[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warframe TTRPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 45

File: 2436963-warframe.jpg (86KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2436963-warframe.jpg
86KB, 960x960px
All memes aside. The Warframe universe and aesthetic is aces for a sci fi setting and i'm surprised that no one's tried to port it to a ruleset or make one themselves.
>>
The big thing IMO is figuring out how you want to interpret the setting.

On the one hand, you could go hard on the stealth/ninja aspects, with an almost Shadowrun-esque system of extensive preparation, using various means of infiltration to get in, complete the objective and get out, with combat something you're proficient in but not something you want to use needlessly.

Or you go full on batshit space Wuxia and run it in something like Legends of the Wulin. I tend to prefer the latter, but both are legitimately interesting ways you could use the setting.
>>
>>50851111

Well quads anon, I think Wuxia in space is probably the most common way people play the game.

People only did stealth on Rescue and Spy missions.

That said, Legends of the Wulin is a very... hard to grasp system. I mean its easy, but its hard.
>>
>>50851137

Yeah, but it's a question of how literally you take the actual gameplay. The fluff of Tenno as elite operatives and assassins is kinda at odds with the 'go into direct combat with entire armies' thing, and it could be an interesting way to go about a game.

And yeah, LotW is kind of a clusterfuck. I love the system but good god I wish the editing of the core book wasn't so utterly dreadful.
>>
>>50851145

The Tenno are warriors par excellence. Trained to the fullest with all weapons, and all battlefields. In a stand alone fight, they rarely have equals, which is why their foes tend to try to drown them in numbers.

Which in turn is why they use stealth often, Its efficient. and for all their flair and skill, efficiency is important.
>>
File: 4e634765badd88fb2ccc78e865ee39ed.jpg (236KB, 1024x1557px) Image search: [Google]
4e634765badd88fb2ccc78e865ee39ed.jpg
236KB, 1024x1557px
>>
File: Operator Suits.png (926KB, 1210x543px) Image search: [Google]
Operator Suits.png
926KB, 1210x543px
>>50851625
>>
>>50851091
>The Warframe universe and aesthetic is aces for a sci fi setting

Explain to me why Warframe would be a good TTRPG WITHOUT talking about combat. Why would you want to get into the roleplaying aspect of this setting? What would character interactions be like? How would you interact with NPCs and the setting at large? How would it offer a stimulating roleplaying experience?
>>
>>50851780

Divisive space politics between fragmented remnants of humanity, some clinging to the old ways, others putting their faith in profit or power, others trying to find a new way to live and be happy in a dangerous, unstable solar system.

The panhuman drama behind and beyond the Tenno's exploits is something the game doesn't touch on but I think there's enough there to make it interesting.
>>
>>50851091
retcon the potato children
>>
>>50852044

Why? A lot of people got mad over it, but I quite liked the reveal.
>>
>>50851091
The problem is that there really isn't enough clearly stated lore. This universe has lots of potential, but the devs don't even seem particularly interested in exploring it.
>>
>>50852088

That's what makes it perfect for an RPG, to me.

I hate it when everything about a setting is defined, as a player and a GM. A large part of the fun of an RPG is letting your imagination work within the rules and themes of the setting. Good RPG setting design is all about creating evocative examples and cool concepts while leaving plenty of grey areas between the defined bits to let GMs have room to work with.
>>
>>50852121
Yes, definitely, but you need some kind of frame to build on. In Warframe we know pretty much nothing about the universe really. We know almost nothing about history, veeery little about factions, nothing about technology etc. They gave us cool looking things, but never bothered explaining them in any way. You would basically have to invent everything yourself, which is I guess ok if you just want to play/run a session, but would be really troublesome for writing a complete system.
>>
>>50852221

No? There's quite a bit on all of those things. It's not explicitly stated, but there are lore writeups and summaries that put together quite a lot of information on all of those things.
>>
>>50851091
Just refluff PF.
>>
>>50852578

My fucking *god* hope you aren't serious with this bullshit.
>>
A lot of Warframe is about traversal and movement, and few games make a big deal out of traversal and movement beyond grid-based combat. I know a few people who have tried to mod the /tg/ homebrew VeloCITY to accomodate Warframe's aesthetics, since movement and combat is freeform and flowing in that system.
>>
>>50852600
Well PF is about big heroes doing big heroic things, and they have special feats and features unavailable to other classes.
So yeah, just refluff PF.
>>
>>50852830

No. Holy crap good fucking god no.

I hope you're a troll, but it's all too possible you aren't because people still perpetuate that stupid fucking idea, even after repeated examples of trying to adapt the 3.PF formula to other genres being a total clusterfuck.

It doesn't help that Paizo are doing the exact same stupid shit with fucking Starfinder. God, it's the worst.
>>
Well you'd have to retcon out Operators to begin with.
>>
>>50853190

Why?
>>
>>50853202

Because they're a shit idea.
>>
>>50853210

Do you have an argument, or is that purely an expression of opinion? I like the Operators, I think they fit nicely with the lore and humanise the Tenno in a way that makes running an RPG with them actually easier.
>>
>>50853190
>>50853210
No you wouldn't, your personal dislike of that particular lore item does not make it a necessity to remove it. They are not a shit idea, it actually makes sense taken in the context of the world.
>>
>>50851091
What about a non-Tenno focused game?
>>
>>50853252

That could be interesting. Agents of one of the various Syndicates perhaps.
>>
>>50853259
>This mission starts.
>The tenno leads into a side room.
>Says wait there for a few minutes, they'll be back.
>Ten minutes later you get a massage from HQ congratulating you on helping the tenno complete the mission flawlessly.
>>
File: SRGKYVW.png (2MB, 1759x1612px) Image search: [Google]
SRGKYVW.png
2MB, 1759x1612px
Im just here to say that Mesa a best
>>
>>50853390

I want to fuck that Warframe
>>
File: 1469054119816.jpg (183KB, 961x751px) Image search: [Google]
1469054119816.jpg
183KB, 961x751px
>>50853402
insufficient THICC
>>
File: 75e.gif (2MB, 314x177px) Image search: [Google]
75e.gif
2MB, 314x177px
i think someone tried to do a Legends of the Wulin Port once.
>>
>>50853572

Fatframes
>>
This is the game with the butts, isn't it?
>>
>>50854197
i mean it has butts. but most games do.
>>
>>50851091
S T I L L I N B E T A
>>
File: warfarm.png (2MB, 1665x1725px) Image search: [Google]
warfarm.png
2MB, 1665x1725px
>>50853216
>>50853219
Not that guy, but there are a few issues with it. Being a separate entity from your warframe removes a lot of the stakes and danger from the equation. Doesn't matter if you die since you're not really there, you're just puppeting a biotech shell. This in turn conflicts with earlier lore where Lotus specifically mentions warframes such as Mirage and Limbo being permanently killed. It also clashes with the eastern philosophy themes in the game, by making you separate from your weapon when you ought to be one with it.

War Within fixes some of these issues by letting you inhabit your warframe. Tenno still end up being children, which seems a little bit limiting to me in terms of character concepts since I'd really rather play somebody like Teshin, but it's a step forward.
>>
>>50854197

Symbiote-covered thick
>>
>>50854260
Also it completely kills the drama with Valkyr. Tortured Frankensteinian abomination was a good motif, and it raised interesting questions about the nature of the Tenno and the Warframes. Now that those questions are answered it just seems kinda dumb. Oh no, this disposable meat puppet got experimented on. What a tragedy.
>>
>>50854312

Well, if you consider that it happened before the revelation, it means an operator was forced to experience all that torture first hand.

And given that the frames themselves do seem to have a semblance of 'personality', actually operating a Valkyr might be an unsettling experience, the frame permanently tainted with that rather brutal origin.
>>
>>50854227
Not anymore actually. They finally took the word "Beta" out of the title.
>>
>>50854260
Yeah, that's why The Matrix is such a shit movie, where's the danger if you aren't really there?
>>
>>50854401

Except the operator would and does survive the death of the shell, you thick fuck.
>>
>>50854424

If they're woke to know the sever the Transference link maybe, but what about the dreamers that don't realize the frame isn't a real boy?
>>
The operators not being able to die honestly feels like a good thing to me. Death is often a cheap consequence anyway.

