[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Latest News Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/ar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 39

File: Mind_flayer_-_5E.jpg (359KB, 1000x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Mind_flayer_-_5E.jpg
359KB, 1000x1375px
>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on Monks
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>5emegaanon's super useful tools, check 'em out if you haven't yet.
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

What's your favorite extra planar race/creature?
>>
File: pfg discovers 5e.png (229KB, 525x248px) Image search: [Google]
pfg discovers 5e.png
229KB, 525x248px
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Warlock,2

Added Modern Magic UA, going to go through all the UAs chronologically adding the shit from them. Next project will be Gothic Heroes subclasses (Monster Hunter and Inquisitive), then The Faithful, then the fun of adding in all the recent UA stuff.
>>
File: IMG_4365.png (5MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4365.png
5MB, 1242x2208px
>>50905034
You forgot the /5eg/ title.

Probably demons, call me boring.

Question: im a 3rd College of Swords Bard. How good is it to dip into 3 levels of Rogue for Swashbuckler?
>>
Dominance roll should neither delet
>>
>>50905101
>tfw make new thread first
>tfw it's not an abortion, have title and link to previous one
>tfw people choose this one
life is suffering
>>50905025 is the true one
>>
>>50905142
>thread wars
Kill yourself, seriously.
>>
File: rangerart.jpg (280KB, 1920x1093px) Image search: [Google]
rangerart.jpg
280KB, 1920x1093px
Best uncommon magic item for a Ranger starting at level 5?
>>
I really enjoyed the in depth descriptions for the monsters in Volo's Guide. Are there any more books with this kind of stuff from previous editions?
>>
One of my players has the backstory of being a young military officer who led his platoon to death by commanding them to help fight off an orc raid before their training was done. He left the military to redeem himself as a leader. Would it be wrong of me for him to find the Half-Orc son of one of his female soldiers? The Half-Orc rape baby thing always seems touchy. The son would want to avenge his mother too, so if that makes anything better as a backstory related plot hook maybe.
>>
>>50905152
I just might
>>
>>50905152
>thread wars

Naw, he's get legit claim. Plus this OP is garbage

>>50905025
>>50905025
>>50905025
>>50905025
>>
>>50905231
Too bad he ripped it then
>>
>>50905156
Trousers of Defenestration.
>>
>>50905231
Just deleted it. Fuck this shit
>>
>>50905231
lmao, rekt.

>>50905243
good man. have a (you)
>>
>>50905189
As long as you don't spend too long on the specifics (i.e. describing the exact circumstances of conception in graphic detail), I think it'll be fine.
>>
>>50905189
This is a thing to ask the player about. If they are OK with it, go for it. If not, then there you are.
>>
>>50905156
Nobody should have any because fuck that shit.

Otherwise, might depend a lot on your aims. As a ranger, your main role is just to sit back and fire arrows if you're not a beastmaster, so simply a +1 weapon or such might work best.
>>
eighteenth for KOBOLD DRAGON-HUNTING PARTY
and non-shit threads
>>
File: noble dao.jpg (13KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
noble dao.jpg
13KB, 205x246px
>>50905034
>What's your favorite extra planar race/creature?

I like the genies, in particular, the Dao. I Wish more lore was written about all the genies in general but the Dao have so little of the four genie races.
>>
>>50905101
What are you trying to do?

You're weakening yourself by delaying your spell progression, but maybe you don't care about that.
>>
>>50905295
yeah, thats kinda what i was wondering. I should just stick with pure bard to not degenerate my spellcasting progression then?
>>
File: Bariaur_(BoED).jpg (101KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
Bariaur_(BoED).jpg
101KB, 400x536px
Bariaurs were here; other planar races suck
>>
>>50905255
>>50905254

I honestly wasn't going to go into detail but how else would half orc son be made?

Would a male soldier captured as a slave for hard labor that fell in love with a female orc that bought him be better? Dad killed by the Orc Chieftain because he got cucked by a human?
>>
>>50905315
There's no good reason to multiclass bard before level 17 unless you have a very specific goal in mind. If you're just checking to see what works best, stay bard.
>>
>>50905342
for purely martial classes, is it better to dip into other classes at earlier levels?
>>
>>50905034
A reminder autistic morons have given the ok to ruin any chance of the mystic being good and not just another caster.

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/809153048182280192
>>
>>50905356
Every martial class with Extra Attack is worth staying in until at least level 5. Delaying Extra Attack is bad. After level 5, it's fair game depending on what your first class gets. Try not to multiclass in such a way that you're getting Extra Attack from multiple sources, because it doesn't stack with itself.

Fighter is worth going to 11, and it's worth going to 20 if you know for certain the game will go that long. It has a bit of drought between 12 and 17.

Barbarian's cut off points are 5, 7, or 8. If you stay in Barbarian longer than that, you may as well stay Barbarian for the life of the character.

Monk generally wants more Monk levels. Shadow Monk has good synergy with Rogue and a 2 level dip into Warlock. It's hard to take advantage of Monk features in a multiclass because of ki limitations.

Rogue usually wants more Rogue levels because of Sneak Attack and it has pretty good features up to level 15 or 17 depending on the archetype.
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.png (81KB, 204x200px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.png
81KB, 204x200px
>>50905260
>>50905156
What about Bracers of Archery? just a straight up +2 damage
>>
>>50905394
Fuck the mystic.
>>
>>50905394
I don't know, that sounds like a good idea.

We only have one true d6 class and I think it could mesh well to get an eldritch knight that actually feels like a magical (except psionic) knight.

As long as they don't fuck up like with the sorcerer. I don't think the 'This one's a gish, this one's a pure caster' combination worked for psionic archetypes.
>>
>>50905394
>https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/809153048182280192

You knew it was going to go that way regardless of what people said because Mearls is a lazy faggot. Jeremy Crawford is the only reason 5e actually works.
>>
>>50905425
Depends.

If the ranger plans to have high value attacks (sharpshooter or heavy crossbow with hunter's mark on top of, say, revised ranger's +2 or +4 damage against certain targets) then +1 to hit is pretty important.

Otherwise, +2 damage could work, especially on a crossbow master using hand crossbows.

Also, the DM sounds like the sort of pussy who'll dish out +1 weapons like unemployment benefits to half-orcs.
>>
>>50905455
>You knew it was going to go that way regardless of what people said because Mearls is a lazy faggot. Jeremy Crawford is the only reason 5e actually works.
Mearls is in favour of fun Crawford isn't.
>>
>>50905486
>Mearls is in favour of fun
Crawford is too if you read beyond his rulings.

Doesn't change the fact that Mearls is a lazy virtue-signaling faggot who writes things that directly contradict what the book with his name on it says. Read the abortion that is the Kensei.
>>
>>50905478
>Also, the DM sounds like the sort of pussy who'll dish out +1 weapons like unemployment benefits to half-orcs.
FUCKING

SAVAGE
>>
>>50905455
>>50905486
Fuck your fun, Crawford at least understands the rules unlike Mearls because he fucking made them and rules are important for having fun without going overboard on the rules
>>
>>50905446
You fool, the Immortal path is supposed to be the "eldritch knight" gish. They're stripping that out and making that part another Fighter archetype, which means it will be just as bad as EK currently is.

PWs were Med BAB, half progression casters with half Fighter feat progression. That is a gishy-ass gish.
Somehow they took EK, a 9/10 caster with High BAB and turned it into a 1/6th caster Fighter archetype.
You think Immortal/PW is going to get better treatment here? Fuck no, and fuck splitting the class.

Thankfully most of the twitter responses are "don't be stupid", but we know those are going to get drowned out by actual e-mails to the developers from people who don't even want to play Mystic. They just don't want OTHER people to have fun.
>>
>>50905506
>https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/809153048182280192
>Implying mystic v2 wasn't fun and balanced
Maybe it needed some more tight wording in some abilities (that command like discipline that can kill stuff with the right words) but the rest was fine and balanced. Immortal was a fun gish, yeah it had 1 strong attack, but still one attack only, now they're going to turn it into a worse version of EK that is basically a Fighter with two once per day meh powers and that's it.

Fuck wotc I wanted my low health 1 attack only combo happy psychic gish.
>>
>>50905455
>he thinks this is Mearls' doing
Crawford makes him post this stuff so that he takes all the flak instead.
>>
>>50905548
>Somehow they took EK, a 9/10 caster with High BAB and turned it into a 1/6th caster Fighter archetype.

But anon, the 3.5 EK sucks dick. The 5e Eldritch Knight is actually useful.
>>
>>50905327
Again, ask the fucking player. If you are going to be fucking with someone's backstory, you could at least have the decency to tell them about it.
>>
>>50905562
Mearls is the idea guy though. Crawford is the one making stuff coherent. 5e is Mearls' vision filtered through Crawford's attention to detail and consistency. There would be a lot more 4e in 5e if Crawford was the ideas guy.
>>
>>50905566
Nah mayne, I gotta ask you guys first then bring him whichever backstory fuckery you all approve.
>>
>>50905564
To be honest Abjurant Champion was the real good Fighter/Wizard PrC (being Duskblade the Fighter/Wizard class), EK feels like a retard Abjurant Champion, you're basically going to pick Shield, Protect Elements and Blade Warding and probably nothing more (or if you play high as fuck levels also Haste and Flight). Well, also, thanks to SCAG, BB and GFB for levels before 11th
>>
>>50905602
Just have him run into an orc chieftain with trophy skulls and trinkets that he remembers all too well or some shit like that.
>>
>>50905564
You took EK as a regular Fighter and then spammed persistent spells to buff your AB and health up way above what they would be if you hadn't just dropped five levels into a caster or teleport around.

