is a single damage roll (1d4+1) applied to each missile, as they hit simultaneously. Thus, any damage added to a single missile would multiply across all missiles. That's the RAI and RAW of it, same reason you could add the necrotic damage to a fireball. The difference is that magic missile can have all of its targets be a single creature instead of in an area.
>>
>>50967401
Well... if your group just switch... you might not catch some of the leeway the Lore Bard get.

Like how their Jack of all Trade ability apply to initiative roll and counter spell roll (since both are ability check)
>>
>>50967428
>>50967428
Crawford rule that your roll once for magic missile.
>>
>>50967420
Is she fucked in the head? What kind of attitude is that? Is she autistic?
A lot of autists play pf.
Core pf is one of the most poorly and shit systems out here. It's virtually fucked and nearly unplayable for some classes without 3pp.

Good for you that you convinced her to look at other alternatives. You shouldn't just play one game, at least try several because the different systems cater to different genres.

But yeah, 5e is different enough to 3.5 that we wouldn't be able to help much. Ask in another thread.
>>
>>50967432
With a short rest every now and then, not having healers isn't too big of a problem. Mine doesn't have any, but we're still staying alive fine.
>>
>>50967432
make a DMPC healer. Get the party to emotionally invest in her. Then kill her off and resurrect her as BBEG waifu.
>>
>>50967456
>Is she fucked in the head?
at the time she was several big shots of schnapps past her baseline.

>But yeah, 5e is different enough to 3.5 that we wouldn't be able to help much.
WELL SHIT
>>
>>50967468
None of that waifu shit, though weirdly my party seems to like DMPCs, they often say I do them well and keep them on longer than I thought they would (they eventually convinced their kobold guide to run away with them and is now a permanent member despite being only level 3 while they are 6.) So that's why I mention having a doctor type accompany them. Is pure pacifist monk too much healing or should I bump it down to 5X level, or just something else with the healer feat, like a ranger or something
>>
>>50967501
I wouldn't give the doctor class levels. Give him the healer feat, but allow him to use it more often.
>>
>>50967440
"Roll the spent dice and add them to the damage as necrotic damage." While rules as written that could suggest you add it to the damage of "one dart", I wouldn't go saying that's rules as intended. It's clearly intended to suggest that you add that to the "total damage", which is why it applies to something like fireball. It's a compelling argument, but you'd be hard pressed to get that past a dm.

Also on an unrelated note the original pic didn't factor in that it's necrotic damage, so vulnerability to force damage would do jack.
>>
File: Tabaxi.jpg (11KB, 190x273px) Image search: [Google]
Tabaxi.jpg
11KB, 190x273px
Amazed this thread is still alive
>>50967501
Bring along a merchant who sells discount healing potions from a cart and offers to help carry loot. Can be a cat or kenku who likes collecting things, maybe.
>>
>>50967440
>>50967528
Can't believe you guys don't roll one d4 per Missile - way more fun to have to pool everyone's dice when you really push it!
>>
>>50967532
This is the thread that should've continued, the other thread was made by a jealous fucker.
>>
>>50967528
>>50967564
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/01/26/bonus-spell-damage/

CRAWFORD WORDS IS RAW AND RAI. It's overturned Mearl previous ruling too.
>>
File: explosion.jpg (158KB, 1596x914px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.jpg
158KB, 1596x914px
>>50967528
>Also on an unrelated note the original pic didn't factor in that it's necrotic damage, so vulnerability to force damage would do jack.
Fair, let's try again.

9th-level magic missile with necrotic vulnerability, spending 8 of 16 Harvest's Scythe dice:
(1d4+1+(8d10x2*))x11
(2.5+1+(8*5.5*2)) * 11 = 1006.5

Action surge for an 8th level magic missile, spending the other 8 Harvest's Scythe dice:
(1d4+1+8d10)x10
(2.5+1+(8*5.5)) * 10 = 475

1006.5+475 = 1481.5 average damage, no attack or save needed.