It lets you focus more on the cost of failure. After all, in an RPG you can't just retry after a wipe. You lose your opportunity to hunt down the boss, the information is lost, the prisoner is executed or successfully interrogated, etc.
>>
>>50854260
>This in turn conflicts with earlier lore where Lotus specifically mentions warframes such as Mirage and Limbo being permanently killed.

Not really. It's strongly implied that the Warframes the Tenno use are homunculae based of some primordial Warframe. The original Warframe can die.
>>
>>50854260
I'll admit there are some flaws, but it's not shit, it's just flawed which isn't inherently a bad thing, just means there's room for improvement.
>>
>>50854498
Nevermind it's fucking retarded to expect death to have value in an MMO hacknslash where you can LITERALLY come back to life by shoving some money into your screen.
>>
>>50851091
> canonically 12 year old kids acting out a power fantasy
> aces
sure
>>
>>50854517

Uh. More like ageless neotenic psychics, but sure?
>>
>>50854515
m80 pay attention to patches, revives got changed from 4/day to 4/mission, and no more buying more with plat
>>
>>50854515
Right, but that's game mechanics. It doesn't make the lore have any less stakes if death is a thing.

I mean, you don't see WoW characters respawning at the nearest cemetery, do you?
>>
>>50854517
more like 13-16 physically, actual age undetermined, but yeah, and what's so wrong with that?
>>
>>50854543
>>50854527

its been at least 500+ years.
>>
I think we all know the real reason 4chan hates the operators.

______________too old_____________
>>
>>50854601
Hahaha, Pure Gold anon Pure Gold
>>50854576
Yeah, could be more, lore is still not clear.
>>
>>50854601
they should have at least been actual cripples
>>
>>50852830

>A game with a lot of focus on intense, fast-paced melee combat and gunplay
>Anything like "you will stand in your five-foot square and LIKE IT, non-wizard" Pathfinder

Being able to fight like a Tenno in a tabletop setting would, to me, include holding up Pathfinder's entire combat chapter and firearm rules, writing down "don't do ANY OF THIS," and setting the rules on fire for good measure.
>>
>>50855070
How about ___4e___?
>>
>>50855123
Maybe if you use monk as a baseline, that thing is hella mobile.
>>
>>50855139
>>50855123

That and maybe thief.

If grid based is fine with the group, I'd personally run it in Strike!
>>
File: 1456949568.gif (947KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1456949568.gif
947KB, 450x253px
>>50851091
>The Warframe universe and aesthetic is aces for a sci fi setting

Also butts.
>>
>>50851091
Yea for some reason Warframe seems to fly under the radar for a lot of people; maybe because its a free to play game.
>>
You dont need to make rules every fucking time you play a videogame or see a tv show, its autistic
>>
>>50855300
t. Freeform RPer
>>
>>50855300
You know what? there are literally FOUR threads right now on the front page that are "how can I make this shitty thing I just saw for the first time into a tabletop game"

Its not creative
>>
>>50855340
>how can I adapt an IP into a playable tabletop game format and run games in the setting
>not creative
I like DnD too, anon, but sometimes you gotta branch out a bit
>>
>>50855340

here's your (you) good sir! Spend it wisely.
>>
>>50851091
May you slide eternal, shiny and prime.
>>
>>50855378
Its not creative because its the same thing every 10-15 year old reddit user does with every animu and cartoon they watch.
>>
>>50855196
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>50852044
No.
>>
>>50855489

green is not a creative color
>>
>>50855488
witnessed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrSdhkCrZvw
>>
File: 931453385cbd5f4f9d2353611c604c46.jpg (128KB, 1121x713px) Image search: [Google]
931453385cbd5f4f9d2353611c604c46.jpg
128KB, 1121x713px
So lets start compling what we know about warframes, tenno and the orokin so that we have something to work off of.

--spoilers ahead---

First off.

Warframes

Surrogate combat bodies delevoped for use for the tenno. They are accessed and controlled through a method called Transference. Transference allows someone to put their consciousness into a new form using void technologies. Tenno, being partially void creatures, can do this with little risk to themselves. Humans besides the Tenno can do this as well, However it requires immense mental concentration and is physically draining. In addition there is an extreme risk of the process leaving you completely divorced from your original body, either trapping your contentiousness in the new body, or in somewhere completely different. This also can distort one's viewpoint and memories, as with regular dreaming, and extended periods of Transference can leave you thinking your original body never existed.

(This is implied to be what happened to the Stalker. being a "Low Soldier" that gained access to a warframe via a Somatic link until he got stuck in it, forgetting mostly who he was.)

Warframes are made from a surrogate human host, encased in a infested frame molded with metal and other materials.
>>
>>50855951
>mag going magneto
my dick
>>
File: wallhaven-51579.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-51579.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: warframe_by_exaxuxer-d8g248g.jpg (147KB, 966x828px) Image search: [Google]
warframe_by_exaxuxer-d8g248g.jpg
147KB, 966x828px
>>50855951

What we know about

The Tenno.

The children of Zariman Flight 10-0 are the results of an "accident" involving void travel. The entire ship was shunted into the void for an extended period of time, all the adults on board went insane, however the children became acclimated to the void's terrible energies. The learned to harness the void to a rudimentary degree in order to survive.

When the Orokin "Rescued" the children their powers were extremely unstable, and barely controllable in real space. So the Archimedian Margulis had the Tenno put into Somatic stasis pods with and allowed the Tenno to have surrogate bodies that could focus and control their abilites, albiet to a lesser degree. All memories of the Zariman Incident were wiped from their minds, as well as any records of its, or the children's existence. The less of a chance they had of remembering the horrible events they faced, the more likely they could be controlled and harnessed to fight the invading force from beyond the outer terminus, The Sentient.

They spent a great amount of time warring with the sentient. Long enough to form clans, schools of thought and traditions, and most importantly, long enough they were even children at all.

This Campaign against the Sentient continued until the final victory. The tenno were then gathered before the Seven Silent Emperors of the Orokin to be honored, For reasons unknown, they rebelled. killing the Emperors. This triggered the start of The Collapse of the Orokin Empire.
>>
File: PEnmaqM.jpg (762KB, 1666x2251px) Image search: [Google]
PEnmaqM.jpg
762KB, 1666x2251px
>>
>>50851137
>Wuxia in space is probably the most common way people play the game.
Probably because the stealth mechanics are anemic.
>>
>>50852236
>There's quite a bit on all of those things
No, there is not.
>>
>>50863725
I wouldn't say anemic. It exists, it's functional. It's just grotesque and best ignored.
>>
>>50853219
>your personal dislike of that particular lore item does not make it a necessity to remove it.
It does exactly that in the context of this thread
>>
>>50863930
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78l8jQ0PKSU
This is what a stealth mission looked like a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXb8C42XJ8s
>>
>>50855225
Because it's bad.
>>
>>50855378
No it's not creative it's the first thought of anyone who plays PnP whenever they find a new thing they like.
>>
>>50863930
>It exists, it's functional. It's just grotesque and best ignored.
Warframe in a nutshell.
>>
>>50864173
What's maddening is that Warframe is one of the only modern games with the aesthetic it has. High-flying melee combat and gunplay in space isn't really done by anyone else right now.
>>
I think it might be easier and more interesting to have it so that you play as basically anything that's not the tenno or the sentients.
Like a joint operation of grineer, corpus, and maybe even infested or a stalker against tenno or sentients.
>>
>>50864164
>Now let us all agree to never be creative again.
>>
>>
>>50851091
Right, Lets actually do some fucking work here! lets start by...

>>50864845
well fuck.
>>
>>50854189
Fat in all the right places ;·
>>
>>50851091
>no one's tried to port it to a ruleset or make one themselves.

I tried. Gave up when it came to statting fucking everything, as you can see. I also played a short adventure using VeloCITY; it works surprisingly well as-is and I recommend trying it.
>>
>>50864911
>I also played a short adventure using VeloCITY; it works surprisingly well as-is and I recommend trying it.
Can you explain further?
>>
>>50864845

This is confusing as all hell. Why the hell are the core mechanics back in chapter 8 and 10?

You're using 1d100 for skill checks, but your using 1d20 for combat?
>>
>>50864926
Assuming you mean how we used the system. Blue Sky was also skeptical when I said the system worked pretty much as-is.