EK doesn't do a goddamn fucking thing except dodge X attacks per long rest.
>>
File: fuck plastic furniture.webm (742KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck plastic furniture.webm
742KB, 854x480px
Reminder that Paladins are allowed to be a separate class instead of shoehorned in as a more-fighty-Cleric or casty-Fighter archetype, but Mystic needs to be broken up.
>>
>>50905691
Mystics are a totally unnecessary class given the arcane domains.
No one needs the two largest spell lists.
>>
>>50905548
All the gishes they've ever made have honestly been failures, really.

EK is just 'spam shield'
Valor bard is actually probably the only good one, though it somewhat forsake's Bard's role and I'd still say lore is better. It's still good.
Bladesinger is 'hey, have some AC'. Are you a gish now?'
Bladelock is 'Have a martial weapon proficiency. Are you a gish now?'
War cleric is a bit of a fuck up at later levels, and especially the bonus actions clash with plenty of other things, but eh. It's not a massive failure.
Four elements monk is hilarious.
Original ranger? Also pretty funny, but the problem here isn't anything about its gishness.

Meanwhile, revised ranger and paladin are laughing their asses off at all the poor gish attempts. They, on the other hand, work.

So, yes, while it would be better on its own class, it was screwed either way if it was left to an archetype choice.

>>50905552
It was vaguely on the right lines I suppose, but yet it also seemed pretty monotonous to me since it seemed too much supportive of sticking to two or three traditions and spamming their abilities. Kind of like a less versatile caster with stronger spells. Kind of like what sorcerer was meant to be.
Yeah, why don't we just turn sorcerer into the mystic?
>>
>>50905738
War Cleric is a fuck up because Wis-per-rest bonus action attacks is shit when you consider you may as well just have Spiritual Weapon out 24/7 and bonus attack with that.
>>
>>50905738
Are they not optimized enough for your theorycraft?
>All of them are honestly failures
>lists ones that are not failures
>>
>>50905763
The idea is that the only gishes that are good gishes are the ones that aren't bound to an archetype.
>>
>>50905763
They're all very minor tweaks to a basic class, not a gish. Yet they would deny Immortals, itself a minor tweak to a full class, to stay within its class and instead condemn it to an archetype that satisfies no one but the faggots who don't want to play either a Mystic OR a Fighter.
>>
Are attack rolls the only roll where you can't just automatically take the expected value?
>>
>>50905761
It's not exactly the worst multiclass for a single level.
>>
>>50905791
There is nothing you can do that on, not even health rolls as taking the 'average' health is actually above average.

There is absolutely no 'take 10' style rule. If you have to take 10, you shouldn't have to roll in the first place.

The nearest thing is 'passive skills' which are pretty much taking 10 but are only used for certain things or if the DM decides to and rogue/barbarian's abilities to take a certain value if they roll below it.
>>
>>50905805
Thunder gives the same proficiencies, spells you don't already know, and a feature that's always useful (because, as a multiclasser, you may have other things to spend your bonus action on than another attack 1-2 times per day, like dual-wielding, PAM, shield bashing, whatever a [thief] rogue wants to do).

It's honestly a little silly that they went out of their way to stop one level dips in Fighter and Paladin from giving characters heavy armor, but here you are with multiple Cleric domains that do just that.
>>
>>50905034
The Githyanki have always caught my fancy, I like their sort of Space-Pirate-in-Fantasy shtick, plus Vlaakith is a boss.
My true favourites are Cambions and other partial-fiends, however, largely because they have both mortal an immortal heritage that can make for some fun times.
>>
>>50905853
>Space-Pirate-in-Fantasy shtick
If your fantasy doesn't have space pirates it's pretty obviously not fantasy. Middle Earth-styled settings were the outlier, not the norm, but you'd think otherwise the way people build shit now. It's sad.
>>
War Cleric 1/Moon Druid X

Would grant bonus action attacks while wild shaped, right?
>>
>>50905837
For a fighter, that bonus action you can use whenever GWM doesn't activate and then you can apply GWM to it.

For, say, a wizard wanting heavy armour, they can use it as a back-up for when they'd normally use cantrips instead.

That said, yes, storm is pretty good for that too.

What's especially silly about heavy armour is you might as well just start one level in those classes anyway, given they have 1d10 health values.
Barbarian, the only thing with more health, can't use heavy armour with its main feature.
I guess if you start rogue however you get an extra skill proficiency.
>>
>>50906009
Yes, but why would you? You're delaying form progression.
>>
>>50905761
The War Cleric doesn't have to spend his 2nd level slots on Spiritual Weapon as often, and he can use a stronger weapon than the d8 Spiritual Weapon. Are you using 4th level slots to make Spiritual Weapon better than a two-handed weapon or a longbow?
>>
>>50906040
Well an extra attack is always good, but iirc multiattack doesn't actually count as taking the Attack action, right? Wouldn't trigger the bonus action attack from war cleric, rendering the whole thing moot.
>>
File: excerpts_20100329.jpg (177KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
excerpts_20100329.jpg
177KB, 640x853px
>>50905034
Gith are my favorite, no question. Same reason as the other anon as well; planar swashbuckling fantasy is the most fun you can have playing this game, full stop.
>>
>>50905871
That's the thing though, I don't generally like space pirates in my fantasy. Normal pirates, sure, but flying airships? No thanks.
However, I feel the Githyanki pull it off, by virtue of being extraplanar and dwelling in a plane where gravity is subjective.
>>
>>50906075
Some forms like Dire Wolf would benefit since they do not multiattack and have a good single attack.

But that is a valid point.
>>
Anybody got some Spelljammer or Planescape resources?
>>
>>50905831
What I generally do on take 10 skill checks is have the roll represent how long it takes to do said task. Where a 1 is a full 10 minute wait and a 20 is they do it with extreme uncanny speed.
>>
>>50905721
but that is wrong guess what some people like psionic classes due to the whole over matter internal power thing.
>>
(A) mace or (b) war hammer (if proficient)
(A) light armor or (b) chain mail (if proficient)

So can I get (a) without proficiency?
>>
File: BmapoQ8CcAIwosi.jpg (40KB, 599x708px) Image search: [Google]
BmapoQ8CcAIwosi.jpg
40KB, 599x708px
How would you feel about a skeletal lich BBEG with a large and imposing figure because his clothes fit like he's overweight, but if you were to lift them up, there'd be nothing under them but bones and air like usual? He was a larger gentleman in life, after all. I just don't want it to come across as especially jokey, or detract from the genuine threat he poses. He is a bit of a camp character, but he's a competent and menacing threat underneath his jovial demeanor.
>>
>>50906274
If time is actually a relevant factor. Though if time isn't a relevant factor, they should just be succeeding.
And, for natural 1s:
>roll 1: There was an unforseen problem the character can/can't overcome with their modifier (a very high modifier may mean the character can bypass it with time). The task may take time, though it won't be possible at all if they cannot think of a solution if their modifier wasn't high enough.
>>
File: langrisser ranvelt.jpg (47KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
langrisser ranvelt.jpg
47KB, 444x600px
>>50906337
Is he going to shop at Urushihara's House of Pauldrons?
>>
>>50906332
How are you not proficient in a simple weapon with the cleric starting package?
>>
I feel like bards have the potential to be far more powerful than any other class in this game, but it would really require a DM who was willing to think about the kind of subjective influence a bard could potentially wield.

I'm reminded of this short documentary featuring Alan Moore, where he briefly discusses what the difference between a wizard and a bard is, and he basically talks about how the influence of a wizard is quantifiable in some way because it's objective, like a curse or a plague or something like that, but bards wield a different kind of power which is more abstract and indirectly powerful.

Basically, bards wield the power of memes. They're incredibly powerful if played correctly, because they understand how all of our ideas and emotions, manifested through stories and songs, directly shape reality because they are what motivate us into activity.

Essentially, I think a really good bard would be conspiratorial, using their knowledge of lore as a weapon to weave very intricate lies and stories that warp people's beliefs and understanding of the world. They might act as the muse to powerful beings or party members, being the puppetmaster pulling the heartstings of gods and emperors through the technique of inception. Like the ultimate courtesan. I mean, a really wise and clever bard could work behind the scenes to create whatever world he wanted to live in by manipulating everyone around him through sheer charisma and force of personality.
>>
>>50906347
I don't like crit fails on skills to be honest but that's just me.
>>
File: Ainz_038.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ainz_038.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>50906376
He very well could own a set of ridiculously large pauldrons.
>>
>>50906410
Yeah, I would rather do degrees if 1s/20s were to become more important on skillchecks. It means that the no int barb can do the engineer's job better than him just because of luck. An engineers 7 should be better than a barbarian's 17.

Fuck, why do we not just play Mutants and Masterminds?
>>
File: langrisserpauldrons.png (2MB, 1194x859px) Image search: [Google]
langrisserpauldrons.png
2MB, 1194x859px
>>50906438
Pauldrons make the man.

If you can walk through the average doorway without turning sideways, I don't need you in my party.
>>
>>50906410
The way I suggested it made it so a crit fail isn't just 'You fucked up. Game over, go do something else' but instead 'You can still keep going, but you have to think of a solution to this problem to do so.'