Not sure what's up with the result of the other one.
>>
>>50967577
Mearls doesn't understand the rules.
>>
>>50967577
>>50967564
>>50967528
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/08/04/magic-missiles-strike-simultaneously/

and another one to clarify that Magic Missile is intend to be one damage roll.
>>
>>50967568
I see that somebody kept it alive in the middle there - on life support! It's healthy now again, happy new year.
>>50967577
>>50967600
Ah, I can see why this is the case then (picking targets beforehand, not multiplying on-roll damage), but I don't see any downside to rolling all the damage on separate dice if everyone does it
(more average damage. Unless you want the spell to be swingy, I guess)
>>
>>50967655
It's not about rolling dices anon. It's about making a message to Crawford stupid ruling.

That's why we comes up with ridiculous build like Nuclear Druid and Sharpshooter+GWM improvised longbow.
>>
>>50967447
Well that'd be bloody right. To think that they bothered doing the whole "only apply the dragon sorcerer bonus to a single scorching ray", then he comes out with this. I suppose I stand corrected, although in some ways I actually love the idea that this is (technically) legal. Nothing quite like the idea of an anime-esque magic missile blast levelling the countryside.
>>
>Do 4d6 drop lowest
>If you're not happy with your rolls you can instead opt to use Point Buy

This is the objective best way to handle stats for chargen.
>>
File: crazedscientist.jpg (275KB, 750x958px) Image search: [Google]
crazedscientist.jpg
275KB, 750x958px
>>50967714
what
that makes the MINIMUM the point buy stats, so it basically means sometimes some characters just randomly get double 18s or something silly with no downside
the only real even slightly like this is I let players take the Average HP if their roll for hp is below the average
>>
>>50967714
Only in a high power game and experienced DM.

That way will result in PC with above average power curve. So DM has to adjust all the encounter accordingly.
>>
>>50967714
Why roll if you're able to pick decent stats anyway? Waste of time unless you get 18s and then you are too powerful.

Better is to use point buy, but everyone rolls how many points they get - 20+2d6 is a balanced roll
>>
>>50967714
>Stop having fun wrong and do it my way

It's a cool idea and stops one person getting shafted next to the guy with 3 18s, but please stop using the word objectively for your opinion. I happen to like 3d6 down the line in anything that isn't DnD because it lets you create interesting characters that aren't self-inserts, projections or your favoured archetypal character.
>>
>>50967755
My self-insert character is a moon druid.
What now?
>>
>>50967792
Uhhh... Pick giant spider and bear forms, I guess?
>>
>>50967792
Idk man, go turn into a bear or something? My point is in a lot of RPGs like traveller it's cool to end up with a character you never would've played otherwise that has depth because you looked at their quirks and fleshed them out. It only doesn't work in DnD because it's a pretty mechanically rigid game that shits on you if your caster doesn't have X dexterity and constitution or if you thought your fighter having charisma would provide any benefit whatsoever.
>>
>>50967829
But anon, D&D is the World's Greatest Roleplaying Game(tm)! How could you play anything else?

This is part of what I liked about old D&D, everyone was shit, pretty much, so any good stat was something to build a character around
>>
Speaking of druids, nobody ever talks about a druid turning into a swarm of centipedes and infesting a woman's vagina.
Druids are seriously under-utilized I feel. More to druids then just >onion druid
There are some serious questions and exploits to be had, imo
>>
>>50967914
druids cant turn into swarms.
>>
>>50967923
Can a party of druids turn into a swarm? Or a league of evil druids?
I'd rule so, but at that point, you're better off forming a swarm of bears.
>>
>>50967923
imo, turning into a single centipede makes for a better vagina fit
Perfect for stealth missions when the rogue needs backup. Really any orifice will do after all.
>>
>>50967914
Go back to /pfg/
>>
>>50968016
You sound a little vaginally irritated.
You should get that checked.
Could be centipedes.
>>
>>50968016
Speaking of Pathfinder, anyone have any ideas on how to transfer the summoner class to 5e?http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner

It needs a lot of trimming (monster doesn't need feats, skills, etc), but I think a class built around summoning could work okay with a limited spell list, sorcerer casting, low HD, no armour, etc. Vulnerable summoner with shield, mage armour, and a protective monster would be fun.
>>
>>50964922
Listen Battlemaster is the Warlord only made for 5e. The idea behind classes is to make them cover as wide range of character concepts as they can with Battlemaster being the best example of it
Warlord cant work without bringing 4e action economy and healing rules.
If you are still are not conviced and want to do it anyway just made up new manuevers for the battle master.
>>
>>50951878
OK /5eg/, I'm about to get back into D&D and have never played 5th. Currently tossing up between a Half Orc Fighter who uses spears and javelins with a shield ala hoplites and wants to find glory in battle, or a (maybe) Human Warlock who'll go Fiend and Blade Pact and wants to use the demon given powers to enact as much good as possible before succumbing to evil.

I know how to build fighters. I'm a bit lost on Warlock spells. Help would be awesome!
>>
>>50968212
Maybe find a homebrew in dungeon master guild?

The psionic handbook and metacreativity discipline could work too.

If you want to homebrew it, do remember that 5e take action economy seriously, that is why the original Beastmaster kinda suck.
>>
>>50967401
Quick check did you take eldrich blast along side mockery? You get invocation that lets you add charisma mod to damage so no bard is not better at casting it. Really get it because thats your only reliable source of damage.
>>
>tripfaggot asking 3.5 specific questions in a 5e thread
Jesus fucking cancer Christ.
>>
>>50968305
If you want to get cute with the blade warlock idea go mountain dwarf to pick up medium armour prof and then go big strength, otherwise you're pretty much stuck with a one-handed dex weapon and no shield. Honestly though if you can pull that off you get a lot more utility out of certain spells such as armour of agathys, and burning hands while still maintaining most of your little bonuses. Use your invocations for the extra attack and later for the extra damage, maybe even pick up agonizing blast to be good at melee and ranged attacks. Best cast scenario a bladelock will just feel like a paladin but with better spellcasting.
>>
>>50968417
This shit is what you get with a fucking furry OP image.
>>
>>50968486
One dip in fighter as other race could work too. Heavy armor, better starting hp, any weapon, con saving throw.
>>
My DM said we're about halfway through the campaign now. He thinks we'll finish somewhere in March. One the one hand I'm glad he won't let it drag on until it slowly peters out but on the other hand I really like the world and the people in my party
>>
>>50968578
Volunteer to DM the next campaign. Then slowly convince your current DM to start another campaign after your.
>>
>>50968557
You're always proficient in your pact weapon, but yeah 1 fighter is the other option. If you don't mind the loss of spell progression, a fighting style and second wind on top of those goodies can be worth.
>>
>>50967592
While we're on the topic, does anyone have that sonic speed tabaxi/barbarian thing?
>>
what class should i choose for a pacifist that has no combat experience?
>>
With the criminal background, do you get to and from messages from one contacrlt or multiple?
>>
>>50968827
Well if by "pacifist with no combat experience" you mean a coward, a rogue, warlock, bard or wizard would all fit fairly well. If you're looking more for your purposeful altruistic ones look toward a tranquility monk or, if UA's disgust you, a life cleric (possibly with the optional unarmoured defense in the DM's guide if you really want to sell the concept). A paladin could arguably work, but they don't usually get far without smiting something or other.

Or just go for a really innocent barbarian that accidentally hugs just a little bit too hard.
>>
>>50968827
If you're going to be scared, run away, puke, fear the dark, routinely have a mental breakdown, or be inactive during combat, then this isn't the game for you.
>>
>>50968848
One contact. But he knew lots of people. just like your Fixer, chummer
>>
>fighters, barbarians, rogues, rangers, and monks get one additional extra attack at lvl 1
Does this fix caster supremacy?
>>
File: gob.png (2MB, 870x914px) Image search: [Google]
gob.png
2MB, 870x914px
>>50968827
Cleric

To be more specific, this Cleric.
>>
>>50968891
Thanks, brah.
>>
How well would it go for in combat hazards/traps to be hinted at on the mat instead of a perception check or something? Fighting on a series of wooden platforms/bridges, some of the boards have been essentially taken out of the bridges, snapped in half, stuck the top together like a hinge and balanced the two halfs upside down where the board was, so when you step on the crack where its been snapped the board gives way, and the now upturned nails stab into your leg.