The stats pretty much cover everything a Tenno would need, except for computers and hacking. We ended up rolling it into Acumen, because as it's presented by the game it's a rapid-paced puzzle, and we weren't sure much how to use it otherwise. Still not sure about the validity of that from a balance/design point of view.

For Movement and stuff like that, rather than giving Tenno ridiculous numbers and risk breaking the system, we gave everyone else really low numbers, and just accepted in our mental pictures that the scale was simply different.

Finally, where guns are concerned, on page 61 it says:
>(except for
guns and the like – those attacks not influenced directly by stats will have a flat result value attached
to them instead of a stat to roll)
Sooo we just statted out the guns everyone built against a baseline damage (which we typically gave to the enemies). And then as it says in Equipment you just give them Perks and Penalties, like a machine gun having really low damage but every consecutive round it ramps up significantly.

Hard to remember the small stuff anymore since that was at least a couple years ago, though. Did that help any?
>>
>>50865068
Sounds fair. There's been a major new update to the system last month. Would that make running Warframe any cleaner?
>>
>>50865089
I guess I missed it, and if he made a thread it's down now. You'd probably have to judge for yourself.
>>
>>50865089
Not him, but got a download for that?
>>
File: VeloCITY 13.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
VeloCITY 13.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50865127
You can always find the latest version of the document on the 1d4chan page (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/VeloCITY).

I'll just go ahead and post it again here, since it's small enough to fit on 4chan again. The biggest change is to the stats system, as that has rammifications across the rest of the rules. Start there, and everything else will make sense.
>>
>>50865126
>>50865127
>>50865157
In fact, I'll just give you the abridged version of the big change from the last thread.
>Strength, Agility, Balance and Grit are now known as movement stats and are directly tied and synchronized to their respective core stat (Body, Speed, Mind, and Soul respectively). Upgrading the core stat automatically upgrades the movement stat.
>With the new substat vacancies, there are four new substats to take their place.
>>BODY - Resilience: The damage resistance stat, separate from Stamina
>>BODY - Brawl: The dedicated melee to-hit stat, separate from Coordination
>>SPEED - Stealth: Self-explanatory
>>SPEED - Larceny: Less-than-legal skills, like breaking-and-entering, pickpocketing, sleight-of-hand, etc.

Now being a bio-enhanced space super-ninja should be even easier.
>>
>>50852044
This. I liked the idea that they were these Posthuman beings and it was legit interesting, then they dropped that retarded bombshell and it became literally the plot to some shitty mecha anime, angsty teenage pilots and everything.
>>
>>50854984
They should have been cute grills
>>
>>50865220

to be techncial, every single human being in the warframe universe is posthuman.
>>
File: fe9.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
fe9.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>50851091
>>50864911
>>50864845

Okay,

if we're going to do this, then we better do it right.
Here's the initial questions we need to consider.

First and foremost, What feel should the game have?

So far the vote has been High flying action.
-----

Next up, When are we putting "The Setting?"

Are we doing The Sentient War? The First Awakening? Post-Second Dream? Post War-Within? Have options available for all of them?

In this instance, i'm assuming that the players would be Tenno.
------ ---------- ---------------- ------------

Finally, the system.
I personally feel that the system should be more narrative than crunchy. Where describing your character doing something a certain way should have a tangible effect on how that action plays out. "I hit him with my Skana" vs "I rush directly at him, attempting to push my Skana straight through his guard."

Do we use d20? Hits and successes 1d10s? d6s? Rivers and Lakes d10s? d100 percentiles?
>>
>>50865543
I'd argue D100s, it's easier to know quickly what you need to roll under/above if tests are all based on a percentage stat.
>>
File: 9e6.gif (2MB, 482x373px) Image search: [Google]
9e6.gif
2MB, 482x373px
>>50865543

First off... Would Rivers and Lakes work outside of Legends of the Wulin?

For the Unitiatiated, Rivers and Lakes is kinda like percentile only you have a dice pool and you roll to find matching numbers. The number of dice you can match is the "Tens" spot, and the actual facing number is the "Ones." then add modifiers

Secondly i cast my vote for between The First Awakening, and the Second Dream.
>>
>>50863930
>>50864173
That's my main issue about Warframe, well except for repetitiveness and heavy grinding. They had lots of good ideas, but they just couldn't do them right. Enemies are either so weak that there is no point in using stealth since you can get trough them with one hand behind your back anyway, or there is so many of them that stealth won't really work for long.
>>
>>50865543
I think we really should focus on how things should theoretically look like instead of how they look like in game. I mean, tenno should focus mostly on stealth and sabotage and the system should reflect that instead of making them superpowered killing machines.
>>
What about a game where you're actually in your frame doing those missions and there's a real risk of failure?
>>
>>50865895
That's fine but it's going to favour certain frames a lot more over others. Reminder that some frames can literally turn invisible while some have the superpower of just exuding toxic gas.

It would have to account for them all I think.
>>
I still think LotW is the best fit for the mix of action and combat. The abstract movement system works well for allowing a lot of mobility without much complexity, and the combat side of the system is unsurpassed in any other game I've played.
>>
>>50860547
>Tenno
>10-0
is that really how they justified the name Tenno?
isn't Tenno literally just japanese for 'emperor'?
>>
>>50865977

Tenno is a reference to a lot of things, including the protagonist of their previous game/spiritual predecessor to Warframe.
>>
>>50866011
i know it's a reference to Hayden from dark sector, but what bugs me about warframe lore in general is that a lot of it is actually better kept vague and mysterious, and almost every time there's some revelation and clarification, it kind of feels a letdown, because they usually decide on some poorly thought out idea.
>>
>>50860547
IIRC the Tenno rebelled because Margulis, a mother-figure to the Tenno, was executed.
>>
>>50865572
Unless there's something more to the % system, it's pointless busywork compared to a single d10 90% of the time.
>>
>>50865977
Literal meaning is 'of the heavens', 'pertaining to the heavens' or 'celestial', and it worked bloody well enough without needing an explanation.
>>
>>50865543
Git ye GURPS and make the Warframes work like they do in game with Biotech, plus actually differentiate the characters' skills with different methods of combat and technologies. Then build each Warframe as a bioroid the Tenno (and only the Tenno: its easy to make this a part of a race template, while also allowing the operator to operate on their own and expand their Warp powers) can then Possess.

Memes aside, GURPS wrote the goddamn book on playing this kind of game. Several, in fact.
>>
>>50866401

GURPS always seemed much better for grounded, realistic games to me. Its granularity and degree of detail is more a hindrance than an asset when you're going for something more over the top and dramatic.
>>
>>50866034
>>50866362
then you get this sort of lore, which contradicts a lot of what exists, like grineer sentinels
>On the border of chartered space, an enclave of small, strange, seemingly intelligent creatures was discovered by Tenno explorers. They are mechanical entities, almost organic in appearance, with a precarious resemblance to the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilization. Howevere, these creatures showed no signs of aggression, and they immediately began carrying out helpful tasks in peculiar alliance with the Tenno.
>>
File: latest[1].png (844KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
844KB, 1024x684px
>>50866429
fuckmylackofpicture
>>
>>50866438

Despite it not being particularly useful I still love the Dethcube.
>>
>>50864256
But american soldier shoots russians is such a safe bet. Don't you want to be like that huge financial success, Dark Sector?
>>
>>50866411
It's as granular and detailed as you the GM make it, since it can go from a simplistic 'four stats, five broad skills, 3d6 roll under with maybe one modifier' to 'same four stats, several hundred specific skills and minor but important advantages, gear that takes a paragraph to get the gist of with nine kinds of ammo for your sidearm, 3d6 roll under but remember rain, air friction, motion, this actin you took two rounds ago and that the guy's an Aquarius whie you are Pisces.'

Regardless of this, I'd take it over any other system simply for having actual books, that being Biotech, Ultratech and Powers, that can provide meaningful mechanical underpinnings for the crazy shit rather than relying on minute to minute GM fiat.
>>
>>50866460

I tend to just prefer effects based systems. Give me a lot of interesting ways to do stuff, leave the 'why' up to fluff. Legends of the Wulin can better emulate the combat in Warframe without needing to really care about the why.
>>
>>50866475
'Mechanical underpinnings' refers to having a rules reference broad enough to differentiate between abilities with similar effects, rather than 'the why'. But sure.
>>
I'd do it in Strike! and just not give a fuck. Classes are your Tenno, Roles as your loadout. Possibly do a skill list if you want, but probably more like picking 1-2 tricks (turning invisible, remote hacking, stuff like that).

