[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warframe TTRPG patch update 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: nq5ixh.gif (4MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
nq5ixh.gif
4MB, 720x405px
So we share quite a few ideas for things we that could be used, and already have mods for it.

There was in particular as suggestion for a mix of Dark Heresy and Legends of the Wuilin that sounded interesting.

Old thread: >>50851091
>>
File: c09.gif (781KB, 257x234px) Image search: [Google]
c09.gif
781KB, 257x234px
>>
Honestly, I think that an Eclipse Phase hack would probably fit. I did a really loose version of it to play not!Warframe with my group and it worked. It would take a bit more banging around to get it to an actually playable shape, but it was enjoyable.

Also:
>Being free has never felt so good
>>
>>50902718

>Eclipse Phase
>For a fast moving, combat-heavy setting where you're a nigh-unstoppable, omni-competent, arcanobiocybertech god of war.

Seriously man, I love what Eclipse Phase tries to be, and I support the devs, but their system in a clunky piece of shit that ignores all the advancements in game design made from the nineties, and their idea of combat balance is hilariously lacking.

If you're gonna steal a ststem, you need to nab one that can things like "you are being fired on with several rocket launchers, napalm launchers, and heavy machine guns simultaneously", "you are currently poisoned, bleeding, caught in corrosive tar and coated in swarming nanoplague" and "you are currently fighting fifty laser-spewing deathbots while standing in a minefield and unable to use any of your powers." Like, those are things that warframes just deal with on a mission-to-mission basis, but handling them in an eclipse phase hack would be time-consuming as fuck in addition to being way more lethal than they should be.

IMO, you want to pick something that supports handling masses of enemies in an abstract yet satisfying way, lets you pile on effects without slowing the game down, and encourages ludicrous mobility.
>>
If you make Nova still OP this is going to be boring
>>
File: OrokinEnvironment02.jpg (334KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OrokinEnvironment02.jpg
334KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>50903175
>that ignores all the advancements in game design made from the nineties,

Not to try to derail or anything but... like what?

But yeah, its not very fitting. Its more high prepp, slow, tactical infiltration followed by extremely lethal violence or smooth success.
>>
>>50903175

Could the Fantasy Flight 40k RPGs work? I think I vaguely remember there being horde combat in Deathwatch, the percentile roll-under system may work well to stack bonuses. Now the ludicrous mobility may be more problematic...
>>
>>50905500
with a little porting over into a more mobile system, i think it could be done.
>>
File: 4e634765badd88fb2ccc78e865ee39ed.jpg (236KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
4e634765badd88fb2ccc78e865ee39ed.jpg
236KB, 1024x1557px
>>
>>50905279

The thing that strikes me as the most nineties-ish is the skill system - it's just ludicrously granular for the sake of "muh realism", instead of coming up with a smaller skill list where each skill is designed to be equally viable.

I mean, just take a look at the skill list. Deception, Impersonation, and Disguise are three seperate skills to invest in. If you wanna fight in melee, you've got Unarmed Combat, Blades, Clubs, and Exotic (which you need to buy seperately for tasers, cattle prods and whips/chains). Ranged combat? Sure, invest in your choice of Beam (plasma rifles, lasers, etc), Kinetic (revolvers up to railguns), Spray Weapons (anything that fires in a cone AoE), Throwing (grenades and shit), Gunnery (rocket launchers, RPGs, and other heavy weapons) or Exotic (flamethrowers, flechettes, sonic, all bought seperately). Hell, look at perception vs. scrounging - you use perception to find things in general, or scrounging to find things which are valuable or hidden.

A competently designed modern game goes "alright, so of the kind of characters we expect the players to make, would an of them reasonable need disguise but not impersonation?" - and then realize the answer is no, and fold them into one skill. They'd realize that having your badass soldier need entirely separate skills for his assault rifle, his assault rifle's underbarrel grenade launcher, his laser rifle, and his laser rifle's underbarrel plasmathrower is really fuckin' stupid. They'd realize that flight is "free-fall does + bonuses, but only if you're currently in a flying morph" and merge them. And let's not even get into the academic and professional skills (i.e. a doctor-type character needing Academic: Biology, Academic: Biochemistry, Medicine: General Practice, Medicine: Paramedic, Medicine: Trauma, and Profession: Medical Care)

Also, lets not forget traits, and how the system incentivizes picking ones that will never inconvenience you to get free bonus points.
>>
>>50903175
>"you are currently fighting fifty laser-spewing deathbots while standing in a minefield and unable to use any of your powers."
I
FUCKING
HATE
NULLIFIERS
>>
>>50909324
We all do, bro. Every Rhino, every Valkyr, every Loki, everyone else too.
>>
>>50909324
>>50909469
>Combas
>>
THe only problems I have with warframe tabletop as a whole is the idea that warframe is a continual improvement thing.
like, yes you and your gear caps at level 30, but then you apply a forma to it, and unlike Mythic Campaigns where you gain mythic levels, forma just resets you back to zero, but all those missions are still completed
so like, what, are you meant to level your character up over a campaign where the final reward is always 3 forma and a shitload of Endo? do you just keep your warframe over multiple campaigns?
or does forma not exist in the tabletop? are we just limited in what mods exist? are the mods different altogether? can we upgrade them?
what about relics and primes? will players have to farm those? that sounds boring as shit in a tabletop
and what about handling dominant strategies like Loki being nigh on invincible due to invisibility, rhino being nigh on invincible due to iron skin, or ember being able to complete an entire exterminate mission by just hitting 3 and running
and most importantly
will there be no noncombat fluff? no walking through steel meridian encampments to meet with dubious traders, or meeting with grizzled, Jotun Frosts brandishing a tonbo atop a mountain of dead corpus in the howling snowstorm on Venus for a request of patronage, Or a campaign to overthrow new loka space hitlers?
theres so much to consider, and outside the core idea, I don't think you could feasibly do a Warframe tabletop.
unless you really boiled it down to its very core. maybe.
>>
>>50903580

You best not be talking shit about best girl fuckface
>>
>>50909587
he wasn't talking about Nyx so its all Ok
>>
>>50909078
Trap options should have died with 3.5 and Exalted.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.