Personally I hate the 'nat 1 does nothing' thing. It's completely against the older style of DnD where combats were dynamic - You don't just walk up and roll to hit and then they roll to hit and it's just hits or missed or possibly crits for extra damage. You fumble and the ming vase in the room gets hit. You crit and the enemy loses their arm.

I agree a bad DM can fuck it up big time if they're not careful about how they do it such as the fighter having four attacks and royally fucking up everything every time they roll a 1, but it's honestly very bland when DMs don't make things interesting. I've seen somebody fire an arrow right through the space of several cowering citizens and roll a nat 1, yet nothing happens. Heck, it doesn't have to be 'you headshot the civilian, they die' but perhaps 'the enemy's armour proves too tough and it deflects it into the civilian's leg behind him. Fortunately it lost some of its velocity.'

But, yeah, if you want to play a 4e style super-structured combat with no DM bullshit, you don't need it.
>>
>>50906490
Those kinds of things are fun in theory but they need a huge list of "don't do this you power-tripping faggot" rules so DMs don't just use it as an excuse to make people miserable for playing martials with lots of attacks.
>>
File: Capture.png (501KB, 709x481px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
501KB, 709x481px
>a modern Hunting Rifle has a shorter effective range than a longbow (By a very wide margin)

???
>>
>>50906539
Aside from the 'crit fail confirmation' roll, another idea is that the fighter must miss ALL their attacks as well as getting a 1.

But, if crit fails just drive everybody to play halfling, you're not doing it right. People don't play wild sorcerer because it's in any way good (though this doesn't help how many wild sorcerers you see) but because it's haphazard and Fun, by the very nature that Dwarf Fortress is Fun.

Losing is fun.

Criticals and critical fails should develop a situation in a 'you hit a barrel full of oil that spills out over the floor' way. It doesn't fuck over the character ('you hit yourself and deal 5 damage, lol'), but it develops the situation to say 'Oh, well, now there's unlit oil in the room pooling up you probably don't want to slip on. What do you want to do now?'
>>
>>50906643
>Losing is fun.
No I voted for winning this year. :^)

You're right on the other points but those things should always be the realm of homebrew because there's too much room for abuse if they're in any way seen as mandatory rules.

Otherwise you have to spend a lot of page space telling trolls what not to do.
>>
>>50906694
There's not really any way to abuse it aside from the ways you can already use to abuse nat 1s - halfling and lucky and all that. Which I guess is the problem. But lucky is honestly a bit cancerous and halfling... Well, halfling could always be 'If you roll 2, reroll and take the higher number

But, yeah. They haven't included any rules beyond 'it auto hits/ auto misses' because honestly those are supposed to be the DMs domain, whether they want to run a hardcore tactical battle where the PCs are superheroic and could never fail from heroism or if the DM wants to run a more haphazard and dynamic but awkwardly subjective fight where sometimes you could blame a character dying on the DM, not the player's decisions.

There's no true way to determine it, anyway. A crit fail should depend on the circumstances, which can vary very greatly.
>>
Probably Xorn. They seemed kinda neat.

What is an appropriate punishment, if any, for a murderboning paladin? Assuming lawful good yadda yadda.
>>
>tfw killed 3 level 1 PCs in 4 hours because my encounters are too difficult
>>
>>50906038
Aren't clerics d8 hit-die?
>>
>>50906867
What exactly has the paladin done?
>>
File: Capture.png (34KB, 53x583px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
34KB, 53x583px
Is WIS or DEX/STR more important for a UA Beast Ranger?

As of now I'm thinking this (after racials). Seem good?
>>
>>50906901
Killed someone who surrendered to the group, even cooperated with them too. Session has ended before much else has happened, but considering where they are I imagine many more moments like that are to come.
>>
>>50906909
You should honestly max out your combat stats as soon as possible, since you're probably not going to be casting that much.

Assuming you're doing 27 point buy with an elf or some shit, you should at least start with a 16 in DEX. Otherwise, max STR if you're gonna be melee. CON and WIS are next in line (CON if you're STR-focused, WIS if you're DEX focused), followed by whichever STR/DEX you didn't pick. INT and CHA are dumpstats.
>>
>>50906933
Alignment is irrelevant in 5e, what Oath is he.
>>
>>50906933
The fact he's a paladin shouldn't matter unless that conflicts with his oath.

That someone should probably have associates who want to avenge his death. Let him see it coming when someone starts investigating the death and putting pieces together.
>>
>>50906950
Yeah I'm thinking melee Ranger since the Wolf seems to work best with that, so STR it is.
>>
>>50906933
If the person who surrendered to the group could be judged as guilty and irredeemable, then no harm no foul. Mercy would have been better had there been a chance, however.

That said, I don't know what possible social ramifications could take place since I don't know what kind of person the victim was. If they were a bandit or other violent criminal who had a lifetime of crime, then I think it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>50906909
>>50906950
Or go all-in with WIS and take magic initiate for shillelagh.
>>
>>50906965
What race did you have in mind? Half-orc STR ranger is kinda fun.
>>
>>50906956
>>50906963
he is doing oath of vengeance. The person he killed was possibly aligned with his nemesis, it was mostly unknown to him at the time. I suppose possibly is good enough though?
>>
>>50906909
Choose your combat style first. STR based with medium armor? DEX based with light armor?

There are many way to play ranger...
>>
>>50906988
o shit nigguh I actually hadn't considered that. Would it even be worth it though, since UA Beast Rangers don't get Extra Attack.

>>50906994
Still undecided, going for more of a rough-and-tumble Ranger than prissy hiding in trees with a bow Ranger, so Half-Orc would fit.
>>
>>50906995
Unless he specifically broke a tenant of the oath, which he didn't from what you've said, it is entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>50905034
Is there a tool or something to make your own monster stat blocks?
>>
>>50907005
Shillelagh with polearm master? I think that will give you 2 hunter's mark proc?
>>
>>50907039
http://www.critterdb.com/#/index
>>
>>50907045
mite b cool, however you're giving up 2 asis to set that up.
>>
>>50906882
Clerics get heavy armour regardless of multiclass order, and often a character such as a wizard will take a level in cleric first which means d8 down to d6 anyway.

>>50906867
If they have not willingly and of their own knowledge broken a tenant of their oath, no penalty, although if they do this repeatedly and show no regret or will to repent then they might deserve something.

So, otherwise, just the usuals. If they kill a human or heck any member of many races they'll meet repercussions from the law/other members of the race/general justice/ whatever.
>>
>>50906909
Dex OR Str (pick one, doing both just makes you weaker) are more important for fighting, since most of your damage is going to come from hitting stuff. Wis is mostly used for skills and spells, which is where most of your utility comes from.

Personally, I'd suggest making sure you can pull your weight in combat first and foremost.
>>
File: 1398534926885.gif (775KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1398534926885.gif
775KB, 500x281px
>>50907052
Thanks anon. I didn't see this in the OP links if it was in there
>>
>>50906988
I think that's unnecessary if you can accomplish something better with less resources wasted.

>>50906995
Yeah, I'd rule it as kosher. If it ever happens again though, clamp down on that shit. Maybe put in some kind of character (possibly a player character?) that can act as a moral compass for the paladin, someone to direct his fury and vengeance.

>>50907005
STR > CON > WIS > DEX > CHA > INT, try either Dueling with sword and board, or TWF and go for them crits. Try to get a DEX mod of at least 2 for effective medium armour.
>>
>>50907053
Or you could be Variant Human.
>>
>>50907068
>STR > CON > WIS > DEX > CHA > INT, try either Dueling with sword and board, or TWF and go for them crits. Try to get a DEX mod of at least 2 for effective medium armour.

For either of those styles, wouldn't you be better off going Dexterity? You'll use the same size damage die of weapons for either style.

If you're going Strength, you're doing it for those two-handed weapons. Ranger doesn't have a fighting style for them, but Defense is not awful.
>>
>>50907068
Shillelagh give you the ability to use shield, dueling style and attack with bonus action. So it actually has more AC and damage than dual-wielding.

It has it niche, ontop of making you SAD.
>>
>>50907082
I was thinking more along the lines of the Half-Orc, but yeah, DEX is pretty much optimal unless you want to get into heavy armour/weapons.

I'm more partial to STR-based characters, personally, so I just defaulted to that haha.
>>
File: 1351819051676.jpg (25KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1351819051676.jpg
25KB, 620x406px
i wanna make a linguist character, a language expert kinda deal

what do i do?
>>
>>50907178
go bard.
>>
Is there any mechanical issue with allowing a finesse Spear? I wouldn't think so, but figure i'd ask before bringing it up with the DM.

UA/Beast Conclave Lizardman Ranger, and i think it'd be cooler to use a spear than a rapier or short sword, ideally he'll let me use rapier stats for a spear, but if not, the d8 to d6 drop barely matters
>>
>>50907197
lol PAM shenanigans NOW WITH FINESSE!
>>
>>50907210
OH WAIT, IM RETARDED. READ GLAIVE FOR SOME REASON

Nah, i think youre fine famalam. just ask your dm nicely
>>
>>50906995

Since killing a surrendered enemy is pretty in-line with Vengeance, there's no class-related penalty. That said, that doesn't mean there are no social consequences, especially for a repeat offender. If we assume LG, as you said, then have people remark this is out-of-character for him. If given further provocation, NPCs begin to express shock or horror, and maybe even other paladins investigate the matter. Maybe the next time they run into a minion of the BBEG, or even a minor criminal, they refuse to cooperate on the grounds that Smitey McSmitesALot will shishkebab them.