Strike! only works if you don't care about the MMO grindan and lootan stuff (there's basically no equipment list as of now), and is more focused on direct combat than stealth. Liking grid-based tactics is also a bonus. I think this is more conductive to playing a multi-player team game, where the characters have unique talents and approaches than doing stealth; I just expect that to get relatively boring. Although, handling it as a tweaked Team Challenge could work.

LotWL sounds great, but as far as I remember it didn't handle team combat as well (basically, the game sorta expects you to pair off), and needs some refluffing, and is generally a sorta complicated and involved system; which is okay, because it IS quite nice for ascended kung-fu action.

I'm reading VeloCITY right now, and it's interesting. If you want to focus on the high mobility of the Tenno, it could work pretty well.
>>
>>50866500

Legends of the Wulin is okay in group vs group fights, but it's not its speciality.

It's exceptionally good for duels, but it's also pretty damn good for group versus single opponent, which'd work for the boss battles in Warframe.

Its mechanics for minions also make fighting off large numbers of weaker enemies quite mechanically simple, and you could even fold it together with non-combat challenges. Set up a mission with a start zone, an objective zone and an end zone, make getting between them the objective, while fighting the minions along the way is just a matter of getting past the obstacles rather than really gaining anything by killing them.
>>
>>50851091
Why not use Dark Heresy 2? they are basically assasinorum. Plus, investigation mechanics and the like are covered in the DH2 books
>>
This seems like a cool idea.
>>
>>50866525
Most of your opponents are best left as just Masses of people and should only be treated as singular beings if that particular one is a leader, or if you are in way over your head.

>>50865543
>>50865895
Stealth can be an asset to any tenno, but its only the first bullet, not the entire arsenal.
>>
>>50865173
>>50865157
Is it okay if I ask a VeloCITY question here? I just read the PDF.

If I read it correctly, you gain Style by banking in degrees of success (i.e. by 5 you beat DCs by).

But, harder tricks have harder DCs. So the right way to build style is to do easy tricks. Am I right, or am I missing something?
>>
>>50871561
To an extent. If you pass easy tests by significant margins, it's the extra score you can bank in Style. A common tactic that cropped up is to do a string of relatively basic tricks, then end the routine with a Style-powered super trick. It's not unlike real routines if you think about it.
>>
>>50871597
One of the new rules in the latest update is a cap on your Style, to avoid abusing the tactic to an extreme extent.
>>
>>50871597
>>50871614
Hmm, I guess. Games usually expect you to vary your approach (repeating the same trick nets you less points), so you can't just do like 20 ollies in a row... But I guess it's probably not a problem in a game where you can describe a DC 15-20 trick in any way you please. Still, that makes the trick DCs in the middle (not your "top" score when you cash out, and not your lowest) sorta pointless.
>>
>>50871694
The assumption is that you always take the biggest result from a test.
>>
I can think of an immediate way of doing it using Anima: Beyond Fantasy. Use Ki techniques (Custom of course) 4 per character at any given time. Ki already basically works like energy. Boom. Yer done kid.
>>
>>50874680
We've already got a couple suggested systems already. LotW if you want the full wuxia experience, VeloCITY if you want the free-flowing movement and combat among other things.
>>
File: urqzmr.webm (491KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
urqzmr.webm
491KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: sbtlku.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sbtlku.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>50865543
>>50865649
>>50865572
>>50870211

Right so what i'm getting from you all is that For a good warframe game, Steath should be major part of the game, but we'd also like very flashy Wuxia high flying type combat and other action with plenty of movement or at least the illusion of movement.

I also see that Precentile 1d100 was the only thing that got voted for. so i guess we'll start with that.

We've had a couple votes to build for a feel, just when the Tenno wake up, but before the Second Dream.
>>
>>50878295
>>50876972

Are Warframes for sexual?
>>
File: bow2.gif (2MB, 397x553px) Image search: [Google]
bow2.gif
2MB, 397x553px
>>50878332

warframes are not for sexual. They belong to a proud warrior clan of aged masters... trapped in hormonal teenage bodies.
>>
>>50851780

Pretty much the same as Eclipse Phase really, except you're the only ones with the transhuman tech, and replace the TITANs- actually don't, the Sentients are a stand-in for them.

Add some horrible space nazis too.
>>
>>50878358
>proud warrior clan

So basically the same as elves TOTALLY NOT BEING FOR SEXUAL GUYS.
>>
>>50865220

Psychic Teleoperation is a great way to retain pilot experience despite extremely dangerous missions.
>>
>>50865397

Mine is... *cough*
>>
>>50878358

I want to cum inside that ancient master.
>>
>>50878396

Seeing as they're made from infested flesh, metal and void stuff; Its a bad idea to stick your dick in one.
>>
>>50865895

Ah yes, Rhino. He disguises himself as part of the landscape, I suppose.
>>
>>50878295
A good Warframe game should ostensibly offer opportunities for stealth, but when the time comes for full-blown combat, it should immediately and consistently come across that the Tenno is a proverbial god of war, the one-man invincible wrecking crew, for whom one is equal to an army of any other force.
>>
File: tumblr_njj6qyvms91syectlo1_500.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njj6qyvms91syectlo1_500.gif
2MB, 420x314px
>>50878429
>>50878381
>>50878332

Ladies, restrain yourselves untill we can get a core mechanic going.
>>
File: qkdoxh.gif (8MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
qkdoxh.gif
8MB, 640x360px
Okay a d100 system where actions and results dramatically change depending on how you describe how you do it.

So some sort of bastardized hybrid of the Dark Heresy Core Mechanic and Legends of the Wulin.

I think this might work.
>>
>>50852044
>the nightmare hellspace of the void literally turned you into a fucking monster
>now you have awoken to wage war against those that upset the balance or fucking whatever give me prime parts and wraith event weapons
SHIT YES

>the second dream patch
>GET IN THE WARFRAME SHINJI
goddammit fuck everything
>>
File: HqoJm0J.gif (4MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
HqoJm0J.gif
4MB, 720x480px
>>50879299

Well Transference CAN be done by normal humans. Its just unbelievably taxing, requires immense mental concentration and you can end up with your entire consciousness stuck somewhere it shouldn't be.

For example a certain "low soldier" using Transference to become The Stalker. He's stuck in that body, and that's why he retreats every time you defeat him.
>>
The ttrpg would absolutely have to bridge the gap between dark sector and warframe. If you guys seriously enjoy warframe, you NEED to have played dark sector.

Frames aren't just meat puppets, they were people. At least they started that way. Warframe is secretly a body horror and exploding those elements would be deep, dark, and incredibly introspective and existential.
>>
>>50879401

Well phone poster, i regret to inform you that Dark Sector is no longer canon...

That said, you are right, all warframes are built around a purposely infested surrogate human... Which is why most warframes can be considered to have a personality.
>>
>>50851091
Use L5R. It's already about weirdly specific oaths and samurai in an anachronistic environment being weirdly effective because of narrative importance; Roll and keep works well for this sort of thing, too.

Guns are even weirdly ineffective half the time, meaning that it's likely enough your enemies can be full of them and the space ninja will still win. Switch around how you learn powers and maybe add some more potential for mods instead of leveling up andyou're good.
>>
>>50879420
They can call it non canon all they want, Hayden Tenno is the REASON you're called a Tenno in the first place. It's a family line. I'll let go of my head canon when they start changing names.
>>
>>50879430
But, the space ninjas use guns too. Lots of them, in fact. Most of what they use is scavenged from space.
>>
>>50879401
The devs changed their minds. The frames are just nightmare meat puppets with the vague potential for action, but they're basically drones being piloted by small children.
>>
>>50879436
They're call Tenno because of the Zariman 10-0, in common parlance 0 is often called O 10-0 =Ten-O = Tenno, you can keep it in your fanon all you want doesn't make it true.
>>
>>50879467
Then why aren't they the tennull?
>>
>>50879446
Yeah, but thematically, there's a lot of weight behind melee weapons. Almost all of the ads and the intros for warframes use melee weapons, and such.