I've drawn these slightly differently onthe map I have for this fight, (you can see the crack and theres extra nails on the ends) but should I give them a premptive perception roll or get them to ask me for one if they notice they are different?
>>
>>50968864
>>50968882
i want to be a professor that helps his teammates by solving puzzles, locking doors, making the terrain difficult for the enemies, and distracting enemies

a wizard sounds pretty nice
>>
>>50969095
Check out the 8 INT wizard for spells that don't have a roll
>>
Would a magic item which gives someone their turn immediately if their health goes below a certain threshold be OP?
>>
>>50969101
>Professor
>8 INT
I mean you can just search out the spells that don't have rolls anyways.
>>
Tell me what you really think, this was the progression of my thinking.

>character is a Fighter-Archer, first and foremost
>character is a Purple Dragon Knight (from the SCAG) because it and Cormyr have some cool themes
>considering Champion but decide to trade power for design
>character is not tall or strong but is dexterous
>8 STR, 15 DEX, 14 CON, 12 INT, 12 WIS, 16 CHA at level 1 (have since taken +1 DEX Resilient)
>read that Cormyr is 85% Humans, 10% Half-Elves, 4% Elves, 1% Other
>torn between straight Human or Half-Elf/Elf
>character is leaning to Half-Elf as more of a ranger captain than an actual knight
>also taking into consideration the +2 Charisma being useful for my character's concept
>going over Half-Elf variants in the SCAG
>Wood Elf is the only thing in consideration because it's the only nearby source of elvish blood
>but Drow Magic
>but how could it possibly happen
>>
File: dark elves being fed porrdige.jpg (89KB, 350x204px) Image search: [Google]
dark elves being fed porrdige.jpg
89KB, 350x204px
>>50969169
Okay, here's my justification for this shit.
>father is a fairly corrupt noble
>has a dungeon, has some drow prisoners
>there must be some really hot drow slut among them
>we Kuroinu Kedakaki Seijo Wa Hakudaku Ni Somaru now
>character is a dungeon rape bastard child
>baby is not killed because it's still the father's blood
>raised by the family but is considered an embarrassment
>bullied as a kid and gossip abounds
>forbidden to inherit a true title of power but able to serve in the military
>is smaller and weaker than most he knows but is gifted at archery and language
>path to knighthood, etc.
>spurned by some in his family and is self-conscious about his blood
>applies heavy make-up to his face to look white (Chondathan human)
>is likely a child molester just kidding
>wears clothing to cover the rest of his skin
>doesn't take steps to hide violet eyes or white hair but grows hair long enough to cover ears
>tries and succeeds at upholding chivalric values and being a confident commander
>however, must constantly suppress his inner CRAAAAAWLING and ends up just inside LN territory
>has some latent magical ability (Drow Magic) but doesn't pursue increasing it

Here's the last bit about my development and leveling.
>plan on taking 2 levels in Warlock to gain Hex, Darkness, Devil's Sight, and Beguiling Influence
>will miss out on the
>have already gotten lucky enough to pick up a Ring of Mind Shielding to stop others from seeing his inner demons
>got lucky again and found the Book of Moonsea Cults I'm pretty sure an entirely aesthetic item -- from a season 1 module
>now ready to justify those two levels in Warlock

I've tried to consciously avoid making an edgy shit character and tried to balance my desire for powergaming and role playing. How did I do?
>>
>>50969187
>rape in the backstory
It's edgy, Jim
>>
>>50969205
I could change it to "father and prisoner fall in love" but what are the chances some drow bitch is going to be fond of some guy whose soldiers captured her?
>>
>>50953431
>psi frenzy
it's time
>>
>>50953685
Better question: what are you fighting that makes three attacks and decides to keep wailing on someone after the first hit drops them to the ground? Why not go after literally anything else on the battlefield?
>>
>>50955931
The thing broken about crag cats is Spell Turning. Without that they're just another cat. It doesn't matter what size or HP you give to this thing as long as it's still reflecting magic back at enemies.
>>
>>50969187
Actually I meant Hex and either Comprehend Languages or Expeditious Retreat. Darkness is already had through Drow Magic.
>>
>>50969241
I'm guessing someone rolled three dice and then didn't think about narrative sense going forward.
>>
>>50969151
Bump
>>
>>50969151
>>50969489
An extra turn entirely, or just move their turn up the initiative order?
>>
>>50969151