If this really becomes a pattern, as you fear it will, hit him with an alignment shift. If he keeps going, then that means OOC he's OK with the character shift, and you get to run a full Vader arc. Give him the choice between pursuing his nemesis or saving the party. Have an NPC from the beginning of the campaign ask "What happened to you?"

At the climax, give him the option of destroying his nemesis, but in a manner very reminiscent of whatever started the vendetta. ((E.G., villain once personally stabbed his parents to death, villain now mind-controls innocent family into human shields))
>>
>>50907183
any specific race or background? i know i should take the linguist feat
>>
>>50907236
not really. anything you choose becomes moot once you have access to comprehend languages.
>>
>>50907068
>>50907005
>str ranger
>people trying to have fun on my watch
But why
Even if you're going for melee, dex is still likely a better idea, especially considering it's beastmaster rather than a 'I'm going to make whirlwind maul attacks' or something.
Both TWF and sword and board use both dex and str to the same extent, so dex is naturally the better option, especially since ranger doesn't use heavy armour.

Of course, that's just for half-orc, but
>having fun
>>
>>50907197
The only thing I could even think of would be if you dipped fighter 1 you could use Great Weapon Fighting with it.

You're probably fine asking for that. It's worse than a rapier as-is, and if you're just refluffing a rapier that's already balanced.
>>
>>50907236
If you want to max out proficiencies though, go high elf and sage background /investigator background
>>
>>50907241

Literally any 1st-level arcane caster can cast Comprehend Languages. There you go.
>>
>>50907254
though i guess you technically get better if you can cast tongues. *shrugs*
>>
>>50905738
Storm Sorcerer could have been a really fun gish if only its powers didn't specify "1st level or higher" spells. Why make a bunch of class features that are only useful in melee, when the sorcerer has no short range combat spells other than cantrips?
>>
>>50907266
Thunderwave is probably the best spell to get, but you're still limited by slots
>>
>>50907266
because the sorcerer is meant to be multiclassed for maximum fun and bare playability.
>>
File: TheDirtyDozen-Front-Cover.jpg (183KB, 422x489px) Image search: [Google]
TheDirtyDozen-Front-Cover.jpg
183KB, 422x489px
/5eg/, give me ideas for some morally-grey pregen characters. My group is coming back from a 2-month break, and I'm running a Neutral/Evil one-shot about killing Santa Claus. Level is 8-ish to 10-ish if it matters.

Here's what I have so far:
NE Lizardfolk druid. Kill-or-be-killed. All his wild-shapes are dinosaurs.
CN Halfling barbarian. Severe Napoleon complex.
LE Gnome wizard. Wannabe evil-overlord, too small and cute for anyone to take him seriously.
LG Human paladin. Incredibly gullible, terrible judge of character.

Any other good one-shot neutral or evil character ideas?
>>
>>50907266
Sorcerer just needs a full revamp imo.
I've said it a few times and I'll say it again, make them a close range spell sledgehammer, and make a bunch of close range Sorc only spells, like Cone attacks, to go with the revamp too.
>>
>>50907294
>a Neutral/Evil one-shot about killing Santa Claus
A Warforged nutcracker that enjoys butchering fleshlings that he considers to be nuisances or obstacles.
>>
>>50907282
This myth needs to die.
>>
File: wizard.gif (8KB, 457x423px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.gif
8KB, 457x423px
Are there any rules for where and how antimagic fields can operate independent of its caster? The rules in the PHB don't say anything about persistent antimagic fields, and the DMG doesn't mention them at all except for noting that they don't suppress blessings from deities and that they can suppress charms.
>>
>>50907310
>sledgehammer
Shotgun.
Then an archtype that bumps their hitdie up one and turns them into a gish.
>>
>>50907330
prove me wrong

>oh wait, you cant, else you wouldve done so in your post.
>>
>>50907332
I was once in a campaign with a wizard who generated an antimagic field within the confines of his foreskin and he effectively magically castrated an antagonistic wizard by docking and frotting him. My Monk punched his head clean off while he was rendered defenseless.
>>
>>50907241
>>50907254
>>50907265

what if i wanted to play as someone who naturally knew a ton of languages without magic?
>>
>>50907294
Neutral tranqulity monk, he never feels strongly one way or the other, and all things should be decided by vote. And he always abstains.
>>
>>50907359
linguist. half elf. bard.
expertise in linguistics.

feel outclassed when the wizard casts a spell.
>>
>>50907372
Linguistics is not a skill.
>>50907359
If it's a higher level campaign, ask to have spent time on it, and dock the gold
>>
>>50907385
isnt linguist a feat?
>>
>>50907391
oh wait nevermind

yeah what they hell is linguistics expertise?
>>
>>50907359
Read the damn book and look for ways to get proficiencies, or ask your DM, if >>50907253
Isn't enough explanation
Jeez
>>
>>50907402
yeah im retarded and drunk. ignore that post.

half elf. bard. linguistics.

i think thats all you can really do. maybe pick up a magic item of tongues and comprehend languages. i still dont think you can learn every language naturally since they did away with INT to languages.
>>
>>50907415
im with family for the holidays and dont have the book on me nigga
>>
>>50907419
Your missing background languages, potentially 2 of them if you customize your background like the PHB says you can.
>>
>>50907439
im not missing shit. anon can read the damn book if hes so inclined.

talking like i give a shit...
>>
>>50907432
In that case- Check out the MEGA link in the OP for pdfs, and the guthub link for cool online tools.
>>
I need a solo monster to sit on a huge bridge and looks menacing as shit to my players. It's a low magic campaign but Devils and undead and shit turn up (like berserk or dark souls. Ideas?
>>
>>50907419
>i still dont think you can learn every language naturally since they did away with INT to languages.
Why did they do that, anyway? Seems kinda dumb, and it's not like INT is anywhere close to busted in the first place for this edition.
>>
File: please respond.jpg (26KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
please respond.jpg
26KB, 441x441px
>>50907332
pic related
>>50907355
reminds me of my highschool days
>>
>>50907467
What level are your players and how many of them are there?
If you're not looking for a specific stat block, use something like a giant snake, big troll, an ettin, or a maybe a winged demon that can take advantage of flying to make strafing runs along the exposed ground of the bridge.
>>
>>50907468
fuck, idk anon. I also think its pretty stupid and actively encourage other DMs to reverse this ruling.
>>
>>50907467
seriously? Use a fucking troll!
>>
>>50907451
oooooooooooooooo

someone's maaaaaaaaad

:3c
>>
>>50907332
>>50907476
If you're DMing you get to make up the rules of anti magic fields. Invent whatever you want for the situation. Can be caused by an Artefact, proximity to a certain creature, an arrangement of glyphs around the base of a tower, whatever! Don't get bogged down with rules that will never come up at the table though.
>>50907498
Yeah I do this too. Prevalence of magic translation and rarity of racial languages means its worth handing out like candy as some incentive to not dump int.
>>
An antimagic field wont stop Cutting Words will it?

Playing a 6th level melee Lore Bard with expertise in Acrobatics to escape any potential surprise AMF grapples but worry about the reaction weapon swing or if its just another grapple attempt to cutting words it down a d8
>>
>>50907546
I'd allow it to work in an antimagic field, but it feels like something that's really down to the DM.
Whether it is a 'magical effect' is up for debate, but I think it's fair to say that the Bard is just being offputting and distracting than actually casting a subtle spell.
>>
>>50907546
No, Cutting Words is not magical so Antimagic won't affect it. The Silence spell will stop it though. Also earplugs.
>>
File: tumblr_o1rpi7JfA61tdv657o8_250.png (4KB, 212x209px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1rpi7JfA61tdv657o8_250.png
4KB, 212x209px
I've been meaning to get into the game for a while now. Is it taboo to want to roll a kobold? Or is that seen as some furry level bullshit?
>>
>>50907803
i've embraced my furriness so i cant answer this question
>>
>>50907803
Talk with your DM and group to see if they're okay with it.
>>
>>50907803
I'm getting into the game just now and I'm not sure how you -can- roll a Kobold. Player races are very strictly restricted.
>>
>>50907538
>If you're DMing you get to make up the rules of anti magic fields. Invent whatever you want for the situation. Can be caused by an Artefact, proximity to a certain creature, an arrangement of glyphs around the base of a tower, whatever! Don't get bogged down with rules that will never come up at the table though.
I'd really rather stick to the rules if there are any, which is why I asked.

I was once part of a campaign where we began play as slaves, with our weapons confiscated. When I tried to cast a spell (it was my first time playing a wizard) the DM explained there was an antimagic field over the entire mine. How it worked was anyone's guess. I'd rather not have my players believe I'm just asspulling stuff when it comes into play, I only need a small one for immersion's sake (I'm building a prison for an exiled spellcaster).
>>
>>50907849
>>50907803
It has stats in Volo's guide. Talk to your DM first.
>>
>>50906995
Yeah, no. That's fine for Vengeance to do. They're the 'smite at all costs' paladins.
>>
File: Deekin.jpg (25KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
Deekin.jpg
25KB, 256x400px
>>50907803

Nah, kobolds are awesome. Real furries will be playing lizardfolk or tabaxi.