It's not too hard to re-balance for the weapons anyways, and guns don't use the weapon styles so melee weapons getting special style rules makes sense.
>>
>>50879447
The original frames were people, the current frames are just meat puppets.
>>
>>50879476
It was a civilian ship, and nothing suggest the scientists who Made the Somatic Link were military, just high level government scientists.
>>
Fucking dropped. They got rid of the only thing that made the plot half way worth slogging through. Fuck warframe, dark sector a best
>>
>>50879467
that's fucking retarded
in that case they might as well just be call the Zarimen
>>
Potato children make perfect sense when you remember that the Orokin seem to have been the dickiest dicks to ever dick around.

They just decided to get a bit meta and dick us around rather than just the origin system.
>>
File: warframelunaro1.jpg (56KB, 620x310px) Image search: [Google]
warframelunaro1.jpg
56KB, 620x310px
Yall are idiots, you shouldn't be trying to make Warframe into a TTRPG, you should be porting

LUNARO!
>>
>>50880092
is that still a thing?
did it ever even achieve being a thing?
>>
File: Tennooperator.png (428KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tennooperator.png
428KB, 1024x1024px
the starchild shit can't be salvaged
the operator thing sort of can

replace them with sensei-type old decrepit monk operators that can't actually teleport out of their warframes and shoot beams at shit, but used to be hot shit back in the early/pre-orokin days

the warframes themselves are the source of their powers, not the operators channeling their powers through them

the operators exist as handlers, since the tennocyte virus drives subjects insane from the pain and dysmorphia of having your body being literally overwritten and mutated.

the operators see themselves as the whole "we're not controlling them, we're merely showing them the path, they would be rampaging animals without us"

Whether you as the player play as the warframe or the tenno operator is ambiguous.

Building fresh warframes requires more than just the blueprints that dictate the tennocyte how to grow, you need a viable subject for the tennocyte to convert, which is why you're usually defending cryopods in defence missions.
Deep down, warframes still have the remains of the consciousness of the original subject, and in some rare cases their sanity may be redeemable if they had enough RESOLVE

Warframes that have escaped control/guidance of the tenno are the Umbra warframes, and they're not too happy about being controlled.
The Stalker might be an Umbra, but he might also be controlled by a rogue operator.

the lotus has tried to hide this from you so you don't see the walls of your cage.
>>
>>50880718
I actually really like this. You could expand upon this by becoming an Umbra warframe as the quests progress.
>>
I still don't see why people hate the Operators so much. I thought The Second Dream was really cool.
>>
>>50880769
revealing you were teens with superpowers kind of shat on the existing tone&feel of the game before that.
>>
>>50880802

It didn't really feel that way to me?

I also find it odd people keep describing them as kids/teenagers. They're physically underdeveloped but they're centuries old. There's no reason to assume they'd be at all childish, hormonal or whatever other negative qualities you associate with teens. It actually seemed a neat parallel to me, their physical weakness but mental/spiritual power explaining a lot about the warframes themselves.
>>
>>50878295
For movement, maybe something like "engaged / disengaged"

Less grid, more points based- Engaged with an enemy is when you're in melee range of them, disengaged is when you aren't in melee range of anyone. Since warframes are so fast, any action can take you to disengaged or engaged with anyone. Maybe do basic positioning if you want aoe powers to be more defined.

"Engage grineer mob, attack, disengage north, cast ice wave south which is aoe cone 2, which means I cast it, and it hits closest 2 enemiesin the angle of fire, which in this case is south cone.

While something like embers 3 would be aoe 4 radial, so hits closest 4 enemies in all directions
>>
>>50880830
they don't act old or wise at all, the lore for them says they came out of the void all scarred and crippled, but they're running about, teleporting and zapping stuff without a care in the world.
that and at least half their voice lines are pretty cringey and badly written.
>>
File: OperatorConcept.jpg (69KB, 981x568px) Image search: [Google]
OperatorConcept.jpg
69KB, 981x568px
>>50880718
There is nothing wrong with the space babies.
Fuck off with your gay ass shit.
>>
>>50881340
It's hard to make them look pretty, and none of the voices are great
>>
File: tnNNWeI[1].png (136KB, 230x267px) Image search: [Google]
tnNNWeI[1].png
136KB, 230x267px
>>50881340
>he actually likes and defends being a baby
>>
>>50851091
Wire-fu plus guns, and the occasional special power. Feng Shui 2?

Or maybe OVA Revised.
>>
>>50881369
Yes.
It's far better take on the operators than having them be some generic old dude master guys.
>>
>>50881340
possibly, but they pulled it outta ass, considering earlier lore.
Also concepts look way better than what we got with the potato kids
>>
>>50881594
https://youtu.be/Vd8g9wY7IwY?t=1107
it's really not though, it's a clusterfuck out of nowhere that crap on previous lore.
>>
>>50881615
I'd chalk that down to drawing being easier than 3d modelling.

What is everyone's favourite frame and how would you replicate is in TTRPG form? At the moment I'm pretty keen on Ivara
>>
>>50865977
Well, it really means Heavenly Superperson.
>>
>>50881683
The previous lore itself was a massive clusterfuck.
Also, why in the hell did Joe go about making the most hideous babby possible?

I made my one pretty qt looking.
>>
The Operator stuff exists to explain why you can swap frames beyond "because it's a video game." A TTRPG probably won't have frame swapping, though, so the Operators wouldn't be a vital narrative lynchpin.
>>
Turning the Tenno into old dudes is fucking dumb, just means that the Warframes become radio-controlled "Grineer".

The concept of 1000 year old "Akira" type psychic mutant-child soldiers thinking they're actually Xenomorph-cyborg-ninjas is just alien and fucked-up enough to fit the Warframes.

>lololol it's just an old kungfu master mindcontrolling a bio-robot
Yeah nah. That's too fucking simple, and certainly not horrifying enough.
>>
>>50882155
if they actually bothered to make them alien and strange enough instead of poorly modeled kids, make them actually scarred from the incident where they got their superpowers instead of running around carefree

or go even further and make them dune style navigators
>>
>>50882253

This. I expected fucked up child soldiers, I got mildly obnoxious teens.
>>
>>50882155
Yeah, I like the operators. Definitely not for everyone, but trying to please everyone makes for a very bland experience.

Besides, this lets me make up fun food based nicknames for those that are salty over being potatoes.
>>
>>50882253
>>50882485
Well, it's only logical that with such high quality visuals throughout the entire game and setting, they'd disappoint one day.

Yeah, I agree. But really - it doesn't bother me too much. Hopefully they'll add more scars and shite in a future update.

I'm hoping that we'll get something like Venom "Punished" Babysnake one day, big fucking scars. Hell, go all the way, maybe put in void scars where half the Operator's face is just gone, and replaced by a fucking void spirit face or whatever.
>>
>>50882486
I've got a chip on my shoulder
>>
i wish to be free of these binds
>>
>>50882628
Could that scenario even happen?
How would lotus react, other than REEEING like the sterile, child obsessed freak she is?
>>
>>50882584
Gravy. Just try not to mash it in our faces.

>>50882628
Oh, too late. He's smearing it all over.
>>
>>50882737
Since we aren't told a whole lot about how the warframes work, we're in the dark regarding what it'd take for one to gain sapience and independent agency.

But if one psychic kid can remote one, then presumably some other entity should be able to remote control it as well.