like, a legendary action?
>>
Had a D&D session for 2017 yet, /5eg/?
>>
Is there any way I can play a druid but trade the wild shape for something else?
>>
File: Behemoth2.jpg (206KB, 794x612px) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth2.jpg
206KB, 794x612px
>>50967714
For my purposes, I've come to love the 30 point buy for character Stats.
Just slightly more heroic, without really upsetting game balance at all.

I haven't had players roll for stats since 2nd E, and even back then it ignited too much drama and bitching and bargaining.
>>
>>50969595
Play a nature cleric?
>>
>>50969595
Yes, play a cleric with a Nature Domain.
>>
>>50969635
That doesn't let me get harvest scythe tho.
>>
>>50969151
>would a magic item be OP

Seriously what the fuck is with these sorts of questions

The question you should be asking is 'is it gamebreaking', not is it overpowered. All magic items are overpowered because they're all usually just upgrades rather than sidegrades. But magic items are rewards, so.

Also, the item would be fine if it was:
>Once a long rest, as a reaction to damage that would reduce you to 0 HP, you may immediately take an entire turn, earlier than you would have otherwise. At the end of the turn, you take the damage. It is possible to potentially reduce the damage and not fall to 0 through gaining a resistance you previously did not have or heal yourself on your turn, but you cannot prevent the damage by removing the source.
>Your next turn after using this ability is forfeited - it does not happen.
This is not awfully powerful, but potentially fun enough.

If necessary you can buff it with things such as 'you don't forfeit your next turn', 'you don't have to drop to 0 HP to use it', 'it doesn't even use a reaction', 'you can use it more than once a long rest', etc.
>>
>>50969643
wut?
>>
>>50969643
Ah. Well, there's nothing, rules as written. You might be able to get your DM to give you a fighting style or something if you ask nicely.
>>
>>50969241
Anything intelligent if you have a known healer of any kind. Also, various undead, unintelligent plants/automatons, people with a reason, money/vengeance, black dragons, cowardly kobolds avoiding the buff barbarian, beholders, demons, any evil thing that isn't feeling particularly threatened.
>>
File: 1471073621261.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1471073621261.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>>50969643
>That doesn't allow me to get an ability that's so broken you can literally one shot Tiamat with it
Eh.
>>
so the BBEG of my current campaign is an ancient elven sorcerer who wants to use time magic to, essentially, turn back time a few millenia to undo the cataclysm that destroyed his civilization

I want to make him a time-themed spellcaster (either sorcerer or wizard) but the only spells I can think of that would fit the theme are Haste, Slow and Time Stop which are nice but kinda lacking. Time Stop especially seems really underpowered since I can't even hurt anyone during it. Ideally I would like something to simulate the BBEG actually turning back time

any ideas?
>>
>>50969682
Is this some homebrew shit or UA?
>>
File: 1234400737022.jpg (4KB, 238x195px) Image search: [Google]
1234400737022.jpg
4KB, 238x195px
Got any creative ways or methods to make map traveling more engrossing? My tables likes a hex crawl but I feel like I'm not doing much on my end where I just tell them to roll d20s for random encounters, tell them if nothing or something happens, remind them that they have to camp cause it's night time where the random encounters are more frequent and dangerous and then let them hex crawl again.

It works, I suppose, my players aren't complaining but I feel like I wanna do something more. Like make survival and having to go out and hunt mean something. So far, it feels rather shallow in how I adjudicate things.

Any ideas?
>>
>>50969692
You want to make Nox, in short.

Super-Original.
>>
>>50969703
Find more interesting players who don't want to sit for hours playing hex crawls with random encounters?
>>
>>50969698
Harvest Scythe is an insanely broken UA ability, though it's mostly because UA isn't balanced with multiclass or magic item fuckery in mind.
>>
>>50969704

I honestly don't know who/what you're talking about and I very much doubt any of my players do either. I'm not going for originality, just something better than 'an ancient evil awakens'.
>>
>>50969724
is it 20th level? Because the guy who is asking will never see 20th level in his lifetime.
So I don't understand the problem.