>>50907849
They're in the newly-released Volo's Guide to Monsters.
>>
>>50907868
>>50907878
>finally get Volo's guide
>still no official skeleton or way to play a lich without being OP
>stuck with homebrew nobody IRL likes
>>
>>50907868
I'll give it a read then, I've just never played but I've been super interested after watching videos and looking at art done by players.
>>
How about having a pet, would it be possible even if you're not a ranger?
What i mean by pets are horse sized tiger, raptors, etc.
>>
>>50907928
that sounds too OP, animals like that should only be controlled via Ranger abilities or animal controlling spells
>>
>>50907928
good luck getting a raptor to follow you around and obey you without magic ranger crap.

It would be a lot harder than it is for rangers, but technical anyone could have an animal companion if they found some other way to bond with it the the level that an entire subclass is based around.
>>
File: laughing obama.jpg (52KB, 536x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing obama.jpg
52KB, 536x400px
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/813999711132581888

>six orders
>fighter subclass
>d8 HD
>melee type still in mystic class

All that bitching was for nothing, anons.
>>
>>50907928
I'm pretty sure that even Rangers don't have access to the sort of pets your talking about. It's worth noting that Paladins are also a pet class, and their pet may be more practical than the PHB Ranger.
>>
why the hell cant the new ranger have an owl or some kind of bird companion? the new ranger companions are really limiting and oddly specific
>>
File: Portrait Edit.jpg (315KB, 850x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait Edit.jpg
315KB, 850x1095px
>>50908006
>6
Yowza. What do you suppose they are?
>Telepath
>Kineticist
>Soulknife/Agile
>Immortal/Martial
>???
>Fighter subclass because of that one 4e psionic defender class I guess
>>
File: azunyan.gif (822KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
azunyan.gif
822KB, 312x234px
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Barbarian,-

Added some more data to make the tables match the PHB more closely (with spells known, rages, rage damage, etc.).
>>
>>50907903
just be a man and play a skeleon with the dmg stats for npcs
>>
>>50908424
If my DM would allow it, sure.
>>
>>50908006
>https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/813999711132581888
Holy shit he responded to my post
>>
>>50907903
I can't remember any edition of D&D that had an official way to play a skeleton other than becoming a lich.
>>
>>50908473
I'd love to be a lich especially, but I don't want to have to wait until the campaign reaches epic levels, and that isn't really a common thing.
>>
What are the best Sorcerer Spells which don't rely on Charisma? I'm planning on making a Dwarf Sorcerer, but we have to use Standard array so my Charisma isn't going to be that great.
>>
>>50908492
Level?
>>
>>50908190
They might make a distinction between telepath and empath, like the ardent for 4th edition, a buffer/ debuffer support class. Probably best to think of it like a psionic bard.
>>
>>50908492
Twin Haste.
>>
>>50908519
>>
File: berserkerdwarf.jpg (130KB, 589x1024px) Image search: [Google]
berserkerdwarf.jpg
130KB, 589x1024px
this is very specific, but could people post pictures of elfs in armor + a bow? so no leather, bow, and breastplates and whatnot. bonus points for religious iconography and ranger motifs
>>
>>50907928

You can BUY animals.

Course, unless you pick up Animal Handling as a proficiency, you'd have to rely on your untrained score.

(One of the guys I used to play with was a Half-Orc Barbarian who seemed to collect animals. Most of the time, when Not!DungeonMaster summoned us, he'd say that he was running around with his dog. Gork the Cowardly Orc was awesome)
>>
>>50907339
The extra health per level on dragon sorc is on average the same as being an extra die up. Sorcs problems are probably just a lack of spells, a lack of unique features that don't cost points, and a lack of reasons to ever pick one over a wizard. New spells and more of an ability to become a spell spammer would be good, even if it's more blaster based.ability to turn a level one spell into a cantrip maybe? Not sure if that could break shit,.Or what level that should be. Using the sorc point variant with more points could be goos, or even as a drastic measures give them an absolute fuck load of low level spell slots instead of 6-9? Not sure on that one
>>
>>50908543
jesus that is a fuckin jacked dwarf
>>
>>50908543
try >>50903875
>>
>>50908190
>>6
>Yowza. What do you suppose they are?
>>Telepath
>>Kineticist
>>Soulknife/Agile
>>Immortal/Martial
>>???
>>Fighter subclass because of that one 4e psionic defender class I guess
>>???
Bow using order?
>>
Can action surge be used for non combat?
>>
>>50908190
A fey psion and an undead killer psion
>>
>>50908492
Mostly buffs, Enlarge/Reduce and Haste are particularly nice with Twin spell.

Web and Fireball are still useful since they have some effect on a successful save. I wouldn't get too hung up on having a suboptimal stat, since you should still have a 14 or 15 in cha with the standard array.
>>
>>50908551
I wonder where you can buy a raptor. Perhaps at the Waterdeep branch of Dinomart?
>>
>>50908612
I don't see why not, but it'd only really have use in a situation where the character needs to do a great deal of things in a very short space of time.
>>
>>50905278
I've always imagined that Dao are the asshole kings of Geniekind.

An Efreet will follow the letter of the wish even to their detriment because their honor would take a hit back home. A Dao will just bullshit their way into the most malevolent interpretation of your wish by following the spirit of wish for some words and the law of the wish for others.

An Efreet will try to fuck you over, a Dao WILL fuck you over.
>>
>>50908629
Like action surging to lift heavy objects and lifting porticullises and stuff like that or avoiding arrows or bullets, on top of Str or Dex checks.
>>
so what's the difference between a mystic and a monk? seems like they're studying and training the same way monks do but they cant fucking meld their goddamn flesh into weapons
>>
>>50908738
Monks are circumcised
>>
>C o m b a t I n s p i r a t i o n
>Also at 3rd level, you learn to inspire others in battle. A creature that has a Bardic Inspiration die from you...
>when an attack roll is made against the creature, it can use its reaction to roll the Bardic Inspiration die and add the number rolled to its AC against that attack, after seeing the roll but before knowing whether it hits or m isses.

This seems kinda weird. It requires the DM to tell you the natural number on the die, but not the total to-hit against you.
>>
>>50908738
Not sure if serious or just a retard.
>>
>>50908815
there both meditating and expanded their minds arent they? seems like monks and mystics should be able to do the same things
>>
>>50908761
ki is more of the body while psionic energy is more of the mind. both are internal in nature.
>>
>>50905478
Or maybe he read the DMG and wants his playerd to have some fun.
>>
What's a fun enemy group to put in the mix in a lvl 1-5 hexcrawl area? I'll obviously have wild animals, also bandits, so a monstrous race would be good

Also, a couple semi-powerful solo individuals who try to get the adventurers to do their bidding
>>
>>50908447
thank fuck the class is saved.
>>
>>50908006
Wait. A psionic fighter subclass, AND a melee subclass in mystic?
>>
any popular settings that have an awesome mix of sci-fi & fantasy?

knight with lazer swords working alongside space merc with a mini gun
>>
>>50907803
Everything about you smells like furfag, so yes it will be. Don't bring your fucking fetishes into other people's business.
>>
>>50908960
i guess it'll be like Eldritch Knight but with psionics instead of spells
>>
>>50908974
Sigil, planescape maybe
>>
>>50908190
Pyrokineticist has been around a while too, they might make it the fire wot4e psion
>>
>>50908975
>projecting
>>
>>50909024
I don't think that word means what you think it means

And he posted a fucking animu fetish drawing
>>
>>50908975
>>50909041

oooooooooooo

someone's maaaaaaaaad

:3c
>>
>>50909041
>projecting
>>
Chartreuse pill me on 5e fampais
>>
project
verb (used without object)
Psychology. to ascribe one's own feelings, thoughts, or attitudes to others.
>>
File: pensive man.gif (2MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
pensive man.gif
2MB, 320x184px
>everyone in the group but one wants to play a melee martial
>>
>>50909098
I hope that last one is a bard or druid

or an arcane caster if one of the meleers is a paladin
>>
>>50909114
no
>>
>>50907928
If you make it explicitly clear you are not going to involve your animals in combat, probably yes.
If you are a minmaxer asshole simply trying to gain another edge in combat, you will probably get a lot of flak for trying to pull that.
>>
>>50909098
DM or player?
>>
>>50909098
Wish my group would be like that. 4 spells casters is tame as fuck.
>>
File: 1241341355151515.jpg (244KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1241341355151515.jpg
244KB, 1200x1650px
>>50909255
>four spell casters

You know what that means?