And the Lotus I imagine would try to figure out what happened and how to make sure that never, ever happens again.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>50882759
>>
>>50881683
>angry joe
>youtube
>internet
>other people
>the world around you
pleb
>>
>>50882737
>Red lights flashing on stark, white walls. Davis is running ahead of me, dropping his notes. We're running for our lives. The fear gives me a strange perspective - I'm out of my body. I've forgotten how I got here. I don't recognize this place.
>Davis and I slam pinned against a cell door and he shouts at me. I give him a dumb look. I can't hear him, the sirens, anything, only the muffled throb of terror in my head. I turn away from Davis down the hall and I see it. The hulking mass, flickering red, glinting like steel and fresh blood. Its skin changes, flowing like mercury when I'm blinded by the sudden muzzle-flashes. They do no good. The beast surges forward and the security men become crimson mist and gore.
>I'm a statue, a cornered animal. A gate opens inside me and recognition floods in. I have seen this monster before. I have cut its shell and eviscerated its brothers. I have given it pain and measured its response. I have crafted then rejected countless like it. But I've never seen this beast so close, without the shield, without restraints. I have never seen it... free.
>>
>>50880718
Ew...
>>
>>50882837
>I know I will die so I just watch with curious acceptance. The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth. It is watching me with vague eyes, a sense of recognition, ancestral memory. It knows who I am and what I've done. It rears up like a bear and roars, shattering the lights and casting us into darkness. I can hear it lumbering toward me, its metal fingers rending the walls, but I know I am dead. I close my eyes and stand ready to pay.
>I feel the pull on my arm and realize Davis got the cell open. He tugs me into the cell beyond and I fall on my back. I see Davis standing at the open door, waiting, as the monster tears towards us.
>Suddenly I could live through this I shout, "Davis, close the goddamn door!" - But he shakes his head eyes wide as moons. He shouts, "Watch!" over the roaring and rending of metal.
>Then silence. Davis is panting, laughing? The beast fills the doorway, inches from him, dripping in blood, but still without violence. It stands there, looking at its hands. Davis whispers, "No one would have believed me."
>I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?"
>"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?"
>Davis turns to me, a smile forming - "What's going on is..." he turns back to the beast now silent and calm.
>"...big, fat promotions."
>>
>>50882253
>>50882486

I came back for that new story quest

I wanted to kill my littleshit after an hour
>>
>>50882859
"the corpus are cowards hiding behind robotic proxies"
>>
File: SarynPrimeLarge.png (181KB, 270x464px) Image search: [Google]
SarynPrimeLarge.png
181KB, 270x464px
>>50881692
Statistically, I main Saryn as a support frame that softens up and distracts hoards for the rest of my dumb ass friends.
But in my heart, I am a berserker. Excalibur and Valkyr are my peanut butter and chocolate, and when properly modded their melee crits increase attack speed, and consecutive hits increase crit chance. On becomes an invulnerable wrecking ball, and the other a wall of instant death.

Now, stating them depends on heavily on the system, but I most certainly would make skills available to buff yourself through multiple successful attacks or kills.
Momentum is fun.
>>
>>50882871
I love that one. Through RNG message procs, my potato only ever shit talked the corpus. And boy, did she do it loudly and often.

/pol/tato is will live forever in my heart.
>>
>>50882859
I came back after they added Ordis.

I wanted to crash my littleship after an hour.
>>
>>50883105
there are specific checkboxes/volume sliders in Options that mute ordis and the operator.
>>
>>50883156
Yes. Yes there are.
>>
There has to be mechanics for coptering.
>>
File: b4fa070b6fe1[1].jpg (288KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
b4fa070b6fe1[1].jpg
288KB, 900x582px
>>50883063
remove corpusbab
>>
>>50884549
What's that? Do Grineer have tanks now?
>>
>>50883016
>Statistically, I main Saryn

HEALING FARTS
>>
File: invisibleloki.jpg (3KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
invisibleloki.jpg
3KB, 600x650px
LOKI MASTER RACE

LOKI MASTER RACE

YOU CAN'T SEE ME, MY TIME IS NOW
>>
File: 2b997efdaf3c[1].jpg (307KB, 1040x554px) Image search: [Google]
2b997efdaf3c[1].jpg
307KB, 1040x554px
>>50884822
no, it's sadly just a fan concept
>>
>>50880896
>>50881361
Voices? Hold on, I never really got far in Warframe, does it start having something more resembling an actual plot later on?
>>
>>50885067
yes
as the arguments in the thread highlight, the Second Dream quest is very... Divisive in the direction they take the plot
>>
>>50885067
the Natah quest starts the actual plot, and that's around Uranus/Neptune. It leads in to The Second Dream, which is the first quest with fancy cutscenes, and then come Sedna we have The War Within, our second quest with actual cutscenes. and a morality system that does nothing.
>>
>>50885122
fuck, I forgot they added the morality system with no explanation or anything more than a good/evil dial on your profile, no consequences whatsoever.
>>
>>50885156
eh, the new quest with the infested shits has it too iirc. It doesn't do anything yet, but knowing DE it will probably do something convoluted and stupid
>>
>>50883249
Coptering was dumb and I'm glad it is replaced with some actual mobility mechanics.
>>
>>50885121
>>50885122

Basically the moment they start the actual plot the whole game lore goes kaka
>>
I wonder what the actual age of the people that hate the Operator lore is.

In my opinion, most people that dislike the Operators are really young. As in, it disrupts their power fantasy. They don't want to be a sickly mutant teen. They want to be an old space badass. It rips them out of the power fantasy.
>>
>>50885907
>In my opinion and experience*

The clan I ran with was mostly people older than 25 so I never realised how divisive the Operator lore was. Most clan members thought it was surprising, or condescending in an amusing way.
>>
>>50885907
>running around as a magic teenager with superpowers and able to remote control a plethora of biodrones
>not a power fantasy
you're joking, surely?
>>
>>50886030
From what I've heard and read in the thread, the fact that the player controls the Warframes through some sickly teenager really pisses them off, so yeah, it's an anti-power fantasy to them.

They want either some ancient martial artist or a big buff space marine...
>>
>>50886131
they're not sickly in the slightest, the latest update let them teleport out of the warframe in combat and shoot beams from their hands and other magic powers.

if they were actually crippled and sickly and bound to the transference chair, I wouldnt mind operators, but they're not. A lot of the upset is probably from them stealing a lot of the focus from the warframes themselves, rather than some trashing of power fantasies, if anything they kind of boost the power fantasy angle.
>>
>>50885907
>>50886030
>>50886131
The Operator lore definitely sounds like a childish power fantasy, it's basically like a plot of a kids tv series or a crappy novel for teenagers. However, at the beginning the game seems to be a fuel for a completely different kind of power fantasy than it actually is, I think that's were the problem lies.
>>
>>50886269
>they don't look sickly in the slightest

Have you seen the various skins you can pick? That's not the skin for a healthy person. Nevermind that Operators can't even walk.

>teleporting out of the warframe

You fucking retard. That's not the actual Operator. That's just a fucking homonculus made out of void energy.
>>
>>50886344
>You fucking retard. That's not the actual Operator. That's just a fucking homonculus made out of void energy.
cite dat shit, where is this explained? are we talking post WarWithin where you're running about without a care in the world, or the briefly appearing active focus power where you psychicly shoot out waves of void power? then disappear into your frame again?

>Nevermind that Operators can't even walk.
you've not played war within, have you?
>>
>>50886344
I want you to log in, get to your lander, walk to your potatochild, activate transference, look at the empty chair, then pop back into your warframe and watch your potato get popped back into the chair.
>>
>>50886131
>>50886269

If the kid wasnt annoying then I wouldnt mind.

Why cant tenno just be corrupted humans who struggle with the balance I just fucking hate the kid thing.
>>
File: mffu1oc[1].png (2MB, 1140x818px) Image search: [Google]
mffu1oc[1].png
2MB, 1140x818px
>>50886344
>>50886437
>>50886460
here, I'll post a pic, they're not sickly cripples, they're not void homonculi, they actually teleport out of the warframes now
>>
>>50886131
>>50886567

>Tenno just pull out thats the Greinner queens ship
>LOL FUCK YOU LOTUS I GOT THIS
>OH NO I LOST MY FRAME WAAHH
>OH NO I LOST MY POWERS WAHHH
>LET ME FUCKING WALK AROUND THIS OLD ASS CAVE FOR AN HOUR
>YOUR CHOICES WILL IMPACT YOU IN ABOUT A YEAR OR 2 SO BE FREE TO SPECULATE

The fucking queen should have ate that little shit and I would not care who knew I would actually prefer a silent protagonist
>>
>>50886460
Oh they can walk now? Cool. still I can't play the game with all the money grabby shit DE has done with Endo, and the changes they did to how you acquire shit from the void.

>>50886567
I don't get why anybody gets pissy obout lore they didn't own and was barely formed before they started the plot stuff, most of the presumed lore was implications, and shit from Dark Sector when the game doesn't say shit about him and as I remember never did.
>>
>>50886609

That entire start of the quest I was tempted to turn off the game.