He'll play a couple levels of R20 or sit in at a table for 3-5 sessions before the DM figures out he's an uninteresting mechanics obsessed toolbag.
>>
>>50969703
Make the world more dynamic. There might be enemy forces roaming, or approximate locations of a roaming load of goblins they want to avoid camping near.

Make time matter. They might only have so and so long to find a previously undiscovered location before something bad happens to it.

Encourage some more descriptive attempts at skill challenges. Instead of 'roll perception to see if there are any traps in this area' you could have them pass through an area where you describe some very suspicious things that if they don't investigate will turn out to be traps. Though, if you do this, you should probably have a very short description for every single hex. A normal hex might be 'There's patchy grass and a few oddly out of place dead trees and a hill. Nothing stands out, however'. whereas a dangerous one might be 'The ground around here looks rather disturbed and a little muddy. However, you think you see what might be a dark, dull red flower patch ahead and the trees stand proud.'
Of course, that red is actually blood.
>>
>>50969499
Moves them up the order
>>
>>50969745
Ah IC it's just some shittily thought out 2nd level ability.
>>
>>50969745
You can do it from level 3 onwards. It just gets exponentially more and more broken.

Of course you can't one shot tiamat at level 3 with it.

>>50969762
Yeah. It's mostly fine if you don't abuse it, I think. Your DM probably wouldn't allow the bullshit.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
>>50969759
>oddly out of place
>nothing stands out, however
>>
>>50969775
Should have been worded 'nothing else stands out, however'.

It's possible there could have been a reason the trees were dead, but you'd have to be careful not to lead the players on a really boring journey to discover 'why some random trees are dead'. Unless you can improvise well and make it conveniently interesting.
>>
>>50969762
>>50969768

I'm reading it right now and I don't see how insanely broken it can be, am I missing something

it's an extra 10d10 of necrotic damage once a day at lv20? it's very good but how can it one shot Tiamat?
>>
Is a druid in wildshape undistinguishable from a beast? Even when using spells?
>>
>>50969847
You "magically assume" the shape, so I'd say Detect Magic would reveal an aura of transmutation magic.
>>
>>50969810
Magic missile goes from 1d4+1 (Avg 3.5) to 1d4+1+10d10 (Avg 58.5)
>>
If I attack with green flame blade, can I still make an attack with my off hand weapon as a bonus action?
>>
>>50969898
I know you might be hoping it would work because it makes sense and just want to make sure there isn't some weird rule, but you can probably answer this yourself when you understand that 5e's terminology isn't too difficult.

> When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you're holding in one hand

So, did you take the attack action?
No, no you didn't.
>>
>>50969927
>No, no you didn't.
I'd have thought I did tho.

Aww well.
>>
>>50969949
You've cast a cantrip.

To understand it right, you should read what the attack action is.
It's making weapon attacks, and there are a lot of things that modify your attack action such as 'extra attack'.
A monster's multiattack is odd because it is seperate to the attack action - It is an action that makes a specific assortment of attacks.
>>
>>50969879
So? One Missile is super powered? The only advantage is no roll to hit
>>
>>50969970
Magic missile attacks with several missiles.

Those missiles do the rolled damage.
>>
>>50969984
Generally, if a spell receives a damage bonus, that bonus only applies to one magic missile.
>>
>>50969969
>You've cast a cantrip.
Yes but I thought that specific cantrip also counted as an attack.

Anyway I admitted I was wrong.
>>
>>50969996
If you boost a spell such as a fireball, the damage will apply to everyone.

Magic missile attacks simultaneously rather than in several hits such as sorching ray. Even Mike Mearls failed to understand it, but essentially you only roll damage for magic missile once.

>>50970008
Well, despite 5e going for simplicity, the terminologies are pretty fucked up with 'weapon attack', 'ranged weapon attack', 'attack'.. All that stuff.