Four flail snails
>>
Nah, the shells go for 5000 GP a pop. What he needs to do is have enemy casters summon them. They're considered elementals, so theoretically they can be summoned with Conjure Elemental. And the shells disappear when they die!
>>
>>50909297

>random encounter table always seems to roll flail snails
>"Don't blame me, it's the table!"
>enemy casters constantly summon flail snails
>finally, the BBEG's lair is revealed
>The Escargeode, deep within the Plane of Earth
>birthplace of all flail snails
>>
File: topkek.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>50909390
>The Escargeode
>>
>>50909390
>Escargeode

absolute gold
>>
>>50908154
>Paladins are also a pet class
What?
Can you explain?
>>
>>50909420
they get the level 1 spell "find steed"

basically it gives them an intelligent steed (horse, warhorse, mule, donkey?)
>>
What about dragon riding like how to train your dragon is it too OP?
>>
File: miria_thumbsup.gif (185KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
miria_thumbsup.gif
185KB, 350x197px
>>50909390
>The Escargeode

Alright, take my (you), you earned it
>>
File: 1382330249262.png (235KB, 291x291px) Image search: [Google]
1382330249262.png
235KB, 291x291px
>>50909390
>>
File: Ruboto.png (504KB, 484x473px) Image search: [Google]
Ruboto.png
504KB, 484x473px
>>50909390
>The Escargeode
I don't get it.
>>
>>50909435
Lvl 2*
>>
>>50909462
escargot is french for snail

geode is a crystal thing

flail snails are elementals from the plane of earth

piece it together anon, i believe in you
>>
>>50909471
I'm sorry, anon, I don't speak coward.
>>
>>50907332
Out of the Abyss Spoiler ahead

MAGICAL WARDS
The drow have placed powerful wards on the slave pen to inhibit spellcasters and shield the area against scrying attempts.
Spells cast within the slave pen have no effect. and any slot or magic item charge expended to cast such a spell is consumed. The wards don't suppress or negate spell effects that originate outside the slaveport. For example, a creature under the effect of an invisibility spell remains invisible when it enters the slave pen.
Creatures inside the slave pen cant be targeted by any divination magic or perceived through magical scrying sensors.
>>
>>50901486
I know this is hours and hours late, but I got friends and tried this 5 different times, copying exactly what was in the videos and that diagram. It's not that bad to get out of.

There are three methods for getting out of it. One, if you have great leg strength, shift to the left so that the foot tucked behind your knee can touch the ground. It doesn't matter if it's fully flat, just rock over until your weight is on that ankle and stand straight up on that one foot. Lean on the pole to keep yourself from rolling your ankle.

Two, simply brace yourself against the pole. Stoop your back as far as you can, you'll feel some discomfort in your ankles and shins as you do this. Then, using just your thigh muscles, drag your knees across the ground and away from you. You'll probably skin your knees, but you'll be flat on the ground and you can push yourself away.

Three, and this requires the most leg strength of all, stand directly up on the sides of your feet. You'll start by pressing your hands on both sides of the pole. Your goal here is not to pull yourself up or suspend yourself, but just to steady your torso. Pulling will change your balance and make it hard to stand directly up and might also twist or roll your ankle. Starting with your left foot (which should be flat on the ground according to the grape vine restraint example pics) and only your left foot, use your upper leg muscles to concentrate on the outer edge of your foot. It's okay if you can't stand up all the way like this, as soon as you have just a quarter inch of freedom you'll be basically free.

It's a neat trick that plays on the normal methods people use to balance themselves as they stand. If you have weak legs or ankles, you might honestly be trapped in this position. I, however, found no difficulty in breathing after flinging myself in at least ten different ways. This is probably only effective torture when you have wardens actually keeping you in this position.
>>
>>50909492
That's okay, he doesn't speak retard.
>>
File: For the lazy.jpg (221KB, 372x1317px) Image search: [Google]
For the lazy.jpg
221KB, 372x1317px
As an encounter for my level 8 party, I want to pit them against Warlock of the Fiend and an Erinye. Is it too much, or should they handle it?
>>
What is a fun yet complimentary class to play in a party consisting of a swashbuckler rogue, a barb, a bladepact 'lock and a monk?
>>
>>50909773
A cleric. Throw a bless and go to town.
>>
>>50909773
A bard.
>>
>>50905034
Cute Mariliths
>>
>>50905327
Only rape, Anon. No one could ever love a monster like an orc. Even orc women don't want that, so the pure orcs are rape-babies too.
>>
Why is /pfg/ so lewd ?
>>
>>50909866
from what i hear blame the furries
>>
>>50909866
Because it panders to furries, weebs and degenerates. Naturally, /pfg/ will represent Pathfinder's userbase.
>>
>>50909875
>>50909887
i'll have to check this place out...
>>
>>50909773
>a fun yet complimentary class...
bard.
>>
Should I go Cleric or Tomelock/Paladin for shillelagh shenanigan?
>>
how the fuck do people play spellcasters? memorizing all of those spells seems insane

and dont even get me started on the sorcerer's sorcery points

at most the only "spell casting" class i can handle is cleric
>>
>>50909767
How big is your party? Erinyes might be too much for them.

Also be caution about Finger of death.
>>
>>50909934
But cleric has 40 pages of spells that you can prepare from each day.

Sorcerer only has like 6 spells known and can't change them except on level ups.

A wizard can only prepare from their known spells too, so if anything, with a cleric you need to be aware of a bigger number of spells.
>>
>>50909934
Spellbook app.

Cleric actually has to memorize all their spell, so your mental burden your be higher than Bard or Sorcery who only know a handful of spells.

Also what's wrong with sorcery point?
>>
>>50909767
https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/calc/enc_size.html
>>
>>50909945
>>50909948
i guess i find the actual mechanics of the spellcasting classes confusing

Cleric i just use the same spells everyday and they're all easy shit like guiding bolt and spirit guardians

sorcerer's sorcery point nonsense and burning spell slots just sounds way too confusing for me
>>
>>50906694
Chaotic Evil voters need to leave
>>
>>50909965
> Cleric i just use the same spells everyday and they're all easy shit like guiding bolt and spirit guardians

The same can apply to every spell casting class.
>>
>>50910035
In fact, sorcerer and bard are forced to.
>>
>>50909767
Just make sure the enemies aim to capture and rape them instead of killing them, because that could be a tough encounter
>>
Do you frequent any irc channels or just 4chin?
>>
How do I cruise down the street in my '64 in 5e?
>>
>>50909965
I don't really find magic confusing but it certainly is unreliable.

> cast spell
> get counterspelled (unless sorc with subtle)
> successfully cast spell
> get dispelled
> not get dispelled, get hit
> lose concentration
> cast instant spell
> target is immune due to another spell

vs

> i attack with my weapon
> it hits or not
>>
>>50910098
pimp out a cart and have an army of unseen servants pulling you along
>>
File: 1459104775166.png (5MB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1459104775166.png
5MB, 1131x1600px
>>50910107
that's why i rarely play cleric and stick to fighter, barb, monk. far more fun to fight spellcasters than to be them in my opinion
>>
>>50910098
CN bard

animal handling, persuasion, and stealth
>>
>>50910107
If they counterspell or dispel you? You win action economy and spell slot economy.
>>
>>50910059
Return to your containment thread, pathcuck.
>>
>>50910107
> ever get hit as a spellcaster
> ever lost concentration as a spellcaster
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>50910175
Good luck catching me, I'm behind mirror image, blink, shield and shocking grasp!
>>
>>50910107
> He doesn't counterspell on counterspell
>>
>>50910182
> wins this fight
> next fight:
> "s-sorry guys, i'm out of spells"
>>
>>50910201
>start waving hands to cast spell A
>enemy waves hands to counterspell
>fuck if I start waving my hands to counterspell his counterspell I lose my progress on spell A
>>
File: thatguy.jpg (32KB, 598x280px) Image search: [Google]
thatguy.jpg
32KB, 598x280px
>>50910204
I DEMAND WE ALL GO TO BED!!!!!
I DON'T CARE IF WE'RE CHASING A VILLAIN AND IT'S ONLY 1PM!!!
>>
>>50910210
Shitty houserule brah. But that isn't RAW or RAI.I would leave that table if I were you.

or unleash Halfling Diviner with Lucky feat.
>>
>>50910231
So you like all spellcastings to be instant, like snapping your fingers? So how is there even enough time to react to counterspell them in the first place?
>>
Oh shit guys levitate is so brutal. It's a save or get dunked on so many creatures, even some high end creatures lack ranged attacks and are total sitting ducks if you pick them up.
>>
>>50910231
>or unleash Halfling Diviner with Lucky feat.
> not using halfling diviner/wild sorc with lucky feat
>>
>>50910224
you forgot to get pissy and metagamey as fuck when the rest of the party doesn't seem to be going to bed along with you even if they never agreed to a rest in the first place
>>
>>50910210
Reaction happen before the trigger.
So Your counterspell hand waving happen before enemy counterspell hand waving, which happen before spell A hand waving.
>>
>>50910125
>>50910130
Which race is most representative of the strength of street knowledge?
>>
>>50910243
> con save
> every major BBEG has a metric shit ton of bonus to it
> only works on kobolds desu
>>
>>50910270
Diviners, not even once.
>>
>>50910240
Spell casting doesn't take the whole 6 second.

Reaction spell only take fraction of second, so it's faster than snapping your fingers. Read the damn PHB. Yes, Counterspell on Counterspell happen in less than a second.

Reaction to reaction is legit and anyone can do
it, even your shitty fighter (ie. sentinel feat on OA). If you really want an example, go watch animu or something.
>>
>>50910263
Halfling, my brother. No jive.
>>
File: lol.jpg (7KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
7KB, 300x196px
>>50910296
> wasting 2 spell slots in less than a second

I prefer a shitty fighter.
>>
>>50910263
Tiefling or half-orc
urchin background
>>
>>50910210
>he can't keep spell A on standby with his right hand and counterspell with his left hand
Why do you even spellcast ?
>>
>>50909297
What do spellcasters do in this scenario? Do they have to think like 8 Int Wizards?
>>
>>50910323
>>50910347
What's the 5e equivalent of a sawed-off shotgun?
>>
File: inspiring.jpg (62KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
inspiring.jpg
62KB, 600x450px
I'm planning to change how inspiration works, since I think a reroll is not really that huge punch I have in mind. I wanted to make inspirations much more eventful and worthwhile, something like an Elixir in Final Fantasy where it's rare but so powerful that players will hesitate before using it (until they end up finishing the campaign without ever using it.)