>TESHIN?!
>NO FUCK YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS
>>
File: 20161226163017_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161226163017_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
>>50886603
>default operator suit
P L E B
L
E
B

>>50886621
There was money grabby shit with endo? I don't recall anything like that. Also relics are loads better than keys for everything except being a moocher, and moochers are literal scum anyway.
>>
>>50886670
Yeah at least from my closed beta playing friends perspective and it's also twenty times more time consuming than the Cores were, it's bullshit.
>>
>>50886719
u wot?

I think your friend is a retard, Endo fusion is literally 'select mod, click + button until mod is at rank you want to fuse it to, push buttan to fuse (assuming you have enough endo)
>>
>>50886828
To get the Endo takes so much more time to get than Fusion cores, it also takes like 30'000 to get from rank 7 to 8 an more to get higher ranks, never mind that I had hundreds of cores and didn't get nearly as much out of the Endo they gave out in exchange for them as I would have if they had stayed with the cores. You get less for your money when you buy endo with platinum as opposed to the cores, how is that not money-grabbing?
>>
>>50886932
Holy fuck learn to math before you start spouting shit.

It takes 40920 Endo to take a primed mod from rank 0 to rank 10, and half of that is the jump from 9 to 10. Digging up the old information on how many r5s it used to take to do the same 0-10 rankup, and basing the conversion math on duders dropping 80 endo where r5s used to be on their drop tables, it actually lowered the number from the 42240 endo a straight r5 to endo transition seems to math out at.

As for taking more time, the initial numbers were a bit fucked, but I'm pretty sure by now they've got the endless loot tables actually set right so things that used to give you a 5pack of r5s now gives the equivalent in endo (400)

Not gonna touch the buy it straight up with plat part because buying the stuff from the market was always the fool and his money option
>>
>>50887030
Dude i stopped playing because they fucked me over with the initial conversion even if they've fixed it, it was still money grabbing shit, even if it was just initially they made the plat option viable, My opinion is they should have had their math right on day 1 of conversion, it's not like it was all that fucking difficult.
>>
>>50887092
>My opinion is they should have had their math right on day 1 of conversion
>DE
>getting things right the first time
You'd been playing this game for how long exactly before you got butthurt over m-muh cores?
>>
>>50887148
Does it matter? I've talked to a few Founders players who were pissed of too, the biggest question they had was if you had a system that worked perfectly what was the point of changing it?
>>
>>50884848
Ew...
>>
>>50887202
>the biggest question they had was if you had a system that worked perfectly what was the point of changing it?

New system has less moving parts. No more filling the bar, you either have enough endo to hit the next rank or you don't. Also no more of that fuckery with polarities and duplicate mods and whatnot.
>>
File: Laughing zombot.gif (848KB, 170x281px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing zombot.gif
848KB, 170x281px
>>50882854
>The beast squats down, shovelling a heap of gore into its mouth.
>>
>>50887462
but the duplicate mods still exist, its just grinding them into endo is way less efficient than old fusing duplicates
>>
>>50887571
Oh? I just trade them to lazy people.
>>
>>50887571
>grinding them into endo is way less efficient than old fusing duplicates
You know, I've never actually tried looking into the math on that. Fusion core math is simple because we were given flat number conversions, not sure if anyone ever mathed out what the numbers looked like for that. I can't imagine they'd have based the math on an 'ideal' fusion scenario of a dupe of the base mod.
>>
>>50887462
My point was "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" the system was fine not overly complex, and easy to use, why fix it?
>>
>>50888007
Main 'why bother' thing I can think of is backend stuff. One numeric pseudocurrency probably makes for a more compact database than a table for tracking C0-3, U0-5, and R0-5. Why partially-ranked cores were even a thing I have no idea, but they were.
>>
>>50888136
So server storage limits/optimization on DE's end then? that's their reason?
>>
>>50888186
I have no clue if they had a stated reasoning behind it, I'm just speculating. Maybe they decided that 'hey, we've done a 2.0 of most of our mechanics by this point, why not mod fusion?'
>>
>>50888206
Eh whatever, i'm probably not gonna go back to playing anyway, it was a mite too monotonous on top of the bullshit.
>>
File: 20161226182935_1.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161226182935_1.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
>>50888237
>monotonous
Perhaps, but at least I've gotten my money's worth out of it.
>>
>>50888336
Yeah, true.
>>
>>50886670

>That hair style

Everyone has that haristyle! Even I have that hairstyle.
>>
>>50879299
There's not really any angst from the Tenno, as far we can tell their perfectly alright with continuing to serve the Lotus and fight for justice/sweet loot.
>>
>>50888989
I don't.
>>
So what systems are people adapting? Any games planned?
>>
>>50893065
Have you not read the whole thread?
>>
>>50893080
Considering all the discussion, someone has to have settled on something.
>>
>>50893208
Yeah not really read the thread and you'll see the recommended systems in which some think could be done, no real consensus was reached though
>>
File: nq5ixh.gif (4MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
nq5ixh.gif
4MB, 720x405px
>>50893065
>>50893208
>>50893080

Personally i think a new system that lifts heavily from whats been suggested already could good way to go.
>>
There was this cool idea of it being a hybrid between no DH2 and Legends of the Wulin or maybe a mod to VeloCITY

Unfortunately it devolved in a flamewar about the vidya
>>
>>50894034
A fervent discussion, not a flame war and there was no reason it couldn't have continued alongside that.
>>
>>50894034
To be fair, it's kind of impossible to not talk about the vidya, and it's not exactly a shining example here. It's a long, drawn-out process of a game that's been picking up steam, bucking off passengers ,and changing paradigms through it's career.

Good times, bad times, stupid times, clever times, all of them muddy together when people who played a year ago meet with people who played in Beta meet with people still playing now. It's contentious is what it is.
>>
>>50894075
I guess you are right I did exaggerate a bit

>>50894075
True I played it in beta and picked it up around 4 months ago and was very pleasantly surprised to see where they got.

Still I would very much like to see the discussion continue as I would like to run a Warframe game but suck at game design
>>
>>50894161
i think you mistakenly link response two to me as well friend no problem
>>50894084
see>>50894161
>>
>>50894034
I would like to see that VeloCITY mod, personally.
>>
>>50894268
veloCITY seems to make the most sense given the heavy focus on acrobatics and evasion in WF
>>
>>50894849
Plus, combat actions are free-flowing and can be interwoven into any other actions you're taking. There doesn't have to be dedicated combat sections; you can shoot and ambush on the move and whatnot.
>>
So are gender swapping frames a thing? Like can you have a male operator who jumps into hot female frames?
>>
File: CPFakg7[1].gif (15KB, 295x157px) Image search: [Google]
CPFakg7[1].gif
15KB, 295x157px
>>50894957
>>
>>50886932
You can scrap mods for endo.
You can get a few hundred endo easy from each stack of 50+ shit mods you have lying around.

Costs less credits, too. Actually easier and more efficient.
>>
>>50894034

we'll just have to pick it up on the next thread.
>>
>>50894957
Yes.
As someone with a male operator, I main an Ember. The hottest frame.
>>
>>50895062

so it's underage, transgender and thicc in one character

i love it
>>
>>50854498
Not to mention that when a Warframe is stuck somewhere, the operater might have to venture out into a hostile enviroment in order to pick it up before their frame gets used to build Tenno killing super monsters.
>>
Yo, I'm new to warframe and its setting, is dark sector related to its lore or was dark sector just a prototype for the design?
>>
>>50895161

Warframe draws inspiration and some concepts from darkSector. but in terms of continuity they're different.

You might see a few design choices that carry over. Like the Proto-Exalibur warframe skin. And the Glaive weapon.

Plus Technocyte is a thing in this universe, though it behaves slightly different, though it could be a different strain as it was explicitly engineered.
>>
>>50895161
It was one of those things that got picked up and dropped. It had some flimsy lore behind it like " Yeah this sector of space was claimed by the Infestation so we sealed it behinds and the only way you get there is via Void relay" but it doesn't make sense half the time.

On a semi-unrelated note: Warframe lore kinda reminds me of 40k lore in the sense that if you look at it too closely it is a jumbled mess of retcons and patches
>>
>>50894268
Someone linked it in this thread, but it's not finished. They got to stating the frames/weapons/everything
>>
>>50895201
it really is an ambiguous lore clusterfuck, and i think that's where a lot of the heated lore discussions arise from
>>
>>50895213
They got to explaining the overall structure (i.e. use the system out of the box almost entirely as-is) but didn't provide specific numbers he used.
>>
Weapon and Warframe Mods could translate to a perk system pretty well.
>>
>>50895911

You know they could now that i think of it.