Basically, you make a melee weapon attack as part of an attack action if you were a regular fighter. However, you cast a cantrip here which makes you make a melee weapon attack.
The more you know~
>>
>>50969996
This, it sounds like you are badly misinterpreting the ability and how it would affect the Magic Missile spell. Really badly.
>>
>>50970008
Basically you make a single weapon strike as the Somatic element of the cantrip. If the strike succeeds in hitting, the cantrip takes effect.
>>
I'm trying to rebalance orcs to not be garbage.

+2 Strength, +1 Constitution
-1 Intelligence
Speaks Common and Orc
Intimidation Proficiency
Aggressive
Darkvision 60 feet
Powerful Build
Savage Attacks

I kind of figure that -1 is enough to be a hindrance, but not crippling. Savage Attacks were included because I don't think it's unreasonable that an orc could hit as hard as a half-orc. I didn't include Relentless Endurance for both balance (would make regular orcs too strong) and flavor (being half-human makes you want to stay alive more or something)

In your opinion, did I make the right changes?
>>
>>50970018
The terminology was pretty straight-forward until they started bowing to player pressure and adding Anime Gish cantrips that were simultaneous sword blows.
>>
>>50970053
No one really cares how you "optimize" Orcs for your personal setting.
Do whatever you like.
>>
>>50969996
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/08/04/magic-missiles-strike-simultaneously/

We literally had this argument a little earlier on in the thread. The Devs are nuts.
>>
>>50970073
No, the problem is people trying to rules-lawyer their way into a loophole for "Muh Game Breaking Effect", when most of us are smart enough to grasp the intent.
>>
>>50970072
I'm trying to make it so that playing an Orc isn't complete shit. I apologize for asking for feedback.
>>
>>50970087
>isn't complete shit
Apologize for your juvenile hyperbole, if anything.
>>
>>50970053

I think it's pretty good desu

on the campaign I'm currently running the GM just built them as reflavored half orc barbarians lv1 and it worked pretty well. the boss was a lv3 berserker
>>
File: Alita3.jpg (25KB, 420x612px) Image search: [Google]
Alita3.jpg
25KB, 420x612px
>>50970053
You're turning them into half-ogres, when default orcs aren't meant to be 7' walls of savage muscle.
There are specific sub-breeds of Orcs that fill those roles.
You're just disagreeing with the Devs (and Tolkien) on what Orcs actually are, and have created your own OC race to "improve them".
>>
>>50969847
Since you can absorb the things you're carrying into your body I'd say it's quite fucking magical. A Detect Magic spell >>50969869 should definitely be able to pick up an ongoing magical effect.

Did you mean anything else by this?
>>
>>50970156
The only thing changed from default Orcs is that I gave them Savage Attacks, and I made their intelligence only -1 instead of -2. I dare to say that I'm not making them "7' walls of savage muscle."
>>
>>50970086
> most of us are smart enough to grasp the intent

When Crawford explicitly state that Empower Evocation affect all missiles? Sound like you just can't accept reality.
>>
>>50970223

Crawford has also said that when you roll damage for magic missile, you roll 1d4+1 and apply it to all the missiles, not 1d4+1 for each missile. So yes, it affects all the missiles in that the missiles are a single thing, not multiple things. You empower the spell once, not once for each missile.
>>
>>50951897
Just because someone decides to play a tabaxi does not automatically make them a furry. I have a friend who is playing D&D for the first time and told me they wanted to play a cute race. I listed off some races that could fit that description and they liked the tabaxi for it. My friend also recently getting a kitten probably was an influencing factor as well.
>>
So what's the verdict on the the Inquisitive Rogue? Good? Bad? Seems good but maybe a little lacking in comparison to, say, the Swashbuckler Rogue.
>>
>>50970283
By that logic, you roll 1d4 and deal that much damage for each magic missile, with a +1 to one of the magic missiles.