I'm thinking of having inspiration vary from class to class, and yes it'll get very unbalanced, but none of my players are optimisers. Here they are. I only did the classes my players took, so there won't be all of the classes, that said if you have any clue for other classes (or even the ones I included) please say so, I'm in need of... inspiration.

>Barbarian
You basically hulk out and is either completely invulnerable for a turn, or have your rage affect last the entire encounter. You also get automatic nat20 for a single str related check in or outside of combat.

>Cleric
Divine Intervention without having to roll a dice and independent from whether or not you can cast Divine Intervention.

>Paladin
Same as Cleric.

>Monk
The spiritual entity/god imbues the monk with enlightening wisdom, nat20 for a single wisdom related check in or out of combat and fully refuel the monk's Ki.

>Fighter
Automatic nat20 for a turn of combat

>Ranger
Calls the local fauna (from a swarm of city rats to a wandering bear) to help in the fight. Plus the next survival, animal handling or medicine roll is a nat20

>Bard
Make an entire group of people immediately like/agree with the Bard. This one is hard, I'm afraid of unforeseen consequences for this one.

So what do you think? Is it a good idea or should I just keep the reroll aspect of an inspiration?
>>
>>50910391
I'd say a wand
>>
>>50910401
Let me tell you, that one reroll from inspiration is pretty punchy when you're already at one death saving failure and roll a 1.
>>
>>50908960
>>50908006
See, this is how it's supposed to be. We can make as many fucking classes an archetypes as we want. Gimme my fucking cake and let me eat it.

We have fighty Wizards (Bladesingers) and wizardy Fighters (EKs) just fine. I mean, both suck, but they're there. There was no good reason other than NO FUN that Immortal should have been taken out of Mystic and relegated to an archetype of some martial class.

Remember the Martialcaust. We must never again let the I DON'T LIKE CHARACTER OPTIONS, TOO COMPLICATED AND FUN faggots gain a foothold.
>>
>>50910418
I'm playing with new players so I don't know if they can understand the value of inspiration. I'm afraid they would waste it by rerolling on a failed attack roll on a goblin.
>>
>>50910389
> Animated Dead
> Animated Object

and yes, casting haste and fight with range weapon work too. So is Magic Missile spam (no attack roll or saving throw)
>>
>>50910434
> Bladesinger
> suck
fight me
>>
>>50908190
B A T T L E M I N D
>>
>>50910434
>EK
>suck

fight me, too
>>
>>50910464
>can't change reality
>can't change fate
>can't change metal
>can't change the fact that you're dead
>just gets hit less in melee, where he shouldn't be and is full of tools to escape
for what purpose
>>
>>50910478
GO TO BED, GENE
what the fuck, my (You)s are gone and replaced by dotted lines
what have i done to warrant this torment
>>
>>50910483
> It's a 9th caster, it can cast Wish
> It's a 9th caster, it can cast True Polymorph
> He think bladesinger should be in melee, instead of abusing invincible AC and infallible concentration check.

You are just shit. Just because it can melee and get extra attack doesn't mean it has to. Bladesinger doesn't have to waste his spell on Mirror Image and Blink, and doesn't afraid of ranged attack and fireball.
>>
>>50910445
Trust me, they'll completely forget they even have it. Then when they get into a really shitty situation, you go "do you have inspiration, btw?". They'll learn to look for it as an "oh shit" button.
>>
>>50910522
>can cast Wish
I stopped reading there but my incredible skill also let me catch "True Polymorph" below and I started laughing even harder.
>>
>sorcerers don't get Absorb Elements
Well this is fucking bullshit
>>
>>50910401
Half of them are already "automatic nat 20", why not just change "free advantage" to "free success" and be done?

But DESU, getting free nat 20s is pretty fucking dumb. Ditto for free spell successes.

1-turn invincibility seems fine, maybe phrase it as "take no damage until your next turn". Also, when a player uses it, make sure to have the baddies use some crazy attacks.

Animal swarm seems fine, too. Would be fun to use indoors and see snakes crawling out of the floorboards, deer crash in through windows, etc.

Bard thing definitely seems OP.
>>
>>50910546
>class is historically full of fucking dragon blood
>dragons are all based on elements and shit
>sorcs don't get literally everything in the EEPC
you can really tell who the favorite stepchild is
>>
File: 1407799545432.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1407799545432.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>50910401
>fighter gets an automatic free save or crit

>monk gets a free nat20 wisdom save or perception check AND a refilled Ki pool

>rangers get THE BEES

>bards step inside your AT Field

Why would you think any of this is a good idea?
>>
>>50910625
The nat20s are a bad idea, but I kinda like the swarm of random animals mobbing some hobgoblins or a random bear to crash the door open, kill the necromancer, and just leave.

But yeah, I guess >>50910536 is right, that reroll would be pretty pivotal once the players realize it's there.
>>
>>50910764
The swarm of random animals is really dumb, especially if you're not playing a beastmaster ranger.

It should be a druid thing, if anything, and rangers should get like, an automatic success on their next survival, perception or K:Nature check as well as a guarenteed hit with their next attack action or something.
>>
Best monstrous race for a low-level enemy faction?
>>
>>50911147
kobold or goblin i suppose, they're the generic low level enemy
>>
>>50908487
Play a revenant, say you're a skelly.
>>
>>50908938
Gnoll, Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Kobolds (led by a Half-Dragon in an attempt to resurrect a Draco-Lich?), etc.
>>
Devil's Sight won't allow you to see in a Fog Cloud, would it?
>>
>>50911334
no, devils sight lets you see in darkness, fog cloud makes the area heavily obscured
>>
>>50911189
Nah dude. He's definately on of those 3.pf people who can't fluff stuff. They want mechanical benefit of being skelly. They want to be OP but pretending that it's not since the content is "official".
>>
>>50911334
>>50911366
One thing a Chain Pact Warlock can do is take a Bat or Pseudodragon, and use Voice of the Chain Master to see in fog.
>>
>>50911446

You. Thank you very much.
>>
>>50911282
Hmm. Half-dragon might kinda work since I'm not including dragonborn in my world. I've been running LMoP and it has a nice mix of different goblinoids but I'm kinda burned out on them for now.

Anyone got tips for differentiating kobolds from goblins? A bit less mean, more focus on building stuff than raising wolves?
>>
>>50909390
>>The Escargeode, deep within the Plane of Earth
You earned this (you) and I'm using this idea
>>
>>50909773
>>50909784
>>50909798
Life cleric 1/bard X is a pretty awesome support combo.
>>
>>50909978
But I chose the law and order candidate. Chaotic? Fuck that.
>>
>>50910270
Are you still playing 3.5 anon?
>>
>>50911530
Played this recently, stealing Paladins aura of vitality as a magical secret and throwing out 2d6+5 healing a turn at level 7 was amusing.
>>
>>50910453
Haste is generally underrated on casters. Hiding for advantage, Disengaging and casting whatever you want, outrunning enemies, etc. are great uses of the spell.
>>
>>50911562
Steal Goodberry from druids too. It's the best healer you can make and has plenty of ways to prevent damage from happening in the first place.
>>
>>50911585
Was my other magical secret. Honestly I would argue I don't think Goodberry should be affected by DoL seeing as the spell just creates a magical item rather than the spell itself healing anyone but apparently Crawford thinks differently so not going to complain if my GM agrees with him. Was a fun character, hopefully he won't be on the backbench too long and I can use him again.
>>
>>50910401
Our GM is pretty generous with inspiration, we tend to get it as a group for hitting certain milestones in the session akin to "Long and weary, you reach the roadside tavern, the thoughts of merry folk, fresh ales, and soft beds fills you with comfort. Everyone can have inspiration until dawn." or "You finally find yourself against Langdedrosa Cyanwrath and his cohorts, memories of your last encounter filling you with fervor, Everyone gains inspiration, but know you're going to need them."

If they do optional parts of quests they tend to get them. "The spirit is laid to rest in the crypt and prepare to continue your search for the vile necromancer, the thought of at least some act of peace in this unhallowed dungeon is at least bittersweet. Everyone gains inspiration." or "You decide to splurge on the incredibly extortionatly priced bottle of Elven wine at the tavern, but it is exquisite and almost worth the 300gp you guys spent on it. You each gain inspiration." However, if they bought the wine a second time it would simply be "You drink the 300gp bottle of wine, this luxury is expensive, but it is luxurious."

We also allow Inspiration to be expended for basically "Spectacular feats" for example, X character is shoved over a balcony bannister by the suit of animated armour and fails his dex saving throw to save himself, he falls taking 10d6 falling damage.

Y: Wait, can I leap to his aid, dive and try to grab him just before he falls, but I'm 10ft away.
GM: I'll allow it, at the cost of your inspiration you can dive to aid him. Make the Dex saving throw, if you fail by 5 or more you'll go off too. If you fail, you'll be prone at the edge, if you pass, you'll both be prone at the edge.
Y: Okay, rolling.. I fail, shit.
Z: Can I use my inspiration to try and catch him too?
GM: No, fuck off.
>>
>>50911641
Personally I think it's fine because Goodberry with Disciple of Life is efficient but has poor action economy.

Similarly, Aura of Vitality with Disciple of Life might average 120 healing per cast but it doesn't make Heal obsolete because Heal does it all in 1 turn instead of over 10.