Plus, getting more mod slots as you rank up a weapon could represent proficiency in the weapon.
>>
>>50895963
plus you could acquire them from defeating specific enemies, getting them and actually equipping them on your gear is still separate
>>
>>50895989

So it might be less using enemy drops as refining your technique, learning the ins and outs of a weapon. and also making small personalized modifications of your weapon to best suit your uses.

So i would say that you unlock perks for weapon types up to a certain point (shotguns, Nikanas, and hammers), then you get weapon specialization perks (Dragon Nikana, Boar, and Jat Kitang)
>>
File: 20161227073632_1.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161227073632_1.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
Sadly I wasn't able to recreate it to share the fun, but I'd hopped into the customize tenno screen to tweak my potato while in transference, and when I got done the game decided to switch my idle pose from standing to the comfy chair sit.
>>
>>50896025

I imagine that Hard Light chairs are a thing in this setting.
>>
>>50896037
chairs are a rarity in warframe, it seems all chair and sitting technology was lost in the tumultuous chaos of the fall of the orikin.
>>
>>50896055
>>50896037

don't you know that everyone hovers while they mediate or kneels down? GOD! you all are just uneducated savages.
>>
>>50896012
So you'd have an assault rifle with 30 base damage, as an example. As you improve the weapon, the base damage eventually crawls up to 35, and you get more perks to attach to it, like "Add 5 fire damage to the total damage result" and "+1 to the attack test when aiming down sights." Do I have that right?
>>
>>50896282
Also, "This gun does 10 less damage but is now almost completely silent when firing."
>>
>>50896282

Well the idea i had was you leveled up a weapon class (Swords, Rifles, pistols, shotguns) and you got perks based upon your personal aptitude with that weapon type.

Then you got specialization perks with specific weapons, which amounts to weapon customization and familiarity with that specific weapon.
>>
>>50896307
So the character himself would get a perk specific to his weapon preference ("Assault Specialist [P]: +1 to all combat-related tests when wielding an assault rifle-type weapon") that would steadily get stronger over time?
>>
>>50896307
>>50896330
Since it's worth noting like >>50865068 said that equipment can have its own perks/penalties.
>>
>Weapon perks
We shape our tools
>Character perks
Our tools shape us
>>
Which is the sexiest frame?
>>
>>50896804
Nezha
>>
>>50896804
Tyl Regor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI012q0Od7E
>>
>>50893065
If I did it, I'd do it in Strike!.

It seems like a very aesthetically and thematically interesting setting, but I'm not sure where I'd find players for it (also, I'd rather play than GM it).
>>
>>50896804
nova hits the cute/beauty really well
>>
>>50896804
Vauban. End of discussion.
>>
File: 1cc.gif (2MB, 180x140px) Image search: [Google]
1cc.gif
2MB, 180x140px
>>50851804

>Grineer, legions of space retards, take 40k LARP too far at the behest of immortal Space Bitches.

>The Corpus try to make money by... fighting massive wars with everyone, that makes sense.

>The Infested are mysterious shitters who can't get anything done despite being monstrously strong because that would make them less mysterious.

>The Colonies do nothing except get fucked, even though that one colony figured out how to DEFEAT THE FUCKING INFESTED. (They used it to get snacks)

>Of the Syndicates, the two sanest (Perrin Sequence and Steel Meridian) are at each other's throats because they're made of Corpus and Grineer defectors respectively. Cephalon Suda just wants the data, Cephalon Simaris also just wants the data, and Teshin's Conclave wants you to fight for the death because apparently that will make you stronger. Meanwhile, the Arbiters of Hexis promise you freedom from just being a dumb grunt by send you out to kill shit for them and never deliver, Red Veil whispers in your ear to BURN THEM ALL but never explains why, and New Loka are literally a treehugging cult that will never achieve anything.

>The Lotus gives you money to do shit, but isn't actually interested in fixing the system before the omnicidal machine invaders return, just making sure the Tenno survive.

>Fuck it, just give me a better gun if I kill things.
>>
>>50851804
>>50897165
Far as I know, the Tenno only really interact among themselves, mostly about how much fucking inner tranquility they have. Lotus points them at something, and the Tenno annihilate it in decisive fashion.
>>
>>50897165
>>Of the Syndicates, the two sanest (Perrin Sequence and Steel Meridian) are at each other's throats because they're made of Corpus and Grineer defectors respectively. Cephalon Suda just wants the data, Cephalon Simaris also just wants the data, and Teshin's Conclave wants you to fight for the death because apparently that will make you stronger. Meanwhile, the Arbiters of Hexis promise you freedom from just being a dumb grunt by send you out to kill shit for them and never deliver, Red Veil whispers in your ear to BURN THEM ALL but never explains why, and New Loka are literally a treehugging cult that will never achieve anything.

I really don't understand some of the syndicate relationships.

Steel Meridian is all 'won't someone think of the poor colonists', but then they side with 'BURN THEM ALL NO BLOOD TOO PRECIOUS" rather than "hey maybe war profiteering isn't the way to go" and "hey maybe we should unfuck earth and keep what's left of humanity from falling down the shithole the grineer are in"
>>
Y'know, we could a Warframe-style game without the Warframe setting. There's other ways you can pull off omnicidal spacefaring super ninjas.
>>
>>50897214
space racism
>>
does the child-soldier angle even still work if they're mentally hundreds of years old?
>>
>>50896804
I actually really like Equinox.
>>
>>50897965
They were kids when they started, that's gotta count for something. I am unfamiliar with real world happenings, do our meatspace child soldiers stop getting called that if they make it to the age of majority?
>>
>>50897965
I can tell you right now that you never really grow out of being a child soldier.

It will be with you forever, so you just learn to live with it.
>>
>>50898041
Sort of. English puts a past tense on it, but it's still there.
>>
>>50898041
we don't know the amount of time that passed after the zariman incident and the sentient war, or whether it's the incident that stopped them aging or other methods. the period of time they used warframes during the sentient war is unclear too, since it's kind of implied that the orokin tried lots of other weapons against the sentients, but technological weapons were subverted constantly because they were fighting AI superbots of adaptability.
during this time they also supposedly had enough time to set up the five schools of focus, which isnt something that you can do overnight.
>>
>>50898070
war in general will do that, but I'm more asking how old they were when they actually were thrust into the sentient war, since they haven't aged.
>>
>>50885179
It will affect the powers of the operator form aparently.
>>
>>50898585
There really isn't any information regarding that, and that they were mind wiped twice kind of complicates that question even more.
>>
Will there be another thread?
>>
>>50899237
Probably eventually.

Also I am reminded that I started on some writefaggotry for that one 'what if warframe landed in the 40k universe' thread that I should probably get ready in case that thread resurfaces
>>
>>50899277
it just boiled down to 'who can offer the better rewards' didn't it?
>>
>>50899349

It's going to be about the integration of the origin system into the imperium. Been keeping the PoV more or less on the new governor.

a boiled-down tl;dr would be
>Grineer queens refuse to submit, get forcibly deposed
>Steel Meridian broad ends up in charge of what's left of the grineer, who are grudgingly accepted as abhumans
>Corpus wisely decide there's no profit to be found in opposing the imperium, and are in fact positively giddy at the prospect of extrasolar trading.
>Not really enough information on the colonies to say for certain what happens to them, probably a case of more or less left alone, but at least the grineer aren't shitting on them anymore now
>thanks to orks and nids, the imperium has plenty of experience dealing with invasive pests, unless the technocyte has some major tricks up its sleeve, it's more or less gonna be reduced to a nonissue
>mechanicus are basically riding out nonstop orgasms from all the archeotech to be had
>tenno have no real idea what to do with the sudden shift in power, lots of covert ops into imperial holdings to try and figure out what the fuck they're dealing with
>>
File: 1365783071973.jpg (200KB, 1024x1629px) Image search: [Google]
1365783071973.jpg
200KB, 1024x1629px
If anyone is interested in VeloCITY in particular, not just as a mod for Warframe, there's a new thread up dedicated to the system. You're all welcome to stop by.

>>50900223
>>
>>50900244
thanks compadre
>>
https://youtu.be/e5MAg_yWsq8
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.