>>50970311
I think it's better done by simply roleplaying an inquisitive rogue of a different archetype.
Rather than making lots of rolls, why not get really into it and start describing how you're searching the room? Knocking on the walls to see if any seem hollow?
>>
Does anyone have a link to the /tg/ mega trove? Not the specifically D&D one we use here, just the one with fucktons of systems in pdf format?
>>
>>50970389

By what logic? You roll 1d4+1 once and then apply it to as many missiles as you make, as explained by the level of the spell. Casting a spell is not two-weapon fighting. To quote:

>Sound like you just can't accept reality.
>>
Does D&D have rules for mounted combat? Are they good?
>>
>>50970389
>By that logic, you roll 1d4 and deal that much damage for each magic missile, with a +1 to one of the magic missiles.
Nice strawman, the spell explicitly states that the damage is 1d4+1, it does not say to multipy or apply additional modifiers to each missile.

Its the same 'logic' that made people tard out and insist range of self equals target of self.
>>
>>50970283
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/01/26/bonus-spell-damage/

LITERALLY IN THE SAME THREAD.
>>
>>50970554
Not really much different from regular combat. You just use your mount's movement speed and the gain an extra action that can only be used to disengage or dash.
>>
>>50970554
Yes. However, it's very simplistic and some fucktards have taken it to mean 'a gnome can mount a human'.

Overall, nothing special because anybody can do it.

>>50970600
Well, range of self is targeting self unless there is an area of effect which allows them to then not include themself even though they're in the area of effect.

The way magic missile works is just counterintuitive, but it does make sense by the rules, as it follows the same formula as fireball does, except it affects the same target multiple times potentially.

>>50970548
Yes, and if you have something that increases the damage, it increases the 1d4+1. So, with empowered evocation, it becomes 1d4+6. How doesn't that make sense?
>>
>>50970612

1d4+1 is not bonus damage, it is simply the spell's damage. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but that's the way it is.

>>50970636

That's incorrect. It becomes [(1d4+1)x(3+spell level)]+Int mod in the case of empowered evocation. Ask Crawford yourself on Twitter if you don't like it, but he'll tell you exactly what I just did.
>>
>>50970612
Cue people claiming they definitely know more about the rules than the game designers.
>>
>>50970652

Spell level - 1
>>
>>50970554
I made a guy's horse invisible the other night. The horse succeeded its stealth check with advantage and he rode into battle floating with his legs spread.
>>
>>50970652
But literally Crawford fucking said it's (1d4+1+intmod)*Number of missiles

I've gotta dash but if you still don't believe it by then I can show you exactly where he said it, though I think it's already been posted in the thread
>>
>>50970652
What? Its pretty clear the guy asks is it +x per bolt even on one target to which Jeremy replies, Yep it is one damage roll. He is saying yes you roll the damage, add any modifiers and then each bolt does that damage you rolled.
>>
Which is better oathbreaker or oath of treachery?
>>
>>50970652
> +x per bolt,even on same target?
> Yep. It's one damage roll, just like fireball, but that roll can damage the same target more than once.
>>
>>50968590
not a bad idea, now you mention it. I'm going to have quite a bit of free time in Spring so I might as well
>>
>>50970636
>Well, range of self is targeting self unless there is an area of effect which allows them to then not include themself even though they're in the area of effect.
Except that isn't the case. Its common to be linked, but nothing intrinsicly causes them to be, but assumptions about non-existant interactions is what led to bardic superhorse.
>>
>>50970554
Yes.
No.
>>
>>50970057
it's still pretty clear, an attack is not the Attack Action. this was clear from day one, since you could make an attack with a reaction (opportunity, battlemaster, etc) and it NEVER counted as the Attack Action, you didn't get multiple attacks, you didnt get off-hand, etc. The added cantrips don't change that.
>>
>>50970310
your friend is going to fuck their cat.
>>
>>50970530
Guys pls
>>
>>50970876
just look for the pdf thead in the catalog
>>
>>50970008
"Attack action" is a specific type of action.

Casting cantrip is an attack but not "attack action"
>>
File: 1454512466408.jpg (116KB, 985x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454512466408.jpg
116KB, 985x720px
N E W T H R E A D
>>50971030

>>50971030

>>50971030

>>50971030

EVERYONE, GET IN HERE
>>
Is the players handbook ever updated to include things like the revised ranger?
>>
>>50971118
Nope. UA are playtest material. Nothing in there is final. Maybe in the future.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.