This type of character is my go to DMPC for a 2 or 3 person group. It's easy for the players to figure out how to use, and it doesn't hog the spotlight.
>>
>>50911717
I also really liked that Cleric gains heavy armour prof from a class ability it meant I could take Bard as my first level to get all that nice skill proficiency and then get heavy armour proficiency from taking cleric as level 2.
>>
Or another example.

Z: "I'm grappling X, can I judo-flip throw him?"
GM: "Well no you can shove but that's only 5ft."
Z: "Can I spend my inspiration to judo-flip him?"
GM: "Yeah that seems fair, spend your inspiration and roll an athletics check, if you pass you can hurl him prone up to 15ft, if you fail you simply spend you action struggling with him, if you fail by 5 or more, well, we'll see."

We also allow it for minor twists, allowing players to influence some non-practical effect on the world, "Is the Busty Barmaid a Half-Orc?" "... Is this your magical realm?" "Maybe." "At the expense of your Inspiration, now that you're a bit closer and not looking directly into her cleavage, it turns out she is in fact half-orc."

Mostly used for downtime amusements and slight memery, and not permitted in serious situations, or effecting anything that well, effects anything unless it is fairly minor, such as "You find the cultists sleeping quarters, you aquire six suitable disguises, cult robes with hoods."
"Uh, I'm a halfling, is there one in my size or are they all medium?"
"They are all medium, so you'll have to come up with something else."
"Mhm, can I use my inspiration to try and find one closer to my size?"
"Okay, sure, you spend your inspiration and decide to look around a bit more. In the burlap sack stuffed in the corner, amusingly enough you do infact find a small sized cult robe, although judging by the parting in the back and the smell you wager this perhaps belonged to a kobold, it should still fit and be as passable as any for a disguise."

One of the other times we used was when the party were fighting a pair of mages, a Necromancer and an Evoker (Pre Volo's). One use of inspiration later and the robes there were wearing had the words "Bad to the Bone" and "Whizz-Ard" embroidered on their backs underneath their cloaks.

Generally it's pretty dynamic and fun, lets players influence the world slightly via dynamic actions or amusing tidbits.
>>
>>50910538
>>50910522
>>50910483
>>50910464
>>50910434
Bladesinger isn't a bad class, but it's a class that many players are very likely to use badly. It has the best AC of any wizard, but it also tricks players into thinking that they should be hitting things with swords instead of casting spells from range.
>>
>>50911834
>Generally it's pretty dynamic and fun,

it's all you need to know then.

Just be careful about opening up precedents
>>
>>50911834
RAW when you move, a grappled creature moves with you. So I don't see why you couldn't spin around while holding an enemy and move them that way.
>>
>>50911889
>Bladesinger isn't a bad class, but it's a class that many players are very likely to use badly.

It's a great class to put in on an arcane trickster.

It lets you capitalize on that inteligence casting, lets you practically forgo the War Caster feat, gives you more cantrips, a spellbook full of rituals, including familiar, lets you switch that L1,2 and 3 spell every level by writting it down on your book and then dumping it, and according to some interpretations, allows you to get your illusion and enchanter caster progression to beef up a little sooner, trading your misty step a few steps down the line, for invisibility a few steps earlier.
>>
>>50911937
>RAW when you move, a grappled creature moves with you.

but you're usually heavily encumbered, so you need to adjust your movement for that.
>>
What ASI is the most important on a Paladin
>>
>>50912002

depends on the pala's team role

max cha is rare, but aura of protection is gamebreakingly good, so if you're in need to of that, do it
>>
>>50912023
I'm Dragonborn so maybe Con?
>>
>>50912060

Heh, sure, you can't go bad with Con. More hp for the frontline, higher Breath Weapon saves, better concentration checks. Consider Resilient (Con) if you're sitting on an odd number, or putting an odd number and rounding up an odd one elsewhere, so you can take resilient (con) next time
>>
>>50912060
d20 games are about probability. Your most used stats are going to be your attack stat followed by your casting stat.

Boost your Str or Dex (I assume you're Str-based as a dragonborn) then boost your Cha.
>>
I wish more players focused on building a group/team rather than just their individual character.
>>
>>50912187
I try to get them thinking this way by doing a session 0. I talk about group roles and ask about what kind of campaign they want to do while offering up campaign ideas I have saved up that correspond.

I really want to do a stealth campaign with a rogue, bard, shadow monk, ranger, and/or druid.
>>
File: 3MonstersHeader.jpg (125KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
3MonstersHeader.jpg
125KB, 970x545px
DMfag here, normally just use a small dry erase board as a battle mat for encounters.

Heading to a crafts store here shortly. I want to make some predefined battle mats for super important encounters, whether it be BBEG or specific creatures/areas. I want these to be pretty big.

Would a store like Michael's carry extra large dry erase boards? Or would it be more efficient to get giant rolls of paper and draw on that? I'm not really an artfag so this is my first experience going into shops like this.
>>
>>50911834
So you just turn em into M&M hero points?
>>
>>50912223

I just spend 50 cents on a sheet of card paper (you know the one I mean, big a3 ones, used for making signs), draw an inch grid with a marker, than cover it with that plastic ye use to protect paperbacks

Don't cost me more than a buck or two
>>
>>50911964
How does being an arcane trickster damage your spell slot economy though for a bladesinger?

Also, question, are bladesingers considered gishes?
>>
I'm a fairly newish player. Apparently we're going to play Curse of Strahd, but I'm not sure what sort of character backstory to make for that, since it's not just Forgotten Realms and I don't know anything about it.

Any tips? Or should I just ignore it and make a character as if it was just in the Realms and then roll with the punches, so to speak.
>>
>>50912388
>>50912223
I don't know about contact plastic (that's what you call the stuff you cover books with right?), the Chessex battlemats are pretty good (hexes on the other side too) but I know that if you leave the drawing on there for a long time it will stain.

I've been wondering where to find these big sheets of grid paper like what Mercer uses on Critical Role. That way you could draw stuff long ahead of time and not worry about leaving it for too long.
>>
>>50912406

AT are 1/3 casters, so you get the spell slot equivalent of one level of wizard for every three levels of AT.

If you want to be mostly a singer, then go full singer, if you want to be mostly AT, then put on just the two levels for the spellsong, and then go back to Trickery.
>>
>>50912430

with Curse of Stradh, unless the DM wants to play you as a Barovian, you begin as a faerunian character, who gets transported into Barovia through some plot or another at the beggining of the game.

The fact you are a visitor in a strange land is a rather important plot point, so you might just as well play it normal
>>
>>50912430
What this guy >>50912485 said. And if you're starting at 3rd level, that gives you even more backstory in the Realms as a character. You get taken from the realms and put in Barovia. It's very important that you don't belong there.
>>
>>50908928
DMG magical items are anything but fun.

If you want to do that, why not instead give all classes twice as many features with options in them?

Not only does it arbitrarily increase the power level like magic items, but players actually get to choose their upgrades rather than have a DM assign 'Oh, well, you can have this item that gives you more damage that conveniently only monks can use, you can have this item that gives you more defence which is conveniently a shield so nobody else will use it...'
>>
>>50912676
New thread.
>>
>>50912599
>It's very important that you don't belong there.
Not really. There even are character options in the book for characters from Barovia.
>>
Speaking of Curse of Strahd, would this be balanced for a Vestani as a subrace?

+1 to Charisma, +1 to one stat of your choice.
+1 Skill Proficiency, +Slight of Hand Proficency
Can cast Hex as a 1st level spell twice per long rest using Charisma as your casting stat.

Human Varient with one of your stats locked into Cha, your feat locked into Arcane Initiate (Warlock) but get no cantrips, 2 casts. Slight of Hand is on top. Seem good enough to be worth taking and also thematic to the gypsy folk? I'd rather have more options for players rerolling new characters than "You stumble across a Dwarf Warrior who was also trapped in Barovia."
>>
>>50912750
>+Slight of Hand Proficency
>thematic to the gypsy folk
/pol/ is this way
>>
>>50912750
Hex twice a day sounds a little too good to me. I'd change it to Bane, and say that they don't get it until level 3, like the other races with 1st level spells.
>>
>>50912786
You're not from Europe, are you?
>>
>>50912406
By having a level in wizard, you lose effectively 2/3 of a caster level if you take more than 3 levels in AT, because 1/3 casters normally do NOT get the spell slot equivalent of one level of wizard for every three slots of AT, but instead +2/3 spellcasting levels over that.

There are certain levels of AT where a wizard level would not change the spell slots at all, though. Level 3, 6, 9, 12, etc.
>>
>>50912406
>>50912885
Oh, and, honestly, AT doesn't usually use spell slots much except for utility. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Bladesingers can be gishes, but I wouldn't call them true gishes. They honestly feel more like wizards with a truckload of AC thrown onto them.
>>
Knowledge checks if successful, allow the player to make up facts about the world.

Y/n?
>>
>>50913032
Maybe for a lighthearted campaign where you can trust the players and there isn't some preestablished overarching plot.
>>
>>50913032
Depends entirely on what sort of game you're running.
>>
>>50912786
>fictional races always 100% correspond to real world
>fantasy racism is equivalent to real racism

Get enriched.
>>
>>50912750
If you want hex, you probably don't care about charisma unless you're a paladin, and in that case you're better off with the natural paladin race, the variant human.

I'd probably make the hex once a short rest and honestly it is a bit too much like a variant human with hex, even if it is better.

Some unique cursing ability might be fun.
>>
>>50909390
stealing this
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.